Windows Support Forum

windows vista mail/live mail

Q: windows vista mail/live mail

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit and recently, whenever I send/receive emails from windows mail, I get an error message. Microsoft suggested I try Live Mail instead (naturally) and the same thing happens:

The connection to the server has failed.
Subject ''
Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

I tried enabling windows firewall and disabling Norton firewall/email scanning with no results. I have another computer with vista whose mail was working fine... until about a day or so later, then I started getting the same thing. This has happened before, but had resolved itself (how, I don't know).

Wassup?!?!?

UPDATE 11/6/09: I contacted my server provider and they suggested to change my outgoing smtp port (in my case from 25 to 80, but I think different services are, well... different). That's in Tools> Accounts> Properties> Advanced. This did the trick!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows vista mail/live mail

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows vista mail/live mail

Try uninstalling the email account and then reinstalling it. Sometimes the incoming and outgoing servers can get corrupted. Usally if there is no patch for it a quick uninstall and reinstall of email acount will fix it.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/258711-windows-vista-mail-live-mail.html
Relevancy 104.06%

MS and their mail systems are giving me grief I have a Vista PC using quot Windows Mail quot and want to transfer email folders lots and messages to Windows using Windows Live Mail Note Windows Mail Troubles Vista Live Win7 Solved: transferring to Mail 2011 Windows Windows Mail was a replacement for Outlook express on Vista Windows Live Solved: Troubles transferring Windows Mail Vista to Win7 Windows Live Mail 2011 Mail is a replacement for Windows Mail on Windows I tried a couple of things Basic Export and ImportI exported relavent files Account info Contacts and all the messages to a folder in Windows Mail format on old computer and used the old quot Addias quot transfer - copied folder to stick and RAN it over to the new computer - Imported using the Windows Mail format the Account info successfully - imported the Contact info successfully - Import Messages - appeared at first to be successful Issue Message folders appear to be renamed and some folder names have been truncated not all folders appear to be there Looks like quot long Name folders greater that characters get truncated So Tried the quot Easy transfer mechanism Vista and Win transfer utility - but couldn t get the new computer to Solved: Troubles transferring Windows Mail Vista to Win7 Windows Live Mail 2011 see the Vista even though I could see them on the network I thought that this would transfer the folder names correctly I m about to try a time consuming effort of coping folder by folder export Import What I am more concerned about is that the individaul messages may have the same issue Ie not all coming accross and subject names being lost Looking for alternative or third party transfer solutions Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Troubles transferring Windows Mail Vista to Win7 Windows Live Mail 2011

I get a little nauseous just thinking about Windows Live Mail 2011, much less expending effort to use it, but I would try installing it on the Vista and see if it has the option right up front of importing stuff from Windows Mail. If it does, and happens to work correctly, then all you would have to do is find its files and copy them over.

By the way, are you putting on airs with "Addias" transfer? We plebeians just used "sneaker net."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-troubles-transferring-windows-mail-vista-to-win7-windows-live-mail-2011.992855/
Relevancy 95.89%

Looking for anyone out there in the virtual world that knows how to put my old e-mail folders and messages into the windows live mail. My old laptop AC port stop working.....so took info off of old hard drive to external hard drive to new computer but can't seem to put all e-mail folders and messages into new computer. They are both windows 7 operating systems. Also have a vista laptop and can't seem to put it in there either.
All help appreciation and thanks in advance!
Christine

A:transferring e-mail messages and folders from windows mail to windows live mail

Create a folder on your Desktop. Drag the Windows Mail messages into the folder. Now drag the messages in the folder to Windows Live Mail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/transferring-e-mail-messages-and-folders-from-windows-mail-to-windows-live-mail-583847.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Microsoft is quot upgrading quot people s nbsp outlook com hotmail com live com nbsp and msn com accounts to a new Outlook com built upon nbsp the latest Office infrastructure which is INcompatible nbsp with Live Mail and presumably older versions e-mail 2012 Windows stop Mail Live of Microsoft-based to support as well nbsp Effective late June Windows Live Mail will no longer synchronize emails contacts and calendar events from these email accounts Windows Live Mail 2012 to stop support of Microsoft-based e-mail People who use Windows Live Mail to connect to other email services including Gmail Yahoo Mail or other services that use POP or IMAP protocols do not need to take action nbsp Is this another veiled attempt to force users to quot upgrade quot from Windows Users can still access their e-mail via their web browser s nbsp nbsp Or they can use the new Outlook com nbsp and or a Mail nbsp app on Windows nbsp https blogs office com using-windows-live-mail- -with-outlook-com-time-to-update-your-email-application https support office Windows Live Mail 2012 to stop support of Microsoft-based e-mail com en-us article Windows-Live-Mail- -will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com- b - b- bbb- ca-f ec f e fd

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19963174
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an Windows (Vista) notebook with outlook 2007, and now I have an new notebook with Windows 8.1. Where I want to export my mail & contact to Windows live mail, how can I import this in WLM on my other notebook?

I already have configure my mail on WLM where I can receive and send messages. I tried something with the program Mailstore 8 but my mail is now on another computer.

I also find this link: how to export mail,calendar contact in outlook to windows live mail clientWith the "Outlook Conversion Application" solution but is this possible on different computers and has WLM an import function?

A:Export mail and contacts from Outlook 2007 to Windows live mail 2012?

Don I might be way off track here mate but was the Outlook account the same email address as you have set up in WLM?

Just a thought you might try adding an account to WLM using the old address and password. I did this with my old account from my service provider then went to a Hotmail account.
Now admittedly it was still within WLM but worth a try.

What I will do is try and add my work account (Outlook) to my WLM and see if it works.

PS It added the account but I have to get the POP and STMP settings right first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/344098-export-mail-contacts-outlook-2007-windows-live-mail-2012-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Our Windows Live Mail accounts receive blank messages when someone sends a calendar appointment request from an Outlook account. The same message arrives correctly in a gmail account or in my Outlook account at work. Is this a Live Mail Configuration issue?

A:Windows Live Mail not receiving calendar info from Outlook mail

Hi adfrench, welcome to Seven Forums.

You must sign-in to WLM with the same Outlook.com account your using for the calendar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352245-windows-live-mail-not-receiving-calendar-info-outlook-mail.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,
I want to set Windows Live Mail as a default mail client. I know this can be done manually. But how can I do this in automated way, or is there any registry setting by which i can do that.
Thanks

Abhishek

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/affbbf51-5db9-4f1e-bc46-afbb63c4895d/how-to-set-windows-live-mail-as-a-default-mail-client-using-command-prompt?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have several mail accounts I have now created HTML mail signatures incl a logo and attached them to different mail accounts Problem If I create a new email then no matter what mail accounts is set it will always put in the default mail signature So I looked in forums and removed the auto insert signature in all emails as someone suggested BUT Problem If I create a new email I have to insert it manually myself work Mail Live doesnt in client signatures Windows Mail When I do it here the insert menu has the choice of signatures Problem If I insert the one with the image the image is not shown only the object frame And there is no image in the final email in the receivers inbox When I do it here the insert menu has the choice of signatures ONLY if I REPLY on Mail signatures doesnt work in Windows Live Mail client an already received email and then click insert mail signature THEN the mail signature comes correct with the image Here the insert Mail signatures doesnt work in Windows Live Mail client menu only has signature the one attached to the mail account Has anyone found the reason and solution for this MICROSOFT PS its on Windows

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/302116-mail-signatures-doesnt-work-windows-live-mail-client.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I have been using WLM for some years Yesterday it stopped sending emails and now just leaves them in the Outbox Here is most of what appears in the error box The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address The sender's email address was 'xxxx yyyy com' Subject 'Newsflash' Server Error Server Response Sorry send error no Can e-mail 0x800ccc78 Windows Mail, with longer Live over your daily relay limit Server 'smtpout secureserver net' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No I don't send many emails and don't send emails with large attachments so I don't know why the quot over your daily relay limit quot message appears Port has worked for a long time and works sends emails from the other computers on the network so it doesn't seem like I should need to select a different port number The quot My server requires authentication quot box is selected ticked None of the settings have been changed for a long time Our ISP is GoDaddy Thanks for any advice

A:Can no longer send e-mail with Windows Live Mail, error 0x800ccc78

have you changed your isp ?
what firewall and AV are you using ?

have you tried running through all your settings from the godaddy setup page .........

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/260446-can-no-longer-send-e-mail-windows-live-mail-error-0x800ccc78.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Please need to solve at this time the following and believe I need the server settings and other info I am a dunce with Windows and it never did play well with Comcast just that with XP I could fumble it into place myself Now the Comcast techs are lost or just do not want to help me reconfigure Live settings Windows needed server Mail/Comcast/mail it into Windows Live Mail as the whole problem was created by their instructions on how to set up pay on line Incredible hmm Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed The connection to the server has failed Subject Re Find your true friend Server smtp comcast net Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC E Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail Napolina account The host comcast net could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Server comcast net Windows Live Mail Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed Error ID x CCC D Protocol POP Port Secure SSL Yes Socket Error Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast TanToes account Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed The host could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Server Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC D Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

I can receive mail and send mail but the target does not receive it, I get no error message but my sent box says it was sent, this has been going on now for about at least three weeks, I have sent mail out of roadrunner direct with no problem, I have been using this program for about three years with no problem, tec.service at roadrunner say's no problem at there end all boxes are set correctly, I have been running 2 e-mail accounts for about 2 years no problem both accounts having same problem with sending, windows tec. was no help on their 800 # other to tell me that they did not up grade windows live mail.

any one else having this particular problem? I am here to listen, bill j

A:windows 7 32bit live mail with time warner wi rr/ sending e-mail

try to send one to yourself and see if it goes and comes back.
Also you can try a repair of WLM
to do this go to program and features in control panel
Double click Windows Live Essentials
It will give you an option to repair besides uninstall
pick the repair one
once it is done send the email again to yourself first to see if it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/280885-windows-7-32bit-live-mail-time-warner-wi-rr-sending-e-mail.html
Relevancy 91.59%

In recent days I was asked by ATT.net Yahoo to change my password and did. Windows Live Mail will not allow a password (anything..?) change... and simply reverts to what was. I need to correct the password each time it opens and am able to receive receive mail, but.. WLM will not change...???

