Windows Support Forum

Asus P9X79-E WS and 32-bit XP SP3 - Will They Work?

Q: Asus P9X79-E WS and 32-bit XP SP3 - Will They Work?

OK, I know it's weird, but I need to run 32-bit XP SP3 on this board. Anyone know for sure if it will? Asus specs don't list XP but drivers seem abundant for it.

Thanks for any help !!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus P9X79-E WS and 32-bit XP SP3 - Will They Work?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus P9X79-E WS and 32-bit XP SP3 - Will They Work?

I can't make any promises, but I'd be highly inclined to think it would probably work, just from the fact that ASUS listed drivers on their website for Windows XP; if the board wasn't supported, wouldn't they simply not allow you to choose it as an OS selection when downloading drivers? Maybe when they omit XP from the supported OSs list, it's only because it's not fully supported, in terms of long-term updates, even though the OS works. Again this is just speculation, but I don't see a good reason why it wouldn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p9x79-e-ws-and-32-bit-xp-sp3-will-they-work.196790/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys. My brother and I are building a gaming desktop. We've got an Asus P9X79 Pro motherboard and four matched sticks (4x2gb) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM to go with it (the kit is included in the motherboard's QVL).

The RAM kit we bought is dual channel. But as I understand from what I've read online so far, we'll still be getting all the advantages of a quad channel platform because this is the "architecture" of the Intel LGA 2011 platform. We got a 4-stick RAM kit so it should work, right?

Or have I gotten my information mixed up somehow? Can someone explain this stuff in terms that a novice would understand? Neither my brother nor I have any real experience with these things although he's assembled PCs from scratch before.

Many thanks.

A:Asus P9X79 Pro

Yes you're fine. There's no such thing as "dual channel" or "quad channel" RAM, as long as you have 4 identical sticks they will run in quad channel in your machine.

Sounds like a decent build, good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p9x79-pro.177878/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there

some help and expert investigation would be appreciated. For a long time my PC has been running very smooth on Windows 8.1. I installed UPlay (UBisoft) and started downloading a game. During the download the PC gave me a BSOD.

Attached the dump files from the diag tool. Thanks for your assistance.

Attachment 49819

A:New crash on Win 8.1 on Asus P9X79 Deluxe

Only 54 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 70 to 90 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available (and didn't experience any errors).

You appear to have 5 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?
Also, please ensure that the firmware is updated to the latest version on your SSD's (older firmware can cause BSOD's on some SSD's)

Please remove the Juniper software as it's driver (dsNcAdpt.sys) dates from 2009 and likely isn't compatible w/Win8.1
Should you need this software, feel free to update it to the latest, Win8.1 compatible version AFTER we've finished stabiliziing the system.

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web. Removing some drivers may make the system unstable - so if you're unable to find updates, post back for info on the one's that can/cannot be safely removed.

The drivers that are struckout don't have updates available (AFAIK).

Beyond this, as there was only 1 memory dump in the upload, I have these 3 suggestions:
1. Get ALL available Windows Updates. It may take several trips to get them all
2. Start with these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
3. If all of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 29 13:14:59.142 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\082914-9875-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (12 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035
System Uptime:0 days 1:32:04.829
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1abcc )
BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff680000afb98, 174, 173}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041793, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff680000afb98
Arg3: 0000000000000174
Arg4: 0000000000000173
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41793
PROCESS_NAME: Uplay.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_41793_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3200
CurrentSpeed: 3200
BIOS Version 4701
BIOS Release Date 05/07/2014
Manufacturer System manufacturer
Product Name System Product Name
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 29 13:14:59.142 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
dsNcAdpt.sys Mon Mar 30 22:33:33 2009 (49D180FD)
mv91cons.sys Fri Jun 21 02:18:21 2013 (51C3F02D)
athwbx.sys Mon Jul 15 03:29:50 2013 (51E3A4EE)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 04:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
exfat.SYS Thu Aug 22 07:40:18 2013 (5215F8A2)
TeeDriverx64.sys Thu Sep 5 14:02:18 2013 (5228C72A)
nvhda64v.sys Thu Nov 28 08:38:09 2013 (52974741)
nvvad64v.sys Fri Mar 28 09:32:06 2014 (533579D6)
btfilter.sys Thu Apr 24 23:01:52 2014 (5359D020)
e1c64x64.sys Fri May 2 15:35:23 2014 (5363F37B)
iaStorA.sys Fri May 2 19:06:56 2014 (53642510)
dump_iaStorA.sys Fri May 2 19:06:56 2014 (53642510)
Rt630x64.sys Tue Jun 17 07:... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52825-new-crash-win-8-1-asus-p9x79-deluxe.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok here is my issue ( screenshot is provided )

My board has BT Go on it as standard and even though all is installed and i can pair my devices to my pc ( phone )

I am unable to send or receive files to and from the pc to any paired device.

Now Asus website shows NO support for the bluetooth for windows 8.1 for my board as yet but does for windows 8.

I even have to use an older chipset driver suite due to several device manager issues with the newer ones.

Anyone have any solution / help as to what i can do for this to be able to help me use the bluetooth function as it should work?

Thankyou in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 64 Bit Bluetooth Issue Asus P9X79 Pro

Anyone able to help shed any light on this ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42010-windows-8-1-64-bit-bluetooth-issue-asus-p9x79-pro.html
Relevancy 74.39%

So i have a new SSD Corsair Force gig and all I want to do is install Windows Pro on it This board does not support parted magic cannot wake from sleep and there are no onboard video to wake up to so ive resorted to clean all I have not been able to successfully boot the OS on the installation p9x79 of new with instalation windows Asus pro 7 ssd SSD I never intended on setting up raid but apparently all the literature i see is Asus p9x79 ssd installation with new instalation of windows 7 pro on raid I created a USB install disk as reccomended onto a gig ntfs primary active did the bootsect nt X and it successfully worked copied the cd over to the flash drive and copied the rste drivers in a folder called drivers My Asus p9x79 ssd installation with new instalation of windows 7 pro SSD is installed on port gig sata intel as this board doesnt have marvel apparrently My DVD is installed on gig Sata port I set up Raid in the bios as reccomended by others as this is the only way to install ssd Nothing UEFI is enabled There are no other drives hooked up to the computer Just SSD USB cordless mouse keyboard and no network cord or WIFI i started with a clean ssd as reccomended my bios recognized the ssd on post i booted into the win install MBR not uefi i loaded the bit rste drivers from asus as reccomended by others i left the machine to install the usb then booted into windows install for whatever reason i pushed f to boot my corsair windows brings up an error on a black screen File windows system drivers adpahci sys driver did not load Status oxc Info Windows Failed to load because of a critical system driver is missing or corrupt A lot of people have the same issue with asus but i've never seen anyone who posted the solution

A:Asus p9x79 ssd installation with new instalation of windows 7 pro

I suggest that you set the SATA controller to AHCI mode. You won't need any drivers other than those included with the Win7 installer to install Windows to the SSD.

It's what I did with my P9X79 Pro.

What gave you the idea that you'd need RAID drivers? (The Intel RSTe package includes AHCI driver, but they seemed to give worse performance than the Windows ones, at least with my hardware.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/230128-asus-p9x79-ssd-installation-new-instalation-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello!

Built my first computer last Friday, and everything has worked fine until today. When starting the computer, it all seems to work fine, except after the regular one beep signal it just brings me to a black screen with a flashing underscore, and I couldnt seem to get past it. The mb display says 62.

I got my w7 installation disc, and restarted the computer. On the asus screen I pressed delete to boot from the DVD. Nothing happens, except it doesn't beep and just brings me to a black screen. The mb display says E0. I've tried pressing f8, F, delete on the numpad without success.

I suspect the flashing white has got to do with Windows seven, but its weird how I can't seem to bot from the DVD. Thanks in advance.

Mb: Asus P9X79 Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7 3960-X Extreme edition
Psu: corsair ax750

Relevancy 73.53%

I hope someone can help my brain is fried from this issue Have a PC with Asus P X LE that keeps rebooting or resets after trying to do clean install of Win Win The system will sometimes shut off or reset after attempting to install WindowsThings I have tried Update Bios Disconnect all devices except stick of ram video card HD Replaced Motherboard both the old and the new have same symptoms Swap PSU RAM VIDEO CARD HD all new parts Swap Sata cable for HDThe system is set to default AHCI The CPU was previously overclocked but at default settings in BIOS now Ive tried DDR mhz and mhz and in different slots The only thing I havent swapped is the CPU i I assume since it can get into BIOS it isnt a CPU issue A LIVE CD was used it had no issue going into live CD Issue starts when trying to boot off HD or install to HD Anyone have any idea

A:Issues with Asus P9X79 LE, PC Stuck in reboot cycle

[WAG]
Have you pulled the CMOS battery and the power cable for a few minutes and forced the system to reinventory the devices?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540552/issues-with-asus-p9x79-le-pc-stuck-in-reboot-cycle/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

I am trying to install the Intel MEI (Intel Management Engine) for the Asus P9x79 WS motherboard. I have had no issues installing this on Win7 x64. However, when trying to install the drivers in Win 8 x64 from the Asus install CD, I get a OS not supported message. There are no drivers listed on the Asus website for this mobo and Win8, and attempts to get it from other locations, such as Station-drivers, have also failed.

