Windows Support Forum

DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Q: DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok, I am at a friend's house and his computer is Windows XP and it is set up so that he dials up onto his DSL access on this computer and then other computers connect to the network through this computer. He unplugged the network plug and I plugged it into my laptop couldn't get it to work. So I tried to set it up so that my computer would be the one it would connect to using Network Wizard and at the end of that it said it failed. Then we tried it on my friend's laptop again and no use. The internet works on his desktop but now whenever we try to connect through a laptop it comes up saying, Limited or no Connectivity. What should I do?

A:Network Isn't Working - Computers Can't Connect Through This One

I'll bumb this for you, so the guys can take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-isnt-working-computers-cant-connect-through-this-one.422143/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi guys, im working in a small hotel and im having a problem with our wireless network.
Some of our guest couldnt detect our wiless network and some of them can. I already ruled out the possibility of iterferance because i tried to bring one of my guest laptop in our server room but still couldnt detect the signal. I already did some basic trouble shooting like reseting the server and turning their wireless adapter on and off but still didnt work.

Most of their lap tops are running vista and they were brand new.(toshibas and hp's)

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mark

Relevancy 60.2%

Good Morning I am a teacher at a K- School and I have also been roped into being the go-to Tech Guy as well Our building used to have a very old server that basically working now ISP and Solved: computers not Changed network some just served as a place for teachers to store files and not much else We have just changed ISPs and decided that we no longer needed the Solved: Changed ISP and now some network computers not working server at all I disconnected the server from the network and replaced the old ISP s modem with the new ISP s modem At first everything seemed OK My computer and several other teachers connected to the Internet with no problem However some of the computers in Solved: Changed ISP and now some network computers not working the building could not connect We get error messages with quot limited or no connectivity quot Part of me thought that perhaps the connections themselves are bad However when I take my laptop to classrooms with trouble connecting - mine connects easily using their cables If I move their computers to my room their laptops still won t connect I have put my computer side-by-side with another one to make sure the settings were the same auto-detect IP DNS etc and can t find differences This problems is affecting our Windows Vista and XP computers the same I would appreciate any thoughts about what to try next Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi working Remote only for desktop (all network) same computers some all I've been having some issues with Remote Desktop Connections and Remote desktop working for only some computers (all same network) I can't seem to find an answer after googling and looking through previous threads Hoping to hear everyone's thoughts on what I may be missing out on Situation There are computers within my work place - Desktop D connected via LAN cable Spare laptop S connected to wifi Laptop connected via LAN cable and wifi I hope to remotely control the desktop unit D from the Spare unit S but when I try to I encounter the standard error quot Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons quot I am able to remotely connect to D using Laptops - but unfortunately these laptops are often used for other reasons so I would still need to use S most of the time Between Laptops - and S S seems to be able to remotely connect to laptop but the same error appears for laptops and Connecting from D to the other units the standard error appears in each scenario I find this strange but it's not important I do not have to remotely control the laptops from my desktop When I try to ping the various units this was what I observed S ping to D timed out ping to D lost S ping to lost S ping to timed out S ping to lost In the other direction D ping to lostt D ping to timed out D ping to S timed out Hope the information is relevant Would appreciate advice on how I may get S to remotely connect with D or an explanation on why it may not be possible to accomplish what I hope to do Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394618-remote-desktop-working-only-some-computers-all-same-network.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi.
We have five PC's with 3 running XP and two new ones on Windows 7. Since we have had it, abet only 2 days the network has been running fine on my Windows 7 X64 to both the other Windows 7 and XP systems and I was able to copy across the network, etc with no problems.

I was away from the X64 for a time and it went into Sleep mode and on waking I no longer have a network. Nothing has changed on my settings or the other PC's.

I have found various things that people have tried to fix this, homegroups, sharing, etc and either nothing works or they are too technical for me.

It's very frustrating, would appreciate any help people can offer. Please note, instructions in laymans terms would be great .

Thanks,
Kirsty

A:Network of computers with mixed operating systems was working now not

Believe me I'm no Homegroup or network person but just try rebooting all systems. The setting just my go back to where they were.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280186-network-computers-mixed-operating-systems-working-now-not.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Network does not show computers, but I have a batch file that will load them and log in. I have used Credential Manager to set up accounts and if I try to log into a computer from "Run", it still requests a password. Both these issues are working on Windows 8 with no problem; I have four computers set up as Network Locations with one being XP. The problem computer is a tablet running 10 which I can reach with the other three.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39125-network-not-showing-computers-credintial-manager-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a wireless network with three computers two xp pc s and a laptop running vista After trying to install TVersity my laptop can no longer see the other computers in the network nor can they see the laptop When I go to Manage Network Connections the network connection is not displayed The following is what I get when I run other see laptop can't Solved: computers network the ipconfig command When Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mark gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet Solved: laptop can't see other network computers adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B-BE- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E - D- - Solved: laptop can't see other network computers DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b d e fffc a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday November PM Lease Expires Friday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- -F -DB- - B- - -C -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E GBE N IC Physical Address - B- - -C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C DF - ECE- - A- E C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Ada... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I have a small network setup with 3 (1 XP and 2 Win7) laptops and one desktop (Win 7). All machines can see shared files/folders with each other. Everything was working fine. Suddenly, yesterday, the XP laptop stopped seeing all the Win 7 machines and the win7 machines stopped seeing the XP laptop. I have no problem pinging each PC and pinging the gateway on the XP and Win7 machines., but they can't see each other. What can I do?

Relevancy 58.91%

I recently upgraded my upstairs desktop formerly Windows and my laptop formerly Windows to Windows Since then I have spent hours and hours trying to get them visible to each other on my home private network no homeGroup I have a total of computers on my network upstairs desktop W computers other network unable see/access on Laptop to downstairs desktop W XP Home and laptop W I have now been successful in getting the two desktops to see each other and share files and printing My laptop on the other hand has been a different story The laptop sees the upstairs desktop computer but not the downstairs desktop computer When I try to access files on the upstairs Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network desktop I get an error and run the troubleshooter and it comes Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network up with quot One or more network protocols are missing on this computer quot quot Windows Sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing quot I can get to the internet on the laptop with no problem If I turn the upstairs desktop and laptop off boot up the laptop FIRST and then the upstairs desktop everything works fine but as soon as I turn the laptop off and restart I get the same issues of not seeing the downstairs desktop and file accessing of the upstairs desktop becomes an issue Any ideas or help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37095-laptop-unable-see-access-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows laptop cannot access network computers Network setup W laptop Home v but problem was even before v access laptop network cannot Windows computers 10 connected via either Ethernet or wireless to a TP-link MR router firewall disabled W Windows 10 laptop cannot access network computers tablet Pro v wireless W desktop Ethernet connected Internet is provided via a separate LTE router connected to the TP-link Buffalo NAS LS connected via cable to TP-link Problem cannot access other computers or NAS on my home network from my w laptop COMPUTERNAME or IP-address makes no difference Also The laptop itself cant be accessed from other computers Other computers can see the laptop but generate x windows cannot access when I click on the laptop The same happens when trying to access other computes from the laptop The laptop can see the tablet but not the W desktop If I enable disable SMB in the NAS or create a new folder in the NAS I can sometimes get the NAS visible from the laptop until next reboot however I can never browse the shared folders This was possible from the laptop a few weeks ago before the problems started There has never been any problem to access the webGUI s for the router or NAS from the laptop The tablet W desktop amp NAS has no problem accessing each others folders I have spent many days on this and lost track of all suggested fixes amp registry hacks that I have tried without success but below is a list of some things tested Enable network discovery filesharing disable password protection etc advanced sharing page tested all settings Reinstalled all network cards Enable Netbios over TCP-IP Adding a new local user account Setting Full Control for everyone for a shared folder Changed COMPUTERNAMES to CAPS Client for microsoft is installed in TCP-IPV Disabled windows firewall Blocked incoming port TCP Turning NAS desktop laptop on off in different order NAS become master browser if turned on first if not W desktop The laptop does not seem to be able to take the role of master browser Removed homegroups from all computers laptop cannot join homegroup and other computers cant join homegropup on laptop I'm just about to give up and make a clean install of w on the laptop not looking forward to that with GB to back up without access to my NAS Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64749-windows-10-laptop-cannot-access-network-computers.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have looked through many posts here on this topic but haven t really found an answer for my situation My two desktop computers see each other and share files and printers with no problems at all through a DLink DI router My new laptop however cannot see the other computers at all to internet, New computers can't other laptop network... but see accesses on share files with them It surfs the net fine but cannot access the desktop computers which are networked I have checked that all three computers are using the same workgroup Codling Network I am able to ping both of the other desktop computers from my laptop Here is my ipconfig all printout from my laptop Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings RICK gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TOSHIBA-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network... RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -A - New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network... E- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -CE-B -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Is the NodeType unknown a problem I ve read a few people who had peer-to-peer nodetypes and this was their problem but mine is just unknown Or New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network... is there something else at work here Kindest regards for all the technically advanced people who help out all the rest of us Thanks Steve nbsp

