Windows Support Forum

CD burning won't work

Q: CD burning won't work

I have 2 Dvd burners on my computer 1 Internal and 1 External Dvd burner. I am trying to burn cds through Windows Media Player 10. The Internal Drive is an LG it came with my Dell computer and the External drive is an Iomega Usb. If I add 3 songs to download and click on start burn it prepares the music and starts the burning process but when it is finalizing the first song I get an Error saying Windows Media Player is unable to Finish burn process.

I work with computers so I brought the Burners to work and hooked them up to a different computer and they work just fine and burn Audio CD's. Not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have Window XP Professional with 512MB RAM.

Pentium 4 Processor

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CD burning won't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CD burning won't work

Install XP's SP3 update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-wont-work.114781/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm running WINDOWS XP (SP 3) and purchased an NCH Brand DVD Express Burner (Version 4.42). It worked for awhile, but does'nt any more. I then downloaded a free Trial Program with the same results.

The Program goes through it's rigmarole, then at the end a Message appears :

UNKNOWN SCSI ACCESS ERROR - CLOSE TRACK/SESSION.

There are Forums on the NCH Website, but no more Posts are allowed.

I then contacted NCH, who were'nt very helpful, stating the Connections and Drive should be checked.

Can anyone please advise me on what to do.

NCH Products are easy to use, but there's little support for paid consumers.

A:Nch burning program won't work.

It would help if you told us what was wrong with it. Do you always get that message? With both CD's and DVD's? Have you tried both? Did you follow their instructions?

Does it read CD's? DVD's? Have you checked all the program's settings? The cable and power supply? Tried another burning program like InfraRecorder?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nch-burning-program-wont-work.1051651/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit and everything on it works fine. Or well, not everything lol. I can't seem to get any burning software to work :s I tried installing Nero, but it gave me a message that "another program has just been updated, so you need to restart" (or something like that). I restart and it says it again. I tried installing CDBurnerXP and it installed fine, but when I start the program, nothing happens. Program don't open or anything. I then tried installing Starburn and it also installed just fine, but when I click on Data Burning Wizard, it shows up that it's trying to find CD/DVD burners, and it keeps searching forever (or well, I waited 30 minutes and then manually shutdown the program).

Anyone know why I can't get any burning software to work ?

-Ronnie

A:Can't get any burning software to work

Welcome to VistaX64.

1. What make and model CD/DVD drive do you have? Please be specific.
2. Please look at your device manager to see if there is a question mark or exclamation point by this drive.
3. Can you read CDs AND DVDs on your drive?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/246961-cant-get-any-burning-software-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Until recently I ve had no problems backing up burning DVD Suddenly work won't DVDs by ripping them Suddenly DVD burning won't work onto my hard drive then burning them onto a DVD For some reason I can t work out suddenly I just can t burn anymore I m not sure if it s a problem with software Suddenly DVD burning won't work or hardware so I d appreciate any help anyone can give me When I m ripping the movies I use DVD Shrink I ve downloaded and installed the latest version but this hasn t helped To burn them Suddenly DVD burning won't work onto a DVD I have a DVD R and DVD-R the DVD-R has been dragged out of quot retirement quot to see if it was a hardware problem I m using Nero I don t want to have to purchase Nero unless it s a guaranteed fix for this problem mainly because I m more than happy with Nero As far as I can tell DVD Shrink continues to rip the movies onto my hard drive without a problem All the files appear to be there when I open Nero and drag drop them into the video folder to burn onto a DVD The problem starts when Nero is burning or in this case NOT burning It starts okay says that the file caching is going fine gets to just enough to quot ruin quot a DVD sigh and then spits out a message telling me the burning failed This has so frustrated me for the past couple of weeks has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix please I ve uninstalled both Nero and DVD Shrink and reinstalled to no avail I ve had hubby swap my newer DVD R for my older DVD-R thinking it was a hardware problem but that didn t help either I now have BOTH DVD burning drives in my computer and STILL nothing will work Can anyone help please nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I'm in the process of putting a new mobo and processor in. Nothing fancy since I don't do anything fancy other than run Photoshop, Paintshop Pro and some dvd burning software at certain points. I have a really tight budget so here is what I will have in it:

Seagate Barracuda ATA 80GB
Radeon 7500 64mb video
Kingston 256mb memory ( until I can get more later on )
ASUS P5GPL Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915PL ATX Intel
P4 530J Prescott 800MHz LGA 775 3.0GHZ w/HT
400W PSU
Lite-ON 8x Dual Layer (+/-) DVDRW

Also can someone suggest a good TV Tuner?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have been trying to burn files to CD movies songs documents etc using both Nero v and the regular windows XP drag and drop method The first couple months everything seemed to work fine but now only approximately out of every CD-R s i try to burn end up all botched they read as empty retrying burning has no effect The Log at the toubles, burning at most CD work 1/3 end of my burning session sometimes reads CD burning toubles, 1/3 work at most quot Burning Sucessful quot and sometimes it says quot could not perform fixation or endsession quot either way work regardless of the final burning log To make matters worse times or CD burning toubles, 1/3 work at most so when i reinject the cdr into my drive to see if it actually worked or not and to check the integrity and quality then try to eject it when its empty my cd drive will spin as fast as it can the light on the drive blinks and i have to use the emergency eject hole paperclip to get it out but when i do the drive continues to spin and is unusable until I reboot Now my question is is this normal behavior for a cd burner on a laptop Is this due to the cheap memorex mb CD-R disks I am buying on sale Is this perhaps a driver issue Do other people have similar problems and finally did I include the necessary data for some guru to ascertain what the problem is Thanks in advance for any help b SYSTEM SPECS Presario DC A Windows XP Home Edition Version AuthenticAMD Mhz MB RAM GB Memory RADEON IGP MB Conexant AC-Link Audio QSI CDRW DVD SBW- nbsp

A:CD burning toubles, 1/3 work at most

Have you tried setting your ultra buffer up? It is in file/preferances. You can set yours to max at 80 meg since you have 512 meg of memory. You may also want to see if you can update, or possibly reinstall the firmware from the drives manufactuers site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-toubles-1-3-work-at-most.210532/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

Where to begin a while back i got maybe 1 ruined dvd from burning but now evry dvd that i try burning doesn work.

Thot that maybe its a sofware problem so i used CDBurnerXP v4 3 7 and it doesn work. The error report sayed somthing about that this usualy happens if a dvd is poor quality. Nerro say's that there is an error when checking the data. I use the check if the compilation is burned option.

So im thinking that my dvd burner is broken. On a nother note i can read dvd,cd's normaly.

I shuld mention that some times when i burn the burner is making strange voices hard to explain.

In the pictures you can see what the program CDBurnerXP v4 3 7 say's about my recorder .

So bassicaly what do you think its wrong ? is there any way to test it ?

Thank you all!

A:Burning DVD's doesnt work.

Some times when i burn the burner is making strange voices, are yolu sure the strange voices are not in your head

Just joking, does the noise sound like the disk spinning up or more like the sounds of a hard drive head going crazy over a bad sector on the hard drive?

Some noise is ok but if it is making more noise then what it had in the past then something is probably going bad with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/203892-burning-dvds-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Recently I thought my BR burner was going out so I went out and purchased an Asus BW- D HT I came home and installed it but the same s So I decided to re install the software but to no a vale My computer had been acting up for awhile I thought something in the registry had been corrupted somehow so I went ahead and re installed the OS After everything the same thing is still happening All of the burning software are behaving the same ROXIO Creator Pro Clone DVD DVDFab the copy process works fine on all of them but then they idle for about mins before the actual writing process begins and when I cancel the programs freeze and the media can't be ejected and this goes on forever unless I reboot What can it possibly be PLEASE HELP Oh BTW the first symptoms were the old burner wouldn't read or play my discs Computer Info OS Windows Ultimate Processor AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz Installed Memory GB System Type -bit Operating System Hard Drive Western Digital Internal TB HD Blu-Ray Writer Asus BW- D HT

A:My Burning Softwares Don't Work

Did you replace the data cable along with the new optical drive? If you have a spare one you can check this out. Many doesn't contain a new cable, but it's good to replace it when changing drives.

