Windows Support Forum

W8.1 start screen/side charm occasionally stops working

Q: W8.1 start screen/side charm occasionally stops working

Hey.

I've experienced a problem with windows 8.1 ever since building this pc. Basically, when using my pc, at random times the start menu stops working. I.e, when I click the start button, the menu does not come up, right click does not also work to bring up the power menu. The sidebar does not also appear. I've done a few reformats for various reasons and it's not appeared to have fixed the issue.

Pressing win+x does bring the power menu up, but the start button is still unresponsive after.

The one thing that does fix the issue is restarting explorer.exe from task manager

I'm not sure what causes this issue and was just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this, and if so, any fixes? Is it a glitch in 8.1?

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51211-w8-1-start-screen-side-charm-occasionally-stops-working.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: W8.1 start screen/side charm occasionally stops working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,
Having a multi-monitor system here I'm finding it overly difficult to bring up the charm bar on the right edge of my primary monitor, it would be substantially easier if I could move it to the left side of my screen and move the new task bar that appears on the left side of my screen over to the right side of my screen (since I personally use it less).

Is there a way to do this, or maybe a way to just have both on the left side of the screen?

I know that I can press the Win+C keys to bring up the charm bar but I'm really not much of a hot key user.

A:Is there a way to move the charm bar to the left side of my screen?

I don't think that's doable. Try moving your cursor to the very bottom of your screen, then move it right until the charms bar appears.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/11950-there-way-move-charm-bar-left-side-my-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Only on home wireless network.

Is this a router issue or a network card issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/occasionally-ie-stops-working-but-126970.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I upgraded my parents' computer a few months ago and installed Win7. Ever since then, they've been having problems w/ the keyboard randomly not working after the computer is rebooted or woken from sleep. I've tried 2 different PS2 keyboards and a USB unit, but the problem persists. Could it be a driver issue, even though it happens on 2 different types of ports?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G860 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 8062 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1988 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 244095 MB, Free - 167283 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, Z77A-G41 (MS-7758)

A:Keyboard occasionally stops working

When you installed Windows 7 what order did you install the drivers, update to the latest service pack and did you update to the latest BIOS?

The recommend order is

crjdriver said:

A Install os
B Update to latest service pack; for win7 sp1
C Install chipset/mb drivers
D Install sound, nic/lan drivers, etc
E Install video driver lastClick to expand...

Drivers, latest BIOS version etc for your motherboard can be found HERE

Remember to read the motherboards manual about updating the BIOS and follow every step VERY CAREFULLY, mistakes can turn motherboards into doorstops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-occasionally-stops-working.1118045/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi occasionally my touchpad will become less responsive It will only move a couple of inches and 7548 working Insperon 15 occasionally stops Dell Touchpad stop no matter how much I move my finger and I quot ll have to lift my finger and put it back on and it will move a couple of more inches After a minute of this it will stop responding entirely My computer and keyboard is still responding I can alt tab around and restart with keyboard commands It s just the touchpad If I reset the touchpad will work normally for a while sometimes a week and sometimes for only a few minutes and it will stop working again Here s what I ve tried to fix it Enable and disabling touchpad Try to update driver from device manager A factory reset of the Dell Insperon 15 7548 Touchpad occasionally stops working OS So far the problem still persists Have any of you encountered this and have found a fix I use this laptop for work on occasion and it s a major bummer and interrupts my work There s still warranty nbsp left can I submit this problem and get it fixed potentially

A:Dell Insperon 15 7548 Touchpad occasionally stops working

Hi chekhonte,
I?d suggest that you update BIOS on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Also, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers usineg the steps provided below.
1. Click on Start button.
2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
3. Select the touchpad device under Mice and other pointing devices and right click on it
4. Now select properties.
5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
6. Check ?Delete the driver software for this device.?
7. You want to delete the driver click OK.
Please reinstall the touchpad driver

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992357
Relevancy 77.83%

One day just randomly my keyboard stopped working in firefox and if I switch tabs it fixes it and at the same time my computer started running slow I've run MalwareBytes and it didn't pick anything up so I came to you guys Any help is appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Steven Julaka at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D http www stops occasionally keyboard running slow, and Computer working bleepingcomputer com forums topic Computer running slow, and keyboard stops working occasionally html Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files foobar foobar exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Steven Julaka My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun ATICCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace CLIStart exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRunOnce Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbamgui exe install silent IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current polarbear... Read more

A:Computer running slow, and keyboard stops working occasionally

Hello CelifulWelcome to BleepingComputer ========I see nothing out of place in your logs.Are you still having issues?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244455/computer-running-slow-and-keyboard-stops-working-occasionally/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi u may have seen a post liek this before but now i ahve more information for which you may be able to help me with my pc occasionally restarts on its own but does not display any kind of error message Then sometimes it will do the same thing but show a blue screen when my pc is just about to load back up onto the desktop I get STOP X E XC X DE XF C X on the blue screen This is quite annoying and i am quite confused as to why this happens I think it might be the my nvidia geforcefx graphics card because when i install drivers on that either latest or older drivers it will only work for bout a day or before the colour automatically changes to like bit and the reso changes to really low and i have to uninstall the drivers for it to go back to default I hope somebody can help me If you can or have got any further suggestions either to what it could be or any sugestions to how i can overcome this then please state

A:Random Restarts and Blue screen at start up occasionally

Do you have your agp set at 8X in the bios?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f24/random-restarts-and-blue-screen-at-start-up-occasionally-12177.html
Relevancy 65.36%

That menu bar with the start button that is normally at the bottom left of my computer screen has suddenly moved to lying vertically on the right side of my screen. How do I move it back?

A:Why is my start bar at the Right side of the screen

To the right of Start Menu locate an empty space on the task bar. Right-click on the task bar and choose Properties. Verify there is no checkmark to the left of "Lock the taskbar:.
Click on OK.
Now drag the taskbar to the bottom of the screen (it that is where you want it to live).
After that is completed go back to the Task Bar properties and lock the taskbar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-start-bar-at-the-right-side-of-the-screen.651882/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I am right-handed and I like to have Windows start menu and its components on the Start right the side screen! menu of on bottom right of screen as this is more logically in my view Because we usually use the mouse from the right side and it would be more intuitive to have the control settings on Start menu on the right side of screen! the right side I am also wondering why browsers and other programs don't make it possible to place their menus on the right side or in a right-vertically position At least they can make it an option for right-handed people who prefer such positions So my question is Is it possible to have Windows Start menu on the bottom right-side of screen Also I would like to have the menu bar in firefox on right instead of left Is their any way to make it so Actually I wish to switch reverse the actual left-side positions to righ positions of all my control settings start menu toolbars etc Are such possibilities to have start menu on right available in Linux if so I will switch on for linux for forever

A:Start menu on the right side of screen!

First of why does it matter that you're right handed that the start menu is on the left side of the screen. Just move your mouse over to the left....

I'm not aware that you can change which side the start button is on but I know you can change which edge the whole menu bar is on. Use this is you'd like that. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ve-the-taskbar

Anyway with linux you can customize your menus however you'd like. The possibilities are endless. I would recommend Ubuntu for your first distro. Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/137648-start-menu-right-side-screen.html
Relevancy 63.21%

During certain times my Charms bar won't swipe via mouse, the left side's app viewer won't appear, and I cannot click on the start button. This happens frequently and I do not know what is going on.

A:Charms bar, start menu and left side app viewer not working properly

Hi,
Can you supply a bit more information about the hardware and softwaare?
Are you experiencing any other problems wit other features?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546001/charms-bar-start-menu-and-left-side-app-viewer-not-working-properly/
Relevancy 63.21%

For the last couple of days, while my computer plays anything from the CD drive with sound, occasionally the sound just stops for a couple of seconds, then comes back, where it should be a few seconds later, as if it has been playing all along, and I just turned off my speakers.

...Also, maby un-related, but maby not, I cannot compleat a diskcheck. It gets stuck at 0% on the second stage if you ask it to do one as the computer turnes on.
Is it time to re-install? It would be a pain if it were, but can be done.

Any help?

Relevancy 63.21%

I've only had the laptop a couple of weeks and now only the left hand side of the touch screen works. I have tried re-starts etc. but too no avail. I've also tried switching to tablet mode with no sucess. Thank you in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Right-hand-side-of-touch-screen-not-working/td-p/5796229
Relevancy 63.21%

How do I move the task bar from the side where it mysteriously wound up back to the bottom of the screen? Thanks.

A:start & task bar have been moved to the side of the screen instead of bottom.

When it pops up(if you choose to autohide), click an empty space on the taskbar and hold it down. Now, drag it around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-task-bar-have-been-moved-to-the-side-of-the-screen-instead-of-bottom.319364/
Relevancy 62.35%

So i ve had a virus or maybe two before this happened like at the up at stops start Computer working time of occurence i had some virus that would constantly take over my internet but i wasn t worried cause it was IE and i used firefox but then it started hijacking firefox and at the same and even before this had occured i had the Computer stops working at start up red circle with the white x on the botton in the tray that installs Windows antivirusXP The program i ve used is malwares and that took out stuff but never was able to take out the red circle Malware didn t work but was the best for getting rid of the baggage that also came along none of that interferes so much that it doesn t let my computer run though its an intro real problems I start my computer loads alright i get to log onto user screen and the error might not be exact cause im not near my computer and didn t think id use one today but ill edit later with correct msg s ViewpointSource has reached the breaking point Breakpoint error ocurred at etc location and thats what i think really screw it up but then theres another error i ve seen a couple of time but dont think it does anything cause i googled the exact name and got nothing so i assumed its something malware took out zupahuto dll has encountered an error and cannot run or was unable to run So a few seconds into loading my desktop it stops working and nothing works my mouse moves though but i can t do ctrl alt del even if i summon ctrl alt del before it freezes i wont be able to use it either Also idk if this is worth mentioning either but i had been using it before this all happened i went and turned it on got onto firefox closed the IE spam windows that opened went onto pandora and it wasn t loading so i was like mweh ctrl f and it wasn t loading and then i was like wiered and tried it again and nothing happened this time and then nothing was working Also idk if it could be if my ram is old or anything i like to leave my computer on for long periods of time weeks at a time weeks i study with pandora on a lot so idk if something just burned out on my computer Edit Oh btw i haven t tried runnign in safe mode yet because i dont know how to go into it it doesn t tell me which F key it is i ve gone into F the bios but i didn t see a button for safe mode Windows XP nvdia two ram cards If u need any other information just ask me

A:Computer stops working at start up

Hello and welcome..I am not too familiar with Pandora or whether ViewpointSource is related to it. Perhaps when you have the fukll or correct error,but later for that.The second error should eaily be fixed with Autoruns.Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click HEREif you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.See if you can scan and posts these logs.. MBAM ans SAS.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot no... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185727/computer-stops-working-at-start-up/
Relevancy 62.35%

Recently after working Windows start-up stops whenever I restarted my laptop windows stops working I get the message quot The application is not responding The program may respond again if you wait quot I end the proccess and sometimes it reloads and if it does it just goes throught the same thing again or just seems to freeze up I can run the system in safe mode just fine I have done virus and malware scans to make sure it was not something from that I also did a system restore to a previous time when Windows stops working after start-up it was working fine to no sucess have done a sfc scan - it found errors but still have the same issue Windows stops working after start-up when I try and boot not in safe mode running AVG scan in safe mode getting a number of errors on the cmd prompt screen error xe c Documents and settings error xe c hiberfil sys error xe c ProgramData Documents to list a few I have no audio when in safe mode - when I try and turn the audio on it does a troubleshoot and I get the message One or more audio service not running

A:Windows stops working after start-up

Did sfc scan fix the errors?

