Windows Support Forum

Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

Q: Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

I have had a number of Windows updates and each time the PC has crashed when they have tried to be installed.

Today I tried again and allowed one installation KB 979306. This failed to install and I got an error code 8024200D. The update that caused the crash was KB 979099. These are both classed as important.

Any ideas what I should do or what the problem may be?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

Make sure you have already installed Application Compatbility Updates from both sites:
1)The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
2)August 2009 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

If not please do that and next try again install KB979099

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/271039-windows-update-causes-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m starting a new thread as it seems my problems have escalated Here s the link to my first thread http forums techguy org all-other-software -windows-explorer-error html So I m in the middle of installing in Windows Crash XP Update a Microsoft Windows XP update from XP Crash in Windows Update the Microsoft website and I get a blue screen It says something about a problem occurring XP Crash in Windows Update that has caused XP Crash in Windows Update Windows to shut down It says something about checking for BIOS updates and disabling caching and shadowing It then says STOP x E xC xF EO OxB C x sr sys - Address F E base at F F Date Stamp cde Physical Memory Dump Complete I had to shut the power down and restart the computer which seemed to go OK I then got a box that says Windows has recovered from a serious error Under technical info it says BCCode e BCP C BCP F E BCP B C BCP OSVer SP Product I m not really sure what I should be doing here Should I try reinstalling the updates nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
Recently after activating my copy of Home Premium x64 a dialog box has been popping up saying that the automatic updates has stopped working. If I press close the program the dialog box comes back about half a minute later. The details of the crash are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wuauclt.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4791a227
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2ea1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000100000002d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2ea1
Additional Information 2: 0411f401154786662c220fbfdaf8b4f5
Additional Information 3: 16ba
Additional Information 4: 954b39dd611850a61426512ac5220bbc
I had to also change the date to get the activation to work as the computer was a few months behind. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

I know you guys are busy, but I cannot locate a fix for this.  Windows Update will not update.  It reads"0 of XXXKb" downloading, but never gets beyond that. I use three browsers because I hate Interent Explorer, but each crashes.  Comodo Dragon and Ice Dragon, Mozilla Firefox.  They simply crash.  Internet Explorer needs to be updated, but it took over ten minutes and still did not install. Windows Security Essentials stop working on their own. One more thing: my system is slow.  I've upgraded to a new motherboard and installed 16GB or RAM, but it is actually slower than the previous build. Any help would be appreciated. Cass

A:Windows Won't Update and Browsers Crash

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619704/windows-wont-update-and-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 50.74%

I just had a blue screen crash during the latest Windows Update install. It was an update of the Bit Defender definitions. Windows downloaded the update, created a restore point and then crashed during the installation.

I used BlueScreenView and took screen caps of the information pertaining to this particular crash. I was previously plagued with blue screen crashes, but haven't had one in a month after disabling Teredo Tunneling and uninstalling Zone Alarm, using the built-in firewall instead. I can post the mini-dump if my bluescreenview screen caps don't contain enough of the information. (I didn't include them now because most of it is from previous issues that I think were resolved a month ago.)

It may just be an issue with the automatic restart after the Update was installed. I think that may have happened once before.

Should I be concerned about this?

A:Crash during Windows Update Install

Please post the information from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99569-crash-during-windows-update-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm stumped here I have a client who has a Dell Optiplex running XP Pro She received an error when trying to print about the Print Spooler service not running I checked services and it was even stopped started and rebooted Nothing So then I searched around and found a suggested fix by going to System gt Advanced gt (windows wuauclt.exe XP crash update) on Performance Settings and setting the Data Execution Prevention to the spooler service exe under the Windows directory I rebooted and upon logging in received a wuauclt exe had a problem and had to close error Past that the desktop wall paper would load but no task bar and no icons Does the same thing under safe mode except no wallpaper just a black screen with the safe mode notification and build info at the screen edges I understand wuauclt exe has something to do with Windows Update So then I did a Windows Repair It ran fine but on reboot received a BSOD referencing a stop at C I can occasionally still get XP crash on wuauclt.exe (windows update) to the login but still get the wuauclt exe crash and then it stops at loading the wallpaper or black in safemode My user says the only thing she did this morning prior to the problem was downloaded and installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader update that popped up As much as I'd like to blame that I think it had something to do with setting the DEP but now I can't even get in to change it Any ideas

A:XP crash on wuauclt.exe (windows update)

Looks like everyone was stumped. Turns out the wuacult.exe file was infected with worm.autorun. Found it with Malwarebytes and removed. However, fixing it trashed the system and it was not recoverable. Had to reinstall. Client had NO antivirus installed and uses the Outlook Reading Pane. Or did, I think she finally learned her lesson.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-crash-on-wuauclt-exe-windows-update-369117.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My friends got me to do an overnight quot upgrade quot to Windows and it all went well except all games freeze VERY often Around every minutes every game ranging from Smite to Sid Meier s Civilization to Dungeon Defenders all freeze up The only thing that could unfreeze my games was to Ctrl Alt Del out and then the game would magically start again Occasionally however my entire computer would just hard freeze and nothing would fix it I got tired of Windows really fast as a result so I went back to Windows and the problem persists My NVIDIA drivers are up to date I contacted NVIDIA Customer Support as well as Microsoft Customer Support None could help but Microsoft customer support was especially useless because the representative thought I talking about my Xbox the entire time I am not tech savvy at all so this is very frustrating Nonetheless I think some obscure hardware piece might overheated due to being left on all night in a musty crash games my to 10? Windows All after update room I never had this problem before upgrading to Windows Any help will be appreciated PS Should this type of problem even go under hardware It could be a fault operating system couldn t it This is my first post on All my games crash after update to Windows 10? these forums so I could be posting incorrectly Bear with me please My Specs- http puu sh jSwAh dd f aa png nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-my-games-crash-after-update-to-windows-10.1154766/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have no sound after updating from a computer crash about two weeks ago There was sound before I updated from windows update and then nothing I have researched all over after crash/update, Windows No XP etc! in sound the internet to find a way to reverse the effects to no avail I have uninstalled the device and reinstalled it with driver updates without driver updates without drivers thus allowing No sound in Windows XP after crash/update, etc! windows to find the drivers and install them I have gone online to various sites to update all the drivers involved including the codecs Then I uninstalled XP professional yes I had Professional and Home versions of XP because I read somewhere that may be the cause of the problem No sound I have updated Windows Media Player to no avail I have updated Real Player to no avail The installed device is Modem for playback and record There are no speakers installed supposedly and there is no way to adjust the volume because nothing is installed to adjust Do I sound frustrated and sarcastic You bet I have been trying to get my sound back for more than two weeks I have seen other posts on this site that I have tried to no avail I have cleared my registry several times and cookies temporary files etc Nothing has worked Any help would greatly appreciated Please feel free to ask questions because I have done so much stuff that I can remember all of it Oh yeah I have run the troubleshooter so many times that I have practically memorized it Thanks for anything you can do to help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

last night we had a heap of updates and today I can only get the computer to come up with things like start at last operating position or safe start etc but no matter what I do it just restarts over and over again.
I tried the windows disc but it starts to fix but nothing happens

A:xp windows update crash computer

Boot the computer with the XP CD in. Press R to get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /F and press enter. Check Disk will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-windows-update-crash-computer-670091.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Lenovo is running on Windows 8, and it freezes randomly with the times being every month or two. I looked up this problem and it said that it was something to do with after BIOS and all other drivers are updated, the HDD is defective (link here). The person giving the report also said that the problem occurred when she was running Windows 7.
My question is: Would the same effect happen in Windows 8?

A:Update from Windows 8 Causing my PC to Crash?

It would be worth running Lenovo PC Doctor & calling Lenovo support with the report.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24414-update-windows-8-causing-my-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i have vista home premium 64bit sp1, think it started when activating windows update, i didnt want to install an active control, chose another method thats when i got blue screen system shutdown and i see this irql not less or equal..

windows update wasnt able to find any updates, so i went back to activating windows installed the active control, now im able to check for updates.

only thing is when i try installing the updates, it just tries to install but nothing is installing, then blue screen shutdown, how can i get the updates to install? appreaciate any help..

A:windows update crash when downloading

irql not less or equal

This commands mean unindetefied conflict with drivers or hardware

We need more details to diagnose.Pack the whole C:\Windows\Minidump folder and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/251793-windows-update-crash-when-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.74%

after installing the windows updates this week on my winxp sp3 laptop i discovered that with plugging in the usb mouse the system crashes and goes into a continual reboot, it does flash a bsod when crashing but isn't up long enough to read one word of it. when i unplug the mouse the laptop boots up fine but as soon as i plug the mouse in it crashes. I'm happy that it appears that plugging in a flash drive doesn't cause it to crash. Can anyone recommend a route for me to take to hopefully correct this? I tried different mice and each crashes the system with the repeated reboot. thanks for any help.

A:mouse crash after windows update

Welcome back to TSF

Lets make sure its the update that is causing this. Recently Microsoft has urgently pushed out a remote-code exploit that could spread rapidly like the 2003 MSBlaster worm. Read below:

Quote:

A remote-code exploit that could spread rapidly like the 2003 MSBlaster worm is putting all versions of Windows at risk.
Rare out-of-cycle patch emphasizes the risk

With little warning, Microsoft released yesterday an unscheduled or "out-of-cycle" patch for a highly critical vulnerability that affects all versions of Windows. Security bulletin MS08-067 (patch 958644) was posted to warn of a remote-code attack that could spread wildly across the Internet.

Microsoft says it found evidence two weeks ago of an RPC (remote procedure call) attack that can potentially infect Windows machines across the Net with no user action required.

Windows Server 2003, 2000, and XP (even with Service Pack 2 or 3 installed) are particularly vulnerable. Vista and Server 2008 gain some protection via User Account Control, data-execution protection, and other safeguards, as explained in an article by Dan Goodin in the Register.

While firewalls are a first line of defense against this attack, don't think you're secure just because you have a firewall. Malware and viruses use many different techniques to wiggle their way into our systems.

For example, my office's networks are protected by firewalls on the outside, but inside the network, PCs have file and printer sharing enabled. If a worm got loose inside the office network (and the patch hadn't been installed), the attack would spread like wildfire.

Many antivirus vendors have already issued definition updates that protect against this attack. Your antivirus program, however, may not protect you completely even if your AV definitions are up-to-date. Early reports indicate that there are already nine different strains of viruses trying to take advantage of this vulnerability. We can expect more to come, so even the best AV application may not be able to update fast enough.

I've tested this patch and have had no problems applying it. I strongly urge you to download and install this patch manually. Restart your PC before installing any patch to verify that your machine is bootable. Then be sure to reboot again after installing the patch, so the patched binaries completely replace the vulnerable components.

