Windows Support Forum

Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC

Q: Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.27%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Im not able to find any windows important windows updates it gives me this code 0x80190194 and system cannot determine vulome of drive just before the welcome screen for my password please help.

A:Windows Update not able to find important updates 0x80190194

Are you saying that you are unable to actually load Windows to your profile?
What happens if you attempt to boot to either Safe Mode, or Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337502-windows-update-not-able-find-important-updates-0x80190194.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have just done a reinstall of the OEM Windows Any WGA hidden to updates" banner Update? important way in hide "you have nag Windows XP installation and it kindly offered to install WGA for me I declined as I don't want that spyware Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? on my computer but when I unchecked it from the update and checked the quot don't offer this update anymore quot option I now get a big yellow banner at the top of my Windows Update screen saying quot IMPORTANT You've Hidden Important Updates You've asked us not to show you one or more high-priority updates Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? but your computer might be at risk until they are installed quot Is there any way to get this quot reminder quot hidden First of all it's kind of shady of them to call this an quot important update quot and claim that WGA has anything to do with my computer being at risk but secondly if I've asked to not be shown it anymore why do they think it's any better to show me a big banner-ad reminding me that I've asked not to be shown it anymore Jeez Thanks for any assistance

A:Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update?

Description of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA)

It's pretty basic. The core of it is, they are a company that sells computer Operating System software and don't want to be ripped off. And to prevent rip-offs from updating beneficial security and other support they provide FREE, they require you run the WGA.

That isn't unreasonable.

Don't like it? Get Linux or whatever.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-hide-you-have-hidden-important-updates-wga-nag-banner-in-windows-update-543518.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop currently has all the default update setting checked so it installs important changing settings only--help? updates update to all optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to change the setting to install only important updates What are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates only But I only want to do that if it won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update changing update settings to important updates only--help? installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

A:changing update settings to important updates only--help?

I don't let it download anything myself, and I uncheck the box for give me recommended updates the same as important, these are my settings,

And with this tutorial I've set it to disable OS upgrades,

Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

Not sure if you have pro version, if you do you can use either method, if you just have the home version then you can only use option one.

I haven't had anything forced on me and I am in control of what gets downloaded, I install them all anyway except for silverlight and skype.

You have to do it manually but at least you know when and what you are installing.

I'm not sure there is setting that you are looking for, only install important updates doesn't seem be an option.

Separating the recommended from important by unchecking that box in the blue outline will give you only important updates in the important section.

As for the W10 update already downloaded, I think there is a way to get rid of it, I can't remember right now I'm sure someone else will come along with more info.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73821-changing-update-settings-important-updates-only-help.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My update settings changing only--help? updates important to laptop currently has all the default update setting checked so it installs all changing update settings to important updates only--help? optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to change the setting to install only important updates What are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates changing update settings to important updates only--help? only But I only want to do that if it changing update settings to important updates only--help? won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/changing-update-settings-to-important-updates-only-help-1091322.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My laptop currently settings update changing only--help? important to updates has all the default update setting checked so it installs all optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to changing update settings to important updates only--help? change the setting to install only important updates What changing update settings to important updates only--help? are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some changing update settings to important updates only--help? people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates only But I only want to do that if it won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

A:changing update settings to important updates only--help?

First of all, you don't need to Install Windows optional updates.
Secondly, you should change your Windows Update Setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

After you have changed the Windows Update Setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", Windows Update will search again for available updates.
When the search is complete, look for KB3035583, and hide this update.

The Disadvantage is that you have to manually search for Windows Updates.
But the Advantage is that you have more control of which of the Windows Updates is being Installed on your Laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604285/changing-update-settings-to-important-updates-only-help/
Relevancy 69.66%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 69.66%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Every one who read this Topic

My name is wez

i've been having this problem and havent been able to install important updates for around 5 months now and my pc aint functioning properly as the updates are needed .

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for me when i try to install them The green bar just keeps moving across and everything else stays the same no change no % goes
up

I dont understand why i cant install the updates iv'e done all the systym check it says its fine , i download the microsoft fix it and that found nothing , any one have any help ? Thanks in advance , need any more info just ask

A:Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

You apparently have a download problem. Check here whether there is something that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

Especially look at this one: The progress bar stops responding at 0 percent when you click "Download and install" There is a Fix-it download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/200189-important-windows-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

ther are still 88 important updates that needs to be installed on the 2 windows 8 pc 's i have in the internet shop.

how serious is this to the security of the 2 pc's ??

will this greatly affect the virus and malware vulnerability ??

thank you

all machines windows 8 64bit

A:88 important updates cannot install windows 8 how serious

Important enough I would say, if you are concerned about too many updates or have other concerns, you can pick and choose only security updates. Other way would be to have only important chosen to download and install. There are also some updates without which you will not be able to upgrade to W8.1. As computers are used in the internet shop, it's even more important to take advantage of any security improvement you can get your hands on.
I suppose you have set tight security on them and network, route etc. You can also ad: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: to guard against malware thru USB sticks if you allow customers to use them. Which other security measures have you taken ? AVs, soft/hard firewalls etc. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61206-88-important-updates-cannot-install-windows-8-how-serious.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I just restored my laptop to factory settings, windows update has now decided it wants to install 115 updates, 107 of which are 'important'. Is it necessary to install all of them? Can I get away with just getting the most recent ones? It wouldn't bother me but they will take an age to install and take up the best part of 1GB of disk space...

Thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a flag in the taskbar that says Windows could not check for updates automatically Important When I click the message a window for automatically could (Important) not Windows updates check opens with the following Windows could not search for Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) new updates An error ocurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F Windows Update encountered an unknown error It also gives me the option to try again and I did but it keeps giving me the same message I followed the first steps given to jbpaul who had the same message But it Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) didn t work and the system still gives me the same message I also tried looking for windir WindowsUpdate log logs but mine are different to jbpaul Can someone help me Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) Thanks a lot System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I currently have 25 Important and 5 Optional Windows Updates downloaded onto my computer, but when I restart/shut-down, the updates fail. It usually ends with the message "Windows update failure; reverting (or reconfiguring) changes" or something like that. Then I can log in and use my computer like normal.

I have been ignoring the issue since everything was working until recently. I have started to notice things are slower (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and updates for Avast and other programs seem to get stopped before they can begin. For example, Avast is now telling me I have no internet connection, even though I am watching youtube videos while I try to update Avast.

Please let me know how to get these updates to install properly. I hope that fixing them will also resolve some of my other issues.

Thanks

A:25 Important Windows Updates not Installing correctly

Hello,With Windows Update issues on the of first things to do is check for any corrupt system files/WU files, as these can be the often cause for WU to fail.Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.logSFC /SCANNOWClick on the button. Inside the search box type in CMDRight click on CMD => Choose Run as AdministratorInside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOWPlease wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.Convert CBS.log to CBS.txtClick on the button => Inside the search box copy and paste the following command:cmd /c copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"Press EnterOnce this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Please upload CBS.txt to this threadPlease Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562923/25-important-windows-updates-not-installing-correctly/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've noticed on a few systems in Windows Updates some important updates are unchecked by default, for example Internet Explorer 10 For Windows 7 x64-based systems and various updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7. Why is this and should I still install them? Why would they be important but not installed by default?

A:Sometimes important Windows Updates are unchecked by default

Depends on what your Windows Update settings are like. Mine is set to "notify" only, and every since update is unchecked by default.

.NET framework is kinda like a software that is required for other software to run ... e.g. "iOS v5 or higher is required to download and install Instagram on your iPhone"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sometimes-important-windows-updates-are-unchecked-by-default.193498/
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep getting this message from the Action center (Win7 Home Prem) - When I click on it to open it looks for Windows updates, if it finds any I can install no problem. After reboot, the message will appear again after a few minutes and tells me "Updates were installed: Never" but if I go to Update history it shows the current updates installed successfully. Using the troubleshooter it says: Windows Update error 0x80070005 but does not fix it. I have checked the services and reset the update settings, still get the error. The system has been scanned for Virus and malware (found some and cleaned). Any suggestion greatly appreciated!

A:Error: Windows could not check for updates automatically. (Important)

Hi bdiblik & welcome to sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

What scanners did you run?

What anti-virus, anti-malware programs do you have installed?

Post CheckSUR.log & CheckSUR.persist as well.

Auto tool to find and copy those to desktop attached.

If I can't resolve your issue, NoelDP certainly can.!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385095-error-windows-could-not-check-updates-automatically-important.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I seem to be having some issues here for updates check not (Important) Windows could automatically -V. Slow which I believe are linked to a recent failure to run updates There are two main issues I have the message in my Action centre - quot Windows could Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow not check for updates automatically Important quot which is a red flag item My laptop is now so Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow slow - as if something was completely consuming resources - that I cannot effectively run many of the solutions for self help Steps taken so far - a I ve tried to run the system restore to the earliest point available - hasnt fixed it b I ve tried malware scanners - no result c I ve Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow run my Microsoft security essential basic scan - I dont have capacity to run a full scan at present d I tried samsung recovery centre software on my machine - it tried to run the updates x the first was about files which failed on each one the send included about files which all failed they all had codes like - not sure if these are windows update numbers e Run scan disk at start up and deleted any crap out my temp files etc f Tried my windows recovery disk to reinstall windows as an update - failed due to lack of resources g I found seven forums and now trying the follow as recommended - DL'd SURT - run - didnt get past checking for installed update - I suspect due to lack of resources on my machine Run SFC Scan - got the following error - quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repairs service quot - I ve tried to st rt the windows module installer service but the following error came up - quot error - the specified module could not be found quot zipped CBS file its MB erm whats the score here cant upload it here due to file size I ve also tried to avoid using exclamation marks and writing help but its a real struggle as I m at the end of my tether Its worth noting that I did have a clear out after this failure to update happened and removed some programmes from the add remove programs menu in the control panel but I was sure that they were related to iTunes and other programmes I dont use anymore I suspected that system restore would solve any issues with this if that has caused the problem Note - I ve seen a few errors as I tried various things and one thats popped up a few times said something like ICACLS failed

A:Windows could not check for updates automatically (Important) -V. Slow

It sounds to me as if you have very limited free space on your machine?
You say you ran CHKDSK - let's have a look at the result of that, (and a few other things)...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380604-windows-could-not-check-updates-automatically-important-v-slow.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just uninstalled Office 2010 using the uninstaller and the Windows updater keeps installing important updates for it ~300 MB at a time. How do I stop this?