No issue, I should just try and get the drivers from Intel right? Well they don't exactly install either. I get a message stating "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Does anyone have any idea on what driver we are supposed to use for this? This is causing both a " Simple Communications Controller " and "Unknown Device" to show up in Device Manager.

Thanks!

A:Asus p9x79 WS, Win8 64, Intel Management Engine install

Am I really the only one having this issue?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14144-asus-p9x79-ws-win8-64-intel-management-engine-install.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Fellow Computer Techies,

Have been experiencing Random BSODs on my new 3930K build. Total of 5 BSODs in the last 2 months at no particular time. Have run Prime95 and Intel burn test for many hours at end of build with no BSODs.

This is a brand new 64bit Win7 install. System is running very cool (32-35F). From what I read this exception might be caused by hardware issues? Anyone with more knowledge have time to take a look at a Minidump and help point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD on Asus P9x79 Deluxe 3930K Build for no particular reason.

Welcome to Seven Forums djohan.

I'm not the BSOD debugger you're looking for, but yes the 0x124 error is hardware related, where is a mystery. First they will ask you to uninstall AVG as it is a cause of blue screens very often, and install MSE, link in my sig.

To better help us to help you would you please add your systems specs? Here's the correct way to do it. :SystemInfo See Your System Specs Under System Manufacturer/Model Number add whether it is a desktop or laptop and whether self built. Very important

Log in to Seven Forums and you will be able to transfer the info directly to the specs page in your profile from within the System Info app.

Your System Specs here.

After doing this your specs will be available in each of your posts.
Click on My system Specs in the lower left of this post to see how it should look.
Full instructions are in the tutorial.

Some hardware tests to run.

Graphics card test:
Video Card Stress Test with Furmark
Hard drive(s)test(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools. Skip this on the SSD, only for HDDs.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software Tools
RAM (memory) test:
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Looks like a lot, take one step at a time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297599-bsod-asus-p9x79-deluxe-3930k-build-no-particular-reason.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys Got a ASUS P X Pro motherboard GB DDR RAM TB HDD Watt PSU GTX GPU i- k not arrived yet just trying to boot to BIOS post screen to check everythings good Plugged everything in but my machine doesn t power on fully On the motherboard I get the LED s telling me my machine is in standby mode no beep codes however The LED on the front of machine doesn t turn on nor do the front switches do anything like the power or reset button I get no image when plugged into a monitor monitor works fine it does not post I ve tried different RAM no GPU taking the system apart and putting it back together Power is going to the motherboard hence the Fail P9X79 Boot lights however my PSU fan doesn t spin I P9X79 Boot Fail tried connecting my other fans but they didn t spin so I ve been trying it without them I connected the PSU pin amp pin to the motherboard I also tried the pin instead of the pin but it didn t work Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

can anyone help please
i have a 901 running xp with 1.6ghz 1g ram and 4 & 8 g ssd

i want to stick w7 premium on
i managed to load a vlite compressed version via an external dvd drive

it boots up ok but after any command it says something like access denied

i think my vlite "technique" is not up to much

can anyone give me suggestions/advice and perhaps a good vlite file list

A:cant get w7 to work on asus 901 ssd

I think you'll find there are solutions for your hardware already being discussed in depth over at the EeePc forums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45321-cant-get-w7-work-asus-901-ssd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Adaptec USB2Connect 5100 hub installed on my computer (ASUS A7N266 mb). The 5100 will not work though it is supposed to upgrade my USB 1.1 mb. I thought about updating the mb BIOS, but the process seems very tricky for someone of my limited ability - with booting to a diskette, etc.
Are there any other thoughts that might help - getting very frustrated.

Thanks,

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there this is all a bit random Asus How to my I PC do Eee 'work'?! series 900 get a bit of a pig's ear but any help much appreciated I have acquired the above but simply can't get it to work properly In no particular order and with no particular logic I can't update XP It says there are updates but they fail I can't use IE because it says I need to upgrade and it won't let me I tried to install Chrome my browser but it won't complete saying How do I get my Asus Eee PC series 900 to 'work'?! can't uncompress files or something like that I have managed to install Firefox and it does work for a short while but then always crashes I have also managed to How do I get my Asus Eee PC series 900 to 'work'?! install ccleaner but every time I try to use it it reboots When I turn on I get a message that says ' NET Framework V Think this may have something to do with Skype which was installed or perhaps EEStorage whatever that is When I go to My Computer there are two disks there C which has a total capacity of GB and MB free But there's also a D Disk which apparently has a capacity of GB and GB free That seems odd to my simple mind Where is this disk how do I find it how to use it why is it there That's it I think I hope it makes some sense and would greatly appreciate any help going Many thanks NC

A:How do I get my Asus Eee PC series 900 to 'work'?!

If you can do our scans let's see what's going on post results PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/124609-how-do-i-get-my-asus-eee-pc-series-900-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4061 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1806 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238469 MB, Free - 162525 MB; D: Total - 223469 MB, Free - 214640 MB; J: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 202847 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , U50A , 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: avast! antivirus, Updated and Enabled

My Fn key is not working anymore my sleep key and brightness keys are the only ones that work I have tried to download drivers with no luck. My next thing to do is wipe and reload but don't wont to do that if I don't have to. Please help

A:Fn key does not work on my ASUS U50A

Hello

Its not clear if the Fn key is the only one not working or what. You tried downloading drivers but have you tried unistalling the keyboard from Device manager and rebooting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fn-key-does-not-work-on-my-asus-u50a.984403/
Relevancy 44.72%

System Specs A Asus A N-E nForce chipset GBs PC RAM in DC GB ATA HDD GB SATA HDD orange case jk Hey guys work Cant on Asus audio at get all! to [email protected]@K A8N-E - so I cant get my audio to work on my new mobo an Asus A N-E Its brand new and I ve googled the problem Cant get audio to work on Asus A8N-E at all! [email protected]@K a bit and it Cant get audio to work on Asus A8N-E at all! [email protected]@K seems that many other people are having the same problem with this board The drivers off of Asus website dont work as commented on another forum so I tried a later version of the AC drivers Asus website has v for download as the mobo s audio drivers v but that still didnt solve the problem In Device Manager the audio drivers are displayed as there and operating correctly however there is zero sound output and I have tried more than one set of speakers Heres a screenshot of my device manager Any ideas on different drivers to try etc anything I just bought some JBL speakers and I planned on using them with my new mobo so any help at all is appreciated -Thanks nbsp

A:Cant get audio to work on Asus A8N-E at all! [email protected]@K

Try and put in a cheap soundcard. I have had defective devices on my asus motherboard too (nic card).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-audio-to-work-on-asus-a8n-e-at-all-l-k.67091/
Relevancy 44.72%

whats the easiest way to find out if a processor works?
my situation- i have a computer, in many pieces, and i seem to have alot of extra pieces too, i would like to sell them, but i want to make sure they work.
here is a list of the parts i have identified-
2 pentium III processors 933 mhz
asus motherboard- tuv4x
polaroid burnmax 24ex
2 cd rom drives- 42x and 48x
maxtor 20gig hd, diamondmax plus60
theres more, but these are the important ones...
one more question- how do you get the cpu fan off the motherboard? theres another processor in the case right now, but im afraid ill damage something trying to get the stupid thing off.

Relevancy 44.72%

My Asus EEE pc won't work. One night I was on it and it suddenly cut off. No lights, no sound, nothing would come on when I pressed the power button. The battery was surely not dead because it was already plugged in. A day later, I tried to see if it would work again. But then I noticed something weird. When I plugged my ac adapter to the wall, the light on the ac adapter lit up a constant blue, no blinking at all. When I plug the ac adapter into my laptop, the light starts to blink and my laptop won't charge. I noticed a faint noise coming from my laptop when it was plugged in, but it would never come on.

A:ASUS EEEPC won't work

I would suggest sending it in to ASUS and having them look at it, it could be a number of problems, and if your still on warrenty, that would be your best bet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eeepc-wont-work.992183/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone.

I own a Asus N61 VG for about four years now. I have done recovery 3-4 times since now, so i'm familiar with the procedure.

