Windows Support Forum

Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.

Q: Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.

Hi.

I'm stuck whenever i turn on my computer. I'm running on vista 64 bit SP2.
There is nothing i can do, just stucked. When i access using safe mode, the same thing just show up. I lost my vista installation disk. So is there something that i can do?
I'm missing my long lost wallpaper.. Please help! Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes.

We may be able to help if you give us the make and modle of your computer. If the suggestion that I will make does work, you will lose your stuff. Do you have stuff to save?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296550-updates-were-not-configured-correctly-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a 128gb samsung SSD. I was wondering what updates I can remove to get more space on the SSD because windows7+all updates are currently using half of the SSD space and somehow only 119gb of the SSD space is displayed so I'm guessing that 8gb is reserved or something.
I'm currently removing the extra languages and those are giving me and extra 5,5gb space

A:Windows 7 Ultimate updates and SSD question

Somehow I think you have more installed than Windows and updates. Internet Explorer, Bing Bar, and Bing Desktop are the only updates I have hidden. All other Windows Updates have been installed. I wouldn't put all the blame on WIndows, if you have an install using 60GB.

​Anyone with more than 8GB memory and still has Pagefile and Hibernation, by default has more than 16GB used by these two files alone. I recommend using them only if needed. I personally don't need them and have removed them both.

Check and see if you have a Hibernation file. If you don't use hibernation features, the file can be removed.

Windows 7 ? Delete Hibernation File (hiberfil.sys)
To turn off or disable hibernation, type the following command at the prompt:
powercfg ?h off
This will disable hibernation and will remove the hiberfil.sys file from your system.Click to expand...

Monitor your memory usage and if you have more memory than you ever use. The Pagefile can be minimized. I currently have mine turned off, with 8GB installed. But caution though if you turn the Pagefile off, Windows will not be able to compensate for a shortage of memory and the Windows session will crash. While I am comfortable not using a Pagefile, I do not recommend others do the same until they are comfortable doing so. I recommend lowering the Pagefile size to 1GB, and if Windows needs more, the size will be automatically adjusted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-ultimate-updates-and-ssd-question.200043/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all First post on this forum and I was wondering if you could help me out with this I m a programmer not Want configured it's know to - optimally if Computer New as much of a hardware tech guy Here are the specs New Computer - Want to know if it's optimally configured for the computer I just built Motherboard Asus P Z -V LXProcessor Intel i k Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X-Series x gb mhzInternal Storage gb primary SSD tb secondary HDD So I installed Windows -bit on the SSD which is a nicer Samsung can t remember for sure I ve installed the latest drivers for everything Since the SSD has limited capacity I ve moved all my quot libraries quot my documents and everything over to the HDD Basically I want to know if I have this setup configured for optimal speed without purchasing anything else yet like liquid cooling etc and efficient use of the SSDs limited storage capacity The only other thing I could think of was moving all program data over to the tb SSD and leaving behind symbolic links I thought for sure this would New Computer - Want to know if it's optimally configured work but I ended up borking Windows BADLY and just ended up reformatting reinstalling Are there any big performance or efficiency related tweaks I could accomplish with this hardware and basic setup nbsp

A:New Computer - Want to know if it's optimally configured

In terms of optimizing speed, putting all core programs on SSD and keeping all non-essentials on HDD is what you want to do. When it comes to tweaks, you won't find many at the hardware level besides overclocking. But, there are all sorts of tweaks you can do within windows 7 to get a little bit of extra speed. Here is a decent guide you can check out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-want-to-know-if-its-optimally-configured.198075/
Relevancy 29.67%

GMER results NONE internet Wireless correctly not working Malwarebytes results Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Trial www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack Wireless internet not working correctly x NTFS Internet Explorer matt nauber MATTNAUBER-PC administrator Protection Enabled PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected HKCU Software DC FEXEC Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected No malicious items detected end DDS results DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by matt nauber at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Internet Security Disabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Users matt nauber AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Users matt nauber AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Program Files x Freecorder FLVSrvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerEvent exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Users matt nauber AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Users matt nauber AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users m... Read more

A:Wireless internet not working correctly

sorry for not saying why I made this topic but here is what happened I was playing about 2-3 hours ago on the wireless and then I decided to play on my xbox360 and when I got back I started up my laptop and it said I couldn't connect wirelessly, at the moment I am on my laptop useing a wireless adapter that I normally use for my xbox, I know its not my wireless modem because im useing the adapter and my other brothers are also playing wirelessly on their cpu's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-not-working-correctly.184098/
Relevancy 29.67%

if I press the left shift button it types a "1 or !" if I press the right shift button it types ''w or W'' please help me

A:My shift button does not work correctly

Do all other keys work correctly? What causes the "1" versus the "!" to show up? Or is it just random?

Are you using a standard keyboard on a current Windows system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-shift-button-does-not-work-correctly.182477/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I have an old slow pc which had only 256MB of SDRAM installed, so to speed it up I decided to up the memory with a1GB stick of DDR memory. The mobo, a ECS K7AMA has 4 slots, 2 for SDRAM and 2 for DDR ram. I removed the sdram beore I installed the DDR ram, I changed the jumpers as necessary but the system seems to think there is only 32MB installed which makes for a very slow pc, running XP. I have tried both slots but it makes no difference.
I I revert back to the SDRAM, changng jumpers that is recognised fine.The memory is from Crucial and is the type recommended by them on their website.
Any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong?

A:Memory not recognized correctly

The motherboard may only recognize 2-512MB DDR modules or even just 2-256MB DDR modules

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-not-recognized-correctly.180526/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello: I have a Fantom 2tb external usb drive (MDC2000) made up of two 1tb drives in a radid 0 configuration. When they powerup which the blue light turns on but the drives will not spin. The drives when removed from the case will each spin using another external usb box. Any thoughts?

A:Fantom 2TB USB external drive configured with RAID 0 cannot power up

"Any thoughts?"...
Yes the MDC2000's power supply has failed, blue lights or no blue lights

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fantom-2tb-usb-external-drive-configured-with-raid-0-cannot-power-up.171547/
Relevancy 22.36%

i have a pc that i was trying to update when i updated the drivers everything was fine until it rebooted when it rebooted the screen went to sleep mode i have tried another monitor but still the same thing is there anyway i can put the hd in to another pc for it to work so i can maybe change what i can to get it to read or atleast see on the other pc?

A:No monitor after updates?

You could hook your drive up to another PC and try to boot from it but I doubt it will be any different. Sounds like you have downloaded a bad driver.

Can you get it to boot in safe mode and then use system restore to take it back to before you installed the driver.

What driver was it?

What OS are you using?

Do you have the OS disc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-after-updates.165818/
Relevancy 38.27%

Here's a problem that's fairly simple to explain.

I have a laptop with two HDD's in RAID-0 configuration. The motherboard died, and I want to back up the data before I send it to the manufacturer for repair.

Is there a way to do this, or is it impossible?

A:Getting data off HDD's configured in RAID-0

Raid-0 is a big risk as far as data loss goes, if one drive fails you loose everything. After the motherboard is replaced the system should continue to run from the drives you have without any data being lost. You could simply remove both of the drives before you send it for repair.

As far as I know, any back up software will see this Raid setup as one single drive so even if you create a back up you will not be able to restore it to the Raid set up, it will have to go onto one single drive.

To take a back up of the drives you would need to connect them both to another PC and use software like Acronis True Image. I must add that this is only a "may be" as I am not sure if this will work with a RAID-0 configuration when the drives are hooked up to another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-data-off-hdds-configured-in-raid-0.165732/
Relevancy 30.1%

Windows home premium 5.1/7.1 not correctly working Sound bit Creative Soundblaster Audigy ZS 5.1/7.1 Sound not working correctly Platinum Pro Creative Inspire P speaker system let me know if you need additional information OK my problem is somewhat difficult to explain but here we go When watching a movie 5.1/7.1 Sound not working correctly on my computer when I set up my speakers to be at or in the Audio Console For sound card I can only hear the soundtrack and score but no dialog only very low muffled mumbles adults 5.1/7.1 Sound not working correctly on Charlie Brown sound better but at or lower I can hear the dialog fine I have tried playing in Windows Media Center VLC Power DVD all with the same outcome I have made sure the Creative drivers are all up-to-date including specifically looking for Windows bit supported I have also tried a number of codecs All with no luck the soundcard is about years old and on top of the I O box connected by a firewire and a proprietary connection to the soundcard that came with it it says the following THX DTS Dolby Digital EX DVD audio ASIO EAX HD I am kind of wondering if there is some type of newer encoding used not supported by the soundcard but shouldn t there be some type of driver update for it or codec that would help I first noticed it with blu-rays but wasn t in a rush to figure it out because Microsoft has horrible support for blu-ray but now this even happens with standard DVD titles like The Green Hornet Thank you nbsp

A:5.1/7.1 Sound not working correctly

seems like the center speaker is not working properly in the setup?

what happened before this problem occurs? did you re-install your computer, install / uninstall some software, or even relocate your speakers setup?

if i were you i would check the speakers first, to rule it out if it is working perfectly. just plug your mp3 player / phone to each jack and if the all 8-channels sound are working, or even plug it to your onboard. if it's fine then your soundcard is the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-7-1-sound-not-working-correctly.164837/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have 3 HDD in my PC which were considered to RAID. Two were configured as a RAID 0 mega HDD with the third being used for my o/s. Not sure if this was RAID or not or if it was what version. The o/s HDD failed and has been replaced, however I am unable to install windows due to not having the RAID drivers or even a floppy disk drive.

