Windows Support Forum

problem with wmp music library

Q: problem with wmp music library

hello i have some short of a strange problem here. my wmp's library started o act strange many songs artists and album names suddenly were renamed after one artist well it's not a big thing tho it's anoying and confuses me. so i dont wrealy know if this is fault of wmp ore something else but i only use a media player for my music and movies. i checked for viruses ore mallware nothing was found. maybe anyone could help me with this issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/214625-problem-wmp-music-library.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: problem with wmp music library

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.37%

OK I think I have a new problem.
I couldn’t add new music to my library and tried the direction on this site to move/delete WMP database files.
This works fine and I could then add more music …
problem solved but only temporariliy.
Once MP11 rebuilt my library, the problem returned.
So every time I want to add new music, I have to dump the old library database files and rebuild.
This is a problem as it takes three days to rebuild as I have a large music libary.
Any Ideas? Could it be because my library is too big?
Any advice is appreciated.

A:WMP11 - Music Library Problem

WMP is an OK media player, but the music database just doesn't work that well.

For a large music collection you should try MediaMonkey, a freeware all-in-one music organizer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-music-library-problem.887992/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have all of my players set to stream media over the internet and locally When I first start up WMP and click on my office computer's library all of my music shows up I have around problem Music Strange with Library shared gigs of music I can play one song fine However when I click the Artist's tab again to get back Strange problem with shared Music Library to my music everything has changed to quot unknown artist quot and I cannot access my music If I refresh the library the only music that shows up are my artists that start with a or the letter a I have this same problem on my two computers that are locally shared on my network as well as my laptop which is sharing remotely Has anyone ever experienced this problem before If so is there a work around The reason I am using the shared library under other libraries instead of using each players internal library of the shared music library is because my Office computer where all of my music is stored has been edited to reflect all of the correct information artist album song genre etc I would rather not spend hours on each computers WMP editing all of this information to match my office computer's WMP I have also tried metadatabackup to try and make each player's data the same but it doesn't work on shared network players unfortunately Thanks Dan

A:Strange problem with shared Music Library

check this THREAD

feel free to ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88237-strange-problem-shared-music-library.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I recently migrated to Windows My music collection stumbled along the way and I had to re-fetch artwork for a few albums in WMP I also Xbox album No art library or in music Music! set it up in iTunes My default app for MP s is WMP As you can see below artwork only appears when in the folder view which somewhat defeats the purpose of libraries in the first place I'd prefer to No album art in music library or Xbox Music! sort them by artist with album art displayed without a folder as it should and as it did in Windows Art appears in folder view but not artist or album view On a related note I recently added many new MP s to my collection When I opened Xbox Music for the first time afterwards it seemed to be downloading art to add it to my older albums all of which have art Then the process was somehow interrupted I believe I closed the app Then when I opened it again none of them had art I would very much appreciate your help

A:No album art in music library or Xbox Music!

Help please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25914-no-album-art-music-library-xbox-music.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Just a general question, In music library upper right corner it says folder with a drop down arrow and under the drop down are choices of album,artist,song,genre,rating when clicking on one of those nothing happends. Also when sharing my music alot of my songs are locked. I've tried select all/ share and tried doing them individually, neither work. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-library.914463/
Relevancy 56.76%

I in error set Iturnes as my default and it removed my husbands Music Library in Windows media player and now I cant find all of his music files that he downloaded.   How do I recover this library?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Recovery-of-music-library/td-p/5795292
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently imported almost 3000 mp3 files into WMP and created a playlist with almost 500 songs. This took several hours to do. Now when I open WMP, it's empty! No playlist, no audio files anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?

A:WMP lost my music library!

Did you save the playlist. Logical thing to do if your making a large list. This happened to me a few times with Winzip with a Playlist of about 400 Songs. Luckily i saved my playlist after i add about 10 new songs to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-lost-my-music-library.78907/
Relevancy 56.76%

Music library and mp player Hi I know that If you rip an original CD track to MP kbps and then for whatever reason decide to compress that MP even further - say to that would result in some loss of quality But Building a music library I am ripping everything on and downloading on too But then with my future mp player having music on format that doesn t allow to store a lot in the player So thought I could compress a bit more and the quality yes the quality will be lower but then you want good quality you don t use a mp player but a normal stereo Am I right or wrong But then the And Music Player Library Mp3 days of cd are counted so we still need to put music on digital format for the future so what quality audio to use Stay with mp Or go with some other format Music Library And Mp3 Player like apple or wma from window media player Or some new recent one but may be not compatible with my new mp player and meaning I have to re-rip all my audio again Then technology will be there and there will be no need of compression And then the web will be access from everywhere and we wont Music Library And Mp3 Player have our own computer but subscribing monthly to some web site to use and listen the music and for every thing else So I am getting so confused and lost my question is what you do today and what do you recommend And about the future how are you going to keep up thanks

A:Music Library And Mp3 Player

Here are my thoughts about this:No#1. Let today be today. If your music is .mp3, then keep it that way. Don't get tricked into the hype of what tomorrow may be like. You may not see tomorrow. Just keep doing as you're doing, and forget about the Jones'No#2. No one knows what tomorrow may bring, and since music isn't important as to being prepared for tomorrow, I wouldn't even think about it. If you need more room to store your files, then invest into another hard drive, and dedicate it to just your music.Your bitrate quality will really get disturbed if you went to a very low bitate, compared to it's original format/bitrate. And again, if your music sounds good to you, and you like it, leave it be. Don't go making projects out of things you really don't want to be wasting your time on. And yes, I know, the higher the bitrate, the larger the file size. It's your move now... so what are you going to do? I say just get more hard drive/storage space, and you'll nip it in the bud..wma formats, I always convert them to .mp3.Windows Media Player? If you're gonna use it (I see no reason why you would), just be aware that by default it is set to protect your music you rip using it. What that means is that your music is protected and it's virtually held hostage on your computer. Burning it from there won't work either. So, if you're going to use WMP, make sure you uncheck the Protect My Files checkbox. Even still, I'll never trust WMP with my music.Also, there is no reason to try to keep up with the ever growing of music softwares, just to listen to your music. If you use a program that plays your music, and it plays very well, then leave well enough alone. Alot of programs are designed to trick you, (like Windows Media Player), and they will DRM protect your music, and block you from transferring your music from your computer to disc, or where ever else you may want to put your music. Soon, you'll be posting here stating, your music all of a sudden doesn't play, you can't burn anything, your burner doesn't work, the programs you've used before all of a sudden don't work, you can play one file type, and not the other..... and the list goes on and on.Take this advice from someone that knows these computers and will inform you of what you should know about them. Trying to keep up with the Jones' and using the wrong softwares at the same time will get your computer slammed with problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80355/music-library-and-mp3-player/
Relevancy 56.76%

So, my itunes library is almost perfected for my needs and includes all the music i want on my computer. however, when i go to my music folder from start, it's really disorganized and i can't stand it. i just want to know if there is a program or something that i can download that will organize my music, not just create another library and play it. the thing is, when i fixed my itunes library, i changed the artist, album, artwork etc. , but not on the original file. i want to keep all that junk too. basically, i just want it all organized. i'm really bad at describing my problem, sorry! anybody help! thanks!

A:Managing my music library, help!

Hey, if you bring up your iTunes and click on the advanced menu, then choose Consolidate Library, this will copy your files into your designated itunes folder under the directory artist/album. Also the files will be copied and not moved, so after you bring order to the chaos so to speak, you can delete your originals. And iTunes will recognise the change in directory so you wont have to re-add your library!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/managing-my-music-library-help.662815/
Relevancy 56.76%

hey,
recently installed itunes and it decided to convert most of my library to aac, whatever that is. The problem is my music folder has pretty much doubled in size and is taking up 7gb when it should be about 4. is there any way to find and remove the duplicate files?
cheers

A:Music Library Nightmares

sorry, meant with some kind of program as too lazy to do it all manually

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35751/music-library-nightmares/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have music tracks CDs stored on a Windows machine that I use as a the How app to to tell rescan library? MUSIC home server I have mapped the folder where these are all stored as Z drive on my Windows bit tablet I tried using WMP as my music How to tell MUSIC app to rescan the library? library player but after days of scanning the collection the computer crashed because WMP had filled the C drive with album-cover artwork and STILL wasn't done scanning everything I read that the Win MUSIC the app formerly known as Zune I guess app 'handles large collections' so I told it to look at my mapped dive Z for music but it's not looking not finding anything NOTHING is showing in the library Opening Z in Exlorer I can see all the subfolders and the music therein but the MUSIC app is not bothering to look I've read that using a network share to store tracks for MUSIC requires that the folder with the tracks be mapped as a drive and that it be included in the Windows Search indexing schema As far as I can tell only Windows PRO allows indexing of network files and I just have standard Anyway- is there some command to tell the MUSIC app to RESCAN it's music storage locations

A:How to tell MUSIC app to rescan the library?

