Windows Support Forum

DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Q: DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 110.67%

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet I'm using the onboard network Error DHCP Start Service Won't - Client 1068 adapter from my ASUS M N -SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate Bit Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce Mbps Ethernet That's a generic name I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP I have the latest driver which is My router is a Linksys WRT GSv I want to use a dynamic address I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports I've switched ports on my router DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 but my connects no problem so I don't think it's the router Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on quot Identifying quot If I double click it and click details I have no DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 default gateway Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server none responded I've been researching the problem as much as I can So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start I get Error Which is the dependency services or group failed to start The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver gt TCP IP Protocal Driver Network Store Interface Service gt NSI proxy service Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running So that leaves TCP IP but I am able to ping so I don't know what the problem could be here

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Originally Posted by Tyler1986

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet.

I'm using the onboard network adapter from my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate 64 Bit. Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet. That's a generic name, I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP. I have the latest driver which is 67.8.9.0. My router is a Linksys WRT54GSv4.

I want to use a dynamic address, I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now. But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports. I've switched ports on my router, but my 360 connects no problem so I don't think it's the router.

Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on "Identifying..." If I double click it and click details I have no default gateway. Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server: none responded.

I've been researching the problem as much as I can. So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start, I get Error 1068 Which is the dependency services or group failed to start. The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver > TCP/IP Protocal Driver
Network Store Interface Service> NSI proxy service

Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running. I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running. So that leaves TCP/IP, but I am able to ping 127.0.01 so I don't know what the problem could be here.

Hi,

1. Type netsh winsock reset catalog in elevated command prompt and press enter.
2. Once the command finished her work restart your system and try to start the service

Let me know the result

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238665-dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068-a.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello On July th my computer installed updates After rebooting FAILS 1075) Service DHCP Client (Error TO START! and waiting for me on the login screen I gave it a hard shutdown to check on the BIOS settings for a little side project in the end I did not save any changes After booting and logging in again I find that many services are not running I DHCP Client Service FAILS TO START! (Error 1075) ran a very thorough check for malware and viruses took over hours to complete and still no solutions I have uninstalled reinstalled my Broadcom g Wireless Driver several times I now look in the Event Viewer and find that the DHCP Client service is not running It is set to automatic start in Services msc but when I try to manually start it it gives me error some dependencies do not exist or are marked for deletion Running ipconfig I notice that my system is using an APIPA-formatted address x x indicating that the computer couldn't find a DHCP server My Event Viewer is peppered with ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Event Service Control Manager The DHCP Client service depends the following service Afd This service might not be installed ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Event Service Control Manager The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service depends on the DHCP CLient service which failed to start because of the following error The dependcy service does not exist or has been marekd for deletion ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ And that keeps repeating many times in a minute about - cycles of it Has anyone experienced this before and does anyone know how to fix this and in the end may this require a reinstall of Windows

A:DHCP Client Service FAILS TO START! (Error 1075)

It sure sounds like your computer is having its share of issues. Did you get the services started that you mentioned in your other thread?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240310-dhcp-client-service-fails-start-error-1075-a.html
Relevancy 110.51%

My wife's laptop runs Vista Business SP It is in a Server domain She connects through my wireless AP but the DHCP service is actually provided to start fails Access Denied DHCP error Client with service by a Pix firewall I have other laptops running XP that all connect fine and so do all wired clients The Vista laptop only gets an DHCP Client service fails to start with Access Denied error internal connection and an auto-configuration IP The DHCP client is not running see the error in the event log below All this started a couple of days ago I am not aware of any configuration changes that conincided with this issue Everything seems work fine with a static IP address but that's not a solution I found a few threads that talked about a similar issue that was resolved by adding full permissions to two registry keys for the Network Service account This did not work for me It sounds like my issue could be related to this and this but the laptop here worked fine for years in the exact same configuration Alas everybody seems to be in the dark about this issue Is there really no solution but reinstalling Vista Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate - - Event ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer Description The DHCP Client service terminated with the following error Access is denied

A:DHCP Client service fails to start with Access Denied error

Hi, thanks for the post. In order to narrow down the issue, you can collect log†file on this issue.††

On the problematic computer, restore original settings and make sure you can repro "Access Denied" error. Then, follow below steps to collect data.

1. Download process monitor from

http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessMonitor.zip

2. Extract ProcessMonitor.zip to the problematic client.
3. Run Procmon.exe (Process Monitor)
4. Reproduce this issue.
5. Click File->Save from Process Monitor, compress and send the log files to me.
6. Send ?access denied? screen capture to me.

Repeat Step 1 - 6 on another machine with this kind of issue and send data to me. You can send it to me via [email protected] Zhu - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21b413cb-1819-471f-a854-43231b97179d/dhcp-client-service-fails-to-start-with-access-denied-error?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 108.79%

My windows sec service center is not working and I already followed numerous advices from different websites but the error still there and keeps on prompting everytime I tried to enable the windows security service center Perhaps my laptop was infected by a virus malware not sure I think my brother did something downloading etc and got my laptop infected Please help below is my DDS as per the instruction DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by John Vasquez at on - - Running Processes C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support HPHotkeyMonitor exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x TeamViewer start dependency error Error group 1068:1068 service failed Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Altiris Altiris Agent x AeXNSAgentHostSurrogate exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software Bluetooth Headset Helper exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www symantec com enterprise security response index jsp inid biz SR sep V MR uWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Intertek uSearch Bar hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxps intranet intertek com mStart Page hxxp en v com utm source b amp utm medium bnd amp from bnd amp uid HitachiXHTS A E TF Y KJNUYCKJNUYCX amp ts mDefault Page URL hxxp en v com utm source b amp utm medium bnd amp from bnd amp uid HitachiXHTS A E TF Y KJNUYCKJNUYCX amp ts mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Symantec Vulnerability Protection D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin IPS IPSBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Adobe Acrobat Create PDF from Selection F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll TB Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll uRun BrowserChoice lt no file gt uRunOnce Adobe Speed Launcher mRun USB MON quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe quot mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe quot mRun QLBController C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support QLBController exe start mRun Adobe ARM quot C P... Read more

A:Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

The intention of this forum is not to replace a company's IT department, nor can we anticipate alterations or configurations that may have been made to a business machine, or how it will interact with the tools commonly used in the removal of malware. Administrator access is required for control of security applications.

More than one machine could be at stake, possibly even the server. If sensitive material has been compromised by an infection, the company could be held liable.

To prevent any possible loss or corruption of company information, please inform your IT department or Supervisor when a workplace computer has been infected, immediately.

If you do not wish to proceed, stop here and let us know.

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Do NOT click the green 'Download' button(if visible).
Click the blue 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Clean
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the Internet Services option remains checked.
Check all the other boxes.
Click Scan.
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/error-1068-1068-error-dependency-service-group-failed-start-958561.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My computer cannot connect to my home network. I checked the connection with my laptop and connected fine. When I investigated this further I found that my DHCP Client Service was not started. I clicked the start button and received the following message " Could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. The path to executable is : C:\WINDOWS|System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
How can I restore this file?

Thank you in advance for your advice and help

A:cannot start DHCP Client Service

Could you please run this command?sfc /scannow

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309460/cannot-start-dhcp-client-service/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi Guys -

I have been trying to do research on this issue. This morning my Wife's Computer failed to connect to the internet. Listed below are the System Specs, Current Issue and routes taken to investigate issue.

Windows vista Home Basic
SP 1
E machine model: T3646
AMD Sempron (tm) LE-1250 2.20 GHz
RAM 1.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Issue:
Unable to connect to the Internet

Cause:
DHCP Client Service failed to start.
Investigated:
MSCFIG - DHCP Client, start pending

Manage Services - DHCP Client starting (unable to access commands when right clicked-allgrayed out.)

Control Panel:
Network and Sharing/ Local area Connection
(The dependency service or group failed to start.)
We are looking for a resolution to this matter. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Last Note. We do Share an Internet Connection via a D-link Router. My Computer is able to go online without any problems.

Relevancy 100.19%

Please someone help. I have 2 WinXP machines. Both were recently infected with a virus. Since the virus removal both machines boot up fine with no problems. However the DHCP client service will not start automatically on both machines even though they are both set to start automatically in services. All dependencies are starting. I've tried the winsock repair via dos command, application and registry and each time I restart the computers, the DHCP client still does not start automatically. I have to start it manually after the restart and it works fine after that. I have to fix these machines for clients and can't expect them to start this service each time they restart their computer. I really need help fixing this. Someone please help! Thanks in advance!

A:Need help! DHCP Client Service will not start automatically

Assuming the machines are malware free now, you're probably best to try a repair install (after you first create a backup image clone of the drive)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-dhcp-client-service-will-not-start-automatically.147698/
Relevancy 99.33%

Everytime I reboot my laptop, I have to start the DHCP client service in order to obtain an IP address for my wireless. Any idea? The service is set to automatic.

A:[SOLVED] DHCP Client service does not start automatically

Hello!

Double-click your DHCP Service and click on the Dependencies Tab, make sure the other Services you see on the Dependencies list are starting Automatically.

Some of your DHCP Dependencies will be Drivers so go to Device Manger, in the View menu, click Show hidden devices. Now, double-click Non-Plug and Play drivers section. Double-click all driver entries you found in the Dependency list of DHCP one-by-one to open its properties dialog, and click the Driver tab;
Check if the Startup type is System.

Then check if it now starts Automatically, if not then try and get a hold of another PC and check it's DHCP Dependency against yours incase any are missing.

If none of that works try doing a repair install.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dhcp-client-service-does-not-start-automatically-519639.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am attempting to the load the software for a Canon Mx850 printer to my Lenovo PC with Windows Vista.

I get the message Print Spooler Service has been stopped. I have checked in the services area and it is set to automatic. When I attempt to start it. I get the following Error: 1068 dependency service or group failed to start.

I have gone to the command prompt and typed the following: sc config spooler depend= RPCSS however I get message access denied. I am set as the system administrator. Not sure what to do at this point. Very frustrating. Printer works fine when connected to laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Print Spooler Service stopped Error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start

Double click on the Print Spooler service to open its Properties. On the Dependencies tab see upon what it depends, and trace back to see if the cause/fix can be determined. Caveat: no guarantee this will work any better than your command attempt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-stopped-error-1068-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.915710/
Relevancy 95.46%

After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through Control Painel i get another message error with the code 0x8007042c.
Anyone know what can be causing that? If you need, i can provide more information about the issue. Btw there is aN event log saved on my pc everytime i start windows (ID 7001)

i also cannot run SFC /scannow anymore.. this is getting annoying.

A:ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

The firewall service could be turned off/stopped - check this by searching for 'services' in the search bar. If the Windows firewall service is stopped, try and start it or if it is already running, try restarting it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38541-error-1068-cannot-start-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Avg found two trojans. It didn't seem like it removed them. Internet was working though. Ran malwarebytes it found nothing. Internet was still working. Started Having connectivity issues. My dhcp client service won't start. I got a 1075 error. my internet via wifi or wired. I ran the following command prompts:
net start AFD (response: the requested has already been started)
netsh int ip reset reset.log (response: resetting echo request, failed. Access is denied. Rebooting interface, ok! A reboot is required to complete this action.
netsh winsock reset catalog (response: successfully reset the winsock catalog. You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.
SFC /SCANNOW (scan finishes and shows this response: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the cbs.log windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log

What now? Please help.

A:Network issue dhcp client service error 1075

I'm thinking you're still infected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to start a thread in the Virus & Other Malware Removal section of this site.