To get your patch read more here
http://WindowsSecrets.com/comp/081024

There were some interesting links about this patch , some people having problems with it .Look at this:

(KB958644)
http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg01873.html
and
http://gosublogger.com/2008/10/micro...8-067-updates/
and update (KB958644)

Reboot and let me know if it resolved the issue at hand
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1060895.htm

So my suggestion to you is go to Add/Remove Programs, make sure updates are checked to be shown and remove the update (KB958644)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-crash-after-windows-update-306342.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Any time I go to Tools gt Windows update IE Crash's I click the send report but it doesnt provide me any data that might help I also get the same problem when trying to load the AOL webmail page Both will work maybe out of times Ive googled this and not able to find much helpfil info Any help is appreciated If I check details it says the following file is included in the error report B appcompat txt Code lt DATABASE gt lt EXE page to update IE Crash's WIndows going when 6 NAME quot iexplore exe quot IE 6 Crash's when going to WIndows update page FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot hmmapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C DA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x DE quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iexplore exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xF A D F quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x A quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x AA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn exe quot SIZE quot q... Read more

A:IE 6 Crash's when going to WIndows update page

I would suggest to reset your IE to default settings.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-crashs-when-going-to-windows-update-page-292627.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I hope someone can help me Windows did an update a couple of days ago and I ve had nothing but problems since I managed by some miracle to get out crash so windows problems many after update of the continuous reboot loop and get Windows to load after days of so many problems after windows update crash trying but now am getting a couple of errors and issues I just can t seem to resolve I have a Lenovo Laptop with Vista home premium processor Intel Core Duo CPU email protected Ram memory GB system type -bit operating system The first problem is When I boot the laptop I get the following error box Windows exe - NET framework Initialization Error To run this application you must first install one of the following versions of the NET framework v I m not sure what thats about or how to fix it The second problem is I want to have Windows do a backup of my files but when I try I get the following error Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error x A Please try again Finally even though programs seem to be running fine on the computer itself anything to do with being online takes forever now Even getting this forum to load took a couple of hours downloading files are as a snails pace I am using a cricket USB modem and normally have very fast online access responses I tried uninstalling the cricket software as well as the google chrome browser and re-installing but that hasn t helped Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix any of these issues please Thanks in advance Because it s a Lenovo it SEEMS their One Touch Recovery software i do not like it keeps windows from setting normal Windows recovery points nbsp

A:so many problems after windows update crash

Have you tried Windows "System Restore"? You should see the Update restore point to take it back prior to the updates.
Also, you could try installing the .net framework here..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

Good luck, and I'm sure someone else with more experience will be along to help you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-many-problems-after-windows-update-crash.980513/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

Just updated to Update 1 on Win 8.1 on two machines. When I open the PC Settings App from Start Screen or Taskbar all the options are ok except PC and devices. When I select this on the app menu the app crashes back to the desktop. Anyone suggest a fix I suspect it's the new Drive Manager in that menu option. Other machine works fine with this option. Any Fixes?

Tim

A:Windows 8.1 Update 1, PC Settings, PC and Devices crash

Further investigation shows that if I create a new local account the app works fine and I can access the Device Settings etc. I tried deleting my main MS account off the machine and re-creating it but got myself in a bit of a mess so restored from a system image a few days ago. Is there a troubleshooting list somewhere. I seem to have found it on this site the other day but lost it again?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44100-windows-8-1-update-1-pc-settings-pc-devices-crash.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I've recently installed a Compiler IDE I want avoid telling IDE name becouse my question is not related on it and it worked well But crash Compiler how update, IDE to clean windows after after installing SP and SP package of this Complier IDE it crash after creating a new project or opening a project I've uninstalled this IDE and reinstalled it without any additional SP packs likes in the first installation but now it crashes in the same point like happened with SP packages Here what's happend Installed Complier IDE Working Installed Complier IDE SP Installed Complier IDE SP Stopped working and crash Uninstalled Installed Complier IDE SP Installed Complier IDE without SP and SP Complier IDE's Stopped working and crash I suppose that Complier IDE's SP and SP changed something in Windows System that cause this error My question is how can I restore Windows Setting Registers Files to be able to run again this software excluding format What've tryed Uninstall Compiler IDE Delete all folders of Compiler IDE in Compiler IDE crash after update, how to clean windows - C - C Programs - C User User Name AppData Local LocalLow Roaming - C User User Name Documents Running CCleaner Manually remove all registers with Compliler IDE's name from RegEdit I wanted to try also Image System restore but my oldest Image System is when program doesn't work Any suggest I also wanted to try a Virtual Machine to avid format PC but it'll slow system any alternatives

A:Compiler IDE crash after update, how to clean windows

Try uninstalling it with something more powerful like Revo uninstaller.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Select Advanced Option > Select All and Delete All (both scans)

This will help find any leftover files from the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365324-compiler-ide-crash-after-update-how-clean-windows.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am finding a problem in which after some windows updates, all attempts to play media (any music or video file) will just freeze the application (doesn't matter which player used- even the windows startup and exit won't play the WAV sounds, and my browser will crash if i try and watch an FLV file), i always manage to fix it by restoring to before the update.

I am running a DELL 17 Studio laptop about 1 year old, Windows Home premium 7, 64-bit. I am not that technical so please don't ask questions about my hardware (as it's clearly an O/S issue),

Best regards
David

A:Playing any media causes crash after Windows Update

David,,enter cmd and type chkdsk/f and see if you pick up any errors...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119428-playing-any-media-causes-crash-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my name is Ken Carrier and I am new to the forums. I am currently having a problem with SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL crashing when the computer starts. It seems that when any programs tries to update the svchost.exe crashes and the system becomes unusable. If there is anyone out there who can help me I would really appreciate it.

A:Windows Update Causes Crash SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL

Hi .System manufacturer and model? What SP is installed?<<I am currently having a problem with SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL crashing...>>What are the exact, full error messages, please?<<It seems that when any programs tries to update the svchost.exe crashes and the system becomes unusable.>>Seems unlikely that "any" program would trigger svchost.exe symptoms...since svchost.exe is used by various programs/functions. Have you tried using Process Explorer to get more specific details on which svchost process might be the problem?How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/list-services-running-under-svchost.exe-process/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329746/windows-update-causes-crash-svchostexe-ntdlldll/
Relevancy 49.88%

Did anyone else suffer a crash after installing windows updates on 1-11-11?  I have a desktop computer and a laptop, and they both crashed after installing the updates.  They both went in to system restore mode and spent several minutes
trying to fix the problem before finally rebooting and coming out of the crash.  Both times a message came up afterward saying windows had suffered a major problem.  On both occasions the norton anti-virus and firewalls had been disabled on
reboot.  At first I thought it might be a virus on my desktop, but it was weird how the exact same thing happened on my laptop.  Any clue as to what caused it?  Is it possible to have updates do that to your system? Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a0aab1e-48e0-4b8c-b105-a276200c0953/windows-update-caused-system-crash?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all So my pc had started downloading updates and a few minutes later my system hung Desktop showed on monitor but mouse didn't move cursor hitting keys did nothing including good old alt ctrl del So I waited a minute to make sure it wouldn't recover and hit reset On windows startup it installed some of the updates Update after updates fails to crash download Windows it had started downloading before the crash However when I got into windows it said there were updates ready for download but whenever I try Windows Update fails to download updates after crash to download those I get an error Code B Windows Update encountered an unknown error Googling this I saw a suggestion to download and run System Update Readiness Tool Checksur exe which I did but still got the same error So I tried to do a system restore to the day before that crash still no go So I tried downloading the updates manually and install them but then I get told quot The update is not applicable to your computer quot So pardon my french but what the hell should I do I really really really don't want to reinstall windows PS Updates that fail are KB KB and KB

A:Windows Update fails to download updates after crash

Hello Valle, welcome to SF!

This sometimes happens when, for some reason, things are not updated in the right order. There are loads of other reasons but for me this is the most common.

Did you take a look at: Windows Update - Reset

It can help you reset the update history and put in what you want in the order advised.

Sometimes you don't want a specific update. That is when you use this: Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

Post back if you need more...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176382-windows-update-fails-download-updates-after-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

Installed a new motherboard and everything went well with that untill I start updating windows. Windows downlaods all the updates then does a restart and on the restart I get the blue screen of death. Please help. Many Thanks in advance.

A:Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

Hello powerade,

► This is one, VIRTU LucidInterop WDDM Driver by LucidLogix

Code:
fffff880`04a12090 fffff880`03fd6900Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtuWDDM.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VirtuWDDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VirtuWDDM.sys
VirtuWDDM+0xe900
Try to upload the driver from lucidlogix with GPU Solution.

► Intel HD Graphics Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffe0, 2, 1, fffff8000316c99c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+a376f )

Followup: MachineOwner
Update it from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx.

Do the changes and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257806-fresh-install-large-windows-update-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've got two problems one is about Windows Update and one is about random error reporting windows It's just a few days ago when I went to bad at about am it kept telling me that it automatically downloaded the problems Error Reporting Windows and Crash Update updates without my permission and if I wanted to quot Postpone quot or Restart Of course I just kept clicking Postpone but eventually I saw a little selectable field asking me how long I want it to wait for it Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems to ask me again so I clicked for it remind me in four hours But then I Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems decided to go to bed but when I clicked Shut Down when I clicked the little arrow next to it so it doesn't install updates I expected it not to try and update but you know what happens next I went to bed as normal but for some reason the computer didn't turn off I went to take a look and what was it doing that I specificly told it not to do It was installing updates So I wait it out then ages later I get up again to check and it was on my desktop again whilst I was expecting it to Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems turn off So my big problem here is Windows Updates how do I shut this mofo up Second little problem is crash error reporting I don't know why it keeps showing up When I let my computer just start up all the problems I get an added window from crash error reporting saying something about Task Manager when I never even touched it It does this when I close Firefox too It may seem like a little problem but it's actually very annoying and I think it takes tiny bits of space too on the hard drive I'd very much appreciate some help thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-error-reporting-and-windows-update-problems-268463.html
Relevancy 49.45%

While in Internet Explorer, my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit system froze.
I had to hard reboot it and tried to get into System Restore. I could not type into the command line or open Control Panel. This went on for 2 hours.

Somehow I got into System Restore and restored to before a Windows Update for:

definition update for windows defender - kb915597 (Definition 1.191.3347.0)

Seems OK now, but would like to know what happened.

Any ideas?
cb

A:Crash After definition update for windows defender - kb915597

Try the update again. Sometimes it just fouls out, but rarely.

Make sure you have System Restore turned on and plenty of disk space apportioned to it: System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage

If necessary you can always access System Restore from System Recovery Options by the various methods shown. I'd make my System Repair Disk if you don't have the Win7 installation media to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359842-crash-after-definition-update-windows-defender-kb915597.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Rebootedmy laptop after latest Windows 7 updates. While closing it started installing latest service pack. Next time I looked at screen it had gone to a black screen scrolling white text. Each line is 'Recovering orphaned file xxxxx into directory xxxxx' has been doinng this continuously for an hour now with 2 or 3 occasional half second pauses. Any ideas what is happening and what I should do next?

A:Windows 7 update crash now getting recovering orphaned files

DO NOT MESS WITH IT!!!

IT is running chkdsk, which means your filesystem is corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-update-crash-now-getting-recovering-orphaned-files.1021882/
Relevancy 49.45%

I usually can figure stuff out through google but these problems have absolutely floored me. I have not been able to update Windows in quite some time. It claims it was never updated. I also cannot manually update Microsoft Security Essentials though it does seem to automatically update regularly. I've tried just about every suggestion on the net and nothing is working.

Then when updating my iPhone to the new iOS, the update crashed and now my phone can't even be restored through iTunes -- this may be possibly be caused by outdated Windows.

