Windows Support Forum

Faulty sensor? Or worse?

Q: Faulty sensor? Or worse?

An old computer I have is showing some strange readings...
vcore1 = 1.44v
vcore2 = 2.61v
+3.3v = 2.14v
+5v = 2.71v
another +5v reading - 2.15v
-5v = 5.41v
+12v = 5.50v
-12v = -6.19v

Very strange... specs are:
1GB DDR PC-3200,
3 hard disks (2 IDE, 1 SATA),
Sempron 1.8ghz,
6600GT
I know it's underpowered and has been for a while,, but why such a big effect? surely wouldn't it not work w/these voltages? thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty sensor? Or worse?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty sensor? Or worse?

I use Lavalys EVEREST Home Edition to view system parameters. The home edition is free and can be found at MajorGeeks. Try it and if you get strange readings, then there's a problem with your BIOS.

Best,
-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-sensor-or-worse.114849/
Relevancy 72.67%

A common issue i faced with my laptop since the str year of using it was the fan After sending it in for replacement fix times - times under nbsp fan sensor? Faulty/broken warranty to hp and to laptop repair shops i think i nbsp the issue may not be the fan itself At least not all the times At first the Faulty/broken fan sensor? fan was not spinning then some times it would spin normally but the real issue is that Faulty/broken fan sensor? it would not increase rpm at high temperatures Faulty/broken fan sensor? not mater how many times i got it replaced it would spin at max rpm at very high temps C and after a couple of motnhs it wouldnt even get close to of the fans speed Right now i am using my laptop under some kinda heavy load C and the fan is spining at the same speed as it is iddle Only if it hits it will spin a tad faster but deffinately not max rpm nbsp Before this issue happens the fan always makes a weird noise nbsp like the voltage is not constant and it goes fast slow fast slow randomly sometimes then after a while maybe a buzzing noise like the bearing got out of possition nbsp Checked my old fan and current one using the laptops usb port V and the fans can spin quite fast without making any noise however when connected to the motherboard's pin connector they spin not faster than when the laptop is iddle nbsp So could that actually be the sensor on the motherboard fan nbsp or bios maybe Could try a bypass method by removing the fan sensor cable and have the fan spin at map rpm but i dont know if it is ok to and it would also be too noisy all the time even without doing anything nbsp heavy nbsp Sorry for the text wall but wanted to give as much info as possible thanks in advance nbsp Ntas nbsp P S if any additional info is required please feel free to ask

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Faulty-broken-fan-sensor/td-p/5789133
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,
my "PC HEALTH STATUS" in the BIOS says my CPU isat 55C. thats quite hot. i have good ventilation inside my case, 3 fans and a heatsink, (one blowing in, one blowing out, one recirculating) and the heatsink on my processor is quite cool to touch!!! i know what metal at 55C can feel like. even after removing my heasink, the processor is quite cool , even the die!!!

and whats more, after the pc being switched off for the entire night (enough time to cool isnt it?), pc health reported 57C right after boot up!!!

Relevancy 71.81%

Having contacted Sony Tech support and having confirmed what I already knew the sensor for the CPU fan is faulty ths causing the fan to run Vaio sensor Fan VPCF12Z1E faulty at from start up and is SO noisy The Vaio is months old - only used in a home Vaio VPCF12Z1E Fan sensor faulty environment mainly working with spreadsheets and internet use so a very underused laptop for the specifications of this machine Sony customer complaints have been so unhelpful - no reply to my numerous emails to their complaints department over the Warrranty period offered for this laptop yr only in Vaio VPCF12Z1E Fan sensor faulty the UK yet they give a yr guanantee on other parts of Europe for the same spec model I have also been removed from their community forum for raising this complaint The price for a replacement motherboard came in at which is nearly the price I paid for the laptop Having owned Vaios and still have in operation this will be the last time I will purchase a Vaio product or indeed any SONY products I urge all of you to avoid SONY VAO going forward Mine is now going in the bin nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I hv a Dell Latitude D600 with faulty thermal sensor that show constant 85celcius even just boot and the air that blown out were not even warm. The fan were always at fullspeed. It throttle down to the lowest speed(500mhz).

I did remove the heatsink n clean all dust

I did replace the thermal paste

i replace another processor to confirm that is not a faulty processor's thermal sensor

I tried to change power setting to 'Always On' and is still the same

I tried to overclock it using NHC but its still slow

Anyway that i can disable the temp throttle down?
I dont care if that overheat my laptop as if i have to use a laptop with 500mhz i rather try to cure it.
Btw this is an unused anymore,i just wanna try to fix/modify to make it fullspeed again.
Thanks for viewing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d600-faulty-thermal-sensor.176799/
Relevancy 49.88%

My icons are disappearing The computer is running slow Viruses have completely taken over my computer I am going through financial difficulties right now and would REALLY appreciate help I understand computers therefore I can take direction fairly well Just please tell me what I need to do Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform it to anywhere:( Worse. cannot afford bring LOG Getting INSIDE PLEASE. It's Worse & I Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS It's Getting Worse & Worse. PLEASE. I cannot afford to bring it anywhere:( LOG INSIDE system services exe C WINDOWS It's Getting Worse & Worse. PLEASE. I cannot afford to bring it anywhere:( LOG INSIDE system lsass exe C WINDOWS It's Getting Worse & Worse. PLEASE. I cannot afford to bring it anywhere:( LOG INSIDE system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C WINDOWS system svcd svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data nmtmzypk nkrsjiri exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings PAULINA cftmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C DOCUME MARKPE LOCALS Temp winlogan exe C Program Files antiviirus exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C DOCUME PAULINA LOCALS Temp D D tmp C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C DOCUME PAULINA LOCALS Temp noop tmp C DOCUME PAULINA LOCALS Temp exe C DOCUME PAULINA LOCALS Temp csrssc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Crea... Read more

A:It's Getting Worse & Worse. PLEASE. I cannot afford to bring it anywhere:( LOG INSIDE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/its-getting-worse-worse-please-i-cannot-afford-to-bring-it-anywhere-log-inside.710577/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I started the day on a high note before turning on the computer that is thinking I was bad; worse then worse, HD/Filesystem fair to from to much prob:Went going to get some things done This was not to HD/Filesystem prob:Went from fair to bad; then to worse, much worse be So we start at FAIR After XP loaded it said HD/Filesystem prob:Went from fair to bad; then to worse, much worse that it had recovered from a serious error Product ID so I did some digging around and got some info from HD/Filesystem prob:Went from fair to bad; then to worse, much worse microsoft's web pages complete with registry fixes deleting bad entries etc I did a quick scan with malwarebytes and it found some stuff that I deleted and when I did a restart it didn't come up correctly Went into safe mode and it came up made a HUGE mistake here Did not copy files I wanted to save when I had the opportunity Closed out of safe mode and let it start normally Would not boot normally Tried to boot in to safe mode and now its recycling back to POST we have gone to BAD Hmmm So I thought how about putting the XP disk in and then do an install leaving file system intact When I got to the point of doing the install I chickened out because it said that it might delete the My Documents folder had some things in there I didn't want to lose I've done this procedure before and perhaps I should have taken the second opportunity to recover gracefully but I did not I hit F to cancel out of the install to try and boot from my other HD that has XP but with some driver issues that I had yet fixed I went into the CMOS to change boot order and notice that the hard drive the one that I was trying to boot into is not showing MAXTOR model and size anymore it is just listing the drive with one single letter quot M quot Now we have gone to WORSE Seeing that single letter M is not good news I changed the boot device to the other HD To my surprise it came up I was getting BSOD's before because it has incorrect nvida versions installed for the MOBO and Vid card This is where it becomes MUCH WORSE Now I have successfully booted up and I thought OK great I can copy the files I need But first I want to check the Disk Manager because that quirky little quot M quot is still bothering me and what do i see have moved into HORRIBLE C GB Healthy H GB NTFS Healthy System C is a GB IDE Drive that was working just fine yesterday with XP installed The fact that's showing GB more space than the drive physically has is not a good sign H the drive I am booted to is a GB SATA with XP and as I said earlier soem some wrong drivers that I need to correct But its working good for the moment Now I have gone to FLAT LINE When I open up Explorer it list the drive in the tree Removable Disk C When I try to peek into it quot The disk in drive C isn not formatted This obviously means that the file system is now trashed Each time I turned the machine off and on during this sequence of events it got progressively worse This is the second drive that I have had this happen to in the last few weeks The other drive I attributed to just being years old and just failing So now I've come to the very painful conclusion that I had some very bad virus that's kind of like a sleeper It lies dormant for awhile and then kills the file system and is not detected by malewarebytes When things start to go bad they go bad very quickly Anybody got any suggestions

