Windows Support Forum

Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore

Q: Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore

Hello I am running windows vista home addition and all of a sudden I have no rights to update my anti-virus uninstall install software or do a windows update it just says access denied or you do not have enough priviledges please contact your administrator I booted into anymore admin rights Administrator any not have account does Safe mode logged in with the admin account to take a look at my regular account and it does say that both accounts on the computer are administrator accounts so I am not sure why admin rights are not working I tried creating a new admin account and rebooted logged into the new admin account and the newly created admin account doesn't have any Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore rights either I am not sure what else I can try or even how this happened because I have had this computer for over months and have always had admin rights no one Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore else uses this computer so I know someone did not change these settings Any one have any other suggestions Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore Greatly appreiciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore

Welcome
Try the following
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full updated scan with malwarebytes.
If you are clean read these tutorials, for both Vista and Seven
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html

Finally, if everything checks out ok, if you can, go back to good times with System Restore.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/289762-administrator-account-does-not-have-any-admin-rights-anymore.html
Relevancy 29.24%

My Asus Q550LF crapped out on me. I was browsing when a whole bunch of black rectangles appeared on my screen, about an inch long. I restarted my computer thinking it just froze or something. I could occasionally get to the desktop page if I unplugged the charger but now it doesn't even turn on. It'll make one beep when I push the power button but that's it. What might the issue be and is it gonna be expensive? Because this computer has been one of the worst I have ever owned and I would just scrap it or something if it might end up being costly.

A:Laptop wont turn on anymore

How old is it? It sounds like it could be a multiple of hardware failures including the motherboard. The black rectangles sounds like what we call video card artifacting which means the video card is dying. But the fact that it is not even booting up could point to a failed hard drive. Again, it could be anything.

Asus is known for poor customer service but you could try giving them a call.

Do you know anyone who can do some diagnostics on it? I certainly would be checking out the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore.214221/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 29.24%

Corsair c black AMD FX- Sapphire GB Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD motherboard Coolermaster GX series RS w power supplyCorsair vengeance GB DDr blue Note that teh CPU and GPU are sold together and that the PSU and ram are sold together Total price new with shipping USD Future purchases include a XSPC RS kit for a CPU only loop Honestly im I little sad I cant get a modular PSU in a combo like that coolermaster Can anymore cut prices on this I build the ram psu together are if someone can find something better than that id be eternally grateful But yea im basically asking if anyone thinks they can do cheaper than that for the same specs FX and GB ddr IDC about the PSU as long as its at least w and as I said modular is fantastic also as sad as it sounds I want a black mobo-asthetics are fun to me Can I cut prices anymore on this build which is why im bothering with a loop later on Also just generally what do you guys think of that build id get gb but ram shot up in price for a reason unknown to me nbsp

A:Can I cut prices anymore on this build

If you're considering getting a WC loop with that 8350 then you might as well go for the 4670K + cheap air cooler for the same price (or lower).

I guess you could opt for a cheaper case to cut some of the budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-cut-prices-anymore-on-this-build.194697/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello all I have anymore External HDD not suddenly recognized a problem with my external HDD When I woke up External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore this morning windows update had installed some updates and automatically my laptop had restarted I tried to log in but it crashed immediately out of the blue I thought ok can happen so when it had restarted and after logging in I wanted to check on some things on my HDD But I got a message saying something like The USB device is not being recognized So I tried again a couple of times but I kept getting that message After trying to switch usb ports and plugging in and out several times I didn t even get that message anymore That was when I started to realise I had a serious problem here The HDD won t show in windows explorer won t show in device management and won t show in the BIOS It is nowhere to be found but the HDD itself is plugged in and working it seems I tried to recover data but all the software I found doesn t find the HDD either which makes sense considering the BIOS isn t even recognising it Is there anything I can do to try and recover my data Can my HDD be saved I don t know if I ve explained my situation clear enough should there be any questions please ask Thanks in advance Lukas nbsp

A:External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore

Tell us about your system and your hardware... brands, ages, connections, etc.

How is the HDD connected, and has it been reliable till now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-suddenly-not-recognized-anymore.177601/
Relevancy 27.95%

I just built my first PC last week and things have been fine for the most part A few little problems here and there though This might be a little long-winded but I would rather give as ASRock Extreme 3 BIOS can't Computer though. boots fine Gen -- 3 anymore. access many details as possible My problem started ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. with finally organizing my cables and peripherals I plugged in my external hard drives different Seagate drives into rear USB ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. connectors ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. and when I booted up my computer kept going straight to BIOS without me touching any buttons I would try to exit BIOS and start windows but I would keep looping back to BIOS everytime When I unplugged them before I booted up my pc would be fine I could also access the data on the drives when I plugged them in after the boot I posted somewhere else about my issues and someone recommended disabling my usb and usb legacy support They also recommended updating my BIOS if it wasn t up to date Sure enough I went into my BIOS and my version was newest version is While I was in BIOS I disabled my USB and USB legacy support Saved and exited and my computer booted up I downloaded the windows option for BIOS and tried to run it but I kept getting quot Error Firmware does not have flash AFUWINGUI support quot So one question would be is this error a big deal I m not going to try to install it from windows so I feel like it won t matter After doing a little research I now see many people recommending not to do a windows installation of BIOS I should be flashing it with a USB drive I downloaded the flash version and put it on a USB thumb drive in FAT format like ASRock suggested When I turned on my computer I attemped to enter the BIOS by tapping F Windows ended up starting without going to BIOS I tried this several times as well as F F F and DEL but nothing seemed to get me into my BIOS So this is where I stand now I can t access my BIOS and my PC automatically boots to Windows even with my USB stick in I have a feeling it has something to do with the USB Legacy Support I disabled but I also don t know how to enable it without going into my BIOS Core i - ASRock Extreme Gen Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR - Corsair Force Series GB quot SSD Sapphire Radeon HD GB Corsair Enthusiast Series TX V W Windows Ultimate SP Microsoft Sidewinder X keyboard Logitech Anywhere Wireless Mouse nbsp

A:ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though.

Is your keyboard USB or PS/2? Normally a USB keyboard will not work before booting until you've enabled it in BIOS already. So basically you need to use an older keyboard (or an adapter) the first time, and then enable USB in the BIOS to use your USB keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-3-gen-3-cant-access-bios-anymore-computer-boots-fine-though.176744/
Relevancy 29.24%

Like, a actual laptop with a rotating screen to push down. I mean, HP discontinued the touchsmart, and the closest thing I can find (in my price range) is the acer iconia W500, and thats not even the same. Does anyone make a laptop like this anymore?