Before you post though, you need to read THIS guide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-issue-dhcp-client-service-error-1075.1030812/
Relevancy 93.31%

Alright in the last few weeks this error has happened When I go to control panel-- Security center it sais it is not running and I need to enable it When I go to services msc and try to enable it and my Windows Firewall Internet Connection 1068: Group Error Or Failed The Service Start. Dependency To Sharing ICS it gives me this error Cannot do this action on this local machine Error The dependency service or group failed to start I tryed going to registry making a new key named Security Center and a new DWORD and changing the Error 1068: The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start. value to This did not work Then I tryed enabling all the services that needed that one to run Everyone I could enable accept one process which gave me another error Also under ALL my services when I go to Properties-- the th tab quot Dependancies quot It gives me a Win error which might be part of the problem But basically obviously whoever knows how to fix this needs to know alot p I ve been dinking around googling it but no luck Anyways until I get this fixed I dont have my secrutiy center running or a Firewall Windows XP built in firewal which is my main concern becasue I need my firewall So yea Thanks in advance and I ll continue to research this topic Cheers Dane

A:Error 1068: The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start.

These 2 services must be running in order for the Security service to run:1) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service - set this to Automatic2) Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service - set this to Automatic also.Then, if you still get an error - post back and we'll troubleshoot some more.Just in case, you might want to try a couple of these free, online scans to ensure that nothing has slipped by your protection:http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ - *For Internet Explorer*http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/h...call_launch.php - *For Firefox*http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirushttp://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htmhttp://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default...id=ie&venid=symhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htmhttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://support.f-secure.com/ols/start.htmlhttp://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxTrojan scans:http://scan.sygatetech.com/pretrojanscan.htmlhttp://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/trojanscan.asp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37083/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 93.31%

I get cannot start the print spooler service on local computer. I have set the print spooler to automatic and started the remote procedure call manager and set it to automatic but still get error. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.973511/
Relevancy 93.31%

This is my last try for help with this issue I'm going to start at start Base Engine 1068 Filtering not Error service will (BFE) the very beginning and I really Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 hope this site can help me out First off I have a Dell desktop running Windows Home Premium connected to a Brother all in one printer I recently purchased a Dell Laptop running Windows and am trying to share the home group so I can use the printer on my laptop Now I'm not a beginner at this part so it should only take a few minutes to do this right Well obviously I have a problem which is preventing the desktop PC from sharing Open up printer settings and I try to change share options I click apply and get an error code stating it's unable to apply changes to the printer I'm pretty certain I know why it's preventing sharing but I can't seem to fix it The only antivirus software I have on the desktop is McAfee security center with paid subscription Easy way around that is to uninstall Did that reboot still can't start BFE or Windows Firewall Given error when trying to start BFE in Services and of course the firewall won't start without BFE I've ran the scan in command prompt I've scanned for viruses with MULTIPLE programs that were talked about in other forums I've ran registry repairs I've created everyone and gave all access to BFE in regedit I've done everything Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 I can think of and BFE WILL NOT START Can someone please point me to the right direction This is a dang headache just to share a home group with my laptop especially when I don't print THAT much stuff anyway

A:Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068

Hello, lets look at these services. Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522563/base-filtering-engine-bfe-service-will-not-start-error-1068/
Relevancy 93.31%

I saw your posted of this problem but I can't get COMPUTER BROWSER, DHCP, NETWORK CONNECTIONS, NETWORK LOCATION AWARENESS to STARTED STATUS.
Please i really need your help. I tried to right click on each one above then click dependencies and i'm stuck here not sure what to do next..... PLEASE HELP.

A:Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

moved from windows vista forum to network forum

For those services not started/running,
then right click on the service
then from the menu choose properties and now check the dependencies.

for each dependency entry - Check each of one of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running/starting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a separate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

if you have any issues. A log file called FSS.txt will be created in the same directory as the program is run from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.1146544/
Relevancy 93.31%

i am getting this error when i try to install a printer -Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start with some searching i have come up with that it has something to do with lexbce server but when i try to start this i get an error 3 message the system cant find the path specified does anyone know how to fix this thanks for your help in this matter

A:Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.406866/
Relevancy 92.45%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall McAfee antiVirus.  I have found that Windows Firewall service is set to automatic but will not start, giving the error in the topic.  I also find attempting to start IPsec Policy Agent manually fails as well.  I apologize as I'm not sure what to run in order to create logs needed for assistance.

A:Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501900/windows-could-not-start-the-firewall-service-on-local-computer-error-1068/
Relevancy 91.59%

Somebody Please help. I have been trying to get my windows firewall working and have spent hours searching forums. I came across a thread that describes exactly what is happening with my machine. Windows Firewall Authorization Driver - not present, not working, etc. I really dont want to format this machine. I have gotten as far as running 317 security check

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.24
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
McAfee Security Scan Plus
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Java(TM) 6 Update 31
Mozilla Firefox (x86 en-US..)
[b]````````````````````````````````
Process Check:

A:Windows Firewall Service wont start error 1068 win secur svc missing

Jremmie,
First get that junk off of your computer!

Then:
1. Install MSE (link in my signature and use only that link!)

2. 2nd run WDO (once again link in my signature).

After doing those two things are posting the zip file that I'm going to request, come back. I will answer no questions until these two tasks have been complested.

HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft’s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support

==========================================
=========================================+

# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 ** RUN POWERSHELL AS ADMINISTRATOR ******************
# ************************************************************
#
# WIN key | type POWERSHELL | do NOT hit ENTER |
# in the PROGRAMS list, right-click on WINDOWS POWERSHELL |
# choose "Run as administrator" |
# Click on the YES button (if such appears)
#
# WIN key = key with Microsoft log on top
#
# for the guru:
# WIN | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# STEP 2 ** COPY AND PASTE ***********************************
#
# COPY the script using CTRL+C,
# COPY every line of script down thru both EXIT statements
#
# PASTE into Powershell
#----Right-Click at the PowerShell Prompt
#----(Ctrl+V does not wo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240984-windows-firewall-service-wont-start-error-1068-win-secur-svc-missing.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an hp laptop running vista business os when trying to start services wlan zero configuration I get an error 1068 service can't be started need help fixing this error

A:vista business edition error 1068 can't start wlan zero configuration service

Try this link http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-error-1068-when-starting-wzc-94273.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433758/vista-business-edition-error-1068-cant-start-wlan-zero-configuration-service/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello 1068: dependency group or service failed to - the Enviroment Buisness Error start. there I am a Systems Engineer trying to find a fix for the error nbsp the dependency service or group failed to start I have looked at all the forums and previous posts with people having similar issues but none of the fixes have Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. - Buisness Enviroment worked Resetting the TCP IP stack has not fixed this issue amp nbsp neither nbsp has system restore My issue has happened on machines and the only nbsp connection nbsp I can find is when you connect Windows nbsp Professional nbsp to a Widows Domain There seems to be little documentation on weather you need to upgrade the domain controllers from to before attempting to add Windows into the domain The corruption seems to start once the machine is on the domain and Windows attempts to install any program or run windows updates which is becoming very frustrating I have created multiple hard drive clones so i can revert back to a working state to aid me when trying to work around this With these Issues outstanding I can not think about upgrading the network from XP amp until these issues are fixed Can someone else let me know if they have had a similar problem when trying to upgrade there nbsp environment nbsp to Windows and server Regards Anton James

A:Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. - Buisness Enviroment

Hi Anton,

Did Windows 7 joined the domain? Have you narrowed down which service failed with error 1068? The error code indicates one service's dependency service or system component
fails to start.

I suggest checking the following services first.

Check service
----------------------
1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Microsoft Network Inspection.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.

4. Also check the following services.

Function Discovery Resource Publication
Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness
Network Store Interface Service
Server
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

If you find any service cannot be started with the error, please let me know the service name and error exactly.

In addition, since the issue is related to Server. I also suggest confirming the issue with Server side.

Win Server Forum
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb191e46-6c4d-4830-9654-0a040892aca5/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start-buisness-enviroment?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi I am running Windows XP Home SP on a Lenovo SL The laptop suddenly stopped connecting to the internet stuck on acquiring network address Then suddenly sound stopped working even client DHCP error start will 1067 - not though I have the correct drivers installed I have tried the following going to the previous working version - no luck I went to services msc and found the DHCP client won't start When I try to force start DHCP client will not start - error 1067 it it gives me error ipconfig gives an error saying an internal error has occurred the system cannot find the file specified I have no idea what file this is Also in services msc when I restart windows audio to get sound back it starts and then stops DHCP client will not start - error 1067 again I also noticed other services like Wireless Zero that should be running are stopped When I turn them on they stay on for a short while before stopping automatically I ran winsockxpfix exe sfc exe scannow - no luck I did a registry clean - no luck I did a repair install of Windows again and still no luck Does anyone have any clue what's wrong and how I can fix this I don't want to have to format and do a fresh install if possible Thank You

A:DHCP client will not start - error 1067

Try running these at a command prompt restarting after each to see if DHCP will start.  Make sure you have your XP CD handy for the second.
netsh winsock reset

sfc /scannow

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596036/dhcp-client-will-not-start-error-1067/
Relevancy 87.29%

Can someone please help, I can't connect to the internet whenever I connect it just connects local only and says the dhcp client isn't working on this computer when I go into services to manual start it says windows could not start the dhcp client on local computer error 1075 the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion it happens on anyones internet I cant connect to wired and wireless, any help will be really appreciated as I have been trying to fix this for weeks now

A:windows could not start the dhcp client on local computer error 1075 the dependency s

Hello, lets do some cleaning up and see if that helps you out .
How to Flush DNS in Windows Using the Command Prompt

Step 1 ? Close all open web browsers and applications on your computer.

Step 2 ? Open the Windows command prompt by selecting the ?Start? menu and then go all programs, accessories, then right click command and run as admin.

Step 3 ? At the command prompt, enter ?ipconfig /flushdns? followed by pressing the ?enter? key. After a moment, Windows will display a message similar to: ?Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.? Once the message is displayed, the DNS will be flushed removing all incorrect entries.

Then , we want to get the IP reset, so, lets renew its settings and see if this also helps out :
you will type in the command box : ipconfig /release then enter, then next ipconfig /renew then enter, this will reset the IP , now restart and attempt to have it reconfigure its connections to your router. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294039-windows-could-not-start-dhcp-client-local-computer-error-1075-dependency-s.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I've searched through here a bit and it seems like others have had this problem hoping I can find a solution Recently bought Service (Error Cannot Start 5) DHCP a new machine after my old computer's motherboard died HP desktop running Vista Home Premium GB ram ghz processor Networking was working fine at home and DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5) I was DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5) actually enjoying the whole experience more than I expected DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5) coming into Vista Yesterday I took the computer to a LAN party and as soon as I got there the problems began On startup at the LAN party I noticed that the network connection icon had the red x and said network status unknown After about an hour of searching around I found that the issue stemmed from the DHCP Service's inability to start properly Also ironically the system event viewer service is unable to start as well which restricts me from viewing the error log as far as I can tell Some system info I've seen requested before related to this problem Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Newman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name COMP- Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - F-C - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d eb b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AE - - -B -B F E B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Newman gt net start dhcp System error has occurred Access is denied C Users Newman gt sc sdshow dhcp D A CCLCSWLOCRRC AU A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC NO A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWD WO BA A CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY I'm at my wit's end here I've even gone so far as to attempt a system restore from many different restore points they continuously encounter unexpected errors and do not work Any help is appreciated Zanz

A:DHCP Service Cannot Start (Error 5)

There is a link in here that might be of assistance: Cannot start Dhcp client

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/162301-dhcp-service-cannot-start-error-5-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I got a virus on my XP sp2 os and it left me without internet. I borrowed neighbors comp and spent all day yesterday and this morning trying to fix my comp. I have always been able to fix my comp but i am at a loss and demoralized, so i need your help. My neighbor needs his comp back, please help if you can.

Problems:
cant clear netbt to repair internet connection
dhcp and netbios wont start because of 1068 error
netbios over tcpip wont show up in device manager
No ip address
I merged netbt to registry and system32/drivers
I have done every fix i found posted on internet, but none have worked

I keep seeing people refer to fixnetbt.zip or fitnetbt.reg but I cant find that file on the internet, would that help me?

A:Cant get on internet, cant clear netbt, dhcp error 1068, no ip address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-on-internet-cant-clear-netbt-dhcp-error-1068-no-ip-address.1065189/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi.

Recently we bought two Compaq computers running Windows XP Home; we have cable internet and after the computer is left alone for a few hours, the internet just dies.

