Office 2013 - Important Updates

Q: Office 2013 - Important Updates

Office 2013 - Important Updates

Manually download:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3039795

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53239-office-2013-important-updates.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2013 - Important Updates

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.84%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 80.84%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am using Office 2013 Pro & it does not show updates in the normal Windows Update section on my computer. I have to refer to any Office application, select File & then Accounts to see that I have automatic updates selected & the update number, but it does not tell me if it is the latest update, so I have to check to see that it is the latest, which it is apparently.
I would like to be able to see which Office updates are available & to install them as I do with the usual Windows Updates. Can anyone suggest a solution please.

A:How do I get Office 2013 updates to show in Windows Updates.

Just a random thought. Does your computer have the "Click-to-Run" version of Office installed? Updates for the C2R version do not appear in Windows Update or WSUS. Updates are downloaded in the background automatically (whether you want them to or not).

You can identify C2R by looking under the File tab. There will be a button that shows update options (on or off) and the version number. Another way to identify C2R is in Window's Programs & Features. With C2R, you no longer have the ability to add or delete Office applications.

How to: Verify Whether Outlook Is a Click-to-Run Application on a Computer

Of Click-to-Run and Custom Installs of Office 2013 | Office 2013 content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/304579-how-do-i-get-office-2013-updates-show-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I have uninstalled office 2010 few days ago and did a clean installation of office 2013.
But windows update is showing updates for both office 2010 and office 2013.

I have uninstalled office 2010 using Revo uninstaller so there are no traces
Am I missing something.

A:Office 2010 and Office 2013 both updates available

Hi there
Why on earth do people insist on using these 3rd party uninstaller apps for BOG STANDARD Microsoft applications --Ms OFFICE is one of the most used pieces of software on earth so installing / uninstalling it should be a breeze via STANDARD uninstall method.

Had you simply uninstalled via control panel then the entire problem would not exist.

Your 3rd party uninstaller obviously hasn't done its job properly as there is still some indication on your machine that Microsoft Update thinks you still have Office 2010 installed.

IMO 3rd party apps are better left for NON OS type applications - things like installing / uninstalling / updating software should be left to the OS itself. Very few 3rd party apps IMO should be allowed to interfere with the internal functions of the OS itself -- even AV software - but that's another issue.

My solution here would be to either restore your syste to a time before you installed the "Uninstaller" app or re-install a clean copy of windows, re-install the version of office you want and apply the updates.

Note -- when Ms updates programs it might make all sorts of registry changes "on the fly" and it's impossible for a 3rd party uninstaller to be able to handle or even find all these changes.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/293928-office-2010-office-2013-both-updates-available.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am running Office 2013 on a cleanly installd SDD that has only ever had office 2013 installed on it. Any idea why windows update is giving me Office 2007 updates, specifically

(KB947318)(KB2817330)(KB2878233)(KB2878233)

I should decline these, right?

thnx

A:Office 2007 updates when I only have Office 2013

No don't decline these updates.
Office 2013 updates in the background & does not show up in the usual Windows Updates section. I am using Office 2013 Pro & I have it set for installing updates automatically.
It would be best just to let any updates that are required to be installed. Often certain updates are incorporated to cover a few versions of Office as they earlier ones need it so they incorporate it to cover all the applicable versions, which may also include later versions.
Therefore just leave it alone as fiddling with updates often causes trouble. Also it is just a whole lot of unnecessary work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/367840-office-2007-updates-when-i-only-have-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I just uninstalled Office 2010 using the uninstaller and the Windows updater keeps installing important updates for it ~300 MB at a time. How do I stop this?

A:Windows keeps installing important updates for uninstalled Office 2010

Which uninstaller did you use? The one in control panel > programs and features or something else? If programs and features you could try using the official Microsoft Fix it tool.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

If still having issues you can try using the free 30 day trial version of Revo > forced uninstall option.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274552-windows-keeps-installing-important-updates-uninstalled-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I finally just purchased Microsoft Office 2013 and I was wanting to know if Windows Update was suppose to find updates for the program, I have tried running the Check for Updates at least 5 times since purchasing and it continues saying, no important updates available is this normal

A:Updates for Microsoft Office 2013

Techtitan100,

Click the Start Menu/Orb, click All Programs, then click Windows Update
Click Change Settings on the left side of the screen.
Under Microsoft Update make sure that this box is checked: Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows
Click OK, you will see a UAC prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/289682-updates-microsoft-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

plan to deploy office 2013 on multiple computers with windows 8.1 and would like to save the effort of updating them one by one later.
Also, I would like to save SSD space on the machines and NOT bloat the windows/installer folder with never-used update .msi-s and .msp-s.

My questions are:
1. How can I slipstream both updates and SP1 at the same time? (I tried to extract and put the entire package in the /updates folder, but only the SP1 got installed all post-sp1 updates are missed!)

2. Is there a real slipstreaming method, that applies the updates on the image not just use them at the very end of the installation procedure?

I see the SP1's huge msp (and also of the unsuccesfully "integrated" updates) is sitting in the windows/installer folder. Therefore I am really looking forward to a real integration method, where all this fallout (~2GB) doesn't show up.

A:Slipstream updates and SP1 to Office 2013

I found an integrated SP1 iso, its SHA-1 is AB2C2D525D63A72E0A2DC66EFDCEA0F824F02CFF is it authentic/undamaged?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/368780-slipstream-updates-sp1-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently installed Office 2013 ProPlus (obtained legally through my company) and yesterday, saw a popup in the System Tray telling me that updates were available.

When I clicked it, nothing appeared to happen. So, I searched using IE and found Microsoft Update and installed it.

Then, I used the option to do an in-place Repair of Office 2013 -- which worked OK and then caused the System Tray popup to appear -- again. When I clicked it, nothing appeared to happen -- again.

So, I did an Online Repair of Office 2013 -- which is misnamed because what it actually did was reinstall it from scratch. Same System Tray popup, same no changes.

So, I started Windows Update, had it check for updates, and expected it to find Office 2013 updates, but it found nothing new.

In Win7, my Office 2010 gets updated through Windows Update. I don't have to do anything special.

So, what do I have to do to get Office 2013 updates?