A:Windows Live Mail password request to recieve my ATT/Yahoo mail

See if this link will help

Windows Live Mail 2011 - Changing Your Saved Email Password

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/298205-windows-live-mail-password-request-recieve-my-att-yahoo-mail.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Okay so a few years back I quot upgraded quot to Live Lost? the Are Windows Client Mail E-mail Files - Windows Live Mail because support for Outlook Express was gone by Windows Live Mail E-mail Client - Are the Files Lost? the wayside This was using Windows XP and I still have the original hard drive amp access to all of its files In making the transition at the time I backed up my active Outlook Express files to import into WLM should something go wrong with the native importing or should the process erase the original files or some other ridiculousness What I didn t do was make copies of my old archived email When the application turned out to be a huge mistake I learned that the files from Outlook Express had been taken over by WLM and were no longer accessible from OE I attempted to transition the archived E-mail from WLM to another client No luck Also attempting to find out from someone where the files from Windows Live Mail resided or what format they were in at the time resulted in absolutely no luck either It s years later and I still find use a couple times a month for the information I d had archived there Is there anyone here who can help me Or is this an absolutely lost cause Sincerely frustrated BGPhilbin nbsp

A:Windows Live Mail E-mail Client - Are the Files Lost?

So you've now lost access to all files, as you don't know where WLM stores them?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...es-saved/63217c8f-d773-4826-ab92-7f9189ef2870

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-mail-e-mail-client-are-the-files-lost.203937/
Relevancy 91.16%

I upgraded to Windows Live Mail and now am unable to view my previous e-mails in my hot mail account that i have had for years. How do i retrieve these e-mails that i believe are still on the server?
Thanks all,
Mike

A:Downloaded Windows Mail Live - Lost All E-Mails In Hot Mail

Open live mail,click tools and click syncronize all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-windows-mail-live-lost-all-e-mails-in-hot-mail.741032/
Relevancy 91.16%

i have windows 7 and recently began using the upgraded windows live mail 2011 - after a hard drive crash i had to reinstall everything - however i haven't been able to transfer all of my e-mails over from my backup computer or external hard drive - after waiting a few hours it comes back and asks me if i want to copy all files without their properties which effectively means i cannot transfer those e-mails with the contents - can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

A:windows live mail 2011 - e-mail properties won't transfer

What email program is on your old machine?

If you're going to be trying stuff to get your old mail on your new Win7, be sure to make a backup of all your old mail folders before you do, and put the backup file where you'll know where it is. Probably on your old machine desktop, wouldn't hurt to put another copy on your Win7 desktop as well. Loss hurts!

Questions... are you able to do an "Import" from X, (X being the location of your old (or previous) emails?

Are you able to do an "Export" of the same emails to a file?

Does Windows Live Mail 2011 have the option to "Import emails From" or "Export" to?

One thing you can do is: make a COPY of your old "Inbox" folder and place it, (the "COPY"), on your current Win 7 desktop. Have Windows Live Mail copy it from there. If when you do, it does not then contain items such as "attachments, etc., you could simply delete all the emails in it and try something else. Your original (old emails) are still where they always were, on your other machine or external drive.

My machine is a dual/boot Windows Vista & Windows7. For email I use Windows Mail on both. I know it is oft said that Windows Mail won't work on Win7, trust me it works just fine. The transfer of all my email folders from Vista to Win7 was a painless, simple, walk in the park. Everything transferred, folders and all, nothing was lost.

I'm not into Windows Live essential anything, mail included, and that's why I installed Windows Mail on Win7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-2011-e-mail-properties-wont-transfer-531471.html
Relevancy 91.16%

It has always been my belief that those who use Windows Mail or Windows Live mail and have it set to show the preview pane, will allow a potential virus to spread .Once you download and have it in the preview pane, it is the same as opening the email. Until I find out that this is not true, I have eliminated the preview pane, which can be done from the View Tab.

A:Window Live Mail Windows Mail and Similar Clients

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

It has always been my belief that those who use Windows Mail or Windows Live mail and have it set to show the preview pane, will allow a potential virus to spread .Once you download and have it in the preview pane, it is the same as opening the email. Until I find out that this is not true, I have eliminated the preview pane, which can be done from the View Tab.

I have done the same thing in Windows Live Mail, although mainly just because I find it annoying. If I need to read the email, I'll open it, I don't need it on display while I'm sorting old messages.

I'm pretty sure that you're right about viruses being able to spread through the preview pane. But doesn't Outlook also have this "feature"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/93026-window-live-mail-windows-mail-similar-clients.html
Relevancy 91.16%

clearlyclueless said I to contacts Mail from Live Hotmail Export E-mail Windows m trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail I ve converted them all to a csv file kb When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred not the e-mail addresses Any ideas Thanks Click to expand This thread was previously closed due to lack of answers however I found a solution When importing a csv file into Hotmail the email address field is expected as quot E-mail Address quot however in the csv file created by Windows Live Mail the email address field is quot Email Address quot Note the missing hyphen This means that the email address is not transferred over to Hotmail The solution is to edit the csv file using Notepad - simply add the hyphen to the top line of the csv file save the file and import it into Hotmail If you have the Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail same problem with other fields a useful test to see what field names Hotmail expects is to export a contact from Hotmail and then inspect the csv file which is created using Notepad nbsp

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Thanks for that, but tips and fixes not in reponse to any specific member should be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/25-tech-tips-tricks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1052247/
Relevancy 91.16%

I am trying to get all my yahoo and gmail messgaes to come to me through windows Live Mail, Gmail it is working fine, but for yahoo it is not it says Server Error 0x800CCC90, is there a possible fix for this

A:Windows Live Mail saying my password for Yahoo Mail is incorrect

Techtitan100, try logging on to yahoo mail directly, your password might have changed. Also check the settings to make sure that the pop connections are ok.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295206-windows-live-mail-saying-my-password-yahoo-mail-incorrect.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi, I just set up Windows Live Mail and am receiving this error when I attmept to send mail via GMail's IMAP service. All settings are correct according to GMail's instructions for IMAP use with Windows Mail. Here is a copy of Windows Live Mail's error message with the recipient changed to hide the personal ID of the original sender/designated recipient:

An unknown error has occurred.
Subject 'Re: An email from {blank}
Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

A:Windows Live Mail Outgoing / Send Mail Error

Go to the website of your ISP, they will show you how to set um WLM. Use their setting for sending. You can use the name of your Gmail account to show as the "send to" for replies.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/280772-windows-live-mail-outgoing-send-mail-error.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Dear Team I am Gyan And i am using windows live mail 2012 and in this application i have face some technical issue like --- Suppose i received a mail from [email protected] like below content
subject:- test mail
compose message:-  happy new year
if i forward this message to [email protected] then compose message not show in live mail receiver can not see my message in received mail. only signature he can see but they do not see my message that was i forward to him. And if i check same message on web
server like gmail then receiver can see the message so please suggest that where is block my message when i download the message.

Thanks Gyan Singh

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8cec4a2-8292-445d-aba7-d41d27d0cd11/forward-mail-content-not-show-in-windows-live-mail?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 91.16%

Windows Live Mail 2011 - recipients not receiving mail
About 10% of my e-mail recipients are not receiving my e-mail and I do not receive non-delivery notices. Makes no difference if I select their address from my e-mail list or select respond to one of their incoming messages. This problem has plagued me for many months. I changed from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail 2011 with no results.

Computer is HP Model m9517c, AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core processor, Vista 64 bit operating system with Service Pack 2, 8 GB RAM. Am using Windows Live Mail 2011 with Comcast Internet Service.

