Windows Support Forum

System doesn't recognize graphics card

Q: System doesn't recognize graphics card

First time post so thanks in advance for any advice Here's the problem My GeForce GTX is no longer recognized by my computer As a result it doesn't recognize my monitor specifics either When I look under Device Manager it doesn't have a listing for display adapters at all There is a new entry under quot Other devices quot doesn't card graphics recognize System labeled quot Video Controller VGA Compatible quot When I reboot or quot System doesn't recognize graphics card scan for new hardware quot it trys to download drivers but fails When I try to manually update the driver I get a message quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it NVIDIA GeForce GTX GTX The system cannot find the filed specified quot I've tried everything including updating my BIOS updating my mainboard drivers downloading current WQHL certified graphics drivers uninstalling any and all drivers related to NVIDIA etc with no luck I have a feeling there is something simple that I'm not doing but I have no idea what System doesn't recognize graphics card it is Any help I can't play any games because the system quot Failed to find a suitable display device Exiting program quot

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System doesn't recognize graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: System doesn't recognize graphics card

Hello Thunck,
Did it just stop suddenly or has it been playing up for a while ?, if you have another card can you try that or try re-seating your card, and also check to see if it is getting power, i had a problem like this and i removed the power lead from the PSU for about 5 min's, then re-connected it and it worked, dont ask me why but it did. Good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/232625-system-doesnt-recognize-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 88.58%

A few weeks ago I reinstalled Vista because of some problems. I believe I updated all the drivers, service packs, and directx (I believe). I tried playing a game and an error message appeared, "unable to initialize direct 3D" I've searched around and tried to fix the problem but haven't found anything. Here's the dxdiag system tab:

And here is the display tab, my graphics card does not show up:

Here's a screenshot of the device manager, which gives me code 43:

Here's a screen of GPU-Z:

And Here's a screen of CPU-Z:
If there is anything else you need me to provide, just let me know. I'd really like to get this problem solved. I've reinstalled the video card drivers and it didn't help, I'm thinking it might be a BIOS problem. Any suggestions?

A:Dxdiag doesn't recognize graphics card

Hello, try Speccy, free program and see if it shows your hardware . Get free of it here : Speccy - Download

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294758-dxdiag-doesnt-recognize-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi All!

I have a nvidia graphics card (Not sure what kind, It's part of the problem) and windows 7 does not recognize it. It branded my computer with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter."

I was wondering if there is anyway to check my graphics card in this state or fix this problem without knowing what kind of driver to update

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Recognize My Graphics Card

Welcome to seven forums. We can try going to device manager>right click on display adpater>properties>details tab>drop down menu> hardware id(first in list) Copy and Paste the hardware id string. This should allow us to figure out your video card. Or try typing in the search box sys info click on system info>then components>display. however if it is'nt reconizing it I don't think it will show up, but might as well give it a try.Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/58285-windows-7-doesnt-recognize-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have been looking for a Windows 7 driver for a NVIDIA Geforce Go 6800
for an Alienware Area-51 M7700 laptop. Every driver that I download from NVIDIA's website gives me the error message during the installation that it cannot find a
driver compatible with my hardware. Windows 7 has installed a generic "standard VGA adapter" which does not allow for aero functionality. Any suggestions as to how I could resolve this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

This driver is a 32bit only driver, for windows XP, and will not install on a 64bit OS ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/141377-windows-7-doesnt-recognize-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, I've been having this problem 2 days ago and it's a bit frustrating. I was just playing some games when it suddenly restarted automatically. My device manager doesn't seem to acknowledge my graphics card anymore for some apparent reason. I've tried plugging my monitor in my graphics card and it just seems like on a standby mode with the blank screen showing nothing. But when I plug my monitor to my motherboard port it shows up fine and is in the device manager. I've tried cleaning my drivers with "Driver Sweeper" then reinstalling the lastest driver for my graphics card, but that didn't do anything. I was hoping if anyone knows what's wrong with my graphics card . Thank you.

Is my graphics card burnt/broken?

EDIT:
Graphics card - Radeon x1900

A:System doesn't detect Graphics Card

OK first of all there are no drivers for Windows 7 supporting you card. Your card is not even supported by Windows Vista as support has been removed, therefore, the reason for the problems you have been experiencing is a driver issue not the card itself. You cannot use 6.5 drivers on you card, the reason why you are getting these blank screens and dropping out of games is because of the drivers.

Not the news you peobably wanted to here but an upgrade is needed the drivers which would have been used would have been Catalyst 9.3.

ATI Catalyst? Display Driver
Version 9.3

9.3 Operating System(s)

Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition Products Supported

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon? graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.
The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst? driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above.

Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon? HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon? HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon? HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst? releases made available past the ATI Catalyst? 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13721-system-doesnt-detect-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I m running an eMachines M notebook It has an ATI Radeon Mobility U also known as ATI Radeon acknowledge card graphics my System doesn't Mobility IGP M graphics card I recently installed Vista I noticed that I didn t have the Aero color scheme available and discovered it was because I didn t have D Acceleration I checked the Device Manager to see if there was a problem with my graphics card System doesn't acknowledge my graphics card and low and behold it was only showing VGA I disabled VGA and rebooted and Device Manager then listed my graphics card but had the yellow exclamation point indicating that there was a resource conflict and that the graphics card wouldn t work until I disabled another device on the system I couldn t figure out where the conflict was I disabled just about System doesn't acknowledge my graphics card everything I could without completely crashing my system but every time I would disable a device more and more resource conflicts would pop up How can I get my system to recognize my graphics card without having conflicting resources Also is there any way to enable D Acceleration on my graphics card I don t think it supports it but I ve seen a few mentions of a patch or something nbsp

A:System doesn't acknowledge my graphics card

The yellow flag may or may not be a resource conflict. Usually it is simply a defective or incorrect driver. Download the new driver. Once you know where it is, go to the Device Manager in System and remove or disable existing driver. Then install correct driver for VISTA.
Cannot figger out why you would want VISTA on an M310. I would move back to WXP at the first opportunity, as eMachines does not easily make the drivers available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-doesnt-acknowledge-my-graphics-card.109047/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Compaq Presario 5240 w/AMD K6 400mhz, 128mb ram. It came with an integral 4mb video processor with software-based 3d accelerator. Because this caused most new games to run very slowly, I recently installed a 32mb Wicked3d Voodoo2 PCI card. The new card shows up on the "device manager" and has up-to-date drivers. The monitor is connected through the new card and functions properly. My system seems to recognize the physical presence of the new card, and the diagnostics check out, but when I try to adjust the settings of my games (like Tropico, Civ III, and Starfleet Command) I get a message that I only have 4mb video memory and only software-based 3d acceleration. What do I have to do to get these games to recognize and use the full capabilities of the new card?

A:software doesn't recognize video card

I would disable the onboard video in the BIOS. Tap F10 while the computer starts up and you will get into setup. I don't know exactly where you will see it.

On the other hand you may be able to go into Device Manager and disable the card.

Windows may still see it even after you have uninstalled from the BIOS. Thats because it doesn't ask the BIOS what is in the computer. It checks it out for itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-doesnt-recognize-video-card.107927/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have two pc s and two card readers Both PC s work fine using either card reader to download photo s from a meg card Reader 512 card recognize doesn't Solved: I just purchased a mb card for a new camera which used the mb card sucessfully For the first time this evening I tried to download from the mb card I was not successful with either reader in either PC I did download the photo s directly from the camera so the card is ok The desktop PC is running WIN ME The laptop tablet PC is running WIN XP pro tablet edition Both computers have USB The camera is a Sony DSC s Is there some software update necessary to use the larger memory card Is it likely these two-year old card readers might not be capable Solved: Reader doesn't recognize 512 card of using this larger capacity card Solved: Reader doesn't recognize 512 card I no longer have any Solved: Reader doesn't recognize 512 card documentation on the readers I would hate to stop using the card reader I find it quicker and easier then directly from the camera nbsp

A:Solved: Reader doesn't recognize 512 card

Model number for the 512meg card, and the card reader?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reader-doesnt-recognize-512-card.380458/
Relevancy 67.08%

I just bought a 9800 GT Geforce nVidia card.I have an Intel G43NB motherboard. I installed the new graphics card into the PCI-e slot, but I can't get the computer to recognize the card. If I plug my monitor into the card's I/O slot, I get the "no signal" message. I tried installing the driver off the website, but it says: "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.". The card also doesn't appear in Device Manager. Any suggestions?

A:Computer doesn't recognize video card

With the monitor connected to the onboard video you need to enter the BIOS setup, like F2 or DEL, on start up and change the primary video to PCI-Express or PEG. Then save and exit the setup. Power off the computer and connect the monitor to the new video card and turn on the computer.

Also you need to make sure you have at least a 400 watt or higher power supply and that you have connected the auxiliary power cable to the back of the video card from the power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-recognize-video-card.850639/
Relevancy 67.08%

We just put in a new cdrom/burner and Windows 98 is running but the computer isn't picking up the ethernet card. It has picked up all the other devices.

