Windows Support Forum

Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Q: Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Alright, this has been going on for awhile, and now I'm fed up. Every time I want to update windows, it comes up with this error code - 80090305 Every time I try to update windows defender, it comes up with this error code - 0x80090305 I can't update either! I've looked for solutions online -everywhere- nothing works. I checked what the Microsoft website said, but that didn't help either! I really think I should get these updates, and I'm tired of it popping up and telling me that it can't update. The computer is an Acer (I don't know the exact model, I trying to fix my friends computer and I'll be back there tomorrow.) Anyway, help would be amazing. Thank you! p.s I realize this is my first post, but you know I signed up because I really need help! I've tried everything!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Update error 80090305 - cannot update windows or defender!

Fix SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND Error Under 2 Min - Fix PC Error ?
This is what they say is the fix

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281753-update-error-80090305-cannot-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello all,
My nickname is Sucho10, and I"m from Belgium. I noticed on the forum the great help you offer to people with PC troubles. Till now, I realy tried everything, but wiyjout any solution. Here are my problems :
1. Start/Windows Update/Search for updates
Gives : error code 80090305

2. Using IE I can surf to all possible sites, except one : Google
Gives : Webpage cannot be find
The log :

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2811 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1278 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152623 MB, Free - 73981 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41M-ES2L
Antivirus: None

Remark that I do have Norton Antivirus installed (the log says : None ????)

It would be a GREAT help if someone could tell me what is happening...
Many thanks.
Regards

A:Winfows update 80090305, google : cannot find webpage

I don't know how to fix ie but this microsoft support article can help you fix your windows update problem. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/windows-update-error-80072f78-80090305-or-8009033f

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winfows-update-80090305-google-cannot-find-webpage.1135903/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello everyone.

I have an aunt whose computer was riddle with malware. She had installed Avast and Malwerbytes (for which she didn't use nor update). I ran those two and SuperAnitSpyware: I can't get Microsoft Windows Defender to upload new definitions, I get this error code: 0x80072efe. I also ran Hijackthis, it's in the attachment below. Please help and thank your for any assistance you can give me. My Regards.

A:Windows Defender won't update : error 0x80072efe

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you. Please try running gmer again, this time also unchecking 'Files'. Make sure no antivirus scans are scheduled during the run.

If you still have trouble, run gmer again and click 'Save...' after the short initial scan and post that log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-defender-wont-update-error-0x80072efe-493686.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello Everyone So I got a problem with Windows Update The problem is that i can't download any driver without getting the error x b Im running Windows 0x80073b01 Update/Defender error Windows -bit Windows Update/Defender 0x80073b01 error My laptop model MSI GT NC Here is some furthrt information Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Gabba-MSI administrator on DESKTOP-SGSK A - - Running from C Users Gabba-MSI Downloads Loaded Profiles Gabba-MSI Available Profiles Gabba-MSI Platform Windows Home X Language Windows Update/Defender 0x80073b01 error Dansk Danmark Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Micro-Star International Co Ltd C Program Files x S-Bar MSIService exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe Qualcomm Atheros C Program Files Qualcomm Atheros Network Manager KillerService exe IObit C Program Files x IObit LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe C Program Files x Realtek Audio SetupAfterRebootService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy RemindersServer exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Electronic Arts C Program Files x Origin Origin exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe C Program Files Qualcomm Atheros Network Manager NetworkManager exe Micro-Star International Co Ltd C Program Files x S-Bar S-Bar exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Application C Program Files x KLM KLM exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe IObit C Program Files x IObit IObit Uninstaller UninstallMonitor exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C ProgramData Razer Synapse RzStats RzStats Manager exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer InGameEngine bit RazerIngameEngine exe Razer Inc C Users Gabba-MSI AppData Local Razer InGameEngine cache RzStats Manager RzCefRenderProcess exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avpui exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System NetworkUXBroker exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Windows Photos x wekyb d bbwe Microsoft Photos exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe JamesR C Users Gabba-MSI Desktop Le Bot exe Google In... Read more

A:Windows Update/Defender 0x80073b01 error

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/593493 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593493/windows-updatedefender-0x80073b01-error/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all I have come back from two months away to find that my computer has gone a bit odd it may have been like that before update trying to Windows Defender when 80080005 Error but I was busy The most obvious symptom is that when I try to update windows defender it says that it can't search for updates and the error code is Windows updates started from the start Error 80080005 when trying to update Windows Defender menu has just gives me a blank window I tried KB How do I reset Windows Update components but could only get as far as net stop wuauserv where I got quot The requested pause continue or stop is not valid for this service quot I ran the latest malicious code removal from MS and came up clean same with the onecare live scanner from MS SFC scannow came up clean as well I have tried to follow cleaning instructions from this forum and they have had no success as well I suspect that I am getting help for x mixed in with x and it is failing due to that I would like to know how to solve this Mike Specs anything missing and I'll add them here as an edit Vista Ultimate x SP GB ram Intel Quad Q GHz

A:Error 80080005 when trying to update Windows Defender

There are many difference option of this error
Question

1.Go to Start>>Search>>services.msc

and can you run manually:

COM+ System Event
Background Inteligence Transfer Service
Windows Update

2.Run VistaSysInfoTool http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/...ms-sysinfo.exe,select all in this and make log

Log from VistaSysInfo attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/281836-error-80080005-when-trying-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 84.28%

HEllo world

windows update defender kb2267602 Error 80070005
KB2267602 Definition 1.191.842.0
other updates i can install them nicely but this update stuck fails all the time

A:windows update defender kb2267602 Error 80070005

Originally Posted by malibu

HEllo world

windows update defender kb2267602 Error 80070005
KB2267602 Definition 1.191.842.0
other updates i can install them nicely but this update stuck fails all the time

Try here---

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59031-windows-update-defender-kb2267602-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I've been dealing with what I think is an infection, and working with a moderator on this forum to get rid of it. One of the issues I'm having is Windows Defender would not turn on. He showed me how to get the registry key fixed, and I can now open Defender, but it won't update. Anytime I try, I get error code 0x80096001.
Also I'm having issues with Windows Update. I tried to install 2007 Microsoft Office SP3, MS Office Compatibility SP3, and KB2393802, and I get the error message each time and the install fails. I've tried it numerous times with the same results. I tried MicrosoftFixIt, and it showed two issues with Windows Update that it repaired, but I still can't download those updates. Also I've googled the error code, which is where I found the MSFixIt.
Thanks for any help!

A:Error code 0x80096001 when using Windows Update or Defender

You currently have an open malware topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic431990.html/page__p__2506051#entry2506051 .Now that you have posted a malware log topic, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic...I have reopened your malware topic so that you can follow the requested actions.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435188/error-code-0x80096001-when-using-windows-update-or-defender/
Relevancy 84.28%

i noticed from last few days i m not able to update my win defender on my win 8.1
some kind of error message shows
error code 0x80004004
tried running sfc scan it find files that cant be fixed by it

Relevancy 84.28%

I started having problems a few weeks back with not will update, to Windows not update/Defender google.com redirected being Windows update/Defender will not update, redirected to google.com able to hibernate After trying various fix-its I suspected a virus Download Avast and ran -- found the following in a few files Win Jifas-AT Trj BV AutoRun-T Wrm Win Trojan-gen Other It moved these infected files to it's quot chest quot Windows hibernation began working again but I'm still unable to download any updates for Windows update/Defender will not update, redirected to google.com Windows Update and Windows Defender error code Also when I attempt to go to windowsupdate microsoft com I am redirected to www google com It would seem that I still have some leftovers of the viruses or perhaps other issues still persistent on my computer So I need some help What information do you need first Bill DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bill at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Users Bill AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows System notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Bill Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c progra... Read more