A:New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-accesses-internet-but-cant-see-other-computers-on-network.609510/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just got a laptop for work, but can't get it to find our server so I can get to work files. If I use the RDC, I can get on the server.
I want to map the network drive so I have access to my work files no matter where I am at.
I know the IP to get on my work desktop from home, and i can connect directly to the server via RDC from home too.

How do I get my laptop to map a network drive when it can not find the server in the network?

Thanks

A:Laptop Connects to Wifi, Cannot find Network Computers

Are you using Windows? It sounds like you need to turn on network discovery. I've included a screen shot of what it should look like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-wifi-cannot-find-network-computers.1107100/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all Like the title says whenever I hop on the internet via WiFi my brother s computer and the family computer get very slow internet with high ping and low frame rate even though I have great internet and ping of or so The Issue might be worse if I am downloading or playing games online I am not sure My laptop is the one in my profile specs and is about feet from router modem My brother s computer is a Homemade desktop about - feet away from router modem The family computer is a desktop that is next to the router modem and connected via Ethernet cable internet Whenever on use on network all laptop latency other I computers high get They both have great connections and low ping except when I am on no matter what they are doing even when my brother is playing World of Warcraft online and someone is surfing or watching videos on the family computer As soon Whenever I use internet on laptop all other computers on network get high latency as I hop on my brother s ping will jump to ms often ms and the family computer slows to a crawl but I can play games and whatever as normal with only rare spikes to a max of ms This has been going on for awhile now basically ever since I got this laptop The old laptop I used to use never caused this Please help me know what is causing this Thanks nbsp

A:Whenever I use internet on laptop all other computers on network get high latency

QoS set on the router.
Outdated firmware for the router.
Outdated driver for wireless adapter.
To many running applications that need/utilize the internet on your laptop.
Malware/Virus on your laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-use-internet-on-laptop-all-other-computers-on-network-get-high-latency.1152101/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I am having a problem where I can't see any of my homes XP Computers in the My Network Places Folder on my new Vista Laptop and I can't see the Laptop on any of the XP Computers. However if I use Run and type \\(ipaddress) I can access the files on it just fine. So for some reason they aren't showing up in the My Network Places Folder, is there any reason for that? And does anyone know how I can fix it.

If worst comes to worst I can just create a makeshift My Network Places Folder and put shortcuts to the \\ipaddress's of the XP computers. But I would really like to figure this out.

If you need any more information feel free to ask and I will happily provide.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone,

I have a wired home network with 3 desktop computers. When one user is playing an on-line game and another user on a different comp tries to join SAME game, it will either boot off the first user or not allow second user to connect. Specs:

Network Cable Router;
Linksys Model NR041 4 port
Second users comp;
P4 2.4B
PC-Chips M960GV MoBo
MSI gForce 6600 128 Vid Card
1.5 Meg Ram
80 Gig hard drive
Specs for Computer user #1 is attached with my sig when I post this request for assistance.

Relevancy 55.04%

Would like to find out why I cannot see a hard drive on another computer on my home network Here is the background I took and put a SSD as C drive on a HP Pavilion and put that HD seeing computers by other home problem drive network ST LM HN-M into the CD drive bay which makes the HD drive D Did the share of that drive right click on D Share with gt Advance sharing gt Advance Sharing gt Permissions gt Everyone In the box Permissions for Everyone checked all boxes Went to my main desktop Gigabyte amp opened Windows Explorer Can see computers that are on Gigabyte Basement Lenovo and the Pavilion Click on Pavilion and I see D amp Users Click on D and home network problem seeing drive by other computers get Network Error box Windows cannot access Pavilion-pc d You do not have permissions to access Pavilion-pc d Contact your network administrator to request access I am network administrator but do not know how to fix this Another thing I did was go to Basement computer amp opened Windows Explorer Clicked on Pavilion and it shows D home network problem seeing drive by other computers Click on D and I can see what is on that drive Can open any file like a Word doc Gigabyte is running Windows Pro -bit Lenovo is running Windows Home When I home network problem seeing drive by other computers open Windows Explorer I see the computers Click on Pavilion and get the same as the Gigabyte Cannot see what is on D Basement is running Windows Pavilion is running Windows I bet this is going to be something that I have overlooked and will be an easy fix for someone that knows what they are doing Thank you for the help

A:home network problem seeing drive by other computers

What Firewall/Internet Security software are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64859-home-network-problem-seeing-drive-other-computers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a new Windows laptop and I sharing the problem network on same computers between files have successfully connected shared my old Windows laptop to my Windows laptop via an Ethernet cable so that I can copy files from the old to problem sharing files between computers on the same network the new An odd problem has occurred When attempting to copy some folders e g quot My Pictures quot quot My Music quot only a portion of the existing files are getting copied When I look at the quot Properties quot of the folder on my old computer I see the true folder problem sharing files between computers on the same network size and number of files in that folder However when I view the properties of that same folder on my new computer via the shared network and before I initiate any copying to the new computer the folder size and number of files is far less For other folders I've shared between the two computers all files are present and accounted for e g quot My Documents quot For the folders on my old laptop where the folder size and file count don't match what I see on the new laptop I have quot unshared quot those folders and quot re-shared quot them to see if that made any difference and it didn't even after rebooting both laptops Any ideas why I'm not seeing the same folder size and number of files for the same folder when viewed on my old laptop and when viewed as a networked shared folder on my new laptop before any copying

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33010-problem-sharing-files-between-computers-same-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi. We have 3 computers connected to our router via cable and the network works just fine. Recently 2 friends of ours have joined our network with their laptops via wireless and it still worked fine. However, when another friend stopped by and wanted to connect (again via wireless) as soon as she connected to the router the whole network stopped working for everybody. I tried to give her a static IP so there wouldn't be a conflict anywhere but that didn't help. If I connected her through the cable, then everything was fine. But as soon as she tried wireless, the whole network stopped working again. None of the other computers cause this problem, just hers. Whenever she tries to connect, the network always stops working for everybody.
All the systems are win 7. the router is : cisco RangePlus Wireless Router, WRT110

