Windows Support Forum

Help Asus x450JN my screen blink randomly

Q: Help Asus x450JN my screen blink randomly

hello my laptop asus x450JN with windows 8.1 OS pro , antivirus just malwarebytes and win defender and i am use startisback for start bottom , ram upgrade to 8GB i have some issue with my laptop regarding my monitor screen is randomly blink screen like this=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMdS8xA8xg BUT on my laptop it only 1 or 2 times with randomly heppen not like that video is happen all the time. what wrong with my laptop i have update my windows and driver i am also got check into manufacture service center but they technician dont detect any wrong with my hardware please help me guys Thank you

My laptop deteils spec and OS

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help Asus x450JN my screen blink randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help Asus x450JN my screen blink randomly

When it does blink, does it go black then back to normal screen ? Now it could be failing hardware, bad connection from hinge to monitor and even possible interference. Also could be the Video adapter drivers are corrupted.

This is the laptop ?
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X450JN/

I believe from specs shown here it has a NVIDIA Geforce 840M, if you can double check that, go to the Control panel then the Device manager, go to Display adapter left click it, it should tell you there the model.

If it is correct NVIDIA, first thing i would do is uninstall older drivers, either go back to Control Panel in Programs and Features do it there, but first download the latest drivers here NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

After uninstall reboot and install one you downloaded, see first if this helps the blinking.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67490-help-asus-x450jn-my-screen-blink-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.92%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 61.49%

After 30-60 minutes of job my mouse and keyboard stop responding but lights ara still blinking
I NEED HELP

A:Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working and then it start to blink

Have you tried replacing them?

If this is a work computer...have you contacted the organization's IT personnel?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526675/mouse-and-keyboard-randomly-stop-working-and-then-it-start-to-blink/
Relevancy 61.06%

How to resolve DPC_watchdog_violation error? My laptop shutdown randomly, leaving all unsaved stuff. A blue-screen with this error appears. I am not a techy-savy but I really need help to resolve this. Thanks!

A:asus laptop randomly shuts down with a blue screen and error message

You'd best repost this issue in the BSOD section here. What you're experiencing is called Blue Screen Of Death, or BSOD. I have had the same issue before, I have a feeling it was to do with driver conflicts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/asus-laptop-randomly-shuts-down-with-a-blue-screen-and-error-message-793106.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 56.76%

My screen is now blinking once before welcome screen and once it loads the desktop , it returns to normal after a blink. I have installed a old 7600 gt that I had(This blinks started after that, my integrated card was 6150se). Installed the latest driver. My monitor is Philips 105e.

A:Screen blink

What's the problem here?

Do you get a normal working desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45604-screen-blink.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello i writing because my screen is blinking all the time after sleep mode until i restrat it. I have update BIOS, and video drivers but still sometimes it starts blinking any solutions?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y70-70-TOUCH-SCREEN-BLINK/td-p/3392949
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
I have no idea what is going on with my computer but if someone could please help, I would appreciate it more than you know! Anyway, I left on vacation last week, and un-plugged my computer. I returned today and have been trying to get on it all day with no avail. (I am on it right now in safe mode+networking) Everytime I start it up it gets to the welcome/login screen and the screen is all shakey and flickering I can barely make out what anything is...I got lucky once and clicked on a login name and once logged in it did the same thing just all messed up - i cannot see anything. I tried a system restore but only had two available dates and niether worked...Can someone please tell me what to do!! :) Thanks in advance!

A:Screen Shake, Blink, Flicker...

Taking a complete stab in the dark, I'd try to update the driver for your graphics card from safe mode. Safe mode uses a different driver to the one used during normal boots, so that points to a software rather than hardware issue and probably explains why safe mode fixes the problem. Perhaps. Maybe.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-shake-blink-flicker-511755.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hello..I have hp pavilion g6 2230 notebook. yesterday night i was working on my notebook. then i shut down it. next morning i tried to on my laptop, but it is not start. i perform hard reset 3 times. but laptop does not satrt. caps lock and wireless key led does not blink and screen also does not blink. charging is done as earlier.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavilion-g6-not-start-screen-does-not-blink/td-p/5749654
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently started having an issue with firefox While it's open screen causes Firefox to [SOLVED] blink and i move my cursor to the top of the screen it'll start to blink If I remove my cursor quickly it freezes the computer for a few seconds and if I leave it there it will finally go blank and shuts down all apps and send my PC back to the log-in screen I have a password on my PC If I move my cursor to the right left or bottom nothing happens the computer seems fine I am currently using chrome with no issues and I tried removing and re-installing FireFox and I get the same issues It seems to have effected other windows programs now when ever i maximize the app and i put the cursor near the op to minimize or close the app I get the same blinking results and if left there to long it resets back to the log-in screen It only seems to effect windows programs and apps rd party apps adobe chrome etc seem to be fine

A:[SOLVED] Firefox causes screen to blink

If it's affecting other programs as well as Firefox, it could be a Windows problem. Try running sfc /scannow as admin with your Windows disc inserted to fix any corrupt or missing system files, then reboot and test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-firefox-causes-screen-to-blink-871162.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Radeon X Driver Packaging start screen after old and blink artifacts on apps Version - a- C-ATI Catalyst Version D Driver old apps blink after start and artifacts on screen Version D Driver File Path System CurrentControlSet Control Video CDC -DBC - A -ADB -F B D CEC Direct D Version OpenGL Version Catalyst Control Center Version old apps blink after start and artifacts on screen AIW VIVO WDM Driver Version AIW VIVO WDM SP Driver Version AV Stream T Driver Version When I start older visualbasic I think applications solitaire games and start moving cards around the screen shows partial cards in places If I wait two seconds the sceen area of the application flickers twice If I wait til after this there is no problem but if I move cards while flickering it takes a snapshot of where the cards are and leaves a trace of them I m running windows xp home edition with sp and all updates I have pretty good antivirus and spyware software installed AVG Any ideas Do I need to update Visual basic or will only updating the ATI drivers fix this TIA paj nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-apps-blink-after-start-and-artifacts-on-screen.679713/
Relevancy 54.61%

I need some help with my computer and have to admit I don't know that much about them I am not ever sure I am posting in the right section for help with this problem I have a very old computer but I with blink screen Black problem cursor don't have the extra funds to buy a new one at the current time but I want to fix it so I can at least get my information and files off that computer I don't have another computer available to to use either It's a Gateway S model Everything is the original hardware except the power supply which I replace several years ago It's got an Intel R Pentium R GHz The computer does turn on and does show the gateway logo but after that it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor and just stay there and doesn't do anything else No error messages pop up The only time I can get an error message to pop up was when I repetitively push either f or f and then it say pxe-e Media Test failure check your cables I've tried to do a windows repair with the xp disk but the repair options isn't available I've open up the computer took out the bios battery and put it back in That didn't work I unplug the cables connecting the hard drive those long ribbon ones and replug them back in still does the same Black screen with blink cursor problem thing I've gone through the bios system Black screen with blink cursor problem I think it's saying the hard drive still there it list the following Pata Primary Master Black screen with blink cursor problem WDC WD BB- KAD I think this is the HDD PATA secondary master Lite-on comb LTC- DVD CD rom Drive I think I tried to do a recovery console from the windows xp disk I have but I am not tech saavy enough to get it to work Any ideas on what I should do Thanks

A:Black screen with blink cursor problem

You say you don't have another computer to use, but your posting from a computer? Anyways to backup your files use a Ubuntu Live CD to a USB Flash Drive
To Repair your computer boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console, here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-blink-cursor-problem-563338.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have updagraded to windows 10 after upgradation my hp envy touchsmart m6 sleekbook blink screen on windows 10 each time when charger plugin. Kindly help Thanks in advance!!! 

A:hp envy touchsmart m6 sleekbook blink screen

Hey @Waqas10075, I understand you're having some trouble with the display blinking after upgrading to Windows 10. I would be happy to help. Please follow the steps in this document, and get back to me with the results: HP PCs - Blinking or Flashing Screen After Upgrading to Windows 10 If this helps, hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-envy-touchsmart-m6-sleekbook-blink-screen/td-p/5586819
Relevancy 54.61%

my laptop core i 3 hp pavilion series 4 gb ram, 500 gb hd,  2.4 processors has a problem is that its screen blink after interval of seconds, whats the matter ? have there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/laptop-screen-blink-after-interval-of-seconds/td-p/5670284
Relevancy 54.18%

This notebook is out of support so I don't code. blink screen Black corruption and BIOS know if it's right to post here nbsp When Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code. I start the computer the screen never turns on no background illumination either nbsp But the LEDs lights up and I get blinking codes Seem like it's two different stages for the blinking code I call it stage and stage nbsp Stage When I turn the computer on the num caps lock blinks twice several times In this stage it's possible to turn of computer by holding down power button If I then start it again it will still be Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code. in stage If I Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code. don't turn off it will eventually restart and go over to stage nbsp Stage Only caps-lock flashes with a constant rate If flash drive is connected it reads this in about seconds After about seconds the fan starts spinning for full I can't turn off other than diconnecting power nbsp If I reconnect power again and press power botton it continues in stage nbsp To get it back to stage one I need to remove the clock battery and hold down power botton But if I hold down win B after doing this I still get directly to stage Therefore I guess it's automatically trying to restore BIOS is stage nbsp I tried to create recovery flash drive with the SP BIOS When it's unpacked nothing more happens but I found out it's a nbsp SP E exe and nbsp SP F exe inside the unpacked folder wich can create BIOS flash drive But I have tried both and nothing happened when I started computer with og without holding down win B nbsp I guess the drive I made was only for updating BIOS and not for recovering Is there a special way to make a flash drive or a special partition on the harddrive I have not the original hdd with system partition just an empty HDD But I can connect the new HDD to a working windows linux computer and add some data partitions if someone knows what to add nbsp Is it likely that it's no hope for recovering this If so is it enough to solder on a new BIOS or is maybe other parts of the main board that is broken

