Windows Support Forum

Who's connected to your WiFI network?

Q: Who's connected to your WiFI network?

In the Oct 8, 2009 issue of the Windows Secrets newsletter, Fred Langa addressed the question: Who's sneaking onto your Wi-Fi connection?
The article is in the paid edition of the newsletter, so I'm not going to repeat it. However, his advice boils down to using the web interface to check with the router.

More -
Who's connected to your WiFI network? - Computerworld Blogs

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252106-whos-connected-your-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Who's connected to your WiFI network?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I?m new to these forums and am hoping for some enlightenment. My wifi at work will recognize the wireless network and says it?s connected. Yet there is no internet. So I use the Ethernet cable and internet works. My wifi connects immediately on my home wifi router with no issues. I had wireless working flawlessly last week, but all this week it won?t connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you guys want me to do that ipconfig in DOS and post the results here?

A:Wifi has network but not connected.

Welcome to SF, America.

Your card is recognizing the wireless router, but the router is not connected to the Internet (I'm guessing). Unplug the wireless router, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and test.

By the way, you didn't say if other workers could connect to the wireless router and get Internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115049-wifi-has-network-but-not-connected.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all, just got a new labtop with a wireless card and I booted it up and I connected to a wireless network here at my home. It said that there are one or more of the connections available. So i hooked up to one. My question is, I wanted to find out how to see whos network it is as I want to tell them that thier WIFI network is not secure. Any commands I could run ect to see whos it is?
thanks

CUBE

A:Connected to WIFI network who's is it???

Even though you mean no harm just connecting to someone's network is illegal. Yes, I know they aren't being very smart, but if somebody leaves their front door open you can't assume you are welcome to walk in.

Since they set up the network without encryption, they probably know it's unprotected.

Your best bet is to just leave it alone. As you start to learn/use networks you'll soon enough see how you might be able to locate the source of the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-network-whos-is-it.372355/
Relevancy 65.36%

i've had a wifi network set up at my house for several months now and no problems if i couldn't connect i always just unplugged the router for seconds and was able to connect well suddenly today i can't connect to the internet but my wifi network appears to be fine it's says i have excellent signal strengh and that i'm connected but i can't connect to the internet when i go to the program that came with the router and hit quot repair quot it says that i AM connected to the network but that my internet connection is broken what UP with that i don't get it can someone please advise on what to do i tried using connected can't to internet..??? connect but network, to wifi another device to see if i could connect with internet my ipod touch and it also said that i was connected to the wifi network yet it could not connect with the internet it never had a popup that said anything it acted like it was trying to connect but just never did i'm puzzled during the day while i was at work my roommate connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? was going to use the laptop when she couldn't connect she did the unplug for sec thing whent that didn't work she unplugged the two cables from the back of the router and plugged them back in is it possible that she plugged them into the wrong place would that be the problem i am not at home right connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? now so i can't check but will try to fix this when i get home tomorrow not sure what i need to do signed frustrated

A:connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..???

Willing to bet you are using a third party firewall / antivirus application.
Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153584-connected-wifi-network-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All,
Did a windows update and now wifi not working. Just a red x and networking center shows adapter not connected. I tried doing a restore and no luck. Then tried updating driver and restarting no luck. Tried deleting all network adapters and search for hardware and nothing. I know adapter working.... got it going on my laptop. Device manager shows adapter working fine.....Tried disconnecting network in services and restart no luck.
any ideas ?

A:have red x wifi.....network shows adapter not connected

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Computer ? ...

Can you Please Post a screenshot of the Device Manager ..

With the Network Adapters extended .. Also View Hidden Devices ..

The Link below will help you achieve this ..
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350158-have-red-x-wifi-network-shows-adapter-not-connected.html
Relevancy 65.36%

This happens after I tried to install a bluetooth software. It failed to work as described so I uninstalled it. Now my network notification icon is always a red cross. But when I hover my mouse over it, it says I have internet access. And of course I do.

Thank you.

A:Network notification is a red cross when I'm connected to wifi

Some progress...

I followed an instruction of sb who had similar problem (not exactly the same), so I uninstalled all my network card (but drivers), I restarted my computer. Now the red cross becomes a "Network available" status (signal bar with a yellow flower) when I have already connected to my wifi, when it should have been white signal bars (connected status).

I dont know if it is some progress or what?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240922-network-notification-red-cross-when-im-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Seems to be popping up alot so maybe some one has an idea I connected and available, BOTH Default LAN network wifi gateway not recently woke up to find that my Acer Aspire notebook with an Atheros network Default gateway not available, network connected BOTH wifi and LAN card which had the previous evening had wifi connection no longer could get online Further investigation showed that the notebook was is connecting to the home network although not recognizing it as such just says unidentified network can correctly communicate the WEP key but is unable to get any internet connection Specific error is that the machine has limited connectivity Now where this gets a little stranger is that it is the same with the ethernet connection - a physical connection to the router results in the same thing - a connection to the netowrk but no internet connection I first called Acer who were useless and wanted the machine mailed away for inspection at my cost - not bloody likely They then said it must be the ISP and something to do with the netowrk configuration I first tried a rollback to before the problem occurred - nothing Called the ISP who said nope not them particualrly as it had been working and I have another Aspire an Asus O Play Air and an Ipod touch on the wifi connection as well as a wired connection for my desktop They had me reset the router regardless to no avail I then uninstalled the devices LAN and wifi and reinstalled them - no device errors in the manager but also no change in the problem I'm starting to wonder if this is a hardware problem and perhaps the Atheros card needs to be replaced but I have no idea how to tell for sure or what to look for as a replacement component for a notebook computer Any and all thoughts would be appreciated guys thanks

A:Default gateway not available, network connected BOTH wifi and LAN

Sorry you are having issues!

Have you tried rebooting the router? Unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug back in, then reboot both PC's once router is fully rebooted. Let us know if that solves it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195045-default-gateway-not-available-network-connected-both-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have the pk5000 router but the wifi is off. I am connected to another network so is it possible to somehow access my router to enable the wifi?

A:Enabling wifi on pk5000 while connected to different network

You want to login to the router w/o being connected to its LAN? That's possible if it is set to allow remote management and if you have internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enabling-wifi-on-pk5000-while-connected-to-different-network.1038142/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
This is not a complaint, my wifi is working fine, my question is HOW
I work for a small company in Jordan, a while back I moved to another country, bought a new laptop from there, and I kept in contact with my company as I provided some long distance consultancy. I had teamviewer installed on the office PCs and on
the new laptop and I connected with them a few times.

