Windows Support Forum

NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Q: NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear Forum,

I have had an ASUS n551jk for about five months now and am very pleased with it. I keep it clean by running malware checks every week en clearing out my folders. However, since a month or 2, my laptop has started booting up after closing the lid.

In the settings it is configured that when I close the lid the laptop should go to sleep, which it does. But quite often when I take my laptop out of its cover after I haven't used it for a while it is piping hot and the battery is empty; obviously, the laptop has rebooted itself.

I have checked whether this is caused by my network configuration, which is not the case. I fear that the overheating when my laptop reboots while in its cover may damage its performance, so I am looking for a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

A:Laptop reboots itself after closing the lid. Need help!

Firstly I want to point out a Laptop should never be placed in a sleeve if it is not turned off.
Secondly the problem can be caused by a Microsoft service running that momentarily starts, to look for updates etc.
Make sure Windows Update is turned off, or even better, turn the Laptop off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-reboots-itself-after-closing-the-lid-need-help-1000241.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This strange thing keeps happening from time to time sometimes weeks in between sometimes within the same minutes The preface When a movie NOT ANY OTHER MEDIA FILE reaches it s credits I tend to close the media player like everybody else would In Windows Mediaplayer I don t bother with the STOP button before tapping the little quot x quot to close the entire thing in PowerDVD I do before hitting the EXIT The thing Machine reboots instantly upon closing either media player NO PROBLEMS WITH THE MOVIE ITSELF OR THE SOFTWARE PLAYBACK WORKS PERFECTLY ALL PROGRAMM FUNCTIONS DO The Background Win k latest SPs and Updates ASUS A N X-X Nforce Ultra MB Kingston approved Athlon no overclocking tweaking whatsoever Windows Media Player or tried both on different installations PowerDVD or WinDVD - quot - BSPlayer necessary hand-selected video codecs and filters no codec packs or such suicide stuff Nero Suite What I ve heard so far from ppl I told my story POSSIBLY Nero ver x x x x Suite as it contains the highly problematic InCD or Easywrite Reader POSSIBLY closing WinMediaplayer Reboots upon or PowerDVD the sometimes buggy quot Web content quot preview window in the Win k Explorer which shows little thumbnails of pics as well as movies POSSIBLY chipset drivers done up to date n running POSSIBLY codec messup nope as I am a professional in that matter nbsp

A:Reboots upon closing WinMediaplayer or PowerDVD

You forgot, possible directdraw or overlay problem with video, directmedia, or directX drivers. Also, load newest video card drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboots-upon-closing-winmediaplayer-or-powerdvd.273368/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi! My brand new T460s (20FAS29T00) running Windows 8.1 Pro with lastes updates from Microsoft and Lenovo, reboots from time to time after I close the lid.I've checked the forums and I found a lot of similira cases for older models but not a single solution for that.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-reboots-unexpected-after-closing-the-lid/td-p/3460168
Relevancy 56.33%

I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at times while I'm listening to music. Why is this happening? I kept thinking that system updates would eventually resolve the issue, but they haven't, despite many updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/70164-windows-10-apps-keep-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I realize this is an old post Metro apps closing but it is a current issue for Metro apps closing me I'm writing on my Mac OSX which I haven't had issues with for years nothing major like this anyway We bought our kids Toshiba laptops for Christmas for homeschooling and they both have Windows It's only January and I've had several issues with them The latest is the same as described in the last post quot I have an administrator account and another account It is just a home Metro apps closing desktop My admin account has the issue of any Metro app minimizing after - seconds but the other account is able to access them quot My son's account can access the apps and play Minecraft I was able to access the apps on the Admin account until I installed Uniblue Registry Booster and ran it However I did the same to my daughters computer and it is working fine So I don't think Metro apps closing it is RB I have tried System Restore at different restore points and those didn't work Same problem I tried System Refresh That also didn't work Same problem I'm at a loss of what to do except get my back and save up for a MacBook But any help here would be VERY much appreciated BTW I've been through some computer classes but not anywhere near the level most of you are at I'll let you know if your responses are over my head though Thanks Oh I should also mention that when I go into the app menu most of the tile apps have an X in the bottom right corner When I go to the full menu almost all of them have the word quot error quot after the name including Settings I had to get into Settings another way

A:Metro apps closing

Mate, you mentioned Registry Booster! You've located the problem. As far as I can tell, 95% of people on this forum recommend never using any registry 'booster' (apart from ccleaner), and the number one reason is because it makes a system unstable, and the second is like it: it doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit.

I recommend a system Refresh or a system reset, and failing that, a complete reinstallation.

No defragmenter, reg editor, optimizer, etc. should ever be installed. Upgraded Windows OS's also have SAFE upgraded built-in tools to do the same things as the other guys' stuff (like optimize drives). See Optimize Performance for better speeds.

These are my recommendations, hope they are helpful to you! I really think the only fix for you would be in the tutorials I've suggested (System refresh, and how to optimize performance). Good luck in your quest for the solution!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59845-metro-apps-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54986-apps-closing-automatically.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I don't know if this is intended or not but my Metro apps will only completely close if I use alt f from within the app to close it If I pull the app down from the top with my mouse or Metro closing apps f4 only alt with I go to the switcher right click and click close the only thing that happens is that my Metro apps get removed from the app switcher Metro apps only closing with alt f4 and from the alt tab list Using the task manager I can see that they are still there and still using the same memory that they were before I tried to close them With alt f they disappear from the task manager and I get back the Metro apps only closing with alt f4 memory that they were using Additionally when I close them with pulling down or the switcher when I open them again from the start screen it is as if nothing had happened They still open into whatever state they were in and the splash screen with the app icon doesn't appear again like it would if the app had actually closed and been reopened This definitely seems wrong as all three options to close apps worked in Windows but in Windows only alt f works Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Metro apps only closing with alt f4

Hello The Visitor,

It has changed a bit on how to close an app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. In Windows 8.1, you will now need to wait until the app flips to show it's tile when you drag it down to close it.

Here are some more ways to close apps in Windows 8.1.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34581-metro-apps-only-closing-alt-f4.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi expert,when im playing audio or video files suddenley those are closing and sounds like"blurr burr" and it shoes that restart is requied and the pc is restarting.also using store,other apps and  games it will suddenly closing those apps without any warning or information.this shoud be horrible.im usuing HP ab219tx model with widows 10 os.please slove my problem or otherwise tell me how to conact customer for on-site warrenty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/suddenly-closing-apps/td-p/5685285
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Sir,
There is a particular Application in my PC,when i open that application it closes all the ruing application on that time and prevent opening new app while it is in use.it allows to open only task manager nothing else....please help me on the same...its an urgent...because i want to record screen of that particular software while it is ruing by using recording software for my personal use....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-an-app-from-closing-all-runing-apps-on-pc.1169534/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the 8 closing their on Apps Windows randomly own new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly would just close and take me back to the metro start screen Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I work on my pc until late at night so have several programs open plus firefox with numerous tabs. I go to bed, the pc goes to sleep, but when i come down in the morning all my programs have closed. All I see is my desktop. No error messages (as pps have mentioned). The pc come out of sleep but its like its restarted itself at some point in the night.

Its rather annoying as I will have all the programs set up ready to start work again in the morning and wont have bookmarked all the browser tabs but everything has disappeared.

It doesnt happen every night.

Thanks.