Can I install windows on the new HDD as IDE and the RAID still work and convert to RAID later without loss of data on the existing RAID HDDs?

Or is the only option to get the drivers and a floppy disk drive?

PS I didn't install the system!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalling-windows-on-a-raid-configured-system.157239/
Relevancy 21.93%

well, i've just reinstalled windows xp on my computer, and i have no sound what so ever, i have tried updating my drivers and that hasnt worked, ive also tried things like going to the device manager and disabling, re-enabling them and that hasnt worked, ive tried looking into the bios, and the hd audio is set to automatic can anyone help please?

and before anyone asks, yes the speakers are plugged in and yes they do work, they were fine before re-installing windows.

my sound is onboard and i own a biostar mcp6pb m2+ motherboard

TIA.

A:No sound after trying many fixes inc. driver updates

No yellow marks in the Device Manager ?

Speaker icon showing in the Quick Launch ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-trying-many-fixes-inc-driver-updates.155780/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all I have a problem with my Asus G VT-X Sometimes when I bring it out of sleep or power it on the screen will either Stay quot dark quot but though not completely dead or unpowered It s just dark colored still lit up like it s in the BIOS CPU LED indicator shows there s activity and I can press my caps key and activate deactivate the images funny really showing not Screen sometimes acting dark, correctly, caps LED or Start shifting between single colors red-- gt green gt blue gt and so on Closing opening the laptop solves this problem only half the time Turning Screen images not showing correctly, sometimes dark, acting really funny off the Screen images not showing correctly, sometimes dark, acting really funny monitor s lighting FN F doesn t solve the problem as reactivating the monitor light just brings me back right to the problem I can still see stuff perfectly on my quot external monitor while Screen images not showing correctly, sometimes dark, acting really funny it s plugged to the laptop meaning the GPU s properly functioning But the laptop screen s been having this problem quite a bit lately Could someone please tell me what the problem is and whether I can hope to hire someone in my area to get it fixed reasonably cheap I d like to keep this laptop as it s been overall solid and reliable aside from this problem Thanks nbsp

A:Screen images not showing correctly, sometimes dark, acting really funny

Laptop screen problems

If your laptop works correctly on an external monitor, then it points either to the screen invertor, or the ribbon connection between the motherboard and the screen.
The invertor will cost about 18 or $32, but you can re-fit the screen ribbon yourself for free. But it's not out of the question it could be a screen panel
replacement job. Hope that's of some help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-images-not-showing-correctly-sometimes-dark-acting-really-funny.154688/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey everyone. Happy early Labor Day Weekend!

This morning I plugged in my 8gb USB (with only a few songs on it) and my computer didn't recognize it at all. It just wanted to format it. So I formatted it, but it only formatted it for 1gb of storage space. Any solutions? Thanks.

A:8GB USB not reading correctly (reading as 1.75gb)

Are you talking about a thumb-drive / flash device, or a small usb hard-drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-usb-not-reading-correctly-reading-as-1-75gb.152582/
Relevancy 37.84%

Dear SLI tech people I have Inno d GT cards in my computer The only difference is one is a Mb and one is a Gb card I only got the Gb because it was given to me Now with them being slightly different spec I dont get a box to tick in the d settings of my NVIDIA control panel to enable SLI That I get cos the cards need syncing if thats the term Now once upon a time NVIDIA wrote on their website that Coolbits could be used set to value to make my two cards work together so memory SLI with Can two cards configured? be different 9800GT I did the following Enabling CoolBits Step Click on your Start Menu in the Windows Task Bar and select Run When the command box opens type quot regedit quot without the quotes and press OK With the registry editor open go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE NVIDIA Corporation Global NVTweak expand the menu using the quot quot expansion buttons to locate this menu item Click on quot NVTweak quot in the menu Next right-click on Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured? the empty space inside right window and choose quot New gt DWORD value quot Name the value quot Coolbits quot without the quotes Step Within the Registry Editor right click on Coolbits and choose Modify Change the Value data to quot quot without Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured? the quotes and click OK Exit the Registry Editor Nothing has changed and with the newest drivers and software from NVIDIA their System Tools addon still nothing My ASUS motherboard must be sli-ready because it came with the bridge which i have slotted in as required The cards are recognised but I just cant get them into SLI Any ideas Oh and do I have to watch which way round the cards are slotted in my PC and with my bridge not indicating which way round it should go am I ok to just put it on any which way Please help because I like games nbsp

A:Can two 9800GT cards with different memory be SLI configured?

Yes they can... Look at the site of the cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-two-9800gt-cards-with-different-memory-be-sli-configured.150661/
Relevancy 22.36%

Since I appear to be ignorant and incapable of locating the proper bios settings and/or drivers to update, I was hoping someone here could help me do so, and hopefully I am providing all the accurate information below:

OS Name - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version - 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer - Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer - Compaq Presario 06
System Model - DA236A-ABA 6420NX NA910
System Type - X86-based PC
Processor - x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1798 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date - Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.01, 12/10/2002
SMBIOS Version - 2.2

Edit: If I am not in the proper forum and need to be moved to one such as Device Drivers, then I apologize and hope this thread will be moved.

A:Bios and system updates

whats the problem your having. if it ant broke dont fix it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-and-system-updates.144896/
Relevancy 22.36%

MyRealtek High Definition Audio driver is version 5.10.0.5730 dated 10.13.08. Is there an update for this and can anyone tell me where I can download it free i.e. without driver robot or driver detective.
I dont have any particular problem with my current driver and Im aware of the phrase 'if it aint broke dont fix it'. I just want to know if there is something better out there.
Additionally, if there is an update should I uninstall the old driver before installation or just install over the old one ?
I have looked at the page for driver updates on this site but I cant work out which is the correct one for my audio card.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-driver-updates.139904/
Relevancy 29.67%

HiTechspot

I have had my custom built pc for nearly a year now, as of yesterday it has decided to not start up correctly after installing windows vista updates.

system--

intel core 2 duo e8400
asus p5qpro motherboard
ocz reaper 8500mhz i think 2gb each
seagate barracuda 500gb sata drive
windows vista 64 bit

Bassically what happened was i installed the updates for the computer restarted ut and updates where completecontinued playing online and then switched off. I have tried to switch the computer on now but no luck i get this stupid message saying

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key.

Like i said everything was working fine and has been since building the computer almost a year ago.

Help would be very much appreciated and sorry if the post is in the wrong place.

Thanks Baltan

A:Updated now wont start correctly

A quick update it seems that the computer is not recognising my hard drive anymore.

what is going on please help thanks..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-now-wont-start-correctly.136318/
Relevancy 30.1%

System Specs
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite 1805-s203
Celeron 800mhz
Hard Drive - 120g WD Scorpio Blue
Memory 512m
OS - Win2k SP4 fully updated...

Problem...
When I plug in my external (usb) dvd-rw,
the system recognizes it only as a cd drive,
though My computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manger
does properly list it as DVDRW IDE USB Device

When I click on properties, I do not have a tab to enable recording...
only tabs are general, properties, advance settings, and driver

Driver details are...
(in winnt\system\drivers) cdrom.sys, redbook.sys,
and (in winnt\system) storprop.dll.

The drive itself is an
idvd16dl in a usb enclosure,
and the drive does work properly with my XP system.

Any hints how to get win2k to recognize it properly?
All help is appreciated. TIA
b00kwyrm

A:USB DVD/RW not recognized correctly win2k

Win2K, SP4 should be easily updated to XP, SP3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-dvd-rw-not-recognized-correctly-win2k.125703/
Relevancy 29.67%

Just the other day, i believe yesterday the scrolling on my mouse trackpad did work. But today, whenever I try and use it it messes up.

First of all this is an HP pavilion.
When i press my finger again the track pad, it does nothing for like 5 seconds, then it scrolls. Like a delayed reaction. I have no clue what's wrong with it. Anyone help me?

A:Mouse Trackpad not scrolling correctly

It may be a loose connection. Did you recently update any Windows software or hardware? Go to HP's support website and download and reinstall the touch pad drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-trackpad-not-scrolling-correctly.123050/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I have a printing problem with my computer. When I try printing an image there are a lot of lines all over the image, also some colors are not coming out right. I have tried two printers in it and they both do the same thing and I have also used the printer in another computer and it works fine, so it must be something wrong with my computer. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks

A:Computer not printing correctly

your print head is clogged and needs to be cleaned. If the automatic cleaning does not work, you can try manual cleaning with 100% isopropyl alcohol bath and qtips. If that doesn't work, replace the head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-printing-correctly.117132/
Relevancy 29.67%

Secondary IDE channel is not working correctly?

My secondary IDE is not showing my DVD burner or my CD ROM. Hardware manager can see it but it has a yellow Exlamation point on it.

Whazzzup withat??

Is it possible that it is the actual ide male on the motherboard? I tried switching the ide cable but it is just the same.

Booo!

Please help. I know nothing about mommy boards.

A:Secondary EDE channel is not working correctly?

It's because your lower and/or upper filters are corrupt. Do a Google search for a tutorial on how to edit the registry. I won't type it out here because I don't want to be responsible if you mess something up.

