Windows Support Forum

80070005 error code [might be NET framework related]

Q: 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related]

Alright guys I'm getting this very frustrating error code that I've been trying to fix all day long but I still have no luck It basically makes me not able to simply use the Windows freely It appears everywhere and anywhere The error code is x or just It makes me think its somehow NET Framework related I will post some screens to clearify and also point out why I think its NET Framework related I really have no clue on how to fix this no why it's appearing in the first place Alright well I started installing Autodesk Maya I work in it and everything seemed to be fine until the installer related] [might be NET 80070005 error code framework got to the point where it was supposed to install NET Framework and 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related] guess what happend It just gave some unlogical error 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related] about me not being connected to the internet Then I checked the log files and whoala It obviously points out that the error is somewhat related to frameworks Then I tried to manually install it from quot Turn Windows features on or off quot and guess what happens after some time once I click on the NET Framework check-box Then I decided to do a Windows Update since it has crucial updates that it needs to install but guess what error message appeared here ASWELL Note the error code in all pictures is the same This is very frustrating I tried disabling firewall windows defender and I'm pretty sure I'm logged in as an Administrator Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related]

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related]

Read this first:

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

That particular error means you are not using an Administrator account to try to download the updates. More discussion and proposed fixes are HERE:

windows update error 80070005
You may have Malware blocking you as well, so check for Sirefef and other trojans and rootkits:

How do I remove Sirefef (ZeroAccess) trojan? - ESET Knowledgebase

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37196-80070005-error-code-might-net-framework-related.html
Relevancy 97.65%

Alright 80070005 NET error framework related] be code [might guys I'm getting this very frustrating error code that I've been trying to fix all day long but I still have no luck It basically makes me not able to simply use the Windows freely It appears everywhere and anywhere The error code is x or just It makes me think its somehow NET Framework related I will post some screens to 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related] clearify and also point out 80070005 error code [might be NET framework related] why I think its NET Framework related I really have no clue on how to fix this no why it's appearing in the first place Alright well I started installing Autodesk Maya I work in it and everything seemed to be fine until the installer got to the point where it was supposed to install NET Framework and guess what happend It just gave some unlogical error about me not being connected to the internet Then I checked the log files and whoala It obviously points out that the error is somewhat related to frameworks Then I tried to manually install it from quot Turn Windows features on or off quot and guess what happens after some time once I click on the NET Framework check-box Then I decided to do a Windows Update since it has crucial updates that it needs to install but guess what error message appeared here ASWELL Note the error code in all pictures is the same This is very frustrating I tried disabling firewall windows defender and I'm pretty sure I'm logged in as an Administrator Any help would be appreciated

A:80070005 error code [might be NET framework related]

Try the Microsoft FixIt: Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working
If that fails, maybe this will help: Window update error "WindowsUpdate_80070005" - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/80070005-error-code-might-be-net-framework-related-763722.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I recently was infected with one of the scam antivirus virus that were going around.

I think I've all but cleaned my pc.

Ran malwarebytes, avast, combofix and appeared to have fixed all my problems, except now i cannot update my windows.

I've tried the recommendation here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx

After completion however I am still not able to update.

Any ideas?

A:Window Updates Error Code 80070005 Vista(Virus Related)

Resolved.

This did the trick

Stop update service:

in run type services.msc, go to windows update and right click select stop.

Rename your softwaredistribution folder:

Go to C:\Windows and find the folder named SoftwareDistribution and rename it to something else.

now create a new folder called SoftwareDistribution in c:\Windows

Restart windows update:

in run type services.msc, right click on windows update and select start

Now restart your computer, and try to use windows update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398334/window-updates-error-code-80070005-vistavirus-related/
Relevancy 84.71%

This has been an issue that's been ongoing for months Failure. Error .NET Update Framework 80070005. Here are the two updates that never seem to want to work MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework on Windows XP Windows Server Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server R June MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework on Windows XP Windows Server Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server R .NET Framework Update Failure. Error 80070005. June I've restarted on several occasions It used to be one update then it became two The updates would sit there and act like they had been installed My computer would tell me to restart When I restarted the same two updates would still be there So the other day I went and uninstalled all my NET Framework updates and decided just to let Windows Update reinstall them Bam new updates So I let it run for a few days and I come in this morning There are new updates One manages to install and the two same blasted ones are still there Here's a little bit what my update history looks like wuapp FAIL Now I want to mention though that I'm on a shared network and typically our server handles all of the updates I've heard that alone could be an issue but I have yet to see a solution based on that I would be fine living without two updates if they weren't quot Important quot updates and were blocking me from installing any updates after I'm pretty much at a loss at this point

A:.NET Framework Update Failure. Error 80070005.

Hello ConureDelSol and welcome to Seven Forums.

Try re-setting and re-registering the Windows Update components. (See Option Two in this tutorial.)

Windows Update - Reset

After doing that try installing the updates from the hidden administrator account. (See Option Two in this tutorial.) I'd also temporarily disable your real-time AV in case it's causing a conflict. And, if you get more than, let's say, 5 updates to install, I'd do just 2 or 3 at a time.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/175786-net-framework-update-failure-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I haven't been able to update because of the error I've been getting this error for all Updates for Windows for x -based Systems and Security Updates for Windows for x -based Systems I just performed the repair install a few hours ago SURT says quot No component store corruption detected quot And sfc scannow says quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot 80070005 Error code I have then renamed the SoftwareDistribution folder Error code 80070005 created a new one and run windows update There were some other errors which was fixed by the trouble shooter I've run malwarebyte's Anti-Malware The only anti-virus I have is Windows Defender My account is the only user Operating System Microsoft Windows -bit OEM CPU Intel Core i GHz Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard LENOVO INVALID U E Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz MB GeForce GT M Lenovo Thanks I am unable to upload the CBS here as I'm getting an internal error I have uploaded the zip file here Zippyshare com - CBS zip

A:Error code 80070005

You can the try method from this link to see if it helps:
Error 0x80070005 when you try to install updates by using Microsoft Update or Windows Update

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33824-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

The error code listed pertains to update # HP - Display - HP w2408 Wide LCD Monitor and I get it every time I attempt to install and am at my wits end. I consider myself a lower than average computer user.
Bill

A:Error Code 80070005

The error code 80070005 usually means that you do not have enough permission to install updates.

First please confirm you have logged on an account with administrative privileges.

If it does not work, uninstall firewall and antivirus.

Let us know, the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/266312-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem for like 6 months... and it pisses me off so badly... ! :@

thanks in advance..

A:msn problem error code 80070005

Hello,

Could you translate that message box into English for me? I must confess I don't know what the options are, and can't tell how to fix it.

Thanks,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/63909-msn-problem-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am rather frustrated as I consider myself pretty good with win7 but this one has been throwing me for quite a loop.

When I attempt to update windows I get:

Windows could not search for new updates

An error occurred while checking for
new updates for your computer.

Error(s) found:

Code 80070005 Windows update encountered an unknown error.

------------------------------------
I have attempted a few fixes :

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_80070005.htm

If anyone has any idea's I would appreciate them.

A:Error Code 80070005 (when Trying to update)

Do any of the fixes on THIS article help you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-80070005-when-trying-to-update.971807/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I am trying to fix up my cousin's computer and boy was it mess There were loads of malware that I had to fix and a lot of stuff to clean This laptop seems fine now but there appears to be traces of the malware that has been left behind It also appears Windows Update has not been run of over years YEESH Anyways upon launching WU it will scan and give the error code I tried to solve this problem myself by looking it up and they all say to go into Services and enable Software Licensing They all say to make sure it is set to automatic which it is and to start the service it is shows up at stopped This is where the problem is When trying to start the service it says Windows could not start the Software Licensing service on Local Computer Error x Access is denied So now I'm wondering what to do Can anyone help me out edit In case anyone was wondering the AVP used is MSE and the last update to be suceeful on this laptop was Hotfix for Windows KB which was done on which Error Code 80070005 Windows is Windows Error Code 80070005 odd since I do not remember running WU yesterday Mod Edit Moved topic from Vista to Aii bloopie

A:Windows Error Code 80070005

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HEREUnzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt NOTE. Make sure all logs are pasted not attached.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485823/windows-error-code-80070005/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi can't find a solution for this:

I have vista home premium, newly bought laptop came with this OS.Live messenger worked fne for a day or two then suddenly started this error messaging: 80070005 telling me that the service is unavailable.... I searched the net and tried a bunch of advice how to solve tis but NONE worked. I have amdin privileges, set all programs to microsoft default, re-installed the latest version of live messenger, then according to other advices deinsalled it and installed msn messenger 7.5 but NONE works, NOTHING works. How the heck can I have this program to log in??? I'm getting tired of Vista and long for XP... Can anyone give me any further advice with this problem???

and yes, I DID check the firewall settings as well.... (Norton)

thanks in advance

A:Live Messenger Error code 80070005

Hi Teemeah,

Welcome to the forum.

You might to run through these steps to see if it is a Auto Tunning issue.