A:Windows update/Defender will not update, redirected to google.com

Hello SlartiBR,Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update. Updating Java: Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 14. Click the "Download" button to the right. At the Select Platform and Language for your download drop down box
Select Windows and Mult-Language Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement" then press Continue ( Selecting Windows will give you the 32 bit version. ) The page will refresh. Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe and save to your desktop. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
Java™ 6 Update 13
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.***************Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.Please post the contents of that document.***************Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=buttonhttp://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.htmlhttp://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exeDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. * Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan. * The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note) * The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. * Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237712/windows-updatedefender-will-not-update-redirected-to-googlecom/
Relevancy 84.28%

Good afternoon everyone I just still Update problematic? this Windows Defender KB915597 is - update received Windows Update KB915597 - is this Defender update still problematic? an alert from Windows Update that KB Windows Defender - listed as Important is ready to install However when doing both a Google search and a search here I find quite a lot of past posts going back a few years in which people have experienced significant problems after installing this particular update Info about the update also indicates once it is installed - it cannot be uninstalled Given the problems that have arisen with quite a few of Microsoft's Windows Updates patches in the past year or so - I'd prefer to be reasonably assured this quot out-of-patch-Tuesday quot update isn't going to cause issues Particularly given the fact once installed it can't be uninstalled I do not see this particular update shown in the list of currently installed updates on my computer My question Has anyone already downloaded installed this update today and experienced any issues with it Thank you for your time and any feedback

A:Windows Update KB915597 - is this Defender update still problematic?

My wireless usb adapter stopped working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371962-windows-update-kb915597-defender-update-still-problematic.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I wonder if anyone can help update windows also Code - Defender 0x80072efe Error found: i cant get updates from microsoft Have posted the files below Thanks for any help Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer mbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full scan C D Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Defender - Error found: Code 0x80072efe also windows update Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected Logfile of random s system information tool written by random random Run by fallows at - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows PLFSetI exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Launch Manager LManager exeC Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exeC Program Files Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files vSoft Rapidshare Auto Downloader RapidshareAutoDownloader exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users fallows Downloads RSIT exeC Program Files trend micro fallows exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a p m aspire R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a p m aspire R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a p m aspire R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a p m aspire R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x ActiveToolBand dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurit... Read more

A:Defender - Error found: Code 0x80072efe also windows update

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345396/defender-error-found-code-0x80072efe-also-windows-update/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Guys,

I'm getting the following pop-up from Windows Defender when I start the computer. The same message pops up when I try to start the service manually:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender service on Local Computer.

Error 0x800b0001: Unknown trust provider."

I've also noticed the Windows Update is unable to search for new updates, giving an Error Code 800B0001.

I've done some searching around the web and nothing I've done seems to work. What exactly is this error and does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Thanks.

A:Windows Defender/Update Error 0x800b0001: Unknown trust provider

Try the Microsoft FixIt: Windows Update Not Working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-defender-update-error-0x800b0001-unknown-trust-provider-702304.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have been getting these error codes every time i try to update windows
software. I have googled extensively on this problem and followed guides, but
its still giving me error codes. I am NOT using a proxy or anything like
that. This error poped up after I uninstalled kaspersky from my computer I
believe. I am running Vista 32bit SP1 (SP1 because i still havent been able
to update). I have tried using Microsoft's update links, but they are broken
because they just return me to google. Please help someone! I need to get
this fixed before tomorrow because of that new virus.

A:Error codes 80244019 (windows Update) and 0x8024402c (windows Defender)

Dude I just had my system crash after doing a windows update. I was trying to update everything before that new virus and now it looks like I have already been hit

I currently have a screen stuck saying

!! 0xc01a001d !! 37362/94537 (\Registry\machine\components\deriveddata...)

Is there anyone that can help?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/219643-error-codes-80244019-windows-update-0x8024402c-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 81.7%

* when trying to update Windows Defender Error code 0x80072efe is received
* redirection occurs when clicking on google search result links

Computer was infected with virus, cleaned it by uninstalling McAfee and installing Comodo

Removed malware by using MalwareBytes

used PCTools to correct 1,400+ registry problems

System:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ 2.40GHz 2.00 GB Ram 32bit Operating System

I appreciate your help...

-Kit

A:Windows Defender update error 0x80072efe and google search results are redirected

Hello Kit, cool name! but all that aside I have a couple things that will work.#1 Turn off Windows Defender & Firewall! If you're good at math this will be easy. Firewall (Windows) + Firewall (Comodo) do not mix!!Disable Windows Firewall asap. Two firewalls interfere with each other okay? Good. Also Windows Defender is close to useless so disabling it frees up valuable space on your PC.#2 If you're using Internet ExplorerDON'T do anything crazy like uninstall it BUT Install Either Mozilla Firefox or Opera (my favorite) as a web browser.That will help the dangerous redirects --------> YES?... Yes#3 Some like Malwarebytes but I swear by the product SUPERAntiSpyware. It's just better. Updates about 5 times a day!Do your self a favor and get it.#4 Don't panic. That's an important one. Some people panic and start deleting valuable files.5# Make sure your Windows is updated: Control Panel --> System & Security --> Windows Update Also: Control Panel --> Network & Internet --> Internet Options Click Tab Privacy Make sure it's on Medium High (I'm on Windows 7 it's probably a similar process for you too.)Now you will be in much better shape. If you need anything PM me. -ScottPM help is not recommended at BleepingComputer. Please keep all communications on board. - rigelBC Moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333888/windows-defender-update-error-0x80072efe-and-google-search-results-are-redirected/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just recently noticed that neither of these are working on my Windows 7 OS. When attempting to use Windows Update the menu via the control panel hangs. When the new window finally opens I can click on "Check for Updates" but it does nothing and tells me that the service is not running, reboot computer. There is also a message "find out more about software from (null)". I have scanned for viruses and malware but with no luck. I am also getting an error checking for updates in Windows Defender. Someone please help!

A:Windows Update/Defender will not update!

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.   Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties)Run FRST. Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan. Logfiles are created on your desktop. Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.   Scan with aswMBRPlease download aswMBR ( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.There will be a short delay before the next dialog box comes up. Please just wait a minute or two.When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.Typically this is about a 100MB download so depending on your connection speed it can take a short while to download and become ready.Click the Scan button to start the scan once the update has finished downloadingOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.Note: There will also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat do not delete this for now. It is an actual backup of the MBR (master boot record).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507972/windows-updatedefender-will-not-update/
Relevancy 77.83%

Windows update error code or unable Defender Windows Defender 10 denied: Windows update access to to Code because Windows Defender will not update Windows Defender from program error code Code x b timeout period expired Windows Defender access denied: unable to update Defender or to Windows 10 Windows Defender Network successfully able to start Windows Defender access denied: unable to update Defender or to Windows 10 in services msc Windows Defender Service error code Code x access denied I am unable to update windows defender or upgrade to windows because of it I have no other third party malware protection installed and am unable to start windows defender from the program the program opens but will not start and am unable to change anything else such as settings I have used services msc to try and start it from there and have had no luck but the windows defender network seems to start and work ok YES windows defender service is set to AUTOMATIC I have removed all malware detected by the full paid version of malwarebytes anti malware before uninstalling it only trainers for darksouls I have used regedit to remove all conflicting registry errors there were none also windows defender does not even show up in HKEYLOCAL MACHINE under microsoft I have used administrator command promt to run sfc scannow no change a few errors popped up but it said it couldn't get rid of them all This is about all i can remember that i have tried I'm sure there was more i can't think of right now nothing has helped one bit

A:Windows Defender access denied: unable to update Defender or to Windows 10

Are you running an antivirus other than Windows Defender?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586599/windows-defender-access-denied-unable-to-update-defender-or-to-windows-10/
Relevancy 76.97%

? Definisjonsoppdatering for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definisjon 1.225.3467.0) ? Feil 0x80070643

makes everything else updating stuck...

edit: norwegian: definisjon = definition, feil = error\fail

windows store does not work, photos\pictures app doesnt work

edit2: only windows defender update is stuck..
edit3: and edge refuses to start....

however i should be asking, is Microsoft working on all this?

