Windows Support Forum

Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Q: Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-geforce-gt-610-problem.197095/
Relevancy 70.95%

Yes as the 5200 FX card my Problem with AGP newly bought XFX Geforce title says I have a Problem with my newly bought XFX Geforce FX 5200 AGP card problem with my new graphics card before I get started I d just like to say that this is the first grapics card I ve bought after researching graphics cards My system I made with this card is Asus mobo P Problem with my newly bought XFX Geforce FX 5200 AGP card P SE Mushkin dual pack x MB DDR RAM Total Gig Intel P Ghz Processor Prescott Gb Seagate harddrive Lite-on DVD combo Drive HP R W CD drive Sony FDD All except the HP R W CD drive bought from Newegg com Problem with Card and system My graphics card and system seem to restart by itself when it over heats so I uped the heat shut off to C but it still has problems and now the card isn t work with my monitor a KDS Radius quot LCD screen and all the proper drivers are loaded from the Problem with my newly bought XFX Geforce FX 5200 AGP card nVIDIA website and I don t know what to do can anyone give me advice to get it to work at all because I don t really want to have to return it Thanks muchly for any input Edit Forgot I m running this all off a W PSU so I don t know if that helps along with a total of mm fans in my case Not to mention if I m forgetting any important info tell me and I ll find it I d like to get this fixed cause it is headache city nbsp

A:Problem with my newly bought XFX Geforce FX 5200 AGP card

It sounds like the card is overheating and that could have damaged the card. The 5200's seem to be very troublesome. If you can get a 5500 or a Radeon 9550. Thay dont cost much more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-newly-bought-xfx-geforce-fx-5200-agp-card.23013/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I am new to the boards and I am having a big problem with the RAM I just bought for one of my laptops I have an IBM Thinkpad T Gz Pentium It came with sticks of mb PC DDR SoDIMM RAM When I checked out buying upgrades for it I found that the PC should alsowork for this laptop so I bought sticks of mb PC Now no matter what I do the laptop will only read one stick even if I put back in the RAM it came with it newly problem RAM another Yet installed with only reads what is in slot and Yet another problem with newly installed RAM thinks slot is empty I have updated all drivers on the machine and it still refuses to see the other slot The only time I got it to see the other one was to reseat it when the computer was booted and reboot but then it would either freeze or would work fine until I tried to reboot again Yet another problem with newly installed RAM and then would not boot up Both sticks are good as I currently have the other in my other laptop and it is Yet another problem with newly installed RAM reading it fine Can anyone help me Thanks Anna nbsp

A:Yet another problem with newly installed RAM

Take a very good look (using a magnifier) at those memory slots. You may have some dirt in one of them, perhaps you do not insert them correctly and all the way, or maybe you damaged a slot when you removed the old memory. They should fit in in only one way.
Take 'em all out, then reinsert them.Try different combinations old/new as well.
You can go to www.memtest.org and get memtest86, to do a testrun on that memory. You'll either need a floppy or a bootable CD. Instructions on the website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-problem-with-newly-installed-ram.32346/
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently upgraded my Compaq Presario CQ56 from the 2 gigs of Ram it had to 8 gigs. The problem is that its only reading 3.74 Gigs of it as usable. I know that my laptop can handle 8 gigs, I just don't know what the problem is.

A:Problem with newly installed Ram, not using all of it

Quote: Originally Posted by Firepot

I recently upgraded my Compaq Presario CQ56 from the 2 gigs of Ram it had to 8 gigs. The problem is that its only reading 3.74 Gigs of it as usable. I know that my laptop can handle 8 gigs, I just don't know what the problem is.

Sounds like maxx RAM is set to 4 gigs on config.sys.

Check it by start>config.sys and untick the max ram and max cpu boxes. This assumes of course you are running 64 bit as your specs indicate.,

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193646-problem-newly-installed-ram-not-using-all.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey. I have Vista Ultimate x64 and i have a problem. If you look in the picture you see all programs in yellow box. I go to the programs in yellow box, i click them and it should dissapear but it doesn't. And the new program that i install aren't in yellow box. What should i do? I think Brink know ....

A:A problem with Highlight newly installed programs

Thats not a problem. Eventually the highlight will go away. If it bothers you though, you can turn the highlight feature off.

right click taskbar>Properties>Start menu>Customize>uncheck box, click ok.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223383-problem-highlight-newly-installed-programs.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey there Just a bit of Windows Newly Problem 7 Office on Activation 2010 installed background I recently upgraded my fianc e's fathers compaq laptop from Vista to Windows Professional with the student upgrade package offer In doing I chose a custom install and the old files are still stored on the Office 2010 Activation Problem on Newly installed Windows 7 computer The problem came when I attempted to install Office Academic back onto the laptop This version of Office was another purchase using student deals so the product key could be used on different computers my fienc es laptop and her dads laptop The laptop previously had the same version of Office before the upgrade to windows However now windows is loaded when I try to install Office it claims Office 2010 Activation Problem on Newly installed Windows 7 that the Office key is incorrect and refuses to accept it and install I'm usually ok Office 2010 Activation Problem on Newly installed Windows 7 with sorting these kinds of things out but i'm pretty stumped as to where to go with this and the Microsoft Office site is shall we say less than helpful Thanks for any help Wowdude P S If this is already in another thread i'm happy to accept a re-direction but I couldn't find anything of this nature

A:Office 2010 Activation Problem on Newly installed Windows 7

This is the UK MS activation center. I would call them to sort it out.

United Kingdom

(44) (203) 147 4930
(0) (800) 018 8354

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/206010-office-2010-activation-problem-newly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

A virus or something hit my Compaq computer I have Windows XP and Norton Anti-virus Norton was in the process of blocking the virus when the system froze up completey and a re-boot was the only option Some of the XP start up files were corrupted or deleted or something so that Windows XP will no longer start properly The welcome screen comes up fine but the desktop is now just a completely blank blue screen no error messages no icons no start menu task bar nothing So I cannot open any programs or do anything except Windows XP? installed programs installed open I do newly on How previously a CNTRL ALT DEL to shut down or restart I tried to do a restore in safe mode - didn t work Then I tried to re-install XP in repair mode and I kept getting error messages that certain multiple files could not be copied In the end the repair installation was unsuccessful So How do I open previously installed programs on a newly installed Windows XP? I did a complete new install of How do I open previously installed programs on a newly installed Windows XP? Windows XP to a new folder c windows This install worked fine Now there are versions of XP on my computer and when I boot How do I open previously installed programs on a newly installed Windows XP? up I have to choose which one to use My question is regarding the programs that were already installed such as MS Office Norton Anti-Virus Family Tree Maker etc How do I get the newly installed XP to recognize these programs which were previously used by the now dysfunctional XP When the new XP starts and I click on programs none of the programs installed on the computer are listed How do I pull them in to the new XP If I re-install the programs then I won t have my data saved in the previous version such as contacts in Outlook Express and research in Family Tree Maker Is there a way to have the newly installed XP recognize the programs that were installed under the older XP If I can transfer all these programs and data then I will delete the older dysfunctional XP nbsp

A:How do I open previously installed programs on a newly installed Windows XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-open-previously-installed-programs-on-a-newly-installed-windows-xp.602498/
Relevancy 61.49%

to boot up Here's my issue I have a HP Desk top w I with newly installed my get (1TB) 7 installed Hard do Win Drive How a standard GB hard Drive I bought a new Hard drive TB Western Digital so that I could move everything to the new one and use the old one as storage I had trouble even formatting the new drive but eventually got it and successfully installed a full version How do I get my newly installed Hard Drive (1TB) with Win 7 installed of Win the old hard drive has Win Vista with Win upgrade on it When I boot up the computer I receive a message asking which WIN i want to use and actually either one works I wanted to format my old drive so that I would only have one Operating system w WIN installed I tried to format it the old drive at the command prompt but alas it wouldn't let me So I said the hell with it and opened the case and disconnected the power cord first and then I unplugged the SATA cable as well How do I get my newly installed Hard Drive (1TB) with Win 7 installed as the power How do I get my newly installed Hard Drive (1TB) with Win 7 installed cable to the hard drive I tried to re-start the computer but now it says cannot find something unable to read or error So I take it something is missing from the new WIN install to my new hard drive WOuld luv a simple fix explanation from someone waay more knowledgeable than myself Thanks in Advance R Dave

A:How do I get my newly installed Hard Drive (1TB) with Win 7 installed

Did you by any chance have both drives connected when you reinstalled? If so, your boot files may be on the 320 gig drive.

Try running a startup repair--you may have to run it 3 times.

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/191444-how-do-i-get-my-newly-installed-hard-drive-1tb-win-7-installed.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I just installed window 8 and loving it so far. A few questions. How do I delete all the old programs from windows 7? I want top reload the ones I want. I want to have more disk space and clear up the hard drive. I want to get rid of all the programs I loaded on windows 7.

Also, how do you search for programs? The old task menu in od, windows had the search with accessories.

Aside from that all is great.

Thanks

A:Newly Installed

Hello Teak, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Luckily, you can uninstall programs the same way as in Windows 7 through Programs and Features.
Programs and Features - Uninstall or Change a Program - Windows 7 Help Forums
The Apps screen will show you a list of all installed programs that you can open them from. It'll be easier to use than searching for them.

Apps Screen - Open in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/39208-newly-installed.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently bought a copy of Windows 7 and installed it, put the product key in and it has been working fine for a few weeks. Suddenly, it's saying "This copy of Windows is not genuine." The computer has only ever had Windows 7 on it. I read that it could be an issue if I used an "upgrade" version of Windows 7. I'm not sure if that's what I have or not. I ordered "Windows 7 Premium." It says, "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade" but it doesn't say it's an upgrade version.

Now, when I try to put the product key in, it's saying it's invalid. Can anyone help me? I tried calling Microsoft but keep getting a busy signal.