I don't have, nor have I used a Blu-Ray drive, so I can't speak as to how fast it's supposed to tun, however that sounds like a long time.

Cat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532313/my-burning-softwares-dont-work/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am a newbie, any help would be appreciated.

A:What is the best DVD Burning Software to work with Windows XP?

Hi Ladies Man74 and welcome to TSF !

I'm a big fan of ImgBurn (and it's a freeware) :
http://www.imgburn.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-is-the-best-dvd-burning-software-to-work-with-windows-xp-327425.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I've got a SATA LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L DVD burner.

When I try to burn a DVD with WIN7 "send to ..." it always asks to insert a blank disc, even when it's already blank.

Nero essential has no problem. Anyone see this? I guess I'm off to look for a fw update.
THanks

A:Native DVD burning doesn't work

I have same model but all works fine...
My suggestions: 1. stick with nero; 2. do a fw update

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/21726-native-dvd-burning-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hey ive been getting this weird problem with my burning software I use nero and i can burn cds if i ripp right???? software wont MY PC HELP work burning them to my pc but to burn disk to disk it tells me their is not enough MY PC burning software wont work right???? HELP space on the cd and memory on pc ive never MY PC burning software wont work right???? HELP got this before so i have no clue what it could be thanks for MY PC burning software wont work right???? HELP all the help people Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C COMPAQ ACLIENT ACLIENT exe C PROGRA F-Secure BackWeb Program SERVIC EXE C WINNT Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus FSGK EXE C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fssm exe C Program Files Compaq LCRMS LCRMS EXE C Program Files F-Secure BackWeb Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINNT System NMSSvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FSMA EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FSMB EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FCH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FNRB EXE C Program Files F-Secure Common FIH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsav exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Elaborate Bytes DVD Region Killer RegKillTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINNT system smuodwvw exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files F-Secure Common FSM EXE C WINNT system RUNDLL exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www freeserve com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http http www-cache freeserve com ftp http www-cache freeserve com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - DE E - - D - B - E C FAF - C WINNT browserhelper dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run RegKillElbyCheck quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes DVD Region Killer ElbyCheck exe quot L RegKill O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run RegKillTray C Program Files Elaborate Bytes DVD Region Killer RegKillTray exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run mwvqyqly C WINNT system smuodwvw exe O - HKLM Run Explorer C WINNT iexplore exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run F-Secure Manager quot C Program Files F-Secure Common FSM EXE quot splash O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfm... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-burning-software-wont-work-right-help.316375/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm using win 2000 pro and Nero 5.5 trying to burn mpegs to cd-rw. I've burned the cd's before and have erased them and trying to reburn again. I keep getting the error:

To burn this multisession compilation you need the medium that contains the previous backup sessions. Please insert this medium if you have not already done so.

It ejects the disc and that's it. Tried to re-erase but same result. What am I doing wrong????

A:Nero 5.5 and burning mpegs to cd. Won't work?

Check that you are not choosing 'continue multisession' in the burn options.
Either choose 'start multi session' if you wish to add to the cdrw in the future, or 'no multi session' if you just want to burn that file to disc and no more in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-5-5-and-burning-mpegs-to-cd-wont-work.264701/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i'm new here.
I need some help.
My DVD burning rom doesnt read DVD+RW and DVD-R but it reads CD-RW.
The Thing that happend is that it asks me how to open, i chose to open the map and when i check the size its 0bytes out of 0 bytes
and with the regular CD-RW it's as usual.... it's really strange, and when i check the rom in My Computer it says DVD-RAM.
And i'm using Windows XP and the rom is called (what i read from the rom) DVD Multi Recorder, Super Multi

Thanks

A:DVD Burning Rom Doesnt work properly

Maybe what you have is actually a cd burner or your dvd burner is defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-rom-doesnt-work-properly.437334/
Relevancy 45.58%

Before I jump on the Vista bandwagon I want to know if this system allowes for burning dvds and cds. I've been hearing alot of complaints. Will 1Click DVD Burn and Convert X to DVD work?-Most forums are real jumpy about the subject of burning and it's getting so bad that it's getting hard to get good information.There are actually legal movie download sites. They are 100% legal because they pay for the film rights. They charge for the downloads but will they burn on Vista?

Relevancy 45.58%

Randomly, my computer started not to burn anything anymore.
We used to burn regular CD's with music on them, but nowadays no matter how many programs I try, it just doesn't want to burn, I guess..

Help?

A:CD Drive, Burning doesn't work anymore?

Anyone..?
Sorry to bump so quick but I need help with this ASAP. :[

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-burning-doesnt-work-anymore.690903/
Relevancy 45.58%

I don t take credit for this work-around fix because I read it on another Nero Ultra Edition ROM Burning For Fix Work-Around 7.0 forum I have applied it to my copy of this program and it seems to be working fine - so far If you don t know what the problem is and haven t experienced it yet I ll try to explain it After the program is installed everything will work fine - until you open and close the quot Nero Express quot part of it and then try to open the quot Nero Burning ROM quot part of it When you do an error message will appear and the program will shut down All other parts of the program will work except for the quot Nero Burning ROM quot part of it Anyway here is the Work-Around Fix For Nero Burning ROM Ultra Edition 7.0 work-around fix --------------------------------------------------------------- Go to C Program Files Nero Nero Core Right-click nero exe then click Work-Around Fix For Nero Burning ROM Ultra Edition 7.0 Properties - Compatibility tab Place a checkmark in Run this program Work-Around Fix For Nero Burning ROM Ultra Edition 7.0 in compatibility mode for select Windows then click Apply - OK That s all there is to it --------------------------------------------------------------- This is my other thread which lead me to discovering the work-around fix http forums techguy org t html Click the link on When the new webpage appears scroll down to yianni s reply nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/work-around-fix-for-nero-burning-rom-ultra-edition-7-0.413591/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a hp media center computer with Sonic on it It has worked great ever since i got it but now sonic will not work when i click on the icon it starts to bring it up but then it says -------please wait HELP!!! Work.... Sonic Cannot Burning To Solved: Software Get while windows Solved: Cannot Get Sonic Burning Software To Work.... HELP!!! configures sonic dvd plus----------- after that a box appears saying -------the feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containg the installation package quot MyDVD MSI quot in the box below ---------- i have went through most of my computer to try to find it but it says that it s nowhere but i know it is still on my computer because it is still in the add remove programs and if i click cancel on that box it says--- All your drives are set to disabled on this operating system in order to start Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v you must either physically remove your drive s or enable at least one drive------ and i know that they are enabled because i can burn with them on windows media player please HELP nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot Get Sonic Burning Software To Work.... HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-sonic-burning-software-to-work-help.458180/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was browsing websites on a four year old Dell Dimension 4700 PC when all of a sudden the computer suddenly turned off. The computer would not turn back on and the power light on the front of the computer, which normally is green when the computer is on, blinked yellow over and over again. After unplugging the computer and plugging it back in, the blinking yellow light went away and the computer did power on (complete with green light), but there was a horrible burning smell coming from the machine and nothing loaded. Every time I try to turn on the computer now all I get is that green light and an incredibly loud fan, nothing comes on the screen, I hear no beeps, nothing.

