Windows Support Forum

2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

Q: 2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

Hi all
I have a Linksys WAG54GP2 in my house and a WRT54G in the garage. The two are connected together by a cable. What i want to do is make the wrt extend the wireless network that the wag54 is propogating so that there is only one network. At the moment there are two wireless networks on my property but i only want one.
Any questions/clarifications please ask!
Cheers
Allan

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

You really cannot connect two routers to each other, unless you have the ability to turn off the routing functionality on one of them to make it work like a simple switch. See if the adnin panel on either of them allows this type of reduced functionality operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wifi-network.114158/
Relevancy 71.81%

Im having problems with my home network. I have two routers connected via Ethernet network cable. The secondary router I changed the ip adress and set dhcp to disable the primary router has no setting changed every thing is working fine but the wifi on the primary router. Is there a setting I need to change? Any help would be great guys thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wifi-two-routers-same-network.1110314/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an Actiontec PK5000 connected to a DSL line. I have Linksys WRT54G connected to the Actiontec. I want the Linksys do the DHCP address assigning because the Linksys (with DD-WRT firmware) had more capabilities than the Actiontec. However, use the DD-WRT features (MAC blocking, etc.) the Linksys must do the address assigning (DHCP).

I can get the Linksys to do the wifi connections but the Actiontec is doing the DHCP. Turning off DHCP on the Actiontec and turning the Linksys DHCP on does not make the Linksys assign the addresses.

How can I configure these two routers to get the Linksys to do the DHCP?

A:How do I make two routers work together on one wifi network?

right ideas but need altered wiring

NOT THIS
Code:
modem----(wan)router#1(lan)----(wan)router#2
USE THIS
Code:
modem----(wan)router#1(lan)----([B]lan[/B])router#2
leave router#2 wan slot empty and set it to disable DHCP.

Router#1 will control all DHCP assignments

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-make-two-routers-work-together-on-one-wifi-network.151322/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Tech Support Guy Until recently we only had a single wireless router for internet which worked fine downstairs but we grew tired of not having internet on the first floor so my father bought a second wireless router to be placed there acting as switch only thereby expanding the roaming area I found some online guides for the procedure and did everything as told Straight through cable between the routers two random ports NOT WAN Main router - connected to WAN Nothing changed Solved: wire on network via one wifi-routers Two Secondary router New IP main router is Solved: Two wifi-routers on one network via wire xxx xxx xxx and secondary is xxx xxx xxx DHCP disabled I have no problem finding both wi-fi networks but I can only receive an IP through the main network The second keeps trying to address me an IP but with no luck I tried unplugging everything and shutting power off but with no result The routers are two cheap brands that I am almost sure you do not know Zolid Wireless-G main and ExtremeIT Wireless-G secondary The internal software is something called SOHO Router main and some unknown software for the secondary It drives me crazy please see if you can help nbsp

A:Solved: Two wifi-routers on one network via wire

Your problem may be "Straight through cable between the routers."

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-wifi-routers-on-one-network-via-wire.759097/
Relevancy 55.47%

What function does onboard RAM serve on a WiFi router?

A:Why Do WiFi Routers Have RAM?

Homework Time???

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. RAM is needed to run the OS on which the router runs. The router needs to maintain routing tables which are kept in RAM as well as MAC address tables for the built-in switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-wifi-routers-have-ram.794681/
Relevancy 55.04%

Im looking for help on this problem:

I have BT 2WIRE wifi router (downstairs) that is connected to the internet and my laptop and PS3 are too via WEP.

However, i have installed Ubuntu on PS3 and wish to use ethernet as the wifi doesnt work on this version of Ubuntu without messing around with it.

So i have a second wifi router, the BT HomeHub (in my room), currently with no internet.

Basically i want to connect to the internet with the laptop over wifi using the BT 2WIRE, and i want to connect to the internet via ethernet with the PS3 using the HomeHub.

So i just need to wifi the internet to the second router OR i wouldnt mind connecting the PS3 through an ethernet on my laptop.

Please help, i will really appreciate it and will leave feedback, thanks!

A:Wifi internet between 2 routers?

Next time be patient...

This thread has more replies to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-between-2-routers.706281/
Relevancy 55.04%

Am a newbie with wi-fi routers and laptops The cable from the wall that I use now will after I purchase a router go firstly to the Cox Cable modem provided by my local cable company Cox then from there a cable will connect to a router then from the router a signal wireless goes to a laptop ready to go with wireless The laptop may now receive the internet Now with my Laptops, WiFi, Routers, trusty new desktop is WiFi, Routers, Laptops, there still a cable from the same modem to my destop computer that enables me to receiver the internet What I am trying to find out is if two computers in the same house one a laptop Toshiba the other my desktop can receive the internet at the same time The second part of WiFi, Routers, Laptops, the question and thanks for WiFi, Routers, Laptops, bearing with me if I make my desktop computer wi fi with a card PCI or USB adapter can both in house computers use the internet at the same time And can both be cabled non-wireless at the same time for same time internet Thanks Ron nbsp

A:WiFi, Routers, Laptops,

Yes. That's what routers do.
Your router will come with a setup program that should make this easy, but let us know if you have problems.

"What I am trying to find out is if two computers in the same house ( one a laptop...Toshiba), ...the other my desktop, can receive the internet at the same time?"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-routers-laptops.923874/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Linksys connected to a broadband modem. Connected to this router via cable (about 300ft away) is a Nexxt Solution router. This is used for a second wifi network and cable connection to a desktop. The Nexxt Solution pretty much set itself up so the only thing I had to do was to assign a name and password for the WiFi.

My problem is that I can no longer access the Linksys Web Configuration. Both the Routers have IP 192.168.1.1.

How do I configure the Nexxt Router so I can access both configuration?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245645-series-wifi-routers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

If you are OK with going into the router configuration, then there normally is a way of throttling connections to the router. At the very least you can set times that the connections will be active for your children. Also, unless all computers are running at the same time and downloading files, or streaming, you may have a virus on one if not all of the computers that is utilizing your bandwidth. I do not think you can monitor bandwidth from your router, but use the help menu and get familiar with the software for the router it will be handy in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-serious-problem-abt-wifi-routers.669386/
Relevancy 55.04%

is there any way I can use a cisco ea3500 and then use my netgear WGR614 as a wifi extender??

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a DLINK dir-655 and a netgear wireless router both have 4 wired ports and 1 WAN port and wifi capability. The DLINK is the primary router that connects out to the internet through a cable modem. It is on the 192.169.1.X network with wifi turned on. What I want to do is connect the netgear router to the DLINK router and use the wifi on both the netgear and dlink. The end result is I want to have 2 secure wifi networks with the same IP/subnet range. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-2-routers-together-with-2-wifi-networks.137327/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am researching mobile broadband as an alternative to a landline.(Very long line, struggles to maintain 1MB connection)
The house is in a good 4G coverage area and I see I could get a mobile wifi router that will create a hotspot for devices connect to. So far so good but the house in question has extremely thick walls and a wifi signal cannot escape the room it's in. To get round this I have run cables and put wifi extenders in different rooms.
My question is, can I get a mobile wifi router that I could plug into the existing internal network to use instead of the current landline router?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/advice-mobile-wifi-routers-4600092/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there I have a problem maybe you all can help with. I have a D-Link DCM-202 Cable Modem. Connected to that is a Belkin Pre-N Router (F5D8230-4). I want to use a Belkin G Plus Router F5D7231-4 as an access point to extend the range of my network so I can sip some ice tea and surf the net from my back yard. So the tek support guy that spoke with such a thick accient that he might as well of been saying "blabby boogy ugga boo" But he said that it's not possible to use the G Plus Router F5D7231-4 as an access point. Is that so? I don't think so. From reading the forums here you all seem pretty able do figure anything out and my problem is just a little out of my leage. Anywho thanks for the help.

Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings I have problem with QoS using routers Routers Router Asus RT-N SW Tomato by Shibby Tomato Firmware MIPSR - K 2 over connected WiFi routers, QoS when problem with USB AIO this router is set up as main router with DHCP enabled PPPoE enabled QoS setup Local IP 2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi netmask gateway modem Router Asus WL- gP V SW DD-WRT DD-WRT v -sp mega - build set up as Wireless Access Point I followed this instruction http www dd-wrt com wiki index php Wireless Access Point - DHCP disabled WAN disabled Local IP netmask gateway Routers are connected with UTP in LAN port on both routers Problem Devices connected to router s WiFi are seen on router s IP Traffic Details under IP this IP belongs to router all other types of connections are working OK router LAN and WiFi and router LAN problem is only with router WiFi On router I have setup DHCP with static leases to all home devices and all of connected devices get correct static IP address no matter how are they connecting router LAN or WiFi and router LAN or WiFi How can I setup router that router will see all devices on their static IP under IP Traffic Details that I will be able to set QoS for each device different Thanks for your help nbsp

A:2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi

have you checked that there is not a DHCP service for the wireless access point - IF DHCP is turned off on the 2nd router that ALL the IPS should be from router 1

if you have assigned static IPs to all the devices and then they should be controlled by router 1

But you say router 1 DHCP is enabled ?
what range have you assigned

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-problem-with-qos-when-connected-over-wifi.1084844/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok here it is i have got wifi routers i want Daisy 3 routers chain wifi to daisy chain Router is main modem router which is connected to pcs and wif routers wired separately both of these wifi routers have there own ip address and dchp turned off so they work fine and Daisy chain 3 wifi routers broadcast wifi nicely now what i want to do is connect another wifi router to one of these routers not the main one but what setting do i need i tried to connect the Daisy chain 3 wifi routers rd wifi router with the same setting as per the other two ie diff ip and dchp off but when i plugged it into the port of the second router it would not Daisy chain 3 wifi routers show as connected or get an internet connection Its probably quite simple to sort out but with me being a dimwit i am tering my air out If i could not use a wifi router for this rd connection is there any other way of putting an extra ports on to my second stage router Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, Good day tech guys, i am from the philippines and would like ask how to setup 2 wifi routers at home. I have a Zyxel P-660hn-t1q as primary and my linksys wrh54g or prolink h6300g to be used as secondary wifi router. How can i configure or setup my secondary wifi router to extend the wifi range from the ground floor to the second floor of my house.

Any suggestions will greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for the help

Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to connect, with permission, to my neighbor's wifi. I intend to use a Quad-4 transmitting antenna in the focal point of a parabola at his place and an additional quad-4 antenna on a parabola as receive at my house. 14 db gain should cross 1000 feet. My question is: what connections must I use at each site? My computer automatically connects to any available wifi. He will purchase a router, (Any recommendations)? to add another wifi ready laptop in another room in his house. I want to send his router wifi to my house. Will we need routers in each house? Head scratcher?...Easy?
Thanks guys...keep up the good work.

Relevancy 53.75%

My internet provider said that it was because the McAffe. I replaced it with Microsoft Forefront Client Protection and I'm still having the same problem. It appears connected to the network but without internet access.
The router works fine (i can connect with other devices) and the computer can also get connected in another wifi networks. What can I do?? Please Help me!
Thanks

A:Cannot get wifi connection with routers that require wpa/wpa2

BTW:
Forefront info: Client Version: 1.5.1993.0
Engine Version: 1.1.8800.0
Antivirus definition: 1.137.596.0
Antispyware definition: 1.137.596.0
Inspiron 14Z 5423

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255389-cannot-get-wifi-connection-routers-require-wpa-wpa2.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
Is this a new Xfinity feature??

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64370-xfinity-wifi-showing-up-my-routers-available-internet-connections.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So here s routers on really signal help range? wifi Does swapping with antennas my situation The wife and I got these email protected phones from T-mobile which lets you use your wifi connection to make phone calls We think this option might finally let us get rid of our land line Anywho my wifi router is in the basement and initially the phones signal reception was spotty So I decided to move the router to the living room just to see if it works any better It does work better but there are still a few weak dead spots in the house not a huge house mind you but it is old and has plaster walls and the like Tonight while I was at Circuit City I spied a wifi antenna that was probably around a Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? foot tall that claims to dramatically boost your wifi signal I m considering picking it up but am leery as to how well these things work Does anyone use anything like this How noticeable is the difference In the best case scenario I d like to move everything back to the basement and have this new antenna doing what it claims it does so I can Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? keep the living Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range? room clutter free I ve also considered buying a new Linksys WRT G wireless router and flashing it with the homebrew firmware which apparently greatly boosts the signal strength Could I do this and have it fit my best case scenario Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Does swapping antennas on wifi routers really help with signal range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-swapping-antennas-on-wifi-routers-really-help-with-signal-range.740195/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to connect two wireless routers in order to extend the range of my wifi signal. Preferably they would be connected wirelessly.

The models are the Virgin Superhub (VMDG480) - which has the internet access - and the Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9 - which is intended for use as a repeater.

Firstly, is this possible, given that the Netgear model doesn't support client mode or bridging?

Secondly, if this is possible could anyone help me configure these routers? I know about having them on seperate channels and different IP addresses but that is about all I know.

Cheers

A:Solved: Is it possible to connect these two routers to increase wifi range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-it-possible-to-connect-these-two-routers-to-increase-wifi-range.1055312/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP Spectre x laptop that was purchased with Windows approximately months ago For the first several weeks I had no issues connecting to routers Issue Wifi 10 home wireless Windows on the internet using Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers my home wireless router Then something went wrong because now I am having issues connecting to the internet At times I will connect for a few seconds and then get quot No internet quot and other times I cannot connect at all I have restored my machine to factory settings multiple times and removed the McAfee anti-virus software from the laptop I've also removed and reinstalled the latest network driver multiple times When I use the troubleshooting feature it tells me there are missing network components I generated a event log report and the last event that caused a disconnect reads as follows WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network Reason The network is disconnected by the driver I've tried to connect to the internet using a couple other home wireless routers and get the same negative result Although I am able to connect to the internet successfully using my Verizon Hotspot and through a secure WPA connection I'm running Windows Version My network driver is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32109-windows-10-wifi-issue-home-wireless-routers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Please responed...

This is what i really hope to set up.
Its really all there..
if someone could tell me what i have to do...

BTW- the routers are both linksys.

The Link--- img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mynetworkqr0.png

thanks!!

A:Please Help Answer About My New Network And 2 Wireless Routers in One Network

I know English is not your first language... What is your question? Your link isn't posted properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-answer-about-my-new-network-and-2-wireless-routers-in-one-network.107291/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey Guys been a while since my networking courses.

I have 2 routers 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs right now I have them both on different networks broadcasting different SSIDs. I want to move them both to the same network, instead of one being 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 I want them all on the 192.168.0.1 network.

My plan is to simply apply the same SSID to both routers and subnet both of them within the 192.168.0.1 network to hand out addresses within their subnet.

Will this allow me to move throughout my house as if it was one network or should I have the second router act as an access point?

What are your thoughts?

A:2 routers 1 network

What is your Internet source(s)? One to each router or are they sharing one line?
If sharing one line, one has to be subservant to the other to function as one address network and if its two lines then even though you might have the same I.P. range they'll still be seperate networks...and confusing.
So for one network, yes, access point and simple switch for one router.
And if its two lines, therefore two networks, you can still communicate to each thru a proxy in the form of a computer with two network cards, one hooked up to each network, and then remote into that computer and network away!
I have two networks, one line, seperated into media and regular/work, so things like NetFlix and network media device playback work a treat without network congestion with the work network. Then I just use a computer with two network cards to transfer, maintain and what not between the two.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-1-network.988355/
Relevancy 49.88%

At work we have a T1 line and then we have a cable connection through charter both on the same network. If i know the IP address of the charter modem, and I wanted to tell my NIC to use that instead of the T1 line would I just change the default gateway on my card to that of the modem?

A:Two ISP routers in one network

Yes. Provided both routers are on the same subnet your NIC is on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-isp-routers-in-one-network.917854/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two routers in my house and wish to network computers connected to each router.

I have no problem communicating between computers connected to the same router but not able to see/access the other computers that are connected to the 2nd router.

My two routers are 2wire 2701HG-B (router/modem), and Netgear WGR614 which is plugged into the 2wire router/modem.

Thanks for any help or maybe where to look information.

A:How do I network across two routers??

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-network-across-two-routers.857609/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have an adsl modem with ethernet ports Network Two On Routers One and it does NOT have WiFi we will call this Router A as Router A has Two Routers On One Network no Wifi i Two Routers On One Network bought another router which has wifi ethernet LAN ports WAN port and it is NOT A MODEM we call this device Router B i have the network setup i set the IP of router A to ran an ethernet cable from it to Router B s WAN port and assigned it IP to access internet and set Router B s local IP to Router A assigns IP xxx whereas Router B assigns xxx to the devices that connect to it so now internet works in any way i connect to any of the routers but file sharing does not work between the two routers for example if i have one pc connected to one router and another pc connected to the other router i cannot share files between them what is the solution to this problem nbsp

A:Two Routers On One Network

i fixed my problem...i was connecting my Router A to Router B's WAN port.....now ive connected it to Router B's LAN port and disabled Router B's DHCP so that it only acts as a switch, its now working fine....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-on-one-network.143206/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am helping with a small network, maybe 10-12 computers, in very large building.
We have a bt business hub, which has DHCP Enabled (although most computers have manual IP Addresses).
Bt Router is 192.168.1.254 with standard subnet.