A:HD/Filesystem prob:Went from fair to bad; then to worse, much worse

Test the HDD with the drive manufacturers disk tools (preferably using a different PC). Run the short and long tests. If either test fails or has errors, the drive is faulty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hd-filesystem-prob-went-from-fair-to-bad-then-to-worse-much-worse-567033.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone,
My bottom fan on my PC was being very loud, so I opened up my case and unplugged the power supply, and flicked off the power switch on the back. I unscrewed the bottom fan and dusted it a little bit, and then I put it back together how it was before.

The part that I unscrewed also contained my hard drive, and now that it is reseated I cannot boot.

At first I got an error when booting:
Loading operating system . . .
disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter.

THEN, I tried making sure everything was connected well and tight, and now I am not getting anything displayed on my screen.

Apologies for the lack of knowledge and thanks for the help.

Jeremy

A:Boot problem, getting worse and worse

It is possible that when you removed the fan and hard drive, you plugged the hard drives SATA cable into a different SATA port on the motherboard. Get into the bios, and make sure that the hard drive is being detected properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-problem-getting-worse-and-worse.185647/
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello my new bestest friends I need help as does everyone who comes here My computer has been running like a bag of you know what Worse! Computer Worse Need Getting And Help for about weeks IE became corrupt and will not Need Help Computer Getting Worse And Worse! start even after uninstalling and re installing Versions amp However this is not the problem as I am currently using safari and finding it great The problem lies with my computer and it's sluggishness ever since IE became corrupt my computer seems to have slowed I am getting occasional Internal memory blue dos screen errors and several other little glitches like windows XP's search program will not close after I perform a file search I have performed several Virus amp spyware checks such as AVG and Spyware Doctor also several registry progs like registry Booster AVG comes up clean however Spyware Doctor and Registry Booster both show a lot of Registry errors inluding heaps of lnk file and url files I removed most of these the first time around but discovered it to have deleted all my shortcuts and bookmarks that I much needed well not so much the shortcuts It did not remove the actual exe files but was a major hassle as my dektop shortcuts where wiped So I performed a system restore and now have everything back I am wondering are have these files become corrupt or is this just overkill on the software spyware Doc amp reg booster behalf I have also noticed in my Hijack this log that there are several missing files I am so in need of help as i use my computer to produce music and the speed and glitches are getting frustrating also the blue Dos Screen fatal memory crashes that says Stop X E xC x D D XED A BF XED A F are stressing me out sooooo much I feel like crying haha but i wontBelow is my Hijack this log Thanks heaps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXEC WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nwcsrv exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System mqsvc exeC WINDOWS System mqtgsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exeC Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exeC Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exeC Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exeC Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings Riaz Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htmO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO EWPBrowseObject Class - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stma... Read more

A:Need Help Computer Getting Worse And Worse!

Hello Krisso,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172228/need-help-computer-getting-worse-and-worse/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a computer that came with hdd partioned into 2. c: and d:
Both partitions are about 70 GB each.
One is labeld ACER c: and the Other Data d:
On the D drive I have just noticed a txt file called sensor.txt. This file is currently about 450MG and is growing by the minute. (about 1k per 30 seconds or so)
Can anyone tell me what this is.... Virus?
This computer is my main Point of sale maching. Reletively no web surfing is done on this computer.

A:Sensor.txt

Have you opened the file to see if it's readable text?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147898/sensortxt/
Relevancy 39.56%

I think my lid sensor is broken, so I decided to completely turn off the use of it. How can I do it? As in, when I close the lid, the screen should be on still, (on as in completely on), its not in power otion, it only has the option to keep the power on, which is the screen turns black (which I dont want it to). Thanks for help! Any registery change or program will help! thanks! Or any other ways to do it~

A:Help with hp lid sensor

Check in your BIOS (F10 on boot)
Otherwise it's gotta be in the power settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-hp-lid-sensor-473725.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has played with the Kinnect Sensor for Windows. I am curious if there is anything out there to make basic Xbox-like gestures work with plain Windows 8, if this is native to the driver package, or if you really have to use the SDK and program everything.

Pointers would be great.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43404-kinnect-sensor.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I apologize for the length of this but I want to give as much info as possible as this thermal sensor? Bad CPU problem has been ongoing for quite some time Thanks in advance for any advice you may offer First my system specs Epox PDA Motherboard Intel Pentium Bad CPU thermal sensor? GHz proc Thermaltake Silent lt something gt W PSU GB PC RAM MSI Nvidia GT Video previously All-In-Wonder Radeon Pro Thermaltake CPU Heatsink Bad CPU thermal sensor? amp Fan previously stock heatsink amp fan SATA hard drive IDE hard drive DVD-R drive CD drive Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer card Ok for about the past months to a year this system has had problems cold booting It produces an alternating high-low beeping for approximately seconds but eventually boots Once the machine was up and running it ran -perfectly- which is why I ve probably let the problem drag on for so long Well the problem has been worsening recently and finally came to a head when I decided to shut down the system my big mistake to install a new power strip Of course the same problem occurred so I decided to look into it further However most recently after booting and while playing a game the system had some kind of failure and after some electrical whining noises shut down So finally I decided to look at this seriously I began with the RAM seeing as the post code that occurs the longest during the beeping phase is C which I believe indicates some kind of RAM problem I tried each of the MB RAM sticks in each of the slots individually and still had the problem I also tried a completely separate stick of RAM and had the same problem When the computer boots I also tried a bootable DOS RAM checking utility which found no problems So I think I can eliminate RAM as the problem Next I decided to look into video As I mentioned I previously had installed the ATI All-In-Wonder Pro I tried booting the system with just the video plugged in same problem Also somewhere along my troubleshooting way my video began booting with garbage characters and skewed text I plugged in an older Nvidia card x something and by chance the system booted with no beeps whatsoever So I figured video must be the problem I later found a scorch mark on the power plug going into the ATI card and have since RMA-ed the card for repair So I ordered the NVidia GT card and am having the same beeping problem Ok next look at the CPU and motherboard My CPU has always run hot at around C or greater its gone as high as C Only recently have I found that this is ridiculously hot and never thought anything of it because I didn t notice any performance problems The temperature gauge also alternates wildly varying hot temperatures with dropping completely to zero As a precaution I thought it would be good to replace the heatsink and fan I under the supervision of a IT professional replaced the stock heatsink with a copper heatsink and fan with Artic Silver thermal paste The system still reports about the same temperature and still drops to zero occasionally My system temp is typically around C which I believe to be accurate Additionally the CPU heatsink is cool to the touch Currently the system randomly may boot or not from a cold boot It has taken to mixing the high-low beeps with another steady recurring beep and frequently shows the post code AF If the boot consists of both beeps the machine will not proceed any further However after resetting a few times and getting just the high-low beep the system will boot Now unfortunately the system runs extremely slow as if the mobo or CPU is throttling itself because it thinks its too hot I ve tried utilities like Motherboard Monitor and they report near the same temperature as the BIOS I can t imagine that the CPU is actually running at this temperature Wouldn t it have burned up long ago So this is where I sit as of right now I m not sure what else to try I m running out of options Here are some other random things I ve tried - Tried taking the system into another room and plugging sole... Read more

A:Bad CPU thermal sensor?