A:All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Do you have Hibernation enabled?

you may want to check the following setting in Power Options. Navigate to Power Options in Control Panel and click your power plan (usually Balanced or Power Saver). Click the Advanced power options link and look for this setting:

If the setting for On Battery is similar to mine here, change it to 0 (never). That should correct it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235112-all-apps-closing-down-overnight-when-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I Apps randomly on own Windows their closing 8 just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app would just close and take me back to the metro start screen I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello Well the problem is that the comp just reboots when playing a big app game Like World of Warcaft or when running other (mostly apps) reboots w/ big Random games although it happens allot more when I m playing WoW Note i had the BIOS reset once and after that I put in mb ram and this all started to occour so i think its the ram thats interfiering with the other one I had the famous Blue screen of death a couple of times It said something like this st one BAD POOL CALLER and then the code x c x x cd xA A x c the nd one IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL the code x A x x c Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps) x x e c Now for me thats chinese so I don t know what this all means rolleyes for the specs i will need some kind of program that can give me the details about my comp cause i don t know the exact specs of my comp blush I also have some other annoying little problems that started to occour when I resetted the BIOS Prog called Sandra told me to update my BIOS but i didn t really know how thanks anyway nbsp

A:Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps)

oke I have searched for this problem on microsoft.com and this is what if found.

microsoft result

this is only the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-mostly-w-big-apps.23968/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, whenever I open a Metro app like Weather, even after closing it using the red cross in the upper right corner (feature added in 8.1 Update), the app will keep running in the background forcing me to end it with Task Manager. Is this normal?

A:Metro apps keep running in the background after closing

Hello Antares,

Yep, when you close an app with the red X on the upper right corner it only suspends the app to the background. When an app is supended, think of it as being placed in standby mode. The app will not use any system resources if suspended. A suspended app will still sit in memory (RAM) until that memory is needed by something else in Windows 8 and is then closed automatically to free the memory. While the app is sitting in memory, it will allow the app to be loaded faster the next time you open it since it's already in memory.

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely close an app though.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48647-metro-apps-keep-running-background-after-closing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It happens when i close them which is weird my first hunch is that since i recently upgraded my comp a new hdd and new ram maybe its the cause but maybe its not anyway heres the dm log

btw the first 2nd bsod was the moment when i closed csgo then the 3rd which happened yesterday happened when i was shutting down my pc then chrome exited then bsod

edit: Got another bsod when i launched dota 2

Edit2: managed to install sp 1 now

Relevancy 55.04%

I often switch back and forth between desktop and metro apps - for example, looking something up on Chrome in desktop mode while messaging someone on my skype metro app. After around 45 seconds in desktop mode, the metro app is closed when I return! This is very frustrating as you can probably guess. Anyone encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30329-metro-apps-closing-when-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can anyone help me?

A:[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

If you have only just upgraded there may be several updates for the metro apps still happening in the background. I would wait a while, try a restart and see if the problem still exists.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52450-need-help-fix-metro-apps-keeps-closing-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I open up my Live tiles screen on my 2nd monitor. When I open an app, say facebook. All is fine. When I drag from top of screen to bottom with my mouse to close the app, it goes to desktop. Is there a way for me to go back to the Live tiles screen?

Also, is it possible to have the live tiles screen visible all times on my 2nd monitor. I use Stardocks Start8 BTW if that helps

A:Closing Metro Apps takes me to desktop

Hello gizbug,

If you are using Windows 8.1 now, then:

You could uncheck the When I sign in or close apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start box from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to go to your Start screen.
Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8
You could open the Start screen from the taskbar on your 2nd monitor to have it show until you either open the desktop there or drag and drop a desktop window there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33615-closing-metro-apps-takes-me-desktop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I'm new here so if my question has been asked and/or answered I apologize.Since yesterday's 8.1 update 1 apps will no longer close on my non touch laptop by dragging them to the bottom of the screen and flipping them.I have noticed that when I go to the top of the screen to grab my cursor no longer becomes a hand but I can still drag the app to the bottom to flip it but then in immediately goes back to full screen and continues to run.Has this method of closing apps been removed for non touch devices in yesterday's update?

A:Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

The drag and flip still works for me. The hand is gone so I just drag the title bar down.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44170-problem-closing-apps-since-update-1-yesterday.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Briefly- Power supply quit - replaced but WinXP would not run. Got 07e stop error and others. Tried everything to restore using UCBD; Chkdsk/r; FixMBR; etc. No luck.
Saved all files on C:; formatted, reinstalled WinXP and some applications, which run fine.
Have apps on separate D: drive as well as on other partitions on main drive.

Some programs will run from thumb drive. If I try to run apps from other drives without reinstalling, I expect to get 'DLL missing' errors BUT instead my screen blanks and computer REBOOTS. I get no blue screen or stop error.

Any/all thoughts appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-reboots-instead-of-running-other-apps.645073/
Relevancy 54.61%

Briefly- Power supply quit - replaced but WinXP would not run. Got 07e stop error and others. Tried everything to restore using UCBD; Chkdsk/r; FixMBR; etc. No luck.
Saved all files on C:; formatted, reinstalled WinXP and some applications, which run fine.
Have apps on separate D: drive as well as on other partitions on main drive.

Some programs will run from thumb drive. If I try to run apps from other drives without reinstalling, I expect to get 'DLL missing' errors BUT instead my screen blanks and computer reboots. I get no blue screen or stop error.

Any/all thoughts appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-reboots-instead-of-running-other-apps-191377.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I can't find a solution to my problem For just one of a good number of examples I have Sonique MP player It starts ok but opening Windows closing extremely slowly and apps then it takes no joke seconds to close after clicking the close button Other apps have similar reactions but at startup time I have run spybot S amp D Registry Mechanic Ad Aware CCleaner ewido Security Suite Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly and a good number of other apps to try to clean up this mess but it still persists Here is my Hijack This log Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly iHateSpam siSpamFilterEngine exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm server exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Filing Cabinets Fcabinet exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXEC Program Files Anti-Hijacker AntiHijacker EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siMailProxyServer exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO netMonior Class - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - blank file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar toolbar - F- DA- CB-BF C- CAB A - C PROGRA toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO ... Read more

A:Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly

Hi wacky60 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of problems in the log. It is quite clean. having a program take 5 seconds to shut down is not uncommon. I have many programs which take that long or longer. It just depends on what resources the program has to release and what cleanup it has to do at the time of shutdown.There are a couple of housekeeping items we can fix so let's do that.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlO2 - BHO: netMonior Class - {85810C93-C14C-11D5-BC4B-0050BA28E4FE} - blank (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: 1toolbar - {2184469F-67DA-49CB-BF3C-9CAB5974A280} - C:\PROGRA~1\1toolbar\1toolbar.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\program files\toolbar\ <--folderOk, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29177/windows-apps-opening-and-closing-extremely-slowly/
Relevancy 54.61%

My 8.1 Update 1 HTPC now sends us to the desktop instead of the Start screen when we close an app. I know of the setting in taskbar properties to always go to the desktop instead of start when an app is closed. This option is unchecked. It looks like any non-touch Update 1 PC just ignores this setting. Anyone else suffering from the same problem? Any thoughts?

A:8.1 Update 1 - Closing Metro Apps Always Sends to Desktop

Crisis averted. You need to go to the taskbar properties and uncheck the box that says "Show Windows Apps on the Taskbar."

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44202-8-1-update-1-closing-metro-apps-always-sends-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

A:Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

My computer (notebook) with Windows XP SP2 will reboot automatically (crash) after I try to run certain apps. For example when I run Tweaking.com's 'Windows Repair', the program will run through the initial stage but after that the OS will auto reboot every single time. One other app I can't even start before Windows crashes. 

Also, I've ran ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes anti-malware and TDSSKiller and they've all found some serious infections (like trojans and rootkits) which were automatically deleted/quarantined, but the problem still persists.

Thank you.

