Windows Support Forum

Strange WiFi Network

Q: Strange WiFi Network

I was going through some settings on my computer when I stumbled on this..

I have no idea where this is from! There are no networks near me named that??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Strange WiFi Network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Strange WiFi Network

You can use a program like this: Who Is On My WiFi | Wiress Network Security Software to see if somebody is connected to your network. If intermittent, could be somebody with a phone or laptop close by. inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot can give you much broader number of WiFi APs arround.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38110-strange-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

my wifi connects to a network by itself "linksys" even though i have my own network. i have to go disconnect it from that and then connect to my own. how do i disable this automatic thing for it and not to conenct to that network

A:wifi connects to strange network

You remove all the stored wireless profiles, then search for your own network. Finally, you set "connect only to preferred networks" in the options of the wireless client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connects-to-strange-network.727409/
Relevancy 63.21%

Dear All First post here and in need of some help Following problem has been driving me crazy for the past days and I'm no closer to an understanding resolution The following is quite an exhaustive and I hope logical description of the problem I have WiFi computers and WiFi printers - Samsung M W Laser printer and Canon Pixma MG inkjet printers computers on my WiFi network print fine to all three printers other computers one a desktop and one a laptop which are both running Windows Home Premium SP -bit cannot print to the Samsung or either of the Canon printers All computers could print to all printers last week before I replaced my wireless router I had Network/Printer WiFi Problem Strange a Netgear DGN and have replaced it with an Strange WiFi Network/Printer Problem ASUS DSL-AC U Now after this upgrade PCs can still print to all printers and cannot I have checked that all of the computers are on the same WiFi network and all have the same encryption key using WPA -PSK encryption The network configuration page from the MG says that Bonjour is enabled but the Bonjour LPR Service is disabled Is this important it seems not as of my computers can print OK I can successfully ping all of the printers from both PCs that cannot print to a printer - the printer IPs are and My router's IP is and subnet mask - so that seems to be OK I have reinstalled the printer driver for both Canon printers using the latest drivers on the Canon website Version released July on both problem machines and I still can't print to any Canon printer over WiFi I have also re-installed though what a pain that was the printer driver for the Samsung Laser printer Also once a document has been sent to a printer and stalls opening an elevated command prompt and stopping and restarting the print spooler service 'net stop spooler' 'net start spooler' also has NO effect and the document still won't print However on one of the two non-printing PCs starting and stopping the print spooler service will allow the Samsung Laser printer to print the document - but I have to do this for each document I send Just to confuse matters even further - I tried scanning a document from both Canon Printers to all WiFi computers - to see if data could be sent from the printers to the computers and both documents were received by all WiFi computers This surely points to the fact that the Canon printers are correctly connected to the WiFi network correctly and that the problem lies within both of the PCs that cannot print The Samsung printer will send a scan to the two PCs that can print to it it apparently sends a scan to a third but there is no error but I can't find the scanned document anywhere and the fourth PC it apparently can't see I am currently checking which services are running on all PCs in an attempt to see if the problem is in a service or services that is are disabled or stopped Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for reading the above and sorry for the short novel Thanks in aticipation Zaph

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380036-strange-wifi-network-printer-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a very strange dead zone in my flat where my laptop is unable to connect to any hot spot if its within this area I ll do my best to explain I have a Samsung laptop running windows and my broadband router is provided by Sky My computer and phone are both able to connect to my sky hub Strange WiFi deadzone router and access the internet with no trouble throughout most of my flat apart from this one specific place unfortunately where my desk is where my phone will still work perfectly fine but my laptop will be unable to connect to the router and loose any existing connection Strange WiFi deadzone it had When in this area the laptop can still see the router and says is has full bars of signal but attempting to connect fails with the error quot unable to connect quot I assumed something was blocking the WiFi signal so I did some testing and this is where it gets strange I moved the router into the same room and gave it direct line of sight of the laptop while it was in the dead zone Still unable to connect I moved the laptop out of this dead zone and away from the router putting as much space and walls between them as I could and it connected with high signal I then used my phone as a wireless access point for my laptop to check if the issue was with the router When the laptop is in the dead zone it will not connect to my phone either even if the phone is literally sitting on the keyboard Strange WiFi deadzone When the laptop is moved out of the dead zone it will connect to my phone with no issues I ve tried rebooting my laptop checking drivers are updated rebooting the router booting laptop in safe mode scanning for viruses etc and the behavior is still the same Has anybody here experienced this situation before nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am confused and have no idea where to start... I apologise in advance for the wall of text.

Recently I have been experiencing odd issues with my WiFi router ( at least I think its the router) ZyXel Keenetic Giga II. The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages. For example, I might be able to load google but not any of the search results while at the same time being able to browse reddit on my phone or tablet. The pattern changed constantly and it doesn't seem to affect any particular web pages. Like I said - random. This happens once or twice a week and seems to be increasing in frequency. I have tried rebooting the router. Rolling back to factory settings, changing DNS. With no result. It only resolves itself when it "feels" like it and usually lasts from 5 min to several hours. It is also worth mentioning that I hardly ever use my laptop and most of the browsing and streaming is done using various mobile devices.

Any help in defeating my router would be greatly appreciated.

A:Strange issues with WiFi router

Describe "The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages" in detail please - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issues-with-wifi-router.207497/
Relevancy 46.44%

I had a Beetel BXi router you wouldn t know of this brand it s India only and everything was fine with it This week the ISP guys came and changed the modem to the different model Beetel TC They say it s problem with Strange modem. new Wifi an upgrade But now I m having a strange problem It works fine on my desktop ethernet and my laptop through Strange new problem with Wifi modem. WiFi But my NOT on my phone I m sure it s not my Phone s issue because I ve tried connecting to other networks and it works successful Still I ve tried putting new different versions of the ROM on my phone but nothing works Everything was fine before the router change I have no idea what the problem is I complained to the ISP but they insist it s the phone s problem So I ve tried all this Resetting the router to factory settings Using WEP instead of WPA PSK Reflashing my phone Using b instead of g b I m using Windows Mobile on my HTC Touch Elfin Can you guys help What can be the problem nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

My father's got an ASUS laptop with 8.1, a MacBook Pro, an ipad and a printer. In the last several months when he closes his ASUS and it goes to sleep wifi for his Macbook Pro and printer become unavailable but not his ipad. Any thoughts on what's going on?

A:Strange Wifi Problem - Your thoughts

Are you/he certain they are connected to the router and not through an Adhoc connection with the Asus?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303631-strange-wifi-problem-your-thoughts.html
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 46.01%

So im at a complete loss Very strange / problem network to connecting drives network. here I have a windows pro x computer that out of the blue stopped connecting to its network drives I tried a few things like flushing the dns re-registering new IP finally I decided to rejoin it to the domain big mistake The computer couldn't contact the domain controller even though all the info was correct I ended up doing a restore to the week prior updated the NIC drivers and everything seemed to be working The following day it happened again I tried the same few fixes and the solution this time was to uninstall all the hidden devices under the network adapter after a reboot Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network. I got into the drives just fine Now everytime the user shuts his computer down he gets this same problem My boss ran into the same problem on another machine the other day so Im hesitant to restore I would prefer a fix in case this shows up again The computer can get online and use our email through outlook but network resources are all gone The machine can also ping all of the servers but wont connect with xxx xxx xxx xxx IP or servername share even with credentials entered Ive looked all over with no success

A:Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If it's now happening to another computer, I'd unplug the router and switch(es) for 20 to 30 seconds. Also, check on your computer's Security or Firewall programs installed, make sure that they are up to date and not blocking the ports and network resources. You may try disabling the program(s) temporarily for debugging purpose.

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301265-very-strange-problem-connecting-network-drives-network.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just opened up my new Dell Ispiron yesterday and have yet to get the wireless card to behave The signal strength shows as Excellent with bars but acting WiFi Strange/Slow Card the speed hovers between and Mbps It has an WiFi Card acting Strange/Slow upgraded Intel wifi card which should be achieving much higher speeds with my Dlink DIR- N Router as the card maxes at Mbps and I m about feet away The other pc connecting wirelessly to this router is coasting along at a steady Mbps The laptop is dropping the internet constantly and the speed is constantly changing between and usually staying around - Mbps The problem occurs at home work and Starbucks no its not the router or ISP The other bizzarre thing is the activity - it is in the billions of bytes received and millions sent without having opened the browser I just got off a hour phone call with Dell and the best they could was a factory restore - which took a long time but didn t solve a thing Any suggestions Since the restore this evening I have no software installed other than the factory stuff and Macaffee which I am about to remove for giggles Also no files saved and havem t even been able to get online since the restore due to the speed being so low It was actually a tad higher before the restore and I was able to use the net for a short time nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone I connection after stick installing wifi usb is Internet strange wanted to create a wifi hotspot using wifi usb stick connected to my desktop So I connected it installed drivers Rlink or RaLink basically chinese noname and tried to set up the hotspot Internet connection is strange after installing wifi usb stick It worked but my android phone was stuck at quot Obtaining IP address quot So I installed Connectify set up Internet connection sharing from the main adapter to the wireless adapter and Internet connection is strange after installing wifi usb stick it worked fine But since then the internet connection is wonky for example right now I'm downloading MB file for the fourth time because it had always been interrupted And the download usually stops for - seconds then downloads really fast and stops again I use Backblaze for backup and I can see the the average upload speed is mbit s before it was cca mbit s I uninstalled everything drivers connectify Cisco things which were installed together with Connectify Cisco LEAP Cisco PEAP uninstalled the main network adapter and reinstalled it using drivers from Windows update Realtek PCIe Family Controller But there is no improvement Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Internet connection is strange after installing wifi usb stick

Actually Ralink chips are used in a lot of name brand stuff. so that's not specifically good or bad in and of itself.

