Windows Support Forum

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer footage.

Q: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer footage.

Just found some multiplayer footage, looks like good fun.

Modern Warfare 2 Video Game, Multiplayer Debut Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer footage.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer footage.

I take it that's the Multiplayer? if it is, it sure looks a little run-&-gun doesn't it?

I am jonesing for a good fps game.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/239719-modern-warfare-2-multiplayer-footage.html
Relevancy 36.55%

GPU : GTX 750ti / 750 since this is a value oriented and energy efficient video card ( less fps but saves on power bills ).
Games : BF4 / far cry 4 and multiplayer titles.

A:Which cpu is overall better in value and fps results on modern games , i5 4460 or i5 4690k?

The I5 4690K would be better and should be able to be overclocked if u are interested in that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-cpu-is-overall-better-in-value-and-fps-results-on-modern-games-i5-4460-or-i5-4690k.207619/
Relevancy 36.98%

Been having this problem for quite sometime now and it all started randomly I m thinking my internet connection is the culprit happends on single card also yesterday I thought I would go onto crysis multiplayer just to check if it was still occouring I went into a game with the lowest ping I could find The game loads and I start playing no microstutter I finish playing only Microstutter with games + multiplayer stutter problem the round and the next map loads I spawn and the microstutter appears again this is the wierd thing I usualy play single player which runs fine btw Microstutter + stutter problem with multiplayer games only with an xbox controller I thought I d try it on multiplayer looking around and moving - No Microstutter then I switch to mouse and I get it back on the controler is has no microstutter I had this same problem with battlefield until I created a config file using these which fixed the problem but I still get random cpu spikes maybe internet related RenderDevice TripleBufferingEnable RenderDevice ForceRenderAheadLimit GameTime MaxVariableFps when I say microstutter I mean this but at a much more noticable level It happends in many FPS games however not in CS GO does not happen in RTS games I have ran line tests which give me packet loss and - ms jitter I have tried almost every possible solution Updating drivers Turning ht off testing on stocks speeds clean boot of windows many more Thanks nbsp

A:Microstutter + stutter problem with multiplayer games only

What are your computer specs? What are your CPU and RAM usage like in games?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microstutter-stutter-problem-with-multiplayer-games-only.186318/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys I shot a short film on DVD PC no footage longer reading in Used a friend s mini-dvd cam as I didn t have my own at the time Edited on Windows Movie Maker and everything was great I still have the same PC but I did install a new dvd cd drive as the old one wore out At some point in there I deleted a lot of raw footage DVD footage no longer reading on PC including this particular film to save space I did make a dvd copy of the original and thought that would be sufficient I m now wanting to post the film online but discovering that not only will the original dvd I made not play but even the mini-discs of the raw footage just sit there in the drive No prompts Nothing If you try to open the drive it just shows that nothing is in there CDs will play Professional DVDs will play But my film and the original footage does nothing I have Windows XP The footage is on mini-dvd-rw And the copy of the edited film is on a dvd-r disc What could be the problem Thanks so much nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-footage-no-longer-reading-on-pc.168270/
Relevancy 36.98%

Do modern power supplies require any minimum load present on the +12v, +5v, and/or +3.3v rails? I've heard some can become fritzy if there is no load present on one or more of the voltage rails.

If so, what is considered a minimum safe required current load for each of the aforementioned voltages? I'm assuming the +5vSB and -12v rails don't require anything.

Obviously the +12v is easy to load with fans, and the +5v and +12v could be given a load with an old hard drive, but I still wonder what could load the +3.3v rail and if there are any rules of thumb for minimum load vs. output current claimed at each voltage, for example.

Thanks for any help.

A:Modern PSU require minimum loads?

How exactly would you use a PSU in a computer without a load being on it.....?

I've seen charts that indicate that efficiency suffers if the supply is under loaded, but that sort of goes to show that it's kinda stupid to buy a 700 watt PSU for a computer that draws 300 watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modern-psu-require-minimum-loads.147317/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am considering a RAID video storage array for primarily read-only use +5v current - modern & high-capacity overall MB's 2.5" hard drives use? As I understand it laptop hard drives use v current Let s assume I am using a modern - w TDP 2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use? CPU very low power video card since it serves video clients and does not need to encode or decode anything 2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use? and a non-overclocked MB with a RAID controller 2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use? and maybe a couple of TV tuner cards What might I expect the average quot laptop drive to consume when reading mostly and writing I can stagger spinup to minimize inrush current of course but I am assuming a quot HD operating is going to draw around amps max or watts during operation Does that sound about right I don t need enterprise or SAS grade drives spinning at K or K just plain old K RPM SATA II drives And for the sake of argument let s say I am using an OCZ Z power supply that can supply A on the v rail I m assuming that the v rail is not relevant in the case of a laptop drive but I don t know what the average modern non-overclocked motherboard would draw off the v rail on its own And I use OCZ simply because they have a decent reputation and watts overall PSU does not get into the larger dimensions that can cause case fitting issues Any help would be appreciated especially in computing the quot average quot v current the motherboard will draw on startup and during operation so as not to overload the v rail overall Then I can factor in how much the laptop hard drives will draw nbsp

A:2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use?

Your laptop drives shoudl work, regardless. Their power draw is minimal... as they will run on a USB 1.1 or 2.0 external enclosure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-high-capacity-hard-drives-modern-mbs-5v-current-overall-use.147179/
Relevancy 79.98%

hey guys Just recently i purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare Now because Modern Warfare has pretty much the same requirements maybe a bit higher then Call of Duty which runs average frames and no stuttering maxed out I figured that Modern Warfare would run very well also I was wrong Whenever i turn the games texture settings up to extra it stutters very badly as if its running out of ram i find that hard to believe ill get to that shortly to the point where its pretty much unplayable Lowering the settings to high makes the game playable but still stutters a bit Normal works fine but to me looks pretty bad Now the reason i find it hard to believe that its running out of ram is because my friend tried it out on his computer We both have 2 Warfare Stuttering Bad in Modern gb ram and the game ran perfectly on his I just cant seem to figure out why it stutters so badly on my system I tried updating my chipset drivers sound drivers and video card drivers all to the latest possible versions but there was still no change Maybe you guys can help me out on this one Anyone else have this annoying issue These are my system specs AMD Athlon x Ghz Ghz OC GB Corsair XMS DDR - Nvidia GeForce GT MB TB Western Digital hard drive These are my Bad Stuttering in Modern Warfare 2 friends specs just incase you need to know Intel Core Duo E Ghz Ghz OC GB Corsair DDR - Memory Nvidia GeForce GTX TB Samsung Hard Drive I know his system is alot better then mine but mine should still be more then powerful enough to run the game properly I dont see how it couldnt be Any help at all would be greatly appreciated Edit Me and my friend are also both running Windows Ultimate x nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello! everyone...
Well, I don't know much about computer networking. So I decided to take some tips and advises form the experts like you.
Can I connect my PC with another one simply using a Ethernet cable or Cat5 to play multi-player games like unreal tournament 3, crysis and many more.
If yes then describe the procedure step by step. I don't have an internet connection.
Thanks!!!

A:Need help to play Multiplayer Games

you will need a router, you can find one at walmart. and two Ethernet cables

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-play-multiplayer-games.143523/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello! everyone...
Well, I don't know much about computer networking. So I decided to take some tips and advises form the experts like you.
Can I connect my pc with another one simply using a Ethernet cable or Cat5 to play multiplayer games like uneal tournament 3, crysis and many more.
If yes then describe the procedure step by step. I don't have an internet connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-play-multiplayer-games.143522/
Relevancy 77.4%

I recently bought Left 4 Dead 2 and played that for an hour, but then when I played Modern Warfare 2, the graphics were all glitched up. Basically, there were these random lines popping up everywhere. All over the weapon models, player models, and all over the maps. The weird thing is that this didn't happen until today right when after installing L4D2.

These are my specs:
Windows Vista
Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
Intel Duo Core T5250 @ 1.50 GHz
2 GB RAM
28.5 GB of free space

I know the graphics card is a little old (I've had my laptop for about 2 years), however, it ran MW2 just fine on low settings. It ran COD4 and Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 just fine as well on fairly low settings. I downloaded the latest drivers to see if that'll fix anything, but it didn't work.

What can I do to fix this problem?

A:Graphics glitching up in Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2

I have nvidia 8400 GS & modern warfare 2 runs fine. Try reinstalling modern warfare 2 or changing the graphic settings of the game.I had some problem with Age of empires III ships looked bizzare i used a patch from the official site & everything went fine.My friend completed modern warfare 2 evrything runs fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-glitching-up-in-modern-warfare-2-and-left-4-dead-2.140280/
Relevancy 36.12%

Thinking about getting a modern motherboard / Intel Quad Core for my Dell 2400 upgrade.

Medium gaming but lots of HD and Blu-ray stuff.

Anyone has done anything on his Dell 2400? Suggestions? Brand names? Hopefully I can score this combo / RAM in this holiday sale.

Currently my Dell 2400 has this set up:

P4 3.06
2 Gb RAM
5000Gb Hatachi ATA Boot Dirve
1Tb WD Green SATA 2nd Drive
22x LG DVD rewriter
8x LG Blu-ray rewriter
1 floppy
Evga 9400GT 1Gb PCI card
ATA / SATA RAID controller
Corsair 550W ATX supply

and

Dell 2400 mini case

I can transfer all these existing hardware for the new motherboard except the RAM (DDR1 or DDR3) and a better 1Gb PCI Express video card after that.

A:Getting a modern motherboard / Intel Quad Core for my old Dell 2400

Firstly, budget for CPU+mobo? Also, have you made up your mind on Intel? If you're on a constraint you may consider AMD.

As for motherboard brands, Gigabyte, ASUS and MSI are excellent choices. You may also add DFI to that list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-a-modern-motherboard-intel-quad-core-for-my-old-dell-2400.139283/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey guys im new here and have a problem i purchased a new computer about a year an a half ago from best 2 modern 9800 warfare with COD problem GT buy it is the Gateway FX It is quad core possessor GB of ram GB HD and an Nvidia GT My problem is if i play any high end newer games it crashes Call of duty modern warfare and also Left for dead and to be specific Well after roughly - minutes my Game crashes then the computer shuts down and first i was getting a weird error at the bottom left that said quot Display drivers has stopped responding and has recovered quot but now it just 9800 GT problem with COD modern warfare 2 crashes The only problem i can identify with 9800 GT problem with COD modern warfare 2 this computer is the power supply which is only giving out W i have another Power supply from my old PC that is W its a prudent way do you guys think that my power supply is causing the problem and if so should my W be enough to play these newer games Thanks nbsp

A:9800 GT problem with COD modern warfare 2

I think it's the PSU. Get yourself a decent PSU like the Corsair 450VX at least. Also check the temperatures in your system and ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed. Modern Warfare 2 should run fine on the highest settings on the 9800GT. It does so on mine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-gt-problem-with-cod-modern-warfare-2.138789/
Relevancy 37.41%

friends,my brother's pc is lacking in all necessary components required to run modern games ,presently he has a 2.4ghz p4,512mb of ram and a nvidia geforce 6200(256mb) agp card,he has agreed to upgrade only his video card to 7600gt agp,do u think he will be able to run games like oblivion and rainbow six vegas by this upgradation only?