A:Windows automatically reboots (crashes) when trying to run certain apps

If you're planning to use XP,make sure that's upgraded to SP3+ all updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583080/windows-automatically-reboots-crashes-when-trying-to-run-certain-apps/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a company business user s computer so much of the software might be in-house software The anti-virus is provided by Trend Micro Computer is a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP SP Problem Original issue user ... error Internet when closing other and an window Explorer encountered has Solved: apps IE reported was that Microsoft Word locked and froze when opening Microsoft Word was unistalled in preparation for a re-install New Additional Problem s Computer is running very slowly Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Anytime IE is closed and sometimes when other applications are closed or any part of the computer is browsed to the Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps quot Internet Explorer has an encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot pops up Accessing the data of the error report reveals the ModName hostie dll as the problem I have run both Ad-Aware and Spy-bot HJT log follows Logfile of Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctalogd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctapsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent CtaEoU exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctatransapt exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sprint AirCard Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP GQ EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin OEAddOn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings rmtgreene Application Data U LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HJT HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www salesforce com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpamBlockerUtility fleok D A A C E D AE EA FA EF B B A A - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar SpamBlockerUtility - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices C... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps

Go to add/remove programs and remove SpamBlockerUtility then restart the machine.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-has-encountered-an-error-window-when-closing-ie-and-other-apps.622654/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I need some assistance I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open For example whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel the window will open and will be blank Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or after I've become tired of waiting I'll try to exit and it will say response apps slow EXTREMELY opening/closing times when programs and Not Responding Now eventually this goes away and the window does close but like I said it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs or Mozilla any links that I click or addresses that I type it again takes forever I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and again nothing Any suggestions

A:EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs

Originally Posted by seany811

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition. Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application, it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open. For example, whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel, the window will open and will be blank. Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or, after I've become tired of waiting, I'll try to exit and it will say (Not Responding). Now eventually this goes away and the window does close, but like I said, it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up. If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, any links that I click or addresses that I type, it again, takes forever.

I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing. I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and, again, nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Frag/file errors/disk errors
or insufficient Installed Memory
How To Make Vista more responsive and faster

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222421-extremely-slow-response-times-when-opening-closing-apps-programs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had reset my mobile lumia 730, then i installed few apps newly. Most of apps working correctly with new features, but some of the apps have closing unexpectedly when i opened. I have surfed, but didn't get any solutions or cautions for that issues. I have enough internal memory in my mobile, i thought there won't be the issue cause. Can anyone help me?

A:Nokia windows lumia 730 mobile, Some apps are closing unexpectedly? what might be the issues there?

Sometimes apps crash.. Just restart your phone it'll work fine.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/407870-nokia-windows-lumia-730-mobile-some-apps-closing-unexpectedly-what-might-issues-there.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Whether I'm checking my hotmail email, searching for jobs on indeed.com, or clicking on a search result from Google, the DEP keeps closing my IE8 and stating that an add-on is trying to use my system memory incorrectly. This started about 2 weeks ago, once in a while, but now it's everyday every couple of minutes. Can't get anything done. Any idea how to figure out which add-on is doing this? Please help! Thanks!

A:DEP Keeps Closing IE8 on Vista

I'd take a look at the add-ons, disabling all but the essential ones...and see if the problem persists.

Since all of your references involve browsing activity only...that seems logical to me.

It's also possible that IE is damaged...but I would look at the add-ons before concluding such.

Any DEP messages when not using the Internet?

Please post exact wording for any error messages.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418378/dep-keeps-closing-ie8-on-vista/
Relevancy 45.58%

About every 5 minutes my browser stops working and Vista claims that DEP (DAta Execution Prevention) is responsible. I have followed the instructions how to turn it off and have excluded Safari from DEP - but it still keeps closing down. DEP is making it impossible for me to use my computer. Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264967/vista-dep-keeps-closing-my-browser/
Relevancy 45.58%

When a user loads and closes IE a couple of times, a IE popup shows up and the only way to close it is End Task. It is a medium size page that shows "The page can not be displayed........blah blah blah............" that IE error.

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ie-popup-when-closing-ie-212354.html
Relevancy 45.58%

By accident, I started Narrator in Vista Home and now cannot close it down despite unchecking all boxes in menu. What is the secret?

Gordo

A:Closing Narrator in Vista

It is as simple as exiting. But maybe you have accidentally set it to run on startup?
Type Msconfig in the Start and, under the startup Tab, see if you have it ticked to run on startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-narrator-in-vista.693432/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed
IE 7 keeps closing each time I try to change pages or click on a link.

I have gone into the IE tools>Internet options>advanced tools>reset.

This has helped to the point that IE doesn't actually shut down but states it is unable to display page. If I click on refresh the page usually reloads. But I need to figure out why IE keeps shutting down. I removed all the toolbars I had when I did the reset.

I need help to cure this problem.

A:Vista Op Internet Explorer Keeps Closing

I have the same problem, Is Vista bug free now any updates that i need installed.
I looks pretty but what shall we do. Maybe should waited a little more longer for
an uprade to a Vista...
Thanks...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153738/vista-op-internet-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I am using Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 and I started having issues with Spyware Doctor earlier. After a restart to my computer it would not load, I tried to download the setup and it never loaded. I tried running it as an administrator but it still didn't work.

I noticed a lot of errors such as programs closing after they do not respond so I purchased Uniblue and fixed registry errors. After that I restarted my computer again and tried to go to IExplorer to google search Spyware Doctor after a while it would close. I tried Google Chrome and it would close eventually too. Now I'm running McAfee to see if I have a virus on my computer while using my brother's computer to talk about my problem.

A:Browser Closing in Vista [from Mozilla]

Woops, I just noticed this was the wrong forum, I'm sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/browser-closing-in-vista-from-mozilla-393296.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have 4 user identities on my computer. Three of them work no problem. When I go into my user id (which is also the admin ID) it automatically reboots the computer. The computer starts up to the normal screen with the 4 user IDs on it. And as soon as I log into my ID it reboots in about 5 seconds once again. keeps happening

All 3 other IDs work fine. Whats up and can I fix it? I ran a McAfee full scan and nothing came up.

Thanks for any response

A:Vista 32 closing automatically in 1 user id....

In one of the other accounts, open up an elevated command prompt and follow the instructions here to enable the "hidden" administrator account. Use that to delete all the accounts and start afresh. Repeat the steps to re-hide the account:

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista :: the How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243994-vista-32-closing-automatically-1-user-id.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Whenever I try to close the web browser I am getting the error message and shuts down all others opened web browsers. Also after it shuts down, it starts all over again.

Does sombody have any idea how to solve this issue?

If you try to close the web broswer after the new is opened in this case it pop up the message to close the web application but technicly you cannot close it because web browser does not responde it.

A:Vista IE7 closing browser error

Disable your add-ons. goto tools enable/disable add ons and disable each one until our problem with the error stops. I did it for mine and i no longer have the error issue.
Hope this works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ie7-closing-browser-error-236095.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Vista home basic reboots by itself randomly. Started to happen after I installed a 2nd hard drive. Its a Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive. Any ideas on what it could be ?

Compaq Presario sr510nx
celeron 3.46 ghz
2 gig Ram
Nvidia Ge Force 8600 GT 512 Ram
Vista Home Basic
Hard drives compaq 141 gig, Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive

A:Vista reboots by itself

what does the sata drives in the bios setting display?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-by-itself-298708.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys,

Dell 1525 Vista laptop:

System all of a sudden give a blue screen and reboots it self

Blue screen error is "0x0000001a"

Please help.

A:Vista reboots itself - Plz help

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I figure out whats causing it, I'll let you know. What where you doing before it restarted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-itself-plz-help.813602/
Relevancy 44.72%

The error message saysInternet explorer has stopped workingA problem has caused internet explorer to close and so on.I just got this computer yesterday. There wasn't a problem with internet explorer until I installed firefox, then I unstalled it. I'm sure firefox isn't the problem. I installed other software as well. What should I do?p.s. I scanned the computer using ad aware, and a-squared and avast antivirus!

A:Internet Explorer Keeps Closing In Windows Vista!

