Windows Support Forum

Specific network settings based on wifi network

Q: Specific network settings based on wifi network

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Specific network settings based on wifi network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi everyone First and foremost I would like to congratulate you on this helpful forum My problem is the following I'm trying to connect my laptop to the Internet using my desktop computer Acer Internet connection My Acer is connected to the internet through a USB quot stick quot normal with no WiFi capabilities I also connected a WiFi Linksys router in order to create a wireless network with the laptop The router has an entry to a phoneline and while having an ADSL connection not so long ago it served me just fine with the same purpose Right now I don't have ADSL unfortunately so the routher cannot connect directly to the Internet So what I am trying to do is have my Acer Internet service quot transmitted quot to the laptop through the WiFi router Can it be done I tried everything I could think of but to no avail I can see the desktop computer in my network when working with the laptop but the Internet is not accessible I understand I have separate USB on a Wifi connection network based connections the USB Internet and the Wifi network based on a USB connection Wifi router I just don't seem to be able to integrate both Both computers have Win Enterprise Bit installed on them Thanks for your help Guy

A:Wifi network based on a USB connection

May I ask, what is this USB "Stick" that allows you to connect to the internet? Is it a USB wireless NIC or a mobile modem with a SIM card inside it?

As for the router I doubt it would work since home routers are designed for ADSL connections only and unless you have a managed router at which you can enter commands into you most likely won't get it to work as a wireless repeater as such.

Does the desktop have a wireless card inside it? There can be software out there in which it can turn your desktop into a wireless router and share its internet connection.

If not then it could be possible to share the connection over an ethernet connection however it is limited to one device at any one time. To do so you will need a crossover cable

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298866-wifi-network-based-usb-connection.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I do a lot of wifi hotspot testing over Teamviewer. When the hotspot doesn't work I lose the Teamviewer connection. Is there any way to make Windows connect to a specific network after about 60 seconds or so?

If I can choose the specific wifi network to make Windows to connect to after a set amount of time my life would be much easier!

A:[Q] Make Windows Connect to Specific Wifi Network After 60 seconds?

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

So, there are two or more Wi-Fi SSIDs that you are authorized to connect to in the remote location?

Others in the forum might have a better way to do this, but I would use AutoIt in a ping loop - if the ping fails - then double check - if ping still fails, use netsh to create a connection. Or use the info here or here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273998-q-make-windows-connect-specific-wifi-network-after-60-seconds.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone I don't usually go the quot beg for help on an unknown forum quot route but I'm clearly out between computers WiFi 2 specific file home sharing on LAN network of my depth on this issue and hours of furious Googling and tweaking have not helped me one bit What I'm trying to do is trying to setup file sharing between computers connected by an LAN file sharing between 2 specific computers on home WiFi network ethernet cable So far so good except those computers are ALSO part of a Wifi network to connect to the internet through a wireless router There are other computers on this network other roommates that must NOT have access to anything shared on either on those computers I've tried fiddling with homegroups but the only homegroups we can create are on the WiFi network If I set the LAN connection to anything else but public by setting PC as a default gateway I can't get access to the internet anymore How on earth can I set that up properly if that's even possible EDIT my brain is so close to imploding that I forgot basic curtesy- Of course thank you in advance for your help

A:LAN file sharing between 2 specific computers on home WiFi network

Quote: Originally Posted by aljady

Hello everyone!

I don't usually go the "beg for help on an unknown forum" route but I'm clearly out of my depth on this issue and hours of furious Googling and tweaking have not helped me one bit.

What I'm trying to do is trying to setup file sharing between 2 computers connected by an ethernet cable.
So far so good, except those 2 computers are ALSO part of a Wifi network to connect to the internet through a wireless router. There are other computers on this network (other roommates) that must NOT have access to anything shared on either on those 2 computers.

I've tried fiddling with homegroups but the only homegroups we can create are on the WiFi network. If I set the LAN connection to anything else but public by setting PC2 as a default gateway, I can't get access to the internet anymore.

How on earth can I set that up properly, if that's even possible?

EDIT: my brain is so close to imploding that I forgot basic curtesy-

Of course, thank you in advance for your help.

Sounds to me like you are using ICS to create a secondary wired connection for the second machine.

You need to use the LAN ports on the router or a switch rather than sharing a connection using ICS "internet connection sharing". Homegroups won't work with ICS.

Once you are connected to the router with a regular LAN connection with both machines, you should have no problems setting up a Homegroup between those two machines.

Once the Homegroup is set up it will lock the other machines out of your shared C:>Users folders on both of the Homegroup machines. You will be able to share exclusively between those two machines while the other wireless machines will have no access unless you give it to them by adding Everyone to the shared with list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279372-lan-file-sharing-between-2-specific-computers-home-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I've been connecting to my home network with no problem until 2 days ago. My home network suddenly disappeared from available networks, and my laptop won't detect it no matter what I try. My laptop sees other wifis at home and can connect, but not that specific network. I'm using my neighbor's wifi right now!!
My phone and other laptops see the home network and connect with no problem,so it's not the modem. I have updated wifi driver, disabled/enabled it, turn it on/off in bios.. didn't work.. No problem with office network during the day, but won't detect the home network..
Please, any suggestions? Need internet at home.

A:XPS13 wont detect a specific wifi network, no problem with others

Open a command prompt with administrative privileges, and type
netsh winsock reset catalog
Reboot the system and try connecting again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994267
Relevancy 84.28%

So I am attempting to connect to the wifi network at my girlfriends place which I have done fine previously but my laptop Network works devices. but with other find specific Cant Wifi fine cant find it at all I have tried restrarting my laptop installing new drivers for the atheros wireless adaptor resetting the router but it still wont show up It connects fine to other older and newer devices and works fine when connected via ethernet Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices. cable but it is hardly practical to sit on top of the router all day My laptop detects other networks fine such as those of the neighbors and connects to my Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices. own home network fine I have also tried deleting the saved network and manually connecting to the network while also checking the box about connecting even if the network is not broadcasting its SSID Still nothing I also checked power management settings and made sure it the network adaptor was using max performance power settings Previously when I set up their router it was broadcasting on a single channel between and cant remember exactly which and I have no reason to believe they have changed it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corp Base Board Product Name Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Xirrus screenshot attached nbsp

A:Cant find specific Wifi Network but works fine with other devices.

connect by ethernet and have a look at the name and channel- it could be using channel 12 or 13 which is allowed outside the US but your PC is using channels 1-11 if US based setting

look at the SSID name and if indeed set to broadcast

I have seen that issue a few times - although xirrus usually shows the channel

all those signals are very low

whats the name of the wireless signal at your girlfriends
and where is that xirrus screen shot from - your girlfriends ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-specific-wifi-network-but-works-fine-with-other-devices.1103734/
Relevancy 79.98%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi All In my restaurant we currently have a password protected wifi network for customers and staff The load is typically light so it s worked fine Now we re putting in a new cloud-based point of sales system which effectively means that 2nd or WiFi Dedicated settings? network, change QoS I need a totally uninterrupted high quality wireless signal running to the POS terminal in this case an iPad If the terminal is sharing that connection with customers Facebooking on their iPhones I imagine we ll have some signal issues I d rather not install a second network dedicated to the POS terminal Are there any other possible solutions i e a way to give priority to the terminal over other connections A way to quot split quot the existing network Dedicated 2nd WiFi network, or change QoS settings? so only a portion of it is available to customers FYI current network speed is mbs mbs and the POS terminal requires a minimum of mbs Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have Isaac nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Looking to use wifi connection previously through modem option not available in network settings how do I get started the computer is quite old but indicates that wifi can be used

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/wifi-option-not-coming-up-in-network-settings/712.html
Relevancy 79.98%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,

due to the fact that we are a small business firm and don't have a server OS I'd like to create a network drive folder tree for Lawyers, Secretaries etc. with different access rights and so on.

On our Storage-Workstation I'm able to deny access or free access to folders completely, but if I wanna allow access only for special users, I don't succeed.

