Windows Support Forum

Touchpad not working, usb mouse does, touchpad never works even w/o usb mouse

Q: Touchpad not working, usb mouse does, touchpad never works even w/o usb mouse

Not really sure what genre this problem should be on. However i have recently purchased a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2727 notebook. Working fine when i got it but i decided to use a usb mouse instead of touchpad now the touchpad has stopped working entirely even when usb mouse id plugged out. i really want to resolve the problem. i have already gone onto control panal, mouse but the touchpad does not come up as a device. Any help appriciated thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Touchpad not working, usb mouse does, touchpad never works even w/o usb mouse

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Touchpad not working, usb mouse does, touchpad never works even w/o usb mouse

Hello Tristan,

Welcome to the forums.

Been a while since I had a laptop, but I seem to remember there being a setting on what to do with the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in. Unfortunately I don't remember where and have no way of finding it.

Have you tried rebooting with the mouse unplugged?

Sorry I can't be of more help. The manual for the laptop ought to have that info in it somewhere.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/200692-touchpad-not-working-usb-mouse-does-touchpad-never-works-even-w-o-usb-mouse.html
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi guys New here so I hope I'm not out of line asking for help and that I'm asking correctly I've exhausted my own ideas on this but the problem is driving me IN SANE THE ISSUE When using an external USB mouse with my ASUS Win laptop the mouse randomly lifts up and re-clicks while clicking or while dragging despite the button remaining consistently depressed resulting in selection of the wrong objects inadvertent double-clicks and incorrect dragging From what I can tell this affects only the left click and not the right WHAT I'VE TRIED Laptop touchpad - no problem Everything works fine with the built-in touchpad Another mouse - same problem These are wired mice so it's not a battery or connection issue Another USB port - same problem in all four There's no visible issue with the motion of the mouse cursor so it seems to be communicating OK via USB Safe Mode - no problem from what I can tell The wired USB mouse seems to click and drag as normal in Safe mouse. Mouse external Mode. OK. OK problem: Mouse Any Touchpad in Safe Mode Mouse Settings - no effect Adjusting the click double-click drag settings doesn't seem to change anything System Resources - no effect Clicking dragging seems to show the same results in the RAM CPU monitors whether I'm Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode. having the problem with the mouse or performing the same actions without the problem with the trackpad WHAT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT What Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode. haven't I ruled out What else could be causing the issue The problem came on suddenly after about a year but I can't pinpoint the moment because I didn't use an external mouse for a while maybe eight weeks and when I plugged it in again the problem had appeared In that time I don't think I had installed any new software or made significant voluntary changes to the PC As a designer illustrator it's frustrating to use the touchpad for detailed vector work so I'm pretty crippled by the loss of the external mouse Does anyone have any ideas at all about what I've overlooked Even a clever workaround would be really helpful if there is such a thing I'll be very grateful Thanks

A:Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode.

Hey mate, and welcome,

Possible problem:
1. Mouse itself is bad. Either the button itself or internally
2. Driver is not at its best

Try:
Going to the mouse manufacture website to download the most recent driver for your Windows 7, either 32 or 64 bit. If it doesn't work, try without any driver (so that windows driver takes over).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320378-mouse-problem-any-external-mouse-touchpad-ok-mouse-ok-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I am very inexperienced with a computer but mouse only touchpad Smart works not Gesture uninstalled and I now I use mine for social websites and news I updated to Win last week and had a lot of problems First the keyboard wouldn't work so I had to use my phone to go on forums to find out how people were fixing the issue I ended up uninstalling whatever keyboard was listed as I uninstalled touchpad and now only mouse works but not Smart Gesture ELAN under the hardware tab That fixed I uninstalled touchpad and now only mouse works but not Smart Gesture the issue Then my mouse was frozen so I followed similar steps on my own assuming I knew what I was doing I uninstalled touchpad and now only mouse works but not Smart Gesture I managed to get the mouse working with the same concept but the touchpad worked in reverse Two finger scroll down made the page go up and vice versa After a Windows update the issue remained so I decided to take matters into my own hands again I used additional mouse options as I previously had gt properties gt driver gt it gave me options one of which was the mouse one was the touchpad and I cannot remember the third I selected touchpad and clicked uninstall I figured since that's what I had done with the other issues it would work after the restart Well it doesn't I've tried repeating my steps and have clicked all the tabs available under the additional mouse options I've scoured many forums for this issue to no avail I just want Smart Gestures back I have an Asus U A and as mentioned I am using Windows -bit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586842/i-uninstalled-touchpad-and-now-only-mouse-works-but-not-smart-gesture/
Relevancy 84.63%

I recently had the top cover replaced because of damage done to it during a tuneup and cleaning. Now my right mouse key, on the touchpad does not respond. Using a wired mouse everything is normal. Is there a setting in Windows to correct this, or is it a ribbon not properly connected or similar problem? Thanks for any and all help. Glen

HP DV7 3173nr Win7 Ultimate 64bit

A:Touchpad right mouse key not working

If it just happened after somebody messed with it physically, then it's almost absolutely something they did to cause it. Take it back to the person/company and have them correct their error. Or somebody else who won't neglect to refasten everything properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186052-touchpad-right-mouse-key-not-working.html
Relevancy 84.63%

Have a Dell e6420, running Windows 7 pro.
Problem:
Mouse in Devices only has PS/2 Compatible mouse, installed automatically.
Touchpad is working, although there are no settings for it in the Mouse options. Impossible to increase sensitivity, and it's really slow. Attempted to download drivers from Dell website, tried touchpad drivers version 6, 7, and 11, none worked.
New mouse was installed, driver installed, Steelseries rival gaming mouse was recognized on the Steelseries application, but no response on screen, and error in the device manager. Indicates missing driver for Rival Gaming mouse. Auto-update doesn't produce anything but continues running, requiring shutdown through task manager.
I'm not sure where to look anymore, any advice would be appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990154
Relevancy 84.63%

I have an HP Elitebook that connects to a logitech usb mouse when attached to docking station. The touchpad on the keyboard moves the pointer, but the left and right mouse buttons do not work. There are two sets, one below touchpad and one above at the keys and neither work. The stylus buttons work and the usb mouse works, however without touchpad it is difficult to use when not docked. Could usb mouse install interfere with touchpad? Thank you for any help.

A:touchpad mouse not working

You should have softwarte to configure the touchpad, make sure everything is enabled.

Also check device manager and make sure the drivers appear to functioning normal. If everything looks OK try to find a newer version of the drivers for the tocuhpad and update those.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-not-working.918288/
Relevancy 83.7%

hi
just got my advent 5611 laptop back from a so called IT guy now my built in mouse/ touchpad is not working. Using a usb mouse i can get into control panel but it only shows the usb mouse any suggestions please ?x

Relevancy 83.7%

I left my laptop on while I went to watch the rest of the football on tv. After I came back, I couldn't move my cursor on the screen using my touch pad. I restarted it and it still didn't work. Then I shut it down properly, turned it on again, and it still didn't work.

I'm had to do everything using the keyboard and it's really time consuming. I can't work like this!

Why on earth has my touch pad suddenly stopped working and how do I fix it? Please help as I need this fixed urgently.

Thank you.

A:Mouse Touchpad not working!! Urgent!!

Most laptops have a way to enable/disable the touchpad using the Fn key. Try hitting Fn + some of your F keys, on Acer laptops it's F7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-touchpad-not-working-urgent.707734/
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi, I updated to Windows 10 yesterday. I thought my laptop was working OK after the update, but I've noticed that my mouse touchpad doesn't work at all after the update. I hit the F6 button to turn the touchpad off and on, and it still isn't working. Can you help? Thank you!

A:My Lenovo G50 Mouse Touchpad isn't working

Is someone going to get back to us with a fix for this problem?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/My-Lenovo-G50-Mouse-Touchpad-isn-t-working/td-p/2131843
Relevancy 83.7%

Hello, I've not long since upgraded to Windows 10 and everything was working fine at first.Now the touchpad doesn't work at all and the laptop isn't recognising my mouse when I plug it in. I also can't even see the location of the cursor on the screen. Any suggestions on how I can fix this without using a cursor? Cheers.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-171-Touchpad-and-Mouse-not-working/td-p/440099/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.7%

I recently gave vista the boot installed windows 7 on my Toshiba satellite A200-FT3 laptop. Everything went great however the touchpad doesn't seem to be functioning.

