Windows Support Forum

Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load"

Q: Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load"

Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load". My system=32 bit operating system which is Vista Ultimate.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load"

Hello sgibbins,
Try here, people have had some good results doing this. please post your results. Good luck.

JSI Tip 2805. Windows Update 'Cannot Display Page'?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231313-windows-update-wont-load-gets-error-page-failed-load.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Legitimate copy of Win Vista Ultimate SP1, all updates through last week ...

When I attempt to open Windows Update, I get an error message "The page
failed to load".

A google search found nothing but the suggestion to delete "System32", am I'm not going there!

Relevancy 111.29%

Vista Home Basic SP2. When I try to run Windows update all I get is a blank page that says "The page failed to load". I've looked all around and have found a lot of people with the same or a similar problem but no firm solutions. I haven't used it in maybe a week and it's worked fine up till now. There have been no real changes since I used it last. Does anyone have a clue?

A:Windows update "the page failed to load"

Originally Posted by drelectron

Does anyone have a clue?

Many possible explanations -wrong system settings,3p software,viruses...

Try advices from this link:You cannot install some updates or programs
reset IE Internet Explorer - Reset

Uninstall non-system firewall,antivirus,antispyware

Reset WU with "aggressive mode" How do I reset Windows Update components?

Viruses also cancause this.Because scanning on allive system is not credible because many viruses can hide before antivirus I suggest use LiveCD with antivirus for example this one Dr.Web LiveCD is a software product that features a standard, Dr.Web scanner ,burn boot it and scan.
If nothing help find WindowsUpdate.log file in C:\Windows pack it and attache to post.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/250974-windows-update-page-failed-load.html
Relevancy 102.61%

Win 7-64 on Gateway FX6860 i7 system 8gm ram tons of HD space.
========================
Got "Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display resolution.
This used to work, but no more ( don't know what might have caused it)

I ran "sfc /scannow". SFC reported that there were corrupted files that could not be repaired or replaced and to look at CBS.log. I did but can make no sense out of it.

Please find that file attached -- Any help will be appreciated.....

thank you,
Chuck

A:"Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display

Run the system file check again. Sometimes it requires multiple runs. Reboot after each run (or before the first run if you have not rebooted since the last time you ran the check).Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227054-page-failed-load-error-attempting-change-my-win7-64bit-display.html
Relevancy 94.24%

Hi

When I right click My Computer on Vista Start menu the page says "The page failed to load"

I enclose a screenshot of the error.

I was also get "the application has failed to start because WINBRAND.dll was not found" when running

SystemPropertiesAdvanced

From RUN

This has now been fixed by downloading WINBRAND.dll and copying it to c:\windows\system32

But "The page failed to load" still happens when right clicking My Computer and choosing properties.

I did a SFC / Scannow and something weird happened. The Command Window had an error (apologies - forgot to note which but will rerun in a moment) however the CBS Log File showed no errors and indicated SFC ran successfully.

I will post the results of SFC in a few moments

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 93.93%

Several days ago there was a large number of updates available to download. I allowed the system to update all of them. Three, KB974234, KB972581 and KB973709 it was shown on the update history page as failing to download.
Reading as to a possible solution, I tried to load them manually, saving those files to my desktop, right clicking on each, to run as an administrator. After each loaded I got a message telling me they were already installed on my system.
My question is why does the "failure" notice remain on my history page and how can I delete those three file entries?
Thanks much,
Lee

A:History page notes they "failed" to load

Simplest way to reset WU history is stop for the moment Windows Update service and remove C:\Windows\SoftwareDistibution folder...

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/257430-history-page-notes-they-failed-load.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Hi,
I am getting the error, "Symantec AntiVirus Auto-Protect failed to load.". Not sure what happened the reason for this. I see the Symantec Icon circled with red-cross in Systray. Looks like my Laptop is unsafe.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sid

A:Getting the Error - " Symantec AntiVirus Auto-Protect failed to load."

I would recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the Symantec software.Do you have the CD or was it preinstalled on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-the-error-symantec-antivirus-auto-protect-failed-to-load.660638/
Relevancy 88.66%

This error message pops upafter I log on to my Windows Xp laptop. What does it mean and how do I remove it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-window-apoint-exe-failed-to-load-dll.636550/
Relevancy 88.66%

I am getting the error "Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your Setup" This happens every time I try to access a Word document. I am using Word 2003 from the Small business pkg.

I searched on their site and there was a download for those who use the Outlook business contact manager also, which I do. I downloaded the file, when to install it and it says it is already there.

I am running Windows 2000, this just started today and my updates are up to date.

Any ideas? I can ignore the warning and work, if I click OK or the X, it shuts down Word.

Thanks!

A:"Failed to load resources....." error in word

Try the Detect and Repair option from the Help menu. You will need to insert your Office disc when asked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-load-resources-error-in-word.503364/
Relevancy 87.42%

HI,

I'm getting this stupid error when trying to view: Control Panel\System and Security\System

"The page failed to load"

Don't know if you need it but I added a HJT log...

Thanks!

Relevancy 83.7%

you've to load update? windows failed in page probably heard this before but everywhere I look forums only tell of how to fix or temporarily fix it What caused this problem in the first place also I keep hearing about this thing called windows blinds but everytime I type it in on google it just shows actual window blinds for houses in the results I think my pc may have registry problems If i fix those with the right software will everything be normal page failed to load in windows update? again sometimes when I play my games it also just shuts down unexpectedly telling me a prob caused it to close Don't mean to sound like a noob for this stuff but it kind of bugs me how you have to do so much research and be a tech genius in order to use windows right I mainly want to know about this stuff because I play crysis alot and it has taught me to fix and reconfigure things on my pc in order page failed to load in windows update? for it to run better and I'm happy about that but I don't really want to be a techie or pc enthusiast and have to go to computer school for years just so I can run my game perfectly its driving me nuts so any help on what I can do to solve this know its my fault for downloading freeware and things like that when I wasnt as knowledgeble but after this gets resolved I think I know enough about pc's now to prevent any future problems thanks guys

A:page failed to load in windows update?

If you really have message "The page failed to load" then I suspect it is caused by Windows Blinds or Stardock Colors or something another from Stardock if you have
Read all reports from here:The page failed to load, Vista Update

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/266088-page-failed-load-windows-update.html
Relevancy 83.7%

I m working on my mom s computer remotely via LogMeIn Home Windows > page load to The Update failed Premium SP A persistent problem is an inability to update the system due to the Windows Update giving me a quot The page failed to load quot error This happens after I click on the quot optional updates are available quot hyperlink in the Windows Update pane There are no critical updates An initial Google search returned the most common cause as being quot WindowBlinds quot by Stardock This program however is not installed on her computer verified by a search of programs in the quot All Programs quot links quot Program Files quot folder quot Uninstall or change a program quot and Windows Update > The page failed to load a search for quot stardock quot in the registry quot sfc scannow quot in administrative mode on the command line failed to return any errors I also went to Microsoft s relevant Knowledge Base article here and attempted to use the Fix It program to Windows Update > The page failed to load fix Windows Update The program successfully ran and fixed the files that were damaged whatever they happened to be but this did not solve the issue Finally I removed threats using SUPERAntiSpyware reregistered some dll files as recommended by Microsoft IMPORTANT NOTE Some of them failed and restarted with non-essential services disabled and startup items disabled nbsp

Relevancy 83.7%

I'm hoping someone can help me fix this. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. In the bottom right if my taskbar it tells me update are ready to be installed, but when I click on it it says " The Page Failed to Load".

A:Windows Update Page Failed to Load

If you have installed Windows Blinds then surly this program is responsible for this issue

our commemorative book:The page failed to load, Vista Update

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/262543-windows-update-page-failed-load.html
Relevancy 83.39%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core or Error boot-start to cdrom" failed "The system-start 7026 following load: driver(s) TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled ----------------- Problem My Windows Professional quot Explorer quot tree not Internet Explorer no longer lists my CD DVD ROM DRIVE under the Device Manager Drives It used to I ve checked the System Registry and it has lots of info about that ATAPI drive but my system fails to find the quot cdrom quot driver which is the one Windows uses by default It s not a rd-party driver The tray on Error 7026 "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom" my CD DVD drive opens and closes properly Windows just won t recognize the drive so I can t use it I m hoping someone can offer a manual solution to get it working again I do not want to spend a month to reinstall my OS and tons of hard-to-configure software I ve read countless other posts and solutions both here and on MS Error 7026 "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom" s sites The info on MS s sites is not even understandable It s too vague and often doesn t even apply to my situation Note The error message is quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom quot --------The following log file came from my Windows Pro Event Viewer ------- Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Larry-PC Description The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Larry-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt cdrom lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ------------------------ I really could use some expert help with this issue nbsp

A:Error 7026 "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-7026-the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-driver-s-failed-to-load-cdrom.1127765/
Relevancy 111.37%

As Slow, "Failed freezes Often and get security to options" Very load of the last week have been experiencing issues with extreme slowness Reset Firefox to defaults did not help PC slows freezes when tried to launch task manager CTRL-ALT-DEL get message quot Failed to load security options Very Slow, Often get "Failed to load security options" and freezes quot then screen stays black with only that message At times never unfreezes After a hard re-boot goes straight to recovery mode I have noticed that there are certain error messages such as failed updates And also my security defaults have been quot turned off quot at least once without my doing Yikes I have done a recovery to previous date and that has helped but then it starts all over again Certain start up items dont load and then the freeze comes again And again the quot Failed to load security options quot Here are the logs I believe i got them all Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series LXBKbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Online Armor OAui exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Online Armor OAhlp exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users zorobejar Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Lin home amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO WOT Helper - C E A- F - E -BDD -A E FEB - C Program Files WOT WOT dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar WOT - - D- c ... Read more

Relevancy 111.37%

Hi Guy
I'm using win 98 and cannot get my Viavoice working.
I keep getting "FAILED TO LOAD LOCAL LANGUAGE MODULE".
This has been an ongoing problem for some time, and was part of a software package from "Time". I've also installed IBM software as a separate voice programme but can't get this to run satifactorily. Time Help is no help, perhaps you can help? Much appreciated in anticipation. Many thanks.

