Windows Support Forum

Network wifi icon says identifying

Q: Network wifi icon says identifying

Hi , I have a laptop with latest Dell wifi drivers and the wifi icon says identifying and under that connected most of the time.I have tried everything flush this ,re-install drivers ,etc. I still get internet 90 % of the time but the identify stays there. I also can get it to recognize my network . Any ideas ? Thks
I have windows 8.1 with all updates.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network wifi icon says identifying

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.11%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 67.94%

I cannot connect to certain wireless networks.

- I can connect for example to wifi at my University or a public network such as The Cloud and even BT Open zone, all of these direct you to a page to logon - these work fine.
- I cannot connect to any other network, even if it is an Open network.
- I have endlessly searched Google and tried everything suggested on forums like this - however they were other peoples problems - this is the first time I have made a post.
- I have eventually caved and restored my laptop to Factory settings. The problem persists.

I have attached screen shots showing the exact problem and error messages.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Connecting via cable works fine - I am using that method now.

A:Cannot connect to Wifi network - "Identifying Network"

Shaun, firstly: welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest downloading Revo uninstaller: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and using it to remove your wireless driver and all bits of it. This is because the built in uninstaller doesn't often remove everything. Now go online (you mentioned connecting via LAN line works alright) and find your wireless adapter driver for your computer (should be on the manufacturer's website). Install it, enter the network password, and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205060-cannot-connect-wifi-network-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 66.22%
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

I have a really weird problem with my laptop.
Although the internet connection works good, yesterday I noticed that the wifi icon on the taskbar was disappered.
I tried to open "network connections" in the settings of the start menu and the page was blank without any connections.
I tried to plug the ethernet cable but nothing changed.

Do you know what is the problem? do you think that is due to viruses?

Thanks in advance

A:Network connections and wifi icon

Do a System Restore to a time when this was not happening.
Restart the computer and press F8 and choose Safe Mode With Networking. Then go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Are there any network connections there?
This is usually caused by a virus, please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and post in that section of the forum for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connections-and-wifi-icon-682588.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I want to enable WIFI, but there is no icon on the Network Connections page of the Control Panel. All I see is a box with this info:

"Local Area Connection - Network 4 - Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection"

How do I add a WIFI icon to the Network Connections page?

My router is (AT&T) 2-Wire 3800HGV-B (the router sees a wireless dongle on my TV, so I know WIFI is active).

TY!

A:No WIFI Icon on Network Connections Page

try resetting the modem you want to use

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376897-no-wifi-icon-network-connections-page.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have been searching but have not searched perhaps as far as I should
In my Windows 8 taskbar on the right there are a few items I can select and customize but see no selection for network icons.
I am using Windows 8 with Start8 product add-in.
I can see speaker icon, skydrive icon, troubleshooting icon and so on......

This is an HP Envy 15t laptop.

I can get to Charms to show up and select Devices.....among other things

Thank you in advance
Peter

A:Can I add Network (Ethernet and WIFI) icon to taskbar?

Hello Peter,

You should be able to turn on the Network icon for your taskbar in your System Icons settings below.
System Icons - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums
If you mean the Charms bar (black bar on right that slides in), then click on the Settings charm to see the Network icon at the top right corner of the bottom section.
Charms Bar - Open in Windows 8

If you like, here's a shortcut below that opens directly to the Networks flyout.
Networks flyout Shortcut - Create in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51341-can-i-add-network-ethernet-wifi-icon-taskbar.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Dear sir, I have HP Mini 110-3000 . As there was problem in my original pre-loaded operating system so i formated it and installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit operating system.After formating it i am unable to see wireless network icon in my system tray instead there is another icon which is used to connect internet via LAN cable. What is the problem? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-formating-wifi-network-icon-missing/td-p/5711013
Relevancy 61.49%

The network icon always appeared like this Screenshot by Lightshot even when I was connected to the internet I've fixed the problem by removing all my networks then rebooting but it just comes back when I don't It used to work fine all the time This happened after I updated a network adapter driver so I uninstalled the driver for Messed + Network Miniport Corrupt Icon WiFi Microsoft up Adapter said adapter then reinstalled it but that didn't do anything It also messed up my Microsoft Miniport Adapter naming by making it Microsoft Virtual Miniport Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon Adapter I went into the registry to change the name to just Microsoft Virtual Miniport Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon Adapter but I couldn't - there was stupid permissions preventing me from doing so The was really weird to me I wondered how it got there before I realized it came after the reinstalling of my network adapter so I thought that was the culprit of the messing up network icon so I tried to change and delete some more registry keys and delete some files for the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter I thought CCleaner had made a registry backup that was really recent but apparently it didn't I wouldn't go into this knowing I had no way to recover so I was out of luck on restoring the registry Screenshot by Lightshot Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon I've tried a repair install and a system recovery The system recovery can't restore the registry and the repair install always hung on downloading installation files or checking compatibility I've also done another Network Adapter reinstall to see if I could get my Virtual WiFi back but nope and it just makes the registry keys say now - - I'm pulling my hair out over this Unlike others I used that Virtual WiFi adapter frequently and I'm very picky over icons - I want my network icon to stay the white bars for good Can anyone help Here's the registry keys and driver files that currently remain for the Miniport Adapter Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot I altered FriendlyName from Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter x to Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter from the CurrentControlSet and the bottom key under vwifimp and then it disappeared incase that helps Now for the files that remain Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot A lot of files but I hope you can help me find what I'm missing Here's the search results for quot vwifi quot Screenshot by Lightshot And here's the folder I modified files from Screenshot by Lightshot Lastly here's a place where I deleted two registry keys Screenshot by Lightshot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Network D E -E - CE-BFC - BE I also removed the place where it said quot Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter quot in Descriptions So yeah whatever I'm missing can you help me fix provide Can... Read more

A:Corrupt Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter + Messed up Network Icon

Repair Install finally worked. Everything is normal again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/281430-corrupt-microsoft-wifi-miniport-adapter-messed-up-network-icon.html
Relevancy 59.77%

This Icon keeps popping up (repeatedly) and I can't seem to find it in the running processes.

When I go to hover over it, it disappears before I can identify it.

Any one have a clue?

Relevancy 59.34%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

All folders in the directory have the standard manila folder look, except for one which has three sheets of white paper, see attachment. Anybody have an idea what that means? FYI, the folders are on a network share for file storage.

Thanks in advance.

File attached.

A:Help identifying folder icon

What's the file's name and extension, Chris?

It's possible that the file has lost its 'association', and doesn't know what it's supposed to be.

Just a guess, mind you.

Wenda.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290097-help-identifying-folder-icon.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi and help please I am having problems connecting to wifi when abroad I have been using Vista on my laptop Windows 7 wifi identifying and last year there was not a problem but this year I was Windows 7 wifi identifying in France for weeks and nearly evertime I tried to connect using the appropriate password and getting full strenth wifi it would not connect it kept stating that it was identifying and would not connect so I would try fiddling about with various settings and sometimes it would connect There was times when I could not get on and the people all around were connected So fed up with this happening all the time I bought a new notebook and was in Spain last week and I still could not get connected with all the same things happening as with my old laptop I have included the details of the new notebook I am not very computer educated so if you could please go easy on me with computer jargon sorry I was in France for weeks and nearly evertime I tried to connect using the appropriate password and getting full strenth wifi it would not connect it kept stating that it was identifying and would not connect so I would try fiddling about with various settings and sometimes it would connect There was times when I could not get on and the people all around were connected So fed up with this happening all the time I bought a new notebook and was in Spain last week and I still could not get connected with all the same things happening as with my old laptop I have included the details of the new notebook I am not very computer educated so if you could please go easy on me with computer jargon sorry Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users graeme gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway btfusion net Link-local IPv Address XXXX d c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap gateway btfusion net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway btfusion net Tunnel adapter isatap A CC F - DA - D - DAC- E B E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap EA - A C- A- B B- F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address XXX ef fd cd c f XXX Link-local IPv Address XXX cd c f dbf Default Gateway C Users graeme gt