Anyways, delete those filters, reboot, let Windows reinstall the drivers and you'll be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/secondary-ede-channel-is-not-working-correctly.118126/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, my HP laptop stops responding, while playing a game or just general browsing, it would freeze. This has been going on since I got it from a friend. Its about as irritating as the COM surrogate error. I've tried many times trying to find the problem. One day while looking at mail, it froze again, so I got a little annoyed and tapped it, and it decided to respond. Now everytime it freezes I have to hit it like a 30 year old tube tv to get it to respond. I would like to know if there is a permanent fix for this masochist laptop.

-thank you for putting up with my bichin-

A:HP dv4000 not responding correctly

Please run Memtest to confirm your Ram is ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv4000-not-responding-correctly.106796/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Sony Vaio (FZ290), and I'm pretty happy with it in general.
There are 2 problems however:

1) When I try and put it into standby, about half the time it doesn't go into standby, just turns off the screen, and keeps everything else on. The lights on the front indicate that it is still on, but the screen stays blank no matter what I do.
I've waited for 30 minutes for it to go into standby before cutting the power manually with the button...

2) When I do get it into standby, about half the time on resume from standby, explorer.exe crashes. I'm not sure why, but it's bloody annoying. It starts back up, however it is still annoying to have it doing that...

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I do not have SP1 yet, but I will be trying that today.

A:Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

I was going to suggest SP1 but it looks like you're in the process.
I usually disable all of the power management in the BIOS, and let Windows take care of it.
I tend to be re-format happy, but the first thing I do when I get a new lappy is to reformat and get all that proprietary software off it. Ever see the mac comercial where the guy is all fat and blated? Anyway, factory laptops are installed via an image. Sometimes that image is less than perfect causing instability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-fz290-doesnt-go-into-standby-correctly-explorer-exe-crashes-on-resume.105231/
Relevancy 28.38%

Please help!

I have tried 2 different usb wireless adapters on my desktop to "associate" with my westell model 327W router connected (& functioning (from verizon dsl) to my laptop & the ssid is detected correctly but the MAC does not match the router's MAC! Both of the adapters I've tried (NETGEAR & Linksys) detect the same MAC. Again, the ssid matches my routers' but the MAC is incorrect (according to the bottom of the router). What can I do? Argh!

Thanks in advance for any insight!
chiquita

A:Accessing router from usb wireless adapter-ssid detected correctly but MAC incorrect

If you're report is correct, then likely that you are discovering a nearby neighbor's router with the same ssid.

you should use a wire connect, access the router and change the ssid to something
person (ie not the default) AND the admin password. Save and restart the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-router-from-usb-wireless-adapter-ssid-detected-correctly-but-mac-incorrect.103733/
Relevancy 22.36%

ok where to start... bought this mobo (crosshair) on newegg read reviews havn't installed it. plan on learning more about over clocking before i really get deep into this project. there was a frequent review comment about the upgrade to bios of 0904 making it usable to the new quads but taking away 1066 recognition for memory. i plan on running an amd athlon x2 6400+ with Corsair(8) X2(4g:2X2gb ddr2) 800mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8v. the mobo says it has a standard of 800mgz and has a setable frequency in bios of ddr2:400, ddr2:533, ddr2:677,and ddr2,800. so i was just wondering why this is. memory standard of 800 can u over clock to 1066? can u go higher? is standard memory a minimal? just looking for a little q and a please and thanks everyone!

A:Crosshair mobo updates bad?

You may benefit from a quick read on memory as it applies to that motherboard. Look at what is listed as acceptable by the motherboard manufacturer, then get Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, or whatever. Any should be fine, but if you are going to use the board as a gamer, you do not want Value Ram because of the timings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crosshair-mobo-updates-bad.100654/
Relevancy 22.36%

What is the best way for checking for driver updates, or are they all done automatically?

A:Checking for driver updates

use the Device Mgr to find the specific device, go to properties and then Update Driver

no, it's not done automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-for-driver-updates.99230/
Relevancy 29.67%

My current EVGA 680i Chipset SLI mobo is sending me continuous BSOD's and has to be sent in for replacement ( ill be doing it soon. ) My question to you guys is; if i send the board out for replacement and get a new one back in working or the same condition ( same condition meaning somthing else is causing the bsods ) and put it in my computer, am i going to have troubles accessing windows normally to get into my files and move things around to other partitions so i can reformat my main partition with windows installed, or is it going to act next to the exact same as the last one and windows will recognize it so i can move things around before reformatting? Thanks alot.

A:Switching out motherboards, will windows still run correctly?

If you successfully got into windows with your old mobo (same type/brand) then you shouldn't have to reinstall the os i don't think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-out-motherboards-will-windows-still-run-correctly.90704/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi All,

While installing windows XP I changed my file system to NTFS, but now I want to install windows 98 and do dual boot. How do I convert my hard drive back to FAT32?

Thanking you in advance.

A:Reverting back to FAT32

Sorry - too late. If you want to dual boot W98 anda XP you must always load the older OS first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reverting-back-to-fat32.85277/
Relevancy 30.1%

im not sure where to put this but im in kind of a crisis right now.

When I boot my computer, the monitor just stays black, then the pc beeps once and a wierd voice says something through the speakers which i cant understand for the likes of me (its too fast and static-y).

BUT

im able to HEAR everything being booted up perfectly. I can hear the XP welcome music and hear the beginning services being started up. When i press the button to turn it off (since its still all black) i hear the shut down music.

WHAT HAPPENED!! please help. i need my comp more than ever right now.

is there any way i can reset all the mobo settings on the mobo itself? help!

A:plz HELP pc wont boot correctly

Unplug the system and wait a few hours (30 mins)... While you wait check the monitor connections to see if any pins are bent. See if the power you connect to is faulty. Check all connects and don't do it in dim room.

If everything checks out okay try to turn it back on again. If you can reset the Monitor back to factory.

When you boot-up the system right after press F8 a few times then put the system in SAFE MODE. See if you can get into that and something should show up.

What were you doing prior when this was happening?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plz-help-pc-wont-boot-correctly.83280/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just purchased 2x 1gig of ram DDR 400 from tigerdirect. I currently have 1 gig total 2x 512mb. My motherboard is a msi K8N Neo4 platinum if that helps, and my manual says I can support up to 4 gigs. But I don't know if mix sizes are going to hurt my performance.

A:Will this memory setup work correctly

Ideally, I would use all the same brand and model of memory... and the same size modules... but what you have should work ok as long as none of it is Value Ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-memory-setup-work-correctly.80048/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve Working Not Correctly Port Blue Monitor had this problem since I got my computer last june but it s only becoming a problem now because I want a dual monitor display Here are my specs Problem explained below gt CPU Sckt Intel R Pentium R D Dual-Core CPU GHz FSB gt x MB L Cache EM T gt HDD GB SATA-II Gb s M Cache RPM Hard Drive gt MOTHERBOARD GigaByte GA- N-SLI nForce SLI Chipset LGA FSB gt DDR SATA Dual PCI-E Mainboard w Blue Monitor Port Not Working Correctly GbLAN USB amp Audio gt MEMORY GB x MB PC DDR Dual Channel Memory Corsair Value Select gt Blue Monitor Port Not Working Correctly OS Microsoft R Windows R XP Professional w Service Pack gt POWERSUPPLY STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY gt VIDEO ATI Radeon X Pro X PCI-E MB VIDEO CARD Both monitors are ViewSonic Optiquest Q and they both work Whenever a monitor is plugged in to the blue normal monitor port it doesn t display anything however the computer recognizes that it s there To see a display I have to plug the monitor into an adapter for the white monitor port If both monitors are plugged in white and blue ports only the one with the adapter shows anything But like I mentioned the computer knows the other is there If I set Extend Desktop it does it I know this because the mouse spends time off the screen as if it were continued and I took a screenshot and it came back how the display should have looked only I can t see the right half Thinking it was the video card I called tech support and they sent me a new one It does the same thing I have the newest monitor and video card drivers I don t know why it s doing this Any ideas nbsp

A:Blue Monitor Port Not Working Correctly

kwabou said:

Whenever a monitor is plugged in to the blue (normal) monitor port it doesn't display anything however the computer recognizes that it's there.Click to expand...

When do you plug in the monitors? Before booting, after booting or in Windows?

Does it display anything if you plug it in before you start your computer?

You may need to fiddle with the Catalyst Control Center to get any picture from both connectors. I remember when I had similar problems with my work laptop and an external monitor, I solved them by uninstalling CCC and setting the monitors the "old-fashioned way", like in Win9x, from Control Panel's display settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-monitor-port-not-working-correctly.70021/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a liquid cooling system hooked up to my machine I haven t been using my PC again until recently and I discovered that other people let the coolant run out The PC had shut itself Windows not amount or RAM speed does correctly processor read down as a precaution due to overheating Ok I have filled the coolant and everything seems fine in the BIOS My processor registers as a ghz Pentium and that I have MB of RAM When I go to Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly Windows gt Control Panel gt System gt General tab it shows my processor speed Ghz but then has a Ghz under that I m assuming that Windows registers this as running at Ghz Windows also registers my machine as having MB RAM instead of the Now this is far from affecting performance but I m somewhat of a perfectionist and it s an annoyance when my computer isn t running how it should Is it possible that there is damage to some parts even though the BIOS registers everything Or is it just Windows screwing up possible because of the automatic shutdown and is there a way to fix it nbsp

A:Windows does not read processor speed or RAM amount correctly

Hey my comp does that to :knock: I would not wory about it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-does-not-read-processor-speed-or-ram-amount-correctly.21453/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok, I just re-installed my operating system in hope of a faster computer. I was not surprised that it worked. The only problem is that when I browse internet pages, they skip. As I read in another thread, I need to update my video driver. When I went to install the ati driver that I downloaded from their web site, my computer told me that I need to have a standard vga driver to start. I looked at my computer specs, and it doesn't even show my video card on the list of equipment. I have lost the disk to install my video card, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks!