The first thing I would suggest in an attempt to help prevent 'wonkness' would be to make sure the usb port is not set to go low power or sleep.

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

edit: you may also want to consider disabling ipv6 as some lower end devices don't really support it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227165-internet-connection-strange-after-installing-wifi-usb-stick.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello - can anyone help with this issue - i am finding it very strange I have just learnt about wifi networks and have set one up so i sort of know what i m doing but this has me stumped I am trying to set up a wireless connection for a friend and the situation is this Strange router no another available works problem on wifi from - networks one but Using windows zero wireless configuration utility there are no availble wireless networks to connect Strange wifi problem - no available networks from one router but works on another to when sitting feet Strange wifi problem - no available networks from one router but works on another from his router So i thought i would check to make sure the wireless card is working - i took it to my house and signed on to my network where i signed on with ease and connected to the internet - the wifi card works fine and is enabled I thought i would then check the router to make sure that is working - I took my laptop to his house and connected to his router and surfed the internet I could see his ssid fine - The router is working fine The SSID is not hidden So it isn t the card or the router as they both work but when i go back onto his laptop there are still no available networks Am i missing some really easy setting Why would his laptop not see any networks when i can on my laptop And even more why can i sign on to my wifi with his comp but he cannot sign onto his own The router is a comtrend CT and the wifi car an intel pro bg Anyone know of any compatibility issues AARRRGHHHHhhh Any help will send good kharma your way and a lot of thanks have a good night day Lee nbsp

A:Strange wifi problem - no available networks from one router but works on another

>The router is a comtrend CT536 and the wifi car an intel pro 2200bg. Anyone know of any compatibility issues?

so one laptop sees both routers and his will only see your router.

sounds like b/g modes are malconfigured. set both routers to b G mode only.

could also be one router is A/B and the other is B/G
(A mode uses different frequency than B/G)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-wifi-problem-no-available-networks-from-one-router-but-works-on-another.82122/
Relevancy 45.15%

Wifi stopped working suddenly on my desktop. Now I have to connect with cable to the router but when I open Network Connections it still says the wifi is connected and working. The Ethernet connection has the name of the Wifi SSID.

If I open the details of the wifi connection it says there is no0 IPV4 or IPV6 connectivity although these are checked.

What has happened?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54419-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-strange-result.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So This no restore, Strange input usb now system error message, wifi or is a weird one Today I started getting a strange error message pop up that stated quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot It seems to pop up at random Strange error message, system restore, now no usb input or wifi First couple times I ignored it When it persisted I googled it only to find most people with this error are having issues with links in outlook I do not use outlook or IE and wasn't doing anything browser related during any of the errors so lazily I ignored it again Finally when one of these errors kicked me out of my Portal game I decided I had to do something about it I decided to just system restore before I went through any huge hassle before I tried figuring anything major out System restore went swimmingly didn't seem to have any issues But My keyboard and mouse both wireless and usb weren't working upon reboot Okay Different port Nope All of them are dead Strange error message, system restore, now no usb input or wifi All Even the motherboard ones in the back NO usb device I plug in works or even registers To make it weirder I see that my wireless isn't connecting the internet is fine and my sound is muted Sound was on when I started system restore It's like all input into my machine is no longer accepted I know the CD drive works because inserting a CD even brought up the autoplay window even though I can't actually input anything I haven't messed with it too much as I'm very tired and annoyed but if anyone has some clues please tune me in

A:Strange error message, system restore, now no usb input or wifi

See if you can undo system restore by either:
- going into Safe Mode (rapidly tap the F8 key just before the Windows splash screen shows up.
- going into Startup Repair and using System Restore from there.

Also, try these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235751-strange-error-message-system-restore-now-no-usb-input-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi bro, I have 2 pcs enable with two pci d-link dw510 desktop wireless adaptors, well i could able to connect two pcs and make lan and if one pc has internet of ethernet or some usb modem source i could able to share it to other, you understood me? any other source (must be rj45 or usb). My friend stays beside my house where he uses some wireless modem and lucky i could able to use his net comfortably with his permission using my pcs pci wireless adaptor(so my wireless adaptor is already engaged), my request is how shall i share or forward my first pc's net(already using wireless modem ) to another computer(since my 2nd pc doesn't sees my friends network[wireless modem])? please suggest me. help me solving this issue.

advanced thanks
sandy

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm with Cogeco cable ISP and would like to use a wireless router. Cogeco tells me that they do not support wireless routers although a cable technician told me that D-Link WiFi routers work and LinkSys ones don't,

Can anybody tell me which wireless routers work with Cogeco?
and Where I can purchase one?

Thanks

A:WiFi Network

I suspect that almost any standard name brand router will work. There's nothing unique about their service, I suspect the tech just liked D-Link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network.571789/
Relevancy 41.28%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows help wifi network no SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXEC PROGRAM FILES MYSOFTWARE MYINVOICES TRACKER EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXEC WINDOWS RunDLL exeC PROGRAM FILES PARSONS TECHNOLOGY SCREEN SHOT SSHOT EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MYSOFTWARE NEWSFLSH EXEC PROGRAM FILES U S ROBOTICS G WLAN USRWLANG EXEC help no network wifi WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEF USRSETUP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe startupO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Tracker C Program Files MySoftware MyInvoices tracker exeO - HKLM Run eDonkey quot C PROGRAM FILES EDONKEY EDONKEY EXE quot -tO - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXE O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRYO - Startup Screen Shot lnk C Program Files Parsons Technology Screen Shot Sshot exeO - Startup MySoftware NewsFlash lnk C Program Files Common Files MySoftware NewsFlsh exeO - Startup U S Robotics g Wireless Network Utility lnk C Program Files U S Robotics g WLAN USRWLANG exeO - Extra context menu item Shorten URL - http www cjb net menuext htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans htmlO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EP ol v - - - cabO - DPF F D C -DB - CF- ECA- C FD C ActiveCGM Control - file C Program Files InterCAP ActiveCGM ActiveX Acgm cabO - DPF Tornado - http download games yahoo com games clients y t t x cabO - DPF DigiChat Applet - http digichat DigiClasses Client IE cab

A:help no network wifi

This log looks clean to me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5438/help-no-network-wifi/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have just updated Windows 7 in my DELL Vostro but now i cannot see any wifi network available and i have not the option in network communication devices at Control Panel.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a69d930-54d7-4f56-846b-c29bd9364abf/wifi-network-not-available?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

I am developing a 27,000 foot apartment building. I want them all to have internet access. Pricing isnt much of an issue but I would here all my options.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a laptop with w pro with which I can connect to work using vpn either using lan or wifi from anywhere I want vpn using network wifi I also installed a laptop with w with vpn installed the same as with w Using lan I can connect to the network at work and do all I want to do but using wifi at home or anywhere else it sometimes connects eventually but mostly it doesn't and if it does connect I'm not able to see any of the servers in the network not even on ip address vpn using wifi network The internet connection with wifi is sometimes shown as limited even while it belongs to a private network Did some research on the internet and found that with w there were some problems reported with vpn which resulted in a hotfix from microsoft Bit anxious to apply because it was related to not Anyone have any clue or suggestions I would be obliged Regards Klaas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/vpn-using-wifi-network-914594.html
Relevancy 41.28%

We cannot connect to the wireless network when using 802.1x radius authentication after Windows10 november update. Do you have any idea for this situation? Thanks

Nexus 5 cihaz?mdan Tapatalk kullan?larak gönderildi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-1x-wifi-network.1160778/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an odd problem here.
Windows 10 Home
WD MyBook Live
Windows user account: Microsoft User Account
MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password
I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my desktop. Interestingly, when I entered my username and password I did NOT click "save password", but access to the shares remains even after rebooting the PC - scary security issue here.
Anyway, the bigger problem is this - through my backup program, Macrium Reflect, I attempt to browse to the abovementioned share to pick a backup destination. This results in a Windows error "The network path can't be found".
Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:Strange network issue

Might as well try to kill two birds with one stone here.

I'm also seeing an issue where a couple of computers on my network are showing twice under "Network" on my Windows 10 PC.

Example:

"MyServer" will show as MyServer as well as MyServerA

The "A" is being appended to the end of the computer's name.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46592-strange-network-issue.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi This is about a friend's computer and a strange networking problem It's running Windows Starter x He told me that whenever he connected his PC Strange problem network to the home network through a network cable it would hang up That's all I knew I took Strange network problem it home and connected it to my network through wi-fi and also through cable separately and both times it hung up with BSOD IRQL not less or equal Anyway I fixed it Or that's what I believed I could use it with my network through wi-fi or cable and worked just fine Also tried it on a friend's home network I gave back the PC to my friend and he said that the problem still persists He lives in the countryside like km miles away from my city so that's why going to his house is my last option He also states that other PCs work just fine in that network So any ideas what I could try Thanks a lot

A:Strange network problem

Hi,

It sounds like it might be a problem with the network card driver. Perhaps he could uninstall and reinstall it?

