Windows Support Forum

Office 2010 - How merge Personal Folders with email account?

Q: Office 2010 - How merge Personal Folders with email account?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email [email protected] was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for [email protected] but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2010 - How merge Personal Folders with email account?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently built this computer see other a thread on building a PC using Windows on a ssd drive and I used my sata drives for storage audio video The other drives folders using Can't 7 storage create Windows on drives are from my old system and they were set up for RAID I re-formatted the drives but now they automatically create a system info folder and a recycle bin folder I don t know why but Can't create folders on storage drives using Windows 7 I can t create a folder on these drives They are patitioned NTFS Does this have something to do with the RAID configuration from my old system I need to create folders to manage my projects but it will not allow it Also I installed Norton on the system I am using the internet for downloading programs I need once everything is going smooth I will no longer access the web with this PC The Norton has an error on it and when I try to fix it it gets stuck on trying to optimize the storage disk E My SSD is drive C with a partition D for B U the next drive is E Does anyone know what I am doing wrong Thanks to anyone who can speak to this problem nbsp

A:Can't create folders on storage drives using Windows 7

Which RAID Configuration are you in? I think you may have have it set up incorrectly. Depending on what RAID you are using will depend on how your drives can be used. Let us know what RAID you are running which you should be able to find this in your RAID control panel when you boot into it. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-create-folders-on-storage-drives-using-windows-7.200888/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been using a pogo plug series on my home network with a USB TB hard drive attached to it for several months and for unknown reasons the pogo plug no longer sees the drive I have connected the drive directly to my PC and it responds normally and a check disk shows no errors at all I have a tech support request in - Personal Home NAS for Use recommendations Your with there tech support which seems to be going no where So I think its time for a change Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use I am asking for your input on a recommended network storage device I can use on my home network that will not only allow me access to files stored on it but will also allow me to save files to it while away from home I use windows based equipment and if at all possible I would like to be able to access and save files from my ipad and iphone like the pogo plug allowed me to do via application When ever I had a question or PC problem the members of this forum have always come through with the right answer or proper solution for me and I Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use hope you Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use all will once again Thank you in advance able actual nbsp

A:Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use

Well my network here is Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets all the way except for tablet or netbook for testing running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and 64-bit. Also Android tablets and smartphone have NSA325 app to access the NAS.

I use NSA325 pictured to your right on top shelf in my network system here in this mini network rack system. Supports USB 3.0 and 2.0 it has 3x USB ports, two drive bays for upto 6TB, also my Web Server (internal web site also called intranet) Color Laser Business Class shown in the picture below doesn't have network features but using NSA325 Print Server via USB port it's now networked.

This device is also my Network Media Center too. Devices like SONY SMP-N100 and SMP-N200 Network Media Players can access the NSA325 for media files, video, pictures and music. I also use as a NAS for File Server too. Everything goes to the NSA325, very fast too with 1.6GHz, 512MB of RAM. ZyXel link: http://www.zyxel.com/products_services/nsa325.shtml?t=p

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-recommendations-for-nas-personal-home-use.194118/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have been having issues with nfs for the longest time ok here s whats going on on different os s same specs let me break it down Windows XP q ti drivers nfs hot pursuit GPU usage x max settings - all the time Windows q ti drivers nfs hot pursuit GPU usage - x or x max settings - fps all the time Windows q ti drivers nfs hot pursuit GPU usage - x max settings - fps all the time Is this a CPU problem I swear nfs is the only game I own and tested and play that struggles on windows but works flawless on windows XP at x max On win you see the frames did increase when I play at and it works great but recording sucks Pretty sure once I upgrade my q to something better I wont have this issue but why does it run so good in XP also the gpu usage stuggles to get up to or but did slightly increase at in win just weird nbsp

A:NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 issue

http://www.needforspeed.com/news/need-speed-hot-pursuit-minimum-pc-specs. That is very odd because NFS: HP 2010 doesnt use DX11, and thus, should prove to perform equally well on Win 7. Try clean installing the 314.22 driver (custom install-->check the clean install checkbox)-->then install).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nfs-hot-pursuit-2010-issue.192321/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 23.65%

I inserted my USB in a friend's laptop and I noticed that they all turned into .exe files. I figured it was only because my friend's laptop was very slow and I think it is infected. But when I inserted the USB back to my laptop, the folders remained as .exe. My laptop is probably clean (undergoing a Redirect malware cleaning as of the moment) but I haven't encountered any problems like this before. I can't format my USB because I need the files. Please help.

A:Folders turned to .exe files

I have scanned my USB with MSE and results show it had Trojan:Win32/Startpage.gen!A virus and MSE quarantined them.
I still can't access my folders even if I type it on the address bar. No malicious items show up on MBAM. Please help me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folders-turned-to-exe-files.190262/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct place, Mods please move if not, thanks.

So, I have a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder from our work server yesterday (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard), but we have a nightly backup to a tape drive so I went onto the backup software (Symantec Backup Exec 2012) to restore the data. However, using the restore wizard it has been "Querying for data" for approximately 12 hours... is this normal?? Is it possible to restore files/folders from a tape backup, or would we have to restore the whole system? Do I just need to wait a long time for the system to find the data?

We have a spare 2Tb NAS drive so I could potentially restore all of the data to this (approximately 600gb), would this be a more viable approach?

Thanks in advance

A:Restoring files/folders from tape backup

Never mind, sorted now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restoring-files-folders-from-tape-backup.187491/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys, I'm new here
I'm having a problem. My hard drive has like 6 folders. Each one containing different stuff like Word documents for school and such and movies and music. Non of the folders are opening except for the music folder. When I click on the folder for movies it says---> "Windows cannot find 'F:RECYCLER\e621ca05.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
-_______________- Seriously? What name? I didn't type anything.
My hard drive's name is "My Passport (F)". This is so frustrating!!! Please help.
Thanks a million <3
Buttercupsx
xXx

P.S: Those random questions at the end are annoying. I failed a bunch of em. Hehehe don't judge.

