Windows Support Forum

Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

Q: Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Debating on going wireless or not Have an Asus M A TD EVO that has RTL E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET So Gigabit Im thinking at least I am wire into my router which puts out high speed and low ping to wireless Standard Ethernet cables supply the data pipeline not sure what the transfer speed is on them If anyone can let me know cable ethernet card wifi speed questions question with and Network that would be great I have been eyeballing the super speed ethernet cables but not sure if it would solve the ping issues I have with desktop being too high and the cost for a ' line Tried finding a wireless card that handles N network and Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question Ghz for my dual band What is the standard ethernet cable speed Can the standard ethernet cable from router to computer be causing high ping have second computer with ' cable same issue Would it be better to go wireless and forego the wired ethernet cable What wireless card would you recommend

A:Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

UGH

1- what kind of cable? cat 5, cat5 E, cat 6?

2-Yes if cheap, old, or not shielded.

3-Not if you are transfering large amounts of data on your internal LAN

4-An 802.11 "N" card

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218711-network-speed-ethernet-cable-questions-wifi-card-question.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Friends on my Compaq DC7600 with a typical Broadcom ethernet controller, running Windows 8 Enterprise RTM 32-bit, the network performance is unreliable. With my windows 7 hdd in and running its flawless. If I still a USB wireless device in and run it to the same access point as is hosting the cabled connection, it is fast/furious. Sometimes the network link via CAT5 will start off with a blaze but then quickly drop to a crawl inside of 1sec.
Anyone seen this?

On ordinary internet traffic, flipping through web pages, it seems "normal" but the halt/herky/jerky disease triggers on any long-download item [such as a speedtest or a file download]

clues? Should I replace the default windows 8-installed driver with something else?

A:Unstable Broadcom/CAT5/Ethernet network speed. Is the driver buggy?

Have you tried shutting everything down - power off - leave for a few minutes and then power up.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9298-unstable-broadcom-cat5-ethernet-network-speed-driver-buggy.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello Eight-forums Since I installed Windows my download speed gets huge drops My ping and upload speeds are fine but only my download speed has problems I am using a wireless network adapter Asus PCE-N Before I installed W I had no issues at all with it I already tried installing different drivers and I am now using the latest version from the chipset maker Realtek RTL CE-VA version I installed it manually through the device manager I also use the wireless connection g because my router is not compatible with n I do think it is a software based problem because the hardware is only months Unstable WiFi Windows download speed installing 8.1: After old and worked fine on Windows Other computers in my house don't have any instability problems I can maybe use a cable for internet but that would go through my hole house so that's not a solution I added a picture of the ipconfig all maybe it is useful for your guys Here is also a picture of the latest speed-test I did ping and upload are fine but download is very bad it stays at the start for some seconds and then it gets a big peak This test is one of the worse Also here is the graph of the download speed it is really not stable I hope After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed someone finds a solution for me because I am getting really frustrated after some time I also don't want to reinstall I also have heard that many other people have different WiFi problems with Windows Edit I After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed already changed the After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed channel of my router so it is not interfering with each other Greetings killerboye

A:After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed

Have you tried the Asus driver as it seems both the Realtek and the Asus drivers are a bit problematic with Windows 8.1.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download PCE-N15

Windows 8.1 compatibility for Asus PCE-N15 Wireless Network Adapter model

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34205-after-installing-windows-8-1-unstable-wifi-download-speed.html
Relevancy 76.11%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 73.96%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 73.96%

Is there somewhere in Windows XP, 7, and 8 to have it use the ethernet cable only when plugged in even with WiFi enabled or connected?

A:Prefer ethernet cable over WiFi?

When my Ethernet cable is plugged into the modem, it automatically supercedes wireless connection.

I.E. - When using PS3, I plug in cable and that is the one that is recognized - if I unplug it, wireless takes over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339871-prefer-ethernet-cable-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

A:Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

If you can't connect with Wi-Fi plugging in an Ethernet cable is bypassing the wireless entirely. Have you checked Control Panel, Device Manager [or right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager], see if maybe you need to download then install drivers for your Wireless Network adapter? Check the Network work section, are there any yellow symbols there? Is the Wireless adapter listed? If so maybe it needs to have the drivers updated, right-click and make the choice while still connected. The downside to Upgrading to Win10 is the "it worked in Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1" doesn't guarantee it works in Win10 without updating drivers that Microsoft may not yet have available, they usually come from the manufacturer of devices.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18262-wifi-not-connecting-without-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Everyone
I wonder if anyone can help me please.
Make HP g56 Laptop
ISP Virgin Media Cable 150 meg connection
Router Virgin Media Superhub
Norton Intternet Security
No other protection is turned on

I have two computers connected to the Hub

My wifes computer fujitsu 4 core runs at the true 150 meg speed with wired ethernet cable (Perfect)

My laptop however runs at half speed with wired ethernet connection. In fact it runs at the same speed as it does when connecting via wireless to the same superhub. about 75 megs.

I have posted an ipconfig image if this is any help.

Kindest Regards

Anthony George

A:HP Laptop running same speed on ethernet cable as Wireless

Hi .... You have to remember it is up to 150mb ... You will not get this speed all the time ..

Have you just got Virgin Installed lately if so it takes some time to settle ...

Also does your Network Adapter support the top speed ? ...
As for wireless and Lan connections they can be the same speed with Virgin ... Though you should be getting more than 75mb at times ....
Virgin Media - Extremely fast broadband speeds

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369043-hp-laptop-running-same-speed-ethernet-cable-wireless.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there,

So in the past my laptop has been able to connect directly to the internet using an Cat5e cable, but recently when I have been trying to direct connect, I have been unable to, and not sure when the problem started because I always used WiFi and it worked great. I do a lot of messing around, not only with my network, but with my laptop settings also, so something might have gone bunko. I have done much troubleshooitng, such as trying to update drivers, checking to see if the hardware was disabled, etc... And I am out of ideas! Please, anything helps!

A:Ethernet Cable Not Recognized by Laptop, but Wifi is

can we see an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-recognized-by-laptop-but-wifi-is.1059231/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, i have been experiencing BSODs for 3 days not. At first it started when I connected to WiFi, so i switched to ethernet cable. Now it crashes when i am using the ethernet cable as well. I tried searching for solutions but i don't understand much about computers. I have the minidump file but i don't know how to show them here. I tried using driver verifier and now it crashes every 20 minutes without even connecting to the internet. I cant put my computer into safe mode, it reboots even if i press shift +f8 and i cant create recovery disk. Can anyone please help me solve this.