Internet Explorer will stop working almost all the time cause a conflict with a Plugin or Active X...Go to "MSconfig".Click on Start > Type in "Start Search" MSconfig" (no quotes) and hit Enter...Go to the Startup tab and look for "OmniPage" and uncheck it...Go to internet options...Start > Control panel > Left side of window click on classic view > Internet options.In "General" tab, and look for browsing history and click on "delete..." Delete all...Go to "Programs" tab and click on "Manage Add-ons". Add-ons are active-x controls that change the way Internet Explorer is used. These can be toolbars, plug-ins, and other code that can interfere with the operation of IE. Select any suspicious add-on names from the name list and select disable to prevent the add-on code from opening when IE is opened.Finally go click the "Advanced" tab. Remove the checkmark from "Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)", editAlso unchek "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks".Restart and the error should not come back.These errors are probably caused by browser extensions that were added through spyware or adware.Maybe a look in here, and posting your log will help if this didn't.Hope it helps Mav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105717/internet-explorer-keeps-closing-in-windows-vista/
Relevancy 44.72%

Trying to help a friend who has Vista 32-bit. The past few weeks, whenever she shuts down Itunes, the computer crashes. Everything else in Itunes works.....it's only when she closes the application. Checked out some of the Apple support troubleshooting techniques, but nothing seems to work. BTW, when in safe mode, Itunes shuts down without a problem.

A:Solved: Itunes crashes Vista when closing

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes? Make sure if you do this, that anything in Itunes that needs to be kept is backed up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-crashes-vista-when-closing.1104516/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister's laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Vista reboots at start-up Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying Vista reboots at start-up quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now I would format my computer but we lost the Toshiba recovery disk so we're very stuck Any help would be appreciated

A:Vista reboots at start-up

Another thing: I just scanned with Sophos Anti-Rootkit. It showed about 7 files and deleted them all except one: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\senpuqd.sys, giving the reason: "A device attached to the system is not functioning".
Does anyone know what that file is? I've searched around Google for solutions to my problem and every time someone mentions a mysterious file in the drivers folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344962/vista-reboots-at-start-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

My new computer reboots randomly usually at night . maybe once a week

A:Vista reboots randomly?

Windows updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-randomly.787896/
Relevancy 44.72%

My apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

On my freshly built new computer, everything has been running nicely from day one. The only flaw is that from time to time, seemingly with no warning, the machine suddenly reboots. This happens say once every three or four days. It's odd because:
1) I don't "download" on this machine
2) No pirated software
3) Asus Probe and Speedfan show normal temperatures

So could it be something in Vista itself? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks for your input,
mini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-unexpectedly.703430/
Relevancy 44.72%

Howdy folks,
I just built a PC with the following components.......
Asustek S775 Intel G33 ATX GLAN motherboard
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Black/Silver Case
OCZ Technology 500W STEALTHXSTREAM POWER SUPPLY
OCZ Technology 2X1GBKIT 240PIN PC2-8500 DDR2 1066MHZ SLI READY
Asustek V-70 Low Profile Quiet Intel LGA775 CPU Cooler
Samsung SpinPoint 320GB 7200RPM S300
Intel quad core CPU
some RAM and bought windows vista OS

I have a problem in that anytime i shutdown the computer it goes ahead shuts down ....fans shut off etc but then restarts about 5 seconds later. No errors show up on the screen at all.
I have come here for some help in diagnosing this problem.

A:Vista Reboots on shutdown

Hi

Sometimes this points to an incorrect wiring problem on the MoBo power block, where you have the Power and Reset wires connected. Make sure you don't have anything crossed in there first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188274-vista-reboots-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.72%

just installed the update and then it reboots continuously during the config of the said update. Please help.

A:Vista reboots from update since 12/11-12/09

Can you boot it in safe mode? Then you might be able to open Windows Update, click "installed updates" at the bottom left, and remove the update in question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-from-update-since-12-11-12-09.885457/
Relevancy 44.72%

I dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my laptop, and recently Vista crashed and I am unable to load it anymore. I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu, and I choose Vista. Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run startup repair. Choosing that program does nothing, the screen just flashes. Safe Mode is not one of the displayed options. So I choose to start normally, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, then the computer turns off then back on.

I am able to load Ubuntu without any problems (I'm using it now).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions to offer I would really appreciate it!

A:vista reboots instead of loading

hi you could try using east bcd http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and read this http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBC...1F8C88C96B2C32

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-instead-of-loading-366979.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Once again Vista is driving me crazy - but now it s serious Suddenly during reboots statup Vista my system has begun rebooting during startup Vista displays the scrolling lines for awhile then the cursor appears in the centre of the screen - then BANG The PC reboots with the initial POST screen No error messages nothing in the system logs Thank God I have a working drive image to restore because nothing else will Vista reboots during statup fix the problem - not Safe Mode not Last Known Good The problem is I cannot switch off my PC without having to do a complete Vista reboots during statup drive restore the next time I switch on Which means that my OST file in Outlook is now wrong and any recent changes have been lost as well as my mind I think Vista has certainly cut a few years off MY lifespan If Bill Gates had to pay a dollar for every minute of wasted time that Vista has cost us poor suckers he would be bankrupt very quickly Additional I tried the Vista system repair booting with my Vista Ultimate CD which after about half an hour of attempting repairs made not the slightest difference I also restored the Vista image to a different hard drive in case it was a hardware issue - also no difference nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-during-statup.791240/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i m currently using Windows XP pro sp i decided to change it with windows vista so that i can hav my pc a new look my system is ghz intel celeron i have mb of ram and nvidia geforce FX mb HDD gb and installation and then Vista reboots gb i used the gb for XP media center edition im installing vista in place because i do not have a dvd burner so Vista installation and then reboots i began with the setup and at first it went well and after long hours it finally reached the quot completing installation quot stage since it was too long again to wait i decided to leave the computer and when i returned the screen showed choices on how to start vista its the one with safe mode safe mode with networking last known good configuration and start windows normally from then on i feel that there is something wrong because that screen should only show up when windows has not successfully booted up so i chose start windows normally i saw the green progress bar but after that the screen goes blank and the reboots and when it reboots shows again that windows has not started up correctly and then i chose safe mode it booted up but said that installation cannot be completed in safe mode and needs to reboot i still haven t rolled back the installation what will i do tnx in advance nbsp

A:Vista installation and then reboots

This must be a UPGRADE install, and 512 is NOT enough RAM, you need at least 1 GIG if not 2.

Did you run the Vista Upgrade adviser, before doing this install?
What external devices do you have attached?
What programs and utilities do you have installed at the time if Vista upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installation-and-then-reboots.643793/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys First time posting in here I noticed my Windows Vista PC keeps rebooting itself whenever I go online Sometimes it happens in a few minutes after booting sometimes in an hour or so At one point it restarted even in the Vista constantly Reboots PC middle of booting A day before this happened I was attacked by a Antimalware Doctor Spyware Program while visiting American Freedom Radio I scanned my PC using Spybot Malwarebytes CleanUp Advanced System Care Pro Vista PC Reboots constantly Tune-Up Utilities and Super Anti-spyware and removed all infections but I still get the same restart problem Here is my HiJackThis Log if it may help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users bill Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Matrox Powerdesk C Windows system PDesk PDesk exe Autolaunch O - HKLM Run Matrox PowerDesk SE quot C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Ftahayu rundll exe quot C Users bill AppData Local ohijevoherajo dll quot Startup O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen quot C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe quot nosplash O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles ... Read more

A:Vista PC Reboots constantly

Bit of an update. I shut off the auto-reboot from Vista so I can get the error log and I have the following errors:

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)

Hope this may be of some help to solve my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-pc-reboots-constantly.990067/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

A client brought to me a PC with Windows Vista SP2 installed. Just before the login, the systems restarts without a BSOD. I have already check HDD and RAM and there is nothing wrong.
I also tried system restore, the system booted, but after a restart, the same happened.
Also checked with MSE and Malwarebytes, MSE nothing, malwarebytes a lot of toolbars, but nothing serious.