What could this possibly be and what could I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

A:Computer doesn't work after crash/burning smell

Firstly, don't attempt to turn it on anymore, as you're most likely cause more damage, each time, you do so.
Secondly, it's rather impossible to diagnose on line what's going on inside the case.
Your best option is to bring it to a pro shop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288334/computer-doesnt-work-after-crashburning-smell/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was browsing websites on a four year old Dell Dimension 4700 PC when all of a sudden the computer suddenly turned off. The computer would not turn back on and the power light on the front of the computer, which normally is green when the computer is on, blinked yellow over and over again. After unplugging the computer and plugging it back in, the blinking yellow light went away and the computer did power on (complete with green light), but there was a horrible burning smell coming from the machine and nothing loaded. Every time I try to turn on the computer now all I get is that green light and an incredibly loud fan, nothing comes on the screen, I hear no beeps, nothing.

What could this possibly be and what could I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

A:Computer doesn't work after crash/burning smell

Sounds like you may have fried the power supply. Remove the covers and see how much crap is covering all the components. A can of air blaster works good to clean out heatsinks and fans. Do any work with the power unplugged then carefully turn it on and see if you can see what is cooking in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-work-after-crash-burning-smell.895436/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 32.25%

What on EARTH process is always running in the background to make my hard drive chatter away for literally nearly - minutes work 10 work work HD my and makes Windows and work and after a bootup and we're talking with a FRESH install Some something is running a LOT in the background but task manager is absolutely worthless in pointing out what is going on It even gets to the point Windows 10 makes my HD work and work and work and work where after having the Edge browser opened and perusing the internet for awhile things get so bogged down and windows is too stupid to tell me exactly WHY it's bogged down things get to where even a mouse click is delayed upwards of seconds lol Sometimes things completely freeze and pushing the reset button is the only way out I've gone as far as downloading Avasts 'emergency startup' disc and booting from it thinking there might be a virus but it found nothing although I'm wondering if it's loading a small portion of windows which if it is and a virus or malware is in that small portion booting to the disc and running the anti-virus software is pointless maybe I should try it with a linux based emergency disc

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67525-windows-10-makes-my-hd-work-work-work-work.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Alright guys, I have just refreshed my pc because I was having numerous problems with it and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. However, now I am having software issues. Whenever I try to make a call on the desktop version of skype, the program crashes. Whenever I try to open HP support assistant, the program crashes. When i am using the metro app version of skype I get a weird artifacting type problem on any of the buttons. I have this same problem in internet explorer and on Netflix. Netflix will not play on Chrome. It will play on IE, but with the button artifacting problems. My computer will not pair via bluetooth with my phone. What would be your recommended course of action? I don't know where to begin. I have tried updating drivers and the like but it has not helped.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth won't work, skype won't work, ntflix won;t work

Microsoft zune won't work either. It crashes when trying to set up.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/40103-bluetooth-wont-work-skype-wont-work-ntflix-won-t-work.html
Relevancy 29.24%

The title pretty much says it all. I'm honestly at the end of my rope. Device manager replies all is well, yet sound stopped working overnight.

It isn't muted,I'm not that oblivious.

I own Advanced System Care Pro ( and consequently, Driver Booster ) so I have already all of my drivers up to date, as well as any other problems I might have had.

Used a bunch of other scanners to figure out the problem to no avail. Plugging some headphones in also doesn't cut it, so it made me think that perhaps the hardware was actually fine and some software conflict was the cause of the problem. I have no freaking clue anymore, should I just get mad and yell at my computer for an hour or so to relieve stress now??

A:Laptop audio refuses to work, all devices work properly, sound isn't muted. Help?

First we need to know the EXACT make and model number of the laptop in question. Secondly the only place you should be looking for drivers for you laptop is the laptop manufacturers support website. Driver scanners really are not helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-refuses-to-work-all-devices-work-properly-sound-isnt-muted-help.1118481/
Relevancy 29.24%

I would like to add some info here as I had the above problem and couldn t find the answer anywhere except on a site that wanted money Aaargh The nerve of it But I saw a topic here with the exact same problem although the solution was quite different Here http forums techguy org windows-xp -taskkill-does-not-work-batch html I can t recall now why I thought about the firewall but as you guys have helped me in the past I d like to leave some information here for people who Google the following problems and think they have found a site with a solution only to find that the site wants your credit card number Bah Here are the errors I had Net stop System Error has occurred Access batch do work Taskkill, at prompt in Net Stop Tasklist, but command file not work is Denied Tasklist or Taskkill The RPC server is unavailable Both Taskkill, Tasklist, Net Stop do not work in batch file but work at command prompt of my problems were caused by the Comodo firewall on a new PC running XP SP The startup command file calls various other command files and I got the above errors when they executed the Net Taskkill and Tasklist commands When I entered the commands net stop taskkill tasklist at a command prompt they worked The problem was because the Comodo firewall had a quot Defence quot setting for a quot Sandbox quot that was enabled When I disabled the sandbox everything worked as I expected i e as on my old PC that I was replacing I hope this helps someone in the future If you tech guys would like to add some techy details as to what the sandbox was doing that would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskkill-tasklist-net-stop-do-not-work-in-batch-file-but-work-at-command-prompt.1067346/
Relevancy 29.24%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have the specified problem at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913405

My power options and my screensaver DO NOT work after installing a wireless pointing device but I DO NOT HAVE Cyberlink nor ANY of the startup items indicated in the article!!!!!!! but they STILL DO NOT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Screensaver and power options DO NOT work and Microsoft KB article DOESN'T WORK

Manufacturer and model of the device installed?

If you remove the device...do problems disappear?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510627/screensaver-and-power-options-do-not-work-and-microsoft-kb-article-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 29.24%

im using windows pro sp last week i had downloaded something and then i started to get advertisements even when a browser wasnt open it was restore internet to doesnt either. mins work few after a and stops system work about different ones but went off every secs to mins i went through some windows files in safe internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either. mode deleted some things here n there and ending processes i was successful in stopping the advertisements although not long afterwards the internet would stop after mins and i would have to keep restarting once i tried to system restore it wont go back past the day i started having this internet problem im not sure if its related internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either. to the previous problem or if i deleted a file i should not have here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either. WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Adapter wlancfg exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WlanUtility exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WLAN Service exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run EasyLinkAdvisor quot C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe quot startup O... Read more

A:internet stops to work after a few mins and system restore doesnt work either.

The file mscfco.exe doesn't look right, I'm moving this to our HJT forum for those folks to have a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-to-work-after-a-few-mins-and-system-restore-doesnt-work-either.772513/
Relevancy 29.24%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 29.24%

Friend's computer started up with a Critical Warning image and telling him to download this antispyware thing in order to remove it. Some files that I found connected with this are: FNTCACHE, critical_warning.html, AVR09, winhelper.dll, and 41. I tried running DDS but to no success. Same with Rootkit Repealer. I managed to install and run Hitman Pro 3.5 and Malwares Bytes Antimalware, but both were stopped after a few seconds within scanning. Afterwards, they didn't work at all. Couldn't install Superantispyware or CCleaner. Spybot Search and Destroy was changed to read only and Ad-Aware wouldn't work. Any suggestions? Is there any program out there that manages to get rid of this?

A:Scanners won't work, DDS won't work, and all programs that involve removing files becomes blocked after being used once

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266757/scanners-wont-work-dds-wont-work-and-all-programs-that-involve-removing-files-becomes-blocked-after-being-used-once/
Relevancy 29.24%

Today my laptop was working fine but then I shut it down and turned it on again, when I turned it back on, after the Starting Windows and windows logo disappear I get a blue screen for half a second then my computer try's to reboot, I've tried to use startup reapir but u just have a crusor with a background, safe mode also crashes, and when Im trying to boot up from my windows 7 USB, it is just stuck on setting up the installtion, please help, if this is a hardware problem im really gonna be Sad, if there is a way to wipe my hard drive please let me know, thanks

A:Windows won't boot, startup won't work, safe mode dosent work

Have you tried a new AC adaptor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348646-windows-wont-boot-startup-wont-work-safe-mode-dosent-work.html
Relevancy 29.24%

HELP Ctrl+Alt+Delete Wont Work​

Hello

I just recently tried to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete but it wouldn't work please help!!!!
I haven't recently installed anything I tried enabling everything from msconfig.

