Windows Support Forum

RAM capping while downloading large files

Q: RAM capping while downloading large files

Hi fellow techspotters,

odd thing has happened to my friend, whos pc I have handbuilt. Every time he starts downloading lets say 1gb or bigger file his RAM starts to fill up. No processes are visible to be the cause. Cpu usage stays on normal level, but the ram just keeps on filling. Until it is throttled by capping on 8gb and he is forced to pause the download and reboot the machine, and the RAM is cleaned.

I posted this under networking, because I doubt that it is a hardware related problem.
The numbers go some like this. 8gb of RAM = 20gb of download -> cap -> restart -> ram clear -> restore download. And the RAM gets used oddly like its ment to behave like this. Does it store something on the way?

It isnt actually a problem, my friend can cope with it. But I as a builder of the PC would really like to solve this. I have never encountered such memory behavior with downloads before.

Screencaps of the situation available when I get home from work.

cheers
m

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RAM capping while downloading large files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: RAM capping while downloading large files

Does the machine have an anti-virus installed? And if so, does memory usage have the same effect with or without active scanning?

When monitoring Task Manager, which process is using the memory allotment that appears to be accumulating? Killing the process should clear memory usage by that process.

Forgive me as I beat around the bush, not really knowing what to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-capping-while-downloading-large-files.212335/
Relevancy 73.1%

Yo,

Right now I'm trying to download a service pack for someone but its not working! It gets up to a certain amount and then kind of freezes, the transfer rate is still there, everything looks ok but theres no activity.
I have an adsl connection with bulldog and im just trying to download the default xp way(no getright or download managers). when the download freezes I can still get web pages to work and, checking in the router, the connection hasn't been dropped.

Anyone help?

A:Probs downloading large files...

Try using one of those download managers. They will enable you to resume the download to finish it. They also allow for multiple threads to a server to get the max connection speed out of your connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/probs-downloading-large-files.8768/
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently had to replace the HD in a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows XP Pro SP I rebuilt the HD installing Windows FireFox Malwarebytes and other needed software programs I tried to download the printer driver for an HP printer which was MBs After restarting the download a few times I was Downloading stalls files large finally able to get all of it The client would like the HP software package as well which is MBs When I attempt to download this file about MBs download and then Downloading large files stalls then Downloading large files stalls it stalls and times out I have tried on different days but had the same result The laptop is connected to the internet using Charter Spectum with an ethernet cable to the modem This is a very fast connection at about mbps The MB download should complete in about - minutes Smaller downloads are almost instantaneous It seems to be specific to the large file downloads that take more time I have tried resetting the TCP IP protocol and running the WINSOCK fix I have also tried disabling the firewall in VIPRE Internet Secuity but nothing I have tried has resolved the download issue Would appreciate any and all suggestions I have googled the problem but have not found a solution there either

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-large-files-stalls-1068122.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I need to download updates for my computer My problem is I only have dial-up inernet acces with a kbs modem When my downloads start the speeds start at about around kbs then rapidly decline to around kbs and then stay steady between kbs and about kbs Is there a way I can speed up the downloads without swithching internet service or spending lots of Of Files Large Downloading Slow money I need to Slow Downloading Of Large Files download about mb worth of files for my computer and can not Slow Downloading Of Large Files be on the computer all day waiting for the downloads Total of or files and they are all large Also High speed internet access is unavailable in my area at this time or else I would have it I have a Dell Dimention E with an AMD Athlon x dual core processor GHz mb of RAM bit operating system with Windows Vista Home Premium and a Conexant D PCI V modem I hope this information helps Any assisstance will be a great help Thank you

A:Slow Downloading Of Large Files

Well if your dial-up is 56k, then your average transfer rate should be at around 4-6 Kbps on average. There arent really any ways to optimise your internet speed though, you probably will have to get better internet when it is availible otherwise there isnt much that you can do. Also, dont download any programs that say they optimise internet speed, because, they are Spyware and do either nothing or slow down your internet even more. Also, I would say that downlaoding that much with dial-up could take a couple of days. Hope you get broadband in your area soon!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122529/slow-downloading-of-large-files/
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently had to replace the HD in a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows XP Pro SP I rebuilt the HD installing Windows FireFox Malwarebytes and other needed software programs I tried to download the printer driver for an HP printer which was MBs After restarting the download a few times files large downloading XP Windows with SP3 Trouble PRO I was finally able to get all Trouble downloading large files with Windows XP PRO SP3 of it The client would like the HP software package as well which is MBs When I attempt to download this file about MBs download and then then it stalls and times out I have tried on different days but had the same result The laptop is connected to the internet using Charter Spectum with an ethernet cable to the modem This is a very fast connection at about Trouble downloading large files with Windows XP PRO SP3 mbps The MB download should complete in about - minutes Smaller downloads are almost instantaneous It seems to be specific to the large file downloads that take more time I have tried resetting the TCP IP protocol and running the WINSOCK fix I have also tried disabling the firewall in VIPRE Internet Secuity but nothing I have tried has resolved the download issue Would appreciate any and all suggestions I have googled the problem but have not found a solution there either nbsp

A:Trouble downloading large files with Windows XP PRO SP3

Easiest solution is to download the file on to a computer off site using a different service provider. Put the file on a USB stick and take it to the client.

I think the client needs to contact Charter about the difficulty downloading items from the internet.
1. Does Charter still support XP? That might be part of the problem.
2. Is there a limit on data downloaded? Comcast has caps in some areas. I'm not sure what happens when you approach or go over the limit because I am no where near any data allowance cap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-downloading-large-files-with-windows-xp-pro-sp3.1160906/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, all. Wondering if anyone can help with this. When downloading large files, either via uTorrent, Steam, or other services, at random times my computer will freeze, requiring a hard restart. No BSOD or anything, just a freeze. It doesn't happen every single time I download large files, but it does happen often enough. I suspect that it may be a problem with the wireless network card, but I'm not exactly sure, and wanted to get some insight before I replaced anything. It's been happening since I built the machine, but I narrowed it down to downloading large files just recently. I ran the diagnostic tool, and I am attaching the zip, though there is no minidump, of course. Thank you in advance.

A:Computer freezes when downloading large files

If it helps, in the event log, event 17429 is when I reset the computer tonight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328262-computer-freezes-when-downloading-large-files.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Here's what I found via BlueScreenView The AM minidump shows the following filenames in Files Browser Large From Downloading When BSOD red athrx sys ndis sys ntoskrnl exe tcpip sys I've done some searching and it seems this is related to LAN Wifi drivers The AM show the following filename in red ntoskrnl exe This could be related to a myriad of different things Mind you when I did a clean install of Windows bit a few months back I never bothered to install any third party drivers as Windows took care of most of BSOD When Downloading Large Files From Browser that Any BSOD When Downloading Large Files From Browser help on pin-pointing the problem would be greatly appreciated I've gone ahead and attached the minidump files SF Diagnostic Tool zip file as well as the BlueScreenView screenshots Note my laptop is not overclocked and is not overheating System Info OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire System Type x -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed AMD Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Acer V Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB

A:BSOD When Downloading Large Files From Browser

Code:
DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000004, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 82b3b943, address which referenced memory
Bug Check 0xC5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (Windows Debuggers)

Quote:
The kernel attempted to access pageable memory (or perhaps completely invalid memory) when the IRQL was too high. The ultimate cause of this problem is almost certainly a driver that has corrupted the system pool.

If you get no help from that try enabling Driver Verifier,

Information
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Driver Verifier will cause your computer to run very sluggishly - this is normal. What it is trying to do is force your system to BSOD and isolate the offending driver/s. When it does, reboot, disable driver verifier, reboot as normal and upload the new dmp file/s here.

I recommend creating a system restore point before turning on driver verifier:
System Restore Point - Create

If your system fails to boot to desktop once driver verifier is enabled, turn it off by booting into Safe Mode:
Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337216-bsod-when-downloading-large-files-browser.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Having Windows 7 Crash overnight when downloading large files or using Torrent. Attached is the .dmp file.

A:Windows 7 Crash Downloading Large Files

The dump file gave the error below and pointed to utorrent as you suspected.

Quote:
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

BSOD Index

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002e18477}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5s64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+b76b )

Followup: MachineOwner

* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002e18477, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800031070e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
hal!HalpDmaNextContiguousPiece+103
fffff800`02e18477 448b08 mov r9d,dword ptr [rax]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

You have few drivers that need updating. Update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Here are the drivers that you need to update, especially regi.sys Apr 16 2007, SFEP.sys Aug 03 2007, and SonyPI.sys Aug 03 2007.

Code:
e1y60x64.sys Aug 18 2008
NWADIenum.sys Jan 14 2008
regi.sys Apr 16 2007
Sahdad64.sys Oct 27 2008
Saibad64.sys Oct 27 2008
SaibVdAd64.sys Oct 27 2008
SFEP.sys Aug 03 2007
shpf.sys Aug 22 2008
SonyPI.sys Aug 03 2007
VSTAZL6.SYS Oct 15 2008
VSTCNXT6.SYS Oct 15 2008
VSTDPV6.SYS Oct 15 2008
While updating these drivers may not be the cure, Windows 7 does not like older drivers, especially those dated 2007.

