Windows Support Forum

Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Q: Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

when I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Originally Posted by notech

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

can you just run through your post again, you seem to be saying that you have disabled your wireless on your router and you lose connection on the wireless connection on your computer.
you will, because you disabled it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208242-cant-connect-wifi-w-internet-when-connected-rj45-another-router-x64.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Same Connected connect to to router, internet can't wifi wifi network works on my laptop but not my desktop Running the troubleshooter on my desktop Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet comes up with no errors My ipconfig all is below Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TARDIS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- F-B -C - - -E - D-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address C - - -E - D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - B - A D- B A F CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B A - BAD- CD-B - FAE AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cbc b ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BA C C- C - E-B - D D D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- - C- FBF D AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt

A:Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet

According to this you should have a connection so something may be blocking the connection like an Anti Virus software.

Does it show up as connected but the browsers won't go anywhere? If so I have something for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262213-connected-wifi-router-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,

Is it possible connect one DSL router with RJ45(LAN) output to Wifi ADSL router with RJ11 (telephone) input?

I want to use the wifi only on this adsl router.

a had find also
RJ11 to RJ45 Adapter

Converts RJ11 to RJ45 and Visa versa. Useful for connecting ADSL broadband modems to network switches etc. Uses the middle 4 cores to transmit the data.

Is this adapter work also in other way RJ45 to RJ11?
Enyone tried this?

Thanks for advice.

A:Connect one DSL router with RJ45 output to Wi-Fi ADSL router with RJ11 input?

steveke999 said:

Hello,

Is it possible connect one DSL router with RJ45(LAN) output to Wifi ADSL router with RJ11 (telephone) input?Click to expand...

only if connected in a not obvious manner

I want to use the wifi only on this adsl router.
a had find also
RJ11 to RJ45 Adapter

Converts RJ11 to RJ45 and Visa versa. Useful for connecting ADSL broadband modems to network switches etc. Uses the middle 4 cores to transmit the data.

Is this adapter work also in other way RJ45 to RJ11?Click to expand...

no, that will not work as it is only a 'wire connector' and not a signal converter.

here's how; do not put anything into the RJ11 slot on the ADSL WiFi router.

connect an ethernet cable from a LAN slot on the router connected to the phone line
TO another lan slot on the WiFi router. This will cause the WiFi router to act very much
link a switch. Just be sure the DHCP service (on this device) is disabled and only the primary router has DHCP active.

You will still need to setup the WiFi configuration (but do so ONLY with a wired connection to it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-one-dsl-router-with-rj45-output-to-wi-fi-adsl-router-with-rj11-input.152806/
Relevancy 86.43%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a but router internet no Connected WiFi to acess! ASUS E U i notebook computer with Windows Home Ultimate A few days ago it just stopped getting internet I get the error No DNS server detected I tryed the hardwired Connected to WiFi router but no internet acess! connection and it worked fine Then I set up my Netgear signal extender and connected to my router through it and it worked fine I don't normaly use the extendor as I live in a small one bedroom appartment It's for other locations I have researched this problems and followed over a dozen diffrent instructions to flush DNS and disable some other stuff etc Nothing works I have AVG free antivirus but it has never interfered with my internet on any of my computers The computer is a few months old It came with Mcaffee but I uninstalled it So that couldn't be it Please help Let me know if you need any other data Here is the result of ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS-i - M Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - -C -AB- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dce e f b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB- - - - -A - - -BC DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FFCF - A C- A- E -D DA F CAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is System Info Network Protocol Name MSAFD Tcpip TCP IPv Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data Yes Supports Graceful Closing Yes Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting No Name MSAFD Tcpip UDP IPv Connectionless Service Yes Guarantees Delivery No Guarantees Sequencing No Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size KB bytes Message Oriented Yes Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting Yes Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data No Supports Graceful Closing No Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting Yes Name MSAFD RfComm Bluetooth Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data No Supports Graceful Closing Yes Supports Guaranteed Bandwidth No Supports Multicasting No Name MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP Connectionless Service No Guarantees Delivery Yes Guarantees Sequencing Yes Maximum Address Size bytes Maximum Message Size bytes Message Oriented No Minimum Address Size bytes Pseudo Stream Oriented No Supports Broadcasting No Supports Connect Data No Supports Disconnect Data No Supports Encryption No Supports Expedited Data Yes Supports Graceful C... Read more

A:Connected to WiFi router but no internet acess!

If you had McAfee you will want to run it's special uninstaller tool.

McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller

A few problems I noticed at that you have 2 Msoft Virtual WiFi mini port adaptors enabled, you should disable both of them as they aren't used unless you set up a hosted wireless network.

Another possible problem is that you seem to have a default gateway showing up where the DNS servers should be.

Is there secondary router in this network or did you type the default gateway into the DNS settings for some reason?

It may help to type the DNS servers into the routers settings then remove the entries from the IPv4 properties.

It also appears that you typed a DNS server into your WINS at the IPv4 properties, WINS isn't used much anymore so removing that entry might be wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272616-connected-wifi-router-but-no-internet-acess.html
Relevancy 83.42%

In the last couple of days I can only connect to the internet if I hook up my router to the PC via a RJ45 cable.

Before this I would just turn th PC on and it would connect no problem. Now I get all lights on exccept the @ light. As soon as I connect the RJ45, it connects within seconds. I have tried to save the settings through the router page on Internet Explorer. It is quite an old Phillips router, I am wondering if it has just come to its natural end!

I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

A:Router will only connect via RJ45 cable

Have you checked your wireless adapter? It could have failed instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-will-only-connect-via-rj45-cable.166457/
Relevancy 82.99%

i've had a wifi network set up at my house for several months now and no problems if i couldn't connect i always just unplugged the router for seconds and was able to connect well suddenly today i can't connect to the internet but my wifi network appears to be fine it's says i have excellent signal strengh and that i'm connected but i can't connect to the internet when i go to the program that came with the router and hit quot repair quot it says that i AM connected to the network but that my internet connection is broken what UP with that i don't get it can someone please advise on what to do i tried using connected can't to internet..??? connect but network, to wifi another device to see if i could connect with internet my ipod touch and it also said that i was connected to the wifi network yet it could not connect with the internet it never had a popup that said anything it acted like it was trying to connect but just never did i'm puzzled during the day while i was at work my roommate connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? was going to use the laptop when she couldn't connect she did the unplug for sec thing whent that didn't work she unplugged the two cables from the back of the router and plugged them back in is it possible that she plugged them into the wrong place would that be the problem i am not at home right connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? now so i can't check but will try to fix this when i get home tomorrow not sure what i need to do signed frustrated

A:connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..???

