Windows Support Forum

lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

Q: lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

Hello sagarap and welcome to the forum! How did you create the pendrive, from an ISO and where from? Any errors during installation? What OS was on it before? After install did you make sure the BIOS was set to boot from the hard drive?

Some more info would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50807-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 86.8%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

There is a separate Windows 8 forum. Since this is a Windows 8 issue, best to post there.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339381-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I Just brought a brand new Lenovo G570 laptop and was browsing the internet using wireless usb stick from a provider and my battery drained out and when I connected my power cord back up, the Laptop re booted and since then I am having an issue. The PC beeps a booting and asks for a OS selection highlighting windows 7 as the OS and waits for me to select it.

How can I fix this issue. I tried startup recovery using finction f8 and that did not help.

A:Lenovo G570 beeps when booting and waits for OS selection

hi and welcome to the forums please have a read of brinks tutorial How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7

Quote:
Startup Repair is a Windows 7 system recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files (ex: MBR boot file), that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. This will show you how to run Startup Repair to allow it to scan your Windows 7 computer for a startup problem and try to fix it so your computer can start correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246550-lenovo-g570-beeps-when-booting-waits-os-selection.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all My first time posting to a forum like this usually I just read existing responses Lenovo new G570 freezes Windows 7 Frequent on but this time my skills have failed me I got a new Lenovo G which Frequent Windows 7 freezes on new Lenovo G570 has been frequently freezing up requiring a restart Frequency varies from every minutes Frequent Windows 7 freezes on new Lenovo G570 to a few hours in a wide variety of states and activities sometimes even while installing updates at shutdown Computer use seems to make it slightly worse It can sit for hours or more without problem if nothing is done right after boot or if firefox is just up and sitting there With Windows Media Player going it lasts about or hours maybe This is with me not interacting with it at all When I do it lasts much longer if I use the touchpad and leave the USB mouse unconnected I'm using Win Home Premium bit OEM from Lenovo I reinstalled it once using the system recovery utility from Lenovo OneKey Recovery Performance is good right up until the point of the freeze when everything immediately halts Sounds will become a near constant tone The computer does not automatically restart or show any error screen My great appreciation for any help with this ETA I also ran it in safe mode for a day simultaneously using WMP Open Office and USB mouse and there were no problems

A:Frequent Windows 7 freezes on new Lenovo G570

I see an AfaTech device on your system that is out of date. It is also a USB device, possibly a TV Tuner?

This may be contributing to your crashes. Remove it and go through the following steps:Start with USB Driver - General Fix for Problems to resolve the USB issues. Also, USB ports can sometimes enter a safe power state to protect the system from power surges due to USB devices. To reset the USB ports to a nominal power state:
Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235066-frequent-windows-7-freezes-new-lenovo-g570.html
Relevancy 76.97%

EDIT Moved to appropriaye forum Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal LogsHi Brand new computer as a gift to myself Computer was Brand G570 Virus Possible with 7 New Lenovo Windows working fine until a week ago Each day I notice something different Brand New Lenovo G570 Windows 7 Possible with Virus not working properly I changed the display settings and saved my changes in the control panel then noticed Brand New Lenovo G570 Windows 7 Possible with Virus an hour or two later the display reverted back to the old setting Safari is my default browser Extensions randomly turn Brand New Lenovo G570 Windows 7 Possible with Virus on and off When performing a search using Google Safari stalls and selects something other than what I selected Whenever I run HiJack This I get an error message For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file If any hijacked domains are in this file HiJack This may not be able to fix this Kaspersky Internet and Malwarebytes are installed for security Neither found any viruses or malware Below is my HiJack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows System spool drivers x WrtMon exeC Windows System spool drivers x WrtProc exeC Program Files x NewSoft Presto PageManager for EP PMSpeed exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeC Program Files x Lenovo YouCam YCMMirage exeC Program Files x Lenovo VeriFace PManage exeC Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exeC Program Files x Trend Micro RUBotted RUBottedGUI exeC Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVH EXEC Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared virtualization handler OfficeVirt exeC Program Files x Safari Safari exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support WebKit WebProcess exeC Users New Admin Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dllO - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeO - HKLM Run UpdateP GShortCut quot C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot SOFTWARE CyberLink Power Go quot O - HKLM Run YouCam Mirage quot C Program Files x Lenovo YouCam YCMMirage exe quot O - HKLM Run VeriFaceManager C Program Files x Lenovo VeriFace PManage exeO - HKLM Run UpdatePRCShortCut quot C Program Files Lenovo OneKey App OneKey Recovery MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files Lenovo OneKey App OneKey Recovery quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software Lenovo OneK... Read more

A:Brand New Lenovo G570 Windows 7 Possible with Virus

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/438661 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438661/brand-new-lenovo-g570-windows-7-possible-with-virus/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there,

I'm in desperate need of help - my laptop (lenovo G570) will not stay connected to the wifi at work. It'll connect for 5 minutes, then disconnect & not find the wifi network for about 15 minutes. The thing is, my phone & tablet stay connected permanently. This has been happening since I reinstalled Windows. I've tried switching the router off, unplugging it, and leaving it off for a few minutes, but that doesn't help. I've also been to the Lenovo support page to try find the drivers, but I don't know which ones to use.

A:Wifi drivers for lenovo G570 running Windows 7 Starter 32-bit

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Have you Installed any Drivers from the Lenovo Website ? ...

Have you ran Windows Updates recently ? ...
How does your Laptop perform when connected by Lan ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/365013-wifi-drivers-lenovo-g570-running-windows-7-starter-32-bit.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, My Lenovo G570 (Model no : 20079) has a 2 GB + 1 GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAMs in its slots now. I am planning to take off the 1 GB stick and replace it with a Corsair 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM to get an effective RAM of 10 GB. However, on checking various websites which lists G570, it is shown that maximum RAM capacity is 8GB, though the processor supports upto 16GB. I would like to get a clarification on this. Is it possible to upgrade it to >8GB? If not, why this difference between the max capacity of system and the proc?

A:Lenovo G570 RAM upgrade

Hi Arjun,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to inform you that the G570 Laptop supports only up to 8Gb of RAM and not more than that.

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-RAM-upgrade/td-p/1424505
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, I have the same Lenovo G570 with Pentium B960 CPU. My question is that can I upgrade to an i3 2310M, i5 2410M or i5 2520M? Are those CPU's compatible? do I have to flash some new BIOS or something

14625780_343228462678154_12281546_o.jpg ?145 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-CPU-Upgrade/td-p/3449716
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, I've been wondering why my Lenovo G570 keeps on beeping while booting. The beeping stops for a few seconds after the windows logo shows up while on startup. Is there any problem with the hardwares in it? Sometimes when I turn it on, it doesn't beep at all, but usually it does beep when I turn it on. So I don't know if there's anything loose inside my laptop, if I've got a problem with the hardware or is my charger and and power cord faulty. I've also tried reformatting it with windows 7 (32 bit) and since the laptop came from Japan with a windows 7 (32 bit) as well, it keeps saying not compatible upon installation. By the way I was reformatting it through USB. Any help on this please

A:My Lenovo G570 is beeping

By the way, the beeping pattern on my laptop is a constant 1-1-1-1-1-1 and so on.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/My-Lenovo-G570-is-beeping/td-p/1256225
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi G570/575 UsersThe LCD of my G570 (model 4334) is dead black. I have to use an external monitor which is connected to the D-sub (VGA port)  to view the screen. However, my Window 7 is corrupted and I need to reinstall the OS. But the boot menu does not appear on the external monitor, thus I could not change the boot sequence to make the DVD as the first boot device(the HD is the first boot device now).I was wondering if someone could help me the keystrokes needed to do the following:1. The keystrokes to make the external monitor display the boot menu, save and exit. If this not possible, then2. The keystrokes to change the first boot device to DVD, save and exit.Thanks a lot.Yiping 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/lenovo-G570-bios-password/td-p/3353645
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi G570/575 UsersThe LCD of my G570 (model 4334) is dead black. I have to use an external monitor which is connected to the D-sub (VGA port)  to view the screen. However, my Window 7 is corrupted and I need to reinstall the OS. But the boot menu does not appear on the external monitor, thus I could not change the boot sequence to make the DVD as the first boot device(the HD is the first boot device now).I was wondering if someone could help me the keystrokes needed to do the following:1. The keystrokes to make the external monitor display the boot menu, save and exit. If this not possible, then2. The keystrokes to change the first boot device to DVD, save and exit.Thanks a lot.Yiping 

A:lenovo G570 bios password

Hi Yiping , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You can try turning the pc on using the novo button .
Else if the display cannot project , you may have to blind map it , step by step .
It would be using InsydeH20 , initially use Novo button to turn on. 
2nd option to choose BIOS option so down arrow once.
As it now goes to the BIOS main tab by default , 4 tabs to the right so it will be 3 left arrow .
Follow thru with this example.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

*** edited note for additional link ***

You can use this BIOS simulator for G570 to accurately map the step.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-G570-bios-password/td-p/3353645
Relevancy 67.94%

The keyboard on my laptop has stopped functioning.  I tried connecting an external keyboard and it still won't complete words. Sometimes I have to hit a key 3 or 4 times to get it to work. Mostly it won't work at all. Suggestions?