The people not receiving my e-mail are using Verizon, Earthlink and probably others. Two of my Verizon accounts changed over to gmail and email went through.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A:Windows Live Mail 2011 - recipients not receiving mail

Welcome
Of course, I cannot offer a definitive answer, but merely give the most like first.
Lets say you are sending from Verizon.com and you send to Yahoo.com Yahoo may have been receiving a lot of spam from Verizon and do not allow their email. Tell your friends to put you on the safe list and see if that helps.
Another possibility, is that you may have someone else's address. It may be very close to a correct address with only a small difference. YOu would not get an non delivered notice.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295327-windows-live-mail-2011-recipients-not-receiving-mail.html
Relevancy 91.16%

After installing SP on my Vista Business OS laptop I could no longer send and receive all my mail in Windows Mail I had my BT Yahoo mail account set up to deliver all my mail to my POP inbox This included mail from other servers which could then be accessed through my Mail Inbox Several of the email addresses are used for a web page that I maintain on an Apache server and cannot be accessed in any other manner The other server that had mail forwarded to my Inbox can be accessed with HTTP and is not so important yet still irritating Microsoft's answer to problems Windows Live will forwarded accounts mail any access not Mail with the now unsupported apparently Windows Mail that all Vista users have paid for Windows Live Mail will not access any forwarded mail accounts seems to be exclusively to tell everyone to move to using Windows Live Mail So I downloaded it most reluctantly And it also does not work with these forwarded mail addresses Just keep getting asked for a password over and over I can go to the BT Yahoo server and send mail there out of these external addresses but it is Windows Live Mail will not access any forwarded mail accounts not possible to receive mail So is that it Microsoft Can I no longer access these accounts at all I would change to using Mozilla Thunderbird but it has no facility for importing my huge store of Windows Mail Messages Any suggestions anybody I have spent many hours on this and it is driving me demented All real help would be most appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/software/238778-windows-live-mail-will-not-access-any-forwarded-mail-accounts.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail. I've converted them all to a csv file (5.65kb). When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred.....not the e-mail addresses. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Windows Live Mail is Hotmail, with a new look. So I am confused as to what you are trying to do.
It sounds like you created a whole new name for Windows Live Mail... you didn't need to do that.

If you just open Windows Live Mail and logon as the HotMail name you will see all of the contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1043966/
Relevancy 91.16%

i send all my emails from the folder by right clicking and send to, mail recipient, but since installing windows 7 and windows live mail, when i do so the new message does not come to the front of the screen instead i have to go click on it in the start bar.... any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-send-to-mail-reciepient-window-not-on-top-443302.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have used the same email programme on this computer for 2 years with no problems. For the last week or so my emails have taken forever to download, half and hour or more.

There is plenty of capacity on my webmail account which is where messages are downloaded from, and according to the little information box WLW is 'aware' of the messages to be downloaded, and list 'downloading 17 messages' or whatever number; no error message appears, it just takes a-g-e-s. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Please no suggestions to download some other better mail programme - I'm happy with this one when it is working!

Many thanks

A:Windows Live Mail suddenly downloading mail very slowly

I would first try the simple thing of resetting(power cycle) your network equipment. Unplug the power cord(s) to both the modem and router or just the one cord if its a combo modem/router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try this out and see what happens. If it doesnt resolve the issue post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/348856-windows-live-mail-suddenly-downloading-mail-very-slowly.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I would like to use Word 2007 Mail Merge to compose and send email messages. My email client is Windows Live Mail. I do not have Outlook. I do not need to access my WLM Contacts list. The email addresses I want to send messages to are in a column of the Word table that I am using as the Mail Merge data source. I have gone through all of the steps of a Mail Merge, including writing the email message, inserting data fields into it, and selecting recipients. The last step is to finish, merge, and send messages. I click on that step and nothing happens - no error message appears but no messages are sent. Any advice? It's possible this can't be done, but I am hoping it can.

--Jim--

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-and-word-2007-mail-merge-445028.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi

Our old XP machine harddrive has just died! This has OE6 on it... I'm now on a Win7 PC with Windows Live Mail... I am trying to find an import option to bring in all my old backed-up folders in the dbx format without any luck.

Any suggestions? I did try Thunderbird then gave up!!

A:Importing Outlook Express mail into Windows Live Mail

I did it a long time ago and cannot recall my method.

If you pound google, you will find numerous methods. If one doesn't work, move on to the next. I do recall that it is a hit and miss affair, so be prepared to experiment.

Primary advice: be sure you have multiple copies of your DBX folders and keep one copy of each folder safe and unaltered. Try the various methods you discover on a copy of the DBX folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/197967-importing-outlook-express-mail-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I recently did a re-format and re-install. I did the full update route before I installed any other software. When I installed Windows Live Mail I rec'd the following error message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (johnkeylor) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820"

I have checked every parameter I can think of bit can't seem to get a handle on this issue. I CAN log into Live mail via IE Hotmail tab with no problem... any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-vista-64-sp1.724785/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have never seen this before,

If i send an e-mail using windows live mail, it appears to display in my unread messages section, i mean if i sent the mail originally obviously i read it as i typed it.....!

anyone else had this strange phenomenon?

i`m sure it never used to do this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-unread-messages-sent-mail.739686/
Relevancy 90.3%

I'm running Windows Seven Ultimate on a AMD Athlon 2700 machine at 32 bit. I now have had two junk emails that I cannot delete. I get an error message saying an unknown error has occurred. I tried moving the email to the inbox, but it would not do it. I also went on my server, which is Comcast and these two emails are not there. I'm perplexed.

Can anyone help?

Flans15

A:Windows Live Mail can't delet junk mail

Hiya, welcome

Try turning off your anti-virus email scanner an see if it works then, Unknown Errors are usually cause by interference from your anti-virus email scanner.
before doing so though, wait for confirmation from someone more experienced than me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/56406-windows-live-mail-cant-delet-junk-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi all This is quite a complex operation and MS doesn't actually explain how to do it so here goes The trick is to get your email messages into Outlook Express OE on XP or Windows Mail on Vista before you can import into Windows Live mail Then the import can be done directly There isn't any way currently to import mail directly from Outlook to Windows Live Mail so you have to do it indirectly BEFORE installing Importing to Mail Live from Windows Outlook mail Windows even if you don't use Outlook Express XP or Windows Mail VISTA you need to have them running on the same machine as your copy of OUTLOOK create if you haven't already email accounts in OE or Windows mail identical to those you have in Outlook Now import your messages from Outlook into OE or Windows Mail Change the Store Identity in OE or Windows mail to a disk that your W can read do this under Maintenance - data storage locations in OE or Windows Mail Doing this saves you having to install Live Mail on Vista or XP Logon to your W system and install Windows Live mail Set up your email accounts File gt import gt messages Chose Outlook express or Windows mail depending on step Browse to the directory where you stored the messages in step Job done A bit fiddly but obviously MS don't want to make it easy for people to switch from Outlook Note also the quot Send and Receive quot function is calles quot SYNC quot in Windows Live mail -- confusing but there it is If you also installed Windows Messenger you can prevent it from starting automatically at startup by going to the Orb gt acessories gt run type msconfig and unclick windows messenger in the Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail start up box There doesn't appear to be ANY method of importing mail directly from Outlook Cheers jimbo

A:Importing mail from Outlook to Windows Live Mail

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi all
This is quite a complex operation and MS doesn't actually explain how to do it so here goes.

The trick is to get your email messages into Outlook Express (OE on XP) or Windows Mail (on Vista) before you can import into Windows Live mail. Then the import can be done directly.

There isn't any way currently to import mail directly from Outlook to Windows Live Mail so you have to do it indirectly BEFORE installing Windows 7.

1) even if you don't use Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (VISTA) you need to have them running on the same machine as your copy of OUTLOOK.

2) create (if you haven't already) email accounts in OE or Windows mail identical to those you have in Outlook.

3) Now import your messages from Outlook into OE or Windows Mail.

4) Change the Store Identity in OE or Windows mail to a disk that your W7 can read (do this under Maintenance - data storage locations in OE or Windows Mail).
Doing this saves you having to install Live Mail on Vista or XP

5) Logon to your W7 system and install Windows Live mail.

6) Set up your email accounts

7) File ==> import==>messages

8) Chose Outlook express or Windows mail depending on step 3)

9) Browse to the directory where you stored the messages in step 4)

10) Job done.

A bit fiddly but obviously MS don't want to make it easy for people to switch from Outlook

Note also the "Send and Receive" function is calles "SYNC" in Windows Live mail -- confusing but there it is.

If you also installed Windows Messenger you can prevent it from starting automatically at startup by going to the Orb ==>acessories==>run. type msconfig and unclick windows messenger in the start up box.

There doesn't appear to be ANY method of importing mail directly from Outlook 2003/2007

Cheers
jimbo

Hi Jimbo,
I am purchasing a new pc with Windows7. I read your thread above, and have one problem and one question:
Problem: When trying to save the messages from OE into a CD-RW or pen drive, following the procedure of your step Nr. 4 above, Outlook does not allow it. The OK button is not activated.
Question: Is there a procedure available to import the Address book (Contacts) from Outlook into Windows7 mail?
Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/10497-importing-mail-outlook-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello all, I've been using "Windows Live Mail" now for about three months on a Win7 HP. No problems at all -
until yesterday when cleaning out my Inbox, all of a sudden, while trying to delete messages, I received an error "An Unknown Error Has Occurred" and I cannot delete the message. every once in a while, a second pop up box appears titled "Windows Live Mail" and it states it's deleting mail, however it just keeps running without doing anything, until I shut it down. I have also begun to have problems opening mail as well!

Re starting the mail program and re booting the pc has not helped the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bret

A:Windows Live Mail won't open or delete mail

Hello Bret,

What antivirus program do you have installed?

If it includes a email filter, then test by either temporarily disabling the email filter option or the entire antivirus program to see if that may be the cause. Sometimes certain brands or features of antivirus program will interfere with email programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/139623-windows-live-mail-wont-open-delete-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have hotmail on the mail tile but I would also like to have windows live mail there too. Does anyone know how to do this ?

A:Move windows live mail to the mail tile.

