Windows Support Forum

Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

Q: Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

I am working on a laptop for a friend who's wireless will not enable I was told that the issue occurred around the same time enable Network on Adapter laptop won't that the battery failed I'll attempt to recall all the steps I have taken so far to attempt to resolve this When CAT is unplugged the wireless icon shows now networks available Attempting to go to change device settings the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled Right click - gt Enable shows the enabling pop up but it remains disabled Fn F keyboard shortcut for enable disable wireless Tried using a known working USB WiFi dongle failed Downloaded new driver from Dell based on Network Adapter won't enable on laptop the laptop's Service Tag Tried auto install installed successfully but no change Manually searched for driver and selected it still no change Ran Windows Update Tried restoring to a month old restore point fails Updated BIOS Checked started stopped and verified set to automatic quot DW WLAN Tray Service quot and quot WLAN Autoconfig quot in the services msc Tried restoring to month old restore point in Safe Mode fails Uninstalled hardware in device manager reboot reinstall from Dell support site I'm at a loss now I have a Bachelors in Computer Science and I cannot make a laptop enable it's wireless device NOTE The wireless is a DW with built in Bluetooth The Bluetooth works fine but the Wi-Fi does not System Specs directly from the support dell com site after running a HW scan On the website the network adapter shows as blank However it DOES appear correctly in my Device Manager The device driver I install is Network Driver GR D WN A EXE Computer Model Inspiron BIOS Vendor Dell Inc BIOS Version A BIOS Date OS Version Microsoft Windows Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU U GHx Memory JDIMM GB DVD Drive PLDS DVD -RW DU- A HH Disk Drives WDC WD LPVX- V TT Display Adapters Intel R HD Graphics IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

Somewhere on the laptop, there is a way to turn the wireless on or off. I would look for the user guide for that particular laptop (or google it) and then try turning the wireless on if its off and or off and back on. Let us know what you find...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60494-network-adapter-wont-enable-laptop.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

How do you enable LAN or wifi prior to signing in? I disabled it from Network and Sharing Center.

I log in with a Microsoft account but I'm getting error: 
"Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC".

I've been trying out the local account password to no avail.

I also want to be able to boot from USB to try resetting the local account. This is what I'd get:

"Checking media presence
Media present
Start PXE over IPv6.."

Then after sometime it will boot to Windows sign in page. 

I already went to BIOS to enable any LAN I can find, and changed boot order to boot to USB first. 

I have Dell XPS Desktop 8700. Windows 8.
Thanks. 

A:How to enable network adapter pre-log on?

In order to boot from USB, you would need to disable SecureBoot and FastBoot in BIOS. Also enable CSM or legacy mode.

Follow the steps here to enable the hidden Administrator Account in Windows. Then login to that account and enable your adapter. In the guide I linked to the program has been updated to a newer version,Latest release is 140201 (2014-02-01). You can download it here. Do not reset any password. Only enable the Administrator account. You will need to burn the iso file in order to make a bootable CD or you can use the iso file with Rufus to make it bootable. Select MBR for the partition scheme. If that does not work use GPT. Select ISO image in the dropdown box and click on the folder icon. Browse to the iso file you downloaded. Boot the computer and enable the Administrator account. Reboot and login to the now unhidden Administrator account. After enabling your network adapter in the Administrator account, you can create a new user if desired.

See this for changing from a Windows Live account to a local account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547194/how-to-enable-network-adapter-pre-log-on/
Relevancy 70.52%

New pc that i built, everything works properly but the internet connection...
Windows said i needed the drivers for my router, so i tryed installing them but it said Enable Wired Network Adapter and said to retry after. I don't know what it's talking about. Router is D-Link WBR-1310.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I just got a router within the past few weeks And it has been working fine I have two desktops and I had only connected one to the router since I ve had it I ve been trying to connect the other desktop but when I put the disk in to install the router it says I have to enable wired network adapter Which I have The internet is detected on my computer but its locked I ve disabled and enabled network adapter? wired Enable my network adapter through the device manager but it still doesnt detect it I ve tried switching ports on the router but it doesnt help Turned off my computer and unplugged and plugged everything in again Desktop thats connected and working- Windows Vista Desktop thats connected and not working- Windows Xp Service- Your Link Inc Router-D-link DIR- My desktop with windows xp is a custom computer but has never had issues with connection before I ve been able to use the internet on it with a different router Don t know if you need this info but I also have a laptop and Enable wired network adapter? xbox connected and all are working fine Sorry if this wasn t enough information If you need more I ll be happy to post it at a further date Thanks Kaela nbsp

A:Enable wired network adapter?

you dont need the CD - it should be able to connect and get an IP and connect

best thing to do is post an ipconfig /all here and also do the ping tests & device manager info

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
then:
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all

Post back the results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53

post back results

rightclick in the box

select all

enter

then reply here and

control key + V to paste

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} > network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
--------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-wired-network-adapter.904486/
Relevancy 70.52%

I am unable to get an internet connection on my ALX laptop, running Vista Home, SP2. I know the problem is specific to the laptop because I can get a wireless and wired internet connection on other computers in my home.

When I checked network adapters in device manager, it shows a) Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller and b) WLAN mini-PCI module. No 1394 connection is listed. Windows diagnostics says both the network adapters and their drivers are working properly.

I tried ipconfig /all. Only the Windows IP Config info comes up......No mention of of ethernet adapters at all. I tried unchecking IPv6 from both network adapters but I couldn't see that that helped resolve the problem. Checked BIOS.....no help.

I am out of ideas. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

A:unable to enable network adapter

Disable the WLAN module > Reboot > Re-enable the WLAN module > Reboot. Also, try updating drivers by going to the manufacturers website and NOT by Windows Update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-enable-network-adapter.882978/
Relevancy 69.66%

Only recently I have had issues with internet drop outs which I thought were to do with my router but
if I disable the Local area connection/adapter and then enable it again the internet starts working.

I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with a new one but it still seems to happen maybe twice a day.

I have a z87 g45 motherboard, I'm not sure if its the killer network manager that comes with the driver
that may be causing problems

A:Have to disable and enable network adapter to fix internet

Hi, have you checked your eventvwr to see what errors might be occurring?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328875-have-disable-enable-network-adapter-fix-internet.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello.

I just got a router within the past few weeks. And it has been working fine. I have two desktops and I had only connected one to the router since I've had it. I've been trying to connect the other desktop but when I put the disk in to install the router it says I have to enable wired network adapter. I have tried to do this but when go back to the set up it says the same thing.

Desktop thats connected and working- Windows Vista
Desktop thats connected and not working- Windows Xp.

------------------------
router-
Make-Linsys Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster
Model-WRT54GS2

when i put { cmd /k ipconfig /all } in the run box a black box comes up (guessing its the command center). all that comes up is
Windows IP Configuration

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator>

Relevancy 68.8%

My netbook is running Windows Starter to enable get then have network online? to disable adapter Always back It is an MSi Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online? U At random intervals can be every few minutes to every couple of hours my connection will show a 'limited connection' and I have to manually disable then enable the network adapter As soon as I have re-enabled it again the internet will connect Sometimes it will force me to restart the netbook for it to connect again I have been searching for fixes for a few days now and have tried the following Disabled firewall Uninstalled antivirus Reinstalled the network adapter Completely removed the adapter driver from the system then downloading one from the Msi website and installing the new driver Changed the router channels to a few different channels Made sure the box which says something like 'allow this device to turn off to save power' is unchecked I have tried the ipconfig renew in CMD as an admin Also tried the ROUTE command read somewhere this could fix it I ensured I didn't have 'bonjour' on the system as I have read this can cause it too I even tried reinstalling the OS too None of the other netbooks in the house does this One running Windows Starter and one on XP Any ideas All help is appreciated Thank you

A:Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online?

You say ipconfig /renew doesn't make it return.

How about running ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246095-always-have-disable-then-enable-network-adapter-get-back-online.html
Relevancy 68.37%

recently, after using computer for a long time (about 5 hours), I get disconnect from network and when I click check for problem, it resolved by reset Local Area Connection (or adapter) and I got BSOD. Or when I disable then enable it again, I also got BSOD.

the error apeared in blue screen is Driver IRQL not less or equal and something about hssdrv6.sys

A:BSOD when disable / enable network adapter, error 0x000000D1

Please post a report following Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282554-bsod-when-disable-enable-network-adapter-error-0x000000d1.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Stand alone Dell Dimension 521 running Vista Home Premium w/ IE 8

Frequently, while surfing the net, when I click on a link (also happens with links in e-mails) I get a page with the msg., "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." Diagnostics displays the solution, "Enable the network adapter "Local Area Connection""

I am not connected to a LAN. Could this have something to do with the 260 6T04 network adapters I have?