A:Driver updates

Try installing an earlier driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-updates.73656/
Relevancy 30.53%

Whenever i try to burn anything to a CD over 4X maximum speed with my Samsung RW drive (Look at specs), it just gives me an error and stops. Any suggestions?

A:CD-RW not functioning correctly

Some programs only burn u to 4x and some cd-rw disks are only designed to go up to 4x what x s the disk and what burning program are you using it could just be a glitched setting in the program

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rw-not-functioning-correctly.59744/
Relevancy 22.79%

Can any 1 tell me the best and latest update of intel graphics card?

A:Updates???

You could try here, not sure how updated they are..

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads35.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updates.53330/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am having some troubles with my computer starting up I am running XP Pro on my computer Anyways here is the problem This has happened to me twice now I went to reboot my computer just up correctly. not Computer starting by pushing and holding the button and waiting for it to shut off and come back on I ve done this a hundred times without any problems Well last week I did it and the Windows XP loading screen comes on and acts like it is loading all normal Then a blue screen with flash it says something but I cannot read it as it only flashes for a split second After it flashes the computer automatically reboots itself and then the screen comes up saying that quot Windows wasn t shut down properly blah blah blah quot Whenever I select Computer not starting up correctly. start windows normally the same thing happens again Whenever I select the option to start windows with last known good configuration the problem still occurs and it will only go as far as the Windows XP loading screen and the problem persists Last week when I did this I just entered Safe Mode and rebooted the computer the correct way and it worked like a charm I was able to shut down the computer by holding the button a few times last week and it worked like a charm Tonight the problem happened to me again All of the same things occured with the blue screen flashing real quickly and rebooting Well I entered Safe Mode and tried to reboot and the same problem kept Computer not starting up correctly. happening I entered Safe Mode with Networking to download some registry cleaners and whatnot and cleaned it up and the same problem keeps happening I do not know enough to enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt and know what to do The computer will not allow me to do a system restore under Safe Mode either At the moment I am using Windows in Safe Mode with Networking so I can come on and type this I wouldn t mind using Safe Mode w Networking more often if it had sound lol Anyways does anyone have any suggestions as to what this problem might be and how I can fix it Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a newbie around here Thanks in advance Devon nbsp

A:Computer not starting up correctly.

hi and welcome to techspot

first off, lets see what the error message says:

1. boot up in safe mode (just plain safe mode)
2. right-mouse-click my computer and select properties
3. click the "advanced" tab
4. click "settings" under "startup and recovery"
5. un-check the box labelled "automatically restart"
6. click OK
7. restart the computer normally

when the computer crashes again, write down the exact error message and any associated system file. or take a clear readable photo if that's easier for you.

did you change any hardware or install/uninstall any software prior to this problem?

did you attempt to overclock or anything like that?

have you tried going into your BIOS and setting "optimal defaults"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-starting-up-correctly.52034/
Relevancy 21.93%

:bounce: Hello i am looking for driver update for my motherboard I am having alot of restarts and i cannot figure out why i had them before and then i put a new larger hard drive in and they are not as many but they are still there so i need help

A:Need Help With finding driver updates for my motherboard

There are a couple of possible reasons for computers to randomly restart. I think this is a pretty good troubleshooting thread for random crashes (of course I do.... I wrote it! )

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html

Take a look through there, as it is highly likely that ONE of those things listed is the cause of your problems.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-finding-driver-updates-for-my-motherboard.45499/
Relevancy 36.55%

HI, I have a FX5500 EVGA card in my comp, and recently it started going to 8-bit and changing the resolution upon restarting the computer? Is this a software problem, or is my Video card bad??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reverting-to-8-bit-at-restart.44293/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I recently purchased a refurbished E-machine and after having to replace the memory finally got it to load windows and reboot corrrectly I did wipe the hard drive and reformat by writing zeroes then used the restore disks and re-inatalled the o s as it had gotten corrupted after the memory crashed I now have it running properly but the HD does not show correctly in the device manager or in the properties for each drive under my computer The HD is a Seagate Barracuda GB rpm I have downloaded and ran Seagates Seatools Desktop utility for checing the HD It found numerous errors on the first test and I selected to let it correc them then ran it again and it found errors and I again let it correct them Both tests showed no problems with the reported Hard size drive not correctly memory The properties within my computer for each are as follows C Local Disk GB Capacity GB Free D Recovery GB Capacity GB Free Hard drive size not reported correctly Is there a way to get windows to recover this free space that is not being reported I just got this all set up adn would prefer not to do a clean install but if that is what is necesary I will do that This is a model T- E- machine with WinXP Home pre-installed a Ghz Intel Celeron and Mg RAM I do have XP Pro available if I need to do a clean install as well as Symantecs partition magic although I looked through it it seems to be able to reassign volumes of already created partitions and not re-claim unpartitioned space Thanks much any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hard drive size not reported correctly

Are you sure it is the drive that is reported incorrectly? Pehaps you just have small partitions created?

See the Drive Manager in Computer Management.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-size-not-reported-correctly.40266/
Relevancy 21.93%

has anyone with the Asus A8N SLI deluxe updated their bios to the latest version (last i checked it was v1.015)? is it any good?

A:Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Bios Updates

Hello pkroks.

I can`t answer you question, but would like to offer you some advice.

If you system is running ok, I don`t advise you to update your bios.

The updating of a bios should not be done, unless there is a very good reason to do so.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-bios-updates.38578/
Relevancy 22.36%

Does anyone know where i can get an update for a nvidia geforce fx 5200 graphics card. San Andreas is not working very well. :hotbounce

A:Nvidia updates

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Look HERE for drivers etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-updates.38093/
Relevancy 26.23%

Okay guys I m at 12, not driver 9550 code installed Radeon is AGP using "ati e-machine correctly", my wits end In the device manager there are two entries for the video card one being called secondary The primary one has a code When I load up Windows and the ATI control panel goes to load it gives me an error saying that the driver is either not installed or not installed correctly and then proceeds to AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine close I have disabled the onboard video in safe mode uninstalled the onboard video drivers as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the ATI drivers about a million different times in a AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine million different ways According to e-machines tech support you can t disable onboard video in the BIOS ATI tech support told me that I needed to upgrade my BIOS and that this problem was common on e-machines but then e-machines proceeded to tell me that there was not a BIOS update available for my machine So one big resounding WTF from me As for my specs I am not entirely sure how to give them to you but here is a link to my particular model on e-machines website I recently upped the RAM to MB At this point I am just wondering if I ought to save up my money for a better machine nbsp

A:AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine

what are the specs of your current machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-radeon-9550-code-12-ati-driver-is-not-installed-correctly-using-e-machine.35874/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just bought a 250 gig SATA drive and I have never installed one onto a machine. I looked at my mobo manual and correctly put in the corrections. When I try to run Windows XP Pro, it shows that I have 131069 MB of unpartitioned space. Now, I'm not math wiz, but 131069 does not seem nearly enough for it to be 250 gigs.

Also in the bios, it shows my drive being in the "IDE Channel 2 Master".

Am I doing something wrong?

A:Correctly Installing a SATA Drive

you need to install your SATA drivers. When installing windows you should press F6 to install Raid/SCSI drivers. this is when you should install your drivers. i have the same problem, i have two 160gb SATA drives, but i never installed the drivers so at the moment i have only got about 260gb instead of 320gb...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correctly-installing-a-sata-drive.36037/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am new to this quot flash drive stuff quot so bear with me I just recently bought a PNY Attache mb USB Flash not Drive correctly saving Flash drive from Wal Mart I used it one time and everything worked out I could save rewrite add new data everything was fine But then I went and plugged it into another computer to work on the same data that I had stored on my drive and it USB Flash Drive not saving correctly had problems saving I keep getting an error that says it was unable to save or save it in another location and then all the data on it gets wiped I unplugged the USB device then plugged it back in and the original data was there It seems that I am unable to edit the current data on the drive and I can t save any new data to it either This really sucks because I need this to work for college so I can take my homework home and complete it there Please help me identify the problem and solution if any Thx nbsp

A:USB Flash Drive not saving correctly

verify it is formated as FAT
ensure you use the task bar tool to STOP the device before you yank it out.
you might check the partition capacity for accuracy
CP->admin tools->Comp Mgmt->Disk Defrag
my 256mg flash shows up as 246mb formatted capacity,
your 512 should be similar

Formated as FAT, the Flash can be mount on multiple systems types,
Macintosh, Linux, Win/*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-not-saving-correctly.32827/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've networked (Workgroup) 18 student computers and 1 teacher computer via a 24 port ethernet switch (No internet connection). The only problem I'm experiencing so far is that only 14 of the student computers can access the shared folder on the teacher computer at one time. Is this the limit of a workgroup? Can I wire the room differently to get better results? Thanks.