Do you mean a live.com account? I would assume that you could just add it the same way as the hotmail.com account, but I don't have one so do not know for sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-windows-live-mail-to-the-mail-tile.1097202/
Relevancy 90.3%

Ever since purchasing a new Dell PC with Windows and Live-Mail Hotmail Mail! ISP my / hijacking Windows Windows Live Mail I am being driven around the bend with mail problems Previously with XP and Vista my mail through my ISP worked almost flawlessly Now it seems that not only is my email is being wrecked by Windows Live Mail but Microsoft is monitoring my private mail Why am Windows Live-Mail / Hotmail hijacking my ISP Mail! I receiving messages below from Microsoft re Live Mail and Hotmail In effect it seems that Windows Live Mail is duplicating AND storing incoming mail on my ISP's server I certainly never wanted this ----- Original Message ----- From Windows Live Hotmail Member Services Sent Sunday May PM Subject Your Hotmail account is growing too fast IMG file C Users Rory AppData Local Temp msohtml clip image jpg IMG IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED Dear Customer Your Windows Live Hotmail account has been growing really fast If it continues to grow at this rate you will not be able to receive messages in the future Here are a few suggestions to help you manage your account Create an archive - Set up a folder on your PC s hard drive where you can save large attachments Then just delete them from your inbox You ll still have them and your inbox will be that much smaller Make your filters work for you- Did you know you can set up your Hotmail account to immediately delete junk e-mail Go to Options and click Filters and reporting Under the Delete junk e-mail section select Immediately to delete junk e-mail right away Once you re finished click Save and you re done Delete a bunch of mail at once- Go to your Junk and Deleted folders and clear them out by clicking the Empty button in the action bar If you have more questions please read our help topic on Hotmail storage Sincerely The Windows Live Hotmail Team I do not and have never used Hotmail nor am I a quot member quot There is no set capacity limit on my ISP's mail service and I have a TB hard drive with a huge amount of free space Why is Microsoft Live Mail nagging me and invading my privacy At I'm not really quot into quot this Windows technolgy XP was superb and Vista livable Not so Win and associated changes PLEASE ANYBODY - HELP

A:Windows Live-Mail / Hotmail hijacking my ISP Mail!

The mail message you got seems to be spam or phishing, delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163394-windows-live-mail-hotmail-hijacking-my-isp-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

i would like to move my existing evolution email client content (mail, folders, contacts) over to windows live mail... as far as i know, evolution only exports content to .mbx files, which i'm guessing windows live mail can't read.

is there a way to transfer this content over to windows live mail?

A:import evolution mail into windows live mail

This application

Download EML to PST Converter and Free Mbox to EML Extractor | EML to PST Converter

is a free download and is supposed to be able to convert MBX files to other formats that Windows Live Mail may be able to handle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/97932-import-evolution-mail-into-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

Recently i switched from Thunderbird to Windows Live Mail.
I managed to import/export my TB mails to Windows Live Mail, but i can't seem to get my contacts into the Windows Live Mail.
I'm Thunderbird i exported my adresbook into a .csv file.
When i import that file into my WLM contacts i only see 2 contacts.
When i open de csv file, i see alot more contacts.
Anyone got a solution or tip for me?

A:Mail Contacts from Thunderbird to Windows Live Mail

You could try a repair of WLM. Go to Programs and Features, highlight "Windows Live Essentials", click on change/uninstall at the top, and choose repair in the next window. All installed parts of WLE will be repaired, including Mail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/199089-mail-contacts-thunderbird-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

In Win XP, the contacts selection called up the contact name and e-mail in separate columns, so that you could sort the list by name or by e-mail address.
Is there any way of doing that in Win 7?
Occasionally I get an e-mail with just the e-mail address, but not a contact name, and I'd like to be able to find out who it is.
All suggestions appreciated.

A:How can I sort e-mail contacts in Windows Live Mail?

Under the Home tab in Contacts Click on View there is a Sort By with an arrow. Click there and you have a choice of how to sort, last or first name.
Also if you click on Mail- the same thing- Under the Home Tab-View- there is also a way to sort the emails

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/271140-how-can-i-sort-e-mail-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hi forum about how long should windows live mail take to download emails its been over 3 hours now i know all the server details are correct as i checked them a few times and it says it is downloading emails about how long should it take before i cancel let me know anyone i am with optus in australia

A:windows live mail how long should it take to download mail

Try the compatibility troubleshooter. ukbadge mentioned it in another post and it appears to have straightened out my WLM. Until then It would have the same problem and I would have to reboot to get back to normal. Good luck.
Drew

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/14188-windows-live-mail-how-long-should-take-download-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

When I send an e TO myself with BCC to a list of recipients my copy of the Sent Mail doesn't show the BCC list?
Until recently I used to receive two copies of Sent Mail, the one not showing the BCC list the other showing the BCC list.
Any advice please?

A:Can't view bcc recipients in Windows Live Mail sent mail

In case any of the 52 readers of the original question are wondering...

....the answer is:-

The copy in the sent folder will show all the BCC recipients.

The copy arriving in the inbox will not show the BCC recipients as they
are

BCC'd. Each BCC recipient will only see that the message was sent to the sender

and that recipient.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/43756-cant-view-bcc-recipients-windows-live-mail-sent-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

How do I transfer stored email messages from an external drive with messages originally stored using from Windows mail Transfer to Live drive Mail Windows Mail WM under Vista to a machine using Windows Live Mail WLM under Windows My notebook crashed literally having crashed to the floor after being bumped off a desk It could no be rebooted as far as I can tell The monitor was Transfer mail from drive to Windows Live Mail dead an external monitor did Transfer mail from drive to Windows Live Mail not work and the drives did not respond Fortunately the drives work in an external case so I can see all the files including the mail files Apparently WM stores email messages differently from WLM While WM has a single folder with all messages for the inbox in the subfolder quot Local folders quot WLM has a separate folder for each mail account under the quot Windows Live Mail quot folder There is also a storage folder but that appears to be used for deleted or outgoing messages So how do I get the messages from the WM inbox sorted into the right account folders in WLM What do I need to know to get the whole thing including other folders I set up transferred properly I have more than email accounts all with POP servers I have made accounts for three of these on the WLM on the new machine and they downloaded the several months messages that were stored on the server However I have many older messages stored on the WM on the now external drive Any help would be appreciated but keep it simple Thanks WWCody

A:Transfer mail from drive to Windows Live Mail

Quote: Originally Posted by WWCody

...Any help would be appreciated, but keep it simple...

Since you know where your emails are it should be simple. WLM has an "Import" feature for emails and for contacts. First make the menu bar visible in WLM. Then use File/Import Messages to start the import messages wizard. You will have to browse to the location of your Windows Mail folder on the other drive. Make sure you browse to the other drive since there is a similar folder of the same name on Windows 7 which is not relevant.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/95477-transfer-mail-drive-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have 12 e-mail accounts - 6 at the office and 6 at home. Is there a way to have all the incoming office e-mail go to one folder (Global) and have all the home e-mail go to another folder. Right now I have to click on each account to read the incoming mail, then click the next account.

Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows Live Mail - Group Incoming Mail

open a gmail account and forward the mails, and try using the labels function. https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...?answer=118708

http://email.about.com/od/windowsliv...rward_wlhm.htm

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/175284-windows-live-mail-group-incoming-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

When I send an e TO myself with BCC to a list of recipients my copy of the Sent Mail doesn't show the BCC list?
Until recently I used to receive two copies of Sent Mail, the one not showing the BCC list the other showing the BCC list.
Any advice please?

A:Can't view bcc recipients in Windows Live Mail sent mail

In case any of the 61 readers of the original question are wondering...

....the answer is:-
The copy in the sent folder will show all the BCC recipients.
The copy arriving in the inbox will not show the BCC recipients as they
are
BCC'd. Each BCC recipient will only see that the message was sent to the sender
and that recipient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/327371-cant-view-bcc-recipients-windows-live-mail-sent-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hi, i have a samsung N150 plus computer with windows 7 starter. Windows Live Mail can not send mail because of too big, but I can not find where to delete these mails. What should I do? my e-mail is blocked!

A:I have to delete outgoing mail in Windows Live Mail: How to do?

Quote: Originally Posted by siusso967

hi, i have a samsung N150 plus computer with windows 7 starter. Windows Live Mail can not send mail because of too big, but I can not find where to delete these mails. What should I do? my e-mail is blocked!

