Windows Support Forum

DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Q: DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hey guys I m new to this site and I have semi-intermediate computer skills I recently started copying backing up any DVD s that my children use frequently because they seem to scratch them and render them useless I ve never burned anything other than maybe issues burning Super DVD Slow a couple of home movies that were not really over an hour just to view on the big screen and even that seemed Super Slow DVD burning issues to take a long time I ve read that some folks are burning DVD s anywhere from minutes to an hour which would be optimal compared to what I m getting I burned a copy of Finding Nemo and it took almost hours to burn So I tinkered around a bit and it seemed to get worse going over hours on the next burn I wasn t really Super Slow DVD burning issues sure what the deal was but my first thought was that the writer that came pre-installed was crap I installed a Sony DRU- A DVD CD RW drive as a slave and it was still giving me the same issue on the next attempted burn Super Slow DVD burning issues Some CPU info emachines T Intel Celeron GHz GB RAM bit Vista Home Basic cd dvd drive DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM CD DVD read speed x CD x DVD CD DVD write speed x CD x DVD R x DVD R DL CD DVD rewrite speed x CD x DVD RW x DVD-RAM The Sony cd dvd drive I installed as a slave x DVD R and DVD-R Recording Speeds x DVD R and x DVD-R Dual Layer Recording Speeds x DVD RW and x DVD-RW Recording Speeds x DVD-ROM Reading Speeds x CD-R and x CD-RW Recording Speeds x CD-ROM Reading Speeds ms CD and ms DVD Access Times MB Buffer and IDE Interface I am using Roxio MyDVD Video Lab because this computer did not have any burning software preinstalled I ve tried using Sony DVD-R discs and maxell DVD RW discs with the same results I ve burned music CD s and they seem to burn really fast less than minutes I checked your forums for help It seems to me that the last help for this type of issue topic was acknowledged back in I checked the DMA PIO thingy and mine was already set to DMA But still not really sure what that is I also tried to tinker around with the Roxio software and it didn t really seem to give me any options to control write speed if that s something that is do-able or quality to shorten the length of the burn I hope I ve given enough info Somebody please help This is our only computer and the long burn issue is keeping us from using the computer much while it is burning nbsp

A:Super Slow DVD burning issues

try using imageburn..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/super-slow-dvd-burning-issues.881531/
Relevancy 79.12%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 78.69%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 77.83%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 76.54%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 73.96%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 73.96%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 71.38%

I 'upgraded' from a Dual Core Pentium D PC with GB RAM Running XP to a Dual Core E at Mhz with GB RAM and WIndows Bit I noticed when I was burning a CD the whole PC seemed to Slow when Burning slow down while this was happening If I wanted to view pages on the internet the pages wouldn't load Slow when Burning until the disk was finished This was a problem I never had with my previous PC or any for that matter I noted the WEI mark as the lowest being the Hard Drive I decided to do a clean install of Windows and see if that made any difference Once re-installed i ran the WEI and got this time The score was based on the CPU which was the lowest scoring this time I also noticed the memory score had dropped to The PC is still running slow when running more than one application I just think it's strange I'm using a more powerful PC than the one I had but appear to be unable to utilise it in atleast the same way as I did I've made sure the BIOS is uptodate and I have contacted the motherboard manufacturers FOXCONN but I'm waiting for a reply Does anyone have any ideas what's up here

Relevancy 71.38%

did a new install of windows 8.1 retail and burned a dvd in 9 mins at 8x speed,then i rebooted the computer no dvdburner there anymore so i used this hack reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

rebooted the machine dvd burner is back i burn another disk set it at 8x speed but very slow took 30 mins to burn the same disk it was only burning at 3.6 speed.so my question is how do i fix this problem.

A:Slow dvd burning

The hack may be the problem, its probably showing up as a slower speed drive. If the DVD drive did not appear after reboot, I would have gone to the Device Manager (it would probably showed up as an error) and uninstalled the drive in the Device Manager and then restart the PC. When Windows starts, in these cases, it will usually detect and reinstall the drive and fix the problem.

I don't know if the Upper/Lower Filter problem in older Windows is a problem in Win 8. That would be another issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33925-slow-dvd-burning.html
Relevancy 71.38%

hi!
i don't know what happened,
my dvd burner was ok...
but now i can't burn even 1 dvd
it's very verrrrrry slow. more than an hour.
& it always fail in the data verification.
i tried nero, roxio... i uninstalled it & reinstalled it.
but the same problem.
i tried different media...
same thing.
i don't know what happened. maybe i installed something that changed something in my vista settings?
i uninstalled my "daemon tools". but the same problem.
i remember i installed "macdrive" on my vista (a program). but i uninstalled it weeks ago.
why it's burning soooo slow? (&why it failes in the data verification)?
help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-dvd-burning.744780/
Relevancy 71.38%

My pc lost its power supply last week due to a power surge Since it s an HP Pavilion Slimline any ordinary power supply won t fit it has a propietary PSU that unfortunatley I was unable to buy in my area I went to a computer repair shop and they switched everything inside the slimline case to a new mid-tower case so that a standard power supply could fit in They also had to cut the power cables of this PSU and in order to connect them to the small pin connector on the motherboard which is also not a standard one After this they told me that everything was working fine I burning Slow DVD actually received a cracked flimsy case with a front audio port that doesn t work but this isn t such a big deal my biggest concern is regarding the DVD write speed Last night after I finished my Photoshop session I proceeded to backup a GB folder full of PSD files to a DVD It took a lot longer to do so than I was expecting to Usually the drive would burn at full speed very noisy but this time I could barely hear it spin for a second or two then stop and so on I always Slow DVD burning burn multi-session DVDs and I like the Windows Vista drag and drop not mastered feature Slow DVD burning to do it According to it the transfer speed was between Slow DVD burning and MB s I m not sure if this is slower than it should be but it certainly is a lot slower than it used to be I also plugged in an external DVD drive through the USB port and obtained quite the same results between and MB s I d like to hear your opinions the guys from the repair shop are quite rude and I don t trust them at all they told me that this is my fault for not using Nero I actually never had a problem with Vista s burning capabilities and always used it without a problem until now Thanks in advance for you help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-dvd-burning.962281/
Relevancy 71.38%

hello, I bought a new 52x24x52 cd-rw (Artec) because i thought my old one was burned out. The problem I'm having is the when I try to burn cds at a high speed for some reason they take too long and I know that's not right. For example , I burned at 24x and it took 11 mins.

I'm running Windows XP Home Ed. with 750 mhz, 256 RAM, 40 Gig drive. On my IDE1, I have the harddrive as the master and my cd-rom as the slave. On IDE2 i just have my burner set as the master.

So can someone please help me to understand why this is happening. And can you fix the problem.

Thank You

A:CD-RW burning slow

Did you burn an image to the hard drive, or from a cdrom? if from cdrom, how fast is your cdrom ? also, the cdrs are what speed? the cdrs have a writing speed limit. if the limit is 24x, then all your discs will burn at 24x max. I don't think there are 52x writable cdrs yet. although some discs still write at 52x. (not all). that's probably your case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-burning-slow.139831/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Sony 52X CD-ROM and an LG 52X CD-RW. My problem is when I am copying from CD to CD, no matter what speed I choose, it won't burn faster than 8X (it goes up and down, between 4X and 8X). I have my burner as master, and my cdrom as slave. I've tried using different versions of both Nero and Roxio, and I always get the same final result. I don't understand why it does this because when I burn anything off my harddrive, it burns at full speed, 24, 32, 48, etc. If anyone has any ideas how I could fix this, I would appreciate it. It's been doing this ever since I made the computer.

Chris

A:Slow CD to CD burning

Are the jumpers on the CD drive set to master and slave, instead of "cable select"? Try switching the positions of the drives on the cable(i.e.: swap master and slave). Try putting them on seperate cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-cd-to-cd-burning.285038/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Hewlett Packard pc and suddenly the CD/DVD writer is only able to burn cd's an 3-4 times speed, instead of the 40 times it usually manages. I have tried closing down all unrelated programes but this doesn't make any difference. DVDs are taking over 2 hours to burn instead of the 15 mins usual time. I noticed that this has happened since using the Lightscribe feature on the drive, but I can't see how this would be the cause. Please help!

A:Burning cd/ dvd SLOW!

