Windows Support Forum

Dell Studio 1535 problem

Q: Dell Studio 1535 problem

The Dell Studio 1535 is new! I got Dell Studio 1535 yesterday. When I update and require restart. When the laptop turns on and I just saw blue screen with white letters. I had to reformatted and everything is fine. This morning, I had problem again. I can't type anything. When I press "F" and the program is open. When I press "M" and the internet is minimize, ETC.

Spec:
Intel? Core 2 Duo T5800 2.0GHz

Midnight Blue Color

15.4" WXGA Widescreen w/ Truelife

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Home Premium Edition

4GB DDR2 Memory, 667MHz

320GB SATA Hard Drive

8X DVD+/-RW Drive with double-layer DVD+R write capability - Read and Burn both CDs and DVDs

Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g Card- Wireless ready!

Integrated 2.0 mega pixel webcamIntegrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

Integrated High Definition Audio 2.085Whr 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery with Power Adapter

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Studio 1535 problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Studio 1535 problem

Hi GiantsFan23 and welcome to Vista Forums

I have tidied your post up so that it can be read without having to scroll (removed the </span> commands).
It sounds as though you have received a BSOD - Blue Screen Of Death. Without knowing what is on the screen, it is hard to ascertain what is wrong and to assist you. Please post back with full details of what is on this screen - capture it using a digital camera if necessary and attach the image to the post.
In the meantime, here is the Search Results - DELL COMMUNITY for your laptop. Have a look through these to see if anyone else has had the same or a similar problem and what they did to resolve it.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/204396-dell-studio-1535-problem.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi , i have few troubles with my Dell , I have Windows 7 about 6~7 months ,first of all I had Windows XP and with Wireless everything was good,but now with Windows 7 I realy need now Wireless , because I work in place where is Wireless internet.And there is my problem:My Wireless and Bluetooth swither doesn't work ,when I turn on Wireless and Bluetooth nothing happens.In network options nothing about Wireless.I look in BIOS options and there is write Wireless card {none}.I think there is no Wireless and Bluetooth drivers, from where I can get these drivers for Windows 7.Waiting for advice

A:Dell Studio 1535 Wireless problem

Dell only has Vista drivers for this model, although usually the Vista drivers work OK on Win 7.
There is an Intel chipset driver listed on the downloads Drivers & Downloads and if the chipset drivers are not installed many devices may not work. On most Dell's the install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install Chipset Drivers (4) Install device drivers.

The Dell downloads have drivers for your hardware, as noted USUALLY the Vista drivers will work for Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92275-dell-studio-1535-wireless-problem.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello , I have one problem , my Dell Studio 1535 Not charging my battery.All plugged in corectly and Charger works ,becouse when i take off batery from laptop it's still working.And i can see in power option there is write ,because my batery (plugged in,not charging).Waiting for answers

A:Dell Studio 1535 Charging problem

How old is the battery?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/56920-dell-studio-1535-charging-problem.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Good day everybody,
Small help pls

Fresh installed windows 7 in my DELL Studio 1535 ,,, everything "Drivers" works perfect! no issue except one thing which actually needs your help PLS

Fingerprint seems doesn't work!
Can someone direct me how solve that or guide me to the right place that i would download the right driver "fingerprint" for my DELL

My earlier OS was Vista Home-premium and fingerprint was working perfect on that OS

Thank you all,
Hani

A:DELL Studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by Hani1231

Good day everybody,
Small help pls

Fresh installed windows 7 in my DELL Studio 1535 ,,, everything "Drivers" works perfect! no issue except one thing which actually needs your help PLS

Fingerprint seems doesn't work!
Can someone direct me how solve that or guide me to the right place that i would download the right driver "fingerprint" for my DELL

My earlier OS was Vista Home-premium and fingerprint was working perfect on that OS

Thank you all,
Hani

Hani if it worked on vista it will work with the same driver on win 7 if you install the driver in compatibility mode
to do that right click the installer>properties>choose OS.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100317-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 95.89%

cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help

win 7 (7600) x32
dell studio 1535

A:Dell studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by infernOO

cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help

win 7 (7600) x32
dell studio 1535

Try to install the vista drivers in vista comp That might work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/20633-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Well i have some problem with resolution... my graphic card is ati mobility radeon hd 3450 and then i playing like an example america's army 3 i have (800x600) not full screen and black collor as it was written at one oll thread.
plz help me
btw i downloaded new drivers for video card, but the results are same ....

A:Dell studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by infernOO

Well i have some problem with resolution... my graphic card is ati mobility radeon hd 3450 and then i playing like an example america's army 3 i have (800x600) not full screen and black collor as it was written at one oll thread.
plz help me
btw i downloaded new drivers for video card, but the results are same ....

inferno

Where did you get the driver? what version is it? is it 32 bit or 64? how much ram? Could you tell us more abt what you did to try and change the resolution?

Waiting on info

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18497-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Dell -1535 dell studio . it crashed while uploading data in shutdown mode and i have a blue screen. i know how to restore it but cant because my cd-rom broken . So i'm running it in safe mode networking so i can use it. I tried recovering it from the hard drive but it does not read correctly is there anything i can do

A:Dell 1535 studio recovery

This appears to be a Vista machine so I will move this thread to the appropriate forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1535-studio-recovery.1062954/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a dell 1535 Format dell studio studio that came with all the cds but my dog chew them all I have nothing to work with but an XP oem s Format dell studio 1535 there a way I can install the xp in this computer I tried but keep on telling me that there is an error in the hard disk and I actually was having issues with the computer I believe there was a virus and it s not even leting me star the windows I still have access to the menu with F F or F thats how i tried to install the xp but it start charging the cd but then stops and tells me about the error is ther away they can send me a copy othe disks when I bought the computer because I know I can have the drivers at their web side but not the vista to reinstall everything So my biggest question is can I clear the hard drive and format it

A:Format dell studio 1535

What operateing system is installed now?

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

Dell - Technical Support

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here ( You will have to change the operating system to match yours.

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/format-dell-studio-1535-a-677086.html
Relevancy 94.6%

My situation is similar to one posted earlier. The laptop goes through the normal boot sequence right up to the mouse pointer on a black screen, and hangs. If I leave the computer at the black screen and pointer it eventually goes to screen saver mode.

I have completely booted the machine using a flashdrive with linux to run an antivirus scan, but windows will not boot.

I have thought that a factory restore is in order, however, when I go to the advanced Boot options menu the "repair your computer" option isn't there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW this computer is not mine, it was brought to me to clean up...obviously needs more than a cleaning.

A:Dell Studio 1535 won't boot

A couple more things, I have tried booting into safe mode with the same results. The other advanced options all resulted in the same situation.

Thinking I could run SFC if I got to a command prompt, but no love. This system hangs every time in the same place.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300916-dell-studio-1535-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Good Evening all I own a Dell Studio Model a Studio Dell BSOD 1535 - few days back my laptop was actually having some Updates while Shutting down Suddenly it stopped and my Laptop was Shut Down Next day when I Started it the system just showed me a BSOD I tried to use Start in Safe Mode Factory restore options by Tapping F just after the start but Dell Studio 1535 - BSOD Nothing worked It continously showed me BSOD after every process Therefore I got nothing to help out even after contacting Dell as we all know a very weak response was what I got So I need a Little help out from you people If you can let me know the process of restoring my system back and giving proceedings about how to format such Laptops I never used vista before this - Anyhow I'm even attaching the BSOD error clicked by my Camera I'll be thankful if I get the Solution as soon as Possible BSOD Error Screen Thank You

A:Dell Studio 1535 - BSOD

If you are not able to see the Attached Image , Then please Right click and Open it in a new Tab =)
Thank You !

http://www.vistax64.com/software/246499-dell-studio-1535-bsod.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a Dell Studio 1535 I removed Vista and installed XP pro I thought I installed all the drivers but still no sound..... Can anyone help????

A:No sound on Dell Studio 1535

See the Verified answer on the Dell site for the driver download: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19139703/19290059.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-dell-studio-1535.793357/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello everyone!

Could you please help me with the following:
Ive got a Dell Studio 1535 running Windows Vista.
I want to upgrade to Windows 7, used the Upgrade Advisor, no problem.
The only thing I need before I want to install Win 7 are the drivers.
HOWEVER Dell hasnt got any drivers suitable for my PC!
When I go to the download page, it only gives 2 options:
-> Windows Vista 32 bit
-> Windows Vista 64 bit
What am I to do?
I really want to upgrade, but if the drivers are missing, my PC wont work!
Do the vista drivers work for 7 as well???
Please help me!

A:Dell Studio 1535 Drivers!

In most cases, Vista drivers will work for Windows 7 as well. However, you might like to try a clean installation - the DVD contains many more drivers than the one for Vista, and you might not actually need any others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/42831-dell-studio-1535-drivers.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I have been given a Dell Studio to fix the laptop isn t turning on and before when it did power on it worked slowly The charger was in a really bad shape tho I tried on Studio powering isn't 1535 Dell to power it on anyway and it did power on but for seconds enough time for me to get in BIOS settings There afyer second I reached them it died because the charger was moved mm Since then the laptop never powered on again I even replaced the charger which besides Dell Studio 1535 isn't powering on it tries to charge it in every position I insert it in the charging jack it did nothing The original charger had A but the newer one has only A We have possibilities Trying to PO power on the laptop with a battery the charging LED blinks red times and white once Trying to PO the laptop without a battery the charging LED stayes on for seconds and then it shuts off In neither of these possibilities the laptop turns on

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158473.0.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi guys don t know if you can help Have a 7 1535 loading Windows not Dell on Studio Dell Studio which came with Vista Home Premium installed It has GB Memory RAM Checked and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows So bought a copy of Windows Home Premium As recommended by Windows I uninstalled these programs - iTunes - ATI Catalyst Install Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 Manager had to do this by selecting Change amp then uninstall in Control Panel Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 Programs amp Features as no uninstall option with this program for some reason Checked system type - bit operating system So used the Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 bit software When I tried to install it got error quot The upgrade was not successful Your previous version of windows is being restored Do not restart your computer during this time quot I know other people have been able to install Windows on this model Is there anything that you can suggest I try I am a novice so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow Help I hate Vista Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

Hello guys!