A:My Lenovo G570 keyboard problem

Hi Anitajp , 

When did the issue started ? A system restore would be able to correct this as it most likely be triggered by an application change / registry / drivers setting since both external keyboard would be doing it. Just jump back to a previous working date , then apply appropriate security scan to make sure that it is not software related.

How about typing in a notepad then counter check in your email . 
Try doing safe mode and see if you are having same issue . 
If you pull out onscreen keyboard from ease of access , would you have the same problem?

You can also refresh your BIOS by shutting down your PC , unplug the adapter and remove the battery , Press and hold down the power button for 12 seconds and place the battery and ac charger back . 
Turn on using the Novo button instead of the power button to access BIOS , 
F9 to set to defaults , F10 save and exit.

Try these steps and update us how it is on your pc.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/My-Lenovo-G570-keyboard-problem/td-p/3311194
Relevancy 67.94%

Can I upgrade 1600mhz DDR3 ram in my Lenovo G570 instead of 1333mhz .or I use (4*4) Ram one is 1333mhz and one is 1600mhz ddr3 ram is would sopport my Laptop. Should I use both 1333mhz ddr3 or both 1600mhz DDR3 ram. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Can-I-upgrade-Ram-in-my-Lenovo-g570-4334/td-p/3325340
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, i have problem with installing graphich drivers for Ati radeon, my laptop don't see drivers, i was try download drivers from official site of lenovo g570 but is nothing to change. i was try download drivers from official site Ati but again same. Somebody have same problem ? I need help pls

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g570-graphic-problem/td-p/3457937
Relevancy 67.94%

The touchpad is not working.
I reinstalled Touchpad drivers from Lenovo website and it didnt help. I also
installed the Synaptics latest drivers but that didnt help either.

I reinstalled Windows 7 but that didnt help. Installed Windows 8, That didnt help either.

Clicking "Mouse" on "Control panel". gives me the message " Unable to connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver"

I'am currently using an external mouse. I also uninstalled the external mouse, rebooted, but Touchpad didnt work.
At some point the touchpad did work for a few minutes then stops working again. I also checked the touchpad connector and its all well connected

Any ideas?

A:Touchpad on Lenovo G570 Not Working

Is it enabled in the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-on-lenovo-g570-not-working.1109353/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have problem with my ATI HD 6300 not detected by windows even in Device Manager . I selected also Switchable graphics on BIOS but still not working .. please help me ! i've reinstalled windows to ... same problem help me guys

Untitled.png ?584 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-Amd-graphics-not-detected/td-p/3337932
Relevancy 67.94%

I set a Supervisor Password and an User Password for a Lenovo G570 Laptop, running an INSYDEH20 BIOS. Later I decided to exclude the passwords, so I entered in Setup press F2 and I selected Clear Password (something like this). Now when I turn on my laptop the message "Enter Current Password" appears. I put my old password... "invalid password", just press Enter... "invalid password" . I didn't forget the password, I just wanted to remove the password and now I don't know what's happening. How should I do for this matter?

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:lenovo G570 bios password

The issue was solved. I was using the numpad and when I put the password I used the numbers in "regular keyboard". I didn't know it's difference to digit a 9, for example, using the numpad and the "regular keyboard".

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-G570-bios-password/td-p/740559
Relevancy 67.94%

After several experiments,i came to know that there is a problem in my GPU(AMD RADEON HD 6370M),
but laptop is working fine on intel graphics(3000 series) only if radeon graphics driver and software is uninstalled from system.Im unable to play some games as its showing a message "Intel hd graphics family is not supported".
When i opened my laptop,i found that GPU is part of mother board.How can i replace it as there is problem with it?
If not,what should i do?Waitin for response Sf....
Thanks in advance....

A:How to replace GPU in Lenovo G570 laptop?

If its installed on the motherboard, the motherboard will have to be replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376611-how-replace-gpu-lenovo-g570-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I'm having some problems with my Lenovo G570 CD/DVD drive. It can no longer read DVDs or CDs, or eject. Also, it no longer appears under Start>Computer. Any advice?

A:Lenovo G570 DVD Drive Problems

Hi, you can check the device manager first if the dvd/cd is not on the list or if it shows its not installed properly.  If not installed properly or it shows an exclamation mark, right click it and uninstall it, then restart the computer to reinstall the dvd/cd driver. If it is unable to install properly or just doesn't show under mycomputer try this instead:1. Open regedit2. Try to remove the Upper & Lower filterGo to the following location in the registry :HKLM\system\currentcontol set\Control\class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}-----3. On the right panel look for Upperfilters or Lowerfilters and delete them.4. Restart the computer and check if dvd/cd driver is being installed5. if installation fails or is still not detected on mycomputer, its possible that the dvd/cd is faulty.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-DVD-Drive-Problems/td-p/935917
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello everyone,I have an issue with my lenovo g570 laptop, when I turned it on,but the screen show me nothing ! it's just blank, although the power is light and I can hear the sound of the fan working properly,I tried the power drain, checking the RAM but still not working. I also tried to connect it to an external monitor and it's working fine. Can anyone help me?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Blank-screen-on-lenovo-g570/td-p/3462397
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all, I have problem with my Lenovo G570, while i am using google chrome or visual studio my screen freezes, but not whole notebook, When screen freezes e.g. I can write anything on keyboard and all I need is reduce the window or minimize it and after that I can see what i was writing. Please can You help me with that? It is annoying! Thank You all.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo G570 Screen freezes

Hi Patrik,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

These tips and tricks disable various unnecessary and unneeded features of Chrome to allow the browser to load web pages faster. These include extensions, plugins and web apps you don?t need.

Disable Extensions:

Extensions provide extended functionalities to the browser. Chrome comes with few built-in plugins provided by Google (like Chrome PDF Viewer, Native Client, etc.), and may carry plugins by other software installed in your computer. Plugins, like extensions, can slow down the browser and clog memory and network resources.

To disable extensions you do not need:

Type ?http://chrome://extensions? in your Chrome?s location bar. Alternatively, you can go to Chrome?sOptions > More tools > Extensions.
Untick theEnabled to the extensions you want to disable, or click the Trash icon to delete the extension.

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-Screen-freezes/td-p/3308532
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer was running very slow so i redownloaded Windows 7, and after the download was complete i noticed that the wireless adapter my laptop used to have was no longer being recognized and no longer shows up if i search for it under the networking and sharing section of the control panel. Is there any way to get that adapter back to being recognized and usable?
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4039 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1795 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 431937 MB, Free - 412228 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 27450 MB; G: Total - 199 MB, Free - 157 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Base Board Product Name
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014, Not Updated

A:Lenovo G570 Thinkpad wireless adapter

Even if you were using Wi-Fi for the download it's probably just coincidence that something happened to the adapter immediately after the download completed. Do I have that right--that the download did complete?

Since you just downloaded Windows 7--I hope a genuine, not pirated, version--why are you trying to troubleshoot the adapter problem now instead of after a re-install of the OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g570-thinkpad-wireless-adapter.1116781/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Lenovo G laptop Win bit with a Synaptics touchpad I would like to permanently disable or disable when a USB mouse is plugged in This machine doesn't have a switch to turn off the touchpad and I never remember to hit Fn on G570 Touchpad Disabling Lenovo Laptop F until I screw up my typing because I dragged my thumb over the stupid touchpad I've tried programs that briefly Disabling Touchpad on Lenovo G570 Laptop shut off the touchpad when a key is pressed but they didn't work for two reasons one I often brush the touchpad before I hit a key and two my USB mouse also temporarily shuts off The only selection in the driver is to permanently turn it off but when I select that I get a popup saying quot You are about to disable the only active Synaptics pointing device quot That makes me doubly nervous since programs that shut off the touchpad also affect the mouse and I m afraid that if the touchpad is permanently turned off at the driver it will also permanently shut off the mouse effectively bricking my laptop Any suggestions

A:Disabling Touchpad on Lenovo G570 Laptop

Have you tried the method mentioned here,

Automatically Disable Touchpad - Lenovo Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/247524-disabling-touchpad-lenovo-g570-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Mod Edit:  Merged posts - Hamluis. I have two laptop computers borked by the MS update KB 2982791.  Asus G51V and Lenovo G570 The Lenovo will not start Windows nor Windows Safe Mode.: In startup repair I can access the command prompt window. It defaults to X: I cannot cd to any other drive. Within X: I find directories, including Windows, wherein is System32. I found and deleted the fntcache.dat.On restart,Windows would not start, same as before.I find several tutorials online, but they all lead me back to these steps. Thanks for your help.