A:Does anyone make tablet PCs anymore?

http://blog.laptopmag.com/top-5-tablets-to-buy-avoid

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-make-tablet-pcs-anymore.173073/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone. I know there's probably been posts similar to mine, but I have not learned all I wanted from previous posts. Recently, my hard drive gave out on my XP computer. The issue seems to be that it will not be read as a master drive, but will run fine as a slave on my other XP computer. That being said, I can view the general program files, ect. on the drive when viewed with Explorer in my Computer, but cannot access my pictures and music and such. As mentioned in similar post, the same amount of usage is being reported, but not all of that data is viewable or present. How can I access my pictures and music? (I understand from other posts that it might have something to do with it being password protected if my previous computer installation of XP was password protected?)

A:Unable to view administrator files on slave drive

User Permissions

Its more down to user permissions, you dont have permission to access it, Personally i would take the hard drive and slip it in a computer with windows 7, then reset the permissions to whicherever user i want ( this is done by right clicking the drive/folder and changeing under the permissions tab)

God luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-view-administrator-files-on-slave-drive.171696/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have WD My Book 1110 Media (1.5TB) which I purchased last year. It was working fine until yesterday but when I plugged it in my computer, it did not show up.

When I removed the USB cable manually, computer asked me to Format the Disk. I then plugged it in my Macbook Pro and it said "The device is not readable by this computer" although Disk Utilities is showing the HD but none of the options like Repair Disk, Verify Disk are available. Also on my PC it does not appear in the My Computer window but is showing up in the Disk Management section and it says "Unallocated Space"

Please help if possible.. There are some very valuable videos and photographs of my grandfather who passed away a few years ago..

A:WD HD not readable anymore

Are you willing to open the case of your WD? If so try connect it as a slave drive on another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hd-not-readable-anymore.169548/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there,

I have a Western Digital external hard drive that is not detected by Windows anymore. When I plug it in, the hard drive does not show up on "My Computer" but it does show up on Disk Management :

I have read on the internet that this issue is usually caused by a corrupted sector or the MBR that's corrupted.

I tried TestDiskt but unfortunately when it asks me to choose the hard drive i want to select, my external hard drive doesnt show up on the list.

The only hdd that i see on TestDisk is my internal hard drive.

Every software that i tried to recover data with can't detect my external hard drive, that is why I now ask for your help.

Is there anyway I can recover the data or, even better, get my hard drive to work again.

Thanks.

A:My external hard drive is not detected by Windows anymore

You should have a read through this guide thread, see if it helps:

What to do if your external hard drive does not show in my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-external-hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-windows-anymore.167143/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just reinstalled XP on my desktop on a fresh hard drive Was able to load disks of programs using the dvd drive then it just would not read anymore dvds The icon shows in My Computer and is listed in the RW DRU-840A not Sony anymore My will DVD read Device Manager The icon will change My Sony DVD RW DRU-840A will not read anymore to whatever is on the dvd I put in but then displays the message quot only part of a read process memory or write process memory request was completed quot I uninstalled the secondary ide controller amp rebooted and nothing changed I then uninstalled the device in the device manager rebooted and again nothing happened If I am not mistaken there are no drivers for this and so they would not need to be updated right What am I missing is something swithed off or hooked up wrong the hard drive is on the ide cable first then the dvd drive cause this is the only way both would work a computer dude did that I should have SP installed as well as whatever updates windows keeps sending me And if I got a sata dvd drive would this happen too cause i only have one place on the board to hook up a ide cable Thanks for helping nbsp

A:My Sony DVD RW DRU-840A will not read anymore

There will be generic drivers installed from your XP disc try this method to reinstall them.

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click System and Maintenance, and then click System,
On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
Restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.Click to expand...

If that makes no diference the chances are that the drive has failed. There are two lasers in the drive have you tried it with both DVD's and CD's, you might find it works with one and not the other.

Make sure you have the hard drive jumper set for Master and the DVD jumper set for Slave. It is, apparently, much better to have the Hard Drive on the end of the cable.

You should have no problems setting up a SATA DVD drive as long as you install the correct SATA drivers for your motherboard, they will be available from the manufacturers site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sony-dvd-rw-dru-840a-will-not-read-anymore.160528/
Relevancy 29.24%

Everything was all right then the autoplay does not work anymore... When I plug the iPod, there is an autorun but not with the CD/DVD. Its been about 1 year now that it does not work. Please help and sorry for my bad english!

A:Autoplay does not work anymore!

What OS do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/autoplay-does-not-work-anymore.149986/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok here we go, i got my laptop last year and i got a virus about 6 months ago. I had my laptop reset completely to factory settings. Before i got the virus and reset i could play: sims 3,democracy,fifa,call of duty, downloaded 3d games. Now i cant play any games hardly the screen goes black and it has an error on every single one then it says windows has stopped working

Info

Device:

name: SiS mirage 3 graphics
manufacturer: Silicon intergrated systems corp.
chip type: SiS672 series
DAC type: internal
Approx memory: 184mb
display mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60hz)
monitor: Generic Pnp monitor

Directx features:

directdraw: enabled
direct3d: enabled

Drivers:

Main driver: SISGRUMD.dll,SiSclone.dll,SiSfunc.dl
version: 8.14.0010.518 (english)
Date: 30/06/2010
WHQL logo'd: Yes
DDI version: 9Ex

please help me thanks i want to be able to play all the games i could before.

A:My laptop wont play games anymore

We need the model number and make of your laptop, as well as full system specs to help.
Although I can say right now, your integrated graphics sucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-games-anymore.155366/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have always liked playing the game Yahoo's text twist but for some reason the picture within the screen is to big for the box, ive tried adjusting the Java settings but this does not work it happens with other sites to with these boxes.
Could someone PLEASE help!

Thanks!

A:Can't see correct size anymore?

Has your screen resolution changed? It may just be smaller now and the game expects a larger screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-correct-size-anymore.154561/
Relevancy 28.38%

So here s the problem I m having My computer was working just fine a few months ago then I decided to move and put the computer into storage for a bit Well hooked it all back up and started it anymore drive not recgonizing hard SATA Computer up After starting it took a very long time to load and when it went to boot it tried booting from the CD-ROM and with no bootable media disk it wasn t able to load I made sure all the connections were still good and everything was clean and re-booted Same problem I then checked the BIOS and noticed that my hard drive was no longer recognized as a bootable drive My computer setup Gateway FX - E Intel I- Quad GHz g DDR RAM Seagate GB SATA HD Vista Home Premium I cant think of anything that could have happened to get rid of the HD as a bootable drive and any help to resolve this would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Computer not recgonizing SATA hard drive anymore

Whether it is related to being moved I don't know, but it could be the hard drive has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-recgonizing-sata-hard-drive-anymore.152083/
Relevancy 28.38%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 28.81%

It used to be so easy -- I d just put a cd in the tray and automatically get the response of a dialog box menu on the screen asking me what function I choose play CD watch a DVD movie etc Upon clicking quot play cd quot the doesn't drive DVD/CD work disc anymore music started to play -- never a problem Now it appears that DVD/CD disc drive doesn't work anymore the PC is not recognizing the disk drive even though the drive s info reads quot this device is working properly quot and the hardware wizard could not find a more up-to-date driver when it searched I had the PC amufacturer s tech in the phone for help this past Saturday He took remote control access to my computer and firstly removed filters he DVD/CD disc drive doesn't work anymore said were in the Registry CD still wouldn t play still not detected Next he uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Still nothing Well he determined that since it wasn t a problem with the sotware the disk drive itself must be broken so I need a hardware replacement Yike here I go with even more expense lol My question is how do I go about buying a disk drive from a store and have it installed the manufacturer no longer carries parts for my machine says it s too many years old five What detailed information should I give the store in order to get the correct conpatible device for my PC It ll probably be online shopping or telephone Oh I forgot to mention I am unable to take my machine somewhere to get this done The phone tech suggested having the Geek Squad from Best Buy come to my home to install for a fee This electronic parts repair replacement bit is all new to me making me very aggravated Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:DVD/CD disc drive doesn't work anymore

DVD/CD drives are usually good for 3-5 years. Some last less than while others will function longer. If you got 5+ years out of it you did well.