A:will 7600gt alone be able to run modern games?

If he would add more ram maybe a chance. 512mb doesn't cut it anymore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-7600gt-alone-be-able-to-run-modern-games.84737/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi !
Can you help me to change new service tag which came with new replacement motherboard to my old one, which came with my laptop.
I know that it's possible to do with some utilities. Svctag.exe doesn't work, may be wrong version or because laptop relatively new. Did try "short pin" method - not working.
Help me please and thank you in advance.

A:How to change Service Tag on modern Dell laptop?

this is a new one. i work on dells all the time but have never had to mess with the service tag. i'm not sure you'll need to do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-service-tag-on-modern-dell-laptop.20458/
Relevancy 36.98%

My moms friend was cleaning out his basement and gave me a crap load of old computer stuff. One of these things was an external casing by Stream Logic. I was planning on giving this away but I decided to keep it for backup of all my files. I opened the thing up and found two SCSI Seagate ST19171W HD's inside. Now the only problem I have is if theres a way that I could get this hooked up to my computer which is basically only USB and Firewire ports like any other computer now a days.

If anyone would have a solution for this please tell haha. If not I'll be giving this away with a G3 that the friend also gave me which I really have no need for haha.

Thanks,
Aj

A:External SCSI on a modern computer..

Hi
You could install a pci scsi card such as any adaptec 2940 series. They have a connector on the back you can use to attach to the scsi enclosure. You'll need an external scsi cable of course. If you have no experience with scsi setup you might want to peruse adaptec's (or similar scsi site) site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-scsi-on-a-modern-computer.72492/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys,

I have a nice pair of logitech headphones that cost me 85.00 from best buy here in Canada. I try to play alot of online games with voice talking and people say I sound like i'm echoing or sound like a robot. I've adjusted sound card settings and also settings within the games I play and nothing helps. I can hear other people fine and clear. I've also tried 3 different headsets from logitech and they are all the same way? Can anyone help me out and explain what could be the cause of this. I've looked at updating my sound card drivers but sound blaster has not had an update for them for a long time and the sound card is about 5 years old.

Thanks

Mike

A:Microphone issues in multiplayer games?

Try this.

Go to your control panel and double click on sounds and audio devices. Under device volume, click the advanced button. Make sure that the microphone is muted, by ticking the little box. Close the volume slider window and click ok, close control panel.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-issues-in-multiplayer-games.63696/
Relevancy 38.27%

OK, I've been struggling with this for awhile so i gave up, and now I'm asking for your advice. In Battlefield 1942, its been impossible for me to start my own server(not dedicated, just starting one by going to custom game..etc)

I have cable internet and use a Linksys BEFSR41 router to connnect 3 pc's. I know you have to mess with port forwarding and stuff, and I've tried my best, but have come out the loser... Please help if you can!

P.S. After playing with some of the settings on the router I managed to get it where my friends can see the server, but they are unable to connect to it.....

A:Multiplayer in BF1942

Ok, it has to be something on my computer, I can run and connect to the server if I set it up on my dad's laptop. But when I try it on my pc, it always fails! Both Pc's are running Windows XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiplayer-in-bf1942.7930/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Lenovo Yoga UI" 10 open "Modern won't without Windows Connection Internet apps Tablet - F running Windows I have a number of modern Windows 10 "Modern UI" apps won't open without Internet Connection apps that refuse to open unless I am actively connected to the internet Desktop or Windows 10 "Modern UI" apps won't open without Internet Connection legacy apps open fine in airplane mode but anything downloaded from the Windows Store will not This even includes built-in apps such as calculator So far I have tried running sfc scannow in Command Prompt running WSReset exe updating all drivers from lenovo I also spent the better part of yesterday afternoon chatting with Contact Support who at various points told me that the tablet was designed to work that way um no that no Windows apps will open without internet connection false or simply ended the chat when it seemed like they were in over their heads has anyone else noticed this problem I have tried to recreate it on my desktop also running Windows by unplugging my ethernet cable and then opening various apps and it functions as expected - they will open and perform everything normally unless specifically needing the internet Don't get me wrong I understand that certain apps require Internet Access Hulu or Netflix come to mind However for even calculator to not open without internet seems wrong Please let me know if i left any other pertinent information out Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585099/windows-10-modern-ui-apps-wont-open-without-internet-connection/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I've been using w for about a month now with a lot of apps and Settings internal not opening W10 modern minor problems but now suddenly I can't open the Immersive system settings Windows store Calculator or any other seemingly integral modern app although my downloads work and so do apps like xbox edge and weather I couldn't access the non-working stuff in safe mode either Rebooting Virus checking and such all done I didn't come here having done nothing In fact I could write pages W10 Settings and internal modern apps not opening of what I've already tried I also found the windows reset from the system folders which started fine but I would rather not reinstall back to w and then back to and the discs are as of now lost So let's get started The Event Viewer sends reports on every crash one of which usually blames RPC remote procedure call for failing and W10 Settings and internal modern apps not opening another some random executable or W10 Settings and internal modern apps not opening ddl depending on the crashing for example Calculator exe and Windows UI Xaml ddl With latter being there I tried changing the system language The more promising ones were the RPC services but they turned out to be set up correctly RPC automatic and on RPC locator manual and off although I tried turning it on Then I checked the registry with Regedt exe App packages had reading rights I also tried giving them every other right in different registers Then of course there was SFC -scannow finding corrupted files but not being able to fix them and DISM not working at all with the typical Online something something commands Dism log said it couldn't check the OS version and SFC -shamwow log threw a huge list of initiating primitive installers so I couldn't find the relevant parts My OS version by the way is There were also many quot workarounds quot to this kind of problem through powershell No way I would remember all the commands but it checked all the apps did something else with apps and then there were many non-working commands for older windows versions I presume Microsoft made it's own attempt with a diagnostic tool also for an older version of windows Didn't find a thing although judging by its speed I'm not sure if it even checked I tried the tool with different UAC settings and many times as an admin GForce Experience with it's know trustworthiness didn't work either so I reinstalled the graphic drivers Didn't help with the experience so i removed it all together Someone said MoApps are rendered on graphic drivers but my gtx is working fine I also had IE turned off so I turned it back on For nothing it seems I should also add that I migrated my windows from a HDD to a new SSD with Samsung Data Migration fairly recently Everything stayed the same after the migration not perfect that is but hey it's W I've had plenty of problems with start screen and store not opening before but they all worked out with a restart I guess that could've corrupted them but not the calculator Then there are windows updates I can't really access them without the settings but it's set on automatic so I do think I have the newest version I probably missed some things I tried but here are at least the most typical answers people have given online I might have to dig up those windows installation discs but first I've got to ask if I missed something else I'm sure you understand why I didn't add every single log file to this post but if something seems important I have plenty available

A:W10 Settings and internal modern apps not opening

Now I realize that I can't fix w10 with w7 disc.
I found these errors from SFC log:

2015-08-22 13:44:01, Error CSI 00004df0 (F) Failed on regenerating file [l:48{24}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Maps.dll"[gle=0x80004005]
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df1 [SR] Unable to repair \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-ui-xaml-maps_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_a9a2c90e992bf518\\[l:48{24}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Maps.dll"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df2 [SR] Repaired file \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-ui-xaml-maps_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_a9a2c90e992bf518\\[l:48{24}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Maps.dll" by copying from backup
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI [email protected]/8/22:10:44:01.418 Primitive installers committed for repair
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df4 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:48{24}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Maps.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-UI-Xaml-Maps, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file is missing
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df5 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:238{119}]"Microsoft-Windows-WinRT-WOW64-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.22eef71e2ba8ee8dba064d919aed3909"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df6 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:370{185}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-WOW64-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-WOW64-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df7 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:248{124}]"Microsoft-OneCore-AppRuntime-WOW64-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.26c429cc6e1d76dfdde0498e64c36479"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004df8 Hashes for file member \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Windows.UI.Xaml.Maps.dll do not match actual file [l:48{24}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Maps.dll" :

2015-08-22 13:44:01, Error CSI 00004e15 (F) Failed on regenerating file [l:50{25}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Phone.dll"[gle=0x80004005]
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004e16 [SR] Unable to repair \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-ui-xaml-phone_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_e2fb80d97f14311b\\[l:50{25}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Phone.dll"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004e17 [SR] Repaired file \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-ui-xaml-phone_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_e2fb80d97f14311b\\[l:50{25}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Phone.dll" by copying from backup
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI [email protected]/8/22:10:44:01.954 Primitive installers committed for repair
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004e19 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:50{25}]"Windows.UI.Xaml.Phone.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-UI-Xaml-Phone, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file is missing
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004e1a [SR] This component was referenced by [l:238{119}]"Microsoft-Windows-WinRT-WOW64-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.22eef71e2ba8ee8dba064d919aed3909"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004e1b [SR] This component was referenced by [l:370{185}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-WOW64-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-WOW64-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2015-08-22 13:44:01, Info CSI 00004e1c [SR] This component was referenced by [l:248{124}]"Microsoft-OneCore-AppRuntime-WOW64-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/w10-settings-and-internal-modern-apps-not-opening-1035145.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I had my profile set back to level1 and now need 2 billion XP's! How do I fix this? I think it was a level hack or something like that.
Thanks

A:Call of duty 4 modern warfare

if you're looking for hacks you're in the wrong place try mpgh or unknowncheats

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare.1152297/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi We have an old CRM system that is modern transition old Web-based more to local CRM Need system an app a to currently local to only a single location and we are looking to transition it to a more modern web-based system with network capability and would appreciate any advice about the best way to go about it Basically we currently have a fairly simple Microsoft Access database system into which customer Need to transition an old local CRM system to a more modern Web-based app information and updates are added and from which regular reports are generated based on that data It is a fairly simple database with only two main tables a customer info table and a transaction table with a one-to-many relationship between the two There are other tables but they are mostly lookup tables used by the input forms and reporting in order to standardize input values The problem is that currently this database is only accessible from one main office location We have four other branch offices in different locations across the state and the process in the past has been for those branch offices to fax daily customer updates to the main office where the data is collected and then added to the database However we want to decentralize and modernize this process by moving the data entry and reporting out of the central office and into the individual branch offices instead allowing each branch location to track and manage their own customer data but we want those offices to share a central database repository between them What I'm trying to figure out is how to migrate the currently outdated system -- which is limited to a single physical location -- to a new web-based system that can be shared and accessed from these geographically separated offices I have looked at certain Full-stack CMS solutions like Joomla or Drupal to create this system but I'm beginning to think going that way might be overkill for what I'm trying to do Basically I need a browser front-end that can be used for data entry from the branch locations a central data repository I'm thinking MySQL where all data is stored network code to communicate between the two across the internet probably PHP and a reporting functionality that would allow us to run aggregate reports on the data inputted We are a fairly small company and I am the only tech-resource so I am trying to scope out this project and decide what technologies would be best to use to accomplish it Any advice links I can look at or comments on things I should keep in mind would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance --eric

A:Need to transition an old local CRM system to a more modern Web-based app

Since no one has replied, all I can recommend is checking into Microsoft Dynamics. I think they are ending life of BCM and not even sure that can be cloud based. I found this...I hope it's helpful! If not, disregard.

http://www.hostedmscrm.com/crm-vs-bcm.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585757/need-to-transition-an-old-local-crm-system-to-a-more-modern-web-based-app/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've noticed that multiplayer games have lag when it comes to updating the position of the players in Windows 10. In Windows 7 it worked fine.