A:Correctly Networking My Classroom

what o/s are you running.

found an article
http://www.chicagotech.net/nettroub...ions can be made to this remote computer mean

that says the max incomming connections for xp is 10.. but that is less than your 14?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correctly-networking-my-classroom.32440/
Relevancy 35.69%

I had a problem with a game recently (blue screening and crashes) so i updated my video card BIOS. Not only did this not fix the problem but it started others in games that used to be reliable but have now become nightmares. I bluescreen/ crash to desktop frequently in games i used to be able to play for hours with out any problem, and this problem has only started since I updated my Video card BIOS.

So my question is how do I revert to previous working BIOS for my video card, and one other problem is I do not know what version of BIOS i was running before-hand, I just upgraded.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Reverting to older Video Card BIOS

You revert by downloading an older version of the BIOS and flashing your video card with that.

As for not knowing what exact version you had.. Well, you will know better next time and will always save your old BIOS and write down the version before overwriting with new

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reverting-to-older-video-card-bios.30155/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey I have a SAMTRON Samsung brand I think DF X F X DF that is what it says in the Display tab monitor for my computer I have had it for about three years now Just like any other week I go to my Windows Update and install all the latest updates for my computer Now this week I installed some of the quot hardware amp driver updates quot one of which was for my monitor It went fine I downloaded and installed the updates then finished up some things and restarted my computer I have my monitor set at x pixels with Highest bit color quality However when I restarted my computer it turned on like normal but the color quality was terrible set at Lowest bit and the screen resoulution was set at x pixels When I noticed the changes I went to the display and settings tab and changed my screen resoultion and color quality to what I wanted it to be my normal settings First I tried it without restarting my computer It just stayed the same Then I tried it with restarting my computer It doesn't! but updates after worked, Monitor stayed the same also It will just go back to the Lowest bit colors and the Monitor worked, but after updates doesn't! x resolution Any suggestions as to how to get it Monitor worked, but after updates doesn't! back to my normal settings Help nbsp

A:Monitor worked, but after updates doesn't!

Okay, a little edit:

I've called my local tech store, BestBuy, and they gave me some useless information. I can get it to 800x600 pixels, but that is the highest I can go. It still won't let me get past Lowest 4 bit color quality. It is starting to make me angry.

I think I am going to go a little in-depth here and give you the whole story. I installed a Windows Update for my SAMTRON 76DF Monitor, and when I restarted the computer, all of my display settings where different. When I went to change them, I put them where I wanted them to be and clicked apply, but it just stayed the same. BestBuy said to get on an internet chatroom/forum and see if anyone else has had this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-worked-but-after-updates-doesnt.20301/
Relevancy 38.27%

I can't seem to figure out how to set up my multiplier and frequency without screwing things up. I don't have any experience at all with fsb's and cpu frequencies. I've already updated the bios to ver1007 and checked jumpers but still no luck. When I first bought it. on the first boot it showed up as an XP 1800 and the ram running at 100mhz. I have a brand new stick of DDR400 and cant get the memory freq above 200. I'm not even sure how fast anything is supposed to run. Thanks in advance.

A:need help getting my A7n8x with xp2400+ configured

You will find all the info you need in the following threads :

1. Underclocked cpu on the A7N8X-D
2. Tips for builders
3. The ASUS A7N8X-X/A7N8X/A7N8X Deluxe Thread

In summary, you'll need to set your multiplier to 15x & FSB to 133. Run the Ram in Sync with the FSB ( 133mhz / PC2100 ) & you're good to go.

If you have other questions, make sure to use the Search Function in case it has allready been aksed & answered.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-my-a7n8x-with-xp2400-configured.9192/
Relevancy 22.36%

I found this on www.frozencpu.com it is a new product that they have. Not sure if any of you have seen anything like this but if not I would check it out. You can use this in case your bios update goes wrong. You just flip a switch and you can boot your system as normal. Sounds pretty neat.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/bio-04.html

A:No more dead BIOS after updates!

Most people don't know that on just about any board with an ISA slot (granted most newer boards do not have ISA slots) you can still boot even if your bios is trashed if you have an ISA video card, and then reflash it from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-more-dead-bios-after-updates.4958/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an ATI 3d Rage card built into my motherboard. I have purchased a Visiontek GEForce 4 MX420 card and installed same. At the time I first did that somebody had given me the sequence of events to disable the on-board card and enable the add-in card.

Yesterday, somebody moving the computer accidently plugged the monitor into the on-board device rather than the GeForce card. Now I get no display ... completely black. The only way I can get anything is to plug into the add-in GeForce card, but the screen goes black after system post. I can F8 at that screen, though, and go into Safe Mode.

How do I get the system to revert back to the way it was; i.e., ignore the on-board card and look at the add-in? I guess plugging it into the on-board card caused it to disable the other?

What a mess!

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reverting-to-visiontek-geforce-card.7239/
Relevancy 29.67%

My parents a couple weeks ago bought a new scanner An HP Scanjet c well mom calls me up saying my sister can t get Am problem? scanner this diagnosing correctly I it installed I m naturally thinking quot how hard can it be its USB put the cd in plug it in follow onscreen Am I correctly diagnosing this scanner problem? directions quot Well my sister calls me back up after I told my mom that it should be self explanitory and my sister says it won t install on hers either Both comps are running Win k She says it just sits there and is continually making quot some noise quot I just figured that it was running diagnostics or warming up like printers do so I didn t think anymore of it Well I came home to help my dad do some stuff this weekend and my mom asked me to take a look at it before she returns it to the store So here I am I open it back up hook up the power hook up the USB and nothing So I stare at it for a bit check the connections and still nothing so I think - hmm I ll open the manual and check the troubleshooting I find something similar and it says to check the hardware independent of the computer to unplug the usb and unplug the power Then while holding down of the buttons put the power plug back in and it should light up and move the actual part that does the scanning Well none of this happened So I m thinking well its not getting power So I break out a test kit to see if the connection is actually supplying any power So I read on its power supply and it says output DC V yeh I was impressed at the too so I test it and its outputting V So my question is am I right by thinking that the powersupply was bad and overvolted the scanner and burned something out That would explain why it was making a noise at first it was probably psudoworking initially until something fried nbsp

A:Am I correctly diagnosing this scanner problem?

The power suppy or the power cable are certainly possibilities. Another thing to consider would be a short inside the scanner.

Either way take it back, it's a lemmon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-correctly-diagnosing-this-scanner-problem.6011/
Relevancy 22.36%

The ISP I work for is using a Cisco AS5300 and I was thinking the other day that it may be time for some updates. Do any of you know anything about doing this kind of thing? I was thinking it would be possible to do some sort of update, much like flashing a BIOS, or even installing new hardware to update the modem pool or other things to make the AS5300 more compatible with todays dialup modems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-anything-about-cisco-as5300-updates.5937/
Relevancy 29.67%

need a bit of help

I presently have an A7v8x mobo and purchased an AMD 2600+ proccessor... Problem is, my processor is recognized as a 2000+.

I have heard that this can be corrected. Anybody have suggestions on how to fix this.

Also... Since this is my first build project, I am open to any suggestions on set up etc....

It has been running well for the last 2 months.. I use it for video work and gaming...

thanks guys for all your help.

Janet,,, a lady in Texas

A:need a bit of help - A7v8x doesn't recognize CPU correctly

That sounds like 7vax and a 2400+

so, I think you need to set FSB speed to 266 MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-bit-of-help-a7v8x-doesnt-recognize-cpu-correctly.5462/
Relevancy 22.36%

Just read this
& would like to know how an update can be pulled if its been installed?

A:Updates from MS,IOS ,etc,etc question

The update was pulled from distribution. This means it was taken away so that it can no longer be downloaded. People who downloaded it will have to revert back using the ways provided by Apple. For example, they can use iTunes. But Apple cannot remotely remove it from a device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updates-from-ms-ios-etc-etc-question.205553/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello , please say me how to correctly install .iso to cd , i need from
cd open boot (Like windows installing or etc)

A:Correctly install .iso to cd (need work boot)

Hi desoft,

Welcome to Techspot.

You will need to install something like MagicISO or NERO to burn to disc. Once this has been installed you will be able to double click on the ISO file and the rest will be done by the software.

To boot from CD/DVD make sure it has been changed correctly in the BIOS.

On booting your PC press F2 or DEL to get into your BIOS.
There you can change your boot priority. Change it to your CD/DVD drive and save the cnages and exit. Your PC will reboot.

hope this Help
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correctly-install-iso-to-cd-need-work-boot.157001/
Relevancy 22.36%

Did SAS recently have a few incremental program updates?

A:SAS SUPERAntispyware updates question

This might answer your question: http://www.superantispyware.com/producthistory.html?id=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sas-superantispyware-updates-question.198881/
Relevancy 21.93%

Microsoft is planning to revamp their update delivery method in Windows 10 by implementing peer-to-peer (P2P) technology. Traditionally Windows updates have been delivered through Microsoft's servers only, but by switching to P2P, the load on their servers can be decreased...

Read more

A:Windows 10 updates will be delivered using P2P technology

This can only be a good thing. I really struggle to get Windows updates during normal office hours, after 18H00 it's a breeze.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-updates-will-be-delivered-using-p2p-technology.210058/
Relevancy 21.5%

After a successful rid of malware, I attempted to keep my things updated but was stopped by this error;
Failed: 2 updates
error found:
Code 80243004 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

Any info would be appreciated....

A:Tried 2 updates; Silverlight & a windows 7 for issues. Failed.

Apparently it's a system tray issue.

