Windows Support Forum

Black Screen until Vista Logon Screen -no video signal

Q: Black Screen until Vista Logon Screen -no video signal

After installing the latest NVIDIA 182.50 Drivers for my 8500 GeForce 8500GT card on my Gateway AMD x64 with Vista Home Premium 64bit, now at start up the Boot screen doesn't come up and neither does the Vista green loading bars, just get black screen, no signal until the Vista Logon screen appears. I used to get the Boot screen with F10 boot options and F2 BIOS options and the Gateway Logo, but not anymore.

Any idea why and how I can get the boot screen back ??

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/223139-black-screen-until-vista-logon-screen-no-video-signal.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen until Vista Logon Screen -no video signal

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 102.77%

---Wow this is frustrating I just got done fixing two other computers- one was helping someone else fix their computer because they were seeking someone with basic expertise and here I am seeking someone with higher knowledge to help me out no screen screen, Windows logon bootup black Vista thanks in advance to all who contribute --- HP Media Windows Vista black screen, no bootup logon screen Center M FWindows Vista bit GB RAM NVIDIA graphics card and plenty of HD spaceF hardware diagnastics A-OK Suddenly this computer decided Windows Vista black screen, no bootup logon screen to malfunction without installing anything new or updates prior to its quot crashing quot I'm pretty wary to spyware and virus of the like so I am careful to what is installed and opened on this computer But for all I know when I was out of the house someone could have accessed the the machine infecting it with something I noticed before I left the house that it took a ridiculously long time to empty out the recycle bin has anyone else had this problem in vista I know there were a lot of high res pictures in there so I'm guessing quite a few gigs of deletion but after an hour it hadn't even progressed It said minutes and appeared to be frozen but was still moving I restarted the computer and tried the same thing-- exact same result lt --- this is the only hint I have as to what happened because before this everything was fine Anyway I got home and turned on the computer after someone turned it off and it just booted up the HP screen and then went to the windows logo loading page except there was no windows logo It displayed the loading bar and moving across the box at the bottom but just with no windows vista logo Then came the blue screen with the moveable mouse pointer I waited hours the mouse pointer still could be moved but the screen was frozen on the light blue hue right before the welcome screen or logon screen I retried this several times with this same result Even CTRL ALT DEL does not work Even more interesting I tried booting in Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command Prompt both with the same result of black screen with mouse pointer and the text quot Safe Mode quot in all for corners No progression after an hour of waiting Booting windows in quot last known good configuration quot didn't work either There was also a quot repair quot function that precipitated the same results as well The F Recovery Console at the HP boot screen did not work no matter how rhythmic my F pushes were-- not sure why I couldn't recover this system on the recovery partition since HP doesn't send you recovery CDs anymore Lastly I made a Hiren Boot CD followed with my own Windows Vista installer boot CD They both had the same result when booting straight from the cdrom error message on a black screen quot The System memory manager EMM EXE has detected an error caused by a fault in one of the device drivers or programs loaded in the system Due to this fault the system is probably in an unstable state and you are therefore recommended to reboot the computer immediately If the problem persists then try to isolate which program is at fault if you have loaded several then load them one at a atime until the fault appears then contact tech support department for that program Advanced technical information Exception Invalid Opcode DS CB etc etc let me know if you need all the alphanumeric encoding quot When I don't boot straight from the cdrom it freezes and says this quot FD mb System Type- Starting Caldera DR-DOSEMM Copyright etc etc etc lt ---- blinking cursor quot I don't think I'm leaving out much of all but any other inquiries let me know I find this problem extremely odd yet annoying I don't know what else to do this computer is barely a year old Tech support wants or something like for days on one issue even for a recovery cd they want Wow HP Anyways thanks in advance and cheers Nowachi

A:Windows Vista black screen, no bootup logon screen

It may be that someone didn't turn off the PC rather that it experienced a damaging event and shut down.Suggest you check the RAM - remove and reseat and try rebooting. If not successful your mother board may be damaged - nasty thought.There is also this site which may be relevant.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831515If you can get your PC going suggest you check Event Viewer. Then restore files from the recycle bin and then use SHIFT/DELETE to get rid of them, delete a small file and see if emptying the recycle bin works OKPaul

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233390/windows-vista-black-screen-no-bootup-logon-screen/
Relevancy 97.61%

I ll start by listing my system specs Processor AMD Phenom II x T processor black edition ghz OC to ghz Motherboard MSI FXA-GD MS- Military grade Memory GB DDR PNY RAM PC - GPU At the time Nividia TI GPU Now Nividia GTX HDD GB Seagate RPM PSU Thermaltake Watt Certified Case Mid tower cyberpower case screen signal video crash no Black mm fans For me it started with skyrim every once in a while I would go to black screen no video signal and then I would have to do a hard reset on my PSU At the time no other game had caused this issue for me and I thought it was localized to skyrim Unfortunately over time I started experiencing the black screen crash on other games randomly So I ran the following tests Prime I ran this for over hr and Black screen crash no video signal was unable to reproduce the black screen error Also all tests were passed FurMark I ran this to test my GPU and push it I ran this for over hr at x max AA no errors and no artifacts again it passed with out reproducing the black screen error WindowsMem test According to this all ram passed no errors Speedfan HDD test I ran this to check the health of my HDD and no errors were reported all values normal I also updated all drivers for GPU Motherboard processor My first thought was that the GPU was the main issue so I returned it and recently purchased a GTX After installing the new card and playing a few games the black screen crash occurred again which again seems to happen randomly It also happens during times when the GPU itself is not being pushed This has lead me to believe it Black screen crash no video signal is not the GPU causing this Today I will be testing my PSU for power Black screen crash no video signal dips and other issues If I find anything I will report it Also I do not feel this is an overheat issue because the crash does not seem characteristic of one nbsp

A:Black screen crash no video signal

Yes, I would change the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-crash-no-video-signal.180053/
Relevancy 96.32%

I recently was playing the Mario Portal game and messing with the rendering settings then all the sudden my screen went black, the video signal was lost. I restarted the computer everything was fine then again today I was using itunes screen visualizer and the video gets lost and I had to restart again. Anyone know what could be causing this? I have a 9800GTX+ by Evga and Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, 3 gigs of ram.

A:Random Video Problem (Screen goes black, no signal)

I just realized that my rear fan was not working, I tapped it and it started to work fine again I dont know whats up with that im gonna keep an eye on it, I have this case here... Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black/Silver 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case

the rear panel fan was the one that stopped owrkikng but worked again and the bigger fan below the disc drives is just dead, i should probably replace it but my temps are fine sitting at 39 degrees atm, most i get to is like 80-90 on the most intenste games adn i thiink that ws with my rear fan paused, i also added a fan in the additional spot on the motherboard side panel (right side) so i think my tmeps are fine but im still really curious about this loss of video signal ive seen alot of windows 7 probllems posted about this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/218061-random-video-problem-screen-goes-black-no-signal.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I ll start by listing my system specs Processor AMD signal) Screen Black gaming (no video During Crash Phenom II x T processor black edition ghz OC to ghz Motherboard MSI FXA-GD MS- Military grade Memory GB Black Screen Crash (no video signal) During gaming DDR PNY RAM PC - GPU At the time Nividia TI GPU Now Nividia GTX HDD GB Seagate RPM PSU Thermaltake Watt Certified Case Mid tower cyberpower case mm fans For me it started with skyrim every once in a while I would go to black screen no video signal and then I would have to do a hard reset on my PSU At the time no other game had caused this issue for me and I thought it was localized to skyrim Unfortunately over time I started experiencing the black screen crash on other games randomly So I ran the following tests Prime I ran this for over hr and was unable to reproduce the black screen error Also all tests were passed FurMark I ran this to test my GPU and push it I ran this for over hr at x max AA no errors and no artifacts again it passed with out reproducing the black screen error WindowsMem test According to this all ram passed no errors Speedfan HDD test I ran this to check the health of my HDD and no errors were reported all values normal I also updated all drivers for GPU Motherboard processor My first thought was that the GPU was the main issue so I returned it and recently purchased a GTX After installing the new card and playing a few games the black screen crash occurred again which again seems to happen randomly It also happens during times when the GPU itself is not being pushed This has lead me to believe it is not the GPU causing this Today I will be testing my PSU for power dips and other issues If I find anything I will report it Also I do not feel this is an overheat issue because the crash does not seem characteristic of one nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

Help! I have had this problem for about a month now, and it is getting annoying! I have a Gateway c141x with Windows Vista.

After restarting my computer I logon with the password and all I get is a black screen with my mouse pointer, no desktop! To solve the dillema of not having a desktop I hit ctrl-alt-del and log off and then proceed to log on. After loging on for the second time, my desktop is there and I can use my computer normally. I would just like to be able to use my computer normally without having to log on and off and on again first. I have all updates installed and have checked for viruses.

A:Vista and a black screen after logon

please? any suggestions at all, I will try anything that I can understand?!?!?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-a-black-screen-after-logon.837907/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi All I have recently been experiencing a problem with my installation of Vista Home Premium I rebooted my laptop and now when I try to log on I enter my password and I see the quot Welcome quot screen with the spinning blue circle then the screen fades in screen logon after Black Vista out to a black screen with just the mouse cursor I have left it in this state for at least half an hour Black screen after logon in Vista and nothing else happens Pressing Ctrl Alt Del does nothing and neither does Ctrl Shift Esc The Black screen after logon in Vista same problem happens for both users that I have set up on the laptop I ve also tried booting into Safe Mode and this doesn t help either - the same problem occurs I run Kaspersky Internet Security so I am fairly confident that it is not a virus that has caused it I would really appreciate any help that anyone can offer on this problem thanks very much in advance Alex nbsp

Relevancy 95.46%

I have a problem on all the most recent games While playing I lose the video signal orange LED on the monitor whereas the game continues to turn while the screen) (black Loss of signal a playing game video music dialogue Each time I have to reboot It is not related to a game in particular and that also always arrives at a different time min Loss of the video signal (black screen) while playing a game min Loss of the video signal (black screen) while playing a game h I initially thought of an overheating Following various post on forums I tried - Update video driver - Update Bios - Installation driver monitor - Removing of some XP patches - Setting of vcore on V instead of V - Cleaning and Loss of the video signal (black screen) while playing a game de-dusting of the PC heating - gt Normal Temperature - Launching without any background task I test the whole with d Mark During the test on second game I have video planting that avoids me having to launch a game during min after each test Can you help me I am despair What should I do Changing my Graphic card My mainboard My power supply configuration - PIV GHZ MO RDRAM - CM Asus P T-E INTEL i chipset with PCI AGP Pro CNR RIMM - CG Asus V Ultra V Mo nVidia GeForce Ti nbsp

A:Loss of the video signal (black screen) while playing a game

up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-the-video-signal-black-screen-while-playing-a-game.305810/
Relevancy 92.02%

My computer monitor suddenly went black with only my mouse cursor showing. The computer was rebooted. And after with the windows login, the monitor was black again. I did a ctrl-alt-delete and was able to access task manager. I shut down Explorer.exe. Then went to Task Run and started it again. Still just a black screen. I am running a Dell XPS 435mt with Vista Windows Home Premium. I don't think it's a video issue because I did some diagnostics tests, and everywhere else I can see the screen, except windows.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Also when attempting to boot in safe mode it has hung after "Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys" with only a "Please wait..." message.