These drives are not all that expensive. Do you know someone with tech knowledge that could put one in for you. If they do it is not at all difficult to do and they would be able to size up your system.

Can you give us the make and model of your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-disc-drive-doesnt-work-anymore.148714/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 30.53%

trying to set up an xbox live connection through a laptop with a mobile broadband usb dongle. I've set up the connection no problem, now i just need to set the MTU settings.

I'm doing this through command prompt with the command "netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1364 store=persistent"

and it came back with the message "the requested operation requires elevation <run as administrator>"

this doesn't make sense as I am logged in with the ONLY user account, and i checked the account settings, and it is definitely the admin account (it would have to be, as it is the only account on the laptop)

i dont understand the problem

can anyone help?

thanks in advance for your time

A:Trying to set MTU settings - it says "run as administrator" - I AM administrator

I could be wrong, but do you not need to elevate to admin to do that command in cmd?

I didnt think it ran as admin all the time, but I'm more of a linux person...

This might be of help... http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/run-cmd-as-administrator

It looks like you could shortcut cmd.exe to the desktop and in properties select to run as administrator...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-set-mtu-settings-it-says-run-as-administrator-i-am-administrator.147664/
Relevancy 28.38%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello My brother (via internet Windows not anymore connecting wireless) Vista to in law was having some problems with his Vista Laptop in which it needed some routine maintenance which I had realised hadn t occured since he bought it some years ago Vista was going slow as usual and he Windows Vista not connecting to internet anymore (via wireless) said it was becoming a pain and he was going to buy a new one Anyways cutting a long story short I installed Ccleaner and cleaned up the computer took away some programs which he didn t need he kept having a norton thing Windows Vista not connecting to internet anymore (via wireless) which had expired and some other things on there The computer now is alot more responsive and boots up in a respectable for vista time and so he is happy HOWEVER Before my cleanup he had no real issues connecting to the internet just the usual ones with vista where you have to reset the router from time to time Now I try to connect wirelessly to his network and it seems to connect but only locally No amount of resetting the router and rebooting the computer will solve this issue It is strange because my XP laptop is connecting fine It must be a Vista problem that has caused the issue I think I may have changed some settings with my initial tinkering Anyone have any Ideas Dave nbsp

A:Windows Vista not connecting to internet anymore (via wireless)

Maybe it is time to upgrade to Windows 7. You will be very surprised at how much faster it is than Vista...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-not-connecting-to-internet-anymore-via-wireless.140218/
Relevancy 29.24%

How it happened Was online watching a clip using MS Windows media player latest version I was busy doing something else besides suddenly I saw an error message about something being corrupt in media player right corner below Next I saw was a serious blue screen not like a regular one where you know it will be solved with a detect bluescreen anymore hdd doesn't T43 After restart I restarted my T Thinkpad Next thing that happend BIOS didn t detect my hard drive anymore What I already tried - dismounted my hd IBM Hitachi P N A GB and After bluescreen T43 doesn't detect hdd anymore downloaded all my data using a USB hd-reader device attaching it to another notebook - gt So my hard disk both partitions was accessible without ANY problems - Attempted to reinstall Win XP with the CD but the setup can t find a harddisk - Used Ultimate BootDisk to run Diagnostics only to find out that the tool can t recognize any primary IDE adapter it does recognize the CD-R DVD drive Got also this once after a restart - BIOS error message failure fixed disk Any suggestions about that scenario - BIOS-virus or malware how to remove - Can t imagine that there is such a sudden hardware failure resulting in ide adapter issues it looks like a virus malware attack Your help would be greatly appreciated Thanx Andy nbsp

A:After bluescreen T43 doesn't detect hdd anymore

I had one of these come into my shop with a similar issue. Since the hard drive is not detected in bios, its not a software issue so it's not a virus. So lets take a deeper look. If its not detected in the bios that means its hardware and on a laptop only 4 peices of hardware would have this issue. Mobo, HD, Ram, or physical connection to the mobo. Since its not the HD then check out the ram, if it checks out either take the computer to a specialist in motherboards or look for a dissasembly guide and attempt to check the connections yourself. Take plenty of pictures of what you take apart and what it comes from so you can reassemble it with ease. You can also try jiggling the hard drive in place and seeing if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-bluescreen-t43-doesnt-detect-hdd-anymore.139503/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 26.23%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 29.24%

when i load divx movies, they load all the way and i can't play them. i press the button play, and the button changes to the pause so its supposed to be playing but it stays on the one frame. i can even navigate to different parts of the movie but it won't let me play anything. and in itunes also, i can't play any of my songs. and online quicktime audio as well. i'm assuming its a codec problem? but, for all of these problems, no error message appears. it just doesn't play. i have uninstalled and reinstalled k lite codec pack and divx bundle(including divx codecs). i run microsoft vista premium 64 bit. it runs a nvidia geforce go 6150. please help. thanks

A:My media won't play anymore

Is Vista upgraded to Service Pack 2?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-media-wont-play-anymore.130366/
Relevancy 29.24%

It has been 6 months since I got a Prestige 500GB Iomega External Desktop HardDrive which requires both a printer USB cable and a wall charger. One day it randomly stops working and doesn't show up on my computer.

The Hard Drive sounds right, but it is no where on the computer: not in device manager or disk management. I contacted Iomega, and they sent me another power supply which does not work either. Suggestions?

A:External HD does not show up anymore

When you say the drive sounds alright can you feel it starting up or hear it? There is a possibility the partition was damaged or deleted. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if the partition is damaged or the space is unallocated you may not see it under Disk Management. You can try putting in an OS Install disc and seeing if it shows the drive when trying to install. Then delete the partition and reformat (If you can handle losing the data) otherwise I recommend Active Recovery Partition Software.

