Windows Support Forum

Fan Speed Issue

Q: Fan Speed Issue

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fan Speed Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 23.22%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 18.49%

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

A:Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 18.92%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 18.49%

My Dell has been acting up pretty recently (6 months old and still under warranty), and the battery does not charge past 80%. Once it get's near the 80% charge, it immediately fills up to 100%.

I've remembered using the laptop for more than 6 hours under moderate use but now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Please give me some advice because I'm really dependent on this laptop.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437 Battery Issue

You have 6 or 8 cells battery. If 6 it's normall. Should work about 2-max 3 hours when new. On 8 cells could work till 5 h.
Producers give only 6 months of warranty on bateries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-battery-issue.210804/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,

I'm working on a XP machine. I think its slowness when installing apps (and also when its installation) is because of the HDD issue. Maybe there are bad sectors. I know that using C:\ drive properties -> tools, I can test the C: drive for bad sectors. But how to see the results!? It's wants me to restart the PC. Is there any log file after finishing of the test?
Is there any better way to find and solve the issue please?

A:HDD issue

The better way is to run a true diagnostic utility like SeaTools. Run a Long Generic test on the drive and see what happens (this will take a while).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.209045/
Relevancy 23.65%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi All I have a strange one here I connect to the net via my Belkin router nothing special about the setup of the router My main pc however I have configured to use a static IP for downloading purposes I have used the same IPV settings for a number of years with no dramas Last night I switched on the PC and connected to the Internet but after a few minutes I got the no internet connection symbol yellow triangle I am connected via networking plugs also so tried the see if they were the issue but they are fine I ran the windows troubleshoot wizard and it came back with Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist I removed my static IP details and tried to connect by obtaining IP details automatically but this had no effect I used my phone s internet connection DNS Issue to google this DNS Issue and was advised to try which I then reinput my static ip details but this time putting the google dns settings and I can connect to the net The wierd thing is that my wifi will not connect to the net my DNS Issue question really is do I need to update the DNS setting in my router in order to get wifi working or should I be flushing DNS on pc the wifi is for my Ipad so not a lot DNS Issue I can do on that to connect Making my brain ache a bit sorry for the long post any help or advice would be appreciated Arvon nbsp

A:DNS Issue

Yes, you can set the DNS addresses in the router manually and then every device connected to that router will inherit your settings when they are configured to you DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-issue.208570/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m doing this on my Toshiba laptop at the moment and you ll see why later in this post Earlier today I acquired an ASUS Z C notebook and had noticed that the keyboard is acting rather strange Certain keys will also register other keys when pressed Here s which ones react this ASUS Issue Z54C/X54C Mapping Keyboard way letters are not case sensitive U will also register Zero will register registers registers R W registers S ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue I I places a Date Stamp this might be the problem There may be others but I d like to move on to the behavior the way this behaves is if I press the key U then quot u quot or quot U quot will show up depending on ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue if I press Shift or not The same thing happens if I press the key This is the same for all others if I press one or the other of these keys in question the other appears with it At first I thought this was a problem with the copy of Windows that was installed so I installed Windows Tech Preview I was going to do so anyway However this behavior did not go away Looking for help and I d be more than happy to resolve this problem I should note that not all keys behave this way but that the majority of them work fine It s just that this should not be happening to begin with I ve also pulled the keyboard out and inspected it I didn t see any dried fluids or any obstructions in the keys Should I perhaps consider replacing the keyboard Sadly I have no USB keyboards to see if the behavior is isolated to the laptops primary keyboard although using the On-Screen Keyboard doesn t elicit this behavior nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-z54c-x54c-keyboard-mapping-issue.208302/
Relevancy 18.49%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 16.34%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All I am having a bit of a strange issue that I have with CPU Motherboard or Strange issue never run into before Yesterday after getting home from the store I booted up my PC and started to play a game although I noticed that I was getting framerate stuttering It seemed to keep dropping a lot throughout my play So I started taking a look at some of my sensor utilities Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard When I opened Asus Probe II I noticed that it was telling me that one of my chassis fans weren t running Okay no problem it must have gone bad I than took at look at the frequency and noticed that my AMD FX- was only running at GHz per core I also checked CPUZ and had the same results So I booted to the bios just to take a look and noticed that it show my Chassis fan WAS running fine and that my frequency was at GHz per core as it should So I though that it must be a fluke Booted back into windows and again same issues So I shutdown and took the side off my case which is also where the Chassis fan it said was running is located Turned the computer back on and noticed the fan was running fine I logged into windows and noticed that seconds after windows logs in that one chassis fan turns off and the CPU underclocks to GHz multiplier All of the other fans in my case still running perfectly GPU running fine HDD s running fine Could it be possible that Asus probe II itself is underclocking my CPU If so what would be causing the fan to shut off My first thought was power-supply but I have no issues when stressing my hardware even in this state I am an IT consultant but have not run into this issue before Any help would be greatly appreciated PC Specs- ASUS m a r Motherboard AMD FX- CPU CoolerMaster HYPER N CPU Cooler Kingston HyperX Blu GB x Galaxy Geforce GTX Ti OC w PowerSupply Cougar Evolution Full Tower Case Samsung gb SSD Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

CPU temperature too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-cpu-or-motherboard.203184/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

A:Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fmuph2-hdd-cable-issue-toshiba-portege-r500.207530/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 19.35%