A:Screen black after windows Vista logon, can get to task manager with ctrl-alt-del

Looks like the boot hard drive has failed or has become corrupted... could also be a memory failure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-black-after-windows-vista-logon-can-get-to-task-manager-with-ctrl-alt-del.213178/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 90.73%

I recently bought a HP DV9548US Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium. Lately, when I turn the computer on it takes about 30 seconds to get to the page where I choose my account and logon with a password. The strange part that is bothering me is that it takes about 1 minute to reach the actual desktop. I've seen similar posts, but not for my Vista version. So, I know there is probably something wrong, but not sure how to approach a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Vista Home Premium - Black Screen After Logon Delay In Desktop Appearence

See if Vista Startup Repair can locate any issues: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131894/vista-home-premium-black-screen-after-logon-delay-in-desktop-appearence/
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot get to my desktop as this black screen is preventing me to do so.

It doesn't even give me enough time to log in!
It happened once before but it magically started to work the other time.
This never happened when I was still using the stock 640GB HDD that the laptop came with. So maybe I'm thinking it's because of my SSD having problems?

Fortunately, I can still get to Safe Mode and it says I got a BSOD and here's some details that it showed:

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800170F5D6

I went to Event Viewer and took a look on what made my computer mess up and it says that winlogon.exe and Explorer. initiated the restart of my computer and said there was no reason for it.

A:Black Screen appears 2 secs after Logon Screen shown

This will probably be moved to http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/.

Follow http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information to better assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207397-black-screen-appears-2-secs-after-logon-screen-shown.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi people, i've just registered to this forum to ask you about this, Since i've made a registry defrag with TuneUp Utilities (which probably has gone wrong), when i reset the computer, and I logon to my user, it shows a black screen, then back at the logon screen. If I do it again, the user doesn't show up anymore!
It happened three times already, i had to make new users, and i'm sick of it. Any ideas of what could it be?

A:Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!

Welcome!

Yet another case of registry defraggers causing harm. In the future, you know now to stay far away from them.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before TuneUp utilities. If that doesn't work, it will be time for a repair install.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98727-black-screen-after-login-some-seconds-then-back-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I played Dead Island for about and hour or so the other day with no problem I decided to play it again today After about mins of Screen(no Black Screen + Grey signal) playing the screen just went grey There was some lines but I Grey Screen + Black Screen(no signal) cant remember if they were horizontal or vertical I could still Grey Screen + Black Screen(no signal) hear some sounds but I couldn't do anything besides restart my computer by hitting the button I just though it was a random bug from the game considering the bugged release of the game so I just went and watched a movie I came back and started it up again After about mins my screen just went blank and said quot no signal quot Like with the first time I could hear sounds but the only thing I could do was restart I also played some TF and minecraft with no problem Is this hardware related or just the game Edit I also played a game of League of Legends and that was fine aswell

A:Grey Screen + Black Screen(no signal)

Could also be drivers for graphics card. Please post full system specs and follow these instructions even if you do not have BSOD's. The logs will tell us more..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/grey-screen-black-screen-no-signal-599366.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hello for all, yesterday when i was making log out from my computer, there is no log out screen!! just black screen and mouse cursor, and when i did restart again , no logon screen appears or no any thing in screen , just black screen and mouse cursor too.

I was tried every thing and no difference :
safe mode
startup repair
restore to some point (i dont have a point)
upgrade windows or reinstall it

i think the things maybe was made this poblem are :
i was edited userinit.exe value from registry by deleting the comma from the end of its value.
i used Windows 7 manager to make some clean and fixes some things on computer.

any help please??

Iam a programmer and have alot of projects and i cant access the

A:no logon screen with black screen and mouse

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223966-no-logon-screen-black-screen-mouse.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Now before you all link me to other places with the same problem mine is a little different I turn on the computer Monitor before signal logon loses screen goes past the bios screen as normal does the windows loading screen as normal then the screen goes black and the quot No Signal quot message is displayed Now here is Monitor loses signal before logon screen why it is different I type in my password and press enter without being able to see and wait for the logon sound to play then if I unplug monitors cable I hear Monitor loses signal before logon screen the noise of windows telling me a device has been disconnected I plug it Monitor loses signal before logon screen back in again the device connection noise then plays and low and behold there is the desktop I have been running Windows build for roughly about three weeks until this started happening about one week ago MONITOR ViewSonic VX wm GPU Sapphire HD mb - Also I have noticed too after logging randomly Aero will disable itself I have to open the 'Personalize' option and run the troubleshoot to get it to fix itself again I assume this is the correct section as I am experiencing visual issues Apologies if this is not the correct section Any suggestions are much appreciated Thanks

A:Monitor loses signal before logon screen

This could be down to a number of issues. In no particular order, these are graphics and/or monitor drivers, a faulty graphics card, faulty monitor cable. If your graphics card has another port, try to connect to that one. Do you use a DVI-VGA adapter plug? If so, it is possible that this has become damaged (I've had this issue with mine). Fortunately, they are cheap and easily replaced. If your card requires additional power, ensure that this is connected and that the card is correctly seated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/20201-monitor-loses-signal-before-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys, i use a sony vaio laptop, model VGN-NR11S/S, with windows vista home premium installed. I noticed that when booting with a CD in it, it stops at the loading bar screen (black screen) and does not continue booting except i remove the CD.

The problem now is that it does not boot beyond the loading bar screen anymore with or without a CD in the system. I cant use the system again, i need suggestions to get the system functioning. Thanks.

A:windows vista not booting to logon screen, stops at loading bar screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-booting-to-logon-screen-stops-at-loading-bar-screen.868579/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi everyone! I was installing a new theme from custopack tools and suddenly my dell x64 laptop (Build 7601 windows 7 sp1 installed) crashed on me. Most probably due to the loose power adapter wire. Now i cant get it back to work. It goes fine till the logon screen but then the screen turns black. I can see the mouse pointer. Same thing happens when i login with safemode settings. Anyone familiar with this!

A:Black screen after the logon screen

You know we could run a lot of complicated procedures, but I think a repair install is your quickest direct route to just looking at your desktop again.
Repair Install
^^^detailed instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/177271-black-screen-after-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 83.42%

This doesn't quite fit into the BSOD section, because it's not really a black screen of death.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64x,
ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card
4 Gb Ram
And an Intel 2 Quad.

What happens is the windows boot screen appears, then I get a black screen with a mouse cursor.

If I hit "Enter" on my keyboard, then type my password, windows boots onto my desktop.

So really the log on screen is still there...it's just kind of not.

If there are more details I should post please let me know.

~
James

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-instead-of-logon-screen-can-still-log-on-660886.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

I updated my ATI HD 5770 drivers today, and rebooted. Afterwards, the login screen sound played, but nothing was visible.

I booted into safe mode and deleted the video drivers and attempted to install some working ones - the same issue occured (Windows Update).

Can anyone give me a hand in finding the correct drivers to install?

Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5770

Cheers :)

A:Video card drivers - black screen on login screen

Resolved. I was a retard and didn't realize it was showing the desktop on my TV which was on a different display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-drivers-black-screen-on-login-screen-676105.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Well this just No Black screen, signal happened twice to me now and I m not sure weather to report it as a Vista problem or not I just turned on my computer and started surfing the web going to my favorite manga reading site when my screen suddenly goes black and says no singal I check to see if its my plug comming undone but no its still inside I try to turn off my computer but it won t shut off so I have to unplug it When I plug it back in it already starts and promts Black screen, No signal me to start Windows either in safe mode or normal I click normal when Vista starts up and as soon as I click on firefox I get the black screen again and have to unplug and plug in my computer again Black screen, No signal Now its working so far My computer recently got repaired from a blue screen of death back in August I have a feeling it was due to Star Craft Black screen, No signal that it couldn t handel My computer is a HP Pavilion slimline s f e Quad Core GB RAM GB HD NVidia Geforce GS Windows Vista bit home Premium Every time the black screen happens I can t seem to push the power button on the top to turn off my computer Oh and when I had the blue screen last time I took it to the quot geek squad quot in Best Buy and they couldn t find the problem so they just reinstalled Vista and gave me Norton nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

I bought my computer half year ago, and it was fine, but after changing the monitor, whenever i enter a non-windowed mode game, it will randomly black screen and the rate is pretty high...

and when I start the game, I alt-tab back to window mode, it black screen again...

while black screen, i can still hear the game's music and so i am sure the game is running... since my heroes are dead when i can see them...

I end up pressing the monitor on & off button to tried to get it back to normal, after a few times, like around 10++, i finally manage to see vga input signal = active ...

the previous work just fine, which bought in half year ago too...

monitor: hp widescreen crystal bright 19", HPw1907
Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.67Ghz
2Gb ram
nvidia 8500 GT
vista home premium 32bit

Please... in need of help really...

A:Alt tab + black screen + no vga signal

some additional information...

I just format my computer and it doesn't fix the problem, its my first time format and re-install a window vista OS, so i am not sure if it is CLEAN in FORMAT, i didn delete the partition, juz format it.

I am not sure for 1 thing, the new monitor should be fine at the beginning, after i install a program remover and I remove a nvidia phantom driver... accidentally hit it... does it affect ?

Please help, I hope I didn make things more confuse then it is...

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/215656-alt-tab-black-screen-no-vga-signal.html
Relevancy 80.84%

The same thing just happened to me a few days ago. So frustrating!! I've never had any problems with my computer since having windows 7 but now it doesn't even give me the option to start in safe mode or any other mode but a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner of the screen. It doesn't recognize anything I type in (nothing comes up on the screen) or any button I hit.

Can anyone help??