A:Windows keeps installing important updates for uninstalled Office 2010

Which uninstaller did you use? The one in control panel > programs and features or something else? If programs and features you could try using the official Microsoft Fix it tool.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

If still having issues you can try using the free 30 day trial version of Revo > forced uninstall option.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274552-windows-keeps-installing-important-updates-uninstalled-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all

When executing Windows Update, I experienced that one important update is not automatically selected to download and install.

I like to understand why this is?

Also I like to understand if I should always install all important updates, even the ones not by default selected?

In this example, the not selected update refers to MS09-054 security update. Is this a manual installed security update?
Does it not apply to me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

zx81

A:Windows Update, important update not selected

Not all users experience the issue that this update resolves. MS is providing you the oportunity to use the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" logic.

I applied the update even though I have no evidence that I need it. Yet.

Some updates will adversely affect some users. Not applying updates may adversely affect you.

What can you do? My advice - apply all updates. Unless you have a good reason not to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35094-windows-update-important-update-not-selected.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
I'am downloading very important files but I'm afraid that my computer might switch off because windows update gave me a notice that the computer will switch off after an update and the maximum amount of time you can postpone the computer to switch off is 4 hours (That's what I done). I will not be able to use the computer for more than 4 hours.
So this is what I did>> I think I turned windows update off by choosing the option of 'Never check for update (not recommended).

Now the question is> Will my computer switch off within 4 hours after I leave it?
If it will, then how can I make it not switch off.

PLEASE NOTE: The download is NOT resumable.
EDIT: I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you for reading.

A:[IMPORTANT] Windows Update

In my experience if you are still using the computer at the end of that 4 hours it will give you another warning and you will be able to postpone it again for another 4 hours. Then repeat process until the download is done. I am not sure if turning updates off will have stopped the countdown.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-windows-update-503478.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows Update has often put my system in some interesting situations and I truly never want to update ever again I recently reinstalled my system and the last time I did updates my system prompted me to restart and was instead left hanging on the quot shutting down quot message for an important? Windows Update Is hour forcing me to shut it down improperly Truth is I don't use any Microsoft apps except Windows Explorer and I only browse sites that I know are generally safe Instead of using Internet Explorer I use Firefox with NoScript Ghostery WOT Adblock Plus and I've even updated the main plugins Java etc I also have Malwarebytes and Norton as well I've also never Is Windows Update important? understood the importance of Is Windows Update important? driver updates either my system seems to run the same with or without them I'm even beginning to think that updating is causing my system to work harder in the background rather than when it was in factory condition but is this true So many questions

A:Is Windows Update important?

You have some good anti-malware software and keep Java updated, yet you fail to see the significance of keeping the operating system updated........??????

Fact : your system is more secure and runs better if the OS is updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/272922-windows-update-important.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error! (error 643) - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Win 8/64 bit ... how necessary is this update? i get notices but choose what i install - thanks in advance"
KB3095108 Updated APN database entry for Transatel (France, Worldwide) network for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73473-windows-update-kb3095108-important.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My PC has told me that there's an important Windows 7 update to install, but whenever I try, I'm told that the installation has failed.

Attached is the pop up I get with the details of the failure.

Any ideas how I can remedy the error? Thanks.

A:Can't install Important Windows Update

Hi try running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-important-windows-update-586406.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Forum,

One of my Windows updates (one of nine) failed earlier, but when I opened up my Update window again to see if I could retry, it doesn't give you the option to do it (first time in five years with this computer it has happened - ALL my updates have been successful). It shows the failed update in the Update History, but does not give you the option to install it again. How can I try to install that update again even though I can't locate the option to do it? Thank you.

A:One Important Windows Update Failed

There is usually a download from Microsoft's website.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300079-one-important-windows-update-failed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I'm new to this site, but am struggling with a windows update.  I have followed others' suggestions, and installed other Windows Updates from the same period one at a time, but this one always fails.  Someone suggested using malwarebytes and then trying again, but that didn't work either.  Anyone else found a solution to this problem?  

A:Windows Important Update KB2800095 will not instal

Maddylondon

What is your operating system, antivirus? What kind of error shows? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542389/windows-important-update-kb2800095-will-not-instal/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but when I click for more details, it just takes me to a page that's an advertisement to buy Windows 10. [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows] I don't want Windows 10 because I'm still using media center and one piece of hardware I don't want to buy again.

Does anyone know more about this update? When I check MSE, it says it's up to date.

A:Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but...

Can you take a screenshot of your windows update? That doesn't seem like a valid update number. Haven't seen that one on any of my systems. Google search doesn't bring up anything for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401125-windows-calls-kb3193414-update-important-but.html
Relevancy 59.34%

DO NOT let windows update dl and instal drivers for hardware devices such as video cards, sound cards automatically. If it detects an update for a device, go download it from the manufacturers website directly, (nvidea users, nvidea has a nice little auto-detect feature on their site so you cant get the wrong driver). only let windows update dl and install updates for microsoft products only.

A:IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WINDOWS 7 UPDATE USERS:

No problems here with NVIDIA, Realtek or IDT drivers installing via Windows Updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-notice-for-windows-7-update-users-566695.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have a problem with updates that try to install every time PC restart.
They give me everytime error code 80070490 and if I try to press Try again then give me error code 8024AFFF.
I try to solve the problem with Microsoft FixIt, then update was installed succesfully, but after restart they try to install it again (everytime the same update) and give the same error.

I found some solution on the net that not work for me:
1. Windows Update error 80070490
2. Error code 0x80070490 when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
3. Code Error 80070490 checking for Windows Updates - Microsoft Community

I not use first option becouse I not have original DVD, I have a PC with preinstalled system Windows 7 Home Premium.

Anyone have any ideo how to solve this problem?

A:Windows Important Security Update Error

Since it's 18 hours since you posted this with no response, I'd say it may be because you didn't provide the info that this forum requires. Run the SURT program, the sfc scan, and post the logs that are requested in the instructions found here:
Windows Update Posting Instructions
Hopefully then you get a better response. I'm new here too and just learning the ropes, BTW.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300059-windows-important-security-update-error.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have W7 Professional and 'Windows Update' shows 2 important updates.I click on update but it fails with error error code 800B0100. Clicking on 'get help' does not provide a solution. Can anyone help please?

A:Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

What are the 2 updates ?

Did you google the error code.

You could have newer versions of them, if it keeps up, just hide the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/358208-windows-update-shows-2-important-but-download-fails.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been having this same issue for over a year now and I can NOT find a solution. I registered today because I don't know what else to do.
I keep getting this notification "solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings" almost daily. The message says it's a security thing and even though I check the box everytime, I still get that message.

A:solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings

For that message to go away you must have Windows Update set to automatically download and install updates.
What WU setting do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343471-solve-pc-issues-1-important-message-change-windows-update-settings.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An   issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page.    Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically   diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair   many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics   Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues   that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for   easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH  CONNECTION.  HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.76%

As the title says, I have problems with Windows Update. I tried some fixes like: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components, Reset_Windows_Update_History, MicrosoftFixit50362 (which is a Microsoft Installer Fixer that couldn't install PowerShell), MicrosoftFixit50202. But what I really need is installing .NET Framework 4. I tried forcing it to install, installing it step by step, but it couldn't go further than .NET Framework 3.5. I need that Framework, the other updates don't really matter. And the interesting thing is that my antivirus doesn't say that Windows is not up-to-date, which is not normal, in ESET Smart Security, if Windows is not up-to-date.
If specs matter:
6 GB RAM
AMD Athlon ll X4 750K
AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR3
Vista SP2

cbs.txt:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jsoeje0nxt30g5u/cbs.txt

I don't know how to obtain CheckSUR.log.

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for Updates and can't install Updates manually

Hi antoniu200:

Many other Vista users have reported that Windows Update seems to get stuck at "Checking for updates..." for long periods of time, and this problem dates back to the August 2015 Patch Tuesday updates - see my screenshots in ScousaJAY's thread windows update just seems to hang while checking in the VistaForums. This month's December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates required a full hour on my machine before it finished the  "Checking for updates..." phase and finally presented a list of available updates, so you might want to try running a manual Windows Update and leaving your computer alone for an hour or so to see if it eventually runs to completion.

You might also want to read Nikilet's recent thread Updates were not configured correctly in that same forum.  Some Vista users, including myself, received an error message this month stating "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer" when they tried to install the December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates.  Six updates for the Vista OS and one cumulative update for IE9 were marked as "Failed" on my machine after Windows forced an automatic rollback and re-boot of my machine.  I re-ran Windows Update today and all Important updates that failed yesterday eventually installed successfully ("Checking for updates..." still took about one hour and I declined one Recommended update KB3112148 for Vista and one Optional update KB3106614 for Silverlight today) so the secret might be to install updates in smaller batches instead of trying to install all dozen or so available updates in a single update session.
-------------32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * IE9 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598963/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-and-cant-install-updates-manually/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm trying to add the latest updates on my Windows 8 (64-bit) laptop (Asus Q400A-BHI7N03) and the checking for updates... never completes. I've even tried leaving it over night with no success.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Windows Update never finds updates (Checking for updates never ends)

try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/394bc1f4-4afa-45b2-85d8-3b1bbd48b684/windows-update-never-finds-updates-checking-for-updates-never-ends?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

This a.m. I see there are a bunch of "Important" Win8.1 updates recommended (my Win update settings are to notify me, but to allow me to choose whether or not to download & install them.

Have there been any known issues / problems with these updates?