A:network stops working when a laptop joins the network via wireless

Make sure she has the latest and correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's site if the adapter is integrated).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-stops-working-when-a-laptop-joins-the-network-via-wireless.1086673/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello After struggling for several hours on my own I ve decided to seek help on my networking problem I will run down what caused the problem aside from my own cluelessness and the order of events I have several screenshots I will post for the sake of clarity My system specs are listed in my signature below Dxdiag attachment is included if needed Current cannot IP Solved: with computers - see to Problem My now dynamic network switching other back Problem a My computer can only get online now if I input a static Solved: Problem with switching back to dynamic IP - My other computers cannot see network now IP Switching back to Dynamic IP setting gives me the Vista quot unidentified network Solved: Problem with switching back to dynamic IP - My other computers cannot see network now quot error I am still not very familiar with Vista as my computer is new b My other two computers cannot get online at all now much to my husband and daughter s discontent whereas before I changed my ip to a static address they connected just fine Sequence of events Initially I had only two computers on my home internet network one connected directly to my Linksys router via ethernet cable and one connected via wireless ethernet card When I got my new computer I hooked it up to the router also with an ethernet cable For a short glorious time all three computers co-habited in peaceful DSL connectivity To shorten the story at this point I decided to change my IP address to a static IP so as to port forward for a program When I ran cmd and entered ipconfig all to write down my ip info current ip address subnet mask default gateway and DNS servers I happened to note that even with all of the musical chairs my computers went through when I switched out network cards and such the ip info was the same as I remembered it from times before when I had done port forwarding and switched to static ip addresses Next I proceeded to follow online instructions to change ip to static address in Vista Manage Network Connections - gt right click to get to properties of my connection - gt then properties of TCP IPv - gt change to static IP in the usual manner I tested my connection and found that it worked perfectly Sadly after this my other computers suddenly were unable to access the internet My laptop from work which had previously connected wirelessly with ease to my network now showed an error which said something to the effect of quot Unable to connect Limited Connection quot The other two computers with older OS s just refused to connect I figured right away that somehow in changing my ip to a static address I had changed quot something quot or caused some conflict that I didn t understand being a total Vista noob I went back in and changed my settings back to autoconfigure THIS caused my own computer not to connect at all now I received my very first look the now dreaded quot Unidentified Network quot error message see below for screenshot This has perplexed me because obviously before I changed my ip to static it had been dynamic and I connected great and so did all of my other pet computers So at this point no one could connect I ran cmd again and ipconfig all and noticed that my dynamic settings were totally different from what I remember A different dynamic ip a different subnet mask and no default gateway at all see below for screenshot Prior to this even with my ip set to autoconfigure it always used to be the same one Needing to connect to the internet to surf for solutions I again set my ip to a static address and viola instant connection But I am still left unable to figure out how to reconnect my other computers to the network as they no longer seem to see the network even though the signal is there Also it seems that I should be able to choose to set my ip to autoconfigure for a dynamic ip address AND still be able to connect to the internet I am extremely perplexed Here are some screenshots I tried to sort of eliminate actual ip info while still showing... Read more

A:Solved: Problem with switching back to dynamic IP - My other computers cannot see network now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-switching-back-to-dynamic-ip-my-other-computers-cannot-see-network-now.700497/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently purchased a new Thinkpad laptop. It failed to connect to my Belkin wireless router (limited or no connectivity message) even after I typed in the correct network key. When I turned off WEP protein through my old Dell, the new one can be connected. I then re-enact the protection through the new one using the same key. Now it can be connected under the encryption but the old one is left out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-to-connect-multiple-computers-to-wireless-network-under-wep-encryption.81865/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I work in a company with almost 80 Windows 7 computer and another 200 or 250 Windows Xp computers in the domain, sometimes when users try to copy information to the File Server (Windows Server 2008) or to the network, the copy starts but never finish. It just stay there and the only way is to force the shut down to the computer and start over copying files one by one, this only happens in Windows 7 computers and does not always happen but it is very common

Is this a Know issue in Windows 7? What can be happening in our Network??

If I try to do the same copy locally on the computer the copy ends successfully, the problem only hapends when the copy is to the network (Just Windows 7 computers, Xp computers works fine)

Thank you all.

A:Windows 7 Domain Computers Problem with copies to network drives

I would like to suggest you update the network card driver and run Windows Update to install all the important updates first.

If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you disable the automatic adjustment for the TCP window size on the network to check the issue.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

4. Exit the Command Prompt window.
5. Restart the computer.

Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243616-windows-7-domain-computers-problem-copies-network-drives.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I ve always had bad luck with Network Sharing on my windows computers--always And it makes VERY mad I urgently need to transfer many many files from computer to computer and soon I ve tried just about everything but to no avail There are other computers on the same network as mine and they all show up for each other but not on my computer they don t show up for me and I don t show up for them Network sharing is ON File sharing is ON Public folder sharing is ON My firewall is OFF Any anti-virus programs are OFF I just can t think of anything else I read up that Problem - Network Solved: Find Computers! Cannot Other URGENT! Sharing a few services need to be on and those are ON too Can anyone please give me some assistance My computer has Windows Vista Home Premium and so do of the other computer I m trying to access As far as I know in the Network and Sharing Center all the settings are the same as in the other computers yet sill my computer is the only one not showing for them If this makes any difference I can see one of the other Solved: Network Sharing Problem - Cannot Find Other Computers! URGENT! computers but it s inaccessible--just gives error It wasn t Solved: Network Sharing Problem - Cannot Find Other Computers! URGENT! showing up earlier and Solved: Network Sharing Problem - Cannot Find Other Computers! URGENT! after messing around with stuff it started showing Not that it made a difference I appreciate any help Thank you EDIT Oh and the workgroup names are all the same WORKGROUP RE-EDIT Wow after wasting literally half my day on this I finally figured it out For those that might have the same problem Turns out my ISP Firewall settings were messing it up I had to go to the proper URL x x in my browser to reset all firewall settings there nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-sharing-problem-cannot-find-other-computers-urgent.732698/
Relevancy 52.89%

We need to connect two laptop computers wireless at work
We have no router, so we decided to ad-hoc two computers...

Every computer has its own ethernet card connected to internet... so we don`t need to share internet connection

We will use wireless networking for file sharing, and games at home. so...

I configured two computers with same SSID an same key
and selected ad-hoc on both computers...

I see messages that, both computers have seen each other perfectly on system tray
But when i look at `view network connections on workgroup` i can only see my computer, and same problem on the other computer..
I waited 2 hours and refreshed but nothing happened..

Both computers running Windows Xp
and they are in the same workgroup...
Can anyone help??
PS: Sorry for my bad English..

A:Problem of wireless file sharing on two laptop computers

"But when i look at `view network connections on workgroup` i can only see my computer, and same problem on the other computer.."

Do you mean "View workgroup computers" from My Network Places? Try "Search" for the other computer. If still nothing, try restarting each computer. Try Search again.

If still nothing, and no error messages, we'll have to start troubleshooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-of-wireless-file-sharing-on-two-laptop-computers.410612/
Relevancy 51.6%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear All,
Please help me to judge this issue.
I have problem with my laptop network port.
When i plug Network cable from Modem to my Laptop Network port, i always get No internet connection
and when i tried other laptop and the problem still persist..
At first time i thought maybe problem with Internet but last time, when i tried to plug network cable from Modem to Desktop network port, it working fine..

So Please let me know what is the problem of these two laptops?
One of my frequently laptop is specs:
-Windows 7 x64
-CPU Intel Core i7 4th
-RAM 32 GB
-Hard Disk drive 1 TB
-AVG internet security
-Malware byte..

P.S: Even i treid to uninstall AVG or Malware byte but not help.

Please help me.

A:Laptop Network Port not working

Hi from Seven forums,

Is this just one computer or all computers?

Have you changed the ethernet cable?

Also give us the make and model of modem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332557-laptop-network-port-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all Wireless on new working Samsung network laptop... not Having a bit of a nightmare with my new laptop hope someone can help I recently purchased a Samsung laptop model number NP E C-A UK on Windows everything worked fine for the first few months I actually love the machine Haha Unfortunately though last week the wireless internet decided Wireless network not working on new Samsung laptop... to stop working I ve got no idea why this has happened I have not updated or changed anything in the system I can connect fine when I plug in an Ethernet cable and my phone connects to my internet through the wireless with no problem so I know the router is working properly Now the laptop finds wireless networks and says they re available but when I try and connect it simply says unable to connect to this network I ve tried all the usual suspects updated the wireless driver uninstalled and re-installed it I even took my laptop to a mates to see if it would connect to theirs None of these have worked I am now officially out of ideas so I ve decided to turn to people who clearly now far more than me about this sort of stuff Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated Cheers in advance guys nbsp

A:Wireless network not working on new Samsung laptop...

Since you cannot connect to your router or other routers as well, I would recommend the following action for starters:

Disable your anti-virus and retest.
Boot into safe mode with networking and retest.

Let us know the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-working-on-new-samsung-laptop.1099134/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just got a new dell laptop. When i turn on the computer, it says i am connected to a wireless network,and i have a full signal. however, when i click on internet explorer, nothing comes up-not even a system message, let alone a website. also, on the bottom toolbar, there is an icon of two little computers and it says "a network cable is unplugged". please help. i can't figure out what's wrong. thanks.