HELP​

Ctrl+Alt+Delete is supposed to be your last resort, the thing that always works, the last trick up your sleeve, the best weapon you have...but now it doesn't work.
they won't even let me have any more smilies...

A:Solved: Ctrl+Alt+Delete Won't Work Please Help the Task Manager is always suppost to work!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ctrl-alt-delete-wont-work-please-help-the-task-manager-is-always-suppost-to-work.458452/
Relevancy 29.24%

My problem is that I cannot access the internet through my LAC. I enable the connection and it will connect and send packets, but will not receive any packets. I have no problems enabling my wireless connection and connecting to the internet. The wireless does like to disconnect and reconnect about 3 or 4 times an hour which is another problem I have. I believe this LAC problem started around the same time I was trying to get shared music between my computers on iTunes. I was trying to allow for connection on port 3689, but everything I did was unsuccessful. Any suggestions for any of these problems I'm having?

A:Solved: Local Area Connection: doesn't work, Wireless: does work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-doesnt-work-wireless-does-work.772401/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hia I ve been having problems with my computer I can t get task manager to work its green box is viewable on the bottom right but it restore task work, update/defender working to wro windows work, manager won't system doesn t open system restore won t work windows can t udpate neither task manager to work, system restore won't work, windows update/defender working wro can windows defender update or scan they both try to though and its slowing down my computer Here is my hyjack task manager to work, system restore won't work, windows update/defender working wro log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE task manager to work, system restore won't work, windows update/defender working wro Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo PM Driver PMHandler exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TpWAudAp exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo LenovoCare LPMGR EXE C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C Program Files Lenovo Multimedia Center PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files ThinkVantage AMSG Amsg exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier G oogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm tray exe C Windows system sdclt exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C USERS CLARA DOWNLOADS PROCESSEXPLORER PROCEXP E XE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search orbitdownloader com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Skype add-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-to-work-system-restore-wont-work-windows-update-defender-working-wro.821883/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have recently built a new website, i tried all links and they worked fine before making it live on Filezilla.

I was wondering if anyone knows the reason for it or even better the fix for the solution.

The files are DWG. which is a version of CAD. PDF's, Jpegs, ect. all work except DWG's.

Thanks,

Cxswxrth

A:Downloads Work Offline But Once Website Is Live they Dont Work

Yours is not Windows 7 related issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398907-downloads-work-offline-but-once-website-live-they-dont-work.html
Relevancy 28.81%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 28.81%

System Laptop model HP - US OS windows bit Home Home Premium Several problems When I initiate Windows update I see there are important updates and opttional update However when it tries to download and install the updates windows update runs into problems and give the following error codes Code Code Code Tried networking does update, work, wireless not not Error windows does during work everything but Error during windows update, networking does not work, wireless does not work cannot get it to work No sound some kind of audio service is not starting i do not know what it means No wifi I see the wireless icon key with white light meaning the wireless is on and also the Ethernet port is lit white and occasional rapid blinking of amber light But cannot go on the internet The wireless router is connected to laptop via Ethernet cable No errors of any kind under device manager when the laptop is turned on and when the login screen appears the screen is very bright but as soon as i enter the first letter of the password the screen dims and stays dim Error during windows update, networking does not work, wireless does not work i am not sure why when the laptop is on and not used for few minutes the screen goes black but the laptop is still on but will not come back and only come back if the laptop is rebooted So far i have used cc cleaner but no luck cannot uninstall silverlight from control panel using add remove programs

A:Error during windows update, networking does not work, wireless does not work

Hope this helps.

For Win7 - Windows Update error 80246005http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80246005
Other - You cannot install some updates or programshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520520/error-during-windows-update-networking-does-not-work-wireless-does-not-work/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a network drive, which I set up to save a copy of a folder for offline use using the instructions here:
Working with network files when you are offline - Windows Help

I am not able to find any option for setting the drive to work online or work offline. I did manage to set it up to work offline yesterday, but forgot how. Now, I cannot find any work online or work offline button. Is it in a different place in 10?

A:work offline / work online button with network location

Reading the net, it appears that this is a pretty buggy implementation of working with network files offline. I was able to effectively use the offline files feature on another win10 machine. When I unplugged the ethernet cable, I could work with the offline files, and then when I plugged it back in, the computer went online and I synced the files. Back on the original machine, I turned off the 'enable offline files' option, rebooted, turned on the 'enable offline files' button, and rebooted. After this, the machine was still working offline. It said that the user had chosen to work offline (which was true at an earlier point). But there is no option anywhere to work online.

I followed the instructions to reinitialize the offline files cache as described here: How To Reinitialize The Offline Cache in Windows 7 . I found it elsewhere, and the general instructions are repeated on the internet in various places. This enabled the laptop to use the cached files online again. However, I still cannot manually get into and out of the 'work offline' mode. If anybody has any ideas, I would be grateful. If there is a registry value that would put things into and out of the 'work offline' mode, I could at least write a batch file to do this.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38909-work-offline-work-online-button-network-location.html
Relevancy 28.81%

After I install LIBusb I could work futher. But after I put him off en reboot an hour later my wired mouse en keyboard didn't work anymore.
When I restart in safe mode both still doesnt work.

Computer: HP Pavilion p6250

Please Help!!

A:LIBusb, USB ports doesn't work. Safe mode also no work

did you get sorted i have same problem

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/63466-libusb-usb-ports-doesnt-work-safe-mode-also-no-work.html
Relevancy 28.81%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 28.81%

I m having difficulty figuring multiple work, malware, antivirus/antimalware popups, won't... doesn't tools work, persistent don't iexplore internet out this persistent malware I think it s likely that there are multiple issues I m running Windows Vista The malware started off with quot google redirect quot symptoms and disabling my Symantec software Shortly following I could no longer access the web persistent malware, antivirus/antimalware tools don't work, internet doesn't work, multiple iexplore popups, won't... However the malware persistent malware, antivirus/antimalware tools don't work, internet doesn't work, multiple iexplore popups, won't... itself would create an internet explorer popup every - minutes not my default browser that would go to quot search sites quot none that I recognized and search for lewd topics Running the taskmanager would show multiple instances of iexplore exe running on my machine one for each popup The popups would have to be eliminated one by one using the task manager Trying to run a system restore I discovered all restore points had been deleted I installed AVG antivirus and got it to run once which seemed to help the problem However upon restart all issues were back and I could no longer run avg Windows defender constantly pops up that a new trojan is attacking my machine At this point I unplugged my internet connection and started using another machine I had left my problematic computer alone for about a month Upon turning it on last night each time I logged on it gave me a warning that quot Windows had encountered a critical error and will restart in one minute quot and would restart I tried running cmd in that one minute to intercept it but the task manager would freeze if I tried to run it from there and explorer would freeze if I tried to run it from there I also discovered my Guest account is not working I restarted in Safe Mode and ran msconfig and disabled all non-Microsoft services Upon restarting my computer I found I could successfully log on although Guest account is still not working At this point I figured I ought to post a highjackthis log to a forum My computer would not let me install using HJTinstall exe so I renamed it to HJTinstall scr After installation highjackthis ran for about second and closed abruptly My machine will not run highjackthis nor will it let me rename it If I try to run it it says that it cannot access the file device or path and perhaps I don t have permission and if I try to rename it it says that I need permission to do so and asks if I d like to try again Right clicking does absolutely nothing This is all the same in safe mode although right clicking in safe mode will at least bring up the options I m out of ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268337/persistent-malware-antivirusantimalware-tools-dont-work-internet-doesnt-work-multiple-iexplore-popups-wont-run-hijackthis-nor-let-me-rename-it/
Relevancy 28.81%

Exchange email won't work!
Hi, 

Very frustrating. I have two email accounts (Google email) working great. But, can't get my work email to operate. I know I have all the addresses, etc. correct. I'm a very experienced user. I set it up, no problem, at both iPad and iPhone. I used the
same exact settings, no dice. 