If he experiences more BSOD, use this so we can look at the files in detail:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295243-strange-network-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i am stumped with this problem My network consists of SBS Laptops windows xp machines on sp windows LOL machines bit realtek router can t remember model but with issue Strange network can find if needed My problem is when ever i add a new pc to the server via http connect or via a usb device The computer once joined can only see the windows computers I can ping any computer on the network via name or ip fine including server I can map to the server and access files Its more Strange issue with network of an annoyance that i cannot see them in the network my computer gt network If i search by active directory and look for a computer by name e g Strange issue with network server i then see the server in the search results but cannot do anything with it Computers are running on avg or avast i have tried removing them completly using the removal tools and tested but same resuly regardless If anyone has any advice i would love to hear it nbsp

A:Strange issue with network

just to add i have ensured discovery etc is on and that they are all on the same subnet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-with-network.1095064/
Relevancy 41.28%

We have a network of workstation working on static ip s recently we started facing trouble with Issue Strange Network ip conflicts and breaks all over the lan the strange thing is Ip conflicts happened with any ip assigned to the workstation be it xxx xxx xxx or xxx xxx xxx or xxx xxx xxx the series we use and it would go away after some time on its own Another problem we having is breaks starts all over the lan to the gateway ip for the internet other lan ping is fine to the gaming server at the same Strange Network Issue location as the gateway server For now i have used mUlti to mode in vlan swicthes n broken the network at the main distribution points and that has solved the problem though ideally i would like to keep the network open so that all stations can access each other on lan Any idea as to why this is happening is it a trojan or just a rogue dhc or proxy arp that causes it Kev nbsp

A:Strange Network Issue

Yikes! Six hundred static IP addresses to maintain!

Truthfully, with such limited information, it's difficult to know what's going on. I'd guess that you have a DHCP server running somewhere with an address range that overlaps all those static IP addresses, but that's just a guess based on the indications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-issue.618388/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an XP SP pro system in one building and a Win x pro system in another I had a terrible time getting the network setup and running network problem strange I strange network problem read every tutorial and tried every suggestion posted on the Windows Seven forum except reformatting my XP system got that too But finally I managed to get it up and running Although it necessitated changing the XP box so that I had to log on every time I booted it up Everything has been going along swimmingly until about two weeks ago when the mobo on the XP Box went tips up So now I've got a new motherboard processor more ram and a new video card I had the old hard drive with XP on it re-installed legacy software which I both need and am fond of Everything is working perfectly except You guessed it the network Now here's the strange part the XP machine still sees the Win machine just like it did But the Win machine only sees one folder directory and sub directories on the XP machine out of about six or seven that I had enabled for sharing previously--all of which are child directories of the same top level directory that the visible directory is under I can share files in both directions But the Win machine refuses to see the other directories on the XP system I have diligently checked the sharing settings on all the missing directories to be certain that they are the same as on the one directory that Win see they are identical And all of them including the one directory that is visible unchanged since before the mobo upgrade Obviously the network is still working but Windows is partially blind I know this is an XP forum but I have to believe that the problem lies with the XP box simply because that's where the changes--the only changes--occurred I even called a networking consultant who guess what informed me that only a reformatting of my hard drive and re-installation of the operating system would solve the problem that XP would never be completely happy on the new mobo everything else seems to be operating fine Can anyone tell me what is going on and perhaps offer some thoughts as to how to deal with this problem

A:strange network problem

Hi DWFII

Just to see .. for one of the missing directories - rename the directory, then create a new, empty directory with its original name. Then copy the contents from the older renamed directory into the newly created directory. Then go through the usual process of enabling sharing on the newly created & refilled directory. See if that does it.

This is something similiar to what I had to do a long while back (long ago enough that I've forgotten exactly when) -- and had a knotty problem with a Vista machine and an older XP machine.

It shouldn't risk any of your data, since you are simply copying things. If the procedure works for the test directory (that is, makes it visible & shared from the Windows 7 PC), repeat the same procedure with the other missing directories.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-network-problem-529437.html
Relevancy 41.28%

In my Notification area, my Network icon shows a small exclamation mark & states "No Internet Access". When I open the Network & Sharing Center, sure enough, there is a red X between my network icon & the globe icon.
The strange part is ... I CAN get online & surf all I want w/o a problem.

So does anyone know what may be going on? This started once I installed the free version of avast! v8.0 & no-one from the avast! forums has commented on the post I left over there.

A:Strange Network Behavior

Then uninstall AVAST v8.0 and see if the problem goes away :-)

If the operating system cannot connect to certain web servers, it shows as "No Internet Access". I get this every time that I use a VPN connection to the place where I work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/285410-strange-network-behavior.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Mine and my girlfriends computers are hooked up to a local network and share DSL internet access through a router Recently she s been having network problems and I m stumped I think it might have something to do with a failed Norton Antivirus installation a while back We d just re-installed Windows onto the computer and were Problems Network Strange installing Norton when the program stalled After a lot of headache we managed to get it somewhat installed but it was still giving us problems so we threw up our hands and used another virus scanner instead We installed Avira and everything went fine and later we decided to switch her to Kaspersky We thought Strange Network Problems everything was Strange Network Problems fine but recently she s been experiencing a deterioration in her ability to use network applications Strange Network Problems First her messengers started to go out on her then one of her weather monitoring programs refused to connect Just a couple of days ago I stopped being able to access her hard drives from my computer I had her uninstall any software that she s installed recently including Kaspersky The funny thing is that when we un-installed Kaspersky Windows Security Center suddenly started reporting that Norton was running as the default virus scanner What s more it said that Norton was reported as being fully up-to-date and functional I figured that there was some problem when we originally tried to uninstall Norton so I had her re-install Norton This time the installation went perfectly and the program seems to work fine But it won t let us uninstall it gives us an error every time I m guessing that this problem is related to the network connection problem Does anybody have any advice nbsp

A:Strange Network Problems

Hi Parrot,
Norton/Symantec products can cause major problems when partially/corrupt installed. Dowbnload the removal tool and run, from.... HERE!!!
This should resolve problems.
Bowmar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-problems.514437/
Relevancy 41.28%

having changed location to a small office after having a talktalk connection which worked OK. I am now connected 4 PCs through a Switch and shared a printer without any problems as the Internet was from a Public connection in the same building each machine having its own wifi connector. I was instructed to install a different printer a Sharps MX-C311 via an RJ45 cable to do this I used the TalkTalk Router which worked but a strange thing happened when the router was on we lost the WIFI access on all four PCs? Router printer worked? Ipconfig reports the Lan is based on 192.168 etc and the Wifi is 10.10 etc any help welcomed as i have to face this again next week
More about : strange network problem

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38462-strange-network-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello

I'm having trouble transfering files from a windows vista computer to a windows 7 computer.

I can see both computers on my network, but i can only access the files on my windows 7 machine.

When i ping the windows 7 machine, it gives me 0% packet loss, but when i try to do the same to the windows vista computer it gives 100% of packet loss.
I've turned off both firewalls.

Despite all of that, i can play lan games. I can be a host to a game in both machines and "see" the game from both computers.

Does this makes any sense? cannot ping a machine, and being able to play in lan?

I've sent an image with the windows vista network sharing center( It is in portuguese...sorry ).

Tell me what more do you need to see and i will sent an image.

A:Strange network problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chirola

Hello

I'm having trouble transfering files from a windows vista computer to a windows 7 computer.

I can see both computers on my network, but i can only access the files on my windows 7 machine.

When i ping the windows 7 machine, it gives me 0% packet loss, but when i try to do the same to the windows vista computer it gives 100% of packet loss.
I've turned off both firewalls.

Despite all of that, i can play lan games. I can be a host to a game in both machines and "see" the game from both computers.

Does this makes any sense? cannot ping a machine, and being able to play in lan?

I've sent an image with the windows vista network sharing center( It is in portuguese...sorry ).

Tell me what more do you need to see and i will sent an image.

You are probably using "homegroup" which can have (on some systems) connectivity issues, and sharing issues.

You can verify this by creating a new network connection using "workgroup". If it works you can then disable IPv6 and kill homegroup

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85603-strange-network-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi.
I had to reset my router and reconfigure the network parameters and since then, when I open the "network" icon in Windows Explorer, I see the icon with my PC name on it but when I try to access it, I get that error "cannot access, you may not have access to that network resource, etc etc" plus "the network provider name is wrong", whatecer that is.
Oddly enough, this particular computer can be accessed normally from other computers in the same network; that is, it exists for the others but not for itself!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/255633-strange-my-own-pc-cannot-access-itself-network.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Sorry - didnt see reply to earlier post on same topic below.....stress!!

I have a weird problem on my network places. Previously i could see and access shared folders on my laptop, desktop and share printers too. I've had some 'problems' recently and now the shared folders are a bit messed up. On the desktop pC I can see the laptop shared folders but on the laptop I cant see the desktop folders - unless I click on -view workgroup computers - then double click on desktop PC icon and there are the shared folders??!! From there I can open the folders. Still cant get printer to work though. Any ideas anybody...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-places-strange.371206/
Relevancy 41.28%

Brand new installation of Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit) on a Dell Optiplex 755, when I first boot the system, the following gets assigned:

IP Address: 192.168.1.116
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1
DNS Server: 192.168.1.1

I can ping the server and any other device on the network but there is no Internet access on the system unless I disable the network adapter and re-enable it.

Intel 82566 onboard NIC

- uninstalled device & deleted drivers & rebooted
- re-installed drivers (same issue)
- changed DNS to Google servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- assigned a static ip of 192.168.1.201 & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- set speed of the NIC to 100 MB duplex & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- disabled all startup items via msconfig & rebooted (same issue) - enabled all used startup items after

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did some more research and saw a few references to the Apple Bonjour service, tried disabling the service and rebooted, the network came right up.

Somehow the "new" installation of Windows 7 on the refurbished Optiplex 755 had iTunes and Quicktime (and NetZero) preinstalled.  

Uninstalled all Apple software (Bonjour Service, Software Update, iTunes, QuickTime).  

Double checked the services and the Bonjour service was removed.

Installed the current version of QuickTime & rebooted, network still comes right up.