A:windows update fail windows defender update

Try put in a Registry key that completely disables Defender and puts an end to these failed updates - see Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59415-windows-update-fail-windows-defender-update.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 74.39%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

We couldn't install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
We've set you PC back to where it was right before you started installing Windows 10
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation
What was tried: Connected straight to ethernet, Turned off wireless and Defender A/V, Removing the D/L files, D/L fresh from ISO file, launched install file, went through approx 50% and PC rebooted - nor stuck on black screen with swirling dots for OVER 4 hours with a brief HD access every couple of seconds.
Rebooted again -- still swirling dots on black screen. Tried again, same results.
Rebooted with F8 to get original Win 10 back.
Turned on "metered connection" option for WLAN to stop this update from happening. But now I cannot get and security updates for this machine.
Please suspend this D/L until fixed. Cannot afford to have no protection!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438835-update-windows-10-anniversary-update-will-not-install-error-0xc1900101-0x40017-second-boot.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey,

I'm trying to install update KB976932 (Windows Service pack 1 for 64bit) and KB982526 (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1) but I keep getting error 800b100 which stops me from doing so.

I've tried deactivating my firewall; manually installing from the microsoft website; and using the system readiness tool but I keep getting the same error

I've attached log files and I believe some files are corrupt. How can I replace them?
Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100

i am facing the same problem even, tried installing manually, readiness tool and fix it, nothing works. So i just turned off windows update,
windows update Code error 800B100
I amrunning 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/147233-windows-7-update-kb976932-kb982526-update-failure-error-800b100.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

I recieve error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run. It doesn't get past the stage of checking for updates.

I've tried several fixes including:
- Waiting 15 minutes and running Windows Update again.
- Letting Windows Update run on its own schedule.
- SFC /Scannow
- Renaming the Catroot2 Folder.
- Running 3 different Fixit tools.
- Clean windows install.

After each and every one of those fixes I've tried windows update and I still get error C80003FA.

SFC Scannow has previously said no errors, but the last run through it said there were unfixable errors. I've got the log, though for brevity's sake I will keep it until someone asks for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.

Clean windows install doesn't fix it? You must be blocked, maybe your firewall???

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251423-windows-update-fails-update-check-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My Windows Update has been failing to update for error 800F081F Windows to fails update, code Update a while now and I can't seem to find the solution Here's the run-down of what happens step by step Launch an update scan for Windows Update It scans for a few seconds then says Quote Install new Windows Update software To check for updates you must first install an update for Windows Update Once I click Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F Install it begins to quot Install and Update quot but then immediately returns to quot Checking for Updates quot The next box I see says Quote Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found Code F F This happens every time I've attempted to update After looking up the error code I found the main Windows site that gave me the following explaination If you receive Windows Update error F F it means that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider or a file Windows Update requires named catalog store is corrupted I've looked through multiple Windows forums and How-To's and have tried all the fixes I found SURT sfc scannow the standalone download for WU Windows Update Diagnostic multiple malware scans and Microsoft Fixit Ultimately I always get the same error code F F I should also say this problem has been here for a few months now and it's becoming more worrisome as more time passes The longer I wait to get this fixed the more I fear I will be hurting my computer Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to cooperate with any instructions or requests Thank you Mookey

A:Windows Update fails to update, error code 800F081F

Hi Mookeylee & welcome to Sevenforums.

Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions

We need to see the logs to determine the cause of the error.

Worst case scenario, and last resort, repair install windows 7. No big deal I just did 2 yesterday win7x64 Home Premium. Brink posted a great tutorial Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384786-windows-update-fails-update-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello. It all started couple of days ago when I wansn't able to start my Skype, because at the login window Skype uses Internet Explorer I've been trying couple of days to do something. At first I was getting internet explorer 10 update error, but somehow, magically, that update installed, but now!!! now it says that there's Internet explorer 9 update error! Please help, guys, really frustrated that I can't use skype, I really need it for my work. ty.

I've made logs with System Update Readiness Tool as suggested here Windows Update Posting Instructions, but when I try to attach it, it says

Quote:
CBS.zip:
Your file of 10.84 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 8.30 MB for this filetype.

What should I do? I've tried to zip CBS and to rar it, but the size is still bigger than allowed. HELP!

A:Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.

I'm thinking my CSB file is bigger than it has to be because I've been running this System Update Readiness Tool couple of times in last few days, maybe I should delete something out of there?

Update: I uploaded it here http://ge.tt/4ab6s9i/v/0, sorry if it's against the forum rulse, or something, will do as it must be done if this isn't appropriate. thx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292074-windows-update-error-9c48-internet-explorer-update.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,
First, excuse my english, I'm trying my best.

I get error C80003FA whenever I do a Windows Update run.

I did the Windows Update Posting instructions. When I did the SURT installation, it didn't finish and I had to reboot the PC. Then it work.

I've tried sfc /scannow several times before with different results: sometimes finished with no errors, sometimes finish with unfixable errors and sometimes didn't finish at all.

I uploaded the CBS.zip

Hope you can help me, thanks.

A:Windows Update doesn't update. Error code C80003FA

There are no errors in any of the posted logs
Please post the C:\WIndows\windowsupdate.log file.

Please also post the event logs...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...

Save the file as Appevt.evtx

Repeat for the System log

then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374917-windows-update-doesnt-update-error-code-c80003fa.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello.

I recently downloaded windows defender and it will not update. It says error found: 80004002

What can I do to fix this?

A:Windows defender will not update

How to troubleshoot definition update issues for Windows Defender.Microsoft Update Solution Center (includes a list of update issues)How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update installation issuesTroubleshooting: Automatic Updates...Errors when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updatesYou can also check with:Newsgroups for Windows DefenderWindows Defender Support & Training if all else fails, click the link titled Phone Support

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231943/windows-defender-will-not-update/
Relevancy 73.1%

Each day for the past 10 days I keep getting the same update notice: Important Update; Definition Update for Windows Defender KB915597. The first few times I installed it, but then discovered it was the same one each day. How to stop receiving this? And why is it happening?

A:Windows Defender update

KB915597 updates the list of bad things to look for.

If you use Windows Defender OR Microsoft Security Essentials, you should install KB915597 every time it is offered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389115-windows-defender-update.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi .. I am struggling to update windows Defender offline virus scanner. I have tried according to the instructions below:

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

however, when i run Mssstool64.exe, i have no option to update .. it only sends me to the next screen which warns me of formatting the USB drive. The other problem i am facing is that i am unable to use the tool as when i boot with it (usb or cd) , i get the error NEEDS UPDATE , check your internet connection. I am unable to download any updates here either, even with a LAN cable in (in offline mode).

Could someone please assist it is very frustrating

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129936-windows-defender-update.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello!
there's an update related to Windows Defender appears on Windows Update. For me, I'm using Avast Internet Security and Anti-Malwarebytes with Windows Defender Disabled.
is it necessary to update Windows Defender even if I'm not using it?

A:Windows defender update

Wont be necesarry, probably something wrong with Windows update.
Tried troubleshooting tool?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/69474-windows-defender-update.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My wife's Vista Home Edition computer will not permit AVG to update virus profiles.
Windows Defender ( Startup programs ) says " AVG is not yet classified "

Adobe, Java etc are " permitted " How do I make AVG permitted ?

Thanks

Lew

A:windows defender won't allow AVG update

Frankly Avg has issues in Vista and if I were you I would uninstall it and install Avira instead.
www.avira.com
Oh and disable Windows offender please, it does nothing but cause porblems anyway and you disable it in Control Panel , Admin Tools, Services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-defender-wont-allow-avg-update.700973/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey so I m using Windows Vista and I ve been defender Can't windows update having issues just in general with my computer Obviously my first thought was to run some anti-spyware software and I usually use Ad-Aware and Spybot but then I noticed that I couldn t update either Already checked the firewall to make sure they were allowed and whatnot and read through Lavasofts forums and tried reinstalling but they updates still won t work Then I noticed that my Windows defender also wouldn t update So I just ran HJT and I have no idea how to use it other than to post the log so you guys just let me know if you need to know anything else Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Windows Can't update windows defender sttray exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Users Nick Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACG amp m t- uR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACG amp m t- uR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACG amp m t- uR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - CA EB - F - -AA -B C CE - no file O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Search Toolbar - C C -FAD - C- -BE F E - C Program Files Search Toolbar tbcore dll file missing O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe qu... Read more

A:Can't update windows defender

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324367/cant-update-windows-defender/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

Get "Error found: Code 0x80072efd" while trying to update windows defender. OS is Vista.