A:BSOD when connecting to wifi and using ethernet cable

At one point during the repeated boots you should get a prompt to try startup/automatic repair.
You can also try forcing a restart when the little spinning dial is at the bottom of boot screen (by holding down the power button)
Select that, and then you can select Safe Mode to boot into.

Try each one of the options here: Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in
If you still can't get into Safe Mode, you can always boot using your recovery media in order to access Startup Repair.

The very first thing to do in Safe Mode is to disable Driver Verifier
To do this, open up verifier.exe and select "Delete existing settings". Then click on Finish and reboot to let the changes take effect.

To upload the minidump file, zip it up and then upload it using the Attachments tool below the reply box.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63057-bsod-when-connecting-wifi-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

I just bought a new router the ASUS RT-N56U .

After setting it up getting ISP provided information everything seemed to work fine but i then i done a speedtest with the ethernet cable plugged in and it would start off at 8Mb/s then would instantly drop to less than 0.5 Mb/s Here is a picture of what it looks like http://prntscr.com/7z9jcl I don't know how to fix it because when im on wireless only it works perfectly fine is there anything i can do?

A:Solved: Get huge speed drop on ethernet cable not on wireless!!!

There are a lot a variables. How is your cable made? Is it a store bought cable? Did you make it? Is it run or is it just laying on the floor run from router to PC? A little more info might help but ultimately it might come down to without being there to test the actual cable and NiC we won't be able to know for sure.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-get-huge-speed-drop-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless.1152628/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello folks,

This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with.

I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket router, Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered: Computers Accessories which I think can be used for this purpose. I just want to confirm, it is indeed possible.

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51622-connecting-wifi-physical-router-ethernet-cable-use.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 72.24%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Without too much information I'm learning how to use network. using Using WIFI between whilst Ethernet Cable devices Beckhoff hardware I have a motor rigged up to a PLC that is programmable via Ethernet using a software called Twincat I'm a hardware person so hooking it up was no problem But I'm venturing out into the world of PLC programming which I'm finding quite new and difficult I use Google YouTube internet services to aid me in learning this The problem is to connect with the PLC my Ethernet port needs to Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network. be active Whilst connected whilst programming I'd like to connect to the internet via WIFI I've found a multitude of forums with instructions to change the priority of the network connections using metrics and all that but none of the solutions allow me to connect to both Is it really impossible to connect with a device via Ethernet whilst connected to the internet using WIFI I don't know the exact specs for all the different hardware cards on my laptop but its a HP ZBook running windows Much obliged

A:Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network.

You may need a crossover cable.

How is everything connected ?

A router ? A switch ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394041-using-ethernet-cable-between-devices-whilst-using-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and quot She who must be LAN devices even (via ETHERNET - Bridge) Wifi Cable for free obeyed quot was complaining about number of boxes gadgets flashing lights etc under the TV so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box main router so this I found was a really woman friendly solution for masses of LAN cable etc etc If you have fast Wifi and you have some Ethernet only gear connected away from your Router Cablebox you can use a quot Wireless Bridge quot -- It's possible to quot Hobble quot some old routers via DD-WRT but not all routers do that and you might LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) want to use fast wifi connectors Some modern cheap routers now allow quot Wireless Bridging quot too You need to set the second router up as your wireless bridge and then plug the LAN cables from your devices into that router which will connect wirelessly to your network I found this Router actually very good -- also works on new ac protocol up to Mbs in the GHZ band so plenty for your server streaming devices IPlugged the NAS'es Ethernet connectors into the lan connects on the quot Bridge Router quot -- works fine This one was EUR inc Tax Edimax BR- AC Wi-Fi Ethernet LAN Dual-band Router - Grey It does work as WIFI Bridge -- you have to LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) ensure your router can do that function if you buy LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) a new router If you have fast wifi and want to get rid of LAN cables and move boxes like NAS boxes into spare closets etc out of the way then IMO this is the way to go Smart TV's Chromecast etc etc can all be controlled via smart phones too - avoiding a quot Handset jungle quot as well I had to go down this route as she absolutely put her foot down with one single more wire or quot box quot being installed near the main TV Cheers jimbo

A:LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

We hooked a powerline 1200 with gigabit ports up to our tv and it does the job nicely. It lives behind the tv and therefore is out of site. My NAS is also powerlined 1200 connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43717-lan-cable-free-even-ethernet-devices-via-wifi-bridge.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I bought a third-party USB-C to ethernet adapter to test my internet speed and found that it is not much faster than if I use the wifi. I always thought that LAN speed is faster than Wifi? Or is there something wrong with my cheap (US$20) USB-C to ethernet adapter? Hope to gain some insights at this forum for this first-time Lenovo user.Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-Ethernet-speed-same-as-wifi/td-p/3399319
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have wi fi in my home that is running fine My phone etc is getting about mbps for downloading and for uploading which is normal for me My desktop however had a virus issue and I had to take it to be way wifi suddenly is slower than Speed Ethernet repaired It is repaired and I brought it home and hooked it up EXACTLY as it was before I took it to be repaired It is hardwired directly to modem but it is only getting about mbps downloading and uploading I called my internet provider and they tried to help but said everything looks good on their end and that it was a computer issue The shop that repaired it is closed today and I am in Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi the middle of a deadline and I NEED this fixed it is Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi an ACER computer so I called their Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi helpline but because it is out of warranty they wanted me to pay for them to tell me how to fix it He suggested it was a setting on the computer that needed changed but I have been looking for HOURS and can not find the solution PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 71.38%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 70.95%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 70.95%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 70.95%

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 64.93%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Gang,

I have Earthlink DSL. 6000mbps. I recently purchased a laptop. I'm thinking of getting an Ethernet splitter and extra cable so my laptop can also have dsl.

Will this cause my dsl to be slower in both connections? By how much?

A:If I Split My Ethernet Cable into two will the speed of my dsl be split in two?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-i-split-my-ethernet-cable-into-two-will-the-speed-of-my-dsl-be-split-in-two.847196/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 60.2%

So about a year my laptop got water on it ... send it to fix last week and it works now !
went to TWC to get a modem And the modem works pecfectly fine on My regualar Computer but no my Laptop
I doesnt even blink when i connect the ethernet cable ?
What can vb ethe problem??