I have also found that if I restart the DHCP Client Service, then the internet boots up immediately. Is there a resaon for the DHCP timeout in Win XP Home?

Thanks a lot.

A:DHCP Client Service

every time that the internet dies, do you get a new IP address? if you do, it might be on the ISP side that is doing it..

also, if your running power managment, it might be set to turn off the NIC. goto the properties of your NIC in the Device manager, and check The Power Managment tab.. and you can check out the Power Options in the Control Panel..

hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-service.156711/
Relevancy 83.42%

I worked on a friends PC that had some major problems. When I first got the PC, I was able to get to Services.msc, and there were no services in the list at all. So I did a repair install, updated all the patches, installed firewall, virus, and spyware protection, and removed a virus. I got everything back working, I think, except DHCP. I looked in the services, and the DHCP client is not listed. I manually put in an IP address, and it got on the Internet fine, so it's not a hardware problem. How do I install the DHCP client service?

She has XP Home Edition.

Thanks!

A:Dhcp Client Service Is Not Installed

Have you tried "Create a New Connection" from Network Connections in the Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52417/dhcp-client-service-is-not-installed/
Relevancy 83.42%

Followed with interest the thread started by contact dg and resolved by jenae as I have exactly the same issue Did as jenae suggested but hasn't resolved the problem ipconfig is showing as below Any ideas suggestions C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robert-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AC-EA- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b c e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- DHCP client running not service -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE -EF - F D-B C - C FE br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A D B-A - EA- FA-C br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration DHCP client service not running Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection DHCP client service not running Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:DHCP client service not running

Could you please link to the topic?

--

Just going off the topic title (DHCP client service not running) I think this should fix your problem:

1. Go to Start
2. Click Run and type services.msc and press Enter or click OKAY
3. Look for the service DHCP Client
4. Right-click the service, Properties
5. Change the Startup type to Automatic - the service will now automatically start on boot.

To start the service now after setting the startup type to automatic in the properties look under "Service Status" click "Start".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dhcp-client-service-not-running-510248.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Processor: AMD FX-1400 Quad Core
RAM: 8.00 GB
Storage: 1.73 TB of 1.81 TB available
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PC was having some sounds with its audio a while ago, and by fixing it, I enabled some services. Some of them made my computer lag, and I disabled some. Still, it would lag. When I enabled DHCP client, my computer would have extreme lag. Without it, I can't go on the internet or play games online. I had the DHCP client on while my sound wasn't working and my computer ran fine, so I don't understand why it makes my computer lag when I have the sound enabled. I could have good internet connection and sound a while ago, so I don't understand what's wrong now. Please help, and have a good day

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38745-dhcp-client-service-makes-my-pc-lag.html
Relevancy 83.42%

We are running an NT Server w stops Client service DHCP SP a applied We also have ZoneAlarm ComSocks LinkByte and WebWasher The problem that we have is approx months ago our ISP had some DHCP problems Since then we have not been able to renew an IP lease In fact when the lease expires to get it back we have to re-boot the server The ISP provides a cable modem We ve recently replaced it as of yesterday and we still have the same problem Here DHCP Client service stops is what happens Eudora can t make connections for DHCP Client service stops email So go to Control Panel Services and scroll down to DHCP Client and it is stopped So you quot start quot it If it starts then Eudora can get mail and all of the other internet connections now work -- we just use Eudora to determine if we ve lost the connections as opposed to things just being slow Now we get a DHCP message that tells us that our lease has not been renewed Click OK and start a DOS window Run IPCONFIG ALL and you will see that the ISP s NIC has no addresses Go to Control Panel Services and scroll down to DHCP Client and it is quot stopped quot Now attempt to quot Start quot it If the lease has not expired it generally will start If the lease has expired then we have to reboot the server to get a new one This procedure is typically being done - times a day And on a weekend if I m in working I may have to do the re-boot part - times a day So what we d like to figure out is what did we change on our end that is causing this At the time the ISP had the DHCP failure we had just changed from a trial to paid copy of ComSocks I seriously doubt this is causing us to miss some communications with the ISP s DHCP server BTW - if we run an NT Workstation as the Gateway system with the same WebWasher ComSocks and ZoneAlarm set up we don t see this problem This problem seems to be specific to NT Server Lastly this configuration had been working just fine for months before this started nbsp

A:DHCP Client service stops

Went to Zone Labs web site to check on a few things about ZoneAlarm. They mentioned some things that are supposed to be specific to ZoneAlarm PRO having to do with an ISP PINGing (or some such) to determine if you are still there. If you don't respond, then they knock you off (basically, early terminate your lease).

Well, the solution to our problem is the solution defined for ZoneAlarm PRO -- define your ISP's DHCP server(s) to ZoneAlarm as a "trusted" computer while setting your LOCAL security to MEDIUM. Then if your ISP also has one or more "testing" (probe to see if user is connected) IPs, you must add those as well. Generally, they said watch the Alerts and it is probably the last alert listed that contains the IP address from your ISP that needs to be added (this is immediately after losing connectivity).

This was a new feature of ZoneAlarm that we somehow missed having been added to 2.6.88 (we had been at 2.1.44). Having our ISP have DHCP problems and doing this upgrade about the same time with two others made this one a real pain to determine. [Our ISP finally admitted this week that in our area they have been having connectivity problems beyond DHCP server anomalies -- "regular" unscheduled outages.]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-service-stops.48644/
Relevancy 83.42%

I recently switched from Comcast to ATT internet service. I can't connect because it says (can't find DHCP client service) Any tips on this issue.
It worked just fine until the switch.
Running Windows Vista Premium.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Guys Not sure whether this should be in the Win forum or not but here goes Last week I hit an issue whereby I doesn't exist service client DHCP was unable to access the Internet wirelessly even DHCP client service doesn't exist though my laptop could see the router and had a good signal I tried connecting up via an ethernet cable to no avail The issue seems to have started right after a Windows Update DHCP client service doesn't exist but I can t be certain If I do ipconfig all I can see that DHCP is not enabled I know the router is fine because my vista laptop can access wirelessly via the router fine I tried doing some things I seen in the forum such as ipconfig renew etc but it said it couldn t contact the RPC server I followed this up and was recommended to check the DHCP client service was started It isn t even there I was wondering if the update could have removed it Someone else who had reported the same issue DHCP client service doesn't exist on this forum was asked to do a system restore I did this and the service is still not there I am assuming that the non-existence of the DHCP client is the cause of my issues accessing the Internet Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks Gary nbsp

A:DHCP client service doesn't exist

Try: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...g/thread/da7bb84d-1b15-49a6-aa6b-f5aebf5d840a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-service-doesnt-exist.1025160/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everyone I have a windoews vista home premium system desktop and for some reason when I woke up this morning I could not get on the internet with that computer Ok after exploring and checking I found out that the DHCP client service has stopped working so I went into computer managment and opened up services and I opened the DHCP client services and it shows working stopped service DHCP client that it is trying to start but DHCP client service stopped working it will not Needless DHCP client service stopped working to say without that service running nothing on the system will run and I can not get it connect to the internet I have gone thru all the normal stuff of trying to get it to restart and even thru the networks diognostics and it will not start up for me All it shows is that it is starting but will not go into started mode My network shows my computer being there but its this durn service that will not start I have searched for support thru microsoft And followed all descriptions to get it to restart but to no avail I am hoping there is somebody out there that knows more than me about this stuff The system is an e-machine that came with XP but I upgraded it to Vista home Premium and I have no recovery option for some reason Further I went into do a restore but all the restore point are gone I tried a fresh OS install but it will not let the disk do its job as it has no conection to the internet I should also mention that I have talked to my IP and they tell me that my network is working properly so then I called e-machines and they want big money and a year membership service so thats not an option I am using a linksys router with two computers on it One computer is working fine but the other is the one im having issues with Any kind of direction would be greatly appreciated Best regards Roger

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dhcp-client-service-stopped-working-499957.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Good Evening,

I'm having a problem with my laptop. I recently removed some spyware and now when i reboot, i have to manually start the wireless zero configuration & DHCP Client service manually. These are some of the things i've tried to fix the problem:

1.Made sure i didn't have another wireless device that's trying to manage my wireless connections.
2.Went into the network connection properties & under the wireless networks tab, made sure the "use windows to configure my wireless network settings
3. went into windows services and made sure DHCP Client & Wireless zero were set to start automatically (& started)

After i reboot, i have to manually start it all over again. I've been all over the net trying to find answers and suggestions & nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Windows XP SP3.

Thanks,
Deac

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384678/wireless-zero-configuration-dhcp-client-service/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Guys.

I have a couple of XP Pro SP2 workstarions where the DHCP Client Service just.. stops.

It seems to happen randomly, with little rhyme or reason.
When it happens, the taskbar goes from XP style to Windows Classic style for a second, then comes back to how it was.

I'm unable to find an explanation that could cause it...
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

A:DHCP Client Service randomly stops.

Disable DHCP client service. It is not needed unless you are in a Domain setting. You can still obtain DHCP server supplied IP addressing from a router or other DHCP server on your Workgroup.

I suspect, though, malware is the source of your issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dhcp-client-service-randomly-stops-115526.html
Relevancy 81.7%

When trying to connect to my router (through an ethernet cable) i get ^that error message when i diagnose the connection. All other computers in my house connected via wireless work just fine. I have a dlink dir 615 router which i have reset multiple times, i connect to the network but i dont get internet. Ive tried going into the regedit and giving permessions to all necessary things. I tried manually starting the dhcp service in the control panel. Im running windows vista and i recently got a virus, removed it, scanned and found nothing. When the virus appeared the problem started. I cant get a static ip to fix the problem because i cant connect to the internet. Im about to back up all my files and just reformat my computer but id really rather not do that. Any help is much appreciated!

Also, i have tried google but nothing worked :(

A:[SOLVED] The DHCP client service is not running on this computer?

Hi, go to start ,all programs, accessories, and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

Code:
net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
press enter then type:
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
press enter then type:
exit
press enter and restart your computer
If this fails to resolve your problem then as "run as administrator" at the command prompt type:-

Code:
netsh winsock reset catalog
press enter reboot to take effect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-the-dhcp-client-service-is-not-running-on-this-computer-508037.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Running bit Vista Home Basic SP I cannot get online When I hover the mouse over the network icon in the notification area it reads quot Connection status unknown The dependency service or group failed to start quot When Client/Diagnostics DHCP Policy not running Service I try to diagnose the problem I can't because the Diagnostics Policy Service is not running When I try to Start the service access is denied Error Same scenario for the service DHCP Client Meanwhile I keep getting warnings that my firewall is not enabled When I try to enable it I get a message that the Security Center can't turn it on Windows Firewall is not listed in services msc I ran a full Malwarebytes scan and it found nothing wrong I did a system restore to several days before DHCP Client/Diagnostics Policy Service not running the problem but even though the restore completed successfully it didn't change my non results The Network and Sharing Center does not display the familiar PC monitor icon with a line to the Network and another line going from the Network to the Internet Instead it just has the word Unknown with the caption the depencency or groiup failed to start I am at a loss How could a PC that was working just fine all of a sudden turn to sh t I have heard that this might be due to a permissions issue but when I use regedit and navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services and right click on Dhcp select Permissions I get an error when I try to add anything either Local Service or Network Service The msg is c Windows system adsldp dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again yadda yadda yadda I have run sfc scannow as well as chkdsk f Scannow reported that it found some problems but was unable to fix all of them Chkdsk found and corrected about errors but neither of these programs helped with the issue Additionally I have downloaded and installed Process Monitor on the PC but the amount of information displayed is overwhelming and I'm not sure what to check Every time I try to start DHCP I get about lines of info on the screen

A:DHCP Client/Diagnostics Policy Service not running

I think 29 hours without a response means that nobody has any more of a clue than me about this. Here is some additional information if it helps a lightbulb to go off in ANYONE's head (my light bulb has been merely flickering for days):

When I open a command prompt and run ipconfig /all, I get what is in the attachment. As you can hopefully see DHCP is enabled. So why isn't it running? And why can't I start it? Is there anything else you see on the attachment that looks like it would prevent me from connecting to the internet?

