Windows Support Forum

when trying to remove orange arrow system is showing black

Q: when trying to remove orange arrow system is showing black

I was reviewing the info to remove orange arrows. There was a link to download in order to remove it. I downloaded and restarted and now I get arrow and black screen. I don't know what to do. I get the following error the windows system 32 tries to come up and then shows windows cannot find a file. Doesn't let me type anything in. When I press ok it goes away and it's black screen.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: when trying to remove orange arrow system is showing black

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: when trying to remove orange arrow system is showing black

Hello Leaps, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Not 100% sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are talking about the help tips like below.

Help Tips - Enable or Disable in Windows 8.1

If you mean that your whole screen is blank with just the pointer, then it sounds like you may need to either restart explorer. You can do this by pressing the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys to open Task Manager, click on File (menu bar) and Run new task, type explorer, and click on OK.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61175-when-trying-remove-orange-arrow-system-showing-black.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all Hope this finds all happy and healthy I have a wee bit of a problem I am using a windows desktop on a server which I log into via VMware Workstation for my course I am doing every so often usually soon after I log in I get this orange arrow that is driving me crazy that pops up the helpdesk at the school was not very helpful and I have searched the net and did a search on this 8 Solved: Arrow Orange Windows site maybe I am using the wrong words Anyway those hints I found so far are saying to either click to the right Solved: Windows 8 Orange Arrow and drag to the left or if I have a touch screen swipe it to the left arrow is on the left I do have a touch screen but it only applies to the desktop on my computer not the virtual desktop and clicking all around it and dragging or trying to move it does move the arrow slightly and it bounces right back when you let go of the mouse button if I log out and back in it goes for a short time but then its back again and can not see options that are under it I am only learning Windows and still finding my way about this Operating system any tips and ideas gratefully appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 8 Orange Arrow

For your touch screen main OS,

Open gpedit.msc (Just type that in the "Metro" screen)
Open User Configuration- Administrative Templates- Windows Components- and then, the item "Edge UI"
Double click on "Disable Help Tips", and set it to "Enabled"
Apply and exit Local Group Policy Editor.
As you do have a touch screen, and you are using a VM, I think you will have to do this ONLY in the VM, but I am unsure of this as I do not have access to a touchscreen device.
Again, same criteria applies, in the VM only, you could go into the device manager and disable to touchscreen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-8-orange-arrow.1125548/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm running 8.1 with the old-style desktop, not Metro tiles. If I switch to tiles, a big black rectangle appears on the LHS of my screen. In it is a big orange arrow and the words, 'Switch between apps. Swipe in from the edge to go back to the last app you were using.'

I'm using a laptop, not a tablet. I can't swipe.

Once the rectangle appears, it overlays the tiles screen; search results appear beneath it. When I return to the desktop, the rectangle stays. ESC doesn't get rid of it, nor do any other keys I can think of.

Could someone please tell me how to get rid of this unwelcome intruder?

Thanks,

Mary

A:Big orange arrow stays when I return to desktop

I had that happen too but it seems to have gone away on its own.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33559-big-orange-arrow-stays-when-i-return-desktop.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Anyone know how to remove this thing without having to unhide all your hidden icons?

A:Remove Arrow From System Tray/Notification Area

Uhhh.....you unhide icons thats the only way. Without the arrow how do you expect to open the hidden menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/161592-remove-arrow-system-tray-notification-area.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a toolbar on my taskbar titled "Programs". It has about eight folders in it. I made another toolbar, and placed it directly adjacent to the Programs toolbar, to obscure the eight folders and force it to be a dropdown menu.

Trouble is, as soon as I lock my taskbar, right next to the arrow that displays the eight items of my Programs toolbar in menu-form, one of the eight items is showing up as an icon, as if the other toolbar isn't close enough to the Programs toolbar in order to completely obscure the eight items.

Here's what I mean in graphic form:

It's bugging me to no end. Anyone else had this problem/resolved it?

A:Toolbar on taskbar should only be showing an arrow but is showing icon

Hello thewonkits, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I notice this happens when using small icons for a toolbar. If you like, you could unlock the taskbar, right click on the dotted separator line to the left of the two top far left toolbars (one at a time) click on View and Large Icons, then lock the taskbar to see if that may look ok to you. It will make the top row a bit bigger though.

Hopefully someone may know a better way to hide that bit of icon poking out when locked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230380-toolbar-taskbar-should-only-showing-arrow-but-showing-icon.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I noticed someting called IBryte in the system tray on one of our laptops. Looked it up and sounds like its Malware of some type?

Should I remove it and how? I tried but have been unable to..thanks for any help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-ibryte-that-is-showing-in-my-system-tray-and-how-do-i-remove-it.1068353/
Relevancy 59.77%

wireless f12 button just showing orange light ...tried removing the battery ...power button for 30 secs... reset the bios and all sorts updated the driver and so on...pls any proper information that might help me ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-f12-button-just-showing-orange-light/td-p/5722504
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all hoping someone can help me I have a Belkin Wireless N router which I ve been using with no issues up until recently Since about weeks ago the internet light keeps going orange at random When this light appears I am then unable to get a wireless network in my house I ve ran an ipconfig all below to see if that helps someone solve my problem Microsoft Windows Router Belkin Internet light Wireless Orange randomly showing Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Belkin Wireless Router Internet light randomly showing Orange Configuration Host Name PC-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - C- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d eae f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b d c b f fdfb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d c b f fdfb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B D - B- A- - DB br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PC gt nbsp

A:Belkin Wireless Router Internet light randomly showing Orange

How To Power Cyle

“Power Cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router.

1) Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.

2) Wait at least 30 seconds.

3) Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.

4) First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.

5) Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.

6) Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try that the next time the light turns orange.

If it continues, I would contact Belkin and ask if it's common and if there is a simple explanation for it.

If not, then the router is probably dying. How old is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-router-internet-light-randomly-showing-orange.1024575/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am running Windows 7. I picked up the FBI virus and thought I removed it with Malwarebytes and CCleaner.
Here's what's happening now.
If I attempt to start Windows normally --- the screen turns black with an active white arrow where the sign in screen should be.
I get the same black screen when I try to enter in safe mode or safe mode with networking.
F8 allows me to access Repair Your Computer.
The startup repair does not detect anything.
When I run a System Restore it gives me an error that I couldn't load C (0x8000ffff)
Anyone have ANY idea how I can fix this issue working with what I have going on?
Thanks!

A:Black Screen, White Arrow HELP!

Hi try the suggestion here System Restore failed to extract the file (C:\) from - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-white-arrow-help-666845.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok be ready theres alot of text for how I got here First off its not a hardware issue cause I am typeing this on the same P C useing ubuntu linux nd its not the dual boot messing up things idk could be but I had the issue before installing linux Anyways my pc has been giving me problems for a while now right as I was getting ready to get rid of vista and get This issue started from antoher issue My computer was being beaten to near death from neglect not hardware the O S running a core quad geforce ti gpu watt psu gb of ram not the best but gets my job done Anyways My computer had a glitch were it would freeze at the windows load screen by some key of doom with screen arrow Black miracle I manged to log in I then downloaded and ran kill to disable virus that attacked my anti virus Black screen with arrow key of doom anti virus said system was clean it obviously wasnt cause r kill disabled some stuff Then installed and ran spybot search and destroy and malewarebytes And finished off by Black screen with arrow key of doom running combofix which I just updated After all viruses were gone I decided to run cleaner I then downloaded unbutu just incase P C crash again with the windows installer for it to dual boot Didnt install it yet it had the files ready to install on next boot outside of windows at boot screen where I select O S Then after hours of work decided to reward myself with a game of tries ascend pc crashed after a few hours After crash I kept getting a blue screen with a reset at the vista splash screen even in all the f options that would just repeat The blue screen said x x x BB xC x So i put in a windows repair disc go to command prompt and do a Chkdsk C r to fix my pc after that I get pass the windows splash screen with the green bar just to see something worse a black screen with arrow key in the middle I can move mouse around I tried BOOTREC FIXMBR Chkdsk C f BOOTREC FIXBOOT says it cant do it for some reason BOOTREC REBUILDCD says theres window instilations found Only f option that works is repair computers does same crap as boot CD Repair option says PC is has no issues I have no clue what to do I already tried to ctr alt delete doesent work btw i can move mouse around BTW If theres any solution that can be done with keeping all my files or a way to move over to linux then fix windows and move em back that would be great

