Windows Support Forum

Windows Search 4 Update/User Profile problem

Q: Windows Search 4 Update/User Profile problem

A few days ago, Windows Update Automatic updates installed an update on my computer called:

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows Vista (KB940157)

When I restarted my computer after this update I tried to log on and got this message:

The user profile service has failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

I fixed this by booting into the F8 restore options on my Dell Laptop and used system restore to repair the problem
Today Windows Update Installed that same update again and the same problem arose which I again fixed with system restore.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this, like why should this update be causing my User Profile not to load ?

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Search 4 Update/User Profile problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Search 4 Update/User Profile problem

Hi, RockLobster, and welcome to the forums.
Hide the update in Windows Update so it won't try to install it.

Manually set a restore point - see System Restore Point - create

Manually download the Windows Search 4.0 update from Microsoft.

Install it

See if that causes the same problem - if so, revert to your newest System Restore.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/172226-windows-search-4-update-user-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

A sorry story - I went to download a copy of Opera now Virus, Windows profile update, user Windows and problem Genuine and must have Virus, Windows update, user profile and now Genuine Windows problem gone to a non-genuine site because all of a sudden I got a host of pop-ups inc one telling me about a wonderful quot Optimiser quot product Had a go at cleaning Virus, Windows update, user profile and now Genuine Windows problem the virus and then performed a windows update that had come along Next boot i have lost my user profile Long story short I think I have cleaned the virus fixed the user profile issue but now am lost in the non-genuine Windows nightmare Diagnostic report below Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr x Windows Product Key - -YYFRF-BT R -GVFPD Windows Product Key Hash H ceMu VtLDL p D Az t k Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID D EA-ED - - -CE BE BC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D EA-ED - - -CE BE BC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GVFPD lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt System Product Name lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run 'slui exe x a x ' to display the error text Error x Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NAAAAAEAAwABAAEAAQACAAAAAgABAAEAhFFMpc dMQmtWTHDtqAzzC ipvkrrKaqIc IQ OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Valu... Read more

A:Virus, Windows update, user profile and now Genuine Windows problem

If it gives you a access denied message while trying to activate windows; you may very well need to change the permissions for your user name in order for you to have access to it as windows 7 has quirks about having access to certain items even if your user name is a administrator. As for the non genuine windows thing; I strongly advise you in the future to never go to a non genuine site for any free browser. Always type the url directly into the address bar of the browser you use as that way you will encounter less issues. To get rid of the non genuine opera copy. I would download and install revo uninstaller from the link below and that should help to get rid of any registry entries in windows as well as the program folder:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/downl...e-portable.php

download, install, and run the uninstaller from the above link then do a google search for opera browser. Thats your best bet at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349221-virus-windows-update-user-profile-now-genuine-windows-problem.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,
I currently have 5 user accounts on my windows vista 32-bit computer and I needed to create a new account. So, I logged onto the administrator account and created a new user account. Then, I logged off the administrator account and tried to log onto the new account. However, I received the following message
The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile can not be loaded.
After receiving the message I restarted the computer and attempted to log onto the new account but I received the same message.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

A:The user profile service Service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Problem. Windows Vista 32-bit

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456439/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-log-on-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded-problem-windows-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 79.12%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 74.82%

This desktop computer came with after Update Windows Missing Profile User Solved: Windows pre-installed and was updated to from the MS free download around a year ago While updates were automatically downloaded the settings were not for auto updates I attempted to install updates a few months ago but got many failures as did many others I read about and after installing KB the desktop was messed up and the missing profile problem was evident Did a system restore which fixed everything and it has been stable ever since - with no updates installed Today after several attempts and Solved: User Profile Missing after Windows Update hours I finally got all the Windows updates installed without failures However when any application icon shortcut is selected the quot Missing Profile quot message comes up I am able to start the program from the Program Files folder using the executable file and once started all appears normal Tried re-creating the shortcuts on the desktop but get the same Solved: User Profile Missing after Windows Update error message This applies to Firefox Thunderbird Word etc Also notice that the pressing the windows key X does not work but windows C works as well as windows R Those keys and icons all work from the administrator logon so the problem seems isolated to the default user After researching the problem I created a new user while under admin privileges but no profile was created When attempting to logon to the new user the message quot The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded quot Checked the User folder on the C drive and the new user was not there So before I give up and re-install windows amp and have to re-load a bunch of programs thought I would check here with the experts to see if there is any hope of fixing these problems Sorry for the lengthy problem description Bob Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway IPISB-VR Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I haven't posted for a while 7 to April user after Windows start update MSE of 3 profile wont now as everything had been running great however I now have a problem My PC installed an update Windows 7 wont start to user profile after MSE update of 3 April on shutdown yesterday morning but when I came to boot it up again a little later it seemed OK up to the screen with the user profile icons When I clicked on my icon to log in all the icons disappeared and I was left with the background only Rebooted a couple of times Windows 7 wont start to user profile after MSE update of 3 April but still the same apart from sometimes I got to enter my password and then it just 'hung' so at the next start up booted to safe mode with networking From here I was able to go to system restore and noted that the problematic download was an update for MSE it actually said MSE so a restore Windows 7 wont start to user profile after MSE update of 3 April to before that event enabled normal start up The trouble is that at the next shut down reboot cycle it re-installed the MSE update and I was back to carrying out a restore This is the cycle I am now in and need to fix it I have even removed MSE and re-installed with the latest updates as part of that process but this little 'important update' keeps coming back to play I have not yet followed the 'Windows Update Posting Instructions' to find error codes as I assumed these might not be there with my continual restore actions As always any help would be appreciated in solving this frustrating problem Steve

A:Windows 7 wont start to user profile after MSE update of 3 April

MSE update 4.4.304.0 was installed on my computer on 13 Nov. 2013. The latest MSE update I have is 4.5.216.0 which was installed on 26 March 2014.
You could try uninstalling MSE & then download another copy from Microsoft & reinstall it. After uninstalling reboot your computer as it seems to help clearing the uninstall.
After reinstalling a lot of updates will get installed so hopefully it does not end up with the same problem as before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/327441-windows-7-wont-start-user-profile-after-mse-update-3-april.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So I'm sysprepping Windows with an answer file set to CopyProfile True nbsp I log in to my customized account and sysprep generalize oobe shutdown unattend unattend xml nbsp Everything copies over just fine nbsp I get my layout in the Metro start menu etc etc However when I log in search to the screen profile shortcuts all users to search CopyProfile point on causes default user to the default profile I originally customized after sysprep everything works great nbsp But when I log into any other account created during sysprep or thereafter and I hit the windows key and do a search for quot Update quot - and select quot Windows CopyProfile causes search shortcuts on all users search screen to point to the default user profile Update quot nbsp I get an error CopyProfile causes search shortcuts on all users search screen to point to the default user profile Title C Users ORIGINALDEFAULTACCOUNT AppData Local Packages windows immersivecontrol Message quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file nbsp You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot It's not every single shortcut Only a certain fiew I get a nearly identical message when trying to launch quot Programs and Features quot from start nbsp If I manually navigate to these controls they load up just fine nbsp Just the search items seem to be pointing to the wrong point nbsp Is there like a cache that copyprofile seems to be copying over for some reason I've tried modifying the built in administrator account thinking Microsoft has gotten a bit stricter on which account I can use but I get the same error Can anybody help

A:CopyProfile causes search shortcuts on all users search screen to point to the default user profile

Ok.  So.... after updating the image as of yesterday, this issue has disappeared.  Same image.  Haven't done anything differently.

I can actually use my base image, not run updates and replicate the error, but updates between the last time I ran updates (couldn't have been more than two weeks ago) and yesterday, the issue has disappeared. 

Thank you MS!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/307fd909-192b-4538-8eb5-624a7eb50c02/copyprofile-causes-search-shortcuts-on-all-users-search-screen-to-point-to-the-default-user-profile?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 70.95%

After entering password, the following message pops up;

'The User Profile Service service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded'.

Selecting OK causes the computer to shut down only to restart almost immediately back at the password and the process repeats over again.

Computer is a Dell studio laptop with windows xp operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-windows-xp.1106186/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

Hope you can help, a user in the office get a couple of RUN DLL errors come up when he logs into his PC.

They are say they cant find these certain DLL's on the PC, the users clicks the OK button and its fine.

Just want to know how to remove the RUN DLL pop-ups if someone knows how?

The location is:-

C:/Document&Settings/username/localsystem/app data/

The files are:-

aricoyuc.dll
fspirm.dll

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Chris

A:Windows XP - user profile problem

That computer is probably infected.

I would click on Report and kindly ask to be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. Be sure to provide the appropriate reports in that forum after reading THIS. From there, be patient. The malware removal experts are very busy! You should get an answer within the next 48 hours.