My pc was getting heated nd fan was a bit noisy.
so cleaned my fan in a shop .when I returned home hardly 10 min my pc worked then shut down
again I went der he saw fan was not moving he pushed it a bit nd it started moving it worked for me till this this evening but again when I shut it down fr a while it gave me the same issue I removed the keypad tried to move the fan with my fingers nd its working now .....
whats the main issue

A:Fan issue

The fan is old and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-issue.207605/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I ve owned my P HM gaming laptop for around years now and for the most part I haven t had any issues However when I start my laptop it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card even after switching my SSD to the position in the bios menu Normally this isn t that much of an issue as I can just cycle through the bios boot options using CTRL Laptop Boot issue ALT DEL The main issue that I am having now is that the last time I was using my laptop I used hibernate instead of the normal quot sleep quot or quot standby quot Now whenever I attempt to start my laptop up the message quot Resume from hibernate quot is on my screen which is normal except it tries to resume using the ethernet card If the laptop is in hibernate evidently I am not able to access the BIOS menu or cycle through my boot drives I have read that a way to fix this Laptop Boot issue might just be taking the battery out and letting any residual power that the motherboard might be running off of fade away over time I read that this normally only takes minutes or so I tried waiting minutes and it Laptop Boot issue didn t work so I just tried again but waited a few hours this time before putting the battery back in and attempting to start my laptop up The laptop is still attempting to boot from hibernate Does anyone know of any way to get to the BIOS menu from the hibernate screen Or does anyone know of anyway to fully shut off my laptop Laptop Boot issue to get rid of hibernate and just start up normally Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Boot issue

it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet cardClick to expand...

This means that BIOS is not seeing any HD, marked Active and contains a bootable partition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-issue.207645/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

A:Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey, so I have an OCZ ZT 750 and its one of the units which runs 100% fan noise when ever im doing anything that requires the GPU, ive seen you can run the fan into a molex with a resistor to keep it constant, but what I want to do is, run it to my fan controller, just so I can ramp the fan up if needed, rather than nailing down the performance.

What I found is the fan is a 2 Pin connector, but fan controllers run 3 pins, am I able to run the 2 pin into the 3 pin on the fan controller and have control over it, or does the 3rd pin need to be connected for it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-the-fan-pin-to-pin-connector.206390/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 18.92%

My brothers schoolwork laptop is frozen the problem occured like 2 days ago were the laptop seemed to be freezing for a couple of minutes and now when he trys to switch it on

Bios is not booting up.

and the only options he gets is launch in repair safe mode and start windows normally. which end up both the same in a black screen and a little black cursor with nothing to do but move the cursor.

after this happened my first reaction was for a complete format so I tried to install him a new copy of windows but my bootable device isnt even being recognized by the system it always ends up in the same screen for the windows startup.

edit ok so I dug a little more.psh..never had a laptop and found out the bios is on the asus logo screen.....well anyhow I booted up the system from the pendrive and the result is always the same the black screen with cursor only

A:Laptop Issue

The laptops hard drive has failed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue.204852/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've recently built a new computer for myself and has been running perfect for a few months. A couple days ago whilst gaming/browsing my monitor went into power safe mode and shortly after my computer shut off, I tried to start up again only to have the same problem occur , the only old parts were a graphics card and psu, I just got in a new gpu and installed it successfully. Same problem occurs. All fans are running properly including the heatsink , processor core temps are around 39 , everything seems to be running ok? Thoughts?

A:Very strange custom computer issue

Check event viewer to see why it shut down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-strange-custom-computer-issue.204679/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 19.35%

My mother in law gave me her old computer because it would start for a few seconds then stop and continue to repeat the process until she unplugged it. I only wanted it for the extra hard drive. After installing the hard drive into my computer (wanting to format it then clone it since it is larger than the one I currently have) it caused my computer to start and stop even being set as a secondary or slave. If I completely unhook it from my computer and start it up again, My normal set up works fine. Any ideas about what could cause this?

A:HDD issue

There is only one answer, the drive has gone bad. Chances are the rest of the machine may still be good.

Will the old machine attempt to boot without a drive? Does it come up to a boot drive not found error? If it does, the HDD was the whole trouble.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.203400/
Relevancy 18.49%

First of all hello from a new user, I have a problem with my computer but I need help to nail it down to one part (I think it's the graphics card, but who am I to tell).
A friend of mine said people over here are very nice and competent so why not try to get help here.

Long story short, I played a game, Velvet Assassin, that is rather buggy (I.e. it didn't let me change the resolution to my native 1680x1050).
After some time the screen started flickering in complete white with some color bars here and there. I thought it was another bug on newer systems and changed the resolution; the problem seemed resolved.

Until my little brother started to play Forge of Empires, that little browser game, where the problem again occured at an even faster rate.

I hope you can help me, I made a short video of the issue, I know it's not of best quality, but maybe it helps.
Thank you in advance

A:Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

Have you tried updating your drivers? Also could you please post the make and model of your laptop /desktop and the system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-hd-6870-flickering-issue.203121/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. I've just purchased some Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red DDR3 Memory with the Specs CAS 12-13-13-35, 1.65V at 2666MHz. I got 2 sets (2x4GB per set, 16GB overall, all 4 slots are occupied). When I choose the XMP profile, the computer fails to post, it resets and then tells me "overclock failed". To get it to boot I set the speed to 2133MHz and it is now stable.

MoBo is an Asus Maximus Vi Hero (Z87) and a Haswell Core i7 4770K with a H60 closed loop on it.
Power supply is a Corsair AX750.

