Windows Support Forum

cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Q: cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 98.58%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 110.51%

A year ago I created a custom Library and have been using it successfully until the beginning of this week The library's folder location is similar to the following C Users USERNAME FOLDERX Now when I open the Library it shows a listing Library! in Conundrum: By Custom Missing Library Folders' is 'Arrange of all of the files found within all of the folders in that library that is imagine a book separated by chapters folders and now all of the pages are scattered files in one cardboard box On the top right of this Library window I have the following quot Arrange by quot options -Date modified -Tag -Type -Name ---- -Clear Changes On the quot working quot libraries such as 'Documents ' there is a quot Arrange Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! by Folder quot option which is what I am attempting to have the custom Library emulate I have deleted the custom Library and tried to reestablish it but the same issue persists I cannot sort the Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! Library by folder rendering it useless Is there anyway to have the quot Arrange by Folder quot option reappear Did I accidentally switch some setting or is this due to a Windows Update Thank you

A:Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library!

Did you create a new library with the same name or a different name? When you go to Libraries, and you right click and select properties on Documents, do the attributes match what you find when you right click and select properties on your new library?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196726-library-conundrum-arrange-folders-missing-custom-library.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Try to create new library.
Get "Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms" Access is denied.

Found:
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

New library commands raise an error 16389 when "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" policy is enabled | Microsoft Connect
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

http://connect.microsoft.com/Windows...icy-is-enabled

http://snipurl.com/uvm5h
Recently transferred files from C:\Users\Ray to E:\My Documents.--used MS move command, thought it would transfer references, apparently not.

What should I do to be able to create a new library?

A:Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Run "cmd". Type "SFC /scannow" (without quotes), hit enter.
Also check the event viewer for errors related to "16389".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71484-unable-create-file-new-library-library-ms.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Awhile back I thought I read something online that said it was possible to add an image to the folder icon in your file library I have tried to find a tutorial or info on this but not had much luck Basically I want to know if it is possible to still show the folder icon but it Folders possible? Applying in Library- File is to Images add an image to it I have several hundred folders that each contain documents and images for research on textiles being able to superimpose an image of the textile type for the folder would make it much easier to locate the ones i want than by looking at hundreds of blank folders with textile names as the name doesn't always conjure up what the fabric looks like in my Applying Images to File Folders in Library- is it possible? head Is this even possible I don't want to replace the folder icon with an image I want to put an image on the folder icon Something like this I am using a Toshiba laptop running Windows home premium The only catch to this I'm Applying Images to File Folders in Library- is it possible? not sure about is that my filders appear sideways instead of flat like this which would would render it pointless to place an image on But again am almost positive I read that you could If this is possible any input advice how- to would be hugely appreciated For the record I'm not very tech-terminology savvy so if at all possible please break it down to me in layman's terms Thanks so much

A:Applying Images to File Folders in Library- is it possible?

Here is a great little tutorial | Make *.ico file in 30 seconds
If you're having trouble, just ask .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300592-applying-images-file-folders-library-possible.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I have to manually refresh to show that a file is deleted. As far as I'm aware, this only happens in the picture and music library. Any way to fix this?

A:Library folders won't show file deletion until I refresh

Have tried to find something that would fix this problem (not having it myself), but have run into that thing we call a "Wall." Really not sure what it would take at this point.

Something you might do is to run a Malware program to determine if that could be the problem. Or, go to "System Restore" then go back to point that this problem didn't exist, and restore to that point to see if that will fix the problem (remember if you use System Restore you may have to reinstall some of your apps). Good Luck . . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291072-library-folders-wont-show-file-deletion-until-i-refresh.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hiya

The Picture It! Library and Digital Image Library do not display temporary files. By ignoring temporary files, the Library can remain clean and uncluttered. An issue has been identified where some software marks photos as temporary files when they are acquired from the camera. This patch enables the Library to view these temporary files.

The software currently known to mark new files as temporary is Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser version 4.1.0.46.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP

Multimedia PC with Pentium 500 MHz or higher processor
128 MB of RAM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e5-5d09-4bbf-b7df-b1451f201dae&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

A:Picture It! Library/Digital Image Library: View Temporary Files Patch: Aug 26

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-it-library-digital-image-library-view-temporary-files-patch-aug-26.160012/
Relevancy 89.01%

I am using windows and have all my itunes on an external home network drive. Everything is all set up and all new files are written to the drive. The problem is that if I add music from a cd to the library it is only recognized by the computer that I did it on and not recognised by the other computer. How do I make both computers recognize all content in the library?

Thanks, Joe

A:Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

No takers eh! I guess there are not many itunes users here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-library-on-external-drive-using-2-computers-i-cant-see-all-the-library.975937/
Relevancy 87.29%

I don't know whats going on but if I go to options and click on Monitor Folders and find my folder where all of my music is located.

WMP11 finds all 24002 files but says "0" added when completed. I basically have no library and I'm not able to add the files to the library.

I've restarted my computer, I've deleted the watched folders and added them back without any luck.

A:WMP11 finds my song library but won't add it in the library?

First turn off Monitor Folders and leave WMP open in the library view. To add songs to the library, select the music file folder(s) in Windows Explorer then drag-and-drop them into the WMP window.

If that doesn't work, delete the WMP database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-finds-my-song-library-but-wont-add-it-in-the-library.724728/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have Musicmatch Jukebox I used to have and I have a saved library ddf file in my external hard drive After getting the library is now not saving to any ddf file that I know of I have searched all my drives for all ddf files and produced nothing My original ddf file I saved all the time when adding new music has been the same mb since i upgraded to the ddf file isn t getting any bigger I have tried deleting mmjb from my entire computer and going to MMJB option save or to library 10: new No library the C directory and physically deleting musicmatch When I download a fresh copy I still cant save or create a new library In MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library addition it still pulls up all my music which is stored in my external hard drive Even if I turn my external hard drive off mmjb still brings up all the music of course it wont play because the hard drive is turned off but somehow mmjb knows my current library so is it storing it in a file which is not a ddf file There is no option to quot new library quot or quot save library quot Someone help me nbsp

A:MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

It might be that the file is hidden and windows cannot see it. Go to My Computer, then Tools > Folder Options > View > select shown hidden files and folders.

Also it could be that it's not using the DDF file anymore and using a different one. Maybe M4U or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmjb-10-no-option-to-save-library-or-new-library.352109/
Relevancy 87.29%

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board but hoping for advice on rebuilding my iTunes library without library.xml rebuilding library on iTunes Advice without or .itl? a full library xml or itl I'm on Windows bit iTunes My tech skills are poor and after a corrupted library event I just reinstalled itunes and then added my itunes folder from my C drive in itunes File gt Add Folder To Library However not all the songs on the HD were added to my iTunes library i e for many albums random tracks were missing when viewed in iTunes the original xml and itl files were corrupted and I didn't try to use them for this I can go to Advice on rebuilding iTunes library without library.xml or .itl? the iTunes folder on the C drive and right-click to Open those missing files with iTunes After they have been played like that then they are visible in the library in itunes but doing that with every individual missing track is incredibly time-consuming I've just bought a new PC and want to port my whole library over to the new machine Is there any way of moving all the files to the new machine via external HD and then rebuilding the library without gaps even if the library xml and itl files from the old machine have gaps Any suggestions would be really appreciated or somewhere else to go to find help Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621251/advice-on-rebuilding-itunes-library-without-libraryxml-or-itl/
Relevancy 87.29%

My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem.

When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also.

If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents file.

If I try to move the document file from the picture file to the document file, a window says its an Identical sub folder and won't go any further.

How can I remove the folder list of documents from the picture file without destroying those documents in the document file?

I think that this problem developed as I loaded an ArcSoft program to read slides into my computer.

Thanks,

Jimbow

A:Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Hello Jimbow, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's just been added to your Pictures library by mistake, then you should be able to use the tutorial below to remove it from the library without deleting the actual folder.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302720-documents-library-also-appears-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello

We have a GPO setting "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" as we do not want users to be able to add files to their Roaming User Profile.

This GPO causes an error when a New Library is attempted to be created.

Because of the error we would like to Remove the "New Library" button from the toolbar which appears when the Library item is selected in the navigation pane.

The following article is great, however I cannot find a reference to the "New Library" button.

Windows Explorer Toolbar Buttons - Customize

Could any customisation wizkids offer any advice please?

Many Thanks

A:Remove New Library Button in from Library Toolbar

Hello Lee,

Doing step 7 in the tutorial below to remove "New -> Library" from the context menu will not remove the "New Library" toolbar button, but it will also effectively disable it. It may be a good workaround for you.