Dicksee

PS Have spent loads of money with "Time"without satisfaction.

A:Viavoice "FAILED TO LOAD LOCAL LANGUAGE MODULE"

Dicksee
Welcome to TSG!

Not sure if I can help but will try......
It sounds as if you have an incomplete or corrupt installation.
When this happens to any software program the best solution is to uninstall and reinstall the package.
1) Go to start\settings\control panel\add-remove programs and locate the via-voice line listing. Highlight it by left clicking and select remove.
2) If there are other entries referring to voice software remove them to.
3) Restart system into safe mode. During restart keep tapping the F8 key until a selection screen appears and arrow to select "Safe Mode" then hit enter.
4) Once in safe mode go to start\find-search\files and folders and type in *.cpl then hit enter
5) A listing of all control panel applets will appear in right pane.
6) Locate SETNOTE.CPL
7) Right click that applet and select delete.
8) Restart system into normal mode and reinstall the via-voice package.
Note: Make sure you anti-virus software is disabled before and during install.

Hope that helps.....

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viavoice-failed-to-load-local-language-module.229653/
Relevancy 111.37%

I'll be referring to the image above. The second image that has to do with Outlook Express directly was caused directly after merging some partitions and then changing drive letters. I was using Partition Magic so Drive Mapper supposedly changed all references in the registry. I checked with Microsoft's solution to the problem, but it was of no help (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191946). I would like to just completely remove Outlook Express if I could. As I was following the instructions, I deleted the registry keys I was supposed to which I think led to the first error message you see. I'm not completely sure though, it could have also been because I applied the Windows Vista Transformation Pack.

A:"Address Book failed to load" + Invalid root

*bump* Also, I should say that before the Outlook message used to pop up constantly (every 20 seconds or so) and I've gotten it to only pop up at startup by removing those registry entries.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/address-book-failed-to-load-invalid-root-168954.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I am trying to get rid of event viewer errors and warnings at bootup. This one still eludes me. It appears to be a driver error related to my Epson RX680 printer. Can someone give me a few tips on how to narrow it down further?

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_EPSON&PROD_STYLUS_STORAGE&REV_1.0 0#9&2856B3B7&0&070E018870865F0000&0#"

TIA

A:Event 219 "WUDFRd failed to load " warning at bootup

What have you already tried to fix the issue? Have you tried looking for an updated driver from epsons website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/307307-event-219-wudfrd-failed-load-warning-bootup.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello I ve been experiencing multiple bluescreens daily and what s odd about them is they occur randomly while using many programs however I have noticed that they occur more frequently directly after opening a new tab loading a new site or running a game StarCraft II Looking through Event Viewer I see a list of warnings and errors immediately prior to the BSOD In chronological order PM CRITICAL- quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot PM WARNING- quot The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB VID amp PID amp af f amp amp quot PM ERROR- quot The previous system shutdown at PM on amp amp amp was unexpected quot PM ERROR- quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x e e x x to device" "\Driver\WUDFRd Multiple daily the failed load BSOD for xfffff a A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Multiple BSOD daily "\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device" Report Id - - quot PM Multiple BSOD daily "\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device" ERROR- quot Audit events have been dropped by the transport quot I also get this warning quite often quot The maximum file size for session quot ReadyBoot quot has been reached As a result events might be lost not logged to file quot C Windows Prefetch ReadyBoot ReadyBoot etl quot The maximum files size is currently set to bytes quot I m running Windows Professional -bit SP Previously I thought it was my NVIDIA M GT graphics card driver but the problem persisted even after uninstalling the driver So I m not sure if it has anything to do with the card anymore Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this If any other information is needed let me know and I ll get on it nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right thread. I have a Toshiba satellite laptop with windows xp. Recently, at startup I started receiving a message that says" One or more modules failed to load." "This process will be terminated." All of a sudden, most of my programs are not working correctly either. They won't open and each has their own message. For instance, Adobe Photoshop says they a registry file is missing, please reinstall. Another program says something about a runtime error. I can't even open my Norton anti virus software. This is so frustrating, does anyone know what could have happened and how I can fix this problem? My guess would be some sort of virus, but I really have no clue. Please help!! Thanks

Relevancy 110.08%

Hello people I have joined this site hoping to get to help with the issues I have after updating from windows to I have been pulling my hair out because after loading this update it has screwed up my laptop Firstly after my laptop eventually starts I get the following error message REGSVR The module quot C ProgramData ljleKtopg dat quot Faile to load Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary oe dependent DLL files The specified module could not be found The other main problem is Sometimes when surfing the screen will freeze and sometimes it will start again after about seconds or it will just stay frozen and I have to switch the laptop off and then restart it When I restart it I get Failed to load "C:\ProgramData\ljleKtopg.dat" the following message on the screen Configuring windows update complete do not turn off your computer This will stay on the screen for an average of minutes before it goes and my laptop starts This happens a couple of times a day and it's doing my head in because it was fine before I had to do the update Any help would be appreciated

A:"C:\ProgramData\ljleKtopg.dat" Failed to load

As for the dat file; I'll take a wild guess that this might be the residue of a malware that Windows Defender or your virus program cleared up.
The name of the file seems random generated (typical of malware) and the fact that it's in Program Data also smells a bit fishy.
Doesn't seem like a legit name of a file. Perhaps your upgrade cleared out whatever it was.
Check your startup items in the Registry and in Task Manager to see if there is something Windows is trying to start that doesn't seem legit. I am not one to shout "virus" or be dramatic about that, but you might just want to do a scan of your windows directory, Program Files folders and your Users directory.

CCCleanear and HiJackThis tells you if something has been messing with your settings - consider running those for this type of problem.

As for you problems with Windows update - either just hide that update and forget about it, alternatively run sfc /scannow from the command prompt to correct anything funny on your setup that might prvent the update from goingin.

Since these are quite different issues they probably belong in different threads, particularly if it ends up taking a while to get to the bottom of it.

This was the short response - if you are unsure how to do any of what I suggested, please google it, and if it's still not clear, then post back here.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48618-c-programdata-ljlektopg-dat-failed-load.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hey guys this is a user Profile" the load to "failed great and detailed tutorial and all worked as explained except to the last step I still can't get into my account what sucks big time It looks like the password "failed to load the user Profile" has been changed as the error message is not the same when I enter "failed to load the user Profile" a wrong password It says some like quot failed to load the user Profile quot or to quot failure to connect to the service to load the User quot it's in another language so I translate the best I can When I hit the OK button the login page will reload I ain't get the link to reset a new password in that process that one I get only when I enter a wrong password Anyhow I don't have a password reset disc unfortunately QUESTION Can I use above tutorial and simply REMOVE any kind of password from keeping me out of my W I can get till the last prompt where the tutorial shows to enter a new password so maybe I can do this to get rid of the password too Would be awesoome Thanks for Any Help whatsoever

A:"failed to load the user Profile"

Hello easycash, and welcome to Seven Forums.