Now that I have returned to Jordan, I resumed my job at the same company, and when I first walked in, with my new laptop which I got from a different country, it connected automatically with the office's wifi network. and I want to understand how?

did my pc take the wifi credentials when I connected with them through teamviewer? was the wifi password saved to my onedrive in some way? is this the wi-fi sense thing?

many thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/584e44e5-e302-4a9a-9789-c3af9cffb7e7/my-pc-connected-automatically-to-a-new-passwordprotected-wifi-network?forum=netmon
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys It's my first time My internet but was wifi Vista network to browse connected a can't the to post a topic here but i am not a newbie to BC I am Jerald IT head in a hardware company I want to share my problem to all you readers I have a desktop computer that has a internet connection or let's say it is my server I am using D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router which has an IP Address This router is not a wireless router I bought a wireless router named Linkysys I configured it using Automatic Configuration -DHCP with a router name WRT G i used the D-link router ip address as it's gateway I My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet disabled the DHCP server in other words i am using a router a non-wireless connected directly to My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet my desktop computer and a wireless router connected to that D-LINK broadband router I tested the connection using Windows XP laptop and by then it works I can connect to my wireless network and browse the internet On the properties of my loptop wireless network i configured it as quot obatain IP address automatically and quot Used the Following DNS Server' i used Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS I click on the quot ADVANCED quot button and add a gateway using my D-LInk router IP address Suddenly one of our customers want to connect in our wirless network He is carrying a Windows Vista laptop I connect it to linksys wireless network but i can't connect to internet obviously it has an X on its connection to the internet But if i look on it's wireless connection it says IT WAS CONNECTED and it displays EXCELLENT on it's status I wonder why i can't connect and browse the internet Please help me how to configure it no problem with windows xp it's on vista alone Thank Jerald

A:My Vista was connected to a wifi network but can't browse the internet

I had simmilar wierdness with my new linksys wireless router until I ran their included setup wizard. after that everything was fine.
aparently it flips some internal switch allowing the thing to work properly.

Have you tried that?

Also - the laptop connected to the wireless router. can he get to local company sites and/or PCs? ... if not, try rebooting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-vista-was-connected-to-a-wifi-network-but-cant-browse-the-internet-322525.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello and thanks for your input nbsp The following find cannot WiFi ... laptop connected network but is Printer to are currently connected to my Huawei router nbsp desktop - via ethernetprinter HP Photosmart Plus B a-m Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... - via wireless LANlaptop HP EliteBook p - via wireless Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... LAN internet working fine nbsp I recently upgraded both the desktop amp laptop to Windows bit from Win I have no problems printing from the desktop however after repeated printer re-installs the laptop is now Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... unable to detect the printer on my network even when I supply the correct IP address Before the first re-install it said the printer was disconnected at the same time as I was able to print from the desktop nbsp Can you please tell me what's missing or what I need to do to fix this nbsp Thanks again nbsp I have just added the above screenshots showing what happens during installation of the printer on my laptop - at this point I have it connected to the printer via a USB link as instructed It is also on my wireless LAN and to repeat I have no problem using it wirelessly to print from the desktop m c nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Printer-is-connected-to-WiFi-network-but-laptop-cannot-find/td-p/5593125
Relevancy 64.5%

Connected HP Pavilion Windows to Comcast Xfinity Arris TG modem router Shows as connected to specified network Shows activity packets up and down Can ping web address using both name i e www google com and IP address and receive positive feedback Try to open same page in ANY browser and get connecting Once in a while it will open the first page requested and then connecting on any other attempt Have tried everything suggested in this forum flushed dns stacks disabled firewall reset router unplugged router checked security programs ran antivirus malware you name it laptops android iPhones Playstation etc all connect fine to wifi no issues Took the computer to work to troubleshoot and it immediately connected to the network and web pages opened everything worked fine Took it home and web pages won t open Leads me to believe it s problem is with the modem browser any wifi Connected in open pages won?t web but to network router settings Manually added MAC address for both computer and wifi adapter to the router still no luck FYI -This computer was previously connected to the router via Connected to wifi network but web pages won?t open in any browser Ethernet with no issues Moved this one upstairs when I got a new computer for the office Appreciate any suggestions

A:Connected to wifi network but web pages won’t open in any browser

Check on antivirus settings for the specific access point you're connecting to -- in fact if you are using free antivirus you may want to try uninstalling and testing some page loads - maybe switch packages.

Also try malware scans, mbam/combofix.

Check router/gateway for parental settings which may have a false positive for that machine.  I've seen that play havok similar to what you describe.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598411/connected-to-wifi-network-but-web-pages-wont-open-in-any-browser/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys I have bought this asus-x ca-kx d laptop and installed unable but access Connected to internet to network wifi genuine windows in it Am able to connect to the wifi network in our hostel but unable to access internet There is that yellow triangle thing on the signal It keeps saying quot unidentified network no internet access I have tried so many solutions online but of no use Please help me guys Thanks in advance This is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users praneeth gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name praneeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- -DC-E - F- -C - A- Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - F- -C - A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EC B - A - D C-AA - BBB EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DA C-F D - E -BFC -D C CF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - EEE- - E ED D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet

Hello praneeth3456 . Welcome to the Forums, You say you are at a hostel. Did they give you a password to use to access the internet ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337089-connected-wifi-network-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I would like to change my IP address between static and dynamic depending on which WIFI network I'm connected to. I.e. at home I would like a consistent IP address (static) for network file sharing but my University requires dynamic assignment to connect. Is it possible to (automatically) change between dynamic and static depending on the network?

I know how to do this manually, but I was hoping there was a more automated method. Even if there was some sort of batch file I could run when I changed networks?

Thanks in advance

A:Changing to static or dynamic IP depending on connected WIFI network

At your house you could setup a dhcp reservation on your router for your laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273791-changing-static-dynamic-ip-depending-connected-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 63.21%

5 PCs Connected to Local Network:
1- Win10 Home - V.1511 10586.545
2- Win10 Pro - V.1511 10586.545
2- Win10 Pro - v.1607 14393.105

Win10 v.1511 Home, 2 - Win10 Pro V.1511, and 1- Win10 Pro v.1607 are all hard wired Ethernet.

1- Win10 Pro V1607 connected via WIFI (5ghz)

All Network shares are set, Password Protected Sharing is turned off, on all systems. All PCs open/view/share folders and files as expected between all PCs.

Before install Anniversary Update on 2 PCs, I could Copy files from my Mot Android Turbo 2 phone (connected via WIFI (5GHZ or 2.4Ghz) using Asus File Manager Ap, to any shared PC folders on my network.

After Installing AU 1607 on 2 of the PCs on my network, I can now only copy file to my Windows Home V.1511 PC. All others are requesting User and Passwords for access. Again, Password Protected Sharing is turned off on all PCs....

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63382-cant-access-network-shared-folders-android-phone-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Every time I connect to a wireless network I get a popup to ask me what type of Network the network that I have connected to is. It creates mutliple copies of the same network inthe network location manager each one with a different number after it, for example if I connect to network with SSID "MyNetwork", the second time I connect, it will ask me what network type is "MyNetwork 2". If I reconnect after that it will ask me about "MyNetwork 3" and so on each time I connect.