A:black screen no signal

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-no-signal-582919.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Ever since I installed windows I've been going through a lot of frustrations First installation went corrupt in someway because of hybrid standby I put the pc in standby and an hour later when I resumed games started crashing I couldn't even produce a dump file for debugging the problem Second installation went smooth used it for a couple of days installed windows media package pc restarted a couple of times The third time it booted I saw win logo and then there was black screen Tried unplugging hdmi cable tried restarting nothing helped Soon after the win boot logo there would be black screen and the system didn't even respond to the keyboard Black screen, signal... No I wanted to restart the pc with the keyboard with Alt Black screen, No signal... F combination or with shutdown command nope it didn't seem to respond to keyboard Tried booting with the installation CD and use system restore apparently there were no restore points Frequent powering down might have corrupted it somehow making it invalidate the restore points Reinstalled win for the third time in the last days I stalled my drivers and apps and rebooted duh Same thing Win boot logo followed by black screen with no signal from the video out PC didn't respond to the keyboard had to power off Tried rebooting but to no avail Can anyone help me with this problem please Black screen, No signal... I've no idea what I should do now I can't use the tool available on this website to extract the logs as I can't possibly see anything and the system doesn't respond to the keyboard There is no safe mode booting Is there a way I can boot without loading the drivers I'm using latest beta version of nvidia drivers

A:Black screen, No signal...

I've had the black screen problem in virtual machines. On earlier versions of virtualbox, it happened any time the guest additions were installed (improper driver support for Windows 8's WDDM standards, I guess). It also happened when I attempted to replace the RTM evaluation's 'aero' theme with the theme files from consumer preview (the same way you would do it with the release preview's files, which DO work).

Basically, if it fails to load DWM for any reason... bad theme files, improper drivers, corrupt data in the theme/dwm system... it will black screen.

My laptop has an nvidia GPU in it, 360m, and I use the 306.97 windows 8 driver and it functions with no problems or lag whatsoever. Have you considered not using beta drivers?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/12649-black-screen-no-signal.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 80.84%

The computer was infected with a virus or probably several Used Kaspersky and malwarebytes to remove but not sure if it's all gone Can someone read Screen Logon Black at the logs and helpout Thanks in Advance Kevin DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Roy at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Black Screen at Logon Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Norton AntiVirus enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDActiveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Shared CineTray exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system xjcm s exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDMainService exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe H Download Security Windows Cleaners DDS dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp src referrer source uStart Page about blank mSearch Page BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton antivirus norton antivirus engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll TB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No File TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File TB D BB - E - DD- AB - B D - No File uRun LDM c program files logitech desktop messenger program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun SDActiveMonitor c program files spywaredetector SDActiveMonitor exe -AUTO mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun ccApp c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun NapsterShell c program files napster napster exe systray mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech desktop messenger program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup sonicc lnk - c program files common files sonic shared CineTray exe IE FB F -F - D -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll Handler bwfile- - A - B - BC- C -C B B B ... Read more

A:Black Screen at Logon

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194100/black-screen-at-logon/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi All I have recently been experiencing a problem with my installation of Vista I rebooted my laptop and now when I try to log on I enter my password and I see the during logon Black screen quot Welcome quot screen with the spinning blue circle then the screen fades out to Black screen during logon a black screen with just the mouse cursor I have left it in this state for at least half an hour and nothing else happens Pressing Ctrl Alt Del does nothing and neither does Ctrl Shift Esc The same problem happens for both users that I have set up on the laptop I've also tried booting into Safe Mode and this doesn't help either - the same problem occurs I run Kaspersky Internet Security so I am fairly confident that it is not a virus that has caused it I haven't installed any new software recently either I would really appreciate any help that anyone can offer on this problem thanks very much in advance Alex Laptop Spec Dell XPS M Windows Vista Home Premium SP GHz Intel Core Duo Gb HDD GB RAM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-during-logon-320852.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i did a system restore as a last resort to slove some screen BLack logon drivers issues The restore went fine had no problems or error messages But when i rebooted my computer i got a message screen that gave BLack logon screen me safe mode boot BLack logon screen choies last known good config and start windows normally i have never had this screen before i have tried all the boot methods but all i ever end up with is a black screen after the windows boot screen I have gone through the BIOS and checked all the settings and they are all the same as before Before the system restore i ran windows updater to see if that would solve the problem which it did not So any help would be very helpful i am typing this from work because as of days ago i have a paper weight tower Computer Specs Vigor w power supply Asus A v mother board AMD barton core CPU GB Corsair XM DDR PC- WD GB RPM SeaGate GB RPM ATI Raedon pro mb AGP SB Audigy zs Vantek Fan speed controller WinXP pro SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-logon-screen.328931/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am using HP Pavilion Dv9000 laptop. After logging on as usual, today I see a black screen with windows explorer opened. No start up bar or anything else. I can browse the files but do not see my desktop. I tried restarting in Safe Mode and went into msconfig to disable all start up programs but that doesnt help, any thoughts? Please help me.

A:HP Black Screen after logon

This is the same problem I'm having right now if someone know nhows to fix please let us know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-black-screen-after-logon-401743.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Alright so I ve searched and searched for an answer to the issue I m having with my laptop and have found many people with a very similar problem to mine but none of them that are the same and therefore I have yet to find an answer to this dilemma Operating System Windows XP Laptop HP Compaq b Issue When I turn on my computer everything After Screen Black Logon loads properly I get to the login screen insert my password Black Screen After Logon and immediately following this the computer screen stays on for - seconds before going black The monitor is actually turned off completely at this time It s pitch black there s no cursour or mouse ctrl alt delete does nothing I have pressed every combination of buttons to get the screen to come back to life but nothing happens I have tried turning on and off the computer still nothing I have unplugged the battery and plugged it back in HOWEVER the computer boots fine in safe mode so I know this has nothing to do with the monitor best buy told me that it was probably something to do with the operating systems after my computer was completely scanned for viruses and none were found I have no idea where to go from here Im starting to believe the only solution would be to reboot windows onto the computer but I do not want to have to do this unless I absolutely have to If anyone knows the solution to this problem or anything I can try that I haven t already please let me know Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I see this has been asked a few times but the threads never seem to Screen Black after Logon get to an answer that can help me directly so I'm posting my own Black Screen after Logon issue here My brother in law has a laptop he did a windows update and now once he logs in he gets a black screen with a working cursor and nothing else It will load into safe mode but safe mode doesn't actually let me do anything The startup repair came up with nothing and there are no fall-back reversion points I e to take comp back to before it did the Black Screen after Logon updates Note I Black Screen after Logon have my B-I-L's comments that he was doing windows updates I wouldn't put it past him if he was duped into downloading a 'critical' update that was actually the complete opposite If I could do anything on the comp I would do a malware scan but can't so didn't By following instructions in another thread I was able to get a FRST log which i've included below Does this sense to anyone Thanks in advance for any help light shedding Cheers John Mod Edit Removed FRST log data malware tool NOT USED in this forum - Hamluis

A:Black Screen after Logon

Try using the system file checker as detailed here: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/run-sfc-offline-windows-7-vista/. Run a full scan on the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566119/black-screen-after-logon/
Relevancy 80.84%

My Windows 7 started going to black screen after logon, I presume it started after my power went down suddenly.
Anyway, I re-installed Windows 7 and it persisted. Then I installed Windows 8 preview to try something different and the same thing kept on happening.
Also, half the time my computer won't even boot at all, I push the power button, hear the computer starting but the screen doesn't even turn on and it behaves like there is no input.
System and startup repair attempts have failed and I also can't restore the earlier version through the installation disc for some reason.
Any ideas?

A:Black screen after logon

Now it's stuck at the welcome screen of Windows 8 at one screen while the other screen is black (I have two screens connected)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-logon.1064175/
Relevancy 80.84%

FIRST OF ALL I'M A NEWBIE IN THEME INSTALLATION AND I DO NOT HAVE MASTERY REGARDING THE MATTER AT HAND I am recently trying to use a theme for my laptop but here's what happened after all that i did black screen appears after i logon at the start up This is my second time to use a theme other than the factory default At first it logon.... after Black screen was successful but i wanted to do more too much editing happened So i tried to change the logon screen and then Black screen after logon.... it worked the next thing i did was to install a new program photoshop then when i restarted my laptop it started to hang At first it was repaired by windows but upon repair my theme went back into a classic theme all default themes work but not those which i installed if i use the Black screen after logon.... theme i installed it Black screen after logon.... reverts into a classic theme So attempting to change that i downloaded a theme installer an easier way to change explorer exe and other files needed editing for the theme to work I pressed reset to original files then my taskbar just disappeared and i cant access my computer or even run a command promt I restarted my laptop and after i logon in the startup it just goes black with a mouse on the screen PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE IMPORTANT FILES THAT I NEED FOR MY MANUSCRIPT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

A:Black screen after logon....

Startup Repair

This is only option, I can think of on the top of head, when you can't fully access your computer and you don't want to do a complete reinstall of your system.

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258464-black-screen-after-logon.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Every time I start windows xp the loading screen loads then on the logon screen it just stays black with the cursor.

Help please. pretty please with cherries on top!!

I have named this problem....BLACK SCREEN OF CERTAIN DEATH...

A:Black Logon Screen!! HELP!!!!!

Since you have mentioned this in your other thread it will be dealt with there so I am closing this, as it constitutes a duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-logon-screen-help.1005751/
Relevancy 80.41%

my accelerator is set to zero. I am using Gadwin print screen to capture streaming video.

it works for all other screen cap apps, but I get a black screen for video.

Any suggestions???

A:(Resolved) Black screen doing video screen captures..

Aha!! I set my accelerator in WMP to zero and that fixed it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-black-screen-doing-video-screen-captures.135031/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have an older dell 4600, and i hooked it up to 3 different monitors and i get no screen. I just get "no signal", and a black screen.

If anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it

thanks

A:Plain black screen - no signal?

3 different monitors, I would guess the graphics card gave up. Would you have another old computer, where you can take the card out and test this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plain-black-screen-no-signal.999342/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I really hope someone out there can help me with this issue that i am having No screen crash, Signal Black with my computer whilst i am playing world of warcraft I seem to be getting a black screen after a random period of time and then the no signal sign pops up the problem seems to intermittent for the most part but recent seems to be crashing after minutes i have read the forums and tried out the suggested methods on them ie update drivers uninstall reinstall graphic card but the problem still persists i have downloaded speedfan to monitor gpu temperatures but that is not presenting me with enough proof that the card is at fault at least not enough to justify the expense of a new card operating system Windows home premium -bit system manufacturer packard bell system model ixtreme m processor intel core quad cpu q GHz memory mb ram running direct x video card No Signal crash, Black screen Nvdia geforce gt let me just say that No Signal crash, Black screen i am hopeless with technical terminology and finding my way around a pc so please help me with my problem but also keep it simple hopefully this issue can be resolved with me spending a fortune on a new graphics card etc

A:No Signal crash, Black screen

A way to test the graphic card is to use the GPU test in OCCT
OCCT (OverClock Checking Tool) 3.0.0 download from Guru3D.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154724-no-signal-crash-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello people!