After you update these drivers, reboot and run y... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91908-windows-7-crash-downloading-large-files.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,
For a while now, I've been having a recurring BSOD giving the message "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I believe it may be related to something to do with my network settings/drivers, as more recently, I noticed that it occured when I attempted to download game updates that were around 1.5GB in size. I have tried reinstalling networks drivers, but it does not appear to have worked. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you.

A:BSOD during downloading of large files, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

You are right, it is some network issue. But apparently no reason behind such a network crash is not visible in any dumps, which is a sound ground.

If you have any network bandwith monitoring/controlling program, uninstall it as a test. Uninstall peerblock too. Letus see if it causes any difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322899-bsod-during-downloading-large-files-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I ve recently switched from Verizon Mbps to Time Warner Mbps both were wireless and installed a new router that I bought off the tech guy while he was there After setting up the router with Warner and hooking it up I noticed a strange problem with this new internet connection Whenever I d download a large file say larger than a few MB my internet would lock up and crash - forcing me to disconnect from and then reconnect to the wireless signal to resolve the problem This happens either during large file downloads or heavy traffic moments such as loading multiple webpages at once So whenever my internet connection dies on me a quick windows diagnostic says that the DNS cannot be contacted because there is no ethernet connection What s more though is that large cuts whenever Internet downloading files out this apparently only happens with my wireless connection because the downstairs computer which is hooked up to the router with an ethernet cable never experiences this problem This has me genuinely confused here Is my computer simply forgetting for a split second that it uses wireless and just defaults to looking for a LAN connection Or is this a problem with the router or Internet cuts out whenever downloading large files the service provider itself - Time Warner - since I never had this problem with Verizon nbsp

A:Internet cuts out whenever downloading large files

from Verizon 2 Mbps to Time Warner 15 Mbps (both were wireless)Click to expand...

Please educate me on this. Verizon has both DSL and mobile wireless, and 2 Mbps sounds reasonable for either. But I thought that Time Warner was only (coax) cable? And 15 Mbps download sounds to me like a cable service, not mobile wireless and not fixed wireless.

What networking equipment (brand and model) do you have? You mentioned a "modem" and a "router." Anything else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-cuts-out-whenever-downloading-large-files.1081955/
Relevancy 71.38%

Did a clean install of Win 8.1 Pro x64 on a desktop i7-2660K machine a week ago. Since then, there's been a problem that didn't exist before the clean install, namely web page loading is very slow while downloading large files, a few hundred mb to a few gb. Pause the downloads and pages load normally. Before the install, the page file was set to system managed size. System drive is fast Plextor SSD and RAM is 16gb. I've now tried 32gb max and still slowness. Not sure where to turn on this. This is a relatively fast cable system (Charter), with line to the computer through an Linksys E1200 router (for wireless laptop). Any ideas? One thing I hadn't done yet is reinstall the router on the desktop, but I just did that and it makes no difference. Is that necessary? Thanks,

A:Slow web when downloading large files after clean install

I'm interested in any responses to this as well, because in my opinion Microsoft screwed it up.

I'm not sure when they changed it, but I noticed they changed this quite a while back. The change they made seems to give full bandwidth to the first thing you start downloading, but as you've discovered it's a nightmare like this because it means you can't do anything internet related until the download has finished. In the case of a large download, that's frustratingly limiting.

How it was before, Windows seemed to balance the load so you could have something downloading in the background, but still carry on with other things on the internet. How it is now, the second thing you try to access on the internet will usually result in a timed out error and if doesn't it's so incredibly slow that it's unusable.

It's not just with file downloads either, if you've got a heavy loading webpage, you can't just leave it loading that page and go view another webpage, because the first webpage sucks all the bandwidth to itself . Also, if you click a link on a heavy loading webpage, it won't do anything due to the webpage sucking all the bandwidth. So you either have to wait for the whole page to load first, or you have to open the link in a new tab, then close the heavy loading webpage tab.

I don't know what they were thinking to be honest because it's pretty bad as it is now. Maybe on a super-fast Microsoft LAN they don't notice how bad it is, but in the real world the changes they made are terrible.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60000-slow-web-when-downloading-large-files-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I recently had to upgrade my harddrives crashes downloading semi-large Internet files while when I kept getting a quot No load past start screen quot error I pinpointed the area Internet crashes while downloading semi-large files to one of the harddrives and replaced it accordingly After doing Internet crashes while downloading semi-large files a fresh install of the OS and everything I noticed my computer was a little sluggish and the internet was slow Having being a little idiotic about reprogramming computers I asked a friend who works on computers to fix it He did the same thing that I did Internet crashes while downloading semi-large files but reinstalled the drivers differently and the internet worked perfectly after that After getting the computer back I started installing my games and noticed the internet kept disconnecting on my laptop alone While the rest of the house has internet and that it would usually spike at a certain point then drop to a kbs download and the internet icon would show the quot Internet has disconnected quot icon Thinking it was just a minor setback I didn't think anything of it well its been a month now and it is still disconnecting I have tried updating the drivers but to no avail as they're all up to date Or so it seems and ran virus scans reg cleaners If anyone has any tips please help Also interesting things to note Windows Alienware MX gb memory Atheros Gigabit ethernet controllerr Killer wireless N adapter Nvidia geforce m graphics And intel R HD graphics

A:Internet crashes while downloading semi-large files

Hi Hammyobob.

The internet discunnection at random may be caused by a lot of factors. Some (hardware and software related) of them are within your control and some are from the part of your ISP.

Can you let us see some info?

upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
These two files will help us to have a closer look at the things that is within your control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/334359-internet-crashes-while-downloading-semi-large-files.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Dear all,

The application I'm working on uses the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0 (Inet) with the GetChunk method in VB6 to download updated components from our server. This has worked fine on hundreds of installs with XP and more recently on Vista.

However, on one user's Windows Vista system, the application returns a runtime error 7 "Out of memory" when downloading files larger than, say, 6 MB.

Installing Vista hotfixes has had no effects; disabling installed antivirus software (Norton) had no effect.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Your thoughts on this subject are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Elvenstone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/runtime-error-7-when-downloading-large-files-with-inet-204271.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I have a quot little quot problem When i start downloading large data files with multiple connections it does not matter which download manager i use - flash get jdownloader IDM it starts blocking large files while downloading Memory data to consume a lot of MB until it consumes all of it but when i close the download manager only Memory blocking while downloading large data files about MB becomes free before downloading started i had used only MB Memory blocking while downloading large data files and after closing download manager it is used MB MB and there is no program in task manager which Memory blocking while downloading large data files would consume such a lot of memory and i can free the ram only by restarting computer This happens to me on celan RC version and even on clean RTM version I have quite a fast conenction Mbps so the RAM runs out quite fast in minutes i have no free ram This happens only in Win in Vista XP it downloads without any memory leak using the same download managers Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve it THX EDIT I have bit systems see My System Specs under this post to view HW ane please vote only if you are downloading in Win EDIT Problem solved - since i uninstalled nod i have had no memory issues

A:Memory blocking while downloading large data files

Quote: Originally Posted by martinpelant

Hello I have a "little" problem.
When i start downloading large data files with multiple connections (it does not matter which download manager i use - flash get, jdownloader, IDM) it starts to consume a lot of MB until it consumes all of it, but when i close the download manager only about 200 MB becomes free (before downloading started i had used only 900/2048 MB and after closing download manager, it is used ~1800 MB / 2048 MB and there is no program in task manager which would consume such a lot of memory and i can free the ram only by restarting computer. This happens to me on celan RC version and even on clean RTM version.
I have quite a fast conenction 50/50 Mbps so the RAM runs out quite fast (in 15 minutes i have no free ram).
This happens only in Win7 (in Vista, XP it downloads without any memory leak using the same download managers)

Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve it?
THX

Well lets start with is ot 32bit? when this happens what does the process tab in task manager say is using the memory? to open task mgr rightclick taskbar.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/21353-memory-blocking-while-downloading-large-data-files.html
Relevancy 71.38%

The computer run into BSOD for several times, blaming for L1C63x64.sys, which I found is related to NDIS Miniport Driver f , C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys.
My Qualcomm driver is the newest version. I really appreciate you if you could help me.
The attached file shows more details.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68693-bsod-downloading-large-files-error-0x000000d1.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my windows vista (ultimate x64).
It crashes in BSoD every time I try to download one or more large files at once (>=100Mb), or when I surf on many internet pages at once (e.g. when I start Opera and it opens 10 tabs simultaneously).

Anyone has the same problem/a solution please? That would be so great.

I hope it's not due to my hardware, since it's a new computer, but I had another o/s before (XP) on the same computer, and it didn't crash.

