Windows Support Forum

Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden

Q: Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden

Heres a little about my setup Lenovo Z Windows Pro single me for sudden all a rights of Asking admin HDD split into partitions for windows program files the other data for my data Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden downloads etc User account administrator This began happening about a week ago i first noticed it when i tried to download a file via Google Chrome when i tried to save the file to my HDD a nd partition on my disk chrome told me I don't have permissions to save to this folder and that i should try to save it to user downloads instead Since then i've found i am no longer able to write to that partition without either being prompted for elevated privs or being denied totally For example Download a file Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden from the internet with chrome firefox ie Extracting rar zips files via right-click i have to open Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden them in winrar and extract manually Create a folder in explorer quot Destination folder access denied quot quot You need confirm this operation quot I have UAC Settings are set to quot Never Notify quot I've tried taking Ownership of every file folder on my data drive I've uninstalled all software there where applications installed since this started happening I've removed all windows updates since this started happening now i've ran out of things to try so i'm posting here for anyone who may know whats causing this and how i can fix it Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asking me for admin rights all of a sudden

Maybe: Disable UAC completely

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22654-asking-me-admin-rights-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 29.24%

So I sometimes play World Of Tanks on low settings with a stable 60-80 fps and suddenly it's gone down to 15-25 fps. This has happened before and it somehow went back up to 60-80 but I don't know what I did. Please help as I can barely play any of my games anymore!

My Dxdiag is attached

A:Sudden drop in fps

What other games? If it's impacting most games it's usually temperature related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-fps.204362/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Samsung RF510 laptop; really nice and plays games nicely, but as of yesterday I've had a problem.

Whenever -anything- that runs causing the fan to start roaring and the vents to get hot, the laptop will suddenly shut down after just 10 minutes. It could be games, I could be rendering a video in sony vegas, doesn't matter.

Thing is, the corner where the vents were would always get really hot on my laptop and this has never posed a problem before; only now it is suddenly shutting down. It's never done this before yesterday, and I mean never. Even a week straight of 5 hours of Borderlands on max settings every night never caused an issue.

Would blowing compressed air into the vents help? Is there a known issue (I did LOTS of searching all day, though it only found people with similar problems who haven't fixed them)? should I try something else completely?

I would appreciate any advice! I can provide additional specs if necessary.

A:Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

Compressed air might help. Is this notebook on a flat surface when you use it? Try not to use these thing on bed covers and sheets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-overheating-problem-after-six-months-advice.166292/
Relevancy 28.81%

My current system was built in May of 2012 and has been rock solid until like now.

I have had 4 out of 6 USB ports fail on me at once. I can't scan, can't print and the only two that are working I have both my mouse and keyboard in them because I had to transfer them yesterday the ones I had them connected to for almost 2 years. My printer was working fine yesterday and then that port failed today. I have tried booting and rebooting to no avail.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H. If anyone can recommend to me a good solid Z77 board I'd appreciate it because if the last two ports go I won't be able to use my keyboard or mouse and then I'll have some real grief to deal with.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 29.24%

Hello everyone,

recenlty my computer started having fps drops on every single game and I dont know why, I removed the antivirus, defragmented hard disks , I even reinstalled windows and I m getting desparate on this. What other possible solutions do I have to ?

Running an alienware m17x r3

nvidia gtx 580m

16gb of ram

2860qm 2.5 ghz

I m not sure if this is the problem or if it helps but this is a sceenshot of the task manager while the fps drop happens ( http://oi46.tinypic.com/24opssg.jpg )

note that this "fps drop" does not happen only on gaming, but while doing much simplier things lets say right click on desktop .... ( it takes some extra seconds to show the results of right clicking )

please help

A:Sudden fps drop

When the lag happens again, click on the 'processes' tab and order by CPU usage. Post screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-fps-drop.190001/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all few days ago my laptop suddenly experience lag in everything except for sound output and the motion of the mouse cursor It is the st time this laptop has ever lag so seriously My laptop is an ASUS A VD with Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz and GB RAM usable it has windows home premium -bit The hard drive containing the OS still has GB of free space Considering the specs above my laptop shouldn t have any problem with sudden lag Laptop speed I usually use it to browse the internet youtube some gaming Need for speed Most Wanted amp Shift Crysis Warhead Prototype and online games for - hours straight However overheating doesn t seem to be the factor of lagging Laptop sudden lag as it even lags after just Laptop sudden lag turning on the laptop I ve tried shutting down and restarting several times and the interesting fact is that it doesn t actually lags until a few minutes after starting up It also doesn t lag a bit when in safe mode With that I eliminated the probability of hardware malfunction Laptop sudden lag I ve run several antivirus checks and updated my nvidia driver but the lag is still persistent Opening closing a folder application scrolling up and down a web page even viewing a downloaded video also lags Windows Task Manager shows a reading of - of CPU usage and physical memory being used with just the browser opened Fraps shows a maximum fps when a video is playing With the details given above I hope someone could help me solve this annoying lag Thanks in advance D nbsp

A:Laptop sudden lag

This type of "lag" can be caused by a virus or other type of malware infection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sudden-lag.198552/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey there.

I recently bought and installed the game Godus. After I installed the game, lots of my other games started lagging horribly, and with horribly I mean below 10 fps. To mention a few (if it helps), theres the following: Rising storm, Dead Island: Riptide, Planetside 2.

Ive tried to run SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Tuneup Utilities 2014 and I have AVG antivirus installed.

I have the latest java drivers, flash drivers and nvidia drivers.

This is my specs:
Running Win 7 ulti 64 bit.
Core i5-2500k 3,3 GHz
8 gigs of ram
GeForce GTX 570
and the MB is a Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3

Any help/fixes/solutions or suggestions is MUCH appreciated, as this is starting to annoy me quite a lot.

Thanks in advance.

A:All of a sudden, my games lags

Have you tried to uninstall the Godus game to see if that fixes the problem? Even if it doesn't, its worth a try. You can always re-install it afterwards if it does or doesn't correct the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-of-a-sudden-my-games-lags.196741/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey,

I bought a pre-built gaming computer a few months ago and I've had no lag(FPS) problems at all. Today when I booted it, I opened my favorite game and its lagging like crazy. I don't know if its something bottlenecking or its some kind of malware/virus etc. I've tried Malwarebytes(free version) and deleted the files that were said to be infected, still having lots of lag. Please help guys, Thanks!

PC SPECS:
Intel Core i5-3330 @ 3GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8GB RAM @ 1600MHz
500W PSU
1TB WD Blue 7200RPM Internal Drive

A:Games all of the sudden lagging

You are fine. Try downloading the latest nvidia driver from here. Choose the "Custom Install" option then Check the box that says "Clean Install". Tell me if that fixes the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-all-of-the-sudden-lagging.196608/
Relevancy 28.38%

Long of it Hey I was playing Minecraft this Friday night when suddenly the screen stopped working correctly The moniter diplays everything fuzzy similer to the background here However at the top of my screen maybe about a centimeter everything is fine I can see the title bar of open folders and even managed to move my task bar up to the top of the screen and can see it about half way I can start the computer and access folders programs threw guessing where the icons are or using the keyboard to select the icons Works best when I have hot keys to work with to remove the clicking guesswork I m not sure what is going on with my laptop I purchased it almost a year ago on June th So I m probably out of luck on the manufacturer s warranty but I did purchase the year warranty from Wallmart so I m trying there But as my collage classes start on the th sooner I can get my laptop working the better Short of it The graphics on my Dell Laptop ain t working properly I can see a centimeter at the top properly but that is it The computer itself still works on issue Laptop Dell Sudden graphics I can open access everything I just don t have a visual on the GUI to make clicking things easy Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem while waiting to hear back about my warranty Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop Or am I just out of luck My laptop is an Inspiron N Intel Core i - M Processor GB Memory Integrated Intel HD Graphics Windows Home Premiun -bit Microsoft Office Starter Dell Stage software nbsp

A:Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

It's the sort of screen corruption seen when the integrated graphics are shot. The laptop probably needs a new motherboard. Playing high intensity video games for long periods on laptops isn't a good idea unless they have been designed to do the job. That warranty should come in handy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-graphics-issue-on-dell-laptop.195152/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello I have a three games a are all All of sudden lagging online year old ASUS gaming laptop with Windows GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX M video card I noticed a problem when I could no longer All online games are lagging all of a sudden play Mass Effect multiplayer online without considerable lag The last time this happened I was having CPU spikes but that was fixed This time none of that is happening when All online games are lagging all of a sudden I am having lag I tried lowering the graphics settings and updating my graphics card and doing windows updates with only very minor improvement When I have tried playing games such as Left for Dead Orcs Must Die and Diablo online through Steam and Origin I keep losing connection and getting booted out of games It happened last night and I couldn t make it through a game without getting kicked off My internet connection itself is fine and I haven t experienced any lag when just surfing the web I haven t tried youtube yet though I don t understand why it s doing this all of a sudden The only thing that I have downloaded in the past couple of weeks was Quicktime and Java because I am in grad school and one of my professors keeps posting lectures via Quicktime I really would like to be able to fix this with your help and not have to take it in if possible I m a poor college student and I just want to play Mass Effect with my boyfriend nbsp

A:All online games are lagging all of a sudden

Hi there RayRay,

It might help to download the latest wireless drivers for your laptop. I'm sure if you go to the ASUS website for your specific laptop, there will be a download section where you can download drivers. Look if you can find one for your Ethernet (LAN) port if you are connecting via cable to the internet, or one for your wireless one. Let me know if this is any help.