This is their link http://www.partition-recovery.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hd-does-not-show-up-anymore.129627/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello. I need some good advice and tips on how to solve a serious problem that started today. I have two hard drives: master( where the OS is installed) and slave. I don't know how happened, my computer just ceased recognizing the slave hard drive. My master drive works well yet.
Each time I boot my pc, only the master drive appears as installed, and the slave doesn't.

A:My slave hard drive is not recognize by my computer anymore

I would check the BIOS and not even bother with the OS. Once it is recgnized in the BIOS you are good to go.. We need more information. Are they SATA or IDE. If IDE how do you have them hooked up? On one single IDE port with one cable or two separate ports.. We need more info in order to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-slave-hard-drive-is-not-recognize-by-my-computer-anymore.129985/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey, i have a really old Tiny desktop with windows 98, about 2 months ago i decided to reformat it, i did pretty well and the monitor was displaying fine, i then left it alone for about a month (exams), but now i have come back to finish reformatting it only to find the vdu won't display anymore when i plug the vga in, the light on the vdu turns amber but when i take it out or plug it into my laptop it turns green and displays. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:VDU wont display anymore

also iv noticed even when the power supply isn't in the desktop and it isn't switched on, when i plug in the vga the vdu goes to amber which i think means its on standby or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vdu-wont-display-anymore.129664/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi y all Help I need help Here s the thing I have a gb CORSAIR Flash Voyager and it was working just fine But suddenly it stopped working and if I plug it in any computer I can t open it to get the files or anything I ve been searching for a solution since the info in there is from work and I have no backups at all These are the quot symptoms quot - When I plug it in it will lit but no auto-run - If I check in My Computer there it is it says quot removable disk drive E quot Now the problem here is that it use to have a name CORSAIR but not anymore - If I try to open the drive it says that the drive is not formatted and if I want to format it which I don t just trying and still it won t let me - I tried running a virus scan and it says that the drive is clean - If I check properties it says that the drive has no space avaliable nor full and it also says RAW - If I check the system tray the USB icon work drive does not My anymore USB flsh is there - I know the info is still in the USB since I ve ran a data recovery program but most of the files are damaged I hope you can help me cause I ve really really need the info Cheers Jamuco nbsp

A:My USB flsh drive does not work anymore

Sounds like the flash drive is bad. Was it formatted in NTFS or FAT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-flsh-drive-does-not-work-anymore.129128/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello all I have an HP Pavilion dv or DV as HP refers it to and it won t turn on anymore My system has gigs of RAM and is an AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz I was originally using Windows Vista -bit Home Premium System Pack what it came with the system and I had upgraded to Vista -bit I am not sure if my problem was caused by my upgrade of Vista or my system being too warm as I have been using it a lot anymore, turn DV6810 laptop HP help on won't please and it has been HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help getting hot and making loud noises but after I upgraded to the -bit Windows HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help Vista Home Premium System Pack I was then going to the upgrade directly from the Windows to the Vista Ultimate which I had purchased earlier and not got around to update any of it with my schedule and after I HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help did this it asked for me to restart my computer and as soon as I did poof It shut off and won t turn back on I read up on this online I took out the battery and adapter completely and clicked on the quot on quot or power button for seconds then put the battery back in and plugged it to no avail I then took out the RAM cards a -gig one and a -gig one to try to reset it still nothing I called HP tech support and they told me to reset the harddrive and how to do it and still same thing Everything is completely blank and my computer and nothing on it turns on does anyone know what it can be I have an identical computer I am using but I need that one to work and this is driving me crazy HP wants me to send it back to them but is there anything I can do to possibly fix this myself Thanks again in advance and I appreciate all of your help regarding this matter thanks again and hopefully I can fix this nbsp

A:HP DV6810 laptop won't turn on anymore, please help

your power pack is probably burnt out. also this should be in the laptop forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv6810-laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore-please-help.127983/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I've got a major problem with my SATA II HDD. (Sorry if this topic has already been posted please link me to it). My computer's ben working normally for months, but this morning when I turned it on it didn't see my hard drive and asked me to insert a bootable media device or HDD and restart. I'm running Vista and have tried using the vista DVD start-up repair function but it doesnt work. I've got an ASUS P5N7A-VM motherboard and the hard drive is a 500 GB Seagate SATA II HDD. I've got a lot of imprtant files on that hard drive. What can i do?

A:500GB SATA II Hard Drive not Recognised at Boot Anymore

is it detected in the bios?
if not then try pluging the data lead into another port on the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500gb-sata-ii-hard-drive-not-recognised-at-boot-anymore.126053/
Relevancy 27.95%

I tried to partition my OCZ rally gb into a gb NFTS and a gb fat using Acronis show flash doesn't anymore drive Partitioning failed, up disk director It started off as a gb NFTS I don t have anything important on Partitioning flash drive failed, doesn't show up anymore it and I RARed all data to my computer prior so i m safe to format it before I tried to split a gb chunk off I got about through before I got an quot invalid format error quot as shown in my logs I retried a couple times then skiped hoping it would still work I got more errors and just canceled it after the first four Acronis showed it as two partitions Partitioning flash drive failed, doesn't show up anymore but the sizes were not as they should have been if the operation finished successfully HPUSB format utility showed the drive as a single full sized drive The original gb drive showed up but said bytes free bytes used and bytes total I did not check the contents but the custom icon was still there so I assume my data was fine I reemerged the partitions successfully and both Acronis and HPUSB format show it as a single gb drive with the correct amount of free space The only problem is I can not see it on my computer I rebooted and changed the name with acronis but it still doesn t show It shows up under device manager as a USB storage device I ve run the USB drive cleaner already still not showing up I can still boot off my flash drive though so I think it is still fine UPDATE Pluged the drive in to another computer shows up perfectly so I flip the removable media bit ocz rally gb and poof shows up again on my original computer as a local disk FIXED Thanks everyone for reading Partitioned with Acronis successfully this time nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partitioning-flash-drive-failed-doesnt-show-up-anymore.125959/
Relevancy 49.88%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 28.38%

Somewhere in the course of trying to rid my computer of parasites I must have done something wrong...I can no longer play video clips online. It just sits there. ?????

A:Video clips online won't play anymore...what did I delete?

Don't know what you deleted but you could try to reload your media player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-clips-online-wont-play-anymore-what-did-i-delete.21971/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 26.23%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a windows vista and just recently my computer has stopped being able to play any kind of cd that is inserted into the drive. It does not even show up when I click "My Computer." It does not load at all and does not show up on any application. What's wrong with my computer?!