We have a 2nd TP-Link router setup but no DHCP on it, assigned 192.168.1.1 to Router. Gateway and DNS set to 192.168.1.254

Scope of Network on both Routers is identical 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255

This is due to building size, with TP-Link Router acting as repeater (No Internet setup on Router as this is through BT Router).

The PC's nearest TP-Link identify and connect through TP-Link Router, and most work okay, but 1-2 drop off and can't find Internet Etc (PC's are mix of Win XP & Win 7)

Can i force PC's to look at BT Router rather than TP-Link (Just need TP-Link to be a Wireless Repeater).

Thanks In Advance

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have about lost all my hair I am trying to follow instructions to the T and I am getting stuck Here is what I am wanting to do We have a BlueRay and TV that uses internet features and the TV has to have a wired and Blueray is cheaper to be 2 Routers, 1 Network wired than getting their wireless adapter anway Instead of buying a switch I still have my old router WRT G V one I am gonna put in living room My new Router is WRT I have the old router set as and 2 Routers, 1 Network the WRT It is setup on the LAN ports on both not WAN Block Anonymous Internet Requests is quot unchecked quot on the old router DHCP is disabled on the old router I can access both routers config pages from the main computer But the laptop that is attached to the old router cannot do anthing no config page nor internet I have manually tried doing an ip gateway in Windows but thats a no go I am at a loss please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:2 Routers, 1 Network

disable DHCP on the wireless and leave only the Wired router with DHCP.

wire them in this sequence

Code:
modem---wired---(lan side)wireless....
any system can be wired to either router and the wired router will control all ip address assignments

the address of the wireless router does not matter as it will do no routing --
it's acting just like a switch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-network.130410/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently on a T1 connection for my network. I have a server setup with dedicated IPs from the T1. I also connect to the server from my local network. I have recently gotten Comcast Cable for faster speeds for my network, but want to keep the T1 for the server and to server as a backup ISP. I purchased a Dual WAN router, but am having trouble switching over and letting my Server use the T1 while my PCs use the Cable.

So here's what I'm thinking. Can I have my server on its own router looking at only the T1, have all my PCs on the dual WAN router, and have them all see eachother?

Here is a picture to hopefully show how I'm setup now and how I am envisoning this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

Basically I live in a relatively big house, 2 Computers / 1 Console Downstairs and 3 Computers upstairs.

There is currently a Ethernet cable going upstairs into a computer, can I put that cable into another router and utilize it as a switch to then have 3 cables leading out of that router into the systems upstairs?

any information on this would be greatly appreciated I have been searching around google but nothing looks reliable to me, I have a fairly good knowledge on Hardware / Networking, but still studying.

thanks

A:Two routers on network

Put the cable to the upstairs computer into a SWITCH (not a router) and everything will be managed by the original router just fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-on-network.169630/
Relevancy 49.88%

The scenario is: I have a PC running Windows 7 which is wirelessly connected to my Netgear modem-router. I wish to install a security camera outside my house, instead of running a long ethernet cable all the way back into my house from the camera to the Netgear, is it possible that I can connect the camera to another router outside, and then get that second router to communicate with my Netgear inside the house, and thus be able to control my security camera from inside?

Now I know the security camera can be connected to a router, and I can install software to remotely control it, but I'm not sure how I can go about using my Netgear to communicate to a second router. I haven't purchased the second router or the camera yet, but I want to know if it's possible before I do.

A:How do I use two routers in the same network?

Give this a read,
Wireless Bridge - DD-WRT Wiki

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184679-how-do-i-use-two-routers-same-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

can two routers be used in the same network?

A:2 routers 1 network

Yes, you can use as many routers as you want, just remember the network speed will decrease as more computers are added.

Hook up one router to the modem then hook the other routers to it or even in series.

I haven't played much with multiple wireless routers, but we have several wireless routers running at work. I think you just have to make sure the computers within the overlap areas are configured to select one signal.

Also, if you have to run wires a very long distance, you can use routers to boost the signal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/2-routers-1-network-188707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So i have router hooked up to dsl line working fine wireless and everything. Now i Have a second router as well which i want to be able to pick the Wi-fi signal of the initial router and let me access the Internet on the second router (the one that i want to pick up the wifi signal) via its ethernet ports to stuff like TV blu-ray console etc.. Is it possible and how do i do it?

A:2 Routers network

I believe you need to configure the 2nd router as a bridge or access point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-network.150706/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey folks I m attempting to configure a secondary router and I keep having to go to a computer that s plugged directly into it and reconfigure it before being able to access the configuration settings Network Two on Routers this on the secondary router Let me give you a brief run-down on the topology here T comes into the Two Routers on this Network house and connects to the primary firewall router a line goes directly from there to a -port switch to which CAT lines are connected One of the lines goes to an office that s some distance away and holds computers vs the originally-planned computer Therefore in that office we have installed the secondary router to handle the traffic of the now computers in there On that secondary router other than turning off DHCP there hasn t been any configuration Then on the two computers that plug directly into the secondary router they re both configured with static IP addresses and no Gateway cause they re merely file-servers that don t need Internet access What I would like Two Routers on this Network to be able to do is remote connect to one of those two and access the secondary router s configuration settings As it stands right now I have to physically go to Two Routers on this Network one of the two computers re-configure it to use the secondary router as its gateway then I can access the secondary router s config nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

My house is networked and we have a Linksys router in our basement supplying the connections. My father wants wireless upstairs. So if I get another router that supports wireless, how would I configure it to work with the current network? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,
I have a home network, it serves 2 laptops, 2 desktops. At the moment I currently have a Linksys Wireless B/G router. This is working well but i don't get a very good signal in my office, is their anyway to introduce a Netgear wireless B/G adsl router in to boost the signal?

Thanks!

A:Two routers one network

see if the linksys doesn't have this interface where you can boost the xmit rate

"Go to the Wireless tab, then to Advanced Settings. Find the entry labeled Xmit Power"

Unless you change the firmware on the linksys or either router has the ability to do wireless bridging you can't get two wireless routers to talk to each other wirelessly.

Google WRT and linksys for how to's on the firmware upgrades needed to make a linksys a wireless bridge.

You can always do this:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101236.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-routers-one-network.716768/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am getting ready to set up a home network to share my internet connection between multiple computers. I have been looking at a couple different brands of routers, and was wondering if anybody had any comments about them. I have been looking at Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear brands (basically because thats all our local computer shops offer, and I don't have a ton of money). Do you have any comments or suggestions about those brands? I won't be carrying a heavy load, I don't do gaming or anything, just basic internet surfing, email etc.... Thanks for the help.

A:home network routers

Hi

If I was you I would go look in the local newspaper and get the cheapest one you can find. At least that's what I did and I have had no problems in 2 years sharing 4 computers on a network. I have a Belkin router(with 5 ports). That was the one that was on sale at the time I wanted to set up my network. Any of the ones you mentioned are fine. I think networks fail more because someone doesn't know how to set them up correctly or doesn't maintain them. The router shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routers.45702/
Relevancy 49.45%

Searching through the internet i have found many tutorials about setting up 2 routers on one network and it's messed up my internet. "Router A" is a Tomson TG585 (This is my primary 1). "Router B" is a BT Voyager 2110. In the study is Router A and I want Router B in my room (To long away for a cable). Also Router B seems to restart/refresh its self every 10 seconds so I cant acssess any of Router B's settings.

Someone please help me!!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Am in need to some help / advice with what to do in this situation...

I have two routers that connect to two separate service providers; they both have internal addresses of;

10.8.1.253 /16 - This one is used for internet.

10.8.127.252 /16 - This one is used to connect to the data centre.

I have been told that i need a third router that connects to both of these and then on to the LAN, but will that work?

I have tried to add in two default gateways but it would only use one or the other.

Also is there any other way of doing this with out buying a third router if thats what is needed?

Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 49.45%

Ok so I am in a rough spot and could really use some help I was so happy to find this kind of service available to the community Thank you to everyone involved for making this service available I m not accustomed to typing out these kinds of issues so please bear with me I am fairly good with computers and in need of more income I decided to start doing some contracting work on my own and this is my first networking gig I have a lot 2 & Network Wireless Routers With NAS of experience with computers but almost zero business networking experience I have setup routers modems and wifi at multiple residential locations So I thought it wouldn t be a problem Wireless Network With 2 Routers & NAS taking on an upgrade networking project for a small auto repair business Turns out I couldn t get things working and am at a loss as to how to resolve the situation I m not sure if it s a router hardware compatibility setup Wireless Network With 2 Routers & NAS or settings issue or all the above I m feeling a little defeated and could really use some guidance Current Scenario They have Time Warner Business Class internet service I m assuming this is DSL There is a front desk computer an office computer with a wireless router and then multiple laptops throughout the location that share internet access on an already installed setup wifi network In the garage area a fairly large distance from the front desk and office is where the Time Warner modem and another wireless router are installed and mounted Equipment I m adding I setup new computers and printers for their front desk and office area We got a new router a Netgear Nighthawk to replace the cheaper and older ASUS model presently in the office We also got Buffalo Tech NAS to automatically back up all computers on the network and have remote file access Here is the problem I didn t know the modem for the internet was in the garage I assumed it to be in the office I originally thought the router in the garage to be just another access point or a wife extended network of sorts Now I m realizing it may be the main router I replaced the office router with the new router and it wouldn t work All the lights came on except for internet connection I even let the wizard have me user the prior router s exact same settings and it still didn t work None of the windows or router wizards could resolve the problem I tried different computers and that wasn t the issue So I disconnected the new router put the old one back in place and everything worked fine again I then went to the garage where there is the mounted router and attempted to replace that one It also did not work for me This router has a connection that the new router doesn t have I believe it is a Coaxial cable Even though this new Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the best out there right now it doesn t have this I hooked everything up minus the coaxial cable and it did not work for me I was sure to hook up everything else that was attached to the previous router I did reboot and reset in both orders to see if that helped and it didn t So I put the old router back up so that business would not be affected That is where I am stuck I m not sure what I m missing but since I m only allowed one question I will phrase it in terms of the outcome I would like to achieve if possible Of course I m open to any suggestions How do I install the new router and NAS in the office and have everything up and running correctly The router in the office presently does not have a coaxial cable either I am hoping to replace this one with the new router I d love to just leave the garage alone and simply replace the office router and add NAS there If I HAVE to put new router in garage I would have to make a new wall mount and there is no location ideal for NAS equipment I also don t know how this coaxial cable comes into play I m kind of in over my head and would really appreciate some help before I make a fool myself fingers crossed I have to work on thi... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a new netgear wired and wireless N600 dual band router on my home network and it works great but the wireless doesn't reach all the way downstairs well.

What I would like to do is take the older router (Linksys WRT120N) and plug it into a cat 5 cable downstairs (the house is wired for cat 5 going into a switch that plugs into a wired port on the new router) and set it up so it works as an access point allowing for good wireless downstairs.

Anyone done this? What's involved?

A:Solved: Two routers on same network?

Look down a few posts and you will find the answer. The title is "Router to Router". I am new here but I asked a very similar question. There is a post that describes how to setup an access point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-routers-on-same-network.1072961/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I have 6 computers capable of connecting to a wireless network (2 PS3's, 3 laptops and 1 PC). I currently have a BT Voyager 2110 setup, which provides the wireless network. The 2110 is situated upstairs, where I use the network the most. However, I'd like to boost the overall range of the wireless network by utilising another router (A BT Voyager 2091, the 2110's predacessor), which would be situated downstairs, where the signal strength is very poor.

I know there are various other ways of extending the range, but I'd like to know if it is possible to use hardware I already have, without spending money on more hardware. As the 2091 would be situated downstairs, connecting the routers with a LAN cable is out of the question. Is it possible to setup the 2091 to connect to the 2110 wirelessly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.45%

I am currently running an all wired ethernet network here in my home The cable comes into my house in the basement At this location sits the cable modem and Multiple routers same on network? my firewall router a D-Link DI- I want to add wireless to my home and have been considering getting a g connection I would like the router access point upstairs on my main floor To me the logical device to buy is an access point that is wired into my current ethernet network However all the access points AP I have seen have been more costly than a wireless router If I purchase a new wireless router can I plug it into my wired network upstairs which ultimately is plugged into my DI- downstairs If this is possible I d assume that these act as two individual Multiple routers on same network? networks Is this true Multiple routers on same network? I want to be able to share a printer and shared folders on my Windows boxes If they are indeed two networks how can my wired PCs see my wireless PCs inside the other network Can I turn Multiple routers on same network? off the firewall features of the wireless network Could anyone offer advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I ve read John Will s instructions for configuring routers on a home network and it makes sense so far I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer for me When I change the IP address of the secondary router will Network Routers 2 Home on that change the on-line configuration site for that router The router manufacturer gives an ip to go to do the configs and I wonder if this will somehow change or not 2 Routers on Home Network be accessable Second you say run the ethernet cable from the lan port on the primary to a lan port on the secondary router This means ports - it s a port and not the one that says quot internet quot Primary router is Netgear RP secondary router is Linksys WRT GS Thanks in advance JohnWill said Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router For instance DHCP server addresses through I d assign the secondary router as it s IP address Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router Connect from the primary router s LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports use a cross-over cable Leave the WAN port unconnected Click to expand nbsp

A:2 Routers on Home Network

DTinVA said:

I've read John Will's instructions for configuring 2 routers on a home network and it makes sense so far. I do have a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer for me.

When I change the IP address of the secondary router, will that change the on-line configuration site for that router? The router manufacturer gives an ip to go to do the configs and I wonder if this will somehow change or not be accessable.

Yes, when you change the base address of the router, that becomes the new address to access it's setup pages. As long as you follow the instructions and keep it in the same subnet as the primary router, you can access it freely from any connected computer. Note the detail of it being outside the DHCP server pool of the primary router.
Second, you say run the ethernet cable from the lan port on the primary to a lan port on the secondary router. This means ports 1-4 (it's a 4 port) and not the one that says "internet?"Click to expand...

Correct, you leave the WAN/Internet port empty on the second router. You are using the second router as a switch, and if it's wireless, you can use the wireless capability. I have a pair of wireless routers here on opposite ends of the house wired that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-on-home-network.504330/
Relevancy 49.45%

I m attempting to daisy-chain two Two Using Network One Linksys on Routers Linksys routers I m aware the easiest way would be to just buy a switch and use that in place of a second router However I do not own a switch and am attempting to use this Using Two Linksys Routers on One Network as a quick Using Two Linksys Routers on One Network fix until I find a more permanent solution The primary router is a wireless Linksys router with four ports all Using Two Linksys Routers on One Network being used One port runs to my room which is then connected into the Uplink of my non-wireless Linksys router This routes to two devices I believe I need to change the second router s IP to be outside of the DHCP range of the primary router and make it a static IP but I cannot get to the IP for the second router in order to change the settings I believe they are both the same default Linksys IP and I don t want to start making changes without knowing I m making them to the second router Ideas Help I m more of a programmer and less of a network specialist so this is out of my field a bit Thanks in advance Steven T Norris nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason the network from point between routers Network fail. A to B keeps failing Going to Network between routers fail. explain the set up I have right now DSL and modem are in room then that plugs into the wall to the switch in room Many things are connected to the switch roku player dish network receiver and other Ethernet connections for other rooms and a router so we can get wifi Now for some reason the connection from the switch to the modem keeps going out The internet works just fine because i can plug the ethernet cable from the Network between routers fail. modem directly to a computer in the office However from a computer in another room I cannot cmd ping the modem says What would cause this to fail it works for hours then i have to unplug re-plug the cables to get it working again I have tried it without a switch using two routers room modem Network between routers fail. to router router room another router and still the connection from the routers will stop after working for days without problems

A:Network between routers fail.

From what you are saying you have the switch plugged directly into the modem which is not how it should be.

You need to plug the Modem into the WAN port on the router first then plug the switch into one of the router's LAN ports. This is the reason your network is not reliable.

Switches are always plugged into LAN ports on the router not the modem.

If you are going to use two routers you need to turn off DHCP on one of the routers plus some other adjustments will be required, link below explains the process.

Connecting Additional Routers | Tech Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256305-network-between-routers-fail.html
Relevancy 49.45%

want to connect two linksys routers in the same network but finding it hard to work. Can you pls help me to do this?