I've recently bought a new graphics card (Asus GTX 980) and updated to windows 10, since then, every time I try to start a game or run a benchmark my screen (a Tv connected with HDMI) goes black and says no signal. It forces me to keep pressing the off button on my pc to turn it off and when I start my pc up again, my gpu driver crashes, to fix that, I restart my pc again and it's fine again, but I still can't game/run benchmarks

I have tried changing the hdmi cable around, another tv/monitor, another HDMI cable, but I'm pretty sure its my gpu or it's drivers,

I have the latest gpu drivers,

My pc;
intel core I7 @ 3.6 ghz
Msi military class 4 B85M-E43 motherboard
8Gb of Ram
Asus GTX 980 (my previous one was a Zotac GT 730)

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Greetings!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-game-my-screen-goes-black-and-says-no-signal.1164378/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I recently built a screen boot no Black after signal computer for my first time It was running fine whilst playing Arma dayZ and dawn of war I then installed Star Wars The Old Republic and everything went on fine Black screen no signal after boot until I went to play the game The screen went black and the no signal message came up on my tv I could not do anything so I just turned my computer off and then back on again When I then went to boot again in Normal mode it just shows the windows logo and then does the same thing I have tried booting it in safe mode and this works fine I don't think it is anything to do with my monitor as it works in safe mode and also it's my tv which works with DVDs and anything on TV Could it possibly be something to do with the drivers Although I have been playing other games fine until now Or could it possibly be something such as a corrupt file or the game installed something else which won't work Someone also suggested that it might be something to do with the power going into the computer They said it could be putting too mcuh power into it and it would cut out Any help would be much appreciated as I am still quite new to building PCs and stuff Thanks Brad I could also put in my system specs if you guys need it

A:Black screen no signal after boot

Try it: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260735-black-screen-no-signal-after-boot.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Since last week I?ve been having this problem with my Vista. I start it up and instead of the logon screen as usual I get a gray screen with movable cursor. Tried to wait a few minutes, still stuck. I hard restart it to try safe mode, which turns out to work. I can only boot it this way. System recovery didn?t help, neither did the -load last known good config- option. My antivirus/reg cleaner/antispyware scans just finished, it looks clean.

Any ideas about what causes this or how to fix it? I would like to avoid Win reinstall if not necessary.

A:Stuck at black screen before logon

Two links that might help:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...d-128441.shtml
http://www.prevx.com/blog.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stuck-at-black-screen-before-logon-438209.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I had a crash while syncing my ipod to itunes. Both my computer and my ipod froze while the sync was about half way complete. So I had to unplug the ipod and also do a hard boot of my computer. Ever since, my screen goes black shortly after logging on to Windows. Nothing responds after this until I reboot again with the same results. I can, however, boot up in safe mode with no problem.

I was going to do a repair install however my XP cd is an older cd and will not complete the repair install. I have a new Vista upgrade cd that I haven't installed yet. Is this a no-no to try the Vista install? Or should I wait to fix the black screen problem first?

A:Black Screen shortly after logon

If you like XP I would recommend sticking with it and trying a system restore. Power up and tap F8 after first screen text appears. Select Safe Mode. A box will pop up which should walk you through the process.
Vista is a whole different kind of beast, but if you are desperate I don't think upgrading would be a no-no.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-shortly-after-logon-486040.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I thought I was going to love Win Brand new Dell Vostro of them at a school Dell support is of course useless so far First they told me it was a software issue and therefore not their problem My second pointer with screen logon Black after attempt was fruitless for different Black screen with pointer after logon reasons So Updated Installed apps Joined domain Fine nothing unusual Then it starts giving me a blank screen with only a pointer AFTER I logon to a domain account If I let it sit for ten minutes the GUI loads just fine CTL ALT DEL doesn't work But if I turn sticky keys on I can get to a window that will let me type explorer exe and then it loads instantly It does not seem to effect local profiles At first I thought this was a Kaspersky error so I restored the factory image several times trying to track down where the problem pops up After much testing it seems that this happens whether Kaspersky is installed or not I read this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t black-screen-of-death and tried to delete the event logs but it tells me that SYSTEM is hanging on to the file so I can't delete it I logged on locally and deleted the domain account profiles When I tried to log in with them again it said I was logged into a temporary profile This happened repeatedly even after restarts The event viewer says that the winlogon notification subscriber is taking too long to handle the notification event StartShell There are also tons of Session 'Circular Kernel Content Logger' failed to start with the following error x This has happened on all of these machines that I have unpacked of the total in the order I ran the Prevx fixshell that seemed as if it was intended for this issue but it didn't work I also saw a MS update KB that seemed related but apparently it is already installed Any advice is appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Black screen with pointer after logon

It looks to me like a Dell problem! This has happened on all 5 of these machines that I have unpacked of the 11 total in the order.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299737/black-screen-with-pointer-after-logon/
Relevancy 79.98%

OK A few days ago my computer kept freezing and I rebooted it 7 times to finally get it working. I removed about 40Gb of crap (mainly files) that were still present on my machine. Last night it happened again and I did the same. Only this time when I log in to my account I can't do anything. There's no desktop. Just a curser. Nothing else.

The first time I just used CTRL+ALT+DEL and closed dwm.exe which I guess restarted itself because I could use the desktop freely again. The same incident happened again this morning however I cannot access the security screen via CTRL+ALT+DEL.

I am able to run everything in safe mode so it's not a core issue (I hope). I was able to activate the Hidden Admin however the same problem persists across both accounts.

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi There

I have a black screen before windows logon with a cursor, all safe mode options have the same thing, tried last known config + low res. any ideas?

Ken

A:Black Screen before windows logon

Mainly this problem occurs because of video adapter. So, first check it properly. Else try the below remedy for this problem:
First click on the task manager and then click on start task manager. Just then click on the processes tab -> explorer.exe -> end process.
Now click on file -> run. A text box will open in front of you, enter explorer.exe and press ok then.
Now click on the start button and type device manager into it. Then select it from the list. Just then double click on Display adapters and then click on update driver software and follow the steps to update the drivers.
If still the problem not solved then check the registry issues. Else run system restore and boot it in safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569613/black-screen-before-windows-logon/
Relevancy 79.98%

Since last week Iīve been having this problem with my Vista. I start it up and instead of the logon screen as usual I get a gray screen with movable cursor. Tried to wait a few minutes, still stuck. I hard restart it to try safe mode, which turns out to work. I can only boot it this way. System recovery didnīt help, neither did the -load last known good config- option. My antivirus/reg cleaner/antispyware scans just finished, it looks clean.

Any ideas about what causes this or how to fix it? I would like to avoid Win reinstall if not necessary.

A:Stuck at black screen before logon

Maybe go to the run command in Windows and type in "msconfig" ....................... have a look at the startup menu and see if there is anything there that looks suspicious or out of place.

You can deselect anything here say one by one and see if that gets you past the black screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-black-screen-before-logon.882835/
Relevancy 79.98%

I turned on XP logon, black after etc. no screen mouse, my XP black screen after logon, no mouse, etc. computer this morning and after getting the normal logon screen everything turned black no mouse or anything else I read about similar problems that have the mouse or task bar or at least something but I get nothing The monitor light stays on showing it s getting a signal Tried rebooting several times One time I did see the normal desktop appear for a split second after the computer was sitting untouched for a while so thought it might be the video card I went to safe mode and did a system restore thinking that might fix something Safe mode ran fine so I don t think it s the monitor or graphics card After System Restore I started Windows in normal mode and now it blacks out before even giving me the logon screen I m running XP home sp on a Core duo with a geforce card Never had any problems before Any help would be appreciated Thx nbsp

A:XP black screen after logon, no mouse, etc.

if you have a flat screen monitor the problem may be that your monitor doesn't support the screen resolution you are using in normal mode. to check borrow a regular monitor just long enough to test if screen comes up is so change resolution settings then plug into your monitor. I have done this on one other system and it was the fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-black-screen-after-logon-no-mouse-etc.986840/
Relevancy 79.98%

I just updated Windows XP Pro this morning I Logon/Welcome Screen black Windows is have autoupdates on so I have all previous updates of Windows Anyway updates installed fine I was prompted to reboot the computer I closed all other programs and rebooted Windows loads fine then when I hit the welcome screen Windows Logon/Welcome Screen is black my monitor goes blank displays an quot out of range quot warning I reboot normally the welcome screen is completely black aside from my mouse icon which responds normally I reboot my computer Windows Logon/Welcome Screen is black in safe mode only get a welcome screen login do a system restore to the point right before the updates I reboot in safe mode again but the welcome screen is black again I reboot in all the other possible methods to load windows safe mode safe mode networking safe mode command VGA mode etc Everything results in a black screen with the mouse icon So basically because my computer is password protected I cannot log in since i get no prompt watso ever to even log into Its finals week not a good time to not have the computer for an entire day Help please Btw my monitor is a brand new ViewSonic VX Windows Logon/Welcome Screen is black my video card is a nVidia MB GeForce MX w TV Out My other comp specs just incase you need em ghz Intel Pentium w HT mb DDR ram nbsp

A:Windows Logon/Welcome Screen is black

Have you tried repairing your install from your windows disk?

If you know of someone with a monitor that does high res you may want to see if you can hook it up to that and make your resolution lower after the repair. Try setting it to 800x600 if you can. Then hook it back up to your monitor. I don't know why it would just change though that seems to be what your first problem was.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-logon-welcome-screen-is-black.18106/
Relevancy 79.98%

Quick info summed the text below in points Happens after he logs in to user Screen logon Black AFTER his administrator account his own computer WinXP Pro SP Happened after finishing a download of an anime episode using Bitlord probably latest release Hardware unknown possible updated later Hi first of all I searched forum and looked through various topics to find if someone else had this problem I found people who had black screen problems BEFORE login screen even appeared Second of all this problem is not on my computer I am looking for help to be able to help my brother out which lives about miles from here and Black Screen AFTER user logon suddenly got this problem after downloading an anime episode I'm not entirely sure what anime it was but I assume it doesn't matter since he never even started the file so there is no way it could suddenly jump his computer without even being executed Just for the record I believe it was either Eclipse Claymore DB Naruto DB Bleach or K-F One Piece where only the Claymore episode would be downloaded from a public tracker Right now I'm not sure what hardware he uses and since he doesn't keep much track of what he has he just play games most of the time he usually gets help from various people to chose good parts - Not dual core - XP SP - Motherboard supports crossfire gfx - Over ghz processor - Over or around GB disc storage For the moment I'd like to know if there are any common solutions from people who have encountered the same problem - Thanks for reading

A:Black Screen AFTER user logon

Hello Pandanton, Welcome to TSF!