Today, my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate finally arrived!
Installation was no problem and most of the drivers are installed.
However, I still miss a few.
I miss:

Name: A base system device
Developer: unknown

Name: Unknow device
Developer: unknowm

Windows automatically installed all the other drivers.
But I cannot find any driver for the devices listed above.
Does somebody know where I can find them?
Please help me!

A:Missing drivers Dell Studio 1535

Hi, try here , it might help you.

Solution Station by Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/44569-missing-drivers-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Our 6 month old dell studio 1535 has stopped working correctly.

First sign of fault was that cooling fan came on permanently yesterday, then touchpad pointer stopped working. I used system restore to restore it to the day befores setting and shut down. on restart the pointer worked but the keyboard wouldn,t.

Anybody got any suggestiong before i go through the hasstle of sending it back to dell.

Thanks

Kenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1535-keyboard-fault.769785/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi everyone. I slipped a dvd into my drive, carefully as usual, and for some reason, my eject button and manual eject (from computer setting) won't work. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Can someone please advise?

A:Disc stuck in Dell Studio 1535

There is a small hole in the drive door. Insert a key (straightened paper clip) and push. You are feeling for a spring button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/22511-disc-stuck-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all

Its been about 2 week since I installed Windows 7.
I love the new OS but I am still missing some drivers!!!
I tried to contact Dell, and this was their answer:
"You need to download the Windows 7 drivers"
Like I dont know...
But there are still no Windows 7 drivers on the Studio 1535 driver download page.
This is the information Windows gives me:

I read something about Ricoh drivers or something like that, but I cannot find any solution... One of the missing drivers listed above is for the remote control (i think)
Because it doesnt respond to any button I push on it :P
Could somebody please help me!!

(is it possible that Windows 7 has trouble starting up because of the missing drivers?)

A:Missing Dell Studio 1535 drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by bitquestion

Hi all

Its been about 2 week since I installed Windows 7.
I love the new OS but I am still missing some drivers!!!
I tried to contact Dell, and this was their answer:
"You need to download the Windows 7 drivers"
Like I dont know...
But there are still no Windows 7 drivers on the Studio 1535 driver download page.
This is the information Windows gives me:

I read something about Ricoh drivers or something like that, but I cannot find any solution... One of the missing drivers listed above is for the remote control (i think)
Because it doesnt respond to any button I push on it :P
Could somebody please help me!!

(is it possible that Windows 7 has trouble starting up because of the missing drivers?)

Hi and welcome

I too suffer dells lack of win 7 64bit support. You can use the vista drivers as long as you install them in compatibility mode. to do so you right click installer>properties>compatibility mode check vista

Hope this helps and let us know
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/47327-missing-dell-studio-1535-drivers.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi guys don't know if you can help Have a Dell Studio which came with Vista Home Premium installed It has GB Memory RAM Running Kaspersky internet security Checked Windows Upgrade Advisor and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows So bought a copy of Windows Home Premium As recommended by Windows I uninstalled these programs - iTunes - ATI Catalyst Install Manager had to do this by selecting Change amp then uninstall in Control Panel Programs amp Features as no uninstall option with this program for some reason Checked system type - bit operating system So used the bit software When I tried to install it got error quot The upgrade was not successful Your previous version of windows is being restored 7 Studio 1535 on not loading Dell Windows Do not restart your computer during this time quot I know other people have been able to install Windows on this model Is there anything that Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 you can suggest I try I am not majorly Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 'techie' so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow Help Thanks

A:Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535

It is strongly recommended to do a Clean Install rather than an in-place Upgrade which imports any corruption from the prior OS.

Clean Install Windows 7 Boot the Win7 DVD, select Custom install, use Drive tools to format before installing Win7. The DVD will see the prior OS at bootup to allow use of Upgrade version key.

If there was ever a time for a fresh clean install it is with the best OS ever.

If you must for some reason do an in-place Upgrade at this time, try running it with a Clean Boot procedure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/76648-windows-7-not-loading-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

About a day after installing windows professional bit on my Dell Studio which had Studio Dell 1535 driver keyboard been running Vista home premium bit my keyboard became very cantankerous I expect this is a driver issue but I haven't been able to solve it I've installed vista drivers from dell com for various input devices Drivers amp Downloads This managed to get the card reader working it was the only thing identified as problematic but didn't help the keyboard More on the problem all the keys still work if you type very slowly Here's that last sentence typed at normal speed on my keyboard orote proble alte ks sllwork if yo tpe very slol Right now I'm typing on a mac USB keyboard that's working fine Also the row of light-up controls above the keyboard volume controls eject media control no longer work Not a big deal I can live without those The touch pad is also slow and jumpy but I usually use a USB mouse Can anyone point me to a Vista driver for the keyboard that's in the laptop Or help me solve this some other way Windows says that all the drivers are OK

A:Dell Studio 1535 keyboard driver

Quote: Originally Posted by filups21

About a day after installing windows 7 professional 64 bit on my Dell Studio 1535 (which had been running Vista home premium 64 bit), my keyboard became very cantankerous. I expect this is a driver issue, but I haven't been able to solve it. I've installed vista drivers from dell.com for various input devices (Drivers & Downloads). This managed to get the card reader working (it was the only thing 7 identified as problematic), but didn't help the keyboard.

More on the problem; all the keys still work if you type very slowly. Here's that last sentence typed at normal speed on my keyboard: orote proble;alte ks sllwork if yo tpe very slol. Right now I'm typing on a mac USB keyboard that's working fine. Also, the row of light-up controls above the keyboard (volume controls, eject, media control) no longer work. Not a big deal, I can live without those. The touch pad is also slow and jumpy, but I usually use a USB mouse.

Can anyone point me to a Vista driver for the keyboard that's in the laptop? Or help me solve this some other way? Windows 7 says that all the drivers are OK.

Type device manager in search. When you have the manager, click on all the arrows by items that you are interested in. If there is a new driver available you will see a yellow warning sticker. Is this the way you checked, already? If your drivers are ok, the obvious os left. Maybe time for a new keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/48389-dell-studio-1535-keyboard-driver.html
Relevancy 92.45%

It is a Dell Studio 1535. After cleaning my computer with air.... I rebooted it and the cd/dvd button seems stuck. It lights up and keeps trying to eject even when I insert a disk it ejects it. Any ideas?

A:Dell Studio 1535 sensitive cntrl to dvd stuck

maybe use a paper clip and gently try to pry it back up/out. make sure no crud is keeping it punched in

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1535-sensitive-cntrl-to-dvd-stuck.1102473/
Relevancy 92.45%

PROBLEM Dell BIOS A EXE update utility hangs during BIOS flash process DESCRIPTION Open Dell BIOS A EXE update utility from saved location on desktop by right-clicking and running as Administrator Click Continue button on quot Dell BIOS Flash quot update utility dialogue box asking quot Replace 'A ' BIOS with 'A ' BIOS quot Click Okay in Shutdown Confirmation dialog box Computer Hangs Installation 1535 A06 Dell Studio BIOS: shuts down like normal quot Logging off quot screen then quot Shutting down quot screen Instead of powering down the computer quot hangs quot --still powered on exhaust fan and Media Strip buttons active power button light on The computer NEVER finishes the shutdown process and powers off If I force-shutdown the computer hold the power button down for seconds the computer powers down but when I restart it push BIOS: Dell Studio 1535 A06 Installation Hangs power button wait for POST the BIOS load screen still says Dell BIOS A under the POST test status bar In other words because of this BIOS: Dell Studio 1535 A06 Installation Hangs weird hang-up not finishing the shutdown and hanging in a full-powered mode the BIOS updated never activates This quot hanging quot issue also happens any time the computer automatically restarts itself whether by command choosing quot Restart quot from the Windows menu or through a system process installing new software that automatically calls the system into restart mode EVERY TIME it will hang in this weird powered-but-useless mode never fully powering off I have disabled device drivers some have said that the webcam driver plays havoc with driver update issues so that device has been disabled Others have said that the Roxio EasyCD software is a known culprit However it's been uninstalled and deleted from my system as I HATE Roxio's products and have absolutely no use for the software So what in the world is causing this It's very frustrating to say the least I just want to update to A because I'm having so many BIOS problems under A Media Strip quot Eject CD quot and quot Volume Up quot buttons freezing quot on quot exhaust fan going full RPM BIOS: Dell Studio 1535 A06 Installation Hangs for no apparent reason--even with CPU temperature at C or less DVDs not being recognized or ejected etc etc all of which have been pointed to being known problems with Dell's shoddy A BIOS Just I can't seem to get the darn thing to properly shutdown so that the BIOS updater can flash the ROM PLEASE HELP Thanks in advance -- M J Miller Dell Studio Win v build Intel Core Duo T CPUs at GHz GB MHz DDR RAM

A:BIOS: Dell Studio 1535 A06 Installation Hangs

To fix media strip buttons (touch sensitive) you should do firmware upgrade "FW7_X0D" which can be found and read about in detail here:

How to fix the media control panel on a Dell Studio 1535/1536/1537 - Neowin Forums

I hope this helps at least one related issue you're having.