Relevancy 49.45%

i have two desktops and a to one use routers linksys network two on trying laptop wired through a router and a linksys wireless router wrt g wired in also all works good even the wireless on my laptop so i can use my trying to use two linksys routers on one network laptop wireless or wired either one now my brother gave me his linksys router wrt g that he had set up at his house i want to use his as a area extender i want to put it down the road where i have a cabin and exted my network to there so basically i want to use two linksys routers on one network to extend my area when i hook up the second router the wireless link light comes on so i hard wire my laptop to the second router and it sais i dont have permission to use shared folders and no internet does anyone know how to make this fly i am choking on this project can this be done thanks so much for the help in advance jeremie nbsp

A:trying to use two linksys routers on one network

First, you should take a look at the amazing "search" feature. If you have any questions after reading the (half a dozen at least) "I want to daisy-chain two routers" threads, feel free to ask them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-use-two-linksys-routers-on-one-network.78708/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have my main PC which I have moved within the house and the speed etc is all fine

My 2nd PC is downstairs and is connected wirelessly - however after moving the main PC the connection is pretty slow and frequently drops.

I have a spare router can this be plugged into either the main router to boost performance or to the 2nd PC rather than use the WIFI card

A:Can you connect two routers to one network

You should be able to plug in the 2nd router to the main one and set it up as an access point, im not sure if you could use it as a receiver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125336-can-you-connect-two-routers-one-network.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I currently have an orange broadband connection, this is connected throughout the house to several pc's and consoles, wired and wireless. I am about to have a second phoneline and broadband connected specifically for the gaming pc. Can have both of these broadband connections on the same network?

A:two broadband routers on one network??

Well, I'd look into a dual-WAN router if you want them all on one network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-broadband-routers-on-one-network.950660/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have DSL from Bellsouth and I have a block of static ips. These ip are used to all most fo my machines to gain access to the outside world.

I want to be able to set up a second router with privatly assigned IP's 192.168.x.x to work with my wireless system. I woud like them to be DHCP assigned.

Here is the kicker I want to use the Bellsouth Statics to give Internet access to the private IP's but I am not sure on where to look for this information or how to start.
I have a Netopia Modem/Router combo handling the STatic Ip's
I have a Linksys WRT54G handling the DHCP addresses

I thought bu configuring the Linksys router to have a Static IP address from Bellsouth would work but then again it didn't and I am here.

Any help will be appreaciated

Relevancy 49.45%

I m trying to setup networking printing between two different routers I have a Linksys BEFSR on and that s serving a WRT G on I ve set the WRT G to serve my Routers) (2 Network Printer wireless network and a wired computer on the range It also has a NAS solution there On the range there s two printers which are HP Color LaserJet n and a HP DeskJet plotter They are both statically assigned to avoid any conflicts and DHCP problems The problem starts with any computer on the range They cannot print to the printer Now this does not have a natively assigned network port It s being served by a Iomega USB Print Server and that s available through the browser at the address I can ping the print server and it responds I have to use a driver to set the printer up and when I m connected to the range I can print fine The minute I switch to the wireless and disconnect the range I can no longer print I can still however ping Network Printer (2 Routers) the IP address I m fairly technical but Network Printer (2 Routers) this is stumping me Is it a setting somewhere that will let me print My network should be setup correctly nbsp

A:Network Printer (2 Routers)

"The minute I switch to the wireless and disconnect the 1.100 range I can no longer print. I can still however ping the IP address."

This statement is confusing. What do you mean by "disconnect"? Like you have a pc on both subnets at the same time?

Can you ping from the .1.x network to the .3.x network?

You wouldn't have this issue if you had setup the WRT54G as a wireless switch not as a router. Everyone would be in the same subnet which is what your issue is about; not all being in the same subnet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-2-routers.699931/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys Wireless Network? Routers the on Same Two I currently have a Netgear DG PN Wireless Modem Router that plugs into my Gaming PC and my Dad s PC through ethernet However due Two Wireless Routers on the Same Network? to firewall problems I cannot run game servers that go to the net So I thought of this Is there a way to hook up two wireless routers onto the same network Or phone line I tried hooking the netgear router and a spare Netcomm Modem up through a phone line with a double adapter on the end and a spare modem connecting the Belkin to the internet but one would connect and the other would say its connected but wouldn t go to Google Is there a way to get pass this I m guessing I might have to ring the ISP but I dunno what to say about it My second theory was that if I hook the Belkin up from the Netgear and set it up I could connect my Laptop Server up to that Wiereless didn t work however running straight from cable did but when I went to login to the Router settings it went straight to the Netgear instead of the Belkin Is there a way to make it only go to the Belkin Thanks for your help UPDATE I can connect wirelessly from my Laptop with the Belkin plugged into the Netgear but it won t connect to internet even though its saying im connected to the Belkin wirelessly nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

First Windows ultimate bit Dell Inspiron Laptop KasperskyIS Intel wireless AGN There are two routers showing up on my network at times I have only one Real router Belkin N plus Imaginary router Linksys WRT http showing my routers up network! on Two i photobucket com albums y yoladango wierd jpg This is VERY disconcerting It seems to only be happening on my wireless computer Kaspersky reports nothing wrong I wonder if the multiple csrss exe instances and conhost exe have anything to do with this Can someone PLEASE help Thanks Dan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows System spool drivers w x E FATIEKA EXE C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Two routers showing up on my network! Security klwtblfs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system mmc exe R - HKCU Software Two routers showing up on my network! Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run EEventManager C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run EPSON ... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a network that is currently set up in the following way:
Modem -> vonage Motorola router -> wireless router

Most computers are hard wired to the Motorola router. Some other ones connect via the linkseys wireless router. All computers are able to connect to the Internet.

The problem I have is that I will be setting up a home computer as a file server connected to the Motorola router. The network acts as though it is two meaning that computers on one router can't see computers on the other router. What steps should I take in order to make all computers accessible through both routers.

Don't know if this helps:
When I type 192.168.1.1 from a computer on the Motorola router, I get nothing, when I type in my actual ip address, I get the Motorola router. When I type in 192.168.1.1 from a linkseys connected computer, I get access to the linkseys router.

A:Home network with two routers

Why aren't they all using the same router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-with-two-routers.1035964/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey I used to have a zoom X router that worked routers network? Two Solved: one half my house with wireless and a cable running to the other end of my house for Solved: Two routers one network? my pc simple worked just fine Then my dad decided he wanted wireless in the middle of the house i live in an old house so the walls are huge so no wireless outside the room the router is in so he bought a belkin g on the first day I plugged it in and tried to get it work and it seemed to work fine for an hour or so and ever since we have numerous problems - My laptop s working mac and Linux and his not vista - His laptop working mine not - Only able to connect via wireless no connection via Ethernet - And then no one finding the network at all but now I seem to have got it so it works fine from the zoom then when it reaches the belkin you can connect via wireless to it but strangely you cant connect via Ethernet to it I would like to try and set up the belkin as a switch or network extender what ever u call it so that i can basically have wireless through out the house and also connect numerous devices to it via Ethernet Here is a link to a diagram of the netwrok map i would like to acchive paint ftw Many thanks David nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I'm hoping someone can tell me some specific setting to use to correct an intermittent problem. My configuration:

Main wireless router: D-Link DIR-655 connected directly to my cable modem. Internal network address is 192.168.0.1.

Connected to this router (by twisted pair cable) is a second (older) wireless modem: Linksys WRT54GS with address 192.168.0.254.

Most of the time, each router works perfectly and internet access is perfect. The problem I have is that occasionally when a device connects to my "primary" router (D-Link), the assigned gateway by DHCP is the IP address of the "secondary" router (Linksys). When that happens, there is no external web access.

Any network gurus out there that can explain this and help correct the problem?

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Problem with 2 routers on same network

It sounds like you have 2 DHCP servers on the same network. That will never go well.

How are your routers physically connected to each other (LAN to LAN, LAN to WAN)?

Log into the web page of the 2nd router and disable DHCP. Ideally, you could be using the Linksys just as a switch and wireless access point. Connect nothing to the WAN port of the Linksys, and connect LAN to LAN on both routers.

That's how I do it here.

The 2nd way to do it would be to set the LAN IP range of the Linksys to 192.168.1.* and daisy chain your two networks (LAN port of Dlink to WAN port of Linksys) . This would destroy any existing peer to peer LAN stuff like file/print shring you may currently have, but it would allow every PC to access the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-2-routers-on-same-network.971882/
Relevancy 48.59%

Guyz I am having some real issue right now, after introducing a new Wireless Router for the conference the current network suddenly gone bad (Internet running slow, and won't work in some case - but if I disconnect/unplug the new Wireless Router everything is back in business)

Here is my network infrastructure.