For that error, you would want to use the tutorial below instead. Be sure to read all of it for all available options. You might give the system restore at boot option a try first.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309253-failed-load-user-profile.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi I have an ASUS K F laptop running Windows and it has always worked fine with both wired and wireless connections I recently changed Internet provider from BT to Plusnet though I cannot be sure that this is when the problem began It still works fine when wired but when I switch the wireless on and unplug the ethernet cable it says that there is a strong connection to the network with internet access and cannot Internet web load but with "connected page access", Laptop I am able to find the router by putting http into the browser but I cannot load any Internet pages on any browser and cannot use any other Internet apps like Skype The wireless works fine on another laptop and on my phone - it is just on this Asus laptop I have tried searching for posts of various forums - but have just ended up using command prompt to ping google it was not successful and running a utility called winsockfix which made no difference I have scanned for malware and virus - I have removed a couple but this hasn t fixed the problem Can anyone please help Thanks Guy nbsp

Relevancy 109.65%

Evening partygoers So went to start up the ole pc and I received the quot no bootable device please insert blah blah blah quot Soooo put in the Win ultimate disc and the computer does nothing except take me to the main Install Windows page with "Error 0x800703f8" load Can't Windows the I have clicked on quot repair my computer quot I tried different restore points and those were a no go I performed a chkdsk and a Can't load Windows with the "Error 0x800703f8" chkdsk fC and it came up with nothing I do not know if it has anything to do with the MBR so I didn't go that route yet Also Startup repair does not work as well I can enter quot safe mode quot but all it does is take me to the Windows install screen If I try to quot start windows normally quot all it does is just take me to the windows install Can't load Windows with the "Error 0x800703f8" page as well My device is an i with gb of RAM the basic standard stuff UPDATE I have put my hdd in a different drive and it works fine audio video files my main concern I am running a malware bytes scan and AVG anti-virus scan now More news on the homefront malware came back with no issues and AVG picked up java virus' I had the AVG take care of the virus situation After putting my hdd back into its original computer the hdd is not being recognized I guessed that this might happen Keeping the updates coming so hopefully the symptoms will narrow down to the problem in hopes in can get resolved

A:Can't load Windows with the "Error 0x800703f8"

Hi,

Try to change the cable you are using to connect the HDD to your mother board. As you mentioned that this hdd is working fine on other PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/315519-cant-load-windows-error-0x800703f8.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi there,

just installed IE9 and the first thing I noticed when I acess some websites is a box in the middle of the page saying " Message from webpage:"Please wait for the page to load..." it is really annoying and pops up several times if I close it or press ok

anyone knows how to disable this?

A:IE9 Message from webpage:"Please wait for the page to load..."

Just get a real browser. FireFox or Chrome. It's so easy!

I used to be hardcore IE user, but since IE9 came up I had to switch.
I am never comming back to IE anymore!!! (it's slow and just a poor browser)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/156017-ie9-message-webpage-please-wait-page-load.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Purchased a copy of office 2003 (downloaded from the internet complete with serial number) - loaded over the top of an office 2000 program - loaded no bother - now I am unable to access Outlook Express and get the message "The address book failed to load. Outlook express is incorrectly configured, please reinstall". When I attempt to open emails I get a message "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred". My operating system is Windows XP with the latest patch. Any assistance in resolving this would be much appreciated

A:Error message "The address book failed to load. Outlook express is incorrectly config

Found a solution - not the quickest but it worked - uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled XP over the top as per Microsoft article ID 315341 - the real time waste was having to reinstall all the XP patches

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-the-address-book-failed-to-load-outlook-express-is-incorrectly-config.368625/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hello,
I have windows vista on I.E.8. When some updates arrived from windows, I clicked on the windows icon in the taskbar, it opened saying that "page failed to load" (otherwise the page is blank). Also I cannot remove the icon, this has been this way for the last 3 days. Does anybody have a solution ?
Thank you.

A:Update page failed to load

All O.K. It was the "windows blinds" that was the culprit
Thanks to the person that helped.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/257786-update-page-failed-load.html
Relevancy 107.93%

When I try to install gears of war I reivieve this error message. "Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper"

I have tried all the below with no avail...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;968365&sd=rss&spid=7027

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-load-dll-gameuxinstallhelper.912201/
Relevancy 107.93%

Get message "Failed to load 'installhelper.dll' into memory." while trying to install eCopy from a CD that installs fine on other PCs. eCopy has no information about this error message and nothing appears on the net. Any ideas? Have tried searching the PC and other PCs in the network for such file or instances of it in the registry. Nothing!

A:Failed to load "installhelper.dll"

Just to be sure, what OS are trying to install this software on that fails?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-load-installhelper-dll.860815/
Relevancy 107.93%

I recently uninstalled and wiped all my firefox settings after installing a addon call ghostborwser or something similar it has a icon of Casper the Friendly ghost to represent it It Removed all now" Firefox will get all Load popup close at Prob. load before Won't "encountered it my colour and images form ALL websites visited it was suposed to be I Firefox Won't Load at all get "encountered Prob. will close now" popup before it load assumed anyways like a 'bosskey to hide the browser make it invisible after the colour faded from my world I uninstalled the Firefox Won't Load at all get "encountered Prob. will close now" popup before it load Addon and restarted firefox and the colour and images were still gone so I uninstalled firefox and erased all of my settings out of the Docs setting folder Exept for backing up my bookmarks and used ccleaner to purge the rgistery of firefox enteies to start fresh I then reinstlled firefox and tried loading it I got the quot firefox exe has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Message restarted and got the same I rebooted and still the same message I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times still and still get firefox exe has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience Any ideas

A:Firefox Won't Load at all get "encountered Prob. will close now" popup before it load

Have you scanned for viruses or tried downloading an earlier version?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-wont-load-at-all-get-encountered-prob-will-close-now-popup-before-it-load-248862.html
Relevancy 106.64%

when going to the windows update window,
i get a white blank page and it says "the page failed to load"
i did restart, same issue...

what is it all about?

and another thing, i don't have a Floppy drive in my computer
however a Floppy A: drive is present in "Computer"
how can i remove it from the list?

A:The page failed to load, Vista Update

To remove the floppy drive go into your bios and turn it off.

Do you get any sort of internet problems?

Microsoft Update

Try the link.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/186597-page-failed-load-vista-update.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 103.2%

Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Intel R Core TM i CPU RAM GB -bit Operating System It started while Encryption supported by..." "Client not to Side "computer --> failing load" i was browsing anime viewing websites on Firefox Both of which I've used for years Also note AVG's Resident Shield was online and i don't remember going anywhere strange or downloading strange files I had scanned used malwarebytes anti-malware the day before and found nothing Randomly I received a blue screen stating something like quot Client side encryption is not supported by the remote server even though it claims to quot After restarting my computer failed to start normally I think it failed to load the operating system It went to some kind of auto repairing thing to fix itself in order to startup properly But it failed Safe mode same as above Last Known Good Configuration same "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load" as above Bootlogging Debugging Description was it would mention at which startup file it failed to load It loaded files from the top of my screen to almost the middle which is about lt things It failed "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load" and without telling me any new information did the quot same as above quot attempts of system restore One was more than a month ago It would get to the end and quot finish quot restoring for a brief moment then immediately show an error pointing to quot Appdata Roaming Firefox jumble of letters profile session the rest was cut off but i thought i could see half an quot s quot It said it couldn't replace the file chkdsk didnt find any problems So my problem began while using Firefox and I couldn't system restore because of Firefox Is Firefox the problem Unfortunately I'm impatient and I've already reformated What I would like to be told is possible culprits and to be "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load" told I can continue to use Firefox safely like i am right now P S I have to rant This is my second attempt at posting this automatic restart due to updates claimed my first attempt spent mins Even though this is nothing compared to the many hours this particular mechanism has stolen during my college years

A:"Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load"

Its the server that you were on, it did not like the encryption that that server was using.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/client-side-encryption-not-supported-by-computer-failing-to-load-580727.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I am trying to rebuild by search index because my computer won t let me arrange items using the quot Arrange By quot option However when I try and load my indexing options to rebuild the index it will sit there and say won't Disappearing Icons, "Arrange & By" load, option "My work. Help? Computer" won't quot Waiting to receive indexing status quot If I click the quot Advanced quot button it will freeze I also receive an icon and loading display problem SEE PIC Also when I click on quot My Computer quot it sometimes will sit there searching and it won t load SEE PIC I have tried the following Restarting the quot Windows Search quot service multiple times at different boots Deleting the files contained in the folder quot C Windows System config TxR quot http support microsoft com kb Stopping the quot Windows Search quot service then I opened up quot regedit quot I went to quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsSearch SetupCompletedSuccessfully quot I changed the value from a to a Then I rebooted my PC I then went back to the same key and changed it back to a and rebooted my PC again Turning the "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? quot indexing service quot on and off from the quot Turn Windows Features on or off quot menu Microsoft Fixit Indexing Troubleshooter Sfc scannow Tried this hotfix http support microsoft com kb Tried another user account and creating a new user account Tried resetting folder view to quot defaults quot http www sevenforums com tutorials -folder-view-settings-reset-all-default html I really need ALL of these problems fixed "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? They obviously all come from one issue but the only problem is idk how to fix it Please help Also I know for a fact a quot repair quot "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? will NOT work so didn t even suggest it because this problem popped up because I repair installed my computer The quot Arrange By quot option just doesn t work so maybe the registry has a key that can be edited to fix this that is disable by default Thanks PS I am sorting by name grouping by none and below is a screenshot of what happens when I change the quot Arrange By quot option to arrange by song As you can see nothing changes it still arranges by folder SEE PIC Also note in the picture quot song quot is highlighted but I already left-clicked it PSS I only only experienced the file display disappearing and loading issues when I deleted the files located in the TxR folder to fix the arrange by issue I forgot to mention that I noticed in my Event Viewer that there were some logs that kept appearing that might pertain to the issue Here is a list of the logs that I think appear the most often Error Event ID Service Control Manager The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied Error Event ID Kernel-EventTracing Session quot Circular Kernel Context Logger quot failed to start with the following error xC Error Event ID Service Control Manager The Computer Browser service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error Event ID WMI Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Error Event ID DistributedCOM The server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE did not register with DCOM within the required timeout NOTE FOR THIS EVENT ID ERROR THAT THE NUMBERS IN THE BRACKETS ... Read more