Linksys Router is running, all lights are on and internet up and running on first computer.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello everyone, i've installed from few days win 7 32 bit (I had vista before and never get time to upgrade..) till today everything was ok,but now it doesn't recognize the wireless card anymore..I have been in web normally in past days,so what can be the problem?I don't think it's the driver because before today all was ok.. can you help me?

A:Win 7 doesn't recognize my wireless card...anymore

hi,

what wireless card do you have? what are your pc's specifications?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/232364-win-7-doesnt-recognize-my-wireless-card-anymore.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everybody nbsp I ran into some issues with my X some weeks back and have been trying to fix them doesn't Wifi-card X220 recognize to no avail nbsp As far as I can remember I took some time a few weeks back to install the firmware-update and also updated the battery-firmware in the same routine nbsp I'm not sure If it was immediately afterwards since I'm using a dock with LAN but the wifi-card Intel wasn't recognized by the OS anymore No entry in the device manager nbsp Here's what I've seen tried so far What I was firstly able ot see was that the device would sometimes show up after returning from sleep when not in the dock Since I have an Ericson WWAN-card i switched mPCIe places WWAN-card works in both slots No recognition of the Wifi-card in both gt gt So it doesn't seem to be related to mPCIe or the board My guess was a faulty card so I tried a newly-bought Intel Wifi-card in the slot The Wifi-card must have been recognized by the BIOS since the whitelist-fault X220 doesn't recognize Wifi-card was presented and I had to remove it to even be able to boot again As the warranty wasn't my concern anymore anyways I flashed a whitelist-disabled version of the firmware As promised I was able to boot with the card Yet still the card is not presented in the device manager Since my Windows -installation had quite some time on its shoulders I reckoned that maybe another OS would be able to properly recognize the card I just freshly installed Windows and again - nothing is able to bring back the Wifi-card I used a linux live distribution to check whether that one recognizes any of the the cards It also wasn't able to see any of the two nbsp Does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue nbsp With best regards and a hopeful thanks in advance nbsp Christian

A:X220 doesn't recognize Wifi-card

Update:I used a debian live installation running from a pendrive to look for detected hardware. No wifi was found - again for both cards.I'm really lost for ideas at this point. What really irritates me is that the BIOS/UEFI recognizes the 7260 card with correct VID and PID. Yet still the cards are somehow (I guess) not made available to the operating system.On another note: I've just noticed that I posted in the wrong forum section. It's about an X220, so the "ThinkPad X Series Laptops" forum would be the correct one. Could a moderator maybe move this topic?

Moderator comment: Handled for you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X220-doesn-t-recognize-Wifi-card/td-p/2130095
Relevancy 67.08%

I m not sure where to put this problem so will try here Doesn't Computer Solved: SD recognize Card first I have tried different brands of SD cards and my computer won t recognize any of them I thought the first card might be bad so exchanged for a different brand and it didn t work either so exchanged again and same problem When I put the card in it makes the quot sound quot that the computer recognizes something new Then I go to My Computer but it doesn t show up at all I checked Device Manager Solved: Computer Doesn't recognize SD Card and it appears to be there It shows up as Multi Flash Reader USB Device and it says the device is working properly but my computer win doesn t recognize it The card I am using in my camera now works Solved: Computer Doesn't recognize SD Card fine and the computer recognizes it and it s not the end of the world but would like to use the new card which is gb compared to my old gb Thanks for your help I forgot to mention that the new card works fine in the camera nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Nikon D40 camera I borrowed and I took some pictures with it on a new Kodak 4GB SD memory card. I formatted the card in the camera before I took the pictures. When I put the card in my reader on my printer my computer with XP doesn't recognize it. I even tried to format it from the computer but nothing happens except getting an hourglass and then hanging the computer for about a minute. I tried a second SD card with the same result. The reader will read a CF card with no problem so I know it's not the reader. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:XP Doesn't Recognize Kodak SD Memory Card

Your printer's card reader probably cannot read a 4GB SD card. I have an old Epson R300 that does the same thing. Reads an 8M SD card. Does nothing with a 2GB card. Chokes on a 2G CF card too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-recognize-kodak-sd-memory-card.867944/
Relevancy 67.08%

i recently purchased a MIDI keyboard for my computer m-audio oxygen and after some initial difficulty it is now working perfectly however in the process i managed to somehow delete or alter the driver that tells windows that i do indeed have a sound card the program i use to make music reason allows me to select the sound card and it does produce sound so the sound card is still installed and working however windows itself doesn t believe i have one when i go to control panel sounds audio tab the drop down menu for Recognize Card Doesn't Windows Sound sound cards is greyed out under the hardware tab it tells me that the quot microsoft WINMM WDM audio compatibility driver quot has had Windows Doesn't Recognize Sound Card a service disabled code i have tried disabling and re-enabling it to no avail i tried to visit the microsoft update site and redownload this driver but i use firefox and it requires internet explorer however my IE has not worked in months it will open but for some reason it doesn t believe i m connected to the internet so basically i m trying to decide if i should just reformat it s been about a year and months so it s time or if i can pull this off the only issue i have with reformatting is that i lost all of my original disks when i built this computer so i d have to repurchase a lot of programs if anyone has any suggestions at all i would greatly appreciate it thank you

A:Windows Doesn't Recognize Sound Card

Try this Firefox add-onhttps://addons.mozilla.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138389/windows-doesnt-recognize-sound-card/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying to play games on steam but I can't because of required graphics configuration. It only lists "ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics" and not my newly installed Nvidia graphics card under the configuration menu. Dxdiag shows the same thing and doesn't list my new video card. I tried downloading Nvidia drivers but it won't work. How can I make Windows recognize my new graphics card?

A:Windows 8 won't recognize my graphics card?

Did you uninstall the drivers for the old card and remove the old card?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/14523-windows-8-wont-recognize-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just picked up a year-old Gateway P desktop at an estate sale At first I couldn t get it to boot up properly as there seemed to be something wrong with Windows But following instructions from Dan Penny on the Win forum here it s up and running now since I ve done a clean re-install of the OS Now that s taken care of the next problem is that it only shows graphics in VGA mode and won t recognize that it has a XGA or whatever card built-in I ve searched for the graphics card in the various directories I d expect to find it in but for some reason all of the hardware to its graphics Getting computer recognize new card? on the computer is now unable to be detected no video card no modem no Getting new computer to recognize its graphics card? anything Thankfully I was able to go to the Gateway website and view the build sheet for my computer which lists all of the hardware that s installed in it I downloaded their drivers for the things that I need to install video modem controller interface i-o and I burned them to a CD-R on my quot good quot computer I then tried to open those zipped folders on the new computer but all that shows up are the text files associated with those drivers not the drivers themselves I then tried to install the drivers directly from the disk using the wizard but it won t recognize them as being on the disk Then I tried to connect to the internet directly so I could download them but naturally the modem won t work It s a real catch- If anyone has any idea how to get around these problems I d greatly appreciate hearing about it nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I installed Windows -bit but the graphics card is apparently the standard VGA graphics adapter Dxdiag stuff Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JOSH-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting Windows recognize cant graphics card English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model M- BIOS Rev Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User Windows cant recognize graphics card DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type ATI ATOMBIOS DAC type bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - A F- CF-CA - EAEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x F SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo'd n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo'd n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Microphone High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFFFF Description Microphone High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Capture No Default Voice Capture No Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFFFF ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x A Matching Devi... Read more

A:Windows cant recognize graphics card

Hi willusethisonce, welcome to the forums, hereis the link to the drivers Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads win7 is not supported so download the vista drivers and install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/97963-windows-cant-recognize-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just recently re-installed windows xp on a dell dimension 2400 and since then, the screen resolution is set big and won't change and it's set on like 16 bit and that won't change either...I've pretty much tried all I know how to do...HELP!

A:Dell pc won't recognize graphics card

Hello,

You need to download and install the system Drivers.

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=

Install the chipset first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-pc-wont-recognize-graphics-card-405172.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Im kind of in a predicament here. Ive recently installed Windows 7 Home Premium (x32) on my Dell xps m1330 laptop. My computer no longer recognizes my graphics card and is currently running on shared memory. As such, I cannot use graphic intensive programs. I would love to tell you what my graphics card is but I dont know and cant access any information on it through the actual computer (doesnt show up under any drivers/hardware listings). Any solutions?

