Windows Support Forum

service host: Network service service host: local system download auto

Q: service host: Network service service host: local system download auto

Hi, I have win8 Enterprise. when i connection to internet two service with names service host: Network service and service host: local system download automatically, i thought that it relate to windows update but automatic update is off and my windows is up to date. what is the problem? what can i do that stop them's download?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11893-service-host-network-service-service-host-local-system-download-auto.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: service host: Network service service host: local system download auto

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 136.09%

Recently this has been happening: http://i.imgur.com/1Mc7v1B.png
So I ran a search and found this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Is this still the best way to go about fixing it? If so, would anyone mind looking at the results for me?
I'm on Windows 8.
I have an intel i72700k and 16 gigs of RAM.
Bonus problem: My CPU is going up to the high 50% range usage and I'm not running anything big or much of anything period, going into task manager reveals that a large majority of the CPU is being used by nothing.

A:Service Host: Local System/Service Taking Too Much Memory

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please po... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536604/service-host-local-systemservice-taking-too-much-memory/
Relevancy 126.48%

Hello, this is an issue that I've been facing for a long time, but until now, I managed to fix it by doing a system restore, but it always came back after a couple of months. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 8.1 with I hope that the problem would be gone, but after a couple of hours the issue was there again, and I have no idea what to do now, it usually uses around 35-40% of my CPU (FX-8320), it seems like that it is also causing other processes to use more cpu power than normal, usually those are programs that I installed (Google Chrome, Asus Al Suite II, Advanced System care, Asus Routine Controller) When I kill the process after a couple of seconds it just restarts itself. Please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587160/service-host-local-system-network-restricted-causing-high-cpu-usage-win-81/
Relevancy 125.86%

I have a Sony Vaio SVS 151 with 12gb of ram running Windows 8.1. The disk usage runs at 100% almost all the time, and as long as the disk usage is high the laptop is almost unusable it runs so slow. Most of the time it is Service Host: Local Service. I have read other threads and none of the suggestions have corrected this problem.

A:Service Host Local Service running at 100% Disk usage

Originally Posted by hudsonse

I have read other threads and none of the suggestions have corrected this problem.

Without knowing what suggestions you have already tried it will be difficult to offer any additional suggestions.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/62091-service-host-local-service-running-100-disk-usage.html
Relevancy 124.93%

Running Windows on Lenovo G s with GB ram and GHz -core CPU For the past week or so I noticed that my laptop has been running slightly slower has gaps or pauses where no user input is accepted and my battery has not been lasting as long Today I CPU usage Local Host: highest has and service Service RAM looked at my task manager to kill a non-responsive app and Service Host: Local service has highest CPU and RAM usage noticed of my memory was in use and of my CPU was used up Turns out both the top spots are taken by quot Service Host Local Service quot which is using CPU and MB RAM I use this laptop every day for school where for about an hour I don't have access to a charger so I need to have as many high profile tasks killed as I can safely do so The processes running inside Local Service are DHCP ClientHomeGroup ProviderSecurity CenterTCP IP NetBIOS HelperWindows AudioWindows Connection ManagerWindows Event Log The high CPU usage gets worse when I don't have a separate mouse plugged in because my Touchpad drivers take up anywhere from - CPU which has been slowing me to a crawl Is there anything I can do to keep my computer running but with more available resources short of going out an buying more I have to be at school with this machine in hours

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56987-service-host-local-service-has-highest-cpu-ram-usage.html
Relevancy 124.93%

So I've been having this problem for days now, two tasks named Service Host: Local Service(Network Restricted) and Service Host: Local Service(No Network) keep using up ALL of my cpu, theyre usually accompanied by any app I have open, so my task manager is basically like this for example:

Service Host: Local Service(Network Restricted) 40% cpu usage
Skype 29% cpu usage
Service Host: Local Service(No Network) 26% cpu usage

If I close skype, the usage goes down to 2 percent for a brief second and then any other app I have open launches up instead of skype and uses up all of my cpu.

I've tried several virus scans and I've done my best to clean up the system but I still have this problem, any solutions?

A:Service Host: Local Service very high cpu usage

You could start pinning down the problem by using Task Manger and look in the processes tab and scroll down to the Svchost using the CPU time. If you expand it, you can see what is running in that host. But I do not believe it will give you individual usage on each service.

If you open Resource Monitor (resmon in a run box) You can go to the CPU tab, check the CPU usage and find the svchost you want and put a check mark. It will then list the services running in that process in the Services window and how much the Average CPU time is being used. Get us a picture, or let us know what is causing the high usage.

Keep track of the PID (Process ID) number so you can confirm which svchost you are checking. Those numbers may be specific to just your system. There may be other pertinent info about the situation in some other windows also.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/46695-service-host-local-service-very-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 122.45%

Hello, I am having a performance issue with my laptop. When I look in my task manager it appears that "Service Host" and "network, windows firewall, diagnostic policy service and base filtering engine" Are taking up 100% of my disk space. My computer is being super slow and sometimes the internet disconnects itself. Aside from the Service host that takes 100% disk space I have ten other separate instances. There are duplicates of a lot of random tasks in task manager, but I am not sure if that matters Anything you can help me with would be great! Thank you.

A:Service Host Local Service infection?

I have this issue a lot too, I've looked around on forums a lot and ive seen that it tends to be an issue with windows 8. Make sure your computer is up to date, that has fixed this problem for me in the past.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581643/service-host-local-service-infection/
Relevancy 122.45%

hello friends this procss( service host local service (no impersonation))uses my cpu lk hell i tried a lot to find a solution

i even turned it off and thn my cpu was freee 3 % but when i restart my lappy again after i  start my wmplayer cpu roars to 99 % looking 4 a permanent solution if any???

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c151e96-2009-4cf5-8eec-1abd4208ee00/service-host-local-service-no-impersonation?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 119.35%

Hello

I'm having a problem with Service Host Local System. It is using up all my memory. So is there a way to fix this?

A:Service Host Local System is using up all my memory

Hi PS3DRA My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605586/service-host-local-system-is-using-up-all-my-memory/
Relevancy 119.35%

HI everyone. I am having a problem, my Service Host: Local System process is being a complete hog. It typically uses around 30% of CPU and 65 MB of Memory. This only started occurring recently when I applied the new Java update. I tried to restore my system to before the update; however, it fails whenever I try. I also have numerous Rundlll32 running. (I'm not certain how many, but at least half of my task manager view is occupied by them)

I would appreciate any help. Thank you so much.

Mod Edit ,moved to Am I Infected ~~ boopme

A:Service Host: Local System CPU/Memory Hog

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Relevancy 118.11%

Hello! Service Host: Local System CPU is taking up a lot of memory on my Windows 8 HP Envy 17. It's at a whopping 196.8 MB. When I'm watching a Youtube video or reading manga, the fan did not spin fast or get hot. It only did when I watched anime on Gogoanime. Now, the fan heats up as the memory and CPU go up over the smallest things like taking pictures on the webcam or downloading updates like Cyberlink for the Youcam via HP Support Assistant. I haven't run System Restore since I recently reset my laptop to factory conditions. I have like 5 Google Chrome 32 bit opened and one of them is like around 102.5 MB. 

I would appreciate any help. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520409/service-host-local-system-cpu-taking-up-memory/
Relevancy 117.49%

As soon as I start an application (Cadence Allegro PCB Designer 16.5 but I don't think it's relevant) my CPU usage gets to the roof and stays there long after I killed the application and I believe I every associated process. The CPU usage is so high that the battery will be drained after about 45 minutes (It usually last about 3 hours).

According to my task manager the responsible is "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)". As a matter of fact, preventing the executable from accessing the network sort of solves the issue. I don't believe I need that executable to access the network but I'd like to understand what kind of network service can consume that much CPU (was actually affraid of overheating) and to know if there's a more appropriate way to solve this. Thanks.

A:"Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" High CPU Usage

Hi Lous!

I'm having the complete same error with another one of Cadences programs, OrCAD.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9167-service-host-local-system-network-restricted-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 116.87%

I pretty much don't really know much about my p c system as I'm not usually the one looking into the works of my p c In fact all I know is what I've seen others do So forgive me restricted)(11)" eating virtual (network Local system "service memory host: in my ignorance I've looked around and saw that either no one has my issue or if they do the fixes are generally confusing nbsp I bought a laptop with windows bout - months ago I not sure if the issues started when I upgraded to windows or just afterwards but they've been going on for a few weeks My computer is running out of virtual memory at the most random times Usually it starts to run out of virtual memory after a couple of days of it being left on with standby If I close most my active programs the memory changes by - If I have "service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory more then four programs open at this stage it warns me that my virtual memory is being used up I am usually using Chrome or firefox but that would refuse to stay open for more then seconds so I uninstalled it steam chatting only musicbee and task manager Task manager usage http i imgur com qpRPBxqh jpg Warning nbsp http i imgur com X TK png My only virus scan is Windows defender and it claims no threats were detected nbsp I have gig of ram but I'm not positive how to check virtual memory Or even where to start with fixing this issue nbsp Anyway thank you in advance and if you need more information just let me know

A:"service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory

Hi,
First, let me explain that Virtual memory is used when your RAM is filled up or when you put a laptop into hibernate mode (hibernate mode essentially dumps your RAM onto the hard drive so it can pick up where it left off even after power is shut off).
Since the general shut down of Windows 8 or 8.1 likes a combined hibernate  so that windows can start up quickly, I consider that this issue is caused by such shut down and fast boot.
I suggest we disable fast boot to check the issue:
To Turn "Fast Startup" On or Off in System Settings on this article:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
Also, we can try to reset virtual memory to see what?s going on.
Configure Virtual Memory in Windows 8
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/
If the issue persists, please test it in Clean boot mode:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn?t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic
half services.
If the issue persists in Clean boot mode, let?s run Process explorer to view which program calling service host causing this issue, and we can remove it to see what?s going on:

Process Explorer v15.40
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Detail steps you can refer this blog:
How to troubleshoot high cpu in the System process
http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/08/07/how-to-troubleshoot-high-cpu-in-the-system-process.aspx
It could help you to determine which process detailed under svhost.exe cause the issue.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96deedbe-b1c1-45b5-9428-e6938f48d81d/quotservice-host-local-system-network-restricted11quot-eating-virtual-memory?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 116.87%
Relevancy 115.63%

I'm getting annoying background loading (loading wheel next to pointer) that I think is being caused by something under Service Host: Local System

I've caught the disk use for Service Host: Local System in Task Manager occurring at the same as the loading wheel.