A:Hard drive won't open folders help!

Sounds like the folder you are trying to open is referencing a path that does not exist. Try the drive in another computer, try the drive in a different Operating system - see if the issue is still there. The drive might be failing or the data on it is corrupt. try downloading the WD diag utility for windows & test the drive. http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=218&sid=171&lang=en Post back!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-wont-open-folders-help.179647/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 69.66%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello I have external Samsung G USB station I had two different folders show drive and doesn't External files partitions one primary just for files and one logical for files also All the time I use WinXP Linux and Vista on different computers mostly Everything was fine But when I bought a brand new DVD with Win and installed on my brand new laptop the strange things became Now I ll try to define my problem as much as possible clearly and accurately My laptop with Win shows that logical drive but when I go in there I can t see my folders and files they are not hidden of course In properties I can see that these files ARE there I suppose that by the External drive doesn't show files and folders free and used space of that partition and I really know how GBs was there so in properties seems that anything is not lost When I connect External drive doesn't show files and folders drive to a different computer with let s say Vista it doesn t show these files also Same with XP But I can reach my files on Linux Another strange thing is that all the information in the other partition primary drive is accessible without any probs Now I copied all these files into Linux and used to format that partition NTFS and made it primary also I did it on Win So I have two primary drives now Then I brought all the information from Linux back into that drive under my investigation Everything was fine and I was so glad till I restarted mtfk Computer When I use Norton Partition Manager for browsing that drive I can see these folders and files One more thing I observed on Vista these folders icons seem like shortcuts now What is very strange really I can reach them in fact But I can t on XP or Win now Then I ve experimented a bit I copied two small files on that drive intentionally Surprisingly I can see these freshly loaded files both on Vista and XP On Win also But can t see these previously loaded files So WTF May anyone be able to help to resolve this confusing problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-drive-doesnt-show-files-and-folders.174247/
Relevancy 23.65%

Morning,

I recently purchased a Buffalo ministation to save my folders to as a back up. I've copied some folders no problem (one up to 5.38gb) but now it is telling me (on a folder smaller than 4gb) that it cannot be copied. I formatted the hdd to NTFS as soon as I got it, so it isn't that.

Any help,

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buffalo-ministation-will-not-let-me-copy-some-folders.171558/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all I am brand new to this forum and dealing with the internals of computers Please bear with me I have a from HD files personal an Recovering IDE old really old eMachines - that just recently took a dump It would no longer power on at all So I went to the store and got a Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD power supply and for the Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD first time Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD ever took the side panel off of the tower After switching the bad power supply for the good one the CPU powered right up However I had no video output which led me to belive that my video card is bad My next step was to return the power supply and get an IDE hard drive enclosure that I picked up at a locally owned computer shop I hooked up the enclosure to my laptop and let kaspersky go to work on all the viruses and what not I knew had to be on there from that way that thing had started acting over the years Once completed I went to retreive the information twelve years worth of music photos ect that I cared about upon opening Music the folder was empty pictures was that same case So then I found Jims Share Drive IIRC that had a large file size I guess that s where all my stuff is but when I try to open the file I get told that I don t have the privledges I never put a password up or anything Is there any way to bypass this so I can access my stuff Any assistance is greatly appreciated Also I hope I didn t ramble too much nbsp

A:Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD

Make sure you have administrator rights. I will assume you are on at least Win XP.. Right click on the folder in question, go to properties, security. Check the setting there. Add yourself to the list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-personal-files-from-an-old-ide-hd.169352/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello i want to know if i can play Medal of honor without lag online

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz
3.5 GB Really 4 but on vista
GeForce 8400 GS
Btw on systemrequirementslab it says my video ram is 2.0gigs

on systemrequirementslab it says i cant play but i played in the beta perfectly
and i can play call of duty black ops on low no lag even though my vid card doesnt reach the reqirements

i dont mind playing the lowest possible graphics

A:Can I play Medal of Honor 2010 with GeForce 8400 GS?

You must be running Vista 32-bit. You need a 64-bit operating system to "see" 4GB or more of system RAM. With playing on-line games, your Internet speed is more important than your hardware. What type of Internet access do you have, DSL, Cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-medal-of-honor-2010-with-geforce-8400-gs.166552/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, when i plugged in my memory stick this morning to finish off the last of my college work and to back it u to my computer i was greeted with all of my folders and files names being changed and unable to open any of them, is there a solution to fix all this as there is my years worth of college work on here. Also when I try to scan and fix my memory stick and attempt to recover bad sectors it stops and says "Windows cant check the disc while its in use" and asks if i want to force dismount.
I have no idea how to resolve this and would appreciate any help at all as my assignments have to be in for Tuesday. Thank you.

A:Need help with memory stick thats changed all my folders and files

Welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried this?

http://serverfault.com/questions/11...t-unmount-a-physical-hard-drive-in-windows-xp

You can find more informations from here too: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx
More info too: http://www.computerhope.com/chkdskh.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-memory-stick-thats-changed-all-my-folders-and-files.164559/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 24.08%

My usb drive goes into read only mode when there is 256 folders in it.

Can I get around this?

Are all usb drives like this or does mine suck?

A:Usb drive only 256 folders?

size (the capacity) matters: USB thumbdrives are formatted FAT32 and have restrictions or limits based upon that architecture. While the 256 directory count is bizarre, if the capacity is small, then both the file count and directory count will be low.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-only-256-folders.161436/
Relevancy 23.65%

We had a server die and had to move the virutal servers to a new vm host. brought up the servers now Exchange2010 server will not communicate with the PDC. Ran the dcdiag tool and output it to a file which is attached. Email has been down for 12 hours now! Any help would be great!

