Windows Support Forum

Admin rights lost

Q: Admin rights lost

Hello rights Admin lost I m royally screwed Basicly I can t do anything because I have no admin rights After an accidental SID change I know I know I Admin rights lost got locked out of my admin account And since this pc has no other accounts I m f cked First of all system restore doesn t work because I didn t reboot in days Second booting in safe mode to get to the secret-administrator account Admin rights lost doesn t work either because Admin rights lost it isn t there Now I tried the cmd gt net user administrator active yes but ironicly this needs administrator priviliges ofcourse An alternative I found for this was boot in safe mode gt Ctrl shift enter and type net user but Ctrl shift enter didn t work and running cmd normally gave me the same no-rights error All of this wouldn t be a problem if I could just type in my administrator password somewhere which I still have just to clearify and regain acces but ofcourse since this is vista my password is useless Way to go The only place where I can type in my administrator password is F gt Repair computer which leads me to the pre-installed vista setup Here I can login to my administrator account which leads me to the repair options and I already tried all of those exept the complete backup one Now the funny thing is this gt http www jimmah com vista imgs re jpg should be displayed but in my case I miss the cmd option which I need for this solution gt What do I do I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account Now even though I m sure vista is super-good-awsome enough to make this beautiful traphole on its own I still believe there might be some virus or something at work My AVG didn t pick up anything but any suggestions are welcome I ve weaseled my way out of a lot of trapholes before but this seems to be foolproof Before posting anything keep in my mind that I can hardly run anything can install nothing and can t change anything The only possible ways I see to get out of this is too use my admin password somewhere hack my way past the admin prompt or maybe something with safe mode The only real option I have left is to reinstall my OS if I can even manage that but I really really don t want to do this since the account I got locked out of contains gigs of precious memories Please I really need help Btw I'm painfully aware my thread looks very similiar to Administrator Account Lost But since I'm desperate I'm asking for your help again

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin rights lost

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin rights lost

Maybe you could get access with the system account.
How to gain access to system account the most powerful account in Windows.
use with extreme care.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/281581-admin-rights-lost.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I m royally screwed Basicly I can t do anything because I have no my Lost rights admin admin rights After an accidental SID change I know I know I got locked out of my admin account And since this pc has no other accounts Lost my admin rights I m First of all system restore doesn t work because I didn t reboot in days Second booting in safe mode to get to the secret-administrator account doesn t work either because it isn t there Now I tried the cmd gt net user administrator active yes but ironicly this needs administrator priviliges ofcourse An alternative I found for this was boot in safe mode gt Ctrl shift enter and type net user but Ctrl shift enter didn t work and running cmd normally gave me the same no-rights error All of this wouldn t be a problem if I could just type in my administrator password somewhere which I still have just to clearify and regain acces but ofcourse since this is vista my password is useless Way to go The only place where I can type in my administrator password is F gt Repair computer which leads me to the pre-installed vista setup Here I can login to my administrator account which leads me to the repair options and I already tried all of those exept the complete backup one Now the funny thing is this gt http www jimmah com vista imgs re jpg should be displayed but in my case I miss the cmd option which I need for this solution gt http www jimmah com vista Administ of admin aspx Now even though I m sure vista is super-good-awsome enough to make this beautiful traphole on its own I still believe there might be some virus or something at work My AVG didn t pick up anything but any suggestions are welcome I ve weaseled my way out of a lot of trapholes before but this seems to be foolproof Before posting anything keep in my mind that I can hardly run anything can install nothing and can t change anything The only possible ways I see to get out of this is too use my admin password somewhere hack my way past the admin prompt or maybe something with safe mode The only real option I have left is to reinstall my OS if I can even manage that but I really really don t want to do this since the account I got locked out of contains gigs of precious memories Please I really need help

A:Lost my admin rights

Hi,

First thing you should do is back up your data.

One way you can do this is by using Ubuntu. This is completely free, and has the advantage that it can be run off a USB stick or a CD - saving you having to install it on your hard drive.

You can get it from here: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Step #2 on that page shows you how to create the USB/CD.

Then once you boot into it (choose the option where it just runs off the USB/CD) you can use it to copy your files from the Windows Partition to an external hard drive (Note: Do not copy anything to the Ubuntu Filesystem as it will not be saved on shut-down)

Once your data is backed up you can decide if you want to proceed with trying to fix it or just re-install.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-my-admin-rights-502202.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi My norton antivirus recently picked up a Printer exe virus and admin rights Lost deleted it immediatly after this the PC re-booted itself and since then I have lost all of my admin rights Norton has also been disabled and I can't start it again During a session I periodically get a quot Copying quot dialog box which I cancel There has also been a mention of kernelwind exe when it Lost admin rights does this I've carried out a HJT check - see below Any help would be appreciated Paul Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Lost admin rights Program Files Norton Lost admin rights Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system kernelwind exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system shovth exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C WINDOWS system suspend exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioAudioCentral quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe quot O - HKLM Run YrfkO C docume paul locals temp YrfkO exe O - HKLM Run SG M C WINDOWS System SG M exe O - HKLM Run LRX W X T MQ C WINDOWS System JwqVfC exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Easy-PrintToolBox C Program Files Canon Easy-PrintToolBox BJPSMAIN EXE logon O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quo... Read more

A:Lost admin rights

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Download combofix.exeSave it to your desktop.
Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Note:In case you already used Combofix previously, please delete the version you are having and redownload it again, because Combofix is being updated everyday.
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Do not post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.
If your Antivirus software is detecting combofix or a part of it as a virus, please choose to ignore it as Antivirus products cannot determine the good/bad use of some softwares embedded in combofix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/lost-admin-rights-206506.html
Relevancy 81.7%

sir
I started my laptop today and it showed a different welcome screen ,and the touchpad scroll also stopped working.When I tried to access msconfig to know aboput startup services it showed this message ""Windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS \System32\msconfig. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"" .The same message appeared when opening regedit and other files on C:.
Ever since my touchpad also doesnt work in between.I mean sometimes it works and sometimes doesnt.

Please provide a solution.I doubt its some virus

THanks
Jose

A:lost admin rights

Also a message of not responding keeps appearing asking to end process....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396722/lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi!

I just did "chkdsk /f" as someone in that chat adviced me to do because my defragmentation was not moving forward and then it said
"Access Denied"

Even though I am the administrator of the computer.
I also had a likewise error 40000 when a game was trying to update that may have also had to do with Administrator rights.
Yesterday I scanned my computer with AVG Anti-Virus free and it said I had an unknown virus? But then AVG told me it was removed or in quarantine.
I'm using windows XP 64 bit.

Am I infected? What do I do?!

Greetings,
SFS

A:Lost some admin rights?

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can. If you have performed any of the scans below post the logs for those scans, and then perform the ones you have not done.Please download and run Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, clic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450450/lost-some-admin-rights/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him just a standard user from admin, the account we still have on our main desktop is only a standard user as well and i forgot to change it to an admin. I tried so many different ways. I tried command prompt, safe mode to giving the local account admin but the "YES" button is still blurred out. I have no idea what to do since this a new software and every method I have tried doesn't help.

A:Lost all Admin rights.

Option four here:
Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57552-lost-all-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have been trying to find out how to correct this for the past months My son added a Microsoft account to my win HP computer Because I then had to type a password in every time I turned on or woke up my computer we tried taking it back off He typed in netwiz or something like that admin Win 8 Lost rights in I don't know what he did after that but I can no longer update anything on my computer because I Lost admin rights in Win 8 am not the admin Trusted installer is I approached HP about this and they want to remotely enter my computer and fix the problem That means it can be fixed Only help they gave me is it has Lost admin rights in Win 8 to do with the window modular installer Any ideas as to what they may be doing if they went into my computer That is a lot of money but I may have to pay it or do a total format and restore to get my computer Lost admin rights in Win 8 back Thanks Barb

A:Lost admin rights in Win 8

See here: How to enable the hidden Administrator account in Windows 8

Do that, then login as Administrator and change the account type for your normal account to Administrator and change or remove the password.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60425-lost-admin-rights-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have windows 7 home premium in my hp laptop. Now, few days back I lost admin rights lost and tried to get it back by restoring previous restore point. I got it also.
Then, I tried to install windows 7 service pack 1, but unable to complete the task successfully.
After the above procedure, I lost all my previous restore points along with admin rights from my system. Now, please suggest the best solution.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6163c7fd-e2e3-4821-b355-b1a3ed083b01/admin-rights-lost?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 81.7%

Thank you in advance for any help I m not a complete n b but I apparently know just enough to jack my laptop up Anyway I noticed trouble the other day when my computer would start up with only the quot My Documents quot window coming up I fixed that through task manager regedit Afterwards I started getting obvious malware popups so I ran Rights.. Please help! Admin Lost a virus scan on Norton and saw that I had these Downloader MisleadApp Trojan Vundo Trojan Dropper Trackware Webenhancer Hacktool Rootkit I turned off my System Restore after running the scan and rebooting a couple times and now it looks like I m clean except I have DLL errors when I start-up and don t have administrator priveleges I m the only user Here s the HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Lost Admin Rights.. Please help! v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm Lost Admin Rights.. Please help! exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users Bobby Program Files DNA btdna exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dll F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEH... Read more

A:Lost Admin Rights.. Please help!

Sorry to bump this, but I really need assistance with this issue. I run a small business and this is definitely effecting my business. Thank you so much!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-rights-please-help.710328/
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm Using Win2kPro on an IBM PII laptop with 98MB of ram and a 30G hard drive. I am established as the administrator on this machine. The problem is this, I am unable to set up my machine to receive faxes, I can send, but not receive. I have gone into the "Fax Manager" to elect the option to receive but each time I do so I receive the following error message: "Access Denied".
I've tried accessing the system administration options to reset the "permissions", reset the administrative name et al, nothing seems to be working for me. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help me out? I really need this function.