Willing to bet you are using a third party firewall / antivirus application.
Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153584-connected-wifi-network-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everybody!

I would be happy if anybody could help me solve my network connection problems. I am trying to connect my laptop to internet via wireless router and modem. It successfully connected to router there is no internet access. I have tried wire connection directly to the modem, and it worked. I also know the wireless router is working fine due to we have phones that wirelessly connected to the router, and they are also getting internet access.

Please help!

A:Laptop wifi connected to router but no internet access

I would firstly, double check security and you typed your passkey in right.. sounds dumb but has fixed many peoples errors. Also make sure you didn't block your MAC Adrees.

If still no go, turn off the router security then try to connect.

If no go try updating the drivers.

If still no go then we got issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296717-laptop-wifi-connected-router-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hello,

I am newbie in such things. My internet was working over wifi (router Netgear 150), but suddenly it stopped working. Wifi is working as my smart phone and other laptop is working properly on it.

However My Sony Vaio though connected to wifi, apps like IDM, IE, google chrom nor firefox connets to internet. I remember that I has installed youtube downloader and uninstalled it quickly. It downloaded some additional apps like shopping pro, g-force and I uninstalled that too. but none of my app connescts to internet.

Please help. I checked for proxies, but it is connected directly and disabled firewall as well. but still it is not working.

Relevancy 82.13%

Please help I know very little about computers Please excuse me if I explain things wrong and use incorrect terminology I hadn t used my laptop for a while and yesterday it didn t come on when I tried to turn it on I ended up taking out the battery then holding down the power button for seconds The laptop worked fine after that and I was able to access the Internet When I went to shut it down it said that it had updates to install so I told it to install the updates and shut off when it was done When I started it up today it seemed slow to get to the Toshiba screen It looked liked it was still installing updates which I found odd because it had shut itself down yesterday after installing all of them I thought I shut it down again after the updates or whatever that was had completed and I was able to access one site very briefly However now I can t access the Internet at all The Internet Explorer page comes up for a few seconds and then closes again to the Toshiba page When I check my connection it says that the Wifi is connected I can t figure out why I can t access the Internet Please help Edited to add that I it's to the won't My connected Toshiba even though laptop Wifi Internet connect to m using Windows Also My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi I just tried to scan with Norton but the scan won t work nbsp

A:My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-its-connected-to-wifi.1138598/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I am trying to connect to the Internet through Firefox the router is connected but will not connect to the Internet it is a acer desktop

A:Connected to router but cannot connect to the internet

Please provide MORE details re your current problem.
Include the following information:
Any software or hardware that you recently installed or removed
Any recent changes that were made to the system
The amount of time that that you have experienced the problem
The things that you have already tried to troubleshoot the problem, and the results.
Any Error messages?
The Anti Virus / Security / Firewall programs you have running.
In the body of the posting, describe the problem or question. Include all necessary details { your Operating System, wireless or ethernet, router brand etc} but no unnecessary ones. A short description is easier to understand and will save the reviewer time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/connected-to-router-but-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-659228.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Ok so I have downloaded latest drivers and done everything else I can find to get my laptop to wirelessly connect. It will connect to router but will not go to internet and keeps saying that the modem isn't connected or that its unidentifiable. I have turned off security and it worked but I can't leave security off because of the work I do online. Now that I have turned on the security it won't connect to internet. Please help I have been fighting with this for two days and it's really getting to me.

Relevancy 81.7%

I just got a dell laptop, inspiron with windows 7, that i can use at home on my wireless network with no problem. When I got to other places, like my fathers house, I can connect to the router but do not get internect connectivity. Any ideas, thanks in advance.

A:Connected to router but cannot connect to internet

If the method in the link below doesn't work than most likely the router needs a firmware update in order to work correctly with Windows 7.

Setting up a wireless network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103132-connected-router-but-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Have recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and an Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network card and a netgear router.

I am able to connect to the router and the strength of the signal is 'excellent' however I am not able to connect to the internet and get 'no internet access' as a message.

I can cinnect to both the router and internet with a desktop computer and a different lap top and can connect to the internet on my new computer when wired directly into the router.

I have tried disconnecting and connecting etc.

Many thanks

Relevancy 80.84%

I have a HP notebook running Windows 7 Pro that can access network shares and the Internet without issue over Wifi.

However, when I connect to the same network over wired ethernet (Wifi disabled), it can still access network shares, but no Internet.

Any ideas what might be the cause (other hardwired PCs can access both network shares and Internet normally) ?

Thanks.

Relevancy 79.98%

Day of Cox High Speed Internet Premier Service Laptop Macbook - OS Laptop Toshiba - WindowsVista Modem Best Data CMX to still internet but is connected router Wireless it is showing can't connect V Router Belkin Wireless G Router I was able to wirelessly connect laptops and my PS momentarily yesterday by adding the password to the SSID first day of service but have not been able to connect since I added the network to my PS yesterday and was able to save however anytime i try and get online i get an error message quot The key information exchange timed out The WPA key you entered may not be correct A wired Ethernet connection between the computer and the modem CMX v works and you can access the Internet A wired Ethernet connection between the computer and the Belkin Wireless G Router works and you can access the Internet The Belkin Wireless G Router broadcast Wireless router is showing it is connected but still can't connect to internet and shows a good signal strength but when prompted for the password the connection times out Could this be an IP issue Setting each machine with its own IP address help I can login to my router admin page http to make adjustments I Wireless router is showing it is connected but still can't connect to internet am just not sure what the issue is here Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless router is showing it is connected but still can't connect to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-is-showing-it-is-connected-but-still-cant-connect-to-internet.939303/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there! I'm not not really techy. I was looking for a customer support number for Tp-link but thought that this forum may be helpful since I can't find their number anywhere on the net. Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc. I just noticed that if I turn off my router, the Ethernet light on my modem turns off, but the power and dsl lights are still on. Is there a way for me to use my pc even if my router is turned off? If I remember right, i've tried it before and it worked... But now, I have to turn on my router just for me to be able to connect to the net on my pc.

A:Can't connect to the Internet when wifi router is off

Every router user manual I've ever looked at includes a customer support number for the company. Have you looked in the manual?

Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc.Click to expand...

Could you be very specific about your network, beginning with your type of ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-when-wifi-router-is-off.1026902/
Relevancy 79.12%

Can't connect to internet, error message says check ethernet cable. Have not changed cable or replaced cable so not sure why no connection. Router is connected (all other computers with Wi Fi works). The router and computer have lights on the ethernet ports that are lit up showing connection. HELP?

A:Can't connect to internet, ethernet cable connected to router and comp

Try resetting everything by powering off - router, modem, PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/305303-cant-connect-internet-ethernet-cable-connected-router-comp.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

This issue has been bugging me for months.