Is there any way to fix this? I have reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and my Wi-Fi drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584534/multiplayer-games-slower-in-windows-10/
Relevancy 36.12%

Native application that are now modern apps
As I mentioned, Internet Explorer is being replaced with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. However, it's not the only native app being replaced by a modern app in Windows 10. The good old Search tool is being replaced by Cortana, and Calculator is being replaced with a modern app of the same name (Figure A).

The new Calc UI looks totally fugly.

Article

A:Should Microsoft replace the rest of Windows' native applications with modern ap

Well I think Microsoft want to slowly but surely move all apps to modern apps. But they will have WIN32 apps in the store when Windows 10 is released.  Photoshop modern will be coming out with Windows 10,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577742/should-microsoft-replace-the-rest-of-windows-native-applications-with-modern-ap/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I was given these instructions from another forum to show me how to remove unwanted apps from my computer. Problem seems to stem from the fact that I am unable to replicate a certain "caret" into the command, for example: "Get-AppXPackage -User <username> |  Remove-AppxPackage". I highlighted the caret in red that I mean. It says to open Powershell and at then "Type the following command to remove all Modern apps from the system account", but I tried this but because I cannot put in the " | " in the command it only opens another command beginning, for instance:
PS C:\Windows\system32>
Please help, how do I get this to work, there are tons of apps pre-installed on this windows 8 that I simply do not use, I do not have a disk, it came with windows 8 pre-installed.
thanks for any help with this
jhona56

A:Remove Modern apps user account in Windows 8

Hi,

Think this is what you are after...http://www.pcworld.com/article/2148482/new-app-automates-the-process-of-dumping-windows-8-metro-bloatware.html

Regards,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544924/remove-modern-apps-user-account-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm unable to install any windows 8 apps from the store. As a matter of fact, I can't even update existing ones. All get stuck on pending and don't download at all. Anyone else has experienced this problem? 

A:Unable to install any modern windows 8 apps

Hi,
Can you fill in the blanks around that statement? Hardware, software, anything else not working correctly?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545150/unable-to-install-any-modern-windows-8-apps/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi
From some time when i run modern UI application a few second i see logo this app and next is minimalized to taskbar. 
When i click this app on taskbar i see logo app just a moment and again minimalized to taskbar.
I noticed this started when i installed update KB2959977 and KB2919355. Uinstalling this update give nothing.
What can i do?

Sorry for my english. I'm still learning

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541352/modern-ui-application-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys So I live in Ireland and when installing Windows I set some language choices to Irish keyboard and date Windows wrong language Apps Modern title Changing UI installation - after have time but language to English UK In previous installations of Windows such as Windows this did not make apps show up Changing language after installation - Windows Modern UI Apps have wrong title with Irish language titles After removing Ireland from the Language options gt Control Panel - Language some apps went back to displaying in English But other Modern UI Changing language after installation - Windows Modern UI Apps have wrong title apps like the news still show up in Irish titles Have I missed a setting of some sort I have attached a screenshot of my language options just in-case i'm missing something PS I have already rebooted a few times since changing these options Thanks EDIT Fixed The latest batch of Windows updates seems to have kicked it back into English Thanks anyway nbsp Screenshot AM jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Screenshot AM jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp metroScreen AM jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Changing language after installation - Windows Modern UI Apps have wrong title

Hi,
Glad to hear / read that all is well
Stay well and surf  safe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535265/changing-language-after-installation-windows-modern-ui-apps-have-wrong-title/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I am attempting to open up a project in Adobe Premiere Pro CC that contains RED footage in it, but my computer always crashes when doing so. I am able to open up projects that do not contain RED footage, but even those projects are very laggy when I attempt to edit them.

Based on my system specs, http://imgur.com/MVlBTfK , what upgrades to my computer would help make RED footage easier to handle? I am editing off of the "Reason" Drive: http://imgur.com/gXG0hKQ

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrades-to-my-computer-to-edit-red-footage.1156928/
Relevancy 32.68%

My modern apps no longer will run in my windows 8.1 Pro laptop.
The two that I use are Microsoft Solitaire Collection and the Weather app.
I don't want to uninstall and reinstall them (also for the umteenth time), because I DO NOT want to lose my Solitaire collection stats, 500 wins out of 500 plays in Freecell.
What to do!
I know it's just a stupid game, but, still, there should be some way to fix this without having to uninstall and reinstall, again!
Or, if there is a way to preserve the stats in an uninstall/reinstall scenario, that would work for me.  In the past, the stats get reset in an uninstall/reinstall of Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Charles S. Cotton

A:My "Modern" Apps have stopped running for the umteenth time in my Windows 8.1 Pro

The answer turns out to be quite simple.  When I added the "Authenticated Users" user in the security tab for my Users folder, and propagated the changes down through the directory tree, any folder that had the ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES (or
some other metro based user account) user got hosed.  (The ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES user got dropped).
This, combined with the fact that, I guess, the metro apps run under some user other than the logged in user or depend on a software component that does the same, AND that when folder access is denied to the metro app, the program just closes with no error
message, created the problem.
I understand that the metro app programmers are just too cool to need to bother with such error popups ...
Once ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is added, the metro apps start working again!

Charles S. Cotton

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa1f6a3d-a702-4091-bd85-c1c06de2daf2/my-quotmodernquot-apps-have-stopped-running-for-the-umteenth-time-in-my-windows-81-pro?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 77.4%

I am attaching my dell 5010 file. Is it the driver what do u think?
best regards,
Ruslan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385772-bsod-playing-call-duty-4-modern-warfare.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all,
We have some workstations running Windows 8 that we would like to get upgraded to 8.1. We originally deployed Windows 8 using a customized image with all the Modern UI apps removed, e.g. Mail, Calendar, People, Maps, News, Food & Drink, Health &
Fitness, Reading List, etc. I've run the upgrade on a test machine using "Setup.exe /auto:upgrade" as documented at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/dn744271.aspx and it works; however, all the Modern UI apps are re-installed. 
Is there a way to perform this upgrade without all the apps installing, or, at the very least, not have the icons appear on the user's Start menu?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1b356fda-9893-4c11-b66b-609222814128/upgrade-from-windows-8-to-81-without-the-modern-ui-apps-installing?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 37.84%

I got Tropico 5 last Christmas and the multiplayer never worked on my internet. I had a laptop and it wouldn't work, I went to my friends house and it worked fine there. All my other games connect fine on my internet and work fine. I checked windows firewall and it said it's aloud. On my new pc it still doesn't work so I've tried 2 different computers on my internet and it doesn't work but it will work on my friends internet. Please help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tropico-5-wont-connect-to-multiplayer.1160856/
Relevancy 32.68%

I was wondering if there was *some* way to launch Modern apps with the "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center", or whether there's a Modern version of "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center" in the works.

Is there some sort of command or something that can be put into the "Open a program, webpage, or file" field?

If nothing else, is there a program that can be launched that can automatically launch a metro app?

Thanks.

A:Launching Modern apps with "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center"....

I was wondering if there was *some* way to launch Modern apps with the "Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center"

The only method that I have seen is using macros.  E.g. find the minimal, most reliable method of using the Start Screen to do whatever it is that you want to do via the keyboard, then express that sequence by a macro and assign it to an "unused"
function key.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d039ec3-5567-4c53-95f8-0cd6507a9ecd/launching-modern-apps-with-quotmicrosoft-mouse-and-keyboard-centerquot?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

I?m using a 3D cadcam package to run a cnc machine tool. It?s a 2009 version and will run on nothing newer than windows vista as an operating system. I have looked at second hand systems but would rather locate a new machine. Can anyone help? I'm looking for a 17? laptop that comes with Windows V

A:Modern laptop required with a vista operating system.

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is to get any pc and then run Vista under free virtual box as this will run any o/s its simple to do lots of support and free so you can have a fast modern pc with latest windows and use it for cad when needed It maybe the only way to do it as you may have problems getting drivers for vista for a modern pc this way its better as you get more power for cad and VB has all the drivers for vista etc. https://www.virtualbox.org/

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/123233-modern-laptop-required-vista-operating-system.html
Relevancy 39.99%

The new GeForce Game Ready Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Ready of Driver Duty: GeForce Now Available Advanced Game Call Warfare WHQL drivers are now available to download automatically through GeForce Experience and from GeForce com With performance optimizations and a SLI profile the new GeForce Game Ready Call of Duty Advanced Warfare drivers are a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare GeForce Game Ready Driver Available Now recommended update for players of the first-person shooter In addition to Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare GeForce Game Ready Driver Available Now support our new drivers include all of the optimizations and improvements Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare GeForce Game Ready Driver Available Now from our recent GeForce Game Ready WHQL drivers and of course support forDynamic Super Resolution DSR technology on GeForce GTX and Series GeForce GTX graphics cards If you re playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare you ve no doubt seen the in-game Supersampling option which improves image quality considerably However in our own testing we found DSR to offer an even better picture with less aliasing clearer textures better surface detail and improved fidelity all round You can learn how to manually enable DSR here or you can activate it automatically in Advanced Warfare s campaign through GeForce Experience s Optimal Playable Settings Optimize button multiplayer and co-op Optimal Playable Settings are coming soon You can download the new GeForce Game Ready Call of Duty Advanced Warfare drivers Source nbsp

A:Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare GeForce Game Ready Driver Available Now

Hi Adhit Prakosho

Thanks for the info, just successfully updated to the latest version 344.60

Tony

https://malwaretips.com/threads/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-geforce-game-ready-driver-available-now.36724/
Relevancy 32.25%

I've posted this on another forum but would like to get opinions from this group as well.