A:"My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-load-disappearing-icons-arrange-by-option-wont-work-help.1098029/
Relevancy 102.77%

I am trying to load NT on a computer. It worked fine. Added SP6 and rebooted fine. Added sound card driver, vid. drivers, and network card drivers. Rebooted and I get this error. It then goes and tries to boot from CDROM and then says press N to boot from network. It then says "Boot failure Insert boot disk in A: press any key when ready" Of course, I didn't make a repair disk either. I am on location and need a fix ASAP. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://ShopComputerAces.com
http://HeadLunatic.com
http://IamNotLost.com

A:{Resolved} - NT boot error - "Load Error! Press any key to reboot..." - help ASAP

Reformated, reinstalled.
Same error.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

Cory

------------------
http://ShopComputerAces.com
http://HeadLunatic.com
http://IamNotLost.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-nt-boot-error-load-error-press-any-key-to-reboot-help-asap.29332/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello guys.

My problem is that I get the error message *every* time I load up my computer. I don't know what it does and what is causing it but I figure it's best to get it sorted.

Thanks for any help you can give me. :)

A:[SOLVED] "Unable to load DLL FlashHook Module.dll" - error message

This is a problem with Microsoft .Net Framework go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs highlight Microsoft .Net Framework and Uninstall it, then restart. Then go to Windows update and download it again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-and-quot-unable-to-load-dll-flashhook-module-dll-and-quot-error-message-650511.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I bought LFD2 from steam and downloaded it; it seems to install fine, when i click the launch button from within steam i get the error "Unable to load unicode.dll", I've verified the download, redownloaded/installed i've checked my laungauge settings and talked to steam support but so far they've been unable to help. Does anyone have any other ideas? All my drivers are up to date, windows as well. All my other games in steam work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-for-dead-2-steam-error-unable-to-load-unicode-dll.913829/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi,
after still not having the Screen freeze and a Sound-loop problem fixed, I'm getting a error message on my windows startup.
THIS is the error message. Sometimes the error message appears once, or twice. I'm starting to see this message since yesterday. Is there anything to fix this? And what's its cause?
HERE are my specs if anyone needs them. Ask if you need some more info :3

Thanks.

Log : ARBER-08_07_2015_220841,00.zip

A:"BIOS Load fail!" error message on startup. How to fix?

Hi,

I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field.

In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.

Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68410-bios-load-fail-error-message-startup-how-fix.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I receive this error regardless of the browser I'm using but I am connected to the internet; I can connect to steam and update games for example. The issue is tied solely to the inability to load websites. Mine is the only computer on the network that is displaying the issue.

Any help resolving the problem would be appreciated.

A:Receive "Server Not Found" error when trying to load websites.

You should run the following two commands one at a time, type them into an elevated command prompt, hit enter after each one.

netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253158-receive-server-not-found-error-when-trying-load-websites.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi I m a newbie here - after finding techsupportguy by googling for support forums for my particular desktop" Vista "preparing load after error repartition. problem I Vista load error "preparing desktop" after repartition. hope someone in this community might have some ideas for me So after having a stable and successful dual-boot with XP and Vista Ultimate Bit for several months now I got over-confident After a long night getting the kids to sleep etc etc I had the bright wee hours of the morning idea that I could quickly increase my Vista partition size as it was getting a little light it shares an internal HDD with another drive letter and promptly stuffed my Vista boot Setup C XP Boot original OPSYS V Vista Vista load error "preparing desktop" after repartition. Partition shared on same drive as D What I did Booted into XP loaded Acronis Disk Director Suite Resized D shrunk by GB and Resized v increased by GB Applied actions Had a PC lock-up in XP some time later reset PC Boot error - no Windows Vista found load original disc Loaded Vista disc and used quot r quot option Located vista partition repaired Vista Booted had rundll exe error or something similar and died Re-booted hit F and selected quot last known good config quot Vista ran lengthy disc check Noticed Vista volume was now H not V Re-Booted- Vista loaded to login Keyed password and quot preparing desktop quot appeared My desktop and startup programs fail to boot and I get stuck in a plain blue empty screen with cursor only CTR-ALT-DEL accesses Task Manager or log-off shutdown screen but I have an incomplete load of vista and no profile I have re-checked the Vista Drive in XP and it is all there profile data opsys etc However when I boot back to command prompt in Vista - V has become H as mentioned No wonder my profile desktop start-up and Vista doesn t kick-in properly Anyone know the safest way to fix this I reckon that if I somehow change the volume letter from H to V within the Vista boot everything will quot reload quot normally Acronis is installed under XP boot and I have a BART PE boot disc the Vista boot Disc and a GNOME Part ED image I can burn also Any ideas Thanks in advance Striderlps nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

Went into the W7 control panel to make a 'system repair disk' (boot disk), just in case I ever needed it. Making the disk went OK, with W7 telling me it had successfully finished, and to label the CD.

I then put the boot CD into my DVD drive to make sure it worked OK. Computer boots from the CD and W7 says it has started loading files. Then the pretty blue background screen started (just like the one in the F8 repair console), and then there was a long pause and then I get the error code shown on the photo below. Clicking OK reboots the computer, and no repair options ever load.

I made two separate boot disks to rule out a bad CD, but still get the same error #

This is a brand new Dell computer, both DVD drives work fine, and burn CDs without problems.

A:"Sytem Repair Disk" Can't Load - Error 4001100200001012

Update:

In looking at what came with my computer, I do in fact have a "Reinstallation DVD" for W7. It boots OK into the repair console. So, the problem in making my own boot disk is a moot point for now - other then the desire to understand that error code.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42445-sytem-repair-disk-cant-load-error-4001100200001012-a.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I need some technical help and am not sure where to pose this as it's a problem that the program's developer has never seen before and decoder not error" returns Player "Could Album load the his suggestions didn't solve Album Player is a very good sounding small audio player that's Album Player returns "Could not load the decoder error" been around for a few years Audio player Album Player It simply unzips to wherever the user wants i e Album Player returns "Could not load the decoder error" it doesn't use the installer After running it successfully for months for the past three days it's been returning an error box on starting the program with the message quot Could not load the decoder quot But the thing is the decoder file ap decoder exe shows as a running process in Windows Task Mgr Win x Pro The developer says the decoder program hasn't changed in five versions since now Here's what Album Player returns "Could not load the decoder error" I've tried without success - deleted and reinstalled the x and x versions a few times with reboots - excluded the player from Comodo anti-virus and firewall there were no warnings - changed folders where it's located - run as administrator - run Yamicsoft Windows Mgr repair module The only other new thing I can think of during these past couple of days is that there have been two computer startups among many where the system SSD wasn't recognized by the BIOS The first time I checked BIOS settings and all looked normal and then coming out of it the computer started right up The second time I ignored it and it just rebooted normally I also unplugged replugged the SSD on both ends just to be sure Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H-BK mobo firmware up to date Any other ideas Anything about Windows that could be causing this Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/73069-album-player-returns-could-not-load-decoder-error.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Upon launch I receive this error. I have included a link to the screenshot of the event:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/Ezra44/image3.png

I am using the Steam version of the game.

I have updated the AMD driver fully to 12.1 and as well as the game.

A:Modern Warfare 3: Launch Error "couldn't load image 'default'"

I may have this issue solved, I just need to verify the game cache. More updates in 10 minutes.

Update: It has been solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modern-warfare-3-launch-error-couldnt-load-image-default.1041643/
Relevancy 102.34%

failed to load locale files from "Program Files\Western Digital\WD Smartware\Locale"

The menu box it's under is entitled " WDContextMenuHandler "

I get this error when I just right click on any part of "my computer" everytime.

the pc then goes blank on desktop while it says " windows explorer shutting down " and then pc comes back. I tried to uninstall WD smartware but it won't allow me to. When I installed it the first time, all the menus were not available, so I uninstalled it, so I thought, and reinstalled it. Now there are 2 WD Smartwares shown in my programs and I can only get rid of the newest one. I also tried a system restore, but the date before the first install is not available.

any help.

A:error-failed to load locale files from "Program Files\Western Digital\

Use Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled and see if you can uninstall it cleanly. If you are unable to uninstall the phantom version still lurking, you may have to re-install and then use the Fix It to uninstall properly.