A:Internet Explorer cannot display webpage - Enable the network adapter

Hmmm have you gone to your network connection Via control panel and check if your internet is disabled, maybe someone in your house hold click disabled and forgot to turn it back on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-cannot-display-webpage-enable-the-network-adapter.847877/
Relevancy 67.94%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.51%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 67.51%

A user brought a laptop with a broken screen nbsp screen). How laptop (Broken enable blind? to VGA adapter I had it running to a second external monitor and it worked fine but I wanted to do a factory reset on the laptop HP Pavilion Windows nbsp In an attempt to force Windows to boot to the second monitor I disabled the default video driver some last ditch internet advice nbsp Now it won't boot to the second monitor at all and none of the normal Windows methods work Windows Key Alt-F hotkey etc nbsp I think it's because Windows' multi-monitor support depends on that video driver nbsp I need to re-enable that video card but I have to do it blind nbsp I've tried recording and counting my steps but I haven't had any luck Would it be possible to remove the hard drive from the laptop and edit specific Windows configuration files to re-enable that video adapter then put the hard drive back in the laptop and boot it up nbsp Does anyone know what config files these would be nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2db7e99-f571-4542-a50e-538bef64f4b0/how-to-enable-vga-adapter-blind-broken-laptop-screen?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.62%

hi everybody,
i have a serious problem here, i cant connect to internet by any way, i have no wireless connection it says no connection available and i tried wired method and nothing happens, i went to device manager and found out the i dont have any modem and no network adapter found,
the problem started like this>>
i had windows 7 home premium installed in Portuguese language and wanted english so i downloaded torrent that said is clean win7 home premium , after i installed that i did get english language but after that i cant connect to any network, i am now connected using pda net on my mobile.(usb tethering).
please help.

A:network adapter not found on my laptop..please help

Hello there, what Toshiba model are we talking about?

Did you go to the Manufacturer's website and look for the drivers?

You shouldn't download copies from a Torrent file, because they could be damaged or altered in some way, always use a DVD, from a friend, from work, wherever, but of course, use a legal key all the times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142136-network-adapter-not-found-my-laptop-please-help.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi. I am not sure if I am in the correct forum for this or not so please forgive me if I am. I have a HP laptop running Windows 7. For the last couple of weeks my network adapter keeps disconnecting from Wi-fi. I have not had any issues with my desktop or the other two laptops in our house. I keep re-connecting and when it kicks me off it does a repair check and tells me that it is fixing the network adapter. I do not know much about computers so I don't even know where I need to start to pin point the problem. Can someone guide me in the right direction of how I can see what the problem is?

A:Laptop Network adapter keeps kicking off

Hi next time it shuts off go to device manager and check to see if you have any error flags either a yellow ! or red x
have you tried updating or reinstalling the driver for your wifi from the computer makers support site for your model

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-network-adapter-keeps-kicking-off-668996.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I came across this forum while searching for answers on google by alas I wasn't able to find and clear answer so I feel as if you folk over here may be able to help me First off back in December I brought an ASUS G SX-BBK and it was running perfectly until about two weeks ago Two weeks ago I made the Network on adapter found not laptop? decision that I wanted to try out the beta version of Windows and truth behold I didn't really like it thankfully I also had ubuntu running alongside so I just used that until I Network adapter not found on laptop? could get a hold of a restore dick for windows A couple days later I was messing around with my computer looking to see as if I could find anything that would fix the problem and I came across a feature stating that it would restore the hard drive and for some reason I thought that it meant it would restore it to its original state of when it had windows running on it Well after or so hours the process of it was through and I found out that windows was still running strong A couple of days later my brother finally got his computer and he gave me his restore disc and I thought that this would solve all of my problems This process only took about minutes to an hour but after it finished and I attempt to connect to the internet it refused too stating that it needed a network adapter and that I should connect to the internet for information on how to fix it It's been like that for over a week and it's getting to the point where it is pissing me off I considered re-downloading ubuntu onto the computer though a USB drive or burning it on a CD and than downloading it via there but it wouldn't make much of a difference considering the driver is messed up Please of you know how to fix this help please

A:Network adapter not found on laptop?

Restoring with your brother's restore disc was not such a swift idea. Your brother's system has different drivers for a different hardware configuration.

What you should use is an installation disc like the one you can get from here. It may still ask you for the CD/DVD driver, but you can download that from your manufacturers website and store it on a stick from where you can insert it.

Once the system is starting, it should find the other drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220792-network-adapter-not-found-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello my name is Mrbaka and I have two laptop running window but the problem is my first laptop connect to the wifi and I am allow to use the internet freely On the other hand my nd laptop connects to the wifi but isn t allowing to browser the internet However the nd laptop is able to run on server like games server osu Team Fortress and skype but not google yahoo or facebook nor any other websites Getting frustrated I decide to switch the hard help!? Solved: adapter Laptop/Network drive and the hard drive on my nd laptop inside the first laptop works using the internet Meaning my st laptop internet works Noticing it I am pretty sure it have sometime to do with the network adapter from my nd laptop because if my st laptop can browser the internet then why can t my nd one My questions is there a way for me to fix this problem I want both laptop in the end able to browser the internet nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I am unable to connect to the internet using wifi. When I go to Intel My Wifi Technology, it tells me that a Network Adapter Not Found. When I try to troubleshoot my internet connection, I receive the message troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

When I go to Device Manager and check the properties of my Network Adapters, device status says "This device is working properly." listed adapters are:
Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6150
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 6150

I have owned this computer since May 2011 and it hasn't given me much issues. Last year the wireless adapter would sometimes automatically turn off, but I was able to fix it using troubleshooting. Now, nothing seems to get the computer to detect a network.

One more thing I'll note. When I go to Intel PROSet/Wireless Tools and diagnose, the "radio test fails

A:Asus laptop: Network Adapter Not Found

I am posting from my work laptop, so when I print screen I have to save the photo to a flashdrive and transfer it to this computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359632-asus-laptop-network-adapter-not-found.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, I recently booted up my laptop and discovered that it wasn't able to identify any wi-fi networks, so I attempted to System Restore and came to error 0x08007005. I attempted to patch it with the error fix, but it failed.

I did more searching and believed I was missing a Lan Driver, but upon installation I got an error message reading that there is no Network Adapter identified, which leaves me here.

I have used msinfo32.exe to indeed identify that there is currently no Network Adapter identified, as well as a fair amount of problem devices, and at this point I don't know where to turn to find more information, please help, and let me know if there is any relevant information I can elaborate with:

A:Laptop missing Network Drivers and Adapter

Hi Myotonia,
can hardly read your screenshot.
But you need the Realtek one thats in the list, Ethernet
and the intel centrino one for your Wifi.

Go to your comps model homepage and download them to a USB.
Then open device manager update but point it to the USB.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399961-laptop-missing-network-drivers-adapter.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok I my on adapter driver Network laptop Uninstalled my first had a problem my internet at my resturaunt was fine but my Thinkpad laptop just said there was limited connectivity issues I tried going on my resturaunt computer to fix the problem there was a youtube saying that uninstalling then re installing the network adapter driver non Uninstalled my Network adapter driver on my laptop Ethernet cable one it would get it back but it just made the problem worse now instead of a circly pointed orange Uninstalled my Network adapter driver on my laptop sign there is a red x on it and it says that there s no connections available each time I click on it I tried trouble shooting but it just said that my Uninstalled my Network adapter driver on my laptop network adapter driver was experiencing problems I tried getting the drivers from intel but that didn t work I should ve system restored from the start but when I finally tried to I already installed a driver that created a restore point and deleted the restore point that was before this whole problem updated the drivers two times but that dang red x is STILL THERE I have two network drivers Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection The second one I did the uninstall re-install method and the red x appeared ive been using my flash dirve to put the drivers in but they didn t work just updates and do nothing Also tried look at other topics but they had different from mine I was so stupid to listen to youtube gt lt OMG PLEASE HELP ME I already did fn f and fn f and filpped the connection switch and it didn t work I have windows nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys Here is my dilemma- I am currently using a laptop with a Wire USB adapter I am the only one in the house which uses my adapter) laptop a (2wire Problem with USB home on network this device The computer in our other room is connected directly to the modem This computer is working perfectly fine HOWEVER the laptop in my room which I use the USB adapter for is not getting any internet When I plug in the USB adapter to my computer The USB is secure in the computer and the phone line is secure in the wall the lights on the adapter show up solid green Power and Network and on the bottom right of my computer it shows it as it is quot Acquiring a Network Address quot After about minutes it gives me the quot Limited or No Connectivity quot icon and popup I ve had this problem Problem with a home network on my laptop (2wire USB adapter) before and I very vaguely really not sure though remember it being a driver problem or something of that nature I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but still nothing Problem with a home network on my laptop (2wire USB adapter) This device is pretty old but still in very good shape and works great almost all of the time However I can t find any of the disks that go with it Does anyone have any clue as to how to get the adapter to fix this quot limited or no connectivity problem quot If you need me to elaborate more on anything I ll do my best sorry for being pretty vague I m not the best with computer Any help would be very very very much appreciated -Will nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

i turned on my laptop and noticed that the light next to the swich that turns on the wireless was red eventhough the swich was in the on position so i tried to diagnose the problum and it told me that i did not have a wireless network adapter installed on my laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-isnt-detecting-my-wireless-network-adapter-313552.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My network card seems to have crapped out on me, and so I need a new one.

Any recommendations? It needs to be compatible with 7 64-bit and I don't wanna be paying too much.

Thanks.

A:Need a good wireless network card/adapter for laptop

If you have any other old dongle lieing about, it might work on Windows 7 already. I followed the link below and it worked for me. I was in exactly the same boat as you, looking for a Windows 7 dongle on google, and wasn't getting anywhere. Turned out I already had the solution in my desk.

Puzbie LTD: Getting USB Wireless Adapters Working with Windows 7.