How to Test the TCP/IP Receive Window Auto Tuning in Vista

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/104091-live-messenger-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i have tried installing updates they all get to 100% after a restart but then it says not configured correctly reverting back to the ones i already have

i have looked all over the net for an easy fix but most of them are way to technical for me ... so if anyone could help me out it would be gr8 thanks
vista sp2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265009/80070005-error-code-for-windows-update/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP on my desktop computer which has Gb of RAM and Windows Update continues to nag me that I need to upgrade to SP I have tried to do so over and over again but every time it fails and I get the error message quot ERROR lost 80070005 to live Code and will Error ACCESS DENIED X quot Now from my research I gather this error message is telling me that I am trying to install SP without sufficient privilidges but I am actually logged in as an Administrator Things I have tried as suggested in forums Error Code 80070005 and lost will to live and elsewhere in the internet I have quot Re-armed quot Vista - whatever that means Still SP install failed I have disabled Windows Update renamed the existing SOFTWAREDISTRIBUTION folder and created a new SOFTWAREDISTRIBUTION folder re-enabled Windows Update and Error Code 80070005 and lost will to live still SP install failed I have used subinacl msi to run a batch file to reset permission settings just in case I was mistaken about my Administrator login but still SP install failed I do not know what else to do Interestingly I cannot run Windows Media Player either When I try to run it I get the following error message quot The file wmplayer exe has a version number of where was expected WMP is not installed properly and must be re-installed Do you want to install the player from the Microsoft website quot When I select YES the page quot http www microsoft com downloads en resultsForCategory aspx displaylang en amp categoryid quot opens up in my browser When I click on the link entitled DOWNLOAD WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER I am taken to the page quot http www microsoft com windows windowsmedia player default aspx quot where I click on the DOWNLOAD NOW link but that just takes me back to the previous page Maybe the two problems are linked I just don't know What I do know is that I have spent whole days trying to sort both problems and have got precisely NOWHERE I would appreciate any help

A:Error Code 80070005 and lost will to live

have you tried downloading SP2 to a folder then right clicking and running it with administrative privillages? or tried running windows update itself with admin privillages and then try installing SP2?

if that doesnt work and have still not got any closer to solving your problem, you might consider backing up just your files (no system settings or program files) and restoring the OS to factory settings.

after restoring, you could eliminate the possibility of anything going wrong again by doing the following:

disable automatic updates the first chance you get.

then install SP1 followed by SP2 Manually

then on to install other updates available through windows update (you could try running WU with admin privillages)

after that just install your programs i.e WMP11 plus any security software/s and there shouldnt be any problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/274703-error-code-80070005-lost-will-live.html
Relevancy 78.26%

On my latest attempt to install Win 10, after adding the Registry change, I now crap out with Error Code:80070005.

This is really frustrating!

A:Windows 10 Install Error Code: 80070005

Hi TheDude23112 Just to let you know that I'm currently looking into that issue. I'm talking with colleagues over at Sysnative to see what can be done about this error code, since a lot of users have it when trying to upgrade to Windows 10.So far, you tried to upgrade via the Windows Update (Get Windows 10 app), did you try using the Media Creation Tool?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584845/windows-10-install-error-code-80070005/
Relevancy 78.26%

After failing twice, I read and followed the directions MS posts for this error code: (1) download and extract subinacl.exe and (2) create/run as admin the reset.cmd batch file, as instructed. Reset.cmd ran as expected. Additional attempt to install update failed with the same error. I have hidden the update for now.

Note: The parameters of this error do not fit. I am Admin and logging in as such. Also logged in using super administrator account. Firewall is not obstructing. Updates are set correctly. Also, please do not bother suggesting running SFC.exe.

A:KB3023266 Fails with Error Code 80070005

The logs show the following problems...

Quote:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
StarRAM
ysyfer

Quote:
The Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

DiskKeeper appears to be causing registry problems on shutdown

Without the logs, that's as far as I can go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/358415-kb3023266-fails-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

the update is reverting changes
ataching cbs Attachment 341556

Attachment 341557

Attachment 341558

Attachment 341559log

A:cannot install KB2862152 error code 80070005

The 80070005 error is an 'Access Denied' one - we need to find out what's being denied access to what.
Please upload the C:\windows\windowsupdate.log file, and the relevant event logs....

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/353432-cannot-install-kb2862152-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

hi,
one day, I suddenly cannot watch videos nor play video games
I also lost aero effect

my video card had problems
windows told me that to solve the problem, I need to update WDDM
so I tried to install "Intel Corperation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics4000"

but error 80070005 appeared

I have tried using Subinacl to solve this but it did not work

I have also been told to run Registry Editor but there are so many folders that I did not know which one to change permission, and I don't even know for sure if this will solve my problem

so someone please help me with this.

A:update WDDM error code 80070005

The 005 error code can mean different things in different places - and it's best not to fiddle with permissions anyhow.
Let's have a general look at the system and see if we get a clue as to what's going on...
First, please run the BSOD info tool and post the log produced here. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Then...

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348418-update-wddm-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I've been trying to update windows 7 for a while now. I've looked up every way possible, and every time i shutdown and tries to configure, it fails. then i check and see the error code 80070005. i know that this means that i dont have permission. im on
the administrative account, ive tried my best uninstalling any third party programs and still nothing.

A:Windows 7 Update Error Code 80070005

Check : http://arnavsharma.net/3/post/2014/04/fixing-common-software-updates-errors.html
Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading
the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a5a7adc-f21d-499b-86c2-aeae687faed5/windows-7-update-error-code-80070005?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello!

After downloading Windows 10 several (several) times, I continue to run into the same error code.  I have tried everything I've read: clean boots, removing $Windows.~BT & $Windows.~WS, Playing with /Windows/SoftwareDistribution, etc..  If it's on the web under 80070005, I've tried it.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

A:Windows 10 Install Error Code: 80070005

Hi,
There are a number of known installation problems for Win10 upgraders that don't correspond to publicly listed error codes. 
It would be helpful if we knew the Make/Model of the computer you have the failed WinX attempt on, as well as the Build year if you know that too.

The main issue is what version of Windows did you attempt to upgrade FROM?  Your post didn't say.  Since we are missing this information, we will need it to further diagnose your problem.  In the meantime, if your computer came with Win7/8/8.1 pre-loaded on it, you shouldn't have that problem, and most likely you'll simply need to download the FREE ISO file for WinX directly from Microsoft's website and install from there via cd/dvd or usb media. 

If your computer hardware was built prior to 2006, and it's an XP-era computer that was upgraded to Win7/8/8.1 you'll never be able to get the Win10 upgrade.  That's one of the reasons I'm asking you these questions.

Generally speaking, Microsoft has publicly stated in many online sources this week that if your hardware is capable of running Win7 SP1 or Win8.1, both the downloadeable upgrade to WinX and the clean install ISO file are guaranteed to work. 

If your computer was built in 2006 or after, the chances are good that you can solve your problems by doing a manual clean install with the ISO file downloaded media as described above.  If you have a modern computer, and that's defined as built in 2009 or after (Win7 released in 2009), you have a much better chance of it all working. 

Older computers also tend to have at least one of the following: (1) Windows registry corruption; (2) severe Malware-virus infection, and (3) failing or failed hard drive.  Any one or all 3 of these can cause your online upgrade attempt to fail.  Attempting to fix these yourself is a good idea before trying the upgrade again.  PLEASE ENSURE YOU BACKUP ANY AND ALL PERSONAL DATA FROM THAT COMPUTER TO EXTERNAL MEDIA PRIOR TO RE-ATTEMPTING THESE PROCEDURES OR RE-ATTEMPTING WINX UPGRADE AGAIN!!

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586248/windows-10-install-error-code-80070005/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

I have been trying to get Windows Live Messenger to work on my Vista 32bit Ultimate for a whole year now with no luck. I have tried almost all of the suggestions i found on the internet but none seem to work for me.

Is there a new fix for this problem? I can't believe that Micro$oft is killing their new OS more by not fixing these stupid mistakes and glitches

If anyone heard of this issue or have an answer, please let me know so i can fix this, even if it is a year old problem ..

Appreciate it, thanks

Relevancy 78.26%

I have Windows vista home premium, system32, and these are two problems that keep occuring for the last few months.
1. When computer starts up, a screen pops up that says: error loading C:\users\laurie\appdata\local\temp\byvwwu.dll The specified module could not be found.
How do I get rid of this message/fix problem?

2.Windows security update KB2483185 is ready to install; when I try to install, it fails, and error code 80070005 comes up. I have read some solutions and making sure I had permission to install did not work. Also, downloading a clean/scan program (RegCure) does not work; It scans and then says it can not fix my files without registering their program fully/paid subscription. There has to be a way to fix this without paying. It seems to be a large problem and companies are getting rich from it!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-problems-code-80070005-error-loading.988012/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am having an issue installing Windows Updates WU all have Error Code Nine updates installed after several tries but there are about updates waiting to be downloaded and installed I ran the SURT but it kept spinning all day so I canceled it Tried running it again but it wouldn't let me run it again I ran the SFC Scan and have the SFC detail log attached Appears a lot of files were repaired and some could not be repaired The files that couldn't be repaired are mostly sample MS music pictures etc Stuff I am not interested in Maybe one of my cleaners deleted same as a useless unused file or maybe a virus corrupted some files I didn't see anything in the Code: Updates Error 80070005 won't install, Windows SFC detail log pertaining to WU The CBS compressed zip log is MB which is over the MB upload limit so couldn't upload it On June MSSE picked up a Rogue JS FakeCall D Windows Updates won't install, Error Code: 80070005 labeled Severe It was quarantined by MSSE I deleted it Malwarebytes this past week picked Windows Updates won't install, Error Code: 80070005 up and quarantined a few rootkits labeled as severe or a threat I deleted those Not sure if these items affected WU or not Would the Windows Update - Reset tutorial would work to fix my WU issue here Seems like a uncomplicated fix So any help here would be appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Updates won't install, Error Code: 80070005

Hi Vista32,
Thats not good reading.
Most system security experts would advise a complete RE-install of any OS compromised by a Rootkit, but you, from your own admission, have had few.
Iam NOT a security expert but in this case I WOULD, if you can identify them, look them up at BleepingComputers they have an excellent catalogue of Rootkits and there impact/removal.
Just removing them does NOT allways guarentee a clean system.

