Windows Support Forum

Closing an application

Q: Closing an application

I have just installed Windows 8 after years of using earlier versions of Windows. What I cannot work out is how to exit an application. Ridiculous, perhaps, but I haven't managed to find the answer. For example, if I open Mail I can't see any icon for closing it and have to exit via Task Manager. Same with Spider Solitaire. Are there hot keys to do this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Closing an application

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Closing an application

Assuming you have a mouse an keyboard you can hit Alt + F4, some apps don't recognize this command but you can see an active list of running apps on top left hand corner of screen and close them there. Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17436-closing-application.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been using a particular DOS application for years across various versions of REAL DOS and most versions of Windows through XP I currently run it interchangibly on computers primary on a Gateway laptop running XP Home Edition a application DOS Closing and also on a Gateway tower running Closing a DOS application Windows Media Center a variant of XP Pro The application is usually started using a shortcut that invokes a BAT file although I can and have also started its EXE file from w i a DOS command window or otherwise Normally the application is closed using its own method usually pressing Alt-X and following a prompt On the tower computer if I attempt to close the app by clicking on the X in the upper right corner or by shutting down Windows while the app is running I will get a prompt that it is running and have to shut the app before proceeding This used to occur on the laptop but hasn t perhaps for a year now I would rather always get the prompt so as to not shut the app accidentally Does anyone know what I can tweak to get this to work again on the laptop Thanks Bernie nbsp

A:Closing a DOS application

Oh that's that close idle tasks, or exit unresponsive programs automatically issue (although most actually want this to happen)
Seeming it's the opposite of what users normally want to do, I'm unsure (actually I could work out the registry key)
Just do a search on the above (idle tasks, close unresponsive programs) and work backwards from what's done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/closing-a-dos-application.121864/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am using WIndows 7 X64 and when closing ie8, I received an error

I followed the intructions to get a .dmp file to send u

You can configure Windows to create user-mode dumps. Create a System Restore Point first.

If you copy and paste the following in Notepad and save as a .reg file, then right-click the .reg file and select "Merge" to add to the registry, a .dmp file at the time iexplore.exe crashes should be created in the C:\CrashDumps folder:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\iexplore.exe]
"DumpFolder"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,43,00,72,00,61,00,73,00,68,00,44,00,75,\
00,6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00

and was able to take a .dmp file to send to u

Any help would be appreciated

Albert

A:IE8 crash when closing the application

Part of the error from manage and event logs is

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce79912
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x458d7696
Faulting process id: 0x12bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1f9869177f3d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: unknown

any help would be appreciated to understand why IE8 crashes

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/320547-ie8-crash-when-closing-application.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I ve had this problem for sometime now Using Windows anytime I close an application website game etc that has sound in it after hum with 7 sound closing application any - Windows i e music I get a hum from my speakers the same volume as the sound in the app this will stay on until I launch another app with sound Example if I m playing an AVI using windows media player and I stop the video berfore the end and close the media player I will get this quot Hummmmmmmmmm quot until I relaunch the media player or another application with sound If I allow the video to playout there is no hum But If I m playing a PC game when hum after closing any application with sound - Windows 7 I close the game I get the same problem Tried new drivers to no avail Please help Below is the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz hum after closing any application with sound - Windows 7 x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB O Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS MCP VT-PM Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Windows Media Player 11.

Vista Home Premium
SP2

After closing off the Windows Media Player application, the audio continues to play.

The wmplayer.exe process is still running in task manager and has to be ended to stop the audio.

Doing some research on the subject and I've found a few things regarding:

WMPSlideShowGadget.exe

And I do notice that this is running as well when wmplayer.exe won't stop.

I am not using any gadget/sidebar for WMP.

However my G15 Keyboard does have built in support for it. So wondering if that is affecting it.

It doesn't always happen either.. Sometimes it closes fine, others it doesn't.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wmp-process-not-ending-when-closing-application-414246.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For some reason or another when I close Firefox a thing pops up and it says The instruction at 0x65439789 referenced memory at 0x0000001c. The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program any help in fixing this error would be helpful

A:Application Error when Closing Firefox

This is likely caused by one of your addons. Try running FF in Safe Mode. If problem goes away, you will have to do some legwork to discover which addon is the problem.

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/294873-application-error-when-closing-firefox.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All,

can anyone help me out with this weird problem.

I have Desktop M/c. Which has WinXP installed with SP2.

This problem is very rare and very weired. When ever I open an application for the first time and closes it following a right click freezes the m/c for some seconds after that m/c comes to its real performance. I can not reproduce this problem with one application as it happens with any application including normal text file and it happens only for the first time I open the application. Next time if I do this it doesn't appear.

Please help me out as this is bugging me a lot.

Thanks!

A:WinXp right Click is slower after closing any application for the firsttime

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-right-click-is-slower-after-closing-any-application-for-the-firsttime.632678/
Relevancy 52.46%

Don't know what the following error is on about... I get it everytime I close this Warez P2P application that uses Ares network.

"The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c81eb33."

After I press enter it then gives, " Runtime Error 217 at 04341C81"

A:Get this strange error when closing Warez P2P application, can anyone translate:)?

It's a bug in the program. Serves you right using crap software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-this-strange-error-when-closing-warez-p2p-application-can-anyone-translate.50781/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi LaptopSpecs CLEVO P HMx / after Random BSOD's closing application loading Load when just Under i - QM GHz GB DDR nVIDIA GTX M GB DDR Realtek Random BSOD's when Under Load / just after closing loading application ALC OCZ Vertex - GB Seagate GB SataII Wireless Xbox adapter Problem I'm losing the will to live So im hoping that you can help Basically ive had this laptop since the start of the year Jan and have had various problems with it I sent it back to the seller and they replaced the GPU Had a faulty GPU originally causing all sorts of weird BSODs Spent a chunk Random BSOD's when Under Load / just after closing loading application of change sending it back to htem for repair Got it back and everything seemed good First set of BSODs were ESET NOD Related old version Random BSOD's when Under Load / just after closing loading application seemed to cause a BSOD whenever the Sandybridge CPU clocked down guessing it was to do with the SB CPU drops 'below' the minimum requirement for Win - and causes the issue Removed it and running Microsoft Security Essentials although it appears some reminents are still there - going to be running a removal tool ASAP Then i had a range of BSODs which were relating to the wireless card Intel Centrino ultimate-n after about a week of fiddling around with varying drivers and finally resorting to a 'driver update' tools which found a version which i couldnt find anywhere else and thats cured the problem known problem with this wifi card driver Narrowed the issue down originally as it only occurred when downloading from Steam MB s over WiFi would cause the BSOD Now thats fine and hunky dory i removed all the DMP files and started over Now Im randomly getting either IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION These are normally occurring when im playing F through Steam Issue is becoming a PITA When running Driver verifier dropping the FPS so that it was JUST playable I couldnt get the machine to BSOD F just did an AppCrash - which one ended could be relaunched I've ran Windows Memtest and Memtest for hours leaving memtest running for hr and not had any errors found at all Notes although in the conclusion bit it says remove dtsoftbus sys - its already been done Driver Verifier prevented boot with it installed Currently running the BETA Driver for the nVIDIA card always use the latest driver regardless of WHQL or BETA - and both the latest WHQL amp Latest BETA driver cause the issue All other drivers are upto date from what I can see Bluescreenview amp whocrashed results for the dumps are available at www matt k co uk bsod if that helps saves you time analysing the DMP files also the performance monitor report is saved there too as is a copy of Windows NT BSOD jcgriff Any help pinpointing this would be greatly appreciated Regards Matt P S feel free to be technical and ask things i've done so many tests and things ive forgotten what ive done really tbh I'm normally the 'go to' guy for problems with machines but this ones got me totally stumped

A:Random BSOD's when Under Load / just after closing loading application

Most this error code were Related to NETwNs64.sys Wireless WiFi Link Driver from Intel Corporation. I would re-install newest driver available.
Also I would remove the driver Related to dtsoftbus01.sys Virtual Bus Driver from DT Soft Ltd
as it like Daemon tools is often the cause of BSOD's.

None of these appear to have driver verifier enabled.

If you are overclocking or under volting I would stop AT LEAST TILL STABLE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228296-random-bsods-when-under-load-just-after-closing-loading-application.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm running Windows 8.1 on an HP EliteOne 800 TouchScreen Computer. I've currently got the system configured to automatically login to a particular user account and run IE in Kiosk Mode and I also have the On-Screen Keyboard docked at the bottom of the screen. I was able to prevent users from closing the keyboard with a little utility I found called "NoClose" but users can still minimize the keyboard or drag it around the screen. I want it to be locked in place so that no user will be able to close it, minimize it or move it around. Any thoughts on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-users-from-closing-moving-resizing-an-application.1143740/
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 36.55%

STOP c c initialize 145 to The oooo {application failed error. (0x STOP: 0000005). application properly oooo application error The application failed to initialize properly x Click OK to terminate application STOP: c oooo 145 {application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0x 0000005). The above message is what I receive when I run quot error check quot It was advised from the Microsoft website that I ran ERROR CHECK along with quot disk cleanup quot amp quot defrag quot analysis to see if the machine needs to be defragged I went along with the advised procedures by Microsoft because it was said that the computer would run faster I ve been STOP: c oooo 145 {application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0x 0000005). doing the ones that worked defrag analysis disk clean up amp CC Cleaner Along with those maintenance tasks I update all the definitions on the STOP: c oooo 145 {application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0x 0000005). malware software With the aforementioned error message problem with the lap top I also have a problem with Adobe Reader listed in another topic that I can t uninstall it without getting a Error message Then the one last problem is the cursor jumping around at random times when I am typing to either the forum or in a Word document I mention these other issues because I am not sure they re not related This is a DELL Inspiron Centrino I have another laptop a Inspiron with a P chip and it absolutely has no issues It hasn t even caught a virus I don t use it as much now but in the past I took it everywhere It is heavy amp the fan was on the bottom so I built a stand out of PVC pipe amp fittings It kept the laptop off of the surface so it could get air circulation to cool but just recently I thought that the Mother Board gave out I sent it in amp for I got the machine back running as good as ever

A:STOP: c oooo 145 {application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0x 0000005).