Alternatively, go on any online store that allows comments and see what people have been saying. eBuyer is pretty good for that in the UK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49993-need-good-wireless-network-card-adapter-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys. Ever since about 5 days ago I've had this problem with my wireless connection. The internet connection is either very slow or will not connect at all (even though it still shows that I have 5 bars and that I'm connected to my home network). I run Windows Diagnostics and it resets my wireless network adapter. It fixes the problem for about 2-3 minutes, then I have to do the whole Windows Diagnostics/Wireless Network Adapter reset thing again. All of my drivers for my network adapters are updated. The type of the Wireless Network Adapter that is unresponsive/broken is an Atheros AR9485. Thank you.

A:ASUS K53E Laptop Windows 7 - Wireless Network Adapter Broken?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k53e-laptop-windows-7-wireless-network-adapter-broken.1083437/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48973-multiple-ethernet-network-adapter-network-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

normally I would not bother you with such a silly question but I just can?t solve the issue.
I run W7 ultimate 64bit on a brand new customized machine. Not an upgrade but a clean Installation
The problem I have is the following:
I upgraded to wireless with D-Link DWA552. I have a Linksys router WRT54G.
Installation and driver upgrade went fine. PCI card is correct in device manager en enabled.
The issue I have is that I cannot enable the wireless adapter.
Ok next step: got another card. Linksys, the a Belkin, the a noname.
Always the same issue. Microsoft compatibility center says YES to 64 bit. Installation is easy as it should be but the wireless adapter stays disabled whatever I do.
I also restartet WLAN Service, I disabled/enabled the hardware.
I appreciate every Info/Tip.
btw I did countless wireless installation.
Am I missing something?
Thanks so much

A:Enable wireless adapter

I assume you have checked that you have installed the driver and it's working properly as noted from Device Manager. I also assume you have enabled the device in BIOS (if applicable).

What machine do you have?

Just the other day i have had issue turning on bluetooth device on one of our laptops. It turns out i needed the hotkey driver. Installed it and turned on BT via Fn + F5 and all seems to come online.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46887-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello- since moving to a new enable. adapter not Wireless will location I've been having problems with my internet connection and have ran several test Yesterday I went to a wired connection instead of wireless and then decided to go back to wired Since my wireless connection is through a linksys WUSB N and it has known problems with skipping when playing games like World of Warcraft I turned off WLAN and had disabled my wireless adapter then installed another program to run the connection Which I had done previously though the last time I didn't turn off WLAN or disable Wireless adapter will not enable. my adapter Then I went to enable the adapater and it wouldn't enable I also turned back on WLAN and restarted It still won't work At this point nothing I do will enable my wireless adapater It shows it is enabling but then it just keeps saying disabled Any suggestions would be great The light on the WUSB N doesn't even turn on when I plug it in now and it just worked less then hours ago

A:Wireless adapter will not enable.

I am having the EXACT same problem... has anyone found anything out about this one yet? Not many things baffle me, but this one has my hair coming out by the fistfuls...

Thanks much,

Jim

Originally Posted by grumpgrump

<SNIP>...I went to enable the adapater and it wouldn't enable.

I also turned back on WLAN and restarted. It still won't work. At this point nothing I do will enable my wireless adapater. It shows it is enabling but then it just keeps saying disabled. Any suggestions would be great.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221164-wireless-adapter-will-not-enable.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have already tried:
1) go to start
2) go to control panel
3) go to network and sharing center
4) gone to manage network connections

it didn't show up on the list for network connections. Only wireless network connection

A:Enable wired adapter?

Click Start.

In the search bar type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click the + next to the pane Network Adapters so it expands, showing all installed hardware.

Take a screenshot of this window and attach the file in your next post.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

If you have no internet connection on the problem PC, transferring the screenshot via flashdrive or CD to a working computer is possible. If this is not practical for you, a detailed listing of the requested information will suffice, along with reports of any ! ? or X's next to the entries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-wired-adapter.1055348/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,

I accidently disabled my USB adapter, and now I don't know how to enable it back. So somebody please help me with that
I use NETOPIA TER/GUSB2-N RT2571/RT73 USB WIRELESS G CARD.

A:Can't enable USB Wireless Adapter

I found a solution, and it involves temporarily bridging the wireless and lan connections (then unbridging). See Technopaideia: Frustrating but ultimately successful fix for Internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248101-cant-enable-usb-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

st Post Moved new can't enable wireless adapter to new house Cable modem is far from desktop no cable outlet in office have to connect wirelessly Bought wireless adapter Asus PCE-N Installed drivers and card All is well BUT computer doesn't see any networks Tried vista's Diagnose Why Can't Find Any Networks and says quot the network adapter ASUS pce-n wireless lan card is experiencing driver or hardware related issues quot On Device manager the card is enabled and working properly BUT on Control Panel gt Network Connections the wireless connection is Disabled When I try can't enable new wireless adapter to enable it it doesn't goes through the motions but in the end it still shows Disabled I re-installed the driver rebooted the machine removed and re-inserted the card more than once same results This is the nd card that I try the st was a Rosewill so I don't think it's the card itself Is something wrong in my settings Or is it the motherboard Or something else Please Help P S the LEDs on the back of the card are both off

A:can't enable new wireless adapter

Go to Device manager and uninstall the device. Reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299389-cant-enable-new-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My HP 8510w has been no wireless adapters available and it looks like caused by INTEL site driver updating, which is not covered by HP driver site.

However, after all drivers re-installed with HP recommended ones, the problem is still there. Both HP Wireless Assistant and Wireless Confirguration Utility are no function.

A:How to Enable Wireless Adapter

HP Compaq 8510w Mobile Workstation

It looks like there are 2 wireless drivers available, a broadcom and an Intel driver. Did you try both? or do you know for sure what wireless card you have? You can try goin to the device manager and try updating the wireless driver from there also. Otherwise if you have any system restore points made, you may want to do a system restore and see if that will bring the correct driver back.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281265-how-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am currently running a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows Professional nbsp On a few occasions in the past the wireless adapter in the unit stopped working nbsp I How wireless to enable adapter don't recall what I did to get it working again then however at How to enable wireless adapter this time I How to enable wireless adapter cannot get it to enable although I followed all the steps for changing adapter settings on the Network and Sharing Center nbsp When I select Connect it simply shows that it is not connected nbsp Nothing I tried seemed to help nbsp I have a Belkin Wi-Fi unit which is working and my laptop works as long as I have an Ethernet cable connected nbsp However if I disconnect the cable the laptop will not connect via the wireless adapter nbsp In the past it would always remain connected to the Wi-Fi even if I disconnected the cable nbsp PLEASE give me any thoughts you might have to troubleshoot this nbsp Thanks in advance for your effort and help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-enable-wireless-adapter/td-p/5689696
Relevancy 53.75%

THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED AS I GOT A NEW ADAPTER

Hello everyone .

First thing.
I have integrated LAN in my PC which I dont use so I disabled it in BIOS.
Than I installed the driver for my Belkin F5D7050.
I go into the Adapter Settings and than it comes up with my adapter disabled so I click on Enable and than the box pops up and says Enabling than Enabled but still its Disabled as its gray. Sometimes the box freezes when Enabling. And yes I have clicked Refresh after I tried to enable.

Anyone got clues, there was no problems when I was connecting with Vista.

Thanks Guys

A:Cannot Enable Wireless Adapter

Hello Sagotua and welcome to the SevenForums. You might want to check this thread out.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27323-cannot-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a linksys WUSB54G v3 adapter that I am trying to install on a machine with server 2008. When I first put it in, it found a driver and installed it. It showed up in network connections, but it was disabled. When I enabled it, nothing happened. I thought maybe it was a problem with the driver windows had picked, so I downloaded the latest official driver from linksys. I uninstalled the one windows had used and followed the linksys installer which errored when it tried to detect the device. Server 2008 is based on the same underlying structure as Vista, and I'm just experimenting so don't worry why I'm connecting a server over wireless. Any ideas on how I can get this thing working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-adapter-wont-enable.887727/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have already tried:
1) go to start
2) go to control panel
3) go to network and sharing center
4) gone to manage network connections

It didn't show up on the list for network connections. Only wireless network connection

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently bought a TP-Link wn353gd wireless adapter. Win7 recognizes it automatically as a realtek 8185 extensible wireless device. However, after the installation completed, I found out that the wireless device appears as "disabled". I clicked "enable" a prompt appeared saying that it was enabling the device, then finish... and the wireless adapter was still disabled.

I tried downloading the win7 drivers from the realtek site, using the vista drivers from the TP-Link cd... nothing. The wireless card is there, I just can't get it to enable.