A:Exchange 2010 server not communicating with Operations Master

This may sound dumb, but did you check to make sure your network card is still programmed with the static info it had before? We've had issues when moving virtual pc to a new host where the original network connection was "hidden" because it was on new hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-2010-server-not-communicating-with-operations-master.160308/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have files and folders I want to put on a USB key to give to someone.
I want to make sure that these files and folders cannot be deleted (the files themselves are secured from editing etc...).
Basically I guess I want the USB to work a bit like a read only disc.
Is there a setting when I transfer files to key or a software.
I do not want to have a password to view/open the files, just to prevent deletion.
Thanks
Cass

A:Can I secure files/folders on a USB key

Than can be done with NTFS permissions - - I did that to mine.

On your home PC, attach the device and make sure you have access to it.

Then you need a setup like this
your PC, using any LUA/UAC account TAKE OWNERSHIP and set Full control
that should leav only that LUA/UAC account with permissions (ie even Administrator and Administrators groups do not show up.)
Now add the EVERYONE id and set Read/Exec/Traverse​The results will be
any pc to which it is attached will have access to the files (including the ability to COPY or Execute),
but only your home PC-that specific LUA/UAC user will be able to modify the contents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-secure-files-folders-on-a-usb-key.154686/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi there I recently moved some folders which are on an external hard drive into a new folder on that drive called quot August re-sort quot A few visible, no Folders corruption longer possible days later windows was running a backup and the USB cable Folders no longer visible, possible corruption to the drive came disconnected Most likely as a result of the above incident the new folder is no longer visible I ran CHKDSK with the F command and it found an index entry for that folder or that it was unindexed but looks as if it had deleted the entry and the folder is still not appearing after the chkdsk ran Interesting chkdsk text relating to the process is as follows quot Deleting Folders no longer visible, possible corruption index entry August Re-sort in index I of file CHKDSK is scanning unindexed files for reconnect to their original directory CHKDSK is recovering remaining unindexed files Unindexed files recovered If you have any advice on how I can recover this folder and the data within it it would be greatly appreciated Thanks in anticipation nbsp

A:Folders no longer visible, possible corruption

You can try a data recovery application, it may be able to recover the data. I use GetDataBack but there are others.

If you're using the external drive for a backup, where's the original data?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folders-no-longer-visible-possible-corruption.152617/
Relevancy 22.79%

i recently got a wireless router(linksys) for my home, it worked fine with compaq laptop (new hence built in wifi) and my desktop. however i had to get TP link wifi device for my ancient sony laptop, i installed the drivers and everything it even shows that its connected to the wireless network. However the network kept disconnecting, so i played around with the settings a little and the internet started working(really slow), however the shared folders were still unaccessible from the sony laptop. Again tweaked the settings and now both internet/sharing does not work. Can any one point in the right direction wether these 2 devices are compatible or the correct settings.

Sony laptop has Windows XP, SP-1
Networking worked fine when i use wired one.

A:Wi-Fi Device connecting with network but Internet/shared folders not accessable

sounds like you're attempting to access files/folders on another system.

First get Internet access running correctly for both systems.

Then set the Workgroup name identically on both systems (see via My Computer)

get to this point and the remainder is in the Print/File Sharing setup ...

follow-up when you have Internet access.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-device-connecting-with-network-but-internet-shared-folders-not-accessable.150398/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 23.65%

I've got Windows XP Pro SP 3 with a new XP install on it.

I'd like to partition my WD 120MB HD before I install
Acronis True Image Home 2010

Can I do this with out any problems later on with true image
if so whats the best way to do it & the software I need & should
I make NTFS or fat32 for a format.

A:How Can I Partition My HDD Before I Install Acronis True Image Home 2010?

Why do you want to do this?

Free Hard Disk and Partition Imaging and Backup Software
http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/backupandimage.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-partition-my-hdd-before-i-install-acronis-true-image-home-2010.143325/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Cheap Office Build

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-office-build.136843/
Relevancy 20.21%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all Weird problem that s driving me insane - If I put an external USB drive I ve tried a gb quot gb brand new USB key gb friend s USB key to Able folders USB drives not but files create on into my Dell D XP laptop I am unable to do any update activity on files So the following doesn t work right click select New - gt Able to create folders but not files on USB drives Text Document renaming a file touch a file using Cygwin copying a file from the internal drive to the USB drive If I try I get Unable to create file blahblah Access is denied Copying a file to the USB key gives me quot Cannot copy blah blah Access is Denied Make sure the disk is not full or write protected quot and that the file is not currently in use I ve tried all sorts of files and I get the same error But these will work leading me to believe it s not a write-protect problem Right click select New - gt Folder rename folders even if they contain Able to create folders but not files on USB drives files mkdir a folder from Cygwin All the things in the list about the doesn t-work list on another Windows laptop Can anyone think of where I can start looking to see where the problem is coming from Thanks in advance Michael nbsp

A:Able to create folders but not files on USB drives

What are your computers specs and Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/able-to-create-folders-but-not-files-on-usb-drives.124138/
Relevancy 22.36%

What are you going to use the work Build office Cheap Comp - PC Comp Build - Cheap office work for - Browsing and office work MS or If possible also Comp Build - Cheap office work run Battlefield and Age of Empires How much is your budget - Lets say below sterling but the cheaper the better Where are you located aka fill out your profile - England Are you willing to buy online - Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build - Nvidia GeForce graphics card a DVD reader and DVD re-writer i ll provde specs if needed monitor gb ram DDR Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others - nope Have you already bought any parts - nope I have posted my previous problems in some other threads I wont go into it but I would like to know if it was feasile to save the new HD I bought This is supposed to be a completely new build so case is also needed nbsp

A:Comp Build - Cheap office work

Is the 6800 PCI-Express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-build-cheap-office-work.124104/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 20.21%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

Can someone help me with this. I've almost decided on these parts and I think they would be suitable for a basic office and internet pc(i've had a bit of a look and can't see why they wouldn't be). I would just like a second opinion. I already have the screen, a keyboard and mouse. just need the actual system. All the prices are from pcmaniacs.com.au

Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet 450w SLI PSU 135mm Fan $55.00
Corsair Value Select PC5300 (667) 2048Mb/2Gb Module $55.00
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz AM2 Dual Core Retail Box $89.00
Coolermaster Elite 341 mATX $49.00
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2 $89.00
Samsung HD161HJ 160Gb 8Mb SATA II $69.00
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM $135.00

$541.00
+ $45 postage.
Total $586

Going for xp home as i'm on a very tight budget and each dollar counts. Hence the cheap parts and small hdd.

thanks in advance. Any comments would be appreciated.