I hope you guys can save me =)

Greetz,
itlar

A:Windows vista crash when downloading large files

*Bump*

I'm sorry, but I really need help with this...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/191580-windows-vista-crash-when-downloading-large-files.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello ! I need help !!! im getting bsod when i download games via steam or torrent... not happening when i play games or use browser.

I put the crash files... if anyone can read them and get some clue... it's really annoying .,..i need ages to download games like gta 5 because it get bsod after 1 min of starting the download

A:BSOD when downloading large files(eg via steam or torrent)

Quote: Originally Posted by lboomheadshot

im getting bsod when i download games via steam or torrent

Don't download games through torrents then. We don't support piracy on this site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376311-bsod-when-downloading-large-files-eg-via-steam-torrent.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, My computer started freezing while downloading large files in uTorrent, About 10 minutes after starting uTorrent the PC starts to be really really slow and 1 minute after it freezes, only restarted/shutdown solve the problem, I've been using uTorrent for years and never had this problem, I mean it happens when I download a 15GB movie, but two months ago I downloaded a 170GB TV series and no problems were with that.

So I thought maybe its a problem in the HDD (not in the space, I have aprox. 150GB free in C and 220GB in D), I don't really know what to do, hope that you will help me

Thank you.

A:Computer freezes when downloading large files in uTorrent

What happens when you attempt a large direct download from a non-uTorrent site? Try one of these 3GB+ ISOs for a test:

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

If any of the above work OK, then it is clearly a uTorrent issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/34857-computer-freezes-when-downloading-large-files-utorrent.html
Relevancy 70.52%
A:Why does system get all lagged and choppy after downloading large files overnight

It could depend on where you're saving them to. If you have a Partition, setup your download directory in there, well away from the system files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-system-get-all-lagged-and-choppy-after-downloading-large-files-overnight.278148/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello First of I would like to welcome everybody on this forum whenever I had any trouble with my computer I managed to large Client-Torrents files free downloading P2P Windows with when find the solution on this site however this time I am helpless Windows free when downloading large files with P2P Client-Torrents so I have registered myself Now back to the case I am using Sony Vaio laptop with Windows free when downloading large files with P2P Client-Torrents i M gb of RAM NVIDIA GeForce M graphics card and sony motherboard running Windows Professional Couple of days ago computer started freezing when downloading torrent files also during copying any larger files from partition D I run checkdisk literally checked what I could found nothing so I decided I will do a clean install of Windows That did not help either so after excluding hard drive failure no bad sectors no errors I decided to nuke the whole drive so everything would be fresh Used DBAN which finished after hours or so no errors everything went smoothly including the install of fresh Windows Professional There are no bug errors hard drive problems with the computer I did run checkdisk again checked the drivers everything is fine I have managed to narrow the issue to Vuze Client which was freezing the whole system first after - minutes then immediately after opening application I also tried Deluge and BitLord - same thing works fine and then starts to freeze the system I am able to use Chrome during the freeze for example yet my internet connection is frozen too I cannot restart the computer through the start menu even if i manage to click on the quot restart quot button The only solution is hard reset with on off button I have read several threads about similiar issues and none helped me I tried reinstalling Realtek Ethernet Driver which allegedly works fine installed previous versions of it newer one etc also tried to find Task Offload in Advanced setting of the driver but it was not there Tried uninstalling Norton not a solution either I have also noticed that if the file is not larger than GB the torrent client does not freeze the system and there is no problem with finishing the download Larger files freezes everything though What else can i try I upload the zip file with log hope that helps a bit Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my English sadly that is not my native language Cheers Raf

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389524-windows-free-when-downloading-large-files-p2p-client-torrents.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi when I download large files gt a few GB without throttling my download speed to about kB s my internet connection dies for a few minutes At regular downloadspeed MB s it dies at around MB at slower speeds it seems to get a bit further before halting kB s gets me to around MB kB s finished the last download successfully file was GB I large few files when quickly minutes dies downloading a Internet for remain connected to the router packets received sent still going strong but I can't access the internet and if I use the windows troubleshooter it tells me IP configuration was invalid or default gateway unavailable I googled the problem and the only tips I found were quot throttle your download speed quot works but that's not a good solution and quot Internet dies for a few minutes when downloading large files quickly disable 'allow other network users to disable connection' quot which did nothing I get the same problem on my laptop but when the internet on my PC is crashed I can still access the web from my laptop and vice versa Thanks in advance for you help

A:Internet dies for a few minutes when downloading large files quickly

My bet goes to router

Is your modem and router separate devices? Would your connection work if you plug the modem to computer directly?

I guess some routers have a passthrough configuration, if above is not feasible.

If all above fail try factory reset on the router. Make sure you have all the configuration details noted down, you will need them after the reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370334-internet-dies-few-minutes-when-downloading-large-files-quickly.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I put together a mostly new machine on Saturday Everything is new but power supply case and graphics card Within an hour of getting windows installed I got my first BSOD while downloading some games The error code appears to be pretty generic so after looking on google for a few minutes I decided it may have been an issue by error large 0x0000007e files New possibly downloading caused build caused by not installing windows updates so I initialized them and started browsing the web There were quite a few updates including SP but before they could finish downloading I got another BSOD which caused the updates to fail After trying a handful of times New build error 0x0000007e possibly caused by downloading large files I was able to get most of the updates to install there are still that fail every time not sure if it's related or not but I'm still experiencing the BSOD I left my computer on to download a game through Origin and when I came back a little over an hour later it had reset after crashing I got the notification after signing in I started the download again went to bed and when I woke up the computer had restarted again after a crash I've used WhoCrashed to analyze the crashes and it's calling out both the graphics driver and the ethernet driver as possible culprits I have the latest driver available from the manufacturer's website for both

A:New build error 0x0000007e possibly caused by downloading large files

Lately we have notices a good lot of BSOD issues with 14.12 omega driver installed.

Uninstall your installed latest version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install version 14.9 WHQL only.
AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL Download
Late us know the result. Additional steps may be required depending on the situation.

EDIT: Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
At least, remove the "Killer Network Manager" from startup.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f313160, fffff88003ef1dd8, fffff88003ef1630}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+cd160 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800f313160, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88003ef1dd8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88003ef1630, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+cd160
fffff880`0f313160 488b4130 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx+30h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88003ef1dd8 -- (.exr 0xfffff88003ef1dd8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800f313160 (atikmdag+0x00000000000cd160)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000030
Attempt to read from address 0000000000000030

CONTEXT: fffff88003ef1630 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88003ef1630;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=fffff8a01206d198 rdi=0000000000000001
rip=fffff8800f313160 rsp=fffff88003ef2018 rbp=fffff8a01caba198
r8=0000000000000003 r9=0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358884-new-build-error-0x0000007e-possibly-caused-downloading-large-files.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

The topic title is basically my problem. When trying to run ipconfig using the cmd it returns nothing. Also, when downloading large files my internet will stop working and then start working after a while.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Not sure what other information would be required. Let me know. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help pinpoint this problem.

A:Ipconfig returns nothing in cmd. Possible virus? Also, internet stops working when downloading large files.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post.You've run the Network Troubleshooter already?http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/ , I would run all of the fixes.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460183/ipconfig-returns-nothing-in-cmd-possible-virus-also-internet-stops-working-when-downloading-large-files/
Relevancy 58.48%

I will shortly need to move a large number (20,000) very large (20-30Mb) image files and associated tiny xmp sidecar files from one hard drive to another.

MS file explorer will make a meal of this so any suggestions for alternatives please? I have several folders each containing many thousands of files as above so moving a folder en-bloc is an option rather than file by file?

A:moving large number of large files to new drive

Simply drag and drop the folder(s).

Might want to do a copy first, verify that everything did indeed get copied, and then delete the originals.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/moving-large-number-of-large-files-to-new-drive-871362.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently purchased Visual Studio 6.0 and want to download a 132MB file with samples of the several venues comprising the Studio. Yesterday, I spent 15 hours at my machine trying to download this large file (56k Modem) and at 131+MB, my connection to my ISP broke and I lost it! I have tried several times before and after this crushing loss and have had similar problems.

Is there any software or other means to "restart" when a downloading process has been broken off and continue the download? That seems possible, say, when downloading Microsoft service packs and upgrades . . . but can I do it too?

Thank you!

A:Solved: Large File Downloading

Hi,

There are numerous download managers that will resume a broken downloads

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...sume+broken+download&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Zdnet.com and download.com are probably your best sites.

