Windows Support Forum

Wifi randomly disconnects me from network :(

Q: Wifi randomly disconnects me from network :(

Hello Everyone,

I got a small problem I wanted to share..
Sometimes when I am working on my laptop doing whatever it just disconnects me out of the blue.
It shows this stupid icon and says that there are no connections possible:
At first, I did not know what to do so I just began doing some random things on the network center. Then I figured out how to solve it:

First open network center
Then, Open adapter settings
Disable your Wifi network card
Next, Enable it again
And then your internet connection is back again

Now this works fine on short term, it takes like less then one minute, but its starting to drive me crazy now so does any one knows why it does this and how I can solve it once and for all?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi randomly disconnects me from network :(

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi randomly disconnects me from network :(

Right off the bat I'm thinking it is related to your marginal signal strength as shown in the last image. My advice is to test it when you get 4 or 5 solid bars and see if it happens. I guess that means you will have to move closer to the router; yes? Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28582-wifi-randomly-disconnects-me-network.html
Relevancy 79.12%

my laptop's wifi randomly disconnects and sometime after that don't show any network....when i try to troubleshoot it shows blue screen page error and laptop restarts. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/5712195
Relevancy 79.12%

I recently bought a Lenovo V570 and a Dell Inspiron N5110 from Best Buy but I am having an issue with both of them. Both have Intel i5 processors so it has to be something to do with it. My Wifi randomly disconnects and sometimes it automatically reconnects and sometimes it doesn't connect back. I am using a Netgear router connected to Charter high speed internet. The weird thing is I can connect an iPhone 4, Motorola Xoom, and an older Dell laptop with no problem. Someone please help. This is driving me crazy!!

A:Wifi Randomly Disconnects

If your using 802.1x Authentication please disable it by going into network and sharing center-then to your wireless adapter and click properties and disable it by unchecking it. If you not using that protocol your probably getting a weak signal from the router Netgear routers are known for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179660-wifi-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm using a SAGEM X762N wifi adapter on my laptop running windows 8.1. The wifi randomly disconnects and the only way to fix it is to disconnect the adapter from the usb port and then plug it in again.(Sometimes this doesn't work as well, i have to repeat this step until it works). When it does disconnect, I can't connect back unless I do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wifi-adapter-randomly-disconnects.1166775/
Relevancy 78.26%

The main problem I am having is my internet connection disconnects randomly whenever I am online It occurs more frequently when I am using a lot of bandwidth such as YouTube streaming downloading files etc It averages a disconnect about every minutes So far I have used my PC on different networks and it disconnects at the same intervals on all of them I have changed OS from Windows to I have changed WiFi adapters twice and it still happens to each one I have tweaked some settings on Windows but not all of them When I look at the adapter when the disconnect occurs the light that normally blinks when connected shuts off as if it lost power Then it turns back on when it is connected My gut feeling is the motherboard may be too old to support newer network technology but I am open to suggestions Any help is greatly appreciated at this time Thank you Here are my stats Intel E Wolfdale Dual-Core GHz CPU GIGABYTE GA-G MT-S PT Motherboard APEVIA ATX-AS W-BL W Powersupply G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR EVGA GeForce GT Video card ASUS XONAR D - Channel PCI Audio Card Cooler Master Hyper Plus CPU Cooler Panda Wireless PAU USB Adapter ASUS VW H quot Monitor Rosewill Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Windows -bit OS nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

I'm going to start from the very beginning and use as much detail as possible because this is my final hope I have seriously tried everything I'm not the most tech smart person but I am willing to try whatever else I am suggested I have comcast and a d modem I have a linksys router EA running firmware version I have a Asus G sx laptop running windows ultimate bit I have a Intel Centrilo Wireless N Wireless adapter Never had a single problem ever I play WoW use ventrillo have steam open and constantly browse reddit and youtube For years no problems Two weeks ago i started getting strong interruptions they would last for about Randomly Disconnects doing Wifi many vid when streaming things, mainly ten minutes It was primarily when I was in a game of League of legends or streaming a youtube video I just thought it was me putting to much on Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid my internet as my wife also uses her ipad to watch netflix However now it is frustrating me so bad When I am just browsing sites it will only kick me off occasionally however if Im connected to ventrillo or streaming a youtube video its pretty Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid much a sure thing to Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid knock me off I first made sure all other devices were working fine and they are Ipad stays connected our phones stay online I reset my modem and router and called comcast to make sure they didnt see any interuptions on their side and they did not I have the router about three feet from the modem the cables are connected fine and my laptop is only about feet from the router with no walls in between or any other devices around I completely wiped my hard drive i have Kaspersky installed i manually downloaded the drivers from intel to make sure they were up to date I have WPA -psk security on my wifi There are literally no other programs or files on my computer except steam wow and ventrillo and google chrome I have tried changing the power management on my network adapter to not let it go to sleep I tried running the admin command prompt with netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh ipv reset reset log and restarting my laptop I have tried changing the channel on my wifi to I took my to a friends house and his wifi worked perfect on my laptop I took replaced my wifi card bucks on amazon not bad and still the problem persists My comcast plan allows me Mbps although soon ill be switching providers I seriously have no idea what the problem is I took it to a local computer store good reviews nice older couple and they kept it for a few days and didnt charge me anything but said they could not find a single thing wrong with the laptop Lastly when it disconnects the wifi goes from bars down to and then a little yellow hazard sign comes up I run troubleshooting and it tells me different things sometimes its something along the lines or quot Reseting Wireless Adapter quot or quot The Default gateway is not available quot or quot A connection is broken between your modem router or wireless adapter quot I am so frustrated and confused I really have no clue what to do I have seen a few people attaching ipconfigs to their files so i thought i would do that but seriously anything anyone can help me with would be amazing and i would name my first born child after them probably Edit Just another note forgot that occasionally the troubleshooting will tell me something along the lines of The Device is not set up microsoft com to receive access to The World Wide Web

A:Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It sounds like the laptops has worked just fine on two other networks (friend & service shop). You might try putting the Linksys AC/N router in the N mode only. You might also take your router to your friend's home and test things there. If your router/laptop works while in another home, then perhaps some type of interference has shown up at your place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327170-wifi-randomly-disconnects-when-doing-many-things-mainly-streaming-vid.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys.

Since installing the recent updates for Windows 10, every now and then my Wifi will just disconnect... Turning it back on is as simple as clicking on the Internet icon and clicking "connect" again, though I'm a gamer and when the connection drops out during games it becomes a real problem. My Wifi is set to connect automatically, but that tool seems to be ignored as it disconnects and stays disconnected until I manually click "connect".

A:Wifi disconnects randomly since windows 10 update 2 days ago.

Hi Earless, just want to let you know that, although I don't have a solution to your problem, I've had my wifi icon change to show I'm always in "airplane mode" even thought I'm not. In other words, others are having similar problems, and the solution must go beyond simply "turning system icons on and off" and "restarting the system." Those don't work. For any and all reading this thread, this is an issue of consequence, for indeed we all know that at times our wifi does go out and it'd be nice to simply verify that at a glance at a functioning icon rather than to have to run several test web pages to see if, indeed, I am still connected to the internet. Does anyone have a solution? My experience also came immediately after the recent (Dec 19th, 2015) update to Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34441-wifi-disconnects-randomly-since-windows-10-update-2-days-ago.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I just got a new Lenovo E545 laptop in the mail today with Windows 7 Professional.

I get randomly disconnected from my Wifi.  This happens anywhere from 5 minutes apart to 30 minutes apart.  I can't seem to find any common reason. 

I have Verizon Fios Quantum and am almost positive it is not an issue with the router.  All of my other devices including another laptop have no connectivity issues.

I have looked around online but can't seem to fix the issue.  I just checked and my drivers are up to date.  Once I troubleshoot the connection it has said several different things, from something related to my ip address to something to do with the wireless card.  It always is connected again within 30 seconds. 

