Windows Support Forum

Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games.

Q: Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games.

System specs TL DR Below Hi first specific sound-loop during freeze Random games. and screen post here week ago my laptop started Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. to freeze Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. on some games osu and Hearthstone I can barely play - minutes before my screen freezes while having a buzzing Sound-loop I have to force restart to make my laptop work again This always scares me to death when it happens randomly Meanwhile I can play games like League of Legends for hours without any problems Since I stopped playing Hearthstone I'm just playing osu This is a game where you have to click circles while music runs in the background - yes you heard it right Nothing more Not even complex graphics FPS is also over The only thing I can do is to press the power button I Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. did everything I could do but my problem seems so unique I tried to play the game in all resolutions Played it in Windowed Renderless Fullscreen mode I also tried all FPS caps from to unlimited I also cleaned all the dust in my laptop no change So I tried something new I wiped my laptop it was like the first day I bought and the first thing I did is installing the game osu I didn't install any AntiVirus browser or anything else No luck Same thing My laptop runs without any background programs on C - C About F - F and while playing I have C - C About F - F I guess that's really normal maybe even lower than average laptops I also uninstalled installed older grapic drivers I hope that's enough information Since this laptop is months old it would be really sad to buy a new one I hope anyone can help me Ask me if you need further informations TL DR System specs Sound-loop and screen freeze every - min on games like osu and Hearthstone League of Legends and Terraria are working perfect without any problems can't do anything except pressing the power button temperature is normal actually C without any programs C while playing games tried all solutions on google wiped laptop - same problem FPS is normal Never had any problems before I didn't install anything when this happened installed uninstalled older graphic drivers Ask for informations if you need I need your help Sorry if this post is in the wrong section gt gt And sorry if I have any grammar mistakes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68317-random-screen-freeze-sound-loop-during-specific-games.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one games loop crash playing and sound Black screen while or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache I just checked my voltage with HW Monitor and my v is kinda low Is this really a psu problem nbsp

A:Black screen crash and sound loop while playing games

If that +12v rail voltage is accurate then that would definately be a problem. Check the voltage in the BIOS as it could be a simple case of HWMonitor not reading the sensor output correctly.

Can you give us a DXDiag report.

Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box.

When the dxdiag window opens click the Save All Information button and save the text file to your desktop or another location so you know where it is.

Then copy and paste the entire content of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-and-sound-loop-while-playing-games.1066738/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

A few days ago I had this problem for the first time, my PC freezes (no buttons respond) and I get a black screen. If sound was playing at that moment, it skips continuously. The only thing I can do is powering off my pc and restart it again.

After restarting it says the pc didn't shut down cleanly and starts collecting meta-cache, I have the option to start Windows in safe or normal mode.

After that everything seems unchanged/normal until it freezes again (this is at random, it can be 20 minutes after / 1 hour after /...).

Prior to the first time I did not download/install anything (to my knowledge), nor did something happen to my pc (didn't let it drop, didn't spill anything on it, etc).

I followed the instructions on the "BSOD - Posting Instructions" to make this post.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Thomas D.M.

A:PC freeze, black screen and sound skipping at random

There are no dump files in your .zip folder. Can you please follow these instructions on how to configure dump files. Can you also disable automatic restart, just follow the tutorial and you will see a tick box saying "Automatically Restart" untick it.

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Can you then enable Driver Verifier by following these instructions as it will help determine if there are bad drivers installed.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325910-pc-freeze-black-screen-sound-skipping-random.html
Relevancy 74.82%

every time i play fable or fear my whole pc will just lockup/frezze at random locations within the games whilst playing it for about 3 -10 mins
the whole screen freezes in places and i get a sound loop of the last second till i finally hit the reset button
other games like brothers in arms hl2 wow or warhammer 40k run just fine for hours without problems
i tried almost anything to fix the problem upgraded the drivers, downgraded them, disabled fast write, set agp to 4x, lowerd apperture size disabled my sound and network card etc
system specs:
xp 2600
512 ddr ram
3d club gf 6600 gt
abit nforce2 nf7
windows xp pro. + sp2

A:lockup/freeze while playing specific games with 6600gt

3d club? where did you get that card and how much did you pay for it? also, see if you can get and apply the patest patches for said games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lockup-freeze-while-playing-specific-games-with-6600gt.35722/
Relevancy 72.24%

Please help me i have been reading and trying stuff left and right it seem to be random Freeze with buzzing like an audio loop i cant do anything and i am forced to restart my computer manually i seem to have all drivers updated and windows is up to date my computer is new to me about a year old but i have only been on it for about 4 month then i had to move and it ended up sitting for about 8 month after turning it on and updating i play a game and i have no i idea when it will freeze and buzz no blue screen i have 16g ram amd radeon r290 video card and asrock x99 extreme6 mobo intel i7 5820k im lost on what to do i have some errors in the Event Viewer i will post she runs fine other wise please help she is my baby

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392035-random-freeze-audio-loop.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My screen suddenly freezes and sound loops during the freeze. Sometimes my screen goes black and back to normal, and shows the Nvidia has stopped working and has recovered error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401865-freeze-then-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I managed to record with my phone the noise and freeze Random Computer Freeze with Random Noise Loop - YouTube which is here Near the end I turn up and down the volume with my speaker I don't know a great deal about computers on a technical level to please be gentle Here are some details of what happens my computer normally freezes resets or crashes after minutes after login like clock work Then it goes into windows recovery which I boot up normally into Windows then it sometimes will just freeze with the Loop Freeze Computer Random w/Noise looped noise Or sometimes it'll BSOD Random Computer Freeze w/Noise Loop But after that the computer is fine and runs like a dream it's just the initial hump of turning on and warming up My system specs are here 'http www sevenforums com member php u ' because i've had the same problem before as you can see by my posts All my drivers are up to date however my Nvidia won't update it says 'Unable to connect to NVIDIA Try again later ' I'm on version won GTX I hope that is enough to diagnose something if not I can give you more information if you tell me how where to get it There are no minidump files either Thanks for any help

A:Random Computer Freeze w/Noise Loop

could you toss us the info outlined here
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

having the logs and memory dumps will tell us far more than you ever could.
Sounds like a typical media based crash, it could be the audio driver, but I kind of doubt it. Can be more specific with the logs and dumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218279-random-computer-freeze-w-noise-loop.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello This is my first post here but i ve known about this great site for a while it has saved my hide many times Unfortunately for my newest problem I can t seem to find an exact solution in other threads I ll cut right to the chase A while ago one morning i started my computer as usual only to find it can t boot because of an error with sound loop, crash Freeze, hal dll I reinstalled my windows and after this incident whenever I enter a game my PC freezes sound loops and after a while I get a Freeze, sound loop, crash bsod and it restarts I can only play world of warcraft at the minimum settings and in windowed mode and even like this i still get some crashes from time to time If I try to enter other games I get a crash right after the loading screen so I can t even adjust video settings Lately it has gotten worse sometimes when I try to start my PC it will run for a few seconds then restart I read that this might be because of the PSU or the video card but I need to know which one i have to replace because i m on a tight budget Now I will admit that I have poked around my PC after this problem removed the PSU cleaned the dust from everywhere but as far as I know I connected everything as it was System specs PC is about years old first time I have problems with it System Manufacturer INTEL System Model DP SG BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Corsair Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB All of my drivers are updated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-sound-loop-crash.1069711/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey guys I have a Gigabyte GA-Z / Sound Buzzing Freeze Loop XP UD with the new UEFI Bios x gb gskills MSI gtx Samsung gb Sound Loop Buzzing / Freeze SSD Razor Deathadder Mouse Razer Blackwidow Keyboard The system is rather old board about years I had this problem before and it went away after re-installing windows last year but now its back Symptoms System will make a loud buzz from speakers almost like an audio loop play audio extremely slow and freeze system Now at first i thought the system was hard freezing since I could not move mouse or Cntrl Alt Delete anything Last night i got so pissed off after it happened again i got up and walked away and to my surprise when i came back everything was fine and responsive which was about minutes later I triggered it again and waited and again after the temporary freeze the system came back and I did not have to hard reset it There is No BSOD No Event log What I have tried Driver Wipe of all drivers Hr Memtest Intel Burn Test Verifier Safe mode which problem does not seem to happen Everything is set to default in Bios no OC of any kind and using XML profile for memory I used the Verifier and set it for all drivers besides microsoft and it triggered a blue screen for Razer synapse cloud based software which i removed and installed the old non cloud based driver so but the freeze still remains It tends to happen the most when cruising the Internet watching videos or listening to Spotify and rarely in games It does not seem to happen in safe mode at least it has not yet when i was hitting every youtube video i can find

A:Sound Loop Buzzing / Freeze

Since you have a Gigabyte motherboard (I used to have a Gigabyte Z77 UD5H), do you happen to have the Gigabyte "EasyTune" installed? That is a know CPU hog and can case sound problems.

You may want to run the DPC Latency checker and/or the Resplendence Latency Mon and see if they pinpoint the problem.

DPC Latency Checker

Resplendence Software - Advanced System Tools and Developer Components

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/363941-sound-loop-buzzing-freeze.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My PC is year and months old I no loop, reboot, boot BSOD, minidump Random freeze, anymore. have never changed anything inside it besides thermal paste and cleaning dust Since september I have been having BSOD nearly every Random BSOD, freeze, reboot, boot loop, no minidump anymore. day And many times through the year as well but they all got fixed by replugging stuff cleaning dust and reapplying thermal paste - During september it was like min of chain BSOD when using it for the first time of the day somewhere within the first two hours then it runs fine the whole day I could play and watch videos freely - Mid-late september it started to BSOD and also reboot without blue screens and freezing until I reboot myself at any time even idle it was barely usable - of september I update Realtek HD Audio driver get MSE reinstall Nvidia graphic drivers no BSOD for the day but a day after it starts again and since th of september it does not create minidump files anymore Yet it is configurated to create them it even says it during the BSOD now I take photos instead Yet I still got one more minidump created the rd of october the last of them while I had BSOD's few days before that haven't created minidumps I uninstalled MSE and the Realtek HD Audio Driver and it became more usable but still having crashes days out of - On November th I reinstalled Windows Home Premium b with the CD Still the same day with no BSOD and still no minidumps the folder didn't even create I had to do it myself still nothing Very often after a crash the PC is running but won't reboot the led of my screen is supposed to be blue but it stays orange a lot so I have to keep pusing quot Reset quot button until it really reboots Sometimes worse it loops the reboot I mean the motherboard fan instead of going continuous uninterrupted quot Vrooooooooooooom quot does quot Vroooom Vrooooom Vrooooom quot infinitely I know it keeps rebooting because if I open the CD reader it instantly closes whereas it stays open if it goes just long quot Vrooooooooooooom quot This case is the worst it feels like my PC is dieing I tried removing the smallest RAM stick when it happened to me days ago and it booted fine directly after but soon got a BSOD just on scrolling a Youtube playlist thus loading its thumbnails I also get the quot File header checksum is corrupt quot black screen few times after trying to reboot Crashing happens mostly on videos and games livestreams But also while idle not often mostly after it already crashed Can happen minutes after first boot or one hour or five but mostly the first two hours if it lasts more while lots of videos were watched then it is likely to not crash at all for the day I suspect in order My RAM sticks GB because I get BSOD even idle when doing nothing graphic intensive sometimes when opening several Chrome tabs I can crash EVEN IN SAFE MODE Even while rebooting before or after getting to the BIOS screen Even while restoring to a previous date Graphic Card like everything inside the PC it's as old And earlier in the past months some particles in games started flipping out like crazy deforming my characters in TERA WoW LoL Sleeping Dogs then BSOD now it doesn't even warn But it can still run games at lowest settings and videos in p or p fps fine and I crash even without using graphic intensive apps so it's less likely to be the cause of crashing while browsing Windows Explorer for example BIOS this one I haven't ever updated because I'm too newbie Power Supply Case amp fan the only thing I haven't properly cleaned ever just sprayed canned air inside because it's said to be dangerous I tried - Reinstalling Windows helped just for the day of the reinstall - Display Driver Upgraded and downgraded many different Nvidia versions but even the ones that worked well don't anymore and having one is worse than having no driver Because I get the quot Nvidia kernel Display driver XXX XX stopped responding and recovered quot error on most videos And I can ... Read more

A:Random BSOD, freeze, reboot, boot loop, no minidump anymore.