I can specify groups and users in Computer management - Local users and groups, but I can't include the computers of our workgroup, I don't see them, only the workstation pc name is given. Can somebody help me?

A:Client-based network for small business with network-drives (without using AD)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/client-based-network-for-small-business-with-network-drives-without-using-ad.792760/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I take the surface to a different port and plug it in it works, if I get a different surface and plug it in to the port I am working with it works. Its only when the surface I am working with is plugged into that specific port, that it doesn't work. I need this surface plugged into this port, I can't plug it in anywhere else.
I have tried updating drivers, changing the dock, and also plugging in a USB to Ethernet adapter to bypass the dock. Nothing has worked. I also can't just get a different Surface because I don't have another surface with Win 10 on it. I need to have this Surface connected to this port but it will not work.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32246-surface-pro-3-will-not-connect-network-specific-network-port.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Guys,

Just joined this site thinking i will get an answer to my long burning question.

I have two network connections. one WIFI and the other is through my phone nokia E63. (NPCIA) connection. I need this Nokia connection to assign to a particular program. and for all other purpose i need wifi to be used.

phone is slow connection so i need this particular program to access only through that. wifi is fast so i can use for downloads etc..

is there any way i can do this?? or even a third party software which can do this??

I am using windows 7. x32

A:if have multiple network. Assign a program to a specific network

I don't understand why you won't just use the WiFi connection for everything.

What you're asking for is a router/layer 3 switch which can do policy based routing (PBR).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-have-multiple-network-assign-a-program-to-a-specific-network.1104225/
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently moved in with my aunt and I had this same problem last laptop when specific Specific network streaming drops on connection summer when I visited Now that I live here its a much bigger issue my laptop which connects fine to all other wireless networks has trouble on this one It can browse the web all day but the second a large file begins to transfer video a file download etc it will drop Specific laptop drops connection when streaming on specific network the connection randomly usually rather quickly The computer does not need to be restarted to reconnect it often reconnects on its own near-immediately though sometimes I have to go to the system tray and reconnect manually I thought it was too far from the router but my tower in the same room connects flawlessly and going in to the same room as the router doesn t help This same laptop Specific laptop drops connection when streaming on specific network has been fine on every other network and every other computer is fine on this network I ve web crawled off and on about this for months but no one s problem is limited to one computer network combination If the solution is in a setting on this laptop that would be awesome - the network is used for my aunts business and I m really hesitant about changing any settings and Specific laptop drops connection when streaming on specific network since it works for all other devices theoretically the router settings should be something I can adapt this device to as well crossing my fingers thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 72.24%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 71.81%

After reinstalling OS, I was fiddling around to change the name of the user folder until I accidentally added network path from folder sharing option as you can see from the screenshot below:
Is there a way to remove such path or make that space "not shared" like before?

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

A:How do I remove network path? (network file and folder settings)

Click on the Advanced Sharing button and then un-check the Share This Folder link and it will remove the share.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322581-how-do-i-remove-network-path-network-file-folder-settings.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 71.38%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 70.09%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 70.09%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello.
I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one "dhcp-less" network and makes establishing a connection much slower.

I was hoping to find a network manager (built in - or third party) similar to what android or linux have, where settings are saved per network.

anyone knows of a solution?

A:change network settings per network

Windows IP Freeware NetSetMan: Network Settings Manager (LAN WiFi)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45182-change-network-settings-per-network.html
Relevancy 66.65%

NT 4 based network not seeing 9x stations or HP jetdirect equiped printers. Only sees NT stations on Hood. 9x's see and print to all!
Thanks

A:NT based network not seeing 9x stations

Greetings

Is it an NT4 DOMAIN? If so, are the Win95 machines actually logging onto the domain?

What protocols do you have on the network? Do you have just one, or do you have a few? Are all the protocol settings the same?

If you are using TCP/IP, can the nt machines ping the Win95 machines? if they type in \\{Win95 machine name} at the run command, does a window come up with all the shared folders on the Win95 machine?

Is File and print sharing enabled on all the win95 machines?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-based-network-not-seeing-9x-stations.29179/
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer was working and all of a sudden I can not longer connect to my network and when I see all available networks mine says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"   How can I change the settings on the computer so that they match the requirements of the network?  I can access other networks and get online like that, but my network, even the local one, is busted.  Please help!

A:"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"

Hi Lori,

This issue usually occurs on wireless network connections. I suggest that you turn off any security feature of wireless. Please click Start->Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right click on the wireless adapter and select Properties. From there choose Wireless Networks, click on your wireless network name and choose properties. Under Network Authentication choose Open to turn off the wireless security. Please try to connect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you delete the connection, and recreate the wireless network connections. The following website may help you on creating the wireless connection.

http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-setup-a-wireless-connection

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Is the issue resolved?

If the issue persists, I suggest that you reinstall the wireless adapter driver, and re-create the connection again.

Remove the adapter driver========================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter.2. Expand "Network Adapters", double-click on the entry of the wireless network device.3. Click the tab "Driver", click "Uninstall".4. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter. 5. Remove the entries related to the wireless network adapter.

Then reinstall the driver with your driver CD. After installing, re-create the connection. 

If the issue is not resolve by the above suggestions, please let me know if other computers can connect to this wireless network.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0e8cb69-89cb-43c4-b873-c613bb16a983/quotthe-settings-saved-on-this-computer-for-the-network-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all,

Each time you connect (with a Win 7 pc) to a new network, your pc will ask you which profile to activate: Domain, Home or Public.
I do understand this profiles.
But, which are the characteristics/parameters Windows is using? Is it based only on the IP address, or MAC, or gateway, or....
I was just imaging: I connect to a router at home with a standard private IP address. And I move to my neighbor, with the same brand of router and the same standard IP address. What will happen? Security???
Does anybody know what the parameters are?
Kind regards!

A:On which parameters is the network profile based?

Hi all,

I finally found some more information. Reading this website Longhorn Network Location Awareness Service it seams that the NLA is responsible. Based on a lot of features (delivered by NLA),the systems decides whether or not it's connected to the same connection or not.
So for my example (in my question) it seems to be based on the Default Gateways MAC address...

Thanks for reading this post!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143467-parameters-network-profile-based.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Dear All I work in a network monitoring based Ping Private bank and manage an inventory of almost devices not regular Desktops or network devices but banking automation products like Queue management systems Cheque Deposit Machines Kiosks etc These devices are built upon a regular intel x based platforms I want to know if there is any simple IIS based web based or thin client utility which will provide me with a single screen dashboard of how many devices are up or down at any given time using nothing more than a simple ping command Also this utility has to be web based since the banks s security policy does not allow me to install any s w on the PC and free because I would like to see whether this concept works before venturing into procurement Ping based network monitoring So to summarize my basic requirements are An IIS Web based utility Should be able to ping a list may be from a CSV file or from a text file of devices No client agent can be installed on the devices Display the status a simple red green indicator would suffice Should not strain the network I know this is too much to ask from a free utility but if there is then it would really help me a lot Any help will be highly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Ping based network monitoring

Since this is a corporate environment, I usually defer to commerical products...which means you have to pay. If you have problems, you can have tech support which is practically non-existent with free software. A software package I've used and has been around a long time is called WhatsUpGold from Ipswitch. You can download a trial version to see if it works for you.

If you have to go free, Nagios is a NMS package which has a strong following. But you are your own tech support. And I'm not sure if things have changed much since I last touched it in version 1, but there is a steep setup curve. You better be good at scripting. Plus I don't think it has native SNMP Trap support.

Both packages have a web interface to monitor your network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-based-network-monitoring.892453/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

I have been looking for an application that has the following properties,

-running processes
and per each process
-cpu usage
-network usage
-protocol that is been used(if any)
-bandwith
-executable name and path that the process has been started from

any body using something similar to this??