Thanks,
Rico

A:Lost Admin rights...?

Are you logged on with an account that is part of the Admen group?

Does the issue occurs if you log on with a different account that is part of the Admin group?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-rights.267518/
Relevancy 81.7%

Over the last couple of weeks Kaspersky has been alerting me to trojans that it has told me it dealt with. This evening I got an alert again saying it had dealt with trojan.html.fraud.d. Windows also updated itself this evening.

My PC now seems to have lost admin rights (I only found this out when I went to try and use Nero and it told me I couldn't burn). I am set up as a computer administrator. The log in and shut down has also changed 'look'.

Can anyone please help me and determine if I am infected, how I can get my PC back working normally again and have admin rights!!

I am using XP Media Edition.

Thanks in advance.

A:XP lost admin rights

Lost Administrator rights.http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administration...t_of_admin.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264637/xp-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm Using Win2kPro on an IBM PII laptop with 98MB of ram and a 30G hard drive. I am established as the administrator on this machine. The problem is this, I am unable to set up my machine to receive faxes, I can send, but not receive. I have gone into the "Fax Manager" to elect the option to receive but each time I do so I receive the following error message: "Access Denied".
I've tried accessing the system administration options to reset the "permissions", reset the administrative name et al, nothing seems to be working for me. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help me out? I really need this function.

Thanks,
Rico

A:Lost Admin rights...?

Are you logged on with an account that is part of the Admen group?

Does the issue occurs if you log on with a different account that is part of the Admin group?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-rights.267518/
Relevancy 81.7%

Thanks,
Rico

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi Guys I'm runnning Windows XP Professional on an HP p I was infected but after running some tools now I think I'm not infected although Admin Rights Lost I'm not sure and I lost admin rights If you could help I would kindly appreciate it D DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Lost Admin Rights Run by User at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Lost Admin Rights Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper Lost Admin Rights exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Connection Manager sysctrlB exe C Program Files Connection Manager SamsungPnPServiceManager exe C Documents and Settings User Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Digsby lib digsby-app exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe svchost exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Novadigm ManagementAgent nvdkit exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system WebUpdateSvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C DOCUME User LOCALS Temp xrip exe C DOCUME User LOCALS Temp winretuiv exe C DOCUME User LOCALS Temp winvghn exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files Digsby lib aspell bin aspell exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Clarus Samsung Auto Backup ISFGuage exe C Program Files Clarus Samsung Auto Backup ISFTimerD exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www hp com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Google Gears Helper e fefe -fbf - ae-ba - ca e fb - c program files google google gears internet explorer gears dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Z SysStart c program files connection manager sysctrlB exe uRun Z PNP c program files connection manager SamsungPnPServiceManager exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings user local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Cpqset c program files hewlett-packard default settings cpqset exe mRun IntelliPoint quot c program files microsoft intellipoint ipoint exe quot mRun QlbCtrl exe c program files hewlett-packard hp quick launch buttons QlbCtrl exe Start mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun BluetoothAuthentica... Read more

A:Lost Admin Rights

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219690/lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 80.84%

Need Help asap, I have lost all admin rights on my only user account on this machine. I have searched for a solution high and low for awhile now but I need to install software for work!

I cannot open an elevated command prompt (Access Denied)

I cannot edit registry (Access Denied)

When I try to refresh windows I am asked to pick an account to continue with and the only account shown is the Homegroupuser$... no clue what the password for this would be as I have no network.

I need to know how I can access my admin account... I am not using pro version of windows........

A:Lost admin rights on only account

If you do not have administrative account and can't create administrative account then there is not much you can do.

it looks you have deleted the only administrative account?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/65689-lost-admin-rights-only-account.html
Relevancy 80.84%

The problem started when a colleague had an excel file he d forgotten the password to I downloaded a password utility and ran Lost Infected - Rights. Admin it It Infected - Lost Admin Rights. was not a program at all but a suite of spyware I still have the program if you want to have a look via a VMware machine or similar Now the windows firewall is switched Infected - Lost Admin Rights. off and I m told I don t have admin rights to switch it back on again this applies when logged on as admin in safe mode as well I cannot call up task manager either Infected - Lost Admin Rights. Adaware detects and fixes the task manager problem but it comes back at re-boot I ve used Adaware Spybot and Spyware doctor and cleared out a load but the main problem remains Spydoctor reports Backdoor CIADoor - it says it has fixed it but it s there when re-scanned As the login startup begins the firewall is on but gets turned off as the computer finishes it s startup which make me think that there is something in the startup sequence I ve used Hijackthis and suspect a userinit entry that I d not noticed before but best internet advice says it should be there I hope someone out there can help me

A:Infected - Lost Admin Rights.

Have you run any online virus scanners?Try these:http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/http://housecall.trendmicro.com/Also this online Trojan scanner:TrojanScan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62455/infected-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have removed Win 7 Antimalware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware, it worked great and has removed the virus.
Unfortunately I still get the error message when I try to system restore "System Restore has been turned off by your system administrator. To turn on system restore, contact your system administrator"

I do have administration rights on my PC but can't resolve. I don't know if any other commands are the same.

Ian

A:Admin rights lost on Windows 7

Welcome to TSF!

Go to Control Panel and search for create a restore point-> Go to the Configure window and make sure system restore is set on for your OS drive.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-rights-lost-on-windows-7-a-472733.html
Relevancy 80.84%

UpdateI've manages to Admin Rights Lost - Infected stop the shared access service cmd prompt - quot sc stop SharedAccess quot and quot sc delete Shared Access quot I've killed off the svcvhost entries with HijackthisI've deleted the windows system svcvhost exe file with killfileeverything looks goodI did all this once and it was fine for minutes then it all came back - everything - no idea whyI've done it again and it's stayed fixed Infected - Lost Admin Rights for mins or so - looking OK at the moment Still no command prompt and no windows firewallcurrent log is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Utilities Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Utilities Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files Utilities Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Utilities ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Bob Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - no file O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA UTILIT SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA UTILIT SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run LogonStudio quot C Program Files Utilities LogonStudio logonstudio exe quot RANDOMO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run pdfFactory Pro Dispatcher v C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot C Program Files Logitech Video ManifestEngine exe quot bootO - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Utilities Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimizedO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Utilities Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Startup Stardock ObjectDock lnk C Program Files Utilities ObjectDock ObjectDock exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Offi... Read more

A:Infected - Lost Admin Rights

Hey there Bob and welcome to Bleeping Computer's security forum.My name is David, I will be helping you with your log today.So far i think you've done a pretty grand job of removing all the malware off your system as the Hijackthis log above is now clean. My only concern is that you say you removed it all before and it came back again. This could be anything from a reinfection due to your lack of protection (no antivirus installed for example), or you have some hidden downloaders on your system which keep reinfecting you as long as you have them on your system. I'll do my best to root out the bad files if they are present, then try and repair any damage done by the malware. I have seen cmd.exe get corrupt a couple of times for no apparent reason, though suspected malware. Or the default path to c:\windows\system32 may be lost but that would cause a host of problems. But you could try start/run c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe to see.If not try start/run c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386\cmd.exeand see if that copy works. If so then copy it over the one in c:\windows\system32. There is also a cmd.exe in c:\i386, but that is the pre-sp2 version I believe.If not, try start/run c:\windows\system32\command.com - the old command interpreter. If that doesn't work either then likely the problem lies in the core of Windows and a repair might be in order. Let me know how that goes. I saw in your other thread that the task manager isn't working.A simple regedit should be able to fix this.Please open notepad and and copy and paste next bold in it:(don't forget to copy and paste REGEDIT4)REGEDIT 4[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000"**del.DisableTaskMgr"=" "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\]"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"DisableCAD"=dword:00000000Save this as "fix.reg" Choose to save as *all files and place it on your desktop.It should look like this: Doubleclick on it and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click yes/ok.One thing we also must do is install an antivirus, you don't have one active!This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.You need to install an antivirus program as soon as you can and run a complete scan of the computer. AVG and Avast are excellent, free antivirus programs..Never install more than one antivirus on your system - several together can cause problems and decrease performance.I also see that you have lost your admin rights.Can you logon to the Administrator account in Safe Mode? If so, you should be able to restore administrator rights to the user accounts there.If that doesn't work, while still in Safe Mode, Administrato account, try this: Go to Start>Run, type in control userpasswords2 (note the space after "control"), click OK. Double click on an account you want to change, then go to the Group Membership tab, select Administrators in the drop-down list, click OK. Do that for each user account.If you get the admin rights back, see if you can turn back on the firewall.Now, let's have a look for any remaining malware on the computer.Please download, install, and update Ewido anti-spywareLoad Ewido and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")Then click on the Scanner tab... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62596/infected-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 80.84%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/i-have-lost-all-admin-rights-need-help-fixing-278068/
Relevancy 80.84%

Last week the quot Win Security quot popped up and started scanning I tried to kill the app and the process but couldn t I shutdown the computer and rebooted Rights Admin and Infected Lost into safe mode and ran Malwarebytes and did and AVG scan It did find some errors and fixed removed them Reboot Infected and Lost Admin Rights and logged back in Windows I didn t see any pop ups so thought the problem was fixed I started noticing that I was getting error messages whenever I went to Google or gmail Can t remember the exact wording but something about the site not having current credentials I did a Google search on how to fix it and it stated to go to Infected and Lost Admin Rights local apps and remove a file I tried but was told that I was not an admin and couldn t do it I went to my user accounts and even though my icon for my account said quot Administrator quot when I went in to check it it stated that I was a standard user I tried to switch it back to Administrator the quot Change Account Type quot would gray out I logged into another administrator account and had the same issue So non of my accounts have admin rights I received a pop up stating that my firewall was disabled so tried to turn it back on and received the message quot Windows firewall cannot change some of your settings Also there are times when my CPU is running at and stays there for long time even when I don t have any programs running Thanks for your help Here is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by mark at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x ContentWatch Internet Protection cwsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL Global VPN Client SWGVCSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows SysWOW java exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users mark AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Users mark AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Users mark AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files De... Read more