BitLord is a P2P download facility, and unfortunately we cannot assist you with faults caused by P2P programs, as it is strictly against the TSF Rules.

The TSF Rules are available here for you to reaquaint yourself with them.

This Thread is now Closed!

Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-user-logon-172645.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I turned on my computer this morning and after getting the normal logon screen, everything turned black, no mouse or anything else (I read about similar problems that have the mouse or task bar or at least something, but I get nothing). The monitor light stays on, showing it's getting a signal.

Tried rebooting several times. One time I did see the normal desktop appear for a split second after the computer was sitting untouched for a while, so thought it might be the video card.

I went to safe mode and did a system restore, thinking that might fix something. Safe mode ran fine, so I don't think it's the monitor or graphics card.

After System Restore, I started Windows in normal mode and now it blacks out before even giving me the logon screen.

I'm running XP home, sp3 on a Core 2 duo, with a geforce 7100 card. Never had any problems before.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

A:XP black screen after logon, no mouse, etc.

Hi ttiguy,

Perform a "Check-Disk Repair" on your computer and see if this helps. If this process doesn't fix the problem, try performing a "Windows Repair" and see if windows repair resolves your issues. Good luck and hopefully you will get your computer issues fixed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-black-screen-after-logon-no-mouse-etc-559425.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I just want to help all who have suffered from this virus When your machine boots up Press Ctr Alt Del A box will come up with task manager Click on run new task and type quot explorer exe quot Your desktop should appear now Then go to your C drive look under C windows the look for folder Temp Empty this folder Then look in the folder above it should be tasks In this folder delet all the tasks You will probably find one that wont allow you to delete Right the name or lettes down mine was a Qenrm Logon Virus Black Screen after exe yours might differ slightly now Ctr Alt Del again once the task manager box is chosen click on the Black Screen after Logon Virus process tab and find that file Qenrm exe or whatever yours is called and end the task you should now be able to delete the file in your task file on the C windows Tasks folder You should then if you have CC Cleaner free check the startup files to delete that file from startup If you dont go to search on windows tab type msconfig exe when windows opens choose startup files and untick Qenrm exe apply and when you restart all should be well Thank you I hope this will help a lot of you out there with this headache

A:Black Screen after Logon Virus

Hi MrBigShow,

Some nice information, however the easier way is to just run the computer in safemode, and then try and diffuse the problem.

Deleting an infected file is however not enough, it will most likely create another instance of itself, creating a new process and a new autostart entry, or registry entry for that matter. All autostartitems won't be available in the autostart as you may know. So you really need to find out what virus you're dealing with to take appropriate actions.

But as I said, some nice information :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-logon-virus-588361.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi

Im having the exact same problem, only I had the DVI connection working on my Hyundai Q321, then changed my TV to a Hyundai Q320 and can't get it working.

Im finding it extremely difficult to find a fix for this, I have tried 4 different graphics cards.

2 x Geforce 5600FX
1 x ATI Radeon 9600XT
1x Sapphire X1550 512MB

All of these get a screen at the BIOS but then fails at the windows log in. I've even tried wiping XP and installing Vista over the top but still with no joy.

A:Black screen at Windows logon.

What problem? There is no link to another thread so we have no idea what the problem is.........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-at-windows-logon.86084/
Relevancy 79.98%

Before I begin sorry I am very illiterate when it comes to computers so this may be frustrating So when I turn on my computer it loads and then it gets to the logon screen and stays black So right now I m in safe mode This happened after I uninstalled SpyBot I don t no whether it is just a coincidence or it actually had something to do with it I looked around and did the highjack this and here are my reults Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Screen LogOn remains black Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe LogOn Screen remains black C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Pratik Patel Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software LogOn Screen remains black Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet LogOn Screen remains black Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride microweb localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - lt default gt - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG win ini load F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - C CF - F- - AC-E D C C - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP TGT BHO dll O - Toolbar File Print FedEx Kinko s - f- d - c -b -b ffa e - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Winupdate C WINDOWS system svchost exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -Hide O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run Performance Center C Program Files Ascentive Performance Center ApcMain exe -m O - HKUS S- - - Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Picasa Media Detect... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-screen-remains-black.707790/
Relevancy 79.55%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 79.12%

So my prob is that every time i try to do something on my computer like watch videos ect my screen after a while sometimes hour sometimes mins turns black and just shows no signal or just black I have no idea what to do I tried to virus scan spybot search over and over obviously it not the prob I tryed to run windows in safe mode and then [shows signal] no turns black Screen it only happens in hours or so i have this prob for a while now so i even noticed Screen turns black [shows no signal] the time gap could the problem Screen turns black [shows no signal] be in my video card damaged or something And if theres any way to enable sound in windows safe mode i could use my pc then without any problems and yes i know safe mode is for troubleshot'n only but im not going to visit porn sites or such in other words-safe pasword protected sites ect please help me Screen turns black [shows no signal] i really dont have a clue what to do

A:Screen turns black [shows no signal]

Post all hardware specs, including power supply wattage and brand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-turns-black-shows-no-signal-399028.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I can boot fine in safe mode, then I tried disabling the display adapter and rebooted. This worked fine, turned it back on rebooted and it boots to black screen, then eventually says no signal and automatically reboots.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue? I did download the new nVidia driver for my card (GTX 570) but that was a few days ago, and it has been working fine up until today. So I don't really know what the issue is then.

Any body know how I would go about fixing this?

EDIT: Tried a clean installation of the latest nVidia drivers and still no luck.

A:PC boots then turn to black screen/no signal

Quote: Originally Posted by BarTmaN

I can boot fine in safe mode, then I tried disabling the display adapter and rebooted. This worked fine, turned it back on rebooted and it boots to black screen, then eventually says no signal and automatically reboots.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue? I did download the new nVidia driver for my card (GTX 570) but that was a few days ago, and it has been working fine up until today. So I don't really know what the issue is then.

Any body know how I would go about fixing this?

EDIT: Tried a clean installation of the latest nVidia drivers and still no luck.

Have a look at this thread here http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...-boots-up.html It may be of use to you

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/194432-pc-boots-then-turn-black-screen-no-signal.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey I've been trying to trouble shoot this pc and so far I have the PC boot up CPU fans run, CD drive light blink, HDD spin etc but the screen shows it getting no signal. I have tried using a graphics card over the onboard video but the system doesn't have enough power to power the card. I think its a 250w psu. Have switched HDDs, switched ram, and cleared CMOS and still getting the same black screen as well as the lights on the keyboard flash for a second and the mouse light does not light u. Also switched between a working monitor and a tv with VGA input tried both VGA and DVI. Its an Acer M1201 AM1201

A:Computer does not boot, black screen(no signal)

Is the system speaker giving you any "beep codes"?

Do you have a spare GPU to try out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299151-computer-does-not-boot-black-screen-no-signal.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey Lately I ve had a problem with my computer where it suddenly crashes to a black screen The problem started when I was playing Rome Total War but has later manifested itself in all kind games The way it goes is this I play the game the keep fans "no goes signal" Screen running. then to black, screen goes black I can hear my friends on skype for a Screen goes black, then to "no signal" fans keep running. couple of seconds before I fall out of the chat the screen says no signal and I have to restart my PC to get it back working It never happens when im just browsing or watching movies Something special I have been playing GTA V for a couple of days now and it never crashed once As soon as I joined my friends in GTA Online it kept happening again but only on GTA Online Things I have done I have ran stress tests for GPU CPU PSU and motherboard but I cannot seem to recreate the problem I have formated the PC Windows I have swapped to a new graphics card gtx and bought a new PSU So does anyone know what this could be Specs Motherboard ASUS P Z -V LX Socket- RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz GB CL CPU Intel Core i - Processor GPU Asus GeFOrce GTX gb PSU Cooler Master G M W PSU HDD Kingston SSDNow V GB OEM HDD WD Desktop Green TB

A:Screen goes black, then to "no signal" fans keep running.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574372/screen-goes-black-then-to-no-signal-fans-keep-running/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone I m new in the forums and sorry for my gaming crash signal) Black (no screen when english Well I m having trouble with my computer from several months ago It Black screen (no signal) crash when gaming used to run Black screen (no signal) crash when gaming every game flawlessly but since past summer approx almost every game I try to play crashes to a black screen with the no signal floating text and the last sound played loops rapidly making a buzzing sound for - seconds Keyboard doesn t respond and I ve to reboot computer manually This happen with all games even games that doesn t gave any problem before It s weird because it s random for some games but for others it happens in right the same places conditions Sometimes I can play L D for more than one hour without any issue but other times I can t play even minutes without crashing It s worse with Dead Space it always crahes at the same point but if I just do nothing it can run for hours i e I don t play just watch the screen while the game is running It s very frustrating because it happens also with old games like GTR wich never ever give any problems now it crashes too The only games that doesn t crash are Portal Back to the Future Episode and maybe Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising but I m not sure about this one because I have not played much lately I ve tried almost everything and find no solution I ve updated graphic drivers new versions old stable versions uninstalling previous in safe mode with Driver Sweeper tested the GPU with furmark for an hour without any issue temps maxed at C tested the CPU with Prime for two hours without a problem temp maxed at C rum memory tests with memtest for a complete night without fails tested my HDD using the manufacturer tools updated directx updated sound drivers updated motherboard drivers updated network drivers turned off Aero theme turned off antivirus software clean boot anything Nothing worked it s still crashing when I m gaming There is much people with this same problem but I haven t seen anybody getting the sollution Ask any additional information you need Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello all first time posting here I've been having some issues with my computer crashing It normally occurs when playing a game mostly minecraft and while I'm listening to pandora When the crash occurs there is no signal to my monitor and a buzzing occurs through the speakers for a couple seconds and then stops Here is my system copied from system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name ------------ System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model A E System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version buzzing, Black no monitor signal and to screen, Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name ---------------------- Time Zone Pacific Daylight Black screen, buzzing, and no signal to monitor Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys More info is probably needed so please let me know what else I should do Thanks a lot in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-buzzing-and-no-signal-to-monitor-583327.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So recently my computer one day just started up and after i logged on black screen for a few minutes but i can move my cursor. When i also play a game called Rift it sometimes tell's me my Direct3D is missing and I can't run the graphics on med on Rift or any other game. I tried to reinstall my grahpics driver but nothing happened. and i dont have any unknown drivers.