It occurs randomly and usually lasts a few seconds.

I thought any background loading should not cause loading icons to appear during idle states? I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this further.

I'm also getting a lot of loading activity in chrome as well that doesn't seem normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/service-host-local-system-causing-annoying-background-loading-1044833.html
Relevancy 109.12%

Very frequent logging of:"The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration."Checking Service status it shows the service faults even before start:SERVICE_NAME: WdiServiceHost        TYPE               : 20  WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS        STATE              : 1  STOPPED        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0The Same logon account (Local Service) is used for DPS (Diagnostic Policy Service) and it starts without a hitch.Morten Ross

A:The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error

Since your question or comment has gone unanswered, you can send your request to the development team in this thread. 
Have Comments about Windows 7 Beta Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4d701f5-a63f-4fee-9b09-89ea9b07e1c3/the-diagnostic-service-host-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 109.12%

Every time I Restart the Laptop, it opens to the Desktop, but there is a period of sometimes upwards of a minute, where once everything is loaded, the Desktop freezes.

Today in Windows Task Manager - Services Tab, I see that WdiServicesHost is not running. When I right click on the line, this is what appears;

....but then when I click on Start Service, I get this nasty little message;

So where to now to beat this problem?

A:Wdi Service Host not running - in trying Start Service : Access is Denied

Hello,

Looking at my computer, for me it is stopped, and when I try to start it, I get the same error message. My computer is working fine, so I think this is not your original problem. However, some websites suggest that it should be started. I am slightly sceptical as to the accuracy of this information, but here is the link to this file on my favourite website for looking these things up: Diagnostic Service Host - Process and Service wiki

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277507-wdi-service-host-not-running-trying-start-service-access-denied.html
Relevancy 109.12%

every single session since the latest update I inevitably spend half an hour sitting with high cpu usage going to the 'service host unistack service group' and its to the point where I'm curious...what is this? what does it do? is its sole purpose in life to have me glare at it for 30 minutes every morning? I've read and tried some of the troubleshooting steps here on other threads, looked at ms' community forums, seems like an issue within the os to me. so...what do I do?

A:high cpu usage by service host unistack service group

is no one else seeing this?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34279-high-cpu-usage-service-host-unistack-service-group.html
Relevancy 109.12%

So I have the problem described in the title. The service host or antimalware service executable process will, at random times, start using alot of CPU power and cause my laptop to be performing a lot of work. I'm not sure whether this is normal or an indication of infection; I've ran malwarebytes and I did get a few detected items, but I want to do a more thorough scan just in case the malwarebytes scan didn't work, or if there is malware in my system I'm not even aware of. I am running Windows 8.1. If any more information is needed please let me know. I appreciate the help, thanks.

A:Service host or antimalware service executable process randomly uses up cpu

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567068/service-host-or-antimalware-service-executable-process-randomly-uses-up-cpu/
Relevancy 106.33%

For the last week or so this "Service host: Local System" will run almost the whole time I am on the pc and is cutting my bandwidth in half and eating into my data cap. This happens even if I have nothing running and just sitting on the desktop.

EDIT: It is Gears of War 4 that keeps constantly downloading over and over again even with the Windows Store not even open. Nearly 500 fucking GB in the last week is down the drain as it never will install and just gives error message.

https://hardforum.com/threads/service-host-local-system-killing-my-bandwidth.1912624/
Relevancy 100.75%

If after unchecking the hidden and system files and ext. files, these two files show up. Also RECYCLER. Are these legitimate windows XP (sp20 files?
Thanks for all your assistance.

A:Local Service and Network Service--are these legit"

YES - legit folders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-service-and-network-service-are-these-legit.334408/
Relevancy 100.44%

So about a week ago my computer started acting really slow and unusual. I opened the Task Manager and the process System and Service Host were taking a huge amount of my CPU and Disk. Also a program called Windows host process(Runfll32) has been doing the same. I immediately ran a Maleware Bytes scan and re-downloaded avast to run an anti-virus scan. Those found nothing and so I am really confused as to why it is doing this. This doesn't happen for a very long time either. They can start and stop in 5 seconds or 30 mins and it seems to be happening randomly. The computer could be sitting there doing nothing and it still does it. I have a HP Envy 15 laptop and it runs windows 8.1. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Service Host and System taking up 99% CPU or DISK

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer Please follow instructions here and let me know which services belong to the svchost.exe processes that take up the most CPU.For convenience, you can take a screenshot (see instructions here) of the processes and their service lists, then upload it to Imgur and copy the IMG link here.After that run this.Emsisoft Emergency KitPlease download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract button at the bottom. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.When the update process is complete, a new button will appear in the lower-left corner that says Back. Click on this button to return to the Overview screen.Click on Scan to be taken to the scan options. If you are asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, then click Yes.Click on the Malware Scan button to start the scan.When the scan is completed click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop, and attach it to your next reply.When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581883/service-host-and-system-taking-up-99-cpu-or-disk/
Relevancy 92.07%

What is SVCHOST?
My PC becomes sluggish and slow. After that various things fail to work properly and illegal operation.
When i log in system it automatically reboots in one minute.
I need guide on this matter.

A:SERVICE HOST

Some reading on SVCHOST:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-is-it-running/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314056Try running this scan. You can copy it over from another computer on a CD or pen drive if you need to.Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current versionRead the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214044/service-host/
Relevancy 91.14%

Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and it's completely locking me off the net! My Disk usage is clocking between 97 and 100% during these Service Host floods, and it's gotten to the point I HATE to try and go online, God forbid I'm in a hurry! These do not come up as part of the normal updates, and the Task Manager shows them as Windows processes, so someone PLEASE, clue me in here. My eBay business has been decimated by this nonsense, it's been happening for over a month now, and I am not paying all this money for internet so I can wait an hour to go online! This is like 1990's dial-up all over again! Appreciate any info, and thanks for your time.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54891-service-host-updates.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Hi everyone My laptop has been acting a little funny recently and I'm wondering why On Monday when I booted up my laptop Samsung using Windows I suddenly had a BSOD due to an error called PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA As soon as my computer restarted it was fine I did notice 25% Service CPU using suddenly Host that there were two new notification icons in the lower right-hand area of my taskbar the little Windows Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU action centre flag with a red X and AVG's icon also with a red X Yesterday I noticed that my Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU laptop had been warmer than usual and the fan's noise was more noticeable than usual I shut down the laptop to give it time to cool down However when it went to shut down the screen was black but the Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU power light stayed on and the fan was still running I had to press the power button to make it shut down Once it booted back up I checked Task Manager for anything unusual AVG had been taking up about disk usage and various Service Host Local Systems were occasionally using CPU I ran a MalwareBytes scan which came back clean so I uninstalled AVG since I never use it anyway and shut down for the night Today my laptop is still warmer louder than usual and every now and then a service host will hog of my CPU and MB of memory I did some Googling and found a few threads on here from people who have had the same problem They were directed to use some antiviruses and other programs which fixed the problem Could this be caused by a virus or other error that MalwareBytes didn't pick up I have to admit that I don't know much about computers and what a service host even does Many thanks

A:Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU

Hello, with Service Host issues it's best to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618665/service-host-suddenly-using-25-cpu/
Relevancy 91.14%

Hey guys-
I know this question has been asked for other Windows OS's, but none of their fixes apply on Windows 8.
When I log in, everything is fine, everything is very smooth and even faster than when I used Windows 7, but after a few minutes my CPU becomes locked at ~99%, mostly because of svchost.
As it appears on Task Manager, the process is Service Host (No Impersonation). The sub-processes are Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Recovery, Time Broker, and UPnP Device Host. I tried several fixes that worked in XP or 7, but they either
can't be used in 8 or detect nothing is wrong.
This is the only thing that makes me dislike 8 so far, a fix would be fantastic.

A:Service Host (svchost.exe) Using 99% CPU

The uPNP service causes the high CPU usage while waiting for compatible devices:

disable the service and try again."A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9fbd5b1d-a2a3-48ce-9232-7542a40b937c/service-host-svchostexe-using-99-cpu?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 91.14%

When trying to start EAPhost services get error 1075: could not start because a dependency service could not be found or has been marked for deletion (not verbatim).

The Extensible Authentication Host Service has been deleted from starting with the registry with hijack this or something similar (not really sure my broter broked it somehow). I was hoping someone could export the EapHost key from:
HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/...
using a good vista or win 7 and post the text here so I could try importing it.
I'm pretty sure I've done this before and it worked.
Any other suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

Running windows 7 x64 fyi

Tanks

A:need EAP host service for win7 x64

I would try performing a system repair with the Windows 7 Disk instead of using someone's registry entry. That way you can make sure that any other damage that has been done can be repaired.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332812/need-eap-host-service-for-win7-x64/
Relevancy 91.14%

For some reason my pc is going crazy with this Service Host. Between every 4 and 10 seconds it is hogging anything up to 40% ... Can you help me understand what is going on? Or if we need any other information to help me solve it?

Thanks for your time guys...

PC is running Intel E8400 @ 3.00GHz with 4GB or DDR 3 ram and 64-bit Operating System.

A:Hi guys, new guy here.. service host?