What steps are you taking to run the check?

That error seems to indicate a hard drive problem, which is why it was suggested to run chkdsk /r.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system. The command should execute, before booting into XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376174/stop-c-oooo-145-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0x-0000005/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi there -"explorer.exe Ok On The Application Terminate The Failed Properly Click To To (0xc0000022) Initialize Application) i am using windows XP home edition and cannot log in when i try i get the error message- quot Explorer exe The application failed to initialize -"explorer.exe The Application Failed To Initialize Properly (0xc0000022) Click On Ok To Terminate The Application) properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application and then a blank desktop appears Here is my HijackThis log please help me Thanks a lot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v -"explorer.exe The Application Failed To Initialize Properly (0xc0000022) Click On Ok To Terminate The Application) SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS SYSTEM Userinit exe cibbhbm exeO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run sachost C WINDOWS sachostx exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Ofklxw C WINDOWS SYSTEM mantec taskmgr exeO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll file missing O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dllO - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B SysProWmi Class - http support dell com systemprofiler SysPro CABO - DPF F B - E - D -A - B EB E MetaStreamCtl Class - https components viewpoint com MTSInstall od install htmlO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF DEDE- F- C- -FD AFC CC ActiveDataInfo Class - https www-secure symantec com techsupp as rl SymAData cabO - DPF - C D- D- DF-AAB FA Symantec SmartIssue - https www-secure symantec com techsupp as trl tgctlsi cabO - DPF - C D- D- DF-AAB FA Symantec Script Runner Class - https www-secure symantec com techsupp as trl tgctlsr c... Read more

A:-"explorer.exe The Application Failed To Initialize Properly (0xc0000022) Click On Ok To Terminate The Application)

This is my hijackthis log when I start hijack this through cntrl alt delete when I am at the blank desktop after I get th error... the previous post was in safe mdoeLogfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 9:01:31 PM, on 9/19/2006Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com/R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.comR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.comR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell.com/F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,cibbhbm.exeO3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sachost] C:\WINDOWS\sachostx.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /autoO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odlO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ofklxw] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\??mantec\taskmgr.exeO8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTMLO8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.htmlO8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.htmlO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dllO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dllO9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLLO9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Pr... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65913/explorerexe-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000022-click-on-ok-to-terminate-the-application/
Relevancy 36.55%

My original post was Initialize Services.exe Application Error. Failed The (0xc0000005)., Windows Application To Sp2 Professional Xp - in the Window XP Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005)., Windows Xp Professional Sp2 Pro discussion This is continuation from there as did not know if I needed to copy them over here This still happens when I start the machine Services exe - Application Error The Application Failed To Initialize xc Windows XP Professional SP Then it will take its time loading and if I try and install something it won t it will shut itself off and restart i think it has a mind of its on ok the following is what I have found today this will all be hand type as the floppy drive does not work the internet connection says it up in Task Monitor but to get online its not happening Last night I attempted to run Spy-Bot Search and Destroy it said I needed to load the definitions file but I have no online access so does anyone know how to update with out being online Here is what I started with Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005)., Windows Xp Professional Sp2 today Turn machine on Still get Services exe - Application Error Decided to uninstall some of the useless program that are no longer needed Here is list as follows and results Add amp Remove Programs Uninstall Dell DJ Explorer The Installshield Engine iKernel exe could not be launched The RPC server is unavailable Google Earth An Error - x ba has occurred while running setup Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications If the error still occurs please contact vendor Google http www keyhole comLiving Marine Aquarium Screen Saver The software was installed under an account with administrator rights You should log onto an account with administrator rights to uninstall this program Attempted to download from a CD Norton AntiBot setup en us Download would not startTask Manager - view- update speed--changed to low--then download from above Norton AntiBot started from CD Received- Windows Installer- The windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if windows installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Component Services- Services Local Services Unable to open service control manager database on ERROR This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object Avast Virus Cleaner Tool - ver Unicode Start as Restricted privileges running from CD amMemory scanning started No virus body found in memoryMemory scanning finished s File scanning stared C Program Files Symantec Live update ALUNOTIFY EXE file could not be scannedC Program Files Symantec Live update AUPDATE EXE file could not be scannedC Program Files Symantec Live update LUINFO INF file could not be scannedC Program Files Symantec Live update NDETECT EXE file could not be scannedC Windows repair default file could not be scannedC Windows repair security file could not be scannedC Windows system config AppEvent Evt file could not be scannedC Windows system config default sav file could not be scannedC Windows system config SecEvent Evt file could not be scannedC Windows system config software sav file could not be scannedC Windows system config SysEvent Evt file could not be scannedC Windows system config system sav file could not be scannedNo Virus body found File scanning finished files infected sec Drives scanned C Norton Antivirus file name NAV downloading from CDStart extracting files Received Install Program as other UserSome programs will not install correctly if you do not have administrative privileges on this computer If you know the password to an administrative account you can use that account to install the program Run the program as STILLION Ricky Run the program as the following user Tried First AdministratorDid not installTried Second Michelle account I created and ne... Read more

A:Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005)., Windows Xp Professional Sp2

Link to previous topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135040/servicesexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-0xc0000005/Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135297/servicesexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-0xc0000005-windows-xp-professional-sp2/
Relevancy 36.55%

On start up I get this error and a blank screen in safe mode and normal.I can get it to boot up by ctrl+alt+del,task manager,file,new task run,explorer.exe enter but it won't let me do any thing

A:userinit.exe-application error application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000022).

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnythedondon

On start up I get this error and a blank screen in safe mode and normal.I can get it to boot up by ctrl+alt+del,task manager,file,new task run,explorer.exe enter but it won't let me do any thing

I try do a system restore does not work regular and cmd
Internet does not work eather
I'm new at this so any detailed help wold be great

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/userinit-exe-application-error-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000022-581751.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files TV Expert ADTVScheduleAgent exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System ups exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files TV Expert ADTV exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME Karthik LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL terminate The ok application failed application the initialize to to properly(0xc0000142).Click http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunchR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000142).Click ok to terminate the application - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000142).Click ok to terminate the application - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dllO - HKLM Run C DOCUME Karthik LOCALS Temp abhhqq exeO - HKLM Run Regedit C WINDOWS system regedit exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKLM Policies Explorer Run O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exeO - Global Startup TV Expert Schedule Agent lnk C Program Files TV Expert ADTVScheduleAgent exeO - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htmO - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exeO - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exeO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messen... Read more

A:The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000142).Click ok to terminate the application

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302892/the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly0xc0000142click-ok-to-terminate-the-application/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Guy'shere i have a - Application to application : Explorer.EXE Error initialize (0xc0000142). The properly failed sony Vaio laptop and it is comming up with the following error everytime i log in extract from Eventvwr Event Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Type InformationEvent Source Application PopupEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer CSZ XWP Description Application popup Explorer EXE - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application I have run a virus scan used Adaware however i am continually recieving this upon logging in then CAD - gt taskmgr - gt new task - gt explorer Once this starts the machine is then usable this is machine wide happens on any profile System restore was not on it is now so unfortunatly no roll back option all windows updates and service packs have been applied Thanks in Advancehere are the Hijack this and RSIT logs Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Administrator at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON eEBAPI eEBSVC exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXEC PROGRA Sony WiseWan NOVATE NWAppService exeC PROGRA Sony WiseWan NOVATE NwAppLauncher exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Wirebird RSIT exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Administrator exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go ... Read more

A:Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182192/explorerexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000142/
Relevancy 36.55%

Sorry guys I m new here and I don t know much about computers so I decided to post this question here in General Chat Well this is the problem the application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application it pops up twice I ve researched this topic on Google and I have the OK the application. initialize failed to on terminate application (0xc0000005). properly to Click noticed a lot of other people have had the same problem the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. but I think this is a special case See whenever I turn on my laptop on everything the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. goes well and even gives me the option of selecting F to to configure things on the computer But when I get to the main page where I m supposed to log in this message pops up the application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application So then I try to click Ctrl Alt and Del to open up the task menu but nothing happens I noticed the keys are not unresponsive because when I click Caps Lock the little light flashes on So please can somebody help me out with this huge problem or is my laptop over and done with EDIT Moved to a more appropriate forumWe ll just assume XP-MG

A:the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I would prefer to move this topic to the OS forum that it relates to. Would you please let us know?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296756/the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000005-click-on-ok-to-terminate-the-application/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have seen several postings on this topic but it seems that every one is a little different so I am posting my dilemma I am sorry if I m posting in the wrong place As of about days ago several programs will not open to Application properly application. to terminate failed click initialize OK (0xc0000005). the Instead I get the error window that states quot The application failed to initialize Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). click OK to terminate the application. properly xc Click OK to terminate the application quot As far as I can tell this error message affects these programs Ultraplayer Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). click OK to terminate the application. Windows Media Player Sound Recorder Logitech Setpoint Quicktime Player Real One Message Center and Total Recorder My computer is a desktop HP Pavilion a n Windows XP Home Ed SP Windows updates are current Run Avast antivirus software and usually have Windows Firewall turned on Here s what I ve tried Tried to uninstall and reinstall several programs Uninstall usually won t happen Have tried new installs over the old but it doesn t quot take quot days ago - went back to a restore point Did no good Have run Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot Search amp Destroy several times including today May Today Ad-Aware found and removed a few items from the families of Cookies Win Trojan Spy and Win Tr per Delf Spybot found nothing today Have run CCleaner to clean up registry Ran Hijack This and saved the log I can post it if it is needed I ve considered reformatting the hard drive but really don t want to resort to that I don t know what else to do This is really frustrating Any help you can give will be much appreciated

A:Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). click OK to terminate the application.

