Windows Support Forum

Free DVD Shrink/Burn for Vista HP

Q: Free DVD Shrink/Burn for Vista HP

I have tried to Google for a free DVD Shrink Program. They all seem to say they are free, but once you download them they suddenly want $40 to $60. Does anyone have an actual link to a truly free program that you can use to shrink and burn decrypted DVD's so I can back up my collection?

Budog.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Free DVD Shrink/Burn for Vista HP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Free DVD Shrink/Burn for Vista HP

Budog:

Here:

AfterDawn.com

At site use search function for: DVD Shrink Download.
Scroll down past ads. DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 (freeware)

Although it says XP, I've used it on Vista, no problem.
Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/software/240856-free-dvd-shrink-burn-vista-hp.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I m trying to copy episodes of Family Guy to my to to Trying files and DVD shrink burn avi fit to a dvd I downloaded the files in avi format from the internet I am fine with this potentially taking DVD s up--but at the moment unless i get help it ll take discs I know it has to be some solution to avoid this I have a Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit minute blank DVD and I am using ULead Movie Factory but the episodes won t fit onto the DVD I have searched high and low for help before coming here EVERYTHING I find tells me how to shrink a DVD to make it fit so it can be burned but nothing about shrinking AVI files Can someone assist here I tried using DVD shrink--but it won t shrink the files for me because it says they can t be found I know they are there and whatnot Plus I believe that DVD shrink is maybe more useful if I was trying to shrink Star Wars or something where it was already quot Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit on Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit quot a DVD nbsp

A:Trying to shrink my avi files to burn to DVD and fit

We are not allowed to help with illegal copyrighted material.

Your best bet, would be to buy the series on DVD.

Techspot does not condone any form of piracy.

Thread closed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-shrink-my-avi-files-to-burn-to-dvd-and-fit.49239/
Relevancy 65.79%

In the past, I used DVD Shrink and Nero to copy DVD movies. Now that I have Windows 7 installed, I want to be sure to use W7-friendly software. What would you suggest? I've been thinking about Imgburn to replace Nero since I've been having problems installing Nero.

As far as ripping and shrinking a DVD, are there any freeware programs that will do both, or am I going to have to use two separate programs?

A:Rip Shrink Burn DVDs

Quote: Originally Posted by GuruSteve

In the past, I used DVD Shrink and Nero to copy DVD movies. Now that I have Windows 7 installed, I want to be sure to use W7-friendly software. What would you suggest? I've been thinking about Imgburn to replace Nero since I've been having problems installing Nero.

As far as ripping and shrinking a DVD, are there any freeware programs that will do both, or am I going to have to use two separate programs?

AnyDVD and Virtual clone, works with bluray also

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/36777-rip-shrink-burn-dvds.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I m making a copy of a DVD I own I m using DVD Shrink and once I get everything configured the way I want it I click the Backup button The little window pops up and it says Select Backup Target for which I put Burn With Nero DVD Drive Name For Select folder for temporary files I just put Desktop The encoding stage goes fine but when the DVD ejects in order for me to remove the DVD and insert the DVD R I get this error message A - E- - - - A - - E- - - - Error DVD Shrink Burn Windows XP IA WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created Burn Error - DVD Shrink AM ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM NT-SPTI used Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Burn Error - DVD Shrink Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version d Recorder lt PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral QB F MDR P dtscsi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D D CDRom SAMSUNG CDRW DVD SM- B E CDRom QB F MDR P F CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted PM NEROAPI File Burncd cpp Line Error nCannot connect TRF PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM DRM burn session terminated PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM Closing entire DRM handling Bye Existing drivers File Drivers ASPI SYS Ver built by WinDDK size bytes created AM Registry Keys HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion WinLogon AllocateCDROMs Security Option Click to expand At this stage I could just manually open up Nero and burn the files which are on my desktop But it s much handier if DVD Shrink just automatically burns though Nero Does anybody know what the error message is about and possible solutions to it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Burn Error - DVD Shrink

Regardless if you own it or not, it's illegal to break the copy protection of DVD's under the DMCA, and also against the TSG Rules to assist in this activity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-error-dvd-shrink.488575/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I create movie files Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn 3 creates two folders named Audio_TS and Video_TS. In the Video_TS folder are several files named VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1, VIDEO_TS.BUP, VTS_01_0.BUP and VTS_01_2. The Audio_TS folder doesn't seem to contain any files.
When I try to perform Step 4: Select Files I am not sure which files I should select. I have selected VTS_01_1 and VTS_01_2.
I do this because the program breaks some videos into two or more parts and if I only choose the file named VTS_01_1 I only that part is burned to the dvd.
But when I try to burn more than one file, like both VTS_01_1 and VTS_01_2 to the dvd, the program stops after a few minutes and says, "DVD creation failed! Unspecified error."
Which files do I select when I want to burn them to a dvd?
Thank you for your help.

A:Help With Ashampoo Shrink & Burn

When you make a DVD you should burn both complete folders, Video_TS and Audio_TS, even though the audio is usually empty. If you can't find an option to burn folders then select all of the files in the video folder and burn those.

What are the file extensions of all the files you listed? You should have something like this:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-ashampoo-shrink-burn.1020484/
Relevancy 64.5%

I m having a problem using Ashampoo Movie Shrink amp Burn I ve downloaded an avi file and attempted to create a DVD file via Ashampoo Movie Shrink amp Burn I m using XP Home SP The problem is that while the video converts very well I can t get an audio track - and I m not very keen on silent movies I ve been in e-mail contact with Ashampoo support who have told me it is a & 3 Ashampoo Burn with Movie audio Shrink No codec problem and suggested I download and install the K-Lite codec pack which I did but that did not make any difference They then suggested that I do a complete uninstall No audio with Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn 3 of the Ashampoo product re-download and No audio with Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn 3 install the K-Lite codecs then re-download No audio with Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn 3 and install Shrink amp Burn Which I did But without success I still can t get an audio track The movie plays fine as an avi file on my PC on the player that comes with the K-Lite pack and I notice that there is no sound on the preview screen in Shrink amp Burn I notice that I have a similar problem using Ashampoo Burning Studio I tried to burn the avi movie to a DVD and you guessed it - video but no audio However I did manage to make a DVD via an old copy of Nero - a lot slower but at least I could hear the output As I m not a technological wizard I thought I d ask some of those who are if they have any ideas about what the problem is please and how I might solve it nbsp

A:No audio with Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn 3

try convert the AVI2mpg doom9.org for software. the avi is not dvd compliant file it has to be converted to mpeg2 file
I find that avi's unless high definition not worth a to dvd conversion. I convert my AVI's to Divx format then i burn as data on dvd disk my dvd player will play divx files...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-with-ashampoo-movie-shrink-burn-3.761814/
Relevancy 63.64%

Can i Shrink my C: and D: partitions, then burn images of them, or clone them, onto an external hard drive. Then, wipe and reformat the original hard drive, restoring the images or clones therein, and expand the resulting partitions to whatever i deem. Is there a way of doing this without messing up Vista Home Premium's boot function? Thank you.

A:Shrink, Burn/Clone, Reformat, Restore, Expand.

yes for all I think

to shrink or expand partitions do this
right click on my computer
manage
Disk Management
then you can shrink or extend volumes from there

use XXclone to clone your partition
http://www.xxclone.com/

I've never done this but if do get it transfer the cloned copy outside of the OS it should theoretically work but I've never done that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/shrink-burn-clone-reformat-restore-expand-370796.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Is there any one program that download, convert, shrink and burn a movie to a DVD? I downloaded a movie from Youtube and want to burn it to a DVD to be able to watch it in my TV but so far I had to download 4 different programs and every time I think I am ready to burn it to disk I need something new. Please help. I have no problem if I need to purchase the software, so far I purchase one program and the other tree where free.

My computer Specs
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1021 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 72653 MB, Free - 52405 MB; as of 7/16/13
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0N6381
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:movie convert, shrink, burn to dvd software information

Sorry but we don't support this activity because it's against YouTube's TOS. You can't download any videos unless there is a "download" button in which case there is no need for third party software.

Since we cannot assist, I'm closing this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/movie-convert-shrink-burn-to-dvd-software-information.1106465/
Relevancy 60.2%

I've just updated the pc specs for this thread. It's a XPS 15 about 2 months old and is the first laptop I've ever owned or used.
It came with a 500 G. hard drive of which 102 MB's are the OEM Partition, 19.53 G's for Recovery and 446.13 G's for C drive. C drive has 403.33 G's free space.
When I try to shrink C drive so that I can make another partition I'm told I only have 931 MB's that I can shrink out of 456853 MB's total.
Also it says that I can't shrink a volume beyond the point where any unmovable files are located. I defragged but it did no good.
Any help would be appreciated.
My skill level remain s that of novice.
Thanks.
H

A:help to shrink drive c w/400+ g's free space but see only 900+ MB's

You need the Partition Wizard bootable disk, available free here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b0a22...89320E3247!215

Download it and burn it to a disc. Then boot from it.