A:Windows 7 wifi identifying

Welcome to Seven forums graemejack4.
You should update with Win 7 SP1 first of all. Go to Control Panel/Device Manager, go to Network Adapters. Right click on each one you have and select Update Driver.
I'm not familiar with European WiFi, does it use a different protocol there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/178813-windows-7-wifi-identifying.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having the most bizarre issue with like machines in my network all Windows Ent x Basically for some reason these machines lose the Domain network profile once a day randomly and it's always after the GP is applied automatically The thing is I got another couple of hundreds of machines under the same set of policies confirmed with GPResult and only are affected so a GP is not the issue of the affected machines is in another location with a different subnet router switch ISP different everything network-wise There are no local firewall rules there was however a rule blocking inbound Explorer exe connection for domain profiles only but this can't cause any harm the rule was deleted just in case though nbsp Running GP update manually or waiting for the automatic policy request does not changes to after GPO network applied None/Public/Identifying Network randomly is profile reproduce the problem The issue can happen at any time and under any circumstance whether Network profile changes to None/Public/Identifying network randomly after GPO is applied the user is logged on or not computer locked or not etc When the issue happens the network icon has a yellow exclamation sign and it is quot Identifying network quot until the next policy update On the Firewall service logs I can see how the Network profile changes back and forth a few times ending in Network Profile None The computers are different models Network profile changes to None/Public/Identifying network randomly after GPO is applied between HPs and Dells An IPConfig renew or a computer restart fixes the issue until next day when it happens again I have set a scheduled task to renew the Network profile changes to None/Public/Identifying network randomly after GPO is applied IP every morning and provided a script for the user to manually kick of the task in case it happens anyway But for the life of me I can't figure out what's causing this issue on out of hundreds of computers in different physical locations I enabled GP debugging in the affected computers to look in detail what may be overlapping or triggering what should not be triggered I lean towards a GP issue because the affected users are all part of the same group user policy maybe Not sure Any ideas will be greatly appreciated maybe I'm missing the obvious or you have experienced an issue like this and want to share your experience Thanks ahead nbsp Miguel Angel Mojica IT Administrator Server Administrator MTA CCNA CCDA

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6cfa7496-dfff-460f-815d-8947b0e37a6e/network-profile-changes-to-nonepublicidentifying-network-randomly-after-gpo-is-applied?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

My connection to the internet is always very good but there are some issues :

1. my wifi is identifying (turning blue circel) for a second or two and that happens frequently. But this identifying has no influence on my connection f.e. when i am downloading something or doing other stuff which demands download-capacity.

2. my wifi icon has always a yellow star or dot

For a good understanding : i have a 5 star signal strenght and in my surrounding there is only 1 wifi network and that is on channel 11 and mine is at channel 1 - so no interfering problem.

So, is there a solution for both the identifying and yellow star problem ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks
Stefan

A:Wifi is connected but identifying frequently and yellow star on logo

Have you tried you troubleshooter by right clicking the network icon in notification area and selecting troubleshooting? Do you have the latest driver for your network adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268173-wifi-connected-but-identifying-frequently-yellow-star-logo.html
Relevancy 55.04%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm at my girlfriend's house and every laptop in the house works beside hers! I tried mine and it connects flawlessly also my itouch and my eee-pc also connect without any trouble but her laptop is stuck on Identifying i tried the whole netsh reset thing and sadly we cannot have access to her router as her dad hates it when we play in his Linux based stuff anyways any simple fix would be welcome, i hope no one will suggest changing routers/reinstalling the whole OS.

Ty very much RamZ

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello..
i have problem with my pc...
my pc keep identify network and cannot access to the internet.
i using LAN...
i try to reistall driver,reset LAN adapter...
But my problem not solved.
What should I do??

A:Pc keep identifying Network

More info for this:

How are you getting onto the net ie: Modem Direct or router.
Does your router have a DHCP server,

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182660-pc-keep-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

I've just bought a new laptop with windows Vista pre-installed. Now I want to connect to our wireless network. This works, but just local. Whenever I connect to our network it first identifies to the local network, which works. But after that he can't connect to the internet.

PC --------------- IDENTIFYING.... -----------X---------- Internet

That is how it looks in the networkcentre..

Anyone knows this problem or knows how this can be fixed? Under here there's how it looks like, it's dutch lol, but you probably can figure out what is what.

alleen lokaal = only local
inschakelen = turn on
uitschakelen = turn off
Identificeren.. = Indentifying

Thanks in advance, Luuk

A:Keeps identifying to network

Hi w1nx, and welcome to the Vista Forums

First thing I would check is the WEP/WEP2 key if this is incorrect the system will still connect to the network but not connect to the internet.

What I have found to work in the past with regard to not identifying the network is to re-start the "Network List Service" (netprofm) once you have the network set to either public or private (as you want) you should get Internet access.

What happens if you click on the red cross to start the diagnostics?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209629-keeps-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So I'm running Ultimate x64 using Outpost Pro 6.7 when the pc boots up it says identifying network. This takes at least 3 minutes to do. I turn off OP and reboot it starts immediately (OP not running). Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have been searching for days to no avail. I am kinda partial to Outpost. Once it identifies the network everything works. I can share files with other pcs and all. I am also using Linksys WRT54G router with OpenDNS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also posted over on OP forums with no response yet. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this.

A:Identifying Network

Hmmm

Is OP running as a service? If so, can it be started delayed (although this would increase a security risk at first, it should be a minimal risk to you)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23220-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

A:Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41954-wifi-wifi-icon-has-left-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I keep getting this weird error and my network shows limited connectivity whenever I recover my laptop from sleep or hibernate Even though a restart usually fixes it its kinda annoying to reboot your system all the time especially when you are moving between classes in an university setup Here's my ipconfig all Quote Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy network . .. access Identifying no Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mobile asu ernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Controller Physical Address E -CB- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes eless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes eless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mobile asu Description Qualcomm A pter Physical Address - -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b IPv Address Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Septemb Lease Expires Septemb Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled ernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Identifying .. no network access . Vir Physical Address - - -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - DNS Servers fec f fec f fec f NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled ernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Vir Physical Address - - -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - DNS Servers fec f fec f fec f NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled nel adapter isatap F E - CC - CE - - Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CCAFC Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface F AEA Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tun Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C B C Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E B Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter isatap AE - - DB - DB-CA Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter isatap F EB C- E- EBD- DF-A Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface FCE Media State Media disc Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Physical Address - - - DHCP Ena... Read more

A:Identifying .. no network access .

Hello,

Option 1 - Disable the Wi-Fi adapter's Power Management Mode from Device Manager, please see attached image.

Option 2 - Have you tried disabling the VMware adapter?

Option 3 - Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255509-identifying-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've had this computer for about 6 months now and never had this issue. It recently started having problems identifying the network, I'm wired to the router. I have two other computers in the house that work fine. One is wired and one is wireless. It's a big hassle. I thought maybe my computer didn't like the old router so I picked up a new one yesterday. It worked fine up until a few hours ago when I had to restart and now it won't connect.

Any ideas? Please help!

Computer Specs - HP, model m9400f, AMD Phenom(tm) 9750, Quad-Core Processsor 2.40 GHz, Ram 8GB, Vista 64-bit Operating system SP2

Relevancy 52.89%

I was playing Borderlands 2 with my friend a week or so ago (wirelessly), when everything suddenly disconnected mid game. No internet whatsoever, just endlessly "identifying" my internet connection. Ever since then I've just been using a ridiculously long ethernet cable to suit my needs.

I've tried googling to no avail, I've completely reinstalled my wireless software, reset my router and modem (although I don't think that's the issue considering all other devices can connect just fine, and because my computer can't connect to ANY wireless networks), and I've played around with the settings.

My next step would just be to reinstall Windows but before I do that I'd rather see if there's any obvious solution that I'm missing here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Continuous Identifying of network

Hi.

Have you checked on the device manager, under Network Adapters? Can you notice if there's any network adapter with an exlamation yellow mark? Or below on Other devices if there's any "unknown device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315415-continuous-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I have a problems with my laptops identifying my wireless interet. It's seems to be stuck on "identifying", before not connecting. This happens on both of my laptops.

Internet is working fine for my desktop pc, and the wireless also works fine on my phone.
I've been searching for an answer to this for a while now, anyone got any idea what's causing this?

Thanks for reading.

Edit: My laptops works fine at my parents house on their wireless, so I assume there's something with my wifi, probably ip related, but I don't understand why it would work on my phone and desktop pc and not my laptops.

A:Solved: Identifying network

Make sure you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering on your router.

What wireless mode and encryption are you using on your router and same questions for your "parents house"?

If your desktop is using Wi-Fi what is the adapter (brand and model)?

What is the brand and model of the wireless adapters in your laptops?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-identifying-network.1145630/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all My desktop can't connect to my network it remains stuck on identifying indefinitely Both via LAN or via WiFi I followed the guide on http www selectrealsecurity com fix-internet-connection before coming here I also have tried to restart my computer and my modem seperately together and powering down and re-powering up to no avail Oddly other devices such as my phone can connect to my network just fine and access the Internet I've attached the FSS log and some screenshots for reference The Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open Dnscache registry key The service key does not exist and Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open Dhcp registry key The service key does not exist seems to suggest to me that something is wrong but I'm not sure what to do Also I don't seem to be able to carry out the various ipconfig commands in my cmd exe I've attached the screenshots of the messages I receive I get this error message when I carry out ipconfig release or ipconfig renew commands An error occcured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection The RPC server is unavailable Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Network stuck on "identifying"

Worth A Read

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550341/network-stuck-on-identifying/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there!