Note: Upgrading from A05 to A06 DOES NOT solve the media strip buttons problem, only the firmware supplied above does. Good luck!!! (I personally struggled with the media control buttons issue for months before stumbling upon the solution which worked like a charm!)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/54839-bios-dell-studio-1535-a06-installation-hangs.html
Relevancy 92.45%

When I try to print a pdf file, when I click on the print it freezes the computer. Don't know what to do???

A:Dell studio 1535 freezes when I try to print a pdf file

Hi and welcome to TSF try uninstalling the printer software and drivers then reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-1535-freezes-when-i-try-to-print-a-pdf-file-680409.html
Relevancy 92.45%

The picture does not fill the screen on my laptop. It has a setting of 1280 X 800. I need to have a 16:10 ratio to fill the screen. How do I get it when its not an opt? It said it was supported in siw report but I can't load it. ???

A:dell studio 1535 /w ati mobility radeon HD 3450

DJH mate try downloading the driver from here and see if the Catalyst control Centre will let you scale the screen.

Oops http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/315727-dell-studio-1535-w-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-3450-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Dell Studio 1535

I've successfully installed Windows 7 on a clients laptop, the thing is the touchpad won't scroll anymore after having installed W7.

I have all the drivers and everything, even the driver for the touchpad.

I just can't figure out to set/configure the touchpad to scroll again.

Note: The touchpad itself does work, but it just won't scroll.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Dell Studio 1535 touchpad won't scroll after installing W7

Do you have x86 or x64 Windows 7? You say you have the drivers, confirm that it is these (pick for your correct version)

32 Bit

64 Bit

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188474-dell-studio-1535-touchpad-wont-scroll-after-installing-w7.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,Brand: Dell Laptop Studio 1535 Model: PP33L start up issues. The laptop lights go on like it's going to start, then the PC shuts off.1. Checked the ram2. Checked the power cord and battery.3. Discharged the electricity from the PC holding down the the power button and doing that procedure.No Luck? 

A:Dell Laptop Studio 1535 Model: PP33L start up issues

You have three options.
(1) Send the motherboard in to be repaired (poor choice) I have used this option several times. Fast fail again rate is very high. You can easily find people on ebay that fix boards.
(2) Get a new motherboard if you love the laptop and it is very good condition other wise
(3) Junk it and get a new laptop (best option)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526057/dell-laptop-studio-1535-model-pp33l-start-up-issues/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,

I just installed Windows 7 x64 on my Dell Studio 1535 laptop, and it says that I am missing a base system device driver. Here are the details:

Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_02541028&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_02541028
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_0880
PCI\VEN_1180
PCI\CC_088000
PCI\CC_0880

Any idea what this could be?

A:Dell Studio 1535 missing driver in Windows 7 x64 (Base System Device)

It's your Ricoh Card Reader R5C833. (<== click on it to download)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1535-missing-driver-in-windows-7-x64-base-system-device.136887/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys I m new to the forum and have had the below issue for about a week now I ve been looking for solutions in this forum and online but nothing worked or matched the symptoms Symptoms are The computer when powered up does not start Screen remains black 1535 Sound start Studio Lights - Computer Dell - Flashing won't Button Touch sounds buttons mute and raise volume blink in unison Lower sound button remain on This is for a Dell Studio I have had for years Running windows for months now I have tried A solution by Krypebud posted here years ago which was to download the firmware ISO I and reboot the computer This did not work I have also checked that the screen does not work on a Dell Studio 1535 - Sound Button Lights Flashing - Computer won't start second monitor it does not Additionally I have tried the LCD BIST test which works fine no distortions colours all seem fine Would anyone know needs to be done here apart Dell Studio 1535 - Sound Button Lights Flashing - Computer won't start from buying a new laptop Please be simple in your explanations I have very little knowledge of computers assume I have no idea about anything Thanks in advance for your help Greg

A:Dell Studio 1535 - Sound Button Lights Flashing - Computer won't start

greggerg,
There are 3 sound buttons in a row. Which one remains on? The first one while the other 2 blink?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19648803
Relevancy 87.72%

Every so often, the touch-button that raises volume becomes "stuck". I can only temporarily get rid of the problem by shutting down the computer. After I turn the computer back on, it makes a very loud beeping noise then proceeds to work, for the most part, normally. Also, my mouse stops every so often in the middle of moving it. Please help! I don't want to have to send my laptop in if this is fixable.
Thanks for all of your help.

In case it matters, I'm running Vista Home Premium on my Dell Studio 1535. I'm fairly certain I have all the BIOS and the drivers updated.

A:Studio 1535 Problem!

A Dell service technician came to my home yesterday and replaced the hinge cover on my 2 new studio laptops (that is the plastic cover that contains the media control buttons, ie, volume up, volume down, eject, etc.).  He said it is a fairly widespread issue, apparently, the wires and/or connection on the underside of the cover were faulty.  Anyway, booted up both laptops several times and it appears the problem has been resolved.  So, for all of you with the ringing at start up problem, up volume button stuck on, eject button stuck on, this is the fix.  You need to have Dell send a service technician to your home/business to replace the hinge cover, or, if you are able, they could send you the replacement cover and you could do it yourself.  I watched the technician do the work, it is a bit complicated.  THIS IS THE FIX.  IF I HAVE ANY FURTHER ISSUES WITH THIS OR OTHER, I WILL POST BACK HERE.  GOOD LUCK! 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19243676
Relevancy 75.68%

Laptop does not start clean. after the dialog box runs to the end there is a request to type "desktop" and press enter at the prompt. The desktop items make appearance after this only. any attempt to foreclose the box by clicking x causes laptop to restart and process starts all over again.Attachments include hijackthis log.

A:startup problem for Dell laptop 1535

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244529/startup-problem-for-dell-laptop-1535/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello , First of all i want to sorry for my English . Ok there is my problem , i installed Windows 7 x64 on my Dell Studio 1535 , all works fine ,but when my Mobile Phone is near my laptop it's get crazy.When I'm getting SMS or call it looks like my mouse roll goes up and down all the time when i'm getting call.For example my Mozilla FireFox page goes up and down. This problem is too when I'm using Vodafone mobile Connect internet and it's use GPRS cennection.This looks like is something wrong with device waves.Who can help me with this problem?

A:My Studio 1535 Gets Crazy

Quote: Originally Posted by EdvardasK

Hello , First of all i want to sorry for my English . Ok there is my problem , i installed Windows 7 x64 on my Dell Studio 1535 , all works fine ,but when my Mobile Phone is near my laptop it's get crazy.When I'm getting SMS or call it looks like my mouse roll goes up and down all the time when i'm getting call.For example my Mozilla FireFox page goes up and down. This problem is too when I'm using Vodafone mobile Connect internet and it's use GPRS cennection.This looks like is something wrong with device waves.Who can help me with this problem?

Hi and welcome
What wifi card is in your dell?

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47919-my-studio-1535-gets-crazy.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All I am new to the forum I have 1535 Dell a Dell it is months old I have had to call dell several times after running their hardware diagnostic they have informed me that the problem that I am experiencing is an issue with the registry I was not able to get to my desktop had a blank screen When I did get to it I was not able to access the internet I have since returned to factory settings I find the laptop is not as fast as when I first got it I read in the forum another owner disabling his web cam when he upadated Just wondering if I have to do the same My laptop has a webcam and finger reader I have had problems with the finger reader Dell 1535 where the software sent from dell wont even load without an error message and dell uninstalled and did there thing to fix the finger reader is again not working I am hoping my post is not confusing Whatever info you can provide would be useful please in as simple terms as possible thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217563-dell-1535-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The CNET site, Studio 1535 review shows my Intel T8100 as a 64 bit VISTA OS but is came with VISTA 32. I would like to reformat and load a fresh 64 bit Windows 7. Is this possible, and will 32-bit Vista drivers work with a 64 bit Windows 7 OS?

A:Dell 1535 from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Win 7

The 1535 should run W7 64-bit fine since Vista 64-bit is an option for that computer. The W7 installation disk should automatically install most of the drivers you need and for those it doesn't have, the Vista 64-bit drivers here Drivers & Downloads
should work (32-bit drivers will not work with your W7 64-bit installation).

Dell is updating a lot of their drivers now that W7 is out and I wouldn't be surprised to see W7 drivers offered for the 1535 in the near future.
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32524-dell-1535-32-bit-vista-64-bit-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I had an issue with installing a game on my dell laptop and it stopped starting up completely wouldn't turn on all the way At this point i had windows vista i had a friend who knows a lot about computers look at it and he restored it to factory settings and installed windows on it When i got the laptop home it worked fine but it said i didn't have a dvd drive i restarted the computer and hit f and selected cd dvd rom drive and it booted fine and recognized the dvd drive it worked fine for days then when i booted it up it told me i could not find the hard drive then i tried the same thing as i did with the dvd drive and it started up again but now everytime i boot it up it launches startup repair which then tells me the problem can t be fixed and it flashes to a blue screen then shutsdown and i can't do a factory settings restore 1535 Dell Laptop because no operating system is listed to restore to on the restore menu when you hit f then repair computer any insight on how to fix this

A:Dell 1535 Laptop

Do a repair install with your windows 7 dvd....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64795-dell-1535-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I'm trying to install Dell Studio 1535 Bios drivers from A02 to A06 , but i get error : Error! The BIOS update could not be performed ,because a valid ROM image file could not be found . If can it be , because Windows 7 can't read this driver?

