Windows Support Forum

Having issues connecting a server to network

Q: Having issues connecting a server to network

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Having issues connecting a server to network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Having with server issues my to my network connecting Server a Having issues connecting to my network with my server custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that connects Having issues connecting to my network with my server to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a port switch The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting to my network with my server

Did you make sure your Ethernet card has the correct IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-issues-connecting-to-my-network-with-my-server.1110855/
Relevancy 65.36%

hiya im feeling a little despondent right now having failed miserably for the last days trying to get this game to work its world of warcraft ive read loads of posts on other peoples problems about logging in but fortunately i have a different problem lucky me unfortunately im a poor student which means i cant afford the quid a year connection charge to the blizzard servers this points me in the direction of the private ones i can run the game i type in the account and password it says success then promptly leaves me in a loop trying to log into the server so ive looked at the server statistics to check the population isnt at max in some circumstances i think it couldve been but ive created accounts and tried logging into different consecutive servers at different times of day all of the them put me into a loop so im doubting that as a cause ive tried switching off my firewall but the fact that i can log into it and comes up with the correct server name suggests it can read it ok i can ping it aswell which suggests a connection i am behind an isp s firewall but as i can ping the site i guess thats ok thats about as far as my knowledge goes if anyone has any issues Having server... to a connecting ideas as to what Having issues connecting to a server... i can do other than pay every month wish i could id be very grateful for the assistance many thanks mark nbsp

A:Having issues connecting to a server...

for private servers you usually have to install a "patch" or something of the sort. I did private servers with Lineage 2 for a little while and I enjoyed the lack of cost.

Not to be an a hole here but if you vouldn't afford to play the game you really shouldn't have bought it in the first place. You coulda gone with Guild Wars cause there isn't a p2p fee with that. But I have yet to try WoW due to the money so i can't tell you how much better it is.

Check around the private servers website they must have forums or something there they will be more likely to help you. Also they may suck at doign it so you could try another private server as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-issues-connecting-to-a-server.395981/
Relevancy 64.07%

Please Help!
I'm trying to add a new computer into our small office LAN using Windows 2000 server. From the new computer, I can ping the server, but the server can't ping the new computer. I have other computers/server able to view each other & share files by using the NetBEUI Protocol. I guess my question is, "How do I get the server to recognize the ip address for the new computer and let me log on as an existing user?" I'd appreciate any advice.

Another thing, I tried logging in on the new machine as an existing user on our LAN, and it was almost like I was a temp user or guest. I had to re-map network drives every time, but I could see the server files. I just want to be able to log in and have the drives mapped automatically.

A:issues connecting to Windows 2000 server

NetBEUI is not a routable protocol. You need TCP/IP as your network protocol and all computers have to be part of the same IP network and subnet..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-connecting-to-windows-2000-server.451859/
Relevancy 64.07%

how do i see the macintosh machines from my nt server? i can see the server from the macs. Please be very specific and detailed!!!! there is no apple talk protocol in my protocols, and i have installed services for macintosh 32 times!!!

A:win nt 4.0 server connecting to mac network

Greetings

Do your MAC machines use AppleTalk? If so, then you will need to install AppleTalk the protocol on the Server.

Open up the networking Applet in Control panel. Go to the protocols tab, and click on the "Add" button. From the list, somewhere will be AppleTalk. Select it. You might be asked now for your NT server CD. Make sure the Cd is in the CD-ROM. After installation, reboot. You should also rerun the service pack.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-nt-4-0-server-connecting-to-mac-network.28521/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am running Windows XP ( this is a work computer) and I am getting the following message when I try to connect to a shared drive.

Error occured while reconnecting to G. Microsoft Windows Network: Local device name already in use. Connection has not been restored.

I could view this drive a few days ago, and now it just stopped working. I can see the drive on my computer when I go to explorer, but When I try to click on it to see it's contents I get the above message.

I ran the computer in safe mode, and I have all my applications. I can view all the files in safe mode, and I can access the shared drive.

Any help would be very appreciated.

THanks

A:Error message when connecting to a network(server) drive

From a Command Prompt type: Net Use

It will list all drives connected. Type Net Use /?

For command sytnax and disconnect the drive and then reconnet to it.

Using /DELETE, /PERSISTENT:YES

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-when-connecting-to-a-network-server-drive.227942/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have a small office network of computers I have just added the th computer running windows home premium to the network and having a few problems We are running sage accounts system and i cant connect to the main computer that is acting as the hub which runs network on to issues. connecting pc another of windows xp to acces the sage data The main computer is visible on the network along with connecting to another pc on network issues. all other computers on the network connecting to another pc on network issues. but i cannot connect to it when i click on it a box appears titles windows security it asks me to enter network password and says below enter your network password to connect to cornwall- aae which is the name for the hub pc i type in the username and password for that computer and press ok and nothing happens the box flashes and remains the same as if stuck in a continual loop i have tried various combinations of usernames and passwords including using the computer name as a username and none work i have played around with the settings changing workgroups and network names etc to match the hub pc and none work either i have disabled and enabled password protected sharing etc and none of this works either i seem to have tried everything and also tried matching the settings so that it is the same to another pc on the network running windows also but still makes no difference im running out of ideas and puling my hair out with frustration someone please help thanks maybe someone could remote assist me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-another-pc-on-network-issues.977065/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all Wireless to Network Connecting Issues I ve searched around the forum trying to find an issue similar to mine and didn t seem to find anything so hopefully I m not posting a repeat Two weeks ago I purchased an Asus G Connecting to Wireless Network Issues VW from Best Buy here s a link Connecting to Wireless Network Issues to the item s page http www bestbuy com site Asus - amp skuId amp st asus g amp cp amp lp So I wasn t having any issues until I came back to my apartment from visiting my parents over the weekend but when I returned I noticed that my wireless connection would drop internet not network connection and then re-establish it rather quickly Progressively it began to drop more and more often I tried a system restore to a week beforehand and I then could not get any internet connection I undid that system restore and now I cannot connect to the internet at all but still connect to the network Also I plugged the ethernet cable directly from the modem to the computer and I cannot get internet access from that My older laptop my xbox and my roommate s laptop are not experiencing any of these problems which leads me to believe it is an issue with my computer For what it s worth however I have a Linksys E router I sent an email to Asus Technical support but I m pretty upset that a brand new laptop is having these issues so I was hoping I could get some help here Any bit would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I was wondering if someone would be able to help me I have fairly recently purchased a Brother wireless printer and I connected it wirelessly to computers in the house through my Livebox router This was successful and all computers were able to print However on one particular PC over PC printer network wireless to connecting Issues I have recently realised it will not print any more through that printer I therefore tried to reinstall the printer on the computer and connect it up again but this hasn t been possible I often get error messages in this process which state something along the lines of that it cannot connect or there isn t a wireless connection between the PC and printer Both other PCs in the house allow me to print I have been in contact with Brother technical Issues connecting PC to wireless printer over network support and they haven t been able to help What they did tell me to do though was to ping the printer from my quot faulty quot PC and I received quot request time Issues connecting PC to wireless printer over network out quot messages Apparently both my computer and printer are on the same subnet Also my quot faulty PC quot does have fully functioning wireless internet Entering my printer IP address into my web browser dosen t bring anything up either I have completely disabled my Windows firewall and temporarily disabling my AV firewall doesn t help either I am completely perplexed about this so I would very much appreciate some help in trying to connect my printer back again to this PC Thank you very much whateverg nbsp Issues connecting PC to wireless printer over network

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
My Internet connection is working fine. I am able to open all other sites but  my VPN page does not open. I get a page cannot be displayed message. I am using IE11 and Windows 8.1 64 bit OS.
I faced this issue earlier but by disabling my Anti-Virus and then enabling after logging to VPN worked but this time even this is failing. I am using Norton Security Suite version 21.7.0.11.
This is critical so can someone please suggest what could be causing this issue.
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/52a19095-48e2-445c-baa1-3c23da9a3374/issues-in-connecting-to-vpn-using-juniper-network-connect-740?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

Basic issue I can connect to a certain wifi network with no issues until the computer goes to sleep or restarts existing Issues to WiFi open re-connecting network then I randomly have issues connecting I am Issues re-connecting to existing open WiFi network currently deployed At my location we have wifi with many access points scattered around the base All are the Issues re-connecting to existing open WiFi network same name My issue is that in the last week or so I put my computer to sleep or restart it and suddenly I will be unable to connect to the very same network that was just working fine I have wifi on my phone and it works fine at these times also my roommate can connect with no issues The issue can only be resolved by doing a system restore What I have tried -restarting no help -removing the wireless network and reconnecting no help -removing the wireless network and also completely uninstalling the drivers to my wifi card no help -powering down just the wifi device with the off switch -deleting my homegroup and making a new one -releasing renewing IP no effect -doing an infinite combination of the above steps My computer will quot connect quot to the network but will be with quot limited access quot that is to say no internet access The only way to resolve this seems to be to do a system restore to or earlier I have disabled windows updates so nothing gets installed after I restore I m not changing anything that I can think of after the restore The only trigger seems to be my computer going to sleep waking it up and then bam dead internet Or I restart for something and then I am also screwed My options at a deployed location are somewhat limited I don t have my system images or windows discs with me so a complete reinstall is out and no desirable anyways Any advice on what I can check next Or maybe what to try next time it inevitably happens Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Issues re-connecting to existing open WiFi network