A:Infected and Lost Admin Rights

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/439095 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439095/infected-and-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 80.84%

Admin rights lost on Windows -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I have been reffered to you by Jcgriff hope you can help I have removed Win Antimalware rights Admin 7 lost Windows on with Malwarebytes Anti-malware it worked great and has removed the virus Unfortunately I still get the error message when I try to system restore quot System Restore has been turned off by your system administrator To turn on system restore contact your system administrator quot I do have administration rights on my PC but can't resolve I don't know if any other commands are the same here is the log DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ian at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost Admin rights lost on Windows 7 exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Packard Bell SrvCDEject exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Windows System LocationNotifications exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Ian Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ebay co uk SID TB ZoneAlarm Toolbar ee ac e -b b - ec - a -bca a ab - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin... Read more

A:Admin rights lost on Windows 7

Hello ian666,

Please post the Malwarebyte's log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/admin-rights-lost-on-windows-7-a-474197.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I currently have Windows Home Premium which I upgraded to a few months ago Everything has been working fine up until this point Due to some issues with a software program I uninstalled it and went to reinstall it again only to receive a pop-up saying that I needed to login as an administrator with a password and such I also had the option of selecting my own account and continuing I've tried both options as my single account on this computer is listed as the administrative account I've tried adding a new account [SOLVED] Rights Admin Lost and making it the [SOLVED] Lost Admin Rights administrator and installing from there but that doesn't work either Even after restoring my computer to a previous point I still am not allowed access being told that I am not an administrator I've received [SOLVED] Lost Admin Rights various forms of this error message One such message was quot unable to elevate error quot or something to this nature [SOLVED] Lost Admin Rights Now I just continually receive the quot you must be an administrator quot error message I've run numerous virus malware and registry error scans on my computer but nothing is coming up The restore gave me back the software but I still can't update it I've perused various sites online to try and find an answer to my issues The problem is that most other people seem to have a different OS have just purchased their computer or the symptoms they discuss are vastly different from that of my own computer If anyone can help me figure out what's wrong that would be great

A:[SOLVED] Lost Admin Rights

Make sure you are logged in an Admin account and right click the Installer file (Setup.exe) and choose Run As Administrator.
If that fails try this: Unable to install programs, please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-lost-admin-rights-593275.html
Relevancy 79.98%

The other day I was trying to connect both of my computers to each other over my network that way I could share files and my printer between both pc's After hours of trial amp error I finally got them setup to where I can share files between each pc but I just couldn't get the printer to be networked But that's not why I'm here for help When I was trying all these different things to get my printer to be networked - somehow I screwed up my login permissions for my desktop pc First here's my equipment I have a desktop computer running Win bit OS And my printer is connected directly to my desktop - my printer is a HP Photosmart C series My other computer is a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Win XP SP bit OS Before all of this crap started I had my desktop setup so that when I turned on my computer I wouldn't have to log in or select any kind of user account to use - there always just used to be main account with full admin permissions But now my computer has me logging in under a Guest Account without admin permissions I've tried everything to undo my problem and go back to the way things were but I've had no luck Heck I even went to system restore - hoping that I could just roll back by day - but the pc won't let me Admin Problems - Rights Login my Lost use system restore because it says I don't have admin rights Please help me get rid of this guest account so I can go back to having my Login Problems - Lost my Admin Rights and only account WITH FULL ADMIN RIGHTS lol

A:Login Problems - Lost my Admin Rights

Have you tried booting to a Windows 7 installation CD if you have one? boot to it and on the first or second screen there is a small link at the bottom which says 'Repair my computer' (or similar). Click it and there is a system restore option. Alternatively on that same list of options there will be a Startup repair utility which may rebuild your accounts.

Does the computer log straight into the Guest account or is there a logon screen? If you goto control Panel then user accounts is an admin account listed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/login-problems-lost-my-admin-rights-470638.html
Relevancy 79.98%

H guys My computer was infected with virus malware spyware everything One of the virus infection. rights Lost admin after many symtoms was that my account did not have admin rights anymore After Cleaning the pc the computer runs much better Lost admin rights after virus infection. i have follow the instruccions on spyware malware removal on a previous thread But i still don t have administrator rights on this accont I can t change my deskpot i can t get to system properties right click my computer properties i can t get to control panel i can t do any updates The computer is listed as an administrator account and i don t know how to go about with this i tried creating another admin account and then copying the old one to the new one but it does not allow me to copy the profile It would allow me to copy any other profile listed but not the one i want to change Again this started happening after my computer was infected Everytime i tried to do any of the tasks mentioned above i get a lack of priveileges Lost admin rights after virus infection. message telling me to contact the system administrator and this is anoying Can anyone help Please Your help will be Greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Lost admin rights after virus infection.

Try performing an XP repair:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-rights-after-virus-infection.92257/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am the only user and am locked out of admin rights network connections page is blank all connections have disappeared lost all sound - says there is no audio device Cannot turn on firewall internet connections For further information please read this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t not-sure-what-i-am-infected-with OBmy DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jerry at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system netdde exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc rights internet connections all admin and lost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k eapsvcsC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsJ dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com TB A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - No FileEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system lost all admin rights and internet connections ctfmon exemRun NWEReboot mRun RegistryMechanic mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupuPolicies-explorer NoWindowsUpdate x DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cabDPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cabDPF DB F - E- EE - C- CF AA A - hxxp download microsoft com download a ad- ad- af-b ef-e b b e VirtualEarth D cabDPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cabDPF A DEF-F - B- F D-A F ED - hxxp download microsoft com download f f b c- - cee-bc -fd fea VirtualEarth D cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dllSEH SABShellExecuteHook Class ae d - afb- e - a-ebb f a da - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLLLSA Authentication Packages msv c windows system pmnlljJc SERVICES DRIVERS R ViBus ViBus c windows system drivers ViBus sys - - R ViPrt VIA SATA IDE Device Driver c windows system drivers ViPrt sys - - R Avg Core AVG Kernel c windows system drivers avg core sys - - R Avg RsW AVG Wrap Driver c windows system drivers avg rsw sys - - R Avg RsXP AVG Resident Driver XP c windows system drivers avg rsxp sys - - R AvgClean AVG Clean Driver c windows system drivers avgclean sys - - R SASDIFSV SASDIFSV c program files superantispyware sasdifsv sys - - R SASKUTIL SASKUTIL c program files superantispyware SASKUTIL SYS - - R Avg Alrt AVG Alert Manager Server c progra grisoft avg avgamsvr exe - - R Avg UpdSvc AVG Update Service c progra grisoft avg avgupsvc exe - - R SASENUM SASENUM c program files superantispyware SASENUM SYS - - S rt Ralink n USB Wireless LAN Card Driver c windows system drivers rt sys - - Created Last - - a------- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - a------- c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - --d----- c docume jerry applic Malwarebytes - - --d----- c program files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - --d----- c docume alluse applic Malwarebytes - - --d----- c program files common files Wise Installation Wizard - - a------- c documents and settings jerry jagex runescape preferences dat - - --d----- c windows jagex ca... Read more

A:lost all admin rights and internet connections

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212845/lost-all-admin-rights-and-internet-connections/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,
I have Windows 7.

I noticed that all of a sudden my option to create a new file folder disappeared.  After some searching, it appeared the problem was with the registry.  When I went to change it, the Registry is not found.

I continued my search and realized I had a virus. No online scans work, the internet browser just closes.

I have download onto a USB and copied onto the infected computer- Norton Power Eraser, Super Spyware, Malwarebytes.  They open and close immediately.

I came to this forum to get instructions on combo fix. 

I tried to pull up the command line with the winkey +R and I get the message I do not have access.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

A:Cannot run any antivirus, even if downloaded. Lost admin rights

Welcome aboard  Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498122/cannot-run-any-antivirus-even-if-downloaded-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 79.98%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Please Admin Spyware/Malware, Due Lost Help. to Rights Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dll exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www houstonwaterbills houstontx gov R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http Lost Admin Rights Due to Spyware/Malware, Please Help. go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Lost Admin Rights Due to Spyware/Malware, Please Help. HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Lost Admin Rights Due to Spyware/Malware, Please Help. Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt O - Hosts warez-bb org O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run amd dc opt quot C Program Files AMD Dual-Core Optimizer amd dc opt exe quot O - HKLM Run SetRefresh quot C Program Files Compaq SetRefresh SetRefresh exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard quot C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exe quot O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run DLA quot C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck quot C WINDOWS system dumprep exe quot -u O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Discovery User Input C Discovery User Input userin exe O - HKLM Run sysldtray c windows ld exe O - HKCU Run LightScribe Control Panel quot C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe quot -hidden O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run dll dll O - HKCU Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKUS S- - - Run LightScribe Control Panel C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hidden User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run LightScribe Control Panel C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hidden User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button IE Pro Preferences - F-A - f - C - F CBBF C D ... Read more

A:Lost Admin Rights Due to Spyware/Malware, Please Help.