A:My computer won't play CD's, DVD's, etc anymore

Have you tried using the Resource CD provided by your manufacturer to install a driver that allows you to run CDs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-play-cds-dvds-etc-anymore.117212/
Relevancy 28.81%

help me find where to find the installer of my video card driver here are some info bout my pc Computer Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC anymore not I When my is PC video working card my reformat Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack When I reformat my PC my video card is not working anymore TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name D C C B EC User Name Administrator Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU When I reformat my PC my video card is not working anymore Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name IBM AU Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i G System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Hynix HYMD A -H MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM STEC TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller MB D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Monitor LGIBM Super quot CRT Sound video and game controllers Audio Codecs Device Properties Driver Description Audio Codecs Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMACM Sound video and game controllers Legacy Audio Drivers Device Properties Driver Description Legacy Audio Drivers Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMDRV Sound video and game controllers Legacy Video Capture Devices Device Properties Driver Description Legacy Video Capture Devices Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMVCD Sound video and game controllers Media Control Devices Device Properties Driver Description Media Control Devices Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMMCI Sound video and game controllers Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device Device Properties Driver Description Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wdmaudio inf Hardware ID SW a c a b - af - d - ced- a bf Sound video and game controllers Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer Device Properties Driver Description Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wdmaudio inf Hardware ID SW b eafdc -a - d - d - aa e d Sound video and game controllers Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver Device Properties Driver Description Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wdmaudio inf Hardware ID SW cd de - e - d -b d- f Sound video and game controllers SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Device Properties Driver Description SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Analog Devices INF File oem inf Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Location Information PCI bus device function PCI Device Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- Device Resources IRQ Memory C -C FF Memory C C -C DFF Port C - FF Port C - CFF Sound video and game controllers Video Codecs Device Properties Driver Description Video Codecs Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMVID nbsp

A:When I reformat my PC my video card is not working anymore

Here are the drivers for your graphics card - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=865&DwnldID=9033&lang=eng

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-reformat-my-pc-my-video-card-is-not-working-anymore.115770/
Relevancy 29.24%

help please! my new kingmax flashdisk won't open anymore after being inserted at a certain school computer by accident, my flashidisk was working fine and suddenly after being inserted it won't open anymore even if i switch to another computer. this is the fifth time my usb has been destroyed in less than a year. any help will be appreciated. thanks.

A:My flash disk won't open anymore

Thread moved from Introduce yourself to Other Hardware forum

HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

If that doesn't work try this one:

Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool

Please note: These methods will remove all data on your Flash Drive

Recovery Software (if you want to try to recover anything from the drive)

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm
It is free for up to four folder down, ie
E:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

A lot free ones to choose from, h e r e

Please let me know of the outcome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-flash-disk-wont-open-anymore.115249/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 28.81%

I recently wipe out the entire hard drive and OS on my Dell Inspiron I was using XP media edition Had a friend sound No SVGA located, device anymore. No install XP professional Now i No sound device located, No SVGA anymore. don t have sound except for error No sound device located, No SVGA anymore. beeps my video display is choppy when dragging windows around no long have SVGA bit color only bit VGA Sound I have tried everything to update drivers from everywhere However the problem is that my computer doesn t recognize any sound device on the computer How do i get it to recognize this in my Device manager there is nothing that shows sound device There are seven yellow exclamation marks beside the following -Other Devices also has a yellow question mark before Base System Base System Base System Ethernet Controller PCI Device SM Bus Controller Video Controller VGA Compatible However the exclamation mark is on top of a yellow question mark too Is there that big of a difference between the XP Media and the XP Pro How can i fix any of this thanks nbsp

A:No sound device located, No SVGA anymore.

Several drivers are missing. When you download the drivers, before install, go to Device Manager and delete or disable the existing driver before installing the new one.

Then connect to Dell for a new scan, and let Dell decide if it can download helpful stuff.

I would pay particular attention to the Chipset... but install ALLl the drivers at the Dell support site for your Service Tag...

Then when you have done all you can, run Windows Update, as it will often find needed drivers.

Yes there is a big difference betweeen XP Media Center and XP Professional. Huge.
But on a Dell the drivers will only be different on a very few theing.s

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-device-located-no-svga-anymore.109790/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 31.82%

My company corporate office sent on Administrative Rights Laptop---help! Dell me a used Dell D this week I love the centrino techonlogy and it s much lighter and faster than my own personal HP Pavilion workhorse My problem is that the laptop is set up with user and administrator rights This stinks I can t download any applications Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help! update software even change the clock on the thing I wont have to return the laptop until I leave the job anyway so I want to be able to load Firefox Java GTA etc for when I travel with it Is Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help! there a way to crack the password and log on as an Administrator so I have permissions to change things and load programs or alternately can I dump the whole thing reload XP and start over I have the XP disk from my old HP I am not so good with computers but it would be a shame to travel for work as much as I do and be stuck in a hotel in Billings playing minesweeper nbsp

A:Administrative Rights on Dell Laptop---help!

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Well
this can be tricky but do-able.
Check This Link
or This Link

G'Luck & safe travel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrative-rights-on-dell-laptop-help.32092/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve only found one reference to my problem and that was on this site in the wrong forum I haven t found any answers though My IBM laptop has decided it doesn t want to boot anymore Instead I get an error message after it tests the memory and reports the KB s OK In testing the components from the dialog box that opens I get an quot DEV quot quot ERR quot quot FRU quot message when testing the systemboard and testing the memory causes the machine to freeze up boot anymore error, 127 won't IBM 600 Everything else tests OK The situation is the same regardless of whether I use the onboard battery or the AC adapter It s the same regardless of whether I use the HD or my emergency boot floppy I ve replaced the CMOS battery and reset the date and time The machine is identified as type - U serial number -KNR The platform once booted is Win SE The bios is IBET WW and the CPU is a Pentium II at mHz The motherboard is model number FC I m going to IBM 600 127 error, won't boot anymore keep poking at the problem but I d sure appreciate it if someone could give me a leg up on what to look for Thanks in advance nbsp

A:IBM 600 127 error, won't boot anymore

This is nearly always a sofware error, meaning requested procedure cannot be found or is caused by very big file tables The size of the data file is actually the main culprit.
But you can see it in a PC when the hard drive becomes defective, or memory goes awry.
This is a serious error requiring some real work. Test your memory and hard drive in an enclosure or another machine.
If the hard drive is older than two years, consider replacing the drive and rescuing the data from the old drive in a USB enclosure.
But since you have already tried everything, you can learn from the Thinkpad forums that old 600, 600E, (not so much 600X) boards fail, and give this error as they do... or the cpu fails... check the fan on your cpu to be sure it is able to cool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-600-127-error-wont-boot-anymore.104700/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just built a new computer about months Can't Boot anymore PC ago or so It has run fine up until this point It started with BSOD s but reinstalling windows fixed that and Can't Boot PC anymore I have had problems since This morning I turned on my computer and all it showed was a black screen no intiial beep before loading windows like it usually does I restart the computer and this time i get the beep but it just sits on the menu where it Can't Boot PC anymore shows the stats of my computer hardware also the menu where I enter bios It freezes at this point and theres nothing I can do I try entering bios nothing Restart computer exact same problem I gave it an hour or so and went back and now i m at the origional problem I turn it on and it just sits there without loading video without beeping and without the possibilty to get into bios It was running perfectly fine the night before I didnt install anything new or mess with any hardware Any ideas nbsp

A:Can't Boot PC anymore

seems I always seem to figure it out after posting here, and its always something stupid.