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-re-connecting-to-existing-open-wifi-network.1050230/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have a Dell Studio running on Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit I recently installed a fresh copy and wireless was working fine before I am able to connect to Internet via ethernet cord but no luck connecting to my wireless When I open the network amp sharing center my laptop detects no devices whatsoever When I run the diagnostic it says I need to ensure that I have the proper hardware and drivers installed Of course I did not physically With Connecting Controller Missing Network To Issues Wireless, alter my laptop so where is my wireless network adapter I have installed all the latest Windows Vista updates and have installed all necessary drivers from the dell website for my Studio In device manager my network controller is called Broadcom Gigabit Netlink Controller and I have updated the driver for that as well I have a yellow exclamation next to network controller In properties it is completely unidentified regarding manufacturer etc I'm at a total loss on what to do next

A:Issues With Connecting To Wireless, Missing Network Controller

Hello, and Welcome to BC

Right click the Network Controller with the yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595967/issues-with-connecting-to-wireless-missing-network-controller/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have a fairly new Toshiba Satellite P laptop and just started having an issue connecting to my Netgear wireless internet network since yesterday The issue is that every time I turn on my laptop after it was off or wireless Issues network to Toshiba connecting laptop hibernated my computer won t connect to my wireless network but I do see it available to connect to When I try to connect it won t work unless I reset or unplug the router and plug it in again Windows Diagnostic Tool says check router access points Once I do that and wait a couple minutes I can connect to my network again I have a Realtek RTL CE Wireless card and made sure my drivers were up to date I have tried unchecking the option under Device Manager Issues connecting Toshiba laptop to wireless network to not use it if the battery is low and that didn t work I also tried to system restore and when I did that I got the following error xc which says an unspecified error occurred and my files and settings were not changed I have AVG Free and haven t made any new changes or updates recently I called Toshiba and they said my phone service has expired so I m hoping to get some help here before having to spend for them to look at it I have run ipconfig all both when the internet isn t working and after I have done a hard reset and had it working I have posted the results below Thanks in advance for any help iPCONFIG - when Internet not working Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reser C Users TJ gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TJ-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sd cox net Description Realtek PCIe FE Fami Physical Address DC- E-A - B-E - DHCP Issues connecting Toshiba laptop to wireless network Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wi I-E NIC Physical Address - - -A -CB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap sd cox net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Ada Physical Address - - - - - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EB F-CBA - ACD-B - B A AB E br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Microsoft ISATAP Ada br Physical Address - - - - - - br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br Tunnel adapter TO Adapter br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Microsoft to Adapt br Physical Address - - - - - - br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Teredo Tunneling Pse br Physical Address - - - - - - br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br br IPCONFIG - router reset internet working br br Microsoft Windows Version br Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reser br br C Users TJ gt ipconfig all br br Windows IP Configuration br br Host Name TJ-PC br Primary Dns Suffix br Node Type Hybrid br IP Routing Enabled No br WINS Proxy Enabled No br br Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix sd cox net br Description Realtek PCIe FE Fami br Physical Address DC- E-A - B-E - br DHCP Enabled Yes br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection br br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Realtek RTL CE Wi br I-E NIC br Physical Address - - -A -CB- br DHCP Enabled Yes br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br Link-local IPv Address fe c a cd afb br IPv Address Preferre br Subnet Mask br Lease Obtained Monday October br Lease Expires Tuesday Oct... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-connecting-toshiba-laptop-to-wireless-network.1073692/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am running Win7 Pro 64 bit on my desktop computer which is hardwired to my network. I have a Kindle Fire and whenever I try to browse across the network and access the Win7, I can see it but I cannot open it. I always get a bad path or general login failure message on the Fire. I can browse to and access the Win7 from any other computer on the network so the problem seems to be with the Kindle-Win7 interface. The Kindle has no trouble whatsoever browsing to and accessing a computer running XP Pro 32bit that is wirelessly connected to the network. I've tried several different file management apps on the Kindle and I have to admit I'm stumped. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of bug in 7, the Kindle OS, or both. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402659-issues-connecting-win7-computer-across-network-kindle-fire.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a wireless xbox networking adaptor, and the blueray player has built in wireless. Now, whenever I try to connect one of the devices, it see my physical connection, but it give me problems connecting. I get an error message, saying its unable to connect. When I try connecting it gives me the name of the wifi in my home, and allows to type in the password but it doesn't allow me to connect. I don't know if its the settings on my wireless but it allows me to connect my ipod, and all laptops in my home (4 of them). I have an ethernet cord, but the wireless router is in the basement, and too far away from my xbox.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

A:Network connecting issues with Xbox 360 and Internet Blueray player

can you post the ipconfig /all from one of the working laptops and then also post the xbox settings and also the bluray settings

What type od security do you have on the router - try removing that and see if you connect with no security as a test - if so then we can see if we can get the security to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connecting-issues-with-xbox-360-and-internet-blueray-player.970773/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I'm having some network issues. Google drive is saying it can't connect to the internet, but my browsers and email work. I've tried doing some simple troubleshooting (unplugging router, pinging IP, disabling firewall) but it's still unable to connect. I am a small business manager. I use the Google Drive to sync files from this computer to the adjacent working computer (the adjacent computer's Google Drive does work and sync). It's also Windows 7.

A:Network Issues / Google Drive not connecting / BROWSERS WORK

Closing dup. Thanks, ashleybotts, for bringing it to my attention. Continue here.

For future reference, you can click on "Report" to request us to move your thread if you change your mind about which forum you prefer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-issues-google-drive-not-connecting-browsers-work.1111760/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,

My laptop connects to my home wireless network without any issues but whenever I try going online via Firefox/IE, I get a message saying "unable to connect, problem loading page". My other wireless devices can all connect to the internet without any issues so the problem is isolated to this one laptop.

I've gone into the command prompt to check the ipconfig /all information and the IP addresses, DNS info, and gateways all check out. I can ping google.com successfully from the problematic laptop. I've tried to reboot in Safe Mode with Networking and the internet works in that instance. So I believe there's something running upon normal startup that's preventing me from accessing the internet through my browser. But I have no idea where to start.

The problematic laptop is running WIndows XP (SP2). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop can connect to wireless network but has issues connecting to the Internet

First thing you should do, IMO...install SP3 and all the critical updates that have been disseminated since SP3. Then... Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post. Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link. Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497855/laptop-can-connect-to-wireless-network-but-has-issues-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I'm having some network issues. Google drive is saying it can't connect to the internet, but my browsers and email work. I've tried doing some simple troubleshooting (unplugging router, pinging IP, disabling firewall) but it's still unable to connect. I am a small business manager. I use the Google Drive to sync files from this computer to the adjacent working computer (the adjacent computer's Google Drive does work and sync). It's also Windows 7.

This is a computer with direct ethernet cable

PS. I also posted in the Windows 7 forum yesterday, I didn't see a networking forum until now. Mods please delete whichever one you see fit, sorry.

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a network using Windows 7 Pro and Windows XP Pro Machines. I just built a new server with Windows 7 Pro with a Gigabit network. 1 server (7 Pro) 3 machines (7 Pro) 2 machines (XP Pro). Windows sharing on network on server. DHCP IP for network. I keep loosing the network connection to shared server file. I can ping the server from every machine with no problem. I can not browse to the network or use UNC format from run command to see the server. I can reboot the server and everything is working again. Does Windows 7 have a limit to concurrent connections? And is the server releasing the connections. Every person and shared file has admin rights to read and right to server. ANY THOUGHTS. Thanks JC

A:Windows 7 Network server issues

Have you tried using static IPs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57083-windows-7-network-server-issues.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey I am trying to remove our network s dependency on a Server file system that we used primarily for backing up user files I wasn t here issues network Server 2000 when the system was installed but I ve found that the server also controlled internet access to the network as well Since we don t need this service anymore we ve decided to remove the server from the network when we got new Server 2000 network issues computers for everyone The problem I am having is that all the computers that have XP installed on them still can get onto the internet when the server has been turned off but every computer with Vista installed on them won t connect to the internet under the same conditions I know it has something to do with the server because when I turn the server back on internet access is restored to the Vista computers I didn t know which OS thread to post under but since I m hoping that all I need to do is reconfigure the Vista computers I placed it in this forum Edit I also wanted to add that the quot server quot we currently have is not the original server just a plain dell tower like the previous and that the Server software says that there is another server on the network though there isn t but is still in control of internet access for the said Vista machines I appreciate any help that can be given Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-network-issues.784579/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi i have a e-machine EL1200-6H that i am converting from Vista home to WHS and all is fine but the NVIDIA NForce Networking Controller and i tried to find the compatible drivers online and had no success. If you know more of the compatibility of the network adapter pls let me know if ther is a way to fix.