Thanks

A:process based network activity monitor

Maybe this will help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/process-based-network-activity-monitor.426686/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I ve got an odd problem I live in the sticks and as the only internet technologies available are dial-up and cellular both of which require a form of Internet Connection Sharing to get to the multiple computers in my home currently -two desktop rigs a server a port for my notebook and my test bench spot I m currently using dial-up My network topology is kind of odd At one time I had dial-up Rigs on Certain Network ICS-Based Work Doesn't router but it died and I had to hack something together So right now my internet connection comes into Desktop Windows Pro via dial-up modem It is then shared and routed through an old -port Mbit switch to get it to my rig Windows Vista Business Fedora the server and the other two lines I want to ICS-Based Network Doesn't Work on Certain Rigs move the source to the server and share it from there since it is always-on Here is the problem the network lines don t seem to work on certain machines In its current form it works fine on my machine in both operating systems My dualboot notebook Windows Vista Home Premium Fedora doesn t work nor does the server or the computer currently sitting my test bench When I say doesn t work I mean that the network isn t seen at all The lights don t light up on the switch or the various nics and the network definitly isn t being seen by the OSes I ve tried switching cables and ports and it doesn t seem to affect anything at all Any ideas P S Yes I even entertained the theory that all three nics are bad but they work at other locations nbsp

A:ICS-Based Network Doesn't Work on Certain Rigs

For a given switch port to ethernet cable to NIC in a computer, the absence of lights means the switch port, the cable or the NIC is bad. You already knew this, probably better than I, but did you really test rigorously? For example, connect the notebook to the port and cable now being used by "my computer."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-based-network-doesnt-work-on-certain-rigs.624981/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 64.93%

How can I share a folder to a specific pc on a network instead of sharing it to anyone that's inside the same network? I'm on windows 7 64 ultimate and the other pc is using xp 32. Is this possible?

A:Sharing to specific PC on a network?

Quote: Originally Posted by curbb

How can I share a folder to a specific pc on a network instead of sharing it to anyone that's inside the same network? I'm on windows 7 64 ultimate and the other pc is using xp 32. Is this possible?

Sure it is possible and relatively easy if it is a home network. Is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157131-sharing-specific-pc-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

We have 4 tills operating under Windows 7- all 4 are connected to a wired network and we have a backup 3 3G hotspot which we use incase of connection outages.

One of the computers has recently had to have the operating system reinstalled, and ever since, it has been unable to find the backup hotspot. It can see other wireless networks, and even other hotspots, but not the backup for some unknown reason. The other 3 tills can see it fine.

I have looked into everything I can think of- even reinstalled the wireless adapter drivers- no luck. What confuses me most is that it worked prior to the OS reinstallation- which rules out a lot of diagnostic conclusions- but this also opens a fair few up- but I don't have a clue where to start with it.

Any advice or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys,
Sean

A:Computer can't see a specific network

Is your hotspot set to broadcast its SSID?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/364411-computer-cant-see-specific-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

With my netbook Acer Aspire One I have previously connected to both home and work wireless networks with no problems however the work network no longer appears in the 'available connections' list I get a variety of available connections Specific Network Cannot See Wireless from the local area more than any other computer but not the specific router I am looking for amp sat next to I can still connect at home no problems with the netbook i e the wireless adaptor is functional and with my laptop I have no problems at work nor do any of my colleagues - so the router is functioning correctly I have tried - restarting both netbook amp router - checked the router is set to mixed b amp g signal type - checked the wireless connections list for duplicate entries and tried deleting the saved previous entry for the work network - using a system restore point from when I could connect to the network No new software antivirus firewall etc have been installed since it has been working as I got all that up and running at home prior to taking it in Cannot See Specific Wireless Network to work Laptop has Win Home Premium amp netbook Win starter I would really appreciate any suggestions as I cannot work out where the problem lies as everything appears to be working correctly except for this specific situation As it is a relatively new machine I am considering formatting and starting again but would like to avoid the hassle if its an easy fix

A:Cannot See Specific Wireless Network

Hi,

I have a user with this same issue - he's got a brand new Dell laptop that is able to detect all nearby wireless networks except one. And of course this is the one he needs to access. Other users are able to connect to this network so it is clearly broadcasting (plus I've confirmed this on the WAP control panel). I've tried updating the drivers, rebooting, running Windows and Dell updates, and adding the network manually (at which time it appears under Manage Wireless Networks but he still can't connect to it). Does anyone have a fix for this?

-jjballard75

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115042-cannot-see-specific-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I was able to connect to my wifi network.  But now I can't even see the network via wifi.  I can see other networks and connect to them. I can connect via hardwire.  Other PCs/phone can connect to the network via wifi.  Prior to this happing everything was working great.  However just prior to it not connecting the connect would periodically drop.  I have reset the adaptor.  I have disabled the auto disconnect to save on battery settings. (They were disabled prior to this happening.)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-a-specific-network/td-p/5751192
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

If you have a free PC lying around, then you can put it to use protecting your network. See what the Lite version (free) gives you:

http://www.untangle.com/Solutions/Package-Comparison-Matrix

You do need 2 network cards in that PC, but network cards are $10 nowadays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-network-based-protection-untangle-lite.996510/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am a firm believer in the Media Center program and have been using it everyday for three years in my family room I would like to extend the media capabilities around the house My house is fully wired with two cat E and two coax to all the rooms All wires are homerunned to a central rack I have one other XP computer that I have networked home Edition network Media based Center MS but it is not very practical for entertainment purposes I am aware of some media center extenders on the market Do I need one for each location Are there limits to the MS Media Center Edition based home network number of users at one time Does anyone have recommendations on equipment or configurations of a network to best utilize the Media Centers capabilities I may be dreaming but I would love to find a wireless MS Media Center Edition based home network monitor w remote - quot and I am nervous about touch screen that I can access my Media Center media while the Media Center is being used by someone else nbsp

A:MS Media Center Edition based home network

You should try poking around at www.thegreenbutton. You might find some good info there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-media-center-edition-based-home-network.503362/
Relevancy 64.5%

All internet based programs don't work. I tried to find a solution and there seems to be a very subtle virus that is keeping me from connecting to the internet, even though my computer says I'm connected to the wifi.

A:Connected to the network but internet based programs won't work

You started similar topic here: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...un-online-programs-including-browsers.209642/ but you never continued.
Any valid reason?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-the-network-but-internet-based-programs-wont-work.213875/
Relevancy 64.5%

This has been bugging me for a while it pops up whenever I start the computer. I don't know to much about how to do things so please have some patients with me. If you can help me than I might just love you forever.

A:Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\ Network Service\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ hrcopul.dll

Have you run any scans for infections? I Googled hrcopul.dll, and everything that I found points to a infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201901/error-loading-cdocuments-and-settings-network-service-local-settings-application-data-hrcopuldll/
Relevancy 64.07%

Anyone have any idea how I could configure my system to use network adapter #1 for only a specific IP or network, and network adapter 2 for everything else?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193150-use-different-network-adapter-specific-ip-addresses.html
Relevancy 64.07%

In Win XP is there a I application Can force network XP? an in use to specific a way to force an application to use a specific connection while everything else uses a different connection Here s what I d like to be able to do I connect from home to work via Verizon Broadband and Nortel VPN to access a secure LAN with Can I force an application to use a specific network in XP? shared drives and services including intranet applications This is already in place and working fine The work LAN firewall is configured to block all Internet browsing attempts for all devices connected via VPN not necessarily for security reasons but rather to conserve bandwidth The VPN switch and firewall share Can I force an application to use a specific network in XP? the same router and broadband connection so incoming Internet requests from home through the VPN would go back out of the firewall effectively doubling the required bandwidth for each request This configuration renders embedded Internet links in email and various documents almost useless There are two choices at present to affect a workaround One is to drop the VPN connection when Internet browsing is required browse to the Internet and then reestablish the VPN connection after the Internet browsing is complete This is cumbersome and inefficient at best but it does work The second is to configure the VPN client to use split tunneling This works too but puts additional load on the Verizon Broadband connection between home and office already the slowest link in the path Also this option meets with resistance from our network folks for reasons I won t go into here What I d like to be able to do is use a second network connection from home either wired or wireless for Internet browsing while simultaneously maintaining my VPN connection to work Somehow and that s the real question I would need to be able to tell XP to direct all Internet but not intranet browser requests to the second network Then I would be able to perform downloads and other time consuming functions on one network without impacting what I m doing on the other Is this even possible within XP nbsp

A:Can I force an application to use a specific network in XP?