My question is, why can I not hit the advertised speed of 2666MHz? Do I need to send more voltage through them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-xmp-profiles-fail-to-reach-targeted-speed.203152/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok, so I just recently upgraded to a Cat6 cord, I needed a longer cord and the only ones being sold where the Cat6 so I had to get it. Before I installed it, I had a Cat5E, my speed listing was about 3.8mbps give or take.. yeah crappy verizon DSL. But after hooking up the Cat6, I'm now getting about 1.2mbps. I'm rather confused on this, cause from what I read and what I know, that shouldn't cause my speed to dive bomb. And I know it's dive bombed even without the speed test, cause everythings slowed down, loading webpages, gaming, it's all miserably slow. So, I'm at a loss, did I somehow install it wrong? Did I not appease some Tech god before doing it right? Or, perhaps a faulty line?

A:New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Temporarily use the 5e cable again? See if it goes back to previous speed.

My guess would be this should not happen. The cable I would think is sort of a go or no go situation, meaning it works or it doesn't. I'm sure you can have cables with some 'damage' that work but at reduced capacity, but 5e and 6 should be capable of doing 1000Mbps, so when you are talking about a decline from 3.8 to 1.2 that is minuscule compared to what the cable should be capable of, so I really doubt the cable is at fault. Just a weird coincidence based on the information you've given us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cat6-cord-killed-internet-speed.202836/
Relevancy 18.49%

My dad was putting some paper into his printer and had apparently put the paper in too far. When he tried to print something it jammed up and the printer had abruptly shut off. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in however, the printer WILL NOT turn back on at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3510-printer-issue.202348/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi gang. My usb modem HAS to be unplugged then plugged in for it to work?
Even if PC is off when I do this it will automatically start/connect when windows(7) loads and will work normally. If I don't do this I can not get it to work?
'device mngr' shows it as an 'unknown device'?
I have reinstalled it to no avail.

A:USB wireless issue

Are you talking about a modem or a usb network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-issue.201928/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello. my rig is

fx 4100 4.53ghz
amd r9 270
corsair 600w gs600 gaming series psu
ocz vertex 3 90gb boot drive
240gb samsung 840 ssd
500 gb seagate hdd
1866mhz kingston hyperx ram
asus sabertooth fx990 r2.0
so my issue is this. I can overclock the r9 just fine, run benchmarks and whatnot. everything runs stable. I have clocked it as far as 1100 core and 1600 memory. everything ran stable on heaven and 3dmark vantage and things like msi kombustor to check for stability. as soon as I went into a game, it went bsod. so I figured ok. oc too high. I dropped it abit, tried again. same result. I continued reducing the core and memory till it went down to stock, and then it runs stable. any increase in core or memory by even 1 mhz, will cause it to crash in game. drivers are all up to date, bios, things like that all up to date. any suggestions as to why games don't like it? its multiple games as well. me1, 2, 3, swtor, wow etc. thanks

A:Gpu oc issue

Well if the overclock if causing the issue, chances are it can seem stable but then turn out to not be because a certain area is stressed more than on benchmarks or other games. Normally I would suggest working on bumping up the core clock first before memory and then checking stability because thats the easiest part to focus on at first. Memory can cause distortions and other issues like a BSOD just because you stressed it just enough to cause an issue.

Try moving just the core clocks and voltage up first, then work on the memory once you have that stable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-oc-issue.201838/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

A:Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 18.92%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 18.92%

What command do I type in Command Prompt if I want to use Last Known Good configuration

A:Laptop recovery issue

Boot into Safe Mode (F8), that's where the option is located

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recovery-issue.201476/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi All,

I am having a issue with my new router (Tenda W150D Router), its not giving me access for uploading any files through wi fi on my iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive), even I tried the same with vlc upload feature in iphone still it doesnt work......

I think the issue is with the firewall in the router which I cannot access normally from the router setup...

guys pls help.. any comments are welcome

A:Tenda W150D Router Issue

Hmm; accessing a website is an outbound action thru the firewall on port 80.
A site with file uploading uses the same port 80 as normally used for surfing the web.

We need more data to analyze the problem
?What URL are you accessing for the upload?

from this "iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive)", I assume the data moves this way:
ISP==router -- wifi to your 5S: using an app called Wireless Drive​?can you confirm this please?

?are you sure you're accessing the router and NOT attempting upload via the cellular connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-w150d-router-issue.201199/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello, I'm new here. I'm trying to fix my sons Asus laptop. it won't connect wirelessly but will connect via ethernet cable. device manager has exclamation point beside network controller. I cannot download drivers for it. can you help?

A:Asus X53E network controller issue/no wireless

"I cannot download drivers for it"... Why? Can you get the driver from here:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=114&m=X53E&os=&hashedid=mDFYFQWEpTitMwA6
If the driver won't install, the Wifi card may be bad... Something that doesn't happen very often

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x53e-network-controller-issue-no-wireless.201175/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys I had some contractors doing some work on my house today and they needed to shut the circuit off to the room my computer was in The computer was on at the time so it shut off when the power was cut Now it won t go back on Power button does nothing at all and I don t know if it s the power supply mobo or switch I ve got a power supply tester which causes my computers fans to start up when it s plugged in so the power supply does respond not Power mobo button working... issue? The results are in the attached file It shows LL which means to low to register voltage for the - V line I honestly don t know if I even have that line so I don t know if that s bad I attached the label on my power supply too Would Power button not working... mobo issue? no voltage cause a computer to completely not respond Because the fans DO start up when the power supply tester is plugged in I don t think the switch is the problem because I tried to short the power switch jumpers with a paper clip and nothing happened I also took the CMOS battery out for a while and then tried it again and that didn t work Any ideas on whether I need a mobo or a power supply I don t have an extra PSU around to test with but I may try to find one before ordering a new mobo thanks in advance -mike nbsp

A:Power button not working... mobo issue?