Go to Start > Run, type in devmgmt.msc, double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, double-click Secondary IDE Channel, Advanced settings tab, if either one says 'PIO Only' switch it to 'DMA if available'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cd-dvd-slow.700263/
Relevancy 71.38%

hello,

I have a 52x24x52x burner and I'm using Nero 5.5.10 version, it came with the burner. I'm tryin to burn my MP3 music files to a disc. In the process my transfer rate or buffer starts at 100% but then gradually goes down real low and then kicks back up. It is taking to long to burn. I tried to burn at 24x and it took to long, like 11 mins. The blank cds i have are 40x so i know its not the cds. Also i have no programs running in the background.

So if anyone can help me i would appreciate it. Is it my settings or what. Can you you give me the steps on how to change it if so. I have windoes XP home Ed. 750 mhz amd duron processor, 256 RAM

Please help

A:cd-rw burning slow

If nothing else you could do with more ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-burning-slow.140017/
Relevancy 71.38%

can somebody please help me?!
My laptop takes a day just to burn a disc, it's very slow it wasn't like this when i bought it but now i have no patience for it. It's out of warranty too!
Is there anything i can do to fix it?
If not if i buy an external dvd burner would it be quick or would it still be slow.

HELP!!!

Relevancy 71.38%

i use to be able to copy and burn a movie and it would take about 20 to 30 min now it takes 1hour and 30 min what could be causing this. even after remouving and reinstalling the program it is still slow

Relevancy 71.38%

At this moment I'm burning a data dvd using Windows Explorer. It formatted the empty dvd and I had to drag my files (more than 4 gB) to the empty dvd folder. Then it started copying the files (burning them). But it's extremely slow? It is transferring the files at a speed of about 594 kB per seconds and burning the disc this way will take about more than 2 hours? Don't know if it matters but I was using the Live File System.

It's a notebook I just bought with Windows 7 preinstalled.

Do I have to do something special like setting the write speed somewhere? Is it normal that burning a dvd this way takes sooooo long?

A:slow dvd burning

dvd burning is slow altogether, it depends on the movie size

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101927-slow-dvd-burning.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I am trying to write a back-up disc on my dvd drive. It has so far taken 16 minutes (supposidly writing at 20x3000kb) it still hasn't finished! (stopped at 17mins - burned disc OK) It would normally only take 2-3 minutes. At the bottom of my screen there is a square box with a green colour in the middle - it says CPU usage is 100% but then it changes to a black colour which alternates around1%-5%. Is this the reason why? Any suggestions please???

A:Slow burning/CPU? question

What makes you think the DVD writes at 60mb/sec? A 1x DVD writer transfers at 1.3mb/sec, and 8x (10.4mb/sec) is about state of the art right now. You didn't say how much data your disk has on it, but 17 minutes doesn't seem out of line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-burning-cpu-question.217933/
Relevancy 70.52%

hey guys girls im having a rather annoying problem extremely slow DVD burning with my dvd burner as the title leads on it started burning extremely slowly and by that i mean a regular gb dvd takes hours to burn and im burning regular avi movies something that normally takes somewhere between - mins max the hardware i got is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N burner and its attached to my xps laptop running windows xp pro now i did a little digging on the net about this issue and alot of ppl have experienced this with alot of other drives and usually the problem is the OS changes the data transfer mode from DMA to PIO to which many ppl have many solutions so here is where my problem begins first and foremost my device manager IDE controllers looks like this ------------------------------ intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - primary IDE channel primary IDE channel ricoh DVD burning extremely slow memory stick controller ricoh sd mmc host controller ricoh xD-picture card controller -------------------------------- first thing i did was check the advanced settings in the primary ide channel both of them and one of them is running ultra DMA mode im assuming thats the hard drive and the other is running ultra DMA mode assuming thats DVD burning extremely slow the dvd burner so nothing i can change there so i tried to uninstall the quot second quot primary IDE channel the fourth one from the top - the one that is running ultra DMA mode then i restarted and the problem still persists so i went DVD burning extremely slow back on the net to search for other options some which called for a registry fix which was something along these lines went through regedit to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE where i was supposed to find and manually delete the correct folder which contained the dvd burner registry in the above mentioned reg folder i have this --------------------------------- -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh sd mmc host controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh xD-picture card controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh memory stick controller properties ------------------------------------- so i deleted the as naturally it seemed to be the quot second quot primary IDE channel entry here i wasnt sure about and as per why where they named secondary ide channels when there wasnt any indication of secondary in the device manager after which i restarted and again nothing changed at this point i went and updated the firmware for the burner to the latest version but again to no avail after countless other hours sifting through the net for solutions i thought id ask some experts about this so here i am EDIT it seems my hdd transfer speed is slow as well i tried moving gb from my onboard hdd to an external hdd an operation which normally takes maybe mins and it took me over an hour and a half can you please help me ps in case any is asking or if it is of any relevance using nero sony blank dvd-r single layer also i burned about dvd s one after the other out of the same package and a few hours later i tried a th one which turned out to take more than twice the other combined i also burned a th th and th with all my other speed check attempts after the troubleshooting i attempted nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-extremely-slow.956873/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I have a Lite-On SOHW- S X DVD burner with the latest firmware KSOB installed It is my master drive on the secondary IDE channel with the slave being a Lite-On DVD-ROM drive Over time I have noticed that my burning speed has decreased a vast amount No matter what media I use they all seem to burn at around X with one set of media discs Phillips DVD RW X burning at X I have tried the following media discs Sony X DVD-R Verbatim X DVD R Maxell X DVD R and Imation X DVD-R These all burn at X It takes about minutes for Slow Burning- DVD DMA enabled a burn to complete I have also tried the following software Nero and Alcohol ImgBurn DVD Decryptor and IsoBuster However I have noticed that Slow DVD Burning- DMA enabled when I burn my device buffer dances wildly between and not staying on a for more than a second or two I have also noticed that my CPU usage is which is a possible sign of PIO mode- but my devices are ALL in Ultra DMA mode My HD is UMDA my burner is UDMA and my slave DVD-ROM is UDMA I have also tried burning with all background Slow DVD Burning- DMA enabled processes closed and disconnected from the internet same CPU usage and slow burns I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling IDE channels swapping the drives from master to slave and vice versa defragmented scanned for viruses and spyware reinstalled Nero and ASPI installed SiS chipset drivers and checked through the registry and BIOS So what is wrong please help Computer specs Intel Pentium Slow DVD Burning- DMA enabled GHz MB DDR RAM Nvidea Geforce MX MB Lite-On SOHW- S KSOB Master nd IDE DVD-ROM drive Slave nd IDE GB IDE HD Master st IDE Genuine XP Professional SP nbsp

A:Slow DVD Burning- DMA enabled

Hi and welcome. I've moved you to hardware for better assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-dvd-burning-dma-enabled.563255/
Relevancy 70.52%

Sorry I don't know where to put this topic. So here's my problem, I'm trying to back up some files on a DVD-RW, the burning started 14 hours ago and now it's only at 30% of 4.7 GB! Ok I can understand that DVD burning might be slow, but THAT is really slow and totally passed the remaining time indicated. I backed up another DVD before this one and it took about 4 hours. I'm using a Plextor PX-708UF with Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator Home 6 that comes with it, I selected the option PowerRec (which was recommended). Here's a screen cap:

Relevancy 70.52%

When I burn I slow Burning DVD excessively DVD the burn speed runs around and my computer runs slower than a turtle on sunday I think it maybe Burning DVD excessively slow a virus or something prohibiting to burn faster Plus my overall computer performance is rather slow I think considering the computer is barely a year old I ran the hijackthis v contents from scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdateMgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system MCEComService exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent Pop Trap exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C WINDOWS TEMP VA A EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe Tf - bizdocs TimeKeeper TimeKeeper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Microsoft Visual Studio Common msdev bin vtdev exe C Documents and Settings adh Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE KUPL O aswclnr exe C Documents and Settings adh Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE KUPL O aswclnr tmp C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Documents and Settings adh Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SEATH BG HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www tf com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page UR... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd-excessively-slow.612756/
Relevancy 70.52%

hello,this is my first time posting and i'm a beginner when it comes to pc's.should it take 8 minutes to copy a music cd.this is what i have(HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B [CD-ROM drive]
LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S [CD-ROM drive])my pc is a xp2600,512 memory,120gb hd.2.08 gh.