Worth a look, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/217134Seems to be a fairly common and varying problem, http://www.google.com/search?q=the+applica...art=10&sa=NLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224009/application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000005-click-ok-to-terminate-the-application/
Relevancy 36.55%

Someone please help I was doing a system restore when the computer turned off when i rebooted it the next time i turned my laptop on it goes to the log on screen but when I click my name it begins to log on but 'This found. application problem the failed was this application because WININET.dll start may Re-installing fix not has to then an error message pops up titled Explorer EXE - Unable To Locate Component and it says This application has failed to start because WININET dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem So I click OK and all 'This application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem that shows 'This application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem up is my wallpaper No icons on the desktop no toolbar on the bottom no start menu no nothing just my picture I really don t have a clue what to do at all If anyone could give me clear instructions or any tips on how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated I have tried using the drivers disks to try to install but i cant access the dvd cd drive wont open the disk juast sits in the dvd cd drive as well please help plus now it laptop whn i try to boot it stays at the windows xp screen but does not want to go any further then scanning there its a acer aspire with widows xp professional sincerely frankp

A:'This application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

Hello frankp747,From what I read, the "Wininet.dll" error can be caused by software, hardware, or malware. Why were you performing a system restore? Have you tried to access Safe Mode?As the computer is booting, tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the "Advanced Boot Options" Menu.Use your arrow keys to move to "Last Known Good Configuration" then press the <Enter> key. Reboot the computer.If that doesn't work, try "Safe Mode."If Safe Mode loads then try to do a System Restore using a point before your troubles began. Click "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," "System Tools," "System Restore."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418054/this-application-has-failed-to-start-because-wininetdll-was-not-found-re-installing-the-application-may-fix-this-problem/
Relevancy 36.12%

This problem started around right after i upgraded my itunes after i proceded to restart the system as recommended and then i tried to go back on but got this message i cant get task manager to work it says its been disabled by an administrator even though i am the administrator same thing in safe mode please help i jus want my 910 songs back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161841/userinitexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0x0000005-click-on-ok-to-terminate-the-application/
Relevancy 36.12%

My comp wont start this comes up and only the desktop background will appear
i cant start task manager because it says it has been disable by an administrator but i am the administrator
same thing happens in safe mode

A:Userinit.exe-application Error , The Application Failed To Initialize Properly (0x0000005). Click On Ok To Terminate The Applic...

OMG everyone reads but no one responds

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161533/userinitexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0x0000005-click-on-ok-to-terminate-the-application/
Relevancy 36.12%

A user is getting a popup warning upon login (see event log entry below).

This started last friday and another Tech ran chkdsk and the user was able to print a few times before they left at end of day, not able to print today. I ran the chkdsk but no luck.

The print spooler service will not start, when forced the popup shows.

I have removed and replaced spoolsv.exe with no luck.

System info:
Dell Latitude D620
WinXP SP2
Printers are networked, HP 8150 and Kyocera Mita FS-3830

"
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 4/20/2009
Time: 9:02:47 AM
User: N/A
Computer: LCDL620DD*****
Description:
Application popup: spoolsv.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x6420125c" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".
"

A:Application popup: spoolsv.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x6420125c"

For these like this...a simple Google using the Event ID and Module...produces useful info.EventID.net is a very useful website for this kind of data.http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?app=EvL...&eventid=26Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220945/application-popup-spoolsvexe-application-error-the-instruction-at-0x6420125c/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi There

I have been given a friends computer to fix. The way he described it, it sounded like it was full of Malware etc, however I haven't been able to start it up as I get the following message appearing when I power it up.

userinit.exe - Application Error The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click ok...

This message appears twice, I then get the wallpaper of the computer up, but nothing else, no icons or task bar. I have tried a wee trip to safe mode but don't get anywhere from that either, just the same message.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers

Colin

A:userinit.exe - Application Error The Application failed to initialize properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/userinit-exe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly.725374/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was brought a machine the other day from a friend who got it from a house she was cleaning so of course there is no telling why they left it behind as it is souped up with all the fans lights and amd EP- KHA motherboard with Initialize (0xc0000005). - Application Application Services.exe To Failed The Error. the counter on it Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005). which when I first loaded it it took forever the boot screens came up then the wonderful Services exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize xc came up I went through the prompts of ending it then mins or so later windows finely loaded but the start menu was Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005). gone at first the whole desktop was just the blue screen but my patients in letting it load I finely had icons but still no start menu I found that someone had removed nortan so there is no anti-virus on it well I tried to load AVG on a CD that I burned off my PC and load it along with Spy-bot ad-aware SE and a few other programs to see if I could get some of the tried but true to repair any virus malware and such off Well to no avail did any of the programs load so I had noticed that when I tried going into user accounts to see if this account had admin privileges the user accounts never loaded Doing some investigating I found on Microsoft that I could make another account with admin privileges and that it should load NOPE I got the account created but when I tried to log into it no windows just a blank screen Ctrl Alt Delete brings up the task manager on network I see that it says that the INTERNET is running but I cant get on-line to download any diagnostic programs no on-line period just one very very slow machine that likes to shut down and start over if most of any programs are tried to start I have the case open so I can see what code the motherboard sends out and it is FF upon reading some things about that code I have found that is like a code of death for the motherboard but I did watch the counter as the machine restarts and it reads numbers all the way up to windows loading then I get the FF code upon each reboot I still get Services exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize xc this is the only error it throws I got into administrative tools but on each tool it says Services Unable to open control manager database on Error This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object When I try and open the event viewer I get Unable to complete the operation on quot Application quot The RPC server is unavialble So now I m lost I have no idea where to go from here Since they apparently had Norton on here I have download a Norton trial on CD and going to see if I can get that installed I tried to load Hijack this on CD and put it on there NOPE I tried the windows boot Cd s from mirosoft nope not reading the floppy no lights no sound no nothing I don t have a windows xp pro disk so I cant try that I did notice that some fool turned of the restore So that option is out the window I am hoping that maybe someone can give me another option to try as I have all day and willing to try just about anything to see if I can repair this machine If more info is needed please let me know as I will keep logged in and checking back all day I am going to try and load Norton s trial version as I m not using Norton myself so I m not going to pay for the full version just to find out it wont load I will update this post if I come across a new error message or with a soultion Thanks for your time LadyLeo

A:Services.exe - Application Error. The Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000005).

Well...it seems to me (I may be misreading) but that system belonged to a unnamed 3d party, which had the operating license.

If I had found such system, the first thing I would have done is wipe it clean (because I don't like using someone else's data which they've decided to trash) and to give myself a good start at seeing if the system worked properly.

Then I would have done a clean install.

That's the only way that I know how to go from a series of unknowns...to a known good, working system.

Worst case scenario: The system is highly infected.

Best case scenario: The system has O/S or malware problems or a combination thereof.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135040/servicesexe-application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-0xc0000005/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I am trying to help fix my brothers computer It seems to have had a number of infections over the past year or so He has Norton AntiVirus Currently Norton does not report any infections however I ran a scan with Spyware Doctor and it reported a lot of infections Trojan-Downloader Ruins Application PopCap Application Keystroke Spy Adware Search Toolbar Trojan-Downloader Popuper Downloader PopCap There were more I have saved the scan results Application.PopCap, more. Application.Keystroke Trojan-Downloader.Ruins, and Spy and attached them to this post I followed steps listed through in the IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help I also ran a number of other scans including Super Antispyware AVG Antispyware Eset Online Scan Those scans did not show any problems The Panda log is as follows Incident Status Location Adware adware winprotect Not disinfected c windows help SPAlert chm Adware adware sbsoft Not disinfected c windows rdt ini Virus Trj Downloader MDW Disinfected C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files popcaploader dll I ran the DSS Program twice The second progam run only gave me the Main txt Therefore I attached the extra txt from the first program run to this post The DSS Scan Log from the second scan is as follows Deckard's System Scanner v Run by user on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as user exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C WINDOWS system RioMSC exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Trojan-Downloader.Ruins, Application.PopCap, Application.Keystroke Spy and more. Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System Trojan-Downloader.Ruins, Application.PopCap, Application.Keystroke Spy and more. svchost exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop Rick Virus Scan Folder dss exe C DOCUME user Desktop HJT user exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Trojan-Downloader.Ruins, Application.PopCap, Application.Keystroke Spy and more. Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM So... Read more

A:Trojan-Downloader.Ruins, Application.PopCap, Application.Keystroke Spy and more.