P.S. its a on board adapter

A:Windows Home Server Network Connector Issues PLS HELP!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-home-server-network-connector-issues-pls-help.862016/
Relevancy 56.76%

im havin an issue with streaming media over my att u-verse router,ive tried everything,it keeps disconnecting when it gets a media server error.anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-hving-dlna-media-server-issues-for-ps3-on-network.1111006/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello and thanks for 2008 network Windows Datacenter issues 64-bit server looking in to this I recently bought a new computer to use for all sorts of hosting Specs are following Intel Quad GHz gb RAM tb harddrive Windows Home premium bit fibre ethernet cable So after using it for hosting for a while I realized that I could need Remote Desktop Connection RDC for other people Windows server 2008 Datacenter 64-bit network issues using it I couldn t get it to work so I looked it up Apparently the version of windows I had doesn t support it so I Windows server 2008 Datacenter 64-bit network issues decided to try the evaluation version of Windows Server Datacenter -bit I managed to dual boot it along with just fine but problems started revealing themselves quickly upon startup The first thing I saw in the quot initial configuration tasks quot was quot Network adapters None detected quot I tried reconnecting my cable to the computer with no success I also tried quot add new hardware quot through control panel to add network adapters with no success The adapters shows up as faulty due to being unable to load drivers Out of my arena of knowledge I can t do so much more about this issue But I need windows server datacenter up and running My question is can anyone help me or guide me step by step for setting up any network connection at all I m available through msn phone skype or these forums Although skype or phone is prefered Thank you ever so much -Adrian nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Users have intermittent connectivity to shared folder if they use \\computername\folder, sometimes they can not access it sometimes they can but only see a few folders. However if they use \\computername\root\folder they do not have a problem. We are working
across subnets as our home office is in NC and we are in IA. I have asked our head IT guys what the reason for this is and even they are not aware of the issues. Of course they are on the subnet that we are trying to access from our site.
If someone could please explain why we have to use root in between to get this to work it would be a great help.
And yes at some point access the folders via \\domain\folder worked just fine, but it is hit or miss.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6b87d3e-c062-4505-9928-97df97216665/network-share-folder-issues-windows-7-to-server-2008?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey,

All of our computers at work have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and are connected through Server 2008. One computer, which I recently imaged and deployed, is having an issue connecting to network folders. The strange thing is that all networked drives are set for access through group policy. The computer in question is able to access allowed folders but, when I go to the main computer screen, instead of seeing Network on the left hand sidebar, I see Computers and Devices. Also, the machine will not allow anyone, even administrators, to map a network drive. The user also cannot access files from links in emails - i.e. drive:\folder\file. I'm wondering if there is some glitch in the policy or should I just re-image the machine. My boss wants to avoid the re-imaging but, even going through Network Troubleshooting, we can't seem to locate the problem.

A:Network access issues on Server 2008 with Windows 7 and group policy

Maybe there's something within the registry that's keeping the user from accessing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311729-network-access-issues-server-2008-windows-7-group-policy.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all I m not sure if this is an operating system question or more of a software development question Anyway I have a legacy COM service a COM server 2003 Server execution Windows - connecting when on service DCOM "Server failed" that runs as a windows service that was written for Windows NT I have managed to use the service on both Windows and Windows XP unchanged However I now wish to run the service on a Windows Server machine and I can t seem to DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting get it to work This is what happens - Install the service and set it to log on using a domain account Start the service from the services msc applet Start the client application and connect to the service At this stagte the client applicaiton freezes for approximately seconds and DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting then returns with the error message quot Server execution failed quot I ve also tried using the client whilst the service is stopped In this case when I connect the service is started but I get the same error The development team also provided a standalone application that hosts the exact same COM objects mainly for debugging purposes If I use the standalone application everything works fine Its all very strange Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be And preferably a solution Thanks Kep nbsp

A:DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting

I found the answer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...-DC48AB0DA5C9&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

The above discussion says that a service must enter a running state before a COM server calls CoRergisterClassObject. So I guess its a development problem.

Not sure why it only manifests on Windows Server 2003 though.

Kep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-service-on-windows-server-2003-server-execution-failed-when-connecting.695005/
Relevancy 49.02%

Can any one suggest me Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

Operating System if possible XP otherwise Windows 2000 Server
Thankssss a lot in advance

A:Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

1. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network File Server).
2. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.
3. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network Print Server).
4. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-network-file-server-and-network-print-server.1054988/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm having issues connecting to a secure wireless network. Network key is definitely correct. I'm running Windows XP...and using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. Things are set to acquire address automatically. When I try to connect though, I get stuck on "acquiring network address"

I've never had issues connecting to any other wireless network before, and am fairly confident this is not a hardware issue.

I'm really not technical...so I don't even know where to start wrt troubleshooting...or what other info to provide here.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Trouble connecting to wireless network...can't acquire network address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network-cant-acquire-network-address.837022/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 47.3%

So i'm having an issue connecting my desktop to my home network for file sharing. My Desktop is connected to the internet like so: Desktop ->(Ethernet cable)-> Uverse 2wire router -> Internet.

I have no issues with my internet connection, and in fact I am posting this from my desktop now. Windows Network Diagnostics finds no issues when I run the trouble shooter. and when I try to connect to a home group it refers me to the network issue.

This issue has plagued me for about 6 months now. I have talked to Uverse tech support, and many of my friends who are into computers and have gotten no answers. Computer is running windows 7 SP1 and again the router is the Uverse 2wire router

How can I make my desktop available for network sharing?

Also here is a screenshot of the network map according to this computer

A:Network Sharing Problem. Connecting Desktop to home network

Have you set up a home network? What is the workgroup name? Are there any passwords of any kind? Have you set your shared settings on each PC in the workgroup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207840-network-sharing-problem-connecting-desktop-home-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Guys,

Is there a way via scipting to force a pc to refresh their local printer
settings from the print server ? We have enabled Duplexing as the default for
printing ( conserve that paper ! ) for our HP Laserjet printers on the
Print Server, but if a user goes on their local printer settings and unchecks
duplexing, it will not re-pull that device setting from the print server
unless you delete and then re-add the printer on the local machine. Is there
a way to have the printer settings pulled from the server without have to
delete and then readd the locally installed network printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forcing-a-refresh-of-network-printer-settings-from-print-server-server.600852/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am looking to connect a laptop running vista to a network printer. The printer is connected to my desktop running XP. My laptop with xp has no problem printing to it. I cant seem to get the vista laptop to work. When i attempt to add the printer to the vista laptop..it seems to identify it, but it's connection is denied. Is this a firewall issue? Is this a driver issue?

I also can't seem to connect this vista laptop to the network for file sharing etc. Maybe the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Connecting Vista Laptop to network and network printer

have a read here
PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006/12/windows-xp-and-vista-on-lan-together.html

and here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/664992-print-vista-laptop-shared-printer.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-vista-laptop-to-network-and-network-printer.953766/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to connect a Canon ImageClass MF copier printer scanner fax to our network It is attached to one computer via MF7470) Network (Canon Scanner to Connecting Network USB and functions properly as a copier printer - shared among the other computers The scanner is not detected by any computer when only connected via USB From Canon I received this info quot The MF is not a USB scanner it will only scan over a network so you would need to connect the Connecting Network Scanner (Canon MF7470) to Network MF to your network via a network cable once the printer has an ip address then connect to it using the Color Network Scangear once connected exit the scan gear tool press the scan button on the MF and then press online Once the scanner is online then open your scanning application on the computer and perform the scan from that software program quot I connected the MF Connecting Network Scanner (Canon MF7470) to Network via cable to our Netgear Desktop Switch thinking this was the network However it was still not detected by the Color Network Scangear From Netgear I received this info quot Regarding your concern please note that the NETGEAR FS switch is a normal fast ethernet switch that does not have any software driver or utility to be installed on the computer It is neither a DHCP server nor acquire an IP address from any of the DHCP server It just convey the data traffic from one source of network to the destination Please get in touch with your DHCP server or router technical support if you have any query related to the IP address or you can also get in touch with Canon technical support in order to install configure your printer quot So I realize that I m not connecting it to the network through the switch Can someone please advise what I am supposed to connect the Canon MF to in order to get it on the network or is it not possible with what I have Other options that I have are Linksys Wireless Router SonicWall Firewall Security Device Our Server which doesn t have any cable ports available Thank you for taking the time and I appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Connecting Network Scanner (Canon MF7470) to Network