It's driving me insane. My phone is ruined, I can't update my stuff properly. What the hell? Please help!

A:Windows will not update (may also be causing iPhone crash with iTunes)

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarusbreathes

I usually can figure stuff out through google but these problems have absolutely floored me. I have not been able to update Windows in quite some time. It claims it was never updated. I also cannot manually update Microsoft Security Essentials though it does seem to automatically update regularly. I've tried just about every suggestion on the net and nothing is working.

Then when updating my iPhone to the new iOS, the update crashed and now my phone can't even be restored through iTunes -- this may be possibly be caused by outdated Windows.

It's driving me insane. My phone is ruined, I can't update my stuff properly. What the hell? Please help!

I solved it. Found a batch file through google, ran it and it slowly got my updates working again, then uninstalled all iTunes components again, reinstalled, and uninstalled the broken Apple drivers in device manager and it worked. YES!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-will-not-update-may-also-be-causing-iphone-crash-with-itunes-645479.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Had just downloaded auto update for .net framework on 3.07.13.
System totally locked.
Help.
Safe mode OK.

A:[SOLVED] Vista Crash After Windows Automatic Update.

Just perform a system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-crash-after-windows-automatic-update-701589.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there any solution to constant system failure to a level where the blue screen turns up and laptop can't be even turned on, after every system update?

I've checked the drivers and everything, but since the big update pack somewhere in March every update ends up in system failure. And the restore points before the updates are useless, because system doesn't recognize them.

After the second time this has happened and I've lost all the files that has not been backed up on hard drive I really start to think is there something wrong to Lenovo and Windows 7 combination?

I almost start to regret that I have legal version with update option.

A:System crash after every attempt to update Windows 7 64 bit on Lenovo

* It would be very helpful if we had your System Specs to know what we are dealing with...
System Info - See Your System Specs

* Have you received any error messages?

* Have you a Win 7 disk?

* IF you are having Blue Screens of Death

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229872-system-crash-after-every-attempt-update-windows-7-64-bit-lenovo.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've been struggling with my PC for a few weeks now and everything I've done to fix it seems to make it worse First things were just hanging sometimes with a notice of quot Not Responding quot but often with no error message at all Noticed first on Secunia PSI Outlook and Firefox Windows Updates started failing All DISM - Update, Windows sfc, Crash/hang/freeze Failed: I use Advanced System Care Pro and ran all the ordinary scans I updated and ran Malwarebytes no malicious items found Windows Defender updates have been successful so I ran that a few times with no issues found CHKDSK in Admin Command box ran without issue Sometimes it takes minutes to open Task Manager or File Explorer I am trying to make sure I have backups Crash/hang/freeze - All Failed: Windows Update, sfc, DISM current because I fear I might have to Refresh the system and I am very concerned about losing Outlook data and losing other desktop program data I disabled Windows Updates and switched to Clean Boot which seems to make rebooting a bit faster takes about minutes instead of an hour At the advice of a Microsoft Tech I ran sfc scannow in clean boot First time it finished verifying then couldn't finish Next times I tried to run it it just froze without error messages even after many hours So I tried to run DISM according to tutorial on this website got Error I ran the SF Debug Tool and tried and failed at attaching the zip file here The box opened for attaching it but nothing loaded Chrome seems to be working very slowly at the moment Fortunately I have a smartphone to look up tech help when the computer is not cooperating

A:Crash/hang/freeze - All Failed: Windows Update, sfc, DISM

Shockwave Flash crashes when I try to upload the .zip file.

edited to add: I think I got it to upload:
Attachment 54130

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57313-crash-hang-freeze-all-failed-windows-update-sfc-dism.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m asking this on behalf of a friend He has a new server bit hardware with nForce chipset I can get ANY crash Server after Explorer update 64bit 2003 windows exact specs if needed Also has Server Enterprise SP v x which is the quot educational quot version It comes via the MS academy server or something In any case so he Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit has all this bit stuff right He also Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit loaded Nvidia s bit nForce set Now there is no other software on this accept the one program which this whole thing was built for It required hardware and software There is no antivirus or antispyware or rd party stuff etc The problem was first seen when this program said it required NET Well big deal he goes on Windows updates sees the updates but after they install explorer can t run any more It crashes But if he uninstalls the update it works again He tried a whole handfull of updates at a time but any update he does explorer is crashing upon restart and the update has to be uninstalled So he can t load updates or NET framework Here is the error log entry that happens after any update is applied Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer THISONE Description Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module kernel dll version fault address x b For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure exp c f e lorer ex e e e e e b e in kerne c e c c l dll e e e at f offset b When the update is removed it works fine when ANY update is applied it crashes Very weird and neither of us can find any useful info whilst googling Any ideas nbsp

A:Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit

It seems that the version he installed was a slightly earlier version with a beta Service Pack 1.
He was not able to find a full install of x64 Service Pack 1, so could not reload it, or put on SP2 or anything. He ended up having to use the trial version of the real Server 2003 (for now), and that worked fine. So there was something wrong with that install or more likely with the beta SP1 it came with.

So for now, if you have this problem, check your Service Pack version!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-crash-after-any-windows-update-server-2003-64bit.58088/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Team I am unable to update my windows bit home premium due to the above error mentioned Went through the steps of help below but I cannot find SQL Server VSS Writer program installed in my system please let me know where to find this program to download and install Crash Update to 780 Windows - Blue leading error Screen it Due to this update issue i'm seeing the blue Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash screen crash of the OS Please help me out how to resolve this issue Windows Update error If you receive error when you try to install Windows updates Windows was unable to start the SQL Server VSS Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash Writer service To fix this problem follow these steps Check the SQL Server VSS Writer service startup type Click to open Administrative Tools Double-click Services Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation type the password or provide confirmation Right-click SQL Server VSS Writer and then click Properties On the General tab make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic or Manual If the SQL Server VSS Writer Service Startup type is already set to Automatic or Manual follow the steps in the next procedure Review the SQL Server summary log Open the SQL Server summary log to determine which other services can't be started The log is located at programfile Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap Log Hotfix For every service listed in the log file that didn't start follow the steps under quot Check the SQL Server VSS Writer Service startup type quot above replacing SQL Server VSS Writer with the service listed in the file Error codes this applies to WindowsUpdate WindowsUpdate x Regards Anurag

A:Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284529-windows-update-error-780-leading-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently I updated my Windows with the Anniversary update Since then Visual Studio crashes like crazy and some of the programs are not working Here are the crash errors Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot NET Runtime quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt 10 Update Anniversary 2015 Studio Windows on Crash Visual Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update Application devenv Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System TypeLoadException at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL DebuggerHost VirtualAppDomain get DebuggerTypeUniverse at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL DebuggerHost GlobalContext Dispose Boolean at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL VisualStudioHost VSGlobalContext Dispose Boolean at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL VisualStudioHost Interpreter Destroy at VSDebugEngine ClrInspector VilHelper Dispose at VSDebugEngine ClrInspector VilHelper OnClose at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataItem InvokeOnClose XapiComponentInfo Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataItem at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataContainer OnCloseNativeObject XapiComponentInfo at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataContainer Callback OnCloseNativeObject IntPtr XapiComponentInfo lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- And Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt devenv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d lt Data gt lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d c lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d f c f dde lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE devenv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS System KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt f cb c-e f- c -bd e- ddcaa fb c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b f lt Data gt lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d c lt Data gt lt Data gt cc lt Data gt lt Data gt d f d aa lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer v b f f f d a a Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer dll lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS System KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt d ce e -ade - -bb e- dfebb b e lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------... Read more

A:Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Applications don't always migrate correctly to a new build. So sometimes, you are forced to re-install them.

This is not a problem with "the new windows", it's a problem with the app migration during the upgrade. Re-installing makes things correct again.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/60739-visual-studio-2015-crash-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An   issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page.    Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically   diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair   many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics   Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues   that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for   easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH  CONNECTION.  HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,

So yesterday Windows 8 prompted me that my system was going to shutdown in 15 minutes in order to apply updates that had prior been downloaded, which was fine. It shutdown, and when it restarted it look longer than usual to get past the Lenovo screen. Eventually it said I'd have to run automatic repair to fix boot issues - so I did. That failed and it said I'd have to system restore, so I did - which also failed. I then restarted the computer, and now I get to the login screen, I press enter to get the password box up, but the screen is blank. I have the accessibility options button and the power off buttons in the bottom left and right respectively, but nowhere to enter my password in order to login.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56524-windows-8-crash-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently had to replace HDD due to HDD crash. Cloning procedure performed OK, be it slowly, but the replacement booted fine. However when I try to update MSE I get the "Virus and Spyware definitions could be updated" warning and the the error code reported is 0xc8000247. Windows Update gives me a warning that "the service is not currently running. You may need to restart the computer." I've restarted and I get the same warnings. I've tried "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab" and it runs and takes a long while. Each time I get different results from all green check marks to some red x. It doesn't seem to fix anything. I've been working at this for 2+ days researching the net and nothing seems to be the winning fix. I'm looking for any suggestions. I'm willing to go back to square one with suggestions as to a fix. Please help. Where do I start.

A:Cannot update MSE and Microsoft Update after recet HDD crash

Please view the first post in Updates and Activations issued by Brink and post the requested files, Please read the instructions carefully if the Log sizes cause a download failure.

I will request that this post is moved to the correct sub-forum.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381243-cannot-update-mse-microsoft-update-after-recet-hdd-crash.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok so normally I can fix most any bug on my computer and it's not a big deal for me But this one sucks and it has been a problem 7 3-5 HJT Incl: mins Process log & @ current crash crash. full list Windows after / for about a month now I have tried over a dozen different quot fixes quot from over different blog sites with no real solution to my problem I am running Win home premium w Gig ram Intel i on an Asus U F Here is a run down of what happens I log on windows starts normally windows runs for about - minutes with nothing wrong and then freezes The mouse is still movable but cannot open or close anything If task mgr is up and onscreen it will also freeze I have to hard-boot the system every time I am currently operating in Safe-mode w networking just to get on the web or do anything Safe-mode runs fine I just don't want to Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. use it forever Below are the processes running at Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. the time of crash Name Usage Path svchost C windows system svchost sys idle -- Trustedinstaller exe C windows servicing Trustedinstaller exe coreserviceshell exe C Programfiles TrendMicro AMSP coreserviceshell exe system C windows system ntoskrnl exe searchindexer exe C windows system searchindexer exe mbamservice exe C Programfiles x malwarebytes' antimalware mbamser taskmgr exe C windows system taskmgr exe conhost exe C windows system conhost exe csrss exe C windows system csrss exe I know most of these processes so they don't scare me however this is the first time I have seen quot conhost exe quot quot searchindexer exe quot or the system running quot ntoskrnl exe quot after boot up which I investigated to find that it should not be running at all after the boot process I would like to know if there is anything that sticks out like a sore thumb here Below is my HJT report as of this past week Is there anything here that dings any bells and whistles I'm still not skilled enough to know what I am looking at with one of these Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Asus MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Yahoo R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework ToolbarIE dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D ... Read more

A:Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash.

Hi Indyspark and welcome to TSF,

None of the processes sticks out, and are perfectly fine where they are.