A:Newly installed Win 7

HiDid you activate it? It will run 30 days without activation and then give you that error message.I have never hit a busy signal with Microsoft. Are you sure you are calling the right number? Do not use a number from Google search.Activate Windows 7 on this computer Activate using the telephoneIf Windows isn't able to activate online, you'll have the option to activate Windows 7 using an automated phone system. Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.‌ Click Show me other ways to activate. Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next. Click Use the automated phone system. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next. Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process. When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad. Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you. Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions. If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470848/newly-installed-win-7/
Relevancy 57.19%

fresh install of XP home SP and device manager has yellow question mark under a few things under quot other devices quot i managed to download and install drivers for my audio to work the sound plays Newly installed SP2 XP and all but heres a list of things with the question mark -Other Devices --Audio Device on High Newly installed XP SP2 Definition Audio Bus --Network Controller --Other PCI Bridge Device --SM Bus Controller --Video Controller VGA Compatible I have a VisionTek Radeon HD Pro mb video card i added thats what the monitor is plugged into and im getting video the screen is very laggy tho if Newly installed XP SP2 i move a window around The video connection does not work with the monitor connection that came with the computer only with the one i installed Display properties Default Monitor on resolution by I really just need help getting this computer back online i put a drive finder program on there also i could use the search online option for drivers for the rest of everything my PC specs Product MPN MPN RE AA Key Features Processor AMD Sempron GHz Chipset What is quot Chipset quot NVIDIA GeForce LE Installed Memory MB DDR SDRAM Operating System What is quot Operating System quot Microsoft Windows Newly installed XP SP2 XP Home Edition HDD Size GB Optical Drive Type DVD-ROM DVD Burner CD-ROM CD Burner Recommended Use Home Use Processor Processor Type What is quot Processor Type quot AMD Sempron Processor Speed What is quot Processor Speed quot GHz Processor Manufacturer AMD Socket Type What is quot Socket Type quot Socket AM Processor Upgradability Upgradable Installed Qty Max Processors Qty Motherboard Bus Speed MHz Video Output Interface PCI Express Memory RAM Technology DDR SDRAM Installed RAM What is quot Installed RAM quot MB lt ---UPGRADE TO GB --IS RECOGNIZED AND WORKING FINE Max Supported RAM GB Number of Memory Slots x Pin DIMMs Supported RAM Speeds MHz Installed Cache Memory KB Technical Features Integrated Input Output Ports USB x RJ Lan Port x PS Mouse x PS Keyboard x RJ Phone Jack x Input Expansion Bays x quot External Access x quot Internal Access x quot External Access Expansion Slots PCI Express x x PCI x Hard Drive Hard Drive Capacity What is quot Hard Drive Capacity quot GB Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA Hard Drive Rotation Speed RPM Controller Type Serial ATA CD DVD Optical Drive Type What is quot Optical Drive Type quot CD-RW DVD-ROM Combo Optical Drive Read Speed x DVD x CD Optical Drive Write Speed x CD-R Optical Drive ReWrite Speed x CD-RW Audio Video Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce LE lt --UPGRADED READ ABOVE Video Out Ports Pin D-Sub VGA port x Audio Input Microphone Jack x Line In Audio Output Type Headphones Line out Integrated Audio AC Audio Codec Modem Modem Type Fax Modem Networking Networking Type Integrated Network Card Data Link Protocol Ethernet Fast Ethernet Dimensions Width in Depth in Height in Weight lb Warranty Warranty Year Miscellaneous OS Certified What is quot OS Certified quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Family Line Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario Please help

A:Newly installed XP SP2

Hi -This site has the latest drivers for your Vision Tec Radeon HD 2600 card - That can be one problem -The others should be able to be found by normal driver search in control panel -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308980/newly-installed-xp-sp2/
Relevancy 57.19%

I just installed a SSD, Crucial M4 64GB, which for now is connected via a SATAII header. If connected to the SATAIII, where it should be, it, or any drive, appears as a USB card with the Safely Remove icon.With it on SATAII it doesn't get the most performance. Any drive on SATAII shows as a normal HDD in computer. I have a 320GB HDD on the SATAIII header for storage in this snip.Performance seems a bit off for a SSD too, but I think that will improve after TRIM has more time to work.

A:SSD newly installed

The "eject devices" icon is actually perfectly normal if you're running in AHCI mode, because of the hotplugging feature that comes with it. Since you'll never unplug your OS drive of course (and it probably wouldn't let you anyway), just ignore the icon.

You say it doesn't appear with devices connected to the SATA-II ports vs. SATA-III. That makes me wonder if you have separate BIOS settings to configure either one as IDE or AHCI, independently of the other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197396-ssd-newly-installed.html
Relevancy 56.76%

If I install a new, formatted but empty SSD into my computer and then boot up from a Windows disk image file that I have on an external drive, will it transfer the OS along with everything else to the new internal SSD? If not, how do I do that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391444-working-newly-installed-ssd.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a computer that is about years old I am currently running XP Home Edition mhz RAM AMD Athlon Processor Previously had Windows Millieum Edition Was freezing occasionally at any time with that Tried newly freezing!!!!!!!!!!! installed xp some updates to eliminate it and Thought that there were too many bugs with Millinieum so Decided to install Windows XP about weeks ago It now freezes on startup Usually get a black screen newly installed xp freezing!!!!!!!!!!! but the CPU is running Shut it off After getting it started again it will freeze up at the Welcome or the next screen and then it will shut off itself and keep restarting itself Sometime after a couple of attempts at starting I unplug it and plug it back in Sometimes that works newly installed xp freezing!!!!!!!!!!! and some times it still takes a couple more times to startup I have taken the cover off of the CPU and cleared all the dust out I ran a DRWATson Nothing there I have only Microsoft startup programs running Reinstalled XP yesterday and it didn t help at all Don t know what else to do Would appreciate any help Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I just installed a new program (DVD FAB 8) and everything seemed fine. When I click on the icon to run it, the cursor activity thingy (little blue spinning circle) shows up as if something is about to happen, then it disappears and nothing happens.

This happened to another program recently too (Ralink Wireless Control Center), so it's not just this current one.

Programs that have already been installed for a while, are working fine.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, a very capable PC, and AVG free Antivirus (not windows security) is the only security running. That wasn't the case last week with other program though, I had uninstalled my AV to see if that was the issue... it wasn't).

I did install a new video card, that is the only change I made recently.

Any help ?

Thanks a lot.

A:Newly installed programs won't run, but old ones will ?!

Have you scanned the system for viruses?
Have you checked your Event Viewer for errors related to this?
If not, try this:

Quote:

Event Viewer Log Files
Please provide us with copies of these 2 logfiles:
- Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes and press Enter
- Expand the Windows Logs category by clicking on the arrow/+ sign to it's left
- Right click on the Application log and select "Save all events as" and name it Application
- Then, right click on the System log and select "Save all events as" and name it System
- Zip up the log files and upload/attach them with your next post.

NOTE: If the log files are too big to upload to the forums, please upload them to a free file hosting service - I recommend Windows Live SkyDrive - http://skydrive.live.com Then post the link to it in your topic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/newly-installed-programs-wont-run-but-old-ones-will-530071.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have just assembled a new PC, installed OS, all the required software (Office, AV, Anti-Spy, etc), I'd like to make an image of my current PC software state. What's a good program that can do it? so that in the future when the PC starts to crash due to OS aging, or viruses, I can quickly restore it back to its current fresh state.

I used to use Ghost, however, ghost only works in DOS with FAT32 partitions. However my new PC only have NTFS partitions, so when I boot it into DOS, I can't read any NTFS partition.

Can someone please suggest a good program (Windows/DOS) that can be used to create partition image, and restore from DOS or boot if required (when normal OS Windows is corrupted and no longer working). thanks!

A:Imaging a newly installed PC

Acronis True Image seems to be highly recommended around here.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imaging-a-newly-installed-pc.79789/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello let me just say i searched on the forums and found someone with a similar problem as me http forums techguy org windows-n html highlight newly installed programs open and http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -new-apps-install-problem html My problem is basically for the past few weeks any newly installed programs wont work What happens is i will double click the shortcut the mouse changes to the hourglass meaning something is loading and then nothing at all happens Nothing opens nothing changes at all Prior to the new installs every other installed thing works This Won't Newly Run Installed Apps is more of a nuisance than anything because if Newly Installed Apps Won't Run i have to reinstall anything it wont work then The installation process happened fine no errors or anything Let me know if you need any more detailed info Newly Installed Apps Won't Run on the Newly Installed Apps Won't Run problem because this is all i could think of to put My specs Intel Pentium CPU GHz GB of Ram Radeon x Graphics Card with MB Windows XP Media Edition SP let me know if you need more spec info i attached a dxdiag and hijackthis log if that can help in anyway nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I reinstalled my windows 7 ultimate on a "new" computer and it works fine, only thing is it won't shut down.
It logs off, and then 10 seconds into shutdown the little circle stops spinning and just stays there for ever. When I do a restart there's nothing wrong.
I hope someone has a bright idea 'cause I can't figure this one out

A:newly installed win 7 ult. won't shut down

Is there anything in the event log maybe? Click start and then run type Eventvwr.msc to open.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/349960-newly-installed-win-7-ult-wont-shut-down.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Installed SSD and copied boot HDD image with ' true. image ' which seemed to work perfectly...
Tried to boot from SSD by pressing F12 during boot up but got this message

tried going into the bios to choose the SSD but wasn't an option that I could see, when I boot with the original HDD it is now labelled 'G' and the SSD as 'C' if that matters ???
Installed an SSD on my laptop, but with only one ' drive' I guess it was easier..

thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/47320-cant-get-pc-boot-newly-installed-ssd.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i just bought a laptop for my son and I uninstalled vista and put xp pro on it. no problems there, but I cannot get his wireless card to be recognized by xp, no matter what i do. I've gone to the manufacturers website, but havent been able to find a way to get it up. Can someone helpme out?

The laptop is a compaq presario, sold by hp
model # C700T.
I cant even find out the name of the manufacturer of the wireless card to see if I can get drivers from them.
any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 56.76%

-64 bit
-New pc
-Windows 7 installation cd -used on my other pc,works perfect
-The bsod happens randomly,during a game,on the internet,opening a program.
-I updated everything I dont understand whats wrong.

The BSOD.rar has the info needed for assistance.