How do I remove a product that cannot be uninstalled in the "Add or Remove Programs" list. may also be good reading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214232-error-failed-load-locale-files-program-files-western-digital.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello everyone Recently I'm playing Anno also called Dawn of Discovery in my Vista Home Basic bit finely until I saw the problem with the quot save load quot problem First it saves quot systematically quot but the save is corrupted to a kb file Second the game can't load the 'properlly saved' save file and also the corrupted one also Few of Anno 1404 "save/load" problem and "runas.exe" using the players had the similar problem and someone said that making another user account works and I tried and really worked for me Yes I can play this way but all of my files and infos are saved in the Administrator account and I don't want to switch users just to play that game Recently I found a useful MS program which is runas and found how to run as another account It asks for the account pw and everythis was fine but it doesn't run my game It just closes the cmd and nothing happens What could be this problem I hope Ubi gives out this fixing patch fast

A:Anno 1404 "save/load" problem and using "runas.exe"

Figured it out with Runasspc program (which also saves the password! )

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/237247-anno-1404-save-load-problem-using-runas-exe.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I have windows xp/professional sevice pack 3. since 01/09/2015, after start up a box displays 'user environment error- cannot load locally saved files ,it might be due to network provider or some else.' Also system restore does not take place. pl.help. Provide suitable & authentic solution. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-environment-error-displays-unable-to-load-locally-saved-files.1155090/
Relevancy 102.34%

Port?g? Z30-A-181
PT243E-08304YGR

Hi everyone,
as you may already know the Toshiba System Settings require the Toshiba Password Utility to run properly. I installed the Password Utility but when i launch it i get the Error: „DLL load error.“
In another thread i found the „solution“ to install an older Version. I installed about 10 different older versions now, none of them worked.
Manual registering of the DLLs does fail (only 1 gets registered via regsrv32)
What to do? Thanks!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91801-quot-DLL-load-error-quot-when-starting-Password-Utility
Relevancy 102.34%

Please help.

Every time I boot up I get this error message. I have looked in the start menu and run Adware and anti-virus scans. It is just annoying.

guysmiley

A:[SOLVED] How do I stop "I cant load dll" error message?

Is this the complete and exact error messege? If not can you please post the exact error you are recieving?

Quote:

"I cant load dll"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-do-i-stop-and-quot-i-cant-load-dll-and-quot-error-message-130920.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I have Windows 7 and a Motorola SB5101 Modem. My problem is that I'm getting a consistent "connection timed out" error on a specific website and no other site seems to be affected by it on three different browsers. The only thing I can figure is something having to do with a brief power outage that happened last night. I have tried disabling all my AV/Firewall programs, resetting the modem, trying to open port 443 (the port mentioned in the error message), system restore a couple days back and safe mode with networking, all to no avail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/site-wont-load-connection-timeout-error.1017506/
Relevancy 102.34%
A:BEX error "wininet.dll" Outlook 2010 won't load

try the following link and see if it helps ya out any to resolve the issue:

BEX error, Outlook 2010 won't load

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/322987-bex-error-wininet-dll-outlook-2010-wont-load.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Microsoft Office (2003) error: Can't load speech recognition files / cannot install the necessary files due to the windows installer, error: 1635.

This error has been affecting Word/Excel/Outlook since installing 15 MS security updates pertaining to Windows XP (all installed on Oct 15/09.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-cant-load-speech-recognition-files.870485/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hey,

I own a dell inspiron 1520, and just had comcast provide my internet services.

When i restarted my computer after they left, i got a message that reads as below:

Failed on loading skin name "minibcont". The file "shell.css" is required in your
"sscommon/skins/minibcont/css/" directory.
To fix this problem, please check the skin name in your config file, or reinstall the application.

I called comcast about this issue, and they say that everything shows up as being ok with my service.

can someone please help me with this?
thank you

A:"minibcont" skin load error

Hi Fstik, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This is reported as being a error due to a problem with Dell Support Center, you can uninstall the Dell Support Center program to fix the problem, and reinstall if you wish.

Dell Support Center

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172857-minibcont-skin-load-error.html
Relevancy 101.05%

For the DLL ... a error app" load "not valid Win32 past two days whenever I start up my computer I get this error message Run DLL Error loading C Users my name NTLoad dll C Users my name NTLoad dll is not a valid Win application What does it mean I m running -bit Vista Home Premium so I don t know how Win enters into it Here s my Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe c ProgramData SingleClick Systems Advanced Networking Service hnm svc exe C Program Files x DLL load error ... "not a valid Win32 app" Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Dell Remote Access ezi DLL load error ... "not a valid Win32 app" ra exe C Program Files x McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files x McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com USCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program F... Read more

A:DLL load error ... "not a valid Win32 app"

This entry looks suspicious to me:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [notepad] rundll32.exe C:\Users\Chris\ntload.dll,[email protected]

I would click on the Report button and kindly ask to be moved to the Malware Removal forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-load-error-not-a-valid-win32-app.892078/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi I am getting angry with my Sims I have been running Sims University since it came out and now all of a sudden when I go to the neighborhood and click on a house it won t let me do anything And a message pops up that says quot Load Error Array quot I have been researching all night and can not find anything at all about this message Could you tell Error Arrays " Load Sims " 2 me if you are familiar with it and if so what it is and how I can fix it I have uninstalled reformatted and restored Sims 2 " Load Error Arrays " system and then reinstalled and when Sims 2 " Load Error Arrays " I go to Sims and then the neighborhood to play it does the same exact thing again Please help me if possible Thank you in advance My system specs are Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Memory GB DDR SDRAM MHz DIMMs Floppy Drive MB Floppy Disk Drive Hard Disk Drive GB EIDE SATA Hard Drive RPM Video MB DDR GeForce FX Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI Modem Kbps Data Fax Modem Sound Card Sound Blaster Live Digital Sound Card DVD Drive X DVD ROM Drive X DVD RW Drive nbsp

A:Sims 2 " Load Error Arrays "

Most odd, had a quick browse myself and cant find anything about this problem. Would suggest making sure your have the lastest patch. Here:- http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-load-error-arrays.413451/
Relevancy 100.19%

So, what do I do about this message . It's suggesting that I havea a virus, possibly Trojan, abwiz.F or possibly automatically need to download virus definition with the Intelligent Updater. My computer won't allow this and tell me that it is recommended to stop the process. The virus removal is far too complicated and I have read that folks who have done this found it didn't help the problem. I have Norton Virus protection. Thanks for any help.

A:Error:"LU1975 This update failed during its preprocessing welcome text phase"

Have you tried the AutoFix Tool?........https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/index.jsp

Also a removal tool if you suspect abwiz.F trojan ............http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.abwiz.removal.tool.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-lu1975-this-update-failed-during-its-preprocessing-welcome-text-phase.465048/
Relevancy 100.19%

Dear Tech Support Forum Staff and or Members,

Since my original thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/concerned-about-a-delayed-write-failed-error-673492.html
is now a little old, I don't want to run the risk of bumping it unnecessarily. Since the original posting of this thread, my computer has had at least 3 more Delayed Write Failed errors, and I'm starting to wonder why. I know that people had mentioned possible problems with loose cords, or maybe even my power supply, but I don't know how to go about looking for "which cords are which". Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, floppyarms

A:Update of the Thread "Concerned about a Delayed Write Failed error"

Hi what happened with chkdsk did you try another known good working psu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/update-of-the-thread-concerned-about-a-delayed-write-failed-error-676600.html
Relevancy 99.76%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 99.33%

when attempting to access my scanner or digital camera from applications such as WordPerfect, HP Photo Printing, Kodak Picture Easy 3.1, etc. I receive the error message "Cannot Load SDK!". This just started recently and I am not aware of any changes That have been made.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 99.33%

My friend recently ordered a computer with a copy of windows we can get to where you select your HD but it windows cant see it nothing shows up in the window and quot New quot is grayed out We have a load drivers option but I wouldnt know what drivers they would be or what disk they would be on with out help see error/cant HD the drivers" "Load Ive tried all the disks I have no drivers are found I tried to load XP onto the computer same problem XP said it could be a corrupted HD this is still a possibility seeing its brand new Just wondering "Load drivers" error/cant see the HD if there would be a different solution Looked online for a bit so far Ive turned off the floppy drive from the setting to none in the bios which worked on my computer but not his We know its not the disk for windows I can pull up bios and see what drives are master and slave but I dont know what that means or if changing it can help I cant pull up the specs right now seeing as its not my computer and we "Load drivers" error/cant see the HD cant get into windows

A:"Load drivers" error/cant see the HD

Lunatist,
Insert the Win7 dvd into the optical drive. Do not close door.
Turn off computer.
Close dvd door.

Start computer.
When the first dialog appears requiring action from you, then:
use the SHIFT + F10 combo to get to a command prompt.

At the command prompt:
type DISKPART and hit Enter key
type List Disk and hit Enter key
write down what you see

Assuming that you have a Disk 0 listed, then
type Select Disk 0 and hit Enter
type Detail Disk and hit Enter
write down what your see if anything

Now you can type:
Exit (to exit diskpart)
Exit (to exit the command prompt and return to the Win7 install)

Let us know what happened and what you wrote down

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/70054-load-drivers-error-cant-see-hd.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and 7 installation" load for "Unable RAID to drivers Fixed Windows I have encountered several issues this has been a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-unable-to-load-raid-drivers-for-windows-7-installation.1078744/
Relevancy 98.9%

Last night, I attempted to install a linux distro alongside 7, the installation failed, so I gave up and just rebooted to 7.