I'm curious. Why would anyone go to the trouble of developing or updating a Windows "modern" app considering the current environment. As I understand it, the current "Universal" app was supposed to bridge the environments between Windows Phone, Windows RT and regular Windows. It appears Windows RT has no future except for a trivial update that will come in October. Also, it appears that Microsoft is not being fully honest when they promise new Lumia phones, but then fired most if not all of the phone development team. Windows 10 appears to have deprecated touch. So what is left? Where do Windows Universal Apps really fit into the grand scheme of things? Is there any particular reason to develop apps in an environment that is so restrictive?

A:Discussion: Are Windows "Modern" Apps of any value?

My observation, from seeing the changes introduced in Win10 from the Insiders program is that MS is obsessed with the Metro UI -- and wants EVERYTHING to take on that look and feel, period. I don't use a Windows phone and don't have a current Windows tablet -- so I have no use for a one-size-fits-all UI experience. That means, I have no real love for the Metro UI.

Plus, MS is clearly choosing looks over features -- when they swapped out a fully functioning IE browser for a half-baked Edge replacement. And now, other app developers are jumping on the same bandwagon with VideoLAN producing a Store version of VLC -- which, folks have said -- (like Edge) does not have the functionality of its "legacy app" counterpart.

MS's end plan is probably to have everyone using apps from their Store -- so they can control the content, and ALSO, so they can charge folks for new apps and for upgrades. They're pushing their subscription model onto their Office products, wouldn't surprise me if they did this on their Store apps, as well.

One of the frequent questions on the Win10 forums is how to uninstall these Store apps -- and from what I've read, it's very difficult (if not impossible) to do. So, folks end up disabling them, instead.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/70943-discussion-windows-modern-apps-any-value.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I play games a lot, and sometimes take video with my friends in MSI Afterburner so we can see it later. But MSI Afterburner makes HUGE files when recording. What program should I use to render this raw footage and make it smaller, but still high quality?

A:How should I render gameplay footage?

Which kind of video file does it make ? You could use some converter to shrink them but any conversion to smaller file requires applying different codec and some quality loss.
Here's some programs that can be used for that. Download Converters Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/51104-how-should-i-render-gameplay-footage.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Using W10 and I am really impressed with it so far. The issue I am having is that I have tried using my normal recording software which is Xsplit but it wont record, neither will Fraps, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Recording Game Footage

Hello KevinR Welcome to the Ten Forums! (quite a bit late unfortunately)

Recording full screen game play or windowed mode play? is the question of the day! Here the effort to find one besides the Open Broadcaster Software strictly open source pc recorder where you have to add in a source first allows you to live stream or record mp4 files not avi which will easily play back on Windows Media Player as well as a number. It lacks one option however. PAUSE!

When going to pause with most recorders found on the web so far you only see the stop option while several offer hot keys while in a full screen game play to start and stop. Only a few free and paid for seem to include the pause option like Camstudio being a freeware. But when running a Steam title despite the hot keys option being used all it records is the desktop with the full screen game minimized to the taskbar! A spinning wheel where you would normally see the cursor is all you get!

Out of several trials as well as a number of freebies the Open Broadcaster Software program has been the only one that actually not only records the game full screen but allows you to monitor the feed. You can assign where to save captures as well as changed the name for each recording while the game is paused in case of recording segments only or not wanting to see Recording, Recording(1), Recording(2), etc. This one is not only a ffreebie but offers a multiple platform as well as the original where you can choose the OS. Open Broadcaster Software - Download

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/4284-recording-game-footage.html
Relevancy 36.98%

It all started when I tried to use the calculator I pressed the calculator key on my keyboard but the calculator app didn't open It just flashed on the screen I tried again but no luck I googled and found this I re-registered the apps and reboot my computer Calculator didn't work nor did any other apps I also discovered that all apps had strange names For example store is something like Microsoft WindowsStore etc br I tried re-registering and rebooting again Trying to open calculator with keyboard gives an error My OS is not in English but I try to translate it quot You need a new application to open link type calculator quot br br Is there anything I can do but a clean install of Windows blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs Windows apps Modern broken. a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type PC Desktop System Manufacturer Model Number DIY OS Windows CPU i - K Motherboard Gigabyte Z -D H Memory Gb Graphics Card GTX

A:Modern Windows apps broken.

I find when there is a pending update to the modern windows apps they won't work correctly. Then navigate to store and generally can see an update waiting. It then updates and seems to work fine. I've had it before where photos or calculator flash on screen and then disappear. I then see the updates are lurking. So basically a looming update seems to break functionality until you actually go and update.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/34258-modern-windows-apps-broken.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Community

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and for over a month now all my modern applications are not working (crash)

I have over time tried a couple of solutions but nothing solves my problem.

Steps I've already tried to solve the issue are as follows; Windows updates and restart,
System restore, 
Delete the Cache content, and run the wsreset.exe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b6759d2-a71e-459d-a273-a12d3de6077c/all-modern-apps-not-working-store-photo-calculator-etc-on-windows-10-enterprise?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post it to, but I want to build a PC and I have chosen the parts.
I'd like to ask you how well would this pc run GTA V, FC 4, Fallout 4 etc on ULTRA settings with 144hz monitor?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JJ72vK
There are the specs. All feedback is welcomed
If there is anything I should change or add please tell me.

Relevancy 36.98%

I created desktop icons for the People, Money, News and Weather apps in my user account. These initially appear with the correct icon but when I log off and log in again, the icons are blank. How can I ensure the correct icon is displayed?

A:Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?

Hi, how did you try to create the shortcuts?
Whilst you can create them by dragging them from the Win 10 start menu, when I tried that a couple of months back, as you say, some went blank.

Here's another way to create such shortcuts you might consider:
How to Create Shortcuts for Modern UI Apps in Windows 8.1 | SumTips
Note that you have to manually assign the icon, though, so you would need a suitable source.

For interest: Classic shell offers the ability to show a full folder of modern apps as part of a conventional start menu.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34958-modern-desktop-icons-blank.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I created desktop icons for the People, Money, News and Weather apps in my user account. These initially appear with the correct icon but when I log off and log in again, the icons are blank. How can I ensure the correct icon is displayed?

A:Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?

Hi, how did you try to create the shortcuts?
Whilst you can create them by dragging them from the Win 10 start menu, when I tried that a couple of months back, as you say, some went blank.

Here's another way to create such shortcuts you might consider:
How to Create Shortcuts for Modern UI Apps in Windows 8.1 | SumTips
Note that you have to manually assign the icon, though, so you would need a suitable source.

For interest: Classic shell offers the ability to show a full folder of modern apps as part of a conventional start menu.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34958-modern-desktop-icons-blank.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I've encounter that all of my windows 10 apps cannot launch. I click them in the start menu but without response.
I've executed powershell command

Code:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
bui it doesn't help. Is there any log i can check where is going wrong?

A:Windows modern app won't launch even after powershell command fix

Did i ask a silly question? Or it's impossible to fix? Do i have to reinstall windows?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35617-windows-modern-app-wont-launch-even-after-powershell-command-fix.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey I'm the owner of a SB Already a first time my start menu doesnt appeared I lost a full day one night to fix the bug SFC scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp www apps Modern crash store) (including windows urtech ca solved- in- -minutes seemingly the bug always existed but Microsoft just leave it like oftenly This worked but as I couldn't access to my installed modern apps except directly from the store all modern apps diseapeared from all app lists and from search I finaly restore to an prior restore point This worked but I experienced the bug A SECOND but the method again but lose all access to modern apps so I try a restore point but the only available seemingly the OS keep just save was even more buggy So Modern apps crash (including windows store) I tried few codes that we find on internet to reinstall all apps and that we put in powershell Modern apps crash (including windows store) Heres the code Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot like this I also do nfc scannow or something like that which didn't work even with restore health but who finaly worked after I use an modified ISO but without fix anything But now I'm thinking that after days of my life waste I don't find the solution my problem I just can't launch the majority of modern apps and livetile doesn't work also the majority show just only one color in their tiles with weird title as microsoft etc On other accounts windows store show splash screen before crash and other moderns apps seems to work I don't want to create a new account and obviously neither resethttp imgur com gfHHTQ Thanks if you read me

A:Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Hi, Using
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest*.xml"}
in the last few weeks breaks a number of universal apps, alas.

Recovery: Either
a. restore from a recent disk image (Everyone needs to use disk imaging as Windows is easily broken)
or (if you haven't yet started to use disk imaging)
b. an in-place upgrade repair install (which keeps everything)
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36419-modern-apps-crash-including-windows-store.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey I'm the owner of a SB Already a first time my start menu doesnt appeared I lost a full day one night to fix the bug SFC scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp www urtech ca apps Modern (including windows store) crash solved- Modern apps crash (including windows store) in- -minutes seemingly the bug always existed but Microsoft just leave it like oftenly This worked but as I couldn't access to my Modern apps crash (including windows store) installed modern apps except directly from the store all modern apps diseapeared from all app lists and from search I finaly restore to an Modern apps crash (including windows store) prior restore point This worked but I experienced the bug A SECOND but the method again but lose all access to modern apps so I try a restore point but the only available seemingly the OS keep just save was even more buggy So I tried few codes that we find on internet to reinstall all apps and that we put in powershell Heres the code Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot like this I also do nfc scannow or something like that which didn't work even with restore health but who finaly worked after I use an modified ISO but without fix anything But now I'm thinking that after days of my life waste I don't find the solution my problem I just can't launch the majority of modern apps and livetile doesn't work also the majority show just only one color in their tiles with weird title as microsoft etc On other accounts windows store show splash screen before crash and other moderns apps seems to work I don't want to create a new account and obviously neither resethttp imgur com gfHHTQ Thanks if you read me

A:Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Hi, Using
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest*.xml"}
in the last few weeks breaks a number of universal apps, alas.

Recovery: Either
a. restore from a recent disk image (Everyone needs to use disk imaging as Windows is easily broken)
or (if you haven't yet started to use disk imaging)
b. an in-place upgrade repair install (which keeps everything)
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36419-modern-apps-crash-including-windows-store.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi As the post title suggests I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet and the other half won't Desktop apps like Chrome Steam Outlook iTunes etc all work connecting desktop apps apps Modern not fine. to internet, connect to the internet fine but any of the Windows apps like Xbox Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. Store and most frustratingly Settings will not connect In my Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. network Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. and sharing centre in the control panel it says 'You are not connected to any networks' - but in the system tray and in the settings app it shows me as connected to my home wi-fi I am on a desktop and using a USB wireless adapter I don't think the adapter is the problem as I have tried it on another desktop in our house on Windows and it worked fine Curiously also when I click 'Adapter settings' in the control panel it shows the wifi connection I've tried updating the drivers for the wireless adapter both through the Windows update and adapter website but to no avail and as I mentioned it seems the adapter works fine elsewhere I've updated manually to the latest Windows Pro build i've done a DNS flush I've tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus I've tried disabling startup apps I've done a clean install of Windows and still am unable to fix the issue If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great I'm happy to provide any more information if people need it Thanks very much

A:Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.In the list of services, click DNS Client.Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36508-modern-apps-not-connecting-internet-desktop-apps-work-fine.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm more curious about this than anything because I just wasted and hour to figure it out. If I disable the DNS Client Service on Windows 8.1 it seems to break a lot of Modern apps. If it's set to start manually, some Modern apps trigger it to start.