SVCHOST is every program or process that needs to read from or interact with .dll files. SVCHOST is a single go-to process for applications to work with dynamic-link libraries rather than have the code needed to do the work themselves.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/19340-hi-guys-new-guy-here-service-host.html
Relevancy 91.14%

For some reason my pc is going crazy with this Service Host. Between every 4 and 10 seconds it is hogging anything up to 40% ... Can you help me understand what is going on? Or if we need any other information to help me solve it?

Thanks for your time guys...

PC is running Intel E8400 @ 3.00GHz with 4GB or DDR 3 ram and 64-bit Operating System.

A:Hi guys, new guy here.. service host?

SVCHOST is every program or process that needs to read from or interact with .dll files. SVCHOST is a single go-to process for applications to work with dynamic-link libraries rather than have the code needed to do the work themselves.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/19340-hi-guys-new-guy-here-service-host.html
Relevancy 91.14%
Relevancy 89.9%

Lately I've been noticing something using a lot of the CPU in my desktop computer, while I would expect the system to be idle. One of the service hosts seems to be responsible, as can be seen in the picture below. I tried restarting it with Process Explorer, but it will not allow it, and I don't know how to take control of it. It will eventually stop, but it happens fairly often, maybe once a day, and it's a bit of a nuisance.

I have run Malwarebytes in addition to my current version of Norton Security, and it always comes up clean. I took a screenshot with this host's associated services displayed. I wonder if someone can look at it and tell me what might be going on. Or at least how to take administrative control so I can try restarting it.
Thanks,
Rusty

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391485-service-host-intermittently-hogging-my-cpu.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Recently I tried to update my Webroot Internet Security essentials. I was asked to uninstall the program and then the update would take place. Long story short, it never worked so I was able to finally take Webroot off my machine. I then tried to download Avast and got the message that the service host has stopped working. I rebooted and tried again to no avail. This seems to happen everytime I've tried to download something. I am currently trying the method of going into my task scheduler and disabling the RASclient or RASAgent(something like that) but i wondered if there was anything else I could try if this doesn't work. Right now, I'm downloading Avast antivirus and the download is moving but it seems to be moving much slower than normal. Could this be due to the disabling of the RASclient or RASagent that I mentioned earlier? Please help...it's driving me nuts!!!

Relevancy 89.9%

What active and what is this service:
Application Host Helper Service?
I deleted the dir C:\inetpub
thinking not serve...?
Thank you

Windows 8.1 Pro 32-Bit Media Center ASUS P5G41T-M LE Ram 4GB

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/542dc143-24c0-4646-93ae-adb15972b2b3/application-host-helper-service?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 89.9%

I have a Dell Inspiron running XP Pro Starts up and error Service Host more Generic W32 ok then soon I get quot Win Generic Host Process error and svchost exe error quot After that a svchost exe in the Task Manager starts to use W32 Generic Service Host error and more up all the CPU time and the computer is unresponsive Can only shut it down with the power button I also am getting quot redirects quot on my Firefox browser I ve run spybot malwarebytes norton amp avg Found some trojans like backdoor bot and rootkit agent but cleaning them still didnt fix the problem As a last resort W32 Generic Service Host error and more before I reformat and reload Xp I ran HijackThis and got this result Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at W32 Generic Service Host error and more AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system userinit exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEF Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO YSPManager - BC - BFA- EA-B - B D D - C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection ysp dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - F SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe... Read more

A:W32 Generic Service Host error and more

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352734/w32-generic-service-host-error-and-more/
Relevancy 89.9%

Lately I've been noticing something using a lot of the CPU in my desktop computer, while I would expect the system to be idle. One of the service hosts seems to be responsible, as can be seen in the picture below. I tried restarting it with Process Explorer, but it will not allow it, and I don't know how to take control of it. It will eventually stop, but it happens fairly often, maybe once a day, and it's a bit of a nuisance.

I have run Malwarebytes in addition to my current version of Norton Security, and it always comes up clean. I took a screenshot with this host's associated services displayed. I wonder if someone can look at it and tell me what might be going on. Or at least how to take administrative control so I can try restarting it.
Thanks,
Rusty

A:Service host intermittently hogging my CPU

This is a tough one because there are so many services to choose from. Maybe you can explore this PID 1472 when there is no problem so that we can narrow down the service that is the culprit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/391485-service-host-intermittently-hogging-my-cpu.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hi all

i am running Win xp home and using Norton internet security 04,
latley when i open IE i get a message "microsoft gerneric host win32 service is trying to access the internet"
could this be a trojan??

please any ideas
j

A:MS Generic host win32 service

It is probably svchost.exe accessing the internet. If so, it is OK and should be allowed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-generic-host-win32-service.397735/
Relevancy 89.9%

tis problem juz days agoi dunno wat happen and i din install anything or surfing tat few dayswhen i connected to the internetit will initially become very laggybut after second or Service Error, ! Me Help Please Host Generic somethin it become smoootherbut after a while used to be Generic Host Service Error, Please Help Me ! a short while but now the error pop up very Generic Host Service Error, Please Help Me ! quickly juz the second i connect to my computer quot Generic Host Process for Win Services Error quot poped upi tried format and reinstall the window but after times of trying i gave upi also tried the microsoft patch but it doesn't seem to make any differencein faq it make the error appear much fasterwhen tis error happen my computer will freeze for about secsmy window interface became window style but again after a while it revert to my old window xp stylethe problem is when tis problem come out my connection to the internet will stopbut the connection icon in my taskbar still appear and i cant connect to the internet unless i restarti tried so many method tis few days and i kinda Generic Host Service Error, Please Help Me ! became tired and pissedjuz hope anyone can help mebelow is my hijackthis logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files cFosSpeed cFosSpeed exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files cFosSpeed spd exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings HeLLbLaZeR Desktop HijackThis exeO - BHO IDMIEHlprObj Class - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO GigagetIEHelper Class - CAA - F F- AC- -B C D BBAB - C WINDOWS system gigagetbho v dllO - BHO dsWebAllowBHO Class - F D C- - F-A - E BD E - C Program Files Windows Desktop Search dsWebAllow dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo o Io - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run cFosSpeed C Program Files cFosSpeed cFosSpeed exeO - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimizeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO... Read more

A:Generic Host Service Error, Please Help Me !

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62129/generic-host-service-error-please-help-me/
Relevancy 89.9%

Hello I have been getting the Generic Service Host problem when using internet and email and have been trying to find the answers on many forums including bleeping The most sense answer has been supplied by Buckeye Sam on these forums but I believe Generic Service Problems Host the solutions will be specific to individual computers as I do not have some of the lines shown in the other fella's Combofix log Mine follows Thom - - - Service Pack ComboFix W - Running from quot C Documents and Settings Thom Desktop Seldom quot Files Created from - - to - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS Updates - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Trend Micro - - lt DIR gt d--h----- C WINDOWS hf mig - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system Kaspersky Lab Find M Report - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus - - Generic Service Host Problems -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files InstallShield - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Registry Mechanic - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Movie Maker - - ---hs---- C Documents and Settings Thom Application Data zreglib - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Empty Temp Folders - - -------- d---s---- C Documents and Settings Thom Application Generic Service Host Problems Data Microsoft - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware - - -------- d--h----- C Program Files InstallShield Installation Information - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Magellan - - -------- d-------- C Program Files Ipswitch - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Thom Application Data Ipswitch - - -------- d-------- C Documents and Settings Thom Application Data GlobalSCAPE - - -------- d-------- C Program Files SlySoft Reg Loading Points Note empty entries are not shown HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft windows currentversion run quot ctfmon exe quot quot C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run quot SiS Tray quot quot C WINDOWS System sistray EXE quot quot SiS KHooker quot quot C WINDOWS System khooker exe quot quot SiS Utility quot quot quot C WINDOWS System SiSAudUt exe quot -wdm quot quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot quot quot NeroFilterCheck quot quot C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe quot quot ccApp quot quot quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot quot quot vptray quot quot C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe quot quot RegistryMechanic quot quot quot quot iTunesHelper quot quot quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents IMAIL quot Installed quot quot quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents MAPI quot Installed quot quot quot quot NoChange quot quot quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run OptionalComponents MSFS quot Installed quot quot quot HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components quot DeskHtmlVersion quot dword quot DeskHtmlMinorVersion quot dword quot Settings quot dword quot GeneralFlags quot dword HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components quot Source quot quot file C DOCUME Thom LOCALS Temp msohtml clip image gif quot quot SubscribedURL quot quot file C DOCUME Thom LOCALS Temp msohtml clip image gif quot quot FriendlyName quot quot quot quot Flags quot dword quot Position quot hex c e quot CurrentState quot dword quot OriginalStateInfo quot hex quot RestoredStateInfo quot hex dc ff d f c a c ff ff ff ff a c a c HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft internet explorer desktop components quot Source quot quot About Home quot quot SubscribedURL quot quot About Home quot quot FriendlyName quot quot My Current Home Page quot quot Flags quot dword quot Position quot... Read more

A:Generic Service Host Problems

Hello DrightenPlease post any error messages that appear in the Event Viewer under Administrative Tools.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73799/generic-service-host-problems/
Relevancy 89.9%

Recently I have noticed an unusually High CPU usage from 'Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)(11)'

Any ideas how to fix?

I have tried the fix from this thread, but it only works for a few minutes

A:Service Host (11) High CPU Usage

I'm having the exact same problem, tried the fix from that thread as well but didn't work at all for me...Found out anything?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/46297-service-host-11-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hello Tech People Thanks for looking at this This is the basic problem I am getting I am on XP -bit versions SP P GHz and Gig RAM I am frequently getting this error for about a month now When I click for details this is what I get Error Signature EventType BEX P svchost exe P P ed P netapi dll P P ac service Precess Help for Generic 32 with win Host P a c P c P Help with Generic Host Precess for win 32 service Technical Information C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp WER b d dir svchost exe mdmp C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp WER b d dir appcompat txt All of a sudden this error pops out and what it does is that if i click on quot Close quot button my broadband internet connection stops The status shows connected but I am not able to open any sites then and if I just ignore this error by dragging it to one side without closing it i get the same problem with my internet after a few minutes i e I am unable to open any sites I have to restart the PC before I can access the net again Everything else seems to work normally except the net Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Toshiba Hotkey Utility quot c Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe quot lang en O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe O - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ... Read more

A:Help with Generic Host Precess for win 32 service

Hi

This is not a malware problem as such so just check with this

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread52681.html

and see if you have all the MS updates...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-with-generic-host-precess-for-win-32-service-137404.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Are they safe or should i end them?