I am no expert, but since you have not yet run a memtest and even the Windows Memory Diagnostic turns out to be finding errors i would highly recommend running memtest for a few passes and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386511-random-bsod-freeze-reboot-boot-loop-no-minidump-anymore.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys I have a Gigabyte GA-Z XP UD with the new UEFI Bios x gb gskills MSI gtx Samsung gb SSD Razor Deathadder Mouse Razer Blackwidow Keyboard The system is rather old board about years I had this problem before and it went away after re-installing windows last year but now its back Symptoms System will make a loud buzz from speakers almost like an audio loop play audio extremely slow and freeze system Now at first i thought the system was hard freezing since I could not move mouse or Cntrl Alt Delete anything Last night i got so pissed off after it happened again i got up and walked away and to my surprise when i came back everything was fine and responsive which was about minutes later I triggered it again and waited and again after the temporary freeze the system came back and I did not have to hard reset it There is No BSOD No Event log What I have Repeating , Sound & / No BSOD Loop Freeze Mouse System tried Driver Wipe of all drivers Hr Memtest Intel Burn Test Verifier Safe mode which problem does not seem to happen Everything is set to default in Bios no OC of any kind and using XML profile for memory I used the Verifier and set it for all drivers besides microsoft and it triggered a blue screen for Razer synapse cloud based software which i Repeating Sound Loop / Mouse & System Freeze , No BSOD removed and Repeating Sound Loop / Mouse & System Freeze , No BSOD installed the old non cloud based driver so but the freeze still remains It tends to happen the most when cruising the Internet watching videos or listening to Spotify and rarely in games It does not seem to happen in safe mode at least it has not yet when i was hitting every youtube video i can find

A:Repeating Sound Loop / Mouse & System Freeze , No BSOD

If you are not getting a BSOD why have you posted this in the BSOD section?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363938-repeating-sound-loop-mouse-system-freeze-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone, ive been trying to diagnose this issue for a while with no luck and I was looking for a fresh perspective. At random times, my computer will freeze up with a repeating audio loop, no BSOD nothing and it will stay that way till i do a hard reset.

I have already tried the usual stuff, not overclocking, tested memory, and prime95 test CPU. Thanks for any input.

A:Full System Freeze Reapting Sound Loop - NO BSOD

Have you tested your OS drive as well? You can boot into Safe Mode and go about your business as much as you can to see if the problem can be recreated there too. If not, you probably have one or more background services or applications causing the conflict.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327275-full-system-freeze-reapting-sound-loop-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone, ive been trying to diagnose this issue for a while with no luck and I was looking for a fresh perspective. At random times, my computer will freeze up with a repeating audio loop, no BSOD nothing and it will stay that way till i do a hard reset.

I have already tried the usual stuff, not overclocking, tested memory, and prime95 test CPU. Thanks for any input.

A:Full System Freeze Reapting Sound Loop - NO BSOD

Well, first we should see if a driver is causing the problem which is generally the case. Try enabling Driver Verifier to force a BSOD if a driver is at fault. Follow these instructions.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327008-full-system-freeze-reapting-sound-loop-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all from TSF My laptop has been facing this particular issue so forgive me if this is a long post as I would like Sound from Computer Freeze Laptop and Support] Loop [moved to isolate the Computer Freeze and Sound Loop [moved from Laptop Support] problem Please forgive me if I'm doing this Computer Freeze and Sound Loop [moved from Laptop Support] in multiple posts but this is my th time writing this and the laptop has crashed repeatedly during this thread opening Thanks a lot for looking into this thread Computer Model Asus N JQ Processor Intel i - QM Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT M Ram GB Background I use the computer mostly for some Office applications as well as for gaming such as SC What happens is that basically the computer just freezes and there is this constant sound coming from it The sound is not familiar but I noticed that if I had the computer on mute this sound is not present during the freeze Essentially during the freeze the computer is non-responsive as I don't get any BSOD or any error screens Moreover the hard disk light is not flickering at all and the only thing I can do is a hard reset of the laptop itself All I get is the last page that I am at and the sound What I have Done so Far Temperature I checked it with HWMonitor and it has maintained at C constantly When the freeze happens I can't check it though but it does not feel any warmer than normal Running FurMark I ran it at p and theres no issues The temperature just spiked to min C and max C Running a virus Scan No threats found with AVG Suspicions I checked the air vents and tried to clear off the dust and debris on it but I doubt it contributes much to the cause I checked certain forums and some said that it was due to the RAM issues while others said that there's problems with the audio card The thing is that this laptop has been with me for about years and this is the first time it has happened Prior to this freeze I did encounter some issues where a BSOD showed a physical memory dump but now it does not show anymore Moreover this freeze now happens at anytime even if I'm not running any programme that is heavy on the system All in all it is erratic but I am unable to isolate if there is a software conflict or simply hardware that needs to be replaced Please help and thank you again

A:Computer Freeze and Sound Loop [moved from Laptop Support]

Have you used memtest to rule out RAM? Have you tried disabling sound card to check results?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freeze-and-sound-loop-moved-from-laptop-support-639795.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone I ve been having problems with my comp for the last weeks After a Bios flash failed I bought myself a new PCI-E motherboard and a graphic card to go with it Since then I had nothing but trouble I reinstalled Windows XP Pro a few times and each time had problems with very long loading times and such which I finally found was because of the nforce IDE drivers Now I can load XP correctly and it s pretty stable as long as I don t run a game or a benchmark But when I launch Guild Wars for instance the game crashes after in games,... with (Win XP) Freezes sound loop between seconds and a minute or It even crashes if I leave the game idle in the Freezes with sound loop in games,... (Win XP) menu just after launching the game It crashes wether the game is in background or the active window Full screen or in a window doesn t change anything I was able to play Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones tho it only crashes every hour or so same type of crash image Freezes with sound loop in games,... (Win XP) freezes and sound loops or screeches Need for Speed Most Wanted didn t seem to crash at all tho I only tried for about hours DMark seems to crash mostly during Game Test Troll s Lair or any CPU tests DMark crashes during CPU tests too DMark crashes during Game Test not always tho or CPU Tests always I also crashed once during a HD video playback Quicktime trailer p but that was the only time Sometimes rarely tho after I had such crashes when I reset I hear short beeps and then a few seconds later a normal beep but no video I can reset as many times as I can after that it beeps normally but no video The only way to boot normally is to turn off my computer completely and turn it back on Ok now here s what I ve done so far I ve trying removing my IDE disks and DVDs I have windows and games on my SATA my Sound Blaster Audigy drivers and my network card disabled everything I could on the motherboard and it still crashes Increasing the memory voltage to v or graphic card voltages doesn t seem to change anything I already exchanged my X XL but that wasn t the problem Memtest didn t find any problems after running for hours Prime and different burn in tests didn t crash at all I tried installing video drivers from to nforce drivers and only SM Bus and ethernet without the firewall I tried a few different drivers for my Audigy but since it still crashes when I remove it and remove all drivers I doubt that s the problem My memory timings are now - - - very conservative I didn t overclock anything from the start disabled PEG Link mode and PEG Root in Bios tried with them on as well The voltages on my PSU are good the CPU is about to during load GPU goes to around - during load seems pretty normal Of course this is a fresh Windows install reinstalled about times to find out the different problems I m thinking of trying with Windows XP but I don t want to run into compatibility problems afterwards I hope I m not forgetting anything if I am I ll post it Thanks in advance for your help I m running out of ideas Here are my specs AMD Athlon Newcastle Asus K N -E Deluxe Nforce - x socket PCI Express HIS ATI Radeon X XL Mb Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Gb Corsair XMS Mhz PSU Antec TruePower TrueControl W Maxtor Gb SATA Diamondmax Western Digital Gb Western Digital Gb If you need anymore info please tell me so Mithrandir nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-with-sound-loop-in-games-win-xp.39477/
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright I was told by a friend that I should come here with my problem as nobody else can seem to help me with this so I m hoping you guys know what you re doing Now down to my problem I get this EVERY time I play ANY game whatsoever Whether it be Duke Nukem D or Half-Life I ll be playing anywhere from seconds to half an hour when all of a sudden my screen goes totally black I hear a sound looping usually the last sound I heard and then my monitor reads quot Sound games... all on Restart Loop/Force Power Save quot which usually means my computer is off but in this case it isn t My computer becomes totally unresponsive Sound Loop/Force Restart on all games... and I have to force reboot the damn thing Now sometimes before my Sound Loop/Force Restart on all games... computer goes unresponsive the game I was playing tabs itself and I see an error that reads something along the lines of quot VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator because it was no longer responding to driver commands quot Then it will ask to send an error report blah blah blah Sometimes if I m quick enough I can hit send or don t send and then it will go right back to my game and I can play for another couple minutes or so before it finally totally locks up and everything goes black I have no idea what is causing this problem and of course no idea what to do about it Can anyone here help me or has anyone encountered a similar problem Thanks for any help in advance By the way here are my comp specs AMD Athlon GHz Processor mb of RAM Integrated mb ATI Graphics nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I'm getting blue screen of death when playing World of Tanks. Sometimes the sound gets really choppy before it crashes. Every time it does, the sound loops before BSOD. I had an xonar d1 that I removed. When I tried to uninstall the device the computer immediately BSOD. Currently I am running off on the onboard audio, but I am still getting BSOD. Drivers are all current. This is a pretty high end system that is not overclocked. MemTest Ran for 12+ hours with no errors. Any help will be appreciated.

Specs

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
New install, not an upgrade.
OS installed January
Computer was built in Jan 2010, upgraded CPU, SSDs and Video Card Jan 2012

A:BSOD + sound loop when playing games

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230967-bsod-sound-loop-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

OS Windows bit Happened with XPPRO aswell PSU Coolmax w Processor Pentium D x model number SL AP Motherboard Biostar TP Random when freeze games/streaming playing E Combo VGA GTX Random freeze when playing games/streaming SE HD WesDig CaviarGreen tb RAM g ddr corsair Since the problem has occured i've replaced the motherboard ram and video card Note The SL AP processor says it matches any socket But biostars tp e motherboard doesnt list SL AP as supported- would the computer be able to even powerup if this was an issue ALSO my computers powerup process is questionably long it will take about seconds to bring me to the quot Tseries quot motherboard screen after powerup this is without CD drive plugged in If i plug the cd drive in it will take - seconds before mobo screen could this point to power supply This is not an issue that occurred at first when the freezing started and my guess is its from a deteriorating psu any suggestions questions In event viewer at every instance of the crash it will report errors and critical EventLog ID Kernel-Power ID EventLog ID probably too broad of errors but im doing what i can to make myself useful

A:Random freeze when playing games/streaming

try 2 things,

A. Go to C:\Windows\minidumps and see if there are any recent .dmp files in there

B. I think it may be realated to the processer it's self,
Also check youre temps, are they high?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-when-playing-games-streaming-552884.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I ve been getting these for awhile and they are extremely annoying and frustrating and since I play for money online for games like warsow and quake it can cause problems It s possible it s not on my end but my ISP but everytime I talk with them they say everything looks fine in their stats I began to scan my PC with adaware and spybot to remove a few bad files and it seems like I cleaned up most of it Random in Online Games? Freeze/Lag/Spikes I m just curious if anyone sees anything in this hijackthis log that can cause these problems Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Random Freeze/Lag/Spikes in Online Games? C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search camfrog com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search camfrog com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search camfrog com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Camfrog Toolbar - AF A C A- AED- E - BA -D EB E - C Program Files Camfrog CamfrogBar CamfrogBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Camfrog Toolbar - AF A C A- AED- E - BA -D EB E - C Program Files Camfrog CamfrogBar CamfrogBar dll O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run kav quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - Startup Xfire lnk C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Download all by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htm O - Extra context menu item Download by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dllink htm O - Extra context menu item Download selected by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlselected htm O - Extra context menu item Downloa... Read more

Relevancy 66.65%

For the past few days I've been on the hunt to try to find my problem and fix it Yesterday I thought I finally Games? Online Freeze/lag/spikes In Random fixed Random Freeze/lag/spikes In Online Games? it after running atf cleaner then avg antispyware in safemode All day yesterday my connection was fine and I was happy until I got on my computer the next day today The freezes were back Random Freeze/lag/spikes In Online Games? I'm pretty sure it has to do with a virus but I cant get rid of it After running my scans from adaware spybot and avg they didn't find anything so I decided to try Panda's ActiveScan the free one thats online I came across a virus called trj jupillites a that was in C Documents and Settings Timmy access It said it disinfected it but I think this is the problem I think it's still on my PC and I can't get rid of it this is my latest HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files foobar foobar exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search camfrog com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search camfrog comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search camfrog com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blankR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htmO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Download all by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htmO - Extra context menu item Download by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dllink htmO - Extra context menu item Download selected by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlselected htmO - Extra context menu item Download web site by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlpag... Read more

A:Random Freeze/lag/spikes In Online Games?