Have you ever messed with the Registry in any way, even such as "cleaning" it?

It's normal to have no audio in Safe Mode because only the bare essentials are loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273464-windows-stops-working-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 62.35%

After a few hours of leaving my computer running, it seems like the start menu and the Quick Launch >> thing to expand the list stops working. I click on Start but nothing happens. My Windows Key on the keyboard does nothing. The Quick Launch button doesn't work. I have to right click and do "Explore All Users" to get to the shortcut I want. I tried searching here but didn't find anything relevant. Rebooting DOES make it work again but only for a few hours then it stops working again. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Windows XP Pro SP2 (all latest updates)

You should be able to click the little computer next to my name to see my specs (I love that feature btw)

Relevancy 62.35%

Starting two days ago my start toolbar would continuously freeze I m not sure if the freezing corresponds to a program but it usually happens when the processor is working to open new programs The freeze is just well it freezes I can t access the start toolbar stops Start working menu and clicking anywhere on the start toolbar gives no response However I can still switch between programs using alt tab Usually I can fix the problem by running task manager ending explorer exe and running it However if freezes again in a few minutes Also today I tried to create a new folder and explorer exe freezes on that too Regardless of where I m creating the new folder whether I m in My Documents or on the Desktop it freezes right when I right click and hover the cursor over New I Start toolbar stops working tried restarting and that didn t resolve the problem I googled around and downloaded a quot newfolder quot registry at the Vista forums but that didn t resolve the problem after merging and restarting Edit I did a system restore back to Now explorer exe won t freeze when I right-click -- gt new but the start toolbar continues to freeze nbsp

A:Start toolbar stops working

If you can I would suggest doing a restore beyond 12/18

You might have a virus or somehting that has found it's way in

I would run an anti-virus sofware and see if that finds anything

Something else that might be the cause is a .dll file. Have you had any problems with files that seem to respawn after you delete them or you just can't delete them?

One last thing, when you open up task manager is there a program or process that seems to be using an unnusually high amount of your CPU?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-toolbar-stops-working.782010/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi EightForums!

How to start Settings charm by default skipping the main root charm on the right side of the screen which includes Search, Share, Devices and etc.

I realized I never used those, but only Settings, so would be nice to open up the Settings sidebar by default each time hovering the mouse to the bottom right corner and saving time from one-click each time! (:

A:How to start Settings charm by default?

I'm not sure about removing the Search, Share, and Devices icons but you can directly access the Settings by using the following keyboard shortcut: Windows + I.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/32318-how-start-settings-charm-default.html
Relevancy 61.92%

So I had the same problem as above I had developed a dll using Qt that worked fine on my machine but would not register on another The failed Solved: as configuration has side application to incorrect side start is by familiar quot This application Solved: application has failed to start as side by side configuration is incorrect has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect quot appears when I ran the depencency walker on the dll So this was the solution that worked for me which may help some others see what s going wrong here Within my dll the manifest emedded read lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot standalone quot yes quot gt lt assembly xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot manifestVersion quot quot gt lt dependency gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt assemblyIdentity type quot win quot name quot Microsoft VC DebugCRT quot version quot quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot gt lt assemblyIdentity gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt dependency gt lt assembly gt It seemed that the assembly definition was not found upon my client computer So then from within my original computer s Windows WinSxS directory I copied the x Microsoft VC DebugCRT f directory and it s associated files within the Policies and Manifests directories onto the client computer Once copied the dll registrered fine Hope this helps nbsp

A:Solved: application has failed to start as side by side configuration is incorrect

As above where?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-application-has-failed-to-start-as-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.758168/
Relevancy 61.92%

As of late I've noticed that my taskbar (on auto hide) will refuse to come up, then windows will stop responding which is a huge pain. I've tried scanning for any malware and what not but nothing came up, not sure what else I can do except ask some people with a lot more knowledge? If you have any ideas they'd be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you in advance.

Here is my dxdiag, let me know if any other information is necessary.

A:[SOLVED] Explorer occasionally freezes/stops responding

Nevermind, I discovered the problem only occurred when a specific program was closed and it has now been resolved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-explorer-occasionally-freezes-stops-responding-878513.html
Relevancy 61.92%

so..last night I updated windows 10 and today, every so often skype stops responding, usually when fetching a new add to assault my eyes with, and then starts working normally again after a moment or two. so who else has observed this behavior?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33220-skype-occasionally-stops-responding-after-update-10586-29-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

First of all, I've gotten this on at least 3 different programs. Everyone who's written about this seems to think it's related to their specific program...it's not! Secondly, what I find here in the forum on the subject tells me there has been no solution...also am unable to find any on the 'net'. I think it acts like a virus and is spreading...

What's up with this??? Does anyone know...? It has kept me from opening iTunes so I can't work with my iPad anymore. Certainly there must be someone knowledgeable enough to know what this is and what to do about it...right?:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorre.1009325/
Relevancy 61.92%

My friends computer is displaying the message: "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. please see the application log for more detail.", when trying to open Microsoft office and Windows live messenger.

Obviously the programs do not open.
How do we solve this?

Thanks, Joe.

A:the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorre

I have seen this before. Do you have AVG installed? AVG and the C++ redistributable seem to conflict. Uninstalling and reinstalling both fixed it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorre-560333.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi whenever i open the Microsoft word documents infact every microsoft application is not opening.

To fix this sissue steps taken

1)installed Microsoft visual c++ 2010 as all previous versions are already installed

2)run sfc /scannow result:corrupted files found but cannot repair

3)repaired Msoffice home and student edition

4)uninstalled msoffice

5)when reinstalling it won't install

6)so at the end i restored my system from where i started.

Can anybody please help me in resolving this issue
i am using windows vista home premium edition.

A:Application Failed to start side by side configuration incorrect

I have posted 3 posts for help but unfortunately no one has replied with solution on any of the issues so i think that no one here is bothered here to help. I am greatly disappointed by this forum as i joined to interact and get help and help others however i am not getting any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415562/application-failed-to-start-side-by-side-configuration-incorrect/
Relevancy 61.92%

I get this message whenever i try to start ay program in the Microsoft office and with trillian. I have tried re installing office but have not had any success in getting the program to run. Is there anything i can do to get these programs running again?

error.png   152.54KB
  10 downloads

Thanks,
Ryan

A:the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

I saw that message in Office 2010 when I had it over more than one drive, program on C, files on E it went badly. ended up uninstalling an re-installing on just C:// and never had the issue again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399912/the-application-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect/
Relevancy 61.92%

Windows -bit None of my to configuration start failed - side-by-side application has is incorrect the applications or programs work not even internet explorer sending this from another computer I ran HJT and this is what I got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Users Aja Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect Search SearchAssistant R the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - DEFAULT User Startup Best Buy Software Installer lnk C Program Files Best Buy Software Installer Best Buy Software Installer exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MIF BA Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D FF C D BF dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C - br D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MIF BA Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MIF BA Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MIF BA Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C windows System alg exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot sys... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.1000341/
Relevancy 61.92%

Windows on Toshiba Laptop all of the recent windows updates have been installed I was having issues running the new zynga game on facebook the ville I assumed The because has failed side the application by side start configuration is Error: to that it was a resource hog and didn t like the laptop and it was possible that I didn t have the most recent installment of Adobe flash so I upgraded that as well It still wouldn t run So I decided to clean up the hard drive I used control panel to uninstall a game that the kids Error: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is no longer play because it s now obsolete I also uninstalled Quickbooks it wasn t just quickbooks it was a bunch of crapware that was installed on the laptop when we purchased it but since we don t use quickbook I figured we could get rid of it the only reason I bother stating all of this is because I believe in full disclosure You never know which action caused the issue so it s best to tell it all Sorry for the ramble I have been noticing that the machine was running slower lately so that is why I decided to de-clutter the hard drive After doing this and rebooting I found that I was unable to run Rockmelt it came up with the following Error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace exe tool for more detail I consider myself a fair pc tech so I have been troubleshooting this for most of the day by searching it out on the internet for the most part I have been told to update the C redist I have made an attempt I downloaded said files on another machine and burned to cd and attempted to install on the machine in question however any program that I attempt to run I get the side by side error message I have been told by my machine that Internet Explorer is not installed and asked if I wanted to remove the shortcut icon Basically my computer will boot up I can log into it and it brings up windows but I cannot do anything on the machine Please assist if possible I have also used the sxstrace program and I have a parsed filed I can attach if needed Thanks so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-the-side-by-side-configuration-is-656365.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me, I was referred to this forum by nasdaq in the malware removal forum to help with some residual problems I've been having with my hp notebook (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498613/infected-with-virus-appplicunwntwin32adwareibryteh289567536/
).

The following error is popping up when I try to open certain programs on my computer: "The application failed to load because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I am able to access the sxstrace.exe tool but when I try to get the trace to run, I get an error message- "Access is denied" (see above post for screenshots, etc.).  At first I just noticed this happening with my Kindle for PC, but has now graduated to my Dropbox as well.

Any advice on what to do next?