Do Modern apps make queries directly to the DNS Client Service or something weird?

A:What's the deal with Modern apps and DNS Client Service?

Yeah I came across this just now, and was diagnosing the firewall and know the exact cause.

So when dns client is enabled, all dns requests are routed via it, meaning applications do not need specific udp port 53 internet access.
If the dns client is disabled any internet application that wants to do a dns lookup will need outbound udp port 53 traffic allowed.

Now there is some undocumented behaviour going on.

There is hidden WSH Network hardened rules in the windows firewall, these rules are "always" enabled. Regardless of default outbound state in the windows firewall. (allow rules also wont allow the traffic)
So the default windows firewall configuration is to require allow rules for inbound traffic and allow all outbound traffic.
However there is hidden rules that block certain traffic Microsoft decided to block, and it seems wermgr.exe which is used by metro apps, cannot send out dns traffic, the hardened rules block it.

My gut guess is this is a bug that is yet to be fixed. Because the vast majority of people (well over 99%) will have dns client service enabled in its default state.

Interestingly the hidden rules still kick in if you disable the firewall in the advanced UI. The only way to stop the rules is to actually disable the firewall service which is obviously not recommended, meaning the sane choice is either to keep dns client enabled, dont use modern apps or use a 3rd party software firewall in place of the windows firewall.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38735-whats-deal-modern-apps-dns-client-service.html
Relevancy 41.71%

several stop error crashes when running an app on all graphical settings (armored Warfare)
dm collection attached

A:IRQL not less or equal when running Armored Warfare

The dumpfiles mentioned ndis.sys.
This points to network related problem.
Armored Warfare is a Online game.
You have Railink Wireless Adapter USB with driver from jun 2014 this could be the cause of the BSOD.
Please update to a windows 10 compatible driver, else remove. And see if this stops the BSOD.

Did you already update to the windows 10 drivers from your supportpage http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X79%2...oad&os=Win1064

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37203-irql-not-less-equal-when-running-armored-warfare.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I need Techniques Crimes and Modern Cyber for Utilities Detecting your help here Recently I participate a volunteer research project everyone in my institute should participate at least one of such projects In the project the task assigned to me is to list some the more the better modern techniques and utilities network utilities security softwares etc that can be used by the police and Modern Utilities and Techniques for Detecting Cyber Crimes or government to detect prevent the crimes in the cyber space For each technique utility we only need to provide a short introduction of sentences I do not need to write a long Modern Utilities and Techniques for Detecting Cyber Crimes article I should say I am not familiar with this area but I believe some members here should be experts in this field I would appreciate it if you could provide me any materials research papers new reports blogs forum posts on this topic Thanks P S As mentioned in What is Cyber Crime cyber crimes have the following three forms The computer as a target - attacking the computers of others spreading viruses is an example The computer as a weapon - using a computer to commit quot traditional crime quot that we see in the physical world such as fraud or illegal gambling The computer as an accessory - using a computer as a quot fancy filing cabinet quot to store illegal or stolen information Please note that here we mainly consider the first two kinds of crimes not all these three Furthermore I need to find some detailed techniques utilities not general concepts For example Instruction Detection System IDS is more like a quot general concept quot while using the program quot tcpdump quot to classify packets is more like a quot detailed quot technique that can be used by IDS described in wiki Both proactive tools and passive tools would be acceptable Thanks nbsp

A:Modern Utilities and Techniques for Detecting Cyber Crimes

Take a look here, for starters:
List of digital forensics tools - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What you are looking for, generally, is software utilities that facilitate the methodology of computer-assisted cyber-forensics, so looking up software related to "cybersecurity forensics" or simply "forensics" in Google or in your search engine of preference, should generate many relevant results which you can research.

I am currently away from my PC but I will attempt to enumerate a good number of such tools in a later post of mine in this thread, once I get back to my computer.

Very interesting topic for a thread, by the way.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/modern-utilities-and-techniques-for-detecting-cyber-crimes.55256/
Relevancy 79.98%

yesterday i downloaded the game and i did everything it need to be done...it took me one hour and a half exctracting the files and stuff...now when i try to open the game it says some error "Could not find zone 'code_pre_gfx.ff'
i got to the zone foldor there's a file like it but whith a "patch_" before it so i delete the "patch_" from the title of the file but it give me another error:
"Could not load default asset 'codescripts/$default' for asset type 'rawfile'.
Tried to load asset 'default.cfg'."
i uploaded the screen shot

A:CoD Modern Warfare 2: won't start up! =(

Hello Mahde

Welcome back....You can click on Posting screenshots in my signature and follow the instructions.

I have marked your thread as open to attract the attention of our Tech team and talented forum members,someone will be with you shortly.

Regards,

Airman24.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/59292-cod-modern-warfare-2-wont-start-up.html
Relevancy 79.12%

im getting an error when i load mw2 and now the game wont even load.

error message: could not load default asset 'codescripts/$default' for asset type 'raw file'. tried to load asset 'default_mp.cfg'.

i looked up solutions online and it says that its the pirated eddition but i bought it on steam. i have uninstalled and reinstalled atleast 2 times, if anyone knows how to fix this please help.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/128162-modern-warfare-2-error-message-bug.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys I remember the feature on Windows where you could choose quot Hide icon and notifications quot which would well hide both the icons and notifications I know you can easily hide the icon for non-Modern Metro programs by just dragging it to the area inside the icon I've done that for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but yet if it blocks something I still get a nagging notification saying it did so For the time being I've just turned notifications off inside of MBAM as it gives that option but not every "Hide non-Modern for and option icon programs? notification" program lets you do that A "Hide icon and notification" option for non-Modern programs? lot just force the notifications on you When I look in Settings it says quot no apps have requested notifications yet quot because I assume that only applies to Metro Modern apps Other programs sort-of have their own way of doing it Or WILL they for sure show up in Settings if they use the quot normal quot Windows notification method MBAM does its notifications differently from most but I remember that in Windows I COULD get rid of them just by choosing quot hide icon and notifications quot from the Windows options

A:"Hide icon and notification" option for non-Modern programs?

Hi, it took me a while to understand quite what you were referring to.. I think the same functionality is there, just rather oddly available between a mix of rt click on the taskbar and part of Settings, as shown:

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38874-hide-icon-notification-option-non-modern-programs.html
Relevancy 36.98%

So I had a problem this working... apps modern 10 Windows not morning regarding the modern apps icons they were all blank whichever app I ran Then I tried to fix them following this article BEST FIX Windows Store Icon Windows 10 modern apps not working... Missing - Appuals com But it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows Apps I can't even run sfc scannow it fails the verification phase When I search for for example quot calculator quot in search bar it finds the app but it's called Microsoft WindowsCalculator etc When I run it nothing happens br What can I do blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type PC Desktop OS Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i K Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z Memory Kingston HyperX Beast GB Graphics Card nVidia GTX ASUS GTX -DC - GD

A:Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Do a system restore. Pick a date that is 2 to 3 days ago as your restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/39354-windows-10-modern-apps-not-working.html
Relevancy 79.12%

In the Sticky Thread quot List of Games working on Windows Technical Preview start Modern 3 Warfare dont 2 and quot people are saying that MW and MW are working on Win But its not working for me After I start the game i get a black screen for a few seconds and then Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start i get back to the desktop without any error message or something like that I play many games on Win and every game is working flawless Only MW and MW arent working Both games are using the same engine so i think the solution should be the same for both games I already tried to run the games in compability mode but this time i get the message quot iw mp exe has stopped working quot Also i already tried to run as admin An actual Catalyst Control Center was already included in the Technical Preview I installed a few directx patches but they dont helped me When I start quot dxdiag quot the programm is crashing After a restart I get a message if i want to skip the Direct D Test to avoid another crash After i Click Yes its shows that Direct D Accelerate is not available

A:Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start

Both MW2 and MW3 work fine for me in build 9926.

What are your system specs?

Vlad.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/4435-modern-warfare-2-3-dont-start.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've been reading a lot about archival storage and it's kind of a depressing read At this point in time it appears that just about every archival storage medium has one or several major weaknesses Obviously redundancy can and should be used to supplement Storage -- modern seems like are lacking! It options Archival Data all these inherent limitations but that still is not ideal I would like to know what y'all use for your archival storage I have about GB of data I would like to save to a medium and then lock that medium inside my fire resistant tool resistant and torch resistant safe About GB of this would be considered of greatest importance because it contains pictures and videos of friends family and pet family members that are no longer with me I can deal with losing almost everything else but not this I have also been thinking about just how long I would use an archival medium before transferring the data to a newer technology that may very well be yet to be invented At a certain point outdated storage systems have to be replaced by necessity So I am going to guess this figure for me would be - years It might be sooner if a superior storage technology comes out but it might be later should no better products come to market or should whatever storage medium I select winds up sticking around in the future So here is a list of what I have been reading about and an explanation of the pros cons and limitations of each If I am wrong on any of these please correct me as I want to learn everything I can when it comes to archival storage m-Disk While extremely durable the costs are very high and User Reviews of m-Disk products are consistently poor While rated for years many Users are reporting major issues with burning and reading the m-Disks and have noted that many quot M-disk capable quot burners can be very Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking! finicky That makes me uneasy given years down the road it might be very hard to find something that can read that m-Disk should optical disks disappear Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking! completely Verbatim UltraLife DV-R or other archival-grade DV-R While only gb these have superior ratings than m-disk Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking! and are more affordable While advertised as only th the longevity of m-Disk this is still years and so it's at a point where disk-based media will become completely obsolete long before I face degrades in data quality I mention the Verbatim UltraLife by name because it seems to have the best reputation among all DV-R archival disks and a reasonable price to go along with it As of right now I am leaning in this direction as the best option because I already have several external DVD burners BluRay BD-R amp Future TB Archival-Grade BluRay The and GB capacity is appealing compared to the smaller DV-R as is the intent to take BluRay disks to sizes of and GB and those large sizes will all be archival quality intended to work well for at least years On the downside I would need to buy a BluRay burner and I imagine most existing burners will NOT be able to burn the GB BR disks Further these massive sized disks have NOT been released to the public yet and so there is no guarantee that they will work well for archival storage and until that type of product is formally released there isn't complete certainty about its future MLC Flash media Most of my experience with TLC NAND has left me very displeased and so I have switched to only using MLC eMLC or SLC I have several GB Samsung PRO microSD cards and several Transcend SD cards both of which use MLC NAND and are superior to most TLC alternatives Beyond writing - x faster than most TLC cards I feel the MLC NAND Samsung is using is of extremely high quality tier and will have better reliability and endurance alike The biggest downside seems that without power the data may get corrupted due to a slow loss of el... Read more

A:Archival Data Storage -- It seems like all modern options are lacking!