Hello there and welcome to Bleeping Computer's security forum.I see a clean log here, there are no signs of malware or anything that may cause the problems you are having. I recommend that you post your question in the following forum as you will recieve better help there. Let them know you have had your Hijackthis log checked, and it isn't a serious security issue.Windows XP Home and ProfessionalIf Panda disinfected the file it should be gone, if you rescan with Panda is the log clean?You are missing one important program on that computer - an antivirus! This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.You need to install an antivirus program as soon as you can and run a complete scan of the computer. AVG and Avast are excellent, free antivirus programs..Never install more than one antivirus on your system - several together can cause problems and decrease performance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73835/random-freezelagspikes-in-online-games/
Relevancy 66.65%

hey guys strange behavior on a laptop acer sandy bridge m i gb ddr dual video nvidia gt m hdd gb rpm win not at the same time freezing randomly in games from and freeze RANDOM during video games computer - - FPS drops to zero on crysis flatout ultimate carnage f bad fps in fifa about - fps computer RANDOM freeze during games and video freezing in video playback in bsplayer AND vlc i dont understand what the problem is search index is disabled superfech only boot mode defragger setup to defrag once a week only the boot partition AV is microsoft essentials virus theory is excluded latest nvidia drivers latest realtek drivers latest mobo drv latest intel ahci video hdmi and so on dx updated dmark score over at x the problem is i know this laptop can do better because i have other laptops with worse configuration that work better than this one t - gb ddr -gts m- gb rpm this one should be as good as the i one as a whole about same dmark score but this one works flawless and the i has these problems phenom p - gb ddr single channel -ati hd - gb rpm this one cant work too well on games but it has NO problems during video playback windows configuration its about the same same apps installed on all same apps start on startup everything is preety much the same if u have any tips or suggestions id be happy to hear cheers

A:computer RANDOM freeze during games and video

Quote: Originally Posted by him80us

hey guys

strange behavior on a laptop

acer
sandy bridge 2410m i5
4gb ddr3 1333 dual
video nvidia gt 540m
hdd 640gb/5400rpm
win7 32/64 (not at the same time)

freezing randomly in games....from 30-40-50 FPS drops to 0(zero) on crysis2, flatout ultimate carnage, f1 2010
bad fps in fifa09...about 20-25fps

freezing in video playback in bsplayer AND vlc

i dont understand what the problem is

search index is disabled
superfech only boot mode
defragger setup to defrag once a week only the boot partition
AV is microsoft essentials

virus theory is excluded
latest nvidia drivers
latest realtek drivers
latest mobo drv
latest intel (ahci, video, hdmi, and so on..)
dx updated
3dmark06 score over 8000 at 1024x768

the problem is ...i know this laptop can do better because i have other 2 laptops with worse configuration that work better than this one

t6600-4gb ddr3-gts160m-500gb/7200rpm ...this one should be as good as the i5 one as a whole...about same 3dmark score....but this one works flawless and the i5 has these problems

phenom p820-2gb ddr3(single channel)-ati hd4270-250gb/5400rpm...this one cant work too well on games but it has NO problems during video playback

windows configuration its about the same...same apps installed on all...same apps start on startup...everything is preety much the same...

if u have any tips or suggestions id be happy to hear ...

cheers

Freezing isnt usually caused by hardware.
Freezes such as this are often caused by conflicts in software, too little ram, and many other things.

Several things you can try

1-Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files
(type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>SFC /SCANNOW)

Let us know the results

2-Check event viewer (type eventvwr in search). go to the windows log>application tab. Look for critical errors (they have red in the left hand column) that say app hang, app crash, or anything related to the problem.

When you find them note the event ID and source codes and tell us hat they are.

3-Boot into safe mode (with networking).
Does it still do it then? If not it is probably a software conflict.

4-Go into device manager (type device manager in search).
Are there any "unknown drivers" with yellow question marks on them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/187894-computer-random-freeze-during-games-video.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay, I'm getting this issue and it seems bother me for a long long time. My desktop randomly freeze (often in browsing and playing any games). I did reformat my PC for, I think 7 to 8 times, buying new PSU, new motherboard and processor, update all drivers and even do the FurMark and MemTest86 for many times even leave it for overnight but still the problems exist. What can I do again?

My specs :

Windows 8.1 N x64
6GB Ram
Radeon HD 6950 Graphic card
Seagate 320GB HDD
MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard
PSU 580

A:Windows 8.1 Nx64 Random Freeze - Internet and Games

Check the event log for any error messages.

Run a graphics card testing tool (MSI Afterburner/MSI Kombustor) to see if your graphics card is causing this.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44791-windows-8-1-nx64-random-freeze-internet-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey, im having the most annoying problems. Fresh install for windows 7 ultimate x64, never experienced problems like this before. So whats happening, first off when i went to install windows 7 it took 6 times to get an install without problems. Secondly now that ive got a good install, im experiencing numerous problems. I've had 3 bsod's and a few times a day im experiencing crashes like i haven't seen before. The whole computer freezes. i cant even turn num lock on my keyboard and worst of all i cant even click the restart button i actually have to turn it off at the mains. i normally experience this when playing a game, but non of my components are overheating, i think it could be my hard drive as i had the problems installing software on previous windows installation.

Any idea's how to fix this?

A:Random computer Freeze whilst playing games and w

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280679-random-computer-freeze-whilst-playing-games-w.html
Relevancy 66.22%

http forums techguy org security -solved-random-freeze-lag-spikes html post So I guess my freezes are back all day yesterday it didn t happen but today they re back I tried restoring the system restore point but it didn t let me saying no changes were made Here is my current hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv in Online Solved: NOT Freeze/Lag/Spikes Games? Random exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search camfrog com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search camfrog com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search camfrog com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O NOT Solved: Random Freeze/Lag/Spikes in Online Games? - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Camfrog Toolbar - AF A C A- AED- E - BA -D EB E - C Program Files Camfrog CamfrogBar CamfrogBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google NOT Solved: Random Freeze/Lag/Spikes in Online Games? - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C NOT Solved: Random Freeze/Lag/Spikes in Online Games? Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Camfrog Toolbar - AF A C A- AED- E - BA -D EB E - C Program Files Camfrog CamfrogBar CamfrogBar dll O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run kav quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - Startup Xfire lnk C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Download all by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htm O - Extra context menu item Download by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dllink htm O - Extra context menu item Download selected by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlselected htm O - Extra context menu item Download web site by Free Download Manager - file C Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-solved-random-freeze-lag-spikes-in-online-games.522619/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi guys . im new here, im pretty lost ive done almost everything my laptop freezes in random times majority when playing games.alt+ctrl +del doesnt work mouse and keyboard you need to press the power button again to reboot.

BTW: i wanted to do a clean reinstall but i cant do it since my rig is OEM and it was upgraded from vista to win7 .

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 1410
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version v0.3108
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz, ~1.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2974MB RAM
Page File: 1462MB used, 4485MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows

its a pretty old laptop.

IVE DONE:
im pretty sure its not an overheating issue.
Malwarebytes scan .
update the all the drivers.
update the windows updates.
also this happened after i deleted an annoying virus in chrome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389809-random-freeze-laptop-when-playing-games-surfing.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello first of all english is not my mother language so I'll do my best.

Im having BSOD this days after a typical cleaning the computer box. I said BSOD but its a Black screen with sound loop and then my screen goes sleep. Only one time the computer reboot alone. I saw a post with similar problem and you guys recomended to do a DM log collector file. I attached it on the post. Hope help with my issue.

The problems started when I updated my drivers from old ones to the AMD 14.11.2 beta. I though the problem were the beta, but when I installed the lastest non beta (always uninstalling clean the ondest) then the problems still happens. I dont know if I touched something when I was cleaning or the problem is the drivers, or something else.

The problem happens usually when Im playing games and this night happened when I was watching a yt video too.

Relevancy 65.36%

So far this only seems to be happening with Steam-based games TF HL etc Though I bought Bioshock through Steam it too crashes but these are normal game crashes where the screen goes black you crash to desktop and Windows properly reports that the game crashed and you're back at a responsive desktop With the Steam games after a random amount of time the game's audio will loop and the frames will lock then the hard loop, and HDD sound games cause crash click Steam-based drives will begin to click once per second constantly If I'm quick you can CTRL ALT DEL and Steam-based games cause sound loop, crash and HDD click click LOGOFF to get to the desktop and Steam-based games cause sound loop, crash and HDD click start again but if the HDDs begin clicking you have to do a shutdown in time or the whole PC becomes unresponsive After a forced shutdown the BIOS will sometimes reports issues before being able to boot up normally Through the troubleshooting process Valve requested a dump which at that time I performed however that was a time when the HDD never clicked because I had time to ALT TAB out of the game and do the dump write With the HDD click errors you simply don't have the time to write a dump But I've hosted the dump file for review here Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Steam-based games cause sound loop, crash and HDD click

Quote: Originally Posted by Aegis

So far this only seems to be happening with Steam-based games. (TF2, HL2, etc.) Though I bought Bioshock 2 through Steam, it too crashes, but these are normal game crashes where the screen goes black, you crash to desktop and Windows properly reports that the game crashed, and you're back at a responsive desktop.

With the Steam games, after a random amount of time, the game's audio will loop and the frames will lock, then the hard drives will begin to click once per second constantly.

If I'm quick, you can CTRL+ALT+DEL and click LOGOFF to get to the desktop and start again, but if the HDDs begin clicking, you have to do a shutdown in time or the whole PC becomes unresponsive. After a forced shutdown, the BIOS will sometimes reports issues before being able to boot up normally.

Through the troubleshooting process, Valve requested a dump, which at that time, I performed, however that was a time when the HDD never clicked (because I had time to ALT+TAB out of the game and do the dump write) With the HDD click errors, you simply don't have the time to write a dump.

But I've hosted the dump file for review here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aegis

This crash was caused by shaderapidx9.dll There are several fixes listed on this page. shaderapidx9.dll - Google Search

Let us know if you need help
Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\8827-PDKV-2806.mdmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Thu Jan 28 22:36:20.000 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 2:12:58.000
eax=0018dddc ebx=00000000 ecx=11c3e638 edx=00000000 esi=11c3e638 edi=0018dd38
eip=11ae8c35 esp=0018dc94 ebp=00000000 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac pe nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000216
Unable to load image d:\Games\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\aegiskleais\team fortress 2\bin\shaderapidx9.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for shaderapidx9.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for shaderapidx9.dll
shaderapidx9+0x8c35:
11ae8c35 8bf1 mov esi,ecx
0:000> !analyze -v
* Exception Analysis *

Unable to load image C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ieframe.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Steam.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Steam.dll
Unable to load image d:\Games\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\aegiskleais\team fortress 2\bin\vstdlib.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vstdlib.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vstdlib.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tier0.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tier0.dll
Unable to load image D:\Games\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for steamclient.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loade... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65430-steam-based-games-cause-sound-loop-crash-hdd-click.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Heya So my computer started freezing randomly to freeze, BSOD, signal random no Random screen getting BSOD randomly and after rebooting the screen wouldn't receive any signals a while back and I had just put my computer away but decided to look into it a bit more and to get a better idea of whether it could be a problem with software or hardware Uploaded the zip as requested the perfmon file is in the rar as well About to restart so that windows can install updates has computer hasn't been on for a little while Random freeze, random BSOD, no signal to screen figured I should post this here before I restart incase I can't get my computer back to here Also added dxdiag report for system information etc Windows Home Premium -bit is the original OS installed and still using it full retail OS installed when computer was built never re-installed Bought everything for this computer on the same day so roughly months old System specs are as follows Case Thermaltake V Black Edition Motherboard Asus M A GTD Pro USB CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Processor RAM GB DDR CL Hard Drive TB Western Digital Sata Mb Cache Video Card Radeon HD GB GDDR Power Supply Cooler Master w Monitor Viewsonic quot LED Mouse Logitech MX Optical Gaming Mouse Keyboard Razer Arctosa Headset Creative Fatality Gaming Headset If you need any more information just let me know I can use the internet on my phone if my computer doesn't work Really appreciate any and all help thanks very much

A:Random freeze, random BSOD, no signal to screen

Oh and I still had the error up from when it first booted up,
"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF800032B95DC
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071112-36488-01.dmp
C:\Users\Lachlan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51355-0.sysdata.xml
"

Well it rebooted perfectly fine. hmm. Still curious if there's anything I should be looking into though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239714-random-freeze-random-bsod-no-signal-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

This occurs sometimes several times a day sometimes it does not happen for a few days It first started in August after I did a fresh install of the OS had bad malware and updated the drivers using the CD that came with my computer Alienware X- After about + games, during buzzing Netflix and sound Freeze inconsistant. months the problem went away but started again in February The freeze usually happens within - minutes of starting up my computer Sometimes it is a BSOD and it reboots after a few seconds usually it is just the frozen screen and buzzing noise and does not respond to any input Freeze + buzzing sound during Netflix and games, inconsistant. The problem happens of the time during a video Netflix or when playing a game This might not be meaningful I use this computer mostly for those tasks I have my graphics card up to date and have tried using Control Freeze + buzzing sound during Netflix and games, inconsistant. Panel to automatically update the drivers for my various components AFAIK I have done everything to update my computer's drivers short of using rd party software like DriverUpdate but I have heard that those are scams I have run memory diagnostic and it came back clean I have dusted out the internal components Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Freeze + buzzing sound during Netflix and games, inconsistant.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff88004125136, fffff8800a1189e0, 0}

Probably caused by : avgidsdrivera.sys ( avgidsdrivera+34136 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Replace AVG with MSE for testing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366081-freeze-buzzing-sound-during-netflix-games-inconsistant.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay I really don't know if this is Pixelation on the a at moments? spot specific screen in random my monitor or my graphics card I don't know because the graphics Pixelation in a specific spot on the screen at random moments? card is brand new I don't have any long-time experience with it and the monitor is now using the DVI port versus the VGA it had always used Pixelation in a specific spot on the screen at random moments? the VGA before because that's the cord it came with and I saw no reason to use a different cord But at random moments this one spot on my screen Always the same spot goes pixelated while playing games It's not very big and it's right at the bottom but it's definitely enough to be distracting and annoying But when I change the resolution to another resolution does not matter what res and then back to the one I was using it seems to fix it Note that this does not ALWAYS happen nor does it happen often but it does happen I just want to know if this is monitor or graphics card related and if there is a solution to the problem other than the temporary one I have now

A:Pixelation in a specific spot on the screen at random moments?

There's a handy trick to test if display distortions are in your physical display or in GFX card / system.

When this happens next time, create a screenshot. Now inspect (view) this screenshot. If the distortion is also visible in screenshot, the culprit is your GFX card or system, if it is not visible in screenshot the culprit is your display.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286312-pixelation-specific-spot-screen-random-moments.html
Relevancy 63.21%

As the title says my laptop has no sound after an random freeze,
with the loss of sound also came the problem that i can't use my configuration anymore it won't load anymore.