Relevancy 79.12%

I have XP Pro and since my reinstall I have not been able to disable the Windows XP Logon screen This is the standard quot type quot username and password I have disabled the logon in the users area on the control panel and only have one user administrator Any help My other problem that I cant seem to figure out is as of recently one boot up it will goto the Windows XP startup screen with the logo and the bar and Logon Startup XP Excessive Screen Black on the lower side directly after that screen it goes to a flat black screen for - minutes Which is far excessive for this computer and it has always been extremely fast bootup At first I thought it was toasted because of the wait so I walked away and it was on and at the logon screen Does anyone have ideas on either of these problems Oh and on the side what antivirus Excessive Black Startup Screen and XP Logon is good to run I dont want to skimp on protection Excessive Black Startup Screen and XP Logon but I dont want something overloading my system I currently am running Trend Micro on the Desktop and AVG on my laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/excessive-black-startup-screen-and-xp-logon-163558.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi. I was infected with Antivirus 2009 or something similar about a week ago. Ran malwarebytes (I think that's the correct name) and have had no problems since. I was scanning some photos when the program shut down and went to blue screen with message that windows had encountered a problem and shut down. I turned off my laptop and tried to reboot but have gotten nothing but a blank, black screen. No cursor, no login info, no options. Have tried F8. Have removed and reinserted RAM. Tried starting up with and without battery. Tried connecting to external monitor.

My laptop is an HP dv1660se running Windows XP Home with SP3.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Additional info: My antivirus software is eset NOD 32.

Malwarebytes removed these files: tcpservice2.exe; zserv.dll; wstart.dll

I originally posted on the virus forum and Mark suggested I post here.

A:Blank, black screen. No logon or cursor.

Have you reviewed how to use your HP software to overcome system problems?

Any tools for repairing problems...ought to be covered in the owner's manual or the HP website.

By chance...do you have a Microsoft XP CD?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201976/blank-black-screen-no-logon-or-cursor/
Relevancy 79.12%

I had a client who is triple booting 7, vista and xp. Installed each OS on separate HD. He boot on each OS by swapping HD using a HD drive bay.

Before this problem occur, he changed a keyboard and after that the PC restart and it will boot. I already tried repairing the windows 7 first using the startup repair. It was successful. But I noticed that all the HD was corrupted. Check disk runs on every HD. NTFS on each HD was corrupted. I tried to fixed each HD.

Now I am able to boot in windows 7, but I get only a black screen and only a mouse cursor. How to repair this problem w/o reformatting and reinstalling? And also I how to repair install windows 7?

Relevancy 79.12%

So got the 14965 update and sick of this happening every update thus far. I log in, it takes ages spinning the little icon the first time so I end up having to force it off. I reboot, and then I get a black screen after I login, but I can still open task manager with CTRL SHIFT ESC and start processes. However, starting explorer does nothing but opening file location opens an explorer window. Booting into safe mode works but its definitely not ideal. Anyone else got this?

A:Build 14965 Logon Black Screen

Hello Jako, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Build 14971 was released today. You might see if it may work better for you if you like.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14971 for PC

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/70090-build-14965-logon-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.12%

my pc s OS is windows xp and after prblm Boot logon black - up screen a virus attack my pc wont boot up anymore after the windows xp logo the screen stays black but i can still see the cursor the logon screen never comes i v tried the following things- using another hard disk i cleaned the virus- didn Boot up prblm - black logon screen t work safe mode doesnt work in the repair console used fixboot command- didn t work tried fixmbr command - it said my master boot record is invalid and fixed it Boot up prblm - black logon screen but pc still doesn t start checked hard disk error - no help tried to reinstall windows without formatting C drive - it didnt Boot up prblm - black logon screen work either only option left is fully format my hard drive redo the partition which i dont prefer coz im unable to back up my imp files from My Documents not sure why something to do with NTFS folder sharing security i guess i need HELP plz does anyone have any other ideas nbsp

A:Boot up prblm - black logon screen

you can try to replace your registry to see if corruption has occurred, see instructions here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-up-prblm-black-logon-screen.847447/
Relevancy 79.12%

I had a crash while syncing my ipod to itunes Both my computer and my ipod froze while the sync was about half way complete So I had to unplug the ipod and also do a hard boot of my computer Ever since my screen goes black shortly after logging on to Windows Nothing responds after this until Logon Windows after Screen shortly Black I reboot again with the same results I can however boot up in safe mode with no problem Not sure if it is a malware issue or a conflict between two programs I have attached the three scan Black Screen shortly after Windows Logon files DDS txt Attach txt and ARK log to this post I have access to a Windows Install disc Thanks for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Black Screen shortly after Windows Logon DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe Black Screen shortly after Windows Logon C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO Softonic-Eng Toolbar b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - c program files softonic-eng tbSof dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO MSN Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Nero Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files youtube downloader toolbar SearchSettings dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO DVDVideoSoft Toolbar e ec - bcc- b - -e eea f f - c program files dvdvideosoft tbDVDV dll BHO YouTube Downloader Toolbar f fee e-e - a- e - bee a - c program files youtube downloader toolbar ie youtubedownloaderToolbarIE dll BHO fdd b - d - ffb- - b ad acc - c program files microsoft money system mnyviewer dll BHO Ask Toolbar BHO fe db - ec - e- dd - c b c - c program files asktbar bar bin ASKTBAR DLL TB MSN Toolbar e ed c- cb - d -b e -ab c c - c program files msn toolbar msneshellx dll TB Nero Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB Ask Toolbar fe db - ec - e- dd - c b c - c program files asktbar bar bin ASKTBAR DLL TB DVDVideoSoft Toolbar e ec - bcc- b - -e eea f f - c program files dvdvideosoft tbDVDV dll TB Softonic-Eng Toolbar b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - c program files softonic-eng tbSof dll TB YouTube Downloader Toolbar f fee e-e - a- e - bee a - c program files youtube downloader toolbar ie youtubedownloaderToolbarIE dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe auto mPolicies-system EnableLinkedConnections x IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A B- - - AFE-EE C DA F - BF - - EC - -D B E B - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll IE BF - - EC - -D B E B - BF - - EC - -D B E B - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll IE E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - DA EE-F C- -A - E CC ... Read more

A:Black Screen shortly after Windows Logon

I have updated the Attach.zip file with ARK.txt instead of ARK.log and reattached it to this post. Sorry for the mistake.
Thanks again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/black-screen-shortly-after-windows-logon-484839.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey so this has happened on a few different systems After it has the login screen It will go to the desktop completely black no icons and a cursor Windows sign does not work nothing other then CTRL ALT DEL works but wont bring up task manager so I end up doing the quot Advanced start up quot where I Restore the system and do a fresh load but when I try to run the updates i After cursor Logon Black error and Screen get the error of quot Log file c windows system logfiles srt srttraill txt quot so I go to CMD administrator and run SFC Scannow quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service quot then chkdsk x f cannot lock current drive windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected Im confused on what to do now after those issues i ended up erasing the HDD and starting from scratch and STILL get the same issue S

A:After Logon Black Screen and cursor error

Im Also Waiting For Solution Same Problem Here

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53127-after-logon-black-screen-cursor-error.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

Just as i thought my issue's were over, it seems i got another issue.

Just played black ops 3 for a good 30minutes, then my screen went black, and few seconds later the screen posted "No Signal"
I have googled this and i have checked the event viewer, which shows alot of critical errors.
It leads to "Kernel Power ID 41"

Everything is stock currently, so no overclocking done yet.

I also was send to a thread on this forum, and some guy had the same problem, turned out it was a software issue, now i dont know if it is a software issue for me,

It could be anything really..

Asus rampage v extreme
H110i GTX
Seasonic m12ii-850 evo
16GB DDR4 GeiL
Sapphire fury x
G2460PF FREESYNC
Thanks in advance

A:Playing games for a while results in black screen with no signal.

Hi SuicidalChief, welcome to the Forum.

Check out this MS website. There are a lot of possible causes of your problem. Things like overheating, over clocking, poor power supply etc.. Read through it & see if you can find the cause.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387909-playing-games-while-results-black-screen-no-signal.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello windows Seven forums! Im new here.
I started having a black screen problem like 30 days ago.
I had this pc for 2 years, and it never happened.
It mostly happens when im playng games. Screen sudenly goes black, and pc restarts
Many people seens to have this problems, but I read it can be all kind of problems. I dont think its my psu, because its like 600w. Ive tryed everything. Wipe computer and reinstall all over again. Reinstall video drivers. Still get it. Also I checked the temperature of the cpu and gpu, and it seens ok .
Heres the dump files. Please, i beg, help me!
Thanks in advance!

A:Screen goes BLACK\NO SIGNAL then pc restarts. error 0x00000124

Hi phporto.

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80079628f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350090-screen-goes-black-no-signal-then-pc-restarts-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Okay i have a lenovo ideacentre K B screen signal Installing black Card No Graphics just machine type cpu G gb ram integrated graphics intel hd i installed a cougar cmx watt because i got a killer deal on it and Installing Graphics Card No signal just black screen i install a gigabyte radeon i have tried everything i know that i can do for this i have tried looking into my bios and no option to for the pcie also tried booting into safe mode and disabling my integrated graphics through device manger i am having trouble finding a bios update for my motherboard but once i plug the power to my graphics card and try to boot up its just stays on a black screen and the its displays no signal but once i unplug the power my computers works as normal so i figured maybe i bought a messed up card put it in my buddys computer and boom works like a charm can someone please give me advice on something i can do without having to buy another motherboard

A:Installing Graphics Card No signal just black screen

Use your intel HD 1000 and install the drivers for the card.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/55372-installing-graphics-card-no-signal-just-black-screen.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I am posting on behalf of my friend because he cannot get on but he has a cracked versions of ms office 07 and his dad accidently installed the office genuine advantage and Office SP1 and now this has happened. We have tried booting in safe mode, booting off the windows vista disk and restoring the bios back to system defaults but neither of these have worked. He has Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and his computer is an ACER Aspire.

I will be updating him with any information posted.

All help is highly appreciated.

A:Windows Vista loading screen then screen goes black

Looks like WGA got another one.
I think a format is in order.