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538899/new-lenovo-e545-w-windows-prof-wifi-randomly-disconnects/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I have found a few people with similar problems after extensive searching but nothing I have tried has worked so far I recently built a new PC from scratch and installed Vista which I am still getting to grips with Everything works fine except the wireless connection drops seemingly at random (other Vista unaffected disconnects with Asus Wifi + randomly computers Wireless Solo about - times a day When it disconnects there are no wireless networks availible to connect to there are usually different networks in the list and I have to disable and enable wireless networking on the network connections screen When Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected I initially set up the computer i had a lot of trouble getting the wireless to work at all due to interference between the asus wifi software and vista In order to get it to work I manually installed the drivers from the realtek website Other computers connected to the Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected network are unaffected by the drop outs including my XP laptop which I have right next to the computer Connection strength and internet speed is fine when it actually works All the software I am running is pretty much the same as on Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected my XP laptop so I can t think of any problems there I have tried numerous wireless channels changing from b g to g only resetting the router and reinstalling the wifi drivers several times powersaving has been disabled for the wifi card also One thing that is a little perculiar is that even though the wireless adapter is part of the motherboard it appears as a usb device in the quot safely remove hardware quot list but i have been unable to find alternative drivers This is all the information I can think to provide other details are listed below PC intel Q vista ultimate bit Asus PK -E motherboard with Asus Wifi Solo Realtek RTL L Drivers installed version Wireless Be Broadband UK SpeedTouch b g Channel Selection Manual Channel Allow multicast from Broadband Network Yes Broadcast Network Name No Allow New Devices New stations are allowed automatically Security Mode WEP bit here is what i get from trying ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users teaeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name teaeff-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List config Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc cd b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A B D-C DE- A-BB - FC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a d eba Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a a... Read more

A:Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-randomly-disconnects-with-vista-asus-wifi-solo-other-computers-unaffected.691204/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a small Windows XP peer-to-peer network and one of my workststions keeps disconnecting randomly. One moment it can browse the network and see all other workstations - then suddenly it can only see itself in the workgroup list. Checking the status of the network connection shows that the PC is sending packets, but not receiving any. In safe mode as well. Have tried resetting TCP/IP stack, reinstalling the adapter driver, etc. The problem is its randomness, because sometimes it networks fine for a few minutes or hours, then drops without explanation.
Have checked for virus and spyware as well, no luck. Anybody seen this before?

A:Network client disconnects randomly

Can you tell us something about the network? Wired, wireless, what? How about the make/model of the machine in question, as well as the network adapter if it's not built-in. Have you changed the cable, port on the router or switch, etc.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-client-disconnects-randomly.576977/
Relevancy 71.81%

Lenovo G intel core randomly read it my all help me,i've from ONLy,please laptop disconnects Network i - Mwindows ultimatebroadcom n network adapterFor almost a month i've been having issues with my laptop because it randomly disconnects from network for a reason i still can't identify It may work fine for an hour then the wireless network card disconnects Every now and then or every minutes depends on the day i guess i've been reading lots of forums about this and found nothing to work so Network randomly disconnects from my laptop ONLy,please help me,i've read it all farthis is what i tried -everything is on maximum performance-i unclicked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power -disabled some ip helper in services-checked everything that has to do with the router changing channels interference with other routers or wifi's the hardware part SEEMS just fine the laptop is pretty new it has like an year and never had any problems with it -checking for drivers updates it says that i have the latest version-fully scanned the laptop for viruses and none was detected-didn t install any program lately that might cause this-network signall is excellentAnd still nothing worked NOTHING I'm really desperate right now The only thing that makes the network work again almost instantly like - sec while if i let it restart by itself it takes from minutes to even - minutes is turning off and then on again the wireless network card i do that by pressing the airplane mode button so any help pleaseeee i noticed that this happens a lot to other users too

A:Network randomly disconnects from my laptop ONLy,please help me,i've read it all

Hi,

Try to follow the suggestion on the topic here see if it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622648/network-randomly-disconnects-from-my-laptop-onlyplease-help-meive-read-it-all/
Relevancy 71.81%

Lenovo G intel core i - M windows ultimate broadcom n network adapter For almost a month i've been having issues with my read :( Network works, disconnects, help and nothing here everything randomly please i've me! laptop because it randomly disconnects from network for a reason i still can't identify It may work fine for an hour then the wireless network card disconnects Every now and then or every minutes depends Network randomly disconnects, i've read everything here and nothing works, please help me! :( on the day i guess i've been reading lots of forums about this and found nothing to work so far this is what i tried -everything is on maximum performance -i unclicked quot allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot -disabled some quot ip helper quot in services -checked everything that has to do with the router changing channels interference with other routers or wifi's the hardware part SEEMS just fine the laptop is pretty new it has like an year and never had any problems with it -checking for drivers Network randomly disconnects, i've read everything here and nothing works, please help me! :( updates it says that i have the latest version -fully scanned the laptop for viruses and none was detected -didn t install any program lately that might cause this -network signall is excellent And still nothing worked NOTHING I'm really desperate right now The only thing that makes the network work again almost instantly like - sec while if i let it restart by itself it takes from minutes to even - minutes is turning off and then on again the wireless network card i do that by pressing the airplane mode button so any help pleaseeee i noticed that this happens a lot to other users too

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434725-network-randomly-disconnects-ive-read-everything-here-nothing-works-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello! I'm having a problem with my wifi. I have an asus laptop my OS is windows 8 pro. So im connecting to the internet fine just for like 4 or 5 hours maybe the whole day sometimes. Then my wifi just disconnects and the networks dissappear one by one and then there is no network. Tried turning off and on the wifi. No change, only solution is to restart my pc and hope it wont happen again. I tried troubleshooting. It fixed the problem 2 times and connected back. And it won't fix anymote. It said it had some probelm with access point. Pls help me! The problem keeps repeating. Fine for hours then keeps disconnecting

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello All,
I'm using an Inspiron 1012 to connect to a WiFi source which is located in the same building on one floor below.  I often have very slow network response and/or frequent network disconnects.  I'm not exactly sure, but could an outdated NIC be the problem.  Is someone able to diagnose with more certainty, what my problem is and how I can fix it?
Please contact me if you require any further information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19836838
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello. I have a problem with my Sony Vaio E-series laptop. It disconnects from my WiFi every time when I am in the middle of an online game. It does it sometimes while I am web browsing. I had Windows 7 at first when I had the problem. I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 to solve the problem, but the problem still comes along! I have the evaluation copy of Windows 10 and it runs pretty well. This problem has started in the beginning of the month of July 2015. Can anyone help me solve this? I tried reinstalling the drivers and disabling and re-enabling the adapter but nothing works. I also tried resetting the adapter by using the wireless toggle switch on the lip of the laptop and it turns back on. But I still need to know why it disconnects when I play games or searching the web. Thank you!

A:Solved: My Sony Vaio E-series disconnects from WiFi Network while playing online game

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-sony-vaio-e-series-disconnects-from-wifi-network-while-playing-online-game.1151760/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a pretty new ASUS SonicMaster laptop.

Worked great for about a month.

Then no WIFI. Checked device manager and only the Family Ethernet device was present.

Then a few reboots later it appeared again. Since then it just randomly appears and goes missing.

It's a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

Driver version is 10.0.0.287

Driver date is 3/25/2014

Windows says the driver is up to date. Tried installing Windows 10. Same problem. Tried a fresh install of Win 8.1. Same problem. The laptop has barely left my table so hasn't been knocked around at all.

Any help much appreciated. I don't really want to buy a WIFI dongle so would like to get the laptop sorted. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-network-adapter-keeps-randomly-going-missing-1065386.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey,
My desktop is connected to my router via cable. And it randomly gets disconnected from time to time. I've tried re-installing drivers. I get the red X on my network icon in the taskbar, which usually happens when a cable is unplugged. I fixes it self after a minute or 2, its never longer than 1 minute, usually 10-15 seconds, and it happens ever 10-15 minutes.

My wifi works fine, and I have a vonage box connected to my main router which works fine too. It's just my desktop. I've tried different ports, same problem.

I'm heading home in a few hours and I've picked up a new 5 meter cable to check with.

What else could be the problem if the new cable doesn't fix it.

My network adapter is the on baord one on the Asus Maximus Formula.

Thanks.

A:Network randomly disconnecting. Wifi works fine.

Seems to be something wrong within the cable or could be the network card within your pc? Did you try the cable on any other pc or that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269535-network-randomly-disconnecting-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I m having a really annoying problem which is making my laptop almost unusable and a hassle to connectivity wifi and adapter limited randomly network 802.11n Broadcom gets freezes use After a while of my laptop being on my wireless network adapter will suddenly get quot limited connectivity quot and won t connect to the internet Disabling and enabling the adapter will cause my computer to freeze requiring a restart The same with troubleshooting The only thing which fixes this is a fresh reboot however it always occurs again within the hour Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself and the computer will completely Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes freeze meaning I have to press the power on off Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager Searching for quot plug and play quot devices will cause it to freeze Apart from having to reboot what also seems to work is disabling the wifi from PC Settings putting the computer to sleep then awaking it and turning wifi back on I ve had to do that times whilst typing this post I ve tried flushing my dns registering it renewing and releasing Assigning a static DNS address All those things Though I may have done them wrong Specs Laptop model Samsung RV i notebook from around GB RAM Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Operating system Originally came with Windows bit installed issue began on this I installed Windows bit Pro a month ago did not reset settings Problem persists Broadcom n wireless network adapter Device ID Driver date Driver It s the latest driver according to Windows I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from etc however the same problem persists I ve tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting but problem still comes back after a while When it works Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stefan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zangara-RV Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BD- -E - - - D- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - B-B -F -DC-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Stefan gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Stefan gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round tr... Read more

A:Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes

Three things from your post
Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself, and the computer will completely freeze, meaning I have to press the power on/off. Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager. Searching for "plug and play" devices will cause it to freeze.Click to expand...

and
It's the latest driver according to Windows. I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from 2006, 2011 etc however the same problem persists.

I've tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting, but problem still comes back after a while.Click to expand...

and
I think I may have had a trial version of McCafee a long while back, which has now been uninstalled.Click to expand...