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-and-BIOS-corruption-blink-code/td-p/5672686
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys, my Laptop starts with a blank screen and both, Capslock-LED as well as the Numlock-LED, blink twice. I've tried to use the Windows+B Button with the Power-Button combination, but to no avail. I tried to create a USB Flash Drive, but the Software only runs on Win 7 while both my Desktop(from which I work on this issue) and my broken Laptop are Win 10. I don't know how to go on from here, what else can I do? Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Blank-Screen-and-LEDs-blink-twice-no-solution-worked-so-far/td-p/5850999
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,I am using my HP Pavilion DV6 7023tx laptop. It is 1 year 3 months older(warrenty expired). It was working fine but one evening i found it start with black screen and caps lock blink twich every 2/3 seconds and after some times it's getting hot. I have tried to solve the issue accoroding to the following link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674  It looks like BIOS corruption failure. but it will not automatically recovering that mentioned in post. So what should i do now? Could you guys tell me what should i do? Thanks in advance. Product Information:===============HP Pavilion DV6 7023txSerial No : 2CE22927FGProduct ID: B3J66PA 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Blank Screen; Caps lock Blink Twice Every 2/3 Seconds with o...

Hello SuperMario1, Thanks for your response. The last thing i did, remove CMOS battery and after a few minutes i plugged it.Then connect AC power adapter and press power button.Laptop starts but gives a error message "The CMOS checksum is invalid, The BIOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted."Finally laptop start normally. It works fine ... But same problem when i restart"blank screen caps lock blink 2 times every 3/4 sec" So finally1. remove CMOS battery and after a few minutes i plugged it again2. connect AC power adapter and press power button3. laptops starts normally (with a error msg same as previous)4. Upgrade bios to F.29(previously i had F.24)5. Everythings works fine (restart/shutdown have no effect)   Nirupam Chandra Modak

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Blank-Screen-Caps-lock-Blink-Twice-Every-2-3-Seconds-with/td-p/3506811
Relevancy 53.75%

My Compaq 615 laptop screen doesn't come on, instead it blinks capslock 5 times. What shlould I do? It has an AMD Athlon X2 processor, with Radeon 3200 graphics. I didn't install any new software or hardware recently. All I did was work with the system at night, shut it down, and when I turned it on the following morning, the screen refused to come up, but the caps lock blinks 5 times.

A:Caps lock blink 5 times on Compaq 615 laptop, but screen doe...

Sorry to hear that. Please refer to the Blank Screen LED Error Codes document from HP Support. It sounds like a "General system board failure." The explanation says to contact HP for assistance. The motherboard might need to be replaced, and you will probably require the assistance of a technician to fix the problem. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Caps-lock-blink-5-times-on-Compaq-615-laptop-but-screen/td-p/2322767
Relevancy 53.75%

I need help urgently I have my finals tomorrow for my AP english blink Screen left. at white Help Please top Windows Black URGENT. 7 class and all my files were saved on this laptop Everytime I boot my laptop it does not go past the Windows 7 Black Screen white blink at top left. URGENT. Please Help windows loading screen It just shows hp and press f for system recovery The thing is when I press f or f to system recover or to go to safe mode the laptop goes to the black screen with the blinking white cursor at the top left I can enter the system diagnostics screen and I checked everything on there It says the battery all hard drive and memory is ok But I can't friggin system recover or get past the hp screen Is there any commands or anything I can enter to factory reset the laptop I can enter the command prompt screen because I have a disc but the disc does not allow for factory reset It only allows system restoring to an earlier date and I've tried every single of the restore points Each one still gave me the black screen with white cursor at top left

A:Windows 7 Black Screen white blink at top left. URGENT. Please Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennyzzz

I need help urgently. I have my finals tomorrow for my AP english class and all my files were saved on this laptop. Everytime I boot my laptop, it does not go past the windows 7 loading screen. It just shows hp and press f11 for system recovery. The thing is, when I press f8, or f11 , to system recover or to go to safe mode, the laptop goes to the black screen with the blinking white cursor at the top left. I can enter the system diagnostics screen and I checked everything on there. It says the battery, all hard drive, and memory is ok. But I can't friggin system recover or get past the hp screen. Is there any commands or anything I can enter to factory reset the laptop? I can enter the command prompt screen because I have a disc, but the disc does not allow for factory reset. It only allows system restoring to an earlier date, and I've tried every single of the restore points. Each one still gave me the black screen with white cursor at top left.

If you recover you will lose your files. I would check that the hdd is seated properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-white-blink-at-top-left-urgent-please-help-625338.html
Relevancy 53.75%

my laptop when plays The Sims it turned black but i can see the cursor and it blinks like goes completely black then goes black with the cursor and then it does that til i have to shut it off It sometimes just completely shuts off randomly it sometimes shows me the blue screen then restarts With other games like Diner Dash it will be okay for a little while approximately ten to minutes or so and then it shuts out of the game Its full screen and then it goes to the homes screen Its been really slow too and lagging a lot this is not like my computer at all This laptop is fairly new only maybe two years old Iv tryed a lot of things such as updating software and drivers iv downloaded drivers from the internet done malware scans nothing comes up Iv tryed the list of things to do on the windows website if you get the blue screen http windows microsoft com en-GB windows Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows- section I recently had my screen replaced because my screen got cracked Other than that no big changes Why blink , and screen of repeatedly out black my go games? does laptop shut have been made I appreciate any help and support i Why does my laptop screen go black , blink repeatedly and shut out of games? get to my answer nbsp

A:Why does my laptop screen go black , blink repeatedly and shut out of games?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-laptop-screen-go-black-blink-repeatedly-and-shut-out-of-games.1095128/
Relevancy 53.75%

On my low end netbook, I patched UXTheme using Universal Theme Patcher. When I rebooted Windows, the loading screen started blinking on and off and it wouldn't load. I needed to power off the computer, restart in safe mode, and unpatch UXTheme. Universal Theme Patcher works on my laptop, so why won't it work on my netbook?

A:Universal Theme Patcher Makes Loading Screen Blink

Who knows it may just not fancy it, maybe try this:
Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7
UxStyle - no more patching.

Hope this helps..

Seth

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/183063-universal-theme-patcher-makes-loading-screen-blink.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Operating System Windows Ultimate System Manufacturer HP System Model Hp Pavilion DV CA Notebook PC Processor AMD TURION X GHz Memory GB RAM blink blank Laptop cursor to a with starts screen white When I start my laptop it display the Hp screen as usual but after that instead of booting it display a blank screen with white cursor blinking at the top LEFT corner the fan is working like after minutes of waiting the Windows logo appears Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink and Windows Starts I thought the problem might be that the bootloader got corrupted or something so I tried booting with Windows CD both but no change still same blank screen with white blinking cursor But Now it gives me Operating System not Found after Minutes Windows Starts Normally Please note that I have been able to enter Bios setup and change the booting option as well Bios was showing all the hardware as it usually shows I Tried to change the HardDisK But the Problem Remained When I try to Press F recovery button it performs same thing blank screen with Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink blinking cursor I Also Tried to Format but because when i boot it doesnt take the cd and remain with the blank screen with blinking cursor After Window Started I Entered and run the setup exe and installed Windows again but the problem was not solved Any Help

A:Laptop starts to a blank screen with white cursor blink

Is this a brand new computer? When did this start happening?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79181-laptop-starts-blank-screen-white-cursor-blink.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have HP 15-d054ee Notebook black screen 2 caps blink code error ... help needed and I check my RAM slots remove it and reinstall it but nothing happen,  I empty the electricity to hard reset but also nothing happen I got nothing on the screen of the laptob  I need your reputable help and I think it has a bios error (maybe) may I install the bios driver from another computer (if so) how? I am in need to use my laptob 

A:HP 15-d054ee Notebook black screen 2 caps blink code error ....