Try making sure that windows update is allowed to show notifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-2-updates-silverlight-a-windows-7-for-issues-failed.208673/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello I am new to the forums MSVCP100.dll following correctly: start Application & to unable Error 0xc000007b and truly only really joined to ask this Application unable to start correctly: Error 0xc000007b & MSVCP100.dll following question because after being all over the internet and troubleshooting in my own capacity I am still left at a loss and quite perturbed FOR SUMMARY SCROLL DOWN TO NEXT BOLD TEXT I just got a new PC specs visible on my profile and have restored most of my Steam games as well as a few other cracked and free-to-play games After installing them all I started trying to play a few games I received an error on most games I tried to start except Dota and Far Cry cracked This application was unable to start correctly xc b Click OK to close the application I checked the internet and it suggested I reinstalled Windows Professional Build -bit which I had previously installed This seems to resolved the problem somewhat as the majority of the games that hadn t worked previously began to work However some games still refuse to work and produce the same error After changing ownership of the SysWOW and System folders in C gt Windows since I had trouble copying the dlls in several other forums namely mfc dll mfc u dll msvcp dll msvcr dll msvcr clr dll Mostly it was the msvcr clr dll that refused to copy across even after booting into safe mode This copying was Application unable to start correctly: Error 0xc000007b & MSVCP100.dll following solved by a permission change and ownership change I then deleted the msvcp dll file and the xc b error then gave way to the error The program can t start because MSVCP dll is missing from your computer Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem If I had the internet connection to reinstall I would do so but I don t believe it will yiled any results due to the problem stemming from the redistributeable being the issue After updating the redistributable from version to using the redist folder in my Steam games folders I still have the problem PLOT SYNOPSIS SUMMARY OF EVENTS BELOW After trying to start my fully updated Smite I get the error This application was unable to start correctly xc b Click OK to close the application If I deleted the msvcp dll file from C Windows SysWOW not C Windows System I get the error The program can t start because MSVCP dll is missing from your computer Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem Downloading dlls from http dll-files com proved to be useless as replacing the msvcp dll files restores the xc b error Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this and post Raptim nbsp

A:Application unable to start correctly: Error 0xc000007b & MSVCP100.dll following

In addition the deletion of the file was suggested and it said that the game would create a MSVCP100.dll by itself which it did not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-unable-to-start-correctly-error-0xc000007b-msvcp100-dll-following.209097/
Relevancy 18.92%

A really stupid question, but perhaps for that reason I cannot find the answer stated explicitly anywhere:

With regard to the threat description used in Windows update documentation, I have always assumed that a "local attacker" is someone actually sitting at my desk. Is this correct?

In this case, presumably an "authenticated local attacker" is someone sitting at my desk who has got hold of my password?

If the answer to both questions is 'yes' then I guess there is really no point in my installing updates involving a 'local' threat?

Incidentally, while trying to find the answer with Google I ended up with a 'captcha' page, apparently to check I wasn't a robot! My machine was sending unusual traffic or something. My numerous searches with slightly different choice of words must have triggered something. Weird and scary!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-attacker-updates.205594/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys. I have an HP Pavillion G Series computer that runs on the Windows 7 Home Vista operating system.What happened was I deleted a few programs from my laptop which included the Microsoft Security Essentials as it was conflicting with my Norton Antivirus Software.As a result; when windows updates come on; the laptop will attempt to install them then at 30per cent it will reject the updates and announce that the laptop is reversing the changes.My computer has become slow; the windows drivers are out of date and even downloading Adobe has become a chore!

Help me out guys what can I do before I fork hundreds of pounds for something I can potetially get sorted myself

Thanks in advance

A:My Computer is rejecting Windows Updates

Yeah, this one is tough. To get MS Updates running correctly, I found this solution to be helpful

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-rejecting-windows-updates.203324/
Relevancy 22.36%

I keep getting a notice that there are 10 windows updates waiting to be installed.
They seem to download okay and then go through the process of installing.
But then I keep getting a notice that nothing was installed because of an error.
Tried to follow the instructions in Microsoft Troubleshooter and even tried using the "Fix It Tool' but nothing helps.
3 days ago I downloaded Firefox Browser and Microsoft Essentials.....could they be part of the problem?
I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Images attached.

A:Windows Updates won't Update

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-updates-wont-update.203765/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an update issue driving me batty.

SP1 and IE neither will install. Machine is malware free, other updates worked fine. Error of course is generic. Here is what I have tried so far.

1. sfc /scannow (found nothing)
2. temp files cleaned
3. windows repair AIO by tweaking.com
4. Several MS Fixit related to WU
5. Windows Update Troubleshooter
6. reset all windows update comps.
7. Created new user account and attempted from there
8. safe mode install
9. clean boot install
10. disabled/removed AV

The error that sp1 pops is ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING (80073701)
IE9 install Error code is 800F081E

A:Windows 7 SP1 and IE updates fail

Try to restore your system a day before the errors occurs..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-sp1-and-ie-updates-fail.203319/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi PC Restarts before booting 100 correctly times I am fairly new here and I have been having major issue s with my PC here is the problem Ok so basically when I switch my power on it will instantly turn off from - seconds the time is random PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly sometimes I get to windows loading screen sometimes I don t This repeats from - times until it finally becomes stable and stays on However sometimes it will stay on completely such as right now the only reason I am posting this topic is because my PC has stayed on tomorrow might be a different story The problem accrued around month ago my PC would do this problem exactly but would only need to restart times rather than a random amount of times until it works Things I have tried or done to help the situation I have a graphics card which has been replaced the problem persisted with both of them which leads me to believe its not that I have Ram slots off which are used and ram was recently installed but again the problem persisted before I bought the RAM I have reset my BIOS and I took out the battery for it to reset the problem still accrued I formatted Windows the problem still accrued The only thing I have not done is replace my PSU the power cables ect While doing this process I did get a beep code which has now gone but the beep code was long short Asus motherboard which apparently was VGA Card but I never touched the VGA Card to solve the problem weird right My Question Has anyone ever had this kind of problem or suspect what the problem could be Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly

Go ahead and replace the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-100-times-before-booting-correctly.201245/
Relevancy 29.67%

Greetings, I am now trying to get windows reinstalled.
I have Asrock Extreme 7 Motherboard. When I set the storage to RAID and go into the raid setup the first volume should be set up as raid 0, I do not get an option to set up another.

I have a 60gig OCZ 3 and a Corsair 1 terabyte platter drive. I need them in array so I can use Intels SRT tech.

Big question is Windows is not finding the raid driver on either the Win 7 disk OR the MOBO disk. I assume it IS there correct?

Can anyone give me some advice and or some steps I should correctly follow?

I can get windows started on install but at the end I get 'Windows cannot complete installation on this hardware' message.

Any advice is welcome please help this newb!

PS, at least I am not getting any BSOD's!

Thanks much in advance!

A:Trying to reinstall Win 7 64 cannot get Raid settup correctly

Well, it is not recommended to put 2 different drives in RAID 0, plus it makes no sense to do so with your setup. You need to set up the SSD to cache rather than be in RAID 0. Use this article for reference. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-reinstall-win-7-64-cannot-get-raid-settup-correctly.196154/
Relevancy 22.36%

Having a problem with a Dell XPS and hoping someone here has the answer as I seem to SP1 7 not installing updates Windows have tried many potential fixes Windows 7 SP1 updates not installing without success Originally tried to install Office but it got about of the way through and through up an error I think Further investigation showed that my windows updates seem to have stopped installing as well I followed lots of advise on many websites but still had the problem Eventually I restored the pc back to factory settings which included a format to remove any problem Much to my surprise I am still having exactly the same issues so far I have tried the following - carried out numerous Microsoft quot Fix it quot programs ran sfc scannow turned off Mcafee booted the pc in quot clean quot mode carried out repair of Net framework uninstalled and reloaded Net framework reregistered update files stopped and restarted BITS ran the system update readiness tool renamed the software distribution folder Cleared the BITS queue of any current jobs reset the contents of the catroot folder checked for incorrect registry values Probably several other fixes but can t remember them all At the moment the windows update wants to install the update to the windows update but after restarting the windows update it tells me it has failed If I turn off the pc it tells me there are numerous updates to install but it goes through the list very quickly and when it check windows update after restarting they have all failed I am at my wits end as logically reloading windows should have sorted the issue whatever it is I have even ran diagnostics on memory and hard drive and both are fine Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows 7 SP1 updates not installing

I had the same problem with a win 7 computer . I then tried just downloading about ten updates at a time. This worked. Takes a little longer but they installed. I think the problem is on Microsoft update site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-sp1-updates-not-installing.198224/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am "refurbing" a friends computer and have been running into failed update issues. These are Silverlight security update as well as dotnet upgrades. Dotnet 1.1 would not update so uninstalled it and ran dotnetfx and then reinstalled via windows update. That seems successful. Have run microsoft fixit for windows update but the problem persists. Now the update for dotnet 3.5 won't install.
Any easy fixes for this nonsense?

A:Multiple Windows updates fail on XP Home addition

Well, considering XP won't be getting MS support past April 8, 2014, you're probably better off going to W7 I got my info here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-windows-updates-fail-on-xp-home-addition.196574/
Relevancy 22.79%

Earlier today I believe I got these & installed them

I just happened to see the MS icon when I went to reboot so instead of rebooting I installed them, or so I thought.
Are they listed chronologically in the Add/Remove (Programs & Features) in W&?
I do believe I have them on here, but don't use them that I know of.