I've already installed the latest synaptic driver. The device manager even says that the device is 'working properly' however i can't get the pointer to move using the touchpad.

The 'Fn' functions work:
Fn+F7 to brighten
Fn+F6 to darken.

EXCEPT the touchpad: Fn+F9.

Does anybody have any ideas? =[

A:Touchpad Mouse driver not working

That is honestly something I have not experienced.
Did it work before you up installed the touch pad driver?
Have you checked all the setting making sure something funky didn't get clicked, by the ghost of vistas past?

Have you ran windows updates, after installing the drivers?
Have you tried uninstalling the driver then running win updates?

Are you getting tired of my questions?
If yes, Im done
If no, I can make some more up for you :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34637-touchpad-mouse-driver-not-working.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hello, fellow HP-ers! Hoping someone's expertise can assist me. I decided to clean out my fan by opening up my laptop keyboard. Unfortunately, I must've snagged a power strip or something because suddenly, the mouse stopped working. Does anyone know which power strip is for the mouse? Or if there's something to resecure in there? I've provided a photo for reference. Thanks in advance for the help!  - Mr. Horrible DIY-er

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-Mouse-Stopped-Working/td-p/5847604
Relevancy 83.7%

After having to re-install Windows 7 on my laptop I've found that the trackpad and associated mouse buttons are no longer working. The keyboard works fine.The touch screen works fine.When I inserted an external mouse, it automatically installed the driver and worked without issue.I installed the Synaptics TouchPad Driverbut that didn't make any difference. I also tried removing the battery, holding the power button for 30 seconds, re-instering the power cable (but not the battery) and booting up the latop.  It was working fine before the re-install so I can ssume i's not a hardware fault and if the keyboard works the interface cable is also working... Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and can suggest anything?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touchpad-and-mouse-buttons-not-working/td-p/5687999
Relevancy 82.77%

These do not work anymore and I get the error message Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware Code I've mouse, several Touchpad not working other and devices sound, looked it up and it appears I have to change my registry manually I'll post the hijack this log and if anyone could help that would be wonderful Thanks in advanceLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Touchpad mouse, sound, and several other devices not working Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Launch Manager LManager exeC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Users Josh Program Files DNA btdna exeC Windows System rundll exeC Acer Empowering Technology ENET ENMTRAY EXEC Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXEC Acer Empowering Technology ACER EMPOWERING FRAMEWORK SUPERVISOR EXEC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXEC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exeO - HKLM Run eDataSecurity Loader C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Acer Tour Reminder C Acer AcerTour Reminder exeO - HKLM Run Acer Product Registration quot C Program Files Acer Registrat... Read more

A:Touchpad mouse, sound, and several other devices not working

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209645/touchpad-mouse-sound-and-several-other-devices-not-working/
Relevancy 82.77%

I have a just over one year old (~14 months) Dell Inspiron 17 laptop with Win 8.1 (no touch) and of course it's out of warranty. The mouse simply stopped working, no cursor. I was able to use the touchpad but then that quit too in quick order.
I spent hours searching here and the interweb looking for possible fixes, so far no luck.
The worst of the issue is now I can't get past the splash screen to the login screen to access the repair/restore functions in Windows.
How do I access these when I can't even login to the computer?

A:Mouse stopped working, then touchpad, then keyboard

I called Dell and they want almost $300 to send it back so they can 'look at it'!
Any thoughts or suggestions to solve this issue?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69285-mouse-stopped-working-then-touchpad-then-keyboard.html
Relevancy 82.77%

I just reformatted the HDD on my girlfriends laptop and now the touchpad mouse is not working properly. The scroll wheel doesn't work and when scrolling down on a web page with the keyboard it goes step by step. Are their any settings that I need tochange to make it work right?

A:Laptop touchpad mouse is not working properly

Some touchpads require specific drivers installed. Did you install these from the manufacturer? This is the integrated one on the laptop not add-in devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-touchpad-mouse-is-not-working-properly.421227/
Relevancy 82.77%

Yesterday, when i installed the Kaspersky on my Compaq CQ40-619TU. It wasn't success, and then i don't know what happened my notebook restarted and the touchpad and usb mouse also just simply stop working.

When i check on the driver, it's still saying "This device is working properly".

PLS help me solve this problem.

A:touchpad and mouse stop working on my win7

Welcome!

Rest assured, if anyone posts in this thread, it will be to help you.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles.

Then try installing Kaspersky again. If the problem happens again, do another system restore, and install Microsoft Security Essentials instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83333-touchpad-mouse-stop-working-my-win7.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi, I have a strange problem with my inspiron Inspiron 15 (N5050). When I plugged in the AC charger, the touchpad / mouse does not work properly. Sometimes it moves and sometimes not eventhough I have moved and touched the touchpad. When I disconnect the AC charger, the touchpad works perfectly fine. Can anyone give me advise on this? thanks in advance

A:My mouse/touchpad is not working properly while charging

Hi suneel_zee.
Welcome to the Community,
Have you tried different power outlets? Does this happen in different locations(even outside you house/work)?
I would suggest you to release flea power.To release flea power disconnect AC adapter,remove battery,disconnect all external peripherals(USB devices),press and hold power button for 30 seconds.
Reconnect the battery and AC adapter.Check how touchpad responds with AC Adapter connected.
If the issue persists try a different AC adapter(may be borrow from some one who uses same watt Dell AC adapter).
Let me know how it goes.
Thank You

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19481178
Relevancy 82.77%

My touchpad stopped working after I had installed a usb mouse and an IR remote I searched numerous forums and tried a after installing mouse usb not Touchpad - one solution working everything out there with no success including the Touchpad not working after installing a usb mouse - one solution following tried the function key to turn touchpad on off the most obvious source of the problem tried reinstalling driver for touchpad from the manufacturer web site removed the usb mouse and rebooted went to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Mouse to enable touchpad - touchpad was no longer even listed There were no problems showing up in the Device Manager This all became a bit frustrating because I would have to reconnect the usb mouse to do any maneuvering around the system since the touchpad was not working to try something else I then tried the following removed the usb mouse turned off computer used ctrl alt del then tabbed to the shut down button turned computer back on The touchpad still did not work Without doing anything else and with the usb mouse still not connected I then turned the computer back off then on a second time - and the touchpad became functional I plugged the usb mouse back in and both worked again at the same time In the Control Panel Hardware and Sound Mouse - both the touchpad and mouse were now recognized Hope this helps out others with the same problem this seems to be a fairly common problem based on the number of postings around the web

A:Touchpad not working after installing a usb mouse - one solution

With MSI, try turning it on with Fn + F3

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109905-touchpad-not-working-after-installing-usb-mouse-one-solution.html
Relevancy 81.84%

my laptop mini touchpad stopped working after using an external usb mouse.
have downloaded new driver from hp and windows but nothing workd.
also on the mouse tabs synaptics ps2 pointing devise is in the hardware tab not not in the device settings tab .
have uninstalled software and drivers reinstalled still not working im sure it should be in the device settings box after u click on mouse properties.
how can i get it to appear in the devise settings again as im sure that is the prob...
all this after using external mouse PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 81.84%

Hi,

I have bought the Dell Inspiron 1545 in 2009 which it had Windows 7, then it stopped working for a long time after it has been fixed due to HDD problems and connectivity.
But now I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 yesterday and for some reason that my Touchpad/Mousepad has stopped working, so I am just wondering if it something to do with the drivers or the connections inside the laptop which it might be loose.
Does this laptop has an enabled/disable feature on the keyboard to lock the mousepad, which I might've accidently pressed which I can't find where it is on the keyboard.
Thanks!
Yours Sincerely,
Benjamin123

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 - Mouse/Touchpad not working

Hi, I am using this driver on my Inspiron 1545 ALPS Touchpad Driver Driver Details | Dell US. It works well.