New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155361-remove-new-library-button-library-toolbar.html
Relevancy 87.29%

EDIT This issue has been solved Hi there This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I d appreciate anyone s insights My default Pictures library has somehow become a permanent clone of my Videos library It s not that it s a copy of Videos it s that both libraries have merged into the same entity The quot Pictures library-ms quot file literally does not exist Windows is using one file and one set of options yet displaying it as if there were two libraries And it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that quot Pictures quot can or should exist If I delete one of the quot Videos quot both links remain visible until I refresh the Explorer window which makes them both disappear If I try to delete one and then the other Windows says it Library My Videos Solved: My Pictures Library Ate can t find the file which makes sense since the individual quot Videos library-ms Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library quot file is already gone If I delete all of my libraries and then select quot Restore default libraries quot both duplicates reappear as before No quot Pictures library-ms quot is ever created I can manually create a new library called quot Pictures quot but it doesn t Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library affect the presence of the duplicate Videos and other applications such as Windows Media Player do not recognize it as the official Pictures library WMP only shows images in the Videos folders and if I select quot Manage Pictures library quot from the WMP navigation pane it opens the options for the Videos library Strangest of all is this if I delete all libraries and don t restore them manually a quot Videos quot library will automatically reappear at some point no more than hours later I can delete it when this happens but it will continue to reappear at regular intervals I ve tried editing the registry to completely disable the Libraries feature as seen here and then reenable it using the factory defaults but this doesn t make a difference Since that patch completely removes the default libraries properties from the registry I have to conclude that Windows stores additional library data elsewhere but I haven t had any luck finding it I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 86%

I reinstalled Windows 7 - 64 bits on my husbands computer and ran MS updates that I had downloaded on a DVD. Now I wanted to install IE 11, but I receive a message that some MS updates are needed before install IE 11. I ran ALL the updates, only not Silverlight and .NET Framework. Do I need any of them for IE 11 to install?
Also, I partitioned the HD (drive C for Windows and drive D for data). I remember that on Windows XP I was able to move the library (documents, pictures, etc) folder to drive D, so when I needed to restore the backup of the Windows partition, the data were not lost. How can I do the same with Windows 7?
Thank you for any advice.

A:IE 11 and library folders

I would advise you to go here and download IE for Windows 7 64-bit. This will update the 32- and 64-bit versions of IE on the PC. It will download some updates during the initial installation, but that's fine.

As for changing the location of files to the D:\ drive? Have a read of this page and follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-11-and-library-folders.1156570/
Relevancy 86%

is it possible to include a map drive folder in the library.thanks

A:library folders

hi,you might find the info needed in this link .
Libraries: frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40624-library-folders.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hello..

Win VHP 32, v 6.0.6002 SP2, build 6002, WMP v 11.0.6002.18111
(2) newish HP laptops, same CS & WMP v.?s, both recently reformated, all working fine.

1. WMP services & processes stopped,
2. Media Player folder removed fr C:\User\....\Local\Microsoft\.
3. Library of 70GB, 4k folders, 27k files stored on ext. HD, consistently after deleting & rebuilding the Library several folders will not be added,
folders, all music with album art.
4. The individual music files do play when selected individualy from Win Explrer.
5. I am only concerned with a audio library.

I am thinking there must be some kind of attribute on the folders but from what I see they are exactly the same.
Help please. I have removed and rebuilt the libraries to the same results at least 10 times getting the same results.

Any help will be responded to and thanks ahead of time for any efforts on my behalf.
Regards, Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319716/wmp-11-consistently-will-not-add-folders-to-library/
Relevancy 85.14%

I'd like to remove the folders from under This PC in the navigation pane. Is there a hack for that yet?

A:8.1 - Remove Library Folders from This PC

Hello xichael,

The tutorial below will help show you how to remove the folders from the "This PC" window. These are not libraries though. Instead they are shortcuts of your user folders.

This PC - Add or Remove "Folders" in Windows 8.1

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/35325-8-1-remove-library-folders-pc.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am not able to find the process to delete a folder from my Documents library. The Help function says the following, but I can not find the 'library pane', Includes, nor Locations.When you no longer need to monitor a folder in a library, you can remove it. When you remove a folder from a library, the folder and its contents are not deleted from their original location.
In the taskbar, click the Windows Explorer button.
In the navigation pane (the left pane), click the library that you want to remove folders from.
In the library pane (above the file list), next to Includes, click Locations.
In the dialog box that appears, click the folder you want to remove, click Remove, and then click OK.

A:Managing folders in a Library

Hello Thickey, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove a included folder from a library.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216151-managing-folders-library.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I don't know when it happened and I don't know how it happened although I suspect it could be due to the last set of updates I downloaded All I know is that for some reason I cannot access my library folders Double clicking on the folders does absolutely nothing I get no errors of any kind either This is what I've done so far library Cannot open folders to try and fix the problem chkdsk spotfix no bad sectors found dism online cleanup-image restorehealth the component store corruption was repaired whatever that means sfc scannow all files verified successfully Deleted library folders and then reset to default did not work Windows library registry fix did not work None of these worked and I'm at my wits end I can Cannot open library folders still access Cannot open library folders the actual information thank God by going to C Users But I'd still like to be able to use the library function I can't believe something so seemingly simple could be so difficult to fix

A:Cannot open library folders

Might have to do an In-Place Install, how is the hard drive health? I've had to run GWscan about 10 times since I installed Windows 8. I ran it that many times for Windows 7 for 3 years. When 8 blue-screens, sometimes it really messes up the system hard drive.

Repair Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28115-cannot-open-library-folders.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello Both newish HP laptops running well virus malware clean Vista library folders WMP adding 11 to not HP WMP All music stored on portable WMP 11 not adding folders to library HD in folders in Public Music The Public Music folder of this HD is added correctly in WMP Library Add to Library of the folders are added successfully but several are consistently excluded and happen to be folders I have recently added after downloading in Limewire The music files in these folders that have been excluded are playable in WMP by selecting them through Win Explr Q Why are these folders excluded and what can I do to resolve this I have properly deleted WMP WMP 11 not adding folders to library in C User Microsoft Media Player and rebuilt it to the same result at least times I am thinking it WMP 11 not adding folders to library must have something to do with the Folders themselves though when I compare them to all the folders added no problem they seem to be the same I am baffled unless someone programmed WMP to ignore the Bee Gees thank-you in advance for any attempt to help regards Mark nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-not-adding-folders-to-library.926019/
Relevancy 85.14%

I find this to be so lame I don't exactly get why libraries are so useful but for whatever reason they appear to be what MS wants me to use when working with folders because it's a heckuva lot easier to navigate my library folders in the left-side Windows Explorer navigation pane than it is to drill down to those same folders through Computer Users etc So when I'm working with folders in libraries it is impossible to paste a file into any folder that resides hierarchically under a library folder by right clicking on the folder any to folders paste library Cannot You can only choose cut or copy In order to paste a file into a folder to which you have navigated by going the library route you have Cannot paste to any library folders to actually open the folder and right click somewhere in the white space of Cannot paste to any library folders the open folder This is so lame You can right click and paste into Cannot paste to any library folders any of those same folders as long as you access them by going the Computer router It's the same folder for god's sake What do you guys think about this Is it a bug or some kind of 'feature' of which I am somehow failing to see the benefit

A:Cannot paste to any library folders

I made a "My Desk" folder .. which I then moved to Libraries. When I click on that folder expanded, I can click on the ones that I use the most.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4865-cannot-paste-any-library-folders.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I would like to add the games library into the main library system that includes: Videos, Music, Documents, Pictures, Podcasts, ect. How could I do this?

A:Is there a way to add games library to main library?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I have really never used the "Games" Interface but I think it's a part of the system as in like not a folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/80721-there-way-add-games-library-main-library.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I created a new library and included four folders in it. The library is there but all the folders have gone missing. I looked in every folder in all other libraries and searched with Windows Explorer using the folder names but to no avail. How else can I try to find these folders?

Thank you,

A:How can I find folders missing from a library

Hello Melita,

Are the folders still included in the library?

Library - Include a Folder

Are the folders still at their original locations as well?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282874-how-can-i-find-folders-missing-library.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I did something to the libraries just now and now the Music and Document folder is a little screwd. Would greatly appreciate some help in changing the view of the 'Documents' to make it look like the 'Pictures' folder. Both 'Library Locations' are exactly the same.

A:How do I change the view of the folders in the Library

Dear cokejam,
The simplest and sure method of undoing the changes which you made to the Libraries,is to go to the "last System restore point".

Regards,
sree

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219171-how-do-i-change-view-folders-library.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I just joined the forum. I have a query regarding being unable to save into the folders in my libraries. I'm not sure where I should post it. Can someone point me to the right forum please?

Thank you

A:Unable to save to the library folders

Hello there & welcome to SevenForums.