Having said that SFC has done a pretty good job of repairing some of whats been infected/changed, but it is advised to run it 3x.
From what i can see there are certainly still some errors, in Windows media player, and there are likely to be others
SURT can take >>hours<< to run especially on a previously infected system, as it also makes repairs as it goes along

You can run the troublshooter, if you want.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397870-windows-updates-wont-install-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

doing the same song and dance from the last time i had this problem with a pair of patches a few months ago, just with a different update this time around. here's the last thread, pretty much all of it applies to my situation now except with windows update KB3033890: 10 recent Windows Updates giving "unknown error" 80070005

this time around the updater doesn't throw my laptop into a restart loop, instead "only" getting stuck at 35% when configuring updates, then reverting the changes, making my startup time a few minutes longer than usual.

as usual subinacl.exe didn't do anything to bypass this problem. for now i'm just going to hide this update.

update information: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3033890

A:Error code 80070005 trying to install KB3033890 (WMP patch)

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372508-error-code-80070005-trying-install-kb3033890-wmp-patch.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I am having the same issues with the Windows upgrade as TheDude has previously reported In fact last I checked the upgrade had made unsuccessful attempts to upgrade I was thinking - and am a non-technically inclined senior citizen - 10 results code error in of Windows Installation 80070005 that when I logon to my system I logon on using an outlook com address Could it be that my system is waiting for me to log on to a local account or something I tried the creation tool clicked run and poof nothing I even created a USB flash drive with the upgrade on it using our laptop computer But after the install began I was asked for the product key wouldn't you know that the product key ended in AEOEM or some such characters but the upgrade told me it wasn't a valid product key So I contacted Dell so much for paid support worthless as teets on a boar hog They referred me to Microsoft who after keeping me on hold for some time had me run MSCONFIG go to the services tab Installation of Windows 10 results in error code 80070005 check hide all Microsoft services and then hit apply Only problem The MSCONFIG window said not responding The Microsoft tech said for she'd be happy to elevate my tech support for one item for days I said no thanks that was too much when they couldn't even guarantee that whatever they might do would correct the issue Besides it seems there are many folks encountering the same issues I am with the upgrade so this can't be just my computer Equipment Dell XPS i processor Gb Installation of Windows 10 results in error code 80070005 RAM Gb SSD

A:Installation of Windows 10 results in error code 80070005

Hi ubtchanova Let's see if we can get the upgrade to install on your system. Follow the instructions below please.System File Checker (SFC)Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below and press on Enter;sfc /scannowNote: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Entercopy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't contains the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585205/installation-of-windows-10-results-in-error-code-80070005/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated!
Steve

A:"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005

Same problem here. Tired of wasting hours downloading over and over again and getting the same error. None of the suggestions I have found and tried work. No wonder they are giving it away free. To frustrate the heck out of everyone. I find it hard to believe in all the testing, they had no occurrences of this and have not come up with a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/9732-windows-10-couldnt-installed-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright, so i try to update my Vista and such, but this is the error code i get. I have Avast running, and it has NEVER interfered with with my updating. any help?

BTW The Vista FAQ thing for this gave me NO help at all x.x

A:Code 80070005

Originally Posted by Israfel

Alright, so i try to update my Vista and such, but this is the error code i get. I have Avast running, and it has NEVER interfered with with my updating. any help?

Even if you didn't have any issue with Avast untill now that is not equivalent you don't have with it issue now.Remember sucurity software update your own data base about viruses -even more from time to time it also change own drivers.During updating any security software something wrong may happen.

Of course it may going on about really issue with permissions as well.In net there is fix to reset permissions with using subinacl but it is inappriopriate for Vista/Windows 7 and doing this it would really permissions violation in the system! - oryginal permissions shouldn't be changed.But there is way to diagnose issue with permissions and easy fix anly in particular places where really need.

Run Process Monitor Process Monitor

open Windows Update and try to install something -when WU return error save log in PM in *.PML format (File>>Save as).Pack PM log any tool and upload on RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258298-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone I'm new here but really hoping that someone can help me because I'm at my wit's end with this My problem is that I cannot get Will Framework 7 on Win not code Install 4.0 .NET 64(error 643) the NET framework to install for anything On Friday night I began installing Sharepoint Server Below are the following related products I had installed at the time - SQL Server Express - SQL Server Developer - Visual Studio beta - Visual Studio RC - NET Framework All installed through I had a lot of problems getting Sharepoint to install since I'm on Windows .NET Framework 4.0 Will not Install on Win 7 64(error code 643) I ended up having to download the EasyScript on MSDN which appeared to finally work by installing all the prerequisite files that were needed However it .NET Framework 4.0 Will not Install on Win 7 64(error code 643) installed Visual Studio Trial on my machine which then prompted SQL Server to ask for the Visual Studio SP before it would run Thus begins all the frustrations that have .NET Framework 4.0 Will not Install on Win 7 64(error code 643) haunted me this entire weekend I cannot get VS or SP to install for anything It is giving me an error every time error code - NET I have tried everything I can think of at this point This is what I have tried - All Windows Updates Visual Studio SP keeps failing - Uninstalled all NET Framework files ran NET Framework Cleanup tool - Ran Microsoft 'FixIt' tool for MSI files - Uninstalled all Visual Studio versions - Tried installing standalone NET files - Tried reinstalling Visual Studio Here's a screenshot of the failed install on VS I also ran the collect exe tool to gather the error log files but am not sure what needs to be posted as the error log files are VERY long Here is a snapshot of one of them I have many as I've been trying to get this installed all weekend OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine C ea fda fa b adae c d f c Setup exe q norestart KeepAUPaused ChainingPackage quot Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate - ENU quot CEIPconsent pipe SectionName x x TimeZone Eastern Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items Exe C ea fda fa b adae c d f c SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C ea fda fa b adae c d f c Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - null Exe C ea fda fa b adae c d f c SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI C ea fda fa b adae c d f c netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time Thanks for any help that you can offer

A:.NET Framework 4.0 Will not Install on Win 7 64(error code 643)

Hi Codemastr,

My name is Rajeev and i work for Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I see you can not update .Net framework 4.0 on windows7 64bit,

Kindly run a FixIt mentioned in the link given below

Error codes

Regards
Rajeev
Dell Social Media Outreach

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234348-net-framework-4-0-will-not-install-win-7-64-error-code-643-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

also known as NET Framework update installation error quot x quot or quot x quot I've googled and tried 643 installation Code :Error 4.0 Framework everything I've came across and still 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 no luck with installing 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 Framework this only started happening once I used a tool to change my Windows 4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643 install from professional to home i installed the wrong version and my key didn't work so i used a tool to downgrade my account so i could activate windows the tool i used was called quot Windows Downgrader quot and when the problem started happening no longer able to run daemon tools I'm unable to run System Info - See Your System Specs as that also requires the framework i can't install I've disabled and even uninstalled my Norton antivirus I've run the Microsoft Fixit I've run the NetFxRepair Tool I've run the dotnetfx cleanup tool and re-installed versions SP and won't install and throws an error saying to install help Code OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine E a e c e f be Setup exe x x TimeZone GMT Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items Exe E a e c e f be SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe E a e c e f be Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - null Exe E a e c e f be SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI E a e c e f be netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time

A:4.0 Framework installation :Error Code 643

Famework.NET repair tool fixed the issue, had to click next instead of finish.. and it repaired my 4.6 version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395561-4-0-framework-installation-error-code-643-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,
Recently I have downloaded a few things that require the .NET framework 3.5. When I go to download/ install this, it moves realy fast, then stops and says: "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes" with the error code '0x800F081F'. I have been trying to do this for weeks now, and keep getting this error. When I go online for help, I cannot find anything on this. Anyone have any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Some things to note:
I downloaded Windows 8 (Pro, 64)
Earlier in the summer, my computer had a problem and I had to refresh it.

A:.NET framework not installing (Error code 0x800F081F)

From Windows Update Error search..

Windows Update error 0x800F081F - Microsoft Windows Help

Worth a try

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30476-net-framework-not-installing-error-code-0x800f081f.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have tried so many things to install net framework in my windows laptop I have tried urgent code 2 3.5 . framework Need help.... Error installation. .net youtube i have tried win forum No luck I have uninstalled net framework and from my computer and tried installing from program and feature Then i tried to install from cmd So my win dvd is in e drive So i executed the following code DISM Online Enable-Feature FeatureName NetFx All LimitAccess Source E sources sxs I get the following error code Error The system cannot find the file specified So i went to my dvd drive and .net framework 3.5 installation. Error code 2 . Need urgent help.... copied the sxs folder to my D drive and run the following code DISM Online Enable-Feature FeatureName NetFx All .net framework 3.5 installation. Error code 2 . Need urgent help.... LimitAccess Source d sxs But i get the same error Error The system cannot find the file specified I almost tried everything Can anyone help I don't want to install a fresh windows That will be too much of hassle But at the same time i need the net framework for my older programs Why microsoft did not come with a easy solution This is so frustrating Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69657-net-framework-3-5-installation-error-code-2-need-urgent-help.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Screenshot by Lightshot
I've had this ever since I re-installed my operating system. I don't want to re-install the operating system but I don't know why this happened. I click "Tell me how to solve this problem" and it doesn't even display my error code. Please help.

This also prevents me from being able to use a lot of different programs that require framework like League Of Legends and Photoshop.

A:Cant install .NET framework, Error code: 0x80070246

what version of net

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/62971-cant-install-net-framework-error-code-0x80070246.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I upgraded from win to win through online microsoft store so don't have original win DVD When I try to play a particular game a window pops up telling me I need to install net framework I go ahead with it and it downloads to trying error while Framework 3.5 code install 0x800f0922 .net the files then while installing it gets near the end when it stops and comes up with the error code x f I went into 'Turn on and off Windows features' and it is listed there but unticked when I tick it it starts to install then stops with the same message I've tried scanhealth and restorehealth on cmd but nothing I downloaded net framework from microsoft but with the same error I even tried putting my win disc in and doing DISM Online Enable-Feature FeatureName NetFx All LimitAccess Source f sources sxs nbsp I changed the directory to my the correct DVD drive It failed at nbsp In my SkyDrive is the DISM log for it I also tried the framework clean up tool but that didn't error code 0x800f0922 while trying to install .net Framework 3.5 work either https skydrive live com redir resid B DD D E amp authkey ADbUcCRibles Mo amp ithint folder c log Please help I really have no idea what to do anymore Thank you

A:error code 0x800f0922 while trying to install .net Framework 3.5

Hi,

For the issue, let us try rebuilding performance counters to check the result.