A:Black screen with arrow key of doom

Test the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic software. You will need to use the DOS version which runs from a bootable CD in order to test the system hard drive, since you should not attempt to test a system drive using the OS that's on it. The links are here:
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-arrow-key-of-doom-664493.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok be ready theres alot of text for how I got here First off screen Black key arrow doom with of its not a hardware issue cause I am typeing this on the same P C useing ubuntu linux nd its not the dual boot messing up things idk could be but I had the issue before installing linux Anyways my pc has been giving me problems for a while now right as I was getting ready to get rid of vista and get This Black screen with arrow key of doom issue started from antoher issue My computer was being beaten to near death from neglect not hardware the O S running a core quad geforce ti gpu Black screen with arrow key of doom watt psu gb of ram not the best but gets my job done Anyways My computer had a glitch were it would freeze at the windows load screen by some miracle I manged to log in I then downloaded and ran kill to disable virus that attacked my anti virus anti virus said system was clean it obviously wasnt cause r kill disabled some stuff Then installed and ran spybot search and destroy and malewarebytes And finished off by running combofix which I just updated After all viruses were gone I decided to run cleaner I then downloaded unbutu just incase P C crash again with the windows installer for it to dual boot Didnt install it yet it had the files ready to install on next boot outside of windows at boot screen where I select O S Then after hours of work decided to reward myself with a game of tries ascend pc crashed after a few hours After crash I kept getting a blue screen with a reset at the vista splash screen even in all the f options that would just repeat The blue screen said x x x BB xC x So i put in a windows repair disc go to command prompt and do a Chkdsk C r to fix my pc after that I get pass the windows splash screen with the green bar just to see something worse a black screen with arrow key in the middle I can move mouse around I tried BOOTREC FIXMBR Chkdsk C f BOOTREC FIXBOOT says it cant do it for some reason BOOTREC REBUILDCD says theres window instilations found Only f option that works is repair computers does same crap as boot CD Repair option says PC is has no issues I have no clue what to do I already tried to ctr alt delete doesent work btw i can move mouse around I already tried to ctr alt delete doesent work btw i can move mouse around BTW If theres any solution that can be done with keeping all my files or a way to move over to linux then fix windows and move em back that would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-arrow-key-of-doom.1067895/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently factory restored my computer and I restarted it. It starts and goes through the windows icon/logo thingy and then to just a black screen with a green box with an arrow in it. Please help

Relevancy 57.19%

Im trying to help a coworker out his Toshiba stopped booting wouldn't even get to the opening windows icon I have Windows recovery disk so when I asked him what of Death Black Arrow Screen with OS he had he said Windows so I figured easy fix So Black Screen of Death with Arrow I make a repair disk from my Windows notebook put it in his im able to boot and finally get to the system repair box I choose System repair hours later it asks me to restart So I restart and nothing is fixed So I restart F and get to the safe mode options screen I have chosen each option and nothing ever happens Screen stays black So I restart once again and this time I try a system recovery from HDD nothing disk error code I try my recovery disk and nothing So Black Screen of Death with Arrow I try something diff I Black Screen of Death with Arrow read on pc tech I think that ppl have been able to fix issues using Ubunto so I download run it off a disk not fully installing it Wont let me fix anything or check disk So I tell my buddy I can get it to work by just installing Ubunto as the OS He agrees as I go to install Ubunto it states I currently have Vista installed and if I am sure I want to replace it or partition it So his Toshiba has Vista NOT Win I tried downloading a safe copy of Vista sp iso but cant get that to burn to a dvd I keep getting error I tried nero Cyberlink Power DVD ISO recorder windows usb dvd download tool NONE will burn the ISO So I find another copy of Vista but its in the WIM and EXE files and I cant figure out how to convert into an ISO file I tried cdimage exe but the vista file is too large to fit in my D ROOT Drive ANY IDEAS Really need help I bit off more than I can chew and I really want to help this guy out he has fallin on hard times and his daughter is the one that uses the notebook for school work

A:Black Screen of Death with Arrow

Did you try IMGBurn? That's by far the best & easiest software I've ever used to burn an ISO to make a bootable disk. It's difficult helping people when they don't even know what system they are using, my sympathies.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300993-black-screen-death-arrow.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Recently I have been having an issue where the screen will randomly go completely orange or sometimes black. It takes me rebooting my computer to resolve it.

I have ran a diagnostics and it says there is nothing wrong. All drivers are updated. The LCD was replaced about 4 months ago.

The only thing I have done recently was reformat my hard drive. I used the win xp cd it came with but had to create my own driver cd before hand as I couldn't find the one it came with. I am kind of wondering if maybe I installed drivers in the wrong order and maybe that is what is causing the issue...as it never did this before reformatting.

Is there something you could recommend or do you think it could be the drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Oh I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 running windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-goes-orange-or-black.888057/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok here is my issue I have a Dell Dimension 4700 with and ATI Radeon X1850 pro. It was working fine then when I woke up the next morning and turned on the computer it acted like it was fine except no picture came on the screen and the LED stayed and orange color I checked the tower and all the LEDs where still green. I tried removing the video card and using the on board video card and got the same thing. I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked so i know it is not that any other suggestions?

Edit nevermind i pulled one of the memory sticks and it started working again so it looks like it is just a case of bad RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-and-orange-led-on-moniter.81376/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I had the glitch which didn't let me pin items to the taskbar, so I removed the shortcut arrow through registry. Restarted and everything worked fine, no shortcut arrow and I could pin items.

However I restarted my comp again and now the desktop items have block boxes where the shortcut arrow should be, it's not transparent.

Any help!?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Thanks.

A:Desktop icons have black box instead of shortcut arrow!

Ok so I restored to an earlier date because no one could help here. Got the shortcut arrows however the glitch seems to have gone away, now I can still pin icons even with the shortcut arrow on the icons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-icons-have-black-box-instead-of-shortcut-arrow-561167.html
Relevancy 56.76%

For no apparent reason, there is a little black box on my screen with a white open, compacted arrow in it and inside the arrow an 'A' (see screenshot). The screenshot shows Mediaplayer open but it is there constantly, independent of which program I am using. It seems 'dead': clicking on it (either right or left) results in nothing. How can I remove it? Now that I have made the screenshot, suddenly there is an arrow through it.
Thanks for advice! IJmir

A:Unknown little black box with arrow and 'A' in it stays on the screen

since when is this house appearing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/203089-unknown-little-black-box-arrow-stays-screen.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have three computers that are running XP pro that begin boot-up, show the xp logo and green scrolling bar, then go to a black screen with a white arrow cursor that is movable--I have tried safe mode--same thing--have tried tp do a repair using the OEM cd--nothing helps, still can't boot.

A:black screen with movable white arrow

Does all of the 3 computers does that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266659/black-screen-with-movable-white-arrow/
Relevancy 56.76%

Dear HP Expert,I have 13-g110dx split x2.    Problem:   When I press "ON"  I hear a jolt vibration,  and an orange LED light turns on, the screen stays black.    Nothing after that.   Stays black for two minutes; then the screen lights in "night blue" on the background.(Please see picture at bottom) I HAVE TRIED:  hard reset,  tried going into the BIOS (by holding windows+B).   No luck. Please help with steps to fix.   Will appreciate it.  Thank you.   

A:split X2 will not boot. Black screen, one orange LED but n...

Hi @Ex-Parte, Thank you for the inquiry, I will do my best to assist you. I understand that the computer starts but the screen remains black or blank. You have tried a hard reset and restoring the bios with the Windows key +B but there has been no change. As the notebook came with Windows 8 installed, I am assuming that has not changed.HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me apprised of your progress. Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution?  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon? below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/split-X2-will-not-boot-Black-screen-one-orange-LED-but/td-p/5774168
Relevancy 56.76%

This may not be the correct place to post - but it is a starting point Please what? cpu screen. frozen or light orange. black is by all means point me in the right direction Problem Screen goes black The power light is orange on the monitor Checking the CPU Tower - the on off button is ORANGE Moving the mouse - Pressing keys - does nothing To turn the computer OFF I pressed and held the on off button On starting the computer back up - everything seemed to be fine I then started running virus scans ie Norton black screen. cpu light is orange. frozen or what? MS AntiSpyWare and many others During ONE of the scans - while I was away the computer again quot turned off quot It happened again when running Quickbooks - however I had just entered data - and turned away - ie - sadly - not watching if anything was happening Dell support was interesting While the computer is out of warranty - I was not expecting the following The Dell rep HUNG up on me I guess it was because I questioned removing the coin-battery as a solution Was ok with quot reseating quot the hard drive cables - but why the battery Sadly I ve been at this computer for minutes now and it has not turned off Sadly If you have any ideas let me know Oh yes black screen. cpu light is orange. frozen or what? I tried different power black screen. cpu light is orange. frozen or what? cords plugged into a different UPS plug help www schiffkey com email protected nbsp

A:black screen. cpu light is orange. frozen or what?

is it getting HOT - it could be overheating ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-cpu-light-is-orange-frozen-or-what.442446/
Relevancy 56.33%

Using the search feature, I have attempted to remove the icon arrows using REGEDIT, however in my PC, the registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons does not appear. Instead, the key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers
is listed.

Help?

A:Remove icon arrow Win 7 64 Bit

Hello Red, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below may be able to help with this. I would recommend using OPTION ONE instead if you like though. It's much easier to use.

Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/225791-remove-icon-arrow-win-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad - ISK It runs windows and I with Startup Mouse Black Laptop Screen arrow recently installed an update for Windows Anniversary Update Everything was working fine for a day Today I double clicked on FIFA to play Laptop Startup Black Screen with Mouse arrow the game when I received an application error I searched on the net and found that restarting the machine easily solves the error So restart I did And the problem started The first Laptop Startup Black Screen with Mouse arrow Lenovo screen appeared And after it a black screen appeared Not fully back but with a gradient and I could move my mouse arrow Nothing happened after that it just got stuck there I tried to press shift F while starting and the repair menu came I tried to go into safe mode but the same problem persisted I haven't tried opening the battery and pushing it back in again because there is no separate battery chamber that can be opened in my laptop To take out the battery I would have to unscrew the whole of my back panel which I am not touching since the laptop is still in the warranty period and I am afraid that opening the back lid may hamper with the warranty The laptop is only a few weeks old What should I do Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-startup-black-screen-mouse-arrow-4601840/
Relevancy 55.9%

st Post HP Pavilion laptop AMD Turion X Vista SP with update as of early January Always have problems booting specifically hard disc errors reported chkdsk Boots black on arrow cursor to screen Vista runs fixes problems boots up Then seemed like hard disc crashed New hard disk Vista Boots to cursor arrow on black screen and reinstall Vista and apps supplied by HP with recovery disc There is no quot repair quot option or I can't find it Replaced disc again Same problems Am convinced it is Vista hosing my laptop up New problem Windows boots to a black screen with the cursor arrow in the center I can move the cursor with the mouse but that is all it will do No other key strkes seem to have an effect In lieu of formatting and re-installing the OS and apps per the HP supplied recovery CD's is there anyway to get past this F does not give a quot repair Vista Boots to cursor arrow on black screen quot option I'll upgrade to Windows as soon as this is recovered Hate to loose my data and have to reinstall all after market apps AGAIN Thanks in advance for any guidance John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-boots-to-cursor-arrow-on-black-screen-468736.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi My machine started up one morning in the dos type page syaing it was going with the a vista black cursor loads arrow screen just as to do a check for incapatiblities on my hard drive i have seen this before and ususally only takes about mins at the most after an hour it was still goin strong it seems to be saying the security ID number were wrong or corrupt or somethign and were fixing them it was reapeating this line continually but the number would be one hight each time for the security ID number the battery ran out on my machine as i did nto know it would take that long and now when it loads up it looks like it is loading up normally but just fisishes loading with a black screen and just the wondow vista loads as a black screen with just the arrow cursor cursor button even vista loads as a black screen with just the arrow cursor in safe mode it does the same i even tried to load up open source OS to try to move my files over to protect them incase i had to reformat but it just said all the files were empty it did ot seem to recognise them i do have the lasted mcafee by the way so dont think it was a virus i have found some sites where it says you can do a vista repair but i didnt have any windows vista disk it came with it on andno disks at all i cannot sem to activate the windows repair as i just hav a black screen i relaly woudl like to try to repair it and avoid losing all my work on the laptop but i cannot even see how i can do a reformat as i cannot see the screen any help is most appreicated as i desperatly need to have the machien up and running thanks

A:vista loads as a black screen with just the arrow cursor

hi i have managed to get a start up disc for vista and it runs and says there is not problem with the start up and no erros, so i am not sure what to donext as i cannot get to the recovery drive to reformat even as a last resort.

nay ideas please throw my way i am desperate

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209085/vista-loads-as-a-black-screen-with-just-the-arrow-cursor/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am stuck at a black screen with a white arrow you can move with your mouse. right click does nothing. heres what i tried so far just linking to another forum so its easier to see where i am at. really want to avoid having to reinstall windows.

My server gets the windows splash and then a white arrow heres what i tried so far - AVS Forum

A:cant get into desktop get a black screen with a white moving arrow tha

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I would initially try a startup repair if you have a Windows DVD or a System Repair disc.

Startup Repair

If you don't have either, check here: System Repair Disc - Create

You can also try a repair install: Repair Install

This shouldn't affect your personal files or any applications you have installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219006-cant-get-into-desktop-get-black-screen-white-moving-arrow-tha.html
Relevancy 55.9%

TIA for any help I've searched the forum for a solution as I've seen others have had a similar problem I think I've tried every solution suggested so I thought I'd start a new thread perhaps to find my solution so here is my saga I upgraded from Vista to Windows bit final not a clean install on an HP M T desktop Everything worked fine until the final restart System will start I get the colored thingees I get the Welcome screen when it should go to my desktop I get only a black screen with the arrow in the middle Even if I boot into safe mode I still only get the black screen I've tried reinstalling x I can hit CRTL ALT DEL and get to the task screen Win7 after Black install 64bit arrow manager and I can run task programs go on-line etc Ran the Nvidia control applet the monitor is set to native resolution hz Don't know if that is causing a problem I've changed it but it doesn't seem to stay set Other than the DVI output I've tried VGA and HDMI outputs to several different screens from the GS video card no change I even browsed to the Nvidia site and installed their latest Windows bit WHQL drivers I've disconnected everything except the keyboard monitor and mouse I've pulled every card out of it except the video card no Black screen arrow after Win7 64bit install change HELP Black screen arrow after Win7 64bit install

A:Black screen arrow after Win7 64bit install

Quote: Originally Posted by Brew

I upgraded from Vista64 to Windows7 64bit final (not a clean install) on an HP M9300T desktop.

Hi Brew, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums. Lets see if we can get you going!

According to HP, they did not support either the Beta or RC:

Upgrading to Windows 7 HP Pavilion Elite m9300t CTO Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (Singapore - English)

I suspect your issue is with Intel chipset drivers, although one would think the Vista drivers would work ... hey ... its HP ... right? If you haven't already, I would suggest you try installing with the onboard Intel video. This page from Intel's site offers Windows 7 compatible chipset (and video) drivers for the G33 chipset:

Intel® G33 Express Chipset? Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7 Release Candidate (zip)

If you are able to successfully install 7, then you can go about adding your Nvidia graphics card.

Please let us know if this has helped you?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/22911-black-screen-arrow-after-win7-64bit-install.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I am running vista basic in a Toshiba Satellite A215 I was uninstalling firefox when my computer stalled. I tried to reboot, the loading bar came up, after that the screen went black with a mouse cursor arrow. I tried safe mode. Same result. I tried "0 + power" method for factory default. Same result. I dont have the recovery cd. Is there any way to restore factory default without it?  Thanks, RayEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Toshiba Satellite Black Screen White Arrow

Possibly useful, http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Unable-to-restore-laptop-to-factory-settings/td-p/311868 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495143/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-white-arrow/
Relevancy 55.9%

I was doing an update on System Mechanic software and used the restart prompt. My system black screened with no cursor. Nothing but black, no flashes of anything.  I've tried resetting battery, bios, recovery dics won't boot, no safe mode, cable to other monitor. I at a loss. This was not a Windows 10 upgrade. I even tried booting with My windows 10 install usb....nothing.   Is My hard drive toast. I've reset the hard drive and the memory cards. I'm running a solid state HD.  Ideas

A:Black screen on restart, no cursor , just orange network, bl...

#HPExpertDayRefer:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674 and http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922 and http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-on-restart-no-cursor-just-orange-network/td-p/5626067
Relevancy 55.9%

When I turn the laptop on, the fan starts, and the power lights come on. Then, the wifi LED lights up and stays solid. The screen stays black. Once that sequence is finished, nothing else happens. Power stays on, fan stays on, power LEDs and wifi LED stay on solid. Caps and numlock LEDs don't come on when pressed. I've tried a hard reset and swapping the memory slot. I'm guessing it's the main board, but I don't want to buy and replace that if it's not the problem.

A:Power comes on, fan comes on, wifi solid orange, black scree...

99% it's the motherboard. Do you have the actual model number of your laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-comes-on-fan-comes-on-wifi-solid-orange-black-screen/td-p/5616236
Relevancy 55.9%

Purchased this non working computer for nbsp The screen is black the caps lock light blinks and the wifi light is lit in orange nbsp At the time you could hear everything boot up in the computer the fan would run lit blinks orange wifi Black and in cap lock Screen, the harddrive would boot up so I watched some videos on black screen problems on youtube got it up and running nbsp nbsp However it was a Black Screen, cap lock blinks and wifi lit in orange tease it worked for less than a month nbsp I didnt fix the problem which was over heating nbsp I did buy quadfans to go underneath it but turned them off at night and shouldnt have nbsp I scheduled the computer to check for updates at am so the computer would come on then and the fans wouldnt nbsp nbsp Well the black screen issue is backkkk nbsp The fan doesnt start up the harddrive tries nbsp This time nothing is fixing it nbsp Ive torn it down to the motherboard to replace the fan nbsp I replaced Black Screen, cap lock blinks and wifi lit in orange and upgraded the harddrive and memory still nothing nbsp It also has a new battery and power cord nbsp Any suggestions as to what the problem may be Solved View Solution

A:Black Screen, cap lock blinks and wifi lit in orange

Hello @Kureeeus1, Thank you for the quick reply! Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code I hope this helps.   Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-Screen-cap-lock-blinks-and-wifi-lit-in-orange/td-p/5572983
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the arrow in the bottom left corner of a shorctcut?

Relevancy 55.9%

How do I remove the Arrow from the Pictogrames?
I want it like this:
But I did in before on my old 8.1 install, only I can't after that add the pictograms in my taskbar.

PS: I don't want any app's, but something else, in the registry or like that..