The whole point of the VPN is to insure a secure channel into the remote computer. You drill a hole a truck could drive through if you actually allow Internet connections while the VPN is connected!

The ability to have multiple connections is normally configured by the VPN host, and I suspect your company would take a really dim view of you compromising their network for your convenience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-force-an-application-to-use-a-specific-network-in-xp.795712/
Relevancy 64.07%

To give you a little background I've had this happening since September I've worked with Comcast a lot with cables fixing noise different modems different routers and multiple different cat cables Today I bought a new network card to by pass my on board Still happens Comcast was here today with another modem and their laptop while it was dropping connections and packets on my computer it wasn't on their laptop We swapped places and on the modem cable I was on having issues they weren't having them at all So I can only assume to narrow it down to my computer To Issues Specific My Only Computer Network only I've done malware reg and spyware scans already Ran Malwarebytes Super Anti Spyware and Combofix I seem to have a lot of missing files within my HijackThis and also unknown Winsock LSP dll's I tried fixing and it would just kill my connection I had to Network Issues Specific To My Computer Only run Winsockfix to get it back Also ran LSPfix and it found nothing wrong code auto Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Mod edit removed HJT log as not permitted in this section boopmeSo I'm finally concluding that I might have to do a fresh install of Windows This is a brand new computer I built back in July of Here are my computer specs if needed as well CPU - Intel Core i K GHz Socket LGA Liquid Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H iPSU - OCZ Silencer Mk III Series WMobo - ASUS Z -A Socket LGA ATXGPU - EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX SSD - Samsung Series GBOS - Windows x UltimateRAM - G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR

A:Network Issues Specific To My Computer Only

Before doing a fresh install please perform the following:Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525608/network-issues-specific-to-my-computer-only/
Relevancy 64.07%

A few days ago my norton ran out of its trial so i uninstalled it through the control panel i then downloaded avast and installed that i did this at my mums place Connect a specific network. Cannot to wireless the wireless is fine there i then went to my uncles place and noticed the wireless wasnt working and he told me to insall Nod so i uninstalled avast and installed Nod i thought avast was stopping me from connecting but that didnt Cannot Connect to a specific wireless network. solve the wireless problem He then Cannot Connect to a specific wireless network. told me to download the norton removal tools to completly remove it because that might have been causing the issue but that still didnt work So to sum it Cannot Connect to a specific wireless network. up my laptop can connect to the wireless at my mums fine but when i go to my uncles it just doesnt want to connect but it will connect with a cable Ive tried restarting the router turning it of leaving it for a few mins then turning it back on ive installed the new updates disabled my network adapter tried to troubleshoot the problem but still nothing Help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Cannot Connect to a specific wireless network.

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you try removing the info for the connection at your uncle's and starting fresh?
open the Network and Sharing Center
select Manage wireless networks
right click on the one for your uncle's WAP
select Remove network
restart the computer
attempt to reconnect to your uncle's WAP

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268742-cannot-connect-specific-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I am being encouraged to seek out answers and fix my computing problems myself so here goes I used to be able to connect to the network in my network to a connecting Problems specific shared house with no problem via the wireless but at some point it just dropped off and was doing so intermittently then it refused to connect point blank The router is in the room next door Problems connecting to a specific network to mine and the computer can see it is there with 'reception' but it cannot Problems connecting to a specific network connect to it It works fine via the ethernet cable that I have but not wirelessly In addition to this I can connect to an unsecured network wirelessly that occassionally becomes available which has less reception than the one I am trying to access I don't understand why I can connect to one but not the other I have not been able to connect wirelessly to this network for months now and whilst the ethernet is working fine using it defies the point of having a laptop and wanting to move it around I have tried installing me software for the specific driver which is an Atheros AR EG adapter but this hasn't worked I am at a loss as to what to do now Please respond in as much of a layperson manner as possible because to my embarrassment much tech talk goes over my head

A:Problems connecting to a specific network

Originally Posted by rhikay1

Hi,

I am being encouraged to seek out answers and fix my computing problems myself so here goes:

I used to be able to connect to the network in my shared house with no problem via the wireless but at some point it just dropped off and was doing so intermittently, then it refused to connect point blank. The router is in the room next door to mine and the computer can see it is there with 100% 'reception' but it cannot connect to it. It works fine via the ethernet cable that I have but not wirelessly. In addition to this I can connect to an unsecured network wirelessly that occassionally becomes available which has less reception than the one I am trying to access. I don't understand why I can connect to one but not the other. I have not been able to connect wirelessly to this network for months now, and whilst the ethernet is working fine using it defies the point of having a laptop and wanting to move it around.

I have tried installing me software for the specific driver which is an Atheros AR5007EG adapter but this hasn't worked. I am at a loss as to what to do now.

Please respond in as much of a layperson manner as possible because to my embarrassment much tech talk goes over my head.

Hello rhikay,

Welcome to the forum

This sounds like a frequency problem which is normally quite easy to sort out.
I need to know more about your router make, model,

Do you have a hand book for the router?

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/219015-problems-connecting-specific-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Im using Windows 7 Ultimate.
Well i have 4 pc's in my home group (All have windows 7 ultimate). All are connected to each other under Home Groups. I wanted to share a folder but to only one pc.

i.e.

- Total PC's: PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4

- All are connected through Home Group (home group was created on pc1)

- I want to share a specific folder between PC1 and PC2 so that PC3 and PC4 wont be able to see/access it.

Please provide me with instruction on how to do that. I hope my question is clear.

Thanks.

A:How to share with specific PC on network in HomeGroup

This is not the only way but it is fairly simple.

1) On PC1 create a folder that is part of the HomeGroup area or that HomeGroup has access to.
2) Edit the permissions to only allow User1 on PC1 and User2 on PC2 to have access to the folder.

The other machines will see the folder but will not have access because they are not in the permissions group.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/63116-how-share-specific-pc-network-homegroup.html
Relevancy 64.07%

How do I get OneDrive to access a specific network only and ignore other networks? The reason I ask this is because sometimes I use an unsecured public network and I dont want my files to be uploaded through it where others can access them.

A:How Do I Enable OneDrive for a Specific Network?

Set your firewall to not allow file & printer sharing when connected to Public/Unsafe networks. The only way someone would gain access to your OneDrive Cloud storage space, is if you gave them the username & password for it, so they can get in at https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65282-how-do-i-enable-onedrive-specific-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi.

I'm having problem with my Dell Laptop's wi-fi connection
Currently, I cannot connect to my apartment's public wi-fi. It requires a login page but when I tried to connect to it as new connection, I did not get the 'Set Wifi to' Home/Work/Public screen and it does not register in my 'Manage Wireless Connection.' It keeps on showing Unidentified Network, No Internet Access

The wi-fi is working perfectly on my other devices. I did try uninstall/install driver and other solutions I found on the net, but none working.

Please help. Thanks

A:Win 7 cannot connect to specific wi-fi, unidentified network

First try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run CMD as Admin and enter: netsh winsock reset
then https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Finally Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373899-win-7-cannot-connect-specific-wi-fi-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Forum,
I want to share my one computer's internet connection with another connection.
In Win 8 Laptop, when i try to share the Wifi internet that i get - on the share tab under the "Allow other networks to share this connection" I see a drop down menu to select a particular network - to which I want to share the internet.
On my work PC however, which is connected to a internet via LAN through a domain network - I do not see any drop down menu, to share my net connection to a particular other network.
Anything I can do to get such a drop down menu, or Win 7 Enterprise does not support such a feature ?
Thanks !

A:Sharing LAN internet to a specific other network

Do you have a wireless router or are you wanting your laptop to act as the bridge between Internet access and your other devices?