As a side note dont put the cracked software back on.
Cheaters never prosper.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-loading-screen-then-screen-goes-black-375655.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Background A start won't black up, before login screen Vista screen. week ago on vacation I opened my HP Pavilion dv - cl a laptop Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. running Vista Home Premium SP and suddenly green and black lines began forming Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. across its screen I was later told this was a pressure crack although that is not what I m posting about Freaked out that day I turned the computer off and on several times using only the power button once foolishly interrupting a quot Startup Repair quot process Problem When I got home I hooked up the laptop to my TV so I could see what was going on After attempting to turn it on many times I eventually got the BSOD with a STOP x c f error I couldn t access the Recovery Module even to backup or Safe Mode Going into personally uncharted territory I booted from a Linux System Rescue CD to delete the TxfLog file that was apparently the cause of the problem I no longer get the BSOD I get a black screen KSOD sometimes w mouse sometimes w o after the quot yellow bar quot loading screen I still can t get into Safe Mode but I was able to use a Vista repair CD I downloaded to finally backup onto an external hard drive What I ve Done So Far I ve run chkdsk checked the memory and hard disk from BIOS options and run Startup repair I did the kind of Windows backup where everything goes to one file I d prefer not to start from scratch if I can avoid it Thanks so much for any and all help guys I appreciate it a lot Charlie

A:Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen.

I couldn't access the Recovery Module...Do you have a Recovery CD, Windows Vista CD, or Recovery Drive (partition)?What happened when you tried to access it?------------------------------------------------------------You said that you were able to backup onto an external harddrive, so important data is safe.The best option right now would probably be to re-format.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413304/vista-wont-start-up-black-screen-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I hope someone can help me out with my problem About the problem Yesterday I did a shutdown from the start menu and turned off my monitors however the computer did not shutdown and was still on after minutes so I just turned it off with the power button Today I started my computer it boots I get the instead Vista of boots black screen login to screen usual loading bar and then a black screen and not my welcome screen So I have tried the following to fix it I tried booting with last known configurations and got the same problem I tried booting in safe mode it loads for about minutes and then just stops loading I tested the memory with a memory test from Acer no Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen problems found I tried booting with a lower resolution get the same problem Just to see if its not a hardware problem I have booted a linux live cd and that worked I have an acer recovery menu but it wont let me recover to a previous point And I don't have a vista CD or recovery disk I think it was updating when I shut it down So i hope anyone has a solution for my problem if you need more information please ask and I'll answer Many thanks for reading and maby even replying to my problem Greets NiJor EDIT Somehow after waiting an hour doing nothing then rebooting into safemode worked There i could do a system restore and problem is solved

A:Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen

See if there is information on that PC on making recovery disks. I just used 2 dual layer DVD's to make recovery disks for a Compaq laptop.

Also, next time your machine boots to a completely black screen....let it stay there while it re-configures it's self. Don't be so impatient

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193975/vista-boots-to-black-screen-instead-of-login-screen/
Relevancy 78.26%

First post, but I have tried to uninstall video drivers, system restore, random registry fixes, and so forth. I also did a virus scan, showing 17 Trojans (I know, very bad). I am guessing that is how this happened, not sure though. Uninstalling the video drivers helps, until I need to restart it due to new software. Then I can sometimes get to the log in screen, but even after that, It just goes black after a few seconds. I have searched and searched all over, and have not found a fix. Any help?

A:Laptop with Vista has black screen after loading screen

Hi Hackrtanman,

firstly welcome to the forums

Can you post detailed specs of your system.

And can you try to boot into safemode and disable the video card drivers on the system from Device Manager and then restart the system and check.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/296826-laptop-vista-has-black-screen-after-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Help! I have tried many things and have not come to a solution. I do not want to reload my system if i do not have to

Here is a software installation log diagnosis I got from "startup repair"

error code 0x490

System files integrity check and repair.

When I attemp to do this thru Dos it says there is a repair pending so i cannot commence with sfc.

A:Windows 7 black screen with mouse pointer before logon.

you can perform a sfc in a command prompt from a win 7 oem cd. all win 7 cd's have the option to repair. it does not force a re-install, rather you will get options to perform a restore from a system restore point, cmd prompt, mem test, and a restore for a win restore partition. (created at oem or by win pro/ult)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-before-logon-512599.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all-
Purchased a Dell desktop with Win 8 on it through an employee purchase program. Also purchased MS Office and Photoshop Elements. When I received the computer it had no boot disc and none of the other add on software. Was instructed to call their support number that came with the unit and everything was installed via the internet except the OS and some other programs. So I have no boot disc.

OK, so I did an update to my McAfee software and I rebooted and logged on and now get the doomed black screen of death. Have a cursor. Can get to boot options (F12) or task manager but that's it. HELP please.

Thanks to all who can assist me.

A:Window 8 - Getting black screen after logon. No boot disc

Boot into safe mode to select a restore point prior to when the problem started.
http://www.dell.com/support/troubles...87&lid=4897614

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52958-window-8-getting-black-screen-after-logon-no-boot-disc.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello This is going to be my first post on this forum and i am not sure if I am posting on the right place if so feel free to delete it or move it where it belongs So here is the problem A few days mouse power to keyboard and (no no screen signal), no Black beeps, ago I connected my PC to my fathers TV Everything was working fine until I decided to change the resolution After I changed it I did not get blank screen instantly like you normally do if the resolution is not supported by the TV which is not but I found out that later Then I restarted the computer and I got quot no signal quot on the TV fans were spinning hdd was spinning my sound card glowing and no power to my keyboard or mouse I have no beeps too Black screen (no signal), no beeps, no power to mouse and keyboard but I can't say for sure because I noticed I don't have an iternal speaker Things I have done so far -Reset the CMOS -test the ram and videocard on another computer both working perfectly fine -use different cables -use different monitor that does not support that aspect ratio either and end up getting the same result -remove the GPU and plug the HDMI cable on my mobo instead same result -remove the CPU power pin to see if something different happens Yes it does fans spin for like seconds and then the PC turns off -plug and unplug HDD and SSD I can test with my brothers CPU but I will have to wait to get my thermal paste delivered to me system specs custom build OS Windows bit with bblean as default shell MOBO Asrock b m pro PSU corsair w CPU i - GPU R X XFX RAM corsair vengeance pro - - - - MHZ SSD OS is on it samsung EVO HDD WD sata blue gb SD card Asus xonar phoebus solo Note IIRC I had semi problem with this monitor before which I fixed by using my default monitor which I don't have access to ATM however I think my mouse and keyboard did power up but I am not sure at all

A:Black screen (no signal), no beeps, no power to mouse and keyboard

some boards have internal speakers now. if you ever had beeps, you know that something failed.
and switching resolutions was not the cause
besides keyboard the hdd indicator on the case might give you an idea wether windows is booting and you do have a display problem.
i'ts a good idea to take the mobo out of the case, try to get mobo+ram+gpu to work. short-circuit power on pins on the mobo with eg a screwdriver to power on.
other than that, you can only swap parts until stuff works again. ram and gpu were smart starting points. i recommend PSU next. mobo is possible, cpu failure very unlikely. 1 in 10.000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377068-black-screen-no-signal-no-beeps-no-power-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have Windows XP SP2, all drivers up to date (4Gb((3.25actualmemory)) and have been trying to get rid of brief black screen events soon after desktop appears, the monitor-(ProLite E431S) BRIEFLY displays "No Signal" then desktop re-appears and everything runs fine with no further probs, I guess it is something to do with the NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800 GTX (256MB),...once the screen has blacked out 3times at the desktop, but when it settles it does not do it again,..........Anyone heard of this before and no what causes it (and any cure) I would be grateful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-7800-gtx-256-brief-black-no-signal-screen-startup.632885/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I recently just battled the virus After Black User Removal 7; Virus in Windows Screen After Logon Win Small-NNE trj from the Anti-Phishing Domain Adviser program that was installed without my knowledge Now that it is removed Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal and I am declared virus free by Avast Malwarebyes and Spybot Search and Destroy I started my computer up in normal mode However after logging in it is just black with a white cursor I have two monitors but in case it matters there is only one cursor and it can move to either screen I cannot access crtl alt del for the task manager and it just sits and sits I didn't have the patience Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal to wait more than ten minutes because I know its not supposed to do that Prior to the virus issue it booted in less than thrity seconds all the way to my desktop Oh and the time from log-in to supposed desktop screen is longer than usual but still not more than a minute or two So my question is now is this repairable or did the virus do permanent damage to my pc If it is please please instruct me on how to fix it since it does still run in safe mode I don't think it would help for you to know my model specifications but it is custom so if you need to know a certain part I will tell you instead of just rambling off everything in the case lol Your help is greatly appreciated

A:Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal

So it seems in C:\ProgramData the Anti-Phising program still had a file. After deleting it, and with minor delay my computer loaded my desktop like normal. I think it was like, holding my computer hostage lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247126-black-screen-after-user-logon-windows-7-after-virus-removal.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,
So I haven't opened my old laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium) for a few months and recently tried to log on to retrieve some old files. However, every time after I log on, it just displays a black screen with a cursor and when I press ctrl-alt-delete, nothing is happening. I tried logging on in safe mode, but the same thing is happening.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:black screen with cursor after logon and ctrl-alt-delete not working

Hello, and welcome. Are you getting any advanced boot functions : Advanced Boot Options

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296513-black-screen-cursor-after-logon-ctrl-alt-delete-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I've got a fresh install of Vista x64, and when I install the Geforce drivers I'm not able to boot Windows normally. The green loading bar runs fine, but when it's over I don't get to see the login screen - it's just black. I have to enter into safe mode (which works) and uninstall the graphics driver.

The exact same thing is true for Windows XP 64-bit. But on WinXP the driver installation program caused huge lag also: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=71101

Help?

Graphics: XFX 8800 GTX
Mainboard: Asus Striker II Extreme

EDIT: Bootlog attached.