A:Obtaining and applying Office 2013 updates

Generally, you don't have to do anything special in Windows 8 either. Make sure Microsoft update is on (last checkbox here)

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25809-obtaining-applying-office-2013-updates.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I just downloaded and installed Office Home & Student 2013 several hours ago. A few minutes ago "Click-to-Run" ate up all my (very limited) bandwidth for 10-15 minutes. Because of my limited bandwidth I want no product automatically updating - I need to schedule such things. How do I make sure the office products do not automatically download anything?

A:How do I disable automatic updates in Office 2013?

Open one of the Office programs, such as Excel, when it opens select "File" up on the LH top of the screen, the look down the list & you will see "Accounts" select that & it will show a couple of dialogue boxes one of which is Updates. You can then disable Updates with this.
I certainly would not recommend disabling it for security reasons & keeping your Office right up to date.
I use Office 2013 Pro & I find that most automatic updates seem to occur about the middle of the month, if that is any help.
Also automatic Office updates run in the background so unless you happen to be watching your download meter, you will not be aware they have been done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/310921-how-do-i-disable-automatic-updates-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have tried a lot of diagnostic work before putting my hand up as I am not finding a path out of the bsods and miscellaneous errant behavior of this new build which works great sometimes and then falls over I can duplicate the principle faults bsods reliably but doubt my reasoning is conclusively accurate Basically whenever I install the last security updates for MS Office it will bsod within - seconds of logging in Always works in safe mode and restoring to pre-update always fixes it This was a list of before I got it down to of which I know at least directly cause a bsod and I am unsure of how complicit the others combinations are I have tried MS help and it is very slow going over there - after some hours and losing the remote connection on a restart as I needed to do a restore to sort some of their experimenting just to get proper control back Sure would appreciate some more pointed help thank you I have done a fresh install of Win after maybe a decade or more of living with an XP upgraded to Win PC based on an original QX in an Asus Maximus X board Made mistakes like not understanding junctions properly and took over some permissions I shouldn't have etc etc New build backed up new from build 2013 Office PC BSODs MS 6700K on Security Updates i7 everything in duplicate and BSODs from MS Office 2013 Security Updates on new build i7 6700K PC bit the bullet All I have been trying to do is get a fully stable machine on no overclocking and live with that for a few months before even thinking about serious tinkering The ASUS BSODs from MS Office 2013 Security Updates on new build i7 6700K PC Maximus Assembly with Gb Corsair RAM and an i K cpu was a pig to get going It needed to have no graphics cards or anything else before finally on progressive installs of the various bits it was all connected four monitors running and seemingly stable This is a serious PC for engineering applications plus I have a Rift I am yet to get out of the box for both gaming and tech applications I have in mind Attached is the bsod info and requested diagnostics Also I have run the windows diagnostics on it and attached results Separately or maybe related I keep getting big slowdowns due to dwm exe Windows Desktop Manager which after a while decides to hit me with the option to go to a high contrast color scheme which I say No and don't ask again Within a couple of hours it will ask Right now Resource Monitor shows it has about handles open and using cpu But the most bizarre one is mscorsvw exe which Google teels me is the NET Framework trying to update itself so I should run DrainNGenQueue wsf to give it a hurry up which I typically need to do twice to get the rather dramatic result shown in attached pager telling this bizarre story have you ever seen Gb RAM cycling so impressively PC Summary ASUS MAXIMUS-VIII-EXTREME-ASSEMBLY Z Express E-ATX LGA DDR Motherboard Intel Core i K Skylake Quad-Core CPU LGA Unlocked BX I K x GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GB DDR MHz C with AirFlow for Intel series CMD GX M B C Asus STRIX-GTX Ti-DC OC- Gb D ASUS Strix GTX OC GB D Samsung SSD TB EVO Samsung SSD Gb Pro BARRACUDA XT TB W quot Silverstone quot ST Power Supply Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H High-performance CPU Cooler

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396778-bsods-ms-office-2013-security-updates-new-build-i7-6700k-pc.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Is it possible to change Office 2013 Professional Plus to Office 2013 standard?If so, what are the instructions?Thanks

A:change Office 2013 Professional Plus to Office 2013 standard

If the Professional Plus is a trial then you can't legitimately downgrade it for free.Did you put your subject line in Google?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/change-office-2013-professional-plus-to-office-2013-standard/19871.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there Unless you have an ACTIVE Internet connection or other Network Mail Server connection such 2013 2013 set to --OUTLOOK connection Internet Office requires up as Exchange you will NOT be able to set up OUTLOOK Outlook requires and there is no option unlike in Outlook to disable it by unchecking a box a TEST email to be sent and working before your account s can be configured-- Once it's done you don't have to be online but if you need to set up several accounts and you don't have a working internet connection -- Tough luck Why on earth did Ms do this --it's not necessary and it is a Hassle for some people who are on the road have purchased Office and want to set it up Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up instead of having to wait Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up until they get home Also a hassle if they want to prepare company laptop computers with email parameters in advance of the new Exchange email servers being rolled out to the users Even if your work policy has mechanisms where the USER can configure the email connections themselves they won't be able to set it up until the Servers are actually in place so you can't set the accounts up in advance The box I've shown here is from Outlook In Outlook the option is filled in and greyed out so you can't change it BTW I prefer and use Office myself but was trying to help a colleague to set up Office Cheers jimbo

A:Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there
Unless you have an ACTIVE Internet connection (or other Network Mail Server connection such as Exchange) you will NOT be able to set up OUTLOOK 2013.

Outlook 2013 requires (and there is no option unlike in Outlook 2010 to disable it by unchecking a box) a TEST email to be sent and working before your account(s) can be configured-- Once it's done you don't have to be online but if you need to set up several accounts and you don't have a working internet connection -- Tough luck....

Of course you can uncheck the Test email box. It has been so in all Outlook versions, is still so in Outlook 2013.

The option is grayed out exactly as long as the NEXT button is grayed out i.e. as long as they could not be used due missing credentials, until the setup has all relevant information for an email account to work (email address, incoming and outgoing servers, username and password). When you have filled the needed credentials, both the Test box and NEXT button become visible and can be clicked / selected.

Although I could well understand that setting up an email account, which in any case needs a working connection, would require an existing connection, this is not the case with Outlook 2013. You can set your email accounts up while sitting in a pub in Brussels watching Premier League Football without Internet connection if you want to .