A:Basic PC for office work, will this be good enough?

Yes, it will be fine.
But there are much larger hard drives available for less money. Look at Directron.com, ZipzoomFly.com, and NewEgg.com
Consider a Seagate first, or a Western Digital over the Samsung if the price is close enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/basic-pc-for-office-work-will-this-be-good-enough.120204/
Relevancy 21.07%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-email.117979/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a very strange problem that I have not been able to correct...I have an office network with 3 computers. We can access every internet site with no problem except the company website. This problem also continues into our outlook. We cannot use outlook to check our work email which also uses the same domain as the company website. From computers outside of the office we can access our website and webmail fine.

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem only on the three computers in my office?

A:Office Network Problem

with three systems having the same problem, suspect the gateway router and/or the server firewall itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-network-problem.117983/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi;

I use my network card to connect directly to another computer for backup, and then I change the network cable and connect to internet with the same network card. Does this make my shared folders (with read/write permissions) more vulnerable to attacks?

I use Win XP sp3

A:Shared folders and security

i take it you don't have a router then or you'd be connecting both computers to that?
How is your backup performed? If its just drag and drop copying then you don't need to open sharing on the folders you are copying if its performed on the 'master' pc.

Ultimately its down to this.....Do you have a firewall running?
That's the security you need to invoke in the first instance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-folders-and-security.117301/
Relevancy 24.51%

I bought the sleek sexy and a little overpriced Dell XPS system earlier this year and now I want it to put out By put out I mean accept my input which I suppose is the same thing I want to use my huge it massive I a inputs? does 2010, have have XPS quot monitor on my laptop as a display for my xbox Now I know that this is something that tons of people want to do but maybe there s something that I m missing that will allow I have a massive XPS 2010, does it have inputs? it I m currently using a Adaptec Gamebridge and it works but its not the quality it should be on my screen and it only does full screen which is a crime on my wide screen monitor anyway I ll post up the specs for i o the laptop has and hopefully some one will be ably to deliver Expansion Connectivity Expansion Slots Total Free Memory - Type I II ExpressCard Multimedia card reader Interfaces x Hi-Speed USB - Hi-Speed USB x Modem - RJ- x Ethernet - RJ- x Display video x Microphone x IEEE a x S-Video x DVI-I x IR blaster nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-massive-xps-2010-does-it-have-inputs.117056/
Relevancy 29.67%

Quick question,

Is there a reliable way to setup a secure dedicated webmail server at my home using a dedicated computer and a DHCP cable line (15m-D,2m-U)? If so, what is the difficulty level of this on a 1-5 scale (5 - able to write your own drivers, 1 - can hook up a computer)?

Also, where is a good place to read about how large scale network infrastructure and management works? I'd really like to learn about how server grade routers, firewalls and the like work. The most I know is to connect to xx.xx.xx.xx (ip) to configure my linksys router. I appreciate all your direction and thought (and time).

Guitto

A:DHCP + Personal WebMail Server

Are you looking to become an emal service provider? Have you looked into using a service provider like godaddy or something like that. They have email hosting packages that are very reasonably priced.

Ihave not set up a webmail server but there will be a few software packages you will need to install and configure. What do you consider your level of expertise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-personal-webmail-server.114434/
Relevancy 23.65%

i delete documents it comes back, so i thought okay, ill just keep it all in there.. but every time i go in there the folders pictures, music, and videos are there, i delete them, its all good, i plug it in again, and the folders are back

is there a way from keeping my USB device from automatically creating these folders?

thank you in advance

A:USB drive auto creating folders

Windows itself keeps these folders in My Documents
You aren't talking about those required folders are you?

If you are talking about on your flash reader device, you may just need to format it.
Here's a good tool I've used to do that (this will only format Flash Drives, ie remove all data, so backup your flash drive first)

HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-auto-creating-folders.114375/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-and-email-knowledge-lacking.112499/
Relevancy 21.07%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-video-email-marketing.111123/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I am helping a family member setup a network and need help.

the setup is as follows

Store "A"
Store "B"
"Main office"

He wants to let Store A & B use the main sale software which is located in the Main Office. How can we do this, should I just setup a VPN for both stores so that they can login to the main office or would I need a back-end server. Thanks

A:Setting up branch office need professional ITs

And they are in the same building or contiguous?

I would to with the VPN... unless there are a lot of computers, meaning more than 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-branch-office-need-professional-its.109097/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey I have setup a vpn from sbs2003 using dyndns and I have open the port needed and have enabled gre protocol "pptp". I am able to connect to the vpn but I do not see any of the folders nor the server.

Setup:
Modem>Cisco router >SBS2003>Clients

how do I mount to the server thanks

A:VPN not showing folders

hey for anyone who is having this problem what you need to do is make sure that the router the server is does not have the same ip range as from where you are trying to connect

EX:
the EX below will not work look at the bold part
server 192.168.1.112
Vpn client 192.168.1.5

The EX below will work look at the bold part
server 192.168.1.112
VPN client 192.168.0.5

Hope this helps some one that needs it. Oh yah then to mount to the server use \\ IP of server