1. When I used the Outlook Exchange option, did not connect at all
2. I was able to use IMAP and successfully downloaded emails, but can not send - keeps getting stuck in Outbox 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fc38d60-993d-4ca9-b4be-a87395ede0d9/cant-get-work-email-outlook-exchange-to-work-on-surface?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 28.81%

I purchased a computer at a garage figure trying out some help pc133 will memory I which work and work wont to need sale a couple of weeks a ago for a couple of bucks the older couple said it was dead but I liked the case and was planning on moving my internet computer into that case it was a micron millenia max gs and the only thing wrong was the video card was dead I put in an old video card cleaned up the windows os and the computer ticks like a new watch according to the micron website the motherboard is a tazer tyran s http support mpccorp com apps specs asp I need some help trying to figure out which pc133 memory will work and wont work ID the total I need some help trying to figure out which pc133 memory will work and wont work pc memory is mb my current internet computer pIII is limited to mb of memory so I m thinking about buying sticks of pc memory for this micron it has sticks of mb for only a total of the micron website and several other memory websites say that this computer will use pc cl- unbuffered non-parity pin volt sdram dimm http www crucial com store MPartspecs Asp mtbpoid A D A CA amp WSMD Millennia MAX GS amp WSPN CT since pc is so expensive new I want to try and find some used memory but comparing all the pc on ebay for instance and trying to figure out which will work is ridiculous my question will most pc cl- unbuffered mb work in this computer what are the important specs what should I look for in the specs so that I get the right memory so it will boot thx nbsp

A:I need some help trying to figure out which pc133 memory will work and wont work

Anything on this page would work actually. And the prices are not too bad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2307856+1052507867&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=147

Buying ram off ebay is not usually a good idea, if you do make sure you have a very liberal return policy wth it. and buy only from a reputable company. Buying from an individual is not a good idea for computer components at ebay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-some-help-trying-to-figure-out-which-pc133-memory-will-work-and-wont-work.493060/
Relevancy 28.81%

Help! See the title.

I'm going mad because I can't listen to music! I've tried three different mediaplayers (Windows Media Player, VLC & QuickTime) and all three just don't work! WMP won't even play the files, VLC will (in .avi-case even with picture!) but there won't be sound :/. Same for QuickTime,...

Now, the weird thing is that I can play games without a problem and the sound's still there! Hell, even sounds made by Windows -- I hear 'em! YouTube works too!

I'm concerned there might be something wrong in the registry,... (I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner/Defrag regularly, I guess something was bound to go wrong,...)

Please, help? :(

(Windows 7, btw.)

A:Sound DOESN'T work while playing .mp3/.avi - DOES work with games/YT

Apparently I made a mistake,... Sound in games doesn't work* System sounds and YouTube do, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-while-playing-mp3-avi-does-work-with-games-yt-509872.html
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm not sure what is going on with this computer It's running slowly and doing things that are not normal for it For example the software I use for work is giving me login errors I am gettting an error with Outlook saying my mailbox has been temporarily moved Internet Explorer is running slowly Chrome has crashed several times My computer restarted itself Etc etc I ran Malwarebytes and it didn't find anything so I figured someone with a lot more knowledge than me should probably look it over before I go too far One thing that may be of note its a GB hard drive with GB of free needed !! what it software computer, affecting - for work Not work also is sure space Thank you in advance for any help you can give PS I have tried to upload the addition txt file but I cannot tell if it uploaded I tried twice so if its uploaded twice I'm sorry Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! Art administrator on ARTHOME - - Running from C Documents and Settings Art Desktop Loaded Profiles Art Available Profiles Art amp Administrator Platform Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Language English United Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Lenovo C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe ALWIL Software C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lenovo ATK Hotkey GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files Lenovo ATK Hotkey LFKAS exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe InterVideo C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Ellie Mae Inc C Program Files Ellie Mae SCAppMgr SCAppMgr exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe Lenovo C WINDOWS system TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery UpdateMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo System Update SUService exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C Program Files Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exe Synaptics Inc C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe Synaptics Inc C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe Lenovo C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY LVOSDSVC exe Lenovo Group Ltd C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EZEJMNAP EXE Intel Corporation C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe I... Read more

A:Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/593321 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593321/not-sure-what-it-is-work-computer-also-affecting-software-needed-for-work/
Relevancy 28.81%

Dear All
I'm using Dell Vostro 3350 now. After I upgrade Win 10 Pro, the Laptop Speaker doesn't work and can't give output any sound. But if I put my earphone, all of the sound include song work.
I use PC Doctor and scan the computer hardware but there is nothing found error on hardware and software. I also use windows update to scan all of the drivers, but it can't found any update drivers of this laptop. So what can I do next to fix the problem?
Thank you for member's attention

A:Laptop Speaker Doesn't Work But Using Earphone Work

Hello. Dell does not recommend installing Win10 on the Vostro 3350 model. Dell says, "If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." To get the best performance from your laptop, revert it back to the previous operating system. You can google to find instructions for undoing Win10.
If you want to continue with Win10, then try to install the IDT Win8 audio driver using compatibility mode.
1. Click the link to go to the driver's page. Download and save the driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. 2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981114
Relevancy 28.81%

I have done a search and realize there are several threads here that address this but I haven t been able to solve this This is the same laptop that I posted a thread about with the bad power button Not sure if the two are related since the two problems seemed to crop up around the same time Anyway I ve tried HP s troubleshooting but haven t gotten the speakers to work I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers checked the volume duh and attempted to do a system restore Unfortunately I didn t realize that system restore had been apparently been disabled for some time and there were no restore points to choose from I ve googled this of course and besides the things I ve tried it seems that either the headphone jack switch is stuck or the speakers are dead Would both speakers give out at the same time I work fine speakers dv6108nr don't earphones HP just work; ve tried jiggling rapidly pulling a headphone plug in and out to dislodge the switch no dice Anymore ideas I can try I ve been using external speakers plugged into the headphone jack but this gets annoying after awhile nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

Until recently I was able to unplug my headphones from the front input and my USB speakers would activate. So whenever I wanted to hear my USB satellite speakers that are plugged into a USB port on the back of my HP desktop, I would simply unplug my headphones.

Now, I have to manually go into the speaker panel and select whichever one I want in order for sound to be heard.

If sound is playing through the USB speakers and I set the headphone to default, if I close my Firefox browser and then re-open it, sound will be playing through the headset. Likewise the same in reverse.

I don't know what happened to force me to use the speaker panel to change which one I wanted. Before plugging in the headphones would just override the USB speakers and cancel them.

Any ideas what I may have done?

A:Headphones work or USB speakers work but only if I change to default

How does the sound work, if you do not use Firefox. Boot the PC but do not open Firefox. What device is set as default? (should be the USB device). Play a sound file on the PC with a media player (e.g. Windows Media Player) and confirm you are getting sound through the USB device. Then plug in the headphones and see if it automatically switches.

If it isn't working properly, without Firefox, then uninstall/reinstall the sound devices starting with the USB device (Uninstall in the Device Manager, but DO NOT uninstall any drivers, then restart the PC and let Windows reinstall the device).

If it works OK, without Firefox but still does not work correctly with Firefox that makes Firefox or whatever sound add on is being used in Firefox the suspect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/364208-headphones-work-usb-speakers-work-but-only-if-i-change-default.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Alright guys, Windows update has been really messing with my pc lately. I ran update and when it installed the updates my integrated mouse ended up not working. I rolled back update and installed the updates one by one and the one I ended up not installing was the camera codec pack. Now the problem I am having is that my touchscreen won't work. If I talk to HP support they do the most basic thing they can and then when they can't fix it they tell me that I have to ship it to them because hardware is broken. (obviously not the case because uninstalling an update fixed my problem.) If you guys know what update is at fault or if you know how to diagnose the problem I would be grateful.