About a year ago, i have installed windows xp on my computer and created a operating selection screen using "Easy BCD" program.

Now my XP is crashed, so i deleted it using Easy BCD again, disabled the selection screen. Yet, i want to recover my Windows 7 to speed up. However, f9 putton does nothing on startup, recovery does not start. The recovery partition is still there, i have checked it.

What is the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-n61-vg-f9-does-not-work-aft-xp-install.1091955/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have and older PC
Asus M2N-E MB
Asus EN7600GS video card
AMD Athlon 64x2 4600+
4 GB Ram
I can't find the drivers for the mb on Asus web page. Will the drivers for Vista work? Was just going to get a new hard drive and Windows 7 home 64 bit. Would I just be wasting money trying this? Should I just wait and put together a new PC. Just would like to try Windows 7 now. Worried about the network adapter. All i can find about it is in device manager is it is a NVIDIA nfforce.
Thanks Johnny333
PS hope this is the right place to post this.

A:[SOLVED] Asus M2N-E would Windows 7 64 bit work?

Hi it is socket AM2 but is it Asus M2N-E MB or M2N-E SLI,it does appear to offer drivers for win 7 for the M2N-E http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-asus-m2n-e-would-windows-7-64-bit-work-495697.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I does Capture ASUS TV not work. V3800 have an ASUS V -TV tnt card with video capture ASUS V3800 TV Capture does not work. It used to work but now it doesnt Any ideas Its a really good card and its ashame that it wont at the moment I can see the preview screen ASUS V3800 TV Capture does not work. but when i switch to capture mode a error message saying the capture device is not working I upgraded the CPU and M B which is a Gigabyte GA- VXE and PIII- From memory i think the card worked correctly on IRQ on the old M B CPU The problem is now IRQ is taken by the ACPI what is that which seems to be permanently assigned to IRQ no matter what the bios settings are set too Phoenix BIOS seems to very to limited compared to AMI etc I cant seem to be able to make the card use irq but can be selected by changing the legacy ISA pnp settings in the bios Or could it be that is just my drivers or software I am confused I used to latest drivers from asus for the tnt card but when i use the capture program ASUS Live it just says unable to connect to capture driver no matter what codec i use Can anyone help me here Assistance appreciated Or could it be that is just my drivers or software I am using Windows Millenium PS I did try a Powercolor card with similar results no video capture but video preview ok nbsp

A:ASUS V3800 TV Capture does not work.

When you changed motherboards did you format your hard drive and install a clean Windows?

If not, did you boot in Safe Mode and remove everything from System in Device Manager?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-v3800-tv-capture-does-not-work.34293/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey ive just installed windows 7 on my computer, and i can't boot it up with the 9600GT in, i've tried installing the drivers but the install files will not come up with the auto run, ive also tried booting into safe mode with networking to download the drivers but it tells me that the lastest files are installed. Many thanks, mark

Relevancy 44.29%

I've video ASUS EN7950GX2 on ASUS P5WDG2-WS and have problem with VISTA... I haven't sim problem in Win XP Pr, Win XP Pr x64, Win 2003... In manual can see that video device comf with VISTA. But NOT!!!!
Who did that sh..t VISTA?
Why appear that probl and how to kill it?
Caramba!!!!

A:ASUS EN7950GX2 don't work in VISTA

As far as I can see you are having trouble getting the videocard to work?

Try the latest drivers from Nvidia NVIDIA Home the referancedrivers from the manufacturer (asus) might not be 64 compatible yet :-)

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/56807-asus-en7950gx2-dont-work-vista.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I just reformatted my Q500a with an SSD and have installed all drivers that appeared relevant. However, at this time, the FN+ F3, F4, and F9 keys do not work, others do. From what I've read, the ATK driver is that which is relevant to these keys and I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled to no avail. So, at this time, I cannot turn down/up the keyboard backlight or turn on/off the touchpad. Can anyone assist with this, please? I've also installed some other drivers that didn't appear relevant, but that didn't help and I ended up uninstalling them anyway. Thanks!

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello guys!

I have Asus N550JK notebook. It came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. Later I have upgraded Windows 10. After that, I have repartitioned the harddrive and also installed the Linux. The repartitioning was done by GParted. No harm was made to Recovery partition. Only the data partition was shrinked a little.

Today, I wanted to Reset Windows 10, since it became very slow. During the reset process, something went wrong, and my installation was broken.

Using F9 I got into recovery menu. But I cannot apply recovery. During the recovery process, an installation media was requested. As far as I know, that shouldn't happen. The setup should automatically recover windows 8.1.

So what can I do? How do I restore???

A:ASUS N550JK, Recovery does not Work

Win 10 Reset is a lot like a Clean install, nothing is supposed to be retained. Therefore, do a Clean Install of Windows 10.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/72525-asus-n550jk-recovery-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Sorry for Fn work key to refusing 1215N Asus starting another thread for such a widely discussed topic but none of the previous suggestions have helped On my Asus 1215N Fn key refusing to work Asus N running Win my function keys do not work I can brighten and dim the screen Fn F F but nothing else The Fn keys were fully operational before I reinstalled Win I have installed and uninstalled drivers from the Asus site KB Filter many of them as well as other ATK drivers from various sites At the moment I have ATKPackage Win VER installed I have also tried the quot C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe quot trick at every stage of my installments At last I get some response it allows me to click HControl then asks me if I want to allow this to change my hard drive I click quot yes quot and nothing more happens The magical fix does not work for me I have no more ideas How do I bring life into my Fn keys again Thanks in advance for any suggestions Nic

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394058-asus-1215n-fn-key-refusing-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought a Asus work My Asus laptop's Also WiFi won't K a Rbr October and have had similar issues that you describe and Asus's support is disappointing as is Walmart returns as I bought online went to return it days after rec'd via FedEx but forget my slip so then I end up having surgery and laid up but returned to Walmart to return or repair My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as there is a year warranty I was told too late to return cause I bought online so I ask Asus support phone so I could bring it for repairs Walmart could not find Asus or phone number in their manufacture products they sell it just was not in the big book she looked thru I had no wireless for over a month and finally called Verizon support to walk me thru putting in more secure wireless MAC My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work address and I have had no connection problems since I also got in touch with Asus support and they walked me thru a partition or recovery of partial recovery which also helped although I wanted a clean reinstall and a CD sent to do a reinstall but I had to pay for a recovery CD so I am still waiting My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as it has not been shipped out and they do not know when but they took my Cathy Edit Split off to prevent confusion Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486443/my-asus-laptops-wifi-also-wont-work/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an Asus P4P800 Deluxe and the back usb ports do not work.
Its all 4 thats not working so could there be maybe a jumper or bios (checked but couldn't find it) setting that disables them.
I also have 2 usb ports that I connect from the mobo with a cable, those work just fine.
SOOOOO
????????????? ???????????????

Relevancy 44.29%

Well this is my 1st and very old computer about 6 years old already.

Actually i never try it yet because this motherboard is running on XP for 6 years.

I wanna try it but to make it sure i need a good advice of experts here.

Asus site their is no Windows 7 drivers.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5VDC-X

Anyone of you guys could help me if will the audio will really be installed on Windows 7 SP1?

A:Asus P5VDC-X Will work on Windows 7 Sp1?

Hello,

Firstly, because of the age of the PC, make sure that your system meets the minimum spec:
Windows 7 system requirements - Microsoft Windows

Personally I wouldnt try upgrading it because of its age. I think it would be more stable on Windows XP then Windows 7.

However one of the good things about Windows 7 is that it is very good at automatically installing the drivers. If it doesnt find them then I would try installing the Vista ones - Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/200987-asus-p5vdc-x-will-work-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I game. And im thinking of getting a Asus GeForce 210 Graphics Card. Would it work with Windows 7? Has anyone had any experience with it?

A:Does the Asus GeForce 210 work well with Windows 7?

I've had a GeForce 210 running with Windows 7, it works fine. Though, I wouldn't want to game with it unless you'll play on lowest settings possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394094-does-asus-geforce-210-work-well-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all I ve had this laptop for quite a while but just Asus work? doesn't G60JX never opened it up before It had been overheating lately so I wanted to start by Asus G60JX just doesn't work? cleaning out the fan The problem isn t the overheating now but Asus G60JX just doesn't work? the fact that my computer does nothing When I press the power button the three lights at the top right Battery Mode FastBoot and Disable Touchpad A blue light on the front of the case turns on a lightbulb and that s it The fan doesn t spin no noise from the hard drive and the screen doesn t do anything no backlight no display Usually it takes less than a second for the fan to get spinning but now it doesn t go at all I didn t disconnect anything internal I simply opened the back of the case took the screws off the fan cover and blew some compressed air into it Now I can t even get my computer to boot up If you have any advice on things I can check or things that might have been accidentally disconnected please let me know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g60jx-just-doesnt-work.1054961/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've just bought 2 X 1 GB DDR RAM (PC3200 DDR400) for my ASUS A7A266-E motherboard.