I would guess that the mobo is bad, but I don't know. If the mobo was bad I think it could read temps wrong or fry a graphics card, and have boot problems. I think your cpu would be fried at those temps, so I doubt it actually is that hot.
I think the mobo is the most likely candidate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-cpu-thermal-sensor.23517/
Relevancy 39.13%

Does anyone know where the condensation sensor is located on a JVC gr d-90u?...or perhaps where I may get a schematic that doesnt cost 2 million dollars? I am ready to pull my hair out with this problem and JVC is NO help whatsoever. I have emailed them countless times and no reply. I greatly appreciate any help you can give.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/condensation-sensor.237240/
Relevancy 39.13%

Just doin some maintenence on my comp, used AIDA64 report wizard and just wondering if temperatures and sucvh look goo to you .

--------[ Sensor ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type ITE IT8712F v7+ (ISA 290h)
Chassis Intrusion Detected No

Temperatures:
Motherboard 38 C (100 F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 30 C (86 F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 30 C (86 F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 30 C (86 F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 30 C (86 F)
Aux 33 C (91 F)
WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 32 C (90 F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 1815 RPM
Chassis 1860 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.040 V
+3.3 V 3.280 V
+12 V 12.736 V
VBAT Battery 3.328 V
Debug Info F 0174 016B 0000 0000 0000
Debug Info T 33 38 128
Debug Info V 41 FF CD FF C7 60 FF FF D0

i did notice the 3.3 V rail and the 12 V rail are a bit off. would this be aconcern? or is it not off by enoouugh to cause problems.

Relevancy 39.13%

I have a user that received a Indication Notification. (Fan Sensor 0 fell Below threshold of 500 RPM. The current value is 493RPM ) Please help!

A:Fan Sensor Problems

Sounds like either the CPU or one of the chasis fans is failing, replace it before it causes overheating problems...It could potentially ruin the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-sensor-problems.254988/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just plugged in an AMD Athelon 6000+ and attempted to cool it with an Arctic Freezer Pro 64. Due to the lower rpm fan, my system shuts down when I boot. Arctic recommends disabling the rpm sensor and using the temp control instead. Makes sense to me but I can't figure out how to get to that part of my BIOS when I hit F10 on boot. I've been all over the place several times and don't see where these sensors are.

Can anyone tell me, step by step, how to get to that part of the bios? I sure would appreciate it.

A:Disabling RPM sensor

Hi t rasa.....Welcome to the Vista forums

i have the same cooler (the 775 version)....& while im not sure about your boards BIOS layout, it should contain a ''quiet fan'' option
usually located in the H/W monitoring section of the BIOS....

disable this & use an app called ''Speedfan'' to control the CPU HSF.

have another rummage around in there & get back to us...

SK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189196-disabling-rpm-sensor.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Dear HP Team, I bought HP 15-AC034TX laptop from online shopping. In manual display that it supports Touch screen gestures but my laptop not supports touch. There is no setting for Touch. I just want to know this laptop touch supports or not. There is windows 8.1 in my laptop.Please help to know that it is touch suppots or not, can i use touch after download the drivers. Thanks

A:Touch sensor

Hi @Sheela_Bajwal,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have question about the computer specs. I will be glad to help you. Per the HP Notebook 15-ac034tx Product Specifications, at does not show as being a touch screen computer.  Hp computer names show Touchsmart eg HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-sensor/td-p/5590697
Relevancy 39.13%

Looking to quieten things down on my Celeron 2.6ghz mobo I've replaced the original cooler with a Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu and Fanmate.

With the Fanmate turned low the machine is wonderfully silent, and maintains a nice low temperature. But the fan speed is insufficient for the machine to boot . If I turn up the speed it boots OK , but is louder.

Having looked in the BIOS (Imperial 845GV mobo) there are no facilities to either disable the CPU fan speed sensor, or to set a lower limit.

Any thoughts on how I could 'trick' the system into believing there was a higher fan speed at start-up?

Thanks,
Ricky

A:CPU fan speed sensor

If you have a case fan in you computer taht runs at a fast enough speed, or buy a fan with a 3 pin connector and connect it to your CPU power connector. That will fix the speed problem, but it wont track the cpu fan speed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-speed-sensor.9157/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an HP Pavalion xe735 with an Aspire X-Dreamer II case, and unfortunately the company didn't send any directions with the case. Does anyone know how to properly hook up the heat sensor and get the back lit LED to work on the front?

Thanx in advance,
X_Gamer7

A:Where does heat sensor go?

Don't know about the back light. Normally I place the heat sensor on your heatsink for your vid card, or under a clamp on the heatsink for the cpu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-does-heat-sensor-go.214564/
Relevancy 39.13%

I purchased a Temp sensor unit to fill a 3.5" empty bay where a floppy was. It has the standard 2 leads with one CPU sensor, and one HD sensor. I was just wondering what the best location is to adhere the HD sensor. I have it taped to the middle of the top and it's reading about 22C which seems low.

I have 2 EIDE hard drives(both WD), the master and slave have a slot between them. With only one lead I put the sensor on the master of course. I realize these things aren't that accurate, just trying to do the best I can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-temp-sensor.770820/
Relevancy 39.13%

I was very kindly helped by Aca Candy recently with a blue screen problem. Unfortunately I had to have my laptop reformatted. Now for some reason I cannot use the fingerprint sensor. I try to open the program but no luck. I am running vista business, software program is ATSwpNav
and I have a Lifebook P7230.
Incidentally as the notebook is only now 2 months old I did try the supplier an internet seller called Laptops Direct in the UK, they are a total waste of space! Looks like I am on my own??
Anyone wishing to help would be most welcome

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fingerprint-sensor.682102/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm using a Flex 3-1130.  It's a 2 in 1 netbook with a 360 degree hinge.  Does anyone know (or know where I can find) the sensor signal that tells the OS what position the lid is in?  In Windows 10, the netbook goes to sleep when the lid is closed, it wakes up in laptop mode when it's opened and it switches to tablet mode (turning off the keyboard) when the lid passes 180 degrees.  When the machine is running Linux, opening the lid past 180 doesn't turn off the keyboard and closing it all the way doesn't change the lid state to "off", so I know it's not a simple hardware switch.  What signal/memory address/whatever can I examine to see what position the lid is in?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lid-Sensor-Signals/td-p/3460852
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Guys.. I have a quick question, why is it when I am monitoring my computer's CPU Core Temp.. (1 CPU) Why Does It Not Update the program on temp changes? I have to put the computer to sleep, and turn the computer back on in order for it to update.. How Come? Thanks. Btw, It Does Not Update Any Program that provides me with this info, so its not the program itself.

A:Thermal Sensor

thermal sensor 64 bit download - freeware, shareware - X 64-bit Download (go to this link and download something)
Is your computer overheating?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/131290-thermal-sensor.html
Relevancy 39.13%

When I run some tools like HWInfo, Speccy, AIDA and etc... I got hight temps on motherboard and some others. While when I go into BIOS I got pretty good temps.

Could this be a screwed sensor ? I touch the mobo after that, its not heat. Only the heatsink for chipset down.

The pc was shut down for a 30+ min. and when I start it, checked in BIOS, and again I got temps like 64/65 C.
There is no way to get heat for a less than 30 sec.

So, I need some help here.

Thank, Boshko.

A:Maybe problem with sensor on mb ?

Based on the screenshot, your motherboard looks a little on the high side, but I've always been told that software may not always read the sensors properly.

The processor temps look good, so how is the cooling in your case?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244202-maybe-problem-sensor-mb.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am assuming that the temperature sensor that is part of many cases is placed between the heat sink and processor. Would like to verify this before placing it there.

Thanks in advance.

A:Temperature Sensor

I have a Thermaltake XaserIII case, that also has a temperature sensor.

Mine was designed to go under the cpu.