Is there anything else I can try, or my option is to format the system?

Thank you in advance,
John

A:Vista reboots before login

Hi, if it gets to the log on screen it is usually a windows file that is not loading and causing the problem, boot from the OS dvd, let it run startup repair, if this fails go on to command prompt and at the x sources prompt type:-

chkdsk c:/f press enter, after this run at the x sources prompt type:-

sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (press enter) Restart computer when finished let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-before-login-722393.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All

Have recently purchased a Toshiaba Laptop with windows vista premium.
Since day one whenever I shut down an internet browser window it gives thi error
Windows Explorer has stopped working -Windows is serching for a solution to the problem.
Then it says to try removing any toolbars i instaled and try again.Did this but no good.
A few days later it came up with the solution of removing Adobe Flash player and instaling the newest rev. Did this to no avail.
I have the laptop about 6 months now and this is wreaking my head. Everything else is working fine
Also i noticed that if I have a few browser window open I only get the error if I close the first browser window, I can open and close the other browsers as many times as i like with no errors.
Any Ideas will be very welcome

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

IE 7 completely closes when trying to launch a game from pogo.com I can launch games from other websites. Also Java will not open, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have done restore, doesn't help. Any suggestions?

A:IE 7 closing when trying to load a website game- Windows Vista

Welcome to TSF

Popup blockers enabled? This could be an issue. Have you ever successfully played on this pogo site before with this same computer?

Follow these steps

Updating Java and Clearing Cache

Your Java may be out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 u3.
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications". (4th one down)
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u3-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-closing-when-trying-to-load-a-website-game-windows-vista-332973.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm hoping someone here recognizes what this problem might be and can give me clues as to how to remedy it.

I have windows vista home basic. The computer started going into a reboot mode ... it would get to the point where I click on a profile and enter my password, and then reboot . . . sometimes even before I click on that profile.

If I use the F8 key to get the repair screen, I can always use "Last Known Good Configuration" and the computer will boot and work just perfect then, but every time I shut down or do a restart, it's right back to the reboot problem. I have swapped out the memory to see if that was the issue and the problem is still there. I did a standard CHKDSK at bootup and found nothing.

I am lost :(

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what this might be and how to remedy it?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-continually-reboots-338158.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear jcgriff2,

I have a problem on my Vista computer that it would automatically shutdown & reboots. Sometimes, I wouldn't even have luck starting the computer, since it reboots itself during the loading process.

I've restored my computer using system recover to bring it back to the shape when it first came out from the manufacturer, but I still get the same blue screen & unexpected shutdown / reboot.

I've read your post on http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and have followed all your instrustions. Would you be able to help me with solving my problem ? The files as you indicated can be found in the zip attachment.

(Note: one of the problem states that my d: is less than 15%. I cannot do anything with it, because by default, D: is the factory_image that stores the recovery data, making the drive 1.20 GB free of 8.85 GB.)

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Yours,

Andrew

A:Vista unscheduled shutdown & reboots

You do not have Service Pack 1 installed (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Please visit the support website of the system manufacturer and update ALL of your drivers and programs. Then update to Service Pack 1 at a minimum (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Post back if this solves your issues.

The error messages vary a lot - most point to hard drive issues or networking issues (with most of them having memory related events).
Have you run any tests on your hard drive? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html
Have you run any tests on your memory? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html

I suspect the memory, due to the inconsistencies in some of the dump files. Please run the memory test ASAP and let us know the results.

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 6000.21023.x86fre.vista_ldr.090302-1506
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:36:37.800 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:52.456
BugCheck 18, {88237ce0, 88235130, 12, 81d0a391}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!AlpcpUnlockAndDereferenceTargetPorts+78 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: WMIADAP.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:39:20.377 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:36.048
BugCheck 19, {20, 888ff760, 888ffb88, 8850087}
Probably caused by : ecache.sys ( ecache!EcMemoryCacheIoRoutine+208 )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 13:15:31.007 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:07.676
BugCheck D1, {4, 2, 1, 8eebb9cc}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!OlmUploadConnections+b0 )
PROCESS_NAME: Idle
Debug session time: Sun Aug 30 21:44:41.918 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:21.590
BugCheck 24, {1904ab, 8e854430, 8e85412c, 81b5d1c4}
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamGet+11e )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE
PROCESS_NAME: System
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:06:41.959 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:58.631
BugCheck D1, {0, ff, 8, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+2ac )
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:09:51.885 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:19.557
BugCheck C5, {4f364b4, 2, 1, 81ce99b7}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2b3 )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-unscheduled-shutdown-and-reboots-409573.html
Relevancy 44.29%

New Dell xps 420, preinstalled Vista. One month not a single problem. Now, when I shut down, system appears to shut down normally then immediately boots back up. Everything else appears to be running normally. During the reboot I can depress the power button and shut down the computer and it stays off. When I restart I do not get any message about abnormal shut down.

I have run virus and malware scans neither found anything?

I have not yet called Dell Tech support because in the past this forum has been much faster and more complete?
I have since called Dell tech support and spent two hours on the phone only to have them tell me that it must be Itunes. They claimed there was no way that itunes and vista could coexist. However, they did for the first three weeks???

Any thoughts?

A:Vista reboots after normal shut down

Any wakeup settings in the bios power management? Installed any new hardware or drivers recently? Any software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-after-normal-shut-down.666953/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Windows Vista (I had no choice in the matter) and after a while of surfing graphics-heavy web sites, the right click won't work and I can't open new windows. I always have to reboot the get the system working properly again. Is it eating up too much memory or what? Is there any way to prevent this from happening over and over again? Thanks.

Barbara

A:Frequent reboots needed on Vista

Might be what is called a "memory leak", which is caused by poor programming that keeps the memory a program used "occupied" even after that program has closed. Enough of those and you do run out of memory.

Check Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and report (under performance) the total, cached & free Physical Memory. The number or processes also.

Are you using Internet Explorer ?

Could also be a heat issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/frequent-reboots-needed-on-vista-223287.html
Relevancy 44.29%

os-vista home ed sp1
laptop pc 1.5mb ram
evesham voyager c340sx
intel celeron m cpu 420 @ 1.6ghz
32bit
87gb hdd
dvd drive
wireless adaptor
avg virus scan completed [safe mode & normal].. no probs
hdd surfacetest / analysis ok

this laptop works ok with the on screen keyboard but crashes if i use the keyboard (5 to 6 chracers max). Had a problem with memory chip originally. this now replaced. This caused all sorts of probs, but vista appears to have mended most of them! Is the keyboard crash related to the earlier memory prob, or is this something hardware related? If it is a faulty device driver, then how do i mend it? The dump mentions ntkrpamp.exe?

It's hard work using the on screen kboard, so a solution would be v.gratefully recived!

A:vista laptop reboots when keyboard is used!