We recommend that you read this article…
"NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

After your system has been verified as clean, if your are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-admin-rights-due-to-spyware-malware-please-help-354332.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I was instructed to open a new post in the XP Forum per post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t lost-admin-rightsctrl-al-del-does-not-workcannot-shut-down-without-powering-off I have been experiencing the following issues Cannot Shut down without manually powering up IE windows open and then immediately close for four or five tries prior to being able to actually access the internet IE windoes lock up when trying to close them When I try to go into Control Panel rights etc. DEL, down, Lost Shut admin Cannot ALT CTL Print, I normally receive an error saying that i do not have sufficient rights Cannot print Cannot do a CTRL ALT DEL various other programs will lock up after having them open for or so minutes I worked with someone in the HJT forum see post above and he walked me through various steps that you can see in the notes At this point he has referred me here for assistance Also note I have unfortunately not been able to locate my XP CD I appreciate any help that you can provide

A:Cannot CTL ALT DEL, Print, Shut down, etc. Lost admin rights

Well...seems to me that Kahdah pretty much ran the gamut of things that could work, short of a repair install effort or a clean install. I certainly can't think of much that you can try without an XP CD.Your system sounds as if it needs a clean install, but I would try a repair install first. A repair install would leave your data files and programs intact, but would give you a new set of system files. But...a repair install will not correct hardware or malware problems...I think we can rule out malware presence at this point, but the effects seem to be evident on your system.You need to see if you borrow or obtain a copy of someone's CD (same version, same SP-level) as your system. Using that, with your valid license, we could then try a repair.I believe you already tried this, but I am posting it for future use by some in similar situations where registry permissions have been changed.Reset Registry & File Permissions in XP, http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/reset-th...-in-windows-xp/.I see where some suggest that the Dial-A-Fix tool may enable resetting default permissions...but I guess I don't have much faith in a tool's ability to deal with situations that are almost 2010-ish...when it hasn't been updated in 3 years. But...trying it is better than trying nothing, IMO.Worth reading, http://www.timeatlas.com/useful_utilities/...update_problems.http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fixLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267146/cannot-ctl-alt-del-print-shut-down-etc-lost-admin-rights/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm not sure what happened but all of a sudden the only admin account is QBDataServiceUser23, which I understand is from using multi user in QuickBooks. Intuit is the only one that knows the password for QBDataServiceUser23 and I cannot add another account, install anything, do system restore or anything unless I have admin rights. I get a pop up every now and then that says I am logged in as a standard user. I would really like to be able to figure this out without having to reinstall Windows. I have searched and searched on the net but cannot find any info on how to get QBDataServiceUser23 off or how to add a new admin account without needing the password. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

A:Lost admin rights and cannot download or install anything

Perhaps a quick call to Intuit may help?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/66118-lost-admin-rights-cannot-download-install-anything.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi All Working on a XP PC that has no security updates for a family member and they have lost admin rights on their acount I would imagine a virus or And - Rights Lost Virus? Admin Other Functions malware When logged in under true admin account in Safe Mode I have all rights and access But the infected profile is limited even in Safe Mode Below is a Hijackthis log file in safe mode from this PC Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe modeRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Lost Admin Rights And Other Functions - Virus? Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http srch-us hpwis com F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS shell exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - F D - FF - F - BB- AB B - C Program Files rrfozbol ybrkoozf dll file missing O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exeO - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeO - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTARTO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - DEFAULT User Startup AutoPlay exe User 'Default user' O - Startup AutoPlay exeO - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online a aoltray exeO - Global Startup hp center UI lnk C Program Files hp center Shadow ShadowBar exeO - Global Startup hp center lnk C Program Files hp center Program BackWeb- exeO - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeO - HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button MktBrowser - A - FC- d - C- D F FA - C Program Files MarketBrowser lmt MarketBrowser Launch xpyO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem MarketBrowser - A - FC- d - C- D F FA - C Program Files MarketBrowser lmt MarketBrowser Launch xpyO - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htmO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htmO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dllO - Extra button MoneySide - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com windowsupd b O - DPF B E -BAE - D -A B - B PWMediaSendControl Class - http code PWActiveXImgCtl CABO - DPF B FB- A B- - AF - E F C cpbrkpie Control - http a g akamai net ftp cpbrkpie cabO - Service Ad-Aware Service aawserv... Read more

A:Lost Admin Rights And Other Functions - Virus?

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. As you can probably see our HijackThis Team is incredibly busy at the moment, but I apologise for the delay you have experienced. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A HijackThis LogThanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145331/lost-admin-rights-and-other-functions-virus/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi - I have a home XP system and when I did a spyware scan a few months ago I lost my control panel and Administrator rights. I ran "Control userpasswords2," from the command line and it shows that I have administrator rights. But, when ever I try to remove or install a program the system says "access denied make sure the disk is full," or You do not have privileges contact your system administrator. I started in safe mode, created a new account, with full administrator privileges, but, that too did not work. By the way the control panel was not available in safe move. I even checked the registry for "noncontrolpanel," and could not find that entry. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks... Ronnie

A:Lost Control Panel + No Admin Rights - Please Help

What error does it give you when you try to open the control panel?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-control-panel-no-admin-rights-please-help-252722.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I have a notebook with Windows Home Premium I have only account on it with admin rights But somehow a couple of days ago I lost my admin rights even though the account still shows as an admin Things that changed are - Can't start cmd - Can't start regedit - When I press ctrl alt del there's no more option to open the task manager - Firefox saved passwords are gone when I reboot - I get the following error on startup I translated it to English from Dutch Quote Microsoft NET Framework There is an unprocessed exception in the program If you press quot Continue quot de error will be ignored and the progam will continue If you press quot Quit quot the program will be shut down immediately Access to rights 7 Windows [SOLVED] admin on Lost registerkey HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System denied See the end of this message for more information on calling of JIT error finding in stead of this [SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7 dialog I didn't translate the rest of the message but here it is Code Tekst van uitzondering System UnauthorizedAccessException Toegang tot de registersleutel HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System is geweigerd bij Microsoft Win RegistryKey Win Error Int errorCode String str bij Microsoft Win RegistryKey CreateSubKey String subkey RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck [SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7 RegistrySecurity registrySecurity bij Microsoft Win Registry SetValue String keyName String valueName Object value RegistryValueKind valueKind bij Microsoft VisualBasic MyServices RegistryProxy SetValue String keyName String valueName Object value RegistryValueKind valueKind bij stub Form Form Load Object sender EventArgs e bij System EventHandler Invoke Object sender EventArgs e bij System Windows Forms Form OnLoad EventArgs e bij System Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible bij System Windows Forms Control CreateControl bij System Windows Forms Control WmShowWindow Message amp m bij System [SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7 Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m bij System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m bij System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Geladen assembly's mscorlib Assembly-versie Win -versie win RTMGDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- stub Assembly-versie Win -versie CodeBase file C Users Jasper AppData Local Temp Server exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- mscorlib resources Assembly-versie Win -versie win RTMGDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic resources Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic resources nl b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic resources dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms resources As... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7

Boot into Recovery using Windows DVD or the Recovery partition and run Windows System Restore -- choose a restore point prior to the trouble occurring.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-lost-admin-rights-on-windows-7-a-511996.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have installed win bits - actually on top of win bits and this has worked fine for a month or so Then last week it started to work somewhat weird I think it may be due to automatic updates from Microsoft that has bits rights windows Lost 7/64 admin created some inconsistencies I've tried lots of suggestion I find on the I-net but nothing has cured the problem yet E g I use WiFi for connecting to the I-net but when I look into the Network and Sharing Center it tells me that Lost admin rights windows 7/64 bits I'm not linked to any network even if IE Safari and Outlook work seemingly fine But I can't change anything My UA says I am the admin but I'm not able to create a new UA with admin rights I really hope for some help so that I can avoid to clean up everything and Lost admin rights windows 7/64 bits start all over again I tried to repair the system by using the installation CD but it tells me that the system on the PC is newer and hence it can't fixt it Do you have any suggestion Best regards Kai

A:Lost admin rights windows 7/64 bits

Go to Start/Search and type CMD. Right click the CMD.exe icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /Release and press enter. Your IP address should change to 0.0.0.0. Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew you should get a new IP address and the Network and Sharing should remove the yellow flag.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-admin-rights-windows-7-64-bits-623863.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I am not on my own computer... helping someone else to fix theirs.
We have no administrative rights and control panel is GONE! I ran the free scan from Symantec and it came up with more than I can count trojans and other stuff.... This computer 'was' sitting in a place where 'people' came in and used it for their...... uhhh.... personal 'stuff'.... so it is completely corrupted.
It is used at a small business office and would really like to repair it for them. The only thing I do know is that it he is running WinXP Home (service pack2 suppose to be on it)... it is from Dell.
I am hoping someone can help me get it up and running again.... all of his car sales 'stuff' is on it!!
Thanks

A:Lost Control Panel & Admin rights!!! HELP~pls

Thought this may help.... I am hoping to resolve this today =).

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:54:42 PM, on 11/2/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Scansoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\MOJI\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {597860E2-97E8-4DFC-A26E-5CE008F2988A} - C:\WINDOWS\abkacb.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {868865EC-0295-4C7D-B25D-9F65314145E9} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\khfcbab.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BE5E9DCE-E1D3-47B8-8E10-A1E2BE7A239C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcyw.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{ZN}] C:\WINDOWS\TISKY009.exe SKY009
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{80-08-84-4B-ZN}] c:\windows\system32\kkdsregk.exe CHD003
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yoipazcA] C:\WINDOWS\yoipazcA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt2] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl05a\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl03a\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SearchIndexer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\gejqpgdw.dll",sitypnow
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\Scansoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kloyvauA] C:\WINDOWS\kloyvauA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-control-panel-admin-rights-help-pls.646957/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello guys Please help me find a way to solve my problem Yesterday when I first set up Win I have created a windows account with my email Soon after I have realized that my C Users folder was messed up it was a shorter version of my email so I decided to swith to a local account instead and to my huge surprise I have love every right to change anything I have tried every solution I have found on the internet I am able to boot in save mode but the cmd doesn't point to the system so I cannot execute NET USER Win local from after Lost account switching to one rights Admin 10 ADMINISTRATOR ACTIVE YES I spent hours and I couldn't fix it I even switched back to the win account and I still do not have any rights to make changes I can't even make changes in control panel in safe mode It's getting frustrating and after the update the solutions on the other forums do not even make sence anymore I just want a local acount with my right name and administrator rights Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70169-lost-admin-rights-after-switching-win-10-account-local-one.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi;

I installed Windows7 recently. I was changing permissions and accidently denied authenticated users to C drive. I was logged in as admin which is the only account. Now I cant access anythig in C Drive and cant execute any thing. I tried through safe mode as well but of no use. How can I regain access or reset permissions.