A:7 doesnt recognize my graphics card

Hi goldfarb and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

The graphics card in your laptop is an NVidia 8400M. The latest driver is available here: NVIDIA DRIVERS 195.62 WHQL Note that it also recommends that you install a Dell update here: Drivers and Downloads

Disclaimer: The Dell update is for the BIOS. The Forums cannot be held responsible if you choose to install this update and things go wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/70772-7-doesnt-recognize-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Guys, 

Could you help me with this trouble ?? 
Windows 8.1 pro x64 does not recognize my second graphics card... It does not appear in device manager. My configuration is :
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 560 TI 448 Cores (identical) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750M
Both video cards are correctly powered with two 6 pin power cable, the fan of the second one is turning but windows cannot detect it in device manager... 
I don't know what to do, please Help !
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/26f18168-9dc8-4063-9caa-8a9b18c305a3/windows-81-pro-x64-does-not-recognize-second-graphics-card?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 66.65%

Most of mij Android apps are working well, but I have a problem with Google Play.It will not recognize my music files on my external sd-card and also not in Google play.So I am forced to download them on the internal card which has to little room for my files.How can Play play music from an external sd-card or from Drive? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Google-Play-doesn-t-recognize-external-sd-card/td-p/460146
Relevancy 66.65%

I looked at another thread that was talking about the same type of problem but mines a little different When i try uninstalling my program 2zs recognize audigy doesn't install card! my everything it does but the second i turn it on it loads itself back on i ve managed to stop that but it still won t recognize the card I ve tried taking the card out and then turning the computer on without it but that does nothing I ve erased everything that has an my audigy 2zs install program doesn't recognize my card! affiliation with the card and it still doesn t work I downloaded the driver my audigy 2zs install program doesn't recognize my card! update but an error message comes up saying quot cannot load C WINDOWS Temp CRF setup exe quot I can upload the driver if i do it through the windows driver wizard and select the cd as my driver source but because the installation program doesn t recognize the card EAX doesn t work along with any of the other creative programs I have a system and audio only comes out of the front speakers HELP nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I was simply trying to install the lastest drivers on my Nvidia Geforce GT on my Alienware X today The installation completed and I restarted my computer When I went to the Nvidia control panel I got the following message quot NVIDIA Display settings are not available You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU quot So now I am seriously stuck I cannot system restore either I really need help because I don t know what else to do Reformatting is an option but I want to see card graphics Computer recognize my wont if there is anything I can do before I conclude to that Also I detached the video card and sprayed the dust off for good measure It did not help Im running the onboard intel hd graphics card now and cant play any of the games ive paid for plz help I ve checked in my device manager and my NVIDIA card is not displaying there either Ive also done a BIOS update on it as well Nothing Plz tell me im not funked Any advice would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Computer wont recognize my graphics card

Go to the device manager, under "Display Adapters", does the GT 545 show?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-recognize-my-graphics-card.196702/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone I have been a fan of this website for a long time for all my computing needs Usually there is always a forum with the answer I need however this time I need to ask a question recognize new Computer will graphics not Solved: card! of my own I m ready to pull my own hair Solved: Computer will not recognize new graphics card! out after two days of straight troubleshooting My problem is this if I install my new XFX Radeon HD or the ATI Radeon HD that I bought to test the problem my screen does not turn on with any picture I don t see the computer go through its POST BIOS or anything The monitor will say quot Power save mode quot sometimes other times it will flash its little light like it is searching for a signal it can t quite grasp The computer itself is still booting up though I can hear the little windows chime over my speakers after about seconds once it gets to the log in screen However here is the strange part if I plug in my PCI GeForce my monitor will pick up a signal and the computer works fine That being said I have been sure to erase all the nVidia graphics drivers both from the add remove programs and with quot Driver Sweeper quot to get all the loose ends before I attempt to put in the ATI cards I tested two different PSU s and neither of them did anything for either graphics card I drove over two hours to my local Tiger Direct store to exchange the motherboard for a new one and that has not changed a thing At the store they tested the graphics card and said it was working fine My computer set up is as follows - Gigbyte GA-EP -UD R motherboard - XFX Radeon HD which I have not been able to use since nothing will show up on the monitor or the Radeon HD that I have also been testing with - OCZ SLI MB PC DDR MHz - XION Power Real W ATX Power Supply - Windows Professional - Hitachi K B Hard Drive tb - Megavision MV in ms DVI Black LCD Monitor I would be so grateful if anyone could provide any insight into this Again the main jist of it is this With my Geforce old card from previous computer plugged in everything will work fine As soon as I plug in either the or nothing will show up on the monitor at all I have tested two different PSU s neither have made a difference and the W is brand new I have exchange the motherboard out for a new identical one and it did not change anything I have removed all previous drivers every way I am aware of I have tried it with different RAM in different combination s and it did not change anything If ANYONE can help me with this I would be so very happy Thank you for your time Ryder A very frustrated PC builder who just wants to play Left For Dead already nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I just installed Windows 7 Professional x64 yesterday, and It will not recognize my 512MB Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT hardware. Therefore I am unable to install any drivers, as it does not recognize the hardware at all. Is there a fix for this or will I have to wait until HP officially recognizes windows 7, and releases a guide?

A:Windows 7 Does Not Recognize my Nvidia Graphics Card

I did a search on the forums and found your solution -=> Here
Once you have downloaded the correct driver, go to the device manager, locate the display adapter, update driver and point to the new driver that you downloaded... Hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/28045-windows-7-does-not-recognize-my-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I just reinstalled windows xp on a computer I won from school. This computer used to have the latest ubuntu release on it but it was annoying so I switched to XP. Now my display is stuck in 8 bit color and at a huge resolution. When I go to the display settings from the desktop, the area where it should say my graphics card just says default monitor. I know I have some sort of integrated graphics card that came with the computer but it's not recognizing it. I've tried to find drivers and such but I don't know what exact graphics card I have so I have a bit of a dilemma. Any help would be amazing :D

A:[SOLVED] Computer won't recognize graphics card

Run Everest and post a report. It should tell you what type of graphics card you have.

A download link for Everest is available in my signature

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-wont-recognize-graphics-card-395345.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've just bought a VIA PCI IEEE 1394 Adapter (Firewire). I removed the old modem that came with the motherboard from the pci slot and inserted the new firewire adapter into its place. I made sure it was pushed firmly into the slot.

When i connected everything back up and started the computer, nothing happened. i waited a bit and still nothing. Any suggestions or explanations as to why windows won't detect my new hardware?

i have attached a dxdiag file with this post in case anyone needs to know my specs.

Thanks.
Enda

A:My system doesn't recognize new hardware

The new hardware could be defective but try going into the Add and Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall any drivers or programs associated with the old modem and restart the PC. The DXDiag shows it thinks you still have the modem installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-doesnt-recognize-new-hardware.148889/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm having trouble with my system recognizing my cd-rom's. This is a hand-me-down computer from someone that was fired from this office.(now I see why he was fired) Anyhow, some where along the line after rebooting my computer the system has failed to recognize my cd-rom and cd-rw. Neither on shows up as a icon and when I try to open them the system tells me "not ready", or "no cdrom detected". How do I retrieve these files? I've looked and looked throughout the system but am unable find them. I've done a system search and neither one shows up. As a matter of fact the system has renamed my cd-rw as a new hard drive!! Any hints or help that I can get from anyone else that has had the misfortune of this happening to them would be very helpful.

A:system doesn't recognize my cdrom's

Are they both detected in your computers CMOS settings?
Are the drivers installed for the right CD-ROM devices?

Check that and get back to me!!

Good luck

Aj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-doesnt-recognize-my-cdroms.45600/
Relevancy 66.22%

I updated to Windows Media Player a few weeks ago Don t know whether it s related Ever since that upgrade Windows Media Player seems to be unaware of the DVD-ROM drive Rebooting did not help I switched to an InterVideo WinDVD program that apparently came with the computer and was able to play a DVD or two but Dvd Drive Doesn't System Recognize I noticed sometimes while a DVD was playing my system would begin doing something in the background which made the playback freeze Once that happens the system no longer recognized the DVD-ROM drive Now Intervideo WinDVD System Doesn't Recognize Dvd Drive does not recognize my DVD-ROM drive Then I noticed it An unfamiliar icon in my system tray It s labeled quot exif launcher quot and it s overlaid by a read quot don t do this quot sign similar to the no smoking circle you System Doesn't Recognize Dvd Drive see all over the place as if it s saying quot exif launcher is here but it s not running quot or quot exif launcher is here but don System Doesn't Recognize Dvd Drive t click on me quot This little icon never existed before I began experiencing this problem There has been at least one automatic update from Windows in this time frame but I can remember whether it was before or after I began experienced problems after upgrading the media player Does anyone have any idea when Microsoft added this and is it causing you problems too I know this message is a bit vague but I m hoping someone can help me figure out how to start debugging this problem

A:System Doesn't Recognize Dvd Drive

Hi Buggedout34, and welcome to BleepingComputer.The exif launcher is a Fuji program for Quick Start for FujiFilm DP Editor.If you look in the Task Manager under Applications you will see all of the applications that are running at the time.You could also look in the Event Viewer to see what error are appearing at the time that you are experiencing this problem.Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer. Be sure that you choose System.The error will appear in the far left column and will appear as a red dot with a white X inside. Each of the columns has a title at the top of them, the column that you want is the Event column. When you see an error follow it to the right across the page to the event column, there will be a set of numbers in there, this is the error code. If you right click on the error code a drop menu will appear, click on Properties, another page will open which will contain a description of the error.Please post the error codes and descriptions back in this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148511/system-doesnt-recognize-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey,
I hopped on to my computer this morning and tried to download a program, and the computer will not suddenly not let me run anything as an admin, won't let me install/uninstall/change any program.
I have checked and my account definitely says that it is an admin account still, so I am not sure what the problem is? Any help would be great!

