Windows Support Forum

new graphics card doesn't work with 720 TV

Q: new graphics card doesn't work with 720 TV

We've recently had a new graphics card installed, GeForce 220, and are having problems viewing on the TV. When we start the computer we can see it loading up, but when it finishes and gets to the desktop the screen will go blank and we can't see anything. The computer is no forced to use the VGA and we can't watch any videos, DVDs etc. The computer will not recognize the TV if we have both the TV and a monitor. We have tried other tvs/monitors and the video card is working properly so we figure it is the tv being a 720, anyone have any solutions/suggestions for me that don't involve buying a new TV? Oh we are running Vista 32bit. Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: new graphics card doesn't work with 720 TV

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: new graphics card doesn't work with 720 TV

hm... did you update the drivers? or try it in safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/275431-new-graphics-card-doesnt-work-720-tv.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have lost my cd rom windows will not acknowledge that it is there although on start up is is shown as being found. thanks for the help with the video card.

A:lost cd-romdrive while installing graphics card card doesn,t work right either

Welcome to the forum Ray and Julia,

Recheck all the cables and make sure they are plugged in properly.

When you install a new video card you have to remove ALL drivers for the old card.
Uninstall the drivers for the old card in Add/Remove Programs and if you don't have the option there, check in Control Panel/Device Manager and make sure there are not 2 cards showing under Display Adapters. If the old one is still showing, Highlight it and click Remove.

Uninstall the new video card drivers, restart then re-install the new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-cd-romdrive-while-installing-graphics-card-card-doesn-t-work-right-either.63047/
Relevancy 81.27%

I connected a gtx 750 it frozr to my hp xw 8400 workstation, when i powered everything it didn't boot and there was a red light and 6 beeps in  a row (graphics card not detected).  How is this possible that it can't detect my graphics card?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-gtx-750-it-doesn-t-work/td-p/5706511
Relevancy 81.27%

I connected a gtx 750 it frozr to my hp xw 8400 workstation, when i powered everything it didn't boot and there was a red light and 6 beeps in  a row (graphics card not detected).  How is this possible that it can't detect my graphics card?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-gtx-750-it-doesn-t-work/td-p/5706513
Relevancy 80.41%

I just bought a new computer from Acer it was fitted with Work New Want Card To Graphics Suddenly Doesn't Nvidia s Geforce G since I had a GT lying around I placed it in the computer It worked for about a week then suddenly quit When I hit the power button the fans start turning but the monitor says there s no video input I thought it was the GT that New Graphics Card Suddenly Doesn't Want To Work was malfunctioning so I fit it into my other rig surprisingly enough New Graphics Card Suddenly Doesn't Want To Work it still works The new New Graphics Card Suddenly Doesn't Want To Work Acer computer still works with onboard graphics though I bought the Acer M Here s the link to the computer s page http www acer com sg acer product d e c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Here are the computer s specs Intel G Express Chipset Intel Core Quad Processor Q GHz MB L Cache FSB GB Ram GB S-ATA HDD Nvidia GeForce G Acer said it was quot Probably incompatible with the motherboard quot I doubt so since it worked for a week nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys Mettalknight here

I recently bought a new Graphics Card (A Powercolor HD7750 Pic) this graphics card has 1 HDMI 1 VGA and 1 DVI slot. My old graphics card had the same setup so I thought no problem I will just take my 2 vga monitors and since I already have a converter it will work no problem right? Well I was wrong on that one. So my VGA monitor now works but the one that is converting from DVI to VGA doesn't. Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to go out and buy a new converter?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Mettalknight

A:Got a new graphics card and now my second monitor doesn't work

The problem is that the new card is DVI only on the DVI port. Also what you are connecting with is not a converter but an adapter. An actual DVI to VGA converter can cost upwards of $100 or more, where the adapters are a couple of dollars at most.

Sounds like your old card (what was it by the way?) was intended to do VGA over the DVI port in addition to the native VGA port. Unfortuneatly there is much you can do in this regard as very few if any cards made recently do more than VGA from one port, either native or via DVI adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/295208-got-new-graphics-card-now-my-second-monitor-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 80.41%

i have put my graphics card in and than clocked my integrated one. then i found out taht the SiS card sucks and i tried to get my geforce back inside. oh and it says SATA device not found even though i installed a new SATA driver from SiS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-work-on-the-second-insert.328499/
Relevancy 80.41%

hey guys,
yesterday i bought a new Nvidia XFX 7600gt AGP to replace my old 5200 AGP and i got 512mb ram to up my gaming performance. I put these into my computer, the correct slots and everything, plugged my comp back in with the new adapter from the comp to monitor and then the problem began. The computer booted up, and the monitor had power, but nothing was displayed on the screen. Instead of a green light on the monitor, there is an amber one like when it's in standby. I'm baffled.
My specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 3CPUS
3.00ghz
Previously had 512mb ram, just put another 512 in.
Previously had 5200 AGP, just put in a 7600GT AGP.

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-work-with-new-graphics-card.84485/
Relevancy 78.69%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dimension computer and recently purchased a Radeon graphics card After installing the card all I get on my monitor is quot No Signal quot Is this a compatible card for this computer And if it is any suggestions as to what might resolve 9100 work, 4400, Graphics Dimension card doesn't Radeon this issue Thanks y all After chatting with Dell Support they say that my system may not be compatible with MB card However when I search their parts and upgrades for my computer all the graphics cards they recommend are MB MB even MB cards Now if my system won t handle those cards then why do they recommend them as upgrades When I Graphics card doesn't work, Dimension 4400, Radeon 9100 asked that to the dell chat rep he said I d have to contact Dell Solution Station which of course I d then have to pay them to use Man I m really about to get fed up with Dell So does anyone know if this is true Will the MB card not work in my system if my system is set for MB nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't work, Dimension 4400, Radeon 9100

The memory located on the video card is separate from the computers system memory. The set 64MB memory, is on-board graphics memory. You should turn the on-board graphics in the bios off before you install a graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-doesnt-work-dimension-4400-radeon-9100.144238/
Relevancy 76.97%

and the DVD burner wont burn via windows XP I have to use quot drag and drop CD-DVD quot from sony to burn a cd This all happened on the same day Something is attacking drivers and softwars programs Here is the log from the Panda Scan lt quote gt Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool Application PRScheduler Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Start Menu Programs Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe Adware adware azesearch Not disinfected c windows system ztoolbar bmp Adware adware dollarrevenue Not disinfected c windows keyboard not work, com graphics Programs card wont doesn't load, working... port dat Adware adware cydoor Not disinfected c windows cdmxtras Potentially unwanted tool application need find Not disinfected hkey local machine software microsoft windows currentversion uninstall Need FindBar Uninstall Potentially unwanted tool application altnet Not disinfected hkey local machine software Altnet Adware adware getup Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware powerscan Not disinfected Windows Registry Virus bck bagz ab Disinfected Operating system Adware adware instafinder Not Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... disinfected Windows Registry Hacktool exploit mhtredir gen Not disinfected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Code Store Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... Database Distribution Units - - - - Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout o Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout atwola txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Statcounter Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout statcounter txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Guest CREATIVE Cookies guest atwola txt Spyware Cookie WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt statse webtrendslive com Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt com com Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atwola com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atdmt com Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt mediaplex com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt ads pointroll com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt tribalfusion com Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt zedo com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Docu... Read more

A:Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working...

Update. AVG free is finding nothing. Ad-Aware SE would hang up on me but I think the panda scan took care of that because I ran ad-aware again and it ran through to completion... however it didn't fix any problems.
My Pole Display for our store is not working from the COM port.
My Graphics card isn't giving me the technicolor display anymore because I disabled it, but of course now I can't play games without the hardware acceleration. When I enable it and start the system over it does it all over again.
Generally comp runs slow... When I go to shut down I have to close lots of dll file programs. On start up I get pop ups.

Please help...

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-wont-load-graphics-card-doesnt-work-com-port-not-working-186749.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi TechSpot folk, and thanks for in advance for anyone who can help me.

I've bought myself a new video card yesterday; HIS Radeon X1650 Pro 512mb IceQ, AGP. I went ahead to install it, and I get no picture after booting up.

I am receiving a signal to the monitor (I am not getting a "check signal" message) but no image comes to the PC. I went to put my old card in which is a Gigabyte 128mb 9600 Pro, and it now it doesn't work either!!!

Both cards are receiving power as theirs fans are chugging along.

I had also purchased a 1gig stick of RAM to complement my new video card, so I set my PC up the way it was before the attempted installation of the new card. Still nothing happening.

Current components of PC are:

P4 2.8ghz (D865PERL)
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
512mb RAM
DVD and Lite-On burner

A:New video card install no good, now older card doesn't work either

I don't know about the 9600 Pro but the X1650 Pro should have a power connector on it. Possibly a floppy drive type connector. Was that plugged in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-install-no-good-now-older-card-doesnt-work-either.88311/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just to let you guys know, I'm new so forgive any mistakes.

The title says it all.