A:Remove arrow from pictogrames. windows 8.1

Hello Turbo,

Option Three in the tutorial below can help you to remove the shortcut arrow overlay on the icons of shortcuts.

Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44884-remove-arrow-pictogrames-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

In windows XP there was a program called tweekxp that could remove the little arrow swoosh icon in the lower left corner of your shortcut icon. I was wondering if there was a way to remove the icons without having to download anything in windows 7?

A:Way to remove shortcut arrow thing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-restore.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/84500-way-remove-shortcut-arrow-thing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

How do you remove the down arrows in the picture below? When I click on programs I want to be able to see all programs without having to click on the down arrows. I know its something small but it has been bugging me for ages.

A:Remove down arrow from start menu

Right-click taskbar, properties, start menu tab, customize, then uncheck "use personalized menus"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-down-arrow-from-start-menu-422771.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all I have a neighbor's Dell Inspiron desktop computer with a bootup failure When powered it displays the BIOS screen allowing access to the setup screens as well as the boot device option with arrow Vista cursor Black Screen Windows White In addition pressing the F key does allow access to the expanded options including Safe Mode and the Repair options The System Dell Inspiron Windows Vista Home Premium OS AMD Dual-core processor GB of DDR RAM Single SATA hard drive Single SATA DVD R RW drive When booted in Normal mode the Windows Vista scrolling Windows Vista Black Screen with White cursor arrow bars are displayed briefly before the screen goes black with a white arrow pointer The arrow pointer freely moves about the desktop when directed with the mouse However black screen remains until the time limit is reached for the screen-saver to start At this point the Windows Vista logo displays and the default screensaver application starts The same result is obtained when booting under Safe Mode I have tried other options via the F screen results were the same Last known good configuration Lower video resolution Using the Repair Windows function I was able to bring up the various options Tried a startup repair and indicated everything was fine Tried to restore the computer to an earlier time and was told there were no restoration points to reference I tried Command Prompt and found that I was able to move about the directory tree of the C drive In addition I have tried booting the system from Linux live media and have found that even though the machine is equipped with a DVD drive only iso files burned to CDs will function with this computer Live DVDs do not seem to be readable I do not have the original installation discs for the machine nor any repair discs Wondering if anyone has any ideas of what options to try short of wiping the HD and re-installing another OS Thanks

A:Windows Vista Black Screen with White cursor arrow

Get to the Command Prompt and type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and Reboot the system. Check Disk will start at next bootup and will take a while. It will search for bad sectors and try to repair them as well as fix orphaned files.
You also can press F12 when booting up and do the Dell Diagnostics.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-black-screen-with-white-cursor-arrow-1030457.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tonight when I was going to load the program FIXIT got it free with my turbotax. I noticed that a new icon that I can not tell what it is, is on the task bar. It flashes orange, when I click it the screen goes black. This icon will not let me open it. If I click on it, screen goes black, click again screen opens up. If I do not click it the screen goes black. I have no idea what it is except annoying. I am using an older dell and monitor. Thank you for your time.

A:New unknown icon on taskbar flashes orange then monitor goes black

Uninstall the "free" program which in all likelihood involves a registry cleaner that will end up damaging your machine.

Don't click it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-unknown-icon-on-taskbar-flashes-orange-then-monitor-goes-black.986900/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys,

Let me first tell you how awesome this site has been over the last couple of days. I have been messing with my computer; had to format 4 times and learned allot

All the info I needed was right here, However now i'm kinda in a pickle.

I'm trying to remove the Arrow key from the logon screen.

My first guess would be its also in the Authui.dll, but thats a dangerous file to go messing about if your not sure ^^.

Now if anyone could tell me I would be ever so greatfull.

Best of regards.

A:Remove Arrow on logon screen in windows 7

Welcome to the Seven Forums
You are correct it is in the authui.dll in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 they are in a bitmap folder depending on your DPI setting they could be any of the following that I have highlighted below in the screenshot.
You will need a resource hacker of some kind to extract the images and edit them and then import them back in.

Then you will need to take ownership, give yourself permission, rename and replace the authui.dll look at post #6 of this thread Basic Networking Information will show you how to do that.
If you need more help with this let me know.
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/236567-remove-arrow-logon-screen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

this started couple days ago.when i hover on the words an ad pops up.it is frustrating.i have ad block but i don't think it works.message edited by wadha

A:how do i remove the green arrow on some words on safari?

Run this little freebie on it, it's quite quick and often finds this sort of stuff:AdwCleaner:https://toolslib.net/downloads/view...(blue "Download Now" button on right).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run the program. Use the "Scan" button, followed by the "Clean" button.Please copy/paste the log on here.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-do-i-remove-the-green-arrow-on-some-words-on-safari/40361.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I posted this on the malware thread too but I m not sure if it goes there or here My husband screen w/ except start Login arrow mode safe is and Black Help! white can't got HDD Control malware on his computer XP SP this morning and has spent all day trying to get it off He used a suggestion in the forum of trying Superantispywear and it seemed to work However after about min of being able to use his computer again it started to randomly play bits of audio again but he did have control of the computer again That wasn t OK He updated the SuperAntispyware and tried to scan again He was skype chatting to friends during the scan and he decided to close some windows The computer Help! Login screen is Black w/ white arrow and can't start except safe mode slowed to Help! Login screen is Black w/ white arrow and can't start except safe mode a crawl and he had to restart Well we did various things to try and get it started safe mode etc but the main problem now is that he can t get past the login screen It s black w the white arrow That s it Nothing else He can get it to boot in save mode but that s about it He doesn t have a Windows CD his computer didn t come w it so he can t use window s application any help is desperately needed Thanks Kara nbsp

A:Help! Login screen is Black w/ white arrow and can't start except safe mode

Hi Kara,

I got this trojan today too, and it took me all evening to fix.

First I tried Avast but I got part way into its scan twice and my computer shut down. For a while it wouldn't let me do anything, not even open Chrome to go online, but after another shut down and restart, it allowed me to open Chrome. This time I did not touch or try to shut the fake warning pop up.

I went to Microsoft.com and downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials (free) and scanned my computer. It took a long time but it found the trojan and then deleted it. After restarting, everything seems back to normal, I just had to delete the HDD Control desktop icon.

Maybe if you keep rebooting it will eventually restart so that you can do something. Otherwise, I'd take it to a repair place and see if they can get it to restart for you and then use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-login-screen-is-black-w-white-arrow-and-cant-start-except-safe-mode.964415/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log collector tool since I cannot use my computer at all. It stays on the black screen even if I let it sit for hours. It's possible that I backed up a Windows 10 file when originally upgrading from WIN7 but I'm not sure and if so, it would be on an external hard drive. What can I do? Please help. Thank you so much.

Mike
US Navy

A:Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load

Please follow this guide here & edit your thread & upload files accordingly to enable to us to help you more quickly. BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36577-stuck-black-screen-large-cursor-arrow-windows-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

When I power on my Compaq Presario, the screen remains black, the key next to the power button is orange, the Caps Lock key is blinking and a light blinks above the "home, end, num lock keys", in the upper portion of the keyboard. I have tried taking out the battery, unplugging the power and holding the power button for 60 seconds, before trying it again, and I am not getting anything...HELP!!

A:Compaq Presario CQ61 Black sreen-orange button next to power

Try re-seating the Ram. If that doesn't help remove the Cmos battery for a few minutes then put it back, it looks like a silver coin and should be visible near the ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-cq61-black-sreen-orange-button-next-to-power.1127571/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello!

I would like to remove the ?tasks? list from the Windows 7 start menu.
Is this possible?

I?ve found a couple of similar hits but no success yet
Any way to disable jump list arrows from pinned items on start menu?

I would like a general solution for everything, but a solution per program is okay too. Any ideas?

Best regards from Skalman

A:Start menu - Remove task list (arrow)

Hi and welcome to Sevenforums,
If you look at option 1's screen shot it shows both Privacy boxes Unchecked is this how you have your settings ?
Start Menu - Customize

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/333664-start-menu-remove-task-list-arrow.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Could anyone tell me how to get rid of these arrows?unspecified_zpsa4b47161.jpg Photo by Robert_Cunha | Photobucket

A:Remove green box with white arrow overlay on icons?

Most likely it's a program you've installed for viewing/managing your images that is causing that. What graphics editors do you have installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352063-remove-green-box-white-arrow-overlay-icons.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Without prompting, black screen on boot-up appeared today, windows 7 system fix does not fix problem.

Apparently I had no restore points saved, or if I did, they are now gone.  I frankly don't remember if I had any.

I came across a topic here handled by Marius, which showed how to run FRST64 (I run windows 7 64 bit professional).

When I ran it, no fixlist was generated.  the text file for the run results showed everything whitelisted so far as I could tell, with no system restore points.

Any suggestions?  Will post text file from frst64, if thought helpful. 

Mod Edit:  Deleted FRST data, nof allowed/used in this forum, see No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ - Hamluis.

A:black death screen, ineffectual arrow cursor, frst64 finds no fixes

This is the topic I had been following, with Marius.