I've been searching for two days trying to find a solution for my issue.

The thing is that I can't seem to get any network on my computer no matter what. First I thought it might be the ethernet on my motherboard that was broken so I went and bought a network adapter, installed the drivers etc.. And still no internet.

I've tried the connection to other devices and they seem to have network. So honestly I don't really know what to do with it.

Would love it if any of you had any suggestion that might help my issue.

EDIT:
Forgot to add that when I try to diagnose the issue in windows it says "Investigate router or broadband modem issues". I've tried it several times with no success.

The troubleshooter says "Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392282-stuck-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I've had this not able to connect to Internet and if it does its unidentified and it connects for 1 min, this problem started occurring after the bad mcafee update and I contacted them and they told me how to fix it well it worked for two days and it went back so since end august to connect I either have to do a system restore to earlier date or turn off wireless router. My network card in my hp envy 14 beats audio edition is intel(R) Centrino(R) advanced-N 6200 AGN and I have two mini port adapters so I went to CMD and ipconfig and the results of tht Are in a pic posted ... May I add my comp is only one not connecting ..and one last thing I have intel PROSet/ wireless tools and when I diagnose it fails ping test HELP!!! GET ME INTERNET

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Ok please bear with me I m not real tech savvy Quick rundown - Main desktop computer is hardwired into the router Win bit laptop works off wifi along with several cell phones Wifi works fine It s the main desktop that is hardwired doesn t have wireless capabilities It will connect and disconnect once a minute Yes I said minute It will connect and when it does the connection is strong but then it drops completely and goes through an quot identifying quot process When we called the service provider and Solved: Identifying off on Network they just replaced the router and cable but problem persisted I hardwired the router to the laptop and had Solved: Network Identifying on and off no problems with the connection so I m assuming the problem is within the desktop computer itself I ve seen a few things in forums but none that were the exact problem and I didn t want to do anything that will ruin the computer obviously but I m clueless Please help let me know if you need any further specs Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi -

I recently purchased a new wireless adapter (N150 Netgear WNA1100) and followed the setup exactly. I installed Netgear 'Smart Wizzard' and everything appeared to work fine.

A few days ago, something happened (I can't recall doing anything personally that caused this) which lead the the adapter when plugged in, showing in 'Smart Wizzard' as connected to my router downstairs but as 'Identifying..' when I hover over the network icon in the taskbar. As soon as I open up my web browser (Google Chrome) it fails to connect.

Assistance required, I can post additional information (ipconfig /all etc.. if desired)

Regards, (Also, would it be worth resetting router?)

A:Identifying... (Network Problem)

i have answered your post here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...em-556805.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/identifying-network-problem-556800.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Network is either identifying, or connected to an unidentified network. Neither of which lets me access the internet. I have a wired connection.

I've tried

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
Ipconfig /flushdns
Netsh winsock reset
Netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Route delete 0.0.0.0
Sfc /scannow

Changing the power settings
Disabling selective suspend
Creating a static ip
Removing IPv6
System restore
Clean install windows 7
Clean install windows vista
Installing OS on different hard drive
Resetting to default settings on motherboard
Turning off router/modem for 10 seconds
Resetting router
Switching which port on the router my cable is connected to

Turning off firewall
Manually entering MAC address in IPv4>advanced>network
Formatting hard drive
Adding DhcpConnectEnableBcastFlaggToggle to registry files
Replacing DHCP and NetBT files in system 32
Replacing two files (forgot which) on registry

A:Identifying network, no internet

Have you checked Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections tab, LAN Settings for a checkmark in the Automatically detect item at the top of the list and nothing else checked? Or does your ISP require different entries on that panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344912-identifying-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I need help identifying a network adapter.Here are one its hardware ID's.

PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_E047105B&REV_01

A:Network Adapter Identifying help

Is this a wireless adapter? if so then I think its this-

ID: Atheros AR5B125 Driver: https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirel...et=70&system=5

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/350857-network-adapter-identifying-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Past couple of days,my computer always crash/freeze while identifying wireless network ,the system only last for 5-10 minutes until it freeze...

but when i unplug the wireless card,the system run fine... then if i plug the wireless card,it always freeze... i already tried to uninstall + install the wireless card driver but it keeps freeze while identifying network...

now i try to use safe mode with networking + wireless card and the system running fine...

any ideas to solve the problem?? I appreciate your help.Thanks

A:Crash while identifying network

What third party firewall are you using? You might want to turn off or uninstall it to see if it stop freezing on your system.
Run system files check:

Quote:
Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow.

Another thing you might want to try is to do a clean boot. It might block services that somehow block your internet connection.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Try those and see how it goes

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/101885-crash-while-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My cousin was having issues with her laptop, due to viruses she had. To make a long story short, I was able to remove the numerous viruses she had. The internet was working previously on her laptop when I was working on it, and I did not change any network settings on it. After restarting the laptop, in the Network and Sharing Center, it just keeps saying Identifying..., with the circle spinning next to it, for the connection it shows all full green bars. I plugged an Ethernet cord in, with no luck. I tried another laptop, and it works just fine, along with the other PC's connected via Ethernet cord.

A:Network Stuck At "Identifying"

Hello and welcome.. For the connection try these...Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.netsh interface ipv4 reset netsh interface ipv6 reset ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425543/network-stuck-at-identifying/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, i have a problem with my internet settings, i think. whether i am trying to connect to the internet with a cable to the router, by wi-fi or even with a usb internet stick, my laptop keeps saying "identifying" and i noticed that when trying connecting by wi-fi it shows the name of the network next after " identifying". i also have limited acces; yellow exclamation mark on the taskbar in the network icon. i tried deleting the network profiles, removing and reinstalling the network adapters, cleaning the registry. now i am forced to browse the internet from my xoom. what should i do?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All,

I just encountered about this issue.

I am using Windows 7 Operating System.
then i just wondering after installing operating system and drivers.
i just noticed that my network status Say " Network Identifying for long hour and it never been fixed even i restart the work station for twice)

but i can only connected to the network if i am using Static IP address )
i just wondering on how to get this connected to network without making static ip address.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
PS: if there is any information would you like to ask please let me know so i can send some information that could use to get this one work.

Arjay,

Relevancy 52.89%

Thanks for reading. I've tried to google for a solution to this but I haven't found anyone reporting quite the same problem. What happens is when I boot my laptop the network in my apartment gets stuck at identifying and when I hover over it, reports limited connectivity. Vista's repair tool offers a number of solutions but none work. The weird thing is I have found a workaround that works every time... I have to disconnect from my network and connect to one of my neighbors unsecured networks. As soon as I'm connected to that network I can disconnect from it and connect to mine with no problems. It seems really strange to me and I'm looking for an answer because for one, I'm tired of doing this and secondly I would be screwed if they secured their network XD
Any help is appreciated =^-^=

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-stuck-at-identifying-438426.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I just upgraded my internet today Installed a new modem and dual band router Now my laptop isn t connecting properly to the wireless I set up my router through a hard connect which is what I m using now After No access. Identifying Network, Internet turning my wireless adapter back on to test out the speed of the ghz band my network icon in the Identifying Network, No Internet access. bottom right of my screen will have a yellow exclamation point on it and it says quot No internet access quot I opened chrome on a whim and was actually getting service so I ran a speed test and was seeing a significant speed drop I upgraded to Mbps My wired connection was giving me about a Mbps download and the wireless with quot no internet access quot was giving me about I tried setting up a static IP in the ipv settings and was having the same problem Lo and behold when I changed my settings back to auto detect the quot No internet access quot went away I ran a speed test on my wireless and was getting about Mbps download I played BF for a good two hours then turned my laptop off and ran some errands Once I returned home I turned my laptop back on and now the quot No internet access quot is back Speed Identifying Network, No Internet access. test is giving me about Mbps download again I have an old laptop running windows and I Identifying Network, No Internet access. remember having the same problems trying to connect it to the internet but that was years ago and I can t remember Any ideas what my problem could be or how to fix it Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Identifying Network, No Internet access.