I get a replacement GPU (GT240) because my first GPU stopped working. The first time I install the card, nothing comes up on the monitor so I plug my D-Sub cable back into my integrated graphics. I download the new drivers. I restart my computer and what do you know my gpu works. All this was done at night by the way. The next day when I wake up, I turn on my computer. Nothing appears on my screen. I still have D-Sub plugged into my gpu. On the monitor it says "no signal".

I should enough power. I have a 450w Corsair PSU.
My first GPU (actually second) was a GIGABYTE GT 240 1GB DDR3
The replacement is an ASUS (they didn't have another GIGABYTE card) GT 240 1GB DDR3

A:New Graphics, Works Once, Doesn't Work Again!

Uninstall all existing drivers and display devices in device manager and add or remove programs. Download driver sweeper and run in windows normal and safe mode. Reinsert new graphics card and go to nvidia's website to download newest drivers.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-works-once-doesnt-work-again.145652/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello. Few days ago i bought a new laptop. HP Notebook 15-ay057nw. Everything was okey but not the graphic card and performance. I can't play games !!! ;/ Laptop uses only Intel HD Graphics. I have the newest drivers in both graphic cards. In BIOS i can not find the option to change graphic card. I set all to "max performance" but still the dedicated card doesn't work ;/Dedicated card in any apps, games are 0%. I try everything and i can not find the solution. Guys please help me i really need a helpI'm giving a prof to this the AMD Graphic card is 0%. In dxdiag the first graphic card is Intel HD Graphics. In the advanced options of resolution the graphic card is Intel. Sorry for my english, i'm polish so my english not the best. Thanks for any help-Best wishes, Luke

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-t-change-graphic-card-Dedicated-card-doesn-t-work/td-p/5793682
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all I recently had a bit of a problem with my graphics card Yesterday I turned my computer on and nothing would come up on both my monitors The light on them just blinked The computer worked fine I was even able to use it through LogMeIn so it was a problem related to the monitors hence the graphics card I opened it up and right Card my doesn't to Something with seem be Graphics cleaned a bit Now I managed to turn it on successfully except for some weird things that have been happening - I can t use Aero I m stuck with the Basic Theme on Windows Can t change it to Aero - When running some fullscreen games I Something doesn't seem to be right with my Graphics Card get terrible framerate Weirdly when I switch to windowed mode the framerate goes back to Also I already tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing changed Also I Something doesn't seem to be right with my Graphics Card m a bit scared of turning it off again and not being able to turn it back on What can I do to fix these things Is the graphics card really faulty despite it having turned on again What can I do to fix these problems I listed before Thanks in advance TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN A VMX Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Something doesn't seem to be right with my Graphics Card

To be honest I would say it was a hardware fault. Have you got a different PCI slot you can try putting the card in as this could be the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-doesnt-seem-to-be-right-with-my-graphics-card.1036436/
Relevancy 62.78%

My friend had been having some trouble with his graphics card it kept crashing during games and eventually seemed to burn out all together So he bought a new one When he installed it the network was gone he had to reinstall his network card drivers then he updated his graphics card drivers Everything seems peachy He loaded up starcraft II and the game crashes to desktop everytime He can t even select a mode to play So he uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them Now the game loaded at work dont' and same card network card time. the graphics up just fine and he can play BUT when network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. it loads up the network crashes and he has to reinstall the network drivers After the computer restarts he loaded up starcraft II and now it crashes again So it seems like everytime he updates the network drivers it screws up the graphics card and everytime he updates the graphics card drivers it network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. screws up the network card I ve never heard of a problem like this so I m at a loss to help nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Since the anniversary update my graphics card has become invisible.

A:My PC doesn't detect my graphics card

Hi! Please provide more information. How are you looking for your graphics card? Are you looking in devise manager??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442064-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello First sorry if I am asking simple doesn't graphics fan turn card's My questions but I really don t know the answers I don t mean to waste your time and I would really appreciate any help My PC freezes up whenever I try and play a game and it happens with all of my games This started to happen a couple of weeks ago Everything was okay before this started happening I haven t changed the hardware and the only software change I have made was to install Civ IV Grrr Usually the screen just freezes and I have to restart The games start as normal and play as normal for about mintues My graphics card's fan doesn't turn before they freeze My graphics card's fan doesn't turn up On a hunch I tried swapping my Radeon Pro for my old MX graphics card There are no problems with the old graphics card After putting the Radeon Pro back in my machine I noticed that the fan doesn t turn I had to use a mirror to check I took the card out to clean the fan and I noticed that the heatsink was hot I say I noticed the heatsink was hot - I actually burnt my finger and hopped around the room swearing So my diagnosis is the games are freezing up because the graphics card is overheating And the graphics card is overheating because the fan isn t working I don My graphics card's fan doesn't turn t know why the fan isn t working The card is connected up with a four-pin lead from the PSU and should have all the power is needs My PSU is W Does my diagnosis sound okay - is the problem with the fan What can I do about it I m hoping that I can replace either the fan or both the heatsink and fan on my graphics card but I don t even know if that s possible What do you recommend I already have two case fans and I don t have a spare PCI slot for extra cooling All helpful suggestions welcomed - except the suggestion to just carry on using my old graphics card and stop whining nbsp

A:My graphics card's fan doesn't turn

Arctic Cooling makes extremely high quality, quiet aftermarket coolers for ATI GPU's. The units for the 9800 Pro's are about $30 USB. Combined with a dab of Arctic Silver 5, you're 9800 Pro should no longer have any temperature related issues... plus also be very ready to try Overclocking if you choose this route.

The main problem is- Arctic Silencers are about 40mm thick, so it will be tight in the AGP slot if you have something in the first PCI slot. I'd think this is a bad combination anyways since the first PCI slot usually has shared resources with the AGP slot and should always be left open anyways.

If you think you have enough room (try measuring from the PCB on the 9800 pro and out where the fan is now to be 45mm or so), the link is:
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=36&data=1&disc=

It's either this or you remove the fan yourself and hit an electronics store in hopes of finding a suitable replacement if you wish to repair vs. replace the 9800 Pro.

If it's a true-blue ATI, it may still be under warranty as ATI cards of that era carry a 3-year warranty. If you still have proof of purchase documentation, ATI will most likely RMA the card in a week or two. Realize any repairs you attempt yourself will of course void that warranty.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-graphics-cards-fan-doesnt-turn.39040/
Relevancy 61.92%

I Pro Win Graphics card register doesn't XP finally bit the bullet and did a installation repair of the system The PC works fine now except for one fact - XP Pro cannot see the Radeon X GT AGP card According to the Hardware Device manager I have no display adapter and the system refuses to install drivers downloaded from the AMD site Even the installation software from AMD balks since it too cannot find the card While this is going on Windows is using the standard vga driver I would have been inclined to think that the card might be faulty but This is a dual booting PC and the alternative OS is Lubuntu The Win XP Pro doesn't register Graphics card card is identified absolutely correctly in that system and the driver used is excellent I Win XP Pro doesn't register Graphics card would be grateful for any help in getting Windows to recognize the video card Update I solved this Somewhere in the Hardware Device listings was something called a Microsoft AGP Filter abd a little further down a ViA AGP something or other I uninstalled them and re-started XP now said it had fouund new Hardware and offered to install I declined assuming that if the system could now see the graphics card ATI should also do so as I had already an ATI driver handy Installed the ATI driver and it worked so this machine is now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541662/win-xp-pro-doesnt-register-graphics-card/
Relevancy 61.06%

My motherboard is gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 3 and it doesn't seem to detect my graphics card. If I plug my monitor in the graphics card I won't see anything, but if I plug it directly into the mother board I can see it. The graphics card is also from gigabye but I don't know its name. Do you have any idea on how to solve this ?

Edit : My graphics card is gv-n460se-1gi

A:My computer doesn't seem to recognise my graphics card

Hi do you have the 2 six pin power connection connected to the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/372414-my-computer-doesnt-seem-recognise-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, I've been having this problem 2 days ago and it's a bit frustrating. I was just playing some games when it suddenly restarted automatically. My device manager doesn't seem to acknowledge my graphics card anymore for some apparent reason. I've tried plugging my monitor in my graphics card and it just seems like on a standby mode with the blank screen showing nothing. But when I plug my monitor to my motherboard port it shows up fine and is in the device manager. I've tried cleaning my drivers with "Driver Sweeper" then reinstalling the lastest driver for my graphics card, but that didn't do anything. I was hoping if anyone knows what's wrong with my graphics card . Thank you.

Is my graphics card burnt/broken?

EDIT:
Graphics card - Radeon x1900

A:System doesn't detect Graphics Card

OK first of all there are no drivers for Windows 7 supporting you card. Your card is not even supported by Windows Vista as support has been removed, therefore, the reason for the problems you have been experiencing is a driver issue not the card itself. You cannot use 6.5 drivers on you card, the reason why you are getting these blank screens and dropping out of games is because of the drivers.

Not the news you peobably wanted to here but an upgrade is needed the drivers which would have been used would have been Catalyst 9.3.