Somehow my USB external hard drive had fried either at that moment, or somehow magically last night. I tried to see if there was some sort of hardware problem and booted up the PC with just the PSU plugged in. I heard the beep. Excited i plugged in the monitor, windows was loading. after i plugged everything in I see the error "Windows was unable to recognize USB device" I restart my computer and it freezes on BIOS. Unplug the external HD, unfrozen. Going to leave the post up for anyone that just happens to come across a similar problem, but for me...issue solved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-boot-pc-anymore.105362/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Thanks,
G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-admin-tools-and-command-prompt-from-terminal-session.103873/
Relevancy 26.23%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all,

Ok, here goes:
We have an eMachines T2824 desktop, pretty much a run of the mill basic desktop. The other day, it just would not power up any more. I bought a new power supply ( a 580 watt upgrade from the stock 250w it came with), and still no luck. When the power is turned on, a green led on the motherboard near the power supply turns on and stays on until a few seconds after the power is turned off. When the power is on, NOTHING happens... no fans, no beep, no HD activation, nothing.

I removed the on/off swich from the front of the case and hooked up a mult meter/volt meter to it to see if that works. The meter showed that the switch would only stay on for a second, then nothing again. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Computer won't power up anymore...

Strip it down to to motherboard, 1 stick of ram and a hd, reset your cmos (move the jumpers for 30 seconds then put them back where they where.. if that dosent help i am sure there are about 30 posts in techspot archives that are similar to your prob.. sorry i cant be more specific!

good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-power-up-anymore.51019/
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings,

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

TY,

XaNaToS

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-eeprom-on-dell-inspiron-8100-admin-bios-pw.102977/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.
Ozmaia

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc8230-laptop-bios-admin-password.102649/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a 20? gateway 900G monitor. It was working fine for the 3 years I have had it. Then randomly today I restarted my computer and it wouldn?t work. I boot in safe mode and it works fine. Just when I get past the windows loading screen it then tells me that I have no signal. This happens in both XP and Vista. Linux runs fine still. The computer tells me it cannot find a monitor plugged in at all. The video card I have is a two DVI port X1650 pro. I used a DVI to VGA converter and connected a second VGA monitor to the second port and Windows boots just fine in that monitor but the other one once again went blank past the boot screen. I have no idea why my monitor won?t work. My computer is a 3.4 GHZ Pentium 4 with 3 gigs of ram.

A:Monitor wont work anymore aftor booting

Boot into the Safe Mode and select VGA mode... Restart the system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-work-anymore-aftor-booting.99794/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 29.24%

I was using a static ip address to configure certain ports for downloading when I was infected with the 1.reg virus. I finally got rid of the virus when I ran Combo Fix but now when I try to connect to the internet using the static ip I can't connect to my LAN using the wired ethernet connection or the wireless, I only get an unidentified network status that won't let me connect to the internet. Im back to using the automatic settings and they work fine. Can anyone tell me why cant I use a static ip anymore??? By the way I am using a Linksys WRT54G router if it helps.

A:Static Ip doesnt connect anymore.

Try these from a command prompt

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-ip-doesnt-connect-anymore.97373/
Relevancy 29.24%

After I decrypt a movie and then move it to shrink, it takes no time to anylyze movie but when it goes to encode it say 83 hours left until burn. I don't know what to do.

A:Can't decrypt movies anymore

Reinstall the programs involved in the process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-decrypt-movies-anymore.96313/
Relevancy 26.23%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-latitude-640m.89654/
Relevancy 26.23%

I couln,t find the 24C chip on the Dell XPS M1210 can someone help me so I can use the shorting Method. Help to locate the chip please or anybody knows the password for this laptop XPS M1210
Tag# 7X5GH1-595B

A:ADMIN PASSWORD on Dell XPS M1210

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86309.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-xps-m1210.90205/
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently bought a dell inspiron 6400 N series computer from a fellow soldier who left to return to the states. I was planning on using this computer for movie watching and to save pictures on to send to family. I went to turn it on one day after using it for a week and the computer started up to a screen that asked me for an administrator password. I did not receive this password or do not have knowledge of one that was saved. I cannot use this laptop and I was just starting to enjoy it! This was my way to have some down time away from this place. Can someone try and help me please? I tried to email rustam_ but got no reply. I tried to go to different websites but found no help. Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it.

A:Lost Admin Password in IRAQ help Dell6400 Inspiron

I'm assuming this is a windows password we're talking about here, and that you're running XP. If it is asking you for a BIOS password (black screen, white text), then you're probably screwed, unless there is a BIOS reset jumper within easy reach. If not, have fun opening the entire laptop to find it.

If it gets to windows and wants a password, try this:

grab either active password changer (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Active-Password-Changer.shtml)

or

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

Follow the instructions closely and there's a good chance one of the two will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-password-in-iraq-help-dell6400-inspiron.89021/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys,
today i bought a C600 laptop (second hand) and now i dont have the administrator password. On the system is "Win XP Professional", now I want to install my own. The win is secured by a password and @ bios you have to type a administrator password to change the boot device.
"This computer system, #26JT50J-595B", is protected by a password...blabla.."

I have already changed the primary password but i dont know how to get the admin pw.

Please help me! PS I already have read most of the Dell BIOS Password thread.

A:DELL C600 Administrator Password

Dell C600 Admin Password

Hi I had the same problem so I telphoned Dell Tech they said in order to delete the password I had to install an earlier bios and the reistall the updated bios they said this would delete any passwords.
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-c600-administrator-password.85082/
Relevancy 26.23%

I need help on my notebook. I have a latitude CPx latitude and i need the administrator password... i need change the boot secuence. Can someone please help me!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpx-latitude-and-i-need-the-administrator-password.84340/
Relevancy 28.81%

Sorry about my title

One morning I woke up and my wireless network wasn't there.
So I went to my router and the lights were all on, so I power cycled it.
The power light came on and went off and the Wan and 4 LAN lights stayed on.
(With no cables plugged in it still does that.)

:knock:
D-Link

I have a D-Link DI-624 (AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router)

Need more info? Just ask, I might be able to answer.

A:Help! My dlink router doesn't work anymore.

use a wired connection to verify the router is dead.
while in that mode, access the config page and verify the wifi settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-dlink-router-doesnt-work-anymore.82590/
Relevancy 29.24%

i have tried everything i could think of, i even tried what some people said. My computer was running fine, i shut it off and it never could reboot on again. It keeps rebooting and rebooting when trying to load xp.

When i go to the bios, it shows me the 2 sata hdd (only in raid). SO i gave up and decided to reformatt the hdd. After xp does the initial loading of drivers. It tells me that there are no hdd present.

My motherboard has the Sata connection on the board. So i do not need any third-party drivers. What is my problem? Did i miss any thing? Could a virus do this?