How about describing your current network so that we know with what we are dealing. One way is to start with your internet access provider, pretend that "the internet" is water flowing from your ISP to your computers, and tell us about its journey. If I were to do that I'd say that it "flows" through a Motorola SB5101 modem to a Belkin F5D7230-4 with the WAP disabled to a D-Link DIR-615 configured as an ethernet switch and WAP and then to computers, all-in-one and camera via ethernet and Wi-Fi. (Of course, if I were really trying to make somebody understand I'd not string it all together in that format.) If you have a diagram (see attached) that could also help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-network-scanner-canon-mf7470-to-network.965631/
Relevancy 46.87%

Nevermind Ok somehow it fixed address... acquiring - stopped still Network connecting network when i reentered the WEP or Network stopped connecting - still acquiring network address... WPA key though i had done this before and the reason for it stoping in the first place was non Network stopped connecting - still acquiring network address... existant anyway thank you for giving me somewhere to type somethign while i stressed I didn t even restart the computer I went out while burning a dvd came back to collect the dvd and noticed the internet had shut off thought my dad may have shut off the internet or pluged the ethernet cable straight into the pc downstairs instead of the router Came back later and realised it was just saying acquiring network address Windows XP SP Actiontec GT -WRU router Actiontec UIG- card on my PC At the moment om on my laptop Norton My PC has ZoneAlarm free Downstairs PC has Norton Attempts I have pressed the repair button on the wireless connection window it said quot windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Disbling the wireless network adapter Make sure your network adapter is properly installed quot Run gt cmd gt ipconfig release quot IP address for adapter Wireless Network Connection has already been released quot Run gt cmd gt ipconfig renew quot an error occured while renewing interface wireless network connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot Uninstalled the driver for the wireless card by going to safely remove but clicking on the properties and going to the driver tab then uninstalled On restart it reinstalled itself I left it plugged in There were a few things in event viewer that may be related If you want me to post them I can The results of Run gt cmd gt ipconfig Host Name eve Primary Dns Suffix Node Type unknown IP routing enabled no WINS Proxy Enabled no Ethernet adapter Wireless network connection Connection-specific DNS suffix Description Actiontec Mbps USB Wireless Adapter Physical Address Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfigurtation Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I ve already lost over a day in training on eve online And i m down on the Savage Leaderboard Therefore this is of utmost urgency Thank you very much in advance happy sunday nbsp

A:Network stopped connecting - still acquiring network address...

Glad you fixed your problem.

Just a comment...
When troubleshooting your wireless problem, you summarized the actions you took.

Maybe you just didn't mention doing it, but as a very first thing to do: I find it often helpful during wireless problems to grab a network cable and run wired connection between the computer and router to see (1) if that connection is working (2) see what might be going on in the router and its current status

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-stopped-connecting-still-acquiring-network-address.97311/
Relevancy 46.87%

So im at a complete loss Very strange / problem network to connecting drives network. here I have a windows pro x computer that out of the blue stopped connecting to its network drives I tried a few things like flushing the dns re-registering new IP finally I decided to rejoin it to the domain big mistake The computer couldn't contact the domain controller even though all the info was correct I ended up doing a restore to the week prior updated the NIC drivers and everything seemed to be working The following day it happened again I tried the same few fixes and the solution this time was to uninstall all the hidden devices under the network adapter after a reboot Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network. I got into the drives just fine Now everytime the user shuts his computer down he gets this same problem My boss ran into the same problem on another machine the other day so Im hesitant to restore I would prefer a fix in case this shows up again The computer can get online and use our email through outlook but network resources are all gone The machine can also ping all of the servers but wont connect with xxx xxx xxx xxx IP or servername share even with credentials entered Ive looked all over with no success

A:Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If it's now happening to another computer, I'd unplug the router and switch(es) for 20 to 30 seconds. Also, check on your computer's Security or Firewall programs installed, make sure that they are up to date and not blocking the ports and network resources. You may try disabling the program(s) temporarily for debugging purpose.

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301265-very-strange-problem-connecting-network-drives-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Everyone,

I am probably in the wrong place for my related question but i thought i would give it a shot. I have three server a dc, iis , and sql server. I am trying to connect my iis 8 server to sql server. I am not sure how i would go about doing that. I know there is it easier if i have them on the same box but i have them in different servers. Does anyone know how i can go about connecting them?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62540-connecting-sql-server-box-my-iis-8-box.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just created a new VPN server by some tutorial on the internet.
And I want to join my VPN server through another computer. I have created users for the VPN server but after going through the network setup wizard, what do I type in the "Host-name or IP Address field" ?

A:Connecting to a VPN server

That depends on your VPN application/appliance. Typically, it is the IP address and host name of the server you want to work with. Its instruction manual should tell you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-vpn-server.850242/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello

I need to connect to a DNS Server over the internet. I have tried setting the DNS as the server IP but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this. The server is running Server 2008.

A:Connecting to DNS Server

I can't help with your DNS issue but if I were you I would remove your MSN and Email links ASAP or you could get a lot of Spam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-dns-server.1009879/
Relevancy 46.87%

I know the name and ip of the server, how do you connect to it?

A:Connecting to CS:S Server

my games > Counter Strike Source > when it comes up, select Servers > Favorites > add server > paste the IP > join it.

or, open up the game, go to Options, go to the keyboard tab, click advanced, check "enable developer console" and then hit ` (~). this will bring up the console. type "connect [the ip you ahve]" without the " or [].

ex.: connect 66.225.195.58:27015

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-cs-s-server.425146/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a wired and wireless network in my office. The main server is wired connection for security reasons. I recently replaced my laptop with a desktop and have wireless connection to it. I would like to access my server computer which is in the adjacent room through my wireless desktop. I do have a router in the room I work but do not know what exactly it does...so in a nutshell...I have no idea about all the wires running from the router ..so please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-the-server.1120454/
Relevancy 46.87%

We have a server set up in our house, and all the computers are connected to it except for mine. Even the laptop can wirelessly connect, but my desktop cannot when using the wireless connection. We have an MSSQL Server on the InfrantReadyNAS through AdvancePro, a separate little hard drive/server hooked up to our main PC. This is an internet-based server, and my desktop has wireless internet connection. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 46.87%

Still trying to get this XP pro SP to connect to or log into the server a not connecting Pro server XP to Windows jobber I get the pop up that says unable to access the server may be a permissions issue I XP Pro not connecting to server am administrator on both though and it should not XP Pro not connecting to server be an issue plus I can ping each machine from the other The XP machine does not show up in the network on the server though The server shows up on the XP but then will not allow me to log into it I changed all user names and pass codes on all the machines to be the same and it cleared up a number of issues except this one Thank you TechSupport for the help The network name on the server is Network and on another machine the network is named Network This XP machine used to connect to the server without issues My server guy moved away and well I am just not that savy on Server Any ideas I read the thread on the Plesbit network but not sure I understand his issues Seems similar to mine though

A:XP Pro not connecting to server

Moving thread to Networking Forum for better results.
Is the server a Domain Controller with AD? What is the computer name for 2008 Server? Is it listed as part of a Domain, or is it a Workgroup? If a Workgroup, have you renamed all the computers on the network to the same Workgroup? Make sure Network Discovery is turned on for the Server. Make sure Simple File sharing is started on XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/xp-pro-not-connecting-to-server-656682.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have posted before about months or so issues roxio 8 issues busy), removal (server plus also Nero ago but I am still having problems getting rid of Roxio creative suite from my computer When I run programs like spyware blaster and a MP converter program I get the loading screen for roxio saying it is going to load and then it Nero 8 issues (server busy), plus roxio removal issues also fails It is really a pain to always have to deal with Plus as of recently I am unable to load Nero fully on my computer without errors I tried the demo but when I uninstalled it and tried to load Nero again it would not work there are some files missing I guess like DXbridge Audio wave effects and one other one I tried another install of Nero and omitted the wave editor and some other features and it did load but now I get a server busy error switch to or retry when I try to make a cd dvd I can press retry multiple times and it will work but not without the the hastle Please can someone help me I have attached my hijackthis and dss log I tried attaching the extra txt log but it seems to fail Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Shawn on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Shawn exe ----------------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack Nero 8 issues (server busy), plus roxio removal issues also MSIE Internet Explorer Nero 8 issues (server busy), plus roxio removal issues also Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsgk exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSMA EXE C Program Files Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSMB EXE C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FCH EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsqh exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files Shaw Secure FSAUA program fsaua exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fssm exe C Program Files Shaw Secure FWES program fsdfwd exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Shaw Secure FSAUA program fsus exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSM EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Shaw Secure FSGUI fsguidll exe C Program Files BinarySense HDDlife HDDlifePro exe C Program Files Shaw Secure Anti-Virus fsav exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Shawn Desktop Unused Desktop Shortcuts dss exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Shawn exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run F-Secure TNB quot C Program Files Shaw Secure FSGUI TNBUtil exe quot CHECKALL WAITFORSW O - HKLM Run F-Secure Manager quot C Program Files Shaw Secure Common FSM EXE quot splash ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/nero-8-issues-server-busy-plus-roxio-removal-issues-also-222994.html
Relevancy 46.87%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running Windows 8.1 RTM (with all updates as of 10/3/13). I have an unRAID server in my local workgroup at home, which was connectable fine when my machine was Windows 7. Now it appears to have some issues.