thanks,blazin2

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 premium 64bit.
I generally use Ashampoo burning software 7 to burn files to discs etc and it works fine........however it wont burn to RAM discs.
I tried using the Windows built in burning operation to drag and drop 2 gb of files to a DVDRAM disc......it started OK, but after 40 minutes I pressed cancel.
I burned the same files to a normal DVD and it was done in a couple of minutes.
The discs are made by Panasonic and should be just drag and drop.
My DVD drive is an Asus sata drive. I checked on the Asus web site and the last driver build was a few years old, so I didn't try it.
Anyone else having problems with DVDRAM discs?
Is there other software I could be using?
Thanks
Graham

A:Slow burning to DVD-RAM disc

Burning Studio v9 does RAM disks fine

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/49339-slow-burning-dvd-ram-disc.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey everyone i so RW burning DVD/CD External ever slow?? just got a new external dvd cd rw which i was so happy about cause my desktop one External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow?? was not burning right at all it use to fail all the time so now with this one i burnt a cd containing tracks and it took over mins to burn Also last night i thought ill try and do a back up of one of my dvds and it took over hours but cause it told me it has to encode and stuff External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow?? i thought that was normal now today i burnt a cd a standard track cd and it took mins long so im stunned at why this speed is so slow normally it takes mins max any ideas why i think External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow?? maybe their is some options that i need to uncheck or check Oh i forgot to add that alot of my back up cds are on a external hard drive so i dunno if thats got somthing to do with the delay but their must be somthing i can do to speed this up its a joke thank you nbsp

A:External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow??

It sounds like you may have been trying to burn an audio cd using files that are not in WAV format, and a Video DVD using files that are not DVD compatible. When you are burning a video DVD, it is essential to have your video files in a DVD-compatible MPEG format.

You could also try solving this problem by burning a data CD / DVD (using any file types), but then they would only play on the computer and not on a standalone player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-dvd-cd-rw-burning-ever-so-slow.435128/
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently upgraded my wife’s computer from WinME (ouch!) to Win2000. Over a few weeks, I have managed to work out virtually every kink, save a few. This one has me stumped.

Her CD burner now burns so slowly that I can recite the entire first four books of the bible before a one-hour music burning effort is over. The support discs that came with her computer were from HP and they support ME. So no help there. It really seems as if it’s burning at 4X or something silly like that.

I’m not certain I know how to provide the information someone on this forum would need to help without being asked for it, but I am trying to get it running. What used to take 5 – 7 minutes now takes, without exaggeration, 45 minutes.

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-speed-slow.377667/
Relevancy 70.52%

hi i have a 2gb duo core 3ghz custom tower, i just bought a new lg lightscribe dvd/cd burner and insttalled it for the use of my grand theft auto san andreas i purchased for my computer was a lemon and i got in hold with thje distributor and they emailed me and iso and know im burning my iso on to a dvd R and it say this help me please i want to have it done at least 3 times faster?

A:Slow Image Burning

Hi Nick. Welcome to BC? Am not sure what you are trying to burn, but that is ridiculous. Try the free IMGBURN. Select MODE/Build to make an ISO and MODE/WRITE to burn it. Takes a few minutes, and the same to verify.http://www.imgburn.com/I wouldn't bother using anything else.Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166479/slow-image-burning/
Relevancy 70.52%

My cd burner has suddenly slowed way down. I used to be able to burn a full 700mb in about 4 minutes and now it takes close to 15 minutes.

I am running xp. I use Nero to burn. What I have tried is I put in a brand new drive. I also uninstalled Nero and installed the newer version that came with the drive. Neither of these helped. Anyone have any suggestions. I am at a loss at the moment and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello All,

I have a Samsung DVD writer SH-203B,20X speed with Nero 7 Oem software,recently install Nero 8 Trial software then uninstall with Nero Clean Tool,then install back Nero 7 Oem then the burning speed becomes very slow like burning at 1.25x speed.

Normally burn 10mins for Data Now it take 55 mins (Blank media is same 16x Verbatim).

Please someone help to give some advise.

Thanks in advance.

A:DVD writer burning very slow

Have you tried changing the burning speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-writer-burning-very-slow.723803/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey, I need help.
I've been having problems lately with my DVD/CD burner. It seems that now whenever I input a blank CD-R to burn data, I cant get it to burn any lower than 8x speed.....I need it to burn at 4x speed.....I have no idea what to do or where to go and im constantly making coasters because of it....this has got to stop......any ideas?

XP Service Pack 2
768MB RAM
Emprex 16x DVDRW with Dual Layer capabilities.

A:Slow Burning.....disabled.

Oh well...I just realized that a firmware upgrade that I made sped up my cd burning speed and I cant go lower than 8x.....so I'm screwed. Thx anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-burning-disabled.473998/
Relevancy 70.52%

hi everyone i have recently installed windows 2000 and now my dvd burner is mega slow it will burn 3 gigs in 45 minutes at 16x now when i was using window xp that only took 10 minutes max why is it that its so slow i tried searching for the same topic but found nothing.
please let me know whats wrong with this.

A:Solved: burning is too slow

Try Nero.It is also Vista Compatible.It can burn CD's,DVD's and Blu-ray Disc's!(Of course,you must have a Blu-ray burner for that!)Also,you can adjust it's burning speed according to your will.You can get a trial version here:-

http://www.nero.com/nero7/ena/index.html

Also,it has many other features which will make your burning experience richer and better than ever.Try it and report me back here for any problems,errors or questions.I will be open.Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-too-slow.573599/
Relevancy 70.52%

My PC now takes 1hour to burn a dvd
Used to be 20 mins

Could there be a program making it slow now?

any idea's

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and I bought a new burner (52x24x54x) and it is burning very slow. I have my harddrive on one belt by itself and on the second belt I have my CD-ROM as the master and the CD-RW as the slave. I looked at the transfer rate under the Device Manager on both belts. My harddrive is using Multi-Word DMA Mode 2 , my cd-rom is using DMA, and the CD-RW is using PIO and I can't change it. Can someone please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/settings-for-cd-rw-burning-slow.142084/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All - hope someone Slow problem burning DVD can help I have a slow DVD burning problem Up until a few weeks ago Slow DVD burning problem my PC was Slow DVD burning problem really fast at burning DVDs but this has since slowed down to a snails pace When I now burn a disc the device buffer on DVD Decrypter jumps from high to low and light on the front of my PC flashes to match this I have a Optiarc DVD RW AD- A if this helps Discs used to take about mins to burn but now take about hour I have not messed about with the PC settings computers are a big mystery to me and I am utterly mystified as to why this has started to happen I have since tested this again by burning a disc without any programs running in the background but the results remain the same I have also downloaded the Nero CD Speed test program and performed a test By accident I left my Windows disc in the drive when I performed the first test and the results showed a speed of around not sure if this is good or bad but the light on my PC remained on and the sound from the DVD drive remained constant I then performed a test on one of the blank discs from the batch I am currently burning on This time the results were different The speed was reported to be and the flashing of the light on my PC had returned interestingly enough when I attempted to stop the test the PC refused to eject my disc and I couldn t escape from the program It all points to the blank discs I am using can the discs you use determine the speed of your burn but if there is anyone who can give me some advice I would be very greatful Thanks in advance C h r e d g e nbsp

A:Slow DVD burning problem

Try the test again but with ones that have data on them
Have you change makes on cds just lately and what are they?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-dvd-burning-problem.549774/
Relevancy 70.52%

hey guys girls im having a rather annoying problem with my dvd burner as the title leads on it started burning extremely slowly and by that i mean a regular gb dvd takes hours to burn and im burning regular avi movies something that normally takes somewhere between - mins max the hardware i got is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N burner and its attached to my DVD burning extremely slow xps laptop running windows xp pro now i did a little digging on the net about this issue and alot of DVD burning extremely slow ppl have experienced this with alot of other drives and usually the problem is the OS changes the data transfer mode from DMA to PIO to which many ppl have many solutions so here is where my problem begins first and foremost my device manager IDE controllers looks like this ------------------------------ intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - primary IDE channel primary IDE channel ricoh memory stick controller ricoh sd mmc host controller ricoh xD-picture card controller -------------------------------- first thing i did was check the advanced settings in the primary ide channel both of them and one of them is running ultra DMA mode im assuming thats the hard drive and the other is running ultra DMA mode assuming thats the dvd burner so nothing i can change there so i tried to DVD burning extremely slow uninstall the quot second quot primary IDE channel the fourth one from the top - the one that is running ultra DMA mode then i restarted and the problem still persists so i went back on the net to search for other options some which called for a registry fix which was something along these lines went through regedit to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE where i was supposed to find and manually delete the correct folder which contained the dvd burner registry in the above mentioned reg folder i have this --------------------------------- -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh sd mmc host controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh xD-picture card controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh memory stick controller properties ------------------------------------- so i deleted the as naturally it seemed to be the quot second quot primary IDE channel entry here i wasnt sure about and as per why where they named secondary ide channels when there wasnt any indication of secondary in the device manager after which i restarted and again nothing changed at this point i went and updated the firmware for the burner to the latest version but again to no avail after countless other hours sifting through the net for solutions i thought id ask some experts about this so here i am EDIT it seems my hdd transfer speed is slow as well i tried moving gb from my onboard hdd to an external hdd an operation which normally takes maybe mins and it took me over an hour and a half can you please help me ps in case any is asking or if it is of any relevance using nero sony blank dvd-r single layer also i burned about dvd s one after the other out of the same package and a few hours later i tried a th one which turned out to take more than twice the other combined i also burned a th th and th with all my other speed check attempts after the troubleshooting i attempted nbsp

A:DVD burning extremely slow

Hm, if both your hard drive and your DVD burner are running slow, I would suggest maybe looking into flashing the BIOS of your motherboard? Both the HD and the DVD are hooked up by SATA, correct?