Hi please follow the instructions here and attach to your next post the info will help when run through a debugger to narrow down the cause of your issue
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-laptop-reboots-when-keyboard-is-used-480864.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear All I am having some weird problems and have sought solutions from Dell: New Vista reboots facebook and no Dell and online before returning here Dell recently replaced my AMD with a new E with Intel Dual Cores I also have a ATI Radeon X Pro card with MB and New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook GB New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook ram I am running the pre installed Vista Home Prem So here are my problems The computer ALWAYS starts OK loads the Dell bios splash and then some dos text about the DVD drives then it reboots and I get the wondwos failed to load stuff What ever choice I select it loads OK and works But the next time does exactly the same I am running the latest Dell bios Any ideas The other issues is that I just downloaded the latest ATI CCC driver for Vista bit It was released in October ans d seem to install OK but now I can not load New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook the CC Finally I am using Firefox and IE I have tried to load the Dell site for support and also Facebook and neither load at all But both load fine on my Dell L attitude I can not understand why they do not load on my PC but do on my laptop I wondered if it was a McAfee related thing but I have turned that all off and nothing makes a difference I would rally appreciate some help and guidance please Thanks disney cjd nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister s laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is Rootkit Vista reboots senpuqd.sys / available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit I would format my computer but Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit we lost the Toshiba recovery disk Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit so we re very stuck Any help would be appreciated Here is my DDS txt log QUOTEDDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Mitchie at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exec program files windows defender MpCmdRun exeC Users Mitchie Desktop dds scrC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No FileuRun TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD EXEuRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hidemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exemRun LtMoh c program files ltmoh Ltmoh exemRun StartCCC c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exemRun TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXEmRun SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exemRun TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exemRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun hpqSRMon c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqSRMon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun NDSTray exe NDSTray exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun DivXUpdate quot c program files divx divx update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOWmRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmExplorerRun nvtu c users mitchie appdata local temp ui cr exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exemPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspxIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c prog... Read more

A:Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345028/vista-reboots-senpuqdsys-rootkit/
Relevancy 44.29%

Several weeks ago, I finally got my laptop running well for longer that 5 minutes. I had had McAffee free version installed, and I deleted it. I decided to download the updates I had been missing, and now my computer will not boot. It turns, says that it was shut down unexpectedly...which mode should it be in. and then it begins and suddenly shuts down, restarts and we are back at the beginning. I have tried my Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with the computer, but I can't remember which button to push, so nothing happens. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319656/laptop-with-vista-contantly-reboots/
Relevancy 43.43%

My comp was crashing for no reason and I ended up doing a factory restore It seemed all my programs were locked up so I had no other option Windows was downloaded the McAfee reboots scan runs when Vista factory but still needs updating I reinstalled McAfee I have dialup but it won t run-it keeps rebooting over and over It closes AOL and drops then goes thru how do you want to start Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs - I say normal windows Sometimes it goes thru this or times before Windows will actually start Sometimes my Windows are frozen-pointer and all in the middle of a different any program and I have to turn my comp off I am very comp illiterate Please help I don t know if there is a virus or not Waiting Carolet Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce i Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I went to turn on my new HP desktop and it gets through to the windows vista load screen, then the computer restarts. I haven't loaded anything new lately, cpu, memory and hard drive come back clean on system check. I've reverted back to last known good. I have windows defender and virus protection. Please help.

A:Windows Vista reboots at startup screen

First you need to boot into Safe Mode.

Start tapping the "F8" key as the system reboots. This should get you to a boot menu where you can select Safe Mode

Next, log on and select "yes" when it asks if you want to continue in safe mode and close the help box that automatically opens.

Click Start>RightClick Computer and select "Properties" or Start>Control Panel>Doubleclick "System"

Select "Advanced System Settings" on the left side

Select Startup and Recovery "Settings" Button

Deselect the "Automatic restart" check box and OK. (This allows you to see the error message that may explain what caused the system to reboot.)

Close everything and restart as you normally would.

Record any error message you see when the system restarts.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193169-windows-vista-reboots-startup-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all just made the plunge to Windows Vista Ultimate but I'm having some problems On monday morning I received my E ES CPU from USA put it in straight away and all was fine Win XP SP at the time I then picked up my new GT in the afternoon and in the evening I installed Vista Ultimate At one point late in the installation I got an error message with the options cancel retry ignore where I tried of screen installation Blue Vista reboots after 'retry' to no avail then after ignores the system booted I think this was at the point where Vista goes for it's first boot-up From then on things Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista went fine drivers were installed for the most part I completed some Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista more One driver currently wrong is Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista for the wireless D-Link DWL-G M which doesn't recognize the unit it's an XP driver Now I'm having some symptoms Occasional Blue Screen BSOD - it blinks onto screen then disappears straight away and the pc reboots Too fast for me to be able to get a code from it Occasionally the system seems to 'hang' for a second or or - I then hear some sort of 'click' coming from the pc and then things continue I'm guessing the sound comes from one of the harddisks by the sound of it On startup I get an error message 'Reg MFC Application has stopped working' Problem details show that the Event Name is APPCRASH Application name Reg exe Fault Module Name USP dll Now since I just changed several factors at once it's hard for me to figure out what the problem is here Something wrong with the CPU Something wrong with the GFX Need a stronger PSU Something wrong with Vista drivers Any suggestions welcome Can I test the CPU somehow Current PSU is a FSP Fortron W I have a Gigabyte odin GT W lying which I plan to build in later today My complete system specs are in my profile to the left Might add that I run an external water cooling Aquaduct XT from Aquacomputer

A:Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista

For more time to view a BSOD prior to reboot, disable Automatic Restart by unchecking the so named box in "Startup and Recovery". Also on the same screen, place a check mark next to "Write an event to the system log", if not already checked, to ensure Event Log viewing on the matter.

Start >> Control Panel >> System and Maintenance >> System
>> Advanced systems (left side) >> Advanced (tab)
>> Startup and Recovery

Regards. . .
jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-reboots-after-installation-of-vista-212211.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Within the past few weeks the system has started to freeze, crash and then reboot occassionally. Also, when it starts up, occassionally it does so with bad graphics. I used Advanced System Care (free) and it has been unable to correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415580/windows-vista-freezes-reboots-bad-graphics/
Relevancy 43.43%

For the last couple weeks my computer(windows vista)has gone haywire. I've been tortured by the BSOD ,constant freezing, black screen on power up,my PC randomly restarts out of the clear blue.I frequently get error message "Windows explorer not responding" .Not sure if files are damaged or what kinda nasties I picked up along the way. But any help with diagnosing/resolving the problem would be greatly appreciated.My PC Info:Windows Vista -Home PremiumService Pack 232-bit Operating SysAMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430I ran the following programs in safe mode:+Spywareblaster ---regular maintenance+Spybot search & destroy--cookies+Cleanup! --regular flush+CWShredder --not infected Results: nothing significantly found. I await further instructions.

A:Windows Vista BSOD//Freezing//Sys Reboots

I may be overlooking it (I do so often)...but i don't see where you actually have installed and run a reliable AV program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451095/windows-vista-bsodfreezingsys-reboots/
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43%

For 2 years I have managed my wireless Peak router from XP Home. I have just purchased a Tosh sat pro L300-11d, dual core 2Gb mem etc running Vista home premium.

When I try to connect from IE7 under Vista, the router resets and terminates all connections. It does eventually connect to the roter login screen if I leave it long enough.

I was hoping the new machine would replace my XP but it is looking increasingl like XP is staying untill 2014!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/peak-wireless-router-reboots-if-vista-connects-310837.html
Relevancy 43%

As seen here at http forums techguy org windows-vista -vista-ultimate-upgrade-reboots-memory- html with the title quot VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Memory Upgrade to GB quot I have the same exact problem I have an nForce chipset motherboard and it can handle GB of RAM GB in each slot I put in GB GB in each slot and it was fine but when I put anything Upgrade Over Memory with 2 Installed VISTA Ultimate Reboots GB over that amount such as MB or MB more then Vista won t boot It just gives me the black screen of death and the next time it just reboots It also won t enter safe mode I have tested my memory with Memtest overnight and it is fine I have no power supply issues No overheating problems All temperatures are fine The only thing I see is that Vista does not VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB have the driver for the quot SM Bus Controller quot I don t see how that would affect the RAM issue though as that is only for quot standby quot and quot screensaver quot which I don t use I tried Windows XP and it works just fine with more than GB of RAM but not Vista If I use only GB of RAM then Windows Vista runs just fine I had read that nVidia warned people not to VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB use GB of RAM if it is pc DDR and the remedy is to either use VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB pc or slower OR lower the speed of the memory to or MHz in the BIOS I always run my memory at the same speed as the FSB of my Duron processor which is MHz MHz to keep the ratio and get better performance as it is recommended not to run RAM asynchronously Anyway Vista won t run with more than GB of RAM on the nVidia nForce motherboard but XP will This must be a problem with Vista I am using Vista Ultimate bit with Service Pack I even tried to install the hotfixes from Microsoft and it says I already have them installed It must have been included with Service Pack I have no idea what to do I really appreciate any advice and help Thank you Regards Paul nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Windows Vista (sevice pack 2) and my computer has a number of booting problems. When I shut down the computer either manually with the button or with the shut down option in the start menu, the computer boots down, stays off for 5 seconds then retsarts itself. I have not been able to boot down for months. In addition, I've had tons of problems with sleep and hibernate mode - the computer restarts itself or won't go into the modes.