I realize, of course, that the ip address of 169.254. isn't really going to get me anywhere, but I assumed that was a function of DHCP not being started. Ditto for the default gateway of all zeroes.

Is it possible that this behavior could simply be the result of a bad NIC card?

Can I possibly run an in-place upgrade from Vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium? If it's a Dell PC and I have the Dell Premium CD will it ask me for the product key? If so, will the key on the Basic PC work?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292536-dhcp-client-diagnostics-policy-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Running bit Vista Home Basic SP Cannot get online When I hover the mouse over the network icon in the notification running Policy DHCP not Service Client/Diagnostics area it reads quot Connection status unknown The dependency service or group failed to start quot When I try to diagnose the problem I can t because the Diagnostics Policy Service is DHCP Client/Diagnostics Policy Service not running not running When I try to Start the service access is denied Same scenario for the service DHCP Client Meanwhile I keep getting warnings that my firewall is not enabled When I try to enable it DHCP Client/Diagnostics Policy Service not running I get a message that the Security Center can t turn it on I ran a full Malwarebytes scan and it found nothing wrong I did a system restore to several days before the problem but even though the restore completed successfully it didn t change my non results The Network and Sharing Center does not display the familiar PC monitor icon with a line to the Network and another line going from the Network to the Internet Instead it just has the word Unknown with the caption the depencency or groiup failed to start I am at a loss nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

The system log shows The Group Policy Client service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion That tells me nothing I can use the computer because Client error service failed Policy The to start Group I am the administrator I can access files programs etc from the task bar or the The Group Policy Client service failed to start error start menu but my desktop is blank I have no idea how to troubleshoot this What happened was I shut down the computer this morning because I kinda thought there were some windows updates yesterday Turned The Group Policy Client service failed to start error it on this afternoon and it booted The Group Policy Client service failed to start error fine but I got the error shown above It's been suggested in my searching that there are keys missing now from the registry regarding the Group Policy Editor because of the windows update This link says Vista but the gentleman who posted the info posted it in February quot I FOUND SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM The crash of your computer after Windows Updates most probably caused that It has nothing to do with Antivirus or anything else I had this issue on my laptop since November and it really bugged me I sifted through the event log and found the pattern of events that preceded the issue and probably caused it In short the pattern is as follows Windows updates run automatically as scheduled and when reboot is initiated after the updates are finished the computer crashes probably during reboot sequence When it boots up it reports that the last shutdown was unexpected and the issue begins to occur I spent days trying to dig out a solution from the Internet to no avail until I came across this page It doesn't say anything about this particular problem but it gives more information about SVCHOST process that starts many services including Group Policy Client It looks like during reboot a vital registry settings were lost during crash and Group Policy Client quot don't know quot how to start Let me explain There are two places to look in the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services this path should contain gpsvc key a folder which is responsible for service parameters and configuration I found that the key was intact so you do not touch anything here - just check that the key exists HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion SVCHOST This is the most important path you should look into as it must contain the keys and values referred in the key Below are descriptions what must be present there There must be Multi-String value called GPSvcGroup My laptop was missing it So you should create multi-string value named GPSvcGroup and assign it value GPSvc Next you must create a key a folder and name it GPSvcGroup - this key normally should be there but again it was missin on my laptop Then open newly-created GPSvcGroup folder and create DWORD values First called AuthenticationCapabilities and you must give it a value of x or in decimal Second is called CoInitializeSecurityParam and it must have value of Once you complete all steps above reboot the computer and the problem will be fixed Video walkthrough for those who are not very technical is here quot Windows could not connect to Group Policy Client services quot how to fix Firewall failed load x d - YouTube I am so relieved I was able to fix it and hope this will help others with the similar issue quot Does that sound as though it's something worth pursuing

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56951-group-policy-client-service-failed-start-error.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So when troubleshooting a Windows Update error Code I found that the problem Intelligent Background (BITS) Service 1068 Transfer start not ERR will seems to be that the BITS service isn't running When attempting to start the BITS service from the Services gt BITS gt Properties panel it shoots an error dialogue box reading quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot It appears that it has several dependent services of them to be exact and I'm having trouble pin-pointing the issue It there a way I could just repair restore the whole tree of services killing the issue wherever it may be Thanks in advance Edit I'm backtracking all the services Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 It seems Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 that the BITS dependencies list just lists the Remote Procedure Call RPC twice When checking the Remote Procedure Call's status it is already started This is making no sense to me now Here's the tree of processes that the BITS service seems to Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 be having problems with Edit I want to be very clear so here's all the info in screenshot form ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I got this error when trying to use Windows Update V v Which after looking up the error code found that it has to do with BITS so it lead me to check the service which threw an error when I tried to start it V v So I then checked it's dependencies V v Which then led me to check on RPC which is already started and can't be stopped even if I wanted to V v and now I've hit at a dead end at figuring out where the problem is originating The only changes I've made to my computer recently was uninstall old games and programs and remove their folders from the hidden directories with names like quot LocalLow quot quot Roaming quot quot AppData quot quot Temp quot and quot ProgramData quot I only remove folders that are obviously parts of things I've already deleted such as the games I'm really hoping that this didn't come about from using CCleaner's registry cleaner too much I don't even backup the registries anymore because I've never had issues with it Perhaps I've put too much faith in it's accuracy And before anyone asks yes of course I've tried simply rebooting Didn't do anything to help Once again thanks in advance

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068

Update : I have run the System File Checker and it detected no problems. Yet another attempt met with a dead end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262825-background-intelligent-transfer-service-bits-will-not-start-err-1068-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So when troubleshooting a Windows Update error Code I found that the problem seems to be that the BITS ERR start (BITS) Service Background will Intelligent not Transfer 1068 service isn't running When attempting to start the BITS service from the Services gt BITS gt Properties panel it shoots an error dialogue box reading quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot It appears that it has several dependent services of them to be exact and I'm having trouble pin-pointing the issue It there a way I could just repair restore the whole tree of services killing the issue wherever it may be Thanks in advance Edit I'm backtracking all the services It seems that the BITS dependencies list just lists the Remote Procedure Call RPC twice When checking the Remote Procedure Call's status it is already started This is making no sense to me now Here's the tree of processes that the BITS service seems to be having problems with Edit I want to be very clear so here's all the info in screenshot form ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I got this error when trying to use Windows Update V v Which after looking up the error code found that it has to do with BITS so it lead me to check the service which threw an error when I tried to start it V v So I then checked it's dependencies V v Which then led me to check on RPC which is already started and can't be stopped even if I wanted Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 to V v and now I've hit at a dead end at figuring out where the problem is originating The only changes I've made to my computer recently was uninstall old games and programs and remove their folders from the hidden directories with names like quot LocalLow quot quot Roaming quot quot AppData quot quot Temp quot and quot ProgramData quot I only remove folders that are obviously parts of things I've already deleted such as the games I'm really hoping that this didn't come about from using CCleaner's registry cleaner too much I don't even backup the registries Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 anymore because I've never had issues with it Perhaps I've put too much faith in it's accuracy And before anyone asks yes of course I've tried simply rebooting Didn't do Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 anything to help Once again thanks in advance

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068

This info may be helpful:
Background Intelligent Transfer Service | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

also since it's a network doodad, you might be better off posting in the Networking subforum. You might ask the Mod to move this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262648-background-intelligent-transfer-service-bits-will-not-start-err-1068-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

For the sake of completeness I m going to give the full history here We have a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium This is on a home network no domain The other morning following a Windows Update and restart when the user tried to login she received the message quot User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile to please Group service policy - help! error Solved: client failed start cannot be loaded quot We followed online Solved: Group policy client service failed to start error - please help! advice to log in with an administrator account and change setting in the registry for the Profile resetting some values to We also followed instructions to delete the ntuser dat file however we could not locate a file that was just ntuser Solved: Group policy client service failed to start error - please help! dat they also had long series of numbers after them apparently indicating that they are temporary files After several tries at fixing this she now gets a different error when she tries to log on quot group policy client service failed to start quot She can log onto the account in Safe mode and I can log on to her computer using her account from my computer on the same home network without any problems We have tried copying the user directory to a new profile except for the ntuser dat files as suggested on Windows help This took a good - hours to copy and the new profile seems to be severely hosed none of her setting have been carried over webshots will not run Firefox keeps asking if she wants to set it as the default browser even after she tells it yes each time and she can t access the User Accounts settings from the new profile It s almost like it doesn t really have administrator permissions even though the Accounts and Users control panel shows that it does We know that two other things were going on when the Windows update that caused the restart occurred iTunes was conducting a large download and Symantec was running a scheduled security scan The security scan was showing as still running but was making no progress After checking a few Symantec forums we managed to cancel the process and uninstall Symantec which may be the only way to stop the scan Apparently active Symantec scans are known to cause profile login errors However this did not fix the problem When we log on to her profile in safe mode and look at the advanced user account settings the list of profiles includes two profiles with her original user name The basic list of user accounts only shows one I have no idea what this means Her profile now does have an ntuser dat file However we can t copy or delete it - it s in use by the system We also can t restore an earlier version of the ntuser dat file - apparently it doesn t get backed up in the archive probably for the same reason we can t delete or copy it We tried doing a system restore from the start of the day This was while it was still having the quot user profile service failed quot but before the quot group policy client service failed to start quot We have run sfc scannow It indicated that some files were corrupt but it could not repair them I couldn t figure out which files it thought were corrupt The Group Services Client is not running when I view it from the original profile in Safe Mode However I have no idea if it is supposed to be running in Safe Mode or not There is no way to start it all the options to start or stop are grayed out and unselectable The Group Services Client IS running when I check it with a different profile on the system Would really appreciate a fix for this or at least a way to create a new profile that carries over all her settings and doesn t result in a complete disaster nbsp

A:Solved: Group policy client service failed to start error - please help!

I think we've got this resolved. Unfortunately, there have been so many steps that I'm not sure which were neccessary. These includes:
* The instructions here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...gon-user/4ed66b21-c23e-42f1-98b2-706dcf931fae
(changing some registry entries for the profile)
* Uninstalling Symantec, which had an automatic scan that had been interrupted and was stuck not being able to complete or be cancelled.
* The final bit of fix that worked was (hope I'm getting this all right):
1) Clearing the registry entries as above.
2) Renaming the profile folder.
3) Restarting the computer and letting it create a new profile folder with the same name.
4) Copying the ntuser files from the newly created profile to the old profile.
5) Deleting the new profile and renaming the old profile back.
And now things seem to be working, though she had to run setup on some programs again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-group-policy-client-service-failed-to-start-error-please-help.1050515/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
Could you please help me to resolve the above problems as the Windows security centre service can't be started. Thanks

Stephrafal

A:error 1068 no internet service

Hi and welcome to TSF

1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Microsoft Network Inspection.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK
let us know how that goes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-1068-no-internet-service-695464.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings: I re-installed a printer (Dell 1210 All in One) on an old DELL pc, Windows XP, and cannot get it to install/print. It previously worked with this PC, but it reinstalled itself every time I booted the computer. (When paired with my acer laptop using Windows 7, all functions, including printing, work.) It will copy and scan with the DELL pc. I received the above message: "Could not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." I obviously do not know much about computers, but am trying to learn some things by working with/on this old pc. Thanks for any help!

A:Error 1068: The dependency service...

1) Did you install the printer driver and did it install correctly? If not, go to the Dell Website and download and install the correct driver.

2) Go to START - RUN and type services.msc (then press enter). Locate the Print Spooler service and double click on the entry. Click on the "dependencies" tab. Now locate the services listed in the dependencies tab and see if they are running. If not, try to start them (if they are set to "disabled" you should change the setting to "manual" or "automatic"). Now try to start the Print Spooler Service.

Please report back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569537/error-1068-the-dependency-service/
Relevancy 78.26%

I got these errors...

* Could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer
* Could not start the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service on Local Computer
* Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.
* Under the dependencies tab: No Dependencies in either box.