Press Win+x, and click Command Prompt(admin)

Type "CD c:\windows\system32",and Enter.

Type "LODCTR /R", and Enter.

Note: This let you rebuild the perf registry strings and info from scratch based on the current registry settings and backup INI files.

Keep post.

Regards,Kelvin hsu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10e43070-6c41-4beb-a5a3-c6d7aec8ed30/error-code-0x800f0922-while-trying-to-install-net-framework-35?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

error code: 80075070
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2972211)
Download size: 12.8 MB

cbs.zip is 35mb max upload limit is 8mb

this is a laptop i have been removing addware on for a freind
it now seems to be working fine other than this one update

thanks

A:.NET Framework 3.5.1 failed to update error code: 80075070

Ok i deleted some of the files in the cbs folder to make it smaller and uploaded it
hopefully someone can reply now so i can get this laptop back to them

edit
nevermind
downloading the update from the microsoft website rather than relying on windows update seems to have fixed it

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345688-net-framework-3-5-1-failed-update-error-code-80075070-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi
I've been having problems for the past month with .dll files claiming to be missing and it's completely messed up my system, I'm unable to use any function of windows media viewer/player, almost no games on steam work anymore either.

I looked around for ages and tried as much as I could and not a single thing worked, then a few weeks ago I stumbled across my windows update history and found out these updates have continuously failed (Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64).

I've seen a very similar post made by nimanouri here about 3 months ago but I'm not entirely sure if my issues are the same, I've run the sfc /scannow and received the message "Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

I've attached the CBS log file
Thx for any help people can give

A:Windows update error code 2 for Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5,4.5.1...

Here's the error list from the SFC scan...

Code:
Line 81478: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 00000546 [SR] Repairing 17 (0x0000000000000011) components
Line 81479: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 00000547 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 81480: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 00000548 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:56{28}]"sRGB Color Space Profile.icm" of Microsoft-Windows-ICM-Profiles, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81481: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 00000549 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"RSWOP.icm" of Microsoft-Windows-ICM-Profiles, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81482: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 0000054a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"wscRGB.cdmp" of Microsoft-Windows-ICM-Profiles, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81483: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 0000054b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:26{13}]"Proofing.gmmp" of Microsoft-Windows-ICM-Profiles, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81484: 2015-06-19 22:00:22, Info CSI 0000054c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:46{23}]"PortableDeviceTypes.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WPD-PortableDeviceAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81485: 2015-06-19 22:00:23, Info CSI 0000054d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30{15}]"DxpTaskSync.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-DXPTasks-Sync, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81486: 2015-06-19 22:00:23, Info CSI 0000054e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"f3ahvoas.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-International-Keyboard-Japanese_Fujitsu_thumb-shift_keyboard, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81487: 2015-06-19 22:00:23, Info CSI 0000054f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"mscms.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-ICM-Base, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 81488: 2015-06-19 22:00:23, Info CSI 00000550 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"icm32.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-ICM-Base, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373324-windows-update-error-code-2-microsoft-net-framework-4-5-4-5-1-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am having repeated problems updating three Net Framework 4 security updates the last month or so. I have followed the four steps in the 'Windows Update Posting Instructions' thread and I have attached the results.

Hopefully someone can help.

A:Windows Update - Code 643 Error with Net Framework 4 Updates (x64)

I solved this myself downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) again. When installing there was a repair option, thenceforth the updates worked fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297867-windows-update-code-643-error-net-framework-4-updates-x64.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have trouble with installing net framework for my OS Windows home premium bit each time I run the installer it states a fatal error has occured and the installation has been terminated ofcourse that would get you to google the error code and try those solutions to no avail Every solution the windows page around the subject did not work to improve anything and this issue is driving me insane I need the framework to run some programs I wanted to use for some video games I own this is what the installer gave me as log OS Version SP Platform Service Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack MSI Windows version error framework code .Net (0x80070643) 4.5.2 install unable to amd windowsfoundation bf ad e none fdfe a c manifest Windows servicing CommandLine C fa unable to install .Net framework 4.5.2 error code (0x80070643) f dccd ed ab e Setup exe x x web TimeZone West-Europa zomertijd Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy unable to install .Net framework 4.5.2 error code (0x80070643) Disabled Number of applicable items Exe C fa f dccd ed ab e SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C fa f dccd ed ab e SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI C fa f dccd ed ab e netfx Full GDR x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Full GDR x msi unable to install .Net framework 4.5.2 error code (0x80070643) txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Onherstelbare fout bij installatie quot Elapsed time I also manged to locate this log but I cant make sense out of it Every bit of advice would help

A:unable to install .Net framework 4.5.2 error code (0x80070643)

Hello and welcome Zeimaster there is a link from another tutorial you can try - Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer) for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 from Official Microsoft Down if you haven't tried it already.

Some of us have to have this to read BSOD dumps and I have installed this on five machines without a hitch..

Let us know how you go

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/377733-unable-install-net-framework-4-5-2-error-code-0x80070643.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i am trying to install another software package and it requires .net  3.5 and sends me to Microsoft download to install this.  it runs for a while and says it cannot install   and gives the error-code 0x800f081f

intet nuv  with i5     8 gb     and 240 gb storage 

any ideas

Thanks
Richard

A:will not install .net framework 3.5 on windows 8.1 error code 0x800f081f

i posted this in vista by accident,     the search i did brought up responses in vista and i didn't switch back to windows 8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570307/will-not-install-net-framework-35-on-windows-81-error-code-0x800f081f/
Relevancy 64.5%

"an error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer."

Most recent check for updates: never
updates were installed: never

I am trying to update my windows 7 to sp1 but I could not find a solution for error 80070005, help would be greatly appreciated!

A:windows could not search for new updates, Code 80070005

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357683-windows-could-not-search-new-updates-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok, I've read alot of people are having this problem, unable to use Windows Update. Running Dell XPS M1330 on Vista Home Premium. Over the last couple weeks, this has happened and unable to get any updates. Tried re-naming Software Distribution and nothing. Got rid of Spybot and worked for one day. Then restored to 8/12, my last successful updates and worked for one day. Still the same problem. Anyone else have any ideas?

jkk4

A:Windows Update Problem Code 80070005?

1. Disable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
e. Type services.msc and press ok
f. Right click on "Windows Update"
g. Click on stop (Windows Update is now disabled)
2. Rename Software Distribution folder
a. Navigate to: C:/Windows/
b. Find the folder named: ?SoftwareDistribution?
c. Rename that folder to something like ?SoftwareDistribution.old?
d. Create a new folder called ?SoftwareDistribution?
3. Enable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
f. Right click on windows update
g. Click on start
If you are unable to find Software Distribution Folder, follow these steps before #2 above.
1. From the explorer window press the Alt key to view the file menu.
2. Click Tools
3. Select Folder Options
4. Select the View tab
5. Select ?Show hidden files and folders?
6. Remove the selection from ?Hide protected operating system files?
7. Click OK

Pasted from here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities...febe40ede9&p=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-problem-code-80070005-a-289295.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello!
Running windows 7 64 bit, amd 965 cpu. If you need more info about specs, ask me. I am encountering "Error code 2203" while installing. It fails to install and I've tried running as admin, windows xp compatibility, and everything. In the event viewer there is also KERNELBASE.dll, xamlparse, and mscorlib errors.

I do not know how to fix this and I'm fairly competent with computers.

Thank you.

A:"Error code 2203" while installing .net framework and other installation issues

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
 List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.  Do not copy/paste data from the report.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494625/error-code-2203-while-installing-net-framework-and-other-installation-issues/
Relevancy 64.5%

hi, i am having an issue with updating the .Net Framework 4.5 from Windows Update. It gets an error code "Code 66A". So i decided to use the Setup file to repair or remove it from my computer and then reinstall again but then there are errors too. "fatel error during installation". ive installed SURT and also did the sfc scan but was still unable to update. The update file number is KB2833957. I've attached all the logs and files i think that can help.

A:Unable to Update/Repair/Remove .Net Framework 4.5 Error Code 66A

The CBS.log is incomplete - please reboot, and post a new copy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/298951-unable-update-repair-remove-net-framework-4-5-error-code-66a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Been receiving the Blue Screen of death recently when playing Warcraft III. I'll try test this further with other games and programs when I get a chance.

The error code is 0x000008E.

Looking it up I saw some varied results. Some people point to memory, windows points to graphic interface (which makes sense to me since it has only happened when playing a video game so far). Of course their only solution is updating the service pack, and mine is fully updated, with automatic updates turned on.

My computer is more than well equipped to run the game. It runs Fallout 3 just fine (save when my card starts to overheat). But when looking at my temps while playing WC3 they never come close to reaching the dangerous levels that cause my entire system to crash.