A:HELP!! new laptop and wireless network but no working internet!

Click Start, Control Panel then Network Connections. You should have a Wireless connection there. Double click it. Click View Wireless Networks and you should have a wireless network there. If not click refresh network list on the left. If you do have one shown click on advanced settings then wireless settings. Click on Advanced make sure Any Available Network is checked. If more that one wireless network is showing you have to move your Up to the first position. Also do you have Wep Or Wap enabled? If so you would have to enter the key. Also make sure you are close to your wireless router when doing this to rule out a weak signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-new-laptop-and-wireless-network-but-no-working-internet.51927/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I've been having a problem for a few days and have laptop) Wifi suddenly (through working Hosted not Network been looking everywhere for a solution with no luck thus far I recently moved in with my girlfriend and Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working my internet plan didn't include a router Since she's not going to stay here for long just til the end of the year I've been routing the net from the cable modem through my laptop so all of our devices can be connected Problem started happening when she had to plug the cable on her laptop one day as I was away for uni and we simply cannot take Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working the damn cable out of it I'm working on getting a replacement one before I can try bruteforcing it but I'm also worried that it might break the port In any case we've been using her laptop as the router for the last few weeks but somehow Virtual Router Manager doesn't work here it fails to recognize the virtual mini port so I'm manually routing it using the netsh wlan script The problem is that it simply stopped working last week and I have no idea why The network is still being set succesfully and all devices can connect to it but they can't connect to the internet Doing a adapter troubleshooting windows says it's because it doesn't have a valid IP connection I've since looked for solutions for this online but none of them fit my problem I've tried the netsh reset log commands with to no avail The computer connected to the wired modem has perfect connection I'm currently writing from it it's just the hosted wifi that doesn't work Thoughts Thank you so much in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/119a6269-0887-49c5-b884-1c532fbc31db/hosted-wifi-network-through-laptop-suddenly-not-working?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have somewhat similar problem to the one described in http forums techguy org networking -solved-networking-vista-laptop html I have two desktops running XP home SP connected through Netgear wireless router and I have no problems accessing the files on either of them I now have a new laptop with Vista home premium edition and ran the network wizard I can access the files from Vista laptop to Solved: network home working already Adding the laptop but can not access the laptop from either of the desktop All are running zone alarm free edition and AVG free I probably need to put the ip address in the Solved: Adding Vista laptop to already working home network trusted zone in zone alarm but am not sure what the address should The ip address given by what is my ip address is very Solved: Adding Vista laptop to already working home network different from x x and running ipconfig all on the laptop gives me an IPv address which changes from time to time once it gave me another time the last three digits were slightly different Turning off zone alarm temporarily of course did not help Many thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop . Spilled some liquid and it is not able to connect to internet using Wifi or through ethernet cable.The USB ports also have stopped working so i cannot connect it to a wireless adapter.

Showed this to Geeksquad agent at Bestbuy and he told me that this could be a motherboard problem and nothing much can be done about it.

So basically i have a working laptop that i cannot to internet.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sam

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Wireless and Ethernet Network Connection not working

probably is a mother board
did you dry it out completely

some vaio have a PC expresscard slots - its possible this may work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-wireless-and-ethernet-network-connection-not-working.964410/
Relevancy 47.3%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 47.3%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi people,

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.
My wireless connection has been working on and off for a while, but now it just refuses
to work.
The other computers in the wireless network are working just fine, so it must be definitely something in my laptop.

I can detect the network just fine, with good signal.
It says:

Media State: Enabled
IPv4 Connectivity: No internet access
IPv6 Connectivity: No internet access

Also, in the activity there are Bytes sent and received, but I cannot connect to any webpage either with Chrome of Firefox

I'm using McAfee Security Center. I tried turning off the firewall, but it still doesn't work.

Please let me know what I can try.
Thanks!

A:Internet wireless not working on my PC, but working on other computers

Recent McAfee updates are causing havoc with wireless...remove update or just uninstall it totally and use a better Scanner like Micro$oft Security Essentials
Here

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247981-internet-wireless-not-working-my-pc-but-working-other-computers.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a wireless router in another room setup as .0.1 which connects wirelessly to my htpc in my living room. This is networked with the htpc lan card to another router .1.1 which has my slingbox and hdhomerun and xbox360 connected to it. Which means my desktop is the network bridge between the two networks. It works great, the only problem is the whenever i shutdown and restart my computer, the network doesn't automatically startup. I have to diagnose it through network sharing center and then i have reset my bridge because it cannot ping the dns address. After it resets it runs fine. What can I do to make it automatic and not manual? Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Rumast18

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-bridge-working-but-a-problem-after-restarting.655730/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i know this has been posted alot but those posts have become expired so i tried the TCP IP stack repair and restarted it but nothing happened i restarted the modem restarted my laptop but still nothing im using a acer aspire z and this is what the ip laptop laptop computers Solved: wifi, other my but cant to and my other My connect ca all Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca showed Windows IP Configuration Host Name Acer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- F- -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE E AB-EF - A- F- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes can anyone lend a hand nbsp

A:Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca

will the PC connect by cable to the router OK

can you post an xirrus screen shot

are other devices able to connect by wireless to your network

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details ar... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-laptop-cant-connect-to-my-wifi-but-my-other-laptop-and-other-computers-ca.1110982/
Relevancy 46.01%

Laptop has been working fine on home network wired then after some problems where the whole network was down for a while laptop won t connect properly Everything appears to network Laptop problem check out OK until final Laptop network problem stage of going on on-line - Message reads quot Web site found Waiting for reply quot progress bar edges along to five green bars and then everything just hangs Cannot see other PCs in quot My Network Places quot any more However laptop pings fine with other PCs amp router Other PCs ping fine with laptop Tried every driver I can find but only the original seems to ping OK NIC on laptop is a Realtek x series Other PCs on the network see the laptop in WinXP but cannot access it Have reformatted drive and reinstalled original software but still same problem Have tried different cables different stations that work with other PCs different ports on the router a different router Tried networks diagnostics test in WinXP and it passes the test Firewall has been disabled throughout Laptop should access internet through router as a gateway Other PCs automatically list an Internet Gateway connection but nothing appearing on laptop Is it possible for a virus to be at work or is it more likely that the NIC on the laptop is damaged even though it still pings successfully nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

While I know there must be a logical solution to this problem I am yet to see it I have a network with computers These computers are connected with a D-Link Switch through a patch panel Internet and DHCP is retrieved from an ADSL modem connected to the switch From the beginning this network was poorly installed The technician was up late working and made many stupid mistakes His wiring was atrocious poorly planned and a NIC but A Working has the Interesting Problem; Network, Separation Syndrome? monkey could have done a better job He even put the power cables in the same conduit as the CAT running parallel Anyway each computer is connected with a patch cable connected to an ethernet outlet on the wall This of course terminates at the patch Interesting Problem; A Working Network, but the NIC has Separation Syndrome? panel then connecting to the switch computers work fine but the last one imagine they are all positioned in a straight line will not connect The NIC cannot see the switch Logically that would implicate a faulty NIC patch cable outlet patch board connection or switch jack This is where it gets interesting Moving the th computer and connecting directly to the switch the NIC connects to the network with no problems That rules out the NIC and the switch port If I take computer and connect it to computer s wall jack it also connects fine This should rule out the jack patch board and any wiring inbetween Now what is left to troubleshoot Computer has no problem if connected directly to the switch but does not see a cable connection if connected to a wall jack All of these wall jacks work properly with other computers Usually when I can t make the logical connection Interesting Problem; A Working Network, but the NIC has Separation Syndrome? as to why something isn t working it ends up being an electrical problem of some sort While the network was wired by a the electrostatic interference shouldn t be enough to interfere especially considering computers work fine Can somebody help me to see the logic The most logical to me is that I made an error but I have spent a couple hours trying different connections and verifying all of the cables Anyone nbsp

A:Interesting Problem; A Working Network, but the NIC has Separation Syndrome?