Okay, the netbt.sys, afd.sys, and tcpip.sys are all in the system32 drivers files. I don't understand why the internet is still not working. You know I checked the non plug and play drivers and I cannot find NetBios over tcpip. Can anyone help me?

A:DHCP Client won't start. Due to Dependency.

Help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-wont-start-due-to-dependency.1032557/
Relevancy 77.83%

TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service isn't running.  Here's the error when I try to start:
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
Dependencies:
AFD
NetBT
- NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver

Device Manager (Show Hidden)

- Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
- NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver

All started and Startup type Boot

A:TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service - Error 1068

Multiple topics were not required.Everything is network related and we could have continued there. Go to device manager-Hidden devices-non plug and play drivers What is the status of NETBT? Ignore NETIO TDI driver. Run Farbar service scanner again and Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485012/tcpip-netbios-helper-service-error-1068/
Relevancy 77.4%

Had unknown Malware
Ran MalwareBytes
Ran SuperAntiSpyware
Ran CCleaner

Removed old install of Norton A/V while i was in there

machine scans clean with everything but no internet. DHCP and TCP/IP netbios helper won't start with error 1075

saw that others had success with copying AFD.sys to system32\drivers and importing AFD.reg from known good PC. tried that and rebooted.

AFD service does not show in list of services and AFD does not show up in hidden Device Manager.

verified AFD.sys is in proper location. also do see AFD registry key in proper location and matches exactly what is supposed to contain.

have run winsockip fix. have reinstalled tcp/ip protocol. have run netsh winsock reset catalog. have run netsh int ip reset. rebooted after each.

have run sfc /scannow

so frustrated

came here and ran FSS

XPSP3

please help

A:DHCP Client won't start after spyware removal

fixed it myself.

was missing the Legacy_AFD registry key

here's a link to anybody else struggling with this garbage

http://stammalammy.blogspot.com/2009/08/learning-more-about-afd-on-xp-than-i.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436874/dhcp-client-wont-start-after-spyware-removal/
Relevancy 77.4%

On my other laptop, I am unable to connect to my home cable network. The connection states that "Current Status: Unknown. The dependency service or group failed to start". After digging about my laptop, I find that DHCP Client is not running. However, upon attempting to manually start it, it gives me Error 5: Access is denied. I am at a loss on what to do.

Relevancy 77.4%

Doesanyone know why when under sevices the DHCP client is setto start automatically it wont. Everytime i restart this machine thati just installed XP pro on and i have installed all service packs and updates. But everytime i restart i have to manuallygo into services and start the client manually. Any insight would be great I have tried everything I can think of except getting a differentrouter..perhaps the OS doesnt like my dlink router so it wontaccept am addressfrom it...maybe but i doubt itso any help would be great
Thanks,
Chad

A:DHCP client wont start on startup???

Try removing all networking components and rebooting and let it build up the network again. You might also consider a system repair if that doesn't work. Obviously, the DHCP client is supposed to start automatically.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-wont-start-on-startup.118940/
Relevancy 77.4%

I can't start the Security center started
It says " Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services"
So i search and notice that it depends on "windows management instrumentation"
I tried to view the fourth tab "dependencies"
then it says"win32:Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services"
and it shows nothing inside the dependencies box.

I tried the Microsoft Fix it 50562,got the same results.

Also I tried sfc /scannow and it tells me "fixed", after restarting the computer,
i still got the same error.

Is there a way to fix this?

A:Error 1068 when starting service,dependencies win32 error

mfimftw,

Please use the following diagnostic tools. They may help us get to the cause of your issues:

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
Download: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
Select the version that applies to your system.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
At the program's console, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool produces a log, FRST.txt, in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply.

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
Also post the Addition.txt in your reply.

Also, use the Farbar Service Scanner
Download: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/

Let's get a view of all services and dependencies scoped by the tool...

Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Press: Scan

When done, FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.

Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/366362-error-1068-when-starting-service-dependencies-win32-error.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Okay, I have been having issues with my network etc. for a long time now and I fixed it, but during that adventure I found that Windows Firewall isn't working right. The exact issue is when I try to go in and start the service manually I get "Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start." I know I have the required services runnung except the Internet Connection Sharing service which gives me the same error. I have tried reseting winsock and all that other stuff but it just dosn't work.

Thanks in advance.

A:Error 1068 when starting Windows Firewall Service

Welcome to the forum
Did you try to see the solution :

Unable to start Windows Firewall
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/226152-error-1068-when-starting-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello I was told to DHCP log) or services Client Windows Cannot (DDS Firewall start post here from this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html I recently found myself unable to connect to the internet In addition the Windows Cannot start Windows Firewall or DHCP Client services (DDS log) Firewall was turned off at some point I cannot get either the DHCP Client or Windows Firewall services to start If I try to manually start the services I receive Cannot start Windows Firewall or DHCP Client services (DDS log) the error quot Windows could not start the DHCP Client sevice on Local Computer Error Access is denied quot I tried to run system restore but I was given the error quot The disk Local Disk C has errors Windows has detected file system corruption on Local Disk C You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored quot I scheduled a chkdsk scan for next reboot and restarted Afterwards I was able to get System Restore to run After rebooting I received the error quot System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer s system files and settings were not changed Details System Restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive C The drive might be corrupt You might want to retry System Restore after running chkdsk R on this disk An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x quot I ran a chkdsk R and no problems were found I tried System Restore again and received the same error as before I have run TDSSKiller and Malwarebytes with no results I was told to start with step from the preparation guide running DDS When I ran it it only created DDS txt and not attach txtI skipped the GMER scan as I am running a -bit OS Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Logar at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkc Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exec Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exeC Program Files x XFastUsb XFastUsb exeC Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows SysWOW ctfmon exeC Windows system vssvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXEC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows SysWOW cmd exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows SysWOW cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exeBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live Win... Read more

A:Cannot start Windows Firewall or DHCP Client services (DDS log)

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452369/cannot-start-windows-firewall-or-dhcp-client-services-dds-log/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello fellow meh I don't know OS Windows Pro Processor AMD FX- Quad Core RAM GB Storage TB of TB available System Type -bit Operating System x based processor A while ago my PC was having some lag issues that made the computer practically unusable I found out in msconfig that I had almost all services running I disabled many of the services and I made sure not disable the necessary ones i e Windows Audio I restarted my computer and there was a red circle with a white quot X quot over the audio icon I clicked on the icon A window named quot Playing Audio quot opened On the window was a bar similar to the one shown while loading downloading something Above the bar said quot Detecting Problems quot Service 8.1 Audio Windows (Error not running 1068/1058?) and then quot Scanning for Windows 8.1 Audio Service not running (Error 1068/1058?) hardware changes quot This went on for about seconds After this the window changed At the top in blue Windows 8.1 Audio Service not running (Error 1068/1058?) was quot Troubleshooting has completed quot Under that was quot The troubleshooter made some changes to your system Try attempting the task you were trying to do before quot In the center of the window was quot Problems found-Hardware changes might not have been detected quot In the search bar I typed quot Manage audio devices quot When I opened it up the window told me that there were no audio devices installed I have checked in Device management under quot sound video and game controllers quot That I have sound drivers installed AMD High Definition Audio Device amp High Definition Audio Device I have tried multiple times to uninstall reinstall the drivers to no avail Any and all help is appreciated accepted Have a nice day

A:Windows 8.1 Audio Service not running (Error 1068/1058?)

The first thought, have you tried reinstalling the Sound Drivers? either from the motherboard vendor or if you have RealTek you can get the latest from RealTek and install that.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/38238-windows-8-1-audio-service-not-running-error-1068-1058-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I m not sure what techinal mumbo jumbo info you need but I do know that you at least need that I have windows XP Service pack The system restore is simple I start it up it runs I log back in and then I get a message without any error codes that it could not be compleated and that no changes were made When checking what Client start, to and DHCP won't use restore. connect system can't Can't internet, is affected since when attempting a system restore I get a message that says quot Changes made to drive s E after this point cannot be reversed because the drive was either Can't connect to internet, DHCP Client won't start, and can't use system restore. excluded from System Restore monitoring or was turned off or removed quot In any Can't connect to internet, DHCP Client won't start, and can't use system restore. of the lists I find it seems system restore only affects C anyways I have a feeling that if I turn the restore points off then on therefore reseting them or create custome restore points it would be fine but I also have a feeling that a good system restore would fix my other more complex problem And if I can do a system restore in the end and fix this I need those old restore points Also I have attempted system restore from various points from both normal and safe mode and at no point was there a change in what happened When going through run to the event veiwer to check system restore errors there was one for each attempt at a system restore all with the Source SRService Event ID and the message in the description quot A restoration to quot Software Distribution Service quot restore point failed No changes made to system For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot This problem should not be a problem for me should I be able to fix the other problem because then I will be more than willign to create brandnew restore points Also this is a hand me down computer and I do not know if norton was ever on it I have avast and I did go to settings and turned off quot Enable avast self defense module quot and attempted several restores under various circumsance including safe mode On to my real problem Exclusivly on this computer a laptop when trying to access the internet through both lanlines and wireless I get an eternal quot Aquiring Network Adress quot message and no access Attempts at refreshing through the command prompter as I have been told the most common solution led to error messages Much hunting latter I found that through control panel then administrative tools then services And finding my DHCP Client that the DHCP Client Which reading the descripition quot Manages network configuration by registering and updating IPaddresses and DNS names I realised should be on Was turned off Upon hitting quot Start the service quot I got the message quot Could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer Error The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion quot Hunting around for that error led me to this http kaliphonia com content windo rvice-does-not-exist-or-has-been-marked-for-d of which I tried the first option and failed with some weird pages opening up at the end Something with a lot of little boxes with diffrent lables and the options to like cancel and quot connect quot and such I m sorry it was a while ago and I was too scared to mess with it again then I tried this http support microsoft com kb under the registery edditer option and all three DependOnService Entires were there and I don t know what they mean by step And now I m stuck I know I have to get that DHCP thing started that will do it but I can t figure out why it wont turn on in the first place AH And also I m sortof blaming avast becuase I m sure that I saw something distincly not virus looking slip by on the deletion list It looked very suspiciously like the deleated driver this woman encountered though I can t be sure more like sure http www techsupportforum com forums f dhcp... Read more

A:Can't connect to internet, DHCP Client won't start, and can't use system restore.

Unauthorized content removed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-dhcp-client-wont-start-and-cant-use-system-restore.1032218/
Relevancy 75.25%

Major network problems Been scouring the web for the NativeWifi Filter drivers for windows Cannot start my WLAN to error auto unable install/start Filter WLAN NativeWifi cannot config start - 1068. Auto Config WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start Service due to NativeWifi Filter not installed WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start unable to start It keeps giving me an error saying that it doesn't exist so I restarted and now it's not even listed in the non plug-and-play section in device manager with hidden devices shown had no problem starting up NDIS Usermode I O Portal as per advice in other threads where it is stated to start BOTH NDIS Usermode etc AND NativeWifi Filter But mine has somehow disappeared from the list and would not start before that point It was a code IIRC quot The device is not present is nor not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot - pulled that from another service that does not work Qos Packet Scheduler is also not functioning where I got the error from which is the same as I WAS getting with NativeWifi Filter If anyone has the drivers to either of these that would be greatly appreciated as I cannot use the net on my computer so am using my brothers for anything internet related atm Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-auto-config-cannot-start-error-1068-nativewifi-filter-unable-to-install-start-472239.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Background:
I've been having an issue on my system after installing and then removing Jetico Personal Firewall.  It completely screwed up my network connection.

Environment:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

I've searched all over the net and tried various fixes, including many from this site:

DHCP Client - "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified" when I try to start it in the Services.  All dependencies are there: AFD, Tdx (NetIO), Network Store Interface Service.

I've tried sfc /scannow and came up clean.

netsh int ip reset C:\reset.log

netsh winsock reset catalog

Added permissions to registry keys for dhcp and tcpip.

Device Manager (show hidden) has AFD, tdx, NSI all running and set to start at boot.