Thank you.

A:Mouse won't work now touchscreen won't work. Windows updat

There's no shortcut I know of. It's a matter of roll it back so the system works normally. Install the next update in the list. Test. Repeat.

Until you find the culprit.

It may be a good idea to write down the updates on a pad of paper as you install them. Over time it's easy to lose your place in the list. Especially with rebooting etc..

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41232-mouse-wont-work-now-touchscreen-wont-work-windows-updat.html
Relevancy 28.81%

I m running a Dell E with XP Media Center Edition and I teach College courses online using WebCT I won t go into an anti-WebCT rant right now however tempting that is Anyway several major features of WebCT simply won t work on my computer because they depend on Java Most Support despaired work have won't Tech Java - work but not all Java applets simply won t run on my computer I click the button for say WebCT email and nothing happens At all I have uninstalled everything Java related and installed the latest Java My anti-Pop-Up software is disabled I have done everything short of sacrifice chickens to Satan Nothing I ve found elsewhere on this forum works My College tech guys have given up though one of them whispered in my Java won't work - work Tech Support have despaired ear the other day that I m not the only one with this problem I could ask WebCT but that would need a seance Anyone got any suggestions as this is driving me totally nuts and making my job impossible nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

Attempted a restore in Safe Mode. System came back up with all icons as normal. Issue start button doesn't work, icons open file but there is not text or data...there is what appears to be wire frames where the information should be. All files still on drive but cannot access.

Safe mode does no good because everything is blank and there is no text

A:Win 7 Ult x64 Start doesnt work Icons dont work

Welcome to our forum.

Read this tutorial I think it might help you.

By Brink:
Safe Mode

Using Last known good configuration.

Another tutorial that that can be very helpful

By Brink:
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349900-win-7-ult-x64-start-doesnt-work-icons-dont-work.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Alright So whenever a program uses InstallShield none usual work fixes of InstallShield work, doesn't the to install or uninstall a program it boots up and the bar fills up preparing to run the Wizard and right when it fills an error message pops up quot An error occurred while launching the setup The specified module could not be found quot and then it quits This occurs anytime I try to install or uninstall anything that uses InstallShield I ve tried everything at the InstallShield troubleshooting site including deleting a file in the registry the problem key was there but deleting it didn t solve the problem making sure I had admin privilidges and emptying out the Temp folder I can t reinstall InstallShield because it ironically requires InstallShield to install The one problem that I can think of would be that I just got back from college At college I logged onto a network to use the computer Could this have something to do with it I ve tried logging onto the computer itself as the Admin but the problem still occurs This whole thing really sucks because the comp is pretty much useless not being able to install or uninstall anything Thanks for any help nbsp

A:InstallShield doesn't work, none of the usual fixes work

Depending on what version of InstallShield you have here is a site that shows some of it's program errors >
http://helpnet.installshield.com/robo/projects/installshield10-5compact/CP_IHelpBuildErrors.htm

Have you tried this site > http://consumer.installshield.com/

InstallShield uses the Windows Installer Service. It could be that Windows Installer Service has somehow become corrupted.
Check this site out > http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108201

As a last resort you might consider reinstalling your Windows Operating System on top of itself to repair and replace the corrupted or missing files associated with InstallShield and Windows Installer Service.

Just for your information, InstallShield is the oldest installer program company. However there is another that is completely free “Inno Setup” which you may have seen when installing some programs. Here’s their site > http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installshield-doesnt-work-none-of-the-usual-fixes-work.363287/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,
For Internet Exlorer 9 version 9.0.8112.1642 . prodction id: 03553-997-8992671-00524, OS: window 7 v6.1( number 7601, service package 1)

I use html 5 audio tag one m3 file work another one does not work.
synth-unimrcp982.mp3 work for IE 9

synth-unimrcp98.mp3 does not work for IE 9, but it works on firefox and chrome.
I can not find what the difference. I can not attach mp3 files to you.

Could you help me find what is the problem?
Thanks
Best  Regards!
Xiaoming Wang
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bf09d5c3-8516-4bee-89a8-260fa0bef784/audio-tag-for-mp3-some-mp3-files-work-other-does-not-work-on-internet-exlorer-9?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 28.81%

Keyboard and USB dont work in windows but work in BIOS, i have also tried a ps/2 keybaord also not working in windows, i have tried safe mode, disabling driver sig enforcement, using different mice/keyboards, restored bios to default settings, ran sfc /scannow no errors detected, and still no luck any input would be amazing. I wanted to do a upgrade repair install of windows but you can only do that inside windows , basically trying everything before i have to wipe the HD and reinstall windows, i ran memcheck as well and no errors also as a sidenote it says my gpu is not found, when i have my monitor plugged into it, i am still receiving internet from ethernet.

I have windows ultimate x64
2.66 gHz processor 8gb of ram
1 TB harddrive 760 GTX GFX card

All devices work on other computers.

A:Keyboard and USB dont work in windows but work in BIOS

What were you doing on your computer when all this happened.
It's very unusual that not even a ps2 keyboard doesn't work.

Does you system boot at all into Windows 7 Normal mode of Safe Mode?
Your post is not clear to me.

If you can't boot Window 7 here is a tutorial with lot of test to do.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

What power supply is in your system?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364931-keyboard-usb-dont-work-windows-but-work-bios.html
Relevancy 27.95%

continuing from the title. our purchuseing something from Microsoft and they want to update everytime but I can't cuase I live in Canada and it asks for your state. and you cant continue??complete piss off. So those re my issues. thanks not sure how thisworks
either or how I see your reply. Faith

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9725409f-6c51-48aa-b77b-96c034ffa635/i-have-a-older-hp-elitennote-book-im-not-computer-savey-at-all-but-im-learning-i-have-a?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 27.95%

I have checked everywhere online and I haven't found a single explanation for this I have user accounts Administrator initial user new user So the initial user is the one for work work one Apps don't Windows for others. but user, you are forced to create when first setting up Windows It's a local user meaning that I set it up without signing into a MSA In both the Administrator and the initial user all the WinRT apps tiles work Like the weather will show up and everything WITNESS Whether I change the Initial User to Standard or Administrator everything still works fine Of course the Administrator can't open WinRT apps which is standard and normal And the initial user can't use apps without signing into MSA But it all still works perfectly fine The problem is with the Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. new user The new user is meant to be in Administrator mode because it's Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. my main account But whether I set it up as Standard or Administrator it's the same thing None of my WinRT apps work WITNESS Even when I sign into my MSA with the new user Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. it's still the same thing It synchronizes to my OneDrive online It recognizes that I'm completely signed in online Yet it's still the exact same thing with the WinRT apps None of them work Even when I try to open up the Windows Store It just continues to try to open but doesn't go all the way through So whether I'm signed into my MSA for the third user or not it still gives the same problem I ran Windows Update and it worked perfectly Everything is up to date

A:Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others.