First you could read some pertinent threads & tutorials:
library-set-save-folder ,
File Folder Settings ,
or you could post your query in the general discussion section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164108-unable-save-library-folders.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i can go to file explorer and see all my sub folders created under the pictures library, but any app i use to see the photos, like the photos tile installed with windows 8, it does not show any sub folders at all.. the only way to see photos is to put pictures directly in the my pictures folder with no folders! and then it shows the photos but will not show any sub folders or pictures in them!

any idea how to fix this.. been on phone with microsoft for 2 hours now and they have no clue.
thanks
steve

A:windows 8 not seeing sub folders in my pictures library

somebody had this question in another thread and got it solved. maybe you can search for that thread

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17588-windows-8-not-seeing-sub-folders-my-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Since the last Windows 7 update a day or two ago, the display of folders in my Documents library has changed. The folders are now displayed in one column with dates showing when each folder was created. This makes scrolling necessary to view all the folders. I'd like to change this back to the way it was, in rows of columns (without dates or any other info) so I can see all the folders at once.
I've tried everything I can think of and I've searched this forum with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

A:How do I restore the display of folders in the Documents library?

Hello Fred,

Setting your folder view settings to Group by -> (None) and view by large or medium icons should sort this for you.

File and Folder Arrangement - Group by - Sort by - Arrange by

Icon Size - Change in Windows Explorer Window

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358424-how-do-i-restore-display-folders-documents-library.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My Documents library was very well organized, containing many folders. Today I clicked on my Documents library, and discovered that all of my folders HAD DISAPPEARED, and all of the folders' contents are now floating loose in my document's library. I now have over 28,000 different files in my documents library with no organization whatsoever. (Interestingly, I also have a few zipped folders that weren't tampered with.) Also, my computer has been very VERY slow, making some of my programs unusable. (Microsoft Word, in particular). My McAfee virus software is running and up to date. Also, when I click on my documents folder through my C drive instead of going through my documents library, my folders are all intact the way they are supposed to be. I have NEVER seen anything like this before. Ever seen this before? Can it be fixed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/folders-in-documents-library-suddenly-missing-584607.html
Relevancy 82.99%

When I click on This PC, I see the Folders section, then the Devices and Drives.

Is there any way to add another folder to the Folders section?

I'd like to add my Dropbox folder here or a shortcut here so it's easily accessible from This Pc and from in software when trying to save a file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-new-folder-in-library-folders-section.1165153/
Relevancy 82.99%

When i opened my windows explorer to go to my pictures . there were no folders just 4 boxes that said " pictures.library-ms." ( documents.library-ms. etc ] . i deleted them and tried to restore them but it didnt work . when i go to upload a picture to tumblr it works but not if i want to just upload them to my computer and veiw them .

when i tried to save an image to the computer it wouldnt let me it said : " can not save to this location "

i just got this computer appril 21st . how can i fix this .?

A:Windows explorer library won't let me open any folders .

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look here: Libraries - Restore Default

If that doesn't work, try this: Libraries - Hidden and Empty Fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228389-windows-explorer-library-wont-let-me-open-any-folders.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I've noticed that the music library always shows folders (not files) first when ordering by date (created/modified). In Vista, files can be shown first, which I prefer since I can see my most recent music files. So my question is... is it possible to change this, to display files and then folders (as in Vista)?
Thanks in advance.

Update: it happens in all the libraries, not only in the music one. However in the computer explorer it doesn't, I mean, files appear in the first place.

A:display files before folders in the music library

Hello antoniomc, welcome to Seven Forums!

I haven't experimented with Libraries much so here's the link to the Libraries tutorials until someone can answer your question.

Tutorials - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23055-display-files-before-folders-music-library.html
Relevancy 82.99%

So I have library that has 4 folders in it. When I click library is shows all the items in each folder in tree view when I want them all minimized. Want to look like when you click on the locations link at the top once inside library it shows the folder themselves. Any way of doing this?
Also is there a way to export a library? Just the locations it refers to not the actual files themselves? Make it easier setting up pc again in future. kinda like you can copy a bunch of shortcuts to software you might instal later then past them where you want but do this for library.

A:Library - show folders minimized by default

Quote: Originally Posted by Torrentula81

So I have library that has 4 folders in it. When I click library is shows all the items in each folder in tree view when I want them all minimized. Want to look like when you click on the locations link at the top once inside library it shows the folder themselves. Any way of doing this?

Always double-click the horizontal header bar of each Location before closing the window. This is the only way I know of to do this. After a while, it will become so automatic that you won't even have to think about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Torrentula81

Also is there a way to export a library? Just the locations it refers to not the actual files themselves? Make it easier setting up pc again in future. kinda like you can copy a bunch of shortcuts to software you might instal later then past them where you want but do this for library.

Windows Easy Transfer does this by telling it to save your Windows Settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297704-library-show-folders-minimized-default.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello all I'm experiencing a strange problem with tripple library folders When I first installed windows I deleted all default library folders and created custom ones all was fine Some point later I decided to create a new library named quot Music quot the same as one of the defaults That's when things started going screwy At first everything appeared normal I had a new folder called quot Music quot in my library and I proceeded to include folders in it After I rebooted though now I can reproduce this just by refreshing the explorer window I noticed that I had quot Music quot folders in my library One had the default library icon the other a music-specific icon I proceeded Weird problem library with folders tripple to troubleshoot Weird problem with tripple library folders the problem Deleting either folder resulted in deleting both Adding a new quot Music quot custom library added both again Restoring the default libraries restored two copies of Music I checked in appdata roaming ms windows libraries and saw that there was only one music library-ms file I then tried creating a new custom library including all files I wanted deleting the music library and then renaming the newly created on to music This resulted in having library files - - I've been googleing but its hard to filter through the results since most are about having double the physical files inside a library folder Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Weird problem with tripple library folders

System Restore to a point before you started "fiddling."

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150552-weird-problem-tripple-library-folders.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I was burning a CD and my i tunes program stopped when I looked up it was blank thousands of songs gone The program was new like I had just downloaded it when i tried to sign in it said my account never existed Anyway to recover all that music I tried to burn a CD just a few minutes ago and it said Disc Burner or Software not found I went to start under computer there is only Local Disc C amp Recovery D my DVD CD Rom drive is gone My Document folder in the Library has disappeared twice in the days or so All my files are gone The sub folder My Docs has C after it now None of the others do Anyway to recover Folders that I put on my Desktop randomly disappear A folder Titled Print keeps popping up on the Desktop I delete Folders CD just ~ & drive, disappeared. Library Desktop HELP it and it comes back It has not HELP ~ CD drive, Library & Desktop Folders just disappeared. re-appeared since this morning Shouldn't I run a program on my external hard drive to see if it's infected I have saved folders on there I need to recover Someone from the Malware Response Team has been assisting me most of the week Today he told me to Post a new Topic it's not Malware Can anyone help me Is it a Hijacker deleting and posting folders i'm not very good with computers Thank You DelFix v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Username Me - MINEMINEMINE Operating System Windows bits Removing disinfection tools Deleted C FRST Deleted C AdwCleaner Deleted C Users Donna Downloads FRST-OlderVersion Deleted C Users Donna Downloads AdwCleaner exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads dds com Deleted C Users Donna Downloads esetsmartinstaller enu exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads JRT exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads HijackThis exe Deleted C Users Donna Downloads hijackthis log Deleted C Users Donna Downloads tdsskiller zip Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE AdwCleaner Creating registry backup OK Cleaning system restore Deleted RP Scheduled Checkpoint Deleted RP Installed Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin Deleted RP Removed Product Improvement Study for HP Officejet series Deleted RP Configured Media Suite Deleted RP Removed iTunes New restore point created - EOF -

A:HELP ~ CD drive, Library & Desktop Folders just disappeared.

If you have any remaining data you don't want to lose, back it up, then restore to factory settings using the instructions in your user guide.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538707/help-cd-drive-library-desktop-folders-just-disappeared/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a new Dell computer XPS running Windows Professional I have an old Western Digital My Book external drive to a folders Windows drives Problem external library moving 7 from USB and a new one USB The old drive has Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library a cloned Acronis version of my old computer on it The new computer had a little trouble finding the old drive but eventually did so and no trouble finding the new drive I was able to copy the folders I wanted from the old external drive to the new one but not from either the old or the new into a Library I created for stuff from my old computer Of course I can link the folders to Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library the Library but not actually copy them to it- which is what I had planned to have old and new data in one place reserving the new external drive for clones or backup When I attempt Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library to either drag the folder or do a copy I get the red circle with a line through it Any suggestions for what is going on

A:Problem moving folders from external drives to a Windows 7 library

Hello bmanning, and welcome to Seven Forums.

As a test, see if you will be able to drag them to your desktop first, then move them to where you like afterwards. Windows 7 has built-in security that prevents anything from being copied from an external source directly into a system folder. It has to be to a user folder (ex: desktop) first, then from the user folder to a system location.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238034-problem-moving-folders-external-drives-windows-7-library.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm having difficulty adding MP3 files from other folders to the Media Player library. When I choose "add to Library..." in Media Player, it scans for digital files and finds lots of them, but nothing gets added to the library. If I click on one of the digital files in another folder, Media Player will play the file, but I can't add it to the library. What's up?