A:Sony vaio wont recognize cable modem or ethernet cable?

you need drivers , for the devices with a yellow ! - possibly the chipset
its possible the hardware is damaged , because of the water issue

however, post back the exact sony model and windows version and can look for drivers - should be on the sony support site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-wont-recognize-cable-modem-or-ethernet-cable.1121901/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi A week ago my computer suddenly could not connect to the internet I was using a cable directly connected to the cable modem Since then I ve tried Added a WiFi router connected to the cable modem Tried using the WiFi card built in to the computer It connects but reports quot limited access quot and there is no connection to the internet and I can t access the router itself Bought a new Ethernet card installed the drivers that came with it I ve tried it connected through the WiFi router s hard ports and directly to the modem Hard resets power cycling off minutes on the modem each time and still no Using ethernet Lost Cable modem, connection Internet. to cable. connection In device manager both Ethernet cards show as quot working normally quot with no errors So does the WiFi card ipconfig shows only quot tunneling quot devices with media disconnected Lost connection to Internet. Using Cable modem, ethernet cable. I ve uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the on-baord Ethernet the WiFi card and the new Ethernet card After reading some other posts I captured the output from ipconfig and several netsh commands I ve attached them to this post The files starting with netsh are basically the command entered with underscores replacing the spaces from the commands used to generate them I also borrowed another computer It connects both directly through the cable modem and using the Ethernet ports on the router It doesn t have WiFi so I couldn t test that method of access It can also connect to and configure the router but I haven t made any changes The router is a NetGear G N Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Sloan nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello there, i've just built my pc installed all new drivers from mobo and the ethernet cable is plugged into the mobo but windows 10 tells me i still need to connect a ethernet cable into the pc... i do not know what is wrong and i can't see an option in my bios of ethernet cable? if anyone can help i would be really appreciative.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389431-new-pc-wont-find-my-ethernet-cable-there-no-light-cable-fine.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I bought a new Thinkpad X260 with windows 10. But i am facing a problem with the Ethernet card. The internet connection is no stable. For example, the response for a ping in the local network can take between 1ms, 800 ms or even no answer. We already check our network and it is working correctly. In fact the computer works fine in the docking station or with the WLAN interface and always getiing an answer for a ping in less than 2ms.I already updated the driver ethernet driver to the newest version. Do you have some suggestions that can be helpful? Thanks Cris

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X260-Ethernet-card-unstable/td-p/3334974
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I have a brand new Dell Precision Workstation with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have not been able to connect to networks or the internet. It does not recognize that it is plugged into the network/internet via an ethernet cable. The computer has a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter which appears to be detected and running normally. However it says "network cable unplugged" even though it is fully plugged in. Does anyone know of a solution or what the problem may be?

A:Network cable unplugged message when using ethernet cable

Is that your only connection? What is your network setup? Are you running through a router or a switch?

Try another cable. That one may be bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121044-network-cable-unplugged-message-when-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

after upgrading from W7 Pro to W10 Pro the ethernet connection has become unstable (WiFi works fine).

It's always the same error: "NDIS: ... network interface has been reset ... network driver has requested a reset ..." (roughly translated - de > en). A 'ping -t <anything>' will sooner or later and repeatedly show timeouts or general failures.

One side effect (hint) is that when it happens touchpad and cableless mouse are stuck / stutter.

The problem definitely started after upgrading to Windows 10 because Acronis backups never failed under Windows 7. But under Windows 10 the very first backup (and subsequent attempts too) failed with network errors.

Regards,
J?rg

----------

P.S.: Everything else works perfectly under W10 on this 'ancient' Laptop.

A:Tecra A9 - Windows 10 - Network (Ethernet) unstable

Hi

Did you find a solution?
I've got the same problem and have no idea how to solve it.

Greetings
gunnar

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83905-Tecra-A9-Windows-10-Network-(Ethernet)-unstable
Relevancy 58.48%

My ethernet port has been not been working for a few months. I go to my networks and there is no ethernet adapter listed...only a wireless adapter. Also, it does not show up in device manager. I reinstalled the driver and then restarted my computer. My ethernet port worked for a little bit, but when I used my computer the next day it did not work, and the ethernet adapter was no longer in device manager. Anyone know what's up?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there,

I have a desktop with Windows XP (SP2 32-bit) and a Dell Laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit). Both have one Network Interface card each. Desktop's NIC is connected to a cable modem for internet. I wish to run internet on both the systems, for that I bought a USB-to-ETHERNET connector and an ethernet cable, so that I could connect USB end to the desktop and the other end (with ethernet cable) to my lappy, and could be able to share internet connection. The USB-to-ETHERNET connector came with an installation cd which I have installed already and I have setup the whole connection but unable to share the internet connection. May be there is some configuration problem or so.. Internet is running fine on desktop. Please help...
Thanks in advance..!!!

PS- I am able to connect both the systems by connecting ethernet cable to both NICs.

A:networking using USB-to-ETHERNET connector and an ethernet cable

Upgrade the XP to SP3.

Then show for both systems ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-using-usb-to-ethernet-connector-and-an-ethernet-cable.991761/
Relevancy 58.48%

so i have been trying everything and was about to go to a pc tech when i found this site so here is whats wrong any and every speed test i run has me pinging my local city at ms the download twitches from - - - - - - - mbps and ends with - mbps the upload speed is smooth but caps at mbps i am on comcast and all the other pc in my house get ms ping mbps down and internet unstable speed mbps up i have installed and ran Sophos Protection ad-aware antivirus spy-bot they did not find anything really bad some cookies and a items from an old toolbar in the registry when i boot to safe mode with network i get better ping but my up and download are still not right i am on windows vista asus laptop g vx please help thank you ps dont know if i posted in the wrong place or not sorry if i did

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458962/internet-speed-unstable/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,
I'm using windows 7 x64

I made a fresh install couple of days ago, and I'm experiencing this problem ever since.

I noticed the problem while I was playing a LAN game.
The game lagged alot, and was unplayable.
When I played the game offline it worked fine.

I went to Speedtest.net and had a ping of 500+ ms,
and when the download speed was tested it wasn't consistent, the speed changed every second (+-1 MBps every second).

I made another test using my iPhone after connecting to the same network via wi-fi. the ping showed 40ms and the download speed was consistent.