Any help would be appreciated!

cheers

A:cant access root drive - lost admin rights

Can you open the properties of your c:\ drive????

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/21341-cant-access-root-drive-lost-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Well I has playing around with netplwiz in order to at least try remove the password need when I log into the computer I've managed to take out the password in the login but now the rights only in computer admin in the Lost account user the only account existent in the computer no longer has the admin rights and it's listed as guest account It wouldn't be that much of a problem if the UAC didn't prompted me every now and then like when I try to run exe files or do things that require Lost admin rights in the only user account in the computer admin rights and asked for the admin password which is quot blank quot as Lost admin rights in the only user account in the computer there is no digit in it Not only that but also there's nowhere to quot type quot the password in the UAC prompt Is there anyway to solve this I'm willing to do things as re-install windows but no format because I don't want to lose my file If you guys could show me a way to solve this without re-installing windows it would be much appreciated Thanks in advance Henrique

A:Lost admin rights in the only user account in the computer

Originally Posted by henriquelicori

Well, I has playing around with netplwiz in order to (at least try) remove the password need when I log into the computer. I've managed to take out the password in the login, but now the only account existent in the computer no longer has the admin rights and it's listed as guest account. It wouldn't be that much of a problem if the UAC didn't prompted me every now and then (like when I try to run .exe files or do things that require admin rights) and asked for the admin password (which is "blank", as there is no digit in it). Not only that but also there's nowhere to "type" the password in the UAC prompt.
Is there anyway to solve this? I'm willing to do things as re-install windows, but no format because I don't want to lose my file. If you guys could show me a way to solve this without re-installing windows it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Henrique.

I think I would move that file you don't want to lose to an external drive or to the cloud before you loose it.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35729-lost-admin-rights-only-user-account-computer.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok I have many problems and am tempted to reformat and reinstall But I rights overrun lost and admin Buffer detected thought I would try here as a last resort My two Buffer overrun detected and admin rights lost main problems that are keeping me from doing much are the quot Buffer overrun detected quot and my admin account has lost most of its admin rights I have only one account on Buffer overrun detected and admin rights lost my computer and that s the admin I have constant popups that can t be blocked and my computer seems to be lagging I am posting all the problems because they might all be linked but the two main ones are the ones I have to get fixed i have tried lost of things Symantec Client Security AVG adaware hijackthis Fixwareout malwaredestroyer spybotsad Here is my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Buffer overrun detected and admin rights lost processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG SCU Utility Gear exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Marcus Mohr Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run AS Gear quot C Program Files NETGEAR WG SCU Utility Gear exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run SystemOptimizer rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system bvasseok dll quot forkonce O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Run WinHTTrack - ECAF - - F - E-AFF D C - C Program Files WinHTTrack WinHTTrackIEBar dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Launch WinHTTrack - ECAF - - F - E-AFF D C - C Program Files WinHTTrack WinHTTrackIEBar dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe fi... Read more

A:Buffer overrun detected and admin rights lost

can anyone help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buffer-overrun-detected-and-admin-rights-lost.614101/
Relevancy 79.12%

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Edition on a Compaq CQ5320F. It recently got a virus, the FBI MoneyPak Ransomeware. I was trying to get it cleared out on another site, but was unsuccessful. I was able to restore it initially and it got rid of the FBI page, but I can no longer make admin changes and it does not recognize my LAN connection, to the point of not even acknowledging there is a cable connected. The cable works as I have plugged it into another computer and have full access to the internet with it. I am at my wits end here. If someone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance.

A:Lost admin rights and can't restore after FBI ransomeware virus

Ok, First, lets try getting rid of that virus.

You could post the virus problem here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum
OR I'll (by constantly looking at the rules) try to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-admin-rights-and-cant-restore-after-fbi-ransomeware-virus-672099.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am running Windows bit Home / networking MoneyPak FBI / rights no admin Ransomeware lost Premium Edition on a Compaq CQ F It recently got a virus the FBI MoneyPak Ransomeware I was trying FBI MoneyPak Ransomeware / lost admin rights / no networking to get it cleared out on another site but was unsuccessful I was able to restore it initially and it got rid of the FBI page but I can no longer make admin changes and it does not recognize my LAN connection to the point of not even acknowledging there is a cable connected The cable works as I have plugged it into another computer and have full access to the internet with it I am at my wits end here If someone has any ideas please let me know Thanks in advance A little additional information This is not my computer I am working on it for my sister she did not have anti-virus software running and is totally computer illiterate hence my assistance The other site had me trying different things to troubleshoot but was unable to complete the removal if requested I can see about posting a link to what they had me do I will try and update this often but my work schedule is hectic this week so bare with me Here is the dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by warman at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files LSI SoftModem agr svc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine coieplg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ips ipsbho dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C... Read more

A:FBI MoneyPak Ransomeware / lost admin rights / no networking

Bump please. I am going out of town for about two months starting on Monday.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/fbi-moneypak-ransomeware-lost-admin-rights-no-networking-672167.html
Relevancy 78.26%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Please Due Rights Thread. in Admin Spyware/Malware, Lost Logs to Help. Run by at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee Lost Admin Rights Due to Spyware/Malware, Logs in Thread. Please Help. VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated AV ESET NOD Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated Running Processes svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dll exe C Documents and Settings Desktop dds pif Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https www houstonwaterbills houstontx gov uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyServer http localhost uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun LightScribe Control Panel quot c program files common files lightscribe LightScribeControlPanel exe quot -hidden uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun dll dll uRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun ATIPTA quot c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe quot mRun amd dc opt quot c program files amd dual-core optimizer amd dc opt exe quot mRun SetRefresh quot c program files compaq setrefresh SetRefresh exe quot mRun Recguard quot c windows sminst Recguard exe quot mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI quot c program files mcafee common framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey mRun DLA quot c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXE quot mRun ISUSPM Startup quot c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe quot -startup mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun ShStatEXE quot c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE mRun UserFaultCheck quot c windows system dumprep exe quot -u mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun Discovery User Input c discovery user input userin exe mRun sysldtray c windows ld exe dRun LightScribe Control Panel c program files common files lightscribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hidden dPolicies-explorer NoSetActiveDesktop x dPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE F-A - f - C - F CBBF C D - B EB C-C - CF- B - A E D FE - c program files iepro iepro dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone houstontx gov www houstonwaterbills DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cab DPF BCC - - B - D-D F D DFAC - hxxp cabs vxreplay cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update ... Read more

A:Lost Admin Rights Due to Spyware/Malware, Logs in Thread. Please Help.

ComboFix 09-03-06.02 - 26039 2009-03-09 10:45:52.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2046.1391 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\docume~1\26039\LOCALS~1\Temp\jcouh4cx.tmp\ComboFix.exe
AV: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated)
AV: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated)
* Created a new restore point
* Resident AV is active

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat
c:\windows\system32\ahtn.htm
c:\windows\system32\frmwrk32.exe
c:\windows\system32\init32.exe
c:\windows\system32\ntdll64.exe
c:\windows\system32\pro1210dwin.dll
c:\windows\system32\reg1210dwin.dll
c:\windows\system32\uniq.tll
c:\windows\system32\warning.gif
c:\windows\system32\win32hlp.cnf
c:\windows\Tasks\njriovaz.job

----- BITS: Possible infected sites -----

hxxp://pwe-wus611
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-02-09 to 2009-03-09 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-03-09 10:43 . 2009-03-09 10:43 13,824 --a------ c:\windows\system32\dll32.exe
2009-03-09 10:43 . 2009-03-09 10:43 1 ---h----- c:\windows\t55ft3518f44.dat
2009-03-09 10:43 . 2009-03-09 10:43 0 --a------ c:\windows\system32\nfr.assembly
2009-03-09 10:42 . 2009-03-09 10:42 12,288 ---h----- c:\windows\ld02.exe
2009-03-06 15:30 . 2009-03-06 15:30 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\26039\Application Data\Media Player Classic
2009-03-06 15:29 . 2009-03-06 15:29 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Real Alternative
2009-03-06 13:54 . 2009-03-06 13:54 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Real
2009-03-06 13:54 . 2009-03-06 15:28 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Common Files\Real
2009-03-06 08:46 . 2009-03-09 08:01 12,000 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\CDProbe.SYS
2009-03-06 08:45 . 2009-03-06 08:47 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\Discovery
2009-03-06 08:45 . 2009-03-06 08:45 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\CENTENN.IAL
2009-02-24 17:17 . 2009-02-24 17:17 59,396 --ah----- c:\windows\system32\mlfcache.dat
2009-02-24 17:16 . 2009-02-24 17:17 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Safari
2009-02-19 14:12 . 2009-03-09 09:32 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\26039\Application Data\U3
2009-02-19 11:02 . 2008-04-13 14:45 26,368 --a------ c:\windows\system32\dllcache\usbstor.sys
2009-02-10 09:05 . 2008-10-15 11:34 337,408 --------- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\netapi32.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-03-09 15:37 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 2
2009-03-09 13:01 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Nakido
2009-03-06 20:30 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\26039\Application Data\DivX
2009-03-06 18:54 499,712 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\msvcp71.dll
2009-03-06 18:54 348,160 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\msvcr71.dll
2009-03-04 19:14 --------- d-----w c:\program files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2009-03-04 19:14 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\26039\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2009-02-24 22:17 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\26039\Application Data\Apple Computer
2009-02-19 19:23 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2009-02-10 17:41 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\26039\Application Data\Move Networks
2009-02-03 19:01 --------- d-----w c:\program files\iTunes
2009-02-03 19:01 --------- d-----w c:\program files\iPod
2009-02-03 19:01 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\Apple
2009-02-03 19:01 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{3276BE95_AF08_429F_A64F_CA64CB79BCF6}
2009-02-02 21:54 2,560 ----a-w c:\windows\_MSRSTRT.EXE
2009-0... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/lost-admin-rights-due-to-spyware-malware-logs-in-thread-please-help-354341.html
Relevancy 78.26%

my windows pc crashed when the battery died, on retsterting checkdisk checked the c drive, i left it to run as it generally take 15-20 minutes.
later I tried to start outlook and it failed saying the file in c:/users/terry/documents/outlook files .. is not a valid PST file
I checked the folder and the file had a lenght of zeo bytes. i clicked right mouse + restore and was offered a file from a restore point yesterday, i selected this and waited. I got a message about admin rights and clicked retry, then I got a messsage
to say the file was not found.
I could see from the folder window the old 0 bytes file had gone. but then all the restore files have gone too,
can anyone suggest a solution.