A:Can't add digital files in other folders to the Windows Media Player library

Try and send the files to your music folder.Right click the file you want open drag and drop into music folder.This will automatically send them to windows media player library.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427334/cant-add-digital-files-in-other-folders-to-the-windows-media-player-library/
Relevancy 79.55%

My problem is maybe a little complicated I want to move my iTunes library to an external hard drive Unfortunately I tried to move it without following the proper instructions from Mac I moved the music files iTunes Music folder to the external hard drive and deleted the folder and music files from my computer after the move Then I went to iTunes preferences to change the location of iTunes Media to the external Then I checked it and iTunes couldn t play couldn t find any of the files of course I moved everything back changed the preferences still couldn t find the songs so I re-created my library and playlists following the instructions from Apple support Now most of my music is back in iTunes but not all Some of it it said it couldn t find I m not sure of all of the music it can t find I know some of it from memory All of the files are in the iTunes Music folder I (iTunes some library iTunes Solved: Library Help find songs) can't assume and I so want to added the files it couldn t find but not duplicate everything I have in my library already Then move my files to the external properly How do I do this Bonus question None of my I iphone applications are in my iTunes I m afraid to connect my phone now as I fear I will lose the applications and Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs) the info in those apps How should I handle this Sorry for the long explanation Thanks for your patience nbsp

A:Solved: iTunes Library Help (iTunes library can't find some songs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-library-help-itunes-library-cant-find-some-songs.939142/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just upgraded to W8P and can't figure out how to quickly access Library to get to Music, Pictures, etc. which I do frequently. With W7 it was two clicks on the Start button. I've created a Computer tile on the Start page to access it, but I'm thinking there must be a better way.

A:How To Get Quick Access to Library?

Hello Rishicash,

On the desktop, you have a File Explorer icon already pinned to the taskbar that opens directly to the Libraries.

On the Start screen, you could pin the hidden folder below to the Start screen for quick access to them here.

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17254-how-get-quick-access-library.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello - I was searching to see if there was a program or API that provided access to the HP Hardware and Software content catalog and SKU library. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Regards, Mark

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Access-to-Content-and-SKU-Library/td-p/5493372
Relevancy 79.55%

I am not loving windows eight. Slow, clutzy and when I couldn't retrieve any documents after installing scansnap software, I uninstalled all the new software, that didn't help, I tried to restore the computer to an earlier date and it wouldn't restore, said a file was missing. One thing that seems to have an impact is that it initiated a homegroup that wasn't there before. I can't delete or uninstall it and I have no need for it. Any suggestions welcomed.

A:Can't access documents in library

sfc /scannow

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32136-cant-access-documents-library.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I can't access my documents library.
I can access and view the files but can't copy or move or delete something in it.
My games are also dead and not saves to documents.
GTA V, GTA IV, GTA SA not saves to it.
Tells check your storage device.
Windows says that I require administrator permissions even though I am the administrator.
I never done any file permission change.
Please help...................

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-my-documents-library.1170230/
Relevancy 78.26%

We recently installed Yahoo messenger and suddenly the Library folder isn't showing any folders/files under the Administrator account. When I go to create a new Library it reads the following error message: "Unable to create the new file 'New Library.library-ms' File System Error: (16389)."

Not only is the library no longer accessible, but I cannot access any of the Music, Pictures or Documents from the Start Menu.

I am only able to access the folders using the search bar by selecting "User Name" from the drop down box, then suddenly everything's there. It will not allow me to drag/drop anything into the Library folder or even create a new one.

What's going on here?

A:unable to access/create Library

One of these tow links may help:

Lost Libraries

Libraries - Restore Default

Are you trying to access the Libraries from a standard user account or an admin account? If standard user, try accessing from an admin account to see if you are able to gain access.

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143151-unable-access-create-library.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My Documents Music Pictures and Videos folder all have been replaced with x library-ms names I have tried looking on the internet and right clicking Libraries than clicking Restore default libraries but that does not work I have tried Libraryfix Win zip file from TheOutcaste and Click Start type cmd when cmd exe appears in the list right click it and click Run as administrator Type the following and press Enter regsvr i systemroot system shell dll You should get a popup with this message DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in C Windows system shell dll succeeded C Windows may be different on your system depending on the Drive and folder name Windows is installed on Nothing has worked so I tried Save Library-MS Access Libraries Cannot Problem it on the desktop as Query cmd Be sure to change the Save as Type box to All Files when saving and followed all the directions this is what the Query txt said the following What do I do next I really need help seems like several people have been helped Please help me Thank you Dianne Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes library-ms Default REG SZ LibraryFolder Content Type REG Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem SZ application windows-library xml HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes library-ms ShellNew Handler REG SZ c ca - f - c c- b -c NullFile REG SZ IconPath REG EXPAND SZ SystemRoot System imageres dll - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes library-ms ShellNew Config IsFolder REG SZ IsOptIn REG SZ NoEmptyFile REG SZ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f Default REG SZ Library Folder HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f Implemented Categories HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f Implemented Categories - - -C - Default REG SZ Browsable Shell Extension HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f InProcServer Default REG EXPAND SZ SystemRoot system shell dll ThreadingModel REG SZ Both HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f ShellFolder Attributes REG DWORD xf HasNavigationEnum REG SZ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f ShellNew Handler REG SZ c ca - f - c c- b -c HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID a a a- - a f- e-afa b f ShellNew Config IsFolder REG SZ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder Default REG SZ Library Folder NeverShowExt REG SZ NoOpenWith REG SZ IncludeShare REG SZ IncludeSync REG SZ CanRecursivelySearch REG SZ NoPreviousVersions REG SZ FriendlyTypeName REG SZ shell dll - EditFlags REG DWORD x DefaultDropEffect REG DWORD x TileInfo REG SZ prop System ItemTypeText ExtendedTileInfo REG SZ prop System ItemTypeText InfoTip REG SZ prop System ItemTypeText System DateModified PreviewDetails REG SZ prop System DateModified System SharedWith FullDetails REG SZ prop System ItemNameDisplay System ItemTypeText System DateModified System SharedWith NoJumpListPathTooltip REG SZ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder background HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder background shellex HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder background shellex ContextMenuHandlers HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder background shellex ContextMenuHandlers New Default REG SZ D A -E FF- d -A B- A C F HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder background shellex ContextMenuHandlers Sharing Default REG SZ f e - ea - ce-a ff- aa ca f HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder CLSID Default REG SZ a a a- - a f- e-afa b f HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder DefaultIcon Default REG SZ SystemRoot System imageres dll - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder shellex HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder shellex ContextMenuHandlers HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes LibraryFolder shellex ContextMenuHandlers LibraryFolder Default REG SZ af ede-aebf- ed-a c -cf a b HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes Li... Read more

A:Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem

Hi, and welcome to the forums and thank you for your detailed post, probably better if you posted your problem and asked about the possible fixes. I know this is difficult, you want your problem solved and this appears to be the way to go, so no fault on your behalf,(or for that matter what outcaste posted). It is most likely that if windows updates are current then the problem was not .assoc rather a problem with your user account.

Now though we have to restore the default registry entries ( missing the HKCU )

Posted here in full (code box) so you can see the difference, copy and paste all below into notepad then select "save as" call it Library.reg and save to desktop, locate the saved file and double click allow to be added to registry Restart your computer, Try your library's now, if no good create a new user account as admin and try library's there. Let us know how you get on Do not delete your old account just let us know what happens the reg fix may be all that's needed.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.library-ms]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.library-ms]
@="LibraryFolder"
"Content Type"="application/windows-library+xml"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.library-ms\ShellNew]
"Handler"="{c7ca6167-2f46-4c4c-98b2-c92591368971}"
"NullFile"=""
"IconPath"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,69,\
00,6d,00,61,00,67,00,65,00,72,00,65,00,73,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,\
2d,00,31,00,30,00,30,00,31,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.library-ms\ShellNew\Config]
"IsFolder"=""
"IsOptIn"=""
"NoEmptyFile"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder]
@="Library Folder"
"NeverShowExt"=""
"NoOpenWith"=""
"IncludeShare"=""
"IncludeSync"=""
"CanRecursivelySearch"=""
"NoPreviousVersions"=""
"FriendlyTypeName"="@shell32.dll,-34560"
"EditFlags"=dword:00100000
"DefaultDropEffect"=dword:00000004
"TileInfo"="prop:System.ItemTypeText"
"ExtendedTileInfo"="prop:System.ItemTypeText"
"InfoTip"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.DateModified"
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.DateModified;*System.SharedWith"
"FullDetails"="prop:System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemTypeText;System.DateModified;*System.SharedWith"
"NoJumpListPathTooltip"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New]
@="{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing]
@="{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\DefaultIcon]
@="%SystemRoot%\\System32\\imageres.dll,-8"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\LibraryFolder]
@="{0af96ede-aebf-41ed-a1c8-cf7a685505b6}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\IconHandler]
@="{14074e0b-7216-4862-96e6-53cada442a56}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\LibraryDescriptionHandler]
@="{fe5afcf2-e681-4ada-9703-ef39b8ecb9bf}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{66275315-bfa5-451b-88b6-e56ebc8d9b58}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LibraryFolder\shellex\... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-libraries-library-ms-problem-659593.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have to put my 2003 database from an XP machine to Vista Home. I keeping getting the error of missing DAO 2.5/3.5 compatibility library missing. Microsoft no longer has it to downloading. Does anhyone know where I can find it.