A:Windows 8 Alot of Service Host!!!!

I have them too. To bad we don't know what they all mean.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47325-windows-8-alot-service-host.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hello

This is my first post in this forum.My name is Ankit
i am using Dell Optiplex 3010 in my office.There are around 40 systems and all have same issue
Config is as follow
Windows 8 Genuine 64 bit
2GB DDR 3
Dell Optiplex 3010

Now the problem is there is one service Service Host: Local Network Restricted it consumes 100% disk usage and computer starts acting.

i have to manually kill this process from task manager around 4-5 times to end it.

Please help me is their any fix for it?
Ankit

A:service host: 100% disk usage

Use Resource Monitor to see what it is.

My guess is that you're using a poor antivirus or have never disabled Windows Search service.

Or even more likely, related to Virtual Memory, because of only 2 GB RAM and x64 system.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/40971-service-host-100-disk-usage.html
Relevancy 89.9%

I am looking at a buddy of mine s wife s laptop It is very host cpu/memory with using Having 100 trouble service sluggish and one process in particular svchost is using of the cpu amp almost all the memory resources There are - entries of quot svchost quot and one of them is unusally high in usage I have bandaided it by ending it in the taskmanager just to be able to troubleshoot it I also tried a Having trouble with service host using 100 cpu/memory fix from technibble I followed the directions to no avail I downloaded files fix svchost WindowsUpdateAgent -x WindowsXP-KB Having trouble with service host using 100 cpu/memory I followed the directions of booting up in safe mode running fix svchost then running windows update agent amp then the patch The problem still persists I also tried another approach of deleting a registry entry in HKLM but the entry is not there for me to delete Is there anyone here who has had this same issue and was able to resolve it I also need to know what causes it cause my own desktop is acting the same way The OS is WINXP home and it has all the latest updates as of pm on - - Thanks in advance to anyone who can help Jenn

A:Having trouble with service host using 100 cpu/memory

A good way to find out what is really under the svchost process is to use a tool made by Sysinternals (now owned by microsoft) called Process Explorer Basically it gives you the opportunity to dig into the tasks, and see the underlying processes and dll's loaded by each.This way you can pinpoint where all the resources are going and come up with a fix.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182189/having-trouble-with-service-host-using-100-cpumemory/
Relevancy 89.9%

Today laptop shut off while playing a game. Never has my laptop cut off from overheating. I looked at task manager and service host hogged resources and the disk stayed on 100%. I ran maleware bytes turned off some programs but to no avail. I
went from a nice laptop to a piece off junk HELP PLEASE!!!

Earl B

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0775d40b-831f-4634-87b7-9f74ac0d3913/service-host-makes-laptop-run-hot-please-help?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 89.9%

It would seem now these days that whenever I boot up my computer I will be met with this Windows Error By which my sound won't work some program windows will appear in the style of quot Classic quot and Host Generic Service Error my Generic Host Service Error internet connection isn't there Forcing me to reboot several times until the error does not appear on that particular boot I am providing this Generic Host Service Error log which appears to be fine Perhaps one of the more experienced users can pick out a bug I can't recognize Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AOL Active Virus Shield avp exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AOL Active Virus Shield avp exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS system drivers svchost exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run aol quot C Program Files AOL Active Virus Shield avp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run RCSystem quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot RCSystem -Startup O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe quot r O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run autoload C WINDOWS system drivers svchost exe O - HKCU Run autorun C Documents and Settings u svchost exe O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service Active Virus Shield AVP - Unknown owner - C Program Files AOL Active Virus Shield avp exe quot -r file missing O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE O - Service Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common ... Read more

A:Generic Host Service Error

As of, I am now suddenly infected? I had to reboot a few more times, and now my Virus Scanner log is starting to fill up as this Trojan continues to duplicate files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/generic-host-service-error-175507.html
Relevancy 89.9%

How-To HOST a Computer Service Game Definition Hosting making a program available to the public Internet using World Wide Web browser with a URL FTP for file up down loads or Telnet SSH for shell account access The mechanical issues are Obtain a Domain Name which will assign Service/Game Computer To: How a HOST a static IP address for your Domain Determine which system to which the IP address will point Port Forward How To: HOST a Computer Service/Game the gateway router to the system with the program that is always running Open the required Port s for the program on that system Licensing issues may restrict particulars of the above and you need to validate these before you finalize items - For example a normal End-User-License from an ISP typically comes with restrictions on hosting anything including website file serves and shell accounts and How To: HOST a Computer Service/Game contain clauses which allow the ISP to disconnect you if violated Typically to enable hosting How To: HOST a Computer Service/Game the ISP offers a Business Class License which will then enable anything you need In addition software often comes with a Single User license and requires a multi-user or Commercial Usage license for everything else After all your hard work and expense to make this work get this right before you get into trouble Details Obtaining a Domain Name For an annual fee one of the Registrars will assign you a public IP address associate it to the Domain Name of your choice assuming it is still available and make an entry into the global DNS so that nslookup yourdomain name will return the correct static IP address The goofy way to achieve the same effect is to use DynDNS org This will cause a non-static IP address to be found by your users HOWEVER you may then still violate the License issues of your ISP CAVEATE EMPTOR This is the HOSTING solution decision The business solution is to purchase hosting from a reputable vendor with UPS backup services and professional services on-site This is not real expensive and you get lots of services for this investment a choose the vendor you wish b inform them of your domain name and they will update the DNS to point to their hardware For whatever reason however some people want to host their service s on their own system s You then get your ISP to support your Domain name and its IP address and they will ensure your ISP connection usually your modem router is assigned the public address Then you use - to get your services to receive traffic from the Internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-host-a-computer-service-game.117316/
Relevancy 89.9%

Anyone Anyone AnYoNe HELP Windows xp macfee virus firewall internet email protection Computer has been working sluggish Mcafee virus scan Ran disk clean up ran ckdsk Recieved a few error messages for generic service host error to close Mcafee windowed popped up and said ask to allow or block change to startup menu with the winlogon file some program with a letter name fpseud I lost the paper I wrote it on So I blocked the start service host error!!HELP!! Generic up change Received a generic host error again Checked macfee events several events with an unknown ip address trying to gain access I checked system guard through macfee and it showed my blocking of the change then minute later the changed was allowed Got another generic service host error after I closed the Generic service host error!!HELP!! task bar and desktop items disappeared Restarted computer when I restarted I recieved the error Generic sevice host needs to close and I hit close and nothing Only thing that works is C A D taskmanager comes up with no apps Processes nothing out of the ordinary I m pretty sure I am able to browse the computer for a program to run from the run command on the windows taskmanager that s how I am able to get online thank god Same error error signature szappname svchost exe szappver szmodname unknown szmodver offset af ad Technical nfo on error C documents and settings neibertc locals temp werlaf dir svchost exe mdnp C doc appcompat txt option to close Closed all still nothing help help help help Immediately after I posted this I typed explorer in run command and taskbar and desktop items reappeared That s it explorer is missing from the processes WHY nbsp

Relevancy 89.9%

My daughter had downloaded Roblox Game As well Host App Sevice of Pokki publisher was installed I went to the admin account to uninstall this process And it was uninstalled successfully But this process has been still existing in the safety controlled account I attempted to uninstall Host App Service The window pop up says An error occurred while trying to uninstall Host App Service It may have Uninstall Service Host App Error already been uninstalled Would you like to remove Host App Service from the Program and Features list I clicked Yes then typed the admin passwordThe window Host App Service Error Uninstall popup says You do not have sufficient access to remove Host App Service from Programs and Features list Please contact your system administrator As result Host App Service is still remaining in Processes in the controlled account How do I remove this process I do not know if this is reason that my safety controlled account unocassionally lost internet although the network is fine To restore internet Host App Service Error Uninstall I must go to Admin account and come back the Safety controlled accountAny response is very helpful Best Truc C Nguyen Host App Service Error Uninstall

A:Host App Service Error Uninstall

Try these ways.host app service pokkihttp://is.gd/uhAlivhttp://support.pokki.com/customer/p...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/host-app-service-error-uninstall/1591.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello and thanks for helping me out Currently my browser s search engines are redirecting me to ads and such and i m randomly having a Service Host error It says something along the lines of it has stopped responding I ll update this post with the error message the next time it occurs I ve used Malware Bytes and it did find a few things and delete them but the problem is still present and now it doesn t detect anything on scans In the log it says it found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Bug Search Bug/Service Redirect Host Engine Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected c Windows System FastUv dll Trojan Dropper - gt Delete on reboot Registry Keys Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services fastuserswitchingcompatibility Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected Search Engine Redirect Bug/Service Host Bug No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c Windows System FastUv dll Search Engine Redirect Bug/Service Host Bug Trojan Dropper - gt Delete on reboot C Users J S Brooks AppData Local Temp tmp Rootkit Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows System certstore dat Trojan Agent Search Engine Redirect Bug/Service Host Bug - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Thanks again and now here is the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by J S Brooks at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Users J S Brooks AppData Local Apps YR Z C YAJ A M E PZ curs tion eee a b d e e CurseClient exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Steam Steam exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Windows system wbengine exeC Windows System vds exeC Windows system vssvc exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users J S Brooks Downloads dds scrC Win... Read more

A:Search Engine Redirect Bug/Service Host Bug

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331462/search-engine-redirect-bugservice-host-bug/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello When I boot Service encountered has problem" a Host "McAfee up my computer I am getting an error message which pops up again and again even after closing the error window I have run Search and Destroy as well as Malwarebytes and have cleaned my computer of the malware trojans that they found Although the computer is running faster I m still getting this message upon reboot Below "McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem" is the output from HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem" Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost "McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem" exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Percy Persinger Local Settings Application Data AbacastDistributedOnDemand Node AbacastDistributedOnDemand exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb ymsgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll file missing O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvis... Read more

A:"McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem"

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdvicePlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.Best Regards,oneof4.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367269/mcafee-service-host-has-encountered-a-problem/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi!