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/33818-system-doesnt-recognize-me-admin.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have the same problem. My new (less than a week old) does not recognize my media card. Is this a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> machines or what?

A:dell xps8700 windows 8.1 doesn't recognize media card

Hi Syoungk,
What kind of media card are you trying to read?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19568051
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Gateway P- S FX I was running Vista bit and Graphics x64 Will 7 My 8800M GTS Not Card NVIDIA Windows Recognize just switched to Ultimate bit Everything seems to be working Windows 7 x64 Will Not Recognize My NVIDIA 8800M GTS Graphics Card great except it doesn't see my Nvidia GeForce m GTS graphics card I printed my hardware specs right before I moved to Win When I go to my Device Manager under display adapters all it sees is quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I went to the nvidia website and found the exact driver for my situation Product Type GeForce Product Series GeForce M Series Notebooks Product GeForce M GTS Operating System Windows -bit Language English US That brought me to here NVIDIA DRIVERS BETA I downloaded this driver notebook winvista win bit beta exe I ran the file I also tried quot run as administrator quot and the files extracted and it began to try to install The nvidia install window came up and the after about ten seconds an error message appeared saying quot The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware Setup will now exit quot I don't know what to do Any help would be much appreciated

A:Windows 7 x64 Will Not Recognize My NVIDIA 8800M GTS Graphics Card

try this site. the very latest driver didnt work on my system,so if it doesnt work on yours, just try the next newest.

download from Guru3D.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/117971-windows-7-x64-will-not-recognize-my-nvidia-8800m-gts-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I have an HP EliteBook 8460p. (Sorry if my post seems "Noobish", I just joined.)
I recently purchased it, and have since found out that it will not recognize the Graphics card, and will
instead use Windows' default "Standard VGA Adapter". I have downloaded multiple drivers, but none seem to work. As such, I cannot play games that require "OpenGL Acceleration". Would very much appreciate help.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400105-hp-elitebook-will-not-recognize-graphics-card-standard-vga-adapter.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently bought and installed a new EVGA750ti. But, It refuses to work with either my tv or my computer monitor. The only thing I ever see is something that say "cannot find signal" or some such nonsense. I've tried messing with the Bios and I'm writing this in safe mode as we speak. I know it's a software issue and not a hardware one. Ideas?

I have a gigabyte AMD Athalon x4 640 motherboard.And I think I may need to update it. How will I know which update to use?

A:Monitor refuses to recognize new graphics card. BIOS help?

Obvious I know but have you tried the usual stuff like reseating the card and checking all the connections.

Now another obvious thing is to update the driver try this EVGA Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/348335-monitor-refuses-recognize-new-graphics-card-bios-help.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I need to load some software that can only be loaded using a floppy drive.

I've attempted to install a floppy drive Panasonic JU257A606P (the mother board is an ASUS A8N5X). The light is on, on the front of the drive, but windows does not recognize the drive.

What am I missing??

In the Device manager there is an entry 'Other Devices' with a question mark in front. Could that somehow be the floppy drive, and, if it is, what do I do to get the system to recognize the drive?

Thanks in advance--

Ben

A:System doesn't recognize floppy drive

Is the drive recognised in the BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-doesnt-recognize-floppy-drive-322841.html
Relevancy 65.36%

On old Dell PowerEdge 400SC
with 2 gb memory, 40 gb harddrive

I just got Win 7 installed, but it doesn't see the on-board sound system. Tried to download a sound driver, but because Win 7 doesn't even see sound hardware installed, it won't install a driver.

Any ideas?

A:Win 7 doesn't recognize integrated sound system

What sound system were you using before going over to Windows 7? Go to their web-site and download the Sound Controller. Usually Realtek AC'97 Audio works on many computers.

Kindly also fill up your System Specs fully to the extent that you can. You shall get better help if you do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/241895-win-7-doesnt-recognize-integrated-sound-system.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My Motherboard suddenly died and the garanty was expired, so I had to replaced it for another motherboard brand, since the original is not easy to find and also after very bad experience with that brand I do not truest it anymore, so I get a compatible replacement, then I tried to get by HP support the  original software that came with my computer, mainly the MS Windows and HP system doesn't recognize my PC anymore, and I can not get the software that came with my computer!!! What can I do?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Replaced-Motherboard-and-HP-system-doesn-t-recognize-my-PC/td-p/5636840
Relevancy 65.36%

I have lost my cd rom windows will not acknowledge that it is there although on start up is is shown as being found. thanks for the help with the video card.

A:lost cd-romdrive while installing graphics card card doesn,t work right either

Welcome to the forum Ray and Julia,

Recheck all the cables and make sure they are plugged in properly.

When you install a new video card you have to remove ALL drivers for the old card.
Uninstall the drivers for the old card in Add/Remove Programs and if you don't have the option there, check in Control Panel/Device Manager and make sure there are not 2 cards showing under Display Adapters. If the old one is still showing, Highlight it and click Remove.

Uninstall the new video card drivers, restart then re-install the new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-cd-romdrive-while-installing-graphics-card-card-doesn-t-work-right-either.63047/
Relevancy 64.93%

I m building a computer at work to deal w some huge data files GB I m using an Areca ARC- - I R SAS Stata RAID controller card to run a RAID setup w Seagate Barracuda SATA III TB hard drives The card has a single SAS port on it so I also purchased hard Solved: drives controller RAID recognize card doesn't a cable w SAS connector on end and SATA connectors on the other I ve installed the latest driver for the controller card I m running a fresh installation of Win Enterprise -bit on an SSD boot drive that connects directly to the motherboard Solved: RAID controller card doesn't recognize hard drives ie not connected to the RAID card When I access the card s BIOS menu at boot-up it says that there are no storage devices available Thru a process of elimination I know that the drives and the power cable to the drives are all good So that leaves the SAS-to-SATA cable a hardware issue w the card or a configuration problem w the card There are no troubleshooting instructions in the manual and knowledge base on the Areca website wasn t helpful Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this nbsp

A:Solved: RAID controller card doesn't recognize hard drives

Turns out that the SAS connector has a double clasp on the end. So it felt like it was pushed in all the way, when in fact it was only pushed part of the way in. It's building the array right now...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-controller-card-doesnt-recognize-hard-drives.1054607/
Relevancy 64.5%

I bought a Lexcron 45 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader a while back and I used it for quite a bit. Recently I used it on my laptop with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and it worked fine.
Now I'm trying to do this on my computer but the computer is not recognizing the memory stick. The card reader does - as a green light shows.
Help me out here?

A:My external card reader works fine but my PC doesn't recognize the memory stick......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-card-reader-works-fine-but-my-pc-doesnt-recognize-the-memory-stick.701636/
Relevancy 64.07%

i've never tried to hook up dual monitors before so its probably something simple. i installed a new graphics card a while back and haven't used the original for months, and now that im trying to hook up dual monitors it wont even recognize the original in the device manager, or that i have a monitor plugged into it. both monitors work perfectly fine in the newer card slot. any assistance would be appreciated. thank you for your time.

A:computer wont recognize original graphics card for dual monitors

You can't use your onboard video card and an add-in card at the same time, it's one of the other. Well you can, but only on motherboards that support hybrid CrossfireX. In most cases your onboard video is disabled when an add-in card is detected by the BIOS. To use dual monitors you will have to have a video card that supports it and connect both monitors to that video card. Then press the Windows key and the P key to extend your desktop onto the second monitor.

EDIT: Filling in your system specs would help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/207952-computer-wont-recognize-original-graphics-card-dual-monitors.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all I recently had a bit of a problem with my graphics card Yesterday I turned my computer on and nothing would come up on both my monitors The light on them just blinked The computer worked fine I was even able to use it through LogMeIn so it was a problem related to the monitors hence the graphics card I opened it up and right Card my doesn't to Something with seem be Graphics cleaned a bit Now I managed to turn it on successfully except for some weird things that have been happening - I can t use Aero I m stuck with the Basic Theme on Windows Can t change it to Aero - When running some fullscreen games I Something doesn't seem to be right with my Graphics Card get terrible framerate Weirdly when I switch to windowed mode the framerate goes back to Also I already tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing changed Also I Something doesn't seem to be right with my Graphics Card m a bit scared of turning it off again and not being able to turn it back on What can I do to fix these things Is the graphics card really faulty despite it having turned on again What can I do to fix these problems I listed before Thanks in advance TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN A VMX Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Something doesn't seem to be right with my Graphics Card

To be honest I would say it was a hardware fault. Have you got a different PCI slot you can try putting the card in as this could be the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-doesnt-seem-to-be-right-with-my-graphics-card.1036436/
Relevancy 61.92%

I connected a gtx 750 it frozr to my hp xw 8400 workstation, when i powered everything it didn't boot and there was a red light and 6 beeps in  a row (graphics card not detected).  How is this possible that it can't detect my graphics card?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-gtx-750-it-doesn-t-work/td-p/5706513
Relevancy 61.92%

I connected a gtx 750 it frozr to my hp xw 8400 workstation, when i powered everything it didn't boot and there was a red light and 6 beeps in  a row (graphics card not detected).  How is this possible that it can't detect my graphics card?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-gtx-750-it-doesn-t-work/td-p/5706511
Relevancy 61.92%

We've recently had a new graphics card installed, GeForce 220, and are having problems viewing on the TV. When we start the computer we can see it loading up, but when it finishes and gets to the desktop the screen will go blank and we can't see anything. The computer is no forced to use the VGA and we can't watch any videos, DVDs etc. The computer will not recognize the TV if we have both the TV and a monitor. We have tried other tvs/monitors and the video card is working properly so we figure it is the tv being a 720, anyone have any solutions/suggestions for me that don't involve buying a new TV? Oh we are running Vista 32bit. Thanks!