Do you know someone with a Broadband connection who could download the file for you. Or use an Internet Cafe

In both cases burn the files to CDR

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-large-file-downloading.386099/
Relevancy 55.04%

The situation is as follows I've got a computer that doesn't show particularly high CPU usage but multiple instances of explorer exe spawn and take up lots of memory up to BG of ram each Based on looking at the network traffic for this computer on my router it virus Possible downloading in large of data background amounts looks like it's connecting to web sites and downloading video files mp and flv files I'm assuming these files are being stored in ram by explorer exe somehow and this is whats using up all the ram Internet explorer doesn't seem to work most of the time it simply doesn't load web pages Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background so it's probably part of the infection or infected by the same virus Also while multiple instances of Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background explorer exe are running GPU utilization goes up to as reported by process explorer I'm not really sure why that is happening Unfortunately I've already tried running Malwarebytes combofix Eset's online scanner Kaspersky's online scanner andTrend Micro's online scanner earlier today Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background Combofix deleted a couple of files but that's it nothing else is finding anything the problem seems to still be there tho It looks like dllhost exe and svchost exe are probably involved because even in safe mode while the computer isn't doing anything at all these services will spawn and sometimes despawn and will respawn each-other if killed

A:Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background

Well eventually after looking at the IPs that it was connecting to using Wireshark. One of the IPs was 31.128.104.126. Searching that resulted in a page suggesting it was associated with the TR/Gamarue.A.99 virus. Searching that indicated that Avira actually would have some success finding and removing it.

Despite the fact that no other antivirus scans found any of these things avira found the following.

TR/Gamarue.A.99
e2h[1].htm - html/iframe.arx2
cpc[1].htm - js/iframe.el.2
vsvusgvu.exe - tr/kuluoz.a.87
costcoform_overland_park.exe - tr/kuluoz.a.87 trojan

As well as a bootrecord virus boo/cidox.b.
Avira was able to remove all the other viruses and I was able to find instructions on this site to use Kaspersky's TDSSKiller to remove the boot record virus and was successful there. After that everthing was mostly better except IE was having problems loading some pages. A quick restore/repair of IE's default settings seems to have fixed that. I'll be keeping my eye on the computer for a while to make sure there's no weird memory or GPU utilization, and I'll never know what sort of stuff that virus was up to in the background using up to 4gb of RAM with explorer.exe but at least it seems to be gone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520041/possible-virus-downloading-large-amounts-of-data-in-background/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I have recently bought a used PC and changed the case for a new one, so I rewired the entire system. Since then, the PC keeps crashing when I download large games off steam and sometimes it crashes while I'm watching videos on youtube. Two errors show at different times when it crashes and the main error is: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (wdf01000.sys) and the other one is: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (usbxhci.sys).

Here is the dump file.

DESKTOP-E7VPUUU-Sat_27_08_2016__80359_84.zip

Your help is much appreciated. =)

A:BSOD while downloading large games from steam, error wdf01000.sys

What USB devices are plugged in? Please disconnect everything and let me know if the issue still occurs. Try running sfc /scannow from cmd as admin.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61643-bsod-while-downloading-large-games-steam-error-wdf01000-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'll try to download a file or a flash plugin and they download a little bit and then freeze. I dunno what to do >.<

Relevancy 51.17%

My brother has a fetish for youtube and shite like that. This is making online gaming near impossible. I could smack him but i doubt that would make him stop.

As i am dumped with the bill at the end of each month i want to limit the bandwidth he can use to 1Mbps.

Does anyone know anything about implementing this kind of software? If so is it difficult? And do you know of any freeware to do the trick?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I have a amd 64 3000+ with a x1900GT with 1gig ram. My CS:Source running at 1280x1024 with almost everything on high would run around 30-35 FPS average, often dipping down below 20. I've seen benchmarks with similiar hardware that run a minimum of 70-80 fps. Since if I turn off AA and AF, I get around the same FPS, I was wondering if it's my CPU thats capping the potential of the video card.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Asus A8N-E Mobo
AMD 64 3000+ @ stock
2 x 512 Kingston HyperX Ram 3200
ATI X1900 GT @ stock
200 gig SATA 2 Samsung Spinpoint
LG DVDRW

A:AMD 64 3000+ capping X1900GT?

Hi & Welcome to TS!

That AMD CPU is great, but might be bottlenecking a bit the X1900GT. Why don't you try to overclock a bit that 3000+? I managed to overclock my 3200+ to 3800+ speeds, and it gave a nice FPS boost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-64-3000-capping-x1900gt.64061/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been trying to get my 19" samsung CRT monitor to reach 100hz with windows7, but it seems to be impossible.

I can't find a driver that works for the monitor online, so I made one with RivaTuner, however I can't reach 100hz in resolutions that I know are supposed to get there.

Is this a Nvidia driver issue?

I currently have the latest official one from the Nvidia page.

A:Nvidia drivers capping hz @ 85 hz?

Quote: Originally Posted by olinn

I can't find a driver that works for the monitor online, so I made one with RivaTuner, however I can't reach 100hz in resolutions that I know are supposed to get there.

Is this a Nvidia driver issue?

I currently have the latest official one from the Nvidia page.

Your monitor works best at 1920x1440 @ 64 Hz, it's maximum resolution/refresh rate.

Samsung Syncmaster 957MB Monitor Review - PCSTATS.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/36843-nvidia-drivers-capping-hz-85-hz.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello World,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there was a way to cap memory usage for specific tasks on an indefinate basis. I'm an x mac user who got very used to setting maximum memory usage in the preferences of any program file.

The first thing you are going to tell me to do is go into task manager and change priorities. That's not what I mean. In my experience, priorities are not what their cracked up to be, and tend to do more harm than good.

Lets say I want Program X to never reach beyond 50mb in memory. Is there a way to do this in windows, or possibly a program to do so? I've looked everywhere I am aware of, but I am not the best when it comes to searching around, and tend to fix things without help......this is my eighth computer.....

Any help would be appreciated.
Reyak

A:Capping Task Memory Use

I can't think of any good reason why you would ever want to do this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/capping-task-memory-use-348575.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop using my install media created using the creator on the website. There were no issues with my CPU capping or anything like that prior to the new install.

So ive just realised my computer performing slow so i decided to check task manager and i see my CPU seems to be capping at 0.99 GHZ. I have checked my power options and ensured that the minimum and maximum processor states are at 100% on High Performance mode. My CPU normally runs at over 2.4 ghz. When i restarted my computer it was 2.4 ghz but soon after capped to 0.99ghz. I do not know why. I have taken some screenshots.

Idle:

Whilst running cpu stress program:

What could be the problem, please help

A:Processor keeps capping at 0.99ghz

SOLVED: Just fixed it, I do not know why but my CPU caps on anything besides the power4gear poweroptions.

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33857-processor-keeps-capping-0-99ghz.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have has this problem from day one on a c printer and I finally got around to write to HP about it They responded and acknowledge the problem in the e-mail with a link to a document on this issue http h www hp com en docume ocName bpa Also here is the text that was sent back According to your e-mails there is ink in the capping station of your station ink dripping HP capping printer in HP Deskjet C printer and you believe that the ink from HP printer dripping ink in capping station the cartridges is leaking into the capping station It is normal for a little ink to be present in the capping station or the small rectangle containing absorbent material at the home position There are multiple uses of the capping station Some of these uses are Cleaning the nozzles This will clear any dust particles that may have been stuck on the nozzles during the printing process Cleaning excessive ink The often times excessive ink may be sprayed and some of it will remain at the nozzles and may cause ink smearing The absorbent material will absorb this excessive ink and keep the nozzles clean Hence the ink being observed in the capping station The wet material in the capping station caps the nozzles and prevents the ink from drying at the nozzles This quot little ink quot would be a mountain if I havving been cleaning it everytime I refill the cartridges As far as I am concerned it is a real problem probably due to their negitive pressure black cartridge design I haven t seen any other posts anywhere on this and I can t believe no one else has brought this up I estamate at least of the ink is wasted just dripping out Of course HP is feverishly working on the problem since they have to sell more cartridges to make up for the wasted ink How many others see this and what are your opinons on this BTW this is even with HP cartridges not just refills nbsp

A:HP printer dripping ink in capping station

I can't seem to make your link work..............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-dripping-ink-in-capping-station.104426/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have used Windows Mail for years with very few problems. I prefer to download all mail and then respond, file, delete, etc. About a month ago it seemed to "timeout" on me when trying to download Emails with large attachments (pictures, PDF files, etc). I can access thos Emails through Webmail and file them so they don't continue to try and download, but now I've go a good number of these "stuck" in my webmail.

What could have changed that has now prevented me from downloading these Emails through Windows Mail and how can I fix it? Thnaks for any and all info/advice.

A:Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) not downloading mail with large attachments

Welcome
If you increase the timeout, you should be able to correct the problem
1. Open Windows Live Mail, go to Tools > Accounts...
2. Choose your email account and then click on "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advance" tab
4. Under 'Server Timeouts', drag the slider to change it to a more longer or maximum period of timeouts.

Probably caused by extremely large attachments, or internet slowing down. There are various sites to check the speed.
Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Be sure you are getting the speed that you were promised.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/302816-windows-mail-vista-32-bit-not-downloading-mail-large-attachments.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i am using windows 98 and my computer is very old.i have a very large cache file that i would like to open.does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can do this?i have a lot of files that are very large and cause a problem when i try to open them using wordpad.