Thanks

A:BSOD -Newly installed Win 7(64 bit)

There is no minidump file, please follow this instruction instead:
upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Do you use any program such as CCleaners, it might wipe out your minidump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100269-bsod-newly-installed-win-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I just installed Norton System Works 2002. My computer was not on line at the time due to server connection problems. I think the fact that I installed this with out registering is why I have the following problem:
When I try to do a live update, I get the following:
Live update was unable to install any of the 1 updates that you selected. All available updates were selected.
Of those updates, the following were "red x-ed"
SymEvent
Symantec Redirector
Norton Anti-Virus 2002
Live Reg
How do I get these installed?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I got an dvd burner for my birthday, and finally got the time to install it today. I followed the instructions on a few websites that I googled (it didn't look too hard...)

The dvd drive will open and shut, and when I put a dvd in I can hear it spinning. But my computer won't recognise the drive. It does not show up on My Computer (I'm assuming an icon should've appeared near the one for my cd drive). I also tried to look for the drive through the Add Hardware function in the control panel, but my computer does not detect a new drive.

So, I am totally out of ideas and have no clue whats wrong.

Thanks for the help!

A:Newly Installed Dvd Burner

Does it show up in the BIOS? How about in the device manager? If it's in the device manager, and has a yellow caution sign, right click it, uninstall and restart your computer. Windows should find it and reinstall it. If it's not there or in the BIOS, check to make sure the cable is connected, try reconnecting it and make sure you didn't pull it loose from the motherboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84409/newly-installed-dvd-burner/
Relevancy 56.76%

I put a clean install of Windows Professional on a brand-new T drive and am now stuck with losing Gb of space due to my uninformed choices of MBR and while installing the OS I on 5t partition newly my Need installed help hdd made partitions - one for the OS T and one for programs also T Thinking that I'd be able to make more partitions after I got the OS installed I went on with the process to a successful conclusion However when I tried Need partition help on my newly installed 5t hdd to make more partitions on that drive I got the message that I would lose the Gb above the T limit Because the disk is MBR and the T limit plus only being allowed partitions the partitioning software will only allow my to make one more partition - thus the message about losing Gb I have tried extending the C partition but for some reason I am only given the choice to shrink it because the software is showing b available before or after the C partition No option given for extending D since it's not up against any free space I'm wondering if this will work Would I be allowed to delete partition D and then make new partitions out of the resulting T of allocated space The only other choice I'm thinking of other than deleting the OS and starting over is questionable Can I safely merge C and D partitions without danger to the OS on C That should allow me to make more partitions right unfortunately that would make the OS partition quite a bit larger than it needs to be so I'm not in favor of it I've read all the tutorials here and other folks who've had similar trouble but found none exactly answering what I need to do Thanks

A:Need partition help on my newly installed 5t hdd

Post a screen shot of Windows Disk Management showing all partitions on all disks.

As far as I know, if you intend to use more than about 2.2 TB of that 5 TB drive, you have to start over and go with GPT rather than MBR. The only exception would be that some motherboard manufacturer's offer a utility that will deceive Windows into thinking that the space above the 2.2 TB limit is another drive---when in fact it is the same drive.

I don't know how well such utilities work, but my inclination would be to avoid them.

Partition Wizard is the tool of choice for manipulating partitions and free space, but a screen shot of Windows Disk Management would be most helpful as it's what most of us here are accustomed to inspecting.

Are you willing to use only 2.2 TB of that 5 TB drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/382184-need-partition-help-my-newly-installed-5t-hdd.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have a home-made computer with Win Run Please Applications Can't Newly Xp! Help! On Installed following spec Asus A N Sli-Deluxe Mobo Inno D GT AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Maxtor gb Hard drive gigs RAM think DDR cant remember dont kno how to check soz Formac GAllery inch LCD Tascam US- Sound Card Various peripherals mostly gaming such as Logitech Cordless Wingman Rumblepad Saitek X Saitek Gamers Keyboard I am running fully updated Windows XP Pro SP I have been having absolutely no problems since Please Help! Can't Run Newly Installed Applications On Win Xp! it was contructed January and I often leave it on through night and day by accident or virus scanning or downloading etc Recently though I started getting the trademark Chipset fan problem of the A N series Basically it goes into overdrive and spins Please Help! Can't Run Newly Installed Applications On Win Xp! at like rpm doing no Please Help! Can't Run Newly Installed Applications On Win Xp! damage but sounding like a chainsaw I thought i had a cable caught up or something but i thought it was just the chipset getting hot from me leaving it on so much So i left the computer off for a while came back in a day later and I can t remember if it was immediately or with a few hours delay but I suddenly found Firefox my faithful browser that has never played up couldn t open - it gave me the quot has performed an illegal operation send or dont send error message quot Even when i reinstalled firefox it wouldnt work so i had to resort to using internet xplorer which worked fine Then i installed Pro evolution soccer and Godfather the game both installed fine but when i tried to play gave the same error message almost instantaneously from clicking the shortcut I have Ad-aware Professional AVG Kaspersky Anti Virus Personal Full Spybot TrojanScanner and Zonealarm professional firewall all fully updated So i uninstalled the games ran all of these programs update and scan commands but came up with nothing I even booted into safe mode and performed the same trick - nothing no virus or malware found in any program I tried reinstalling the games and firefox again and still the same error message pops up But the weirdest thing is that my previously from about weeks ago installed games even the superdemanding ones like FEAR CoD Civ and X run fine its jsut these newly installed games and firefox which won t open So basically i am left with a computer frozen in time i cant install any new applications - PLEASE HELP ME I had to spend on those games and would really like to play them plus i love firefox and rue iexplore I dont know if the fan problem is related but i stuck it in anyway I attached my dxdiag if that provides any insight Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I just installed a new copy of Win 7(64bit),and whenever Im multitasking in programs,I get the bluescreen and my pc restarts.I dont understand whats wrong.I just built my pc.

Here is the error report I got on startup.
---------------------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8002B5B028
BCP3: 00000000F6000000
BCP4: 0000000000010015
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072610-19546-01.dmp
C:\Users\CTE\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-37019-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-Please help me out,I am not sure how to tackle this problem.
Plz and Thanks

A:Newly Installed Win 7-I get BSOD

I have just noticed something interesting.I was trying to check my ram,so I used the program Ramtest and after a few sec of the program doing the ram test,the Blue screen appears.I am guessing the BSOD is being caused by ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/newly-installed-win-7-i-get-bsod-500740.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a HP Pavillon dv6-3040us running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It came with 4 megs of RAM (2 2gig sticks) so I went to the Crucial website, ran their system scanner and bought the recommended 2 4gig sticks. I installed them and it doesn't show that I have 8gigs, it still shows 4gigs. Not sure what to do now.

Relevancy 56.76%

In the last couple of days, I had to finally upgrade my HDC from, an AHA-19160 to, an AHA-39320. Prior to doing that, the BIOS on the 19160 stopped seeing the HD while, XP Pro could find it. Now, Since I upgraded the HDC, the new HDC sees' the HD but, when I try to do a fresh install of XP Pro, it cannot find the HD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Christopher

A:XP Pro will cannot find newly installed HD

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/634593-aha-39320-bios-sees-147gb.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-will-cannot-find-newly-installed-hd.634599/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok, I have a recently formatted Optiplex GX260, yes veryyyyy old I know, and its CPU is running a 1.8 celeron type thing, I bought a Intel Pentium 4 Processor that is should be running 2.8, and I've installed it, made sure I was grounded, added thermal paste, updated the BIOS to A09, took out the battery to reset the BIOS so it would pick up the new CPU, but when the 2.8 chip is installed the computer turns on, but doesn't boot, the light in the power button stays orange, the other light on the front lights up green, and I hear the cooling fan on, but its not very powerful, any help?

A:Newly Installed CPU Won't Let Computer Boot

Look up what mobo is in there and see if it will recognize a P4 with 800FSB. I think the 2.8 comes in 533 and 800. Might require a BIOS update. Post what board you have and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-cpu-wont-let-computer-boot.145068/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a computer I have been working on. It has a connection to a risk server through a serial connection, a connection to a phone management server and a connection to a dsl network. After the phone nic was added and any software to access the phone management servers website the computer started running slowly. If you are typing on a site or a form it will stop typing and in about 30 seconds you will see the text like it is catching up. The computer is a 800 mhz pentium gateway with winxp pro and 448 mb of ram. The os has just recently been installed and I am pretty sure it is free of spyware and viruses.
any help would be appreciated.
Jerry

Relevancy 56.33%

I just recently installed vista basic and im not sure if it uninstalled my xp version now when it finished installing i had none of my programs or files etc. but when i check memory usage. it used close to 60 gigabytes for the vista program. and it also wont play dvd it say u need some kind of dvd plugin and roxio wont install either and the version i got is for vista and i need some professional assistance

A:newly installed vista basic

By default Vista can play unenrypted videos such as those made on a phone, camera, or video camera. To play commerical Movies from DVD you need a DVD Player that can unenrypt them such as Corel Intervideo WinDVD or Cyberlinks PowerDVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-vista-basic.627431/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone, I am using Dell T3400,  yesterday I installed fresh Windows 7 because of lots of viruses, I installed Windows through a bootable USB and windows installed perfectly everything went perfectly well, so after that when I turned on my computer after some time, it won't go to Windows I mean BIOS loads fine but after but the computer is not going to Windows, forgive me for my English, but I need help here,  I have tried installing the windows again but to no avail, after completing installation, preparing my desktop and everything else,  when I restart my pc manually it only shows a blinking courser nothing else.

A:Can not start newly installed windows 7

The windows kernel still has malware or the drive is physically bad and needs to be replaced.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19992993
Relevancy 56.33%

a little help here please i'm confused. Just installed 2000 professional on my computer old one ( a Dell 450mhz p2 ) i'ts up and running and just added a 128 mb ram pc100 mem stick . I think it's recognizing it coz when i do check from device manager it saying i have now 228 total from 96 ram. But when i downloaded AIM express and tried to install it , it's saying not enough mem i need at least 128 and its detecting that i only have 96.???? Tried to install itunes also but it only goes as far as copying files and will disappear with out any messages or error code. very confused ??? will appreciate any help thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
There used to be an easy way under Windows 7 to disable the "highlight newly installed programs". I cannot however find how to disable this. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Dwarfboysim

A:How Do I Remove The NEW Off Newly Installed Programs

Hey mate,

RIGHT-click taskbar and select properties. Click Start Menu tab. Select Customize. Scroll down to the proper selection and UN-check it. OK and you're set!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/41158-how-do-i-remove-new-off-newly-installed-programs.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

In Windows 8, all newly installed apps and desktop programs automatically received a tile on the modern Start screen. That isn't the case in Windows 8.1: Now, you have to dive into the All Apps screen and manually pin new software to the Start screen.