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vpn-not-showing-folders.109984/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I m thinking of building a personal file- server I have some ideas about what I should get but seeing as I currently don t have money for building it it s still in planning stage I m thinking of building a RAID server which runs on Linux which distro I do not yet know Taking suggestions for personal server hardware but I m considering later Ubuntu versions While I say personal I will still allow my family and closest friends access to it maybe over LAN only for security reasons if this is possible Seeing as I have many many large files there is also a great need for disk space Therefore I am thinking of buying five hard disks one terabyte each for RAID where one will be lost for parity and one small ish hard disk for the O S to run from I also am thinking of running software RAID so I am not going to use money on external RAID controller unless absolutely necessary Requirements for hardware are Chassis Must be able to house six hard drives and at least one CD DVD rom drive Taking suggestions for personal server hardware Does not need floppy Must be able to install sufficient cooling May or may not include PSU Motherboard Integrated sound graphics network card RAID support DDR MHz or higher RAM support At least six SATA connectors Also at least one IDE connector for CD DVD rom drive CPU Probably dual-core with decent frequency Not sure what to say here Obviously must be supported by mobo Memory Two or four gigabytes of or higher MHz DDR RAM Hard drives Five hard drives with at least TB each Used in RAID One cheap hard drive with preferably RPM for O S All of these must be SATA SATAII drives No Samsung drives had enough troubles with them in the past EDIT May start with less drives in RAID if I understood the quot mdadm quot command correctly as in that you can add additional drives semi- easily later on CD DVD drive IDE drive No other requirements Used mainly for installing the O S not much else All of this should not cost more than little less than Some extra may be used for cooling and possible PSU Absolute maximum is Taking suggestions will probably build this in November as a personal birthday present for myself nbsp

A:Taking suggestions for personal server hardware

What did you deside on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/taking-suggestions-for-personal-server-hardware.108711/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 23.65%

Techspotters,

This should be simple to fix but I'm having a problem figuring it out. A customer as 4 PCs, all running XP. 3 are XP Pro and one is XP Home. All are connected peer-to-peer through a router. Assigned all of them to a new workgroup and they can see each other. There is one PC that the others cannot access its shared folders. We can access its shared printer folder. Searched the web and tried various solutions including editing the registry but still nothing's working. We get the error "\\Dad\c is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource" and either "not enough server storage is available to process this command" or "the network path is not found" Also, this one is a laptop that is connceted wirelessly whereas the others are connected directly to the router.

Any suggestions?

A:Cannot Access Shared Folders on XP Network

Sometimes there's nothing simple about Windows Networking and File Sharing!

You said they can all see each other?

The only issue is accessing a shared folder on one of the PCs? But the shared printers on that PC are accessible?

To make this easier to discuss particulars, could you tell me the following about each computer and then i (we) can both refer to a machine by name to avoid confusion.

- Machine Name
- XP Pro or XP Home?
- LAN or Wireless connected

And which computer (tell me machine name) has a shared folder not accessible to others.

Also, it sounds like the problem is down to just an authentication issue but i'll offer these links as fyi's you may want to at least skim through to check things. Also, we'll also probably find LanSpy (described in Part1) helpful to diagnose this

TROUBLESHOOT: Part1, XP File and Printer Sharing

Part 2, ?Troubleshoot: XP File and Printer Sharing, Computers Not Found? Diagnose Computer Browser Service

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-shared-folders-on-xp-network.108179/
Relevancy 23.65%

So I just set up my old laptops harddrive as an external harddrive. When I tried accessing a folder that was hidden it denied me access. I read around and found turning off simple file sharing than right clicking the hidden folder and going to sharing and security tab. From here I was supposed to do a few things under the security tab but it will not let me do this. When I click sharing and security a message comes up saying I do not have permission to view or edit current permission settings. How can I fix this or how can I access the hidden folder?

A:Cant view hidden folders

I found the solution so mods can delete this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-view-hidden-folders.105443/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m running a small office network of computers Only one computer that I m aware of has the problem The computer has full access to internet and all network printers but drives/folders network access XP can't computer Pro is unable to access the server XP Pro computer can't access network drives/folders or any shared files on the other computers I can ping all tested computers over the network without problem as well as the default gateway but get the error message quot MsHome is unaccessable quot when I click quot view workgroup computers quot I ve reconfigured the network on this computer using the Network setup wizard and after tweaking a few other things I was able to get full access of the network from the computer but upon the next start up without any software changes I m again XP Pro computer can't access network drives/folders unable to acess the network I ve tried repairing the connection both with the dropdown menu and through the cmd prompt The network troubleshooter was no help and I m running out of ideas Help me out Thanks EDIT I ll also add that all computer on the network are running XP Pro nbsp

A:XP Pro computer can't access network drives/folders

i had this on a xp machine years and years ago turned out to be some kind of stuff up in my wmi service windows management thing.
there is a way you can repair it but when i attempted to do that it still failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-computer-cant-access-network-drives-folders.103836/
Relevancy 21.07%

I know it probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway. I got an email to 'Test' and 'Keep' a Dell XPS laptop. So what kind of scam is it?

A:Email Scam?

DON'T OPEN! If its not malware,it's a sales scam. Just label it spam and drive on.....Don

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-scam.102864/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am a Mac User. My friend sent me two video because the file size is too big. My friend added an extension .001 and .002 at the end of each (WMV)video for identification. After I downloaded these two video, I removed the .001 and the video plays fine on the QuickTime and the RealPlayer. However, it does not work for the second video on either software. Does anyone know what should I do to be able to watch the second video?
Is there anyway I can merge two video together? What kind of software will make it work?
Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Merge two video

Did you remove the .001 & .002 parts and replace them with .WMV?
Also, you might be missing some codecs. Download and install the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from here, taking care to check all the checkboxes at the install type selection screen (don't check the ones that say 'Not Recommended' next to them). Then try opening the file again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/merge-two-video.102396/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to merge two partitions. I recently formatted my computer's hard drive and my friend created partitions on it. The C drive is running out of space and it is causing all kinds of problems, like the system is slow. I downloaded Partition Magic 8 but it was a demo version and didn't work. Is there a freeware I could download to merge the two partitions without losing the data in either of them? Pliz help.

A:Merge two partitons

Gparted
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php

Actually I use Partition Magic - but this is a licenced product
Gparted is free.