I did notice that both connection utilities (realtek's and TP-Link's) showed the wireless adapter as disabled, and kept flashing constantly, as if they were being updated.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't enable wireless adapter

hi and welcome..

try this driver Download
and also post your result.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82538-cant-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 52.89%

First off hello I finally joined the forum after using it a lot to fix problems Cannot adapter wireless enable (desktop) I cannot find a solution to this issue I have an HP ENVY H - desktop My internal wireless adapter is a Ralink RT bgn When I go to the right of the screen to connect to my network it just says no networks found My laptops and other devices work fine though connecting to my network In the control panel the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled when I try to enable it it says quot Enabling quot and then quot Enabled quot but remains Disabled I also have a USB Wi-Fi adapter Belkin that I have tried and it recognizes it in the network adapters but still to the right it says no networks are found Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop) The Wi-Fi light is lit on the front of my PC To get internet on Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop) my desktop I am using Internet Connection Sharing with an ethernet cord from my laptop to the back Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop) of my HP Envy desktop This works fine but I'd like to not have to do that haha I tried downloading the drivers from HP's website then uninstalling the WiFi adapter in my Device Manager checked the box to the delete the drivers too I ran the HP exe for the drivers and they installed them and I restarted as requested Still nothing I'm an IT student majoring in Network Systems Administration and I usually never get stumped ever I just solve it myself or use Google haha Properties of Wi-Fi adapter in picture Those two unchecked boxes I don't know what they mean still a sophomore going for my AS lol looked odd to me I checked the Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver box and hit okay it didn't help If i try to enable the other one it tells me that I am actually disabling it I'm stumped Anyone have any ideas or what other info do you need Thanks for reading PS I ran a system restore to a couple days back but once it comes back to my desktop it says the restore failed I will try an even older system restore if that will work Right now I am going to boot into safe-mode with networking and see if it works to eliminate any third-party software issues Reporting back soon UPDATE Back from Safe-Mode land still nothing helped not even the Belkin USB I know it must be something small and simple or I hope

A:Cannot enable wireless adapter (desktop)

I'm not clear on this but did the current driver ever work correctly?

Is your router set up with WPA2 security with AES encryption, have you tried updating the firmware on the router?

Do you have any third party anti virus software installed on this system?

Have you tried using a different driver? This one might work for you.
Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15762-cannot-enable-wireless-adapter-desktop.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys, I need some help here before I throw my computer out the window

Trying to get my wireless adapter enabled on my PC, its a laptop on the side of the laptop there is a slide button to enable/disable the wifi, well when i slide it to enable, it wont turn on.

before i fixed this by disabling/enabling the adapter in the manage devices on my pc.

well now that doesnt fix the issue, windows says its enabling it but its not picking up any signal, and it was before, when i goto control panel> adjust commonly used mobility settings it says wireless off

help! gharrrr, thanks.

A:Wireless adapter wont enable

Quote: Originally Posted by amw86

Hey guys, I need some help here before I throw my computer out the window

Trying to get my wireless adapter enabled on my PC, its a laptop on the side of the laptop there is a slide button to enable/disable the wifi, well when i slide it to enable, it wont turn on.

before i fixed this by disabling/enabling the adapter in the manage devices on my pc.

well now that doesnt fix the issue, windows says its enabling it but its not picking up any signal, and it was before, when i goto control panel> adjust commonly used mobility settings it says wireless off

help! gharrrr, thanks.

the way you describe it just sounds like it isn't physically switching on, this is going to be purely controlled by the button on the side of the laptop ?

has this been happening since you got the laptop and has it ever worked ?

what make and model do you have ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69014-wireless-adapter-wont-enable.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i just installed diamond stealth radeon 7000 64mb video card and the game i want to play doesn't support it. So i want to get my onboard display adapter enable so i can send this new card back? i tried going to display adapter but it only shows the new card. how do i find the old adapter?

A:Enable onboard display adapter

Try removing the new card first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enable-onboard-display-adapter.121252/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've tried looking everywhere but can't find how to switch on my onboard display adapter.

I'm very much a beginner but I have a Dell 755 Optiplex with Windows XP sp3

I disabled the onboard display adapter and when I go to the device manager it is no longer displayed. I've read I might be able to re-initialize it in the bios but don't really know what that is or how to do it.

I have a Radeon HD 2400 that is currently enabled so I can see the screen ok, it's just no matter what I try I can't re-enable the default onboard adapter

Can anyone help? Thanks

A:Re-enable Onboard Display Adapter

From the users manual:

Video
Primary Video: This setting specifies which video controller is primary, Auto or Onboard/Card
(Auto default): . When Auto is selected, the add-in video controller will be used.
NOTE: A PCI Express graphics card will override the integrated video controller.Click to expand...

It looks like the BIOS offers no option to enable the on-board graphics if a PCIe graphics card is plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-enable-onboard-display-adapter.941598/
Relevancy 52.46%

On this laptop, we tried to connect to our router via this USB Network adapter. We went into 'Manage wireless networks' and disabled the Belkin Wireless adapter, to see what would happen if we re-enabled it. But after we disabled it, it dissapeared. We can't even set it up again. what do we do?

A:Belkin Wireless N Adapter wont enable

Hello,

USB network devices sometimes do conflicts with another USB device (mouse/keyboard).

Also, it might help to disable Hibernation Mode from your computer.

You may also set to your own SSID (Wireless Network Connection), here's how.

Please post back with an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160111-belkin-wireless-n-adapter-wont-enable.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all.I accidentally disabled my onboard display adapter and after rebooting, the screen goes black but windows continues to load in the background.Can someone kinldy post a step by step guide for re enabling the adapter for windows 7 ultimate using a Keyboard.Thanx.

A:Help enable display adapter win7 ultimate

If you disabled it in the BIOS, reset the BIOS to defaults with the motherboard jumper. If you disabled it in Windows, try hitting the F8 key during boot up. You might get lucky and get a screen to select safe mode of VGA mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/242179-help-enable-display-adapter-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 52.46%

In OS X, it's very easy to turn on/off the wifi. You just click on the signal icon.

In Windows 7, I have to go to the tray, right click on the network icon, enable and disable adapter and also go through the annoying UAC popup. It's like 12 steps. Is there any shortcut or method to get it down to a couple of steps?

A:Is there a 1-click to enable/disable the wireless adapter?

Wireless Connection Workaround for Standby or Hibernation

Check this tutorial out and see if this is what you are looking for!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99343-there-1-click-enable-disable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 52.46%

when i try to enable my wireless adapter, i get blue dump screen. how do i fix this?

A:cannot enable wireless adapter, i get blue screen

Have you tried updating the wireless driver? That seemed to fix it when I saw this on a friend's PC.

First try updating it through Windows Update. If that doesn't work, try googling the device in order to find the developer's official website so you can download the driver off of that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543898/cannot-enable-wireless-adapter-i-get-blue-screen/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Lenovo desktop with Windows The past couple weeks or so I have started having issues with the wireless internet where the signal will flash an exclamation point stating that the network is quot limited quot This may happen once every couple hours or more than once per minute If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again the internet works fine Running the Troubleshooting program on the wireless results in a message saying that the default pathway was not available and that it reset my Wifi adapter I was assuming that the problem would be with the computer since resetting the desktop s adapter fixes the problem and I don t have to touch the router However I ve also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone which also bounce off that same router are having issues with wireless connectivity And for both the fix is the same as for the computer I just shut the to and Disable/Enable adapter Wireless Losing Signal Having Wifi off and switch it back on and it works afterward So then I started thinking the problem would be with the router except that the three devices do not always lose connectivity at the same time The computer loses it the most often followed by the phone and then the iPad Sometimes I have lost connectivity simultaneously on two or all of the devices at once but the most common problem is that only the computer loses it while the iPad and phone are still able to connect Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this issue Would it be possible to Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter have a faulty router that affects some but not all of the devices using its signal And if it was the router how does resetting the Wifi on the devices themselves resolve the issue if only temporarily Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter

If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again, the internet works fine.Click to expand...

how long for - until next reboot of the PC ? or for days ?
However, I've also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone, which also bounce off that same router, are having issues with wireless connectivity. And for both, the fix is the same as for the computer. I just shut the Wifi off and switch it back on, and it works afterward.Click to expand...

then its a router/modem cable ISP issue maybe

lets start by noting the lights on the router/modem
Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

next , lets see an xirrus screen shot from the desktop

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-ta... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-signal-and-having-to-disable-enable-adapter.1131854/
Relevancy 52.03%

ello folks
i have an x-fi titanium soundcard with logitech 5.1 speakers that use 3x 3.5mm jacks ive ordered a set of roccat kaves which also use 3x3.5mm jacks.
what i would like to know is. is there some kind of cable or a switch box that i can plug all jacks in but select which device i want to use? so i dont have to keep swapping them at the back of my pc. or is the best thing to just use some 3.5mm jack extensions and mount them closer to me. then just swap the cables as and when??

any help is much apreciated folks. thanks in advance

A:help findin adapter to enable both 5.1 devices to connect but select 1

you could do it by bypassing your sound card, using a usb sound card such as StarTech.com 7.1 USB Audio Adapter Sound Card with SPDIF Digital Audio Sound card - 48 kHz

not sure if you could run an optical cable from your sound card to that card... might not support input and output.

I have a USB surround sound headset, and personally i cant notice a drop in sound performance, mainly as headphones sound different to my AV receiver speakers as it is lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/207081-help-findin-adapter-enable-both-5-1-devices-connect-but-select-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

A:AWUS036H adapter can't find specific network but inbuilt adapter can

Quote: Originally Posted by Herp

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

Here is the problem, the AWUS036H can only see b or g signals, it's not 802.11n capable so it can't see N only signals. The Landlord has a router which is set to broadcast the faster setting which is 802.11n only, not mixed with b or g because that would limit the connection speed to 54Mbps.

This means that you can't see his N only signal because the AWUS036H isn't N capable. No doubt the inbuilt adaptor is N capable.

You really need to get one that can pick up b, g and more importantly n which is much faster and usually has more range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313981-awus036h-adapter-cant-find-specific-network-but-inbuilt-adapter-can.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 51.17%

Desk top machine. Windows Vista Home Prem. 32b.

The OEM independent graphic card was taken out of the machine a week ago because of its fan not running. And a recovery to out of factory status was carried out. Then, a few days later, a message popped up as the following:

"The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager."