I can get too the lower levels of the configuration screen like my system.

Windows problem solver says that windows audio or audio end point builder doesn't work propaly but won't/can't solve it

if anyone has an clue what i can do or what happened please tell me

A:Qosmio X870-152 - no sound after random freeze

On this virtual way t is not easy to say what happen exactly.
When your Qosmio freezes what you must as next step? To restart Windows OS or what?
Is everything OK again when your Qosmio restarts?

You know it is not easy to understand what happen exactly. Is there some error message?

Maybe you should reinstall OS and test functionality with “factory settings”.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82680-Qosmio-X870-152-no-sound-after-random-freeze
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently upgraded from xp home to xp pro. now my games freeze at the initial start-up screen. can anyone help me?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I recently build this PC and it works fine for the most part Screen playing games. while Freeze but sometimes twice Screen Freeze while playing games. so far I got a weird screen Screen Freeze while playing games. freeze while playing games that I cant figure out myself I build this PC days ago so not sure what to make of it When the freeze happens it is a certain color with stripes from top to bottom I checked the log and it gave this error message Logboeknaam System Bron Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Datum - - Gebeurtenis-id Taakcategorie Niveau Kritiek Trefwoorden Gebruiker SYSTEM Computer Valerium-PC Beschrijving Het systeem is opnieuw opgestart zonder eerst correct te worden afgesloten Deze fout is mogelijk veroorzaakt doordat het systeem niet meer reageert of is vastgelopen of doordat de stroom is uitgevallen Gebeurtenis-XML lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Valerium-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Mind you this is in dutch but the message itself translates into quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot My hardware is PSU Corsair HW Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper CPU Intel I GPU XFX Radeon HD Ram GB OCZ Platinum cl low voltage OS Windows bit home premium Mobo MSI P -GD Sound G USB headset HD Samsung SpinPoint F gb SATA Case cooling shouldnt be the issue Speedfan shows everything is well within range Besides it happend in one game red faction guerilla within minutes so that just further proves it has nothing to do with cooling I read on other forums it has something to do with conflicting sound drivers maybe that could be it Please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freeze-while-playing-games-462495.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games Half of the time my picture will distort and freeze When this happens the whole computer is unresponsive then ends up requiring a reset The other half I will receive the BSOD When this began I used HWMonitor to try and narrow down the issue and notice my CPU temp would spike up to c during heavy load Screen Freeze games. Sometimes BSOD while playing So I cleaned my case out put new thermal paste on and brought a new heatsink This got my temp down a lot to about c during gaming and c while idle Although I made this change I still had random freezes and BSOD I also ran Memtest to make BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. sure my memory was ok and everything came back clear Last but not least I upgraded the firmware on my SSD Unfortunately I'm still not having any luck I don't have an extra GPU or PSU to narrow it down anymore but would hoping maybe you guys might see something that BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. could be at fault before I buy any replacement parts So far that where I'm currently at Thanks guys BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. OS - Windows Home Premium x Original OS Not OEM Verison Hardware is about years old GPU is year old Current OS is approximately years old Have you re-installed the OS Not yet Intel i k ghz Sapphire Radeon HD ASRock Z Extreme Gen Power Supply - XFX TS Watt Desktop PC

A:BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games.

Please update the following driver:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
fffff880`06655000 fffff880`06665d80 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 08 15:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
CheckSum: 000135AC
ImageSize: 00010D80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The driver belongs to Xbox USB Wireless Controller, it is known to cause BSOD issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-sometimes-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-1021586.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My dad just fixed my computer after the screen was constantly stuttering play games stutters freeze screen and My I when even when not playing games My computer got repaired and the technician told me not to update the bios or the display driver and he said that it was safe My screen stutters and freeze when I play games to reinstall steam I reinstalled steam and my games and now everytime I launch a game it freeze and goes back to desktop screen and I can t get back to my game My screen also freeze and goes unresponsive when I use the internet browser Also my technician said that the only way for the stuttering to go away is to reinstall the OS which my dad lost the cd for Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling my OS installing drivers bios Also Im typing this from safe mode of my computer OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Crosshair IV Formula Antivirus Titanium Maximum Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-screen-stutters-and-freeze-when-i-play-games.1039439/
Relevancy 62.35%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 62.35%

This is getting really frustrating... I can be sim racing or whatnot and the game freezes on the screen yet keeps playing in the background. The game continues to work but the screen is stuck.

My video card then resets itself (changes resolution, refresh rate, or colour quality). GPU temp is 78C, card is a Radeon 9800XT.

Why does it keep doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-freeze-on-screen-games-keep-playing.648777/
Relevancy 61.92%

Attached dds txt as requested For some reason I can't just copy amp paste apologies Pasted attachment - Hamluis Win Random in shutdown" "unexpected loop clips sound & stops until play restarts DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Plantlust at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Random sound clips play in loop until "unexpected shutdown" stops & restarts Win Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated Random sound clips play in loop until "unexpected shutdown" stops & restarts Win B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Random sound clips play in loop until "unexpected shutdown" stops & restarts Win svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcServiceHost exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C OEM USBDECTION USBS S Detection exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files ATT-SST pcTrayApp exe C Program Files x Gateway Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcContextHookShim exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp... Read more

A:Random sound clips play in loop until "unexpected shutdown" stops & restarts Win

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Also
Please re-run FRST again and type the following in the edit box after Search: rpcss.dll
Click the Search button
It will make a log (Search.txt)- please post the log into your reply to me. (you can use pastebin as well).

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520592/random-sound-clips-play-in-loop-until-unexpected-shutdown-stops-restarts-win/
Relevancy 61.49%

recently my graphics card seems to be having problems, because when ever i run a game and actually start playing the game freezes and crashes, wit those weird out colours spreading accros the screen. any ideas would help?

system specs:

amd athlon 64bit 3000+
512mb ram
256mb ati radeon 9550
80gb seagate barracuda

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Games freeze and crash with weird colours on screen.

Do the weird color patterns disappear after you quit the game you were trying to play? How do you manage to get rid of the weird colors spreading across the screen?

Make sure you have the latest Radeon Catalyst driver for your graphics card.

Here are the newest drivers for your video card for Windows XP Pro/Home:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Click on the "Installation Instructions" on that page if you need them.

Make sure you uninstall the previous ones first. Keep us posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-and-crash-with-weird-colours-on-screen.66835/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, i've been getting occasional screen freezes and more recently BSOD, mostly when playing games.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer from the files i have attached as i'm not able to read any of the crash dump files.

Thanks!

A:BSOD and occasional screen freeze (especially when playing games)

Hello,

MSINFO:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
Please unisntall Advanced System Care, this programs is known to cause problems as it modifies the registry.

DUMP Analysis:

Code:
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3502
I suggest that you set everything to default as O/C is very risky, and could be the potential cause of the BSOD.

All the dump files are blaming hardware. Please do the following:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while worki... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244100-bsod-occasional-screen-freeze-especially-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone I recently got a PC that my office was getting rid of The PC was HELP! During Screen During Freeze Shutdown & Black Games on Hang in great shape and I was told it worked fine HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games when they gave it to me They ripped out the hard drive HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games and gave me the machine As soon as I got it I put a brand new Tb Seagate HDD in I also replaced the existing HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games RAM x Gb sticks with x Gb sticks with the memory speed to match my motherboard Finally I swapped out the ATI Radeon HD XT with a Nvidia Geforce GTX There was a sound card PCI I removed as well as a redundant fire-wire port I unhooked from the Mobo I then booted and performed a fresh install of Windows bit Pro Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to shut down Windows would freeze on the Shutting Down screen I mean freeze because the spinning circle would stop and the entire machine was unresponsive I read online that pre-Service Pack Windows didn t like multi-core processors and would have issues shutting down so I updated to SP along with a bunch of other updates Now when I try to shut down the Shutting Down screen disappears and the signal to the monitor ends however the machine stays on I can hear the fans running and see the lights to the PCI cards still on Once again I have no option but to hold the power button until it shuts down I have looked up and down many forums with plenty of people posting but none of their solutions worked One extra note I double checked every driver and they are all up to day Also when I boot in Safe Mode the PC shuts down fine and I have no problem restarting just shutting down Here is where it gets worse I tried to play Starcraft and after a short period min the entire computer froze up I looked in the event viewer after rebooting and saw no error around the time the freeze occurred However I did see three other errors The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied - and - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly - and - The previous system shutdown at PM on amp amp amp was unexpected Additionally I tried running Starcraft II with the absolute minimum settings and the same result occurred previously my default was high ultra I have attached my dxdiag and my mgadiag I could really use some advice for how to address this problem Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-hang-on-black-screen-during-shutdown-freeze-during-games.1073309/
Relevancy 61.49%

so when I bought my computer in the start i had a few troubles in playing league of legends like screen freeze for 15 secs during game but they went away somehow.........Now after 8 moths theyre back again and i dont know what to do...i play a game with atleast 8-10 screen freezes each for a same 15 sec wherein screen gets stuck and mouse is moving but on pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL even mouse gets stuck for the duration
my ram looked fine when i reinserted it today but still i couldnt get rid of that freeze after which a message comes "display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"...it go upto 45-46 degree temperature only i checked while gaming pls suggest a method or i attempt to replace gpu under warranty if its ITS fault

A:Screen Freeze while playing League of legends and other games

Use speccy to gain insight to your temperatures to make sure your pc is not running to hot.

Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool

Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card?

AMD Driver Autodetect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/329150-screen-freeze-while-playing-league-legends-other-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys I ve been having this weird problem ever since I ve bought this laptop Sound+screen loop about months ago now And several Sound+screen loop times I spent a couple of hours searching for other people having the same problem Sound+screen loop without result So I gave up on searching and made an account here to ask you guys for help Once in a week my sound loops and my screen loops it loops the last - seconds and after - seconds it restores itself and goes back to normal So far I ve only experienced it while watching a youtube video or while listening to music in spotify But never while playing a game I really don t know what is causing this problem and therefor I don t know how to fix it Ofcourse it s not a huge deal but it s still annoying and I m curious Specs that might be needed to pin down the problem - windows - intel core i m - nvidia geforce gt m - realtek high definition audio nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

O.K. in Windows 7 if my screen froze up i had no control over mouse or keyboard i pushed control alt and delete was able to go to log in screen,either restart,shutdown or use task manager close a program might be giving me this issue.It seems for me in Windows 8 this does not work anymore,causing me to unplug power on PC which can cause bad sectors to increase on HDD.Does someone know how to do this without having to shutdown improperly like i do?

A:random screen freeze up

Well says control+alt+delete in most searches for the way,wonder why did not work for me then,when i needed it,which does not freeze up often.Well it worked now i tried when computer was not freezing up,i tried it again,which is not often.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32320-random-screen-freeze-up.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone,

I've recently discovered a weird error on my operating system. When I boot up my system the window-loading screen usually takes around (20-25seconds), then followed by a 10seconds pitch black screen before showing the
blue-welcome screen.

And in here, my computer would sometimes *completely froze* disabling any mouse/keyboard interactions.
So far, the problem fixes itself whenever I do a reboot, it happens approximately 1 in every 3 boot up.

I've actually did a repair window with CD, and then it caused many other problems with my graphics cards, etc.... but now that I've fixed all that... it came back to this again.

A:Random freeze on XP welcome screen

Perform a hard drive check using instructions found here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freeze-on-xp-welcome-screen.176845/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everybody I am experiencing what seems to be the most persistent of problems weeks ago i ordered a new system spec below and assembled it myself After about a week the first screen freeze occurred I ran a memtest screen Random freeze and this gave a lot of errors I tried running memtest with only one memory bank in slot and Random screen freeze by Random screen freeze process of elimination I figured it had to be a corrupt memory bank So I replaced it After replacing it I ran another memtest and this came out clean days later a screen freeze occurred again These freezes always seem to be happening when im either downloading surfing the internet or playing online games But apart from that they seem completely random I thought it might be a driver issue so to be thorough i Random screen freeze completely reinstalled windows with all its drivers and formatted my hard drive But the problem is still occurring I also noticed that the system is becoming noticeably slower I really feel like im in over my head so please any help would be greatly appreciated Jaap Spec OS windows ultimate processor Intel Core i - K s GHz Quad-Core MB RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz x GB V Power supply Cooler Master M Watt Motherboard ASUS P H -V Videocard EVGA Geforce GTX HD DS GB PCI- -P -KR Hard disk WD HI quot TB SATA Temperatures CPU Celcius Motherboard Celcius Voltages Vcore V V V V V V V nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello. I have recently been getting BSODs while playing League of Legends, which hasn't been a problem in the past. I've included the .dmp compressed files. I'm very ignorant about this stuff. Help is appreciated.

A:BSOD or screen freeze while playing games that used to work fine.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310042-bsod-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-used-work-fine.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
Just recently upgraded to a ATI gigabyte 5770 from a Galaxy 9800GT. After installing driver from the cd, all seemed fine. On boot up, the desktop will appear, then the screen will flash black for a few seconds, then back to the desktop. This happens every single time i boot the PC up. I also sometimes crash to a black screen. When it crashes, i can still hear audio for about 5 seconds, then it too will crash and freeze. From here i have to reboot the PC.
I tried a full uninstall of driver, but had the same results. Some days it will be fine, without a single crash, but sometimes i can get 5 crashes in a single day.
Im running XP proffesional sp3

intel xeon e3110 3.00GHz, 2x 2gb ddr2, antec truepower 550w.
any help appreciated, cheers.