Why does Windows keep thinking its connecting to new networks when really its connecting to the same one again and again. I don't know if this is a problem also with wired networks as I very rarely use them on this computer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.  We purchased a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, and it appears to be working.  The issue we are having is when my laptop is connected to the wifi network (LAN), it doesn't find the wireless adapter.
 If I disconnect from the wifi network, it finds the wireless adapter and connects fine.  It appears that my laptop isn't creating a Wifi Direct connection when searching for the Adapter and therefore can't connect to the wireless adapter unless
the wifi is disconnected and therefore available.  Does anyone have experience with this, and ideas?
I haven't yet tried other laptops, but we did test with an Andriod phone, and that connected fine, and was also connected to the Wifi (LAN) at the same time. The laptop is Windows 8.1, and appears to be miracast compliant. (the search for wireless display
button is available)

Thank you!
-Russ

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e3a9991-5cd2-41b8-9e60-61038de4078d/cant-find-wireless-display-adapter-miracast-while-connected-to-wifi-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 58.05%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.05%

I m trying "unidentified Connected to wifi network" Solved: but to connect a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows Vista to my wireless network It connects to the network just fine but it says quot Unidentified network quot and I m unable to surf any websites using any browser It works fine with an ethernet cable ISP Time Warner Broadband connection Cable Make and Model of Modem Router Combo ASUS RT-N U router Cisco DPC R modem Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software Windows Laptop Sony Vaio VGN-NR E Wireless card LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E OS Solved: Connected to wifi but "unidentified network" Windows Vista -bit Network encryption WPA -personal AES Ghz ipconfig all output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name eo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - D-D - A- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -B - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DA - A - B - FF - DC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is the exact opposite of most WiFi issues. I have two guest networks set up on my wireless router (Asus RT-68U), one for each of my daughters. I change the password daily in order to make them earn the password with chores after school. My older daughter's T450 refuses to stop connecting to the WiFi, even persisting through reboots. MAC address filtering fails, as does turning off internet access to her MAC/IP combination. After changing the password or enabling one of the more strict rules, eventually, randomly, her laptop will finally decide to stop accessing her WiFi connection. I am fairly certain it is something with the Lenovo as I have two other laptops, one Asus and one HP that both respond as I would expect to a WiFi password change. Any ideas as to why this happens with the Lenovo?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-staying-connected-after-changing-WiFi-password/td-p/3418206
Relevancy 55.9%

hello,

iam using windows 7 professional 32 bit. my laptop is hp elitebook 2560. my laptop is capturing signal, i am able to connect to internet also. But in wifi icon,on wifi bar cross mark is showing up.

A:wifi signal bars not showing but connected to wifi

Do you have another user account on this computer? Are you able to see the Network indicator in the notification toolbar on that account? Follow the steps in this documentto create a new user account. If you do find that the icon is in the notification taskbar, you may also use those steps to recover from a corrupted user profile.
Let us know if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366004-wifi-signal-bars-not-showing-but-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, wifi is not connected properly. Network connection list is visible but try connect means,thrown error as unable to connect. After troubleshooting i am getting the below error message "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point".  Please suggest me to resolve the issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-connected-after-installed-ralink-wifi-adaptor/td-p/5677670
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no café a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified café Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

Win 7 Ultimate 64byteThe network icon in the tray is red with a red X.Network and Sharing center states I am currently not connected to any networks.I click on 'Connect to a Network', at the top of the pop up it says 'Not Connected', below the 'Connections Are Available' icon it shows my wireless network and connected.I can't connect to a HomeGroup.Internet connectivity is working.

A:Windows 7 states I'm not connected to any networks when in fact I am connected to my wireless network??

I found a solution for (my version of) this problem.  My tray icon never showed the red X, but if I clicked on the icon, the popup showed a bigger icon with a red X, and said "Not connected".  As in your case, Internet worked, but I'm unable to setup a VPN connection because it insists on using a non-existent modem, obviously because I'm "not connected" (which I am). 

I monitored the processes running the NlaSvc and Netprofm services (using ProcMon), and noticed that both were denied read/write access to subkeys within the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList hierarchy.  

The processes were running as NetworkService and LocalService, respectively, so I tried adding full access for these service accounts to the entire subkey mentioned above.  Notice that permissions are not automatically inherited in the registry, so you may need to explicitly "replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object".

Within seconds, Network and Sharing Center tells me I'm connected to my domain.  Yay!
A reboot was required to fix the tray icon and its popup.

However, I'm still unable to add my VPN connection.

I'm interested in hearing from you guys if your registries miss the same permissions?  If so, Windows 7 must have a bug somewhere with misaligned service permissions/rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df17c593-e78f-4878-97b0-7569307934c5/windows-7-states-im-not-connected-to-any-networks-when-in-fact-i-am-connected-to-my-wireless?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.32%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys and girls have a problem with a friends laptop and i need your help because ive run out of ideas and i dont like formatting unless i have tried as much as i can too rectify the problem and im close to losing the rest of my hair so the problem started with the normal Solved: limited unidentified but connected. network, connected not connectivity, limited connectivity i was given the laptop and tried to rectify the problem using ip resets renew Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected. release ipvc reset winsock reset and it wouldnt budge if i leave the ipv settings to automatic it will not display the ssid of the router it will connect to it but display unidentified network if i enter the ip address dns e t c then it will display the router but it will still not connect to the internet i have tried updating drivers removing all drivers and letting windows rediscover and install driver i have also tried installing an internet dongle the laptop will pickup the dongle install the software but then display no connection i then tried installing a belkin wirless adapter but since the software is only up to vista i dont believe it has worked everything installed ok but still will not connect to the internet i am also finding out that it is not getting proxy details either and on occasions i will get limited connectivity or the adapter will refuse to connect to the router i have run xirrus wifi inspector on both my laptop working and his laptop not working the signal strength runs from about - db too - db which is strong enough but the automatic ip address differ alot according too xirrus these are the results My Ip My DNs my gateway His IP His DNs N a his Gateway N a his ipconfig all Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - A- D- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - C- - E- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ad a f e ce Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -E -F - D- - A- D- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A D E- - C- - E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E D- B - C - C - EF ACEEACD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B - B F- - -AEF B BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DC - - A C-AF - AC D... Read more

A:Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-connectivity-unidentified-network-connected-but-not-connected.1074225/
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is not a major issue but kind of annoying. Recently I have noticed that the system tray icon for the wireless network always has that little red X and if I open the Network and Sharing Center it says "You are not currently connected to any networks." When I click "See Full Map" it shows a line from my PC to the Router but the line from my router to the internet has a red X.

The thing is, I am connected to the internet. I can go online just fine. Any ideas?

A:network system tray icon shows not connected but I am connected

Hello Serg, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sometimes a simple restart of the PC will sort the network icon for you.

If not, then a quick disable and enable of the wireless network usually will toggle it back with the correct icon.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311165-network-system-tray-icon-shows-not-connected-but-i-am-connected.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a desktop PC connected to my router with an ethernet cable I - connections available connected no direct connected not network have another desktop in another room which is connected wirelessly After I reboot my desktop says quot not connected - no network connections available quot on the system tray Meanwhile the wirelessly connected PC is fine This has happened three times On the first two occasions I was able not connected - no network connections available direct connected to not connected - no network connections available direct connected get back to normal by doing a few system restores the first one never worked and sometimes the second and third until it magically started working and I had internet access This time that isn t working I thought it was related to not connected - no network connections available direct connected a windows update but I have disabled them and it happened again today When I got my access back there were no problems for ten days until I had to reboot and then I get the problem again I have read this board and tried the following without success - reset winsock ipv ipv - clean reboot - disabled and re-enabled my network adaptor Any other ideas This is really frustrating nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I purchased this laptop for school and it was working perfectly fine. The network connection was great and everything. Today it decided not to connect to the internet, yet it is still connected to my network, but recognizes it as undefined. Instead of having the normal bars it has a yellow exlamation mark. I have contacted my ISP and my router is working fine. I'm on a different computer and it is working fine as well, so there's something wrong with my computer. I have contacted a representative and they said they could not help me either.