Does the 8th computer have an on-board NIC or a PCI card NIC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/interesting-problem-a-working-network-but-the-nic-has-separation-syndrome.115624/
Relevancy 45.58%

I can t get the internet to work while says working, Network 7 Center Problem) not and is Internet it (WIN Sharing upon bootup I get it to re-enable by disabling and re-enabling my network Internet not working, while Network and Sharing Center says it is (WIN 7 Problem) card driver But I need to do this EVERY time I reboot the computer And to go a step further I disabled the onboard nic and put in a nic card The problem still happens I also tried installing a Windows compatible driver Still no luck I never had this problem until i installed Window Home Premium Here s the pings I did Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Hawke gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Trip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List wi rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix wi rr com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -A - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef c c fa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January AM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AC- -A - -E - D-BE-F -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap wi rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix wi rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Hawke gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Hawke gt Anyone know what this could be Is this a bug in windows nbsp

A:Internet not working, while Network and Sharing Center says it is (WIN 7 Problem)

Hi>Try this.Changing the DNS address.

https://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/windows-7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-while-network-and-sharing-center-says-it-is-win-7-problem.897806/
Relevancy 45.58%

Was working about a week ago, now "my network places" is blank. I can ping all other netwrk computers by ip and name. I ran network setup, no change. Work group is the same. Tried turning off Windows firewall, no change. Also using MSE. Nothing has changed as far as I know on this computer.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 45.15%

running the xp network setup disk is supposed to get my desktop and laptop on the 'my network places'. My problem is that when viewing computers on the network it says that they are inaccessible, like ive never set up both computers to network together for file/printer sharing.

Both my laptop and pc do not show up in the 'my network' places.

Is there a workaround for this? I had my computers set up previously before remastering both computers. After reinstalling windows it seems to not let me network both computers again.

Running kaspersky labs suite v7 if that helps.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 5 computer network in my office. I bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 6400) with an internal wireless card. I bought an wireless router as well. I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop but I can not connect to my lan Network. I used the network wizard setup like the other computers and it doesnt work. can anybody help me?

A:Problem Connecting Laptop To Lan Network

Can you PING other computers on your network by name? If you connect to the Internet through the router, you have to be close to success.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-laptop-to-lan-network.567322/
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve posted about this issue before but it appeared to go away for a few months for some reason before returning recently The old thread is here If you want the short version of the story here it is I have a home network Our ISP is CenturyLink DSL connection I have a modem router provided by CenturyLink which is then wired into a D-Link DIR- wireless router The devices on the network are - My Connectivity on with problem network one laptop desktop - My netbook - Roku box - My girlfriend s mom s laptop quot the laptop quot from now on -- the mom lives upstairs as this is a duplex DHCP server on the DIR- router is disabled as the CenturyLink modem has this functionality The range of IPs is - Her preferred IP address is The modem is at The wireless router IP address is Since I am connecting a router to a router in order to have wireless internet in my home nothing is connected to the WAN port on the DIR- router Just to be clear Everything works fine EXCEPT the laptop Its internet connection is extremely intermittent Videos constantly stop and start Websites time out then work While seeing this for myself just now I Connectivity problem with one laptop on network did a number of ping tracert and ipconfig commands just messing around to see what shows up The results are attached to this post Pinging my own desktop from her laptop I was getting no response at points She says the laptop does not have connectivity problems when using wi-fi at the coffee shop nearby so I can t blame her network adapter I guess I used to think interference with the signal could be her problem as she is on the floor above us typically in the room above the wireless router but I witnessed all these problems for myself just now sitting right next to the wireless router I also have experimented with different channels and so on Interference doesn t seem to be an issue I m Connectivity problem with one laptop on network not an expert enough to know what s causing this problem but I have a gut feeling my DHCP setup may be part of it Unfortunately I don t know how else to have wireless internet as the modem does not have that function I would greatly appreciate any advice Is there something I can change on the laptop--or on my modem router or wireless router--to resolve these maddening connectivity problems nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell studio 1569 with Windows 7 64 Bit Home edition or group whatever you call it but its home edition.
Recently i bought it(nearly a month has passed)
I use to connect by wifi, the problem is that i was using skype and suddenly all connections got closed, i mean all connection were like disabled, i checked the wifi router but its working fine, the other laptop working fine.

Now when i troubleshoot it says no error. Also when i restart then it works good but again this happens suddenly,
in troubleshooting it says enable connectivity, i press the connectivity button on keyboard but its like nothing happened, i mean in no connection remains same and in connection remains same i mean nothing happening, till i restart it.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.15%

I am using a PC and a laptop I have them connected via a ethernet network cable The problem is I am unable to share my printer in the network I have internet on both PC and laptop I can see the host computer via the laptop and I can see the guest computer via the desktop My printer is hooked up and I can use it on wired PC to problem. Laptop Network the host computer but not the guest Actually the only thing I can share is the internet connection No files printers or anything else The printer is set to share on the host but when I search for it on the guest laptop it is unable to find it I know the cable functions because if I unplug it from the laptop I PC to Laptop wired Network problem. am no longer able to see the other computer and I go back to local access My network icon in my system tray says Currently connected to Network Access local and internet Both systems are running windows Vista Any suggestions on how to correct this issue nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys

Recently i have done a Factory Reset on one of my Laptops due to it being overloaded and slow and it helped.
However in the past 2-3 days the Wireless Internet on the Laptop has been very slow with loading websites and this has never happened before and it's just sudden.
I tried updating the network adapter drivers but it says their all up to their best date, i had numerous times restarted the router and even tried adding a static IP on the laptop but nothing changed.

My PC and another laptop the internet works perfectly fine on them.
I've plugged the laptop via Ethernet cable and it work's fine that way too, but when it's connected using wireless connection the outcome is as below.
Done some quick ping tests and the outcome is:

Laptop : 200-400ms
My PC: 24-25ms
Google.com

Any help greatly appreciated ...

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys I just recently got a laptop for my mom and have tried connection network Laptop problem to hook it up to our home wireless network with mixed results We re running a DSL connection through a D-Link DI router and it s worked well The range isn Laptop network connection problem t bad as I can get a strong signal and internet access on this computer upstairs using a D-Link DWLG USB wireless adapter so I know that the router is working fine The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A -S running Windows XP w SP It has a built-in Atheros b g wireless LAN card It works well connecting to other networks but it does not like to connect to mine unless the laptop is within a foot radius of the router It works perfectly in the same room as the router and just outside it but it cannot connect once you go past about feet It sees the network and reads the signal strength as excellent but it just cannot connect unless it is really close to the router if you connect while within several feet of the router and then move away it does not drop the connection but it doesn t work anymore - i e you can no longer access any websites email etc However the wireless card can connect to neighbors unsecured networks from much further away and with much lower signal-strength so I know that the card is not defective I m wondering if there s a compatibility issue between the two companies hardware any ideas Thanks in advance for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

heya everyone,

I hope someone here can help.

I have windows 7 ultimate and a nvidia network card.

when Deep Freeze is set to Boot Frozen - my network will not work "Unidentified Network" unless i manually change the IP. Same thing happens even if Auto IP is set..

But when Deep Freeze is set to Thawed - my network works perfect.

i have tested this with the lastest verison of DF and a older one and same probelm.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance,

A:Deep freeze Win7 problem, network stops working

There may be a compatibility problem between Deep Freeze and Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deep-freeze-win7-problem-network-stops-working.154960/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello network reinstalling ROM installation windows: while Problem stop working CD after guys It s my first time here and I hope you ll be able to help me out I never had such or problem before and I m totally out of ideas on how to fix this box So here is the problem I formated my HD on my second computer I never had any problems to do it before but now it s a pain So here is what I get When I try to install windows XP Home Pro Corp the setup works fine until it comes to the Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation point where I get asked for network setup After that everything goes wrong I get a box asking me to point it to Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation the Service pack CD service pack is on the CD I used this version of windows to install it on my main computer and everything works perfectly After trying to find it on the CD without any succes Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation I tryed to hit cancel it will pop this window again and if I cancel it will start the new installation of windows with a lot of missing stuff So I tryed windows CD without SP on it I get the same box right after the network setup asking me for another file the next file to be copied from CD to the HD for the installation After figuring that my problem wasn t SP I found out that after the network setup my CD that was usually set the E wont work when you call E It seems to be either desabled or the computer switched it to another letter I was running out of idea so I removed my network card thinking it would be smart enough to skip the network installation without it Well no it will install the network anyway but doesnt ask me for a network name and such I really dont know what to do now When I cancel the box it will finish the installation with the files that were copied before the network installation and windows will work Idk how I found it amazing but a lot of things like adding connection using CD rom and other stuff dont so it s not really useful So now I m totally clueless about how to fix it I came to the conclusion that my bios might be corrupted or something I d really appreciate if someone could help me out contact me on MSN if you want email protected Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation

What version of XP, home or pro? Are these original disks or burned copies?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-while-reinstalling-windows-cd-rom-stop-working-after-network-installation.486041/
Relevancy 45.15%

heya everyone,

I hope someone here can help.