Frankly, prior to finding this thread, I thought I might simply have video hardware issue, as I've been using the motherboard video architecture since I built the computer, and have never added a new card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545141/cant-boot-goes-to-blinking-white-cursor-on-black-screen/?hl=+windows%20+black%20+screen%20+boot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548486/black-death-screen-ineffectual-arrow-cursor-frst64-finds-no-fixes/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am trying to remove empty folders using Remove Empty Directories. I know of a few that are empty, and just ran a test to see if RED would detect they were empty. Well, to my surprise, I am finding that RED shows 1 (or more) file in these folders (a JPG at 0.00 MB), but it's not showing up in the folder. Is there any way I can have these show up in folders so I can search for all JPG's and delete them? Example:

I do have "Show hidden files, folders and drives" checked under folder options as well.

A:File not showing up in folder,but showing up in Remove Empty Directori

Hi,

You could try running JPG Cleaner v2.6

I use this software on a regular basis. I'd suggest limiting it's use to only one problem folder on your machine as a test run.

Run the program with admin rights then from the GUI choose Add Folder then browse to your test folder. Additionally choose the option to delete Unknown Files and also untick the option to Create Backup Files.

Then choose Start and when the cleanup is completed there is an option to save a log file. Save the log file somewhere and have a look at it to view the results.

Additionally you could run the program again choosing the Delete Corrupt Files option.

If you're happy with the results - go ahead and add the other remaining folders or directories to be cleaned.

I've never encountered any problems using this software but as always before running any sort of cleaning product it's best to at least create a system restore point to fall back on and ideally have a system image backup handy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319757-file-not-showing-up-folder-but-showing-up-remove-empty-directori.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so I have the asus rampage formula motherboard It comes with some utilities ASUS probe heck mgr) in I device the can (keeps permanently how remove device showing system a for temp readings how the heck can I permanently remove a system device (keeps showing in device mgr) voltages AIBooster and some other stuff how the heck can I permanently remove a system device (keeps showing in device mgr) The only one I installed was ASUS probe because I thought it would be useful however I ll get a BSOD randomly even when not using the asus probe program associated with the driver quot ASACPI sys quot which when I look it up is a driver for the quot ATK ACPI Utility quot in device manager I remove ASACPI sys from my system now no more BSODs but every type I restart the hardware manager comes up asking me to install ATK ACPI Utility I don t want it and can t permanantly get rid of it I even tried going to the windows inf folder found the oem inf file that corresponded to this device deleted it and it still shows up It shows up under device manager under system devices as quot unknown device quot every time I start my computer nbsp

A:how the heck can I permanently remove a system device (keeps showing in device mgr)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-the-heck-can-i-permanently-remove-a-system-device-keeps-showing-in-device-mgr.743268/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Sometimes when I plug in my laptop to the mains the charging light goes to orange to signify it s charging the battery After a period of time it goes off and starts flashing like this http ompldr org vYTkzZQ IMG JPG http ompldr org vYTkzZg IMG JPG This is whilst it s turned off When it s turned on the power button light starts flashing orange and a darker orange It seems to happen sporadically One day it ll be fine the next it won t I ve put a voltmeter on the charger plug 7720G Lights Charging Flashing Orange Acer Orange/Deeper and that reads volt whilst plugged to the mains When I plug the charger in and place the voltmeter on the negative and ground connectors for the battery it reads volts The battery works I ve recently replaced it Acer 7720G Charging Lights Flashing Orange/Deeper Orange because the old one died I ve also checked that when fully charged with the voltmeter and that Acer 7720G Charging Lights Flashing Orange/Deeper Orange works as specified in the user manual found at http www shared com file f f e SG AS G BOOK html s Whilst it is like this the battery does not charge and the computer runs as if it were on battery power not plugged in whilst the lights flash When I remove the plug it stops flashing and the left light shows a solid green as does the power button light Does anyone know what these lights are supposed to indicate It makes no mention of it in the guide Thank you for your time Regards Blaggard P S the missing key still works it s just missing I ve not gotten round to get a replacement keyboard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-7720g-charging-lights-flashing-orange-deeper-orange.1016666/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I can't seem to capture if vbkeyleft or vbkeyright as a trigger in a sheet.

.... by change etc.

some code like

case select vbkeypress or last key pressed
case = vbkeyleft
.... code
case vbkeyright
.... code
case else
exit sub
end select

The fact is tht I press the arrow key and no change occurs but I do want to capture the fact one of the two arrow keys has been pressed.

Help appreciated

A:Solved: Excel vba detect if the Left Arrow or Right Arrow has been pressed

It's not solved but nobody looked, so I think it's over the top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-detect-if-the-left-arrow-or-right-arrow-has-been-pressed.894699/
Relevancy 52.46%

Anyone have any idea how to make sys tray arrow transparent? I don't want to remove system tray i just want to hide it so i still have access to icons in it.Thx in advance.

Relevancy 51.17%

I would like to change the color of system tray arrow from white to black (in the right corner of the taskbar, when you press it, it shows hiden system tray icons). I have Win7 Style Builder, but can't find this option. Can anyone help?

A:How to change the color of system tray arrow?

That is at Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > Button
and
Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > Button:Open

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/256048-how-change-color-system-tray-arrow.html
Relevancy 51.17%

help! my computer is possessed!! - i have a compaq laptop which i forgot to turn off last night - hit the power button, and when it looked like it was powering up, the screen turned orange and a blue message box showed lsass.exe - system error - then it started powering off and back on with the same symptoms, a few times, until I finally hit the power button and was able to turn it off completely.
do i have a virus? was someone trying to highjack me (got a spoof paypal email yesterday)
and can anyone please help me try to fix it? thanks

A:lsass.exe - system error - orange screen !!

Hello and Welcome to TSF

If the system is booting, Look over the First Steps at Removing Malware

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lsass-exe-system-error-orange-screen-186544.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello!
If you know how to remove only "Selected Shortcut arrow" in Windows7 please tell me. I have "Dropbox" shortcut in my desktop i want remove its arrow so if you know that please tell me. I don't remove my PC all shortcuts arrows.

A:How to remove only "Selected Shortcut arrow"?

I can't test this as I have all my arrows disabled. But try changing the icon manually.

Shortcut - Change Icon

Right click the shortcut and choose properties

On shortcut tab choose change icon

Browse to the location where you saved your replacement icon

drop_box48x48.zip for instance

(save somewhere it will stay, my documents, pictures, etc.) and ok and/or apply your way out.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118298-how-remove-only-selected-shortcut-arrow.html
Relevancy 46.87%

7/22/2016This laptop had issues with hundreds of pop ups ad's and message screens warning me to call immediately a specific # or Windows would crash ect, ect.  I went to a website on 7/18/2016  titled malwaretips.com/blogs/instantsavings-apps-removal/and followed to a "T" what he suggested to do.  The laptop had been running smoothly, absolutely no problems.  This morning APPLE had a download for ITunes and it downloaded and restarted the computer, when it came back on it was only the black screen with HP showing and in the bottom left corner "Press the esc key for start up menu.  I have tried tapping esc, tapping F11, nothing happens.  I can't get the screen to change.  The message changes in the lower left to start up paused.  What has happened, and what do I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-with-HP-showing-only/td-p/5699039
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, Today When I went home I saw some adware installed on my computer. I tried to do system restore on my computer. While it was doing system restore the screen went black. I restarted the computer but now I only see black screen and the LED on the computer is amber and trying to start but nothing happening. Someone please tell me what to Do. It does not even show me windows logo or safe mode screen. It is literraly black screen

Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey i have a webcam and it works fine in all my programs except msn messanger. When i use it in messanger it just shows a black square. I have updated windows and msn still black ive even tryed unistalling all other webcam programs yet its still black

Any suggestions?

Liam

A:webcam just showing black

It might not be capable of running one of the modes required by MSN. You might have a setting in your Super Mode and your Cam may not support that option or MSN doesn't. I know this is an issue in Yahoo IM. Look thru the settings carefully and make sure. Post back please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-just-showing-black.204379/
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been using my TV as a second monitor to watch movies for about a month now with no problems But today when I tried to watch a movie I got a black and white image from the TV Everything is displaying correctly with sound but there just isn t any color coming White. (TV) Up Black Showing Is In Second Display & from the TV I ve ruled out the cables being the problem as well as the TV because they all work fine under different circumstances I ve looked for a solution on the internet and now have wound up here with no success I ve tried Second Display (TV) Is Showing Up In Black & White. changing the signal format from NTSC to PAL i e M NTSC -- Second Display (TV) Is Showing Up In Black & White. gt B PAL though when I change the settings here the computer changes both displays one and two to NTSC or PAL meaning I can t have one as a PAL and the other as NTSC disconnecting and reconnecting all cables and of course re-booting My computer is a Dell Dimension with Microsoft Windows XP ver SP The information that comes up from my ATI Catalyst Control Center says that the graphics adapter Second Display (TV) Is Showing Up In Black & White. is a Radeon X MB HyperMemory DELL E FP Default TV Oh and the TV s a Magnavox but like I said the TV s working fine cable PS I m not sure what other information to give right now so let me know if I need to provide anything else Also feel free to contact me via e-mail if it suits you lt email removed gt nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys,
Basically when I go go onto the start menu there are these black rectangles everywhere (screenshots will be added) also when i attempt to save an image off google i have to manually scroll around the screen to be able to see the options, this happens for all windows 8 apps.
I'm using a HP envy, 8gb ram, windows 8 64 bit operating system and radeon graphics, HELP!