A:Help recover from bad Win 7 update KB 2982791 - Lenovo G570

Hi,

- Select Repair your computer
- Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

Using the Command Prompt type this:

bcdedit | find /i "osdevice"

This command will display output similar to : os device partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive that your Windows installation is located.
Type the following command but make sure you adjust the D: to match the returned drive from the first command.

del D:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT

If the command above worked you will not see any error, if not please post the error.
After this Restart the computer and force windows to boot normally to see if you can access the Desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544949/help-recover-from-bad-win-7-update-kb-2982791-lenovo-g570/
Relevancy 67.08%
Relevancy 67.08%

A week ago I tried to install an upgrade for BIOS in my lenovo G570. But after installing the upgrade version, my laptop gets restart during displaying of windows logo and it continues until I remove the battery. Kindly need help...Thanking you in anticipation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-previous-bios-in-lenovo-g570.1169989/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello ... i have a problem on my G570 when i plug an Hard Drive the PC starting lags and slow like when i want to install windows it take up 20minutes to move from step to another please anyone can help me? i've tried resetting bios and everything i've changed the HDD to but nothing changes the PC still very slowwwww ...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G570-Slow-BOOT-amp-BIOS/td-p/3333309
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi folks I'm currently trying to ressurect my mother's win laptop from on Lenovo (bad_poll_header) startup preventing BSOD G570 a BSOD which is preventing startup Whilst I'm reasonably tech savvy Ex S W Developer I'm a Mac owner myself and not really used a Windows machine for the past years so I'm struggling somewhat to get anywhere Machine specs as far as I can gather from her original Amazon purchase Lenovo G -inch Laptop Intel Celeron B GHz GB RAM GB HDD Windows Home Premium -bit From what mum's told me the machine was working normally yesterday th and failed to start this morning On booting ever time it fails with a BSOD reporting a BAD POOL HEADER and an error code of x So far I've tried Startup Repair can't System restore back to the last saved restore point Automatic update weeks ago It will start in safe mode and I've tried disabling pretty much all the startup items but still no luck BSOD (bad_poll_header) preventing startup on Lenovo G570 That's about the limit of my trial amp error noodlings so far I'd appreciate any pointers on my next options Cheers Rich

A:BSOD (bad_poll_header) preventing startup on Lenovo G570

Welcome to the forum,

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Thu Sep 12 03:16:47.772 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.990
BugCheck 19, {22, fffff8a000800000, 1, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgldx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgldx64.sys
Probably caused by : avgldx64.sys ( avgldx64+7649 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_22
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Sep 11 23:50:09.692 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.910
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgldx64.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Sep 11 23:39:51.724 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.941
Debug session time: Wed Sep 11 23:29:28.632 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.849
Debug session time: Wed Sep 11 23:00:43.538 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.756
It seems that AVG is the cause of your BSOD's. Please uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
Follow this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

------------------------
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304567-bsod-bad_poll_header-preventing-startup-lenovo-g570.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I am running windows 8 on a lenovo yoga 2 pro, and suddenly, it won't boot. The power light will turn on, and the capslock and backlight work, but the screen doesn't work. It doesn't even show the Lenovo boot screen

A:Lenovo yoga 2 pro windows 8 not booting

Try and boot with charger plugged in. If this works try installing the latest updates you may have restart and install more than once so be patient. If this doesn't work check with your device maker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-yoga-2-pro-windows-8-not-booting.1135506/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,I'm trying to boot and install windows 7 on my lenovo touchpad running windows 8 at the moment. I'm booting from an external dvd drive because the thinkpad doesn't have an internal drive. It will start the boot process and load the windows files, then throw an "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and thne you can restart (0% complete) PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (WimFsf.sys)" error.I've tried booting from a USB drive as well and get the same results. I need to load windows 7 on 5 machines and only one has worked fine. I'm assuming it's a memory issue, but I haven't seen this error before when booting. Any tips?message edited by robkule422

A:PAGE FAULT when booting windows 7 (Lenovo laptop)

If you're getting that above error message, that's a blue screen error, which means you're booting to Windows and not to the DVD drive. What do you have selected as the boot order?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/page-fault-when-booting-windows-7-lenovo-laptop/18828.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear community!

I have problem instaling Windows 8 on my new Lenovo laptop G50-80. I received Lenovo CD with Windows 8, inserted that CD in DVD drive and placed DVD drive as first in boot priority.

The problem which I have is that my Lenovo doesn't load Windows 8, instead it goes every time to FREE DOS. What should I do?

Here are picture of BIOS settings:

Here is youtube video: https://youtu.be/jsvzpu5Qu1o

A:Problem with Installing Windows 8 from CD on my new Lenovo G50-80

We have a Sister Site that might be more helpful.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383127-problem-installing-windows-8-cd-my-new-lenovo-g50-80-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear community!

I have problem instaling Windows 8 on my new Lenovo laptop G50-80. I received Lenovo CD with Windows 8, inserted that CD in DVD drive and placed DVD drive as first in boot priority.

The problem which I have is that my Lenovo doesn't load Windows 8, instead it goes every time to FREE DOS. What should I do?

Here are picture of BIOS settings:

Here is youtube video: https://youtu.be/jsvzpu5Qu1o

A:Problem with Installing Windows 8 from CD on my new Lenovo

I don't think the DVD is what you think it is. Try booting it in a different computer to check it out.

Download a new Windows 8.1 ISO and use it instead: Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

I'd recommend creating a flash drive to install from rather than a DVD, faster install.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/71506-problem-installing-windows-8-cd-my-new-lenovo.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i bought my lenovo g50 series about a week ago and initially it had windows 10. Hell broke loose when i down graded to windows 7 and i don't know what to do. firstly the usb ports are not reading any usb drives, 2ndly the ear/head phone jack is not working and its really pissing me off. so can you please help me.......

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread.

A:Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

Hi mikemjscott , 

Did you manage to install the drivers from the support site.
Would you have the machine number from the sticker or check it from the parts lookup page.
Just keep your serial number confidential.

Update us as soon as convenient.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-70-issues-after-installing-Windows-7/td-p/3471431
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi my name is Kent nice to meet you So here i have this problem that i don't know what to do I Installing 7 up and windows Booting have my old motherboard its a Asus P S and i have some gig of ram its DDR So its done i got all the wire and stuff and i have build my simple computer and i reset the pins to so i was trying to install windows Ultimate bits And when the loading comes out it freeze and then restart by it self And i got a new Idea again my other computer have a windows on in I Installing and Booting up windows 7 went and remove it and put it on my other one The one that i just build well its works its loading well but then its freeze and then its restart again and again And now they want me to inserts the windows Cd to fix some stuff so i did put the windows Cd in it and it said it fix the problem so it restart the same problem over and over again Sorry for the long story I hope i WE can fix this Good luck not just me but you to take care all ways have a good day

A:Installing and Booting up windows 7

Hi this board was it originally for a xp system ? as the only thing I see on the asus site shows as xp ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P4S8X there are no win 7 drivers so you may have great difficulty in getting it to work with win 7,have you checked the hdd is fit to use ie run a diagnostic from the hdd maker support site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-and-booting-up-windows-7-a-570183.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have installed Windows 7 and then i installed Linux on an other partition of the Hard Disk
now i wanted to install windows Xp for some project work, i removed the linux(ubuntu) and installed the Xp on the same partition

the problem is that i am not able to see the option to boot Windows 7.

Please Help .....

A:Windows 7 Not Booting After Installing Xp

Here is a great tutorial on how to do what you are trying to do.

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101067-windows-7-not-booting-after-installing-xp.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello nbsp As stated in the subject Recently I have bought a Lenovo G - Laptop with preinstalled Windows It does not really fell into my liking so I have decided to format it and get back to Windows which I personally like far more And then the problems started However I try to instal Win I get the blue screen with this error code nbsp x A I have read about and it turns out that Win have some issues with the UEFI machines Here is what I have tried Updated bios on 7 PROBLE... Windows Installing Lenovo 64bit G50-30 to the nbsp A CN WW version Install it form original DVD as well form prepared USB drive Changing BIOS setting UEFI modes AHCI to Compatible Deafult Setting for Specific OS Changing USB mode from to Preparing bootable usb using Power ISO Utra Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLE... ISO and Rufus Installing Windows XP from original CD nbsp My ideas have not got any effects the blue screen with exactely the same message still appears It would be really great if somene can give any advice how to deal with it Solved Go to Solution

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLE...

hi Swistak1986,

Welcome to the Forums.

If you're planning to install Win7 in legacy (MBR) mode and you've already checked this thread, can you try the following steps and observe:

1. Boot into the BIOS and set the following settings:

Exit Tab:
OS Optimized Defaults = Win7 OS

When finished, hit Load default settings (just right above it) then set these additional settings:

Security Tab:
Secure Boot = Disabled

Boot Tab:
Boot Mode = Legacy
Boot Priority = Legacy First

2. When finished, hit Fn+F10 to save and exit and boot from the Win7 USB installer and observe if you can now install Win7 in legacy (MBR) mode.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Installing-Windows-7-64bit-on-Lenovo-G50-30-PROBLEM/td-p/2092992
Relevancy 54.18%

iI searched first on install problems with Netflix on Windows but all the threads were old and I was told suggested to open a new thread I purchased a Lenovo Yoga recently and have been enjoying it Still getting to get over the hump learning Windows I have two Windows machines which I am comfortable with but still honestly being a programmer I still LOVED Windows XP When I try to install the Netflix APP got the latest from Windows App site the first popup asks me for my Windows email account I do not have one I use Outlook gmail yahoo But even so there are no options on that pop up except to close Then the Netflix app install windows says working That goes on and on I have left it like that over night and it still never does the install Is there any trick to 10 Windows Yoga on with a Netflix 900 Installing Lenovo installing the Netflix app on Windows Right now the only way I can use Netflix is to bring up my browser and starting it that way

A:Installing Netflix on a Lenovo Yoga 900 with Windows 10

How about install Netflix online ?

Open your browser, search for Netflix > enter your email address and password etc etc.