A:large files

Why are you open a cache file?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8328/large-files/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm getting a message saying that I'm running out of space of drive c:
I looked at drive c: and there are 2 very large files:
t1d4.1 which is 9,975,232 kb and
t18o.1 which is 2,093,252 kb.
Does anyone know what these file are? Do I need them?

There are 5 similar files with an extension of .2, but their size is 0.

Relevancy 47.73%

hi all can someone tell me why then l download a movie from tv to my computer the file is so large. a movie file is usually about 3 gb but the files l am getting are as high as 13gb thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-files.903719/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am downloading Office 2007 multi-language packs from Microsoft volume licensing. It has 3 large ISO files. 2 out of 3 are way larger than 4.7 gb. I need to install this on someone's pc. How do you recommend me doing this?

A:large ISO Files

Use a virtual drive like Daemon Tools.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-iso-files.720265/
Relevancy 47.73%

A friend of mine went to a yahoo personal profile & went into one of there briefcases, instantly he saw pictures, then it took him directly to a pornographic site. When he hit the Close button it directly took him to another porno website and they kept appearing faster than he could close them. So today I get on the computer & go to explorer & in my C:\Documents and Settings\Jolene\Start Menu there is 2 short cuts labeled ( words I 'd rather not post) I didn't open them I just went to properties got the file names and did a search for those files.

here is the info I retrieved

Size 635 KB
Size on disk 672 KB
16 files/ 5 folders

Size 583 KB
Size on disk 612
15 files / 5 folders

I instantly did a virus scan and found nothing. So what are these files & how do I get rid of them?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

A:Very Large files, what are they

Please do this. Go here http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and download Hijack This. Un Zip it and click on the Hijackthis.exe.

Click the "Scan" button when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.

Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

Do NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless. Someone here will be glad to advise you on what to fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-large-files-what-are-they.169575/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, can someone tell me how to send short video´s from a camera, and phone, in an email. thanks.

A:large files

http://www.howtogeek.com/171328/how-to-send-large-files-over-email/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557812/large-files/
Relevancy 47.3%

My son and I have a need to ocaisionally send large (around 1G) files, mainly music as .wav, mp3 or sometimes video clips.

I have found various sites via Google but am wary of using them, esp' P2P.

The upload speed would not matter, a Gig an hour would do! And I am willing to pay a modest fee.
Rock on
Dave
(Old engineers don't fade away, they just tap&die)

A:Emailing large files

Hi ecc83..

this link may be helpful:
http://www.yousendit.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/emailing-large-files-137969.html
Relevancy 47.3%

How do I unzip a 214 MB cab file with FilZip? Whenever I try to extract it to either the same folder as all the other files from that particular application, or into a new folder or anywhere including the desktop, FilZip stops responding. Would that even be because the file is too big, or do I need to reinstall Filzip or find another Unzip app ?

A:Unzipping large files

It seems that FilZip once had problems handling large files (though the size was more like >1.5 Gb). I would try WinZip, or if you're using WinXP, then its own native compressed files handler. Given the size of the file, try not to do anything else on your PC while it unzips and it will take a while to do. Try leaving it for a while (10 minutes) if it shows up as Not Responding. Sometimes it resolves itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unzipping-large-files.128420/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK

Installed Vista HP

All fine save one (big problem)

In short I cant copy my music and pic dvd. Have a lot of files (almost 4gb). It gets to about 60% and stops copying as per the screenshot. Sometimes it tells me I have not enough memory to complete the opration (not the case as my hard drives are 160gb with plenty of space)

I have tried copying it to my Master hard drive, slave hard drive and External USB drive, all with the same result.

I think its the number of files (20,000+) as I can copy say a game dvd to my hard drive without issue (4.5gb but like 5 files)

Desperate for a solution or a workaround

My specs are Vista Home Premium 32bit, 2gb Ram, 3.4ghz Pentium, 2x160gb Internal Samsung hard drives, Sony G120 DVD Rewriter.

Thankyou

Dom

A:Copying large no of files from DVD

Edit - This is error message I get (copying 4gb to a drive with 122gb free)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copying-large-no-of-files-from-dvd-138652.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a WD TB hard drive installed as an extra drive to to large XP?? access Files in to hold a large series of video files When it was install I formatted it as NFTS Now I have ssome folders that have become quited large in actual size GB and in number of files When the folders on this drive are accessed that have any size to them - GB or more the system hangs with a windows explorer has encountered a problem error Sometimes I get the Dr Watson debugging error Is there a fix for this The event log states an explorer exe error The error as perviously stated states a windows explorer problem not an Internet explorer error I m confused Not sure how to retrive information given on the event log to paste here for viewing Would a HJT log help This has really limited my intended use of this machine Files to large to access in XP?? Any ideas would be so appreciated Thanks in advance Running Windows XP home SP I would delete some of these some I need but I can t stay in the folder long enough to access the actual file or files themselves before the system hangs I can play the files in media player as they all are video files from my home camera but I can t seem to fine a way to delete any of the files in media player either I can delete them from the playlist but they remain in the folder thanks again for all the help you all have given in the past nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

We have three PC's view Cannot large files in IE7 pdf one running XP Pro and the other two XP Home all SP All have IE with Google toolbars all Cannot view large pdf files in IE7 have Acrobat Reader v The two with XP Home can download a full PDF file of any size and read the whole thing in the browser without problems The one with XP Pro won't do that - it downloads say the first MB of the file and gets no further IE displays the bit of the PDF it's got but stops responding and has to be shut down from the Cannot view large pdf files in IE7 Task Cannot view large pdf files in IE7 Manager Right clicking and quot Save target as quot works fine I've used the work round of disabling quot View in Browser quot in Adobe Reader but the behaviour seems very odd indeed and baffles me It's quite consistent on any PDF file greater than about MB Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution other than disabling quot browser view quot as I have done Regards johngie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-view-large-pdf-files-in-ie7-308283.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all First time poster here and I've got a doozy of a problem I just hope this is in the right section Pretty much all large files are corrupt if I save them to either of my hard drives The limit seems to be files... with CRC large errors somewhere around mb under that I'm fine over that I get CRC errors out the wazoo I get occasional glitches in Windows and I CRC errors with large files... tried to run System File Checker but it couldn't repair a LOT of stuff complaining of hash mismatches I've run Scandisk and it doesn't find any problems I ran MemTest for hours without a single memory error I've used SeaTools for Windows and both drives pass all tests SeaTools for DOS reports the drives are fine but the file system has errors it can't fix I ran SpinRite through on both drives Took it a couple of days but came back without any unusual errors I can't for the life of me figure out what's going wrong Can anyone point me in the right direction here System specs can be accessed below on the quot My System Specs quot CRC errors with large files... link

A:CRC errors with large files...

That sounds like a corrupted MFT. Have a look at this: (check the web - there are more tools)

The MFT (Master File Table) is sometimes corrupted. If Microsoft's Checkdisk (chkdsk) failed to repair the MFT, run TestDisk. In the Advanced menu, select your NTFS partition, choose Boot, then Repair MFT. TestDisk will compare the MFT and MFT mirror (its backup). If the MFT is damaged, it will try to repair the MFT using the backup. If the MFT backup is damaged, it will use the main MFT.
If both MFT and MFTMirr are damaged and thus cannot be repaired using TestDisk, you might want to try commercial software like Zero Assumption Recovery, GetDataBack for NTFS.

Source: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Advanced_NTFS_Boot_and_MFT_Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77512-crc-errors-large-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

It seems that almost every time I download Large always files corrupted! a file over MB it is Large files always corrupted! corrupted when I try to use it This mostly affects zips rars and game demos so I imagine it might have something to do with compressed filetypes I get the errormessage saying that the files are corrupt and to try downloading it again So I do from the same location and then from another location Same problems I just ran Ad-aware Spybot and SpySweeper but the problem has persisted It s just downloaded files that don t work and seems to be limited to compressed files but that may just be because you don t often download anything bigger that s not in a rar I figure someone s going to ask for a HijackThis log so here you go Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Downloads HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF ActiveGS cab - http www virtualapple com activegs cab O - DPF D - B- D -A E- B CoGSManager Class - http gamingzone ubisoft com dev packages GSManager cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WRLogonNTF dll O - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service McAfee Framework Service McAfeeFramework - Network Associates Inc - C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe O - Service Network Associates McShield McShield - Network As... Read more

A:Large files always corrupted!

I'd suggest you do a memory test for a couple of hours or more, just to eliminate the obvious.

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic

MEMtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-files-always-corrupted.441922/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is it bad to have a large quantity of pictures in one folder, like 20,000+? Is it bad for my hardrive? Is it going to cause corruption?

A:Large Quantities of Files bad?

no, put to be safe put them into subfolders

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/large-quantities-of-files-bad-148379.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I receive an error message about the Tiff File being too large (anything >1MG) when using Photo Viewer with W7 OS. I was trying to view the files from the DVD drive. Tiff files under 1 mg are not an issue. I can't believe there is such a small limitation. Does anyone else have this issue?