A:Error Msg: This application failed to start because its side-by-side configurati

I am currently trying the steps listed here-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/this-application-failed-to-start-because-side-by/7673bf12-87c2-48ca-b5ae-b8aa85e295dc 

and will advise.

Also- I realize the sxstrace.exe tool may not have worked because I didn't access the cmd prompt in administrator mode which gives me a different prompt: Windows\system32.

Will try that as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499830/error-msg-this-application-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configurati/
Relevancy 61.92%

My vista home premium was running perfectly until June after a recommended download from the Microsoft update site Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile for Windows Vista x KB At first I couldn t even get on the internet at all Local only network Called my ISP verified it was not their hardware or my computer Called Microsoft they at least got me back to the internet Now when I go to open programs that worked perfectly well before I get start by side because incorrect.. has configuration its side to Application is failed this message quot The application has failed to start because Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. it side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail quot A few programs still open most do not The ones that don Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. t all come up with Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. this same msg These are the ones that don t open Adobe Photoshop Elements exe zoombrower Ex exe a canon photo editing program c Program Files Microsoft Works WksWP exe quot quot quot WksCal exe quot quot quot wksdb exe quot quot quot WksSb exe quot quot quot wksss exe Norton Security Program c Program Files Norton Engine uiStub exe Quicken WillMaker Plus c Program Files Quicken WillMaker Plus qwp exe Windows Live c Program Files Windows Live Mail wlmail exe quot quot quot Photo Gallery MovieMaker exe quot quot quot Photo Gallery WLXPhotogallery exe There are others but I think they don t open because the system restore program cannot complete a system restore and my shortcuts and program paths have been shuffled due to the incompleted system restore attempt This one really stands out as an important one to be looked at ehshell exe- net Framework Initialization Error quot C Windows Microsoft net Framework V could not be loaded Am I misguided in hoping that if I quot fix quot this ehshell command program everything else may fall into place I am dreadfully afraid of attempting anything with the registry as I am a complete novice but am willing to give it a try if someone has the patience to guide me Please if anyone can help I can t really go out on the internet too far or too wide as my Norton Anti-virus program is not working My surfing for help with this is limited to sites that quot seem quot trustworthy and that s not many now a days nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.932612/
Relevancy 61.49%

On startup, I get an intermittent error message that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and I have two options, close it or restart it. I restart it and everything seems ok, computer runs with a slight stutter, and also having sound issues, but I think a driver reinstall fixed those. Looked at the reliability history, and the windows explorer related error brings up this information :

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1677
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000940d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 3ebf
Additional Information 2: 3ebf10d80ec1de440784d5b52559e3c5
Additional Information 3: 810e
Additional Information 4: 810e0c25d154e0bbcd83ed836ab63cfc
Any help would be great, thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-explorer-stops-working-on-start-up-752473.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and I've lost track of the Start page (I guess they call it Metro), the one with Start up on the left and all the tiles, including the one for Desktop...gone.

Also I don't get the Charm Bar with a swipe, or any other movement for that matter. It opens up to a page with 4 tiles: Weather, Media Hub, Music Hub and Game Hub. I can tap to a page with Apps, a bunch of apps, but no Start Page or Charm Bar.

I don't know about this technology thing...

Thanks, oseph4

A:Lost track of Start page and Charm Bar?

Hello oseph, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorials below may be able to help. Please let us know if you have any further questions about this after going through them. Be sure to see the related links at the bottom of each tutorial as well.

Apps Screen - Open in Windows 8

and

Charms Bar - Open in Windows 8

and

"Start" Screen - Open in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23375-lost-track-start-page-charm-bar.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello wondering if anyone can offer any advice please Having a strange problem with my laptop screen It s a Tiny laptop When I start the laptop up it works fine but after being stops use, 20 Laptop working after screen screen min so and does external of on for a while suddenly the screen goes very funny with lots of lines - it gets worse and worse until it s totally unusable Moving the screen changes the picture slightly but doesn t help Then when I turn back on again it s OK again What is really strange is that last time I turned on Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen my laptop I connected an external Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen screen At first both screens worked fine then after about minutes the laptop screen went funny as described but the external screen went blank So seems like it may not be the screen but perhaps the grahpics card Or something else I don t know Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen But it s weird that when I move the laptop screen when this is all happening the picture does change slightly Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Kath nbsp

A:Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen

Hi

Sounds like a faulty card or cable, if your able strip the laptop down and find the cable that links the screen to the motherboard, it may be loose, if the graphics card is a plug in type then try reseating it.

Other than that your gonna need a visit to a pc shop....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-stops-working-after-20-min-of-use-and-so-does-external-screen.115667/
Relevancy 61.06%

quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail quot First of all I ve gotten this on at least different programs Everyone who s written about this seems to think it s related to their specific program it s not Secondly what I find here in the forum on the subject tells me there has been no solution also am unable to find any on the net I think it acts like a virus and is spreading What s up with this Does anyone know It failed configuration... its side-by-side The has start because application to has kept me from opening iTunes so I can t work with my iPad anymore Certainly there must be someone knowledgeable enough to know what this is and what to do about it right Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration... OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration... bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta BD None Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration...

You probably need Visual Studio C++ 2005 or 2008 Redistributable runtime files installing to fix this error:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3387

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration.1009331/
Relevancy 61.06%

This application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

This message pops up when I click any icon. So i pretty much can't do anything on my laptop. Please please please help me. I can't even open the internet browser.

A:The application has failed to start because it's side by side confirguration is..

Can you boot into safe mode??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-confirguration-is.1024544/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I tries to run Glary Utilities 5.46, the following error message appears.
'The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail'

I had posted a question in Microsoft Community and did what the support engineer said, including repairing corrupted files with RestoreHealth, re-installation in compatible mode and restarting the computer, but the side by side configuration error still appears. What else can I do?

The following have already been installed. http://fud.community.services.suppor...9-a0777b03746e

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45204-failed-start-because-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
Relevancy 61.06%

ERROR says,
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the applications event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe for more detail.

A:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configura

what program are you running? Try to uninstall, reboot--> reinstall the program, then reboot. I've seen this a lot, sometime trying to uninstall third party firewall, then reinstall the program are solutions

Regard,
Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/94817-application-has-failed-start-because-its-side-side-configura.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recieve this error for has to its configuration side-by-side Application start because failed every program that i try to open Tryed to uninstall vc and vc same problem quot application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail Code CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v with Core C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f dde d f cbscore dll - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ce d x fee d x fee d d xff e c xff d xff daff - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ce d x fee de x fee db a c x fee d a xff e c xff d - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ce d x fef x fef xff e xff d ae xff daff - - Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Starting the TrustedInstaller main loop - - Info CBS TrustedInstaller service starts successfully - - Info CBS SQM Initializing online with Windows opt-in False - - Info CBS SQM Cleaning up report files Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration older than days - - Info CBS SQM Requesting upload of all unsent reports - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start upload with file pattern C Windows servicing sqm std sqm flags x HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start standard sample upload HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Queued file s for upload with pattern C Windows servicing sqm all sqm flags x - - Info CBS SQM Warning Failed to upload all unsent reports HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS No startup processing required TrustedInstaller service was not set as autostart or else a reboot is still pending - - Info CBS NonStart Checking to ensure startup processing was not required - - Info CSI IAdvancedInstallerAwareStore ResolvePendingTransactions call flags progress NULL phase pdwDisposition x faa - - Info CSI Creating NT transaction seq objectname quot null quot - - Info CSI Created NT transaction seq result x handle x fc - - Info CSI CSI perf trace CSIPERF TXCOMMIT - - Info CBS NonStart Success startup processing not required as expected - - Info CBS Startup processing thread terminated normally - - Info CSI CSI Store x e ac initialized - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Failed to internally open package HRESULT x f - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Archived backup log C Windows Logs CBS CbsPersist cab - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB bf ad e amd ApplicableState CurrentState - - Info CBS Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info CBS Read out cached package applicability for package Package for KB ... Read more

A:Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration

I had the same problem, some file got corrupt but cant remember what ones. i had to go for a fresh install of the app!

this may help you!

Resolving Side-by-Side Configuration errors (Windows Vista/7)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132515-application-has-failed-start-because-its-side-side-configuration.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm at my wits end so I really hope someone can help. Every time I try to open a MS Office 2010 program, I get an error message "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details." I have not made any changes or added any programs.
I am running Vista SP2
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office.

I can open every other program, even other Microsoft programs, such as Frontpage 2003

A:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration

Hi TamariaM

Googling your error message gives this link:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/winsdk/sidebysideerror.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingf...rror-message-given-launching-dynamics-gp.aspx

Do you have Visual Studio installed?
Did you check the Event Viewer as the error message advised?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration.965538/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have 2 network hardrives attached to my router as central storage. I mapped these drives on my PC and pinned shortcuts to Win 8 Start menu. But everytime I hibernate the PC and come back afterwards, the shortcuts are somehow disconnected to the source. I keep pinning these shortcuts but also keeps getting disconnected after shutting down or hibernating. Any fix on this?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23199-pinned-shortcuts-stops-working-win-8-start-menu.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm using IE 11  Version 11.162.10586.0 Update Version (KB3139929) in Windows 10. A few days ago when I started IE it showed right away "Internet Explorer stopped working and has to close". I have no idea what happened but since than I have
to start IE as administrator and it works. I checked Java and it seems I've installed the right version. I have reset IE but that didn't help either. I've run the IE diagnostic tool but nothing came up and since IE is part of Windows now I can't uninstall
and reinstall it. Is there anything else I could try?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d42043ad-60e7-4121-a5fd-141f4f26f936/internet-explorer-11-stops-working-every-time-i-start-it?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell xps 200 media center desktop. When I turn on the computer
it starts up fine until it gets to the welcome screen. The boot stalls there.

A:xp start-up boot stops at welcome screen

First thing, try to boot to safe mode by pressing the F8 key repeatedly, as soon as you turn the power on.

If you can get to safe mode, navigate Start>Run>(type) "cmd", and then type "chkdsk /r" and answer yes to run chkdsk on reboot.

Then, navigate Start>Run(type) MSCONFIG and turn off all the non-microsoft services, and all the startups. Then reboot.

It should run a scan. Pay close attention to the report, and note if it finds errors, and fixes them, or not.

When/if it gets to desktop, it will be in "selective startup".

You can start turning things on, in order to possibly find out if it's an application that causing the problem.

My thinking is that you have some kind of system file corruptions, the question is how & why.