That was what I did..... install Netflix on line instead of Windows Store.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/44292-installing-netflix-lenovo-yoga-900-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having difficulty installing Windows 7
on a Lenovo X260. I removed all the third party drivers using PowerShell using:
Mount Image
Mount-WindowsImage  -ImagePath
E:\sources\Install.wim -Index 1 -Path C:\mount
Get Third Party Drivers
Get-WindowsDrivers -Path c:\Mount2 |
Remove-WindowsDriver
Install Storage Drivers
Add-WindowsDriver -Path C:\Mount2 -Driver
c:\Drivers\win\IRST\X64 -Recurse
Unmount Image
Dismount-WindowsImage  -Path c:\mount2
-Save
When I booted
from the UFD and started the install it stopped at the stage where it trying to
copy the files to the Hard Drive since no devices were found for the destination I even browse the drivers on the Hard Drive (strange) and load it manually and it does not show me the SSD drive where I can install Windows 7. I would have thought that it
would copy the installation files to the SSD since I can browse to the existing install.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afd2de9f-5cda-42eb-acc2-eeb195faf113/installing-a-windows-7-64-bit-image-on-a-lenovo-x260?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 54.18%

Whenever I try to install Windows 7 on lenovo g50 30, bsod occurs. Windows 8.1 is pre installed on my laptop.

Pls help me. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383587-bsod-error-while-installing-windows-7-lenovo-g50-30-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Well this is a long story It started way back when my computer randomally decided to tell me that quot delay write failed quot and then i restarted my computer and it creeped along very slowly The startup took about minutes and everything after that was terrible I then found out about PIO mode and windows... PLEASE booting/installing Problem HELP! DMA mode which somehow my drive Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! switched from DMA to PIO all by itself So then i uninstalled it restarted and then it worked perfect Everything went smoothly Only this was a repetitive course i had to keep working with Every other week my computer would start to slow down and the same process happened Sometimes boot up time would be close to a half hour So then the other day i decided to put more memory in my system I only had mb and decided Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! to get another stick of the same and boost it up to a gb Only my computer wouldn t start when i put it in Wierd i thought So i took it back out and i had to refresh my bios by taking the battery out for a while and then booting it back up But now windows won t start It stays on the same loading screen that it used to take anywhere from minutes to a half hour and i let it sit there for hours and no progress I m running my Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! computer off a linux live cd right now Thats the only way i can make use of this machine I have two hard drives and i decided to try and do a fresh install on my back up hard drive So i unplugged the primary booted up with a new XP disc went through the install and then when it rebooted and was doing the REAL installation where it tells you about all the great new features and error message popped up It said quot windows is missing a component fatal error quot stuff like that so i went to the log and it said quot missing C i quot or something I can t remember the exact information but either way its missing something from the install how does that even happen So how should i go about doing a fresh install on my hard drive if i get that error PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP!

i'm sorry... the error was C:I386....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-installing-windows-please-help.521529/
Relevancy 53.75%

A few hours ago I used EasyBCD and deleted Windows entry from it still had a Windows loader entry Due Windows installing booting problems. and 7 to that now whenever I try to boot up Windows I get a BSOD right at the icon thinggy those lights Windows 7 installing and booting problems. BSOD Error message - gt x b I do have a USB flash with windows on it and I tried to use it in order to repair or reinstall When trying to repair it sais that It can t find any instalation of Windows When trying to install it finds no drives like partitions where to install it I have tried using the command prompt and I have found out that If i write diskpart and then list volume It only shows the USB Flash and no other partitions At this moment I m running this PC with Ubuntu I can access my old Windows files and move them around Also the ubuntu instalation doesn t see any Windows instalation out there I can only chose between Wipe everything and install Ubuntu or something else As far as I remember my partitions look like sda - MB I have no clue what this is but I guess it is due to EasyBCD or something sda - MB - the one Windows always makes sda - MB - Classic C drive the place where Windows is installed sda - D drive where I keep my files Here is some info I got from ubuntu What options do I have other than wiping the entire hard drive I want to save some information from the hard drive nbsp

A:Windows 7 installing and booting problems.

If you want to save info, use your Ubuntu to boot, and copy the files you want onto a USB memory stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installing-and-booting-problems.1120572/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I'm attempting to help Installing Problems and Booting Windows fix my friends computer its a Gateway NV series running windows not sure what the model number is The problem is when I try to boot the computer I get a window saying quot Start Up Repair Windows cannot repair this computer automatically If you have recenly attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you contiunue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Click finish to exit and shut down your computer quot There's two options above the FINISH and CANCEL buttons quot View diagnostic and repiar details quot which opens a window saying quot Startup repair diagnosis and repair log Last successful boot time some date number of repair attempts Session Details - System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of root causes quot and the other option is quot view advance options for system recovery and support quot but none of the options here do too much I was given a windows upgrade disc and a windows drivers and software disc I tried booting for the upgrade disc but that Problems Booting and Installing Windows didn't work So I downloaded a version of windows and burnt it to a dvd and tried to boot from that but that didnt work either So I tried to boot to ubuntu from the cd to backup all his files and that worked I need a way to get windows back on this computer please help

A:Problems Booting and Installing Windows

So you/your friend dont have the windows 7 installer disk or haven't created a repair disk ?

At that situation you may download Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs &#x2014; The NeoSmart Files .

Download the appropriate disk image that you need in this situation, burn it in a disk , and boot it up .... then follow these tutorials .

Startup Repair

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

These tutorials should work .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182343-problems-booting-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have tried installing windows 7 on my vista machine on a seperate partition, but once all setups are complete and win 7 is ready to load, the bootloader won't come up.

This is my friends win 7 disk and he claims to have installed it several times on a clean hard disk.
To get back into vista, I had to begin reinstalling windows 7, then before i boot into it for the first time to let it configure i went onto vista and formatted / removed entry in boot loader.

I have also tried running the "are you ready for windows 7?" application and it was fine with it.

I'm currently using my vista disk to system restore and get some luck out of that, but otherwise, I have no idea. Can anyone provide some advice?

A:Problem booting after installing windows 7

Hi this is a how to on dual booting windows vista and 7 http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-dua...s-7/2009/01/11

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-booting-after-installing-windows-7-a-424035.html
Relevancy 53.75%

have installed new hard drive western digital hddwd1916 to replace faulty c drive & tried to install windows 7. i am getting disc boot failure, insert system disc & press enter msg after switching off & on again hope you can help.thanks.

A:Problem Installing Windows 7 & Booting to DVD

Have you set your CD drive to be the first boot device in your BIOS setup page? Is the DVD you're using an original pressed CD or a DVD-R you burned?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-installing-windows-7-and-booting-to-dvd-597358.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

I have a problem installing windows 7 on my new windows 10 laptop. I find it very weird how I change settings in the BIOS to support all legacy stuff like windows 7 and I try to boot from USB all the way to dvd and nothing works. What I mean is when it is done booting, it says " No drivers were found" and there's not a hard drive for me to choose windows 7. It's weird though because there are windows 7 drivers on the official support page, yet I can't install it?

I just need to see a hard drive listed but nothing pops up, and yes I've formatted it already using diskpart.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393580-lenovo-flex-3-laptop-1580-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I noticed that new drivers were released for G580. The drivers (Lenovo Enegry Management Driver) canot install because when the installer starts up, it immediatelly closes. Do I have an issue somewhere? Windows 10 (1511, Build 10568.17)Lenovo G580 (20157)

A:Lenovo G580 Windows 10 ACPI Driver not installing?

hi acemod13,

I looked at the Lenovo Energy Management driver for Windows 10 and upon observing the installer behavior, it extract the ACPI driver files (58KB) to C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ACPIDriver (this may explain why the installer closes right after extracting).

If you're seing an Unknown Device in the Device Manager with an ACPI hardware ID (see image below) then try to update the driver manually and point it to the C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ACPIDriver folder
 - Sample image

If you're unable to see the driver files, I've uploaded them here.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-Windows-10-ACPI-Driver-not-installing/td-p/2220542
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone, pls I need your help to resolve the issue I'm having with  my HP Pavilion DV6000 PC, the problem started wih my laptop speaker, and I tried to make a system recovery to get the issue fixed but after the recovery I was asked to install a window cos it was runing on window 10. and while installing the window I mistakenly took the power adapter out from the laptop and it went off cos my battery is bad, I powered it on  and I have been trying to reinstall the window back but its not installing. this is the message its bringing up:

THE COMPUTER RESTARTED UNEXPECTEDLY OR ENCOUNTERED AN UNEXPECTED ERROR. WINDOWS INSTALLATION CANNOT PROCEED. TO INSTALL WINDOWS,CLCK OK TO RESTART THE COMPUTER, AND THEN RESTART THE INSTALLATION.