Each RAM chip runs fine by itself in either DDR slot, however when I try
using them both at the same time, no luck. The boot memory test is
blank. I also noticed that when I look in the BIOS settings when I
have both chips in, memory is only recognised as 1MB. When I only
have one chip in, the BIOS setting shows it as 1024MB (which) is
right.

With two chips, boot stops after loading all the PCI devices.

Please help!

pedey

A:HELP- 2 X 1GB DDR wont work with my ASUS A7A266-E

I just upgraded my BIOS from 1009 to 1012 and it made no difference. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-2-x-1gb-ddr-wont-work-with-my-asus-a7a266-e.28349/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I'm new to TechSpot! I recently purchased a PNY GeForce 6600 8x AGP 256MB DDR in hopes that it was compatible with my Pavilion 7955. The 7955's motherboard is a ASUS P4B-LA

See motherboard specs here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lang=en&product=62740&dlc=en&docname=bph07293

I noticed the board is 4x AGP, I've read several different places that 8x cards are compatible with 4x boards...Depending on voltage etc... Is this card compatible with my board? I've also heard 8x cards are compatible but will only run at 4x speeds. Please help clarify. Thanks

BTW I've upgraded my powersupply to support the card

A:Will GeForce 6600 8x AGP work with ASUS P4B-LA?

agp 8x cards are backwards compatible with 4x sockets. i'm just curioius, what make, model and wattage is the new power supply?

i reccomend checking the dimensions of the new card with your case, as sometimes replacement cards for oems are blocked by fan ducts, cables, heatsinks or something else.

how many case fans are installed, what type, and where? a 6600 is going to throw out a fair bit of heat under load, which can cause problems if there is insufficient airflow in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-geforce-6600-8x-agp-work-with-asus-p4b-la.54584/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I'm new to this and getting very frustrated with my asus notebook. It has windows 8 installed but I am stuck in the 'diagnosing your pc' and 'repairing your pc' loop.
I have accessed the blue boot screen by hitting F9 when loading but I get stuck at thatpoint. The notebook freezes after I select any of the 3 options From the menu. I want to access the troubleshoot option so I can restore my notebook to factory settings. Please can someone help me, it's not old and I'm unable to use it thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74355-asus-notebook-boot-up-wont-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Asus K53E
Hit F9 during start up and recovery loads. It offers 3 option. One partition. 2. And install to first partition. It doesn't matter what I choose but recovery restarts over and over. It starts and the first time it reboots the desktop loads and it says its still working. Asus screen shows configuring system. Reboots over and over. Don't have working discs either.

A:Asus K53E recovery don't work

You can download a legal copy of Windows 7 and use it to install with. Make sure you backup your data first.

Clean Install Windows 7

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

See the note in the 1st tutorial for downloading Windows 7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339081-asus-k53e-recovery-dont-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I m not sure if work Asus WiFi won't laptop's My this is in the right place so you can move it if it s not I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I ve had it for years I didn t have trouble with the WiFi for a few months but then it started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn t help There was a cycle The built-in wasn t working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I ve installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here s what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn t work it can t connect to any networks I My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says no connections are available It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you New I did a clean reinstall of Windows not the built in one but the from CD one On the advice of someone in another forum It now doesn t even work when I click troubleshoot

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't
even work when I click troubleshoot.

Did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482464/my-asus-laptops-wifi-wont-work/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello
Whats the system requirements for this : http://www.asus.com.au/product.aspx?P_ID=1tlsAVXBvKnxbE29&templete=2

My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid

Also do you think this card will work on a :
Pentium 3 1 ghz l2 256kb
512mb sd ram pc-133
leadtek Geforce 4 mx 440 64mb

I mainly just have to get some stuff and burn it on a DVD from a old camcorder thats VHS-c

A:will this asus tuner work with my system ?

starcraftmaster said:

Hello
Whats the system requirements for this : http://www.asus.com.au/product.aspx?P_ID=1tlsAVXBvKnxbE29&templete=2Click to expand...

Ask the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-asus-tuner-work-with-my-system.894284/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
I am in a problem. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit on ASUS K42F dual core notebook. I used it well before reinstalling. I have reinstalled windows7 ultimate and updated it. Everything is ok but bluetooth does not work. When i press fn+f2 (in ASUS notebook) to switch WAN and Blutooth, but only WAN is showing, not bluetooth pop-up. Tried to install bluetooth driver, but cannot install. Please do something for me.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth driver does not work on Asus K42F

Tried to install bluetooth driver, but cannot installwhat error do you get when trying to install the driverfound this on asus ,did you install the wireless console utility first .BT253 BlueTooth Driver for Win7 (Please first install the Wireless Console Utility before BlueTooth installation.) http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K42F/#download

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471014/bluetooth-driver-does-not-work-on-asus-k42f/
Relevancy 43.86%

i bought this motherboard a couple of weeks ago , set it up and my pc and mic worked fine...then a couple of days ago, completely out of the blue my mic just stops working. I know its my motherboard or pc (possibly drivers??) because my mic works on other pc's, could someone please provide a possible solution if there is any. I am considering buying a seperate soundcard to the one on the board but i dont know if this would fix the problem..if it would could someone tell me if i have to disable the original sound card on the motherboard and how to do this. i am soooo desperate as i use it (my mic) alot in online gaming. thanks

(me)

A:Microphone wont work - asus m2n-sli deluxe

Are you plugging your mic directly into your mobo (back panel) or are you using a socket on the front of your pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-wont-work-asus-m2n-sli-deluxe.90645/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

This is the second time in six months, my laptop Asus VM70, 2.54 Ghz with Vista home Premium crashes . The first time, a 'friend' helped and erased all data. Now I want to do it myself. Having read through the Tech Support Guy posts, it tried Esc, F1 and F2 to make the computer boot from the recovery DVD. I do get the Bios screen, but it does not respond to the F2 strokes, to switch to 'boot from drive'. It is busy 'initalizing the USB controllers'. I have also tried the F9 for the recovery partition, but also no response. The laptop shows the Asus and intel logos on a black schreen.

Does anyone have a trick to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Thur

Relevancy 43.86%

Had this working for a long time, had to reinstall Win 7 64bit, have installed the drivers from the Asus website, and nothing, Cant find any help on this point, doesnt seem to be a problem for anyone else. Am I being a blondie or something, is there an option that needs checking, if there is I cant find it, Many thanks ps Know the cable and TV are find, cos they still work on my Mr's Laptop.

A:HDMI refusing to work on my Asus M4N78PRO

Hiyya Sue and welcome. Um go to Control Panel > Device Manager > click on Display adaptors > right click on the device > it will come up Update Driver Software > search on line for it and see what it says.

I shall Google your machine and see what the graphics are done through.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/257201-hdmi-refusing-work-my-asus-m4n78pro.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi
My laptop Windows was updated few days ago(Windows 10 - Version 1511 - OS Build 10586.104).
And now external subwoofer do not work!
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44348-asus-n550jv-external-subwoofer-not-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My friend has a HP ipibl-lb mobo in a HP a6620f desktop. We upgraded to a q6600 CPU and CM 212 evo HSF. We are now getting a "CPU fan not found error, shutting down to prevent damage." Is there any way to disable BIOS setting to bypass this? We KNOW fan is working.
Thanks in advance, guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-ipibl-lb-mobo-new-q6600-cpu-wont-work.1164653/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I've WiFi Asus laptop's My doesn't work had it for years I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work few months but then it My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn't help There was a cycle The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I've installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here's what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn't work it can't connect to any networks I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability' I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work

Most tech enthusiasts would never run the corrupt factory preinstall with all of the bloatware that throttles Win7 native performance, but instead get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Follow the steps about putting your wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided by installer you can install it to connect to your netowrk and get online quickly.

Then if you stick with the tools and methods given in the tutorial only, you'll get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274473-my-asus-laptops-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Will a CPU from a Asus P5P800-MX motherboard work on an ASRock P45X3 motherboard? I believe the CPU on the Asus board is an Intel LGA 775 and the ASRock board says it takes an Intel LGA 775 CPU but I want to be sure because there could be other things to know about before knowing they will work or not. Any help will be great, Thanks.