From a fellow poor university student

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-are-lagging-all-of-a-sudden.190165/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have an Alienware m17x and I have been playing games on this primarily using steam for the last year. In that time I have never experienced any FPS problems. Last night I was playing DayZ for a while and it seemed that my charger was getting extremely warm so I stopped playing. Today I tried to play and discovered that my fps was really low. I then tested out Battlefield 3 as it is a graphically challenging game and I had never had problems with it before. It seems I am getting low fps with all of my games and I think it may have something to do with my charger not enhancing performance as it should but I'm not sure because the charger still charges the laptop fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Getting really low fps with all video games all of a sudden :(

Conor said:

I have an Alienware m17x and I have been playing games on this primarily using steam for the last year. In that time I have never experienced any FPS problems. Last night I was playing DayZ for a while and it seemed that my charger was getting extremely warm so I stopped playing. Today I tried to play and discovered that my fps was really low. I then tested out Battlefield 3 as it is a graphically challenging game and I had never had problems with it before. It seems I am getting low fps with all of my games and I think it may have something to do with my charger not enhancing performance as it should but I'm not sure because the charger still charges the laptop fine. Any help would be greatly appreciatedClick to expand...

Dude, I have the exact same problem! In fact, I just made the exact same post basically. I have an Alienware m17x. Last night my laptop got very hot, for some reason, and my FPS rates were lower. I can still play games but it seems that it is not as smooth.

Previously when I had FPS problems it was because my "power supply" settings where set to minimum. When I set them back to average it was fine. Today when I set my power settings to maximum power it seems to make my game run fine. But still the problem is why? It should not take maximum power usage. Something is wrong here and I do not know what it is. Maybe the fans need to be dusted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-really-low-fps-with-all-video-games-all-of-a-sudden.183400/
Relevancy 29.24%

It just started rattling and grinding and sounding terrible. It's the case fan on the back, not the side, not the power supply or the psu, I know this because I reached in and put my finger in the fan on the back, stopping it, and it was what was causing the noise.
It was so loud that I actually inhibited the fan so it's not working now. My case is open so I figured it wouldn't get too hot in there, but what can I do to fix the fan?
Blowing it out with an air can didn't do any good.

A:My case fan all of a sudden got really loud!

The bearings might be failing. It happens. You just replace the fan with a new one. It's easy and new case fans don't cost too much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-case-fan-all-of-a-sudden-got-really-loud.171437/
Relevancy 27.95%

it was working fine this morning, and i'd left my computer copying files on to it all day, and when i got back to it just now it started telling me that this hard drive doesn't exist.. it had it as g:, and i have another one plugged in now called f: (which is showing up okay), and my computer's hard drive is split in two, c and d, so it's not a name confusion thing.. just stopped working all of a sudden, even its little light isn't lighting up.. .. i managed to use it fine once before, to copy files on to (needed to do that so i didn't lose everything when i wiped my computer's hd, for another reason (most stubborn virus i've ever met)).. .. so what should i do now? is my stuff still salvagable?

A:WD hard drive, almost brand new, not showing up in my computer all of a sudden

Is it an external hdd? You could start Disk Management (press start, and run diskmgmt.msc). If your hdd shows up there you can right click and assign a new drive letter.
You can also try to connect it to another computer.

Sadly it's also possible that your hard drive just died, even if it's new. In that case you should return it to wherever you bought it and get a replacement, but your data could be difficult to recover (maybe it's possible, but very expensive). One of my Transcend external drives stopped working after only a few weeks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-drive-almost-brand-new-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-all-of-a-sudden.169342/
Relevancy 27.95%

Well I have been playing it for about a week now and it runs smooth maxed out and 4x AA. Now all of a sudden it runs at like 3 FPs and even when I switch to low settings its 10 FPS. WTF is going on? I've tried rebooting and ending most of the big processes in task manager. Also it runs fine in single player as normal but multiplayer is totally messed up n laggy. I have current date drivers and Game Boost which helped to increase FPS a bit so could it be that? because it started the second time I used BFBC2 with gameboost on. I run it through Steam too. Please help this is annoying. Oh and if this is important when I start playing CPU usage jumps to 100%. I'm not sure if it did that before.

A:FPS lagging problem all of a sudden? (games ran smooth but suddenly lag)

wwhat are your system specs? and please try updating all your drivers before trying anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-lagging-problem-all-of-a-sudden-games-ran-smooth-but-suddenly-lag.164138/
Relevancy 27.95%

I found my screen goes black suddenly with lagged sound when i am watching video. It is the same when i am playing on both PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2429.51 and Windows Media Player 11. Below are the specifications:

1. AMD Phenom II X2 560BE at stock speed.
2. 2 x Kingston Value Series DDR3-1333 2GB ram (Ganged)
3. Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard (Bios version: F5a)
4. Gigabyte Radeon HD5750 GDDR5 1GB graphic card
5. WD-5000AADS Caviar Green 500 GB hard drive
6. Creative SB Audigy Value
7. Coolermaster Extreme Power 460W psu
8. Coolermaster Hyper 212+ cooler
9. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
10. ATI Catalyst 11.2

Is my computer dying?

A:Sudden black screen and lagged sound when playing videos

have you tried different player? i.e. vlc or media player classic.
it can also be a codec issue, have you tried other video types?

yes i have tried both PowerDVD Mk I and Mk II and both are filled with bugs, especially when dealing with certain codecs. although i have to admit the video effects are sometimes useful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-black-screen-and-lagged-sound-when-playing-videos.163317/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok I had
Asusu P6T Deluxe Version 2 Motherboard
Intel 980X Extremem CPU
EVGA Nvidia GTX295 Video CArd
12GB DDR3 Ram
1TB Western Digital Sata Drive
139 MB Western Digital Raptor Drive
DVD RW Blue Ray Burner
Card Reader
Thermaltake V6 Case
Corsair 1000 Watt Power Supply
Linksys WMP600 Wireless N Nic Card

Two things have changed

I know have the Asus P6TD Deluxe Motherboard
Linksys AE1000 Wireless N USB

A:Lag all of a sudden

What resolution are you playing at. Is this drops in fps or actual lag, lag has more to do with you're isp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lag-all-of-a-sudden.159717/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Today I experience the oddest thing I have ever seen on my PC This morning the power on button would not start my PC I checked the cable and the wall socket and popped the case to look inside Nothing seemed out of the ordinary I turned the case on its shut no start - random downs Sudden side to get better lighting inside and the PC started right up I Sudden no start - random shut downs was surprised at that so I stood it back up and it shut down I hit the power button and nothing happened so I tilted it on its side and hit the button and voila power So I let it boot and after its all done and windows is up I can use everything normally with no issues I turned Sudden no start - random shut downs the tower back up and it stayed on Not minutes later it shut off again and immediately restarted The second time it did this it ran a disk check Im assuming because of the sudden shut downs and it turned out fine Right now the PC stays on like nothing is wrong when its laying on its side As soon as I stand it back up it shuts down within a minute and restarts Its a Dell XPS Intel Core Quad Q ghz gig ram bit OS Windows Vista I have installed Nvidia Extra Case fans This PC has worked flawlessly since I bought it a year and a half ago and immediately installed the card and fans This is the first issue I have had and it feels like some sort of power short rather than an actual PC issue Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Sudden no start - random shut downs

Sounds like your switch might be faulty what I would try is jiggling the wire to the power switch to see it shuts down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-no-start-random-shut-downs.159667/
Relevancy 28.81%

Suddenly my laptop turned off and restarted, no blue-screen, nothing.

As I tried to log-in, I noticed the keyboard no longer worked. I plugged in a USB keyboard which allowed me to log-in successfully. I looked at my drivers and there were three 'Base System Device' drivers not installed, I attempted to install them - only two installed, but none of them fixed my keyboard problem.

I've attempted to reinstalling drivers from the CD, as well as updating the drivers from the DELL website - it hasn't worked.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem is? Is it a hardware problem / keyboard connections frazzled?

Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Keyboard not working after sudden restart

Try a system restore...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-working-after-sudden-restart.158748/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have (Intel Sudden slow-down only 2.4 Ghz) processor 6850, now an Core Duo Ghz an ASUS Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz) PK board and DDR Corsair TwinX CL PC RAM Since the bios settings were accidentally reset a few weeks ago the processor is only running at Ghz anymore With some help from old threads in this forum I found a too Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz) low FSB speed is the reason The FSB should be Mhz In Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz) fact now it is only Mhz Due to this the processor now only runs at Mhz instead of Mhz Also I can t use the full RAM speed either the maximum i get is Mhz Mhz at a Ratio not Mhz as would normally be possible Problem is any attempts so far to get the FSB to a higher speed in the bios fail i already set manual Ai overclocking FSB speed and it just keeps ignoring these settings Any idea why this happens and why the previous settings stopped working to begin with after no problems for more than years nbsp

A:Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz)

Have you checked the CPU multiplier in BIOS? Sometimes that's actually what has reset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-processor-slow-down-intel-6850-now-only-2-4-ghz.151342/
Relevancy 28.38%

Here are my computer specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9750
-Ram: 8 GB
-Hard drive: 750 GB
-Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 integrated graphics.
- PSU: 250 watt

I play video games fine on my computer, usually around 30 FPS. But sometimes, my FPS will drop to around 2 FPS, and stay like that for about 2 minutes, then return to normal. During this, my computer runs very slow. Does anyone know why it's doing this? (This just started recently. I've had my computer for about a year.)

A:Sudden crashes when playing video games

Totally wrong power supply for the equipment listed...
Have you tried just trading out the power supply for one with over 500 watts and good connectors, for a short test?

Depending on the brand and model of the 750 GB hdd, that could be contributing to the problem...