I have done what it says but still having the same issue, pls I need your asistant.  Thanks

A:laptop not booting after recently installing windows 10

treasureplant41 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your laptop no longer booting in Win10 and wanted to help.There's no telling how much damage you did by removing the power adapter, so let's hope the simple fix will work -- repairing the boot loader files. To do this, you will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.htmlYou will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair.  You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.If your PC then boots OK, you're good to go.  IF it does NOT boot, then more damage was done than the boot loader files. And, in that case, you would have to completely reinstall Win10 to get the PC working again, and while you CAN do that from the Win10 media you already made, since you can't boot into Windows, your only option is a clean-install, and THAT will erase everything on the PC and start clean.  So, the problem there is that you would have to copy off the files and data you want to save to an external drive or USB stick before you did the reinstall.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-not-booting-after-recently-installing-windows-10/td-p/5606313
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is giving out i am locking up regularly now i feel i have too many things installed on a vary small drive to pinpoint the problem i have been neeeding a second hard drive for a while now i think its time The question is how can i boot off of one hard drive but install all my applications on the other as if i where booting my OS booting installing one drive, another windows things on on but off of a gb ssd just big enough for booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another the operating system but actually installing things on my second hard drive i am NOT getting an ssd unfortunately booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another i am not rady that was just an analogy hopfuly it got the point accross though i donot believe this is a form of dual booting which is what comes up when i search the issue your help is appreciated i already know an ssd will benifit me more than another hdd but i do not have enough room to support all my things and am closing in on gb left on booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another my hard drive that being said im looking at a terabit hdd at rpm i wont be changing up to a new one for a LONG time

A:booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another

Just install the operating system as usual, and when installing programs go into the advanced install options and change the location to where you install your program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230300-booting-windows-one-drive-but-installing-things-another.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Problem with everyone I have an Asus EEE PC PX running Windows XP which wouldn t boot displaying the following error Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt System Drivers Ntfs sys I researched a lot about this problem and concluded that the best thing would be a repair And so having no CD DVD drive I made a bootable USB Flash Drive with the Windows XP installation and slip streamed into it the SATA drivers However the screen showing me the currently installed OS and allowing me to repair it never displayed and so I couldn t make an automatic repair Therefore I tried Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP repairing the system using the Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Recovery Console Repair option The problem I encountered here was that while I Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP was able to rename ntfs sys into ntfs old I was given an Access is Denied when I tried to copy the new ntfs sys on the drive using this line copy D i ntfs sys C windows system drivers Therefore I gave up and made a format followed by a clean install of Windows XP encountering yet a new problem when the installation completed and the system restarted The new error message is now as follows Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file The solutions I read about involve yet again booting from the pen drive and making some amendments using the recovery console However I cannot do this since the error screen pops up as soon as I boot from my flash drive Can there be something wrong with my hard drive Or my XP Installation CD However I have installed windows from it several successful times I know that there are a lot of posts regarding these problems but neither of them seems to address my problem directly I really appreciate any help from you guys Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so the title explains it all. The booting time for any windows installation takes way too long. Does anyone know a fix for this. If there is none, its not that much of a big deal. But a fix would be nice. Also some windows programs take a while to also boot up their installation, like office 07.

A:Booting time for installing windows is very long?

Hi

Do a google on housekeeping for PC, its doing things like running msconfig, clearing the cache, IE file history, etc etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-time-for-installing-windows-is-very-long.136835/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I'm new to this forum and got the one due to need of formating the hard drive for following reason booting Installing at errors in 7 due Stucked windows to I was going to going to reinstall windows professional x version of windows in my laptop but during installation I got structed at the point where the earlier partitions are to be deleted and new ones are to be made I got the option from custom install to give the path for new C drive and others Here is the basic of problem the installation was taking very long time to delete my earlier partitions nearly mins So I derectly pressed the power button and shut down while the deletion of earlier C drive was going on my laptop eject the DVD on next boot but now nothing Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing was appearing after booting So I again tried to do the same installation but this time the installation was stucked at the windows icon 'Starting Windows' Icon Please help with this issue

A:Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing

You can boot to a command prompt using you W7 install disc. Command Prompt at Startup

After getting to the command prompt, you need to run Diskpart with the Clean option. Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

Next boot with the W7 disc and start the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253227-stucked-booting-windows-7-due-errors-installing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HI,
Yesterday i installed the windows update from Windows and slept. On the next day morinig i was not able to boot the system. Please help.

A:Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

Did this machine go into hibernation during the update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows7-not-booting-after-installing-windows-update.1074817/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone nbsp I have a Lenovo G and was quite happy with it Unfortunately I've had a Hard Drive crash totally my bad I've dropped the laptop on the floor nbsp Anyway I had to change my Hard Drive because I was having this message No bootable device ---Insert boot disk and press any key I How 7 - G570 Windows reinstall replacing ... to after still have this message with the new Hard Drive which is logical since I have to reinstall Windows but the problem is I don't have any sticker with the product key nbsp Does this mean that the Windows product key is inside the Bios How can I get it Should I contact Lenovo to get a new product key and pay for it nbsp A huge thank you to the person that will be able to help me with that can't wait to start using my Lenovo again nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

A:G570 - How to reinstall Windows 7 after replacing ...

Hi Luclessard,

Make sure it isn't under the battery.

Dave

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G570-How-to-reinstall-Windows-7-after-replacing-a-Hard-Drive/td-p/3325487
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,2-3 days ago I upgraded my G570 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I am sufferring from massively lengthened boot time. The first symptom is a black screen after seeing the Windows loading animation and PC manufacturer's logo, this black screen takes more than a 1 minute and 20 seconds.... I have two display adapters:1. AMD Radeon HD 6300m Series2. Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000(Drivers are updated, windows 64bit version 1511, update was released on April 2016)The second symptom:It Looks like windows always uses the last one while I think that the first is better, the max resoultion for my laptop screen isjust 1366*768The third symptom:I use SSD card and it seems like sometimes I have disruptions from my graphic card, seems like it's not smooth as before with windows 7.Wishing for your help..Shay

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G570-Windows-10-slow-boot/td-p/3343346
Relevancy 52.46%

I was trying to install a ubuntu distribution to my primary hard drive (along side Windows 7) and at 99% of copying files the setup reported there was not sufficient memory to install backtrack. I cannot boot back into windows 7 as the computer resets before getting past the boot screen (shows 'starting windows' as normal then the screen blacks and takes me back to BIOS).
this process loops unless I select windows repair option, which does not fix the problem.
The Backtrack live CD won't let me delete the new, half-installed partition, so therefore I cannot change the windows partition back to it's usual (small) size of 55GB.

All help would be appreciated as I need windows on my PC for work

Thank you to all in advance.

A:Installing linux distribution has stopped windows 7 booting

To Remove Linux take look at this post:
Error 0xc0000225 on boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203321-installing-linux-distribution-has-stopped-windows-7-booting.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having major issues lately with my HP Pavilion DV t laptop running Windows Professional The computer is about years old and has had no issues up until about two weeks ago At the time I started to have trouble loading windows The OS would often Even OS Computer stops the booting 7 Reformatting/Re-installing Windows After fail to load and generate a blue screen error Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS and reboot itself before the windows loading screens had completed cycling through Afterwards the PC would typically fail to start if I rebooted it again and instead prompt me to run windows repair and or system restore At first running those utilities would fix the issue and the computer would work again for a Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS day or two However I found that these problems would just start up again soon afterwards and that I was eventually unable to start up windows at all At this point I was even unable to even boot up safe mode The drivers for safe mode would start to load but then the loading sequence would eventually freeze up and nothing would happen often the computer would just crash after a few minutes After the PC tried to prompt me to do system repair a few times after crashing or producing a BSOD error it eventually would not work anymore and I would have no way to access windows It would also not let me conduct system restore after going through the routine of not loading windows a few times After I got to this point I decided to just go ahead and reformat the whole computer and reinstall windows from scratch Every other option I had such as repairing the current windows installation was not working at that point After I did this and re-installed the OS it appeared to fix the problem at first However the computer ended up having the same issues I had in the first place where windows would not load the not long after I had done a complete reformat reinstall It would then again prompt me to do a system repair system restore like I did before I reformatted the PC only to end up almost completely inoperable soon afterwards Since I first reformatted the PC I have done a reformat reinstall about times only to end up with the same result I should note that it appears that everything runs fine until I go to install the drivers for my ethernet wireless card which is the first driver I need after doing a full re-install Once I get connected to the internet the computer will crash following a BSOD error but then restart and act normal for a while It is not until the next day or about - hours after having the computer shutdown that it will not boot up into windows It doesn't seem to matter if I reboot or shutdown the computer multiple times soon after reformatting it I should also note that I have tried a number of anti-virus anti-spyware programs after re-installing windows to see if that may be causing the issue I ran superantispyware Malwarebytes anti-spyware anti-rootkit Kaspersky anti-rootkit CCleaner and Avast anti-virus but came up with no issues Does anyone think this is a software related issue or that this may be due to a hardware issue I feel that the computer wouldn't turn on at all or wouldn't let me re-install windows in the first place if it was a major hardware issue causing these problems Let me know what you think I could do to help get my PC to work again Thanks

A:Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS

Are you getting any error codes when the computer blue screens? Those would be helpful in narrowing down the cause of the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503134/computer-stops-booting-windows-7-even-after-reformattingre-installing-the-os/
Relevancy 49.88%

My Lenovo Laptop recently has stopped working.It turns on and everything, it just cannot boot up.The loading screen pops up and everything, but it won't go to the login screen.When I power the laptop on, it goes on the loading screen, and stays like that for a good 5-8 minutes, then gets an error message that says"Process1_Initialization_Failed"Then it tries to go into System Recovery, but after "Loading Files" it goes into the loading screen, then transitions into a black screen. There are no options, just a black screen.I wait for an hour, and absolutely nothing happens.I made sure nothing else is plugged in except for the Charger.The laptop is a Lenovo Y51.If you need anymore information, please ask. I really need this fixed soon.