A:Black blotches and some of screen not showing.

what is your screen settings set at?

1024 x 768?

lower or higher?

Set it to the maximum.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27664-black-blotches-some-screen-not-showing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

What r4eI have a hp pavilion g6 laptop. The windows logo pops up but once I click to log on the screen goes black and only the cursor is shown. I have turned it off and done the hard reset but it remains the same. I have also tried the safe modes with no luck. I'm not sure what else I can do. Help is very much appreciated.  What really matters to me is that I get all the documents and things I have saved on that laptop. I don't want to lose anything. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-is-black-with-only-the-cursor-showing/td-p/5665276
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all Hopeing someone can help... Various menu options are showing black (see image below). This is happening on what seems like a random basis over a number of different programs (MS Word, MS Notepad, Mozilla Firefox, iTunes) etc.  Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks James

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Menu-Options-showing-black/td-p/5791476
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys Apologies if this is in the wrong area please feel free to move it Any help you can provide would be much appreciated Samsung TV LE R BDX XEU connected to Medion PC only showing black and white using an HDMI to HDMI cable Colour up until past loading then main windows to pc black only Tv white connected showing and continues black and white I assume when drivers load colour Tv connected to pc only showing black and white is lost Tried another HDMI cable no change The graphics card is an Nvidia gt Windows used is Vista I Tv connected to pc only showing black and white think my mate came round and tried VGA to HDMI using an adaptor and it was still black and white It s only black and white on one certain resolution the one that fits the quot screen best lol Sorry I can t give more detail but I m not at home just now and struggling to remember the finer details I apparently have the latest updates from Nvidia AFAIK there was no new updates recently any way I can check this The TV has HDMI plugs in it and tried the HDMI in each plug each one produced a different range of settings on the pc for example- plug one will show a resolution as very zoomed in while plug on the same resolution will be very zoomed out This only recently occurred this set up has worked fine for years just put it on one day and it was black and white After hours of Google-ing last night I ve came across the hue and digital vibrance sliders issue a lot but all my sliders are set at the right bits and even trying to change them just make the tiny dull bit of colour poking through the b amp w go just a little brighter or a little more shaded It s very odd Any help appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-connected-to-pc-only-showing-black-and-white.969694/
Relevancy 45.58%

When I turn my Pavilion laptop on it shows the following:  The date, the time and then -  Phase 0: Starting Watch Dog InitializationPhase 0: Loading ConfigerationPhase 0: Pre initialization eventsPhase 0: Creating Watch Dog dynamic key listPhase 0: subsystems initializationPhase 0: finishedPhase 1: Initialize components Phase 1: Starting reactorPhase 1: Starting componentsPhase 1: Starting internal subsystemsPhase 1: Starting command channelsPhase 1: Srm start actionsPhase 1: Starting external subsystemsPhase 1: finished  Is someone able to help me diagnose and fix this problem?  Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-Pavilion-laptop-is-turning-on-and-showing-only-a-black/td-p/5840788
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I recently re-installed Win10 version 1511 (Build 10586.164) and have updated all Dell Drivers after being unable to fix my webcam problem. Device manager correctly detects the camera as an imaging device, but all programs like Skype & Camera, just show a black image (Skype shows the loading icon). The LED indicator on the webcam also lights up whenever I open a program that tries to do I/O with the webcam like VLC, Skype or Camera.
Is this a known issue with the 9550? I read somewhere that there are some Webcam specific drivers but I have been unable to locate them.
Thanks,
-H

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19986858
Relevancy 45.58%

Thank you for any and all help I have a home built Rig Running Win Monitor TV(top,bot,R,L) Dual black showing barz on RC Dual Monitor showing black barz on TV(top,bot,R,L) Very happy with it I just Dual Monitor showing black barz on TV(top,bot,R,L) had a DVI HDMI adapter ft HDMI cable and a ft coax cable delivered MONOprice com for the win on those less than delivered in less than a week Anywayz I set up the cables and all to my Toshiba quot LCD HL and the coax to my reciever audio is working And even the dual monitor set-up thru win works great However I am having a quot desktop fitting the FULL screen quot problem It is showing black barz top bottom left and right Not fitting the complete screen My TV res is x which i have win set to it seems to be the fullest on the entire screen But not completely It does not matter Dual Monitor showing black barz on TV(top,bot,R,L) if i make it the main mont or not Wont change My GPU is a ASUS from Newegg another winner I do have the latest drivers and even tried to play with the CCC and started seeing problems becasue i was doing a trial and error sesh and i stopped quickly I am not PC inept but I am not the most savy creature either This one is beyond me at this point If anything is needed let me know and i will reply asap Thank you in advance

A:Dual Monitor showing black barz on TV(top,bot,R,L)

In the Nvidia Control Panel, go to "Adjust Desktop Size and Position", select the monitor you want to change and then try selecting "Use my display's built in scaling".

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18699-dual-monitor-showing-black-barz-tv-top-bot-r-l.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Built a new machine with a geforce 5200fx 128mb, 512ddr pc3200 kingston ram, 2.4ghtz and a 120gig maxtor harddisk. Now i don't have a moniter so i use my tv as the moniter and it has been that way for 3 weeks and gave no problems. Just today i put on my machine and all of a sudden its showing black and grey. Have not made any changes to anything. What could have caused that???

A:HELP....graphics card showing grey and black on tv

check to make sure that no-one messed with the tv color...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-graphics-card-showing-grey-and-black-on-tv.301550/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have read several showing startup on Black Screen only cursor posts and noticed that the solutions are specific to each case I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at my FRST logs and see if Black Screen only showing cursor on startup they can help me solve this issue Thanks Here is the log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FN TKOI - - Running from h Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryDefault ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run SmartMenu gt C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe - - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run HPCam Menu gt c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run QlbCtrl exe gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher gt C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HostManager gt C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe - - AOL Inc HKLM-x Run WirelessAssistant gt C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater gt C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe - - Ask HKLM-x Run Ad-Aware Browsing Protection gt C ProgramData Ad-Aware Browsing Protection adawarebp exe - - Lavasoft HKLM-x Run AVG UI gt C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM-x Run vProt gt C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe - - HKLM-x Run Ad-Aware Antivirus gt C Program Files x Ad-Aware Antivirus AdAwareLauncher --windows-runHKLM-x Run InboxAce g Browser Plugin Loader gt C Program Files x InboxAce g bar bin gbrmon exeHKLM-x Run InboxAce g Browser Plugin Loader gt C Program Files x InboxAce g bar bin gbrmon exeHKLM-x Run mcui exe gt C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU Admin Run LightScribe Control Panel gt C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKU Admin Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA gt C Program Files x Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe - - Nero AG HKU Admin Run HP Photosmart d series NET gt C Program Files HP HP Photosmart d series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe - - Hewlett-Packard Co Startup C Users Admin AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Monitor Ink Alerts - HP Photosmart d series Network lnk - - ShortcutTarget Monitor Ink Alerts - HP Photosmart d series Network lnk - gt C Program Files HP HP Photosmart d series Bin HPStatusBL dll Hewlett-Packard Co Startup C Users Admin AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk - - ShortcutTarget OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk - gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE Microsoft Corporation Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S A... Read more

A:Black Screen only showing cursor on startup

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [ApnUpdater] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe [1573576 2012-12-10] (Ask)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [vProt] => C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe [2573712 2015-12-20] ()
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [InboxAce_1g Browser Plugin Loader] => C:\Program Files (x86)\InboxAce_1g\bar\1.bin\1gbrmon.exe
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [InboxAce_1g Browser Plugin Loader 64] => C:\Program Files (x86)\InboxAce_1g\bar\1.bin\1gbrmon64.exe
S2 vToolbarUpdater19.1.0; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVG Secure Search\vToolbarUpdater\19.1.0\ToolbarUpdater.exe [1864592 2015-12-20] (AVG Secure Search)
S2 0020471450628012mcinstcleanup; C:\Windows\TEMP\002047~1.EXE -cleanup -nolog [X]
S2 HP Support Assistant Service; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\hpsa_service.exe" [X]
S2 mccspsvc; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\CSP\1.8.190.0\McCSPServiceHost.exe" [X]
S2 MpfService; "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe" [X]
S4 eabfiltr; no ImagePath
S3 RTSTOR; system32\drivers\RTSTOR.SYS [X]
C:\Program Files (x86)\InboxAce_1g
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\xdalwhza.dll

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Let me know if you are able to start the computer normally.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603603/black-screen-only-showing-cursor-on-startup/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi i have a toshiba satellite laptop
and when i turn on the computer it starts
normal but when its about to get to the login
screen it turns black and only the cursor is present
and i tried to turn it off numerous times but no luck
and when its in safe mode it just says safe mode on the corners and in
the top center it says microsoft (r) windows (r) (build 6001: service pack 1)
please somebody help me! and its windows vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/login-screen-black-only-cursor-showing-450076.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there,

I am new to this but hopefully somebody out there can offer some pearls of wisdom? My Packard Bell laptop (I think it is called an "Easy note TJ71) model will not work. When I turn on the power a black screen telling me to "insert my Windows installation disc" choose my language and then click "repair your computer" appears.