Update ATI graphics driver or enable ATI adapter using the Displays Manager, which is easier to do? And how to perform, please?

Thanks.

A:How to update ATI graphics driver or enable ATI adapter using the Displays Manager?

Since you've taken out the OEM install GPU, your system is now using the onboard GPU of your mobo. That message is telling you to update your onboard GPU driver.

To do this we need the make/model of your OEM PC and then we can link you to your PC's driver support downloads webpage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-update-ati-graphics-driver-or-enable-ati-adapter-using-the-displays-manager-1006218.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a laptop with a wireless adapter And I have some code that How mode wireless for enable to programmatically? ExtAP on adapter my Windows can turn on the nbsp monitor mode nbsp on it The code is shown below WlanHelper cpp Defines the entry point for the console application include quot stdafx h quot include lt stdio h gt include lt tchar h gt include lt How to enable ExtAP mode for my wireless adapter on Windows programmatically? conio h gt include lt stdio h gt include lt stdlib h gt include lt windows h gt include lt wlanapi h gt define WLAN CLIENT VERSION VISTA DWORD SetInterface WLAN INTF OPCODE opcode PVOID pData GUID InterfaceGuid DWORD dwResult HANDLE hClient NULL DWORD dwCurVersion DWORD outsize How to enable ExtAP mode for my wireless adapter on Windows programmatically? Open Handle for the set operation dwResult WlanOpenHandle WLAN CLIENT VERSION VISTA NULL amp dwCurVersion amp hClient dwResult WlanSetInterface hClient InterfaceGuid How to enable ExtAP mode for my wireless adapter on Windows programmatically? opcode sizeof ULONG pData NULL WlanCloseHandle hClient NULL return dwResult enumerate wireless interfaces UINT EnumInterface HANDLE hClient WLAN INTERFACE INFO sInfo DWORD dwError ERROR SUCCESS PWLAN INTERFACE INFO LIST pIntfList NULL UINT i try enumerate wireless interfaces if dwError WlanEnumInterfaces hClient NULL reserved amp pIntfList ERROR SUCCESS leave print out interface information for i i lt pIntfList- gt dwNumberOfItems i memcpy amp sInfo i amp pIntfList- gt InterfaceInfo i sizeof WLAN INTERFACE INFO return pIntfList- gt dwNumberOfItems finally clean up if pIntfList NULL WlanFreeMemory pIntfList return open a WLAN client handle and check version DWORD OpenHandleAndCheckVersion PHANDLE phClient DWORD dwError ERROR SUCCESS DWORD dwServiceVersion HANDLE hClient NULL try phClient NULL open a handle to the service if dwError WlanOpenHandle WLAN API VERSION NULL reserved amp dwServiceVersion amp hClient ERROR SUCCESS leave check service version if WLAN API VERSION MAJOR dwServiceVersion lt WLAN API VERSION MAJOR WLAN API VERSION No-op because the version check is for demonstration purpose only You can add your own logic here phClient hClient set hClient to NULL so it will not be closed hClient NULL finally if hClient NULL clean up WlanCloseHandle hClient NULL reserved return dwError get interface state string LPWSTR GetInterfaceStateString in WLAN INTERFACE STATE wlanInterfaceState LPWSTR strRetCode switch wlanInterfaceState case wlan interface state not ready strRetCode L quot quot not ready quot quot break case wlan interface state connected strRetCode L quot quot connected quot quot break case wlan interface state ad hoc network formed strRetCode L quot quot ad hoc network formed quot quot break case wlan interface state disconnecting strRetCode L quot quot disconnecting quot quot break case wlan interface state disconnected strRetCode L quot quot disconnected quot quot break case wlan interface state associating strRetCode L quot quot associating quot quot break case wlan interface state discovering strRetCode L quot quot discovering quot quot break case wlan interface state authenticating strRetCode L quot quot authenticating quot quot break default strRetCode L quot quot invalid interface state quot quot return strRetCode int main HANDLE hClient NULL WLAN INTERFACE INFO sInfo RPC CSTR strGuid NULL TCHAR szBuffer DWORD dwRead if OpenHandleAndCheckVersion amp hClient ERROR SUCCESS return - UINT nCount EnumInterface hClient sInfo for UINT i i lt nCount i if UuidToStringA amp sInfo i InterfaceGuid amp strGuid RPC S OK printf quot d s n tDescription S n tState S n quot i strGuid sInfo i strInterfaceDescription GetInterfaceStateString sInfo i isState RpcStringFreeA amp strGuid UINT nChoice printf quot Enter the choice of the wireless card you want to operate on n quot if ReadConsole GetStdHandle STD INPUT HANDLE szBuffer countof szBuffer amp dwRead NULL FALSE puts quot Error input quot return - szBuff... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/367ad1b2-bfc0-4488-a8b5-b3fe586840f0/how-to-enable-extap-mode-for-my-wireless-adapter-on-windows-programmatically?forum=netmon
Relevancy 51.17%

Bless as I do not even know if this is possible but any help would be apreciated:

I noticed that my PS3 plays games allot better online when my PC's wireless adapter is disabled and it cannot connect to the network.

However my PC is always on and it a task to do this every time I want to play online and then re enable once I'm done playing to resume my PC's downloads.

If I can create a desktop short cut to disable/enable wireless adapter, and link it to a hotkey on my keyboard my life would be almost hassle free.

any form of command line (i think) or .exe or shortcut or anything would help.

Much thanks
tim

A:possibility of a wireless adapter enable/disable via a desktop shortcut

Go to start/control panel/network connections.
Right click the wireless connection and click
create shortcut.
It may say cannot create shortcut here,do you want to
place it on the desktop.
Click yes.
If it doesn't say that,drag the shortcut to the desktop.
Then,when you want to disable it,right click the shortcut
and click disable.
Same to reenable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possibility-of-a-wireless-adapter-enable-disable-via-a-desktop-shortcut.811990/
Relevancy 50.74%

problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

I am frequently being disconnected from the internet.

Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter) has a exclamation mark (!) in a yellow triangle in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When i check for solutions, it says cannot load driver software.

A:problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If there are no problems connected with this code31, ignore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-microsoft-6to4-adapter-network-adapter.784178/
Relevancy 50.74%

Let me start by explaining what led to Problem with WiFi Account Enable/Disable Non-Admin Adapter allowing my problem I work for an electric utility and we issue Panasonic Toughbook laptops to our linemen containing our mobile mapping and AVL Automatic Vehicle Locating software They are all running Windows XP Professional SP Our AVL software requires an internet and VPN connection to our AVL server at the office we currently use Verizon Air Cards and the Cisco VPN Problem allowing Enable/Disable WiFi Adapter with Non-Admin Account client to achieve this Since implementing this we have found that Cisco VPN and the Verizon Air Cards do not work well when the wifi network adapters are turned on or enabled When they are turned off disabled everything works nicely We can t just disable the wifi NIC s and call it good either because our user s need the faster wifi connections to perform database syncs in the mornings via hotspots inside each garage bay Once they are all synced up and out of range of our wireless network the wifi NIC s are no longer needed Since the wifi NIC s and Air Cards don t get along we have been having our users turn the NIC s off using a hardware switch on the Toughbooks cassis However some of our older models CF- s to be exact do not have these hardware switches Our solution was to create two batch files and place them on the users desktops one that turns the wifi NIC on and one that turns it off This brings you up to my current problem Our user s logon to a non-admin account and because of this they do not have the ability to disable enable a network adapter However this was easily fixed by modifying our Group Policy settings This policy change allowed them to go into network connections and right-click on the wifi connection and then enable or disable it However we were hoping to make it even simpler by adding the two batch files mentioned above to the desktop which when ran disables enables the wifi NIC from the command line using DevCon The batch file command to disable vice versa for enable the NIC is simply cd C devcon disable lt device ID here gt When ran from the Admin account these two batch files work well and do exactly what we want them to do However when we run them from a non-admin account they fail and an error message pops up that says quot Unable to open the driver specific registry key for this device quot I tracked down the registry key in question and gave full access to the non-admin user s profile but all this did was prevent the error message from popping up the batch files still failed to enable disable the wireless NIC At this point I am at the end of my rope I have no idea where to go from here My guess is that it is a permissions problem with DevCon but I don t know for sure Does anyone else have experience with enabling disabling devices with DevCon on non-admin accounts Or perhaps does anyone know of another way I could write these batch files besides using DevCon Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Curtis

A:Problem allowing Enable/Disable WiFi Adapter with Non-Admin Account

I take it that's a "no"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359717/problem-allowing-enabledisable-wifi-adapter-with-non-admin-account/
Relevancy 50.74%

This resembles http forums techguy org networking -solved-can-no-longer-connect html but only my laptop can t access my home wifi - all others can I spent a leisurely weekend at an Atlanta LaQuinta and as I always do I tapped into their network with my laptop Toshiba Satellite XP The signal was weak so I found an unsecured wifi signal from an apartment complex next door which worked fine for a few hours then slowed as the signal weakened I don t know why So I grabbed an ethernet cable and did a direct connect I was half asleep and didn t really get what was going on when their portal management program said laptop status No adapter healthy" "Network wifi: not something about an incompatibility and gave me the choice to disable my wireless connection which I did Then for the next day and a half all functioned well Yesterday afternoon I checked out and powered my laptop down I arrived home powered back No laptop wifi: "Network adapter status not healthy" up and my laptop couldn t find the home wifi network My wife s laptop accesses the network fine The Wireless Network Connection says quot Disabled Firewalled quot and telling it to enable fails I ran the diagnostics and network adapter identification seems OK Then I get these messages info - Network connection status Disconnected info - Network adapter hardware problem This device is disabled warn - Network adapter status not healthy action - Automated repair Enable network connection action - Enabling the network adapter error - Failed while enabling the network adapter warn - The repair attempt failed and a bunch more Ad-Aware found no malware Avira Antivir found no infections but quot suspicious quot files Now what nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

A:Network Adapter and VGA Graphic Adapter problems

Originally Posted by ausred

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

Hello ausred, and welcome to Windows Vista Forums.