My laptop started running slow - reallll slow - two days ago after it "automatically" ran a windows update.  Then I noticed that my cpu memory was at 100%. 

I have Avast. I tried running a boot scan and it hung up twice and restarted the computer.   I have spotty access to the internet on the machine, so I downloaded Malwarebytes onto a flash drive and then onto my computer. I had internet enough to update the Malwarebyte file on the infected computer.  I tried to run it then, but it just kept getting hung up.  I opened the computer in safe mode and tried to run Avast first - no luck at all - wouldn't run.  Then I tried a quick scan of Malwarebyte and it too just hung up.  I've tried all this multiple times, and I've now learned that round pegs do not fit into square holes.

I am now at a loss.  Please help TIA!

A:Possible Service Host Virus - Windows 8 Laptop

Welcome aboard  Complete as many steps as you can....  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504739/possible-service-host-virus-windows-8-laptop/
Relevancy 88.97%

The above is the error message I was Win32 for Host Generic Process Service receiving I ran the security update suggested here however the computer keeps freezing up I already ran Malwarebytes Spybot and onecare live com microsoft last thing I did prior Generic Host Process for Win32 Service to Generic Host Process for Win32 Service the security update you suggested here I also ran eset com online-scanner Apparently there is some kind of a virus that none of these are able Generic Host Process for Win32 Service to get rid of This is a Dell optiplex computer with windows xp version service pack GB of ram Can not get any of windows updates and internet explorer does not work all the time and at times when I open it it appears some sort of webside like a supermarket type with a window that quot you are a winner quot and it starts counting Please help ThanksjudithmAfter carefully reading your website I follow the instructions and ran some of the programs you suggest for you to analize I am a total novice but I certainly appreciate your help I know I posted some information yesterday but I did not know how to get to it to continue adding what I did today I am still struggling finding everything and it its the first time I register to one of this websites Please see attachments It is almost impossible to work from this computer because it freezes and sometimes internet windows open unstopable to the point that I have to turn the computer off DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by PaulR at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS system taskcgr exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings PaulR Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel usuSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel usuDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www dell commStart Page hxxp www dell commSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel usmWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exeBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dlluRun DellSupport quot c program files dell support DSAgnt exe quot startupuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundmRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files java jre bin jusched exemRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun ATICCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace cli exe quot runtime -DelaymRun Client Access Service quot c program files ibm client access cwbsvstr exe quot mRun Client Access Help Update quot c program files ibm client access cwbinhlp exe quot mRun Client Access Check Version quot c program files ibm client access cwbckver exe quot LOGINmRun Client Access Express Welcome quot c program files ibm client access cwbwlwiz exe quot mRun GMorphCl quot c windows system taskcgr exe quot IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros off... Read more

A:Generic Host Process for Win32 Service

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is km2357 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.Sorry for the delay in replying, the forum is very busy. If you still need help, please do the following:Step # 1 Download and run DDSDownload DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or hereDisable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.Step # 2: Download and Run GmerPlease download gmer.zip from Gmer and save it to your desktop.***Please close any open programs ***Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.**Caution**These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOTKIT" entries unless advised by a trained Security AnalystIf possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan. Click No. If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware tab & make sure that the 'Sections' button is ticked and the 'Show All' button is unticked. Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity. Click OK.
GMER will produce a log. Click on the Save button, and save the log as gmer.txt somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.DO NOT touch the PC at ALL for Whatever reason/s until it has 100% completed its scan, or attempted scan in case of some error etc !Please post the results from the GMER scan in your reply.In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:1. The two DDS Logs (DDS and Attach.txt)2. The GMER LogUse multiple posts if you can't fit everything into one post

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359695/generic-host-process-for-win32-service/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello,

I read on http://www.file.net/prozess/wmiprvse.exe.html that my file size of wmiprvse.exe of 372.736 Bytes equals
one of the sizes under the section Viren mit gleichem Dateinamen which translates to english Viruses with same filename...

I scanned my system with malwarebytes anti malware and I have avast free antivirus on my pc. Please someone can help me?

A:wmi provider host service WmiPrvSE.exe constantly using 3 to 25 p. of my cpu

Hello michael4321, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!!

I read on http://www.file.net/prozess/wmiprvse.exe.html that my file size of wmiprvse.exe of 372.736 Bytes equals
one of the sizes under the section Viren mit gleichem Dateinamen which translates to english Viruses with same filename...

A couple of things here: I don't find file.net to be the best source of technical information because it's not always accurate. More importantly, I don't see the filesize of 372736 anywhere on that page! Where exactly do you see that number?

It's common for that service to spike CPU usage sometimes, and 3%-25% is not a problem if it comes back down again. If it's 25% all the time, then I would start to worry.

But there's an easy way we can quickly get several opinions on that file:
Go to VirusTotal.com
Click the "Choose File" button.
Navigate to the file WmiPrvSE.exe and click Open.
Click the "Scan It" button (***Note: If it says this file has already been scanned, please click "Reanalyze").
When it is finished scanning please provide a link to the results page in your next reply.
==========
Also...

I scanned my system with malwarebytes anti malware
Was anything detected?? If so, please copy and paste the logfile into your next reply. If you don't know where to find it, let me know!

==========

Depending on the VirusTotal results, we'll go from there.

Do you have any other problems with your computer?

bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599784/wmi-provider-host-service-wmiprvseexe-constantly-using-3-to-25-p-of-my-cpu/
Relevancy 88.97%

this morning when i went to reboot i received this message

i have beening looking for answers all day

please see attached

A:host process for windows service stopped

is there any thoughts out there??

Brink help out

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214182-host-process-windows-service-stopped.html
Relevancy 88.97%

nbsp Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsHi everyone My laptop has been acting a little funny recently and I'm wondering why On Monday when I booted up my laptop Samsung using using 25% memory of Service CPU/lots suddenly Host Windows I suddenly had a BSOD due to an error called PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA As soon as my computer restarted it was fine I did notice that there were two new notification icons in the lower right-hand area of my taskbar the little Windows action centre flag with a red X Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU/lots of memory and AVG's icon also with a red X Yesterday I noticed that my laptop had been warmer than usual and the Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU/lots of memory fan's noise was Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU/lots of memory more noticeable than usual I shut down the laptop to give it time to cool down However when it went to shut down the screen was black but the power light stayed on and the fan was still running I had to press the power button to make it shut down Once it booted back up I checked Task Manager for anything unusual AVG had been taking up about disk usage and various Service Host Local Systems were occasionally using CPU I ran a MalwareBytes scan which came back clean so I uninstalled AVG since I never use it anyway and shut down for the night Today my laptop is still warmer louder than usual and every now and then a service host will hog of my CPU and MB of memory I did some Googling and found a few threads on here from people who have had the same problem They were directed to use some antiviruses and other programs which fixed the problem -------------------- I did a FRST scan this afternoon FRST txt log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Ashley administrator on SAMMY - - Running from C Users Ashley Desktop Loaded Profiles Ashley Available Profiles Ashley amp Heather Platform Windows Update X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Qualcomm Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Samsung Electronics CO LTD C Program Files x Samsung Settings CmdServer EasyLauncher exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Samsung Electronics CO LTD C Program Files x Samsung SW Update SWMAgent exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccsvchst exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccsvchst exe C Program Files x Samsung Settings CmdServer EasySettingsCmdServer exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Samsung Electronics CO LTD C Program Files x Samsung Settings sSettings exe Intel C... Read more

A:Service Host suddenly using 25% CPU/lots of memory

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/618680 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618680/service-host-suddenly-using-25-cpulots-of-memory/
Relevancy 88.97%

Gentlemen/ Ladies:

First here are my spec of my sony laptop :
32bit/ Vista Ultimate SP2 / 4GB RAM memory/ solida state HDD 350GB/ intel chip 2.6GHZ/

I ran into wdi service host and wdi system host errors, that my laptop shutdown itself.

So, I did a sfc/scannow, it came back stated: found some errors but unable to repair/ fix by itself.

I was able to locate the CBS log, but unable to open/ read the file by note-pad or any other tool, unable to copy either....

Tried:
1. type cmd at start, run as admin,
2. findstr/c: "[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log>sfcdetails.txt
3. copy %userprofile%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\desktop\cbs.txt

Can anyone help me:

HOW TO FIX ERROR triggered by wdi service/ wdi system host ?

How do I open the CBS so that I can see what happened ?

Many thanks 

A:How do I open to see the CBS.log after running sfc/scannow....wdi service host &

Try findstr /c:"[SR] Cannot" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log|more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522372/how-do-i-open-to-see-the-cbslog-after-running-sfcscannowwdi-service-host/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi all not sure how or what happened or even how i noticed it but these services will not turn on not sure if i even need them WdiServiceHost Diagnostic Service Host WdiSystemHost Diagnostic System Host error access is denied in services it was denied for some reason i changed it Service access Host: denied ? Diagnostic to manual but the start is greyed out when i right click on it when i open properties i can change the startup type manual auto etc but if i try to change anything in the log-on Diagnostic Service Host: access denied ? tab or the recovery tab i get the error message i did have IO-bit Advanced SystemCare installed i ju Diagnostic Service Host: access denied ? st removed it i did a sweep with malwarebytes and Diagnostic Service Host: access denied ? cleaned the system with CC cleaner i also had a hard drive that i had lost access to possible it was a permissions thing i re-formatted it and that is all OK now as far as i know not sure if its related but its the last problem i had thanks Brad

A:Diagnostic Service Host: access denied ?