I've configured my ADSL Wireless Router to have an "always on" connection to the internet.
This I can check in the router configuration page, under status and I see that there is indeed PPP connection to my ISP, with transmission and received statistics to prove it.
Ok, no problem there.

However, when I connect to the wireless router from my PC, I would expect that because the internet connection is already active on the router, I would not have to log in to the ISP again from my PC. But I do!
Why I do not know, but this has been irritating me for months.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

FYI, running VISTA (rubbbish) and connected to a Siemens SL2-141/SL2-141-I ADSL Router.

Regards

JP

A:Solved: ADSL Router connected to Internet, but still have to connect manually from PC

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adsl-router-connected-to-internet-but-still-have-to-connect-manually-from-pc.802899/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi HELP PLEASE i changed isp providers and one of my laptops won t connect to the internet via the router it is a but the to cannot internet to connect no internet the connected has router toshiba satellite running on vista and worked fine when i was with sky i am now with orange and since the switch it wont connect It did for a brief period connect to the router but no internet Other laptops can connect via the router with no problem and they are vista I have tried the usual reboot the cannot connect to the internet has connected to the router but no internet router turn off reset clear cookies history etc but cannot connect to the internet has connected to the router but no internet no joy this is cannot connect to the internet has connected to the router but no internet what it tells me when i use iconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Teresa gt ipconfig release The requested operation requires elevation C Users Teresa gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its me dia disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C Users Teresa gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix SE Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Teresa gt cmd k ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Teresa-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -E -A - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix SE Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - -D -BF- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap SE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B BBD - - - E F-FE B br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated have been trying for a week and endless telephone calls xxx nbsp

A:cannot connect to the internet has connected to the router but no internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-has-connected-to-the-router-but-no-internet.926335/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Bit of RJ11 internet to connect the RJ45 to wgt624v3 adapter to a problem here and wanted to see if anyone could tell me if the following is possible and will work I have a wgt v Netgear Mbps wireless firewall router and wish to connect it to the internet and then use the wireless signal to connect the other pc's to the net my problem is that I have tried to use a RJ and connect it to the back of the router in the RJ port that is marked internet but it won't pick up the internet connection I have searched other sites that say it is possible for a RJ to work in a RJ port but it's not working for me so I found a RJ to RJ adapter and was hoping that if i use this and convert the RJ cable connection to the RJ connector and then plug this into the back of RJ11 to RJ45 adapter to connect wgt624v3 to the internet the router this would give me an internet connection would this work Thanks for the help

A:RJ11 to RJ45 adapter to connect wgt624v3 to the internet

Sounds to me like you might be trying to teach a router to function as an ADSL modem. That won't work

What's the other end of the RJ11 phone cable plugged into? That Netgear device is probably not an ADSL modem, hence the "ethernet" (RJ45) plug on its back, as opposed to a phone (RJ11) jack. It would need an ADSL modem upstream of it do actually handle the phone stuff.

Then again, I've never owned one of those devices and I could be dead wrong.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/219512-rj11-rj45-adapter-connect-wgt624v3-internet.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 73.96%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 69.66%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 69.66%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I know this is a known problem that many have had. I have tried to find solutions through other posts ive read online but I can still not resolve this issue.

I can connect to the internet via the WLAN cable and it works fine. However, I would prefer to have freedom and use WIFI instead. But I can only connect locally. I know a bit about trying to fix it but I am no computer wizz kid so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The strange thing is I can connect to new networks sometimes ok on WIFI but others I get this problem I have mentioned.

The network I am tryng to connect to is one at home which is new.

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299936-wifi-router-only-connected-locally.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 68.37%

i just bought a dell xt2 on ebay it came with windows 8 pro. my problem is that it goes into limited connection every ten minutes, even when i am next to the router. the error i get when i trouble shoot is the Default gateway is not avaible. let me know if you need any more info.<br>

A:Wifi on my dell xt2 goes from connected to limited connect

update.
my home router is verizon i think the security is wpa personal.

no issues on my school's network, and my hotspot which uses wpa2 (might be one) it foxfi. th

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20244-wifi-my-dell-xt2-goes-connected-limited-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times because I myself have read countless posts trying to figure out my problem and solve it, but nothing has seemed to work for me. I have an HP G60-230US laptop and a Linksys router. It says my laptop is connected to linksys but it has a limited connection. It will not connect to the Internet and I can't open the Internet at all. I got an error saying that it was unable to communicate with the Primary DNS Server but I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about fixing this.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 67.51%

I moved house and brought the wifi router (SMC WBR14 g2) with me as it worked fine. Now in the new area I have a new ISP, and though I have gone to the router admin page and (under instructions from the person who sold it to me) set it up step by step, the network only loads some pages. The pages are random as sometimes a page wont load and other times it may. But also the first time it tries to load, it will take a while connecting to server, then it will say can not find server. However after that, it will instantly say can not find server.

When the cable is plugged directly to my laptop, it works absolutely fine.

I have a Macbook pro, so if anyone knows how to sort this out, please let me know.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey yall Am connected router computer internet to is Solved: connects to not my router my but My having an issue after resetting my router My computer connects to my router and the signal is fine but the router does not seem to be connected to the internet am a web researcher and i use my internet everyday and I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out Here is the ipconfig message http Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Motorola SURFboard USB Cable Modem Physical Address - - -A -EC-AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - AM Lease Expires August- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HP b g Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -AE- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dbc e f dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - - B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A AE -F B- - C D- FBE DA br ED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -DF - CB -AA -D F B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address c b c b Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Hope this helps Thank Again nbsp

A:Solved: My computer connects to my router but my router is not connected to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-connects-to-my-router-but-my-router-is-not-connected-to-internet.613776/
Relevancy 66.22%

I know this may sound basic to some but I'm a bit perplexed. I've connected my computer to a wireless router. Everything works fine and I can log on to the Internet, no prob. But now, I'd like to connect my girlfriend's computer to the wireless router so she can log on to the internet. Her computer is not set up for true "wireless" so I connected her computer with a phone line into the wireless router. Her computer does have an ethernet card, I believe. But why is it she can't log on?? Why won't the phone line which is inserted into the wireless router allow her to log on to the Internet?

Appreciate what I'm sure is a simple explanation to this problem.

Thank you all!!

A:How to connect computer to wireless connected router?