It should let you shrink the partition more than Disk Management.

Back up your data before using it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/201971-help-shrink-drive-c-w-400-gs-free-space-but-see-only-900-mbs.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

Technical specs: I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 with Windows 8.1. Intel Core i7 Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB hard drive, and 64-bit OS.

I am in the Disk Management system attempting to shrink my C drive by about 20GB to allow room for an Ubuntu install. I want to be able to dual boot my system. The Disk Management says that I have 94.07GB free in my C drive (43% free), yet when I click to shrink the volume of C drive, it says that the "size of available shrink space in in MB" is 6359. This is not enough room for an Ubuntu install, much less for the program I want to run on it after.

If anyone can shed light on what is going on and a possible way around it, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Not allowing shrink volume over 6GB, but have 94GB free

Sounds like you need a bigger HD.
What does your Properties window look like ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69939-not-allowing-shrink-volume-over-6gb-but-have-94gb-free.html
Relevancy 59.34%

see the screenshot.
As you can see, drive having size around 450GB and 20% free but it also showing that i can't shrink it by 80gb!!!!!!!!. What's happening. Would you please tell me how to shrink C volume by 80gbs..

A:i can't shrink a drive by 80 gb which have free space around 90gbs?

This should cover it.

Quote:
Warning
The size of the available shrink space can be restricted by the amount of space currently allocated to on the hard drive for the virtual memory page file, System Protection maximum storage space size, and hibernation files. The location of the files on the hard drive plays a big part here because these files are marked as unmovable, and Disk Management is unable to relocate them. As such, if these unmovable files are located in the middle of the total amount of free space on the disk, then only the amount of free space on the other side (to the right) of these files will actually be available for the new partition. This will result in you showing that you have x amount of free space, but not being able to use it for your partition. The only way around this is to use a 3rd party hard drive partition management program, or setup the partition when installing Vista.

Source: Partition or Volume - Shrink

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301667-i-cant-shrink-drive-80-gb-have-free-space-around-90gbs.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had Shrink 3.2 on my Sony Vaio for sometime. In the past it would take 6-7 minutes to shrink, all of a sudden it takes 28-32 minutes to do the same thing. Vista home Premium, 64 bit, 4gb ram, 268 gb hard drive, 250ghz. I have read evrything there is to offer on speed elsewhere but nothing why this happened all of a sudden. Computer experience 3.5 years.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/259290-help-shrink-vista.html
Relevancy 53.32%

How do I change the page file, or snapshot, so I can shrink this Vista Partition ?

I should be able to get the C: drive partition down to about 50gig.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, everybody, iam new here in this forum. I hope that you can help me.

I have an Laptop, with Vista on it. But on local disk C: are 240 GB and in Local disk D: are 10 GB. I have red many Tutorials and i know how to shrink Local disk C:, and tu create another. I go to Computer Manager, click on Storage and than on Disk Manager, and than they apear the hard disks. I click on lacal disk C: with the right taste, and go to Shrink Volume, i got an window, but the problem is that in the window the SHRINK button is Grayed out. I red in some tutorials that need to Defragment the C: Drive, and i did it but it helped not. What can i do??? Please help me!!!!

Thnx a lot for your help

A:How to shrink Volume C: in Vista?

How to resize a partition in Windows Vista | Vista Rewired
Partition Magic
Partition Manager

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251834-how-shrink-volume-c-vista.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have vista ultimage x86 installed on another partion

xp was on the disk first

xp partion is like a 100g
vista is like 20

tried to shrink xp's 100g using vistas partion management tool, but it won't let me shrink the xp partion?
Anyone know why? does it have anything to do with pagefiles or the like?

looked at pagefiles under vista, it only showed one for the vista partion.
Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Vista Shrink Partiton Help

Have you defragged the partition from within XP? How full is the XP partition?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80118/vista-shrink-partiton-help/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi!!I want to know something:Can I shrink my Vista partition without damaging it???

A:Vista partition shrink

Yes, you can and this will guide you:
Disk Management - Shrink Partition

http://www.vistax64.com/software/270568-vista-partition-shrink.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a 100gb hard drive on my laptop and I was installing Acronis on it to keep my files backed up. The only problem is that I need at least 20gb of space in the "Acronis Secure Zone" to backup my entire pc. (Serious Compression).

When I shrunk it, it would only let me take off 43mb after the 12gb I took. I figured that I was just a fragmented hard drive and defragmented it and I am still having the same problem. So I got this program that shows me where my clusters are on my hard drive.

YEAHHHH... so theres ONE cluster FORTY-THREE mb from the last cluster and it is not moving because it is locked.

Anything I can do to get it to move??????

A:Cant Shrink My Vista Partition Enough..

What's in the clusters? If it's your pagefile, you can remove it, defrag the drive after rebooting, then reset it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87359/cant-shrink-my-vista-partition-enough/
Relevancy 52.89%

Dear all

I have a HP notebook with Windows Vista (Home Premium, 32 bit) Operating System. The capacity of its hard drive is 160Gb and its free space is 24Gb. My hard disk had only one partition, so that I decided Shrink the volume using the Disk Management Utility incorporated in Windows Vista.

My selected value of "size of shrink space" was 15Gb, but after 23 Hour, the action of shrinking the partition is not completed yet!! I think this is not normal.

Is there any way to interrupt the action of shrinking the partition? Or may I restart the computer now? Is restarting the windows (and interrupting the shrinking action) dangerous for my data?

Thanks in advace...

A:Cancellation of shrink volume in Vista

Another 6 hours have passed. Has it finished?

Best that I can say is, try to stop the process using task manager, if it will let you. If not, reboot. If there are problems, try a system restore. Always a risk involved in these things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297920-cancellation-shrink-volume-vista.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Man this is a mess I don't know where to start At the beginning I guess which seems like ages ago but it was only a few hours ago Okay I wanted to shrink my gig C drive down to or so I read a tutorial on the net about how to do it and they said that you could do it by defragging with Perfect Disk defragging the System Files with it and then performing a few other steps which would allow you to shrink C to a lot smaller than the gigs it was originally allowing me to do The steps were to turn off hibernation and delete the files turn off system restore and delete files and turn off the page file Then perform a defrag and then a system file defrag on boot up then shrink I did this and then repeated the quot rinse lather HELP! with process. VISTA Please Shrink Problems repeat quot about times to get my C drive down to gigs and leave the biggest part of my gig HD for archiving only Problems with VISTA Shrink process. Please HELP! Seemed like a good idea at the time So the Shrink process went well Each time I did a System File defrag with Perfect Disk figuring that each time the drive shrunk it could move the MFT file a little closer in thus allowing for more shrinkability It seemed to Problems with VISTA Shrink process. Please HELP! work After I got C drive down to gigs I immediately restarted and re-stored my page file settings to quot let Vista manage quot it and re-started System Restore and created a new restore point But when I re-set the page file I got the message quot Another page file exists do you want to replace it with this one quot I said sure why not I have a feeling I should have said no But I moved on NOW I had a gig unallocated section that I needed to format to NTFS But Vista Disk Mgmt said I could not format it because I already had the limit of partitions The EISA drive OS C drive Recovery Drive D - came with the Dell Rip Process Download R - I created with Paragon Partition the other day then Unallocated - the partition I just created by shrinking C drive with Vista I knew there was a limit on the number of partitions you could have which is why I fired up Paragon Disc Manager which is supposed to do this kind of thing right Well when I tried to use Paragon via Windows it would not work and wanted me to put in the Recovery Disk to do it So I did But I don't know if my recovery drive went bad since I used it a few days ago or what but I could not get it to boot I got a message saying the DVD drive was not accessible I had used it earlier to look at the disk and it was working fine Now I began to wonder if all the changes I made defragging sys files deletion of page file hibernation file etc may have caused this problem I tried re-inserting the disc and I ended up with a black screen with only the cursor flashing in the top right I could not go back I could not go forward I could not pass Go nor collect I was stuck like a fly on flypaper I did a hard shut down and then restarted and tried again Again I could not access the disc and again I had to do a hard shut down and this time I let it boot back to Windows Once back to Windows I tried to look at the contents of the Paragon Recovery CD and when I did my computer was very slow to respond It froze up and I got a message that said Windows Explorer was not responding I closed out of the window and tried again Same thing Error pop-up window quot Windows Explorer is not responding quot I closed out and decided to try the Windows version of Paragon Manager again It should be able to just format a drive in Windows no So I opened it up and found that as before the Format option was greyed out for that partition So I got the idea quot Maybe I can quot create a partition quot using that unformatted area but instead of creating a partition within it I'll just create it as an entire partition quot So I tried that but when I got to the final step I got a pop-up error - actually at the same time One said quot The restart that has been requested cannot be performed under Vista... Read more

A:Problems with VISTA Shrink process. Please HELP!