Thanks

steve

http://www.vistax64.com/software/229798-access-2003-compatibility-library.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have one file that does not show up in the Documents Library. When I am using my notebook and look at the Documents Library, I can see all the files stored in Documents on my Desktop, which is where the files actually reside. There is one specific file thay does not show up. However I can see that file if I navigate to Users/UserName/Documents. Any ideas? I checked to make sure that file didn't have any permissions restrictions.

TIA

A:One file not in Documents Library

Quote: Originally Posted by sobershea

I have one file that does not show up in the Documents Library. When I am using my notebook and look at the Documents Library, I can see all the files stored in Documents on my Desktop, which is where the files actually reside. There is one specific file thay does not show up. However I can see that file if I navigate to Users/UserName/Documents. Any ideas? I checked to make sure that file didn't have any permissions restrictions.

TIA

Hi

Is there something special about the file or folder? what is its name and where is it located?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39945-one-file-not-documents-library.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey everyone. I'm trying to get PHP (4.3.4, not the beta version) to work with PWS on Win98 SE. However, whenever I try putting the "<?phpinfo();?>" tag into the document and test, I get the message:

One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.Click to expand...

I have reinstalled PHP but still it doesn't work. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:PHP and PWS - Library File Missing

Doesn't it give you a path where it looked for it when it generated the error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/php-and-pws-library-file-missing.194620/
Relevancy 78.26%

It sounds simple done it in xp library with file creating many times I created a library called Temp and it appears to demand creating a folder I created creating library with file a folder in another Library and proceeded to drag and drop this empty folder to the new Library called Temp It did not work as there was no apparent change I tried copy and paste with no effect I next tried to copy an existing file into the Library Temp and now had two identical folders and files in two different Libraries Deleting one creating library with file folder and file combination deleted both That was a puzzle Finally I created another Library called New and it some how assigned a folder to this newly created library a folder I had used previously on the very first created Library with no input from me I apologize for what seems a randomly confused set of events I got lost trying to explain the events In short could you provide a link to educate me on creating libraries as I could not duplicate a chronologically series of operations to accomplish creating a new library with no duplication of folders in another library I think I'll go back to XP Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-library-with-file-670672.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, this happened overnight and I have no clue why. My Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder all have been replaced with x.library-ms names. I have tried looking on the internet and right clicking Libraries than clicking Restore default libraries but that does not work. Also I have tried error-checking the drive / registry cleaners (CCleaner) but no success.

If anyone can provide any or suggestions please do, this is extremely annoying.

My build is:

HD: 1 TB WDC
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX280 (SLI)
MB: Asus Striker II Extreme
SOUND: SupremeFX II
PS: Antec TPQ 1000W
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q9550 ( OC'd to 3.5ghz )
MEM: 4x 1 GB Kingston 1333mhz

Here is a picture of exactly what is happening:

`

A:[SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem

I also have this problem, has anyone idea how to resolve this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cannot-access-libraries-library-ms-problem-458618.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi this happened about a week ago after running the most recent Windows updates and after running Access Cannot Library-MS Problem Libraries [SOLVED] Avira System Speed Up not sure which one was the issue I think it was the latter [SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem My Documents Music Pictures and Videos folder all have been replaced with xxxxx library-ms names I have tried looking on the internet and deleting the libraries then right clicking Libraries and clicking Restore default libraries but [SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem that does not work Also I have tried restoring what was quot cleaned up quot from the Avira System Speed Up I saw a SOLVED posting for the same issue but it was for Windows but I'm not sure if it would help my issue or make it worse It seems like I have some missing registry info the only reason i noticed that i had this issue is because the Photos App wasn't working that is what i really need fixed If anyone can provide any or suggestions please do

A:[SOLVED] Cannot Access Libraries Library-MS Problem

We do not suggest using any Registry Cleaners/Optimizers or Speed Up tools, this type of software usually causes more problems then they solve.
First try a System Restore to a time before you ran Avira. If that fails, Look at Avira's software and see if there is an Undo option. If that fails,
Go to Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-cannot-access-libraries-library-ms-problem-948154.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I do not want to use the libraries if I go to start and click documents,pictures, etc to go to my user folder quivalent of them. is there a way to change it? I don't care if they are in explorer I just don't want them when I click my user folder links. This really makes me want to go back to vista and is the one feature that is really causing me to not give 7 a chance. all the other little stuff i don't like i can get used to but not this.

A:Disabling Library Access from Start menu

Start Menu Properties
Do not show Pix, Docs, Music etc.

User folders
Show as menu

A possible alternative.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22050-disabling-library-access-start-menu.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I just created a second iTunes library by using the hold-down-SHIFT option when launching iTunes. I selected "Create Library" and named the new library, but now I can't find my original library.

iTunes Help says that it's in c:\users\USERNAME\Music, but the only library in there is the one I just created. Alternatively, I've looked in Documents and the Programs/iTunes folder.

Also, every .itl file I search for has today's date. I can't seem to find any relic of the previous/original library.

The original library has vanished. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

iTunes: 8.0.2.20

A:Finding My iTunes Library File?

Your default itunes library can be found by using google with the search term "default itunes library location."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-my-itunes-library-file.793452/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am working with a Sharepoint developer on creating a site. When I open the site using Sharepoint Designer, I can't access the information in the Data Source Library pane.

When I view the Data Source Library pane, I get one line that says "Current Site" with a "+" next to it but it is grayed out and cannot be clicked (can't expand it).

The developer I'm working with sees the same but it is not grayed-out and she can click it and browse the data sources.

She says she has given me full permissions and indeed when I access the site and view Site Permissions, it say "Full Control" next to my name.

Anyone got any idea of why I am unable to view the Data Source Library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharepoint-designer-cant-access-the-data-source-library.823446/
Relevancy 76.54%

First
Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? I'm a x64 - the original installed OS on the system? Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - an OEM or full retail version? OEM, (pre installed on system) - What is the age of system (hardware)? 9 Months - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) I have re installed my windows, 1 months ago (i'm forgot about it)
Now the main problem, my windows just got a bluescreen when i open Video, in library, but when i use another users. it works normally. and i think something went wrong. so i join this forum, and want to ask.
Here's the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2folder & the PERFMON HTML file Attachment 219107

Anyway thank if you want to help me.

A:BSOD, when open file in video (library)

Device Concerns:
Code:
Not Available ACPI\SMO8800\1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_04911028&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.
Please install all drivers for your system. You are missing some important drivers for the devices above. The drivers should be installed from your Alienware support site.
Analysis:Your crashes primarily indicate hard disk problems. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems. It could also be due to the missing drivers referred to above. Please install the drivers for those devices prior to doing the following steps.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237976-bsod-when-open-file-video-library.html
Relevancy 76.54%

The best way to explain is with an illustration - see the attachment. How do I remove a library location name - in this case "My Pictures (273) L:\Users\M and D" - so that all I see are the folders and files in the library?

A:How to Remove Library Location Name From File Explorer?

Right click on it and select Don't show in navigation pane.

Also, Library is not a folder, it's a collection of junction points: Junction Dysfunction - TechNet Magazine Article - December 2009

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32940-how-remove-library-location-name-file-explorer.html
Relevancy 76.54%

File history seemed to be working OK. But then I added a library in Windows Explorer with my Google Drive folder. I don't have much stuff in this folder, less than 1GB. The problem is that File History is not backing up this folder in its backups.

Do I have to delete the file history backup and redo it again every time I add a library? (I haven't tried it but it'd be a nuisance wouldn't it?).
Thanks!

A:File History not backing up added library

Can't help with file history.
But, I would suggest using the Standard version of Macrium Reflect to image your system.

It works good since it supports a boot menu option.

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53857-file-history-not-backing-up-added-library.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I made the mistake of letting iTunes organize my file library, now all my albums that own and have ripped to my hard drive are in different folders now seperated by artist name, this is including the mixed artist compilation albums. This makes browsing through my files difficult. Yes I know about the Compilation option in iTunes but this is not a good substitute because the different volumes I have of my compilation albums and multiple disc. Is there a better way to get my old folder structure back? (Artist Who Mixed the album\Album Name\Album Name + Number Of Disc) Any tools out there that anyone knows of? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im hoping there is a program out there that can utilize the id3 tags.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multimedia-file-library-structure-destroyed.438123/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone I am having a problem when I go into IE to check my msn hotmail a message comes up and freezes about every 30 secs. (one of the library files needed to run this application can not be found UNICOWS.DLL) I was told that my Primary master hard drive disk Smart status bad. Well this is where I am stuck I tried to load unicows but no luck, I dont know what to do please help so I can check my 5000.00 messages.Thank you so much for your time.oh my system is a 98/me if that matters.