Help please.

Thanks

A:Windows Defender does not update

Reasons/solutions here:
http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-defender-does-not-update.157454/
Relevancy 73.1%

my windows defender wont update. pls bail me out.

A:cant update windows defender

hi this is from ms http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918355

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-update-windows-defender-405656.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I've got 1 desktop and 2 laptops, all running XP. I've got Windows Defender on board on all three. But on one of the laptops, Windows Defender won't update. I've tried uninstalling a couple of times. I've ran Register Toolkit. I've done everything I know to get it off my laptop and then reinstall. But I always wind up with the Windows Defender down on the lower right (with a little exclamation point surrounded by yellow). When I click on it, I get a message that it wasn't updated, with the following data in the Windows defender window (without the quotes):

"Definition Update 1.13.1282.6 for BETA Windows Defender (KB915597)"

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

pjblevin

A:windows defender won't update

I'm posting a reply to my own post. I put the following item into the Google window (without the quotes):

"Definition Update 1.13.1282.6 for BETA Windows Defender (KB915597)"

After looking at a few hits, somebody said to put the following item into the "run" window, and then click OK:

Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}

Damned if it didn't work. And that's after spending a couple of hours trying to fix the problem. So if anybody has this kind of issue with Windows Defender, you can try this.

pjblevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-defender-wont-update.446828/
Relevancy 73.1%

While updating Windows Defender on my mom's brand new computer less than ten days old Win I got this message Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated This app couldn't check for virus and spyware definition updates Check your Internet or network connection and try again Click help for more information about this problem Problem is my Internet connection is working fine I'm typing this message from that very computer with the Defender error message running in the background I tried restarting Windows once only to be hit with some updates before computer would reboot Upon reboot no luck with Defender so I shut Defender Update Will Windows Not down completely only to endure more updates Booted again Defender's still a no-go Did a System Restore to five days ago Defender still won't update This computer has seen very little action No downloads No pop-ups or strange messages or odd computer behavior of any kind Defender was working updating out of the box a week ago but not now Suggestions UPDATE Windows Defender Will Not Update I tried to close Defender by right clicking on window in task bar Defender will not close and I get this pop-up message Invalid Windows handle Click help for more information about this problem Huh

A:Windows Defender Will Not Update

See if you can do it manually: https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/definitions/adl.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559728/windows-defender-will-not-update/
Relevancy 73.1%

For several Windows update won't Defender days since April Windows Defender has been unable to update its virus spyware Windows Defender won't update definitions Everytime I try to update it I receive a message saying The virus and spyware definitions didn't update on date time because of an internet or network connectivity problem Trying to update it via Windows Update is also unsuccessful It appears that the updates have been downloaded but will not install the first time I try to Windows Defender won't update update the program tells me that it is downloading but fails when it tries to install I haven't received Windows Defender won't update any other updates for Windows yet so I don't know if this is just a problem with Defender I have no other active security products that may be conflicting I use Malwarebytes Antimalware but only the free version without realtime protection Scans with both MBAM and Defender have come up clean and I have no other problems with my computer Is there a simple way to fix this issue

A:Windows Defender won't update

Any error codes? Quoting the error message was helpful. Sometimes there's a code, too, that can help pinpoint the problem. Did you look in Event Viewer? If the update installation failure was logged there then there may be some more details. I'm not sure the update downloaded completely because the error message blames an internet or network connectivity problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941 That's a link to a Microsoft Fixit for connection-related errors that may occur when using Windows Update. I haven't tried that Fixit with Windows 8 so I'm not making any promises and you'll use it at your own risk. However, usually the tools Microsoft provides for its own software and operating systems are ok.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529551/windows-defender-wont-update/
Relevancy 73.1%

I?ve got a dial up conection thru a proxy and i can?t update the windows defender when I try show this error message:
0x8024402c Windows defender couldn?t install the definition updates because the proxy server or taget server name can?t be resolve.
Any help about this?

A:I can´t update my windows defender

Probably not a good idea to try and perform an update through a proxy through a dial-up connection. Have you tried it without the proxy, or are you required to use the proxy?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/2972-i-can-t-update-my-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My system indicates that I need to update the definitions in Windows Defender. I click on "Check for Updates" and receive a message "Windows Defender is checking for updates ...."After a time I get a message "Can't install definitions updates" Error 0x80070643.
I've tried all of the suggestions from Microsoft Support but still cannot update. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike

A:Windows Defender Update

Hiya

As you've tried all the fixes by Microsoft, have they been the following? Just need to rule out what you've already tried
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/sh...72&siteid=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1

May be Vista, but could help:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1616932&SiteID=17

http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...&tid=e0ba416e-9bde-48b3-9631-04b0d81fad69&p=1

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-defender-update.574846/
Relevancy 73.1%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I Issue 80073712 Error Windows update - Update not will am having some issues with my windows update It will not update Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update at all I am also unable to update my internet explorer Any help is appreciated Please see attached logs and below code Thanks Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - - -FYVQB Windows Product Key Hash BiGPTnEmebjLKyvsFO OMYyy gc Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AD B- B- D B-A D -D E DF B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt P E Premium lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt DBA E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt EF E BB D lt Val gt lt Hash gt I aR JZ HnlLhxyLFCA XOuw lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Ver... Read more

A:Windows Update Issue - Error 80073712 will not update

Hello habeeb786 and welcome to the forums

Could you follow the instructions here please:

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266593-windows-update-issue-error-80073712-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Greetings,

I am unable to install "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2761217)" and get "Error Code 8007065E" after the update finishes downloading and attempts to install. See attached for the logs and a screenshot of the error.
Thanks!
Yoha

A:Windows Update Error 8007065E on Update KB2761217

You have some errors in the CheckSUR log which are likely causing your problem - for ease of access, I'll put them here....

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_a7612cac4a5ea0e2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_a4d38ecd3432052f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17130_none_46cc128a0951a80d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_a57100044d3f6a3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22118_none_4959b0691f7e43c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_48a5fc16067ff9cf.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-06_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17959_none_a6ad7859316056f1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-calibri_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21329_none_476983c1225f0d1c.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2761217~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat

Your SFC scan is apparently clear..

I'll post a fix protocol later for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275300-windows-update-error-8007065e-update-kb2761217.html
Relevancy 72.67%

After buying a new hard drive and reimaging thumb drive from Dell, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 Precision Laptop. I have everything working except Windows Update will not Update. It has not updated once since the install. Windows Tech
support has not been able to resolve the issue, even with remote assistance. I get the Error Code 0x80070003 after running the Windows Update Diagnostic Tool. Does anyone know how to fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfaac767-7d89-4254-8ce7-368b149f2945/error-code-0x80070003-windows-update-will-not-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello. Been having this update issue and already run SURT, Fixit, and SVC to no avail. Even spent some time on a live chat with a microsoft tech to help me out but his tools couldn't help much. So, I've come here to hope for a miracle.

Here are my log files. The attachment manager isn't working at time of posting so I will attempt to upload the full CBS .zip later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383938-windows-update-error-800b0100-update-kb3046017.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I didn't see any posts about this, so I hope I am not double posting.

After removing a drive load of viruses, I am still not able to update Windows Vista to Service Pack 1. I have even tried to create a new admin user account in hopes that this would work, but no go. I tried running sfc.exe / scannow from the CMD and it did report that it was unable to repair wextract.exe. Also, the file reportingevents.txt located in %system root%\windows\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.txt lists "Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80070490".
Although, I think Windows Defender can update. I need to take a break.