Could you access the event log and see if there are any faults around the time that this issue appears? If so, what faults do you receive?

You could try running a "sfc /scannow" and a system repair aswell as restoring to a previously known working restore point, just as general "fixes".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-crash-after-3-5-mins-incl-process-list-and-full-current-hjt-log-crash-588347.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey My month and half old Acer V started to give BSOD's did some sort of recovery and started working again for a couple of hours if not trying to recovery total crash and BSOD crash/failure and windows access any Windows files If tried to look up error logs etc it gave different versions of the BSOF So I tried to run Recovery getting it back to factory settings and that's when Windows crashed completely I followed Acer customer support advice ordered recovery discs couldn't create BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure one because Windows crashed when trying it I got the recovery discs ran the recovery which ended up giving me failure because of quot missing image-something quot Another call to Acer and they told to run different recovery version from the puter That recovery end to a failure again After several restarts and what not windows started up again being slower than usual I'm now having constant problems losing internet connection I've had couple minidumbs and several issues with windows updater and such and these after machine should be back in the factory settings Anyhow here's the last log if anyone could take a look on it before I throw this machine to the wall

A:BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure

For starters:

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

In particular, start with the hard drive diagnostics as I suspect that is the problem.

Although there's only 2 memory dumps (it usually takes 4 or 5 to conclude if it's a hardware error or not) - the repeated failure of factory installs makes a hardware failure the most likely problem here. Please run the diagnostics that I suggested above and let us know the results.

There are a list of drivers that need updating (because the recovery media was made a while ago). Don't worry about them until you've finished the hardware diagnostics. If all the diagnostics pass, then update the drivers.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

NTIDrvr.sys Mon Apr 19 21:39:04 2010 (4BCD05B8)
NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver by NewTech Infosystems (likely a part of Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIDrvr.sys

UBHelper.sys Tue Jul 6 00:20:31 2010 (4C32AF0F)
NTI CD &DVD-Maker or NTI Backup NOW! or NTI CD-Maker by NewTech Infosystems (usually in Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=UBHelper.sys

mwlPSDFilter.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:11 2011 (4D8C404B)
EgisTec Inc. Fingerprint Biometrics
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDFilter.sys

mwlPSDNServ.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:13 2011 (4D8C404D)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDNServ.sys

mwlPSDVDisk.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:23 2011 (4D8C4057)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDVDisk.sys

k57nd60a.sys Wed Oct 19 16:17:36 2011 (4E9F3060)
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=k57nd60a.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu May 16 21:43:28.027 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-86156-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:17.757
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtSetSystemPowerState+878 )
BugCheck C000021A, {fffff8a004213bd0, ffffffffc000012f, fffff8a0001a3b60, 0}
BugCheck Info: WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8a004213bd0, String that identifies the problem.
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
Arg3: fffff8a0001a3b60
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc000021a_c000012f
PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc000021a_c000012f_nt!NtSetSystemPowerState
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu May 16 19:42:59.249 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-44187-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:34:29.979
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+23f50 )
BugCheck 7A, {4, 0, fffffa800655b990, 1ffef7d0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, er... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25251-bsod-total-windows-crash-recovery-crash-failure.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my PC for the last two weeks. I've tried everything. Windows clean install a bunch of test on my hard drive. I've checked S.M.A.R.T done an 9 hour memtest and I;ve finally given up. I honestly don't know what to do this is a fairly new build done in June. I have the DM log files please anyone this is getting out of hand.
P.S I made this thread on my computer but when I am loading for a game or in the middle of a game computer gives me 0x000000F4 error no idea what it is :/ so far its only happened on league of legends.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391607-bsod-windows-crash-error-0x000000f4-no-crash-files.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I am having a problem whereby sometimes when i boot my computer up or log in, automatic updates crashes. I first get a box telling me that DEP has prevented it from opening as shown below:

When i press "Close Message", another popup box appears telling me that Windows has had to close the program as shown below:

This does not happen all the time, but happens enough to make it annoying. Some times when i press "send error report" or "Dont send", it then takes me back to the DEP screen and goes into an endless loop of crashing, other times i report it and its fine.
As a temporary fix, i told DEP to ignore Automatic updates, wuauclt.exe and wuauclt1.exe but this didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex

A:Automatic Update Crash

Thanks for the help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-crash.578434/
Relevancy 41.28%

HELP I 7 update after crash initial win am running win x on netbooks and x on pc on toshiba netbook system runs fine on pc system runs fine asus netbooks both have problems asus pe win x asus peb win x both computers give a crash bsod after attempting to install windows updates cant attach dump files due to the computer win 7 crash after initial update not booting long enough to run any programs or win 7 crash after initial update log on the boot loads followed by windows screen step of configuring windows then bsod stating windows shut down to avoid damage to computer advising me to remove any recently installed hard or software following technical error codes or something then the system dump then the computer restarts and repeats the actions until i manually shut it down i have tried re-installing win times and only to have the same result due to the fact that on fresh install i am prompted to update important updates so i don't know which one is causing this but it is crashing both asus netbooks identically the computers are only about months old a piece and i haven't gotten to use either of them please any advice would be appreciated i am going to try and install another os to see if the same crash results also i was able to turn off auto restart after crash not that it helps it just displays bsod until hard shutdown

A:win 7 crash after initial update

hrparr,
Welcome to SevenForums.

I'm yelling HELP. Would you please hit the Enter key when typing so that we don't have one very long paragraph?

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
As a suggestion, I would say concentrate on one and only one system so that we don't everything mixed up.

Pick a system and fill in the info for that system in the System Specs area.

Here's how:
UPDATE YOUR SEVENFORUMS SYSTEM SPECS

User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
in left-hand column, under Your Profile, Edit System Spec |

Use Speccy - System Information - Free Download
and/or SIW to gather info for filling in the blanks.

Do me a favor. Please add the word laptop or desktop to the ?system manufacturer? block.

Provide full windows version info, such as provided by Speccy:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader, Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177012-win-7-crash-after-initial-update.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi!
i have all messed up
i have three OS in my laptop just for this moment, because i know how windows is, thos ghost form windows 98 xp still there quiet in windows 7 waiting the right moment to crew all the system.... everything its so screw up, that i tryed using the install cd of windows 7 and nothing, i used the repair option; automatic start up repair (in spanish, i dont knwo how it would it be in english....), system restore, and commant prompt in cmd to run chkdsk /f, and nothing works this last one told me that the disk is writed protected so i just WTF!!!!

HELP! please im away from home and the murpys laws has made act in my case, everything that could screw up has just screw up and in the worst way...

A:Help! i update and then crash after restart!

Wipe your hard drive and install Windows 7 clean. No other option. You DO NOT need Windows 98 and it is highly unlikely that you need XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157655-help-i-update-then-crash-after-restart.html
Relevancy 41.28%

As soon as i press enter to play the game crashes. I have a dump, how can i analyze deeply? Someone here can help me to solve this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/52054-hitman-update-9-crash.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys

Have read the latest posts on the above but would like some advice

I am running AVG free with MAM on an Acer laptop with Windows 7. I have never had a problem until AVG came up with its " Summer update ". The system crashed and I had to use system restore.

Am I better of dumping AVG and if so what do I replace it with?

Or should I dump MAM?

Any sound advice much appreciated

regards
Cluey

Relevancy 41.28%

hello, it seems that upon the latest of date, i believe mine installed 8 before shutting down. When i boot my dell 530s with vista basic i get a black screen that says "7587/7587 registry/machine/components/" and stays at that screen. when i do a hard reboot it gives me the option to repair or load normally, loading normally results in the same error msg, doing the repair leads me to a system repair/restore that will boot normally only if i unplug my netgear wireless n adapter. it seems strange, and obviously it forces the exact same update the next time i shutdown with the same exact results. any advice would be much appreciated

A:Crash After Latest Update

Set your automatic updater to notify and not install and then the
Next time you get the upadate, right click on it an then hide
Same in Vista
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...n-updates.html

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/295138-crash-after-latest-update.html
Relevancy 41.28%

running XP -pro on Dell Inspiron 8600.
Windows did auto update last night and system crashed.
Messages are OBDC32.dll not found and then MSGINA.Dll missing.
tried to reload as system suggests but no go.
dell tech desk says to reformat but then I'll loose all files.
Any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-crash-after-auto-update.197955/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all.
I have just spent a weekend reinstalling XP on the home PC, loaded SP2 from CD and all was great. The reason was that it was infested with everytype of virus and adware etc that it was just easier to clean it all off and start again...so i thought !!!

Anyway, after getting everything up and running, I jumped online and allowed Auto update to download and install. On the required reboot, its all turned to custard !!!

The PC now just cycles from power on, up to the XP splash screen and then powers down, over and over.

I have thorwn an old Hard drive 40G into it and all is good.

The 200G drive is only 6mths old and was working fine but apears to be cactus now.

So, the $100,000 Question....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Regards
Dave

A:XP/ IE7 Update - Caused HD Crash ???

Hello Dave

Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. (You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.)

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-ie7-update-caused-hd-crash-253144.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi!

Please i need urgent help, i was studying on my laptop when i decide to run windows update, and when the ssystem asked my for retart i clicked on it, but when it was restarting at the fowr starst that form the windows flag, it freezes, a flash bluescreen and restart

i tryed everything... commant promp, repair disk, safe mode...
and the worse thing is that i had two linux distribution in different partition, all three OS managed by grub2, i did like that precisely to avoid windows left me down with a useless computer and it happened.. windows is now so bad that doesnt even let me enter to my other OS

HELP please.. ill be here for any detail you need...

oh.. btw
the bluescreen says this:

technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xc000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

A:Crash after update reboot!

Read through this Microsoft article on the possible causes for STOP 0x0000007B:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391920/crash-after-update-reboot/
Relevancy 41.28%

My son is in Equatorial Guinea, while he was updating his OS he was on battery power instead of AC. During the update the battery died and the update was interruped. Now when he tries to start his computer it goes into a loop and restarts. He doesn't have his install disk with him, so he can't reinstall windows xp. Does anyone know a way around the loop, he has tried to start up in safe mode but when he does that's when the computer goes into the loop.

A:computer crash during update

G'Day RADoyle, Welcome to TSF!

Give your son this workaround...

Try powering up the computer from a 'Cold Start', while continually tapping the F8 Key.
In the "Safe Mode" Menu select the option "Last Known Good Configuration", and follow the on-screen prompts.