A:My latest "Important" Windows Updates notification

No problems for me, everything is back to normal

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53505-my-latest-important-windows-updates-notification.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Here's will 800B0100 not Code details: update. Important Error Update Vista another tricky one This important security update will not update It is only Kb Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem I have Norton installed Norton say it is Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 not a Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 virus Microsoft say pay us to fix it I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is This has been going on since November All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Vista SP and Windows Server SP x KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important A security issue has Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework Service Pack for Windows Vista Service Pack and Windows Server Service Pack October Just noticed this more recent one failed to update - Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for USB drivers October Help and Support Microsoft Support Any ideas please

A:Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

That error is not caused by a virus, it is caused by a file corruption
The readiness tool can correct the problem in many situations
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303686-vista-important-update-will-not-update-error-details-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 55.47%

be truthful to the public. I have been reading a lot about people ditching windows and going to Linux. I wonder why. wow I used to love and trust windows. now I don't know anymore. you all have become something other than wonderful like I used to think.
too bad. maybe I should learn Linux too. windows is probably a habit lots of people will learn to break. scary. Be honest about your updates. ty.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adfd864d-cfe8-4d34-8f4e-166e72a3a04a/why-cant-i-uninstall-an-update-todays-update-is-making-my-computer-act-unruly-i-hate-that-if?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

In the windows 8.1 pro windows update I tried to download and install all 92 important updates after it was thinking with the green bar moving from side to side instead start downloading the updates I got error:

Code 80248007 windows update ran into problem.

How can I solve it ?

A:Tried to install 92 important updates but get error why ?

Solved it with this tip: Open start and search for Action Center and then open troubleshooter there and run troubleshooter for Windows Update. Do these steps in the PC which you face the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66094-tried-install-92-important-updates-but-get-error-why.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I was wondering if anyone had problems with the installation of the new round of updates that just came from microsoft This is the list of them cum update for media ctr KB security update KB security update microsoft office updates new round on of info. important system KB security update microsoft office exel KB security update windows vista KB security update microsoft office system KB security update microsoft works important info. on new round of updates KB security update important info. on new round of updates microsoft office system KB windows malicious software removal tool KB security update windows vista KB update rollup for activeX killbits windows vista KB cum security update for IE KB security update microsoft office word KB The only thing I did was not install IE I still don't have that installed because I don't know if they fixed the problem with the web printing from HP The error was on a black screen with a red X on a reboot and it said AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE SETTING UP SYSTEM there was a string address but I didn't get that It also said the error was logged Does anyone know where I can find this log Should I do a system restore back After I hit enter my computer started up ok But I don't know what happened to my system files HELP please Addie

A:important info. on new round of updates

Do a system restore, disable any third party Anti-Virus program and try installing the updates. This is how I managed to solve my problem. HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231671-important-info-new-round-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been meaning to post about this for some time.

I don't understand why MS categorizes Microsoft Security Essentials updates as "optional". These should be rated important or critical.

Is everyone else using MSE experiencing this also - Or am I missing something in my update settings?

A:Why does MS not categorize MSE definition updates as important??

That is a good question to ask Microsoft. I am wondering too. Always check the optionals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/201629-why-does-ms-not-categorize-mse-definition-updates-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I know this is Patch Tuesday but 35. I am still working on a couple of issues resulting for some of the Optional Updates over the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing how the install for these goes.

I think I will wait a bit.

A:UNBELIEVABLE! 35 Important Updates Just Showed Up

See:

May 12th 2015 Windows Updates Security Bulletin Details

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65782-unbelievable-35-important-updates-just-showed-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Office 2013 - Important Updates

Manually download:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3039795

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53239-office-2013-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

...to go along with the RC that was released. Both IE8 related.

Relevancy 54.18%

So I don't really know any details of what malware I may have on my computer other than its symptoms and the likelihood that it came through utorrent which has since been taken off the computer Basically the problem began manifesting itself with the BSOD in Windows Vista Home Premium -bit I think I have taken care of that problem The remaining symptoms of the malware are that windows and windows defender cannot update itself Also I cannot download any or Cannot updates windows update anti-virus get update/download type of anti-virus update software or even the programs themselves The updates just say they were unsuccessful When I Cannot get windows update or update/download anti-virus updates attempt to do a manual install update of anti-virus or windows updates I get a quot cannot connect to webpage quot Sometimes I will be redirected from an anti-virus download site to a random unaffiliated site When I attempt to run a free online virus scan the update will not work and therefore there is no ability to scan Thanks for whatever help you can offer Eric Here is my DDS txt DDS Version - NTFSx Run by LeBlanc at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Users LeBlanc AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer HDDCameraMonitor exe C Windows ehome ehsched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehRecvr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files mozilla firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users LeBlanc Downloads dds com C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www espn go c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-get-windows-update-or-update-download-anti-virus-updates-330404.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I would like to delete the failed updates list in Windows 7 Update.  I have done this in the past but forget exactly the process.

I think you go to Windows Folder-Software Distribution.  After deleting everyhting in the folder., i think you are to restart the computer.  Once finished the list of updates in Windows Update will be cleared. 

Please correct if I am wrong.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:Failed Updates in Windows Update. Want to clear update list?

This is the way I suggest :

Go to start > type in cmd > right click at cmd.exe > Run as Administrator.

Type in "net stop WuAuServ" without quotes > hit enter.

Type in "start %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore" without quotes > hit enter. A folder will come up. Don't close that black window.

Rename file "DataStore" to "DataStoreold" without quotes.

Go to that black screen, Type in "net Start WuAuServ" without quotes > hit Enter. After it finished you can close it.

Now your Windows Update logs will now cleared.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504610/failed-updates-in-windows-update-want-to-clear-update-list/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, just wondering if I'm the only one to have noted that MS offers to install pending Windows Updates on the Safe Mode login screen in an identical fashion to normal mode.

...er.. did you notice the inconsistency?