Bump..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trojan-downloader-ruins-application-popcap-application-keystroke-spy-and-more-227792.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I get the topic title message each time I boot up.  The full message is "MSASCui.exe Application error. This application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000034). Click on OK to terminate the app."  One other message also appears each boot-up, beginning with "msmsgs.exe App error" etc.  What do I do?  I've tried system restore, re-downloading programs that appear to be affected (CCleaner, for example).  Thanks in advance.

A:MSASCui.exe Application error (Oxc0000034) This application failed to initialize

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551614/msascuiexe-application-error-oxc0000034-this-application-failed-to-initialize/
Relevancy 36.12%

cmd.exe application error - application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142). Click ok to close the application

Anyone know why it happened?

I got this error when I tried to restart to install an update. However, in windows update, it showed I had nothing to update. There was the little yellow shield by the shut down button to indicate it was installing an update when I would shutdown.

I rebooted fine, and CMD works fine. Is it possible windows thought it had to install something, and the installer had already installed the update (I went onto windows update earlier myself to install the windows and silverlight updates) and it bugged because maybe it had to use cmd to execute the update or something?

A:cmd.exe application error - application was unable to start correctly

It seems to be happening again, but only when I shutdown when explorer is open. I tried and tested his multiple times. It has only happened after the new silverlight update and kb 30247777 (sorry if the number is wrong) update.

What is causing this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355219-cmd-exe-application-error-application-unable-start-correctly.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've had an ongoing problem with application errors I Application application message error time every exit that say the Application error message every time I exit application following lt app name exe gt - Application Error The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x ba quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click on OK to terminate the program I've run HJT before and others couldn't find anything I've significantly cleaned up my PC currently uninstalled about - different spyware adware programs at the instruction of a MS tech support person who's trying to help me integrate SP back into my c with no luck But someone on the XP forum suggested I run HJT again and copy the log so here it is If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to listening I get this error message when exiting out of almost every application or browser I have Can't seem to figure this one out Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system clipsrv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager CMSPCSUtilSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Wire PortalMon exe C WINDOWS system InetCntrl InetCntrl exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPDBMgr exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Desktop My Downloads HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google c R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - BHO PopBlockBHO Class - E - C F- D-A E-AD F C - C WINDOWS system InetCntrl PopupKil BsafeBHO dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSid... Read more

A:Application error message every time I exit application

I don't see major here...Did you install anything before this happened? Perhaps IE 7.0?

Go to Start->Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit OK. Let it scan. If it finds any files missing/corrupted, it may ask for the Windows CD.

Download LSPFix http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/LSPFix.exe and run it. Check the box that says 'I know what I'm doing'. Click on inetcntrl.dll on the left window and then click on the arrow pointing to the right. Click Finish and follow the prompts.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com

Make sure you turn off any antivirus programs you have running while performing the online scan below. Using Internet Explorer, run a virus scan at http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Click on 'Launch Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner' and install the ActiveX component from Kaspersky. Click Yes and it will begin downloading the latest definition files. Once that's done, click on 'Scan Settings' and make sure the following are selected:

Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
- Extended

Scan Options:
- Scan Archives
- Scan Mail Bases

Click OK. Now under select a target to scan, select 'My Computer'. It will start and scan your system. The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected. Now click on the 'Save as Text' button. Save the file to your desktop. Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/application-error-message-every-time-i-exit-application-103056.html
Relevancy 36.12%

And now I am so screwed. I can't even open services.msc, I can't install an update, I can't run updates and I can't re enable anything because I can't get into services to do it. Please don't say system restore because I disabled it. If you say get a mac, then yes, I agree!

A:I disabled application info and application update in services.msc

Quote: Originally Posted by ando35

And now I am so screwed. I can't even open services.msc, I can't install an update, I can't run updates and I can't re enable anything because I can't get into services to do it. Please don't say system restore because I disabled it. If you say get a mac, then yes, I agree!

Repair install with the win 7 dvd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218514-i-disabled-application-info-application-update-services-msc.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I was going to ask EA terminate has application 2 will application This now problem: crashes, Sims this but their support contact form doesn t seem to work I used to play the Sims Sims 2 problem: This application has crashes, application will now terminate on my pc The pc was slightly underqualified but besides slow gameplay it seemed to work fine I had all the expansions save for University installed All of a sudden when I was playing it seemed to freeze and a popup saying This application has crashed application will not terminate popped up This happened around the time that I upgraded my pc with additional RAM and when I installed Free Time I didn t know if it was the problem of either those things I still kept playing but after a while I could only play for about minutes before it popped up again Then I decided to play with an older lot that I created before the installation of Freetime Strangely I was able to play in that lot for hours and I never got that popup The popup only came up during the actual game play so not during CAS or building etc I recently bought a new laptop It s a special gaming laptop and it has really good specs so I decided to buy it mainly because I play the SIms a lot See DXDiag I installed all the expansion including university so now I have all the expansions stuff packs on this laptop I also copied all the custom content from my computer to my laptop The installation went fine and in the beginning everything seemed to run smoothly That was mostly due to the fact that I was building a lot more and creating families than acutally playing with them So again when I started really playing I got that popup It has never happened when creating a family or when I m building something Twice it happened when I was placing houses and objects in a neighbourhood and it happened once while I was starting up the game The weird thing is that when I just start playing with a family I can play for abot - minutes before it pops up but after that I can only play for about minutes Sometimes it happens when I fastforward the time in the SIms so I used to think that maybe it had to load too much but the last time it happened in regular time when my Sim was cooking and nothing else was going on That was yesterday When I tried to start up the game today the game loads and then without showing the intro movie goes straight to the Load Screen And then it s stuck I don t get a popup but it won t load anymore either I have to use the Task Manager to end the game because it won t respond anymore Here are my DXdiag specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name KINERET-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer inc System Model Aspire G BIOS ZD v G Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- F - A C CA Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A... Read more

A:Sims 2 problem: This application has crashes, application will now terminate

Hi it looks like the proble might be service pack 1 on your vista laptop
try unistalling it but i still have a problem with sims2 it the loading screens loadeds the pauses on the last part just over the bit about the bacon the says the application has failed and wil be teminated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-problem-this-application-has-crashes-application-will-now-terminate.724493/
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm getting consistent regular application Error application svchost.exe_SysMain Faulting -- Application errors involving quot svchost exe SysMain quot failures A typical event message looks like the following ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Faulting application svchost exe Application Error -- Faulting application svchost.exe_SysMain SysMain version time stamp x faulting module sysmain dll version time stamp x adbd exception code xc Application Error -- Faulting application svchost.exe_SysMain fault offset x bc process id x b application start time x c c b ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This is followed in the event log by a cascade of errors from the quot Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider quot such as the following ----------------------------------------------------------------------- The ReadyBoost service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service ----------------------------------------------------------------------- The cascade of service driver errors occurs within to seconds of the initial svchost exe SysMain failure and hits a dozen or so other services including but not limited to Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Offline Files service ReadyBoost service Human Interface Device Access service Network Connections service Program Compatibility Assistant Service Superfetch service Tablet PC Input Service Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service Diagnostic System Host service Portable Device Enumerator Service service Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service The above being the list from the most recent event but it's typical As an aside I posted the following message earlier today looking to track down another bogey the fact that the quot busy quot cursor starts flashing periodically for no apparent reason after the system has been running a while http www techsupportforum com micr ml post lt --- click to view previous post I quot think quot that the above problem occurs as a result of the service failure cascade From what little I've found on the cursor problem it might be related to a service trying to restart I haven't dug deep into what is running to see if something brought down by the svchost issue might be at the root of this problem I do offer it as an additional clue perhaps In any case I had set up a trigger on the svchost problem to pop up an error message which it just did and I notice that the cursor flashing issue is now visible whereas I did not notice it before As noted in the above message restarting clears the cursor problem and at least for a while all services are running normally I don't notice any loss of functionality due to the svchost issue at least nothing obvious but clearly something is amiss Your help is GREATLY appreciated Thanks in advance Victor

A:Application Error -- Faulting application svchost.exe_SysMain

SYSMAIN is Superfetch.

I see exception code = 0xc0000005. What anti-virus product(s) do you have installed? If "Internet Security" package w/ personal firewall like NIS, KIS, Mcafee, etc... - IT is the likely cause and s/b removed.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/application-error-faulting-application-svchost-exe_sysmain-371980.html
Relevancy 36.12%

what is the error "the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"

I keep getting this error when I try to run AudioOverload.exe

What in the world could be causing this?

My computer info is:

Microsoft Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

A:what is the error "the application has failed to start because the application...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-error-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-the-application.831784/
Relevancy 36.12%

OK this is admittedly a strange application' '<application not Win32 name> is a error. valid Avoiding one I have used an old probably a -bit application as my time synchronizer this I've used for quite some time Its name is TimeRC and is a great synchronizer as it tracks moon phases along with the time from selectable multiple potential time servers After a fatal software crash a couple of weeks ago I'm in the process of recovery Attempts to manually Avoiding '<application name> is not a valid Win32 application' error. launch the EXE result in a launch-time error stating that the ap is not compatible with my Windows Pro SP Note that I'm running on the same level of Windows that I was using prior to the crash re-install I have inhibited compatibility checking Group Policy adjustment only to incur the Win error I've been through the litany of utilities registry to correct this situation and I KNOW that this ap runs just fine on Windows from pre-crash days I am at my wits end trying to avoid this situation I suspect that there is a registry setting difference now versus pre-crash about which I'm ignorant so I'm open to any and all suggestions To use an alternative time synchronizer is not an option I'm anal about how my system looks feels and performs I've even tried running in XP mode virtual machine to no palatable result Note that I don't have access to the program's source code otherwise I could recompile There's got to be something that I'm missing Color me frustrated Randy Reist Lairbear

A:Avoiding '<application name> is not a valid Win32 application' error.