Not the switch. Could be the motherboard or PSU, but I don't have any good insight.

I would unplug the PSU and flip the 120/240V switch to 240V, then flip it back before plugging it in. To me, this doesn't make any logical sense, but over about 16 years of playing with PCs I have seen it work twice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-button-not-working-mobo-issue.201009/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

A:Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello ?
Recently, I need more speed for my computer.
Basically I want upgrade hardware but I am not expert: I need some advice.
I am using my computer for Computer Animation: Mostly Autodesk Maya.

I am in the middle of learning Animation Part and realize if I am going to use MentalRay with Animation,
I have to wait a long time [I believe].

Currently my computer's spec:
i5 2500K.
ASRock P67 EXTREME 4
8GB of RAM
GTX 560TI of 1GB

Which hardware should upgrade ?

A:I want to make more speed for 3D Tool - mainboard

Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-make-more-speed-for-3d-tool-mainboard.200200/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all I m hoping you might be able to guide me in diagnosing what the problem is with my editing workstation Specs Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C RAM GB Triple-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd X A-UD Socket C Graphics MB GeForce GTX EVGA C Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD HLHX- JJPV SATA C GB Seamus SATA GB Western Digital WDC WD EARS- Z B SCSI Disk Device SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D ATA Device have attached rest of Speccy TXT file I ve had a range of problems from random BSOD to general instability slow downs rebuild, PC issue etc) numerous Help diagnosing (after reinstalls, to very slow internet to HDMI output of video card not working OCCT tests said occt core over maximum value I have formatted and reinstalled Windows twice tested no problems and even reseated ram - which seemed to work for a time Help diagnosing PC issue (after numerous reinstalls, rebuild, etc) When problems started again I bit the bullet and paid someone to check it rebuild update BIOS and reinstall Windows which AGAIN seemed to fix the problems for a time this was doubtless a waste of time and money It s caused so much grief that I d move on and buy an entirely new machine - but I m too stubborn I want to get to the bottom of the hardware issue which is hopefully a component that needs to be upgraded anyway and can get on with my life So I m hoping people can give me guidance to run tests and diagnose exactly what the hell is broken in this box Thanks in advance Morgan nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-pc-issue-after-numerous-reinstalls-rebuild-etc.200246/
Relevancy 24.08%

Is it normal for the fan speed on my Radeon 4800 to be 0 when the card temperature is 71 degrees C?

A:Radeon 4800 Fan Speed is 0 at 71 degrees C

Nope.

Download MSI Afterburner, see if you can manually change the fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-4800-fan-speed-is-0-at-71-degrees-c.199553/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a problem with a batch of Dell optiplex 980's, for some reason the Main boards fail at a alarming rate.

According to Dell it is the memory controller that fails.

Error Lights 1,3,4 are on nothing on screen, power led solid blue about 10 error beeps!

Dell tech replaced the main boards and all is fine for a while but same problem persists.

Also according to Dell level 6 tech, it could be over heating, I had some fun proving them wrong, two PC's sealed in a box , hammering them, Temp between 85 Celsius - 90 Celsius in the sealed enclosure, optical drive started melting, cooled the PC's for a day and powered back on, no problems!!

Does any one out there maybe have a issue similar to this on the optiplex 980, main board failures?

A:Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Dell Optiplex 980 Lights 134 on no screen

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Turned PC on this morning lights 134 on plus blue power light but no screen at all. Still under warranty, phoning dell in the morning - I will keep you posted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-failure-issue-on-dell-optiplex-980.169232/
Relevancy 18.92%

After Broni s series of attempts to help me in THIS THREAD he suggested that I may have a video chip or motherboard issue NOTE I am on issue motherboard Possible a Chromebook now and am trying to clean my fiance s laptop He just got it back from a local tech shop on windows reinstall - he downloaded some nasty viruses via email attachments we believe BAD BAD BOY and I tried to reinstall windows on my own times but the acer discs would not complete the reinstall so we took it to the shop By he d managed to get reinfected but I don t know if it was residual from the previous infection My latest thread to him following his instructions to go into System Recovery mode was After some Googling re not being able to start the Acer the only way I could figure Possible motherboard issue out how to get past the screen with several vertical lines comprised of the little horizontal lines like my earlier video shows let s call it my HVLinePattern for shorthand was to take out battery for over minutes while unplugged the whole time press down power for seconds plug back in reboot and I could F and F but NOT F At some point I got a single set of short beeps cpu failure wild guess per http www fixya com support t -acer aspire laptop problems booting I cannot seem to reproduce these beeps tho I tried to let the laptop Possible motherboard issue start up in regular mode and kept looping the acer logo with options to F or F at the bottom vs a brief flash of black screen until I powered it down with the power button I rebooted tried to F and got what I interpret to be long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by the HVLinePattern screen I powered down and rebooted then hit F chose boot by disc took a screenshot but it s in video format oops can add later if necessary hit F and changed to boot order screenshot on my google drive -bit ly foRTDf put my windows install disc in the drive recovery disc of crossed my fingers rebooted got what I interpret to be long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by the HVLinePattern screen I then took out battery for over minutes while unplugged the whole time pressed down power for seconds plugged back in rebooted and long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by long short beepsimmediately followed by the HVLinePattern screen I rebooted a few times and shot a little video LINK ON YOUTUBE while I observed the same pattern of beeping Riveting stuff Click to expand As I expressed to Broni I m not terribly optimistic we ve already began the process of shopping for a replacement Now that I know the beeps have a significance I m a bit agitated that the tech shop ignored the HVLinePattern screen and the beeps they likely also heard Oh well At any rate if you have any insights I d be so very appreciative If not I truly understand that my fiance managed to do too much damage by not getting help quickly enough and or by clicking on an especially malicious piece of malware We just hope we can take steps to avoid it again in the future Thank you nbsp