I just noticed the Networking forum below the OS forums. If this is in the wrong spot I'm truly sorry and I can repost it in networking if I need to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-network-no-internet-access.1115446/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have a laptop in our office that is about 4 months old and is constantly identifying the wireless network. I have tried everything! I even have just re formatted it and re installed everything from scratch but I still have the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Daniel

A:Wireless Constantly Identifying Network

Hi,

Many of these issues are caused by drivers, this frequently happened on my IBM T42, it identifies a network, connects and then disconnects. Give details on the laptop or at least the laptop brand and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144841-wireless-constantly-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I could really do with some help getting my vista machine connected to the internet My PC a Dell studio worked perfectly well on the BT Homehub in Network and Solved: Identifying... Unidentified our last house but now I have very infrequent access This is what I see in the network and sharing centre The wireless adapter connects to the network but not to the internet I get a Identifying public network message with no customise option Solved: Unidentified Network and Identifying... When I use LAN to connect unidentified network Local access Occasionally it will connect via wireless but Solved: Unidentified Network and Identifying... it seems random and then if the machine sleeps or is restarted it s back to square one I have tried the following things disabled windows firewall disabled BT net protect checked leads restarted all stopped and restarted wireless and LAN run wndows diagnostics in every combination specified fixed IP in the router settings for all devices connected to network edited registry to add DhcpConnDisableBcastFlagToggle though I couldn t identify which of the two edvice entries related to my network adaptor so I tried in both one after the other Disabled IvP Edited IVp settings as follows IP this was last assigned and fixed IP for the machine I have also tried values outside the router s DHCP list Subnet Defualt gateway router IP DNS and DDHCP server as per router above This has taken me hours and I m really upset What have I missed nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

My work wireless network is stuck on identifying It works for ALL other computers in the office It works when I am wired to the router I ve tried most things that forums tell me to do Below is the IP config It is only this network and one other Both are provided by verizon if that makes any difference Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved network Wireless on identifying. is stuck C Users Wireless network is stuck on identifying. Shaun Wireless network is stuck on identifying. gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Link-local IPv Address fe a e a IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Link-local IPv Address fe b f c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e dba b fe Link-local IPv Address fe dba b fe Default Gateway nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking at my network and sharing center in vista and like every 30 seconds it says its identifying the network. I have been having a ton of issues trying to share media over my home network and just noticed this. It also keeps switching from a private network which it is and a public network which it isn't. why does vista keep reidentifying a known network? OMG I %^$#@^& HATE VISTA!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-identifying-network-issue-323801.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have an Asus laptop running Windows Ultimate Last week I had been living in a place where I had Time-Warner Cable TWC Internet Access No Identifying...([network Internet name]) and everything worked just fine not only on that network but on others as well This week I moved to a new place and I had my service transferred over I am using the same modem router Technicolor TC D that was in the old place and TWC simply transferred the service over by sending a technician out to hook it up The service works as I can access it both from my cell phone and tablet both Droid-based and the technician was able to access it from his iPad However my laptop connects but it is unable to get Internet access At first I was given a proper DHCP address but subsequent efforts achieved only a x x x address I have tried both restoring the factory defaults on the modem and changing the default name password but neither of these efforts produced the desired result I've removed the network profile from both the Network and Sharing Center as well as the registry I've tried releasing the IP address flushing the DNS assigning a static IP and rebuilding repairing the network stack None of this has helped There was a previous DSL Internet connection in this new home available from Verizon and I've Identifying...([network name]) No Internet Access been using this on my laptop so I'm perfectly capable of connecting to other wireless networks I would try a wired connection but there's a driver issue w my ethernet port Does anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this Identifying network name No Internet Access problem I see different causes resolutions online Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Jeff

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399340-identifying-network-name-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help - Windows 7 - stuck on identifying network - no internet access

thanks in advance

A:Wireless network connection keeps identifying

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

You might want to remove all connection info for all Wireless Access Points.

This can be done via:
Control Panel >
Network and Internet >
Network and Sharing Center >
Manage wireless networks.
Right click on each entry and select Remove network from the context menu.

Restart the computer and try to connect to your Wireless Access Point again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321589-wireless-network-connection-keeps-identifying.html
Relevancy 52.46%

How can one identify the speed of their network adapters?
The thread discussing it
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/941636-10-100-vs-10-100-a.html
was (inexplicably) closed, so I was unable to ask there.

A:Network Adapters, Identifying Speed of

The actual connection speed is listed on the General tab of the adapter's Status.

Vista / Win7 - Network and Sharing Center. Click View Status to the right of the connection name.

XP - Right Click the connection icon and select Status

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-identifying-speed-of.1053703/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I am having a problem connecting to my wireless network. I've been dealing w/ this issue for the better part of two weeks, and I haven't gotten anywhere w/ it. I'd already posted this issue on another site, and there haven't been many suggestions, so I thought that I'd try to find some help here. Here is a link to the other thread, which details the problem and the steps already taken to troubleshoot it: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399340-identifying-network-name-no-internet-access.html Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!  Jeff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623627/identifyingnetwork-name-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys so I m network, but connected identifying Wireless always currently using a wireless connection at college and I have bars but the network symbol in the corner always says Wireless network, connected but always identifying Identifying and never changes and just now when I was trying to download something I got abysmal speeds of KB s even though the download speed of this network is at least mb s Any idea what s going on or how to stop the network from constantly identifying The ipconfig all info is below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users stang gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Stephen-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mit edu Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mit edu Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - - D-EC- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f a c afe e Depre cated Temporary IPv Address f b f b b fd Depre cated IPv Address f a c afe Wireless network, connected but always identifying e Depre cated Temporary IPv Address f b f b b fd Depre cated Link-local IPv Address fe a c afe e Preferred Site-local IPv Address fec a c afe e Deprecated Site-local IPv Address fec a c afe e Deprecated IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday September AM Default Gateway fe fd b d d e f fe bff fe c ee DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E GBE N IC Physical Address - - - - -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mit edu Description isatap mit edu Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C FF AC-DE A- DE - A- DDF br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e ed e fabf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e ed e fabf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mit edu Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f f Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users stang gt nbsp

A:Wireless network, connected but always identifying

It sounds like a problem with the wireless signal. Have you connected to a local hotspot and verified that your system works properly? Does the symptom change if you move to a different location on the campus?

I find it odd that you get a public IP address from the college network, they must have some pretty odd IT administration! Really surprising since it's MIT!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connected-but-always-identifying.857262/
Relevancy 52.46%

I connect to the wireless network I want By the way this has just happened in the past few days It says Idenfying And thats it Under it it says quot Local quot Yet Not Wireless Identifying Connecting Network, but no quot and Internet quot Im runing Windows on a Compaq Model presario V it is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bylum-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - -D - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D- D - - F- A D CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If you need any extra information feel free to ask I would like to reolve thisn issue as fast as possible ----- gt Right now I am on the laptop in discussion conected directly to the ethernet able from he modem Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting

can you explain your network - modem, router , make and models
anything else on the router work - is it just your PC

can we see an xirrus screen shot - see below

what security suite / firewall do you have or ever had on the PC ?

also try a tcp/ip reset
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-identifying-yet-not-connecting.989302/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm fully able to search on website etc however when using ping commando it sometimes loose packs I also notice I have to wait for youtube to stream p videos I have a mbit dwl line upload When I identifying [SOLVED] to Network every go second from 5 stable went to the network and sharing center I got a bit suspicious The home network goes back and forth from [SOLVED] Network go from stable to identifying every 5 second the first to the second screenshot all the time seconds on home network then it goes seconds on identifying before going back to home network seconds later back to identifying and so on I should add it does NOT appear an red X out to the internet during this What's wrong I'm broadcasting the network name as hidden but I [SOLVED] Network go from stable to identifying every 5 second have checked the box saying connect even if the broadcasting name is hidden I use WPA -Personal security type with AES crypt type Hardware Acer shipped with Vista x now Windows bit ultimate Using wireless connection using [SOLVED] Network go from stable to identifying every 5 second the quot g quot type Router Inteno X B copied all relevant info about the router below --------------------------------------------------------------- Board ID M Software Version X B-W NGT Bootloader CFE Version - VDSL Software Version - - Wireless Driver Version cpe In advance thank you

A:[SOLVED] Network go from stable to identifying every 5 second

Hi -

Let's get some system info on your wifi.

Please run --> http://jcgriff2.com/0x2/netsh_lan_wl..._jcgriff2_.exe

2 Notepads will open, one behind the other. Save both as TXT files; zip them up and attach to your next post.

What anti-virus/ firewall are you using?

Is the Internet connection constant via Ethernet?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://sysnative.com/0x8/netsh_lan_w..._jcgriff2_.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-network-go-from-stable-to-identifying-every-5-second-526607.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Someone PLEASE help.
recently, I have gotten adware or malware claiming to be an antivirus says i have 48 viruses and trojans that I got rid of with malwarebytes. Days later I tried to connect to my wireless router with an endless loop of "identifying network" as a result. I'm 100% sure its not the router because I went to my friends house and tried connecting there with no luck. Can anyone help at all? this is the only computer I have.
Thanks in advanced.