It got stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen, so I preformed hard shutdown and when to the "Startup Repair" utility and it attempted repairs, it then said that the repairs were unsuccessful, so I restarted and windows loaded to the desktop. Success! or so I thought...

After a while, I shut my laptop down and went to bed (as you do). When I needed to use it this morning, it wouldn't load past the "Starting Windows" screen again, so I shut it down and restarted and it went the desktop.

A:Occasionally wont load past "Starting Windows" screen

Hi,

Can you access the Advanced boot options?

Advanced Boot Options
Choose Last known Good Configuration

Tip
Use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to move the menu’s highlight to Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced), and then press Enter as the mouse won’t work at this screen.

Your computer should load successfully, and Windows 7 will discard the bad configuration and return permanently to the last known good configuration.

Alternatively:

Are you able to restore back to a point to before you tried to install linux distro?

System Restore

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288100-occasionally-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and I have encountered several issues this has been to load "Unable Windows for Fixed installation" RAID 7 drivers a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David

A:Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation"

Did it work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266847-fixed-unable-load-raid-drivers-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I am having trouble just viewing the quot Downloads quot folder in Windows Explorer It used to just be a periodic thing now it takes literally - minutes to to in load minutes takes Windows folder "Downloads" Explorer load this folder I cannot even sort it while it is loading I noticed in Resource Monitor that quot MsMpEng exe quot Microsoft Security Essentials is checking each and every file in there everytime I open it Hundreds of line-items in Resource Monitor So something must be flagging most of these files as changed "Downloads" folder takes minutes to load in Windows Explorer or something so that MSE is going in "Downloads" folder takes minutes to load in Windows Explorer and re-scanning everything Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it Here are some perhaps pertinant notes about my Downloads Folder It is very large with almost items However I want to keep it large as I have many apps running directly from the folder There are of course sub-folders for organization but I find having a single download spot is good for catching things I may have already downloaded I have it mapped from C Users USERNAME Downloads to D Downloads My C drive is an SSD so I keep this large amount of data off it I made sure to add this to the Windows Index The quot Date Accessed quot date is updated to today for about of the files or so even though I am only really accessing no more than - per day It does not seem to matter what type of file it is exe zip etc I added this to my quot Favorites quot however this happens regardless of if I access the folder via Favorites USERNAME Downloads or d Downloads I generally add stuff to that folder via Google Chrome However I could not catch the Chrome process doing anything weird or anything when downloading something Here is a thread with a similar problem however it is not resolved delay on folder loading Thanks much in advance for your help As you can imagine this is unbearable MikeY

A:"Downloads" folder takes minutes to load in Windows Explorer

My current downloads folder has 1,000 files and in the initial access, it took about 10 seconds to display the Details list as configured/sorted. Intel i7mobile. No indexing. Subsequent closing and re-opening took about 2 seconds to display as configured/sorted. A separate folder of 50 files took 4 seconds to display in its initial access. Near-instantaneous subsequent access.

May I suggest creating subfolders to reduce the 1,000 to a more manageable 20-50? Beat your head against the wall (2-5 minutes) or an extra click or two once in a while? Which is more unbearable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240166-downloads-folder-takes-minutes-load-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have Nas and sometimes a third and its annoying as he that when ever i reboot quot which i do a lot quot i get the Windows could not load all network drives not all Timeout annoying could load drives" network Change "Windows Its a problem because i have to open Explorer and click the Red mark over my Nas or else my files will not load in kodi or any other Program where i use Change Timeout "Windows could not load all network drives" annoying my nas folders it must be a timeout or something because when i open Windows Explorer and click the red mark on my nas they load instantly So anyone easy fix please i am to lazy to google it i haven't tried if you could just change the network service from Automatic to Automatic quot Delayed quot so if anyone has the answer because i am fat and lazy quot well maybe not fat Weighs kg Change Timeout "Windows could not load all network drives" annoying and am cm so quot but just lazy then plz make a quick reply i offer no reward expect you earn my respect should be enough for most nah kidding i can google it myself but i am of to play some D for some hrs yes i know years old plays D quot what a kid quot Well i enjoy D but hate Grinding for IK quot D fans will know what IK is quot hehe hmm why do my post always seem to get so long must be because i like to hear my self talk or in this case write So quick fix for the damn annoying windows could not reconnect all my network drives stupid windows that i have to click them to make them visible thx guys and girls

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63118-change-timeout-windows-could-not-load-all-network-drives-annoying.html
Relevancy 98.9%

My Windows start-up is pretty decent after I log-in to my user account What s taking too long is the quot Windows Is Starting Up quot screen It takes about mins or so Up" Starting Load To Too Is Takes Screen Solved: Long "Windows before the log-in screen shows up Anyway here s what happened prior to this event My Windows XP OS has just been repaired due to a stop error Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load One of my RAM Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load cards I have two installed previously has also been removed because the technician deemed that it was the cause of the stop error Now my question is is it the cause of the slow down I mean having a smaller RAM I m thinking that it could be the cause but I m having second thoughts because I only had RAM card installed way back but the stalling of the quot Windows is starting up quot screen never happened I ve Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load had a slow running PC yes but I never had to wait that long for the quot log-in quot screen to show up seconds tops I only have GB free space now which is small but I ve had a smaller free space GB before but then again the stalling I mentioned has never happened until now Any solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 98.9%

My machine was working fine I had been on it for a couple hours just doing regular internet browsing I tried to open a program EverQuest and it would open then immediately crash quot EverQuest has encountered an error quot So I figured reboot the machine After the POST to matter "Starting Windows" what past load method Unable no it tells me to either launch start up repair or start normally I chose start normally It would Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method go to the quot starting windows quot screen and the logo will not show up it just stays there Powered down and after the POST got the same options again I picked start up repair this time It would load the bar and show quot loading windows files quot or whatnot and when the bar would get completely full Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method it would freeze there My computer doesnt have a CD DVD drive I installed Windows from USB So I plugged the USB drive back into the computer and tried booting from that It would go thru the quot loading windows files quot just fine I can see the drive flashing as its being accessed When the bar filled up it would progress to quot Starting Windows quot screen and stop blinking and just sit there doing nothing Tried using Safe Mode Wouldn't load either I have not a clue what I should be looking for to even start getting it working again The only physical change I've made to the system was plugging in another monitor to my graphic card And even then I've shut down and rebooted and it's been just fine Any help advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method

Check your ram.
Memory Diagnostics Tool
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190761-unable-load-past-starting-windows-no-matter-what-method.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have recently been having this problem with my Compaq Presario Cq laptop It used to be working fine for years and this problem suddenly came up a few weeks ago Whenever I turn on my computer it would seem to load but then when it frayed the starting windows Computer Windows", mode no at safe restore "Starting or not does load screen nothing else happens The screen remains black with just those words An indication that windows would load was I the animation of the orbs coming together to make the windows logo appeared I have tried loading in safe mode but it would always hang on Class pyp or ssomething like that I tried system restore but it would only show the green loading bar and then the screen would black and nothing happens It seems the only way to have a chance of my computer booting is to do Primary Hard disk tests from the bios or System self diagnosis scans then try to load system restore while the windows disk Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore is in the drive but it's annoying to have to wait up to an Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore hour or more to see if my computer might work I have tried some disk Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore scans from the command prompt as well as a sfc scanthat seed to have fixed the problem but then it would happen again I have also tried reformatting and reinstalling windows and that would work for a while but then it's back to square one Of some one could helpe with this it would be very much appreciated

A:Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore

Some hardware tests to run.

Graphics card:
Video Card Stress Test with Furmark Hard drive(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software ToolsRAM (memory):
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285034-computer-does-not-load-starting-windows-no-safe-mode-restore.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi. I tried logging on to my computer this morning, and this is the message it gave me

"Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted."

I've tried searching for a solution, but most of the procedure on the internet is for windows XP, and I'm not sure if it works the same for windows 2000.

If you can tell me how i could fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated^^ Please bear in mind though, that i'm only 15... so I don't really understand advance things that much. [can someone explain to me close to step by step please?]

Thanks in advance!