A:my sata hdd do not show up anymore

Hi

Kinda new to SATA, but dont you need to load drivers at the "F6 to load raid or SCSI drivers" part of XP install. I dont think its enough that the controller is onboard.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sata-hdd-do-not-show-up-anymore.82319/
Relevancy 26.23%

My dell d620 had its bios passwords set while I was away, either my daughter or my son are responsible, funny they both deny touching my laptop!
I bought it from ebay, and dell, well there are dell of course!

If you might be able to find some time to get my password please Thanx so much!

My service tag#6PPCPC1-595B
Express service code#14614931521

A:Dell D620 Admin/sys Password Help

Boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before the Windows screen appears. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, Administrator, and remove the passwords from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-admin-sys-password-help.80925/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Belkin Wireless Access Point connected to a router. Recently, i switched it off from the mains for a week and when i switched it back on, it wouldnt power up. Anyway i changed the power adapter and got it working. The wireless network was up and running again.

But the next day, the laptop wouldnt detect the access point anymore when it scans for AP's, even though the PC clearly detects it.

So why wont the laptop find the AP? It did work after the power problem so i doubt the APs damaged, and the laptop detects several others in my area.

Note: i have tried reinstalling drivers, updating firmware, and resetting the AP, but no luck

A:laptop wont detect access point anymore

Un-install your wireless network card through Device Manager, reboot and let Windows re-install it. Browse for wireless networks once re-installed.

Do you find it then? If not, let us know and we'll go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-detect-access-point-anymore.80422/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
Please I have problem on my Laptop,
Please Can you Help me out,Because i could see you have help a whole lot of people..

Service Tag #DM7GQ1J-595B

Thanks

Indubious

A:Administrator Password On Dell Latitude D510

Hi Indubious_ashie and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

have you read this thread here ? or been to my website, if not then do so and all the help you need is there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-password-on-dell-latitude-d510.80531/
Relevancy 29.67%

once I'have burnt a cd, but now I can only read the audio cd. I can't burn it or delete files of it. Now I want to put files on it (no audio files).

already ty

A:can't write a cd anymore

If the CD was finalized, then there is no more writing you can do to it. And by default I belive all Audio CD's are finalized so they can be played in a CD player.

You'll have to create a new CD with all the old files, as well as the new ones.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.
A message for all newcomers.
SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-write-a-cd-anymore.80252/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay so here s the story a friend came to me with an emachines T desktop which wouldn t power on anymore after a little diagnosis of the post New anymore won't motherboard, power supply and all peripherals I concluded that the motherboard was shot So I ordered a new Biostar P M from Newegg after installing the new mobo and hooking everything up it posted and booted just fine and I got into safe mode so I shut the system down and proceeded to connect the HDD Led New motherboard, won't post anymore and Power LED to the mobo and finish putting it back together Now all the sudden it won t post anymore Fans are spinning drives work but no keyboard lights and no video signal I ve tried swapping in a compatible CPU and PSU tried booting with just CPU Ram HD and still no post no beeps nadda Even tried clearing CMOS no luck Any ideas or did the motherboard just randomly fail Power was disconnected while I was messing with the LED connections so I know I didn t short anything nbsp

A:New motherboard, won't post anymore

so you didn't replace the power supply that caused the problems in the first place? Hmmm...... looks like you shot the new motherboard now too.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-wont-post-anymore.76926/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi Rustam

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop off a friend that was moving out of town it was a great deal after a couple of days later i lend it to my brother and he returned it with a message saying "This computer system #2ZJTN91-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password".

Service Tag: 2ZJTN91
Express Code: 6503176693

Can you help?
Thank you.
Ruben

A:Dell Inspiron 1300 admin password problem

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68412.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-admin-password-problem.74199/
Relevancy 23.22%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-canfigure-setup-password-in-bios-remouver.74308/
Relevancy 29.67%

I've been connected to a nearby wireless service for a while now. I still have excellent signal, and the connection is still "unsecured", but now for some reason I keep getting "Page can't be displayed". What happened?!?

Please advise! :dead:

~Cathii

A:Help! Can't get online anymore!

Maybe they've found a way to secure the connection (MAC filtering for example). You will not find any help here on how to circumvent their security & keep leeching.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cant-get-online-anymore.74154/
Relevancy 26.23%

I bought dell inspiron 6000 2 years ago, and I'm setup the admin bios password. Now i'm forgot the password is. Please show me how to reset the admin bios password.

Thanks all

A:Inspiron 6000 admin password

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-admin-password.72047/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi i have this Maxtor gb hard anymore. drive Second detected not Fireball HDD that i used for my ps i got it about days ago and it worked Second hard drive not detected anymore. fine with my computer and ps but after i deleted some games off of it and tried to connect it back to the computer to add another one it suddenly doesnt detect it anymore Usually i get this message when i boot it with the hard drive connected quot Disk Boot Failure Insert system disk amp press enter quot The BIOS screen doesnt detect it i checked in Device manager it s not there After i save and exit out of the BIOS Screen and it Second hard drive not detected anymore. reboots i get this message Primary Slave drive failed Press F to Continue F to enter setup I m pretty sure its got something to do with the hard drive but im not sure what because it Second hard drive not detected anymore. works whenever i hook it up to my ps The jumper setting says that if theres no pins connected that means it s a slave drive so i dont have any jumper pins in when i connect it to the computer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hard-drive-not-detected-anymore.71304/
Relevancy 26.23%

all,

I work in an office where the IT manager has limited restrictions on certain things where an error message comes up saying you need an administrator password to install certain programs such as spybot and spyware blaster. Also my msconfig access has been restricted but weirdly enough I have access to change the registry. Is there anyway, other than knowing the admins password to be able to run and install these programs and get my msconfig back without him knowing.

any help will be awesome

thanks in advance

A:Need help getting past administrator restrictions

Gaining unauthorised access to computer systems is most certainly against your company policy and I'm pretty sure it can be considered illegal too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-past-administrator-restrictions.70552/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m experiencing a USB device problem I have two USB thumb drives of different brands that used to drives read anymore don't thumb USB work Now if I plug them in either front-side or back-side ports the computer tones beeps to let USB thumb drives don't read anymore me know that it recognizes them but neither drives auto-open nor are accessible via My Computer I know for sure that the drives work as they can be opened explored and formatted on other computers The device manager shows the Host Controllers and Root Hubs as working properly I ve looked for driver updates uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers manually uninstalled and allowed Windows to reinstall automatically on reboot and I ve tried disabling the USB on BIOS and re-enabling it on reboot The Disk Manager shows the USB thumb drives I ve tried reformating them there but a prompt informs me that is not possible because quot the partition or volume is not enabled quot Assigning drive names seems to do no good and I can t disk-check for error either What bugs me is that the drives work on other computers I would think it s a virus of some sort though that is improbable as I did a full scan and clean a few days ago Ideas nbsp

A:USB thumb drives don't read anymore

We really need the brand and model of the computer or motherboard.
Setup error on your computer. You may have changed something accidentally while working elsewhere. If your USB ports work for printers, scanners, and other components, you need to do a reset somewhere. You have done everything correctly.
If you haven't done this, go to your BIOS at startup, and see if there is something disabled... There will likely be something on one of the BIOS screens that must be enabled.
Or go to the motherboard manufacturers web site, and scroll through the online manual for that motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-thumb-drives-dont-read-anymore.66208/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a dell inspiron 4000 and i have been using it for about a year but all of a sudden i turned it on one day and it asked for an administrator password...but i never set a password. Is there a secret for getting past this or do i have to reinstall windows or something? PLEASE HELP i need to use the computer!!!