two blinks is corrupt BIOS. Connect the power adapter to the notebook and the hold down the Windows key and the B key at the same time. It may take a full minute or so of holding down the two keys, but you should  see an onscreen message responce that says that it is recovering the BIOS. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-15-d054ee-Notebook-black-screen-2-caps-blink-code-error/td-p/5608985
Relevancy 50.31%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello First of all thank you for reading my post I recently discovered a Trojan on my computer and instead of going through the tedias process of getting rid of it I decided to wipe my hard drive and load a bit version of windows an upgrade from the previous bit version I had with the virus The installation went smoothly and down crashes shuts with screen Computer IE blue randomly. randomly. I began to download most of my drivers with no issues I even downloaded World of Warcraft with no issues I turned my computer off and got some sleep I returned only to see that my computer would keep restarting during the start up process So knowin a little about computers I shut everything down Checked and cleaned the inside of my PC Re-set the memory and reset the battery to reload BIOS I put IE shuts down randomly. Computer crashes with blue screen randomly. everything back together and it started up no problem Success NO As I began surfing the internet IE will randomly shut down and just keep doing it As I scrambled for a solution to this very annoying problem my computer would shut down sending me to a blue screen which states a bunch of stuff that I don t understand Being IE shuts down randomly. Computer crashes with blue screen randomly. the hands on guy I am I went back to search for a solution with the new information I figured that maybe BIOS wasn t updated or that I didn t have all the needed drivers downloaded yet So I went to download IE shuts down randomly. Computer crashes with blue screen randomly. some more updates and every time I go to download something I get a setup error or something that keeps the download from finishing So I threw my hands up and came here hoping that someone could save me some heartache and a trip to the computer store Any help is appreciated Again thank you for taking the time to listen and respond P S Please excuse any mis-spellings the ieSpell won t download for me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-shuts-down-randomly-computer-crashes-with-blue-screen-randomly.968579/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an ASUS laptop that I beleive has become infected with a virus that is randomly closing down the laptop amp immediately re-booting it The laptop re-boots fine bar it tries to firstly locate a spyhunter fix rather than Laptop ASUS down shuts randomly the option of XP or Vista I can manually locate ASUS Laptop randomly shuts down the XP option amp then log in OK until the problem recurs The laptop works OK for indeterminate periods of time amp tends to shut down when opening or closing down a programme or a file It is for that reason I do not think I have a power supply issue or temperature issue which seem to be common problems I have advanced system care which suggests the laptop is in A condition amp when it is on it works absolutely fine I am suspicious of the spyhunter fix which I think must be rogue I am also unable to access task manager A longer term problem is I cannot run the laptop in safe mode It gets so far then just gets stuck I accept that any help on here may be limited due to this particular problem Most solutions seem to require safe mode From googling my problem a suggestion of SD fix seems to fit the bill except that I have been unable to download this from ANY link Again I am suspicious that this is part of something sinister going on rather than mere coincidence Any help at all would be appreciated Thanks in advance

A:ASUS Laptop randomly shuts down

Problem has now been resolved.

Please ignore post in 3 days or older thread.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402718/asus-laptop-randomly-shuts-down/
Relevancy 48.59%

OK. New to the forum so thanks in advance for any help I can get. I've run sfc /scannow and collected logs as requested. Not sure what's wrong. Only solution offered by Asus support was to do a O/S reinstall. I'd like to avoid that for obvious reasons. HD integrity check is good. I have all windows updates complete. All drivers seem to be up to date.

Anyone see anything fixable in the logs attached?

A:Asus Desktop Crashes Randomly

Hi Ghanner & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I deeply apologize for the delay caused as we have been very busy

Do you mean your Desktop of ASUS brand crashes and has the Blue Screen Of Death? If yes, then the log file uploaded by you does not contain any dump files to analyse
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidumps\ and then ZIP up all of the dump files and then upload it as an attachment.

If not, then kindly describe your problem in more detail so that I could see what is wrong ^_^.

Let me know how it goes ^_^.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54794-asus-desktop-crashes-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System down closing ASUS Laptop randomly Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon processor x ASUS Laptop randomly closing down Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K IJ BSN Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled OK above isthe TSG Sysinfo copied amp pasted as advised THE PROBLEM I have an ASUS laptop that I suspect has got infected by a virus amp randomly shuts itself down amp then ASUS Laptop randomly closing down re-boots My suspicion that it is a virus as the first shut down occurred after opening a video file from what I now suspect to be of dubious origin The system immediately closed down then restarted OK I ran Spy Hunter initially than ran Advanced System Care to repair the directory ASUS Laptop randomly closing down etc Spy Hunter appeared to remove malware amp system care does what it always does amp indicated the laptop is back in A condition amp still does Fine for a few days but the problem has deteriorated There are excel files or closing down programmes or back ups that will close the system down now so again I suspect a virus rather than overheating or power issues that I think are common in ASUS laptops Not random enough a problem but more carrying out specific tasks will cause the laptop to crash It always boots up again OK amp runs through the Windows check disk repairing the prior crash etc The computer is also not running slowly at all It appears to be OK to an independent observer I have now run Avira amp Super Anti Spyware removing various bits amp pieces but the problem still persists I can no longer access task manager amp a separate problem is I am unable to run in safe mode It gets so far then stalls This problem is a separate issue prior to this problem here Hijack This Notepad Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMFsrv exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Sage SData Sage SData Service exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ASUS NB Probe SPM spmgr exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRS VolSync exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMT... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

It usualy freezes when i watch videos or play games or youtube and stuff I dunno what to do here is the hijackthis report thanks alot Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS My ASUS serious A6 Laptop Freezes randomly.. system svchost exe C WINDOWS My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly.. system My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly.. svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system fpplock exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system algssl exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Ian Dadon Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE I M PS HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe EXPLORER EXE O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts auto search msn es O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO TBSB - BDCA AC -C B- D -A - B C - C PROGRA QUICKN YOUTUB DLL O - Toolbar Youtube-Download-Convert-Toolbar - AE E C- - F - - A A A CAF - C Program Files Quicknation YouTubeDownload-Convert dll O - HKLM Run kav quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler C Program Files PCPitstop Optimize PCPOptimize exe -boot O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe -startup O - HKLM Run Warning do not remove it fpplock exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG msime exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask ex... Read more

A:My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly..

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4FB5EE3D-4385-4B9C-966E-73CEE1066A59}: NameServer = 168.95.192.1,168.95.1.1
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.allhiphop.com/CelebImages/flicks_BET2006_tyrese_goode.gif

--
End of file - 10213 bytes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-a6-serious-laptop-freezes-randomly.86247/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I just got the card, it's just awesome.

But I recently have noticed weird "snap" sounds, just like a little bump, when I'm listening to music, or just randomly when someone links me something in skype e.g. just any random occasion.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I'm a complete noob at this stuff, this is my first non-onboard audiocard so any stupid mistakes could've been made!

Relevancy 48.59%

Windows Professional x Asus Sonar DX Gigabyte X A-UD Corsair HX Series W Modular Power Supply Intel DX Asus Xonar Switches OFF Randomly Core i Ghz MSI GTX Cyclone Overclocked Edition GB SLI G Skill Ripjaw GB x GB DDR MHz - - - The card is inserted in the second PCI Express x slot The absolutely annoying problem is that the card stops working randomly The usual relay switch sound can be heard the click and then only a restart can turn it on Quote The clicks are not directly related to the power supply they come from the Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly relays that are used to disconnect the card from its outputs jacks to prevent pops in the speakers when powering on the computer There are also relays for switching to the front panel and for switching between the line-in and mic-in functions but they sound of those is probably masked by your mouse's clicking I tested the card on another machine where it was working just fine but when I moved it back to my machine seconds after I played online radio it switched off The computer is not even under heavy load so it doesn't matter if I play heavy games or just browse the internet The floppy cable is properly connected and the power supply is more than powerful to feed it The weirdest part is that this same card worked just fine for like a full year and during that time no hardware changes have been made It just started switching off like weeks ago for no apparent reason Does everything look fine here - Ubuntu Pastebin Could it be an IRQ problem conflict I'm helpless Any ideas what to test do in order to establish what the problem is

A:Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly

Do a search for this card. I see many posts with the same or similar problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221795-asus-xonar-dx-switches-off-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Every so often when the computer is running, a series of beeps (typically four, although sometimes it's more erratic) can be heard through the built-in speakers on the notebook (if I mute the volume, nothing can be heard). Sometimes, it is heard frequently and other times it is seldom heard. Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS Notebook Randomly Beeps

And I'm using a Vista 32-bit, if that says anything about my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-notebook-randomly-beeps-448038.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,

I installed a brand new Asus xonar STX in my desktop PCIe. The sound stops randomly while playing music or watching movies. It starts working again only after a restart. I have been trying to fix it for more than a week with no success.
Steps I have tried so far:
1. Update the drivers from asus website
2. Installed unixonar drivers
3. Disabled on board audio in BIOS
4. Deleted win 7 and installed Win 8.1
5. Ran chkdsk /b

Also when the sound stops my music player stops playing. I can still play videos with no sound in vlc or MPC but winamp does not work at all as it is audio only player. I am using rca 2-channel out. After the sound stops I can select s/pdif as default device and the sound starts working again, winamp starts playing, everything is fine.
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/380222-soung-stops-randomly-asus-xonar-stx.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an issue with my new Asus GTX 760 VGA and I don't now why it happening.
It works good but suddenly a nice solid colored screen appeared.
At the first days it becomes just after windows boots. I just restart and boot in Safemode and every was good.
But after a while there is no boot crash but after some minute later the solid screen appeared again randomly.
PSU Checked
Driver update Checked
Reinstall Windows Checked
Sorry for my bad English but HELP

A:Asus GTX 760 Solid colored BSOD randomly

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004927038, 0, 0}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316548-asus-gtx-760-solid-colored-bsod-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Not too long ago (probably a week and a half), I took my laptop to be serviced and repaired as it was still covered under warranty. However, while some of those problems seems to have been resolved (four beeps and notifications stating that the display driver stopped responding) I noticed that it still has some of the issues from before. The internal fan is occasionally loud, which probably means that the system tends to overheat. When this happen, the notebook freezes up for a few seconds and restarts automatically.