First of all: Using WMP for music collections is a bad Idea. It's ui is rubbish. But what's more it also messes up the media folders. It creats thounsands of cryptically named copies of the albums art files, it stores them hidden and marks them as system files and in some cases it even converts a ordinary folder.jpg file into a hidden system file. Get some decent media player like Winamp, Media Monkey or even VLC player.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/56516-how-tell-music-app-rescan-library.html
Relevancy 56.76%

This is driving me insane I am running WMP on Windows XP Home with Gb of Add Library all Will to WMP11 Not Music memory and an immense amount of free space on my hard drive in case that matters Originally all my music was displayed in the library with all the album art etc However I had WMP11 Will Not Add all Music to Library to re-install Windows and ever since then I have never been able to get WMP to add all the music to the library that was after all there before It adds some folder but not others yet they had all been added before my re-install I have tried the uninstal of WMP Windows Media Format Runtime and Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack and deleted all Media Player Folders etc re-installed WMP and it STILL will not add the files as it did originally If I add the folders individually it will add the mp files to the library but I have hundreds of folders and adding them individually would take forever I have also followed all the suggestions for rebuilding the database again without success Does anyone know what I need to do to get WMP to once again add ALL my music to the library nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi right now I am currently on a laptop running Windows XP Professional. I have a computer running Windows XP Professional as well. What I would like to do is allow the laptop to access my music folder on the PC.
Is there any way to do this?
If you want you can IM me.

My aim is GiraffeGoWhack.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101454/network-a-music-library/
Relevancy 56.76%

So, I don't really understand Xbox Music. After a clean install of Windows 8, I opened Xbox Music, clicked on My Music. It showed 106 albums, none of which are mine as far as I can tell. Later I added my music drive to the Music library, but it still shows the same 106 albums. I have over 22,000 songs; none of them show up in Xbox Music. Very confusing.

A:Xbox Music Library

Well, after about a half an hour it decided to update. Still seems like a mess. I can't tell sometimes which are songs on the Xbox Music Store and which are on my own hard drive. Seems like everything is just mixed together without any reason.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14316-xbox-music-library.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I recently did a check for registry errors after upgrading my hard disk and reinstalling Windows 7 and all of my programs. It found over 1000 which are now fixed.

However since doing this I can no longer access my libraries.
I am faced with, in both my Computer and in the start menu where the libraries should be, the name of the library followed by '.library-ms' as well as the blank page icon when you hover over them (please see the attached file).

Some how this file extension has disassociated itself from whatever program it is supposed to open with.

Does anyone know:

a: What program it needs to be associated with,
b: If it is possible to fix and
c: How to fix it.

Any and all help will be appreciated; thank you in advance for your help.

Oli

A:Libraries do not work. I just see music.library-ms.

Anyone? I need help with this.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/73204-libraries-do-not-work-i-just-see-music-library-ms.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Im having a problem with Windows 7 RC1. I have all my music on an external drive that i keep plugged into my computer. i added the music folder on my external to the music library in windows 7. whenever i open windows media player it always has to reload my music, which takes a few minutes. Im wondering if there is a way to make it not have to reload the music and just remember where it is.

A:Windows 7 not saving my music library

**** it im using iTunes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-not-saving-my-music-library.824040/
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows 8 metro Music app just does not display my music.

As you can see, my music folder is included in the music library:
but yet the Music app only recognizes two songs out of 1000+ that I own
Windows media player, the desktop app, is working fine.
I've tried to restart the metro app several times, in vain.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25920-music-app-doesnt-display-my-library.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to use the Xbox music application on my PC to be ablet o get access to my music on my windows phone.

Windows is run off of my SSD (C:\) and my music library is on one of my other drives (E:\). I have added the folder that contains my music to the Xbox app, but it still tells me that "Its Lonely" and I should add some music. I have also changed the "Music" folder to default to my E: drive

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/37154-xbox-music-not-displaying-library.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hey guys, i have recently been given a laptop, i removed vista and did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate. since then i have made a 30gb partition on the hard drive and have installed windows 8 as a dual boot. i would like to be able to use my music library from the music app within windows 8, is there any way to link the music to the partition so windows 8 can read it from windows 7? (i wasnt sure if this should be eight forums or seven, I have an account here so i decided here.)

thanksw in advance

A:Music library partition links?

If you use Windows Media Player in Windows 7, you can tell it to look for music in a certain location.
Organize-Manage Libraries-Music-Add, and then select the location where your music is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265132-music-library-partition-links.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Not sure where this goes, but since I'm running a Windows XP machine...

I have "My Music" folders on three different machines. I want to merge them all as simply as possible into one single "My Music" folder. Most albums are in their own folders, but some are across multiple folders (thanks, iTunes).

I need something that'll take the contents of the three folders, merge them, and put all songs back into folders named for their albums (and under their artists' names).

Impossible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/massive-music-library-question.717868/
Relevancy 56.33%

Help anybody? My operating system is Windows 10 and I am using the latest iTunes version, 12.3.2; the problem I've encountered is that with some CDs, when I download them into iTunes and call up the downloaded file, only one or two of the tracks are shown in black whilst the rest are greyed out. This doesn't prevent the greyed out tracks being played in iTunes, but if I try and burn those tracks to make a compilation CD, they wont burn. There is no such problem with the tracks shown in black (on the same CD). I've tried re-downloading the CD, but it makes no difference. Any ideas how to resolve this problem gratefully received.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-music-in-itunes-library-to-cd.1166766/
Relevancy 56.33%

My sister just bought one of these (Eposn P-2000 picture viewer and MP3 player).
I have an iPod and when I want to add songs I just connect to my computer and it launches iTunes.
My sister seems to think she can just add MP3's one at a time. She hasn't set up a music library. I told her when you have 100's of song files it makes sense to put them in a library like Windows Media PLayer or iTunes. I don't think the P-2000 supports iTunes. Does anybody know what it does work with, or is it it's own system, and you have to just add songs one at a time.
Thank you,
Paul aka Maui Cat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-p-2000-which-music-library-to-use.466163/
Relevancy 56.33%

yea I am trying to make a list of my music library which is setup so that 1 folder=1 album so I am trying to take these 500 folders or whatever and somehow copy just the name of it to something like word, or excel or something...so I can make a list of them to send to other people, print or whatever...I tried to copy and paste them to word, excel, wordpad, notepad, and I just tried to click and drag them to those programs but no luck...and yes I realize I could type them all out but that's a little too much like work... here's an example of how I have this all set up http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=music2mm.jpg

A:Making a list of my music library help

From a command prompt go to the directory where all these folders exist.
Type: dir > list.txt
the list.txt file should have all the directory names for you. It'll also have couple of extra lines you might want to remove for current directory and parent directory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-a-list-of-my-music-library-help.33627/
Relevancy 56.33%

My brother just downloaded a bunch of mp3s into my Music folder in my new laptop. I recently bought a 5.5 gen Video iPod and decided to include all these new songs in it. By dragging and dropping them into the iTunes library, they all went in.

That´s what I thought! When I saw the Library list, it was much shorter! I tried to manually drag-and-drop specific mp3s that hadn´t been copied onto the Library list. The ¨plus sign¨ icon indicating a file is being included showed up, but the file is not in there.

I have checked the properties in these files and they are the same as others in the Library, why are they not going thru?