A:Tiff Files Too Large in W7

Photo Viewer made by?Try Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312992/tiff-files-too-large-in-w7/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there any way to copy a large file of 8 GB and above from one directory to another in an NTFS system?

A:Copying Large Files

Yes why not... what's the problem?
you are talking about copy ....not about move?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348860-copying-large-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am using XP Pro - I need to copy a large file from one removable hard drive to another. About 37GB. Windows keeps running a copy for a while then locks up and kicks me out - usually with very little data copied.

Is there a work around or program that can do this?

strange - it should work,

do you have a power setting if idel turn off hardrives etc

I copyed 200GB of data from one removable to another over the weekend - so it should work

you could try copying to the PC and then from PC to drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-large-files.669629/
Relevancy 47.3%

I m one of the network administrators at my business We have set up a local VPN so our networks domain spans about a mile to another location My problem is that I have a Mb network bridge connecting Large Files Sending the two buildings and need to send large Acronis Backup files between the two locations between the servers for data storage I ve tried to send the files many different ways but always seem to fail The backup makes a full backup once a week GB and then makes incremental backups the rest of the week - GB The incremental backups are able to be sent over the network fine However the full backup files take about hours then error out They work fine until the worksite is Sending Large Files open and network traffic causes it to error out I need a way to send this file faster and more efficiently Is there any method or software that would help this I know it s slow mainly to the Mb connection but if anyone knows anything that helped their files transfer more securely that information would help nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

it seems something is clogging up over 20gb of my hardrive and i'd like to find out what it is, unfortunately i have no idea where to begin with, so i'd like a tool that shows me the biggest file on my system so i can delete it.

my hardrive is 80gb, and windows reported 76gb usable, i dont have any large program install at all, the only thing i have is my own folder holding every single one of my files, in total it weights 50gb, and besides this folder, i have absolutely nothing else install on my pc, so i figure something is clogging up my 26gb, and i'd like to destroy it as soon as possible.
thanks for the help.

Relevancy 47.3%

Greetings,

I need to stream large files between two computers (htpc & other is just for storing large files) that are separated by a wall. Both are connected to powerline network adapters and a third computer has a powerline adapter hooked up to a wireless router, all are connected via windows 7 network (all are running windows 7.

Since both network plugs are used I was thinking about using a usb network cable to stream bluray movies from the one that is stored to the other. Wireless/powerline still cause stuttering, doesn't seem to be a fast enough connection.

Is this a good idea? Is there a better solution?

Thanks, marrjam

A:How to stream large files

1. Powerline devices are not fast enough to stream.
2. Unless you use Wireless "n" it will not be fast enough to stream. I have tried 54mb wireless...it does not work well.

Direct wire at 1GB is perfect works very very well. 100mb connections work well, but hi-end BluRay, you will need more bandwidth.

Hope that helps. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/124844-how-stream-large-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi my external hdd made some clicking sounds so I am backing everythingh up and am going to send it back to freecom now I won't budge files 4.7gb large am trying to back up iso files of around gb in size The problem is that when i try to paste them onto another external hdd an error comes up that says quot Cannot copy large 4.7gb files won't budge filename There is not enough free disk space quot It also says I should run a disk clean up There is plenty of disk space GB so I don t think that is the problem I can copy these large iso files onto my internal sata hdd though only to find that I cannot paste them back onto the failing external or another gb external hdd i am using as storge because of the same problem I have little space left on the internal and a lot that needs to be used to back up these isos stuck on the external frecom hdd All the hdds are in NTFS apart from the GB one but the other day I could copy some isos of the same size onto it from the sata internal one which was good The iso files run fine in xp the external hdd that made the clicking noises is fragmented but I don t think this would be the reason why it cannot copy files to another external hdd any help greatly appreciated jake nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I recently experienced some problems with my computer and when I set up a Nova Backup to my external drive I noticed some files on my C drive that I hadn't seen before. Since they had a date and time stamp exactly at the time my problem occurred (9/8 11:55am), I was worried about them. They have now changed to 9/17 and I have seen some reference to them when I googled them, so I guess they're legit but I'm still not clear what they are about. Seems odd I never noticed them before when I set up a backup.

The files are:
hiberfil.sys 6.6GB
pagefil.sys 1.3GB
swapfil.sys 2.6MB

Could you please explain these and when they change and what they are used for?

Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/large-sys-files-on-c-drive-1046025.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've recently become accustomed to checking my temp folder daily I noticed there were a few large files in there usually prefixed with BIT I deleted them only to notice they kept showing up again Currently found files BIT temp BIT A A tmp They are usually around mb in size Googling didn't really help most I could find was some problem with Windows Server or something and otherwise it was bit*.tmp files in %temp% Large mentioning a problem with broken windows updates Problem is I don't have automatic updates enabled in fact I Large bit*.tmp files in %temp% have the Large bit*.tmp files in %temp% whole service Large bit*.tmp files in %temp% disabled The main reason this is a problem for me is because the files are fairly large and if these are getting downloaded constantly they could be slowing down my already slow internet I've already ran a spyware check with Superantispyware and a virus scan with NOD and both showed no infections of any kind My current set-up is Windows XP SP On a somewhat unrelated note I noticed occasionally a wl-setup exe or some such will appear in temp as well also around mb in size The only thing I use that runs on live is MSNmessenger I can't seem to force any of these files to download by using any sort of application so any ideas

A:Large bit*.tmp files in %temp%

I would post in the malware forum. According to this link, BIT1.tmp (also seen with the alias BIT11.tmp) is a malware dropper.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/large-bit-tmp-files-in-temp-417289.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am useing windows xp pro and I would like to do some work from home and I would like to know how much ram would I need to run a spreadsheet in excell with 40,000 lines.I have 512
phisycal plus my video card has 128mb of ram and I noticed that at times my computer uses part of the hard drive at times in swap files.the question is Do I need more ram?

A:How much ram do I need for large files in excel

You shouldn't need more RAM particularly as you can set aside more disc space for the computer to work with. If you find it really slow upadting the data in your Workbook then it would suggest that you could do with some more.
I only have the same RAM as you and I have had 2 or 3 Eight Meg Excel workbooks open at the same time as well as working on this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-ram-do-i-need-for-large-files-in-excel.466687/
Relevancy 47.3%

for some reason i cannot transfer large files (700MB to over 1GB) from a Windows Server 2008 R2 Essentials box to a Windows 7 Pro client.  It just doesn't work; it hangs.  When I try to upload to the server the file copies to 99% with 5 seconds left then hangs for a while then says the file transfer failed.

any ideas as to what could cause this.  just to mention, small files transfer fine ( up to 10MB or so).

A:cannot transfer large files

Whats the network speed like IE(Switches and routers and the NIC on server && PC), sounds like a flood or a disconnect comamdn is beign sent befopre its finished.
I know Windows 7 when it first came out had really bad issues with copy files over a network, i can remember seeing 500 meg appear to take 3 years 4 months and 7 hours!

You checked the event veiwer? generally the first place to look.
How many simaltanious connections are allowed on the shared folder mate?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545979/cannot-transfer-large-files/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK

Installed Vista HP

All fine save one (big problem)

In short I cant copy my music and pic dvd. Have a lot of files (almost 4gb). It gets to about 60% and stops copying as per the screenshot. Sometimes it tells me I have not enough memory to complete the opration (not the case as my hard drives are 160gb with plenty of space)

I have tried copying it to my Master hard drive, slave hard drive and External USB drive, all with the same result.

I think its the number of files (20,000+) as I can copy say a game dvd to my hard drive without issue (4.5gb but like 5 files)

Desperate for a solution or a workaround

This is error message I get (copying 4gb to a drive with 122gb free)

My specs are Vista Home Premium 32bit, 2gb Ram, 3.4ghz Pentium, 2x160gb Internal Samsung hard drives, Sony G120 DVD Rewriter.

Thankyou

Dom

A:Copying Large no files from DVD

I also have this problem. Did you ever find a solution?
Thanks
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-large-no-files-from-dvd.541063/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am having some problems copying large files to my computer from an external hard drive. The copying process starts but then seems to freeze after a couple of minutes. Is this happening to anyone else and is there anything I can do?

OS is Vista?.........according to your specs, along with no other information to help us whatsoever?

So I could 'guess', but a little more information would be nice

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6243-copying-large-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have some large files......800mb and I would like to send them to my son. Does anyone know of a free program that will let me share/send them?

I had installed 4share and that only works on 100mb.

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

I did some data recovery and pulled over 8 million &quot;files&quot; from an external HD.

Searching 'mp3' and 'doc' I verified there are many valid files on my internal drive.

However, when I try to copy them back the window disappears after about 5 minutes of &quot;preparing to copy&quot; and there is nothing on the drive when I look.

It feels like my system is getting bogged down because of the absurd # of files! I can't even right click -> properties to see exactly how many are on there. It starts going really slow and I get impatient after about 8 million.

A:Can W7 handle large #s of files?

Quote: Originally Posted by joe7dust

I did some data recovery and pulled over 8 million "files" from an external HD.