A:Lenovo Y51 not booting

Hi Braniel64 , 

We are hoping that you have a recovery media to run repair if needed else using a rescue image to boot from so that you can try this process directed in this video. Similarly you may find suggested steps here . 

What version of Windows do you have (Win 7 / Win 8.1/ Win10) ?
Any data that you have not backed up yet ?

As you have described for a probable windows boot process issue , factory reset would offer as last option if the above repair steps fails. 

Update us how it goes .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y51-not-booting/td-p/3374333
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there'This is the first time this has ever happened since owning my laptop.i have pressed the novo button on the side'it then brings up the NOVO BUTTON MENU ( with options )Normal StartupBIOS SetupBoot MenuSystem Recovery Please help' which one do I choose and what do I do once I select that option!Thanks!  

A:Lenovo g50 not booting

I have since tried system recovery and it came back with a msg that system recovery failed.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-not-booting/td-p/3309184
Relevancy 49.88%

My dad purched me a Lenovo G50 for my graduation gift. Im pretty sure my warenty has expired and i need help.  So i was on today for a few hours, i shut it down like i normally would with the shut down button. I try to get back on a few hours later to try and check my emails. It dosnt work and cant start up my Windows 10. Now ive tried doing start up settings restart to get it to do save mode. It dosnt let me it juat goes back into "automatic repair" i dont know what else to do and wanting to throw it out. I need serious help. Like soon

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-not-booting-up/td-p/3427029
Relevancy 49.45%

Hidy ho all I have a Lenovo G s I bought in august Up to this point its been a great machine This morning I installed some updates from windows update around PM today I rebooted the machine because I had an hour break in between classes During that reboot it tried to install those updates and it said it failed After the failure it said it was reverting back to the prior state before the updates were installed It then rebooted again It got to the Lenovo splash screen and some little white text on the bottom of the screen has said for the booting Lenovo G505s not past half hour quot Updating your system quot with the windows little circle thing spinning around just above it I did try restarting it by holding down the power button but it came right back to this screen Google has turned up nothing yet Has anyone else had this issue Lenovo G505s not booting If so have they you been able to fix it nbsp

A:Lenovo G505s not booting

I think the quickest way around this issue is to let the OS try to install the updates it might take a while to do so(which is a pain) but I would wait because you don't want to mess up your system you might loose more than the time you will wait

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g505s-not-booting.1137792/
Relevancy 49.45%

My Computer data Lenovo G - Win already being installedMy problem Hey dudes I wanted to start my PC as always but instead of starting my GUI windows just showed me the message that Automatically reperation is being prepared I used to wait but after hours the computer stayed the same I decided to use the onekey recovery but instead of recovering the computer just showed me the lenovo sign and used to load The same procedure I used to wait hours but nothing changed After that I prepared an USB device and set win on it and wanted to let him boot from my device After having a lot of problems I found a page on the internet telling me to change to legacy mode and to disable secure boot Well done that and enter with Fn and F booting stuck while Lenovo G50-45 the boot menu Selected my USB device and he is really showing me a Win logo But and thats my problem he isnt doing anything else He is just showing me a loading circle with a big blue Win logo I dont know what I should do next Any Ideas around here I've heard that a Hardware issue could be possible isn't it While booting I pushed different Keys and heard one single loud Beeping Any ideas what I could do guys Would be really glad to hear from you nbsp - Greetings

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-stuck-while-booting/td-p/3353822
Relevancy 49.45%

My Computer data Lenovo G - Win already being installedMy problem Hey dudes I wanted to start my PC as always but instead of starting my GUI windows just showed me the message that Automatically reperation is booting stuck Lenovo while G50-45 being prepared I used to wait but after hours the computer stayed the same I decided to use the onekey recovery but instead of recovering the computer just showed me the lenovo sign and used to load The same procedure I used to wait hours but nothing changed After that I prepared an USB device and set win on it and wanted to let him boot from my device After having a lot of problems I found a page on the internet telling me to change to legacy mode and to disable secure boot Well done that and enter with Fn Lenovo G50-45 stuck while booting and F the boot menu Selected my USB device and he is really showing me a Win logo But and thats my problem he isnt doing anything else He is just showing me a loading circle with a Lenovo G50-45 stuck while booting big blue Win logo I dont know what I should do next Any Ideas around here I've heard that a Hardware issue could be possible isn't it While booting I pushed different Keys and heard one single loud Beeping Any ideas what I could do guys Would be really glad to hear from you nbsp - Greetings

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-stuck-while-booting/td-p/3353825
Relevancy 49.45%

I had G580 with Win10 updated from Win8. After disk replace to Samsung EVO 850 computer do not boot. Only LCD was turn on and it has silver color (background light only). When I put on it stock disk everythink run ok, but I can not access bios. Then I was remove BIOS battery to check if it will possible to access BIOS. From that moment is G580 black-screen, does not boot with stock HDD, do not install WIN10 from recovery DVD, restore button does not work, battery remove and turning on for resset does not working.. Nothig. Laptop turn ON but screen is black. Never happend this before with any laptop. I google and try almost every hint.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-do-not-booting/td-p/3413278
Relevancy 49.45%

So I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Z T CTO which I bought in It has served me well nbsp Yesterday it was working perfectly albeit with some exxtra high heating at the bottom close to - degrees Celcius nbsp Then I wanted to put in a new SSD into it So I took out Lenovo booting not Z61T the old HDD and then connected it and the other SSD via USB casing to another computer running a disk cloning software Tried it did not work nbsp Now I put back the old HDD into the Thinkpad it does not start up again at all Even the first screen which says Thinkpad press Blue button for recovery does not come up now Hard drive is not it since the screen does not switch on at ALL If it was HDD failure it would say something like HDD not detected nbsp But in this case it does not even show the initial Thinkpad screen nbsp So this may be a loose connection somewhere even though I did not remove the casing at all while removing the HDD nbsp Both times I removed and reattached the HDD with the power cable removed from the Thinkpad but the battery was still inside the chassis Short circuit nbsp Bad Someone help

A:Lenovo Z61T not booting

In case its not clear, when I press the power button, I do not arrive at the press Del to enter BIOS screen at all. No THINKPAD screen. Just black screen and no HDD activity

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Lenovo-Z61T-not-booting/td-p/1197731
Relevancy 48.59%

I cleaned the keyboard and packed the laptop, since then it's not booting. What are the possible reasons

A:Lenovo G450 laptop not booting

You need to give us a lot more details. What did you clean it with, when how.

and what do you mean "Packed up" the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g450-laptop-not-booting.1073619/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i have a Lenovo g50 that I purchased last year. It was working perfectly fine until today. As always, I turned on my laptop and waited for it to load. I went to get something and when I came back, it was still on the booting screen and the loading circle thing was still turning. I have Windows 10 running on this laptop. I restarted my laptop and the booting  screen came up again but it said Preparing Automatic Repair. I even tried to fix my bios thing as well but it didn't help. PLEASE HELP 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-stuck-on-booting-screen/td-p/3366870
Relevancy 48.59%

I turned my Lenovo laptop on Friday to see the usual splash Lenovo on start up and then nothing else happened it kept continually doing that and going no further Just so you know my laptop has no warranty left as I got it last Christmas second hand I have been looking at demonstration videos on booting Lenovo not 2 idea pad flex up you tube and what I have tried so far is I plugged in an external usb Lenovo idea pad flex 2 not booting up keyboard and got into bios and checked it was detecting my hard drive and it was The next step I did was disconnect internal power battery and did the hold of the power button for seconds to minute nbsp with the power cord connected only And it was still doing the same I then got advised to remove the cmos battery turn on laptop and then back off and put the battery back in This has also failed to work so now I am looking for help here as I don't know what to do next and am hoping someone here has a different suggestion for me to try and hopefully get my laptop back up and running Thank you in advance for any help given

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-idea-pad-flex-2-not-booting-up/td-p/3422243
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I bought my laptop with windows 7 pro , later i requested for windows 10 pro recovery and lenovo sent to me a 16GB USB recovery drive containing windows 10 pro version. Problem i am facing it i can not boot my laptop from this USB. As i checked there are window 10 pro files in USB but i can not see an iso image in the USB , and when i go to my system bios option make usb as first bootable device then boot the system it do not recognize that a bootable usb exits or boots from it. Kindly supportSnapshot of files in USB is attached

snapshot.JPG ?80 KB

A:Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd gen not booting from the Wind...

Boot into the BIOS.  Hit F9 to reset defaults.  Then, under startup, change to UEFI only.  Reboot.  Hit enter when you see tha splash screen, then F12.  Boot foom USB.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-X1-Carbon-3rd-gen-not-booting-from-the-Windows10-16GB-USB/td-p/3470149
Relevancy 48.59%

when i turn on the system it wont load,it just stays on 'lenovo screen' and it will start loadingwhen alt+ctrl+del is pressed then only it will boot 1. Scan for virus, etc.-------No virus found2. Run in command prompt with admin rights "sfc scannow". Do not include the quotation mark.----windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-Z510-BOOTING-PROBLEM/td-p/3336901
Relevancy 48.59%

Yesterday night 10 o Clock I have worked. then I close the my laptop again I open the same Laptop today morning 9 o clock it is showing blank screen what I do please help me thanks lot.