If I browse to \\HADES (the machine name) it fails saying it "Windows could not find \\Hades"
If I browse to \\10.x.x.x (the machine IP) it works fine
The first week I was still able to get to Microsoft Internet Information Services 8 to access to UI to unRAID, now that is failing unless I use Microsoft Internet Information Services 8.

My unRAID server is a static IP
My Windows 8.1 server is a static IP
My router is Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I

I tried modifying my host file just adding a "10.x.x.x HADES" line but that didn't work.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, I am totally lost.

A:Connecting to server issue

Originally Posted by wickedathletes

I am running Windows 8.1 RTM (with all updates as of 10/3/13). I have an unRAID server in my local workgroup at home, which was connectable fine when my machine was Windows 7. Now it appears to have some issues.

If I browse to \\HADES (the machine name) it fails saying it "Windows could not find \\Hades"
If I browse to \\10.x.x.x (the machine IP) it works fine
The first week I was still able to get to Microsoft Internet Information Services 8 to access to UI to unRAID, now that is failing unless I use Microsoft Internet Information Services 8.

My unRAID server is a static IP
My Windows 8.1 server is a static IP
My router is Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I

I tried modifying my host file just adding a "10.x.x.x HADES" line but that didn't work.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, I am totally lost.

Is there a DNS server at all on the network? using the HOSTS file isn't always reliable.

Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32334-connecting-server-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Novell 3.1.4 server that was used as a print server as well as a host for legacy programs, and I was trying to get my computer to connect to it. In the browse feature on Windows XP, it shows only windows networks but no Novell networks on my LAN. Is there something that I need to download to get it to see the network?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone,

I live in China and I play some online video games with my son, who lives in the US. We hardly see each other so it's really just what we like to do... I have always had a very poor internet connection here in China because I connect to a US game server. I have constant disconnects and all of the like. I have a few friends who use VPN or a Proxy or something like that which connects them to the US first and then connects them to the US server, thus ensuring a much faster internet, at least that's what they tell me.

Is this a viable suggestion? Will this fix my internet so I can play with my son? And furthermore, if so, can anyone recommend me one?

Thank you all so much!

Chaoyang

A:Connecting to a US server from China

Line quality issues can NEVER be solved with a VPN or proxy as you are still riding over the same circuit pathways to get to the destination server. But again this depends on where the instability is occuring and if you will always be routed through that pathway. You have absolutely no control over this. The one thing you will always be dealing with is physics. You are in China trying to access servers in the US. The physical distance presents challenges which can never be changed no matter what pathway you use to get there. Now one pathway can probably provide better performance over another but you're not going to get the same performance if you are located in the US reaching the same server. It just won't happen. The only way to help this is if you and the destination server are running a WAN accelerator. Adding a VPN on top of this will exacerbate the problem if the connection you are establishing to the VPN server is even stable enough to support the VPN. Plus you are adding overhead to your connection as a VPN connection requires additional bytes of information which removes from the size of the data payload you are sending through the internet.

In general, people who use VPNs or proxies to reach internet servers are doing so to either 1) bypass network restrictions or 2) trying to obscure their identity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-us-server-from-china.938407/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi folks.
I have an HP PSC 1350 All-in-one. I'm looking to connect to it using a wirelessly printer server.
Can anyone tell my if my printer will work this way or is there a better solution.

Relevancy 46.44%

hi, recently i bought asus motherboard p5k vm.
internet and every other options are working properly (downloading , surfing etc.)
but when i try to play online i wouldnt being able to connect to
any game servers. they r all showing their ping either 0 or 999
plz help

A:game server not connecting

You probably have to open ports. Are you using a router?
What game are you trying to play online?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-server-not-connecting.768117/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello-

I currently have both Mac's and PC's connected to an NT server. The PC's seem to problem free. But, the Mac's can't access anything on the server (though they can talk to each other). Everything was working fine, but when the server was rebooted we got two error messages. The first was Event ID 29 which said that the server was releasing a node acquired on an adapter (presumably something to do with the mac's?) because the connected network is not seeded by any router on the net. The second message was that the server was unable to acquire a node on the same adapter.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm just a beginner, so I'm in a little over my head here.

Thanks,

Ps. The mac's are using AppleTalk to talk (or not talk as the case may be) to the server.

A:connecting mac's to windows nt server (4.0)

hi

I know very little about macs but I recently read that for macs to talk to nt you have to set up there own area? suggest you look up area in mac help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-macs-to-windows-nt-server-4-0.28993/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi People hope you can help with to Connecting Win 2000 Server this one I am trying Connecting to Server Win 2000 to set up a small network at home more as a practice thing for myself but I seem to be having difficulty connecting with one of my PCs I have connected successfully with my WIndows SP machine by using the Network ID wizard and I am now able to logon to the Windows Server via my PC but a more up to date Asus machine with Windows XP Pro SP will not allow me to do this I have tried the same method but all it does is allow me to log on to the PC only It doesn t recognise the server at all I have tried it several times but to no avail I can ping the server and it is recognised and I can see the folders on the server but I cannot log on to it via CTRL ALT and DEL Can anyone hopefully help me identify what I have done wrong I have thought that I may have to alter something on the server but I didn t do that with the Windows Pro ANything is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

My outlook is not connecting to the server and it shows trying to connect and disconnects. Despite the internet strength is high outlook is not getting connected.

Please help to resolve.

Regards,
Anbin

A:MS Outlook not connecting to server

have you checked the settings
with outlook you can do a Test Account Settings

what version of outlook do you have

who is your email provider?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-not-connecting-to-server.1129444/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just built my pc and when I go to the LAN settings in Internet options, the box to use a proxy server keeps getting checked. I believe that connecting to a proxy server causes some of my games to crash or to not work properly but I am not sure if this is the reason.

I have tried many different ways such as unchecking the box, resetting settings to default, checking the automatic detection box, and redownloading the network driver. However, it just keeps conencting to it! It can connect back minutes after I unchecked the box. I uncheck and click ok and check on it 3 minutes later and the proxy server is checked again!!

Is this a malware? ALso, is it possible that connecting to a proxy server could cause some games to not work properly? How do I set it to permanently not connect to a proxy server?

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, this problem has been nagging for almost a year now seriously!, Here's there problem, I'm going through a Zhone 6381-A3-200 DSL Modem/Router and everytime I try to connect to my PC VPN Server at work which is running Windows Vista, my PC at home just hangs at verfiying Username and Password error 628. But here's the frustrating part is I go by my friends hous thats using a cable modem I can connect without any problems. Oh and by the way my connection is set to always on meaning I don't have to keep putting my username and password in and clicking connect everytime I boot-up my pc to connect to the net. PLS HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-connecting-to-a-vpn-server.794351/
Relevancy 46.44%

Here is as much background as I can give for the hardware involved We are a small business and recently purchased a business server running Windows Server from the home office The home office is fine as everything is hardwired on an intranet We are trying to set up our two other locations to this home server All machines are running Windows x OS trying to connect to the Server I ve tried to setup a VPN connection but keep getting error vpn tunneling failed to help remote Connecting a server..need The home server is connected to the internet through a router As I said we Connecting to a remote server..need help are a small company and would like to be able to do this ourselves rather than pay to have it all set up and everything Connecting to a remote server..need help I ve come across on the web says this should be a relatively easy setup Connecting to a remote server..need help What I ve done so far is enabled the remote connectivity roles from the Server Manager on the Server and set the Server up to accept incoming connections We are able to connect to the server via RDC but not via VPN Is VPN our only alternative here I ve looked into putting Win Ultimate on all machines to use Direct Access is that worth it Any and all advice help would be appreciated here and thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connecting to a remote server..need help

I would use VPN endpoint routers/firewalls for any VPN connectivity. Having a server you are using for other tasks as a VPN server is not a good security practice as you must expose the server to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-remote-server-need-help.995848/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a seperate computer I run a minecraft server on. My friends and I have been connecting to it via a VPN (Evolve) and it has been relatively stable. Evolve has been having some stability issues, so I decided to try a different VPN, Hamachi. Something went wrong and the computer lost its ability to connect to the internet. I uninstalled Hamachi and ran a Windows repair of my normal internet, and now my internet is fixed again. However, I went back to Evolve, and now I cannot connect to the minecraft server anymore.