A:CPU from an Asus P5P800-MX work on an ASRock P45X3

Which CPU are you questioning?
P45X3 Deluxe - CPU Support List

The ASRock P45X3 doesn't appear to support CPU's that have a 533MHz Front Side Bus.
The ASRock P45X3 does appear to support CPU's that have a 800MHz, 1066Mhz, and 1333MHz Front Side Bus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-from-an-asus-p5p800-mx-work-on-an-asrock-p45x3.187285/
Relevancy 43.86%

Quote:
Usually on top of their game, Asus is typically quick to adopt new technology, and the same will ring true with the latest USB standards. Several shots of their USB 3.0-packing P6X58 Premium system board have hit the Web.

more..

A:Asus hard at work on USB 3.0-packing motherboard

I've already seen this but I'd like to say this. Until they replace the USB 2.0 ports with 3.0 and Sata 3Gb/S ports with Sata 6Gb/S ports these motherboards are not worth purchasing yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17607-asus-hard-work-usb-3-0-packing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi having problems! On a new install using Asus maximus VII ranger MB. Purchased a crucial m500 M.2 sata ssd. Fitted to the MB and changed the BIOS allowing M.2 usage. Tried to install window 8.1 64 bit oem. Message no storage device deteched. Any ideas please

A:Will a crucial M.2 sata work with ASUS Ranger MB?

I'm running a Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD on my ASUS M4N68T-M V2 ?ATX Motherboard. Does it show up in the BIOS correctly? What SATA Port is it connected to? Some motherboards have a RAID function and a special controller just for it. If connected to that SATA controller it could be a driver issue. Did you try doing the custom install option? That option may let you partition and format the drive. You shouldn't have to but it couldn't hurt to try it.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53926-will-crucial-m-2-sata-work-asus-ranger-mb.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to reinstall windows 7 and F9 is not working.

A:How do access recovery partition on ASUS when F9 does not work?

I'm not familiar with Asus and the F9 key, but F8 will get you to Windows Safe Mode, where you can access the troubleshooting tools (and recovery) - will that help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372535-how-do-access-recovery-partition-asus-when-f9-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everybody.

I got an ASUS N50Vn aka X5AVseries..

On the top of the keyboard I got a "touch panel" where I can control the volume, change the computers performance and so on.

But after installing Windows 7 it doesn't work.

Anybody knows what to do? Maybe a speciel driver I need?

Thanks, Peter.

A:ASUS - Touch Panel doesn't work?

You have to install all the acpi/she drivers from asus's website. You can use the vista or xp drivers.

(had to do this on an 1000he from asus, but I got almost all hardware keys working)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15522-asus-touch-panel-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am thinking about purchasing the STRIX 1080 to upgrade from my STRIX 970. Does the card work with the motherboard that comes with the 8700? Will the card fit (it is 11.73 in)? Will I need a better power supply (I have a 600w PSU installed)? Has anyone tried installing this card into an 8700 before?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986752
Relevancy 43.86%

I got the asus p5n-d motherboard from a friend with an dualcore 2 ghz prosessor and 2 gig ram and gtx 260 asus card it worked perfectly with win xp but when I took the hard drive out an put my win 7 in it booted up till were the logo move it still moves and randomly restarts why anbody help plz ???

A:win 7 doesn't work on my asus p5n-d mother board?? why

Are you using a hard drive with Windows 7 already installed on it from another pc? If yes then no you have to install Windows 7 onto this computer and please remember one license per pc so if this hard drive has Windows 7 from another pc, you cannot use the same disk to install new to another hard drive that is already in use on another pc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-doesnt-work-on-my-asus-p5n-d-mother-board-why-649892.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi - I've got an Asus crosshair motherboard, 2GB RAM, Athlon 64 4200+ dual core etc. Board is SUPPOSED to support SLi, my supplier sent 2x 7300GTs of different make (but same chipset), didnt work, so I had to buy a 3rd matching card (Now both installed are Inno3D 7300GTs of same spec) but it STILL doesnt recognise them as SLi - I've tried swapping them, and both work fine alone, I've tried it with and without the SLi bridge, I've uninstalled them both from device manager and the drivers etc and reinstalled, I've tried different types of drivers, I've tried updating the BIOS in the mobo but it just doesnt work...

I'm just about to give up on Nvidia and AMD-based kit forever at this point.

Can anyone help me before I feed this PC piece by useless piece under the wheels of my car?

A:SLi on Asus Crosshair Mobo dont work - plz help!

I suspect you have a crossfire board and not a crosshair.
If you give us the exact model of the board that would be good.
If you do infact have a crossfire board you will not be able to use dual nVidia cards.
Crossfire is an ATI only spec, so you need 2 ATI based cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sli-on-asus-crosshair-mobo-dont-work-plz-help.623777/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all as above. I have read that my board does not support quad sli unless I buy some daughter board ?
I have 2 Nvidia 295 GTX graphics cards that have 2 pcb's per card. I will be using PCI-E slots 1 and 3.

Will this rig work please, or should I sell and go for another card ?

Thanks in advance

A:Asus Rampage Extreme III and 2 Nvidia 295 GTX will they work ?

Dirtbag

Looking at the link below . It does say you could use either SLI or Crossfire

ASUS - RAMPAGE III EXTREME

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291806-asus-rampage-extreme-iii-2-nvidia-295-gtx-will-they-work.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there, i wanted to build a cheap PC for a mate and i wanted to know if an ASUS P5ND2-SE motherboard works with it

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/(15937)Asus-P5ND2SE-motherboard-Intel-LGA-775-nForce.aspx

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps out .

A:Does an Intel E2140 work with a ASUS P5ND2-SE???

Yes it does. Also i'd recomend you to get E2160 for an extra 5 quid if you planing to OC

refer to http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=2&id=2332

here's a list of suported CPUs for your mobo

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-an-intel-e2140-work-with-a-asus-p5nd2-se.671064/
Relevancy 43.86%

ok so i finnaly decided that i wanted to get another GTX ti for my computer so i did a bit of searching around and to my horror found out that this board dosent support SLI i almost had a heart attack as i (asus and SLI work to AMD mobo on m4a89gtd/usb3) getting had origonaly build it to use AMD cards but after broken AMD dards i went straight to nvidia and had no problems until now so my motherboard is the asus m a gtd usb i have GTX ti my case would be getting SLI to work on and AMD mobo (asus m4a89gtd/usb3) too small for a but would fit an only slightly better but then i read somewhere about being able to quot hack quot your mobo so that SLI would work but all i could find were some quot old quot forum posts about it i am praying that it is refering to intergrated SLI not using the extermal SLI bridge that you can get as for my mobo to work properly i need to put a small circuit in my unused PCI-E X slot so anyone out there who has either this board or and cross-fire ONLY board but happens to run two Nvidia cards i would love to know how you did it and therefore save yet more money from this annoying expensive computer build nbsp

A:getting SLI to work on and AMD mobo (asus m4a89gtd/usb3)

ignore this thread. just got a new PC, so mods can remove it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-sli-to-work-on-and-amd-mobo-asus-m4a89gtd-usb3.1039830/
Relevancy 43.43%

what possible graphics cards could you use with this pc? because i am looking for an upgrade that willl work with the 300 watt power supply

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Does-the-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-210-graphics-card-work-with-the/td-p/5657507
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi community I ve just found out bout this site and I think ur my last hope to get this to work Last friday I bought an Sapphire x xt Platinum Edition Agp But when removing my old geforce ti mb x agp and inserting ther new card there is no screen on my monitor I then try an friends fx x agp and the same problems and the sapphire card works fine on his computer This is the motherboard I got the motherboard only supports x agp http usa asus com inside p s htm Are there any chance of getting my ASUS work motherboard.:( P4S333 cards with 8x agp doesnt my mobo to work with my new card I am buying an amd mobo and an amd in marsch but I want to play some on the card now to here is drivers for my motherboard to http www asus com tw support download item aspx ModelName P S 8x agp cards doesnt work with my ASUS P4S333 motherboard.:( amp Type Latest Right now I got this version on my bios Award Software Inc ASUS P S ACPI BIOS Revision Beta - - SM Bios version Really grateful for all help I can get nbsp

A:8x agp cards doesnt work with my ASUS P4S333 motherboard.:(

I don't think your mobo supports your video card Check w/ Rage3D forums to be sure though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8x-agp-cards-doesnt-work-with-my-asus-p4s333-motherboard.22223/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello before I start I want to say I'm a greenie so please bear with me
i bought this new video card (radeon 9550) and when I plug it in I get 1 long beep and 3 short beeps, my monitor still stays yellow too no green light I cant get it to work please help. my board is a asus cubx I dont know what else to say

curly

A:cant get radeon 9550 to work on my asus cubx board

one long and 3 short beeps..this sound like conventional/extended moemory failure(problem with the ram).its really simple just take out your ram carefully blow off any dust on it or on the ram port and put it back in.usually this fixes it,its quite common so dont worry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-radeon-9550-to-work-on-my-asus-cubx-board.22221/
Relevancy 43.43%

The problem started out as i could start windows normally then it would say my wd smartware isn't working followed by freezing up. then the windows defender that came with the computer started to act up and now my computer will not even get to the login screen. it get to the Microsoft windows loading screen and stays there. the loading bar is there but the windows icon is not. when i go to device manager and look under System Devices the Consumer IR Devices has a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point over top of it. Any ideas how to fix this problem? As you can tell I know almost nothing of computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-asus-g51vxseries-wont-work-other-than-in-safe-mode-620232.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there, I am new to this site... I have been having trouble with my webcam. It works for Skype and I just removed Virtual Camera and installed LifeFrame. It works sort of now. I still can't get into tinychat or userplane, It tells me it's not available or that it is in use by another program.. I am starting to get frustrated!! Help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x75vd-integrated-camera-doesnt-work.1075974/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all, seeking some advice here.