Hi there Brad Since you had Advanced System Care installed I suspect it's the culprit. ASC is considered a "system optimizer" which usually includes a so-called "registry cleaner" - using these are not recommended at all since they carry a very high risk of messing up the Windows Registry - thus breaking your Windows installation.And iOBit's reputation is not that good, as they are known for shady work ethics - the most famous one is them stealing the definitions database from Malwarebytes Corporation.If you are using CCleaner, I recommend that you NEVER use the Registry Cleaner option for the reasons I listed above.Hope this helps.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565688/diagnostic-service-host-access-denied/
Relevancy 88.97%

Messes with the connection and browsing Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Virus Host for 32 Service Win Generic Process System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security Generic Host Process for Win 32 Service Virus avp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files SetPoint LBTWiz exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF B... Read more

A:Generic Host Process for Win 32 Service Virus

You need to describe your problem or question. Your thread title includes the word "virus." If you suspect malware ...

Read Everyone MUST read this BEFORE posting for help in this forum, post the requested information here, and then click on Report at the bottom of your post and request this thread be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum.

Bump your thread there once a day--no more often--until you get a reply. They're kinda busy over there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win-32-service-virus.989299/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi Everyone This virus messes with my connection when I connect by wireless When I begin to browse it relocates all my pages with spam And after about minutes I have no net connection Thanks much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on for 32 Virus Win Host Process Generic Service Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Generic Host Process for Win 32 Service Virus Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Generic Host Process for Win 32 Service Virus Program Files SetPoint LBTWiz exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program F... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win-32-service-virus.989332/
Relevancy 88.97%

I get this after a reboot. When i click send report or dont send, my sound is disabled. CLicking the volume control gives a message there are no active mixer devices available. I can restart the service for windows audio and all appears fine until the next reboot.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/14/2007
Time: 10:14:02 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XPS_HOME
Description:
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, fault address 0x0004bef7.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 73 76 63 ure svc
0018: 68 6f 73 74 2e 65 78 65 host.exe
0020: 20 35 2e 31 2e 32 36 30 5.1.260
0028: 30 2e 32 31 38 30 20 69 0.2180 i
0030: 6e 20 6b 65 72 6e 65 6c n kernel
0038: 33 32 2e 64 6c 6c 20 35 32.dll 5
0040: 2e 31 2e 32 36 30 30 2e .1.2600.
0048: 32 39 34 35 20 61 74 20 2945 at
0050: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0058: 30 30 34 62 65 66 37 004bef7

A:getting Generic Service Host Error at bootup

Are you sure it wasn't a "Generic Host Process for W32 Services Error"?

If it is, here's the hotfix to install: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

If not post back and we'll deal with it further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/getting-generic-service-host-error-at-bootup-150755.html
Relevancy 88.97%

I am a technologically challenged senior citizen so please bear with me My computer is a Dell OptiPlex with a gigahertz Intel Core Duo processor and I am running Windows XP Professional Service Pack build as my operating system Recently I have been having a problem with the McAfee program that apparently comes as part of my Verizon Internet service When I m on the Internet and it can be AOL Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome increasingly frequently a gray box pops up telling me that Service Solved: Host McAfee Problem with quot McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and needs to close quot The box gives me an error signature SZ App Name McSvHost exe SZ App Ver SZ Mod Name Unknown SZ Mod Ver Offset eb When I click on the details prompt I get the following C DOCUME My Name Locals Temp WERod f dir McSvHost exe mdmp C DOCUME My Name Locals Temp WERod f dir appcompat txt I am then prompted to report the error to Microsoft which I do but nothing seems to happen except that my Internet connection shuts down I reboot the computer and restart the modem but Solved: Problem with McAfee Service Host when I go back online it s only a short time before the infernal box pops up again I ve googled it looking for a solution but in various online forums other people say they have Solved: Problem with McAfee Service Host called Verizon about the problem and Verizon tells them to call McAfee They call McAfee and McAfee gives them a fix that doesn t work Is anyone here familiar with this problem and is there a fix for it Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 88.97%

I've been getting this problem for a couple of days now. When I start my comp a pop-up appears with this message asking me to Check online for a solution or Close (the window). I haven't attempted to troubleshoot because I can't find any info online about this specific problem. Thanks, anyone!

Problem details (from the pop-up):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: PSANHost.exe
Application Version: 4.0.0.782
Application Timestamp: 543c156d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 10250
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

A:Application Host Service has stopped working

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Is your antivirus Panda Security?

I would recommend you remove Panda Security and use MSSE instead:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/hom...desinstall.htm

MSSE:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/application-host-service-has-stopped-working-970641.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi All,
My CPU is running at a consistent 98-99% within moments after booting my machine. I have uploaded a ~30s ETL capture here:

hxxps://www.dropbox.com/s/xznhkdyo5p2p7rn/highcpu.07-03-2014.10-46-16.zip
I've been digging around, but I can't seem to find what the cause of this high CPU usage is. It appears to be affecting the explorer service as well as Chrome. CPU usage does NOT go down if I kill all chrome processes however.

Any insight would be wonderful.

A:High CPU usage by Service Host & Services and Controller app

Hi,
According to your screenshot, it seems this is not related a particular service, it just like a memory leak issue.
Can you check the event viewer to see if there is some error record?
Or you can check if this issue happens in Clean Boot mode, this would eliminate software conflict:
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-usAlex Zhao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cc059d1f-1684-4e95-93b5-f9ff451871e4/high-cpu-usage-by-service-host-amp-services-and-controller-app?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 88.04%

Recently cleaned worms and virus with RKILL and Malaware Now I have Generic Host Process for Win Service errors Windows Explorer errors and closes IE errors and won t always open errors Host Service Generic WIN32 Process for and Dr Watson errors I ve read and followed instructions DDS log below and other two logs attached Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Michael Scott at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes Generic Host Process for WIN32 Service errors C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Generic Host Process for WIN32 Service errors WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe Generic Host Process for WIN32 Service errors svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Documents and Settings Michael Scott Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB amp Yahoo Messenger bbe - e - d -ad - d ad - c program files yahoo messenger yhexbmes dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun ATIPTA c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe mRun AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL mRun Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe mRun LifeCam quot c program files microsoft lifecam LifeExp exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common fil... Read more

A:Generic Host Process for WIN32 Service errors

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370519/generic-host-process-for-win32-service-errors/
Relevancy 88.04%

In the past few days I have noticed a very strange and extremely aggravating change in my computer I draw digitally for a living and I noticed that every so often sporadically not evenly spaced my cursor would simply stop communicating for a second just long enough to confuse my drawing program making me have Error CPU Service High Host + Usage Solved: to Alt Tab out and back in before it would recognize the pen on the tablet again At first I believed this was my tablet s fault but after a day of dealing with this I began to look more closely at my friend Windows Task Manager I Solved: High CPU Usage + Host Service Error noticed that every so often the CPU Usage would spike--dramatically Never for more than a second but just long enough to eat a huge chunk of the CPU Usage and so I began a few google searches to see what I could find just to give me some kind of idea Through Windows Task Manager and the Resource Monitor I was able to pinpoint specifically one exe that was causing a lot of usage SVCHOST EXE I studied the many SVCHOST EXE services and finally began to force End Task the ones that ran under my User Name My computer continued to run fine no program crashes and to my amazement the CPU Usage significantly dropped The only problem is that SVCHOST EXE restarts itself no matter how many times I try to close it and I m at the end of my capabilities alone I also noticed that in the same span of time as this all began to happen I began to get an Error now and again of something along the lines of quot Host Service has Stopped Working quot I haven t had the error come up lately and I can t remember exactly how it was worded but nothing seemed effected by this error I have not downloaded nor installed new software or programs in the past week or more The only thing that I did download was the most recent Drivers for my Wacom Tablet to replace the old ones because I thought that it was my Tablet s fault for this whole mess I m really at the end of my rope and I don t know what I m going to do if I can t get this fixed I m completely unable to draw with these hiccups going on every few seconds Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 88.04%

Since I installed 8.1, my machine is running hot, 45c, but when I shut down one of the many Service Host:Local Service(s), it drops back down to 20c, where it was always with 8.

I can manually shut it down each time.... but I's like to block it from starting in the first place. Shutting down seems to have no other effect other than dropping the temp.

I need to find a fix.... or go back to 8.

A:Program to block specific Service Host from starting...??

Hello (Rickkins). A Service Host is usually activated by a process.
A temperature spike would happen if there were increased CPU activity on a process (or processes).

I would check everything related to CPU utilization percentages in the task manager, particularly Processes and the Details tabs and Background Processes for excessive activity. What does your Performance (tab) CPU utilization score show at idle?

In 8.1, does it ever idle at around 3 percent (zero to 8) or is it running a process that drives the CPU score to a high percentage? Do you get high temperatures at low (or idle) CPU activity levels?