Should be in the "Sent items" or if failing then it should be in the "Outbox"

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/114714-i-have-delete-outgoing-mail-windows-live-mail-how-do.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Short Question Is there any possible way to use Mail Merge in Microsoft Office with Windows Live Mail Notes Using Windows computer Windows Live Mail is being used as a program to send the emails out Microsoft Excell is used to supply the email addresses It is not an address book problem If it is possible to use Mail Merge through WLM then my next question is Long Question How do I fix my problem I am using Microsoft Word to open a short document doc I am using a Microsoft Excell spreadsheet xlsx as a database for names and email addresses I have tried both docx and xls and all combinations of the to try to fix this None seemed to using problems Merge Live Mail Mail Windows work so I reverted to the files' original extensions I go through the Mail Merge steps without any issues I can see the document I can see where the merged names will be inserted I can preview individual letters to see the names inserted correctly I can Mail Merge using Windows Live Mail problems also manage the contacts - and select which emails the Mail Merge Mail Merge using Windows Live Mail problems should be sent to As a test I select only my name I send out the Mail Merge to the emails as all format options with the subject of quot test quot Attachment and returned the following error message nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Error Message Login Failed You must log onto Microsoft Exchange to access your address book Error Code Unspecified Error Microsoft Exchange is not installed on this computer nor was it used in any way Similarly the address book should be the Excell Document HTTP Nothing happens but that also means no emails are sent out nor recieved HTTP is the preferred way of sending out this message of the format options cause this error when closing Word nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Error Message No Email Program associated to perform this task Install email program or create an association in default programs in the Control Panel WLM is installed and has been associated with eml vcf MAILTO protocoll and Send Mail command for MAPI basically anything it says it can be associated with it is I have looked up Mail Merge using Windows Live Mail problems as much as I could on the error messages The fixes all relate to Installing Outlook last ditch option - I would much prefer to get this functioning through Windows Live Mail or Saving the address book Not relevant here as the addresses are already saved in the spreadsheet I merely want to be able to send them out Thanks in advance for any help

A:Mail Merge using Windows Live Mail problems

Hello Luddite, welcome to the forum.

Although I think that MS Office prefers Outlook, there is possibly some useful information here:
Microsoft Word: Using MS Word 2007 & WLM 2011 for Mail Merging, csv file, microsoft mvp

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/179306-mail-merge-using-windows-live-mail-problems.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Every time I try to send or reply to mail Windows Live mail crashes. If the mail has a picture and I open the picture with Windows Photo Gallery - photo gallery crashes then Live mail crashes as well.

Faulting application wlmail.exe, version 15.4.3555.308, time stamp 0x4f59707e, faulting module MSMAIL.DLL, version 15.4.3555.308, time stamp 0x4f59709e, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000ae425, process id 0x%9, application start time 0x%10.

I searched Microsoft and there is not answer for this.
Please help.

A:Windows Live Mail crashes when sending mail

The only answer I ever found for this type of error was to uninstall Live Mail and reinstall it - which is why I paid for Forte Agent (which is basically text-only send, although it can read HTML email)

http://www.vistax64.com/software/299776-windows-live-mail-crashes-when-sending-mail.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Is there a way to delete your mail in the delete folder with one click instead of doing each one separate? I can't seem to find it if there is.

A:Deleting mail in Windows Live Mail 2011

Right click the deleted items folder. Second choice is to Empty the whole folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/115280-deleting-mail-windows-live-mail-2011-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

The download agent seems to work fine installing the Live suite of programs on my Vista-64 system. I can use Messenger without any problems, and can get to my hotmail account through Internet Explorer just fine.

However when I go to use the Live Mail application a box comes up that say Windows is "configuring my system" then disappears with nothing else happening. The application never actually loads. I test the Windows Live mail on my laptop with XP and it works great. Any ideas what the hangup is on Vista 64.

I have 4GB of RAM, Pentium Quad Extreme processor, 320GB HD system.

A:Problems Using Windows Live Mail on Vista 64

Hi Kristian,

Have you tried restarting the computer to make sure the installation finished it's process. Sometimes when you install a suite of programs like this, it may require multiple restarts to finish.

If that does not work, then you might try uninstalling Windows Live Mail and then reinstall it again by itself.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/108285-problems-using-windows-live-mail-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have Windows Vista 32-bit and use Windows Live Mail for my email. So I have it set to hide when minimized and it's all fine and dandy with the mail icon in the tray when it's minimized. Now, if I play a game or start up Windows Media Center or any program where it switches to full screen, once I exit the application, Windows Live Mail is minimized in my task bar. So I have to maximize it and minimize it again so it will go to the system tray. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Any help or suggestions on what I can try will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-on-vista-problem.962522/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have been using Windows Live Mail's desktop app for quite some time & it worked beautifully. Now, only a month after receiving my brand new 3 gig HP laptop, and after a couple weeks with no problems, I am now consistently having WLM freeze up and I cannot get out of it w/out using the task mgr.

What is the difference? My new laptop is Vista & the old one is XP. I still have the old one, and WLM still works great on it. When searching for a solution, all I can find is complaints & no real answers.

If anyone has found a solution to this yet, please help!!
Thanks, Kat in Boise >^,,^<

http://www.vistax64.com/software/232205-windows-live-mail-freezes-up-w-vista.html
Relevancy 89.87%

How does latest version of Windows Essentials Live mail handle imports from Vista's Windows Mail (emails and contacts)? Any problems, losses, hinkiness, evil goin-ons there?

How is the upgrade experience? Were you impressed with the interface? Anything you wish from Vista was still in Live? Thanks for sharing your experiences .

A:Vista Windows Mail to Live import?

Hello msalton,

It usually imports pretty well. The tutorials below can help show you more on this to help make it easier to do.

Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

Windows Live Mail - Import Windows 7 and Vista Contacts

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/194367-vista-windows-mail-live-import.html
Relevancy 89.87%

My system crashed yesterday and although I managed to get it to restore to a previous restore point it has lost most of the Windows Live Mail and Calendar information What remained of Windows Live Mail did not have an Inbox Many of the Storage Folders have lost all or most of the saved messages I saved what messages I could by exporting the Lost Live on Vista Windows Mail messages and tried to repair the Windows Live Mail using the Windows Live Essentials utility in the Control Panel This failed I managed to remove Windows Live Mail using the Windows Live Essentials utility I then tried to reinstall Windows Live Mail using the Turn Windows Features On or Off using the Control Panel but Windows Live Mail does not appear in the list of features I do not care particularly what Email program I use provided that it works I would also like to recover the lost emails and candar information if at all possible During the restoration Norton Internet Security which is my antivirus program said there was a clash with AVG free and I tried to remove AVG free I note that the System Info does not mention Norton Help Please Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard OEM MB Acacia Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated No On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-windows-live-mail-on-vista.1114618/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have Windows Vista 32-bit and use Windows Live Mail for my email. So I have it set to hide when minimized and it's all fine and dandy with the mail icon in the tray when it's minimized. Now, if I play a game or start up Windows Media Center or any program where it switches to full screen, once I exit the application, Windows Live Mail is minimized in my task bar. So I have to maximize it and minimize it again so it will go to the system tray. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Any help or suggestions on what I can try will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Live Mail on Vista problem

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but maybe you can try right clicking on your task bar and click on "lock the task bar" (it will leave a check mark next to that option). If it works, I will also learn what that particular option is for too! Have a nice day.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360645/windows-live-mail-on-vista-problem/
Relevancy 89.87%

When ever I use an web link from my email I get an error and have to hit the link twice to get where I want to go.The error is Windows cannot find(links address). Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. Can some one please help,Ive been every where trying to get help but know one responds

A:windows live mail(Vista 64 Bit) error

Originally Posted by bojack01

When ever I use an web link from my email I get an error and have to hit the link twice to get where I want to go.The error is Windows cannot find(links address). Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. Can some one please help,Ive been every where trying to get help but know one responds

Bo

What browser? are the first and second click to the same page, or is one page different?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/254999-windows-live-mail-vista-64-bit-error.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I cant get my Outlook to work consistently. 
I keep getting this message. 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook (simone.natalie) account.

Server Error: 3219
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no luck

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/012e570a-fe60-4c16-9af0-b5a761b18f7a/server-error-3219-server-httpsmailserviceslivecomdeltasyncv200syncaspx-windows-live?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 89.44%

My sister-in-law?s Window Mail is now inoperative and now wants to use Windows Live Mail instead. I have installed a Windows Live Mail POP account for her on my computer which is working satisfactory but she wants her old Windows Mail messages.

I managed to have save her Windows Mail message store file for her and I am attempting to make it work in Windows Live Mail.
I have replaced the Windows Live Mail message store file with the Windows Mail message store file
but it does not recognise it and when the recover option is used nothing happens.

Any ideas please how I can make the old Windows Mail message store open in Windows Live Mail.

A:How can I make Windows Mail message store work in Windows Live Mail

Read here.
Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/284747-how-can-i-make-windows-mail-message-store-work-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I currently have three Email Accounts. 1 x Windows Mail, and 2 x Windows Live Mail.

I would like to clean out all the File Folders in both locations, but still preserve my existing Folder setups, at the same time.

If I try to Export the Message contents of a Folder to DVD [E:/ Folder], I get this Error message;
Is there any way that I can get around this, so that I can create a DVD Archive of all of my Emails.

Basically, I just wish to clear out all the old Emails from each Account, but still retain a record of them, at the same time.

A:I want to save Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Folder Contents, to a DVD Archive.

Hello Tony,

You will need to export to a empty folder on your desktop first, then copy that folder to the DVD, or place that folder in a ZIP and copy the ZIP to the DVD.