A:"Windows cannot load your profile becase it may be corrupted" - Win 2000

Follow the instructions on How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-your-profile-becase-it-may-be-corrupted-win-2000.353676/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi great guys at SevenForums its me again and this damn ASUS anyway I have attempted to install windows via usb to my system system specs under profile but i receive a prompt about device drivers and i cannot continue The image is while usb device via prompt drivers" installing windows 7 "load an original iso for windows home premium downloaded from digital river using a direct download the usb is a Gb transcend note windows device manager says the drivers for both usb and hdd "load device drivers" prompt while installing windows 7 via usb are most current and devices are working properly oh My hdd is a Seagate Gb internal laptop drive i burned iso to usb using UUI I do not have any dvd's to use i had but i wasted tryind to burn winRE to disk hdd has been formatted by windows to accept install but it will not PLEASE HELP GUYS You guys helped me with bad memory modules on sevenforums before i hope that there is a guru for this issue too all the thanks Fedaru I read on another post about removing disk drive before install but this asus notebook is like fort knox i would have to remove a cover like screws and that may void warranty

A:"load device drivers" prompt while installing windows 7 via usb

Hi Fedaru,

I have seen this message before if the USB drive you are installing from, is inserted into a USB3 port. This happens because USB3 ports require 3rd party drivers, and the drivers only make the port fully available after Windows 7 has loaded.

Can you check to see that it is inserted into a USB2 port? If so, try inserting into a different USB2 port, and trying the installation again.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287602-load-device-drivers-prompt-while-installing-windows-7-via-usb.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi, have just tried to do a clean install of windows 7 64 bit on my new PC. I have been into the bios to make sure it is set to boot from DVD, all good. I then insert the windows dvd, drawer closes, disk spins, I get to the "windows transfering files" bar at the bottom of the screen, all good. Then the "Starting windows" message appears (without the colourful swirl in the background, just words) and thats it!!! It seems to lock on that screen? My motherboard has a LED code AE - Legacy Boot Event? What does this mean and is this stopping windows from booting? Please any help is much appreciated!. System specs- i7-2700k, maximus iv gene-z, g-skill 16gb, ocz 120gb, seagate barra 2tb, gtx 570, kuhler 920, ocz 750w, pioneer opt. antec df-85.

A:"Legacy boot event" what does this mean? Windows 7 wont load?

Boot into Setup (Bios) What is the HDD mode set to? Is set to IDE or AHCI? Also set the Bios to Default. Also check again in Boot Priority again to make sure CD/DVD rom drive is First Boot Device.You may need to do a Bios Update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/legacy-boot-event-what-does-this-mean-windows-7-wont-load-658832.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I am trying to install an HP c4180 All-in-one and I am repeatedly given the following error:

Windows could not load the installer for Printer. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

I've tried to delete all HP folders off of the hard drive as well as clean the registry out, and still this error is generated during my attempts at installing the HP software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem installing HP Printer: "Windows could not load the installer/Contact vendor"

Some system specs would be good here and make and model number of the computer and service packs installed?

List al other printers that are installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-hp-printer-windows-could-not-load-the-installer-contact-vendor.601190/
Relevancy 98.9%

turned computer on and started up to black screen. On this page was computer error options restart from safe mode an so on. whatever mode i try to start it in nothin happens. Then after few seconds double white line appears on bottom of monitor. This fills white but takes time then reboots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-2000-wont-load-pass-black-mode-screen.498951/
Relevancy 98.9%

ok let me start by saying I am NOT a technical person at all I bought a Toshiba laptop recently and connectivity pages and windows issues (internet are"limited" 8 load connections won't connected windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load to a public wifi as I don t have home internet yet this is not the laptop I am using right now it is a friend s home computer No matter what network I am trying to connect to now I get quot limited quot under the wifi windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load screen whether I have a security key or whether I am trying to use an open hotspot like at a fast food joint or something the only reason I know to post this windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load ipconfig all thing is from another forum question on this site here s what I got when I did that Windows IP Configuration Host Name mypc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C -D - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - C-FA- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address C -D - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ok so seeing this can anyone tell me why I can t load any internet websites and show quot limited quot connection even though the signal strength is always maxed nbsp

A:windows 8 connectivity issues (internet connections are"limited" and pages won't load

it maybe a firewall issue - although you are showing media disconnected and not a limited connection ipconfig

Can you connect to a router by cable and does the PC work like that ?

Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-connectivity-issues-internet-connections-are-limited-and-pages-wont-load.1104772/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello,

I have Windows XP 64-Bit. I keep getting the error "Load needed DLLs for kernel" when attempting to start up. I'm able to fix the problem with a repair installation of Windows, but after restarting Windows a few times, the error returns and I'm unable to startup Windows until I perform another repair installation.

Any ideas? I'm considering reformatting, but I'd ideally like to find another solution if possible.

Thanks,
Jamie

A:"Load needed DLLs for kernel" on startup; returns after Windows reinstall

Hi have you tried running chkdsk How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/load-needed-dlls-for-kernel-on-startup-returns-after-windows-reinstall-681771.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have Windows XP 64-Bit. I keep getting the error "Load needed DLLs for kernel" when attempting to start up. I'm able to fix the problem with a repair installation of Windows, but after restarting Windows a few times, the error returns and I'm unable to startup Windows until I perform another repair installation.

Things I have tried:
-ran ChkDsk (no errors found)
-ran SFC /scannow to replace any missing files using the Windows CD, did not prevent error from happening again

Have not tried reformatting, would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/load-needed-dlls-for-kernel-on-startup-returns-after-windows-reinstall.1089179/
Relevancy 98.9%

So I shut down my computer and noticed it was taking abnormally long so I push the quick-restart button on my PC It restarts "Starting and at to long, random Windows" load programs unable too Stuck for just fine but stays on the boot screen for a bit long Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs and then proceeds to get quot stuck quot at the quot Starting Windows quot screen for about a minute From there Windows loads just fine and I can access a majority of my usual programs Firefox avast etc without any errors However when I try to load Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs very few programs iTunes Malwarebytes etc they don't load at all despite appearing in the Processes section of the Task Manager Also when I try to unpin a program from the taskbar the program's icon remains but I can no longer quot unpin quot it from the taskbar These are all of the errors I've experienced and here's what I've tried thus far System Restoring Tried it twice to before I installed a Windows Update and before I installed a graphics driver update Neither changed anything Disabling all non-Microsoft startup services System File Checker no errors found avast full scan no threats found Windows Repair thing at startup - didn't get past the loading bar Any help whatsoever would be appreciated Thank you Troy

A:Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs

You should never use the reset/restart button on your case unless you need to. Otherwise this happens...

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-at-starting-windows-for-too-long-and-unable-to-load-random-programs-860273.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I recently came across a quot corrupted quot laptop love how people call things to do with computers corrupted when they can't figure out how to fix it to fix it's a Dell Latitude after load won't Desktop dell on [SOLVED] "windows event laptop activated" be must D with windows xp home installed When i got it booting up to windows would result in blue screen error after windows xp loading screen of the time in normal mode and would hang on mup sys [SOLVED] Desktop won't load on dell laptop after "windows must be activated" event in safe mode left it booting into safemode for about - hours while i slept at mup sys and never loaded past it I decided to do a repair install got through it all perfectly fine entered the product key from the sticker on the bottom worked fine Booted up again got past the xp screen to login screen and got the message quot this copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log on quot can choose quot Ok quot or quot Close quot i believe basically yes or no reguardless of what i click it loads into windows to the desktop and does not load anything else ctrl alt del doesn't bring up taskmanager in safemode everything works how it should msconfig running processes are all normal nothing out of the ordinary as well as in services closed everything except critical processes services made a new user as well and logged into that account get the same activation message and loads to desktop with no icons and still no ctrl alt del start menu icons any keyboard shortcut however windows security center popped up on new account saying there was no anti-virus woohoo big breakthru there anyways i can't get anything to fix this i even tried a nd xp repair install and recieved same results i tried last known good config same results i cannot use system restore as it is nowhere to be found on the computer but i've never had any luck with it anyways especially with problems that would previously have rendered the computer paperweight This laptop is years old has a ghz intel core duo with g ram installed the previous owner had some experience with computers and DID get a virus that they got rid of however i still found traces of it when i logged in using hirens boot cd and ran a couple antivirus spyware programs and according to them the virus was the cause of the bluescreen however i have no clue what could be the cause of the activation problem having to reactivate windows wasn't really a surprise so i don't see it as a problem the problem is explorer not loading as well as taskmanager not working nor anything else for that matter AFTER the message If anyone has any idea what could be wrong or anything i could try lemme know keeping the users files in tact is a must i can just burn them to some disks using the mini-windows-xp-cd from hirens boot cd but they have over gb of user data i need to save including pics docs music vids and a bunch of other crap

A:[SOLVED] Desktop won't load on dell laptop after "windows must be activated" event

should also include that after repair install loading back into windows after 3rd reboot when it's finished it would get to the windows xp loading screen and hang there without ever loading windows, but once i shutdown and turned it back on it would load fine. (fine meaning it would get to the login screen and just not work anymore)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-desktop-wont-load-on-dell-laptop-after-and-quot-windows-must-be-activated-and-quot-event-438691.html
Relevancy 98.47%