Have you just tried removing the program and install again.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop...t/TimeRC.shtml

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280400-avoiding-application-name-not-valid-win32-application-error.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Can any one help me. I have a pc that is very basic. I was using it ok then when I used it again I am getting the message application will not start maybe configured incorrectly reinstalling may help. I can still use internet and my email still works ok. Not sure what to do. I have no tool bar at the bottom of screen either and the titles to my desk top icons are now all highlighted in blue for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/application-error-application-appears-to-be-configured-incorrectly.772505/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All,

I recently purchased a new laptop and I have had this error occur almost since the start.

Basically, when I switch on my laptop, both bttray.exe and GrooveMonitor display the exact same error(bar the application name in the title) - I have also tried to install AVG Free which comes up with the same error when trying to start.

The error is:

BTTray.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc150004). Click OK to terminate the application.

I am running Microsoft? Windows Vista? Ultimate 6.0.6001.1.1252.44.1033.18.3066.1940

I haven't tried anything to correct this as I wouldn't know where to start.
Any help anyone can provide would be highly appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Joe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230970/application-error-the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly/
Relevancy 35.26%

When I start up my comp, everything is fine until I reach the XP welcome screen. At this point the 'userinit.exe - user application error' message box appears twice. after clicking ok, windows continues to load but when it gets to the desktop nothing shows up. I can make desktop show up by going into WTM and going to file>new task(run)..., but as soon it loads i get multiple message boxes of 'rundll32.exe - application error'. I get similar messages when I try to run notepad, system restore, and when I double click on the icon to safely remove hardware.

I don't want to reformat my comp again, I've tried running sfc /scannow and its done nothing, tried reinstalling XP but for some reason its missing a file. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Help! userinit.exe - application error and rundll32.exe - application

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-userinit-exe-application-error-and-rundll32-exe-application.721792/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello all In looking at my error logs there have been occasional Error--faulting Application Application Winword.exe errors with Word But just recently they have become quite a pattern I'm not a techie and don't know if this error entry tells us details to center in on exactly what the problem Application Error--faulting Application Winword.exe is But I am copying it below for your perusal I am Application Error--faulting Application Winword.exe running Home Vista amp Office Home amp Student After I installed an update to my HP OfficeJet All-in-One I started getting frequent messages that Word had failed amp Microsoft was searching for solutions to the problem It always repairs amp Word returns for continued use but something is clearly wrong I saw a discussion on Bleeping Computer that lead me to think that Office amp my HP printer might be conflicting But so far as I am aware the updates for both the Application Error--faulting Application Winword.exe Office amp HP are the newest versions I think Microsoft is completely updated Can you help me correct whatever this is all about I am very unclear about what is happening amp don't know what to do Thanks dreamcatcherco Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer User-PC Description Faulting application WINWORD EXE version time stamp x e c faulting module hpz r x dll version time stamp x c c da exception code xc fault offset x db process id xa application start time x c edd bca b Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt WINWORD EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e c lt Data gt lt Data gt hpz r x dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c c da lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt db lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt c edd bca b lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Application Error--faulting Application Winword.exe

Microsoft Word crashed because of this module: hpz3r4x6.dllThe references that I was able to find for this file suggest that its:1) an OEM driver file, and2) a Unified UI/Render plug-inWhich doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot to me, but I've got a guess or two about.Since the filename starts with HP and you've recently installed an HP OfficeJet...did you install it from the drivers on the disk, or did you download the drivers from HP? If you installed from the disk, did the disk (or the setup program) specify that the drivers were compatible with Windows Vista? Often printers will be marked with a "Works with Windows Vista" sticker - but won't have the Vista drivers on the installation CD/DVD.I would suggest uninstalling the drivers and software for the HP printer, then reboot and test to see if the error has been corrected.If it has, then try getting the Vista drivers from this link: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/suppor...Display=driversand see if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159685/application-error-faulting-application-winwordexe/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello All, I have a dialog application which contain checkbox on it.When i check this checkbox application hangs up with this error message below "?Configuration program for Omni PCX Office doesn?t work anymore? Any idea why this error message appears, it happens only in Vista OS but not in xp,below is configuration of vista PC 32 bit OS Vista Business SP2 with Dutch language!!!

A:Checking checkbox in the application causes application to hang

Have you tried to reinstall the program? This does sometimes happen after another program has been installed or by corruption.
Try running chkdsk to see if there is any problems with your HD.
Are any other programs failing?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261401-checking-checkbox-application-causes-application-hang.html
Relevancy 35.26%

So there is this media player that my parents use to watch some dramas But all of a sudden it stopped working and it said to try reinstalling the program So I uninstalled everything on the computer I could find but now when I try to install it I get this error message quot Application cannot be started Contact the be Application vendor. application Contact started. cannot application vendor quot and the details are PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows Win NT Common Language Runtime System Deployment dll RTMRel - clr dll RTMRel - dfdll dll RTMRel - dfshim dll Main - SOURCES Deployment url Server Apache Unix mod ssl OpenSSL e mod auth pgsql Deployment Provider url Application cannot be started. Contact application vendor. Application url Server Apache Unix mod ssl OpenSSL e mod auth pgsql IDENTITIES Deployment Identity OhCASTra application Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken d b c d processorArchitecture x Application Identity OhCASTra exe Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken d b c d processorArchitecture x type win APPLICATION SUMMARY Installable application Application cannot be started. Contact application vendor. ERROR SUMMARY Below is a summary of the errors details of these errors are listed later in the log Activation of resulted in exception Following failure messages were detected Value does not fall within the expected range COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY No transaction error was detected WARNINGS There were no warnings during this operation the program is called quot Ohcastra quot and it is a legal program any help is much apprectiated OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS - - Activation of has started - - Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed - - Installation of the application has started - - Processing of application manifest has successfully completed - - Found compatible runtime version - - Detecting dependent assembly Sentinel v Client Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b f f f d a a processorArchitecture msil using Sentinel v Client Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b f f f d a a processorArchitecture msil - - Detecting dependent assembly System Data Entity Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e processorArchitecture msil using System Data Entity Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e processorArchitecture msil - - Detecting dependent assembly WindowsBase Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken bf ad e processorArchitecture msil using WindowsBase Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken bf ad e processorArchitecture msil - - Detecting dependent assembly System Core Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e processorArchitecture msil using System Core Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e processorArchitecture msil - - Detecting dependent assembly System Data Entity Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e processorArchitecture msil using System Data Entity Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e processorArchitecture msil - - Request of trust and detection of platform is complete ERROR DETAILS Following errors were detected during this operation - - System ArgumentException - Value does not fall within the expected range - Source System Deployment - Stack trace at System Deployment Internal Isolation IStore LockApplicationPath UInt Flags IDefinitionAppId ApId IntPtr amp Cookie at System Deployment Application ComponentStore LockApplicationPath DefinitionAppId definitionAppId at System Deployment Application SubscriptionStore LockApplicationPath DefinitionAppId definitionAppId at System Deployment Application FileDownloader PatchFiles SubscriptionState subState at System Deployment Application FileDownloader Download SubscriptionState subState at System Deployment Application DownloadManager DownloadDependencies SubscriptionState subState AssemblyManifest deployManifest AssemblyManifest appManifest Uri sourceUriBase String targetDirectory String group IDownloadNotification notification DownloadOptions options at System Deployment Application ... Read more

A:Application cannot be started. Contact application vendor.

I suggest you contact the app manufacturer.

I removed the active links in your post as they resulted in app installation, somehow bypassing UAC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/application-cannot-be-started-contact-application-vendor-536905.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have accidently set my .ext default program to Notepad and I want to change it back to an unknown application I have tried deleting it in regedit and it just sets it back to notepad even when I restart my computer afterwards any help would be much appreciated

A:How do i change default application to Unknown Application

Hello Jerry, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I've added .ext to the list in the tutorial below to restore it's default association.

Default File Associations - Restore in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43559-how-do-i-change-default-application-unknown-application.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I tried to install a program which i made using visual basic 2008 but there was an error that said

"application cannot be started. contact the application vendor"

can anyone help am just a beginner

A:Application cannot be started. contact the application vendor

Quote: Originally Posted by Magicianz

I tried to install a program which i made using visual basic 2008 but there was an error that said

"application cannot be started. contact the application vendor"

can anyone help am just a beginner

Did you try running a debug on the application I'm no visual basic expert but it might help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/238156-application-cannot-started-contact-application-vendor.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hi, so lately i've been uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers and software and all of the sudden i get this error when i try to load up certain programs

this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect
i've already tried reinstalling microsoft c++ end user runtime or whatever it is, anyone know what else it could be

A:This application has failed to start because the application configuration is...