The end.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505250/strange-network-issue/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok so I've had this laptop for around a yea now it is a Parkard Bell Easy note TS and it has been great upto now Suddenly the network adapter keeps screwing up and will just die for no reason I will be on the internet and it will suddenly cut off and I will noot be able to reconnect unless I restart the laptop It is not a simple case of the actual network going down becasue this happens on any network regardless of whether it uses a wire or is wireless WHen it happens I cannot reset it as it kind of glitches and if it is on the wire it says there is still a wire connected but with no network access even if I take the wire out If it is on the wireless it will say there are no Network Strange Problem networks It can happen after hours minutes or even seconds after starting to use the internet I have tried many things like uninstalling drivers reinstalling them disabling them resetting to a different point etc etc Any help would be appreciated it is getting extremely annoying now

A:Strange Network Problem

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/strange-network-problem-634915.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Recently I've been having a strange issue with my connection It involves not being able to contact the Minecraft authentication server so it's stuck in offline mode The problem with this is that I dont know what Strange issue network is Strange network issue causing it I have tried a VPN one time it worked another time it didn't I have tried ipconfig flushdns not working I have checked my hosts file and there was Strange network issue nothing I have not tried another connection because I don't have one Strange network issue and I can't just go to the nearest mcdonalds and try And all my neighbord have passwords on their networks I have tried re-installing the game still not working I have verified that I still have access to my account Although this seems like a Minecraft issue I have already attempted to seek support from their website and it hasnt helped In addition to Minecraft I have also been unable to access another website - Conservapedia which works on VPN so this isnt just a Minecraft issue I have done a tracert to conservapedia both on VPN and not and the results are at the bottom of the post Looking at the error pages the connection seems to time out while attempting to connect to these websites I don't have an antivirus unless windows defender or malwarebytes counts and I only have windows firewall I am also able to access the authentication server in my browser Does anyone have any ideas I am able to access the websites on another device so its not my router or ISP Update am EST Minecraft has worked with the VPN sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt Tracert result Conservapedia VPN Conservapedia no VPN Minecraft auth server no VPN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/strange-network-issue-1099545.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an issue with a laptop running Windows XP sp the user network issue Strange is a salesman and uses VPN and RAS quite often The machine gets out ok and can access our network resources just fine but if you try to ping or access the machine Strange network issue from another machine it will fail Once the machine is rebooted you will be able to ping the machine briefly once the machine has loged on you will fail to ping Strange network issue it I thought that since it was quot pingable quot for a short time that it was a service failing I checked out the event viewer and found errors Event id - quot The IP address lease lt ip address gt for the Network Card with network address lt MAC address gt has been denied by the DHCP server lt server ip address gt The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message quot Event id - quot The Computer Browser service terminated with service-specific error x F quot nbsp

Have you checked the Event Log on the DHCP server (assuming it's a Windows box, of course)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-issue.441995/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have A issues lot Network strange of a lot of Network issues on my machine using Vista Business bit I have listed below any help would be appreciated Sometimes I can connect to a VPN but not map a drive I have to use a registry fix and reboot this can sometimes take up to an hour to fix I think this is network related when I right click in windows explorer it can take up to seconds to bring up the menu I have used shellexview to try and remove any references to network apps but to no avail I use skype and when transferring files to my colleagues it takes ages because the transfer is being 'relayed' Nobody else on the same network has this problem When connected to one of my VPN connections I lose internet access While in VSS I get very strange messages saying the file is already checked out when it's not That's it for A lot of strange Network issues a start Thanks for any help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/240168-lot-strange-network-issues.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dlink wireless network that has been working fine for ages (downstairs),
Another Dlink network Working fine (Upstairs)
Both are joined to Internet and have been working fine until...

I got a new Vista Hewlett Packard Laptop... Could connect wireless upstairs fine, went downstairs and couldn't even detect the downstairs network.

All my other wireless devices can detect and use the downstairs network fine but the new HP Laptop cannot even find it??

Can anyone tell me how to find this network on my new laptop!

Thanks SnowyKeeper

A:Strange Network Troubles

See if this addresses the issue: Vista Can't obtain IP address from some DHCP Servers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-troubles.640037/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there I'm new here and was wondering if I could get some help. I am running a Windows 2000 Server Edition Server with a business class DSL Connection hooked to a 25 port Intel 330t Stackable hub. My problem is on my server I cannot connect to the internet and can;'t run my main software because I need internet access to run it. But when I go and open a internet browser on a workstation I can connect to the internet and browse just fine. But I can't access my main program because it runs with my server internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting with my service provider but they are a bunch of morons themselves. I think I've tried everything but maybe someone here has ran into a similar problem themselves. Please help!!!

A:Strange Network Problem

Check the IPCONFIG of the workstation vrs the IPCONFIG of the Server all should look about the same except for the last octet of the IP address. More than likely your server doesn't have a default gateway setup and your PC's do have one.

But when I go and open a internet browser on a workstation I can connect to the internet and browse just fine. But I can't access my main program because it runs with my server internet connectionClick to expand...

This statement bothers me a little bit are you saying your workstations can't accesses your servers program? Are you sure your 2 PC's even have basic network connectivitiy outside the program level?

I would ensure to ping the server from the workstation and piong the workstation from the server.

If your not sure on how this looks please post the IPCONFIG /alls here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-problem.486188/
Relevancy 41.28%

Allright...here's the way I've got my net set up:
Wireless accesspoint connected to internet
Wireless card wirelessly connected to access point
Computer housing wireless card connected via wire to hard network switch
Computers connected to switch.

I want to route the internet from the wireless computer to my network so my non-wireless computers can get on the net through the WAP. Any ideas?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have a cable connection, Windows XP, and a router with 128-bit WEP encryption. The computer that has the problem is hooked up via LAN cable.

My problem is that sometimes while I have an active network connection (browsing the internet/using network tools etc.) the little bubble in the lower right hand corner of the screen pops up and sais 'Local Area Network a Network Cable has been unplugged' and the lights on my cable modem stop for a second, then the pop-up goes away and everything is fine. This happens often, it will come and go away, then come again a minute later. No actual network cable are being unplugged. I'm sure everyone is familiar with this so help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 41.28%

Has anybody ever seen something like this OK I have a pretty new Alienware Aurora computer with a quot Thermal Controller quot built-in which controls the speeds of the three fans in the rig dependent on some sensors and Network Really Strange Processes the current temperatures inside Really Strange Network Processes the case In another model of the Aurora is controls the thermal venting too Apparently two different Processes that the CPU is running are using my quot Network quot to communicate with each other inside the rig independently of the internet - is this possible One is called quot DoorController exe quot and the other is called quot Really Strange Network Processes RemotingServiceController exe quot The reason they call it quot DoorController quot is that as stated before in one of the Aurora models the computer electronically controls the Air Venting Door automatically opening it when temps get above a certain level I have a Internet Cable quot Break Switch quot in series between my Cable Modem and the Cable jack supplying the internet connection which allows me to physically break the connection between the incoming Cable and my Cable Modem with the press of a switch Kind of handy if you want to totally disconnect from the internet without having to unscrew the cable connector from the wall jack Well I physically disconnected the Internet from my Computer and then took this quot snip quot from the Task Manager's quot Performance Monitor quot with it set to monitor quot Network Activity quot and it shows these two Processes quot communicating quot The number of bytes sent by one process is the number of bytes received by the other This seems like proof enough to me that they are quot talking to each other quot I also see this activity on the quot Network Monitor quot Gadget which I keep on my desktop Anybody ever seen anything like this in a computer before Make any sense The quot snip quot from the Performance Monitor is shown below Any comments much appreciated

A:Really Strange Network Processes

Isn't that a form of bus mastering?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140359-really-strange-network-processes.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My problem:

My computer will not communicate with my roommates. visa-versa. I cannot see his computer in "My network places > View workgroup computers." Niether of us have a problem communicating with others on a newtwork and we can see each others LAN games. I run XP Home and he runs XP Pro.