A:Black screen, sound loop.

Maybe you should remove your upgrade.
Microsoft has some information for black screen.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314503

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-sound-loop.897333/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I have DIYed a PC weeks ago for gaming internet purpose with the following config - ASRock Z Pro -M MB - Intel i G CPU - Team Elite DDR x G Ram - WD Caviar Blue GB HD - Sapphire HD Vapor-X OC G GDDR - FSP W Aurum Gold PSU - Windows bit Ultimate However it got randomly freeze and black screen in windows in different scenario - Freeze at Screen Saver - Freeze after away for a few mins - Freeze during Skype Gameplay with repeat sound playing during freeze - New Screen on Random PC Freeze/Black Black screen during Shutdown - gt Windows Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC Update Installing Basically it can freeze any time after starting up without special observable pattern One thing is that it usually - freeze during the first minutes after starting up windows However sometimes it can work for a few hours normally after the -minutes time What I've done so far but the problem still persist - WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic v Quick Test Extended Test - gt No Error Found - Memtest overnight for passes - gt No Error or Hang - Stress Stability Test in OCCT FurMark Prime Aida - gt Temperate of CPU GPU up to C seems normal and no freeze during test - Power Supply Test in OCCT - gt The voltage seems stable - Update BIOS to the latest version - Installed Windows XP SP -bit - gt Same problem - Adjust the Ram Voltage from Auto to V - The voltage in BIOS seems normal within range - Disabled quot Link State Power Management quot in Power Options - Testing in progress Boot Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC into Safe Mode w Networking - gt No Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC problem so far for hours I'm not sure if it's software driver issue or hardware problem It doesn't look like problem of Ram HD given the test results I was using Laptop before I don't have any spare parts to switch in for testing individual part now I saw in PSU forum that FSP is not good I'm thinking to buy another good one as suggested in PSU forum but the PSU is new and there are so far no freeze in safe mode DOS testing programs I'm not sure if it's PSU issue I have been searching in Google and tried the things I found but still no clue at all Please advise anything I can do further to locate remedy the issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-black-screen-on-new-pc-650538.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!

I've built a new desktop recently and have been experiencing random freezes from time to time where my entire screen just freezes and the only remedy is to force restart my computer by holding down the power button.

The only thing I have noticed is whenever this happens, two of the same error/warning seem to pop up into my event log:

Event #1: Error
"Audit events have been dropped by the transport.  0"

Error #2: Warning
"Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
 Network link is disconnected."

I have no idea if these have any relevance to the freezing, but I hope I will be able to find some help here as it seems to be very persistent
In fact, my computer froze while I was typing the last sentence...

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627379/windows-10-random-screen-freeze/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi ive been getting alot of problems recently with random spikes of lag which freeze and jitter my pc for 3-4 seconds before returning to normal , this only occurs while playing games. Not sure if this is a temperature issue as its currently running at around 60-70 degrees on both the cpu and motherboard

I recently opened my pc to clean and remove dust when this first started occurring and this did no solve it , im not sure whats going wrong so any guidance would be appreciated .

Specs :

Amd Phenom x4 9650
ASRock k10n78m
ATI radeon hd 5770
4gb ram ddr2
Windows 7 32bit

Not the best pc in the world but has ran perfectly until recently on all games , so not sure if i need to invest in some cooling stuff or what im not sure.

A:Random FPS drops and screen freeze

Your issue is most likely heat related.

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings.

What program are you using to monitor the temps in Windows?

Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the temps at idle and under load.

If your temps are still high after cleaning then it may be time to clean and re-apply some thermal paste.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-fps-drops-and-screen-freeze-649510.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I m new to these forums But I No Please blue Random Freeze / - Screen help ve subscribed because I really need help with a computer problem I ve tried everything but it still persists Here we go I have a Dell gaming PC using Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help Vista It freezes randomly I mean the mouse and keyboard don t work Not even the numlock key Usually it seems to happen when I m on the internet watching videos mostly but it still happens on other occasions There is no blue screen Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help to have at least some sort of clue as Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help to the cause of this My little work-around solution to this is to wait for a while after starting up Windows so that all the programs are completely loaded and not still processing I ve noticed some improvement by doing this but still it ends up crashing at some point anyway Besides I shouldn t have to wait everytime i turn my computer on I have to turn of off the comp by pressing the power button everytime it happens Now I ve already called Dell and they made me scan the hardware for problems using their tool that you can use at start up There was no problem Memory scan was okay and all Now they re telling me that it s a software problem but to have them solve it it costs a lot of money So I ve lived with this problem for a few months because I can t afford to fix it with their service it doesn t seem to mess up my data but it s annoying I m using McAfee I m suspecting maybe this one is responsable but I d like to have a good way figuring out the cause of the freeze Do you guys know if there are diagnosis tools I can use Or maybe what could be causing the freeze I ve tried disabling stuff in IE and installing Firefox instead but it still does it I ve tried a lot of stuff So I hope I ve been clear in my description I m pretty familiar with computers and stuff Usually I try everything I can and I do some research before asking anyone else nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7....

It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen freezing... Totally randomed... Even when computer was left alone, downloading or something, the screen freezes...

Anyone can help?

Attached is log collector

Tks

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46362-random-bsod-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just brought a new pc with win 7 pre-installed. Systems goes very well and never have problem except when I gaming. The screen will randomly freeze and require a hard reset. I tried to reinstall the graphic driver several times but it doesn't help at all.

Event log seems recorded some kind of kernel error.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AMD 7750 Graphic Card
Asus P8Z77V-LX motherboard
Intel i3450 Processor
8GB Kingston RAM
1TB WD Hard disk

I am very frustrated and hope someone could help figure out what's the problem.

A:Random Screen Freeze while gaming

Update your video card drivers.
Here is a video on how to update your video card drivers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCpUC33pVXQ
Also contact your manufacturer.
Starbeetle

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238480-random-screen-freeze-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 60.63%

ok so i have been having thi sprob for a long time like ever since i got the card actually tried looking thru creative forums even contacted creative customer support several times it happens when i am playing a game or PIERCING x-fi platinum: SOUNDS FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD blaster sound RANDOM even just playing music but not as often here is what i have done to try and fix change pci slot of card change audio settings in creative audio console change latency settings change all types of bios settings uninst reinst drivers s of times manually delete registry entries installshield entries use drivercleaner pro sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS etc close ALL background processes except the ones you can t close probly more but i cant remember off hand this doesn t happen during any particular game either it happens sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS during the elder scrolls morrowind quite frequently though other games wizardry wizardry i DO play a lot of quot older games quot - and there is no compatibility mode built into the sound card or creative software i have tried running the games under sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS windopws compat mode no help either any ideas anyone p s my specs in my profile are up to date thanks nbsp

A:sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS

Hi there,
I see you have tried a lot of things.
It sounds weird, I do not think sound cards need any compatibility mode.
With older titles it's direct sound only isn't it so they SHOULD work ....

Is onboard sound disabled in BIOS?
What entries do you have under sound video and game controllers in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-x-fi-platinum-random-freeze-restart-loud-piercing-sounds.43143/
Relevancy 60.2%

My PC crash/freeze from a long time now...i tryied everything i could do this is what i did to fix my problems but failed:
1:reinstall my pc
2:RegCure to clean my registery's
3:avira to remove my viruses
and like i said my pc crash when i play games or watch movies on full screen...
So how can i fix this problem its realy anoying...
Thanks in advance

A:My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-crash-freeze-while-playing-games-or-watching-movies-on-full-screen.908113/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey everyone, thanks for reading this post.

Ive been having some issues with my pc. My pc is randomly blackscreening with a sound loop of the last heard sound on my pc.
I have no idea what is causing the issue. It occurs fairly randomly. When im idle on the desktop, when im gaming, while im writing essays. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs: Windows 7 64bit
Gtx 670 DirectCU
Asrock extreme 6 z77 motherboard
Ocz 1000w PSU
OCZ 128G Agility 4 SSD
1 TB black WD drive
2TB HDD
i7 3770k

A:Black Screen crashing with sound loop

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800d46c430, fffff88000dd367c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtuWDDM.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VirtuWDDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VirtuWDDM.sys
Probably caused by : VirtuWDDM.sys ( VirtuWDDM+867c )

---------

7: kd> lmvm virtuwddm
start end module name
fffff880`00dcb000 fffff880`00de0000 VirtuWDDM T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: VirtuWDDM.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtuWDDM.sys
Image name: VirtuWDDM.sys
Timestamp: Mon Mar 12 19:25:57 2012 (4F5DBA1D)
CheckSum: 0001A1CA
ImageSize: 00015000

Code:
VIRTU MVP c:\program files\lucidlogix technologies\virtu mvp\mvpcontrolpanel.exe /hide Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
The Virtu driver is quite old, but it appears to be the very latest driver developed. At this stage, I recommend uninstalling it and monitoring your system for further BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361245-black-screen-crashing-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently some random black screens are occurring with sound loop and the PC is frozen loop Black playing screen while sound with none of the inputs work the only option is to hard restart the PC It only happens Black screen while playing with sound loop when gaming I've tried reinstalling the drivers installing older versions of them installing the first released version but still the problem is here I've tested the PC and the results are kinda weird CPU is fine tested with Prime RAM is fine tested with Memtest but the HDD has problems and it has been tested with MHDD I've included a screenshot in the Black screen while playing with sound loop attachments AMNF error The GPU heats up A LOT I tested it with FurMark and when it reached C the system crashed black screen like described above I've opened the case removed the card and cleaned it even tho it wasn't very dusty and placed in again I've ran the test again and it reached C but the system didn't crashed I was thinking of replacing the paste and run the test again The PC specs are the following CPU Intel R Core TM Black screen while playing with sound loop i - K CPU GHz RAM GB DDR Graphic card NVIDIA GTS GB DDR Motherboard Foxconn P A-S OS Windows x HDD WesternDigital Green TB PSU W V

A:Black screen while playing with sound loop

Well, i don't have anything to say. If i were you i would have replaced my graphics card. That's the best i can come up with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366687-black-screen-while-playing-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I want to greet all members here since I'm new to these forums I got this serious problem that's been going on my it) sound Screen with of loop along death Black (sometimes computer I downloaded game Runes of Magic free mmo and when I runned it it would simply crash to Black Screen along with sound loop and all I can do is hard restart manually Black Screen of death (sometimes sound loop along with it) I thought that the game Black Screen of death (sometimes sound loop along with it) is not optimized for my computer so I downloaded another mmo Forsaken World After few minutes of playing same thing happened I decided to run memtest because of ram faulity to check and there were no errors I though that it might be overheating but my temperatures are like maximum CPU in game and idle is - As for my GPU it was - so it would crash because of that Cleaned dust off my GPU and now the temperatures show idle and in game max After I tried again it crashed after maximum - minutes I decided to try Need for Speed Shift and after minutes my computer crashes with same Black Screen but this time it reboots itself and on startup my pc shows quot HyperTransport Sync Flood Error press F to continue quot Now I'm out of ideas and only things I have left is to change my power supply to better one since I have W Frontier old one for - years max to some - W Any ideas what could cause my crashing I'll post my Dxdiag if you need it Thanks in advance Venomus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-of-death-sometimes-sound-loop-along-with-it-584310.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, builded 2 weeks ago my PC but having problems of BSOD or Black Screen with Sound Loop (no signal).

CPU: i5 6500 3.2ghz
MOBO: Asus H170m-PLUS
RAM: Corsair 1x8GB DDR4 2133MHz (before 2x4)
GPU: Sapphire r9 380 4gb NITRO
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
PSU: Corsair 650W GOLD Certified
CASE: Antec
MONITOR: Aoc i2470Pw

Here it's my log. The last BSOD i had was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after putting the 1x 4gb in the B2 ram module.
Before i used the pc all the day without problems except 2 times i had a Black Screen with Sound Loop while Playing.
I tested the last week an HD 5700 and i hadn't Black Screen but i had Blue Screens, now testing again the HD5700.

A:BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop

Hi Animal,

Please test your memory and clean install the AMD video drivers.

Diagnostic Test

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.

Code:
ffffd000`6f5faeb8 fffff800`7d684c94Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x124c94
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff800`7d560000 fffff800`7ea6a000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174)
CheckSum: 014ADEC6
ImageSize: 0150A000

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34072-bsod-black-screen-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

when i play games after a few minuets my comp locks up, the screen goes black and the sound loops. at first i thought it was the CPU overheating but the temp stays steady at 58 deg/c and dosnt rise before it locks up.

im relatively certain its my 9800 GTX+ graphics card thats the problem because of the nature of the lock ups and it takes longer for it to lock up if i use lower fps.

i have all the latest drivers

any advise on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated
here are my system specs

Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ 3.1GHz
Abit AX78 Mother Board
nVidia 9800 GTX+ Graphics Card
Thermaltake CL-P0391 Ruby Orb Cpu Cooler
2GB Crucial RAM
Antec 300 case (1x120mm and 1x140mm fans)
500GB Hard Drive
750w PSU

A:black screen, sound loop lock up

I have this same issue, but they are only specific to certain games: COD4, Fallout 3, Bioshock, Deadspace.
UT3, Assassins Creed, Crysis run fine.
I used to be able to play all these games fine, and I can't seem to recall ever changing anything to make them fail.