Situation: Set Windows Updates to notify, not download. Require password to log in. With pending windows updates, go to safe mode. MS use exactly the same screen as in normal mode, including the notification of updates and instruction to go to PC Settings to install them.

...er.. but it's Safe Mode... please sir, I haven't got an internet connection...

Oops?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45677-important-updates-go-pc-settings-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been reading and Microsoft doesn't sound as effective nor even virus free.
Im looking for free anti-virus which ALL its function are enabled and same with a firewall.
I have a security problem and wonder how I can privately ask you for information on it.
You have most helpful forum.
Lyn

A:Missing wuaucpl.cpl.manifest. Are Updates really important

Consensus opinion here seems to indicate AVG Free is a very good anti-virus program and Sygate a compatible firewall. See the list of 'freeware replacements for common programs' here for other choices (also contains download links): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Fre...apps-t3616.html Also have a look in the Tutorials section for ways to keep your system secure on the internet.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Sim...rnet-tut82.htmlIt is essential to have Anti-Spyware: minimum requirement is AdawareSE, SpyBot S&D, and SpywareBlaster. Others may say you need even more. They compliment one another it doesn't matter how many you have. how I can privately ask you for informationYou could PM the site Admin. (just remember to call him 'sir' )Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17221/missing-wuaucplcplmanifest-are-updates-really-important/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ive had trouble with updating before but was under work corrupted/wont updates Important the impression it was due to malware issues malware has since been removed but there are quot important updates quot which will not work They are Update for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Jscript for Windows Vista KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack and NET Framework Family Update KB x Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows Windows XP Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server R KB I have downloaded and installed these numerous times but after reboot they pop back up as unsuccessful I've tried doing them one by one and also ive tried the standalone packages Important updates corrupted/wont work from microsoft After the malware was removed i downloaded and installed all at the same time and it appeared to work but on reboot i got quot Updates were not Important updates corrupted/wont work configured correctly Reverting changes Please do not turn off your computer quot I haven't seen this ever before and mentioned it to the member who was helping me with malware and they suggested the updates may be corrupted and that it will drive me nuts until i find a solution

A:Important updates corrupted/wont work

Have you downloaded them manually?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309108/important-updates-corruptedwont-work/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have tried downloading 2 important security updates (KB2446710 & KB2478662) and get the following error message Code 80070BC9.

I have tried rebooting in clean boot mode but still have the same message, can anyone help.

Thanks

A:Important updates not downloading (code 80070B9)

same problem occurs with optional update KB2830477

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326987-important-updates-not-downloading-code-80070b9.html
Relevancy 54.18%

There appears Ultimate working Vista "important updates" not to be eleven quot important updates quot that refuse to work i use windows updater and it says they are downloaded and installed then i reboot and it says 'configuring updates ect ' however after it says welcome and my desktop appears the windows update pops back up saying that thos important updates have failed and i must try again Ive done this times now to no avail i read a Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working post somewhere that sounded pretty much the same as mine with a solution but i cant find it so ive written this in the hope of finding some help Ive got vista ultimate bit ive uninstalled all unnecessary things and have up to date avira thanx to the guy who put me onto it it appears to work heaps better than avg these are the updates which keep failing -Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Security Update for Windows KB -Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack and NET Framework Family Update KB x -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Security Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB -Update for Windows Vista KB size Im hoping someone can help me in this other post the solution was that one of the updates had to be installed st before the rest would work which sounded pretty simple so hopefully this is a similiar problem

A:Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working

Try to download an install ONE update at a time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303077/vista-ultimate-important-updates-not-working/
Relevancy 54.18%

Computer says to restart to install important updates but when I restart no updates are installed and when I go to the check for updates folder it says your computer needs to restart to install updates.  Please help.  I've restarted several times. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627900/restart-your-computer-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

Shortly before christmas I dropped my laptop and damaged the HDD. I had to get it replaced and have windows reinstalled etc.

Now there are a lot of little things acting up, and I'm thinking it could be because supposedly important updates aren't installing.

I still get the sign next to shut down on the start menu, which suggests updates will be installed, but they're constantly coming up as failed.

This is my update history, and the highlights ones are commonly failing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh, and the error codes are all 8E5E03FB if that helps.

A:Since 'fix', laptop no longer installs important updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.

Please also post an MGADiag report - repair shops have an 'unfortunate' rep with reinstalling the OS.
we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275851-since-fix-laptop-no-longer-installs-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Having issues with getting a few updates to install on my new pc. Fresh install of Windows 7. the updates in question are:

KB2604115
KB2656373
KB2686831
KB2507618
KB2660649
KB2698365
KB2484033
KB2522422

I have tried numerous times to install these updates, sometimes resulting in a BSOD. A few of the updates have downloaded just fine but failed to install. The error code i get when trying to do the updates is 800B0100. Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Error Code 800B0100 8 important updates

Try this :
Windows Update - Reset
Also try running the attached tool.
And for the BSOD's follow this : http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250007-error-code-800b0100-8-important-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm looking for some help on this one.I just installed XP SP3 on my HP and everything appeared to go well. Then as directed I installed the additional security updates. However, everytime I click the "Turn Off Computer" button it will display the message to Click turn off to install important updates...... I have done this several times & the message keeps appearing. I've restored to the point following the SP3 install, no luck.I have also removed an SQL update (KB948109) which I thought may be the problem, still no luck.I can't seem to get rid of the message..... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Click Turn Off To Install Important Updates......