Hi,

I feel your pain,

What I would suggest after all that repeated disk shrinking et al would be to run (in an elevated command prompt

system file check System Files - SFC Command - Vista Forums

you may also want to run a chkdsk command on the system drive, if this finds errors then running chkdsk /f will clean up any remnants of file fragments

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222712-problems-vista-shrink-process-please-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I am having trouble shrinking my Vista partition on my Toshiba Satellite.

I have a dual boot set up with Linux Mint on one partition and Vista on the other... When I installed Mint I was only able to put it on a partition of about 10 GB.

At this point, my Vista partition has about 60 GB of free space, and has been defragmented (including boot degragmented) about a dozen time... it now states that there is no defragmentation.

yet when I try to shrink the partition, it says that there is no free space available.

my problem is explained exactly on the following guide, but none of the solutions here seem to have done anything.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/working-around-windows-vistas-shrink-volume-inadequacy-problems/

Do I have any other option aside from reinstalling Vista?

thanks!

A:Unable to Shrink Vista Partition

A couple of stray thoughts.

Did you make the system recovery DVD set in case your hard drive goes bad?
Have you made a backup of the hard drive just in case something goes wrong?

This might work as a possibility.
If you have a desktop computer and a spare hard drive for scratch use that you can use, then some of the disk clone software will let you resize partitions during the clone process. You just have to make sure it can also handle Linux partitions.

I believe Seagate & WD have free versions of Acronis that will run as long as it detects their brand of hard drive.

Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433697/unable-to-shrink-vista-partition/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a partition with Vista installed on it that is 140GB in size. Only 16GB is used.
I want to shrink the volume to about 110GB, but when I go into Disk Management, it does not allow me to shrink any of it.

I have defragged the partition and even reduced my page file, but it wouldn't let me shrink it to 110 even though I only use 16GB!!

How do I get around this to let me shrink what I want?

Or do I have to invest in a partitioning program?

Thanks.

A:Shrink A Volume In Windows Vista

I think the partitioning tool that comes with Vista is OK for re-sizing the partition before installing the OS.

Once the OS has been installed, I think you'll need a third party partitioning tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102636/shrink-a-volume-in-windows-vista/
Relevancy 52.46%

So i used the built in disk management in windows vista to shrink the hard drive to create unallocated space to create a new partition to store data on.

so i shrank the C: drive which it did but it doesn't longer show the unallocated space? i'm also unable to extend the C: drive back as its greyed out?

i then decided i'd just re install vista but again it doesn't show the unallocated space, nor does it allow me to extend the C: partition? back.

any ideas.

Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so I used Vista's Shrink Volume tool and upon rebooting, my computer hangs at the startup screen and does not budge. Even if you try to go into setup or selecting boot device. It absolutely does not want to go anywhere. I've been looking up for solutions and I think it may be that i formatted the unallocated space to ntfs file system and primary partition boot or something like that? :S

Vista Home 6, 32-bit edition

I'm not sure if there's anyway I can go back. Basically I just need a way to wipe the hd so the computer can read my recovery disc.

Thanks for any feedback

Regards,
Jake

A:Vista's 'shrink Volume' - Partition = Death

Hi Jake,I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Since you have received no response after 5 days, give them a gentle reminder by posting a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".This topic will now be closed. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139089/vistas-shrink-volume-partition-death/
Relevancy 52.46%

I refer specifically to this Tutorial Disk Management - Shrink Partition A bit of background first I have recently had installed a new GB Hard-drive to my Laptop see my Specs The allocation of partition volume space has been divided evenly between the C Acer - GB and the D Data - GB Drives on the HD This in Management - Shrink Vista Partition Disk is what I have Questions Question Is this setup division just the 'norm' for allocating volume space Disk Management - Shrink Partition in Vista for each drive In this case it is more or less a share of the available space PQ Service on a hidden partition takes up the rest why not C D Question Is it necessary for the partition volume of the Data drive to more or less mirror that of the Acer drive Question If answer to Q is 'not necessarily so' am I then able to partition the Data drive to create a new drive partition of about GB or are there any pitfalls in playing around with this particular drive If possible I'd like to create a new drive on the HD for personal data storage That's it

A:Disk Management - Shrink Partition in Vista

Hi Tony,

On a drive with a single partition hosting the OS, the amount of space that you can carve off it can vary. Did you run Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter first? You can sometimes get a few more GB if you do that. However, 50-50 looks fairly reasonable. You can change the ratio if you want, but you can't shrink the partition any further than what Disk Management permits, so I would leave this as it is.

You can then repeat the process on your other partition (the one you created from your original). Again, run Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter on this partition to maximise the potential new partition space. Remember, you can always reduce the size of a new partition to be smaller than that suggested by Disk Management but you cannot make it larger.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/242020-disk-management-shrink-partition-vista.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i just got the acer 6920 with Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83Ghz, 3GB mem, 320gb hdd, vista premium. But I am trying to shrink the volume which is currently 298.09 GB. I also want to dual boot xp pro. I would like to get it down to 50GB and create another 40GB for XP and the rest for data storage. It will only allow me to shrink to 172GB allowing 126.09 GB. any help is appreciated

Joe

A:Shrink Partition And Dual Boot Vista And Xp

any one got any ideas...Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153039/shrink-partition-and-dual-boot-vista-and-xp/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have Sonic Record Now in my computer and it isn't working. I was sent very complicated instructions for fixing it, which includes fooling with the registry which frightens me silly. So, what is a good program to have that can burn CD's for me. Are there any good free ones?

A:Program to burn CD's, perhaps free

Yes, a couple. But it would be a good idea to uninstall Sonic so the drivers don't interfere. They probably won't but you never know.

Free burning software:

Infra Recorder
CDBurnerXP Pro (Works perfectly in Vista.)
Burnaware
DP CD/DVD Burner
UsefulUtils CD/DVD Burner
CDRTools Frontend
StarBurn
DeepBurner and DeepBurner Portable for removable drives
SilentNight Micro CD/DVD/ISO Burner (standalone-no installation necessary)
Small CD-Writer (standalone)
BurnAtOnce
EasyISO
Dirk Paehl's EasyBurning
Terabyte ISO Burner (standalone)
ISO Recorder for XP
Burrrn audio CD creator
MP3 CD Doctor Lite audio CD burner
BurnOn CD/DVD (no spyware but free version is adware supported)
Burn4Free CD/DVD Copy
Turtle MP3 Burner
MS-DOS Burning Tools (direct download)
Zilla CD/DVD Rip N' Burn

More free burners:

http://www.wikihouse.com/writing/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-burn-cds-perhaps-free.664329/
Relevancy 51.6%

64-bit Vista with a 640 gig system drive, 11 gig partition for the factory image, 585 gig partition for the system OS, currently with 465 gigs of free space.

So what I wanted to do was shrink the system partition down to about 185 gigs or so and create a 400 gig data partition. I used the built in defragger and then tried to shrink the volume and Vista will analize the volume fine but then it will only come up with a maximum of 176,169 MB available space to shrink, resulting in 422,887 MB retained system partition, almost exactly the opposite of what I want.

Question is is there a simple fix, a difficult fix or no fix at all (you don't have to give me the non-Vista fixes, I know one or two of those)? "Vista is a great OS" people front and center! Make me believe!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

I have come into a newer laptop. A friend had spilled a bunch of liquid on it and it refused to start. He got a replacement laptop and gave me this one. To make a long story short, I took it apart, cleaned everything, replaced a few things and it is now running.

What I would like to do is test it so it can become my new, everyday laptop. Does anyone know of free software that I can use to test it? Something that will stress the system?

Any help appreciated,
Rob

A:Free burn-in or system tester?

You could run ordinary hard drive tests from the drive manufacturer's web site to evaluate the hard drive.

There are also downloads like Prime 95 and Furmark. The former stresses the processor and RAM; I think the latter is mostly to stress graphics. Both are used by overclockers to put heavy stress on the PC to evaluate temperature levels.

You could also use Memtest86+ to test the RAM.

I'm not sure about other components such as the motherboard or power supply. If you don't have specialized tools, you may just have to use the laptop and see how it works out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237568-free-burn-system-tester.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Salutations.

It has been horrible using explorer.

But I've also got bundled on this PC, CyberLink Power 2 Go burner.

It seems no matter what I do I just can't burn my mp3s in the order I please. I must copy them all to a new folder and rename/number them over & over.

A:Burn mp3 disc in free order.

I don't think you can do it without numbering them.
http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Audio/mp3cd

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/158326-burn-mp3-disc-free-order.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am looking for a free software so I can burn bin files to a disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Bleepers.

The burning section of my ConvertXtoDVD doesn't work any more. I re-installed a fresh download of ConvertXto DVD, but it still won't burn, although to converts okay.

At present I'm using ConvertXtoDVD to convert - and then I open up DVDShrink to burn the converted files from ConvertXtoDVD's folder. Works perfectly.

I've been Googling for a convert-and-burn package, but so far without without success.

Tried 'DVD Rip and Burn 5.2.0.1' - but couldn't get to first base with it. I couldn't find the files in the ConvertXtoDVD folder. What it showed were files that I've deleted weeks - even months ago. Very odd.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

A:Know any free convert-and-burn software?