Edit:

Actually can Gparted merge?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/merge-two-partitons.99831/
Relevancy 23.65%

I bought a new computer when the CPU of my old hard How drives? to from old unlock folders computer suddenly failed I pulled out the old master hard drive from my old computer Hoping to retrieve some old important documents from this old drive I put it How to unlock folders from old hard drives? in a USB hard drive enclosure and hook it up to my new computer using USB I really do not want to open my new computer and install the old drive as an internal drive The new computer is able to read this old drive with no difficulty However I am not able to access the quot My Document quot folder in my old hard drive I have attempted to solve this by creating in the new computer the same user name that I have used in my How to unlock folders from old hard drives? old computer and log on using this old user name However I still How to unlock folders from old hard drives? cannot access the quot My Document quot folder in the old hard drive Is there any way of quot unlocking quot this folder from my old hard drive now connected to the new computer using USB without opening the new computer nbsp

A:How to unlock folders from old hard drives?

i've never encountered such a thing before, check for encryption, viruses, or security settings that may cause this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-folders-from-old-hard-drives.19249/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently removed a secondary HDD from my old Windows XP machine. However, I did not remove sharing from several folders on the HDD before physically removing it. Now, when I access the shares from that computer, I still see the folders that are on the removed HDD (but obviously I can't open them). Where is the listing of shares stored in Windows XP? How can I remove these shares?

A:Samba shares remain after removal of HDD containing shared folders - Windows XP

try opening My Network Places, and deleting them from there.

also might try My Computer, select the Share and then Disconnect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samba-shares-remain-after-removal-of-hdd-containing-shared-folders-windows-xp.97788/
Relevancy 19.78%

I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

A:IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-t20-thinkpad-type-2647-92u-wont-boot-my-ms-office-2005-cd.96257/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recently merged two partitions together using PartitionMagic and for the 2nd partition it moved all the data that was on it into a folder onto my 1st partition like I wanted it to. Except now I can't access the folder at all and windows says the folder contains nothing at all(there was at least 30 gigs of stuff in there). Am I screwed or is there a way to recover this data?

A:Unable to access folder after partition merge

I use Partition Magic a lot on computers, but normally I move the files in Explorer first, actually I didn't know that PM could do this for me. Mind you, from your post I'm glad I always moved files first.

Anyway, you say that "now I can't access the folder at all" can you access the folder in Safe mode ? What actually happens when you do try to open the folder ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-folder-after-partition-merge.96226/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey Techspot,
The other computers in my network have trouble accessing certain shared folders on my main computer. I have three drives installed, C: my OS drive, and D: and B: file drives. My C: Public folder, another folder on C: and my entire D: drive have been shared for a long time, and are the only paths the other computers can access. Anything I try to share now (except stuff on the D: drive, since the entire thing is share-enabled) will return the "is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource." error.
I can understand why a computer in it's entirity wouldn't be accessible across a network, but as to why certain locations wouldn't work - some on the same drive as locations that do work - I'm at a loss.
Thanks in advance!

A:Certain paths and folders inaccessable across network.

The edit button isn't working so:
I forgot to mention, all the computers are running Vista Home Premium or Ultimate, all on an ethernet lan with a Belkin router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-paths-and-folders-inaccessable-across-network.94200/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi i have a server and wanted to share quickbook so that i can use the file from the server when i am in another location (no same building) if some one can help with a guide thanks

A:Setting up shared folders

You could use TightVNC to access your folders remotely, it's free and easy to setup. http://www.tightvnc.com/faq.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-shared-folders.93781/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a small domain setup with a mix of Win K Win XP Windows Mobile and Windows Vista roaming profile Vista <<username>>.v2 folders clients The server is setup with roaming profiles and folder redirection for all users All was working well until you guessed it I added the Vista clients First of all the Vista clients create a new folder called Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders lt lt Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders username gt gt V in the profile store which is annoying but I can cope with however it doesn t copy accross the users settings This means that the user ends up with a blank profile Now some of the information Favorites My Docs and Desktop etc can be linked copied or are not that important but it means that when changes are made to one copy of the profile say wallpaper for example - just for simplicity it is not changed on the other profile as they have seperate registries Does anyone know of a way to get Vista and other clients to use the same profiles -or- does anyone know if Server is going to address this problem I have been looking all day when I could have been getting on with other things and have found no help at all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-username-v2-roaming-profile-folders.90927/
Relevancy 20.64%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have a 400gig external usb drive its 3 weeks old and has worked perfectly until now i just moved a folder onto the drive and now it is showing that there are no folders on the drive , i can access the drive as normal but there is no files there, it shows that ive used 165gig of the 400gig when i click on properties . Ive run a disk recovery program which shows all my missing files but i have a laptop with only a 80gig harddrive so the program cant back up the files to my to laptop. Is there any way of recovering my files without using another drive

A:usb drive folders just disapeared

have you tried to reinstall driver, unplug the usb and power and replug it and shut down the window.s

1. shut down windows and external hard drive

2, turn on the external hard drive first before computer, let it run for about 10 seconds.

3. turn the computer on and try it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-folders-just-disapeared.89181/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay here s one that I m embarrassed to say has stumped me Although I haven t pulled all the stops yet so technically I m not stumped in Can't Vista shared see folders - haha Anyway here s Can't see shared folders in Vista the deal I ve got shared folders on my network I can see them on my XP machines but not on the lone Vista machine The PC with the folders is an XP machine as logic may tell you All the Can't see shared folders in Vista other XPs are desktops connected on a LAN The Vista is a notebook using WiFi but it can t see the folders when directly connected either The XP file server was Vista a few days ago but we decided to go back to XP after months of trouble with the printer The laptop was able to see the folders when the server was Vista if that s of any help Wow that description is a long unorganized ramble Lemme try to break it down Fileserver XP Pro Client Vista Home Premium Problem Can t see shared files Ok that s simpler Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Can't see shared folders in Vista

Check out this:

http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-shared-folders-in-vista.86745/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

I have just set up Samba to create a shared drive between my laptop running Ubuntu v7.04 and my desktop running WinXP home SP2. This is great and I am really pleased that I've been able to make it work with the help of a really clear guide!