ATI Catalyst? Display Driver
Version 9.3

9.3 Operating System(s)

Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition Products Supported

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon? graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.
The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst? driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above.

Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon? HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon? HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon? HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst? releases made available past the ATI Catalyst? 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13721-system-doesnt-detect-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I m running an eMachines M notebook It has an ATI Radeon Mobility U also known as ATI Radeon acknowledge card graphics my System doesn't Mobility IGP M graphics card I recently installed Vista I noticed that I didn t have the Aero color scheme available and discovered it was because I didn t have D Acceleration I checked the Device Manager to see if there was a problem with my graphics card System doesn't acknowledge my graphics card and low and behold it was only showing VGA I disabled VGA and rebooted and Device Manager then listed my graphics card but had the yellow exclamation point indicating that there was a resource conflict and that the graphics card wouldn t work until I disabled another device on the system I couldn t figure out where the conflict was I disabled just about System doesn't acknowledge my graphics card everything I could without completely crashing my system but every time I would disable a device more and more resource conflicts would pop up How can I get my system to recognize my graphics card without having conflicting resources Also is there any way to enable D Acceleration on my graphics card I don t think it supports it but I ve seen a few mentions of a patch or something nbsp

A:System doesn't acknowledge my graphics card

The yellow flag may or may not be a resource conflict. Usually it is simply a defective or incorrect driver. Download the new driver. Once you know where it is, go to the Device Manager in System and remove or disable existing driver. Then install correct driver for VISTA.
Cannot figger out why you would want VISTA on an M310. I would move back to WXP at the first opportunity, as eMachines does not easily make the drivers available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-doesnt-acknowledge-my-graphics-card.109047/
Relevancy 61.06%

i have about a 5 yr old compaq running xp.i had bestbuy to put in a radeon 9550 avg graphics card and i had to restore my com now windows wont detect the card so when i try to install the soft ware it says it cant find any hardware to install the software.i could use any help plz and ty.
Edit/Delete Message

A:Windows doesn't detect my new graphics card

Double post

Already answered here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic112198.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-detect-my-new-graphics-card.112205/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I bought a new graphics card ATI Radeon AGP and I plugged it into my AGP slot after removing my old NVIDIA Geforece Ti graphics card and its drivers When I turn on the power supply with my new graphics card in my monitor doesn t turn on and remains on standby mode I made sure that everything is plugged in properly Is there a way of allowing me to fix this problem so I can carry on with installing the drivers Here is my system overview ------------------ System Information new turn put in after card my Monitor I on graphics doesn't ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AWARA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Default System Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell M Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-F - C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x C DE Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoPr... Read more

A:Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card

You see no video at all, even no bios screen? If this is true, the new card may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-i-put-in-my-new-graphics-card.142240/
Relevancy 61.06%

A few weeks ago I reinstalled Vista because of some problems. I believe I updated all the drivers, service packs, and directx (I believe). I tried playing a game and an error message appeared, "unable to initialize direct 3D" I've searched around and tried to fix the problem but haven't found anything. Here's the dxdiag system tab:

And here is the display tab, my graphics card does not show up:

Here's a screenshot of the device manager, which gives me code 43:

Here's a screen of GPU-Z:

And Here's a screen of CPU-Z:
If there is anything else you need me to provide, just let me know. I'd really like to get this problem solved. I've reinstalled the video card drivers and it didn't help, I'm thinking it might be a BIOS problem. Any suggestions?

A:Dxdiag doesn't recognize graphics card

Hello, try Speccy, free program and see if it shows your hardware . Get free of it here : Speccy - Download

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294758-dxdiag-doesnt-recognize-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All!

I have a nvidia graphics card (Not sure what kind, It's part of the problem) and windows 7 does not recognize it. It branded my computer with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter."

I was wondering if there is anyway to check my graphics card in this state or fix this problem without knowing what kind of driver to update

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Recognize My Graphics Card

Welcome to seven forums. We can try going to device manager>right click on display adpater>properties>details tab>drop down menu> hardware id(first in list) Copy and Paste the hardware id string. This should allow us to figure out your video card. Or try typing in the search box sys info click on system info>then components>display. however if it is'nt reconizing it I don't think it will show up, but might as well give it a try.Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/58285-windows-7-doesnt-recognize-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently got a VGA-HDMI Cable, so I could link my TV to my computer, but when I went to plug it in, my computer did not detect it. I then tried to force my computer to detect it, as many of the things I saw online recommended this, but this did not work either.
Please help me!
Thanks
J
Also, if its any help, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series, and as this is a laptop, I cant really get a new graphics card.

Relevancy 61.06%

First time post so thanks in advance for any advice Here's the problem My GeForce GTX is no longer recognized by my computer As a result it doesn't recognize my monitor specifics either When I look under Device Manager it doesn't have a listing for display adapters at all There is a new entry under quot Other devices quot doesn't card graphics recognize System labeled quot Video Controller VGA Compatible quot When I reboot or quot System doesn't recognize graphics card scan for new hardware quot it trys to download drivers but fails When I try to manually update the driver I get a message quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it NVIDIA GeForce GTX GTX The system cannot find the filed specified quot I've tried everything including updating my BIOS updating my mainboard drivers downloading current WQHL certified graphics drivers uninstalling any and all drivers related to NVIDIA etc with no luck I have a feeling there is something simple that I'm not doing but I have no idea what System doesn't recognize graphics card it is Any help I can't play any games because the system quot Failed to find a suitable display device Exiting program quot

A:System doesn't recognize graphics card

Hello Thunck,
Did it just stop suddenly or has it been playing up for a while ?, if you have another card can you try that or try re-seating your card, and also check to see if it is getting power, i had a problem like this and i removed the power lead from the PSU for about 5 min's, then re-connected it and it worked, dont ask me why but it did. Good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/232625-system-doesnt-recognize-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a new monitor today so I could run two screens off my computer so I had more space to photoshop ect. My computer doesn't seem to notice that my new monitor is plugged in and my graphics card doesn't give me the option to use my new monitor.
I do have two monitor outputs on my motherboard/processor
Any ideas?
nvidea geforce 7300 GT

A:Graphics card doesn't accept dual monitors

I am not sure if I will be able to provide an answer but someone else here may be able to help if we knew the exact brand and model number of your computer and/or motherboard.

Your subject line mentions a graphics card. If you do have a separate graphics card plugged in, also please give us the exact brand and model number of the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-accept-dual-monitors.862439/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I recently performed a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate onto my computer. While doing so, I had to unplug my graphics card and use the onboard video, otherwise I'd get an error about unexpected restarts.

After installing, Windows 7 doesn't detect the graphics card (the card works, but it doesn't show up under the device manager and I can't install nVidia drivers). If I use the BIOS to switch to onboard video, then that shows up on the device manager and works fine, but I use this PC for gaming so I'd prefer to use the video card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Graphics Card - nVidia 9600 GT
Motherboard - ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU - AMD 64 4800+
RAM - 3GB

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Detect nVidia Graphics Card

Which drivers did you try, these?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Also, did you try running windows updates afterwards, specifically "optional" updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/69342-windows-7-doesnt-detect-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a new monitor today so I could run two screens off my computer so I had more space to photoshop ect. My computer doesn't seem to notice that my new monitor is plugged in and my graphics card doesn't give me the option to use my new monitor.
I do have two monitor outputs on my motherboard/processor
Any ideas?
nvidea geforce 7300 GT

A:Graphics card doesn't accept dual monitors

Duplicate post of:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/862439-graphics-card-doesnt-accept-dual.html

FYI, Site rules:
Multiple Postings - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, use the "Report Thread" button at the bottom of the post and we'll move it. We also reserve the right to move posts to other forums and delete duplicates.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-accept-dual-monitors.862446/
Relevancy 60.63%

Yesterday I got battlefield 2 and installed it. It was working fine until I got to the start menu. Then this thing popped up and said my graphics card was going to reset its resolution and needed to restart the computer. So I said yes then restarted the game and got back to the menu but it did the same thing so I went online and looked up the requirements for a BF2 graphics card. It said it could take ATI radeon 8600. So I'm thinking wait I have ATI 9250 and thats higher soooooooooooo. I NEED HELP PLEASE.

A:Battlefield 2 doesn't support a higher graphics card need help!!

Go to BF2 website and make sure you have the latest patch installed for that stupid game. By stupid I mean "nothing but technical problems for everyone that buys it". Your 9250 is supported. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the 9250 from the ATI website and the latest mobo chipset drivers. Also you'll need Direct 9.0c installed (prob on the installation disk).

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-2-doesnt-support-a-higher-graphics-card-need-help.41409/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I don't know a lot about computers, but I can make my way around one fairly ok, I'm trying to fix up a graphics card for my father, but the system seems to not like Asus driver setup, I don't know what to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The graphics card is; Asus AH 3450/ DI/ 512MD2 (LP)

How can I insert images here?