Windows Mail - Messages

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/262852-i-want-save-windows-mail-windows-live-mail-folder-contents-dvd-archive.html
Relevancy 89.01%

This has been discussed before in the Windows forum but I can t find anything here relating to Vista and the solutions proposed under don t seem to work for me Suggestions Vista windows forward in Cannot live images - mail. would be appreciated Cannot forward images in windows live mail. - Vista The basic symptoms are that when I receive a nicely laid out email with photos from a friend into Windows Live Mail then try to forward it Cannot forward images in windows live mail. - Vista to a friend I get a message box saying quot One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found When you send this message these pictures will not be included Are you sure you want to send this message quot If I click quot Yes quot the pictures are all blank in the body of the email with a red X in the corner and the pictures are shown as a quot slide show quot attachment I ve tried the solution suggested by davehc - once I eventually found where Vista puts the quot Options - Compose quot feature yes this is set to quot Convert messages to Photo Email when sending Photos quot I ve also checked Davehc s point about quot Options - Safety options quot opening the security tab and see if you have not inadvertently ticked the squares in quot downloaded images quot I can forward the emails through my isp s webmail but the editing facilities on that are crude I almoost always have to edit them if only to expunge the dozens of email addresses that come freee of charge with every one some people have never heard of quot bcc quot nbsp

A:Cannot forward images in windows live mail. - Vista

My mother had the same problems when trying to forward photos of my Niece and Nephew I don't have a solution but what I would suggest is to copy the photos to your hard drive open a gmail account then try adding the photos that way I almost never use my live account anymore with gmail you hardly get any spam. Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-forward-images-in-windows-live-mail-vista.1056088/
Relevancy 88.58%

how does one stop buk mail from being received in windows 8 windows live mail using the mail tile

A:windows 8 live mail bulk mail

The tile mail app has few options, what it does is pull mail from another account and just show it. You configure that account by using the Desktop app. For instance, I have Hotmail so I go there via a web browser and set up the folders and junk filters. etc. then my mail tile app reflects the changes I've made.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-live-mail-bulk-mail-680016.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I used hotmail for a long time and now i switched to using windows live mail. I keep getting Inappropriate/Dirty Junk mail now several times a day. This didn't happen before i switched except for the occasional friends email that sends out spam... Not sure what to do.

A:Windows Live Mail Junk Mail

If your email name is easy to "guess" you can get hit at any time by a spam bot that mass mails names like (Tim1, Tim2, Tim3, Tim4, ... Tim91) BINGO! Your now on a spam list and it will be passed around and your daily spam will grow and grow and grow...

Couple of things you can do, I use the live mail client with a third party email server (not microsoft live) and they have spam filtering on their site that you can turn on. I'm sure microsoft live mail has the same (though you have to go to the web site to set it up).

Another thing is (if my first guess was right) dump that email address as it is now compromised, and come up with a name that is much harder to dictionary attack.

Sadly, it won;t stop there. If you give your email address out to ANY web business. It will most certainly be sold to a spammer sooner or later. I use multiple email accounts. One dedicated to using to give out to businesses that require an email address. It is the WORST hit address I have. Every now and then I dump that and start a new one.

In reality, email is quickly becoming completely useless If you really just want to use it for family and friends, come up with a name that is hard to dictionary attack but recognisable to friends (or atleast warn them ). Then never give it out to any buisness or website on the net /evar/.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/212989-windows-live-mail-junk-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Is there a way to back up e-mail using Windows Live Mail? If so, what are the files like? How do you back up e-mail and move it from one computer to another? I am furious at Microsoft's announcement that connecting Hotmail to Outlook Express will no longer be supported after June 30, 2008. I've been paying for the privilege. I'm looking for new options. I wonder how expensive Office 2003 is.

A:Windows Live Mail - Backing Up E-mail

copy/paste the email to a word document? Print it off? Thats all I would do.. As to backing it up through windows live, I have no idea unfortunately..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143167/windows-live-mail-backing-up-e-mail/
Relevancy 88.58%

i have been using LiveMail for about a year now.

It was the only mail program comparable to Outlook which is what i was using previously that vista worked with so i stuck with it.

however it has always lagged on outgoing mail. there is no rhyme or reason as to when it will lag upon sending an email or whether it will go straight thru.

the problem is, that while it is lagging on the outgoing mail (sometimes up to 45seconds) i can not access my mailbox without crashing windows live.

i am using vista home premium, 64 bit, service pack 1.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

kg

A:LAG sending mail thru Windows Live Mail

Probably due to the slow server of your email provider (yahoo, msn, google etc). WLM is having a problem connecting. You can try switching to another email service and see if that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/265304-lag-sending-mail-thru-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

After clicking Sync/button, my Windows Live Mail does not even attempt to send or receive mail. No error occurs, at least none that I am aware of. Settings for POP etc. are same as on my other laptop. How do I get it to at least try to receive and send e/mail. I am using Windows Live mail 2009 (v.14), I don't want 2011, and 2010 can't be found anywhere.

A:Windows Live mail. No e/mail sent or received.

Check your network to see whether your network is shutdown or off. And, check the sever settings of your Windows Live mail to see whether you have written the information in the right way.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295283-windows-live-mail-no-e-mail-sent-received.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I can receive e-mails but I cannot send any e-mails. When I press the new e-mail button this message pops up: A problem occured while trying to open this message. A problem has occurred. Please try again.

I have checked all of the server information. It is all correct. I am in an office with 4 other people and we all use the same e-mail provider. Noone else is experiencing this issue.

A:Can't send e-mail using Windows Live Mail

this might sound weird... Close live mail, then when you open live mail again... give it a minute or 2 to fully initialize before hitting the new mail button.

It takes a while for it to completely load and initialize it's .pst/.ost files. There are rumors that you can run Ccleaner against the apps and registry to help the issue (not proven).

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/169738-cant-send-e-mail-using-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

If I try to start a new email or reply or forward an email I get the following message: "A problem occurred trying to open this message. A problem has occurred. Please try again." It reocurs no matter how many times I try. I am using Windows Live Mail 2011. I tried to run repair on the install. I ran ccleaner. Also, I did a reatore. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

A:Windows Live Mail - Can't send Mail

I did a complete uninstall and re install of Windows Live Mail and still have the same problem. Not sure what to tryu next.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404299/windows-live-mail-cant-send-mail/
Relevancy 88.58%

When my OS was XP, and I clicked a contact link on various web sites, I would get an Outlook e-mail screen where I would compose my e-mail and send it. That was good, because I had a history of that in my "Sent" folder.

Now, with Windows 7, I get Windows Live e-mail, even though I have Outlook installed. Is that a default of Windows 7, or is it what the web site is doing?

Can I look at Windows Live e-mails and see what I have sent?

Can I change a setting in Win7 so it will send an Outlook e-mail instead?

Thanks,
Jon

A:Windows Live e-mail vs Outlook e-mail

Control Panel > Programs > Default programs > Set associations

Look for the .msg extension and change the association to Microsoft Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/85512-windows-live-e-mail-vs-outlook-e-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I upgraded my wife's computer from Vista to Windows yesterday Before starting the process I copied old Vista info Mail messages Live into Mail Windows to a second drive I did not realize that Windows did not utilize Windows Mail Windows Mail messages into Live Mail before starting the upgrade process dummy me In proceeding through the Dell provided upgrade disks I selected Upgrade as my option Now I am not able to Import my old Windows Messages into Windows Live Mail The upgrade process created a folder called Windows old and I have my separately saved Vista info on my other drive My question is if the old Windows Mail messages are there specifically what folder do they reside in either of the two or both locations and how do I get them into my Live Mail history Seems like there should be a way to do this but it is not as simple as the canned instructions for importing e-mail Thanks for any help because I sure would like to obtain this history

A:Windows Mail messages into Live Mail

Quote: Originally Posted by lostore

I upgraded my wife's computer from Vista to Windows 7 yesterday. Before starting the process I copied old Vista info to a second drive. I did not realize that Windows 7 did not utilize Windows Mail before starting the upgrade process (dummy me!).
In proceeding through the Dell provided upgrade disks, I selected Upgrade as my option.
Now, I am not able to Import my old Windows Messages into Windows Live Mail. The upgrade process created a folder called Windows.old and I have my separately saved Vista info on my other drive. My question is if the old Windows Mail messages are there specifically what folder do they reside in either of the two (or both) locations, and how do I get them into my Live Mail history.
Seems like there should be a way to do this, but it is not as simple as the canned instructions for importing e-mail.
Thanks for any help because I sure would like to obtain this history.

Hi and welcome

I am not going to be a lot of help given I have never used windows mail, but if you known the extension for windows mail messages counldn't you use search to find them in either the windows.old or on the other dirve?

I am sure someone will have the answer just not me on this one sorry

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/40331-windows-mail-messages-into-live-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a new desktop running windows 8.1 and windows live mail. I managed to get all my email records from my old outlook express account on my new livemail account. Everything was working fine for the last month until yesterday. I opened and closed my live mail account in the morning. When I reopened it in the afternoon, all my email folders and correspondence was gone. Live mail seems to be working fine now and I am sending and receiving email. Nothing new has disappeared.

Did I do something wrong?
Is there a way to recover my missing emails?
How can I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks.

A:windows live mail deleted all mail

Quote:

Originally Posted by augitto

How can I prevent this from happening again?

EaseUS Todo Backup Free

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/windows-live-mail-deleted-all-mail-878841.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail. Suggestions. Also have a problem with my Microsoft account, cannot view the inbox as in looking for your Microsoft email.

dg

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64288-windows-live-mail-mail-10-question.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Can someone please tell me how to set up new accounts in Windows Live Mail 2012 and the Windows 8.1 mail app.

I need this info as I am changing my ISP. I am moving and am with Virgin Media but they are not cabled up where I am going and I will be going with Plusnet.

All help much appreciated.