The weird things is I got very good signal from New Wireless Router and able to ping most sites but having problem with browser won't loading the page. Also old network tense to lose it connectivity sometime able to use the net and some other time it won't and like I had mention before if I disconnect the new Wireless Router everything back to normal. The real question is, what did I do wrong please help me

A:Network trouble with multiple Routers

With that topology (wiring), I would make sure both wireless routers were
at the opposing ends of the channels; one on channel-1, the other on channel-11.

Set different SSIDs

Make sure ALL routers have the latest firmware
and ALL systems do too. It often makes a difference.

How many systems are on the downlink side of the HUB? You might find
better thruput and more reliability by using a switch.

Hey! Just noticed that the new wireless is attached to the modem-- what gives,
Don't tell me one is via rj45 and the other is USB; this doesn't work!
Move # 2 router to a lan port on router #1,
wireless#1(lan) --->wireless#2(lan) not the WAN!
make it an Access Point and disable DHCP on #2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-trouble-with-multiple-routers.73679/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok im trying to set up a home network using two routers..i drew a picture in paint...please dont batter my drawing skills....anyway i tried everything to get this working...the befsr41 is second router and the wcg200 is the main router with a built in modem both are made by linksys...i tried disabling dhcp on the second router but it wont grab an ip from the wcg200..i tried setting everything statically on the befsr41 side and still no go...but its weird when i have the befsr41 set to dhcp i can get on the internet and everything...but then most of my programs and games dont work...so if anyoen knows what wrong here any help would be
appreciated thanx

A:Home Network not working - two routers

What are the distances between red and blue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-not-working-two-routers.81271/
Relevancy 48.59%

Please can someone help and explain something to a complete numpty Started off Set To Through Routers Me A 2 Wireless Talk Using Network Please Up How using an Origo AR Modem Router for wired PCs - Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers which worked perfectly We got a laptop and wanted to go wireless so bought a Linksys WRK G wireless router I plugged the Internet port on the Linksys into the one of the ethernet ports on the Origo and left the wired PC into the Origo - the internet worked fined on wireless and wired PC BUT also wanted to network the computers so plugged a cable between one of the ethernet ports on each router - this worked OK too and now had internet and could share files amp printers Firstly does that sound like the right way to do things With it set up as above the two routers used to go crazy sometimes and all the lights would flash quickly and there d be Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers no connection anywhere This is solved by switching off back on the routers Now fiddling around with Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers it today to sort out another problem it seems I don t need the internet cable plugged in - with it like this I can t get into the Linksys s settings using Please could someone tell me the proper way to do it Thanks Phil nbsp

A:Please Talk Me Through How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using 2 Routers

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-talk-me-through-how-to-set-up-a-wireless-network-using-2-routers.520095/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys, so I recently signed up for Centurylink Prism TV and internet, they use a Cisco DDR2200 (modem+wireless router combo) which I've come to realize is only a "g" router, so I purchased a cheap Belkin N150 (which I intend to use as my main router). I've turned the wireless function off on the Cisco and have an ethernet cable running from a LAN port on the Cisco to the internet port on the Belkin.

The issue I'm having is how do I set up the IP addresses/DHCP servers for both routers? By default, the Cisco's IP address is 192.168.1.254 (I know, weird right?) with a DHCP range of 192.168.1.63 - 192.168.1.253. Whereas the Belkin's IP address is 192.168.2.1 . I guess I'm sort of at a loss on how to set this up to optimize my network. I appreciate all of the help!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Buddies,

I hope this forum may help me a lot. Can you please help me finding a solution for this issue?
I want to connect two different networks with 2 soho routers.

R#1 - 10.2.2.0/24
Router - 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports

R#2 - 10.1.1.0/24
Router - 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello What I am trying to do is set up wireless routers on the same network Here is a diagram of my shop that i am trying to do this in The first router is set up like this Modem Router port switch Router Now i have a router set up the orange square in the on up 2 same Setting network wireless routers office and it broadcast the wireless signal about as far as the orange circle i have it set up as with the dhcp turned on to Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network give out - The second router set up in shop is connected with a cable running from the switch to shop Its ip is and the dhcp is handing out - The cable running to the second router is plugged into LAN port not the WAN port The wireless on Router will not reach Router hinse why i Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network hard-wired it I have one computer plugged into LAN port of Router and i am having no problems with it My problems are with the laptops trying to run off the wireless They connect for a minute then disconnect They are not out of range because i have them sitting right next to Router I can set it up to were Router network is diffrent from Router and i can get on the internet Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network fine But the desktop wired to Router needs to be on the same network as everyone elses on Router because there are files on the server hooked to Router that we need access to If someone can give me a hint on what i am doing wrong for Router it would be appreciated nbsp

A:Setting up 2 wireless routers on same network

why not let the first router do all the DHCP ?

see here

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-wireless-routers-on-same-network.1040875/
Relevancy 48.59%

This may seem like a slightly bizzare request but basically me and my housemate have just moved into our new house and we have separate desktops in separate rooms that are too far apart to reach via a wired connection and there is no space for cabling through the Using connections Network Routers Home different 2 from walls due to the amount of graphics cards being used in each desktop as well we were unable to install a wireless card due to lack of PCI slots meaning a wireless connection is not really an option unless we use a USB wireless connection which we are trying to avoid due to speed issues I was Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections therefore wandering Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections if its possible to use separate routers plugged in to different phone plugs on the wall to allow us both to access the internet We are not bothered about being on a network or anything like this we only wish to both have fast internet access I called the o tech support people and they claimed that if we used a different router plugged into a different phone plug this would allow us both to use internet just on separate networks and i would just like to ask if anyone knows if this is true Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections Thanks in advance Hotcrossbun nbsp

A:Home Network Using 2 Routers from different connections

Well you can do that... Sure. Well just use 2 modems and then one router and plug both of the modems into the router and then connect the router to the computers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-using-2-routers-from-different-connections.945575/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have two Netgear routers (N150 and DG834) and want to set them up so that in my office (external to the house) I have wired internet connection and in the house wireless, the office is too far away to run the wireless for the house there. The router in the office is connected to the ADSL line with the router in the house connected to it via a network cable.

I have disabled wireless on the office router however when i try to run both routers together I get an IP Address Conflict, I know I need to change the IP address so that they don't conflict but when I have tried this it hasn't worked and I have had to reset the router to the able to access it.

Any advice and / or solutions would be gratefully received.

A:Network Multiple Routers - IP Conflict

If you are cascading the routers (LAN port of first connected to WAN port of second) they have to use different LAN subnets. Since they both probably default to 192.168.1.x change one of them; for example, to 192.168.3.x).

If you want the office and house devices to all be on the same local network connect/configure as follows.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-multiple-routers-ip-conflict.984628/
Relevancy 48.59%

Well, next week I am wiring my house with CAT-6. I'm going to have a firewall, and 2 routers in the computer room, from the firewall, CAT-6 Cables will go through the house to the living room, the garage, the bedroom, the kitchen and the work shop. All of which I am planning on giving their own routers, preferably all the same type; but I can't decide which one to use. Should I use the Netgear WGR614:

or the Linksys/Cisco WRT54G:

Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to connect two routers to simulate different networks for testing purposes. For the sake of simplicity, one of them has a network address of 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 and the other 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. First of all, do I need a patch or cross-over cable? I tried connecting them both ways but could not even ping the other router. Do I need to set up routes in both routers configuration? Does it make any difference what routing protocol I choose?