A:Trying to load driver for graphics card and computer doesn't like it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-load-driver-for-graphics-card-and-computer-doesnt-like-it.890661/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been looking for a Windows 7 driver for a NVIDIA Geforce Go 6800
for an Alienware Area-51 M7700 laptop. Every driver that I download from NVIDIA's website gives me the error message during the installation that it cannot find a
driver compatible with my hardware. Windows 7 has installed a generic "standard VGA adapter" which does not allow for aero functionality. Any suggestions as to how I could resolve this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Recognize NVIDIA Graphics Card

This driver is a 32bit only driver, for windows XP, and will not install on a 64bit OS ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/141377-windows-7-doesnt-recognize-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently developed a problem with my PC (p4 2.8 win XP 2gb ram) where
it doesn't want to seem to work with my 6800LE anymore.

Basically what happens is that I boot it up, get as far as the logon screen
and then my screen goes black and nothing works. Not even trying to use
the keyboard to login without seeing it happen.

Things I've tried:
Used a different graphics card.
Tried it with a 7300GT and got the same problem

Tried it with a 5200FX and PC works fine!

The difference between the 5200 and both the 7300 and 6800 is that the latter
both required a power supply.

So I've tried disconnecting everything to the powersupply except the
MB, HD and the gfx card and I get the same problem.

Has anyone got any ideas on what else I can try?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have purchased a T amp W Electronics TW TV Tuner card China Manufacturer My card uses Philips SAA HL chip I installed the driver dated and the software Ulead email protected included on the driver CD My TV tuner card work well for a few seconds then the video froze no motion but the sound is still coming out from my speaker my computer becomes extremely slow Card work TV ! well doesn't nearly not responding for a while I pressed ALT F and waited for about minutes the software closed and my computer returned to normal state I tried many times but the same situation occured I tried installing other drivers older and newer from LifeView PowerView and even from DriverAgent com I can t find any driver update on T amp W website also I tried other TVR Softwares like LifeView TVR IuVCR ChrisTV but they didn TV Card doesn't work well ! t work for me Did anyone of you meet the same problem Please help me out Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I sent this laptop in for repair awhile ago and I just noticed that my computer doesn't recognize my dedicated NVIDIA 650m graphics card. It's not avalible in device manager or anything. It's as if it doesn't exist. I've started doing some work where I really need it and I'm stuck with the integrated graphics. I've ensured every drive is up to date, I've tried downloading drivers from NVIDIA's website, and I've tried downloading HP's posted Windows 8 drivers (there's nothing for WIndows 10). Nothing has worked so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-dv6t-7000-doesn-t-detect-graphics-card/td-p/5638917
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm not particularly knowledgeable with computers so please bear with me if I'm missing something overwhelmingly simple Anyway I'm trying to figure out exactly which graphics card is in this old machine A friend passed it along to me after mine gave up the ghost and I reinstalled Windows XP I checked DirectX Diagnostic Tool and Device Manager but neither can tell what the heck the graphics card is Neither can find the sound card either I need to know what it is so I can find the appropriate driver Here's what Device Manager lists under quot Other devices quot Audio device on high-definition audio bus SM bus controller Video controller Video controller VGA compatible I also tried the AMD doesn't recognise Device graphics Manager [SOLVED] card auto-detect tool but it flicks open for a moment then closes immediately for some reason I also opened [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card the machine up to see if I could find a product number on the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card graphics card but there isn't one There appears to have been a sticker at one point but it isn't there now The best I can tell you is that it's red and bears the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card words quot graphics by ATI Radeon quot I'm afraid I don't know much of anything else about this computer but if there's anything you need to know ask away and I'll do my best to find out If a photo of the card would help to determine its model I can do that Thanks in advance sorry I couldn't offer more info

A:[SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card

What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your make and model# and download the Chipset, Audio, and Video driver for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-device-manager-doesnt-recognise-graphics-card-692346.html
Relevancy 59.77%

This was really perplexing. I am trying to install a Galaxy GT520 on my Inspiron 546. So i take of the slot i need in the back-plate and fit the card into the slot. But...the card didn't fit into the back-plate. It's like a millimeter off.... There is a little slot that the back-plate slots go into but it doesn't fit into the slot. It's almost like it needs to be a millimeter longer. Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Graphics card doesn't fit backplate but fits in PCI Express slot

check this out http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp535mt/en/sm/cards.htm#wp1193399

GT520 is a PCI and should fit the 546, line it up as ^^^^ shows and press hard, dont ram it in there, but apply a bit of force.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-doesnt-fit-backplate-but-fits-in-pci-express-slot.180377/
Relevancy 59.77%

One day, the sound suddenly cut out. Since then, it hasn't worked. I had the same dilemma before, but then miraculously, the sound came back. The sound stayed for quite a while, a few months, then it went out again about 2 days ago. Since then, it hasn't worked.

I plugged my speakers into my phone and it worked. So the problem cannot be the speakers. I looked in my Device Manager and I can't find the driver. I tried installing the sound driver, but it tells me this:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this Setup program."

So, my computer isn't detecting the sound card. My sound card is Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

Btw, I'm running Windows XP

Anyone have any ideas or clues?

A:Sound card doesn't work...

That is a pretty old card and nothing lasts forever. Pull the card and give is a close look; see if you find any leaking caps, burned components, etc. If it looks OK, install it in another pci slot and pw ON. See if windows finds the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-doesnt-work.966337/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently purchased a new Chaintech GeForce 7300GT videocard to upgrade my computer. After following the directions my display is completely black through POST. Then the monitor shuts down. Any suggestions?

A:Video Card Doesn't Seem To Work

A friend of mine had a similar problem.
Oddly enough after installing the card a second time it worked flawlessly...!
Sorry... cant give more help (only symphathies)!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77604/video-card-doesnt-seem-to-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

deleted - wrong thread.

A:new video card doesn't work

OK, I put this in your own thread AND edited out your email addy. Replying to a guide is not going to get you any help. They are to read and use however not to reply to. Next posting your email on the forum is asking to be spammed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-video-card-doesnt-work.812545/
Relevancy 59.77%

I just got back to Windows 7 Ultimate from Windows 8.
I instantly downloaded World of Warcraft and League of Legends, and i have problems opening both.
When i open League of Legends i get the message: could not load direct3d.
And when i open World of Warcraft i get the message: Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting program.
I guess its some problem with the graphic card atleast.

DxDiag: dxdiag - Pastebin.com

A:My graphic card doesn't work as it should.

hi,

please post your pc specs...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/264000-my-graphic-card-doesnt-work-should.html
Relevancy 59.77%

JohnWill said:

I'd stick with the NEC chipset for expansion USB 2.0 cards, here's an alternative: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815166002

This should work in any desktop system with a spare PCI slot.Click to expand...

i have a dell 8200 dimension and i bought a pci card to upgrade my computer to 2.0 usb port and it is not supported and it wont work as far as 2.0 speed. sorry for butting in to this thread but i was quite dissapointed. did i get the wrong info? and can i truly upgrade my machine?

A:USB 2.0 Expansion Card Doesn't work

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. I've created a new thread for your issue here. Thanks for your cooperation.

RE your issue: It would help if you told us what specific card you purchased, and what the exact symptoms are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-expansion-card-doesnt-work.513163/
Relevancy 59.77%

The SD card reader slot on my Gateway laptop doesnt read my sd cards upon insertion. It is not the card, because I have tried multiple SD cards and they all do not work. There is no error message or anything, the drive just does not appear in my computer like it used to so that I can view the files on the card. I have had this problem previously, and it was fixed by repairing my texas instruments controller thing in device manager, but it is working ok when i look at it in device manager now without the slot working. Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 59.77%

I installed win 2k pro and no matter what I try it always installs some default vortex legacy drivers. My card is a montego a3d xstream. 90% of my games don.t work........help

A:my video card doesn't work with win 2k pro HELP.

check on microsofts website to see if that vid card is compatible. if its not then u need to either get another vid card or downgrade to 98 or ME or see if XP supports it but if 2000 doesnt then XP probably wont either. you can also check the manufacturers website to see if they have updated drivers. just make sure u search high and low for drivers before u give up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-video-card-doesnt-work-with-win-2k-pro-help.69755/
Relevancy 59.77%

Good-day to you all I m here with a necessity USB card doesn't work device The necessity to find out the solution to a problem that let me dismayed I m using Win XP SP and short time ago I ve bought a memory card reader those little usb The problem it is that when I use it on my computer I can t copy any files nor from the card to any folder of my hard disk nor from any file from the hard disk to the card Seldom it works and I can pass one file but very seldom If I want to transfer all the content of the card for example gb I can t And when I want to see files that are in the card it takes a long of time just to visualize a single file and when I want to copy it I just can t or it takes a huge time I tried this device in other computers running WIN XP SP and it worked out I have no doubts at all the that the problem is in my pc and for sure in Win XP It is not unrelated to say that other USB devices such as Mp or Mp players etc etc etc of high speed file transferring USb work well Not long time ago I tried installing my WIN XP SP in another partition just for trying if my WIN installation was USB card device doesn't work bad or somethjng but it doesn t work in the other WIN installation either I checked out the CMOS and it is all as it should be I mean the USB configuration it is marked quot Enabled quot in all the options I tried connecting it in all other ports from the front and back but it didn t work either The exact error is this quot The request could not USB card device doesn't work be performed because of an I O device error quot I just know that I don t know anything What should I do to fix USB card device doesn't work things out I thank you very much for your suggestions and answers nbsp

A:USB card device doesn't work

Does the problem just occur on very large files?