Thanks,

Ivo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-including-music-in-library.656311/
Relevancy 56.33%

just want to listen to my music library without any commercials or issues

A:i want to listen to my library of music unempeded

Hi, you haven't mentioned what phone you are using or the OS.
On my Lumia 930 running Win10 mobile, I use the 'Groove Music' app, then go to 'Songs' and 'Shuffle all'.
This then plays my music library (without commercials or issues).
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/groove-music/445589-i-want-listen-my-library-music-unempeded.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I'm hoping someone can help me out with this one Got a new PC and I'm having some trouble with iTunes finding my music library Both machines were are running Windows XP well the old machine was running home edition new one is running Pro not that it probably matters and the latest version of iTunes I followed the steps on the Apple website for transferring the music and library http support apple com kb HT viewlocale en US the only difference being I used a portable HDD rather than my iPod I've gone to library music iTunes new Transferring PC through this process before a couple of times when I've had Transferring iTunes music library to new PC to format my hard drive for whatever reason and I've never had an issue until now I copied the iTunes folder over the the My Music folder like normal so the library files should all be correct Install iTunes and sure enough my library shows up just like normal Only problem is iTunes can't seem to locate the mp files themselves properly anymore Here's what I think is happening On my old PC the iTunes library files were stored in My Documents My Music like normal however due to lack of hard drive space I stored the actual mp files on a different hard drive in the machine in this case d mp This worked fine when I formatted that machine because iTunes was still pointed to the same hard drive for the music files as nothing changed on that hard drive when I formatted the primary drive with Windows on it In this case I've moved all the mp s to the default iTunes directory My Documents My Music iTunes iTunes Music since I don't have the hard drive space restraints I was dealing with before I confirmed that iTunes is pointing to the proper directory under Edit Preferences Advanced settings however every time I click on a song it's telling me it can't find the mp file and is asking me to locate it manually As far as I can see there's no way to do this easily without selecting one song at a time and locating the file for it I don't have the time or patience to go through my entire library and manually find all the files so is there an easier way to do this I was thinking if I delete my old library it may even be easier to re-add all the songs to a new one because at least that way I could select entire folders rather than one song at a time Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Transferring iTunes music library to new PC

Delete your iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Music Library.xml from the computer with the problem and then re-add the music. They are normally stored in the My Music\iTunes folder but I don't know where they would be stored on your machine. It sounds like you copied the library files over from the computer with all your music on the C drive so the new computer will look for the files on the C drive. The only way to stop this is to delete the library and have it re-find the songs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/transferring-itunes-music-library-to-new-pc-359202.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I want a good program, that I can organize all my CD's (that are in mp3 format).

Relevancy 56.33%

I got a ZUNE MP3 player as a gift and I installed the software to download music. Something I am wondering is if the ZUNE software installed in my PC takes control of all the music I have already stored. Some of this music I got as an-mail attachment and now since I got this ZUNE software it seems i can not use it anymore lets say to burn a cd. Can someone explain me why ? Is Zune always to be in control of my music library in Windows Media Player or other players like REAL ?

Thank you for your insights,

Oniro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-zune-controlling-my-music-library.646303/
Relevancy 56.33%

No one has been able to describe this and trying to find a fix on the internet is proving to be impossible at least through Google Basically music to library randomly seems skip I m playing music and all of a sudden it stops I click the player and it s not responding for a few seconds and then goes to a new song If I happen to have it on top of all the other windows I see music library seems to skip randomly the media player cycling through a bunch of songs and music library seems to skip randomly then it starts playing one I say media player becuase I have tried WMP VLC Songbird and WinAmp but they all do the same thing edit I can go back and play through the song it just skipped through just fine So if Metallica - Enter Sandman skips and I go back to play the song it plays through just fine end edit This is completely random however I have noticed it tends to happen more after mins- hour of being asleep shut down a while Then it s even more random to the point where I may not even have the problem It seems to be doing it more often now though so I m getting worried more annoyed I thought maybe it was my hard drive cause it s happened a couple times while watching anime the video just stops and goes to the beginning This has only happened within the last weeks though So I switched to my library on an external hard drive but it still happens on there So then I tried installing songbird on my nd hard drive and playing it on there Maybe my main hard drive is going I was thinking Nope mins later it does it a couple of times music library seems to skip randomly I did build this computer in late July however it still happened on my old build So that s why I tested the hard drives since they are the only things that are the same It s also just the music I tested with a YouTube video playing and a video on my main hard drive Songbird at the time on the nd hard drive skipped but the audio was still playing on both the YouTube and VLC Anyone got any ideas At the moment I am testing a video on the nd hard drive as well as audio playing seeing if they both go out which would I think point to the nd hard drive But that seems odd that both my nd hard drive and external would do the same thing I also disabled enhancements as that seems to be a popular thing in search results Thanks for any and all help nbsp

A:music library seems to skip randomly

Enhancements disabled did not work.

I had a video on the 2nd hard drive playing as well as the audio. When it happened, both VLC and WMP failed. However, it finally logged an application error in the Event Viewer with this error for VLC (it force closed basically):

Faulting application name: vlc.exe, version: 1.1.4.0, time stamp: 0x4c76f9fe
Faulting module name: libmkv_plugin.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c76fa06
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000819f1
Faulting process id: 0x10a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb51608816eb05
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\libmkv_plugin.dll
Report Id: 32b9ba7a-bd5a-11df-80dc-6cf049ec5d74

Google searching for the error code hasn't really given me anything useful...

*edit*
Also I've noticed the last few times (can't recall before then) that my keyboard went unlit. It's a Razar Larycosa so it has back lights.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-library-seems-to-skip-randomly.949033/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am having a problem where no matter what I do, Windows Media Player 12 gives me a "there are no items in your music library"! there is no option to add anything anywhere! when I google the message, it tell me to go to "organize<manage libraries<music" the first 4 results in Google says to do that, the rest of Google is just spam.
the problem is when I go to organize<manage libraries<music, nothing happens! I need to sync music to my Sansa Fuse+ but cannot because of this problem! please help!

EDIT: I want to also mention that the "library" link/tab is grayed out in WMP12. deleting the appdata did not help! other than that Google full of spam

A:wmp12 "there are no items in your music library"

The "library" is not even a real location...it's just a virtual location that doesn't have any content unless someone chooses to place "files" there by having them imported to that location.  In reality...all that happens (IMO) is that a pointer/shortcut is placed there which points to the real file location and allows it to be accessed/played.

I don't even use it on my Win 7 install, preferring to use other players (which do the same thing as WMP without all the unnecessary trash).

If WMP doesn't give you the option to "import" files into the library...try another player and sync your files with it.

To find the real locations of your music files...you can use a tool like Everything Search Engine - http://www.voidtools.com/ and use the generic file extension (e.g. *.mp3) to find all .mp3 files.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544103/wmp12-there-are-no-items-in-your-music-library/
Relevancy 56.33%

I m looking for a way to catalogue all my music cds What I need is a program that will look up the album so I don t have to type anything be able to organize it and add the album art to my music folder I also want to be able to load my mp player a recent birthday gift from my music collection I m not interested in a radio function or purchasing music downloads Anyone have any suggestions besides Music Match Application Library for Need Music Recommendation which I presently use the basic version Music Match was recently purchased by Yahoo and from what I hear it s a real downgrade Also I prefer if it were free shareware Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated There is one player that I ve found but as I m not technical I don t understand half the bells and whistles If anyone would know if this would suit my situation you can read about it here - Need Recommendation for Music Library Application http downloads zdnet com download aspx docid Also what is winamp I know it has something to do with MP players but is it also a library If it has radio can I get am stations too I like talk radio but don t always have time to listen to it I would love to be able to upload programs to listen at my convenience Thanks for any info P S This is for my Laptop which has XP OS nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Just got my new HP dv us with Vista Home Premium Never tried media center before I have always been an iTunes fan when it comes to my music library about gigs worth Thought I d give the Media Center a try since I never Center music library Media and used it Media Center and music library before When viewing my music in the media center music library a lot of the album art is not displayed and a lot of my albums have some of their tracks split like they are part of separate albums I am assuming this has something to do with some of the tags maybe I use Mp tag to edit the tags on all my music then when importing to iTunes I use iTunes to edit some of the other least populat tags composers etc A lot of my album art I use iTunes to quot find quot the album artwork when importing When iTunes does this does it add the artwork to the tags or is it just for iTunes purposes which might explain some of the missing artwork on media center Also if I want to update or change my tags for any reason after media center has added it to it s library how can I get media center to quot update quot particular music and albums to reflect the changes OK to sum up What is the easiest way to get my missing album artwork to display in media center How can get my quot stray quot tracks back in their original albums so they won t show as a whole separate album How do I quot update quot my media center library if I make changes THANKS nbsp

A:Media Center and music library

One feature I like with WMP (Windows Media Player) and Windows Media Center is that they have the options to automatically search online and replace incorrect information with your songs, artists, etc. at the same time finding missing information (ie: album cover) however this feature has to be turned on. Go through your preferences and see if you would like this and then turn it on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-center-and-music-library.558961/
Relevancy 56.33%

I deleted music files out of my Music folder in explorer...Then open windows media player and the music files were still there. I then tried to delete them from my media player and then get a warning that media player can not find files. and it will not give me an option to delete.....What to do next? I am running windows 7 and windows media player 12.0.7601.17514
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3892 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1722 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 183295 MB, Free - 135143 MB; D: Total - 273060 MB, Free - 272952 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., R530/R730/R540
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2012, Updated and Enabled

A:Corrupted library music files

Delete the WMP database and rebuild it:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/mic...rebuild-your-windows-media-player-12-library/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-library-music-files.1056611/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello and thank you for reading,

I have a large digital music collection of about 5,000 songs. I just recently switched from a Windows Computer to a Mac. I transfered the files to the Mac and converted them to AAC - which promptly lost approximately 1,500 songs (I still have the Windows backups).