A:Windows 7 says identifying network... FOREVER

If you could follow the guide here, and post the information in this thread, it'd assist me greatly in helping you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201937-windows-7-says-identifying-network-forever.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Whenever i boot up my win7 x64, on the lower right side of bar the blue circle keeps on spinning while it says windows is identifying the network, any idea how to speed up the process of network identification, it takes about 3 mins to identify the network,...fyi i am not using wireless router, it is Motorola surfboard

your help would be appreciated, thank you

A:win7 keeps on Network Identifying..how to speed up that?

On my system it was my Epson printer's "EventManager" application that was doing it. I stopped that from starting when the computer started and it solved the problem.

You can check to see what you have starting on Startup by looking on the Startup Tab in MSCONFIG. (Type that in the Start box).

Most everything on the Startup Tab does not *need* to run, but you can experiment by unchecking them one at a time and Restarting to see if any one of therm causes your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144123-win7-keeps-network-identifying-how-speed-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My custom build PC cannot wirelessly connect to internet I used to connect both wire and wireless and both was working fine But it was often automatically chose wireless so I disabled the wireless Now we moved the modem router combo is too far to wire connected I have to use wireless however it is connection identifying network keeps Wireless not working anymore keeps identifying What Wireless network connection keeps identifying I have done I tried to wired to the modem router worked fine I checked wireless card it is working Wireless network connection keeps identifying fine and updated Signal is strong bars and my laptop can use wireless flawless at the same point I turned off and turned the modem router combo back on three times no luck I checked ipconfig I can see my ip address as below I checked ip release there was an error as below Network adapters Dell trueMobile WLAN Mini-PCI card driver version Processor intel core i motherboard asus OS windows ultimate x I don t know what else I should do to have my wireless back Please help any inputs will be appreciated

A:Wireless network connection keeps identifying

I tried to disable IPV4, not good, then I tried to disable IPV6, now I have wireless.

thank you everyone

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288388-wireless-network-connection-keeps-identifying.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I recently built a computer myself and decided to connect it to our internet, it connects to the wireless router but it keeps saying identifying the network and has a X between the network and internet. I tryed both wireless and wired.

Do I have to change any setting of the PC or router? (im using a D-link DIR-615 wireless router)

Thanks.

A:PC keeps Identifying network and not connecting to the internet, HELP!

Hi amrit,

Did you check if you're Wireless Network is set to "Obtain an IP address automatically" ?
You can check that by going to: Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Right Click on "your wireless adapter" > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102861-pc-keeps-identifying-network-not-connecting-internet-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have ran various malware Network - Wireless Internet Will Not to Identifying Connect and virus removals via http www Wireless Network Identifying - Will Not Connect to Internet bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -x -home-premium topic The computer seems Wireless Network Identifying - Will Not Connect to Internet to be relatively clean but will not connect to the internet in normal mode It will connect in safe mode but still seems to have considerable lag It keeps saying identifying network Running Windows x I have reinstalled drivers reset the router and even tried to hard wire via Ethernet Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Dotson administrator on OFFICEDESKTOP on - - Running from C Users Dotson DownloadsLoaded Profiles Dotson Available profiles Dotson amp Guest Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wbem WmiPrvSE exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officec rclient exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI gt C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run Zemana AntiMalware gt C Program Files x Zemana AntiMalware ZAM exe - - Zemana Ltd HKLM-x Run gt X HKU S- - - - - - - Run RoboForm gt C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe - - Siber Systems HKU S- - - - - - - Run CCleaner gt C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe - - Piriform Ltd ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers Carbonite Green - gt A -F A- - -E D DE B gt C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteNSE dll - - Carbonite Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers Carbonite Partial - gt E CD - F- E - AF - A gt C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteNSE dll - - Carbonite Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers Carbonite Yellow - gt E -B E- bef-A B- A B B A gt C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteNSE dll - - Carbonite Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Dotson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB EDA-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Dotson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB EDB-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Dotson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB EDC-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Dotson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Carbonite Green - gt A -F A- - -E D DE B gt C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteNSE dll - - Carbonite Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Carbonite Partial - gt E CD - F- E - AF - A gt C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteNSE dll - - Carbonite Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x Carbonite Yellow - gt E -B E- bef-A B- A B B A gt C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteNSE dll - - Carbonite Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Dotson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x DropboxExt - gt FB EDA-A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Dotson AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x DropboxExt - gt FB EDB-A - B - E ... Read more

A:Wireless Network Identifying - Will Not Connect to Internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/576225 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576225/wireless-network-identifying-will-not-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop is unable to connect via internet on network Stuck identifying (no access) both wireless and wired to the same network whenever I attempt to connect the laptop gets stuck on identifying network and doesn't continue I am currently on a desktop connected to the same network with complete internet access Here is the ipconfig all from the laptop If anymore information is needed I will gladly provide it Code C Users computer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name computer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Stuck on identifying network (no internet access) Adapter OAS Physical Address -FF-FB- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Stuck on identifying network (no internet access) Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - A- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E- B-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da b c a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- - - - - - E- B-CB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FB -E C - -B B-FE E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EFE CE - F - - A - E A B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - AC- AA - DD- C ECC CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Stuck on identifying network (no internet access)

Carbonshock mate have you checked in the Device Manager for any yellow triangles against the appropriate devices that will indicate a problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330700-stuck-identifying-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So i have issues that happened to occured on the same day at least i think they are coincidental but i mention them in case they are related st issue days ago my daughter shut down my main computer since then when it is started it will not go online The wireless network is 'identifying' constantly My other wireless devices work fine I cannot access Admin CMD line ipconfig as it indicates that the app does not exist any longer and or it is not designed to run on my windows OS In fact all attempts to do anything related to networking gives me a message that i need to re-install my OS as changes have been made recently I have done was days Issues, working Identifying ago 2 Network a restore for all restore points i had available as well nd issue I am getting the msg that i am using a non-genuine windows install when in fact I am besides annoying if i Identifying Network Issues, was working 2 days ago could get online i cannot update windows nor Windows Essentials i have installed I have run Malwarebytes in normal and safe mode - nothing i have Identifying Network Issues, was working 2 days ago run Avast Anti virus in both - nothing Please help I really do not want to re-install Much appreciate any help What else can i tell you Mike

A:Identifying Network Issues, was working 2 days ago

Quote: Originally Posted by MASHER

So i have 2 issues that happened to occured on the same day...at least i think they are coincidental but i mention them in case they are related.

1st issue
2 days ago my daughter shut down my main computer, since then when it is started it will not go online. The wireless network is 'identifying' constantly.

My other wireless devices work fine.

I cannot access Admin/CMD line, ipconfig as it indicates that the app does not exist any longer and/or it is not designed to run on my windows OS.

In fact all attempts to do anything related to networking gives me a message that i need to re-install my OS as changes have been made recently.

I have done a restore for all restore points i had available as well.

2nd issue
I am getting the msg that i am using a non-genuine windows install when in fact I am....besides annoying if i could get online i cannot update windows nor Windows Essentials i have installed.

I have run Malwarebytes in normal and safe mode - nothing.
i have run Avast Anti virus in both - nothing.

Please help!

I really do not want to re-install.

Much appreciate any help!

What else can i tell you?!

Mike

Without the ipconfig/all read out it's a guessing game but it sounds like the Op system was somehow corrupted. If you can't even pull up a command prompt there are bigger problems then just getting online.

A system image really comes in handy for times like these, system restore never works right for me either. Using Windows file recovery to create a system image works well for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223956-identifying-network-issues-working-2-days-ago.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Got infected says virus. Network Removed Win 7 identifying... connection with the Win virus and attempted to remove it by doing the following Booted in safe mode and ran RKill Then ran TDSSKiller followed by a MSE scan This seemed to remove the problem but my internet connection would connect to the wireless network but will not connect to the Removed Win 7 virus. Network connection says identifying... internet and just says Identifying I then got some advice from a friend to run Combofix I know I should have consulted this forum first but nothing changed I have Removed Win 7 virus. Network connection says identifying... copied and pasted the log at the bottom I am using an Asus eeepc with Windows bit I also have a Linux partition as well if that matters Any help would be greatly appreciated ComboFix - - - Jason - x Microsoft Windows Starter GMT - Running from c users Jason Desktop ComboFix exe AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c programdata FullRemove exe c users Jason AppData Local lvb exe c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB bckfg tmp c windows NtUninstallKB cfg ini c windows NtUninstallKB Desktop ini c windows NtUninstallKB keywords c windows NtUninstallKB kwrd dll c windows NtUninstallKB L xadqgnnk c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jason AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers L C x sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jason AppData Roaming Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows Microsoft Antimalware - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows Windows Defender Offline - - - - ----a-w- c windows system oklE TUWI com - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates D D ECB- A- B - - E FA B mpengine dll Find M Report - - - - ------w- c windows system drivers tdx sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msclmd dll - - - - ------w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates F CE D-FEF - -A DF-B C gapaengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Backup mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml tlb ------- Sigcheck ------- Note Unsigned files aren t necessarily malware - - - DEA EFC D FD B A BF ------ c windows System drivers tdx sys - - B C E D DA C c windows SoftwareDistribution Download e aeb e a a c d d x microsoft-windows-tdi-over-tcpip bf ad e none ec a c c tdx sys - - CB E A A D BFD B c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-tdi-over-tcpip bf ad e none ea e f d e tdx sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion explorer shelliconoverlayidentifiers AsusWSShellExt B quot CC FC -B AA- CD- DC - CBB quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID CC FC -B AA- CD- DC - CBB HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion explorer shelliconoverlayidentifiers AsusWSShellExt O quot A A - B- D A-AFC - D E quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID A A - B- D A-AFC - D E HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion explorer shelliconoverlayidentifiers OVERLAYICONEXTENSION quot fe d-b c - e - d - ec c quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID fe d-b c - e - d - ec c - - ----a-w- c windows System mscoree dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion explorer shelliconoverlayidentifiers OVERLAYICONEXTENSION quot fae d -a e- f - f-be a c ce quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID fae d -a e- f - f-be a c ce - - ----a-w- c windows System mscoree dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWA... Read more