My drivers are up to date,
Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find similar problem on the internet.
Hope to find my help here

Thanks for your time!

p.s I tried connecting via both wi-fi and direct Cable, same results

A:Low latency and unstable speed

Have you tested your PC's Latency? DPC Latency Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94680-low-latency-unstable-speed.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have to Ethernet just from DSL? Cable I Modem Can swap Cable a cable modem attached to a network router cascaded to other routers - different vendors routers but it works to attach computers The PCs use a lot of data bandwith part of the day and works well generally but the cable modem sometimes has outages and its important we get network working again We have no IT support So thank you in advance for any direction you can provide I also have a DSL line router that is not attached to anything except it provides wireless Question Can I just swing the cable from the cable modem over to the DSL router and expect internet to work I tried it one day and it worked but we had very limited usage I tried it another time when the cable modem internet failed - and it didn Can I just swap Ethernet Cable from Cable Modem to DSL? t seem to work The usage was much higher so I don t know if the amount of data or the required quot handshake quot would take longer or what can you advise This is just vanilla internet connection No VPN or such The applications can be shut down and reopened But we would rather not have to reboot the PCs Second question would be if I have both DSL and Cable Modem sitting next to each other - can I attach both so they can both be used and provide back up nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

The pc ethernet port has worked up to this point I ll just tell you what happened Somehow the tip of the speaker connection managed to pcs. detected. Cable not Ethernet being cable other works on get stuck in the green port After reading about what to do online i opened up the pc and managed to open the back of the sound ports and push out Ethernet cable not being detected. Cable works on other pcs. the tip with a paperclip But when I started up the pc again the ethernet cable wasent being dectected I ve tried the cable out with the laptop and it works i ve also tried a different cable into the pc and that isint being detected either works with laptop The drivers should be upto date I had to remove the power supply cables from the inside of the computer to get at the sound ports maybe i didnt put them back right What cable controls the ethernet port I m a bit lost the lights on the lan port Ethernet cable not being detected. Cable works on other pcs. dont light up either Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have had my computer for years and it has worked great sec unstable, dropping 5 reconects Ethernet and every connection Wired i got a new router bout months ago and it works great about weeks ago my desktop's connection which is wired basically stopped working It lets me get online but Wired Ethernet connection unstable, dropping every 5 sec and reconects the connection either keeps dropping or just doesnt work Ive watched my connection and it will disconnect alot and instantly reconnect I can Wired Ethernet connection unstable, dropping every 5 sec and reconects get online but my page takes half a minute to load and sometimes Wired Ethernet connection unstable, dropping every 5 sec and reconects it just wont load and say it cannot connect to the web page I have tried google chrome and media firefox and they dont work either I have reset modem and router many times and that didnt help even a bit I have switched routers and that didnt help either In networking safe mode my connection is completely stable and it runs fast and loads everything I have ran norton and malawarebytes many times and my connection is still unstable I have stwitched ethernet cords too and that didnt help either I have two labtops and a ps and their connection works completely fine so it would just be my computer Since it runs great in networking mode it might be hardware but i dont know what It might not be hardware though because i am nowhere near a computer knowledgable If anyone has any suggestions please give them i really dont know what to do

A:Wired Ethernet connection unstable, dropping every 5 sec and reconects

If the Ethernet connection is working great in the Safe Mode with Networking then the modem/router is just fine. The problem is due to something going haywire in the normal mode. Probably corruption in the Registry.

Two solutions come to mind. The first is restoring an image before the trouble started. In case you keep images then this is the better choice. Otherwise restore the computer to a previous state by System Restore when it was giving a trouble-free connection to the Net.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221456-wired-ethernet-connection-unstable-dropping-every-5-sec-reconects.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys,

recently I've been experiencing some very weird internet connection issues.

my internet connection has become very unstable at times, it can be as slow as in the low 100kbps sometimes, or sometimes it can be as fast as 1mbps.

My internet service provider is Verizon and I have DSL on my computer.

I uses a Westell Modem with a Linksys wireless B Broadband router.

Do anyone know what is causing this problem?

I did notice that my internet connection speed seems to speed up after midnight.
thxs

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have this problem with my laptop If i am using a cable to connect to the internet and then unplug it and switch to wireless connection the internet connection gets unstable when to cable from internet connection changing wireless Unstable The thing is it says it is connected to the right wireless connection AND it claims to have internet connection - And i do - for Unstable internet connection when changing from cable to wireless a few minutes If i deactivate activate the wireless internet i am able to surf around for a few minutes again but then it does the same thing again - shows up as having internet connection but im unable to connect to it Strangest thing is that i am sometimes able to connect to the internet ONLY if another computer is using the wireless internet too It still shows up as recieving a nice signal with internet access even though i cant connect to the internet The same problem also occurs sometimes when im switching from one wireless connection at home etc to another work etc I've had this problem for a few months now Comming to think of it i might have had this problem ever since i got my laptop Rebooting my computer fixes it every time but it's not a permanent solution Im running original Windows Home Premium x which came with the laptop Also im not using static ip or anything like that - switching to static ip doesn't do the trick Running ipconfig all command from cmd also shows me as connected to the right router The problem occurs every time i switch between cable and wireless and not only at my home or work but also at friends I'm not sure if i need to leave any more details if i've left anything out just let me know Hope you guys can help me out thanks in advance Edit Also im sorry if this is a thread comming up here a lot I've been searching for a solution to this problem for a long time but i don't really know what to search for or how to narrow it down so i decided to try my luck out here

A:Unstable internet connection when changing from cable to wireless

It's almost certainly the settings on your WiFi adapter, unless you are in a really congested WiFi zone or your WiFi signal is very weak.

Step one; Open Control Panel, then Device Manager, look for Network Adapters, expand the list to show your ethernet and WiFi adapters. Right click on the WiFi adapter. Choose properties, and look under in particular the Advanced and the Power Management tabs. Turn off "allow this device to be turned off when not in use" under Power Management. In the advanced tab I cannot predict what your options will be as it's adapter specific - and in 90% of cases these adapters are set at failsafe values instead of optimal values.

Step two; Google the optimised settings for your adapter, or refer to the user documentation, and change anything which is handicapping it.

If problems aren't solved at this stage look in your Router or Access Point's settings. Try different channels. See whether the router (and adapter) are set to B,G,N protocols and adjust as necessary.