Post back with the outcome.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-crash-during-update-273004.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Okay so here I - crash mess! to big scans can't - SP2 a update am once again trying desparately to protect my pitiful Gateway scans crash - can't update to SP2 - a big mess! laptop - to no avail I am certain there is a virus or something deep within the computer that has been an issue for a very long time Used to have Panda and now have Norton Malwarebytes had Spybot tried Hijack this UGH New updates are available and we have tried to download numerous times but we always get an error for SP MS website had us try to install manually scans crash - can't update to SP2 - a big mess! - but still get erors I cannot complete scans crash - can't update to SP2 - a big mess! full scans of any TRUE antivirus program without the computer crashing - restarting - or explorer crashes and then opens again and it says something like - recovered from an unexpected something or other I'm sorry - I don't know much about computers I use it for email and sharing photos online I wish I could just know that the computer is safe - and that my purchase of NOrton was worth it There are times when the blue screen and physical memory dump take place - and many times the computer just freezes and we end up having to manually turn it off - which is horrible I use facebook - but I learned my lesson with one application which ended up with a mess of funweb stuff littered through my computer - probably still there but I used the Malwarebytes thing to clean it off I know my husband had used limewire years ago - it's still in our program list but not within the add remove list - so I don't understand that one I don't know where to turn - or who to trust - or what websites to download whatever from - heck I could be opening a door and setting a doormat out for you all who I'm sure know much more than myself - but it's a last ditch attempt at salvaging my little computer Please help - I'm a known inpatient person - but I will wait as long as I have to for any help - thank you very much in advance Here are the logs I have run DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by TimandJenna at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows SYSTEM wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SYSTEM taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SYSTEM taskeng exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users TimandJenna Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https login yahoo com config mail intl us BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common fil... Read more

A:scans crash - can't update to SP2 - a big mess!

oh - and a while back I could not run the CD-Rom and found a link to go in and change something in the registry - something up or above - does that make sense - oh my gosh - I'm annoying myself with this jibber jabber of not knowing anything! :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/scans-crash-cant-update-to-sp2-a-big-mess-411405.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After I successfully updated my laptop to 8.1, I wanted to update my desktop too. But it doesnt work. The installation crashes after a long wait time during reboot at some point, for example last time, I tried twice, at 82% (preparing settings) or something. A orange screen appears (something went wrong) with a sad smiley and it reboots. After the crash reboot it hangs again and when I do a reset, it will restore the Windows to 8. What could be the problem for this? How could I debug into it? What kind of log files should I post here from the $windows.~bt folder?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34007-8-1-update-doesnt-work-crash.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Microsoft did an update today(11-11-15) and now desktop gadgets won't work. As it tries to load it says it stopped working. I've rebooted many times with the same results.

Everything was fine when I went to bed last night. When I woke up the computer rebooted(it was at the login screen). I have updates set at 3am.

I hate to do restore. Are there any other options? From what I've seen most are security updates...some Microsoft framework, others are office 2010 security.

It's roughly 40-50 files.

I like the gadgets and would hate to see them go.

Thanks

Win 7 64bit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/update-causes-desktop-gadgets-to-crash-1063818.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey !

I just installed Vista ultimate 64 and i really have troubles with ist (well im sure this sentence has been read quite often)

Every time im starting to isntall update, doesnt matters which updates, im getting a blue screen 0x00000124. I installed Vista the 6th time now, and the only reason its running is because of disabled updates. (i would keep it like this if there wouldnt be other problem - DX10 at games - sound aso...)

Well, as is said i installed it again and again.... i also tryed a bios update, newest drivers for my graphic card, just everything !

I also tryed to contact the support, what is not possible because the support website is not accepting my Vista ID !!!!

Thats my PC

Intel Core 2 Quad - q6700
6142 MB - 800 MHZ Ram
64 Bit
Nvidia Geforce 8800 Ultra GTX
Asus Strike Extrem Mainboard...

Please please help me, im really ****ed up and i already ran out of ideas...

Relevancy 40.85%

Help I d downloaded serv pck already but downloaded it again anyway when it came up as an quot express quot download on msft download sit Goes through regular routine to quot Windows quot logo then about seconds into logo with quot loading quot Svpk On Boot 3 Immediate Crash Help! Update Causes bar a blue screen with white letters flashes for just an instant too briefly to make anything out Didn t backup and system restore happens to have been off for a long time shut off when removing malware I used quot mic updates quot in quot security quot in the control panel to access msft download site--same as always--don t have any reason to suspect malware performed zonelabs virus spyware scan within previous days Will start in safe mode but not in quot most recent settings that worked quot mode I have spybot w tea timer which flashes warnings permission boxes that updates are changing regisrty etc must allow in spybot in order Help! Svpk 3 Update Causes Immediate Crash On Boot for change to be made by the update--I did this before when downloading svc pk and didn t have problems--this time however I left momentarily during download and when I returned installation was hanging up while waiting for me to allow a change Don t know if this might have someting to do with it Tried uninstalling all spyware security apps but still fails to load same behavior Q Can I just uninstall the svpk download How

A:Help! Svpk 3 Update Causes Immediate Crash On Boot

May I ask why you downloaded it twice? You can uninstall it in Add/Remove Programs. When you open Add/Remove Programs, be sure to check the box that says "Show Updates"Please read our informative guide for installing SP3HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148218/help-svpk-3-update-causes-immediate-crash-on-boot/
Relevancy 40.85%

After the last update I get a game crash in COD 2 BO. I get a message of unhanded exception caught. I get a freeze screen that can not be closed without rebooting the computer. This is the event.
Faulting application name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945
Faulting module name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0033c720
Faulting process id: 0x2fd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d150df34cf25d4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\t6sp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\t6sp.exe
Report Id: 29bffdb6-96a6-4892-8afd-fdd056094068
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/37726-recent-update-causes-game-crash.html
Relevancy 40.85%

So it seems I'm not the only one who has been having problems since the latest update But anyway I updated my windows Ultimate bit on restore? Crash unable to update, after December th When I tried to reboot it simply looped over and over until system repair came up I've run it times to date and nothing Luckily I have another windows ultimate and I created a repair disk on that to use I tried the memory restore boot option disable driver signing diagnosed memory errors etc I tried to run an SFC Scannow but it always says that there is a system repair that requires a reboot please try again later I managed to get all of my files off the computer but still I have nine different users on it and it would be a pain in the ass to restore it Is there anything I haven't tried And before you ask this is a legitimate copy - - EDIT I thought to disable automatic reboot after a crash and I got the following error message STOP c a Fatal System error The non-DLL file Crash after update, unable to restore? included in known DLL list system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc f x ff x The system has been shut down

A:Crash after update, unable to restore?

Boss made me restore D:

/request lock

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/203439-crash-after-update-unable-restore.html
Relevancy 40.85%

This morning I got that little bubble on the bottom right of the screen that said windows updates were ready to install. Ok, so I installed. I generally do this...you are suppose to install the updates right? And you can trust microsoft right

So after it went through its thing and was done it told me to reboot...not unusual, so I rebooted. When it came back up my desktop was a tiny little square in the middle of the screen with no resolution. I went into the control panel thinking I could fix it. NOTHING in the control panel worked, it was like everything was locked.

Nothing else within the sytem worked either....I ended up having to reinstall my xp disc.

Has anyone else heard of this happening??

A:xp update made system crash

My son downloaded the update and now his system runs very very slow. I'm not sure what to do. Can you delete the SP 2 update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-update-made-system-crash.316587/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a gateway MT after vista update Computer help! crash - that I have had for years and it came with vista I have had to restore my computer once since I have had it and never had any serious problems with it months ago my computer was trying to install SP and when the computer restarts it goes to a blue screen then into a Computer crash after vista update - help! black screen and it says Computer crash after vista update - help! quot error calling phyllat can not find operating system quot and it locks up I push ALT CTRL DEL to reset it and it reboots and says the upgrade did not install and gives me the option to reinstall it After months of trying I gave up and ignored my computer to download and install the service pack Then one day it Computer crash after vista update - help! actually installed SP and when it restarted it said quot error do you wish to launch system restore recommended quot I did and it went to a black screen for hours - no cpu or aything running or eve the blue cpu light to show its running No fan on no noise from the processor I shut my computer off and it doesnt ever go to the windows vista loading screen Ive tried to boot in safe mode and it gets hung up on system windows drv and never goes any further and gets caught in a loop I pushed f to launch the repair mode and it gets caught in a loop I put i my restore disc that came with my laptop and when I ask it to install windows vista it gets caught in a loop tried to do a system restore and it cant because my C drive is corrupted Is there anything I ca do or is my computer toast I really have no more money for another computer and I need my computer for school Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

A:Computer crash after vista update - help!

Try downlaoding the full Service Pack installers

Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Service Pack 2
Download Details

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/235869-computer-crash-after-vista-update-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey first time posting here and doing so because I no longer trust the support I can get from microsoft itself these days Alright long story short I had this Lenovo update Catastrophic crash system after laptop for the better part of months store bought with a host of custom Catastrophic system crash after update features installed cloud memory things like that that I was talked into getting I wanted a decent laptop that could take alot of punishment as I do quite a bit of gaming inbetween work Now I won t list you my woes with trying finangle windows I made my bed so I decided to lie in it and simply put up with the Catastrophic system crash after update fact that I spent quid on a laptop that struggled with the graphical intensity of Elder Scrolls Oblivion I had been pestered for a while by the automatic update to update to the latest version of windows which I ignored until it all but forced me to update it as you do Worked fine for a day or so although I didn t really notice any changes then while in a conversation on skype while playing a game I had a word document and google chrome open if that matters my computer locked up hard couldn t move my mouse and the last thing my friend said to me over skype was stuttering on repeat every milisecond in a really aggravating staccato noise My computer was entirely unresponsive so I did a cold restart by pressing down on the off button until the computer restarted I know you aren t supposed to do that and its bad for the computer but I really had no option but to do so Once it restarted I got the usual Lenovo start up screen which promptly faded to black and replaced by the same Lenovo startup screen telling me to wait patiently while it gets started I then wasted two hours watching windows getting reinstalled onto my laptop by itself I had no option to do so and I was terrified of restarting my computer again in case it would wipe everything Fortunately when all was said and done all my files and goods were there lesson learned I moved everything of value to my dropbox just in case Fortunately everything is perfectly functional except you know now I am missing my cloud storage I paid somewhere in the region of a hundred pounds for the search function has weirded out and expanded and several other apps are missing but for the life of me I can t tell you which ones No big loss there at least I never used them much The biggest problem I found is apparently graphical as I can no longer run any of my games No biggie must be a game problem right Just reinstall everything Except that doesn t seem to be working I checked my graphics cards and they have their drivers up to date everything else on the laptop seems functional including sound things like minecraft work but I suspect that had to do with javascript somehow I tried to do a system restore but the option is greyed out probably meaning I have no points to restore to which I am almost certain I did I checked the update history for my windows and it gives the date it was activated originally but says there has never been any system update which is blatant lies At this point I am no longer angry just tired I want to know what happened and what I can do to prevent it and if possible fix whatever the hell this update broke with my drivers graphics whatever is keeping me from my usual distractions Can anyone help Do you need any detailed information to do so nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Ok Let me Fill you in Got a new Laptop days Update, Window's now. Very Crash, Slow ago Windows -bit Intel Core Duo T GB DDR RAM GB HDD Nvidia GeForce GT m First day was Running Nice Installed Steam Window's Update, Crash, Very Slow now. Borderlands and Ventrilo They all ran Nice Started downloading Counter Strike Source and Went to sleep Woke up at AM this morning PST and my laptop was Frozen no respond for over mins I shut it down booted this morning and it was SLOOOW Did a system restore to the point before the update Ran nice for an hour Shut down Booted up Slow again then system restored back further Booted up seemed good for about mins then went to a crawl I watched my processes rise and rise hit at one point Its sitting at and can get to slow to even do anything Im going to restore back to the day I got it and hope its good But Im still wondering what happned And why is it slow Heres a link to the PC i have Toshiba Satellite A S Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel Core Duo Processor T by Office Depot Any help would be great Its really grinding my gears

A:Window's Update, Crash, Very Slow now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Grecko

Ok Let me Fill you in. Got a new Laptop 2 days ago.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T6600
4GB DDR3 RAM
400 GB HDD
Nvidia GeForce GT 230m

First day was Running Nice, Installed Steam, Borderlands, and Ventrilo. They all ran Nice. Started downloading Counter Strike Source, and Went to sleep. Woke up at 4 AM this morning (PST) and my laptop was Frozen (no respond for over 30mins) I shut it down, booted this morning and it was SLOOOW,

Did a system restore to the point before the update, Ran nice for an hour.