If there are any resources on the net that provide a crash course in these topics, please point me in that direction.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a problem that comes with a long story so sorry i have cable internet which is set up inside my house the cable modem is connecet to a Two see routers cant on wireless network Solved: computers wireless router via a ethernet cable to the wan port This is then connected to a wireless access router via port one of wr to the wan port of wr this is set up in an office about mts away from wr on wr i have disabled the wireless as this caused many problems an connected an access point as advised by dlink wr also has two other computers Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network connected to it including an exchange server these are connected to the wr ports All computers can connect to the internet via Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network the access point or wr or wr without an issue All computers in the area of wr and the access point can see all computers on the network but when anything is connected to wr they cannot see the exchange server or any computers on the network lan settings as advised by dlink wr wr I am at my witts end nbsp

A:Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network

Here's the recipe for connecting two routers to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-wireless-routers-cant-see-computers-on-network.656402/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello My belkin wireless AP has recently died and im having to use an old O Thompson wireless modem router for wireless connectivity The wireless connectivity doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment connection is good The weird problem is my PC and a couple of other LAN enabled devices that are connected to the network are connecting to this old Thompson router and I don't know why The current setup is as follows Virgin Superhub Netgear cable router LAN - Port --- gt --- gt powered switch box This switch box contains ports all of which are consumed and ONE of the ports is the Thompson old router which I am using for wireless Basically as confusing as im making this sound I want all LAN devices to connect to the virgin router via the switch box and the virgin router to assign a ip address like it used too and my for pc to also connect to this virgin router like it used too BUT NOW my computer and all other LAN devices seem to be connected to this bizarre old Thompson wireless modem router and its assigning ips to my devices many thanks stuart

A:Router / Networking Problem, 2 Routers Same Network

Plug the router into one of the free ports on the Virgin, but not no. 1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330071-router-networking-problem-2-routers-same-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I am experiencing loss over home routers Packet network - two packet loss over my home network in the following configuration I have two wireless routers D-Link connected to a cable modem via WAN port Belkin Wireless N router with quot Act as access point enabled quot A wireless laptop connects to either access point or a PC connects directly into router or into router via a switch plugged into one of the ports on router A meter cable runs between the two routers on a LAN port When the cable is connected I experience some packet loss when pinging youtube com and a slowing down when accessing secure http sites from either Packet loss over home network - two routers router Youtube com malfunctions when playing videos -- but most other web usage appears to work If I disconnect the uplink cable then I have none of the above symptoms I m currently using a patch cable to link the routers Update I have just borrowed a brand-new meter cross-over cable and I m getting the same packet loss with that as the uplink cable in at least two scenarios pings to youtube com via a PC plugged directly into router gives packet loss A wireless client connected to either access point gives Lost loss Then a PC plugged into the switch which is also plugged into router router gives Lost loss What I m doing seems to be quite common and I ve read of successful setups on this forum Please could someone advise nbsp

A:Packet loss over home network - two routers

Check the wiring of the cable, it would be my top suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-over-home-network-two-routers.941862/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an existing network with Verizon FiOS that has the router built in to the modem We have computers hooked to that network wired wireless I have a server machine that I am using to practice for my MS certification exams I have Windows Server installed It is an Active Directory domain controller with DNS and DHCP multiple routers, clients 1 with 2 server, Network I also have an old laptop with XP Pro Neither of these are on our existing network My goal Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients is to connect these machines to another router with wireless capabilities turned off and then connect this router to the existing one to provide internet access to the new machines I want the server to operate as DNS and Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients DHCP I do not want the router s to do it So the existing router FiOS has an IP of and it gives IP s to the machines connected to it This is fine but when I connect the server and XP machines to the new router I want the server to give out IP addresses not the router I also want to be able to join the XP machine to the AD Domain on the server so I can start playing with RIS and assigning permissions and all the other stuff I Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients need to learn for my exams Existing router Actiontec MI -WR New router Netgear WGR v All computers are XP Pro except for the server and one Windows Ultimate laptop Does anyone know how to do this and make everything work correctly I hope I ve given enough information Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

You can have domain running in the home with the equipment you have posted above. I did that here myself. You need Windows client OS that supports domain. Pro series does. Server 2003 has NAT feature and can be your router using additional network card. One Card would be labeled WAN and the other would be called LAN. This can be connected to a 5/8/16/24/48-port switch or even add AP to the mix. So it would be modem to Server to external switch. Having the Server with DNS, DHCP and Active Directory active plus the NAT works great. Take some time to get it all working though. For extra SPI hardware firewall I had use one of those belkin wireless turned off wi-fi, DHCP then connected the server LAN to Belkin then back to the switch. This is optional don't have to do this just saying that's how I did it.

Or

Use a wireless router connect only server to and use external switch from the router to your other network devices. This is another way to do with on domain. Doing this way you don't need to install another Nic card in the server box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-with-2-routers-1-server-multiple-clients.145914/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 6 computers in a small office.
There are 3 DSL modems which feeds 2 computers each. These are also 4-port wireless routers.
The OS's are VISTA and XP.
I want them all to be able to print to one network printer but I'm not sure how to set it up

Ethernet Switch?

Im also not good at understanding the whole DHCP server and router configurations

please help.
Thank You7

Relevancy 48.16%

Today I decided to move my modem-router over the phone cables box. After plenty of holes and plenty of UTP cable I got +2-2.5Mbit and I'm pretty happy about it.
There is however a small problem however.

In the position of the modem-router I installed a router and now I see no network (with the IP 192.168.1.x) from the network 192.168.0.x

Check the image to see more details

What's wrong the IP? I have definitely something wrong! Does any subnet need changing? Do I have to change the IP address of the modem-router that ends on the switch?
HELP!!!

A:Setting up 2 modem-routers and 1 router, cannot see 2nd network

The second router needs to be configured as a WAP if you want them all to see each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-modem-routers-and-1-router-cannot-see-2nd-network.909434/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have wireless Linksys E routers My goal is to create an unrestricted public hotspot and a Network and Solved: Hotspot with 2 Private Routers normal secure network all using a single DSL connection I realize the E has this capability built in but I ran into several problems Its public hotspot requires a password - which is entered by the client on a browser page it serves up That doesn t work if your client doesn t use a browser e g Nintendo DS I want to use DHCP for my hotspot and static IPs for my home network but if that s even possible - and I have my Solved: Hotspot and Private Network with 2 Routers doubts - it would require the Solved: Hotspot and Private Network with 2 Routers use of the E s control panel But once you use the control panel you permanently lock out your ability to control the hotspot via the Linksys software - this is completely stupid design on Linksys part but Solved: Hotspot and Private Network with 2 Routers it is what it is I ve also seen articles that say you accomplish what I m trying to do with a single router by using DD-WRT but the E isn t supported by DD-WRT plus I m a little nervous about turning my router into a brick So my plan was to do something like this Connect an E to my DSL modem This will be my quot public quot router Make it a DHCP server with no wireless security whatsoever Connect the second E to the first This will the router for my private network Turn off DHCP The private router would be locked down static IP WPA WPA etc My thinking is that the quot public quot router will basically allow anything with a WiFi antenna to connect to the internet handing out IP addresses as necessary The second router will get its WAN IP from the first router Questions Will this even work Are there any security problems Would router get its IP dynamically from router or do I assign it a static IP If so how do I do that i e what settings do I use on both router and router What IP would my private network laptop desktop etc use as the gateway Would I just use a straight-through cable from a public router LAN port to the WAN port on the private router If I decide to add some basic security e g WEP on the hotspot router if I have problems with say neighbors sucking up my bandwidth how would my guests connect Do they have to set up a new network Or what I ve seen references on the interwebs that a setup using routers might cause problems due to quot Double NAT quot What problems A similar thread on this subject mentioned connecting router to router s DMZ but this is over my head How would you do that Anything else THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I have seen the post here http forums techguy org networking -solved-mixing-wireless-wep-wpa html however this does not seem to work for me My details - D-Link DIR quot new quot router running WPA for most wireless and some wired connections configured to IP internally and externally to my static IP address from my ISP This is connected to my cable with routers? WPA2 and network WEP Sharing 2 Solved: modem and is working beautifully Linksys WRT GS quot old quot router running WEP encrytion that hooks up to wireless cameras that are not WPA capable Question how to hook these routers up so that they both connect to the internet I have connected the quot old quot router s WAN connection to a port on the quot new quot router I m now unsure how to configure the routers to make this work I have tried setting the IP address of the old router to a static address and then putting that IP address in the DMZ on my new router SSID s of the routers are different I can individually connect to either router either wired or wirelessly From the new router I can see the internet and other devices connected to that router Connecting to the old router lets me see devices connected to it but not to the internet It s like the two are on separate networks and not talking to each other Does anyone have any ideas I feel like it s probably something simple that I m missing Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

i successfully connected an old g-router to my Netgear DGN3300 with the help of this tutorial.

But the old router does not have guestnetwork (I do have very secure normal network, and a separate guestnetwork on the DGN 3300). If i buy a new router that has guestnetwork (even if it is the same DGN3300), will that also enable both networks on the accesspoint-router? I would think so, but want to be sure before i buy a new one.

Thanks,

Kay

A:connect 2 routers but with gues and standard network

I will have to look at the link more tomorrow but if each device is on a different subnet then yes your local network is secure. If they are the same then guest network can most likely access your local PC's.
Example.
192.168.1.2 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
And
192.168.2.2 with subner mask 255.255.255.0 are on 2 different networks.

Then
192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 are on the same network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260260-connect-2-routers-but-gues-standard-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok looking for a good answer here. Is it possible to isolate 1 PC that connects to a buisness network via VPN through a router from 3 other lap tops on a LAN by using another router. My idea was this...