A:Windows Live Mail & Mail App setup

What is the last part of your email address
just the bit after the @

if its virgin - then you will have a problem as virgin will close your email after 90days or earlier

if its not virgin and is currently working - then it should work with plusnet (who are part of BT)

so without the email service you are using its difficult to help set it up

please supply details

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-mail-app-setup.1151795/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey y'all,
Anyone know of a way to get a confirmation notice for sent mail in Windows Live Mail?

A:Windows Live Mail sent mail confirmation ?

Tick on "Always sent a read receipt"

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/24540-windows-live-mail-sent-mail-confirmation.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm currently using Windows Mail. My server is OTT Communications, my internet provider. But my emails get deleted on the server. They stay in Windows Mail so I'm not losing them there. I see that you can open an Outlook.com account, and use Windows Live Mail for that. So, does that mean that Microsoft is then the server? If so, I would like to open an account, so my emails don't get deleted on the server. But how do I set up Windows Live Mail so that the server is Microsoft, as opposed to OTT? Thanks, Mike

A:Windows Mail vs. Live Mail vs. Outlook.com

I've never used windows mail but in the configuration options for your email accounts look for a setting that says something like keep deleted emails on the server. That option should be there.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303863-windows-mail-vs-live-mail-vs-outlook-com.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi All,
I have just bought a new HP Pavilion desktop with Windows 7 on it. I cannot get my email to work on Windows Live Mail. I am using a ADSL router to get broadband.
Internet works fine. I imported all my settings from my IBM Thinkpad which is runing XP. I have tried reinstalling the CD which came with the router, but this is about 4 years old, before Windows 7 & did not fix the problem.

Another forum gave a solution to download a Vista RAS PPPoE driver & replace this in the System32 drivers folder. When I try this, I get a message "You need permision to perform this action"

Can anyone help. I have wasted a lot of time on this now. Appears to be another block in the way of all potential solutions.
Regards,
Bravo

A:Windows Live Mail won't send or Rx mail

1. Your first problem: Windows mail cant receive email.

What error it is giving? As I guess you are using a faster internet connection, I am not thinking about time out problem.

2. I cant get yout second question. Please write a bit more...what you going to install and thats do not work?

3. For your third question: "You need permission..."

If you want to follow that method, you must take ownership (click here to read the tutorial) of the file and folders you want to replace.

Lastly, welcome to Sevenforums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/107709-windows-live-mail-wont-send-rx-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Ok, I had an issue with WLM before, but it was because my server information was incorrect. I fixed that and it has been working fine ever since. Just yesterday, this new issue started: I can't send emails again! The messages reads:

"The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'

Server Error: 554
Server Response: 554 5.7.1 [email protected]: Sender address rejected. Access denied
Server: 'smtp.aol.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Port: 587

Someone help please! Thank you.

A:Cant' Send E-mail with Windows Live Mail!!

Welcome,

Two things to check

Make sure your settings are still the same

Go to the email website and make sure that they did not change the required settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/65241-cant-send-e-mail-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I currently have a computer with a vista drive and a w7 drive. I have windows mail on the vista drive, and windows live mail on the w7 drive. the w7 drive is not receiving all messages, and I would like to just delete it, and use only windows mail on the vista drive. normally they both receive the same messages.

If I delete the w7 live mail account, will that also delete the vista windows mail account?

Thanks, Mike

A:Windows Mail and Live Mail Question

Well, I went ahead and deleted the w7 account (after saving the messages in the vista account). no problem, I still have all my messages in my windows mail account.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303506-windows-mail-live-mail-question.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Remove alert Edit Delete Change type Question You cannot vote on your own post Hope i am in the right forum I have a client running a business and has been using windows mail with vista platform now has a windows and wants to use windows live mail having trouble with export and importing have exported several times so far and because she has all her emails in folders for each person that she emails The folders have to go the same format Trees coming down from the inbox over to the live mail But when I export to ext hdd to windows mail live window mail then import for the same location at the end not all the emails folders go over Noticed that some folders are missing on the trees And also how do i get the calenders in windows mail to windows live mail over she windows mail to window live mail has approx Calenders one for each person that is employed by her this is so they can see individual roster hours The calenders go back at least months for each employee so keying in each entry is not a windows mail to window live mail option

A:windows mail to window live mail

Try these How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail? - Microsoft Windows Help

How to export email messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-mail-to-window-live-mail-788026.html
Relevancy 88.58%

When trying to email a particular address (that is in my address book),either by using a fresh email or replying to one received from the same address, I get the following message from '[email protected]'

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Unable to deliver message to following recipient, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed times. This could indicate a mail loop.

It is the first time I have come across this problem.What is a mail loop and how do I resolve it ?.

A:Windows Live Mail 'Mail Loop'

Hello Nero mate the address is it one that you use a lot or is it an annoying one? The loop I don't know but if it is one that is not wanted then I would block it using the Options > Safety options > Blocked senders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/303131-windows-live-mail-mail-loop.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I had to re install my OS After I did that the fun of installing everything started and one of those things was Windows Live Mail I've done this before when I bought my new computer and had some issues importing my mail as well which was the same idea Live mail to Live mail Now I'm facing the issue again and find it hard to find a simple and straight forward answer to my issue as most topics go about Windows mail or show importing methods which aren't the same as I used before so I'll try to explain as good as possible what I encounter I click on import messages and select email messages Then it lets me choose a folder from which I can install I select my external HD where the back up is Then when I want to add it I get the option to either select the folders I want to add or I can add all of them Strange importing Live Live to Windows Trouble Mail Mail Windows thing here is that it doesn't show my inbox or any subfolder and I had many subfolders but only shows the deleted folder When I do proceed it adds that what it Trouble importing Windows Live Mail to Windows Live Mail showed and I don't have anything imported other then the deleted folders Now I might be doing something wrong as in the past this was the way I could import and export Maybe I don't have enough rights for the folder I do hope that someone can help me out and have a straight forward solution because if I lose all these emails I will go crazy Looking forward to any help Jeroen

A:Trouble importing Windows Live Mail to Windows Live Mail

Name a folder in my documents. Call it Windows live mail backup
Make a sub folder call it backup
Click on options/ email
Click on export mail
It should pop up with all the folders, in box etc.
highlight each folder. You will have to do it with the crtl key because using shift key sometimes does not work
It will then give you a browse where to put it. Put in the backup folder you made. Them copy and paste the folder onto the flash drive
On the new computer you will do the same thing bit you will pick import instead of export

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/281876-trouble-importing-windows-live-mail-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Vista won?t give me access to uninstall Windows Live Mail!

I?m using IE8-RC1, which is working perfectly, except ironically, the only application it seems to be in conflict with is Windows Live Mail. I tried the ?compatibility mode? option which didn?t help, (even added Windows Live Mail to the list of apps to always run in compatibility mode), so I thought I would uninstall it and reinstall it ? hoping the new download would solve the problem. However. . . Vista won?t give me access to uninstall Windows Live Mail. When I right click on it there?s no prompt to run as administrator, and I?ve already turned off UAC. Does anyone have a solution?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/211714-vista-wont-give-me-access-uninstall-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 87.72%

One of my computers has 3 or 4 emails that dropped into the junk mail folder in my Windows Live Mail for Windows 7 and I cannot seem to get rid of them.  I have tried to repair it in the control panel, and have tried a couple suggestions and steps from the internet, but I still cannot get rid of them. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of it?  Should I just delete the Junk folder all together, and then create a new one? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Need assistance to delete junk mail from Windows Live Mail for Windows 7

Nevermind,

I just figured it out by accident.

there was a little 'x' to the right of the junk mail box on the left hand side of windows live, I hovered my mouse over it, and the words, "empty this folder" came up.  I clicked on it, and like magic, the junk emails disappeared.  Woot!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509098/need-assistance-to-delete-junk-mail-from-windows-live-mail-for-windows-7/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey everyone I have been on a mission to solve this problem I've been seeking out and posting on several MS tech computer support forums looking for an answer I've also spent quite a bit of time googling for a solution on my own So far I have come up empty handed Live Mail Mail contact into Import groups Windows Windows My situtaiton and problem is as follows I'm working in a small office where we have some computers running Windows Vista and using Windows Mail version We have hundreds of contacts and a couple of contact groups on these computer A few months ago we got two new computers which are using Windows XP and Windows Live mail version build Other computers in the office still have Vista and the other version of Windows Mail I have been able to export our hundreds of contacts and import them into Windows Live Mail so Import Windows Mail contact groups into Windows Live Mail the new computers have all of the contacts however I was unable to find a way to import the groups These groups are all very large and consist mostly entirely out of contacts which don't have individual contact entries I have been googling to find a solution to this problem The closest page I could find was this one http www sevenforums com tutorials ct-groups html I was very discouraged when I saw the big red warning near the top of the page --------------- In Contact Groups from Vista only the contacts that are also included as normal Contacts will be imported into Windows Live Mail Contacts that were created for the Contact Group only will not be imported into Windows Live Mail You will need to write these down and manually add them back into Windows Live Mail --------------- This pretty much described my situtation exactly but manually going through all the groups writing down all the contacts then manually importing into two separate machines would take forever and is simply not an option Is there really no other way I can get these groups into Windows Live Mail I find it extremely hard to believe that this basic or at least it should be basic task is simply IMPOSSIBLE to do but that seems to be the only response I've been getting so far Another thing is that I have several years computer programming experience so if there really is no way to do this with existing tools I don't mind writing my own tool but in order to do so I'd need file format details of both the old Windows Mail group files and the Windows Live Mail monolithic contact file I have been unable to dig up any information on either of them Can anybody point me in the right direction here Thanks so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/import-windows-mail-contact-groups-into-windows-live-mail-433734.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have read many of the Issues Mail Live Send/Receive and Windows Mail Windows other Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Issues forum Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Issues threads hoping to solve this issue to no avail I have been running Windows Mail on my laptop for seven months now with no issue After changing my password Windows Mail no longer wants to send or receive email I have tried many things from other people's successes to solve this problem - Changed my password again note both password changes have been successful in my webmail and in downloading to my Blackberry - Removed the email account and readded it - Disabled the auto scan components of McAfee - Uninstalled McAfee - Repeated earlier deletions and additions of my email account - Downloaded Windows Live Mail to the same errors and repeat of the above - Reset my password account through the email host server Here is the error message from Windows Live Mail Unable to send or receive messages for the christine account An incorrect password was entered The next time you send or receive messages you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account Server Error x CCC Server Response -ERR Login failed Server 'mail unionevents com' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Any suggestions Both my tech-savvy friend and I are at a loss

A:Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Issues

Just a guess, you changed your password at the website of your email provider, did you also change it on Windows Mail?