Shut down, Booted up, Slow again, then system restored back further. Booted up seemed good for about 5mins then went to a crawl. I watched my processes rise and rise (hit 74 at one point) Its sitting at 67 and can get to slow to even do anything. Im going to restore back to the day I got it, and hope its good, But Im still wondering what happned? And why is it slow, Heres a link to the PC i have:

Toshiba Satellite A505 S6986 16 Widescreen Notebook Computer With Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6600 by Office Depot

Any help would be great. Its really grinding my gears.

Gecko why are you starting a new message about the same problem.
Use your old link
I need Some Help Please. Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53465-windows-update-crash-very-slow-now.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After the last update I get a game crash in COD 2 BO. I get a message of unhanded exception caught. I get a freeze screen that can not be closed without rebooting the computer. This is the event.
Faulting application name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945
Faulting module name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0033c720
Faulting process id: 0x2fd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d150df34cf25d4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\t6sp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\t6sp.exe
Report Id: 29bffdb6-96a6-4892-8afd-fdd056094068
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37726-recent-update-causes-game-crash.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok I was playing a game with a friend and we were done I went to close the game and I got to bsod and my PC restart nothing wrong in till I saw it updating notice I don't want it to update because this update was to go to Windows 10 anniversary edition and I'm scared what will happen to my stuff because people are saying they lost a shit ton of data when they updated what do I do

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-quick-urgent-pc-crash-update-4599526/
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok so got a blue screen and it had a message "BIOS not fully ACPI compliant". Ive had a few blue screens lately and I think maybe a ram stick is a bit loose coz after a memory diagnostic it disabled a ram stick (I'm not sure how to open the computer but all the ram is working now and if it happens again I know someone who can open and check for me)
Ok so I took this screen shot which might help you to help me about my motherboard etc

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3479/biosc.png

So I'm guessing this is where to go to download an update - Universal abit > Motherboard, Digital Speakers, iDome, AirPace, Multimedia would be this correct? And these instructions the right to follow - Universal abit > Motherboard, Digital Speakers, iDome, AirPace, Multimedia (where exactly do I extract the files to??)

Thanks

A:BIOS crash, how do I update it (I'm a noob)

Quote: Originally Posted by vesh88

Ok so got a blue screen and it had a message "BIOS not fully ACPI compliant". Ive had a few blue screens lately and I think maybe a ram stick is a bit loose coz after a memory diagnostic it disabled a ram stick (I'm not sure how to open the computer but all the ram is working now and if it happens again I know someone who can open and check for me)
Ok so I took this screen shot which might help you to help me about my motherboard etc

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3479/biosc.png

So I'm guessing this is where to go to download an update - Universal abit > Motherboard, Digital Speakers, iDome, AirPace, Multimedia would be this correct? And these instructions the right to follow - Universal abit > Motherboard, Digital Speakers, iDome, AirPace, Multimedia (where exactly do I extract the files to??)

Thanks

Hi vesh88

Your link to Abit looks good.

Make a folder called Abit Bios IP-95 in My Doc's, download to there.

Read all the help links on the web page,may be a good think to get your mate over as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/39210-bios-crash-how-do-i-update-im-noob.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I haven't been able to restart my computer since last night. MS updates were downloaded requiring a restart, but haven't been able to restart since the download.

Help please!

A:[SOLVED] HP Pavilion Crash following MS Update

Hi. . .

Welcome to TSF.

Please clarify the reason why it is that you can't restart your computer. e.g., do you click on restart and nothing happens? What about "shutdown"? Is this a laptop or desktop?

regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-hp-pavilion-crash-following-ms-update-221789.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Alright so I got a new SATA optical drive hooked her up and the motherboard didn't notice it.

So naturally I attempt to update the BIOS on my Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe MoBo from v. 1102 to 1502.

I went into EZ-Flash backed up my current BIOS and installed the new one. Everything seemed fine until Windows tries to boot -immediate restart- then the black screen with boot options(safe mode, normal, last working settings etc...).

I reboot and attempt to change the BIOS back to v. 1102 when it says that it is not "suitable" for the motherboard!

I try again and it just freezes on me before it even gives me the not suitable message.

I waited like 20 minutes and gave it a hard shut down with the power button.

Reboot... and now I just have the black screen with the little blinking underscore in the top-left corner.
HELP!

Relevancy 40.85%

I was updating the BIOS from a boot floppy on an HP Pavilion 523n and it froze at 95 percent complete. I was forced to reboot after leaving the PC for a few hours thinking it might eventually finish. After rebooting I now receive a few strange beeps and nothing boots up - not the boot floppy, XP OS CD, or hard drive.

If the PC is fried, I would like to know if I have to replace the entire mother board or just a component.

Thanks

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there

I up date my Bios and after short time i have been getting bsod . the machine reboots fine but its quite frequent and becoming a real problem.

any help to eliminate this problem would be appreciated
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
OEM version
3 gb RAM
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

A:win 7 64bit crash after Bios update

All your crashes are STOP 0x124.
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Where did you get your BIOS update from?

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Mon May 23 09:57:06.041 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:52:54.041
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS
BiosReleaseDate = 06/25/2008
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
CPUID: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3000
CurrentSpeed: 3014
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun May 22 12:07:02.388 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:01.374
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
PROCESS_NAME: System
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Sun May 22 11:47:24.849 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:38:45.849
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Sun May 22 08:15:38.481 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:19:41.481
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Sun May 22 00:14:59.586 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:51.586
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165071-win-7-64bit-crash-after-bios-update.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I have a XP computer which came with XP professional installed when I bought it five years ago It also came with a genuine Vista Buisness service pack installatioin disc at the same time I have decided to install the Vista OS due to the end of XP support I have done a clean installation choosing to reformat the disc at the same time Following installation the first thing I have been doing is connnecting intallation Vista New crash. update to the internet New Vista intallation update crash. via USB LAN and downloading updates I download and of them are installed with one failing to do so When I restart the computer it crashes It New Vista intallation update crash. fails to configure the updates and goes to a blue screen for a fraction of a second to quick to read what is on it and just gets stuck it a loop going back to the blue screen If I start in safe mode it boots fine and then tries to configure updates Eventually it says updates failed to configure correctly and rolls back the action to the point at which I can boot back into Windows normally with no updates installed at all I have tried just installing the very first update on the list but the same happens Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone!

For the new year i format my computer just to get out all my old juck/ and old programs and stuff. So i installed windows and the drives that was with it.
The computer is about 3 years old and it was i made , well in school they gave us the Case, Lcd monitor and the motherboard and all the other good stuff.

Ok here the problem....
While doing the updating on the computer, firewalls and the other stuff.

so i did an update with the Asus Updater.. and i guess download and upload and older verison then i alrady had.

And when did the reboot it gave me the "USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds" f1 to set up f8 for pop menu ...? old bio ..older and the hardware is usetoo?
now i lost, don't know what to do and can help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5gc-mx-1333-update-crash.973796/
Relevancy 40.42%

SPECS Code OS version Microsoft Windows Home dv6 drivers crash, cant HP card update Graphics Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor count Ram MB Graphics Card Mobile Intel R HD Graphics Mb Motherboard Hewlett-Packard So ive been getting random crashes involving my graphic driver or maybe something else but i always get this message quot your amd card has stopped working and recovered quot so im guessing its the gpu also for HP dv6 Graphics card crash, cant update drivers some reason my pc would crash of the times when i oppened any office program word excel etc i always get a suggestion to update them but when i try installing either the intel one or the amd one from the HP drivers website i get an error message attaching pictures I just tried installing the driver from amd no luck either Also right now my pc has probably crashed like times i am on safe mode tried installing the drivers again nothing cant log in to normal mode only safe mode now This happened first a month ago when i installed a windows update cant remember which but then i restored before i installed it and didnt try doing that again I cant really check the update code number or see if it automatically installed itself or something windows update wont open I dont know if this is relevant but mentioning it just in case Anorher bit of information i use a custom windows theme i had to replace the explorerframe dll file When I crash the theme usually changes to windows classic could that be a reason why its failing I ve kind of been using the custom theme for like months without any trouble though I got like different BSOD so im attaching the dumps in a zip file thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv6-graphics-card-crash-cant-update-drivers.1098705/
Relevancy 40.42%

Acer Aspire V17 Black Edition, VN7-791G-730.  Win update for win 10 crashed and stuck in vicious loop...64% to 99% then shuts down and starts over.  No images in system restore, last install missing, back up media wasn't recognized, D2D not working.  No physical software available.  Searched disk in DOS and nothing in restore or recovery folders. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works.    

A:Win 10 update crash, no OS-restore-repair-D2D inop...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Win-10-update-crash-no-OS-restore-repair-D2D-inop-won-t/td-p/464094
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello there friend. I was using thinkpad e555 on windows 7 since 3 years. Never had a bit of a problem with it. I changed to windows 10 and was updating my drivers . Everything was moving smoothly and when it came to bios it went on smoothly for sometime then nothing happend. I restarted my computer and now there is a blackscreen with nothing on it. I have no idea what i could do. Any suggestion is appreciated

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/BIOS-update-crash-thinkpad-e555/td-p/3324594
Relevancy 40.42%

I was just wondering why this would happen. I was downloading a security update for windows virtual machine and after I clicked to restart now, a screen popped up that said that windows did not restart successfully. After that I could not make the computer start again. It just kept going back to the screen about windows not restarting right. I had to use pc recovery and I lost most of what I had on my computer.

A:Did microsoft security update cause my computer to crash?

Yes, some Security Patches have been known to contain "bugs" - though these are usually identified and fixed fairly quickly.

Did you visit Windows Update directly? ... there have been some "phishing" exploits that can pretend to send you to Windows Update from a link in an email or an Instant Message. Never visit Windows Update in that manner (as your system can become infected or attacked in this way). Always visit Windows Update directly, or let Automatic Updates initiate the updates.

For the future -- for minor incompatibilities that cause problems with your computer, you can first try the System Restore function that is built into Windows XP. Start the computer in Safe Mode (tap the F8 key as the computer is starting), and go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Choose a restore point from prior to the problem.

That way, you may have a repair that won't cause you to lose all your data, and have to reinstall so many programs.

By the way, since you've run a Recovery procedure already, you should make sure to update your antivirus & antispyware programs. And you'll have to try Windows Update again, because the Security Patches are too important to do without. And make sure you have a firewall running.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/did-microsoft-security-update-cause-my-computer-to-crash-110041.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I need a help to fix my lappy issue..