Searching 'mp3' and 'doc' I verified there are many valid files on my internal drive.

However, when I try to copy them back the window disappears after about 5 minutes of "preparing to copy" and there is nothing on the drive when I look.

It feels like my system is getting bogged down because of the absurd # of files! I can't even right click -> properties to see exactly how many are on there. It starts going really slow and I get impatient after about 8 million.

Welcome windows especially 64 bit can handle huge amounts file/folder/ the slowdown may be either it is using up your memory or maybe the hard drive cant keep up. You could either use Acronis or ghost to back them up to one space. Or failing that try doing it in small chunks.;

Let us know if you need more help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13196-can-w7-handle-large-s-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone,

I have recently started using iPhone with Windows 7, and I *think* that some of the videos and photos transferred from iPhone to Windows 7 HDD may be using up much of my HDD space.

Besides the obvious: Checking each file and folder for size and contents, is there a 'performance program' that will identify the larger files on a drive? (FWIW, I recall seeing this as an option one a program I have used in my computer 'travails' over the years.)

Thanks a bunch for any input!

A:How do I identify large files on my HDD?

Take a look at WinDirStat. It will show you a graphical view of your entire disk usage and you will be able to see what folders and files are using the most disk space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/114752-how-do-i-identify-large-files-my-hdd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just about every time I try to permanently delete a large file or folder either by shift delete or emptying the recycle bin the operation hangs up The little Delete Can't Large Files window opens and it counts up the size of the file and that it Nothing else overtly happens The status bar never starts indicating and the window just sits there with the little green lights chasing each other across it If I try to cancel or close the window it nothing happens During the time all this is going on I can hit ctrl Can't Delete Large Files alt del and select Task Manager and it simply goes back to the desktop with this window still squatting there doing it s thing I have pinned TM Can't Delete Large Files to the task bar and Can't Delete Large Files tried starting it from there but it never starts Eventually everything just slows to a stop and nothing works which would seem to indicate some kind of memory leak There are no error messages during any of this I have to hit reset and restart the computer that way in order to regain control and we all know how bad an idea this is I ve already had my boot sector eaten once causing me to have to do a total rebuild and I d prefer not to have to do it again Any ideas what I can look for here Edit Forgot to mention that when I do get the computer restarted the file or folder I was attempting to get rid of is usually gone so the operation itself is taking place I m just not getting my computer back when it s done Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -M Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Well I've been browsing a lot of these threads, and I've come across topics similar to mine, but none have solved this problem. Basically, I am running Windows 7 64bit on an Intel core duo HP pc. I'm trying to copy RAR or ISO files larger than 4 gb's from a Maxtor external hard drive onto my pc's HDD. Everytime I get an error message saying that certain rar files are unrecognizable and gives me the option to either try again, skip file, or cancel. I had the same problem with Vista 64 bit. It has something to do with a 64 bit system because Vista 32 bit had no problem. I need to use a 64bit system for my 6g's of RAM to be utilized. Please help me out anyone. If you need more info let me know. Thanks.

A:cannot copy large RAR/ISO files

Please update your system specs and provide the complete computer specs. There are a lot of HP computers out there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/29832-cannot-copy-large-rar-iso-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

As most people know, recorded video files can be huge, larger than the capacity of the recycle bin. It has been my experience that files that are too big for the recycle bin are purged directly from the hard disk. I have experimented with recovering such files but have had no success. Does anyone know if it is possible to recover these files and if so what is the process. most software I have tried only shows those files deleted from the recycle bin. I can find no useful reference to recovering large files on the web.

A:Recovering large files

There is some "data recovery software"<---google out there that can retrieve such a file but there will be data loss and offhand I don't know of a free software that's up to the task. Any of the ones you have to pay for well even if they have a trial the have filesize restrictions until software is licensed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovering-large-files-506638.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I looked on the forum before hand and couldnt quite find my problem on here. I recently reformatted my computer, updated etc. I never had problems downloading from storage sites before. Even after the recent reformat. Somthing I did must be interferring with my ability to download large files though.

I can still download small files like 5 mb, but files like 520 mb just keep loading forever and never start in my mozilla download window. If I try saving the link as it works but saves as like 536 bytes.

Ive tried shutting my firewall off, virus protection, but nothing has worked. I'd really rather not reformat AGAIN lol.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 47.3%

This is more of an annoyance than a probem but Files Through Large XP Scanning I would naturally like to find a solution I am running Windows XP Pro and I do a lot of video capturing and compressing of home movies As a result I regularly deal with extremely large avi XP Scanning Through Large Files files sometimes over GB in size Every time I click on a file once to highlight it Windows XP scans through the file to find out what it s properties are dimensions bitrate compression etc That is a really nifty feature but it s really only useful if you have small files The behemoths I work with take quite some time to XP Scanning Through Large Files scan through especially if there was a compression error during processing and the file is not complete And of course Explorer won t really let me do anything else with the file move rename etc until it s finished scrutinizing it Windows did not do this as far as I know I ve been all over the web searching for postings about this but I finally had to ask Anyone know how to disable this quot feature quot I m sure there s a registry setting somewhere Thanks - Kevin nbsp

A:XP Scanning Through Large Files

When a folder is viewed with .avi files Windows XP reads the files to create the thumbnails. It can be disabled by renaming the CLSID for AVI.

Run REGEDIT, select Edit, Find, enter: {87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}
and rename it. Right click it and select Rename.
i.e. -{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}

Then reboot Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-scanning-through-large-files.121687/
Relevancy 47.3%

i have recently completed building a budget pc with the following hardware syntax usa motherboard amd athlon xp ghz kingston pc mb ram single module gb maxtor sata rpm hard drive no brand cd dvd reader cd burner did some digging and found that its made by with troubles files large samsung kaser ati radeon se video card i first noticed the problem when i began installing half life i recieved the error something about a cab file a very large troubles with large files file when i looked on disk then i noticed it again when installing an EA game called ultima online Samurai Empire where i recieved an error randomly sometimes it was the art mul or troubles with large files the art mul or the sound file ive noticed by emptying my temp file run gt temp gt delete all its content will allow an install to proceed further then if i didnt remove the temp files however it still cannot complete an install however things like my motherboard drivers and other files that arent very large can be read written and installed very easily ive ran the maxtor software that checks for hardrive errors and i passed every test i have no software to test the cd drive this is my first build and id realy like to begin playing half life death match and i need to install ms office so i can work on school projects im running windows xp pro with sp any help on this would be grand thanks in advance nbsp

A:troubles with large files

I would guess the CD drive is not reading correctly from the disk. I've had simalar problems. Just certain programs would not load completely. Invested a few bucks in a decent DVD/CD-rom and the problem went away. You may have other problems. Someone else may have some input. (BTW, I believe an Athlon XP 2600 runs at 1.917ghz, not the 1.25 as mentioned in your post)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubles-with-large-files.356077/
Relevancy 47.3%

Say I have a ton of files on dvds and I want to get them all on my USB HD but each file takes like 10 minutes to copy over. Is there a program or way that I can que up a list of files from the DVD and have it copy over 1 file at a time to the USB HD? Thanks

happy hadookens!

A:Copying many large files to USB HD, how to que up?

Hi bonkboy,

Welcome to TSG!

The easiest thing to do is write a script.

Let's assume that writing scripts is new or that you do not know how to write one.

Here is an example of a script (Note - since I don't know what OS you are running, this script may not work on your particular OS or any OS due to errors in the script, but it will give you an idea of how to do what you want as a first cut):

#! /bin/sh
# name of script is: copyscript.sh
todir=$1
fromdir=$2
filelist=`ls -1 $1 $fromdir`
for i in $filelist
cp $i $todir
end
exit

Note: $1 and $2 are the first and second parameters passed into the script from the command line.

You would first need to make the script executable:
$ chmod +x copyscript.sh

Then you would need to invoke the script, as follows:
$ ./copyscript.sh <todir> <fromdir>
where you would replace todir without the brackets (<>) with the full pathname to the folder aka directory where the USB HD is mounted, and, similarly, replace fromdir without the brackets (<>) with the full pathname to the folder aka directory where the files to be copied are currently located.