A few things to test here: Transferring data from the computer to an external drive seems slow, try transferring data the same way in Safe Mode, see if it speeds up any, if it does, I would say some type of software is slowing it down.

Could try replacing the SATA cables, or if you have more then 2 SATA ports on the board, if they are not already spaced out, try spacing them farther apart(Though I do not see this as a soloution, you can always try it)

One other thing you could try if you believe it might be software/registry related rather then hardware is do a Recovery to a date/time previous to when you experienced this problem, see if that helps any,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-extremely-slow.155023/
Relevancy 70.09%

I noticed that this new USP external drive burn and write stuff slower then my previous internal DVD Drive Does anyone know what problem is causing it My new USP drive LITE-ON Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache USB External DVD Burner Model SHW- SX My Mobo spec yr old Mobo Motherboard Name Chaintech AJA E Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type DEC Alpha EV Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type SDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type PCI Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots ISA PCI AGP AMR DVD Drive Slow Is Burning For My External RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Form Factor ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset KT A nbsp

A:Burning Is Slow For My External DVD Drive

your mobo is pretty old and I dont believe it supports USB 2.0 so the external burner it is operating at usb 1.1 speeds which are slower than an internal burner on a IDE channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-is-slow-for-my-external-dvd-drive.52766/
Relevancy 70.09%

Following is a quote from MrGerber in Doom9's Forum>General>Decrypting. This is the last post in thread referring to first post, Decrypting FAQs, #9. Phrases in bold are mine. "I recommend you try the ?Workaround? suggestion they provide, which requires uninstalling the IDE device driver. The driver should automatically reinstall after rebooting with a fresh start (reset) having forgotten about the accumulated I/O errors that triggered the bug. After that, you will probably need to use the Windows Device Manager Utility make sure DMA is selected for the transfer mode as suggested in Instruction #9. This procedure worked for my Windows 2000 PC."1) How do I uninstall the device driver?2) How do I reboot with afresh start? Just restart or?3) How do I locate the WDMU and make sure the DMA is selected for transfer mode?Posting here rather than Doom9's Forum because no other members were around at the time...<EOM>

A:Workaround For Slow Burning In Windows Xp

All of this can be done through the device manager.

Start > right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

Click on the "+" sign next to IDE channels (or some listing similar) to expand it. Right clicking on an item will allow you to uninstall it. Then restart the computer and Windows should reinstall the item.

Or, double click on the particular channel the problem is with. Under "Drivers" you will have options to roll back the driver or uninstall the driver etc. Under "Advanced" you can change the transfer mode (usually slow PIO mode, or faster DMA mode).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46278/workaround-for-slow-burning-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 70.09%

hi my dvd writer has been burning realy slow since i reinstalled windows.all the drivers and firmware for it are up to date could some one please help me?

A:hp dvd writer 740b burning slow

Check out the solutions at The stuttering DVD drive or the lame hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dvd-writer-740b-burning-slow.587058/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys, i have a lite-on 16x dd burner and most the time it takes mabey 5 min to burn a dvd, well all of a sudden it takes like 3 hours, i useually burn lower then 16x, mostly 12x or 8x well it shows effective burn is 12x but it burns at like -1x lol. cant figure out why.

A:Lite-on Burner Burning REALLY slow.

Is this an ide type burner or sata? If ide, have you checked that it has not reverted to PIO mode? Do this in device mgr. Open atapi controllers and check each channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lite-on-burner-burning-really-slow.759566/
Relevancy 70.09%

Sometimes I burn DVDs within 10 minutes(x8 speed) and sometimes it takes over 40 minutes.
DVDs are all the same-Verbatim.

All is set to ultraDMA, firmware is updated, drivers are updated.

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello All Operation Slow Burning Probs HJT w/ & My Log; CD I am having issues with my computer running slow and also when I try to burn a CD I get a message that the speed that it is burning at is too fast This has never happened before and I have burned a zillion CDs I even set the burn speed to slow and it still said the same thing Your help would be much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C My HJT Log; Probs w/ CD Burning & Slow Operation WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast My HJT Log; Probs w/ CD Burning & Slow Operation ashWebSv exe C Program Files Alwil My HJT Log; Probs w/ CD Burning & Slow Operation Software Avast setup avast setup C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Shannan's Fix it File hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF FC B- E - AAE- E C-EBD D C Rhapsody Player Engine - http forms real com real player do e Inst Win cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - DPF ED F-D - BA-A -DCC C D MsnMusicAx Class - https music msn com client msnmusax cab O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe quot service file missing O - Service avast Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe quot service file missing O - Service C-DillaCdaC BA - Macrovision - C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe

A:My HJT Log; Probs w/ CD Burning & Slow Operation

Hello and Welcome.

This forum is for malware removal help.

A slow machine is not always a product of infection. I don't see any sign of active infection

Please see this sticky topic:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...ning-slow.html

If that doesn't help with the slow machine, ask in either the Windows XP or Hardware sections of the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-hjt-log-probs-w-cd-burning-and-slow-operation-251203.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My Liteon SOHW-1653S has suddenly started burning v. slow - approx 2.3x [on Nero Speed] vs proper 8x - 12x. - takes 25-30 min to burn DVD instead of 8min.

System: AMD 1800
WinXP
Disks Verbatim.

Could it be drive?
Or software problem?
Win Explorer has suddenly started opening folder for drive when disk is inserted - which I'd stopped [but can't remember now how to do] to speed up things. Don't know if that's related.

Thx for any help/suggestions.

A:DVD-RW Drive suddenly burning v. slow

Well this may be it http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-drive-suddenly-burning-v-slow.489728/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am using ConvertXtoDVD and trying to burn an 87 min. movie. It compressed just fine but taking over an hour just halfway. Never has this happen before. Most times it takes 20-25 min. to burn. What could the problem be?

A:Solved: Slow burning problem

The version I am using was 5 and it was not working properly so I uninstalled it. Problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-burning-problem.1146000/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am having a problem with my computer, it is running kind of slow in general, but in particular, when I try to burn a CD I get a message that the speed of the burn is too fast. I tried doing it on the slowest possible setting and had the same thing occur. This has never happened before and I have burned CD's for ever.

I have done all of the normal things that a person does to speed up their computer (all of the things recommended on this site) with no results and apparently there isn't a malware problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-issues-and-slow-computer-please-help-251263.html
Relevancy 70.09%

The st DVD I burned using Roxio took Creator with Slow Roxio NXT 3 burning only minutes - this was good The next time I tried a day or so later after hours it had only gotten thru the process and was still encoding the st of segments I tried to repair the S W but ran into errors Slow burning with Roxio Creator NXT 3 so I uninstalled and re-installed it Same problem I even tried to re-burn on a new DVD the st one that took only minutes but now it was also S-L-O-W Does anyone have any ideas One thing that may have changed during this period was in Windows update I checked an optional update for Intel s graphics adapter WDDm HD Graphics This failed to install and it remains as an option in the Windows update Here s my SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Maximus IV GENE-Z Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Slow burning with Roxio Creator NXT 3

Burning, by definition, does NOT involve encoding. Burning is the process of copying data from a source (usually the HDD) and "burning" the data onto disc (CD, DVD. Blu-ray).