The CPU and the graphics card will also have peformance sufferance with that power supply

When you replace it, get a first class, decent one... from the many posts here on techspot... There are about 10 brands that are good and 80 that are bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-when-playing-video-games.151617/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys, I have this PC with this spec:

RAM - 2x kingston 2GB DDR3
VGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTS250
MB - GIGABYTE S-SERIES GA-P41T-ES3G
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
PSU - SimCool 430W

My problem is that my PC starts to give me sudden shut down problem. no warning, no nothing, just shut down like when we pull the power plug.

I went to the shop where I bought this PC to check for any hard drive error, and they said nothing is wrong with it. they gave me a new power cable, the PC lasted for a 1 or 2 days without the problem.

And then now it started to give me this problem all over again.

Any comments or speculation on where the problem is?
anything i need to know to fix this?

Thanks for the help guys =)

A:Sudden shut down problem after not being turned on for 2 months

It could be any number of issues. What are your system temperatures? Sudden shut-downs can be caused by an overheating CPU.

Use HWMonitor to check your temps. If they're under control then it may be a problem with the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-shut-down-problem-after-not-being-turned-on-for-2-months.150754/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 29.24%

this pc is running fine almost a years then one day i normally power it up all of a sudden it display a quick BSOD then restart itself very quick I try this option-safemode last known good config it really can t boot to windows i try to repair windows using windows rec console with my xp cd post Ecs-motherboard no sudden but it hangs and freezes on screen and no response on keyboard i try this a few times Ecs-motherboard sudden no post but still it freezes I go to Cmos it still freezes The last option I did was opening the case and try reseatting the ram and Ecs-motherboard sudden no post cleaning the dust on heatsink itself This time when i powered the pc no post no signal and no display i try clearing the cmos and another ram still no post i removed the battery and change with a working one still no post do you think my mobo is dead Is there any option to get my mobo to get it signal and post again Pls help me guys I don t want to buy a new mobo Is there any option to repair this mobo nbsp

A:Ecs-motherboard sudden no post

This might have been caused by a failed hard drive in the beginning. Now it may well be a bad motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-motherboard-sudden-no-post.146355/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi. My computer is around 2yrs old and it has always serve me well in games. It's only recently that it started to drop frame rates all of a sudden while gaming. I didn't have this problem b4 wif the same games and I did clean my cooler fins and fans once in a while. Anybody has any idea?

A:Sudden drop in frame rate during gaming

whats games are you playing that have the drop in frame rate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-frame-rate-during-gaming.145137/
Relevancy 27.95%

Last night my computer froze, so I turned it off and on. When I turned it back on a screen popped up saying "yadayadayada mainboard" pentium inside, and in the corner it says bios-delete. There was nothing different, thats whats always been there since I got the computer. After that, it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. I can hear the computer running and I know everythings on. Any ideas whats going on? It just did this out of the blue

A:My computer turns on, shows one screen, then blackness. Sudden problem

What type of computer?
What is the OS?
What model, brand an etc?
Did this ever happen prior to this issue?
What where you doing prior when this first happen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-turns-on-shows-one-screen-then-blackness-sudden-problem.140571/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 26.23%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 27.95%

I just bought an Acer Aspire 7520 (exhibition piece, used - like new) and received it in the post yesterday morning. After a whole day of running fine, I used a friend's T-Mobile Web'n'Walk usb dongle later in the day and about halfway through install the system froze (except for cursor motion, I couldn't click on anything). I forced a restart, and after the initial boot screen it was left on an almost completely black screen with a white blinking underscore in the top left corner, even left for a while this didn't change.

I've tried restoring default settings in the f2 Boot Menu, leaving the system shut down over night, but nothing else so far as I don't want to damage it further.

Please help!

A:Acer Aspire 7520, sudden boot problem

The hard drive data may be corrupted, or the hard drive may just be bad. Pull out the hard drive and see if you get a display of the initial post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-7520-sudden-boot-problem.128954/
Relevancy 29.24%

I play world of warcraft, and sometimes when I'm playing in full screen mode, i accidentally hit the windows key, which stops the game because the start bar has been initiated. Every time it does that, it either takes forever to ''catch up'' (meaning my desktop takes forever to ''load'') or what usually happens is my computer will all the sudden quickly shut off, and restart immediately. I really don't know the cause of this, my computer is custom build, but the mobo and processor are really outdated. Everything else is fairly new. Could the processor be the problem?

A:Weird sudden restart

What are your system specs? What operating system are you running? Whilst you're playing, is everything running fine? You could always try not hitting the Windows key during gameplay lol.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-sudden-restart.127843/
Relevancy 29.24%

Well this strikes me as very odd today and failure drive Sudden for well over a month now my PC was running perfectly fine when tonight windows was wanting me to do a shutdown to install updates I was talking on the phone so I just let it do its thing Updates installed as usual and then my PC shutdown This all seemed to Sudden drive failure work as usual with no problems however the problem starts from this When I turned my PC on again my Sudden drive failure primary Sudden drive failure drive had disappeared And I don t mean just the partition disk in my bios no longer shows up I tried changes the plugs around plugging it into disk sata port and vice versa to test if it was a plug problem that was not the problem I checked the power supply plug not the problem I put the drive in an external enclosure and connected it to my laptop and it doesn t appear The light on the enclosure just show purple blue being working stand by red being failure and purple being disk access I let it sit for a couple minutes but nothing I can feel the drive spinning and it does heat up a little it doesn t get too hot either I already know this is not an OS related problem because the drive just doesn t want to be recognized The drive is less than a year old and is a Seagate GB I can get more information on the drive if you believe it to be helpful This drive is by far my most important drive unfortunately and its loss would be more than a significant pain in the back side To think of all days this is to happen it happens on my birthday Any help or advice is always appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Sudden drive failure

Sucks dude, sounds dead to me. I've never had one fail that way though (and I've had several die on me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drive-failure.126810/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 26.23%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 28.81%

We have a linkys wireless n router and my laptop has a n card. We have the fastest connection possible from mediacom. Out of no where the connection on my laptop has been very slow, I still have a full signal its just slow. The connection on the pc that we have the modem hooked up to that is wired is just like normal though. We have had the router since Christmas and it has worked fine up till now. What could the problem be and how could we fix this??

A:Internet connection slow all of the sudden

Download CCleaner and run.

Then do the following, followed by enter. From Start-->Run-->CMD

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /renew
net stop "DNS Client"
net start "DNS Client"

Then do the following:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Refer here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/ietopten.mspx
For even more options

Then reply back

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-slow-all-of-the-sudden.108821/
Relevancy 29.24%

I input. of sudden, a PC all some died need have an AM ghz stock never really started PC died all of a sudden, need some input. OC ing this rig as it was fast enought and I was too lazy gt lt on an Abit AN x fatal ty mobo got a pair of mb OCZ gold something DDR - sticks for dual channel etc and a GT cant remember what make but a PC died all of a sudden, need some input. good one The rig PC died all of a sudden, need some input. ran perfectly for nearly a year and then just suddenly died as if the power failed I couldnt boot it it worked for half a sec and then it died again now this was clearly something to do with the psu a morex w I didnt upgrade the psu when I bought this upgrade so I got a thermaltake toughtpower w supposed to be great and now it runs but the POST cod led either says complete guru intial process AWARD BIOS take over booting job or DDR voltage ready now I tried changing round the ram in different dimm s and configs but imo the ram is good as it worked perfectly before and it normally doesnt just die like that Now I ve found out that Abit had problems with the first few boards the HSF on the mobo wasnt fitted right or something and guess what serial number mine has xD FAS UDD but I havnt had probs with it temps were great I could try a RMA as it could fix any other problems there might be with the mobo But as it might be something else some input is more then welcome anyone have the same prob with this mobo -thanks in advance nbsp

A:PC died all of a sudden, need some input.

Sounds as if the PSU took the board with it when it failed. Sorry to give you the bad news. Cheer up - get a better board!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-died-all-of-a-sudden-need-some-input.84912/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 31.82%

My company corporate office sent on Administrative Rights Laptop---help! Dell me a used Dell D this week I love the centrino techonlogy and it s much lighter and faster than my own personal HP Pavilion workhorse My problem is that the laptop is set up with user and administrator rights This stinks I can t download any applications Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help! update software even change the clock on the thing I wont have to return the laptop until I leave the job anyway so I want to be able to load Firefox Java GTA etc for when I travel with it Is Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help! there a way to crack the password and log on as an Administrator so I have permissions to change things and load programs or alternately can I dump the whole thing reload XP and start over I have the XP disk from my old HP I am not so good with computers but it would be a shame to travel for work as much as I do and be stuck in a hotel in Billings playing minesweeper nbsp

A:Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help!

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Well
this can be tricky but do-able.
Check This Link
or This Link

G'Luck & safe travel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrative-rights-on-dell-laptop-help.32092/
Relevancy 28.38%

Recently I ve been getting a strange issue when play games both online and offline I play the game but while I m playing I experience short durations video FrameRate? in Drop Sudden bad card? of severe drop in Sudden Drop in FrameRate? bad video card? frame rate It occurs when I play WoW CSS half-life Sudden Drop in FrameRate? bad video card? etc etc It s not lag because it happens in single player games as well It was working fine till around days ago and then this Sudden Drop in FrameRate? bad video card? suddenly happened I reinstalled the driver and still same thing Also sometimes the textures graphics on the screen don t render correctly leaving objects too shiny or leaving black red spots on the wall ground mostly Counterstrike Source I performed stress tests ran Dmark tests etc etc and all those come up perfectly normal But when I play games it has frame rate drops As of now nothing has helped resolve this situation temperatures are within normal limits for the CPU motherboard video card etc All the fans are running correctly What s wierd is that I downgraded the drive for my graphics card to and that resolved that texture problem but it still has the frame rate issue Here are my specs Btw i got the computer like months ago GPU EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTS CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz Sound Blaster Audigy MoBo Asus P N -SLI SE Deluxe nForce SLI Chipset LGA RAM gig PC DDR Dual Channel Memory Apevia W DARK SIDE POWER ATX Power Supply Also nothing is overclocked Would really appreciate some help with his Is it a bad graphics card I mean it s still pretty new and it was working fine till around days ago nbsp

A:Sudden Drop in FrameRate? bad video card?

oh and I haven't changed anything on the computer. All the graphics settings are the same from when it was working fine. And the background programs are pretty much all disabled except for a few key ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-framerate-bad-video-card.86147/
Relevancy 28.38%

It Just Turned Off All Of a Sudden - Linksys WRT160N Dead?

