Windows Support Forum

Lost internet connection but can access router

Q: Lost internet connection but can access router

Hi My Media Centre PC has stopped connecting but connection can Lost access internet router to the internet It connects wirelessly through the router but I cant download any content view webpages Router is a Linksys WAG GS with latest firmware The laptop Im using to right this post is connected wirelessly and has no connection issues The Media Centre Lost internet connection but can access router PC wireless link is supplied by an Edimax EW- Ug USB pen I have used the latest drivers from the website but this has changed nothing IP config settings are below Local area connection adapter is not in service and isn t meant to be This connection is generate by my pinnacle TV card which is not currently being used so you can ignore it Please advise Alex Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Edimax Pen Connection-specific DNS Suffix WAG GS IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Media Centre gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost internet connection but can access router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost internet connection but can access router

Are other machines able to connect to the internet via the router? If not, have you tried connecting the laptop directly to the modem, thereby bypassing the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection-but-can-access-router.114118/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have three computers connected to the internet through a router. Two are Ok but the Mac just cut out. I typed in http://192.168.0.1 thinking I could get reconnected some way but message unable to connect came up. Only two lights are on showing the other two computers connections on the router.
I am unfortunately computer illiterate and am lost. Any advise in simple language please.

A:Mac lost connection to router/internet

Not much info here. What OSs are involved? Wired or wireless?
You'd probably be better off asking a mod to move this to the networking or MAC forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-lost-connection-to-router-internet.917579/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a funny situation. My Verizon DSL connetion works perfectly with my D-Link router (DI-524) . But if I remove the router and connect the PC directly to the DSL modem I get no connection at all.
It used to work OK before I purchased the router. I just cannot remember what I did when I add the router in between.
Did the router secrectly send setup something on the modem?

A:Lost internet connection without router

If you didn't power cycle the modem when switching devices, that may be your only problem.

Check you router's WAN (Internet) settings to see if you need anything other than "dynamic" to connect to your DSL ISP (PPPoE?, static IP?, login/password?, etc.). If not "dynamic," obviously you need to configure your PC to connect directly. If it is "dynamic," make sure you are not using a static IP to connect to your router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-without-router.495819/
Relevancy 75.25%

so my friend brought his comp over and i was trying to make the files sharable so i could transfer stuff to his comp and didnt really know what i was doing and managed to disable the internet connection on one computer. My computer still has an connection to the internet and we are using the same router.

It stopped working after i tryed to setup a home or small office network thinking then we'd be able to share files. It still says its connected but has limited or no connectivity. I tryed using the repair feature but it can't renew the IP. Then i tryed a system restore but that did not work :(

is there anything else I could do to try and fix the connection ?

A:comp connected to router lost internet connection

Is the computer without internet connected through a wire or through wireless?

If wired, try unplugging the ethernet cable from the back of the computer, shut down the computer, and plug the ethernet cable back in while the computer is still turned off. Then, turn back on the computer, see if that works.

If not, try restarting the router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/comp-connected-to-router-lost-internet-connection-257442.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 2 routers, wireless (192.168.1.1) one that is connected to internet and a normal wired (192.168.3.1) one connected to local network.

When I have the wirless connected with the wired one unplugged, I can gain access to the internet.

The minute I plug in the wired one to access the local network, the wireless one still shows connected but the internet connection is lost ONLY on my PC. Other people connected to the wireless can still connect to the internet no problem.

I am running on Windows Vista Business 32bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Wireless internet connection is lost when I connect to a wired router

Any ideas? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-is-lost-when-i-connect-to-a-wired-router.670867/
Relevancy 73.1%

We've had no problems with our Internet before but yesterday I could only get local access connection. Neither my iPhone, laptop or home computer cud get any further than local connection on wireless.

I'v tried the classic turnin it off and on (the router) and I'v tried connection with a cable but still gettin the same connection level!
The router is a netgear if that means anything!
Everything is plugged so not sure what else to try! Any ideas?

A:Lost internet connection, only get local access

would you post the exact model of the netgear router - do you have a modem attached to it or does it plug into a phone line or to a cable supplied service ?

whats the status of all the lights on the front of the router

how are you posting here ?

have you contacted the ISP broadband supplier to make sure the service is still working to your home ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-only-get-local-access.1046697/
Relevancy 73.1%

Earlier today I attempted to change the setting on my Westell modem such that it would simply bridge the connection to my Linksys WRT GS router basically involving setting the router to bridge only and turning DHCP modem internet router setting Lost Solved: when bridge connection to to simply off Now I no longer get an internet connection through my router when previously the connection had worked perfectly fine before I following the steps of cloning the MAC address to the router and have done the proper resetting steps computer them router then modem but I simply can t get an internet connection through my router The process to set up simple bridging from the modem what supposed to end up with the internet light no longer turning on but the light turned back on following one of the Solved: Lost internet connection when setting modem to simply bridge to router resets Currently I can connect to the internet through the modem just fine but I get nothing when I Solved: Lost internet connection when setting modem to simply bridge to router include the router I m not sure if there are some other settings I m supposed to be changing as I can t seem to find anything past what I ve already done when researching online At this point I would just be happy reverting the settings I ve changed but I don t know how to access the modem now that DHCP is off Basically I d prefer to be able to get the router working with these new settings but if that proves too difficult as I ve heard it can be when trying to get Westell modems to work with Linksys routers I d like to learn how to access the modem and change the settings back to what they were preferably in as simple terms as possible as I don t particularly understand what a lot of these settings configurations do And a bit of an aside but I had attempted to do this modem bridging to quot fix quot perceived internet speed problems I ve been averaging around Kbps download rates ever since I ve had this internet connection from Verizon when the supposed download rates should be between MB and MB Doing this modem bridging had been reported to fix some modem router conflicts and improved connection speeds for some nbsp

A:Solved: Lost internet connection when setting modem to simply bridge to router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-internet-connection-when-setting-modem-to-simply-bridge-to-router.1010142/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a T eMachine Ghz Have router no Internet but connection to the Access GB RAM Microsoft Windows XP Home w SP I also have a Linksys WRT GS V Router and Linksys Wireless-G Model No WUSB G Adapter Both of these have worked just fine in the past however the adapter quit connecting Have connection to the router but no Internet Access to the internet several weeks Have connection to the router but no Internet Access ago and I just now got around to trying to figure out the problem I completely reset the router and reinstalled it It was working Have connection to the router but no Internet Access just fine on the computer to which it was attached The router the computer attached to it and a laptop in the same building were all working just fine I can t attach the eMachines to the router as it is a desktop and across the street I uninstalled the adapter attached to it and reinstalled it For a few hours last night it worked just fine but today when I tried I could not get an internet connection again I have worked on it all day long and things keep getting worse The Ipconfig works fine everything is working except no internet connection I disconnected the adapter from the eMachines and attached it to a Gateway Solo Laptop and the adapter works fine I also brought the HP Laptop from across the street here and it works fine too I have spent hours and hours on the phone with Linksys They say it is eMachines problem eMachines says it is a third party problem I resorted to trying to repair winsockxp That was a mistake I took the machine back to several restore points prior to repairing the winsockxp but now I get error such as I cannot now uninstall the Linksys software The install will begin and I get an error message that says quot An installation support file could not be installed The system cannot find the file specified quot No file is specified Can someone please help me I desperately need that wireless connection working but I have no idea what to do next nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-connection-to-the-router-but-no-internet-access.516996/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hope someone can help me because I have serious issues with my laptop It s a Lenovo T I m running on XP I ve tried to run logs per the instructions but the virus I have seems to be interfering I can not open any data files because it says quot user does not have access privileges quot - this goes for Word PDF JPeg basically Connection Access Internet - privileges, Lost Virus any file I have on my computer I can not open I can not even open in Safe Mode either The Virus also blocks my internet connection sometimes but sometimes will work I don t Virus - Lost Access privileges, Internet Connection get pop ups but I do get a misdirect if I click on something from Virus - Lost Access privileges, Internet Connection a google search I ve managed to put Defogger on my desk top but it won t run because I must be an Administrator to use it When I run DDS scr it looks like a foreign language Gmer will start to run but then it goes to a blue screen saying a problem was caused by file awaiifob sys and there is a page fault in wonpaged area I ve run Malware bytes and Superantivirus and sometimes it doesn t find anything and other times it finds things but they always come back Since I can t post a log right now about all I can tell you is that the Malware Bytes program found and supposedly quarantined a Trojan Agent file a Rootkit TDSS Gen file a Trojan FakAlert file a Trojan Fraudpack file a Rogue AntivirusSuite Gen file a Trojan Downloader file and a Hijack Tray file This thing seems to be blocking my access to everything I m hoping I can get some help even though I can t get a log posted Please help Thank you so much John

A:Virus - Lost Access privileges, Internet Connection

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320868/virus-lost-access-privileges-internet-connection/
Relevancy 72.24%

All of a sudden my Windows 7 (64) machine lost internet connectivity. Nothing new was installed; no changes were made. It just lost connection. My Vista machine still connects fine. I'm scratching my head over this one. I reset the router and tried Windows troubleshooting services to no avail.