I copied recovery discs and driver discs etc when I bought it (about a year ago) but no "Windows installation disc".

The system running on it is the Windows 7 one.

Is there anything to be done (other than trying to contact Windows for a copy of the install disc).

I am sure that I saw on one of these help sites that you can download a copy of said install disc but for the life of me I cannot find it now!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Neptune101

Relevancy 45.58%

I have Windows Defender and McAfee Security Center anti virus softwares When I run them they are telling that I does'nt have any virus But I am unable to Go to previous restore points and many exe Calender Restore System Clicking My Is Arrow On To Restore Working To Unable Not On Previous The Back Dates, The files are missing in the C Window System folder quot Warning Spyware detected on your computer Install an antivirus or spyware removal to clean your computer quot error came on the desktop Whole desktop was white with an orange color box in between with Unable To Restore My System To Previous Dates, Clicking On The Back Arrow On The Restore Calender Is Not Working the above warning Antivirus something like that was installed on the desktop and in the control panel so first I removed the software icon from the desktop and the control panel Next I went to System and removed the recent files But I was Unable to restore to go to a previous date to Unable To Restore My System To Previous Dates, Clicking On The Back Arrow On The Restore Calender Is Not Working get rid of the virus My System restore is infected I believe I don't have that much knowledge in this field So kindly let me know in detail what I can do to remove the whole virus Yes System restore was working properly before I noticed this as soon as the the virus came I have ran the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but still I am unable to go back to my previous system restore points and system is operation very slowly Please find the log file here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS V Mon exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exeC Program Files McAfee MBK McAfeeDataBackup exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam Live Cam Manager CTLCMgr exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOW... Read more

A:Unable To Restore My System To Previous Dates, Clicking On The Back Arrow On The Restore Calender Is Not Working

Hello Ashakins and welcome at BleepingComputer,Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long, but the forums are really busy.If you still need help :Please don't run 2 active virusscanners at once, make a choice and remove the other one completely through Control Panel > Software, along with SweetIM.1. * Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabUnder Browsing History, click Delete. Click Delete Files, Delete cookies and Delete historyClick Close below.* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu..Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.Select all and click the Clear button again.Click OK to close the Options window* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.2. After reboot,Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following, if still present :O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SweetIM] C:\Program Files\SweetIM\Messenger\SweetIM.exeClick on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!3. Your JavaVM is also out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.Updating Java:Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7.Scroll down to where it says The Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications.Click the Download button to the right.Select your Platform (Windows version) and check the box that says: Accept License AgreementThe page will refresh.Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe) and save to your desktop.Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u7-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.4. Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.If it cannot locate TrendMicro's HijackThis, the tool will be downloaded, so please allow the download and accept the installation.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164368/unable-to-restore-my-system-to-previous-dates-clicking-on-the-back-arrow-on-the-restore-calender-is-not-working/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone I ve had Gallery Windows Photo Showing Black Screen a long and difficult battle with vista and this computer My latest issue after taking the computer back to the custom builder and having him reinstall windows completely It seems I have had my other issues fixed damn last time I said this I jinxed it and my computer quot crash dumped quot again I used to have it Windows Photo Gallery Showing Black Screen crash all the time which I thought I fixed by reinstalling and uninstalling a bunch of programs Then the internet ran slow and I did a bunch of things defragment hard drive ran ccleaner for temp files and did some registry cleanup tried the whole editing options of my connection and maybe more but I can t remember and the only thing that worked was using command prompt to restore original settings to the internet connection I thought all was well until I said all was well and then the computer crash dumped again I found out it was a compatibility issue with vista and the nvidia chipset more than GB of RAM I have GB The fix was a download of the updates which seems to have fixed it but I knock on wood So now I m trying to view photos with windows photo gallery and when I double click on a thumbnail or right click and quot view with windows photo gallery quot a black screen shows up where the picture should be I see the list of editing options but the photo screen is black Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-photo-gallery-showing-black-screen.852727/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using Internet Explorer 9 and today I noticed something weird in the horizontal scroll bar.

A black and blue little block in the right corner (see picture). If I grab the window and drag it to left and right it dissapears and the scrollbar shows instead (depending on the size of the window).

I never seen this before, is this a bug?

A:Strange black & blue block showing up in scrollbar

Have you tried toggling the status bar on/off and the zoom level? It might be a glitch.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460269/strange-black-blue-block-showing-up-in-scrollbar/
Relevancy 45.15%

I currently have a toshiba laptop nbsp I am running windows home nbsp here is mouse 7 screen the showing windows only pointer with black whats happeningI turn it on and right after i get the windiows logo the screen is black with the mouse pointer in the center of the screen i am able to move the mouse but nothing happens nbsp ctrl alt del does nothing windows 7 black screen with only the mouse pointer showing I started in safe mode with the exact same results nbsp nbsp I tried nbsp quot last known good configuration quot nbsp same results black screen with a mouse pointerI tried the windows recovery disks it asks me to boot from cd dvd i hit any key and the cd rom spins it then seems to start loading up but after the logo appears the same black screen comes up from what i can see i cant even reformat and install clean i have all my dtat backed up so i have nothing to lose Ps i can hit f and get in safe mode i can also get into bios but as soon as windows seems to start loading i have the black screen and mouse pointer no matter which modes i am in Can anyone give me a few ideas on what to do next

A:windows 7 black screen with only the mouse pointer showing

In the end i fixed the problem  I put the windows 7 repair disk in started the computer and again got the black screen with only a mouse pointer just happens i left the room came back apprximately 2 hrs later and the screen was displayed. i started the repair and it literallly took 4 hrs to run just clicking next took 10 min to respond.   in the end though system repair did the job.seems to me that this all started after i did an update.   my system is still sluggish atm but im working on that now hope this helps you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/32c310fe-1000-4af1-ad47-ea069a5f6e5a/windows-7-black-screen-with-only-the-mouse-pointer-showing?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 45.15%

Until yesterday my Windows Vista Fujitsu Siemens laptop was working fine.

Today I went to turn it on, and while the 1st load up screen appears (the one that says Fujitsu Siemens, and to press F2 or F12 to enter diagnostics or bios screen) the screen then just turns black; the Windows loading screen doesn't even show.
Pressing F2 or F12 on the first screen have the same effect

If you leave the laptop to try load up for a couple of mins, and then press the power button to enter standby mode; when resuming from standby mode the log on screen appears for a second, but then promptly returns back to the black screen of death.

Also the fan doesn't seem to working - could this be connected?

The only thing I can think of that's happened recently is Microsoft did install updates two days ago.

Anybody any ideas?

A:Computer loading up, but showing Black Screen of death!

Quick update:

I have connected laptop to tv and that works fine when working in safe mode. However if you try and start windows normally nothing appears on either screen.

Also the fan is working intermittently.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478448/computer-loading-up-but-showing-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone I've had a long and difficult battle with vista and this computer My latest issue after taking the computer back to the custom builder and having him reinstall windows completely It seems I have had my other issues fixed damn last Windows Showing Black Screen Photo Gallery time I said this I jinxed it and my computer quot crash dumped quot again I used to have it crash all the time which I thought I fixed by reinstalling and uninstalling a bunch of programs Then the internet ran slow and I Windows Photo Gallery Showing Black Screen did a bunch of things defragment hard drive ran ccleaner for temp files and did some registry cleanup tried the whole editing options of my connection and maybe more but I can't remember and the only thing that worked was using command prompt to restore original settings to the internet connection I thought all was well until I said all was well and then the computer crash dumped again I found out it was a compatibility Windows Photo Gallery Showing Black Screen issue with vista and the nvidia chipset more than GB of RAM I have GB The fix was a download of the updates which seems to have fixed it but I knock on wood So now I'm trying to view photos with windows photo gallery and when I double click on a thumbnail or right click and quot view with windows photo gallery quot a black screen shows up where the picture should be I see the list of editing options but the photo screen is black Any ideas

A:Windows Photo Gallery Showing Black Screen

I have the exact same issue and i think mine started around the time that i reloaded vista on my computer. did you ever solve the issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/242500-windows-photo-gallery-showing-black-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I posted a picture below It does it randomly Has been happening for a about a month now sometimes when in a Facebook game or watching a video on Youtube or somewhere I didn't bother much with it until my online studies started and often times I can't even watch the video lectures because they look like in the picture attached Thing is the showing weird black/gray This keeps randomly. up stuff sound still works This weird black/gray stuff keeps showing up randomly. and I can still click on it This weird black/gray stuff keeps showing up randomly. to pause and play This weird black/gray stuff keeps showing up randomly. So it's just the visual part Also when this happens on one tab it might not happen on others Just now I had a few Youtube tabs open and of them did this one did not For things like Facebook games it will happen and I can reload however many times I want and every single game will be like this for the whole evening Some time later it's fine again For games it seems if one goes wrong then none of them will work For videos it isn't always the case Like I said I didn't mind much as I don't use those things often but now it's messing with school so I really need to figure out what is wrong I have tried updating flash and java and all sorts of things doesn't help I have not tried another browser because my school has said that their videos and interactive learning things work best on Chrome and might not even work on other browsers And I have no way of knowing if it's the same on other browsers unless I use that other browser for a few days since it happens very randomly sometimes a few times a day for a few hours sometimes a couple times a week and until I reload the page it isn't always just black sometimes is gray and black maybe the black makes a large cross and the corners are gray like the screen was separated into squares and the is black and corners gray well all sorts of random ways but usually is both colors Or like in this the white would be gray or something I have a Lenovo computer and the Lenovo Solution Center program says all my Lenovo software is up to date So I doubt it's a driver problem I think Thank you to anyone who might know the answer to this

A:This weird black/gray stuff keeps showing up randomly.