I am running windows 7 home premium, service pack 1

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/79ef4548-d89d-49e4-8ff9-d38768941ec1/lost-outlook-files-after-retsore-fails-with-no-admin-rights?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I am in a dire state of problem I am using windows ultimate on my Dell inspiron N I have been logged on to a temp profile by which I understand that the user profile i am using is corrupt I went to lt regedit gt and deleted the quot bak rights temp personal to profile_ admin lost computer_Logging my quot extension from file This did not fix my problem I then created another account and transferred all my file to the personal computer_Logging to temp profile_ lost my admin rights new user account except ntuser dat LOG NTUSER DAT and ntuser dat log After all my files were transferred I personal computer_Logging to temp profile_ lost my admin rights gave personal computer_Logging to temp profile_ lost my admin rights admin rights to the new profile and made my corrupt or current profile a standard user profile I logged off my corrupt profile and when I was logging on to my new profile it says quot The group Policy Client service failed the logon Access is denied Please help I have tried using command prompt to create another admin profile another user profile to activate in-built admin and other methods from different forums and youtube Nothing has worked The problem seems to be that I am unable to do anything because of the temp profile What can I do

A:personal computer_Logging to temp profile_ lost my admin rights

Have you tried what is shown here?

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326730-personal-computer_logging-temp-profile_-lost-my-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My problems are varied on this PC Somehow all Admin privileges have disappeared and I cannot disable certain startup items plus I have several AutoIT errors at startup which are directed at GoogleUpdater as follows these popup randomly Line File C users smiths Appdata roaming googleupdater exe Error Incorrect number of parameters in function cell DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Smiths at on - - Microsoft Windows problems AutoIT etc. startup, error rights, - at Various lost admin Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Various problems - AutoIT error at startup, lost admin rights, etc. Security Essentials Enabled Updated F -C A -C -E C-E BA FB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E -E -C D -D BC-D F Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Various problems - AutoIT error at startup, lost admin rights, etc. Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows SysWOW brsvc a exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SysWOW brss a exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-LogRotatorService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows Various problems - AutoIT error at startup, lost admin rights, etc. system msiexec exe C Program Files x SoftwareUpdater UpdaterService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Smiths AppData Local Apps H GRN J AJQ MR ZHBLQ LGM amaz tion f fa ea f f bfc b AmazonCloudDrive exe C Users Smiths AppData Roaming Googleupdate exe C Users Smiths AppData Local Apps H GRN J AJQ MR ZHBLQ LGM amaz tion f fa ea f f bfc b LocalServiceJre bin AmazonCloudDriveW exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Users Smiths AppData Roaming data Autoload exe C Users Smiths AppData Local Temp RarSFX javascript exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Users Smiths AppData Roaming data mstsc exe C Users Smiths AppData Roaming data calculator exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Users Smiths AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Searchindexer exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Smiths AppData Local Temp RarSFX javascript exe C Users Smiths AppData Roamin... Read more

A:Various problems - AutoIT error at startup, lost admin rights, etc.

Just a bit more flavor on my post....
1) Microsoft Security Essentials found several instances of the Trojan Win32/Squida.A running and I quarantined/deleted those.....
2) CPU Use at 100% all the time when nothing is going on
3) My son uses Minecraft all the time - no idea if his networking may be causing this??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505969/various-problems-autoit-error-at-startup-lost-admin-rights-etc/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I know there are lots of posts on this topic I think I have malware that me! etc. got C Lost and access admin Spyway cannot / Malware rights drive has taken over my XP machine I am no longer admin cannot open C drive My Docs etc The firewall is disabled and i cannot reactivate it Totally got me Here are my DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Scott Monson at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe Spyway / Malware got me! Lost admin rights and cannot access C drive etc. C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Fichiers communs Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Fichiers communs InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe C Program Files Fichiers communs InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Fichiers communs Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Fichiers communs Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe C Program Files Fichiers communs InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Corel Corel GuideMenu GuideMenu exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Scott Monson Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Documents and Settings Scott Monson Bureau Crusty exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Documents and Settings Scott Monson Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE NF SEEA dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mycast orb com uSearch Bar uDefault Page URL www google fr ig dell hl fr amp client dell-row amp channel fr ... Read more

A:Spyway / Malware got me! Lost admin rights and cannot access C drive etc.

Hello Amerloch,Welcome to BleepingComputer, I'm DocSatan and I will be helping you with your computer problems. Sorry for the wait. Unfortunately, this DDS Log is almost a week old. Please post a new DDS Log for me to research. Doc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207897/spyway-malware-got-me-lost-admin-rights-and-cannot-access-c-drive-etc/
Relevancy 78.26%

Dont know what to do really Lost a lot of admin rights and says permission is not granted to a lot of places on my computer Mostly just Access is denied When trying to move certain things to my desktop documents or computer? cant permissions change Lost and admin Infected rights other common areas DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Ethan at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Bitdefender Infected computer? Lost admin rights and cant change permissions Antivirus Enabled Updated A D -CED -F B- E- D Infected computer? Lost admin rights and cant change permissions AF A D Infected computer? Lost admin rights and cant change permissions SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated F C-E EC-F E - D E- A D A E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A FD- B -F - C - E F EF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender vsserv exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C ProgramData ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Program Files x DisplayFusion DisplayFusionService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdagent exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe C Windows system viakaraokesrv exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender SafeBox safeboxservice exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming KoshyJohn com MemClean MemClean exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify spotify exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyHelper exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyHelper exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyHelper exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyHelper exe C Users Ethan AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyHelper exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system taskeng exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW M... Read more

A:Infected computer? Lost admin rights and cant change permissions

Hello and Welcome on board ,my Name is Machiavelli and I will assist you with your problem.If you booted into safe mode on your computer then print my instructions!I'm in the 'Malware Staff Team' and will provide you with advice:To remove Malware on a computer can be very complicated. Malware (malicious software) is able to hide and so I may not be able to find it so easily. In order to remove Malware from you Computer, you need to follow my instructions carefully. Don't be worried if you don't know what to do. just ask me! Please stay in contact with me until the problem is fixed.Below are a few tips:Removing Malware is usually very difficult.We need to search and analyse a lot of files. As this is done in our free time, please be patient especially if I don't answer every day!Please follow these instructionsIf you don't follow the instructions your computer may crash. If you fix your PC by yourself, this can be very risky!Please stay in contact with me until your problem is resolvedAs Malware may not be totally removed in one session or in one day, please stay in contact with me until the problem is resolved.Please don't run any other tools without consulting with me as this can complicate finding and removing all MalwareDon't run any tools while I'm fixing your PC. That is counter productive and again, will only complicate finding and removing all Malware!Read my post completelyIf you don't do so, you may make mistakes that could result in your System crashing by your own actions! Please download FRST (by Farbar) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.Download Mirror #1If you are unsure whether you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, see hereDisable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting FRST in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe (depending on which version you downloaded) to run it. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)When the disclaimer appears, click Yes.Click Scan to start FRST.When FRST finishes scanning, two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will open.Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541683/infected-computer-lost-admin-rights-and-cant-change-permissions/
Relevancy 78.26%

When I open IE it usually starts to open and Rights/ctrl off Lost without down shut del work/cannot powering not does al Admin then immediately closes If I open Lost Admin Rights/ctrl al del does not work/cannot shut down without powering off it again I can usually access the internet However I cannot print and sound usually does not function If I go into control panel I cannot open any of the applications since I get a message stating that I do not have administrative rights I cannot clear cookies or delete temp internet files unless I go into Safe Mode CTRL ALT DEL does nothing If I try to open task manager from the tool bar it sometimes opens and sometimes does nothing If I click start logoff it hangs for a bit and then i start receiving program not responding pop ups for or so processes If I end on each one eventually it appears that the system is shutting down but then just hangs at the background page I can only shut down by manually depressing the power button DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kevin at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Webroot Internet Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Updated E C F- CCA- - -BDBC AD FW Webroot Internet Security Essentials disabled - A - DD-BADD-A CABCDEAE Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Sprint Instinct Applications MEMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kevin Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www att net uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin... Read more

A:Lost Admin Rights/ctrl al del does not work/cannot shut down without powering off

Hello kfrederWelcome to Welcome to BleepingComputer =====================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259872/lost-admin-rightsctrl-al-del-does-not-workcannot-shut-down-without-powering-off/
Relevancy 70.95%

On Windows XP, installing iTunes requires admin rights. However, it is not good to use an admin account for regular work. For the Palm Desktop, the workaround was to grant admin rights to the user account, install the application using the user-turn-admin account, then ungrant admin rights. Will this last step cause problems for iTunes, or does iTunes require admin rights for its regular operation (outside of being installed)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/grant-user-admin-rights-install-itune-ungrant-rights-401232.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 63.64%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to carry out the steps in the Hijack this and malware removal instructions, but cannot get the Kaspersky scanner to run.
It says that I need Administrator privileges to install it.
I only have the one account on that machine, the Admin one.

User Accounts shows only the one admin account.