Well we just got a wireless router today from Best Buy since we bought a laptop.

Anyways, the router just stopped suddenly after my sis connected a USB device to the main computer.

Then when I unplugged and replugged it in, the router just started to blink and still couldn't connect!!!

We're probably going to exchange it tomorrow or tonight but can anyone diagnose the problem for me.

Router is the Linksys WRT160N just to remind you guys.

Thank You,
Tim

A:Linksys WRT160N Dead? It Just Turned Off All Of a Sudden

Reset your router to factory defaults by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds

If it's still a no go, replace under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wrt160n-dead-it-just-turned-off-all-of-a-sudden.105131/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Thanks,
G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-admin-tools-and-command-prompt-from-terminal-session.103873/
Relevancy 26.23%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings,

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

TY,

XaNaToS

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-eeprom-on-dell-inspiron-8100-admin-bios-pw.102977/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.
Ozmaia

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc8230-laptop-bios-admin-password.102649/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've recently bought a samsung 961bf monitor and it's been good. However, on two ocassions my screen went blank and there's this "analog/digital" box popping up as if it didnt have any signal. It happened twice when i was watching movies on windows media player.Everything on windows was still running fine as i can hear the movie playing without the display. I pressed the "source" button on the monitor for a few times to detect the signal but it wouldn't work. So i had to shut down my pc and turn it on back.And then the display comes back. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my monitor?

A:Monitor has no signal out of a sudden

please check you power options first. it might be set to turn of the monitor after a while. this also happens while there is a movie playing and sometimes causes the computer to "hang" even if it doesn't look like that and you still hear sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-has-no-signal-out-of-a-sudden.96211/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys i ve recently taken delivery of a new custom pc The specs are case lian li to overheating? Any shutdown sudden for due suggestions cooling water-cooling of cpu gpu and northbridge cpu quadcore intel core extreme qx overclocked to mhz x m board asus p k premium wifi-ap black pearl edition chipset intel bearlake p Any suggestions for sudden shutdown due to overheating? psu hiper hpu- m watts ram gb crucial ballistix mhz ddr ram reported as x gb ddr - ddr sdram - - - mhz - - - mhz gfx bfg overclocked nvidia geforce mb gtx hdd x wd raptor gb sata in a raid configuration sound creative sb x-fi xtreme audio sound card os windows vista home premium bios version american megatrends i ve had one or two problems with the computer but most notably i had an issue with the cpu apparently overheating I turned on the computer first thing in the morning so it had been off all night and i d barely logged into windows when it just shut down without warning I tried again and it happened before i got as far as windows so i rebooted and quickly went into the bios to see what the hardware monitor was telling me It showed the cpu temperature as c which was rather alarming i presume it would ve gone higher but was limited to degrees i removed the sides of the case and had a look inside not sure what i was hoping to find really but it seemed the sensible thing to do Anyway after having a look around and giving a general prod of this and that tell me if i m getting too technical for you i decided to boot it up again to see what would happen this time It then started up fine with the cpu temperature in the high s low s Very odd It was fine for most of the day and then it did it again about hours later That was over a day ago and hasn t re-occurred since but i m still pretty worried about it I ve invested in various temperature monitoring tools namely everest ultimate sensorsview and coretemp as i m paranoid it ll fry I ve run a couple of stress tests and the maximum cpu temperature was a little under c I ve set the alarm threshold at within sensorsview as i want to shut things down before they get really hot A few days ago i changed over the supplied psu to the one referred to above as the original one was making an annoying high-pitched buzzing sound which was going through my head and driving me nuts i d never changed a psu before the limit of my experience is upgrading installing ram graphics cards sound cards etc so my first concern was that i d made a mistake in connecting things up It certainly doesn t look half as tidy inside now as i don t have any of those cable-tidy things but i m reasonably confident i ve done it ok So after all this waffle here are my questions having read stuff on the internet i gather cpus can get very hot very quickly but that seemed super-fast and if it was really that hot would it have cooled down so quickly have you heard of temperature sensors having intermittent faults assuming it is getting very hot could it be a dodgy water pump perhaps would the lack of pumping cause such rapid overheating the case felt pretty cool inside when i opened it up Any other intermittent faults you can think of Any other ideas or suggestions nbsp

A:Any suggestions for sudden shutdown due to overheating?

Your assumption is correct. 100 celsius is too high.
Something has to be wrong with your watercooler, heat sink, or you have no thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-suggestions-for-sudden-shutdown-due-to-overheating.98817/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was just playing a game Drop Sudden, Throughput Unpredictable of Team Fortress last night when suddenly and I have no better way to describe this my Internet connection slowed to Sudden, Unpredictable Throughput Drop a screeching halt I d like to be able to say that in a more technical way but I ve found it impossible to diagnose Now it s not universal Certain servers in games have pings that are just jimdandy and others are through the roof Certain websites and webpages take minutes to load on a kbps connection Unusually torrenting speeds have remained very steady although low all throughout the incident Most applications I use are superfluously portforwarded anyways A quick scan with HijackThis reveals no overtly suspicious entries AVG turns up zilch and both Spybot S D and Ad-Aware SE are both completely baffled I combed through the thirty processes I had running and not a one looked malicious or harmful to connection speed I even went to the other computer that shares this router and shut it down so there was no way it could sap bandwidth Any ideas mates nbsp

A:Sudden, Unpredictable Throughput Drop

Is this a once off error?

If so, I'd say your server had a 1 second issue, that caused your game to fault.

Also it's always wise to clean your system temp files, I use CCleaner (works well)

And, sometimes you should reset your modem / router , most leave them on forever; but a reset often helps (that's why they always say Have you tried resetting, bla bla bla)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-unpredictable-throughput-drop.98259/
Relevancy 28.38%

So the long and short of it is my network transfer speeds have bottomed out and I have no idea why Here Drop In Sudden Speeds Transfer Network are the details -My computer is running Windows XP -I am on a college campus network and we are forced to connect to the internet via Sudden Drop In Network Transfer Speeds Cisco Clean Access Agent -I have Seagate Barracuda Gb s SATA drives GB and GB -My cabling is run through a hub in my room and then from the hub s uplink to the wall but my computer is the only one plugged into the hub I ve tried it direct to the wall Sudden Drop In Network Transfer Speeds as well and it doesn t seem to have a huge impact -I added a value to my registry in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters called TcpWindowSize with Decimal value which--I think this was the cause anyways--took transfer time for a MB file down to about minutes from - but last year I was averaging about minutes for a file this size -Download Speed kbps KB sec transfer rate Upload Speed kbps KB sec transfer rate from speakeasy net speedtest -I have tried Right click gt Repair on the LAN network in Network Connections but it didn t seem to do anything I think that about covers my situation Please inquire if you want need any more or more specific information I d really like to get my computer back to where it was Thanks for the help Bumble nbsp

A:Sudden Drop In Network Transfer Speeds

Welcome to TechSpot...

Have you use the tool TCP Optimizer from www.speedguide.net.
Match your current rated download speed with this program. 0 to 20MB down.

Are you using a switch or just a hub?
How old are these hub or switch you're using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-network-transfer-speeds.97880/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi, I've recently upgraded my computer, here's the current spec:

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E6850 3.0GHz

Motherboard : Intel Classic Series DG31PR

RAM : Kingston 2GB 667MHz

HDD : 160GB

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

PSU : 450W

Everything's fine except when I play games like NeverwinterNights 2 and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast. The computer suddenly hangs and the screen blanks out after about 5-6 minutes everytime I play those games. The computer cannot reset, I have to manually turn off the power and turn on again to restart. What is the problem? My friend says it could be overheating. My idle computer temperature is around 66-69C. Is this normal? If not, what should I do?

Thanks

A:Sudden crashes while playing games...overheating?

I think the temp is too high and while you play games it will raise. did you also upgrade the cpu fan? Idle temp for intels should be 40 to 45 C.
check heat transfer paste, fan, maybe the psu gets too hot and warms up the whole desktop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-while-playing-games-overheating.96768/
Relevancy 29.24%

I plugged in a new fan to help keep my hdd's cool, and i plugged it into the board (turned off), and when i turned it back on, everything was good, speed fan detected it and it was running smooth. But, i noticed that my hdd light was continually on, but the hdd's weren't reading, so i shut down, and i unplugged the fan, hoping maybe that caused it. When it restarted, suddenly it was in 640x480. So, i checked the display settings, now it suddenly had every resolution up to like 3400x2048, but not my resolution of 1680x1050.

Frustrated, i uninstalled the video card, and reinstalled, same thing. Sooo, i uninstalled the drivers and software, restarted, and reinstalled. SAME THING.
Frustrated, i slammed my fist on the keyboard, and then came here.

The video card is a integraded ATI raedon xpress 200, the motherboard a ECS elitegroup RS482-M754.

A:Sudden loss of resolution

1680x1050
Mine doesn't show that one in my driver setup.