If the former, try working through these instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...ection-sharing

Windows 7 Enterprise does support ICS.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341536-sharing-lan-internet-specific-other-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My HP Stream 11 laptop will not connect to specific networks. One day out of the blue, it just refused to connect to my main home wifi network, but would connect to every other wifi network. It isn't a problem with the network itself because it works fine on every single other device in the house. I have run diagnostics to no success and it says the drivers for my wireless adapter are up to date. I even performed a factory reset and erased all my data, still no success. Keep in mind this computer connects fine to other wifi networks but not my home one...what could be the problem here, and what are the steps to fix it? Thank you.

A:HP Stream 11 won't connect to specific network

Hi, the Stream 11 only supports 2.4 GHz Wifi so make sure that your home router supports that.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Stream-11-won-t-connect-to-specific-network/td-p/5608684
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I have Four PCs, one is my home Desktop (HOME-PC) and Others are THREE laptops with different names connected to one wifi netowkr.
I often share folders from my HOME-PC so that other users can access them, but I can only share a folder with 'Everyone' but How do I share a folder in such a way, that only LAPTOP1 can access it?

A:How to share folders with Specific PCs on network.

This is what the Homegroup is for.

In this case you would want to create a Homegroup on the laptop1 or the Home-PC, don't allow the other machines to join this Homegroup and don't give them the password. At this point the two Homegroup machines will have full access to all shared folders on each others machines and will also have access to all shared folders on the Workgroup machines. But the Workgroup machines won't have access to any shared folders on either of the Homegroup machines.

The Homegroup creates Private Domain within the Workgroup.

Now lets assume that you want one of the workgroup machines to have access to a folder on one of the Homegroup machines.

You only need to add "Everyone" to the shared with list using the Homegroup style sharing settings in order to share that folder with the workgroup. The picture below makes this more clear. For this you would right click on a Library folder, choose "Share with" then "specific people" then use the Add button to add Everyone to the list, add read/write permissions as required.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37834-how-share-folders-specific-pcs-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,
Is there any way to he IE proxy settings apply via gpo when users are on the LAN and to be disabled when the laptop users are remote.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as most of the laptop users need to manually change the proxy settings for getting connected to internet.
Regards,
Kumar G

A:Automatic Disable of Proxy setting based on network connection.

Hi,

Based my research, this may not be accomplished with Group Policy. 
Best Regards,
Kim Zhou
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cc98689-279e-4495-a079-0481187bdd23/automatic-disable-of-proxy-setting-based-on-network-connection?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 63.64%

I cannot connect to certain wireless networks.

- I can connect for example to wifi at my University or a public network such as The Cloud and even BT Open zone, all of these direct you to a page to logon - these work fine.
- I cannot connect to any other network, even if it is an Open network.
- I have endlessly searched Google and tried everything suggested on forums like this - however they were other peoples problems - this is the first time I have made a post.
- I have eventually caved and restored my laptop to Factory settings. The problem persists.

I have attached screen shots showing the exact problem and error messages.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Connecting via cable works fine - I am using that method now.

A:Cannot connect to Wifi network - "Identifying Network"

Shaun, firstly: welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest downloading Revo uninstaller: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and using it to remove your wireless driver and all bits of it. This is because the built in uninstaller doesn't often remove everything. Now go online (you mentioned connecting via LAN line works alright) and find your wireless adapter driver for your computer (should be on the manufacturer's website). Install it, enter the network password, and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205060-cannot-connect-wifi-network-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48973-multiple-ethernet-network-adapter-network-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have many computers into my network. I share my movies folder with the whole network but i would like to give write permission only to my HTPC (permission to create and delete files)

Where can i find a tutorial explaining me how to do that ? Or could someone just post me the steps to do it ?

thanks

A:write permission for a specific network computer

anarchoi, are these machines which require special sharing both Windows 7 machines?

Per machine permissions aren't really possible although there may be a way to accomplish what you want using the Homegroup permission settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288153-write-permission-specific-network-computer.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Okay i have a desktop and a laptop desktop user alex password password laptop user alex password password On the laptop i now want to share a folder with the desktop but only for the desktop not for the whole homegroup nor the whole network They are both in in with users/computers the sharing specific network the same homegroup as well as some other computers As the accounts are the same I added the user 'alex' in the advanced sharing-options with full control But it ditn't work so I googled and also added full control for the user alex in the security options But if I want to acces the folder from the desktop I still get quot no permissions quot I resp the user alex have has sharing with specific users/computers in the network admin-rights on both machines Did I miss something I noticed that in the advanced settings of both sharing and security I can always just choose the sharing with specific users/computers in the network local machine as a quot location quot got this something to do with my problem

A:sharing with specific users/computers in the network

*bump*

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/151718-sharing-specific-users-computers-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a home office network with a main PC Vista and a laptop XP specific Limiting to access a computer network which share files and an internet connection via a Netgear WGR v router All worked well until my eldest son bought himself a laptop with Windows I wanted to give him access to the internet via the wireless Limiting specific computer access to a network network - but not to be able to read or file share with files on the main PC or the XP laptop I tried renaming Limiting specific computer access to a network the Workgroup on the main PC and XP laptop - but Limiting specific computer access to a network his Windows laptop still seems to be able to access the shared files on both of the other computers I have since tried using the 'Deny access to this computer from the network' on the main PC but I get an error when I try to add his laptop name to the list and the database won't update How do I still allow him to continue with his internet access but prevent him accessing the business files whether by accident or intentional curiosity on bit the Vista PC and XP laptop while still allowing normal sharing bewteen the Vista PC and XP laptop

A:Limiting specific computer access to a network

Go to Network and Sharing Center on the Vista machine. There, enable password-protected sharing. Now, you will require the administrator username and its password to access any folder on that PC. I am not sure about Windows XP, but try the Properties on the shared folder(s) on that laptop. There surely must be something.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274683-limiting-specific-computer-access-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys, I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have an office and in my test group I have two windows xp machines and two windows 7. I also have two printers on the network that have IP's of .99 and .116.

The two XP machines will print to both without any problems. However, both Windows 7 machines will only print to the .116 printer, even when told specifically to print to the .99. I'm lost as to where to even begin troubleshooting this problem. Any suggestions?

A:Problem printing to specific network printer

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

If your Windows 7 machine is part of a Homegroup it can only share with other Win 7 computers in the Homegroup.

Check this WSF thread for the solution to your problem. XP to 7 Printer sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/163936-problem-printing-specific-network-printer.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have 2 servers that I want to connect together using a cross-over cable. Both servers have multiple NIC's and both are connected to my internal network. One is Win200x and one is Red Hat.

The network bottlenecks down to 100Meg while my NIC's are 1 gig. I need to automate the transferring of several large files (400 - 600 gis) for backup purposes. Doing this at a gig goes a lot quicker than 100Meg plus tying my my network throughput.

My win server has a drive space mounted on my Linux box (via Samba mount). How do I force communication to this share via my cross-over cable instead of the network?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directing-communication-to-a-specific-network-card.636230/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I am an administrator on about 500 vista workstations, I need to scan them looking for "\\pcname\c$\Program Files\google"

can u help!
Thanks

A:need to scan workstations in the network looking for specific path

i have used this for network auditing it may do the job you want
Network vulnerability scanner, security scanner and port scanner