I'm looking forward to upgrading my mother board but I live in Central America and getting these things is hard. The best I've been able to find is the Asus P5NSLI motherboard.

Now, if you go over to the board description over at the Asus website, it states that the graphics slot is built around nVidia technology. The problem is that I don't have a nVidia card but rather an ATI Radeon which I don't plan to upgrade for the moment. The guy at the computer shop that showed me the board assured me that my Radeon card would work with this board no problems, but I'm still doubtful.

My question is: will it work or no? Keep in mind I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Asus P5NSLI with a Radeon Video Card - Will it Work?

The ATI Radeon will work fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5nsli-with-a-radeon-video-card-will-it-work.91513/
Relevancy 43.43%

So I wanted to restore my PC by down grading from win8 to win7 ( I've done that many times )
but I never use the same .iso file, and this time, when I download the proper file to get my wifi working ( I'm using an asus k55a ) it unfortunately doesn't work.

It says "The installation XML file is either missing or corrupted. The setup application will exit! "
I've searched and I couldn't find any help to get this problem gone so I decided to go back to window 8, but I'm not able to boot from any .iso file, neither in window7
For some reasons I can only boot from DVD/CD but when I get to boot nothing happen ...

So I'm a bit stuck here, if someone could give me any advice that would be much appreciated,

regards, william.

A:Can't get wifi driver to work on Asus K55A laptop

You dloaded the driver directly from Asus and it still says it`s corrupted ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358346-cant-get-wifi-driver-work-asus-k55a-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello for everyone! My english is poor, sorry.
I've installed ASUS Wi-Fi USB adapter (model USB-N13) for LAN. There is Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Through control panel I see that adapter works normally and the drivers are the latest. However my PC doesn't see the adapter - the ASUS utility notices me "ASUS Wireless LAN card is taken apart from your desktop PC".

I have the same Wi-Fi adapter at another my PC with Windows 7 Home Basic, and everything works nice. Of course I changed these adapters between my computers. Conclusion is both adapters are working good. The same models, the same drivers. Actually I don't understand where is the mistake?

If this matter was already discussed here pls give the link. Or what are your ideas about this trouble?

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 installed Asus Wi-Fi adapter. However it doesn't work.

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

As the USB adapter is seen on a different computer, but not this one one, you may want to check you have the correct chipset drivers, as they are needed for the USB controllers.

You haven't given us any of your computer specifications so I can't advise you where to look.

Even the computer make and model would have helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230520-windows-7-installed-asus-wi-fi-adapter-however-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there I just got my new Asus Vivobook s ca running Win a few weeks ago It really runs great although I managed to find one problem Since this is a laptop without a detachable screen I didn't really find any good reason for having the touch keyboard toolbar in my task bar since I was pretty sure I'd never need it So I disabled the keyboard which worked out fine but the toolbar was still there I then went on to try to remove it by using one of EightForum's reg files for that purpose This did as described remove the toolbar but apparantly it stopped the mouse pad driver as well even though the mouse pad itself basically works no gestures or scrolling though As you can see here There's no driver running And pad work Asus driver Vivobook Mouse doesn't - in the ASUS hub it's also impossible to turn it on It just keeps saying it's off So I decided to use another reg file that I found with the initial one that should basically just rollback the effect that the other one had but to no avail It just made the toolbar come back So I don't really know where to go from here Any suggestions Also if there is anyone who knows what to do about that toolbar please do tell Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41476-mouse-pad-driver-doesnt-work-asus-vivobook.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I bought usb Steelseries soundcard. ASUS 9h work Motherboard: Dont Z87-A. a pair steelseries h with usb soundcard today But cant get it to work out with usb sound card I Have tried the soundercard on all usb ports but i dont work The mic and the sound does work when I plug in directly with no usb sound card But i want it to work with usb sound card though it is rumored that it will not work better than a built-in sound card on the motherboard I have not used usb headphones earlier on this computer just only mm plug There have not been any problems at all by this way Pictures of the accessories to the headset imgur the simple image sharer Picture of Device manager imgur the simple image sharer Picture of the sound headphone imgur the simple image sharer Picture of the sound mic imgur the simple image sharer Picture of Steelseries 9h usb soundcard. Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A. Dont work h software imgur the simple image sharer Can you make suggestions about what I might have done wrong I would appreciate it very much if you could help me out

A:Steelseries 9h usb soundcard. Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A. Dont work

When you use a USB headset, you are not using (most) the sound card. The Headset will get set as the Playback Device, not the "Speakers" (PC's sound card) or your USB connected sound card.

You need a standard "analog" type headset to utilize the PC's sound card, or an external USB connected sound "card".

Here is the correct way to post screen shots on this forum: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/333590-steelseries-9h-usb-soundcard-motherboard-asus-z87-dont-work.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Asus U50F Laptop and the external wireless switch to turn the WiFi on/off isn't working. The splash screen will show up indicating I turned off my WiFi but then nothing happens and I still have a wireless connection.

A:External Asus WiFi Switch Doesn't Work

I managed to fix this by installing the Asus wireless console 3. Delete this thread please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135067-external-asus-wifi-switch-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My sustem was running XP and I eventually successfully custom installed Windows by work won't Windows 7 on upgrade Board with ram 3GB A7n8x2.0 Asus removing GB memory stick I am now unable to reinstall back to GB of Ram I have ensured all slots and sticks work by swapping them around In another forum I found the following advice Find the quot NVIDIA nForce AGP Host to PCI Bridge quot in the device manager Right-click and choose quot Update Driver quot Browse my computer etc Let me pick from a list etc Select quot PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge quot You will now have listings of quot PCI Windows 7 upgrade won't work with 3GB ram on Asus A7n8x2.0 Board standard PCI-to-PCI bridge quot and no NVIDIA nForce AGP Host etc Click quot Finish quot and shutdown the computer Now install your RAM upgrade and power on After the reboot Win now recognises all GB of RAM quot This worked and I could use GB of ram with Windows but my Graphics Card Radeon Pro was stopped by windows with an error So I have undone this and am back to GB with the Graphic Card working again Is it possible to do something to run GB with my graphic card CPUZ text file attached re my system Thanks in hope of an answer Wynne

A:Windows 7 upgrade won't work with 3GB ram on Asus A7n8x2.0 Board

Welcome to Windows Seven Forms.

You might wanbt to consider a clean install of Windows 7 using your upgrade disc.

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/201342-windows-7-upgrade-wont-work-3gb-ram-asus-a7n8x2-0-board.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently bought a Asus Radeon HD 6450 ( EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP)) GPU to use in my HP P7-1205 IPISB-CU(carmel2) 3.0GHZ 8GB ram and i dont know why but when starting up after putting card into desktop i get no signal to monitor yet i can power down and remove card and have signal.. just wondering why this PC is doing this.... considering you can buy the PC from HP with the same card.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-p7-1205-wont-work-with-new-Asus-Radeon-HD-6450/td-p/5698472
Relevancy 43.43%

I've got a problem with my motherboard. It does not like standby mode. When I try to enter standby mode on my ASUS P4S533-X motherboard, it enters it and exits it immediately, even without me touching the mouse or keyboard. It is using the 1.0.0.4 BIOS (current). My specs are below, please help me!

Intel Pentium 4 1.8Ghz / 400mhz FSB Northwood chip
ASUS P4S533-X motherboard with 1.0.0.4 BIOS
256MB DDR333 PC2700 RAM
ATi Radeon 7000 64MB DDR AGP4X - Omega 3.10 Catalyst
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Windows XP Home Edition / Service Pack 1 / DirectX 9.0b

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby-sleep-mode-does-not-work-on-asus-p4s533-x.193177/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 43.43%

ASUS laptop - after installing windows 10, I am unable to use mouse or touchpad. there is no response. The touch screen works.