A:Lost administrator password!!??

There is a way to fix this. If you look on the Microsoft Web Page you see that you have to make a CD which allows you to change the administrator password. Just follow the steps and you don't have to re-install Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-administrator-password.65546/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

Bun

A:Admin rights

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-rights.64936/
Relevancy 22.36%

Here is the found connect account Windows domain cannot (2003)...computer to not back story I am at a school with a NT domain server We bought a new SP server We have two IP ranges Our old configuration had static IP address with DNS servers located at the Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found district that was referenced in the TCP IP properties I set up the new server with roles It has an Active Directory It is a DHCP server I have machines The DHCP has a superscope with scopes within the superscope Each scope has a range of IP address and the exceptions for the server printers et cetera It also is a DNS server that quot listens to all IP addresses quot instead of listen to the quot following IP addresses quot However on the listen to the following IP addresses I put in it s own IP address The DNS server also has forwarders to the district DNS servers The last role is as a File Share I have connected about computers just fine Everything is working good however I am now getting sporadic computers that can t log on I get this message Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later Click to expand The computers are still on the server If I re-add the client machine to the domain everything is fine--for now This has been happening to xp machines It has happened times now and I am worried about a continual problem or a major problem around the corner Are there any ideas on what is causing this I have read up a little bit about SID problems but I am not that literate yet I am wondering if I set something up wrong failed to set something up or if there is an entirely different reason Could it be because the computers are still on the NT directory I have not taken off the NT active directory yet or added the NT server to the server I also have an independent server for the library and a server for a special ed room and program No one at the district can help I am out of ideas I am getting really worried that I did something wrong I can t fix I am not an expert I am in the very beginning stages of my MCSA training nbsp

A:Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found

I would look at the network before you look at the OS, when it happens see if you can ping the server by name and IP, also look in the event viewer of the machine and see if there is anything showing up in there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-connect-to-domain-2003-computer-account-not-found.63556/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have Altec Lansing speakers and the volume has decreased alot, i checked everything on volume controls. The speakers got low overnight i believe. I found out that it is the speakers, I've tried it on different systems, they are about 3 years old. What can I do?

A:Speakers dont go as loud anymore

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need to know if this is a speaker problem or a sound card problem.

Can you try your speakers on another system and see if you get the same results?

Failing that, try another set of speakers on your system and see what the results are.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-dont-go-as-loud-anymore.61292/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Hi

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

Regards

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d400-admin-password.59201/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

As the title says I have a gigabyte motherboard and have had it for about 1 years with all parts under year old and I used to be able to use my front USB ports but it doesnt work anymore. tried my digital camera & Flash drive and they all worked but not anymore? any ideas? I have tried pluging it so many times restarted and no luck. I also just wondered could it be software issue like windows playing games on me? by the way all those devices still work fine in the rear usb ports.

thanks in advance for your help.

Ron

A:Front USB worked but doesnt anymore

If nothing is happening, the usb cable may just have come unplugged. Open up your case and make sure it hasnt accidentally become dislodged.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-worked-but-doesnt-anymore.58458/
Relevancy 26.23%

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ 192.168.2.1 . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

A:Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or 192.168.2.3 vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-admin-page-on-belkin-router.55043/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've been able to retrieve and delete pics off my digi-cam until today for some reason. It's a Centrios DSC-4334 (Radio shack/ Source home brand). I never installed the software as XP was always able to get the pics after plugging the cam into the USB cable....today, it only shows on the task bar as a "USB mass storage device" but I no longer get the XP window with the picture options i.e: picture folder location, delete after retrieving and so forth. I looked around and was unable to find any place to check if this setting had been altered somehow. I changed nothing on my PC, settings or hardware. Any ideas beyond installing the software that came with the cam....I don't want to keep plopping things onto my HDD if I rarely use them. TIA

A:Can't retrieve pics from cam anymore !!

Try this repair tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-retrieve-pics-from-cam-anymore.54745/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I got a big problem About two weeks ago I plugged my formerly external HDD into my PC to get faster connection and to use it as a normal drive It worked just fine until days ago it suddenly wasn t recognised by WinXP anymore When I try to access it it s still shown but not under it s designated name Win tells me that it s not formatted and asks if I want HELP HDD not recognised ME anymore!!!! to do this now Well I ran several anti-virus programs deleted all spy- and adware run the manufaturers diagnostic tool it found some damaged sectors which could be repaired which didn t help one bit It s a WDC HDD GB and of course warranty expired about two months ago So please help me any serious suggestion will do I need the data on it especially the GB of personal photos of which I don t have a back-up So any suggestions how to get the files If I can save the drive that would be nice but the files are more important Thanks everyone darklord nbsp

A:HDD not recognised anymore!!!! HELP ME

have you tried to put it back into the external case?

maybe if its not past that point, but you may be able to use a recovery software to get those photos back..

its painfull i know.. loosing part of your history.. been there..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-not-recognised-anymore-help-me.53015/
Relevancy 49.45%

i need to get into the administrator account on this laptop.

i barely know any information about this computer.
i am on a limited account.

it is a dell inspiron 1100.
& i am using windows xp pro.

obviously, i need to get the password for the administrator account.

i would really apprececiate some help on this matter.
please & thanks.

A:I need into my administrator user account but don't have the password.

Ask the administrator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-into-my-administrator-user-account-but-dont-have-the-password.52618/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

My CPU heatsink fan doesn't automatically speed up like it used to when the CPU usage stays high for a long period of time.

The stupid decision from my side that I believe might have lead to this problem is this: I wanted to remove dust from the insides of my computer, and since I didn't have a can of air, I used a vaccum cleaner with a hose instead, to suck up all the dust. I put the hose near the heatsink fan blades, making the fan spin crazy fast in hope of getting out the dust.

Is this a unique case of sheer dusting foolishness? Or is this common, and therefore a solution readily available?

I didn't put my specs since I think they're not needed, but I can post them if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

A:CPU fan doesn't automatically speed up anymore.

Welcome to TechSpot

I thought it's recommended to prevent the fan from spinning when vacuuming, so that the high speed doesn't cause damage to the fan bearings.

Have you checked that the fan is still plugged in correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-doesnt-automatically-speed-up-anymore.52488/