Good luck, werty

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64191-dell-inspiron-1545-mouse-touchpad-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.84%

hey all, i'm typing from a keyboard-only laptop that i'm fixing for a friend. it's got a standard touchpad and mouse buttons, but they dpn't work. iver tried updating the drivers, uninstalling, etc to no avail. the driver status is always 'the device could not start' leading me to believe that the touchpad's hardware has burned out, but would this explain a USB mouse not working? it's a kensington USB mouse, and i dont know the model right now.. it has all supposedly worked before but now it doesnt. everything on the laptop seems to be in perfect working order... LCD screen, sound, wireless, speed, etc.it's a windows xp sp2 with pentium 4.
any help would be appreciated..
ram

A:Toshiba Satellite A45-S250 touchpad/mouse NOT working

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a45-s250-touchpad-mouse-not-working.360187/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi I was hoping someone here could maybe give me some insight to a problem that has just occured. Earlier today I was using my laptop and there wasn't any problems at all, but I have returned to the laptop now and find that the cursor is not responding to anything I do on the mousepad.

I also noticed that the symbol for internet connection is showing as if it has never been connected, with a red cross through it. I restarted the laptop in safe mode to see if this helped, and the cursor responded to my actions using the mousepad, however when I restarted the computer, this time in its normal state, the same problem reoccured.

Really hoping someone can give me some insight to the problem and a possible solution, first time this has happened

A:Mouse touchpad not working and loss of internet connection

On my Dell laptop, there is a key-combo that turns the mouse pad on and off.
(Fn + F5)

I can also turn the wireless radio on and off via a switch on the side of the laptop. Some laptops use keys for that, others use software and some have no easy way to turn off the wireless radio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/379285-mouse-touchpad-not-working-loss-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Troubleshooting a fairly new HP laptop Had been infected with a virus Cleaned it all up but was experiencing erratic mouse behavior The customer claimed the behavior started when he got hit with infection While the pointer itself moves fine the left and right mouse external Erratic HP behavior on mouse laptop or mouse with touchpad buttons intermittently act like they are being held down causing the pointer to drag and highlight everything in site At other times the buttons do nothing at all At other times the Erratic mouse behavior with external mouse or touchpad on HP laptop left mouse button triggers a rightclick menu And at other moments all Erratic mouse behavior with external mouse or touchpad on HP laptop mouse control is fine This occurs equally on the touchpad or when using an external USB mouse I tried disabling the touchpad completely but the problem still occurs when using the external mouse I tried updating the sypatics touchpad driver but that made no difference either I finally resorted to wiping and completely reinstalling windows but the problem still persists For the hell of it I then updated the BIOS firmware but that made no difference either All keyboard function work fine so I have been having to resort to using the arrow keys and alt tab and such to navigate around I ran a Passmark Burn in Test and everything passed A couple of additional points I ran the Hirens Boot CD which is similar to the Ultimate Boot CD I then booted into the Mini Windows XP and the same erratic mouse behavior occured so this is clearly not an operating system issue Also when I wiped and reloaded Windows I used the HP Recovery partition and ran their recovery operation Their recovery GUI also has mouse capability and I experienced the same erratic mouse behavior there Not sure where to go from here Seems to be some sort of motherboard issue Wanted some other opinions in case I am missing something Thanks in advance Adam

A:Erratic mouse behavior with external mouse or touchpad on HP laptop

Try a different mouse?

Uninstall, then replace...mouse/touchpad drivers?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498356/erratic-mouse-behavior-with-external-mouse-or-touchpad-on-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 80.91%

Well... Thats about it. My left click was working and then all of a sudden. BANG. stopped. Moving the mouse with the touchpad and using the mousepad to left click still works as does the right click button on the touchpad. Any solutions?

A:Left Mouse Click on Laptop Touchpad stopped working

I assume you have checked your settings in Control Panel > Mouse Properties?

It will save a lot of time if you can determine whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem.
Try this: Download a copy of UBUNTU. Put this on a USB stick. Boot from the USB stick and choose to Run The Program (you do not need to install it on your hard drive). Then check to see if the mousepad works OK in UBUNTU. If it does then it is a Windows/Software problem. If it doesn't then it is a defective mousepad.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu
How to create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335280-left-mouse-click-laptop-touchpad-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi,It appears I somehow deactivated my touchpad or something along those lines as my mouse pointer/cursor has completely disappeared? It was working fine yesterday, and I think the only thing that might have triggered this is that I accidentally pressed some keys (unsure of which ones, so I don't even know how to reverse it). I've tried restarting, as well as looked through some of the mouse/touchpad settings to no avail. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it (I'm currently relying on my fingers and the touchscreen which isn't as convenient)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Deactivated-TouchPad-Mouse-No-mouse-cursor-pointer/td-p/5826789
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi I have been posting to so many forums The thing is I can't format my machine it belongs to my company and I have already requested it to be reimaged and this is the rd time I ran the dell diagnostic test and I still can't find any error and that means I can't get Dell to replace my motherboard although I think something is wrong with my USB slower USB mouse touchpad's than mouse Its just that USB mouse slower than touchpad's mouse I notice that the windows desktop icon or any application seems to open faster when I use the touchpad to double click I actually just tap twice on the touchpad This is without the USB mouse connected However when I connect to the USB mouse all windows apps icons opens slowly It kinda like take longer and the notebook freezes for - second Its not smooth I have tried everything every single thing reinstalling the drivers and whatever and no error code with dell diagnostic how am I gonna get them to change the usb ports when there are no errors Please help

A:USB mouse slower than touchpad's mouse

Hi cally0611, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Have you tried the mouse on any other machine? Is the performance same on the other machine as well? does the mouse makes touchpad slow if plugged in any USB port?
Wheeww...lot of questions

You have updated the USB drivers. Try to update the drivers for USB mouse and check.

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/315471-usb-mouse-slower-than-touchpads-mouse.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello I cant seem to disable my touchpad.When I go to the Mouse properties, I dont have the 'device settings' tab please advise many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-TouchPad/td-p/5599240
Relevancy 101.05%

Troubles never end. Lenovo E545 the touchpad works, the mouse doesn't. I need it the other way around.

A:Touchpad and mouse

The touchpad on a Notebook/Netbook is the equivalent of a mouse. One can plug in a USB Wired or Wireless mouse then locate the feature to turn off the touchpad, either a switch, an Fn + other Fx key or a version of Windows can do it when a mouse is plugged in [Win10TP can]. A feature I look for on Notebooks is the Bluetooth Wireless, doesn't take up a USB port and can connect/pair various devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370499-touchpad-mouse.html
Relevancy 101.05%

hi all, first time posting so hope it reaches the right channels!! i have a pavilion dv7, and for some reason the touch pad mouse is not working and when i turn the laptop on there is no pointer even showing. when i plug an eternal mouse in it reappears and away we go. is there any driver update or solution know out there? other thing is when i google drivers etc it wants me to be more specific on the model of the dv7. it is not the entertainment book that i know of and was purchased roughly 4 years ago. Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/touchpad-for-mouse/td-p/5689974
Relevancy 101.05%

How do I change from using the mouse to using touchpad and can I use them both at the same time 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Mouse-to-Touchpad/td-p/5649069
Relevancy 101.05%

How do I change from using the mouse to using touchpad and can I use them both at the same time 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-to-Touchpad/td-p/5649069
Relevancy 100.19%

I have a hp laptop the touchpad pointing device is not responding properly. It does not move properly and moves itself. It is a symantics ps/2 port touch pad. can anyone help. I have tried to download HJT with no success.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-messing-up.773742/
Relevancy 100.19%

hii everyone I am using Lenovo Essential G s Laptop It came with DOS OS so i installed Windows x in it all the functions where working perfectly back then even my touchpad was working fine later i had a problem with my DVD writer so i took my laptop to the sevice center they fixed the issue but accedently broke my laptop's upper body part and hence they replaced it but since the upper body part comes with touchpad so had to change that too When i got my laptop back i found that multi gestures where not working so i reinstalled the drivers and i found that they were still not working I called Lenovo customer care they told me that its a problem of the OS so i even as Touchpad PS/2 recognized Mouse reinstalled windows but still did not find my touchpad working When i looked into the driver it appears that my system is recognizing Touchpad recognized as PS/2 Mouse it as a mouse and not as a touchpad I googled alot but found no result Can anyone plz help me I seriously neend those functions If not all then atleast scroll function