I don't know what is going on or even things to try at this point to see if I can get it fixed again. I removed all the virtual networks from the computer, rebooted, redownloaded Evolve, and reinstalled it. I can ping both ways, Tabletop Simulator can connect correctly through the VPN, but I still can't get the server to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-minecraft-server-via-a-vpn.1142903/
Relevancy 46.44%

At home I have a file server ( Its named Bigred) running windows xp pro. I am using simple file sharing on the network. Windows xp was just installed today with all updates and not much software on it. This computer is not on a domain. On my vista machine or any other computer, I cannot connect to \\bigred\ through explorer, but if I add in a share name \\bigred\photos it works just fine. What the hell is going on and how do I fix it?

A:Problem connecting to xp server

Let's see this for each of the computers on the network.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-xp-server.845538/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey!

I got a FileZilla server running on my Home Server, and want to be able to connect to it from both in the local network and on the internet side. But I cant connect from other places then the server itself. Connected to the server trough Remote Desktop I can use the Local IP and 127.0.0.1 IP and it works with both. But when i try connecting with FileZilla, Firefox and IE on my laptop it wont connect! "Connection times out"

Anyone got ideas?
Thanks in advance...

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I've scouted around and cant find any solutions for this problem.

At our work, we have a shared documents server and also an email server to connect to. For some reason, on one computer only, I cannot connect to either my e-mail or the shared docs. It simply will not accept the credentials (ie my password for my username). It won't accept anyone else credentials either.

I have set up fine on another computer, and on my home computer which is on a different network. I can categorically say that it's a computer problem as the usernames/passwords work fine on every other computer, but this one cannot seem to connect.

Any ideas? I connect to the servers through a shortcut on the desktop, so i think it's the exchange or something I can't connect to.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I would like to connect Connecting server remote to to my work server from home Connecting to remote server I will give some detail and hope some one can point me in the right direction Ok work server is as follows - Windows Server set up as a domain running exchange ADSL broadband connection Home - PC network with a standard HUB Win XP one Windows Me and the rest Linux all internet sharing through the XP machine which is directly connected to the cable internet Equipment at my disposal- Dlink Broadband router ports and one WAN port So how do I do this I want all seven PC s at home to access the internet but the broad band router has ports Can I uplink connect my home Hub to the router and does the Router connect directly to my cable modem How do I find the work server and do I need something like tight VCN to acces it Thanks in advance for your help Michiba nbsp

A:Connecting to remote server

Connect the hub to one of the lan ports on the router.
Remove any of the ICS stuff your currently doing this is no longer needed.
Connect all 7 clients to the remaining lan ports on either the hub or the router depending on proximity the only difference between the 2 links is you have an added point of failure.

Hook up the Cable internet modem to the router as you would any standard home network hookup.

With regards to remote access if you want ALL of your clients at your home to access the server I would definitely suggest a VNC solution you can use RD for a Windows to Windows connection.

On the home side you don't have to do anything but install the client to connect into the VNC but on the work side you have to setup the VNC server and have it listening on whatever port you want it setup on. THen you have to allow all firewalls (both router and software to let throse ports onto thats server (though the router you use port forwarding).

Then to connect in from your home you have to use your works WAN IP in the home VNC clients.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-remote-server.504695/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Two of my clients are having difficulties while uploading files to a FTP server In the middle of the upload it stops they get a timeout even if the file is small This problem doesn t happen all the time I do not have this problem when I connect to the FTP server the server is not on my network since I use shared hosting Here is a tracert WHILE they were having difficulties uploading ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ia-cnnu-bb -ge - - vtl net ms ms ms ia-cnnu-bb -pos - - -cpe vtl net ms ms ms sl-crs Difficulty connecting server to a FTP -chi- - - - sprintlink net ms ms ms sl-st -chi- - - sprintlink net ms ms ms ms ms ms ae- - car Chicago Level net ms ms ms WBS-CONNECT car Chicago Level net ms ms ms ip - - static steadfast net ms ms ms flynbyu nexcess net What is stange it s that when they perform a tracert whitout having FTP connection problem the time on each hop is around times lower Any idea of what the problem can be Difficulty connecting to a FTP server Thanks for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difficulty-connecting-to-a-ftp-server.723842/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've searched the archives and haven't found a solution so here I go Until a few days ago I was using a print server that connecting print to server? was connected via ethernet to my wireless router Everything worked fine and I had XP computers printing to it as well Something happened when a print job was not completed canceled at the printer- HP PSC series and now no one is able to print I've uninstalled the server and reinstalled it using the installation cd and the wizard I can quot see quot the print server in my browser and it indicates the printer is online and ready I disabled the DHCP setting and entered a static ip address However when I try to connecting to print server? connect my win computer to the printer on the server via a local printer connecting through the correct port using the IP address and connecting to print server? can't connect the troubleshooter tells me it cannot resolve the problem Furthermore when I go the next step I get a message that says the printer cannot be contacted over the network I don't know whether this is relevant or not but when I see what computers and devices are on my network using the win computer I can see the other computers but no other devices or the print server Have I missed something Thanks in advance

A:connecting to print server?

Is this a shared printer through your print server?
If you UNC to: \\printservername\
can you see the printer there? If so, can you connect to it that way?

canceled or failed job issues usually mean print spooler is frozen up. If you restart print spooler service, that generally will resolve those issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142612-connecting-print-server.html
Relevancy 46.44%

We have wireless internet and all the other laptops are connecting to the internet, my laptop just connects to the network but in the "network and sharing center" it shows that it is not connecting to the internet. i've tried everything that i can think of.

Relevancy 46.44%

I'm connected to a VPN and I would like to connect to a proxy server after that, so the order would be Me - VPN - Proxy. Could anyone suggest the easiest way to do this?

I'm using a client to connect to the VPN, on windows 7 virtual. I'm pretty new to this stuff so any help/advice would be really appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-proxy-server-after-vpn.1115492/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I am running a server on SUSE Linux and I seem to have run into a problem. When I do: telnet localhost 5000, it works and I can easily connect to it. However when i do telnet [ip] 5000, it seems that it refuses the connection. I am behind a belkin router and i have turned off the firewall and activated DMZ. I have also opened a range of ports for it. Result: Still doesn't work. To give you some background info, i have a few computers on my network using the same external ip, because I believe it's that NAT thing which creates the same external ip for all the computers. I think that it is because of this that is not letting me connect outside to it. Any thoughts?

Thank You.

A:Connecting to my server problem

Did you forward port 5000 to yoru Suse box or is the Suse box in the DMZ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-my-server-problem.359890/
Relevancy 46.44%

Here is the situation: I am living at an apartment complex that uses a single connection for the same building (at least). This connection is hooked into a router that reassigns IP addresses for that building. For instance: IP addresses in this building will be something like 172.16.X.X. Everyone has the same external IP address past the router-assigned IP address.

Since I do not have access to the devices, I am unsure how to connect to a home server outside (or for that matter, inside) the network. I have successfully implemented a TeamSpeak server in which both someone inside and outside the network were able to connect, but this does nothing to help me in the current situation.

I would also like to mention that I am hooked up to a home router, which assigns the IP addresses 10.0.0.X.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Tim

Relevancy 46.44%

I have set up a Fax Server on our Server 2008 R2 machine. I have assigned the role and shared the printer. I am able to connect to the shared Fax printer from workstations but when I go to print to it from any workstation I get a screen saying "choose a fax modem or server"...
When I choose to connect to a fax server on my network I get a dialogue that the mentioned fax server is not available. I have setup the permissions for everyone to print and manage the printer. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Can someone help me?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-connecting-to-fax-server.1147037/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there.

I have a batch file that exists on my PC. I would like to connect to a server drive, (lets say the server name is Server1), so that I can cd in my batch file to a specific directory.

Here is what ive tried, but with no luck. Im using Windows 2000.
Net Use X:\\Server1\folder1

chdir X:\folder2

del report.htm

Here is the error I receive:

System error 67 has occured.

The network name cannot be found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Connecting to a server drive using UNC

It's tough to see in the font here but is there a space between "net use x:" and "\\Server1\Folder1" -- if not there must be. If the syntax is correct, make sure that you have permissions on the network to connect to this share.

You should also check to see if the drive is already mapped first and if it is delete the current mapping so you can direct it to the share you want
Code:
net use x: /d /y
In Windows 2000 the cd command supports the /d switch so you can change to the directory on the drive and change to that drive at the same time:
Code:
cd /d x:\folder2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-server-drive-using-unc.250314/
Relevancy 46.44%

This may not be a vista problem but I think you guys might be able to help.