The question I have now (and I am sure it is a simple one!) is this - how do I create links between files and folders on other drives on the XP machine and the shared drive and the same with files and folders on Ubuntu? So that I am not cutting and pasting everything to the shared drive.

Will.

A:How do I Share Files and Folders?

Sorry,

Was a little anxious and wanted reassurance before doing anything - however some basic web searches calmed my frayed nerves - it's been a busy day.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-share-files-and-folders.86695/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi up setting medical a in help a office in need small network I just started my own office and would like to set u a network in the office I have setup networks mostly wireless at home I woud like to setup a hybrid network office will have one server about desktops printer scanner and one laptop i am setting up asterix pbx need help in setting up a network in a small medical office a friend is helping with that and voip phones have to run wires across rooms would like to have wireless networking for laptop use I have zyxel mimo router and plan to extend it by adding a switch I need a basic idea about how to run wires have to run wires across - rooms my understanding is that i need one cable for each computer So if i have a printer and computer in a room-- i would need to run two cables from two ports---right also need help with which cable to use cat cat e what other equipment do I need thanks appreciate your help much christy nbsp

A:need help in setting up a network in a small medical office

Basically the rule of thumb is one cable per device. I would use cat5e for this type of setup as it will give you room for expansion as cat5e is gigabit ethernet capable (assuming growth is always good instead of re-wiring infrastructure). This is the cable most often used in fast ethernet setups (100MBps).

Also keep in mind that the maximum length you can use for the cabling is 100M or your going to run into some serious issues.

You also need to use different ethernet cable types for the devices. For Example - If you go from Router to a computer, you use straight through. If you go from router to switch, you also use a straight through. The only time you connect devices using a crossover cable, is like devices. Ex - switch to switch, router to router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-setting-up-a-network-in-a-small-medical-office.81112/
Relevancy 21.07%

My husbands aunt has dial up, we set her email account up but now several months later it is telling her that someone else has that account and she is unable to send email, this is the 2nd time this has happened. How can this be fixed so it doesn't happen again?

A:email conflict in msn

Hi Twinkletla1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say what email provider you have, if its with an ISP or with one such as MSN hotmail, Your thread title mentions MSN so I'll hazard a guess that she either hasnt used in for more than once in 30 days and as such the account has been shut down, this is to prevent unused accounts cluttering up the MSN server and filling with junk mail.

To keep a hotmail account active you have to login regularly, about once a fortnight at least.

If its another provider than please post back and let us know.

Whilst your here could you do me the honour of reading the threads below It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-conflict-in-msn.79168/
Relevancy 21.07%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all,
Yesterday I merged 2 x 30Gb partitions and even though the process was completed without hitch, the folder/file info from one of the partitions has disappeared. The data is still stored on the partition as indicated by space occupied. How can I restore access to the missing files?

John H .

A:Partition Magic loses files during Merge process

Google file recovery utilities. this is a good one that has helped me in a pinch. It is a 30 day trial, which doesnt really matter if you're just gonna use it once to restore some files.

ALWAYS back up your files before editing partitions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-magic-loses-files-during-merge-process.77248/
Relevancy 19.35%

Which company or software are good and fast. To let me use my office computer from home. thank you.

A:Which site or software that will let me use my office computer from home computer

It would be the software that your work system administrator allows you to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-site-or-software-that-will-let-me-use-my-office-computer-from-home-computer.75478/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-for-email-trace.74023/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am trying to map to a shared folder on a server, but cannot. I go through the steps of mapping a drive, but when I try to expand the server, nothing shows up. So the server is visible but not the shared folders. any clues as to what might be happening?

conrado

A:Shared Folders not visible

the system names get passed via port 137
the actual shares are passed on ports 139,445

make sure the system that has the data shared, does so without using a
sharename that ends in $, eg invisibleShare$

what version of the server are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-folders-not-visible.73540/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about buying a surge suppressor for a small office. A recent electrical storm took out at least one power supply in my dad's office, so I'm thinking we should get a surge suppressor installed. There are five desktops in the office, each consuming on average 300W, I'm assuming. There are also two laptops probably consuming at most 150W.

There is already a UPS serving most of the computers, but that doesn't hold them for very long, as it probably isn't meant to power as many computers as it is. Anyway, I wanna talk to my dad about installing a dedicated surge suppressor. What brand, or better yet, model, should we be getting? I know nothing about surge suppressors.

Regards and thanks for any replies

A:Surge suppressor/protector for small office

Tripp, and APC are both good brands, andthe thing to look for it not just surge suppressors and battery backups but ones that have AVR (Auto Voltage regulator) capabilities. brown outs and such can be just as damaging as power outs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surge-suppressor-protector-for-small-office.73354/
Relevancy 20.64%

It just happend a week ago Internet became terribly slow many websites - about of them - don t load at all page not found and I can t send Email - only recieve MSN Messenger either connects or not it depends if it feels like doing so In addition Start- gt Run- gt cmd- gt ipconfig had displayed quot ipconfig quot is load, Email don't can't Websites send not recognized as an external or internal command and something with a Websites don't load, can't send Email batch file I was fixed by going to My Computer- gt Properties- gt Advanced- gt Enviroment Variables- gt Path and editing Websites don't load, can't send Email it to c windows system Before changing it had been something with Quicktime which was fully uninstalled afterwards My Specs AMD X GTX Extreme MB DFI LanParty Ultra-D OCZ GB X - - - WD GB RPM ENERMAX Watt DMark Using NOD Sygate Firewall Adaware Regvac Registry Mechanic Tuneup Utilities Whats the problem I ve tried uninstalling the Ethernet drivers and reinstalling didn t work My computer is virus and spyware-free and well-protected What could go wrong nbsp

A:Websites don't load, can't send Email

refer to this tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/websites-dont-load-cant-send-email.71253/
Relevancy 18.06%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello!I have a problem whith my mp3 player.I have a Microdia 256 mb flash memory mp3 player.It has a utility called "Mp3 player disk tool" it has a option to encrypt the drive....this turns the drive into two partitions.One of which is encrypted, i know the password and everything but i want to merge the two partitions into 1, to get rid of the encrypted one.(the utility doesn't have this option, and it doesn't say anything about merging...).But i don't have a clue on how to do this.Can someone help me please?