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219545/windows-update-will-not-update-error-code-80070490/
Relevancy 72.67%

Been using Google and such for a couple months messing with it but cant get update to work. My girlfriend updated from Vista a while ago and I cant crack this! I have done all the differect things I could find from Microsoft to no avail. The fixit program finds something and says its fixed but still doesnt work.

Any ideas you all could give would be great! Thanks.

A:Update for Windows Update Error Code 800700B7

Hello bobo and welcome am no expert mate but take a look at this Windows update KB2532531 gets error code 800700B7 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278382-update-windows-update-error-code-800700b7.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Windows Update was working fine until earlier this month, when it suddenly started displaying the mentioned error code.

Have tried running the FixIt tool from Microsoft to reset Windows Update components, but it cannot repair the Windows Update error.

Tried running SURT, but it gave a message about not being able to install hotfix.

SFC /SCANNOW cannot run.

Attached screenshots and log folder.

A:Windows Update error 8008005 on search and update

Have you tried a start up repair from the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343310-windows-update-error-8008005-search-update.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an Acer Aspire Ethos laptop running Windows Ultimate x SP is installed according to system properties came installed Windows update was working fine until maybe June or May of this year I have tried a number of hotfixes several microsoft fixit automatic normal and aggressive runs the sfc scannow in admin CMD mode and also uninstalled the Error Fail 80073712 Self-update Update Windows last ten or so updates I have also deleted the contents of the Downloaded Installation Files within C Windows but that also did not fix the error Have also tried disabling my antivirus but that did not change anything windows update will not self-update at all Nothing seems to work Please help Below see a typical update attempt from the log repeats almost every other day more or less the same Quote - - c AU START AU Search for updates - - c AU - Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 - c AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712 B - F -ABF -BED E B - - d Agent - - d Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - d Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - d Agent ServiceID F -A - - - A D EFE D Third party service - - d Agent Search Scope Machine - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - d Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - d Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v win v wuredir cab error x - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - d Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - d Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - d Setup Skipping selfupdate check An update was already attempted and failed - - d Agent WARNING Skipping scan self-update check returned x D - - d Agent WARNING Exit code x D - - d Agent - - d Agent END Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - d Agent - - d Agent WARNING WU client failed Searching for update with error x d - - d Report CWERReporter finishing event handling - - f AU gt gt RESUMED AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU WARNING Search callback failed result x D - - f AU WARNING Failed to find updates with error code D - - f AU - - f AU END AU Search for updates CallId DC A D A- B - F -ABF -BED E B - - f AU - - f AU Need to show Unable to Detect notification - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU AU setting next detection timeout to - - - - f AU Setting AU scheduled install time to - - - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - f AU Successfully wrote event for AU heal... Read more

A:Windows Update Self-update Fail Error 80073712

agreed. I am facing a similar problem as you. Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252798-windows-update-self-update-fail-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

A:Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Heloo there, my 1st post. use vista ultimate M unable to update defender-get error code 0x80240029 tried several times. now what to do ?

A:Unable To Update Windows Defender

The friendly (?) folks at Microsoft have a knowledge base article describing the fix for you problem, titled "Error message when you try to update Windows Defender on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Error found: Code 0x80240029""Please click h e r e. Oh, and to the board, Patrick.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92847/unable-to-update-windows-defender/
Relevancy 72.24%

Several errors going on when i try n run these programs Looks like some key registry entries have been deleted by something someone Windows update says something like the service cannot be started because it is not running windows may Update/Defender Windows Broken... need to be restarted Winows defender says something like windows defender is turned off if you are using another application that checks for harmful software check use the action center to check that programs status I downloaded and installed FSS like was recommended in another post and have attatched the log In that same thread it was recommended to check the event viwer to which i had error in the service control manager I also attatched the log for that I started looking into these problems because google links are being redirected to ads and research led me thru all these steps to finally give up and post here I've run Rkill AVG Malwarebytes TDS and one of those logs also showed me the services were missing for defender udate Windows Update/Defender Broken... etc Hopefully i've done the due diligence here and the experts can help me If I haven't done enough i am very willing to comply with all request to fix my ladies computer THANKS

A:Windows Update/Defender Broken...

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.6.2
Run by Pam at 19:44:36 on 2012-09-17
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3563.1862 [GMT -7:00]
AV: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF}
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Enabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Enabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {D8BEB080-B73A-17E3-1B37-B6B462689202}
FW: Norton Internet Security *Disabled* {5BE4D041-DB6F-1935-0AD8-24F3E73C9FC4}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~2\AVG\AVG2012\avgrsa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgcsrva.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\STacSV64.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Client Services\HPClientServices.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HPDrvMntSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPWMISVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Verizon\IHA_MessageCenter\Bin\Verizon_IHAMessageCenter.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe
C:\ProgramData\Skype\Toolbars\Skype C2C Service\c2c_service.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\ProgramData\TVersity\Media Server\MediaServer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVG Secure Search\vToolbarUpdater\11.2.0\ToolbarUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Auto\HPAuto.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgidsagent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgnsa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgemca.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP LaunchBox\HPTaskBar1.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP LaunchBox\HPTaskBar2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickWeb\hpqwutils.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP On Screen Display\HPOSD.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPMSGSVC.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqWmiEx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\YCMMirage.exe
C:\Program F... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-defender-broken-666375.html
Relevancy 72.24%

i have updated my windows defender several times (the same update)

the update is ...

KB915597 (Def. 1.23.4310.0)

as i said the update installs and everything seems fine until about a week later when the same update is found and installed

and so the vicious circle begins again

anyone had this problem?? or know of a fix??

Thanks
RellikZephyr

A:Windows Defender Update Not Sticking

Originally Posted by RellikZephyr

i have updated my windows defender several times (the same update)

the update is ...

KB915597 (Def. 1.23.4310.0)

as i said the update installs and everything seems fine until about a week later when the same update is found and installed

and so the vicious circle begins again

anyone had this problem?? or know of a fix??

Thanks
RellikZephyr

Hi RellikZephyr,

The definition updates for Windows Defender will always have the same KB915597 name. The Def version should be the one that changes each time.

If it is the same (Def. 1.23.4310.0) version over and over, then you might try installing it manually. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923159

Just select the x64 (70632) download link.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/109607-windows-defender-update-not-sticking.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Since yesterday i keep getting this error.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Update Fails Windows and Defender

See this post for info on the problem.

Error Codet install - Microsoft Community

In the past I had Defender not update a couple times. I solved it by d/l ing the definitions manually & installing them. In both instances after doing this, my updates started working again.

You may also wish to run a SFC to see if anything need repaired.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923159

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/14986-update-fails-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Microsoft released an updated version of its free Windows Defender Anti Spyware software. The installer comes in just under 6 MB -a little smaller than the earlier version. Users will need to pass the Genuine Windows check in order to download it.new release: Windows Defender v1.1.1347.0Signature 1.14.1396.12prior: Windows Defender v1.1.1051.0Signature 1.14.1396.12Download latest version here.Remember: This is still a beta version.

A:Windows Defender Version Update 4/12/06

Downloaded the installer and tried to install two times. Downloaded the installer a second time, and tried to install for the third time. Each time the installation process stopped with the message that it had been interrupted before completion, the system has not been modified and to try again at a later time.

Anybody else having problems?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49724/windows-defender-version-update-41206/
Relevancy 72.24%

Good'ay Everyone !!!

Windows Defender Beta 2 is at it agin'

Recent attempts to download and install Update 1.14.1669.8 (KB915587) failed with these codes:

1. With download from Defender Console: Unable to complete update 0x80240022 Wrong diskette in drive Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number %3) into drive %1.

2. With Automatic Updates: Install failed 0x800B0109.

Reading the Article - Cannot Download/Install Certain Programs/Updates - on the Microsoft site; I found that once again there were needed updates/installs to w2000 needed to support these upgrades.