A:new graphics card doesn't work with 720 TV

hm... did you update the drivers? or try it in safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/275431-new-graphics-card-doesnt-work-720-tv.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Since the anniversary update my graphics card has become invisible.

A:My PC doesn't detect my graphics card

Hi! Please provide more information. How are you looking for your graphics card? Are you looking in devise manager??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442064-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello First sorry if I am asking simple doesn't graphics fan turn card's My questions but I really don t know the answers I don t mean to waste your time and I would really appreciate any help My PC freezes up whenever I try and play a game and it happens with all of my games This started to happen a couple of weeks ago Everything was okay before this started happening I haven t changed the hardware and the only software change I have made was to install Civ IV Grrr Usually the screen just freezes and I have to restart The games start as normal and play as normal for about mintues My graphics card's fan doesn't turn before they freeze My graphics card's fan doesn't turn up On a hunch I tried swapping my Radeon Pro for my old MX graphics card There are no problems with the old graphics card After putting the Radeon Pro back in my machine I noticed that the fan doesn t turn I had to use a mirror to check I took the card out to clean the fan and I noticed that the heatsink was hot I say I noticed the heatsink was hot - I actually burnt my finger and hopped around the room swearing So my diagnosis is the games are freezing up because the graphics card is overheating And the graphics card is overheating because the fan isn t working I don My graphics card's fan doesn't turn t know why the fan isn t working The card is connected up with a four-pin lead from the PSU and should have all the power is needs My PSU is W Does my diagnosis sound okay - is the problem with the fan What can I do about it I m hoping that I can replace either the fan or both the heatsink and fan on my graphics card but I don t even know if that s possible What do you recommend I already have two case fans and I don t have a spare PCI slot for extra cooling All helpful suggestions welcomed - except the suggestion to just carry on using my old graphics card and stop whining nbsp

A:My graphics card's fan doesn't turn

Arctic Cooling makes extremely high quality, quiet aftermarket coolers for ATI GPU's. The units for the 9800 Pro's are about $30 USB. Combined with a dab of Arctic Silver 5, you're 9800 Pro should no longer have any temperature related issues... plus also be very ready to try Overclocking if you choose this route.

The main problem is- Arctic Silencers are about 40mm thick, so it will be tight in the AGP slot if you have something in the first PCI slot. I'd think this is a bad combination anyways since the first PCI slot usually has shared resources with the AGP slot and should always be left open anyways.

If you think you have enough room (try measuring from the PCB on the 9800 pro and out where the fan is now to be 45mm or so), the link is:
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=36&data=1&disc=

It's either this or you remove the fan yourself and hit an electronics store in hopes of finding a suitable replacement if you wish to repair vs. replace the 9800 Pro.

If it's a true-blue ATI, it may still be under warranty as ATI cards of that era carry a 3-year warranty. If you still have proof of purchase documentation, ATI will most likely RMA the card in a week or two. Realize any repairs you attempt yourself will of course void that warranty.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-graphics-cards-fan-doesnt-turn.39040/
Relevancy 61.92%

I Pro Win Graphics card register doesn't XP finally bit the bullet and did a installation repair of the system The PC works fine now except for one fact - XP Pro cannot see the Radeon X GT AGP card According to the Hardware Device manager I have no display adapter and the system refuses to install drivers downloaded from the AMD site Even the installation software from AMD balks since it too cannot find the card While this is going on Windows is using the standard vga driver I would have been inclined to think that the card might be faulty but This is a dual booting PC and the alternative OS is Lubuntu The Win XP Pro doesn't register Graphics card card is identified absolutely correctly in that system and the driver used is excellent I Win XP Pro doesn't register Graphics card would be grateful for any help in getting Windows to recognize the video card Update I solved this Somewhere in the Hardware Device listings was something called a Microsoft AGP Filter abd a little further down a ViA AGP something or other I uninstalled them and re-started XP now said it had fouund new Hardware and offered to install I declined assuming that if the system could now see the graphics card ATI should also do so as I had already an ATI driver handy Installed the ATI driver and it worked so this machine is now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541662/win-xp-pro-doesnt-register-graphics-card/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys Mettalknight here

I recently bought a new Graphics Card (A Powercolor HD7750 Pic) this graphics card has 1 HDMI 1 VGA and 1 DVI slot. My old graphics card had the same setup so I thought no problem I will just take my 2 vga monitors and since I already have a converter it will work no problem right? Well I was wrong on that one. So my VGA monitor now works but the one that is converting from DVI to VGA doesn't. Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to go out and buy a new converter?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Mettalknight

A:Got a new graphics card and now my second monitor doesn't work

The problem is that the new card is DVI only on the DVI port. Also what you are connecting with is not a converter but an adapter. An actual DVI to VGA converter can cost upwards of $100 or more, where the adapters are a couple of dollars at most.

Sounds like your old card (what was it by the way?) was intended to do VGA over the DVI port in addition to the native VGA port. Unfortuneatly there is much you can do in this regard as very few if any cards made recently do more than VGA from one port, either native or via DVI adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/295208-got-new-graphics-card-now-my-second-monitor-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My motherboard is gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 3 and it doesn't seem to detect my graphics card. If I plug my monitor in the graphics card I won't see anything, but if I plug it directly into the mother board I can see it. The graphics card is also from gigabye but I don't know its name. Do you have any idea on how to solve this ?

Edit : My graphics card is gv-n460se-1gi

A:My computer doesn't seem to recognise my graphics card

Hi do you have the 2 six pin power connection connected to the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/372414-my-computer-doesnt-seem-recognise-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i have put my graphics card in and than clocked my integrated one. then i found out taht the SiS card sucks and i tried to get my geforce back inside. oh and it says SATA device not found even though i installed a new SATA driver from SiS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-work-on-the-second-insert.328499/
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently got a VGA-HDMI Cable, so I could link my TV to my computer, but when I went to plug it in, my computer did not detect it. I then tried to force my computer to detect it, as many of the things I saw online recommended this, but this did not work either.
Please help me!
Thanks
J
Also, if its any help, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series, and as this is a laptop, I cant really get a new graphics card.

Relevancy 61.06%

i have about a 5 yr old compaq running xp.i had bestbuy to put in a radeon 9550 avg graphics card and i had to restore my com now windows wont detect the card so when i try to install the soft ware it says it cant find any hardware to install the software.i could use any help plz and ty.
Edit/Delete Message

A:Windows doesn't detect my new graphics card

Double post

Already answered here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic112198.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-detect-my-new-graphics-card.112205/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I bought a new graphics card ATI Radeon AGP and I plugged it into my AGP slot after removing my old NVIDIA Geforece Ti graphics card and its drivers When I turn on the power supply with my new graphics card in my monitor doesn t turn on and remains on standby mode I made sure that everything is plugged in properly Is there a way of allowing me to fix this problem so I can carry on with installing the drivers Here is my system overview ------------------ System Information new turn put in after card my Monitor I on graphics doesn't ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AWARA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Default System Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell M Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-F - C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x C DE Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoPr... Read more

A:Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card

You see no video at all, even no bios screen? If this is true, the new card may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-i-put-in-my-new-graphics-card.142240/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just bought a new computer from Acer it was fitted with Work New Want Card To Graphics Suddenly Doesn't Nvidia s Geforce G since I had a GT lying around I placed it in the computer It worked for about a week then suddenly quit When I hit the power button the fans start turning but the monitor says there s no video input I thought it was the GT that New Graphics Card Suddenly Doesn't Want To Work was malfunctioning so I fit it into my other rig surprisingly enough New Graphics Card Suddenly Doesn't Want To Work it still works The new New Graphics Card Suddenly Doesn't Want To Work Acer computer still works with onboard graphics though I bought the Acer M Here s the link to the computer s page http www acer com sg acer product d e c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Here are the computer s specs Intel G Express Chipset Intel Core Quad Processor Q GHz MB L Cache FSB GB Ram GB S-ATA HDD Nvidia GeForce G Acer said it was quot Probably incompatible with the motherboard quot I doubt so since it worked for a week nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

hey guys,
yesterday i bought a new Nvidia XFX 7600gt AGP to replace my old 5200 AGP and i got 512mb ram to up my gaming performance. I put these into my computer, the correct slots and everything, plugged my comp back in with the new adapter from the comp to monitor and then the problem began. The computer booted up, and the monitor had power, but nothing was displayed on the screen. Instead of a green light on the monitor, there is an amber one like when it's in standby. I'm baffled.
My specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 3CPUS
3.00ghz
Previously had 512mb ram, just put another 512 in.
Previously had 5200 AGP, just put in a 7600GT AGP.