A:Possible motherboard issue

Sorry! must've been half asleep when I posted this under MOBILE COMPUTING ... meant to put it in PROCESSORS AND MOTHERBOARDS and just did so. If there's a way I can delete my original post above, let me know so I can learn the RIGHT WAY to take advantage of this valuable resource.

Moderator note: Irwynn, I moved your post here to a more appropriate subject forum IMO.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-motherboard-issue.199691/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a 2TB My Book Live that I and my housemates use to store media. Initially I was the primary contributor to the drive, and at that time there were no issues. Eventually, someone else began adding files to the server. Since then, any folder that someone else has added files to cannot be accessed by me unless I am logged in as a guest. If I log in as an administrator the folders show up but are greyed out. This only happened with one user. I am running a Mac, and they were using Windows, but other Windows users have added files without causing this issue. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if anyone knows of a workaround other than always logging out as administrator when I want to access those folders.

Thanks for any help

A:WD My Book Live issue

This appears to be an issue on how the drive was formatted and hard disk permissions. Before I go through a bunch of steps to fix, since this is an older post, is this still an issue or have you resolved it?!

Post back please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-my-book-live-issue.196247/
Relevancy 18.92%

OK, so I have a stable network connection through my modem at all times and of which is currently hard wired to my desk top. Every hour or so I seem to lose connection to the internet through my pc but the modem still shows a stable signal (online light stays on) I run the trouble shooter for internet and get nothing most times so I end up having to re-boot the pc to get connection back. I'm not the most tech savy so any suggestions on how to get this fixed step by step instructions would be VERY helpful !

A:Internet connection issue

First I would try replacing the Ethernet cable being used to connect the modem & PC. Next, if there are other "LAN" ports in the modem, plug into a different port. After that I would try pinging the default gateway (ip address of the modem) with an infinite ping and watch to see if there are dropped packets. if there are multiple dropped packets, then it could be a bad network card in the PC or a bad port in the modem.

to infinite ping, open the command prompt and type the following:

ping <ip address of modem> -t (c:\ping 192.168.1.1 -t)

to make the ping stop press: Control C look at the results and see if you have dropped packets. Here's a look at mine after 10 pings

C:\>ping 192.168.10.1 -t

Pinging 192.168.10.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.10.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.10.1:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Control-C
^C
C:\>
Hope this helps, post back!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue.199470/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am new to upgrading my PC, but I have some experienced friends and I have stumped them all with my issue. I installed a new MSI Twin Frozr III R7850 graphics card in my HP Pavillion Desktop, I have a PCIe x16 2.0 and the card uses 3.0, however from research that should not be my problem. I installed the card and two startups in a row I got 8 1 second beeps. On the third startup however I got nothing, it just started up, no picture and obviously not loading any programing, but no beeping. I have tried the HDMI and DVI ports that the graphics card uses and I still have nothing. My computer, however, runs perfectly fine when I do not have this new graphics card powered. Am I doing something wrong, or is my card just dead?

A:Graphics Card Issue

Well ill go through a few basic things:

First did you hook up both 6 pin connectors?

Second what video card was installed previously, if it was NVidia, did you remove the previous drivers.

Third, have you tried different slots on the motherboard for testing, also does the motherboard have onboard video.

Try these solutions and lets go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue.198865/
Relevancy 18.92%

I'm having an issue with the keyboard for my Toshiba Satellite P775-S7320. Put plainly, keys have started triggering other keys, as if both keys were pressed at the same time. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard, but now, A and Tilde trigger one another, and the same for 1 and 2, Q and S, W and Tab, X and Capslock. The only exception to this is Z and \. Z will trigger \, but \ will not trigger Z. I've popped off the keys and cleaned them with compressed air, I've rebooted my computer several times, and am unsure of where to go from here.

A:Issue with Laptop Keyboard

Try hitting the NUM LK/SCRN LK key

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-laptop-keyboard.199043/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that I bought in 2006 and it runs EXTREMELY slow, whether I am on the Internet or just doing basic tasks in Windows or MS Office. It has Windows XP, some basic software (like MS Office), and only a few files (because the hard drive crashed last year, so I only put a few files back on it, after installing the new hard drive). I know it's relatively old, but is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the speed of the computer, without buying additional memory? Any help I can get with increasing the speed will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is a different issue, but sometimes the laptop seems to get too hot (at the bottom) after being on for too long.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell laptop runs extremely slow - need help boosting speed

First, make sure your vents are clear of dust. Heat can cause all kinds of issues. Do you have a cooling pad?

Second, have you scanned for infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-runs-extremely-slow-need-help-boosting-speed.167636/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello, I have a aspire 1430G desktop that has an AMD E-450 APU and I recently upgraded the PSU to support my also recently gained Gigabyte GT610. When I place the GT610 into its PCI slot and turn it on I get a black screen that says no input detected. When I remove the graphics card my computer runs like normal, and now im stuck with not a clue in the world of what to do to get the GT610 to work with my desktop. Any suggestions of what to do?