You say you updated Flash and Java. See if completely uninstalling them then reinstalling them helps.

Try Internet Explorer 11 for a few days to see if it happens in YouTube or other programs.

Also see if a complete reset of Chrome does the trick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/this-weird-black-gray-stuff-keeps-showing-up-randomly-885810.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, the Internet download manager icon has changed in taskbar and startmenu and Instead, a white blank icon replaced it.I didint pinned neither. How can I get the normal icon back?
Edit..Its showing normal on notification area icons......

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/382592-idm-icon-showing-black-white-taskbar-startmenu.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys, i am using win7 ultimate with lg 32' tv as monitor, but since yesterday it has started showing black handles on the the sides.

I have tried changing the resolution but its not helping.

i use win7 ultimate.

Thnx for looking

A:LG 32" monitor showing black handles on sides

Try using the 'Auto-Adjust' button on the front of the LCD monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183294-lg-32-monitor-showing-black-handles-sides.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure what caused this...was installing Norton SystemWorks2003 and the install did not complete successfully. Invoked Add/Remove in the Control Panel to remove the partial Norton install in order to reload, and it returned a blank (empty) window...no choices.

Some raw text at the top of the window showing menu text choices, but no active selections. Also, the lower right corner "Close" button actually shows up as "Cl&osed" and does not function. [.bmp enclosed]

All other items in the Control Panel function properly.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,
John

Relevancy 45.15%

everytime i install something the program will ask where to install to an existing folder this is part of installshield. i see a folder named ?????:????? well there is no folder named this on the C drive. I can not locate where it is. I have tried the registry and a search but nothing.

A:remove folder that is not showing

Hi, it sounds like the default installation path is corrupted.
Noted you're referring to Win 7: this forum is for Win 10...

You can check by opening a command prompt and typing/cut & paste
echo %ProgramFiles%

This may be like the string you quote.

Go here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
I have (mine's a 64 bit OS)
ProgramFilesDir = C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramFilesDir (x86) = ProgramFilesDir (x86)
ProgramFilesPath = %ProgramFiles%
ProgramW6432Dir = C:\Program Files

and amend as necessary.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/36136-remove-folder-not-showing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For some reason just as of last night, most of my programs arent showing up in the add/remove list in windows xp. The icons for the ones that actually do show up have been removed too all that shows up is a generic installer icon... what happened?

Relevancy 45.15%

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=confusedhi6.jpg For some reason, things don't show up in the add/remove part of the computer, but when I go to the Program Files, everything is there!It also doesn't show my 80+ Windows Updates..Please help....It's kind of like this guy's ---> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96140/all-the-programs-in-my-addremove-programs-list-are-gone/

A:Things Are Not Showing Up In Add/remove

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=confusedhi6.jpg For some reason, things don't show up in the add/remove part of the computer, but when I go to the Program Files, everything is there!It also doesn't show my 80+ Windows Updates..Please help....It's kind of like this guy's ---> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96140/all-the-programs-in-my-addremove-programs-list-are-gone/"tg1911Forum Addict******Group: ModeratorPosts: 9,317Joined: 6-May 04From: LouisianaMember No.: 363 Try this:Start / Run / and type; cmd / OKAt the command prompt type: regsvr32 appwiz.cpl (Note the space between 32, and appwiz)Click the Enter key.When finished, type; exit.Click the Enter key.Reboot and see if it works now."I am trying this, and going to see if it works, be back soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96200/things-are-not-showing-up-in-addremove/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I keep having malware show up in a scan even after I remove it using Hitmanpro.  For example:

I would run the scan, then remove the unwanted spyware tracking cookies, and after I open up Google Chrome, I notice 'SpeedBit' shows up.  Here's a picture of what I mean:

Also, is it possible that chrome.dll and chrome_child.dll are associated with this problem?

So anyway, I ran the scan again, and it shows me the exact same results.  Speedbit is still there.

So, it looks like there's something hidden that causing speedbit to show up again.

Does anyone know what to do with this?

Other tools I've used:

JRT
Rkill
malwarebytes antimalware
malwarebytes antirootkit
spybot (uninstalled)
spyhunter
Minitoolbox (for an internet connection problem I have related to malware)

A:Malware keeps showing up even after I remove it (Win 7)

You can't take all Hitman results at face value.As you can see it marks very legit program like MiniToolbox as suspicious.Speedbit is a legit program as well.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567898/malware-keeps-showing-up-even-after-i-remove-it-win-7/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was deleting some programs by using Add/Remove. The last one I removed took a long time. When it finally rethreaded alot of the programs no longer appeared. Is there a way to make all the programs show back up in Add/Remove?
Thanks!!!

A:Add/Remove not showing all programs

Check this:
http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14623/14623.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-not-showing-all-programs.296299/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok Thank you guys in advanced before I start So for some odd reason today on one of my laptops my wifi seems to not be working Usually I like to go and look at my wifi signal to see Wifi icon system system not tray. showing in up what Im connected to as soon as I boot m computer Well this time I started it up and the wifi system icon will not show up Of course I go to customize to see if its disabled and if I can enable it Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. Well the option doesn't even show up I restarted the computer and even used system restore nothing seems to work I ran a wireless network troubleshoot and it says Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. the problem cant be resolved Im on one of my other laptops because I cant access the internet on the laptop So can anyone help me at all Im new to this forum I think but I do have FRST so if anybody has an idea please let me know I will provide all the information I can if you tell Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. me what i need to get

A:Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray.

Have you checked Device Manager?  Are there any problems noted with the wifi connection there?
Have you tried:
- downloading a fresh copy of the wifi driver from the manufacturer's website
- uninstalling the current wifi software/drivers
- installing the freshly downloaded drivers?

Have you tried to reset tcp, ip, and winsock?
From an elevated Command Prompt run (and press Enter after each command.  Reboot when done):
netsh int tcp reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579005/wifi-system-icon-not-showing-up-in-system-tray/
Relevancy 44.72%

We have an acer aspire one laptop, I'm not sure about the model #
But anyway, the screen 'cracked' I guess and now it's showing all these weird colors in a strange pattern along the cracks.
When turned on, it looks very similar to this:
http://chrisfixescomputers.com/broken-lcd-screen.jpg

Is it just a broken screen or will some of the hardware need to be replaced?
I don't know what steps to take next to fix it or if it even can be fixed.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks!

A:Is my laptop repairable? Broken screen showing black/white?

That's likely to be just the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-laptop-repairable-broken-screen-showing-black-white.999015/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
I have dell inspiron Windows8 pdc laptop
After login by Microsoft account showing black screen with timet n mouse click arrow
I can move arrow. I can go to taskbar

A:dell Windows 8 laptop showing black screen after login

Please help me I m really worried I bought thislaptop last month only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-windows-8-laptop-showing-black-screen-after-login.1135746/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm having some serious troubles with my main PC, my gaming PC, and it's really messing things up for me.

I was just parusing around like usual on my computer, it runs Windows 7, and I allowed it to download the usual updates and restart itself. When it shut down and began restarting, I notice that it loads up the logo, briefly flashes what I think is called a Bios Post page, and then goes to a page that is nothing but a blinking "__" sign. It does nothing here, won't continue, and I can't enter or do anything. It just endlessly blinks, before disappearing and the computer screen shows nothing but black.

Can I get some help here? I'd really appreciate it. .___.

A:Computer won't get past black screen after showing PC brand logo.

Have you tried to start in "Safe Mode" to see what happens? (Pressing F8 repeatedly immediately upon booting).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-get-past-black-screen-after-showing-pc-brand-logo.1026483/
Relevancy 44.72%

My pc would not load and was only showing a blue screen with either of two errors -wdf_violation and registry_error and trying to fix or update windows and nothing.  I then fumbled with the esc key while restarting and got to the HP image restore option.  It asked to insert DVD +R to backup, but would not backup with even a few files.  I opted to restore without backup.  Everything seemed fine,  I removed every peripherals and left only  my keyboard and mouse as instructed. They are wireless.  Now the computer restarted but all I am seeing is a black screen and nothing.  The power button is on,  I tried cold booting, and nothing.  I unplugged the power cord and turn on again, and nothing.  Please help.  I did not create the recovery disks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Envy-23-showing-black-screen-after-factory-image-restore/td-p/5728961