A:Dell 1535 Bios Drivers

you might have a corrupted download
try downloading again

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/48575-dell-1535-bios-drivers.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1535 I purchased in Sept. of 2008 and the Backlight bulb has quit working.
Does anyone know the cost of the Bulb?
I live in the Minneapolis area and would also be looking for a shop to replace said bulb.
Any information would be appreciated.

Jerry

P.S. My tag # is 7TF01F1

A:Dell Laptop 1535 BackLight

Actually, it's far more likely that the inverter has crapped out, they go more often than the backlight.

In any case, you can buy the inverters or the backlight bulbs, try a search on eBay for the parts. If you're going to take it to a shop, the cost of labor will be far more than the parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-1535-backlight.922120/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to reformat the Dell to its original setting, I pressed F8 and it does not give me the option Repair Computer or Dell Factory Image Restore as stated be Dell. I tried contacting Dell but my warranty expired last year, now they want to charge $50 just to scan. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Dell 1535 Reformat to Original Settings

Here is the support site for the Dell Studio 1535 laptop.

Go here and start reading at page 267.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1535-reformat-to-original-settings.992858/
Relevancy 62.78%

Had to reinstall Windows Vista OS and of course lost everything. Reloaded the Drivers and utilities CD. Now cannot connect to my home network. ?This computer does not have a network adapter installed and configured?. Went to device manager and under the ?other devices? tab, everything under it has the yellow exclamation marks. Also the display is not right. Under the ?display adapters? tab the ?Standard VGA Graphics Adapter? also has the yellow exclamation mark. I have disabled and enabled all of them to no avail. Also checked the services and they seem to be started. Not sure exactly which ones should be started but all the ones about networking are running. Home network is working because I have other devices running from it just fine. I?m a little overwhelmed at this point. Also trying to sift through the archives at the same time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem with Dell Studio 17

Hello, I would work on installing updates needed to get your OS up to date first , then I would work on latest drivers from Computer manufacture site with a combo of motherboard driver updates and graphics as well as audio drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294925-problem-dell-studio-17-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

This happen on Jan I was online and the wireless stopped working did not change settings It says it has excellent signal strength and locates the signal from the DLink yet it will not connected with the wireless but does connect with an ethernet wired connection Called Dell to Troubleshooted problem they said it is a known software problem not covered by my warranty cannot afford to pay for fix Have been all over the internet for a known software issue no one seems to be having the exact same issue I have since formatted the computer Dell says the card is fine since it works with the ethernet I have a second Vista working. 1535, stopped Dell wireless 802.11 32bit latop Dell Inspiron and it works just fine so I know it is not the DLink Has anyone else had and fixed this problem From another thread required restart Also reset modem and Dlink Here is a copy paste of an earlier thread Red text that fixed my problem THANK YOU WarriorMP Originally Posted by WarriorMP My appologies I should have updated this thread As it happens I found the solution as to why it wouldn't connect through a router I have this nifty little nVidia quot Network Controller Test Utility quot that I ran at the beginning of all this See this computer was given to me for the very same reason this thread was posted Anyway at first I didn't make the connection but at the bottom of the utility after the test was run there was a note quot Swap cable for known good and check that Auto-Negotiation settings match that of the PC you're connected to quot or some such I took that to mean set to Auto Negotiation which it was Well after a series of Driver Uninstalls and reinstalls I finally got things back to where they belong and was able to run the utility again After reading that same note I went into quot Device Manager quot then quot Network Controller Vista 32bit Dell 1535, 802.11 wireless stopped working. quot quot Properties quot and under the quot Speed amp Duplex quot Setting I changed it from Auto to Mbps Full Duplex Shortly there after the system recognized the router and began setting up the network configuration So Long story shot Problem Solved Thank you though for your Vista 32bit Dell 1535, 802.11 wireless stopped working. input

A:Vista 32bit Dell 1535, 802.11 wireless stopped working.

Originally Posted by LRay53

This happen on Jan 25. I was online, and the wireless stopped working, did not change settings. It says it has excellent signal strength, and locates the signal from the DLink yet it will not connected with the wireless 802.11, but does connect with an ethernet wired connection. Called Dell to Troubleshooted problem, they said it is a known software problem not covered by my warranty, cannot afford to pay for fix. Have been all over the internet, for a known software issue no one seems to be having the exact same issue. I have since formatted the computer. Dell says the card is fine since it works with the ethernet. I have a second latop Dell Inspiron 1545 and it works just fine, so I know it is not the DLink. Has anyone else had, and fixed this problem?

From another thread, required restart. Also reset modem and Dlink. Here is a copy paste of an earlier thread (Red text) that fixed my problem THANK YOU WarriorMP!!!

Originally Posted by WarriorMP

My appologies,

I should have updated this thread. As it happens I found the solution as to why it wouldn't connect through a router.
I have this nifty little nVidia "Network Controller Test Utility" that I ran at the beginning of all this. See, this computer was given to me for the very same reason this thread was posted. Anyway, at first I didn't make the connection but at the bottom of the utility after the test was run there was a note: " Swap cable for known good and check that Auto-Negotiation settings match that of the PC you're connected to..." or some such. I took that to mean set to Auto Negotiation (which it was).

Well, after a series of Driver Uninstalls and reinstalls I finally got things back to where they belong and was able to run the utility again. After reading that same note I went into "Device Manager" then "Network Controller" "Properties" and under the "Speed & Duplex" Setting I changed it from Auto to 100Mbps @ Full Duplex. Shortly there after
the system recognized the router and began setting up the network configuration. So, Long story shot... Problem Solved!

Thank you though for your input.

Your courtesy of reporting back, will save other members time and help those with a similar problem. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/267765-vista-32bit-dell-1535-802-11-wireless-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there, this is my first post on this forum and i really would like someone to help me to fix this annoying problem.
Its basically where some things on my display are fuzzy.
The operating system i am currently using is Windows Vista.
It normally happens:
(1) on my desktop background
(2) on the right hand side of Internet Explorer where the Close, Maximise and Minimise buttons are.

I have enclosed a Microsoft Word 2007 document showing where the problems occur.

Please can you help me with this
Thanks,
I am getting many views but no one is actually giving me advice

A:Problem with my Dell Studio 1555

Thread reopened per request.

If you could take a screenshot and save your image as an .jpg file, more people may be able to view what you are seeing.

I have also moved your thread to the Hardware forum where you should get more help.

This link will help with posting a good screenshot.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot#Creating_a_screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-dell-studio-1555.1033011/
Relevancy 62.35%

There was a guy who also asked this question but his topic got closed without any replies and I m having the same problem He asked the following Brand new laptop with sound studio 17 problem Dell the new os Dell studio 17 sound problem from about a month ago now started having problems within the first week where the sound would randomly not work upon starting the laptop whenever i played anything on the internet that had sound the browser would crash whereas vids on my laptop play normally but without sound anyone have any idea whats going on normally fixes itself Dell studio 17 sound problem after a couple of restarts but i ve done that about times now and it aint changing this time Click to expand I can restart the laptop just once for it to work again but it s a drag to go over that everytime I myself think that it has something to do with the headphones The risk of the audio not working is the greatest when I unplug the headphones while booting up but I don t know for sure Can anyone please help me nbsp

A:Dell studio 17 sound problem

Sorry to hear about your problem with your studio 17. It's probably not the right time to ask, but would you buy a studio17 again? i am just about to buy one. regards rhode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-17-sound-problem.941095/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm working on a Dell Studio 1745 (Windows 7/2X2GB DDR3 memory) which would blue-screen on boot and beep four times. I removed and replaced the memory modules one at a time and found one module was defective, but computer would boot and run with the one good 2GB module. I ordered two new matched DDR3 2GB modules. With both new modules installed, the computer will boot then blue-screen within two minutes. I can install either of the new modules in either slot and the computer will boot and run flawlessly, but installing the second module causes it to blue-screen and shut down almost immediately. Any ideas will be immensly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-memory-problem.1060564/
Relevancy 62.35%

Brand new laptop with the new os from about a month ago now. started having problems within the first week where the sound would randomly not work upon starting the laptop.

whenever i played anything on the internet that had sound, the browser would crash. whereas vids on my laptop play normally, but without sound.

anyone have any idea whats going on?

normally fixes itself after a couple of restarts, but i've done that about 10 times now and it aint changing this time.

thanks.

A:dell studio 17 sound problem

correction, only vlc player plays anything, and it plays it without sound, and will only play one thing. anything i try to play after, makes it crash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-17-sound-problem.907904/
Relevancy 62.35%

today i tried connecting to my wireless router through my laptop, which has been working just fine since is a new laptop, to get internet access seems like the status is connected but it wont access the internet, my router network is strong and when i try connecting it just wont, but my second laptop will. what would be the problem? could it be my built in card?

edit: seems like im connected now but network is really slow and it constantly disconnects and connects.
could it be a virus instead?..

windows network diagnostics:

PROBLEMS FOUND:

problem with wireless adapter or access pint NOT FIXED X
a network cable is not propertly plugged in on may be borken DETECTED !

**oh and i just noticed this is in the wrong section please help me move it to the wlan lan network section

A:dell studio wireless problem

If you have other wireless computers connected, sometimes IP addresses can become confused depending on how you have configured your router. If it is safe to do so then sometimes powering off your router for 30 seconds can fix this.