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-computer-to-wireless-connected-router.530293/
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently bought an IBM Thinkpad R61 laptop with Vista and an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, and I have a Netgear MR814v2 wireless router at my house that i've been trying to connect to. When i hook it up through Ethernet, it works fine, but the problems arise when i try to connect wirelessly. I have no problem finding the signal, it shows up as NETGEAR and it's near 100% for a signal, and I can successfully (or so it tells me) connect to it, but whenever i open up Firefox to start using it, nothing happens. I've tried everything to get it to work....

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, i'm new to the whole wireless thing. if there's anything else i should say, tell me

Thanks in advance

A:Computer says I'm connected to wireless router, but can't connect to the net

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-says-im-connected-to-wireless-router-but-cant-connect-to-the-net.612443/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Linksys wireless router and I ve been using that for awhile no problems router, connected another Router slower internet Solved: to with it I had a foot CAT cable sitting around and as well an old D-Link DI- wired router so I decided to turn the router into a switch so can Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet I hardwire my Desktop and PS I have the Port Linksys router outputting the internet to the WAN D-Link wired router using the foot cable and then using Port and to my Desktop and PS respectively Everything on the Desktop and PS side seems to be great i ve noticed web pages loading times decrease Except that the computer which is hardwired to my Linksys wireless router is awfully snail slow Is it because the D-Link router is a Router and not a switch that this problem is happening Edit - I ve been reading that this is more complicated then a simple plug and go I have to disable the DHCP and everything everytime I try to log into my D-Link router it ll get into the routers main page but nothing will load after I try to click LAN or WAN or DHCP Edit - Alright so I have changed my nd router to disable the DHCP and changed the IP to be different from my st router and everything seems good except for one thing When I plug in my PS to either Port or Port the whole network is crippled and nothing connects Very interesting I m going to replace the CAT cable from my PS to my router-switch with a crossover cable i ve got a feeling it s because of that b Edit - I figured out that uPnP was enabled so I disabled it I m not having anymore problems I guess I solved my own issue LOL nbsp

A:Solved: Router connected to another router, slower internet

I guess so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-connected-to-another-router-slower-internet.798888/
Relevancy 65.79%

My Lenovo a 516 connects to the virtual hotspot (my pc), but it doesn't actually receive any data. I can't browse or download.

I have a WIFI dongle (wireless usb nano adapter) connected to my pc, which i think works fine. The problem is with pc's settings because i tried this with 2 phones and outcome was the same.

I do not have much knowledge about how these things work and might have messed up some settings (ip, dns mask- all those things they as u to change,, on youtube).

Kindly help me rectify this..

PS: When i connected the phone after installing the dongle very first time it worked just fine, i was able to browse and download. Now. Then the wifi fan symbol in my phone showd 2 arrows, both sending and receiving data. Now when i open the browser and try entering any site it shows only upward arrow and thats it.

A:Android phone connected to WIFI thru virtual router but unable to browse or download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/android-phone-connected-to-wifi-thru-virtual-router-but-unable-to-browse-or-download.1117049/
Relevancy 65.79%

Windows 7 HP Compaq 615, Belkin N+ Router, Freecom 500gb NTFS HDD

I am trying to make a wireless connection to my external hard drive which is attached via USB to my Belkin N+ router. I use the router as the default gateway to the internet and have used the ping command to check I can send to and receive from the router.So far my laptop is not recognising the hdd even though my son on a Mac has had no problem in connecting to it. All offers of help gratefully received.

A:Connect wirelessly to router connected Hard drive

I own a Belkin N+ and have a WD 320 HDD attached to it. On the Belkin CD is a software package called Belkin Storage Manager which must be loaded on any PC wishing to gain access to the drive attached to the router, it lists the drive as Z:On Belkin N+ unless you give it a name then it will be Z:the name you gave it on Belkin N+. The reason your son's MAC see's it is the MAC finds everything attached to the IP and it essentially is attached to your router's IP table.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94191-connect-wirelessly-router-connected-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I have Windows 7 on Dell N4110. I am unable to connect to my netgear router wirelessly. If i restart the router, it may work for some time but then again gets disconnected. However, i can connect to it through wired connection. Others in my apartment can connect to the router. They dont have windows 7 (they use vista, ubuntu). Its working fine for them. I have tried many things like updating the router, disabling firewall, changing wireless security settings, updating windows but none of them seem to work. My friend who has the same laptop also cant connect when I cant. It happens simultaneously. As soon as my connection is disconnected, his also disconnects. Please let me know what the problem is.

A:Cannot connect to wifi on my router

lets see an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wifi-on-my-router.1045246/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an HP Mini laptop with Windows XP pro and It will no longer connect to my wireless router It started with McAfee Security Center warning me that my computer was not protected When I clicked fix nothing happened except to router WiFi connect Can my not that after my Wifi connection will not stay connected I scanned the system and found nothing I downloaded Malware Bytes Can not connect to my WiFi router and two other spyware products and Malware Bytes found anything and removed something called Perfessional Malware Next I uninstalled McAfee which did not solve the problem Next I repaired the IPStack then ran Winsocketfix routine Then I reloaded all device drivers from the manufacture CD and still no internet Then I downloaded and ran Combefix I also encountered this forum and followed instructions to created an attach txt DDS txt file and GMER log I am ready to upload those files when appropriate The last thing I tried was to hard code the IP address etc in the wireless connection That has allowed me to connect to a nearby unsecured connection but to weak to see the internet I still cannot connect to my wireless router I forgot to mention I have a Wire modem router Thanks in advance for your help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308506/can-not-connect-to-my-wifi-router/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Gateway b wireless series router model WBR- that I set up a few days ago I connected the necessary cables wires correctly and it DOES state that it is connected the signal strength is excellent and the speed is Mbps However I still CANNOT connect to the internet I CAN still connect to the internet with wires though but would really love to go wireless I have even tried the LAN connection as well but no luck there I was on the phone with my ISP for over an hour and he walked me through various things but still no connection He did mention that my router is WEP and my notebook may be WAP whatever that means though Her is my info it is probably way to much but anyways PLEASE HELP ME HP Mini Notebook Microsoft R Works GB DDR System Memory Dimm Wireless-G Card IntelAtomN GHz amp Intel R Grphc Genuine Windows XP Home with Service Pack GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Firefox I also have IE but don t really use it though nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless router is showing it is connected but still can't connect to interne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-is-showing-it-is-connected-but-still-cant-connect-to-interne.939088/
Relevancy 64.93%

I've been battling this Internet Connected, WIFI Internet - Slow/Dropped Issue but Desktop particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet and gaming over Steam etc will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all Windows claims throughout that I am connected to my WIFI network with internet access and good signal even when I cannot reach any internet pages This problem has happened at different locations on different WIFI networks and with different WIFI adapters TP-LINK TL-WDN PCI TRENDnet TEW- UB USB Edimax EW- Un At both locations I have another laptop and a phone that can connect to the WIFI network just fine I even got a couple of the adapters to work fine on the laptop without the issue I've found that disabling NetBIOS seems to temporarily improve matters I'd read Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet elsewhere that that can cause issues but it has not resolved the problem Also Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet I'm getting DNS errors in the Windows event logs quot Name resolution for the name XXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet ipconfig results are posted below Images of Xirrus and its connection test are attached Any help is very much appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Doug gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WUQUIST Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd mn comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection TP Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd mn comcast net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address E -DE- - B-A -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d e fc c e ba Preferred Temporary IPv Address d e c b c b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe fc c e ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM Default Gateway fe d cbff fe e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- - - -D - - - - DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address -D - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet

Here are the Xirrus results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346908-desktop-wifi-internet-issue-connected-but-slow-dropped-internet.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Not so long ago, I started a post about connecting to router's gateway, and TerryNet helped me solve the problem wonderfully.