I've been contemplating cracking open the notebook and seeing if the fan is clogged up with dust or whatnot, but I'm not sure what the safest way to go about it is. Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS Notebook Overheating and Shutting Down Randomly

hello
just get a can of compressed air (from walmart or office depot,any store like that) and blow it out (without taking it apart) it will come with a little straw, to stick it in the air ports of the laptop... good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-notebook-overheating-and-shutting-down-randomly-452408.html
Relevancy 47.73%

um so basically I was playing the game called roblox I had a couple of IE pages open in the background and steam so nothing too memory hungry anyway I had been playing roblox for a while when suddenly it started lagging really badly for like seconds randomly My just asus) (win7 laptop turned off after which my computer calmly powered off I say powered off because it didn't tell me it was shutting down or give me a virus alert or a error or a warning or anything it just suddenly powered off not like it ran out of power because I don't have a My laptop just turned off randomly (win7 asus) battery in it I just have it plugged into the power but more like it just chose to power off for some reason why did this happen also I have another question why does windows task manager always tell me Even when I have just turned the laptop on that my memory is using like somewhere between GB and to about GB after its been running things for hours even if I close everything

A:My laptop just turned off randomly (win7 asus)

Please do the steps following in the following tutorial in case it was malware, it should not have lagged before turning off if it is a hardware crash: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Please disable auto quarantine in case Malwarebytes finds any false positives. https://www.malwarebytes.org/support...dSettings.html If anything that seems to not be malware or potentially unneeded programs are found, such as system files or programs you think you need and use, please post a screenshot of the list of detected items: Screenshot with Paint, Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums Also, in case it is a hard drive close to failing, you should back up your important files right away after running the malware scan, NOT before because it may infect the USB storage device too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343987-my-laptop-just-turned-off-randomly-win7-asus.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have an Asus U E laptop About a week ago it had the Cryptowall virus in it and of course all the information was encrypted so I dumped it I re-installed windows from the recovery drive on it From that point I went in and updated all the drivers installed what I needed to to run my car software but just before that it shut down once After it was all installed it kept shutting down roughly every - min I thought maybe due to heat right Tore the laptop down cleaned everything found out that the laptop was running normal temps just the fan is a little loose and its going to need a new one soon Put it all back together windows randomly Laptop install restarting keeps after Asus 7 and same issue Played with the drivers made sure everything was all up to date chkdsk wasn't coming up with anything It wouldn't enter the windows memory diagnostic still won't with new install lots of errors and warnings in the event viewer I just did another install of windows and its doing the same thing Roughly shutting off every min When I turn it back on it says Windows Error Recovery But in safe mode it seems to run a lot longer I'm still testing it right now with the new install but last time I went over hrs and it Asus Laptop keeps randomly restarting after windows 7 install didn't turn off When I went to install windows again I tried to use an install disk which that didn't work I also tryed to use my other computers recovery disk which of course that didn't work either When I tested the hard drive for failure it passed I've downloaded all the programs for crash reports but there is nothing I've disabled all the start up programs still turns off I'm at a loss and need some guidance Added note The computer stayed on perfectly before the install of windows after the virus Right after I reinstalled I have not been able to keep the computer on for over an hour on a normal boot Usually its - min for it to shut off and re-start again quot Windows did not shut down properly quot Thanks

A:Asus Laptop keeps randomly restarting after windows 7 install

New update. Registry files corrupted. Another restore. while restoring its doing the shut down errors. canceled the restore. Cannot boot in safe mode, cannot keep running long enough to finish the restore......AHHHH!

EDIT:crashed in restore-now I have a base windows version.....not many drivers at all. Going to see if it will do its random shutdown like this before I try to re-install(still re-starts). This was from a USB install that I finally got to work a tiny bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362881-asus-laptop-keeps-randomly-restarting-after-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

It will not turn back on and was on charge when it shut off, I tried it without it plugged in but still nothing

A:My Asus Windows 8 laptop shut off randomly with no warning

See if you can get things happening with this.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-asus-windows-8-laptop-shut-off-randomly-with-no-warning/2169.html
Relevancy 47.3%

yesterday i decided i had too many apps on my laptop to uninstall cleanly so i backed up the files i wanted and did a clean install of vista Vista notebook Asus on S96J randomly freezes business bit ever since i did that my computer has been randomly freezing for no apparent reason i can see no pattern in when it freezes or what im doing at the time it seems completely random but the worst part is after it freezes and i use the power button to manually shut the computer down the display wont work for a period of time for example if the computer freezes and i have to manually shut it off when i attempt to reboot the machine i can hear the hard drive working and the fans running but no image comes up on screen unless i wait Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook a little while to power the computer back up initially i thought that it might be a problem with the display driver so i updated to the latest ati driver Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook for the card x mobility but i dont think that the driver problem will explain why the display doesnt even work in the BIOS after i have to manually shut down the computer i am just super frustraited with this and about ready to chuck my notebook out the window so if there is anything anyone knows that i dont please let me know PS all drivers are up to date as far as i can find the specs are Asus s j C D T Ghz Gb ddr x mobility

A:Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook

I actually just started having the samee exact problem as you. The only way I will get the display back is if I either unplug the power adapter and take out the battery then put it back in, or if I wait about half an hour until it restarts many times. I also have another problem when I finally do see the display and log on. Every day or two my display turns all colorful and freezes. That's when i have to do a hard reset and then boom, no display again. If anyone has a solution please help me out here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-randomly-on-asus-s96j-notebook-335717.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Back when I originally got my ASUS K it would randomly shut down After a Windows Update in Randomly Down, Laptop Corasponding ASUS Events Shutting Log this fixed itself Now again after a Windows Update it is doing it again I went through event manager and found corresponding events for each time it shut ASUS Laptop Randomly Shutting Down, Corasponding Events in Log down Below is ASUS Laptop Randomly Shutting Down, Corasponding Events in Log one example of the event Anyone have any idea what is going on This is a newer motherboard maybe three months old Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer MTACPORTABLE Description The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt MTACPORTABLE lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Group quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Number quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot CapDurationInSeconds quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PpcChanges quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot TpcChanges quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PccChanges quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:ASUS Laptop Randomly Shutting Down, Corasponding Events in Log

Try to format it. It will help and do windows reloading it might help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264599-asus-laptop-randomly-shutting-down-corasponding-events-log.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys I'm Asus crushes with this rebooted has wit... error:The system randomly Alex how are you I have a really annoying problem I bough I computer months a go Asus X l and it Asus crushes randomly with this error:The system has rebooted wit... happened already twice what while gaming i get this error The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Here the details - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DESKTOP- GR GPD lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Checkpoint quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ConnectedStandbyInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SystemSleepTransitionsToOn quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot CsEntryScenarioInstanceId quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Do you have any tips My temperature seems to be ok

A:Asus crushes randomly with this error:The system has rebooted wit...

Please follow the instructions at the top and post the dump files.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68960-asus-crushes-randomly-error-system-has-rebooted-wit.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
Specs:
Windows 7 Pro x64
ASUS M4A89GTD/PRO USB3.0
AMD PhenomII x6 1075T
2x WD Caviar blue 250Gg HDD in RAID 0
EVGA NVIDIA GTS 450
8Gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws (4x 2Gb sticks)

My ASUS motherboard will just reboot, or freeze. It happens during BIOS, Booting/installing windows, and when booted from a Linux live flashdrive. I updated the BIOS, it still has the problem. I had my RAM replaced when the old sticks when out back in December, I've been having problems since then. Is it possible the old RAM could have screwed over my motherboard too?
I have heard some say it helps to take the ASUS Q-shield off because it causes a short on the motherboard, but I tried that too.

The board is still covered under warranty, I should be able to get a replacement if it turns out the board is bad.

Any suggestions?

A:ASUS M4A89GTD/PRO USB3.0 motherboard reboots randomly.

Sorry you are having problems.

Do you get any diagnostic beeps when powering up?

Did you reset bios to factory default?

What if you remove the motherboard from the case and boot up?

When you booted up with Linux, did you remove SATA cables to HD and optical drive?

Is your power supply sufficient?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210766-asus-m4a89gtd-pro-usb3-0-motherboard-reboots-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just put this system splash w/ screen Shows Freeze. Asus "asus" A7V400MX then 2400+ sempron together last night all the drives cd HDD s are from a previous computer but the mobo cpu and ram kingston mhz mb are new Entire system contents w power supply mitsumi quot i think quot came with case years ago asus a v onboard sound vid network AMD sempron ghz retail w fan kingston mhz mb pc no add in pci or agp x GB HDD x cd one burner and floppy the problem after Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. installing everything I turned the computer on it turns on then off and back on as others on this board have mentioned to be normal for this board but then the it starts to post but doesnt even get past the Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. quot splash asus a v screen quot then it just hangs indefinetly suspiciou on the quot splash screen quot it shows press tab to show post and press alt F to flash bios but niether gives any response Ctrl Alt Del does reset the comp only to bring me back to the same spot a little frustrated thinking possible power supply unit or even processor It does beep once short and then stops and I ve tried the FSB jumpers set to and mhz both with the same result I even tried clearing the CMOS with no change not a big suprise since its never been used please help THANK YOU nbsp

A:Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze.

common problems

well, first off. The beep you heard is natural. It means that the POST (power on self test) went through sucessfully! you might need to check the processor. Sometimes, processors can cause a bad instruction to activate, which causes your computer to freeze. The powersupply also could be an important factor. You should turn the computer on with the least amount of things. for example... (motherboard, 1 stick of ram, processor, harddrive, and the powersupply) doing this will limit what could be wrong and make it easier to troubleshoot. I would definetly check the processor, and even possibly the memory. hope this helps!