Lenovo Z570; WiFI was not detecting the router so i have downloaded drivers and updated from lenovo support store, still the problem was not fixed so i found some suggestion as to update the BIOS. I did the same from lenosupport store it self, after on lappy got crashed!! windows is loading but after that when logo display time its just going freeze for a while and blue screen displays for a second and getting re-started!!

tried all the available options through boot menu... like restore for previous state/safe mode boot/last good config/system recovery etc.. still its unsuccessful!!

Even try to format and re-install, after changing the priority of boot to hard disc its still going with the regular boot as from HDD!!

Please help me to resolve

A:BIOS update made system crash!!

Well first off, flashing the bios would have no affect on connecting to your router, the problem you had was within windows, or with the router. Next time just reboot the router, then reboot windows and it should fix the problem. But anyway, go into the bios and reset to defaults, reboot the pc and let us know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285404-bios-update-made-system-crash.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all I update bios crash Lenovo V570 have a Lenovo V laptop I had problems for some time now Lenovo V570 bios update crash with the heating in like minutes it reached C I decided to apply termo paste to the processor and the video card After doing this it still had a hight temperature Then i tried tu update my bios seeing there is a new version and then my laptop stoped working in the middle of this operation it just frooze up The bios update has crashed P S the update was downloded from the official lenovo site I restarted and the a black screen apeared and I can t do nothing I hear the fan is running when i start the computer for like max seconds Also i hear the HDD and the DVD rom I plugged in into the USB a telephone and it started charging it the usb works I tried to reset the bios but on this kind of motherboard there is no Pin to reset it I tried to boot the bios from an USB flash but did not do nothing I pluged in an externam monitor but it is still black Please help me with this what can I do Is the motherboard dead becouse the bios updae failed How can i test if the motherboard is dead to bee soure nbsp

A:Lenovo V570 bios update crash

I found this procedure on a lenovo forum. Give it a shot and see if it works for you. If not, it is not worth putting money into fixing this laptop.. New ones are pretty cheap and having a new mb installed in this one will cost more than a new laptop.

BTW the spelling errors are from the forum NOT mine.

Bios recovery procedure

How to Recover a bad or brick bios in lenovo laptops:

1.Download Phoenix Wincrisis then Click on the WINCRIS.exe and choose CREATE MINIDOS CRISIS DISK and press START to make: USB Flopy or usb flash memory.
When creating the boot Floppy or usb memory, select from Folder Options to view the hiden and system files and delete or rename the file config.sys if present.
2. Download your Bios file from lenovo.com if u dont have it, Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: USB Floppy/usb memory.
3.Plug USB Floppy/usb memory into laptop and shotdown.
4. Hold down Fn+R keys and while holding press the power button.
5. Now you should hear the flopy drive working or usb blinking, hold the keys for a while.
6. Leave the computer for few min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.
7. if everything went OK the computer shold start normally.
Download Phoenix Wincrisis Links:
link to file
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmilmmeymr
Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and this metod works only for lenovo.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUTE RECOVERY LENOVO LAPTOPS: Do not take off your battery before flashing unlike the others brand that you should take off battery!! It seems that before flashing, it verify AC/DC connection and battery level. If one of them is not ok, then reflash is stopped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-v570-bios-update-crash.1102632/
Relevancy 40.42%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 40.42%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 39.99%

Try to play expedition mode its the best when you try to join online game and it crashes your game , and ive heard nothin about it from the devs.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438281-we-going-get-update-fixes-multiplayer-crash-attack-titan.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Several days ago I downloaded and installed many updates I was waiting for a large file to finish update crash. corrupt. info missing Service or after Can't downloading before I restarted the computer when the power went out and shut everything down Apparently the improper shutdown with Can't update after crash. Service info missing or corrupt. the pending reboot after windows updates were installed screwed something up Now I can't update anything under the Windows tab For example if you open the update page it will be in sections I have a section for Office updates that I can download and update fine as well as every other section that I've tried so far The only section that won't download anything and allow me to install the update is the Windows section with the updates such as Security Updates for Windows Update for Windows Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Microsoft NET Framework and Security Updates for NET Framework Anything under the Windows section will not download I tried downloading a single update of about kB I left it running overnight and the next day it was still downloading Then I cancelled that one and selected a single Excel update of about MB under the Office section It downloaded and installed in seconds While typing this and trying various updates I found that I can now no longer download the Office updates either so it appears to be affecting all updates now not just the ones in the Windows category I ran the Windows Update Fixit Tool with the result of quot service registration is missing or corrupt quot https i imgur com qveHPEr jpg I ran sfc scannow which found corrupt files that it couldn't fix The CBS zip is attached https i imgur com yKENVsi jpg I've tried System Restore on the five restore points I had available All failed There are no error codes on my Windows Update page I've downloaded and have been running the SURT tool per the sticky for hours now and it's still quot searching for updates on this computer quot Not sure why it's taking so long I don't know if it's actually doing anything or is frozen up but I'll leave it going I guess I can open Windows Update and it immediately tells me how many updates are available Of course it may not actually be showing all the available updates I guess https i imgur com QMKuOIB jpg Also the wuauserv windows update file is using - of my CPU and about GB of RAM non-stop for days now I've left it going thinking it will eventually finish what it needs to do to get things working again but it doesn't look like it's ever going to finish I'm hoping someone here can give me some clues on what I can try to get this working again without having to reinstall Thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400311-cant-update-after-crash-service-info-missing-corrupt.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, To lazy lenovo "moderator" and producer of this piece of crap (Lenovo Y700 15ISK). The win 10 version 1607 update casused a black death on laptop, managed to recover to previous version of Win and postpone the update until tmrw night. But can NOT much more than that. So Lenovo, pls say what can be done ASAP? Do not waste time and get to do something useful for once. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Win-10-version-1607-update-result-to-crash-black-death-screen/td-p/3481498
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi and help My PC is giving me fits IE crashes upon launch A browser window opens but before any data is loaded the program fails and force quits Since IE doesn't work I can't run a won't & and update crash NAV/Quicken/Spyblaster IE startup on Messenger panda scan or windows update MS Messenger crashes after trying unsuccessfully to log me in Quicken NAV and Spyblaster all seem to work locally but none are able to connect to the Internet to update Spyblaster force quits after I try to update it Quicken and NAV stay open and working but simply won't update These IE and Messenger crash on startup & NAV/Quicken/Spyblaster won't update issues are appearing across all profiles on my PC I tested this using three established profiles and I even created a new fourth profile to see if the same issues were present they were Firefox still works but is unstable when loading pages with lots of ads Sometimes if ads are plentiful it will lock up and force quit I ran Registry Mechanic this evening but no change in performance or issues I ran a Decker System Scanner scan per your forum's quot first steps quot guidance It is copied in below I really hope you can help Thanks in advance Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Susie Abrams on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Made by Registry Mechanic - - UTC - RP - Made by Registry Mechanic - - UTC - RP - Removed Prevx Agent - - UTC - RP - Removed PRODUCT NAME -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Susie Abrams exe ---------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Greetings Workshop GWREMIND EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

I have Windows XP Home Edition w SP I do not Recent Update fails, browser MSE and failes, BOSD, crash have any Recent BOSD, MSE failes, Update fails, and browser crash install discs but I just burned the rescue disc as mentioned in the malware forum I can t identify quot what happened quot the machine ran flawless for a few months and ten days ago it got borked Over the last ten days A defrag failed There have been a bunch of different BSOD with various error codes MS Updates gave a quot there is a file missing to do updates quot message MSE repeatedly crashed and failed to update with quot connection failed quot message there were quot app error quot messages with MSE Firefox began crashing regularly I ran speccy an app that reports system configuration and it began reporting back something like quot class not available quot mmm that s about it These have all been intermittent I m currently logged on typing this waiting for the next occurrence I tried sfc scannow but it asked for a install disc which I don t have Now that I ve burned the rescue I m think I might be able to run it now I ran chkdsk r and it reported finding and fixing two errors I guess I ll wait until the next specific symptom occurs and write the specific information here Other than that please advise me what steps I can take or what info I should report back here to make a diagnosis happen Thanks

A:Recent BOSD, MSE failes, Update fails, and browser crash

speccy just worked and it reported:

Operating System
MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

CPU
Intel Pentium 4 520
Prescott 90nm Technology

RAM
1.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 199MHz 3-3-3-8

Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0M3918 (Microprocessor)

Graphics
HP w19b/w19e @ 1440x900
Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Hard Drives
244.20GB Seagate ST3250310AS (SATA) 123 ?F

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSH492B

Audio
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349434/recent-bosd-mse-failes-update-fails-and-browser-crash/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ive got a new pc and its been doing weird for the last week Perhaps im even too late already I dont know what to do and I m not that good with computers also my pc is in dutch im from the netehrlands so its pretty unhandy to post some messages but i ll try to translate unable update,svchost.exe crash Funny pc and from to Antivirus mu noises Help pls! them I have a list of problems -My antivirus cant update anymore since one week -my pc is running times as slow as it did before -there are svchost exe programs running in task manager -funny noises as if from a video or animal barn are coming Help pls! Antivirus unable to update,svchost.exe crash and Funny noises from mu pc from my pc at random times when i have only this site open and an adobe reader file for example -ive had two warnings from starting up my pc sopidkc exe doesnt work msncache doesnt work -also alot of random pictures and programs have been copied shortcutted and those shortcuts are in my recycle bin witouth me having deleted those and ive looked trough my task manager and found afisicx exe running which is identified at this site as a worm of some kind SO IM a bit confused but also happy I found this site Could anyone help with this i would be reallyyy greatfull

A:Help pls! Antivirus unable to update,svchost.exe crash and Funny noises from mu pc

hi,

ok this morning I started up my laptop (this one which im working on) to see if I have had any replies yet. But while starting it said there was a system crash of somekind and that i could recover my system and return to an older backup which had been made so that my laptop would start up normally.
Well that was what I did and now it seems the files which were infecting my laptop are now gone. So ofcourse the first thing I tried was updating COMODO internet security and windows defender, which both were unable to update before. It didn't work.
So I started looking around in the forums and alot of people usually get a reply saying download malwarebytes and update it and do a system scan. I thought if malwarebytes is also unable to update, there must still be something wrong. So i donwloaded it from one of the links in a reply. Two links didn't work the last one did, after i've downloaded it, MBAM would start installing when i clicked on the .exe so i renamed it and it started. BUT it was stilll unable to update....

SO I'm pretty much clueless what to do right now.
Both windows defender and COMODO and MBAM are still unable to update, my DEAMON tools program still gets a weird warning at startup and COMODO has around 180 pending files waiting for my review which I don't think are infected and don't know what to do with.