I downloaded and installed:

1. Direct X End-User Run Time Update

2. Security Update for Direct X9 KB904706

3. Root Certificates Update

4. Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components KB832483

After these were installed the update ran normally and works great !!!!!!!

Been a coupla days and all seems/runs welllll........

I hope this helps someone outhere....you have been such a help to me.....thank you

Stay happy and healthy.

Respectfully,

LaughingMutt

A:Windows Defender Update Failure

OOPS !!!!!!!!! Here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798Me Bad - SorryLaughingMutt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65356/windows-defender-update-failure/
Relevancy 72.24%

Help me or my father is Windows Antivirus Defender! or Help. Update Cant my going to kill me Really he will abuse me DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Tan amp Hang at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe Help. Cant Update my Antivirus or Windows Defender! C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Help. Cant Update my Antivirus or Windows Defender! C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Tan amp Hang Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp vuilen com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s uURLSearchHooks SearchSettings Class e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files search settings kb SearchSettings dll BHO D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - No File BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO iercptbho Class d cdc d- be- -a ef-e f e - c users tan amp hang appdata local qip iercpt dll BHO SearchSettings Class e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files search settings kb SearchSettings dll TB B D E -CC - B -A - ECE F - No File TB C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - No File TB EFBC C-CD - F-B - FCE C - No File TB E C F -A A- F C- FEC-FD DC A... Read more

A:Help. Cant Update my Antivirus or Windows Defender!

Howdy, my name is Hoov, and I will be helping you with your dilemma.

Please make sure you watch this thread for responses. If you click the options tab at the top of your first post, you can select to track this thread.

Here is what I am asking you to do during the repair of your computer

*Tell me everything that you have done, if anything, to try and fix this problem.

*Please only use 1 forum to help clear up your problem. Posting on more than 1 and following instructions from more than 1 forum will cause those helping you to pull out thier hair.

*Follow my instructions - If you can't for some reason, or if you don't understand something, please tell me. If you deviate from my instructions, tell me, it may make a difference on where we go. Don't install anything, even other programs that have nothing to do with security or malware, it could cause things to change, and I would never know it.

*Have faith. I will do all I can to get your computer working, and if I can't - someone else here will know something else to try.

*Stick with me to the end. My aim is to fix your problems, and give you the tools and knowledge to keep this from happening again.

Now onto trying to fix your computer. I am looking over your log now, can you post up a new DDS log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191861/help-cant-update-my-antivirus-or-windows-defender/
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm sure there has to be some sort of mixup, but i just downloaded the latest definition file for defender (1mb, unusually large for defender). As soon as it downloaded, Avast seen it as a Trojan Horse

Malware Name: Win32elf-MBA [Trj]

VPS version 6/22/09

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{68D5893E-98DC-45F6-9AE3-6CA925079455}\mpasbase.vdm.temp

A:Windows defender update = virus?

Oh well, better to be safe than sorry.

As long as they don't pull an AVG (removing system files)..

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/14076-windows-defender-update-virus.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

After the update of one of the windows defender KB915597 definition update, Vista internet securtiy has come up with a certain malware,trojan in my laptop which are not detected by avast and its not allowing me to browse any sites saying its a possible threat and asking me purchase the full version of Vista security . I dont want to purchase this.I tried System restore, but still I face this alert message. Now I am posting this message via office system.

The vista service pack 2 installation is also getting failed, don't know if its related to the above update.

Please provide a solution.

A:Update of Windows defender-KB915597

Try going back a month in system restore. You may not have gone back far enough, or the malware is in SR, too.

The update and malware is just a conincidence.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/269265-update-windows-defender-kb915597.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows Defender's definitions updating is done by Windows Update automatically.
There is no need to do manual update.

If one wants to find out whether WD is up to date, just open WD > click Update tab, and it will show the Time update was done as well as the definition version it has installed.

The current up to date definition is 1.223.959.0

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/52659-re-windows-defender-definition-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows did an update on Dec since then defender switches off Can switch back on update off switching Windows 10 keeps defender after several ways but switches Windows 10 defender keeps switching off after update off again within - seconds DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Daryl at on - - Microsoft Windows Home GMT AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost Windows 10 defender keeps switching off after update exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k RPCSS C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C WINDOWS system nvvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System WUDFHost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k utcsvc C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C WINDOWS system dashost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k appmodel C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Common Files MAGIX Services Database bin FABS exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Solutions HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Nero Update NASvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C WINDOWS System dwm exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C WINDOWS system nvvsvc exe C WINDOWS system sihost exe C WINDOWS system taskhostw exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Windows System RuntimeBroker exe C Windows SystemApps ShellExperienceHost cw n h txyewy ShellExperienceHost exe C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy SearchUI exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II EPU EPUHelp exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe C Program Files HP HP Officejet series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe C Program Files HP HP Officejet series Bin HPNetworkCommunicatorCom exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k UnistackSvcGroup C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe C WINDOWS system ApplicationFrameHost exe C WINDOWS ImmersiveControlPanel SystemSettings exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsStore x wekyb d bbwe WinStore Mobile exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsAlarms x wekyb d bbwe Time exe C Windows System SystemSettingsBroker exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp asus msn com uDefault Page URL hxxp asus msn com BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - ... Read more

A:Windows 10 defender keeps switching off after update

Also no CD as windows10 downloaded from microsoft.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-10-defender-keeps-switching-off-after-update-1079769.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I upgraded to win 10 about a week ago and although things in general seem pretty straight forward, I am rather concerned that although Win defender says Definitions up to date, there is no trace of a defender definition in "view your update history".
I guess this might be by design, but it would be nice to have some reassurance about this.

A:Windows Defender update query.

Hi Greybeard, Welcome to Ten Forums. You can check to see the latest definitions installed by typing "windows defender" (without the quotes) into the search box, clicking on "windows defender desktop app" and then the update tab. It will show you the dates of the latest definitions.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/30795-windows-defender-update-query.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows did an update on Dec since then defender switches off Can switch back on several ways but switches off again within - seconds 10 keeps off update Windows switching after defender DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Daryl at on - - Microsoft Windows Home GMT AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E Windows 10 defender keeps switching off after update -DA C ACF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k RPCSS C WINDOWS system Windows 10 defender keeps switching off after update svchost Windows 10 defender keeps switching off after update exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C WINDOWS system nvvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System WUDFHost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k utcsvc C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C WINDOWS system dashost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k appmodel C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Common Files MAGIX Services Database bin FABS exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Solutions HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Nero Update NASvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C WINDOWS System dwm exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C WINDOWS system nvvsvc exe C WINDOWS system sihost exe C WINDOWS system taskhostw exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Windows System RuntimeBroker exe C Windows SystemApps ShellExperienceHost cw n h txyewy ShellExperienceHost exe C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy SearchUI exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II EPU EPUHelp exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe C Program Files HP HP Officejet series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe C Program Files HP HP Officejet series Bin HPNetworkCommunicatorCom exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k UnistackSvcGroup C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe C WINDOWS system ApplicationFrameHost exe C WINDOWS ImmersiveControlPanel SystemSettings exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsStore x wekyb d bbwe WinStore Mobile exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsAlarms x wekyb d bbwe Time exe C Windows System SystemSettingsBroker exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp asus msn com uDefault Page URL hxxp asus msn com... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-10-defender-keeps-switching-off-after-update-1079769.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently did an experiment and started a fresh 7 install, but with registry changes. All my programs are on a partition other than C, and so is the boot record, PowerShell, my user profile, and all Windows temp files. Some of these changes required updating the registry, while others merely required changing the Environment Variables.

Since I modified the registry and all my programs are on a separate partition, Windows Update cannot provide updates for Windows Defender; the updates just fail. All other updates work succesfully I tried to go into the registry to change the default install location for Windows Defender, but no option was available under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. From what I can tell, Windows Defender is not running at all.

Has anybody found a fix for this issue?