I've played with the power settings many times and looked up many forums advice for these settings. I also have a clean bill of health regarding viruses/spyware for the bleepingcomputer forum for sypware as of this week. Any help would be apperciated.
thanks!
jm

A:Vista Reboots Itself, Sleep/Hibernate don't work (thinkpad)

Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311145/vista-reboots-itself-sleephibernate-dont-work-thinkpad/
Relevancy 43%

Please help,

I have a HP NC6400 laptop at work,

Everytime you put it into sleep mode it reboots

Ive tried checking the power options as so may sites refer to them but i have no hibernate option

network cable unplugged same thing just reboots after screen going blank and showing some HDD activity

Please help

Relevancy 43%

Hello,my build is
mobo: MSI X58 platinum
cpu: intel i7 core 920 cpu
psu: 850W Chieftec
gpu: EVGA geforce gtx 280
ram: 2x2gb DDR3 Corsair
hdd: WDC Caviar Black 1TB
The problem is that i get random reboots and hangs with windows vista 64bit OS.I have tried with 2-3 different versions of win vista.And recently with Windows 7 RC 64-bit and then 32-bit but the problem persisted..
I visited the local retailer and they told me that it is a software problem since he installed windows xp and had 3d mark running with no error for some hours.
I installed windows xp now too and generally i dont have problems,only got 2 reboots last night but im not sure about the reason.
Anyway any1 has any idea about why i cant have vista installed?;/ i am thinking that it is a hardware problem but i dont know on which part..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-7-random-reboots-but-running-ok-on-winxp-372484.html
Relevancy 43%

Here s the situation I had some malware that royally messed up my computer Malwarebytes amp Friends couldn t fix it properly major problem was the Google Redirect issue So I ran ComboFix When I did a running Combofix Vista Windows continually after reboots dialog box with quot Error quot appeared I Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix clicked it away and then Windows Vista restarted After the restart ComboFix automatically ran and did the system check After it was done everything seemed fine Google Redirect issue seemed to be fixed I was happy I then shut my computer down but it took ages - it got stuck at the quot Shutting down quot screen and I decided to just turn the power off which was probably a mistake sorry Now whenever I try to boot Windows it reboots Safe Mode presents the same problem I uploaded the ComboFix log file Also I still have access to the file system since I have Linux running on the same machine Maybe this helps I am thankful for any help Thank Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix you

A:Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346816/windows-vista-continually-reboots-after-running-combofix/
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 43%

can anyone recommend any good 64-bit apps to replace my 32-bit versions?

im in 64-bit Vista

A:any good 64-bit vista apps?

Can you list the programs you are trying to update?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-good-64-bit-vista-apps-305744.html
Relevancy 43%

Trying to use roxio EMC App crashes with the following info I have included error reports Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name MediaCapture exe Application Version Application Timestamp fc Fault Module apps crash vista Name ntdll dll vista apps crash Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp bdc Exception Code c Exception Offset OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a Additional Information d d c dfb ea Additional Information fec Additional Information d cb fafa c fa fcefcb Files that help describe the problem some files vista apps crash may no longer be available Version txt AppCompat txt minidump mdmp View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name MediaCapture exe Application Version Application Timestamp fc Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp bdc Exception Code c Exception Offset OS Version Locale ID Additional Information e Additional Information c adf b c c c c b d Additional Information ee Additional Information da b ccfd a e d dab ea b Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Please help if you can

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-apps-crash-289441.html
Relevancy 43%

thats it,, i searched in youtube xp aero,, but only got lessons on how to make the taskbar to be transparent and also the windows..... i know all that,, the only thing that is missing is the program that makes able to switch apps in xp like vista....

thnx in adv

A:switch apps in xp like vista

There is already an easy task switcher built into all Windows platforms.
Just hold down the Alt key and press the Tab key (maybe multiple presses of the Tab will be needed).
When the app is showing that you want to switch to just let the Alt key go.

Note: If you don't see the task your want, or you have changed your mind and don't want to switch, just press the Esc key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-apps-in-xp-like-vista.751501/
Relevancy 43%

It's happening to me as well.. nod32 found a virus and apparently did not manage to intercept it correctly. When I do a full computer scan (all options checked), it finds nothing. I might go back to Kaspersky but that's for another thread.

Since this happens on the same 64bit OS type you have, I manage to open IE7 64bit with no problems, but all other 32bit stuff like uTorrent or Trillian says ports not forwarded / can't connect.

Did you manage to locate the net process / file to re-install?

A:Apps can't connect with Vista 64 bit

I've split your post from the other thread, since it's a different issue.

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit www.StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-cant-connect-with-vista-64-bit.711677/
Relevancy 43%

My explorer exe keeps closing and restarting every seconds Vista only boots in safe mode I have run antivirus antispyware programs but to no avail Nothing is detected I have researched this error a lot and it seems to be a virus I In Explorer.exe Keeps Only Mode. Of Closing After Safe Vundo: Vista And Effects Restarting. Boots The have used system restore but there is not a restore date a healthier time The computer does not detect anything wrong I have windows vista sp I used to have a vundo months ago I don't know if its completely gone The computer still runs way slower than it used to before the vundo came The following are the antivirus antispyware parformace programs i have spybot s amp dlavasoft ad-aware avg regcuremalewarebytes anti-malwarewindows defendercombofixhijackthisbitdefender antivirus I would really appreciate help Here After Effects Of The Vundo: Explorer.exe Keeps Closing And Restarting. Vista Only Boots In Safe Mode. is my highjack this log I have put a highjackthis log in HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal if thats okay Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdwizreg exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run THotkey C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run SpeedBitVideoAccelerator quot C Program Files SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exeO - HKLM Run BDWizReg quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefend... Read more

A:After Effects Of The Vundo: Explorer.exe Keeps Closing And Restarting. Vista Only Boots In Safe Mode.

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please reply to this topic stating that you still need help and I will work with you on resolving your computer problems. If your problem has been resolved, please post a reply letting us know so we can close your topic.

Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, feel free to create a new one.