Should this not solve the problem then post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209645-unstable-internet-connection-when-changing-cable-wireless.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I m having a lot of wifi issues with my new PC Unstable on new connection wifi PC The rest of it works perfectly but the wifi connection is giving Unstable wifi connection on new PC me nightmares It always appears as connected but it is totally unstable making it impossible to use it The strange part is that those problems are totally random and at a point selective Chrome may be loading Google and Facebook no problem but Twitter gets stuck At the same time I m using Jdownloader at Mb s speed and League of Legends can t connect to the server I ve tried everything Unstable wifi connection on new PC I could find changing drivers configuration registry keys and even a full reinstallation of Windows Something to notice is that right after the reinstallation it worked perfectly and it was getting worse every hour until it was completelly impossible to use it Right now it only loads a webpage every minutes I m using Windows and these are my PC components CPU AMD FX X Black Edition x GHz Turbo mode MB Gigabyte A-DS P GC Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX OC Gb RAM Kingston HyperX Gb DDR x Gb HDD WD Caviar Blue Gb RPM Sata- Gb s PSU Tacens Radix VII AG W SSD SSD Samsung Evo Gb Box NOX NXCBAYSX Wi-fi card Realtek RTL CE Please help me it s horrible to have a new PC and not being able to use it nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
I recently purchased a used computer (Power Spec) , that had been updated to 10. At first , it ran, ok.. I have had it since whenever the super bowl weekend was, and it's had one more update since then. WiFi connection is very unstable, stays connected to Skype for the most part, but after a while it starts freezing and pages won't load while using chrome browser.All other devices work fine.I downloaded Kapersky tonight, only to uninstall an hour later. Found out it's problematic, and was not recommended. Prior to uninstall, I was unable to log back in to computer. I got as far as splash screen, and I wasn't able to enter pin. My last issue is, the previous owners user account: would like to delete it. I can post any reports or specs later today, if that helps.
Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-wifi-connection.1167523/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, just bought new E5 laptop with Asus linux on board. Setup ubuntu and was able to find drivers for WIFI card in internet. But problem comes 10 minutes after when network just "freeze" - I was not able to load any page or resource, but same time ping in terminal remains stable and with minimal latency. Mac and my phone was connected to same network and work ok. After ~30 minutes networks start works with not reason, but then 10 or 15 minutes later everything freeze again. Any suggestions? Any official linux drivers from Acer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/e5-575G-wifi-unstable/td-p/454741
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, has anyone got linksys wmp300n stable on 64bit RC?

A:wifi unstable with wmp300n

winreless NICs are always an iffie with Windows 7. I have been fortunate enough for my 2 to work correctly....

are you using the drivers supplied by Windows?

Have you tried a Windows update to see if there are more?

If you have a version 1, here are the latest drivers, but the ones provided by windows may be the best:
http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/...N_20071019.exe

How is it not stable? What are the symptoms?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/17979-wifi-unstable-wmp300n.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have recently switched to Ethernet connection on my computer so to increase my internet speed. But when i do a speed test on any speed test site, it always repeatadly freezes during the test and the speed goes up and down constantly. I should be getting 30mb internet but due to this strange problem i get an average of 7-11mb.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2156861063.png

you can see how unstable the internet is on wired connection.

I have turned my firewall off to try that and it made no difference. But i am think maybe Avast free 7 might be causing some problems.

I have also tried the same cable on a mac and a laptop and another pc and its fine so i am sure something on my PC is the problem :/

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys, please I need help!

When I'm downloading (with Firefox 3.5) the download speed is very very unstable. My connection speed is 3.2Mb, and even when i'm downloading a file with good providers like Ubuntu my speed is like: Start at 80kb..100kb..3.2Mb then 3.0..3.1...90kb, 128kb..200kb..287kb..3.2Mb..2.8Mb..... This all in seconds!!

So what i did, with another computer (my brother) i make a speed test with the same file (Ubuntu), on mine brother PC, the download is stable, like this: 3.4Mb..3.3Mb..3.4Mb..3.4Mb! STABLE! But he is on Windows XP Pro i'm on Windows 7 RC (Build 7100).

Same scenario with mine brother computer (same file, same browser, same network and same location).

I can't figure out what is the problem! Can be Windows 7 RC the problem?

My computer was not runing any P2P program or direct download!

A:Windows 7 Super Unstable Download Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by TheTemplai

Hi guys, please I need help!

When I'm downloading (with Firefox 3.5) the download speed is very very unstable. My connection speed is 3.2Mb, and even when i'm downloading a file with good providers like Ubuntu my speed is like: Start at 80kb..100kb..3.2Mb then 3.0..3.1...90kb, 128kb..200kb..287kb..3.2Mb..2.8Mb..... This all in seconds!!

So what i did, with another computer (my brother) i make a speed test with the same file (Ubuntu), on mine brother PC, the download is stable, like this: 3.4Mb..3.3Mb..3.4Mb..3.4Mb! STABLE! But he is on Windows XP Pro i'm on Windows 7 RC (Build 7100).

Same scenario with mine brother computer (same file, same browser, same network and same location).

I can't figure out what is the problem! Can be Windows 7 RC the problem?

My computer was not runing any P2P program or direct download!

First RC will start timing out within a month so you are going to have to change anyway.

Second I suspect you are running homegroup. Homegroup should not be used on mixed OS networks. since you have XP ubuntu, and win7 you should be using the workgroup model. asy enough to verify. simply create a new network using workgroup and if it fixes you problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56238-windows-7-super-unstable-download-speed.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My Surface 2 has this issue where it is connected to the wireless network at first and then it gets limited connection followed by no connection until it re- connects. Sometimes it happens a lot, other times a bit more rarely but overall I feel it has been getting worse lately.

I have tried turning off the router as well as removing that specific connection from the Surface through command prompt and re-connect, but neither has helped.

I have tried trouble shooting the network to no avail, and according to device manager my network drivers are up to date so I don't know what's going on.

Is this a common issue and how might I fix it= I'm a bit clueless I'm afraid and I hope something isn't broken...

A:Surface 2: Unstable Wifi Connection

What is the manufacturer & model of your router? What channel is your Wifi on in the Wireless settings for the router, if you are not using a separate WiFi Access Point. Also you can go to http://files.metageek.net/downloads/...r-3.0.7.48.msi and see if this older version of inSSIDer will run on your Surface 2.

This way you can find out which channels are more congested around your residence, so you can find a less congested one to manually set your Wifi on the router to.

I use Channel 1 & 5 on my Engenius ECB350 A/P for Wireless-n, which are the two less congested channels around my home. With this unit, I get around -23db for strength. Of course it is a more powerful A/P then what you will find on consumer grade A/P's & routers.