Encoding infers that you are taking video files, and CREATING a video DVD. The encoding process converts the source file(s) into a DVD compliant mpeg2 video and audio stream. Encoding time is largely cpu dependant, but some applications are faster than others. The source file format can also impact performance.

So, most likely, nothing is "broken".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-burning-with-roxio-creator-nxt-3.1144929/
Relevancy 70.09%

If been doing some research online about different burn speeds..

Many claim that slower speeds yield better picture quality?!!

I really cant imagine this?

The media is digital! Burn slow or fast and the same exact source will be on the dvd?! Right!

A:Does Burning DVD/Cds SLOW yield better quality?

You're right. I suppose there may be some effect within a range of speeds, under some circumstances, maybe something along the line of more dye molecules making the transition. Even the age of the DVD's may play a role. But the things are designed and tested to work within the speed range noted on the package and I wouldn't expect them to be "better" to any appreciable degree just because they were burned more slowly. There is certainly a strong intuitive feeling that slow would be better, but that is probably not borne out by any evidence.

In fact, I have seen the opposite, too, that media that have a lower limit on the burning speed really don't work well if you try to burn them slower than their rated lower limit.

The drive itself may also play into this. If it spins less stably at higher speeds, that may affect the result. But they aren't supposed to "wobble".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-burning-dvd-cds-slow-yield-better-quality.834913/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

While extracting (large) zip/rar files, the PC is not very responsive: I can hardly switch application, and web browsing, for example, is almost impossible. I used winrar and switched to 7zip, without much improvement.

Maybe unrelated, but another occurrence of slow-performance happens when I burn a DVD image (with imgburn) and I open/switch to another application: the buring buffer/cache drops to zero.

I have this:

DFI Lan Party JR 790GX-M2RS
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 920
G.Skill PK 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5
ASUS Radeon HD 3450
Hitachi Deskstar 750GB SATA-II

This did not happen on the same PC when I had Vista installed.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks!
diodo

A:Slow / unresponsive while extracting or burning

Check that your memory is sufficient. Is it all being utiliized? Take the memory diagnostic test. Just type that phase in search and then click on memory diagonostic.
After a problem occurs, type event viewer in search and look for errors.
Make sure that all your drivers are up to date, per the device manager.
Try disabiling your fire wall and A/V

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/51009-slow-unresponsive-while-extracting-burning.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello All I am having issues with burning slow Probs CDs Log: HJT operation My w/ and my computer running slow and also when I try to burn a CD I get a message that the speed that it is burning at is too fast This has never happened before and I have burned a zillion CDs I even set My HJT Log: Probs burning CDs and w/ slow operation the burn speed to slow and it still said the same thing Your help would be much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Shannan s Fix it File hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF FC B- E - AAE- E C-EBD D C Rhapsody Player Engine - http forms real com real player do e Inst Win cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - DPF ED F-D - BA-A -DCC C D MsnMusicAx Class - https music msn com client msnmusax cab O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe quot service file missing O - Service avast Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe quot service file missing O - Service C-DillaCdaC BA - Macrovision - C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hjt-log-probs-burning-cds-and-w-slow-operation.713715/
Relevancy 70.09%

My aunt is giving me her laptop PC because she is going on a spiritual journey
and at the convent they will not allow her her own PC.

this computer has had problems, apparently when new it somehow got a "virus" or the OS was just bad,
so a computer expert freind of hers set up a new user account to bypass the bad one and it worked.

the computer a few years later got infected by "firesearch" adware, I deleted it with malwarebytes. (MSE will not work on this comp)

The thing is I want to do a new OS install and I cannot find the original disc. Can I use a 3rd party disc? is it cheaper to
do an OS re install myself or have an expert do it? the computer will NOT go into safemode. If you try it will BSOD.

Windos STOP 0000000EEEEEE An exception has occured 000000EEEE FATAL ERROR 00000EEEEE

A:Windows media Pre-burning Too slow!

But a Windows OS CD, boot to it, format, install. Then install all drivers beginning with the chipset driver. Then install a good anti virus app. Then go to Windows Update and install all updates (except for hardware / driver updates - never get them from Windows update). Then you're good to go.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406397/windows-media-pre-burning-too-slow/
Relevancy 70.09%

I just installed Win K Pro on my friend s computer which also burning Slow fast a CD-RW burner... on has a x x LG CD-RW I believe this is a fast and reliable burner His system is a GHz Celeron with M of DDR ram The software Slow burning on a fast CD-RW burner... that is running in the background includes McAffee Virus Scan and Sygate Firewall I installed two CD-RW software packages Roxio Easy CD Creator Slow burning on a fast CD-RW burner... and Nero Burning software Both of these programs did not burn at a very fast speed using x and x I have a x burner on a slower computer with more background processes that burns faster Are there any ideas as to what could be slowing down the burning process My first thought was background processes that were hogging CPU time Could it be the media It is older BASF blank CD-Rs P Slow burning on a fast CD-RW burner... S As extra info the Nero software includes a bar showing the read buffer and this value is usually at during the entire burn process nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello All I am Burning at etc) slow (ie music 2x cd's speeds new here so please forgive me if there are any mistakes I have got Burning music cd's at slow speeds (ie 2x etc) some music that I would like to burn to cd I would like to burn the cd at a slow speed e g x My desktop come server has a msi x x ide cd burner I have got a cdburner xp and trial verson of nero None these programmes will not burn a music at a slow speed but at only x I get an error using nero stating burning failed I would like to be able to play the cd in the car etc I have tried with cdrw disc before I put the same tracks on to a write once cd Is there a way and slow down the speed to either x or x or is there a programme on the interweb The reason I would like to burn at a slow speed is to prevent jumping and skipping Any advise welcome but in a simple format as I am a computer probie in english I am not clued about computers My music is downloaded legally and on a laptop which has a dvd rom and windows home premium bit I transfer my music to desktop come server via a wired networked using a old dlink router My desktop come server is running windows professional bit nbsp

A:Burning music cd's at slow speeds (ie 2x etc)

If you are getting burn errors at only x4 burning to CD media, the data transfer speed from the source must indeed be very low. Now that CD media production techniques allow for high-speed burning (on compatible burners of course), the very lowest burning speeds (x2) are no longer catered for, and even finding discs compatible with that speed is now virtually impossible.

The lowest burning speed you are offered by Nero is the lowest speed that is compatible with that brand/type of disc, since burning at too low a speed on high-speed media can also result in "coasters" just as burning too fast can.

Assuming your burning problem is caused by "buffer underrun" (data not being transferred from the source to Nero's buffer fast enough) you may want to try creating an NRG or ISO CD-image file of your data first, then write the image file to a CD. Buffer underrun is less likely when you use that method. That's how I got around the problem when I had a PC six years ago that was very low spec.

I made an audio CD just yesterday at x16 speed on my Windows 7 box (without using the CD-image method which I never have to use these days). It plays perfectly in my car, no skipping/jumping. That's usually caused by a scratched or fingerprint-covered disc, not a burning error. Burning errors usually render the disc totally unplayable/unreadable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-music-cds-at-slow-speeds-ie-2x-etc.1052936/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone I have the following problem Burning files from explorer to DVD is extremely slow when the DVD is Slow with DVD Live File burning System formatted using the Live File System option The burn process starts and proceeds in a steady - Kb s speed It took minutes to burn a Mb file to DVD This occurs with two different brands of media maxell DVD R x and fujifilm DVD-R x and two different drives Lite-ON x and Samsung x the Samsung is brand new If I use the Mastered method the time to burn a full DVD takes - minutes which is the expected amount of time for a x burn I have searched the internet but the only suggestion to this kind of problem Slow DVD burning with Live File System is to turn on DMA for the drive but in my case it is already set to DMA enabled and besides it can burn at full speed in Mastered mode The OS is Windows Ultimate x clean install Drag amp drop files to DVD is such a convenient feature is there anything I can do to make it work Slow DVD burning with Live File System properly Thanks in advance

A:Slow DVD burning with Live File System

Do you have daemon tools installed? the SPTD driver that comes with that is reputed to hurt real drive performance can't say I've noticed it in practice on my setup though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/48593-slow-dvd-burning-live-file-system.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My CD-RW is being used as a slave to the CD-ROM drive as the master. The transfer rate it is using is PIO and I can't change it to DMA. Is that OK or do I need to change it and if so how do i go about doing that? My CD-RW is a 52x24x52x, my discs are 48x writable and it take 12 mins to burn at 24x and I know thats not right. Please Help if possible.