Restore points are gone, so not a possible solution.

Thanks in advance!

A:DHCP Client error 2

Please download Farbar Service Scanner, save it to your desktop,launch it and type DHCP in search BOX Press "Export service".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484971/dhcp-client-error-2/
Relevancy 74.39%

start>control panel>administrative Tasks>Services

So I went there after some suggestions by some members on here, and tried to turn a few programs automatic(not the delayed start) but when I tried to start some of them, I got this message:

Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

So is there a way to fix this?

A:Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services

Yes, possibly possible! What are the names of the services you are dealing with?

Double click the service - go to the "Dependencies" tab - Check the service names list under "This service depends on the following system components" and then make sure that all the services listed there are already started.

For example, if you're trying to start a service which has dependency on "Windows firewall" service, you need to first make sure Windows firewall service is STARTED.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286402-error-1068-failed-start-when-trying-start-services.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone I recently had to remove a virus from my computer that seemed to cause the DHCP Client and TCP IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically As a result I cannot access the Internet If I manually start them it does work however it is set to start automatically so I don t understand why it won t Having to start them manually is cumbersome and I would really like to fix the problem My guess is that a registry got changed when the TCP/IP start Client NetBIOS longer and caused Virus DHCP no automatically. Helper to virus infected my computer I made a copy of the AFD Registry and TCP IP Registry from a clean computer and tried copying it onto the problem computer and rebooted but it still didn t fix my issue I ve exhausted my knowledge base on this and have spent an excessive amount of time researching the problem so I figured I d see if any of you could help me Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-caused-dhcp-client-and-tcp-ip-netbios-helper-to-no-longer-start-automatically.1045914/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone I recently had to remove a virus from my computer that seemed to cause the DHCP Client and TCP IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically As a result I cannot access the Internet If I manually start them it does work however it is set to start automatically so I don t understand why it won t Having to start them manually is cumbersome and I would really like to fix the problem My guess is that a registry got changed when the virus infected my computer I made a copy of the AFD Registry and TCP IP Registry from a clean computer and tried copying it onto the problem computer and rebooted but it still didn t fix my issue I ve exhausted my knowledge base on this and have spent DHCP caused Client to and start no TCP/IP automatically. Virus Helper longer NetBIOS an excessive amount of time researching the problem Virus caused DHCP Client and TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically. so I figured I d see if any of you could help me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Virus caused DHCP Client and TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner to your desktop.

Make sure only the following option is checked:

Internet Services

Press "Scan".

It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run (which should be on the desktop).

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-caused-dhcp-client-and-tcp-ip-netbios-helper-to-no-longer-start-automatically.1045916/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello again I've encountered a new problem that I'm having trouble fixing if you need me to do the zip and all that let me know and I'll work on it but it's pretty specific to this Even so more info is good so let me know if you need it The crashes occur while using FTP to transfer files to anything within my network I'm currently using FireFox's FireFTP program to do so I am able to connect to causes Error DHCP-Client Crash my server but unable to transfer anything since as soon as I do that's when my computer crashes I looked through the event logs and found this following message The IP address lease for the Network Card with network address x A A has been denied by the DHCP server The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message Apparently this causes a critical error and DHCP-Client Error causes Crash I get that weird no BSOD but can't do anything type of crash If anyone can help me out I'd much appreciate it thanks

A:DHCP-Client Error causes Crash

How many computers are on your network? Set them all to static IPs starting from 192.168.1.2 and going up (192.168.1.3 etc...) and see if it makes a difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122018-dhcp-client-error-causes-crash.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I got this error message after my system took itself error client dhcp [SOLVED] off my dhcp server I was online when this happened and evertything was charlie-charlie prior DHCP client but after each try it stops automatically I'v restarted I'v sfc scannow I'v [SOLVED] dhcp client error tried restoring but realised i dont have restore points i'v tried repairing with my OS cd but realised vista's repairing isnt like xp it doesnt actually recopy the system files The network connectivity icon is blinking ok but it cannot read the domain name of my network In the network and sharing centre the status is quot Identifying Public network quot In the Local Area Network Status Packets are being sent but not received I think I should be able to browse if i assign ip address manually but i would like to correct this error Right now I am out of ideas Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exe Dhcp Application Version Application Timestamp b Fault Module Name dhcpcsvc dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp e Exception Code c Exception Offset df e OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x

A:[SOLVED] dhcp client error

Alrightee people, I guess i ran ahead of myself. I should have been patient and done some more research. Well, got to find out that I am not alone in this ship of mine and its like a glitch in the kernel of the OS I am using (Vista Business SP2). Found a post on http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networ...not-start.html that suggested resetting the winsock catalog in the cmd prompt with the commmand netsh winsock reset catalog
Worked fine!
The End.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dhcp-client-error-441142.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am repairing an Acer Aspire AM -U I removed some trojans and malware and a virus Their AVG Internet Security threw up the presence of a trojan in the restore file Everything was working fine on the internet unitl I cleared the restore points and a short while later rebooted the machine I have tried Uninstalling the network card and driver start will DHCP not Service reinstalling the realtek driver Checking in the registry to see if the permissions were right for the DHCP service Various Microsoft Fix It solutions that were offered sfc scannow A restore netbt bat file The message I get when I try to start the DHCP Service is Windows could not DHCP Service will not start start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer Error The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion I am totally stumped as to what to do I may have to contact them and ask for permission to reinstall OS Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488483/dhcp-service-will-not-start/
Relevancy 73.53%

I can't obtain an IP address or get on the Internet. When I look at my list of services, it shows DHCP Client in a "starting" mode but never completely starts as it should. I have searched for help from Microsoft's knowledge base but can't find a cause or soltion. Thanks for any and all help!

A:DHCP Client Service Stays in "starting" mode

Is this such a difficult problem that no one can help me? Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-service-stays-in-starting-mode.541625/
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to start the Internet Connection Sharing Service. But I always get that error when attempting to do so. I set all of its dependencies and it to automatic startup.They all start up except for Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service, which only runs if a program that depends on it does (i.e. I can't start it manually). I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Some Googling seems to point towards the direction of Windows Firewall possibly blocking. I have Norton installed, and that's managing it for me. Is Norton blocking it? If so, what changes do I need to make to it to allow this? If not, what else could it be? Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402694-get-error-1068-when-attempting-start-ics.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Mod Edit Moved from Win to the Am I Infected forum boopmeI randomly decided to look at McAfee and check my settings etc When looking at the main screen everything states its on and green I had the most current definitions loaded When I checked my McAfee firewall it stated on When I clicked to go into the McAfee firewall the screen then changed and said it was off When clicking the Turn On button start and Windows Error Firewall 0x8007042c Code Error - not 1068 Can it would immediately shut off I searched this issue and the blogs stated to look at the Windows Firewall under Services When I checked it was not there I did a Windows Search for it and found it When it opens it gives tells me I Can not start Windows Firewall - Error Code 0x8007042c and Error 1068 need to Update the Firewall Settings When I click on Use Recommended Settings it gives me an error Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings Error Code x c I've checked out some of the blog discussions and followed a few thread Can not start Windows Firewall - Error Code 0x8007042c and Error 1068 about creating new register bat files and running them I've also tried merging some dll files also per the bloggers After doing these actions the Windows Firewall now appears in my Services but when I click to start it I get the error Windows could not start the Windows Firewall Service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start

A:Can not start Windows Firewall - Error Code 0x8007042c and Error 1068

McAfee has verified I have a virus.  Will post in the Virus Forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498566/can-not-start-windows-firewall-error-code-0x8007042c-and-error-1068/
Relevancy 72.67%

As per title, please help? It says Error 5: Access is denied when i try to run it from services.msc, i even opened up services.msc as administrator, same result, any advice please?

thank you

EDIT: cant get internet, running on static IP now

A:DHCP Client cannot be started, Error 5: Access is Denied

Read here: Error 5: Access is denied. when you try to start the DHCP Client service

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201285-dhcp-client-cannot-started-error-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I get this every time I start Win 7 64bit. Everything runs fine and I can get online without a problem, but it just annoys me to see it poping in the Event Viewer under Administrative Viewer.

Thanks
Patrick

By pt121 at 2012-03-21

A:[SOLVED] Event Viewer(Dhcp-Client) Error

Now Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-event-viewer-dhcp-client-error-636850.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay, so my Tablet PC which is running Windows Vista Ultimate is crashing a lot lately... about once or twice every few hours.

Explorer.exe crashes, then restarts eventually...
After it restarts and I look at the system log, it shows at the time of the crash, an error about the Dhcp-Client.
It says "The IP address lease <insert current IP> for the Network Card with network address <insert MAC ID> has been denied by the DHCP server <router IP address>. (The DHCP server sent a DHCPNACK message.)"

I'm not sure why, but every time I've gotten this error like this repetitively when explorer crashes, I've had to reload the OS to get it to act normally again.

I don't see why a DHCP error is crashing explorer.exe.
Anyone know anything about this?

A:Explorer.exe crashes, returns Dhcp-Client error

Do you have Norton or Symantec. What other security. This is a Ethernet error usually caused by what is called a SYMTDI dependency in the registry. If you remove that, DHCP will usually start normally. The starting range of the CHCP pool is off kilter. This has been often reported as caused by security software, most often Symantec.
Try changing your lease time to perhaps 60 minutes. Your machine will then be expected to renew its address every 30 minutes. You might also try changing your router address from 192.169.1.1 to something different, like 192.168.1.6 or other suggested by your router manual.
Be careful as it could be a sign that your network security has been compromised. Somebody could be trying remote code execution. Be certain all networks and patches are up to date, by checking for downloads. Do any users have incorrectly assigned rights? It could be a case of a hacker or stoopidity stopping DHCP Client Services and that blocks your system from signing in properly to the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-exe-crashes-returns-dhcp-client-error.110606/
Relevancy 72.67%

AVG won t install because it says there is a problem with windows firewall Windows firewall will not start because it says that services which windows firewall depends on will not start When I try to start these services I get Error messages When I right click on a service such as alerter which for some reason is disabled and click on properties no property menu appears on the screen start 1068 messages and services Error Cannot When I click away from a window it disappears does not appear in the task bar and the only way to make it reappear is to alt and Cannot start services and Error 1068 messages tab it back into view This is my brothers computer and he has not had any virus scanner since I put the computer together much against my advice My brother scanned his computer with the housecall service that trendmicro provides and it got a few problems but the issues above were not resolved We also have no sound and his quot Razor quot mouse doesn t work Standard mouse does I ran a hijack this log through an analyser and everything came back with Green ticks apart from incorrect entries both entries were deemed as safe I figure either a key service has magically become disabled or there is something worse with this computer Can someone tell me what I should do to procede with trying to fix the above problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-services-and-error-1068-messages.615949/
Relevancy 72.24%

Yesterday my computer had the following installed Motherboard KT Delta VIA KT Chipset Based AMD Athlon XP processor Gig Western DHCP have Service and in Applications start manually I to Digital Caviar ATA Hard Drive The problem is that each time I turn the pc on if I want to access the internet I must right I have to manually start DHCP in Service and Applications click on My Computer then Manage and then I have to manually start DHCP in Service and Applications Service and Applications and then Double Click DHCP Client It is set for Autostart but something is wrong because I have to manually start it up I did a quick check on other items that had no status and they seem to be in this file System svchost exe -k netscvs The tech guy from my ISP told me that it could be a problem with my XP disc I can t see how When my friend installed this hardware he also installed an extra hard drive around gig for things I might want on a backup incase something happens to my main hard drive He formatted both hard drives and put Windows on the main drive not aware that you could do a clean install with XP Now when my computer starts up I have to choose either Windows XP Home or Windows if I choose Windows nothing happens Just a blinking cursor My main concern right now is that I have to manuallly start up the DHCP Client if I want to go online I went into the BIOS looking for answers Can you help me Thank You Susan nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

HeyI am helping a friend fixing his Internet access on his Windows machine The machine was previously on a wired connection and was working fine for years But the machine was moved and an USB wifi dongle was purchased And No DHCP start service internet won't access, now he can t get online Started debugging with disabling IPv on the connection Diasbles firewall Uninstalled two antivirus programs No luck Then tried to reset the TCP IP stack with netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh int ip reset reset logThe No internet access, DHCP service won't start I came over this post and followed all the steps in flyguy s answer Still no luck I downloaded and ran Farbar service scanner but could not find any MD error on any of dll s Anyone have any suggestions on what i should try next Farbar log Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Jentutten administrator on - - at Running from quot C Ny mappe quot Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK afd Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of afd service is OK The ImagePath of afd service is OK Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errors Yahoo IP is accessible Attempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile quot EnableFirewall quot DWORD System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv service is OK BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of BITS service is OK The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log

A:No internet access, DHCP service won't start

Press Windows+R key and typedevmgmt.msc and click okOn top,click on VIEW-SHOW HIDDEN DEVICESRight click on Ancillary Function driver for winsock-UninstallRestart the PCPost the new FSS logDownloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: Flush DNSReport IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size List restore pointsClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470091/no-internet-access-dhcp-service-wont-start/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, I have a laptop with Windows Vista, and I recently had to remove the FBI Moneypak Virus, so I don't know if this might have had anything to do with my not being able to get Security Center to start.