But now I have another problem, please help me.

I have a wifi router and a adsl ethernet/usb router, the adsl router connect to my laptop through usb port, and the wifi router connect to the adsl router throught ethernet/wan port.

I can go online with the adsl router alone but cant with the wifi.

I can connect to the wifi router's gate to config stuff, like password, wifi's name... but I just can not connect to IPS to online. Other devices can see the wifi network but when connect to it, I just can go to it's gateway.

What should I do now ?

Relevancy 64.5%

We cant connect to WIFI / Internet anymore since our new router was put in. The tech warned us this might happen with our laptop, and it did. First it was working fine, now it will not connect anymore. the only way we can connect is through hardwired (Ethernet cord) We cannot connect wireless anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

windows 8 64 bit
X200M Asus
mick

Relevancy 64.5%

Basically, what's happened is that after transferring my old PC's data onto my new one, and putting that one in place of my old one, therefore hooking up my modem to it, my wireless devices have been having trouble connecting to the router. Everything's hooked up fine, and it was working perfectly before, but now my devices such as my laptop and Droid Pro can SEE the router (As in connect to it and say that they are getting excellent signal strength), but when I try to open my browser, it asks as if I'm not connected to anything at all. The PC that's wired to the modem through the router works fine, however.

Relevancy 64.5%

Ok guys I have a home office work for a large corporation but home to! connect network router / Which WIFI did - I based I have my own broadband and seperate router for gaming surfing etc I also have a dedicated works laptop which also has a dedicated WIFI router for purely work stuff Previously I made it impossible for my WIFI - Which router / network did I connect to! quot work quot router to connect to my quot home quot laptop for obvious reasons However a couple of weeks ago I needed to do some trouble shooting and allowed the home lap top to access my work network I switched it back but forgot to inhibit the from linking So today I m looking at some ahem porn didn t think much about it A few hours later I realise I m connected to the quot work WIFI - Which router / network did I connect to! quot network So Is there a way to check in Windows what router i was connected to at various times through WIFI Is it likely the ISP would advise my employer that I have looked at porn - i didn t go through the work VPN it s just a standard line from Zen into my house by my company pay the bill direct appreciate any help Dave nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Dear sir,
Recently I bought edimax 150 mbps wireless N adsl2+modem router , (model name AR-7188WnA ). I have a desktop set and asus ZenFone 2 laser (model-ASUS_ZOOLD).I want to use wifi (from asus mobile)to connect this edmax modem & router without having broadband connection.please tell me the details

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/use-wifi-connect-modem-amp-router-4606894/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm posting from my phone because right now its my only access.

I have a Netgear Router model number WNR2000
I have a Gateway GM5260 model computer using windows xp.

I am currently trying to connect to my awesome neighbor's wifi connection that they so lovingly bestowed on me and my family the other day.

Herein lies my problem:
I cannot get their router and my own to connect. I'm a networking noob and could really use some assistance.
I've got a their wireless password, my router, and my ethernet cable connecting my router to my pc.
Do I need to pick up a wireless antenna to connect to my router as well?
Should I have my neighbor push the connectivity button on his router?
Dunno where to go from here.
Please help!
Thanks be in advance to anyone who understands wtf I'm going through and knows how to fix it

A:wifi connect using netgear router

I am currently trying to connect to my awesome neighbor's wifi connection that they so lovingly bestowed on me and my family the other day.Click to expand...

Actually they are breaking the ISP agreement in most countries.
The agreement will state that the broadband can only be used in one premises , this is so that people cannot provide neighbours with wifi ....

so as this is also against our rules - closing post

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connect-using-netgear-router.993131/
Relevancy 64.5%

I try to connect my lumia 535 to my router but whenever I try, the router disconnects all devices for about 3 seconds and the phone indicates "The wifi network didn't respond. Try again later."

A:Why cant my Lumia 535 connect to wifi router?

Try resetting the router. Try forgetting the router on your phone and trying to reconnect also you devices are ALL trying to connect at the same time so its basically breaking your router. Try connecting 1 device at a time and working your way up.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/346007-why-cant-my-lumia-535-connect-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,Im having a problem related my PC's Wifi connection. Im having this problem from last 1 month.Before a month connection problem was not there.  WiFi available option shows only when my PC is placed beside to the router. If the PC is far from router wifi gets disconnected.Not even any WiFi available in that area. This is not router or network providers error(as My phone gets connected to Wifi though it is very far from the router within it's range).Installed network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter.Please help me. 

A:PC WiFi gts connect only when it is nearer to router.

Hi @Hegde_Prahlad,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi connection. I will be glad to help you. The following pages are helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 10)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget a Network (Windows 10)Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an Ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/PC-WiFi-gts-connect-only-when-it-is-nearer-to-router/td-p/5543073
Relevancy 64.07%

For the last two months my wifi has been dropping randomly and picking back up after a few minutes I use laptop kindle fire ps blu ray player on router conflicting IPs Three days ago I reset my Linksys WRT N router and now cannot get any wifi connection at all only through ethernet no connected,but internet Wifi says connected directly into laptop I ve signed Wifi says connected,but no internet into Lynksys set up page created a domain name Host name and a passphrase I now see newly created network i enter passphrase and says connected but i cannot access the internet I have tried ip release and renew Wifi says connected,but no internet to no avail Also tried running as admin on command prompt and flushing and netsh reset winsock Ip config says media disconnected tunnel adapter local area connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ambie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ambie -pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ANM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca aa ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c df d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description isatap ANM Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EACDA- - E A-AE F- CFF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e f febf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f febf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ambie gt nbsp

A:Wifi says connected,but no internet

after a reset the default for the router would be 192.168.1.1
BUT
you are showing a default gateway connection on your ethernet of 192.168.1.254

Also the wireless adapter is a Atheros AR5007 and under vista , any change in routers or router settings can cause issues

can you explain what you are connected to using the ethernet cable ?

and you should update the wireless driver from the manufacturers website - if that does not work - then from Atheros site

whats the make and model of the PC ?