I'm running a 750Mhz anthlon/duron CPU with 256 Ram and Windows XP Home Ed.

Relevancy 69.23%

I am having a problem with my computer, it is running kind of slow in general, but in particular, when I try to burn a CD I get a message that the speed of the burn is too fast. I tried doing it on the slowest possible setting and had the same thing occur. This has never happened before and I have burned CD's for ever.

I have done all of the normal things that a person does to speed up their computer (all of the things recommended on this site) with no results and apparently there isn't a malware problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Solved: CD Burning Issues &amp; Slow Computer...Please Help!

We fixed the problem. although I am not quite sure which fix it was that solved it. We didn't try to burn after each thing, but waited until we did a few things. We had an issue with the virtual memory a week ago, and the computer said that it was fixing it, but it wasn't restored to the previous amount. So we did that and added some more RAM, plus a few other basic things, and all seems to be resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burning-issues-amp-slow-computer-please-help.713756/
Relevancy 69.23%

ok, before nero burned my cd's nice and quick and the used read buffer always read at about 98-99% and i think the Recorder Buffer Level / state was always just greyed out,but im not positive on that.
Now my cd's burn real slow and my Used Read Buffer just goes anywhere from 5%-95% and my Recorder Buffer Level/State jumps up and down as well.
The only things I can recall installing/screwing with since i used it last is installing clonyxl and clone cd, and i added wnaspi32.dll to my system 32 folder because clonyxL needed it to run.
ive tried taking wnaspi32.dll out, but it did'nt help. so does anyone know if theres a software conflict between the programs or have any other ideas for me? I've wasted 3 cd's already and need it to stop. thx if you can help

Relevancy 69.23%

I have been using nero ultra for the last couple of Very ultra slow on nero speed ? 7 burning years I have been able to burn a gig in about to minutes I backup my image files on these I do photography for a Very slow burning speed on nero ultra 7 ? living so I do this almost on a daily basis Most of the time I use at lease one dvd and sometimes two The other day I turned on my computer and it was making a noise so I turned it off and called a tek person He turned on my computer and told me it was just a small fan at the back of my drive My computer has a array system not sure if that is how you spell it anyway it backs up data also The tek person did nt turn off my machine he just removed the drive and replaced the fan This is when all my problems started I had to reinstall photoshop and my nero also did nt work I reinstalled photoshop and nero but now nero burns very slow it takes hour to burn my dvd s now I have went into nero and it has a part that says check drive speed It gives me drive speeds but they are still very slow I have no idea what to do The person that screwed it up is no where to be found or is avoiding me I have call his phone What is the answer

A:Very slow burning speed on nero ultra 7 ?

The same problem happened to me on Nero 8 on the other pc about a week ago. But no one had touched the computer (I mean, the computer was being used for normal use)

I have to try and re install nero and see what happens

If there is any fix for this pls tell us.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250447/very-slow-burning-speed-on-nero-ultra-7/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,
I have one year old HP M9400T that I purchased with Windows Vista 64bit. I have just upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and after installing Nero, I tried to burn a CD, but burning took a bout 20 minutes (I used to burn a DVD in less than 7). I checked online and saw that in many cases you need to make sure the DVD mode is set to DMA and not PIO, and this can be checked by going to device manager, and checking under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers. The problem is that my device manager doesn't have any "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller drivers" listed. The "DVD/CD ROM drivers" is listed under device manager, and the DVD model: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH15L showing that it's working properly.

Any idea why this is missing from Windows 7 device manager? or what I can do to resolve this issue?

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.

A:CD/DVD Burning slow. IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller missing

If you have AHCI enabled in the bios and the intel chipset you would need to install the intel matrix storage manager it can cause this problem with the dvd player - v 8.9.0.1023 (under original drivers) :
Select software and drivers HP Pavilion Elite m9400t CTO Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (Australia - English)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59333-cd-dvd-burning-slow-ide-ata-atapi-controller-missing.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey people,
I havent installed anything new that I know of nor added any hardware to my existing setup, but for some odd reason it burns everything at a fixed rate, which is super slow. Yesterday it took my burner 40-45 minutes to burn a DVD, so I can imagine how long a DVD+DL will take. Here's my setup and the log file generated when I burn something.

Windows XP Pro w/SP2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GeForce 8600GT
4GBs Kingston 667MHZ DDR2 RAM

And here's the log...no Firmware upgrades were applied as I was already running the most recent one.

Relevancy 68.37%

I have an ASUS P GD -VM motherboard which has on-board Video Audio and Ethernet Card About a month ago the Ethernet Card quit working It was still under warranty so I sent the motherboard it back to ASUS They sent me a replacement with the same model I thought that by very Burning swap and slow DVD/CD Files copying after Motherboard just swapping the motherboard with an identical model should bring my computer back up to the same performance as before That is not what happened When I put in the new motherboard and connected everything up the video controller in the Device Manager came back as quot quot Also the display started showing some flicker I removed the Video Controller from the Device Manager and tried using the auto search feature of the Hardware wizard to reinstall the driver but it failed to install Well I reinstalled the Video Driver from the CD that came with the original motherboard and it got rid of the quot quot in the Device Manager but the flicker did not go away and it is still there The other problem that I am facing is the DVD CD write speeds Yesterday for the first time after putting the new motherboard in I tried burning a DVD and it took - hours where it used to DVD/CD Burning and Files copying very slow after Motherboard swap burn the DVD in about minutes before the MB swap It burned the DVD fine but it took times longer than normal I was using Nero Burning Rom to burn the DVD and I noticed that the Used Read Buffer will keep dropping from to and then start going back up to and back and forth This process continued for the entire burning process I then tried copying the DVD folder about GB to another folder on the same physical hard drive and copying progress gave me an estimated time of minutes It never took so long to copy GB from HD to HD I am totally at a loss as to what is going on and will really appreciate if someone can help resolve this problem Thanks in advance for your help Subhash nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 68.37%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 67.51%

I ve got a problem with my DVD Brand isn t important because I burning level fluctuates Nero DVD with slow Solved: buffer replaced the original burner thinking the burner was bad with a new one Sony DRU a but like I said doesn t matter I came here because you guys solved the same problem for this guy http forums techguy org multimedia -solved-nero-buffer-level-fluctuating html Solved: Nero DVD buffer level fluctuates with slow burning My setup is a bit different I have an HP a n pavillion which has an ASUS P LP-LE motherboard This has SATA connectors and PATA connector The original DVD burner was SATA The current one is PATA Both burners had the same problem Originally nothing was on the PATA In device manager it shows primary IDE channels and secondary IDE channels in the IDE ATA ATAPI controllers list The device type is set to auto detection and transfer mode is set Solved: Nero DVD buffer level fluctuates with slow burning to quot DMA if available quot for both devices on all channels I mention this because even though I ve done this I m not entirely convinced this isn t a DMA issue To add a Solved: Nero DVD buffer level fluctuates with slow burning little strangeness to the issue the original drive worked for several months just fine before developing this problem When I replaced the drive the problem again went away for several months Two weeks ago switched the now PATA DVD burner from master to cable select When I did this Nero again worked fine until yesterday I tried switching back to master but that doesn t seem to have any effect any longer So I m confounded Oh I should also mention that in device manager there are no conflicts or problems flagged Anyway please help if you can Pete nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Lets say I have 30 files and each on is in a rar format and all together is just over 4gb(the size of a dvd). It takes almost an hour to unrar them? The end result is a 4gb .img file. Once that is uncompressed and I go to burn it to a DVD it also takes close to an hour.(My burner is only 2.5 but it should'nt take that long)

Does anyone know why these precesses take so dam long?

Thank you!

-Jay

Windows Vista Ultimate(32bit)
2 gb pc4200
1.8ghz cpu

A:Slow, Slow Slow burning and unzipping

Well for un-raring I am not surprised... that is Always slow.. perhaps try a new unzipper like 7zip...(it is the fastest in my opinion)... as for the DVD it is probably a combination of the slow burn speed and the software... also, if you have a bunch of processes and other programs running while the burn is happening it can slow it down quite a bit...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-slow-slow-burning-and-unzipping.584313/
Relevancy 65.36%

Lets say I have 30 files and each on is in a rar format and all together is just over 4gb(the size of a dvd). It takes almost an hour to unrar them? The end result is a 4gb .img file. Once that is uncompressed and I go to burn it to a DVD it also takes close to an hour.(My burner is only 2.5 but it should'nt take that long)

Does anyone know why these precesses take so dam long?