The library has become quite cumbersome to keep organized. iTunes does not provide an adequately easy interface to manage large amounts of somewhat unorganized files and I am looking for something more powerful.

A quick search online showed me several programs for Windows, but I wasn't able to find anything for Mac OS X. Does anybody have any suggestions for how I might organize this library?

James

A:Managing a large Digital Music Library

Go back to the PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/managing-a-large-digital-music-library.501687/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm running Windows 10 (upgraded) on a HP Pavilion 23

I have some file in my music library which are incorrectly labeled (Wrong artist or wrong album etc) and I am not able to edit the information, only re-name the song.

On the "home" tab the edit option is there, but not accessible.

If I choose Properties>details>Remove Properties and Personal Information>Remove the Following...
I can click to remove the bad info, but it does not apply it to the file. (the info remains attached)

Is the only way to fix this re-ripping/ downloading the file?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-edit-files-in-music-library.1166727/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi!

I'm having a small cosmetic issue with my library.

I'm attaching a snapshot that illustrates my issue the best way.

My Music folder has some field where it shoes C:\Users\Robert Norgren and that's what I'd like the hide. The section is not present for other libraries (Pictures/Videos/Documents).

Thanks! ( :

A:Library/My Music shows location path

Hello Robert,

I'm not sure of the language translation, but see if clicking on View (menu bar), Group by, and (none) will get rid of it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196362-library-my-music-shows-location-path.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i none of my music will play in windows media player. my audio files are mp3 and wma.

anyone else have any problems like this???

the music will show up in my library but it wont play. it plays with winamp but not wmp

A:windows media player and my music library

Hi TwoTabs, welcome to the forums, install this codecs and will play almost anything.
Shark007.net - Windows 8 Codecs - WMP12 Codecs

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11961-windows-media-player-my-music-library.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

Winamp's being... temperamental, to say the least.
I have a music library of ~2000 songs which I want to get it to sync to my MP3 player. It recognizes that my player is connected to my PC just fine, but when I tell it to sync all 2000 songs in one shot the program freezes and crashes.
I really do NOT want to have to sit at my PC for hours and sync my music library 50 songs at a time. Is there a workaround for this problem or am I just going to have to bite the bullet?

Thanks,

-'Mage

EDIT: Mods, please delete this thread, I reposted it in "Misc. Software". Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winamp-crashes-when-syncing-music-library.93183/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Guys I'm having various problems with my Playlists on my computer with a recent fresh install of Windows pro I put all my albums into playlists and I use the playlists to select which music to play this is because I have lots of individual tracks etc everything works as it should do in desktop Windows Media Player When I open the Metro music app in Windows my playlist are all over the place App 8 Media Music Library frustrations! Windows sometimes there's too many sometimes too few Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations! sometimes they play and sometimes they don't some are duplicated and some are missing etc etc Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations! All my Music and playlists are stored in the My Music library as it default too I had about too many playlists and some were duplicated twice so tonight I bit the bullet and I deleted all the Playlists from Metro Music player I then imported my playlists using a right click there is now the correct amount of playlists but some are named incorrectly For example say I have a play list called Abba - Gold Music app now calls it Abba - Gold if I attempt to rename it to Abba - Gold it tells me quot That one's there already try a different name quot This only affects some playlists it seems as though the one's with a bracket and a number after the playlist with the same name already exist but it is not shown I also edited a playlist in WMP desktop tonight and I had to use the import playlist feature again to update the playlist in the Music app and now that playlist has a number next to it as well Does anyone know where the playlists for the music app are stored I'd like to find out and delete everything and start again I'm going from loving Windows to hating it because when I get to a stage where I'm happy with everything then something goes wrong or changes I've spent weeks solid trying to get everything to work as it should and I'm losing patience Thank for your help Tony

A:Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations!

This is not an audio problem (this forum section) but more a customization issue.

I'm using my Win 7 system right now and I see C:\Users\myname\Music as one location. Also C:\Users\Public\Music as another. Look in those locations.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/19581-windows-8-music-app-media-library-frustrations.html
Relevancy 55.47%

In the default libraries there is a corresponding public folder of each library e.g. Documents/public documents, Pictures/public pictures etc...

But the only library showing the public folder is the music library. Why is this and how can I make it not show without removing the public music folder?

Thanks.

A:Music Library showing public folder as well?

underneath where it says music library (the title of the folder) it says 'includes 2 locations'. click that and then remove the public folder from there.
The public folder will still exist, it just wont be included in the music library.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37315-music-library-showing-public-folder-well.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Alright iPod library download - Music Solved: I ve Solved: iPod - Music library download been putting this off for at least a month because I m dreading the whole process I ve got a GB mini and when I connect it to my computer an error message pops up I ve figured out that I have to restore my iPod and update it which will erase ALL the music from it Not so bad right Except for the fact that I have less than half of my songs on my computer To make the computer run more efficently I delete old songs that I don t listen to frequently The iPod runs fine but I can t upload any songs on it until I can fix the problem I ve heard of several different hacks to take music off an iPod but I need something free Any reccomentdations I tried doing one using WinAmp but it seems that WinAmp didn t download correctly and it wouldn t install I ll be happy to try again if that s the only way Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: iPod - Music library download

I've only just recently purchased my first iPod (a nano) and in crawling around the web I've managed to find a pretty good site for helping with my "iQuestions". Here's a link to an article on it for retrieving songs off an iPod, hope it helps some.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ipod-music-library-download.418366/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've noticed that the music library always shows folders (not files) first when ordering by date (created/modified). In Vista, files can be shown first, which I prefer since I can see my most recent music files. So my question is... is it possible to change this, to display files and then folders (as in Vista)?
Thanks in advance.

Update: it happens in all the libraries, not only in the music one. However in the computer explorer it doesn't, I mean, files appear in the first place.

A:display files before folders in the music library

Hello antoniomc, welcome to Seven Forums!

I haven't experimented with Libraries much so here's the link to the Libraries tutorials until someone can answer your question.

Tutorials - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23055-display-files-before-folders-music-library.html
Relevancy 55.47%

A friend asked me to help out what I thought was a bit of a "silly" request when I came across an error I've never seen and can't seem to get around. In MM, I try to delete certain selections from his library (and I've tried several different selections) and I get the error:

"ERROR: Database fetch (mim:database:Track: <a very long bunch of letters and #'s>) = FAILED"

I haven't tried to delete the entire library b/c he wants to keep at least half of what he's got.

Anyone? Help!

Thanks much,

caron1959

A:Can't Delete Selections from Music Match Library

What version of MM and does he have MM Plus? The first thing I would try is to rebuild the database. The only things that he'll lose are:

Play Count
Date Last Played
Date Last Modified
Date Added to Library
Date Last Burned
Last Burned To

Custom 1
Custom 2
Custom 3

Everything else will be rebuilt from the tags.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-selections-from-music-match-library.616436/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys,

I have playlists setup so that my various MP3 devices can sync with different music.

In the future, I would like to be able to drag a music file (from a windows folder) directly into a certain playlist, AND have it go into the main library, all it once. Is this possible?

Right now, if I try to drag a song into a playlist, it will not let me. The only way I can do it now is by dragging the song into the main library, finding it, and then putting it in the playlist from within the library.

As you may guess, this is quite troublesome if I have many artists I am dragging into the library since I must go through find each one, and then drag. Thanks!

A:Is there a way to drag music files directly to a WMP playlist (and the library)?

You could drag all of your music files into the library one time and leave them there. Then select songs from the library to put into the playlist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-drag-music-files-directly-to-a-wmp-playlist-and-the-library.665088/
Relevancy 55.04%

As an example, The Itunes directory is in My Music. My Music is in a Music library, so the file details in explorer include album, #, etc. Within Itunes is the Apps directory and other data where "album name" doesn't make sense. I want it to display as a non-music directory. There doesn't seem to be any way to set the default columns displayed in a directory within a Music Library without changing how all the directories are displayed. Nor does there seem to be a way to remove a Music Library sub-directory from being considered as a Music Library member.