Any ideas how I get the rights back?
Computer is an HP Pavilion Laptop running XP pro SP2

A:Logged In As Admin, But Don't Have Admin Rights

try right clicking on it and selecting "run as admin"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148616/logged-in-as-admin-but-dont-have-admin-rights/
Relevancy 63.21%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot do a few things that require admin rights but I the account I'm using is an admin account. I made a new account and gave it all privileges, admin, backup operations, helpservicesgroup, network configuration operations and replicator but even with all those rights this user can't get windows updates.

This is where I noticed the trouble, I wanted to go to windows updates and it gave me this error:
[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. Click to expand...

Any ideas?

A:Logged in as admin but have no admin rights

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-but-have-no-admin-rights.781270/
Relevancy 63.21%

My problem is that even though I have only one user account defined on my machine and it is set to "Administrator" it is not being allowed to do admin types of things like deleting folders. I tried to create a user group but that's not an option on the Win7 Home Premium version that I use. How can it be that the sole account is not the admin even though it shows that it is in the account user setup?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 424790 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 381321 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled Microsoft Security Essentials in use

A:Admin user has no admin rights?

the actual admin account is hidden and disabled for security reasons,your referring to a account with admin privileges

go into properties for the drive and click on the security tab and check the permissions are enabled for your account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-has-no-admin-rights.1078283/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay, I'm very sure I set my account to be Admin, there's only one account anyway, yet W8 requests admin permission to do everything.

All because of this, I can't change the .ini of a game, I can't update Neverwinter Nights using the updater, I can't save .inis or .txts anywhere except documents...It's annoying.

I used to have W7 before, it never did this to me, but Windows 8 really deeply annoys me.

Now I'll be specific by saying that I only have "Windows 8", no Enterprise or Pro.

How can I make W8 stop nagging me everytime about admin rights? I AM an admin.

A:Windows 8 wants Admin rights, but I AM an admin

I took ownership of everything to get rid of the nag messages.
Someone else may have a better way...

A tutorial---

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49620-windows-8-wants-admin-rights-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an XP machine connected to a server running win server with active directory I have a problem with a single account not having the same permissions as the other accounts within the same OU governed by a single group getting Not admin rights policy All accounts in this OU should have admin rights to the local PC the user is logged into but this one account does not I keep getting quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot every time I try to add a printer Not getting admin rights and other variations of permission related errors while doing some not all administrative tasks with that account I have checked the groups this account is a member of and all is correct there so i created a new account using a copy of the account with the issue and this new account was fine So basically I need some advice on the next step to take I figured it the issue might be in the users profile That a setting there is taking priority and denying the user admin rights but I have had a bad experience with editing roaming profiles over a network before and am now not overly confident in that area nbsp

A:Not getting admin rights

ok fine. this may be help u.
Have u tried to delete & reconfigure that account again. I strongly feel the problem is with the profile only. Sometimes it happaen to me with XP also.
Login with administrator account and rename the user profile folder. then login with tht account name, windows will aotomatically create a new profile for tht user if he is in a domain. try with the new profile. If doesn't work write to me.

Tnks & Regds
Jose
http://www.itechnoworld.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-getting-admin-rights.563129/
Relevancy 59.77%

I posted this topic a while ago and Rights Admin have had no replies I could use some help If this invader has truly taken over all my admin rights how can I change this Must I reformat C drive and install a new operating system Or will the virus still be there after this is done Thanks malwareremover infected my notebook last month I m running XP Tablet on a Fujitsu Lifebook P D After the infection I installed Norton and the popups stopped appearring that all was well The malware installed the tulip wallpaper as my desktop background and now I cannot change it In the display properties dialog box the quot Desktop quot menu selection has been replaced with quot Screensaver quot Right clicking on an image Admin Rights and selecting quot Save as Wallpaper quot does nothing I attempted to do a restore to a point prior to infection but the system will not allow this I tried to restore from disk but the system does not allow the attempt My BIOS has been locked with a password not of my doing As I have no interal DVD I must use an external USB optical drive The drive is operational Admin Rights normally Admin Rights but on bootup I can select it as the boot drive and the system ignores it What to do

A:Admin Rights

Sorry for the delayed response but we are all volunteers and sometimes a topic thread will get missed.I have already responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.This thread is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134268/admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

i just reformatted my pc and install windows xp pro sp3, i can install all other programs with no problem but when i try to install my graphics driver it says i dont have admin right when i am the admini have tried right clicking it and running as administrator but it just tells me denied

A:No Admin Rights

Have you tried redownloading the application?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388558/no-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello

Just installed Win 7 and using it for the first time, my user account has been crested as an admin but i am trying to edit the hosts file in system32/drivers and it will not allow me to save the edited version stating that it need administrator permission.

like i said i am very new to win 7 and have looked at my account etc but cannot see why it will not allow me to make these changes when my account is an admin account.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Quicky, until a smart member answers. Right click and you should see a run as administrator option. Might work, very new to this myself. You will get great answers here.
glennc

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118338-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I am a beginner and don't understand the logic of Windows Admin rights I am the adminstrator the system control confirms that Still I can not save a txt file under programs in that case under Thunderbird Mozilla Chrome WHY The problem exists even when I individually rightclick Admin rights on Admin rights quot c quot then quot programs quot then quot thunderbird quot then quot chrome quot and as for extended user rights including Writing for all these folders - something that should not be necessary for Administrators anyway Following the advic eof another user I went to START cmd and entered net user administrator active yes - so now I could Admin rights login as quot Administrator quot Again my own private account is already indicated as Administrator - but even if I want to login now with this new User what's the password for Administratr My main problem actually is Why do I get the message that I can not save IF Admin rights I am the Administrator Thanks

A:Admin rights

Because you do not have Administrative right until you ELEVATE (See the UAC dialog) until then you run with standard user privileges to prevent system files from being changed. If you want to run something with Administrative power, right-click it then "Run as Administrator"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171778-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My log-in was setup with Admin rights. But, in some circumstances I am asked for the Administrator and password...I thought Admin rights are universal if you setup your log-in as an Admin?
An example is: While installing VLC I am being asked for the Administrator password and when I type my password, along with the administrator username, the response is that I am not an admin?

A:Admin rights?

Welcome
Some software requires that you right click and run as administrator. This is due to the software and not Seven.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162446-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi DDS, RUN ADMIN NEED CANNOT RIGHTS there I have been having problems with getting around admin rights on my personal laptop I never set up a password for the account TsVk suggested I post the topic here since It wont allow me to install DSS and get the log in which he suggested in the post link below http www bleepingcomputer com forums CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS t i-cant-change-the-settings-in-the-user-account-for-admin p Thanks in advance Nannergto Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Administrator No Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User NANNERGTO Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Enabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end

A:CANNOT RUN DDS, NEED ADMIN RIGHTS

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/560235 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560235/cannot-run-dds-need-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

Looking to make changes to my host file. Windows saying I need admin rights to make the chnage. However the account I have has admin rights! I have checked in control pannel manage accounts.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Just a new laptop.

A:Admin rights in 8.1

Edit the HOSTS File in Windows 8

Editing a HOSTS File in Windows 8: Method #1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54992-admin-rights-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Running Windows XP SP2 on Compaq w/512 ram and combo CD/DVD drive. When I attempt to save a file to DVD, get msg "you do not have admin rights". Any help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.388234/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I upgraded this week from Win XP via new install formatted drive C to Win Home Premium currently app rights? need every admin does Why Build For years I have followed a method Why does every app need admin rights? of using the C partition for the system and D and E for my application data C and E are two partitions on hard disk a Samsung GB SATA drive D is on hard disk a WDC TB SATA drive All my basic applications Thunderbird eWallet Legacy Family Tree Picture Window Thumbs Plus et al read and write to my data on the E drive and were all running fine under Windows XP Now under Windows they either need administrator rights or XP compatibility in order to have write access to the files on E I have tried the following with properties on Drive E - made myself the owner my normal user account which has admin rights - given full access to myself and authenticated users in addition to System amp Admins - when that didn't help added Everyone and gave them full access to the E Drive and all sub folders and files I am the only person using this computer Then I right-clicked on Start Documents Properties and added the E drive to the library But in spite of all this when I run any of the above-named applications they have no write access to the files on Drive E Eg eWallet tells me it only has read access to my wallet file Legacy Family Tree thinks the data is on a read-only CD ROM Thunderbird spins forever trying to access my e-mail quot local folders quot on E etc If these apps are running in the context of my user account from where I start them shouldn't they have the same rights which my account has But only if I give an application Administrator rights or tell it to use XP compatibility will it work properly and have full write access to my data files on the E drive As I'd like to avoid this if possible this can't be the way it's supposed to work could someone please tell me how to set this up properly Thanks very much Bob

A:Why does every app need admin rights?

Welcome to the Microsoft Nanny state. It's called UAC(User Account Control), and it is a right PITA for a single-user home PC. If it's any consolation , it felt even worse in Vista.

What you can do.

Make sure you are an administrator with a strong password protected account. If you don't want to have to log on all the time, go here:

start button and type netplwiz and enter (alternatively - run, control userpasswords2) to bring up user accounts dialog box

uncheck the box: users must enter a user name and password...

On the advanced tab, make sure the ctrl alt delete etc box is clear.

OK and you will be asked to confirm your password 2x.

you will also want to check the screensaver password and resume after standby password check in the advanced power settings options is behaving as you wish.

In Control panel, user accounts, change user control settings, set the slider to 'never notify', or whatever you are most comfortable with.

You may also want to create an elevated privileges command prompt shortcut. On the desktop, right-click, new, shortcut, type cmd.exe, ok. Right click the icon and under the shortcut tab select advanced and check the 'run as administrator' box, ok. you may want to change the font, layout and color options to remind you that you have superior permissions in this command window. then copy this to the start menu.

make shortcuts for your legacy applications to run as administrator in the same way, and any that need compatibility for XP, too.