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007 Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
> Have Disk
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the zip folder and highlight the .inf file
you should see two files with .inf
Vista 32Bit AR5007 netathv.inf
Vista 64Bit AR5007 netathvx.inf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-says-connected-but-no-internet.1143757/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I
have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.
I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.
I reinstalled Wifi drivers.
I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.
I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a65b07b-a072-47cd-bf10-416200f92809/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

Can't get laptop to connect. I have a LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER. I have a laptop with LINKSYS adapter card. Can't connect to internet, keep geting message..
YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE ACESS POINT, BUT THE INTERNET CANNOT BE FOUND. I nosed around and discovered in the settings that it keeps saying..CANNOT OBTAIN IP ADDRESS, etc. and the boxes under TCP/IP CONFIG are empty?? Anyone care to take this one on?

Relevancy 64.07%

My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-Wifi-but-no-internet/td-p/5672747
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.I reinstalled Wifi drivers.I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b7f486d-e6b3-4610-8284-60ca6768eb16/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 64.07%

Recently upgraded my u530 from windows 8 to windows 10 and the internet is no longer working. i have tried everything on the windows website but i am very far anything knowledgable on computer

A:WiFi connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Community.
It looks as if there are some drivers for network on the Drivers and Software page for the U530 Ideapad (Touch). If that is your model, you could try installing those to see if it helps. Make sure you get the ones for Windows 10 when you search on that page.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-connected-but-no-internet/td-p/3330291
Relevancy 64.07%

on a dell studio with vista
Wifi signal strength is excellent
Internet explorer can't connect
I run the diagnostic option but don't understand the results

A:Connected to wifi but can't get to Internet

I'll try to help - please post the results here, cut & paste or a screen print, if not briefly what's it saying.

Vista up to date?

Is your internet cable or other, if so what and what speed if you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569369/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-to-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut but Internet no connected WIFI down and been giving connectivity issues since Currently I can connect to my WIFI router gain an IP address however I am getting no internet access I have a virtual machine running on the PC with windows XP and this machine does have full internet WIFI connected but no Internet access Problems and resolutions so far Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt I reinstalled Wifi drivers I ran the sfc and chkdisk commands Check disk resolved some issues Netsh winsock reset I did a traceroute and it hit my router after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping link to SPECCY http speccy piriform com results y pd e pGJbq X I'm lost now as everything seems WIFI connected but no Internet to be up just I am unable to browse Any tips would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400309-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey there This is my first post on this forum I hope that I can get some help here Anyways here is the issue that my roommates and I are experiencing with our internet Recently starting just a few weeks ago our internet began acting a bit strange for all of us We are able to constantly stay connected In our network preferences it says we are always connected to the internet with full bars For the most part we all have perfect to 24/7, wifi Connected and still out. internet in goes and fast internet connection but for some unknown reason every minutes or so sometimes shorter sometimes longer we won t be able to load anything on the internet from a range of about - minutes The strange thing is that even during these periods of time where we are unable to load anything as Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out. if we had no wifi connection all of our devices that we use the internet on said that we all still had a perfect connection Even if we are sitting right next to the router with our laptops this issue will still constantly reoccur as i described earlier What s even weirder is that sometimes things like video games on the pc that run in different clients not the internet browser will be able to maintain internet connection when playing online when the internet stops working for everything else That is definitely what confuses me the most How could a video game maintain internet connection for online play on the same wifi yet none of our other devices are able to load anything We won t even be able to use wifi on our phones during that - minute period but it still says on our phones that we are fully connected to our wifi during that time of us not being able to load anything We ve tried everything that we could think of to fix the issue but non of us are IT experts so that s why I decided to come here to ask for help We ve reset the router countless times moved the router to every other area of the house and even purchased a better router model to boost signal range by a good amount The new router got some of us faster connections but the issue still was not resolved Every minutes or so the internet still will always just stop working even though it says on all of our devices that we are maintaining a strong internet wifi connection I m just at a loss of ideas on what to do We called Comcast our internet provider and they said they ll have one of their people come and check it out but they can t come down until Friday I haven t always had the best results with Comcast employees either Is there any way that we could somehow fix this issue It s just the most frustrating thing and all of us are college students who are constantly using the internet for academics Please if there is any help or advice for us we d appreciate it so much Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out.

Try assigning a free public DNS server on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-24-7-internet-still-goes-in-and-out.1119204/
Relevancy 64.07%

OK im sure this is something silly and simple at least I hope it is I have a laptop with wireless I can search for wifi networks like the airport and starbuck find the list of networks available and hit connect and it says conected Then when I open up my Web Browser nothing Page cannot be displayed as tho i have no connection WIFI Internet no but ? to Connected I have tried it with a few different places like the public wifi places and still nothing and even on a private network in my friends house Im sure its a setting or something though I have the automatically detect settings selected in the internet options Its like the computer is connecting to the network but yet its realising that OH I should be using this connection for the Internet Connected to WIFI but no Internet ? Im pretty good at sorting out problems with PCs Windows thou I have no expierence of wireless networks so am totaly lost Hope this makes sense Thanks Paddy nbsp

A:Connected to WIFI but no Internet ?

When you seem to be connected, open a Command window and type
ipconfig /all

Does your wireless show "Yes" for "Dhcp Enabled" and for Autoconfiguration Enabled ? If not, you need to go into your TCP/IP properties and set to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

If your wireless is showing an IP of 169.254.x.y it did not successfully get an IP configuration from the router or server. Is there a chance that the wrong driver is installed--maybe one for the wrong region of the world (for example, US and Canada use channels 1-11 while most of Europe uses channels 1-13).

If not the above, post the ipconfig here. One way to do so is to type
ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt
This will put the results in the ipconfig text file on your hard drive; you can open it with notepad to copy and paste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-no-internet.438861/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am far from computer savvy, but I know basic things. Here is my issue...
My HP pavillion dv6000 (yes it's old, I know) wont allow me to use the Internet. It says I am connected to my home wifi with 5 bars signal strength. My iPad and Droid both connect to my wifi and I can use the Internet fine. I actually have 2 Hp pavillion dv6000 laptops, and neither will connect to the Internet! Up until today everything worked fine and all of a sudden I can't open the intent on either one! I called Hp and they were no help. I have read other posts about people having similar problems, and tried the solutions suggested but nothing has worked! I need my laptop only because my wonderful iPad can't do everything I wish it could.