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/278633-need-scan-workstations-network-looking-specific-path.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all I have a Media PC using Win Media portal withan Asus P P motherboard This is connected to a small network that has aDLINK DNS as network storage I am running a class C network X The Asus M B has NIC s to dropping IP network specific connectivity addresses The second NIC was disabled and on thefirst NIC I noted that the PC could no long connect to the DNS I tried allthe normal stuff but could not even ping the box Swapping the NIC to the second NIC on the M Bfixed the issue days ago I noted that the PC could no long access the netthrough the gateway Like the DNS on the first NIC I could notping the gateway I tried the first NIC again and it still has the problem withthe DNS My initial thoughts was a virus as a DoS I have scanned using AVG AVG boot disk and Kasp boot CD but no virus s was found I have turned thefirewall on and off but no difference Have checked a network rules but noneexist Remember this was all working and that as a media PC its not normallyused with a mouse but remote control I have performed a netsh winsock reset have tried both dynamic and static address I have also disabled ipv Whilenot a complete expert I am not without knowledge I have tried another port onthe switcher but still nothing Has anyone had this issue and does anyone know of a registry entry that I can check to see if something has blocked these IP address for the NIC Regards dropping network connectivity to specific IP addresses Paul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropping-network-connectivity-to-specific-ip-addresses.1075049/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a application to AGAIN!? Connection... an specific Forcing Network laptop on my desk just for testing external access issues to our sites I'd rather not I know it's been asked I think I've read over posts on it with no clear and simple solution On my windows x station I have a hard wired LAN Network Connection and a USB wireless network conection If both are up IE uses the wired Lan connection If I disable that LAN Forcing an application to specific Network Connection... AGAIN!? connection IE uses the wireless Great but What Forcing an application to specific Network Connection... AGAIN!? If I want to have both up Reading emails and and accessing other intranet resources normally but surfing via the wireless Or even better surfing from a specific browser or instance of a browser through the wireless Connection and all others using activity through the wired Lan connection I'd like to do this without a Proxy or a VM I understand Forcing an application to specific Network Connection... AGAIN!? there is a product called ForceBindIP that sounded very promising but it does not support Windows yet Is there maybe a firewall setting to route port and traffic to a specific Lan connetion How about tweaking setting of the wired lan connection so that it fails to find DNS servers or anything on the outside I'm somewhat surprised this is not a setting somewhere already I see great value having this Thanks

A:Forcing an application to specific Network Connection... AGAIN!?

Cisco has a software that can do this but I'm not familor with it and don't know much about it,you might even need a Cisco router to use the software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114379-forcing-application-specific-network-connection-again.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Very weird issue I cannot figure out. My laptop can connect to the network, the internet, and all other mapped drives/servers. For some reason my laptop will not connect to 1 specific server. I've tried by server name, IP address, I can ping it...everyone around can connect to this server. I've removed and added myself back on to the network...it's driving me crazy. Any ideas?

Thx in advance for any suggestions.

Relevancy 63.64%

Alright I'm having an incredibly strange issue with the website The Escapist And it's been going on for the past month or specific not my network!? site Videos from on working so Simply put when I'm at home on my own home network None of the videos work Instead of playing the video I've actually chosen to play they play this ancient advert for the site itself featuring very old Videos from specific site not working on my network!? content creators that haven't even been on the site in years It doesn't Videos from specific site not working on my network!? matter what browser or device I attempt to watch them on if I'm using my home network the videos refuse to load I've narrowed the problem specifically to my home network as I just attempted to watch a video on a separate network and it worked just fine I have attempted to contact both the site's staff and the users on the user forums to try and remedy the issue but I was flat-out ignored on both counts I don't know if the problem is actually causing my posts and emails to not even work or if they just have terrible customer support Does anybody know what the hell is happening Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/videos-from-specific-site-not-working-on-my-network-1164545.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi i have recently bought a Wireless USB adapter.

I have done all the necessary works such as installing driver and others.
the device is also working.

but for some reason it cant find a specific wifi network though the internal adapter can still find it and connect to it.
The wifi i am searching uses a wifi 802.11 n protocol,and my adapter supports wifi n.
i have tried reinstalling drivers,but no help.
this driving me nuts.
What can i do to find that network?
I am using Windows 10 enterprise,
Acer Aspire E5-473.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alfa-awoso36nh-cant-find-a-specific-network.1168863/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have 2 networks available with internet access, one is my land line and the other is 3G.

So is there any way to force a program to always use the same network when it connects to the internet?

My end-game is to use the networks for different specific tasks.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

A:force programs to connect through specific network?

To my knowledge it isn't possible unless third party applications are used .

When faced with multiple interfaces the machine will first use the destination IP address in order to determine which interface to use. Normally this is used so that you can access machines that are in different subnets. In terms of the interent the machine will have a default route (0.0.0.0) which means if it is faced with an IP address that isn't on its LAN (Typically an internet IP address) the machine will forward the information to the router. In multiple interface environments you may have two default routes to different routers. In your case, one to the LAN wired connection and the other on the 3G connnection. If a machine is tied between two different routes it will use the metric to determine the best path to take. Normally a wired connection will have a lower (better) metric than a 3G connection so the machine will use that interface to connect to the internet.

The only possible way that I could think that this would work would be to either change the metric of the connection that you wish to use so that it is the lowest forcing your machine to use that connection or to disable any interfaces that you don't wish to use when connecting to the internet which will then force the machine to use the only possible router that it can communicate with.

Hopefully this will help explain how a machine determines what interface to use when faced with multiple connections to the internet and maybe someone knows a third party software solution to complete such task

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302255-force-programs-connect-through-specific-network.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a second drive on my Vista desktop with several shared folders. Other computers on my network will get the error "Computername Not Available. You might not have permission to use this network resource" when trying to access it. Rebooting the Vista Machine fixes the problem but only temporarily. Sometimes for a few days, sometimes only a cpl of hours.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/224223-error-message-when-you-try-access-vista-based-network-computer-you-might.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My family has a home-based network with approximately - PC's amp devices We have Comcast Business Class cable internet amp ATT DSL as a backup I am constantly having to clean all DNS infected PC's based Extensive Network & Disconnects, Servers Japan Freezing, of the other PC's in the house for viruses and Trojans etc I have suspected that my PC was also infected however I have scanned using all the major virus scanners and I have not found a single infected file However I have experienced multiple issues with my PC including long lag times screen freeze-ups odd programs that are not being used i Extensive Freezing, Disconnects, Japan based DNS Servers & infected Network PC's e paintnet etc accessing the internet lots of strange TCP IP activity amp most recently a DNS Extensive Freezing, Disconnects, Japan based DNS Servers & infected Network PC's server linked to Japan I am running a modest Extensive Freezing, Disconnects, Japan based DNS Servers & infected Network PC's machine wi bit Win Vista quad-core w GB ram I do occasionally use a proxy server but I was not using one at the time that the Japanese DNS server was linked I would appreciate your help to ensure that my PC is not infected and is running as it should It has been awhile since I have been on the boards so please forgive me I have omitted some pertinent information Thank you in advance Nicky

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491656/extensive-freezing-disconnects-japan-based-dns-servers-infected-network-pcs/
Relevancy 62.78%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,
Recently our home network has been having unbearable ping increases that have resulted in unbelievably slow internet speeds, when teamspeak is running it says its connect with 5000ms ping, and ive narrowed it down to a specific laptop on our network

The problem im having is i am unable to pin point the exact program or service running on that laptop that is requiring such a large amount of bandwidth

Sorry in advanced if this is in the wrong category, but im running out of ideas as to what the problem could be

Both mine and the laptop are running windows 8.1 x64

The routers model is Netcomm NB604n

any and all help is greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56165-5000ms-ping-network-when-specific-laptop-connected.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I've read multiple threads over the internet but it always ends in the same story I have computers A B C all windows professional All are part of the same home group I have a memory stick called Drive F I want to share Drive F which is located on Computer C with Computer B But I don't want Computer network people: specific other Share locations Windows No with 7: A to see it I can easily share with quot EVERYONE quot and all computers see the drive and can access it When I try to change Windows 7: Share with specific people: No other network locations EVERYONE to Computer B using Advanced Sharing using the permissions button by I clicking the quot Add quot a quot group or user name quot a box comes up allowing me to select groups or users quot From this location quot which you can then try to select a computer Unfortunately I only see the computer I'm on computer A This is where I get stuck every time I can't figure out how to get Computer C to show other network locations in that box so I can pick Computer B only Ideas hugely appreciated Frank

A:Windows 7: Share with specific people: No other network locations

You can't hide the share, the best you can do is restrict access to it. I don't use homegroups, so I don't know if it allows that kind of access restriction. If you decide to use workgroups, I can help you configure your shares so only certain people can access the files/folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187154-windows-7-share-specific-people-no-other-network-locations.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using Windows XP Pro SP on both my quot Upstairs quot Computer and on my quot Downstairs quot computer The Downstairs computer has two users quot Guest quot and quot Geoff quot When I tried to access my downstairs computer from my upstairs computer it would only show quot Guest quot and that was grayed out This account did not have a password so I could not enter one It just cycled back to needing a password So I added a password to the Guest account and then was able to login There was no way to select Geoff account instead of Guest Unfortunately I ticked the box for it to remember the password Now when I go to access the downstairs computer it takes me straight into the in loging computer to on a specific Problem user network Guest account and there is no way to even start to try to Problem loging in to specific user on a network computer select the Geoff account So my two questions are How do I stop my upstairs computer from remembering the Guest account How do I set things up so I can choose which account I want to login to Any help will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Problem loging in to specific user on a network computer

On the XP PC (upstairs) Click Start | Run, type control userpasswords2 and click OK. Click the Advanced tab, then the Manage Passwords button.
You should be able to delete the saved password for Basement.