Malware, overheating, bad power supply and hard drive errors come to mind immediately. Trying to figure out why it happened/is happening is the goal.

What is your Anti-Virus solution & Are all your definitions updated ?
What are the specs of your power supply ?
Download & install Speedfan, and report your CPU temp at idle, and under load if possible.
It's also possible your HD is about to go bad. You can download diagnostic utilities at the HD's manufacturer's web-site, and they can tell you if there is/or soon will be a problem with your HD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-start-up-boot-stops-at-welcome-screen-328893.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have Windows 7 and I recently installed CCleaner and degragler and ran and re-ran then both. Since then I cannot get into Mozilla and I recently installed Trend Micro because my anti-virus was about to expire. The error message I get states:

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Titanium\UIFramework\uiWinMgr.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detal.

Please help me.

A:Application has failed to start because its side-by-side

From Microsoft this is their version of the problem -Error message: "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"The machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system. (x86 or x64). Installing the following updates resolved the issue. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package for (x64) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=enMicrosoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd512d9e-43c8-4655-81bf-9350143d5867 Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453444/application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to fix my friends computer which is having several weird issues. When you login everything appears to be normal but Windows loads to a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del to task manager and I can run explorer.exe to restore the desktop. However the problem now is once your at the desktop all programs when you try to run them pop up with an application failed to run side-by-side configuration is incorrect. these problems are not apparent when the computer is ran in safe mode, but I can not figure out what to do. I checked the registry HKLM software windows nt logon and explorer.exe is the value.
Malwarebytes when ran in safe mode does not detect anything either.

A:windows logs in to a black screen, programs have side by side config

Some possibilities: this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect

Was this computer upgraded from Vista to Windows 7? If so that may be the cause. You can try doing a Repair Install of Windows 7 to see if that corrects the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224272-windows-logs-black-screen-programs-have-side-side-config.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a desktop running Windows XP Pro I seem to have a virus that was page and Virus from avg start internet stops hijacks malwarebytes working and causing my computer to freeze and has made AVG take instant scans of nothing and wont let me use Malwarebytes from opening My Firefox home page also seems to have been changed Unfortunately when I googled this problem I came across a link to combofix and Virus hijacks internet start page and stops avg and malwarebytes from working ran it before coming to this forum and learning that I should not do so When running Combofix I got a message saying that it would take some time to run because I have a quot rootkit quot I then had to restart my computer several times DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Joel at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes D PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe Virus hijacks internet start page and stops avg and malwarebytes from working -k DcomLaunch svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe D Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files Nuance PaperPort PDFProFiltSrvPP exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc D Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS stsystra exe D Program Files Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe D Program Files Real RealPlayer update realsched exe D Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe D Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe D Program Files Nuance PaperPort pptd nt exe D Program Files Nuance PDF Viewer Plus pdfpro hook exe D Program Files Browny Brother BrStMonW exe D Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe D Program Files ControlCenter BrCtrlCntr exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter D Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe D Documents and Settings All Users Application Data FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe D Program Files Browny BrYNSvc exe D Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe D Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Airlink Airlink WLAN Monitor RtWLan exe D Program Files ControlCenter BrCcUxSys exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - d program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - d documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - d program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO PlusIEEventHelper Class a f- a - a - c -afbec a d - d program files nuance pdf viewer plus bin PlusIEContextMenu dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - d program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - d program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - d program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - d program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun ISUSPM d documents and settings all users application data flexnet connect ISUSPM exe -scheduler uRun ctfmon exe d windows system ctfmon exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot d program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun IDTSysTrayApp sttray exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe mRun CTSVolFE quot d program files creative mixer CTSVolFE exe quot r mRun GrooveMonitor qu... Read more

A:Virus hijacks internet start page and stops avg and malwarebytes from working

Please post the ComboFix Log(s)
(located at c:\combofix.txt - older logs > c:\qoobox\cpmbofix2.txt)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421874/virus-hijacks-internet-start-page-and-stops-avg-and-malwarebytes-from-working/
Relevancy 59.34%

okay so i have had this issue for a long fing time now. like at least 10 clean installations of windows and it still keeps on happening. you can only imaging the amount to frustration im going through right now.
i just did another clean install and now im trying everything to avoid this goddamn issue but scumbaeg windows just wants to f with me.
i even tried switching to enterprise version of windows

i get this issue where the boot logo (win logo with circle) shows up twice. like once and then the screen goes blank for a sec and then i see that shitty thing again but its laggy this time....
i think this is the problem that finally leads to the start menu disappear thingy..

pls help me. im an android developer and its really frustating !!!!

A:Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working

Hi,
Here are a few suggestions:

1.) If this has happened for a long time I wonder how your hardware would react to a different operating system? (Just as a test)
2.) Windows may be slow for any of the following reasons: bad RAM, failing Hard Drive, incorrect or missing drivers for one or more components
3.) Bad or failing Motherboard
4.) There are a number of free tools available which boot from a USB bootable stick that can help you test your RAM, Hard Disk and, in some cases, your MB, too.

Search these forums or the WWW for some of the available tools that you can use to diagnose hardware problems.

Just some ideas that I hope can help.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40315-windows-10-boot-logo-shows-up-twice-then-start-menu-stops-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hope i'm posting in the correct place.

right side of screen is fading into right side of computer monitor, can't seem to expand.
it's about an inch on the left side and an inch on the top that show the background of the start up screen.

tia for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/right-side-of-screen-is-fading-into-right-side-of-computer-monitor-433340.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Has anyone seen this before?
This seems to be happening more and more, I am using my PC (with Windows 8 Pro) as an HTPC and its connected via HDMI to a plasma TV so the PC is always on. Sometimes, when I go to use the pc I turn the TV on and then move the mouse around to turn the display on and I see the attached image, it looks as though the screen has shifted to the right and wrapped around to the other side.
I ran windows 7 with the same hardware on this setup for years without an issue. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

A:Left side of screen rolled to right side of monitor..

Did you ever get any sulution for this problem ?

I have the same problem with my windows 7 ultimate, tried everything now, the last step i'm testing now is an older driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19753-left-side-screen-rolled-right-side-monitor.html
Relevancy 58.91%

On my Asus R2H I have build 7057 installed.

Every now and then (I haven't pin pointed if it is a specific event that triggers is) my touch screen stops working as touch screen. It does everything, it only doesn't respond to touch.
If I restart, put the machine to standby, shut down and start it again everything is fine again.

I have no clue what might have been changed recently!

Does somebody recognize this?

A:Asus R2H touch screen stops working

Check to see if the touch device is set to allow Windows to turn it off to save power (a usual setting for things like USB slots, NICs, etc.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17919-asus-r2h-touch-screen-stops-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It happened out of nowhere this morning. I restarted my computer and the keyboard doesn't work. It works when I'm booting and press F8 for windows options but when I boot, it stops responding.

Any ideas?

A:Help - Keyboard stops working at xp pro login screen

do you still have a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-keyboard-stops-working-at-xp-pro-login-screen.249125/
Relevancy 58.91%

So here's the problem: When my laptop gets bumped, sometimes even just the tiniest bit, the screen stops working right. Instead of whatever it was displaying before, it shows a randomly changing pattern of multicolor squares, then the whole computer shuts down. When I turn it on again, everything is back to normal. I suspect it's an issue with a loose connection inside the laptop, but I don't know what to do about it. Thoughts?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-stops-working-when-laptop-is-bumped/td-p/5724998
Relevancy 58.91%

getting tired of clicking the charm menu for settings and such, is there a way to have both the charms menu and clock locked open all the time on the metro screen?

thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/4596-can-charm-menu-clock-locked-onto-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

This is not a power setting problem. My screen blanks out after one minute, and if I am doing a backup it stops. Moving mouse reactivates screen but backup does not resume. This happens on various utility programs. My power settings are for longer periods. I do not know how to correct this.

A:Screen blanks out after one minute and stops utilities from working

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555980/screen-blanks-out-after-one-minute-and-stops-utilities-from-working/
Relevancy 58.48%

My Webcam Stops Working When I Tilt My Laptop Screen
Chickoni

A:My webcam stops working when I tilt my laptop screen

Is the webcam built into the laptop itself, or is the webcam plugged into a USB port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcam-stops-working-when-i-tilt-my-laptop-screen.164212/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am having an intermittent problem logging into Windows 7 and it seems to be getting worse, so I was hoping someone might be able to help me.
What happens is: After turning on my Computer and selecting my profile. I type my password, then hit Enter on my keyboard to log in. Nothing happens. And if I try to click on the log-in arrow nothing happens either. To fix this I can sometimes click the Switch User button, which will quickly switch to a black screen and then back to the profile chooser(then it sometimes works to log-in), but other times it just displays the log-in background, then I have to restart my computer to try again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
Tristar

A:Windows 7 Login Screen button stops working

Hello Tristar and welcome to Seven Forums.

Depending on how long you've been experiencing this problem, you might be able to use a restore point to return your computer to a date/time prior to when the problem first began.

System Restore

If you have difficulties logging in you might have better success by accessing Safe Mode through Advanced Boot Options.

Safe Mode

Malware could also cause the problems you're experiencing. If you haven't already done so, do a full scan with your installed anti-malware suite. Since no anti-malware program is 100% effective 100% of the time (if there was such a thing we'd all be using it), I also recommend running full scans with these free products:

Malwarebytes

ESET Online Scanner

Windows Defender Offline (This requires you to make a bootable CD/DVD/Flash drive because it will bypass the usual startup procedure. Best to create the bootable media on a machine that is known to be malware free.)

It's also possible that you might have damaged or corrupt system files. Try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found, run th escan 3 times and reboot your computer after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please post back if anything helped or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258299-windows-7-login-screen-button-stops-working.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Thanks in advance for any help I'll try to explain as best I can I have a custom built pc running Windows ultimate bit GB RAM Intel LGA motherboard Intel Xeon Quad processor watt power supply and nvidia GeForce GT graphics card I do audio recording and use an external audio interface novation x-station My computer has ran flawlessly for the past year or so now my quot Samsung monitors go black after a few minutes It started computer working, Any black. and suggestions? stops goes screen out once or twice a day now it only takes about computer stops working, and screen goes black. Any suggestions? minutes My first thought was the video card because both monitors go black which I'm still in the year warrantee period so I can get it replaced Everything is normal then I get a second of messed up screens then it goes black When the screens are messed up they look like the one referring to bad video card ram in this link Diagnose video card problems by comparing with example corrupted screens But When it goes black I have no audio either I cleaned the dust out ran with cover off all fans are still running and computer appears as its operating as normal except the screens go black and audio stops so I guess my question is if my video cards ram is bad and it crashes overheats and stops working would it cause the audio to stop also Or could it be something else like the mobo or cpu I also don't get a error message and don't see it in error logs but have to do a hard re-start to get it back on and working for a few minutes at least '-

A:computer stops working, and screen goes black. Any suggestions?