"from a person's perspective"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v400mx-w-sempron-2400-shows-asus-splash-screen-then-freeze.18032/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have just bought an Asus N VC with Windows Vista and this laptop disconnects randomly from Internet It is not that it lose the Wifi signal but it looks like the laptop stops recieving data after a while Firefox or IE tries to get the web page and eventualy displays an empty page white without error message Then I Internet. Windows disconnects with N51VC Vista from Asus randomly have to disconnect my laptop from the Wifi signal and to re-connect it to the same Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. signal so that it works again I have in parallel two other laptops Windows Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. XP and Windows Server and when Internet does not work on my Asus N VC it works without problem on two other PCs Here is all I have already try unsuccessfully - I have updated the Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. Wifi driver - I have installed the SP of Vista - I have uninstalled all Antiviruses Firewalls Defenders - I have forced my computer no to deactivate my wifi card even in case of energy saving - I have tried with or without fixed IP with or without the DNS recommended by my ISP - I have reinstalled the initial image of the OS such as supplied by the manufacturer I do not know any more what I can do does somebody would have any idea Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/235406-asus-n51vc-windows-vista-disconnects-randomly-internet.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My brand new PC maybe around weeks old PC just shuts off randomly like week after This has happened twice since I ve bought it First time it turn off the monitor and mouse and keyboard none were working at all the keyboard lights were off but the pc was still running The fan turned super loud and I tried pressing the power button in and it wouldn t shut off So I left it alone for a couple mins and still no change had to take out the plug Second time was a couple minutes ago same thing monitor off keyboard off mouse off pc still on But this time no loud fan noise just the regular amount it makes I would really shuts Asus pc randomly New turn power doesnt off, off button enjoy some feedback on this Could it be a dust issue I New Asus randomly shuts off, power button doesnt turn pc off mean its brand new so It shouldn t be a problem I think Oh and both of the times I was playing a game first League of Legends second time Smite Operating System Windows bit System Model M BB Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon Hd graphics CPUs GHz RAM GB Monitor Dell E WFP Chip Type AMD Radeon HD D Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:New Asus randomly shuts off, power button doesnt turn pc off

Did you buy this PC from a store? If so, return it. If you built it yourself let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-randomly-shuts-off-power-button-doesnt-turn-pc-off.204704/
Relevancy 46.87%

Have weird issue with my ASUS X554LJ buit in card reader (RealTek, God knows which one). When you plug any SD card, at random period of time (mostly when you click My Computer or browse folders) sd card randomly re-ejects and opens its folder.

Any idea how to solve this?
Win 10 x64

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62667-asus-x554lj-cardreader-randomly-unmount-mount-sd-cards.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently reinstalled Windows, updated everything and today I started getting this BSOD that says something about "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" or something along those lines. There's no rhyme or reason (that I can tell) so it's really aggravating.

I'm attaching the zip file that the instruction say you need (I followed option 2). Hopefully I did it right.

jersharocks.zip

A:page fault in nonpaged area randomly on Asus laptop

Remove Panda URL checker or whatever it's called that's the cause. Or replace Panda with Avast.

Code:
ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 11:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

atkwmiacpi64.sys Wed Sep 7 03:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 00:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

AsusTP.sys Thu Jan 10 14:29:56 2013 (50EEC254)
Asis transformer pad filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusTP.sys

L1C63x64.sys Mon Apr 1 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys

iBtFltCoex.sys Thu Apr 18 16:17:24 2013 (51700074)
Intel Centrino Wireless (Bluetooth Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iBtFltCoex.sys

btmaux.sys Mon Jul 22 16:19:46 2013 (51ED3F82)
Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmaux.sys

iwdbus.sys Thu Jul 25 03:06:12 2013 (51F07A04)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

NETwew00.sys Thu Aug 22 23:20:34 2013 (521680A2)
Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter (Windows 8 only AFAIK).
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NETwew00.sys

btmhsf.sys Thu Sep 5 14:12:49 2013 (52287541)
Intel Proset Bluetooth HighSpeed Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmhsf.sys

igdkmd64.sys Tue Sep 17 02:08:54 2013 (52379D96)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

AsHIDSwitch64.sys Tue Oct 8 03:45:17 2013 (525363AD)
HID driver for ASUS Wireless Radio Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsHIDSwitch64.sys

NNSNAHSL.sys Thu Jan 16 18:27:55 2014 (52D8169B)
Panda Security Network Activity Hook Server LWF
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSNAHSL.sys

PSKMAD.sys Tue Mar 25 13:55:02 2014 (53317CA6)
Panda Kernel Memory Access Driver (x64)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PSKMAD.sys

NNSPrv.sys Wed Jun 4 16:27:34 2014 (538F2CD6)
Panda Network Provider
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSPrv.sys

NNSAlpc.sys Wed Jun 4 16:31:10 2014 (538F2DAE)
Panda Security Application Layer Protocol Colorizer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSAlpc.sys

NNSTlsc.sys Wed Jun 4 16:33:39 2014 (538F2E43)
Panda Security Transport Layer Session Colorizer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSTlsc.sys

NNSStrm.sys Wed Jun 4 16:37:37 2014 (538F2F31)
Panda Streamer Streamer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSStrm.sys

NNSPicc.sys Wed Jun 4 17:26:42 2014 (538F3AB2)
Panda Security Process Info Colorizer Client
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSPicc.sys

NNSProt.sys Wed Jun 4 17:30:03 2014 (538F3B7B)
Panda Security Network Protector
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSProt.sys

NNSIds.sys Wed Jun 4 17:37:05 2014 (538F3D21)
Panda Security Intrusion Detection System
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSIds.sys

NNSPop3.sys Wed Jun 4 17:43:40 2014 (538F3EAC)
Panda Security Pop3 Parser
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSPop3.sys

NNSSmtp.sys Wed Jun 4 17:52:12 2014 (538F40AC)
Panda Security SMTP Parser
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSSmtp.sys

NNSPihsw.sys We... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60992-page-fault-nonpaged-area-randomly-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hey I've had my laptop for about months now and I keep having this random freezing problem where the laptop won't function at all issues,etc. Freezing/Hanging Randomly X750 Asus Kernel - but the last sound will loop a milisecond loop Asus X750 Freezing/Hanging Randomly - Kernel issues,etc. so it sounds like a scream if there is no sound nothing will loop i've been going into the event viewer and have been noticing some errors mistakes warning etc here are some more detailed can be provided if asked Windows Store failed to sync machine licenses Result code x The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report processor all have these errors Audit events have been dropped by the transport The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly When i bought it new it hanged up once before i downloaded any real software so i updated my drivers and such and it started becoming less intermittent so then i updated my bios came from asus and it stopped for a while - however within the past days i had restarts because of this in one day edit i have read other posts on here - none of themcan really apply because i don't have those drivers or those anti-virus software installed Windows

A:Asus X750 Freezing/Hanging Randomly - Kernel issues,etc.

Windows 8.1, Asus X750L, Icecool technology, intel i5-4200U, 6gb of ram, 750gb hdd, Temps Cpu is around 36-37 while doing this and music is on, with the whole laptop is 37 while the doing this and music as well
If more info is needed

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50956-asus-x750-freezing-hanging-randomly-kernel-issues-etc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have just bought an Asus N VC with Windows Vista and this laptop disconnects randomly from Internet It is not that it lose the Wifi signal but it looks like the laptop stops recieving data after a while Firefox or IE tries to get the web page and eventualy displays an empty page white without error message Then I have to disconnect my laptop from the Wifi signal and to re-connect it to the same signal so that it works again I have in parallel two with from Asus N51VC disconnects Windows randomly Internet. Vista other laptops Windows XP and Windows Server and when Internet does not work on my Asus N VC it Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. works without problem on two other PCs Here is all I have already try unsuccessfully - I have updated the Wifi driver - I have installed the SP of Vista - I have uninstalled all Antiviruses Firewalls Defenders - I have forced my computer no to deactivate my wifi card even in case of energy saving - I have tried with or without fixed IP with or without the DNS recommended by my ISP - I have reinstalled the initial image of the OS such as supplied by the manufacturer I do not know any more what I can do does somebody would have any idea Thank you

A:Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet.