Sure that they are identical?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/275075-windows-mail-windows-live-mail-send-receive-issues.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I was able to get the addresses from XP to Win 7 thanks to this forum. Now a new problem' In XP OE my wife had some E Mail addresses grouped together. They didn't transfer as groups. In live mail how can I set up some mail groups?

A:[SOLVED] E Mail address groups in Live Essentials Live mail

WLMail, click on Contacts (bottom left) In the Contacts window, click on Home (top left)
Click on "Category" (new name for "Group")
enter a category name
click on the contacts you want to add
click on "Save"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-e-mail-address-groups-in-live-essentials-live-mail-653754.html
Relevancy 86.86%

On an eMachine with Vista Home preinstalled which means Windows Live Mail (used to be known as Outlook Express) is part of IE. Instead of buying into Office 2007 (converting the trial version installed), I have installed Office 2003. All was fine, the installation went fine. But when attempting to attach an Excel 2003 or Word 2003 documents, the message comes across that Office 2003 is corrupt. Office 2003 has worked fine, and this message appears only when I try to attach to WLMail. I have uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled with the same result.

I am thinking '03 is not compatible with WLMail. I'm thinking that I'll stop trying WLM and use Office Outlook 2003. That may be the only fix I need. Keep Vista, email with Office Outlook 2003 and use all of Office.

Objective is to be able to use Office 2003, and attach those documents to an email message.
What's the best combination of OS, Office 2003 and which email system? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181196/cant-attach-office-2003-docs-to-windows-live-mail-vista/
Relevancy 85.57%

Please could I have some help on Windows Live Mail?

I have just upgraded to a new PC running 8.1. I have installed Windows Live Mail which seems to be regarded as the best email client.

I have about 11 GB of messages from my previous Vista installation (seven years of my life) which I would like to be able to manage in WLM.

I have imported them using the File/Import Messages/Windows Mail command but I can't see any of them in WLM. They appear to been imported in WM format and so aren't readable.

In that case, I'm not quite sure what is the point of the import function. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

A:Windows Live Mail - importing Windows Mail messages

have a read here
Copy and move email from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail on Windows 7

and

https://liveunplugged.wordpress.com/...ows-live-mail/

and

How to upgrade from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/windows-live-mail-importing-windows-mail-messages-1004450.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I copied my "Windows Mail Contacts folder" from my previous Windows Vista pc to my new Windows 7 pc. I have close to 4,000 contacts and they are all organized in subfolders. How can I import them to Windows Live Mail while keeping them all organized as they were in Windows Mail on Vista? If I have to manually organize them again it will be an endless task. I have built this organized list of contacts over several years of work. For people like myself who rely on this type of organized list of contacts for work purposes, switching from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail could possibly be a nightmare. I really hope there's a positive quick solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394320-importing-windows-mail-contacts-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hard drive died so decided to installl windows 7 on new hard drive.

OOPS, no email.

Was using outlook on vista. Can I upgrade to new outlook 2010. Or what is windows mail or windows live mail like.

Any advice appreciated/

A:Help - Windows Mail or Windows Mail Live or Outlook 2010

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/email

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-mail-or-windows-mail-live-or-outlook-2010.935844/
Relevancy 85.57%

I had to reinstall my hard drive due to a nasty virus. I had Vista 32 business. I backed up all of my windows mail files using an online service. Presently I installed a windows 7 professional upgrade. I have restored my windows mail files to the desktop, but can not get them into windows live mail.

Help!!!

A:converting my windows mail files to windows live mail

Hello aquatech, welcome to the forum.

I think your question has been answered in this thread:
Converting windows mail files to windows live mail without using - Microsoft Answers

Quote:
In Windows Live Mail do File-Import-Messages.
AFAIK, if the Windows Mail Message store is intact, it will import

Please let us know if it works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/184478-converting-my-windows-mail-files-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi there I have - quite stupidly as I now think - installed Windows Seven on my old Vista on my Laptop without thinking about the Mail program at all That is neither did I make a backup nor did I export contact lists from Windows Mail etc I was however able to import most of the stuff from Windows Mail into Windows Live Mail anyway I took ownership of both Windows Mail folders in C Program Files and C Program Files x including subs 'n files and tried the import function in Windows Live Mail - three times I think I can't really tell whether or not all my messages are there yet I can say for sure that what I find in the Storage Folders section in Windows Live Mail reproduces only a part of the filing system I had established in Windows Mail That is to say A lot of the folders I used to have in Windows Mail are simply missing Are the messages that used to be in there missing too No idea so far they might be in the Inbox or somewhere else To be sure I have everything that is all my messages on my webmail-account Yet it took me forever to work out my huge filing system including all the message rules etc in Windows Live Mail Windows Mail to - Incomplete Import Windows Mail which allows me to have more folders than my webmail account Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail - Import Incomplete that is for some reason limited to folders So even although I know that in the end I do have all the messages on my webmail I would just Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail - Import Incomplete hate to have to do all that work again Thus I'd just love to quot simply quot get my Webmail stuff imported as it was Any ideas what I might have done wrong what I could do to retrieve the missing folders Alternatively Is there any way to quot simply quot I know what you're thinking reactivate Windows Mail in Windows so that I can start over by properly exporting everything from there I have found some related topics but did not see anyone having this particular problem If I simply overlooked it sorry At any rate I'd appreciate any help you can offer Thanks Raja

A:Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail - Import Incomplete

If you did a custom install and did not format, look for a windows.old folder, it contains everything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/53028-windows-mail-windows-live-mail-import-incomplete.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I recently had my slow laptop cleaned in order to improve performance. The guy deleted my Windows Live Mail folders and lots of other things(mostly unused anyway). He replaced Vista with Windows 7 Home Premium. Now I have lost all my mail. I am now using Windows Live Mail 2012 but can only see the most recent mails. Can I retrieve the previous mails and folders? http://www.sevenforums.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

A:Changed from Vista to Windows 7 and lost all my Windows Live mail.

If he installed W7 on top of your Vista, then your mail is gone unless you have a recent image of your Vista system on an external drive.

That is one reason why I use AOL since the dawn of time - and I never lost a single mail because they are all stored upstream at AOL. I can go back to my first mail from day 1 on AOL. And I use AOL via the browser - not with their heavy app. And this way I can get at my mail from any PC, my Android tablet or my phone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/359730-changed-vista-windows-7-lost-all-my-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. I have copied my Contacts file from my old Vista computer and input the file to the new computer. The file is labeled Contacts in my Library. I can open it and see all my contacts there. But, when I got to Windows Live Mail, click on Contacts, then Inport, then on Address Book for current Windows User, and then OK, the contacts are not imported. I can't figure out how to get them into my contacts into my new Windows Live Mail. Help!

A:Importing Contacts from Vista to Windows Live Mail in Windows 7

Welcome to the Seven Forums, GAN.

In WLM the contacts are located in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts\Default\15.5 but the Folder may appear empty unless the Protected O.S Files are unhidden.

As you were using WLM on the old Vista Computer you should copy the contacts file in this folder and you shall have all your contacts in W 7 WLM.

Alternately if you have the old .wab file preserved somewhere then you can browse to it via the Import Tab by clicking on Windows Address Book and import your contact.

The third method is to export your existing contacts as a .csv file and then import it to WLM in a like manner.

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236128-importing-contacts-vista-windows-live-mail-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 85.14%

An old XP home tower has essentially died, and we had a lot of email that we'd saved in Outlook Express on that machine. Now we've set up Windows Live Mail on the replacement Windows 7 tower and our new mail is being copied over from Xfinity into WLM.

But how do I get the old saved OE mail into WLM? The old XP Home is pretty much useless, although I could try removing the HDD and connecting it as an external drive, but I have no idea if it'll be readable or not. If it is, what would be the steps necessary to get it from one tower to another, and if it's not readable, what can I do? These emails are important.

A:How Do I Get Old OE Mail into Windows Live Mail?

It's been a while since I used/looked at OE but doesn't it have an Export function? I remember transferring all my messages over to WLM. Export from OE to a thumb drive then Import to WLM.
Ops. I must have missed the part about the XP machine being dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/317751-how-do-i-get-old-oe-mail-into-windows-live-mail.html