As the adapter is disappearing from device manager , it may well be a hardware issue -
it maybe worth

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert it carefully and firmly to make sure it is not loose.
Then remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

With the driver comments , have you actually re-installed a driver - rather than update - we often see windows , thinks you have the latest but actually, you need to install the driver

from the samsung site http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-RV511-A01UK-downloads
Windows 7(32bit,64bit) / 5.100.82.95 / Wireless LAN,BROADCOM / 23 Sep, 2012 / MULTI LANGUAGE
46.03 MB

appears to be the latest version
Downloading the zip file - it has an auto install/setup

remove mcafee with the removal tool
you dont need to loginto the website as in the first part of the instructions - just download the removal tool and run

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mcafee Removal Tool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11n-wifi-network-adapter-randomly-gets-limited-connectivity-and-freezes.1097068/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys,

For the past month or so AIM has been disconnecting me at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes it'll happen twice in two minutes, then be fine for an hour, then start acting up again... you get the idea. This only happened after I came home from college for the summer, which makes me think it's the home network and not my computer causing this. I've tried the regular AIM client, Trillian and Pidgin to connect with, and they all have this issue. Other Internet functions aren't affected when this happens--I can continue browsing webpages just fine, and the network icon in the system tray shows that I am still connected.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and am on a wireless connection via a Linksys WRT54G router. I've forwarded the necessary ports through the router and this still happens. I've also tried temporarily disabling the router's firewall--no dice. Any other things I could try?

A:AIM disconnects randomly

Update on the situation:

I've tried some other things, and the problem persists whether or not my antivirus is running. The problem also crops up much more often at night, which would perhaps suggest a traffic problem with AIM, but if it's kicking me off that often because it can't handle its own traffic it and I have a problem. I've also had problems with webpages not loading on the first try, but when I refresh the page it loads fine.

Personally, I suspect the router may get overheated by nighttime and start dropping certain connections. I only notice when it drops AIM because the dropout is so brief that I'm usually not loading a new webpage or performing other internet tasks at exactly the same moment it occurs, but sometimes I do catch it, hence webpages sometimes loading and sometimes not. AIM notifies me when it goes offline, so it's more noticeable there. Any technical people want to tell me if this makes sense?

(edited for typos--I really shouldn't post things at night)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320267/aim-disconnects-randomly/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
I got D-LINK DWA-131 WiFi adapter on my bro computer with Win 7. Mine router is Linksys E1000. Adapter connects to internet good, but after some surfing net network disconnects. When I try reconnect I get error and Windows troubleshoot. Only way is to turn adapter off and then on again few times to connect to network. What shall I do to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-disconnects-randomly.167894/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys,

For the past month or so AIM has been disconnecting me at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes it'll happen twice in two minutes, then be fine for an hour, then start acting up again... you get the idea. This only happened after I came home from college for the summer, which makes me think it's the home network and not my computer causing this. I've tried the regular AIM client, Trillian and Pidgin to connect with, and they all have this issue. Other Internet functions aren't affected when this happens--I can continue browsing webpages just fine, and the network icon in the system tray shows that I am still connected.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and am on a wireless connection via a Linksys WRT54G router. I've forwarded the necessary ports through the router and this still happens. I've also tried temporarily disabling the router's firewall--no dice. Any other things I could try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/aim-disconnects-randomly-486408.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey all First time poster on these forums I was hoping to disconnects randomly Everyone Internet from get new insight as to what might be causing the issues I m having About a couple weeks ago I started to experience some internet troubles It would be every minutes or every couple hours but I would get disconnect from the internet To start with the tray icon it would mostly show the triangle over the symbol when this Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet happens yet sometimes it would say it was connected perfectly fine Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet In both circumstances during these periods Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet it would not be able to connect to the internet On my network maximum of three of us I am the only one that is hardwired in to the router with an Ethernet cord The other two are wireless We had gotten a new router from Bright House a Ubee modem router and were not satisfied at all when this started happening We purchased a new router to get gigabit Ethernet ports and to give us GHZ wireless channels After installing the new router and setting the UBEE to bridge mode the problem persisted When the UBEE is in bridge mode though and I connect directly to the modem I haven t noticed the problem Although I have never been directly connected to the modem for any extended period of time I have seriously tried every solution that threads have offered saying that it may be a windows problem and none seemed to do the trick So I am finally trying to reach out to you guys to hopefully receive some help I have tried calling Bright House and they sent test signals and they say that the connection is fine We noticed that when we disconnected our house phone the problem seemed to stop happening But now after it has been disconnected from the modem for a week or more the problem returned Resetting the router and modem together seems to grant us at least a day of uninterrupted access and sometimes more After I bridged the UBEE I did change some settings I disabled the firewall and set a DMZ to my router to allow all access through to it What should I do next to address this issue Thank you all in advance NickkyCubba nbsp

A:Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet

The problem lies somewhere in between your ISP and PCs.

Is this how your routers are connected?
ISP ----- Ubee wireless modem/router (bridge mode) ---- 2nd wireless router

Make sure you only have one dhcp server and the routers are not operating in the same channel. You can disable the firewall of your 2nd wireless router keep the firewall on on your modem/router. You dont need to use DMZ unless you are hosting some service to be accessed through the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everyone-randomly-disconnects-from-internet.177796/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I'm new and I'm having this problem that I absolutely have no idea what to do...
Some months ago, I bought a netgear DG384Gv3 router and I use cables to connect it directly to my computer. It was working fine but now, it's been 1 week since I started getting random disconnects from the internet. It's so annoying and in one day, I get around n 10-20 disconnects or more. I know it's not my line who's having problem because I tested it with my adsl modem and it worked fine. I also phoned my ISP and they said that my line was fine. In addition, I have the latest firmware and I tried resetting my router but without any luck. Any help please?

Relevancy 55.9%

Im back, and i've had sleep! So i have checked everything I can about this issue.

Internet disconnects a lot, I get the yellow "Searching for connection" icon down the bottom right on my network icon in the system toolbar. The Dsl light goes out on my modem, Siemens Speedstream 4200, and im getting some strange error messages in event viewer.

I've checked my memory settings in Task manager and I have plenty.

Im running Windows 7 Build 7600 with 4gb of ram.
I am the main computer on my home network and another family member has a Windows Vista 32bit PC that is wired to mine on the lan and shared through ICS on my machine.

Any help would be awesome, if u need me to post any logs at all i am prepared to put them up.

Thanks in advance,
Gstratto.

A:Internet Disconnects randomly

Looks like an ISP issue, give them a call and see if there are outages in your area.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35061-internet-disconnects-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
Ive got an Athlon AMD 2200XP
I have had the modem running fine when I had NT installed but now it disconnects randomly, while donwloading, havent noticed it while just browsing the net yet.
Ive got the settings at never disconnect too
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

A:Modem randomly disconnects

Is it possible that your ISP disconnects you when there is no KB input going on?? This is not uncommon with some ISP's.

Also, bad line conditions can cause a dropped connection. What is your usual connection speed, and do your downloads show reasonable Kb/s in agreement with your connection speed?

Winbob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-randomly-disconnects.258999/
Relevancy 55.9%

My modem troubles - Expert needed Hey guys My modem disconnects randomly while im on Earthlink but never when Im on AOL My friend uses the same access and same username as me for Earthlink so I dunno what the problem is I got this from my modem though - - - randomly disconnects modem Creative Modem Blaster V DE in use - - - Modem type Creative Modem Blaster V DE - - - Modem inf path CREATI INF - - - Modem inf section Digicom - - - N - - - N - - - Initializing modem - - - Send AT lt cr gt - - - Recv AT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt modem disconnects randomly OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Send AT amp FE V amp C amp D S lt cr gt - - - Recv AT amp FE V amp C amp D S lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt modem disconnects randomly lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Send ATS S L M N modem disconnects randomly C amp K X lt cr gt - - - Recv ATS S L M N C amp K X lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Dialing - - - Send ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Dialing - - - Send ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt CONNECT lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Connect - - - Connection established at bps - - - Error-control on - - - Data compression off or unknown - - - Hanging up the modem - - - Hardware hangup by lowering DTR - - - Send ATH lt cr gt - - - Recv ATH lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - N - - - Session Statistics - - - Reads bytes - - - Writes bytes - - - Serial Overrun Errors - - - Creative Modem Blaster V DE closed Anyone have ANY idea what that is I think its my modem disconnecting nbsp

A:modem disconnects randomly

here

here is another log of when it timed out.