Hello aaronuws. Welcome to the Forum.

My first thought, as was yours, was overheating. If the 9800 is inside a hard plastic case be sure to blow or vacuum that out carefully.

I think the best way to start would be to simplify. Disconnect all but the minimum needed components of the system and run it for a while just to test to see if the problem remains. That will give a clue about which direction to investigate first.

The usual questions:
Have you made any hardware changes recently? OS changes?
Have installed any new programs (particularly games) recently?
Is the symptom regular and constant (happens every time) or random and occasional?
If a regular occurrence: does it happen after a certain period of time, or is the amount of time random?

Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231049-computer-stops-working-screen-goes-black-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hello i'm using yoga 500 14ibd with win 7 installed on it,i noticed that every time i close the lid (even if i set the power managmet to do nothing when closing the lid) the touch screen stop working. reseting the machine solves this. i tried disabling and reenabling the touch device from the device manager but it does nothing.i really not sure what i can do. if you guys have any ideas i will love to try. i should note that it doesn't happen on win 8.1. thanks  

A:yoga 500 14ibd - touch screen stops working after ...

Same here with Yoga 700 and win10. Although highly unlikely but did you find a solution maybe? At this point, I am off the opinion that you finding a solution is better chance than Lenovo doing it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga-500-14ibd-touch-screen-stops-working-after-closing-lid/td-p/2186169
Relevancy 58.48%

I open the computer.
Using built-in laptop keyboard;
I enter Bitlocker password,
It opens to syskey screen and keyboard stops working.
After a couple of restarts and shutdowns, automatic repair opens, redirects me to advanced restart,
I try to go in to safe mode (pressing 4 with internal keyboard and internal touchpad), keyboard still stops working at syskey.
Same with the USB Keyboard. Stops at syskey Screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54655-built-keyboard-stops-working-syskey-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi
So I have a little problem with my mouse and keyboard. It stops working at the login screen. The same thing happens when I try to log on safe mode, etc.

Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?

A:Mouse and Keybored stops working at login screen

Are you able to log in to W7 at all?
Hi Welcome to Seven Forums.
To help all of us would you please add your systems specs? Here's how: System Info - See Your System Specs
Under System Manufacturer/Model Number add desktop or laptop and whether self built.

You can easily copy/paste from within the app, no install required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240882-mouse-keybored-stops-working-login-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, Tech Guy Forums.
A few minutes ago I had to shut down my computer impropery(by holding down the power button) because my computer froze after trying to logging off one of my accounts.(i hope this doenst mean anything)

So I turned my computer back on my pressing the power button again and when I got to the windows welcome login screen I could not type in my password!
My keyboard is not broken, the lights are on, and it was working fine before I had to shut down my computer . I can still enter the boot setup and the keys work in there. It's just when I get to windows login screen it stops working.
I have tried restarting my computer many times that doesn't work. I tried putting my keyboard usb into all the other slots and that doesn't work either.
Help! Is this a virus?

A:Keyboard stops working at Windows Login Screen! Help.

While the computer is booting up, try tapping the F8 key. See if the windows advanced options menu, appears. Try selecting "Last known good configuration". Otherwise you can try safemode. If you are able to use the keyboard in safemode, then I would uninstall the keyboard drivers, and let windows reinstall it upon normal bootup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-stops-working-at-windows-login-screen-help.818738/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am missing the start menu taskbar icons and shortcuts charm bars clock and customize bad Start area bars, clock notification missing, charm menu, icons, when I click the customize notification area button nothing opens up I have Windows Server and DDS doesn't allow me to install it so here is my hijackthis log I have ran Malwarebytes Spybot ESET Trendmicro housecall all with no fixes I cant reinstall windows on a live web server so please help me fix this I basically have a blank background and an empty taskbar that doesnt do anything Start button doesnt work but I am able to do start R commands to pull up the Run screen CTRL ALT DEL just pulls up a blank blue screen from which I can no longer remote desktop connect to and have to shut down the server and turn it back on When I right click on the desktop and click sort by Name then all my desktop icons come back temporarily I also can not drag and drop things from a folder to the desktop yet I can Cut and Paste to the desktop If I try Start menu, icons, charm bars, clock missing, customize notification area bad to rearrange icons on the desktop it will not allow me to move them it just has that circle with the line through it icon for the mouse Unhide me came back with this which I thought could be relevant noactivedesktopchanges policy was found and deleted I am stuck so let me know what you can do Thank you - Russ - Here is the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res iesetup dll SoftAdmin htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - HKLM Run Popup C Program Files x MegaRAID Storage Manager MegaPopup Popup exe O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run SDTray C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe O - HKCU Run NetMeter C Software Net Meter NetMeter beta exe O - Global Startup SuperDoctor III Client lnk O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - ESC Trusted Zone http view atdmt com O - ESC Trusted Zone http iweb dl sourceforge net O - ESC Trusted Zone http m webtrends com O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C C A- - - D C- A CDA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip C C A- - - D C- A CDA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip C C A- - - D C- A CDA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip C C A- - - D C- A CDA NameServer O - Winlogon Notify SDWinLogon - SDWinLogon dll file missing O - Se... Read more

A:Start menu, icons, charm bars, clock missing, customize notification area bad

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/510291 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510291/start-menu-icons-charm-bars-clock-missing-customize-notification-area-bad/
Relevancy 58.05%

My pc specs IBuyPower computer custom built Windows working Internet THEN stops explore windows working, stops home premium bit Amd fx core processor Graphics Amd Radeon Hd xlr edition gb ram tb hdd AsRock motherboard Antivirus Panda cloud and Avast antivirus THE PROBLEM My usual browser is google chrome but lately exactly a week ago the Internet stopped working after a while NOTE PREVIOUS POSTS HAVEN T WORKED NOR FIXED MY PROBLEM PLEASE KEEP READING The Internet service stops working as if someone just unpluged my ethernet cable And minutes or seconds after that my windows explorer stops working taskbar and the entire system stops working I can still change windows with the keyboard shortcut but nothing else from there The ohly way my Internet and pc works fine is by safe mode with networking SOLVING THE PROBLEM I already tried to search for viruses Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working or malware by cmd with the quot -r -h -s quot and the quot scannow quot methods but nothing Already searched for viruses with boith of my antiviruses panda Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working and avast I have no saved point to reboot my system to a past saved poiht the last saved point is the same day that my pc stopped working SPECULATIONS OF THE PROBLEM Long ago I disconnected the side panel from the pc box which includes a fan and lately my pc temp have raised up to when before it was around the s or s The days this problem started I wasn t home and a blackout happened while my pc was still on nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so here's the case whenever i start up games like skyrim i get a message that says "Error: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."
and when i'm installing photoshop it's something wrong with VC redist and several people have told me that i have to install VC Redist x86 to solve it, the problem is that i can't install because of guess what, that's right side-byside configuration.
I have tried literally everything to solve this i just hope that someone here will prove that i haven't....
Oh and something else i just restored my computer from crashing a while ago and i don't know if that has anything to do with it(but it propably does as usual)

A:Side-By-Side Configuration Not working tried everything.

What was the crash was it a BOSD if so what did it contain. Also What have you tried in detail to solve the problems you are having now?

I also see that you only have SP1 for Windows Vista installed. Perhaps the game needs SP2.

Update graphics drivers, Run a CHKDSK on the system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/side-by-side-configuration-not-working-tried-everything-641123.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I m kind of at my wits end at this point I don t know if my problems are fixable or if I just need to get a Side Errors by Has * Side Crashes, Errors, Multiple Working stopped Configuration new computer It started with just a few programs on my computer that had side by side configuration errors I was advised to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C Redistributables but some would not reinstall correctly Several of the shortcuts on my computer are no longer working I have an HP Pavilion g running windows I was using Multiple Crashes, Side by Side Configuration Errors, * Has stopped Working Errors Firefox as a browser but now I can t get adobe flash player to run on it at all See posts here https support mozilla org en-US questions answer- and here https forums adobe com message So I ve had to use Chrome Now more and more programs won t open and are causing Windows to crash quot Windows Explorer has stopped working quot I ran a disk check and no errors were found On the reboot I had and Event Multiple Crashes, Side by Side Configuration Errors, * Has stopped Working Errors WMI error and was able to find a fix through Microsoft Here are a list of the most recent errors Faulting application name Explorer exe version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x eaf Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cfc cb Faulting application path C Windows Explorer exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id bbe ba- df - e -b d- f b a f ------ Volume Shadow Copy Service warning VSS was denied access to the root of volume Volume c ae c -dcfb- e -acf - f b a f Denying administrators from accessing volume roots can cause many unexpected failures and will prevent VSS from functioning properly Check security on the volume and try the operation again Operation Removing auto-release shadow copies Loading provider Context Execution Context System Provider ----- The HP Support Assistant Service service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified ----- Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address xAC A The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server ----- The Client Virtualization Handler service depends on the Application Virtualization Client service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start ----- The Application Virtualization Client service depends on the Application Virtualization Service Agent service which failed to start because of the following error The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail ----- The ZoneAlarm Privacy Service service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified ----- Faulting application name minesweeper exe version time stamp x a bc f Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x eaf Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x f Faulting application start time x cfc e a ba Faulting application path C Program Files Microsoft Games minesweeper minesweeper exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id a ac- dd - e -ba - f b a f ----- Faulting application name FreeCell exe version time stamp x a bc f Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x eaf Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cfc e d Faulting application path C Program Files Microsoft Games FreeCell FreeCell exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id d a a - dd - e -ba - f b a f ----- Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND Target... Read more

A:Multiple Crashes, Side by Side Configuration Errors, * Has stopped Working Errors