A:Error Code, Possibly Game Related

This problem mainly occurs due to a code problem in graphics device interface. This issue can be resolved by getting the latest service pack for Windows XP. Please follow the microsoft kb article id: 330187 for complete troubleshooting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-code-possibly-game-related-366184.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all A couple of days ago my laptop started randomly BSODing every so often sometimes as close as minutes apart but sometimes it stays on for a error code - BSOD, iastor.sys d1 related Random few hours This happens while playing games browsing websites or even when just leaving the computer alone I really can't see a pattern I've tried a few different things to resolve the issue myself - updating drivers to the most recent version When upgrading the iastor sys driver with the latest version they error message changes slightly but BSOD remains and frequency seems to increase - run anti-rootkit scanner TDSSkiller - gt negative - chkdsk sfc scannow system test that comes with alienware prior to booting into windows they all run without issues Finally I've reset the laptop to the factory image from the restore partition Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue and I'm out of ideas I hope someone can help shed some light on the issue or give me some idea on what to try next to resolve the issue I would be most grateful SFC Random BSOD, iastor.sys related - error code d1 package attached with most recent eight dumps between wiping the drive and posting here

A:Random BSOD, iastor.sys related - error code d1

All the dumps indicating to Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {38, 2, 0, fffff88001713ca8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+5bca8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Turn off RAID in BIOS. Get rid of intel rapid storage.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266826-random-bsod-iastor-sys-related-error-code-d1.html
Relevancy 62.78%

The BSOD comes during boot so is not easily chased down HDD passes SpinRite certified drive as error-free after level diagnostic was allowed to run on all partitions No viruses were code related) 0x24 BSOD: Error scopes NTFS.SYS as (which found anywhere by any scanner I've thrown at the system A half-dozen false-positives easily detected as such were caught on the Linux partition Unable to boot to Windows at all Not Safe Mode not even Recovery Console All produce the reported BSOD The problem might BSOD: Error code 0x24 (which scopes as NTFS.SYS related) go away if I can run CHKDSK R F V yes I use V frequently but see third point of bullet list can't get to a command prompt Is there any way to run CHKDSK if you cannot get a WinRE session running If there isn't I am totally stuck Don't currently have the bits of hardware needed to dismount the HDD of this laptop and troubleshoot it using another machine and due to a hacker not enough money to even consider attempting to acquire said bits of hardware at the present

A:BSOD: Error code 0x24 (which scopes as NTFS.SYS related)

In general, it is either the memory or the HDD. Some other chances may also remain there, but difficult to say without checking a crash dump.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the result. A camera snap of the memtest86+ screen before closing the program will be good.

Also test the HDD using Seatools for DOS. Take both the short test and the long test. Let us know the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376148-bsod-error-code-0x24-scopes-ntfs-sys-related.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am trying to update system and it just says Code 80070005. Never been up dated. How do I fix this problem? I had to change out my hard drive and now I lost my windows 10 operating system. I have a windows 7 pro
disk so I installed it and it keeps saying I might be a victim of pirated software.How can I get my windows 10 back? It was register with Microsoft to this hardware. the only thing I changed was hard drives Am I going to have to buy a new operating system
? I am getting ready to start school I can't afford to buy new Operating System, Please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ed9df09-6126-442a-81c2-e06520d7ffb7/what-is-code-code-80070005-in-windows-update-windows-7-pro?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 58.48%

Error(s) found:
"Code 80070663 windows updater encountered an known error" when I
tried to update microsoft .net framework 3.5 family update (kb959209) x86 for windows vista 32 bit.

What should I do? I have tried to install this update many times but still getting same error. Thanks in advance for help.

Bela

A:error code 80070663 when I tried to update microsoft .net framework 3.5 family update

bela2020:

You didn't say, so I'll ask, have you done the net3.5 Service Pack 1 update?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241823-error-code-80070663-when-i-tried-update-microsoft-net-framework-3-5-family-update.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys I wanna update my net framework with an offline installer but this error always shows up I tried finding some fix but not even a single one worked So I was hoping that maybe you could help me with this Here's the log file OS Version SP Platform OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition MSI Windows version x windowsfoundation bf ad e none f ed c manifest Windows servicing CommandLine C e eb c bb ce da c f Setup exe x x Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Number of applicable items Exe C e eb c bb ce da c f SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe C e eb c bb ce da c f SetupUtility code: Framework (0x80070643)" .NET failed "Installation 4.5 with error exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI C e eb c bb ce da c f netfx Full x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Full x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time But before anything else I think there's something fishy about my regedit 'cause some other guys say that I should Check if following registry keys have correct values MsiExecCA should end with Windows syswow msiexec exe MsiExecCA should end with Windows system msiexec exe But I cant find them here

A:.NET Framework 4.5 "Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643)"

From your post.

Quote:
OS Version = 6.1.7600, SP = 0.0, Platform 2

You need to use Windows 7 Update and install SP-1 first. SP-1 should read 6.1.7601.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/367055-net-framework-4-5-installation-failed-error-code-0x80070643.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Here's a screen shot from one of my XP computers showing the add/remove programs list.

What's the deal with all these .Net Framework updates like CRT, CA, CLR, PreXP and all the WCS, WPF, WF_32, XPS and others?

A:Solved: .Net Framework related updates

My guess is they are all packaged in the .NET framwork updates that Microsoft releases with automatic update because my computer shows them all listed as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-net-framework-related-updates.820381/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Members!Please refer to the attached Pictorial description, & help resolve the evident Conflict.Your cooperation will be sincerely appreciated.Thanks.

A:Help resolve this .NET Framework related conflict.

Dot net 2.0 and 4.62 are 2 different things....you need Dot net 2.0

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157707.0.html
Relevancy 57.19%

when my computor checks for updates, the error 80070005 comes up. my computor is also running slower than usual. i have been on countless websites and forums trying to find the solution but none have worked so far :( im not all htat good at computors and would really appreciate a helping hand :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-80070005-a-321871.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows (7 Ultimate) could not search for new update Error found Code 80070005
Pz help

A:Error 80070005 in W7

Hello nrimawi

See if resetting windows updates works Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/247021-error-80070005-w7.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been trying to download a windows update (Hp-Display-Hpw2007 Wide LCD Monitor) for some time and all I Get is a 80070005 error. I Use Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Any words of advise would be greatly appreciated.
Dale1

A:80070005 error

First try disabling virus scan. If that does not solve the problem then try the following.
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.
4. Click the "Start" Button, in the "Start Search" bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo =========================
@Echo Finished.
@pause

6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose "Save" when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose "Desktop" from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.

NOTE: It may take several minutes, please be patient. When it is finished, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".
Note: About some driver update installation procedure, we also received this error code, please reroute this kind of case to Vista System Team, because, it may regard for third party programs structure.
Good luck!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/250952-80070005-error.html
Relevancy 57.19%

after receiving many 80240020 error i insert in " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade " the key
Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with Name = "AllowOSUpgrade” (without the quotes), and set the Value = 0x00000001.
(I read this at  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-update-installation-failure-80240020/d695e827-9774-4e10-8972-df8d51a7bb51?auth=1)
so i see the possiblity to upgrade in windows update but I only change type of error as you can see in topic

tnx for any help provide

A:error 80070005

Ah, you might want to check an existing thread here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584845/windows-10-install-error-code-80070005/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585855/error-80070005/
Relevancy 57.19%

A month ago some of the Office updates didn't update after trying repeatedly and then I changed the settings to ignore the updates And a week ago Microsoft Security Essentials started acting weirdly MSE would scan download and then show -installing- and then it says network error I ignored all these problems and then tried installing the Deep Fritz Chess software which is a setup msi file and it would install and the icon would appear on the desktop and then it stops at error 80070005 a point and later it show error message and it would simply roll back the installation Today I updated Windows it worked fine It has to be a problem with msi files installation It has to be a problem with msi files installation It has to be a problem error 80070005 with msi files installation It has to be a problem with msi files installation Please let me know what kind error 80070005 of reports you need to understand what is wrong How do I know that it is error I know this because MSE error 80070005 used to display this error Now I'm using AVG instead of MSE I tried search engines and found some work around but it's confusing and couldn't get through Even this file shows the same error MicrosoftFixit ProgramInstallUninstall Run code x Cannot complete the MSE installation An error has prevented the Security Essentials setup wizard from completing successfully Please restart your computer and try again Get help on this issue Error code x Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on -Jun- Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal

A:error 80070005

This is what a user from microsoft suggested but, it didn't work!!!

Quote:
Error: 0x80070005 when you try to install updates using Microsoft Update or Windows Update
Error: 0x80070005 when you try to install updates using Microsoft Update or Windows Update

Method 1: Log in as an administrator
Some updates require administrative permissions to be installed, logging in as an administrator may help resolve the issue.

To log on as an administrator, you need to have a user account on the computer with administrator permissions. To do this, click the link below to view the article on the Microsoft website and follow the steps for your scenario:
How do I log on as an administrator?
Once you are logged on as an administrator, attempt to install updates again.

If logging on as the administrator does not resolve this issue, go to to method 2.

Method 2: Scan for malware
This error can also be caused if you have a malware infection. Open your anti-virus software and run a scan to detect and remove any detected malware. If you don't have an anti-virus program on your computer you can use the Microsoft Safety Scanner. To download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner, follow these steps:
Go to the Microsoft Safety Scanner site at: Microsoft Safety Scanner
Click Download Now.
If prompted, click Run. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When prompted, add a shortcut to the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your desktop.
From your desktop, double click the Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. When the Microsoft Safety Scanner program launches, click Scan Type, then click Full Scan, then click Next.
After the scan is complete, remove all detected malware entries , and try to install Windows Updates again.

I'm using the only Administrator account. And, the Microsoft Safety Scanner didn't run at all.
It says... An error ocurred. Please visit help page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/234914-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have to install an application for a job and when I run it, .NET Framework 3.0 is installed first , but it fails giving a 1603 error.

I tried changing the Permissions from this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Security\ServiceModel 3.0.0.0 to allow Everyone.

I made sure no firewall or other registry program was running.

I also downloaded an application called Error Fixer, or MS-Fixer or something like that, which I read about on these fora, but that didn't work either. It only prompted me to buy if I wanted it to do something.

I also tried to open the exe file using 7-Zip, so I could manually install .NET Framework 3.5 (already installed) and the actual program I want. But that didn't work either.

I don't know what else to do, since the problem is the version of Framework that comes with my application.

Any help? I have Vista Home Edition 32.