02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Creative Modem Blaster V.90 DE5625 in use.
02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Modem type: Creative Modem Blaster V.90 DE5625
02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Modem inf path: CREATI~1.INF
02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Modem inf section: Digicom_1809
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - 115200,N,8,1
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - 115200,N,8,1
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - Initializing modem.
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - Send: AT<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Recv: AT<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Send: AT&FE1V1&C1&D2S0=0<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Recv: AT&FE1V1&C1&D2S0=0<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Send: ATS7=60S30=0L0M1\N2%C3&K3X4<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: ATS7=60S30=0L0M1\N2%C3&K3X4<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Dialing.
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Send: ATDT;<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: ATDT;<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Dialing.
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Send: ATDT#######<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Recv: ATDT7875600<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Recv: <cr><lf>CONNECT 46667<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Interpreted response: Connect
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Connection established at 46667bps.
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Error-control on.
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Data compression off or unknown.
02-20-2002 18:41:35.36 - Hanging up the modem.
02-20-2002 18:41:35.38 - Hardware hangup by lowering DTR.
02-20-2002 18:41:39.57 - Send: ATH<cr>
02-20-2002 18:41:39.60 - Recv: ATH<cr>
02-20-2002 18:41:39.60 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:41:39.60 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:41:39.61 - 115200,N,8,1
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Session Statistics:
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Reads : 3543870 bytes
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Writes: 1522269 bytes
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Serial Overrun Errors: 31
02-20-2002 18:41:39.83 - Creative Modem Blaster V.90 DE5625 closed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-disconnects-randomly.209/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I have Windows 7 and I am connected to a Net gear router with another computer. I constantly (Every Hour) have to reset my modem and router (Unplug It) because it simply stops working. (I get the little triangle with the "!" over the "computer" in the bottom left hand corner. As soon as I reset it, it will be good again for a bit but usually not more than an hour. (Sometimes longer if I am lucky) I have no idea where to begin. I really want this fixed because I play a lot of video games, and not only that my router is upstairs, so I have to run up every time to reset it and its great exercise but its very annoying.

Edit:

ISP: Time Warner

Modem Model Number: SBV5121
Make: Motorolla

Router Model Number: RP6214BDB009145 (Wired Router)
Make: Net Gear

Relevancy 55.9%

I've been having this problem for a while now. It usually doesn't happen when there isn't strain on the internet but when I start downloading a torrent or connect to my wireless it usually disconnects. The problem only occurs when I have the wireless connected. If I'm connected directly to my modem then my internet is fine. The router I'm using is a d-link and I have already talked to eastlink, my service provider and they said everything is fine on their end. I'm kind of stumped on this problem, any help would be appreciated.

A:Internet Randomly Disconnects

Hi

i had the same issue a while back, i changed the channel i was using on the router and it cleared, seems something was causing interference with it, such as another router nearby (several people near me have wireless).

I tried a few channels before settling down to just one.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-randomly-disconnects.132472/
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay So i have a dsl modem that seems to disconnect occasionally when someone calls or when just using the phone or even when im just on the computer i was wondering if there was any way to check any possible way to see if i have a worm virus or anything thats making me have internet issues,its a desktop to...it has been happening for awhile and now all i do is usually go on msn, play online games,vent,teamspeak and what not usual stuff...please help me its really annoying me.

A:Internet Disconnects Randomly

Normally with a dsl modem your service provider install a line converter for the user to be able to use internet and phone at the same time without it will occur some problem as yours. It will become like a sort of dial-up connection.

Check if your line converter is still here or that it is not damage. You will see it on your telephone line which will be like a socket containing two cables, one for telephone and one for internet(dsl modem).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-randomly.110025/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I am having problems with my internet randomly disconnecting and the only way I can get it to work again is to restart the computer. I already search this problem and found no answers. I tried all the spyware and anti virus programs and no its not on a router. Does anyone have any input? Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

My internet has been very jumpy this past month. Almost every day, at any random period of time it will disconnect, reconnect, 5 minutes later, disconnect, reconnect, rinse and repeat.

But this is certain times of the day, usually 3 or 4 times in a day this will start happening, the rest of the time I can stay on for 5 hours or more.

And as I am typing this it has, once again, happened again. Could it be a problem with my modem getting random disconnects?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have Comcast Cable Internet service and i have a Motorola SB4200 Surfboard Cable Modem connected to a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. From time to time I will be unable to connect to the internet. It seems to happen very randomly and I have not detected a pattern in the disconnects besides its usually when its most inconvenient for me.
This issue started a long time ago and when i first encountered it I had called Comcast and they told me simply to just unplug the modem for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and this has always effectively reset the connection and allowed me to access the internet again.
However, lately its been far too often and is really annoying. Some days it goes out multiple times within an hour.
Any ideas on a remedy to this? Will a new modem help? Or is it something else entirely?

Thanks in Advance

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

I am running Windows 8 on a Dell Inspiron 3520. At random moments, the internet disconnects. Sites do not load, however it says I am still connected to the network. I have to manually reconnect to my network for the internet to work again. This is quite frustrating. The other laptops I have (and have used for many years) do not have this problem, so I believe it to be a problem with either the OS or the hardware.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
BigW

Relevancy 55.9%

I am on a desktop that is connected to a Linksys WRT54G router using a wired connection. I have AT&T ADSL. After an hour or so of use I am unable to browse the internet, use AIM, or anything of the sort. However, my local area connection status is still connected. The computer that is directly connected to the modem does not have any problems, along with the laptop that is connected to the router by a wireless connection. I have tried using the ipconfig /flushdns command, but it didn't work. The only method that has worked for me is restarting my computer. If you need more information I would be happy to provide it.

Update the firmware on the router? Get that from the Linksys site. If the update still doesn't work. Go and get yourself another router. Because you already tested a direct connection from the modem to the PC and it worked. But it doesn't work through the router.

So re-flash the router firmware and try it again. Still doesn't work then well replace the router or return back to where you got it from but you'll have to restore the original firmware state.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-randomly-disconnects.106148/
Relevancy 55.9%

hey,

Sometimes when i'm on MSN and Xfire they will both disconnect for no reason. I can re-connect to them as soon as I click connect again. Another thing which also happens is I will be playing World Of Warcraft and that will disconnect also. But, say if i'm in World Of Warcraft and on MSN and Xfire at the same time, MSN and Xfire will disconnect but WoW will continue to run ok. Or WoW will disconnect and MSN and Xfire will continue to run normally. It's really annoying as I keep having to reconnect. If the programs disconnect I can still view internet ok so the internet is still connected.

I use a Linksys WRT54GS. I have 2 Computers wired to it. If MSN and Xfire go off on the Computer I use they will disconnect on the other computer also.

, please help

A:Internet randomly disconnects

Just guessing, but if those services automatically disconnect if they get no signal from the other end within a certain time period then maybe you (your internet connection) don't have enough bandwidth to use more than one at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-disconnects.512671/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello! I've been having problems for a while with my internet. I thought it was a temporary thing, but the problem stayed and only got worse. Unfortunantly, I am limited in my knowledge in computer and internet terms. However, using google, I have found this thread (techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t%20%3C/t-56828-Internet-is-fast-but-disconnects-randomly-Please-help.html) which describes a similar case to my problem. The only difference is that I live in NY, USA and use Optimum Online. In the past, I have had absolutely no trouble with Optimum. Ever since my father decided to take away wireless, I've been having disconnection problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

OK, I followed the 8 steps and attached here are the logs the post had requested. If I did anything wrong, please let me know. Thanks for all the help in advance!

edit: Oh, and regards to Matthew's post, I have no clue what the second part is proposing. But I think there is a good chance that this is a malware problem because in the past, I had accidentally downloaded a harmful file. The webmistress said it was a malware, so that could have been the reason for this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-randomly-disconnects.125771/
Relevancy 55.9%

WD 750 gig 7200 rpm drive in Rosewill eSATA case running off the eSATA port of an Asus P5B-E board. After a number of hours, it will randomly disconnect itself. It disappears from explorer in XP. Rebooting solves the issue for the time being, but it can't help any data loss. Where should I begin looking, or is just a "feature" of external drives? 8-(

tj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hdd-randomly-disconnects.702764/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello! Lately my WiFi disconnects after using the computer for a while and can not reconnect to any other wireless networks unless I restart my computer. I didn't find anything on the Lenovo website that helped me and I already have the Wireless network adapter driver upgraded.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-disconnects-after-a-while-on-G50-80/td-p/3482144
Relevancy 55.47%

From new I've always had issues with wifi disconnecting randomly on Chromebook N21.
It just seems to lose the network it's connected to. Wifi remains on, it searches for networks and seems to see all other available networks except for the one it was connected to. Eventually after a minute or 2 it reconnects and all is fine for a while. It's not specific to one particular router or network, same behaviour in different locations and networks.