A:Can I set explorer columns for data directory within music library

Hello EasilyConfused, and welcome to Seven Forums.

From within the Music library, you can change, add, and remove any columns you like.Windows Explorer Columns - Add or Remove
The tutorial below can help show you how to remove folders that you no longer want to be included in the say Music library.Library - Remove a Included Folder
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209911-can-i-set-explorer-columns-data-directory-within-music-library.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am new to the forum. I have been searching for a solution to this problem for a while now and came upon this site by accident. I searched the forums already posted to see if the subject has already been adressed, but could not find any posts concerning my specific problem.

It is not a major problem, just an annoying one. My music library is on my D drive. Media player searches, finds and loads all of my music without any problem. Every time i boot my laptop and open media player, the music is gone and media player has to search the whole computer for all my music files again. It finds them without any problem, but i do not have access to my whole library for an hour on every boot up. Is this normal for windows 7. Did i do something wrong setting up my library and is their a fix for this?

thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

I am new to the forum. I have been searching for a solution to this problem for a while now and came upon this site by accident. I searched the forums already posted to see if the subject has already been adressed, but could not find any posts concerning my specific problem.

It is not a major problem, just an annoying one. My music library is on my D drive. Media player searches, finds and loads all of my music without any problem. Every time i boot my laptop and open media player, the music is gone and media player has to search the whole computer for all my music files again. It finds them without any problem, but i do not have access to my whole library for an hour on every boot up. Is this normal for windows 7. Did i do something wrong setting up my library and is their a fix for this?

thanks

A:Media player has to search for music library on every boot up

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/974655-media-player-has-search-music.html

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-has-to-search-for-music-library-on-every-boot-up.974654/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to delete some music in the library but explorer just freezes up and takes up 90% of my cpu while doing this

the green bar never finishes

and the files never get deleted
after I end explorer from the task manager, dllhost.exe takes up 25% of my cpu also
even just opening the music library takes up a lot of cpu and I was wondering what this was and how can I delete these files

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395224-cant-delete-files-music-library-explorer-exe-takes-up-90-cpu.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone

I dont use libraries and dont like the way that you cant have indivual folder views with them. So when I click on the start menu and have the links for 'music, pictures, video etc' i would like it to link straight to the root folder and not to the library

Does anyone know how to do this?

A:My music etc. in start menu, link to root forlder, not library?

If you right click on the Library
Then go to properties. You can click on the original host folder and delete it and then add your own by clicking on include a folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115694-my-music-etc-start-menu-link-root-forlder-not-library.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello

i have an issues with my library file

my library its looking like this and i cant open it !!!!

and there is no " users " folder in the c:

can any one help me please

Thanks

A:Documents Library in Windows 7 no longer working ( Music + pictures +

If this just started in the last few days, do a System Restore to a date before you had the problem.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273924-documents-library-windows-7-no-longer-working-music-pictures.html
Relevancy 54.18%

first off I m on rebuild of library slain ipod to advice part using music not really sure what forum this best goes in advice on using ipod music to rebuild part of slain library as it sort of involves several different things so feel free to refile if you think i got it wrong Basically i have my music collection spread across partitions one of the drives in question completely bit the dust this morning e Now some but not nearly all of the music from that drive is saved on my ipod and i would like to get as much as i can off of that but ideally i d like it to be the same path as before so i don t have to redo a advice on using ipod music to rebuild part of slain library whole bunch of really long playlists I have an extra drive I can put as the new E so the main question becomes how do I get the files off of the ipod and into the right location I have my itunes database file and presumably that could be used somehow because it will have all the paths stored but I have no idea how to start going about this undertaking siiiiiigh nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-on-using-ipod-music-to-rebuild-part-of-slain-library.905170/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi i was wondering what would be the best way to do this?
what software should i use? is there any quick way?

thanks

A:Convert 1700 song aac music library to quality sounding mp3?

Try using Foobar2000 for any mass changes. It's a great audio tool and we've even started a guide here on Techspot. Check it out here: http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/foobar/
It's just getting started but I'm sure it'll be growing soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/convert-1700-song-aac-music-library-to-quality-sounding-mp3.28870/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I turn off windows media player and open it back up the music disappeared. It doesn't auto scan the folder. I have to take out a file and put it back in to get it to re-add it, then it adds everything else again. This is really
annoying.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f93f8f09-1a6e-417b-966b-05ad7844b768/why-doesnt-my-music-stay-in-my-windows-media-player-library?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
This is my first post. I just installed Windows 7 and one thing is really annoying me. How do I shut off the feature that asks me to take ownership of every individual folder in my music files from my external drive before I can open them and add them to my media player library? I just want to add them the way I used to in XP or better yet just drag and drop the main folder into media player.

A:How do I add music files from external drive to media player library using windows 7?

This information should do the trick.You will basically take possession of the entire drive all at once instead of files\folders on at a time.I realize it says XP in the title but it should work for Win7 too.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379395/how-do-i-add-music-files-from-external-drive-to-media-player-library-using-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.32%

Every time I try to import music to my library, I get a loading pop-up that says "working" as if the music is importing, then the box disappears and nothing happens (Drag and drop music to library). If I try to use the add to library feature within wmp, I add the folder I want and no files are imported, nothing happens, not even a "working" pop-up as compared to the other method I tried. No music is currently in my library at all. I can still listen to music if I open the files but obviously this is much less convenient than using the library.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Media Player (version 11.2.6001.7000) won't import music to library.

Are all your files from iTunes? If so they may all be in the .m4a format which is incompatible with media player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-version-11-2-6001-7000-wont-import-music-to-library.769602/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm still a little unclear on exactly how I managed to accomplish this feat Just did a clean install of Pro and was relocating my User lt directory gt s to their respective drives as I have done numerous times with I had just pointed Music 2nd now is library a "Music" library "Download" to the drive where my GB collection resides My next "Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library quot move quot was with Downloads As I started the process I remember seeing an extra message about moving all the files to the new location It was going on am so I just accepted it Next thing I knew I had two quot Music quot directories One has the usual blue musical note while the other has a blue downward pointing arrow most often reserved for Downloads However if I delete a file in one it is deleted in both directories Quite depressing all in all My attempts to restore it to its original state have failed I have seen several similar posts at this and other forum s but none are exactly like what I have done I don't know if I could try running a repair or if I'm either just going to have to live with this or reinstall the whole shooting match So I'm hoping someone can help me un-fubar my directory Thanks MD

A:"Download" library is now a 2nd "Music" library

User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums I've done a similar error in the past. I just restored the default locations, and unchecked the box asking to move the files. Then cleaned up the folder contents, and moved them again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60886-download-library-now-2nd-music-library.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Referencing this earlier forum posting and answer: http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/710391-solved-itunes-cant-find-my.html

I followed the same steps as directed and was able to successfully restore my entire music library, which is great! However, all my Playlists are now empty. Did I permanently lose them? I find it hard to believe that they are not mapped somehow and even if the files moved locations that I would lose all the data contained in them.

I have a complete back-up on another drive. How can I move the backed up Playlists over to my main iTunes account? Thank you for any assistance you can provide me to remedy this very frustrating and time consuming problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-lost-my-music-library-and-now-upon-restoration-my-playlists-are-all-empty.1033901/
Relevancy 49.45%

I use a Lenovo y to virus to to scans pick... my get when virus computer seems HDD it and library copy a I import iTunes, music crippling my but My laptop on Windows -bit Currently my computer is not infected because I reinstalled the OS from backup discs but I d like to figure out what is wrong with the files or which ones are infected instead of losing my whole library When I just copy the files mostly mp s with some mp s and My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... flacs from my iPod classic or external HDD to my computer my computer runs fine But when I import them into iTunes or another media player my computer starts to occasionally lock up and become unresponsive This becomes worse over time until the computer can t be used in anything but safe mode and I My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... have to restore from my backup discs I ve run My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes and boot-time Avast scans on my computer and these files and none of them pick up anything Does anyone know what the problem is and if I can resolve it without losing all my files

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481085/my-computer-seems-to-get-a-crippling-virus-when-i-copy-my-music-library-to-my-hdd-and-import-it-to-itunes-but-virus-scans-pick-up-nothing/
Relevancy 49.45%

If I go to the music library, then Sample Music, which has 3 sample files, it also has a folder named local disk.

Its empty, but right clicking and viewing properties shows it has 3 files and 4 folders, and is 400 bytes in size. It was created during the OSs install date, and is shared.