Relevancy 41.28%

So the other day my mother clicked on that Osama link that was going around facebook After that I noticed that her computer was talking to some other computer over port even though no internet applications of any sort were Strange activity network started After blocking that IP I started noticing that my moms computer was trying to Strange network activity talk to my computer and my brothers On my computer i would get a result like this My computer Moms Computer SYN Strange network activity SENT PID which I can t find a proccess for On my moms computer the connection would look like this Moms Computer My comp Syn SENT PID brothers comp Syn sent PID print spool File sharing and Printer sharing has been turned off for a while Don t know if that has to do with print spool Also the other day my internet was running at a crawl so I unplugged the modem router and after some time plugged it back in I then went and checked my mothers computer and a notice had popped up saying something along the lines of quot A computer is already using this IP on your network quot The web was still going slow so i unplugged my mothers computer from the internet and within maybe minutes the internet was working fine again I ve run Kapersky and Malwarebytes scans on each computer and both of them have come up with nothing But I feel something just isn t right Any Ideas of what I should do next Or if you need more info please ask I ll be happy to provide Thanks for your help in advance I just checked my Windows Event Logs and found some really strange things While scrolling down the logs I ve noticed Successfull Logon s An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID NULL SID Account Name - Account Domain - Logon ID x Logon Type New Logon Security ID ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Name ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x c Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x Process Name - Network Information Workstation Name Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process NtLmSsp Authentication Package NTLM Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only NTLM V Key Length --------------------- and this Which i had deleted the guest account a while ago An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID John-PC John Account Name John Account Domain John-PC Logon ID x ee Logon Type New Logon Security ID John-PC Guest Account Name Guest Account Domain John-PC Logon ID x f d Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID xeb Process Name C Windows explorer exe Network Information Workstation Name JOHN-PC Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length I also saw one where my mom s computer had connected which I cant find now I also just noticed that my file sharing has been turned back on and when I try to turn it off it says quot the dependency service or group failed to start quot And this showed up on my moms System Log an error from source bowser The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer JOHN-PC that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT Tcpip C BA E-E - - D -DA CC AC The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members beavertown class username author dir auto beavertown a span a href threads strange-network-activity title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title May at AM May span a span div div class publicControls a href threads strange-network-activity title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li ol input type hidden name xfToken value form div class pageNavLinkGroup div class link... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-activity.995795/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an interesting problem Recently I have been having trouble with one of my computers As a result I have now re-installed windows XP or times since the beginning of the year with the majority of those times being the last months or Strange network failure so Internet connectivity stops working I get a message that a network cable is disconnected I cannot use the internet Strange because it is a Strange network failure dual booting system and my Linux partition Strange network failure has NO TROUBLE connecting After I re-install Windows XP everything works fine Internet works I can download surf email I then go through the very lengthy time consuming process of re-installing Strange network failure software and registering licenses so the software can work some packages make it impossible to just use a key phrase Sooner or later the internet stops working in XP This happened again recently when I boot to linux it works so I know it is not the hardware I tried changing the speed and duplex setting from auto to or mb full or half No change no internet connection I have tried removing and re-installing the driver for the network adapter Even going back to a previous restore point when the network WAS working does not fix it I removed my hard drive and I re-installed XP to a smaller hard drive and yes I can connect again I do NOT want to go through the process of re-installing software or license rights again Besides it may only fail again in a few days weeks I would like to be able to fix this on my XP installation How do I Find out what is broken and fix it Stop it from breaking again This will no doubt depend on answer to One thing that comes to mind I do not register XP after I install I just activate it over the net This option to register it is it manditory Could this be the cause Asus A V x Asus tek Broadcom integrated controller on motherboard XP home XP service pack I allow all updates to take place as I am notified except I do not allow iIE to be installed normally I use firefox Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Ok this is Strange problem network a problem that has been on my network for some time and I Strange network problem think I finally found a source for the problem I apologize for the bad topic title I don Strange network problem t know how to describe it in one line Sometimes I will be at my computer on a network connected through a Linksys router and my connection to the internet just stops for a few seconds then I can connect I wrote the following batch file to test my connection cls echo off prompt cls ping -n www google com goto My batch skills suck I know So about of the time the request is timed out I ran this same file on the other computers on my network and all got the same result except one my daughter s She never got a single request timed out My theory is that her computer is infected with some sort of virus that is causing this problem The alternative is that iTunes is causing the problem her computer is the only one with iTunes on it She was running it while I performed the test Do any of you know what is going on and more importantly how can I fix this Thank you for any help nbsp

Based only on the information you presented my betting is on iTunes. Suggest you try your innovative (I like it!) test again with her computer on the network but giving iTunes (and any other audio or video application) a rest.

If it turns out to be iTunes I guess you need to negotiate some rules of internet use. A technical solution depends on your router; some routers have a Quality of Service (QoS) feature, which allows you to apportion bandwidth among computers.

If not iTunes, then malware is very much a possibility. Suggest you post a HiJackThis log for her computer in the Malware forum. HiJackThis can be found: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-problem.633063/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I am having a very strange problem on different machines one machine is a physical XP Pro SP install nd machine is a Windows Pro running XP Mode with SP When trying to map an existing Very Network XP Problem Strange network share to either of these machines the result is a quot Dos -bit subsystem error quot Other network shares map perfectly normal it only seems to Very Strange XP Network Problem affect particular network shares and again only on particular machines Here s where it gets weird If either of the two users affected logs on to the domain using any of the other computers regardless of being XP Win or XP Mode they can map to these shares absolutely fine no problems so it would logically eliminate network user permissions and file permissions Seems to be isolated to the physical machine but the same problem appears on a brand new fresh XP Mode - Windows install so it shouldn t be the physical machine Further weirdness on the affected machines if the user maps the same share to a different drive letter it works ie s and n don t work but u and z work fine On other machines they can map to ANY drive letter including s and n fine It seems if any other user logs on to either of the affected machines they cannot map those particular drives either The XP mode machine experiences these problems irregardless of installation status XP Mode has been removed time over and reinstalled to a clean fresh brand new state still generating the -bit dos subsystem error when mapping s or n Any ideas Thanks Colin nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-xp-network-problem.1019767/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all encryption on. My router does not show them, but they are on the network. When this happens, it's hard to see each others computer. Sometimes after refreshing a multiple times, the phone is not there and sometimes can see each other's computer. I have switched the workgroup name and the router password and still the same. Has anyone else experience this problem?

A:Strange phones in network

I am interested in this too, I always get different devices on my network.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35708-strange-phones-network.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have had this problem several times in different network configurations. I'm not able to find the reason behind this. I have a small home network that has a server and this server distributes the internet between the clients. There is no problem with the server and I can browse any webpage and anything in those pages. However, as a client I have difficulty in submitting webpage forms or making google search and almost anything related to web forms has problems.
Sometimes some pages do not show up at all. Some others can be opened but they're not complete. Cnn.com is an example.

Anybody knows anything related to this matter?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey Guys, first post here.

I Need some help on setting up this network connection.

I am setting up a network for a small boarding school for children, thus i have a server to manage what the children are accessing and blocking their access at certain times.

My Internet comes in through Ethernet into the Server, and it currently went out at a network card using AD-HOC. Unfortunatley this connection is very tempermental, and with 12 children not being able to connect during school hours, this is causing a problem.

I need a way of setting up the network not using AD-HOC. I have 2 Ethernet network cards, wireless USB network card & a netgear router.

Is there a way of the children connecting to a netgear router, and the server connects to the netgear router, but the internet comes from the server?

Thanks for your help!

A very stressed guy!!

A:Setting up a strange network

You can continue to use ICS and simply connect the Netgear router to the second Ethernet NIC. This will allow you to manage the incoming data with the server and provide wireless/wired connections through the router.

If you want to eliminate the NAT layer of the router, you can configure it as a WAP as follows.
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-strange-network.902355/
Relevancy 41.28%

Sorry if this gets a little long but I m at a issues network Strange total loss as to what is happening Strange network issues I had the same setup for years without a problem then my router went bad so I got a new one Everything was fine for about months and then all of the sudden last week my download speed on my desktop computer got really slow No issues with upload speed only download Usually my download speed is between - Mbps but now it s under Mbps I have laptops one of which is in the same room and neither of them has a problem I ve gone through all of the channels on the router and changed other settings and nothing worked I moved the router with no success I ve tried different cables and I bought a new router and new adapter for the desktop and I still have slow speed Now I m back to what I had to begin with and of course I still have very slow speed I even called the ISP just cover all the bases and make sure there weren t any problems on their end There is no problem with signal strength and the network speed usually stays at Mbps but never drops below Mbps when I m connected On the problem computer I have Windows and Vista both installed and the problem is the same no matter what OS I m in The laptops I use have Vista and XP and like I said before there is no issue with them My router is a Linksys WRT GS and the adapter I m using now is a Linksys WUSB GS v I also tried a WUSB GC adapter which didn t help Another thing that blows my mind is that I can connect to my neighbor s unsecured network and get faster speed than on my own network Not as fast as I used to have but somewhere in the - Mbps range Another oddity is that once I connect to another network my network disappears Sometimes it will reappear with full signal strength but then disappear again like it suddenly went out of range All while I have or of my neighbor s networks in range There have not been any changes to my system at all so I m completely frustrated right now If anyone has any ideas what could be going on suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I use Windows on laptops and Windows Server for DHCP DNS HTTP etc Last night I decided to change the servers computer name to quot mars quot and the Eee Strange network issue PC's name to deimos Changes went through but I started to notice something very strange If you ping afx-eee the Eee's old computer name it replies with If you ping deimos the Eee's new computer name it replies with an IPv address Same thing applies At this point there is no such computer named afx-eee on the network at all I fired up my second laptop did not make any changes to this one and it too can see afx-eee but not deimos Strange network issue I have restarted the Eee PC several times and this problem Strange network issue still happens Another problem is that if I pinged localhost from either laptop it would return an IPv address where I believe it should be returning So I am at a loss at this point I tried editting the hosts file on the Eee PC and added a localhost entry for and when pinging localhost it returns but whenever I ping the computer name from said computer it returns IPv address For testing purposes I thought this was a DNS issue I removed the server from the equation and had my router handling DNS and DHCP Same dice Even did a factory reset I even reconfigured my DHCP and DNS on the server deleted the roles and added them back no luck I even tried unchecking IPv from the network card properties same problem Since then I have changed the Eee PC's name back to afx-eee now getting same problems as above except deimos still shows that it is on the network but it isn't I even reinstalled my drivers and that did not help Reset Winsock too same problem Pulling my hair out on this one The W k server does not show any of these symptoms and is up to speed with current computer names the moment I changed afx-eee to deimos the server resolved that quickly showing replies from an IPv address changed back to afx-eee it worked with no problems and could no longer see deimos but the laptops could still see deimos

Quote: Originally Posted by AFX

I use Windows 7 on 2 laptops and Windows Server 2003 for DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc.

Last night I decided to change the servers computer name to "mars" and the Eee PC's name to deimos. Changes went through, but I started to notice something very strange.

If you ping afx-eee (the Eee's old computer name), it replies with 10.2.2.4. If you ping deimos (the Eee's new computer name), it replies with an IPv6 address. Same thing applies. At this point, there is no such computer named afx-eee on the network at all. I fired up my second laptop (did not make any changes to this one) and it too can see afx-eee but not deimos? I have restarted the Eee PC several times and this problem still happens.

Another problem is that if I pinged localhost from either laptop, it would return an IPv6 address (where I believe it should be returning 127.0.0.1).

So I am at a loss at this point. I tried editting the hosts file on the Eee PC and added a localhost entry for 127.0.0.1 and when pinging localhost, it returns 127.0.0.1, but whenever I ping the computer name from said computer it returns IPv6 address????