Is there any way to make windows 8.1 (store) automatically pin newly installed apps to start screen? its annoying to search for the app in "All Apps" then pin it manually. why Microsoft made it manually does it even necessary.

A:Annoying Newly Apps Installed

If you right click on the app, you can select "pin to start". I think this is what you are after (I hope).

oops - just spotted that you had done this already

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34073-annoying-newly-apps-installed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Newly installed programs have a 'NEW' text next to their names. Is there a way to disable this feature in Windows 8.1?

A:'NEW' text with newly installed programs!

Hello Maliksaad, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I haven't found a way to disable that on the Apps screen yet, but just to know that the "New" will automatically go way after X amount of time.

I'll post back if I find a way though.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35639-new-text-newly-installed-programs.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have just bought a new P S asus motherboard A couple of thing First I will explain what is happening to my PC motherboard Newly Asus Installed when I try to start it up after the installation Computer comes on does it POST Successful except does not recognized cd-rom then it ask if I want to run in safe mode or the other options Then I say safe mode but the computer will then restart I figure this is due to not upgrading the new motherboard configuration I bought a new motherboard and processor so that I could upgrade to a faster and more reliable computer I previously had an older version of asus motherboard I just wanted to verify I am going to have to reinstall my OS because the configuration is going to want to boot from the old motherboard configuration correct Second thing the motherboard recognizes all of Newly Installed Asus motherboard my components except for the cd-rom I swap cd-rom to verify that I did not have a faulty cd-rom but same problem there Since I can t get my computer to reboot from the cd-rom from the bios menu to update my motherboard configuration on my hard-drive I am kindof left in a pickle here Does anyone have any suggestions Greatly appreciated for that there is something that I am not doing here nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

recently upgraded to vista on inspiron 530, need to setup my radeon 3450 for hdmi output

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hdmi-with-newly-installed-vista-546393.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm using Win 7 32 bits which should recognize up to 3.5 GB. I recently installed 1x 2GB of RAM to my already existent 2x 1GB RAM but for some reason in System Information it says 4.00 GB (2.00 GB usable). I checked BIOS and it says that my total memory is 4 GB. Shouldn't it say something like 4.00 GB (3.50 GB usable)? How do I solve this problem so that I can use that 1.5 GB of RAM? Thanks!

PS: I'm new here

A:Why won't my computer recognize my newly installed RAM?

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkShade

I'm using Win 7 32 bits which should recognize up to 3.5 GB. I recently installed 1x 2GB of RAM to my already existent 2x 1GB RAM but for some reason in System Information it says 4.00 GB (2.00 GB usable). I checked BIOS and it says that my total memory is 4 GB. Shouldn't it say something like 4.00 GB (3.50 GB usable)? How do I solve this problem so that I can use that 1.5 GB of RAM? Thanks!
PS: I'm new here

Hi and welcome

if it is seeing it in bios yoou are fine. I suspect win 7 itself is taking almost 1 gig to speed up whenever you launch something. It is bot good and the way it is supposed to be. then you probably have an integrated video card that is using something like 512. there you go and you will be fine
Again

Welcome

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50785-why-wont-my-computer-recognize-my-newly-installed-ram.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone, I am using Dell T3400,  yesterday I installed fresh Windows 7 because of lots of viruses, I installed Windows through a bootable USB and windows installed perfectly everything went perfectly well, so after that when I turned on my computer after some time, it won't go to Windows I mean BIOS loads fine but after but the computer is not going to Windows, forgive me for my English, but I need help here,  I have tried installing the windows again but to no avail, after completing installation, preparing my desktop and everything else,  when I restart my pc manually it only shows a blinking courser nothing else.

A:Can not start newly installed windows 7

The windows kernel still has malware or the drive is physically bad and needs to be replaced.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992993
Relevancy 56.33%

I finally got my new drive installed after jumpering it to limit it to 30 Gigs. However in my Computer and in DOS I can't see it.
I went to Seagate's Homepage and ran diagnostics on it there and it said it was fine.
Still can't see it

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
John

Relevancy 56.33%

Running Win se on an older system Sound card died Bought a PCi sound card-- CMI- It says it is installed correctly but there is no icon in my system tray I plugged my speakers into it but it has given no indication that I have I went into device manager amp it says it is working properly installed Newly sound problems I tried to do the Sounds thing to change windows sounds but the little Newly installed sound problems play amp stop buttons are grayed out My speakers for the computer I am on now have a different connection so I couldn t use them to test Went into the driver disk amp found the mixer button amp clicked on it but the cd just runs Newly installed sound problems amp nothing comes on the screen I will go to their site to see if they can help but have learned that you guys actually know what you are doing -- unlike most of the paid computer support people I have ran into Help Thanks bunches Lisa nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I have an ASUS G drive? SSD on a Install newly OS a installed second laptop and have installed an OCZ GB SSD drive The laptop currently has Windows Home premium on it on the original drive I would like Install a second OS on a newly installed SSD drive? to install a new Windows Professional version on the new drive and be able to dual boot I have formatted the new drive and it is recognized in My Computer and I can save files on it When i tried to install Pro it would not show the new drive as an option to install on I tried this by inserting the disc in the DVD drive and by rebooting with the DVD in the drive I also took the original drive out of it's bay and tried to reboot and could not get it to install I then moved the new drive to the original drive's bay and rebooted and could not get it to install When you all finish giggling about all the stuff I went through could you post a guide on what I can do to get it to install

A:Install a second OS on a newly installed SSD drive?

Check your bios settings first.. make sure the SSD is visible in BIOS and is enabled as a boot device and that AHCI mode is enabled. If that doesn't solve you problems download and extract the drivers for your SSD, copy them to a flash drive and select load drivers before you try to install. I would have added more information and specific links, but you weren't specific on the model of your laptop or the SSD you're trying to install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/118425-install-second-os-newly-installed-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 56.33%

The CD-RW that came with my Sont Vaio computer malfunctioned. Best Buy installed a new one since it was under warranty. The new one is an Ultraspeed Memorex. My Computer shows it as a CD-RW and it has a recorder tab. The device manager however shows it as a CD-ROM. Nero5 was installed with the new drive. If I enable the recorder tab, it tries to write but an error message comes up saying it can't complete. If I diable the recorder tab, I get a G drive not accessable, wrong command. Short of returning it to Best Buy who took a week andd a half to install it, does anybody know if there is a simpler solution. Thanks.

A:Newly installed CD-RW doesn't write

I personally would take it back - they should fix it free of charge because it was not done right the first time. It shouldn't be your headache.

If you want to try to fix it, go to http://www.nero.com/us/631933457317970.html and download the latest patches to Nero. Check your Nero to see if its 5.0 or 5.5 for the update.

Also the recorder tab is Windows built-in burning support provided by Roxio. You should be able to disable it without affecting Nero, and sometimes it has to be disabled for proper operation. Don't use drag and drop in Explorer for burning CD's but use Nero to burn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-cd-rw-doesnt-write.213668/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have just installed the new pioneer 109 and all is working fine apart from the fact that it wont burn at more than 4x i replaced my 106 with the 109 and obviously that was only 4x so i was hoping for at least 8x as i am using 8x media

Please help

Steve

A:Newly installed DVD writer problems

Make sure the DVD writer is connected to at least an ATA66 (if not ATA100, ATA133 or SATA) IDE controller, and that it's connected with an 80wire cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-dvd-writer-problems.362604/
Relevancy 56.33%

HELP HELP BSOD!!! Please see attached file. Thanks

A:BSOD Newly Installed OS Win7 Ult x64

More info would help.

Did the computer ever run correctly?
Did you upgrade or do a Clean Install?

Try a Clean Boot, see if that helps: Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

Home built or manufactured?
Make and full model number.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379008-bsod-newly-installed-os-win7-ult-x64.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I just installed a new program (DVD FAB 8) and everything seemed fine. When I click on the icon to run it, the cursor activity thingy (little blue spinning circle) shows up as if something is about to happen, then it disappears and nothing happens.

This happened to another program recently too (Ralink Wireless Control Center), so it's not just this current one.

Programs that have already been installed for a while, are working fine.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, a very capable PC, and AVG free Antivirus (not windows security) is the only security running. That wasn't the case last week with other program though, I had uninstalled my AV to see if that was the issue... it wasn't).

I did install a new video card, that is the only change I made recently.

Any help ?

Thanks a lot.

A:Newly installed programs won't open, old ones will

hi, just a thought ,try right clicking on the icon and choose run as administrator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361971/newly-installed-programs-wont-open-old-ones-will/
Relevancy 56.33%

Help! I recently installed (replaced a CDRW) a DVD/CDRW drive in my Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop (running Windows XP - 256 mg). DVD's will not play in my Windows Media Player (or any other program). System says need updated driver and to use Windows Update - did that - didn't work. Haven't had any luck finding the driver on line. Do I need a decoder? Does anyone know where I could find a decoder and/or driver?