However, since this seems like a work computer, please read the following rule:

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING CORPORATE/COMPANY OWNED COMPUTERS

Please do not request assistance for corporate/company owned computers. Many changes/deletions are made during the clean up process, some of which may involve uninstalling programs, deleting folders/files, changing settings and/or removing policies etc. As we have no way of knowing for sure if these are actually needed for company operations, malware issues in these cases should be handled by your own IT Departments in order to avoid any undesirable results. Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-profile-problem.989661/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

Hope you can help, a user gets a couple of RUN DLL errors when he logs into his PC.

They cant find certain DLL's on the PC, the user clicks OK and carry's on working.

I would just like the error pop-ups to stop if possible?

The location is:-

C:/Document and Settings/Username/Local System/App Data

the files are:-

aricoyuc.dll
fspirm.dll

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Chris

Relevancy 70.09%

On a w2k-sp4 pc, my booting process starts looping with "Loading your personal parameters" when it reaches "Recording your parameters". That's the point where you hear the jingle which goes on indefinitely.

Since it's inside the opening of the User Session, probably that my profile is somewhat corrupt.

Safe Mode leads to the same loop.

FYI, I can access w2k files through an XP I have on that pc operating in dual boot mode.

A:User profile problem under windows 2000

are you using a login/password?

i've never seen "recording your parameters" in w2k/sp4 as it boots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-under-windows-2000.607399/
Relevancy 69.66%

Yesterday early am I did a Windows update with a total of important updates and optional updates all completed successfully but when system restarted user after gone main for user update profile I got message saying that c user curt profile had problems and a temp profile was used most of the folders and apps I had on desktop were gone so I did a system restore to point previous to the update a lot of the apps came back ok but all of my folders which had spreadsheets or data files are still gone user profile for main user gone after update I know the names of some of them and when I search for them it says that example c user curt desktop smitty hours xlsx shortcut is no longer there same with all of them Tried another system restore back to several days before the issues but still no help Something tells me that I have bit the big one and all of these are gone for good as none of them show up on desktop any longer Am I correct and if so let this be a lesson and don t put files folders on the desktop but rather put them into MyDocs or somewhere else Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO U Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Tech-Spotters I have a tricky problem transfering user accounts between Windows Problem Transfer Windows Tricky XP Account/Profile User XP machines I have a friend who needs two employees to swap their computers This requires me to swap their user accounts between the machines Naturally I used Windows File amp Settings Transfer Wizard FAST I d tranfer the accounts then delete the old ones Well FAST overlayed the existing account on both machines Oops I think I figured out why Since both machines only had the one user account the default name was quot owner quot for Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem both So FAST just added to the existing quot owner Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem quot account rather than create a new one Thankfully I imaged both machines before trying it and restored them to their original state Now I m looking for a SEAMLESS method for swapping the user accounts on both machines I know I could just create new quot dummy quot accounts and copy the files and settings in it from the other machine manually but there s the chance I could mess it up I was just wondering if someone has a clever seamless method for doing this TIA -- Andy nbsp

A:Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem

You can't modify an existing account that way. When using "FAST", you need to create the account you need first, then the files/settings will be transferred to that.
Start over, don't creat any dummy accounts, create the accounts required (I assume they have different names?). RUn the "FAST" in the newly created accounts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tricky-windows-xp-user-account-profile-transfer-problem.134887/
Relevancy 68.8%

We have users on roaming User temporary profile? logs Enterprise - different machines/no - Windows in 3 profile 7 with Windows nbsp Enterprise machines nbsp No one has a roaming profile Users cannot install programs nbsp The users move around so they don't use the same machine all the time and there may be profiles on one machine nbsp They don't always logout but the machines are restarted once a week at least nbsp nbsp Occasionally we may delete profiles on the machines but this is a remote site so we seldom do nbsp Users primarily use remote apps served up either by Citrix or web interface nbsp Little is done locally other than printing nbsp All machines are imaged with the same software All users do the same thing Windows 7 Enterprise - User logs in with temporary profile - 3 different machines/no roaming profile? nbsp One user in an office of six machines can only login to three of the machines with a temporary profile nbsp nbsp She has nbsp no profile under Users nbsp There is no bak registry entry nbsp I cannot locate anything in the registry that points to this user nbsp I checked HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWSNT CURRENT VERSION PROFILELIST nbsp There were profiles but none for this user nbsp No bak profiles for her nothing nbsp I found a post that suggested increasing registry size reboot but still no clue nbsp This has been going on for months and she just let me know but I don't know if she called the help desk and they did something before nbsp Event log has errors saying nbsp Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - nbsp user registry handles leaked from winlogon exe svchost exe Any suggestiosn

A:Windows 7 Enterprise - User logs in with temporary profile - 3 different machines/no roaming profile?

Thanks.  She's working on the computer and does not logoff and back on quickly.  I just rechecked and there absolutely is not a .bak with her name.  On either computer.  I did find one for Temp and one for another user so now I have a
second user getting the profile issue.  I renamed that one and when the other user logged in, he got his profile. 

Guess I will just re-image the computers although I'd like to figure it out but I don't have the spare time to waste and don't want my user to keep getting the temp profile.  My company won't pay for the support and frankly, in all the years I've
been in IT, I've never had MS resolve one issue for me.  Not worth paying for.  Oh well, thanks for your suggestions.  If I have time to devote to this and figure anything else out, I will post the answer. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c119e866-e41e-4f0c-a605-6f205bb8498e/windows-7-enterprise-user-logs-in-with-temporary-profile-3-different-machinesno-roaming?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 68.37%

Deal all,

i need urgent help. i shut down my Pc normally at my work and when i started today morning and put my user name and login , a windows apears with the following message.

WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE USER'S PROFILE BUT HAS LOGGED ON WITH THE DEFAULT PROFILE FOR THE SYSTEM DETAIL- THE SYSTEN CANNOT FINE THE PATH SPECIFIED

please tell me how can i get my profile back to work normally as before.

thanks

A:Windows Cannot Load The User's Profile But Has Logged On With The Default Profile

Have you read this KB article?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-but-has-logged-on-with-the-default-profile.690818/
Relevancy 68.37%

Deal all,

i need urgent help. i shut down my Pc normally at my work and when i started today morning and put my user name and login , a windows apears with the following message.

WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE USER'S PROFILE BUT HAS LOGGED ON WITH THE DEFAULT PROFILE FOR THE SYSTEM DETAIL- THE SYSTEN CANNOT FINE THE PATH SPECIFIED.

remember that i am having windows XP

please tell me how can i get my profile back to work normally as before.

thanks

A:Windows Cannot Load The User's Profile But Has Logged On With The Default Profile

Corruption of the user profile can be a pain to sort out, especially if it’s the index file that’s failed. SOMETIMES, however, simply logging off, leaving the computer at the ‘Press Ctrl+Alt+Del’ screen for about 30 seconds or so, then logging in as usual, can solve this without any further intervention, so I’d suggest giving that a go first.

Further suggestions are a bit more involved.

Log in as another user with administrative rights (such as Administrator) and then open the My Computer icon and navigate to the local hard disk and into the Documents and Settings folder. Look there for the folder which has the same name as the user who’s profile cannot be loaded and go into it. You may have to unhide hidden files and folders (from the Tools menu, select Folder Options and then the View tab, then, in the Advanced Settings box, under Hidden Files and Folders select ‘Show hidden files and folders’) and then locate the file NTUSER.DAT and rename it NTUSER.OLD, then log out, and back in as the failed user. This should replace the corrupted file and allow you to log back in.

If that fails for any reason, again, log in as another user with administrative rights (such as Administrator) and then open the My Computer icon and navigate to the local hard disk and into the Documents and Settings folder. Look there for the folder which has the same name as the user who’s profile cannot be loaded and rename the folder; usually here, I’d add .OLD to the end of the existing folder name, so if your user name is JOHNSMITH, change the folder name to JOHNSMITH.OLD. Then, log out and back in as the failed user. This will create a new profile for the user from scratch. Once successfully logged in, log out and back in as the Administrator user (or the user with admin rights that you logged in as before) and repeat the above steps, this time renaming the user’s folder .NEW, and then taking the .OLD off the folder you created last time, then log back in as the failed user again.

If that fails, then the quickest way to get back up and running is to take a new profile, and rebuild it manually back to how it used to be before it corrupted, so log back in as the user with local admin rights, rename the failed user’s existing folder .OLD, and remove the .NEW suffix from the other folder, then log back in as the failed user and move any local files from the <username>.OLD folder, into the new profile. Local files would include any shortcuts or folders from Desktop, as well as the ‘My Documents’ folder.

Hopefully, there should be something there that allows you to log back in successfully.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-but-has-logged-on-with-the-default-profile-227832.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I need help badly! While working with NeonFx in the "Malware, Trojan, Virus" Forums. The OTS.exe tool deleted key vista files. I am unable to boot up normally! I am writing this request for help after booting up in safe mode. All of my vista settings are either gone or serverely imparied! I need help restoring my vista settings, user profile, recovering files, drivers, applications, etc. I have attached NeonFx's last post describing how my machine got to this state. Someone please help ASAP!