Also, scan your system with SuperAntiSpyware, trackers, when there are enough of them can cause these network symptoms also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-wireless-problem.961703/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have used the media center software and also dl,d power dvd 9 to try to play a blu-ray movie. The movie will play for about 3 or 4 minutes and then the computer just shuts down the same as if it were suddenly unplugged or the power has gone off. I tried other forums and this seems to be a problem with these computers, but Dell is in no hurry to come up with a fix. The movie quality is good while it lasts.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Studio Hybrid w/blu-ray problem

Determine the model of Blu ray drive you have, see if there is a firmware update for it

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=STUDIOHYBRID140G&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

look under CD/DVD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-hybrid-w-blu-ray-problem.847597/
Relevancy 61.49%

I got my laptop only 4 days back and already i am facing a problem...The touch sensitive buttons(media buttons) dont work at all(dont even light up)....is the problem have something to do with humidity?...only an hour back they were working and then after i installed the DELL bluetooth headset(provided free)....the touch sensitive buttons stopped working....even if i reboot,the problem remains..please help!

A:Dell Studio 17 Media buttons problem

Solution...check Dell support site first

Laptop Playback and Volume Control Buttons Do Not Work
Journal ID: 082101TNWB
Wizard ID: 341694
Date Published: 5/1/2008
Last Revised: 5/1/2008

STEP: Drain the Residual Power From the Laptop

Additional Information
Turn the computer off.

Remove the AC adapter from the computer. If the computer is in a docking station or attached to a port replicator, remove it.

Remove the battery from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and release.

Put the computer back into its original configuration and power up normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-17-media-buttons-problem.109219/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there, this is my second post on this forum and i really would like someone to help me to fix this annoying problem.
Its basically where some things on my display are fuzzy.
The operating system i am currently using is Windows Vista.
It normally happens:
(1) on my desktop background
(2) on the right hand side of Internet Explorer where the Close, Maximise and Minimise buttons are.

I have enclosed a Microsoft Word 2007 document showing where the problems occur.

Please can you help me with this
Thanks,
I am getting many views but no one is actually giving me advice

Relevancy 61.49%

Has anyone experienced this weird charging issue?? Is the problem related to my power adapter??

A:Dell Studio 1558 Charging Problem

Hi MAXIMUS37,
I presume your system does not power on anymore. If it is so, then read on:
So, as per the video, I see that the light on the power adapter goes off when connected to the system.
There could be 3 causes of this, in this order:
Power adapter - Test the system with another power adapter and see if it works.
DC Port - the port where you connect the adapter might be shorted out and needs to be replaced - this is the part you need - http://bit.ly/2bZgPXB
Motherboard - which is my primary suspected part, if another adapter and dc port does not work, then the motherboard needs to be replaced. 
If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
You could also choose to purchase the parts from the 3rd party seller - link above.
Personally, I would suggest you to invest your money in a new machine than to repair this old system.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990041
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok this is my second posting...For a long time I can't play sound on my laptop speaker which is dell studio 1555 brought in 2008. after a clean installation of win 7 x64 the sound plays in headphones properly. In speaker, well, sometimes it plays and most of the time don't (as like machine is deciding when to roll).. And the serious issue is if I don't plug in the headphones IDT sound setting options pop ups and won't let me work.....(like the image)
In sound card settings it shows there are two different sound card, IDT High definition audio codec and Microsoft High definition audio device...
I tried latest drivers from dell support for win7 x64...doesn't solve the problem...
Please someone help me...I really need to solve the problem...And I know its a problem with driver...but can't find the right driver for this product or whatever.......

Please Please Please help....

A:IDT sound problem in Dell Studio 1555...Plz help

The first thing I see is that you have both the IDT and Microsoft sound drivers. That will cause a conflict, you need to ONLY have the Dell supplied driver. I do a lot of support on the Dell users forum and we have found that non-Dell sound drivers either do not work or do not work correctly. Uninstall the Microsoft driver and then restart the PC. Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel and make sure your "Speakers" are set as the default playback device.

This is the correct Dell IDT driver for Win 7 64 bit. Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/225108-idt-sound-problem-dell-studio-1555-plz-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey I have had my studio for about three months and I have used it to import a lot of CDs onto the laptops harddrive However only this week i have noticed Dell 1555 drive Studio problem DVD that DVD CD drive appears to make Dell Studio 1555 DVD drive problem the loading noise every couple of minutes when I have been watching a DVD I recognise that this was loading in the past but now it appears to occur far too often and it can be very distracting from the film Sometimes the DVD CD drive will make the loading sound play normally for Dell Studio 1555 DVD drive problem a very short space of time and then slow down Then it will reload and probably repeat Throughout the time the DVD plays fine and there appears to be no stops during the film or tv show but it is very very annoying and I just hope that it is not a sign of worse things to come The Dell website has also been useless in aiding me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1555 DVD drive problem

" have used it to import a lot of CDs onto the laptops harddrive." Sounds like you may need to free up some space by storing the items to CDs, flashdrives or an online storage site. If no joy contact Dell Live support since your under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1555-dvd-drive-problem.885817/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok! here is the problem , My brother called me over to see what is wrong with his computer. He told that the screen is messed up and I determined that he needs a new screen. after maybe a month in storage he gets the money up, and I went to turn on the computer and it would not start(the screen has not been installed yet). I checked the power connections and everything was fine. there was one little thing, as I took the power cord out, I notice that the LCD for the power blinked. Any ideas of what went wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1558-power-problem.1097339/
Relevancy 61.49%

Here is what I sent through to Dell ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Description of problem Earlier this week I tried to update the bios of my laptop by downloading the program from the Dell website The flashing program had almost finished when Windows froze entirely I Studio XPS problem BIOS Dell 1645 left the computer for minutes but with still no response I was forced to unplug the Dell Studio XPS 1645 BIOS problem AC and battery Since then the laptop does not respond at all to any input power button AC input etc Description of any troubleshooting steps you have taken I looked online and found this article http forum notebookreview com dell-xps-studio-xps -bricked-xps- -help htmlwhere the second post has instructions for fixing this sort of thing I followed them Dell Studio XPS 1645 BIOS problem but it does not look to have helped I got the BIOS file by running the BIOS program from the Dell website and finding the temporary location it extracted the BIOS WPH file and putting it on the USB To get the laptop Dell Studio XPS 1645 BIOS problem to power on into BIOS recovery mode with the side LEDs turned orange I had to hold down the end key and then release it at the same time as pressing the power button I did this with only AC power I tried the process with USB drives - one of them had an LED access light which flashed for about seconds total once I had pressed the end key power button combo but then no further access I then left the laptop for sometime more than minutes and powered it off and tried to boot it with no luck I then tried a different USB key that does not have an access LED and after about minutes the laptop turned itself off Taking this as a good sign I removed the USB and tried to power the laptop on but again I had no luck I tried many combinations of waiting and powering on and off as well as different BIOS files named as BIOS WPH or BIOS WPH etc but all with no success It seems that the first USB was not working as if I go into the BIOS recovery mode with no USBs it will just sit there indefinitely just like it does when the first USB is plugged in It is only with the second USB it turns off after about minutes ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dell have replied and said quot Your motherboard is broken pay us and we ll put a new one in the laptop quot Obviously I do not want to pay this sort of money and I was hoping someone else might have some knowledge about this - it seems so close to working nbsp

A:Dell Studio XPS 1645 BIOS problem

95% of the time when the BIOS flash does not 'flash' your motherboard is fried. Sorry, but Dell is probably correct about this problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19340695
Relevancy 61.49%

i have dell studio 1558 its about 4 month.About few week ago the lower part of screen start showing some red lines now the red line become a thick black line.guys please tell me how to correct this problem??

A:Dell Studio 1558 screen problem

Have you tried plugging your laptop to an external monitor to see if it does the same thing if it does it could
Mean you have trouble with your graphics chip so please check this out first then we can go from here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1558-screen-problem.158311/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I own a Dell Studio laptop I ve been having some issues with the computer lately that I ve actually had with a previous Acer laptop Both problems initially involved moving the computer With the Acer the computer just shut down when I would pick it up to move it My Problem Laptop Dell Studio Screen 7 problem now started with the screen going black when I moved the computer The light indicating that the Dell Studio 7 Laptop Screen Problem computer is on is still lit and it seems that the computer itself is actually running and the lcd is on but the screen is dark and doesn t respond to the mouse or keyboard movement I have to do a hard shut down and reboot At times the computer will run fine for a fairly long period of time before this occurs again Other times I can t even get through the splash screen before the screen goes black And on other occasions the computer will boot up and seem to be running fine and the screen will freeze completely but not go black Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Will nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-7-laptop-screen-problem.843198/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop, and for some reason the left volume is roughly 50% louder than the right.. so i have to adjust balance to get them to sound even, but doing that the total volume goes down and i want it on full volume! anyone know a fix for this? after googling i see there seems to be quite a few people with this problem who have a dell laptop...
also "I think" the problem is only there when the headphones are plugged in, not through the laptop speakers...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1555-volume-problem.162219/
Relevancy 61.06%