A:Good wireless connection but lost internet access

Downloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: Flush DNSReport IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466327/good-wireless-connection-but-lost-internet-access/
Relevancy 72.24%

I had zero rootkit access on my machine which combofix removed. However after the removal i havent been able to pull an ip address wired or wireless. On bootup i get an error message that the tcpip transport is not installed. I also tried reinstalling tcpip by changing the nettcpip.inf so i could uninstall it and reinstall with no luck. I think i my still be infected somewhere so i need a little help from the pros. Attached is my hijack this log.

A:ZeroRootkit access removal lost internet connection

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 13:39:55, on 12/21/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\drivers\audio\r213367\stacsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostControlService.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostStorageService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\OA001Mon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect\TrGUI.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Philips\GoGear VIBE Device Manager\GoGear_Vibe_DeviceManager.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\ASF Agent\ASFAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = http://g.msn.com/USREL/1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: IEPlugin Class - {11222041-111B-46E3-BD29-EFB2449479B1} - C:\PROGRA~1\ArcSoft\MEDIAC~1\INTERN~1\ARCURL~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll (file missing)
O2 - B... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zerorootkit-access-removal-lost-internet-connection.1032292/
Relevancy 70.95%

I know this topic has been on here before but I can t find one specific to mine Here s what s going on I had my desktop amp wireless router all hooked up DSL internet and running fine in one room I moved the desktop to another room so i disconnected everything to move it and hooked it back up in the new room different phone jack When the wires are plugged in it registers on the modem and on the router that I have the internet connection The Desktop picks up the LAC but I m assuming its just picking up the router power and not the actual connection because it will not let me connect to the internet The laptop connects to the network router Internet access & on wireless connection but modem, no but not the internet I have the DSL line plugged into the modem a network cable running from that to the internet port on the router and another ethernet cable running from an ethernet port on the router to the network port on the pc sounds right right lol Here s the catch If I disconnect the router altogether and connect the network cable directly from the modem to the pc or laptop viola I can Internet connection on wireless router & modem, but no access access the internet As you can probably tell I ve done lots of trial amp error in this process I m thinking there s a setup or configuring thing I may be missing I guess my mind is thinking that something like that shouldn t have to be done considering it s all hardware that was connected and installed and configured before I m not an IT whiz though So have at it shoot some ideas my way because I m going nuts I wanna be able to sit in my recliner with the laptop again Thanks nbsp

A:Internet connection on wireless router & modem, but no access

Reset the wireless router back to factory default settings. Then reconfigure it back. I would backup your settings first though on the router. That feature is hidden in the tools tab on the router. Did you have the power go out or what happen prior to this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-on-wireless-router-modem-but-no-access.152164/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have desktop PCs one to from 1 connection Lost router PC running XP Pro SP this is the primary PC used to set up both the internet connection and the router the other PC is running Windows Until recently they were successfully connected over a gigabit Ethernet and sharing a DSL internet connection via a Netgear WNR T router I Lost connection to router from 1 PC tried to install a Netgear WGXB wireless range extender Lost connection to router from 1 PC kit which uses the domestic electric circuit via plug-in devices I tried to set up the WGXB components using a Windows Mobile device connected wirelessly to the WGX I was having problems with the set up and at this time the Windows PC lost the connection to the router I have now disconnected both the XE and the WGX and reset the router to the factory default settings The XP machine continues to work fine and a mobile device can connect successfully using wireless but the Windows PC will still not connect to the router However it will connect to the internet OK without the router if I use a cross-over cable direct to the DSL service This is current state on the Windows machine - The router shows a green light on the relevant port The light flickers when resetting the router or rebooting the PC The PC does not show as an attached device in the router admin page as seen from the XP machine The PC has not received a valid IP address in the x range from the router DHCP server The actual address is ipconfig describes the address as automatically configured It makes no difference if Norton Internet Security is turned on or off either just the firewall off or everything disabled The TCP IP settings all seem OK including the DHCP options Using a cross-over cable to connect directly to the DSL service the PC gets a valid IP address in the x range from the ISP s DHCP server and internet access works OK I have tried disabling re-enabling the router s DHCP server and disabling re-enabling the DHCP options in the TCP IP settings on the PC I have tried uninstall re-install TCP IP protocol on the PC I have tried resetting factory defaults on the router With the PC running while the router reboots ipconfig shows the IP address changing from to while the router is booting and then back to Anyone got any ideas because I ve tried everything I can think of nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

my computer has lost the connection to the wireless router. and it appers for good. its been 24 hours and it still has not found the router. could be a bad network card the router could be bad but how do you check without replaceing parts. I've done everything. unplugged the router and reset it. nothing. something wrong bewteen the router and the nework card adapter. theres is a 8foot thick wall bewteen rooms but it mostly hollow and holds a closest. its been working for about 2 years I think without problems.whats causeing this. Linyksy wireless G router and network card with speed boost.please help this is the longest its been down.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all Everything reconnect cannot lost router connection and was fine until last week when I sat down with my I-phone and noticed that it could not find my netgear router Model WNR B V so I sat down at my desktop hard wired through router to cable modem and tried to connect to the internet and got nothing I followed the sequence for shutting everything down including taking out the backup battery of the modem cycling the modem computer and router and turning everything back on still nothing I then simply unplugged the ethernet cable from the router to the computer and plugged it directly into the modem and eureka it worked I was able to access the net and email I again tried cycling everything with the router connection lost and cannot reconnect cable line to modem ethernet from modem to the input on the router and ethernet from router to computer and again nothing I then repeated this one last time with just the router plugged directly into the computer and but no connection to the cable modem I then did a few of the tests outlined on netgear s site and was able to identify using the run command that the IP address was On the troubleshooting router connection lost and cannot reconnect it says if this happens quot this indicates that your computer is not able to communicate with the router You should check your network configuration and router connection lost and cannot reconnect wireless settings in case of wireless adapter If you are unable to obtain an IP despite correct network configuration try to reset the router and try again I have reset the router but still nothing I also tried their steps of using the run command to update the firmware but I have not been successful at all The computer is about yrs old running XP SP and I also use the wireless connection from the router for a Dell laptop running the same configuration Can anyone help me to start to decipher what might be going on Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Chris nbsp

A:router connection lost and cannot reconnect

Reset the router to factory default settings, usually by pressing the recessed reset button for 10 to 20 seconds, and see if it works then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-connection-lost-and-cannot-reconnect.908452/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have lost my connection with my belkin router, i have restarted the modem and the router and it did nothing, i also reset the router back to the factory setting and can not access the router webpage. Can anyone help me please

Relevancy 61.49%

Last year my Linksys WRT 600 routerkept rebooting itself every 15 minutes or so without any help.
I searched online for replacement router.
Then I found aftermarket non linksys software and loaded it first onto my computer, thn with a direct connection, onto my router.
Here it is a year later and the WRT-600 is still running unhindered.

A:Linksys router lost connection repaired

kdmedic1745 said:

Last year my Linksys WRT 600 routerkept rebooting itself every 15 minutes or so without any help.
I searched online for replacement router.
Then I found aftermarket non linksys software and loaded it first onto my computer, thn with a direct connection, onto my router.
Here it is a year later and the WRT-600 is still running unhindered.Click to expand...

Yess, there are two know firmware replacements - - which one did you chose?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-lost-connection-repaired.175762/
Relevancy 61.06%

Last night i was changing some settings of my router(linksys WRT54G) trying to assign a gaming console a static ip. I thought i had succeeded and everything was working fine. 12 hours later, it appears everything can no longer connect. all the regular lights of the router are on, but my desktop pc and my wireless laptop seem unable to connect, though both connect if i remove the router, and just connect to the modem via ethernet. Anyone have any advice on where i should start? thank you in Advance.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Short story even shorter there was a semi-power outage this morning lights were very dim but power wasn Linksys - WRT54G ALL. via internet Solved: light access WLAN AT no off router router t totally off and when the power came back on my router stopped working Here s what I know -The WLAN LED is no longer lit so there s no wireless That orange CiscoSystems button is no longer glowing orange either if that means much -For some odd reason a Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL. wired connection through any of the ethernet ports on the router no longer works either though the LED s still light up when connected along with the internet LED -The modem works fine I m connected to the internet directly from the modem right now -I ve tried to reset the router but it doesn t seem to do anything -I ve tried to access the router config settings and the page doesn t load -I ve tried to look up the routers ip address through the command prompt but when I enter the command quot ipconfig quot when I m wired through the router I always get the response something along the lines of quot media disconnected quot When I try the command when connected directly to the modem the default gateway ip address comes up as This doesn t work either I ve been searching the web for solutions for hours and I can t find one This is actually the first time I ve ever had to post a thread asking for help and I ve experienced a slew of computer problems over the years lol It may very well be that the router is fried but I m just trying to exhaust my options I ll appreciate it to no end if someone can help me solve this problem in a way that doesn t require me to buy a new one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54g-router-wlan-light-off-no-internet-access-via-router-at-all.960352/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I m brand new here and I don t have tons of computer knowledge although I am learning I hope We bought a campground last year and were offering a wifi hot spot located near the camp office It was actually done by accident because we live in the same building and have our own home network secured the run i and can same router on unsecured internet router a an connection? of computers We have a Linksys WRT G router can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection? and a cable modem So the campers were hopping on our wireless I had some problems over the winter with someone using my credit card online I was advised to maybe try getting another router and a hub switch and basically to hook that hub switch to the cable modem and then hook both routers to that and to have one of the routers be secured WPA and the other unsecured for the campers to use as can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection? a wifi hotspot I also bought a Linksys range expander which I haven t set up yet If this configuration with routers on the same cable modem will work I will set up the range expander to the unsecured router I emailed linksys to ask them if this whole configuration was possible and the answer I received was basically not very straightforward but they made it sound like it couldn t be done So now I m asking you if it can be done the way I said or if there s another way I can offer an unsecured hot spot without compromising my own home network and security and without costing me a fortune Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:can i run a secured router and an unsecured router on the same internet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-a-secured-router-and-an-unsecured-router-on-the-same-internet-connection.561105/
Relevancy 60.2%