A:Graphics card issue with a APU

Are you connecting the monitor to the card? In order for the card to work the monitor must be connected to a port on the card.

If not the reason for the black screen is the integrated graphics is disabled when installing a dedicated graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-with-a-apu.198893/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Home A few days ago while watching a video on ESPN com an error message popped up saying I had an issue with my video card and then my computer froze and restarted itself before I can write down what the error message said Now when I turn on my computer I get to the screen to type in my username and password and get to my desktop but before the computer is fully loaded it freezes Everything on my desktop comes up normally with all the icons and background I can start my computer in safe mode and tried a system restore to no avail Can anyone help with my issue or send me in the right direction I did notice that under safe mode when my screen saver is supposed to come on I get this message quot The screen save can t run because it requires a newer video card or one that s compatible with Direct D quot Don t know if that is related Thanks for the help Card Video Issue Possible nbsp

A:Possible Video Card Issue

This laptop has Intel HD Graphics. It is called on-board graphics permanently part of the motherboard and it is not a video card. The graphics driver might have become corrupted or the graphics chip might have overheated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-video-card-issue.198605/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys. I am doing a project that compares the relationship between population and internet speed. I was really hoping that you guys would help me out and provide some data for me. Please leave comments with the following information
What's your up/down speed? (speedtest.net results preferred)
What's your local area population?
What's the population of the nearest city?
Any replies would be great, thanks all.

A:What's your internet Speed?

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already - I'll link it when I get a chance to search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-your-internet-speed.198656/
Relevancy 18.92%

I issue An logins with user have a former company PC Earlier I was attempting to remove the company An issue with user logins domain from it so that I didn t have to An issue with user logins log in as the previous user every time just to get to the desktop So I changed the computer name right click my computer properties computer name I then clicked on Network ID and set to this computer is for An issue with user logins home use and then it went wrong I restarted the computer as instructed and tried to log on as the user as before but it is telling me the password is incorrect The username is correct and so is the password It s clear that whatever I did with the Network ID has caused this I have logged on as administrator but need to access the other user due to the saved files on there etc Can someone help me revert back access that user account from admin Is there a way to completely detach the PC from the previous domain so that it is like a normal home PC with no log in Thank You nbsp

A:An issue with user logins

Administrator account has permission to access files from other users. Just go to the C:/Users section or whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-user-logins.198449/
Relevancy 18.49%

Alright this is really driving me kinda nuts I recently upgraded from a Pentium Dual Core ghz to AMD A - K ghz Quadcore Gigabyte F A M D H GB DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB temp issue A8-5600K monitoring TB HDDs Cooling A8-5600K temp monitoring issue info Aerocool Vs running stock heatsink intake mm fans x facing CPU side x bottom x front facing HDDs and exhaust mm fan at the back And everything s basically fine except the temperature monitoring for the processor A - k in the BIOS it s like C even if System Temperature was C is that even realistic and in Windows bit I can t tell which temp it is using HWInfo HWmonitor Gigabyte s easytune and coretemp In HWinfo it kinda claims the CPU is - degrees Then in Gigabyte s easy tune CPU is C so I traced it and if you look in the picture atleast according to Gigabyte it s Temperature - C but that s kinda unrealistic as it also stays at C even under full load Then finally in HWMonitor there s a Package under AMD A - K that says it s around - C but I m still not sure which one is it What is that quot package quot anyway In fact one time Hwmonitor said C was the max but maybe that was because I was runinng other temp monitors and it conflicted On the rest of the instances in this original post I made sure to run one at a time I ran a Blend Test in Prime and both the TMPIN which is the same value as the - C in Easytune and HWinfo and the A - K Package are changing and maxing at C and C respectively So all in all SpeedFan BIOS HWinfo and ET all display - C or something HWMonitor and Speccy display the - s Which should I trust or what should I use nbsp

A:A8-5600K temp monitoring issue

Trust the package temp, that's the one on those processors you should be watching for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a8-5600k-temp-monitoring-issue.197971/
Relevancy 18.92%

I recently upgraded the memory in my fathers Laptop from the original 256Mb sim to a 2Gb sim. No problem there however the Return key and the Cursor keys seem to have stopped working even in the Bios.

I have removed the battery and held the power button in for 30secs thinking a reset of the Bios would fix the problem, no luck there they still do not function.

I have removed the keys and checked that nothing has been spilled on the keyboard, no problem there ether.

I have also checked internally to see if there was any damage to the ribbon cable. Seems fine.

To be honest I cant seem to locate the issue and was hoping someone could offer some additional support. Anybody any ideas?

Specs: Esystem EI 3101 laptop, Intel Celeron M430 1.73ghz CPU, 2Gb DDR2, Internal 256mb GFX card.

A:Laptop keyboard issue

Did you try re-installing the 256MB memory to see if the keyboard started working again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-issue.195455/
Relevancy 23.65%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey, my name is Dazz. I am pretty new here and have just built a new PC, I have connected all the parts of the PC up correctly and seem to be having problems on startup. I hear the general kick into life startup but when I look at my monitor it is completely black, no startup screen. Doesnt even turn on, the light on the monitor is set to 'standby' straight away. I have no idea what the problem is at all.

Any ideas what it might be?

P.s.
I am using Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, 750W ATX PSU, Corsair Dominator 4GB Phenom II x6, and a Prolite E2208HDS monitor

A:GeForce GTX 690 black screen issue

The real question I have is why you are pairing a GTX 690 with a Phenom X6 and 4GB of RAM!