A:Vista - Failed to open by the service user profile. Unable to load user profile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-failed-to-open-by-the-service-user-profile-unable-to-load-user-profile.882933/
Relevancy 67.08%

my computer is password protected. i only have one user account on it. how can i fix this without losing anything on my laptop?

A:vista-the user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded

Just a thought, did you password the default administrator account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533684/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello

When I tried to log on to administrator account on vista laptop this morning I got the following error massage "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I did some research and found a potential solution: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

However the problem is that the solution needs a working administrartor account and the only account I'm able to log in is a standard one with no power to change account type or boot into admin safe mode/ do a command prompt whatsoever.

Would anyone happen to have an alternative solution that doesn't require an admin account to fix this?

A:Vista - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Was able to log on in safe mode and follow the registry edit procedure. Thanks anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281202-vista-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 67.08%

It is an HP computer that my brother brought over because it wouldn t boot It was giving me a quot bootmgr is compressed quot message So I got my Vista repair disc and uncompressed his drive That got rid of that message but then it was giving me winload exe errors So I fixed that and FINALLY it booted up but when I clicked on his user account to log on I get this error message I have searched for answers I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles a loaded" profile cannot the service Getting message be logon. "user profile user failed section but there isn t an extra one I can boot into safe mode but I get no administrative tools no ability to see the event viewer or manage users idk if this is normal I did a command I found to make the default administrator account active or something like that and now when it boots up there is his user account Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message and an admin user If I click his user to log on I get the error message If I click the admin account it loads but it loads telling me the Vista copy is not genuine Anyone have any idea how to fix this Why is the admin account telling me Vista is not genuine Thank you

A:Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message

I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles section but there isn't an extra oneExtra one? you mean the .bak key?Did you follow this guide?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466518/getting-a-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-message/
Relevancy 67.08%

OS Windows XP v Professional SP I restored the computer system as I had lost everything stored in the old user profile A NEW USER PROFILE mlinda quot is created with the correct domain attached to it eg CAA MAU and is fully restored The OLD USER PROFILE quot m linda quot remains in the documents and settings BUT - the domain is of a local computer eg SPARXX and it no longer works with the eg CAA MAU domain The original quot m linda quot user profile contains almost nothing in it no documents etc m linda is still listed in the userlist in computer management BUT 2 (fully name user user restored) new profile old ? Urgent-How profile change to back NOT THE NEW mlinda In administrator mode I dont t see ALL the contents of the newly restored profile Questions How do I change user profile quot mlinda Urgent-How 2 change new user profile (fully restored) back to old user profile name ? quot that has successfully retored everthing back to quot m linda quot since the new profile has everything intact How do I safely delete the newly restored quot mlinda quot and ensure everything is back to normal with the OLD USER PROFILE m linda How to ensure that the correct domain name is attached to the profile by transferring all the data from THE NEW mlinda eg domain CAA MAU to THE OLD m linda that currently has a local computer domain SPARXX User profile m linda has to be attched to domain CAA MAU Should I be backing up before eventhough the new mlinda is in super condition I read in forums that the links to desktop can be lost by transfering How do I retain it Do I have to change anything in the registry value Should I do it with Administrator account in normal mode or safe mode When I log on as an Administrator both mlinda and m linda is as brand new and none of the exisiting files in it When I log in as mlinda new I still see m linda local computer domain in the user list but not mlinda the new But when I right click properties of c documents and setting mlinda under security I see that mlinda is listed with the correct domain name My biggeest fear is not to lose the domain ouutlook etc while changing mlinda to m linda B Rather than going through a process of copying mlinda to m linda Is it possible just delete THE OLD USER PROFILE m linda and rename the THE NEW USER PROFILE mlinda since this is fully restored to m linda If yes what are the best steps And how can I make the adjustments to user list since when wondows starts there is only THE NEW PROFILE mlinda popping up I need it back to m linda I read in a forum that I can go to registry HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVer Profilelist and change but I don t want to mess with it In my case in the registry i should I delete m linda first and rename mlinda to m linda This is rather urgent and need to fix today All your help are truly appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-how-2-change-new-user-profile-fully-restored-back-to-old-user-profile-name.1004093/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

TL;DR: User profile settings have gone to default after a problematic Win 7 update. Can the user profile be easily restored?

The details:

I'm trying to help a family member after an issue... hopefully there's an easy to answer; working over the phone with them can be tough (and getting them to install some remote help can be a feat on its own).

Anyway, they had some issues with the latest Windows Update. During the update, they got locked up and I had to have them restart explorer.exe then restart the system to get normal functionality, and finish the update.

They were supposedly 100% back to normal, but now their normal user account sounds like it's gone to default (all of their usual icons, desktop, and taskbar stuff has gone to default). Is there an easy way to restore a user account without doing everything from scratch?

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:[SOLVED] User Profile Defaults after Win 7 Update

You can install the free Teamviewer on your computer and send them an invite in TeamViewer from Connections on the toolbar. After a couple of clicks it will install, Once started, they just have to give you the TeamViewer user and password codes over the phone and you can take control of their PC.
Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-user-profile-defaults-after-win-7-update-994882.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi nbsp I have a very annoying problem on wireless tablets running windows update nbsp The tablets boot nice and fast approx - seconds to the failed be User cannot User Profile profile loaded the sign-in. Service ctrl alt del screen nbsp However the network mandatory profiles used by students do not work for another seconds after that nbsp For the first seconds or so after ctrl alt del shows up they get the error message quot User Profile Service Failed the sign-in nbsp User User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp After that they will login just fine nbsp We've looked at procmon bootlogs and it shows BADNETWORKPATH the first couple of times you try to call the network path to the mandatory profile nbsp We have tired setting various Group Policy Objects to force them to wait for the network based on various other posts on this nbsp and User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded other sites nbsp Always wait for the network Wait for group policy processing wait User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded for network timeout etc nbsp None of them seem to make any difference nbsp Can somebody explain to me how to resolve this issue nbsp Cheers Da'flibble

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39e43c19-92a8-4d5c-9ec1-8d8c5d94df00/user-profile-service-failed-the-signin-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 66.22%

I had the following error:

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

I googled how to fix it. I now can't get to my photos from my other user account. How can I get to them so I can burn them on a DVD and clear up some of my hard drive? I can still see they are there in my Picasa program just can't get to them on desktop now.

Thanks,
Nici

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Use an admin account, go to the account's picture folder you had before, and answer yes if it asks if it should modify security. ( haven't done this in a while so I can't remember the exact wording )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139421/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I am new here I know absolutely nothing about computers so I wasn t even sure where I should post this cannot the failed Service loaded. profile logon. User User be Profile thread Please help I am desperate Here I will explain what the issue is AND what I tried nbsp to do to fix it But I failed Recently I ve had issues with my computer randomly opening a lot of windows on it s own Yesterday I was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. away and my computer was on and when I came back I saw about new tabs opened and all almost my computer icons seemed to have disappeared I assumed it was just some computer mistake because no way everything go deleted on its own So I restarted it When I restarted it I got the message from the title- quot User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be found quot I don t wanna take User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. it to a quot professional quot to get it fixed because I don t trust any people here in my city- whenever I did that they deleted ALL my files And I have some EXTREMELY important files in this computer that I wish I had saved on USB but I haven t so I definitely can t lose them I just never thought anything will go wrong with this computer as it worked pretty much perfectly So anyway I decided to try to fix it on my own despite that I admittedly know nothing about computers I read that this issue is fairly easy to fix So I found tutorials and forums where people say you should press f and it will take you to quot safe boot quot mode I did this and the first times nothing happened- and third time something did happen but NOT what they said I got options with numbers and letters and third option saying quot enter setup quot Obviously this was Chinese to me but I knew it s not supposed to be that way I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC so I did The next thing that happened was that it opened quot ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode quot and it had parts- Main Al Tweaker Advanced Monitor Boot Tool All I knew was that from what I read I was supposed to activate quot safe boot quot in order to access computer properly but when I clicked under quot Boot quot I didn t see safe or secure mode anywhere I don t know what to do Please help as I m seriously desperate I will gladly tell you any further info and detail about anything else that I can see on my computer under any of these options I just really need this fixed and I d really appreciate it if anyone was patient enough to tell me what to do step by step Thank you so much in advance

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

You can try to fix with Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up.It may take two or three tries to start the safe mode.Continue with Safe mode and user the Administrator login.Are you able to get into the computer with Safe mode as the Administrator? **** In this context administrator is the name of a hidden account used in safe mode. Normally you would not have to use this account. It can be used to repair or create user accounts.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158181.0.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Restart F8 brings up F2 Set Up or F12 Boot Menu.  Can't find advanced boot options to start in safe mode.

A:User Profile service faied to logon. User profile cannot be loaded

System manufacturer and model?