Or Control Panel | User Accounts, click your account, then click Manage my Network Passwords under Related Tasks; gets you to the same place.

If the Basement PC is not listed there, then Windows is caching the login. Fastest way to flush that is to (on the upstairs PC) log off then log on, or reboot the upstairs PC.

If it still connects with the Guest account (Check to see which account is being used by doing this on the Basement PC: Right click My Computer, click Manage. Click Shared Folders | Sessions), then on the Upstairs PC:
Close all windows
Open a Command Prompt -- Start | Run -> cmd, press enter.
Type Net Use press enter
Check the remote column for \\Basement\C Drive and \\Basement\IPC$, or anything else starting with \\Basement
If the local column has a drive letter associated with a \\Basement remote entry, type net use driveletter: /d
If the local column is blank, type Net Use \\Basement\sharename /d
Open Windows Explorer and try to connect to Basement -- you should be prompted for the Username/password, and can enter Geoff and the password.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-loging-in-to-specific-user-on-a-network-computer.753635/
Relevancy 62.78%

I want to see my own network folder on the Navigation Pane, so it will display the folder tree in the Nav Pane and not just a link to it in the Favorites jump list. Under My PC shows several links (to C drive and 3 network locations). The folder I want to link to is in one of these locations (\\server03\Home\UserName\My Documents\My Docs). How do I do add this location (My Docs) to the Nav Pane? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381357-how-do-i-add-specific-network-folder-location-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask, how am I supposed to add specific PC connected on my LAN.

see Image below.

you see, on the Properties of my hard drive > on the sharing tab > advance sharing > permission > then I want to add one. I'm stuck on entering the object name.. what I want to enter is my Other Laptop connected on my network.. by the way the hard drive I want to share is on my Desktop.

A:Hard Drive Permission to Share Specific PC on Network. Help

It's ok, you have done what needed to be done from the desktop. Close everything saved the disk properties window.

You now need to go on the laptop and in its My Computer window you need to click on "map a network drive", you select a drive letter (anyone is fine), and write the address you see in the sharing tab of the disk \\Jhude-pc\I in your casein the "folder" field. Or click on Browse and select it (writing it is faster).

In case you want to give the shared drive a more descriptive name than just "I", go in the advanced sharing tab and click on Add, write the name in the "share name", the click Ok and select that name from the drop down menu. Note how the address in the sharing tab is now different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295168-hard-drive-permission-share-specific-pc-network-help.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hi,
i have several network cards, each with its own internet access.
is there a simple way to switch between them?
currently i have to disable the "primary" one to access thru another.

A:choose specific network connection for interent access

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but if you go to your IPv4 properties you can use the alternate configuration to add different Ip's, DNS servers and so on.
You can also use the advanced tab to enter the TCP/IP info for more than one connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91930-choose-specific-network-connection-interent-access.html
Relevancy 62.78%

OS - Windows -bit originally Windows Windows installed via free upgrade Age of system years Age of OS installation months have not re-installed CPU Intel Core i - U GHz Video Card Intel HD Graphics System Manufacturer Lenovo Exact model number Lenovo IdeaPad U model name Laptop Basically I've moved into a university residence and paid for Internet access but when I plug in using the ethernet cable or try to connect to the wireless network the router is TP-Link TLWR N my computer gives me the sad face and restarts when BSOD network specific (ethernet connecting to wireless) and It can't restart successfully if I leave the ethernet cable in either The moment it crashes seems to be when it identifies the network because it'll say 'Identifying ' for a bit first and before I activated my internet it would just stay on 'Identifying ' forever I'm going to be out for a couple hours but when I come back I can add any additional details that are needed just let me know

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601754/bsod-when-connecting-to-specific-network-ethernet-and-wireless/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to share a specific folder on my Windows 8 computer with my Windows 7 computer. They are both on the same network connected to the same router. The Windows 8 computer is connected through ethernet, while the Windows 7 computer is connected wirelessly.

Here are my settings on my Windows 8 Computer:

This is the error I get on my Windows 7 computer:
What's up with this? On a related note, is it possible to share this folder with a specific PC, rather than "Everyone" on the network?

A:Problems sharing specific folder on home network...

The issue may be related to the password protected sharing option that you have enabled on the Windows 8 machine. Can you please turn it off and possible try again.

Password Protected Sharing - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

Also, can you try and access the share using it's IP address instead of the hostname to ensure that you are being directed to the right machine. For example:

\\192.168.0.30\share

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29652-problems-sharing-specific-folder-home-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Dears,

Im working in a company where our administration wants us to allow them a thing to do.
We have a network printer so we want that on only one specific computer whoever logs into that computer can have that printer installed so we ahve more then 300 staff so its not professional from us to tell eachone how to add the printer so we want to make it possible that they dont have to add it, it shpuld be added automaticly to all users how can i do that please help me im in a weird position

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-add-to-a-specific-computer-only-for-all-users-to-be-shown.1018684/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have just installed Windows 7 onto my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. My laptop now detects a number of wireless networks in the vicinity but not my own. It is not a problem with my router because other laptops can pick up the connection no problem. I have Googled this problem and see a lot on issues with Windows 7 and picking up wireless signals. But I haven't seen any threads which deal specifically with the situation where only one wireless network cannot be detected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - please bear in mind I'm not particularly tech savy!

Thanks.

A:Unable to detect specific wireless network following Windows 7 install

Do you have SSID Broardcast turned on in the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258556-unable-detect-specific-wireless-network-following-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Today my roommate apparently used my laptop without my knowledge trying to quot make my wireless network more secure quot or so he says In the process he completely destroyed said network so much for making it more secure and I ended up not being able to use it at all After a call to tech specific website to Unable access one network after wireless update support at my ISP I was able to get it up and running again I can access my email use my P P program and access every website I've tried except for one specific site When I try to access Unable to access one specific website after wireless network update that particular one I get the quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot error page and when I try to investigate further by clicking the quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot button what comes up is quot This website is not set up to establish a connection on port quot World Wide Web quot HTTP quot with this computer quot I have never seen this error message before and I was able to access this particular website with absolutely no problems right up until this afternoon when my roommate fooled with my wireless connection And as I said I can access every other website I want just not this one Could it be simply a matter of the server being busy unavailable or could there still be something screwy with my wireless network Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Unable to access one specific website after wireless network update

If you don't mind me asking. . . which website is it?

~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247463/unable-to-access-one-specific-website-after-wireless-network-update/
Relevancy 61.92%

Very strange problem that has our IT staff stumped In one particular network drive I cannot specific open folder copy Cannot network desktop a to PDFs must / from open any PDFs PPT - opens fine JPG TIFF etc Cannot open PDFs from a specific network folder / must copy to desktop - opens fine DOC - opens fine XLS Cannot open PDFs from a specific network folder / must copy to desktop - opens fine ACCDB - opens fine PDF - Acrobat Reader opens and then I get a pop-up quot Error Access denied quot To open any PDF I have to drag it from the network folder onto my desktop and open it from there I can open PDFs from any OTHER network folder it's just one specific path and subdirectories thereof where they won't open Doesn't matter which office computer I use I get the same error anywhere I have R RX W M everything but full control on the network folder Same permissions as everyone else in my office IT has Reinstalled Acrobat reader no help Disabled offline files no help because I didn't even know what that feature was for and never used it Double-checked permissions on the directory Any idea what we're missing here Thanks

A:Cannot open PDFs from a specific network folder / must copy to desktop

Check the permissions of one of the problematic PDFs - not the permissions of the folder.