Check your drivers at the manufacturer's website, or the motherboard manufacturer's website...
You might want to update or restore your BIOS as a start, but the problem is not uncommon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-application-has-failed-to-start-because-the-application-configuration-is.151546/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi How are you I get this error over and over again in the Event Viewer not permission COM Activation do application-specific The for application CLSID the with grant Server settings permission Local nbsp DCOM - Description nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp D B C -BB - -A F-E B D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp and APPID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CA EE -ACB - C -AFC -AB The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID C nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp to the user NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE SID S- - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Could you tell me exactly how to fix this problem because I'm confused nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks Robert Windows bit denautn

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/05654b39-2b15-4643-b624-515cbce21543/the-applicationspecific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-for-the-com?forum=LCDS
Relevancy 33.97%

I wonder if someone would be able to have a look over my log?
Win32/Somoto.A application and Win32/ELEX application found after running eset online scanner and deleted, i am not sure if I have any other nasties hiding so your help would be very much appreciated?

A:Win32/Somoto.A application and Win32/ELEX application found after running eset online scanner

Please post any logs that you have. We will be more than happy to have a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478114/win32somotoa-application-and-win32elex-application-found-after-running-eset-online-scanner/
Relevancy 33.97%

It seems like many people get this message, but I can't find any solution for it. I've looked just about everywhere, and read everything, but found nothing. :/

This error message comes up in my Sims 2 game while im trying to create a new sim, try to use bodyshop, or try to play with a family.
so basically, i cant do anything x__x
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that didnt work.
Before i reformatted my laptop, Sims 2 worked perfectly fine.
I have Universty & Open For Business.

does anyone have any idea about what i can do to fix this ?

A:The Application has crashed. The Application will now terminate.

It may be due to many things. Your memory (RAM) might be able to take it, the graphics (onboard or card) cannot handle the graphics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-crashed-the-application-will-now-terminate.783197/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All,

I am working in WINDOWS 7 OS.

I want to resgister an application name for restart from another application. Is it possible?

For example:

I am running xyz.exe which is calling "RegisterApplicationRestart()". I want to know that, can I register the name of another application, say abc.exe, for restart from xyz.exe ?

Detail description of problem :

Actually, I am having 2 binaries, say abc.exe and xyz.exe.

abc.exe does all the environment settings and then invoke xyz.exe and exits.

Note: xyz.exe cannot be invoked directly without environment settings.

I want to make it restart aware. But since abc.exe exits and if I make xyz.exe restart aware, how can I make sure that restart manager should invoke abc.exe after the system gets restarted by some intallation/updates ?

Response awaited.....

Thanks

A:Can I register an application name for restart from another application?

Originally Posted by smartg

I am working in WINDOWS 7 OS.

this is a VISTA forum.....sorry, I don't even have win7

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266208-can-i-register-application-name-restart-another-application.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Having updated to Windows 10, this message constantly appears when starting my Notebook. I have read other threads regarding the 3D Driveguard, my notebook is HP ProtectSmart....is this then the same theory? Power up is slow, internet connection crashes all the time....I am so over it.  This is the 2nd time I have upgraded to Windows 10, I reverted back to Windows 8.1 after all the initial glitches and am now seriously considering reverting back again.  Is there a solution in the first instance to repair the Error Message?

A:Application Error - AccelerometerSt.exe, The application was...

Dear Zaelene, I assume the problem is the driver software, it isn't compatible with your notebook. You can download compatible driver by searching it on google or HP sites.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Application-Error-AccelerometerSt-exe-The-application-was/td-p/5289284
Relevancy 33.97%

I hade a problem with my PC where I was getting a blue screen and a message like "unmountable disk..." which I fixed by running chkdsk /r and then Fixboot. All ran Ok for a fe days and now whenever I try to strat any program (Microsoft Office, Quicken...) I get an error message "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

A:Application failed to start because the application...

Unmountable disk means that your hard drive has a problem in the MFT (master file table) or more likely the Partition Table. Best bet is to backup and reformat.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322798/application-failed-to-start-because-the-application/
Relevancy 32.68%

My computer has been a little weird lately.

I ran a virus scan and found a New Win32 virus. 5215 yesterday.

today my computer was still weird, so I decided to run a virus scan again,

but i noticed that some of my directories are really really messed up.

C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\application data\application data\application data\application data

and it keeps repeating the application data folder.

wth is wrong help~~

A:Messed up directories. All Users\Application Data\Application Data\repeats.....

In vista.... You will see this. You should not be able to access Documents and Settings. It should say access denied.

Everything is available in Users now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/messed-up-directories-all-users-application-data-application-data-repeats.676596/
Relevancy 31.82%

both have an error

Netsh.exe
Instruction at 0x77e82f7c, The referenced memory at 0x00000000, Memory could not be read. before I log onto windows.

svchost.exe
Instruction at 0x77e82f7c, The referenced memory at 0x00000000, Memory could not be read.

upoon logging onto Windows, the Remote procedure call is unavailable. maximum number of retries exceeded. followed by The system is shutting down by NT/authority

happens on about half the boot up attempts if the first two don't occur, the others don't follow

I scanned with Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, sfc /scannow. and Windows Repair AIO (from this site) with no improvement whatsoever. following the directions that worked for somebody else here http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/netsh-exe-not-working-184974.html made no difference.

please help

EDIT: this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/error-message-on-boot-up-svchostexe-application/a1d7a2c2-2a9b-4145-a149-04ac389c0ffa?page=3 didn't work either

A:before logon netsh.exe application error & Svchost.exe application error

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542990/before-logon-netshexe-application-error-svchostexe-application-error/
Relevancy 31.82%

I came across this.....

c:\programdata\application data\application data\application data\application data\application data\ ....

application data\ keeps repeat.

Is this ok or can I get rid of it some how and free up some space?
Thank you in advance!!

A:Solved: c:\programdata\application data\application data\ .... keep repeat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-programdata-application-data-application-data-keep-repeat.1022571/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have mistakenly chosen Mozilla as the application to open pldt watchpad.application. How do I correct this? When I right click the pldt watchpad.application and choose "look for the appropriate program on the Web" I am directed to http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0...xt=application. But this site always has error message. My question is when I right click the pldt watchpad.application and click "Open with", which program from my PC should I choose to open it?

A:Application from my PC to open "pldt watchpad.application"

This should help.
I think you will need to register in order to watch it.

http://www.pldtwatchpad.com/Faq.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/application-from-my-pc-to-open-pldt-watchpad-application-453954.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Newly purchased Laptop with windows 8.1 OS preinstalled. We have successfully added this system to domain. While accessing the application after logging into the domain with Domain Credential, we found below attached error where  user is having local
admin previledges and  the UAC disabled.

A:"This application can't open" --- There is a problem with " application name" . Contact your system administrator about reparing or reinstalling it

Hi,
Firstly, please enable UAC and restart your computer to test if this problem resolved.
If problem persists, try to use APP troubleshooter to check APP problem, if there is any reports, please feel free let us know.
Windows App troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423

Roger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e9c1304-0a8c-49c5-acb3-0d1b41462365/quotthis-application-cant-openquot-there-is-a-problem-with-quot-application-namequot-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello. The reason for that is XWDock 5.6 . I'm using xwindows dock 5.6 under windows 7\32bit. When start OS, I get this messages in event viewer and desktop (see screenshots). After 10-20-30 minutes or 1-2 hour again get application popups with the same errors and popups. How to fix that? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sorry for my bad english, but hope to understand me.

A:Application popup: rundll32.exe \ Application popup: WerFault.exe

Quote: Originally Posted by gerrardo

Hello. The reason for that is XWDock 5.6 . I'm using xwindows dock 5.6 under windows 7\32bit. When start OS, I get this messages in event viewer and desktop (see screenshots). After 10-20-30 minutes or 1-2 hour again get application popups with the same errors and popups. How to fix that? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sorry for my bad english, but hope to understand me.

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184046-application-popup-rundll32-exe-application-popup-werfault-exe.html
Relevancy 30.1%

My internet explorer keeps shutting down every few minutes when I try to open a new tab Could you look at my HijackThis log and let me know if there is something harmful there Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS keeps IE down closing system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files PowerQuest V i Protector Agent PQV iSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFIE EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFIE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system dlcfcoms exe C Program Files Norton Security Scan Nss exe C Program IE keeps closing down Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run EEventManager C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe O - HKCU R... Read more

Relevancy 30.1%

Finding the programs that are activated at start up is quite straightforward - but how do you view the bells checks and whistles that occur when you close down? I ask this because recently closing down has become a very slow process and I would like to find out what is causing this. After the saving your settings message the screen freezes, mouse becomes fixed, and then after a couple of minutes the PC closes down normally. This can be annoying when you need to reboot to clear the memory, for instance. Any clues would be appreciated by this octogenerian!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-down-xp.712672/
Relevancy 30.1%

Can anyone help me I have the ad revenue adware and the E G and can't seem to get rid of it The top of my webpages keep changing to different sites and other Keeps Ie Help! My Closing! pop ups keep coming up I tried everything and all the anti spy ware and can't seem to get rid Help! My Ie Keeps Closing! of these two Please help me I've posted my hi jack this log below Please Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files D-Link Air Utility AirCFG exeC Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus ScanningProcess exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Winamp winamp exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https tick tcnj edu src login phpF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS SYSTEM Userinit exe bxjvici exeO - BHO no name - BF EC- D - F - DC-CD B D A F - C Program Files MSN Gaming Zone mecorok dllO - BHO CControl Object - ABC - BF- B -B -F DB C FD - C Program Files E G IeBHOs dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run D-Link Air Utility C Program Files D-Link Air Utility AirCFG exeO - HKLM Run ANIWZCSService C Program Files Alpha Networks ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C Program Files AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLsO - HKLM Run ykpgwu C WINDOWS System asloxw exe reg runO - HKCU Run vhwhy C WINDOWS System asloxw exe reg runO - HKCU Run linimg C WINDOWS System linimg exeO - HKCU Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCANO - Global Startup Post-it Software Notes Lite lnk C Program Files M PSNLite PsnLite exeO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button no name - ABF A-F D- - D F- D F A - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Java - ABF A-F D- - D F- D F A - no file O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Trusted Zone http click getmirar com HKLM O - Trusted Zone http click mirarsearch com HKLM O - Trusted Zone http redirect mirarsearch com HKLM O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update ... Read more

A:Help! My Ie Keeps Closing!