A:After registry changes, Windows Defender cannot update

I had a Defender issue kind of like that....Is your Event Viewer working? Mine was not and when I managed to Google a fix and tried it Defender came back as well as Event Viewer. It was a "permissions" thing..Maybe error 1042 on the viewer??? Maybe.....not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/111072-after-registry-changes-windows-defender-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I got an won't Am I update... Windows Defender infected? error code x when attempting to update windows defender My system specs are as follows OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name QUACKAS-PC System Manufacturer Sony Corporation System Windows Defender won't update... Am I infected? Model VGN-FW D System Type x -based PC Processor Intel reg Core Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc R Y SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Canada Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Quackas-PC Quackas Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys I am almost sure I have viruses on my computer I have run TDSSkiller aswMBR ESET online scanner malwarebytes-anti-malware mini toolbox FSS adware cleaner Windows repair tool rkill They all seemed to help I feel I have backed this virus into a corner but without someone to go over the logs I can t know for sure and as I said my windows defender won t update error code x and now my windows update gives error code I haven t been able to update to SP for vista for over a year it always said I don t have permission but I am the only person who uses this laptop I am set in administrator Help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Defender won't update... Am I infected?

Hello, so you say you ran all those tools and they DID remove things. Have you rebooted the machine since?Would you post the FSS log please.There is a suggestion here you might try. L@@K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468897/windows-defender-wont-update-am-i-infected/
Relevancy 72.24%

When I update my computer or when it does it automatically, the Definition Update for Windows Defender always comes back as failed. why is that? and do i need it if i have AVG and ZoneAlarm?

A:Windows Defender Update Fail

I would get rid of both AVG and ZoneAlarm, and install Microsoft Security Essentials. It will disable Windows Defender when you install it. It does a great job of anti-virus and anti-spyware, and you don't need a separate firewall if the Windows one is turned on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57160-windows-defender-update-fail.html
Relevancy 72.24%

http://www.pixpond.com/1/qw7t9n.jpg It would be nice if it downloaded correctly..

BETA Windows Defender (KB892519) (Public Event)
16 February 2006
Calendar Posts: Definition Update 1.13.1276.3 for BETA Windows Defender (KB892519) 1.70MB
Get it through Windows updates!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/beta-windows-defender-update.443189/
Relevancy 72.24%

I read another thread having the same issues as myself but wasn't 100% on what to do. I downloaded Fanbar Service Scanner and have included the results. Is there any hope to fixing this. The time is appreciated

FSS14Oct.txt

A:Windows update and Defender not working.

Hi can you 1 tell us which operating system your using as your listing xp and this is the win 7 and vista forum, 2 exactly what is the issue with the update and windows defender

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-and-defender-not-working-670737.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I'm running the Windows Defender and I was wondering how do I update the definitions. I can not seem to find the update button anyway on the program.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I think I've contracted some kind of virus malware For some reason I can't use Windows Update It's set to Automatic but I still get the quot Action Center can't change Update settings quot error message Windows Update isn't showing in Services Neither is the Background Intelligent thing Windows Defender refuses to Update even manually I've tried various quot fixes quot from Microsoft including the Fixit tool many times but this does not resolve the issue Was advised to Stop Start Windows Update but it does not appear in quot services msc quot I've purchased BitDefender Antivirus but it refuses to install or work properly Switched off Windows Firewall did the Unblock run as Admin thing but still I get the quot Bitdefender cannot install quot error It keeps telling me to quot Restart computer quot Even after I use their Uninstall tool the program refuses to work It reports quot BitDefender cannot install files quot Windows SP is not installed probably because Windows Update/Defender/other problems Windows Update isn't functioning I don't know I haven't monkeyed around with installing SP manually As Windows came installed on this laptop I don't have a boot disk or installation CD I have a Product ID if necessary for proving the legality of my Windows Tried Windows Security Essentials no help there I've recently allowed updates from Blizzard for the newest World of Warcraft expansion via Blizzard Downloader but I'm unsure whether this affects Windows Update Defender I installed the new Adobe Flash update a few days ago Again unsure whether this matters at all I haven't downloaded or allowed anything questionable to my knowledge I don't use those torrent things Windows Update/Defender/other problems or download music movies etc I was on vacation until a few days ago Everything was functioning before I left as far as I know My brother used this laptop a few times while I was in FLA but only for routine purposes He reported no problems or abnormal system behavior Specs logs data included below I also have HijackThis Windows Update/Defender/other problems ready if needed I'm very grateful for your help Thanks so much Rob ASUS Notebook K F K F series Intel Core i CPU M ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Rob at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system FBAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program... Read more

Relevancy 72.24%

Please Help. The windows update will not complete I get error Code 80096001 and down in the right corner of the screen there is a message that keeps popping up saying "Windows can't check for updates"
Windows defender says can't check for updates and error 0x80096001.
Thanks,
Tony

A:Windows Update and Defender Problem

Did you go to the support center and type the error message into the search bar?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-and-defender-problem-640401.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Having an issue with kb2267602 It keeps popping up after installing.

Henry

A:Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender updates typically at least once a day, sometimes more often.. so this can happen more than once.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/31517-windows-defender-definition-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

the past week or so I have had a problem with updates for windows defender in win 8.1 failing to work.
is it from any of the last updates on patch Tuesday? or another problem.
I can get the update from a windows site and install it from that but not from defender its self or windows update
thanks

A:windows defender update fail

Hey Shakennstirred,

please can you go through this tutorial:

DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

Please post back how you got on.

all the best,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/41143-windows-defender-update-fail.html
Relevancy 72.24%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lobsters at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live enabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe Defender Cant and virus update Windows and -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe Cant update Windows and Defender and virus C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Cant update Windows and Defender and virus Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files SMINST BLService exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RMTray exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files WiniFighter Software WiniFighter WiniFighterSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Lobsters Downloads dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar Preserve mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb uURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll B... Read more

A:Cant update Windows and Defender and virus

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

It appears that you have three antivirus programs installed, Avira, ESET, and Norton. Even though Avira isn't running, and only pieces of Norton are running, they can all still conflict with one another and cause system instability or even system hangs. Please choose one to keep and uninstall the others via Programs and Features in your Control Panel.

I suggest keeping ESET. Make sure you uninstall Norton, then do the following:

Please download the Norton Removal Tool and Save it to your Desktop.Close all programs and double-click the Norton_Removal_Tool.exe then click Run
In Vista, right-click and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Restart the computer if asked.
Then delete Norton_Removal_Tool.exe from your desktop.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

Download ComboFix from any of the links below. You must rename it to ComFix before saving it. Save it to your Desktop.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Main and select 'Always ask me where to save files' and click OK.

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComFix.exe to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
Get help here
Double-click on ComFix.exe & follow the prompts.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-update-windows-and-defender-and-virus-431224.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have just started to use Windows Defender on W8.1 and cannot see a way to get it to auto update without getting all the other Windows updates to auto update as well. I prefer to manage the general Windows updates myself and decide when (or if) to apply them. However, like other AV products, I would lIke it to update automatically.

Any thoughts on how to do this - it must be able to do it

A:Auto update Windows Defender

I thought it did by itself? First off, you can set windows updates to only install important updates, and uncheck the box that says give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates. That way you do not have to install recommended updates. Important updates should be installed no matter what, they protect your computer, etc.

If you don't want to do that, then see if it auto-updates despite the windows update being off, on its own. Give it a few days. If it does, you got it! If not, there is a high high chance you cannot do anything to keep it updated, as it is a built in windows feature

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/42344-auto-update-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Having a problem with windows defender. It will not update and the most irritating part is it will not stay on or active. I tried to reinstall and did not work. Help

A:Windows Defender will not update or stay on

I found this on the web. Might be worth looking at.http://blogs.eweek.com/devlife/content/vis..._turn_on_1.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196590/windows-defender-will-not-update-or-stay-on/
Relevancy 72.24%

Did windows defender perform auto update and auto scan daily? Since i noticed it is quite often that the definition is outdated and i need to updated it manually.