Once again, I apologize for the delay in responding to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169899/after-effects-of-the-vundo-explorerexe-keeps-closing-and-restarting-vista-only-boots-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi all I have windows vista on an internal drive and ubuntu on my external although they are dependant of each other Unplugging ubuntu makes grub confused and you gives vista reboots and machine hard my randomly drives?! destroys error code and you can t then boot into vista or ubuntu I also have a drive i ve been trying to install leopard on So as follows Computer Samsung X Type laptop Ram GB Of Ram Motherboard -Manufacturer Samsung Electronics my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! -Model SX S Revision MP BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD -Version ZA cpu my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! Intel Pentium M ghz Hard Drive - gb internal running windows vista formatted as ntfs - gb external with nothing on it just remenants of failed mac os X leopard installs formatted as Mac os X extended journeled - gb external running ubuntu formatted as ext My problems -After i had installed ubuntu whenever i booted into vista it told me that windows needs to be activated and i had days to do so It counted down and now it just says hours I ve entered a new product key that MS gave us but i m still getting the hour thing This error may be caused by vista thinking it s an entirely new machine now ubuntu has cropped up -Vista decids to randomly reboot often when i m in the middle of something -Whenever i try to install something on vista i get quot invalid my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! drive D quot - or words to that effect Drive D would be the one ubuntu is on but of course it s formatted as ext so it s not recognised in vista - so not sure why it s been labeled drive D But the main issue is external hdds I downloaded something in ubuntu booted into vista plugged in a drive and it didn t show up It think i may have plugged it in previously to this machine but now it seemed to have completely killed it No computer recognises it This is our main external drive gb backups music Then today i plugged in another drive to transfer some files and it didn t show up in vista quot Driver install failed quot Luckily this one still works with other computers On the bright side when i plug the first one in or unplug it it does still make the familiar noises in vista ba-buh describing noises in words is hard Thanks Nappymonster nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-vista-machine-randomly-reboots-and-destroys-hard-drives.705517/
Relevancy 42.57%

I thoght a list over all 64bit apps that works on Vista would bee good to have. So I started one!

NOTE: Only Native 64bit apps, that is compiled to 64bit. Not 64bit capable.

Security:

Multimedia:
?Amp

System Utilities:

Benchmarking/Overklockning:

Internet:
Firefox x64
Thunderbird x64
Arctic Torrent

Games:
HL2

Please tell me you know any other app that shold be in this list!
So the list can grow larger

A:List - Vista compatible 64-bit apps.

FTP: SmartFTP Client (64-bit) (SmartFTP Client (64-bit) - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com)

http://www.vistax64.com/software/59148-list-vista-compatible-64-bit-apps.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When I run 32-bit apps on Windows Vista 64-bit, they work fine but there's no internet connection and when I close them, an illegal operation message is shown.
I tried using Opera and IE (32bit) and both show their "page could not be found" pages, Firefox just shows a blank page and "done" in the status bar.
It's strange, because the only browser that works fine is the IE 64-bit version. All the 32-bit applications have no internet connection (Windows Live Messenger crashes at the beginning).
The problem started suddenly, it was working perfectly when I shutdown last day, so when I woke and booted it, the problem was there.
My network drivers are installed correctly, I tried uninstalling and installing them again, but it didn't work.
So, anyone else had this problem?
How can I fix it?

Thanks!

A:Problems running 32-bit apps on Vista 64

Hi Hanneman,

Check your firewall settings to see if you have these programs allowed to access the internet. If you are using Windows Firewall, you can look at this link for how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65334-windows-firewall.html?ltr=W

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/76478-problems-running-32-bit-apps-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have apps that will not install properly on Vista but work fine on XP I also have another app that won t work on Vista but installs correctly The app that installs good but won t work is the Nortel VPN client Version specifically for Vista - says that the EACFilt driver needs to be bound to my NIC But it IS bound to my NIC Tried uninstall reboot reinstall reboot test - that didn t work Tried unchecking EACFilt driver under apps but Some work not Vista, on on XP working NIC settings Some apps not working on Vista, but work on XP rebooting re-checking reboot test - no work The other apps that won t install correctly are the Cisco VPN client - I get a error indicating a Windows Installer issue from the research I ve done so I downloaded and installed the MSICUU application which installed Some apps not working on Vista, but work on XP fine and that didn t help Same app works find under XP and I ve confirmed the version I have is XP Vista compatible Next apps are Avaya Softphone and Avaya CMS Supervisor both work find under XP Softphone says it can t connect to the server because the Telephony isn t set up but it IS set up The error I got during Softphone install is that it can t find the file quot addprov exe quot but I have verified that it is there and was able to run it manually with no such luck CMS Supervisor gets to the end of the install then says it can t set the Win K XP permissions I m thinking this version isn t compatible with Vista but I downloaded the newest version that IS compatible with vista and got the same exact message Any ideas Avaya s Some apps not working on Vista, but work on XP tech support is virtually non-existant unless you have a contract with them so I m unable to get quot official quot support There is a new version of the Softphone but because the servers I need to connect to aren t the right version I can t use it licensing issues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-apps-not-working-on-vista-but-work-on-xp.745127/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,
We have a new system using Vista Home Premium, and would like to know which AV apps work in Vista?
On my XP Home machine ( from suggestions here ) we have been using AVG Pro, Spy-Bot Search and Destroy 1.4 and Ad-Aware SE, Hijack This, recently getting SAS for a problem.
I ordered the new system without any AV, not realizing Vista is still new enough to possibly have some compatability issues with some apps.
This will be a broadband (FiOS) connection behind a NAT router.
Any help will be appreciated.

A:Which Anti-Malware Apps For Vista?

Here is the current list of Vista ready software from wiki.castlecops.com
Ad-Aware 2007
AVG Anti-Spyware
DrWeb Cureit Scan
Rogue Remover (Free Version)
Spybot S&D
SuperAntispyware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-anti-malware-apps-for-vista.648039/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a vista home basic 32bit. I had it for a while as an offline desktop for doing office work, but recently i installed an EDIMAX wireless NIC. I then tried to install McAfee VirusScan Plus 2009. it would not show the install screen. There was a box, but it stayed blank. I am now having a similar problem installing a game. it will not show graphics in the install window, yet i can use already-installed programs. Does anyone know how i can fix this? I am no computer genius, but i know a little bit but i have no idea what the problem is.

A:Vista is not running some install apps

Originally Posted by Gunrunner47

I have a vista home basic 32bit. I had it for a while as an offline desktop for doing office work, but recently i installed an EDIMAX wireless NIC. I then tried to install McAfee VirusScan Plus 2009. it would not show the install screen. There was a box, but it stayed blank. I am now having a similar problem installing a game. it will not show graphics in the install window, yet i can use already-installed programs. Does anyone know how i can fix this? I am no computer genius, but i know a little bit but i have no idea what the problem is.

If you don't have SP1 and the installers are window installer type installers, you may need to get the windows installer cleanup tool. If you search Microsoft knowledge base you should find it. What happened on my Vista Home Premium 32 bit, soon after I got it, was I'd run a program and it would come up and ask me if I wanted to install it, even though it was already installed. Guess windows installer got munged up for awhile.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/208216-vista-not-running-some-install-apps.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I read repeatedly that Windows Vista absolutely will not run 16-bit apps. I figured everyone knew what they were talking about, so never gave it a second thought. My mother boldly tried running her old Windows Entertainment Pack games (Cruel Solitaire, Block Breaker, JezzBall, etc.) on her brand new Win Vista laptop and lo and behold... they ran.

I put the games on my Vista machine and tried them and they ran on this as well. The only thing I noticed was that Vista doesn't load the icons of 16-bit apps, just its generic icon, but the programs themselves did indeed run.

Now do these programs run on our Vista machines because we're running x86 Vista, or was the whole thing about Vista not running these programs just more hate mongering and misinformation?

A:I thought 16-bit apps didn't run in Vista

I would not take this as as carte blanche for older applications. The installers of old applications can get ignorant and overwrite newer DLL system files with old versions compatible with themselves, but incompatible with newer apps that will expect the newer overwritten version of that DLL that would have installed or already existed when the newer app installed. This can cause all kinds of problems and be difficult to fix since a simple uninstall of an offending app will not correct the problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193155-i-thought-16-bit-apps-didnt-run-vista.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm running on Vista and for some reason the Tray Apps. popup comes up everytime I start up the computer. I can try and close it out but it keeps coming back up. I can hit ctrl+alt+delete and it'll go away until i turn the computer on again. Can someone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/tray-apps-popup-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it-vista-287200.html