I created a 4th account using an MSA instead of creating it as a local account. And it still has the same problem as the third account. Like I said, whether the account is created with an MSA or if an account was created as a local user, and signed into a MSA. It's the same extremely frustrating problem. I can't do anything like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/50804-windows-apps-dont-work-one-user-but-work-others.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm not sure where this should be posted so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place I am a newbie to Windows and don't know it I have a problem with my computer or just a lack of knowledge of Windows I just purchased a bit window with the professional upgrade I am using an Intel core chip on a gigabyte motherboard with gigs of memory more info if necessary I have installed my most used programs without issues they were win compatible I have tried time I when try the work installed Programs then don't work next to install program the were listed on the MS compatability list one was Samsung PC studio for my cell phone and the other was Dacal CD Library for my CD library on my CD Carousel They both installed with out incident and both ran fine the first time I used them I spent hours re-cataloguing my CDs Programs work when installed then don't work the next time I try saved and backed up everything and the next time I tried to run CD Library nothing happened I tried several methods to running it including setting the compatibly to XR or Vista NOTHING worked Even tried to uninstall and reinstalled it and still nothing would never run after the first time The same thing happed with Samsung PC Studio Worked fine the first time and the next day the same thing wouldn t load nothing nada I have tried to install other programs that weren t Win compatible and my computer would pop up tell me this program is not compatible with windows and prevent me from continuing So I am assuming if a program installs and works it should be compatible and will work the next time I try to use it Sorry about being so wordy but does anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance

A:Programs work when installed then don't work the next time I try

Just an off-the cuff suggestion, but have you tried right-clicking on the shortcuts to these programs and selecting "run in compatability mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186639-programs-work-when-installed-then-dont-work-next-time-i-try.html
Relevancy 27.95%

my fingerprint is not working  i do not have driver or  i dont know ?can you help me for contabile driver for it  my Laptop is:   HP EliteBook 820 G1 Notebook PCModel #:H5G10EASerial #:CNU347CT9C

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Finger-print-not-work-and-driver-not-work/td-p/5715753
Relevancy 27.95%

Neither of my CD-ROM drives will work actually both are DVD CD I believe But they DO work; BOTH in won't they Safe work Mode CD-ROMs do work in safe mode perfectly Dell actually came and replaced the BOTH CD-ROMs won't work; they DO work in Safe Mode drives but they still didn t work so they put the old ones back in Hours on the phone with Dell their final suggested solution was to reinstall the OS Frankly I don t have time for this I have to use my computer every single day and can t afford the downtime and the potential for not being able to reinstall some of my programs do the configurations of the programs etc We me and the Dell guy updated the drivers including quot firmware quot whatever that is This all seemed to happen after installing XP Service Pack so we me and the Dell guy tried to do a system restore that didn t work uninstalled SP that didn t work I found a suggested fix by Googling but that didn t work either -- checking the Device Manager for conflicts I saw no yellow conflict flags is that what I m looking for there I also went to the RUN prompt and typed sfc scannow because someone suggested that to see if there is a driver conflict Nothing came up it appeared to be running through its paces for a while and then finished up and closed not sure if that definitely means no problems The computer is a Dell Vostro desktop with Windows XP Service Pack was I bought it new from Dell December I run AVG antivirus The drives are HL-DT-ST CDRW DVD GCCH N TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H F nbsp

Relevancy 27.95%

So I'm running Windows work. printers to even writer.. Everything not NO document work, used Ultimate bit For months I had any printer I set up working easily and never had any problems printing Last week I went to print a document from microsoft word and it says quot Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup quot I thought that was pretty weird so I went into Google Chrome and tried printing a PDF online it said quot The printer selected is not available or not installed corectly Check your printer or try to select another printer quot I figured it was probably just a simple driver issue but to make sure I selected quot Microsoft XPS Document writer quot from the drop-down list but to my surprise it had the same error message as did all of the options on that printer list I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer driver anyways and that did not fix my problem even after trying to update the driver Actually it made it worse My computer almost completely froze up and was running at cpu power I had to restart it This happened a few times and I noticed that every time it did in Task Manager in the processes there was a process called something like quot USB setup quot or something that effect i don't want to freeze my computer to find out I also noticed about half a million quot splwow exe - Print driver host for bit applications quot is this supposed NO printers work, not even document writer.. Everything used to work. to say quot for bit applications quot if im running bit windows or is that literally for programs that are bit programs I can't print anything at all and have restarted many times I think this is a deeper problem than drivers I KNOW its not just my printer driver nor my printer because it works with my girlfriends computer Other usb devices work fine Any ideas Help

A:NO printers work, not even document writer.. Everything used to work.

Quote: Originally Posted by lukec53

So I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, For months I had any printer I set up working easily, and never had any problems printing. Last week I went to print a document from microsoft word, and it says "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup". I thought that was pretty weird, so I went into Google Chrome, and tried printing a PDF online, it said "The printer selected is not available or not installed corectly. Check your printer or try to select another printer"
I figured it was probably just a simple driver issue, but to make sure, I selected "Microsoft XPS Document writer" from the drop-down list, but to my surprise, it had the same error message, as did all of the options on that printer list.
I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer driver anyways, and that did not fix my problem, even after trying to update the driver. Actually, it made it worse. My computer almost completely froze up and was running at 100% cpu power... I had to restart it. This happened a few times and I noticed that every time it did, in Task Manager in the processes there was a process called something like "USB setup" or something that effect (i don't want to freeze my computer to find out). I also noticed about half a million "splwow64.exe - Print driver host for 32 bit applications". (is this supposed to say "for 64 bit applications" if im running 64 bit windows? or is that literally for programs that are 32 bit programs?)
I can't print anything at all, and have restarted many times. I think this is a deeper problem than drivers, I KNOW its not just my printer driver, nor my printer because it works with my girlfriends computer. Other usb devices work fine.
Any ideas? Help!!

Does indeed sound like a driver. The fact that your GF computer works but yours doesnt just means she has the right setup you dont.

Go into device manager>Show hidden devices>USB tab>delete anything greyed out. reboot.

see this tutorial.
USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200207-no-printers-work-not-even-document-writer-everything-used-work.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I cannot find out why the IE7 with code FF1.5) javascript work doesn't with (work following code doesn't work with IE Pressing the button doesn't add the text table to the page The code also loaded to http startupisrael com gpazi triptouch test php lt DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC quot - W C DTD HTML Transitional EN quot quot javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) http www w org TR html loose dtd quot gt lt html gt lt head gt lt head gt lt body gt lt script language quot Javascript quot type quot text javascript quot gt function func var mydiv document getElementById quot mydiv quot var mytable document createElement quot table quot var mytr document createElement quot tr quot var mytd document createElement quot td quot var mytext document createTextNode quot this is my text quot mytd appendChild mytext javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) mytr appendChild mytd mytable appendChild mytr mydiv appendChild mytable lt javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) script gt lt div id quot mydiv quot gt lt button onclick quot func quot gt click lt button gt lt div gt lt body gt lt html gt

A:javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5)

got the answer -
IE requires a tbody element to insert a table using the DOM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/javascript-code-doesnt-work-with-ie7-work-with-ff1-5-a-161587.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello there!

So this problem started yesterday afternoon. I didn't download anything, but suddenly I was unable to browse the web. I tried all the web browsers I have but no websites would load. But skype and teamspeak still work.

Any help?

Thanks.