I cannot edit my message, my laptop is a N50VC ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-n51vc-with-windows-vista-disconnects-randomly-from-internet-391489.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi, i have hp laptop from 2 years and it dont power on.
it flash green light and yellow light for 2 second and again green light and yellow.i dont have any battery in my laptop. i work on ac power . do any one know why its not powering on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-power-blink-and-battry-power-blink.975177/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Aggravating issue here Brand spanking new Asus G JM-DS here not Power BSOD: Randomly, G750JM Driver State New Failure Asus even weeks old BSOD with Driver State Power Failure on what I call random occurrence Only reason I'm not taking it back is because I'm now in Ireland instead of the States where I bought it already took back one the first day lol Bought it in store to make sure I had a good and ready laptop BEFORE I left for my trip instead of buying on the internet and having to ship back forth if there were issues of course there were knowing my luck hah Anyway Windows bunch of games installed sometimes it'll BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM happen in a game sometimes during a Skype call sometimes surfing the web or watching a video on my external harddrive sometimes I'll walk away and leave the browser open and I come back to it restarted for some reason Check the logs and sure enough it BSOD'd Happens once a day or every days now The only thing I can think that it always happens is when I'm connected to the internet wirelessly almost always Went a few days when I didn't have internet and it didn't crash I've Googled and BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM Googled for a few days trying to solve BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM on my own but it always comes back Just off the top of my bad memory I believe I've ran memory and hard drive checks updated the BIOS from to tried a bunch of drivers from Asus site some don't actually install for some reason like the network ones just make my CD drive beep and never opens and gone down the entire device list clicking quot check get driver updates quot and updated a couple of those Anyways wall of text really need someone else's brain for this Already contacted the store I bought it from but they're definitely not going to want to pay shipping from Ireland and US twice and neither am I since I bought the warranty and its still in the day period Here's the file you techies need I believe I did everything as instructed and hopefully followed all the rules Cheers and thanks ahead of time

A:BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM

i am currently having the same problem i just bought the computer a month ago. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but in the event log at the time of crash i get critical kernal-power error 41. i have tried going to my drivers to see if any have an exclamation point showing they are out of date but they all say up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47857-bsod-driver-state-power-failure-randomly-new-asus-g750jm.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have found a few people with similar problems after extensive searching but nothing I have tried has worked so far I recently built a new PC from scratch and installed Vista which I am still getting to grips with Everything works fine except the wireless connection drops seemingly at random (other Vista unaffected disconnects with Asus Wifi + randomly computers Wireless Solo about - times a day When it disconnects there are no wireless networks availible to connect to there are usually different networks in the list and I have to disable and enable wireless networking on the network connections screen When Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected I initially set up the computer i had a lot of trouble getting the wireless to work at all due to interference between the asus wifi software and vista In order to get it to work I manually installed the drivers from the realtek website Other computers connected to the Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected network are unaffected by the drop outs including my XP laptop which I have right next to the computer Connection strength and internet speed is fine when it actually works All the software I am running is pretty much the same as on Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected my XP laptop so I can t think of any problems there I have tried numerous wireless channels changing from b g to g only resetting the router and reinstalling the wifi drivers several times powersaving has been disabled for the wifi card also One thing that is a little perculiar is that even though the wireless adapter is part of the motherboard it appears as a usb device in the quot safely remove hardware quot list but i have been unable to find alternative drivers This is all the information I can think to provide other details are listed below PC intel Q vista ultimate bit Asus PK -E motherboard with Asus Wifi Solo Realtek RTL L Drivers installed version Wireless Be Broadband UK SpeedTouch b g Channel Selection Manual Channel Allow multicast from Broadband Network Yes Broadcast Network Name No Allow New Devices New stations are allowed automatically Security Mode WEP bit here is what i get from trying ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users teaeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name teaeff-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List config Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc cd b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A B D-C DE- A-BB - FC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a d eba Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a a... Read more

A:Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-randomly-disconnects-with-vista-asus-wifi-solo-other-computers-unaffected.691204/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 41.28%

a little bit of redirecting,(not responding),slow, won't restart,"verizon access manager has encountered a problem and must shut down",replaced Samsung 512kb memory with an offbrand 512b memory.presently have DefenderPro2012 installed but i still have serious problem.Can you help me,please?

A:XP on da blink

Hello, lets see if malware is in the way. If it starts at all.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. .Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log has a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, go to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder > Tools > click on Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445940/xp-on-da-blink/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me where I could get an LCD screen for an Asus A6M Laptop, a second hand one will do. I've tried ebay but to no avail.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-asus-a6m-lcd-screen.727452/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm having the same problem as above.. i've clicked your links and everything is updated and still no "blinking" of the blinkies on any webpage. Any ideas? Thank ya!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-my-blinkies-wont-blink-193220.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hi everyone

I am trying to pair my windows 8 computer with my arcam r blink. When it finds the device it keeps saying
ARCAM R BLINK OFFLINE what does it mean by Offline.

When I try to pair with my Ipad it connects straight away

can anyone please help.

regards calmat

A:arcam r blink

Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Arcam rBlink.
Have you check to see if drivers are available for your OS
Arcam rBlink Wireless Bluetooth? digital-to-analog converter at Crutchfield.com

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40427-arcam-r-blink.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a windows XP
When the computer is turned on the computer screen blinks for about 30 minutes then stops . What would cause that ?

A:SCEEN BLINK

Could be failing monitor...could be damaged video drivers...could be failing video chipset or card.

I would try uninstalling the current video drivers...and then reinstalling same. I would also try a different monitor to eliminate suspects.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311256/sceen-blink/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hiya Had my PC for just over a year prob about months and CPU on Is the blink? my Solved: its been absolutely brilliant since I got it I ve upgraded just about everything graphics card RAM hard drives and even the OS however I m still running off the same Pentium HT CPU and wondering whether that should be the next on my list It was running fine up until Solved: Is my CPU on the blink? a few months ago now it seems to stutter every sort of seconds whilst in a game and I think I ve got it narrowed down to the CPU by quickly Solved: Is my CPU on the blink? ALT Tabbing to resource monitor when I notice the stuttering Vista reports CPU as the lowest subscore on the experience index at only - whereas my graphics and hard drive etc is and above It s played games alright before how come it is finding it difficult to cope with games only recently Come to think of it I did just get a new monitor before Christmas which meant a higher resolution in games so I wonder if that s done it If so which CPU should I go for I ve not got a huge budget looking for a mid-gaming one for sub- Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

My monitor goes through an blink monitor erratic monitor blink blink every now and then It only lasts a half second and has no set pattern It s not doing it now I just turned it on I m trying to remember if it tenders to do it more when warmed up monitor blink possibly I have given my connections a check and they seem tight Could it be a joint on one of the monitor boards I ve done a search here and didn t find anything pertaining to quick blinks only long ones It s about yrs old Any ideas Thanks tburg p s FYI - Don t shut down your computer at night and forget to take out the win cd When I fired it up today for some reason the auto run didn t kick in it got to desktop fine I tryed to connect to internet and got an error quot modem not conneted or is not functioning quot I went through all the checks monitor blink found all in order Decided to reboot I then noticed cd firing up removed it and all is fine Just thought that was a little strange The win cd causing that error later nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi. I turned off as normal but when Windows shuts down, the monitor goes black but the green light stays on. When rebooting, a whistling noise comes on and only when turning the monitor off and on again, does Windows load. One time it started in Safe Mode and the screen was split into three with three cursors appearing. I am at a loss.

A:monitor on blink?

Have you tried another moniter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-on-blink.172215/
Relevancy 40.85%

This is a really hard one to describe.

Text in a text editor or sometimes a small window like a dialog box, install box etc. will regularly blink. It's not really a screen redraw where it disappears and reappears, just a blink.

I updated my graphics driver for my Matrox G400 and it still happens. This didn't used to happen on my W2K system.

My XP install is rather new with the same hardware as the W2K system and I don't remember this happening right away. I'm not sure what changed.

I tried going down a level on graphics acceleration and that didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

A:Windows Blink

hello lemonflavor,

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

also

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

then get back to us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-blink-224382.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just got a new Toshiba Notebook , and the blinkies won't blink on any of the websites I visit. It's not just blinkies either, it's anything that flashes too. I downloaded the flash player and the shockwave player, and that didn't help at all. I'm frustrated...please help!!

A:Help! My blinkies won't blink!!

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Blinkies......hmm never heard them called that

Use this link to Test your Java Virtual Machine

Test your Macromedia Shockwave & Flash Players

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-my-blinkies-wont-blink-103519.html
Relevancy 40.85%

ok so the other night my computer was fine shut down normally etc then last night i tried to start on ASUS stuck PC screen up Fan starts BEEP lights on keyboard flash and the bluse ASUS screen comes up but it doesnt go any further i have tried pressing all of the keys PC stuck on ASUS screen on the keyvoard i think but nothing happens the cd rom drive will open and close I have up-to-date norton antivirus and microsoft spyware installed i dont want to lose everything on my computer by re-installing windows as i havent backed up for while and all my photos are on PC stuck on ASUS screen there DOH I dont understand it was fine I don't know much about computers I know how to use them but I dont know how to fix them AMD K ATHLON XP PLUS FSB MSI KM M-V SCKA DDR XAGP VGA SND LAN ATX I have an ATI Radeon maybe graphics card which has been in for a few months with no probs I recently added an ASUS TV card thig which has beenin a few weeks with no probs Most recently I added my old Epson photo printer for which i downloaded drivers form epson site it said it was the XP driver although I got a warning about it not being something or other and did I want to continue and so on i continued this was about a week or so ago and it has been working ok Its just odd as it was fine the night before and now it wont do a thing I am going home tonight with the printout of this link http www techsupportforum com comp c - html although it doesnt sound like quite the same thing as his screen goes blank but mine is just frozen or not doing anything if the are different I think I am going to try the XP disk and see if it can repair it please repair please repair please help

A:PC stuck on ASUS screen

You need to do a bit of troubleshooting -- take it one step at a time.

At first I thought you had an ASUS motherboard, but you don't. You have an MSI motherboard. The only ASUS product I see mentioned is the TV card, so why not remove it from the equation.

With your PC turned off, remove the ASUS TV card and then see if your PC boots. Reply back here with your findings so we can do further troubleshooting, if necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-on-asus-screen-49124.html
Relevancy 40.85%

when I first statup my computer in the morning the asus screen appears for about a second and then continues to boot up. However if I restart the pc later at night the asus screen stays on for around 5 seconds. Can anyone explain why this is?