FWIW

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559644/user-profile-service-faied-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 66.22%

Today, Dec.20th, I wanted to create a standard user account for testing.
I named it Test.
When I tried to log on to Test account, I received the above message.
I used the tutorial compiled by Shawn but failed :
The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Problems :
1. I don't remember when was the last time I successfully created a new user account. Therefore, not knowing which is the good restore point for this matter.
2. The tutorial mentioned SID key with .bak at the end.
There are 3 SID keys, but none has .bak at the end.
3. name of ProfileImagePath is as follow ...........
a.1001 belongs to t-4-2
b. 500 belongs to Administrator
c. 501 belongs to Guest
I don't see the SID key for the Test account.
Therefore, I am stuck. not knowing how to proceed.

see screenshot :

Please advise.
Thank you.

P.S. Guest account was NEVER activated.

t-4-2

A:User Profile Service Failed the Login User profile cannot be loaded

Hello t-4-2,

The SID key for the user profile will not be created until the first time a newly created user account is logged on to.

You might see if this part of the tutorial may be the issue you are having.

Rob Brooks-Bilson's Blog: Fix for Vista's: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/203645-user-profile-service-failed-login-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have literally tried every solution found online and NOTHING seems to work nbsp Our environment Windows server domain controller Windows Pro x bit PC's nbsp Trying to login as a domain user and get the error quot User Profile Service failed the logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp I can only login with the domain Administrator Service User the profile cannot User Profile be loaded. failed logon. account or the local administrator account nbsp We are NOT using Roaming profiles nbsp The application event logs do have event error and event warning see screenshot below What I have tried Microsoft FixIT Tried editing the SID's out of the registry manually per KB http support microsoft com kb Deleted all domain user profiles from machine Removed PC from domain and rejoined Deleted user account from Active Directory and recreated Verified GPO was not configured to quot allow users to logon with temporary profiles quot SFC scannow Fresh install of Windows Pro Live Essentials nbsp was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. never nbsp installed some forums referred to the sqm file fron event ID possible relating to an issue with Live Essentials Google update was never installed nbsp remember seeing it referred to in a forum as well nbsp I am now out of ideas nbsp This has been an ongoing issue for about a month and I am finally admitting defeat nbsp This is my last effort to get help before breaking down and paying the to Microsoft to help resolve it PLEASE HELP Thanks Phillip

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Phillip,

I would like to verify whether the issue only occurs on special Windows 7 computer or on all Windows 7 computers.

I suggest checking the permission of the user profile folders and Default folder. Make sure the users has full control of their profile folders.

Meanwhile, ensure the users are the owner of the C:\Users\theirname\NTUSER.dat. Also, please put NTUSER.dat in the security software exclusion
list for testing.

Please also post in Server Forum to get more assistance.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/threads

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd6f6995-a683-49de-af35-329a09b4a6f1/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell laptop that has Windows Vista. Received the below message after I typed in my password for the adminstrator account

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I went into Safe Mode and was able to get to the desktop of the laptop. I attempted to go to administrative tools to try and add a new user account but I don't see an option for that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nancy

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Here is the Microsoft support article for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139197/
Relevancy 66.22%

I would like to create a new user and migrate all data settings etc from an existing user to the new user on the same computer Reason is some conflicting names between some computers on the same network and a Windows Home Server I tried changing the name of the user but that doens t change the name of the profile That created some confusion with Remote Desktop Seems that even though I changed the user name I had to log on via Remote Desktop using the old user name I ve read about a method of creating profile Premium to migrate to profile? Vista new How old Home user user the new user logging on then off logging on as the old user and just copying all the files How to migrate old user profile to new user profile? Vista Home Premium from one user to the other after turning on show system and hidden files etc That doesn t migrate any settings I wouldn t think only files And another problem is there isn t enough hdd space to copy the profile not sure what to do other than get a larger hdd which I could do if totally needed I looked at the USMT a little but it looked like a lot of work for what I was doing I ve also seen a step method by Joshua Mouch which still involved copying the files Is there a way to just change the user name and then change the profile name that coincided with that user That way no files are copied or moved just changing the How to migrate old user profile to new user profile? Vista Home Premium profile name associated with that user edit I just found this does How to migrate old user profile to new user profile? Vista Home Premium this really work That s all I want to do change the user name and have that profile name match the user name Delete or rename the profile folder under the users profile folder location locate the key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList and remove the subkey that contains the reference to the profile in question reboot and login as the user this will create a new profile instance Thanks Monte nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-migrate-old-user-profile-to-new-user-profile-vista-home-premium.137256/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey Guys so this happened to my laptop the other day and I have only got round to fixing it now, I tried a few options like editing the .bak files etc with no luck so I recovered what I could and just deleted the user profile an that seemed to of fixed the issue.

I was just wondering if their is anyway to delete the data off the old user user profile without having to format the hard drive. As its still taking up space on my hard drive even though the profile is deleted.

Many thanks in advance

Damian

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello Damian, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Since you have already deleted the user account through the Control Panel, you should be able to just delete C:\Users\(user-name) folder for the old user account while logged in the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293696-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey all 

Long time user of bleeping computer - gonna jump on in and join the fun and games!

Anyway I work in a small local computer repair shop and recently we had LOADS of Vista and Windows 7 machines with the error

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

We can repair the fault changing the profile from temporary profile path and swapped the .bak extension in registry. 

But what the hell is causing it? We have had two machine back in within two weeks of initial repair. We figured windows update at first but its not a given. 

cheers!

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Have you read this Microsoft Support article?

There are similar articles for Vista and XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511054/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 66.22%

lately when i try to turn on the Guest user ( its my first time to turn on it)
then when i try to log on using guest i encounter a error message?
the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded , i already try to make another user but the message or error is still appearing ,

but my main user is working im just worried about this and i already try some solution here but its not working

im using Windows 7 , thank you in advance !

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello John,

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you. User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
If not, then I'd recommend to turn off the Guest account, delete any 501 key below found for the C:\Users\Guest account at the same registry location in the tutorial above, delete the C:\Users\Guest folder, and restart the computer. This will give you a fresh start with the Guest account as if you never turned it on.

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501

or

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501.bak

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223305-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

On my daughters W7 x86 PC the above message is happening when she tries to logon, the PC was set up with two users, I do noyt know if the other user can logon as she is away and we do not know the password.

What can I do to fix this error, all the fixes I can find require the user to logon, which is not happening.

Any ideas on how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help with fixing this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top will help to get logged into an administrator account to be able to do the rest of the tutorial. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310351-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 66.22%

windows 7 will not let me log on to my administrator account.  this is my son"s computer. could he have downloaded something that is causing this?  how do i fix it? thanks!

A:the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded

i was able to resolve the problem.  system restore in safe moce,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506576/the-user-profile-service-failed-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've searched for about a week now and have not found a solution. I followed the suggestions about the corrupt Profile and the .BAK SID, but neither are my situation.

My SID is fine - I did manage to find a temporary fix. If I delete and recreate the user in Active Directory on the server it fixes the problem. The problem is, I have 300 computers and every morning there are at least 10 - 15 users I must do this to. Not an ideal solution.

We bypassed Vista, so we had no idea that this Microsoft bug existed until last week.

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

Check this article from Microsoft run the Fixit and see if that help Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile&#58; &#34;The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded&#34;

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103765-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i encounter this problem when i try to login my account which is under a domain User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Will the OU in ad will affected this problem Firstly this machine hostname have the cannot loaded service be logon profile User User profile failed not move to Finance OU But i can login my own account my account has move to Finance OU I try my colleague login User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded id as well His user account was also in the Finance OU but he cannot login he get the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded This is cause by OU or is it the windows issue User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded i have try to rejoin the domain same problem This is a new machine so i believe the registry fix on the profile list does not help at all i User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded try to copy the default folder under user to my usb and then transfer to the new pc same problem as well anyone have any solution to it

A:User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded

You'd need to ask your IT Adminstrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351792-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, at windows start i get the message "The User Profile Service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded". There was no known activity last time system was up and running and it was shut down normal.

The desctop(HP) was delivered some years ago with V7 installed, ONE personal userID with admin auth. was created. Then a System repair disc was created.

What is the safest and simplest way(if any) to fix this problem and maintain the user data?(I did see support strings about this problem but they seem very complicated and confusing to me)

1. Shoud I restart system some functional key to get into safe mode or use the System repair disc and then what option?

2. Should I then logon to the default accountID(not known to me), and restore system to older backup point or shoud I try to repair the personal UserId?

Please advice

Hej Stene, v?lkommen till Seven Forums .

See this tutorial for fix: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334619-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to that name Only the administrator account is accessible All new accounts createdwill give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account s folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable Profile logon. The the failed loaded cannot User profile be Service User to copy files from my main account to the new account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I ve been following these instructions from Microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded http support microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded com kb I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList It seems that there isn t even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts

Back to the beginning...what steps did you actually take...to create a new profile?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425494/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Most likely it is loading a temporary profile.