A:Removed Win 7 virus. Network connection says identifying...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/435185 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435185/removed-win-7-virus-network-connection-says-identifying/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, ill keep it simple.

I connect to the wireless network I want. (By the way, this has just happened in the past few days)

It says Idenfying.....

And thats it. Under it it says "Local", but no "and Internet"

Heres my product info,

Modem: Siemens Speedstream 4100
Wireless Router: D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G; the DI-624
ISP: SBC Global.
Im runing Windows Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba Model:Satillite A135.

If you need any extra information, feel free to ask. I would like to reolve thisn issue as fast as possible!!

-----> Right now I am on the laptop in discussion, conected directly to the ethernet able from he modem.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have three laptops connected to the wireless network One with xp one with Vista Home and internet network identifying connection but no Vista the third with Vista Business All with DHCP enabled All connected to the same network All three laptops were able to connect to the wireless connection a few weeks ago Now the laptop Vista Business can not access internet I see the network but it goes to quot Identifying quot stage and ends up having local access only with Vista network connection identifying but no internet the message quot Unidentified network quot I doubt anything was changed on the network side so I m blaming the laptop itself I tried the following things From this thread Code netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel disabled and I also have reset the winsock and ip stacks something along the following lines I forgot exactly what were the commands Code netsh winsock reset global netsh int ipv reset global netsh int ipv reset global It did not change anything Wirless adapter for the computer in question has description quot Vista network connection identifying but no internet Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection quot I do not have access to the wireless router The question is how can I make Vista Business work with the wireless network again I did have similar problems in other places when I can see networks but get local access only while other laptops with XP running on them can connect without problems Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a hp pavilion windows 7 home premium that will not connect to the internet. When i ping google.com i get "ping request could not find host google.com. please check name and try again.". however, when i ping 74.125.224.176 i get "PING: transmit failed. General failure. 100% loss". I have also tried to connect while in safe-mode but not luck and i also reset all setting in IE. I have two other computers connecting to my 2wire modem and they are both working fine. The last attempt was installing a new network pci card. I have also swapped out the cable but i still get "Identifying... No internet access." Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have an old laptop I'd like to bring back to life It doesn't connect to the internet with a wireless or wired connection It locates the network and I can even go into the network and sharing center Internet Identifying Endlessly Network. No Connection and have it find other computers on the network but it never connects to the internet I have multiple other devices ipad cell phone desktop pc blu-ray connected successfully and I have the same problem when connecting to any other network so I'm quite certain it's something to do with the computer and not with my modem router etc I've been searching forums and have read about Bonjour I've flushed dns Endlessly Identifying Network. No Internet Connection and tried a couple other tangential things I can't recall at this point to no avail It's possible I have some sort of malware but I've run several tests and haven't found anything I've attached my ipconfig info as well as a screenshot of a bunch of my system info Endlessly Identifying Network. No Internet Connection as I've been told to do Thank you in advance to anyone who can help

A:Endlessly Identifying Network. No Internet Connection

Still adamantly working on this. I believe it may have something to do with the fact the DHCP Client service isn't working. I've followed a couple different walkthroughs on how to fix this, but they haven't lined up exactly with my experience. They are usually for Windows XP.

I ran "cmd /k sc qc dhcp"

and got" binary_path_name :C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted"
which I wasn't supposed to encounter..

Not sure it's the issue, but possibly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/291700-endlessly-identifying-network-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a hp pavilion windows 7 home premium that will not connect to the internet. When i ping google.com i get "ping request could not find host google.com. please check name and try again.". however, when i ping 74.125.224.176 i get "PING: transmit failed. General failure. 100% loss". I have also tried to connect while in safe-mode but not luck and i also reset all setting in IE. I have two other computers connecting to my 2wire modem and they are both working fine. The last attempt was installing a new network pci card. I have also swapped out the cable but i still get "Identifying... No internet access." Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.

A:Unable to connect to internet (Identifying network)

Hello willmon2000,

Wow, that is the tiniest screen shot ever! Have you tried hard coding your IP settings to see if its just a DHCP issue (IP, SN, GW, DNS)? Give that a shot; find an unused IP and use that on the machine thats having a difficult time connecting and report back.

If you're not sure how to do that, visit: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439019/unable-to-connect-to-internet-identifying-network/
Relevancy 52.03%

So, I got the win7 anit-virus VIRUS, I removed it and had AVG and Comcast Constant Guard on. As soon as I removed AVG and Constant Guard I lost my internet connection.

I have two hard drives and my internet works on the one hard drive but not on the other. So no modem or router issues. Also noted, the Firewall is disabled and the system will not allow me to make any changes to the system. There are no virus' or malware on the machine. Something is wrong with my settings but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the issue is. I have tried make changes to the registry and services and to no avail. Trying to avoid having to backup and reinstall I have a lot of data and software that I can't risk losing.

A:Connected to Network but no internet stuck on identifying

Welcome to Seven Forums Michael,

Two hard drives? Are you on Dual boot?

Quote:
I have two hard drives and my internet works on the one hard drive but not on the other.

Is the issue wired or wireless connection? Have you tried both?

AV removed? You should install one back for protection.

Can you please provide an ipconfig /all output for review? Please see this Tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212009-connected-network-but-no-internet-stuck-identifying.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Good identifying internet stuck on access No network day My name is Marlo Im unable to connect to the internet since i use combofix to No internet access stuck on identifying network remove some virus like services exe After that virus removal i lost my connection to the internet I've used everything i can fin in this forum but still having the same problem Its stuck on the identifying network Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Canlas administrator on - - No internet access stuck on identifying network at Running from C Users Canlas Desktop Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK afd Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of afd service is OK The ImagePath of afd service is OK Checking LEGACY afd ATTENTION gt Unable to open LEGACY afd registry key The key does not exist Connection Status Localhost is accessible There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errorsAttempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile EnableFirewall DWORD System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wscsvc service is OK The ImagePath of wscsvc service is OK The ServiceDll of wscsvc service is OK Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv service is OK BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of BITS service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legitC Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legitC Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legitC Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legitC Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legitC Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legitC Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legitC Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legitC Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legitC Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legitC Windows System wscsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legitC Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legitC Windows System es dll gt MD is legitC Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legitC Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legitC Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legitC Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum since ComboFix has already been run Animal

A:No internet access stuck on identifying network

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Go to this page: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/win-services/7/Using a good computer download this LEGACY_AFD.reg file to a Flash drive or CD.Copy the file to the desktop of you Windows 7 computer.Run the file and accept to merge the file in the registry.Restart the computer normally.Run the Farbar Service Scanner tool and post a fresh log.If you still have any difficulties please post the exact error message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500210/no-internet-access-stuck-on-identifying-network/
Relevancy 52.03%

Have just moved and my ISP is now Comcast from Verizon In the new location I am connecting through a router Cisco E and Network Switch Monoprice port Desktop is Running Win bit When trying to connect I get the quot Unidentified Network quot spinning that I have seen others report It seems to be an issue between the Desktop and the Switch as I can connect the desktop directly to the router which works connect a Laptop running XP to the same cord that the Desktop is using works fine I've tried disabling IPv netsh winsock reset updating NIC driver etc Help please Here is the ipconfig all I can also Unidentified Network continuously Identifying trying connect to - / post the ipconfig from the laptop Unidentified Network / Identifying - continuously trying to connect connected to the same cable which works if that would be helpful for compare C Users Judy and Jon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JudyandJon-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Unidentified Network / Identifying - continuously trying to connect Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connecti on Physical Address - D- - -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Unidentified Network / Identifying - continuously trying to connect Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc b b e f cb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - F - -B D- D EA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Unidentified Network / Identifying - continuously trying to connect

Hi jon777, welcome to Seven Forums.