A:Touchpad recognized as PS/2 Mouse

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. This is possibly due to a Driver related problem .. Go to the Device Manager select Touch-pad right click on it select Property's then Details Tab .. Please post the Hardware ID ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338054-touchpad-recognized-ps-2-mouse.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Qosmio X505-Q887
Tried installing latest synaptics drivers but got a failed to install error.
Win8 drivers not listed on toshiba site.
Tried via Toshiba service centre but couldn't download this to install. Got message "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com"
Pad works but no edge or corner settings.
Tried updating drivers but windows thinks it is a OS/2 mouse & up to date.
Help

A:Touchpad seen as OS/2 mouse in Windows 8.1

OS/2 ???? Holly smokes !!!! That used to be an Operating system by IBM many years ago to be to be rival to MS windows. You surly meant PS2 .
Try here for that driver :
Qosmio X505-Q887 Support | Toshiba

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39912-touchpad-seen-os-2-mouse-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have a toshiba laptop , and im having problems with my touchpad . When i use my finger the pointer will not follow. But when i use the mood detector from synaptics pointing device it shows that it recognise my fingers exact movements . What can i do?

A:touchpad mouse is hardly moving

First try speeding up mouse in the Control Panel. If it doesn't work at top speed, then this solution won't work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/touchpad-mouse-is-hardly-moving-633673.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi, My mouse and my touchpad are not working.. Initially it was just the mouse, so I've tried this:- to install the drivers through the Device Manager (and it didn't work);- to do a diagnostic, through the Configure a device, under troubleshooting in control panel (where he uninstalled the driver and installed it again) - not only didn't work but it took my synaptics driver of the PC! From then on, my touchpad ceased to work... Meanwhile, I've tried to install again through the device manager and also by hand. Two different drivers (I think) - the latest one from synaptics website (PS2) and the latest one from lenovo website. I tried to install them separately and also in different orders, but still with no effect.. Here are some screenshots: ????  Please, help me. I really need to put this working! Thank you,Josť

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/My-mouse-and-touchpad-don-t-work-I-ve-tried-everything/td-p/3387809
Relevancy 100.19%

My touchpad mouse on my HP Elitebook suddenly stopped working. How do I fix this? I don't know if it is connected, but a little light has come on, top-right on the touch pad.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/touchpad-mouse-on-my-HP-Elitebook/td-p/5786298
Relevancy 100.19%

My mouse keeps freezing up on my laptop, product number 00179-60518-92668-AAOEMIt unfreezes after a few minutes but it gets very annoying! Any fixes please? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Mouse-freezes-up-touchpad/td-p/5638668
Relevancy 100.19%

The touchpad on my laptop stops working when I plug in the receiver for my wireless mouse. I have tried reinstalling the driver - received message that driver was already present. If I start the laptop with the receiver plugged in the touchpad doesn't work. If I start the laptop without the receiver, the touchpad works until I plug in the receiver. When the receiver is unplugged, the touchpad still doesn't work. I have checked the device driver and it indicates that everything is working properly (does it ever say anything else?). The icon for the touchpad shows in the system tray, but does nothing when clicked.

I'm so confused!

A:Touchpad and wireless mouse

Did you check through all the tabs, options, and settings for Mouse Properties in Control Panel? There may be something selected that disables the computer's touch pad when a USB mouse is attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-and-wireless-mouse.656061/
Relevancy 100.19%

After I installed windows 8. My laptop touchpad mouse start jump and the cursors move away.

A:touchpad mouse jumping

Hi Rose,

Poor you, it would seem that Win 8 has been a bad move for you. . .

Anyway have you made an attempt to see if you can update the software and drivers for the touch pad. Never liked them myself (not coordinated enough to use them), albeit sometimes that can be the problem when installing a new OS. Sometimes if just not the OS, but the lack of a proper driver (fault of touch pad manufacture).

Two things you can do:

1. See who the manufacture is and go to their web site to see if any are available.
2. Go to the site of the laptop manufacture and see if they have an update to the driver.

Good Luck. . .

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22546-touchpad-mouse-jumping.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Ok as some of you know I just bought a new MacBook Pro I ve been playing with it for the last couple of days and I think that while the touchpad thing is nice for some things I d really like to get a mouse I ve been thinking about getting one of the cheaper ones since I ll be moving around with this thing a lot it probably won t be used all of time in other words it might become a hassle to get the mouse out of the bag everytime I m in a new place After playing with it I have two questions Can you use the mouse and the touchpad simultaneously Like if I have the mouse hooked up can I use it to scroll up and down and then use the touchpad to scroll side to side What kind of mouse is recommended there are so many choices and variations that I don t know where to start or even if half of them will work on a Mac Should I get a wireless mouse Or a corded mouse and has anyone had much experience with the retractable cord mice nbsp

Relevancy 100.19%

Okay I just recently refreshed my computer by formating and reinstalling windows. Everything works fine but I hate the touchpad click. When I go to get rid of it my computer says that I have a mouse connected but no touchpad anyone know how I can fix this and get rid of this lame touchpad click? Does it have something to do with drivers that I lost in the reinstall?

Thank You

A:Mouse Touchpad cannot be found

LIQDSM said:

Okay I just recently refreshed my computer by formating and reinstalling windows. Everything works fine but I hate the touchpad click. When I go to get rid of it my computer says that I have a mouse connected but no touchpad anyone know how I can fix this and get rid of this lame touchpad click? Does it have something to do with drivers that I lost in the reinstall?

Thank YouClick to expand...

Go to your manufactures website and see if they have updated drivers for the touchpad, that should fix your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-touchpad-cannot-be-found.597183/
Relevancy 100.19%

After upgrading to windows 10. I am regretting on my decision because Win 10 is creating problems on my laptop regularly.Most of the times the mouse and touch pad just hang on after turning on.Somehow, i managed and solved it but it appears after some day.Please provide an appropiate update for drivers.

A:Problem with mouse and touchpad

ajay4414 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems with your mouse and touchpad since the Win10 Upgrade and wanted to help -- but need more information. I'm not able to locate any information using "BT102tu", so please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment. Since you did the Win10 upgrade, how long ago was that, and what was the prior OS?We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-with-mouse-and-touchpad/td-p/5608095
Relevancy 100.19%

I m thinking Mouse/touchpad failing that something very wrong is happening to my computer I have a Compaq Mouse/touchpad failing Presario xl notebook The mouse started acting up a couple of days ago In the vertical scrollbar it wouldn t scroll page by page it would just take off and scroll to the end of the page Whether I m in Outlook Express Explorer or MSWord the pointer will sometimes allow me to click to the place that I want other times it won t do anything I click to a place in a paragraph and suddenly it highlights everything When I do Ctrl Shift to highlight a few words it doesn t highlight what I want it to I m also noticing that the keyboard is acting strangely too I ll try to move up or down a page with the up down side side arrows and sometimes it doesn t work I ve tried adjusting the touchpad and pointer settings I ve also gone onto the Compaq site and downloaded the synaptics touchpad driver It seemed to work for about a half hour yesterday but now it s back to the same thing and getting worse I tried uninstalling the driver and installing it again but this time it didn t help at all I ve scanned my computer for viruses using McAfee VirusScan Online I ve scanned the disk and fixed errors I ve defragged I ve run SpyBot to get rid of unnecessary things Do any of you have any suggestions Is my computer in serious trouble Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 100.19%

I have two issues with my HP HDX 16.  First, the USB mouse won't work at all.  I've tried multiple USB ports, multiple mice (wired and wireless), and reinstalling drivers.  Can't seem to get any to work.  This, of course, wouldn't be an issue is my Touchpad was working.  However, the Touchpad Mouse works but the mouse keys underneath won't.  This makes the computer mostly functional, except when I need to right click (which is fairly frequently). Any suggestions to get one or both working again?  When I look in my device manager, neither a mouse NOR the Touchpad is listed as a device. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-HDX-Mouse-Touchpad-Issues/td-p/5803753
Relevancy 100.19%

The touchpad mouse on my Dell Latitude Laptop stopped. I replaced the touchpad, still doesn't work. Outside of the motherboard going bad, anything else I should explore?