Anyone had similar problems, any workaround or fixes?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

A:N21 - WiFi Disconnects

Having the exact same issue here.  Have you resolved this?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/N21-WiFi-Disconnects/td-p/2173313
Relevancy 55.04%

I am running Vista randomly for Internet few seconds disconnects a bit with IE have all the updates for all Internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds windows programs use Norton Internet Security witht the firewall disabled and Comodo Firewall I'm on a wired connection through RoadRunner using their modem a Motorola surfboard SB Here is the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users DUFFY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DUFFY Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List tampabay rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix QHH LOCAL Description Intel reg Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - - D- - A-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix tampabay rr com Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D-BA- -D -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed a d cf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Friday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix tampabay rr com Description isatap tampabay rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap QHH LOCAL Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix tampabay rr com Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f e f Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA EAC - D - ADE-AACB-BE E A br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes The result of ping www google com C Users DUFFY gt ping www google com Pinging www l google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms and the result of ping C Users DUFFY gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Some of my research makes it seem like it's the tunnel adapter Should I try disabling it Thanks Matt

A:Internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds

Hello,This is related to your HiJack This topic posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235882/internet-connection-keeps-going-down/ to which you should be receiving a response in another couple days or so.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Once you have been declared clean by the HJT Team and if you are still experiencing issues with this, then send a Private Message to a moderator to reopen this topic.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236682/internet-disconnects-randomly-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that's about 6 years old and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet connection will randomly disconnect. It almost always can be brought back by unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable in the back of my computer, or by unplugging it from the wall and reconnecting it. (Since my computer is on the second floor and the router and the modem are on the 1st floor, we run the cable from the router through the wall and to the 2nd floor). It also can be resolved by resetting the modem and router.

Anyway, I have had this problem a few times before, but they seemed to just go away, but it has resurfaced once again. Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I m not out and Internet randomly timing disconnects. super tech savvy but my internet has been very sketchy this past year and it s finally driving me mad Currently with Time Warner using a WiFi connection and it seems to have developed some quirks First of all the internet only works on certain user accounts and sometimes barely on the ones it works on It frequently times out and refuses to load anything or sometimes just wont work at all I Internet timing out and randomly disconnects. have unplugged the router modem numerous Internet timing out and randomly disconnects. times over the past few months and reset everything multiple times as well all to no avail I ve never heard of connections being biased towards a specific user profile Second it appears that since this started happening I have slowly lost ALL of my memory I went from about GB out of TB to MB without downloading anything that massive Here s where it gets super weird When I delete something to free up space it slowly loses the memory again Don t know if that s relevant to internet issues but still So unless my internet has developed a very immature AI and has become self-aware there should be some sort of fix right nbsp

A:Internet timing out and randomly disconnects.

you may have a virus or malware on the PC causing the space issue

I would suggest logging a post in the virus forum - But first lets have a look at the wireless

What windows version are you running?

also lets see an xirrus screen shot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-timing-out-and-randomly-disconnects.1147316/
Relevancy 55.04%

I own a notebook.
i have this problem that my wifi connection just disconnects shows a small X on the down right side.
just like that randomly.
and it wont reconnect, only when i restart my computer it works again.
it happens like 10 minutes after i boot my PC.
what can i do to prevent it ?
tried formatting already

A:Wi-Fi connection just randomly disconnects on my netbook

Try changing Wi-Fi channel on your router homepage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200842-wi-fi-connection-just-randomly-disconnects-my-netbook.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Dell Inspiron 600m, Win XP SP2, New Belkin wireless G router, only machine with connection problems;
No nearby phone or trouble with other nearby networks.
There is one other machine wired to the router.

The laptop can connect. However, it will disconnect after ~5 minutes. When viewing the wireless networks, it will say that it is connected to the network, however it must not be as I can't open the router page, and it will not ping it.

Thoughts? Suggestions? What other info do you need?

A:Wireless laptop randomly disconnects

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-randomly-disconnects.789130/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys!

I am having the problem that my Laptop, despite full wireless signal, sporadically disconnects from the internet. I hardly realize it until I talk to my family on Skype. It happens up to every 15 minutes. I don't think it's a router related issue because I can use Skype for 2 hours straight on my iphone (using my wireless network) without a problem... I am wondering if I have a setup issue on my Laptop?

Thank you for your help!

A:Laptop disconnects from Internet randomly

moved to networking forum

can we see the following information when its working correctly and again when disconnects
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-disconnects-from-internet-randomly.981624/
Relevancy 55.04%

Every time while I am in the desktop my mouse randomly disconnects and than reconnects.It freezes and making usb sound..
tnx for help!!

A:Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly

try another usb port. if that doesn't work buy a new mouse. sounds like it's on it's way out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190794-mouse-disconnects-reconnects-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi
i have hp dv6 laptop with amd cpu and win64 installed and i get usb composite device and integrated webcam randomly disconnects and connects without obvious cause
i checked the cam cables and no problem found
the mic module works fine
pls help

A:usb composite device disconnects randomly

To troubleshoot this issue, first find out if the camera is a problem with a more throughout check. Use another computer with that camera and see if it has the same issue. If it does, it is your camera device. However, if not try another usb port on the problem computer and see if that helps. If not, then re-install the driver for the camera on the problem computer.

I hope this information helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-composite-device-disconnects-randomly.1090486/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Firstly i would like to confirm if this is the correct forum to post internet problems Well anywayz i live in Toronto Canada and i use Bell High Speed Internet It provides mbps they couldn t give me because of wiring problems in our neighbourhood which is a pretty decent speed I ve done multiple internet tests with Bell and free online ones They all confirmed what i believe my internet is Please disconnects is fast Internet randomly. but help!! fast BUT at random moments my connection seems to go to mbps for like a second Internet is fast but disconnects randomly. Please help!! but this can prove to be disruptive while watching movies on-line gaming MSN and etc It would cause the movie to freeze and force it to rebuffer it would disconnect me from on-line games and it would sign me off MSN This problem can happen once every mins or once every hours It is very random I ve called Bell numerous times but they have failed to discover the problem Can you guys be of any assistance I m not sure Internet is fast but disconnects randomly. Please help!! what kind of files to post up to give you guys more info Please ask if you need any Internet is fast but disconnects randomly. Please help!! specfic info Thanks Btw i bought a router and laptop recently which i ve been told might weaken my internet BUT i had this problem before i got a router and new computer However it mite be worth looking into the router for issues nbsp

A:Internet is fast but disconnects randomly. Please help!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Let`s check to make sure your system isn`t infected with anything nasty.

Go and read this thread HERE. Post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread and I`ll take a look and advise.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-is-fast-but-disconnects-randomly-please-help.56828/
Relevancy 55.04%

So, basically I'm posting for my GF who is all the way in Colorado.
---------------
Win7 Pro.
Randomly Disconnects from internet.
Not the router.

Is anything out of the ordinary with this ipconfig?

A:Win7 randomly disconnects from Internet

Well everything is disconnected here anyway so I can't see what could potentially be the problem if there was something wrong it would be the ipv4 address. Try adding a static ip address to make sure there are no ip conflicts on the network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263321-win7-randomly-disconnects-internet.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks now I'm running Windows and my laptop disconnects from the Internet every couple of hours but in the wireless network connection's window it says that I'm connected and a little yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark appears on the signal strength icon In order to re-connect I have to right click my connection and hit disconnect then click my connection and connect again There are other laptops connected to my home network and none of them face this problem so i don't think it's a router isp problem sometimes a little red x would appear on the signal strength icon and my network adapter would disappear from the device manager and the only way to fix that is to shut the computer off and start it again then the red x icon would disappear and i'd be able to connect for a couple of hours again until the little yellow triangle appears again i've unchecked the save power box in the driver properties but still doesn't help also all drivers are up to date any help would be much appreciated thanks from disconnects Laptop Internet randomly

A:Laptop disconnects from Internet randomly

Quote: Originally Posted by killadragon

Hi,

I've been having this problem for the last couple of weeks now. I'm running Windows 7 and my laptop disconnects from the Internet every couple of hours but in the wireless network connection's window it says that I'm connected and a little yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark appears on the signal strength icon. In order to re-connect I have to right click my connection and hit disconnect, then click my connection and connect again. There are 3 other laptops connected to my home network and none of them face this problem so i don't think it's a router/isp problem.

sometimes a little red x would appear on the signal strength icon and my network adapter would disappear from the device manager and the only way to fix that is to shut the computer off and start it again, then the red x icon would disappear and i'd be able to connect for a couple of hours again until the little yellow triangle appears again, i've unchecked the save power box in the driver properties but still doesn't help, also all drivers are up to date.

any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Are you by chance using "homegroup" and are the other machines older OS'es?

win 7 uses IPv6 in homegroup. That really is only meant to be used with win 7 machine and not older machines or routers. they are meant to run workgroup and use IPv4.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128255-laptop-disconnects-internet-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS running Windows -bit I just upgraded from Windows hoping that would solve my issue but it did not I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related right My problem is that my ethernet connection via the USB gigabit adapter randomly disconnects The only way to re-establish the connection is to reboot When Ethernet 3.0 disconnects connection USB on randomly I reboot it takes about minutes before my login screen appears and I can get back to work I have worked with Dell Premium support and they have not been able to find the cause I have updated all my drivers multiple times I have tried adapters with different chip sets and the issue remains I have tried disconnecting my USB Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects devices and only use the ethernet adapter and the issue remains I have tried disabling suspecting plug-ins and add-ins and can't find anything that resolves the issue I have tried using the event log to trace what may be happening and can't find anything useful I'm not totally clear on what to look for however Can anyone offer some guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue more effectively

A:Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

Have you changed the Ethernet cable and/or used a different Jack/Port to the switch or router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44374-ethernet-connection-usb-3-0-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hey, i am using a toshiba laptop, the important specs below, i guess, and the problem i am having is the internet connection randomly gives out. It actually seems to hold out longer, the more I am continuously going through internet pages or using it in some way, and if I don't do anything, it'll disconnect within a few minutes. It won't disconnect from the network, just the internet. To reconnect I have to either turn the Wi-fi off, then back on or disconnect and reconnect from the computer.