A:lenovo R61 LAPTOP not booting O/S WINXP

Do a system recovery or restore with the discs that came with PC make
And of course you had all your personal files backed up right?
if not pull the drive out and put it in another PC get them and then do the recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-r61-laptop-not-booting-o-s-winxp.749989/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a new laptop T60 from Lenovo.. When I boot the XP CD it blooads fine.. When I choose etither Repair or Install the OS, I got a message that there is no disks found in the computer...

I have being used fine and I am just trying to install a new XP in a new Primary partition cretaed with PQ/MAGIC..

Any suggestion? any changes on the BIOS?

Reginaldo

A:Booting the CD... Do not recognize Lenovo T60 HD drive?

rbarosa said:

I have a new laptop T60 from Lenovo.. When I boot the XP CD it blooads fine.. When I choose etither Repair or Install the OS, I got a message that there is no disks found in the computer...

I have being used fine and I am just trying to install a new XP in a new Primary partition cretaed with PQ/MAGIC..

Any suggestion? any changes on the BIOS?

Reginaldo Click to expand...

I solved the issue....
The S-ATA hard disk must be placed in &#8220;compatibility mode&#8221; using a BIOS function before
SuSE can be installed or used.

Otherwise the XP disk boor does not recognize the HD..
Reginaldo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-the-cd-do-not-recognize-lenovo-t60-hd-drive.501251/
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop Lenovo T430 is not turning on, when I press the power button only the the keyboard lit turns on and then everything is off, only the green light around the power button is on. I've searched and found tried to do the next steps but it didn't work :/ - shut down the computer.- disconnect the electricity- remove the battery- press the start button 20 secondsafter that,- connect the battery and the electricity and turn on the computer. PLease try to help me as this is very urgent for me please.Many Thanks for any kind assistance

A:Lenovo T430 Screen Won't Turn On and not booting u...

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to hear that your Lenovo ThinkPad T430 is not powering on.
Check if it's something to do with your AC adapter or battery. Insufficient power might cause some of those issues as well. Take the battery out and try to power on your laptop with the charger only. Make sure your laptop power jack and charger plug tip are securely connected. Try starting the laptop using good known AC adapter and battery.

Try connecting the device to an external monitor and check if it displays properly.

Please do let me know the happenings!

Best regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T430-Screen-Won-t-Turn-On-and-not-booting-up/td-p/1395489
Relevancy 48.16%

Good morning everybody I have bought my laptop year ago and everything was going ok i installed many programs Adobe illustrator and games PES and many others and i faced no problems One day my cousin used the laptop to watch a new movie but he forgot to charge the battery Ideapad Lenovo my Y560 problem with Booting during that time until the laptop shuts down alone due to empty battery On the next day i tried to Booting problem with my Lenovo Ideapad Y560 power on my laptop it starts normally until it reached the Windows logo it automatically shuts down I tried again for several times with the same result then a blue screen with white writings on it was displayed on the screen harddisk failure I bought a new Toshiba GB HDD and burned a new Windows Ultimate x DVD to install a fresh new copy of it but i have faced the following - when I power on the laptop it works normally - I press F to choose the device to boot from Boot from DVD - It starts normally and a windows screen appears with a loading bar It is filled quickly in the first time then a new screen appears with a loading bar starts to fill but after around of the loading bar is filled Booting problem with my Lenovo Ideapad Y560 the laptop shuts down I tried to restart it for several times with the same result I make the following points to try to restart the laptop but always with the same result - Remove the new HDD and then insert it - Remove the Rams and then insert them - Remove the battery and then insert it Laptop Description Lenovo IdeaPad Y Intel Core I GB Ram ATI Mobility Radeon HD Please I need your help in solving this problem ASAP and thanks in advance

A:Booting problem with my Lenovo Ideapad Y560

Hello Hasan and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please forgive me but I'm a little confused. You say:

Quote:
I bought a new Toshiba 500GB HDD and burned a new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DVD to install a fresh new copy of it but i have faced the following:
1- when I power on the laptop it works normally.
2- I press F12 to choose the device to boot from (Boot from DVD)
3- It starts normally and a windows 7 screen appears with a loading bar. It is filled quickly in the first time then a new screen appears with a loading bar starts to fill but after around 75% of the loading bar is filled the laptop shuts down.
I tried to restart it for several times with the same result.

- Are you replacing the original laptop hard drive with the new Toshiba or is the Toshiba an external USB hard drive?
- Are you trying to clean install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to the original laptop hard drive or to the new Toshiba?
- Where did you get the ISO file for Windows 7 Ultimate?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272977-booting-problem-my-lenovo-ideapad-y560.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I don't know which OS in on this unit, if it's 8 or 10 but when I power on the only screen I am seeing is the Boot Menu screen with 2 options showing exactly as below:

1; Windows Boot Manager
2. eMMC Card0: Sandisk iNAND 64gb

Any option I choose between those two then ENTER brings it back to that same screen, pressing ESC does the same thing. I tried F111 and F12 at power on to see if there is a recovery or reset option but only that boot screen shows up, help please?

A:Lenovo ideapad 100s-141BR not booting

It's ok, the HDD is shot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607868/lenovo-ideapad-100s-141br-not-booting/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Im new here. So yesterday instead shutting down my laptop what I did is sleep mode it. When I got home I tried turning on it but it didn't so I plugged my charger but my laptop didn't light up (showing that the charger is plugged in the laptop). Please help?

Thanks in advance

A:Lenovo ideapad z410 w8.1 not booting up after sleep

this is happening to me too.
Currently I disable bluetooth device,then renable it and it works till next time computer sleeps.
Last update did something to bluetooth.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/60206-lenovo-ideapad-z410-w8-1-not-booting-up-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all nbsp I have recently bought a Lenovo M p thinkcenter Desktop as an upgrade to my Desktop Lenovo not graphics with M91p booting new ... old i PC nbsp Old Spec is Lenovo M91p Desktop not booting with new graphics ... as follows Coolermaster Thunder W power supplyIntel DH HC motherboardi CPURadeon HIS HD Graphics card GB RAM GB HDDI have transferred my old GB HD and Power supply to the new Lenovo desktop and everything booted fine Then I installed x GB extra into the Lenovo M p Making it GB and upgraded the GB HDD Lenovo M91p Desktop not booting with new graphics ... to a TB nbsp So my new spec is as follows Coolermaster Thunder W power supplyLenovo Q motherboardi Ghz CPU GB RAM TB and GB HDDEverything Booted fine Then I tried to install my old Graphics card The Radeon HIS HD Graphics card All i got was a blank screen no beeps no BIOS Nothing At first i thought my power supply wasn't enough So i tested a W power supply in the pc Still nothing Then I thought the motherboards BIOS was outdated Updated it Still nothing I even tried updating the firmware of the graphics card Nothing The graphics card definitely works because I tested it in my old machine and it worked However I took my graphics card to my supplier and he tested it on another one of his PCs Didn't work there either My PC's BIOS doesn't have support for secure boot in case anyone wants to know I have run out of ideas now Any one able to help nbsp

A:Lenovo M91p Desktop not booting with new graphics ...

There's a white list of graphics cards the BIOS will recognize. The HD 7950 is a 180w card, well in excess of what the factory power supply can provide for (and the case/fans sufficient cooling for), and is not one that Lenovo would provide BIOS support for.

Use the search engine above to see what cards other owners have successfully used in their M91p.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Lenovo-M91p-Desktop-not-booting-with-new-graphics-card-Blank/td-p/3298066
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm attempting to boot to a Win7 DVD, but in BIOS I'm unable to set the boot priority to any type of optical drive. The BIOS boot devices menu is the same. I know I can use the USB tool, but that also didn't work. Is there any Lenovo BIOS patch I can apply, or an alternate solution to be able to boot to the optical drive?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Booting up from the optical drive on a Lenovo H430