That is, it is attached to the underside of the cpu with a piece of special tape. The fine wires are then carefully threaded in between the pins of the cpu, and the cpu put into it`s socket.

I suggest you check in your case manual, or on your case manufacturers website, for instructions.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temperature-sensor.35372/
Relevancy 39.13%

Starting last week, my motherboard started throwing notifications my way that all three of my PSU Rails were dipping as well my CPU Temps. Then, two days ago my PC shutdown my video output to the monitor and proceeded to speed every fan in my tower up. This happened thrice before going into the bios and disabling CPU temp monitoring off. Now everything runs like before, but I continue to get the notifications and I am scared to run anything that requires hardware acceleration (Gaming.)

What, in short, could this mean? I know my mobo has a bad sensor, but could this be a sign of something worse?

CPU-Z report attached below.

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello all I seem to have a defunct thermal sensor and would like some advice on how to resolve the problem CPU reports CPUID HWMonitor idle temp at C CPU problem sensor thermal core C - Core C They re stuck at these figures The bios reports C as well I ve run CPU thermal sensor problem prime with no resulting shift in reported temps at full load This trouble started after I swapped out the stock Intel HSF with a Corsair H I used ArctiClean amp to prep the CPU and used AC MX- thermal compound twice I also flashed the bios - no CPU thermal sensor problem change Obviously I m concerned about a potential meltdown as I do quite a bit of CPU-intensive work I m aware of the inherent flaws of Intel s sensors the CPU thermal seems to be the only one affected but that s little consolation Is there any way to inspect the source for damage Are there any alternatives short of installing my own sensor DualCore Intel Pentium E MHz Asus P K SE EPU BIOS Version I appreciate any input you may provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-thermal-sensor-problem.957204/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I used to use fingerprint basically every day and now it stopped working. Not sure if it was after any sw update because it happens automatically. Sometimes it requires computer reboot that I am forced to do but if there is no restart required I guess I have no notification that there was any sw update. I downloaded latest Fingerprint driver from lenovo site but you can see the result below. I am on Windows7 64 bit. Thank you R 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Fingerprint sensor is not detected

Hi Cimenta,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to hear that fingerprint reader in your Lenovo ThinkPad is not getting detected properly.

Could you please check whether fingerprint reader is enabled in BIOS? Also, reset the internal finger print data in BIOS and check.

Hope this helps! Do post back if issue persists.

Best regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Fingerprint-sensor-is-not-detected/td-p/1342587
Relevancy 38.7%

Quote from Djrafh;How much OC...
well the temp monitor is a little thermal sensor actually on my cpu (between the cpu/heatsink) and its never gone above 41C. So i suppose i could try 3.2 possibly....

This is the first time I ever heard of the actual placement of that little sensor ( I don't get around much any more!)
Anyway ,I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a general
rule as to exactly where & how the heat sensor is to be mounted.
I have built 3- P4's and 1-P3 over the last few years .It's just a hobby for me , but they all work great , but I have never been comfortable as to whether I was getting a proper reading .
Thanx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heat-sensor-placement.8691/
Relevancy 38.7%

Every diagnostic I run seems to be putting up different numbers, except Sandra '07Lite. It can't even find a sensor for me to do a burn in and monitor temps, etc. I've tried BIOS 15 and 16 to no avail. Anyone else have a similar experience? I'm running a mild overclock now, but when I get more money I'm gonna go a bit more extreme. I'm as far as I can go on stock air, and need a new cooling solution, and some reliable figures.

ABIT AB9
E6400 @3.2GHz (400X8) vcore 1.325V Stock Intel HSF
GEIL Ultra PC2-800 @ PC2-1000, cpu:ram is 4:5, 2.3V, 5-5-5-13-2T
evga 7800GT 519/1113
3 Hour burn Stress Prime 2004 Orthos beta full load, 64C core temp, 46C Idle??? 8 hour memtest86+

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sensor-issues-with-abit-ab9.72662/
Relevancy 38.7%

I am trying to find someone that sells these. Does anyone know any companies online that sell these cables. From what i can tell Newegg doesn't so i figure if they dont there gonna be hard to find. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Relevancy 38.7%

Neither the fingerprint sensor or the HP SimplePass software are working after a recent Windows 10 update. Tried updating, repairing, reinstalling both the Validity Sensor driver as well as the SimplePass software but it still does not work. Read many posts in these forums and tried various suggested solutions but none of them solved the problem.

A:Fingerprint Sensor does not work

#HPExpertDayThese should help:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03718240andhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653209Workd for Win 10 too.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fingerprint-Sensor-does-not-work/td-p/5625648
Relevancy 38.7%

Alright so I got a rather strange topic that has been in my head the last couple of years I just never posted or said anything about this on a forum or to someone else I just thought I d finally share it and this place seems to be a great place to find a possible answer to a problem I had with my old system that I was never able to solve Is it possible to actually corrupt a temp sensor possible? is Temp corruption, it CPU sensor reading when using different kinds of temp reading software I know its an odd question I tried doing a google search on this awhile back and i think i found only one thread on another forum where a person actually corrupted his readings Lemme explain I had my old system of xp on an A V I ve had that system for yrs During CPU Temp sensor corruption, is it possible? that time I noticed my temps go slowly higher and higher Despite changing the heatsink with about different kinds of heatsinks and reapplying with many different kinds of thermal materials including AS as well as other AS products I even used thermal padding that came with the HSFs every single re-installation of the HSFs did nothing to the temp readings It always read C no matter what I did I just got so fed up I gave up in trying to lower the temps Whats CPU Temp sensor corruption, is it possible? pretty funny is that during the entire time I was using my xp system I had no problems during those years Surely if those readings were true I would of had problems A C temp reading isn t good if it was real is it Thats not even gaming or during the SUMMMER Yet I had no problems I even gamed when my system was near C one time during the summer with no problems So I think I had a corrupted temp reading on the A V Because in the beginning when I first had it the temps were about C lower the temps started to gradually rise slowly during the years as I started to use a ridiculous amount of temp reading software at the time I first had my system because I was such a nut in terms of cpu temps giddy there were times I accidentally used temp readings by mistake and it would throw the temp readings off so much it would warn me of dangerous readings each temp reader telling me my cpu temps were at unrealistic levels And my voltage and fans were running at one time it read my fans running at digits Now I know what your gonna say I hear it all the time quot Maybe you installed in the HSFs improperly or to much paste not enough paste quot etc etc etc I ve heard it all suspiciou I ve done this so many times I m sure I installed in the HSs fine Heck my temp readings for my new rig is at average C on my first try when I assembled my new system together How can I get the readings on my new system fine with shot while my older system I couldn t fix for years I don t know tell me what you guys think knock nbsp

A:CPU Temp sensor corruption, is it possible?

Since those sensors are probably the type that change electrical conductivity with heat to ascertain a 'temperature', it is a high probability that many do indeed fail over a period of time.

It would not surprise me in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-sensor-corruption-is-it-possible.76543/
Relevancy 38.7%

I tried to download and install SIW, but it's not compatible with this OS. Has anybody found a work around or a nice substitute? I grabbed the trial version of AIDA64 and it works well with 8, but it's just a 30 day trial version.

A:SIW system sensor monitoring

Hmmm.

Well, if it is isn't too geeky for you, you can try SIV.

SIV - System Information Viewer

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/6607-siw-system-sensor-monitoring.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Goodday,who ever may answer my predicament,I want to start using fingerprint password for my system.I went to check my device manager and found out my validity sensor is up to date but I really do not know what to do from there,pls can you send me the steps to take

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/BIOMETRIC-VADILITY-SENSOR/td-p/5637710
Relevancy 38.7%

Recently my omnipass fingerprint swipe for my passwords isnt working. the program doesnt open when i try to open it or when my computer starts. also, the button inbetween the left and right clicker on my laptop, the button that can be pressed to scroll up and down, isnt working either. These both happened after the same restart. Thanks

A:Omnipass Fingerprint Sensor

Also, Windows defender wont open.
I tried updating my symantec antivirus and this message came up saying something is corrupted??? :
The following Symantec products and components are installed on your computer.
> Avenge MicroDefs25 SavCorp10
> LiveUpdate
> Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Client

Initializing...
Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
Downloading catalog file (1 of 4), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (2 of 4), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (3 of 4), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (4 of 4), complete.
Opening update list
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list

The following updates have been aborted:
> Avenge MicroDefs25 SavCorp10 has 1 aborted update(s).
Reason:
LU1847: LiveUpdate could not determine if there is an update for this product because the update list for this product is corrupted.