A:Touchpad mouse quit

Did you go through the troubleshooter?
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1033230

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-quit.401471/
Relevancy 100.19%

I have a Dell Vostro with Windows 7
This is very frustrating!!!
HELP.

A:How do I disable the touchpad when using a mouse

Hi,
The enabling and disabling options for touchpad might differ in laptops. Hence, please provide the model number of the Vostro so that I can assist you better.
Meanwhile, follow the steps below to disable the touchpad:

Click Start.
In the Search box type main.cpl, click main.cpl in the list of programs. In Windows XP click Run, type main.cpl in the box next to Open, click OK.
Click the Dell Touchpad tab.
Click on the picture of the touchpad.
Click Device Select.
Click to check the box to the left of Disable Touchpad / Pointing Stick when external USB mouse is present to disable the touchpad. Uncheck the box to enable the touchpad.
Click Apply and click OK.

Please reply.
Thanks and RegardsPriyanka S#iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19473892
Relevancy 100.19%

Is there a way to disable the touch pad while using a plugged-in mouse? My previous Asus laptop did this automatically when it detected the mouse. Advice would be appreciated.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

A:Disable the Touchpad while using a mouse?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

What Lenovo model do you have and operating system installed?  Example Ideapad 100, Lenovo Z50..... Windows 8..... Windows 10.

If your laptop has the ability to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in, that option will be found in the settings / properties for the touchpad.  I have a couple of older Lenovo laptops using Windows 7 and 8 where the touchpad software / driver will allow disabling.  Where as my newer Lenovo laptops with Windows 10 does not have that feature.  The disabling is really dependent on the software / drivers for your model.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Disable-the-Touchpad-while-using-a-mouse/td-p/3335668
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello. My work purchased this laptop for me, it is a Dell Inspiron 15-3552. The touch pad is driving me crazy, it is almost impossible for me to type. I would like to disable it. However, there is absolutely NO tab for the touchpad in the mouse settings. None. I downloaded the driver for this touchpad, still nothing. I go to the device manager and there is no indication that there is a touchpad on this laptop. Yet, it works.
This is driving me absolutely nuts. Please help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992694
Relevancy 100.19%

i somehow locked the touch pad HELP

A:mouse touchpad is locked up

attach a USB Mouse What make and model laptop is it? Can you go into the Control Panel/Mouse and enable the Track Pad? Or go into the Setup Bios and enable the Trackpad.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-touchpad-is-locked-up-524758.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have two issues with my HP HDX 16.  First, the USB mouse won't work at all.  I've tried multiple USB ports, multiple mice (wired and wireless), and reinstalling drivers.  Can't seem to get any to work.  This, of course, wouldn't be an issue is my Touchpad was working.  However, the Touchpad Mouse works but the mouse keys underneath won't.  This makes the computer mostly functional, except when I need to right click (which is fairly frequently). Any suggestions to get one or both working again?  When I look in my device manager, neither a mouse NOR the Touchpad is listed as a device. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-HDX-Mouse-Touchpad-Issues/td-p/5803755
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way in OS8 to alter the mouse/touchpad sensitivity and speed as was possible in OS7 and Vista. I have a 17" laptop and it would massively help with movement around the screen.

Thank you.

A:Touchpad/mouse settings help.

Here's an HP tutorial for your review. Although not specific to your laptop, it should get you into the right area. Good luck.

Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad (Windows 8) | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32445-touchpad-mouse-settings-help.html
Relevancy 100.19%

This seems like a simple problem that can be easily fixed by maybe turning on some sort of setting. On my laptop, for some reason, the scroll function just stopped working. The mouse still works fine, by i can't scroll with it. I don't know if maybe it got turned off somehow?? I am running windows Vista and went into control panel>hardware and sound>mouse, but didn't see anything in there that could fix this. Anyone know why my scroll just stopped working, and how i can fix it? thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-not-scrolling.712584/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello everyone,

when I first upgraded to Windows 8, everything except the accelerometer was working perfectly. Now, weeks later all of a sudden my touchpad (synaptics) stopped working. I un- and reinstalled drivers, reset windows, reinstalled windows.. nothing worked. I checked in the driver settings, and it says it's working fine, but no input gets through.

Does anybody else experience similar issues? Or does anybody got an idea how I could solve this issue? My Acer Aspire 1825ptz might have a touchscreen as well, but using the desktop without a proper mouse is still a pain.
I uploaded my dxdiag, so you can have a look into my specs.

Thanks a lot for any ideas,

Cheers

A:Synaptics Touchpad/ Mouse disappeared

Try uninstalling touchpad driver in Device Manager, get the Acer Driver from here and re-install it.
Download
If that doesn't work, try the driver from Synaptics.
Drivers | Synaptics

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13449-synaptics-touchpad-mouse-disappeared.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have a Dell M1530 running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. My touchpad \ mouse has stopped working. The pointer just sits in the middle of the screen. I even tried to use a USB mouse, that didn't work either. I got the newest driver for it from Dell, installed it & still nothing. When I check for it in the Device Manager the Mouse \ Touchpad has a yellow ! on it. Checking the driver for it, it says windows can't load the driver cause it is corrupt or missing (code 39). I can barely navigate around on it! Please help me! I just want my mouse \ touchpad to work again! I don't want to have to do a complete reinstall, I'm not that smart & would probably mess it up.

A:Dell M1530 Touchpad / Mouse

Hi, Any issue with the Touchpad driver or hardware would have no connection to the USB mouse problem. The problem if both are not working sound like a windows issue.With the USB mouse plugged in does it show up the Device Manager? It should show up and load drivers that are provided by Windows. Have you tested the USB ports to see if anything else plugged into them is working?Have You tried System Restore to go back in Time to when the Mouse / Touchpad worked? System Restore should be accessed by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.Our Tutorial on using it is hereWindows Vista System Restore GuideIntroduction to System RestoreSystem Restore is a system recovery feature of Windows that creates snapshots, or restore points, of the state of your computer at various intervals or before you perform a certain task. These restore points can then be used to restore your computer back to the state it was in when they were taken. When these restore points are created, and restored, the only files affected are the Windows Registry, programs, and system files. Your data such as spreadsheets, documents, images, and music remain untouched between restores.You may be wondering why you would want to restore your computer to a previous point. The reason being that there comes a time in every computer user's life that they install a new program, install a new driver, or just turn on the computer and find it no longer works as it did the day before. You have no idea why, can't resolve the problems, and are left with two options. You can either backup your data, reinstall the operating system, and then reinstall all your applications or you can restore your computer to a previous snapshot in the hopes that the problems will now be gone. By using System Restore to restore your computer to a previously known working state you can save considerable time or money compared to reinstalling the entire computer.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469798/dell-m1530-touchpad-mouse/
Relevancy 98.9%

I have an Acer laptop model 7720, Windows XP Pro ,SP3. I also have an external USB connected mouse.

The pointer locks up sometimes right after boot up and begin to use computer, and sometimes I may use the computer for 30 or so minutes before it starts to lock up. The external mouse works perfectly well. Itís only the touchpad mouse that locks up intermittently. I have run CCleaner register cleaner, cache, cookies, etc, cleaner, Easy Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, and Spybot Search and Destroy. I have Nod 32 antivirus. I tried a System Restore. I did a driver update by going to Control Panel > mouse > etc. I have updated Firefox to 3.6.7 version. Nothing has resolved the problem.

Relevancy 98.9%

The orange light on the touchpad has appeared, still the mouse is working fine. Though technically the mouse stops working when there is a light on the touchpad. May I know the reason of this reverse behaviour, and also a solution.

A:There is a orange light on my hp touchpad, still the mouse i...