A:MS Updates

Are you saying you don't have Office 2007 installed...?

If you want to see all installed updates, click the 'view update history' button on Win Update window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-updates.196296/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey,

I've used a program/browser plug in called DivX for a long time now, and have always loved its simplicity, but since I had to reinstall my operating system, I've been having problems getting it to work after installing it.

Basically, when I try and view a divx video in a browser, it makes the browser crash, so obviously something is wrong, however when I try and uninstall it, the progress bar just doesnt move :S and I cant run the initial setup again because it doesnt have a repair option.

I can't system restore because I've installed loads of other things since.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this problem?

Many Thanks

A:Program not working correctly, but can't uninstall/reinstall

Try VLC or Media Player Classic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-not-working-correctly-but-cant-uninstall-reinstall.159336/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've noticed on a few systems in Windows Updates some important updates are unchecked by default, for example Internet Explorer 10 For Windows 7 x64-based systems and various updates for the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7. Why is this and should I still install them? Why would they be important but not installed by default?

A:Sometimes important Windows Updates are unchecked by default

Depends on what your Windows Update settings are like. Mine is set to "notify" only, and every since update is unchecked by default.

.NET framework is kinda like a software that is required for other software to run ... e.g. "iOS v5 or higher is required to download and install Instagram on your iPhone"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sometimes-important-windows-updates-are-unchecked-by-default.193498/
Relevancy 32.68%

"This computer is configured to require a password in order to start up. Please enter the startup password below."

Hi im in the dumps.

Iong story short, I gullably fell into the microsoft tech trap.
my ISP told me not to reset/turn off the comp but the house electricity caved in and its 2.30 in the morning and I got an assessment which I typed up but havnt sent. now im scared as all hell.

is there any immediate response I can get from you guys to cure it.

I was brought here by google by a guy with same problem.

As far as I know the computer is a Desktop running Windows7

Motherboard I believe is p5n32-e SLI

but that is pretty much as knowledgable as I get about harddware.

A:"This computer is configured to require a password"

What. ISP talking to you about PC? Where did you get this PC from? Someone set a password in the BIOS - we can't help you crack it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-computer-is-configured-to-require-a-password.193528/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm on a friends Vista Home Premium & noticed there are numerous MS updates that never got installed. Some are shown here;

Install them or forget them? When I run the updater,it says no updates are available.

A:MS updates on Vista Home Premium

These are more

There are still more. Will post them if necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-updates-on-vista-home-premium.188820/
Relevancy 22.79%

In regards to a previous thread
I have the following "failed" MS updates.
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2619339)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2639417)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2567053)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2388210)

Are the above necessary?

A:W7 & MS Updates

Did you receive these updates from Microsoft?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/w7-ms-updates.188818/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello everyone, i have this really annoying problem with flash player. Sorry if this is in the wrong section btw, basically when i go to a site that needs flash for something it says to install it and i do so. After it is installed and i try to go to a site that requires it, it just says to install it. Its almost as if the install that i have does not stay on the PC when i install it, i have tried tons of fixes and have searched for solutions for hours and i know this is a good site and i hope someone will be able to help me out. thanks a bunch

A:Flash not installing correctly

if firefox
try uninstall plugin uninstall firefox
then reboot reinstall
always make backup of your firefox profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-not-installing-correctly.86430/
Relevancy 21.93%

Good evening to all Last year I decided to use Firefoxe and say goodbye to IE after disabling everything to do with IE I soon realized than I could not get Windows Updates Windows 2.0.4 Firefox opens & IE7 both Updates nor could I access MSN Hotmail through MSN I went on to search the web and found useless tips and registry fixes that did not worked and eventually gave up and enabled IE to correct the problems I since upgraded to Firefox all ok MSN with the MSN Plus extension all ok there too but today I found the courage to upgrade to IE Now I m in trouble When I try to open my hotmails through MSN It does use Firefox but does not bring Windows Updates opens both Firefox 2.0.4 & IE7 the Hotmail logging page But the cherry is that when I click on Windows update in the security center it opens a blank page with IE and another Windows Updates opens both Firefox 2.0.4 & IE7 page open with Firefox telling me that I should upgrade IE go to the MS Download Center or better enable Automatic Updates I tried all these and others the only fix so far that works is to roll back to IE I think I should bow in shame and admit defeat before I do any more damage to my OS I should have known better not to mess with Regedit and Internet settings I would be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction in order to fix my mess Kind Regards Zatox nbsp

A:Windows Updates opens both Firefox 2.0.4 & IE7

Go to the Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, then remove Firefox and Mozilla entries, then reboot, and reinstall Firefox 2.0.0.4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-updates-opens-both-firefox-2-0-4-ie7.80278/
Relevancy 22.36%

I've got a bum update.

It says, turn off and install updates. I say fine. It says installing 1 of 1... don't turn off your computer - and stays that way for 8, 10 and 12 hours (for the first three times I tried it). I thought after yanking the power the first time, that it might actually install the second or third time around, but it appears that it is not going to ever actually install.

How can I remove this update, and re-download it to try it again? Or... is there another solution?

I'd like to turn off my computer and have it go off. I'd also kinda prefer to be able to install new updates, when they come around, instead of skipping any updates from now on.

A:XP updates never update

Is it stuck Creating a Restore point or after that comes the Download then the Install.

Which KB is being attempted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-updates-never-update.187361/
Relevancy 21.07%

I upgraded from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7 Enterprise, installed the drivers of every device that needed one, including that of the nVidia GEForce 210 graphic card, which I downloaded from the nVidia official website. Then, I installed updates from Windows Update and some other needed programs, and in the end, GTA San Andreas and Off-Road Drive. Started playing GTA and after some seconds there is this BSDO and computer restarts. Tried it with Off-Road Drive, the same. I will attach the dump files created from the PC, but I think it is something related to the graphic card or graphic card driver, anyways, since it is annoying and I am bit confused, it would be of really great help if you guys could give me an idea.

A:BSOD at the beginning of games after upgrading to Windows 7 and installing updates

This is indeed graphics driver related. What are your complete system specs including power supply. Going from XP to windows 7 is not that easy. Your motherboard may not have the proper Windows 7 compatibility either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-at-the-beginning-of-games-after-upgrading-to-windows-7-and-installing-updates.175377/
Relevancy 21.93%

all was fine this weekend up until saturday when i installed the most recent updates I cannot let them auto install as i have to be near wifi and have to have a chance to save my work first ok so now here is my problem the install goes perfect everything else was fine windows needs to restart so I told it most login updates. windows not recent 8.1 will after to restart later so i could finish my other work that i was doing online after all of that I shut down normally and take my machine home to discover upon reboot that it goes to a black screen windows 8.1 will not login after most recent updates. my first thought of course is to troubleshoot it with the install disk I load the install disk go into troubleshooting tools and browse files at this point i discover my c drive mounted as e and the system reserved that windows makes for the boot manager and things is mounted as c after changing this in the registry settings windows 8.1 will not login after most recent updates. through the same boot disk I am able to boot but instead of loading my account it shows my name with a missing profile pic no matter what password i give it either sits stuck on the word welcome or preparing windows but never logs in if it logs in then i get a black screen with only my mouse displayed and am able to move it but never get anything else I am able to use linux on another hardrive to go in and backup my files if needed but is there any other option besides complete reinstall of windows I do not have time to sit at burgerking for an entire day just to reupdate windows especially if it is indeed the update that caused this to further complicate things I have to download my graphics driver through linux and install manually because the builtin screen is crack making it very difficult to read anything which means I absolutely have to use an external screen in order to do this i used legacy win d rivers as those were the only ones to work before i upgraded to from might this cause the issue if so what options besides pray win legacy drivers work on my graphics card is there

A:windows 8.1 will not login after most recent updates.

Let's start with a couple of bootrec commands
Open up the repair tools and select the Command Prompt option.

Type these 3 commands exactly, pressing Enter after each one:

bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

The last one asks a question about installations to select - select "All" by pressing A and then press Enter

Let us know if that works and we'll move on from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584250/windows-81-will-not-login-after-most-recent-updates/
Relevancy 22.36%

G'day allI'm getting the BSOD, on the bottom of the screen it says ( atikmpag.sys date stamp 4d1cfap1) I know its something to do with the graphics driver which I have tried to update and not having any luck and getting the following error ( code 80070103 windows update_dt000) Advanced micro devices ,Inc display Radeon ™ HD 6770M failed.After selecting ( see detailed info this is what's shownProblem signature:  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3  Locale ID: 3081Additional information about the problem:  BCCode: 116  BCP1: FFFFFA800D28B380  BCP2: FFFFF88004A07B78  BCP3: 0000000000000000  BCP4: 0000000000000002  OS Version: 6_1_7601  Service Pack: 1_0  Product: 768_1Files that help describe the problem:  C:\Windows\Minidump\062815-43103-01.dmp << CAN NOT OPEN, ( tried using notepad)  C:\Users\carl\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-125861-0.sysdata.xml <<< CAN NOT find this file ( hidden files shown)I'd be greatful for any help on solving this issue please.cheersEdit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

A:driver updates.