LiveUpdate session is complete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/omnipass-fingerprint-sensor.680229/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey everyone hope everyone is ready for winter! So here's the deal. I upgraded my HP Pavilion DV6 to Windows 8.1 (OEM) from Windows 7 Home Premium and having some issues with my Validity Sensor not working or showing up on "Other Sign in options" but it shows up in the device manager. I have updated the drivers for it and it still isn't working. Sooooooooo I'm wondering if it's not compatible with Windows 8.1?

A:Validity Sensor not working.

Unless HP has a driver for that device, so it will work with Windows 8.1, you may have to stick with Windows 7. You can try and see if Windows 8 will allow you to load the Windows 7 driver from HP's support site for your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56892-validity-sensor-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

My 6800GT's temp reads: 52C (GPU) at idle, i was wondering if my sensor was innaccurate or my card is just running hot.

It sits in a Tsunami Dream, with a Zalman heatsink on it as well as ramsinks and an extra 80mm fan underneath.

Why should my card be so hot? does it matter if it gets hot? Its never artifacted.

Any knowledge is appriciated,

Alex

A:my 6800GT's temp sensor

GPUs run a lot hotter than CPUs and chipsets. That temp is actually very good for a 6800GT, and nothing to worry about.

Cheers!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-6800gts-temp-sensor.44128/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

I've been having this issue since yesterday morning. I have been trying to update the driver for my Validity Sensor (VFS451)
(fingerprint scanner) to the newest version so Windows Hello activates.

I have an EliteBook 8740w, WIndows 10. I've installed drivers from many, many different websites, and tried so many different methods. I got on the WIndows Catalog and downloaded the .cab file for it, no luck there. I try uninstalling it from 2.3.0.0 and some how, it always comes back. I turn off my internet so it doesn't auto install and try installing manually from the driver folder, no luck. I've uninstalled it from Programs and Features and still, no luck.

Any solutions? Any help is appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44694-validity-sensor-driver.html
Relevancy 38.7%

The sign in options settings are not showing an option for fingerprint set up or even the Windows Hello setup option. I have installed the validity fingerprint sensor driver but even then the problem is same.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Sign-In-With-Fingerprint-sensor-Not-Available/td-p/5686303
Relevancy 38.7%

As you can see from the below Everest v2.2 report extract, my CPU temp reads at 33C, surely that's wrong? It's been like this for ages I've just not been bothered to ask anyone about it, but I'd like to know. All the software I have gives me the same reading, so why is the CPU's thermistor reading wrong? And is it the thermistor, or is it Windows reading it wrong?...Oh and, what's this "Aux" temperature I have? I really have no clue. lol.

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type ITE IT8705F (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Driver (NV-DRV)

Temperatures:
Motherboard 37 C (99 F)
CPU 33 C (91 F)
Aux 47 C (117 F)
GPU 54 C (129 F)
Maxtor 6L300S0 42 C (108 F)
Maxtor 6V300F0 43 C (109 F)

Relevancy 38.7%

Is anyone experience some odd temperature diode changes in SpeedFan?
I have set sensor diode 1,2,3 to thermistor diode, PII diode, thermistor diode. Even though the settings have been saved sometimes the diode setting is changed to a different setting. My memory is not overclocked, but my CPU is and stable. I don't think it's my memory since I have not noticed any similar cases of this with other apps paremeters getting changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speedfan-temp-sensor.618492/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all!1) Is the integrated color sensor worth paying money (currently $70) for in either the P50 or P70?  I have heard conflicting reports with some saying it helps their colors, others say it hurts, still others saying just an ICC profile will fix their screen colors....2) Could the sensor be used with third-party or opensource software?3) Can it reduce bleed (if any exists)?Those of you who have it, would you spend the money again? Or would you just go without?  Blacks being blacks and grays being gray (and neither of them blueish-whatever) is very important to me.

-----------IBM T40: XP PRO SP3, 14.1" 4:3 display, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, ThinkLight, DVD.Lenovo Ideacentre H215: AMD Athlon II X2 215, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64-bit Win7, AMD 760G.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Is-the-color-sensor-worth-it-P50-P70/td-p/3388059
Relevancy 38.7%

A few days ago, a strange bug occurred on my laptop; my fan started working at 100% output. Even when the temperature was 30c.

Now, that is not the problem, rather it was something I wished my computer could do.

After restarting my computer, the problem was fixed (I always put my laptop to sleep rather than shut it down).

Now, I want to find out how it bugged to repeat the process and have it work 100% or find a way to trick the heat sensor to have my fan work at 100% again. Open to suggestions about this.
Also, I don't have access to it from anywhere, neither Speedfan, nor BIOS settings.

Thanks

A:Is it possible to trick a heat sensor?

I would look again in the BIOS Setup Menu. Perhaps under PC Health or something similar. You typically can enable a "cool and quiet" feature that manages fan speed control based on the CPU's temps. If disabled, the fan generally (and should) default to running full speed.

If cannot find it, you need to post your notebook specs.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56621-possible-trick-heat-sensor.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Here is the deal I had XP installed and needed a reformat Shortly before I decided to install Windows Vista x Edition as a secondary OS When I had both installed I decided that I really liked Vista and I wanted to delete XP so I did A few hours later Vista would not respond I rebooted Worked fine for a minute before crashing Tried again Same Thing I am on Crash...Bad Sensor? XP Vista and the computer with XP running But it crashed a few minutes ago I was transfering backup files and downloading from the web I recently went into my BIOS and saw that my SYSTEM FAN was at RPM I looked inside my case while the PC was off then turned it on and saw that the fan was spinning but I do not know how fast XP and Vista Crash...Bad Sensor? I thought it was running fine so I disregarded it I think that this is an overheating chipset problem but I do not know how to be sure I want to get my mobo RMA ed soon if it is that Any Suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor and when I look at the temps it fluctualates a lot depeneding on if I put it on standby or shut it down. Like when I have it shut down and then start it, it is in the high 30 or low 40 Celcius. And it may go up a bit (tops 50) if I am playing games, but then it comes back down. Now if I take it out of standby (only RAM gets power) it starts at mid 50's (it won't go any lower) and can go up to 60 when playing games. I read somewhere that the sensors don't always work propely so is this the case here?

Relevancy 38.7%
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,I bought the laptop with Windows8 on it. At the time the login via fingerprint worked quite well, sometimes the sensor was not blinking and using it nothing appened...at the end of the day I had to use the login via password.I week ago I updated my OS to Windows 10, since then the fingerprint login is not available any more (the sensor does not blink...)..let's say it works 5% of the times.This is quite annoying. Do you have any suggestionthank you in advanceMatteo

A:After startup the fingerprint sensor is not available (does ...

humm not sure if i got it .. but if you upgraded your windows to 10 .. you need to re install the fingerprint driver i had this issue on my laptop i installed the latest driver and its working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/After-startup-the-fingerprint-sensor-is-not-available-does/td-p/5620122
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello HP Forums nbsp I recently reset the OS on my laptop to default settings and data and Missing Brake HDD and Sensor? I have done this with success Missing HDD Brake and Sensor? on other computers but one problem occured with my laptop that I've never had before The reset seems to have removed or disabled my Hard Drive brake sensor nbsp The HDD sensor is supposed to kick in a brake that stops the hard drive causing less damage to the hardware if my laptop were to fall The sensor detects the fall and signals the brake accordingly nbsp Prior to the reset there was an icon in the tray that resembled a Hard Drive and whenever I scrolled over it a little tip would pop up saying something similar to The Hard Drive sensor is active This was a part of the laptop as Missing HDD Brake and Sensor? I purchased it New from HP com nbsp Now I'm afraid the Missing HDD Brake and Sensor? sensor may be inactive or missing Or at least the software behind it I'm not sure how to re-enable it and I've had no luck in internet searches prior to this post Any help at all would be appreciated nbsp Thank you Cameron Davenport

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Missing-HDD-Brake-and-Sensor/td-p/5644840
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently refreshed my pc which led to unistalling of my fingerprint sensor of my laptop.!!! Now I am not able to find the driver for my fingerprint sensor. Any help will be highly appreciated.!!!On the uninstalled apps the information about the driver is as follows:Validity WBF DDF-Validity Sensors, Inc.-4.5.228.0

A:Fingerprint sensor for my laptop.