If you open the Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc) and look under the USB tree -- is there an entry there for an "Enhanced" USB controller? If so, is it "working properly"?

You might try doing what is known as a USB "cleanup":

USB CLEANUP

First set a System Restore point and test it: start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore.

The standard approach to these problems is to remove all the USB devices in the Device Manager and let Windows reinstall them. But there is a special technique to it.

I am uploading a registry patch you will need to download, unzip and run. Confirm the merge to the registry.

It is the patch described in JohnWill's note here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/449735-usb-problem.html#post3435808

Once you have installed the patch, follow the rest of his instructions.

Note: in some cases Windows does not have the proper install path for the information files required. If the New Hardware Wizard prompts you for an install location, point it to:

c:\windows\INF

This is a hidden directory, so you will need to have "show Hidden Files" enabled in Folder Options > View to see it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-card-device-doesnt-work.544781/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a dell dimension 3000 i bought a nvidia geforce pci graphics card now the only way i can get monitor to work is to keep integrated graphics enabled. if i disable integrated and have it set to auto detect graphics card i don't see nothing. i've tried everything and this is the only way monitor will work on graphics card if someone else has a dell dimension 3000 and knows what to do i would appreciatte any help cause i don't think computer is using graphics card right now for games even though its set up as primary monitor.

A:Can't get graphics card to work right

This may seem obvious but make sure that the monitor is correctly plugged into the graphics card when you turn it on and it is set to autodetect. Also, try downloading and installing the latest drivers for your particular card from the nvidia website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-graphics-card-to-work-right.800572/
Relevancy 59.77%

So no game or application will use my dedicated card all use the integrated intel graphics Tried to fix this many times over the course of months tried every forum besides this one tried calling microsoft amd and to graphics after ... 11 work get z51-70's Can't card lenovo a few times each all been incredibly useless nbsp Things I have tried nbsp Wiping hardriveUpdating BIOSChanging BIOS settingUninstalling removing all traces of both intel and AMD drivers in safe mode Can't get z51-70's graphics card to work after 11 ... then reinstalling them both in safe mode in both orders amd first then intel and vice versa setting power settings to max performancesetting radeon switchable graphics to max performanceforce stopping intel graphicsrolling back driversusing lenovo drivers massively out of date and using up to date AMD driversUsing the HDMI and VGA to output to a seperate monitora load more stuff that I have forgotten nbsp nbsp Using AMD system monitor I can see that my cpu and ram work fine but my r m is constantly at If I go into radeon settings it recognises it and says it is enabled But then when I go to Display it says No displays are currently connected to AMD products nbsp Thinking currently of sueing Lenovo soley for the amount of stress this has caused me I buy a plus laptop and the graphics card doesn't work nbsp I have upgraded the hard drive to an SSD but because of that Lenovo won't help me I have had this problem since I had the laptop changing the hard drive didn't change that atall nbsp Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do or a way to nbsp contact someone from lenovo who actually knows what they are talking about

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Can-t-get-z51-70-s-graphics-card-to-work-after-11-months-of/td-p/3479794
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I would LOVE some help. First off i have a Radeon 9250 graphics card and a Plug and Play monitor(it's an LCD TV Monitor). When I plug the monitor into the graphics card in the back of the computer, the screen is blank when I start up! I would be very happy to find out why this is and how to fix it. I'm trying to play Battlefield 2. I have a Dell Dimension 2350 if it helps. I know the intergrated graphics card can't possibly handle the game so I'm trying to get this one to work. Hate to beg but, will someone please help me?

A:I need help getting my graphics card to work!

Is the bios set up for your card AGP as first display

Getting into bios:
Turn on your computer
You will notice a very quick question of entering system bios (DEL or F1 or F2...)
Hit this key when the message displays to go to System Setup screen

Go through the setup pages and confirm AGP video support is enabled and as first display device

Make sure you save and exit
Then put the Display into the AGP connector, and restart again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-getting-my-graphics-card-to-work.95863/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking to get the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 2gb DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 DVI-I/HDMI/D-SUB Crossfire Ready Graphics Card GV-R667D3=2GI (typed the whole thing just in case ) (PC spec: http://gyazo.com/851a919b86a2675f3dea7c606766d14f and http://gyazo.com/58735cf2ad81d8140ec7e8f330fbbafd)

A:How will I know if a graphics card will work for me

I am looking to get the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 2gb DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 DVI-I/HDMI/D-SUB Crossfire Ready Graphics Card GV-R667D3=2GI (typed the whole thing just in case ) (PC spec: http://gyazo.com/851a919b86a2675f3dea7c606766d14f and http://gyazo.com/58735cf2ad81d8140ec7e8f330fbbafd)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-will-i-know-if-a-graphics-card-will-work-for-me.195131/
Relevancy 59.77%

Will this graphics card
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004...ls_o02_s00_i00

allow my Dell Dimension 3100C to support the aero theme on Windows 7 etc?

If looking for answer please ensure you are looking into a Dell Dimension 3100C and not a Dell Dimension 3100, a common mistake forgetting the 'C'

I'm unsure as about the wattage for the graphics card and the PSU.

A:Will this graphics card work?

If you have a pci-e x1 port that graphic card will work

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/281057-will-graphics-card-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am using this motherboard - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129463 and i bought this graphics card - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126981.

The motherboard has onboard VGA which i;ve been using. Normally when i go to install a graphics card on a motherboard that has onboard vga i disable the driver for the onboard graphics then reboot the pc and disable the onboard vga in the bios, slot in the new card and it works. But when i went to disable the onboard vga on this board there was no option to disable the bios and the primary graphics is already set to PCI-E. Yet when i boot up the machine with the new graphics card installed it doesn't display anything on the monitor at all. Anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 59.77%

hi, i am thinkin of buying a Creative labs geforce 2 titanium AGP 64DDRTV
for my pc. will it work on a packard bell club 77 pc, with intel celeron 500mhz, 512megs SDRAM, intel 810 graphics, 2 AGP slots.
will it work on my PC?
any help gratefully accepted,

gazza_d

Relevancy 59.77%

hi
Will a graphics card with DDR2 memory work in a motherboard that supports DDR memory.

Thanks

A:Will the graphics card work?

yes it will, the memory version of the graphics card and the system memory version are unrelated. you can run a graphics card with DDR 2,3,4 or 5 if you wish. just make sure you are using a card with the same interface of course,( PCI,AGP, PCIE etc)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-graphics-card-work.138168/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I just joined the forums because of the building frustration around my current graphics card problem I wanted to try a new game well rebuilt game APB and it shows my computer has all the necessary minimum requirements except for my graphics Graphics Which card work? will card Long story short an old friend of mine is going to build a computer for me and he asked which graphics card Which Graphics card will work? I want APB has Minimum Requirements as ATI Radeon X XT MB or GeForce MB or equivalent APB has Recommended as ATI Radeon HD XT MB or GeForce MB or equivalent With Video RAM must be MB Which Graphics card will work? Hardware T amp L must be present Pixel Shader Version must be Vertex Shader Version must be The choices I have are between ATI Radeon HD http www amd com us products desk d- Pages ati-radeon-hd- -overview aspx ATI Radeon HD http www amd com us products desk d- Pages ati-radeon-hd- -overview aspx NVIDIA GeForce GTS http www nvidia com object product-geforce-gts- -us html NVIDIA GeForce GTS http www nvidia com object product geforce Which Graphics card will work? gts us html Price is not an issue and aside from knowing which could handle the game hopefully if any knowing which is the best would help as well I would ask -how- to find out which is the best but i ve already thrown away a couple hundred of dollars and couple of months on this and I d rather just get it done as soon as possible It s exhausting so thank you for any help nbsp

A:Which Graphics card will work?

All are well above the recommended HD 2900 XT or Geforce 8800GT so any of them will do.

If those are only choices than the Radeon HD 5850 is the best.

To compare cards you need to look at benchmarks, reviews, and charts.
Here's an example: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-game-performance-radeon-hd-6670,2935-7.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphics-card-will-work.1004148/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi i purchased a E System314 last christmas. The Graphics card that came with it was useless Ati Radeon X200 series. I am now thinking of getting a better card so that i can play all the latest games fine. However this is where i need help ... There are a number of problems ...

1) Will i be able to buy any graphics card? or do they need specifications that will suit your computer? any help would be much appreciated !

Are they easy to put in and install?

Aswell as this what graphics card would you reccomend for the best playability and price?