A:Newly Installed DVD/CDRW not playing DVD's

You didn't get any software with your new DVD player?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-dvd-cdrw-not-playing-dvds.361924/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have Roadrunner DSL Linksys WRT gS V router amp a laptop running Windows XP SP This laptop used to have Windows amp the wireless internet worked great but the hard drive crashed so I wiped it clean amp installed XP on eventually want to put back on there but right now I am stuck with XP Internet XP installed on not working newly I have tried using the Network connection wizard to get the internet set up but it's completely useless There is no internet icon down in the bottom right corner of the start menu Internet not working on newly installed XP Linksys couldn't help me because the router is out of warranty I've tried figuring it out on my own but I am totally stumped I'm downloading some drivers from the Linksys website right now but I'm not sure what I am doing or if I'm even downloading the correct drivers Any help will be very much appreciated As Internet not working on newly installed XP a side note when the laptop is booted using a Knoppix Live CD the wireless internet works great I went into the device manager and under network adapters it has Network Adapter with a yellow exclamation mark next to it My laptop is a Studio amp when I go to Dell's website it doesn't give me the option to download any drivers for XP only lists Vista drivers Sorry for being such a noob but I am completely lost

A:Internet not working on newly installed XP

and welcome to the Forum

If Dell does not offer XP drivers, they may be difficult to find ( if you can at all ) You can look at the Dell description for the details of the device and google for drivers.

Also look at this for How to find drivers: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f19/...rs-419050.html

You will save yourself a lot of grief if you install win7

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-not-working-on-newly-installed-xp-522127.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I installed Windows 7 on Oct 2015 and I might have messed up the installation of the drivers.

It crashes when I play Dota2 on Steam almost every time.

My Chrome browser page sometimes crashes as well. And that one time when I was using Microsoft Office.

Otherwise, it's pretty stable.

Regards,
Zack

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392055-bsod-newly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have newly installed XP and it is SOOO much faster after fresh install Now how do i keep it fast I realise some people will disagree obviously but any feedback would be nice I am not a tech My experience - fixing mine and friends virus problems opening up pc's and fixing basic components registry changes etc OS is on separate partition And i really dont mid reinstalling So this is what I am thinking to keep it running superfast No Antivirus It slows everything down from boot onwards I dont download questionable exe's I do not surf pornsites I download mp 's and programs from trusted sources Once everything is running - I am switching out of administrator XP it - Newly Am Installed Being stupid.. i Keep to Fast How rights I will also use autoruns process explorer and rootkit revolver to keep an eye Newly Installed XP How to Keep it Fast - Am i Being stupid.. on things I realise this is controversial - but any opinions on this way of thinking Secondly and this I was only just thinking and dont really have a clue Installing non Newly Installed XP How to Keep it Fast - Am i Being stupid.. essential programs lik foxit pdf and the like as portable apps and setting file associations only in registry rather than numerous registry keys I really like my new superfast xp and if it means dealing with a virus here and there or formatting reinstalling so be it Am I crazy

A:Newly Installed XP How to Keep it Fast - Am i Being stupid..

A good antivirus like Mic rosoft Security Essentials will not slow the system down noticably.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/newly-installed-xp-how-to-keep-it-fast-am-i-being-stupid-560753.html
Relevancy 56.33%

OS Win nd ed Processor mhz Celeron Mobo Abit VA PC Memory Major mb SDRAM PC HD Maxtor gb CD-ROM burner HP i Floppies Sony card w/ newly vid installed Problems quot Sound creative Labs Ensoniq Video All in Wonder Radeon MB AGP Modem s Kingston Ethernet Adapter Diamond Supermax k v OK there are the system specs now here is the problem I just recently upgraded to the AIW Radeon video card from an ATI mb Rage Fury Pro All old display drivers were first Problems w/ newly installed vid card removed before installing the new ones I d l the latest display driver for that card from ATI s site I got the latest chipset drivers and even flashed the bios Still I cannot enable full hardware acceleration w o having the system freeze up on me only basic hardware acceleration functions can be successfully enabled Also when I try to run any D games I get the quot D card not found message quot Everything I could possibly think of I ve done and still to no avail Any suggestions Thanks in advance THC nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

If Jet Installed With Newly Problems Cartriges Ink any of you have problems with newly installed ink cartriges not printing properly Problems With Newly Installed Ink Jet Cartriges I will quot copy and paste quot a letter I wrote to Lexmark This is to help you help other customers My Z p uses cartridges and color In my first year when my printer was new every time I put in a new cartridge Problems With Newly Installed Ink Jet Cartriges it would not work properly Ink would not flow properly Almost every new cartridge had the same troubles Then I started doing things to all new cartridges and they worked perfectly every time Open the box and feel the foil package to determine the TOP of the cartridge Then put it back in the box in an UPRIGHT position They were always in the box sideways or upside down Just before installing put the new cartridge STILL IN ITS BOX in your kitchen oven on a cookie sheet IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION at the very low temperature of about to degrees for about to minutes Best to bring the oven to and turn it off just before putting the cartridge in Take it out and when it is cooled enough to handle and is just a little warm install it New cartridges have worked perfectly EVERY TIME I have done this It would be helpful if your factories would put them in their boxes in an upright position instead of sideways or upside down nbsp

A:Problems With Newly Installed Ink Jet Cartriges

Interesting.
I don't know if I would put ink into an oven. But since i have had a lot of problems with Lexmarks, they always print strange lines, even after re-calibrating, I now only buy other brand printers. Also the ink for Lexmarks are the most expensive. I had 3 Lexmarks, because the first one was excellent until it didn't carry paper any longer and the repair would have cost more than a new printer.

I clean dry ink with a clean tissue with rubbing alcohol on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-newly-installed-ink-jet-cartriges.978609/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently bought some pc 100 128mb memory (yeah I know I'm running a pIII 550mhz self built) which I tested definately not DOA. I installed it by itself to test it and it's fine then I installed my old memory but under performance it still only shows 128mb as total memory. Is it possible that the computer is running 256 but the system only shows 128? Yes the memory is correctly installed I just don't know why the system won't pick it up. please help thanks ahead of time.

Relevancy 56.33%

I REFORMAT MY PC COZ ITS SO SLOW AND SO LAG, NOW THE COMPUTER HANGS AND SHOWS BSOD AND WHEN I RESTART I CAN STILL ACCESS THE DESKTOP AND THIS MESSAGE SHOWS:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 13321

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 84FC46F4
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
Product: 768_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\031911-17581-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mat\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-26551-0.sysdata.xml

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
CAN SOMEONE INTERPRET TO ME WHAT IS THE PROBLEM OF MY PC? WHY IS IT STILL DOING BSOD.. PLS HELP

A:BSOD IN NEWLY INSTALLED WINDOWS 7

Have you updated all your drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385810/bsod-in-newly-installed-windows-7/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All I have performance 7 Slow Windows newly on installed a laptop that has Slow performance on newly installed Windows 7 been upgraded to Windows from vista In the beginning everything was fine and things worked really fast However for past few months I have had dreadful performance Whenever I check my CPU is at and it takes ages to do anything Even opening a chrome tab takes minutes I tried doing driver checks to confirm nothing was wrong After trying hard I just re-installed Windows but no luck Then I formatted my hard disk and installed windows again Now it works fine but I do get the extreme slowness sometimes While doing all of this one thing I noticed that if I was to put my laptop to sleep and bring back it might start working absolutely fine Before reformatting it worked of times Now again it has worked whenever I tried I wonder if this is a CPU power setting issue I have already set the power settings to have full performance The CPU is Intel dual core T GHz and GB RAM Any help will be really great Thanks Neeraj

A:Slow performance on newly installed Windows 7

Do you have SP1 installed and all Windows updates up to date?

You also need to identify via task manager what Is using the most CPU and Memory during those times of slowness.
Once you know that then you can look further into things.

No ideas on that sleep issue sorry.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/250049-slow-performance-newly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everybody

Since 2 weeks I have a weird problem with my windows 7. The newly installed programs do not show up in the start menu, however when I type the program's name in "search programs and files" box, it turns out to be right there (see attached screenshot).

Also there seems to be a problem with file association in newly installed programs. For example new matlab installation have the same problem as above plus .m files are not associated.

Does any one know why is it happening? Please help, this is highly annoying

A:newly installed prog. not in start menu

Right-click > pin to start menu

Can you set your associations via properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165027-newly-installed-prog-not-start-menu.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hey please help i cant turn on wifi in my newly installed win 8.1 driver is upto date i checked it in device manager

A:Can't turn on wifi in newly installed window 8.1

Airplane mode needs to be on. It appears that you are connected through a dial-up connection at that moment.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47337-cant-turn-wifi-newly-installed-window-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I had a virus that AVG wasn't removing my computer was bloated and running slow anyways so instead of spending more time trying to remove the virus I just installed a new GB hard drive on my machine Dell Inspiron and loaded XP on the new drive H was designated as the drive letter After installation I plugged the old drive Newly XP startup Installed Added ChkDsk and now on HD at back in to an open SATA jack in the motherboard so I'd have it just incase I Installed XP on Newly Added HD and now ChkDsk at startup needed anything off of the old drive and OS for future reference All went well and I was happy at the speed of the computer GREAT BUT then the downer I turned the machine off and celebrated Thanksgiving with my family came back the next day and turned it on and now it starts with a ChkDsk for errors and takes about minutes before windows starts This happens every time Curious why this is and if it is fixable thanks in advance Nick

A:Installed XP on Newly Added HD and now ChkDsk at startup

Which hdd is it checking for errors the one that has the virus and bloat ware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-xp-on-newly-added-hd-and-now-chkdsk-at-startup-614823.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Just installed a new hard drive in my dell dimension 9200 had it running with xp all drivers downloaded. Backed up the old hard drive to a WD element which I then used to recover into the new hard drive...only upon reboot i get blue screen with stop error message
0x0000007B (0xB84C3524,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
any suggestions??

A:bsod after acronis recovery into newly installed hd

If the old drive (backed up from) is not identical to new drive (restored to) you may have to use Acronis Universal Restore: AcronisI took this to mean (HDD) is different:It is designed to allow a machine to boot its operating system initially after a restoration/deployment of an image to hardware that is different from the one it was taken from, and then proceed with the installation of other drivers and configuration.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403224/bsod-after-acronis-recovery-into-newly-installed-hd/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just installed Windows 8 on my computer around thirty minutes ago, and I'm already having BSOD issues. Any help is appreciated

A:Newly Installed Windows 8 irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Since you installed Windows around 30 mins ago, I assume you're still in the process of setting it up.
Please make sure Windows is up-to date.
Check for Updates, Install Updates and Reboot the system.