@R_Chauhan? System Website Driver Support Pages:HP ENVY Notebook - 15-k112tx Find the Validity Sensor Driver in CategoryDriver - Keyboard, Mouse, and Input Devices > Validity Fingerprint Sensor Drive sp72143.exe (26.0 MB) Full Information and Download:Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver  When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Fingerprint-sensor-for-my-laptop/td-p/5833067
Relevancy 38.7%
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey I got the ASUS A7N8X-X MoBo and I was reading the manual and noticed that, it has a jumper for the Power Supply Thermal Sensor. I have a thermal sensor I found in a box of PC parts and I was wondering if I could use that instead of a Power Supply Themal Sensor? And if so how, is there special software I would have to DL or buy?
I already tried just plugging it in to the jumpers, in hope that it would show up on ASUS probe, but it didn't work so I thought I'd ask you guys if you knew how to set it up right.
Thanks any help you may give,
D.E.

Relevancy 38.7%

OK have read a few web site info about temp sensors most cover desktops and a few touch on laptops Well I have been monitoring the temp of my CPU and I have found the C is the max temp Well not knowing it I play UT on high performance setting and Temp Sensor??? Hardware it reached a high temp of which I think means I either have the wrong sensor reading or AMD doesn't know the top temp cause at I would think I should Hardware Temp Sensor??? have fried my CPU since I was playing for at least mins So I am basicly asking for help on finding the right Temp sensor and program to monitor it and if possible warn Hardware Temp Sensor??? me in some way or put the laptop into sleep mode if it temp reaches to high I have my specs filled out and using Core temp which was recommended to me Also please explain in simple terms please the doctors have me on mg morphine IR and muscles relaxers so I need it simple right now LOL I will try and find the sites I visited if that would help Oh and any info that might be need I will find and post as this heat issue concerns me CPU ID x F revision LG-B VID v -set to high perf vid v set to balanced CPU running Hardware Temp Sensor??? at I think I got my request across the best I could Thanks for reading this and any help I can get

A:Hardware Temp Sensor???

HWMonitor, RealTemp, SpeedFan, are ones I have used. I really don't like speedfan but it's the only one that will read some CPUs I have found. HWMonitor is good but none are always right. None are completely dependable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30010-hardware-temp-sensor.html
Relevancy 38.7%

So I have an HP Envy 15 j111tx.I have Windows 10(64-bit) installed on my computer, I want to log on to my computer by using the fingerprint scanner, but it won't work. I will swipe my finger and it won't even light up. I don't know what to do and I dont want to do something to make it worse.  PLEASE HELP!!!!HP Envy user

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Fingerprint-sensor-isn-t-working/td-p/5806331
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm having a really weird problem. When I click an url from within a browser--and it's non-browser/non-OS specific--the temperature of my machine spikes and drops with alarming rapidity. I'm not sure it's possible for a CPU to rise and drop ten degree in two seconds, so I'm guessing it's a dodgy sensor. Or is there another answer?

So standing temperature is around 35, I click a link, it spikes to sometimes 47, before dropping back to 35. Here's a link showing you what I mean...

The reason I'm asking is because I can return my machine for another nine days and either get my money back or receive a replacement. If it's dodgy, I'll take it back. If this however happens to a lot of people and I've just not experienced it before, now's the time to let me know.

I'd appreciate any feedback, you handsome devils.

Relevancy 38.7%

I am looking into a themometer for our server rack. I'd like to be able to measure the temp of the server's CPU, as well as the ambient temp of the rack enclosure itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Heat sensor for servers

something like this
http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/62/416.htm?643

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/heat-sensor-for-servers.149467/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey all A few people here turned me on to the AIDA person system information software and I ve got to say its pretty neat But over in the temp sensor section I can not figure out what the AUX temp sensor is measuring I checked my bios double checked my monitoring program PC alet and even started up fuzzylogic just to see if any of these aux sensor temp AIDA32 had an additional sensor I wasn t aware of Here is my AIDA32 aux temp sensor concern Motherboard temp C F CPU C F AUX C ZIONKS SHAGGY Both the mobo and CPU temps are exactly to PC Alert and are what I expect to see normally By ambient case temp is F just to confuse you a little more Cooling has never really been a concern The hottest by P ever ran was and that was OCd at so I have no idea where is number could of come from but its a little too toasty for my likes Any ideas nbsp

A:AIDA32 aux temp sensor

I assumed that Aux Temp referred to the Power Supply Unit.

Just checked mine :

Mobo - 24 C
CPU - 48 C
Aux - 21 C

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aida32-aux-temp-sensor.133310/
Relevancy 38.7%

My laptop just had the screen replaced by HP Support. When it came back the gryo sensor (I guess) and the SD Card no longer work. I.e. In tablet mode the keyboard does not turn off and the screen does not rotate and the SD Card doesn't show up in device manager or recognize any cards.  Additionally, I cannot update the WLAN Windows 10 Driver via the HP Help App. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Sensor-and-SD-Card-not-Working/td-p/5710509
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey,

I'm just looking at new fan controller with temp sensor. Another one i had was of lower quality but there was a real difference between the CPU temperature on the controller and that in Everest.

So the question is were exactly is the best place to put the CPU sensor. Ive heard its bad to put it in the heat sink of the CPU cooler so were is a good place.

I know you'll say they are just not very reliable but i would like to make it as reliable as possible.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-controller-cpu-temp-sensor.128499/
Relevancy 38.7%

Looking for a low cost implementation to post ambient temperature readings from a sensor to servers via a COTS router.
1) Have a temperature sensor connected to a micro controller which sends data via a Wifi Module with a TCP/IP Stack to servers 2) Have a temperature sensor communicated via Zigbee to a coordinator that is plugged into a router and communicates with the servers.
Would like to keep the cost of the solution below $20. Another constraint is the battery life. Wifi modules with TCP/IP consume more power and cost more.
What particular devices/chips/microcontrollers would you recommend to solve my data communication problem and fit within my budget?And I found some at http://www.kynix.com/Product/Cate/123.html ,are they suitable?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441063-wireless-sensor-internet.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I bought a new case. Pretty good (should be with it's hefty price tag of 65 ($130))

It has a HDD and CPU temperature sensor connected to the front screen. I have two hard drives so I just wedges the HDD sensor between the two hard drive, lovely job.

Where do I poke the CPU sensor to get a reading of CPU temp?

I'm confused

Thanks
-Jack

Relevancy 38.7%

My T440 has an issue where the keyboard, mouse trackpad/trackpoint, and LCD all don't work. However, the mouse, keyboard, and display are all working perfectly with external USB/VGA devices, and the keyboard lights up during the boot. I am able to log in via the fingerprint scanner. This makes me think that maybe the lid sensor is convinced that it's closed. Is this a reasonable hypothesis? What are my options for fixing this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440-issue-lid-sensor/td-p/3338402
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, I recently bought my IdeaPad Y400. I've had it for a couple of months and it has been wonderful to me up until this point. The mouse pad's sensor picks up my fingers when I'm using one finger to move the mouse around the screen.  However, just recently it cannot detect my two fingers and reacts to my two finger scrolling as if it were my one finger moving the mouse.  The weird part is scrolling is the only problem. If I tap the sensor pad it still recognizes me wanting to click the mouse. Please help! Thank you in advance 

A:Mouse sensor not scrolling

Dear Clemilishablee

Welcome in Lenovo Forums

Please follow the below steps ,

1- Please go to Control Panel and then Mouse, you?ll see a Device Settings tab, where you can click the Settings button to get into the advanced settings page.