But surely someone here will be able to help hopefully.

I have tried everything I know to fix it. I cannot connect even if I'm using the ethernet cable.

The computer is an Acer laptop and I have Windows 7.

A:Connected to Network adapter, but not connected at the same time?

Could you go to the start menu and run the command "cmd", then when the black window opens up, type in: ipconfig /all (there's a space before the '/', but not after it) then press return. A whole bunch of stuff will scroll. Could you cut/paste that info into a response here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-adapter-but-not-connected-at-the-same-time.1014246/
Relevancy 52.03%

Logged in this morning and certain network connected apps Xbox app, true key password manager, microsoft hello face recognition would not connect to the internet. I have internet access and have no problem browsing but settings shows I have no network connection. Tried other PCs connected to the same router and connection to the internet is shown in settings on all others.

It's the same if I use my wired ethernet or my wireless connection on this PC. I have uninstalled the adapters and reinstalled them.

Any ideas as to what can fix this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66903-network-status-not-connected-windows-10-but-i-am-connected.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one.I'm using vista home premium. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

please do not duplicate posts
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/879485-laptop-connected-network-but-can.html
where you have a reply
closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879487/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi to all
The Network icon shows Not Connected, but I'm connected and can brows the internet.
my prblem solved but after restart my computer this problem come back.
I'm confused because I tried many ways to sole it!

I disconnected my pc from modem, waited about 30 seconds and reconnected it
Reset the network adapter
use the Diagnose and repair the connection
Uninstall driver from device manager and restart my computer

When the computer will restart my problem is solved!!!!!!! but When the computer will restart again,
my problem come back!!!!! Even when I disconnect from the Internet and connected, this problem come back

Could someone help me? (windows 7, 64)

A:The Network icon shows Not Connected, but I'm connected

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Can you surf to here:
http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt
More info here:
http://blog.superuser.com/2011/05/16...ork-awareness/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317618-network-icon-shows-not-connected-but-im-connected.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879485/
Relevancy 52.03%

OK, so i am connected to my wireless network, but windows says that i am not connected

A:Connected to Wireless network, but windows says Not connected

Hi bdman32,

Try removing all network profiles, re-add your own SSID (wireless network) with the correct encryption.
Wireless Network - Remove

Make sure that 'Obtain DNS Server address automatically' in your wireless setting is set to auto.
Setting Up a DHCP Ethernet Connection in Windows Vista/7 - Virginia Tech Knowledge Base [answers.vt.edu]

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189978-connected-wireless-network-but-windows-says-not-connected.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The system tray says the wifi is not connected, but in the connections list, it shows it is connected to our wifi.  The internet works as far as i can tell.

Ive ran a couple different antivirus scans, a registry cleaner, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and nothing works.

Any ideas?

A:Wifi not connected/connected

Just as a note, the use of registry cleaners is strongly not advised by anybody on BC.

Since the connections list shows it as connected and your internet connection is working I would put it down as just 'one of those things' and stop worrying about it. At the end of the day what matters is that you can and do connect, not what various indicators show. You have taken all reasonable steps - with the exception of the registry cleaner - and everything apart from the indicator shows the system is working.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586859/wifi-not-connectedconnected/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Internet Serviec throug At amp t its not wireless Originally when i got the internet i Network Not Internet Connected, Connected Had a desktop computer that it was set up on Since then I have aquired an Xbox and ASUS Notebook I went and bout a wireless Belkin Router so i could connect all three A month or so later the desktop computer which was about yrs old and had no virus protection DIED I just unconnected it from the wall now the modem AT amp T is connected to the wall phone jack the Xbox is conected by and HD connection cable to Belkin Router and My laptop is wirelessly connected we have had good connection for about months to a year Recently i have been having problems with connection and speed Ill be online connected and when clicking on say another web page it gives me the Error page where it states not Network Connected, Internet Not Connected connected to internet and has the option to quot Diagnose connection problems quot when I diagnosed it it states quot there may be a problem with your domain Server Connection name DNS quot Ive tried doing some reasearch since usually i can fix minor computer issues alone but im at a loss here The connection has been disrupted on the Xbox as well of which it states to shut down te router for sec and restarts works but keeps happening nbsp

A:Network Connected, Internet Not Connected

Well, since both machines are experiencing issues, my guess is you have modem or ISP issues. Do this with a wired connection from the laptop to eliminate wireless issues.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connected-internet-not-connected.958142/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having problems getting a VPN to work which seems to be a common problem but I cannot find connected no but Connected TCP/IP VPN Not access; network a solution Basic hardware XP VPN Connected but no network access; TCP/IP Not connected and win Ultimate computers A amp B B is the VPN server Router Thomson SpeedTouch TG v Xp Port Forward tester confirms port is open Internet access via Router or via local wireless hotspot FON I have followed the tutorials on this site VPN Connected but no network access; TCP/IP Not connected http www sevenforums com tutorials nnections html to set up the VPN at both ends so I have a special VPN user set up If XP is logged onto the LAN it will connect shows connected at both ends to the VPN using the LAN IP address etc I'm not sure what use this is as I can see the shares on B through the network anyway The VPN connection does not show up anywhere else Also rather oddly if I click on the workgroup name in Explorer I am told the workgroup is not accessible not have permission etc etc despite the fact that I can see and access the other two computers in the workgroup I copied the VPN connection changed the IP address to the external address of my router etc Logged the XP machine onto the local Wifi hotspot etc and connected again VPN connections show connected on both computers no problem The server connection is valid only for the VPNuser and as all bar TCP iPv ticked TCP iPv has Allow callers to access my network ticked Assign IP address automatically Allow caller to specify its own IP address The VPN user also shows in network Connections but IP v shows not connected Details tab is blank and 'Diagnose couldn't identify the problem I've cancelled all firewalls and AV software on both machines and I've repeated the process using the wireless connection to my router but it makes no difference Form the various posts on this subject I have also unticked use default gateway on remote network No change ensured there is a shared folder shared for the VPN user and everyone And now I'm going to beat the sh t out of a cardboard box Any suggestions welcomed

A:VPN Connected but no network access; TCP/IP Not connected

hi
i am sure i can help you but i need you to answer some questions first
are a & b on the same router
when you config the server you have to change :Assign IP address automatically: and set ip address pool anyway as you are using normal windows not server so you cant have more than one client connected at the same time
also another tip you have to change the router server to be uncommon ip address like 192.168.xx.xx
try to keep Assign IP address automatically on the client first then try with out
try to map the drive using ip address \\xxx.xxx.xx.xx\(shared local disk) example d
try to map it Assign IP address automatically is on and off
let us know if they are on the same router or not as it does make difference

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281093-vpn-connected-but-no-network-access-tcp-ip-not-connected.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My PC is set up to use LAN as 1st priority, and WAN as secondary. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I see the WiFi still shows "connected" to my wireless router.