I've looked online for the solutions and tried a couple of things.

I've checked Security Center under Services and couldn't get it started. I get 1068 Error, I check under Properties for Dependencies and it's blank.

I ran a System File check and it was repaired successfully.

I don't know what else to check.

A:[SOLVED] Can't start Security Center, Error 1068

Hi please see the info here Security Center service is turned off, Error 1068

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-start-security-center-error-1068-a-681588.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have the problem that the service WLAN Auto-Config isn't started When I try to start the sevice manual then the error appear quot Error The dependency service or appear Auto-Config WLAN can't Error 1068 - start: group failed to WLAN Auto-Config can't start: Error 1068 appear - start quot I have seached on Google and another forum with a simalar problem but the solution of this forum is not working at my computer Does somebody know other tips or even better the solution - I have tried the three steps of onopko see the forum link but the this not helping to my computer On advice of StalkeR I have add the reg files of Black Viper site as Safe as well default Every time I have restarted my computer after adding the reg files but both files are resolving me problem After these steps I have exported the reg data of I belive that this was the solution of onopko HKEY LOCAL MACHINE gt SYSTEM gt CurrentControlSet gt services gt Ndisuio The export is been done from working WIFI laptop The reg data is been imported into my computer but didn't help also not Strange of my computer is that I have twice the service WLAN Auto-Config But both services are getting the same error-message Can somebody help me with this problem

A:WLAN Auto-Config can't start: Error 1068 appear -

Is there nobody that have an advice for this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184930-wlan-auto-config-cant-start-error-1068-appear.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Not sure why this problem is persisting. I appear to have all the dependent files. I have run SFC/ scannow to no avail. I cannot start the services in question. The 1075 error message continues. I have attached my system info.

A:Solved: DHCP client and TCPIP Netbios helper 1075 error

I was able to restart DHCP services by deleting the registry entry and rebooting. I went into the registry editor, located the DHCP subkey, right click on dependonservice and clicked on delete.
However TCPIP Netbios helper I could still not start, even after running sfc/scannow.
The solution for me was to restore the operating system to an earlier point in time. In windows xp, go to programs> accessories>disk utilities> system restore and follow the directions. I suppose I could have done that for both problems? At least I didnít have to reinstall XP!

Anyway I can connect to internet now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dhcp-client-and-tcpip-netbios-helper-1075-error.1043147/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an Alltel Wireless card and its worked perfectly up until a few days ago, when all the sudden I couldn't connect to the internet. The network connection center won't even open. So, after some researching, I read to go into services and start the remote access, remote access auto and telephony. Telephony is started, the rest will not connect. I have checked the 'logon' tab to make sure the stuff in there is enabled and I checked dependencies and one of those dependencies says 'starting' but I don't know what's going on.

I really just don't know what else to do. Help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-1068-when-attempting-to-start-remote-access-manually.162027/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I have a Windows 7 machine that is having an issue with Security Center. It had a small amount of PUP and Trojan Variants, but I took care of them.

However, the Trojans must have ran as Security Center has stopped working out of nowhere.

I get error 1068 when trying to boot WSCVM through the Services tab. Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is running and booted, whereas Windows Management Instrumentation, will not boot or run.

Any ideas on what to do here? Would this REGFix file do the trick?

Windows Security Center Service has been removed - Microsoft Community Is that safe to use?

A:[SOLVED] Windows Security Center Can't Start - Error 1068

Hi, net helpmsg 1068 at the prompt returns:-

The dependency service or group failed to start.

The fix in your post is to replace the registry service entry for Wscsvc (security centre) it does not appear that this is needed. We need to look at the dependencies.

I note you say WMI will not start.

We need to see more of your services open a cmd as admin and run the following in red:-

echo > 0 & sc qc Winmgmt >> 0 & sc queryex Winmgmt>> 0 & sc qc Dcomlaunch >> 0 & sc queryex DcomLaunch >> echo >> 0 & notepad 0
press enter

Next run:- Net start > 0 & notepad 0 press enter

Please post the notepad outcome's here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-security-center-cant-start-error-1068-a-916130.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all. After a week with this problem, Audio Windows service that won't start and to avoid the Microsoft support advice: reinstall XP, then re update with Vista Ultimate...

Here was my case : Audio windows service dont start because another one don't either : the Audio End point Builder (AudioEndpointBuilder) with 998 error ?!
Many solutions found didn't work, then I tried another one given for another sound problem, and it worked for me :

- copy the file audiosvr.dll from another Vista PC (not especially Ultimate)
- paste it on one of your drive ex: D:\
- Boot/Start with Vista dvd
- Choose the "Repar" option
- Than choose the "Command Line" option
- To type "copy d:\audiosrv.dll c:\windows\system32\audiosrv.dll"
- Restart !

If only i could save you from a all reinstallation... Hope this helps !

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/265760-audio-windows-dont-start-error-1068-audioendpointbuilder-solution.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I've been using the Hostednetwork from the netsh wlan commands for a long time . Now I've got a Intel Galileo Gen2 with a linux system running on it, but when I tried to access the hostednetwork from it, it returned with an error that the DHCP server doesn't
response. So I had a look at the "ipconfig -all" in cmd, it says that the DHCP service of "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is disabled. I don't know how to enable it.
BTW, my phone works well with the hostednetwork, and my computer's wireless card is working well and its DHCP service is enabled.
Any help?
THANKS

A:Unable to start DHCP Service for the Hostednetwork from netsh wlan

Hi Rabbit.Chaser,
Are you working with a hostednetwork (netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=YourVirtualNetworkName  key=YourNetworkPassword)on a Windows 7 machine and you want to connect to the hostednetwork from a Linux system? Can we connect to the hostednetwork
from the Linux system before?
Have you tried to restart the hostednetwork?
To restart the hostednetwork:
"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork"
"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork".
If the issue persists, we could try to recreate the hostednetwork to have a check.
Considering the other devices worked well with the hostednetwork, I suspect there may be a compatibility issue here. We could try to ask for help from the Linux Forum.
Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34796ddc-2d7a-4e10-ac1a-79049b226145/unable-to-start-dhcp-service-for-the-hostednetwork-from-netsh-wlan?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.52%

I got a virus All sorts of programs suddenly installed themselves or opened websites like trovi on a browser mybrowser that had just installed itself Along with pc speed up and cinemaplus and a dozen more I tried to open the task manager and it failed I downloaded malwarebytes but so many programs were opening at once I had to turn Had won't is gone. it Err5 virus. won't Think Dhcp work. start. Internet service it off before using it Turned it back on and it was a mess Went into safe mode Fixed taskmgr with scn scannow ran rkill tdsskiller and malwarebytes This took a few reboots It found a backdoor and a rootkit ten red items I removed Then I went about asking all the malware to uninstall itself Then I had malwarebytes run a full scan and removed hundreds of yellow items pup I thought I'd won but my Windows now cannot connect to my router or internet I am not sure this is all of why but in services msc dhcp and dns services will not start They say error access denied I tried editing the permissions as per another forum thread but I couldn't get either service to start Apparently that first time I turned off my computer my virus disabled them Had virus. Think it is gone. Internet won't work. Dhcp service won't start. Err5 or maybe when malwarebytes killed the virus Trying to diagnose the conncection and let windows fix it results in a general troubleshooting error I thought someone might ask me to run combofix So I did The log file contains only a single I The system seems fine otherwise Except the ncidia display driver service also won't start possibly unrelated Pinging works Lunging does not I uninstalled a winpk filter from my connection connection properties because it sounded suspicious when googled The network sharing center lists the connection as endlessly identifying If I set an up for my computer it is usually dhcp'd I can get the connection to show instead as unidentified public network but it still won't connect to anything It is hard to look for help without the internet working So I'd be willing to find a bandaid fix to connect without fixing the underlying windows service problems If such a thing is even possible I've never had a virus disable my internet before What is the point of a backdoor that disabled the targets internet I do not have any restore points they wouldnt for on my old sad which I now regret Below are upcoming all farbar service scanner logs indows IP Configuration Host Name Win -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home thernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B - - A- - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b b cde cd Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Connection Status Localhost is accessible There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Google IP is unreachable Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors Action Center Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is OK The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit ... Read more

A:Had virus. Think it is gone. Internet won't work. Dhcp service won't start. Err5

I finally got a friend to burn me a livecd so I can now type on my keyboard instead of my phone, I can also access all of my windows computer's system and media files this way.
I wanted to post a copy of cbs.log but it is 10megabytes and won't fit on pastebin even. so here's the final loop in the log file.
2015-10-26 17:51:32, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.
2015-10-26 17:51:32, Info CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v6.1.7601.17592 with Core: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17592_none_672ce6c3de2cb17f\cbscore.dll
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI [email protected]/10/26:21:51:33.393 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.6) called (stack @0x7fef0d1f0ad @0x7fef0fd9849 @0x7fef0fa34e3 @0xffe9e97c @0xffe9d799 @0xffe9db2f)
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI [email protected]/10/26:21:51:33.409 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.6) called (stack @0x7fef0d1f0ad @0x7fef1026816 @0x7fef0ff2aac @0x7fef0fa35b9 @0xffe9e97c @0xffe9d799)
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI [email protected]/10/26:21:51:33.424 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.6) called (stack @0x7fef0d1f0ad @0x7fef2e48738 @0x7fef2e48866 @0xffe9e474 @0xffe9d7de @0xffe9db2f)
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS Starting the TrustedInstaller main loop.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS TrustedInstaller service starts successfully.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Initializing online with Windows opt-in: False
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Cleaning up report files older than 10 days.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Requesting upload of all unsent reports.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Failed to start upload with file pattern: C:\Windows\servicing\sqm\*_std.sqm, flags: 0x2 [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Failed to start standard sample upload. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Failed to start upload with file pattern: C:\Windows\servicing\sqm\*_all.sqm, flags: 0x6 [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Failed to start always sample upload. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS SQM: Warning: Failed to upload all unsent reports. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS No startup processing required, TrustedInstaller service was not set as autostart, or else a reboot is still pending.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS NonStart: Checking to ensure startup processing was not required.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI 00000004 IAdvancedInstallerAwareStore_ResolvePendingTransactions (call 1) (flags = 00000004, progress = NULL, phase = 0, pdwDisposition = @0xfcf6c0
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI 00000005 Creating NT transaction (seq 1), objectname [6]"(null)"
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI 00000006 Created NT transaction (seq 1) result 0x00000000, handle @0x1e8
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI [email protected]/10/26:21:51:33.487 CSI perf trace:
CSIPERF:TXCOMMIT;576
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS NonStart: Success, startup processing not required as expected.
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS Startup processing thread terminated normally
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CSI 00000008 CSI Store 4125760 (0x00000000003ef440) initialized
2015-10-26 17:51:33, Info CBS Session: 30478392_2060359813 initialized by client lpksetup.
2015-10-26 17:51:36, Info CBS Session: 30478392_2060359813 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x00000000 - ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594517/had-virus-think-it-is-gone-internet-wont-work-dhcp-service-wont-start-err5/
Relevancy 70.09%