First try a system restore to see if can recover the user profile.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If system restore fails to load while in windows or you get errors, try it from the recovery environment http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html
Here is another solution to try if SR fails to work for you, it shows you how to create a new user account, then log into the new account and copy your old profile over to the new account. This article is for XP but the process is the same for Vista. See "Moving to a new user profile"

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.856413/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Recently i have had a few users in our domain unable to logon due to this error To fix the issue nbsp i have been deleting their local profile and then logging back on so they pick up the mandatory profile stored on the server and everything then works fine Server is running server r and workstations are running windows pro nbsp I have just noticed the below error in the event logs on a few of the affected machines Windows cannot copy file C Users lnyberg AppData Local Temp jds tmp to location UNC CM-DC NOCSC Profiles StaffNew V AppData Local Temp jds tmp This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights Profile logon. loaded. Service User profile be User failed the cannot The nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied Is this what could be nbsp causing nbsp the issue with nbsp logging nbsp on I am a bit confused as to why it would be trying to copy a temp file back to the mandatory profile The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. on the server Any ideas would be great Thanks Shane

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/327332a7-1c13-4cae-ae8b-3a48088d621b/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently tried working with my Sony VAIO Desktop I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and ever since I did this I have had a few problems keyboard would disable after the W OS Loaded etc I have been working to remedy this problem and others by Profile Profile loaded the failed be Cannot User Logon- User Service cleaning up the hard drive registry memory etc using AVG Antivirus which I recently installed and its family of products updating drivers to Video Controller and Storage Controller which AVG User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded alerted I needed to update in Device Manager I attempted to update the drivers to the two controllers mentioned above and as windows started to search the internet for solutions after - hours I did not get a response and my screen OS became unresponsive so I had to do a cold boot powered off for cycles - standard I rebooted my system this morning to find that once I logged on User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded I got - quot User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded quot press Ok and it sent me back to the Windows SP logon screen again looping Please provide any knowledge on what to do to remedy this issue Thanks in advance User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded Daveq

A:User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello Daveq, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below should be able to help with this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379244-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to be User The Service the failed Profile cannot profile loaded User logon. that name Only the main account is accessible All new accounts I create with my account will give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account's folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable to copy files from my main account to the new but inaccessible account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I've been following The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded these instructions from Microsoft Error message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Apparently there should be two folders with S- - that is followed by a long set of numbers but there is only one It seems that there isn't even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts So that method to resolve this problem doesn't work for me I am running Windows Vista

Did you try the other 2 methods from that webpage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-609185.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have windows xpsp and have had a program installed on my toshiba notebook since december and have been updating the version regularly as the notices pop-up I am the registered owner of the program There has been no problem until July user d/l program of profile and update vers prob what I normally do is d l the installer click on it and install the update and Reboot However this has not worked I have tried it in Safe Mode networking in order that I can d l the set up of the update and that too did not work I should say that I did a Reg clean before doing a couple of repeat attempts Yesterday I finally went to my software tech and he checked it out for malware I have never had an infection and I do my updates and scans daily however one never knows and user profile and prob d/l update vers of program so he checked it over No malware he did other checking and found an indication by my user name and password that they were not being recognized I was watching as he went thru the checking I could not understand that as I have been logging in and out since this problem arose with no issues at all just this program update He decided to type himself in as a User with a password and then try to d l from the Setup file that I had on my desktop which I downloaded at home since I knew I was the registered owner and that he would not be able to d l it He was successful and then immediately tried to d l it under my username and password and it still would not work I am the Administrator and owner in User Accounts I don t understand what could corrupt my User Profile and how can I prevent this from happening again I have a Bios password and login password for work although it is my own personal notebook Does anyone have any idea about this problem The computer is still with the tech as he said he has to fix my corrupt profile I just did an update of this same version on this notebook and there was no issue So I am trying to understand why it would not work on my other notebook I have not added new programs on either of these notebooks since July One does not take the update version and is supposed to have a corrupted User Profile and my other taes the update version with no problem I am confused with this tech jargon and how the notebook User profile is corrupted and yet I was able to use it and print from it and everthing had my user name on it that was printed I hope someone can help thankyou for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-and-prob-d-l-update-vers-of-program.613145/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

A:User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 64.93%

I need to add another standard user. I have one admin account and one standard user.

After adding the second standard account name and password on Control Panel
I get the confirmation that the new user can now sign in.

However,I get this famous message that the profile service cannot open.

I looked into C:users and find
Default.migrated
Public
Administrator
First standard user

But not the newly created user account. Nor can I find it in the Registry ProfileService.

Why does Window lye to me saying the new user account is available but it did not create it?

A:Added user account Windows does not create user profile

Did you sign out of your account and then try to sign in to the new one?
The new user folder won't be created until you sign in and set up the account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41690-added-user-account-windows-does-not-create-user-profile.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I allowed the latest Microsoft Update to install at normal close down last night and this morning I am getting the
message "The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded." This then loops back to my start up screen, but clicking on my User icon produces the same Fail message!
I can force a Safe Mode start up but find that System Restore is not active.
Can anyone help with a work around please?

A:Latest Critical Update seems to have corrupted User Profile Service

Hello Peter,

The method in the tutorial below may be able to help you get this sorted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376191-latest-critical-update-seems-have-corrupted-user-profile-service.html
Relevancy 64.5%

First time poster but I think I've done my homework on this issue This issue has similar symptoms to a problem with vista http www vistax com tutorials -user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded htmlHowever it is longer data at any User Service creating log Profile username failed service other on: Apparently than profile W7 picture. and is no W7: user definitely not the same issue see further Current Config HP dv - W RC x Last update up to date as of installed succesfully and should be unrelated to this issue not verified yet by a pre-update W7: User Profile Service service failed at log on: Apparently W7 is no longer creating any user profile data other than username and picture. restore Running with Admin account while diagnosing troubleshooting Currently have two working accounts one standard one admin Symptom New user accounts cannot be logged into On an attempted login to the new account the following information is displayed on the login screen quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Windows then logs off the operator and returns to the initial user selection screen All other aspects of use are normal Current Diagnostics First attempts to resolve this problem were to recreate the new account This was attempted when logged in as both Standard and Admin This was also attempted under safe mode This has been attempted with virus protection disabled All to no difference in the symptom The similarity to the Vista issue linked above caused me to check the registry entry under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList for the new profile as suggested by that link Unlike that issue there simply is no entry for the new user Examination of the new log entries from creation of account to attempted log in provides the following entries Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt Profiles gt failed a notification event Information PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon None The winlogon notification subscriber lt Sens gt failed a notification event Error PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service None quot Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning correctly DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed quot Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles General None quot Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm to location C Users TEMP AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied quot Error PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service None Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles General None quot Windows cannot copy file C Users Default AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm to location C Users New Username AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live SqmApi SqmData sqm This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied quot Naturally I started with the earliest error first and decided to look to see what is going on The file that is trying to be copied is there but the destination folder does not exist As near as I can tell whatever process the User Profiles General Service is trying to perform the copy does not have sufficient access to perform the operatio... Read more

A:W7: User Profile Service service failed at log on: Apparently W7 is no longer creating any user profile data other than username and picture.

It could be this version  error "User profile service..." http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/rob/index.cfm/2009/1/5/Fix-for-Vistas-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon-User-profile-cannot-be-loaded
Great find Flav!While I didn't resolve or have the exact issue 'Brooks-bilson's had, one of the comments on this blog entry (http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/rob/index.cfm/2009/1/5/Fix-for-Vistas-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon-User-profile-cannot-be-loaded#c42AB7AE6-0B26-9AF4-6DB3C7B226C688B4) did have a comment that worked.First I renamed the file "\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\SqmApi\SqmData720896_00.sqm" to \Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\SqmApi\SqmData720896_00.sqm.bakInterestingly, this failed (bolded to help skimming folks).  However, actually moving the file out of the directory (effectively deleting it) did work.  This file was definately related to the problem, but exactly why W7 wasn't able to copy this (such as insufficient permissions or too long name error) is still unresolved.A little bit of information about the process Vista (and presumedly W7) goes through is well laid out in the referenced blog, and I recommend it for education.Unless it pops up again, I'm considering this issue closed and won't be monitoring it.  I hope everyone dealing with this W7 issue finds this helpful.Thanks again, Flav, for the find.D

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb56130c-40f6-4bd8-a833-0a1b0891e5af/w7-user-profile-service-service-failed-at-log-on-apparently-w7-is-no-longer-creating-any-user?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.5%

The user profile service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded in Windows 10.

I created a local account in Windows 10 and when I login I get that error. My laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 and was not upgraded.