I'm considering ChromeCast to stream website video from my PC to TV.

My question is this: Will the WiFi still work and send signal for ChromeCast, even if I have my LAN cable connected, or must I switch the PC's connection priority from LAN to WAN?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

PS: Any additional comments about using ChromeCast would be appreciated. So many conflicting reviews...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400172-can-i-still-use-wifi-while-connected-lan.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My PC is set up to use LAN as 1st priority, and WAN as secondary. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I see the WiFi still shows "connected" to my wireless router.

I'm considering ChromeCast to stream website video from my PC to TV.

My question is this: Will the WiFi still work and send signal for ChromeCast, even if I have my LAN cable connected, or must I switch the PC's connection priority from LAN to WAN?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

PS: Any additional comments about using ChromeCast would be appreciated. So many conflicting reviews...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400172-can-i-still-use-wifi-while-connected-lan.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have Hcl notebook, its model is cdp T21. I have enabled and updated the wifi adaptor i.e., Atheros wifi adaptor, but I cannot connect wifi to my laptop. For what reason I cannot connect.

A:Wifi is not connected

Welcome to Seven Forums!

A couple quick things:
Does it work if you connect straight to your modem/router?
Can you make sure your FN + Wifi button is pressed?

Other than that, please post the information located in this thread: Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315604-wifi-not-connected.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay so I hope I am posting this its connected... says Wifi in the right place Recently we got a new dsl modem wireless router combo from Verizon an Actiontec GT WG All other devices in my house have switched over just fine and work without issues another laptop desktop game consoles ipad cell phones etc except my laptop It connects to the wireless network no problem but randomly it will stop loading pages It says it is still connected with full bars with local and internet access but web pages will just quot load forever quot without ever changing Sometimes I ll get Wifi says its connected... a message saying the server timed out The only way to fix this is to reset my wireless network adapter which is a temporary fix I already made sure that my wireless card drivers were up to date and tried to power cycle the router but this hasn t worked I m fresh out of ideas now and this is super frustrating Asus G vt with Vista home bit Thanks

A:Wifi says its connected...

Recently we got a new dsl modem/wireless router combo from Verizon, an Actiontec GT704WG.Hi -Have you contacted Verison yet ? What was their answer to this situation ?If they supply the setup, they will offer some support for this -Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455170/wifi-says-its-connected/
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop is not connecting to a broadband or a home wifiwifi and my mobile and other devices are connected from this wifi and when i turn on my mobile hotspot then it will easily connected to this. What should i do to connect my laptop from this hidden network.Piyush

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-wifi/td-p/5641548
Relevancy 49.45%

Since I've had my laptop the wifi has been fine but thus morning the laptop would not recognise my broadband (BT hub ) . It would not even list it on connections . The wifi worked fine in my phone and iPad . I then tried using a portable hotspot so that my computer could use the internet, however my laptop still didn't see any wifi connections at all . I'm certain both my wifi and hotspot are not faulty. How can I reconnect to my wifi as I need it back as soon as possible?

A:Wifi not connected

Hi, how do you do my friend ? Please, firstly update all drivers, bios and firmware with hp support assistant:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.V7xlAjb6uM8  I hope that helps !I would give a great kindness ...If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.Have a nice week !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-connected/td-p/5736411
Relevancy 49.02%

hi all just got a 2nd hand lappy same as my old one can connect to wifi but when i click to go on net will not have it thanks for help

A:connected to wifi but cant get on Internet

Welcome to BC benchwarmer . We need more information as to what computer model and message do you get when connecting online? Have you tried using both wired or wireless? Please run Minitoolbox from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and include List Installed Programs on your next reply. When running minitoolbox, make sure you have a status of either wired or wireless connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462138/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp yellow star on top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to not Ethernet Wifi connected Both and a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected Control Panel Networking showing everything working Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.02%

a couple of days ago, wifi stopped working. this was right after it showed a sudden boost in connection quality (from average to good). i didnt change anything, it just stopped suddenly. but on the device wifi is shown as connected, and good connection quality, but internet is not working though. sometimes it works after reconnecting, but only shortly, 1-30 min.

what i already tried:
* changing channels, every channel on 2,4 ghz
* using 5ghz instead of 2,4ghz
* using wifi on other devices
* i checked with neighbours for interfering cables or devices but they didnt have any new equipment
* reconnecting power cable from modem
* there are no interrupting devices nearby like babyfoons
* using wifi very close to modem

Relevancy 49.02%

I ve got a bit of a puzzler on my hands I m helping a friend recover from years of neglect on a Toshiba Satellite with a Linksys WPC GS PCMCIA wireless card via but Connected not connecting wifi Even after a repair install of Windows XP Home SP and resetting the Connected via wifi but not connecting winsock entries and the TCP IP stack I can t get onto the internet I ve disabled the firewall but still no luck The funny thing is that when I hooked up the system via ethernet there was no problem after I reset winsock and the TCP IP stack Any help would be deeply appreciated And the more detailed instructions the better As follows is the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings MELODY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PRIBESH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC GS V Physical Address - -BF-D - - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - E- -DB Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings MELODY gt I also noted the following when I tried to run a diagnostic lt selected entries gt Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC GS V MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel R PRO VE Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Dial-up Connection Device TOSHIBA Software Modem MediaType PHONE SubMediaType NONE info Network connection Name Broadband Connection Device WAN Miniport PPPOE MediaType PPPOE SubMediaType NONE info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user for selection action User input required Select network connection info Wireless connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

This is an ongoing problem that while frustrating usually resolves itself after a bit No so today My laptop connects to our wifi network just fine but when I open google chrome or any other browser it gets stuck Connecting On the bottom of the screen it says Downloading proxy script I can leave it indefinitely and this doesn t change Using ping commands to open a webpage doesn t work Usually restarting the laptop but Connected wifi online to get can't works not usually on the first go but eventually Often the computer takes an exceptionally long time to shut down when this happens The odd time restarting doesn t work but for some reason running Rkill does According to the report there s Connected to wifi but can't get online no malware issues the only thing it really says is Windows Defender Disabled Today nothing is working A few other devices in the house are connected to the same wifi and running fine I frequently use this laptop with a wifi network elsewhere and don t encounter this problem there This may well be a problem that is well beyond my puny computing ability but any suggestions would be very welcome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-online.1124962/
Relevancy 49.02%

My printer is connected by wifi, but it says it's not now. I used it yesterday and it was connected, now it says my printer is not connected to my network. I see in the control panel that it is

A:How come the computer say my wifi is not connected?