A:Windows Defender Auto Update?

any kind soul can help to answer this question?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/32798-windows-defender-auto-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I think I should have got more Updates than this right?  Only Windows Defender came through this Tuesday.  I do have some issues with my HDD so maybe have some corrupt Updater files.  Did you guys get more?

Have never been able to get the Updater Icon back either, so maybe this is also telling me I have corrupt files.  I tried all suggestions at this forum in the Thread devoted to this.

A:Windows Defender was only Update I got this Tues?

I saw a no. of Windows Updates go on Windows 7 Pro PCs Wed., then a couple more on Friday.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613937/windows-defender-was-only-update-i-got-this-tues/
Relevancy 72.24%

i have windows defender and my windows xp os is validated but when i would click CHECK FOR UPDATES NOW in windows defender i would get a message saying Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

A:Windows Defender Update Prob

HiThis problem could be caused by any number of reasons. Follow this link to manually download and install the latest definitions.http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/ADL.aspx#top

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172225/windows-defender-update-prob/
Relevancy 72.24%

Initially on Win7, I was manually updating Security Essentials when was offline from this link:

How to manually download the latest definition updates for Microsoft Security Essentials

You choose x86 or x64 and go from there.

What's not mentioned, is that you can use the same links to update Windows Defender on Win8 as well.

I've been doing this for quite some time without issues. So the two programs are very much alike.

A:Windows Defender manual update

Why do you need to manual update offline ? I can manually update online anytime by opening Windows Defender, click on update tab then click update. What is the difference ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/21659-windows-defender-manual-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

I have old Sygate Personal Firewall installed and I have blocked essentially all files from connecting to the internet unless I know what files those are. The issue now is, I don't know which files connect to the internet for downloading Windows XP and Defender updates as I can not update when firewall is on.
I wrote to MS support and the guy suggested me to switch off the firewall for update but I am not very comfortable with this suggestion.

Can anyone tell me which files I should allow to connect to the internet for downloading these updates?

Thanks a lot for all input in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-and-defender-update-behind-firewall.567313/
Relevancy 71.38%

Each day I got two definition updates. One for Windows Defender and the other one for Microsoft Security Essentials.

The one for Security Essentials installs without any problems, the one for Defender fails with error 8007007E.

A:Windows Update trying to install Defender updates despite using MSE

It sounds as if Defender isn't properly switched off.

Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Right-click on the saved file and select 'Run as Administrator', and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/342545-windows-update-trying-install-defender-updates-despite-using-mse.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I got Defender Error Code x Whereas I can t visit update windows com entering this site takes me to the www google com using Windows Unable update Defender and to Window Chrome and on IE it gives me Diagnose Connection Problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Unable to update Windows and Window Defender Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Documents and Settings d e m o N Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFXFER exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Documents and Settings d e m o N Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings d e m o N Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings d e m o N Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings d e m o N Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files DAP DAP exe C Documents and Settings d e m o N Desktop hijackthis exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pimpmysearch com home html gname -- XY -- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title The InGenious - DEmON daNI R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL file missing O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-update-windows-and-window-defender.789279/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am getting a message saying the program was unable to check for updates and the same happens with windows defender I am also recently having a problem where i click on a link from google results and it opens in a new window and sometimes shows an ad or something entirely different thanks for the help here is my Hijack this log this is the first time im doing this so tell me if im doing it right Logfile of Trend Spy Cannot sweeper Defender Windows update Definitions or Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Cannot update Windows Defender or Spy sweeper Definitions Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows V Mon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Cannot update Windows Defender or Spy sweeper Definitions Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR Cannot update Windows Defender or Spy sweeper Definitions - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts messenger hotmail comO - Hosts dp msnmessenger akadns netO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Microsoft copyright - C D -CC - e a- -BACACD B E - sxmg dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run V Mon exe quot C Windows V Mon exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe quot startintrayO - HKCU Run Internet Security Service quot c RECYCLER S- - - - - - - svchost exe quot O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG quot C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe quot O - HKCU Run Systray quot C Windows system rundll exe quot sxmg dll RunMainO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Gopher Prefix O - DPF CCA D- A - E -B - DEE D Facebook Photo Uploader Control - http upload facebook com controls toUploader cabO - DPF DD - - F - F D-D MySpace Uploader Control - h... Read more

A:Cannot update Windows Defender or Spy sweeper Definitions

Hello chrisryanreyWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.Disable any script blocking protection Double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS.txt will open. Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan. Save both reports to your desktop.---------------------------------------------------Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:DDS.txtAttach.txt. ================Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.**Caution**These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.Click NOIn the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.Now click the Scan button.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.Click OK.GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt" Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200111/cannot-update-windows-defender-or-spy-sweeper-definitions/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Guys Need some help here Tried starting windows firewall and got this error message quot Windows firewall cant change some of your settings Error code x quot Tried starting windows update and got this error message quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the Defender not Update, working Firewall Windows and service is not running You Windows Update, Firewall and Defender not working may need to restart your compter quot Tried starting windows Defender and got this message quot A problem caused this program to stop quot and quot The specified service does not exist as an installed service Error code x quot Never had this problem before and had gone through some materials available online None seems applicable to my situation Looked into the services msc and couldn t find Background Intelligence Transfer Service Windows Firewall or Windows Update listed there Didnt wanna mess around so i though i d gather some help from here Have been using Advanced System Care to scan regularly not sure if it did something to mess up my computer Also found that under device and printers USB composite Device under printers have a quot Need Troubleshooting quot status Computer is unable to communicate with the printer thus i am unable to print and scan documents Not sure if all these problems stem from the same source Just tried scanning my computer with TDSSKILLER nothing found ESET smart full scan deleted files MBAM nothing found and i will attach a log file by FSS Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt U... Read more

A:Windows Update, Firewall and Defender not working

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474707/windows-update-firewall-and-defender-not-working/
Relevancy 71.38%

XP Pro sp2 IE 7.0 beta

My computer is not scanned when I try to update from Microsoft. Automatic updates does not
work. Windows Defender was unable to complete the update: 0x89940154. Class not registered.

There seems to be a svchost process that controls the Automatic Updates service that is
running is at very high cpu usage and repeatly starts wuauclt.exe.(about every 30 seconds)
When I kill this svchost process it stops both the Automatic Updates service and also wuauclt.

Relevancy 71.38%

I have recently been trying to remove the vista defender with malware bytes with no luck. I also can not install, download, or access anything to do with Windows updates. Also my search's are redirected. On top of that my usb keyboard will no longer function on this machine (tested on other machines). The keyboard works on the welcome screen after removing the Rogue virus with malwarebytes but immediately stops working shortly after I log on. It seems that all these problems are related.

Any ideas?

Windows Vista
Malware Bytes run completed

A:Vista Defender, blocked windows update

If this helps, I ran a GMER scan and have a suspicious atapi.sys file:GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.netRootkit quick scan 2010-04-14 22:38:43Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1Running: 53g6qmw6.exe; Driver: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\pwldapob.sys---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----Device \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs 852421F8Device \FileSystem\fastfat \Fat 876691F8AttachedDevice \FileSystem\fastfat \Fat fltmgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp Lbd.sys (Boot Driver/Lavasoft AB)AttachedDevice \Driver\kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 Wdf01000.sys (WDF Dynamic/Microsoft Corporation)AttachedDevice \Driver\kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass1 Wdf01000.sys (WDF Dynamic/Microsoft Corporation)Device -> \Driver\atapi \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 870A5AC8---- Files - GMER 1.0.15 ----File C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys suspicious modification---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309834/vista-defender-blocked-windows-update/
Relevancy 71.38%

This article describes how to manually download the latest definition updates for Microsoft Windows Defender...MS Article ID: 923159 "How to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender".Manually download Windows Defender Definition updates from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center Portal or from this direct download link (32-bit).Double-click the Mpas-fe.exe file to install, then click OK.

A:How To Manually Update Windows Defender Definitions

Hi there, neat thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93723/how-to-manually-update-windows-defender-definitions/