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-work-with-new-graphics-card.84485/
Relevancy 60.63%

Yesterday I got battlefield 2 and installed it. It was working fine until I got to the start menu. Then this thing popped up and said my graphics card was going to reset its resolution and needed to restart the computer. So I said yes then restarted the game and got back to the menu but it did the same thing so I went online and looked up the requirements for a BF2 graphics card. It said it could take ATI radeon 8600. So I'm thinking wait I have ATI 9250 and thats higher soooooooooooo. I NEED HELP PLEASE.

A:Battlefield 2 doesn't support a higher graphics card need help!!

Go to BF2 website and make sure you have the latest patch installed for that stupid game. By stupid I mean "nothing but technical problems for everyone that buys it". Your 9250 is supported. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the 9250 from the ATI website and the latest mobo chipset drivers. Also you'll need Direct 9.0c installed (prob on the installation disk).

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-2-doesnt-support-a-higher-graphics-card-need-help.41409/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I don't know a lot about computers, but I can make my way around one fairly ok, I'm trying to fix up a graphics card for my father, but the system seems to not like Asus driver setup, I don't know what to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The graphics card is; Asus AH 3450/ DI/ 512MD2 (LP)

How can I insert images here?

A:Trying to load driver for graphics card and computer doesn't like it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-load-driver-for-graphics-card-and-computer-doesnt-like-it.890661/
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a new monitor today so I could run two screens off my computer so I had more space to photoshop ect. My computer doesn't seem to notice that my new monitor is plugged in and my graphics card doesn't give me the option to use my new monitor.
I do have two monitor outputs on my motherboard/processor
Any ideas?
nvidea geforce 7300 GT

A:Graphics card doesn't accept dual monitors

Duplicate post of:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/862439-graphics-card-doesnt-accept-dual.html

FYI, Site rules:
Multiple Postings - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, use the "Report Thread" button at the bottom of the post and we'll move it. We also reserve the right to move posts to other forums and delete duplicates.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-accept-dual-monitors.862446/
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a new monitor today so I could run two screens off my computer so I had more space to photoshop ect. My computer doesn't seem to notice that my new monitor is plugged in and my graphics card doesn't give me the option to use my new monitor.
I do have two monitor outputs on my motherboard/processor
Any ideas?
nvidea geforce 7300 GT

A:Graphics card doesn't accept dual monitors

I am not sure if I will be able to provide an answer but someone else here may be able to help if we knew the exact brand and model number of your computer and/or motherboard.

Your subject line mentions a graphics card. If you do have a separate graphics card plugged in, also please give us the exact brand and model number of the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-accept-dual-monitors.862439/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I recently performed a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate onto my computer. While doing so, I had to unplug my graphics card and use the onboard video, otherwise I'd get an error about unexpected restarts.

After installing, Windows 7 doesn't detect the graphics card (the card works, but it doesn't show up under the device manager and I can't install nVidia drivers). If I use the BIOS to switch to onboard video, then that shows up on the device manager and works fine, but I use this PC for gaming so I'd prefer to use the video card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Graphics Card - nVidia 9600 GT
Motherboard - ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU - AMD 64 4800+
RAM - 3GB

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Detect nVidia Graphics Card

Which drivers did you try, these?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Also, did you try running windows updates afterwards, specifically "optional" updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/69342-windows-7-doesnt-detect-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm not particularly knowledgeable with computers so please bear with me if I'm missing something overwhelmingly simple Anyway I'm trying to figure out exactly which graphics card is in this old machine A friend passed it along to me after mine gave up the ghost and I reinstalled Windows XP I checked DirectX Diagnostic Tool and Device Manager but neither can tell what the heck the graphics card is Neither can find the sound card either I need to know what it is so I can find the appropriate driver Here's what Device Manager lists under quot Other devices quot Audio device on high-definition audio bus SM bus controller Video controller Video controller VGA compatible I also tried the AMD doesn't recognise Device graphics Manager [SOLVED] card auto-detect tool but it flicks open for a moment then closes immediately for some reason I also opened [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card the machine up to see if I could find a product number on the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card graphics card but there isn't one There appears to have been a sticker at one point but it isn't there now The best I can tell you is that it's red and bears the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card words quot graphics by ATI Radeon quot I'm afraid I don't know much of anything else about this computer but if there's anything you need to know ask away and I'll do my best to find out If a photo of the card would help to determine its model I can do that Thanks in advance sorry I couldn't offer more info

A:[SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card

What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your make and model# and download the Chipset, Audio, and Video driver for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-device-manager-doesnt-recognise-graphics-card-692346.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I sent this laptop in for repair awhile ago and I just noticed that my computer doesn't recognize my dedicated NVIDIA 650m graphics card. It's not avalible in device manager or anything. It's as if it doesn't exist. I've started doing some work where I really need it and I'm stuck with the integrated graphics. I've ensured every drive is up to date, I've tried downloading drivers from NVIDIA's website, and I've tried downloading HP's posted Windows 8 drivers (there's nothing for WIndows 10). Nothing has worked so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-dv6t-7000-doesn-t-detect-graphics-card/td-p/5638917
Relevancy 59.77%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 59.77%

This was really perplexing. I am trying to install a Galaxy GT520 on my Inspiron 546. So i take of the slot i need in the back-plate and fit the card into the slot. But...the card didn't fit into the back-plate. It's like a millimeter off.... There is a little slot that the back-plate slots go into but it doesn't fit into the slot. It's almost like it needs to be a millimeter longer. Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Graphics card doesn't fit backplate but fits in PCI Express slot

check this out http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp535mt/en/sm/cards.htm#wp1193399

GT520 is a PCI and should fit the 546, line it up as ^^^^ shows and press hard, dont ram it in there, but apply a bit of force.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-doesnt-fit-backplate-but-fits-in-pci-express-slot.180377/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Dimension computer and recently purchased a Radeon graphics card After installing the card all I get on my monitor is quot No Signal quot Is this a compatible card for this computer And if it is any suggestions as to what might resolve 9100 work, 4400, Graphics Dimension card doesn't Radeon this issue Thanks y all After chatting with Dell Support they say that my system may not be compatible with MB card However when I search their parts and upgrades for my computer all the graphics cards they recommend are MB MB even MB cards Now if my system won t handle those cards then why do they recommend them as upgrades When I Graphics card doesn't work, Dimension 4400, Radeon 9100 asked that to the dell chat rep he said I d have to contact Dell Solution Station which of course I d then have to pay them to use Man I m really about to get fed up with Dell So does anyone know if this is true Will the MB card not work in my system if my system is set for MB nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't work, Dimension 4400, Radeon 9100

The memory located on the video card is separate from the computers system memory. The set 64MB memory, is on-board graphics memory. You should turn the on-board graphics in the bios off before you install a graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-doesnt-work-dimension-4400-radeon-9100.144238/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm 260X R7 doesn't like 0x116 graphics atikmpag.sys : card abit pro ip35 troubleshooting 0x116 atikmpag.sys : abit ip35 pro doesn't like R7 260X graphics card a potential motherboard GPU compatibility issue Abit IP Pro - Latest BIOS New graphics card - Sapphire R X GB Windows X SP The system was running fine I bought a new graphics card uninstalled all graphics drivers and deleted them powered off installed new card then powered on and I get BSOD stop x atikmpag sys I even tried a fresh Windows x sp install from USB stick POST displays ok but then as soon as windows install changes the graphics mode it goes to black screen and stays there The new graphics card works in another machine I've swapped out power supply and ram with the same results No overclocking System is stable with existing PCI-E graphics As I'm on the latest BIOS which I've cleared reset after flashing and I cant even get any display output during windows install I'm guessing it's just not going to work but I'm interested to know what the attached dump tells us just in case there's any hope of getting this setup to work Cheers

A:0x116 atikmpag.sys : abit ip35 pro doesn't like R7 260X graphics card

hello, obvious and welcome to the Forums. As far as your question, both dump files list the graphics drivers and a failure to recover.