I was attempting to port foreward for my PS but was having no luck Long story short I tried changing internet access router settings after changing or Solved: Unable router's IP. to the Solved: Unable to access internet or router settings after changing router's IP. router s IP to see if it would work Here s where the problem began I changed it from to which I believe may have made it conflict with my modem Now I m stuck not being able to access the internet through the router at all or access the router s configuration to change it back When I try to access it I just get a quot Page not Found quot The computer connected directly to the router is running Windows XP The Router is a Linksys WRT GS v I ve tried disconnecting the internet from the Router to see if it would stop the conflicting problem if that is indeed the problem but it didn t work I ve tried setting up many different static IP adresses for the computer connected to the router directly but it didn t work I ve tried nearly everything but I just can t get it working I m posting this through a computer connected through a switch to my modem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to access internet or router settings after changing router's IP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-access-internet-or-router-settings-after-changing-routers-ip.887788/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

The title explains it pretty much...

But I have a Belkin N router, in the room above I have a desktop with a Belkin N stick.

I also have a 100mbps connection

The Windows Network and sharing centre says I have a 150.00 Mbps connection, signal stregnth low, status connected.

Any reason why the signal is low?

My download speed is very slow all of the time.
Any advice appreciated thanks

A:Solved: Low internet connection - N router + N dongle + 100mbps connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-low-internet-connection-n-router-n-dongle-100mbps-connection.891691/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 58.48%

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit on my laptop. I currently have Avast Internet Security installed and I have tried to uninstall the Avast software as I wish to change my antivirus software. I have tried uninstalling in safe mode using the Avast Clear utility. Unfortunately after using this utility the Avast program still remains on my hard drive in Program Files which I then have to delete manually. After doing so and restarting my computer I have no internet connection and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files. This is very frustrating and annoying and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to resolve this problem so that I can remove Avast without losing my internet connection.

A:Solved: Internet connection lost when avast internet security uninstalled

moved to networking forum

This is the program you are using
Avast
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe
correct

How to uninstall avast and also use the removal utility here
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=504

Have you also tried removing the program via control panel ?

and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files.Click to expand...

do you mean to just COPY or re-install ?

would you check the device manager and also provide an ipconfig /all when you have the problem
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-lost-when-avast-internet-security-uninstalled.1050440/
Relevancy 57.62%

This crops up now and then in my clients machine repairs. Usually a complete reformat and reinstall sorts it. This time no joy. Windows XP on client's Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
Procedure was files and settings transfer before reformat. After reinstallation of Win XP restored files and settings. LAN connection to internet ok. Wireless connection to router ok. No Internet via wireless connection. Help!
Thanks in anticipation
Les

A:No internet connection yet wireless connection ok to router

If the net is seen by the wireless then its usually the Password and/or WEP/WAP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-yet-wireless-connection-ok-to-router-373294.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Abruptly internet access disappeared. It's a router issue, none of the computers here can connect. Further, I can't access the router through a browser - 192.168.0.1 results in a "Firefox cannot connect" message. I've tried resetting the DNS to no avail. I'm typing via cell phone and it's annoying, but I'm willing to try about anything.

A:Local access only - router not allowing access to internet

Hi brhanse,

Can you give us the make and model of the router. Also, do each of the computers connect directly via a cable to the back of the router; (example, there are 4 ports on the back of the router and each port has it's own cable leading to each computer) or, does the router connect to a switch and the other computers connect to the router through the switch?

Has this suddenly happened or have their been intermittent issues with connectivity recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-access-only-router-not-allowing-access-to-internet-574753.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a wrt54gs linksys router that my ISP just set up for me. I have 2 wired computers connected to it, and one wireless one. Either only the wired or wireless computer(s) can work at once though. The power/internet lights seem to flash on it sometimes too. How can I fix this?

Also for now I would just like to connect my computer directly to the modem, but when I do so, and try to open Internet Explorer, it says detecting proxy settings and then says cannot find page. Is there any way I can do this myself without having to call my ISP? TIA

A:router/internet connection router

Hi,

Have you networked all the comps using the network connection wizard, and if you want to plug the modem straight to your comp switch the modem off for at least 30secs before doing so.

Regards, Ellgor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-internet-connection-router.73981/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi i need help,

i lost internet connection a few days back, i connect to my wireless through a rt73 usb wlan key, the strange thing is that i pick up the signal but it just stays in recognizing network + the options like network detection, shared files, share public access file are blocked .
ihave vista business installed and use kaspersky internet security 2009

if anyone can help please do so

A:Lost Internet Connection

Hi and welcome. I've split you off from the thread where you posted in Vista. You should always start your own thread for your particular problem.

Is this your network that you are trying to connect to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.722514/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi you all,
I've got the following problem. On a PC with wifi internet connection all internet acces is lost. When i perform an nslookup it resolves just fine but i can't open any webpages with a error subscription for a DNS failure.
I've tried to flush all DNS records, renew the ip settings (DHCP), setting the pc back with recovery to a date that i know the connection worked fine, but nothing seems to work.
the connection is working becouse i've just downloaded windows 10......
I hope someone can help me resolve this isseu

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/364819c9-6f2d-4d18-9e35-27d8adb558aa/lost-internet-connection?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.76%

Just set up a brand new Acer 5733.

I have had no problems until yesterday when I suddenly lost Internet connection on a wireless connection.

I have checked everything, even down to connecting up a spare router. Still no connection.

As last resort I connected the laptop directly into the router, but still no luck.

It is on a 12 month guarantee, but I am wondering is it just a simple thing.

Addendum: Since writing this, the internet has returned as fast as it went. My other PC did not go down, so it was not an broadband issue.

Relevancy 56.76%

my computer got infected yesterday with a few trojan viruses small J Agent AS Dyfica AA HT Log- connection! internet Lost i had one a month ago and you guys helped me get HT Log- Lost internet connection! rid of it so i m hoping you can help i ran ad aware and got rid of what i could then when i ran AVG it said that there aren t any viruses so i thought it was fixed but when i rebooted i found out that i ve completely lost my internet connection this happened the last time too what do i do to fix it thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C COMPAQ ACCESS ENCOMPASS MONITOR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGSERV EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPLPR EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPENH EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT CPQEAUI EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZIPCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS UPDATER EN-US MSNAPPAU EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NIKON NKVIEW NKVMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB RNATHCHK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT BTTNSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ ON-SCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C MY DOCUMENTS HIJACK THIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp query s amp i enu O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLL O - BHO Zedd Proj clsUnoOne - B B- FE- C D- F-BCA FC B - C WINDOWS SYSTEM AANTX DLL O - BHO ohb - D F F- AC - AB- B - C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINB S DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C PROGRAM FILES CANON EASY-WEBPRINT TOOLBAND DLL O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - Toolbar Begin Search com Bar - FE - C- EFB-BDD - BE D C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINB S DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe NORESTART O - HKLM Run Compaq Internet Setup C Compaq Internet InetWizard exe RUN O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC quot C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT Cpqeaui exe quot O - HKLM Run Adaptec DirectCD C PROGRA ZIPCD DIRECTCD EXE O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run msnappau quot c program files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot... Read more

A:HT Log- Lost internet connection!

istsvc.exe is an advertising program by Integrated Search Technologies. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.
Author: Integrated Search Technologies

Spyware: Yes
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: No
I reckon you should get rid of that both in the Hijack log and by deleting the whole directory then running a registry cleaner.
Get rid of 09 as well, there's a file missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ht-log-lost-internet-connection.280053/
Relevancy 56.76%

After "Cant access anti virus programs " yesterday was resolved , logged off. Today I connect to the internet and get the message for any page I try to open
"The page cannot be displayed" for ie and "connection was refused to whatever .com" using mozilla.
Sorry to annoy you again

Jamie

A:lost internet connection

Download WinsockFix and unzip it. Then double-click on it to run it.