The longest lasting archival medium is paper. Some of it lasted for over 2000 years.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39949-archival-data-storage-seems-like-all-modern-options-lacking.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all! I have just upgraded to windows 10. A quick visit in the windows store revealed that a few of the apps that I have installed already are also available as modern apps (i.e. QQ, onenote etc.) which makes me wonder if there is any performance boost in using modern apps over desktop ones or vice versa? Thanks!

A:Modern app vs Desktop app

Hello mx900 and welcome to the TenForums

There is no general rule of thumb on this; often the modern apps lack some of the functionality of the desktop apps but this is not always the case. I think you have to experiment and see. I have found OneNote to be good as the modern app, the Dropbox app is not so good for me as it does not sync with my desktop folders.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41996-modern-app-vs-desktop-app.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I've experienced BSOD while installing Armored Warfare and transferring large files from one partition to another. I haven't had the luck to finish the installation of Armored Warfare because it will always go BSOD. My computer also sometimes freezes while transferring files. Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392258-bsod-while-installing-armored-warfare-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi nbsp Looking to purchase the Aspire R - T nbsp However want it to support Win for Acer Aspire R5-471T Modern support Standby (S0... Modern Standby S Low Power Idle nbsp This is the modern variant of connected standby instango and allows notifications to Acer Aspire R5-471T support for Modern Standby (S0... be recieved while Acer Aspire R5-471T support for Modern Standby (S0... the device is asleep and for Alarm apps to wake the laptop nbsp Looked at one of the laptops today and ran the command powercfg a to check the supported sleep states nbsp Says that S low power idle is not supported by the firmware nbsp I tested a number of current Skylake based laptops from HP and Toshiba and appears none of them Acer Aspire R5-471T support for Modern Standby (S0... are currently supporting this sleep state nbsp As I understand it the hardware in this laptop should support this sleep state nbsp I understand that a bunch of OEMs may have disabled this mode because Windows didn't support it properly nbsp However Surface Pro has recently had its sleep issues fixed so assume this is now working in Windows nbsp Would like to know if the R - T is capable of supporting this sleep mode and if it is is Acer is going to issue a firmware update to support the Modern Standly sleep state nbsp

A:Acer Aspire R5-471T support for Modern Standby (S0...

Hi fire-fly,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for your question, but it does sound like a good idea if the technology is catching up. I would like to suggest taking a look at our Idea's platform (linked up top) and submitting this there. This is a great way for you to  find other users who are looking for these features and to show us how important these features are.

Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R5-471T-support-for-Modern-Standby-S0-low-power-idle/td-p/420098/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,

This morning when I first started my computer my TrackPoint was unresponsive (I could not move the mouse) for few second but the TouchPad was working fine.

After rebooting I had the same problem. I checked the Event Viewer and I had 2 Error on Application log for Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exe 

1- .NET Runtime Error Application: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319 . At LenovoAudioPlugin.AudioAccess.RunCustomMonitor

2- Application Error Faulting application name: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exe, version: 1.0.72.0,

I have checked all my Lenovo applications and they are working fine except the TrackPoint freeze.

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Sepy

Moderator comment: Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places as it splinters the discussion. Duplicate(s) removed.

A:Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exe Error o...

Had this on my X1C 1st gen and my P70, its a dodgy hotfix not applying correctly from Microsoft Visual C++, stop the windows update service then clear c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download directory, reboot and force the system to look for updates, eventually it will install correctly and the problem goes away.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Modern-ImController-PluginHost-exe-Error-on-ThinkPad-P70/td-p/2264233
Relevancy 36.55%

I have seen a number of posts regarding this problem:  Task Manager shows multiple listings of this item.  It is a memory and CPU hog, but apparently not a necessary system function. I have tried the fix of deleting the files in Windows/Software Distribution/Download, turning off Windows update and rebooting.  Does not make a difference. It does not seem from prior posts that Lenovo wants to take responsibility for this under warranty as it is a "software issue". Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  It makes my tablet nearly useless.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-2-Persistent-issues-with-quot-quot-Lenovo-Modern/td-p/3288845
Relevancy 36.98%

Computer: ThinkCentre M72eOS: Windows 10 After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 Lenovo Companion 2/Lenovo Support apps nagged me to download and install System Interface Foundation (systeminterfacefoundation.exe). Since doing this, I see  Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exe taking 15% of the CPU (constantly).  Aside from uninstalling System Interface Foundation, does anyone have a fix for this? Not sure what the process is doing with 15% of the CPU as it just uses 8MB of memory and zero disc access. Thanks Christopher

A:Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exe 15% cpu

I have this problem too. Eight (8) instances of Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost are running when the computer is idle. This is not good. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Lenovo-Modern-ImController-PluginHost-exe-15-cpu/td-p/2164118
Relevancy 36.98%

I was so irritated by Windows 8, that I completely removed all of the apps, and disabled 'Metro' as much as possible.

I now need Microsoft Store to install the Windows 8.1 update.

How can I do this without a complete reinstall?

A:How to get the Windows 8 Apps and enable Modern UI

This should be helpful for you:

[Windows 8 Recovery & Repair|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03ES0000R01.htm]

Probably the best choice would be the option ?Refresh your PC?
You could refresh the system without loosing your files.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73943-How-to-get-the-Windows-8-Apps-and-enable-Modern-UI
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone, I have a little problem with Modern Apps on Windows 10, they can't connect to the proxy server when I am using its url, ej "proxy.*.com" but they connect fine if I use the proxy IP.
The DNS Client is running and tried flushing the DNS Cache but it didn't solved the issue.
What could the problem be?
Thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48782-modern-apps-cant-connect-proxy-server.html
Relevancy 36.98%

my pc is running out of memory and crashing , when i look up the tak manager I can see a huge number of lenovo.modern.imcontroller.pluginhost version running. when  i google it i see lots of people saying i can buy malware software to remove it - so is it a virus?, is there anyway to delete it? what should i do

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/HELP-lenovo-modern-imcontroller-pluginhost-is-it-a-virus/td-p/3318179
Relevancy 79.98%

Mw3 Multiplayer is the only game I can not get to play I can play single player just fine when I go to load Multiplayer it will freeze my computer and give me a 124 error which I know every thing is fine on my system.
I can play star wars wow diablo3 cod4 sonic generation With out any problems. Thanks if any one can help
this been happening ever since Free weekend this year I was able to play and yes My video card is up to date

computer specs
fx 4100 quad core stock
amd entertainment 4g
Radeon 6570 1g iceQ
Crosair 430 wat psu journeymen 80+
MSI 760GM p23 mother bored- Tends to over heat on some games
300g 5400 rpm WD hard drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/modern-warfare-3-crashes-647028.html
Relevancy 76.54%

HI, i have a HP laptop with windows XP service pack 3 and just installed Modern Warfare 2. Now when i go to play i click on single player and it goes to the intro the freezes. SO i hit task manager and end the unresponsive program and then a blue screen pops up for half a second then windows restarts. After i boot up i get the Windows has recovered from a serious error ...... What can i do? It's also a hospital laptop. I really need help...Thanks

A:Windows Reboots when in the middle of Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2

Go into your BIOS and turn off anything that says reboot on error.

I can't remember if this is Halt on All Errors or Halt on None or something like that. Your BIOS may not have this option, which would be a shame... but that would at least get us the bluescreen you're looking at which would help us to diagnose your problem.

What are the specifications for your system?
How awesome is your CPU?
Your RAM?
Your Video Card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-reboots-when-in-the-middle-of-call-of-duty-6-modern-warfare-2-a-433803.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok I have battlefield 2 and 2142 and am wondering if there is anyway to install it on 2 computers so me and my bro can play online togeather?

A:battlefield multiplayer issues

hello ,

you would btter off posting in the forum for games here at this site

you will get a faster response

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/battlefield-multiplayer-issues-213077.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi as part of my IT job I am often to record my work on an issue with Windows Media Encoder I work on a VM with Win SP So far so good except that today I noticed neither of the movies I made was longer than seconds Seems like only the first seconds of footage are saved This is absolutely baffling to me since yesterday I made a minute and a half video that was fully visible - just the last in a long list of videos I've made as part of the job - and I had not changed any settings for the program in the mean time I deinstalled and reinstalled it but that didn't fix this issue also restarted the VM as part of the deinstallation I also had a quick look through the options without changing anything and there's no limit on size the movies are small with the custom compression too that minutes' movie is only MB large Would any whiz please take a crack at this I probably won't need to make any more movies until Monday but once Monday comes this would be an increasingly problematic issue and I don't trust my colleagues to be able to help solve it on time

A:Windows Media Encoder 9 records only up to 5 seconds of footage

Hi on a quick look at this it sounds like it has defaulted to the 5 second buffer size Blogs - John Howard - Senior Program Manager in the Hyper-V team at Microsoft - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
Hopefully you can pick up some help from the links Microsoft Windows Media - Zero to HD in 60 Seconds

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-encoder-9-records-only-up-to-5-seconds-of-footage-961961.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi !
I've got a big problem with Call Of Duty MW2. When I want to reduce the game (to answer to a call on Skype...)(alt + tab...), I can't open it again without crashing.
I wonder what's going on :/

Sorry for my bad english, but I'm french.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-call-of-duty-modern-warfar-2-a-545608.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I've been playing MW for about a year and have never had a problem with it running I was using XP I recently installed windows bit and after - minutes of gaming I hit a huge Lag wall I will be running and just all of a sudden stop and after about seconds I will move again for a 2 warfare lag, win7 problem. possibly Modern extreme few then stop again and this repeats until I alt tab out and come Modern warfare 2 extreme lag, possibly win7 problem. back and its fine for about a minute then Modern warfare 2 extreme lag, possibly win7 problem. happens again I've read a few things about bit and audio issues Not sure if that is the problem Would I be better off Modern warfare 2 extreme lag, possibly win7 problem. just getting a bit copy My system can MORE than handle it I'm running two ati s e intel Ghz and gb ram I've updated the drivers multiple times I've even reinstalled windows twice and I still get the same problem I've even moved from Nebraska to California and so I know the internet was not the issue didn't move for the game Also I play EVE and Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour and COD for hours and never have a problem Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JOSH-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model EP -UD P BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Q wb Monitor Id VSCA F Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag RV X pci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess St... Read more

A:Modern warfare 2 extreme lag, possibly win7 problem.