Could anyone help with this problem? Thanks,

(ps. My laptop is pretty new so I thought it was strange things like this happened so soon, are there any tips on improving security or preventing malware other then the things ive got installed on my laptop?)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222726/help-pls-antivirus-unable-to-updatesvchostexe-crash-and-funny-noises-from-mu-pc/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a BSOD and Not Intel k gb of Corsair Dominator Platinium Corsair h i Corsair air watt corsair PSU Dual ti SLI Z -A asus Mobo This came completely out of the blue I suspect the newest windows update may be the culprit Nothing triggers these crashes It'll run beautifully with BF and Dying light on Ultra for 121 124 after included. BSOD & files Update. randomly Crash Win7 hours but when I turn it on again I'll end up locked out with no crash Or I'll have a freeze then BSOD But the drivers ID'd by my third party software are saying that HAL DLL ndis sys and ntoskrnl exe are flagging Each crash report also ID's Genuineintel Tried everything so far windows repair all drivers updated all physical connections checked re-seated every component flashed bios etc I also re-did my thermal paste and my CPU is idling between - BSOD 124 & 121 randomly after Win7 Update. Crash files included. C However it will randomly jump to C I'm pretty computer literate but very much so out of ideas at this point I'd like to avoid reinstalling Windows Home edition premium if possible I have all the BSOD 124 & 121 randomly after Win7 Update. Crash files included. crash reports available and I will be monitoring this closely for replies Thank you very much in advance for any and all suggestions help Also yes my computer has an incredibly silly name due to a friend helping me name it

A:BSOD 124 & 121 randomly after Win7 Update. Crash files included.

0x124s are usually generic STOP codes pointing to a hardware failure although they rarely tell you which hardware is failing. Lately we've seen ESET causing 0x124s so I think it would be best to follow the steps below then test the system.

Uninstall ESET and Install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Uninstall Daemon Tools, a proven cause of BSODs.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools via Add/Remove Programs.
2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and perform the following steps.
3. Double click the executable to open it.
4. Click the button shown below.

Information
If the button it is grayed out as shown in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system and you can just close the window.
Uninstall all of the ASUS bloatware on your system bar AI Suite.

Test the system and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375199-bsod-124-121-randomly-after-win7-update-crash-files-included.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone I just got back to my PC after a my first year of college and when I first minutes after games, update crash ten after driver BSOD starting now started it up it bluescreened I didn't manage to catch the error before it rebooted then changed to a black screen said that there was BSOD ten minutes after starting games, now crash after driver update no hard disk to boot with So I turned it off turned it back on and it booted just fine I ran a full system scan with Avast to check for malware updated some games on Steam and basically did my best to get my computer up to speed since it had been off for so long while I did use it during long breaks While the Avast scan was running I played World of Warcraft for about an hour or two and bam--another bluescreen The error message said something along the lines of quot Display drivers failed to restart quot but again I couldn't catch the rest because it rebooted coming up with the same black screen as before So I turned it off When I booted it up for a third time Avast opened almost immediately and asked to restart my computer and run a scan of the startup files So I obliged it seemed like it scanned my whole system again which lasted for an hour or two and it seems like it moved Malwaregen and corrupted files to the chest When it was done my computer booted normally I installed some Windows updates and a new Nvidia driver figuring that something was outdated and once again started playing World of Warcraft This time it didn't bluescreen instead the screen froze after ten minutes and turned a solid color My PC rebooted almost immediately again with the same black screen So I rebooted for a fourth time just fine like before and ran a disk check to find errors in my hard drive None were found so I don't think it's a hardware problem Seems like a graphics driver issue but I'm not sure of that and even if I were I wouldn't know how to fix it I changed some dmp files settings and replicated the error with Team Fortress so now I have a dmp file and the typical package in the attachments The first attachment is the DM Log Collector file and the second is the dmp file Thanks in advance folks

A:BSOD ten minutes after starting games, now crash after driver update

Try any other driver version and see how it goes. Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

When done, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Also, Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80081ba4e0, fffff88005055ad4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+82fad4 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80081ba4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88005055ad4, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+82fad4
fffff880`05055ad4 48ff25e5f1ebff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x6eecc0 (fffff880`04f14cc0)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06f8fa48 fffff880`05346134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`081ba4e0 fffff880`05055ad4 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06f8fa50 fffff880`05319867 : fffff880`05055ad4 fffffa80`096ce000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`06f8fa90 fffff880`05345f43 : fffffa80`ffffd846 ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`081ba4e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`06f8fb40 fffff880`0406f03d : fffffa80`0c03fb50 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09105410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`06f8fbc0 fffff800`03566456 : 00000000`0641db0e fffffa80`090ed760 fffffa80`06992b10 fffffa80`090ed760 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`06f8fc00 fffff800`032be2c6 : fffff800`0344be80 fffffa80`090ed760 fffff800`03459cc0 00000000`00000001 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06f8fc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`06f90000 fffff880`06f8a000 fffff880`1ecfed40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+82fad4
fffff880`05055ad4 48ff25e5f1ebff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x6eecc0 (fffff880`04f14cc0)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+82fad4

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5566824f

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

---------

3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04826000 f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372765-bsod-ten-minutes-after-starting-games-now-crash-after-driver-update.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Windows BSOD crash x corrupt aswrvrt sys after Win update System won't restore repair or boot corrupt after won't boot update, Win 0x80070057 BSOD aswrvrt.sys crash Hi UK user Dell XPS core i GB GB NTFS HDD Win Home Premium Avast AV free Problem arose when Win updated last week - caused Avast and Dell Quickset to stop working System would not allow Avast to be fully uninstalled possibly some malware involved too I used Avast removal tool and tried to restart After this System won't boot normally or in safe mode - BSOD with x error Have tried System restore last good configuration chkdsk r and Startup repair - all fail Avast support have also tried various things inc FRST I have a USB with Win on and can use this to get to command prompt but all repairs restores fail Startup repair diagnostic details Boot critical file c windows system drivers aswrvrt sys is corrupt Repair action file repair Result Failed BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update, won't boot Error code x BSOD states Technical information - STOP x B xFFFFF BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update, won't boot A E XFFFFFFFFC X X Does anyone have any suggestions as to other things I can try without losing the data on the drive The drive has a recovery partition - not sure if this is an issue Thanks in advance Andy

A:BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update, won't boot

More details of the problem:

BSOD Technical information - STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

startup repair diagnostic details: Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrvrt.sys is corrupt. Repair action: file repair. Result: Failed. Error code 0x2

Startup repair problem details:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature01: 6.1.7600.16385
PS02: 6.1.7600.16385
PS03: unknown
PS04: 21200285
PS05: Autofailover
PS06: 3
PS07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338958-bsod-crash-0x80070057-corrupt-aswrvrt-sys-after-win-update-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Let's keep this simple. I bought spore. My comp isn't old but just doesn't have great specs. It still played the game but a bare minimum graphics, which I'm fine with. Then I find out that there's an update for my graphics card's driver. I install said driver. Now the game won't last two minutes without crashing... Anyone know why the updated version of my driver is worse than the old version?

My graphics card for reference: Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller family (Intel® 852/855 Chipset family)

For whatever reason spore ignored the fact that my graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements and went ahead and played the game anyway. It worked for 3 days straight with no problems until I got the update. Also Dell tells me it is my driver that's causing the problem so I know this doesn't belong in the games section just because it involves spore.

Help?

A:Solved: I update my driver to play a game, instead it makes it crash...

Have you uninstalled the new driver?

Have you done a system restore to a data before you installed the driver?

If you are just asking why an updated driver causes a problem when an old one does not, that is often the way it is. When an updated driver is released, it is done to correct problems, support new hardware, etc. When these fixes are implemented to the driver files, they often cause problems with older hardware, games, etc, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-update-my-driver-to-play-a-game-instead-it-makes-it-crash.754475/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi UK user Dell XPS core i GB GB NTFS HDD Windows Home Premium System restore 0x80070057 corrupt crash won't Win update. BSOD after aswrvrt.sys Avast AV free Problem arose when Windows updated last BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update. System won't restore week - caused Avast and Dell Quickset to stop working System would not allow Avast to be fully uninstalled possibly some malware involved too I used Avast removal tool and tried BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update. System won't restore to restart After this System won't boot normally or in safe mode - BSOD with x error Have tried System restore last good configuration chkdsk r and Startup repair - all fail Avast support have also tried various things inc FRST I have a USB with Windows on and can use this to get to command prompt but all repairs restores fail Startup repair diagnostic details Boot critical file c windows system drivers aswrvrt sys is corrupt Repair action file repair Result Failed Error code x BSOD states Technical information - STOP x B xFFFFF A E XFFFFFFFFC X X Does anyone have any suggestions as to other things I can try without losing the data on the drive The drive has a recovery partition - not sure if this is an issue Thanks in advance Andy

A:BSOD crash 0x80070057 corrupt aswrvrt.sys after Win update. System won't restore

More details of the problem:
BSOD Technical information - STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

startup repair diagnostic details: Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrvrt.sys is corrupt. Repair action: file repair. Result: Failed. Error code 0x2

Startup repair problem details:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature01: 6.1.7600.16385
PS02: 6.1.7600.16385
PS03: unknown
PS04: 21200285
PS05: Autofailover
PS06: 3
PS07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541977/bsod-crash-0x80070057-corrupt-aswrvrtsys-after-win-update-system-wont-restore/
Relevancy 39.13%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 39.13%

I was updating the drivers on my ASUS ROG G using Iobit's Driver Booster It said I had several drivers out of date so I selected all of them and left the machine to run while I ran some cleaning and maintenance programs in the background Iobit Advanced System Care and Privazer I didn't think this was an issue because the laptop has more than enough power to run all those at system crash caused possibly update drivers to fatal Attempt the same time Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash but the driver update got to Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash and hung there for minutes I figured something was screwy and that the computer would simply Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash not install the fully updated drivers and so I closed all programs and rebooted the laptop to complete installation of the successfully downloaded drivers and now now I have nothing By nothing I mean just exactly that I hit the power button I see the cursor and hear the DVD drive spin up and that is it No error codes no choices for booting into Safe Mode nothing I'm not even sure it booted far enough for me to get into the BIOS I've been poking around the net trying to find a program that will allow me to boot into a rescue disc and perhaps attempt to repair the MBR ntloader but I am either not using the right keywords or I'm screwed because I can't find what I'm looking for I found Paragon's Rescue Kit but either I didn't follow the instructions correctly or my laptop isn't even searching for bootable media because it is too far gone I do have such a program as I am looking for but I recently moved and have absolutely no idea where that CD is I only remember that it too is a Paragon product but not the one I've been trying to use Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if there is any other information you need that would be useful thanks P S I just tried to start it up and get into the BIOS and got nowhere This is getting to be very NOT COOL

A:Attempt to update drivers caused possibly fatal system crash

F9 on bootup to access the Restore Wizard

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/352089-attempt-update-drivers-caused-possibly-fatal-system-crash.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Had a bad storm last night, so I shut down the comp. Restarted this a.m. tried to stream the Arsenal match and mozilla would crash every time I tried to leave the home page. Went to IE, watched the match, and then began to TS moz.
After a bit I decided to unistall. Upon trying to reinstall i get a corrupt file error msg during extraction. I then tried to d.l. Chrome and had problems w. that too. Yet amazingly enough, IE works fine. Is this Microsoft just f'in w. me 'cause I'm not amused?
I also notice that in my start menu I have no quick select icons for network connections, control panel, etc. any help would be great. thx.

Mobo: Biostar A880GU3
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965
GPU: ATI HD 5770
PSU: Corsair 750w
RAM: 4GB (2x2) DDR 3
HDD: WD 320gb

A:Win7 update = Mozilla constant crash & Win explorer has stopped working

Hello and to bleeping computer!

I'm guessing by the topic title that you ran a windows update before shut down? Did it install before you shut the machine down? Also do you have any virus/ malware protection installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445070/win7-update-mozilla-constant-crash-win-explorer-has-stopped-working/