If the computer sees the printer then it is probably fine but try printing something to be sure.If you unplug the printer, wait a minute, plug it in and press the power on and give it a moment to reconnect to the router, it should be fine after that.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-come-the-computer-say-my-wifi-is-not-connected/2075.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there This is my first post on this forum I hope that I can get some help here Anyways here is the issue that my roommates and I are experiencing with our internet Recently starting just a few weeks ago our internet began acting a bit strange for all of us We are able to constantly stay connected In our network preferences it says we are always connected to the internet with full bars For the most part we all have perfect to 24/7, wifi Connected and still out. internet in goes and fast internet connection but for some unknown reason every minutes or so sometimes shorter sometimes longer we won t be able to load anything on the internet from a range of about - minutes The strange thing is that even during these periods of time where we are unable to load anything as Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out. if we had no wifi connection all of our devices that we use the internet on said that we all still had a perfect connection Even if we are sitting right next to the router with our laptops this issue will still constantly reoccur as i described earlier What s even weirder is that sometimes things like video games on the pc that run in different clients not the internet browser will be able to maintain internet connection when playing online when the internet stops working for everything else That is definitely what confuses me the most How could a video game maintain internet connection for online play on the same wifi yet none of our other devices are able to load anything We won t even be able to use wifi on our phones during that - minute period but it still says on our phones that we are fully connected to our wifi during that time of us not being able to load anything We ve tried everything that we could think of to fix the issue but non of us are IT experts so that s why I decided to come here to ask for help We ve reset the router countless times moved the router to every other area of the house and even purchased a better router model to boost signal range by a good amount The new router got some of us faster connections but the issue still was not resolved Every minutes or so the internet still will always just stop working even though it says on all of our devices that we are maintaining a strong internet wifi connection I m just at a loss of ideas on what to do We called Comcast our internet provider and they said they ll have one of their people come and check it out but they can t come down until Friday I haven t always had the best results with Comcast employees either Is there any way that we could somehow fix this issue It s just the most frustrating thing and all of us are college students who are constantly using the internet for academics Please if there is any help or advice for us we d appreciate it so much Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out.

Try assigning a free public DNS server on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-24-7-internet-still-goes-in-and-out.1119204/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a toshiba laptop that has a toshiba mini pci wifi adapter (internal) and it seems to be able to see the networks available but it can't connect to any with wep keys and when it connects to open networks it says connected and it gives the laptop an ip but I can't browse the net nor can I ping anything. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a dell 32-bit running Insider Preview and nothing else.
I have an Acer 64-bit running Win 10 Home RTM and nothing else.

In my Dell, I was not able to connect Wifi after installing 14279.
Suggestion was to disable and then re-enable WiFi driver. That did not work. I went back to 14271.

So, I went to my Acer, enabled Get Insider Preview builds.
Today I got the update via Windows Update. After successful install and activated. WiFi was unable to connect.
Used the same suggestion, no avail.

This 14279 is the FIRST time I was unable to connect the WiFi.

It cannot be my computers, because they are of 2 different makes and models.
It cannot be my modem because I never have this problem .......... for 3 years.

The maddening part is............... I don't see any complaints from any forums on the same issue.
So, I can't blame MS either.
Damn !

A:WiFi not connected. It can't be my 2 laptops.

Do you have any device that connects correctly to the router ??

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/44286-wifi-not-connected-cant-my-2-laptops.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My Dell dimension E520 keeps dropping my wifi. Other computers, phones,and ipad do fine. Is the computer the problem, because it is
old? How or what would I do to check the computer is OK or not?

The wifi signal icon says it is excellent.

Windows XP SP3 is the OS.
My Outlook program and my email ability is suffering!

A:pc won't stay connected to wifi

What Brand and model is the wireless adaptor? . . Have you downloaded the newest driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-stay-connected-to-wifi-553125.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When i was using windows 8.1 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But when i updated to windows 10, I started to experience a lot of problem in wifi. Most of the times the wifi is not getting connected and even when its geting connected it takes a lot of time to load. I have tried connecting my PC with various wifi's, but still am experiencing the same problem. I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.I don't think this is because of the adapter. What should i do? Help me with a solution. Thank you

A:Wifi is not getting connected properly!!

Hi, Please use following instructions to get wireless hardware id's then post back:   http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-getting-connected-properly/td-p/5642807
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with OS Windows 7, wireless router.
It recently started losing internet connection , few seconds on, then off for 30 seconds or more. Rebooting router did not help.
I restored laptop to a prior date and it seems ok now. Any thoughts if this happens again? Thanks

A:Can't stay connected to wifi

theres quite a lot of things that may have caused the issue , and so its difficult to give a guide here.

it may have been a windows update that caused an issue and the restore has resolved and it will work fine from now on.

if it happens again , then the first think to do , would be to start a new post and detail as much information as possible

make and model of the PC
windows version
are other pcs able to connect to the wireless
and then an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-stay-connected-to-wifi.1122918/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer is connected to the interent (wifi), but it says its not. I don't know how else to explain it, so I'll just put this picture.
It's really annoying.

help?

A:Computer is connected to wifi, but it says its not?

can we see the following
Xirrus, ipconfig /all , ping tests and device manager - see below

What firewalls do you have or ever had on the PC ?

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-connected-to-wifi-but-it-says-its-not.965775/
Relevancy 49.02%

My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-Wifi-but-no-internet/td-p/5672747
Relevancy 49.02%

Hopefully this is the correct thread I'm years old so patience please I was able to enjoy blistering speed mbs down mbs up My old Dell all-in-one went belly up and I had to purchase a new computer This coincided with a problem with the BT Infinity broadband where a connection in the box up the street came loose Now repaired BT assure me all is OK to our premises and therefore the problem is mine Our speed is now hovering around mbs down mbs up This seems to make difference sometimes especially when both my wife and I are streaming - her to PC and me to iPad to TV via Apple box The funny thing is the supposedly ethernet connected PC is giving similar speed results to those of the iPad That prompted me to wonder PC or connected ethernet? Is wifi my via whether the desktop PC may be connected via wifi or both wifi and ethernet and perhaps causing a conflict somewhere I only need wifi on the desktop to connect to our printer which is always quot found quot when required In a nutshell is there a simpleton's way to check when I am connected to the BT Home hub using both wifi and ethernet and if both which one takes precedence Thanks

A:Is my PC connected via wifi or ethernet?

It may be that Wi-Fi and Ethernet are not the issue but the speed from the Modem to the WAN/Wide Area Network or known as the Internet. Wi-Fi and Ethernet are usually the connection between computers/devices and the Router which is then connected to the Modem to gain Internet access. The Modem and Router may be in the same box.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62525-my-pc-connected-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Can't get laptop to connect. I have a LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER. I have a laptop with LINKSYS adapter card. Can't connect to internet, keep geting message..
YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE ACESS POINT, BUT THE INTERNET CANNOT BE FOUND. I nosed around and discovered in the settings that it keeps saying..CANNOT OBTAIN IP ADDRESS, etc. and the boxes under TCP/IP CONFIG are empty?? Anyone care to take this one on?