Download: http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

Set it running (right-click -> run as administrator), then play MW2. As soon as you get a period of lag alt+tab out and see what is using the most CPU/Memory (or the second most after MW2).

Also see if the Physical Memory usage is close to 100% on the overall system performance graph (press Ctrl + I, it's the last graph on the page).

If possible take a screenshot of the System Information window just after the lag has occurred so I can have a look at it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/modern-warfare-2-extreme-lag-possibly-win7-problem-526663.html
Relevancy 36.98%

You would think that buying a game online that has online multiplayer would be easy to play multiplayer right? Thats what I thought too. And that is where my problem is. I bought TDU from atari.com and It works perfect, But I just cant figure out how to get online on it. I was hoping that someone would have an anwser.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/test-drive-unlimited-online-multiplayer-502560.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys im having terrible trouble playing some multiplayer games online namely call of duty! The first one that runs on my 6 year old dell with xp PERFECT!

Any way iv been through the steps in another posts guid to stop lagging and it helped a little but its still unplayable.

Laptop Specs...
core 2 duo 2ghz 4mb l2 cache 800mb fsb
2gb ram
1gb graphics 758mb dedicated memory Ati Mobility Ration HD 2400 XT hypermemory
intel pro wireless 3495abg ?

and vista home premium 32bit

its fine on single player i can play on the highest performance
but into play online and its jumpy jumpy!! Lagging like crazy!
My bros Pc which is 5 year old on XP Multimedia on the same network has no problems with the game.

Any ideas????

Thanks!

A:Horrible lagging with multiplayer games

Laggy like in low FPS or in high ping?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/horrible-lagging-with-multiplayer-games-297161.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I bought a new Laptop about a month ago, and downloaded Battlefield 4 from Origin
The game seems to run well on medium settings 1360x??? (sorry don't have the exact number)
My question is, When I am in Multiplayer I get like 5 frames per second... it's very choppy.
Is my hardware not able to run this game in MP but fine in Single player??? or is there some kind
of connectivity issue?

Please help! Thanks

A:Multiplayer Shooter

Sounds like a connection issue.

Go to the site: www.speedtest.net and run the test. Please post the photo results when the test is finished.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/multiplayer-shooter-972537.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello all I upgraded to earlier this evening and was greeted by an extremely unpleasant error in that all of my Metro apps have now become non-functional including the Windows Store and the PC Settings apps I have spent the last hours trying numerous solutions to the issue none of which work The only remaining option seems to be to try quot refreshing quot my Laptop but this is not an option as I PC Settings including non-functional "Modern" apps All do not own any Windows Installation media I used the Windows to Windows upgrade offer a few All "Modern" apps including PC Settings non-functional years back so I don't even have an original Windows CD I also really cannot download an ISO as I am currently on satellite internet it took me nearly two days to download the update so I would rather avoid doing that if possible I've checked my file permissions I've tried all of the Powershell commands suggested here and here none of it has worked When I attempt to do the powershell commands I get the following error Code Add-AppxPackage Deployment failed with HRESULT x CFE The package repository is corrupted error - Windows cannot process a deployment operation because the package repository database encountered an ESENT error Use the Reset Your PC feature to recover your PC See the Application event log for messages with ESENT as the event source for more details NOTE For additional information look for ActivityId ebb - ff - -c b-bb ef fcf in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID ebb - ff - -c b-bb ef fcf At line char Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register C WINDOWS WinStore AppxManife CategoryInfo NotSpecified C WINDOWS WinStore AppxManifest XML String Add-AppxPackage Exception FullyQualifiedErrorId DeploymentError Microsoft Windows Appx PackageManager Commands AddAppxPackageCommand There has to be some way to fix this without formatting refreshing Any ideas

A:All "Modern" apps including PC Settings non-functional

Try these suggestions: Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/all-modern-apps-including-pc-settings-non-functional-819482.html
Relevancy 37.41%

When I search for certain programs in the modern UI they don't come up, they don't even come up when I go on all apps. The only one I can open them is by going into C:\Program Files (x86) and finding the program in there. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

A:Cannot find certain programs in the modern UI

I know this isn't really helping but in some cases, they won't show up at all. I've been using Windows 8 on my laptops in beta form, RTM for over a year now and the sad truth is the modern UI is broken.
Example is I usually install SQL 2012 first, then VS 2010. There is no amount of searching display the results. In this example, SQL 2012 uses VS 2010 as a shell. Many things do. In order to open it up, I would have to search for SQL Server Data Tools in order to open up VS because doesn't that just sounds like visual studio?
Silly isn't it.
Do yourself a favor and install a start button

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cannot-find-certain-programs-in-the-modern-ui-678135.html
Relevancy 37.41%

None of my links actually open up to a browser page when I click them in the Modern UI Evernote, Bing Search, XBox Games (including the "Play" link) or any other start screen app that has links. They do work while in the browsers.

I updated from Windows 7 keeping apps and files etc. I had Chrome as the default browser and that basically turned off Modern UI IE, so I made IE the default (and unchecked the use desktop browser to open links) but it still won't open any links.

The little hand over the link just does nothing when I click it.

This is pretty frustrating as it makes my entire start screen sort of "dumb".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/modern-ui-links-dont-work-673468.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Quote There s been so much excitement and energy around the Windows Technical Preview including incredible momentum around the Windows Insider Program where we recently hit million total registrants and over pieces of user-initiated feedback Thank you for signing-up for the program and providing us with your feedback We want Windows to be a reflection of what you need for your business Security Modern for 10: Windows the and Protection World Identity and I couldn t be more thrilled to see that happening In my last blog post I mentioned that I d follow-up in a few key areas Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World Today I d like to focus on security in Windows which has been central to many of the customer conversations I ve had since we announced the availability of the Technical Preview With good reason security and information protection is top of mind for many businesses In today s world the market for cyber-attacks on businesses is wide-reaching and attacks are increasingly high-profile and successful in execution We re seeing network breaches resulting Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World from techniques as simple as username and password theft In a couple of recent cases hackers infiltrated Fortune companies using stolen usernames and passwords which gave them access to point of sale systems and the credit card data being processed with them The attacks resulted in the theft of millions of credit card numbers which quickly ended up in the black market Recently the New York Times reported that billion usernames and passwords were stolen by a single cybercrime organization Which is scary considering there are only about billion people online worldwide These tenacious crime organizations and some nation states aren t the only threat that you re facing Even well-intended employees represent a substantial risk that requires mitigation A report this year from security firm Stroz Friedberg stated that percent of senior managers admit to regularly uploading work files to a personal email or cloud account meanwhile percent of users admit to having accidentally sent sensitive information to the wrong person Windows Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-security-and-identity-protection-for-the-modern-world-910338.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Quote With the introduction of Windows Microsoft is making some fundamental changes to how its software functions Beyond bringing back the Start menu Microsoft will also be making some significant changes to the way the Windows Store works Currently you can only buy 'modern' apps in the Windows Store but that will all soon change thanks to a blog post that was quickly pulled by Microsoft Because of that post we know that non-modern apps will soon be sold in the store Per the blog post The Windows Store will also support more than just modern apps It will add desktop apps as well as other types of digital content We will provide many different ways to pay for apps And we'll provide an 10: apps than Store to more modern Windows Windows support organization store within the public Windows Store where an org can place Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps their own curated list of public apps as well as specific line-of-business apps Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps that their employees need Windows Windows Store to support more than modern apps - Neowin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-windows-store-to-support-more-than-modern-apps-902194.html
Relevancy 37.41%

At the advice of just about everyone I finally have upgraded from IE which I've been quite happy with but which is apparently quot hopelessly outdated quot so I've been told repeatedly Modern Browser Problems even though it did what I wanted fine Sooo after spending a bunch of time trying to decide which direction to go I've installed both IE and Firefox I didn't even know you could run different browsers on the same PC Well admittedly I Modern Browser Problems just installed them yesterday but straight off they both have problems I don't know how Modern Browser Problems to fix IE is giving me grief as follows One- I'm getting a constant window popping up called quot view and manage your IE add ons quot Every time I close it it pops back up I don't know how to make it go away or what it wants me to do exactly Two- IE seems to have a pop up blocker problem Even when I turn the pop up blocker off it still continues to block every pop up even if I set it to the lowest setting In IE there used to be a handy option allowing you to select quot allow pop ups temporarily quot or even quot always allow pop ups from this site quot just by right clicking on the alert bar IE doesn't have this that I can see It does offer the option quot turn pop up blocker off quot but even if I select this option the pop up I need to use continues to be blocked For example one of my online banking sites security verification measures involves the use of a pop up menu where the user must select security information Well I can't log in to that banking site using IE because it will not allow those pop up menus to execute no matter what I do I even tried to add that site to my quot allowed sites quot but it still blocks all pop ups The wierd and frustrating thing is that it continues to block the pop ups even after I turn the pop up blocker OFF So that's been my experience with IE after my first day with it PS I just tried to select quot instant email notification quot from the menu below and the pop up blocker won't allow the menu to work even if I go and turn it OFF As for Firefox the immediate problems with that are One- it doesn't have a favorites menu It has something else called bookmarks but it changed the order of all my links and folders organizing them alphabetically by default This is not a huge problem of course I could probably get used to it Two- a bigger problem is that I use a program called Roboform where I store all my passwords and such so that when I visit various sites Roboform will pop up and offer to fill in logins and other forms automatically I have come to rely on Roboform to do this task and I rarely have to remember any user names or passwords in particular The handy thing also about IE is that it includes Roboform in the toolbar options so I can have it there handy at all times With Firefox however not only is Roboform not available as a toolbar the pop up function does not work either so basically Roboform appears to be incompatible with Firefox at least at first glance Further to that with toolbars Firefox only appears to have toolbars available Navigation and Bookmarks I've played with the customise feature but with no success as yet But the biggest drawback so far with Firefox is not being able to use Roboform These issues alone are enough to make neither of these browsers attractive to me if they cannot be rectified Any advice appreciated Cheers Kenny

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/modern-browser-problems-428782.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I've been using Internet Explorer 6 for ages and I'm perfectly happy with it, but some sites I visit keep advising me that my browser is outdated and will soon be ineffective on some sites, such as facebook. I keep getting advised to upgrade to a "modern browser" such as firefox or IE8 or some other one, I forget which. Anyway, I don't really know which one I should be upgrading to, having been using IE forever I'm inclined to just get their latest version, but I thought I'd make an effort to look into the alternatives. Soooo, my question is, what are the pros and cons of different browsers and is there one that stands out above the rest that you'd recommend, and why?? Thanks much for any advise or guidance.