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanxs Gary

Relevancy 59.77%

I have a year old XFX GeForce GT PCIE X that Im trying to install in a new computer with vista and on board ATI radeon HD The first couple times i tried it after install i got no graphics at all until i removed the card After going into the BIOS and changing the quot displayPort Config quot from card not help graphics get work- to Can Auto to Enabled the on board graphics would work with the card installed but not the card graphics When i try to load the supplied drivers I get this message quot The Can not get graphics card to work- help VGA detected seems not XFX's product please go to nvidia com to get the driver for the other NVIDIA VGA quot I dont understand that but i then downloaded updated drivers from Nvidia but when i try to install them i get an assortment of error messages including quot The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware quot quot you are running a bit version of nvidia uninstaller on a bit system quot quot setup detected the operating system in use is not windows vista bit quot these errors seem to contradict themselves Is it possible this card is not compatible with the computer The card may be bad as my old PC lost graphics but the geek squad a bunch of morons by the way swapped cards and still no graphics and said my MoBo was bad so i just got new PC but woudl like to use this card as I assume its better than the included built in graphics Going into the MoBo users guide it doesnt cover switching from on-board graphics to PCI slot other than describing how to configure the BIOS settings for the graphics card to support ATI Hybrid CrossFireX I tried that but it didnt seem to do anything either im guessing the ATI contol center software doesnt show the enable CrossFire option without a CrossFire compatible card installed or i didnt install the drivers correctly for that function Im loving the power of the new PC but its weak point is definatley the on board graphics

A:Can not get graphics card to work- help

Is there anyway for you to disable the onboard video in bio's?? Sounds like it is enabled and not letting your card operate. Seems like that's the cause for your installer for your driver's not to work right. Just a guess, since all the boards I own do not have onboard video. But did you do bench marks on that onboard video compared to your 8600 and see where they rate at??

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/245833-can-not-get-graphics-card-work-help.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

My next door neighbour is wanting to upgrade his graphics card so that he can play flight simulators in better quality. He has currently got "Advent Quad core intel core quad processor q6600" with an already upgraded grahics card but i can not remember the make of the one that is currently fitted.

He is wanting to buy a Nvidia 9800gtx Graphics card and fit it in to the machine. We know that there is a size issue and we can work around this but i dont know how to find out if the motherboard can give the graphics card enough power to run propperly.

Is there any way i can find out if this would work?

Thank you for reading.

JPLamb

A:Will this graphics card work?

Motherboard will probably be ok. Worry about the Power Supply.

Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105C
Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 140W
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 450W
Supplementary Power Connectors 6-pin x 2
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9800_gtx_us.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-graphics-card-work.851268/
Relevancy 59.77%

Need a little help.
Compaq Presario Media Center SR1830NX
Mobo: Asus A8AE-LE
Processor: Athlon 64 (v) 3500+ 2.2ghz
Memory: 1gb DDR SDRAM PC-3200

Don't know much about graphics cards so not sure if the one I picked out will work.

3D Fuzion model 3DFR76256GSE
GPU: Geforce 7600GS
Core Clock: 400mhz
Memory: GDDR2

The main thing that throws me off is the different memory types: DDR SDRAM for the processor and GDDR2 on the card. Does it matter? Do they have to match?

Thanks for any help you can give
Steve

A:Will this Graphics card work?

I'm assuming you mean the DDR SDRAM for the memory. It doesn't matter if memory is DDR and the Graphics card is GDDR2. No compatibility issues there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-graphics-card-work.58567/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm putting together a pc for my daughter, I've got an old A7V133 t-bird board, No onboard stuff, it does have an AGP slot but I only have and ATI Xpert 128 card for it, it is PCI, will this work ok or do I have to do something in the bios first.

A:Will PCI graphics card work ?

It should work ok, the manual for your MB states there is one setting that might have to be changed, PCI/VGA Palette Snoop (pg 69)

ASUS A7V133

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-pci-graphics-card-work.233689/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm quite new to the whole PC building thing, so I had a question about graphics cards. For instance, how come a Radeon HD 5750 performs better than a Nvidia GT 220? They are both 1GB cards, so shouldn't they perform the same?

Could somebody explain to me how a graphics card works, and what makes a 5750 better than a GT 220? (Just picked those 2 cards because I know they are quite different in performance)

A:How exactly does a graphics card work?

the 1 gb memory has nothing to do with speed - it merely refers to the amount of memory (and hence texture detail for games) on board.

without getting too technical, graphics cards have a dedicated graphics processing unit - a gpu.

different cards have different gpu's, running at different speeds. the graphics memory (vram) also runs at various speeds.

an expensive card will have a fast gpu, and lots of fast vram, and will give a much smoother higher framerate in games, because it can 'crunch numbers' faster.

it's a bit like asking why does a 3 GHz intel processor perform better than a 300 MHz amd...or why does a ferrari go faster than a ford if they both have four seats.

wikipedia page for more detail

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/96832-how-exactly-does-graphics-card-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just purchased a new graphics card I have a Lenovo Y Laptop It came with an ATI radeon HD and Graphics get New work can't card, to it I got an ATI radeon HD I was eager and stupid and didn't install any drivers or update the BIOS swapped out the cards and it didn't work so i switched back I got the drivers installed but now i can't get the BIOS updated I'm trying to update to ET WW which I got from the Lenovo website Lenovo says to right click on the file and open as administrator That didn't work I get quot open flash sys fail New Graphics card, can't get it to work quot so i go to Google and see that i need to extract and try again same problem back to Google and it says to make a bootable CD with DOS on it and try from there with both the extracted and not extracted files i get quot must be opened under win quot and quot cannot be opened in DOS quot I'm clueless Help I will give more info if New Graphics card, can't get it to work needed Thanks a bunch

A:New Graphics card, can't get it to work

Hello Vorbroker, Welcome to the Forum.

Why do think you need that BIOS update to install the video card?
Flashing the BIOS is serious business and an error can brick your computer. You should do this only if it is necessary and only if you clearly understand what you are doing.

I visited the Lenovo website and looked up the Ideapad Y710 and saw that there is only one BIOS available (v1.0). So I am concerned about where you got this new BIOS from. They are not mix and match. You must only use the BIOS for your model laptop!

Important: You need to check the specs on your laptop. Newer laptops have "Dual Graphics" capability. In addition to the video card there is also a integrated graphics processor, either on the motherboard, or built into the processor. You need to know if this is the case with your laptop, because if it is so you will need to install either the dual graphics drivers package from Lenovo, or do a more complicated dual install. Let us know what you've got.

If there is only the graphics card in that laptop you should be able to install just the AMD/ATI drivers.

To install a new video card it is very important to follow proper procedure, as follows: Go to the ATI website and download the most current driver for your new card and save it to an easy to find location.
Go into Start > Control Panel > Remove a Program and uninstall all programs for the video card. For ATI, select “ATI Catalyst Install Manager” and click on “Change”, then “Uninstall All Components”. Do not restart the computer at this time.
Run DriverSweeper to uninstall all video remnants Guru3D - Driver Sweeper .
Shut down computer and remove the battery.
Remove the old ATI card, install the new ATI card. Make sure all auxiliary power connectors are plugged in. Some cards need 2. Read the manual.
Reinstall the battery, plug in the power supply/charger, and boot the computer.
When it reaches the desktop Windows will find new hardware and will install it's own WDDM1.1 driver. Let it. You will be asked to restart. Do it.
Once back on the desktop you can now install the ATI driver package for your card.
Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/138855-new-graphics-card-cant-get-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i want to buy a new grapics card for my pc
my pc config
amd dual core 5400+ 2.83ghz
3 gb ram
motherbord asus M2N MX SE
my smps power supply is
NAV tech
Ac input 230vAC 10A 50-60Hz
model :ATX P4
Dc ouput
+3.3V +5V +12V -5V -12V +5VSB
15A 16A 15A 0.5A 0.5A 2A
max 350/400/450

A:Which graphics card will work on my PC

For your CPU, the best video card is 8800 GT or 9800 GT. For only about 60 dollars. PCIe of course. You have a PCIe slot right,, where your current card is.

Anyhow this is the best bang for the buck, and you will increase your performance by a lot.

gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-will-work-on-my-pc.172932/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm 260X R7 doesn't like 0x116 graphics atikmpag.sys : card abit pro ip35 troubleshooting 0x116 atikmpag.sys : abit ip35 pro doesn't like R7 260X graphics card a potential motherboard GPU compatibility issue Abit IP Pro - Latest BIOS New graphics card - Sapphire R X GB Windows X SP The system was running fine I bought a new graphics card uninstalled all graphics drivers and deleted them powered off installed new card then powered on and I get BSOD stop x atikmpag sys I even tried a fresh Windows x sp install from USB stick POST displays ok but then as soon as windows install changes the graphics mode it goes to black screen and stays there The new graphics card works in another machine I've swapped out power supply and ram with the same results No overclocking System is stable with existing PCI-E graphics As I'm on the latest BIOS which I've cleared reset after flashing and I cant even get any display output during windows install I'm guessing it's just not going to work but I'm interested to know what the attached dump tells us just in case there's any hope of getting this setup to work Cheers

A:0x116 atikmpag.sys : abit ip35 pro doesn't like R7 260X graphics card

hello, obvious and welcome to the Forums. As far as your question, both dump files list the graphics drivers and a failure to recover.