Some messages refer to ntdll.dll, which is a system module. Try this command and see if it fixes anything. Open command prompt by right clicking and choosing Run as Admin, then type this in;

sfc /scannow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-crashes-side-by-side-configuration-errors-has-stopped-working-errors.1132415/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all When I boot my computer I have included my system specs below I occasionally experience a BSOD It's really random when it will happen for example yesterday it took boots to boot correctly Today I have booted it twice and it booted correctly the first time I tried on my first attempt and the second time I tried on my second attempt I have a relatively new system but it hadn't been giving me any issues prior to around days ago when this problem arose Around the time that the BSOD's started I had installed a USB hub into my quot floppy slot and it worked correctly for about a day but when the BSOD's started I unhooked the hub and they continued so I reconnected the hub and it seems to still be working correctly Other than that I haven't made any hardware changes and only light software changes in about two months My system is completely stable when it is actually running and I haven't had any crashes or BSOD's start-up on occasionally BSOD since the boot BSOD's started but it's getting increasingly annoying to need such a BSOD occasionally on start-up variable amount of time to start my system and I am also starting to get worried that I might damage my hardware OS - Windows x Original OS installed on the system was windows XP service pack I purchased a full retail version everything is new about months old except for the hard drive and case which is about years old but it hasn't given me any problems in the past Installed Windows OS about months ago had some trouble with the boot disc but i've only ever clean installed once over windows XP service pack Video Card- AMD Athlon II X processor without the fourth core unlocked CPU- ATI Radeon series Motherboard - MSI GT-E Power Supply - Turbolink watts I should have attached the other necessary files to figure out what is going wrong with my system Thanks a lot for the help I will be checking this thread diligently Edit I forgot to mention that all of my hardware remains at factory settings and I haven't even tried overclocking

A:BSOD occasionally on start-up

Hi,

For some reason the collection application did not pick up any BSOD minidumps (it does this occasionally). Can you check C:\Windows\Minidump and upload anything you find there.

If there is nothing there and you have definitely got bluescreens then can you check the settings mentioned in this post to see if your system is set up correctly to collect dump files when it Blue Screens.

From your event logs I can see that you have had 10 recorded BSODs in the past 2 days alone!

I did manage to track down some data on at least 2 of those BSODs

Code:

7/19/2010 8:50 PM Event Name: BlueScreen Analysis symbol: X64_0x50_usbccgp!DispatchPdoPnp+339

7/21/2010 11:03 PM Event Name: BlueScreen Analysis symbol: X64_0x7E_usbccgp!UsbcReleaseRemoveLock+35

Note which driver is mentioned? usbccgp.sys

Code:

Module Name: usbccgp
Display Name: Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver
Link Date: 7/13/2009 6:06:45 PM

As this is a Microsoft Driver it is unlikely to be the true cause.

The mention of a USB driver and the fact that they started occurring only after you installed the new hub make me pretty suspicious of that hub and what it might have done to your motherboard.

Remove that hub now and hopefully the problems do not continue (if they do make sure you collect the minidump as they contain more accurate troubleshooting information than the rest of the files)

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-occasionally-on-start-up-499823.html
Relevancy 54.61%

To start off with I have an Acer Extensa - Intel Pentium dual core processor T MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X GB DDR GB HDD I shut down my laptop last night and it was working fine and has been working fine When I went to turn it on this morning it would not boot The screen was black and the hard drive light would flash the power button would light up but then it would make some noises and just completely shut off the power light would go off hard drive light would stop blinking I removed the battery and tried to start the laptop off the power cord but it did the same thing Then I did a static discharge and replaced the battery and it still did the same thing I kept pressing the power button and one of the times the laptop will Laptop occasionally...Help! start only came back on I shut it down later Laptop will only start occasionally...Help! today and when I tried to start it back up it it would not start it was doing the same thing as earlier I went through the same process and luckily Laptop will only start occasionally...Help! it started back up one of the times What could this possibly be It is really peculiar how it is only starting up randomly Any help would be welcome nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I m experiencing cpu usage on start up and it remains that way for - mins before returning to about - Everything runs smoothly after that and then without any reason or cause the cpu usage shoots up to and stays that way again for - mins only to get back to normal again I don occasionally 100% usage on start and up cpu t understand what might be causing 100% cpu usage on start up and occasionally this I have checked the task manager but I can t pinpoint anything that might be behind this I m including my hijackthis log with this post I hope it ll give a clue as to what might be causing this Any help will be appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files KeyScrambler KeyScrambler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil a exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEH... Read more

A:100% cpu usage on start up and occasionally

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
You have two anti-virus programs running, which will cause trouble. Uninstall one of them.
You might also consider turning off Windows Sidebar to see if this is causing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-cpu-usage-on-start-up-and-occasionally.835879/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently started getting very annoying problem. Firefox or other program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working at the same time so I have to reboot. It happens quite often.

What I did already:
*Maybe virus? Full boot time system scan with Avast anti-virus. Nothing found.
*Oh well reinstall windows again... Yes, I did that too. Still same problem BUT ONLY after small break like two days or so.
And most confusing thing is that full screen programs like games do not seem to stop responding. Still, they BSOD like after few hours, but I do not think it is related. Like heavy load or something.

My system details hopefully in my forum profile, at least filled them recently.

So any other ideas how I can fix that?

A:Program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Please post this info
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Browsers well you might switch off gpu acceleration might help
What other programs are crashing or freezing it's usually a driver issue or Avast up to it's old tricks
Uninstall properly Avast and switch to Panda.
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

If you're oc'ing your gpu or anything else restore to default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384131-program-stops-responding-alt-ctrl-del-stops-working.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I receive the  error message below when trying to load a program on my machine. Any clue to what might
cause this problem?

'The application has failed to start because it's side‐by‐side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application
event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.'

A:The application has failed to start because it's side‐by‐side...

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608966/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side%e2%80%90by%e2%80%90side/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
I've a two week old PC with Windows 7 64 bit pro. 7 times in last two weeks it has crashed when I;ve powered it on and entered Start up repair and then System restore after which it works ok. Nothing seems to cause it. In Event viewer it shows as Kernel Power id 41 Event 63.

Supplier is saying after expensive phone call it is a software problem and I should reinstall operating system. Seems drastic and time consuming. Any Ideas anyone??

Thanks

A:PC occasionally starts in Start up Repair

Please provide this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-occasionally-starts-in-start-up-repair-458469.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications.

I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway, because occasionally, an email arrives correctly in the inbox and I get a notification correctly. Then the next few just don't arrive, but interestingly, when I click on "All mail" they are all there.

I have removed my (GMail) account and then reinstated it, but that made no difference.

I have tried to uninstall the app using Powershell, but it asked me for "parameters" and I didn't know what to do at that point.

Any ideas, please, as to how to make the inbox and related notifications work correctly?

Geoff

A:Mail app only working occasionally

Hi,
Welcome to the forum

Not sure on the missing email issue, but for your issues with notifications, have a look at the following, it is an issue that has affected a few of us since Win 10 came out, no fix yet for it (though some suggestions below might work for you)

Mail Notification Question - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/36042-mail-app-only-working-occasionally.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications.

I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway, because occasionally, an email arrives correctly in the inbox and I get a notification correctly. Then the next few just don't arrive, but interestingly, when I click on "All mail" they are all there.

I have removed my (GMail) account and then reinstated it, but that made no difference.

I have tried to uninstall the app using Powershell, but it asked me for "parameters" and I didn't know what to do at that point.

Any ideas, please, as to how to make the inbox and related notifications work correctly?

Geoff

A:Mail app only working occasionally

Hi,
Welcome to the forum

Not sure on the missing email issue, but for your issues with notifications, have a look at the following, it is an issue that has affected a few of us since Win 10 came out, no fix yet for it (though some suggestions below might work for you)

Mail Notification Question - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36042-mail-app-only-working-occasionally.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi A few days ago a google me occasionally dialogue is Infected and something, anything, with without doing occasionally opens redirected. box random dialogue box started opening virus scans detected a heightened number of Trojans and google searches Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected. would occasionally be redirected I managed to open the folder location of the dialogue box and it was under something called quot Sanctioned Media quot and a google search of this led me to you Running x bit Windows and Apple Safari web browser DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Matthew at on - - Microsoft Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected. Windows Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected. - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Mobile Broadband Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth devmgrsrv exe C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth audiosrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files DAZ D Content Management Service ContentManagementServer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SysWOW ezSharedSvcHost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files x StartNow Toolbar ToolbarUpdaterService exe C Windows System Drivers WTSRV EXE C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth obexsrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Auto HPAuto exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Window... Read more

A:Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected.

Hello Matt1492, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the ADD REPLY button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.2.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help youshould your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a sim... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441323/infected-with-something-dialogue-box-opens-occasionally-without-me-doing-anything-and-google-is-occasionally-redirected/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello First of all I don't have any BSOD codes and rarely get blue screens but I couldn't find another appropriate category and I feel my issues are similar to BSOD Please move if necessary I have a fairly Frankenstein-ish computer on my hands consisting of old parts due to my financial situation You can view occasionally won't in when start, mode, sleep etc Freeze the specs on my profile but I run Windows -bit SP and the issues started when I quite recently installed a new motherboard I got from a friend including the processor and RAM I also installed a used graphics card ASUSTek Computer INC M A TD EVO AMD Phenom tm II X NVIDIA GeForce GT MB GB DDR The computer ran fine at first but then started to have some kind of hardware issues which have had little consistency over the five or so months I've ran this system I'll describe them below The most recent and most consistent problem is that the computer won't wake up from sleep mode which started occuring after I let Windows install all the updates I thought would concern me including SP When trying to wake the computer up the screen remains black and nothing does anything keyboard mouse power reset button and I have to physically switch off the power on the back of the PSU When trying to restart problem below will occur Freeze when in sleep mode, occasionally won't start, etc I tried to install the update Hibernation does not work or memory dump file is not created after you install Windows or Windows Server R Service Pack to fix hibernation issues after SP but it says it's not applicable on my system The computer won't power on This also didn't happen from the start and is the reason I started putting my computer to sleep instead of shutting it down When I hit the power button the drives and fans come on for a couple of seconds and then shuts down After this I have to plug out the power Freeze when in sleep mode, occasionally won't start, etc cord and put it back in and usually the third time the computer will start I read that this could be a faulty PSU but it worked fine for years with my previous components Sometimes usually during Skype calls with my webcam the computer freezes no BSOD everything just gets stuck and I have to use the reset button to restart it This seems to have decreased when I installed an extra fan for my graphics card which was running quite hot However I reproduced issue just yesterday with an online service using my webcam After reboot I successfully ran a two-hour Skype call Random quot short freezes quot occur when using the computer normally for example starting or shutting down programs I e similar to but sound will keep playing for example and the mouse cursor will resume moving after usually a couple of seconds I'll include a log zip as described in the instructions Hopefully someone can take a look at it since my computer-troubleshooting experience with modern systems is very limited not extensive with old ones either but with Windows and I felt I knew what I was doing

A:Freeze when in sleep mode, occasionally won't start, etc

Quote:
I run Windows 7 64-bit SP1, and the issues started when I quite recently installed a new motherboard I got from a friend, including the processor and RAM. I also installed a used graphics card

Had the 'new' parts been used by your friend? If not there should be a warranty to you but if they had been used there may be a warranty to your friend. It's my experience that adding in used parts changes the 'playing field' and diagnosing where the problems are becomes more difficult. I've seen a number of computers that didn't play well with Sleep and Hibernate, sometimes only took an adjustment in Power Options to help, other times nothing helped but turning Sleep and Hibernate off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357717-freeze-when-sleep-mode-occasionally-wont-start-etc.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Intel Rapid Technology set up on a ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance LGA 1150 Motherboard with Windows 7.