Try this Network Connections.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229018-unidentified-network-identifying-continuously-trying-connect.html
Relevancy 52.03%

High I have searched this fourm and many others and have tried the soulitions in most of the threads to no avail so i started a new post to get some help here goes my problem I have a Dell insperion running vista home basic and i can connect to a router but local only both wired and wirelessly here are my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt cd C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type connection identifying network but Vista no internet Broadcast Vista network connection identifying but no internet IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -AE- B- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Draft n WLAN Min i-Card Physical Address - F-E - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Vista network connection identifying but no internet Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CCB C C-A AF- -B B- C br A B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B -C D- BA -B DC- BCE br FED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all My first post here Usually extensive googling forum reading experimentation etc leads to solutions This one has me stumped I m fairly good with networking -- not an expert Limited Connectivity/Identifying Network Work by any means when it comes to layer protocol but I have the basics and some intermediate stuff down well That means I usually get to address the network problems at work since we don t have Work Network Limited Connectivity/Identifying a full time IT guy We re having trouble connecting to the network suddenly Wired LAN connections are unaffected but the wireless is a mess I know it isn t my machine because my laptop works just fine on every other wireless Work Network Limited Connectivity/Identifying network and EVERY wireless machine here is unable to connect We re getting stuck at the identifying stage Limited connectivity so I can t reach the router until I plug in Running a Verizon Fios actiontec mi wr Rev C router Everyone has g NICs Signal strength is excellent I d list all the security information but nothing has changed since we started having trouble I ve tried resetting the router -- sometimes that buys several hours of properly functioning connectivity and then we re back to square one We ve got about ethernet clients about wireless clients at any given time and a very high bandwidth surveillance server that sends data across the network but again that s all ethernet Any ideas on where to start Many thanks Been quite crippling here nbsp

A:Work Network Limited Connectivity/Identifying

If it is anything Verizon check with them first to see if they have made any unannounced firmware or other updates. Iare you connecting and just not being authenticated? Can you access any network resources via \\ipaddress\sharename? Are you getting the same IP and subnet as your wired LAN?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/work-network-limited-connectivity-identifying.1019445/
Relevancy 52.03%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4027 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1790 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 275630 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0P792H
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

ok so i have tried many things i have tried to reset my router with the cmd prompt i have checked my drivers i have tried the simple things and at this point i am not sure what it is i need help asap please and thank you

A:laptop identifying network but will not connect fully

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping test
have you a security suite /fireall on the PC or ever had like Norton, mcafee trail version?

how are you connecting - cable or wireless

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-identifying-network-but-will-not-connect-fully.1037422/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I am having Dell Inpiron Following are specs Processor Intel R Core Tm i CPU M GHz RAM - GB OS is Network Dell not identifying Wired Solved: the Laptop - Windows ultimate but Click to expand Click to expand I am unable to connect to the wired network Solved: Dell Laptop is not identifying the Wired Network We have a port prolink router and there is no error with it I know because I am using the same cable for my laptop which I am using for my desktop I just unplug it from the desktop and plug it to laptop I am unable Solved: Dell Laptop is not identifying the Wired Network to provide any specs from the desktop because Solved: Dell Laptop is not identifying the Wired Network there is an error in that computer However I can give ipconfig all data from my father s computer which use another port of the same router My laptop is working perfectly with the Mobile BroadBand And this is a dual boot computer with Ubuntu LTS and the cable is fine with Ubuntu Following is the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users yohan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name yohan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- C- E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- F-F -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address C -F -DA- F-F -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -F -DA-C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - -F - E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc c a a d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AD- F- F-C -F -DA- F-F -A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CE ED-B D- B - CD - E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B A- EC - E - - E A BB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CB F -DD - -A -F A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AC -BDA - A - A - A C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CAC A-EA A- -BAD -C DDFA D EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfigurat... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

My wireless won't connect to the internet at work and get stuck saying it is identifying. It works at home. All the other computers in the office work so it must be my computer. I've tried stuff on other forums or just get ignored. Can someone please help me? I operate a Lenovo V570 with Windows 7 64bit. The internet works when wired. Its just the wireless.

A:Wireless network is stuck in an identifying loop. Pleae help

You can try removing the work network from your saved wireless networks.
Click the network icon (ascending bars or screen) down bottom right of your display.
Click open network and sharing centre.
Click manage wireless networks (or something like that)
Then try removing your work and adding it again.

Does your work not have an IT dept?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242531-wireless-network-stuck-identifying-loop-pleae-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This happened today after I turned the laptop off I tried editing the registry turning off iphelper and ipv Wireless doesn't work, network. identifying it says Solved: Here are the specs I hope I can solve this Any help would be greatly appreciated Windows IP Configuration Host Name test-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Solved: Wireless doesn't work, it says identifying network. Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - F- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cdd e a e ee Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - -E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - Solved: Wireless doesn't work, it says identifying network. - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AB - C B- C-B A -C A D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

My laptop is running on windows bit and my wireless adapter is intel Intel Centrino Wireless-N The problem is it never connects to wifi its recognizing the signal but the adapter is stuck on identifying acquiring stuck identifying/acquiring. internet. Can't network Wireless on access network I noticed the problem about a month ago Wireless network stuck on identifying/acquiring. Can't access internet. and i have searched everywhere and tried almost everything I have my computer for over a year hence i may not know if what i did installed some softwares changed settings to have this problem I did a system restore but for some reason some restore point are not there im pertaining to the restore point i made they day i bought my computer I tried restoring using the oldest one which is like a week ago the problem was fixed for few days only so i did the restore again and made sure i will not install uninstall any software or changed any settings but it the same problem occurs These are my theories of what i think might be causing the problem I installed and reinstalled the driver but it still didnt work i assume if i downloaded the wrong driver so i search again looking for a different one but it only leads me to the same link and file Im not much of an techy person but i assume our network administrator has purposely blocked my computer for some reason if thats possible so i used my phone as a hotspot and connect to its wifi but still the same problem I saw the Network Controller under Device Manager has the yellow caution sign i tried to update the driver but it says it cant search for the driver On Change Adapter Settings under Control Panel it shows there are wifi adapters one of them is the wifi adapter itself Intel and the other are quot Virtual Miniport quot that are forever has an red x mark I don t know if that has something to do with my problem but should they be on red x mark and what is the purpose of that nbsp

A:Wireless network stuck on identifying/acquiring. Can't access internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-stuck-on-identifying-acquiring-cant-access-internet.1117126/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 2nd pc (netbook) Asus windows 7 32bit. When I pull up Network connections to view the to connections listed- Local Area & Wireless Network - When you click connect, it continuously says identifying. ON BOTH connections when you try connecting with both. I went to device manager and they are both there being still installed as will as the few hidden items such as the MiniPorts(IP, IPv2, & etc.). I need help fixing this issue to actually be able to connect to a network properly without is saying identifying. You cannot troubleshoot the issue as it is not finding a problem with the adapters. Please help.

When I did another troubleshooting just now, it says "Problem with wireless adapter or access point - Detected - With a caution sign. I do not have a way to reinstall a new driver on that pc. Please help. Thanks so much in advance.

A:Promblem with Atheros AR9285 wireless Network Adapter-Says Identifying

Quote: Originally Posted by bizzeb

I have a 2nd pc (netbook) Asus windows 7 32bit. When I pull up Network connections to view the to connections listed- Local Area & Wireless Network - When you click connect, it continuously says identifying. ON BOTH connections when you try connecting with both. I went to device manager and they are both there being still installed as will as the few hidden items such as the MiniPorts(IP, IPv2, & etc.). I need help fixing this issue to actually be able to connect to a network properly without is saying identifying. You cannot troubleshoot the issue as it is not finding a problem with the adapters. Please help.