No problem.......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/lost-internet-connection-25089.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been trying to deal with a comp that has recently lost internet connection IT is hard wired to the router but the other comps on the network internet connection log (lost HJT still have internet Its like someone turned it off on the comp itself It gets used by a couple different people a day RIght before it lost the connection it was getting a BUNCH of popups which leads me to believe it might be virus related anyway so here i am with a log thanks Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HJT log (lost internet connection HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system HJT log (lost internet connection WinSys exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft HJT log (lost internet connection Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE to GetRight Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run WinSys C WINDOWS system WinSys exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup E... Read more

A:HJT log (lost internet connection

did i not follow directions for posting? id really appreciate it if i could be pointed in the right direction of getting this fixed! thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-lost-internet-connection-299899.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there.
I've done something seriously wrong!
I have a broadand modem which is constantly connected. Whenever i log on to the computer i don;t have to connect to anything, just double click on internet explorer icon and away i go. If i want aol email i just double click on AOL, it connects after i have typed in user name etc....away i go

Today i got infected by derbiz or something. I removed the dialer and deleted everything. I went to:

Start/All Connections and i saw derbiz ISP there so i deleted it

WRONG MOVE

i can connect to aol fine, but now when i click on ie, i get a dial-up box saying to conect to AOL, which doesn;t work.

What have i done, how can i fix it, and would system restore work at all?>

David

Relevancy 56.76%

I was browsing one afternoon and suddently I was cut off from the internet world. I just cannot browse any longer. Everytime I go to the Internet, I get an error message - no connection to the server. I checked with the Provider and they say there is nothing wrong with my connection. Yes, I have checked that myself and there is nothing wrong with my connection. I thought maybe its the work of some worm - I did a thorough cleaning and found nothing suspicious.

The Provider even advised that I restore to a good day when I had no problem - May 01 I suggested. And, that was what I did - nothing work!

Can someone help me out. Many thanks

A:Lost internet connection

ooooooooooooooooo i like yer avater

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection.51180/
Relevancy 56.76%

Cannot log onto internet with wireless router. Plugged it in manually, still can't connect:. Have tried a couple of things (hopefully didn't make matters worse). HELP!

Relevancy 56.76%

For the past couple of weeks my internet connection has been failing 5 or 6 times a day. My ISP has been working to try to solve this problem but all their tweaking hasn't helped much. I have now noticed that the connection gets cut off when I click on a link to open a site in IE 8. I'm not that fast on the mouse or keyboard but the faster I click a link the more likely I seem to lose the connection. I really cannot see that this could be the cause but I have installed Chrome today and haven't yet lost the connection. Any one with a view on this I would be pleased to hear from!
Edit:
I should have said that I use a Billion ADSL+2 router

A:Internet connection lost when using IE 8

You could try reseting the settings using Microsoft 'Fix it'

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112577-internet-connection-lost-when-using-ie-8-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A few days ago Comodo antivirus detected some Trojan and I deleted it I don't remember the name of the trojan but since then I can not connect to the internet I have followed your instructions and I'd be greatfull if I could get help in Internet lost connection how to sort this problem out DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Miguelukas at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV COMODO Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW COMODO Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Real Update OB realsched exe C Archivos de programa Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Archivos de programa COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Archivos de programa COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C Archivos de programa Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Archivos de programa Internet connection lost TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system wbem Internet connection lost wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Miguelukas Escritorio dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c archivos de programa archivos comunes adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c archivos de programa bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c archivos de programa java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c archivos de programa java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c archivos de programa java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ISUSPM quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler Internet connection lost mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c archivos de programa adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun TkBellExe quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun SoundMAXPnP c archivos de programa analog devices soundmax SMax PNP exe mRun SoundMAX c archivos de programa analog devices soundmax Smax exe tray mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c archivos de programa comodo comodo internet security cfp exe quot -h mRun QuickTime Task quot c archivos de programa quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c archivos de programa java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun THotkey c archivos de programa toshiba toshiba applet thotkey exe mRun Tvs c program files toshiba tvs TvsTray exe mRun BlackBerryAutoUpdate c archivos de programa archivos comunes research in motion auto update RIMAutoUpdate exe background mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun RoxWatchTray quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes roxio shared sharedcom RoxWatchTray exe quot dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse menini progra inicio ramasst lnk - c windows system RAMASST exe IE amp D amp escargue amp con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddLink htm IE amp D amp escargue todo con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm IE amp D amp escargue todos los v deos con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddVideo htm I... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Internet connection is lost when idle. I have Vista and no router but have dsl. I have replaced the power supply and eathernet card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connection-350908.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I don't know if this is supposed to be malware related, but I'd like to check anyway. In fact, today I've got disconnected from the internet two times, once it said to restart the router, so I did, and got the connection back. Next time I've got an error message DNS server isn't responding and I'd like to fix the error so I don't lose it again.

FRST.txt   18.05KB
  17 downloads

Greetings santare and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please rerun FRST and make sure Addition.txt is checked. Run FRST at the end. Copy and paste both logs in your reply.In addition, please do this.===================================================AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware-------------------Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browserDouble click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appearsClick ScanOnce the scan has completed you will see Pending. Please check elements you don't want to remove above the progress barClick on CleaningConfirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OKYour computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restartCopy and paste the contents in your reply===================================================RogueKiller by Tigzy--------------------Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktopClose all running programsRight click on the icon and select Run as AdministratorFor Windows XP simply double click on the iconIf you receive a warning you are running a 32 bit version, ignore the warning and click Yes to continue anywarThe program will conduct a prescan and when finished you wlll see Prescan Finished. Please hit the scan buttonClick ScanIf, durin... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615265/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I run Vista Home Premium HP a n and I am having trouble with losing internet connection Use to be worse but got updated modem from A T amp T Was - times a day now sometimes times a day Doesn't happen when I am working happens when I come back to the computer after being gone for a while A T amp T says it's not them it is my computer Event Viewer isn't Internet lost connection helpful or I don't know what to look for I am almost ready to go to Internet connection lost the Geeks at Best Buy Internet connection lost but wanted to give you people a shot I run the following programs for computer upkeep Advanced System Care CCCleaner cleaner and registry cleaner Threatfire once a week Easy Cleaner Toni Arts Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Spybot Search and Destroy AVG Free run every nite and have found no significant problems Have all the Windows updates Have had A T amp T for about Internet connection lost years and the problem is ongoing since then The new problem is having trouble with restart Going to Start and then using the restart from there hangs until I have to turn off the tower yeah I know bad thing This is recent maybe the last two weeks Sometimes works sometimes doesn't Downloaded Google Desktop and they wanted to restart the computer and there was no problem with that All help appreciated and if you need more info pls let me know TIA Brenda

A:Internet connection lost

After a week of repeated network drops, I found the following from MS:
" Vista 64 and routers
To resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista. To do this, follow these steps: Click Start, type regedit.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID} [this is the first numeric string startins with {90...

Right click on DhcpConnEnableBcastFlag, Modify, and set the value to 0 (numeric zero). I then rebooted.

I have not had a drop in 24 hours. Hope it continues. Found this at: support.microsoft.com/kb/928233 "This issue occurs because of a difference in design between Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Specifically, in Windows XP SP2, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is set to 0 (disabled). In Windows Vista, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is not disabled. Therefore, some routers and some non-Microsoft DHCP servers cannot process the DHCP discovery packets."

OOPS... Did have one drop after the computer 'woke' up from a long winter's nap...several hours. The connection dropped. That might be yet another Vista issue -

"VISTA Sleep and Domain Network Drop Out problems". I am told there will be a fix in a coming service pack. The mouse is affected also. Fix or work around. We'll see...

My System Specs
You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ...

OS Vista x64

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212690-internet-connection-lost.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am currently having a problem where I am losing my connection when idle. I am running Windows XP service pack 3. It just started thursday night. It says I am connected but when I try to load a page or anything it wont connect. I am running cable internet. The modem for the cable says everything is fine. My coonection on Pc says its connected. I am running a wireless router as well. I am currently running a Belkin wireless router I have tried two different routers same problem. I am able to connect wirelessly to the router. Just my wired PC wont connect. The only way to fix it i I have to restart the computer. I have AVG full anti-virus and firewall. That shows nothing neither does spybot or malware bytes. Have not installed any new programs for the conflict. Even tried a system restore and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216690/internet-connection-lost/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have windows 7. A dynalink rta1025 v2 modem and the modem is plugged into a netcomm np204 thing in the wall. Yesterday my connection randomly dropped out and has not come back. I've tried restarting both the modem and the wall socket thing. I have online study to complete and need my Internet ASAP! I'm not very good with these things and any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 56.76%

I Have A Compaq 7550 Computer With Windows Xp. My Computer Is Verrrryyyy
Slow. I Tried To Install Mcaffie Antivirus, And Firewall And It Got To A Certain Point And Said There Was No Internet. I Called My Local Cable Company And They Referred Me To Microsoft Who Referred Me To Compaq
Who Charges For Any Question I Ask. My Computer Is About 5 Years Old. Any Suggestions?? Just To Let You Know, When I Was Trying To Install The Program It Said It Was Checking For Viruses First. It Took Over 3 Hours For It To Come Back And Say That It Was Ready To Install But There Was No Internet.

how are you connected to the interent ???
please provide as much detail as possible