For testing purposes, I thought this was a DNS issue. I removed the server from the equation and had my router handling DNS and DHCP. Same dice. Even did a factory reset. I even reconfigured my DHCP and DNS on the server (deleted the roles and added them back), no luck. I even tried unchecking IPv6 from the network card properties, same problem.

Since then, I have changed the Eee PC's name back to afx-eee, now getting same problems as above except deimos still shows that it is on the network (but it isn't). I even reinstalled my drivers and that did not help. Reset Winsock too, same problem. Pulling my hair out on this one.

The W2k3 server does not show any of these symptoms, and is up to speed with current computer names (the moment I changed afx-eee to deimos, the server resolved that quickly, showing replies from an IPv4 address, changed back to afx-eee, it worked with no problems and could no longer see deimos, but the 2 laptops could still see deimos)

You could of cousre change from Homegroup to "workgroup" which only uses IPv4. Homegroup is for win 7 machines only.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62082-strange-network-issue.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hello,i opened resource manager today and found this:

what are these sites and why are they being scanned by avast?

A:strange network activity

The scans are probably being done as part of the active protection to protect you from visiting malicious websites that contain malicious scripts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511322/strange-network-activity/
Relevancy 41.28%

A few days ago, I came down in the morning to find my network lights flashing like crazy, but I knew that my network should be idle. I checked my network activity with wireshark and found some interesting results. There were DNS requests flying all over the place for no known reason. Also the results from wireshark were full of bogus ip headers. Of course all of this adverse network activity slows the network quite a bit, and I use my computer remotely via vnc for training purposes, so it is a real problem. Another weird part of it is the face that it doesn’t do it all the time. I have attached the wireshark captures to this post and ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. there are no suspect services or processes running on my computer.

Thanks in advanced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-network-activity.547048/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell notebook with XP Pro and Broadcom 570x integrated ethernet. In order to successfully log on to my network I have to unplug the network cable, boot up the notebook, then plug the cable back in before signing on.

If I leave the cable in while I boot up I am unable to log on to the network.

Once I'm logged in all network functions are normal. Anyone know why I have to do the Texas two-step with the net cable in order to log in?

Thanks.

Relevancy 41.28%

I suspect my machine and network have been exploited hacked? Strange network changes i still Am to allow unauthorized access but i m not sure where to start with this i was previously infected with a very nasty rootkit of some type that i could not remove myself here is a quote from my post in Am I infected Am i still hacked? Strange network changes Question Am i still hacked Details I previously had a bootkit i believe to be max or some zeroaccess variant TDSS Killer came up with positive results in the beginning and i tried running aswMBR and one of Am i still hacked? Strange network changes those times it closed and caused a BSOD i tried many methods of removing it but every time i tried to get rid of it it came right back the giveaway was a folder called DRM with an alternate data stream containing arabic wording DRM so i decided to do a low level format on the drive and then reinstalled Windows Ultimate x on January st Last night i decided to restore parts of my old firefox profile into my new firefox profile the files i restored were formhistory sqlite and places sqlite and about an hour later i think it was firefox for no reason i can think of had high memory usage at about the same time this happened my girlfriend who i was talking with on Skype lost her internet connection and i noticed my Skype connection was disconnecting and reconnecting as well I then checked my Norton Internet Security History logs and strangely the history for Networks and Connections was completely empty all other logs were still there the girlfriend is still most definitely infected and will be visiting this forum soon but i d like to make sure i am not infected again thank youPossibly relevant i also restored my skype profile but that was on DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Aardo at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exeC Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System WUDFHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files x FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exeC Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exeC Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exeC Program Files x Camfrog Camfrog Video Chat Camfrog Video Chat exeC Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exeC Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files x Everything Everything exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system Dwm exe... Read more

A:Am i still hacked? Strange network changes

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Search.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482230/am-i-still-hacked-strange-network-changes/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I really am not sure what the problem is with my PC but after a while it starts to go really slow and there seems to be changes in my Network activity I have also noticed that when this happens RemoteApp and Desktop Connections appears in the start menu as a recently used item Also when I tried to use gmer I ended up with a BSOD This has happened quite a few times now and continues to even tho I reinstall my OS from stratch every time So I have done a clean install then run the software as you suggest to see if its activity?? Network Strange something Strange Network activity?? that can't be got rid of by doing a clean OS install ADDITIONAL NOTE after I ran gmer the quot SAVE quot Strange Network activity?? button didn't do anything So I used the copy feature and saved it that way Hope that was OK and has the information you need Also I do Strange Network activity?? have access to an install disc dds txt below DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Pete at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system sppsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google co uk mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces C - - -A -D B D DHCPNameServer SSODL WebCheck - lt orphaned gt x -SSODL WebCheck - lt orphaned gt SERVICES DRIVERS Created Last - - -------- d-----w- C Windows Panther - - -------- d-sh--w- C Boot - - ----a-w- C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates A F D -BA - A - EFB-E A CDC mpengine dll - - ----a-w- C Windows System drivers netr ux sys Find M FINISH

A:Strange Network activity??

Hi,
Really sorry, but I realized I hadn't installed ANY updates after doing the clean install, So I got the OS up to date, then re ran the tests again.

Interestingly gmer allowed me to save the output this time...?

Output below:

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Internet Explorer:
Run by Pete at 5:52:44 on 2013-06-26
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.44.1033.18.2815.1722 [GMT 1:00]
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvtray.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\daemonu.exe
C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k SDRSVC
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k swprv
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.co.uk/
mWinlogon: Userinit = userinit.exe
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mPolicies-Explorer: NoActiveDesktop = dword:1
mPolicies-Explorer: NoActiveDesktopChanges = dword:1
mPolicies-System: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = dword:5
mPolicies-System: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = dword:3
mPolicies-System: EnableUIADesktopToggle = dword:0
DPF: {B479199A-1242-4E3C-AD81-7F0DF801B4AE} - hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/C/9/C/C9C3D86D-84AC-4AF0-8584-842756A66467/MicrosoftDownloadManager.cab
TCP: NameServer = 192.168.0.1
TCP: Interfaces\{6926C234-3219-4191-A877-D82413B22D45} : DHCPNameServer = 192.168.0.1
SSODL: WebCheck - <orphaned>
x64-SSODL: WebCheck - <orphaned>
================= FIREFOX ===================
FF - ProfilePath - C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hguddqpa.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.google.co.uk/
FF - plugin: C:\Windows\npMSDM.dll
FF - plugin: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_7_700_224.dll
FF - ExtSQL: 2013-06-26 05:45; [email protected]; C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hguddqpa.default\extensions\openur[email protected]
============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============
R2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-3-18 130384]
R2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X64;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-3-18 138576]
S3 TsUsbFlt;TsUsbFlt;C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Ts... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/strange-network-activity-700615.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'll explain as best I can but my description skills is not that great.

I noticed ever since I got a slight upgrade to my bandwidth from 10dl 1ul to 20dl 2ul, my online games have been having these weird "hiccups", for instance lets say I'm running left and for a second or two I'll keep going that way and everyone else around me seems to go the way they were running while this hiccup happens like my computer stroked out for a bit then regained itself, this happens randomly it seems so I can't figure out why.

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
MSI P67A-C43 (MS-7673)
x2 Corsair DDR3 4096 MBytes
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 SE (301.24)
(NO OC)

A:Network acting strange

Could this possibly be a server lag issue and not an issue on your end?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-acting-strange.181014/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this, but I need help. There are three computers here, connected to a dsl modem via an msi router. The other two work fine, but mine periodically loses the ability to do anything other than basic browsing. I am unable to connect to any ftp server, online games, IM services. I've tried everything I can think of, and so now, I turn to yuo guys. Hope you can help.

You could have a bad nic card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-problem.564059/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just ran into a strange problem with accessing my office network with my laptop.

This laptop has been working fine for over a year and just started this strange behavior yesterday.

I can connect to the network fine both with cable and wireless. I am able to connect to the internet with both and all other computers on the network can see and access shared folders on the laptop.

However, the laptop cannot see any other computers on the network all of a sudden.

If it matters, the laptop is running Windows 7 Professional - 32 bit and the Server is running Server 2008. All other computers ion the network are also running Windows 7 - 32 bit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Tim, had a similar problem on the other half's lappy yesterday evening. She noticed that it was "configuring updates" when she switched it on. Since then there was no connectivity available. Checked router and tried using ethernet..no good. Tonight I did a system restore to a point previous to yesterday. On completion all was back to normal so I'm putting it down to a duff update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158061-strange-network-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi recently I have noticed my ping is going up into the region on servers where it would normally be under There is only one other computer in my house other than mine and it is my problems network Strange mum's laptop running Vista When I look in the router it says my mums laptop is connected i can see her mac address even when her computer is 'off' I say 'off' because recently she has been clicking shut down but closing the lid before the laptop has time to shut down I have no idea if this could effect bandwidth usage or anything But the oddest thing there is that I can still see her mac address connected when her laptop is in sleep mode I checked it today and she had a lot of updates to install which I assume pop up every day for her which she chooses to Strange network problems ignore Can any of this be affecting my network LAG I'm installing her updates now and hoping that I can play an online game again and have smooth working internet Any information no this appreciated Thanks Joey