First, can you describe the "problems" you are having with your Ethernet card?

Can you post a screen shot of the Ethernet card entry in your "Device Manager"?

It would look like this:

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282637-network-adapter-vga-graphic-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I m not totally computer-literate when it comes to hardware and such but I am fairly literate with most computer terms So in advance I apologize for any confusion a misused hardware name may cause Also before I begin let me just say that the issues hereafter discussed apply to a computer separate from this one compatability Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter This computer works fine but the one I will be talking about my computer is the one without an internet connection at the moment So recently my network adapter decided to stop working I won t go into the details but it s completely fried and I d much rather spend the money to get a new one instead of go through the hassel of trying to fix my old one And Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter compatability thus we come to question number one Do most if not all network adapter cards work with most PCs I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home edition with highspeed cable internet so would pretty much any network adapter do the job My stepdad who is fairly computer-literate though often too cocky about it says that pretty much all network adapters will work with any computer unless the computer and network adapter are old or new respectively Also what are the most reliable brands of network adapters What kind of details about the product should I look for when purchasing Now on to the second part of my post wireless internet adapter For a while my computer has been a few feet from the router because we had have no way for a cord to reach anywhere else particularly my room Now because of spacing issues in this room I am being forced to relocate my computer My choices are these a Buy a wireless network adapter so I can move my computer to my room or b Have an internet-less computer for an indeterminate amount of time Obviously I prefer the former So my next question is basically the same as the first one but about wireless internet adapters rather than network adapters Do wireless adapters work universaly for computers Again I have a Dell Dimension with highspeed cable internet so I m pretty sure the speed of the wireless adapter is important And again what are the best most reliable brands of wireless adapters What product details should I be looking for I hope I ve provided all of the necessary information I m most likely going to be ordering the aforementioned hardware bits off of NewEgg com or some other similar computer hardware site I don t know if that helps in answering the question s at all but I figured any additional information may help Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to read my questions and I appreciate any response greatly nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi thanks for looking in and trying to help I have a laptop with Windows on it and as usual today the laptop s screen frame also accomodates the internal Wireless Internet antenna I am able to use the existing networks when they are close enough to me But I wanted to have a better reception so I bought one of those USB-based Wireless Internet Adapters WIA which have mounted a little dBi antenna dBi Decibel on its side I bought recently a much larger dBi antenna which I can use to replace the smaller antenna adapter. 7: Adapter: Why? Wireless Internet Laptop: Can't Windows use the on that WIA Windows also recognized the USB device correctly please see the screenshot link http www NADB net v Prom WLAN jpg but the connection tool at the lower right side of Windows system tray area displays only those networks which the internal screen frame antenna Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? captures I tried already to disable the internal antenna but then I don t get any network Why can t the Network Connection icon not show networks the USB Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? WIA might capture What is it I am doing wrong Please don t mind to ask me for additional details here I will provide them as additional details nbsp

A:Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-internet-adapter-windows-7-cant-use-the-adapter-why.1092278/
Relevancy 48.16%

Bear with me as I am a newbie to networking. I got a Netgear WGR614 router and have it hardwired on a Win XP SP2 PC. It is working fine. My other PC is Win98SE and I got a Netgear WG111v2 USB 2.0 adapter for that PC. I had some trouble installing it but finally got it done. My download speed on that PC is about 650K, where my other PC is 1500K. I am using a Broadband modem. What I was wondering is would a Network card make the speed any faster compared to the USB adapter, as my 98SE PC only has 1.1 USB and not 2.0, or is it slower because the PC is just old!...confused...thanks for any insight......Carole

A:Network Card adapter or USB 2.0 adapter?

Well, it's hard to imagine USB being faster than the Ethernet, not to mention that Ethernet is more stable for networking. The slow downloads may just be the machine, the network drivers, or the adapter itself. I only use USB adapters as a temporary measure to test machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-adapter-or-usb-2-0-adapter.438411/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is a desktop PC with Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Up until yesterday the PC had perfect internet access via ethernet When I came to use it last night - no access The situation The sys tray icon has a red cross and mouse over produces Not connected - no connections are available The network Adapter is a Realtek PCIe Solved: and not Centre Network Adapter Network in Sharing showing GBE Family Controller and is showing in Device Manager and according to the properties is working correctly The network diagnostics troubleshooter finds the following - Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings When I open Network and Sharing Centre and then click on Change Adapter Solved: Network Adapter not showing in Network and Sharing Centre Settings there is nothing showing in the Network Connection If I click on Connect to a network I get No connections available If I click on Set Solved: Network Adapter not showing in Network and Sharing Centre up a new connection I get Windows did not detect any networking hardware What I have tried I have uninstalled the network adapter from device manager and then reinstalled it Still showing as ok I have run netsh int ip reset quot and quot netsh winsock reset quot I have downloaded and installed the latest adapter drivers I noticed a Windows Critical update had been done at so I restored the system to before that update I restored further back than that update to two days previously None of the above worked and I m not sure what else to try Has the actual hardware failed or is there something else I can do nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 47.3%

I saw another post that had the exact same problem I m having just that my problem is on a desktop We got wireless internet a few months ago and my desktop was working fine with it Have a wireless adapter for Wireless Losing Adapter Computer and Network Network Recognition the internet Then a few weeks ago the internet started randomly disconnecting from only my computer I thought it was a network problem But then I hit something and the internet was working fine again for a few weeks Now it s Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition on the fritz Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition again starting yesterday When I try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the network it will tell me that there were no networks to connect to And when I unplug the adapter and plug it back in to the usb ports it ll tell me that my computer can t recognize the adapter that it s malfunctioning I ve tried the adapter in all the ports and it gives me the same message I have to restart my computer to get it to both recognize the adapter and the network so it ll connect again once it s restarted The internet will last for random periods of time When the internet goes out I get the yellow triangle error thing first on the network icon it doesn t just go right to there being nothing period and having the X symbol only after I try disconnecting from the network Sometimes all day then I ll leave the computer on over night and find the internet is out again on it in the morning Or it ll last for only a few minutes Sometimes the computer won t lose the network if I try disconnecting and reconnecting from the network It ll reconnect to the local network but when it s trying to find the network to connect to the internet it can t find it It ll say undiscovered network I thought maybe the adapter was faulty so I ve tried switching it with the adapter from another computer It still did the same thing with the other adapter And nothing is wrong with the adapter I was using it worked fine in the other computer when I put it in Both adapters are good When the usb ports stop working for the adapter it s only the adapter having problems Everything else still works fine I have no clue what the problem could be I never had any network internet problems when we had wired internet Here is the system info for my computer I really need help this is causing me heart attacks x x I really don t understand much about computers so if any help could be explained really simply and in a lot of detail so I can understand I d really appreciate it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition

Do other usb devices work fine on the computer? For instance, if you plug in a thumb drive the computer, is the computer able to recognize the drive as well as read/write data to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-losing-wireless-network-adapter-and-network-recognition.1056416/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have windows 7 Ultimate installed (was originally installed as a clean install) and have ever since it was RTM. Everything has been running flawlessly and still is except for one thing. My network cards don't show up under Network and Sharing Center, but they do show normally under device manager and my network connection is rock solid. Currenly I'm plugged into a 10/100mb At&t U-Verse Residential Gateway (router). Because of this I can't manage either of my NICs and I can't join my homegroup.

The NICs are intergrated into the motherboard. The NICs are Nvidia nForce adapters.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Or at least know where I can go to figure this out?

Thank you!!

A:Network Adapter Not Shown in Network and Sharing Center

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers from Nvidia?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74958-network-adapter-not-shown-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I take my laptop to school, I can't connect to the wireless network until I reset the network adapter.

When I go back home, it switches to my wireless router without a problem (usually). Sometimes when I change locations while on campus, I have to reset the network adapter again.

Relevancy 46.87%

is there any solutions for this problem?
it's really bugging me
i already try to fix it by manage the device manager (network adapters)

A:Problem with wireless network adapter or acces network

Hello razuke, Welcome to SevenForums : Can we get a bit more information to assist you ? Please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs . After updating your profile pls do this to enable us to have information to help you out : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread . Thank you , we will try out best to assist you in this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343229-problem-wireless-network-adapter-acces-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've had my current rig for a couple years now but recently did a clean install of Vista Home Premium x I was previously runnin x with no major networking problems I use my Xbox as a media center Transferring/Streaming Hangs When from Adapter Network Network extender but because Network Adapter Hangs When Transferring/Streaming from Network most of my video files are divx xvid I use TVersity as a transcoder Since intalling x my network adapter would freeze and disconnect while streaming a video to my Xbox Thinking it was a problem with TVersity I decided to use my original Xbox to play the files Unfortunately when FTPing to my Xbox I had the same problem- the network adapter would hang and only recover after a hard reboot It also caused my primary processor core to max out at but there was no process or service shown to still be utilizing the processor I have tried both IE and SmartFTP to rule out a software issue and have used both a network connection w router and a direct crossover cable to rule out the router as a problm I use BitDefender but have also tried it with my firewall turned off Have updated all the relevant drivers and messed around with the NIC speed amp duplex settings with no avail Specs are as follows please help -KW Vista Home Premium x Itel Quad Core ghz gig ram EVGA nVidia i SLI Dual onboard nVidia Network Adapters

A:Network Adapter Hangs When Transferring/Streaming from Network

Hi ConFUZEd wulf,

What type/model of network adapter are you using with Vista64?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/160881-network-adapter-hangs-when-transferring-streaming-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 46.87%

Alright, so sometimes I get network crashes and disabling network adapters appearing randomly, but mostly in minecraft.
I have an HP Pavilion p6-2052sc and I just reformatted my pc and downloaded the 802.11n wireless adapter + some other adapter.