At home I have a file server ( Its named Bigred)running windows xp pro. I am using simple file sharing on the network. Its not on a domain its on a workgroup. The only software I have running on it is tversity and utorrent. On my vista machine or any other computer, I cannot connect to \\bigred\ through explorer, but if I add in a share name \\bigred\photos it works just fine. What the hell is going on and how do I fix it?

Windows xp was just installed today with all updates.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238811-problem-connecting-xp-server.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently caught a virus, but I was able to delete them using an antimalware program. Then I tried getting online, but it wont let me connect. The error stated that the proxy server is not accepting any connections. I was wondering how I can fix this?

A:Proxy Server not connecting

What anti-malware program was it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215890/proxy-server-not-connecting/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to connect to a proxy server through a wireless router setup. Does anyone know how I do this? i.e. do I need to change settings in the router? Static IP needed? etc...

Never done this before so please excuse me if the questions don't make sense. Just laugh and please guide me along.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366603/connecting-to-a-proxy-server/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I?m having a hellish time with Win7 clients and Server 2012 RDS (and PCI!!)

I have disabled TLS 1.0 on the server;
DisabledByDefault=0x00000001
Enabled=0x00000000

Win10/8.1 connect (I?m guessing these don't even try TLS 1.0)

Win7 RDP is latest (v8), I have tried KB3140245 but really unsure what a ?DWORD Bitmap? is ?!? i first thought 32-bit DWORD but it doesn?t seem to want to take the value given, either 0x00000A00 or 0x00000200 ? so that I think is my first hurdle?

Do I need to run KB3140245/Reg keys on both Win7 and Server 2012? (that was a little unclear)

I don?t want to make too many changes to the Server 2012, as I need to revert back etc. so the client can work etc. (busy company with little offline time)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebb8716f-e782-415e-81e5-155e5aae8ece/connecting-to-server-2012-rds-tls-11?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 46.44%

for some reason, everytime i try to sign in to anything that requires a password, such as, hotmail, yahoo, facebook, myspace, gmail, aol, ect.. i get sent to a page that says firefox cannot establish connection to server.

i've cleared my cookies and private data, ran anti-virus scans, download the newest version of firefox available, restarted my modem, and restarted my computer. i don't know what else i can do, if you've had similar problems, or know how to solve this, please help me :/

A:connecting to server complications?

The only thing that i can think of is that something is blocking you from accessing secured sites.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/connecting-to-server-complications-372565.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dlink DP P print server that I d like to use old an server connecting print help to to network an old but very good laser printer This server was used with this printer in my office some years ago so the two should work in my home network However no matter what I do I can help connecting to an old print server t see the print server on my network I ve tried to help connecting to an old print server connect to it help connecting to an old print server using internet explorer and I ve even fired up an old computer running XP pro and Dlink s PS admin program The server doesn t show in my router s DHCP client table I suspect the default subnet mask on the print server was changed I don t know how to interrogate the print server to determine the proper settings to use so my network will recognize it The self test on the print server shows good there is no reset button and the activity led s show on the server and the router or on the server and my computer if I connect the two directly The only connection to the print server is via ethernet cable I appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

A:help connecting to an old print server

This server was used with this printer in my office some years ago,Click to expand...

But you have no memory of what LAN subnet was used at that time?

I suspect the default subnet mask on the print server was changed.Click to expand...

Any idea to what? The default is 255.255.255.0, so most likely if it was changed to match the LAN it would be 255.255.0.0 or 255.0.0.0.

If you can remember anything about the IP addresses or subnet mask used it will cut down your search time. And, when/if you get control of it, may I suggest you firmly attach to it a note giving the IP and mask?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connecting-to-an-old-print-server.968541/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have windows 2000Professional & am not on a network & for some reason now when I boot up do not get the desktop just a message "trouble connecting to IRC server" It is a Mirc wizard but it can't help me because says I am missing the winnt\system32\mirc.hlpHelpfile and I don't know where I would get that file.Why do I get this message anyhow? A few weeks ago I tried downloading winmix that never worked and could not uninstall it. Could that have caused the problem? What do I do now?

A:trouble connecting to IRC server

Um...you so you can't even boot your PC? You just get a mIRC error? Or if you cancel the error message, can you get to your desktop?

I'm not a mIRC fan... Maybe you'd want to uninstall mIRC and try some other client? (Bersirc, Pirch, xchat, Klient....)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-irc-server.105780/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am running FileZila FTP server My OS is XP server to the outside world... connecting Having trouble from FTP my Pro I set up a group and then a user within that group in Filezilla and assigned the same folder privileges to both the group and the user I had someone try to connect to it Having trouble connecting to my FTP server from the outside world... and he said that he connected but that he didn t get any directory listing and he got Having trouble connecting to my FTP server from the outside world... the error message quot can t open data connection quot I did a little research and read that FTP sometimes needs more than just port and that passive mode users sometimes need a different port range as well so I set port ranges - and - on my router to forward to the server machine I then had someone else attempt to connect from the outside and the same kind of thing happened to her but she got a different error message quot An error has occured - please make sure you have permission to open the folder quot I am stuck now Does anyone have any idea what s causing this If you d like to try to connect yourself it s ftp jras merseine nu username Anon password password Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Having trouble connecting to my FTP server from the outside world...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-connecting-to-my-ftp-server-from-the-outside-world.358263/
Relevancy 46.01%

In starting to write and Android app and i need to connect to a SQL server (MSSQL 2008) , ive searched the net but cant seem to find the answer, im using Eclipse(Juno)

Can anyone help please

Cheers
Mark

A:Connecting to a SQL server with Android Java

Here are connection strings for SQL Server 2008.
http://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server-2008

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-sql-server-with-android-java.1071893/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there - i am in need of some serious help.

Each time i start up my computer, it automatically starts dialling my interent connection I have tried taking off auto redial, but it still dials. I disconnect the internet and it starts automatically redialling. It is so frustrating.

I am in no way a computer buff and have no idea why this is happening.

Can someone give me any advice???

A:Internet server automatically connecting

Hello Hippo and welcome to BC.

If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab and change your setting to Never Dial a Connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21999/internet-server-automatically-connecting/
Relevancy 46.01%

Help please Hopefully some one will have the answers to my problems I am running PCanywhere on a server windows pro behind a router Dlink and workstations connecting to server through server? and PCanywhere router connecting they also have pcanywhere lan host running and win pro I have people in the office who want to connect to thier office computers running XP pro and PCA and PCanywhere connecting through router and server? running pro amp PCA I would like them to connect directly to thier office PCanywhere connecting through router and server? computers instead of to the server first and then using the network connection Is this possible I have it setup as connecting first to server then using network PCanywhere connecting through router and server? to get to thier desk but only one can connect at a time I have tried opening diff ports on each desk - but no luck I am at my wits end If anyone can get this working so each person can directly log on to thier office computer and more than one can be on at a time I would be eternely grateful Thank you docdct nbsp

A:PCanywhere connecting through router and server?

Doc, pcAnywhere uses 5631/5632 ports as default.
Set your router to forward through these ports for the first PC then use the next two 5633/5634 for the second PC Etc Etc.
You then get the callers to make sure they are using the same ports for their own PCs.
Now the only thing you need to do is make sure the passwords Etc match.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcanywhere-connecting-through-router-and-server.255305/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am having a problem connecting a new Windows 7 machine to our Small Business Server 2003. This problem occurs during the http://server/connectcomputer/ process via the IE8 browser. I am able start the installation process but before it starts the wizard it throws up this error (see image).

This process via IE8 will be used by our clients so i need to get around this problem.

Thanks.

Ryan.

A:Connecting Win7 to SBS2003 Server

I am having a problem connecting a new Windows 7 machine to our Small Business Server 2003. This problem occurs during the http://server/connectcomputer/ process via the IE8 browser. I am able start the installation process but before it starts the wizard it throws up this error (see image http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...er-420558.html ).

This process via IE8 will be used by our clients so i need to get around this problem.

Thanks.

Ryan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-win7-to-sbs2003-server-420558.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve installed the MSDE SQL Server package onto my Windows Pro system Visual Studio NET C is my development tool of choice and am using the FCL s SQLConnection SQL Problems... Connecting Server to MSDE class to connect to the quot Pubs quot database SqlConnection connection new SqlConnection quot server localhost NetSDK uid pwd database pubs quot When installing the MSDE package I used Connecting to MSDE SQL Server Problems... the following parameters within the Setup ini INSTANCENAME quot NetSDK quot SAPWD quot a quot Unfortunately I keep getting back the error message SQL Server does not exist or access denied I currently have the following Services listed MSSQL NETSDK Started - Automatic MSSQLServerAdHelper Stopped - Manual SQLAgent NETSDK Started - Automatic Distributed Transaction Coordinator Stopped - Manual There is a quot SQL Server Service Manager quot app in the tasktray however there are no server or services listed in its dropdown boxes What am i doing wrong Is there a clear way to identifying what SQL Server is running and its parameters I cant seem to find any UI that presents the SQL Server currently running on my machine with properties nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-msde-sql-server-problems.165070/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a small network of computers that connect to a domain. All of the computers on the domain are currently running XP Pro. The server is running Windows Server 2003 SP2. I have attempted to add a windows 7 machine to the network, but when I type the name of the domain into the dialog box, it always times out. Is there anything that I need to do to either the server or the client in order to get it to connect?