A:Error 1603: Error Installing .NET Framework 3.0 (Framework is part of another app)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1603-error-installing-net-framework-3-0-framework-is-part-of-another-app.791631/
Relevancy 56.76%

i was goggling these problem and i was direct to one topic here within the forums specifically this one http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html while reading the person had this error but with Google i am having the same error but is related nothing Error all fixes the but try 80070005 to a program that i want to Error 80070005 try all the fixes but nothing use but XP is blocked it probably a malware edit my security policy or a virus i have try everything but without success so i decide to try here because while reading the previous topic i saw on that person logs the same program i am trying to run These are my files being blocked C ElsaWin bin LcSvrAdm exe C ElsaWin bin LcSvrDba exe C ElsaWin bin LcSvrHis exe C ElsaWin bin LcSvrKdS exe C ElsaWin bin LcSvrPas exe i am willing to donate if someone can help me fix this issue i am pretty sure some can as this forum seems to be full of very knowledgeable members

A:Error 80070005 try all the fixes but nothing

Welcome aboard i am having the same error 80070005 but is related to a program that i want to useWhat program would that be?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409276/error-80070005-try-all-the-fixes-but-nothing/
Relevancy 56.76%

When I try to run windows update I get error 80070005 I have been searching the internet for solutions and can't find any. Anyone have any solutions!!!!

A:Update error 80070005

Hi, here is the link to the fix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120413/windows-update-error-80070005/If you still have problems please post again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195708/update-error-80070005/
Relevancy 56.76%

If anyone knows how to solve this error PLEASE help. I have tried many different solutions from forums I've read online. None have fixed this issue.
First I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently had a list of all installed updates, then I installed Vista SP1 and it installed correctly. Then after rebooting on the windows update screen it says no updates are installed on this computer.
Also I click check for updates and get the error 80057005.
As I said I have tried many solutions and none have worked.
What can I do to resolve this problem. I would like to install Vista SP2 so I can eventually install IE9. Right now I'm running IE7.
If anyone know howto solve this error please let me know.
Thank you.

A:Windows Error 80070005

Follow the suggestions in this thread and see if it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-error-80070005.1017051/
Relevancy 56.76%

My windows can not search for updates and I get error 80070005. I had a virus around the time of the last update and my brother's IT guy helped fix it and found the different things that I noticed the virus had hidden. I do not know if this had anything to do with it....I also tried to download a game app from EA and it will not download that either! PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-80070005-error.1069350/
Relevancy 56.76%

When win told me that I would not get an upgrade because I have error I found out that I have not had a successful upgrade for months It probably explains for 10 win 80070005 no me upgrade so Error why Norton keeps having me reboot my computer all the time and why I haven't been able to reset my Error 80070005 so no win 10 upgrade for me OS Can anyone help Error 80070005 so no win 10 upgrade for me me OS Name Microsoft Windows Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LIVINGROOMPC System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model - System Type x -based PC System SKU H U AA ABL Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date AMI SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State On PCR Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Canada Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name LivingroomPC Administrator Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space MB Page Error 80070005 so no win 10 upgrade for me File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

A:Error 80070005 so no win 10 upgrade for me

Is your user account setup as Administrator ??

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69908-error-80070005-so-no-win-10-upgrade-me.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Running 8.1 64bit on Lenovo all in one mfg date 12/19/12.  Keep getting download error 80050007. Media Creation tool doesn't open to use it.  Need help.  Thanks!

A:Error 80070005 when trying to download Win 10

Hi waltersgirl Follow the instructions below please.SoftwareDistribution - RenameFollow the instructions below to rename the folders in SoftwareDistribution.On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the commands below one at the time (press Enter to send it);net stop wuauservren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download DL.baknet start wuauservwuauclt.exe /updatenowThis will trigger the Windows 10 upgrade download via Windows Update. If it fails, upload the following files for me to review.C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.logC:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.logC:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587339/error-80070005-when-trying-to-download-win-10/
Relevancy 56.76%

Not a request for help just a statement of how I got around my windows - 80070005 Error was permissions. update problem My Windows Updates were failing It got to the point where it was taking half an hour Error was 80070005 - permissions. to install then uninstall them on re-boot The error was which is associated with permissions I read several postings suggesting running scripts to change registry permissions to Admin I decided not to do this as some who had done so said that where there are several logins on the PC the non-admin ones stop working after running such scripts In the end I spotted a suggestion to install my months of updates one at a time as the patches can interact and make it impossible to install them together So I installed then then or at a time of my updates These all installed successfully Having installed the last ones Service Pack appeared on the list and I installed that successfully It takes a bit of time installing them a few or at a time but I have an up to date Vista now Hopefully I ll see some improvements too Hope this helps someone

A:Error was 80070005 - permissions.

Find in C:\Windows file WindowsUpdate.log -if it's really you have trouble with permissions this file should describe exactly where are and you manually fix them.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/193398-error-80070005-permissions.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Guys,
When I try to update windows manually, I get the message: 'Error 80070005, windows could not search for new updates'. I have it set for automatic updates but the last time it updated was last November. I am running Vista 64 bit for my sins. At the moment I am still using the default firewall from Microsoft and Free AVG. I have tried the Microsoft site for help but it is too techy for me, so, If anyone can help please use language that an old Englishman can understand.

Many thanks

gomo

Relevancy 56.76%

after updating to sp1 windows update send me about 85 new updates and when i installed these everything is ok but when the pc restart and its installing and configuring the updates the legend "error en as configuraciones de windows update: revirtiendo cambios"(sorry for the spanish im from mexico) and ai get the error 80070005...i did some of the things that microsoft site says

-i have administrator rights
-i have baidu antivirus
-i use the windows malware tool and its ok

please help me

A:error 80070005 in windows 7 sp1 x64

You will need to complete this turorial.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Then wait until our expert drops by to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376516-error-80070005-windows-7-sp1-x64.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys,

I'm trying to start up messenger, but it gives me the error code 80070005.
Did a little research, says it might be permission errors. I have made sure that I have full permission for my account. Still no luck.

I'm having similar issues with my zune account, it won't also won't log me in either.

Any ideas?

A:Messenger Error 80070005

I'm having the same problem as you... And I noticed you posted this 4 friggen weeks ago! And still no answer? Apparently that must mean there isn't anything you CAN do.. Unless you found the answer somewhere else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51238-messenger-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I click on The Print Shop and an Running 1.1 Problem Program A Related Possibly To Framework error message pops up The box says Fatal Execution Engine Error x e e I click OK and another box will pop up This one is Problem Running A Program Possibly Related To Framework 1.1 called tps exe Common Language Runtime Debugging Services and it states Application has generated an exception that could not be handled Problem Running A Program Possibly Related To Framework 1.1 Process id xba thread id xa Click OK to terminate the application Click CANCEL to debug application Naturally clicking OK ends it all Click CANCEL and a new box appears that is called tps exe No debugger found and it says Registered JIT debugger is not available An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of x Please check computer settings Cordbg exe a x Click on RETRY to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually Click CANCEL to abort the JIT debugger request If I click on RETRY the little timer comes on and the computer just sits there I end up having to log off to get it to stop The reason I think it has something to do with Framework is because when I try looking up the error codes it always mentions this program I tried deleting Framework and it wouldn t delete properly It was left half installed half uninstalled I don t know how to fix that Meanwhile the new Framework installed But that did not resolve the problem Can anyone help I ve read posts on this problem using a search engine and trying to wade through things at microsoft but nobody ever seems to provide a solution one post said to uninstall and reinstall framework which only made more of a mess as described above Another post somewhere out there said I have to delete everything and reinstall my entire XP program from scratch If anyone can help I would really appreciate this I have Windows XP on a Dell computer

A:Problem Running A Program Possibly Related To Framework 1.1

I would suggest completely removing the .NET Framework 1.1 from Control Panel (to include all hotfixes) and then reinstalling it.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest trying the .NET Framework v2.0 - it runs just fine on my system!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51973/problem-running-a-program-possibly-related-to-framework-11/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have the task of resolving a .NET Framework issue on a friends HP laptop running Windows XP. It seems that whenever the system starts up, an error message is displayed as follows:

hpqthb08.exe - .NET Framework initialization error. To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v1.1.4322

I have tried to run MS updates and they fail due to this issue and when I try to remove it from the laptop I get a query for a missing file: s867460.msp. I've tried to remove it in order to re-install it thinking that the file hpqthb08.exe is somehow corrupted. However all de-installation attempts fail seeking the location of this s867460.msp file. I cannot locate a download for this file and at the moment have no idea where to turn.

Any ideas?

- David

A:Solved: hpqthb08.exe .net framework initialization error .net framework: v1.1.14322

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hpqthb08-exe-net-framework-initialization-error-net-framework-v1-1-14322.906897/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I have never been able to get any Windows Updates, since I purchased my PC. I have tried two different anti-virus programs (currently on Virgin Media's) and have tried various 'fixes' I have found by googling the error code above.

Nothing has worked so far. It would be great if someone could help, as my PC continues to get more and more out of date.

Thanks
Michael

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
When I run WindowsUpdate, I get the following:

- upon opening the page, a yellow exclamation mark in a triangle box...asks me to check for updates
- it looks for updates for about 3 seconds then tells me I have Error Code 80070005.

I've tried Googling only leading me to forums without a definitive answer. I also tried a MS Knowledgebase article about DCOM permissions or something and also tried re-registering some dll's as well as stopping & restarting BITS and WUAUSERV.

According to the windowsupdate.log file, this started yesterday.

I also attached today's windowsupdate.log file. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Relevancy 55.9%

I fixed the missing Windows Modules Installer according to Flavius's instructions. Worked great with re-installing 'TrustedInstaller.exe' and everything is back to normal in the 'Services.msc' directory again.

However, now I am stuck with a '80070005' error code when trying to run Windows Updater.