Game installs and starts fine. I am in the menu no more than 6 or 7 seconds then... Black screen with a sound loop. Forced to restart.
I have tried all of the typical fixes including drivers, heat, BIOS settings, background programs, complete reformat, etc
Someone please help!
Vista64
nForce 790i Ultra
GTX280
Q9300 Quad Core
4GB DDR3
2x300GB Velociraptors Raid0
Thermaltake Toughpower 850w

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-sound-loop-lock-up.771316/
Relevancy 60.2%

I need help from u guys. Since i got blackscreen and soundloop when i play CS:GO everytime.

I have re-install driver again and again, re-install and validate the game also, but the problem still persist.

Please help

A2AZE1-PC-Wed_01_21_2015__30209_44.zip

A:Black screen and sound loop while playing CS:GO

Hi a2aze1 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I am extremely sorry for the late response. There are not enough analysts. Do you still need help with your problem? If you still need help with this, kindly reply back to this topic and I would reply within 48 hours and will be notified by email.
-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60355-black-screen-sound-loop-while-playing-cs-go.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Gateway NV A AMD Phenom X N ATI Mobility Radeon HD and GB DDR Memory and GB HDD I am running Windows bit It crashes basically whenever computer goes to sleep mode and when I try to hit enter and Freeze Crashes Screen Random and Blue and wake up the system from sleep mode I get this blue screen issue and below is what I get Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze Any suggestions please And also I have no background in computers that much So some step by step instructions would be very much helpful So for now I have did system restore but I suspect the problem is not entirely fixed Thanks in advance Jason Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Punukollu AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml And also can you please let me know as to how can I send these files to you since I couldn t find Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze it Any help is very much appreciated

A:Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze

We need to know more about your BSODs...Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Compliments of Broni

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418231/blue-screen-and-random-crashes-and-freeze/
Relevancy 60.2%

For some reason at random times like not occasionally like rarly my laptop screen freezes/distorts/goes black I have vista ult 32 bit i have drivers and all installed from my dell vostro 1000 disc all drivers work/installed but why does this happen at random?

A:Random Screen Distrotions Cause Laptop To Freeze

Should I just go back to vista home premium or that won't resolve it would it?

and also I had vlc media player a movie playin full screen when it happened

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151409/random-screen-distrotions-cause-laptop-to-freeze/
Relevancy 60.2%

I don't get a BSOD, just a system crash. Screen freezes in place and no response from keyboard/mouse. My computer was freezing before with the onboard video card I had, so I swapped it out for an Asus HD4350. It used to crash with a blue screen with lines on it. Since the installation of the new card, it just freezes. So I think it's the video card.

Minidump attached!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A:Get random screen freeze/system crash

It does look like a video card issue. Try updating your card drivers.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\012010-32557-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e19000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03056e50
Debug session time: Wed Jan 20 15:49:36.009 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:10.570
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80047d9010, fffff88003a9bf68, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12f68 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80047d9010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003a9bf68, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'atikmdag' and 'atikmdag.sys' overlap

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`066e49c8 fffff880`042b4ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`066e49d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`066e49d8 fffffa80`047d9010 : fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`066e49e0 fffff880`03a9bf68 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`047d9010
fffff880`066e49e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`042b4c02 : atikmdag+0x12f68
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword p... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65018-get-random-screen-freeze-system-crash.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I own a Gateway NV52, and the issue with locking up began after I upgraded to Win7. After reloading the factory default of Vista on this, the laptop keeps randomly locking up and then going to a blank black screen.

I've gone to other threads and tried running MemTest and Vista's Memory Diagnostic and they both came up with nothing. I've also seen that other posters have attached dump files and other generated information from the computer to help solve their issues, but I don't know where to find these files to even get started. Can anyone help? What other information do I need to give to get started on the right track?

A:Random Black Screen Freeze, not after login

I would first do a system file check.

System Files - SFC Command
Tutorial thanks to Brink

Then you can view any error messages and see what they mean from this Microsoft site.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista

If errors are found run the test again as it sometimes takes about 3 passes to get it all fixed. Sometimes even that fails to repair it but post back with results and we will take it from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284005-random-black-screen-freeze-not-after-login.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So here is the thing i bought new computer before maybe - months and since the very beggining i had this wierd problem everything work normally but then screen goes black or any other color and computer freeze and i have to reset it It was rare at the beggining but now it is really a problem i searched every single topic on google but screen black hard freeze! and Random couldnt find anything that works for me here is a screen and how it looks like when it freezes imgur the simple image sharer it can be gray or green or any other color and after that i must reset it Here is my specification if anyone is willing to help me Mothearboard MB MSI H M-P B Intel H x DDR PClex LAN CPU CPU INTEL Core i GHZ Graphic card VGA SAPPHIRE ATI HD GB DDR Power ATX PowerLine W retail PCleX mmF Once again please guys if anyone can help me i would apreciate it im really desperate im googline for - months and i cant find solution i tried every single thing reinstal windows reinstaled drivers control center cleaning registry tested ram tested power supply everything is ok but i still have this wierd problem Even i upgraded power supply but it still occurs and it happens really randomly most of the time when i play games Also sorry for bad english D

A:Random black screen and hard freeze!

Hi and welcome to TSF,

1. Please try another monitor if possible to eliminate your monitor from the equation.

2. I believe that board has built in graphics, please try and connect to the other vga port on the I/O board on back of pc. You may need to go into bios to enable the internal IGP(graphics built in adapter) beforehand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-black-screen-and-hard-freeze-671940.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Things have been acting weird on Freeze first screen got Random my mins 5 blue ago and my computer after I opened up a file attachment from my professor I generally do not trust the computer systems at my school but like a fool I opened the attachment anyways I immediately got this bad feeling and ran malewarebytes Malewarebytes found a kind of key logging software and i forget the name of it I googled it and ran through a tutorial on how to remove it However I do not think I removed everything and I fear the worst As far as a specific Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago message is concerned I do not think that I am getting one Unless you want a picture of the blue screen I am not exactly sure what Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago else to do DDS txt is as follows DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Tyra Banks at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG-Secure-Search-Update MAY TB exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Logitech G G exe C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x SteelSeries World of Warcraft reg MMO Gaming Mouse Legendary Edition WoWMHID exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor Be... Read more

A:Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please restart the computer before running this security check.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.p.s.If the SecurityCheck program fails to run for any reason, run it as an Administrator.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513761/random-freeze-and-got-my-first-blue-screen-5-mins-ago/
Relevancy 60.2%

New here. Please advise if additional info or different format is needed. I've been experiencing video freeze up after resuming Windows from Sleep Mode on a new Win 7 x64 install.

When powered back up, machine says windows has recovered from an unexpected error and details indicate blue screen occurred.

Experimented with Windbg by examiing the four dump files provided here. All four indicate that "AuthenticAMD is probably the culprit. Does this suggest the CPU itself is failing? I notice this is a 124 error. I keep seeing as I read up on this that that means a hardware failure.

I have run Memtest 8 Passes without errors.

I have run Prime95 for an hour and a half with no errors.

I have performed sfc /scannow and found no integrity violations.

I've attached the ouput file from you Diagnostic tool and am assuming it provides all necessary information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eddie

A:Screen Freeze at Random Times on New Win 7 install

I see my post has been viewed 186 times with no replies. I must not be following the proper protocol. Can someone advise if I should revise, add information, etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269714-screen-freeze-random-times-new-win-7-install.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone I've looked around every corner of the internet and seen that many people have had this problem Unfortunately though Complete Screen brief Black loop Death with sound of - I can never find threads with solutions that work I Black Screen of Death - Complete with brief sound loop apologise if this has been asked answered before but I couldn't find anything so far that's worked for me The Problem My Black Screen of Death - Complete with brief sound loop PC will crash to a black screen like someone has pulled the video cable out of the monitor and whatever sound was playing at the time will loop for about seconds then the speakers go dead It seems to occur solely during gaming although not at particular points within games nor does it seem to depend on how demanding the game is in terms of processing power gfx or RAM Due to the apparent randomness of it it could be that it is not limited to gaming although I have never seen it happen at any other time so this seems unlikely The PC does not reset it idles in quot power on quot requiring a manual hard reset No dump files are written either kernel or minidump - the PC doesn't seem to know it's crashed Event log logs my manual reset but nothing else quot Critical quot This problem does seem pretty common as I say Google pulls up a fair few threads where people complain of this Some are resolved but as yet nothing that worked for them appears to be working for me PC Specs AMD Athlon II X - GHz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT ASUS M A TD USB MoBo What I've tried Monitored CPU Core GPU MoBo temps CPU peaks at around C which I think is safe for my CPU model GPU peaks C MoBo doesnt get much higher than C The crashes don't seem to be dependant on temps i e the crashes occur at lower temperatures than the max recorded Eg a crash before occurred with CPU and GPU temperatures degrees lower than their peaks within the log which were and Monitored voltage on and v lines The values do creep over their quot maximum quot the is frequently at the will reach ish and the will reach Again these variations and maximums don't coincide with crashes at least apparently not Ran Memtest several times - no errors Ran FurMark on various different settings - no crashes or problems Uninstalled sweeped and reinstalled the nVidia driver I did think that this might be the issue maybe not though EDIT I've also upgraded chipset and bios to their most recent iterations None of that seems to have changed anything crashes still occur at random times They have been going on for quite a while now at least - months but can go months without one then have in a day with no change in PC usage over that time As I say I have not got any dumps to upload unfortunately I've also dl'd the SF diagnostic tool but unfortunately it's misbehaving All tests other than system info give an quot Unhandled exception error quot citing quot Could not find file C txt quot The filename changes depending on which test I try to run I have a feeling this is probably a stupid error on my part If anyone has any idea of anything more I can try or what the problem might be I would be eternally grateful

A:Black Screen of Death - Complete with brief sound loop

when i play game black screen is appered...
i can not do anything without shutdown or sleep...
system:
nvidia geforce gt 520m
i3,4gbram,lenovo ideapad z570
i try to update all graphics driver but still problem is not solve can anyone help me.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244932-black-screen-death-complete-brief-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Good Evening I was hoping someone may be able to assist me with a problem that started several months ago and has proven to be beyond the scope of my limited computer knowledge When I run any sort of game program it will run fine for an indeterminate amount of time and then suddenly my screen will go black and the No Signal message will appear on my monitor I can hear the program running in the loop sound Screen to Black crash with along Programs background My only recourse is to hard reboot as the system doesn't respond I have updated all my drivers including those of my motherboard video card and audio card I do not receive an error of any type in the event log just a message that windows shut down unexpectedly due to Programs crash to Black Screen along with sound loop my hard reboot The games that this happens Programs crash to Black Screen along with sound loop on range from Fifa to numerous Steam games Nothing with insane graphic requirements Hearthstone Age of Wonders Football Manager The oddity is that I played all of these games for months except fifa which released today Programs crash to Black Screen along with sound loop without any problems I posted the link to Speccy which I just ran Any advice would be most appreciated Thank You Chris http speccy piriform com results fOZxnbTzY invwp gygNYa

A:Programs crash to Black Screen along with sound loop

I wasn't sure if my DXDIAG would be useful.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/23/2014, 21:41:04
       Machine name: C_POULOS-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/18/14 13:40:13 Ver: 12.02
          Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8138MB RAM
          Page File: 2631MB used, 13642MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.
--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683F)
           DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683F&SUBSYS_E245174B&REV_00
     Display Memory: 4095 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1006 MB
      Shared Memory: 3089 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: HP 2311 Series Wide LCD Monitor
      Monitor Model: HP 2311
         Monitor Id: HWP2939
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
        Output Type: DVI
        Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1280 (English)
     Driver Version: 14.100.0.0
        DDI Version: 11
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 4/17/2014 21:42:54, 1343272 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
  Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2B7F-11CF-FB71-4FC2BEC2C535}
          Vendor ID: 0x1002
          Device ID: 0x683F
          SubSys ID: 0xE245174B
   ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549532/programs-crash-to-black-screen-along-with-sound-loop/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. My my laptop is about 6 months old with 8gb RAM.

I have recently done a fresh install and ever since then I'm getting random screen freezes (it never happened before fresh install)... the mouse, keys, ctrl alt delete etc.wont respond and the only way out is to hold down power and restart.

I thought it could be a RAM problem but I have checked with memtest with no problems found. I have also scanned with malwarbytes antimalware with nothing found.

Can anyone give me any advice.

Many thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a multi-boot set up with XP 64 as one of the OS's. I have been using it more often recently and it can suddenly give a black screen, keyboard doesn't work (tried to shutdown 'blind' using Ctrl+Alt+Del then Alt+S then Enter, no response). Also pressing Numlock doesn't affect the LED.
There is nothing relevant in Event Viewer.
The PC goes totally dead although the power is still on.

I have Vista 64 also and this works perfectly, so do Vista 32 and XP 32.

There is no pattern to the freezes, at least none I can see, they seem to occur at random times.

I know it's a tall order with such an intermittent fault but has anyone got any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this ?