Hi, On the Lenovo H505s you have to change a few options in the BIOS to install Windows 7 which requires booting from the optical drive. It's probably the same in the H430 Restart the computer at the white Lenovo (BIOS) screen, hit F1 to enter the BIOSGo to Security tabGo to Secure BootDisable Secure BootReset to setup modehit Yes to "Do you really wish to reset platform to setup mode?" Change the boot options to look for USB devices if you are installing from a flash drive, or make the DVD drive the first boot device. (Select SATA dev 1 not the DVD drive or whatever it's called and hit the - key) Go to the EXIT tabDisable OS Optimized DefaultsSave and Exit. That's now I did it on the H505s, not to sure what impact that has on the OEM installation of Win 8, probably destroys it, so be aware you might not be able to go back after. -Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Booting-up-from-the-optical-drive-on-a-Lenovo-H430/td-p/934349
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday I had this issue with my Lenovo R and I alredy solved but i want to post the solution on this forum for other people Blank booting up not / screen R400 Lenovo nbsp nbsp The ProblemMy laptop entered in hibernation mode and in the morning that i tried to turn it on it didnt I pushed the power button i see the lights Lenovo R400 not booting up / Blank screen of and A turned on and off twice but didnt show the boot screen The screen was nbsp blank doing Lenovo R400 not booting up / Blank screen nothing nbsp Solution Disconnect the power cable and battery and push the power button times and in the th push the button for seconds Connect power and push power button Then you can connect the battery nbsp Solution The one that helped me Removed the power cable the battery and the internal battery of CMOS and let it disconnected all for hours I dont now the exact time that it have to be disconected but i read a post saying maybe with few hours if enought nbsp Then you connect the cable and push F until beeps nbsp and turn on the Laptop to enter in Supervisor Mode to set date and time F and exit Connect the CMOS's battery and normal battery and is all nbsp WARNINGIf you reset the CMOS and the laptop have a Supervisor Password enabled and you dont have it nbsp you will be in big problems Mine laptop didnt have it I was luck because i didnt know it Without the Supervisor password you cant set the date time and the laptop wont boot again You will need to change the MotherBoard Or maybe you can find another solution but wont be easy So be carefull about this nbsp I hope this can help you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Lenovo-R400-not-booting-up-Blank-screen/td-p/3334415
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, please help me. Seems to have problem with Lenovo H420 bios uefi/legacy.Bought a new video card RX 480, PSU is 580 W and it is enough, tested on other system, card is working.Rx480 has bios switch but nothing happens, not booting. I read from other similar issues to change uefi/legacy settings, but in bios this Lenovo has no option.To upgrade bios Lenovo has no upgrade. What else can i do? Thanks for help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-H420-and-Graphic-card-RX-480-not-booting/td-p/3462720
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys, windows 7 unit which the owner says he suspects has virus but he also told me that his company checked for viruses but did not locate any, I ran a few virus scans but those did not produce anything. Symptoms are when I boot, it sometimes goes to windows but takes a long time and just doesn't get to the desktop, it is hanging after the logon screen. In safe mode it goes to desktop in normal time and laptop functions as normal, any ideas why it works as normal only in safe mode but can't reach the desktop in normal mode please?.

A:Lenovo B570 laptop booting problem

Some program or startup is causing the slowdown. You can do a clean boot and from there add services until you find the one causing the problem. It would be a good idea to disable your startup items also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578201/lenovo-b570-laptop-booting-problem/
Relevancy 48.16%

lenovo 480, windows 8, 2gb mem, 500 gb hdd.. when i power the laptop the boot menu always apppear, so i chose to boot on the hard drive but it will not continue to boot to the hard drive at will return to boot menu... so i check the hard drive by using hirem... and nothing error found....

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/boot-menu-always-appear-on-booting-lenovo-laptop/2243.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,today we updated new BIOS 9SKT94AUS to ThinkCentre M92p, previous state with Win7, we needed do upgrade to Win10.Now after BIOS update is device not booting, only thing we can do is access BIOS setting or choose boot device thru F12 or F1.We did:F9 (reset to default), CMOS reset (1-2/2-3 pin) - no change, UEFI/LEGACY - no changeLINUX (no change), Installation media (USB/DVD of W7, W8, W10, network boot) - no changeAfter choosing boot device directly we get when USB e.g. flash is inserted Lenovo logo hanging,when CD/DVD inserted underscore hanging.Anyone any ideas?Thanks,Tomas

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M92p-bios-9SKT94AUS-NOT-BOOTING-from-any/td-p/3334060
Relevancy 47.73%

Lenovo z500. Windows 10. When I turn on screen is black. Nothing showing. No cursor or flickering. Can hear computer Tring to boot and keyboard lights come on. Have tried pressing all function keys to no avail. I'm away for a conference and have no tools to open up and remove battery. This happened yesterday but then when I randomly moved screen it came on, but problem reoccurring when I tried to boot up again. No amount of screen moving helping this time.  Has never happened before.  I had to put it through air port scanners yesterday during travel. Has never affected laptop before but I did read somewhere about a magnetic field perhaps affecting it but not sure what that means. Any help greatly appreciated as without it my presentation at this conference is screwed! Thanks! Tim

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z500-blank-screen-but-sounds-like-booting-up/td-p/3320463
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone nbsp I've had a Lenovo Y P with SLI m's for screen booting, Y510P on Lenovo startup blank not about year and months now weeks ago around the time I upgraded to Windows My laptop suddenly is unable to boot for the most part When I press power it hangs on the initial blank screen with no logo pop-up I have managed to get it to Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup boot before just simply by restarting over and over but it's been days and no luck now It Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup simply stays on a blank screen no backlight though the keyboard and power button light up nbsp Here are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot - gt Removed battery unplugged AC performed fleeting power removal by holding the power button for secs have done this multiple times - gt Removed RAM changed slots etc When there is Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup no RAM the machine will continuously reboot- gt Removed HDD reseated- gt Removed nd GPU When the nd GPU is plugged in the fan will try and spin every so often- gt Unplugged connectors to wi-fi module- gt Restarted many times- gt Pressed the NOVO button it simply brings it to the blank screen nbsp Any advice would be much appreciated The laptop itself is in good condition and has little physical ware Unfortunately it's no longer under warranty and I'm sure the cost of sending it in is quite high nbsp

A:Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup

If you boot without the HDD, what happens?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-not-booting-blank-screen-on-startup/td-p/2175693
Relevancy 47.3%

I am not able to update my VGA driver with any other than ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730. However when I boot having this driver keeps my screen blank till I have to reboot it in Safe Mode and choose Standard VGA driver.
I have attached my MiniDump folder with this thread.

What shall I do?

Note: I have downloaded latest drivers from Lenovo site. Used ATI Catalyst, AMD updates etc. but nothing resolved my issue.

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y560 shows blank screen after booting

I have the same issue - can anyone shed light on this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/246273-lenovo-ideapad-y560-shows-blank-screen-after-booting.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having an issue with our Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga's connecting to our MDT server When I boot to Windows PE and try to connect to the deployment share I No to Yoga Found Thinkpad Networking 12 Booting WinPE Devices When Help! Lenovo receive the message no networking devices found on this machine I was able to find a link to MDT drivers Help! Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12 No Networking Devices Found When Booting to WinPE on the Lenovo site https support lenovo com us en documents ht I have imported this driver into MDT and created a selection profile I have ensured that the driver is in the boot image I have also tried injecting the drivers manually while booted into PE Just for good measure I even tried the drivers for the Think Pro One Link Dock and Help! Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12 No Networking Devices Found When Booting to WinPE for the USB to ethernet dongle I have researched the web for solutions on this issue and tried all that I have found thus far Oh by the way I have even totally recreated the MDT server from scratch and I still have this issue with the Yoga I have other models of Lenovo computers and I can connect to the MDT server in PE on these machines Any advice or assistance would be highly appreciated as I am under the gun to get this up and working

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591499/help-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-12-no-networking-devices-found-when-booting-to-winpe/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I've been given a Lenovo Z laptop with little background information other than the fact that it refuses to boot A clean install is not an option at this point due to the personal information on the laptop When I turn on the laptop it displays the Lenovo sign then boots into a screen that says Windows Error Recovery I've been working through the troubleshooting guide here with little to no luck Here is what I encountered on each step everything black Trouble Laptop, Z570 Lenovo or booting screen hangs Using quot Last Known Good Configuration quot results Trouble booting Lenovo Z570 Laptop, everything hangs or black screen in a black screen that does not go away or change Using quot Repair your computer quot under Advanced Boot Options leads to a black screen If I try using a Windows installation disk the screen hangs on the initial quot Setup is starting quot screen indefinitely Using a repair disk gets farther- it lets me choose some settings but then hangs on a screen that says quot Searching for Windows Installations quot I'm not sure what a UEFI install is but I assume my hard disk is not UEFI because I did not see any options in the BIOS Edit I'm sure that the installation disk is not corrupted tried running it in another Windows laptop and it loaded without problems The hard drive is still detected in BIOS set up Trying the System Restore leads to a black screen As mentioned above the repair disk hangs on quot Searching for Windows Installations quot Booting into Safe Mode with Networking leads to a black screen Not available cannot run Safe Mode I created a bootable USB with Partition Wizard and I ended up on a screen that says quot Windows Error Recovery quot with two options Launch Startup Repair and Start Windows Normally Both options lead to a black screen Not available Partition Wizard does not run That is all I have tried so far Will try the remaining steps but not much hope left Does anyone have any suggestions Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381436-trouble-booting-lenovo-z570-laptop-everything-hangs-black-screen.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey
Im trying to install Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo G50-70 but it needs a driver to see the HDD (1TB disk)

Can some one help me to find the driver ??? I?ve been trying find it in Lenovo?s site but without any luck

A:Lenovo G50-70 - Installing W8.1 cannot detect HDD

Try here and choose storage and windows version.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/58943-lenovo-g50-70-installing-w8-1-cannot-detect-hdd.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've Lenovo G570 I want to know that I can install Win7 in UEFI on my laptop or not? I didn't see any UEFI option in my BIOS menu, please help me, the specs are:
Lenovo G570,
Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000

A:Installing WIN7 in UEFI on Lenovo-Help

I can't seem to find a page that gives any indication of what type of bios is has. But it will normally say on the top of the Bios menu page that it is a UEFI bios.

There will also be settings that mention UEFI, and if you use the Boot Device menu, you should see a DVD entry that is plain and one with a UEFI designation.

If you are trying to use a flash drive, it may need to be set up specifically to be able to boot UEFI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250194-installing-win7-uefi-lenovo-help.html