Code:
atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`0495b000 fffff880`049ed000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Mon Sep 15 16:59:06 2014 (5417612A)
CheckSum: 000964D0
ImageSize: 00092000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800707a010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004966038, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.
When you say you uninstalled the previous drivers, are you sure you got all of them? You must have had some display when booting into Windows in order to install the graphics driver, or perhaps I'm a little slow. Also, am I correct that you have a 380W Power supply? From what I am finding it is recommended to have a 500W minimum and preferably a 600W PSU. Although from what I find on the power draw of your card, I think the 600W is a little high. But, according to the dump files, what is happening is the drivers are crashing and not recovering within the allotted time for windows.

I might suggest you try reinstalling the graphics drivers, if you can get a display as follows.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351218-0x116-atikmpag-sys-abit-ip35-pro-doesnt-like-r7-260x-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, I just had a question for my fellow geeks and nerds of the internet:

I'm building a new PC, and my Motherboard is an Abit- KN8 SLI, and it does not have integrated video.

Due to the issue on hand, I'm unable to install my copy of Windows XP onto my machine.

Now the only video card I have is an Asus Extreme AX850, running through a PCI-Express port, and my Motherboard doesn't recognize that. I can't even bring up BIOS. I'm a poor 15 year old, so I can't afford another graphics card. Is there no hope? Or is there something that I can do to get this card working.

Relevancy 58.48%

and the DVD burner wont burn via windows XP I have to use quot drag and drop CD-DVD quot from sony to burn a cd This all happened on the same day Something is attacking drivers and softwars programs Here is the log from the Panda Scan lt quote gt Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool Application PRScheduler Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Start Menu Programs Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe Adware adware azesearch Not disinfected c windows system ztoolbar bmp Adware adware dollarrevenue Not disinfected c windows keyboard not work, com graphics Programs card wont doesn't load, working... port dat Adware adware cydoor Not disinfected c windows cdmxtras Potentially unwanted tool application need find Not disinfected hkey local machine software microsoft windows currentversion uninstall Need FindBar Uninstall Potentially unwanted tool application altnet Not disinfected hkey local machine software Altnet Adware adware getup Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware powerscan Not disinfected Windows Registry Virus bck bagz ab Disinfected Operating system Adware adware instafinder Not Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... disinfected Windows Registry Hacktool exploit mhtredir gen Not disinfected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Code Store Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... Database Distribution Units - - - - Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout o Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout atwola txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Statcounter Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout statcounter txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Guest CREATIVE Cookies guest atwola txt Spyware Cookie WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt statse webtrendslive com Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt com com Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atwola com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atdmt com Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt mediaplex com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt ads pointroll com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt tribalfusion com Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt zedo com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Docu... Read more

A:Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working...

Update. AVG free is finding nothing. Ad-Aware SE would hang up on me but I think the panda scan took care of that because I ran ad-aware again and it ran through to completion... however it didn't fix any problems.
My Pole Display for our store is not working from the COM port.
My Graphics card isn't giving me the technicolor display anymore because I disabled it, but of course now I can't play games without the hardware acceleration. When I enable it and start the system over it does it all over again.
Generally comp runs slow... When I go to shut down I have to close lots of dll file programs. On start up I get pop ups.

Please help...

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-wont-load-graphics-card-doesnt-work-com-port-not-working-186749.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello guys,

Today i made a bad thing, i tried to install windows xp 64x , i did it, i download some drivers for it, then i couldn't find Nvidia driver for it, so i format everything , set bios to default,

My next step:
I reinstalled windows xp 64ultimate , I installed drivers from Laptop DVD everything is fine but again same problem, The driver for 620m doesn't works it doesn't detect my graphics driver, even the graphics detector from nvidia site can't detect my driver

So what's wrong, i don't get it have you any idea how i could fix it?

I added my system components on the left so you can check it

A:Dual graphics problem, system doesn't detect my nvidia 620m

i checked internet , i just found a guy who was same problem as me

with same procesor 3110M , but i've found no answer to this problem

I'm thinking if the last driver is bugged or smth, but 1 month ago i updated it proprety with no problems :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/280340-dual-graphics-problem-system-doesnt-detect-my-nvidia-620m.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Help! My computer no longer recognizes either my camera or memory card. I'm using the same USB port that I use for my printer, and I've had no problems with the printer connection. This is a new problem; all has been fine the past couple of years until recently. I use VISTA Home Premium. I've checked and all drivers are up to date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wont-recognize-memory-card-or-camera-but-will-recognize-printer-same-usb-port.976967/
Relevancy 56.33%

My new PC is system??? Graphics my for Best Card Win bit has the ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V LK Rev X x mobo with gigahertz Intel Core i - K processor with gigs of RAM and is overclocked from the manufacturer at gigs It has a volt power supply So it came with the EVG Best Graphics Card for my system??? GeForce GTS mb graphics card and it went bad It started freezing up every few seconds so I went over to Best Graphics Card for my system??? Fry's and bought the EVG GeForce GTX gb because they guy at Fry's said Nvida was the p p But I don't like it It's occasionally gets slow and I can hear it start working each time I get busy doing alot of stuff on my computer no gaming here just business stuff like webdesign office applications working with graphics So I'm thinking of throwing a few more dollars at this since I can take this unit I bought from Fry's back and I can write all this off of my taxes anyway since it's my main business machine My previous computer from ' running XP Pro recently rebuilt with a new Best Graphics Card for my system??? mobo running an AMD quad processor and runs great has a graphics card from ATI that is still being used after the rebuild since I never had any problems with it So I'm thinking I need to go with ATI isn't that the same as Radeon maybe that's my brand since I've had good results with them on my other system So I'm thinking of going with the Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD OC GB GDDR DVI-I HDMI x Mini-Displayport PCI-E Graphics Card GV-R OC- GD It is the Factory Overclocked Edition Core Clock MHz Std MHz I found this on Amazon for and keep in mind I'm getting the I spent for the current one back so I'm only spending around It's at - http www amazon com Gigabyte-Radeo IAHT WH AR Is this a good choice or should I be considering other graphics cards before making a decision

A:Best Graphics Card for my system???

Or, should I be looking at the Diamond AMD Radeon HD 7970 PCIE 3G GDDR5 Video Graphics Card 7970PE53G at Amazon.com: Diamond AMD Radeon HD 7970 PCIE 3G GDDR5 Video Graphics Card 7970PE53G: Electronics ?

Or, maybe look at the Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC with Boost 3GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11197-03-40G at http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DV...970+OC+Edition ?

These are all around the price range I'd like to stay in.

Also another question... my computer only has one lead that plugs in to the end of the graphics card. Do any of these mentioned about require two leads? If so, how do I accommodate that?

Can I split the one lead I have into two, or would I have to install another lead from whereever it connects to, like power supply?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/264957-best-graphics-card-my-system.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I was looking around the store for a few days and I found these 2! Can you guys tell me which one is better...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3747342&CatId=3670

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4252544&CatId=3669

One is 1GB and the other is 512MB, does the memory matter? I know GTA IV needs 768MB of RAM on the card, I don't know what will happen when i try the game...I don't know about what future games will require so 1GB is choice for now. I didn't find a Geforce card because I don't understand the power supply rating of 18amps.

I need your help please!! thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I Best For System?? Graphics Card My just bought an EVGA GeForce GB DDR graphics card as an upgrade from ATI Radeon Whenever i remove my old graphics card and put in the new one i get the dell loading screen then the computer Best Graphics Card For My System?? beeps and restarts Never gets to windows loading screen I cannot get to safe mode to try and install the drivers I've read an article here Best video card upgrade for Inspiron Q ghz - Machinima Forum - Gaming - Dell Community with someone having the exact same issue Within the responses were the recommended graphics card for his system Which is exactly the same as mine The recommended cards are all PCI-E X the same as the GeForce that i just bought Am i to assume that the card is bad or is there a feature about the recommended cards that make them compatible Or is my motherboard just not compatible with PCI-E x After doing a little research on my system i'm sure i have a PCI-E but is it or x I cannot seem to find the exact specifications on the expansion slots for my Dell Inspiron Q Quad Core I need to know what the heck is compatible with my computer so i can max it out for around bucks which is what i paid for the GB Geforce at a local Fry's Electronics I didn't think it was a bad deal I want to be able to play Starcraft Oblivion Batman Arkham Asylum etc at max settings Notes The power supply requirements for the Geforce are W and i have W Thanks for all responses If i can get enough information it might save me - trips back and forth from the store http www sevenforums com editpost php do editpost amp p

A:Best Graphics Card For My System??

Maybe that is just it. That card is just sucking more power than the whole unit can handle. I would suggest getting a bigger PWS in consideration of budget.

You have to take into consideration.

When you buy a system off the market from retail, they put in a PWS just big enough to handle what the default configuration is.

sorry for the grammar.. i just suck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/139793-best-graphics-card-my-system.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi.... I need to buy a new video card and would like to find a range cards that are compatible with win7 and will play the newer games on the market.
Thanks in advance for any assistance........