I'm not sure if it is the drivers/adapters, if anybody knows please tell me what drivers/adapters HP Pavilion p6-2052sc has by default. (Only network related or something)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-network-crashes-disabling-network-adapter.1045776/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a linksys usb600n (v2) using the Win7 driver from linksys. It installs and is displayed correctly in Device Manger - BUT it doesn't appear in the Network and Sharing Center as an adapter. This same device and driver were previously working just fine in this system - but I rebuilt the OS (clean install) after testing a number of security products out.

The initial install went fine - no problems that I remember - just plug in the adapter and install the drivers obtained from Linksys (Ver 3.00.01.0). I tried the same thing on the re-build and it looks fine until I go into the Network Center and can't set up wireless networking since the adapter does not appear.

SIW shows TWO (2) linksys USB adapters under Hardware/Network Adapters, but does not show the network adapters in the Network Information section.

Any ideas?

A:Network Adapter Not Shown in Network and Sharing Center

Quote: Originally Posted by dhartmann4030

I have a linksys usb600n (v2) using the Win7 driver from linksys. It installs and is displayed correctly in Device Manger - BUT it doesn't appear in the Network and Sharing Center as an adapter. This same device and driver were previously working just fine in this system - but I rebuilt the OS (clean install) after testing a number of security products out.

The initial install went fine - no problems that I remember - just plug in the adapter and install the drivers obtained from Linksys (Ver 3.00.01.0). I tried the same thing on the re-build and it looks fine until I go into the Network Center and can't set up wireless networking since the adapter does not appear.

SIW shows TWO (2) linksys USB adapters under Hardware/Network Adapters, but does not show the network adapters in the Network Information section.

Any ideas?

Hi dhartmann. Welcome to Windows Seven Forums!

It would seem that your computer is confused!! I would suggest, while the usb adapter is plugged in, you remove all drivers in "Device manager". Then unplug the usb adapter and reboot the computer. After Windows has loaded, check "Device manager" again for any remnants of usb adapter drivers. If it is clean, plug the adapter in again so that the usb driver can install again but this time with only one instance. That should un-confuse your computer and allow the adapter to appear in network adapters again.

Let us know if this provides a solution or if we need to try something else?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22044-network-adapter-not-shown-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a sony vaio running windows vista home premium My local area adapter is Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Connection Although the ethernet cable is plugged in I cannot connect to the internet I am in a college dorm and have tried connecting the laptop to others cables who are not having connection problems Yet my computer still cannot connect Note My computer was NOT having issues a few days ago and had been working fine for a couple of weeks Since then I haven t changed any settings etc etc I have updated the driver for the Marvell Yukon adapter which hasn t rectified the problem I have also tried resetting the winsock catalog I forget the exact name of the commands but there was two of them I typed in using the command prompt Both were completed successfully but did not solve the problem Network Can't the Adapter Network Error- to Connect Vista I have also compared my settings with another recent Marvell Yukon adapter in IPv and IPv with a friend s computer to verify that the same options are selected and they are identical Both Vista Network Adapter Error- Can't Connect to the Network are set up to get automatically assigned IP addresses The exact message Vista Network Adapter Error- Can't Connect to the Network I get when trying to diagnose and repair the local connection is quot Plug cable into the Network Adapter Local Area Connection quot The computer is very new within the past few months and I ve done basic searches of the registry and startup files to see if anything nasty had managed to get in although I would expect much worse problems if that were the case and I haven t found anything Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated If there s another thread somewhere with this problem that I missed while searching the site I apologize for the double topic Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

We have been using a Linksys WRT 310N wireless router with 2 laptops, 1 PC, 1 Blue Ray, and 2 iPhones and could have a guest be logged onto the network with our password.

One laptop had issues and a computer shop restored it to its original status. When attempting to connect to the internet a new connection was somehow made and so the other laptop and PC were updated to that network.

Now, we cannot connect iPhones or other wireless laptops for guests, nor the Blue Ray to this network, even with the password.

I have gone through the settings but do not see a problem, but then I am not literate in this area.

Why did it change networks and how can I get other devices to connect? BTW, it now has our name as the network name, and I would like to change that, as well.

Thank you ever so much!!

A:New network does not enable connections

I guess you used one of those methods I do not understand that allows the computer to configure the router's wireless however it desires. Just configure the router back to the way you want it, and then connect the laptop in the "old fashioned" way--scan for networks, connect to yours, supply the encryption key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-network-does-not-enable-connections.1076169/
Relevancy 46.87%

cant Cant network enable discovery enable network discover file and printer sharing and i cant find my windows defender Settings no Cant enable network discovery firewall only avast uac disabled LOG Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by tiyans administrator on - - at Running from C Users tiyans Downloads Programs Microsoft Windows Ultimate X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Cant enable network discovery Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION Cant enable network discovery gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile EnableFirewall registry value does not exist System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to open SharedAccess Defaults FirewallPolicy FirewallRules registry ke... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510417/cant-enable-network-discovery/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been trying to enable my security for my router have had it for a year, how do i do this so i can security my network and add other computers to my network

A:enable security on network

What is the brand and model number of your router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-security-on-network.862790/
Relevancy 46.87%

I need some thoughts and probably some prayers here I have a new Netgear WNDA wireless USB and the install program can not find the WNDA HOWEVER Windows finds it and installs it I can not get the Netgear Install process to complete Cancelling that results in a disabled network device that will not enable I did find something interesting AKAMAI was installed on my machine and after removing that magically the item quot Network ENABLE Needed! Help USB will NOT manage wireless networks quot re appeared on the Network and Sharing Center Page - AKAMAI installed precluded that from being there However clicking it does nothing - brings up an empty panel and when one hits quot add quot you get a network error I did edit the registry manually and removed anything and everything to do with AKAMAI and it was all over the place Doing that takes a little time There Help Needed! Network USB will NOT ENABLE must be some AKAMAI driver or something in the way of this all working - thoughts please Configuration Windows x bit ASUS P X Pro Gig TB I gig ATI Video Card Thanks for checking this out

A:Help Needed! Network USB will NOT ENABLE

You might try running Ccleaner to remove what is left of that AKAMAI program. Use the registry cleaner as well.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

After that you should try running the sfc/scannow command which might fix the obvious file integrity problems you seem to be having. You may need to run this command more than once.

Just type sfc/scannow into an elevated command prompt and hit enter, let it run and report back what it says.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274094-help-needed-network-usb-will-not-enable.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

A:Can't enable wireless network

Originally Posted by Labello

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

Hi, a few pieces of advice for you.

Make sure your drivers are up to date (even thought the company's gone bust it may use generic drivers)

Try enabling the wireless card then restarting your PC.

Make sure your PC is up to date (Especially make sure you have SP2 installed)

See if there are any options to do with your Wireless card in the BIOS.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274294-cant-enable-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just installed this product USB Dual High Gain Antenna Wireless N Wifi Adaptor USB Dual High Gain Antenna Wireless N Wi-Fi Adapter eBay item end time -Jul- AEST Computers Soon as I plugged it in my Win machine instantly identified it and installed the driver Only problem is the adapter remains disabled I try to enable it but it instantly disables itself when I do I could not find any clues in the System event log It's actually an rtl chip by realtek I tried installing drivers from the manufacturer from the CD and from the internet but windows insists that the microsoft driver it installed on detection is the most up-to-date driver and it ignores mfr driver I tried installing a quot legacy device quot and I manually chose the mfr driver but it does not work and still has the microsoft driven device listed in device manager I tried this unit on enable network adaptor new can't another PC also running windows bit and it worked flawlessly But on the two machines which really need the device they both cannot enable the device once installed Any help would be appreciated

A:can't enable new network adaptor

Hello Spasmoid, welcome to SF!

A couple of questions to help me understand what happens better...
- From your (limited) system spec's I gather you're connecting this on a tower (desktop pc)?
- Did this tower did have a previous wireless USB connection?
- Did the pc on which it DID work already have a USB connection + is that PC also a tower/desktop (i.e. not a laptop)
- Did you try removing all related installed drivers, reboot, install software from disk first and only then connect the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173633-cant-enable-new-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So i am having trouble with my new network card i got for my brothers computer.

He has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
The network card is a new Asus PCE-N13 802.11b/g/n
When in the "Network Connections" windows. i can select enable. Then is says "Enabling.." then "Enabled!"
But yet, Still in that same window, Its disabled and shown in gray.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Network Card Wont Enable.