Turn off auto updates...at least, temporarily...and the issue should go away.Auto updating and WinUpdates have problems sometimes...I suppose that's why there's a WinUpdate troubleshooter, Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156961/click-turn-off-to-install-important-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I am not very technical.

We own 2 Windows 7 Home Premium PCs from Dell.

They are the same make and model number and same hardware specifications only difference is:
PC #1 runs TrendMicro Security and Office 2013 Professional (available for purchase through an employer).
PC #2 runs McAfee and Office 2013 Student.

The following 3 Microsoft Win 7 updates show as Important on PC #1 and Optional on PC #2:
KB2800095
KB2908783
KB2928562

Any idea why that is? Is there a problem with PC #2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:3 April Updates show as Important on 1 PC and Optional on another

I checked this one only, Event 55 when you copy an encrypted folder to EFS shared folder in Windows so if one is using EFS and the other not, it could be optional on the one that does not use EFS.

Nothing is wrong with either one, it depends on the software you have and how it's used that makes the updates Optional, Important or Critical.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331306-3-april-updates-show-important-1-pc-optional-another.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I haven't been able to install any updates since jan of this year I have been on the road for a few weeks and I tried update using update Can't updates windows or standalone install to figure out the problem once I got back When Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update a update is being installed it will stall we will say at I have looked in the log files and this is what I find From the Application Log Code Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update Faulting application name TrustedInstaller exe version time stamp x ce b Faulting module name wcp dll version time stamp x da Exception code x Fault offset x d a Faulting process id x ec Faulting application start time x ccf bae fccb Faulting application path C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe Faulting module path C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none ce c de cb f wcp dll Report Id a ff f - ae- e -a - fd From the setup log Code Windows update quot Update for Windows KB quot could not be installed because of error quot quot Command line quot quot C Windows system wusa exe quot quot C Users Les AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE KXQDWOEH Windows -KB -x msu quot quot When I try to run sfc now or verify only I get this error Code C Windows system gt sfc verifyonly Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation C Windows system gt I am stumped so any suggestions will be much appreciated Thanks Les

A:Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update

Try running the System Updates Readiness Tool.

This is the link for the 64-bit version: Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

This Microsoft article may help too: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/217328-cant-install-updates-using-windows-update-standalone-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm currently on holiday and am connected through an expensive 3G modem plan. Whenever I try to connect, Windows update starts to download files. Every now and then I need to update MSE virus defs but Windows update downloads files GRR! What do I do about this pest? I just disabled the windows update service which obviously prevented me from downloading MSE defs

A:How to stop Windows update from downloading updates when I update MSE

Have you tried setting Windows Update to not Download updates?
You could also set it to not check for updates while you are on holiday.
For MSE definitions, open MSE and update from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/241793-how-stop-windows-update-downloading-updates-when-i-update-mse.html
Relevancy 53.75%

After installing Windows Home Premium Upgrade on Windows to 7 fails update Update when running updates a new seagate g hdd on a Toshiba L Laptop with bit that had Vista with latest SP on a gb hdd then installing the sp the windows updater will not download and install updates As it Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates was I had to manually download the sp to a flash drive from my desktop and put it on the laptop Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates No problems there but was hoping it would solve the Update problem but didn't I get the Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates quot Fail quot error codes and F I have KB updates and not one of them will download and install Called MS help and for two days they had me try different things They even took control of the computer and couldn't figure it out I checked memory and did a chkdsk on the new HDD In desperation for trouble shooting I put the Vista HHD back in and ran updates with no problems at all then I reinstalled the G HHD I didn't have a BSOD at all But I downloaded and installed Microsoft Security Essentials and when I did that I would get the BSOD for what ever reason I had a hard time getting it uninstalled because as soon as you would start windows within a few seconds I would get the BSOD When I finally got the Security Essentials uninstalled the BSOD Went away Have no Idea what one had to do with the other I just want to get the updater to work Any Help Thanks

A:Windows 7 Update fails to update when running updates

AGB,

Quote:
After installing Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade on a new seagate 320 g hdd on a Toshiba L300 Laptop with 32 bit

What???

That makes zero sense.

one thing at a time.

Which computer do you want to install Win 7 on?

Do you have license?

One license = 1 machine.
1 machine = 1 license.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/240545-windows-7-update-fails-update-when-running-updates.html
Relevancy 53.32%

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS STILL AN ONGOING PROBLEM Thank you updates! Not not Browsers Internet installing important working! Hello my name is Shane So about a year ago I got a average gaming computer windows and all that jazz Here's the info Manufacturer Cybertron PC Processor AMD FX - Quad-Core Processor GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System If you Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working! need more info please ask So for about the first months I was really enjoying it Started to get on and off Living life leaving the Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working! computer for a while So over time I stopped using it and left it alone for about two whole months Didn't even turn it on at all I got carried away with sports Education and what not Than I try to get on my PC to maybe game a little after months of not being on once Everything runs normally on the start up I try to launch Google chrome and it just says oops Google chrome is not working It would show two windows and just stop the application So I look for updates and there are about of them of them wouldn't install So I make a new user and delete the old one Now I have internet explorer which won't even open These are the two updates Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x - based Systems MB Internet Explorer for windows for x -based Systems MB I'm not a computer genius but I think these updates are restricting me from launching Internet Explorer Please help If you need any more information please ask for it and I will be happy to provide you with it Again I'm not a windows genius Haha

A:Not installing important updates! Internet Browsers not working!