Hello, Please try and tap on that light twice, if its still the same , get into bios and restore bios to defaults

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/There-is-a-orange-light-on-my-hp-touchpad-still-the-mouse-is/td-p/5630770
Relevancy 98.9%

I purchased a bluetooth mouse yesterday for my Dell Studio 15 laptop. The problem/issue that I'm having is the primary mouse button. In order for my touchpad to allow the left mouse button be primary, I have to set the mouse properties in Vista to reverse the buttons. Then my bluetooth mouse buttons are reversed. This doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone know why this is happening?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-touchpad-behavior-problem-358807.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I was on the internet when my touchpad/ mouse suddenly stopped working and locked up. Although it will work on the initial screen after I turn the computer on (where I choose which user I am), once it loads to my icons the cursor locks. Any idea what would cause this?

A:Is there a virus that would infect my touchpad / mouse?

It is possible if the malware infected the drivers.Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all other options as they are set):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the Control Center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Select Scan Type" check the box for Complete Scan.If your computer is badly infected, be sure to check the box next to Enable Rescue Scan (Highly Infected Systems ONLY).Click the Scan your computer... button.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the scan log after reboot, launch SUPERAntiSpyware again.Click the View Scan Logs button at the bottom. This will open the Scanner Logs Window.Click on the log to highlight it and then click on View Selected Log to open it.Copy and paste the scan log results in your next reply.-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program. I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448714/is-there-a-virus-that-would-infect-my-touchpad-mouse/
Relevancy 98.9%

I have a P-50 C laptop and since I upgraded to Windows10, I have been having problems with my mouse. If the pointer accidentally touches any link, it clicks automatically, without my wanting it. It is particularly irritating when I just leave apage without wanting to, because the pointer was pointing in that direction. I don't know how to solve this issue. I am not an expert in computers and would like a simple remedy for this.
Thank you all out there in advance!
Sharada

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92084-Satellite-P50-C-Touchpad-mouse-issues
Relevancy 98.9%

I`ve got an Asus Z53E laptop that it`s about 2 years old.
This week I realized that my mouse touchpad cover is coming off, but looking underneath the cover I can`t see anything to be able to screw it back in. I`m guessing here that it`s glued to the laptop?
Any advice would be appreciated. If I Should glue it back together before the touchpad cover totally comes off, what kind of glue should I use?

This is what I mean by Touchpad cover. Just what is around the touchpad in my Asus, everything works fine at the moment, but this cover keeps the buttons protected, so it`s important.

Thanks in advance!!

A:Mouse touchpad cover coming off

Does anyone have any ideas?
For some reason this is a subject I haven`t been able to find the solution looking on Google, as a usually do. Just wanted to make sure I won`t spoilt my laptop putting some glue to stick this touchpad cover together.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292992-mouse-touchpad-cover-coming-off.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have a Dell with a touchpad mouse, and I disabled the tap feature on the touchpad, so that you have to actually left-click to get an action. But the touchtap feature seems to have reenabled itself, and it's driving me nuts, and now I can't remember how to disable it again.

I have Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperactive-dell-touchpad-mouse.251129/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi there!

I upgraded my above Notebook to Windows 10 early April this year.
So far no problem. Everything worked fine. Everything.
Early last week Microsoft installed automatically some updates. I hate them for this way of "support".
From that minute no scolling either with the touchpad nor with the original Toshiba mouse possible.
Microsoft is not able to resolve the problem.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Zaro.

PS: Pls apologize my poor english but I didn't use it so much for some years.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91964-No-Scrolling-with-Touchpad-and-Mouse-Satellite-Pro-R50-B-10L
Relevancy 98.9%

Pointer stays in centre of screen and does not react to Touchpad or wireless mouse I have uninstalled the Mouse physically disconnected it from the USB port and seen it not Pointer Mouse Touchpad or moving, go from the Device Manager in order to work first on the TouchPad I checked the TouchPad driver and it says it is up to date I uniinstalled it and watched it re-load the driver on a reboot Still no response to touchpad or touchpad buttons There have been no hardware changes or key events in the recent life of the Laptop which would make me suspect any loose connections or damaged Pointer not moving, Touchpad or Mouse components So assuming that the TouchPad is dead I reinstalled the Mouse and tried to get that working At first nothing at all but at one point I was getting some movement but nowhere near a usable interface for man and machine The damn pointer seemed to take delight in getting near to where I needed it to be and then refusing to get the last half an inch no matter how far I moved the Mouse The displayed movement was jerky and intermittent with stubborn refusal to move followed by warping to the other side of the screen I tried swapping the USB connector for the wireless mouse to a different port no change I checked the driver was up to date it is While it was still working I went to the configuration menus to adjust the speed tried a trail adjusted sensitivity hoping to find that something had been messed up that could be fixed No change I am very tired of seeing the Device Manager saying quot This Device is working properly quot The next thing this device will be doing is achieving escape velocity from my bedroom window along with the Laptop PC details Packard Bell EASYNOTE TN Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GB RAM -bit Operating System Vista Home Premium Service Pack Synaptics Touchpad Microsoft Mouse The PC is around years old has a great screen but wasn t used much until recently It hasn t done a lot and isn t worn out just might be a heap of junk I would be interested to hear any thoughts nbsp

A:Pointer not moving, Touchpad or Mouse

Further PC details;
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
Model 23 Stepping 10

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3430 256Mb

Motherboard: Packard Bell BV, Etna GM

AntiVirus: Virgin Media Security Antivirus, Updated and Enabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pointer-not-moving-touchpad-or-mouse.1069522/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello Guys, I really need your help very much more than any time.When I play Agar.io or any other game which needs using mouse and keyboad , I always lose, why? because I can't move the mouse and use the keyboad at the same tyme, and of course I tryed to make the smartsense at the minimum.. but nothing changed (look at the picture) and I think that many people are angry at this moment and look at a solution... I will be thankful for you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-move-The-mouse-when-Typing-in-TouchPad/td-p/5665564
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi guys nbsp I wonder if there are any solutions for the following problem I am having with my touchpad nbsp The touchpad mouse is imprecise So when you move it to a precise position for example TOUCHPAD MOUSE HP 17 PROBLEM ENVY trying to close a page by pressing the X on any Windows program the mouse moves AS SOON AS YOU LIFT YOUR FINGER OFF THE TOUCHPAD So naturally when you press the touchpad to confirm your action you actually press something else This HP ENVY 17 TOUCHPAD MOUSE PROBLEM happens about of the time So there are many times when you think you are selecting an icon or pressing a button and when you lift your finger from the touchpad the mouse arrow moves about cm HP ENVY 17 TOUCHPAD MOUSE PROBLEM on the screen I have tried downgrading the Synaptics touchpad driver to an older version which doesn't solve the problem I have even tried to remove the driver completely which results in the right-click button being totally disabled nbsp Please help as this is a really basic requirement for any touchpad I am currently a little disappointed as this is the most expensive laptop i have ever purchased The touchpad imagepad has many functions but the simple ability to be unable to point to exactly where you need to of the time is making this almost unusable nbsp Notebook details HP Envy - Windows - Core i - MQ - GB - Bit - HD Touchscreen - LeapMotion nbsp Purchased December nbsp I look forward to your help guys Thank you

A:HP ENVY 17 TOUCHPAD MOUSE PROBLEM

Hi Supak, sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Touch Pad on your notebook. I do appreciate that you listed information about your notebook, however I will need to know the exact model number that is listed on the bottom of the computer under the battery on a white sticker. It will look something like " Envy 17-3000" series.  Please write back at your convenience and I will be happy to help.

Thank you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-17-TOUCHPAD-MOUSE-PROBLEM/td-p/3338837
Relevancy 98.9%

I am using a keyboard w/touchpad (Adesso ACK-730UB), which is plug + play, no mfg. driver provided.

I want to disable the "tap to click", use pad for moving cursor and nothing else.

There's nothing in Mouse Properties that can change this touchpad setting.
Properties shows "hid-compliant mouse" and nothing specific to touchpad. Options are "buttons/ pointer/ pointer options/ wheel/ hardware".

Searching, found suggestions to install drivers by Ultranav and Synaptics. Thought it might work even though I'm using a different touchpad - didn't help. There's nothing on Adresso's site for this either.

Any ideas if this can be fixed? Lots of people seem to hate "tap to click", but I'm stuck with hardware that seems unsupported. Must be a workaround somewhere, no?