A:Strange network problems

and if its not her connection, is it possible that my ISP has been throttling my bandwidth for 3 evenings in a row?!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-network-problems-581882.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My girlfriend and I have been getting strange behavior out of her laptop and wireless connections Misc details on hardware for reference Router D-Link DIR- wireless router Modem Motorola SURFboard modem Girlfriend s Laptop s Wireless card intel wifi link agn My Desktop Wirelss card n Wireless LAN card Our operating systems Windows for both computers Router Security WPA WPA Personal Connection Problems Strange Network speed mbps currently on my functioning desktop My girlfriend s laptop and my desktop are sitting right next to each other with only one thin wall separating us from the router The router is literally pushed up against the very same wall that our desks sit Strange Network Problems against We started to use this wireless router and modem fresh and new in October of last year Up until about this February both her laptop and my desktop computer have been able to connect to the internet just fine with very fast speeds and low ping The highest our ping would ever rise to would be about ms on a quot bad quot day Well in February my girlfriend s laptop started to experience intermittent extremely high lag spikes and slow connection speeds completely out of nowhere while my desktop is completely unaffected We could both go to the same webpages play the same games and generally go about life as usual but for some reason and entirely out of the blue my girlfriends wireless had begun to slow down entirely We play a lot of games together we d be playing the same game with each other at the same time and while in the past we would both run at - ms ping all of a sudden I will be at - ms and she will be at then then then then etc Her webpages load slowly and youtube is barely functional on her computer While the problem is still intermittent slow and laggy for hours on end then fine for a couple hours then slow again it has only increased in frequency of occurence over time It s very frustrating And again while all of this is happening to HER laptop MY computer is running absolutely fine I have had no connectivity problems myself period We are both connected to the same network Note we both run the same antivirus programs as well malwarebytes spybot search and destroy and avast with all of the same shields enabled and windows firewall Never used to be an issue On top of this bizarrely when she uses the small switch on the front of her laptop to switch off her wireless card I lose connection on my desktop entirely and completely until she switches her card back on Things we have tried to solve this -Turning router off on in seconds -Turning modem off on -Restarting her laptop -Turning off on her laptop s wireless card -Disabling enabling her wireless adapter -Disabling enabling her adapter drivers and updating them claims drivers are up to date -Doing a complete reset of the router back to factory condition then re-enabling WPA and changing its network name back to what it was -Disabling firewalls and antivirus programs -Ip release renew in the command prompt -Updating router firmware the firmware was in factory condition from October no laptop problems until about March laptop problems had begun then in march we updated the firmware to the newest version as an attempted fix It didn t help but the router is currently using the up-to-date firmware as compared to the firmware that worked in October -Deleting all temp files and clearing EVERYTHING under quot clear recent history quot in the Tools menu of Firefox -Scanning for malware with all three said antivirus programs -The connection is awful no matter whether only firefox with no background programs is running and a single tab up or if there are several things running at once So closing down all programs but one the connection is still slow Things of Note -Her computer runs as fine and fast as always at least when it comes to local processes Her non-internet games and programs load and run just fine at pretty respectable speeds only the internet connections are having this probl... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-problems.1051075/
Relevancy 41.28%

I ve been having this same problem for a couple months now It usually fixes itself after a while but I ve been unable to figure out what s causing it I ve been playing Warcraft for a while now but just recently it hasn t been able to access the network I know it s not my ISP or router because every other computer on my router can play it fine it s just this one Sp2 Network - Strange Problem Xp computer that doesn t work Even trying to connect to LAN games within my network Xp Sp2 - Strange Network Problem won t work It sounds like a firewall is completely Xp Sp2 - Strange Network Problem blocking the program I have disabled my firewall and anti-virus but I still can t access the network with it I ve checked my port forwarding for the program and it s set up fine I have tried completely un-installing and re-installing the program I have Windows Firewall disabled I believe I ve ruled out everything other than settings within the Windows XP SP operating system itself This has happened once before with Warcraft and once with Team Fortress Both began working again a couple weeks after the problem began

A:Xp Sp2 - Strange Network Problem

You could try the following general fixes.Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot. Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151897/xp-sp2-strange-network-problem/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey,

We have the following network configuration: internet-modem-switch-computers. Our isp only allows 15 computers of which we use 9, but apparently there is one computer in the network that is claiming multiple places on the modem and leaving none for the others.

If we look at the modem mac table we see that there is one mac address always returning, it looks like **.**:80:50:2C:B5 only the first 4 hexes are different.

We know the computer which is probably causing this (cause his mac address has the same last 8 hexes) but we can not find anything on that computer that is causing it, reinstalling nic, ...

Is there anyone with a similar problem our anyone who knows what can be causing this?

Thanks,
Robert

Relevancy 40.85%

This is my first time ever posting a question online so I hope it gets resolved lol Anyways I have win on my pc connect to the Can't network!! wifi I kept it on the other night and went off to bed Next day I go to work and Can't connect to the wifi network!! come back at night I see my comp can t connect to the wifi which it is supposed Can't connect to the wifi network!! to So I went on to restore it thinking it ll solve the problem which it should have but again it didn t I thought I didn t have a good restore point so I reinstalled a fresh copy of win on my pc but still the comp doesn t connect to the wifi I live in a student house there are eight of us and no one is having a problem like me What changed that day was during the time i was out my friends brought the router on the first floor from the basement which is infect closer to my room I have no problems connecting my phone to the wifi and I reinstalled the whole is on my pc so I don t seem to figure out what could be the problem I have integrated wifi on in my cpu Please help me out I am going bonkers with this problem nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

I bought today Lenovo Y50-70, it was without OS, so i installed windows 7 on it. Now im facing
problem, where at internet access there are no available wifi connections. So i installed WLAN driver from
the Lenovo support, also didn't help. I don't know much about drivers, but it seems that under device manager
-> Network Adapters is wireless network adapter or something like that missing and im out of ideas how to
fix it.
Btw, under network adapters are only bluetooth devices and my wireless usb device.

A:Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Tried Fn + F5?

Any option to enable/disable WLAN in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371530-network-adapter-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. Every now and then (mostly overnight) my Canon MG5350 needs to be rebooted because the computer doesn't see it over wifi. Doing so resolves it every time. I assumed it was a printer issue and just put up with it.
However I'm now also getting the same issues with my time machine and a remote mac that I want to connect to occasionally. Is this likely to be a setting in my router? The router itself doesn't seem to sleep. It's a TP-Link N600.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-dropouts-over-wifi-help-4611046/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok i ll put it in short words now i have a wireless router a windows enabled Wifi network problem laptop It started like this Wifi network problem the router and the laptop were connected i started fiddling around by logging into the router via entered the user name and password and did some changes in the configuration like WPS key or something don t perfectly remember Then the router got restarted and suddenly it was network protected its asking me for a network key to log in i e the wep or wpa key The router has changed the SSID from Pronet to my Laptop s name like e g John s Laptop Network and also i forgot to mention there was a windows screen which had told me to remember a password like thing in a yellow background I know this part is hard to explain but it usually tells you to remember passwords like these when you enter a network like public or home So is there a way to find such passwords which win prompted like is it stored in the computer somewhere Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I m using Windows home premium -bit I m having this strange problem where when I try to visit https pages in Firefox I get the error message sec error untrusted issuer The certificate is only valid for bthomehub home I ll try and paste in the full error message next time I see it But this only ever comes up when I am connected to my home wifi - when I connect through wifi at university I get no only wifi sec_error_untrusted_issuer network on one problems Also when this does happen http pages do load but much slower than usual When attempting to access the same pages with Internet Explorer or Chrome I also get error messages about certificates I doubt this is a problem with the router or internet connection since I ve only experienced these error messages and slowness with my laptop - when accessing the internet through my phone on wifi at home I have no problems Also temporarily changing the wifi password and connecting under the new password i e kicking off everyone else from the network makes no difference so I don t think it s caused by any other computer at home I don t always get these error messages at home - sometimes I can browse the internet normally up until around am then the problems reoccur Other times sec_error_untrusted_issuer on only one wifi network the problems start as soon as I get home A few days ago I tried changing the SSID of my home wifi network then reconnecting under the new name This made the problems go away However yesterday I tried doing the same thing again and it made no difference I have also tried deleting and re-adding my home wifi network under Manage wireless networks in control panel but this made no difference I ve seen other posts about this error message saying that it can be caused by incorrect time date settings I ve checked and mine are set correctly I ve also tried starting the computer in safe mode with networking - this made no difference AVG has picked up at least one virus I also ran Microsoft Security Essentials and that found more Adaware then found nothing but after seeing a similar post on here I ran ComboFix It said it removed something but the problem is still here I have also run the programs requested in the stickied thread So does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing this Thanks Edit Forgot to mention - I ve tried doing a system restore back to before the problems started but it gave an error message and didn t work Combofix ComboFix - - - Toby - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running from c users Toby Desktop ComboFix exe AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c programdata FullRemove exe C Recycle Bin c windows system drivers etc hosts ics c windows SysWow muzapp exe Infected copy of c windows SysWow userinit exe was found and disinfected Restored copy from - c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-userinit bf ad e none de ff userinit exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A EEEE - E- F -A B - F D F E offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Backup mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A EEEE - E- F -A B - F D F E mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users temp - - - - ------w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates DA CE-A A- F-A -B CDDAE gapaengine dll - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Security Client - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Microsoft Security Client - - -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sec_error_untrusted_issuer-on-only-one-wifi-network.1047825/
Relevancy 40.85%