There is no folder being created for the User and no registry data either.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58065-user-profile-service-failed-sign-user-profile-cannot-loa.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Its my friends comp im trying to fix it 4 him but im stuck

A:the user profile service failed user profile cannot be loaded

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html

fixed it using this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358527/the-user-profile-service-failed-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello
we had a windows server 2008 Domain network.
now we have deployed a brand new windows server 2012 R2 forest.
so we must disjoin client computers from previous domain and join them to this new domain.
when users of this new domain login to their computers, new profile folder is created for them (e.g. c:\users\u1.newdomain.lab, but this folder definitely doesn't contain their previous profile folder contents (desktop, documents, App data....)
what is the best solution to migrate user profiles from each previous user to related new user without any problem ?
i tried copying the entire profile folder of each user & replace it on the profile folder new user, but some problem arises, when this new user tries to login using this replaced profile folder.
i am not sure is it right forum to ask user profile related question?
thanks in advanced

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3bcd33cb-019c-49e9-8664-610a0f7437cc/replacing-previous-user-profile-on-new-user-profile-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I have a problem with my windowsc profile When I enter my password I get I message saying The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded I have Google how to fix it and the fix seems to be boot into safe mode by pressing f or f but I have tried this and I don't get any menu it just loads to the windows Logon screen So I can't seem to load safe mode is there anything can User not The profile user logon help!! profile the failed be loade else I can try I do still have my windows disk used to install windows onto the PC from around months ago If that can be of any help I still have a lot of data on the PC that is help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade not backed up so I don't want to wipe the internal HDD Is there any way I can copy my files to my external HDD as I really don't want to Lose them My PC is an Acer xc- thank you

A:help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade

Hello Blade, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may be able to help you sort this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376342-help-user-profile-failed-logon-user-profile-can-not-loade.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I can't log into my Dell.  I only have one user account, jmanzi.  When I ener password and click enter, I get an error saying

"The user profile service serice failed the logon.  User Profile cannot be loaded."
I tried logging into safe mode, but I don't know how to get the safe mode menu.  My dell is running Windows Vista 64 HOME edition. 
Please help
Thanks

A:"The User Profile Service service failed the login, User Profile cannot be loaded

Hi JManzi,
Please run the diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.
You may also refer to the video on the link http://dell.to/1hrt2P4  for more information.

You may refer to the link http://dell.to/1bV0cp4 for steps on how to navigate to safe mode in windows vista.
Once you are logged on to safe mode, log on to the administrator account. Please perform the steps given on this link http://dell.to/1eIaCdi.
Hope this helps!
Keep me posted with the results. I’ll be glad to assist.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19529240
Relevancy 61.92%

when i switch on the lenovo laptop win 7 the user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded what to do how to solv the problem ican,t login to laptop

A:user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded

I receive error message: The user profile service failed the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-canot-be-loaded-572201.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The thread title is a problem that I've been having while trying to create a new profile for work on my laptop. This is the error message that happens every time I try to log into this profile. All the help I've been able to find online has involved old profiles having this error, but I'm only getting this error with newly created profiles. The regedit solution that the windows site gives doesn't work because my computer isn't creating a path in the registry to that user account apparently, and I honestly have no idea how to fix this.

A:"user profile cannot be loaded user profile service failed the logon"

Hello iluvme4never, welcome to Seven Forums!

Start by having a look at this tutorial at the link below.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163761-user-profile-cannot-loaded-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so I have a Win 7 installation where the main account is ok but every existing account and even new accounts have this limitation:

The context menu is messed up, when you right click, you cannot create a new folder etc. it is greyed out.

You cannot pin anything to to the taskbar. The option is there but clicking it, does nothing.

I tried creating new accounts as I figured the existing accounts were corrupted but the same problems happens. This occurs regardless of whether the account is an administrator or standard user.

Aside from those two issues, the profiles seem to behave normally.

Also, I don't think the existing accounts were used beforehand as they were set up due to file sharing as they were set up to share with other users on different PCs. Therefore, not sure how long this problem has existed as I just noticed.

Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem.1153540/
Relevancy 61.92%

i am having problem with windows 7 user profile.
i hav made 2 profiles, main one works fine but when i log in to 2nd account then i wont load. instead a temporary profile gets loaded everytime.

i am using windows 7 home basic 64 bit OEM
i need a solution for this asap. thanks in advance

A:user profile problem

Hello Rajbirm and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help you. It's good for Windows 7 as well.

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/87972-user-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Here is my situation:
I installed TweakUI to see what it had to offer but I ended up uninstalling it. I'm not sure what I did but I changed something because the next time I boot up, my user profile is gone. I can still see the folder in C:\documents and settings, but I don't get an option to log in/modify this profile. Is there anything I can do to reapply the settings from this profile? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-re-user-profile-problem.697984/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've never heard of anything like this happenning before. I just created some XP User Profiles for the other members of my family. I set them all to Limited access. My sister was complaining that she wasn't able to search google. I thought she must have been doing something wrong. I tried too, and when you press enter or click "Google Search", nothing happens. Not even the little click noise.

I tested around a bit, and found that the same problem happens on amazon. You can search, but when you try to click on any of the links, nothing happens. All was fine in Mozilla, though. Telling the rest of my family to use Mozilla won't work. That's not a possability. I even tried searching via the google toolbar, and that won't even work.

The most odd thing about this is that in the origional account, everything works fine. I tried changing the privelages of one of the accounts to "Administrator", but the problem is still present. I don't have a clue why this could be happenning.

Any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-user-profile-problem.198003/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have tried to remove the previous owners information from my computer but when i go to user profile i get the previous owners name. EX. "LOGAN\Mike". I am trying to connect this computer to my home network but I am unable. LOGAN is the name I gave this computer and I guess Mike is the previous owners name. Why is Mike tagged to the new name of the computer?

All accounts on the computer are tied to the server.

If you want to delete the original owner of the computer then head to User Accounts in Control Panel delete the account, but before you do make sure you have another account created with administrative rights.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359379/user-profile-problem/
Relevancy 61.92%

Working on a Gateway laptop that had "The user profile service failed to login". after trying several things I ended up deleting the profile which was the administrator account. I created a new user account but I can't view the original user account files. I would like to access the pictures to backup and then do a clean install "if i can find a vista home premium" CD.
Any help would be appreciated.

I have pulled the hard drive and put it in a docking station but I still can't access the pictures in the deleted admin. account.

A:User profile problem

Hi, well only an administrator can create a new user account so if you deleted the admin account how did you create a new user account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem.1127936/
Relevancy 61.92%

i cannot log on my dell as an admin. the guest user profile works but i get a "user profile service failed to log on" message anytime i try to log on as an admin. help needed urgently. thank you.

Have you tried safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-problem-632561.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a picture that I want to delete. I have checked the delete image and saved. Also uploaded a new gif but still no joy. Im just curious as to why I cant either delete or upload new. Anybody got an idea?

Ken

A:User Profile Pic Problem

Try a refresh of the page or turn your browser off, and then back on, and see does it help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12535-user-profile-pic-problem.html
Relevancy 61.92%
Relevancy 61.92%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi please help me out,The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded aspire 5740

A:The user profile failed the logon User profile can...

have you signed in with a microsoft account? is so, try changing your profile icon on http://microsotft.com

If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!-PMiner

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/The-user-profile-failed-the-logon-User-profile-can-not-be-loaded/td-p/460169
Relevancy 61.92%
Relevancy 61.06%

This is my work computer and we have to input a name and password to log in. When I logged in the other day, everything was gone from my desktop and it had the default wallpaper. It was fine the day before. Is there a way to undo this?

I can locate my files and everything. The problem is, the software I use for work is gone. It's like it's not installed.

I wanted to do a system restore, but it says I don't have permission and nobody here seems to know what to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-logging-in-to-user-profile.1157464/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm having trouble logging into the user profile on my PC I have only one profile I get the following message quot Windows login XP User profile problem cannot load the locally stored profile Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile If this problem persists contact your network administrator DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation quot A sec countdown and then this appears quot Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off quot Another seconds and I then get the saving your settings message and the Windows log-off shutdown music plays and it goes back to the profile screen I have tried starting up in safe mode but again it gets to the profile screen and i get the same messages I therefore tried the administrator profile in safe mode and it kind of flashes onto a black screen with the safe mode text top and bottom but then back to the profile page as though it logs in User profile XP login problem and logs out straight away In addition to this User profile XP login problem it's running incredibly slowly even to get to the safe mode user profile screen Any ideas what i can do I don't have much experience of playing about with BIOS so would need some fairly detailed pointers Also is there a way of checking if files have been wiped off the HD because if all else fails i could borrow an external USB case and transfer and format Many thanks T farg ne

A:User profile XP login problem

forget the bios
try tapping f8 when you are booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-profile-xp-login-problem-125719.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My in-law's laptop gives the error "the User Profile Service service failed the logon --- User Profile cannot be loaded" when they try to startup.

The solution for this error on other threads appears to assume that you can gain access to the machine in other ways to gain access to the registry to correct the issue.

I cannot find a way in to circumvent the problem, historically access in safe mode would do this but that is not an option from F12 or F2 on start up on this machine that I can find. It is a Dell Studio running Windows Vista Home Premium.

All I get on start up is the user logon screen from where input of the correct password gives me the error. I seem to have no way round it.

Any thoughts from anyone that might help? Must be something obvious but it is new to me.