Help!? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 64.07%

hi all just got a 2nd hand lappy same as my old one can connect to wifi but when i click to go on net will not have it thanks for help

A:connected to wifi but cant get on Internet

Welcome to BC benchwarmer . We need more information as to what computer model and message do you get when connecting online? Have you tried using both wired or wireless? Please run Minitoolbox from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and include List Installed Programs on your next reply. When running minitoolbox, make sure you have a status of either wired or wireless connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462138/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently switched internet service providers from AT&T to Time Warner and ever since I have been unable to connect to my Netgear router with my computer's wifi. However, I have successfully connected my TV wirelessly to said router. One other note, my computer's wifi seems to recognize that the netgear router is there but it just refuses to connect me to the internet. Please help me rectify the issue, much appreciated!

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there

At home we have 2 routers, our flat is big so in ourder to get better signals I use second wifi router connected directly to 1. So we can use No1 but not able to use second router. Problems is No 2 router shows that it has network from N1 but doesnt send SSID. So all laptops in flat can't detect second Wif router. I disconnected both, waited for 1 min, plugged everythin then connected but same no SSDI is sent by router 2, what could be a problem?

A:Solved: Problem to connect to my wifi router

Hi koshak1981, and welcome to TSG.

Have you confirmed that WiFi is enabled on the second router and on a different channel that the first router and different channel from any channel that may be used by nearby neighbors with routers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-to-connect-to-my-wifi-router.1021620/
Relevancy 63.64%

I router's Solved: not Can gateway wifi connect have a modem and a wifi router i connect to internet by usb port from modem and the ethernet port i connect to the wifi router Modem address is Router addrss is I can login to the modem s gateway but can not login to router s the page keeps connecting Here is my Run cmd ipconfig all I did try to Solved: Can not connect wifi router's gateway change to default gateway of the local connection which i am using but it s not working C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TRENDCHIP USB ADSL Modem Physical Address - - -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a c c b c ef Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday September AM Lease Expires Sunday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-CC- - - D- -C - F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - D- -C - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Hope you guys can help me fix it thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have been relatively happy with my Yoga but I have run into an odd situation and would appreciate any help Specifically my device functions well with my home router but if I move to an area of the to 900: re-connect home WiFi router Yoga cannot house where the WiFi signal is weak and I get disconnected from the router I seem to be Yoga 900: WiFi cannot re-connect to home router unable to re-connect to the router when I then move back to an area of the house with a strong signal I tried turning off the WiFi and turning it back on but it still will not connect It seems the only way I can get back online is to reboot Is there a solution to this For what it's worth I do have the default driver installed Intel Dual Band Wireless AC and saw a post somewhere suggesting going to the Intel site for their driver I am not someone who enjoys tweaking settings so hopefully there is a simple step I am missing Thanks so much to anyone who has time and willingness to offer a suggestion

A:Yoga 900: WiFi cannot re-connect to home router

Hmm, my unit doesn't have that issue. Try reinstalling the Intel wireless driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/D...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-WiFi-cannot-re-connect-to-home-router/td-p/3308989
Relevancy 63.64%

This morning I tried connecting to wifi to WiFi suddenly unable ok router connect, but it wouldn't connect WiFi suddenly unable to connect, router ok saying that there was quot no internet connection quot it was working fine yesterday evening I restarted the modem router and verified that it was working with other devices I've tried disabling amp re-enabling the wifi adapter double checked that the wifi button was toggled on ipconfig release amp renew and a few other things but nothing has fixed the problem At this point if I restart my computer I can connect to my router for a brief period lt minute before the connection terminates and won't connect again The wifi tray icon has a yellow circle on it and I can see the available networks but I can't connect to them If I try the windows troubleshooter it will say either to check the router amp or that the LAN is disabled Running ipconfig -all shows that the media state is disconnected even though it looks to be on enabled through device manager the control panel network adapter page and the keyboard wifi button is on How can I figure out where the problem is It isn't the router since it works with other devices but it doesn't entirely seem to be the network card either since it can still see the available networks but just can't connect to them Does anyone have any idea of what to do NIC Broadcom b g n driver version

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385985-wifi-suddenly-unable-connect-router-ok.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I set up a wireless bridge with my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND to get better signal in my flat. (landlord provides internet via wifi AP but I have bad reception, therefore the wireless bridge) I works flawlessly. I can connect my android phone and my PC to it. Recently I tried to connect with a HP Stream 11 (Realtek RTL8723BE) to my TP-Link and it refuses to connect. Password is correct. If I connect to landlords AP directly it works and I am able to ping my TP-Link but I cannot access its web interface either. The HP Stream 11 uses Win 8.1 but this shouldnt matter afaik since my TP-Link acts as an AP.
I have no idea what could be going wrong. Any ideas???

Cheers,
Chris

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399726-one-device-refuses-connect-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve had this new laptop for about two weeks now and I originally was able to connect to my wifi and stay connected With no changes to the router or laptop it s still in default factory settings DB Router wirelessly connect/stay N750 connected can't New laptop Asus to Belkin my wireless connection has been disconnecting for about three days and I am unable to connect back I get Microsoft s default quot Can t connect to this network quot message When I connect my laptop to the router via New Asus laptop can't connect/stay wirelessly connected to Belkin N750 DB Router an ethernet cable I am able to access the internet In order to connect back to the internet wirelessly I have to reset my router and my laptop will connect only to disconnect half an hour to an hour later All my other wifi devices connect fine including an older model Asus laptop I ve tried connecting to wifi at other people s houses and public wifi hotspots and they all work fine As soon as I come home though connection is out again Laptop ASUS X JK Windows x Broadcom n network adapter with latest drivers Laptop AV Bitdefender Total Security Router Belkin N DB Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hnet Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - -B - A-CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - -B - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix HNet Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - -B - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix HNet Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - C- A- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a f c c b cf b Preferred Temporary IPv Address e a a bd e d e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe a f c c b cf b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday December PM Lease Expires Saturday January AM Default Gateway fe a bff fe f b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-D - - - - C- A- - - DNS Servers e a bff fe f b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List hnet Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f f e b dd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c f f e b dd Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-D - - - - C- A- - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap HNet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix HNet Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests found this on another thread involving an issue similar to mine Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michelle gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michelle gt Ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michelle gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply fr... Read more

A:New Asus laptop can't connect/stay wirelessly connected to Belkin N750 DB Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-laptop-cant-connect-stay-wirelessly-connected-to-belkin-n750-db-router.1139441/
Relevancy 63.21%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-1117186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