Thank you!

-Jay

Windows Vista Ultimate(32bit)
2 gb pc4200
1.8ghz cpu

A:Slow, Slow Slow burning and unzipping

Hi Jay..

is it still as slow when you disable any realtime scanners?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-slow-slow-burning-and-unzipping-162501.html
Relevancy 61.49%

On a -year old laptop running Windows I've been burning in Windows Explorer Verbatim brand DVD-DL discs rated at x on an external USB Panasonic UJ- blu-ray burner that can burn DVD-DL at x at x the only burn speed choice that Windows Explorer offers with no problem Now I'm trying to do the same with the same external USB burner and with discs from the same cake on a -year old desktop also running Windows Both the laptop and the desktop are running -bit Windows On the desktop I get this error There Windows too burning slow" with Explorer: Error "disc DVD to fast or was Error burning DVD with Windows Explorer: "disc to fast or too slow" a problem burning this disc The write speed for the recordable disc is either too fast or too slow for your CD or DVD burner Insert a recordable disc that has a different write speed adn then try again Then it offers choices to try with a different disc save Error burning DVD with Windows Explorer: "disc to fast or too slow" the temp Error burning DVD with Windows Explorer: "disc to fast or too slow" files for later etc I've tried with discs and got the same error with all of them The UJ- has two USB plugs one for data amp power and one for just additional power I thought maybe the burner wasn't getting enough power from the cable that's just for power So I plugged that cable into the laptop leaving the data cable in the desktop Same problem Burning a disc rated at x at x in a burner rated at x should be no problem but even if it was why does it work fine with the laptop What do I need to do to resolve this problem and get these discs to burn on the desktop

A:Error burning DVD with Windows Explorer: "disc to fast or too slow"

Hi GregL,

Normally I would say that is because of media incompatibility with the burner (some brands just don't get on with each other), but reading through your post this can't be the problem as you're using the same discs and burner on both machines. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that the drive is being picked up by your laptop as USB 2.0 but only USB 1.1 by your desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/178561-error-burning-dvd-windows-explorer-disc-fast-too-slow.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I live in South Korea The internet here is unbelievably fast I ve done speed tests tonight and the download speed averages between - mbps upload speed between - mbps However when I try to watch streaming videos online it s ridiculously slow And it s not just one fast streaming super video connection, Super slow site It seems to be all of them Youtube Comedy Central BBC and MSNBC have all been really slow I notice it the most around - pm here only because that s when I come home from work which is right at the same time most Americans are starting to go to work Is it possible that the United States - workforce uses up so much bandwidth on their morning rounds through the internet that it could devastate my access to streaming video here A brief synopsis The majority of videos I try loading require an obscenely long buffer time upwards of minutes for a minute Super fast connection, super slow video streaming video Not always but usually However oftentimes YouTube will only buffer the first or so of the video So after I play it for a little bit it inevitably catches up with the buffer and I have to wait again Even video quality as low as p still sometimes takes an awfully long time to load Does anybody have any theories I was able to watch the presidential debate earlier today live just fine am here pm Denver time Am I just trying to play videos at peak bandwidth times Are there any ways around this Could there be another explanation This has been a rather consistent problem since I got internet a few weeks ago It has definitely made my online video watching much more irritating if not outright impossible Thanks in advance

A:Super fast connection, super slow video streaming

Americans use the Internet non-stop round the clock, so that's not the probable reason. I think your ISP is throttling your speed for videos sites. You should contact your ISP and complain.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470754/super-fast-connection-super-slow-video-streaming/
Relevancy 58.91%

Just recently got rid of spyware from this computer It was running just fine I browsers slow internet Always Super It's Something..... super downloaded spyware guard snoopfree amp zone alarm on my system Didn't seem to It's Always Something..... Super super slow internet browsers have any It's Always Something..... Super super slow internet browsers problems I went out of town on Saturday and when I tried to use my computer on Sunday it acted like it had crashed I reset my monitor first and a pop up floated on the screen that had something like no connection found Then I rebooted my computer without any problems No sign of the pop up that was floating around before However my internet connection browsers IE amp Mozilla amp Outlook Express have been extremely slow sometimes taking over minutes to load webpages My email has sometimes stalled and had to start over again and I get or of the same email I uninstalled spyware guard snoopfree amp zone alarm hoping they were the cause of my slow internet connection NO such luck I called my service provider cable connection and they report there have been no problems with the connection in my area I am ready to pull my hair out I hope someone might be able to help me Here is my HJT Log and I have also done an Ewido scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system SK DM EXE C WINNT GWMDMMSG exe C WINNT system devldr exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files PhoneTools CapFax EXE C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL MediaDet Exe C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files MSAC-FD MSSTAT EXE C Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www donny com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www yahoogroups com quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default s rh b l slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents... Read more

A:It's Always Something..... Super super slow internet browsers

I hope there are no problems with my HJT log. I know it hasn't been looked at yet. However, I think I found the problem to my internet problems. A bad lynxsys connection. I hooked up directly to my computer and modem and my internet worries are over. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Adrienne

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/its-always-something-super-super-slow-internet-browsers-119420.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We recently got 100Mb fibre optic broadband from Virgin Media, but it's been 2 days now and various speedtests report only 2-3Mbps. Other computers around the house get around 20Mbps (none have 100Mbps).

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110, so it's not old, and I run both Linux and Windows 7 (dual boot) - neither OS gets more than 2-3Mbps. I've also tried moving to various spots around the house, to no avail.

I also tried downloading a large torrent (legal) with thousands of seeders to see how fast it would download, and it stuck at around 1Mbps, never any faster.

Why is this? If we're paying for 100Mbps, surely I should expect more than 3Mbps? Other computers on the same network get 10 times this so the issue is with my laptop?

Relevancy 58.91%

Thankyou for sorting out my Desk top From which I am writing this Now my office laptop has gone on strike It is an HP Pavillion XP I have already downloaded HihackThis and the Analyzer to C HJT but I am not sure how to disable the 'system restore' to begin the log It was going slow before I took a short break and yesterday having taken an age to start up it then kept sticking At one point I timed it taking mins to open the menu from 'Start' quirky and XP Super,super, laptop slow and then another mins to open the 'Programme' menu I did an NAV Update- times -as it would not install after downloading So I followed the Symantec site advice and downloaded the Intelligent Updater direct Then I ran LiveUpdate again I assumed the virus updates would be complete Super,super, slow and quirky laptop XP but they ALL updated again But this time successfully Then I did a scan but all was OK I noticed however that the laptop was working much better after this action at least it IS working Recently before this Super,super, slow and quirky laptop XP after failing to download SP on Dial-Up the hard drive crashed I took it to a 'PCDoctor' had the disk backed up and they re-installed from the CD QuickRestore System Recovery before re-installing from the backup copy In fact I had to return it to be re-done as they had obviously used their own CD not my original one I have just discovered from the above NAV scan that they copied all my old programme files to quot C Esteban quot along with a mess of other stuff naturally my important business files were all lost and the CD backup copies had been done incorrectly so I am sure this is also slowing things down I deleted all the programme copies from this folder after having first checked they were all in the C Program folder The 'Techie' has since been fired I followed your site advice to download Ad-aware SE which I did but when I tried to open it I received a security warning that the 'Publisher' could not be found and advised not to run it As I didn't want to open a 'fraud copy' can you confirm that there isn't a 'Publisher' on this programme In other words it IS the right one Thank you for your continued support

A:Super,super, slow and quirky laptop XP

Welcome back to TSF...

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/ente...all_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Download and install Spybot S&D http://security.kolla.de/. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available.

Now click Mode menu and choose 'Advanced Mode'. Next click on Immunize to your left. Click the Immunize button (green cross) on top to Immunize your computer - you should do this each time there is an update. Now go to Tools->Resident and make sure that TeaTimer is checked. What this will do is monitor any system/registry changes and will ask you for permission to change any of these settings.