The weird part is that is this problem does not occur when i connect to other wireless network, only at home. Also, the four other computers that use the same internet do not experience this problem either. The router that I use is a Westell 327W.

Relevancy 55.04%

So, I installed Windows 8.1 x64 from the Windows Store yesterday and now my QB-35US3 Hard-drives keep randomly disconnecting and connecting again. I had no problems before the upgrade. The bay is connected via USB 3.0.

Any ideas? I attached the SF Tool files.

A:QB-35US3 randomly disconnects after a Win 8 to 8.1 upgrade

Same issue here on AM3 motherboard with a seagate USB 3.0 drive

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33259-qb-35us3-randomly-disconnects-after-win-8-8-1-upgrade.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I'm new to this forum so first of all. Hello!

I have a problem with my Microsoft keyboard (Model: wireless optical desktop 1000) on Windows 7 x32, the receiver seems to disconnect every few minutes, it is not a battery problem, the receiver disconnects and not the keyboard/mouse separately.
Even tough I've tried changing batteries, I've tried switching to another USB port, the receiver is not connected through a hub, there is not interference around, I've tried installing and updating the software to the latest version (IntelliPoint, IntelliType).
Be sure the problem has nothing to the with the set itself, I've been working on Windows Vista so far and the keyboard set has worked flawlessly, I have a dual boot with Vista, and it is still working flawlessly (under Vista).

Thanks a LOT in advance!
(BTW: the system specs on my profile is a completely different machine than the one with the keyboard set problem)

A:Microsoft Keyboard Disconnects randomly on Win 7

Welcome!

Sure sounds like a driver issue to me.

Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode for Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72481-microsoft-keyboard-disconnects-randomly-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone,

For about a month now, my pc randomly disconnects from the wi-fi network (my home network) I was connected to, mostly (actually almost exclusively) when I am on Youtube watching videos. Sometimes it happens after 10 min, sometimes after 2h. I can't reconnect to any available wi-fi network in range, and can only regain connection and internet after restarting my pc. Other devices connected to the network don't have any problems.

Network adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter
Drivers are up-to-date.
No AVG installed.
Restarting the network adapter doesn't help.
Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Spybot, AdwCleaner all return clean scans.

Can anyone please help me?
All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69237-pc-randomly-disconnects-when-youtube-cant-reconnect.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Sometimes my Internet Explorer will randomly disconnect from the internet. Sometimes it will disconnect when I have left the computer for 10 minutes. Sometimes it will disconnect right in the middle of surfing the internet. It is only Internet Explorer because my anti-virus and my stand alone download manager will continue to be connected.

I have Windows 7 Pro and Internet Explorer9. I've had this problem before when I was on Windows XP and it only happens when I have had DSL (didn't happen when I had cable internet).

Is there a setting I am missing?

A:Internet Explorer randomly disconnects

Have you tried a Ie reset? also perform a flushdns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182074-internet-explorer-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey I have a Zyxel D A and it runs very well most of the time I m currently setup with a modem gt router gt wifi cable makes no matter same issue If I use the cable straight from the modem into my PC there are absolutely no issues Working perfectly Alright so to my issue If I play any games on my PC PS I will suddenly lose my connection for a second or two Not long enough for me to disconnect from the game But rather what should have occured during that time will just fly by in a me a seconds randomly disconnects for few Router split second This happens maybe - times per hour I haven t changed much more than the password in the router Router randomly disconnects me for a few seconds since i bought it about months ago Should add that I have a fiber connection from Telia and I drop like - mbit s from using the router compared to going straight from the modem My laptop is a Router randomly disconnects me for a few seconds MSI GT DXR bought months ago My modem is a XG I haven t had the option of trying my laptop elsewhere but several friends has had the same issue as me from my router when we ve had lans Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

ok, i have a cable modem from comcast, and i contacted them about this, but they call it "power surges". i dont believe this is a power surge because it happens every day. so, my qestion is, is my computer? my friends never have "power surges". help i dont know what to do!

A:Cable Modem Disconnects Randomly

Hello ashton_r,

Do you have anti surge power sockets? They should be able to stop surges.

Can you describe in more detail what happens when it drops out?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163118/cable-modem-disconnects-randomly/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I live in a student house, where there are 6 of us all with computers/laptops, when we first had our internet set up by Virgin it worked fine disconnecting maybe once every few days, this has steadily become worse. Now the internet can disconnect every few minutes both on and off the wire. We have tried running an Ethernet cable directly from the router to my laptop in which case the internet has been very fast without a single problem. The only way I am aware of to get the internet working again is to unplug the power cable however even this sometimes does not do any good, its like it has a mind of its own. We have reset and installed the latest firmware on the router numerous times with still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Relevancy 55.04%

My internet will work fine for a while, then disconnect. I unplug the connection to the router (Lynksys SRX 200), then plug it back it. And it works fine after it resets. What information do I need to provide to get help for this one?

Relevancy 55.04%

I ve had this problem for months but it was only every hour or two so it was fairly tolerable It would start working as soon as I disconnected reconnected I usually used a button on my laptop At the moment my laptop doesn t stay connected for more than a minute it seems There might be some physical damage from a long time ago but I m not sure This laptop also crashes a lot so there might be some corrupted stuff or something Wifi periodically disconnects I looked for updated drivers but going through device manager says it s up to date and checking the acer website says that the network drivers are included in and so doesn t have them available for download Here s ipconfig all logs Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ippikiryu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -E - - D-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Wifi disconnects periodically Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May- - PM Lease Expires May- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - -C - A-A - D- -AC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -B - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May- - PM Lease Expires May- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - -C - A-A - D- -AC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap BBD F AE- - E -A AD-D AB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap domain invalid Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b f b f Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd bb aa f f f Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bb aa f f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnects-periodically.1053425/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an old laptop years that I use as a workstation and nbsp WiFi of my laptop dell Inspiron keeps disconnecting frequently I tried many forums and solutions but still this problem is not resolved solution i tried nbsp Posted byDELL-Nikhil D on nbsp Apr PM Verified Answer Verified by nbsp rajeevlochan moderate Hi rajeevlochan Please try the below mentioned steps Click ldquo Start rdquo type ldquo Power options rdquo and then click ldquo Settings rdquo on the right hand side Click ldquo Power options rdquo from the search results On the Select a power plan page click Change plan settings for the plan that you want to change On the Change settings for the plan page click ldquo Change advanced power settings rdquo frequently WiFi disconnects On the ldquo Advance settings rdquo tab expand ldquo Wireless adapter settings rdquo expand ldquo Power saving mode rdquo and change the settings to ldquo Maximum Performance rdquo Click Apply and then Ok to save changes and exit Restart the computer and check for the strength of wireless networks If the above options do not work please try changing the settings WiFi disconnects frequently for wireless card in Device manager Please follow the below mentioned steps Click ldquo start rdquo Type ldquo Device Manager rdquo in the search box Select ldquo Device Manager ldquo in the list Double click ldquo Network Adapters rdquo Right click the wireless card Select ldquo Properties rdquo and set quot Transmit Power quot to maximum and quot Roaming Aggressiveness quot to lowest setting Restart the computer to save changes and check the wireless signal strength Please post the results this did not work for me please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19979959
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a bufflo router whr-G300N that i bought atleast 2 yrs ago maybe longer. it was working fine until i had a dns error a couple of weeks ago. I dont have that error anymore but now im geting disconted from my ps3,3ds an other systems how can i fix this problem. also how can i get the WEP setting back right now im on the WPA-PSK setting which is not working to well. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-connection-disconnects.1006821/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there, I've just purchased a gaming PC, which I wish to play online games with. However, despite connecting to the internet, the PC disconnects randomly after a few minutes at most - the signal strength goes to zero. Then, even without doing anything, it reconnects and goes to being good signal again, after a minute or so. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help!

P.S. I have several other computers and games consoles connected to the same wifi and I have never had any similar problems with those.

A:Wifi Disconnects Every Few Minutes

I perhaps should add that I am using a TP-Link Network Adapter (USB) to connect to wifi, as my PC came with no network card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-disconnects-every-few-minutes-701015.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there, this is my first question on TSF and I hope this will be solved soon by the awesome experts :)

So, I own a TP-link Usb WiFi adapter (TL-WN321G) and I want to use my win 7 as a virtual WiFi. I've tried Connectify, Virtual router etc. And even TP- link's utility for a virtual hotspot on my win 7.

In all these, WiFi connects, I can browse on my phone but after sometime the connection drops, WiFi disconnects and then connects again, making the WiFi useless.