Jokes aside, does the GPU fan spin when you startup the PC? Is it properly seated on the PCIe port? Is there a power connection to the GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-690-black-screen-issue.196993/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,
recently my old router died, so I bought the new one. I connected it to my PC, entered my ISP information. It's working, but kinda slowly. My ISP speed used to be 10MB/s, but now I'm downloading torrents only with 1MB/s. Task manager shows that network is used by 10% since I have my adapers speed and duplex set to auto negotation. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I use cable connection.

A:New router slow down speed

Disable QoS on the router and the PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-slow-down-speed.196808/
Relevancy 16.34%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 24.08%

So this is my current situation.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2917185658

I don't know why my download is so low, sometimes it's skyhigh (~60mbps) and sometimes it doesn't even make the 1 mbps I'm hooked on straight to our main modem I even put off Wi-fi and everything and I still have around 5mbps please help

A:Having problems with my download speed

Contact your ISP and tell them your download rates are fluctuating. They have ways of testing for problems with the lines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-download-speed.195611/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi guys.
I have problem in starting my Laptop,window could not start normall I got black screen infront
of me whenever I start it so I have to ctrl+Alt+del to start it then thats the time windows is up and
running.What seems to be the problem?Please help I no idea in this issue

A:Windows 8 start up issue

Hi Bonmar,

It may be possible that Secure sign-in requiring all users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del is enabled on your computer. This generally provides an additional layer of security to protect the system.

In order to disable this option, please try the following steps:

In the Start screen, type netplwiz in the Search box, and then press ENTER.
Administrator permission is required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click the Advanced tab, un-check the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" check box, and then click Apply/Ok.
Hopefully, this may resolve the issue for you. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-start-up-issue.195528/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just did a couple speed tests on my computer.
The first one was 285pc Ping. 2.40mbps Download speed. 0.56 Upload speed.
The second test was 265pc Ping. 2.20mpbs Download speed. 0.60 Upload speed.
Are these numbers good? Thanks Ray ( hope I put this in the right forum)

A:Speed tests

With the exception of ping, they are nearly the same as what I have. Ping is a measure of time it take to get a response from a server. You could try a different server for different response times. However there are numerous reasons for fluctuation ping results, which could simply be a bad day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-tests.195079/
Relevancy 18.92%

Issue I currently have hard drives installed on my desktop I m Hard Issue(s) Drive using them as separate Hard Drive Issue(s) drives One is a gig which has windows vista came with the computer for every day use and the other is terabyte with windows which is for music recording purposes only Whenever I boot my computer it gets to a blue HP screen that has several F key options F F F and then there is an ESC option for boot menu to select between the hard drives The gig always boots up regardless of which one I choose All the cables are hooked up properly I don t understand Could somebody please help Oops I forgot issue My gig hd freezes up It was doing this before I got the terabyte hd which is why I bought it in the first place Everything loads up and works fine for about a minute or and then everything freezes Even after letting it set for awhile nothing works Not even Ctrl Alt Delete works Nothing I did a factory restore on it after I got all the files moved from the to the tera Any ideas on this one as well nbsp

A:Hard Drive Issue(s)

What are the make/models of the Hard drives? Have you tried going into your bios and set the 2 Terabyte hard drive as primary? In my opinion, I would eliminate Windows Vista (no point in running Dual Boot Windows Vista AND Windows 7). If you've already saved what you want from the 750 GB hard drive, then I would just format it and use it as extra storage until it no longer works, or just eliminate it totally from the system. You can setup profiles if you are worried about keeping information separate or you can give another operating system (Linux) a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-issue-s.195088/
Relevancy 18.49%

Long of it Hey I was playing Minecraft this Friday night when suddenly the screen stopped working correctly The moniter diplays everything fuzzy similer to the background here However at the top of my screen maybe about a centimeter everything is fine I can see the title bar of open folders and even managed to move my task bar up to the top of the screen and can see it about half way I can start the computer and access folders programs threw guessing where the icons are or using the keyboard to select the icons Works best when I have hot keys to work with to remove the clicking guesswork I m not sure what is going on with my laptop I purchased it almost a year ago on June th So I m probably out of luck on the manufacturer s warranty but I did purchase the year warranty from Wallmart so I m trying there But as my collage classes start on the th sooner I can get my laptop working the better Short of it The graphics on my Dell Laptop ain t working properly I can see a centimeter at the top properly but that is it The computer itself still works on issue Laptop Dell Sudden graphics I can open access everything I just don t have a visual on the GUI to make clicking things easy Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem while waiting to hear back about my warranty Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop Or am I just out of luck My laptop is an Inspiron N Intel Core i - M Processor GB Memory Integrated Intel HD Graphics Windows Home Premiun -bit Microsoft Office Starter Dell Stage software nbsp

A:Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

It's the sort of screen corruption seen when the integrated graphics are shot. The laptop probably needs a new motherboard. Playing high intensity video games for long periods on laptops isn't a good idea unless they have been designed to do the job. That warranty should come in handy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-graphics-issue-on-dell-laptop.195152/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi there guys, hope you are all having a wonderful day. I need a little advice on my computer as I am a very passionate gamer. I have a custom made PC which I spent quite a bit of money on and now I come to play games such as Counter-Strike:Global-offensive or DotA/HoN and I get crazy FPS issue. I honestly cannot understand why. Anyways I hope someone can shed some light on this situation or maybe take me towards the right directions

AMDPhenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6CPUs) 2.8GHz
8192MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (2.1GB RAM)
10MB Internet - Which runs really fast seeing as I am right next to the exchange

Not sure what other details you need. If you can help me or need more information to do so please let me know! thanks

Sorry I forgot to add that I get around 30-80 FPS on CS:GO

A:Searching for some advice - FPS issue

Are you running Windows 7 64 bit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/searching-for-some-advice-fps-issue.194945/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, I have been trying to solve my problem for two days. I spent some hours on the phone with my internet provider (Bell) to solve the problem and they finally told me that the problem would be my computer or my config.