It is a normal one though (wide)
I wonder if the drivers you loaded does not have this one either
And the old drivers did

Go through the video settings and confirm there is no option saying enable wide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-loss-of-resolution.96757/
Relevancy 28.38%

Summary I got the infamous DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot a few days ago on my Gigabyte GA- P-DS Rev system Setup Built Nov Gigabyte GA- P-DS Rev E Core Duo GB Corsair RAM x Samsung DVD-RW s Seagate GB Barracuda Drives SeaSonic W EVGA GTO video BIOS v F Everything day to day goes relatively well a few problems here and there nothing all DS3 drives of detecting SATA/IDE the not Gigabyte sudden ever catastrophic have had at least one HD crash in the past A little overclocking here and there day in and day out I came home this past Saturday afternoon to a BSOD--not sure which one so I rebooted and got the DISK BOOT FAILURE First time I had ever seen that My single HD is plugged in the Gigabyte DS3 not detecting SATA/IDE drives all of the sudden th purple SATAII connector Previously I had been running GBs on the th and st of the purple SATAII in RAID but after one crash or so I just went back to a single drive and the other just sits on the desk The Samsung DVD-RW s are Master and Slave connected to the single IDE connector on the mobo All of the sudden when I reboot neither of the DVD-RW s are recognized in booting when it usually lists the devices HD s CDROMS and hence I cannot boot to a CD Windows Gigabyte tools I know they are getting power because the green lights on the blink upon booting and I can open and close them Power is getting to the HD Gigabyte DS3 not detecting SATA/IDE drives all of the sudden I can feel it spin but it never accesses it when booting so no crunching is heard and no click click of a crashed drive or anything I then tried to boot to the other HD same thing I tried a fresh SATA drive at work nothing same DISK BOOT FAILURE I tried multiple SATA cables to connect a HD to the various SATA connectors nothing but the DISK BOOT FAILURE I even tried a spare IDE HD connected by itself on a different IDE cable I tried several known good IDE cables connected to the IDE on the mobo Still nothing Just DISK BOOT FAILURE it will boot to a floppy but when I run SeaTools for DOS it cannot locate anything either SATA IDE in the BIOS is set to IDE though I did try RAID IDE but no different I reset the CMOS with the jumper on the mobo inconveniently under the video card which raises the question I am assuming I reset the CMOS while it is turned off Or turn it on with a jumper set I also tried quot LOAD SAFE CMOS DEFAULTS quot which undid all overclocking etc but still no good So basically I doesn t detect anything on the IDE or SATA One unusual thing though once when I did connect my SATA drive to the first Orange SATA controlled by the ICH with one of my cables and the HD did show listed as IDE and IDE I think when it very first boots but then it goes to an empty screen and just sits there I am guessing as improbable as it may seem somehow both the IDE and SATA have gone kerplunk I have started filling out an RMA for Gigabyte but was wondering if anyone had any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Gigabyte DS3 not detecting SATA/IDE drives all of the sudden

Further troubleshooting...

I was able to borrow a Promise FastTrak TX4310 SATA board to see if it would boot to one of the HDs. It did detect a drive and attempted to start windows however sometimes it would start starting Windows but then quickly reboot. Sometimes I would show the beginning of the WindowsXP Pro splash screen, but as the splash screen is working on being fully seen, there is instantly a BSOD for a microsecond and instantly reboots. Then when I try to reboot it asks if I wanna start in Safe Mode or Normal. So I try safemode and it loads files as far as "giveio.sys" and reboots.

It still won't see either of the Samsung DVD-RWs even if I run just one or the other (switched to Master or CS on the end of the cable). But during booting both the DVD-RW's green lights flash.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ds3-not-detecting-sata-ide-drives-all-of-the-sudden.96431/
Relevancy 29.24%

Ok well my sister and I were playing america s army when my internet crashed So I restarted the modem and the ethernet light came crashed HELP!! all Dell of the sudden!!! on indicating that I got the internet to my computer now but the usb did not which is the cable running to the dell So we restarted it Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!! and when we went to turn it back on Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!! it runs a blue screen really really fast so you can t even possibly read it Then it goes to where you can select to go to safe mode or start windows normally or even start windows with last known good configuration So I hit start windows normally and it comes up with the windows xp logo with the little scrolling bar But then it restarts And I get this cycle where it never Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!! boots up I tried taking out the memory modules one at a time to see if it would boot with one of them that didn t work I took out the cmos battery and that didn t work As far as I know all the cables should be good and secure I removed the PCI graphics card and used the onboard video and that didn t do anything either So I am really stuck to what to do here I do have some stuff I need to get off there so if it comes to the point that I can t get it to run I will pop it into my computer and hopefully I can get my parents program they have to do their bills with backed up So if any one has suggestions as to what could have happend that would be great I guess if it involves much of a part change or something I am probably going to junk it Specs Dell Dimension E gig of ram Geforce FX video card has been crashing a few times lately but I thought maybe it was graphics overeheating gig HD Intel Pentium Ghz processor Well it would be great if anybody has any suggestions nbsp

A:Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!!

Boot off of a recovery disk like BartPE if you can get to one and run Checkdisk.
If that doesn't work then follow this guide on doing a repair install of XP, you won't lose any files. (Famous Last Words)
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Yes it could just be overheated. Let it cool off for an hour or so and try it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-crashed-all-of-the-sudden-help.94260/
Relevancy 26.23%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-latitude-640m.89654/
Relevancy 26.23%

I couln,t find the 24C chip on the Dell XPS M1210 can someone help me so I can use the shorting Method. Help to locate the chip please or anybody knows the password for this laptop XPS M1210
Tag# 7X5GH1-595B

A:ADMIN PASSWORD on Dell XPS M1210

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86309.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-xps-m1210.90205/
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently bought a dell inspiron 6400 N series computer from a fellow soldier who left to return to the states. I was planning on using this computer for movie watching and to save pictures on to send to family. I went to turn it on one day after using it for a week and the computer started up to a screen that asked me for an administrator password. I did not receive this password or do not have knowledge of one that was saved. I cannot use this laptop and I was just starting to enjoy it! This was my way to have some down time away from this place. Can someone try and help me please? I tried to email rustam_ but got no reply. I tried to go to different websites but found no help. Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it.

A:Lost Admin Password in IRAQ help Dell6400 Inspiron

I'm assuming this is a windows password we're talking about here, and that you're running XP. If it is asking you for a BIOS password (black screen, white text), then you're probably screwed, unless there is a BIOS reset jumper within easy reach. If not, have fun opening the entire laptop to find it.

If it gets to windows and wants a password, try this:

grab either active password changer (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Active-Password-Changer.shtml)

or

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

Follow the instructions closely and there's a good chance one of the two will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-password-in-iraq-help-dell6400-inspiron.89021/
Relevancy 28.81%

My computer has decided to die on me totally just as i get to uni This is not fun seeing as everything seems to be run by email please help me to fix it When I arrived as university I installed my computer and booted it in the morning and everything worked correctly I turned the computer off and left for the day then when I returned in the afternoon I first plugged the computer into the campus network and then attempted to boot the computer At this point the computer failed to boot what so ever and the power light flashed twice When ever I tryed Sudden Death Computer Syndrome to boot the computer after this but only after the BIOS settings have been lost either through the stand by power running out or the jumper being used to clear the settings the power light would flash twice as well This and the standby power light glowing is all the activity the computer gives off The screen is totally blank no fans and no beeps I have since removed all components but the RAM processor motherboard and PSU and this results in no change in the situation My PC specification has Computer Sudden Death Syndrome been filled in in my profile I would be greatful for some help as i really need it working nbsp

A:Computer Sudden Death Syndrome

Hello, Judderman, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it could be that you power supply or motherboard have gone, maybe even both. Is there anyone you could borrow a psu from to see if it will work with a different one in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-sudden-death-syndrome.88567/
Relevancy 29.24%

Just a couple days ago I was using my Sudden boot on problem desktop computer fine like any other day but it started having some occasional freezing that would last a few seconds and go back to normal Then my whole computer locked up on me i tried to ctrl-alt-delete and my whole screen went black I had to turn off my computer with the power button wait a couple seconds and turned it back on as it was starting up I got the message quot A disk read error has occurred Press ctrl-alt-delete to restart quot I can still access my bios like normal and my Hitachi hard drive DOES Sudden problem on boot show up in the bios I m running windows Vista Ultimate x bit I tried using the Sudden problem on boot vista CD to repair the harddrive took about hours to finish whatever it was doing but it didn t help it no longer says the same message but it still doesn t boot It now displays a longer message and goes through some strange process My question is is this a hardware problem or a data problem Will a reformat fix my problem I hope not because I d like to keep my files or will I have to buy a new harddrive I wouldn t mind much because then i can hook up my current harddrive by USB or on sata and backup the files I want on my external Thanks Evan nbsp

A:Sudden problem on boot

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Test your hard drive. See this thread HERE.

If everything checks out ok. Try replacing the hard drive cable. If that still doesn`t help, then maybe a format will.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-problem-on-boot.85802/
Relevancy 26.23%

My dell d620 had its bios passwords set while I was away, either my daughter or my son are responsible, funny they both deny touching my laptop!
I bought it from ebay, and dell, well there are dell of course!

If you might be able to find some time to get my password please Thanx so much!

My service tag#6PPCPC1-595B
Express service code#14614931521

A:Dell D620 Admin/sys Password Help

Boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before the Windows screen appears. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, Administrator, and remove the passwords from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-admin-sys-password-help.80925/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi folks,

As the title of this post says, all of a sudden it seems that under my "Network Connections", a connection known as "Internet Gateway" has popped up all of a sudden... I can still connect to the internet using my WiFi connection, as I have both a WiFi connection and hardwire network available. However, before this point I was able to connect to the internet through my ethernet connection without the use of this "internet gateway". Is there any way to revert back to that, or am I stuck?

-'Mage

A:"Internet Gateway" appeared all of a sudden?