Dear Community I ve bought a Dell laptop back in when i was in USA Laptop parametars were the following Dell Studio with i Q Ghz CPU nbsp AMD Mobility Radeon HD Series nbsp ST AS GB HDD on AdvSMART x GB RAM DDR nbsp and etc Two times per year usually every six months i m cleaning the dust from the laptop motherboard fan etc so far i haven t been changed the nbsp thermal compound and pad However i did that successfully yesterday this is not the first time that i m changing the Issue Studio Temperature 1458 (problem) with Dell compund and pads on different laptops but sadly the problem still remains Back in my charger get fired and i ve to purchase a new one then i ve decided to get one from China looks the same as previous and the current and voltages are equial nbsp and the laptop works perfectly fine until months when i ve upgraded my OS from windows to windows Then the troubles get started - my CPU temperature is always around degree Celsious and when i start some heave softwares it get s up to degree when the laptop turned off due to high temperature picks When the problem stars - months ago i ve decided to clean the laptop but sadly there isn t too much dust on the fan and monther board as well Then yesterday i ve decided to change the nbsp thermal compound and pad after the change the issue still remains and the only difference is that my normal temperature drops from to degrees but then i start those heavy apps then in a mature of - mins the temperature get s into degree and laptop switch Temperature Issue (problem) with Dell Studio 1458 off automatically From my perspective i ve an issue with currency or os windows or maybe the fan However the fan is running perfectly fine when the temperature starts growing also the fans speed starts growing as well nbsp Does any of you have similar issue or have an idea how to improve the temperature sittuation Sorry for the long post but i want to be as more as precisely and detailed as i can nbsp P S let me know if you need more details nbsp Thanks in advance for your help Kind regards and greetings from Bulgaria Zahari

A:Temperature Issue (problem) with Dell Studio 1458

Hi Zahari,
Is the OS installed on your system Win 10? 
Your machine is not compatible to work with Win 10 - see this link - http://dell.to/1VM5Sft
Did you happen to face any other issues with Win 10 on the system? What are the "heavy apps" that you are referring to? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? 
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1ra7TVD
Reinstall the video drivers from the same site above or from the vendor site - http://bit.ly/1RXcKFr
If the issue persists, then restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - leave the system for as long as possible in the BIOS environment with the adapter connected and check if the system turns off at any point.
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.
Also, run a stress test on the system - http://dell.to/21y9GPi
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682961
Relevancy 61.06%

firstly i m sorry if this topic is already being ask but i problem to having studio [HELP]Dell to 1555 connect the internet just can t find it anywhere i m using ADSL modem DB My problem is my laptop can connect to the internet but only for a minutes then my [HELP]Dell studio 1555 having problem to connect to the internet sister s laptop internet connection will also lost and can t connect again to the internet line if my laptop internet line is off my sister s can access the internet as long as she want but if my laptop internet connection is on i [HELP]Dell studio 1555 having problem to connect to the internet can get the connection for about - minutes then my sis laptop will also lost the [HELP]Dell studio 1555 having problem to connect to the internet connection i need to restart the modem to get back the connection for my sister laptop i dont think that the modem is a problem because if i turn off my laptop internet connection my sister can use the internet line by using her laptop so this problem have given me a headache i really need help i m using Dell Studio nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Ihave a dell laptop computer studio 1749 it is about 5 years old the battery is getting very hot is there anyway I can run this laptop from the electric plug and bypassing the battery as I am retired and money short I really do not want to have to pay out big money for a new battery dell said they are arround $ 200.00 I had the motherboard replaced about 2 years ago everything else seems to be in good working order I am running windows 7 64 bit . or should I ditch this computer and see if I can get a new cheap laptop any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
present battery is dell M905pose Lion lithiumion serial # 7777.

A:battery problem with dell studio 1749 laptop

You should be able to take the battery out and run it directly from the power cord.

See this to help - ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...o_laptop/studio-1749_Service Manual_en-us.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-problem-with-dell-studio-1749-laptop.1128960/
Relevancy 61.06%

Using XP Pro when the computer boots up the Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio Dell Edition automatically starts to try installing. Then I get "the app. you are trying to install is in a CD rom that is not available, please insert disc and press ok" I don't have the disc as computer was pre-installed. I can't uninstall as it tells me Error 1316. 'A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\PSPA5.MSI

Then I get another box with 'fatal error during installation' Please advise?

A:jasc paintshop pro studio dell edition problem

If you want to get rid of it entirely and you cant uninstall it from the add/remove try a program called revo uninstaller.Hopefully that should remove it for good.Im wondering how old your computer is as i havent seen that program in a dell computer for years now.I had that in an old dell dimension 4600 that we bought brand new in 2002.If im not mistaken Corel took over Jasc a long while back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jasc-paintshop-pro-studio-dell-edition-problem.1021797/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everybody; I have dell studio 1555 in my use since last light I accidentally borken its power button cover on right hinge and its inner slodering of three wires with button pcb are broken... as it is micro soldering, I am not been able to solder it and even worsen the case I lost one soldering tip of pcb while removing upper glue. I have important files in my laptop to work on. Kindly help me in which direction I can proceed to fix this problem?

A:Dell studio 1555 power button broken problem

Hi YASIR MAHMOOD,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id along with the picture of power button.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683025
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Team This is my first message here that i am having problem I want to dell laptop1555 not studio opening problem options boot open the boot options in my dell laptop but when problem dell studio laptop1555 not opening boot options dell logo appears i press f as it is written there problem dell studio laptop1555 not opening boot options then nothing happens i want to change the boot settings I also tried problem dell studio laptop1555 not opening boot options delete button but nothing happens and even setup which opens by pressing f also not working please help guys As per Windows upgrade assistant guide i have lastly insert DVD of Upgrade assistant to upgrade drivers and other things but when i click on next then it freezes and giving Microsoft NET Frame Unhandled Exception What is this problem I want to upgrade my drivers from CD but it is giving error So please help me out guys This problem is related to point that as i wrote that i am unable to upgrade drivers so i tried to find out drivers for Windows bit on Dell site But when i saw Dell site have drivers for only Windows bit So now what can i do I can't install drivers and because of driver problems laptop is not working properly and i can't download drivers for Studio for windows bit from site because it is not available So please do needfull Waiting for reply Thanks Ankur Gandhi

A:problem dell studio laptop1555 not opening boot options

1) Try tapping the esc, f1 and f2 key repeatedly.

3) Which drivers are missing? Normally Windows 7 installer provides almost all of the drivers except for very exotic hardware. If you have hardware in the Device Manager missing drivers, then Google the precise name of the hardware for drivers.

Call Dell and ask about the missing driver page and #1 and #2. If your computer is out of warranty, they may at least provide quick answers either by phone support or chat.

There are also some Dell experts around here so hopefully they will see this if you keep it bumped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/42529-problem-dell-studio-laptop1555-not-opening-boot-options.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I just upgraded an older Dell Studio to bit Was running bit OK Did clean install of OS Now the device Studio Dell 8.1 system 64 Base problem bit 1537 display seems to be stuck at a lower resolution and can not be changed its greyed out It says x but it doesn't look the same Device manager shows one item not loaded due to missing driver base system device PCI bus device function NTPNP PC In system information it says PCI ven amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV amp FC C amp amp BF Microsoft basic display adapter I have tried loading several different video drivers but to no effect I am not even certain of the exact video chipset I believe it is ATI ATOMBIOS and or A series APU Base system device problem Dell Studio 1537 8.1 64 bit It looks like it could be a MHD or but I'm not sure how to be tell I also upgraded to the latest bios A I am Base system device problem Dell Studio 1537 8.1 64 bit not sure that the problem device in the device manager is the same as the video problem I read somewhere that the device manager problem could be related to the Ricoh card reader Any help would be greatly appreciated display really looks crappy low res Thanks Bryan

A:Base system device problem Dell Studio 1537 8.1 64 bit

dell lists 4 different vista x64 video drivers
Product Support | Dell US

I usually download and then extract ( just Cancel Install) or use WinRAR to extract the exe contents..

Then go into device manager and point to the extracted driver folder(s)

Windows will search for usable drivers - then if needed windows update will update those drivers

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63357-base-system-device-problem-dell-studio-1537-8-1-64-bit.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I seem to have an intermittent issue when playing videos on youtube or even with the occasional file I've downloaded. The video will distort to a point where it's unwatchable (see attached image) then I will sometimes get a message saying ' Display driver stopped working and has recovered".

As far as I know, I have the latest drivers for my graphics card.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Video Playback Problem - Dell Studio 1558 Laptop

Nothing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-playback-problem-dell-studio-1558-laptop.974490/
Relevancy 56.33%

whenever i switch on my dell studio 1737 laptop it wont go past the dell logo stage.
any help out there on how to fix the problem?
at the moment i am running a diagnostics test and seems like most devices are passing the test.
Michael

A:dell studio 1737 laptop wont boot past dell logo

It could be any number of things but my first 2 guesses are possibly the hard drive or motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere so that you will get a correct diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-laptop-wont-boot-past-dell-logo.1107624/
Relevancy 55.9%

If you are also running an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor and Intel G45/G43 Chipset I sure could use a copy of your driver for the SM Bus Controller.

Thanks

A:Anybody running 64-bit dell studio 540 with dell motherboard 0m017g a00 ?

Thanks Sticky for posting the latest Intel update.
This solved my problem. Also had to update and install latest Java before any of this worked.
Side note: Intel installed 16 driver updates. Doing a complete software re-install is not that much fun.