Around 70% of the time it works as it should - turning the PC off physically turns it off - and upon booting the computer up it comes out of a hibernation type, booting the PC in seconds. As it is a media player PC, I turn it on with the 'on' function on a USB remote.

Around 30% of the time the on button on the remote does not work and I need to press the on button on the case. The PC then boots into the BIOS (without prompt). If I hit the reset button the computer boots normally.

A:Rapid Start Technology - occasionally resets to BIOS

Have you altered any settings in RST? Have you tried resetting them to default by doing a reinstall of it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/rapid-start-technology-occasionally-resets-to-bios-1033993.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi first of all nice forum quite liking the whole thing Had a quick search around the forums and was unable to find anything identical to what I have it's been bugging me for a while and I still have no clue Symptoms At startup sound does not load properly No system sound no audio no all the volums bars are shown in the sound manager Seems to happen more frequently when the laptop has been unplugged before startup When it does work sound occasionnally seems to stop after a random amount of time anywhere from half an hour to a couple hours uptime sometimes a day or two Again no system sound and up) at Sound random occasionally moments absent and start (at no audio Possibly occurs more often when connected to the net Sound absent (at random moments and occasionally at start up) but htis could just be an impression havent measured it Winamp trackbar just stops does no play files VLC media player acts like its playing track bar moves forward like normal but no sound When sound is not working the laptop loses all ability to do a normal shutdown at least in any reasonable length of time sometimes does after minutes and requires a forced manual button pressing for seconds restart Its all I've been able to identify Ive checked and reloaded all drivers sound motherboard checked the acpi and the power management Nothing I could see wrong there Just checking to see of any of you have any ideas before i flash my bios and do a clean install on top Using WinXP Pro LSD french version on an ACER WLMi laptop havent found anything on the acer forums Cheers

A:Sound absent (at random moments and occasionally at start up)

I... ummm... can't seem to find the edit button this time around, guess its late and I'm tired...

What I was going to add are:
Soundcard: Realtek AC97
Sound is also absent when using external speakers or headphones

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-absent-at-random-moments-and-occasionally-at-start-up-132351.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I work for a company that uses an exchange server for the emails When they switched to this new email system i had to upgrade to Outlook I receive emails in different exchange inboxes Fredd AP and Billing which had to be set up in my Outlook For ease of use i created a working 2010 occasionally Outlook rule not separate personal inbox and created rules that automatically copy all emails coming into the exchange inboxes into this one personal inbox The problem is that every once in a while emails don't get copied over from the Billing exchange inbox It happens Outlook 2010 rule not working occasionally about once a week or so for a - hour block This seems to be happening most often on Sundays although it may happen other times i'm not aware of I don't even realize i didn't see the emails until someone notifies me that i didn't respond Then i look at the Billing inbox and the email is there Is there something that just causes Outlook rules to Outlook 2010 rule not working occasionally not work sometimes Can this be fixed I am running Outlook 2010 rule not working occasionally a Windows -bit PC

A:Outlook 2010 rule not working occasionally

First thing I would do is to look at the rules and compare the rules to the message and see if the messages contain something that the rule doesn't have in it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513417/outlook-2010-rule-not-working-occasionally/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am using Windows XP home edition with SP3. It was working normally. I used to get a popup "Windows cannot find "syssetup.exe"....When i opened yesterday morning I found it taking longer and never go to the desktop after giving the username and password. It stops at Welcome screen with a msg "Loading your personal settings" and no more response. I followed below steps to trouble shoot the issue.

1.I have tried opening in both "safemode" and "safemode with networking", found its working fine. I ran "msconfig" in safemode and unchecked some unwanted applications(nothing related to windows process) and tried again opening in normal mode.... Not worked

2. My internet works normally in safemode. Found some virus by running antivirus in safemode and cleared all the viruses.

It would be really appreciable if any one could solve my issue..

Cheers!

A:XP home stops loading at Welcome Screen in normal mode, but working fine in Safe mode

try using system restore in safe mode...it might help...or try selecting the last known good config that worked...if still not work...try repairing it with you windows xp bootable cd..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-stops-loading-at-welcome-screen-in-normal-mode-but-working-fine-in-safe-mode-296009.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so i ve been having constant computer problems for a fair while now I made another thread and most people pointed to either overheating or psu problems but occasionally. screen Garbled now another thing has been brought Garbled screen occasionally. to my attention that i forgot to mention When im playing games my comp will sometimes be fine Sometimes itll just get the spits and fall over randomly reboot However some times the game will pause for a second Totally frozen Garbled screen occasionally. Even the sound is frozen and then a few seconds later unlock again Garbled screen occasionally. This happens normally about times and eventually leads to a random reboot However Sometimes my screen will just turn into an absolute mess with random characters and weird white pink lines all over the screen This isnt always in game Ive been watching a movie and had it happen I m thinking to myself that it may not be just one thing thats wrong with my computer Anyone got any ideas My card is still under warranty so i m all good if a return is necessary nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

During the last couple of months my Occasionally of Getting Death Blue Screen a computer has been crashing Getting a Blue Screen of Death Occasionally occasionally Today I decided to open a minidump to see what is going on I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out in how to fix this problem Thank you Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win sp ldr - Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d Debug session time Wed Jul UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D aced Unable to load image UrlFilter sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for UrlFilter sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for UrlFilter sys Probably caused by NETIO SYS NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg aced address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from d c Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at d d CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e aced b mov edx dword ptr eax CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD PROCESS NAME IMF exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from aced to aced STACK TEXT a e aced b a e a e NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit xe a e aced d a e f e c e NETIO StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction x f a e aced ef a e f e c e NETIO StreamCalloutProcessData x a e c acede a e f e c e NETIO StreamCalloutProcessingLoop x a e acdbf c d ee NETIO StreamProcessCallout x a e acc b e e e e d c NETIO ProcessCallout x a e c acc f e e e d c NETIO ArbitrateAndEnforce xae a e a c acecadd e e e d c NETIO KfdClassify x c a e aa acee d b ad e e e NETIO StreamInternalClassify x a e b ace c d f b bb NETIO StreamInject x f a e b ae dc cae f NETIO FwppStreamInject xde a e b a dc a e d dc fwpkclnt FwpsStreamInjectAsync x WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong a e bd a dc b d c cae UrlFilter x a e a e bfc c e d f d f UrlFilter x b a e c e d ec c d f d fd nt IofCallDriver x a e c e fccf e c nt IopSynchronousServiceTail x f a e cd e ca e d f nt IopXxxControlFile x aa a e d c e nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x a a e d nt KiSystemServicePostCall dc eb x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e aced b mov edx dword ptr eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME NETIO IMAGE NAME NETIO SYS DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP bf FAILURE BUCKET ID xD NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e BUCKET ID xD NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Getting a Blue Screen of Death Occasionally

Hi

to the BC forum.

If you installed any of the IOBit crapware in your system ( advanced system care ,Malware fighter etc ), uninstall them immediately. If the BSOD continues, please follow the below steps.

Open C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy and zip the entire contents and upload to any free file hosting site like Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/

Post the download link to it in next reply.

Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.

4 ) Download and run Minitoolbox from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files) 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500727/getting-a-blue-screen-of-death-occasionally/
Relevancy 51.6%

AMD 955 quad core
4 Gigs of 1600MHZ gaming ram (corsair)
Windows 7 64 bit

5770 Ati graphics card

Fresh reinstall of the OS and the problem still exists. I assume since I ran the graphics card fan at 100% and it blue screened at 65 degrees (did not happen during Bf3 beta), that maybe my power supply needs to be upgraded or I should sell this one and buy a new computer. 600 watt power supply btw.

A:Blue screen 000124 from BF3 and occasionally APB

I have tried Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try, and stress tested all my hardware. The computer will only lock up in RANDOM situations, however on BF3 it will lock up after about 15 minutes of gameplay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198974-blue-screen-000124-bf3-occasionally-apb.html
Relevancy 51.6%

During the last couple of months my Occasionally of a Screen Death Getting Blue computer has been crashing occasionally Today I decided to create a minidump to see what is going on I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out in how to fix this problem Thank you Microsoft Windows Debugger Version X Copyright Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win sp ldr - Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d Debug session time Wed Getting a Blue Screen of Death Occasionally Jul UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D aced Unable to load image UrlFilter sys Win error Getting a Blue Screen of Death Occasionally n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for UrlFilter sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for UrlFilter sys Probably caused by NETIO SYS NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg aced address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from d c Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at d d CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e aced b mov edx dword ptr eax CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD PROCESS NAME IMF exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from aced to aced STACK TEXT a e aced b a e a e NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit xe a e aced d a e f e c e NETIO StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction x f a e aced ef a e f e c e NETIO StreamCalloutProcessData x a e c acede a e f e c e NETIO StreamCalloutProcessingLoop x a e acdbf c d ee NETIO StreamProcessCallout x a e acc b e e e e d c NETIO ProcessCallout x a e c acc f e e e d c NETIO ArbitrateAndEnforce xae a e a c acecadd e e e d c NETIO KfdClassify x c a e aa acee d b ad e e e NETIO StreamInternalClassify x a e b ace c d f b bb NETIO StreamInject x f a e b ae dc cae f NETIO FwppStreamInject xde a e b a dc a e d dc fwpkclnt FwpsStreamInjectAsync x WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong a e bd a dc b d c cae UrlFilter x a e a e bfc c e d f d f UrlFilter x b a e c e d ec c d f d fd nt IofCallDriver x a e c e fccf e c nt IopSynchronousServiceTail x f a e cd e ca e d f nt IopXxxControlFile x aa a e d c e nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x a a e d nt KiSystemServicePostCall dc eb x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e aced b mov edx dword ptr eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME NETIO IMAGE NAME NETIO SYS DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP bf FAILURE BUCKET ID xD NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e BUCKET ID xD NETIO CalloutStreamDataInit e Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Getting a Blue Screen of Death Occasionally