Code:
atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`0495b000 fffff880`049ed000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Mon Sep 15 16:59:06 2014 (5417612A)
CheckSum: 000964D0
ImageSize: 00092000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800707a010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004966038, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.
When you say you uninstalled the previous drivers, are you sure you got all of them? You must have had some display when booting into Windows in order to install the graphics driver, or perhaps I'm a little slow. Also, am I correct that you have a 380W Power supply? From what I am finding it is recommended to have a 500W minimum and preferably a 600W PSU. Although from what I find on the power draw of your card, I think the 600W is a little high. But, according to the dump files, what is happening is the drivers are crashing and not recovering within the allotted time for windows.

I might suggest you try reinstalling the graphics drivers, if you can get a display as follows.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351218-0x116-atikmpag-sys-abit-ip35-pro-doesnt-like-r7-260x-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I have an Asus A8N5X and I am trying to install a 12-in-1 Card Reader and a fan. I install the fan to the CHA1_FAN socket but.. it doesn't work! It works on CHA2_Fan and others but not CHA1_FAN! This mobo is BRAND SPANKIN' NEW out of the box, so I know there isn't any problems with it. I don't know why the 12-in-1 Card Reader doesn't work.

Here's the motherboard:

. the Lower left CHA1_FAN socket doesn't work! and where do I install the Card Reader to? COM 1? Thanks!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cha1_fan-card-reader-doesnt-work.47693/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey Everybody!

Alright so today i decided to try to overclock my CPU (DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000MHz 3800+) from 2.00 to 2.32 being the max that they would let me go up to in my bios.
i boot up my computer and i found that my sound driver had stopped working, i reinstalled the driver but still it doesn't work. So i went back into my Bios and set the clock speed back to 2.00 hoping it would magically heal itself. I boot up my computer and still no sound at all.

My Motherboard is PC Partner RD480k9-A72D
The Sound Driver that comes with it High Definition Audio Driver Package -Kb888111

Please Help as much as possible!

A:Sound Card Doesn't Work After Overclocking

I'm having trouble finding that Motherboard. Doing the following, exactly, will help you provide more info (note the clickable links, in the text)

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-doesnt-work-after-overclocking.115636/
Relevancy 59.34%

I decided it was about time to upgrade my slow computer for games especially since it had built in graphics I ordered a HIS Radeon card based on reviews it was good for my budget and most of the reviews were positive First I upgraded my slow sempron to a x about the fastest cpu I can use with my motherboard with low wattage in-mind I think it s watt This seemed to install fine but the video card did not apparently unless it doesn t work with my montor All doesn't seem to Video work New Solved: Card I know is I plugged the video card in the PCIE slot and get no output signal to my monitor Solved: New Video Card doesn't seem to work with it It is an older CRT monitor Samsung SyncMaster df and I never read they wouldn t work with newer cards but I guess it s possible Anyway the card doesn t have the VGA pin for my monitor but it came with an adapter When I hook up the adapter there are slots that it fits into and neither one will display a video signal when I boot my computer I tried uninstalling the built in graphics drivers and also disabling the on-board graphics in device manager Neither one has fixed my problem I ve tried to contact customer support but there is no number on the web site except for one in China I noticed the fan came on on the card but I m still worried because XP doesn t even seem to detect it I hope I didn t get a broken card but if it is I need to hurry up and send it back Any advice nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have recently been doing some small upgrades to my PC and just today I started hooking the Mobo and the Video card together I just New Mobo, New Solved: Vid card. Doesn't work bought the video card at the store today as the last part that I had ordered in the mail arrived yesterday These are the specs of my comptuer Asus P S D-X AGP x x lt a href quot http usa asus com products aspx l amp l amp l amp slname SiS FX quot gt Link lt a gt Pentium GHz FSB Kingston HyperX GB DDR PC new Video Card doesn t work VisionTek ATI Radeon x AGP x x new video card link including the place i bought it http www circuitcity com ssm Visi catOid - rpem ccd productDetail do Solved: New Mobo, New Vid card. Doesn't work Old Video card works Xtasy Nvidia GeForce Ti When I plug in the new video card I get nothing on the screen and not even a beep from the mother board however when I plug in the old video card it works perfectly Are there any known issues with these or is the video card a dud and I should return it to the store for a new one Thanks for all your help in advance guyaton EDIT Note Support for the Video card is only available monday through friday nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a problem with my graphics card. I dont know if its borken or anything. It just doesn't seem to work. One day my computer just crashed. Than I shuted it down suddenly. Than when the computer rebooted the videocard drivers didn't seem to work. I unistalled and reinstalled the drivers and same problem. Everything seems to work, but I can't play any games. Every game throws a error message at my face. Most common error is the D3D9 error. I am not sure that my nvidia graphic card is borken or maybe its a overheating problem. I am really not sure. Anyway if anybody has got any ideas, please tell me.
Operating system:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

A:Nvidia card doesn't work for some reason!

The D3D9 error can be fixed by installing the latest DX9 runtime from Microsoft.

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/88218-nvidia-card-doesnt-work-some-reason.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a D-Link DWL-520 V. E1 wireless card and want to install it in a computer running Windows XP. D-Link does not give technical support for this card but does have the driver for download on their website.
I downloaded the driver for WinXP and clicked the setup icon to install and it installed the Utility program but never produced the screen to install drivers like the manual says it should. Is anyone familiar with this and know why I can't install the driver? The utility does me no good if the driver is not installed.

A:Solved: Wireless card doesn't work

http://support.dlink.com/supportscope.asp DLINK Support

http://support.dlink.com/products/revision.asp?productid=DWL-G520 Revisions of D-Link

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DWL-G520 Information on your particular product.

Up at the top of the page there is a contact number -

Hope this helps...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-card-doesnt-work.640920/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have a GeForce 8500GT Graphics card that no longer works if I install ANY drivers available for it. Before you ask I have tried the oldest drivers possible, they do not work either! It all started from a BSOD (unfortunately I lost the minidump files in a system restore) and the following days it stopped working, the computer would freeze on the Windows starting logo of Win7. Making it seem like a OS problem. But a week later and numerous tests later it appears the card works fine without drivers, but as soon as I install any it stops working. I was wandering if there is another way of using this card?

Cheers

Ending

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, i have just got a new ATI Radeon X1300 512mb AGP graphics card, i have disabled my on board graphics, re-started my computer (with the new graphics card plugged in) and when i plug my monitor cable into the slot on the back of the card my screen says NO-Signal. I tried downloading the drivers from the ATI website but when i tried to install it a eroor message came up saying to check that i had the right hardware or software and that my hardware or software configuration might not be correct?

I have checked in my device manager and it has not even picked up my new graphics card.

I have checked in my BIOS but to be honest dont really know what i am looking for.

can anyone help please?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a graphics card for my 3 yr old computer. I'd like to get something that will work in Conjunction w/ my GPU and not simply cancel it out. I know they have them. Just don't know if my board will do this. Another thing I need to make sure it is compatible w/ my PCI. And finally when the card says ddr 3 or 5 is it compatible since my board only takes ddr 2 mem sticks? Here is the link for my board:

http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=prodmbspec&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1165#menu

Please don't tell me to get a new board or system since mine is old. I know that and getting a new system right now isn't an option.

Thanks

A:compatible graphics card that will work w/ my gpu?

The board doesn't have Hybrid Crossfire, which would be needed for what you're willing to do. Not that you actually can run them in conjunction with Hybrid Crossfire either, you've got a bit of a wrong vision of it... When onboard works "alongst" with a discrete card, it just means the discrete card goes to a very low power sleep when no 3D apps are running and the onboard handles desktop usage.
(G)DDR3/5/whatever is not a compatibility issue, neither are PCI versions - PCI-E 16x cards, let them be 2.0, 2.1 or whatever will work on your board.
Power supply quality and true output capacity is. What's your current power supply model? Look at its side for some hints if you don't know straight off the top of your head. "*** Watts" is not enough, a real model is needed to determine any useful facts about the unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatible-graphics-card-that-will-work-w-my-gpu.913140/
Relevancy 58.91%

Would this Psu Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Work with this graphics card Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
I dont plan non overclock because my comp has only 1 PCI - E slot and this graphics card is going to take it..... Gateway Official Site: Shop - Desktops – LX6200-01 Product Details - LX 6200 01 Product Details
This is my comp should i be worried about temp issues? I dont plan on overclocking it.