Thanks for any ideas

A:The user profile service problem?

Try to access Safe Mode by repeatedly clicking the F8 button during bootup until the menu appears and then choose Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.

Then see if the following helps resolve the problem: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded..

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283603-user-profile-service-problem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Whenever I try and log into my account, it takes a while to go through and when it does, there's an error in loading my user profile and it creates a temporary profile. I even tried to create another profile, but I got the same results when I tried to log onto that one.

A:Problem Uploading User Profile

I'd suspect that the old profile is corrupt. Create a new profile, copy your documents over and then delete the old one to see if this will fix the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99383/problem-uploading-user-profile/
Relevancy 61.06%

This Firefox User Profile box keeps coming up!!! Sometimes as often as 3 times a week!!! And sometimes as often as 2 times a day!!!I right click on the Taskbar & select Task Manager. I then click the process at the top of the screen. I then click firefox.exe. I then click on End Process. When the next box comes up I click Yes.When firefox comes up again the problem is supposed to be solved but many times it is NOT!!!Can anyone tell me how I can prevent this annoying problem from happening over and over again.

A:Firefox User Profile Problem

Have you tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of Firefox.Note: You will have to go back and redo all of your personal settings (Options), as deleting the Profile folder will erase everything Firefox related.You will be starting with a clean slate.To completely uninstall Firefox, you will need to delete your Profile folder.This file is not removed when you uninstall Firefox from Add/Remove. It will retain all of your previous settings, and re-apply them to your new install, if it's not deleted.That's why, when you install a new version of Firefox, your previous settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc., all remain the same.For a Fresh (start from scratch) install, this folder has to be removed.You might want to make a copy of the Bookmark.html file, before you uninstall, and save it to somewhere you'll be able to find it.This is where all of your Bookmarks are stored.Set windows to show hidden files,How to see hidden files in Windows Then navigate to:C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ default.random characters \ Bookmark.htmlAnd make a copy of the Bookmark.html fileThen you can replace, the new one created, with the old one, you copied.After you install Firefox, delete Bookmark.html, and replace it with your saved copy of Bookmark.html.Restart Firefox.That way, you'll have all of your Bookmarks back.Now for the uninstall.Uninstall your current version of Firefox from Add/Remove programs.Then navigate to:C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ ProfilesDelete the Profiles folder (or send it to the Recycle Bin as a backup).Then navigate to:C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox, and delete that folder.Download a fresh copy of Firefox, then reinstall.Don't forget to replace your Bookmark.html file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58362/firefox-user-profile-problem/
Relevancy 61.06%

quot Internet Explorer Error quot Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page As a result the page may not display correctly This happens when a specific user logs in This user has administrative rights And this happens when he tries to open any of windows folders or applets My Computer Recycle Bin Control Panel and the likes not while on the web or while using IE also it does not happens if same user logs in safe mode Example if I double click my computer I will get above message and a blank page the status bar will say objects and nothing is displayed I can run problem only Activex user one on profile or start third patty software from the desktops shortcuts or programs under start If I try to use windows explorer I get same message but I m able to expand folder on left pane Activex problem only on one user profile but not actually view the contents on the right Same message for Recycle and Control Panel similar display the contents on the left with a up and down bar on the right This only happens on one of four users that login to this Activex problem only on one user profile computer All four users have administrative rights Thanks for your responce in advance

A:Activex problem only on one user profile

Hello lanra. Sounds like an ActiveX problem. You can try having that particular user go to the Internet Explorer options and reset them to the defaults. In IE click Tools then Options. On the Advanced tab click the Restore Defaults button. Reboot the machine and try it.If that doesn't work you might want to post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis forum.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12196/activex-problem-only-on-one-user-profile/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I Profile problem User Service turned on my other laptop Sony VGNAR E yesterday a message came up on the screen that a Windows Update was in progress and I should not shut down I did nothing at all to User Profile Service problem the computer--just watched while the download progressed When the download finished and the computer restarted a screen that was not quot mine quot appeared with a minimum number of icons on a black background and just a few icons on the task bar Wanting to use User Profile Service problem one of my programs I decided to reboot to see if my personal preferences would load When I restarted a screen appeared wth the Windows Ultimate background and this message quot The User Profile Services service failed the logon User Profile Service problem User profile cannot be loaded quot Below that was an quot Okay quot button When I click on the OKAY button the background remains the same but in the center is my quot Pat quot avatar and in the lower right hand corner there is a Shut Down icon Now when I shut down and or restart the word quot Welcome quot flashes on the screen very briefly but is immediately replaced by the message about the User Profile Services failure I have tried many times to restart but have never again seen the quot black quot screen or anything else Unfortunately I have failed to back up my files Is there any way I can fix this problem Incidentally I doubt that it matters but that computer originally had the Vista OS but two or three years ago my son-in-law replaced it with Windows I've gotten several Windows updates but never had any problems until now I sure hope you can help me Thanks for your attention

A:User Profile Service problem

Hello Pat, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could do a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened to hopefully fix this for you.

If that is not an available option for you, then the tutorial below may be able to help with this error. Be sure to read all of it for all available options and steps.User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254677-user-profile-service-problem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I have a problem with adding a profile on a computer. I get a message that says "cannot locate roaming profile" but the thing is, it's not a roaming profile. When I set up a laptop, I add the computer on the domain and then add the user on the computer which is already added on the domain. How can I get this message to stop using the temp profile?

I have tried waiting 30 seconds after the windows screen and logging in, and i have tried deleted the profiles off the registry. I have also took the computer off the domain and added it back on. still no luck. This profile is working because he uses it currently on another machine. And you can have the same profile logged on at the same time in two different places.

How can I get rid of this message and stop using the temp profile?

Thanks
~kbennett

A:problem with adding user profile

Have you checked the user Profiles Share Permission to see if Full Control is being given to all users?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-adding-user-profile-168537.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.63%

I looked thru the posts and it looks like others have experienced a similar problem Basicly I have received this error message when logging onto a computer - Event ID Windows cannot load user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system Now a default profile has been loaded and I cannot access any of the files associated with this login I checked the Event log below are the two things I found NT Autority system Event ID Userenv Windows cannot load user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system Detail Account currently disabled AND this one Cat Firing Agent Event ID Description The com Event System Failed to create an instance of subcriber DF - EE- - - C FD Cocreated Instance EX Returned HResult A I should mention that we are on a network but that the user s profile is stored locally Any ideas on how or if I can recover the original settings Thanks for the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/completely-confused-by-user-profile-problem.394633/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi There,

I currently have a user that is having some problems with their user profile on Vista. Any time he shut's down and then re-starts the next morning for the first time his network drives are not mapped, but when he log's off and back on the network drives are there. The other thing is when he tries to log off when the network drives do not load he normally has to do a hard shut down because its like his profile is trying to sync back to the server but cant reach it. Everything else in his profile is ok its just the network drives.

Can anyone help with this? Any help will be much appreshiated.

Thanks in advance!

A:User profile problem over network on Vista

Shameful bump!! :S

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-problem-over-network-on-vista.871762/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have xpsp and have been having an issue since this past july i have a program that i purchased december which i regularly update the version by a d l overtop basically i d l the setup and save it in a folder and then d/l prog and vers??? user problem profile new i install and Reboot and there is a request to re-register i have been motoring along fine until july then i went user profile and problem d/l new prog vers??? to d l the new version and it would not install i emailed the company and was advised that there was no change in procedure I continued on with my daily checking for security updates and doing my scans No malware showed up i called my software tech and he suggested to try the install in Safe mode networking so that I could d l the setup for the new version i did that and all of the above that i normally do in the regular setups that have never been problematic it still would not install I took the notebook into him yesterday i am using my other one right now and he checked it out for malware and none existed He then did some other checks and found some comments around my user name and password He decided to install his user name and a password and try the d l and it worked So he immediately tried a d l with my user name and password and it again would not work He checked my folder and there was information in there and I am the Owner Administrator and have been for the years that I have owned the toshiba satellite and had no issues Since July I have been logging in and out without issue The only problem I have had is the d l of this updated program version The Tech said that my User Profile is Corrupt How does that happpen and what can I do to prevent it My notebook has never been infected as we have tight security at the office and the same at home with a Router and Alpha Shield and as well my other security programs that I update and scan with I have added no new programs and then this problem occurs I really would appreciate any information re this issue and i should mention that I have a Bios Password and of course a Log In password Could someone have tried to access my notebook Again thankyou for your time

A:user profile and problem d/l new prog vers???

you could test the user profile by installing the software on another profile on the laptop, what software app is it ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-profile-and-problem-d-l-new-prog-vers-176176.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows professional bit OS Dell Vostro Gb of memory While troubleshooting an issue with Firefox I gave up and decided to remove the Windows user profile and recreate it After deleting it the user profile and then attempting to log back in I noticed that the account was set up as quot TEMP quot Any documents or changes saved to the account profile were lost upon reboot I added the account manually via User management and re-logged in to no avail Any ideas on how to get Windows to create the user profile so as not to be a temp account Edit So I have tried these steps and this did not work either This problem occurs if the current user's profile was accidentally deleted from the system Note This section method or problem user creating and Deleting profile task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry However serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly Therefore make sure that you follow these steps Deleting and creating user profile problem carefully For added protection back up the registry before you modify it Then you can restore the registry if a problem Deleting and creating user profile problem occurs For more information about how to back up and restore the registry Log on to the system by using an administrative user account other than the user account that is experiencing the problem Back up all data in the current user's profile folder if the profile folder still exists and then delete the profile folder By default the profile resides in the following location SystemDrive Users UserName Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTER If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation type your password or click Continue Locate the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Under the ProfileList subkey delete the subkey that is named SID bak Note SID is a placeholder for the security identifier SID of the user account that is experiencing the problem The SID bak subkey should contain a ProfileImagePath registry entry that points to the original profile folder of the user account that is experiencing the problem Exit Registry Editor Log off the system Log on to the system again Here is an article http support microsoft com default aspx kb

A:Deleting and creating user profile problem

Hello Cerveza,

You might see if this may be able to help.