You want at least -60 or lower for signal strength for wireless signal. Also placement of the wireless A/P can make or break how good of a signal quality you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41925-surface-2-unstable-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,
I recently purchased a used computer (Power Spec) , that had been updated to 10. At first , it ran, ok.. I have had it since whenever the super bowl weekend was, and it's had one more update since then. WiFi connection is very unstable, stays connected to Skype for the most part, but after a while it starts freezing and pages won't load while using chrome browser.All other devices work fine.I downloaded Kapersky tonight, only to uninstall an hour later. Found out it's problematic, and was not recommended. Prior to uninstall, I was unable to log back in to computer. I got as far as splash screen, and I wasn't able to enter pin. My last issue is, the previous owners user account: would like to delete it. I can post any reports or specs later today, if that helps.
Thank you

Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought a new unstable new connection on laptop wifi laptop a Lenovo ideapad y running windows bit with a intel centrino wireless adapter and im currently experiencing internet flucuations at random intervals My internet speed is rated for mbs and when im lucky on wifi ill get up to mbs I could generally live with considering wifi is not exactly ideal but the download speeds will often drop unstable wifi connection on new laptop to - mbs and at times go to resetting the connection will sometimes bump it back up for a short while but it will again eventually drop down to minimal speeds to save time ill state the troubleshooting unstable wifi connection on new laptop methods ive already attempted uninstalled reinstalled wifi drivers updated wifi driver flushed dns cache via cmd exe updated other drivers aswell as performed windows updates uninstalled and replaced mcafee antivirus with avg ran ccleaner to uninstall bloatware along with fixing registry errors accessed my router and changed my wireless settings unstable wifi connection on new laptop and security settings my ping has begun to fluctuate aswell normally being around - ms now jumping from - id also like to clarify that i bought and returned an asus g windows laptop a few days ago encountering the same issue i at first thought it was the wireless adapter but now encountering this issue im beginning to question my router which is an actiontec v h thanks to all who reply nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-wifi-connection-on-new-laptop.1106035/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone I ve recently moved into a new apartment and have this terribly annoying issue with my wifi Problem is as follows the connection over WIFI is unstable random drops few times a day and the download speeds are lower than upload and just Slow and wifi throughput unstable mostly extremely slow The provider Slow and unstable wifi throughput s speeds directly through cable are mbps download and mbps upload Same speeds if the computer is wired to the router When connected via wifi the signal seems to be ok but download speed is usually really slow at around - mbps the upload sometimes reaches the normal - mbps weird I have already tried the Slow and unstable wifi throughput following solutions with no result -Changing WIFI channel tested all of them -Resetting the router to factory settings -Replacing the router unit -Using a different router model -Disabling WMM There are no microwaves or other electrical appliances around that might disturb the signal The router is TP link TL-WR n Your help would be really appreciated as this is driving me completely insane Thanks nbsp

A:Slow and unstable wifi throughput

Given that it's an apartment complex, it may help to see what other networks are around you.
Download Xirrus WiFi inspector from the link below and take a screen shot and post back.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Network-Management-and-Software/Network-Management/Wi-Fi-Inspector

Also make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter from the computers manufacture website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-and-unstable-wifi-throughput.1137292/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am new to this site. My internet speed is very unstable. I have a Buffalo Wireless Router. Whenever i put my mouse on the bottom right corner of the desktop and over the image of two computers and a ball (the wireless thing), it has full green bars. Then in a few moments it goes down to three green bars. then it goes back up to full bar. Sometimes it even goes down to two green bars... It makes my internet very laggy and it's getting annoying. also, i noticed that whenever i log into my computer, the internet signal is always "Identying.... Buffalo" Help anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-vista-internet-speed-extremely-unstable-help.769132/
Relevancy 56.33%

Since yesterday, I've been dealing with a suddenly reduced internet download speed, it's extremely frustrating. I have tried changing cables, restarting router by unplugging power and plugging it again after 10 minutes, a soft and a hard reboot directly from my linksys router (192.168.1.1). I have tried flushing DNS. It seems to be shifting back and forth. I am running "ping -t www.google.com" in the background and it clearly fluctuates, high ping, low ping.

As for internet speed, on steam it shows it's %20 of what I am supposed to get. Very seldom has it reached what it's supposed to be. This started yesterday when I was downloading a Samsung Software Update and noticing it takes a while to download just 1 MB let alone 1 GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396234-suddenly-low-unstable-internet-download-speed-ping.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all, yesterday I purchased a HP p6-2417a and have experienced some very odd problems concerning the wifi connection.
Occasionally the speeds will slow right down to a snails pace, or entirely disconnect making downloading or streaming anything near impossible. However, the odd thing is, if I leave the PC idle and locked until the display turns off, the speed goes up to a normal, consistent and stable 2MB/s, whereas if I'm using the PC it wont even go over 100kB/s, that is if I can establish the download in the first place.
So far I have tried updating my wifi adapter drivers and changing several network settings, none of which have worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-unstable-wifi-connection-on-new-hp-desktop.1090981/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys I don't usually ask for help but I'm giving up on this issue as I have absolutely no idea why it's happening SPECS - Mobo navigation - unstable wired Browsing wifi or MSI GMA-E driver Realtek Ethernet updated from MSI site - Router Linksys E firmware updated to - Smartphone LG Nexus Android - OS Windows Ultimate updated through Windows Update - Anti-virus Microsoft Security Essentials updated ISSUE It's simple I turn on the PC and begin browsing through my favorite blogs and sites After some time it may be hours or minutes all the pages in my browser Chrome Firefox IE doesn't matter fail to load and I get quot ERR EMPTY RESPONSE quot and quot ERR CONNECTION CLOSED quot in Chrome When this kicks in I can't even access my router it fails to load also Although I can't load any site uTorrent keeps working normally and I can ping sites just fine through command prompt This doesn't affect the wifi I can keep browsing as much as I want in my phone or tablet I wait a couple of minutes and it solves by itself the pages reload just fine and I keep browsing until it happens again and so on I know the first thing that comes to mind is DNS so I altered the DNS to Google's solution but it keeps happening CMD ipconfig commands don't help either registerdns flushdns renew All I can do is wait or reboot the PC I have a Linksys AE wifi antenna here and after using the PC connected to the wifi the issue persists but only Browsing navigation unstable - wired or wifi in the PC In my smartphone the wifi works flawlessly I guess the problem is in Windows but I have no clue where to look Browsing navigation unstable - wired or wifi I hope some expert here can help me solve this infernal issue Thanks in advance

A:Browsing navigation unstable - wired or wifi

Is that the same as the AE2500 usb adapter seen at Linksys Official Support - Linksys AE2500 N600 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter ?

While not having seen the same error I've seen times on the second remote desktop I have here since the 7 Pro side of a dual boot with 10 Pro on separate drives has a rather interesting problem of it's own! There are no 10 drivers for the usb WiFi adapter and 7 won't connect by way of the Cat 5 ethernet cable plugged directly into the WiFi capable router!

On a few occasions 7 wouldn't even connect to the web where the IPConfig utility was then used to refresh the connection. With a command prompt option you can try the "ipconfig /release" command followed afterwards by the "ipconfig /renew" command to see if Windows will refresh the network detection after clearing the dns cache.