Give ImgBurn a tryout, It's free as well... http://www.imgburn.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174836/know-any-free-convert-and-burn-software/
Relevancy 51.17%

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Toshiba Satelite A505 x64 based PC
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P7350 W 2.00 GHz
BIOS Version/Date INSYDE 1.40, 6/8/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory 8.00 GB

Vista is currently installed. I want to create a dual boot with Kubuntu 12.04 as the alternate OS.

I am told that the HDD must be resized to make the installation. I want to do this without having problems with immovable files in the Vista OS.

I have an approximate 500gb hard drive that I wish to resize to 250gb for each OS. There seems to be great confusion how to accomplish this. Please help me?

A:How do I shrink a Vista partition to install Kubuntu Linux as 2nd boot

This may help if you don't want to reinstall

How To Dual-Boot The Windows & Linux OS’s On Your Computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296793-how-do-i-shrink-vista-partition-install-kubuntu-linux-2nd-boot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a conference on my computer that I have been burning for others, however, I ripped it in mp3 format, and am having to reburn it as wav. As of now, I only have windows media, and I have to one disc, burn it, and then close the program and reopen it to burn another session/disc. Any better, more smoother programs?

Jeremy

A:The Best Free Software To Burn Mp3s As Wavs?

You can use DeepBurner, and create an Audio disk, which would convert the mp3, to wav.You can also use Audacity to convert the mp3, to wav, then after you convert them, burn them to a disk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117050/the-best-free-software-to-burn-mp3s-as-wavs/
Relevancy 51.17%

Simply put, as the title states, does anyone know a good free program that burns DVD-PAL format .mpegs into video DVDs (those that work in every simple and old DVD-players too). Hope someone has the time to reply, thanks in advance. And sorry if this is a common question or so, I just couldn't find anything with the search terms that crossed my mind
Edit: they're MPEG-2, to be exact.

A:Good free program to burn DVD-PAL .mpegs?

Let's rephrase so this could be a bit easier to answer: Will Nero 8 Essentials do the job?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-free-program-to-burn-dvd-pal-mpegs.782083/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I download and can't I to burn install free dvd software any am new on here so I hope you will forgive me if I don't do this quite right I am using windows Packard bell desktop that is relatively new to me and want to copy some of my old dvds I can't download and install any free software to burn dvd I cannot find any software that will download and install to allow me to do that When I find a program I download it but nothing happens most of the time I can't download and install any free software to burn dvd Sometimes I get the bar along the bottom that asks me if I want to run or save but whichever I click on nothing happens most of the time Sometime I get the box that asks me for permission but then nothing else I don't need to put the dvds onto my pc just copy them to another disc that can be played on my dvd player On my old vista I used NTI cd amp dvd powerproducer that was already installed I also used burn free sometimes and that is the kind of program that I would like to use now or something similar but none of these will download install on my windows If anyone could help me I would be very grateful as I am pulling my hair out here with frustration Thank you frankiesgirl

A:I can't download and install any free software to burn dvd

Hi, This seems to me like an issue within the browser. Please run adwcleaner and Malwarebytes (uncheck the trial option at the end of the installation) and post their logs
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/
AdwCleaner Download
I recommend using CDBurnerXP. I have been using it for years without any issues: https://cdburnerxp.se/

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63425-i-cant-download-install-any-free-software-burn-dvd.html
Relevancy 51.17%

i dont really want to use movie maker cause alot of my files i have multiple of and most of the time i want to burn 2 movies to a disk etc....what is the best software to use compatible with vista?

thanks all

A:Best free program to create/burn dvds???

use express burn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/231278-best-free-program-create-burn-dvds.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Free Any Burn is a light weight but professional CD / DVD / Blu-ray burning software that every one must have. It provides a free and complete solution for burning.

So says the author in Free Any Burn

Just about a month since it was born, I see that it is already making a mark. ( I have just downloaded it but haven't tried it since my burns are almost next to nil.)

An illustrative blog on it here Free Any Burn: An Advanced CD, DVD, Blu-Ray Burner and Disk Image Manager - Review - Insights in Technology

Those interested may try and post their comments.

A:Free Any Burn - a brand-new tiny CD/DVD/BD burner and Image Manager

Nice find!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/246661-free-any-burn-brand-new-tiny-cd-dvd-bd-burner-image-manager.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I downloaded a free software for editting and burning my home digital video tapes to DVD, "BurnToDisk" via forum.videohelp.com. But when I try to open it I get a message, MSVCR100.dll can't be found. How do I replace it. Or do you know of/should I try a different editting software? I can still open and use the free software that came with various cameras I have bought over the years. But their bit rate onto the final DVD is too low and I am getting blur/checkering (pixelation?) on action scenes.

A:Downloaded a free DVD editting /Burn program but MSVCR100.dll missing pops up?

See this Microsoft fix which sounds like the same problem you have.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452538/downloaded-a-free-dvd-editting-burn-program-but-msvcr100dll-missing-pops-up/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I got this message when I try to burn some files, 'Windows was unable to complete format'.
I did some uninstalling of unuse programs the other day, maybe that's how the problem starts.
I don't want to do a 'system restore' now, I want to know where and how I go wrong? How can
I do that? Another things is how can I get back to the former or original registry if there's some-
thing missing there? Thankyou.

A:Vista would not burn.

hi,,,, if you have the vista disc or your recovery disc then run a system file check in command prompt,,,,,,the command is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833sfc /scannowcopy and paste this into command prompt,,,,,if this does not work then run a startup repair with the dischttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/if any of these work then i would suggest you back up the registryhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...up-the-registrygood luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279215/vista-would-not-burn/
Relevancy 45.58%

vista sp2. tsst corp cddvdw t6-l632h ata device. neither live nor mastered format nothing works, vista can't format at all, thus making the cd useless.

i tried to update my driver which is of 2006 but windows says it is updated. i uninstalled it and let it reinstall itself -nothing happeen- i did the same thing and added a winaspi32.dll in system 32- nothing, checked for interference from other programs by disabling them - nothing, tried other programs like img burn,infrarecorder still -nothing.

by the way is it needed to format dvd-r before burning and does that formatting needs to be done by windows,

A:can't burn cds in vista

You say you tried Imgburn and the results are "still nothing." What does that mean? The computer sits there and no error message? Something must happen. A whir, a buzz? A flashing light?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273897-cant-burn-cds-vista.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi JC,

This sounds very similar to my situation. I have a new (October 08) HP Pavillion with Vista 64bit Home Preimum. I have read through most of the posts here, when I have checked the registry location referenced in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461 and did NOT find either upper or lower keys.

I can burn CD/DVD's through Windows Explorer but cannot burn from applications such as I-Tunes or Quicken.

Your guidance is appreciated.

A:Vista will not BURN

Hi -

Happy Holidays!

I moved post to your own thread. The thread it references:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...ml#post1874718

Please follow the instructions HERE. Attach your zip file to the next post.

Before doing so... please attempt burns w/ both iTunes and Quicken (This is financial software - are you burning back-ups?).

How do you burn with Quicken? How old is it? Do you have the most recent iTunes version?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-will-not-burn-327207.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys umm i downloaded MS Vista and its complete and everything.
but the icon for the file when i double click it my roxio starts up and it says

--- "CREATOR CLASSIC CANNOT READ FROM "C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\SMITH PATEL\DESKTOP\VISTA_5384.4.060518-1455_WINMAIN_BETA2_C86FRE_CLIENT-LB2CFRE_EN_DVD.ISO.DLM". THIS FILE IS NOT A VALID PROJECT FILE"
[OK]

TAS IT...
CAN SOME1 PLEASE HELP ME OUTT UMM IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION JUST ASK =]

A:VISTA HELP cant burn DVD HELP PLZ

well i got around that problem... i think cuz now i have a dvd with a setup folder in it alog wit the boot n the docs, efi, sources and everything umm now wen i restart my computer it goes into the thing i dont c n e fancy shiney curvey things but i c a black screen tht looks like this https://blogs.msdn.com/photos/hans_v...6/640x480.aspx

can some one please help me... i think i didnt make the dvd properly
if u think tas the case can u plz tell me how to make it
i m a total noooob at this srrry guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-help-cant-burn-dvd-help-plz-104520.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just downloaded a movie and it came in 2 files and also there are 2 subtitles files in SRT.

(movie name CD 1).avi
(movie name CD 1).srt

(movie name CD 2).avi
(movie name CD 2).srt

i am new to all of this,i just download two avi files that needs to be spliced together and burned to dvd can you please e-mail me detail instructions on what programs i need and how to use them. thx

i also want to see subtitles when i play it with my DVD player. and also wanna know how to burn a DVD with nero express

i have no problem to see subtitles with WMP i just wanna see them in my dvd player. i have VobSub already

i downloaded the movies in bittorrent. and alll what i downloaded are legal coz there is a stupid that closed my thread because he thought i was doing illegal downloads

A:wanna find free movie splice and wanna know how to burn a dvd

Closing, banned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wanna-find-free-movie-splice-and-wanna-know-how-to-burn-a-dvd.520717/
Relevancy 44.72%

Burning 960GB of Data to a Verbatim 16X DVD-R its already taken nearly 20mins...Burner is
an LG DVD RAM GSA-H30N...why so long? any faster way?