The below analysis is for information purpose only.
BugCheck Analysis:

Code:
ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:
You can run '.symfix; .reload' to try to fix the symbol path and load symbols.

MODULE_NAME: win32k

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80260c1d000 nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50f7780d

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`0bc5c000 ?? ???

CONTEXT: fffff8800df011c0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800df011c0)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=fffff901000c5010 rcx=ffffffffffffffff
rdx=fffff8800df01c00 rsi=fffff901043a1950 rdi=fffff901043a1950
rip=000000000bc5c000 rsp=fffff8800df01bc8 rbp=fffff8800df01cd0
r8=fffff8800df01c70 r9=0000000000008000 r10=fffff880009bfb20
r11=fffffa80040f94d0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000008000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffff901045a3b60
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
00000000`0bc5c000 ?? ???
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff960002bc466 to 000000000bc5c000

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0df01bc8 fffff960`002bc466 : fffff901`00000000 fffff901`00213848 fffff901`043a1950 fffff901`000c5010 : 0xbc5c000
fffff880`0df01bd0 fffff901`00000000 : fffff901`00213848 fffff901`043a1950 fffff901`000c5010 00000000`00000000 : win32k+0xcb466
fffff880`0df01bd8 fffff901`00213848 : fffff901`043a1950 fffff901`000c5010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0677e890 : 0xfffff901`00000000
fffff880`0df01be0 fffff901`043a1950 : fffff901`000c5010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0677e890 000000dc`3b720000 : 0xfffff901`00213848
fffff880`0df01be8 fffff901`000c5010 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0677e890 000000dc`3b720000 fffff901`000c5010 : 0xfffff901`043a1950
fffff880`0df01bf0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`0677e890 000000dc`3b720000 fffff901`000c5010 00000000`00000d03 : 0xfffff901`000c5010
FOLLOWUP_IP:
win32k+cb466
fffff960`002bc466 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: win32k+cb466

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sys

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800df011c0 ; kb

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20728-newly-installed-windows-8-irql_not_less_or_equal-bsod.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello experts I think I need some help on determing what causing BSOD of my PC Before I installed a new SSD - Crucial M GB My computer ran perfectly without any problem The problem started after I install the SSD Originally I had it on Marvel II port but it caused a lot of BSOD So switch it Cause only? newly installed in Crucial BSOD morning the M4? by back to Intel port I did switch to ACHI mode in BIOS before fresh install the win in SSD The system run better BSOD in the morning only? Cause by newly installed Crucial M4? in Intel port compare with Marvell port but still for whatever reason the blue screen BSOD in the morning only? Cause by newly installed Crucial M4? would still pop up and I have no clue what causing it I done test with Memtest and came back clean see attached file Also I notice that my computer runing fine in the night time but in the morning when I turn it on the BSOD will come up That happened in the past - days Strange Maybe is my driver got problem or hardware problem It would be greatly appreciatedm If anyone could help me and give me some clues or direction on how to fix this thing Thank you for helping me in advance Cheers

A:BSOD in the morning only? Cause by newly installed Crucial M4?

Sorry but you uploaded the application instead of the data Try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222590-bsod-morning-only-cause-newly-installed-crucial-m4.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have just installed windows on my computer i was using vista before however this is a fresh install not an upgrade After installation I downloaded google chrome and started browsing through google chrome and i realised all drivers are installed by windoes automatically but my sound card drivers were not installed my computer is an old one i mean it is a fujitsu siemens computer which had win xp installed on it originally and was bought prob years ago so sound card drivers also should have been installed by win automatically But anyways i downloaded a software from internet called driverwhiz to install the missing driver itself as soon as i started to network, - win installed access Unidentified newly no 7 install the software it just went half way through installation newly installed win 7 - Unidentified network, no access my internet stopped working and network connection started showing as unidentified network no access i tried uninstalling driverwhiz tried uninstalling and reinstalling the onboard ethernet port disabled pci modem card tried widows fixing the problem itself but all in vain it just says unidentified network Can anybody help me with this please

A:newly installed win 7 - Unidentified network, no access

Try to use System Restore to go back to a point in time before you installed driver whiz. You shouldn't need it.

Then go to your sound card manufacturer's web site and try to find Windows 7 drivers for your particular sound card model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143087-newly-installed-win-7-unidentified-network-no-access.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i dont really know what the problem is but i keep getting what i THINK are blue newly installed OS Windows my built BSOD on PC just on 8 screens one time i saw the blue screen clicking on the classic start menu program the other i did not see i keep my pc on over night to download stuff of the internet and i wake up BSOD on newly installed Windows 8 OS on my just built PC to see it has restarted it self same happened as i went to school this morning to finnsh the download i think there blue screens becouse it says windows did not shut down properly or something when i log in also when i installed windows and installed my programs it ran really fast but i just turn it on now and now its saying cpu running at percent with only steam and utorrent running witch before this latest crash it was - percent it also took much longer to boot up and its feeling over all slugish and its not my pc's specs becouse it was a just bulit gaming PC thank you all for looking at this EDIT i just played starcraft and im getting fps tops witch before the latest crash i was getting fps this is really starting to bug me will a reinstall of windows work

A:BSOD on newly installed Windows 8 OS on my just built PC

Try attempting a reinstall of windows IF you are using a disk incase the computer crash's during installation. The computer will restart after recieving a BSoD.

May I recommend these following methods to solve most issues:
Run a virus and malware scan.Update ALL your drivers except BIOS, since if BIOS goes wrong you can brick your motherboard.Run "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsc" in command prompt

If you can't access your computer, please try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and attempting there.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18544-bsod-newly-installed-windows-8-os-my-just-built-pc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

On my previous install of XP, I had myspace instant messenger installed. It had a feature similar to the BUZZ! feature on yahoo IM. It had several options for this feature each option had its own unique (and very annoying) sound byte. One of them sounded like a large SLAP, another sounded like an ostrige (at least how I would imagine an ostridge to sound), these are 2 examples.

I don't have myspace instant messenger installed on the new Vista install, but my computer randomly still makes these sounds from the myspace instant messenger and I have no idea why or how to stop it. Anyone have any thoughts? Myspace IM has never been on this install and it was a clean install, deleted the partions and reformatted before the install.

Relevancy 55.47%

I recently updated my laptop with Windows 7 Pro. At least once a day the computer will just go crazy and then end up restarting. Here is what pops up upon startup...

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFFA800260D000
BCP3: FFFFFA800260D600
BCP4: 0000000004600000
Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\111509-25116-01.dmp
C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46800-0.sysdata.xml

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Newly Installed Windows 7 Blue Screen

hello

Hold Windows button and hit R button...
Type minidump and check if you have dump files...
Post them here...

Keep us posted...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/newly-installed-windows-7-blue-screen-432081.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

Ok, I have Windows XP SP3 and just recently I've switched over from IE to Firefox (3.0.3) through Google, and there are definitely some buttons/tabs missing - one very important one that I'd like to find is my favorites/add favorites tabs. I have a lot saved onto my favorites listing, and I'd like to get it back. Please help.

Very sincerely,
necklacemaker

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
Have a HP Pavilion 14-b178sa laptop, a touchscreen model. Came with Win 8. Touchscreen worked. Upgraded to Win 8.1, touchscreen worked. Then I dropped the HDD and busted it. I replaced the HDD and installed Win 8.1 x64(Amazon retail version). Updated all drivers from the HP site. Everything is perfect except the touchscreen doesn't work. No settings for it in Control Panel, see pics. I do have a USB touchscreen controller listed as installed in Device Manager, see pics. On HP site no driver listed for it in Win 8.1 drivers, I did see a driver for Win 8 related to touchscreen functions, but not a HID driver as mentioned in the HP support forum as what is required for touch to work.
Anyone got an insight into touchscreens? Is it just a setting I can't find or something trickier?
Thanks,
mannshands

A:Touchscreen Not Working On Newly Installed System

You should have re-installed Win 8 from the HP Recovery DVD (if you have one) then downloaded the drivers from the HP Support site. The Win 8.1 upgrade would keep the installed drivers from Win 8.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/touchscreen-not-working-on-newly-installed-system.305524/
Relevancy 55.47%

i cannot install or start newly installed programs i need help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar install cannot or newly programs installed start sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet cannot install or start newly installed programs Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows cannot install or start newly installed programs Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe C cannot install or start newly installed programs Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale nb no amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google no R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO P loggingshjelp for Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot auto O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOKAL TJENESTE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOKAL TJENESTE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETTVERKSTJENESTE O - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe O - Extra co... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

Just installed my windows yesterday since my computer refused to boot.
But still experiencing BSOD, Have had problems with BSOD since i build the computer, but when the system is newly installed it doesn't happen as frequently.
Would be nice if someone could pin point the problem.

/jakup

A:BSOD frequently - even after newly installed system

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800b8c2b30, fffffa800b8c2e10, fffff80003bd7d50}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe
wininit.exe is an important Windows file used to record inputs and control other programs.

Install Service Pack 1:

Code:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Service Pack 1 has introduced many security and stablity updates for Windows 7, not installing Service Pack 1 may leave more vulnerable to malware attacks and crashes.

Hard Drive:
Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Memory:RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Run a full scan with any AV suite you have installed, and also:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266182-bsod-frequently-even-after-newly-installed-system.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

i need to help with this problem. I am using Windows 8 as primary OS (SSD). Until now i was using VirtualBox to run Windows XP. Since i want to play few older 3D games, which are totally incompatible with new systems, i decided to fully install XP on my external drive (eSATA).

So i cloned existing XP partition from VB's .VDI to newly created partition on external drive. Now i need to make it bootable with option after PC's start which system i want to choose.

I was wondering that i can use some boot-repair utilities to make XP's partition bootable, but i dont want to risk if that can mess up W8's boot...

Thanks in advance for any hints.

A:2HDD DualBoot - W8 (already installed) + XP (newly cloned)

Welcome. Not an easy thing to do, although I have seen claims it can be done. Google on "bootable external drive xp."

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22339-2hdd-dualboot-w8-already-installed-xp-newly-cloned.html
Relevancy 55.47%

First of all, hello, I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me because I'm at the point of giving up!