Use View Network Connections and notice which devices are connected.
Then compare that with your current network setup; eg are you wired and still
connecting via the WiFi. You write as if your normal connection is WiFi.

If your wired, then the WiFi is redundant and you could just disconnect, but this
setup is unlikely.

The normal situation would be to see
1394 Connection (which is Firewire)
Local Area Connection (which is wired ethernet)
Wireless Network Connection (the WiFi)

and only one of them with a Connected Status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-gateway-appeared-all-of-a-sudden.78166/
Relevancy 29.24%

Well this about Sudden reboot I everything! tried have problem! the Sudden reboot problem! I have tried everything! tenth time I have tried to post on this board My PC keeps rebooting and I have to keep starting all over again This is not a new problem it just has gotten a lot worse in the last few days I have tried everything to figure out what is causing the problem There seems to be no consistency to this problem It happens randomly I have tired to compile a detailed list of errors Sudden reboot problem! I have tried everything! specs and repair procedures I have tried so that we can forgo me trying things I have already tried multiple times Before we get started you need to know what my system is so I have made a detailed report of my system available at this address http members tripod com defaultsite my system htm What is my computer doing The problem manifest itself in several ways Sometimes the computer will suddenly shutoff and reboot as if you had pulled the power cord out of the wall and plugged it back in or hit a hard reset button Sometimes it will suddenly begin the shutdown and restart process Sometimes it will turn itself on by itself Sometimes it will start up and run fine for hours and then suddenly shut off and restart Other time it will run fine for just a few minutes before it does it Sometimes it will will boot up shut off and restart multiple time at different places in the boot process What errors is it reporting I have checked the Event Viewer many times and it has never reported a single error about this problem Each time I reboot the Windows error reporting tool comes up and I have sent a report off every time After sending the report a web page will open and tell me what caused the problem There have been three types of problems that this page has reported A device driver caused a quot Stop Error quot A Memory Write Error A Hardware Failure Error What have I tried Updated all drivers GPU Motherboard Bios etc Replaced master hard drive and installed fresh copy of Windows XP Replaced CMOS Motherboard Battery Unplugged power button connector from motherboard to test to see if there was a short in the button or wires Ran multiple pass memory test Windiag iso boot level memory scanner Performed thorough cleaning of tower and all components Check motherboard and CPU temperatures Performed advanced Registry scans with Iolo System Mechanics and Norton System Works Turned off Window Automatic reboot My system has suddenly rebooted several times since this and has only shown me a BSOD once See this screen at this address http members tripod com defaultsite BSOD jpg I might have done other things but I can t remember them all Here is the thing After doing all this my system is running better and faster then it was when it was brand new all except for this rebooting problem I am at my wits end as to what is causing it About the only thing left to replace is the motherboard and CPU I am about ready to do that but I just hate to throw away a good system if I don t have to So what to you think guys Have any ideas for me Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Sudden reboot problem! I have tried everything!

If you have not done this i would give it a go:

my computer>right click>properties>tools>error checking>tick both boxes>reboot

It can takes my pc about 1 1/2 hours to complete-depends on the hdd size-and your pc is not useable whilst in this mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-reboot-problem-i-have-tried-everything.74232/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi Rustam

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop off a friend that was moving out of town it was a great deal after a couple of days later i lend it to my brother and he returned it with a message saying "This computer system #2ZJTN91-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password".

Service Tag: 2ZJTN91
Express Code: 6503176693

Can you help?
Thank you.
Ruben

A:Dell Inspiron 1300 admin password problem

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68412.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-admin-password-problem.74199/
Relevancy 23.22%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-canfigure-setup-password-in-bios-remouver.74308/
Relevancy 26.23%

I bought dell inspiron 6000 2 years ago, and I'm setup the admin bios password. Now i'm forgot the password is. Please show me how to reset the admin bios password.

Thanks all

A:Inspiron 6000 admin password

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-admin-password.72047/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have recently upgraded my motherboard, fan and processor as my last one broke, some how all the pins were bust. My new spec is shown in the picture on the right:
Only trouble is when i was running my HP printer install it seemed to be installing and then when i came back to my pc it had gone off completely. I thought maybe it had shut down and not restarted after the install until its been doing it a few times not only when im installign things but just randomly, it doesnt run a shutdown it just goes off like ive pulled the plug, ive tried different sockets etc, and i am just not sure if it is liek i have read on other forums do i need to replace my power supply, i am not experienced with any of this, please help.

Max

A:Sudden Power off for no reason

I think it is the power supply. If you used the one that came with your case than that is probably the issue.

Try to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-power-off-for-no-reason.70169/
Relevancy 29.24%

i just built this computer about 2 and a half months ago and all has been well. ive been playing games like half-life2 and oblivion and everything was fine. then a few days ago i bought vanguard and i was playing it for 2-3 hours straight yesterday and the day before and everything was fine but then all of a sudden today i was playing for about a half an hour and my computer just shut down and made the beep code for cpu overheating. anyone have any suggestions as to why it can go from all is well to cpu overheating in one day?

A:CPU is overheating all of a sudden

We're going to need some sort of PC specs/info to help.

Taking a wild stab in the dark and completely guessing- I'd guess it might be a Socket 775/Intel based cpu. If so, make sure the four(4) cpu screws didn't simply come loose or settle outwards. This happens sometimes and causes the heatsink to come loose a bit so it's no longer making good contact with the CPU.

Crank them puppies back down as one may simply be loose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-is-overheating-all-of-a-sudden.69091/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi.
I was playing a game on my computer and my speakers stopped working all of a sudden. I restarted my computer and it still didnt work. i tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in but it still didnt work. Can someone please help me to fix my problem.
Thanks in Advance.

A:My speakers stopped working all of a sudden. Someone please help.

can be caused by a number of things. More than likely you blew out your speakers or your pre-amp in your sound card. or something as simple as accidently turning the volume down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-speakers-stopped-working-all-of-a-sudden-someone-please-help.68302/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I am new here and not very clever with computers so i came looking for help My older brother went off to the army recently and gave me and our Pc me started all sudden freezing the on little brother his computer he has been gone for about months or so and everything was working fine up until a couple of days ago ill post specs first i dont really know what they mean but everyone seems to be posting specs when they have Pc started freezing on me all the sudden a problem it has windows Pc started freezing on me all the sudden xp home with sp p processor gig of ddr geforce omni wt power charger not sure Pc started freezing on me all the sudden what sort of motherboard but when i take off the side panel i can see a few of numbers and names gigabyte ga s fx agp x hopefully they are the right ones ok so my problem is when i try and play sims nightlife after minutes or so the screen will stop moving but sound keeps on going also sometimes it will restart itself once this happens doesnt matter what im doing it will just stop working pressing windows start button does nothing neither does cntrl alt delte i ahve to turn it off at the switch i tried reinstalling sims and all the sims addons but that still didnt fix the problem my little brother said that when he plays world of warcraft the same problem happens he can oly play for about - mins before the screen will freeze and you cant do anything you can still here sound but nothing works you have to turn it off at the power to fix it theres a few games on the computer so i opened them and tried my best to play them and they make the computer freeze aswell i tried far cry battlefeild and command and conquer zero hour my boyfriend said it might be hot so i took the side panel off and blew a little fan into the computer and that still doesnt help it besides when its frozen nothing feels particulary hot anyways i did a virus search and it found nothing and i did a system clean up and it still keeps on freezing so he said it might be ram so he came over and we tried all sticks and they still forze hes not very good with computers and couldnt fix it so i came here any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Nicole oh and also i tried my best to make the computer freeze when not playing games and i couldnt i played music put music on my ipod burnt a blank dvd and copied a dvd onto the computer and i opened up alot of prgrams like flash photoshop dreamworks paintshop pro and all these other ones and it wont freeze only freezes during games it doesnt freeze when watching movies either Nicole nbsp

A:Pc started freezing on me all the sudden

It sounds like the pc could be overheating.

Take the side off again and give it a good dust out with a cheap unused paint brush while the pc is turned off.

Let me know if that helps or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-started-freezing-on-me-all-the-sudden.66064/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

Bun

A:Admin rights

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-rights.64936/
Relevancy 28.81%

i have an emachines w with xp i am going to give a series event that i have no idea if of death supply??? power sudden they are related or not first days ago my computer lost its network connection while it was in use after restarting a couple of times it worked again the following morning i lost my network connection again after some effort i got it back then last night the computer lost the internet connection while i was using it i tried to restart and it froze up in the middle of booting up i kept trying to reboot and eventually got the BSOD the error said something about NV unfortunately i did not write this one down i tried to do a system restore but it froze in the middle of it when i got up this morning i tried starting it sudden death of power supply??? a few times sometimes it would seem to boot up never with a network connection then i got the BSOD again this time the error was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA i got this error a couple of times in between it almost booting then it would not even start when i turn it on the fans cut on and the yellow standby light comes on but it never goes any further now that is where it s at in a coma or on its deathbed any suggestions on what to do i have thousands of photos on there that i need to retrieve nbsp

A:sudden death of power supply???

Emachines are notorious!!!! They are cheaply made with the cheapest components!!!! If the psu (power supply unit)has died then it will almost certainly blow the mobo (motherboard) too!!!!

If it is still under warranty then get Emachines to fix it, if not, it's probably gonna cost!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-death-of-power-supply.62533/
Relevancy 29.24%

Yet another networking problem.. Yesterday my desktop in my room, which is connected to a wireless network, was working fine and then last night I noticed that my yahoo weather widget said "no connection". I didnt feel like messing with it because I figured tha all i had to do was unplug the router and plug it back in like usual. Well i did that today and still no network connection. The computer hooked up to the router works fine and so does my laptop which is sitting 5 feet from the problem computer right now. I have tried restarting, system restore, and unplugging/plugging back in the wireless adapter but all that happens is that the "wireless" LED evenly blinks. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

A:Sudden Networking Problem

power off everything.