I have windows 7 ultimate and a nvidia network card.

when Deep Freeze is set to Boot Frozen - my network will not work unless i manually change the IP. Same thing happens even if Auto IP is set..

But when Deep Freeze is set to Thawed - my network works perfect.

i have tested this with the lastest verison of DF and a older one and same probelm.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance,

A:Deep Freeze Win7 Problem Network stops working

Do you have version 7.10.220.3176 ?
If so, then you should be able to get support from http://www.faronics.com/en/Support.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deep-freeze-win7-problem-network-stops-working.956406/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running a windows xp pc and wii and both connect to the wireless network fine. However i cannot get my new vista laptop connected. The laptop is seeing the router and signal strength is excellent. It just wont connect to the net. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

A friend of mine gave me her HP Pavilion ze5600 laptop. The computer sees my wireless network, but will not aquire a network address. Just to see, I hooked it up directly to my Linksys Router, and it won't aquire a network address there either. I have another laptop that works just fine with my wireless router. I have check all settings and they all seem to be ok. I reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog. As well as reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ip reset reset.log Nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Okay so i have already looked at devmgmt msc it shows for network controller and sm bus controller First of all i d like to say the problem i am having is with another laptop i own vgn-c g sony vaio so i went to sony com typed in laptop code got the driver for my yukon e ethernet card because i thoigh that was the problem at first But yeah it just keeps saying unplugged after i reinstalled the yukon card driver i reinstalled the network and network control drivers i could find for the laptop from sony com So what is wrong with my system I just cannot at all access the wireless in my house that network Laptop cable problem. unplugged i am currently posting this on from the other laptop is fine but local area connection just says unplugged And before you ask i do have the wireless button pushed to the on position and i restarted after reinstalling the three drivers i found please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, I received a laptop today to look at. The problem is that it doesn't detect wirless networks using the intel pro 2200bg card installed. The light at the side of the switch is always on, There is an exclamation mark against the device in device manager. New drivers have been installed and also system restores have been performed but no answer has come from these. The user said that it worked one minute but not the next. I think its an hardware fault. but need confirmation. As this is an un-upgraded notebook is the wireless adapter removable and replacable on a compaq Presario F500

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!
I am trying to connect my windows 10 notebook business network where I have a domain called clinlife but everytime I hit ok I get a message "An Active Directory Domain Controller( AD DC) for the domain Clinlife could not be contacted."

What can I do to add this laptop to my network?

thank you

A:Problem adding windows 10 laptop to a network

Welcome to the forum. When adding don't give the name use its IP NetBIOS isn't resolving the DC name

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62257-problem-adding-windows-10-laptop-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows 10 -  HP Notebook model Eo69M3DM. All of a sudden it cant connect to my router for wireless.  Error message "cant connect to this network. Bell Fibe network - reset modem many times, no effect. Did most of the items on the HP troubleshooting list with no effect. Took battery off laptop for 5 minutes. Driving me crazy!!   Making me wonder if I made a mistake buying an HP. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-quot-can-t-connect-to-this-network-quot-wireless/td-p/5822751
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all - Hopefully someone can help me with this I ve tried everything I can think of I have a Belkin g wireless modem router a desktop PC and laptop both with wireless cards installed The desktop finds the modem router and connects to it and the internet with no problems The laptop shows a connection to the wireless network laptop network and - problem desktop Wireless solely by the icon in the bottom right taskbar When I go to network connections and right click on the Wireless Network icon which says enabled and go to Wireless network - desktop and laptop problem view available wireless networks this window is grayed out and contains nothing No internet access is possible with the laptop By typing in the IP address of the modem router on the desktop I can see the router settings - the laptop will not do this In the router settings the only thing showing as part of the network is the desktop PC The desktop runs Win XP SP Laptop Win XP SP so there is no wireless connection wizard I can connect the Laptop to the Wireless network - desktop and laptop problem net by wired means but it will not download Windows updates Any ideas as to what is wrong with laptop would be appreciated It s Intel Pentium ghz RAM nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

running win7 in new hp pc
xp pro in the old pc
have a motorla sb5100
cable modem ethernet
can I connect the old pc to the new? how?

Relevancy 44.72%

well last week I bought too network cards and I put them into the computers. both the computers detected them and so I installed them. and I can't get past that. so any can of help I would love it thanks little mac.

------------------

A:need help to network my computers

Go to Network properties and make sure TCP-> is bound to both network cards. Then double click on TCP/IP--> your network card and designate an IP address for each machine as follows:
1st machine - 192.168.0.1
2nd machine - 192.168.0.2
subnet mask 255.255.255.0

I assume you have a hub to connect both computers. This way you will have a TCP/IP network between both computers that can also share internet access. If you're going to use a gateway in order to connect the second computer to the internet, use the 192.168.0.1 address for that computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-network-my-computers.29425/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there, I have had soo many problems with my network because the signal from my router could not reach to my computer with the external adapter installed. I Have tried linksys router with linksys adapter and still no go. I bought a new Belkin router which is a wireless pre-n router with 3 antennas instead of the two antennas that are on most routers. I am still using my kinksys adapters . The computer that I was having the problem with is 150 feet from the router in another building. My network is now working great, No dropped signal's and no problems on any computer. In the house where my main computer and router are setup I have a lot of electrical appliance's near by, Microwave/2.4 meg phone/Lights etc, and every thing works great.Check out the Belkin.

A:Network with three computers.

I have seen the opposite.. The Linksys connects where the belkin doesn't..

Different brand routers may show different performances due to the enviroment they are used in, the firmware of the router, the technology used, the sub channel of the wireless connection, and other various reasons.

Therefore, I see no reason to bad mouth linksys, or to set a preference here.. It's like a ATI vs Nvidia debate, it really depends on what works for you.

I'm glad you found something that works for you particular circumstances.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-with-three-computers.370317/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running a laptop and a desktop, both running XP home, dell dimm 8400 and laptop inspiron 5100. Using Wireless router Linksys SRX200. I have had this problem before, went back to my notes but this time it did not fix the situation. both computer can access the Internet. Not sure where to start looking, I have checked everything that I know. Have taken down firewalls, no luck. Somehow I get the suspicion that through one of the microsoft fixes or updates, something change. Looking forward to someones reply and help. Gary

Relevancy 44.72%

I have just started using WinXP and thought I had successfully conntected to our office Network, but I can't see all the computers. We have two servers running Windows NT 4.0 and I can see all the folders on one of those servers, but not on the other one. My own WinXp computer doesn't show up at the servers as being part of the Network. I've tried going through the Network Setup Wizard, but that really screwed things up more. It set up a Network Bridge, but I do not want that!! Is there someone who can help me, please??