I just installed two new Windows 7 computers with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
When opening Internet Explorer the home page displays instantly but then if i try and visit other pages (even something as simple as Google) the pages take an age to display.
I thought it might have just been the connection but if i try the same pages on a Windows XP machine or on my Mac, they display a lot quicker.

Has anyone else heard of this problem and if so is there a resolution?

Thanks in advance for ANY information you can give me.

A:Newly installed 7 64 bit slow web page loading...

Hi and welcome to sevenforums.

Have you done all windows updates?

And have you tried using a different browser such as Chrome/firefox/opera to see if the same happens? That way it can rule out internet explorer at least.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185269-newly-installed-7-64-bit-slow-web-page-loading.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I had Java I tried an update to Failed because the installer starts looking for a networkplace and I have is no network error Uninstalling the old version is not possible because of the same error I had that before when I went from to So I knew what to do use Revoinstaller and updated can not newly neither be Java installed [SOLVED] let it delete all registerkeys and files and with regedit delete all keys with quot javasoft quot in it That [SOLVED] Java can not be updated neither newly installed worked the other times error is a persisting bug in Java-installers But this time I'm stuck Both the online and the offline installer says Java is already installed do you want to reinstall click Yes and than the installer says can not reinstall because [SOLVED] Java can not be updated neither newly installed the program is not installed And so on in an endless circle or click quot NO quot and the installer stops What can I do I don't think the solution will come from Oracle because there support does not allow for any feedback so they will never improve such problems see the persisting error Thanks for any advice Ferdinand van Dieten Windows - bit

A:[SOLVED] Java can not be updated neither newly installed

Hi dieten,

Have you tried to do an offline install instead of using the update process from the server?

You can get the offline version here.

Also, are you doing this as administrator? Once you have downloaded the file, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-java-can-not-be-updated-neither-newly-installed-580782.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have Windows XP on an Emachines year old computer GHZ gb Hard Drive I have an Iomega external CDRW and it has been installed to my system and assigned Drive J Then I bought a Maxtor External Hard Drive and installed it when the CDRW was not hooked up to the system The External Hard drive was assigned Drive J also When I plugged in my CDRW and then showed up in My Computer as Drive K but then it quickly disappeared from the list A Windows window popped up saying that there was a problem with an unrecognized USB device I searched the internet and newly being CDRW HDD prevents from installed recognized Ext Ext found a Microsoft article that said this problem can occur because the original device is still identified by the registry as the drive it was originally assigned in other words Drive J which the Maxtor External hard drive now has I followed their instructions and uninstalled the device and asked Windows to scan for any hardware changes which it did and found new hardware but the device is still newly installed Ext HDD prevents Ext CDRW from being recognized not recognized in My Computer It showed up in Device Mgr as quot Unknown Device quot under USB Controller I then reinstalled the software that came with the CDRW drive but now Device Mgr does not recognize it under DVD CD-rom drives but only has it listed in USB Controllers as Mass Storage Device with a yellow exclamation mark Ok Then I turned off the Maxtor External Hard Drive pluged in my CDRW drive and it works fine Device MGR now recognizes it in DVD CD-Rom drives and there is no exclamation mark under USB Controller The CDRW isn t recognized while the External Hard Drive is connected Ok then I changed the CDRW drive letter back to Drive J in quot Computer Management quot and put my Maxtor Drive back on The Maxtor now has Drive Letter K assigned to it and works fine but the CDRW disappeared a few seconds later from My Computer and is no longer listed at all in Device Mgr How do I fix the problem so I can have both the CDRW and the External hard drive connected at the same time Thanks for your help P S I am a newbie nbsp

A:newly installed Ext HDD prevents Ext CDRW from being recognized

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- cut after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- cut before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, connect the CD/RW drive and assign it the letter you desire in Disk Management.

Disconnect the CD/RW drive.

Connect the external hard disk and assign it the desired drive letter in Disk Management.

Now connect both and see if they stop fighting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-ext-hdd-prevents-ext-cdrw-from-being-recognized.434216/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recently bought and installed x GB sticks of RAM into my laptop gb capacity to replace the x that was already there I have a shared memory Nvidia video card at mb Before I switched the RAM the amount displayed in windows would only vary if I switched the video recognize newly Vista installed Ram. won't Does? Bios 2GB card ram in the bios or After I have installed the new RAM the Bios Vista won't recognize newly installed 2GB Ram. Bios Does? says I have GB installed as does crucial com which offers a ram testing software BUT Windows and the run command msinfo both display only mb of ram Not only does this not agree with my bios but it doesnt make sense with the video card this would mean either I have an impossible GB video card or Windows is recognizing somewhere around mb Either way my most important question HP has advised me to basically destroy everything and start from scratch BUT if the bios recognizes the ram does that mean its being used or is dirty windows in control of that Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I recently just did a clean install of Windows 10 and I have gotten a few BSOD. Ive attached the minidumps as requested. Please help me out. Thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50835-random-bsod-newly-installed-win10.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have recently installed Vista onto my computer After reading a bit I found what the compatibility mode sign meant on top But now a problem rears Newly Excel With Giving Problems Installed, up Whenever I try to save a file after a bit of editing it says Note F is the name of the drive the xls file is found in quot Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'F ' There are several posible reasons The file path does not exist The file is being used by another program The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook quot I am the Admin and only user on this comp so I have access so that can't be the reason If I try changing the name and saving as a different file it says quot F changed filename xlsYou do not have permission to save in this location Contact the Administrator to obtain permission Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead quot If I try to update it to Excel format it says quot Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'F Some random number and letter mix' There are several posible reasons The file path does not exist The file is being used by another program The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a Newly Installed, Giving Problems With Excel currently open workbook quot Could you please tell me what is wrong Anirudh

A:Newly Installed, Giving Problems With Excel

What device is located at F: ? The system is telling you that you don't have the rights to use that location.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132672/newly-installed-giving-problems-with-excel/
Relevancy 55.47%

Couldn't quite come up with a good title to sum up what the issue is Searched around but couldn't 13 installed auto-startup Newly XPS -- program find the relevant topic I have the Dell XPS i non-touch GB RAM GB SSD Win It seems that certain programs that I've installed the most recent one will start up when I boot up the laptop even though I've disabled their start up within options I've checked the Startup folders in the start menu task manager start up regedit both local machine and current user and none have the application inside For example I installed Teamviewer and it always started up during the Windows boot despite startup XPS 13 -- Newly installed program auto-startup being unchecked Then I later installed MacType and the MacType wizard keeps popping up when I boot into Windows now in place of Teamviewer I've installed these on other computers and have never had this issue Renaming the application works but I do need MacType to start up just silently and as a service rather than the Wizard Any ideas XPS 13 -- Newly installed program auto-startup Thanks

A:XPS 13 -- Newly installed program auto-startup

On Teamviewer, according to this page:
Disable TeamViewer From Loading Automatically When Starting Windows | Iowa City Computer Service & Repair

I see this note:
Update: 31 March 2015

Recent versions of TeamViewer may not have the ability to disable it from loading on startup. In such cases, removing the software might be the best solution. Then, install the TeamViewer QS version for occasional use.

For detecting all the automatic starts try AutoRuns

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68993-xps-13-newly-installed-program-auto-startup.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi!
As the title states, I just reinstalled windows 7 on my machine. I installed all windows updates available as well as my GPU and Mobo drivers. Everything should be running smoothly, but I have been getting constant blue screens while doing just about anything. Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-R

A:Newly re-installed Win7, constant BSOD's

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to 0000000000000000

STACK_TEXT:
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: INVALID_KERNEL_CONTEXT

---------
Please run driver verifier

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Have you updated all your drivers with the latest ones?
Also found this

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002f4535f, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88006363b50, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f
fffff800`02f4535f f0410fba6e481f lock bts dword ptr [r14+48h],1Fh

CONTEXT: fffff88006363b50 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88006363b50)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=02000000001209dc rcx=0a00000000000020
rdx=00000000000142cd rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffffa800a00cac0
rip=fffff80002f4535f rsp=fffff88006364530 rbp=fffffa8006d81090
r8=000000000001cb4e r9=0000000000000001 r10=0000000000000042
r11=0000058000000000 r12=fffff880031d7180 r13=0000000000000000
r14=8afffa8006d81010 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010206
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+0x26f:
fffff800`02f4535f f0410fba6e481f lock bts dword ptr [r14+48h],1Fh ds:002b:8afffa80`06d81058=????????
Resetting default scope

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266706-newly-re-installed-win7-constant-bsods.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Gateway MD2614u laptop. I believe I've had this kind of problem before but I'm not sure how I fixed it. I believe that I was told I had registry errors. When I install new programs they seem to install fine but won't operate properly at all. For example: WinPatrol wont accept commands in the pop up notification boxes, SpeedFan will come up but the box is mostly blank, belarc advisor will stick on processes endlessly, never generating a report. All of these will tend to go into freeze mode and may not even be closable including through task manager. Browser and everything else seems to work fine. I have used sfc /scannow and system restore tools. I also ran Malwarebytes and AVG scans just to make sure there weren't any problems there. I use AVG anti-virus and ZoneAlarm for my firewall. My desktop is all the same and has no problems like this. Any other ideas what to do?