1st Router with 4 ports has DHCP enabled to a hub and 2 of the PC's the other PC to the hub. Then the PC that needs isolating goes to a second router that has the first router as its gateway.

How does this sound to all? Any good sugestion would be great.

Thanks all

A:Network design problem 2 routers 1 line

connects to a buisness network via VPN through Click to expand...

My experiance on a home network of VPN is onece my laptop was VPN connected to the coporate netwrok - my home network was blocked and I could not access any components on my network and no other PC could access my laptop - once i dropped the VPN line of course it was all available to the home network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-design-problem-2-routers-1-line.574380/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently went to PC world and asked them about extending my network to an office that is situated in the garage beside my house. A phone line is present which is just taken from the same line that is in my house. The office is around 50m from my current wireless modem router (netgear dgn2000).

They supplied me with dLAN duo and a belkin wireless router (n150 - enhanced wireless router). however i do not know how to set this up. would anybody be able to tell me how? i currently have one of the dlan adpaters connected to ethernet port 1 in the netgear router and do not know where to connect the other one. i am also having problems setting up the belkin router. Thanks in advance

A:Extend wirless network by using 2 routers and dLAN duo?

OK, I'll take a stab, this sounds like fun.

You have two wireless routers and 2 powerline adapters/bridges that will interface with either USB or ethernet. The first wireless router already has the high speed modem connected to WAN port and is working properly. The second router is not yet configured and the power line adapters have not yet been utilized.

First, connect one of the powerline adapters to the LAN port of the router that already has internet. You'll need a CAT5 ethernet patch cable. Now, plug that powerline deal into the wall. Then, repeat this for the other router. Now remember with this new router you do NOT want anything plugged into the WAN port, furthurmore you need to disable DHCP and configure the same essid name but a different channel.

That should get you going in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-wirless-network-by-using-2-routers-and-dlan-duo.938214/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am probably making this more compicated than it is, but here goes:
(picture with 1000 words) Here is what I am trying to accomplish, but I am abit confused by all the various settings, WAN, LAN, Subnet, etc...

Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Network Setup w/Multiple routers

You can either configure the Netopia 2210N into bridge mode and use the WRT54G as a standard router connected to the WAN port of the Linksys, or configure the WRT54G as a WAP.

In any case, you'll want to configure the Linksys BEFW11s4 as a WAP using the following configuration. This applies to the WRT54G as well if you decide not to bridge the Netopia.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-setup-w-multiple-routers.866917/
Relevancy 48.16%

Not a big deal ..i hope , but i have recently noticed in Exploring my Drive that when i click on "Network" 
Alway`s  shown is my Modem Router listed as Tplink TD - W8960N which is what i run - so thats fine.

Yet sometimes,  i notice not always another listed as TD - W8968 which i never have owned or used.

I have updated Firmware , changed password for access and Wireless Key etc on the TD - W8960N.

The other still shows up occasionally { the TD - W8968 } , and why i dont know ? should i be worried that someone is compromising my Modem/Router.

A:Network Infrastucture - Shows 2 Modem Routers ?

lease download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604310/network-infrastucture-shows-2-modem-routers/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 3 computers in our home network. My computer is in our bedroom with Vista OS which is connected to a USRobotic router that connects to the cable modem. From the USrobotics router there is another network cable that runs down to the basement to a lynksys switch, where a computer with XP Pro is attached(hopping to change it to Linux OS and make it a server) from that switch another cable runs to the garage to a lynksys router that runs a cable to a spare bedroom connecting compact machine with XP home edtion, that has a printer, copier connected to it.
I would like to access that printer from the other 2 computers.
How do I configure the routers to do this? and maybe the switch too.
Thank
Ron

Relevancy 48.16%

I m trying to set up two routers in my home network so I can have more Ethernet jacks in my home network My one router alone does 2 Home Running in Solved: Network my Routers not have enough ports to feed all my computers so I thought I would hook up my older router but I m not sure exactly how I need to do this My primary router which is receiving the signal from my DSL modem is D-link DIR- which I hope to run in wireless N as well The second router is a USR which I hope to run in wireless G for legacy devices Here is generally what I am trying to achieve Basically the red lines represent the connection router setting changes I need to make between the two routers Since the routers Solved: Running 2 Routers in my Home Network are literally right next to one another I can either wire them together or go wireless whichever is easier I ve tried running an Ethernet cable from LAN Solved: Running 2 Routers in my Home Network port of the D-link to LAN port on the USR with mixed results one one occasion I lost my wireless G signal and on another several of my wired devices wouldn t connect I also tried running a Ethernet cable from jack on the D-link to the WAN input on the USR and successfully transmitted a wireless G signal from the USR but could not get a wired connection from the USR I really have no idea what to do Could someone tell me what I should be doing nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I m trying to replace two wireless routers in a home wireless network set up The network consists of One Belkin router going into a Cable Modem Time Warner In the LAN ports of this router there are two connections that represent data ports upstairs a network Replacing wireless routers home set up on I can t get into the config sheet of this router The second Belkin router is Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up in the lady s study and it is hard-wired to its WAN port I can get into the config page and it is and it has DHCP Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up on although curiously when I wirelessly connect to it and right click the wireless network connection in the properties sheet it shows as access point The third Belkin router is in a bedroom at Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up the opposite end of the house and it wasn t hard wired and I can t get into its config sheet My guess is that it must have been hard wired into the data port on the wall as these routers can not act as wireless repeaters When I swap numbers and out neither of the two new ones can connect to the Internet which makes me think that router is mac address controlled or the cable modem is blocking Internet access I m at the point where I think I am going to have to break everything and start from scratch but I am hesitant without knowing how the existing network was set up as ideally I just want to mimic it but with fresh hardware On the new routers when I connect to the interface I can set up all the security etc but the only thing that is missing is internet connectivity Cyber pint to anyone that can shed any light on what I should do next nbsp

A:Replacing routers on a home wireless network set up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-routers-on-a-home-wireless-network-set-up.916973/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I suspect the reason I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to install this printer on a host pc in a separate room of our lab is that two routers are involved and each is connected to a unique LAN wall port. I attempted to accomplish installation by printer name and IP address but, no luck. I need access to the printer by three more host computers (i.e., coupled to instrumentation). Can anyone here offer assistance?

Please relocate if necessary. I thought this issue to be best described as a network rather than hardware thread.

A:Network Printer Behind Two Routers - Need Assistance to Install

WHat Printer is it make and model please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331599-network-printer-behind-two-routers-need-assistance-install.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok so I'll try and explain this, hopefully someone will be able to help me!

We have a 2wire 1000hw router, it has only ONE (1) ethernet port in the back, which goes from that 2wire router, straight to the main computer. However, there is another computer in the room that needs internet. And since there is only one ethernet port in the back of the 2wire router, I had to route that ethernet cable to a Linksys router I have, which now connects both computers to the internet.

However, the main computer is connected to a "2wire" network, while the other computer is connected to the "linksys" network. How can I combine, or just make them both the "2wire" network?

A:Combine two routers into one network (2wire and Linksys)

the '2wire 1000hw router' is a DSL Modem+Router device.

you should be able to connect like this

Code:
phone line---DSL router---Linksys
and then connect all systems directly (or wireless) to the Linksys

the wire from the DSL device goes to the WAN connection on the Linksys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/combine-two-routers-into-one-network-2wire-and-linksys.130445/
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 47.73%

I d like to configure two routers one bridged or cascaded from the first supporting the same internal networks home and guest However I d two separate same content on network, for DNS possible? filtering Cascade routers for also like to have them use separate DNS services - one my default ISP service and the other OpenDNS Reason being is I d like to content filter my children s devices at the DNS level as Apple s site level filtering is well nonexistent But I want to be able to access the web unfiltered from my own and my wife s computers I m not filtering for porn or games but rather for Youtube and NicoNicoDouga Japan My kids have been overusing the video sites After trying voluntary compliance in many forms I ve decided I just have to limit usage of the sites to when they are on parental computers as we are generally around at those times I know I can take Safari off the ipods and ipads - I ve done that with YouTube s app but I want to allow them to use the net - just not stream anime anytime they want So is this Cascade two routers on same network, separate DNS for for content filtering possible? doable Is there a Cascade two routers on same network, separate DNS for for content filtering possible? better method that I haven t heard of Any other way to do this and still maintain my children s access to the network at home while blocking Youtube All devices un-jailbroken btw Thanks WiseFool nbsp

A:Cascade two routers on same network, separate DNS for for content filtering possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascade-two-routers-on-same-network-separate-dns-for-for-content-filtering-possible.1098373/