Screenshot from Windows 8.1 / Outlook 2013.
Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/297741-office-2013-outlook-2013-requires-internet-connection-set-up.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there Whoever designed the base colors for Office must have been totally STONE DEAF and COLOR BLIND at the same time I can't believe that comments weren't made before this stuff was allowed out of the door There's almost no possibilities to customize the backgrounds or colors and on a large monitor the base white looks really HIDEOUS -- you need a good pair of Sunglasses while working with it The Outlook 2013 (Office De-Uglify Help 2013) to only other choice is some type of Grey shown in screenshot which looks very similar to quot The Fruit Company's Window colour scheme Still looks Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) Help to De-Uglify hideous and that Blue Outlook also displays the unread message titles in the most sickly blue can't seem to change it I've ever seen Before I remove this POS from my computer is there anyway to De-Uglify or customize like I had in Office with the Black background I don't like it opening with a prompt screen before I get the base screen often needs another TWO keyboard strokes -- example for EXCEL shown -- I should be able to open it in a Window with the menus just like like Office It means I now have to make a load of extra keyboard strokes before I actually get a workbook screen to start getting my work done I don't want the sign in reminders either -- I don't intend to use Cloud services etc Cheers jimbo

A:Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) Help to De-Uglify

No there isn't a way (that I know of) to change it. It was too cumbersome and hogged my Internet Speed with Cloud and whatnot; so I went back to good ol' office 2010. Maybe you should too

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272323-outlook-2013-office-2013-help-de-uglify.html
Relevancy 62.78%

We are wanting to up-grade our current Office suite Office 2003 to either Office 2010 or Office 2013.  Our PC's are running Windows 7

I would just like to know what peoples opinions and advice is on this?

A:Up-grade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 or Office 2013

I can't speak to Office 2013, but I've done numerous upgrades to Office through 2010.  When you install the new version, you have the option to keep the old version or just replace it.  Starting with Office 2007 the familiar menu bar has been replaced with the ribbons which take a lot of getting used to for folks used to older versions.  There's a little program called UbitMenu that will add most of the menu bar functions back in the 2007 and 2010 versions that a lot of folks find helpful.  If you do opt to have two different versions installed at the same time, what happens is that when you switch from one to the other, it goes through a juggling act that takes a minute or so.  It's a bit of a pain, but if you need it, it could be a convenience.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541032/up-grade-from-office-2003-to-office-2010-or-office-2013/
Relevancy 60.2%

We have an upgrade on our computer units here in the company, my problem is when users save their 2007 excel files an error pops up, Errors were detected while saving "File Name". Microsoft maybe able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.

By the way, the files were save on the file server and users access them through single roaming profile that we created with full access on their folders.
i am hoping i could find an answer.

thank you

A:Error on saving MS Office Excel 2007 files to MS Office 2013

i have many views, but no reply... i am starting to think this forum is not helping me !...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351227-error-saving-ms-office-excel-2007-files-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

A charity is considering upgrading its workstations to Office 2013 from Office 2007.
They have lots of files in the .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xltm formats that they would need to access on a daily basis.

- Would the upgrade cause compatability problems with working with files created under these above formats?

A:Considering upgrade to Office 2013 - potential problems with Office 2007 files?

To my knowledge, they should not have any issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508309/considering-upgrade-to-office-2013-potential-problems-with-office-2007-files/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, hope someone can help me..

We have installed Office 2013 (64bit) on 13workstations, but found out that clients require Office 2010 (32bit) for some programs that are linked.

We removed the Office 2013 (64bit) and installed Office 2010 (32bit).

Everything looks okay up until we try to do Office 2010 repair process.
We are getting the attached error screen..

I tried Wiindows Installer Cleanup utility but i couldnt find any traces of Office 2013.
Pls help..
regards,
Major

A:Office 2013 (64bit) downgraded to Office 2010 (32bit)

Hi majorbaluga, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Removing Office completely can be difficult. Refer to the website below. This explains how to remove Office 2013. You may have to remove office 2010 as well & then reinstall office 2010.

https://support.office.com/en-ca/art...c-2fdf5dbf61d8

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374274-office-2013-64bit-downgraded-office-2010-32bit.html
Relevancy 59.77%

upgraded to 2013

I told it to remove 2010 and install 2013

durning the install my nvidia drivers kept stopped responding. this problem stopped after office 2013 was installed and updated.

and later I found out my vmware installation was messed up and missing files. was working before.

what the heck happpend, I dont know..........office 2010 decided to take revenge? if it was going out . it was taking everyone out with it. lol

A:office 2010 to office 2013 weird thing happend

Are you running Windows in your VMWare installation or is your WMWare installation on your Windows machine?

It sounds like (drivers aside) there were some shared filed that may have been wiped that VMWare was using that belonged to Office 2010.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23742-office-2010-office-2013-weird-thing-happend.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I plan to update Office Pro 2003 to Office 2013 with Outlook. I need some Advice on how to move all of my Outlook info in 2003 to Outlook 2013.
Thank you, Richard

Relevancy 59.77%

Any idea when Office 2013 will be available for download / upgrade?

Thanks!

A:Purchased Office 2010 w/ free upgrade to Office 2013

Hi there
it's in the Ms store already -- although IMO I'd stick to Office 2010 if I were you.
Anyway YMMV so here's the link (UK store) .

Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store - Office Suites

What you'd do to get the upgrade price I don't know but Office 2013 IS available for download. Try phoning / emailing -- actually a better option these days is to use a FAX believe it or not for this type of question. Emails tend to get lost as people have 100'000's to deal with, phone calls are diabolical --endless menu systems, loads of waiting and people on the other side of the planet who are incredibly difficult to understand.

The lowly fax machine when it chatters into life usually gets INSTANT attention these days . !!

Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19618-purchased-office-2010-w-free-upgrade-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps I can't Office 2013 not 2016 Apps Office with Standalone compatible say I wasn't warned I was part way through installing Microsoft Office on my primary workstation when I got a message Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps that said quot Stop you should wait to install Office quot The error message went on to say that if I decided to continue anyway my copy of Microsoft Visio Standard would be removed Since I had the original disk from when I purchased the software I went ahead Bad move It turns out that when Microsoft says that Visio won't work with Office it means it won't even have the chance to work Any attempt to reinstall the software will be thwarted The fact that you paid for the software is beside the point You're basically out of luck When I Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps went to the Microsoft community forums which is where Microsoft handles much of its tech support I discovered that I wasn't alone Apparently hundreds of people who'd purchased stand-alone Microsoft Office products were affected and they weren't happy about it Furthermore the problem extended far beyond Visio Users with Microsoft Project Publisher Access InfoPath and SharePoint Designer were also affected Likewise Microsoft customers who purchased Office Apps that are normally part of Office suites but may have been purchased separately such as Outlook were also affected More here Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications Office and standalone Office applications purchased separately via a retailer and not part of a suite of applications cannot be installed on the same device To resolve this issue you'll need to upgrade your standalone applications to the Office version of the products Please contact Accounts amp billing at the Microsoft Answer Desk to obtain a free upgrade for your qualifying standalone applications More here Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications - Office Support

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45110-office-2016-not-compatible-office-2013-standalone-apps.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi OS Windows Office office and sizing issues 2013 applications All - have bar title Office Version Professional Plus Every office application I Office 2013 - All office applications have sizing and title bar issues open seems to have a classic unthemed title bar and not maximise correctly When opening an office application a number of things happen The application opens behind any open windows The application when maximised appears to be open full screen with in an invisible frame Drop down lists within the application instantly close when clicked on Here are few images showing what I mean Steps taken to try to rectify the problem Reinstalled Office after having used Revo Uninstaller to remove any left over traces Rolled back to a time I don't believe the problem existed thought this may have existed from the start but never realised due to lack of use Reinstalled Graphics Card drivers Turned off any OS resizing options Tried changing the OS theme back to default Tried changing the screen resolution I should also mention that this only affects office applications and no other applications seem to have any issues like this I know I can get around the issue of it being maximised as can be seen from the screenshot The issues with dropdown boxes etc is a pain any help you guys can give would be appreciated

A:Office 2013 - All office applications have sizing and title bar issues

Have you tried an Office repair. This is how to do it with Windows 7, Open Control Panel, select Programs & Features, scroll down to Microsoft Office 2013 & Right Click on it & select Change & this will show a couple of Repair options to try. Windows 8 might be different as I haven't tried it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/356142-office-2013-all-office-applications-have-sizing-title-bar-issues.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I just installed a copy of Office on a Pc actually Win that already had Office on it I was having problems getting an Exchange logon working and for some reason upgrading to fixed the problem I am working with -bit in both cases The copy of Office 2010 of Office Office Will destroy 2013? Uninstall is working great It noted there was a copy of there and copied all the information from the essentially doing an upgrade Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013? Now I'd like to remove the copy of and I'm wondering if that will destroy as well somehow The only Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013? strange thing I Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013? noted is I initially went into Mail- in the control panel to add the exchange logon and it added it to Outlook sure now it works on grrrh so I had to go into Outlook and remove the exchange account and then add the exchange account inside of Outlook which worked just fine So I'm thinking if I uninstall Office then mail- will auto point to the version of Outlook And I'd just like to get the version off anyway But not if it's going to be a problem for Office I've looked around the Internet and didn't find anything pointing directly at this situation If leaving out there is the simplest solution I'm OK with that Thanks ahead of time

A:Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013?

I have been in the situation where I bought a new pc that had a trial version of MS Office 2010 already installed. I installed a full version of MS Office 2007 and uninstalled the MS 2010 trial version later with no problems.

This was a case where I had MS Office 2007 installed on my work computer and my company had a site license that allowed you to also install a copy at home. That's why I choose the 2007 version over the 2010 version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/55444-will-uninstall-office-2010-destroy-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

On my husbands computer we are Office office from Upgrading question 2013 to 2010 running Office pro on Windows I would like to upgrade it to Office pro But in Upgrading from Office 2010 to office 2013 question Outlook he has like folders with subfolders full of emails When i upgrade will Outlook grab all the settings folders emails and put them in correctly I know office does not go onto of office because i did it on my own computer but i do not use outlook on mine i use WLM so i do not remember what it did for outlook because i do not remember if i put an account in there after i installed it or not I did mine months ago call it a senior moment Does anyone here using Office did it as an upgrade and found all their settings folders emails calendar and everything else get transferred into outlook correctly I do have a pst backup just in case but sometimes when putting this back it messes up everything and i do not want to spend hours fixing it nor a divorce lol over this

A:Upgrading from Office 2010 to office 2013 question

Oh also, i remember i got in program and features Office 2010 and office 2013, once i knew all was well i uninstalled office 2010, but then again i do not use outlook but for only one exchange account, and everything went fine with uninstalling office 2010, i am hoping from the answer you give me above, this would be the case here to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309201-upgrading-office-2010-office-2013-question.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

A:Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

You didn't say what types of accounts they are, but mostly likely there isn't a way, unless there is a third-party tool or these are Exchange accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi guys,

well i just installed office 2010 and during install you get the option to click for the free Office 2013 download.

Office 2013 is far more interesting dan 2007 or 2010.

Jeff

A:just installed Office 2010 X64 to get Office 2013 free

You've just installed or just boght and installed?

As you can see, are 2 different things.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14261-just-installed-office-2010-x64-get-office-2013-free.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm debating whether or not I should upgrade my Office 2010 to Office 2013? What's really the big difference between the two? Is it worth the upgrade?

A:What's the difference between Office 2010 and Office 2013?

Hi ShuwanShawn, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at these websites to give you an idea of the difference between Office 2010 & Office 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7czS39WfE

What's the difference between Office 2013 and Office 2010?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/357070-whats-difference-between-office-2010-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I want to install office 2016 over office 2013. what will be the correct procedure. please note that I am also using outlook 2013.
Please suggest..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-install-office-2016-over-office-2013.1169818/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello: I brought my MS Office to my new computer a few months ago. That version was/is 2010 on a windows XP. I now have the 2013 version of MicroSoft Office it is however the 64 bit version on a machine running windows 7 Home Premium.

I am concerned about losing my data over the transition.

I received the message that it is not possible to instal the 64 bit version until the 32 bit version is removed.

I would be very grateful if someone would provide guidance on the correct order and steps to accomplish this change over. The Data is backed up. I would not like to lose the Data in the various programs.
Thank You bats

Mother Board : Gigabyte Z77
System Type : x64 based PC
Intel Core i 7 -3770 CPU @ 3.5 , currently at factory overclock 3901GHZ
American Megatrends Bios SMBIOS 2.7
16 GIG OF INSTALLED Physical Memory
Samsung SSD 120 gig
1000 GB WDC HDD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrate-from-office-2010-32-bit-office-2013-64-bit.1113367/
Relevancy 58.05%

have a computer with a preinstalled version of office 2013 and I want to reimage the computer.used to be that magical jelly bean would provide the key... not so with office 2013where will I find the key on the computer?