A:Newly installed programs wont work

Try by reinstalling the programme after disabling the Malwarebytes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349569-newly-installed-programs-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all I ve just got a new Modem Browsing On Installed Bsod While Newly ISDN yes I know it s antiquated for most of you but in a third world country in the boonies it s great modem Install went smooth with unsigned Bsod While Browsing On Newly Installed Modem drivers initial connection fine browsing honky dory then BLAM gt DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL nMUSB sys Address A e f base at A C Datestamp f Of course nMUSB is the ISDN modem driver I went to thier site intracom-telecom com and I ve already got the latest firmware for the modem I downloaded the drivers it appeared to be a newer version followed instructions to the T and reinstalled It ended up being the same driver version CAPI Actually it is working now it s my only connection to the internet now so maybe I shouldn t complain but it seems random as to when it decides to BSOD It happened the most times when I was trying to download the newest version of the drivers It did also happen when just browsing Is this even fixable I ve put in an email to the company in Greece that makes these and am awaiting a response Any help to stop the BSOD s would be great Aloha dean

A:Bsod While Browsing On Newly Installed Modem

After you reinstalled the driver are you still getting the BSOD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113823/bsod-while-browsing-on-newly-installed-modem/
Relevancy 55.47%

Calling all Vista Greeks I wondered if anyone could help me with this OS Vista bit Home premium SP Problem All of a sudden any new software Programme I download and install works ok initially providing it doen t need a re-boot to work but as soon as I re-boot my PC Can't Installed software Newly access Programmes I cannot access the new programme that was installed very strange Any shortcut to the desk top breaks and from the startup menu or indeed the actual programme itself you just cannot re-access it at all But it does let you uninstall it Any software Programmes already installed prior to the discovered problem are still working perfectly It s just anything new I try installing Perhaps it might not be something techinical but something really simple that ive overlooked Solutions tried so far System restore back weeks - as long as I had Registry cleaner used to remove errors quot Sfc Scannow quot - cmd from the command line everything was fine no errors exe file association vista fix exe default merge to registry - no change anti-virus scan nothing found Switching off my anti-virus firewall then trying Can't access Newly Installed software Programmes to install a programme All suggestions gratefully received -Thanks nbsp

A:Can't access Newly Installed software Programmes

a faulty installer perhaps?
try this start > computer > your drive > program files > common files
look for a folder called InstallShield and rename it InstallShield1
close the window.try installing a program again(something small)
it should fail the first time,because you forced windows to download a new copy of WSI.if you go back you will see 2 entries for installshield(dont delete them).should work the second time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-newly-installed-software-programmes.869390/
Relevancy 55.47%

So here is the breakdown, I was doing the windows 8 consumer preview, and after having a few issues with drivers I decided to go back to windows 7 where everything WAS fine and dandy. I formated drives and started from scratch with a new install, I have been receiving different kinds of BSODs and attached all files asked for in one zip. System Specs have been updated as well. Thanks in advance.

One more thing I failed to mention is that I am getting a lot of failed updates from windows updates, I tried doing SP1 like 6 times always failed, downloaded it individual and it still failed. I took some steps to clear the cache from WSUS and recanned and redownloaded, still failed. left my computer turned off for the night (before I set it on fire) and started it up again this morning it finally works, however every update after that fails.....

A:BSOD Newly installed OS various error codes

I have not had a chance to look over your crash reports, but based on your post, I would recommend checking your system for corrupted files.Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log.
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224607-bsod-newly-installed-os-various-error-codes.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just installed this drive and when trying to burn anything to a DVD using Nero it gives me errors When I try to erase a rewritable dvd it gives me this error quot Invalid Field in Command quot When I put a new rewritable dvd in and try to burn something to it it gives me error messages First quot No seek complete quot Then quot Could not perform end of disc-at-once quot Edit Erasing and burning a CD works fine on this burner just not a DVD Any help would won't Newly SATA DVD burner burn installed be appreciated Thanks Laura This is my most Newly installed SATA DVD burner won't burn recent Nero log file Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt NEC DVD RW ND- A gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD JB- DUA atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral NEC DVD RW ND- A atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral ST AS SI r Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A SI r Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map NEC DVD RW ND- A D CDRom PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation AM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL AM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A Media type DVD RW AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x AM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at AM SPTI - File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line CdRom SCSIStatus x WinError NeroError - Sense Key x KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST Sense Code x Sense Qual x CDB Data xAD Sense Area x A Buffer x c Len x AM Text File DVDR cpp Line Drive PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A Book Type request PX DVD-ROM Book Type setting not supported for the loaded disc type AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Start formatting disc before burning AM SPTI - Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-sata-dvd-burner-wont-burn.669047/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
I recently had someone install Windows 7 on my Mac. I was dismayed to find there a shortage of memory on Windows. I deleted Graphics Driver but now regret that decision. How can I free up memory space or add more memory? (I'm not a computer person so I would appreciate if anyone answering takes that into account.)

Cheers,
Periwinkle

A:Lacking Memory on newly installed Windows 7

You need to bring a lot more information to the forum in order for us to help you.

Please read this article to understand how to ask for technical help:

How to Ask a Question When You Want Technical Help

If you do not understand, ask. Please refrain from using 1 word/text speech responses. Ask and state things in full sentences. Also avoid text stating things like "I am not good with computers".

It is okay to not know something, and we can work together to solve almost any issue. This is a two way street, both sides must work together to get results.

Please fill out your system specs (if possible) by following this tutorial here: (Click the blue words)

System Info - See Your System Specs
You also might want to take a screenshot showing what the problem is and what your referring to so we can see what you are seeing.

What version of windows 7 is it? Is it 32 bit of 64 bit?

Please reply and ask questions if you need assistance understanding the tutorials or getting the information we need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341015-lacking-memory-newly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently installed a new C: drive in my Primary Computer. I have run the Network Wizard on both my Primary Computer and Secondary Computer but the new drive doesn't show up in the network on EITHER machine. The drive works fine, is accurately listed in the CMOS and readily accessible in My Computer as well as any file manager.

How can I get this drive to be recognized my network which is a simple two machine hookup with no server. Both machines have all drives set for file and printer sharing.

Any suggetions will be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]
Jack Ayres

A:Newly installed C: drive not visisble to my network

This may be a stupid question, but have you shared your C drive? Just because the 2 computers are networked doesn't automatically make everything between them accessable over the network, you have to allow specific directories or drives to be shared explicitly, or they will not show up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-c-drive-not-visisble-to-my-network.19980/
Relevancy 55.47%

Couldn't quite come up with a good title to sum up what the issue is Searched around but 13 installed Newly program XPS -- auto-startup couldn't find the relevant topic I have the Dell XPS i non-touch GB RAM GB SSD Win It seems that certain programs that I've installed the most recent one will start up when I boot up the laptop even though I've disabled their start up within options I've checked the Startup folders in the start menu task manager start up regedit both local machine and current user XPS 13 -- Newly installed program auto-startup and XPS 13 -- Newly installed program auto-startup none have the application inside For example I installed Teamviewer and it always started up during the Windows boot despite startup being unchecked Then I later installed MacType and the MacType wizard keeps popping up when I boot into Windows now in place of Teamviewer I've installed these on other computers and have never had this issue Renaming the application works but I do need MacType to start up just silently and as a service rather than the Wizard Any ideas Thanks

A:XPS 13 -- Newly installed program auto-startup

Used AutoRuns to find out that it was an event in Task Scheduler.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/xps-13-newly-installed-program-auto-startup-1021842.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone. I just bought and installed a xfx geforce 9600gt. when i reboot the computer it doesn't recognize any new hardware. i need help. here are my computer specs:
Cpu amd athlon 64 X2 4200+
Core speed: 2204.7 MHz
motherboard model C51g+mcp51( no manufacturers name with cpu-z)
PCI-E
2 gig ram
Power supply Delta Electronics
output: +12V/15 amp 300 watts
I also had to buy a Y- power cable to reach my power supply. I am new at this and appreciate any and all help you may provide.
thanks in advance.

A:Trouble with newly installed video card

Hey Jahnobi

Do you have an older graphics card that you can try on the system? I'm curious to find out whether it's the new card that could be the problem or if it's the slot that's damaged. At first glance it sounds like a hardware problem to be honest but it could also be incompatible drivers or another software related issue. Check with another graphics card first and get back to us.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-newly-installed-video-card.121949/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recieved my pre-order of spore on Friday and couldn t wait to play it After the installation and the read me and registration I double clicked the spore icon on my desktop waiting for a splash screen a black screen or a window to appear None appeared I thought that I just need to wait a installed games Newly Solved: running! not while so I waited for about ten minutes before I opened task manager and looked at the processes and wouldn t you know SporApp exe is running using KB of memory At this point I have no idea what s wrong I try uninstalling and re installing Solved: Newly installed games not running! I try defragmenting my disk and running it on other accounts I ve even done a repair of windows to see if that helped but it didn t After searching the web for answers I found Solved: Newly installed games not running! this site which had a thread that adressed a similar problem I followed the advice and found that when Microsoft s Plug and Play was disabled that I could run spore but now there s no sound And to make it worse when I open device manager it shows up empty Also there s no speaker icon in the system tray Additionally I ve just installed a new game to see if I just got a bad copy of spore And it has the same problem it won t start Solved: Newly installed games not running! unless plug and play is disabled But with this game the splash screen appears and a warning message appears saying my sound drivers are being used and I need to shut down any programs that are using it but there are no other programs running and the speaker isn t in the system tray Please I m at my wits end with this I have no idea of what I should do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-newly-installed-games-not-running.747957/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi hope I PC installed on Newly slow strong running 7 Win will find some help here I've just installed fresh Win ultimate x via USB Right from the start it was working really slow but it just got worse My hardware Newly installed Win 7 running slow on strong PC is decent Intel i CPU GB RAM WD Caviar GB system HDD Task Manager shows that only of RAM is being used and of CPU Still I can barely work on it - it keeps freezing everytime I click on more than one window Once I had to do a hard restart since it didn't want to shutdown normally and then I got startup failure screen Startup repair didn't do anything but it still managed to boot somehow I tried to optimize win process but that didn't do anything either I believe it might be the HDD since I ran Win normally on other HDD with same hardware But I did use current one as backup storage without a problem Please give me suggestions what should I do Thanks

A:Newly installed Win 7 running slow on strong PC

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/220663-newly-installed-win-7-running-slow-strong-pc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My system's information is as follows:-

System Manufacturer - Intel
System Model - D945GCR

I have installed Chipset and VGA drivers.
I went to Intel site and downloaded drivers (I am not sure whether they were the correct ones, though), but audio is not working. It shows Realtek Audio Drivers in Add/Remove programs but everything in Sounds is grayed out.

LAN drivers are not installing.
I am really confused on how to get my system up & running properly after getting drivers downloaded and installed.

The Intel website does not have a separate download section for my system model.

Please help

A:How to get/install drivers for my newly-installed Windows XP?

infinite_scale,
is your computer DELL, HP or self assembled?

Regards,
www.azandz.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-install-drivers-for-my-newly-installed-windows-xp.996218/