Nogee

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300815-anybody-running-64-bit-dell-studio-540-dell-motherboard-0m017g-a00.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My problem is that I am trying to restore a friend's Dell Studio laptop back to its factory settings I follow Dell 1555 Studio to option Image Dell Factory settings,no factory the procedure mentioned on Dell's website however there is no Dell Factory Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option Image Restore option I Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option have checked the laptop's Disk Management and there is a Recovery partition in fact there are partitions A MB OEM partition with no letter assigned C Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Recovery Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy System Active Primary Partition GB In short when the computer starts I hit F I enter the Advanced Boot Options and select Repair Your Computer I then select the language and login with the administrative account however there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option there My options are shown the image below Another issue that concerns me is that on the picture above it says Windows on D Local Disk however there is no such partition on the laptop's disk I would be thankful if anyone could give some advise on how to restore the laptop to its factory settings using the recovery partition Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option

On a Dell, if some other OS was installed, the Dell "PC Restore" (Recovery Partition) is no longer valid (corrupted) and the only way to reinstall is with a Windows OS installation disc and then download whatever device drivers you need from the Dell downloads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317093-dell-studio-1555-factory-settings-no-dell-factory-image-option.html
Relevancy 51.17%

when i turn my computer on. it goes to a black screen that says "windows error recovery"
"launch start up repair" which is highlighted. it counts down and then automaticly
starts.

then the message is "windows cannot repair this automaticly"
then i am given the option to send info to microsoft
it doesn't seem to matter if i send or not. the start up repair menu remains
asking "if you have reciently attached an exterrnal device, mp3, camera ect.. contact admin if you keep seeing this message."
"click finish to shut down your comp."
2 options are at bottom of menu top one says "view diognostic details
the bottom one says "view advanced options for recovery and support"
clicking on either seems to just result in a frozen screen and the compter never boots up.

A:my dell studio

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398566/my-dell-studio/
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer over heats (frequently shuts itself down telling me it detected it was over heating and it always feels HOT when you type) and it crashes (I return to my computer after a break to find it telling me it is recovering data after a crash) on a regular basis, won't run the Firefox browser properly, often runs slow

Can it be fixed or should I dump it and get a new laptop?,

No geek here

BoomerMary

Relevancy 51.17%

My sell studio one 1909 when I plug it in only the eject DVDs lights up for about 5 seconds and then it will not turn on... Thanks

A:Dell studio 1

Do you hear any beeps coming from it at all? If so, can you describe them, e.g. one short, two short, one short and three long, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1.1161336/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys Just wondered if anyone can give me a heads up on sound cards for the Dell Basically my computer is struggling atm running FL Studio so i was debating getting another here s a listing i found on eBay which seems to meet all the spec item number The main thing i need to know is about the sound card On FL Studio requirements it states - Sound card with directsound drivers compatible with ASIO ASIO for recording Here s a link of what i need if any body fancys looking https support image-line com knowledgebase base php ans I have seen i think sound cards HELP! FL Studio 12 Dell - 760 for the DELL but want to be sure Dell 760 - FL Studio 12 HELP! that they will fit if i do require to add an additional to the basic one installed So the route of my question is will this be ok to run the software on its installed sound card and if i do require a additional sound card for output for example the sound Blaster Z would this fit or be adpatable Would be great if you could help me THANKYOU nbsp

A:Dell 760 - FL Studio 12 HELP!

Additional.

At the moment i will not be using this to plug in mic's or instruments, only for basic EDM production and output speakers...
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-760-fl-studio-12-help.1164928/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need a new PSU for my desktop since the one that i currently have is only 350 watts and it makes really annoying fan noise.
You think this is a good deal and will it fit my computer?
500W Power Supply fo Dell Studio XPS 8000/8100 K159T PC | eBay
If you guys have any other suggestions feel free.
And sorry if this isn't in the right topic.
Thanks

A:Will this PSU fit my Dell Studio XPS 8100?

It may "fit", but that doesn't mean anything.

At one time, most Dells used a proprietary wiring setup on their power supplies. For those PCs, you could NOT simply change to an industry-standard ATX power supply.

Dell has largely moved away from that practice, but a Google search implies that some Dells (possibly including the XPS 8100) still use proprietary wiring on PSUs. I couldn't quickly find definitive information.

So you may still need a "special" PSU for that PC and that may be what the Ebay dealer is selling.

But even then I wouldn't buy the PSU you linked. It's a no-name brand and you have no way of evaluating it nor do you know anything about its noise level (which I guess is one of your complaints).

I would:

1: Google to try to find definitive info on whether or not you need a "special" PSU for your PC.
2: If you do, I would then buy a standard ATX PSU along with a connection adapter designed to allow use of a standard ATX PSU in this particular Dell. The adapters are widely available for about $15. Endpcnoise.com is one source for the adapter--among others.

I'd get a Seasonic or Corsair PSU that are known to have low noise levels. You may have to spend a bit more money.

On the other hand, you may find that your PC can use a standard PSU---in which case you would not need the adapter.

At any rate, I would not buy that Ebay PSU regardless. Go somewhere like Newegg as a source.

I'd also measure the existing PSU and make sure there are no space/clearance issues should you go with a standard PSU. For all I know, the Dell cases are very cramped or they may have even used a non-standard size as well as non-standard wiring.

You might contact forum member "Fireberd" about this. He has a lot of Dell experience and provides support on Dell forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187548-will-psu-fit-my-dell-studio-xps-8100-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Is there anyway to speed up the fan on this system? I've only had it for a couple of months, but I've been using it a lot, and have noticed it getting warmer.

Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello SF!

Yesterday, i installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my sister's Dell Studio 1735, but there aren't W7 drivers for this model (Only Vista 32/64) and there are 2 devices i cant install cause WU can't find their drivers (Unknown Devices), i DO have the Recovery and OEM Partitions, to revert it to Win Vista, thing is i don't want to.. Win Vista STINKS!

So, there's any chance for me to actually install those 2 drivers? or should i revert it to Win Vista??

Thanks in advanced!

A:Dell Studio 1735

What devices are they? Look on the manufacturer's site for drivers. If you can't find any for 7, download the Vista ones. If they won't install, run them in compatibility mode for Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/81088-dell-studio-1735-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

typed on my iPad Pc shut down last night as usual This morning 540 Dead Studio Dell completely dead no beeps nothing except for one power light on back Everything else Wacom monitor amp pad regular monitor etc have power I checked all Dead Dell Studio 540 cables replugged opened the tower reseated stuff blew out dust nothing The only problem I ve been having that might be related is on sites with heavy graphics like Pinterest it slows or freezes though i had the thing Dead Dell Studio 540 custom configured for graphic artist programs like Painter amp Photoshop and begins making a loud humming sound It shows that Firefox is using millions of CPUs maybe not the right term So I ll close the browser and start over Humming goes away So any ideas on where to start reviving the dead giant It s or years old and I ve been wishing I could switch to a Mac but not like this I have a gazillion files on it that I NEED nbsp

A:Dead Dell Studio 540

It is overeating. The humming is probably a fan that has stuck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-dell-studio-540.1068542/
Relevancy 50.74%

Apparently Dell XPS have more than lives because I have gone through a complete replacement system hard drives motherboards a fan or two etc etc So the story is I bought an XPS in summer of went through about or hard drives and a motherboard and other replacements I simply can t remember because I ve gone through so many service requests Eventually pops did some serious quot complaining quot and got Dell to replace it with a brand new XPS Since then I ve gone through two motherboards a fan and around - hard drives Luckily I got a year Dell 1645 Studio HELP!!! XPS parts warranty so I m just losing my time and personal files Other than that Dell can fork out the money as much as they want I consider myself a decent computer user I can build a desktop from scratch I know all the parts etc but obviously I don t know enough to know what s going on here I most recently had a motherboard and fan replacement I don t visit dangerous sites I use a pad with a cooling fan have anti-virus malware and spyware protection programs Basically I don t know what more to do After getting the computer back the fan is running constantly and that is always a bad sign to me I can literally tell when its gunna go because response time slows down and everything in the computer slows down Thus I m feelin another hard drive crash again here soon So do I just have the midas touch-of-death with computers or is there something I can do Sorry for the novel but I felt it was necessary to show my disgust with dell and my dire need for answers Dell Studio XPS Windows Ultimate Intel Core i Ghz st gen x Toshiba Gb SATA ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics card nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435 running Windows 7.  It has several USB 2.0 ports.  Is there any way to set this up so that I can operate at least one USB 3.0 ports?  (If I need to add a card, please let me know).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19911697
Relevancy 50.74%

please tell me the best calibration for my dell studio xps 16 using ati's ccc advanced mode
(Colors are oversaturated on my Windows 7 Dell laptop XPS Studio 1640 - Microsoft Answers) (the 5th post from the last)
i am a photographer and would like to get a good calibraion for my screen without using any hardware calibrators.

A:need help with calibrating dell studio xps

Hello ambroochizafer,
I am having a hard time finding any hardware specifications for that computer, The manufacture site does not show it in their products list.
Can you get your hardware specifications for me please and post them for us to have a look at ?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/293039-need-help-calibrating-dell-studio-xps.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Just after the October 22 release date, Dell posted some new graphics and other drivers for Windows 7. How can I tell whether they are needed, or should I assume that Windows Update takes care of making sure the latest drives are installed?

A:Drivers for Dell Studio

I like to work under the thinkg that if it isn't broken don't fix it. But if Dell has released specific 7 drivers for your system.You can check what driver is installed simply by going to device manager and clicking on that device and checking the driver detail tab. If your unhappy with the graphics prefromance now then I would probably install their new driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35686-drivers-dell-studio.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I am using Dell studio 15 and windows 7 operating system. I want to use the 30days train version software more than 30days. My question is

1. Is it possible to use 30days trail version into more than 30days?
2. How can we achieve this
3. How to set the system date to use 30days trail version morethan 30days?
4. If we I put Virtual machine(ex. Windows -2003) and if i use this 30days will trail version will expire in 30 days.