Relevancy 44.72%

Using Vista MovieMaker I have captured video from video recorder then, using Vista DVD burner, have tried to write the edited result to my burner, an AD-5170A Sony Optiarc using DVD-R discs. The resultant burn seems to reach 98.5% completion and then fails. The firmware has been updated with no improvement. Writing video to CD is no problem. Have tried numerous DVDs with same result.

I'm not a techy and this is my 1st. post on this forum. Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you.

A:Can't Burn Video to DVD in Vista

Have you ever been able to burn any other videos to DVDs successfully?

If not I would try another burning application, my favourite is ImgBurn, it's free and easy to use plus has never given me problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-burn-video-to-dvd-in-vista-510543.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello again to all of you excellent people I just purchased a Gateway Laptop that runs Vista nd Edition I was trying to copy a CD Pink Floyd s Dark Side of the Moon this will become important as I explain I was trying to locate some sort of application that either shortens lengthens or eliminate time between songs I could not find any applications to do anything I was never a big WMP user I always used NERO With Nero you can do a lot of editing including things like hiss reduction equalizer Burn ? WMP Solved: Vista's normalize Solved: Vista's WMP Burn ? etc Does WMP have anything similar to use I have an old Nero disc Solved: Vista's WMP Burn ? should I load that old software or should I purchase a newer version of Nero or are there any other options like some Freeware that is an acceptable application Thank you all so much This is without a doubt the best Forum for computer help I have ever seen and I am so glad to be a member nbsp

A:Solved: Vista's WMP Burn ?

I'd suggest taking a look at CDBurnerXP and Infra Recorder. Not sure how many of these links are still good, but I'm sure what you want is out there and free somewhere.

Free burning software:

Astroburn
AmoK CD/DVD Burner
CDRTools Frontend
DeepBurner and DeepBurner Portable for removable drives
FinalBurner
Infra Recorder
Burning Mill (Express or Advanced)
CDBurnerXP Pro (Works perfectly in Vista.)
DP CD/DVD Burner
Dirk Paehl's EasyBurning
Burnaware
UsefulUtils CD/DVD Burner
StarBurn
BWGBurn
SilentNight Micro CD/DVD/ISO Burner
Small CD-Writer (standalone)
BurnAtOnce
EasyISO
Terabyte ISO Burner (standalone)
ISO Recorder for XP
Burrrn audio CD creator
MP3 CD Doctor Lite audio CD burner
BurnOn CD/DVD (no spyware but free version is adware supported)
Burn4Free CD/DVD Copy
Turtle MP3 Burner
MS-DOS Burning Tools (direct download)
Zilla CD/DVD Rip N' Burn

More free burners:

http://www.wikihouse.com/writing/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vistas-wmp-burn.838544/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hellow i have an astronamical amount of music on my hard drive, id like to burn to cds, that will play in a cd player, was wondering if vista had a program for that sorta thing, like the dvd maker, or will i have to find software for that? ty

A:vista have a way to burn music to a cd?

Hello Jason,

In Windows Vista, you can burn Audio CD(That can play in your CD/DVD player) with the help of Windows Media Player And Windows Media Centre application. These applications are default prograam in Windows Vista.

Given below links can help you burning Audio CD:

Create an audio CD with Vista Media Player

Burn an audio CD in Windows Vista Media Center

Thanks.
Arvin

http://www.vistax64.com/software/289933-vista-have-way-burn-music-cd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

thanks...this is a sony vaio laptop 2 gb ram -and win vista ...so I need to take a copy from another dvd....could you help me ?..I don`t have NERO.....MERRY CHRISTMAS...from Colombia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-burn-a-dvd-or-cd-using-win-vista-ultimate-322740.html
Relevancy 44.72%

iv been having a burn issue for some time ever once in a while i can finish a full audio cd other times i cant burns one maybe even songs out of WMP says Burner is busy amp stops burning the ablum im calling this issue a fake burning i can burn other stuff just fine even live dvds that i use as storage i have Error Burn Vista no upper or lower filters even Vista Burn Error after doing a full reformat of my drive -- also have a windows service missing -- IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service -- Disk drives are as following -- HL-DT-ST - GWA- B lt ---- gt TSSTcorp SH-S N -- steps i have tryed are as following -- uninstall amp reinstall drives from device manager upgrade firmware for one drive the TSST but cant find the firmware for the other i checked the jumper settings amp have made the top drive new drive the master amp the old drive the slave have even changed the data cable but to no luck -- is there anything that can be done to fix this issue thanX ahead of time --

A:Vista Burn Error

im also having my pc freezing at ramdom times as well.. im thinking the cause of it might be one of the following.. the following below i found in the event viewer.

The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{7E070387-BAB8-4680-B3D4-4F91B35A0567} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.

&/oR

Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected changes. Microsoft recommends you analyze the software that made these changes for potential risks. You can use information about how these programs operate to choose whether to allow them to run or remove them from your computer. Allow changes only if you trust the program or the software publisher. Windows Defender can't undo changes that you allow.
For more information please see the following:
Not Applicable
Scan ID: {E49D9D4C-98A1-49FA-9CA5-74D3E82D05B6}
User: TheWarLord-PC\The WarLord
Name: Unknown
ID:
Severity ID:
Category ID:
Path Found: regkey:[email protected]\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Display All Images with Full Quality;iemenuext:[email protected]\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Display All Images with Full Quality;file:C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\appres.dll
Alert Type: Unclassified software
Detection Type:

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261689-vista-burn-error.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,
I just bought a brand ndew computer that hs Vista pre-installed. When I asked if there was a Vista disk in the box, the salesman told me that I'd have to burn one upon setting up my new computer.
Well, I did the setup, but throughout, there was no prompting to burn a disk at all.
How would I do this? My main concern is that down the road, I may have to format or something, or if the system crashes, how would I restore Vista without an actual disk to do so?
Thanks,
Kris

A:Burn A Vista Disk?

Who did you buy the computer from? Is it a major brand or a local builder? If its a local builder demand the media as they were supposed to give it to you. If it was a major manufacturer there should be a system restore cd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80251/burn-a-vista-disk/
Relevancy 44.72%

I bought an Acer - a couple of years ago I partition? a Can burn from Vista when Walmart had them on sale It came with Windows Vista preloaded Also once already I have been able to reinstall Vista from the partition that it is saved on on my hard drive The hard drive Can I burn Vista from a partition? is GB but under My Computer shows it as two drives C and D both about equal sizes I am guessing Acer has partitioned this GB drive into two sections I am exploring the possibility of switching to Ubuntu Linux However I am concerned that if I wipe the hard drive install Linux and then decide I don t like it I won t be able to go back to Vista I was wondering if there is a way to burn the Vista installation files or whatever it is onto a cd so that if I had to go back to it I can install it off of a disc Also if my hard drive ever crashes and I have to buy a new one then I won t also have to buy Vista again A fellow coworker said it is possible but requires discs Can someone help me with this Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I'm having a problem ripping cd's in vista; the problem occurs in both win media player and itunes. I turned on error correction and installed the firmware for my device.

This is my device...
I'm wondering if I bought the wrong kind of drive...

When I try to rip a cd, it rips the first song, then says error for all the rest.
I'm wondering if it's the wrong kind of drive, or if I have a setting wrong somewhere.

I've installed sofware from the drive with no problem.
thanks,
bp

Relevancy 44.29%

ANY MUSIC I DOWNLOAD I CAN PLAY ON TOWER ALL RIGHT, BUT I CAN NOT BURN A CD.
I HAVE MY SETTINGS ON WINDOWS MEDIA AUDIO, 128KBPS,
I HAVE NO OTHER PLUG INS JUST MY EMACHINE TOWER .

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM
6.0.6... BUILD 6000
MODEL T5062
AMD ATHLON 64 PROCESSOR 3800 +
24MHZ
896 MB RAM
32 BIT OPS SYSTEM
139 GB C DRIVE
10 GB D DRIVE
DRIVE E CD/DVD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-wont-burn-with-windows-vista.685205/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All

Hope someone can help me here

Just bought a brand new laptop, installed Vista business on it. Initialle everything was working fine. Excep when it comes to burning discs.

Windows Media Player 11 will not brun discs (audio discs), well the software will "simulate" burning songs to a disc, but when inserting the burned disc back into the laptop, the disc is blank. Nothing is recorded/burned onto the disc.

I have installed Roxio Burner software, this works with success. The same goes for recording data from Explorer to a disc. But WMP still does not work, can anyone elp me here?

I really like using the WMP for all my media stuff, so i hope someone can help me out.