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558949/not-installing-important-updates-internet-browsers-not-working/
Relevancy 53.32%

Firstly If this is in the wrong section I apologize I'm & Installing 80004005 Help - Updates Errors 'Important' 80073712 new I've been trying to do these updates now for several months I get the same errors everytime and each time I turn off my PC i get quot installing updates quot I'll be honest I don't know what the updates are for or when they even do My computers working fine without the updates but it bugs me to know they're there and I can't do anything I have looked into it in the past but always ended up giving Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 up on it I joined the forum yesterday and The Guy member resolved my issue withing a couple of hours and his reply was the first one I'm not totally dumb with computers I know my way around one I've done graphic design before php mySQL c HTML Java CSS etc so I'm not 'blonde' as the UK would say Anyways back onto the error I've uploaded a couple of pictures I Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 get the error within about minutes of clicking to update so don't know where its going wrong When I click on 'Windows Update' first thing I see Around to minutes after clicking 'Install updates' I get this Review important updates Review optional updates I have clicked the quot get help with this error quot but then it brings the quot windows help quot box up showing completely different errors which are not any of the above Any Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712 help appreciated amp as said above sorry if its in wrong section just report it and I'm sure a moderator will move it to the correct section

A:Help Installing 'Important' Updates - Errors 80004005 & 80073712

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/283610-help-installing-important-updates-errors-80004005-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

To Windows Forum Community HELP I hope this is the correct place to post this If not please tell me which sub-forum successfully installing important 9 After lost updates, Internet have would be suitable I assumed I need help with the update as the problem occurred after I did important updates I read your suggestions so here is my responses All see step error codes Installed successfully so there are no error codes to report I cannot download SURT as there is now no Internet access since the updates were installed Details follow After having just installed on my Laptop i computer running OS x WIndows Professional---- important updates I always wait a while before doing that in case After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet something is wrong for others to find the error and make a patch These were from - - at least that is the date they were downloaded into the computer waiting for me to manually install them by pressing Install button on the shutdown box Of course I'm having trouble Everything went fine with the download installing process until I tried to use the web I tried many times using Windows Explorer but I also tried Chrome and lost all my prior browsing sessions which I try to retain as both IE and Chrom browsers said it could not find an internet connection It automatically launched the Windows troubleshooter or maybe I did it After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet I don't remember at this point Windows Troubleshooter says quot Troubleshooting has completed quot quot Troubleshooting After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found You can find the details below quot quot Problems found quot quot Diagnosis of the problem is not possible quot And worst of all the troubleshooter began all by itself as Windows announced quot this device is broken quot The Connection graph on right side task bar shows not only mine but all of my neighbor's wi fi connections saying all are working and says both of mine are working I have both wi fi regular quot quot and the newer quot quot band dual band wireless broadband connection I transferred back and forth between them and still I cannot get even the Microsoft com page to load Therefore how can I go to Microsoft com to search for quot solutions quot or ask for help It took a while to figure out how to get this message out to you my other computer is a old old Apple which of course is not allowed to visit and post on those Microsoft Community pages I was given several options by Windows troubleshooter contact a friend who Locally I'm the one people ask me about their computer problems Or go online and ask for help well that's impossible now Or contact the Microsoft Windows Community with my Apple computer no way I have restarted the laptop several times Tried even ctl alt del method and power button methods of suddenly cutting it off so maybe it would do a self-test or something to fix itself but comes back everytime with full bars on the internet symbol on the bottom task area yet says it cannot find the internet anymore I'm happy to know of your Forum which helped me in the past and hoping that someone out there can understand all of these English worded error messages without my usual screen shots or details as I cannot get the information off the computer other than by physically typing it here and guide me without remote access to the computer or tell me what to do to restore web access so I can fix this Unfortunately I can't quot telephone quot the web for help anymore like we used to do back in the dial up days Its all broadband cable only Thanks XP VM USER Sorry about the name I never thought about it I can't change my User name from last time and can't double register due to your rules about one registration per Email address apologies for the errant quot quot marks I am not using a word processor at all to post

A:After successfully installing 9 important updates, have lost Internet

I think your best route of action at this point is to do a system restore back to before it installed the updates; as those updates may not necessairly be suitable for your system. Just because microsoft puts out updates via windows update; doesnt always mean they are compatible with your system. I would do a system restore to before you updated all 9 items; and if you can; upload or post what those 9 items are and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/316112-after-successfully-installing-9-important-updates-have-lost-internet.html
Relevancy 53.32%

These updates won't download/install:

KB2570947 (368KB)
(tried downloading this by itself and it pauses on 34%)

KB2460011 (28.2MB)
KB2510690 (389MB)

Can anybody help?

A:Important updates not downloading - KB2570947, 2460011, 2510690

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Please check the information in this link.

Support for Microsoft Update technical problems - troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/187870-important-updates-not-downloading-kb2570947-2460011-2510690-a.html