To receive best possible help,
Please follow:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296934-getting-blue-screen-death-occasionally.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an older Gateway PC running Vista Home Premium -bit It recently started getting the blue screen of death I have now noticed that it stays on and seems to work fine when of screen blue Occasionally getting death it isn t connected to the Internet It is hard wired so should connect all the time but seldom does since this problem started This Occasionally getting blue screen of death morning I turned it on and it stayed on and worked fine for several hours even after Occasionally getting blue screen of death being put to sleep a couple times Then I noticed it wasn t connected to the Internet and rebooted it to see if it would connect It did but immediately went to the blue screen The blue screen only stays for a couple seconds before it reboots but as it went off I noticed that the first few words said something about a bad driver It is now rebooted with no connection to the Internet and seems to be fine again Can you give me any tips as to what I need to do that might possibly fix this If it is of any use it is Model DX - e Intel Pentium dual-core E GHz Dual Core Processor RAM GB Thanks for any suggestions Peg nbsp Occasionally getting blue screen of death

A:Occasionally getting blue screen of death

Some reasons for Blue Screens
New hardware - software installed.
Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive etc.
======
Post the Minidump files
Create a new folder on the desktop and call it dumpfiles [or something similar]

Look in c:\windows\minidump
Copy the last 4 minidump files to that folder.
Close the folder and right click on it and select Send To Compressed [zipped] Folder.
Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.

Use the 'Manage attachments' in the 'Go Advanced' reply window below to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/occasionally-getting-blue-screen-of-death.1153220/
Relevancy 51.6%

When I'm on my computer sometimes it just crashes and turns I my laptop Occasionally a on white/ screen get white or gray The last time this happened I had a Bluetooth adapter ASUS USB-BT plugged in from earlier in the day I unplugged it and the screen immediately turned pitch black presumably off When this happens I have absolutely no control over my computer I cant open task manager or Ctrl alt delete I've searched this and so far I've only gotten that its a RAM problem but I don't think it is in my case I say this because I Occasionally I get a white/ screen on my laptop have GB and I constantly have task manager open and I've never seen over used except when on a game or using something like a screen recorder and it has never crashed while doing those things The weird thing is And this may just be a coincidence but Youtube has been open every time it has crashed times Weather it was just one short song in another tab while doing something else or just browsing my subscriptions I used to bear with it and didn't worry about it too much when it only happened once a month if that Now its happening weekly and it kind of worries me Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Occasionally I get a white/ screen on my laptop

Hi laungst, welcome to Seven Forums.

Similar thing happened to me when I upgraded my Outpost Firewall Pro without removing old version first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239749-occasionally-i-get-white-screen-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I wish I was less of a layperson and I apologize for this My laptop is my oxygen It is incredibly stops google Ad results Windows to goes working blue host Vista sites, search redirects and engine windows screen also to slow and performing a google search will pull up relevent links but when I choose any of them it will redirect to an ad page which has nothing to do with the link I was trying to reach My McAfee antivirus locks up right before it can resolve the problem Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen Malwarebytes recognized one severe adware virus but locked up after choosing to Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen delete it AAAARRRGHHH My Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Wireless Comfort Mobile Mouse TSR xDaemon exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files LEGO Company LEGO Digital Designer LDD exe C Program Files Airhogs AirhogsFlightSimFullVersion AirhogsLauncher exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinGames exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil h ActiveX exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http slickdeals net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStu... Read more

A:Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease do... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384217/windows-vista-redirects-google-search-engine-results-to-ad-sites-also-windows-host-stops-working-and-goes-to-blue-screen/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys yesterday I tried to shut down my PC and when I grabbed the mouse the screen suddenly looses occasionally video signal Screen turned itself off I moved around the mouse and the signal came Screen looses video signal occasionally up again but after - seconds the same happened again video signal disappeared After a few attempts I managed to shut the PC down When I restarted it the initial few screens came up normally until it got at the point where I should log on as a Screen looses video signal occasionally user When I tried to Screen looses video signal occasionally click on the icon to log on the video signal disappeared and moving the mouse it came up again until it disappeared again after a few seconds The PC works fine boots correctly I can even execute programs no crashes but I have my screen going on and off all the time very annoying Is it possible that it may by a virus Is it also possible that some overheating occured I would appreciate any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Occasionally, the screen gets erratic.  Opens and closes windows and programs.  Resizes windows and text.  If I close all open windows, there are little white 'bubbles' in the bottom center of the screen that move up and down as if the screen is being touched.This has been a problem since I purchased the laptop, but I haven't been able to find a solution.I seldom use the touch screen anymore because of this.  And I try to avoid the touch pad also.   But even when using a mouse, the problem occurs.    It's very random and I cannot reproduce the problem.Auto HP updates are on and all software and drivers should be current.Internet connection is wireless.Purchased laptop in Aug 2015 with Windows 10 pre- installed.   All Win10 updates are current.I've searched HP Support but cannot find this problem mentioned. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-display-touch-screen-goes-nuts-occasionally/td-p/5784349
Relevancy 50.74%

So I recently installed briefly. screen black occasionally One (Dual monitor) goes windows and got some issues with a screen going black for - seconds pretty randomly From what little pattern I've experienced it occasionally occurs when closing and opening tabs in Opera haven't tested with other browsers One screen (Dual monitor) occasionally goes black briefly. or other tab based software Mostly because of the randomness of when it happens it will be sort of difficult First I thought of graphic driver which is why I posted this here however there is one thing that have me slightly doubting that assumption I run dual monitors and only the one monitor in which the browser was placed had the black screen The other screen is perfectly fine on and not black Surely a driver problem of the graphic card such as a restart of the driver would blank out both screens I'm wondering if it could be some metro interference or something like that Anyone experienced anything similar with any idea how to sort it out Its nothing more then annoying but in the long run that will get bothersome PS Yes I have checked the wiring

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19062-one-screen-dual-monitor-occasionally-goes-black-briefly.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Similar problems as in this thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...esponding.html

Seems like any time I put any real load on my computer such as the games I enjoy I run into problems.

Problems: The game I am running frequently goes to "Not Responding" mode then comes back after a minute or two, only to repeat later. During this time any applications I switch to also go into "Not Responding" mode for awhile.

Occasionally the computer Black Screens and/or Restarts on its own. It does a disk check which takes forever.

Not sure if this is related but I noticed my System Rating Score dropped from 7.4 to 7.2 in the Component Categories of Graphics and Gaming Graphics. Even though my hardware is still the same. It is possible the 7.4 score was taken when crossfire was enabled.

A:Windows 7 Applications Not Responding Occasionally Black Screen

I think you have got a hardware issue, because you computer gives you BSOD when it gets load.
Maybe the PCB is damaged on your MB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165553-windows-7-applications-not-responding-occasionally-black-screen.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey few months back my comp was giving me this prob where it with reboots screen - blue occasionally random winxp would suddenly reboot and froze randomly at that winxp - random reboots with occasionally blue screen time I ve not made any winxp - random reboots with occasionally blue screen hardware modifications At first i ignored the problem and kept using the comp at my own leisure however as time passed the frequency of reboots become more often to a point where after sec from a reboot it would reboot again and occasionally after a reboot a blue screen will pop up mentioning that windows is experiencing a prob and dumping of physical memory begins which im not sure what is that about After many attempts at finding the source of the probn i gave up and decided to go ahead with reformatting the comp After a fresh install of winxp and all the usual programs I had the comp work like a breeze and i thought the problem was solved However after a month or so the problem arrive out of nowhere with the usual reboot froze blue screen with dumping of physical memory and also at times after a reboot the comp wouldnt start instead it plays a certain set of BEEP sound however when i turned the comp off and on the beep dissappears and the comp seems to work fine I dont want to keep reformatting the comp every months or so any help would be greatly appreciated Specs bout my comp Windows XP Pro DDR RAM Ghz Pentium Creative Audigy Geforce I ve updated all essential programs service pack and the utility drivers also did a anti-virus scan using kaspersky and spyware check using ad-aware yet the problem prevails nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,I have had this problem ever since I purchased the laptop.  The screen will go black/blank, but the backlight will still be on.  Can't do anything and have to turn off and restart.  It happens about once an hour or so.  Originally it happened less frequently/more when the power supply was not connected.  Now it happens regardless if the power supply is connected.  I also have text distortion on the screen at times.  I have tried to update display drivers/downgrade drivers, nothing has worked for me.  Really starting to get annoying.  Any suggestions?Thanks, Ginger4

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-3-1480-screen-goes-black-blank-occasionally/td-p/3418331
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi extremely laptop Dell shakes screen occasionally Wasn't sure what forum to post this in as there doesn't appear to be any troubleshooting specific forum Figured this may be a driver issue so here seemed as good Dell laptop screen occasionally shakes extremely a place as any My father has a dell laptop that is about - years old It originally came with winxp and vista dual booted on it recently I put windows ultimate on it as he wanted to use it The Dell laptop screen occasionally shakes extremely issue is that randomly the screen will start flickering and shaking violently to the point where you can't really make out anything The way it flickers or shakes will vary if you move the mouse around move the mouse down and it only shakes about an inch move it to the top and it shakes from one side to the other etc This never happened on XP but Dell laptop screen occasionally shakes extremely used to happen with vista too When it happened two years ago with vista I just switched him to XP and it worked fine Now that it's on it's happening again There's no video card in there it is using the onboard intel graphics I've tried updating the drives to the specific most recent intel windows drivers for that board but no dice I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and if it's something on I can just turn off like aero or something Any ideas Need any additional info

A:Dell laptop screen occasionally shakes extremely

ouch, no one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57880-dell-laptop-screen-occasionally-shakes-extremely.html