Kind regards

/Jan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wmp-11-under-vista-business-will-not-burn-discs-253638.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an asus dvd rom, I tried installing the firmware, the issue occurs using win media player and itunes.

In win media player, it starts ripping the first tune, then says "error" under everything else.

I turned on error correction, I installed the firmware, but still have the same problem. I'm wondering if I bought the wrong kind of drive...

Anyone else run into that?
bp

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/211894-unable-play-burn-cds-vista.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Last week I burned some files to a CD, using the Burn command at the top of the folder that contains the files to be burned. They are in the Documents folder on the C drive.

Now, every time I boot my PC a message pops up on the task bar saying that I have files to be burned. It says click on the message to see the files. When I click on it, it opens a DVD that I have in the drive that I burned them to. I keep the DVD in the drive to save files that I want to keep. I sometimes add files to the DVD. When the DVD opens, it show all the files on it. The files that I burned to the CD are not on the DVD that is now in the drive.

How can I cancel the burn, to stop the pop up from occurring?

A:Solved: Burn to Disc in Vista

Find the CD burning folder and delete the files.
In XP, I would remove the disk, then open the DVD drive and the files would show, so they can be deleted.
I have found re-writable DVDs to be unreliable. Use an external drive instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burn-to-disc-in-vista.743781/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey hello to everyone / - burn Argh. files. Vista wav Can't WMP 11 I'm a new poster on Vista / WMP 11 - Can't burn wav files. Argh. the forum Unfortunately I am not all that verse when it comes to my knowledge of computers but hopefully I know enough to help you help me with this issue I've posted here because I am unsure if it is a problem specific to Windows Media Player Vista or perhaps the burner itself but it is a problem I've never encountered until vista Essentially I cannot burn WAV files for some reason with any burner that has been installed on the computer - It Vista / WMP 11 - Can't burn wav files. Argh. says various error messages - quot cannot open wav Vista / WMP 11 - Can't burn wav files. Argh. file quot quot error code C D D quot quot it is not possible to write files as they have errors or don't have burn rights quot I use COOLEDIT music sequencing software that I've never had a problem with burning it's mixed down wav's onto disc before this However burning a cd with the wav's I produce from the program is really the main thing I want to be using the laptop for It is a TOSHIBA Intel Core cpu bit operating system It comes with WMP and although it should be able to burn wav files it will not Is this something endemic to WMP or something to do with Vista's security media rights schtuff Or some setting I'm overlooking in my lack of knowledge about things Any help would be most appreciated thank you very muchly for your time -Sarah

A:Vista / WMP 11 - Can't burn wav files. Argh.

Hi! Similar situation here and a total novice. I have a new Vista system.

I uploaded a video from my digital video camera and I saved the audio as a wav file. It plays through the computer but I'd like to burn it to play in my car and home stereo. In the WMP Library, there is a red bullet in front of the file name and when I clicked on it for details, it said (to the effect that) WMP was unable to detect how long the file was and couldn't burn and suggested the file be played and maybe WMP could then determine it's length (75 mins.)

So the file sat in the list to burn while it played and at the end, I tried to burn again and got this error message:

Original Error Code C00D117D
Original Error Message Windows Media Player cannot open the WAV file

When I put in a new disk and I click on "burn disk," the disks keep ejecting with a message to put in a writable disk that I am already doing. CD-RW's will not work on my home stereo but the CD-R's do work.

I've been successfully uploading my old audio cassettes, saving them as wav files and then burning them.

Thank you for any help you can send my way, pawprintzz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wmp-11-cant-burn-wav-files-argh-142062.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I posted this and looked for the answer but couldn't find it. So I downloaded the ISO file from MS to burn but here's the thing, how do you actually get it to burn correctly? It either burns it EXACTLY again as an ISO, Burns exactly as *.png file that doesn't operate correctly or wants to open, or my program says "The image you are loading is above 2 gigs and cannot be copied as a bootable disk". ???? I'm using Nero version 6 recorder, sheesh if I knew it was going to be this hard just to copy the image to a working bootable disk I would have just coughed up 3 bucks to get the disk sent. At this rate maybe I should.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate Philips DVDR P burner and Nero DVD burning was fine until i installed Vista Now when i try to burn a DVD I get error messages When i use Windows default option for burning first it asks me for a Disc title and offers quot Live File System quot or quot Mastered quot If i choose LFS Windows start to format the DVD and i get quot windows was unable to complete the format quot message If i choose Mastered option i get to a Drag and drop screen and after dragging the items i get the bubble message quot You have files waiting to be burnd unable under burn DVDs I'm to Vista to disc quot When i click the quot Burn to disc quot button i'm shown the quot Adding data to the disc image quot screen while this is in the process my burner is inactive the whole time When the process is over disc is ejected and once i put it back in it's empty If i try using Nero the procedure goes like this I pick Data burning pick DVD i'm shown the explorer screen i drag the files and go to the Burn section and click the Burn button The burner starts to work Catching completes Burn process started SolidBurn activated Write error Burn process failed DVD ejected If i insert it once again it's empty Please help I'm unable to burn DVDs under Vista

A:I'm unable to burn DVDs under Vista

have you updated nero to ver 7.9

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/im-unable-to-burn-dvds-under-vista-208929.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
I am using Vista Home Premium and Windows Live Photo Gallery to try and burn some photos and videos to a data CD. I select the items I want to copy to the CD and then choose 'Make' and 'Burn a data CD' from the menu.
I then get an error message 'This computer doesn't have a CD burner or a DVD burner'.
The computer (HP Touchsmart) does have a burner and I can make DVD's OK.

Does anyone know what this problem is and how I can fix it?

Many thanks

Tony

Relevancy 44.29%

Which software is everybody using to burn the iso files to dvd. I have nero 6.0 but it want
burn a bootable dvd over 2 giz. I burned a dvd in data mode but it want boot Any help would be appriated.
davidj1950

Relevancy 44.29%

I recorded some tv shows. I want to burnthem to a DVD. I get as far as "Select Disc Format". I choose DVD and hit next. Then Media center shuts down amd says rgwew was an error.

HELP please - I dread getting on the phone with Dell.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-media-center-cant-burn-dvd.738919/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

In Vista, how to burn folders and files into a recordable DVD without using other software?
I burned folders and files into a recordable DVD before, but I cannot remember how I did this!

Thank you in advance!

A:In Vista, how to burn folders and files into a recordable DVD?

Hi
Perhaps this information from MS will help. Good Luck
Burn a CD or DVD

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301620-vista-how-burn-folders-files-into-recordable-dvd.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When I drag a file to the CD drive icon or window I get the ghostbusters circle with a line through it. Also when I select a file and click on the Burn button icon NOTHING happens.

I can copy files to the CD using xcopy in a cmd window, but not with the Vista interface/shell. I am not alone with this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix?????

A:Can not drag and drop to burn files to CD with Vista

Issue resolved by reinstalling with Clean option vs. Upgrade. A lot of work, but CD burner now works as it should. However, now my external monitor/projector is not detected so the disaster continues under a new post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/can-not-drag-and-drop-to-burn-files-to-cd-with-vista-289951.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am using Windows Vista which came with windows DVD maker

I used the DVD maker a few times to burn full length movies that i recorded with my T.V card with no problems and i also used it to burn AVI files with no problems

Now it will not burn larger files 1.5 to 2 hours in length but has no problem with smaller files that are 1/2 hour in length

It also does not burn a large file that it burnt about a week ago

What am i doing wrong or what can i check

Do i have to buy and regster the DVD maker because i never did but it never tells me that i have to. Can i check for this ?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

A:Vista DVD Maker cannot burn large files

hello

dvd maker comes with vista free (not really you paid for it) here is a link that may help.
http://video.google.com/videosearch...sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-dvd-maker-cannot-burn-large-files.819468/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a problem burning DVDs since the space left in the system partition it's only 3.6 GB, so everytime I try to burn a DVD, windows states that the Disc doesn't have enough room to fit the files. The DVD it's an empty 4.5 GB DVD, so I reckon that the problem's not the DVD but actually the Vista Temporary Burning Folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn) that doesn't have enough room. Also I can't free any space on my windows partitions since I have all the software that I use there.

Now, the question, does anybody know how can I move this folder to other partition where I have plenty of space?

If anyone knows the answer I would really appreciate it!

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

A:How to move Vista Burn temporary folder?