Do you get a temperature spike with a report like this?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35006-program-block-specific-service-host-starting.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hello Team YIKES Everytime I start the computer I receive the errors shown Here is the error problem in three screens I am running the following What ever is wrong with the computer it is using up the processer pretty regular causing jumps I took a snap of the performance graph taken at a time when i was supposedly quot idle quot Most of the processes using CPU were svchost exe and Idle Process Here is a snap of the services sorted by CPU use http i photobucket com albums i uringerror jpg Suspecting it may be Malware I went to Major Geeks and followed every instruction and download to a quot T quot I have run Macafee AVG virus detect SpyBot Microsoft Defender and LavaSoft AdAware most of Generic DEP for Host error.. Win32 Service Process them twice I opened my device manager and saw there was two question marks by my Logictech mouse and webcam driver so i deleted both of them What ever is going on there seems to be something in the background regularly chugging and the error messages just keep on coming whether i am connected to the internet or not I have physically shut off my wireless and rebooted a number of times Please let me know what else I may provide that will be helpful for you to determine how to get this computer back on track I have lost a day of work Best regards Jebullis

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/generic-host-process-for-win32-service-dep-error-211768.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I have noticed that this problem has only occurred over the last few days, when I boot my computer, it tells me generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. It gives me the standard "send error message to windows" thing and i click "send". Then after that box closes an error comes up telling that svchost.exe has caused an error. I've checked out the forums to find out if anyone else had Has this problem. One post suggested (http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/664709-yet-another-generic-host-process.html : "Click Start, click Run, type eventvwr.msc in the Open box, and then press Enter. Click the Application category. Look For Recent Errors " I did exactly that, but I don't know how to read/understand what the error message relates to. Please can anyone offer some assistance/advice?
Cheers all helpers.

A:Another Generic Host Process for Win32 service problem

This link may help in understanding how to use the event viewer

How To Use the Event Viewer Applet
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-generic-host-process-for-win32-service-problem.675874/
Relevancy 88.04%

I need some help folks Recently my Generic redirects / host crashing service webpage wifes PC started having Generic Host Services crashing which shuts down some functions of the machine including the print spooler and audio device manager She had Generic host service crashing / webpage redirects picked up a fake security threat warning awhile back and clicked on it It had loaded a couple of viruses that we thought we had taken care of but then it started doing more wierd stuff with the host services thing and redirecting webpages to freegiveaways com weekly winner I actually had this all typed up on her machine but I could not post it because the connection kept getting reset on me I m writing this again on my PC now I have gone back and scanned it with McAfee Spybot MalwareBytes amp Microsoft Security Essentials but found nothing Do I have a MBR infection possibly Any help would be greatly appreciated Here are the logfiles as requested in the quot Everyone must read this quot sticky These were actually done a week ago but she hasn t used the machine since Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AvRack rtlrack exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Virus crap HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS System keyhook exe O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run Disk Monitor C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MSSE quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - G... Read more

A:Generic host service crashing / webpage redirects

I forgot to add that I can not update Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Update either. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-service-crashing-webpage-redirects.966695/
Relevancy 88.04%

Ok personally i'm kinda PO'd After updating to windows It caused massive problems and posting on Microsoft forums did nothing but get , issue usage Disk Massive Service Host me an Automated response from a random pro He didn't even bother to help me or even read what the problem was If he did he wouldn't have replied with methods i clearly stated in the post in the first place but thats just typical Microsoft service for you i guess Thats really when it started About Service Host issue , Massive Disk usage local services popped up all at once and refuse to go away Shutting them down just causes issues So i downgraded back to Windows by doing a Fresh restart which was no fun because i had to reinstall everything that i had not backed up Onedrive can't hold everything Anyways After that i updated everything a bit I don't want to update too much because the Mandated windows update is still after windows users Anyways what can i do about this Service host issue Why won't it go away already Oooo if you guys can shine a little light on how to stop windows update all together that will be most appreciated

A:Service Host issue , Massive Disk usage

Welcome to Windows EightForums, Momosaki.

Would you please post or fill out your system specs in your forum profile or post them here so to better help you.

It’s not unusual for all those services to be running.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56390-service-host-issue-massive-disk-usage.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hello everyone well now I m stumped yet again Windows randomly decided to send me various notifications mentioning some mysterious errors my computer making Service crazy host error with quot service host quot or something similiar bare in mind I m on a spanish Vista and how it can t communicate with whatever it s supposed to I ve tried going to msconfig and instead of having my selective start-up I made it load all the services and programs it used to when I first recieved this laptop I also looked over windows services and nothing even seems disabled so that I could somehow be messing things up I also ran Ad-Aware scan for spyware or something that may be corrupting my computer somehow and nothing was found As for what happens when said service host error appears it basically destroys my UI for example Service host errors making my computer crazy the task bar turns into a flat white color but its borders are blue-ish transparent like when a normal folder window is not maximized This problem isn t fixed with my turning off Vista Aero either when I m in Vista Basic it also pops up randomly I really have no idea what s going on and I ll be getting a screen shot to show what happens to the UI though it does affect performance somewhat as well If anyone has any idea of what s going on I d greatly appreciate your time patience and effort I m open to any suggestions and again thank you PS It s been going on for awhile now and also I am suspecting somehow that my recent NETFramework windows update SP was installed recently with much frustration is maybe defective I personally don t even really understand what NETFramework does so I m just taking wild guesses since I m completely stumped nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-host-errors-making-my-computer-crazy.660779/
Relevancy 88.04%

Lately ive been having problems with this Error about svchost exe the problem points to some folder in my local temp folder called WER cb dir as you can see in the image attached i deleted the folder and its content thinking that the problem may get fixed but it didnt and now when i reboot my computer i get the same ERROR pointing at the same location but this WER cb dir folder doesnt exixt there anymore wonder why it stills showing this error Here is my HJ log thank you to anyone that Generic Windows Host Error -> Service Process can share a way to fix this problem sincerely n ber Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Windows Error -> Generic Host Process Service WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ Windows Error -> Generic Host Process Service exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXE C Program Files Yahoo Windows Error -> Generic Host Process Service Messenger YPager exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www couldnotfind com search page html amp account id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www couldnotfind com search page html amp account id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-error-generic-host-process-service.329925/
Relevancy 88.04%

this computer will shutdown and reboot about once every 10 min with error aboutGeneric Host Win32 Service errorthen a pop-up message shows that the computer is shutting down in <1 min due to DCOM Service failed to initialize.find attached the attach.txt dds.txt and ark.txtthank you in advance for any help with this

A:Generic Host Win32 Service (DCOM shutdown)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted logs, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logAlso, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HEREPS> Please copy and paste the log into your reply instead of attaching it. It makes it easier for us to work with and also allows it to be searchable for others that have similar problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291500/generic-host-win32-service-dcom-shutdown/
Relevancy 88.04%

Im having an issue im running Mcafee and I have spybot search and destroy I have ran also I can not my crash service host Spyware causing to issue seem to get rid of this issue and its causing my quot host service quot Spyware issue causing my host service to crash I believe is what its called to crash and I have to restart my comp to get the internet working again Under netstat it is obvious I have a lot of connections going to random sites so my Spyware issue causing my host service to crash guess would be I am definitely infected with some spyware used for ads Using internet explorer I can go to google but I searched google for hijackthis and I went to the official link and it started doing a bunch of advertisement jumps with the urls looking like this http mx asklots com jump affiliate mx amp subid amp terms hijackthis Thank god firefox is working fine but I am using it in safemode Here is my hijackthis log thanks a lot for any help I you can provide Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Cricket Cricket Broadband Cricket Broadband exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system cmd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users jason Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - FFFFFFFF-FF - C - EC- E AA B D - c Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spyware-issue-causing-my-host-service-to-crash.937505/
Relevancy 88.04%

Hello everyone,
I recently did a teamviewer session with a person. After that day, a teamviewer process would show up on my firewall as i started windows showing the name of a "macbook.XXX". I uninstalled Teamviewer but still this "MACBOOK" shows up in "windows host processes" when i start my computer. This person confirmed me he has a MacBook so I am pretty sure this is related to that teamviewer call. How do I fix this? And why does it make that connection when I start my laptop? Here is a screenshot of what happens.

http://imgur.com/a/lu8IE

The first in the list is the macbook i am referring to, the second in the list fully deleted is the name of my laptop.

what is happening?
thank you in advance for your help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627774/strange-host-service-in-glassdoor-firewall-after-tw-session/
Relevancy 88.04%

Will microsoft continue to host the patches and service packs for XP after 4/8/2014? Would the automatic downloads work? Would we need to manually download them? I searched and could not find a direct answer. What happens if one would like to re-install the software after that date? thank you.

A:Will microsoft continue to host the patches and service packs for XP after 4/8?

Hello veerboa,

Although the following seems to be addressed to Enterprise customers, all your questions are answered in the FAQ section toward the end.  It is the page linked to from Microsoft Security Essentials, running with the latest updates on an XP system:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/end-of-support.aspx

In short, you can still install, activate and update XP installations, via Windows Update, even after 8 April 2014.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530306/will-microsoft-continue-to-host-the-patches-and-service-packs-for-xp-after-48/
Relevancy 87.11%

Gentlemen & Ladies:

My WdiServiceHost is "disabled" & I can't "start" it because the OPTION is greyed out. 

Can anyone help me on this? 

Here is my computer INFO:
Windows Vista SP2
Ram 4GB/ Intel 2.6/ 300GB Hard Disk

Thank you 

A:how do i turn "Start" the Windows Diagnostic Service Host that the OPTION is gre

Mine is the same and this is the result

http://itsvista.com/2007/04/diagnostic-service-host/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541973/how-do-i-turn-start-the-windows-diagnostic-service-host-that-the-option-is-gre/
Relevancy 87.11%

hi tyhere..i have a friend that has got xp. but he keeps getting this error message

generic host process for win32 service has encounted a problem

and the machine shutsdown in about 40 seconds... does anyone have any ideas on how this can be resolved...thanx guys n gals

A:generic host process for win32 service has encounted a problem

http://forums.techguy.org/t152866/s.html

It's right above your post, and theres like 4 right below it...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-host-process-for-win32-service-has-encounted-a-problem.154854/
Relevancy 87.11%

Google links redirect Host service crashes unknown, Infected host with crashes redirects, Google service Any explorer browsing hangs save as in any app hangs Window appearance seems to revert back to classic style Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rexmaster at on Fri Internet Explorer Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG Infected with unknown, Google redirects, host service crashes AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows Infected with unknown, Google redirects, host service crashes system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Research In Motion Smart Card Reader BlackBerrySCRService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnectService exe C Program Files OpenCase OpenCASE Media Agent MediaAgent exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Research In Motion Smart Card Reader BlackBerrySCRUIProxy exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Apps AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnect exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Apps Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Apps Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Rexmaster AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE I L KZAZ Defogger exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Rexmaster AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE UAKDZSFH dds scr C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Watch for Browser Events e - adf- ec-aea -acb b f - c apps autofi macroe iCapture dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB Veoh Browser Plug-in d - - -a b -aefaf ab - c program files veoh networks veoh plugins reg VeohToolbar dll uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun AnyDVD c apps anydvd AnyDVDtray exe uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRun lt NO NAME gt uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles... Read more

A:Infected with unknown, Google redirects, host service crashes

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________ One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwords where applicable.It would also be wise to contact those same financial institutions to appraise them of your situation.I highly suggest you take a look at the two links provided below:1. How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?2. When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.NEXT:Running TDSSKillerPlease read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.Extract its contents to your desktop.Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381502/infected-with-unknown-google-redirects-host-service-crashes/
Relevancy 87.11%

Wdi [Windows diagnostic infrastructure] Service Host Hanging.