I have already used Microsoft's 'Fix It' to reset Windows Update Components and to reset Security Settings to default settings. I have tried installing the 'subinacl.msi' and creating/running the 'reset.bat' file (apparantly this doesn't work on 64-bit systems). I even tried a Voodoo doll... Nothing works.

I also tried running 'sfc /scannow' and continue to get the 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service' error. I cannot do a Repair Install because I am using Vista Home Prem 64-bit SP2 and I do not have any Windows Install Disk.

Anybody got any suggestions?

A:80070424 Solved. Now got Error 80070005

This could be a Windows Defender error. You can try downloading the 64-bit def update from Microsoft and see if this helps.

How to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/247384-80070424-solved-now-got-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

Can anyone please help with the 80070005 error I keep getting when
Windows tries to upgrade from 8.1. I have the Windows 10 app on my pc and it tries to install but stops with this error.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Verity25

A:80070005 error upgrading to Windows 10

You could try installing Windows 10 using the Microsoft media creation tool. That's the path I used without any issues.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/80070005-error-upgrading-to-windows-10.218267/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a lot of these errors. Everything seem to work normally.
Curious to know what this means and above all, how to solve it (if necessary)

Thanks
=

Type : Error
Date : 02-12-2015
Time : 21:05:57
Event : 213
Source : Microsoft-Windows-StateRepository
Description:
Error 80070005: TileDataLayer.AppInfo.Windows::Internal::StateRepository::TileDataLayer::AppInfoFactoryServer::GetBy UserSecurityIdentifierAndApplicationUserModelId failed [ClientId=4420]

=

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/32375-event-213-error-80070005-tiledatalayer.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I've been installing Windows updates and have come across error on update KB After research Microsoft say it could be down to permissions I am the only user on this computer and am the admin they also suggest creating a bat script details here https social technet microsoft com error- which have not actually worked for me at all I have disabled my AV and tried to install it but no luck what so ever I believe it has downloaded to my computer just not able to install it I have recently used Encryption File System from Windows accidentally on the C Users directory which I have since decrypted Other updates have been installed while this has been encrypted no problem Although it's decrypted on 80070005 Error KB2975719 update etc I still am unable to get it to work Edit Just downloaded and installed the February updates and restarted with no problem what so ever it still seems that KB doesn't want to install though

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61419-error-80070005-update-kb2975719.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I cannot backup files. Windows Vista Error 80070005 keeps on coming.

A:Vista Backup error 80070005

Try the solution found on this thread : Windows Vista back up fails, error 0x80070005 - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-backup-error-80070005-a-655166.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I've been having a really difficult time getting IE to install I'm trying to install it to a virtual machine to test how well it works on our network but have been getting an error from IE error 80070005 Windows 11 Update windows update and IE 11 80070005 Windows Update error if I try and download the installer and run it manually I get quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot I've tried resetting permissions via the SubinACL program as detailed in these threads windows update error Windows update Error x - Need a fix Click here - Microsoft Community I've also tried Microsoft's own Fix-it tool for resetting the Windows update components but that actually came back saying it couldn't find any problems also run sfc scannow multiple times with no effect As a last ditch effort I did a fresh install of windows to the VM spent the whole day updating only to hit the same error when it gets to IE All other updates installed fine and I can install other programs fine as well it's literally just IE that refuses to install Currently running the System Update Readiness tool to see if that helps will update when it's finished Any help would be much appreciated UPDATE No dice still getting the error Attached is the CBS logs

A:IE 11 80070005 Windows Update error

Interesting CheckSUR error there....

Code:
Seconds executed: 752
No errors detected
(w) Unable to get system disk properties 0x0000045D IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY Disk Cache
There is no significant data in the CBS.log

Please [pst the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file, the full results of a SFC /SCANNOW, and the Application and System Events logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/314073-ie-11-80070005-windows-update-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using windows 8, 64 bit and have never been able to update.
I tried to use windows update and got this error:

There was a problem with windows update Error 80070005

I have searched the interwebs and found little help, most of the help is for 7 or Vista.

Please help if you know how, thanks.

A:There was a problem with windows update Error 80070005

Check out this article for assistance in resolving your problem:
Windows update error 80070005

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/21031-there-problem-windows-update-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since I bought my computer (Sept. 07), Windows Update worked fine, until a few days ago. Now, when I try to download the two files I desperately need (sound drivers so that the sound works and graphic card drivers so that my screen can return to its default resolution) I get two errors: Error 80070005 and 800F0203. Well?

Edit: Just if anyone asks, I deleted AVG Free/Norton and turned off Windows Firewall. There's no AV software (that I know of) that could interfere with Windows Update.

A:Windows Update Error 80070005 and 800F0203

Hi,
I hope al the 80070005 sufferrers are still reading this thread.
If disabling virus scan does not solve the problem then try the following.
The problem does have to do with corrupted permissions in the registry.
Here are the steps to follow:
In Scanning process, we can use Permission Reset Tool in TC.
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.
4. Click the "Start" Button, in the "Start Search" bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo Finished.
@pause

6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose "Save" when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose "Desktop" from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.

NOTE: It may take several minutes, please be patient. When it is finished, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".
Note: About some driver update installation procedure, we also received this error code, please reroute this kind of case to Vista System Team, because, it may regard for third party programs structure.
Good luck!!!
and if that does not work try this.
1. Disable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
f. Right click on "Windows Update"
g. Click on stop (Windows Update is now disabled)
2. Rename Software Distribution folder
a. Navigate to: C:/Windows/
b. Find the folder named: ?SoftwareDistribution?
c. Rename that folder to something like ?SoftwareDistribution.old?
d. Create a new folder called ?SoftwareDistribution?
3. Enable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
f. Right click on windows update
g. Click on start
If you are unable to find Software Distribution Folder, follow these
steps before #2 above.
1. From the explorer window press the Alt key to view the file menu.
2. Click Tools
3. Select Folder Options
4. Select the View tab
5. Select ?Show hidden files and folders?
6. Remove the selection from ?Hide protected operating system files?
7. Click OK

Restart your PC and you should be good to go!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/233617-windows-update-error-80070005-800f0203.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I installed Windows Vista Service Pack 2 sometime around the beginning of the month, and somewhere about that time I noticed that Windows Update stopped working. Whenever I check for updates, I get the following: Error Code 80070005.

I've tried some solutions I've found using Google and tried one I found from a while back using the search feature on this website, but no dice.

Is this another Windows Vista SP 2 problem...or something else.

Thanks,
Michael

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

The system attempts to install the KB3033929 update, then reboot and revert changes.

I tried to follow the general instructions on Windows Update problems but none of the steps worked.

So I upload the CBS log by splitting the .zip file into three parts with the aid of HJsplit. Just rename CBS<n>.zip to CBS.zip.00<n> before joining them. I wait for your kind help

S.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381961-windows-update-80070005-error-kb3033929.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I've been trying to install the Service error Pack Denied) Service 1 (Access 80070005 Pack for Windows Pro bit I am able to install it but after I restart my computer Windows attempts to configure the Service Pack and then fails causing it the system to revert Once the desktop appears I see a window that says the configuration failed with error code I am still able to get to my desktop and operate as normal but no Service Pack is installed I've tried some of the main troubleshooting options Used the System Update Readiness Tool SURT ran a sfc scannow no problems removed temporary internet files ran Microsoft Hotfix disabled antivirus and firewalls during installation and configuration Here are some notes that may help Service Pack 1 error 80070005 (Access Denied) with diagnostics I have Gigs available on C Windows drive Partitioned drive I recently changed everything CPU Mobo VGU Mem on this PC although looking at the history I've never had service pack installed Attachments Attached Service Pack 1 error 80070005 (Access Denied) are the shortened CB Log I think it captures the errors that occurred during configuration and a screenshot of my Windows Update history Thanks in advance for any help

A:Service Pack 1 error 80070005 (Access Denied)

The uploaded CBS data is only the rollback after the reboot - and contains no data about the install phase.

Please upload the latest TWO CBSPersist cab files, and the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file - all zipped!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371365-service-pack-1-error-80070005-access-denied.html
Relevancy 55.04%

HEllo world

windows update defender kb2267602 Error 80070005
KB2267602 Definition 1.191.842.0
other updates i can install them nicely but this update stuck fails all the time

A:windows update defender kb2267602 Error 80070005

Originally Posted by malibu

HEllo world

windows update defender kb2267602 Error 80070005
KB2267602 Definition 1.191.842.0
other updates i can install them nicely but this update stuck fails all the time

Try here---

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59031-windows-update-defender-kb2267602-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

want to know if there is a solution other than reformatting and reinstalling windows?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi so whilst trying to do windows 7 updates i keep getting error code this error code:

error code 80070005, windows update has encountered an unknown error, Windows cant update important files and services while the system is using them. save any open files and the restart the computer.

I have no files open whilst the updates are running so im not sure why the last part of the message comes up.

It should be noted that recently my pc has been unable to recognise any external devices like phones and cameras and my pc has no malware or virus as stated in my other forum post about this issue with external devices.

coming back to this main issue though, does anyone know how this can be resolved?

A:Windows update encountered an unknown error 80070005

Start with this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330828-windows-update-encountered-unknown-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been experiencing trouble with Windows Update for some time I have important updates that do no install correctly I have spent the better found: 80070005 / Windows 800736B3 - Update Error(s) portion of yesterday and today trying to figure out a couple of issues that I'v had and this is the only one remaining but I haven't been able to get it fixed I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter I have tried disabling security software I have tried System Update Readiness Tool for Windows for x -based Systems I have tried CMD sfc scannow did not find any integrity violations I have tried CMD CHKDSK C R as Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005 well as Microsoft NET Framework Repair Tool I doubt this is important but just in Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005 case I will note that days ago I cloned my Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005 hard drive and am now running off of the new one However this issue existed long before the clone Error s found are- Code B Code The important updates are- Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB

A:Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005

Try these:

For Code 800736B3: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-update-error-code-800736b3-failes-to/98573891-eead-4257-8bf2-1fbac3f2a96a
Skip the SFC step and System Readiness steps, and try the clean boot and safe mode options.