Hello,You are dealing with several different infections here..* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,bxjvici.exeO2 - BHO: (no name) - {212BF3EC-14D5-44F6-96DC-CD9B1D35A28F} - C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\mecorok.dllO2 - BHO: CControl Object - {3643ABC2-21BF-46B9-B230-F247DB0C6FD6} - C:\Program Files\E2G\IeBHOs.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ykpgwu] C:\WINDOWS\System32\asloxw.exe reg_runO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [vhwhy] C:\WINDOWS\System32\asloxw.exe reg_runO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [linimg] C:\WINDOWS\System32\linimg.exeO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {4ABF810A-F11D-4169-9D5F-7D274F2270A1} - (no file)O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {4ABF810A-F11D-4169-9D5F-7D274F2270A1} - (no file)O15 - Trusted Zone: http://click.getmirar.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: http://click.mirarsearch.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: http://redirect.mirarsearch.com (HKLM)O16 - DPF: {9AC54695-69A4-46F1-BE10-10C74F9520D5} - http://cabs.elitemediagroup.net/cabs/mediaview.cabO16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/bejeweled...aploader_v6.cabO18 - Protocol: ebk - {1E411CE8-FE8B-4973-B8E0-6EA2CC3C6B06} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ebkp.dllO20 - AppInit_DLLs: iniwin32.dll* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!Ignore the errors you will get when fixing certain entries in hijackthis.Download Brute Force Uninstaller to your C:\Unzip it to a folder of its own (C:\BFU). So the BFU-folder should be on your root. In most cases this is C:\Download qoofix.bat (rightclick on this link and choose save as)Place qoofix.bat in your C:\BFU - folder. (Important!)Doubleclick qooFix.bat, Close all browsers and explorer folders.Choose option 1 (Qoolfix autofix) and follow the prompts.Please be patient, it will take about five minutes.Your pc will restart.perform next steps in exactly the order I am asking you. Download Unlocker and install it:http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/Once installed, go to the C:\Windows\system32\iniwin32.dll file.Rightclick on it.Choose 'Unlocker' from the context menu.A new Window will open.Click the button 'Unlock all' below.Then delete the iniwin32.dll file.(It could be possible you won't be able to delete it yet and a reboot is needed, but before reboot, you need to check and fix the entries in hijackthis first).So open hijackthis and check and fix next entries:O2 - BHO: CControl Object - {3643ABC2-21BF-46B9-B230-F247DB0C6FD6} - C:\Program Files\E2G\IeBHOs.dll O20 - AppInit_DLLs: iniwin32.dll In case you get an error while checking the O20 line, ignore the error, rescan with hijackthis and check again if still present.Then Reboot.After reboot, delete the iniwin32.dll file if you were not able to delete it right after using the Unlocker.Delete the C:\Program Files\E2G folder.Post a new hijackthislog in your next reply and let me know how things worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51752/help-my-ie-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am running windows on a machine and everytime i open IE i get an error message that says IE has encountered and error and needs to close The strange thing is that its not the normal error message where you have the option to send an error report It has a check box closing IE Keeps that says quot Restart Micorsoft Internet Explorer quot and another strange thing is IE Keeps closing if you just move the error message out of the way and you can continue to use IE normally I disabled script debugging and i still get the same message I also ran Spybot Ad-Aware and Microsoft antispyware bete Each found alot of spyware and it was removed and browser was restored But i am still getting the same error message when openingn IE I am downloading a patch for office that will supposely correct the problem according to microsoft I do not think it will work though Does anyone have any idea IE Keeps closing on how to fix this One more thing a trojan was detected when i ran antivirus i think it was called dqsduck exe or something like that Also when i do keep IE with the error message and try to download something the whole pc crashes and restarts automatically nbsp

A:IE Keeps closing

Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the back button.

Now click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.

Create a reply to this post here and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-keeps-closing.325637/
Relevancy 30.1%

Toshiba Laptop

2 months old

When I am on the net at any site IE will just come up and state Windows IE is closing.
Then it will re start all on its own.

Is there something I can do to fix this please?

Relevancy 30.1%

I was playing league of legends when cmd just open then when I closed it Bang there is is again it just keeps opening any idea of what to do ?

~Rex

A:Cmd is not closing

Hello RexPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561947/cmd-is-not-closing/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi everyone.For no apparent reason my computer is refusing to close down unless I go back to my home page.It just hangs.Any ideas?

A:closing down

Hi There!

It sounds like there's something running that may be hanging up and not closing properly.

Perhaps run an online virus scan at Housecall

If the system is clean, then download Spybot S&D or AdAware and install it. Once it's installed, then run the updates first, then scan the system.
Let us know who things go!
Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-down.165917/
Relevancy 30.1%

May status For about a month my computer started slowing and IE was really slow and freezing so I decided to update to IE After installing and trying to open rec d error message about an Add-on program not being compatible so I checked quot Always open without quot From the very start IE would freeze up with white screen and very few times would it connect to the internet or even give me the quot cannot connect quot message just froze All of my programs started freezing I could not do anything I ran PCTools scan with no results then I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it found Virtumonde amp AdawareAlert I chose to remove and indicated that is was removed Now the past log in SSD does not mention Virtumonde This did not help with programs so I decided to do a system restore All of the programs seem to be running fine and IE is connecting to the internet I have no idea what version as there are no tool bars Only the address bar with lt gt address bar refresh X and Google search bar at the far right with a Magnifying glass NO Menu bar NO status Bar I can t right click anywhere in the bar or the body of the window Closing IE Right away to try and reset toolbar options I cannot download anything or even attach a file in my Yahoo email I cannot copy IE Closing Right away and paste and my Delete button does not work works in all other programs I have been working between my Laptop and a Thumbdrive to get all Read and Run me programs ran and logs I have completed all and the logs are attached here I could put IE on the thumb drive and try to reinstall it but I am scared I have also run PCTools Antivirus Scan again also and it has not found anything I have looked back through the logs and there is not mention of Virtumonde I performed the Read and Run Me suggested thru MajorGeeks com performed mainly via downloading programs and logs on a thumbdrive under the circumstances After completing all the processes it did seem to help all other programs and operation but now when clicking on IE it opens and closes immediately I have uninstalled IE and Reinstalled via a thumbdrive Still nothing I have attached the DDS scan and some of the logs that I have ran for MajorGeeks except for the ComboFix Logs that I see that this forum does not approve If there is anything suggestions UH OH Actually I am now to the point to attach logs files and do not see a link I am sure it is right in front of me but I cannot see it I so respect MajorGeeks Forum they have helped me tremendously in the past and I had a very knowledgeable person respond and view my logs days after I posted May but have not yet been able to fix the problem My husband filed an extension for our Income taxes and we have to file them soooooon and was hoping some fresh new eyes would help Sometimes a second opinion doesn t hurt P S I am now also having problems with my laptop and hopefully didn t transfer any virus Trojan or bug to my laptop using the thumb drive PP SS I am trying to cook Gumbo for people and do this at the same time so please forgive anything that I left out

A:IE Closing Right away

Hi and welcome to BleepingComputer Is your log still active at MajorGeeks? If so, you should only follow the advise given by the helper at that forum. Doing otherwise can cause major problems.I didn't see where you had run malwarebytes, so let's try it here.The process of cleaning your computer may require temporarily disabliling some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229642/ie-closing-right-away/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey.. Im a "retro gamer" and i downloaded a game called Doom and Duke Nukem.. When i run them CMD Opens up then shuts down :( HeellpP!

A:Cmd Keeps Closing After 1 Second..

Go to start > run and type "cmd" without the quotes. Then type "cd C:/" w/o quotes. Then type in the FULL filepath to the game file, such as C:\Program Files\MyGame\game.exe and see if you are given an error message.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cmd-keeps-closing-after-1-second-201494.html
Relevancy 30.1%

We had the radio on this morning and have just heard that Microsoft are no longer going to have XP. They went on to say users would have to buy new things such as Windows 8 etc. or be at risk of the system being targeted by hackers and so people would be at risk; they (we) should buy tablets with different programes etc., Is this true and why when so many people aill be unable to switch due to cost and also because many of us older people find the new Tablers, IPhones etc.,difficult to use and understand. Surely such a large organization such as Microsoft should carry on with the 35% of us who have XP and do not want to change?
Kind regards.......Margaret

Relevancy 30.1%

I have AOL Instant Messenger (AIM 6.8) and when i sign on it will work fine for like 8 minutes then randomly close out then I put AOL Instant Messenger (AIM5.9) and it works fine on my screen name but my brothers it closes out. I am Running Windows Vista Ultimate SP1. So how do I fix this on (AIM 6.8)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/aim-keeps-closing-325880.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I am using XP and IE keeps closing Here is my Hijackthis log Can You help me ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Closing Ie6 Keeps NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system Ie6 Keeps Closing services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system Ie6 Keeps Closing spoolsv exec program files a-squared free a service exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO IE PopupBlocker Class - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C Program Files BellSouth Accelerator Technology prpl IePopupBlocker dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exeO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintrayO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - ... Read more

A:Ie6 Keeps Closing

Hello and welcome to BCApologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, right click at RSIT.exe and select 'Run as administrator'.

Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.In your next reply please post back with the following reports:RSIT log.txtRSIT info.txtKaspersky reportRegards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169070/ie6-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 30.1%

I can have AIM running all day. I can see who is online, who signs in or signs off and i can read people's Away messages. However, the second I try to message someone, the message window will open partially, then AIM freezes for 3 or 4 secs and then shuts down completely.
If I switch user to a Guest profile on my XP OS I can use AIM no problem but not on my main, owner profile??

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys not sure if I m posting in the right place but here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService IE Closing exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ScanQuery scanquery exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ScanQuery scanquery exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files HijackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft IE Closing Internet Explorer Main Start Page IE Closing http uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet IE Closing Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar LimeWire Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google... Read more

A:IE Closing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395770/ie-closing/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there I recently put in a motherboard replacement SLI my old one died on me so I got a new one the exact same brand etc I run windows professional I turned my firewall off antivirus etc and aim still is just closing right on startup Been noticing a few weird things too since i put new MB in I had to reactivate Windows on the phone I guess and also had to fix my Memory in the bios Also still having this error http forums techguy org windows- -since-installing-windows- -my html post It does keeps closing AIM not happen on my parents computer though and did not happen at all when i had windows xp here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW AIM keeps closing DllHost exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Temp A NSISu exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users AIM keeps closing Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Users Roacherz AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet AIM keeps closing Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files x AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-keeps-closing.916023/
Relevancy 30.1%

My IE just started acting up today. Evertime I press any key in the URL of IE, the windows all just close. Also, the same thing happens when I click on any of the "Favorites" buttons. Does anyone know what is wrong? The last thing I remember doing before this happend was that I deleted the cookies and temporary internet files through "Tools/Internet Options." also, i updated drivers as well. would any of those have anything to do with it? also, i am using Windows XP Pro, and my IE version is 6.0.2900.2180.

note: everything else works just fine

A:IE keeps closing

your driver update didn't go well... if your using xp use restore to get back before problem started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-keeps-closing.451993/
Relevancy 30.1%

My windows XP is very slow to shut down and this trouble has only happened lately!

Relevancy 30.1%

My IE hangs before it closes. On my other machines it's an instant reaction.

Has anyone seen this before?

A:IE not closing like it should

hello, yeah mine also hangs a little bit as well, is this where ya click the x at the top right hand corner and stays for like another second and closes? If you are also in the process of looking for another web browser than Mozilla Firefox is a good one

But to answer ya question I have seen it before, I will lookup for some resolutions if I can for you, I am not sure if Internet Explorer 7 has a update to it as of yet but maybe worth having a look for one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-not-closing-like-it-should.607030/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I m using Vista and I have Internet Explorer installed as well as Mozilla Firefox I prefer to use Firefox when browsing the internet as it doesn t usually cause problems but unfortunately I ve never been able to get the Bookmarks to work the way that Favorites does in IE Therefore I tend to bounce back and forth between the two browsers if there are sites that I decide to save to Favorites Anyway I first started having problems with IE when the screen would keep bouncing between Images and Web I would have to use the quot back quot arrow and then a lot of times I would get a message that said quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot Under quot Things you can try Closing Keeps IE quot is one option that says quot Diagnose Connection Problems IE Keeps Closing quot That would disappear as soon as I would hit the quot back quot arrow and end up having to reselect the website I wanted and or get back to the page I was trying to view in the first place At this point I basically gave up using IE for browsing and only use it now when trying to save a site to my quot Favorites quot Tonight brings more problems with Internet Explorer When I try to open IE as it s completing loading the homepage the following messages appear Then IE tries to find a solution but it never does This cycle just repeats itself over and over again and it doesn t IE Keeps Closing seem to matter if I turn off the computer and sign back in The same thing happens Thanks in advance for the help Michele

A:IE Keeps Closing

Can you start IE in Safe MOde?

Can you go to Internet Options in Control Panel then go to the Advanced Tab then hit Reset on the very bottom.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385300/ie-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there,

Was wanting some advise on Internet Explorer. I am running version 7 and it frequently keeps closing down and I have to start over again.

Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Andrew

Relevancy 30.1%

Here is my hjt log I've gone through your five steps I was able to do everything but run the panda sw I e wouldn't stay open log enough to do so Every once in a while there is a quot congratulatons you've won quot that comes across the sound but there is no actual pop-up Thank you for your help It is much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP closing log - ie keeps hjt WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system hjt log - ie keeps closing winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Webcam tsnp std exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C Program Files Picaboo Picaboo PicabooMain exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Vongo Tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Vongo VongoService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system DsTU xbX exe c program files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cox net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-ie-keeps-closing-281480.html
Relevancy 30.1%

im about to go down to swear into the army today i only had 1 cd left i wanted to bring some music with me so i burnt the CD and it got to the 2nd to last song and messed up, im wondering if theres anyway i can close the CD with another program so the CD player will read it since that was my last disc, if any1 can help me out here would be greatly appreciated thanks...

A:Closing a CD

Nope, not if it's an audio CD. Throw it away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-a-cd.627076/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all ,,,can someone help me please, I have 8.1 and I like to listen to audio books and I would like to be able to close the lid and still hear the story , is this possible please?.

Len

A:closing lid

Hi, open Control panel/System and Security/Power options/Change plan settings/Change advanced power settings/Change settings that are currently not available/Power buttons and lid/Lid close action - Do nothing. Then Apply and OK.

Good luck, werty

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57394-closing-lid.html
Relevancy 30.1%
Q: Closing

Hello, Im currently having a problem with my computer. It seems with programs such as WMP, Ares, Winamp and a couple other programs close after a period of time by itself and gives me a stupid error....I tried re-installing my computer alltogether but it didnt make a difference, I dont know if this is connected to another problem i've been having where as my computer occationally gives me a B.S.O.D and the error is ( to the best of my rememberance ) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....

Thanks..

A:Closing

i have the same error sometimes on my Inspiron 5000 laptop, is this a laptop? or desktop? im thinkin it's my HD, already tryed the RAM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/closing-153604.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I was having pf probs, but no longer leaving lexmark printer in sys tray. I started using AVG Anti-Spyware a new screen saver, and ATF Cleaner. Other than that nothing else new. I can only get it up and running again if I run ATF Cleaner. This is aggravating.
I'm removing the screen saver. I have a hijackthis log, would this help anyone??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-7-0-closing-down.614361/
Relevancy 30.1%

I rarely use internet explorer but since my FF is messing up I used it and when I exited it this came up. Acrobat IEHelper: IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00ed1ea8" referenced memory at "0x00ed1ea8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program
Here is a picture also. Any ideas on whats happening. thanks much appreciated

A:Closing IE. Help

What is IEhelper? was it somthing you installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/closing-ie-help-203944.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm trying to help a friend of mine, he's getting the isearch c*** on his computer. I've suggested he run hjt and post his log so someone can help. The problem is....as soon as hjt stops scanning a window pops up telling him the window is closing. He can see the scan results but is unable to do anything with them. He ran the cwshredder and another coolwww something or another as suggested at the hjt website. Any suggestions on how he can get that to work? Thanks!

A:HJT keeps closing

I'm sure you meant CRUD....

====

Try the older version of HJT (link info below) or try it in Safe Mode. It's not preferred, but it's a start.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis1982.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. Open up the result.txt file created. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-keeps-closing-33357.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello This is my second visit to this forum The last time the help I received here saved my computer from horrible malware I wasn't sure what it was this time but I thought I'd come back again My Internet Explorer is closing itself down inexplicably On certain sites like Hotmail it closes down even before the page loads No error message nothing I did all the prep work ran Adware SpyBot CCCleaner and now HijackThis Here is my log Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services IE closing itself by exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c IE closing by itself Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost IE closing by itself exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore IE closing by itself exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BhoApp Class - CB BA - E F- - D -E D B FE A - C Program Files WinBudget bin matrix dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C DOCUME Owner Desktop SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Reminder quot C Windows Creator Remind XP exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run DataLayer C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe -onlytray O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot C Program Files Logitech Video ManifestEngine exe quot boot O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - HKCU Run PcSync C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe NoDialog O - HKCU Run swg C Program Fil... Read more

A:IE closing by itself

Please help somebody..i'm desparate!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-closing-by-itself-130394.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I would like to know how to make my Windows Media Player shutdown automatically after he had read a file.

Thx, inteljoc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-wmp-9.237301/
Relevancy 30.1%
Q: Closing

Is 'File/Exit' gone completely in Windows 7? Am I now supposed to close from the red X in far right top?

A:Closing

Hi,

In what program is the File > Exit missing?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141381-closing.html