I have a P5B Deluxe motherboard and Intel E6600 dual core processor.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a asus f3f running wins xp when i turn it on it will not go into a window that i can only view if i keep pressing fn and f8 and i cant get into safe mode. The power light is on. Please help dont want to have to send it way.

A:Asus black screen

When you boot the comp, look at the screen it will tell you how to get into the Bios(might be setup) something like F1 or the DEL key. Reboot and press that key. It should then present you with a screen that you can set certain parts of the comp. Look for Hard disk diag or test. Run the test. you also have the Ram test , run that if the first test is OK.
If nothing is wrong back out and turn off the comp. Turn the comp upside down and look on the bottom to see if there is a RESET hole. If there is insert a straightend out paper clip and push it into the hole.
If that doesn't work call the manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-black-screen-367673.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My son's ASus will not boot up. He said he held the power button while the computer was doing a disk check or ungrade. Now all we can get is a gray screen with an arrow. I saw something that said 0x0 error so I went to my computer and downloaded the repair tool onto a flashdrive but I don't know how to get the flashdrive to run. I am able to open the command prompt window but don't know what to type in to open the flashdrive to run it. I also downloaded avg in case it's a virus but again don't know how to make the program open and run?

A:Asus gray screen help

As long as your computer doesn't boots up normally , you can not open your flash drive and even can't access to command prompt.
So, the first step is to boot it up with your original DVD and then investigate what the problem is .
When your computer boots from DVD you can run command prompt or perform a startup repair from the menu.
Do you have your original windows DVD ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-gray-screen-help.1064984/
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a Asus 13.3 in touch screen laptop windows 8. I have had it for a few months now. I went to use it today and noticed the volume would not work. It is all the way up in the setting on my computer and the control on my screen help please!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6027 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 455320 MB, Free - 417444 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Q302LA
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

A:Asus 13.3 in touch screen lap top

Press start, in the search bar type "Device manager" and choose it, once your in go to Sound, video and game controllers tab, do you see your sound card? does it have anything there that shouldn't be, like a yellow question mark? and what is the sound card model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-13-3-in-touch-screen-lap-top.1149403/
Relevancy 40.85%

Attachment Attachment I just bought a brand new ASUS and have already gotten the blue screen The computer specs are as follows Windows bit Model ASUS CG Desktop Intel Core i CPU GHz GB RAM DDR I have installed Norton and Office to the computer and that is it I did notice that I will get a bluescreen most of the time i run a NEW - - Please help!! screen Blue already Asus full system scan through norton although I have gotten them without running a scan I have also tryed to update all of my hardware although im still unsure if NEW Asus - Blue screen already - Please help!! it is the latest I would like to be able to solve this problem and not pack up this computer and send it back although that day may be coming soon I have attached the files requested in the BSOD posting instructions and have also included my minidump log of the errors that my computer provides to me as it restarts Please help me Thanks for your time Alex

A:NEW Asus - Blue screen already - Please help!!

Completely Uninstall Norton 360 using the removal tool

Then reinstall the latest version

Update your Realtek driver
Realtek

Code:
RtNdPt60.sys fffff880`02326000 fffff880`02332000 0x0000c000 0x475dfad0 11/12/2007 06:49:52
Remove Asus AI booster/Manager(or any other similar tools), it uses an outdated driver

Code:
AsInsHelp64.sys fffff880`02b21000 fffff880`02b26000 0x00005000 0x477dc5ca 04/01/2008 09:36:10
You seem to be running an older version of Norton 360

Code:
SYMDS64.SYS fffff880`0106c000 fffff880`010da000 0x0006e000 0x4a89e942 18/08/2009 03:35:30
SYMEFA64.SYS fffff880`010ee000 fffff880`01129000 0x0003b000 0x4bcf727b 22/04/2010 01:47:39
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS fffff880`02cb0000 fffff880`02ce6000 0x00036000 0x4a849385 14/08/2009 02:28:21
SYMTDIV.SYS fffff880`02c3a000 fffff880`02cb0000 0x00076000 0x4bdfa4c3 04/05/2010 08:38:27

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143527-new-asus-blue-screen-already-please-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I'm looking for a second hand Asus A6000 LCD screen,
I've tried on ebay but keep getting outbid.
Can anyone tell me of a good website to source
second hand laptop parts? I've just started my
own repair business.

Cheers.

Relevancy 40.85%

My wife s computer not this one - turn it on and the ASUS screen at screen ASUS PC stops comes PC stops at ASUS screen up and just stops The process turn on PC stops at ASUS screen looks like it tries the A drive and CD then HD before popping the ASUS screen but it just hangs at that screen I hit tab for the POST screen and then DEL to enter setup exit and save no changing allows the PC to boot up I had observed that the date and time was being lost when the machine is off I opened the box cleaned out dust mites dead aliens old electrons etc and installed a new battery Now it still does the same thing but loses some time It has lost about two hours in the last three days Checking configurations with the book the boot sequence looks OK and after the save and continue it boots up OK I haven t attempted to update bios It is a machine ASUS A V X-X Motherboard MB memory and I think a G processor The ASUS bios online reports it is a beta bios from Updating the bios is scary so I m looking to exhaust alternatives Any ideas thanks -b nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all Been having a few computer troubles last couple of days Up until now I have never had a computer crash since building my machine Occasionally I've had to force-quit a program but never random crashes I've had in the last day or so though And none of them have happened with a BSoD The last one to happen was while watching movies full-screen full screen games, randomly; Computer crashes a movie I Ctrl Alt Del'd and it got stuck showing a message quot preparing security options quot with the time-circle but never progressed past that point They all seem to happen at random regardless Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies of what I do When playing full-screen games watching full-screen movies or even just sitting idling I've tried updating my MOBO BiOS my gfx driver tried taking out and setting the RAM again and even ran a full-system scan with both anti-virus and with CCleaner I'm afraid I'm not sure what I should do I tried to upload the files from the SF Diagnostic Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies Tool but got a message saying I didn't have the correct Security Token If there's any other information that you require of me please don't hesitate to ask

A:Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies

Put the files on Dropbox or Skydrive and post a link here. Will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271641-computer-crashes-randomly-full-screen-games-full-screen-movies.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Replaced the screen on my brothers lenovo G50-80 and now the screen wont turn on. I did a hard reset (holding the power button for 30 sec without the battery then put it back in) the only thing that happens is that the two front led lights blink once and that's it. Nothing else happens the fan doesn't spin or anything else. When I plug in the charger no lights turn on, checked the charger and there is power coming through. Any help please.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-laptop-led-lights-blink-once/td-p/3393013
Relevancy 40.42%

I get a message that says "no signal input or cable disconnected" when I try to turn on my computer and then the screen goes blank. Then the monitor goes into hibernation. I have a Dell Dimension 4500 hard drive. I have unplugged and replugged everything I can find on the back of the hard drive thinking something may have been disconnected, but everything seems to be fine there. The power button is on, but the hard drive light is not on. Also, none of the disc drives will open when I push the buttons. It's like there is no electricity to the harddrive, but there must be as the power light is on. And it looks like all the electrical plugs are ok.

Any suggestions? I am not very inept at computers so please, simpler the better.

Thanks,
Sarb

Relevancy 40.42%

hey all, just wondering if anyone has any experience with blink antivirus by eeye. i read in some posts awhile back that some people liked it. it has antivirus, firewall and antispyware protection. i would like to know if it is any good and how it is on the system resources. it is a year free trial to those who reside in the u.s and canada. thanks for any input. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.http://free-antivirus.eeye.com/ i included the link

A:Solved: blink antivirus

I use it & I will be buying it as soon as my trial version expires.I have used Norton Suite(paid version) & just Norton anti virus(paid version),+ spybot,ad aware,& a couple of others.Now I just use Blink Personal.I have nothing but good things to say about it.I used to use 3 anti spywars along with one anti virus + the Windows firewall+ my router as a firewall, now I just use Blink(nothing else),with the Windows firewall turned off but with the Blink firewall on,& the router,
I'm into my second year of using Blink,got an extra year free,it just caught a trojan the other day trying to install itself on my comp as I was surfing,not even downloading anything,it had it removed by the time I checked out what the problem was a minute later.
So from personal experience I recommend it highly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blink-antivirus.785447/
Relevancy 40.42%

My MAG Innovision 15" monitor has begun "blinking" during use. In every instance but one an area develops random black and white static-like images that run horizontally across the entire screen. This happens for just a split second and on an irregular basis. It may go half an hour without an episode, then have five within a minute or so. On one occasion the entire screen went blank for approximately two seconds.

I switched the computer I have hooked up to the monitor and the problem continued, seemingly eliminating problems peculiar to the original computer and isolating the problem as one with the monitor. Should I begin looking for a new monitor? Can this one be saved? Should I even worry about it?

A:Monitor on the blink-- literally

Well it may be time for a new monitor.. One thing I learned in the past is that computers get out dated fast but a good monitor never does... Not to say that they wont go bad.