A:where is office 2013 office product key stored?

You can try this vbs code: it finds Windows and Office keys, it seems to find my office 2013 key correctly.Copy paste the code into NotepadFile >> SaveAsChange 'Save as type' to 'All Files'Enter a filename and saveThen double click and a txt file will be saved in the same location to where the vbs file isConst HKLM = &H80000002

dim fso: set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
dim CurrentDirectory
CurrentDirectory = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".")
Set objFileToWrite = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile(CurrentDirectory & "\OfficeKeys.txt",8,True)

'wscript.echo "View Product Keys | Microsoft Products" & vbCrLf

'Install Date
Computer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & Computer & "\root\cimv2")
Set Obj = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

dim InsDate

For Each item in Obj
InsDate = item.InstallDate
' Gather Operating System Information
Caption = Item.Caption
OSArchitecture = Item.OSArchitecture
CSDVersion = Item.CSDVersion
Version = Item.Version
Next

dim NewDate

NewDate = mid(InsDate,9,2) & ":" & mid(InsDate,11,2) & ":" & mid(InsDate,13,2)
NewDate = NewDate & " " & mid(InsDate,7,2) & "/" & mid(InsDate,5,2) & "/" & mid(InsDate,1,4)

QueryWindowsProductKeys()

'wscript.echo 'vbCrLf & "Office Keys" & vbCrLf

QueryOfficeProductKeys()

Function DecodeProductKey(arrKey, intKeyOffset)
If Not IsArray(arrKey) Then Exit Function
intIsWin8 = BitShiftRight(arrKey(intKeyOffset + 14),3) And 1
arrKey(intKeyOffset + 14) = arrKey(intKeyOffset + 14) And 247 Or BitShiftLeft(intIsWin8 And 2,2)
i = 24
strChars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
strKeyOutput = ""
While i > -1
intCur = 0
intX = 14
While intX > -1
intCur = BitShiftLeft(intCur,8)
intCur = arrKey(intX + intKeyOffset) + intCur
arrKey(intX + intKeyOffset) = Int(intCur / 24)
intCur = intCur Mod 24
intX = intX - 1
Wend
i = i - 1
strKeyOutput = Mid(strChars,intCur + 1,1) & strKeyOutput
intLast = intCur
Wend
If intIsWin8 = 1 Then
strKeyOutput = Mid(strKeyOutput,2,intLast) & "N" & Right(strKeyOutput,Len(strKeyOutput) - (intLast + 1))
End If
strKeyGUIDOutput = Mid(strKeyOutput,1,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,6,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,11,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,16,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,21,5)
DecodeProductKey = strKeyGUIDOutput
End Function

Function RegReadBinary(strRegPath,strRegValue)
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")
objReg.GetBinaryValue HKLM,strRegPath,strRegValue,arrRegBinaryData
RegReadBinary = arrRegBinaryData
Set objReg = Nothing
End Function

Function BitShiftLeft(intValue,intShift)
BitShiftLeft = intValue * 2 ^ intShift
End Function

Function BitShiftRight(intValue,intShift)
BitShiftRight = Int(intValue / (2 ^ intShift))
End Function

Function QueryOfficeProductKeys()

strBaseKey = "SOFTWARE\"

strOfficeKey = strBaseKey & "Microsoft\Office"
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")
objReg.EnumKey HKLM, strOfficeKey, arrOfficeVersionSubKeys
intProductCount = 1
If IsArray(arrOfficeVersionSubKeys) Then

For Each strOfficeVersionKey In arrOfficeVersionSubKeys

Select Case strOfficeVersionKey
Case "11.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\11.0\Registration",52,intProductCount
Case "12.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\12.0\Registration",52,intProductCount
Case "14.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\14.0\Registration",808,intProductCount
Case "15.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\15.0\Registration",808,intProductCount
... Read more

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/where-is-office-2013-office-product-key-stored/19885.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

Good morning,

I recently upgraded from Office 2010 Pro to Office 2013 Pro. However, after the install, all of the office products are showing as <NAME> (desktop) - i.e. Word (desktop), Powerpoint (desktop). Yet, when they are opened, the program is shown as Word 2013, Powerpoint 2013, etc. When I try to pin a file to the taskbar, it pins it under the Word (desktop) program, but when I open that file, it opens in Word 2013.

I am able to pin both Word 2013 and Word (desktop) to my taskbar. I am ONLY able to pin files to Word (desktop), but files only open using Word 2013. Both options open the same program. It is frustrating to have one program pinned just to have files pinned, only to have those files open in another taskbar "tile."
Why are they separate? Is there any way to get rid of one?

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

-Andrew

A:Updated to Office 2013 Pro: Word (Desktop) vs Word 2013

Hi PrimetimeHero welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

It does seem that you have a duplicate set of short cuts to your Office products.

Normally it is best to store your Office product files in your Documents Library, under their various Folder titles such as Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets etc. This keep them all in the one area for easy location.

Check to see whether you have duplicate copies of the actual files & if so make sure they are up to date & correct & delete one of them. Then delete the duplicate Shot Cuts then open your Documents Folder in your Documents library. Then locate a file in Documents such as Word xxx & if you want to have a short cut to it on your Desktop, right click on it & use Send To (create Desktop short cut).

As your information is not really clear, perhaps you could post back with more info on where your various Office files are actually located.

Below is a screen shot of my Documents Folder to expalin what I have been saying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/354720-updated-office-2013-pro-word-desktop-vs-word-2013-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

OK I am curious. I am trying to understand the difference between these two: Office 2013 is just an updated version from office 2011 and its predecessor, and Office 365 is like Google docs, except that its a paid subscription. I don't see any logic to why I want to pay annually where I can just do Google docs, or just use a regular office application.

A:what's the difference between office 2013 and office 365

Nice article with a comparison chart: Office 365 vs. Office 2013: Should you rent or own?Only you know your personal use needs and requirements. If it's about money there are free alternatives. Renting means always the latest and greatest updated apps available. Buying means at some point antiquated and possibly no longer compatible or becoming problematic. Choose what works for you and your needs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483629/whats-the-difference-between-office-2013-and-office-365/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?

I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough.

Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to redirect to the junk mail.

thanks
Jeff

A:Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)

Originally Posted by jeffrys

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?
Jeff

No.