Then there are the folder options, but they are generally the same as in XP to customize.

With hindsight, you may regret having bought an upgrade - a full installation with a dual boot to XP may have been a more liveable solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153843-why-does-every-app-need-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone

I have 2 user in my system
one is my user and second is administrator ... so when i get full rights on my user through change permission flow then it shows me error.. how to resolve this

Exactly what were you attempting to do when this error occurred?
The hiberfil.sys file is locked for exclusive access so you will not be able to set any of it's security attributes. The error is telling you that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/359359-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've tried nearly everyway to get admin on my laptop but it's not working. please give me suggestions to get me out of this predicament.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.1161767/
Relevancy 59.77%

Is there any way to allow the "limited" account user to have certain rights, as updating, downloading, and loading programs? Right now to do any of those I need to get the admin to log on, and he's getting annoyed with the constant updates, so is there a way to grant certain rights to the limited user?

A:Some rights for the non-admin

What operating system do you have?

For example, if you have XP Pro, you can right click on My Computer / Manage / Local Users and Groups / Users
Select the user you want and change the group they are a member of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-rights-for-the-non-admin.401336/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a compaq laptop running XP SP2, two days ago all my destop and pull down shortcuts stopped working, I now have no administrative autority to open any programs, including internet. I have trend software(up to date). I do see a microoft update install but I am not sure if this is part of the problem. If I could install a past backup I am sure that would sovle the problem??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-help-no-admin-rights.612138/
Relevancy 59.77%

Can someone help me get back my admin rights.
I have just one user on my pc , its as a standard user.
Whenever I try to make a change I get a UAC notice telling me to
enter a password , but there is no place for a password nor do I have any
passwords on my pc.
I can't go add or change users or user right cause I just get that same message.
thanks

See if you can activate this administrator, if you can set up a new administrator account for yourself and delete the problem one.
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable[2]=User Accounts
You can also use the adminsitrator to go back to good times with system restore.
System Restore
See if you can get in with safe mode
Safe Mode
Maybe you can change the password
User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/136996-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi my cousin has only one user account in her system, when i tried to create another one it is telling that you do not have admini rights plese some body tell me hou to get admin rights

A:getting admin rights

WHen you run the add user script from control panel it should prompt you with a UAC Window.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289512/getting-admin-rights/
Relevancy 59.77%

My school has taken away are admin rights and we can't download .exe's. I thought maybe there was a way to convert a .exe to.zip. I searched around but all the program to download but I needed admin rights. Please tell me a way to download the .exe's or convert them to .zip's.

A:Admin rights and .exe

Pal sorry to say but there's a reason why these rights have been taken away form school. .exe files can cause all kinds of problems for the people trying to give you a decent education. The teachers and IT staff are only looking after yours and their own best interests.
Trying to circumnavigate their security is only going to break the rules that they have put in place to try and protect the systems that they have spent allot of time, money and resources on

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/127256-admin-rights-exe.html
Relevancy 59.77%

ok im getting sick of this I've got dozens of folders on my PC that i cant delete because apparently i need admin privileges even tho i am admin Even if i switch user to the dedicated hidden admin account it still tells me i dont have the rights to delete stuff from MY OWN COMPUTER It's utterly ridiculous Cant beleive i actually bought this joke of an OS I feel completely vindicated for pirating previous versions of windows and certainly wont rights.. admin be wasting money on future versions if this is the path they are going down Do i admin rights.. really need to install XP to be able to have a clean and tidy computer I can make a new folder and instantly i dont have the rights to delete it surely that cant be normal I really dont want to have to go back to XP but unless anyone knows a way to remove this stupid and completely unnecessary behaviour it seems like the only choice i have All i want is to have account my account from which i can do anything i like and yes i do understand the risks involved in that or if not and i do have to waste admin rights.. time switching to an admin account every time i want to delete uninstall something i at least want it to work from there which it currently does not I have the UAC set to the bottom but still it tries to babysit my every move So sick of it Linux is looking more attractive by the day

A:admin rights..

Something is wrong with your computer and probably installation of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/157299-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

so i was messing around with c drive security permissions and now i have totally messed my window c drive up side down so gone help are admin me! rights now i can not run cmd to gain access to admin admin rights are gone help me! again because i have to run it in admin mode which i can not since i messed up the permissions on c drive security owner thing i have no idea how to gain it back so please list some ideas that i can get the rights back and admin rights are gone help me! i repeat i can not run anything in admin mode or install because window has gone mad computer specs bg ram mb DVM gb hard drive window ultimate bit i have srsly messed my laptops c drive security owner permission aahhaha help me minutes ago - days left to answer Additional Details okay i done system restore no luck i have done safe mode no luck i try to run cmd into a admin no luck i try to run quot services msc quot no luck basically i gave all the quot rights quot to the computer if know what i mean meaning i don t controle the computer i just boot it n run programs i can not admin them or go and edit the c drive settings i can not go in to and make a new account or change account rights or anything i am paralyzed and my window wont give the rights back also i cant go regedit or services service manager event logger they are all locked im locked out of my own systhem like me locked out of my house and my house now has the keys i can t break the window n get it cuz its a computer z i need a new way to get in the owner editing c drive so i can make my self the owner also i cant make another user account or anything also quick thing i tryed doing cmd net user and i cant type password in meaning i cant type anything when it asks for password in cmd nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

Bun

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-rights.64936/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi
Can any1 let me know how do i change my desktop background, whenever i change it after restarting my laptop, it comes bak to my Office's background. Guess need to change some policy. Got Vista Enterprise 32bit OS.
Can any1 help me plss.
Thanks

A:How do i get Admin rights..??

Navigate to keys:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

if you find in these keys value NoSaveSettings remove them +restart

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197533-how-do-i-get-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Now this is really weird It was fine until yesterday evening when I found unable to access my encrypted files My heart almost stopped beating I have lots of precious data and now its all locked with a stupid key I don t Need gone! rights Admin help!! have backup of that certificate public key Then I viewed event viewer and founf event ID which means bad block on hard drive I tried running chkdsk from cmd but it won t run as processes were using the C Need help!! Admin rights gone! drive I scheduled it for next reboot But it didn t run on reboot Need help!! Admin rights gone! I tried all the methods including registry editing SFC scannow safe mode methods Nothing work I downloaded a disk checking utility from hitachi which needs to be written on disk I started Nero but it said that I didn t have admin rights Amazing isn t it No one else uses my computer I enabled default admin account and Nero gives same error I installed elcomsoft Need help!! Admin rights gone! EFS recovery to recover encrypted files but it also says that I need admin rights So I tried every thing on net to gain admin rights again I ve tried everything I ve downloaded half a dozen spyware scanners Scanned with them all Repaired everything Tried everything Nothing works Apparently it makes me conclude that the sector which stored sam files or which contained some system files which proved i am admin and gave me access to encrypted files has gone bad I require some help here Anyone Yeah one more thing I ve tried around - cds to get into recovery console to run chkdsk from there but none of the cds contain recovery console Some light on this would help too

A:Need help!! Admin rights gone!

Please help. I really need it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231078/need-help-admin-rights-gone/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi. In a corporate setting, I must sometime ask for admin access to change the smallest things. So sometimes they give me admin rights, and then take them away after I'm done. How can I keep them, without having to ask IT every time? Please leave legality and ethics alone, I'm only interested in the technical procedure. Thanks!

A:How to keep admin rights

Sorry bloke, we can't help you with that since it would contravene the rules under which we operate on this forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348458-how-keep-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

HI everyone ,
Just want to say i enabled the hidden administrator account in windows 7 from the command prompt and i was trying to install dreamscene, but still it gives me you have no admin rights...what to do?
ALso theres another problem....a software CVAVR...when iwas installing it , got 2 errors , one same as above , that i needed to run as administrator(which i did from administrator account and also by right click and run as admin, but to no avail...) and second it demands an ioport.sys file in windows system32 folder...both work perfectly fine on my friends pc..he has same windows 7 pro...and he even doesnt have the hidden admin account enabled...still they both work for him...Can any1 please hellp?? My friend doesnt know either how his got working and mine not...please sum1 help!

A:No admin rights

Have you tried right-clicking on the dreamscene executable, and select Run as administrator?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59083-no-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Everytime I try do delete or run a basic program I get a pop up that says I'm DO NOT have admin rights.

lol

this is MY laptop and I'm the only user on it..

It means your account is a user account. Safer for everyday use.

User Account Type[11]=User%20Accounts

Tutorial thanks to Brink.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287058-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I ve had some problems Admin rights with my admin rights lately but malwarebytes found nothing I used the online trend-micro scanner and it found something called joke agent but it wasnt able to delete it After playing around in hijackthis and smitfraudfix i havent been able to find anything Hoping somebody can help me out Here s my hijackthis and smitfraudfix logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Admin rights Intel Matrix Storage Manager Admin rights IAAnotif exe C Windows System hkcmd exe Admin rights C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item E amp ksporter til Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Oppslag - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http prerelease trendmicro-europe tive x win activex Backup hcImpl cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current swflash cab O - Service Intel R Matrix Storage Event Monitor IAANTMON - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe -- End of file - bytes Agent OMZ Fix Agent OMZ Fix Credits Malware Analysis amp Diagnostic Code S Ri Fix Fix Credits Malware Analysis amp Diagnostic Code S Ri RK DNS HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip BC A- - D - B - BE CEE E DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip BC A- - D - B - BE CEE E DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip BC A- - D - B - BE CEE E DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CCS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer HKLM SYSTEM CS Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer H... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights.829839/
Relevancy 59.77%

For some reason I get pop-up messages saying I require admin rights when I try to do something such as changing settings in msconfig or running a program as admin. The thing; I am an admin. There's only one account on the computer.

Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 7 keeps giving me messages that I am not an admin user, but I am!
Why?

I would suppose that would depend on when it is saying that? A user with admin rights is not the same as being logged in as administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40234-admin-rights.html