P-on the modem and let it settle down

P-on the router and let it settle down

Now connect/P-on your computer(s)

get a command prompt and enter ping google.com

should produce results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-networking-problem.60074/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Hi

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

Regards

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d400-admin-password.59201/
Relevancy 29.24%

So tonite I left for 30 minutes, before I left, I ran Ad-Aware, Spy Sweeper and Nortons one button check-up to get rid of some junk, I came back home and closed em all out and now Windows can't see my 2nd drive. I have it labeled as D dive, it it hold my pictures, music, vidoes, etc...the OS, Program files, drivers, etc are on my C drive...

I dont know what happened but I need to know if my D drive is around....can someone help me?

A:Windoes cant see my 2nd HD all of a sudden

Right-click on "My Computer" and select "manage". Does the "d" drive show under Disk management?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windoes-cant-see-my-2nd-hd-all-of-a-sudden.58150/
Relevancy 26.23%

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ 192.168.2.1 . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

A:Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or 192.168.2.3 vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-admin-page-on-belkin-router.55043/
Relevancy 29.24%

xxx[/COLOR

While working on my newly built computer, all of a sudden the monitor went black. I checked all of my cables, graphic card , and monitor on a different system and they all worked fine. Occaisionally I get a flicker of an image on the monitor so I can tell that the OS is booting up and going to my desktop.
I can't figure out what it might be but the mobo so I switched it out with a new one and it does the same thing.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and do you have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated

Intel Pentium D 830 Dual Core
ASUS P5WD2 Premium Board
Nvidia,6600GT Graphics Card PCI-E
Corsair Twin 1024 6400

A:Lost Video all of a sudden

Hi. Have you checked your primary graphics adapter settings in the bios?
at what stage of boot up does it go blank? If you are able to boot into safe mode! try installing the the MB graphics driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-video-all-of-a-sudden.53514/
Relevancy 29.24%

OK I have a GA-K NF- Gigabyte motherboard Athlon CPU GB memory Antec watt PSU Everything was going fine I shut the pc down at night then the next day I go to turn it on and NOTHING Naturally I thought it was the PSU so I took it out and took it to the shop where I had purchased it They hooked it up to a tester and said it was working fine I seen the fan spinning and it looked good So I m thinking something must have been loose in my pc I hook the PSU back up and same thing Nothing happens fan doesn t spin or anything I ve tried different cables tried using the reset switch instead of the power thinking it may have been the switch I even tried just using a jumper instead of connecting sudden my start all Help pc of a won't the power switch cables on the front of the box so in theory when I flip the switch on the PSU it should come on Still nothing happens The fan on the PSU doesn t even spin Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Help my pc all of a sudden won't start

it sounds like you have a dead Mobo. is there a green light on the mobo showing when the PSU is plugged into the board?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-pc-all-of-a-sudden-wont-start.52483/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an older HP900 laptop which is a nice size to take in our motor home. However, it overheats after running for about 15 minutes. I understand there is a bios update that turns the cooling fan on sooner but I can't get into the bios because of password protection. Any ideas on how to crack the password or any pins to short to reset it?

The laptop will run fine if I rais it off the table and have a fan blowing on it from behind. Cooling fan in laptop runs, but it only comes on shortly before a shutdown if I am not running an additional fan blowing under it.

thanks for any ideas or help

Woodie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp900-laptop-overheating-and-admin-bios-password.48397/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello I ve read alot on theese forums and I ve always seen people having the same problems I have although I have checked all the quot computer won t boot quot threads I could find no one had the same problem as I have Speccs AMD XP MSI mobo Gb RAM W HDD g and g CD-reader and one DVD-reader My computer has worked fine without the occational problem for the past years or so and I ve had a GF Ti SE in it But I got Mb RAM and my brothers old GF LE card days ago he couldn t boot so he ordered a new computer and the fan was stuck on the gfx-ard so I put my GF fan on it and it has worked like normal for the past few days This morning however I turned the computer on and I got the usual quot CPU fan isn t running quot error msg in the loadup screen before it checked for IDE stuff which is because I put a thing I can reglate the RPM on my mm CPU fan and when I put it on RPM instead of the usual won't sudden all boot a of Computer RPM the computer thinks it isn t working although I ve checked several Computer won't boot all of a sudden times and it IS running So I hit the reset button infront of the computer and I got the same message again still nothing out of the ordinary since the computer works fine So I hit the reset button again and nothing came up Just a black screen but the computer goes on like Computer won't boot all of a sudden nothing s wrong Funny part Computer won't boot all of a sudden is this happened to my brother last week and that s why he bought new mobo gfx-card and RAM He suspected it was his mobo that for some reason siezed to work It has to somehow be connected to the gfx-card or the RAM module since suddenly my comp stopped working I ve tested my screen quot TFT ms and it works perfectly normal I tested with my old GF card and nothing showed up I tested with my old GF and same problem I even tested with my super-old GF and still the same problem I ve reseted CMOS and same problem I even took the entire computer apart cleaned everything nothing was really dirty and put it back Same problem I disconnected the nd HDD and the CD-reader same problem I removed the DCD-reader as well didn t work I tried booting with only my nd HDD as master no cd dvd-readers plugged in and nothing I m at the verge of my expertice and I have no idea what to do to fix it The mobo is and has always been on the plug thingys preventing it to touch the case It has worked perfectly well last years after every upgrade and even days functioning perfectly normal after last update It worked reboots and suddenly it just refused to boot again There is as far as I ve seen any compatibility issues regarding the hardware I m totally lost If you want more accurate speccs I can hant it to you but with my limited knowlede I didn t think it was neccessary for it Also I haven t installed any new software not counting my latest purchase Civilization for the past week s Regards Raphaei PS I m writing this on my laptop which I m not used to type on so if there is any misspellings it s because I m not used to the keyboard nbsp

A:Computer won't boot all of a sudden

Also, what might be worth mentioning, the power button, which normally needs 3 seconds to hld it in before shut down, shut downs by a simple press on it, just as the restart button, but shutting down instead of rebooting. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem might be. I think it get stuck on the load ups or something, I can vaguely remember something about it from my computer lessons back in high school. I've got a cord with some LEDs on in that came with the mobo, that you connect to it and then start the computer the LEDs start flashing until they stop, and by the combination of theese you can see what excacly makes the computer stuck, like RAM for instance. The LEDs look like this (I suck at ascii art)

o o
o o

And then they turn to like

o x
x x

Which means a hardware, or

o o
x x
For a different type of hardware. Really nice tool, I just can't find it. I've tored my room apart, and I've went through the addic, but I can't find it. I surely hope I can fix this problem without it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-all-of-a-sudden.48018/
Relevancy 27.09%

is there a way to find out the admins password on a network.

A:admin password

Yes. Ask the admin using e-mail for example

No one will be able to give a sensible answer to such a vague question.

And no, no one is going to tell you how to steal peoples passwords and do other illegal or unethical stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.47944/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok firstly I should mention that one solution to this problem would be to plug the HD into my machine and use fsutil to reset the dirty flag However and pwd set unbootable to No dirty Need xp - flag admin I m a stubborn person and know that there must be a way of doing this easily without taking my machine to bits If I do it in what is for this occasion the hard way I will be able to save a little time in the future should the situation arise again I ve been asked to fix an unbootable computer I had intended to boot into the recovery console to issue chkdsk r fixboot and fixmbr commands Unfortunately I the admin password for the installation isn t available it s been forgotten rolleyes and so I can t log into it I used the offline NT password amp registry editor utility but because the drive is flagged dirty improper shutdown no doubt It won t change or blank the password So I got out my trusty NTFS DOS CD and booted into DOS taking a copy of FSUTIL with me which as expected doesn t work under DOS Hoping that the password was something simple ish I grabbed a copy of the SAM and Systemf files from system config and tried cracking the administrator password It seems that the password is at least characters and so will take an age to crack This leaves me with the option of resetting the dirty bit on the volume so that I can reset the admin password to blank boot into the recovery console and repair windows but I see no fsutil equivelant for DOS probably because NTFS was never meant Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable for DOS lol It occurs to me though that there must be some utility or other that ll do it or failing that various linux flavours Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable have NTFS support and should be able to do it - or possibly some sort of live recovery cd for windows Any ideas anybody All this for the sake of a single BIT of info on the hard drive A simple or It s outrageous lol nbsp Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

A:Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Auditor Security cd from remote-exploit.org is what you need my friend very handy for cracking admin passwords. just boot to it and you are gold. don't know if you are familiar with this collection cd and if not they have the instruction pdf on the site for download as well. it will crack a 8 letter and asterick password in probably ten to twenty minutes..my admin pass is 15 unprintables and asterick characters and it cracked it with the incremental option on the sam file. took alot longer than it should for your current issue..just an idea mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-set-dirty-flag-no-admin-pwd-and-xp-unbootable.47274/
Relevancy 29.24%

Alright, For like 3 days my comp has been extremly slow. All diags i run freeze up. my computer use to be really fast ever since i first installed windows xp operating system. RAM seems to be fine but its still slow wat is going on?