You can start here to learn about Shell Scripting and go from there according to your system (Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix).
-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-many-large-files-to-usb-hd-how-to-que-up.663165/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ever need to send a file larger than what your ISP allows? Don't know how to use or even own a copy of WINRAR? Don't have time to break up that large file? Not even sure that file will be put back together properly at the other end?Try this site:http://www.yousendit.com/Files up to 1GB. At least thats what they claim.They also do https for those who need it.Be (Large File) SafeDa AnimalMods: If this fits better in another forum. Feel free to move it. Mod Edit - Moved by member request - Leurgy

A:Need to email large files?

sendspace.com is good too...doesn't limit the downloads.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28780/need-to-email-large-files/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have successfully converted about 2 hours of analog, 8mm tape to DVD using Sonic My DVD ver. 4.5. When trying to conver the next hour's worth, it would not let me build a file any longer than about 25 minutes even though it said it recorded about 60 minutes. Any ideas - everything had been working fine? I noticed that the video projects are in C:../My Documents/My DVD's. Is there a limit to that folder size? I wouldn't think so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sonic-my-dvd-issues-files-too-large.38273/
Relevancy 46.87%

Here is of is large slow number files. XP too with the situation We work a lot with IP Cameras or sometimes called network cameras Most of these IP cams have the capability to send jpg images to an ftp server when motion is detected The jpg image is about to k in size and are stored in a folder named for the current date so each day a new folder is created at midnight and all of the images for that hour period are stored there Anyway what is happening is that when these cameras ftp this information to an xp XP is too slow with large number of files. machine on the local mb network some folders end up with A LOT of jpg images in them In one day one camera can store over images in a folder Opening these folders takes XP is too slow with large number of files. a long time sometimes up to minutes just to see the contents I have tried both using and not using File Indexing but it seems to be the same speed either way From what I understand the main resource File Indexing uses is memory The systems these images are being saved to are WinXP Pro machines running at GHZ minimum to GHZ maximum and memory ranges from MB to GB I watch the task manager while loading these directorys and CPU is never over so I assume the CPU has little to do with whatever is causing the system to take so long reading the files Anyone have any ideas as to how I can speed up the process of viewing these folders with so many images in them nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, im not quite sure if this is the right forum, but im sure a moderator can move it if it isn't the right forum. Anyway, i need to open large text files, around 400+mb. (these are for cod4 and cod2 server, they can get to around 2gigs in about 2 - 3 weeks :|) Can anyone recommend and software to opem these? as notepad doesn't open them and neither does wordpad.

Thanks

A:Solved: Large Text Files

http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-large-text-files.722248/
Relevancy 46.87%

Does anyone know of a way to save a large file across two disks. The file is just over 100mb so I cant use just one zip disk and will have to use two. It is already highly compressed as well. Thanks in advance!

------------------
Frenat
------------------
Eagles may fly high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a app or a website or something that can send large files?

So I have about a dozen files that I want to send to a friend in another state. Ranging from about 100 MB to 5 GB. The total of all the files together is roughly 26 GB. One Drive won't let me upload anything over 4 GB. Plus it takes forever.

What I can use to send all these files?

I was looking into this. I don't know how good it is though:
Firedrive | Free Cloud Storage for Everyone

A:Is there anything that can send large files over internet?

I can only think of Dropbox but I don't know what its limitations are.

Also this might be worth looking at
https://www.transferbigfiles.com/features

It might be best to research it on the web just to make certain that it has a good reputation.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/50587-there-anything-can-send-large-files-over-internet.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a problem bringing large files from CD-Roms, the roms are not scratched, usually new, but when copying files from those roms that are larger than 280mb (the smallest Iv had trouble with), the progress bar gets bigger and bigger and the minutes remaining gets lower and lower, but when its almost done, the wait time starts getting bigger and bigger untill it gives this error.

Cannot copy "(insert large file here)" : Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

but my friend is able to copy the files from this latest disk, wich leads me to realise that its not a badly burnt disk, and to post here

Relevancy 46.87%

I have successfully converted about 2 hours of analog, 8mm tape to DVD using Sonic My DVD ver. 4.5. (1hr/dvd). When trying to conver the next hour's worth, it would not let me build a file any longer than about 25 minutes even though it said it recorded about 60 minutes. I previewed the video in with the editor function, and there ws definitely much less than 1 hr. Any ideas - everything had been working fine? I noticed that the video projects are in C:../My Documents/My DVD's. Is there a limit to that folder size? I wouldn't think so.

A:Sonic My DVD issues - files too large?

Are you using Win98 or WInXP? I think Win98 can't handles files bigger than 4GB. Does the program requires you to purchase it? If so are there any trial restrictions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sonic-my-dvd-issues-files-too-large.38424/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to transfer over files from my digital camera to my computer via usb, but one of the avi files won't transfer. Most of the images and videos transfer fine, but when it comes time to downloading a large avi file (992MB) it doesn't work.

I have a Canon PowerShot SD630.

Adobe Photoshop Album Starter gives me the error:

Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 cannot obtain files from this device. Please ensure that the device is connected properly, or that the battery is charged, and try again.

A direct copy of the file using windows never works. It just continues pretending to download, but never actually transfers data.
getCanon! doesn't even find the camera
cam2pc didn't work

Any ideas?

A:Canon Camera AVI files too large

That's an odd one, 992 mb is slightly over the binary one gig limit I read about but the camera should have stopped recording automatically before going over that limit but maybe the camera is looking at that file as being too big and preventing the transfer by the windows direct method which should just take it right off no problem.

I think your best bet is to take out the card and plug it directly into a media reader and see if you can get the file off that way, independent of the camera restrictions/malfunction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-camera-avi-files-too-large.663636/
Relevancy 46.87%

Using Outlook Express (with an attachment) and/or Cute FTP, whenever I attempt to transfer a file larger than 500Kb, the transfer starts OK, then gradually the transfer rate slows and finally stops altogether, usually after about 300Kb have been uploaded. Any thoughts on what could be causing this. It started when I bought a new computer with win98.
Thanks in Advance,
Mac

Relevancy 46.87%

i Have a large old windows backup that i no longer use or need and i would like to free up the space that it is using on my external hd. The only problem it just takes ages to do nothing using vista, is there some program that can do this sort of thing quicker than using vista itself??

charlie

A:Quicky delete Large files

its only taking ages because Vista has to move it from an external hard drive to the recycle bin , it has to transfer this huge file via a USB cable which is a HUGE bottleneck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258129-quicky-delete-large-files.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a video file that is 5+GB. Windows is telling me it can't move it because it is too large, even though there is ample space in the directory I'm moving it too ...

Any ideas as to how to solve this? Thanks.
~~~

A:Moving Very Large Files in Windows 7 x64

Can you post a screenshot of the error and your "My Computer" window showing the hard drives you're moving from/to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238223-moving-very-large-files-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I performed a fresh install of Windows 7 on a SSD. Added a bunch of apps, and moved some of the user folders onto a data drive.

Used space on the SSD shows as 65GB
Sum of files and folders (with operating system files unhidden): 51.5GB

1. What accounts for this difference? It's not the hibernation file or paging file because I can see those.
2. I can see hiberfil.sys is taking up 12.5GB. If I don't want to use hibernation, can I get rid of this?

A:Why is my OS installation so large relative to sum of files?

65 GB is way too much.

Yes you can turn off the hiber file, how much is the page file ? How much is system restore taking up ?

It should only be taking up 20 GBs, depending on page file, hiberfile, system restore etc.

Was this a new ssd ? A clean install to a formatted partition or un allocated space ?

Post a shot of disk management if you like, fully expanded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355609-why-my-os-installation-so-large-relative-sum-files.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I keep on getting very large Gannt Chart PDF files and I am attempting to print them out on my A2 printer Epson 1520 but even on a full A2 sheet the text is still a little smal for my boss to read as he is getting on in years.
Is there a way to print a large PDF like this over two pages instead of just one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-reader-and-large-pdf-files.359089/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all

This has started to happen recently.

Every time I download a large RAR (more than 700 MB), it won't extract properly, and will say there's been a CRC error of sorts. What does that mean?

This has been happening to every large file I download, from multiple sources! I really hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

A:Constant CRC errors on large RAR files

Means the rar is corrupt. If your using the fat32 system it cannot see
anything properly over 4 gigs,,I think. Cant remember if thats the
exact size..But there is a size limitation using fat32,,,unlike ntfs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/constant-crc-errors-on-large-rar-files-427943.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am copying (not moving) 45,000 very large RAW image files from one HD to another on the same computer using the standard Windows copy routine. It is set to take a considerable time. It occurs to me that there might be faster ways. Any ideas please?

A:Transfer large number of files

You could try something like robo-copy which may be a little faster. What throughput are you getting between the drives?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/transfer-large-number-of-files-861562.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i have a large file thats been segmented... how do i put it all back together to make one large file? A mate of mine segmented GT3 from a playstation disk and put it up on his ftp...

But i dont know how to get it back.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 46.87%

I want to transfer large blocks of files (perhaps an entire hard drives worth) from one computer to another. Can I do that directly via a USB or broadband cable without any software, or will I need some transfer softeware to accomplish this? In either case, how do I do it? The computer I'm transfering files from does not have a burner and there are too many files for that in any case.

Thanks

Both PC's using XP.

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a one year old computer running WIndows XP. Each week while running Norton Scan, my files seem to increase by a couple of thousand a month. My computer is not running slow and everything seems normal but I now have 185,000 files on it. I daily delete cookies and temporary internet files using the tools function on the menu. I am not downloading anything other than the updates from Norton and WIndows. This has been happening for about six months. Why are so many files being added? Thank you for any help you can offer.

A:large number of files being added

Hi and welcome to TSG!

I have moved you to security to see if you may have some malicious stuff creating those files!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-number-of-files-being-added.440437/