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.569744/
Relevancy 56.76%

My operating system is Windows XP pro connected to a Linksys WET N bridge Bridge is connected to Comcast wireless router The issue is that computer seems to continuously lose connection because the MS Outlook keeps coming up amp quot lost connection amp quot then restores connection to server hosted by Microsoft The other issue is that I can access certain websites but not others I can ping the websites that I can t access through browsers I have another computer that is wireless connected to router with no issues as above So I don t believe it is an ISP issue or router issue I can see the problem computer on the router connected through the bridge I have Norton connection, lost Internet, utility on the computer and disabled the firewall and still same issues I ve set sites as safe sites etc and still same issues Below Internet, connection, lost is Internet, connection, lost info on system Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GT-UD H Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings mdrury gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bigdaddy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - -CF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January P M Lease Expires Saturday January P M C Documents and Settings mdrury gt I appreciate anyone s help in resolving my issues thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Well here is my question My computer will not recognize that it is connected to the internet Usually there is a light in the back of the computer where the ethernet cable plugs into the jack that lights up when it is connected It is no longer lighted up What happened is that when i turned on my computer yesterday Please HELP ME! connection internet Lost it came up with an error message one of the ones that says what the error is and you can choose if you want to send the error report to microsoft or not send it Anyway unfortunatly i Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection was not using my brain and i did not record the error message I get these a lot of the time when a program freezes Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection or something so i usually do not pay them a lot of mind I guess this time it was a wrong move because i do remember it saying something about quot TCP IP quot and when i clicked it closed the computer was not recognizing the internet connection Because I remember seeing the TCP IP in the error message im pretty sure that error had something to do with why its not working anymore Anyway I have tried everything its not the modem its not the netword card driver its not roadrunner isp and its not the cable cord or the network card cause i even when out and bought a new network card just to try it out but that didnt work either So to end this super long question are there any other suggestion as to what i can try I was thinking i might just have to rebuild but i really dont want to do that someone suggested i try a repair disk but i dont have one and someone else suggested installing the isp software again Or is there any way that I can retrieve the error message that was sent to me like is there a log where these are stored that might help anyway sorry this was so long but if you can offer any suggestions i would be grateful thanks Lily nbsp

A:Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection

If there is a reset button on the router/modem try it. If not unplug it for a minute and reset it that way. And if youpost your computer specs it might help - I take it your not using XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-lost-internet-connection.360998/
Relevancy 56.76%

Every time I leave my computer for a period of time. Or put it in the stand by mode. When I come back I have no internet connection. I have to restart my computer. Then everything works fine. I have a cable connection. Windows XP pro. No spyware, malware, virus. Just checked all of that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
danz

A:internet lost connection

Check this setting.
Start> Run> type devmgmt.msc then hit OK.
Click the + beside Network adapters and right click on your adapter and select
Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the box:
Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-lost-connection.595149/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys My desktop computer was fine until about a week ago I noticed that Firefox started really bogging down on websites that I frequent daily I usually cruise around them very quickly It got to the point where I had to try IE That seemed to work fine my Lost Internet Connection??? Mind you that I only had one webpage open with Firefox and tabs within it So fine now I'm using IE a browser I Lost my Internet Connection??? can't stand and then yesterday my Lost my Internet Connection??? entire internet connection stopped functioning it does show that the signal strength is excellent but it is not connected When I try to diagnose the problem it says quot Cannot diagnose the problem quot The router and modem are functioning because I have a laptop that connects to Lost my Internet Connection??? my network connection every time I can't get Norton Antivirus to scan the PC because it wants to do an update before it will scan I ran rkill exe and then malware bytes That found a few things but still no Internet connection I also ran Spybot Search amp Destroy Found some things but still no connection This is an I Asus P T Deluxe V with the I - cpu gb memory and Windows Pro -bit I'm not sure what the problem is but I feel like it's a virus because I sense it is slowly taking over processes as a virus would do Maybe a root-kit I don't know I do know I couldn't run combofix yet because I am running the -bit version of Windows Any ideas Thanks

A:Lost my Internet Connection???

Hello, please open a command prompt (Start->Run->CMD) and type "ipconfig /all" and show us the results please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92315-lost-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I puzzled this afternoon with making a new disk partition, and during this I booted up on a Partedmagic Linux CD.

However, when I booted up the machine normally via my harddisk, everything seemed normal, but no internet connection. I tried to repair via W7's build in help, but to no avail.

I then tested the network by plugging in a XP-box on the same ethernet cable (works fine), I re-booted the router and restarted my W7-box. But no internet!

Does the above ring a bell for anyone? I seem to be unable to get the connection back, and I simply don't know what to do to achieve this.

A:W7 lost internet connection

Can we get the specifications for your pc?

Hopefully it will be as simple as reinstalling your ethernet drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118569-w7-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

We have computers - mine with Windows and my wife s with Windows XP Both have paid subscriptions to Avast antivirus plus the freeware - Spybot S amp D and Sophos to clean up the browser cache and eliminate Lost Connection Internet what Avast misses Yesterday my wife recieved an Avast error message saying quot There are no more endpoints available quot It would not scan anymore so I called Avast for help They said this was due to a conflict with Spybot S amp D but they could fix the problem with Avast by uninstalling Spybot S amp D - and charging me for quot maintenance quot on their Avast software I declined this offer and uninstalled Avast on her computer only since it was no longer working Immediately after uninstalling Avast using Revo Uninstaller she lost internet connection I still have it on my computer I tried doing a reboot then tried a system restore - but she still had no internet connection Next I ran Spybot S amp D and Sophos to Internet Connection Lost check for viruses - there were none Since Spybot S amp D had supposedly caused the conflict with Avast I uninstalled that too Finally I called the ISP who had me check the Network icon in Control Panel - which shows that she is connected with data going in and out and no yellow flags yet for some reason we cannot connect to the internet using either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome They suggested I reboot the router we are hardwired in by cable - not wifi but that had no effect P S - I am not a computer wizard so please keep replies simple Any ideas nbsp

A:Internet Connection Lost

If that Teatimer thing (one of the Spybot Search and Destroy programs) is still running uninstall it also.

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost.1151458/
Relevancy 56.76%

Lost Internet connection- Diagnostics state quot has detected a problwm with the Winsock provider catalog quot FSS scan results any help appreciated- thanks Farbar Service Scanner Ran by Hank administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start Lost Pro connection -XP Internet type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache Lost Internet connection -XP Pro service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Tcpip Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Tcpip service is OK The ImagePath Lost Internet connection -XP Pro of Tcpip service is OK IpSec Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of IpSec service is OK The ImagePath of IpSec service is OK Connection Status Localhost is blocked There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo Lost Internet connection -XP Pro IP returend error Other errors Windows Firewall sharedaccess Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of sharedaccess service is OK The ImagePath of sharedaccess service is OK The ServiceDll of sharedaccess service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile quot EnableFirewall quot DWORD System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center Windows Update File Check C WINDOWS system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers netbt sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit Attention C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys is missing C WINDOWS system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system netman dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system srsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers sr sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wuauserv dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system es dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system svchost exe gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system rpcss dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system services exe gt MD is legit Extra List Gpc IPSec NetBT PSched Tcpip x IpSec Tag value is correct End of log

A:Lost Internet connection -XP Pro

Launch the Farbar scanner again and typeipsec.sys in the BOXClick on search filesPost the generated log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435590/lost-internet-connection-xp-pro/
Relevancy 56.76%

Within these few day, my computer kept losing connection to the internet. I was able to be online for 1 hour and all of sudden it would disconnected for no reasons, and I've to wait one day to be able to get back online again. I've a home network at home, my cox cable modem is connected to my router which is connected to my computer. Everything seems working properly, I have no idea what's causing all this! Any help or suggestion would be grateful, thank you.

A:I lost internet connection, Please help!

Next time that happens you need to call Cox cable and see if their network is down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-lost-internet-connection-please-help.93327/
Relevancy 56.76%

my service provider was forced out of business. so i have to go to a differant company to get dsl reconnected. is there any free dialo up providers.

if not i am using a stupid aol disk with the free 1045 hours. that i was going to cancel when i got my dsl. is there a way to use internet explorer also as i abhor the use of aol 9.0

Relevancy 56.76%

I have lost my internet connection. The IE diagnosis window says windows cannot detect wired or wireless network cards on machine. It also says that no network adaptor is installed.
My internet connection has always worked fine. I have my cp hardwired to a lynksys broadband modem and lynksys wireless router for my laptop connection.
Any idea how this can be fixed or what may have happened to my connection?
My wireless connection to my laptop still works great.
Shagedorn

I would try a System Restore if anything changed recently that could cause the problem. The next easiest option is the WinSock Fix. You can download it here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-internet-connection-221757.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Using Aspire XC-605 wirh Win 10. Internet connection (both LAN and Wifi) was suddenly lost. The computer recognizes DSL modem but claims no internet connection. The modem works fine with my two laptops. I've updated LAN and wlan drivers, no help. Windows says no technical faults found.

A:Internet connection lost

And, I tried my 4G modem too. Same result: modem found and connected, no interet.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Internet-connection-lost/td-p/430380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Guys

hope someone can help.....im running vista home premium 32bit and connected to the internet wirelessly...its been working fine for years....however the other day i unplugged the power supply and monitor cable to connect another pc to the monitor....and when i switched the 2 plugs back to my pc...the internet stopped working....it sometimes says its connected to local network but not inernet...and sometimes it doesnt even connect locally

anyone got an idea of what the problem maybe..i tried doing a system restore too but it didnt work, ive disconnected network adapter and tried that too still same issue

A:lost internet connection!