2- Head to Scrolling ?> Two-Finger Scrolling on the left-hand side, where you can enable vertical or horizontal scrolling with two fingers?you?ll probably want to enable the Edge Motion setting as well, which keeps scrolling when your fingers hit the edge of your touchpad.

3- Then to Press on Apply

Please let me know if the issue still persist

Thanks
Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Mouse-sensor-not-scrolling/td-p/1151379
Relevancy 38.7%

(I'm just getting up to speed with my new P70, and I have several questions due to problems I'm running into, so I've decided to post each in a separate thread since answers to one will be of no interest to people having a different problem). I've installed all the updates that Lenovo's software center offers, as well as several from the website that aren't offered this way (like the v16 Thunderbolt firmware upgrade). I can run the Pantone Calibration software, but it fails with a honk saying it can't connect to the color calibration sensor. I see no mention of the calibrator in Device Manager either, and when I run the Sensor Replacement Utility, just to see what happens, it says: "Color sensor not found". How do I fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-with-Win-7-Color-sensor-not-detected/td-p/3480498
Relevancy 38.7%

Im doing a new build and my new case has some fan sensors I haven't ever seen before. The first fan is the input air fan which blows into the hard drive rack on the front of the system and the second is the main back exhaust fan. All fans are working ok but each one has a Temp? sensor on about an eight inch lead. Where do these need to be placed? Should they hang in mid air or the input one be taped to the back of a hard drive while the output air one could be taped to the graphic card heatsinc? The processor fan doesn't have the extra lead and is working fine.

A:new case, fan sensor question.

Lurker1 said:

Im doing a new build and my new case has some fan sensors I haven't ever seen before. The first fan is the input air fan which blows into the hard drive rack on the front of the system and the second is the main back exhaust fan. All fans are working ok but each one has a Temp? sensor on about an eight inch lead. Where do these need to be placed? Should they hang in mid air or the input one be taped to the back of a hard drive while the output air one could be taped to the graphic card heatsinc? The processor fan doesn't have the extra lead and is working fine. Click to expand...

yup what you said. tape em up! ;?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-case-fan-sensor-question.317851/
Relevancy 38.7%

buenas... hace no mucho me decidid actulizar a windows 10. e intentado varias veces instalar los sofware de controlador para el sensor biometrico pero no hay caso. eh revisado los controladores y se encuentra en perfecto estado. alguien mas se encuentra con este problema? alguien me recomendaria algun software?... desde ya muchas gracias 

A:sensor Biometric windows 10

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Frum dos usurios HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/sensor-Biometric-windows-10/td-p/5764072
Relevancy 38.7%

I think my phone doesn't carry pureview sensor....... I'm using Lumia 535 DS..... I know every phone has a specific camera sensor.... Like Lumia 950 xl has pureview sensor in its camera..... But what sensor does my lumia 535 have? Exmor or OmniVision?? Does any one know? I didn't find any clear result searching on google!!!!

A:What is the name of my phone's camera sensor?

Unless Microsoft has specified, I doubt that we would know.
According to the specs page, they have not shared so we have no idea. http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=4OUHPGrw

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444612-what-name-my-phones-camera-sensor.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I got this new case and it came with a temp. sensor (lcd on front of case). I want to place it on my GPU but I don't know exactly where the best spot would be. Any suggestions?

A:Temp. Sensor placement

?

Need more details.Is this a CPU cooler ?
Anyhow it should have install instructions.
You do mean "CPU" don't you ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-sensor-placement.100218/
Relevancy 38.7%

Simple question......I purchased a Aspire Turbo case w/ temp display. Where is the best location for the temp sensor wire to be placed??

A:Temperature Sensor Locations

Place it wherever you want to measure the temperature.

If you want the case temp, place it towards the upper case area.
If you want to measure video card temperature, place it on the video card heatsink
If you want to measure CPU temp. place it on the CPU heatsink.

Etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temperature-sensor-locations.272643/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys so like many others I am having problems with Windows 's adaptive brightness feature It's really starting to bug me so I've tried to disable it I don't have the Disable Adaptive Brightness menu as Sensor Can't Monitoring Service disable described in this fix so I followed these instructions After disabling and turning off my laptop for the first time after changing these settings can't find how to restart my laptop's screen just went black and shut down instead of going to the quot Windows is shutting down quot screen Upon turning my laptop back on I got the blue screen error KMODE Can't disable Sensor Monitoring Service EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and the laptop proceeded to do a C drive scan and repair After my desktop finally loaded I found the adaptive brightness problem not fixed and that Windows did not accept my change to the Sensor Monitoring Service it went back to Manual start up type instead of Disabled So I tried again and while shutting down the screen went black again I didn't get the KMODE error upon startup but my desktop still didn't save the Disabled option change So I still have an adaptive brightness problem Anyone know how to fix this Help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I managed to disable it but my screen is still dimming the brightness every so often Not sure what its problem is

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/29864-cant-disable-sensor-monitoring-service.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am using a very cheap receiver from Amazon with the PC Remote Control drivers provided by Eventghost. From my other readings the best way to identify the remote is the presence of "www.tigerfly.com" in the GUID.

My problem is this. When I put the computer to sleep and begin watching another source, the commands from the television remote are detected by the IR receiver and wake the PC.
Is there any way to select which signals would wake the computer?
I currently have the power management settings configured to not allow the IR receiver to wake the computer and use the power button to wake it, but this is not ideal.
Thanks in advance.

A:IR Remote sensor wakes up HTPC

Hi JCoder01,

I actually want an IR receiver that wake the PC on any IR activity! Could you please post a link to that model you have bought from Amazon?

Thanks!
PW

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252485-ir-remote-sensor-wakes-up-htpc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

HI BRO...MY LAPTOP IS ... Laptop-hp dv6 2005ax ..IT HAS FINGER SENCOR BUT IT IS NOT WORKING..I REINSTALD IY ..THOUGH IT IS NOT WORKING PLS SUGGEST ME ANY IDEA IF U HAV...WAITING FOR A REPLY...

A:Fingerprint sensor not working on laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by manasthehunck

HI BRO...MY LAPTOP IS ... Laptop-hp dv6 2005ax ..IT HAS FINGER SENCOR BUT IT IS NOT WORKING..I REINSTALD IY ..THOUGH IT IS NOT WORKING PLS SUGGEST ME ANY IDEA IF U HAV...WAITING FOR A REPLY...

Hello Welcome to SF,

Go over here and download the drivers for it see whether it works HP Pavilion dv6-2005ax Entertainment Notebook PC

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/65316-fingerprint-sensor-not-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

It was working just last night and when I woke up and used it this morning it was not working anymore, No one used it when I was asleep since I keep it in a safe place every time I am done using it. The mouse also has no support forums or technical support. Here are what I have tried:

Model: Dragon War Leviathan ELE-G1 USB Laser Gaming Mouse
Different computer (Windows 8)
Re-installation
Restarting pc
Cleaning the mouse
Using different USB ports (usb 2 and usb 3)
Using a usb extension
Giving it a tap on the floor (LOL)

Its a cheap gaming mouse for about $10 and is just a few months old... I guess you get what you paid for... But it will still try anything to get it to work, pls help me THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

A:Mouse buttons are working but not the sensor

Hello Ian mate I found this if it of any help http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/X...tonControl.htm

and it might be as well to take it apart and have a look if the first bit isn't of any value. Just look for loose wiring or even parts that not connected see pic it is very general but will give you some idea of what you are looking at or for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320664-mouse-buttons-working-but-not-sensor.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey members,

After a clean installed of my Sony Viao S Laptop, I have noticed that my ambient light sensor is not working.