I then tested virtual WiFi on my old win xp, using Tp- link's utility and its working flawlessly. I tested with all security types (WPA, WPA2, WEP) and also tested encryptions (Tkip, aes) as I can change these in tp-link's utility program in win xp unlike in win 7.

I'm facing problem only in my win 7.

Any help please?

A:Virtual WiFi disconnects after sometime

I see your Adapter shows as discontinued, it just may not be fully compatible with Win7. Have you contacted TP-Link support?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/virtual-wifi-disconnects-after-sometime-656558.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop has suddenly developed a problem. It will randomly disconnect from the stable wifi connection I have. I have observed the router when this happens and it is not the router as the signal is always there. It will disconnect and then about a minute later auto reconnect. A week ago I came back to my laptop and it wanted me to choose if LOV53 ( my wifi connect name) was a home or public connection. I didn't understand why it asked this again but I choose home. Another thing that has changed, My network use to say connected to LOV53 now it says LOV53 2. Maybee the channel changed I dont know. If anyone can figure out why this has happened and help me repair it I will worship you. I have all my drivers up to date also ... Thnk YOu in Advance for the halp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm using a Hawking High-Game Wireless-G USB Dish Adapter to use the WiFi from my router.
The internet works fine with web browsing and downloading, yet when I try to play a game, it seems to just disconnect on me after playing for a few minutes.
I've tried this with a few games now, and just bought Guild Wars for my brother, but it's logging me out, telling me I lost connection with the server.
Is there a reason for this to happen in all the online games I play?

A:WiFi Disconnects During Games

Could be the router, the adapter, or the drivers.

I'd start by upgrading the drivers for the adapter to the latest available. Next, I'd upgrade the firmware on the router to the latest available and also reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnects-during-games.785435/
Relevancy 55.04%

I need some serious help. I wasn't to use my computer again, but here's the issue. I'm using a Dell Inspiron One 2020 all in one PC, a computer strong enough to run League of Legends at 60fps, but that's about it. Considering the title, I'm sure you can guess my issue. Windows 10 has a horrible time keeping me on my WiFi. I know I should be using ether net, but I don't have that luxury quite yet. Downgrading to windows 8.1 or lower isn't an option because of the amount of stuff I have, and I don't want to lose it all. Even with a recovery option, Microsoft has screwed me over, so I'm not taking the chance.

Here are my specs in case it helps

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020T @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

RAM: 4.00GB (3.89 usable)

System Type: 64-Bit OS, x64 based processor

Pen and Touch: Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

Please help...

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65404-windows-10-wifi-disconnects.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My sister has a laptop with windows 8 installed (up to date with all the latest Windows and drivers), a Cisco E4200 router, and Comcast cable.
Using the laptop the WiFi frequently loses connection. Going to Control Panel will allow you to select the network and reconnect each time. This happens much too often and she says has become a real pain. I installed a wireless printer yesterday for her and witnessed the problem first hand, twice within about 30 minutes. I downloaded and installed a firmware update to 1.0.0.5 for the router. I also ran a speedtest and the speed test shows 30mbps/5mbps which is exactly where it should be for her Comcast connection.
Is there anything that I should be looking for in the router specs/setup? Something to alter or change? I'm guessing that the problem is likely the router or it's setup.

Relevancy 55.04%

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
Troubleshooting But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi carddisabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about hereEverything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

A:Wifi continuously disconnects

Windows 10 Forums - Search Results
Many are having issues. The above link contains previous discussions.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38603-wifi-continuously-disconnects.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have been having trouble with the WiFi connection on my laptop for quite a while now. It used to be that it would simply disconnect from wifi for now apparent reason, but I changed a few settings and now that seems to be resolved for the most part. I have a new problem though. The wifi tends to disconnect for just a couple of seconds occasionally, and then fix itself. It wouldn't be a problem, but the interupt is usually enough to kill my Skype calls (which I do a lot of) or any VPN connections I am on (which I also do a lot of). I have never been sure if it is just my college's network or not. It seems to mostly happen while I am here, but yet I don't know of anyone else who has this kind of trouble with the network. Any idea what would cause a momentary interuption in wifi? Thanks!

A:Wifi disconnects momentarily

I would need for you to do the following. Open a command window, and without the quotes, enter the following "netsh wlan show all". It will show A/P strength, driver info of your wlan adapter.

Now if it is at a college, it could just be that there is not enough coverage, along with the A/P's are too saturated, so people are getting kicked off.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/42205-wifi-disconnects-momentarily.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My friend's Win 7 laptop seems to drop the wifi connection when it goes to sleep, although she also says it sometimes drops it even if it has not slept. She is able to fix the issue by disconnecting from the wifi network, and reconnecting.

She bought an external USB wifi adapter, disabled the old one, but it did not fix the problem.

I went into Device Manager and the wifi adapter was not set to sleep to conserve power.

I also went into Power Options and set it to High Performance (still sleeping after an hour) and it is still the same.

She thinks, but is not sure, that the issue may have started when she got a new router/modem from Comcast. But other Win 7 computers in the house have no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Wifi disconnects after sleep

If she has to disconnect and reconnect are you sure that she's disconnected?Is it signal icon with yellow triangle with exclamation mark?Limited access?

Also,
Try updating/downgrading driver.
Maybe in driver adapter settings it's set to sleep and it overrides Windows settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387391-wifi-disconnects-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys I have had a recent problem with a new xfinity router I just got where my Inspiron computer running Windows is connected to the router but says no internet access This happens often when I am browsing the web or watching a video but not so much when I am not using the internet Wifi Disconnects Random The problem fixes itself usually in Random Wifi Disconnects about minute or so or I can disconnect and reconnect to the router to fix it I also have a problem where my laptop disconnects from the router every time I shut the case I open the laptop again and a little popup shows up in the bottom left saying that no network adapter can be found and the network thing on the task bar says no network connections can be found This goes away after maybe seconds or so but the laptop does not connect to the wifi again until i tell it to Neither of these seem to happen on other devices connected to the router Thanks for all comments nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone I am new to Tech Support Guy and I have a few problems with my computer that have turned into some real bothersome headaches So first off I have a Windows computer HP - cb Here is a look at it online with some of its features and specs http brandnewdealsusa com -HP- edium Product Search amp utm campaign google base Now the first problem that I have been having for awhile is that it randomly disconnects and reconnects to and from the internet My computer requires an ethernet cord and it is never unplugged I have tried different ethernet cords and blown out the ethernet ports on both the computer and the modem and I cannot identify the problem It is not the modem as my brother plays our PlayStation online with an ethernet cord and he never gets disconnected So I figured its a problem with the computer but I don t know how to fix it Audio Disconnects and Internet Randomly Choppy The other problem I have had is that recently when I watch videos or listen to sounds the audio gets choppy and distorted and the whole computer slows down The most that has ever happened while I was on the computer Internet Randomly Disconnects and Choppy Audio was that sometimes I would watch videos online and the video would freeze but the sound would keep playing without a problem The sound itself has never been distorted before until this problem Please help me Thank you for your time and if you need any more information don t Internet Randomly Disconnects and Choppy Audio hesitate to ask nbsp

A:Internet Randomly Disconnects and Choppy Audio

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

I suggest that you install (beginning with the chipset) all the drivers from the PC manufacturer's web site. Then get all the Windows updates and then get the free upgrade (from the Store App) to 8.1. Then get all the Windows 8.1 updates and again install the latest drivers from the PC manufacturer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-disconnects-and-choppy-audio.1131137/
Relevancy 54.61%

hey i just bought a new HP dv laptop but im having trouble connecting to the internet i have a dlink d router and i think limited randomly access me disconnects, then gives Wireless its working fine because my sister has a toshiba laptop with XP and it connects fine I have vista bit it Wireless randomly disconnects, then gives me limited access connects my home network then randomly it gives me quot limited access quot or local only i have to put my laptop to sleep and wake it up so that it connects again for a little while if i try to disconnect and connect after i get limited access all the networks disappear and i have to restart to find the networks i realized that when i get the limited access the wireless touch button that supposdly disables enables the adapter doesnt turn off orange anymore and i have to disable enable from the network connections is it a problem with my router or is there soemthing wrong with my laptop plz its drivign me crazy i updated all the drivers and everything nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I've been having a problem for a while where my Wireless will randomly cut out then connect again to the network I have set up for my home. The router is in the computer room and from my room I get anywhere from an "Excellent" to "Very good" signal strength, which doesn't explain its random disconnecting. Any reasons why/ways to correct this?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello people I have a problem like the topic might have suggested I've tried three mice Logitech G Razer Deathadder and a random Logitech wireless but the problem remains I haven't found any coincidents when i run a specific program or game Sometimes it goes a day or two without incident and sometimes multiple times a day I have run several Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Avast scans but 8.1 and Windows Mouse disconnects reconnects randomly they did not find anything I have also ran a quot sfc scannow quot and the quot DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth quot to fix those problems but that did not help with Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly Windows 8.1 the mouse disconnecting problem I have tried the current drivers for every mouse tried without drivers and tried to uninstall all drivers all let Windows install them itself I'm currently out of suggestions and would Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly Windows 8.1 like help with the matter Regards Mattias My specs Windows Pro -bit System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire G BIOS InsydeH O Version V Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz CPUs GHz DirectX Version DirectX Graphics GeForce GT M Driverversion Card name Intel R HD Graphics Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Family

A:Mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly Windows 8.1

Install this latest Intel INF chipset package:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...d=inf&lang=eng

Sounds like interference to me. See what you might have near the mice that could be interfering with its radio signal.