While possible it is not recommended to install multiple versions of Office on the same computer. But they both must be the same bits. The only way this could be done is to install one on a virtual machine.

https://support.office.com/en-au/art...7-b78c513788bf

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/4173-office-2016-32-bit-next-office-2013-64-bit.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I've been using Microsoft Office Home and Student for can't Office Office.com connect 2013 to the last six months with no real problems Specifically while using Excel I can press F or click the icon and use the online Help Until now I'm working on something in Excel I try to access Help and get This condition then persists until I reboot the computer the Office 2013 can't connect to Office.com same Office 2013 can't connect to Office.com similar message appears for the other Office components Please note other programs do not have any problem connecting to the Internet I'm experiencing the problem even as I type this in IE Office is the only one having trouble with connecting I have some URLs in a spreadsheet and they still work fine My computer has a wired connection to my modem-router on a simple home network I am using Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes and Microsoft Firewall All Windows Updates have been installed Turning off the firewall does not help A few weeks ago I had a problem with a malicious toolbar Malwarbytes quarantined a number of files having to do with Linkey and MySearchDial and the problem seemed to be solved Any help with Help would be appreciated

A:Office 2013 can't connect to Office.com

Welcome Windows Seven Forums.

Have you tried an Office repair. To do that open Control Panel, select Programs & Features, scroll down to Microsoft Office 2013, Right Click on it & select Change. This will open a panel with a couple of repair options to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/342266-office-2013-cant-connect-office-com.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there any difference in the features provided by office 2013 vs office 365? I am looking to get one, but cannot decide.

A:Choosing between office 2013 and office 365

yes some extras , they are both 2013 versions at the moment
365 gives you the full range
365 you can unauthorise and re-install on a different PC
365 comes with 1TB of onedrive space
365 you can also put on a tablet or phone
365 will be updated to the latest version

2013 stays on the PC its first installed on and cannot be transferred
2013 you can get different versions (with outlook, publisher, access products), which cost different prices

have a read here
https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-office-2013-and-office-365.1144798/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi experts Anyone know if it's possible to have Office bit and Office bit running on the same computer Windows Enterprise bit This link partially answers the question but doesn't say if you can mix and bit versions I have to keep EXCEL bit as (32 Office together (64 bit) 2013 and Office bit) 2010 I Office 2010 (32 bit) and Office 2013 (64 bit) together have some addin's that don't work on the bit version EXCEL I HATE outlook so the restriction on Outlook is fine by me Mixing the and bit versions is my main concern here Note you have to have office already installed to enable the quot Side by Side quot feature apparently -- not tried it yet Office Side-by-side or upgrade Jussi on SharePoint Please posters who have actually TRIED this combination on ANY version of bit Windows One often get posts like quot It should be possible or I don't THINK it will work If you've tried this or can post me to an official Ms link saying it either works or doesn't work then I'd appreciate the help I don't actually like office -- I intend for all sorts of reasons sticking with office but there will be times when I have to run office and I really don't want to have to set up a separate Virtual machine just for that - or another Windows to Go system Cheers jimbo

A:Office 2010 (32 bit) and Office 2013 (64 bit) together

Here is one reference that might satisfy you:

"Compatibility with existing Office files and solutions

The 64-bit version of Microsoft Office isn?t compatible with any other 32-bit version of Office programs. So you must first uninstall all 32-bit versions of Office programs before you install the 64-bit version of Office."

I found another on Technet, but like a dummy I left the page, and, for some reason, couldn't find the reference again. It said 64 and 32 bit versions cannot be installed on the same machine.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17236-office-2010-32-bit-office-2013-64-bit-together.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.04%

There is a folder named "Important" in my folders and I'm not sure if I made it or they did, but it will not delete and it copies every single email I get. Why do I need duplicates of all my mail?

It's a pain because now I have to empty deleted, junk, inbox, and sent mail and this one.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/52062-important-folder-outlook-mail-2013-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I know this is Patch Tuesday but 35. I am still working on a couple of issues resulting for some of the Optional Updates over the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing how the install for these goes.

I think I will wait a bit.

A:UNBELIEVABLE! 35 Important Updates Just Showed Up

See:

May 12th 2015 Windows Updates Security Bulletin Details

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65782-unbelievable-35-important-updates-just-showed-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I was wondering if anyone had problems with the installation of the new round of updates that just came from microsoft This is the list of them cum update for media ctr KB security update KB security update microsoft office updates new round on of info. important system KB security update microsoft office exel KB security update windows vista KB security update microsoft office system KB security update microsoft works important info. on new round of updates KB security update important info. on new round of updates microsoft office system KB windows malicious software removal tool KB security update windows vista KB update rollup for activeX killbits windows vista KB cum security update for IE KB security update microsoft office word KB The only thing I did was not install IE I still don't have that installed because I don't know if they fixed the problem with the web printing from HP The error was on a black screen with a red X on a reboot and it said AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE SETTING UP SYSTEM there was a string address but I didn't get that It also said the error was logged Does anyone know where I can find this log Should I do a system restore back After I hit enter my computer started up ok But I don't know what happened to my system files HELP please Addie

A:important info. on new round of updates

Do a system restore, disable any third party Anti-Virus program and try installing the updates. This is how I managed to solve my problem. HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231671-important-info-new-round-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

ther are still 88 important updates that needs to be installed on the 2 windows 8 pc 's i have in the internet shop.

how serious is this to the security of the 2 pc's ??

will this greatly affect the virus and malware vulnerability ??

thank you

all machines windows 8 64bit

A:88 important updates cannot install windows 8 how serious

Important enough I would say, if you are concerned about too many updates or have other concerns, you can pick and choose only security updates. Other way would be to have only important chosen to download and install. There are also some updates without which you will not be able to upgrade to W8.1. As computers are used in the internet shop, it's even more important to take advantage of any security improvement you can get your hands on.
I suppose you have set tight security on them and network, route etc. You can also ad: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: to guard against malware thru USB sticks if you allow customers to use them. Which other security measures have you taken ? AVs, soft/hard firewalls etc. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61206-88-important-updates-cannot-install-windows-8-how-serious.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Every one who read this Topic

My name is wez

i've been having this problem and havent been able to install important updates for around 5 months now and my pc aint functioning properly as the updates are needed .