Thanks

A:Connecting to Windows Server 2003

Have you read the Win 7 procedures for accessing a network, joining a network?They are a bit different than those for XP.Networking in Win 7Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340368/connecting-to-windows-server-2003/
Relevancy 46.01%

I play a game called LGP lgp enjoymmo com When I game connecting Error to server try to connect I get an error message that says quot Server list opening error a connection with the server could not be established quot I used to be able to play the game just fine a few months ago Error connecting to game server then I moved to a different state and now it doesn t work Could it possibly have to do with some windows update I didn t have the internet for a few months before I moved I know there is no problem with the game because I am on MSN right now talking to people who are on the game right now I have tried re-downloading and re-installing the game times I have and older version of the game I kept it when I installed a new copy and it starts up and gets farther than the new version It shows the opening screen with a list of updates but when I try to log in it says quot connection error re-trying quot then quot connection failed quot Please help I miss my game Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack build Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario C Notebook PC F Board Hewlett-Packard D BIOS Hewlett-Packard F Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter - Connected Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Disconnected All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-connecting-to-game-server.767389/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I have been trying to install a 3rd party download program. I download the install files, program runs, asks me for login info, I enter the login info and I get, can not connect to our login server error.

I run the same program at work on windows xp and I have no problem. I ran another program on windows 7 and I get the same error, can not connect.

I shut down all firewalls. I disabled vpn, not running - using main proxy.

Used different modes in windows 7 - windows xp, windows vista. Nothing seems to work.

Do I need to shut somthing off or turn somthing on? it seems that I cant connect to outside program servers (their login).

Sorry so long, dont know what to do. Thanks for any info.

A:Windows 7 not connecting to login server?

I would ask a moderator to put this onto the Networking subforum. Either that or ask the people with the log in server what the issue is. Chances are you're not the only one who can't install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/192025-windows-7-not-connecting-login-server.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have just recently upgraded to AVG8.0 Free, and Comodo firewall, and have just started having AVG pop up with "Email scanner connecting to bd3c852d.virtua.com.br" (which is not one of my email servers!)

How do I get rid of the application / virus / trojan thats doing this please?

Windows 2000 SP4
AVG shows nothing, apart from the advice that it is scanning emails
Lavasoft Adaware shows nothing
There are no unknown processes running (as far as I can tell)
Comodo does not report any application trying to connect, and I have not authorised a third party email client
Runs when Outlook is clsoed
No rogue accounts in Outlook

I have done a whois on the account, and it is claimed to be registered to a [email protected] (Ricardo Ide), in Brazil.
IP address of 189.60.133.45 - which is now blocked for all communication.

All advice greatly received,

Regards

Jeka

A:Pc Connecting To Unknown Email Server

suggestion; hopefully you are on XP?can you do a system restore back to avg 7.5?I beleive your 'problem' is a glitch with the AVG but I am open to being proved wrong my own 'upgrade' gave ME very 'interesting ' messages if you wish you can run a scan with superantispyware?Superantispyware; guide on how to install and run If you have not already got a Downloads folder , I suggest you create a new folder in My Documents, and name it Downloads ; Installing superantispywareSuperantispyware is found here http://www.superantispyware.com/index.htmlDownload to the Downloads folder the free exe to superantispyware from herehttp://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREEyou install superantispyware by clicking on the icon in the downloads folder ; it will launch the installation process; follow the instructions and I suggest you ask for a default installation ; ensure it creates a desktop icon for you ;once the program has been installed it should ask you if you wish to update the program ; say YES if it does not ask you , you need TO fully update the definitions by opening the program and find the ?check for updates ?tab in the bottom left of the menus you see; click on it and it will do the update for you ; I suggest you ask it to check for updates again once the first update is complete just to be sure please then reboot your computer ; it is preferable to run the scan in your computers safe mode; please open this program from the desktop icon please run the scan while you are OFF line and do not have the computer doing any other work while the scan runs go to the preferences tab on the right on the General tab I suggest you disable the scan on start up on the Hijack protection tab I suggest you tick BOTH items; this enables the program to give you a Hijack home page alert if your home page gets changes ; if you DO get a home page hijack, when you boot up the computer superantispyware will open and tell you the home page has changed and will ask you if this is a legitimate change; in statistics/logs- go to the bottom and you will see two boxes asking about keeping a log of scanning results and saving empty logs?Tick both of them Then go back to the main screen and see the tab that says scan your computer? Do you see that ?Click on itA screen will open ;on the left hand side ensure your FIXED drive ( most probably the C drive) is ticked; Also tick in there any other section that is used and attached .On the right had side you see three scanning options?; please click the Complete scan option OK; you are now set to scanPlease then click on the ?next? tab and let the scan run please run the scan while you are OFF line and do not have the computer doing any other work while the scan runs From my experience running this program the complete full scan CAN take many hours to run depending on how much is on your computer so be patient and let it run; maybe go for a cuppa or watch a favourite program while this one runs Once the scan IS complete you will be presented with a box telling you what the scan has found ( if anything); if harmful objects have been found click on the OK button ; on the next screen all the harmful objects should have a check mark beside them, ; click ?next?A notification should appear that ?quarantine and removal is complete?click ?ok? and then the Finish button to get returned to the main menu If you have run the scan in computers safe mode you will need to reboot to computer normal mode If you have run in computer?s normal mode I suggest you reboot to enable the ?fix? the program has performed to consolidate You then need to retrieve the scan result Open the program and return to the statistics /logs section ; locate the most recent log ; left mouse click on it to highlight it and click the ?view log? tab The log should appear in maybe note pad ; you need to copy and paste that log for examination Once... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147242/pc-connecting-to-unknown-email-server/
Relevancy 46.01%

So Outlook has been acting funny for my boss. He's complaining that a few things are sent and received but not all of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiveironobrien/7190119997/

Right now the send/receive process has been running for about 10 minutes and when I click on details I get the above message. When I log on to the email online everything seems to be ok so I know this is a problem with the Outlook program itself. The op is Windows XP Professional.

A:Outlook 2007 not connecting to server

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-not-connecting-to-server.1057215/
Relevancy 46.01%

Recently I've discovered that I can no longer connect to a web page (or the ftp server affiliated with it) that I had previously connected to many times. I'm not aware of any changes to my system's configuration. If I attempt to ping either the web address or the ftp address, I get the following message:

"PING: transmit failed, error code 1314"

This computer resides on a corporate network, so I have no control over the McAffee Desktop Firewall, but I doubt that they have added a policy which prohibits connecting to this one particular website/ftp site. Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-connecting-to-a-site-ftp-server.551089/
Relevancy 46.01%

Internally, my agencies exchange server is located at

ex01.fake-domain.local

I access my outlook account from home at

https://mail.subdomain.domain.com/owa

I can access the same OWA authentication page internally using:

https://ex01.fake-domain.local/owa

So, is the following correct:
Domain: fake-domain
Server: https://mail.subdomain.domain.com

I can't call tech support because I am tech support....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-exchange-server-via-iphone.1108659/
Relevancy 46.01%

Why is it always the youngest in the office who gets stuck with these issues Ok vent over To A New(old) Email-connecting Pc Mail Server A I'm in a new office Email-connecting A New(old) Pc To A Mail Server and we have an existing server I have the Server IP Email-connecting A New(old) Pc To A Mail Server the ME Server Mailbox Modem name where it's attached the PC name the domain name Whew What I need to know is we are setting up a temporary station down the street where some applications can't be brought here nope too easy are kept Email-connecting A New(old) Pc To A Mail Server and we need to set up a PC there to access the e-mail at this location This location has their own internet connection I'm not sure how to go about doing this I can slightly recall setting up my PC at home with STMP or POP information but I'm not sure how to do this with an existing internet connection And of course my bosses expect miracles They say quot We believe in you You can do it quot I say quot You're too bloody cheap to have a tech come in quot Can anyone help a girl out

A:Email-connecting A New(old) Pc To A Mail Server

Do you actually have to download the e-mail to the computer? Would using the web-mail interface be sufficient for your needs?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77683/email-connecting-a-newold-pc-to-a-mail-server/