A:Looking for a graphics card for my win 7 system

For the system in your specs? First I would buy a proper PSU, then put in 6GB of triple channel RAM, if not 12GB, then put in a 5870. For that card, a Corsair HX 750 is enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/67039-looking-graphics-card-my-win-7-system.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My graphics card previously got wet and frankly I don t know enough about computers in order to know what part to order for this How can I find the best graphics card for this system Or more simply can someone tell me what is the best card this system can support Information below Field Value Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name STARFISH User Name Patrick Motherboard CPU Type DualCore system? for Best graphics card this Intel Pentium Best graphics card for this system? D MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF SCSI RAID Controller Intel R ICH R DH SATA RAID Controller Disk Drive ST AS Disk Drive WDC WD AAKX- ERMA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Belkin Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB nbsp

A:Best graphics card for this system?

Look for a model number printed on your motherboard, usually printed around the CPU area.

The info you provided only tells us you are using a Pentium D. Most likely an 820 (could also be either 915 or 920) but not positive. In any case this would be an LGA775 platform, which usually has a PCIe x16 slot. But without knowing the model number of the motherboard so we can check, I'm not going to swear on PCIe x16 support. I am leaning toward PCIe x16 support, since you stated having a graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphics-card-for-this-system.207505/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I currently have an GT mb graphics card it runs WoW and CS S alright but im looking for a little better performance I found this card and was wondering if my computer has enough power supply and system graphics this Can run card? my has all the right other hook ups Here is the card s specs GPU VPU NVIDIA GeForce GS RAMDAC Dual MHz Additional Features RoHS Compliant HDCP Enabled HDTV Ready SLI Ready OpenGL DirectX PCI Express Vista Certified Maximum Resolution x Digital Video Memory MB Memory Type DDR Core Clock MHz Memory Interface -bit Memory Clock MHz Stream Processors Interface Type PCI Express Interface Speed x Connector s Dual DVI Dual Link HDTV S-Video Multiple Monitors Support Yes It also has heat sink and a fan I m getting the card from a friend so if I can run it Can my system run this graphics card? let me know How do I post up my system specs so you guys can tell me if I can run it Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it Can my system run this graphics card? nbsp

A:Can my system run this graphics card?

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If your computer is a brand label (like Dell; HP; ...) then type in the Brand and model number in the mobo field of your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-system-run-this-graphics-card.114515/
Relevancy 56.33%

I needed to get a new graphics card for my computer, it has a AMD FX 8350. I also don't want it to bottleneck. Please give me some suggestions on a card.

A:New Graphics card for my system

Based on the game, processor speed is what is bottlenecking GPU's. What games do you play and at what resolution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295750-new-graphics-card-my-system.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey im looking for a new graphics card, but im unsure on which to get and how to find out if it even fits, i've had my eye on this graphics card for a while ( https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecial...n+McRae+DIRT+2+?productId=38286&rqcType=q#rqc ) Simply because of the price and performance it has, i was wondering if it was compatible for this system - http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/gateway-fx8030-core-2/1707-3118_7-32425771.html If it isn't compatible, could you reccomend any graphics cards that will fit and still give me better performance? I currently have the 9600GT and am needing an upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-graphics-card-fit-this-system.970608/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm looking at the specs on this:
Lenovo IdeaCentre K450e Desktop (57327391) Black
and I can't figure out what that graphics card actually is. As named, it doesn't appear to exist.
Any ideas?
I won't be building one, for various reasons, so has anyone found a better off-the-shelf, sub-1k system?
I'd be gaming and watching videos. I'd do both at the same time, ideally, so dual monitor support would be great.
Thanks!

A:What is THIS graphics card (pre-fab system)?

"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 720 2GB Graphics" is listed for its graphics device.

What's the actual description in the Display Adapters heading in the Device Manager?

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-this-graphics-card-pre-fab-system.1131336/
Relevancy 55.9%

I installed as HP printer and after install the systme no longer saw my sound card or my wireless card. They no longer showed up in device manager. I removed both cards, drivers and software. Re-installed them several times with no luck, system still did not detect them. I tried system restore, still no luck.
I have Win XP, sp2, the sound card is Sound Blaster X-Fi, wireless card is Linksys Speed Booster. Mother board is Interl DG965 WH, processor is Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8, 1 Gig RAM
Can anyone offer a suggestion?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-doesnt-see-sound-or-wireless-card.537467/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Aspire X1700 and I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm trying to find a graphics card that will work for my system. Right now I have a GeForce 100 and it works fine but I'm looking for the best graphics card that my PC will support. I'm a gamer and I'm looking for something that'll run games like oblivion and fallout with high video settings smoothly.

A:I need help choosing the best graphics card for my system

I've been looking at the Radeon HD 5570 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874). Would that work on my PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/113797-i-need-help-choosing-best-graphics-card-my-system.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am wanting to upgrade my graphics card to the following one
http://www.cclonline.com/product/72...-Radeon-HD-6850-Graphics-Card-1024MB/VGA0482/

Would this work on my current system M3400 ACER ?

I think my computer has a 300W power supply.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 2.6Ghz
RAM: Soon to be 8GB

EDIT:
On this page about my PC model info it says maximum PSU 300W, does that mean I am screwed and cant get this ? as I wont be able to upgrade power supply if its needed or is that something else ?

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/PT.SE0E2.053

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi My current card can run The Sims on the minumum possible settings at an outstanding frames per second Jealous much In case you didn t realise I really wanna replace this hunk of junk As stated it can barely run The Sims let alone any other games The card is integrated into my motherboard in graphics system? my card work this Will its the ATi Radeon Xpress I want to replace it with a ATi HD The GB DDR version However I need to know if its going to be compatible with my computer I currently have a W power supply without a PCI-E connector So I need to replace that But money is tight I need to keep the combined cost of Will this graphics card work in my system? the PSU and the graphics Will this graphics card work in my system? card under Here s what I wanna buy PSU http www ebuyer com product Graphics http www Will this graphics card work in my system? videocardshop co uk viewproduct aspx part HD- X-ZDFC Some info on the card I wanna buy http www amd com us products desktop graphics ati-radeon-hd- hd- Pages ati-radeon-hd- -overview aspx I need to know that I ll have no problems working it Here are my specs Windows Xp Home SP Bit Mobo Rio - GA- TRC MNF-RH Intel Pentium D Smithfield GHz GB DDR - RAM although I actually have GB but it only detects GB but thats another story and I know what to do to fix it PCI-E x slot So will I have any problems with getting it to work Will the PSU at the link be good enough for it My computer doesn t accept DDR RAM so will a DDR graphics card be alright My PCIE slot is only a PCIE do I need a PCIE Will I have any problems with the Physical Address Space ie Will I get all of the memory out of it Is there anything I need to know before buying and installing a new card I need to be certain I really don t want to have to sell it on again after buying it if it doesn t work Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I plan on purchasing a Fujitsu PI Amilo desktop Intel Core Quad Processor Q processor GHz processor speed MB cache GB RAM GB hard drive capacity x optical drive x CD-ROM read speed x CD-RW write speed x DVD-ROM read speed x DVD-RW write speed NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card GB graphics memory Media card reader - compatible with Compact Flash I Compact Flash II Micro Drive Smart Media Card Memory Stick Memory Stick Duo Memory Stick PRO Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Stick Micro Secure Digital Secure Digital HC Mini Secure Digital Micro Secure Digital Multimedia Card RS Multimedia Card Multimedia Card mobile Multimedia Card micro xD picture Card xD picture Card M type xD picture Card H type adapter required x USB ports x Ethernet Card Upgrading This With System? Graphics ports x FireWire Upgrading Graphics Card With This System? ports x PCI Express x x PCI Express x x PCI PCI slots high-definition audio sound card Microsoft Vista Home Premium operating system installed Software included Norton Internet Security trial version with days free updates Nero Wired keyboard and mouse Size H W D cm Weight kg Click to expand I have a PNY Geforce GTS MB PCI Express Graphics Card Will I be able to use this card in the system nbsp

A:Upgrading Graphics Card With This System?

Don't know what power supply comes with the unit, but the card calls for:
Minimum 450W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 24A)Click to expand...

So you may need to upgrade the PSU if it doesn't meet that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-graphics-card-with-this-system.937037/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am thinking of upgrading my graphics card and would like
some advice.My system is a PII 400 MHz with an Intel
i740 card, someone said the latest cards won't be a good
choice since they require a better system and that I should
look for TNT2 or Geforce 2mx at the most.The i740 card was
not able to run 3D intensive games but after updating to
DirectX 8.0 it was able to run most of them although at
lower resolutions.Now it seems the newer games need
multitexturing, which my card does not support.So what
do you think?

Thanks

A:Graphics card upgrade for PII system

gforce2 mx 400 would be a low cost choice, the tnt2 is too old in my opinion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-upgrade-for-pii-system.98504/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys, I've got a somewhat older Dell Dimension 4800, with Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (integrated card) and I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the graphics card or if I'm stuck with what I've got because it's an integrated card? I know for laptops if you've got integrated you're basically screwed, which is the case with my ATI Raden X1200, but is it possible to update desktops? Thanks!