A:Would this Psu work witht his graphics card

It might work. I would recommend a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750W as a better choice. It depends on your other hardware.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/201568-would-psu-work-witht-his-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Here are the stats for my buddies 2001 rig:

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 3
Motherboard: ECS (Elitegroup) Model K7S5A ver. 1.0 - PCI ports
Processor: AMD Athlon MMX 3DNow - 1.1 GHz
2 GB (possible) of RAM

I looked up his mobo and the site said it should have an AGP port, though he doesn't mention it above. I'm wondering if he were to get an up-to-date graphics card like the Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 3850 would it work in his system? I know it wouldn't be ideal, but he's just trying to upgrade his system and can't afford a new one.

Thanks,
JTN

A:new graphics card work on old mobo?

agp - pci-E and pci are ALL different card sockets
a card made for one type WILL NOT fit in the other types

currently, there are a FEW vid cards being made for agp,
but it is really just a waste of money - the newer cards for pci-e really aren't designed for the agp bus - so aren't tweaked that way, so it wouldn't be an upgrade as such - better to save the money to put to a newer pc.......sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-work-on-old-mobo.830268/
Relevancy 58.91%

Greetings !

I am using a voodoo 3 3000 card in my asus p5a-b motherboard , Proc Amd k6/2 450

1. Will a gforce 4 mx 440 work on this board ?
2. will a fx 5700 work on this board ?
3. Please explain about the power requirements of certain agp cards/slots and ther dangers of a wrong combination

I am a little concerned about the power of the agp slot, and I can't seem to find the details in the manual.
Pls help

faiz

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, I am probably going to be buying a GTX 660 to replace my old AMD 6670, but I'm not sure if it will run/fit in my computer.

It is an ADVENT DT2410.

The specs are (if you need more then ask and I'll try and post them):

Windows 8
Intel Core i5-3330
8GB RAM
450W PSU
It can handle an AMD 6670, so it has at least PCI Express, with a x16 lane graphics slot (don't know what that means)
I will add a picture of the inside soon

Here is the amd 6670 website: http://www.amd.com/uk/products/desk...6670/pages/amd-radeon-hd-6670-overview.aspx#3

And here is the GTX 660 website: http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660/specifications

If you could tell me if my computer meets the requirements then that would be great.

EDIT: I also heard it might not work due to Windows 8 having UEFI which some cards don't support.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi So I have finally decided to buy a new graphics card the one I am thinking of is the HIS HD it Motherboard will - work? Card my Graphics on HIS HD MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card H F G M with FREE Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work? FARCRY Hitman Absolution Sleeping Dogs amp off MOH Warfighter PC Games H F G M The only problem is I am not sure if it will actually fit on my motherboard Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work? as it may come in Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work? the way of the Ram sticks This is the motherboard that I have TH B HD Motherboard BIOSTAR I opened up my case today and I took a few pictures so hopefully someone could help me out and let me know if it would work or not Thanks Pics of motherboard hope it helps img http s cpl i vdn S jpg img img http s osql u fv S jpg img img http s nst lp S jpg img img http s ujlcxb tn S jpg img img http s ivrb reor S jpg img img http s o g gw l S jpg img

A:Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work?

It won't interfere with the RAM slots.

The components on a PCI-E card mount on the side that's away from the CPU. The 7950 is a dual slot card, so you'd cover the PCI-E X1 slot that's nearest the X16 slot.

Two questions:

What kind of power supply do you have? You'd need at least 500W, with two 6 pin PCI-E auxiliary power connectors.

Can your case handle a card that is 275 mm (10.8") long? The card is longer than the width of your micro-ATX motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/268087-graphics-card-my-motherboard-will-work.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm currently looking at a computer, considering purchasing it.
It has an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD motherboard, and also, according to the builder, a Sapphire Radeon X1900XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 video card.

Now, I've also been told that the Radeon video card couldn't work in the motherboard with an nVidia chipset.

So, I'd kind of like to know, can the aforementioned video card work with the aforementioned motherboard?

Relevancy 58.91%

I am wanting to upgrade my graphics card to the following one
http://www.cclonline.com/product/72...-Radeon-HD-6850-Graphics-Card-1024MB/VGA0482/

Would this work on my current system M3400 ACER ?

I think my computer has a 300W power supply.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 2.6Ghz
RAM: Soon to be 8GB

EDIT:
On this page about my PC model info it says maximum PSU 300W, does that mean I am screwed and cant get this ? as I wont be able to upgrade power supply if its needed or is that something else ?

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/PT.SE0E2.053

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello!I have an AMD graphics card in my laptop, but there is no drivers for windows 10 for it.Installing driver from windows 8.1, latest drivers from amd or windows always leads to a screen of death, and after it it appears every boot. To solve it, i have to repair it with the help of restore points. So, why does hp does not have a driver for it's own hardware? How can i find a working one?Thank you in advance.

A:AMD graphics card does not work under windows 10

pilleo Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Had you done a better job of checking, you would have found out that two of your comments are incorrect: (1) there are no Win10 drivers for it, (2) HP does not have drivers for its own hardware. This is the link to the HP drivers page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-n000-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model... If you don't see Win10 when you open that link, then click Change and select Windows 10 from the pulldown. You will then see a page with HP Win10 drivers.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AMD-graphics-card-does-not-work-under-windows-10/td-p/5816669
Relevancy 58.91%

I got a new graphics card, a ATI Radeon X1600 PRO AGP 512MB card and I'm having trouble getting it to work.

I got the latest bios, unplugged everything, grounded myself to the computer, installed the card into the agp slot, connected the power supply to it, then when I turned it on it didn't boot.

I tried using different monitor cables and it still doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

A:Problem getting a new graphics card to work

If it helps any, I have a custom computer I got on ebay, it had a nividia card in it before which worked fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-getting-a-new-graphics-card-to-work.564336/
Relevancy 58.91%

hey guys i was wondering if this graphics card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150259will work on this motherboard GIGABYTE M55SLI-S4 AM2 (sorry i have no link)

i was worrying abou these two working becasue i saw that the video card runs on pci express 2.0??? what is pci express 2.0 and does my mobo have that. thanks

A:will this graphics card work on this mobo

PCI Express 2.0 doubles the bandwidth of the 1.0 version. It is supposed to be backwards compatible with the 1.0 slots. I don't know what your MB has, but based only on this spec it would work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-graphics-card-work-on-this-mobo.662223/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I recently got a new desktop an Acer Aspire X G-U TB quad-core processor desktop Well I was planning on using games on this computer but I also needed autodesk to run on this computer It does but not very well So I wanted to upgrade the graphics card I purchased graphics on Will work this my computer? card a SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card from newegg com Newegg com - SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card but I'm worried that it wont fit in my computer or that you can't upgrade its graphics because I can't find the graphics card I may know alot of things about computers but the graphics card and motherbored etc Thats something I know very little about Heres some pictures of the inside of the computer Now if someone could tell me which one of these Will this graphics card work on my computer? is the graphics card and how I replace it with the new one would be a BIG Will this graphics card work on my computer? help like it would for anyone that asks for help on here lol but yeah any Will this graphics card work on my computer? help would be much appreciated

A:Will this graphics card work on my computer?

the motherboard has built in nforce 430 graphics, can't find the proper specs for the motherboard to tell if there is 16x lane avail...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179797-will-graphics-card-work-my-computer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

... PC-I Express 2.0 slot?

I want to purchase a new graphics card for my PC and it has an available 2.0 slot. Problem is, the graphics cards I am looking at all say 2.1 on the packaging. So, my question again is will the 2.1 card work in my 2.0 slot? I had the Best Buy sales computer/sales associate stumped on this one.

A:Will an ATI graphics card, PC-I Express 2.1 work in a...

Yes, they are backwards compatible

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233766-will-ati-graphics-card-pc-i-express-2-1-work.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have recently seen a great graphics card that I want to buy for my computer. The only thing is I don't know whether my computer will bottleneck if I add the graphics card and PSU.

My current PC: http://goo.gl/2eBq7
It is overclocked to 3.6Ghz.
The graphics card I want to get:http://goo.gl/pT5r7
And the PSU: http://goo.gl/P276F

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Chris

A:Unsure if my new graphics card will work with my PC

This is a better choice of a PSU: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-sup...00-80-plus-bronze-certified-power-supply.html
The A8 will somewhat bottleneck the GPU, but for the most part, it is fine.
As for your overclock, how were you able to overclock a non-unlocked CPU on a OEM motherboard with no aftermarket cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsure-if-my-new-graphics-card-will-work-with-my-pc.192557/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi i have just bought an LG 100hz TV and i have the TV connected via HDMI to DVI to nvidia GTX 460, in nVidia panel i dont get the option to change the refresh rate to 100hz, do you have ANY idea how i can use tru motion if the TV is connected to a PC?

Thanks alot!

A:Cant get 100hz to work with graphics card :(

Have you tried updating the drivers to the newest version.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/203666-cant-get-100hz-work-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have just brought a XFX GeForce 7600 GT 256mb Graphics Card and was wondering if it will run on windows XP and also on Vista. As in the specs on some sites it only mentions Vista and i run XP. And also is this a good card . I didn't buy it from a shop otherwise i would have asked them about it. And is it easy to install ? Thanks Rob