A:ie Library file needed (UNICOWS.DLL)missing 98/me

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Go to start and click run. type in "%programfiles%\MSN Messenger" right click on msnmsgr and click properties. Click on the compatibility tab and make sure everything is unchecked.

If that doesnt work uninstall MSN Messenger and reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-library-file-needed-unicows-dll-missing-98-me-92763.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have tried multiple times but there is a single mp file that shows in my Media Player library that no longer exists deleted from my hard drive that will not delete I have tried deleting my entire library and it is the only one that remains I right-click and select delete When it gives the option to choose from the library only or from my computer is doesn t matter nothing happens If I try playing the file I get from Media in library file Player Delete the error with the red exclamation point Going in to the error details and deleting that way doesn t work either Additional things I have tried Backleveling to Media Player which Delete file from library in Media Player doesn t show the rogue file but has issues with my new mp player I don t see the bad file in the library but when I upgrade again to WMP it s there I ve also tried creating a new file w the same file name path and deleting that through Media Player Hasn t worked either Does anyone know of a way to manually go in and remove this from the library It s not the end of the world but it s driving me crazy Thanks for all the help nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

I am using Libraries in Windows 7 64-bit. I understand how to include folders in a given library, but is there a way to include ONLY certain files in an included folder? In other words, I want some of the files in the actual folder to appear in the library, and other files in the folder to NOT appear.

A:[SOLVED] Library File Exclusion Method

There doesn't appear to be a way to only show certain files in a folder. The library will display whatever was placed there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-library-file-exclusion-method-937426.html
Relevancy 76.54%

A problem has recently cropped up on my Windows 7 machine. When I open the "Documents" library, it does not show the combined view of My Documents and Public Documents. It shows a list of files, but no folders. Not all of my files are shown, just some of them. However, the file names are correctly linked, in that if I delete one, that file is deleted. If I "open file location" from the library, the correct folder opens.

I've included screen captures of the Documents, My Documents, and Public Documents libraries. You'll notice that I have a second hard drive (F where all of my documents are stored.

What happened? How do I fix this?

A:Incorrect File Names in Documents Library

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Right click the Libraries listing on the left column and click on Restore default libraries,
See what that does,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346844-incorrect-file-names-documents-library.html
Relevancy 75.68%

receive message to download Library localzer. but don know how computer runs slow and keyboard response slow

A:Library localizer file missing (Windows Vista)

localizer.dll is not installed with Windows Vista. It's installed with one of these third-party applications from Auslogics: Auslogics BoostSpeed, Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional and Auslogics Registry CleanerI suggest you uninstall any of the above. They could account for your computer running slower than it should. You do not need any of them because Windows has all those tasks built in already, except for a registry cleaner which is uneccessary and unsafe.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/library-localizer-file-missing-windows-vista/13428.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently purchased a used Netgear NIC for my wireless network and tried to install it today. After loading the installation disk, turning off the PC and inserting the card I reconnected the power cord and rebooted the computer. The instructions said that after a short delay the Found New Hardware wizard would appear and the software could be installed and configured. Instead I got the message:

The procedure entry point [email protected]@@[email protected] could not be located in the dynamic link library athcfg11.dll
Whaaaaaa?

I have a very rudimentary idea of what the dynamic link library is but no idea at all what the message really means or what to do about it. Where would I get this file and how would I install it in the dynamic link library?

A:NIC won't install - missing file in dynamic link library

It is probably present. It may exist in the wrong version. Search and see if it is there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-wont-install-missing-file-in-dynamic-link-library.657393/
Relevancy 75.68%

I've had File refuses in a the History include library backup to File History set up for the past few months on my desktop Problem is this entire time one of File History refuses to include a library in the backup the libraries I had set up solely for backup was never actually included in the backup I think I've figured out what is happening but if I'm right it means that Microsoft has taken out a fundamental feature that worked with Windows style backups I want to verify that this is the case and see if there are any workarounds other than using Windows style backups I like the -minute backup frequency The folder I wanted to include was a sub-folder of the Desktop Except for this one folder my desktop's contents changes daily with random documents that shouldn't be backed up I just want to include this one folder Using Windows backup you would be able to exclude the top level folder Desktop and include just that sub-folder That way regardless of what folders files are created modified on the Desktop the backup will only ever backup that one sub-folder Apparently this is impossible with File History If I exclude the desktop File History IGNORES any sub-folders of the desktop In other words every time I create new files folders on the desktop that will stay there for a few months but that shouldn't be backed up I need to go back in to the settings to exclude those new folders Is there any way around this

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/47415-file-history-refuses-include-library-backup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So what I'm trying to do is include a networked folder in my File History backup. I used mklink /d "LINK" "TARGET" to create a directory symbolic link on my computer to the computer with the desired folder. All was successful but when I try to backup the Library in File History, it just skips right over it. Do the files have to physically be on the hard drive to be backed up with File History or does a pointer to another computer's folder not work?

A:How to include networked library folder in File History.

That is correct that it does not touch Libraries. It is only used to back up immediate user settings. If you wish to backup files, you need to get a NAS and use a backup program to do that.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61835-how-include-networked-library-folder-file-history.html
Relevancy 75.25%

So I have this problem that has been bugging me for months I use the public library often I have constantly. wifi access Any Public library limited becomes Solved: workaround? an Acer Aspire One Netbook and it works great of the time except in this specific library Solved: Public library wifi becomes limited access constantly. Any workaround? The Solved: Public library wifi becomes limited access constantly. Any workaround? wifi just will not stay connected It stays connected in almost all other public and private places but not this library Now it is a big library and I m using the standard Windows wifi software so the library wifi only shows up as a single entry in the list of available wifi networks However when using inSSIDer I can see that there are SSID s with a mix of channels and The wifi is all open with no password My feeling is that it possibly keeps switching to whatever signal is the closest but I m not sure All I know is that it sporadically will go to limited connection and I have to manually disconnect and reconnect in order for it to work again I can wait it out but that takes longer Is there any way to have me stay connected to a specific SSDI or channel Are there more optimized wifi software I can use besides the stock Windows software What would be causing it do go to limited connection every minutes Also the connection is great bars usually and it doesn t physically disconnect it just becomes limited and then there is no use Any other ideas Thanks EDIT Added inSSIDer pic Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Mimic Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Public library wifi becomes limited access constantly. Any workaround?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-public-library-wifi-becomes-limited-access-constantly-any-workaround.1137225/
Relevancy 74.82%

This has stumped me so good I actually signed up to a forum Hey guys Long story short quot Show Libraries quot refuses to work in File Explorer I've done this And it doesn't do anything It doesn't even leave a check or anything I've done this And while it leaves a check showing it's quot working quot It still isn't showing my libraries I've also done this It checks I hit apply ok File 8.1 pane broken view library Windows Explorer to close the box and nope If I re-open the folder options again the box is unchecked The only way in File Explorer I can get it to show my libraries is use quot Show All Folders quot Which I don't want to do The strangest part is In the OPEN Dialog the dialog that opens if you want to browse Windows 8.1 File Explorer pane broken library view files to upload to say imgur It works as it should I've done a sfc scannow and it comes out clean I have no idea how File Explorer got so corrupt Windows updates are all current etc

A:Windows 8.1 File Explorer pane broken library view

Hello Styckx, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Using Option Four in the tutorial below to add Libraries to the navigation pane may be able to sort this for you.

Libraries - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane in Windows 8 Explorer

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49160-windows-8-1-file-explorer-pane-broken-library-view.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I hope someone can help me on this...

Windows Media Player slidebar is not working when I play some .avi files from library, so I cannot forward or rewind a movie. It works only if I execute the .avi file by clicking on it in my videos folder at windows explorer...

is there a way to fix it? I am using k-lite mega codec pack 4.1.4.

Edit: If I delete the file from library and drag & drop it again to the library, the seek bar works! Its a fix, but it is still anoyng... every movie file I download I have to do this to work ok in the library??

Edit 2: This "fix" does not work with all files...

http://www.vistax64.com/software/174027-wmp11-slidebar-not-working-when-playing-video-file-through-library.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys I have just joined to the forum which is going very well recently I need some advice with this problem an annoying red pop-up appears every time when i m using any kind of log HijackThis error with microsoft library debug c++ file visual program which requires internet connection it says something like microsoft visual c debug library Many other people needed help for this too and the best i could do was to upload my own HijackThis log file Can anyone help me please The last time the pop-up appeared and the internet explorer shut down was while i was booking a flight ticket it took me and a hour long call to the wizzair Here s my log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Szervizcsomag WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss microsoft visual c++ debug library error with HijackThis log file exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrUI exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS microsoft visual c++ debug library error with HijackThis log file system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Packard Bell Data Secure PBDataSecure exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL microsoft visual c++ debug library error with HijackThis log file KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co hu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hivatkoz sok O - BHO Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core sm... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-visual-c-debug-library-error-with-hijackthis-log-file.903670/
Relevancy 74.82%

I want to know what file stores a File's Tags (Data Library Dictionary) i.e. that suggested words/phrases separated by ; are displayed

So I can edit/remove keywords/phrases that I do not wish listed/used/suggested that may be spelled incorrectly or there are too many variances of the same/similar phrase/word, thank you, Doc

A:File Properties Editing Tags Library of Words/Suggestions

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm wondering whether there's only two people in the world who want to organise their tags.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/225234-file-properties-editing-tags-library-words-suggestions.html
Relevancy 74.82%

File Explorer usually (not always but most of the time) became not responding for 30-60 seconds when creating new folder or renaming a folder within a library. During it hang, opening another File Explorer and browse to the same folder will see the folder is not created or renamed yet. After 30-60 seconds, the folder is created or renamed without any error.