What is the purpose of this folder? I have hidden files to be showed enabled.

A:"Local Disk" folder in Music Library

That folder does not belong there. It must have gootten in there with an erroneous manipulation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347639-local-disk-folder-music-library.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello All,

I really hope someone can help me with this highly irritating problem.

I have vista home premium. In the regular Windows Media player I have all the proper cd covers. In the Media Center, Music Library, MANY of the cd covers are replaced with "Upgrade to Plus" graphics from musicmatch. I uninstalled musicmatch, but of course the problem didn't go away.. plus there were still folders (now deleted) left behind and a bunch of registry entries (not deleted, but nothing obviously related to my problem) still there.

Please, can someone help me get rid of this musicmatch virus. MusicMatch doesn't offer any support unless you buy the Plus version, which is disgraceful.

Thank You.

A:"Upgrade to Plus" icons in my VMC music library

If the "Upgrade to Plus" is in the mp3 tags, then you're going to have to use WMP to find the right album art and update the tags.

Here's an uninstall guide from MM tech support:

The following steps will take you through a very thorough uninstall and reinstall of Musicmatch Jukebox:

Step 1: Make sure all Musicmatch applications are shut down.
- Close Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Open the Task Manager (use the CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE key-combination on your keyboard.)
- Click the "Processes" tab.
- Click the "Image Name" column title to sort the list alphabetically.

If any of the following applications appear in the list, highlight the application then click the "End Process" button:

mmjb.exe
mim.exe
mimboot.exe
mmdiag.exe
mm_Tray.exe
mm_TDMEngine.exe
mmjbburn.exe
mmjblaunch.exe
mm_server.exe

Note: Ending a process may take several seconds. You may see a message
indicating that the application is not responding during this time. This
is normal. Simply click the "End Now" button if you see this message.

- Exit the Task Manager.

Step 2: Uninstall Musicmatch Jukebox using Add/Remove Programs
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Add or Remove Programs".
- Select "Musicmatch Jukebox".
- Click the "Change/Remove" button.
- Select "Yes" if you are asked to verify that you want to remove any shared files.
- Reboot your PC.

Step 3: Remove any leftover files that were not automatically removed during uninstall.
- Delete any remaining Musicmatch Jukebox shortcuts from your desktop
- Close any applications that are currently running on your system.
This includes any system tray applications (next to the clock on the Taskbar.)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click "Explore".
- Navigate to the folder where Musicmatch was installed:

Example: C:\Program Files\

- Locate the "Musicmatch" directory, highlight it and press the delete key on your keyboard.
- Confirm that you want to delete it.
- Navigate to the Windows Temp directory

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp

- Delete the files and folders in the Temp directory. Note: Any files that are in use will not be deleted.
- Navigate to the application data folder on your hard drive:

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\

- Locate the "Musicmatch" directory, highlight it and press the delete key on your keyboard.
- Confirm that you want to delete it.

Note: Replace "user" with your Windows account name. The Local Settings folder is a system folder and may be hidden. To unhide system folders
follow the instructions at the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

Step 4: Remove leftover registry entries that were not automatically removed during uninstall.
- Click the Start button.
- Click "Run"
- In the "Open" field type: regedit
- Click OK.

The Windows Registry editor should now be open. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS EXACTLY!

- In the left window pane you will see six main folders.
- Click the + next to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder.
- Click the + next to the "Software" subfolder.
- You will see a list of folders in alphabetical order. If a "Musicmatch" folder exists, highlight it then press the delete key on your keyboard.
- Click "Yes" when you are asked to verify that you want to delete the folder.
- Close the Windows registry editor.

- Restart your computer.

Step 5: Reinstall the Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Please download the setup file from the following URL:

http://www.musicmatch.com/download/free/?OS=pc&DID=999990944

To ensure a successful installation, please save the file to your desktop before running the installation. If the installation is
successful, please be certain to restart... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-to-plus-icons-in-my-vmc-music-library.548124/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hiya

The Picture It! Library and Digital Image Library do not display temporary files. By ignoring temporary files, the Library can remain clean and uncluttered. An issue has been identified where some software marks photos as temporary files when they are acquired from the camera. This patch enables the Library to view these temporary files.

The software currently known to mark new files as temporary is Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser version 4.1.0.46.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP

Multimedia PC with Pentium 500 MHz or higher processor
128 MB of RAM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e5-5d09-4bbf-b7df-b1451f201dae&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

A:Picture It! Library/Digital Image Library: View Temporary Files Patch: Aug 26

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-it-library-digital-image-library-view-temporary-files-patch-aug-26.160012/
Relevancy 45.15%

A year ago I created a custom Library and have been using it successfully until the beginning of this week The library's folder location is similar to the following C Users USERNAME FOLDERX Now when I open the Library it shows a listing Library! in Conundrum: By Custom Missing Library Folders' is 'Arrange of all of the files found within all of the folders in that library that is imagine a book separated by chapters folders and now all of the pages are scattered files in one cardboard box On the top right of this Library window I have the following quot Arrange by quot options -Date modified -Tag -Type -Name ---- -Clear Changes On the quot working quot libraries such as 'Documents ' there is a quot Arrange Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! by Folder quot option which is what I am attempting to have the custom Library emulate I have deleted the custom Library and tried to reestablish it but the same issue persists I cannot sort the Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library! Library by folder rendering it useless Is there anyway to have the quot Arrange by Folder quot option reappear Did I accidentally switch some setting or is this due to a Windows Update Thank you

A:Library Conundrum: 'Arrange By Folders' is Missing in Custom Library!

Did you create a new library with the same name or a different name? When you go to Libraries, and you right click and select properties on Documents, do the attributes match what you find when you right click and select properties on your new library?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196726-library-conundrum-arrange-folders-missing-custom-library.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am using windows and have all my itunes on an external home network drive. Everything is all set up and all new files are written to the drive. The problem is that if I add music from a cd to the library it is only recognized by the computer that I did it on and not recognised by the other computer. How do I make both computers recognize all content in the library?

Thanks, Joe

A:Solved: library on external drive using 2 computers I can't see all the library

No takers eh! I guess there are not many itunes users here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-library-on-external-drive-using-2-computers-i-cant-see-all-the-library.975937/
Relevancy 44.72%

Try to create new library.
Get "Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms" Access is denied.

Found:
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

New library commands raise an error 16389 when "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" policy is enabled | Microsoft Connect
"Unable to create the file 'New Library.library-ms' File System error (16389)

The error 16389 (0x4005) is a trucation of a E_FAIL error (0x80004005)."

http://connect.microsoft.com/Windows...icy-is-enabled

http://snipurl.com/uvm5h
Recently transferred files from C:\Users\Ray to E:\My Documents.--used MS move command, thought it would transfer references, apparently not.

What should I do to be able to create a new library?

A:Unable to create the file "New Library.library.ms

Run "cmd". Type "SFC /scannow" (without quotes), hit enter.
Also check the event viewer for errors related to "16389".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71484-unable-create-file-new-library-library-ms.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I don't know whats going on but if I go to options and click on Monitor Folders and find my folder where all of my music is located.

WMP11 finds all 24002 files but says "0" added when completed. I basically have no library and I'm not able to add the files to the library.

I've restarted my computer, I've deleted the watched folders and added them back without any luck.

A:WMP11 finds my song library but won't add it in the library?

First turn off Monitor Folders and leave WMP open in the library view. To add songs to the library, select the music file folder(s) in Windows Explorer then drag-and-drop them into the WMP window.

If that doesn't work, delete the WMP database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp11-finds-my-song-library-but-wont-add-it-in-the-library.724728/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have Musicmatch Jukebox I used to have and I have a saved library ddf file in my external hard drive After getting the library is now not saving to any ddf file that I know of I have searched all my drives for all ddf files and produced nothing My original ddf file I saved all the time when adding new music has been the same mb since i upgraded to the ddf file isn t getting any bigger I have tried deleting mmjb from my entire computer and going to MMJB option save or to library 10: new No library the C directory and physically deleting musicmatch When I download a fresh copy I still cant save or create a new library In MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library addition it still pulls up all my music which is stored in my external hard drive Even if I turn my external hard drive off mmjb still brings up all the music of course it wont play because the hard drive is turned off but somehow mmjb knows my current library so is it storing it in a file which is not a ddf file There is no option to quot new library quot or quot save library quot Someone help me nbsp

A:MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

It might be that the file is hidden and windows cannot see it. Go to My Computer, then Tools > Folder Options > View > select shown hidden files and folders.