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/193761-deleting-creating-user-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Can you help me I tried to copy a profile to another folder by vbscript but folder Documents not Profile Script problem VBS with User Copy copy Copy User Profile with VBS Script problem complete Why I now this forum not write or speak language vbscript but i search google etc etc and not have solution for this problem My code Vbscript vbs Code dim wshell strusername filesys Const OverwriteExisting TRUE Set WshShell CreateObject quot WScript Shell quot Set WshEnv WshShell Environment quot Copy User Profile with VBS Script problem SYSTEM quot Set filesys CreateObject quot Scripting FileSystemObject quot StrUsername wshShell ExpandEnvironmentStrings quot username quot msgbox strUsername Call BackupC Sub BackupC If filesys FolderExists quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot Then If msgbox quot There is already a folder called C Dados Copy User Profile with VBS Script problem quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Do you want to proceed quot quot Image Customization quot Then Exit Sub Else filesys DeleteFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot TRUE filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot End If Else filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot End If If filesys FolderExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername Then ' DESKTOP If filesys FolderExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot Desktop quot Then filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Desktop quot filesys CopyFolder quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot Desktop quot quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Desktop quot TRUE End If ' QUICK LAUNCH If filesys FolderExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch quot Then filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot QuickLinks quot filesys CopyFolder quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch quot quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot QuickLinks quot TRUE End If ' FAVORITES If filesys FolderExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot Favorites quot Then filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Favorites quot filesys CopyFolder quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot Favorites quot quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Favorites quot TRUE End If ' SIGNATURES If filesys FolderExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Signatures quot Then filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Signatures quot filesys CopyFolder quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Signatures quot quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Signatures quot TRUE End If ' CRIA APENAS O FOLDER TEMPLATES filesys CreateFolder quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Templates quot ' COPIA O FICHEIRO PERSONAL PARA O FOLDER TEMPLATES If filesys FileExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Excel XLSTART Personal xls quot Then filesys CopyFile quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Excel XLSTART Personal xls quot quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Templates quot TRUE End If ' COPIA O FICHEIRO NORMAL DOT PARA O FOLDER TEMPLATES If filesys FileExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Templates Normal dotm quot Then filesys CopyFile quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Templates Normal dotm quot quot C Dados quot amp StrUsername amp quot quot amp quot Templates quot TRUE End If ' COPIA O FICHEIRO AUTOTEMP DOT PARA O FOLDER TEMPLATES If filesys FileExists quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppData Roaming Microsoft Templates AUTOTEMP DOT quot Then filesys CopyFile quot C Users quot amp StrUsername amp quot AppDat... Read more

A:Copy User Profile with VBS Script problem

Hi, rgaspar, and welcome to the forums.

It is possible you have system files in the documents folder that are not allowing a full copy to process - have you verified that you can manually copy the folder?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/173575-copy-user-profile-vbs-script-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My laptop been acting wierd and it goes to my log on user and i try to log on but it pops up a thing like this... The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded... I dont know what to do please help

A:Big Problem - User Profile cannot load error

Originally Posted by bretfarmer11

My laptop been acting wierd and it goes to my log on user and i try to log on but it pops up a thing like this... The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded... I dont know what to do please help

bretfarmer

Hi and welcome to vista64 forums. If you search for the user profile service you will see that there is another thread just like yours running as well. There is a soultion in that thread

Good Luck and let us know if you still need help

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244724-big-problem-user-profile-cannot-load-error.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I run a small business and we have recently been attempting to get all of our computers on to an active directory We are all running Vista Business and each of us had a previous user profile for our local machine The establishment of the new user profile on the active directory went smoothly Profile Problem User Business Vista but the problem popped up when we Vista Business User Profile Problem tried to copy our employees old user files and preferences to the new profile Most of the machines allowed us to copy the old profile on to the new one using System- gt Advanced System Settings- gt User Profiles Settings but on some machines the local profile cannot be seen from the networked one When these users log in using the local profiles they can see both profiles but the local one cannot be copied The Copy to button is grayed out We re a busy office and I really don t want my employees to have to copy all their files on to an external drive and reset their settings Does anyone know how what permissions I have to change to allow the local profile to be copied nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-business-user-profile-problem.602751/
Relevancy 60.63%

Im completely rubbish with computers.so would really appreciate some help.

I have a dell laptop which uses windows vista and everytime i try to log on to my account this message appaears.

"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Does anyone know how to fix this???

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hi,

It is possible to fix, however it is slightly tricky. If you have trouble completing any of the following steps feel free to ask for more info.

First, are you able to log in to another administrator account on the affected computer? OR are you able to log in to the affected account and create a new administrator account?

If not then ignore the rest of this post.

If so then follow these steps; at each step make sure you read and understand the entire step:

Go to Control Panel and search for Create a Restore point, open the link and click on the Create button down the bottom right of the window

Follow the instructions to create a restore point.

NOTE: This fix WILL delete EVERYTHING on your Desktop and in your Documents folders. Make sure you back the contents up:
Go to the Hard Drive on your computer that has the most free space and create a new folder called Backup.

Then go to C:\Users\yourname and copy everything into the Backup folder you just created. Check that you can access your documents from the backup folder successfully.

All backed up? Good, now you have to delete your old profile and create a new one:

1. Delete the profile by using the Computer Properties dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:a. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties (on the right hand side of the window).
b. Click Change settings.
c. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
d. Under User Profiles, click Settings.
e. In the User Profiles dialog box, select the profile that you want to delete, click Delete, and then click OK. 2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start search box, and then press ENTER.

3. Locate and then expand the following registry subkey (using the folder icons in the left toolpane): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

4. Right-click the SID that you want to remove (the one you want to remove is the longest one, eg: S-1-5-21-7623811015-3361044348-030300820-1013) and then click Delete. DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE SHORTER SID'S. If there are 2 long SID's then left-click on them and the value for ProfileImagePath in the right side of the window should tell you which SID has the user with the broken profile associated.

5. Log on to the computer and create a new profile.
THEN copy everything back from the Backup folder to C:\Users\New Profile Name

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-473450.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago and it has worked fine. But now whenever I try to enter my password to log in the message "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." comes up and pressing OK just takes me back to the log on screen. The profile is the SysAdmin and is the only profile on the computer.

Also, when I press F8 at start up there is no option for safe mode or anything - instead the window reads "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause..." and my only option is to launch startup repair (or start windows normally). Running this repair runs the system restore although after finishing the system restore the problem is still there.

Thanks, Quaidheizer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-449140.html
Relevancy 60.63%

quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Is the error message i get when i try to log in to either my admin user or the one other account on the computer As the problem is happening with both accounts i have no way to access the computer in order to fix the problem in the ways so many people have done I was reading something about a way to enable the quot Hidden Built-In Administrator Account quot via a control prompt which i might be able to use to log in and fix the service Service be logon. The loaded Profile User cannot the User failed profile problems im having but i dont know how to bring up a control prompt window without loging into one of the accounts which The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded i cannot log into Essentually im trying to find a way of gaining access to my computer again without wiping the files on it The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded it would be a pitty to lose all the information on the computer if i dont have to - so im hoping someone might be able to walk me through the fixing process i need to undertake if it is possible to solve these problems without wiping everything and starting from scratch on a blank computer Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant find anything on this specific issue most people seem to be able to log into at least one user still but i cannot use any of the users on my computer its driving me nuts having to borrow other peoples laptops etc in the meantime so again any help would be muchly appreciated Thanks

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello Yeti, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to fix this error. The STEP ONE section will help show you how to boot into the built-in Administrator account through Safe Mode.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293075-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm receiving the following error message and cannot get into my pc. Please help!!
User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

A:User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

is it the only login account u have in your pc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1115181/