Welome to the forum.

What do you mean by the power supply? Just the cord?

What kind of wireless card do you have?

Double check all your cables are plugged in still. Its quite easy to accidently knock one out.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295759-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I keep losing my internet connection when I try to visit www foxnews com Attached is my Hijack log Internet Help! Lost connection. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Help! Lost Internet connection. C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system lxamsp exe Help! Lost Internet connection. C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Spybot TeaTimer exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot SDHelper dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TimounterMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run lxamsp exe lxamsp exe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-internet-connection.943285/
Relevancy 56.76%

It happened yesterday. Finally changed the cat5 cable and that seemed to fix the problem. Now it's back again intermittently. I even directly connected the computer to the DSL and still no connection. The two other computers at this location run fine and and are running wirelessly. I don't know what to check anymore. Can anyone please give me a clue as to what to check? I am running Win2K sp2 on a Dell Dimension 4400.

Relevancy 56.76%

When I am on aol and try to download a movie clip I get knocked offline and a message comes up "AOL has encountered a error and needs to close" This happens alot and most of the time it happens as soon as I click the download button. Sometimes I dont even get the message it just knocks me offline but as I said it is generally when I try downloading. Please help I am going nuts with this

A:Lost connection with internet - AOL

Try uninstalling the AOL application totally and re-installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-connection-with-internet-aol.661987/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello folks, I'm pretty new at this game so please try not to blind me with science. I chose to replace my xp pro o/s with win 7 over last weekend on my main desktop PC and passed smoothly through the clean install process of win 7 ultimate. To my horror when the shiny new desktop was up and running I found that I could not connrct to my router, my ethernet adapter driver having apparently disappeared. I previously used Sis 900 but cannot find any driver for it. Are drivers available for this adapter or should I give up and buy a new card.

Any help much appreciated.

Network cards are fairly cheap these days, so I would suggest replacing it with a Gigabit capable card.
Do a bit of research on the card you want to buy and see if it is Windows 7 compatible out of the box (can save you a lot of hassles later)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82674-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Am rewriting this as I lost the first draft attempting to navigate back from preview when I notice I am not to add images on this with the photo icon above At this point I can't get the computer to connect to internet The computer is a HP workstation xw x cpu GHZ MHZ core windows connection Internet Lost First issue a boot interruption with a message about the system clock F continued the boot and the clock time was right Comes up on start up now Second issue- a sight would not play video I closed it and opened- same Next some sights came up unavailable I primarily use chrome I tried firefox and explorer I tried checked my connection in the control panel seem connected ran trouble shooter which came back and comes back with unexpected error message- can't continue and error code x unplugged and replugged from modem same result I have unplugged backed up and now am asking for guidance and help This computer is wired to wireless router Other computers and phones work off this wirelessly thanks chris

A:Lost Internet connection

Hi,
Have you checked out your NIC? Latest drivers, etc? Does the vendor offer a diagnostic program for it? If you have a NIC that you can swap for the current one, see if that makes a difference.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496594/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I have a compaq presario 2100 laptop running windows xp home with a built in wireless = HP WLan 54g w450 network card that was finding the internet okay and then it just stopped being able to access it. I can get a connection to my wireless network that drops off occaisionally but even when I am connected I cannot get on to the internet. I tried flushing the network by turning the access point the switch and the modem off and turning them all back on one at a time in the proper order. I have tried the repair network command and resetting the network connections. I have upgraded and installed service pack 3. Nothing seems to be working. can you help?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I ve got a problem with connecting to the internet I ve tried a number of things I found on Lost Internet Connection this forum and none of them have Lost Internet Connection worked I ll describe what I Lost Internet Connection ve done so far and hopefully someone can help me pinpoint exactly where things are going wrong and what to do next about it Thanks in advance for your help and my apologies for such a long post My Local Area Connection says that I m connected at a speed of Mbps which is normal However I cannot access the internet at all I can t get online through Firefox or IE Other applications that rely on the internet like my desktop Weather Network application also cannot connect This is a constant situation I was in the middle of writing an email and when I clicked send I d lost my connection and have not regained it I should take a moment to explain our setup I live in a house with five other people The internet enters the house through one of their rooms There is a router in that room and cables from that router go to the rest of us We don t have wireless capability so everything described here is over the cable connection Unfortunately the guy who lives in the room with the router is currently on a five-week vacation so I don t have access to the router to reset it or double-check that my cable is actually attached I ve contacted the landlord about getting into his room to do so but I haven t yet heard back To my knowledge I m the only one who has been having trouble I am running Windows XP SP on an IBM Thinkpad I believe T When I ran ipconfig all it returned the following IP Rating Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers I attempted to ping myself the router and several external sites Someone on this forum had suggested to someone else a number of alternate IP addresses to try for their router so I tried those and a few random others as well Self of packets received loss Router Request timed out loss All external IP addresses including google facebook and local university sfu ca Request timed out loss All URLs www google com google com www google ca www yahoo com www sfu ca www facebook com quot Ping request could not find host lt URL gt Please check the name and try again quot No packets sent Request timed out loss of packets received loss I don t know who is but since my computer is I assume is another computer in our house I was able to ping in the evening but when I tried again in the early morning I got the same result as all the other addresses request timed out When I ran nbstat -n it returned the following Code Local Area Connection Node IpAddress ScopeId NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status ------------------------------------------- Thales lt gt Unique Registered MSHOME lt gt Group Registered Thales lt gt Unique Registered MSHOME lt E gt Group Registered MSHOME lt D gt Unique Registered MSBROWSE lt gt Group Registered Now for the things I ve already tried doing to fix it None of these had any effect that I could see I disabled Local Area Connections then re-enabled it I also used the quot Repair quot option on Local Area Connections I turned off Windows firewall and when that didn t have any effect I turned it back on Under Local Area Connections Properties Internet Protocol TCP IP Properties both options were set to automatic quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot and quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I tried setting those to manual both independently and together using both and for the DNS server address with as my IP address When that didn t work I set them both back to automatic I tried ipconfig release followed by ipconfig renew On release I immediately got a popup saying quot This connection has limited or no connectivity quot On renew I immediately got a popup saying quot Local Area Connections is now connected quot I still could not access the internet ipconfig a... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Ok this Connection Lost! Internet is what has happened- I have a linklsys wireless router for my host computer and my client computer has Internet Connection Lost! a linksys internet adapter now its not to do with the model of linksys or if its wireless G or B there both G My internet has been for around months and everything is fine now a couple of days ago on my client computer it wont pick up the inetrnet connection i dont know why it doesent come up with little picture in the bottom right corner of the screen showing it connecting or anything Im pretty sure the adapter is working because there is a little green light that glows up on it at the back by the way my adapter is a PCI card Now the problem basically is my client computer is not picking up the internet even though my router is turned on The only thing is before the client computer stopped working the internet connection like a couple of days before the internet connection stopped i resarted the routers default and changed about a bit to try and enable xbox live But it was still working after i changed the settings but if theres any ideas please post in im a high school student and need to finish homework Thanks Tom Wells-Day nbsp

A:Internet Connection Lost!

First. You do not have a problem with internet connectivity. You have a problem with wireless connectivity.

Connect to the router using an ethernet cable and look over the wireless settings. Update it to the latest firmware version.

On your computer uninstall and reinstall all your wireless drivers and software with their latest versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-lost.35610/
Relevancy 56.76%

Have a friends computer and am fighting with it right now. The computer says I do have both wireless and wired network connection but I am unable to connect to the internet. I downloaded malwarebytes and installed it but was not able to update it as the internet is not working for me right now. I did a quick scan and that got rid of 43 problems but I am still unable to connect to the internet. As I write this, I am running a full scan to see if that will help.

Any suggestions on your side?

Appreciate any help,
Jeff

Hi,After performing these scans, enter the results in your next post and also update me on the status of the PC.Note: You may have to perform some or all of the following in Safe Mode With Networking, depending on if you have internet access while in the normal Windows environment.================================================================================Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.================================================================================Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all other options as they are set):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the Control Center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Select Scan Type" check the box for Complete Scan.If your computer is badly infected, be sure to check the box next to Enable Rescue Scan (Highly Infected Systems ONLY).Click the Scan your computer... button.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the scan log after reboot, launch SUPERAntiSpyware again.Click the View Scan Logs button at the bottom. This will open the Scanner Logs Window.Click on the log to highlight it and then click on View Selected Log to open it.Copy and paste the scan log results in your next reply.-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program. ================================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.D... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446760/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

There are 3 PCs on my home network:

1/. Vista Ultimate 32 bit Intel Dual Core desktop - Ethernet connection
2/. XP Home laptop Intel Celeron laptop - devolo AV200 mains networked
3/. XP Home Athlon XP1900 desktop - Ethernet connection via USB to Ethernet adapter.

They run through a KCORP 108 G wireless router. Company now defunct but router ostensibly OK.

Pure Networks 'Network Magic' used.

Problem: Up until yesterday all 3 PCs connected to the internet and to the local network. This is a very long-standing and (so far) extremely stable set-up.

Since yesterday PC #3 has lost its internet connection whilst maintaining its local connection.