I?m running Vista Business and I?m having the same problem too. At this point, the only thing I can think of is to move the entire profile folder to another partition; but, from what I?ve read, that seems somewhat involved. I?ve tried going into the registry to change the burn location, but even that hasn?t worked (yet). I?m going to keep looking into this and I?ll post again if I find anything.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180642-how-move-vista-burn-temporary-folder.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am completely lost as to what to do in regards to a problem I have been having with reading and writing DVDs and CDs Basically my computer has lost this functionality and I believe it is either a result of a registry error of something software related I know it is a software issue since even ISO files that are loaded from a program like MagicISO fail Cannot Computer or DVDs Vista - CDs Read/Burn to load The computer shows the drives normally Even when a DVD or ISO is inserted mounted the computer recognizes that there are discs but fails to read them I never had this problem before but it is completely distrupted my computer s ability to burn read DVDs and CDs When either a blank or burnt disc is inserted the computer recognizes the discs are there but does not load an AutoPlay or Computer Cannot Read/Burn CDs or DVDs - Vista anything Trying to load each disc manually Computer Cannot Read/Burn CDs or DVDs - Vista prompts an error saying quot Please insert a disc quot while the disc is already inserted The burn feature on my computer claims to work in Windows Media Player but all my CD s are corrupted when they are actually used after a burn on a CD Player My device manager says everything is fine When I enter iTunes I get an error message saying that the registry settings are corrupted NOTE I have attempted to reinstall it with little luck Photo below My disk management thing shows the size of the discs that have been inserted but gives no further insight as to why the content of the discs are not loading NOTE I have tried to rename the letter of the drive For example changing the C drive to an E drive Photo below I checked a tutorial to potentially fix the problem that told me to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters in some registry folder since I had installed some GEAR drivers which I no longer wanted Specifically the Filters were in the location of HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class Photo below I m just wondering if anyone could help me in any way Thanks and I hope the images help you grasp the situation better ----------------------------------------------------------------------- OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia MS C AR Antivirus None nbsp

A:Computer Cannot Read/Burn CDs or DVDs - Vista

Having more than one burning application on the machine is asking for trouble. iTunes installs optical disk drivers, Windows does, MagicIso does, and any other multimedia application may also have burning functionality.

I'd start by reducing those numbers. Specifically, MagicIso may well be the culprit in this case. It has been a problem for people since it first saw the light of day.

(By the way, those "filters" that you deleted may have been the drivers for one of the programs I mentioned above. Most of them work by installing filter drivers that coat-tail the basic cdrom.sys driver.)

But, all of this assumes that the drive itself is OK. If it were me, I would check the drive before anything else. And the best way to do that is to try to burn a CD in a completely different operating system, like Linux. That will tell you clearly if Windows is at fault, or the drive.

This bootable CD (or USB stick) has a CD burner program:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Parted Magic disk partitoning tool (Bootable CD image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you played games recently on that machine? Were they games that required that the CD be inserted? Did you try to play it by mounting an image of the CD? If so, the game's security may have installed a rootkit to disable your drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cannot-read-burn-cds-or-dvds-vista.989398/
Relevancy 43.43%

Is there somewhere to go on a working PC to burn recovery cd's? The last time I installed Vista, it prompted me to make recovery disks. I was only able to make 4 of them. I believe there are supposed to be 5 or 6 disks. It won't allow me to finish recovery without the other disks.

A:Burn recovery disks from working Vista computer?

Hi -

Each system manufacturer can have different methods of burning recovery discs. Try this -
START | type recovery - what options come up?

Also, check your system manufacturer's web site - "Support". They usually have a copy of the owner's manual which contains the instructions for burning the recovery DVDs.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burn-recovery-disks-from-working-vista-computer-473836.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've been fighting this problem with Dell for months now. Every time I try to burn a recorded tv program to a DVD, I get a burn failure error. It used to work intermittently, but it won't work at all now. Nobody at Dell seems to have an answer. Please Help!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/216536-burn-error-vista-premium-32-bit-media-center.html
Relevancy 43%

hi to you all!

I have a cd-rw with me and i wish to copy some mp3 songs to the cd and listen in my car.

Previosly, i managed to copy mp3 to the cd-rw with windows xp. Afterthat, i tried to use my windows vista to copy the mp3 to the cd-rw and it was failed saying that the cd is write protected. I know that the file system is different from the windows xp, which is UDF and CDFS for windows xp....so bad. I really wish to copy song to the cd with my windows vista (my desktop and laptop also use windows vista). What should i do now? Have to download the software?

Thanks

A:cd-rw problem with windows vista, burn a mp3 cd by windows vista failed!

i m downloading the Nero software now, hope it can help.
How come the windows xp so easy and the windows vista so stupid one!!!
Even i wanted to format the cd also cannot, it mentioned that the cd is " write protected&#8220;.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-problem-with-windows-vista-burn-a-mp3-cd-by-windows-vista-failed.714989/
Relevancy 43%

To order 64-bit Vista media dvd:
Windows Vista Alternate Media

64-bit DVD
If your system features a 64-bit processor, you can take advantage of its advanced design by ordering 64-bit software media. You'll get the same interface, features, and functions, but you'll get them in an operating system that takes advantage of access to vastly more memory. All installation files are on a single disc. Please note that 64-bit media is included in the box with the purchase of Windows Vista Ultimate.

Shipping/handling fee (less than $10)

note- this free Vista media upgrade is just for retail versions of Vista (i.e., store purchased. If your version came pre-installed on your computer it is called OEM, and 64-bit (x64) media must be obtained from them.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/173807-free-retail-vista-32-bit-upgrade-vista-64-bit.html
Relevancy 43%

I installed the free Zone Alarm for Vista ... I have Vista HP ... And it really slowed down FireFox.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZoneAlarm_Free_for_Vista_d5693.html

Took FF about 10 >15 seconds to connect, and IE was almost instantaneous.
Removed ZA and re-installed FF .. and fixed the FF speed problem.

Anyone have a experience with the free Vista ZA .. before I try to put it back in ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-free-vista-zone-alarm.594002/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have gb external drive I don't mind using the external drive to burn the system image on as i barely ever use it and yes it still works However I worry about system image being re written by virus burn messag or to Question to System burn cds? image in external drive should i ever get a virus spyware malware ect on my external drive and then the viruses re enters my system everytime System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag i use the system image The whole point of even me using the system image would be in the event i get a virus and i just can't rid of it or I just really wanna be sure its gone So i use the system image to delete everything and restore only what was on the system image So my question is do you think if be the safer bet to just store the system image on none-rewritable cds Perhaps this is not very convenient as i would need more than probably cds but would it be safer and would it let me install it on more than cd I think the system image is about gbs So i may need up to cds to store gbs each going from part to part Is it going to let me do that Oh and i just might make a back up on my external drive as just as emergency back up in the given case one or all my cds don't fully work or should one out of ever fail

A:System image burn to external drive or burn to cds? Question in messag

Hello Trent,

It would be best to create the system image on a HDD instead. A CD/DVD is less reliable to restore from, and more expensive for how many you would need.

You can do what's in the NOTE box at the top of the tutorial below to keep multiple copies of system images on the same HDD. This way you can create a system image backup that you know is clean, rename the backup folder to keep it so new system images will not replace it. Just repeat this every so often to have a updated system image that you know is clean.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/117428-system-image-burn-external-drive-burn-cds-question-messag.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I m not sure if this is the right section but here s the problem can but files burn pictures burn Solved: can't to disc I I Yesterday I tried to burn a folder containing pictures about MB worth and a few WordPad files onto a brand new blank CD-RW disc with MB of space using the Mastered format When I tried burning the files to disc I got Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files a message saying quot There was an error burning this disc It might no longer be usable quot I tried using another blank disc and got the same error I also tried using an older CD-R disc that still had Solved: I can't burn pictures to disc but I can burn files plenty of room on it and I still got the same error I also tried burning just the pictures and not the files and got the same error I then tried to burn just the files and not the pictures This time it worked I was able to burn the WordPad files to the disc but not the pictures Any ideas why this is happening I was able to burn pictures onto a blank disc just weeks ago without any problems but now it won t work I m using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Basic nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I thought it would be a good idea in keeping with the overall secure free try free/free source software? and sites & Good movies legal to for goal of this site to Good source sites for secure & legal free movies and free/free to try software? start a thread to give people a list of legal and secure sites for downloading free or dirt-cheap movies music and software games I believe this would helpful in terms of not just telling people not to visit support pirating websites but to also give them other alternatives so that there wouldn't be a temptation to go there anyway And also for people like me that Don't want to steal but also don't want to pay more than I have to Master list of sites for free dirt cheap movies music and free free to try software Music Open Music Archive LEGAL NOTICE Contains music with expired copyright according Good source sites for secure & legal free movies and free/free to try software? to UK copyright law which states that the copyright expires years after the author's death As such some of the music may be considered pirated in countries with longer copyright periods For example The longest copyright period I know of is Mexico years after the author's death INCOMPETECH This guy composes his own music and gives it away for free Movies and or TV Hulu Movies and tv free with ads or for cost of membership watchable without ads http www epixhd com Free for Dishnetwork users Netflix Not completely free but VERY low price Software WARNING As stated by Quietman Many free Software Sites contain ads or link to sites containing ads with misleading download links to potentially dangerous software Be sure to click the correct download link which is usually smaller than the false link and it's usually a good Idea to avoid clicking on links with the words Reccomended or Important next to the link Even if the correct download link is selected Potentially unwanted programs PUPs May be installed if you click through without opting out Bleeping Computer Cnet Download Wide variety of software including games Game demos video and audio players editors etc Cnet installs PUPS practically as a rule unless you opt out MajorGeeks SnapFiles FileHippo Also has a utility for keeping programs up to date A list of unsafe legally questionable for free sites would probably be helpful as well

A:Good source sites for secure & legal free movies and free/free to try software?