A:How to merge 2 USB Drive (flash memory) partitions?

Try one of these programs...

http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/partitioneditors.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-merge-2-usb-drive-flash-memory-partitions.52285/
Relevancy 22.36%

Here is the found connect account Windows domain cannot (2003)...computer to not back story I am at a school with a NT domain server We bought a new SP server We have two IP ranges Our old configuration had static IP address with DNS servers located at the Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found district that was referenced in the TCP IP properties I set up the new server with roles It has an Active Directory It is a DHCP server I have machines The DHCP has a superscope with scopes within the superscope Each scope has a range of IP address and the exceptions for the server printers et cetera It also is a DNS server that quot listens to all IP addresses quot instead of listen to the quot following IP addresses quot However on the listen to the following IP addresses I put in it s own IP address The DNS server also has forwarders to the district DNS servers The last role is as a File Share I have connected about computers just fine Everything is working good however I am now getting sporadic computers that can t log on I get this message Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later Click to expand The computers are still on the server If I re-add the client machine to the domain everything is fine--for now This has been happening to xp machines It has happened times now and I am worried about a continual problem or a major problem around the corner Are there any ideas on what is causing this I have read up a little bit about SID problems but I am not that literate yet I am wondering if I set something up wrong failed to set something up or if there is an entirely different reason Could it be because the computers are still on the NT directory I have not taken off the NT active directory yet or added the NT server to the server I also have an independent server for the library and a server for a special ed room and program No one at the district can help I am out of ideas I am getting really worried that I did something wrong I can t fix I am not an expert I am in the very beginning stages of my MCSA training nbsp

A:Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found

I would look at the network before you look at the OS, when it happens see if you can ping the server by name and IP, also look in the event viewer of the machine and see if there is anything showing up in there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-connect-to-domain-2003-computer-account-not-found.63556/
Relevancy 20.64%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm looking to build a new computer, and i set a $200 budget for the card. I dont really need an amazing card, just something that can perform/oc well. I'd like to max out some of my fave games, Like CS, WoW, Fear, ect. I've found a couple really good cards, but when it comes down to it, I cant decide between the ATI chipset, or and Nvidia. I've tried both chipsets in previous builds, and both have been up to par. Here's my current specs for the build.

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 ClawHammer 2.6GHz Socket 939

Any recommendations?
Thnx

A:ATI or Nvidia, personal choice, or smart choice?

If you really want an FX-55, why not get the San Diego version instead?
As far as Nvidia or ATi it really depends on the games. Some do better with ATi and some with Nvidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-or-nvidia-personal-choice-or-smart-choice.60457/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey there,

kinda new here so be kind, thanks. Ive a issue here with regards my installing a new 400w psu as apposed to my 300w i was useing before, and tho im all booted up n for intense purposes running o.k dokee like, i cant seem to access my folders on other drive partitions. for example, on my desktop ive world of warcraft icon, and having spent awhile installing it last night and patching it, the icons inncorect, so upon trying to correct it i get to the games partition, and games folder.. but it just wont let me access it, says access denied, restricted.

can i use yah brains on this one please? cheers..

Jay. p.s. let me know if you need any hardware info otherwise, im useing a pentium 4 2.93ghz pc, 250gb SATA hard drive, 1 gig ram.

cheers.
James,

A:New Psu, Now No Accsess Folders On Other Drive Partiions

What was the reason for you changing the PSU? power shortage, burnt out, not enough etc?

try a chkdsk /f and/or a diagnostic tool from the manufacturer of your HDD's website.

Maybe check that you've given that partition a valid drive letter in (right click) My Computer> Manage> Disk Management

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-psu-now-no-accsess-folders-on-other-drive-partiions.58593/
Relevancy 23.22%

Just like the title says when see network Can't work. at shared folders/printers I m at work I can t see any of our file server s shared folders or any of our networked or shared printers when I m on my laptop I could a few weeks ago before I reformatted after getting a nasty virus Bt after reformatting it just didn t see the printers or shared files What s more nobody can see Can't see shared network folders/printers at work. my computer connected either After I messed around with the settings workgroup and computer name I can t even see the workgroup that the printers and server are on Heck I can t even see the workgroup that I M on which means that if I go to quot View Entire Network quot and go to Microsoft Windows Network it shows a total of zero workgroups there Obviously I m connected since I can connect to the internet And I know that I m connected to the correct router And I can login to the router s admin panel and I can see my computer in the DHCP area So it sees me Can't see shared network folders/printers at work. So help If you need more informatoin feel free to ask nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-shared-network-folders-printers-at-work.55139/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi. I have a small office network to set up for database but i dont know much about it.. im more on peer to peer network ( sharing files and printers from workgroups).

here is the current setup:

8 computers running MS XP pro media center edition. with internet connected in a wireless with 4 port router.

Planning to setup:

Install a server and create a domain which will connect the 8 workstations

I would like it to run only on Desktop server (Pentium 4 3.4 ghz, 1g memory, 250 sata hdisk, Mboard Built in lan, vidcard, sound).

which is better OS MS SBS 2003 or MS Win server 2003 standard edition SP1. if you can teach me a step by step setup how to create domain and connect workstations easy.

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it. tnanks

A:Setting up a small office network

maybe better to use apache
most addon's free
and or make a linux server box if you can handle linux
apache is on the disc

my server now runs apache ,linux
are you going to have website to??
if not just need to go to SBS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-office-network.54513/