Please help me

A:Dell Studio-15 Windows 7

Windows 7 Enterprise | 90-day Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-15-windows-7-a-591659.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Studio 1735, which was sold with an optional Blu-Ray that I did NOT buy. I am now wanting to buy one but Dell says they do not have anything for my Laptop.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Studio 1735 it has a Slim Slot Loaded Drive Sata Optical Drive.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Dell Studio 1735
Windows 7 64-bit
Core 2 Duo 2.63GHz
6GB DDR2 RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-notebook-blu-ray.871155/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a dell studio that has a lot of junk from downloading so many different things and I want to restore it to factory settings where there is nothing at all on here and i can download what i need. please help me i just want it like brand new?????

Relevancy 50.74%

Studio worked fine until in the cold in for for a few hours, below zero cold. Now no battery power at all. Even when plugged in, when I hit eh power button, the light sequence on the keyboard lights, but after a few seconds only the volume button remails lit. Then, after 20-30 seconds, even that light goes out and the sound stops. The screen is dead black the whole time.

Help. Thanks.

JRR

A:Dead new Dell Studio

If the battery after being left at room temperature for a few hours still doesn't power the laptop, I would go looking for my warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-new-dell-studio.806340/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Dell Studio 1537 Just stopped booting to OS. I turn it on it goes to the dell logo then to choose an option Eg. Test Memory Test System Exit. I can't even get into safe mode. I went to test system and it goes to main menu Service tag 5SLGZIS With tags Express Test Extended Test Custom Test Symptom Tree. I went to system tree and selected Cannot boot OS and pressed run tests it comes up with error code 0F00.075D Msg_0-self-test Read error. I can't believe this has happened because my 2 TB hard Ext hard drive just crashed now my laptop has done the same can someone please help me.

A:Dell Studio won't boot to os

It sounds like the hard drive has failed. Doing a Google search for the error code all say the hard drive has died.

BTW, you should edit your post and remove the service tag number. Dell considers this personal data (and is forbidden on the Dell users forum).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310065-dell-studio-wont-boot-os.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone Dell is having Dell 16 XPS Studio on Views a pretty nice sale on this laptop for the next hours off I have been looking at buying a new laptop for some time and am looking pretty heavily at this one The reviews I have read are really good Excellent performance durability not too loud etc The biggest complaints I have read are the size weight and heat I dont plan on traveling the world mostly just something for my wife for use at home and the occasional road trip I d imagine a little bulk isnt bad with all the hardware in it Is the heat a problem I could see this being used in the car but mostly at home maybe a pillow between the lap and the computer Also Views on Dell Studio XPS 16 the screen come with options the default is FHD Widescreen inch WLED LCD x The other option is FullHD Widescreen inch RGBLED LCD x This upgrade is also on sale instead of Views on Dell Studio XPS 16 but is it really worth it My knowledge on LCD s is really lacking The use of the computer will be for internet and movies and some games WoW Modern Warfare spore Sims I m aiming for a little overkill on performance so that I wont have to worry about upgrades or replacement for a while Window Home premium bit Intel Core duo P GB ddr Radeon HD - GB GB rpm SATA Input comments suggestions all are welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Views on Dell Studio XPS 16

Hi mate,

The heat on a laptop is important but it depends for what purposes. As for you for little gaming, movies and internet in other words home use the heat won't be a big problem as the laptop will not on continuous running for long hours thus heat won't be a great problem.

Now for the Screen both are good and will satisfied you now choose the better price for you as both have good resolution and both are LED LCD meaning less power/battery consumption and less heat due LED LCD are not too much hungry as normal LCD screens.

Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/views-on-dell-studio-xps-16.141262/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok guys this is the problem. I dropped my computer and cracked the screen. Its not covered in the warrenty and i have to have it fixed. I was wondering if i could send my computer into dell and have them check to see whats wrong with it and send me the bill? Also i would like to have the touch screen put on it and instead of Vista have Windows 7. If there is a better approach to doing this please inform me. If you have any questions about my operating systems or anything like that ask away.

Thanks for all your help.
Krik

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-dell-studio-1737-a-480668.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello First time poster I come with a problem that has been posted before but since he didn t had an answer nor answered himself with his solution I ask again I studio 15 Dell overheating have a dell studio that s years and a half old It have always had overheating issues but with some clenaing with compressed air it wasn t a big trouble Now I formated and reinstaled windows a month ago A week ago my windows partition decided to stop working so i had to backup with linux format and reinstall Since then the pc has been kind of unstable over heating Dell studio 15 overheating and shuting down randomly and not booting windows for a while after that First I tried installing all the drivers includion bios updates Since that didin t do much I thought that doing some clean up will resolve the problem so i opened up using dell s support manual and disasemble the cooler to blow over there When opened I notice something strange Ive uploaded some pictures of it Some of the I think it is thermal paste has melted leaving the two parts to be in direct contact Since i don t know much about hardware I just looked and took photos blow and cleaned everything and closed up I ve downloaded RealTemp and I m having - while idle and - while gaming and random shutting ups even with and Dell studio 15 overheating open window near the laptop I m in winter here Well what i really wanted to know was if that in the picture is normal and if is not if that can be the cause of everything overheating and if it can be replaced for some new thermal paste I have the proffesional tech guy as a last option because i don t know anyone trust worthy and a random one will only do what I did and return the pc still malfunctioning to me Thanks a lot EDIT Specs Laptop Dell studio Intel core duo ghz gb RAM DDR Windows bits nbsp

A:Dell studio 15 overheating

In a perfect world, the parts would be perfectly flat, be placed in direct contact with each other, and no thermal paste would be used. As that is not the case, the thermal paste is used to fill the inconsistencies and aid in cooling. In other words, what you see is normal.

You can completely remove the paste from both pieces, reinstall more thermal paste (only a small amount is needed), and put them back together.

Having said all of that, as that model has always had overheating issues, there isn't likely much that can be done. Always use the laptop on a hard surface (ie: desk or table top), and you could use a cooling pad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-15-overheating.1012962/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

My laptop recently died with a CD stuck inside that id quite like back. Unfortunately its a slot load drive and hasnt got a small hole to manually eject the CD. Any ideas on how i might get the CD back or is it lost forever?

Thanks

A:CD Stuck in Dell Studio XPS 16

See this, read some of the reader comments also

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how_to/4212374.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-stuck-in-dell-studio-xps-16.911445/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, Can anyone help with this please. I recently bought a studio 1735 laptop, It has soft touch media keys that light when you push them, problem is, I cant see them. They are in a black panel and are hard to see in daylight, no chance at night. Is there any way to switch the lights on all the time.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell studio lights help

Please freely "chat" with Dell here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
I really don't know this one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-lights-help.116581/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm going to get a dell studio 15 laptop, but from all I've read, still not 100% confident of availability of windows xp drivers for this laptop? I want to dual boot just incase Im doing anything hefty on mem (or just don't like vista.) Also, does anyone know if the ati mobility hd3450 is xp compatible?

Cheers

A:Dell Studio XP Drivers?

A lot of prebuilt resellers are doing the whole "we're not offering Windows whatever drivers" hogwash on their websites, even if the hardware itself is compatible. I've found this with my laptop (Asus F3 series) and with my gaming rig (Asus M2N SLI Deluxe).

Usually, however, if you find the manufacturer of the hardware component itself, you can find some generic drivers or manufacturers drivers that will function.

Considering that Dell has a "switch to XP for $50" option on a lot of their desktops, I imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble.

As for your video card, there are a few sites that specialize in making generic drivers for mobile chipsets. The problem with mobile chipsets is that often a vendor will to lock you into using only their drivers, rather than the OEM drivers from ATI/AMD or Nvidia. That's why those third party sites exist.

I'd worry about the other components of your laptop more than the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xp-drivers.109784/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good Day Folks Long time lurker first time poster This is a great forum and the advice is greatly appreciated I have a Dell Studio laptop I ve had it for a little over year now and I mainly use it for web browsing work and email Recently I noticed that my fan was running a little faster than normal I didn t think about it too much Even more recently I have been playing Dragon Age Origins on my computer and have noticed it getting quite hot to the touch on the keypad At one point it shut itself off At this point I downloaded RealTemp and discovered that my computer was running at about C while idol Not good I researched quite a bit and decided to open up the back panel and use compressed air to clean out the fan I also opened the heatsink and cleaned it out I then noticed the rubber-like compound under the sink had somewhat melted so I bought some new thermal paste and applied it back to the sink Although my temperature dropped I m still running at about C My fan works very well it runs 15 Overheating Studio Dell fairly high at all times and screams at others so I don t think that s the issue All heatsink points are covered with the stock padding or the thermal grease I also downloaded Everest and it gave me similar temperature readings Does anyone know why this has started to happen Specs Window Vista Home Premium Build Dell Studio Bios Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Core Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB Dell Studio 15 Overheating RAM Display ATI Mobility Radeon HD Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x C DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Studio 15 Overheating

What kind of thermal paste did you use?

Did you clean both surfaces with Isopropyl alcohol before using paste and reassembly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-15-overheating.878740/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok basically My issue is replacing the Screen because it no longer works

iv done the whole plugging in another monitor yoke and no dice and i sent it to see what the techs thought and they say i need a new screen ..but it costs TOO much to get it done by them so i thought since iv taken apart and reassambled many Desktops i should give a laptop a shot

my question is .. is this the link to replace the Screen because if it aint i cant seem to find a guide besides on youtube

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/sxl13/en/sm/display.htm#wp1217088