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for me when i try to install them The green bar just keeps moving across and everything else stays the same no change no % goes
up

I dont understand why i cant install the updates iv'e done all the systym check it says its fine , i download the microsoft fix it and that found nothing , any one have any help ? Thanks in advance , need any more info just ask

A:Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

You apparently have a download problem. Check here whether there is something that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

Especially look at this one: The progress bar stops responding at 0 percent when you click "Download and install" There is a Fix-it download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/200189-important-windows-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I just restored my laptop to factory settings, windows update has now decided it wants to install 115 updates, 107 of which are 'important'. Is it necessary to install all of them? Can I get away with just getting the most recent ones? It wouldn't bother me but they will take an age to install and take up the best part of 1GB of disk space...

Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have been meaning to post about this for some time.

I don't understand why MS categorizes Microsoft Security Essentials updates as "optional". These should be rated important or critical.

Is everyone else using MSE experiencing this also - Or am I missing something in my update settings?

A:Why does MS not categorize MSE definition updates as important??

That is a good question to ask Microsoft. I am wondering too. Always check the optionals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/201629-why-does-ms-not-categorize-mse-definition-updates-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html
Relevancy 54.61%

...to go along with the RC that was released. Both IE8 related.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

In the windows 8.1 pro windows update I tried to download and install all 92 important updates after it was thinking with the green bar moving from side to side instead start downloading the updates I got error:

Code 80248007 windows update ran into problem.

How can I solve it ?

A:Tried to install 92 important updates but get error why ?

Solved it with this tip: Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66094-tried-install-92-important-updates-but-get-error-why.html
Relevancy 54.61%

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Having issues with getting a few updates to install on my new pc. Fresh install of Windows 7. the updates in question are:

KB2604115
KB2656373
KB2686831
KB2507618
KB2660649
KB2698365
KB2484033
KB2522422

I have tried numerous times to install these updates, sometimes resulting in a BSOD. A few of the updates have downloaded just fine but failed to install. The error code i get when trying to do the updates is 800B0100. Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Error Code 800B0100 8 important updates

Try this :
Windows Update - Reset
Also try running the attached tool.
And for the BSOD's follow this : http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250007-error-code-800b0100-8-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ive had trouble with updating before but was under work corrupted/wont updates Important the impression it was due to malware issues malware has since been removed but there are quot important updates quot which will not work They are Update for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Jscript for Windows Vista KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack and NET Framework Family Update KB x Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows Windows XP Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server R KB I have downloaded and installed these numerous times but after reboot they pop back up as unsuccessful I've tried doing them one by one and also ive tried the standalone packages Important updates corrupted/wont work from microsoft After the malware was removed i downloaded and installed all at the same time and it appeared to work but on reboot i got quot Updates were not Important updates corrupted/wont work configured correctly Reverting changes Please do not turn off your computer quot I haven't seen this ever before and mentioned it to the member who was helping me with malware and they suggested the updates may be corrupted and that it will drive me nuts until i find a solution

A:Important updates corrupted/wont work

Have you downloaded them manually?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309108/important-updates-corruptedwont-work/
Relevancy 54.18%

There appears Ultimate working Vista "important updates" not to be eleven quot important updates quot that refuse to work i use windows updater and it says they are downloaded and installed then i reboot and it says 'configuring updates ect ' however after it says welcome and my desktop appears the windows update pops back up saying that thos important updates have failed and i must try again Ive done this times now to no avail i read a Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working post somewhere that sounded pretty much the same as mine with a solution but i cant find it so ive written this in the hope of finding some help Ive got vista ultimate bit ive uninstalled all unnecessary things and have up to date avira thanx to the guy who put me onto it it appears to work heaps better than avg these are the updates which keep failing -Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows KB -Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack and NET Framework Family Update KB x -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB size Im hoping someone can help me in this other post the solution was that one of the updates had to be installed st before the rest would work which sounded pretty simple so hopefully this is a similiar problem

A:Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working

Try to download an install ONE update at a time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303077/vista-ultimate-important-updates-not-working/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I currently have 25 Important and 5 Optional Windows Updates downloaded onto my computer, but when I restart/shut-down, the updates fail. It usually ends with the message "Windows update failure; reverting (or reconfiguring) changes" or something like that. Then I can log in and use my computer like normal.

I have been ignoring the issue since everything was working until recently. I have started to notice things are slower (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and updates for Avast and other programs seem to get stopped before they can begin. For example, Avast is now telling me I have no internet connection, even though I am watching youtube videos while I try to update Avast.

Please let me know how to get these updates to install properly. I hope that fixing them will also resolve some of my other issues.

Thanks

A:25 Important Windows Updates not Installing correctly

Hello,With Windows Update issues on the of first things to do is check for any corrupt system files/WU files, as these can be the often cause for WU to fail.Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.logSFC /SCANNOWClick on the button. Inside the search box type in CMDRight click on CMD => Choose Run as AdministratorInside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOWPlease wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.Convert CBS.log to CBS.txtClick on the button => Inside the search box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"Press EnterOnce this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this threadPlease Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562923/25-important-windows-updates-not-installing-correctly/
Relevancy 54.18%

Shortly before christmas I dropped my laptop and damaged the HDD. I had to get it replaced and have windows reinstalled etc.

Now there are a lot of little things acting up, and I'm thinking it could be because supposedly important updates aren't installing.

I still get the sign next to shut down on the start menu, which suggests updates will be installed, but they're constantly coming up as failed.

This is my update history, and the highlights ones are commonly failing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh, and the error codes are all 8E5E03FB if that helps.

A:Since 'fix', laptop no longer installs important updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.

Please also post an MGADiag report - repair shops have an 'unfortunate' rep with reinstalling the OS.
we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275851-since-fix-laptop-no-longer-installs-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop currently settings update changing only--help? important to updates has all the default update setting checked so it installs all optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to changing update settings to important updates only--help? change the setting to install only important updates What changing update settings to important updates only--help? are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some changing update settings to important updates only--help? people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates only But I only want to do that if it won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

A:changing update settings to important updates only--help?

First of all, you don't need to Install Windows optional updates.
Secondly, you should change your Windows Update Setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

After you have changed the Windows Update Setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", Windows Update will search again for available updates.
When the search is complete, look for KB3035583, and hide this update.

The Disadvantage is that you have to manually search for Windows Updates.
But the Advantage is that you have more control of which of the Windows Updates is being Installed on your Laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604285/changing-update-settings-to-important-updates-only-help/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm looking for some help on this one.I just installed XP SP3 on my HP and everything appeared to go well. Then as directed I installed the additional security updates. However, everytime I click the "Turn Off Computer" button it will display the message to Click turn off to install important updates...... I have done this several times & the message keeps appearing. I've restored to the point following the SP3 install, no luck.I have also removed an SQL update (KB948109) which I thought may be the problem, still no luck.I can't seem to get rid of the message..... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Click Turn Off To Install Important Updates......