A check of my Problem Reports and Solutions, recently showed a long history in this feature with Wdi Service Host crashing on an almost daily basis, and sometimes actually failing some days in multiple instances. The following snip details are a couple of random selections of the same problem;

[ATTACH]12938[/ATTACH]
I have no idea how to even start correcting this daily failure. I have carried out an elevated admin level command sfc/scannow, however this produced no useful information to assist me in fixing the problem. I?m completely confused with this, and don?t know what to try next

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/227885-problem-wdi-windows-diagnostic-infrastructure-service-host-hanging.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Hiya There is a flaw in the Winsock Proxy service in Microsoft Proxy Server and the Microsoft Firewall service in ISA Server that would allow an attacker on the internal network to send a specially crafted packet that would cause the server to stop responding to internal and external requests Receipt of such a packet would cause Denial Service Service Cause Can ISA Winsock Service Firewall Of In Flaw Proxy And CPU utilization on the server to reach and thus make the server unresponsive The Winsock Proxy service and Microsoft Firewall service work with FTP telnet mail Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service news Internet Relay Chat IRC or other client applications that are compatible with Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service Windows Sockets Winsock These services allow these applications to perform as if they were directly connected to the Internet These services redirect the necessary communications functions to a Proxy Server or ISA Server computer thus establishing a communication path from the internal application to the Internet through it Maximum Severity Rating Important Affected Software Microsoft Proxy Server Microsoft ISA Server Download locations for this patch Proxy Server http microsoft com downloads deta B - FB- EB-BAFD- A D E amp displaylang en ISA Server English http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang en French http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang fr German http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang de Spanish http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang es Japanese http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang ja http www microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin MS - asp Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flaw-in-winsock-proxy-service-and-isa-firewall-service-can-cause-denial-of-service.128151/
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi It looks like i have a problem i keep getting this messageGeneric Host Process For Win Service has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience When i send the report or don't send the report it automatically pops back up only way i can type this message here is to move the pop up out of the way On reading up on this problem i found that there is some sort of problem with HP printers i have turned my HP printer of and restarted my PC and did not get the message after restart but would like someone to look at my HijackThis log just to make sure before i look into the printer issue if i have one Here is my new HijakThis logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Autodata Limited Shared Service ADCDLicSvc exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files And Service Problem Close Needs Encountered A For Generic Process To Has Win32 Host Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exeC WINDOWS system gsicon exeC WINDOWS system dslagent exeC Generic Host Process For Win32 Service Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close Program Files VoyagerTest fts exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exec program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files AOL b aoltray exeC Program Files AOL b waol exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files AOL b shellmon exeC Program Files Common Files AOL aoltpspd exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS system dwwin exeC Documents and Settings scotty My Documents Security bleep c HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run HostsMan C Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exe -sO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run GSICONEXE gsicon exeO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USBO - HKLM Run FP Friendly fts exe quot C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ct... Read more

A:Generic Host Process For Win32 Service Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close

Hi Scotty,

I have checked out your HJT log. I also read through your prevous HJT log topic where you were helped by MFDnSC. He pronounced your machine clean and this log says the same to me.

The fact that your problem disappears when you disable your HP printer (BTW, you seem to have an Epson printer also) is pretty conclusive evidence that the HP software is the source of your problem. Welcome to the club. My HP Officejet software would crash my computer every time I tried to use it. I finally gave up and downloaded a "professional" drivers-only package. That works fine. I use third-party software for the other functions, for example, I use PaperPort for scanning and managing scanned documents.

I would suggest contacting HP support first. From what you tell me about your research on the web, they are probably aware of the problem already. Maybe they even have an update that will fix it.

If you can't get anywhere with Hewlett-Packard you should post your problem in the Hardware forum.

Good luck,

Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78356/generic-host-process-for-win32-service-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close/
Relevancy 86.18%

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/52209-high-cpu-usage-service-host-dcom-server-process-launcher.html
Relevancy 84.63%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 84.63%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 84.32%

I have this problem since this afternoon on my laptop with vista home. I get this message about the host and even though the computer is connected to the wireless network and the blue circle is on the icon I cant surf the net, messenger cant connect also at start up the audio is off saying audio service is not running then turns on after few minutes.
On a post for a similar problem they mentioned to check the event viewer but on mine its either empty or it says its not available.I also got a message about the dhcp and when I check in the task manager itsstop ped and if I turned it on it i immediatly receive a message saying it had to be stopped. If anyone can help me with this or needs more info to help I'd be truly grateful

A:host process for windows services stopped working+no internet+audio service not runni

forgot to mention that it works fine on my wifes laptop and on the xp instalation on mine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-no-internet-audio-service-not-runni.810027/
Relevancy 84.32%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 83.39%

The Microsoft NET Framework NGEN v X service is marked as an interactive service However the system is configured to not allow interactive services This service may not function properly This seems an system is is service. However, interactive service marked as configured the to be my issue but I'm sure it's a combination of things that have led to this point I use a program for work that stops working when I select a particular tool It may stop working when I use other things but since it's the most important toll in the program I service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured haven't tried to use anything else The program is Autodesk Revit The tool is the lione tool Whenever I select the line tool the program crashes My browser also redirects to an ad site every so many clicks When I view the event viewer the error I see most is NET Runtime version - Failed to CoCreate profiler Whenever I try to manually start the following service clr optimization v - Microsoft NET Framework NGEN v X it says service started and service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured stopped automatically some services do not start if there is nothing using them The title of the post is from the events viewer directly related to when I tried to start the service I have also set the service to start automatically but does not fix the autodesk issue The reason I think it's related is because of the error above that occurs when the line tool fails I have tried malwarebytes avg free version and windows defender malwarebytes and avg did not find anything but woindows defender found trojans and a keygen java blacole times Win Coremhead Win keygen The redirect goes to several sites but the most memorable is Quibids com I have tried to repair net installation as well as remove the above trojans Windows security essentials says they have been removed but the services still won't start and Revit still crashes I have run other things like tdskiller and combofix and roguekillewr and FSS mainly based on other foirum posts but I've tried so many other things in between I'm not sure if they helped or hindered I have restored the computer to the earliest point I could which was I'm sure it was infected prior to that because there were no other restore points before that date even though I had set them up earlier That date was probably available because i had notice issues a while ago and probably set it up or turned it on againat that point Windows Home premium service pack bit Anything to help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498675/service-is-marked-as-an-interactive-service-however-the-system-is-configured/
Relevancy 80.6%

This might well be an old issue but have just joined BC.com (tonight in Australia). After some problems with various malware and a fake antivirus8 program, I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a scan with some success. My question does not concern malware as such (yet:). When scanning, MBAV ploughs through some 30,000 temp i/net files supposedly in C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\NETWORK SERVICE\local settings\temporary internet files\contentIE5\etc. How can I rid myself of these files? They are obvoiusly invisible to Win Explorer and also to CCleaner yet plainly obvious to MBAV which does not offer to delete them however.
Any number of references to this on google but precious few answers, most sites come with yet more malware etc and not much else, hence my question. Any ideas please?

A:Documents and Settings\Network Service\Local...

The local settings folder is a hidden folder. If you want to see it, open 'my computer' goto 'tools' then 'folder options' then 'view' then check the 'show hidden files and folders' and press apply.

To easily clean theses files you can use 'ccleaner'

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/?tag=mncol;1

Be careful not to install the toolbar, and it is also NOT recommeded to use the registry cleaning tool in the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372088/documents-and-settingsnetwork-servicelocal/
Relevancy 110.51%

Okay here s the deal I m the QA Technical Lead for a software company I m not a developer of our code but I know how to read it We are problem for Local System Service permissions using an application called TestComplete http www automatedqa com to create and run automated test scripts for our Borland Delphi application Part of this configuration requires the inclusion of a particular unit of code to provide COM access to a dll file supplied by the TestComplete application The problem we ve run into recently is as follows Recent changes were made to a Windows service application to advance our development of the application This is the only application involved in this scenario with code changes For some reason these code changes are causing some sort of permissions problem Here s the quote from AutomatedQA s support desk quot According to the specified offset the cause of the problem is that the tcclients dll library could not create a memory-mapped file it uses the CreateFileMapping and MapViewOfFile functions to do this We assume that your applications are running with different permissions If the mapped file is created in the system service first it cannot be created in the ordinary application afterward Please try to equalize the permissions for these applications and tell me the results quot I ve equalized the permissions and sure enough everything worked great Here s my problem The system service is being run under the Local System account and the ordinary application is being run under a local administrator user account Supposedly there really should not be any permissions problems in running these applications But obviously there are So to my Service permissions problem for Local System question Is there something that I can have my developers investigate in the recent changes to the system service to narrow down why there are permissions problems Any help would be GREAT Thanks nbsp