While using windows live messenger my friend sent me a request to play a game. Upon accepting it shows a white screen next to the message and then prompts me to download "essential msn game file" when I accept this nothing happens, the screen remains white. Ive searched for how to fix this problem to no avail so I was wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-load-games-on-windows-live-messneger-wont-install-essential-msn-game-file-414615.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi guys I am facing a very frustrating issue that I went google for almost a month Need you guys to tell me what is next step i should take to test my system or guide me with bios settings -- My home PC's build Biostar H Intel i GHz gb kingston Ram x piece Palit nVidia GT Cooler Master Elite casing Andyson silent G W power supply Windows Ultimate -bit TB Hitachi Sata or i cant remember Sumsung monitor HDMI connection to Palit gx card -- Got this rig - months ago from SLS and got the guys to help me build It was working fine fast and smooth One - windows" Frustrated Slow load "Starting at day i decided i want dual monitor so i plugged in an old dell monitor normal VGA cable to the ON-BOARD Biostar VGA port It was ok I logged on to my game my game hung I killed the game px and restarted my PC THEN My pc for the st time boots very slowly It took very long to load at the quot starting windows quot screen the logo Frustrated - Slow load at "Starting windows" flies in real slowly The user login screen is ok I logged in I realised my windows changed certain graphics settings on its on When i open a normal windows explorer folder the window opens damn slowly All the double clicking of folders start menu all fades in slowly I searched online So i changed some settings to quot disable animations when opening windows Frustrated - Slow load at "Starting windows" quot or something it is ok Then i log in my game my game crashed I reckon i got to update my graphics driver so i downloaded latest from nvidia website Then i remember that i got an external palit gx card I remove the VGA cable from onboard and plug it to the palit gx card So now i have monitor on graphics card I reboot It didn't work Everything is slow still I immediately removed the nd monitor and REBOOTED again Still same slow I try restoring my system to the point before i plugged in my nd monitor It didnt work From then on my windows boot really slowly and i cant play my game anymore BUT BUT BUT OCCASSIONALLY like striking ToTo or D the boot is fast and i can play my game again Just last week it went back to the slow-motion AGAIn I searched online and found similar articles on quot Computer freeze at starting windows screen quot quot Slow startup and windows logo loads slow quot Some suggested it is cosair power supply causing the problem mine's andyson so i ruled it out some suggested it is some legacy USB settings in bios some said the ACPI or dont know what settings I just did a clean reformatting of windows last night Still the slow boot is there I now ruled out all cases that drivers are causing it and suspected it should be the bios or some faulty hardware or USB port or settings or whatsoever I am bad with my bios So i dare not change any settings What does this sound to you guys Can help It is very frustrating when all i want is to enjoy my game and have a normal boot and peace of mind after work Please advice Really got no other choice but to type this long entry here in forum Last resort send it to some workshop to troubleshoot

A:Frustrated - Slow load at "Starting windows"

Have you actually tried downloading the latest graphics driver for your card? (You mentioned it, wasn't sure if you actually did it).

Then again, considering you said you tried a clean reformatting, it sounds like a hardware issue.

It could be your components getting a little hot, which is why sometimes it works (when they're cooler), maybe... When was the last time you blew off all the dust and stuff of your computer components? Can of compress air to clean away the junk will do.

Have you tried running the original monitor from your onboard graphics, on its own?

I could be mistaken, but I wouldn't think it has anything to do with your BIOS, if it worked fine before but only just started acting up, with the only change being to run dual monitors (which worked fine in the first place).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/frustrated-slow-load-at-starting-windows-590433.html
Relevancy 98.47%

What does this mean when I turned on the computer: "Windows
cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted. Contact your
administrator" And the next window said "Windows cannot find the local file ad
is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this file will
be lost when you log off" How can I fix this problem?
This happened after my computer froze and then I restarted it.
Please help.
Thank you very much

A:[Resolved] "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-windows-cannot-load-your-profile-because-it-may-be-corrupted.215275/
Relevancy 98.47%

Whenever I click on My Computer it takes at least couple of minutes to load, it is getting really annoying. I unistalled all the anti-virus software and most of the peripheral devices such as the printer and scanner but that had no effect. Everything else seems to be functioning relatively fine. Any suggestions? Besides taking my own life out of frustration...

A:"My Computer" windows takes FOREVER to load...

Funkin,

You need to post your system specs: and tell us what OS and service packs you are running.

Did this problem just start to happen? Have you recently installed any new software, like Norton AV 2005? Have you added any new hardware recently, especially a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, HDD or Floppy?

Have you noticed any errors lately that were similar to this; "Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure"?

After you click on "My Computer" and while it is still loading, try opening "Task manager" (Ctrl+Shift+Esacpe) and check the processes to see if any of them are taking an unusually large amount of CPU resources.
"System Idle Process" usually runs at around 95-99, so ignore that one, if anything else is that high post it here, or if you know what program it is, try uninstalling it.

Take all CD's out of the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives and then try opening "My Computer" dose it open any faster with no CD's in the drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-windows-takes-forever-to-load.312844/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello,

A few days ago my laptop was invaded with viruses, so I decided to restore the backup I made months ago. The problem is, every it enters windows, it keeps "preparing your windows", after it is "prepared", the desktop has nothing but empty desktop, it won't let me do anything at all. How can I fix this? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium OEM 32-bit. Thank you.

A:Windows 7 keeps "Preparing your desktop", won't load any applications

you need to reinstall windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-keeps-preparing-your-desktop-wont-load-any-applications-536856.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi there, I am running windows Vista. When I turn the computer on it stops at the screen where there is the windows vista background and the words "Loading".
I'm not sure what information I should post here, so if you think you can help me just ask me what you would like me to tell you about the situation and I will reply quickly - hopefully.
Thanks for your time and effort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-past-loading-screen.852700/
Relevancy 98.47%

Upon start-up, two options are given: "Start Windows Normally" or "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)".
If the Start Windows Normally option is chosen, then the starting windows screen comes up and stays. If I launch the startup repair option, then I still can not get the problem fixed.
From the Startup Repair Screen however, I can launch command prompt and restore options, how can I fix this, a restore is not really an option because I have not set up a restore point in a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you in advance.

A:Won't load past "Starting Windows" screen

It's possible that you can't access the actual startup repairs from within Windows itself. You might have to boot from either an installation disk or a previously made system repair disk. And it might take running the startup repair 3 times before all issues are fixed.

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234388-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi Got a HP Compaq s XP SP here and i m either getting the above message at the login screen or the laptop freezes not allowing to click on the user to login with I can login with safe mode as an admin or into the desired profile Unfortunately i don t really know what to do after that Hoping someone has an idea of where to go from here So far i ve logged into the the profile in safe-mode and run IoBit which found threats which have been removed to no avail Also ran msconfig and disabled all startup programs also to no avail Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes "Windows locally stored cannot load the profile..." C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile..." system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home alot com client id B sion R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search alot com sidebar pr as sion R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search alot com web q amp pr aut sion R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspx O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item... Read more

Relevancy 98.47%

Ok Well i didnt see what happend my brother was useing the computer but he said it flashed something about a trojen and then restarted When it restarts it loads like it has a problem so i have to click start windows normally i've tryed all safe mode opitions load. Xp Wont Windows Screen" "Black it loads shes xp load screen then when it goes to load the desk top its just a black screen no buttons do anything nor does right clicking its like it stops loading and just sits at this black screen now in safe mode it has the normal things all around it like Safe mode windows xp what build it is and that stuff but the screen is still black and not doing anything at all I dont have my Hp recovery disks and i think if i did i could just run a repair recovery but i dont have them Please help its the best comp Windows Xp Wont load. "Black Screen" i have the one i'm using is like windows haha help please and thank Windows Xp Wont load. "Black Screen" you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-xp-wont-load-black-screen-343620.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi all I am trying to install a oem copy of windows bit onto my desktop using a microsoft install dvd Driver" Windows 8 Install Media "Load I've installed xp vista and windows onto it without any issues whatsoever however when trying to install windows I keep getting an error in windows setup that states the following Load Driver A media driver your computer needs is missing This could be a DVD USP or Hard disk driver If you have a CD DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it please insert it now Since I'm using an actual microsoft disc and the hash checks out okay I'm not really sure how to proceed as it doesn't seem to be the disc image I tried searching the forum but the solutions I've come across are vague and usually relate to USB VMware installs instead of using a retail DVD Does anyone have any solutions on how I can get Windows 8 Install "Load Media Driver" past this error Thanks -Alan My system EVGA Z FTW Mobo updated firmware bios Intel k CPU Antec Quattro PSU Kingston HyperX K SSD EVGA GTX GB GPU LG M-Disc Super Multi DVD CD Reader Burner

A:Windows 8 Install "Load Media Driver"

Do you have an external DVD player? Try with that . the same thing happened to me just last night when I tried to install on my Lenovo notebook (4 yrs. old) Same exact message. Using external player worked for me. EDIT: internal player works now. Win 8 must have the correct driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18626-windows-8-install-load-media-driver.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 98.04%

windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
I am using windows 7 64 bit
I cannot install any important updates and haven't been since 8/2010

A:windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

These links from Microsoft Support will help you up....
Link 1
Link 2

PLZ go through these support links and do reply if the problem is solved......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-windowsupdate_80070bc9-windowsupdate_dt000.983122/