Turn off auto updates...at least, temporarily...and the issue should go away.Auto updating and WinUpdates have problems sometimes...I suppose that's why there's a WinUpdate troubleshooter, Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156961/click-turn-off-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, just wondering if I'm the only one to have noted that MS offers to install pending Windows Updates on the Safe Mode login screen in an identical fashion to normal mode.

...er.. did you notice the inconsistency?

Situation: Set Windows Updates to notify, not download. Require password to log in. With pending windows updates, go to safe mode. MS use exactly the same screen as in normal mode, including the notification of updates and instruction to go to PC Settings to install them.

...er.. but it's Safe Mode... please sir, I haven't got an internet connection...

Oops?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45677-important-updates-go-pc-settings-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop currently has all the default update setting checked so it installs important changing settings only--help? updates update to all optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to change the setting to install only important updates What are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates only But I only want to do that if it won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update changing update settings to important updates only--help? installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

A:changing update settings to important updates only--help?

I don't let it download anything myself, and I uncheck the box for give me recommended updates the same as important, these are my settings,

And with this tutorial I've set it to disable OS upgrades,

Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

Not sure if you have pro version, if you do you can use either method, if you just have the home version then you can only use option one.

I haven't had anything forced on me and I am in control of what gets downloaded, I install them all anyway except for silverlight and skype.

You have to do it manually but at least you know when and what you are installing.

I'm not sure there is setting that you are looking for, only install important updates doesn't seem be an option.

Separating the recommended from important by unchecking that box in the blue outline will give you only important updates in the important section.

As for the W10 update already downloaded, I think there is a way to get rid of it, I can't remember right now I'm sure someone else will come along with more info.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73821-changing-update-settings-important-updates-only-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My update settings changing only--help? updates important to laptop currently has all the default update setting checked so it installs all changing update settings to important updates only--help? optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to change the setting to install only important updates What are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates changing update settings to important updates only--help? only But I only want to do that if it changing update settings to important updates only--help? won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/changing-update-settings-to-important-updates-only-help-1091322.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Computer says to restart to install important updates but when I restart no updates are installed and when I go to the check for updates folder it says your computer needs to restart to install updates.  Please help.  I've restarted several times. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627900/restart-your-computer-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have tried downloading 2 important security updates (KB2446710 & KB2478662) and get the following error message Code 80070BC9.

I have tried rebooting in clean boot mode but still have the same message, can anyone help.

Thanks

A:Important updates not downloading (code 80070B9)

same problem occurs with optional update KB2830477

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326987-important-updates-not-downloading-code-80070b9.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So I am not very technical.

We own 2 Windows 7 Home Premium PCs from Dell.

They are the same make and model number and same hardware specifications only difference is:
PC #1 runs TrendMicro Security and Office 2013 Professional (available for purchase through an employer).
PC #2 runs McAfee and Office 2013 Student.

The following 3 Microsoft Win 7 updates show as Important on PC #1 and Optional on PC #2:
KB2800095
KB2908783
KB2928562

Any idea why that is? Is there a problem with PC #2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:3 April Updates show as Important on 1 PC and Optional on another

I checked this one only, Event 55 when you copy an encrypted folder to EFS shared folder in Windows so if one is using EFS and the other not, it could be optional on the one that does not use EFS.

Nothing is wrong with either one, it depends on the software you have and how it's used that makes the updates Optional, Important or Critical.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331306-3-april-updates-show-important-1-pc-optional-another.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been reading and Microsoft doesn't sound as effective nor even virus free.
Im looking for free anti-virus which ALL its function are enabled and same with a firewall.
I have a security problem and wonder how I can privately ask you for information on it.
You have most helpful forum.
Lyn

A:Missing wuaucpl.cpl.manifest. Are Updates really important

Consensus opinion here seems to indicate AVG Free is a very good anti-virus program and Sygate a compatible firewall. See the list of 'freeware replacements for common programs' here for other choices (also contains download links): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Fre...apps-t3616.html Also have a look in the Tutorials section for ways to keep your system secure on the internet.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Sim...rnet-tut82.htmlIt is essential to have Anti-Spyware: minimum requirement is AdawareSE, SpyBot S&D, and SpywareBlaster. Others may say you need even more. They compliment one another it doesn't matter how many you have. how I can privately ask you for informationYou could PM the site Admin. (just remember to call him 'sir' )Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17221/missing-wuaucplcplmanifest-are-updates-really-important/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've noticed on a few systems in Windows Updates some important updates are unchecked by default, for example Internet Explorer 10 For Windows 7 x64-based systems and various updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7. Why is this and should I still install them? Why would they be important but not installed by default?

A:Sometimes important Windows Updates are unchecked by default

Depends on what your Windows Update settings are like. Mine is set to "notify" only, and every since update is unchecked by default.

.NET framework is kinda like a software that is required for other software to run ... e.g. "iOS v5 or higher is required to download and install Instagram on your iPhone"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sometimes-important-windows-updates-are-unchecked-by-default.193498/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a flag in the taskbar that says Windows could not check for updates automatically Important When I click the message a window for automatically could (Important) not Windows updates check opens with the following Windows could not search for Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) new updates An error ocurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F Windows Update encountered an unknown error It also gives me the option to try again and I did but it keeps giving me the same message I followed the first steps given to jbpaul who had the same message But it Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) didn t work and the system still gives me the same message I also tried looking for windir WindowsUpdate log logs but mine are different to jbpaul Can someone help me Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) Thanks a lot System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I was notified today of one important update, KB2881030, but checking shows this to be for the 32 bit version of Office 2010. I have only MS Office Home and Student 2007 on my 64bit computer. Further, the update has a prerequisite mentioned, i.e., Microsoft Office 2010, Service Pack 2, definitely not on my computer. Finally, the update's "more information" did not mention any files in Office 2007 that were involved. I won't install this update unless I learn I need it, but I'm wondering if there are others being offered this apparently inappropriate update. Anyone else involved?

Thanks.

A:Important update offered for wrong Office program

Hi,
Interesting I only got a junk email filter update
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115192

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397077-important-update-offered-wrong-office-program.html