I can rule out that it is not my keyboard's backlight not working as I can permanently leave it on, but as soon as I set it as turns on in a dark room, it doesn't work..

Any help? I am stumped..

A:Ambient Light Sensor Not Working

Installed Sony's drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318466-ambient-light-sensor-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello there. Can someone please help me in my attempt to get my fingerprint sensor operating correctly. I think I have the drivers, however, there doesn't seem to be any way to launch an install program or setup the sensor for use. Please help...I have heard something about "credentials manager" but I can't find that either and also "protech tools" another file/program I just don't seem to have. Please help ???

A:Help w/ fingerprint sensor; HP Compaq 6910p...

When did the problem begin, for you? From the onset, and if your computer is new, I suggest that you call HP.

Did you install OS & software from HP disks, or use HP's system recovery, or a set of HP recovery disks?

What is your firewall?

IBM Thinkpad, now Lenovo Thinkpad laptops with fingerprint sensors failed, 18 months ago, with Zone Alarm. About a yr after switching to XP's FW, the finger print reader stopped working. I called Lenovo. They determined that the reader was working, but the software was not working. They offered advice, which failed. AND, because the problem was software, the problem did not warrant a visit by an IBM / Lenovo tech.

You are not alone. Hopefully, this HP forum will help you.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...957&prodSeriesId=3357377&tx=6910p fingerprint

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-w-fingerprint-sensor-hp-compaq-6910p.801316/
Relevancy 38.27%

so i keep getting this even after reinstalling windows

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

-
System

-
Provider

[ Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

[ Guid]
{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x8000000000000000

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2015-01-26T22:38:02.413831900Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
System

Computer
patrick

-
Security

[ UserID]
S-1-5-18

-
EventData

DriverNameLength

DriverName
SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice

Status

FailureNameLength

FailureName
\Driver\WudfRd

Version

does anyone know what causes it and how i can fix it?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60694-sensor-driver-error-kernel-219-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I got an acer travelmate 6465WLMi running 64-bit Windows 7 and after some digging around I managed to get the smartcard and 4 in 1 cardreader to work with drivers from a different travelmate.
Only problem I have now is that I can't find any 64-bit drivers for the fingerprint sensor. When I went to check the first time device manager showed it as an SMSC fingerprint sensor but checking their site didn't help at all, does anyone know a working driver?

*edit*
minor update :
http://www.authentec.com/win7beta64.cfm didn't work although one site mentioned they're used in acer laptops...guess not in mine

A:Travelmate 6465 - fingerprint sensor

Hi Smashy,

Give this a try. Not sure whether it will work, but it's worth a try.

AcerPanAm.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4877-travelmate-6465-fingerprint-sensor.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm looking to buy memory for my server. Should I buy the one which has a Thermal Sensor? I don't know anything about this.

The one with the thermal sensor is a few dollars cheaper then the regular memory. Is that weird?

Which is better? What do you think?

Thanks

A:Server Memory with Thermal Sensor

I have to say that I don't believe that memory overheating has ever been a reliability issue in any of the servers I've built or maintained. Frankly, thermal sensors on memory strike me as just another "Gee this is cool but mostly useless" technology.

Still, I'd be looking more at the performance specs of the memory and the brand. I tend to buy Crucial, Patriot, and Corsair memory mostly, along with some Kingston and PNY. I'm sure you already know that putting higher performance memory in your system along side slower memory won't deliver a performance boost, and some boards may not work well with high-performance memory. Generally, I'd just try to get a close match for what you already have in the system, and not worry about thermal sensors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-memory-with-thermal-sensor.973332/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello and many thanks for taking time to view this thread and I would like to thank anyone that takes the time to help me with this very very annoying problem.

I am running Vista OS, my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1710

I cannot use the touch pad pointer due to having restricted use of my arm so the mouse is extremely important to me.

My mouse optical sensor stopped working altogether, so I brought a new HP mouse and guess what, the mouse buttons and scrolling wheel work but the optical red sensor light wont work. This is the 3rd mouse so obviously the system or something.

I have checked the mouse drivers are up to date but at a complete loss now if someone can please help.

many thanks again

A:Optical sensor on mouse will not work

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Sounds like its a bad mouse. I would ask whom ever you bought it from to refund you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/optical-sensor-on-mouse-will-not-work-679378.html
Relevancy 38.27%

hi guys my wifes cpu temp is saying its 85 c in asus pc probe2 i know this obviously wrong but unsure what to do with it
is this a sensor problem dose the biios need flashing or somthing all cores are currently unlocked and i belive the fan is running to high as it belives the temp is 85 c the fan is running at 6492rpm..ps the comp is running fine other than high fan speed and incorrect reading
the computer is at default bios settings not overclocked other than core unlocker on thanks
phenom 955 BE
asus m4n68t-mv2

Relevancy 38.27%

I am looking at a PCI compensating control to keep a workstation session active if staff are located in very close proximity to the workstation. I was told that there may be a proximity sensor device that plugs into the USB port on the computer and the user would then carry a device that communicated with the with the sensor to keep the session from a network enforced screensaver. Any advise on this matter would be much appreciated. I've tried a Google search and found some devices that would lock out a terminal, but not keep one to keep the session active.

A:Proximity sensor to keep session active

Welcome gwr477.

Perhaps something like USB Ultrasonic Proximity Sensors from MaxBotix Inc. may be for you? You could always send them an email to ask their device(s) could provide what you are after.

By 'keep a workstation active', do you mean to stop the screen brightness going dim or the screen going off?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/proximity-sensor-to-keep-session-active-695900.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi nbsp Brightness Adaptive issue sensor I have a Aspire V - running windows nbsp My screen wont turn off auto brightness adjust so it keeps dimming in and out light Adaptive Brightness sensor issue to dark every minute highly annoying this I believe is due to the adaptive brightness sesnor on the laptop nbsp I went to battery settings change plan settings and advanced options and then turned off enable adaptive brightness when Adaptive Brightness sensor issue plugged in or not However it still does it even with this feature turned off so I think maybe its something on my laptop doing this also nbsp I tried running on different battery plans high performance and balanced and it still happens nbsp nbsp I have also disabled the sensor monitoring service via the nbsp services msc but it still dims out the brightness dims when I minimize a browser to desktop then brightnes back up when i load the browser or some other application Thank you very much for any input Solved Go to Solution

A:Adaptive Brightness sensor issue

It's completely fine to uninstall Acer Power Management, I personally consider it bloatware. As per: When I open Intel(R) HD graphics pannel go to power and then disable the 'power saving technology and click apply then ok' this works for awhile however when ever i remove the power supply and re connect it re enables it does not stay unticked. That would be the power settings changing as the power state changes (plugged in or not). I usually fix this by creating a custom power plan and defaulting to that. If you have a hard time let me know and I'll see if I can come up with anything. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Adaptive-Brightness-sensor-issue/td-p/165655/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello.when are they expecting to include the drivers for finger print recognition and hp protective tools to operating systems like windows 8 and windows 10.this is because its like the feature has no use as per now and its been long since there is no solution yet.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Finger print sensor not working

Hello, Please install the HP Client Security Manager first using the link below: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_152827_1  And then install the HP Fingerprint Scanner Drive using this link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5045445&swItemId=ob_134806_1&swEnvOid=4158  Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Finger-print-sensor-not-working/td-p/5280006
Relevancy 38.27%

hello,i am using HP 6510B, nd i want to turn off the finger print sensor device. Can any one suggest the steps for it?

A:Turn Off Finger Print Sensor

Hi, You can disable the device as follows. Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, open up Biometric Devices, right click the Validity Sensor and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then click the Disable button.  Click OK in all open windows and then restart the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Turn-Off-Finger-Print-Sensor/td-p/803765