I've tried rebooting the router, disabling security options on the router, swapping over LAN connections on the router, swapping the LAN connection on PC #3 for a devolo link. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this? I can access all 3 PCs from each other!

Thanks in advance.

Steve

A:Internet connection lost on 1 PC

Check the firewall settings. I wish I could recall the specific problem with Zone Alarm that caused periodic disconnects from the internet. Flushing DNS temporarily restored the connection. Using the correct setting overcame the problem. I wish I could offer specifics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-lost-on-1-pc.108221/
Relevancy 56.76%

Was playing Everquest on my Sony Vaio when I went linkdead. I currently use the laptop with a wireless connection which is located out in the garage. Did some limited troubleshooting and found that "a network cable is unplugged". I checked the network connection and it does not see any local wireless networks in the area. My pc is having no such problems. I cant find any diagrams as to where my wireless adapter is on the computer to see if it shook loose. Any ideas??

Tell us more about what connection you have by brand and age. Any failure of the cable modem or telephone modem can produce the error message, A Network Cable is unplugged.
Best first step, is to unplug your cable modem or Ethernet connection, then insert a straigtened paperclip wire into the small hole on the back of the router/modem to reset it.
Then plug the connection back in with everything turned on, and reboot your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection.77178/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have PC System Windows XP home edition Version 2002 SP3 and I lost Internet access in the middle of downloading a new program.
I have a Motorola modem and modem is connected to the Netgear router. When I turn my desktop PC on which is connected to the router it shows the local connection is connected, but the Bridge Network cable is unplugged I have no idea what that is and if I need it to be connected to the internet.
I called the Comcast service and the lady assistant did not even know what the Bridge cable is and I do not know ether since Iím not that technical.
I do not know what I should do to get the connection back to the PC; another PC work just fine also is connected to the router.
Thank you

A:lost Internet connection

Ok, with my 12 years experience i don't even imagine what you put in mystic words "bridge cable"...
give us Start > Run > CMD [enter]
Ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
Attach resulted file, or copypaste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.1037780/
Relevancy 56.76%

My wife uses a second computer that is connected via a hard wire. My internet connection is through Comcast cable and my wifes receives the internet connection through a router. The router is a Trendnet TW 100. My wife downloads and lets others in her movie room download from her files. Once in a 24 hour period her computer loses the internet connection and disrupt either her download or upload. She has been told it is the router but I opened it and do not see any shut down instruction in it. Does anyone have an idea why this happens every 24 hours and how to fix it. Thank you for your help and ideas.

Relevancy 56.76%

This is my first post Hope Lost Connection Internet it's up to snuff Reran with later version of Hijackthis--hope I got it rightMy wife was doing some research with Google clicked on a link and then was taken to a quot suspicious quot site whose URL began with quot The site looked like Google search results but not quite Now the next day it is impossible for her to connect to the Internet via any program IE Firefox Outlook When IE tries to repair or diagnose the connection it gets as far as quot Lost Internet Connection a problem with the winsock catalog quot Here's the Hijack this log It is a Dell running Windows XP Service Pack II Have run adaware spybot and AVG AVG had a false alarm on something called obsuscat Can you help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Lost Internet Connection S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Documents and Settings Kandy Hirsch Desktop stinger exeE John HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msnbc msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO no name - B EB F- C- F-AC -FD E F - c windows system d d c dllO - BHO no name - E C - B- EFE-AC B- C AE D - C WINDOWS system adsndsq dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Ru... Read more

Hello energyguyoly,Welcome to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.How is it running now please?Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120179/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have a Win XP computer on a network with all the network settings typed in rather than automatically picking up the IP address. So its set to the correct subnet and default gateway but its just not connecting to the internet.

I can ping the gateway and the other workstations, the Local Area Connection icon is showing up as connected, and the firewall is turned off. Can someone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

Operating system Vista I don't think I have the service packs Browser Firefox - latest version I have avast antivirus I went to nbc com for the first time last night to watch a video off it It required connection internet Lost I install a plug-in named PMBInstNBC exe in order to watch a video I started watching Lost internet connection the video and it worked but then I went to change the settings on it and it locked up So I restarted it and it came up with the quot unable to locate server quot error message for when your internet is disconnected I closed the window and opened a new one and it gave the same error message I restarted my computer a number of times and shut down and restarted and it still did not not connect I tried a windows update and that would not connect either I tried using internet explorer and that was not able to access the internet either I disconnected my wife's computer from the router and connected it directly to the service provider modem or whatever it is called that the router plugs into and it worked fine I have not tried to connect my computer directly to the modem to see if it is the router yet but has anyone experienced anything like that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connection-472467.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer just recently got over a bad virus called defense center. i rid myself of it using malwarebytes, but now when i try to open internet explorer or any browser it says cannot connect. It lets me play games, such as world of warcraft, and even use the internet after a temporary fix i found (adding "--proxy-server= in the properties of google chrome), but this problem isnt fixed by that. Can i have some help with this?

I am using windows vista home basic. When i hit diagnose connection problems in internet explorer, it says "www.google.com" is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer. It won't let me view anything on the internet in any way except for google chrome and in games.

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic342007.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326339/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Though I have sality for a while internet my I connection lost now my internet connection was still on Now I can t log on to the internet any I lost my internet connection more It all started when I got this email with this attachment As soon as I downloaded and opened it the computer was shut down and restarted with no internet I scaned my computer using Avira rescue CD and this is the report PS After this scan I did a scan with my Avira antivirus to delete or at least quarantine them but nothing was found apparently this s Sality playing with me Anyway here s the report Avira Linux Version Copyright copy by Avira GmbH All rights reserved engine set VDF Version Scan start time Fri May configuration file etc avira scancl conf WARNING Error reading file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp DGDiNNpY z part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp q y rGkw nth part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp ezXmYh rar part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp KzZHOMWj rar part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp Yy sNqmF rar part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp is-GRFL tmp item ztmp WARNING Error reading file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp MDjqajAB exe part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa My Documents ENGLISH IDIOMS QUEEN docx WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encryp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402121/i-lost-my-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all yesterday I upgraded my laptop lenovo y to windows At first it all connection internet to Lost seemed to be going well but when I first Lost connection to internet restarted I got the driver irql not less or equal error because I hadn t uninstalled my eset antivirus software I deleted the eset SYS file and it started up fine The internet was working fine etc I then uninstalled eset and as soon as I did that the internet stopped connecting It Lost connection to internet shows that I am connect to the WiFi but I cant connect to tthe internet or the router using Also when I go into network and sharing centre it says I am not connected to any networks and in ipconfig -all it only shows Ethernet adapter Bluetooth network connection I have tried complete internet repair and netsh int ip reset in cmd Nothing seems to work Please help I live in a remote area so taking it to a repair shop is out of the question Cheers Hugh nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Our 2nd computer which is a network connection had a strange thing happen. Was on internet & my screen suddenly turned solid blue with error notification. Then a narrow white column appeared and said my computer had been infected. It gave a phone number I was to call & started verbally repeating a message not to turn off my computer & to call that phone number. I did try to call & it rang 10 times & I hung up. In desperation I turned it off. After a period of time I turned it back on & everything appeared up normal except my internet connection. I ran malware & spyware and they showed no problems. However, I still can't get connected to the internet. Can someone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.1156373/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi sorry if it s a rushed message and may not make much sense i ll try to explain it as much as i can I have a speedtouch adsl from university router ethernet connection access point as router which i read can be used as an access point which is what i wanna do so i can share my internet been trying for the past few days to make it work but haven t been able to do it so i have a cable from the university accomodation ethernet socket which has internet going into one of the sockets the router has disabled dhcp made sure the router as access point from university ethernet connection router has the mac address the internet connection expects i ve looked at ipconfig when i plug the internet straight into a laptop the ips from the university gateway are weird like it s not the usual so i m wondering do i have to use any of those ips to set up the speedtouch i m not sure how it is meant to work so i d love really detailed explanations i ve read so many forum posts but can t get my head around it do i change the gateway of the speedtouch to the ip i would get from connecting directly to the university internet do i change anything else on the router do i have to set up my network adaptor on the laptop manually or it will get it s ip automatically router as access point from university ethernet connection from the dhcp server on the university gateway thing the speedtouch s gateway right now is completely different from the one the university router has when i connect my laptop to it it identifies it and says quot internet access quot but it s lying cuz internet doesn t work would be amazing if someone could help me out not sure what i m missing i ll post the ipconfig info later if it s needed now i m not at home thanks a lot Smaranda nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have recently purchased a new laptop less than a week ago and since purchase I have had the same recurring problem Coincidentally my wireless router is brand new also and so it makes the situation even more difficult to to access? but no Connection router fine, network is wireless eradicate My laptop connects to the router wirelessly without a hitch however Connection to wireless router is fine, but no network access? every five minutes or so a small yellow exclaimation mark appears alongside the connection symbol and it says there is either No Internet Access or No Network Access despite the fact it is connected to the wireless and has a full strength connection However my brother s laptop connects and surfs the web seamlessly as well as the family desktop PC and various mobile devices I am reluctant to return the laptop back to the store please HELP Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon Connection to wireless router is fine, but no network access? tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA PWWAE AB Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

m using private network on my house im using static IP configuration nbsp my ip is and the router is default gateway is and the dns server and and when im trying to access the router settings at it only loading that not come to an end no explanation nothing nbsp forever load like this i have googled it but all result and answer is irrelevant i cant find the overcome how do i solve this problem thank you btw when this occured when i connected to the internet i can access the my internet internet i cant to but connection the router while to i login connected have router normally when i i have internet connection but i cant login to my router while connected to the internet m not connected on the internet example when ping to it says destination unreachable at that time i an access the setting but when the internet works normally i cant access it tried to troubleshoot problem i choosed im trying to reach specific network folder and it still cant fix it is this os problem or pc problem or whatsoever problem pls tell me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6d5e9d88-9918-4c0c-9bd1-210c0c4c2659/i-have-internet-connection-but-i-cant-login-to-my-router-while-connected-to-the-internet?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.33%