Thanks.

A:Touchpad too sensitive - mouse properties no help

More: Adesso keyboard uses a GlidePoint touchpad by Cirque. Tried a couple of their drivers, but they are not recognized ("There are no devices available to configure").

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333218-touchpad-too-sensitive-mouse-properties-no-help.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have recently visited a visually impaired person who has had their laptop touchpad mouse physically disabled. Prior to this the sound was OK however now there is no sound which is absolutle necessary for their speech software. Getting message no volume etc however driver seems to still be installed. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabled-touchpad-mouse-now-no-sound.750373/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop. Toshiba Satellite L50 B 1P1. In the last week, the laptop has developed a problem. The mouse performs incredibly inconsistently. On the lock screen, it will work without fault. However, as soon as the computer is unlocked, it sometimes just freezes in a set position. Both keys still work, and i know that the pad isn't at fault, as when spreading my finger over the pad, it selects icons in an up/down selection. The icon size can also be changed with a pitch, but the position will not change.

The resolutions i have attempted such as power on off, function keys, the FN trip and F5/F9 boot were all unsuccessful. However,when updating the driver, the mouse works. However (once bloody more!), when asked to restart the notebook, once restarted the mouse resumes said problems.

Any help welcomed....

Hope I got my point across.

Thanks,

SR

A:Touchpad/Mouse issue (Not Hardware)

Driver issue, but if the mouse is freezing, it is a hardware issue. Take it back or send it to Toshiba. I use a Logitech m525 laser mouse, because my hand cramps when I use the touchpad all of the time, due to Arthritis.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60411-touchpad-mouse-issue-not-hardware.html
Relevancy 98.9%

My BT mouse (microsoft presenter mouse 8000) will connect to my laptops built in bluetooth dongle just fine, and it works just fine, but the problem begins when i try to scroll.... The issue is this, I have the scroll wheel set to move one line of text per scroll in the control panel. That works absolutely fine with my touch pad, but my BT mouse it barely moves at all. I have to set it to AT LEAST 25 to get it to work the way i would like it to. So my question is... is there any way to make it so when i pair my BT mouse it automatically changes to 25? or even have a whole different setting when the BT mouse pairs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-bt-mouse-and-touchpad-on-laptop.704853/
Relevancy 98.9%

not sure if this is the right place to ask.
Just had found a thread were similar, but different problems were discussed.
Laptop KBD and Touchpad  + USB KBD dead - but USB mouse OK
WIn7 home premium SP1
Devicemanager shows yellow triangle mark at:
- Synaptics PS/2 Por tTouchpad
- HID Keyboard (my ext. USB-KBD)
- StandardKBD (PS/2)  - seems to be the internal KBD
I tried a reinstall of drivers from backup partition  - :-((
KBD seems not physically dead - on boot screen it works,
but not on login screen any more

I really do not  want to do a full reset/restore and reinstall everything ...

so all help very welcome
thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81244960-cf0d-4857-899f-6fa2e5ded5ec/laptop-kbd-and-touchpad-usb-kbd-dead-but-usb-mouse-ok?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 98.9%

Have a own. its jumping all touchpad and and Mouse over clicking on Panasonic laptop that s touchpad started going nuts jumping around and right clicking itself It works fine in safe mode and Mouse and touchpad jumping all over and clicking on its own. for a while I could operate the Mouse and touchpad jumping all over and clicking on its own. laptop just fine by leaving the touchpad disabled in the bios and using an external mouse while I tried to fix this problem but now the external mouse is doing the same thing Still runs in safe mode but you cant do anything in regular mode because of all the random clicking everywhere I had ran two different Virus scanners Clam and Avast hijack this checked everything and there s nothing but had to be in safe mode to run hijack and used system restore to go back a month before the problem ever started I managed the virus scans in regular mode It would be horribly hard to set all the software needed back on to this laptop if I have to wipe it so I m trying to avoid that It s a laptop installed into the firetruck we run out of Any ideas Because you ll be asking for them here s pics I managed to take of Hijack this in regular boot mode It s all I could manage with the mouse probs going on and took forever just to get the program up and going nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-touchpad-jumping-all-over-and-clicking-on-its-own.919774/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,

I recently used a projector that plugged into my computer. Once I got the projector to work, my touchpad mouse on my laptop stoppd working, but I didn't think anything of it and just plugged in a wireless mouse with USB and my mouse worked again.

Now, I can't figure out how to get my touchpad working again, so I am thinking it is just a simple enable/disable option.

Help?

Thanks.

A:How to enable/disable touchpad mouse?

manufacturer of the laptop please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-enable-disable-touchpad-mouse-323358.html
Relevancy 98.9%

My fiancee's Dell Vostro 1000 seems to be having an odd mouse tracking problem that's cropped up recently. Every now and then, the pointer will suddenly jump to the Close button at the top of the window-- she's closed several windows unintentionally by clicking without noticing that her pointer wasn't where she thought it was.

She's running Windows XP on her laptop, either Service Pack 2 or 3... I don't remember if we updated it or not. Has anyone heard of an issue like this? I remember a while back that an old Thinkpad model, the R31, had issues like this when the computer tried to check the battery status every 30 seconds, that would cause the pointer to jump around erratically, but I'm not sure if this is something similar or what.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-mouse-touchpad-tracking-issue-306894.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello, I've just taken a win Vista laptop back to factory settings, but now find that the mouse and trackpad are working intermittently, anyone have any ideas for a fix?
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-and-mouse-trouble-after-re-install.1012127/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello Before everything sorry for my bad english language nbsp nbsp Today i got a new labtob ideapad i core nbsp My problem in touchpad mouse click nbsp everything work fine but touchpad mouse click not always clicking Example Now i'm open any window or need to open anything like recycle bin now i must click two times to open it ok The problem is sometimes i must click again because no thing happens touchpad mouse click clicking not always nbsp The problem is sometimes some clickes not happens and i must click again to open or close anthing nbsp i update my windows to last verstion and also update all drives nbsp now i just need to know this problem from my labtob i must restore it or i can solved this problem change windows or something like this nbsp i touchpad mouse click not always clicking try to use external mouse and the result is everything work normal nbsp i don't have any other problem in touchpad this's only nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:touchpad mouse click not always clicking

Rememper: Touchpad buttons works fine left and right buttons works fine, My problem when i click useing touchpad not when i use touchpad buttons

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/touchpad-mouse-click-not-always-clicking/td-p/3336772
Relevancy 98.9%

So today i installed the drivers for my razer deathaddder mouse on my laptop. The installation went fine, but the problem is it seems to have taken over or just messed up the configuration for my touchpad. After installing, the touchpad moved really slowly even though i hadn't changed any settings, and the acceleration had turned off.

I decided to uninstall the drivers to reverse the problem, but it didn't change. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad drivers (latest synaptics drivers, same ones i had installed before), but this didn't solve anything either. I've tried fiddling around with the mouse settings but everything is configured the way it was before, it's just not the same.

I want my touchpad to go back to the way it was. Is there any way to get all the mouse settings back to the way they were when i installed windows or something like that?

Thanks.