For Code 80070005: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-update-error-code-80070005/3b00bcc8-f44a-4134-af68-e727605ad647
There are links to a number of troubleshooting steps and some automated fix-it tools.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538324/windows-update-errors-found-800736b3-80070005/
Relevancy 54.61%

Tried everything From adding full user net install Framework Error... 0x643 framework Can't ANY .Net control to trusted installer and creator owner in Windows Microsoft net and Program Data directories to therepair service verifier making sure virus scanner is off fixit solutions sfc scannow's clean bill of health uninstalling a few upgrades mentioned with netframe and etc etc I get a fatal error if I try to uncheck net the only version I can see since all other have been uninstalled in 'turn windows features on and off smartmsizap msiinv Smart boot cold boot with 0x643 .Net Framework Error... Can't install ANY net framework the startup items not checked and initial boot config I think something is wrong here with either registry or program permissions because the initial install zips to a random c directory and then it asks me to find netfx core x msi which I 0x643 .Net Framework Error... Can't install ANY net framework point to in that directory but says it is not the netfx core x msi that came with the installation As of current I do not have any working net framework which is bad because some progrmas ie video games require it my schoolwork development environments need it for things like Git Another weird thing is although I manually installed net framework only shows up in the 'turn windows features on or off' and I can't 'uncheck' it or add the sub trees underneath it Almost like it is not there but doesn't want to install additional componenets or be completely uninstalled Drive files here https drive google com file d B - ew usp sharing https drive google com file d B - ew usp sharing

A:0x643 .Net Framework Error... Can't install ANY net framework

BUMP please help ;(

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/363637-0x643-net-framework-error-cant-install-any-net-framework.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Wanted to report to the world that I was getting this failure during automatic updates for Windows XP Home edition.

After a day of trying to follow the Microsoft suggestions, I finally tried to execute the individual updates manually. When doing so, I had an error copying the file c:\.....\branches.inf.

I found a post on this site by MOXYLL (http://www.techsupportforum.com/show...t=branches.inf) in which she suggested changing the following file to read/write from read only:
c:\windows\inf\branches.inf.

Guess what?!?! It worked!! All my Windows Update failures went away.

Now if I could somehow reclaim my day! ... ARGH!

Hope this helps some frantic frustrated person out there!

Best,
Dan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-fail-error-80070005-access-denied-31260.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been all over the net searching for this issue I stopped Windows error 80070005 Ultimate failed 10 7 SP1 on upgrade Win Desktop here because over years I have got lots of good intel from Bleeping Computer Com I have also went through the othe post here with same problem Did not want to post in that thread I have a self built tower Gigabyte A-UD mobo Phenom II BL cpu Sapphire HD graphics Card Win Windows 10 upgrade failed error 80070005 on Desktop Win 7 Ultimate SP1 Ultimate SP x all updates legit Here's what I have tried Tweaking com all in one newest ran in safe mode with networking reset registry permissions reset file permissions repair windows update did this different times I also ran sfc scannow from inside that program and with elevated cmp There were errors that could not be fixed on first run before I seen the Tweaking com program from Windows 10 upgrade failed error 80070005 on Desktop Win 7 Ultimate SP1 here and Microsoft forums I'm thinking re do all and post logs if any one is available to help I have google drive and now the onedrive I have tried many things now for week or so I had errors on all three pc's laptops My laptop that had Windows Ultimate x that I put on it because the HP operating system on it was totally screwed from kids using it etc It had same error on it I restart it and cut everything from software distribution downloads folder and put in different ex hdd just in case This pc had failed attempts at upgradeing to Windows home After the removing all stuff from download folder a restart along with a elvated cmd to start windows update wuauclt exe updatenow I'm pretty sure that's the command I was reading it from a post off laptop while fixing laptop it brought up windows update with windows It worked and installed I tried that on desktop didn't work I been following topic started by TheDude with Aura helping If anyone gets a chance I can do just about anything requested of me Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586695/windows-10-upgrade-failed-error-80070005-on-desktop-win-7-ultimate-sp1/
Relevancy 54.18%

First let me start by saying I had another error before but then I followed various guides from Google maybe not the wisest place to look I admit but it did lead me to this topic which is how I found this forum Current steps I've taken - Stopping Windows Update service renaming the SoftwareDistribution in C Windows starting Windows Update service again I believe stopped the error from popping but now Windows Update just sits there and Checks for Updates forever - So I've run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab which is where I got the error - After many unsuccessful attempts to remove the error using two different methods there came this page which I've used before and may have caused some further breakage I went down the list UNTIL I reached the reset winsocks thing which caused me to restart and such Several dll's either failed to load or had an error similar to quot mshtml dll quot was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer scan Update error Windows 80070005/80080005/never stops was not found quot My list looked somewhat similar to the link's This is where you lot come in I came here ran System Update Readiness Tool completed rather swiftly five minutes-ish then WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab again and I THINK Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan it resolved a lot of those DLLs since it came up with more Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan errors But I can't be sure But I apologize for the messy formatting here I've been trying to put everything I can here for you guys but it may just have ended up Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan as word vomit I just want to be able to use Windows Update and install NET which seems to have a similar issue of just hanging CBS and MGADiag report below Taking whatever diagnostic tools I can to share what's wrong

A:Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan

UPDATE: I installed this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

And suddenly I'm seeing a notification about installation of updates now?! Here's hoping this sticks! I may not have needed you guys, but I'll stick around just in case you guys think I need to clean some stuff up. Wish me luck. Restarting now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402129-windows-update-error-80070005-80080005-never-stops-scan.html
Relevancy 52.89%

There doesn't seems to be for me a way of installing this update (KB2858725), i tried with windows update and downloading the installer from microsoft?s website. i tried some things related with the permissions but i don't have a clue what to do.

I attach the logs if someone has some time to spend on it

A:Net Framework 4.5.1 install failed. Code 643

I have had this before and I found it was prom a lack of permissions.

Had the same problem with .NET framework 4.5.1 update; the problem turned out to be that the C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Net Framework directory didn't have the right permissions to be able to be written to by the installer. I simply created the directory and set permissions on all C:\Program Data directories to "SYSTEM: Full Control", "Administrators: Full Control" and "CREATOR OWNER: Full Control." Next time I used update it worked perfectly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/344955-net-framework-4-5-1-install-failed-code-643-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Anti-code injection framework.

A new company, Recursion Ventures, has been formed by Dan Kaminsky, Michael Tiffany and Henry Bar-Levav to take a fresh approach to computer security. Recursion Ventures Interpolique framework is aimed at helping developers make their web applications immune to SQL injection and cross-site scripting attacks. The basic idea is to transform data entered by the user into Base64 so that, even where it's constructed incorrectly with additional code, it's unable to cause any damage.

-- Tom

Relevancy 50.31%

I have googled the information i got and well. the info doesn?t exist as i can see. The odd thing is that if i run skyrim there is no problem. if i run orcs must die this screen comes.

Running on w7 which made it easier to see the codes since they pop up when i boot the computor again. it looked like this.

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800AB07028
BCP3: 00000000B6000000
BCP4: 0000000000100153
OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1

Says nothing to me at all. Hope you can help me

Kinda needs to fix this right now. could it be something wrong in orcs must die just?

A:Odd bsod. game related. Classic 124 code which say nothing.

Now please don't panic when I tell you this but, often times the stop error you are getting is caused by failing hardware, however it may be something else so let get to the trouble shooting portion of things. Firstly if you are over clocking anything please stop this error can occur because of a failed over clock. Next I notice that you dont have service pack 1 installed please install it as it contains a number of stability and security fixes:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

once that is done please check the mother board manufacturers website for updates to the Bios. When you are finished please post back your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279487-odd-bsod-game-related-classic-124-code-say-nothing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok - I'm trying to fix my friends' computer - Toshiba Satellite L -S running Windows -bit Windows firewall is off and I need to quot Update Firewall Settings quot When I click use recommended settings I get a message that says it quot can't change some of your settings Error code x quot I get Win7 error 0x6D9 code code on turn Firewall won't error 0x80070424 and the same thing when I click on quot Turn Windows Firewall on or Win7 Firewall won't turn on error code 0x6D9 and error code 0x80070424 off quot and quot Restore Defaults quot When I click on quot Advanced Settings quot I get quot There was an error opening the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in quot followed by it quot failed to load Restart the Windows Firewall service on the computer you are managing Error code x D quot I scanned the computer using both Avast and Microsoft Safety Scanner full scan and took over hours - no infections or issues found I installed all Microsoft updates and followed suggested restarts I ran Microsoft Fix It and I get a message that the firewall isn't running or stopped and it can't be fixed I have gone into services as an administrator to try and start Windows Firewall it isn't there - not in the list of services local I also used SlimDrivers to update all the drivers on the computer What I am not seeing is how to uninstall and reinstall Windows Win7 Firewall won't turn on error code 0x6D9 and error code 0x80070424 Firewall any other program or hardware issue that would seem to be the easiest solution - but I have yet to see how to do that with Windows Firewall I even started the computer in safe mode and chose quot Repair computer quot only to get a message that there is nothing to repair If I can't get the firewall back to quot ON quot is running Avast or AVG enough to keep the computer safe Apparently infected applets were installed through Java Thanks for any help you have PS - I'm not very computer savvy but I am very good at internet research and following directions

A:Win7 Firewall won't turn on error code 0x6D9 and error code 0x80070424

What other Anti-virus was on the computer before Avast?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/205840-win7-firewall-wont-turn-error-code-0x6d9-error-code-0x80070424.html