My brother has a 1.4ghz Athelon and I have a overclocked Celeron at 850mhz.. He has a 17 inch monitor and I have a 21 inch one.. I kick his butt in Tribes 2 all the time Big screens kick butt.. Picked it up for $200.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-on-the-blink-literally.51405/
Relevancy 40.42%

fter connecting the AC power supply to CPU and on pressing start button , CPU light does not blink spontaneously ,It took 3 to 5 minutes to start blinking and window start immediately as light start blinking on start button .Reliability report does not show any error.Pl suggest me some remedial action

A:CPU light does not blink spontaneously

Ehm, CPU is "central processing unit", a computer component. It does not have a light linked to its operation. If by CPU you mean the whole machine, call it "computer".

If that led is close to a symbol that resembles a lightbulb, then it's the power led, and tells if your computer is actually getting power or not. It should go on when you press the power switch and remain on until you shut down the computer.
If it is close to a cylinder symbol, it is the memory usage led, and tells if your computer is reading from its main internal memory device. It does blink randomly when in normal operation and if you don't experience other issues you can safely disregard it.

Other leds can indicate the wifi connection or whatever the maufacturer thought to place there, if it's not one of the above, try to describe it or find an image of it from google.

Please follow this tutorial to fill your system specs (step 7 to do it automatically), so we can know what is the thing you have in your hands. Without knowing more, help provided will be limited.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260478-cpu-light-does-not-blink-spontaneously.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi.

My Fathers PC is running vista home premium (64bit) and has decided to go wonky.

It is a genuine install, but he has lost the CD and the boot options / system restore etc is not making a difference to the problems.

I have advised upgrading to win 7, but I just wanted to check with you guys, that we can run the upgrade (with a new win 7 home premium disc) from the disc drive, even though vista itself is not booting up?

We will of course want to keep all programs and files etc?

Thanks for your help in advance...

A:Vista on the blink - can I install Win 7 ok?

Since you are using an upgrade disk you will have to use this tutorial a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version as widows 7 will not activate trying to directly upgrade from vista. Also some of the errors from the Vista installation may be carried over to the Windows 7 installation if a direct upgrade was possible, however If you thoroughly read & follow the tutorial in option two there is a way to retrieve some of your data from the windows.old folder but not installed programs.

I would also recommend that you get a second, third opinion from many of the skilled members here before proceeding as some have lifelong experience dealing with computers.

Another option if you do not want to lose all your data and programs would be to check the Vista forums (see link just below search) as many of the same members here are also members of that forum too and may be able to fix the wonky vista installation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/115624-vista-blink-can-i-install-win-7-ok.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hi i have a urgent problem which the rom and blink computer urgent please on dvd needs to be dealt with i please urgent dvd rom and computer on the blink so miss my pc i have been without it for days now i am using my laptop now to do this message so here please urgent dvd rom and computer on the blink goes last week i noticed my dvd rom drive wasnt recognizing my dvds or cds in my dvd rom drive at all and i love playing thesims if i was to go to mycomputer the disc would not get picked up at all and i noticed my dvd rom wasnt spinning as fast as it should be and not as noisy but me just thought i would deal with it later and put my disc into my nd drive to run the game so i could play it then my computer switched off as normal one night and the next morning i woke and turned pc on please urgent dvd rom and computer on the blink to find that annoying message on my pc which ive seen before sorry for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully etc and i couldnt get my pc to go into safe mode to go and look at what was going on and from mins of trying to start my pc up with no luck i knew my only option was to completely restore my pc with my recovery disc but i soon realised with my dvd rom drive bing down how the hell was i going to restore my pc as when i booted my comp up the recovery disc didnt even get recognized in fact my drive didnt do much at all but was trying to run so i had a plan and decided to put the disc in my second dvd rewriter drive and booted my pc again and yes it picked the disc up as this one isnt faulty or anything but when i tried to restore my pc i couldnt with that drive for some reason maybe its because its a rewriter i dont know that isnt whats boffering me to much now i have been baffled for whole days about what to do i dont know whether to go out and buy a new drive if i can get a external drive spare just to try and restore the pc install a floppy drive which i have room to and copy the recovery disc files onto a floppy disc and try to restore that way or kick my computer best option today i think but its not starting and wont until i get this drive figured out so please please i miss my pc and cant stand it anymore ive just had a baby and my hormones feel like kicking the pc to pieces what do it i have tried other boards and people have told me different thing here are my details a desktop pc windows xp home edition emachines intel pentuim processor mb memory ghz cacha - mhz gb hard drive dvd -rw dvd rom and dvd rewriter next time i get pc i am not getting emachine i have had my pc for over a year and had nothing but problems with please help thanks for taking time to read my sad life story michelle nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I am curious why UAC notifications blink the screen out when they come up. When you install an app or try to work in a directory that is under the UAC watch the screen goes entirely blank then pops up with the UAC warning.

Did windows design UAC to do that purposefully, does the UAC message require some sort of display format that it has to go into a special mode?

A:Windows UAC why did they design it to blink?

If I'm following you correctly, it's to prevent taking action before acknowledging UAC. As you're aware, you can disable the feature.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-uac-why-did-they-design-it-to-blink-634329.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Since my itunes has not been working i tried to restore my computer to a previous date, when it worked. Alas now i am far worse off.

It still does not work. But now my computer resolution is fixed on the lowest level and won't allow me to change or upgrade it. The other restore dates that had been available have now gone, and it wo't let me undo the last restore!!

Can You help?

A:Sreen resolution on the blink!

Did you reinstall your graphics drivers and i-tunes after the system restore?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sreen-resolution-on-the-blink-84597.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Blinking Icons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At time the icons on the desktop blinkofto the system icon lookfrom the ones I have. It goes row by row.

I have:
3.0 P4 Prescot
2 Zerox 512 PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro-G

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Dell Vostro Desktop computer with two displays. The monitors blink off and then come back on every 30 seconds or so. We tried upgrading the video card to NVIDA GEFORCE210 but it didn't help. Any ideas?

A:Duel displays blink off and then on

Hi millyjames,

What are the brand/model of your monitors? Try disconnecting one monitor and see if the blinking problem still happens. Also, googling the Geforce 210 it looks like it has a VGA port, a DVI port, and an HDMI port. Which connections port do you have the monitors hooked up to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/duel-displays-blink-off-and-then-on-944762.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been running eEye's blink and really like it. I'd like to hear from smarter people what they think of it before I start recommending it to friends and family.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-about-eeyes-blink.629213/
Relevancy 40.42%

Right,

I have 2 DVD drives, a Samsung SH-182M and an LG GSA-H22L, both on a single lead to the motherboard.

They were working fine up until today (both with original drivers).

I placed a CD in the Samsung drive (it contained an old Win 98 database).

Both drives simultaneously went on the blink.

They don't show up in My Computer, but they do in the Device Manager under their personal titles (as in, not unrecognized).

Both show the yellow warning sign next to them.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but the drives do not show up during the installation, so i can't proceed any further.

(The drivers i downloaded are 'SFDNWIN.exe' for the Samsung, and 'GSA H22L 102.exe' for the LG.)

I have no idea how to proceed any further. As the drives don't show up, I can't use the original CDs.

HELP!

Relevancy 40.42%

I really need help in trying to figure out why in all my games lines appear across the screen at sometimes i cant see what im doing,it has something to do with my Ati radeon 9200 (128mb).I dont know if the settings are wrong or anything,i downloaded new drivers and reloaded the original and it still doesnt work!I turn off anisopteric filtering etc and this doesnt help at all.Please this is very irritating and it needs to be fixed!!!!

A:Graphics card on the blink!!

video

What kind of lines? Horizontal? Vertical? Diagonal? Random?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-on-the-blink.21833/
Relevancy 40.42%

The black blinking text problem what problem?
windows 7 64bit
microsoft small business 2013
outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/380939-why-my-outlook-word-got-blink.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Login to your PC by looking into a webcam

Quote:
Login to your PC without touching a thing! Luxand Blink! is a free tool to let you log in to your Windows account by simply looking into a webcam - no passwords to type and no fingers to scan. The innovative face recognition technology developed by Luxand recognizes users' faces quickly and reliably, and is able to match the user with an associated account even with different haircuts, beards or mustaches grown or shaved off.

----------------
i just discovered this amaizing application you can download it for free here by clicking Download Luxand Blink! 2.0.
have fun..

A:Luxand Blink For windows 7

this is really cool,i'm gonna try it out. thanks for sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/74592-luxand-blink-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I ordered some new stuff sound card headset So i wanted to clean up my computer before it got to the house so i cleaned out everything looking nice i put in the new Asus D X and connect the Roccat Kave headset and the computer only started for a split second at this point only the fans and such connected directly to my PSU would jitter light up So i Fan/light no startup blink, took out my g GFX card and waaala It worked so i messed around playing with the cool Asus software listening to demos Anyway I Fan/light blink, no startup Talked to one of my friends who told me to reconnect the video card into the primary slot instead So i tried it and it did the same thing again Also i tried my backup video card with nothing doing blinked and stutterd for a millisecond and stopped as it did before Now it is clear i felt relieved all it was was the video card so i can just use onboard until i find a good deal because my audio setup cost me Basically the question here is why does it not work now as it did before i tried to setup the GFX card again It acts like the graphics card is still in there shorting it out or something please help Thank you Matt quot eb quot Eberhardt nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-light-blink-no-startup.149700/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I have no power problem, when I press power button only what is happen is blink code:
one white
two orange
two white
two orange
two white
and so on
What can cause this problem? Test was on battery.
thanx

A:Portege Z30-A-152 blink code

Same blink code is with and without SSD and RAM

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91194-Portege-Z30-A-152-blink-code