Hi bizzeb, Have you visited the Asus website? reinstall the network adaptors ,also check with a virus scanner to make sure you are infection free If you would be so kind and give us a little more info on the netbook we may be able to help you further

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205861-promblem-atheros-ar9285-wireless-network-adapter-says-identifying.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok this just happened recently and I don t know what is causing it I ll try to give u a brief overview of the situtation I m in XP used to be on my D driver gigs it internet Computer My network gone icon loading settings icon is extremely slow, in got screwed up BSOD at the time I didn t know as much computers My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone so I My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone installed XP to my C driver gigs This has worked pretty fine up until when SP was released I can t install SP because XP takes up about gigs by itself Without SP I just have been running some extra firewalls so compensate Well about days ago I noticed whenever I open up my computer it takes like or seconds before the hard drivers appear Then I went into network connections to look at my internet icon to check the settings I opened it up and nothing My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone was there The only thing there was on the far left it was asking me if I wanted to setup a network my internet is working on all the computers I have ran different spyware scans and found nothing ran mcaffee scans and nothing I can t restore my computer because all the restores got deleted when I was trying to free space on my drives Where do I go usually I can solve tech problems but I mean this is beyond weird What do I do first if you need more information just ask because I really need some advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-icon-loading-extremely-slow-internet-icon-in-network-settings-is-gone.419408/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a problem that started with the last windows update which included an update for my wireless network adapter which I have since rolled back My setup is as follows I have a dual band router The Ghz band's SSID is for example Testg and the Ghz band's SSID is Testg When I click on the network status icon and hover over the Testg connection it shows the SSID as Testg When I go into the Manage Wireless Networks and open the properties for this connection it shows the SSID as Testg I have fooled around with renaming the connections as all of a sudden one showed up as Test with the SSID of Testg Currently I have three connections listed in manage networks manage status different icon show icon Network and SSID networks Testg Testn and Test Testg and Testn Testg was previously Test renamed Testg and Testn previously named Testg renamed to Testn so I could rename Test both show the SSID being Testg The Test connection shows the SSID of Testg Network status icon and manage networks icon show different SSID Looking at this information by left clicking and hovering over the connections on the network status icon they show as follows Testg shows an SSID of Test Testn shows an SSID of Testg and Test shows an SSID of Testg Why is the SSID different for the same connection depending on where I look at it and is there a fix for this Thanks bruce

A:Network status icon and manage networks icon show different SSID

Well, due to other issues (thank you Cnet download for installing all kinds of malware on my computer with the program I was trying to get), I had to use a system restore to get rid of something that took over my computer and it also fixed this issue. I used a restore point from before the Windows update that I installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282721-network-status-icon-manage-networks-icon-show-different-ssid.html
Relevancy 49.88%

As you can see, it's not very smooth. The white curved lines have bluish spots inside. When I first installed Windows 10 on a virtual hard disk (vhd), nvidia drivers for my gtx 760 installed automatically by Windows 10 and the icon was very smooth. Later, I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung Evo SSD and this time, it didn't install my graphics card driver automatically, I had to download it from nvidia's website. Anyway, how can I improve the look of this icon and make it smooth?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/56406-network-tray-icon-blurry-how-refresh-icon.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.02%

ever since my last factory restore my network icon shows i am in a local access only but i have access to the web like right now i am on this forum but my computer says i only have access to the not network icon taskbar right icon showing internal network i asked this question in the newsgroup and they said to make sure the services for the network were put down as automatic and that they were started this is the reply i got Double check to make sure that you have the have the Services quot Network Connections quot quot Network List Service quot quot Network Location Awareness quot and quot Network Store Interface Service quot set to Started and Automatic If these are not then it can cause the Network icon to not function properly http www vistax com tutorials -services html Hope this helps Shawn well he was partially right there was something not running and one of them network icon taskbar icon not showing right was manual but it still does the same thing hope someone can network icon taskbar icon not showing right help me also it seems to occur mostly when my aircard is connected it is pcmcia btw it is from t-mobile and i disabled the wifi antenna on the air card since my laptop already has one and it aircard wifi is being a pain because it is trying to connect even tho my laptop antenna is connected which it's why it is disabled edit my apology i wasn't aware that the newsgroup and forum where interconnected but the issue is still not fixed hope someone else has an idea

A:network icon taskbar icon not showing right

*bump* no one can help me further?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179014-network-icon-taskbar-icon-not-showing-right.html
Relevancy 48.59%

It was working day before yesterday The Tray icon only shows the network Ethernet adapter the wifi icon is missing Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks that option is not available Instead I get quot Not Connected - No Connections Available quot If I plug in an Ethernet cable that message goes away But I need wifi I head into the quot Settings quot app choose quot Network amp Internet quot and the topmost tab is quot Airplane Mode quot the quot Wifi quot tab is missing from the Settings app I head into the control panel Tray Tab Icon WiFi Missing; Missing WiFi Settings network and internet network connections change adapter settings and my Wi-Fi adapter is there enabled and full green signal strength quot Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N quot WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing Disabled it and reenabled it to see if that would help didn't help Rebooting twice didn't help Full power reset press-hand-hold power button for seconds and restart didn't help Ran network troubleshooter it says there may be an issue with the wifi adapter's device driver it tried to fix it but failed So I manually updated the device driver in the Properties dialog that seemed to actually install a new driver based on how long it took but it didn't help I wonder if there was a recent auto-update for this device that's causing a problem Or is there some way behind the scenes to hook up this device who's driver seems to be working with the windows app which isn't recognizing it I'm pulling my hair out and wasting a lot of time on this Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated Specs Windows Home -bit upgraded from Windows about months ago Samsung Laptop

A:WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

OK I solved it this way:

in control panel, network and internet, network connections, change adapter settings:
1) disabled the adapter
2) uninstalled the driver (removing from disk)
3) deleted the adapter (right-click didn't let me do it; the option was disabled, but I could delete it by pressing the "del" key while selected)
4) refreshed the view (f5) and saw that the adapter was no longer in the list
5) went to the device manager
6) removed the device
7) chose "find new hardware", the device showed up in the list again
8) rebooted.

I was connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable connection while I did this; it may have helped but I'm not sure.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39729-wifi-settings-tab-missing-wifi-tray-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know how to change this icon back to a WiFi icon? This is on my laptop and it is really annoying that I see this instead of the signal strength of the network I am connected to. Also, whenever I move the mouse over the icon to see the network I am connected to (I have two) it always displays the wrong router name until I click on the button that opens the WiFi connect window. I don't know why this is like this but it seemed to have happened after I plugged in my Ethernet to transfer some files to my Xbox. It has never returned to the original icon since then.

Any help would be appreciated,
Ben

A:WiFi Icon

Is there an arrow just on the left of the icons ? If so, click that and it should show the full range of icons available, one of which should be your signal strength. What you are seeing is the icon for your ethernet connection status(not connected at present)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176528-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My Wifi Icon appears different sometimes. The Wifi works with both Icons, but I was just curious what one of them was. == The one below with the cone is how it should be. But then sometimes I get the one with the monitor and a cord like the Wifi is unplugged, but it still works. I was just curious what the one with the monitor was supposed to mean?

The one with the monitor and the Ethernet cable is showing that the Ethernet connection is working.

Usually if an Ethernet cable is plugged in it will override the Wireless connection and Windows will choose the Ethernet connection. If you unplug the cable it will go back to using the wireless connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275942-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The Wifi icon in the task bar (attachment) usually stayed solid with 5 bars, but after a Windows 8.1 reinstall the Wifi icon fluctuates up to 5 bars when i open a web page and down even to two bars when no web page is open. The Wifi signal is quite good at the moment but at times i do get drop outs. I have a TP Link WN8200ND USB adapter and sometimes the computer is unable to recognize it and i have to unplug it and replug to get connection again. I`ve update the appropriate drivers uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. Somebody who knows please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-icon-1083185.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My system was functioning fine until I was at the hospital and a unsecure network message came up on my computer. I went to my hotspot so my daughter could do her homework. The next time we got on the laptop there was no wireless connection for my hotspot and the wifi symbol was not lit up I tried the f2 key but still no luck. When I go thru the WLAN utility from control panel it says "there were no adapters available and enabled". I tried to restore to an earlier date but it said " there were no changes made" and the network connections do not show any of the wifi connections. I have looked on device mngr to see if there were any "!" and there are none. I'm not sure if the hosp. wifi somehow confused my WLAN card. I am baffled.

A:No WiFi icon

this is a laptop i assume?

what make and model?

some laptops have a switch on the side or front of them to enable or disable wireless, maybe somebody has hit that switch by accident and turned it off....look around the outside edges of your laptop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560023/no-wifi-icon/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
recently, I don't know why, the icon right by the clock that shows you wether you're connected to the wireless internet (I have a laptop Acer Aspire 7745G) and shows you the signal strength shows that I'm not connected (red X by the bars that show the signal strength) even though I really am connected to the internet, I can go on google, youtube, etc. Anyway to fix this?

Check in your connections to see if your computer thinks you have multiple wireless connections.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210175-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Why do I at times get this error as shown in the screen shot?

Thanks.

A:Yellow WiFi icon?

Hi from Sevenforums,

Can update your drivers and let us know wether you have internet or not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332511-yellow-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, Have tried all options like BIOS reset, drivers installation and everything that forums said, nothing worked out. Also in Device Manager, under "Network Adaptors" there is only "Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection" 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-icon-is-not-showing/td-p/5759460