Do you have a wireless router? Is the wireless network setup? The security type must be the same on all machines on the net...and the workgroup name must match also....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/134500-network-card-wont-enable.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hai guys this is kartook

want a help

i was using win2000Prof

i want to change DNS but that network icon is nor avail so please check and help already i was try to start a service bt no use help me
kartook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-place-invisible-help-how-to-enable.347113/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an HP Pavilion DM - sa laptop AFAIK it's pretty much the British European version of the American DM z and is more or less identical I installed a pair of VPN clients on it Hamachi and Watchguard Mobile VPN I noticed that the wireless connection started to behave erratically dropping in and out refusing to connect so I uninstalled them both This made both my network adaptors wired and wireless refuse to work at all any more In an attempt to get them going again I opened up device manager turned on quot Show hidden devices quot and just uninstalled everything under the Network Adaptors tab and rebooted on the grounds that Windows would be smart enough to just re-detect and re-install the drivers again And it worked Mostly Both devices now appear in device manager and report that they are quot working properly quot The wired connection works fine I'm posting this over it The wireless connection however appears quot disabled quot in Network Connections and trying to quot enable quot it does nothing quot Diagnose this connection quot tells me that there quot might be a problem with the driver quot specifically that quot Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot The laptop has a keyboard button to turn the wireless adaptor on and off to save battery That appears to work fine the LED on the key flicks between white on and orange off when I press it There's no obvious effect on the network adaptor in Windows however I've tried installing the drivers for the adaptor a Ralink RT from HP's site and I've tried forcibly changing the drivers to the Windows generic wireless adaptor ones Neither had any effect I've tried hunting through the BIOS options to see if there's an option in there to enable disable the WiFi adaptor I can't see one and I've tried updating my BIOS to the newer version on the HP website also no effect Often in forum threads with similar problems it turns out to have been the fault of AV software or a firewall I'm not using Kapersky Norton ZoneAlarm AVG etc the laptop shipped with a trial version of Norton installed but I uninstalled that as soon as it arrived with no ill effects I do have MSE installed and I am using Windows Firewall but neither of those has been flagged as a problem in forum threads network HP dm1-3100sa Cannot enable adaptor on before Should I try uninstalling disabling them anyway I've more or less run out of ideas now and most forum threads I can find suggest one or more Cannot enable network adaptor on HP dm1-3100sa of the above Does anyone have any ideas for anything else I could try Some info ipconfig all reports Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zarniwoop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Cannot enable network adaptor on HP dm1-3100sa Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B - -E -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B- - -B - -E -A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap BBA -B - D - BAB-A E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd c f fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled And below I've attached a screenshot of my device manager's network adaptor section with quot show hidden devices quot turned on

A:Cannot enable network adaptor on HP dm1-3100sa

open an elevated command prompt by navigating to start - accessories - right click on command prompt and run it as administrator and type in "netsh winsock reset catalog" then "netsh int ip reset reset.log" without quotes and reboot the computer. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182619-cannot-enable-network-adaptor-hp-dm1-3100sa.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone I'm running into a problem with an uncle's custom desktop where the wireless network is refusing to enable even after enabling the connection Here is a enable to network refuses Wireless brief history Buy and install a Belkin wireless USB adapter Wireless networks is enabled but not Wireless network refuses to enable picking up any SSID Insure WLAN auto-config is enabled and no rd party wireless managers are installed My Uncle returns the Belkin and gets a Linksys by Cisco USB wireless adapter Wireless network connection is disabled Attempted to run the installation utility for the USB adapter however it errors out stating the windows wireless manager isn't managing the wireless network I went into services msc disabled WLAN auto-config and re-enabled with the same issue I thought something with Belkin may have hi-jacked the wireless management so I ran revo-uninstaller against the Belkin to remove the application and any related registry keys Unfortunately the issue persists Even after telling him that it isn't an issue with with the USB adapters he returned it for a NETGEAR PCI adapter Again same issue wireless networks show disabled enabling the connection says it is successful but the connection never enabled One thing I didn't mention is that the devices are seen in device manager so its not an issue with the devices not being detected I'm currently doing a System restore taking a little while to make sure there was nothing missed between the Belkin where Wireless network connection was enabled I'll of course be updating with my results when it is done I know this has to be something stupid that is causing it When isn't it something stupid The only thing that I can conclude at this time is either the bit OS running on bit capable equipment or something is really screwed with the OS luckily my uncle is willing to format and reinstall if all else fails Any suggestions is much appreciated been banging my head against the wall on this one for a week now Thanks in advanced Glitched

A:Wireless network refuses to enable

Just to clarify something because I don't see it above, was the belkin material ever correctly removed before starting with the new linksys software installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153619-wireless-network-refuses-enable.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Let me preface this by network enable wireless won't connection saying I know next wireless network connection won't enable to nothing about computers so please provide detailed advice if you choose to advise I have a Dell wireless network connection won't enable Inspiron E running with Windows XP and a Linksys wireless network connection won't enable Wireless-G broadband wireless router WRT G The wireless was working fine yesterday Tonight when I turned it on I couldn t get an internet connection The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire When I go into the Network Connections window I see that Wireless Network Connection is Disabled Don t understand that I didn t disable it I right click on it and press Enable but all I get is a quot Wireless Network Connection quot window that says quot Enabling quot and then quot Connection Failed quot I ran the trouble shooter but the suggestions either didn t apply my hardware is ok with this machine because it has run on it before or were so involved I was afraid to attempt them and cause a bigger problem Disabling and changing settings makes me nervous Any ideas about what I can do to enable this wireless network connection I looked up some old posts on this and tried to follow them but I didn t get the prompts mentioned under Wireless Network Connection Properties For example when I clicked I don t understand why this has happened all of the sudden Although I have Norton running and just ran a full scan I suspect I have a virus because things have been sluggish the last couple of days and the sound started getting wonky nbsp

A:wireless network connection won't enable

The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire.Click to expand...

was this just to test, or do you always have an ethernet connection - if so please describe exactly how everything is connected

Dell Inspiron E1405 - have you turned OFF the wireless - there is often a physical switch or a combination of keys - like FN+F2 that switches the wireless on/off

would you post back the following
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left

hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back

the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program

across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed

for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you

click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also

post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results

into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and

post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.951772/
Relevancy 46.44%

Specs WIN XP Pro vers SP Motherboard AMD Athlon XP at GHz GB RAM I m at a hotel with wireless DSL service which I connect to via a Belkin USB wireless NIC Win Network on Enable freezing Connection XP and also on a LAN with family members My PC is connected to the LAN via cable from my NIC Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC to a Linksys wireless-G router This setup has been working fine though I can t be on Internet and LAN at the same time But today for no apparent reason I haven t made any changes the system has been freezing entirely i e no mouse no Ctrl-Alt-Del response every time at the point when it actually enables my LAN connection via the Realtek NIC amp cable I m pretty sure it s at the point when it is enabled because both ways I did this via a shortcut to the network connection and via Manage Devices the system froze right at the point it usually says it is quot Enabled quot but before actually giving me that message Let me know if you need more specifics to solve this TIA for any Win XP freezing on Network Connection Enable help you can give LeDuc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-freezing-on-network-connection-enable.878280/
Relevancy 46.44%

Under turn systems icons on or off, the setting for Network is Off and greyed out so it cannot be turned on. Doesn't change if I have all the icons showing or in the popup window.

In the select which icons menu I have network set to show the icon and notifications.

The icon was there last night but today is gone.

I have the latest release of Classic Shell installed, but that's never bothered the notification icons.

No help here System Icons - Enable or Disable

HideSCANetwork is not found in the Registry.

No help here either Programmers BLOG: SYSTEM ICON PROBLEM No instances of cannot repair in the log and sfc /scannow finished with Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

A:Can't enable Network icon. 7 Ultimate x64

Finally found a fix.

Colin Cochrane | Windows Vista Disappearing System Tray Icons Fix

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify"

Delete the values "IconStreams" and "PastIconsStream"

Use Task Manager to end and relaunch explorer.exe and all the icons are back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/353942-cant-enable-network-icon-7-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, wireless network has been disabled on my laptop. It is a HP Compaq 6720s with Windows Vista Basic. It is not the wireless switch. I have tried everything in device manager & other help i could find online but nothing is working!

A:how to enable wireless network on vista?

Hello nickig105 and welcome to the forums

Can you do the following for me please:

CKScanner

Please download CKScanner from here to your Desktop.

Make sure that CKScanner.exe is on the your Desktop before running the application!

Double-click on CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
A message box will verify the file saved
Attach the log CKFiles.txt that has been created on your desktop with your next post

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Download and install MBAM from here
Run a full scan and attach the log with your next post for me to analyse

OTL

Download OTL to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
Once OTL has completed its first scan it will save notepad copies of the scans in the folder that OTL was started from. Unless set to produce an Extras log it will only produce OTL.txt in subsequent scans.

A copy of an OTL fix log is saved in a text file at

:\_OTL\MovedFiles
in most cases this will be C:\_OTL\MovedFiles

Please attach both OTL.txt and Extras.txt with your next post for me to analyse

SFC Scan

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator
4. In command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

5. Let it run and let me know if it finds any Integrity Violations
Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290991-how-enable-wireless-network-vista.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I would like to know how to set a password to enable a network adapter (onboard). I know that I can make a limited account so that you can't do certain things such as enabling the network. All I need is a password to enable/disable the network adapter so that those other things aren't blocked including installing programs. I am using Vista Business Retail. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/setting-password-to-enable-network-338972.html