A:ASUS laptop Mouse & touchpad don't work after W10 install

First thing I would try is this, as it's easy:Turn off laptop, remove power cord, remove main battery if at all possible. Next hold the Power Off/On button down for about 20 seconds to discharge the motherboard components. This has helped unstick things at odd times.Otherwise, see if you can make your way to Device Manager and see if any errors are showing under "Keyboard" and "Mice and other pointing devices". Let us know if any errors are showing (usually small yellow icons). You could also under each appropriate sub-heading right click and use Uninstall then restart the computer. DO NOT say yes to any request to remove software. On restart this will find the items as new hardware and attempt to re-establish the software, which often fixes issues.Failing that check with your computer manufacturer to see if you have the latest drivers for both items, preferably ones that say Win 10.I realise this will be fiddling from the touch screen so I wish you well. If necessary you might be able to download drivers as files on another computer then see if you can copy them across using a flash drive.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/asus-laptop-mouse-touchpad-dont-work-after-w10-install/194.html
Relevancy 43%

I'm having trouble with my Asus desktop not booting properly I get this message quot Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press a key quot I have tried setting the boot options variously switching between manually setting between the boot options below and and boot not don't Asus properly, booting options consistently work setting to the Optimized Defaults setting I'm not sure which boot option should be first or which one is working when it does work Asus not booting properly, boot options don't work consistently Here's my options Boot option SATA ATAPI DVD A DH ABS Boot option WDC WD EARX- PASB Boot option Generic-MS MS-Pro Noticed that the driver for the bios is the original one and tried to update it through the option provided but it never seems to work and just continues to 'connect to server' with no result Through numerous trials and errors I seem able to get the boot to work not sure how though and once it does Windows works fine The trouble is as soon as I try to boot again the whole process happens over I have a quot new system image restore Asus ISO Files disk that I made when I purchased the computer but haven't tried to use it as I'm not sure how or if it would only restore the bios settings or overwrite the whole system Help would be most appreciated

A:Asus not booting properly, boot options don't work consistently

Your DVD should be the first boot option and the drive that has your C: drive should be the second boot. == It sounds like your System Image would be the thing to try. It restores your PC to the way it was the day the Image was made. Any changes you have made since then will be gone. This includes any pictures or documents you may have added since then. They will be gone also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329457-asus-not-booting-properly-boot-options-dont-work-consistently.html
Relevancy 43%

Problem as above.
I get the following error if I try to enter the display properties in the control panel.

"Error occured while Windows was working with the control panel."

Unit is a Slot 1 FIC motherboard with a Celeron 450mhz chip 384mb ram, 80gb Maxtor hd, Intel NIC, Soundblaster value audio.
OS Windows 98se

Any ideas how I could fix this? It seems that reinstalling the latest drivers has no effect, I made sure to unistall the previous Diamond v550 drivers first.

Thanx

A:Installed Asus 7700 Geforce2 GTS and now the display panel won't work

Going to try reinstalling windows and see if there is any joy, the machine stinks stuck at 800x600x24bit color all the time.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-asus-7700-geforce2-gts-and-now-the-display-panel-wont-work.184972/
Relevancy 43%

After installing Windows Ultimate x on a EEE PC Asus B Seashell serie the button which toggle wifi did not work anymore like any other keyboard function keys less importante button not 1215B Ultimate with Wifi W7x64 work asus on does now When I log on I receive a message in a popup windows which says You must install ATK driver I had installed the P GX before noticed the problem I've tried to install the driver downloaded from asus support site but I receive an error message in a Wifi button does not work on asus 1215B with W7x64 Ultimate pop-up windows without any Wifi button does not work on asus 1215B with W7x64 Ultimate clue about what the problem is Nothing is registered in Device manager nothing is found in Registry no file related to atk in system driverstore filerepository It's not possible remove nor reinstall cause nothing bad remains after my failed installations I've tried many times with Troubleshoot Compatibility and Run as administrator my regular user is also an admin After executing the driver app one command prompt appears showing the log of the installation process and all of sudden disappear No control about it It's only possible to read the upper case word FAILURE before the window close No log is found It works when I restore the machine to W Starter that comes from factory I dont know how to get the drivers inside the hidden partition Please help

A:Wifi button does not work on asus 1215B with W7x64 Ultimate

Quote:
I dont know how to get the drivers inside the hidden partition.

Do you want to insert drivers into the hidden partition?

Or do you want to investage the hidden partition by making it visible?
Did you try to install driver in "safe mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/201228-wifi-button-does-not-work-asus-1215b-w7x64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 43%

Just an FYI;

Had to reinstall win 7 pro 64bit due to said Marvell sata 'DriveXpert' drivers not really working at all well. They *should* work according to Asus and they also *seem to work at first, but within hours of initial installation there were odd slowdowns, vanishing of drives in MyComputer, two occasions of BSOD followed by drive checks upon boot, and finally all my optical drives simply vanished and would not return.

A change of drives to use only the Intel controller on the Asus P5Q mobo changed everything; now everything works super fast and stable.

A:Marvell 61XX 64bit sata driver don't work (Asus P5Q)

I just installed a P5Q workstation and was hesitant to install those Marvell drivers. It's been working well with the Intel drivers... I'll stick with what works.

Thanks for the warning!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/36403-marvell-61xx-64bit-sata-driver-dont-work-asus-p5q.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,
after upgrading to Windows 10, I see that my projector OPTOMA is not recognized via cable HDMI by my laptop ASUS X751L : no image with message 'source not found' !! (while the cable VGA works perfectly !) I suspected that it's a problem of driver but I don't know which is the missing driver ! ? Can someone help me ? Thanks a lot .

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/44792-hdmi-doesnt-work-after-upgrading-windows-10-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a asus x550c laptop that came with win 8 . Everything worked great. The harddrive crashed so I purchased I new drive and installed 10.The dvd drive doesn't work now. I have been all over the web and everyone is having the same problem with differrent laptops.I have tried the fixes and some people they work for but it does not work for my laptop. Please help.Need this for homework and now I cant . I bought the drive and win 10 to save money .

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153559.0.html
Relevancy 42.14%

built a new comp klipsch cant work on with hd manager asus realtek get to fully audio speakers 5.1 with the asus p w dh deluxe with its channel or whatever audio capabilities installed the RealTek HD Audio manager but i cant get my cant get klipsch 5.1 speakers to fully work on asus with realtek hd audio manager subwoofer to do anything everything comes down to the front speakers in terms of bass ive tried a number of switches but now im thinking maybe they just wont do the last batch of klipsch i had were thx certified older models of the ones i have now so i figure these are as well but the retarded realtek only does dolby im sure that has nothing to do with it but it wont list on its options as a note i get sound out of my center speaker but again nothign out the subwoofer i have a soundcard a soundblaster from way back in that supports but i figured this would do a better job setup is core duo geil gig asus p w dh deluxe HIS x gto trying to get to xl sata ata and a dying gig trying to get as much stuff out of it as possible before i throw it away dvd burner nbsp

A:cant get klipsch 5.1 speakers to fully work on asus with realtek hd audio manager

I could be way off, but the Realtek audio software usually gangs the sub into the speakers. So, 5.1 = 6 speaker config. 7.1 = 8 speaker config.

Not sure how you have things wired back/panel and in the software, but perhaps trying the 6 speaker setting may fix things.. unless it's for Dolby surround only (which expects your speakers to do the crossover/encoding).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-klipsch-5-1-speakers-to-fully-work-on-asus-with-realtek-hd-audio-manager.58765/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey there,

I'm using the onboard sound of my ASUS P7P55D motherboard.
The back audio connectors work fine, but I somehow can't use the front panel that I connected to the mobo (yellow cable).

Is there a trick or any setting to activate it with win7 professional x64?

I also tried changing to AC97 in BIOS, didn't help...

thx!

A:Front audio Panel doesn't work (ASUS P7P55D motherboard)

Check which it is that the csae has as they are wired differently between HD Audio and AC97,

It is also possible that that fpaudio block is wired wrong and neither will work. If that is what it is it will take pulling and reseating the various wires in the block; not easy but can be done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/183322-front-audio-panel-doesnt-work-asus-p7p55d-motherboard.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been working with apacer ddr2 800 mhz for awhile without any problems. I just wanted to have something faster so i bought a 4GB kit consisting of 2x 2GB corsair dominator that are suppost to work at 1066mhz at 5-6-6-18. But when i try setting it in bios to 1066 it shows me 1067.If i try that speed my latency jumps above the posted spec to 5-7-7-23. Are there any suggestions to what i should do?