Not sure if this the right place to ask but I need some help Okay for some reason I am unable to connect to my wifi network It was working fine Monday morning before I left for work but when I came back I got a message saying cannot connect Everyone else s laptops and tablets are working just fine It is just my laptop I ve been trying to fix it for the past few days but I ve gotten network. Can't to connect my wifi nowhere I tried everything I know to do I tried Trouble shooting Resetting amp unplugging the router Bringing back my laptop to an earlier date Checked amp changed the wifi name amp password I tried upgrading to windows though I went back to when it didn t work I even reset my laptop to its factory settings When I trouble shoot I get Can't connect to my wifi network. the following messages Cannot connect Try unplugging the router for seconds and try again Cannot connect to hidden network it s not hidden I been to the little router modem page for it and it says it is not my laptop just thinks it is Plus I can see it in my connection network list My laptop runs fine for the most part and it can connect via cable but I have to stay in the kitchen which is inconvenient for everyone My laptop is quite old though at least or years Might I need to buy a new one I d rather not if I can avoid it since like I said for the most part my laptop works fine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wifi-network.1166337/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Guys I've been having a weird wifi problem since last wifi network to connect Can't Friday For some reason my laptop can't connect Can't connect to wifi network to any Wifi network anymore Every time I try to connect I get the following messages - checking network requirements -Can't connect to this networkI've tried everything I found online and nothing worked -Uninstalling and Can't connect to wifi network reinstalling the wireless drivers Event with different versions - Did a windows system restore -Turning wireless driver on and off - Restore the computer to its factory state using the Lenovo OneKey recovery -Scan the computer with McAfee and Malwarebytes antimalware for any threat If I connect using ethernet everything works perfectly Computer Info -Lenovo G - -Model -Windows - bit-NIC Realtek RTL BE Wireless LAN n PCI-EI some how believe that this issue is related to some Windows update that messed up the wireless driver How ever I'm not sure if the updates are desinstall with the lenovo system restore Another thing that caught my atention is that if I go to Device Manager- gt Enter the properties of Realtek RTL BE Wireless LAN n PCI-E - gt Advance There are some missing Properties in the list like Network Address I'm not sure if that is important Please let me know if there is any other info you guys need Regards

A:Can't connect to wifi network

Hi
My wife has a Lenovo G50-45 with windows 8.1 64 bit and had an almost identical problem. A new Wi-Fi card fixed the problem.
Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589710/cant-connect-to-wifi-network/
Relevancy 40.85%

i need some help with a wireless network problem I have a Kcorps router running off ntl cable broadband i have two p c s and a laptop in the house One of the p c s and my daughters laptop can log onto the internet The problem arises with the p c upstairs which i can t get to make a connection I bought the kcorps klg gold card to match the router network Wifi woes I originally had it upstairs on my p c because the signal wasn t strong enough for the MSI one which came with my motherboard It worked straight away great I put the MSI one in the kids p c downstairs which is about foot from the router The signal kept dropping and the connection with it I bought a db gain aerial which didn t Wifi network woes help So I experimented by putting my network card in the kids p c Which worked straight away with an excellent reception strength I went to a local p c parts supplier and was recommended and sold a high gain card which loaded o k went through the process of assigning the card to the network it repeatedly failed to connect I checked in device manager all was as it should be I ensured that my network was the one that the card was logging on as the automatic choice It could see the network but would still not communicate I bought through ebay as i could not source one via a dealer a second Kcorps gold klg network card the same as my original which i was assuming would do the business I followed the installation to the letter installing the software first then shutting down the p c Installed the card and started up the p c I went through the installation process as instructed by windows went into device manager there it was this device is working and there are no conflicts It came up there are more than one networks available I assigned my as the automatic one Signal strength very good but still it will not make a connection to the network so i can get online Everytime i have removed a card and installed a new one a number changes on the end of the card description device manager i m currenrly on I have tried different pci slots i have cleansed the registry before reinstalling the device driver for the card and still it will not communicate with the network Surely two network card could not be faulty Has anyone got any idea where i may be going wrong it s driving me crackers All the p c s are running windows x p p c s on xp pro and the laptop xp home I won t even dare ask how you get them all to see each other on the network that would just be too much Help anyone please i could end up bald at this rate nbsp

A:Wifi network woes

You may want to ask a Moderator to move this post to the Networking forum. You may get a faster and better response. To contact a Mod, click on the small triangle at the top right side of your post. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-woes.608418/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer is having trouble connecting to one single wifi network. I have other devices connected to the network, so I know it works, my laptop won't connect, though. I thought Windows 8 may have been the problem, but it will connect to any other wifi but this one. I looked through this thread http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1027100-laptop-wont-connect-one-particular.html but it wasn't particularly easy for me to understand.

I have already done the easy troubleshooting steps, such as turning airplane mode off/on, forgetting the network and re-signing in, etc.

Thank you for your help!

Relevancy 40.85%

I need some trouble shooting tips to help me figure out whats wrong First of all this is a Toshiba bad card going maybe? WIFI/Network P -S laptop Windows bit I have been having trouble with a weak wifi signal and poor connectivity Here is a test I did My back bedroom is about rooms away from my router in the back of the house In my room I have this laptop I ll call and another laptop also I ll call Both laptops used to get full bars excellent signal strength now has bars and fair strength and very poor speed and connectivity while still has a great signal and does great on speedtest net getting - Mbps download which is great If I run the speed test on it is variable from - Mbps download and sometimes looses connectivity and won t even WIFI/Network card going bad maybe? complete the test The problem has been getting worse over time If I take my lappy next to the router it is much improved but still doesn t get the speeds that it should I also tried plugging in a network cable directly into the router no wifi and it still is impaired Do I need a new wifi card in my lappy Would this effect it also when it s plugged in with a network cable P S I have already reinstalled the correct driver for the wifi and that did nothing for it nbsp

A:WIFI/Network card going bad maybe?

would you run xirrus and see what sort of signals you are getting please - see below

just and idea try

- try safemode with networking (sometimes wireless does not work with safemode )

For other windows version, XP,Vista, W7 as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works with better connection and speed - just in case something is interfering

It useful to know which program is controlling the wireless management, if this is a manufacturer or windows software

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert carefully and firmly several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+Prnt... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-card-going-bad-maybe.1127203/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey All new to the forum thanks for the replies in advance and I m sorry if Drops Network WiFi I m not explaining it in the correct terms WiFi Network Drops My issue seems to be with my computer Often when I am connected to my WiFi router my internet service and subsequent connection to the network drops inexplicably My computer will claim WiFi Network Drops it is no longer connected When I attempt to reconnect the computer claims it cannot The troubleshooter also cannot find an issue All the while other devices and computers on the network will be perfectly connected without interruption The only way to fix this is to actually go to the router reset it and wait This can happen within minute of being reset minute an hour or WiFi Network Drops sometimes days go by without it being an issue No rhyme No reason That I can find Other times my network will just slow down I ll see the connection drop from full signal to bars If I catch it then I can run the troubleshooter and everything will be restored although the message the computer returns is that there was no problem found Either this or if I turn off my wifi then turn it back on reconnect to my network boom speed restored This is driving me insane I can t seem to fix it Any help is appreciated as I am quite tired of having to march across the room - times every day to reset this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-drops.1155555/
Relevancy 40.85%

hey there,                  I have active WIFI connection at my home. My Hp laptop gets connected to it. But sometimes itautomatically gets disconnected. And after sometime it get connected automatically. I am not understanding what the issue is. Can u suggest any solution for this??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/not-connecting-to-the-wifi-network-sometimes/td-p/5844710
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,
first timer here. The wifi icon shows me connected to my network, but the net & email will not display. I can get online directly connected to the modem, but our router a belkin doesn't cooperate. (3 laptops connected to a router, the desktop also connected). I pinged the ip address, and it came back fine, but the dynamic & static doesn't. What am I missing? I had thought I was intermediate, but perhaps a little lower on the knowledge scale.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I'm using an old Dell dim 4400 I had it set up with wireless internet I unplugged it the usb adapter for a few hours and plugged it back it in to connect now I cannot get it to connect again. All the other pc's are connected to the same wi-fi net. Any suggestions? By the way it's an old XP dell dim4400 pc if that matters. Not sure what info you'll need to assist so please ask

A:Can not reconnect to my wifi network...

what version of windows are you running? sounds like maybe a driver issue..? click start-->right click "My Computer"-->cilck properties-->hardware tab up top then device manager see under the "Network Adapters" (click the plus sign beside it to open it up (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE USB ADAPTER PLUGGED IN BEFORE YOU DO THIS) also download our system scan utility save it then run it and copy-paste the results here. click here to DL it http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-reconnect-to-my-wifi-network.1096141/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all My Wifi isnt detecting WIFI not network detecting my home network Whats strange that WIFI not detecting network it happened on a turn off WIFI not detecting network on from the computer i did not install anything At first the network was detecting the home network but WIFI not detecting network wasnt able to connect meanwhile other devices a phone and a table could however now i cant detect any network mine or from neighbors which appear on my phone I ve tried to reboot the PC turn the card fn f on and off disabling the card on the device manager and i cant find the driver for it Its a notebook CCE Info Onix -B not sure if its a Brazilian trademark only anyway The card is a Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Something else me is that on the device manager the name has a quot TEST quot at the end of the name not sure if its nomenclature only alsol theres a triangle with a on it indicating some issue which i dont know how to specify Any ideas to fix i can provide any necessary information Thanks nbsp

A:WIFI not detecting network

Try re-installing the driver.

Get the one that matches your version of Windows here :- http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...ownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#2781

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-detecting-network.1111920/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am not being able to connect to any of the wifi networks. When I try to connect it keeps saying "Can't connect to this network". I've tried searching solution for this in eightforum and Google but none worked. Things I did:
Forget network & tried reconnecting
Reset router
Uninstall/Reinstall/Update Network adapter drivers
Clean install windows 8

The last time I was able to connect to the network was a week ago.

I found that when I turn on hotspot in my android smartphone, my laptop gets connected to it. But I can't connect to any other wireless networks.

So guys can you help me resolve it?

A:[wifi] Can't connect to this network [Win 8]

Welcome to Eight Forums,

Just a little experiment to do.... if your laptop has a bluetooth try disabling it, that goes as well to the ethernet adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64677-wifi-cant-connect-network-win-8-a.html