That is a good question.
When I think about it Hulu does have movies.
I use Netflix.
I can use http://www.epixhd.com/ as I have Dishnetwork and can use that to be able to watch. Yup, just tested works good.
Many of the Movies channels can be watched that way.

Cheers
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522071/good-source-sites-for-secure-legal-free-movies-and-freefree-to-try-software/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am using Nero to burn media movies and have been successful on a few attempts but lately I have been getting an error message and am not sure what it means Any help is greatly appreciated A - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version e Recorder lt TEAC DVD RW DV-W E gt Version D C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B movies to burn Error Failed Burn when trying atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral TEAC DVD RW DV-W E atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JD- HKA atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B D CDRom TEAC DVD RW DV-W E E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Burn Failed Error when trying to burn movies Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer TEAC DVD RW DV-W E running PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder TEAC DVD RW DV-W E Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media Type ID E Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks TEAC DVD RW DV-W E -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder TEAC DVD RW DV-W E for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h End Sector Number in Layer h LBN FFFD h MB Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Disc Application Code h Extended Information indicators h Disc Manufacturer ID CMC MAG Media type ID E Product revision number Number of Physical format information bytes in use in ADIP up to byte Media Sp... Read more

A:Burn Failed Error when trying to burn movies

What kind of movies are you burning? Are you using DVD Shrink first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-failed-error-when-trying-to-burn-movies.52084/
Relevancy 40.85%

hello guy's...!!!this forum is great...keep it rolling...it is very good...!!!
now i have a question for you!!!can i burn a cd/dvd while i am defragmenting the partition from where i want to burn the data?i didn't tried this thing yet...but i don't want to have some problems so I am asking you if you know something about this...!!!best regards...!!!!greetings!!!

A:can i burn a cd/dvd while i'm defrgmenting a partition from where a want to burn data

I can't say that I've tried that myself. I guess it could be possible that the data could be corrupted if the files that you're burning are being moved at the time, but that chance is pretty low I suppose. Give it a try if you want to, but don't be surprised if everything runs extremely slow, or if the CD ends up having corrupted data. I'd advise either pausing the defrag or just waiting until it finishes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-burn-a-cd-dvd-while-im-defrgmenting-a-partition-from-where-a-want-to-burn-data-389839.html
Relevancy 39.99%

i have been using it for a while now on my vista laptop but when i transitioned my vista desktop with extra users from yop(yahoo online protection) to avg free 8 every time it Schedule scans it doesnt auto quarrentine the tracking cookies whereas on my laptop which has only 1 user account does.

so what i want to know is how do i elavate the privleges for just the Scheduled scan & would that work?

also why do i sometimes get the gui side by side error?

Relevancy 39.99%

I have a hp dv6700t labtop with vista home premium. It really sucks so I want to get rid of it, but I don't want to spend $100 on xp, so where can I get xp pro for free? And is sp3 better than sp2? Will I have any problems putting it on or will I need some other sort of program/driver for it to while it is downloading?

A:Getting Xp Pro For Free And Getting Rid Of Vista

All I can suggest is to call HP support and find out your options. There was a downgrade option but it was mainly for businessesNo subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.Topic is closed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169503/getting-xp-pro-for-free-and-getting-rid-of-vista/
Relevancy 39.99%

In case you haven't noticed, AVG is retiring ver 7.5. You must uninstall it to install ver.8AVG Free ver.8 This article Here says there might be a problem downloading it for Vista. According to the article, if you have a problem there is a patch HERE

A:Avg Free Ver.8 And Vista

I downloaded Ver. 8 and it my impression it is only free for 30 days. Am i correct.
Russ

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145009/avg-free-ver8-and-vista/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an older HP pavilion a4600f that runs  windows vista, I would like to upgrade to 7 and i was wondering if their is a way to do it for free or very cheaply.
If not then it is not really much of a problem I was just wondering if it was possible.

Thanks,
            Superking75

A:Is vista to 7 free

Unfortunately there is no free upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. The only time that was available was near Vista's end of life. If you purchased a new computer HP would send a Windows 7 disk. 

The other possible problem is if there are Windows 7 drivers for your computer and other devices such as printers. Usually a Vista driver will work on Windows 7.

The cheapest way would be to purchase a Windows 7 OEM license.

Edit:Because you have another computer with Windows you may want to think about putting a linux distro like Mint or Ubuntu on the computer.

What are the specs of the computer? I could not find anything on that model number.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604022/is-vista-to-7-free/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have vista 32 & use avg free 7.5 antivirus. I received an "Interactive services dialog detector" message stated there is a "partial incompatibility". The message with not go away. avg seems to be working just fine. Vista seems fine. Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

A:Vista 32 And Avg Free 7.5

Can you post the full text of the message? That message can be thrown by a number of programs. Is there any specific program mentioned?Do you play games with this machine? Has this machine ever had PunkBuster installed and active?Have you installed anything recently?Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139853/vista-32-and-avg-free-75/
Relevancy 39.99%

Free unlimited Help and Support from Microsoft for Vista SP-1 installation and compatibility issues until March 3, 2009. Unfortunately this link is for the USA only. There is a link at the bottom for those outside the USA.

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921

Relevancy 39.99%

I have used my pc as a fax 10 years ago in windows 95 98 98se and xp
why can i not fax a word document in vista ?
is it not a basic fuction of a home office ?
why is it not included with vista ?
If i connect an old dial up modem can i use it as a fax in vista.

is this planned with vista sp ?

thank God i have a dual boot with xp.

Have you lost reality Microsoft.

A:free fax in vista

Windows Fax and Scan available in the Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista.
I don't have Vista so can not confirm this positively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-fax-in-vista.714516/
Relevancy 39.99%

I upgraded mce to vista under the impression it was free. At the end of 30 days it wanted a product key. What key should I have given it? Mce key?

Relevancy 39.99%

is it possible to get vista for free..ish?!

A:free vista

Nope, you will need to buy one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-vista.600336/
Relevancy 39.56%

I highly recommend this:

http://speed-up-vista.classes.cnet.com/
It worked for me. I did NOT delete any of my Fonts though. I like having the choice. And if you are running 64 bit Windows OS you may want to steer clear of “EasyCleaner”. I went with “CCleaner” (CCleaner v2.00.475 Beta) and it does work—one little bug—I recommend it for 64 bit users.

Overall, at the end of the online class I had noticeable improved performance.

A:Speed Up Vista...FREE

I never use either of those as they have hosed enough systems, thank you.Try Advanced Disk Cleaner:
http://www.innovative-sol.com/cleaner/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-up-vista-free.611760/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista Home Premium and a Dual-Core Processor. I just upgraded to 2 Gig of memory (from 1 gig) and it's only showing 54% Physical Memory in the task manager with 62 processes running. Shouldn't I have more than 54% free memory with 2 gig?. Also what is the norm for number of processes running for Vista??

A:Low Free Memory With Vista

I have 57 processes on..

6 gigs of ram and thats 19% of Physical Memory.

CPU usage = 3%

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165216/low-free-memory-with-vista/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all,
Since WinZip is now only letting you have a 45 day trial period, here's a free one. This is a open source free zip program called 7-Zip. It work perfectly with the 32/64 bit Vista even though it's made for XP. It even adds a context menu item for it.

Make sure you download the right Version (32/64 bit Windows with the newest date) and uninstall any other Zip program first (EX: WinZip, WinRAR, etc.) before installing.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Make sure that after you install it, you do this:
1. open 7-Zip File Manager (in start menu, all programs)
2. click on Tools (in 7-Zip)
3. click on Options
4. now check all the file types you want associated with 7-Zip.
5. click OK to apply

Screenshot of program:
See attached image below.

I recommend it,
Shawn

A:free 7-Zip program for 32/64 Vista

I am running the x64 stable version of 7-zip. I'm getting very strange behavior and the file associations do not save.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/66094-free-7-zip-program-32-64-vista.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have had my Vista two days now. Since my XP crashed. I know vista comes with Norton for 90 day's free, but I can not stand Norton. I used AOL's Active virus Shield on my Xp, but for some reason I can't get it to download on Vista.
It is suppose to be compatible with Vista, but I get the error that the vendor hasn't proven that it's Windows Compatible.

If there are other "good" spy ware programs out there please advise?
Much appreciated.

Terri

A:Vista Free Spyare Help

Technically Vista doesn't come with Norton, although you can get a computer with both Norton and Vista. You can easily, and with understand, ditch Norton. Vista does come with a built-in anti-spyware program Windows Defender. What you then still need is a anti-virus program. There are a couple of free ones that work with Vista: Antivir Classic, AVG Free and Avast Free. Personally I am using NOD32 on Vista, which is great, but it isn't free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100100/vista-free-spyare-help/