Relevancy 49.02%

Recently upgraded my u530 from windows 8 to windows 10 and the internet is no longer working. i have tried everything on the windows website but i am very far anything knowledgable on computer

A:WiFi connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Community.
It looks as if there are some drivers for network on the Drivers and Software page for the U530 Ideapad (Touch). If that is your model, you could try installing those to see if it helps. Make sure you get the ones for Windows 10 when you search on that page.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-connected-but-no-internet/td-p/3330291
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I
have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.
I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.
I reinstalled Wifi drivers.
I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.
I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a65b07b-a072-47cd-bf10-416200f92809/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

For the last two months my wifi has been dropping randomly and picking back up after a few minutes I use laptop kindle fire ps blu ray player on router conflicting IPs Three days ago I reset my Linksys WRT N router and now cannot get any wifi connection at all only through ethernet no connected,but internet Wifi says connected directly into laptop I ve signed Wifi says connected,but no internet into Lynksys set up page created a domain name Host name and a passphrase I now see newly created network i enter passphrase and says connected but i cannot access the internet I have tried ip release and renew Wifi says connected,but no internet to no avail Also tried running as admin on command prompt and flushing and netsh reset winsock Ip config says media disconnected tunnel adapter local area connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ambie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ambie -pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ANM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca aa ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c df d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description isatap ANM Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EACDA- - E A-AE F- CFF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e f febf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f febf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ambie gt nbsp

A:Wifi says connected,but no internet

after a reset the default for the router would be 192.168.1.1
BUT
you are showing a default gateway connection on your ethernet of 192.168.1.254

Also the wireless adapter is a Atheros AR5007 and under vista , any change in routers or router settings can cause issues

can you explain what you are connected to using the ethernet cable ?

and you should update the wireless driver from the manufacturers website - if that does not work - then from Atheros site

whats the make and model of the PC ?

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007 Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
> Have Disk
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the zip folder and highlight the .inf file
you should see two files with .inf
Vista 32Bit AR5007 netathv.inf
Vista 64Bit AR5007 netathvx.inf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-says-connected-but-no-internet.1143757/
Relevancy 49.02%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp not Both and Ethernet Wifi connected yellow star on Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Control Panel Networking showing everything working properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.02%

on a dell studio with vista
Wifi signal strength is excellent
Internet explorer can't connect
I run the diagnostic option but don't understand the results

A:Connected to wifi but can't get to Internet

I'll try to help - please post the results here, cut & paste or a screen print, if not briefly what's it saying.

Vista up to date?

Is your internet cable or other, if so what and what speed if you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569369/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-to-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

OK im sure this is something silly and simple at least I hope it is I have a laptop with wireless I can search for wifi networks like the airport and starbuck find the list of networks available and hit connect and it says conected Then when I open up my Web Browser nothing Page cannot be displayed as tho i have no connection WIFI Internet no but ? to Connected I have tried it with a few different places like the public wifi places and still nothing and even on a private network in my friends house Im sure its a setting or something though I have the automatically detect settings selected in the internet options Its like the computer is connecting to the network but yet its realising that OH I should be using this connection for the Internet Connected to WIFI but no Internet ? Im pretty good at sorting out problems with PCs Windows thou I have no expierence of wireless networks so am totaly lost Hope this makes sense Thanks Paddy nbsp

A:Connected to WIFI but no Internet ?

When you seem to be connected, open a Command window and type
ipconfig /all

Does your wireless show "Yes" for "Dhcp Enabled" and for Autoconfiguration Enabled ? If not, you need to go into your TCP/IP properties and set to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

If your wireless is showing an IP of 169.254.x.y it did not successfully get an IP configuration from the router or server. Is there a chance that the wrong driver is installed--maybe one for the wrong region of the world (for example, US and Canada use channels 1-11 while most of Europe uses channels 1-13).

If not the above, post the ipconfig here. One way to do so is to type
ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt
This will put the results in the ipconfig text file on your hard drive; you can open it with notepad to copy and paste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-no-internet.438861/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.I reinstalled Wifi drivers.I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b7f486d-e6b3-4610-8284-60ca6768eb16/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Dell Vostro I m in Windows Just last month I m experiencing short internet connections about to minutes everytime I turn on or restart it Afterwards it won t connect anymore I went to SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING it wen t fine the connection is fine I browsed fine But after two weeks it stucked similarly to normal mode where everything wont update connect or browse even internet icon shows connected Help me I m using my cannot softwares WiFi all connected but friend s laptop for repairing purposes only I used to follow forum s advice restarting WiFi connected but all softwares cannot drivers using CMD ipconfig flush dns and similar etc My chrome says DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN my IExplorer won t connect my firefox won t connect All softwares won t connect This is my ipconfig all results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - E- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ad b b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday September PM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - - -BA DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA D E-E - E - - D F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DD F A- CA- F- - A E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A D F-E DF- E D-B - AF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:WiFi connected but all softwares cannot

Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click "Change Adapter Settings".
Find Network Connection that is used to connect to internet (either "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Connection"), right-click on it and click Properties.
Now in new windows select "Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click Properties button.
In the new window click the checkbox for "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
Type in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Click Ok and close the rest of the windows.&#65279;

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-all-softwares-cannot.1132817/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am far from computer savvy, but I know basic things. Here is my issue...
My HP pavillion dv6000 (yes it's old, I know) wont allow me to use the Internet. It says I am connected to my home wifi with 5 bars signal strength. My iPad and Droid both connect to my wifi and I can use the Internet fine. I actually have 2 Hp pavillion dv6000 laptops, and neither will connect to the Internet! Up until today everything worked fine and all of a sudden I can't open the intent on either one! I called Hp and they were no help. I have read other posts about people having similar problems, and tried the solutions suggested but nothing has worked! I need my laptop only because my wonderful iPad can't do everything I wish it could.

Help!? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.02%

cable internet works fine, but wifi suddenly stopped working. this was right after it showed a sudden boost in connection quality (from average to good). i didnt change anything, it just stopped suddenly. but on the mobile devices (android) wifi is shown as connected, and good connection quality, but there is no connection. sometimes it works after reconnecting, but only shortly, 1-30 min. neighbours use the same isp but they have no problems.
this is the modem: Ubee EVW320b Wi-Fi modem

what i already tried but didnt fix it:
* changing channels, every channel on 2,4 ghz
* using 5ghz instead of 2,4ghz
* using wifi on other devices (android mobiles)
* i checked with neighbours for interfering cables or devices but they didnt have any new equipment
* reconnecting power cable from modem
* there are no interrupting devices nearby like babyfoons
* using wifi very close to modem, no difference

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut but Internet no connected WIFI down and been giving connectivity issues since Currently I can connect to my WIFI router gain an IP address however I am getting no internet access I have a virtual machine running on the PC with windows XP and this machine does have full internet WIFI connected but no Internet access Problems and resolutions so far Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt I reinstalled Wifi drivers I ran the sfc and chkdisk commands Check disk resolved some issues Netsh winsock reset I did a traceroute and it hit my router after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping link to SPECCY http speccy piriform com results y pd e pGJbq X I'm lost now as everything seems WIFI connected but no Internet to be up just I am unable to browse Any tips would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400309-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My product number: EOK41UA#ABAMy BIOS: F.15-11/05/2013 (0883100022305B00000320100)My network adapter is Intel and driver version is 15.10.3.2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-am-having-same-problem-with-my-wifi-Never-has-connected/td-p/5637462
Relevancy 48.59%

Help, please. I have a laptop that shows the yellow triangle on the WiFi tray icon. Other devices can connect to the same router without issues.
1) I tried using a wired connection with no success in connecting to the internet.
2) I tested the hardware using Ubuntu LiveUSB and was successful in connecting the laptop to the router.