Check the batteries you're using. Try new ones if unsure of current state.

Try installing this for your USB 3.0 port:

EVGA X58 FTW3 USB 3.0 Driver 2.1.19.0 - Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64bit Download

Try a 2.0 port if you have one.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40184-mouse-disconnects-reconnects-randomly-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Greets,
I have the xbox 360 PC controller (USB). Upon receiving last Xmas worked fine until my last reformat. Since then every time I run a game to use the controller it plays for a round maybe 1.5 rounds per game then the controller bails, basically shuts down / disconnects. Windows says unknown usb devise detected. It takes 2x or so reconnecting the controller sometimes a reboot to start the cycle over again.

I went a bunch of pages back on this forum and followed a somewhat simular issue. downloaded drivers from the MS site as well as Win Update even used basic CD install. Same issue all the way through however the last attempt following this thread here ( Installing Xbox 360 Wired Controller ) activated the controller for nearly 45 mins straight then bailed as usual.

So I was looking for advice or anyone else whom might have run into this issue.

Im on:
Windows Vista x64 2 gigs ram ATI radeon XT2600HD AMD +5600 2.8.

A:Xbox 360 PC USB CONTROLLER ISSUE - Disconnects Randomly

there maybe something using up your usb power and its obviously hitting a peak, when you get the error, can you click on it and bring up the usb power options and screenshot that for me? or you can alternatively right click your computer icon and go to properties, on the left there should be an option for device manager, click that and continue the uac prompt, go to the bottom of that list and expand the usb controller and right click an empty hub and go to properties. screenshot the power tab, it should look like this:

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/226819-xbox-360-pc-usb-controller-issue-disconnects-randomly.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all, lately I have been having terrible trouble with my modem. I use Comcast cable internet, and about every 30 minutes my modem will disconnect for a few minutes and then come back online. I've run AVG and NoLop but they come out clean. I haven't changed any cables or disconnected them at all. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it, It's a huge problem for me and if anyone needs any more information I'll provide it. Thanks

A:Modem randomly disconnects, then comes back online

describe ALL network hardware installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-randomly-disconnects-then-comes-back-online.95603/
Relevancy 54.61%

I hope this is a place where i am suppose to post this.

But I have been battling my ISP for 2 years now and just needed a second thought from an outside source. Sometimes randomly my computer will disconnect from the internet for like 3 seconds and reconnect. This give my computer enough time to display the "No Internet" yellow triangle aswell kick me off of any active logged in website.

I have replaced cables, the ISP as came out and replaced my modem and even installed a new cable line into my apartment. But it still happens. I can be just sitting at my desktop reading emails and it happens.

The ISP says it is my computer but I don't think it is because every other device on the network loses internet aswell. The best part is the ISP can't see it on their end.

I just wanted to see if i could pick some peoples brains.

Vaughn

A:Computer Randomly Disconnects From The Internet For A Few Seconds.

Have you tried to start up in safe mode with networking or a clean boot? It's about the only way to track down these strange 3 second disconnection problems.

If the problem goes away in safe mode you can be sure the problem is caused by something installed on the system which can be fixed by process of elimination.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Safe Mode with Networking - Add to Windows Boot Manager Screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308679-computer-randomly-disconnects-internet-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently got a new ISP and a new router and i have been having issues with it randomly disconnecting not letting me use the internet everyday around noon. My ISP is Cirra. My router is linksys WRT110

Relevancy 54.61%

Model hp laptop dv - nr Network Adapter Atheros ar Problem Starting and all Internet disconnects networks disappear. randomly a few months ago my internet will randomly stop working for no reason I will be online and everything will be totally fine and then out of nowhere it will shut off When I try to re-connect and I click on quot connect to a wireless network quot and there aren t any They all have disappeared and nothing shows up My router my neighbors routers everything is gone The network adapter will still be on The button on the laptop is quot on quot I know the router is working fine because my other computer right next to me is connected fine The only way to fix the problem and get networks to show up again is to shut off the laptop and restart Most of the time that will fix the issue and all the networks will show up again and I can connect again but there have been occasions where i had to restart - Internet randomly disconnects and all networks disappear. times before it worked again I have tried disabling and re-enabling the network adapter My driver is up to date I am not part of a domain Im no expert Internet randomly disconnects and all networks disappear. obviously but if I were to guess I would say its a Internet randomly disconnects and all networks disappear. problem with my network adapter since every other device in the house is fine Would it matter if i change the wireless Ghz channel from quot auto quot to a specific channel As i am writing this right now I do have a connection and here are some stats I will post the same results again once i lose connection so we can compare Windows IP Configuration Host Name Russell-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D-B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday February AM Lease Expires Sunday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - E- - - - D-B - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC-E - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd d f fe Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ABDAB -FBB - B - C - EBD A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes DEFAULT GATEWAY PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL General failure Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms GOOGLE PING Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL General failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

Well for a short while now my internet has been disconnecting at random for only very short bursts of time I ve contacted my ISP about this and they claim it s a user-end problem so no help there Now after looking around I noticed that my uploading bandwidth far exceeds my downloading bandwidth Say MB downloaded and GB uploaded I have not been running any file sharing programs or anything of the like The only uploading I ve been doing is FTP ing some tiny html files to my website Not quite a GB hah So this is why I m suspecting an infection of sorts I d have posted on networking problems otherwise I am not on a wireless network I have tried several browsers IE Firefox Chrome to make sure it s not browser related I also ran Ad-Aware and Spybot but they didn t help Thanks for any help you might be able to lend Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows included Hijack Disconnects: log Randomly Internet XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C WINDOWS System PackethSvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents CA LIC LogWatNT exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c apache APACHE EXE C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe c apache APACHE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Internet Randomly Disconnects: Hijack log included WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger Msmsgs exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Internet Randomly Disconnects: Hijack log included Files MagicDisc Internet Randomly Disconnects: Hijack log included MagicDisc exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Documents and Settings Jos Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Jos Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Jos Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-disconnects-hijack-log-included.841943/
Relevancy 54.61%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 54.61%

Guys I'm about to throw a brick at my PC Honestly if this problem is unsolvable I invite you all to my house to smash this thing up because it is honestly the most annoying problem I have Solution... Only Randomly Internet Restart Disconnects, ever had that seems to be without a solution I know that people seem to be asking this question literally times a day but I haven't been able to have this fixed and this has been happening for years and it has got to stop I need specific answers and I haven't able to find any even with massive Google searches and spending hours upon hours looking for solutions So far I have found If you guys solve this or if this ever gets solved I will congratulate you all and nominate you for a noble prize The Problem My internet keeps cutting out frequently and randomly and Internet Randomly Disconnects, Restart Only Solution... seems to cut out upon certain actions or opening certain programs The only solution for this is to restart my computer - The iTunes web-store is Internet Randomly Disconnects, Restart Only Solution... a guarantee that the internet cuts out instantly - YouTube is a chance that after minutes it will cut out - in general the internet cuts out after minutes when opening a certain page No the problem is not related - To my actual internet connection Works of the time on other computers - To my Router Works flawlessly on other computers - To my Modem Works flawlessly again Computer Specks P Computer Windows Vista Home Premium bit Service Pack HP a n Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GB RAM Network Adapter Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB adapter Port Hub Driver Version Up to date Router Apple Airport Express More Specs Here Modem Tenda D R ADSL More Specs Here Internet Connection Bell Mbps Down Mbps Up Ping ms Question Is there a solution What is the solution Cheers and Thanks - Erik

A:Internet Randomly Disconnects, Restart Only Solution...

Hello. try dumping the DNS cache and re-attempt making your connection : DNS Resolver Cache

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294430-internet-randomly-disconnects-restart-only-solution.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys,

My university has wireless in the dorms, which is great but it randomly disconnects me from the network. I don't have such problems on any of my mobile devices, so I'm convinced there's a Windows tweak that could help with this problem. Does anybody have any ideas?

A:Frequent disconnects from university wifi

Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling Wireless adapter will fix, have you tried that? Or upgrading it's drivers? Also, perhaps your wireless adapter is failing, or a setting is wrong? Do you have access to a USB based wireless adapter to test this theory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185847-frequent-disconnects-university-wifi.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Every time i plug anything into a USB on my computer it will disconnect from my WiFi for 30 second to a minute, also my mouse will sometimes freeze until i disconnect and reconnect it, which causes me to trigger this issue. The mouse i am using is the Razer Naga Epic. my wireless adapter is ASUS PCE-AC68 PCI Express Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Adapter, and i am using windows 7 64 bit. not sure if any other info is needed.