Now click on the 'Spybot-S&D' option on the top left to go back to the main screen. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the 'Fix Selected Problems' button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix http://majorgeeks.com/download4392.html and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KRC%...20Analyzer.zip and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in 'y' if you agree. The 'result.txt' file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. You don't need to post the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/super-super-slow-and-quirky-laptop-xp-46423.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Inside of games my computer is awesome Once the game is over nothing is fast Things of 60fps slow super graphics, I with games but highest get games, super with out take forever to open and for example if I go into google chrome and type something into the search bar sometimes it will take a couple seconds before anything pops up Could it be a virus Or maybe something else Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Free Space D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG SXG Antivirus None This all started when I got defraggler I defraggled everything I could find manually analyzing then slowly started degraggling chunks at a time because I didn t I get 60fps with games with highest graphics, but out of games, super super slow want to wait the day it said it would take to do a full defrag For some reason that seemed faster Before Defraggler I had to use low graphics in games and my computer ran fast I get 60fps with games with highest graphics, but out of games, super super slow Afterwards they switched Any help I don t have antivirus because I am I get 60fps with games with highest graphics, but out of games, super super slow very careful and don t go on suspicious websites I ve come to realize what quot suspicious quot websites look like nbsp

A:I get 60fps with games with highest graphics, but out of games, super super slow

ryry013

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista&#8482; Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2029 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 349999 MB, Free - 229081 MB (65% Free Space);
D: Total - 126937 MB, Free - 123889 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG33SXG2
Antivirus: NoneClick to expand...

'

OS: Vista is infamous for its constant annoyance to the user. This is somewhat unlikely, but it could be Vista slowing you down. I recommend upgrading to Win7 regardless.

Processor: The processor seems alright, so you're not having troubles there.

RAM: You may want to consider a RAM upgrade, as many applications (including games) do tend to stick around in memory until a restart. I'd have to say the lack of RAM is your issue. It shouldn't take much more, maybe another 1GB-2GB should fix it up.

Graphics: Nice graphics card, by the way. Beats mine ._.
AntiVirus: Well, the fact that you're careful on the Internet does NOT protect you from viruses. Not at all. I strongly recommend installing Avast! Also, I recommend installing MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and give your computer a nice scan with both of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-get-60fps-with-games-with-highest-graphics-but-out-of-games-super-super-slow.1057290/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all. I just bought a Sony DRU510a burner. I have a few questions:

1.) Does anyone know of some very thin printable labels to put on them once burned? I don't want anything thick that will bubble up.

2.) Can anyone recommend some good burning software that has a good feature set for adding menues?
Thanks in advance!

A:DVD Burning...

I would use sonix cd/dvd label kit. And there is no question on this if your trying to burn dvd's get the new dvd xpress v3.01 allows you to burn entire disc with menu's and all on one dvd. And another have to for burning music,games,data is nero 6 ultra awsome burning software.
Kyle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.163685/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a computer with vista....i am having a problem with making dvds...either i burn a dvd and everything does not burn...or i put in a dvd-rw it seems to make everything freeze up....i don't know if this is a problem with the type of dvd i'm using or the computer itself...i'm using nero 7 to make dvds(although i was using dvd flick and i encountered the same problem so i don't think it's the program)...any help would be appreciated greatly.

A:help with burning

Its important to defrag the drive before you burn the files not every time just check the defragmenter to see how fragmented the drive is moving large file deleting etc fragments the drive..i use nero7 and dvd flick (get the latest version) check performance in windows task manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-burning.773459/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Guys: just got DVD X COPY for my machine. There are no instructons with it , I would like to know if there is a site to read up on this program, the site they send you to is to buy more products from them.
In any of these DVD copy programs do they copy to CD-RW or CD-R or do you have to copy from a DVD to a DVD? I say this because I thought I had a go at it but it stopped when I place a CD-RW in th edrive for the second step.

Any Help would be helpful Thanks again Ellen

A:Burning DVD's

To back up a DVD film, you use DVD shrink to store the film on hardrive, then use Nero Burn or Roxio to copy the film in a DVD. Using DVD shrink, you could also change the total size of the film to the size of one CD, then you could use Nero to burn it on a CD. You could also want to try DVD Ripper to rip a DVD to a CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.224743/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm currently using WinXP Pro SP x and using CDBurnerXP My optical drive is Lite-On iHAP Burning .iso a DVD IDE DVD-RAM It's a DVD Multi Recorder drive labeled for DVD R DL and RW discs The iso file is GB and CDBurnerXP won't burn it because it won't fit the disc which is labeled as GB capacity Google search gave tons of results that say it's something to do with discs being Burning a .iso DVD labeled GB in the sense of GB MB whereas GB really is MB The iso file I'm trying to burn is an OS so it's supposed to fit a standard DVD - R disc I don't know anything about overburn never tried such feature before but still risked it and got same error saying the disc doesn't have enough space The discs I use are TDK - x GB DVD R and never before seen such an error come up with iso files this large Any suggestions Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place it seemed the most relevant here but maybe I'm wrong Thanks

A:Burning a .iso DVD

Is there anything non essential that can be removed from the .iso? I have had to do this a few times to fit a DVD. Other than burning to dual layer disk, maybe creating a bootable flash drive (or similar) to house the .iso data would be an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504688/burning-a-iso-dvd/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a brand new Dell E310 at home. I tryed to burn a DVD, and it said that there are copyright laws on the disc. Is there any ways that i can get around this?

A:DVD burning

Which programs are you using? DVD's contain content protection so you can't just drag the files off the DVD or do a disc to disc copy.

Check out these sites for info:
www.videohelp.com
www.doom9.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning.44466/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi can any one tell me how to find out if there is a cd burner on my system and how to burn cds if there is.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to burn a DVD of 9 video clips each at around 400Mb, all of them are AVI. I have put together a Menu, but its telling me that I can only fit 2 of these clips on. Whats the best format for burning to DVD? And does it change the format automatically to be a bigger file?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, someone please help. I have been using nero 6 to burn onto my old imation dvd+rw for a couple of years with no problems, then the other day tried to burn onto some new ones id bought but they wont burn. Tried the old ones again, and they do burn. Have tried using Roxio and Win dvd creator, neither of which were successful. Could it be that my burner[writemaster] doesnt recognise the new dvd's and I NEED TO BUY A NEWER BURNER.
Thanks Ian

A:dvd+rw burning

Check and see if there is a newer firmware available for your burner which supports a wider compatability of media. If not than stick to using media which works with your burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-burning.675113/
Relevancy 55.04%

Are there any power toys or shell extensions or other somesuch that allow DVD's to be burnt like CD's right from the Windows Explorer? Nero has been pissing me off lately and I don't want to shell out money if I don't have to.

A:Dvd Burning In Xp

In order to burn CD's that way, you need an extra bit of software. Turns out InCD, which comes with Nero, is that software. If you have InCD, you should be able to drag files into a burnable folder. Make sure InCD is updated (from the Nero site) because a bug in it can prevent going into Safe Mode.CD Burner XP Pro is a program that can write to DVD's and CD's.Info on backup options here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50683/dvd-burning-in-xp/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm not sure this is the correct forum, but here goes: I have a movie on my hard drive that I would like to burn to a DVD that will play on my DVD player through my TV. Is this possible? And if so, could someone outline the steps for me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.772267/
Relevancy 55.04%

I know about the difference between CD-R and CD-RW but when I tried to continue adding audio files to a half full CD-R I discovered it was 'closed' so I couldn't do it. Is there a way around this so I can fill a disc over a period. and does this limitation only apply to audio files or data files as well? The documentation with the drive is a bit vague on this topic. Is there any way to open a closed CD-R?

Thanks.

A:Burning CDs HELP!!!

Once the session is closed, that's it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds-help.131386/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a Radeon X1800XL and it is running at a mind bogling average temp of 87 C. Catalyst says it's running at about Mid-Level High and I've checked the card and the fan is running. Sometimes Catalyst gliches and says it's about 30 C. Any ideas of what to do /or what's happening? The card doesn't glich or anything but I'd rather not burn it out.

A:Burning Up

87C doesn't sound good even for a high performance card.
If I were you I'd first try to update to the newest catalyst drivers as it could just be buggy drivers displaying wrong temps, but it could allso be that the sensor on the card isn't very precise or has a very high bias.

Another reason for a high temp could be that you don't have enough airflow inside your case, try removing the side panel from the case and see if that helps.
If it does then you do have an airflow problem and should consider installing exstra fans inside your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up.41441/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently when burning some CD's i hear a fuzzing noise on my car stereo. I've tried these CD's in at least 5 other CD players and they sound fine. I'm using Verbatim Data life plus and burning at 16x. My question is whether it's the Cd's or my cd player?I think its my Cd player but don't understand why. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Burning CD's

there's an easy one..do you hear the fuzzy sound with regular, not burned cds? if not, then of course it's your cdrs. if that's the case, use a different brand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.117961/