Another system tool available which might help would be running the System File Checker in case a system file associated with networking has been damaged or gone missing. If you have a 7 dvd used to install Windows you may want to see that in the optical drive since the tool may need to extract replacement files from the dvd. At the command prompt's dos like prompt you would type "sfc /scannow" and press enter to get that tool running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392920-browsing-navigation-unstable-wired-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 55.9%

I m using a belkin modem wireless router When the wireless connection speed is mbps i can surf the web But it often drops to mbps and sometimes even mbps When it does this i cant surf the web Every time this happens i need to repair my connection After that I would be able to surf for a few minutes Then the speed drops again I d have to repeat the same thing over the often unstable.Speed drops Wireless to surf and web. unable connection and over again And my pc which is connected via ethernet connection directly to the modem router works just fine When i called belkin s tech support they asked me to change from WPA to WEP After i did this the problem became worse My laptop cant even connect to the router I dont know whether it s the router or the dsl connection Bcoz i ve used linksys and netgear before and the same problem occurred back then but not as frequent as now So can anyone help me with this problem nbsp

A:Wireless connection unstable.Speed often drops and unable to surf the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-unstable-speed-often-drops-and-unable-to-surf-the-web.766109/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone I first and foremost want to thank everyone here trying to help out those of us that are technologically inept My problem is an unstable internet connection while trying to stream or download content from the internet Our network Wireless router linksys e is connected to the Modem Our main wifi on cascaded network Unstable internet connection desktop is wired directly to Wireless router Wireless router Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network belkin is wired directly to wireless router My laptop which is having the connection problem is receiving internet connection from cascaded Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network wireless router Symptoms I can connect to the internet just fine but when i try to stream content from youtube for example video will load for the first minute very quickly and then will stop buffering and will not continue to buffer how ever long you leave the page up Similarly when I try to download something I will receive a fast download speed initially - kb s but after a minute of downloading the speed will drop to kb s and then stop downloading entirely Quirk When I turn off the desktop that is connected directly to wireless router I have no problems with my internet connection This problem is only apparent when the main desktop is turned on Thanks again everyone for your help I really do appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-internet-connection-on-cascaded-wifi-network.1010807/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello First time poster here thanks for having this great forum Anyway my problem is since Friday wifi DNS laptop's with errors Problem and unstable connection with of last week I have been having connection problems with my laptop The wifi card will not hold a connection to the router and shows the yellow triangle constantly In the Event Viewer there are errors saying quot Name resolution for website x timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot The laptop will Problem with DNS errors with laptop's wifi and unstable connection also not respond to local pings from other computers on the network Few of the things I have tried to fix this Did a complete virus scan with avast Nothing was found Tried flushing the DNS cache along with releasing and renewing my IP address Reset the TCP IP stack Disabled Problem with DNS errors with laptop's wifi and unstable connection all network adapters except my wifi card including the quot Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter quot If someone could help that would be great because i really need my network connection back ASAP Finals and such soon Thanks wws

A:Problem with DNS errors with laptop's wifi and unstable connection

Quote: Originally Posted by wws

Hello.

First time poster here, thanks for having this great forum!

Anyway my problem is, since Friday of last week, I have been having connection problems with my laptop. The wifi card will not hold a connection to the router and shows the yellow triangle constantly. In the Event Viewer there are errors saying "Name resolution for website x timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." The laptop will also not respond to local pings from other computers on the network.

Few of the things I have tried to fix this.
1. Did a complete virus scan with avast 2014. Nothing was found.
2. Tried flushing the DNS cache, along with releasing and renewing my IP address.
3. Reset the TCP/IP stack.
4. Disabled all network adapters except my wifi card, including the "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter"

If someone could help, that would be great, because i really need my network connection back ASAP. (Finals and such soon!)

Thanks,
wws

Well you actually did most of things that I would have done.

I should ask have you tried resetting the router?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311528-problem-dns-errors-laptops-wifi-unstable-connection.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been using my Acer Aspire V3-772G-7872 for around a year. In the first two or three months there is no problem with the laptop. However, in the 4th month (still windows 8) there was an issue with the wifi connection. The connection was so unstable (disconnect randomly for every 5 minutes and reconnect back in 3 or 4 seconds). I tried to restart my router and nothing changed. All my other devices work perfectly fine. So I tried to google it and found that I've to update my wifi driver. I downloaded and reinstalled the Wifi driver (Wireless LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.288_W81x64_A). After I reinstall the driver, the wifi works really well, but I have to reinstall it every week because the issue always come back every week. Now I'm using windows 10 and the issue still happening. I tried to reinstall it but it doesn't work. Any solution? Hope someone can help me 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Wifi-unstable-disconnect-randomly-Acer-V3-772G-7872-Windows-10/td-p/441317/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been working on this for three days already, I am using win 7 64bits with a TP-link router.

I've just moved in to a new house, with a router set up by my landlord, for the first day, I couldn't connected to the wifi, but somehow I worked that out, and could now connected to the internet (Occasionally, still couldn't get connected sometimes). Anyway, since there's no problem connecting to the wireless network, I realize it is very very unstable, it's running really slow, and might lost access to internet even when the signals show everything's fine. I tried different methods, ipconfig /release and renew, uninstalling my driver, all kinds of stuff, but the problem still exist.

What can I do?

A:Connected to wifi, shows no problems on the signals, unstable access

Quote: Originally Posted by anth1991

I've been working on this for three days already, I am using win 7 64bits with a TP-link router.

I've just moved in to a new house, with a router set up by my landlord, for the first day, I couldn't connected to the wifi, but somehow I worked that out, and could now connected to the internet (Occasionally, still couldn't get connected sometimes). Anyway, since there's no problem connecting to the wireless network, I realize it is very very unstable, it's running really slow, and might lost access to internet even when the signals show everything's fine. I tried different methods, ipconfig /release and renew, uninstalling my driver, all kinds of stuff, but the problem still exist.

What can I do?

Have you tried changing the channel that the wireless is using? The type of security and encryption being used can also make a difference.