A:Computer has gone slow all of a sudden. HELP!

hard drive space is Less than half full. and like i said all diags i run freeze up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-has-gone-slow-all-of-a-sudden-help.35998/
Relevancy 28.81%

Sudden problems with computer speed performance Hi i have never posted here before but i believe this is the correct section I have a Dell Inspiron XPS laptop Ghz Pentium GB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon video card The problem started about two months ago Regular programs such as AIM started taking up unreasonable amounts of CPU When the problem started I only had MB RAM but I have recently upgraded In task manager AIM still takes up under the CPU column and in performance CPU is at about but the Page File usage is still pretty low Other programs like VLC Media Player sometimes take up about this much memory sometimes not Before i upgraded i did a fresh install of my Sudden running problems programs... OS XP Pro but this didn t help the problem at all I also play Counter-Strike Source and after the video stress test i have about FPS which is awful the program itself while taking up considerable amounts of memory it s supposed to still runs smoothly just Sudden problems running programs... not when I try to play Since I upgraded the RAM the computer does run noticeably faster usuallu when booting it Also in this time period explorer exe will take up between - CPU and about K Mem Usage according to Sudden problems running programs... task manager It still does this even after the RAM upgrade When I shut the screen and then try to reopen it it takes about ten seconds to turn back on I can no longer stream video very well from web pages - the sound comes in fine but the video is usually choppy or remains frozen completely I have had plenty of problems with computers before and while I am by no means obviously an expert I know a thing or two and can t think of any reason why these programs aren t running properly as they had in the past If anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated I ve browsed this site before in the past and have used tips with other problems that I have had and I ve found more than a few solutions here Hopefully someone is able to lead me in the right direction Thanks nbsp

A:Sudden problems running programs...

I think that CPU usage is your problem,turn the computer off and reboot.As soon as everything is loaded open the task manager and see what the CPU usage is,it should be 0 or close to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-problems-running-programs.39159/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I have Mystery Shutdown Sudden a problem and practically at my wits end trying to solve it Basically whenever I try to play a game sooner or later my PC simply just shuts down The drives and fans turn off the lights go out Sudden Shutdown Mystery all Sudden Shutdown Mystery thats left is the power LED slowly blinking The power and reset buttons have no effect I have to physically unplug replug the PC to get it working again Problem ONLY happens when I try to play games WOW usually I m guessing its a card problem other than games the PC works fine and the reboots don t create Windows error logs Here re my specs ATI Radeon XT Athlon MSI K N Neo mobo runs nForce RAM PC W PUS These are the solutions I ve tried to no avail Tried turning fast writes off Tried setting it to x AGP from x Tried using Catalyst and Omega Switched around the RAM also ran a memtest RAM s error-free I don t think its overheating I have fans the CPU and video card fans Adjusted the chip voltage to from All that and then some but the problem won t go away p Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Sudden Shutdown Mystery

After a crash i would check the temps in bios if its above 60 c then that wuold be your coulprit another culprit can be a fulty psu, post more specs on your psu like brand rails ect, hope this helps and hope you get your problem fixted and WELCOME TO TECHSPOT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-shutdown-mystery.38650/
Relevancy 29.24%

Summary ------------ I have a dual boot machine WinXP FedoraCore that has worked flawlessly for months and months and now suddenly in the last week or so keeps of freezing Computer (all sudden) it is freezing up so regularly Computer keeps freezing (all of sudden) that most of the Computer keeps freezing (all of sudden) time it does not complete the boot sequence for either OS The Facts ------------ I have made no hardware or software changes to this machine in months Every time I boot up the machine it makes it just fine to the boot loader screen where I can choose the OS however this only takes a few seconds At the GRUB screen a If I choose Windows w Normal startup the screen usually just goes blank Computer keeps freezing (all of sudden) black and the system must be hard reset b If I choose Windows holding F w Safe Mode it freezes upon loading gagp kx sys c If I choose Windows holding F w Last Good Configuration it freezes right then on that selection and must be hard reset d If I choose Fedora times out of it will freeze when it says booting the kernel on the first screen When Windows does let me in rarely the desktop is white and it asks me if I d like to Restore my Active Desktop Anything I do after that causes a freeze and the system must be hard reset When Fedora does let me in out of ever or boots I m able to use the system for up to minutes or so before it either freezes or goes blank black and must be hard reset I have hard drives HD has Windows and the MBR or whatever you call it that references the OS locations and HD has Fedora When I put in the Windows XP install CD to attempt to reinstall repair it freezes within seconds at the screen that says Set is Loading Executive Files consistently When I put in the Fedora Core install CD to attempt a reinstall repair it freezes within the first few configuration screens consistently I ve attempted install CDs in both of my disc drives Both of the install discs work in other machines I ve checked the motherboard carefully and can t find any evidence of damage shown on www badcaps com I ve recently moved to a new apartment but for weeks after moving in my machine has worked fine only in the last week has this scenario started When these symptoms started it used to just freeze Windows with the Restore Active Desktop error but then quickly progressed into a state that wouldn t finish booting I recently removed the case cover to allow what I thought was more air flow I wish I could tell the internal temps but it won t stay on long enough for me to run any programs There is no over-clocking done in this system Specs tell me if you need more detailed info MB MSI K T Master- FAR with only processor CPU Opteron GIG RAM HDs GB each ATI Radeon graphics card Comments -------------- It seems pretty clear that this isn t a software issue I ve read a lot of freeze-related newsgroup entries and the thing that seems the most likely is a heat-related problem Suggestions online that have caught my attention include - Removing the cover of the computer can sometimes increase the temp because the fans etc assume certain airflow and I removed my cover - Some goop on my processor s heat sink has been reduced or something and it s over heating which causes the freeze - My graphics card may be over heating and causing the freeze - Additionally the fact that this situation occurs within minutes or sometimes seconds of turning on the system makes me think it could be heat It may also be that HD has some sort of corruption of data that would affect the boot process but still keep the data intact I mention this because when I do get into Linux I m able to access the data on the NTFS file system just fine Not sure Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated Please tell me if there is someone else out there experiencing the same issue s Thanks in advance Ben nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing (all of sudden)

Look over the mother board really good. MSI boards had a rash of bad capacitors that would leak. Could also be a faulty video card or AGP slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-all-of-sudden.32261/
Relevancy 29.24%

My cuzins computer all of a sudden laggs like crazy. I cant even be running 2 programs at once! if i do it will freez! :suspiciou When i came to his house they sais it was used so i knew somthing was goin to happen.....so today i started up the comp and it usally takes bout 1min to start and now it takes like 5. When i goto the internet it makes the DSL seem like its dial up. WHat should i do?

Specs from everst:
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 4
DirectX 4.07.00.0700 (DirectX 7.0)
Computer Name USER988
User Name user

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron, 566 MHz (8.5 x 67)
Motherboard Name Dell OptiPlex GX100
Motherboard Chipset Intel Whitney i810-DC100
System Memory 64 MB (SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (09/18/00)
Communication Port
if u guys need more specs let me know

A:Y is computer going slow all of a sudden?

Didn't you and your cousin just build a new :hotbounce computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/y-is-computer-going-slow-all-of-a-sudden.31475/
Relevancy 29.24%

My mom's computer is connected to our DSL through a USB port. It all of a sudden stopped working and I'm not sure what's going on. It all started happening when I cleaned out her computer with Spybot, Adaware and Hijack This. Our DSL (says 2WIRE on it) has 2 connections in the back, one for ethernet and one for USB. I have mine connected through ethernet and hers uses the USB. I just restored everything Hijack This removed and her computer is restarting now, but if that doesn't do the trick, how can I fix this? I checked and everything is plugged in properly.

A:Internet all of a sudden disconnects?

oops; you can have ONE ethernet or ONE USB, but not both connected at the same time.

Two connect multiple computers, you need a cheap router and it cables
like this
modem->router --> two cables, one to each computer
Mom will need to use the ethernet RJ45 connection rather than the USB,
but it will all run fine, independently or simultaneously

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-all-of-a-sudden-disconnects.31064/
Relevancy 25.37%

My computer based on an ASUS P T -C mobo that never gave me any problems has suddenly and spontanously begun complaining with a quot No CPU installed no CPU installed quot error message verbal spoken message when I power it up Then the system proceeds to boot normally However if I reset it before the POST has completed I end up in the CMOS setup screen with messages about how the mobo now runs in safe mode after having hung on a previous boot attempt due to Sudden Asus going works. "no it yet CPU installed" message, mobo: on? What's an incorrect CPU speed setting Which is not the case because the CPU setting is correct When I reset it after POST has completed no error messages occur ASUS support Asus mobo: Sudden "no CPU installed" message, yet it works. What's going on? sent a BIOS update which I have installed as per their instructions including reloading the factory default settings but to no avail I have made no hardware changes prior to the first occurrence of the problem What could cause this What could I do to trace or fix the problem Is my mobo about to fail All suggestions are appreciated Thanks Frank nbsp

A:Asus mobo: Sudden "no CPU installed" message, yet it works. What's going on?

Try reseating the CPU. Could be something got jarred.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-sudden-no-cpu-installed-message-yet-it-works-whats-going-on.27435/
Relevancy 28.81%

During the past few weeks my computer screen freezes up for an unknown reason I have Windows XP all freezing sudden a is screen randomly of My and have downloaded the SP a long time ago It freezes whenever it feels like really It s never when im doing something in particular My screen is freezing randomly all of a sudden I can walk away and come back and cant do anything bc it froze up So i have to manually turn off the computer on the tower which i hate and it never fixes the problem bc it freezes again within hour sometimes within minutes I have also been getting warnings randomly about my Win closing and I follow the warning through and it takes me to a MS website sayin they know of this problem and it doesnt hurt anything I just want to know what I can do to fix this freezing problem I have a spyware package and anti-virus package too and they dont pick anything up I ve read on other posts from people with somewhat similar problems and they re told to Ctrl Alt Delete and use Task Manager to end programs but I cannot do that since im completely frozen up on the screen And my Delete button no longer works on my keyboard lt --awesome i know Is that any solution to this problem Or what may be causing it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-is-freezing-randomly-all-of-a-sudden.29214/