Also it could be that it's not using the DDF file anymore and using a different one. Maybe M4U or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmjb-10-no-option-to-save-library-or-new-library.352109/
Relevancy 43.86%

My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem.

When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also.

If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents file.

If I try to move the document file from the picture file to the document file, a window says its an Identical sub folder and won't go any further.

How can I remove the folder list of documents from the picture file without destroying those documents in the document file?

I think that this problem developed as I loaded an ArcSoft program to read slides into my computer.

Thanks,

Jimbow

A:Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library

Hello Jimbow, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If it's just been added to your Pictures library by mistake, then you should be able to use the tutorial below to remove it from the library without deleting the actual folder.

Library - Remove a Included Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302720-documents-library-also-appears-pictures-library.html
Relevancy 43.86%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 43.86%

EDIT This issue has been solved Hi there This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I d appreciate anyone s insights My default Pictures library has somehow become a permanent clone of my Videos library It s not that it s a copy of Videos it s that both libraries have merged into the same entity The quot Pictures library-ms quot file literally does not exist Windows is using one file and one set of options yet displaying it as if there were two libraries And it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that quot Pictures quot can or should exist If I delete one of the quot Videos quot both links remain visible until I refresh the Explorer window which makes them both disappear If I try to delete one and then the other Windows says it Library My Videos Solved: My Pictures Library Ate can t find the file which makes sense since the individual quot Videos library-ms Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library quot file is already gone If I delete all of my libraries and then select quot Restore default libraries quot both duplicates reappear as before No quot Pictures library-ms quot is ever created I can manually create a new library called quot Pictures quot but it doesn t Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library affect the presence of the duplicate Videos and other applications such as Windows Media Player do not recognize it as the official Pictures library WMP only shows images in the Videos folders and if I select quot Manage Pictures library quot from the WMP navigation pane it opens the options for the Videos library Strangest of all is this if I delete all libraries and don t restore them manually a quot Videos quot library will automatically reappear at some point no more than hours later I can delete it when this happens but it will continue to reappear at regular intervals I ve tried editing the registry to completely disable the Libraries feature as seen here and then reenable it using the factory defaults but this doesn t make a difference Since that patch completely removes the default libraries properties from the registry I have to conclude that Windows stores additional library data elsewhere but I haven t had any luck finding it I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

For some reason if I go to the libraries where is has Documents, Music, Pictures and Video I cannot open anything it just says LIBRARY-MS File. I can access the folders if I click on computer, C drive, users etc. I have tried deleting the -MS files right clicking on Libraries and clicking Restore Default Libraries I have also tried making a new user account, adding folder to libraries, even reinstalled Windows 8. Any suggestions?

A:cannot access Library folders keep getting LIBRARY-MS File

Did you first set up a Homegroup with the other machines in your network?

I don't believe the Library folders will function unless a Homegroup has been set up.

The Homegroup trouble shooting guide will show you how to fix most Homegroup related problems.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16257-cannot-access-library-folders-keep-getting-library-ms-file.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello

We have a GPO setting "Prevent users from adding files to the root of their Users Files folder" as we do not want users to be able to add files to their Roaming User Profile.

This GPO causes an error when a New Library is attempted to be created.

Because of the error we would like to Remove the "New Library" button from the toolbar which appears when the Library item is selected in the navigation pane.

The following article is great, however I cannot find a reference to the "New Library" button.

Windows Explorer Toolbar Buttons - Customize

Could any customisation wizkids offer any advice please?

Many Thanks

A:Remove New Library Button in from Library Toolbar

Hello Lee,

Doing step 7 in the tutorial below to remove "New -> Library" from the context menu will not remove the "New Library" toolbar button, but it will also effectively disable it. It may be a good workaround for you.

New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155361-remove-new-library-button-library-toolbar.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Apologies if I'm on the wrong board but hoping for advice on rebuilding my iTunes library without library.xml rebuilding library on iTunes Advice without or .itl? a full library xml or itl I'm on Windows bit iTunes My tech skills are poor and after a corrupted library event I just reinstalled itunes and then added my itunes folder from my C drive in itunes File gt Add Folder To Library However not all the songs on the HD were added to my iTunes library i e for many albums random tracks were missing when viewed in iTunes the original xml and itl files were corrupted and I didn't try to use them for this I can go to Advice on rebuilding iTunes library without library.xml or .itl? the iTunes folder on the C drive and right-click to Open those missing files with iTunes After they have been played like that then they are visible in the library in itunes but doing that with every individual missing track is incredibly time-consuming I've just bought a new PC and want to port my whole library over to the new machine Is there any way of moving all the files to the new machine via external HD and then rebuilding the library without gaps even if the library xml and itl files from the old machine have gaps Any suggestions would be really appreciated or somewhere else to go to find help Many thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621251/advice-on-rebuilding-itunes-library-without-libraryxml-or-itl/
Relevancy 43.43%

I don't know what is going on but for some reason I can't access my library's. or create a new Library. It was working fine till I tried using Xbox with my MCE and now when I try to access my library's nothing is there and when I click on New Library I get the Message in the picture below. I tried restoring it back to default but nothing any way to fix this without reinstalling?

A:Problem with Library's

Hello Shadowminx69,

You might do a repair install first before to see if you can avoid doing a clean reinstall.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6844-problem-librarys.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to install an illuminated keyboard by Logictech in my Win XP machine. Towards the end of the software installation process the diagnostic "VC8 library not installed properly. Restart computer and re-install software". This doesn't work. There seems to be a bunch of problems with this, since I see references to the problem in many places...but I haven't been able to get to an answer to the problem.

Any clues? I believe the solution was to download some Microsoft software, but what and how I don't know.

thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vc8-library-problem-437888.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello. I am having a problem opening file locations of specific programs. When I right click on the program and click "open file location" it minimizes to the taskbar and will not open or maximize. I can only "un pin or close window.
I have read the help file concerning removing a file from the libary but am unable to get the windows explorer to open to follow the instructions.
Just double clicking on programs minimizes them to the taskbar, and I can not get them to open - only close or unpin- which seems to do nothing.
Any fix short of a nine pound hammer?
Thanks
Dave

A:library problem

Hi Dave,
What are the type of programs giving you trouble.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194837-library-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Library a Problem Help! is Documents Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION A C Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I accidently created a problem that I Help! Documents Library is a Problem can t resolve Help! Documents Library is a Problem as I don t know this Windows OS very well In Help! Documents Library is a Problem dragging and dropping files into My Document I did something which took that Document Library icon and files and positioned them in a place I can t locate So I haven t been able to get it back in it s proper form I created a folder folder called Documents under the Library heading then found the icon and files called My Documents C with some sub folders Now the partial path for files located in My Documents c is Documents My Documents file name How can I fix the problem I wondered if a system restore then a restore the selected data from my external drive would correct this Thank you nbsp

A:Help! Documents Library is a Problem

Here's a link on how to Restore Default Libraries, maybe that will help.

Look at the related tutorials at the bottom of that page as well for more about libraries in Win7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-documents-library-is-a-problem.1019493/
Relevancy 43%

PC and Sony amplifier are finally connected in hdmi so that I can launch music, photos and movies using VistaMediaCenter.
(I run Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2 and graphic card is Nvidia 8800 GTS)

I can also see mkv movies in 5.1 channels without problems but not dvds.
They are all stored in my library (I patched the registry) and as I launch one of them the playback freezes and it stops while audio goes on.
I tried to uninstall old codecs and installed new ones, different brands but problem remains.

So I launch the dvd movie, it starts and after some seconds or minutes it stops and the last frame remains still on the screen while audio goes on more for a little time just like the movie was corrupted.

I am so frustrated with it and I can't fix it alone. This time I really need your help.