A:Web browsers do not work, but skype and teamspeak work

Open IE, then click on Tools->Internet Options. From there, click on the Connections tab then the LAN settings button. Under "Proxy Server", make sure the checkbox labeled "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is UNCHECKED.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275737-web-browsers-do-not-work-but-skype-teamspeak-work.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I am running XP pro.
I purchased my Cruzer mini 1.0GB, plugged it into a usb on the main computer but could not get Explorer to recognize the drive. It will light up occasionally and sound is heard (dum dum + dah dum)plugging in and unplugging. It does have info on it in which I added by plugging into my laptop. I also renamed the drive Cruzer_1GB. It has no problems at all when used on my laptop or my spare pc (which all use xp pro) to exchange info.
My main computer recognizes my Cruzer Titanium 512MB and assigns it a drive letter. When I place both Cruzers side by side in laptop or my spare pc, it recognizes both, assigns different drive letters and exchanges info with no problems.
Obviously, its must be a setting of some sort. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-mini-will-not-work-on-my-pc-but-does-work-in-my-laptop.46707/
Relevancy 27.95%
Relevancy 27.95%

My mom is visiting and brought her computer complaining that she couldn't get online The problem seems to be much bigger than that I tried searching the forums and could only get so far I enabled the hidden admin account and booted into safe mode Going into the control panel Clicking on System user accounts or recovery does nothing The screen just sits there Clicking on device manager brings up an error message Microsoft management console MMC cannot open the file C windows system devmgmt msc This may be because the file does not exist is not an MMC console or was created by a later version of MMC This may also be because you do not have sufficient access to the file The file is located there and dated The pc is an hp running windows I cannot get much more info than that because clicking on system doesn't bring up the info I am not sure where to go from here I can't restore if the restore program isn't working

A:Recovery does not work, admin account does not work

Try running sfc /scannow to repair important Windows files usually takes 5 to 10 minutes. Open up windows command prompt (cmd). Go to start orb and click, then in the search box type in cmd and hit enter. In the cmd window type in sfc /scannow...just as you see it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271016-recovery-does-not-work-admin-account-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I am having a problem with some websites at my house There are certain websites I cannot access on any of the computers we have at home but I can access them on my Nintendo DS A few of the sites are www torhead com www ebay com www gotmarko com www questionablecontent net Occasionally questionablecontent net can be accessed from a computer at home but most of the time it cannot None of the other websites ever work on a computer at home So originally I work not sites on but Some computer, Nintendo do DS on work thought it was some virus that happened Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS to be picked up on all desktop computers and the laptop and Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS I have run multiple virus scans with AVG over the last several months to no avail Some things were found and removed but the problem was not solved I have turned off the Windows Firewall to see if I could access any of the sites at home and that did not work either One day at school I tried accessing the above websites on my laptop and they worked without a problem I also went a friend s house for a LAN weeks ago and I could access the websites on my desktop computer It made me thing that maybe it was something with the Netgear router we are using at home The fact that I can access the sites on my DS though makes me think that is not the problem Just in case I went to the router settings to see if somehow any of those sites got set to be blocked but there is nothing on the blocked sites list for the router I am at a loss as to what the problem could be since they work on the DS at home but not the computer and the computers can access them when they are connected to the internet somewhere besides at home When this problem first started happening I was on bit Windows XP and have since upgraded to bit Windows and I am still having the problem Any insight I can get would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS

One thing you can try that has worked for me and others with similar problem is changing your DNS server. You can always revert back if this does not resolve the problem or leave it. How to change to OpenDNS: Using OpenDNS On Your Windows Vista PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439274/some-sites-do-not-work-on-computer-but-work-on-nintendo-ds/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 27.52%

I have tried so many different resources/people to solve the following problem and nothing/no one has been able to help, so I'm hoping someone here may be able to provide some insight. I have several CDR's burned w/ avi. data (around the 700 Mb of data) that cannot be retrieved from my CD drive. My burner successfully burns the avi's, but when I try to get it from my D drive, it spins but nothing can be taken out of it (error eg.'s read: D drive not accessible, no CD in drive, etc.). What the &*%$^ is happening here?

Relevancy 27.52%

How do i burn Video files onto a DVd cd so tha tmy dvd player can play them?

A:Burning to a DVD

You're probably looking in the wrong place, you need to move the post to Multimedia. Do a search, you will find thousands of answers in this forum.

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-a-dvd.359295/
Relevancy 27.52%

So I have been downloading different video files w/ P2P software....and I unfortunately have not been able to figure out how to burn those videos to dvd to play in an actual DVD player.....I have Nero 9, Magicdisc, Cucusoft Ultimate DVD + Video Converter Suite and the standard programs that came on my compaq. I know that what ever video on want to burn as to be in a specific format to play on a dvd player, but I can not figure out how I know what that format is and how to get it on dvd in that format.

If anyone out there can be so kind as to help me out... It would be very much appreciated since I have spent like 3 months trying to figure out how to do this.
I am not super intelligent when it comes to computers...but i can get around one fairly well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217594/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

I don't know exactly where this goes, so I will post based on other threads.

I am having a small problem with burning music cds. It is actually a weird issue but I know I can get some help on it. When I burn songs onto a CD, and once it is done burning, and I listen to the songs there is usually one song that is cut off. Before burning I check all the songs work fine by playing them. And I don't go over the max capacity of the CD which is 700MB or 80 Minutes. So what do you think the problem could be?

The program I use is Sonic Record Now version 6. Also tried burning with Windows Media Player same issue.

Any help on this would be very nice.

A:Burning CDs

Is there anyone who knows anything about this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-cds-281937.html
Relevancy 27.52%

hey all.. i have a cd burner.. i have this .avi movie i made it dvd with a video converter.. it increased the sieze from 300mb to almost 2 gb
ii have this DVD-r blank cds.. can i burn that file in there and can they be played in any dvd player

A:burning a DVD

I'm not sure of an answer, but my post will get you back to the top for others to see again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.292569/
Relevancy 27.52%

Can someone help me? Often once I download something onto a CD, I can no longer burn anything else on that CD. Sometimes I can. I have used the XP program and the Roxio program and the same thing happens. Just keeps saying to put in a writable CD.
Thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas
SW

Relevancy 27.52%

For some reason when I put a cd in the computer it doesn't read it at all. Previously I used it to burn cd's and such and now.... nothing. Can anyone help with this problem?

A:CD Burning

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-279027.html
Relevancy 27.52%

After trying a few things I believe my burner is OK and that it s a PC software problem Burnt a DVD using Clone and everything went through fine but file is not recognized and it appears no file was burnt at all Burnt another DVD using Roxio same result as above Always used these programs previously and all has been fine Burnt music not dvd burning CD with ordinary disk and it was OK Tried burning files to a blank DVD using Explorer and it says disk is full or not recordable Put in ordinary disk and it burns OK My burner recognizes DVD and ordinary CD s but can t burn DVD s I recently had to install a trail version of AnyDVD I had a few issues with the program and had to uninstall re-install it a few times It seems it may be the culprit in that dvd not burning it has somehow disabled something in my DVD burner All dvd not burning suggestions and help greatly appreciated as I feel if I go out and buy a new burner dvd not burning I ll still have the same problem thanks nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

hi guys,

i have videos in mpg , avi that i am trying to convert to dvd (to play on my dvd player)
im using im too avi to dvd converter...when i try it straight to dvd drive it doesnt work

now i can convert the file to audio_ts and video_ts folders...but how do i burn it?
nero complains about something to do with reallocation...
somebody help me...

A:avi to dvd burning

some FREE programs to try...

Free Movies To DVD 1
Avi2Dvd
DVD Flick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-to-dvd-burning.695241/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi can any one tell me how to find out if there is a cd burner on my system and how to burn cds if there is.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 27.52%

How do I burn a dvd from a video playing on windows media player?EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

A:Burning DVD

What's the external video source, e.g. Youtube video, streaming media, what exactly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274545/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm currently using WinXP Pro SP x and using CDBurnerXP My optical drive is Lite-On iHAP Burning .iso a DVD IDE DVD-RAM It's a DVD Multi Recorder drive labeled for DVD R DL and RW discs The iso file is GB and CDBurnerXP won't burn it because it won't fit the disc which is labeled as GB capacity Google search gave tons of results that say it's something to do with discs being Burning a .iso DVD labeled GB in the sense of GB MB whereas GB really is MB The iso file I'm trying to burn is an OS so it's supposed to fit a standard DVD - R disc I don't know anything about overburn never tried such feature before but still risked it and got same error saying the disc doesn't have enough space The discs I use are TDK - x GB DVD R and never before seen such an error come up with iso files this large Any suggestions Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place it seemed the most relevant here but maybe I'm wrong Thanks

A:Burning a .iso DVD

Is there anything non essential that can be removed from the .iso? I have had to do this a few times to fit a DVD. Other than burning to dual layer disk, maybe creating a bootable flash drive (or similar) to house the .iso data would be an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504688/burning-a-iso-dvd/