Relevancy 98.9%

In the middle of boot up my touchpad mouse Disabled Touchpad Mouse boot after up stops working I can Touchpad Mouse Disabled after boot up go in to the settings and enable it but when I restart the computer or turn it off and back on it is disabled again Here is my Touchpad Mouse Disabled after boot up HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system PersistenceThread exe C Program Files Asus LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ASUS EeePC Super Hybrid Engine SuperHybridEngine exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http asus msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AsusACPIServer C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exe O - HKLM Run AsusEPCMonitor C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe nogui O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run PersistenceThread C WINDOWS system PersistenceThread exe O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run LiveUpdate C Program Files Asus LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe auto O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-disabled-after-boot-up.902525/
Relevancy 98.9%

I hope someone can help. I can't find a solution to this problem. Basically the touchpad is not working correctly. It can be fine then all of a sudden it will start clicking by itself. It will select anything i happen to go over. When on the desktop it draws selection boxes as I move across the screen. I tried using a usb mouse but this happens with it too. If anyone has any ideas please help as this is so annoying. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-clicking-eratically.767562/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello This is my first post and I hope i'm not just repeating an age old question but i can't seem to find anything on how to fix this Synaptic as mouse Recognized ps/2 Touchpad I just changed my AR e's OS to Win bit Pro and I had no idea of the issues I was getting in to Sony does not offer any drivers for win or and only offers vista I've tried updating and working magic but cannot end up with any drivers that will work Synaptic Touchpad Recognized as ps/2 mouse properly with my touchpad Windows sees it as a ps compatible mouse but not a touchpad in particular It works but cannot scroll and I cannot edit any options Trying to go through sony was awful but I managed to get them to remote to my lappy and they ended up saying it was a corrupted registry entry that was preventing windows from using any driver or software I'm not a genius with everything windows but I'm pretty savvy with computers I cannot find any info on how to fix this registry problem mostly because i have no idea where the corruption is but if someone has any idea I'd be more than willing to try anything I've tried the bit driver from sony says incorrect windows type or it installs and does nothing i've been doing this too long to remember and i've tried synaptic's driver for bit win and it made my keyboard stop working and also did nothing minus the aforementioned keyboard problem which was fixed with a restore point

A:Synaptic Touchpad Recognized as ps/2 mouse

Welcome to Seven Forums.
This is why Windows issued their Windows Seven Upgrade Advisor Free Download PC Upgrade Advisor Windows 7 Hardware Programs Issues

I know it's a little bit late for it but switching from a 32bit system to a 64bit system without doing some research is why we're in this pickle.
Plus you really only have enough Ram to fully appreciate a 32 bit Os you need More to get the benefits of the 64bit.

Here's one thing to try go to device manager>click on the device>properties>details tab>drop down menu>select hardware id>Copy and Paste the hardware id string and we see if we can find a compatible Alps or Snyaptics driver for your laptop.
Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140620-synaptic-touchpad-recognized-ps-2-mouse.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi all,

Couple of issues relating to touchpad on my mouse. Initially my touchpad broke, as it only worked on occasion, including cursor disappearing and buttons not working.

I bought a mouse to override the touchpad issue and now the mouse is having problems. With the last two I've used, when using the scroll wheel, it disables the mouse. You can only use it again by using the scroll wheel. The mouse I'm currently using worked fine for a few days before developing this issue. It's really frustrating!

Any tips to fix both mouse and touchpad would be appreciated. Using Windows 7.

Cheers

A:Laptop touchpad and mouse issue

Hello olipoole and Welcome to PCHF

Can you physically disconnect the touchpad?
Find your Notebook's Maintenance and Service Guide (or the equivalent name for Toshiba) and do it.
What Notebook exactly are we talking about here?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126144-laptop-touchpad-mouse-issue.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Problems: This moring after booting up and login to my win8 computer i notice the touch pad with mouse were lagging. Also
i tried to download several software from the web but download icon "Ok" to direct the file location would not light up but stayed shaded. So I could not download the file.

Also at times the I could not minimize with a click in the corner the webpage with mouse or touchpad.

Cursor at time seems stuck.

Laptop is ASUS F550LA-SS71 15.6, i7 intel, Win8.1 64 bit

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64284-problems-mouse-touchpad-not-downloading-min.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello Guys, I really need your help very much more than any time.When I play Agar.io or any other game which needs using mouse and keyboad , I always lose, why? because I can't move the mouse and use the keyboad at the same tyme, and of course I tryed to make the smartsense at the minimum.. but nothing changed (look at the picture) and I think that many people are angry at this moment and look at a solution... I will be thankful for you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-move-The-mouse-when-Typing-in-TouchPad/td-p/5665564
Relevancy 98.9%

had disabled touch pad on my toshiba satellite whilst using windows vista,upgraded it to windows 7,then touchpad no longer works even though windows 7 recognizes it as enabled and working properly.how shall i fix it ?Please Assist,

A:toshiba satellite touchpad (mouse)

Select your model info here..........
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Download
Then check for a touchpad driver,download and install it.
Probably a synaptic touchpad driver.
The laptop model should be on the bottom of the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-touchpad-mouse.945406/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello I am very frustrated and angry My left mouse button keeps malfunctioning stops working intermittently I click it and nothing Then several minutes later it will work again My cursor jumps around the page so in the middle of typing it screws up The scroll keeps locking if I try to use the touchpad to move the cursor around the screen the scroll is Please! Problems! Button TouchPad/Mouse HELP & Touchscreen locked and the page scrolls fast and randomly highlights everything If that wasn't annoying enough when I try to close tabs in a browser Chrome or IE the tab is locked and won't close my mouse cursor just drag it around and I can't unlock If all that wasn't annoying enough my touch screen is not working properly either I touch the screen and nothing and then occassionally it decides to work TouchPad/Mouse Button & Touchscreen Problems! HELP Please! but does crazy stuff like bringing up the on screen keyboard and when I try to click the x to close it by touching it or using the cursor and mouse nothing and TouchPad/Mouse Button & Touchscreen Problems! HELP Please! after clicks if I am lucky it will finally respond and close I noticed this starting a few days ago after downloading windows I was running with not trouble but missed having a desktop TouchPad/Mouse Button & Touchscreen Problems! HELP Please! and windows features so I thought would be better Initially I called Dell who unistalled and reinstalled all drivers for the touchpad mouse and for the touchscreen No luck Dell says it may be a software compatibility issue but can't fix it remotely I was offered to send in my pc which they would need to have for days i cant be without for that long as I need it for work I was planning to use my husbands old dell windows pc and guess what his is now doing the same damn thing left mouse button not working scroll turning on and locking up by itself and cursor jumping all around real fun while trying to type this I have dell laptops one new with windows and one old with windows ran virus complete scans and both are clean PLEASE HELP

A:TouchPad/Mouse Button & Touchscreen Problems! HELP Please!

Hey,

It sounds like you may need to update your driver for your mouse. 

Do you know the make and model of your mouse?

Thanks,

Darktune

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529639/touchpadmouse-button-touchscreen-problems-help-please/
Relevancy 98.04%

Because the ELAN touchpad was over-senitive (cursor jumped about), I installed an external mouse. I checked the box on the ElAN tab of the mouse device page and pressed the Apply button and it all worked beautifully. The cursors didn't jump about, just responded to the external mouse.But every time I restart my laptop, I have to go through the process again, as follows:1. Start> Device and Printers > Left-click on laptop and choose Mouse settings2. Choose ELAN. Uncheck above-described box and press Apply.3. Check above-described box and press Apply.4. Close these windows and continue.This it too much to go through. Any solutions?

A:ELAN touchpad not disabled when external mouse is ...

Hi lloyde1200,

You can check the users guide for your Acer product, nearly all have a shortcut to enable/disable the touchpad. If you have trouble, provide us with your model and lets see how we can help.
Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/ELAN-touchpad-not-disabled-when-external-mouse-is-added-and/td-p/362839
Relevancy 98.04%

No option to disable your Synaptics Touchpad when you plugin a USB mouse? The function is there but is disabled in the registry. Click the link and scroll down to message #9. Make the change, reboot and the auto disable works immediately if you have a USB mouse plugged in. Making the change in HKLM didn't work for me but HKCU did the trick. Navigate to the Synaptics settings page and the option to disable is now there. No credit due here, just passing it on to help others.

NP8662 - Auto-deactivate touchpad (scroll down to message #9)

A:Synaptics Touchpad - Auto disable with USB mouse

Thanks I never knew that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/149723-synaptics-touchpad-auto-disable-usb-mouse.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello. I wonder if there are any solutions for the following problem I am having with my touchpad. The touchpad mouse is extremly glitchy Please help, as this is a really basic requirement for any touchpad. I am currently a little disappointed as this is the most expensive laptop i have ever purchased. The touchpad/ imagepad has many functions, but the simple ability to be unable to point to exactly where you need to 20% of the time, is making this almost unusable. Notebook details: HP Envy 17 - Windows 7 - Model - 17-3270NR I look forward to your help guys! Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-17-TRACKPAD-TOUCHPAD-MOUSE-PROBLEM/td-p/5739298