A:Black screen instead of login screen in XP AND Vista

I ran chkdsk and tried an older Nvidia driver, with no success...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-instead-of-login-screen-in-xp-and-vista.107491/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi All I have Windows Slow 64BIT Logon...Black refresh!! screen...Icons Win7 Ultimate bit when it's staring up I get the normal windows screen with the animated icon then it goes into a black Slow Logon...Black screen...Icons refresh!! Win7 64BIT screen and I have to wait for my logon screen to load about - seconds I enter my user name and password and it logs on again slow about - seconds like something is loading the screen goes black then it's goes to its normal win background then my icons load then they all refresh Any ideas I've been through all the Microsoft tech-net forums and found nothing It seems to be some sort of service loading up with a delayed start Or I notice my network icon takes a while to load i e the circle is going round over the internet access screen icon bottom right hand side of the screen is this an issue with ip version Anyway any help I would be grateful I've tried updating my drivers and all is ok I've tried various registry tweaks nothing I've installed and uninstalled my drivers nothing

A:Slow Logon...Black screen...Icons refresh!! Win7 64BIT

Have you disabled Startup and non-Microsoft services via msconfig?
How does it behave if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/223504-slow-logon-black-screen-icons-refresh-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a Windows 8.1 Enterprise PC.
When I try to logon to this PC remotely using RDP, I get a black screen with a mouse cursor.
This will stay there for 1-2 minutes, then I get access to my desktop.
This is happening from any PC, whether I attempt from a PC on the local LAN or remote LAN.
I have seen a number of similar posts, but I am able to logon if I wait. Once in all works fine.
Seeking to find out how I can find out why it is taking so long to logon and hopefully find a way to fix it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e77843de-828d-4c6d-9775-9b2f44e9c7a1/remote-desktop-logon-is-very-slow-with-a-black-screen-for-a-long-time?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.54%

Problem Following the Windows- -HP- -bit logo screen system hangs in perpetual state of quot pre-login quot Black screen normal-resolution mouse pointer no alt-ctrl-del capabilities nor any other interaction other than mouse movement This follows a large burst of updates Don't ask why Bad Habits and then reboot Now NTBTLog txt reports vga and NDProxy drivers do not install not that the latter really matters no safe-modes give me anything no low-res-vga boot and prior screen just black on to w/mouse hangs suddenly logon. System so on System hs worked great for years No new H W or S W or changes I cloned the disk and can now work off of the clone to attempt any fixes I did have adequate anti-malware s w running but I'll have to go through that whole quot process quot I realize But I also know this is a sort of a common problem lately although in many different varieties when it comes to specifics - So I thought maybe someone would be able to steer me System suddenly hangs on black screen w/mouse just prior to logon. to a fix that doesn't involve a system reinstall Any ideas vga sys Oh and no restore points are present Anything I might not know about going on here Something you might be able to enlighten me about I would appreciate any help you could provide And System suddenly hangs on black screen w/mouse just prior to logon. I'd like to figure out the source if possible rather than a simple standard System suddenly hangs on black screen w/mouse just prior to logon. or duck-tape type of solution That's a last resort And then I'll not know what to avoid Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382459-system-suddenly-hangs-black-screen-w-mouse-just-prior-logon.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys yesterday I tried to shut down my PC and when I grabbed the mouse the screen suddenly looses occasionally video signal Screen turned itself off I moved around the mouse and the signal came Screen looses video signal occasionally up again but after - seconds the same happened again video signal disappeared After a few attempts I managed to shut the PC down When I restarted it the initial few screens came up normally until it got at the point where I should log on as a Screen looses video signal occasionally user When I tried to Screen looses video signal occasionally click on the icon to log on the video signal disappeared and moving the mouse it came up again until it disappeared again after a few seconds The PC works fine boots correctly I can even execute programs no crashes but I have my screen going on and off all the time very annoying Is it possible that it may by a virus Is it also possible that some overheating occured I would appreciate any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Few days ago my power supply died and I got one screen, card fine signal on no video and replaced it But after I put a new one back in it started giving me a quot one long two short beeps quot and I thought it s my video card s problem when i start the computer the fan on the video card quot tries quot to turn for a second and then failed I got another working video card and put it back in the quot one long two short beeps quot is still there Some threads online suggested that it may be the problem of the RAM no signal on screen, video card fine and I tried moving the RAM to another slot there is no beep but no screen still I plugged in another RAM that works and there is no beeping but still no screen too I am pretty sure that my CPU works since I took it out and put it into another computer anyone has any idea what s wrong nbsp

A:no signal on screen, video card fine

One long and two short is video failure in every brand of BIOS I know of. I might suspect RAM but only in situations where the on-board video is using system RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-on-screen-video-card-fine.680091/
Relevancy 76.11%

No Video Signal after POST until Windows Log-in stage It takes minutes for the Log-in screen to Log-in screen Delayed POST after until Video Signal appear after POST I have attached the windows Delayed Video Signal after POST until Log-in screen Logs for easy reference I would be grateful if any suugestion can be given to remove eliminate minutes time delay to Log-in The operating system started at system time - - T Z File System Filter 'FileInfo' - - T Z has Delayed Video Signal after POST until Log-in screen successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager File System Filter 'bdfsfltr' - - T Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager ACPI thermal zone ACPI ThermalZone THRM has been enumerated PSV K TC TC TSP ms AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K CRT K HOT K PSL - see event data Processor in group exposes the following idle state s performance state s throttle state s Processor in group exposes the following idle state s performance state s throttle state s The Plug and Play service entered the running state One or more of the Plug and Play service's subsystems has changed state PlugPlay install subsystem enabled 'true' PlugPlay caching subsystem enabled 'true' The Power service entered the running state File System Filter 'luafv' - - T Z has Delayed Video Signal after POST until Log-in screen successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager The DCOM Server Process Launcher service entered the running state The RPC Endpoint Mapper service entered the running state The Remote Procedure Call RPC service entered the running state The BitDefender Desktop Update Service service entered the running state The BitDefender Virus Shield service entered the running state The AMD External Events Utility service entered the running state The Windows Event Log service entered the running state The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the running state The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service entered the running state The Windows Audio service entered the running state The Offline Files service entered the running state The Themes service entered the running state The COM Event System service entered the running state The Group Policy Client service entered the running state The User Profile Service service entered the running state The System Event Notification Service service entered the running state The Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service entered the running state The Security Accounts Manager service entered the running state The Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service entered the running state The Network Store Interface Service service entered the running state DHCPv client service is started The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the running state The DNS Client service entered the running state DHCPv client service is started The DHCP Client service entered the running state The Shell Hardware Detection service entered the running state The Task Scheduler service entered the running state The Print Spooler service entered the running state The Base Filtering Engine service entered the running state The Windows Firewall service entered the running state The Workstation service entered the running state The Cryptographic Services service entered the running state The Diagnostic Policy Service service entered the running state The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service entered the running state The Network Location Awareness service entered the running state The Software Protection service entered the running state The Superfetch service entered the running state The Distributed Link Tracking Client service entered the running state The Windows Management Instrumentation service entered the running state The Security Center service entered the running state The SBSD Security Center Service service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The IP Helper service entered the running state The IP Helper serv... Read more

A:Delayed Video Signal after POST until Log-in screen

Welcome,

Try this, if the boot time is decreased. You will be able to find the source of the problem.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/74508-delayed-video-signal-after-post-until-log-screen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Crashes happen anytime, result in a black or white screen, one time, it completed the loop and it had actually BSOD'd! I have the memory dump (hoping a forums wizard can come and save me!). Have tried disabling HDMI audio package drivers, overclocking and underclocking the video card. Does not appear to be memory related as one time, music that was being played on my computer, continued to play after the crash. Using windows 7 64bit RTM btw.

A:Games crash to black screen, monitor loses signal, computer reboots

Heres the memory dump PAGEDU64 ?   B? - MEMORY DUMP PLAYER666 - MiCCv0na - Pastebin.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96542-games-crash-black-screen-monitor-loses-signal-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi hoping I can get some help with Windows Ultimate on a PC I built myself still have pointer system Black failed logon screen w/movable mouse restore after the official install disc using an Intel chipset mobo with an i processor and an SSD for the C drive I found similar problems by searching the forums but the fixes in those threads didn t work or didn t apply to me The version of Windows I have is a Japanese version -bit version I first tried posting to Microsoft s Japanese support forums but only got one reply and it wasn t very helpful So I ll try and describe translate my problem as best I can and will try to Google the English equivalents of any onscreen text After a Windows Update Exact Audio Copy which I use for my own CDs would no longer start for some reason I first tried reinstalling it deleting its registry entries and installing older versions but it still wouldn t start so Black logon screen w/movable mouse pointer after failed system restore I then tried to use a Restore Point from before the Windows Update But Windows froze during the restore process on a blue screen with flower patterns so after forcing a shutdown Windows boots but the logon screen is all black with just a mouse pointer Same thing with the various safe modes Enable Boot Logging Enable low-resolution video Black logon screen w/movable mouse pointer after failed system restore x Last Known Good Configuration advanced Directory Services Restore Mode and Debugging Mode All resulted in a black login screen with movable mouse pointer so I don t think it s a problem with my video card EVGA GeForce GTX Did not try Disable automatic restart on system failure or Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Tried the Recovery Console but no problems were found in Startup Repair System Restore didn't work there were three points the first one was to cancel torikeshi in Japanese the previous Restore operation presumably the one where my PC froze the other two were for Critical Updates from a few days ago The Cancel one and the second Critical Update one resulted in the error described here https support microsoft com en-us kb with error code x I tried applying the hotfix from Microsoft on that page but I wasn't able to do so with wusa in the DOS prompt in the recovery console it gave me a library error or something The other Critical Update restore point gave me the rstrui exe application error The instruction at x f f a referenced memory at x The memory could not be read I tried chkdsk R but it didn't seem to find any problems later did it again in HBCD and it said correcting errors in the uppercase file Unfortunately I stupidly haven't made any system images for this PC so can't try System Image Recovery Windows Memory Diagnostic didn t seem to find any problems When I ran sfc SCANNOW OFFBOOTDIR c OFFWINDIR c windows it resulted in Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations A friend suggested HBCD so I used that to make a backup image of my C drive and I ran some HDD tests but didn't find any problems Also tried resetting my Windows logon password to see if that would let me login but I'm still getting the black logon screen Then I tried a couple virus scans Avira didn't work in miniXP ClamWin worked and I was able to update its definitions before the scan but it didn't find anything Then I tried GMER but it took all night I don't think it found anything but it closed as soon as I clicked on Save then my mouse stopped responding then the PC froze when I used the keyboard to select Shut Down The PC still boots but that was the last thing I tried Would greatly appreciate it if I could receive some assistance but I'm not in any hurry Thanks in advance

A:Black logon screen w/movable mouse pointer after failed system restore

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594456/black-logon-screen-wmovable-mouse-pointer-after-failed-system-restore/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, haven't been able to log in to my main PC since October. Keep getting a black logon screen after the Windows loading screen. I've Googled for solutions, posted on the Japanese Microsoft help forum, posted on bleepingcomputer.com, but no solutions have worked so far.

I've tried Safe Mode, Windows Restore, sfc /scannow, but nothing has worked. Not sure if anyone here has any other solutions, but thought I'd ask before I try paying Microsoft Japan for Premier Support.

Please see the bleepingcomputer.com thread for the circumstances for my problem and the specific solutions I've tried.
Black logon screen w/movable mouse pointer after failed system restore - Windows 7

I know it's a long read, but maybe doing a quick text search in the thread wouldn't take too much time, that way you could know if I've already tried a solution or not. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386912-black-logon-screen-w-movable-mouse-pointer-after-failed-system-restore.html