Xirrus wifi inspector can help you find a clear channel in your area, if you are confused by what it says then just post a screen shot of the read out here.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242425-connected-wifi-shows-no-problems-signals-unstable-access.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I am having some issues with my wifi on my personal laptop and I would need if possible some advice - Base OS Windows - hardware wifi Realtek RTL BE Wireless RTL8723BE hardwar Lenovo Unstable Realtek y50, Potential faulty wifi, LAN n - Driver Latest version was installed before reinstalling my base os - Motherboard wmic baseboard get product Manufacturer version serialnumber gives me LENOVO y - does not make a lot of senses for me but otherwise I just get the serial number and version Problem Description My wifi is very unstable I can connect to the router sometime it works properly some time I don Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE t internet connection The error i get can be DNS resolution or web site not reachable I get the same problem with different routers Interesting and make investigation very difficult for me is that I almost don t get any events the only events related that I get sometime is WLAN Auto Config Errors EventID Description WLAN Autoconfig detected limit connectivity performing Reset Recover adapter code xC x code xDEADDEED oxEEC really did not like this one as i believed I was being pwned but looks like it is the drivers that return that Code x x Usually it happens once when I reboot and I get informational WLAN auto config entry saying that it went well so I don t think it is the problem From there it changes between working and not working The only other event I get are for example warning because DNS failed but it makes sense to me What I have done - Investigate events - reinstall drivers - flush DNS route tables - search on the internet for similar issue - Reinstall base os I am just done reinstalling and I have the same problem What I think I have a computer science background but windows is not the OS I work with and don't know much about hardware Lack of event does not really help me to investigate I think that my wifi card is dying It is a good computer but it is not the first time i get hardware failure but before buying a new one i would need your advice - Do you think of other investigation that would reveal a software problem - Based on what I said do you think I am right to think about hardware failure for me it would explain why it is not just not working but it is unstable Also for what i have seen this wifi card is shit - Do you have any advice that is the more important as I am not sure if a wifi card can be changed easily if any wifi card can be used if you have any advice for a good one Thank you very much for your answer if you need any other information i will provide them Have a good day

A:Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE

I did some searching and came across other people having the same issue with that specific model wifi chip. Some of them have gotten it to work by either A: enabling their router's IPV6 or setting the IPV6 to auto, or B: checking that the antenna wire connected to the wifi chip in the computer isn't loose. By no means a guarantee, but worth a shot.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62613-lenovo-y50-unstable-wifi-potential-faulty-hardwar-realtek-rtl8723be.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Can you cut the wifi cable and the monitor cable, remove the cover/scree and use an external monitor without having to go inside and unplug them?

A:Can you cut the wifi cable and the monitor cable?

Hi, 1. Wifi is normally for wireless (no cable at all).2. You can cut anything BUT we need to know exactly what is your hardware to be able to show you where to cut or can not cut. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-you-cut-the-wifi-cable-and-the-monitor-cable/td-p/1157733
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell laptop and use Windows Vista. I had to re-install the OS after it crashed and ever since I did this the laptop will not recognize the ethernet cable. The portal lights up when I plug it in but it never connects to the internet. I can access the internet fine with a wireless connection. Do I need to download a certain driver? I know the problem isn't with the cable or modem as I am using it right now on my work laptop. Please help. Thanks.

A:Ethernet Cable

Probably need to download the LAN driver
for your model from dell website support section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable.949369/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am very new to this forum, but looking on Google this seems to be the best site. I have an ethernet cable located in my room, which runs from the router downstairs. It is used for both my xBox 360 and my PC, you know like sharing it.
But tonight, when I was changing the cable from my PC to put it in my 360, there was a sickening crack, the clip has fallen off, and one of the pins has been covered by a piece of plastic from itself.
This is where I need the help, whats the better option, getting rid of it altogether and going for wireless, or is there a way in which you can take off that RJ45 connector, and connect another one by yourself.
You have no idead how helpful you guys will be if you manage to help me here.
THanks

Relevancy 52.03%

My grandson has received his new desktop with Windows 7 Premium 64-bit. He wants to connect it to a modem/router that already is connected to his dad's desktop (there are open ethernet plugs in back of the modem/router.
He would use his Windows 7 computer when his father was not using his Win XP computer. They have DSL connection with 1000/380, I believe.
Our question is, what type of ethernet cable should he use. We were just going to Radio Shack and buying an ethernet cable, but someone told us there are different kinds of ethernet cables. Someone else told us it doesn't matter what ethernet cable you buy as they are all the same.
Can anyone help? What type (model #. etc.) of ethernet cable should we buy?

Relevancy 52.03%

I bought a New Ethernet cable because my other one broke and its in my router and computer anxiety can't find out how to add the connection Please help

A:Ethernet cable

Josh, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them. If I understand your problem correctly, your Ethernet cable broke off in the port on your router.  Is this correct?  Does it still have the clip on the cable or is this what broke?  If you could attach a picture it would be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Ethernet-cable/td-p/5554440
Relevancy 52.03%

getting a new dell pc what type of ethernet cable to i need the pc spec says 10/100 ehernet lan and the cable needs to connect between only the pc and my modem,thanks

i have seen one on the tesco direct site it says it has rj45 connectors i have no idea if this is appropriate though

A:which ethernet cable do i need

You'll want a Cat5 or Cat5e cable with RJ45 connectors. It's a very common cable and available in several lengths and colors. You can get one just about anywhere these days, even places like Wal-Mart and many drug stores.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-ethernet-cable-do-i-need.833851/
Relevancy 52.03%

I need to replace the Ethernet cable that goes from the Actiontec PK5000 modem/router to my second computer across the room. It's about 10-12 feet long and colored blue. Are these cables pretty much interchangable and change much, since this one has been in use for 4-5 years?
Thanks for you help, hope this is the right forum.

A:Ethernet Cable

dalem29
I need to replace the Ethernet cable that goes from the Actiontec PK5000 modem/router to my second computer across the room. It's about 10-12 feet long and colored blue. Are these cables pretty much interchangable and change much, since this one has been in use for 4-5 years?
Thanks for you help, hope this is the right forum.

dalem29
Yes, the cables are interchangable.
The Cat6 RJ-45 cable life depends on where it is installed.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994966
Relevancy 52.03%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812609051

Can someone confirm if thats an ethernet cable. I'm not too familiar with these things. I'm not sure even if its called an ethernet cable. I need a cable for my internet upstairs to down stairs and I need the wire that fits in the back of my motherboard, and under "Network Connections > Local Area Connections > Speed > 100mbps"

EdIT

OO I have broadband (Verizon FiOS), if that is an important fact

Relevancy 52.03%

ok i just formated my pc and for some reason its not decteing my ethernet cable its in the back and the little light is glowing but i cant go on the internet??? helpp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have plugged my Ethernet cable into the corresponding spots on my laptop, and my modem/router and I can move around on the internet. But when I try to click on steam, it says I'm not connected to the internet. From there I clicked diagnose on the ethernet connection and it said that the connection between access point router, or cable modem and internet is broken. I've tried resetting my modem, and the problem still continues. My laptop runs Windows 7.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I found a cable that at first looked like a regular CAT5e cable but when I pulled it out off storage box it had a USB Plug on the other end. What does this do?

A:USB/Ethernet Cable?

I have seen such a cable used with Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) to go between the UPS unit and the computer. It is used to let the computer know the status of the UPS. The particular ones I have seen have a 10 position plug, instead of the normal 8 position plug used for Ethernet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ethernet-cable.1151474/