A:what modern browser is best?

try Safari 4

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/what-modern-browser-is-best-428564.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi newbie to this forum P Basically my laptop had a crash due to a virus which was a nasty one- hidden in bois Had that fixed and it was fine for a few weeks- until the net started to get a bit laggy within the last week i did avast scans and found nothing Then the other night i turned of the laptop not thinking i had emails to check wen i did so i turned it back on and now i cant log in I get to the log in screen type in my password and then it unwired or virus hack modern IP just keeps saying thats it loading the settings I do believe it is doing stuff in the background even if it just sits on that screen because avast detects a virus I hear the sound go off and even has updated twice agian sound So fair enough we have a virus and I really dont want to reformat because i'll loose a stack of artworks - - so IP hack or unwired modern virus a few mates are looking at ways to fix it Now heres the weird bit i borrowed my bfs old bedroom pc we put avast on it from his portable harddrive which is clean same as his better pc the portable harddrive has not been plugged into my laptop as soon as the first virus was found Updated the old pc avast database with my unwired Avast finishes updates asks to restart and as doing so I get two pop ups one saying that he had a system worm and another which i barley got to read before it restarted saying there was a virus inside avast Thats all i got not a name or anything before it restarted Now his old pc is doing the exact same thing as my laptop Were going to test of it is the unwired modern today on anther pc which will have a fully updated avast database before we plug in unwired do a scan and see what we get I have also emailed unwired asking if there modern's actually store information and if so can they be infected I really don't know if they do or not So what im asking is dose anyone know a way i can save my artworks or have any idea if my IP is being hacked or unwired storing a virus Sorry for the long story- more info the better Thankyou Jazz

A:IP hack or unwired modern virus

Unwired replied to the email saying I have to call them back (bastards) anywho, Both people I spoke to stated that the Unwired modern box dose not store any information, the second one admitted that it could possible be my unwired IP address, which apparently gets changed every couple of days. I asked "so what ur saying it is not unwired what so ever" The first one said "no it diffidently isn't us" (obviously covering his back) and the second one replied with "it is possible that the IP address may have been hacked, If suspicious sites have been visited"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ip-hack-or-unwired-modern-virus-411701.html
Relevancy 37.84%

There's an OEM for it for $100 on eBay. (AUD, 72.91 USD) I don't have a paid OS yet (Win10 IP, planning on Linux Mint) I'd like a retail copy of 7 at some point, so I've always got a transferable licence for future systems.

Basically the plan is to have Windows 7 retail dual-booting with XP x64.

But I don't want to waste $100 on XP64 if it's not any good. I love XP, and to be able to use it with a 64-bit CPU and 8 GB RAM is enough to make me want to buy this. I'm just not sure if there will be any major problems with the OS that make it no better than the 32-bit version. (I know of the little glitches already)

So basically, is XP64 worth buying at $100?

A:Windows XP x64 on modern PC

IMO XP is not worth $100 plus it is no longer supported by MS so no updates leaving it vulnerable, I would move to 7 which has support until 2020.  That will give you time to think out your next step, 7 can be bought for about the same $$.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600565/windows-xp-x64-on-modern-pc/
Relevancy 32.68%

I found that the Windows 'Copy' cmd was unreliable when copying bulk data of mostly folders of multimedia files between external USB HDDs and from internal HDD to external HDDs As the data was massive it is impractical to manually check that each of thousands confirm ? that a 100% modern Seek to GUI uses Verify copy accurate 'Copy' cmd of files is copied without error I since found a number of Seek a modern GUI 'Copy' cmd that uses Verify to confirm 100% accurate copy ? posts confirming Windows 'Copy' is quite primitive and obviously does not use any kind of verification that the copied files are an exact copy of Seek a modern GUI 'Copy' cmd that uses Verify to confirm 100% accurate copy ? the original I seek a modern easy to use GUI equivalent of the old DOS 'xcopy' cmd line copy-with-verification utility that Microsoft included to rectify the deficiencies of 'Copy' in the era before Windows but has since chosen to ignore bit-for-bit Verification should be the most important feature not speed As they say more haste less speed It needs to have at least some form of basic logging of result preferably with choice of summary or verbose logging Although the prime use is for when one does the original copy files folders drives for filesets already copied it would be helpful if it could also do a Verification only pass comparing filesets If poss pls recommend a few in preference order so I have a choice

A:Seek a modern GUI 'Copy' cmd that uses Verify to confirm 100% accurate copy ?

Hi paul456,

Not sure if this is quite what you want but,

http://superuser.com/questions/773090/is-there-a-way-to-copy-with-verification-or-just-verify-copied-data

Only 2 answers, top one

Good luck 

Hedge

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599963/seek-a-modern-gui-copy-cmd-that-uses-verify-to-confirm-100-accurate-copy/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

Whenever I play most multiplayer games such as War Thunder, World of Tanks, or Battlefield, I always get super high ping and lots of packet loss. For example, I am just driving one of my tanks in World of Tanks and my ping jumps to 999 and my tank glitches into the ground and then jumps to where it would have been after I stopped driving. Or in War Thunder, I am just flying around and my plane glitches and in half a second dives down into the ocean or crashes. This only happens on my desktop, not my laptop or any other computer. I have Xfinity and use wireless for all my devices. I even tried on a different network more than 20 miles away and it still happened. This never used to happen. It just started one day a few months ago and hasnt stopped since. Minecraft and Civilization multiplayer is fine though. Please Help me! 

Thanks,
VortexFalcon50

A:Help me with my multiplayer problems!

To troubleshoot this I would go "on-the-wire". You need to eliminate all wireless connections before looking at the tower. I suspect the wireless NIC is starting to fail, however. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541229/help-me-with-my-multiplayer-problems/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi i went to install freelancer and went to play multi player all the servers come up but i cannot connect to any servers im using 32 bit windows vista home premium im pretty sure multiplayer is not compatible with vista because of something but if you can help me connect to any of the servers please tell me i wanna start playing my fave servers again

A:Freelancer Multiplayer Not Working!

I keep getting the same problem when I try to connect to the server... maybe the main server just isn't running anymore? (I'm using XP)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130037/freelancer-multiplayer-not-working/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok so this is a topic that was generated from one that I made about a week ago concerning a virus or two that has kicked the crap out of my computer The previous link is http www bleepingcomputer com forums Trojan Day Modern War A topic htmlSeemingly appropriately named the Backdoor Trojan has been buttslamming me with PC-HIV to no avail lately I followed the instructions from the previous moderator and I had to stop because the Blue Screen of Death made back-to-back appearances I made it to the point where I am supposed to run GMER I ran the utility and it gave me an hourglass for a few seconds then went to the Blue A Modern Day Trojan War Screen I restarted tried again same result The Blue Screen said quot A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated quot The tech info was quot STOP x F x x BFEB C x D The error report that I sent to Windows looked like this Troubleshoot a problem with a device driverYou received this message because a device driver A Modern Day Trojan War installed on your computer caused Windows to stop unexpectedly This type of error is referred to as a quot stop error quot A stop error requires you to restart your computer Steps to address this problemUse Windows Update to check for updated driversSteps to work around this problemWarningThese steps are designed to address a particular problem but might do so by temporarily disabling or removing some functionality on your computer If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your computer the problem might be caused by the device driver Go online to learn how to use the Dell Driver Reset Tool or uninstall the driver How do I disable or uninstall a device driver If this problem occurred after you installed new software the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem Try uninstalling the software How do I uninstall a program If you don t know the specific driver or software go online to learn more about performing a System Restore For information about your support options go online to the Support Dell Com website This is as far as I got before the crash DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by j kubach at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW Symantec Endpoint Protection enabled BE FE -CD B- - A - DB DDB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec drivers audio r stacsv exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exesvchost exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Docmgr bin WavXDocMgr exeC ... Read more

A:A Modern Day Trojan War

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344022/a-modern-day-trojan-war/
Relevancy 36.12%

While trying to fix my wife's computer system downgrading from Win to Win I was web surfing through some various websites for advise on how to do some things Next what appeared to be a blank window opened up behind the Chrome browser I was using at the open Explorer.Cannot Google Internet multiplayer play Cannot Chrome;Firefox;or time and when I minimized Chrome to see what was behind it it was a totally red screen of about sized window entitled This cannot be right and stated that if I remain on that website I could contract Malware So I went to task manager thinking I was doing the right thing and shutting down that window from there I did not think anything more about it as it was late and went to bed However this morning I booted up my system I was able to get my email ok Then I Cannot open Google Chrome;Firefox;or Internet Explorer.Cannot play multiplayer noticed that my Avast update popped up I updated it and then it opened up Chrome to verify that the updated was successful but Chrome never came up It just timed out So I tried to open up Firefox and also Internet Explorer They both had the same result I have no ability to access the internet except via Safe Mode boot This is how I am posting this message to you now I should have changed to topic to Chrome Firefox and IE do not load up while in normal boot Because I can bring up the program but it just hangs up and or times out rendering me unable to access the internet in normal mode I ran full scans of all my free versions of Malwarebytes Spyware Blaster and Avast Antivirus but they all came up with Zero detections I ran these scans while in normal boot mode I also ran a full boot scan with Avast and it too did not find anything Then I ran my free version of Super AntiSpyware just for the heck of it and it detected infections all with the common root name of PUP Wajam I selected to remove and or quarantine the files and did the required reboot so that the removal would take affect But after reboot I still had the same above problems and am unable to access internet in normal mode via Chrome Firefox or IE I also ran the Super AntiSpyware again and detected the exact same thing as it did the first time I can also provide a copy of the SuperAntiWare log if this is of any help When someone has an opportunity I would certainly be grateful for some assistance to get rid of this virus Thank you in advance for your help Cannot open Google Chrome;Firefox;or Internet Explorer.Cannot play multiplayer

A:Cannot open Google Chrome;Firefox;or Internet Explorer.Cannot play multiplayer

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495226/cannot-open-google-chrome;firefox;or-internet-explorercannot-play-multiplayer/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all,

I just recently joined BC and want to start off by gaining knowledge in the field of malware combat. Any and all knowledgeable replies would be greatly appreciated. Techniques, programs, procedures or just anything is welcome. Thank you in advance!

draconus1987

A:General malware warfare discussion

Hello and welcome to BC draconus1987

Check your inbox...I forwarded information for obtaining training in malware removal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455419/general-malware-warfare-discussion/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've noticed that rogue developers are starting to target Mac users. Rogue software for Mac, like MacSweeper and iMunizator are starting to appear.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacSweeperhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10356

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200465/macs-are-no-longer-immune-to-modern-malware/