(if it helps my system specs. are 'under' the PC icon above)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-64-sudden-random-black-screen-and-total-freeze.717462/
Relevancy 59.34%

First of all as a newbie here I'd like to say hello to everybody on this forum and also apologize if this is posted in the wrong section since defacto my problem involves black screen and not a tipical blue screen Computer is custom built all new parts months old I became aware of this problem about months after My system specs i k - overclocked bios reset to factory settings later after problem became - screen Black - Freeze Restart Computer Random continuous annoyance Corsair H i GT Asus Sabertooth x mobo Gb DDR Corsair XMS MHz Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart Evga GeForce GTX SC Corsair -CS M w PSU So this problem has been bugging me for some months now Basically what would happen is computer would freeze if there was sound playing atm sound would freeze in a quot bzzzzz quot fashion continuously looping seconds later screen would turn black and the computer would restart I have disabled later quot restart on failure quot feature hoping I would get some information on screen when it happens but sadly now it just stays on black screen without resetting This happens completely random and so it happens that it is always during some not intensive computing idle web browsing youtube playing sometimes when working in d modeling program - ds Max On the other side it never happened when computer was doing some intensive d rendering or gaming - coincidence or not I don't know yet Biggest problem now is that I'm still unable to recreate the event I've tried forcing both CPU and Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart GPU with tests for hours amp hours and everything would be successful and then next day or in a week I would start the computer like today opened chrome and out of nowhere it would freeze w black screen Btw I've used Prime Intel Burn test on very high Cinebench FurMark and Heaven Benchmark I have tested memory with Memtest for about h and it was ok zero errors I realize this is not nearly enough time to test so will repeat it again for h Initially I've associated it with power failure due to the loose main power cable on PSU but since I corrected that and continued to experience this problem then I started to suspect my OC settings So I switched BIOS back to default factory settings didn't take the battery out but it happened again I know for a fact this didn't happen before my first OC attempt and fiddling in BIOS although I started OC about a week after the computer was assembled but I want to see now if some hardware piece went haywire in the meantime or was faulty to begin with or something else As said mentioned event would happen completely random so far about - times in a week Event viewer gives me this log Critical - Source Kernel-Power - Event ID - Task Category EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xfffffa e BugcheckParameter xfffff BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp So far I have around of these events but I realize that they are mixed with standard instability crashes with blue screen which I had earlier while OC-ing So do you guys think this is likely a hardware fault Would it be likely PSU CS M is not so prized anyway or a motherboard or something else I do have another spare PSU it's a very cheap no-name unit but it has w and technically would be enough to drive the system PSU calculator estimates around w for my system Should I try it I'd really appreciate any help opinions Thanks in advance Sorry for the long read but I've tried to be as much descriptive as possible p s If there will be need I can post also my OC-ed BIOS settings although I don't think it matters now since it has been reset

A:Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart

Update regarding memory testing. Just finished 10+ h of Memtest86 with 0 errors. Should I run it more ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371411-random-computer-freeze-black-screen-restart.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Well where do i begin...
My computer lately and somewhat for a while has been freezing/ slowing down. sometimes my internet wont work ether. If the lagg/ freeze is to long it will pull up the blue screen of death. Only for the past 2 days my laptop has been starting to download some sort of file but i have no idea what it is. Also when i play Diablo 2 (a old PC game, very fun) when i press the TAB button some little window will close the game and show me my running files, and that ruins the entire game... every time i scan for viruses they never show up. Only now that i took off a lot of programs from my start up it is working a little faster but the tab button thing and the random download is still happening. if anyone can help plz tell me. also respond if you have had the same problems.

A:Freeze, Random downloads, Blue Screen of Death

Hello mikelion123,There could be any number of causes for your laptop's "slowness": Overheating, RAM issues, Hard drive, Software, or Malware. My preference is to rule out the latter first and then deal with the other issues. I know you have scanned for viruses and found none, but there may be deeper, more insidious malware at work; this mysterious downloading in the background for example. Could be a Microsoft update or could be something unwanted. My recommendation would be to post in the Bleeping Computer's Am I Infected Forum?If they determine that you are malware free then you can return to this forum where your mindump files, hardware components, and software can be examined further. The decision is yours.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438481/freeze-random-downloads-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone,

I never get a blue screen, the computer never just restarts, the mouse just seems to stop moving, and this has been happening since I got my computer about 3 months ago. Whenever this happens all I can do is turn the power off and restart. Going through my event logs the only common occurrence is that right before I am turning off my computer I get "Filter Manager - Event ID - 6". This is not recorded as an error, but happens right before "Kernel Power - Event ID - 41" which I believe is when I push the power button to restart. If anyone has any ideas or might need some more information please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.

JH

A:Random Mouse/Screen Freeze Windows 7 P67 Pro3 MB

Have you let it set for a while to see if it un-freezes on its own?

Is it a complete system freeze or just the mouse freezing?, next time it freezes do a "Ctrl+Alt+Del" twice in a row quickly to see if you get a different screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-mouse-screen-freeze-windows-7-p67-pro3-mb.1047120/
Relevancy 59.34%

EDIT I have been informed by a helpful screen capture that this is the wrong forum However this keeps happening and I am really desperate to try to figure this out I am sorry if this is the wrong forum but I do not clearly see which other support forum to post about quot system halts that are as bad as a BSOD but do not show a BSOD quot They are all about specific topics and without knowing why this is happening I can't know where to post about this So where should I go with this It's difficult to describe exactly what happened but the on-screen graphics became distorted Screen/Sound Freeze Non-BSOD and the sound from music got quot stuck quot on one note or tone that played endlessly Nothing responded to mouse or keyboard input Had to hard reset Things that may be causing this guessing here Installed a new video card HIS Radeon R I added this a few months ago and haven't had any major problems I can recall Reinstalled windows on a new SSD SAMSUNG EVO -D Vertical More recent but also haven't had any problems yet Started using a new USB mouse Actually it's a regular-old Microsoft Intellimouse I've had for years Seems unlikely but the last time I had BSOD issues it was a USB driver Sometimes Windows doesn't recognize the mouse on waking from sleep and I have to re-plug it Enabled hibernate put computer into hibernate and restored it for the first time with this SSD and install of Windows Again seems unlikely but I did this today DM Log attached I actually just got prompted to install a new version of the AMD drivers but I'm not sure whether this will impact anything If I should run the DM log utility again I will Any help offered would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi folks I ve been having a huge number of problems with my computer over the past couple years I bought it in it s a Dell XPS Studio all still with stock parts including Intel Core i other goes Screen high sound loop, issues temps, black, gb ddr nvidia geforce gt dell motherboard My main problem I Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues can t do anything that uses Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues the gpu even very minimally for more than minutes before the screen goes black and the last moment of sound loops I used to assume this was just the gpu overheating from not having dusted the internals in some time I cleaned it out and the same problem occurs I checked my temps on speedfan and they are absolutely abnormally high As you can see it s not just my GPU Every temp is out of control I m not even sure what to make of Fan RPM Does that mean the fan is installed but not working I understand that quality can deteriorate over time but this was all stock from dell and I haven t touched a thing other than installed some older HDDs - i wouldn t expect everything to be so wacky And even sometimes when I clean it those secondary HDDs are no longer detected even if the connections are in place This is a huge nuisance and I don t know if it s a host of problems or if there is a single root cause Any suggestions edit i feel this should be in hardware oops nbsp

A:Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues

You can request to have the thread moved to Hardware by a moderator using the 'Report' button

I am not a big fan of speedfan personally, but your temps do look a bit on the high side assuming those readings were taken when the machine was idle? Give HWMonitor a try, take a screenshot of it just after you first turn the machine on without doing any tasks, then leave HWMonitor running and start a game up, run the game for a minute or so (hopefully without a crash) then exit and screenshot HWMonitor again. Post the two screenshots in a reply here.

What extra HDDs have you installed? Additional HDDs can affect air flow and impact temps.
Can you give us the Dell Service Tag number of the machine?
What operating system are you using?
Is the OS and all the drivers fully patched and up to date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-sound-loop-high-temps-other-issues.1109871/
Relevancy 58.91%

Edit My PSU died so I assume sound Black requiring reboot loop and crash screen that was the cause of the issue this whole time a half functioning power supply This issue occurs whether I am gaming or not but gaming causes it Black screen and sound loop crash requiring reboot to occur more often In fact my pc crashed typing this post so I'm currently rewriting it all When I go to reboot the computer I notice CPU fans and top back are off I'm not sure if that means anything but yesterday I had to reseat my GPU ram etc to get my computer bootable due to this issue I'm not really sure what to do I've tried many things I've had this black screen issue for months now RAM is fine memtest doesn't detect any issues I have tried using only one of the ram sticks at a time as well I have tried reseating the GPU putting it into a different slot Newest GPU drivers Temps are good all under idle Tried Windows Windows HDD and SSD Making sure all the PSU cables are fully in their place along with every other cable in the PC Have taken out all of the PC parts out and rebuilt my PC Booted PC without CMOS battery Installed a mobo speaker and all is normal there I've tried using the other GPU video headers Furmark gets my GPU to c under maximum load My cpu I believe gets to c I can't find any memory dumps since it's not a BSOD But I could potentially be looking in the wrong places Event Viewer only tells me that the PC turned off unexpectedly I'm thinking of sending the GPU to MSI it's still good for warranty and all but I don't even know what exactly is causing this weird issue

A:Black screen and sound loop crash requiring reboot

Please run hardware diagnostics you haven't done.
Also make sure your drivers are updated.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70196-black-screen-sound-loop-crash-requiring-reboot.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Curls up in a little crash, No screen. loop, signal sound blue occasional corner and cries This is day three of my troubleshooting for a crash problem i ve been having It started about two weeks ago while playing dragons age origins I would reach a cut scene anywhere from mins to hours into the game No signal crash, sound loop, occasional blue screen. and my monitor would suddenly loose signal Most of the time I could hear the ingame music running just fine but occasionally it would loop and stutter too Since DAO has notable compatibility issues with windows and everything else ran No signal crash, sound loop, occasional blue screen. just dandy I spent a day trying the following Updating my graphics drivers Downgrading my No signal crash, sound loop, occasional blue screen. graphics drivers Updating my sound drivers Disabling my sound all together Playing on the lowest graphic settings possible Assigning DAO one core Disabling my anti-virius Running as administrator Running in xp-combatiblity mode Installing the patch Running in windowed mode None of which worked In fact it all created a new problem An inablity to restart if i shut down and manually boot back up again everything is fine but most read not all restarts either manually or via desktop fail sometimes with a memory dump bsod sometimes just getting to a blackscreen So I completed two startup repairs and then restored to a point days prior to any of my tinkering It all seemed fine so I phoned home and begged a copy of xp to be posted to me so I could partition the HDD and play DAO that way instead In the meantime I downloaded and began to play perfect world international and began seeing the same problem Sometimes it runs just fine for a few hours sometimes it goes on the loading screen Bleh thinks I maybe its not a Windows problem at all especially as the start up issue reappeared too Since most of the bsod s seem to be memory dumps my first port of call was to fiddle with me ram sticks Now I made a rookie mistake when I built this rig and accidentaly have G DDR - ram instead of Initially this did cause problems but its all been fine since I put in a pair of G ram to help the clockdown So anyway I have now tried Removing all the DDR - ram Removing all the DDR- ram Removing all ram apart from DDR- stick Flashing the Bios Updating mobo drivers Disabling Aero profile Disabling all un-necessary programmes and processes Moving my monitor connection from second port of graphics card into the first port Removing the case cover to get more airflow nothing appears to be very hot Running in safe mode yes everything seemed to work ok but then as graphics card drivers don t work I couldn t test the programmes I knew were making it crash Checking all connections on the mobo Using a normal USB mouse and keyboard Using an old Asus inch monitor The PC did not like the mobo flash very much an area sorry my n bness is showing i don t really know what showed up as bad just after the flash happened and the auto-reboot failed The start up repair screen then had shattered pixels as a background Que panic attack After failing to repair which it does most times however the PC loaded just fine and has continued to boot and even restart with no trouble However the no signal crash has struck again and this time no games were involved I was literally moving a few files and listening to a track on media player no visualisation active i don t think and it went Also previous to the DAO incident I have been able to play Guild Wars browser based games and Dungeon Keeper for entire days with no problems on months before hand I was running vista and playing Aion on full with no trouble A little while ago I was getting a small issue with my graphics card fan - in that it got very very loud like omg is that my pc or a car outside kinda loud After a dutiful clean with compressed air in which all my fans were invited the problem happens very rarely and the fan is currently working fine I have a nice xp di... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-crash-sound-loop-occasional-blue-screen.931822/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All First post here but have visited often over the years to learn about various subjects Lately I've been frequenting the many helpful BSOD pages thanks to the problem that is the subject of this thread I'm hoping you wizards can help me pinpoint the offending driver or hardware before I resort to random uninstalls and eventually a clean Windows reinstall as more extreme procedures I know what follows is a read but it's hopefully well-written so please bear with First the System Specs Specs are in my profile BSOD, Random Minutes After Screen Black Startup Freeze, or Basically this is a heavily upgraded OEM the HP m p HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC HP Support The current configuration ran smoothly for over six months before the problem appeared With the exception of the graphics card more on that below Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup the most recent changes were the addition of the two HDDs at the beginning of this year when migrating to SSD Before that the machine was completely problem free going back to its inception in she's an old girl I know The Mystery Currently the system is at a point where it always freezes throws a random BSOD or the screen goes black monitor goes to sleep within minutes after startup It almost always happens within five minutes after the desktop loads but occasionally up to ten minutes This always requires a forced restart with a chance of one of these problems occurring again following reboot for an unpredictable number of times What began as typically a single occurrence has since become on average two crash reboot cycles The record was four Once the system is running for at least five minutes the mystical quot five minute rule quot as I've come to know it it works fine I can leave it idle or punish it with maxed out ultimate settings in Skyrim for hours on end and it won't so much as hiccup But after being shut down or in sleep mode for at least some hours the startup problem always resurfaces in whichever flavors and quantities it decides to take In all it's a tolerable nuisance but one that's surely the manifestation of one or more drivers or hardware gone wild Like the worst computing problems this one arose seemingly out of the ether and has been in a downward spiral since The variety and frequency of crashes seems to have gotten progressively worse over the more than two months since the problem first appeared As far as I can tell it all started with a sudden freeze on July that had me thinking my wireless mouse and keyboard batteries needed replacing Weeks went by with no problems until the black screens started occurring Still these were intermittent and occurred days or weeks apart Before long the first BSODs started appearing These were also intermittent at first As time went on it got to the point at which things are now For basically the entire month of September there have been one or more BSODs almost daily uploaded for your debugging pleasure but in any case always one or more of the three types of crashes freeze BSOD or black screen shortly after startup Today's session went like this Freeze three minutes in forced-reboot BSOD some minutes in forced reboot different BSOD seven minutes in broke the quot five minute rule quot I know forced reboot up and running six hours and counting Each day the experience is different last night was a black screen and BSOD but the one constant is the crash es almost always occur within five occasionally ten minutes post startup Or at least that was the case until yesterday when the system threw a curve ball with a BSOD twenty minutes in I pray this isn't a new symptom So far the two startups since then have remained true to the five five to ten minute rule The Detective Work Needless to say I have tried everything I can think of in this harrowing driver hardware whodunit I started off investigating the basics There were no manual changes to software drivers or ... Read more

A:Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup

You have described exactly my problem, dude!
If the crash (not necesarilly the BSOD) came in a middle of skype or VOIP conversation, can you still talk/hear for 30 sec - 1 minute, like me? With black screen on, in stand by. I can.
I hardly wait to find the solution for our problem...

Maybe is usefull to check this post too: BSOD minutes after desktop starts

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347449-random-bsod-freeze-black-screen-minutes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 58.91%

HP Pavilion m8300f desktop 4 years old I'm working on for my brother has occasional freezes. I was referred here from the Virus and Malware folks because there's nothing they saw in the diagnostics.

I reseated the memory, I've run the Vista memory test.
I cleaned the innards and power supply of dust. Wasn't badly loaded.

I have run hard drive diagnostics from Vista. I will run the WD hard drive test later tonight.

I have changed from AVG to Avira antivirus today. It did give one blue screen when doing Avira scan and I believe the defragmenting was also running--with Vista it's hard to tell. There is one minidump record. Otherwise the computer just goes dark screen with no hard disk drive light showing any access.

Where do I go from here?

See attached mini.dmp

A:Vista desktop random freeze, dark screen, no cursor

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL
ntkrlnlpa.exe

Do the memory checks too:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Delete Avira and go with free Microsoft Security Essentials. Give this temp file program a try:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
Run it from the desktop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-desktop-random-freeze-dark-screen-no-cursor.177571/
Relevancy 58.48%

i7 920 stock+Titan fenrir cool+arctic 5
Asus P6TD deluxe v2
Powercolor 5850 manuf. OC'd MW2 edition
Corsair HX 750W
HAF 922 case
WD caviar black 500gb

Samsung 24" 1080p HDMI 2ms p2450h

Bad company 2 (and other games) are freezing like this unexpectedly after either 10 mins or 2 hours or never while gaming. Very annoying, brand new build.

Win 7 ultimate x64 + latest ATI drivers, BIOS

Brand new system and this is the first and only OS install

Antivirus: Avast free

Video I made of the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a61LBtqIFr0

The BSOD files you want:

A:Screen freeze, sound repeat log says BSOD

These crashes all point to hardware. Please use these instructions to find out what that means and to figure out what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\TUANTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.434\072610-23524-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*e:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a06000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c43e50
Debug session time: Mon Jul 26 21:39:03.134 2010 (UTC + 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.258
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8006aed8f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100059-screen-freeze-sound-repeat-log-says-bsod.html
Relevancy 58.48%

New fresh install of windows 8 updated to 8.1 with all my motherboard drivers etc up to date. Display drivers are the newest Omega drivers from AMD.

I installed steam and decided to install csgo to my ssd/C: drive since it's my most played game. Now I can play the game fine but after a short amount of time the game and display drivers will crash giving me a black screen and sound loop. I let it sit there for a while so I could get a bsod and crash dump to happen.

Since then I also updated my ssd to the latest firmware and reinstalled my AMD drivers and the problem still persists. I have no other games installed at the moment so if you wan't me to check if the crash happens with other games let me know.

Here is my debug info
Attachment 56190

A:BSOD playing CSGO Black screen/sound loop crash

Remove Asus bloatware from your PC and try another version of GPU drivers.

Code:
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

ndisrd.sys Thu Feb 21 03:40:15 2013 (5125890F)

ndisrd.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

cmudaxp.sys Mon Jul 22 03:24:04 2013 (51EC89B4)
C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media [br] ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver [br] HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cmudaxp.sys

Rt630x64.sys Fri Jul 26 09:01:35 2013 (51F21ECF)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

asmtxhci.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:42 2013 (520E7D6A)
Asmedia USB 3.0 driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys

asmthub3.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:54 2013 (520E7D76)
ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

asstor64.sys Mon Jan 27 10:30:34 2014 (52E6273A)
Asmedia ASM-106x Sata 6G controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asstor64.sys

mwac.sys Wed Jun 18 04:07:00 2014 (53A0F444)
Malwarebytes Web Access Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwac.sys

AMDACPKSL.SYS Sun Jun 22 04:31:43 2014 (53A6400F)
included in the AMD/ATI Catalyst WDM drivers package
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMDACPKSL.SYS

AtihdWB6.sys Sun Jun 22 04:32:00 2014 (53A64020)
AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWB6.sys

mbam.sys Wed Sep 3 19:50:25 2014 (540754E1)
MBAMProtector
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys

MBAMSwissArmy.sys Sat Sep 20 00:14:07 2014 (541CAAAF)
Malwarebytes Anti-malware
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys

atikmpag.sys Fri Nov 21 03:08:54 2014 (546E9EB6)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 21 03:30:27 2014 (546EA3C3)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

Debug session time: Mon Jan 5 03:45:39.905 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\010515-11375-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:25.638
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )
BugCheck 116, {ffffe0006be22010, fffff801eb04d848, ffffffffc00000b5, a}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe0006be22010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff801eb04d848, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc00000b5, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 000000000000000a, Optional internal context dependent data.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59564-bsod-playing-csgo-black-screen-sound-loop-crash.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello For the last couple months my PC has been having an issue where the screen randomly freezes and the last sounds that were playing loop and then stop This can happen while playing a game be it Hearthstone Batman Arkham City any game Can also happen when using any web based flash like YouTube Twitch etc But I have also had freezes about a minute after logging on without even doing any of the above CPU temperatures right before freeze appear normal and the fans stay at about the same speeds when screen no - BSOD Black System Reboot Hard Freeze, Random on freeze happens at least I don't hear them spinning up I am forced to do a hard reboot but it takes a few tries to get the PC to boot because the monitor simply acts like it doesn't detect any video signal upon reboot I can hear Windows do its boot up sounds Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot but nothing on Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot screen I have a feeling Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot this might be multiple problems linked together I included a zip of my computer's SF Diangostic Tool report Thanks for taking a look at this problem all help is welcome and appreciated

A:Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot

That definitely sounds like a graphics driver related issue, if not then a hardware failure in your GPU. I would recommend updating your graphics driver by booting into safe mode (F8 on startup).
Uninstall the current ones via the control panel.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327207-random-system-freeze-no-bsod-black-screen-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Everyone I have no Random under Freeze dump Screen load, Black New generated file PC, bought a new custom built desktop PC about weeks ago and ever since purchase I have been freezes about once twice per day tried looking into it quite a New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated bit but can't find the solution anywhere When the crash happens the screen just suddenly blacks out no prior warning signs at all sounds continue to play for about - seconds then New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated gets stuck on a loop and a hard reboot is required each time No dump file generated at all It does get recorded in the event viewer as this - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Andy-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Seems to only happen under load gaming - of the time with Europa Universalis for some reason very rarely with other games but still occurs never happens with office browsing youtube email etc even during extended sessions I have so far done - full system reformat re-install and update didn't help - Multiple runs of passmark burn-in tests mins each episode of freezing during a dun but the rest passed fine CPU and GPU temps were good - Deg for CPU and Deg for GPU - Multiple runs of RAM tests - all passed no errors - Furmark GPU stress test - max temp degrees no crashes or artifacts - Multiple antivirus scans - nothing found OS Windows professional bit Service Pack all updates installed System Specs PSU Antec NEO C ECO Motherboard ASRock H M-PRO H CPU Intel BX I I - GHZ RAM G Skill G x G DDR VGA Gigabyte GV-R OC SSD Kingston SSDnow SV S A G HDD Toshiba TB RPM HDD The SSD only contains windows and office all other software are on HDD All components are assembled and apparently burn-in tested by vendor no over clocking at all I am thinking this is probably a hardware issue rather than a software one but can't pin down which component is at fault here would really appreciate any advice PS I have uploaded the zip file but don't think it contains too much

A:New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated

The file you uploaded didn't contain anything. Please run Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again and select option 2 in the instructions. Click the big orange 'Grab All' button and give it time to finish. Then upload the entire file and we will take a look.

Also, please include manufacturer and model of the PSU in your system specs at the bottom left of your last post. Just click that and there will be a link there to update system specs. Be sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you haven't already, please list the PSU, CPU cooler and anything else that may help. Sometimes we have to look up a component, so the details to do that helps us to help you.

Also, after that please open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

You actually did very well in filling in the system specs. Just a couple more things need to be added. Also, welcome to Seven Forums. When you say a new custom built computer, who built it and I assume it is still under warranty. Just add any details you can about the problem. If it happens when running a certain app, or when doing a certain thing that would be useful info to help us nail down the problem. Can I also assume the OS as already installed when you received the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350017-new-pc-random-black-screen-freeze-under-load-no-dump-file-generated.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an audio file (mp3) of a toilet flushing , and I would like to make it so that every time I delete anything , I want to hear the toilet flush. what is the easiest way to apply that sound to the delete action ONLY , and what format do I need to convert my MP3 into so that it will work........

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1
3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3470
16334 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Z77A-G41 (MS-7758) 3.0
nvidia evga geforce gtx 560 superclocked 2gb gddr5
WD 500 GIG HD

thanks ,

A:how to apply a specific sound to a specific action

Heh. I did that quite a few years ago with Win95.
First off, you'll need to convert that mp3 to a .wav file. Audacity can do it in seconds.
Put your .wav file in C: -> Windows -> Media
Then go to your Control Panel, select Sound, then click the Sounds tab.
Scroll down to Windows Explorer in the window you see, and click on Empty Recycle Bin.
The dropdown box below will turn from grey to white. In that dropdown window, choose the name of the .wav file, in this instance, perhaps "Toilet".
Click "Apply". Save your new sound scheme if you wish with a new name.
Every time you empty the Recycle Bin, you'll hear your flush.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/309455-how-apply-specific-sound-specific-action.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So I ve been having Screen games random Blue with this issue for Blue Screen with random games some time now I get random blue screens in random games It can happen with any game I played days to die which is a pretty low end game almost like minecraft yet my pc crashes after minutes in the game I can Blue Screen with random games play new games like Batman Akrham Origins or Dota with no problem at all so the problem isn Blue Screen with random games t if my PC can handle them I switched my card with a friends card and the crashes stop funny thing is when he uses my card everything works fine on hes PC This is the error code x x x F BB x x D nvlddmkm sys base at E Datestamps ad PC specs Intel Core Duo CPU Ghz GB RAM Windows Nvidia GeForce GT If there s any more information you need just ask I really want to get to the bottom of this and know if there s anything I can do to fix it or if I have to buy a new card nbsp

A:Blue Screen with random games

Driver issue is the most common cause. Try updating it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-with-random-games.1111507/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hiya guys newbie here to the forums I ve Playing Random While Black Games Screen been having a problem where a black screen would randomly appear while I m playing games I m sorry if I picked the wrong section I have built a custom computer a few days ago and I ve had a problem with my screen going black when playing games I m using a Windows -bit computer along with an XFX Radeon R X graphics card I know it isn t my HDMI cables When my computer s screen goes black I can hear audio from my videos and Skype but after a few minutes I cease to hear anything and sometimes it will loop the sounds over and over again I ve been using my laptop hard drive for my computer and I had a similar problem as it froze a lot I m suspecting my hard drive needs to be formatted Along with that I have to force shut-down my computer as it doesn t Random Black Screen While Playing Games turn off properly If any help is available it ll Random Black Screen While Playing Games be greatly appreciated Random Black Screen While Playing Games I m using an Intel Core i Processor and I m also using a watt power supply GB of RAM and Direct X nbsp