The issue only happen within a library. If i create or rename folder within the same folder under direct path (e.g. D:\Music\) then there is no hang issue. However, if i access the same folder under library (i.e. Library > Music) then it usually hang.

Tried with other existing Library or create new Library and all had same issue as long as it is within library. Also tried with different hard drive and it was not hard drive specific issue.

Any idea?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401455-file-explorer-hang-when-create-rename-folder-within-library.html
Relevancy 73.96%

In Windows 7 the folder structure allows you to make "Other Libraries" under the "Library" folder structure. But these other Libraries that you make under the "Libray" folder structure do NOT appear in Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7?

There is a category labeled "Other Libraries" in Windows Media Player but it only seems to list other media programs like my Rhapsody account when I am playing it. Otherwise nothing appears under the Media Player Library category "Other Libraries".

Is there a way to make Windows Media Libraries other than the basic ones of Music, Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV and Other Media and to get them to appear in Windows Media Player? - To get them to appear under "Other Libraries" in Windows Media Player?

Anyone know how this can be done? Thanks.

John

A:In Windows 7 can Windows Media Player recognize "Other Libraires" that you make under "Library" folders?

Not sure what you're asking ... what other type of file/folder do you want to open with WMP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317192/in-windows-7-can-windows-media-player-recognize-other-libraires-that-you-make-under-library-folders/
Relevancy 73.96%

I ve had itunes for several years now but just recently i ve experienced a major problem About weeks ago it all began At random points in the day when I m just or Library Malware file other (-1450) virus? error possible unknown Itunes doing my regular computer business and listening to some songs in itunes a message pops up in itunes stating quot The itunes Library file cannot be saved An unknown error occured - quot This error causes you to lose a random number of songs from you Itunes Library file unknown error (-1450) possible Malware or other virus? library but thankfully they remain on the hardrive After the message appears i have no choice really but to close itunes because after I click ok to the unknown error message it just keeps staying basically so I have to exit I click to open itunes again and a Itunes Library file unknown error (-1450) possible Malware or other virus? box appears stating something along the lines of quot importing itunes library xml quot with a green loading bar at the bottom of the message After it s done it states the following quot The file itunes Library does not appear to be a valid itunes library file Itunes has attempted to recover you itunes library and renamed this file to quot itunes Library Damaged itl quot After I click itunes a second time the actual program opens and usually more than or of my library is gone Just randomly picked songs remain and I have songs as a whole This message appears at random points in the day has popped up about times over the course of weeks I ve tried a couple suggestions from someone on the itunes discussion forums and actual itunes phone support Phone support told me just to uninstall itunes and reinstall it and that should prevent the error message from appearing It didn t On the Itunes disscusion forum I had what seemed to me be a very knowledgable user say to me that many people have had this same problem It s caused when anti-virus software scans the itunes folders Exclude itunes from being scanned and that should do it So I completely erased itunes from my system again and reinstalled it about a week later when came out Right away after it was installed I went to both of my anti-virus scanners Norton and SuperAntiSpyware and excluded what I m pretty sure was all the existing itunes folders That is what seemed to fix it because itunes was working flawlessely for days straight then yesterday it just randomly happened again I was just completely devastated all over again I am running out of ideas Back to the rd bolded messge in my post When I go to the quot My Music quot folder and go to the itunes folder there is the folder Damaged itl After this message keeps appearing and you go through the same process the quot Damaged quot folders become numbered Example Itunes Library Damaged itl itl itl and so on I usually can have itunes running for a couple days without out the error message popping up but not any longer than that and then it just rerases my songs all over again I am just at my wits end It is horrible ordeal and I don t know what to do next If you have more questions don t hesitate to ask That s the main deal with my problem though Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc ... Read more

A:Itunes Library file unknown error (-1450) possible Malware or other virus?

any new ideas please, i am very desperate!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-file-unknown-error-1450-possible-malware-or-other-virus.650775/
Relevancy 73.53%

HELP!! I got tired of all the clutter in the "Documents" section of the Libraries. I created a new Library for my client files. I included a folder and many sub-folders from deep within the Documents library. It is working properly, the files and folders are now available in the new Library.

GREAT, BUT!!! Now every file (even I.E. favorites) that was in the Documents library is listed removed from their folders. This is over 13,000 files! In the "Documents" Library there is still "My Documents" file (I came from XP), and the files and folders are properly displayed there.

How do I get the Documents file to not show me every file I have removed from their folders?

A:Files in "Documents" Library removed from folders

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Where did all this "clutter" come from. Are they files that you transferred from another PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/148931-files-documents-library-removed-folders.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all I am trying to write a batch file that will rebuild the Windows Media Player my Why Player Rebuild batch Media Windows Library - file wont work? library automatically but I'm a little confused perhaps someone can enlighten me I wrote the following based on this How-To Rebuild Your Windows Media Player Library Code ECHO Rebuild Windows Media Player Library - Why wont my batch file work? On echo msgbox quot Warning this will close Windows Media Player quot quot Warning quot gt gt popup vbs WScript exe popup vbs del popup vbs sc stop WMPNetworkSvc TASKKILL IM wmplayer exe F TASKKILL IM wmpnetwk exe F set WMPDIR USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Media Player mkdir WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup del F Q WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb del F Q WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb echo msgbox quot Windows Media Player Library Rebuilt quot quot Process Completed quot gt gt popup vbs WScript exe popup vbs del popup vbs sc start WMPNetworkSvc start PROGRAMFILES Windows Media Player wmplayer exe start PROGRAMFILES Windows Media Player Rebuild Windows Media Player Library - Why wont my batch file work? wmpnetwk exe And as you can see my batch file does in theory exactly what that tutorial suggests but it does not work When I run it it it all seems to work apart from this part Code mkdir WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup del F Q WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb del F Q WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb The directory is not made and no files are copied or deleted can someone explain what I'm doing wrong please Thanks Tom

A:Rebuild Windows Media Player Library - Why wont my batch file work?

Originally Posted by tom982

set WMPDIR=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player

Hi,

You need to enclose the: -

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player in "" (Quotes) for it to work. OK?

Code:
set WMPDIR="%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player"

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292246-rebuild-windows-media-player-library-why-wont-my-batch-file-work.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey, i have a HP Pavilion DV 9000. I use windows vista. i also use Norton 360 for anti virus protection. i was using a new scan to check for viruses because i thought my norton was not working well. i was using Stop Sign. i found a couple of problems. i want to know what that is or how to fix it. also want to find a new anti virus program to put on here that covers all spam,adware,malware, and viruses?

A:File c:\swsetup\sp36082\hp active support library.msi:stream002:adddata.cab:defrag.js

i suggest tht for spams u can download the addon pack for n360 it will take care of it100%.this is a free utility which dsnt get installed with n360 but has to be installed manually..
open ur n360 window ..across the top click on Tasks and Settings and look for an option to install the Add on pack..simply follow the steps and install it...

i would also recommend u to download and install the Ad-Aware SE Personal for adaware /spyware issues.. so u can have both N360 as well as Ad-Aware SE Personal which is a free program that u can download and install on ur computer..u will have to search it on google..if it has Vista compatible version launched since it was going to get launched in August

in case u r going to install a complet suite like one that will have all security features similar to n360 and more, i would recommend that u dont download and install anyother security software on ur computer in the existance of N360 ..that means if u r doing so u first uninstall it using the norton removal tool
www.symantec.com/nrt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-c-swsetup-sp36082-hp-active-support-library-msi-stream002-adddata-cab-defrag-js.606703/
Relevancy 71.81%

After the first time Windows 8.1's video library offers to pick folders, then it doesn't anymore. Why?
How do I add more folders to it?

Thx in advance!

A:How do I open more video folders in my video library?

Right click on an empty space in the opened Video window, new then click Folder.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43279-how-do-i-open-more-video-folders-my-video-library.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi. I have a large collection of photos which are stored in my pictures library. I have found they also appear in my videos library. I am sure I have never copied them across. The 2 libraries seem to be identical.

Any ideas what might have happened ?