Relevancy 44.72%

My Notebook is running Windows Bit and my Main PC runs Windows Bit and they are linked by wired Ethernet through a Router Gateway The Main PC also has two printers attached and cannot Sometimes see Network Computers shared across the Network My issue is that when I go to access the Main PC from the Notebook I sometimes cannot see anything under the Network Folder sometimes I can see Sometimes cannot see Network Computers the Router only sometimes I can see just the Notebook When I can Sometimes cannot see Network Computers see both computers everything works fine When I cannot see both computers is anyone's guess When I cannot see both computers I can go into Network and Sharing and open Sometimes cannot see Network Computers the full network map and can see everything but cannot see the same under the Network Folder The two printers attached to the Main PC are never impacted upon by the Network computers not being visible under the Network Folder and are always available for printing from any program used on the Notebook back through the Network I have checked all the settings suggested by other Forum suggestions related to these sorts of issues and the settings are as they should be I have tried rebooting both PCs and have changed Firewall settings on both PCs updated Network Card software and drivers and nothing has changed the intermittent nature of my problem An hour ago I had the problem and had given up after a day of trying different measures and when I started to write this forum text everything was working OK Can someone please HELP

A:Sometimes cannot see Network Computers

Hello GavinJ,

Which antivirus software are you using on those machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103693-sometimes-cannot-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello it was working fine until suddenly it changed.
we are on a domain network of 20 PC and server we can't see each others but we can access by writing the IP
any help?
I am connected to the network, Internet is working fine but only this problem.

A:Can't see computers network please help

Hi there

Has the server blocked the SMB ports (445 etc). I assume you CAN connect to network drives on the server.

I think a lot of people are getting away from using NETBIOS or things like that to resolve host names.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58191-cant-see-computers-network-please-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I think that s what I want to do I How network do computers 2 I have an How do I network 2 computers HP desktop with vista and cable high speed modem and a linkys attached to it for How do I network 2 computers wireless My laptop is a toshiba with wireless running windows and I use it upstairs wireless to connect to the net There are times I need a file from the desktop and I have to go down and put it on memory stick to copy it over Is there any way I can access the desktop from the laptop without having to do that Would need step by step instructions to set it up if it can be done with different operating systems I did a free trial of log me in and loved it but I only need to do this in the house but while I was in the free trial I had a friend sign up and it allowed me to fix a problem she had since she lived many miles away so another question is if I want a set up like that how is it done I mean when you call for tech support and they are able to take control of your computer to fix something is it a paid program you have to get or is there something free you can get It s only one friend I have to help and it s really hard to help her through email when she has a problem and she is too far for me to physically get at the computer so thought I would investigate into how all that works Mary nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I am running windows 8.1 and have other computers on the network running windows 7.
I haven't quite got my network settings correct, but am not sure what is going on.
If I am connected to the homegroup, none of the other computers is displayed.
If I disconnect from the homegroup, they are all displayed but I can't access them.

Im sure it is something simple but can't work it out

Thanks
Rob

A:can't see other computers in network

Which PC has created the homegroup? Once the home group is created, have the other PC joined that homegroup with the password created by the PC that created the homegroup? Have you checked the settings for each PC to make sure that each is set to "turn on network discovery". Is the "turn on password portected sharing" been enabled/disabled. I find it easier to have all PC's have that set to disable while in the homegroup. Basically, the homegroup is a small network with in your home network strictly for file sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38762-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title states, I'm trying to start a homegroup. I start one up, and being that both of my computers have the same name, they don't see each other.

I've got that part figured out, I just need to rename the laptop!

Woo, that's all fine and dandy, except when I renamed my laptop from Ken-PC (the name shared by both laptop and desktop) to KenLaptop and rebooted, there was a whole slew of problems caused by the namechange. Very long story somewhat shortened, it looked like I was booting up win 95.

Multiple error screens, very retro GUI, all fixed by renaming my laptop Ken-PC again.

I'm just trying to be able to share my files between the two computers! HEEEELP!
I thank you for reading, and at the very least, being able to vent if nobody can help.

A:Trying to network. Both computers Have same name.

I'm for sure no network expert but this great site has many Tutorials that can help you such as this one.
Map Network Drive
Hope this helps. Get back to us and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212055-trying-network-both-computers-have-same-name.html
Relevancy 44.72%

None of the other computers in my house can see me (4 others), but I can see them and transfer files to their computers. I used to have Norton Systemworks 2005, but I uninstalled that so I doubt it's firewalling me. I d/l'd AVG free and ZoneAlarm free versions and added the network IP range to allow it (which allowed me to see them, but not the opposite). Anyone know what it could be? Windows firewall is off.

Oh and we all have XP (Though I have Pro and I think everyone else has Home)

Relevancy 44.72%

I ll try to be as descriptive as possible Certain computers that I have simply cannot be seen on the network I ve got computers on a port switch that s plugged into a Wire Gateway All are on certain network computers see the Cannot running XP Pro of the computers cannot be seen on the network although they can see the quot working quot computers and browse the internet Here are the things you might ask me to do that I ve done I ve tried with and without Cannot see certain computers on the network NetBEUI installed I ve completely turned off Windows Firewall and do not have any other firewalls installed These pcs all have a fresh xp install They are all on the same Cannot see certain computers on the network workgroup A folder on each is shared I ve tried with Simple File Sharing on and off I can ping all the computers by both ip and name The computer browsing service is started I ve even resorted to using the networking disk to make SURE all the settings were the same on all computers I m baffled Any ideas PLEASE nbsp

A:Cannot see certain computers on the network

>All are running XP Pro

SP1 or SP2?

> I've completely turned off Windows Firewall and do not have any other firewalls installed.

this is not as effective as one would assume. ALL firewalls must enable
Ports 136,445 to allow the systems to be seen.

in addition, LAN address x.255 will be used for the broadcasting.

Using COMODO FW and having another system on the LAN, I see access on
ports 139 & 445 when attempting to Map Network Drive->Browse->Workgroup

There is a security hack that inhibits Share enumerations -- have you run any
lockdown scripts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-see-certain-computers-on-the-network.97924/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title, say, two network computers, only one can see the other. Computer 1 can see computer 2's resources fine but computer 2 CAN'T see Computer 1's resources. Never seen anytime like it. Both are running XP Home edition and are using TCP/IP setup. Both are in the same workgroup. I was working on getting the ICS to work. Obviously, computer 1 is sharing its connection with 2 but....

A:two network computers, only one can see the other

Read this thread, and see if it helps
http://forums.techguy.org/t403205.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-network-computers-only-one-can-see-the-other.406800/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I have a direct line from the school network into my flat. If I plug in my laptop to the school network through an ethernet cable, I can see all the other network computers and shared drives under 'Network' in explorer. When I connect the network to my own wireless router so I can have wifi in the flat, I can't see any of them under Network. Is there a way to make them visible so I can access shared drives and folders when using the wifi connection?
I am using windows 7 professional, and my wireless router is a TP-Link WR840N.
Thanks in advance,

Robin

A:seeing other computers on the network

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...th-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-other-computers-on-the-network.1011160/
Relevancy 44.72%

Small office network, just moved into a new building. Trying to connect a laptop to the network to use shared resources. Machine is running XP, Workgroup name is the same (has been checked several times) and no other computers show up in My Network Places. Can connect to the internet just fine, can also connect to computers on the network if the path is entered manually. I need however to connect to a shared printer on another computer and if it cannot locate the computer on the network I'm not sure how to connect to the shared printer. This happens whether the laptop is connected to the network wireless or wired.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem I'm trying to help my sister's systems configured so that she can share a printer Here is her setup She has a Windows XP computer to which her printer is attached It is connected via cable to a Linksys WRT G wireless router to which her cable modem is connected She also has a Windows laptop with a wireless network adapter which uses the same Linksys wireless router to connect to the internet Both computers connect through the wireless router to the internet with no problem Now for the problem I cannot get either computer to see the other computer on the network though both can see and successfully use the shared internet connection through the wireless router I've run the Network Setup Wizard on the XP machine and have checked the settings for the Win machine to make sure that the network is NOT trying to use the HomeGroup feature and that the network locaton is set as HOME I've also checked that the Network Advanced options are correctly set Other See Can't on Network Computers to enable network discovery file and printer Can't See Other Computers on Network sharing public folder sharing and media streaming Password protected sharing is turned off and encryption is set at bit In checking the router I wasn't there when the router was set up and my sister remembers little about how it was done she THINKS that maybe the cable guy who installed their cable internet service did it it shows an Unprotected connection While I have explained to her that this is dangerous everything I have read indicates that though it is ill advised it should still function She is hesitant to have me fiddle with the router--since with some justification she fears that she may lose her internet connection which as I said works fine now I readily confess that I am not a networking expert by any means I did successfully set up a similar setup of my own wireless router Win system and Win XP system cable modem But when I did it once I had configured everything each computer showed up on the other and file and printer sharing works fine If anyone has any suggestions as to what I may be missing or something I can check I'd be very appreciative Just a caveat that I may be slow to reply since checking anything or trying anything requires a physical trip to my sister's house Any suggestions welcomed

A:Can't See Other Computers on Network

Have the two computers been assigned to the same WorkGroup name ?