Below is the output from ipconfig /all is attached.

A:Wifi Connected and No Internet Access

Any yellow marks show in Device Manager? Have you installed the driver for your Wireless and Lan cards/devices?

See here: Product Support | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367788-wifi-connected-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings I have problem with QoS using routers Routers Router Asus RT-N SW Tomato by Shibby Tomato Firmware MIPSR - K 2 over connected WiFi routers, QoS when problem with USB AIO this router is set up as main router with DHCP enabled PPPoE enabled QoS setup Local IP 2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi netmask gateway modem Router Asus WL- gP V SW DD-WRT DD-WRT v -sp mega - build set up as Wireless Access Point I followed this instruction http www dd-wrt com wiki index php Wireless Access Point - DHCP disabled WAN disabled Local IP netmask gateway Routers are connected with UTP in LAN port on both routers Problem Devices connected to router s WiFi are seen on router s IP Traffic Details under IP this IP belongs to router all other types of connections are working OK router LAN and WiFi and router LAN problem is only with router WiFi On router I have setup DHCP with static leases to all home devices and all of connected devices get correct static IP address no matter how are they connecting router LAN or WiFi and router LAN or WiFi How can I setup router that router will see all devices on their static IP under IP Traffic Details that I will be able to set QoS for each device different Thanks for your help nbsp

A:2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi

have you checked that there is not a DHCP service for the wireless access point - IF DHCP is turned off on the 2nd router that ALL the IPS should be from router 1

if you have assigned static IPs to all the devices and then they should be controlled by router 1

But you say router 1 DHCP is enabled ?
what range have you assigned

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-problem-with-qos-when-connected-over-wifi.1084844/
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows Lumina 950 XL has connected to my secure wifi but has no internet connection. Phone sent in for repair three times each time returned same problem. Last time phone replaced guess what same problem. This is clearly a windows 10 software problem. WHY do windows not fix it? They have more monet than Croesus yet continue to allow customers to have on going problems Steve Jobs would not have tolerated this. Tried phining help line they deny there is a problem and suggest it is my wifi! All my other devices connect and have internet access including my windows phone running windows 8. There are so many posts about this issue why is it not fixed. The phone is useless without wifi internet connection I am certainley not going to updates backups etc over my paid for data bundle.

A:wifi connected but no internet connection

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Windows Lumina 950 XL has connected to my secure wifi but has no internet connection. Phone sent in for repair three times each time returned same problem. Last time phone replaced guess what same problem. This is clearly a windows 10 software problem. WHY do windows not fix it? They have more monet than Croesus yet continue to allow customers to have on going problems Steve Jobs would not have tolerated this. Tried phining help line they deny there is a problem and suggest it is my wifi! All my other devices connect and have internet access including my windows phone running windows 8. There are so many posts about this issue why is it not fixed. The phone is useless without wifi internet connection I am certainley not going to updates backups etc over my paid for data bundle. A soft reset (or a reboot of both phone and router) alway fixed it temporarly, so you can update to last build in which problem was fixed

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438925-wifi-connected-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Using inspiron 5200 with windows 8, internet is showing that it is connected on the taskbar, is sending/receiving information. Browser is not working. Was working fine until I connected directly to the modem instead of wireless, now cannot access internet using any browser. When I open windows mobility center the icon for wireless network is missing. Any help?

A:Cant browse internet using wifi even though connected

Was it working when wired and now not working wireless? Or not working either way?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24871-cant-browse-internet-using-wifi-even-though-connected.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi We use an older laptop for our TV and Netflix etc and it works OK but reading the TV or connected - Bluetooth Wifi Dock anyone? screen from -feet back is a pain I'd like a dock with wifi cable Network connection to the Internet and a Bluetooth link to a win tablet I have a Fire Stick and Chromecast and they do it OK but then I have to use an Android phone to control them The Android apps for the these are not as good as using a browser in windows So far I am thinking of an Acer Switch or ASUS T as they both have USB ports in the keyboard I could use a USB-HDMI adapter but that's going to run bucks If I can get a dock that will sit at the TV connected to Wifi or Bluetooth connected Dock - anyone? the Network for Internet and linked to an quot win tablet I already have I can then use win for accessing everything via the browser Anyone heard of anything like this Where do I get it edit If you are thinking Miracast it does not cut it the lag between movie visuals sound and subtitles is a mess edit Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57677-wifi-bluetooth-connected-dock-anyone.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay, so I'm no computer newbie, but I AM a wireless newbie. I bought one of those router/USB adapter combo boxes from Motorola (WP850G and WU830G, respectively) and set it up. No sweat. WPA enabled - good signal strength, all good.

However, after random periods of time, the connection drops out. It can still see the router, but when Windows (XP, BTW) attempts to reconnect, sometimes it works, and other times, it hangs up at "Acquiring Network Address".

This is getting really irritating. As far as I know, I have all the updated drivers for the adapter, and the router should be set right.

Any tricks I've not tried?

A:Problems staying connected to my new WiFi

Initially I can think of only two additional "tricks." One is to look for a firmware update for the router. The other one is to try the "other" utility. That is, with your USB adaptor you almost definitely got a utility for managing the connection. Windows also has one, Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC). First, make sure that you are using only one, 'cause both running will cause problems. Second, whichever you are using, try the other one.

If you are using the Motorola adaptor, it's probably in your Start Up folder, and the WZC service should not be running.

Another thing that could be causing your problems is wireless interference--2.4Ghz cordless phone, TV, almost anything electronic or electrical.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-staying-connected-to-my-new-wifi.417379/
Relevancy 48.59%

Every time I log into my Toshiba laptop I get two boxes pop up one says,..
C:\Users\Kimberly\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll
C:\Users\Kimberly\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll
Is this the reason my internet won't connect? I wish I could just make like it was when I very first got it put it back to factory state totally.
I know nothing really about computers so I'm sure I probably erased something I really needed. Or something stupid like that.
Help me please!!!! Lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-nothing-that-uses-internet-is-working.1147579/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am currently using a Vostro A that will connect to wireless but wont load pages and I have been unable to narrow down the problem I am currently connected to wifi on my smartphone and using an app to tether it to the PC Other laptops are connected to this network and it is working fine Right now it seems like the wireless network connection is not receiving any packets of information I have messed around with the firewall but disabling it still does not change anything This PC did not have any Solved: Connected Internet Wifi No wireless drivers so I had to download them from the DELL website As such they should be correct I have restarted the computer since the drivers were installed any help would be much appreciated Thanks Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RESIDENCE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Solved: Wifi Connected No Internet Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - -E -AF-B Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - -C - B-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -E - B-A Ethernet adapter PdaNet Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi Connected No Internet

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connected-no-internet.1078832/
Relevancy 48.59%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 48.59%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html