K

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401833-pictures-pictures-library-video-library.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a PC and a laptop both Win Pro bit I can in laptop Homegroup, Solved: Laptop access files through but PC can't shared library create homegroup from both PC and laptop and can be successfully connected and the laptop can always access to the PC shared libraries regardless of whether the PC or laptop creates the homegroup HOWEVER the PC always cannot access to the laptop s shared libraries The printer is connected to the PC through USB and the laptop can used the printer through homegroup to print regardless whether PC or laptop creates the homegroup I used kaspersky internet security for both laptop and PC and with Windows firewall enabled I tried to disable Windows firewall on both PC and laptop then try to access the laptop shared libraries but to no success I have read some threads but not so similar to my issue PLEASE HELP ME in this issue I tried ping to the laptop s IP address or name but it comes with the following Microsoft Windows Version Solved: PC can't access shared library files in Laptop through Homegroup, but laptop Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users user gt My NBTSTAT -n and ipconfig all are as followed generated from the PC Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- DARRENGCG lt gt UNIQUE Solved: PC can't access shared library files in Laptop through Homegroup, but laptop Registered DARRENGCG lt gt UNIQUE Registered DGMGOH lt gt GROUP Registered DGMGOH lt E gt GROUP Registered Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DarrenGCG Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad ff b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- - - C-F - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e c f ddb Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe e c f ddb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users user gt nbsp

A:Solved: PC can't access shared library files in Laptop through Homegroup, but laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-cant-access-shared-library-files-in-laptop-through-homegroup-but-laptop.908578/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys,

I've experienced a problem with my particular iTunes program in Windows 7. Whenever the iTunes program was running, it gives me an error stating in the form of a dialog(ue) box:

"The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access priviges for this operation."

At first, I thought there was a virus that could have altered some files, but I've found out that my trusty 'ol AVG antivirus (free version 2012) that was doing a routine antivirus scan and that would have led into that error.

However, when I stopped the Antivirus scan - the error has simply gone away....

I was wondering how can I prevent this particular problem from re-occurring?

A:Windows 7: iTunes states that a "library file cannot be saved - insufficient rights"

it is scanning your library for nasties If you want to take a chance and if you are sure there will never be a nasty from something you may have downloaded and added to the library, you can exclude folders by using the "Scan specific files or folders" scan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-itunes-states-that-a-library-file-cannot-be-saved-insufficient-rights-649548.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm still a little unclear on exactly how I managed to accomplish this feat Just did a clean install of Pro and was relocating my User lt directory gt s to their respective drives as I have done numerous times with I had just pointed Music 2nd now is library a "Music" library "Download" to the drive where my GB collection resides My next "Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library quot move quot was with Downloads As I started the process I remember seeing an extra message about moving all the files to the new location It was going on am so I just accepted it Next thing I knew I had two quot Music quot directories One has the usual blue musical note while the other has a blue downward pointing arrow most often reserved for Downloads However if I delete a file in one it is deleted in both directories Quite depressing all in all My attempts to restore it to its original state have failed I have seen several similar posts at this and other forum s but none are exactly like what I have done I don't know if I could try running a repair or if I'm either just going to have to live with this or reinstall the whole shooting match So I'm hoping someone can help me un-fubar my directory Thanks MD

A:"Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library

User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums I've done a similar error in the past. I just restored the default locations, and unchecked the box asking to move the files. Then cleaned up the folder contents, and moved them again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60886-download-library-now-2nd-music-library.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi-- whenever I try to open one of my libraries documents pictures videos or pictures I receive this message quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in associated" Library not does "File have a program the Default Programs control panel quot All the default programs seem to be correct Library "File does not have a program associated" for example for all doc Library "File does not have a program associated" files the default program is Microsoft Word If I click on the menu on the left side of the Libraries panel then the library will open up I searched through the help forums and I have attempted every fix I could find Sorry that this post is so long but I figured it made sense to let you know all that I have tried If there is something else that I haven't tried could you please let me know Thanks Here's what I've already done to try to fix the problem Registry Booster ------------------------------------- And Merging library-ms - Library folder lnk - Shortcut link LNK files this way To Fix Using a REG File Download Click on the Download button below to download the file below Fix Manage Error reg IMG file C Users Dennise AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image gif IMG Click on Save and save the reg file to the desktop Right click the downloaded reg file on the Desktop and click on Merge Click on Run Yes Yes and OK when prompted When done you can delete the downloaded reg file if you would like to IMG file C Users Dennise AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image gif IMG Tip If your still get an error afterwards then download and merge the lnk LNK option in the tutorial below to restore all of the default association for shortcuts lnk and try again ----------------------------------------- I tried this Open the Start Menu and type regedit in the search box and press enter If prompted by UAC then click on Yes if administrator or enter the administrator's password if standard user In regedit navigate to the location below HKEY CLASSES ROOT lnkfile In the right pane of inkfile right click on a empty space and click on New and String Value see screenshot below ----------------------------------------- and this Download ShellExView from nirsoft net and run it It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions Once the scan is over and the list is displayed you need to spot the context menu handlers Sort the results using quot Type quot so that the context menu handlers are displayed together The rule is to disable non-Microsoft context menu handlers one-by-one and verify if the problem is solved If disabling one does not solve the problem undo the disabled item and disable the next non-Microsoft handler Do the same until the problem is solved and finally identify the culprit Scroll right to see the Company Name column in ShellExView ------------------------------------------ and this Restore Default Windows File Extension Type Associations Default File Type Associations - Restore Change which programs Windows uses by default Change which programs Windows uses by default -----------------------------------------

A:Library "File does not have a program associated"

.library-ms is not considered a normal file extension thus won't be seen in your association list or by any application (properly).

Have you tried right-clicking "Libraries" in the left-hand window page and choosing "restore default libraries"?

Run "sfc /scannow" in an admin-level command prompt, just for kicks and to be safe.

Also, give the attached reg fix a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138710-library-file-does-not-have-program-associated.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Well i have the latest version of itunes installed....problem is under File column there is option of "add file to library" n add folder to library.....
I have Folders with Huge no. of files...even after pressing select or ctrl...im not able to add more than 4 files at a time.....from a folder
Is there any way i could add as many no. of files from a folder in one go!!!!

Relevancy 62.78%
Q: Library

Hello,

Someone was on my laptop today, and I noticed they had a window opened called Library. It looked like a list of files or something. I would like to know what this is, just to make sure nothing related to the operating system can be corrupted by using this program. Also, how can I access it myself? Thank you.

I am using Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5920.

A:Library

HiI noticed they had a window opened called Library. It looked like a list of files or something.There's no program in Vista called Library unless of course you have installed one.There is however a program in Windows to view files and folders. The program is called Windows Explorer.Follow this link to see how to use this program. http://tutorials.beginners.co.uk/using-windows-explorer.htmI would like to know what this is, just to make sure nothing related to the operating system can be corrupted by using this program.It is possible to delete files and folders using Windows Explorer. If you are already aware of Windows Explorer and it is not the program you saw then please try to supply further info about this mystery program which will help in its identification.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211392/library/
Relevancy 62.78%

I don't want the library there on my desktop. I don't want it there anywhere. I like all my folders laid out in plain sight on the desktop, not shelved on some library shelf.

Thanks.

A:How to get rid of the library?

Hello Kahill, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Libraries let you access and arrange items from one or more folders quickly without moving them from their original location. Libraries themselves don't store your files or folders. Instead, they point to different locations on a hard disk or external drive attached to your computer. This gives you easy access to a category of files no matter where they are stored. For instance, if you have music files on your hard disk and on an external drive, you can access all of your music files from within the "Music" library.

If you are still set on removing them, then this will help show you how to with an easy option to restore them later if you should decide to.

Libraries Desktop Icon - Add or Remove

and

Libraries Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174234-how-get-rid-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Choosing_your_programming_language

This page and others needs work from Techguy members. Please help.

Relevancy 62.78%
Q: library

a way to re-organize the libraries? I dont like the order they are in right now.

A:library

Well, you can create and delete libraries. And you can rearrange them; their layout, in the window. Be more specfic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6818-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep getting an error message (McPal.dlls). what is this file used for and how do I correct it?

What is the message? When do you get it? What OS are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/library.247644/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the best section to post it in, but its my first time posting on here...

I have never seen this happen before and I would like to know how to fix it.

When you go into your Libraries folder you will see "Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos"

When I click "Pictures" I see my pictures folder which is what I only want in there..
But I see 4 categories along with it as drop down menus.

They are "Public Pictures" "My Documents" and "Public Documents" I don't know how those even got there, but I was wondering how to get rid of them..

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Edit: Nevermind... Solved my own problem..

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

What was the solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/173177-library.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i have PHP 4.3.4 it is supposed to have the gd library installed already. is there a setting that i have to change to enable it? the books i have act as if it should work as soon as i install PHP. i installed coppermine photoalbum and it says that its not installed and i also wrote a script to draw a rectange and i do not get any output. i looked in the php.ini and i found this line

;extension=php_gd2.dll

i took out the semi colon and restarted apache and it said the module can not be found. not sure what to do. thanks in advance

A:PHP GD Library

You still need to install GD, which you can download from
http://www.boutell.com/gd/
Get the Windows ZIP Version and follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/php-gd-library.216825/