I have access, and fine Win7 to iOS New blocks Internet router linux Internet the ONLY connect a new router connected to my internet from FIOS I was sick of the ActionTec router requiring a reboot every few days in order to get it to hand out ip addresses again so I purchased a Ubiquiti New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine edgmax router After changing the MAC address of the router to match the MAC address of the actiontec router I was able to get it functioning Sadly that's when the weirdness began I am able to connect to the internet fine on almost all my devices New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine I have two Roku streaming media players and an Ooma Ip phone box that connect to the internet fine with the new router All my New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine iOS devices connect fine to the internet I have a dual boot desktop connected via Ethernet and when I boot to Linux it connects to the internet fine If I reboot to Win same exact hardware there is no internet connection I can see the other devices in the network map I see the Brother printer and the Roku boxes that are on this side of the firewall but Internet access past the firewall is not available red X between router and Internet I have done a virus scan using both MalwareBytes and AVG in safe mode and there are no virus found by either I can reconnect the crappy Actiontec router and everything is fine I also tried bringing the router wifi access point and Win laptop that was NOT connecting to the internet at my home to my office and connected it all here and it works fine WTF To say that I am frustrated would be an understatement I tried contacting Ubiquiti tech support they are unable to help me I spoke with Verizon Tech support but they do not have networking competent people available and simply told me that using a non-actiontec router will not work and is not supported That is not true because it works fine EXCEPT for Win machines What does Windows do to decide if there is an internet connection Why is Win the ONLY thing that fails in my new network

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a22c794-61b0-4eb2-80b8-586bf2886367/new-router-blocks-only-win7-internet-access-linux-and-ios-connect-to-the-internet-fine?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all

Lap-top (toshiba equium a100)PC running 32 Vista

I was helping a friend run C-Cleaner and superantispyware to speed up his PC. However, when we were promted to up-date AVG free anti virus software "we did" However, the computer froze and we did the if all else failed switch it on/off. "sorry we are not very computer literate and have minimal experience"

Following this we are unable to connect to the internet via wireless connection.

Initially, we were told we had isatap adapter #2 problems and followed various forums in an attempt to cure. We now have error message THE NETWORK ADAPTER "INTEL ® PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is experiencing driver or hardware issues

Hope someone can help

A:Lost wireless/internet connection please help

WHat all did you do with CCleaner? Also have you tried reinstalling the network card driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452994/lost-wirelessinternet-connection-please-help/
Relevancy 55.9%

An odd little thing happens when I leave my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop in standby by closing the cover for longer than about 15 minutes. If I go directly to open the browser, I've lost the internet connection and the only way I can get it back is to reboot. If it is in standby for less than 15 minutes, it connects OK. Sometimes (it's not consistant) if I perform some other action like opening a document in Word, It connects OK after that.

I've looked at the connection Tab in Internet Options and can find nothing different when the connection is gone. I've disconnected from the wireless network and reconnected with no joy. Reboot seems the only way to fix it. The systray wireless icon stays inactive when I open the browser and after some time I get the Cannot find page message.Running XP Home and IE6.

Any ideas?

Raybro

A:Internet connection lost after standby

Go to command prompt and type IPCONFIG/RENEW

Or do the same thing in the Start>Run... Just run IPCONFIG /RENEW. Hopefully this will get you back on-line

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost-after-standby.661154/
Relevancy 55.9%

Two days ago I was browsing the net on my Connection Solved: Internet Lost PC when the wife called me to go to the store I shut down my PC in the normal manner and Solved: Lost Internet Connection went When I came back I fired up Solved: Lost Internet Connection the PC and couldn t connect to the internet I m on ATT DSL using their Siemans SpeedStream modem feeding a Linkys WRT GS Router via an ethernet cable The router connects to my wifes computer with another ethernet cable thats how I m connecting to send this and my PC connects via a Linksys WMP GS PCI adapter card I ve been running this combo for about months now with no problems once I got it set up Now all of a sudden I can t connect to the internet with my PC I can connect to the router with no problem according to the Network Monitor program from Linksys Interestingly the modem Internet light is not on yet the wifes PC connects to the net with no problem while mine cannot Any body have any ideas AT amp T support was of no help once they found out I was connecting with the one computer They say it is a router problem nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

My computer just suddenly lost both LAN and wireless internet connection. It can detect other wireless networks within my area but not mine anymore, my other laptop and i phone can connect to my internet both wireless and wired. I have done everything suggested on Google to resolve this using various commands but still same problem, so I went ahead to format the system and re-install the OS hoping if it was a virus infection that might fix it, but still same problem.

I have connected my Dlink wireless router to another computer and entered its interface and can see a 192 class of IP address for all my devices including the faulty computer, but the faulty laptop doesn't get any lease and also its acquiring a 168 class of IP.

So over to the gurus, help me

Relevancy 55.9%

A friend of mine has lost her cable internet connection prior to a blackout from lightening storm a week ago. She uses window Xp home and her cable does not use a router.She had called the technical support which blamed on her computer and suggested a modem switch which she has yet to do. I contact the tech support myself a couple of times.. One of them told me to reverse the cable connection from the wall and the modem and blamed the actual cable.. The other one blamed the computer because the computer couldn't open ms-doc (?) using run and typing "command." I am not exactly computer literate but any suggestion do go about this? Maybe run commands or "Computer Networking?"

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

I have this problem posted in the Malware Removal forum, but I also wanted to have this problem looked at from a different perspective...

The scenario is this: I have two computers set up on a wireless network; my laptop (which I'm on now) and my dad's PC. The problem is that his computer cannot connect to the Internet. It can connect to the network fine, we can see each other's computers, share resources etc, but he can't get much further than that. Mine, however, is working fine.

I have checked the settings on the router, as well, just in case some level of filtering or firewall setting was restricting access, but everything is normal.

Is there anything I could be overlooking? What else could cause this?

Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 55.9%

Here is my Trojan/Internet connection lost problem McAfee detected trojans Generic dx tgj on my computer Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP Trojan/Internet connection lost Service Pack ever since then I keep getting the Win error and x memory exception messages sorry forgot to write down the exact thing it said earlier After I get those messages the internet connection is lost and I have to reboot to access the internet The computer slows down as well it froze while I was trying to post a Trojan/Internet connection lost new message on here with my problem so trying once again Please help in solving this problem Thanks in advance Here is the HijkackThis log for your reference Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system CSHelper exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system LxrSII s exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Documents and Settings Kuntal Local Settings Application Data Lexar Media LxrAutorun exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft ... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

I have an HP EliteBook 6930p with windows 7 installed and everything was working fine until i did a recent windows upgrade (might just be a coincidence) and i suddenly lost internet connection. My laptop picks up the router, shows full strength but i cannot connect to the internet wireless or Ethernet cable. I restored to a previous date and it worked fine, and all my other devices work fine (iPad, iPhone, other laptops). The trouble is when i connected to the internet again it up dated windows and i cant restore back to the original date anymore as it has gone from the list.
Thinking i might have picked up a virus along the way.

Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am a brand new poster to this site I have looked for info but not found it yet I picked up a trojan or so I thought I search the web for help and found a link for Combofix Like a Used ComboFix, Internet lost connection idiot I just downloaded it and ran it My only problem is I cannot fix my internet connection since running ComboFix The rest of the computer runs fine I found info on Major Geeks site which is how I got to your site and started to go through the Malware cleaning process When it came to Combofix I did not run it again but all the simple steps to repair the internet connection will not work Of course Windows says there is no problem with the Local Area Connectin Status I did not finish the Malware cleaning process Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection as Major Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection Geeks referred me to your site for help I am using DLink router DI- which is connected to the problem computer via Cat My laptop uses one other wired and another laptop Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection uses the wireless function These other computers access the web just fine I do have logs from the cleaning process Thanks for the help

A:Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot.Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261148/used-combofix-lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 55.9%

Can someone please help..????
This morning i lost service from my IP after a perfect year.

After speaking to them and using my PC the connection was restored.

Unfortunatly my laptop couldn't reconnect and i have spent the morning trying to find out ways to reconnect It

i have been able to connect to the web via a cable but not wirelessly.

in the network and share center
it shows
netgear (public network) access local and internet
runs ok as its the cable.

the second is
unidentified network (public network) access Local Only
this is the wireless and it.

can any one please help me with this problem?

regards
Rob