There was a lot of no internet but Wifi-Connected Solved: great help with my last issue here It seems Windstream solves one problem and two more appear After a two day outage at the beginning of the week I was restored and thought all was well My desktop is Solved: Wifi-Connected but no internet wired and Solved: Wifi-Connected but no internet was finally working well My wife came home from work and couldn t get online Her desktop is wireless I monkeyed around trying to reinstall the network adapter and a bunch of things The error was quot Connected-no internet access quot It also affected my tablet and wifi enabled phone from Republic wireless I was able to get the desktop working by changing the TCP IP settings but the phone and tablet won t work and I can t figure out how to configure these settings on them I have an Asus Android tablet and a Motorola Defy phone The phone is more critical of the two The message on my phone is quot Wifi calling disabled-click to configure quot I have entered the password several times but I can t figure out how to change the real settings like I did on the desktop It turns out my Wifi printer doesn t work either Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Latitude 520 with a netgear wireless router. I am showing a very good signal and that I am connected yet I can not use the internet.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys, I have this problem that's been giving me a headache these days... I have a Dell XPS L502x with Intel centrino n6230 in tow.
Well, the laptop was working fine and all but started to have this weird connection drops in my work now and then, I blamed the router. Then it started loosing connection in my home too, it shows that the WiFi is connected and when I hover over the WiFi icon it says "internet access" but whenever I tried to access a webpage it won't connect... I blamed the network adapter and tried reinstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing settings but none of it worked.
It literally is driving me crazy, but before I refresh the system I wanted to see if you guys can help me out!
Thanks in advance

A:HELP! WiFi connected but cannot access internet!

If you really do have internet access you should be able to ping a DNS server located somewhere outside your network. open a command prompt, Start > run > enter "cmd" and hit enter. type in "ping 8.8.8.8" if you get a response in replies you know that its technically working and connected to the internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62642-help-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
Here and about a month i have a problem with my internet connection.I use a modem with wifi support and all this years(2) my hp 620 laptop with windows 7 home premium x64 connect successfully , but now after a couple of minutes my network(wifi) icon shows me that i'm fine connected in the internet but when i'm trying to go for example to google with deferrent browsers(Mozilla,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera) it just not connecting.
I'vw try many fixes(install,reinstall driver , even i called tech support for my modem and they do not do anything).What can i do?
Sorry for my bad english,i'm from Greece and i'm still practising XD

A:Wifi Connected but cannot access in Internet

Need more info:

> What is the model of the modem?
> If it is a driver issue it should show up in device manager with a "yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark" - is this what you have?
> Have you installed any new hardware or driver related software around the time the problem occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302338-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey folks!

I have tried W7 for about a week now, and I love it! I have one problem though; Windows connects to my wireless router at startup, but I have to wait 2-5 minutes before I can access the internet, Spotify and e.g. Live Messenger.

Programs like for example Windows Update and F-Secure downloads updates and stuff, but I can't surf on the internet or log on to Spotify.

There seems to be some kind of delay..

Any ideas?

A:WiFi connected, but no internet (delay)

same issue for me, once connected, it seems that Ie for example cannot have access for some time to the TCP-IP stack

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2934-wifi-connected-but-no-internet-delay.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I have an Asus U JG with WIndows -bit This laptop is a month old to me and the wireless has been acting up since the day I got it will explain below I believe my home network is the problem I have a Linksys WRT G with WPA Personal encryption Multiple times a day my internet quits working Not Does Connected Internet but Stays WiFi even though Windows says it has full connection to my router To fix this I open command prompt and use quot ipconfig release quot WiFi Stays Connected but Internet Does Not and quot ipconfig renew quot This fixes the problem for me it may be a minute or a few hours The problem is very intermittent and only happens at my home which is why I believe it is my network However I changed the wireless channel to the only one around on that channel and tried different security settings My WiFi works flawlessly if I take my laptop to my friends house where he has a Netgear router I have also tried a brand new Cisco Router as well as a Netgear router at my house I ve re installed the driver twice and the same problem persists in Linux only I just have to disable enable wireless Does anyone have any ideas before I send this thing back to Asus Note When the internet quits working on my laptop it works on other devices so it is not the internet connection causing this And my internet is very slow when it is working on my laptop via wireless -Mooney nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

After installing Windows 10 today my WiFi will not connect. I have installed (Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adaptor) sp71571 and when i connect wifi it will say no internet secured plzzz suggest me how to fix this problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connected-but-say-no-internet-secured/td-p/5697957
Relevancy 63.21%

it is blocked

and welcome to the Forum

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

and press enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

it is blocked

and welcome to the Forum

First:

Then:

and press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 63.21%

One day suddenly when I tried to connect to the internet to the same wifi hotspot which I generally use. The internet didn't work. Since then my laptop is connected tothe network but internet doesn't work.

ACER Windows 8.0
I obliged if anyone could help me.

Thanks

A:WiFi is connected but internet is not working

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-internet-is-not-working.1158701/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:[Windows 8] WIFI connected but no internet

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.1077053/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 2 PCs and 1 Xbox 360 connected to my router most of the time. 1 PC is wired and the rest are wireless. My router is a Netgear Rangemax WPN824v3.

My problem is that sometime, randomly, the internet will quit working through wireless, but work fine with wired. I will still be connected to wireless, but all internet access will just stop. Leading to me having to power cycle it just to access the internet again.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Relevancy 63.21%

Using inspiron 5200 with windows 8, internet is showing that it is connected on the taskbar, is sending/receiving information. Browser is not working. Was working fine until I connected directly to the modem instead of wireless, now cannot access internet using any browser. When I open windows mobility center the icon for wireless network is missing. Any help?

A:Cant browse internet using wifi even though connected

Was it working when wired and now not working wireless? Or not working either way?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24871-cant-browse-internet-using-wifi-even-though-connected.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Can you connect by ethernet?

Why can't you uninstall McAfee? Did it get all tangled up with Norton? Tried the McAfee Removal Tool?

If/when you need to uninstall Norton Symantec has the Norton Removal Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access.1077047/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,
Recently I discovered I had Adpeakproxy exe virus on my Pc, so I went to malwaretips.com to learn how to exterminate it. I ddownloaded adwcleaner and ran it. Afterwards, my internet stop working even though my wifi is connected and stated I have internet access.
After I was "block" from my internet, I went to my programs to see if I had any other virus. i found I had Scorpion icon on my programs which I never seen before. i checked and found it was a malware. I proceedes to delete and elimate it using bleepingcomputer guide. Afterward I check my pc and the internet still doesnt work even though im connect and have internet access. Now Im really frustated.
Please help very much.

A:I can't access my internet even though my wifi is connected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518889 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518889/i-cant-access-my-internet-even-though-my-wifi-is-connected/