okay first thing i must say is that i cant apparently create a regular zip file with the built in windows archive maker so i will have to attach the two logs as just the plain txt files i apologize for this however i am assuming that it is preferable to zipping them with winrar so without further adieu okay i got the infamous to vsc dll virus 1053 it 1068) updated No (error will & framework1.1 help services net start or didnt and it No services will start (error 1053 or 1068) updated net framework1.1 & it didnt help did what everyone says and kept like redirecting me and what not along with the other random crap that went with that virus well i had to really chip away at it but i finally deleted it and got it to the point where it would no continue to restore itself i deleted every single trace of it anywhere on my computer i even made sure to go through the registry and delete all the keys it deleted well in short it finally went away i hope now when we me and my brother it is his computer i was working on thought we had gotten rid of it before all we would do it go to internet and try to go to a site and if it would redirect us we would know that it was still present well this is where the problem came in once i had finally gotten rid of it i ran unhackme deep scan just to make sure that it didnt find anything seeing as it was specfially noted for its ability to get past the top of the line best anti-virus software on the market so it required a reboot to perform this so i did that it ran the scan and didnt pick nothing up so i went along with no worry when it then logged on fully the task bar and all the windows and what not all looked like windows classic all grey and what not my brother was then like quot oh yeah its done that before usually when it does that the audio doesnt work just restart it and it will be fine if not i have no idea quot so i ended up restarting it times with no change and when i started to get pissed i sought out to find the root of the cause of this behavior and oh boy did i find it alright i went to my services to find out that literally more then half the ones i should have had on and ones that should be on by default were set to automatic but not started there was still a few started but for the most part alot of them were set to automatic but not started Now when i go to start any of them that are not already started i either get one of two errors either Error saying that the quot the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion quot however it says that immediately once i click start or i get Error saying that quot The dependency service or group failed to start quot HOWEVER when i go to dependencies on any service Automatic Manual Disabled Started Or not Started it says the first error message but it includes a Win in front of it kinda like this Win The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion now i have tried updating the net framework and it literally was useless it did absolutely nothing and i know it has nothing to do with the java but i have no clue what else it could be and i am pissing my summer away working on this computer all day long form the time i wake up till the time i go to bed and i really am starting to get pissed off so please please please help i am at the point of imploding in upon myself from stress frustration lack of sleep and the fact i cant figure this out so im handin this one of to you guys please help me also here is the log from the DDS scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on Tue Internet Explorer Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mWinlogon Shell c windows explorer exe BHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - d... Read more

A:No services will start (error 1053 or 1068) updated net framework1.1 & it didnt help

Hello theomega76,

You have a rootkit onboard, so please stop any further fixing on your end. :)

It will require more than 1 round to clean the system. Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seem to abate.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/no-services-will-start-error-1053-or-1068-updated-net-framework1-1-and-it-didnt-help-494131.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been having awful trouble setting up my network (well setting it up again) and have found that this 'service' is not running.

The full error I get when I right click->start is the following:

"Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Which suggests something else needs to be running and isn't but to the best of my knowledge everything that should be running is.

A:1068 error on attempting to start Remote Access Connection Manager. How do I solve th

Zenosincks said:

Just guessing here:

Go to Start>Run>services.msc>Ok.

Ensure "Remote Access Connection Manager" is started by right clicking on "Remote Access Connection Manager" and then "Properties". Next to "Startup Type:" if the service is "Disabled" set it to "Manual". Click "Apply" and then click "Start" to start the service.

Check the "Dependencies" tab to see what services depend on this one, as well as the ones that "Remote Access Connection Manager" depends on and set those to "Manual" as well.Click to expand...

By checking the dependencies tab I could see that RACM was dependent on telephony which wasn't running. Thank you!

Now to see if I can at last get t'internet back on my beloved PC!!

Aaaaannnd it doesn't. Sigh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1068-error-on-attempting-to-start-remote-access-connection-manager-how-do-i-solve-th.99599/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have new Windows Pro nbsp desktop computers that have been in use for a Client service won't Policy start Group couple of months and are having the same problem The Group Policy Client service won't start When I try to start it I get a message that says quot Group Policy Client service won't start Error Access is denied quot If I try to simply open the service properties I get the message quot Configuration Manager The Plug and Play service or another required service is not available quot When I click OK to that the properties box then opens And yes the PnP service is running and is set to Automatic The service is set to Automatic logon is with the Local System account as usual and all other automatic services are started I'm wondering if there is a permission on a registry key that isn't set right but I don't know which key it would be nor what the permission should be Anyone seen this before with any version of Windows or how to fix it Jonathan

A:Group Policy Client service won't start

Hi,
Please refer to the link below for the solution that a similar problem with you.
http://triplescomputers.com/blog/casestudies/solution-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-group-policy-client-service/
Hope this help to you.
If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Windows related issue, let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2408c39-005d-45dd-b226-4c25b3b0dcae/group-policy-client-service-wont-start?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.94%

My DNS server client won't start, error 1075. I have traced this to the NETIO Legacy support driver which the DNS is dependent on not exisiting and am unable to find this driver in the non-plug and play drivers in device manager. I have run sfc/scannow with no errors returned. There was some malware that has since been cleaned and the most recent Malware bytes came back with no issues. I am able to access the internet with no trouble but cannot access all shared drives within my domain or all network printers. I have a feeling enabling the DNS and IP helper services will solve my problems but I am open to other solutions. I tried to run a system restore but there are no restore points early enough on the system. I'm open to anything short of re-installing windows.

Thanks

A:DNS Server Client won't start - dependent service does not exist

In elevated command prompt:

Code:

reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tdx /s
post output

Is Network Store Interface Service started?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277539-dns-server-client-wont-start-dependent-service-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Every single time when my computer boot up, i received a ballon with a error.
After checking the event viewer, i found this record.

"The Group Policy Client service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Your help is really appreciated.
TYVM in advance.

A:The Group Policy Client service failed to start.

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495850/the-group-policy-client-service-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 67.94%

After i did a new clean install of vista i am now getting this error "The Group Policy Client service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

You can only logon the Vista Ultimate if you are an administrator. If you don't have local administrative rights then you can not log in. Ive tried deleteing the profiles and setting them up again renameing the ntuser.dat and deleteing the backup this did not work. Ive tried everything. Read all the post on this forum about this isssue. Still no luck. This is a home computer not on a domain never has been. Any ideas?
Thanks

A:The Group Policy Client service failed to start

1.Uninstall non-system firewall,antivirus,antimalware
2.If point 1 no help you diagnose your hard disk any tool

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185851-group-policy-client-service-failed-start.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey all!
I am really desperate. I've tried a few things that other people have posted here, especially Cookiegal and Lumpola but this issue persists.

I had a virus. I think I got rid of it. Avast scans and boot time scans and Super Anti Spyware and TDSS killer report all clear. However, the network shield of Avast and the Internet don't work.
Points to note:
1. In services, the DHCP and DNS cannot be started. I get the error 1075: service has been marked for deletion or one of it's dependancies are missing. (close to that)

I've checked the dependancies of both, and reinstated the ADF module in device manager after selecting the 'View Hidden' option.

A:DHCP Server Service -Error 1075 - not starting

2. I've tried deleting the winsock and winsock2 entries in the registry.
3. From the command prompt, SFC/scan now terminates at 82%. thrice.
4. I can see the network, both wired and wireless, I can connect, but it says I have limited connectivity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-server-service-error-1075-not-starting.1021368/
Relevancy 64.5%

New Asus laptop, Windows 8.1. 

Past day or so, been getting a new message upon boot-up (bottom right-hand corner, yellow pop-up message box that disappears after twenty seconds or so):

"Failed to connect to a Windows service.  Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client Service.  This problem prevents standard users from signing in."  Message then tells me that as Admin I can log into my settings or history (or something) and find out what the problem is. 

Otherwise, laptop appears to be working fine.

Questions:

1.  What does this error message mean?
2. How do I use my Admin privileges to step-by-step resolve the problem?

A:Group Policy Client Service Error

Okay, someone else posted a similar question at answers.microsoft a few years back.  Here was one person's response:

It looks like during reboot a vital registry settings were lost during crash and Group Policy Client "doesn't know" how to start.  Let me explain:
There are two places to look in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services this path should contain gpsvc key (a folder), which is responsible for service parameters and configuration.  I found that the key was intact, so, you do not touch anything here - just check that the key exists.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SVCHOST This is the most important path you should look into, as it must contain the keys and values referred in the key #1.  Below are descriptions what must be present there.
There must be Multi-String value called GPSvcGroup. My laptop was missing it.  So, you should create multi-string value named GPSvcGroup and assign it value GPSvc.
Next, you must create a key (a folder) and name it GPSvcGroup - this key normally should be there, but, again, it was missin on my laptop.
Then open newly-created GPSvcGroup folder and create 2 DWORD values:
First called AuthenticationCapabilities and you must give it a value of 0x00003020 (or 12320 in decimal)
Second is called CoInitializeSecurityParam and it must have value of 1.
Once you complete all steps above, reboot the computer and the problem will be fixed.

Does this response make sense, and in plain English, what am I supposed to do?   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563235/group-policy-client-service-error/
Relevancy 64.5%

Have not been able 5. . DHCP will not start Error to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't DHCP will not start . Error 5. start The error message when trying to restart DHCP is quot Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service Error Access Denied quot I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP I have no restoration points on my computer This is what I have tried so far -- gt The usual commands ipconfig flushdnsnetsh int ip reset c resetlog txtnetsh winsock reset catalognetsh int tcp set heuristics disablednetsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel disablednetsh int DHCP will not start . Error 5. tcp set global rss enabledipconfig releaseipconfig renew I have of course contacted my ISP and they have found nothing wrong on their side or in the router I have also uninstalled reinstalled my network adaptor Have also tried modifying the registry by assigning permissions at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services DHCP Now digging deeper I set the command CMD K SC QC DHCP This was what I got note the system is in Spanish TIPO INICIO AUTO START CONTROL ERROR NORMAL NOMBRE RUTA BINARIO C Windows system svchlst exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted GRUPO ORDEN CARGA TDI ETIQUETA NOMBRE MOSTRAR Cliente DHCP DEPENDENCIAS MSI TDX AFD NOMBRE INICIO SERVICIO NT Authority LocalService Any ideas Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65608-dhcp-will-not-start-error-5-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I keep getting this error:

"Common Client Network Proxy Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have Windows XP SP2. DSL

details about the error:
szAppName : CCPROXY.EXE szAppVer : 2.1.6.3 szModName : PXYHTTP.DLL
szModVer : 2.1.6.3 offset : 000070d2

C:\DOCUME~1\Ian\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER301a.dir00\CCPROXY.EXE.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Ian\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER301a.dir00\appcompat.txt
I believe it has something to do with Norton. CCPROXY.exe

When this error happens the internet stops working until i reboot.

So i went to services and had it restart the service everytime it fails for a temporary solution.

What is the permanant solution??

Thank you for taking the time to read my problem and thanks to whoever tries to help.

A:Common Client Network Proxy Service Error

Here is some more infomation on ccproxy.exe. This appears to be a third party proxy server. If you don't use it I would recommend uninstalling it. Especially if it is causing issues.http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34852/common-client-network-proxy-service-error/
Relevancy 63.21%

Has anyone seen this error before?

"The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in.
The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported."

I got the error when signing in with my normal non-Admin local account. I'd just updated to the latest set of patches from Microsoft, and apparently all had installed OK. I then logged in using my Admin-level account - again apparantly all OK - and shut down.

Then when I started the laptop again, I logged in with my non-Admin account and after I'd entered the password, it processed for longer than normal, and gave me this error (only option available ="OK") and took me out to the login screen.

However when I tried again it worked.

But I can't help wondering if something is still wrong...?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/24139-error-group-policy-client-service-failed-sign.html