A:Problem with my dvds library

Try VLC ( Download VLC Media Player 1.0.0 RC4 - FileHippo.com )

http://www.vistax64.com/software/235579-problem-my-dvds-library.html
Relevancy 43%

I can get to all my other sites but when a I log on to my bank site to check balances and such, right after it opens the page I get a box that blocks my view and says: Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program:C:/ Program files/Internet Explorer/
iexplore.exe
abnormal program termination
I don't have a clue what this means. I have used this site for years without a poblem. What do I do? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-runtime-library-xp.293955/
Relevancy 43%

m having trouble with my I tunes library The first time I used I tunes yesterday I loaded all the music and applications I have onto itunes then synced them with my ipod then this morning I plugged in my ipod and got a message that said quot The ipod is synced with another itunes library an ipod can be synced with only one i tunes library at a time what would you like to do quot it then gives me the option to cancel erase and sync or transfer purchases none of the items that i loaded yesterday are library problem Itunes even showing in the library now although i entered the folder i wanted in the preferences section How do I keep my library loaded into itunes and sync with just that library does this make sense also i m not sure if this matters but I dont have any purchases from itunes except apps all the music is from a file on my computer that has been purchased elsewhere and are all mp files everything Itunes library problem is loaded onto my ipod now and I have no lost anything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-problem.798701/
Relevancy 43%

I have an Asus Transformer that comes with a 30GB SSD and 8.1 - so space is at a premium. I put my user files on a 64GB MicroSD card and was trying to Include the folders into the relevant libraries. That works well when I do it and the SD folder shows under e.g. Documents. But when I go back later to Explorer, it is nowhere to be seen.

Then I try to include it once more, but at that time it says that the folder is already included. Where is it hiding. The folders are accessible via the SD card though.

A:Include in Library - little problem

I got it solved. Did not eneble the libraries the right way.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41303-include-library-little-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello All I m having problems setting a default opening window size for a PDF Adobe problem Library program that I use daily that is based on Adobe s PDF Library program The program allows me to browse and create reports on aircraft Adobe PDF Library problem maintenance service bulletins which is a requirement for my job I have Adobe PDF Library problem managed to determine a way for every other program on my computer to set a Adobe PDF Library problem default window opening size so that the program opens to the maximum screen size MINUS the taskbar space at the bottom of the screen I prefer to leave that uncovered This particular program opens in maximum screen size regardless and I have to manually minimize then drag my corners to where I want them every time I open I can open the ini file and edit the configuration for this program but I see no setting for a default window size If someone could suggest a correct syntax text for that I d be willing to try it I m just not sure what it needs to say ie quot Default window open size quot or something along those lines Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-pdf-library-problem.362767/
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone,

Apologies for posting again, but I've tried everything to sort this, but to no avail!

My desktop with Win 7 Prof lets me see a Library with all my photos (in my Pictures folder), all neatly laid out in order of Date Taken.

My new laptop simply says New Library when I click Windows Explorer and it appears empty.

However, it tells me that MY PICTURES are already in a Library, but I simply can't find it and view all my pics.

Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a DATE TAKEN option visible (although I have seen it somewhere!), instead it's DATE MODIFIED or something similar.

Can anyone help, please?

A:Library problem with win 7 ultimate

Hello BLONDELAWMAN

Would this be of any use - Libraries - Restore Default

Remember libraries contain no physical data or folders they are just junction points

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183102-library-problem-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 43%

When I move any of my library locations from the default, I get this extra bar that I don't want:

How do I get rid of it?

A:Library Setting Problem

Right-click empty space > Group by > None
If you music is tagged correctly you could use "Arrange by" that is at the top.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ort-stack.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/69798-library-setting-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone,

So I am trying to move my music library from one computer to another and have noticed a small issue with some downloaded songs from iTunes.
While looking through my folders, I have found that not all songs are in their proper directory. I have the iTunes library set to consoliate everything on my computer, putting the files into appropriate folders, etc. Instead, they are being placed in a "downloads" folder with the song title being another folder with .tmp at the end. Here are a few pictures....

Any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-problem.968156/
Relevancy 43%

ive just started using kdevelop on linux red hat version 9 but i cant seem to find the kde library. in the kde setup it says it can locate the qt library but can not locate the kdelib.doc file. i've tried to reinstall the package but either it says the package is already installed but file is still not there (in .kde/share/apps/kdevelop/kde-documentation).

can anyone supply me with the kdelib.doc file (not the kdelibs package) or give me a solution?

A:kdevelop library problem

Are you pulling from a RPM source, or self building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kdevelop-library-problem.14632/
Relevancy 43%

I recently started using Itunes and have downloaded 500+ cds from my collection onto itunes. These were all saved on an external usb hard drive. I now have a new computer as the old one was too slow and downloaded itunes again from the Apple site with the icon on my desktop. I have changed edit - preferences to my f: drive, but my music and all the artwork are nowhere to be seen. If I go to explore and checkout the drive everything is there, but the new downloded Itunes displays nothing. I have logged into itunes using the same user and password, how do I get all my albums and artwork to be reconised by my new computer?

A:Itunes library problem

S1dd,

You would first need to add the music - you have changed the music location but you have not added them back into your library. There are a few ways this can be done:

1.) If you have access to your old machine - where your music is stored there will be a file named iTunes Music Library.xml and another file called iTunes Library (if you are unsure of where these files might be I would suggest searching your machine, however, they will be within the iTunes folder which can usually be located under My Music). Copy both of these over to the new machine (again, where the files are located on the new machine) ensuring iTunes is shut before overwriting the existing files and upon opening iTunes the music should be there.

2.) Open the file menu and click Add to Library, point it to where your music is (you stated F drive) and it should then add the files back into your iTunes library.

Once you have completed either step your will need to "Authorize this Computer" which can be located under the store menu. This will allow you to play songs previously purchased in iTunes and also purchase new songs.

Hope this helps!

Domasmak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-problem.975885/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to install a program from Ring Central my web based phone system provider for some time I download the exe file run it the dll Could load problem library not and wise installation wizard launches I eventually get an error message saying quot could not load the DLL library It gives a file location on my C drive Could not load the dll library problem for RCGETCookies dll quot This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect Reinstalling the application may fix this problem Uninstalling the previous version of the application and removing registry files and reinstalling results in the same error and promlem Thanks in advance for your kind assistance Bill DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rush at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA COM WEBSER Apache exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C PROGRA COM WEBSER Apache exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA COM I'MINT BIN rdesktop exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Skyhook Wireless Wi-Fi Service WPSScannerSvc exe C WINDOWS system BRMFRSMG EXE C PROGRA COM WEBSER Agent exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Shared Drivers SymSnapService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProTray exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort PPScheduler exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap CardMinder V CardLauncher exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap Driver PfuSsMon exe C Program Files Com I'm InTouch BIN IIT exe C Program Files Timo Pijnappel RTM Tool RememberTheMilkTool exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C stunnel stunnel- exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Goldmine gmw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe... Read more

A:Could not load the dll library problem

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194028/could-not-load-the-dll-library-problem/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have a WMP 11 problem, I recently installed Winamp and then my WMP 11 suddenly didn't have a media library anymore nor could i search or add any folders to it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both applications and made WMP 11 the default player for all media files, also made sure that Winamp was not the default player for anything.

Winamp however will let me create a local media library, which is very confusing.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this please help. Thank you for your time.

Hah, I called windows technical support and they said i need to pay 40$ for assistance with this problem. thats just ridiculous.

A:WMP 11 Media Library Problem!

Well compquest- You have posted about 5 threads relating to this same issue, I have merged 3 threads into one, and I am leaving that one open in our All Other Software forum. Closing this one, which is a copy of one of your other 4 posts. Please--- do NOT start ANY more new threads about this Winamp and Media Player issue, they will be deleted.

You have already been advised that TSG Rules allow only one thread per problem. I see that you have had a few of your other threads, closed by Moderators.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-media-library-problem.633067/
Relevancy 42.57%

OK here s what has happened I wanted to move my itunes library from my internal hard drive to an external hard drive I followed some instructions I found on apple s support site close iTunes copy entire iTunes folder to the new destination hold SHIFT and select iTunes from the Windows Start menu This gives the option to define a library existing or new Chose the new location of the file iTunes libaray itl Test everything delete old library folder This all worked fine Until I tried to play certain tracks It then claims not to - iTunes library with Problem moved be able to locate the original file I can then point it to iTunes - Problem with moved library it no problem but only track at a time iTunes - Problem with moved library I ve figured out that the tracks I CAN play happen to be the last tracks added The remaining approx iTunes - Problem with moved library I would have to point iTunes to individually once for it to re-register Has anyone else come across this phenomenon More importantly does anyone have an idea of what I can do to avoid wiping the library and re-importing all tracks I know that wouldn t be too tragic as all files are still there It s just a shame to lose the playlists play count etc stuff like that Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:iTunes - Problem with moved library

Try this:

1. Copy the Artists file to your external hard drive.
2. Paste it and overwrite the empty (you might want to empty it out before yo u do this to save HD space) Artist folder.
3. Launch iTunes.
4. File > Add to Library (not Import)
5. Go into Artists and highlight all of them
6. Hit ok and wait.

That might work : )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-problem-with-moved-library.637425/