For starters, here's an article that helps with this particular error (BCCode: 116 is also known as STOP 0x116):  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532
Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580995/driver-updates/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all I am having some reoccurring issues with my Toshiba Windows updates install on restart and other wont issues satellite P The most Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues recent issue that i've been having is when windows tries to install updates on restart Windows begins the download process but then prompts that the updates are not compatible and reverts the changes But my laptop doesn't restart it Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues just continues to try and reinstall the incompatible updates until my laptop blue screens In the past or days my laptop has blue screened or times Before this I was having a similar issue where there would be no updates that windows required but my computer would start hanging randomly and when i would restart it would take FOREVER to do so Im using the event viewer to find errors prior to this update and also because i can't remember the error code from the blue screen I think the error code had something to do with power drivers I cant remember T T HALP PLZZ Event Viewer Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Shadow Description Event filter with query SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt could not be reactivated in namespace root CIMV because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-WMI Guid edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f EventSourceName WinMgmt gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Shadow lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Shadow Description The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Shadow lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name param gt Computer Browser lt Data gt lt Data Name param gt Server lt Data gt lt Data Name param gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Windows updates wont install on restart and other issues

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.I am not one of them.But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-usWindows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):Run SFCFix    This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.        -  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.Export CBS folder        -  On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579640/windows-updates-wont-install-on-restart-and-other-issues/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have no idea if my computer is salvageable but I thought it'd Computer booting not correctly be worth a shot to post on here to see Computer not booting correctly if someone can help I have a year old Windows Lenovo laptop On boot the computer Computer not booting correctly shows the Lenovo logo and starts up The screen is black for about - seconds flashes a boot message about failing to boot the wifi card a residue effect from when someone tried to fix it several years ago and then is black for another - seconds before showing what I believe is the multi boot menu The screen has two tabs to choose from the Boot Menu and the App Menu Each menu has two options Boot Menu ATAPI CD Optiarc DVD RW-AD H Network Boot Realtek PXE B D Selecting either of these options results in the black screen- gt wifi card boot screen- gt black screen- gt boot menu loop to play again App Menu Setup Diagnostic Splash Selecting repeats throught he same cycle choosing anything from boot menu gives me Setup takes me to the setup menu where I can see my computers information and mess some configuration I won't pretend to understand along with the boot order I have tried rearranging the boot order in multiple different ways at someone's suggestion to no success The current boot priority order is ATAPI CD Network Boot USB FDD ATA HDD USB HDD USB CD I have also tried resetting the list to default with no success Pressing F at start up does nothing On the day it had broken I had factory reset my computer and had only installed a few programs skype some antivirus called panda and chrome but had forgotten something REALLY important sadly My computer has a pretty bad error built in where going from sleep mode to hibernate mode it crashes every time Never figured out why it did this but I forgot to disable sleep mode When I left my computer alone and fell asleep it crashed while I was sleeping which is likely what broke the system After speaking with a coworker about the issue I noticed a faint whirr-CLICK was coming from my computer and he suggested replacing the hard drive which I did today It appears to have made a modicum of difference as the computer does not make the sound anymore when booting although I can hear a very faint beeping noise coming from it now and a small display message shows when starting the computer stating I can press f or f for start-up options which was not showing when I had the old hard drive in I have no idea what to do now

A:Computer not booting correctly

It would seem that your hard drivers got damaged or that it was not connected properly. For dealing with this type of situations I always recommend getting a local technician, but if you are willing to open your computer, well that's a risk you take. 

The hard drive is the device used to save all of your information, including the Operating System, since you have replaced your hard drive. Your information is gone along with your Operating System, at this point it will be necessary to reinstall it. If your computer came with a DVD for the operating system then you will be lucky, if not, you will have to buy one, or download an image, and purchase an original license key. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578557/computer-not-booting-correctly/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there ive been trying to update my driver java etc for awhile now becasue they are out of date and everytime i seem to try and do this the download gets half way or right about the end but then the download screen freezes up giving the not responding faded white outlined box and the never ending loading mouse icon and / Crashing java adobe during updates /driver etc or outright crashes windows and all other program I just ran a few malware virus scans and nothing crazy came up and i made sure that all my windows updates Crashing during java / adobe /driver etc updates were downloaded Some assistance would be greatly appreciated thanks Windows Dell tudio xps AMD Phenom II X T Processor GHz GB RAM bit OS OS was Crashing during java / adobe /driver etc updates installed after delivery - I purchased it from Dell Have reinstalled OS once no longer have the disk And ofcourse now we arent allowing downloads as the requested Sysnative BSOD Dump System File Collection App wont finish what its supposed to do it just keps getting hung up the way thru waiting for system information that never comes thru

A:Crashing during java / adobe /driver etc updates

The Sysnative App sometimes takes a very long time when compiling System Information reports (especially on a system that has a lot of problems).  Let it run for a long while (an hour or more should be sufficient). If that doesn't work, then let's try these 3 things to get some reports: Upload Dump Files:NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Left click on the first minidump file.Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.Upload that .zip file with your next post.If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.htmlMore info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649 MSINFO32:Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press EnterSave the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. systeminfo:Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.  If unable to upload them here (they MUST BE zipped in order to upload them), please upload them to a free file-hosting service such as OneDrive or DropBox.Be sure to share them, then just post a link to them here so we can download them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578119/crashing-during-java-adobe-driver-etc-updates/
Relevancy 21.5%

This is a Toshiba Satellite C650 laptop that has had a history of issues with updates.  Last year some updates began to fail and we could not get them to apply successfully.  Other issues occurred, bsod without warning, etc.  Finally in Nov/December I did the factory reset and then re-applied all of the updates successfully.  Things seemed to be working ok after that.  After a month or so the laptop was then out of the country and offline for around 4 months.  Shortly after coming back online it began to have issues with some updates, until now when it will not even successfully check for new updates.  Also occasionally blue screens again.  Also, if you select View update history, it says "you have not tried to install any updates for your computer"

We use ESET Nod32 antivirus and it hasn't reported any virus/malware issues.

Help!

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Code 80070057 cannot check for/install updates

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576976/windows-7-code-80070057-cannot-check-forinstall-updates/
Relevancy 21.5%

This article is at How to Geek. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585315/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 29.24%

Ok,
So i've just changed my cpu cooler and thermal paste from the ocz tempest to the zalman cnps 9500 nt with some nice smoooooth as5. Before my readings in Nvidia's "ntune" were 51/52c were all i got out of it, i tried "Everest" it reported the same, i then checked the readings in bios, this revealed my cpu was actually running at a much more believable 31c. I failed to realise it could have been a software problem.

Now that i've changed my cpu cooler, the software still reports the same 51/52c reading but the bios reports a more nicer figure of 25c...what's going on? is it a software problem? if it is what can i do about it? how come the bios reads a more believable figure? thank you for any help provided.

A:software failing to read cpu temps correctly

Sounds like the software to me. One logical explanation is that while your OS is loaded and lots of processes are running, your processor would probably be doing a lot more than it does while in the BIOS (when no OS is loaded). However, twice the temp is definately a big difference!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-failing-to-read-cpu-temps-correctly.73938/
Relevancy 22.79%

Now that Updates.com is gone, what other options do we have to check to make sure our software is up-to-date?

A:Updates.com

I guess you could use the same method I have been using for years, go to the vendor's site and check for updates.
There are other solutions, such as Cnet's recommendation of subscribing to their download dispatch newsletter, which will tell you of updates and upgrades as they become available, though you may have to sift through a lot of stuff you don't use to get to what you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updates-com.4405/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I have many computers in my test network using Mozilla Firefox - some computers load Windows and others Linux varieties.

I have these computers using the same centralized Bookmarks file, v.g. Bookmarks.html, for which the most up-to-date version will always be deposited on a common public FTP site in the network.

Does Firefox offer any scripting facility for me to write a routine that will check for latest updates on the Bookmarks file (simply checking time stamp difference), and if found, make a call to the Bookmarks-Import routine in Firefox ?

Thnx

A:scripting in Mozilla Firefox to get updates in Bookmarks?

Specifically for that, I'm not certain, but you could try foxmarks:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410

Though I am not certain that will server your purposes. You could also try looking on add ons> extensions, and maybe search "bookmarks"
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=bookmarks&status=4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scripting-in-mozilla-firefox-to-get-updates-in-bookmarks.72966/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I have many computers in my test network using Mozilla Firefox - some computers load Windows and others Linux varieties.

I have these computers using the same centralized Bookmarks file, v.g. Bookmarks.html, for which the most up-to-date version will always be deposited on a common public FTP site in the network.

Does Firefox offer any scripting facility for me to write a routine that will check for latest updates on the Bookmarks file (simply checking time stamp difference), and if found, make a call to the Bookmarks-Import routine in Firefox ?

Thnx

A:scripting in Mozilla Firefox to get updates in Bookmarks?

Specifically for that, I'm not certain, but you could try foxmarks:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410

Though I am not certain that will server your purposes. You could also try looking on add ons> extensions, and maybe search "bookmarks"
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=bookmarks&status=4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scripting-in-mozilla-firefox-to-get-updates-in-bookmarks.72966/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have delayed upgrading to SP3 but I have been installing the subsequent XP security updates. I am now about to install SP3 but it has occurred to me, will I have any problems if I install SP3 on top of the Windows updates that came out after SP3?

A:Order of installing SP3 and Windows Updates

You shouldn't have any problems installing SP3. I recently downloaded SP3 myself. I didn't have any problems.

When you download something like SP3 it will replace files, if it needs to, to make the proper install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/order-of-installing-sp3-and-windows-updates.115657/