A:Corsair ddr2 dominator 1066mhz won't work at the posted specs on my asus m3a79-t

what happens if you set the timings to auto? it all depends on the motherboard really... and since you were using ddr2 800 before, i would set the timings to auto and see what each module reads using CPU-Z. also, have you tried just setting it to 1065... just for kicks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-ddr2-dominator-1066mhz-wont-work-at-the-posted-specs-on-my-asus-m3a79-t.139799/
Relevancy 36.98%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Tried to get HP support to give some similar board model from ASUS own models so I could get the correct Asus AI Suite to control fans read system info The similar Asus model they gave didn t even have the same chipset I m not sure if that truly matters as far as their AI Suite working correctly Just need a reliable program to adjust case fan speeds a bit / similar model HP with Asus reference Cross mobo Asus Simpler is better Does anyone know Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model how I can cross the HP Asus board w some similar model on Asus site to get the correct version of AI Suite If no to suggestions on reliable prgms that will allow controlling fan speeds Fairly sure this mobo has the ability to adjust fans st tried SpeedFan - no options to adjust any fans reports them but MSI Afterburner had no trouble adjusting GPU fan None of several socket boards I looked at on Asus site had G chipset The info HP has for this mobo Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model is Manufacturer s motherboard name Asus IPIBL-TX HP Compaq name Burbank-GL E Form Factor Micro-ATX cm inches x cm inches Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model Chipset Intel G Front-side bus speed MHz processor dependent Processor upgrade information Socket type Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-reference-hp-asus-mobo-with-similar-asus-model.167486/
Relevancy 36.55%

CPU AMD Athlon X Motherboard ASUS A N -SLI DELUXE Memeory SAMSUNG PC GB GB x DDR GPU ASUS EN GS SILENT Silent ASUS A8NSLI-32 Trouble + ASUS Deluxe En7600GS PCI Express MB DDR PSU W SILENT KING- SUPER SILENT SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY HDD GB SATA II Status After installing Windows XP SP and the ASUS motherboard installation CD the system won t take the ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble drivers for the GPU System boots to the Windows XP loading screen and remains there The little green bar just keeps moving like it s loading Windows but it loops forever Again this started happening right after installing the nVidia drivers from the graphics card installation disc If I power down manually and then power back up again I can go into quot the last known good quot but every time I try to load drivers again the system starts doing this The latest drivers from nVidia cause ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble the same issue I m starting to think this is a driver conflict with the ASUS motherboard chipset or the motherboard RAID drivers Has ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble anyone else had a problem like this nbsp

A:ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble

Followup: I was able to fix it and thought I'd post this info since it might help others who might have the same problem. After reading through dozens of pages here and in the ASUS forums, I discovered that one of my default BIOS setting mysteriously ended up in a non-default state. For some reason, the RAID option for Silicon Image was set to RAID. That's fine for those how actually want to setup RAID but I didn't plan to use RAID at the time. After making the change to the BIOS, I had to install Windows XP again to get everything registered correctly. Once Windows was up and running, I avoided the motherboard chipset install CD all together by using only the newest versions of all the motherboard drivers directly from the ASUS website. Problem solved!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8nsli-32-deluxe-asus-en7600gs-silent-trouble.52321/
Relevancy 36.55%

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Originally Posted by Isoldmyname

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi.
Not sure I understand how you could perform a factory reset if you don't have the recovery partition available. You should have gotten an error that the ASUS Recovery Partition could not be found.

You would need to get to a working computer and download either the Media Creation Tool for W10, or the current ISO from MSTechBench. You can use RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive, and then install W10 that way.

You might also want to check the health of your hard drive, to make sure it's not failing.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40974-my-asus-g74sx-doesnt-boot-past-asus-logo.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have in my possession an Asus X CA laptop which was running Windows before it failed to boot The machine cycled through the automatic repair failed and then using Unable recovery X550CA DVDs Asus restore Asus to did nothing The advanced bootup options were useless including chkdsk sfc and the usual suspects The recovery partition was apparently missing atleast I couldn't use it but doing a diskpart confirmed it was there so I suspect the upgrade broke the link to it I tried the quot refresh your PC quot Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs option but this told me the drive was locked and disabling secure boot via the BIOS did nothing thought it would at first In addition the reset your PC option wanted recovery media which I didn't Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs have at the time I ordered the official Asus recovery DVDs as the laptop did not have media created when it was new hit F and went to the quot reset your PC' option but it told me the recovery media wasn't valid Odd given it's official Asus media from Mentor Media for that specific machine From the legacy BIOS I booted from the DVD it loaded the Asus specific Windows recovery options from the disk and I get as far as quot Start rebuild Windows system process quot with quot processing quot underneath and the machine does no more I've also tried UEFI booting from the DVD drive and get the same as above Any suggestions welcome please Regards

A:Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs

Is the ASUS recovery media Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It may be because the recovery disks are 8.0 and it's a conflict because your now running 8.1. The 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade does break the factory recover feature on some laptops. ASUS for sure I think. I have a K75DE, that shipped with Windows 8.0. I clean installed with Windows 8.1 from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help. It reads and uses my 8.0 OEM embedded code and activates online automatically. no muss no fuss. That tool will create a bootable USB thumb drive that will work with UEFI for you. If you need any more info just ask and i'll see if I can help. I don't know why your getting the "Start rebuild Windows system process" message and the lock up? It may be because the partition structure has changed on the Drive. I created a Recovery drive, then swapped in an SSD and it would not work on the SSD. It kept saying required partition missing. That's why I bailed and did a clean install. I was leaning in that direction anyway.

EDIT: If I don't get back to you tonight don't panic. I have company coming and may not get back online until tomorrow morning. Have to go now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68626-unable-restore-asus-x550ca-using-asus-recovery-dvds.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 36.55%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 36.55%

So I recently just replaced my Asus P X -E WS with another Asus P X -E WS from Amazon I always remember hearing to Drivers Asus MB. website? No P6X58-E Win8 WS NEW!! on Asus ignore the drivers disk on CD that comes with product and go straight to web-sight and gather latest I ALWAYS keep CD for just in case moments When I was running Win last year on old MB this was never a issue and downloaded NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website? drivers from Asus web site but when I recently went to the Asus drivers download site there are no options for win Screen Shot Below Here Is my problem After Installing new MB and testing OS operations with only my SSD pluged in OS win is on SSD everything was working great this also confirmed a few of my last MB memory slots were fried because I had GB of memory installed but BIOS amp OS was telling me I had only GB Im back GB now I also had QTY TB-HDD I was using with previous MB No raid configurations I record music and many project files can get very big so each HDD was dedicated to different quot IMPORTANT quot things Well after confirming OS win was in working order I powered down and plugged in all HDD then powered back up I wish I would have done this one HDD at a time now only are being recognized I keep getting the message quot you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it quot Now from what I've gathered from a Google search this is what you would do to format a NEW hard drive Correct I then was reading its as simple as downloading latest drivers But they were on the subject of USB This is a direct SATA plugin what I'm dealing with So far the best jedi computer minds who have given me success helping me fix my problems live amp converse here I beg for anyone's wisdom on this issue and show me the error of my ways I will gladly publicly write a post explaining how superior amp knowledgeable you are and how truly grateful I am you helped me LOL Hell Ill even donate to you Seriously I will However I am ready to except any bad news or worst case scenario's Remember this MB is only days old from Amazon I can quickly return this sucker if I need to quot

A:NEW!! Asus P6X58-E WS MB. No Win8 Drivers on Asus website?

From what I found on the Asus site....
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6X58-E WS
They are only providing drivers up to Windows 7 64 Bit. You can go to the file manager and click one time on the primary HDD and then click computer tab and from there click on manage. From there you click device manager and you will get a list of your hardware. You can right click on each one and click update driver and the system will try to find the updated driver for you. If anything you now have your hardware name and can try to get the updated driver through the actual company who builds the drivers.

It also does sound like you may need to format the HDD's. Do the same thing but instead of clicking on device manager you will click on disk management and you can right click on each drive and select to format. Just make sure to not format the primary partition if that is even possible.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41500-new-asus-p6x58-e-ws-mb-no-win8-drivers-asus-website.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all i am scratching my head at what mobo to get i was serioulsy going towards the maximus formula cause it has cpu level up for overclocking but it has pcie 2.0 and i have an 8800 gtx will it be compatible? with 2.0 bus . if you guys could maybe give me the pros and cons of each board i could make up my mind cheers

A:Asus striker extreme or Asus maximus formula?

that is a new board and the 2.0 bus is what the new video cards are going to be coming out at and this board will work work with u're card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-or-asus-maximus-formula.94396/
Relevancy 36.55%

Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

sorry i also posted this in the audio section but maybe this is a better place to post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

A:Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

same problem with a7n8x deluxe

hello karmstrong, i just got my spdif out module today (optical & co-ax) and have the same problem with my a7n8x deluxe. 5 pin socket on the board, three on the module. i suppose we need a different module? if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be very much obliged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20948/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20939/