If your account is a member of a group (like Office-staff) and that group has R/RX/W/M, then you could still be denied access at the file level based on your actual account. Deny permissions override access permissions.

If you cannot find the "deny" setting, request that IT copy the problematic folder structure to another server - without copying the permissions. Then have them apply the permissions. If things work on the new server, then either leave them there or delete the old share and move the files back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239675-cannot-open-pdfs-specific-network-folder-must-copy-desktop.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a device that quot needs quot to be on my network to report usage stats of various devices on the home power grid The device uses ethernet over power line or somethign similar to talk to the devices in the house then sends the information to an external webserver via the home network cat The network device traffic of Tracking/recording (isolating?) specific landlord requires this to report on these quot smart quot devices I have had hundreds of issues with - computers all have same common issues freeze ups strange graphics pixilation large pixels type display on freeze Tracking/recording (isolating?) network traffic of specific device up and other strange reboots which try to access random HD Tracking/recording (isolating?) network traffic of specific device s on boot I ve also had issues with all the routers different units home made linux routers that all have had unexplained problems I had isolated the device on it s own network on a Linux router and things seemed to be ok for a while then the router started having problem after problem so - well IDK So I want to put a computer in between the router and quot smart device quot to do packet capture or whatever is best to see if there is something strange with this device - or if problems stop when this is put in place I m wondering if a laptop can be used with a USB adapter to give an extra CAT port I can run Linux on it with no problem I ve looked at wireshark nexsus tcp dump and a few others but they seem a little daunting at first but I m wiling to learn to figure this out Can anyone give suggestions here I was thinking of installing Kali or an old BT release as I think those have the needed software to do this nbsp

A:Tracking/recording (isolating?) network traffic of specific device

I've used USB adapters just like you suggest before, and it's worked to bridge two networks.

You can do packet capture with just some sniffing software - the PC doesn't have to sit between the device and the network. That's what programs like WireShark do.

You can use something like pfSense or a linux install to firewall this device off your LAN and still give it network access. I've never heard of these problems being caused by a rogue CAT5 device, but anything is possible. Maybe try a wIfi bridge - that disconnects it electrically from your network while still allowing all the traffic to go, and they aren't much more expensive than a USB adapter anymore.

Honestly, the first step I think you should do is to just talk with your landlord and let them know it isn't working and get a replacement.

https://hardforum.com/threads/tracking-recording-isolating-network-traffic-of-specific-device.1912441/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I've been trying to find a solution online for several hours now but have had no luck at all I'll try my best to describe my situation as concisely as possible - I have multiple family members in the household along with two Win desktops and three specific for pc's Win7 access to folders shared Restricting network Win laptops All pc's are on the same workgroup with file and Restricting access to shared network folders for specific Win7 pc's folder sharing working faultlessly - we do not use Homegroups I have a large amount of important data Restricting access to shared network folders for specific Win7 pc's on my desktop that serves as a data backup for all work I do on my laptop On top of this it contains a large amount of media files that get shared to all pc's too All communication is done over the network However as the other family members are far less tech savvy shall we say than I I am growing concerned with how easy it would be for someone else to access my laptop backup work as it is all business related and do something disastrous to it I would like to have it so that my laptop is the only machine allowed to access this backup data from my desktop The rest of the shared folders on this desktop would have to remain accessible to 'everyone' As I said I've been doing a tonne of searching but found no successful solution I'm now just hoping someone can provide with a definitive solution to this Thanks for all your time

A:Restricting access to shared network folders for specific Win7 pc's

Hello,

I would restrict access to the folder using the security tab within the properties of the backup folder. Change the access so that only one user account (not the everyone group) can access the file. OR just remove the everyone group from the folder access and just set permissions for one of the existing user accounts.

When you need to access this file from your laptop simply use this login to access the folder. Does that make sence?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200876-restricting-access-shared-network-folders-specific-win7-pcs.html
Relevancy 61.92%

have sort of a general technical amp how to fix question regarding a cisco reason on computer switch specific network blocks port? switch the kind used in enterprise I think it's a level switch And it has an uplink port that goes to another switch router located wherever making up the WAN On this one particular switch router let's call it switch A from here on normally everything is fine with the computers plugged into switch A and all the computers physically plugged into switch A have a static ip address set but also having reason network switch blocks computer on specific port? default gateway and DNS servers manually set Everything has worked fine forever that way including if any system was connected and set to use dhcp on one computer plugged into swithc A i tested a usb-to-ethernet adapter the same physical port on switch A was used and instead of the network cable going into the computer motherboard network port it went into the usb-to-ethernet adapter I verified the adapter worked then removed it and put everything back the way it had been since then i have the following problem - from a remote pc on the WAN I can ssh in to any other system physically plugged into switch A except for that one computer that was tested with the usb-to-ethernet adapter My other computers will respond to ping if i set their firewall to allow it but the computer that was tested with the usb-to-ethernet adapter cannot be reached by any means from outside that switch A And i am quite positive i have nothing misconfigured on the computer causing the problem I have the other systems on that switch to reference for settings even - from a remote pc on the wan if i first connect to any other system physically connected on switch A i can then successfully ping and connect into that one system where the usb-to-ethernet adapter had been used what could cause this would cycling the power on switch A correct it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392502-reason-network-switch-blocks-computer-specific-port.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi
I've come back home on holiday from university and am having trouble with reconnecting to my home wireless network.

When I started uni, I had to change settings on my browser(Firefox) and computer to connect to the university network. The instructions for which or here if they are any help (Configure your laptop/PC :: Wireless Access at Aberdeen - DIT, University of Aberdeen click on windows7).

Currently, the wireless network I'm trying to connect to is a BTHomeHub with "shared" "WEP" settings. What do my computer settings need to be for this?

Hopefully someone can help, thanks :)

A:Unable to get "Computer network settings" to match "requirements of the Network"

Go to Start/Search and type inetcpl.cpl right click the inetcpl.cpl icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. go to /Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl right click the ncpa.cpl icon and Run As Administrator. now Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP IPV4)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD.exe icon and choose Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-computer-network-settings-to-match-requirements-of-the-network-610116.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I am looking to automatically insert rows based on specific cells in a different workbook and autofill information into the inserted row.Example:In Workbook 1 Type A B C D1 0 0 00 1 0 10 0 0 00 0 2 0 So looking at the second row that has 1 of Type B and 1 of Type D - I am referencing each row in Workbook 1 to copy the information into Workbook 2. However, I need each column to go into a separate row and then autofill other information referenced from Workbook 1.Unfortunately, this is my first attempt at any macro. I was thinking of using an if else statement to set the condition and "ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert Shift x:=xlDown" to insert the row, but I don't know how to properly reference the cells in Workbook 1 or how to specify where the newly inserted row should be placed. Is there a way to accomplish this in excel?

A:How to Insert Row based on specific cell

I'm confused by what you are trying to do.Unfortunately, this doesn't make sense to me:So looking at the second row that has 1 of Type B and 1 of Type D - I am referencing each row in Workbook 1 to copy the information into Workbook 2. However, I need each column to go into a separate row and then autofill other information referenced from Workbook 1.You mention a 1 under Type B and Type D, but that doesn't tell us what needs to go where.Please keep in mind that we can't see your workbook from where we're sitting, so you need to provide as much detail as possible so that we can help you.Perhaps an example of your input data and your output data might help.Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post data in this forum. Thanks!Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-insert-row-based-on-specific-cell/19898.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I have just updated Windows 7 in my DELL Vostro but now i cannot see any wifi network available and i have not the option in network communication devices at Control Panel.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a69d930-54d7-4f56-846b-c29bd9364abf/wifi-network-not-available?forum=w7itproinstall