You can save trips to your sisters house by setting up a TeamViewer remote connection to access here computers.

See Here: TeamViewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105158-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm clueless here...

Computer 1 is plugged into the modem via ethernet.

Computers 2 and 3 connect to a router via WiFi, which is then connected to the modem via ethernet.

How do I get all three computers on the same network so they can share files between each other?

A:How to have three computers on the same network

What OS do all the PCs have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296303-how-have-three-computers-same-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am using Windows 7 HP, with a broadband connection, on an Intel i3 quad core, and a DLIINK router.

I was browsing the internet, when all of a sudden it stopped (browser=Chrome) loading pages, and a pop up appeared saying there was an error, and 2 computers on my network were sharing the same IP address.

I don't have 2 pc's, just the one, and don't understand how this could happen. I did have a virus last week - Trojan.ADH.2 but do not know if that is related to this problem.

I closed my browser, and opened a cmd line and typed ipconfig /renew, then restarted my computer, and since then I have not had any problems I am aware of.

Does this mean I have a virus or mal/spy ware on my PC?

A:Two computers, same network, same IP?

hi there and welcome to seven forums

i would run this to check for virus etc Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011

Quote:
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011
is a free software intended to disinfect infected computers, removing viruses, Trojans, and spyware, as well as any other types of malware. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 uses the same highly efficient algorithms for detecting malware as Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Algorithms include a full-functional anti-virus scanner, technologies developed for detecting vulnerabilities in installed applications and operating systems, and a technology for running scripts intended for removing complex and compound viruses. The utility can be used as a free anti-virus software.

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 is not intended for real-time protection of computer. After the disinfection of the computer is complete, the application should be uninstalled from the hard drive and replaced with the real-time protection anti-virus:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181052-two-computers-same-network-same-ip.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello All I work in a small office environment see Computers other on network cannot each which has computers that share a single internet connection cable I have recentley changed the swith and the modem they went bad due Computers on network cannot see each other to a lightning strike and since them I not able to see the other computers on the network and I am also unable to share files or printers My setup is as follows Two of the Computers on network cannot see each other computers run to the router switch Linksys Wirless router w port switch and from there it goes directly to the cable modem The other machine in the office is connected directly to the cable modem This is the exact same seup that I had previously but now it will not work I am able to ping all of the ip s and everything works fine there but cannot see the computers in the workgroup The internet does work on all three machines I have made sure that the workgroup name is the same on all machines also have disabled all firewalls amp antivirus software and still will not work I feel that this must be a configuration problem as I am unable to locate any problems with the hardware Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated as I have struggled with this for days I really don t want to pay someone an hour when it is probably something that I have overlooked Again thank you nbsp

A:Computers on network cannot see each other

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-on-network-cannot-see-each-other.460947/
Relevancy 44.72%

I can go into all other computers files except this one laptop. In the networks on both of them they have all the file sharing turned on. On the computer I don't see the laptop pop up, and on the laptop if i click on the computer's files it has a password for it.

A:How can I see other computers on my network?

assuming not all comps on your network are same system vista/xp/7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-see-other-computers-on-my-network.942878/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a siemens router set up with my main computer operating on an xp 64 bit system. I would like to set up another computer operating on the xp32bit to share the online connection, so that I can use the smaller computer to access the palm hotsync for my handheld tungsten t3. Can anyone advise me please, on the easiest and cheapest way to achieve this? Thank you in anticipation.

A:How do I set up a network for two computers?

Plug the XP computer into the router along with the Vista machine. On the XP computer select Control Panel, Network Setup Wizard and follow the instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-up-a-network-for-two-computers.123226/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi to everyone this is my first post here so i would like to start by saying quot thank you quot to all who can help me we actually have computers laptops and desktops but i just want the to network together laptop which is HP running on computers 3 network can't vista home premium and the desktops running both on windows xp pro i ll label them as PC laptop pc can't network 3 computers desktop pc desktop pc and pc can see each other but pc is not in the network they are on the same workgroup checked that for the nth time but still pc won t show up i ve also tried pinging it on pc and all went well packets sent packets received what seems to the problem i ve read on one of the posts here that i should try to make the network and file sharing as private not public but im not well acquainted with vista yet thanks to all nbsp

A:can't network 3 computers

Here are some basic debugging steps to take first, you need to establish basic connectivity first and deal with any firewall issues.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-network-3-computers.836222/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just started my new computer HP h network? computers Why all not on - I also Why all computers not on network? have my old computer HP s f as well Why all computers not on network? as a laptop all running Win and IE and wireless printer I have a wireless network which was set-up by my ISP using UBEE router Everything works fine on my network I'm able access the internet with all computers as well as my printer I'm trying to set-up a homegroup and have searched far and wide on how to's as well as video tutorials from MS I have followed the instructions to a quot T quot I created a homegroup with my new computer and allowed access to all items documents photos videos etc I also have enabled all items under Advanced Sharing options on both computers Here's my problem On my old computer when I go to Computer and Homegroup my new computer is there and I can access the Libararies but nothing else On my new computer when I go to Computer Homegroup it tells me there are no other computers see two atchs Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable in these things but I'm at a loss on this one as I've been trying for two days to figure it out Hopefully someone can quot bruise my ego quot and tell me what I need to do Thanks for any responses Jack

A:Why all computers not on network?

Hi there,

Have you verified that Network Discovery is turned on?
Enable or disable network discovery

I'd check for a 3rd party firewall software installed if you have any. If you are using built-in Windows firewall make sure that Files/printer sharing is allowed.

It won't hurt to verify your current setup, please see this Tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276950-why-all-computers-not-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have set up a wireless network using a D-LInk 108g MIMO wireless router and a pci card for the pc with a notebook adapter for my laptop.

All the cards match up and connect to the ADSL line via the router so i know the network is working.

but i can't figure out how to connect the laptop to the pc through the router to share files.

any help would be great as i need to fix this asap.

harry

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a computer that is only for music recording a DAW like 2 few computers...a to ?s I'd network we ll call it computer B I also have a computer that is only for internet and documentation etc This is computer A They are both stacked right on top of each other Now When i need software updates from I'd like to network 2 computers...a few ?s the internet I dload them on comp A I then transfer them to a external HD and then plug that into computer B to get the files on it Obviously there is a better way I would like to be able to have computer B on the network only when I want it on that will protect me from viruses But at the same time when it I'd like to network 2 computers...a few ?s s on the network Id like to be able to use programs on computer A like spyware adaware AVG etc to scan computer B too So most I'd like to network 2 computers...a few ?s of the time computer B will be off the network but transfering music files and dloading updates will be done a fair amount I have USB in both computers Can I just buy a USB cable and connect them Or do i need some kind of router Id like to do this as seemlessly as possible Ideal way for me would be to have the network connections Icon on my desktop in computer B Cliick it on when I want it enabled and then disable it when I am finished Best way to accomplish this nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a home network with two computers running W-7. I'm trying to add another computer as a media center PC. It is running XP but having no luck adding it to this network . Can someone help me out?

P.S. I'm trying to set up a wireless connection.

A:Add computers to a W-7 network

Well...what have you tried?

Did you use the Win 7 default name (Workgroup) when trying to add the XP system, rather than mshome?

Sorry, I don't know anything about wireless...I still prefer wired .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328761/add-computers-to-a-w-7-network/
Relevancy 44.72%

Good day all,

PC1 (Windows XP), PC2 (Windows XP),
PC3 (Windows 7), PC4 (Windows 7)
- Connected all to a wireless router;
- Same Workgroup
- All C drives are shared and with full permissions;

When I click on Network, I can't see any of those PCs!!

Please advise.

Thank you

A:Can't see computers on network

Dear all,

Just solved the problem;
I had to make the network 'trusted' in my internet security application (Kaspersky).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288179-cant-see-computers-network.html