The problem is that I can connect to internet with my cellphone and my tab but I cant connect with my computer. It says limited connectivity on my windows8. I tried disabling my firewall and most of the turotials posted on the net but still nothing works.

I would love to be able to solve this problem .ty

Ps: sorry if I am difficult to understand I usually speak french =)

I already tried to reinstall my network drivers (Broadcom) and it still doesnt work. My computer is a Dell AMD phenom X6 operating with windows 8 (64)

...I also tried the ip release and renew

A:Limited connectivity issue at home

Hey Math.Is your router secured?. If so,I would verify that you can connect using an Ethernet cable. If so, I would go into the router's setup and change the broadcast channel the router is using, change it to 10 or 11 and save the changes. Remove the cable, wait a minute, then try to connect.What is the make and model of your router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-issue-at-home.194246/
Relevancy 18.92%

Problem began a few weeks ago with the lap turn not shutting down...would only go to hibernate... now I can't run any virus software or malware software both of which are installed on hard drive, it gives me a message that foxfire is running and I need to close it but it won't allow me to close anything...even loaded malware on external hd and tried to run it from there but the computer won't open it up...

A:Lenovo laptop issue

What OS (Operating System) are you using? To shutdown firefox, right click the taskbar & on the menu that pops up left click Start Task Manager & go to the Processes Tab,find firefox,highlight it & click End process. You might get a pop up asking you to confirm it,click yes & X out of Task Manager.
You need to install Malwarebytes on the harddrive. Once its installed, update it & run a (full) scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-laptop-issue.194154/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I have an USB flash memory brand PNY. Its speed is very low, that is, when I copy or delete files into/from it, it takes a very long time to be done. Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks.

A:Speed the USB flash memory up

NO. Most likely you have it inserted to a USB 1.1 slot when it needs USB 2.0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-the-usb-flash-memory-up.193713/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all just need a little help from you smarter people.

I have lots of devices on my wireless all work fine until this Hp notebook starts it seems to kick everything else off the network. So now called the death machine by all the family. Is this just a setting on the notebook that causes this? It happens on all networks that it joins to and stops as soon as the computer goes back into sleep.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks Oli

A:Notebook network issue (death machine)

Likely you have an IP address conflict - - two machines with the same address.
This will cause problems with everything attached to that same router (wifi or wired).

Make sure ALL devices do not use manual settings but rather use automatic DHCP for both IP and DNS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-network-issue-death-machine.193051/
Relevancy 18.92%

The reason that I put this here is because of the crashes I get when running any dx10 game like call of duty, saints row the third, etc.. Every time it crashes I will get a different colored screen but it is all the same color. I seem to just get orange,red,and black mostly. And on some occasions my sound repeats itself over and over. My computer is not overheating for it runs 60c while playing games and it is getting ample power and air so I have no idea as to what is wrong and I cannot find a fix anywhere.

A:Dx10 issue

What are your full system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dx10-issue.193078/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi, I recently installed Norton 360 onto my OSwin7 Toshiba laptop andsubsequently now the computer wont start. it comes up with startup repair then says startup repair failed... is there any way to fix this issue? or get my files off the hdd onto another laptop??

A:Any help for a startup issue?

Firstly, I would never recommend Norton to anyone, its not as good as it appears - their marketing is just very good! Try starting it up in safe mode (push F8 non-stop from the moment you boot the PC and then select safe mode with the keyboard). If it starts up and you log in, open system restore (start > accessories > system tools > system restore) and restore the computer to a time before you isntalled Norton. It should help get it back up and running. If it doesn't work, I'll give you an alternative

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-help-for-a-startup-issue.192907/
Relevancy 35.26%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 19.35%

This is probably the third or fourth time I'm attempting this... I have a HP m390n desktop that absolutely refuses to connect to the LAN. Before, we would have it connected wirelessly to the internet by a card, but it recently took a dump. I've tried to get the LAN to work several times in the past, and even posted threads on other tech forums. They had me do many things, but in the end they were all stumped.

To put it simply, the internet won't connect. It shows that it sends (slowly) packets of info, but never receives. It won't load any pages . The Ethernet card is enabled, I have tried updating/uninstalling the drivers. The wire itself works, tested by my laptop and another PC. We have 2 other desktops that are connected wired to the modem, they never have issues just this one desktop.

Any ideas?

A:PC LAN Issue

Do you still have the wireless adapter connected? If so you may need to disable it. In order for the ethernet adapter to work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-lan-issue.192338/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have been having issues with nfs for the longest time ok here s whats going on on different os s same specs let me break it down Windows XP q ti drivers nfs hot pursuit GPU usage x max settings - all the time Windows q ti drivers nfs hot pursuit GPU usage - x or x max settings - fps all the time Windows q ti drivers nfs hot pursuit GPU usage - x max settings - fps all the time Is this a CPU problem I swear nfs is the only game I own and tested and play that struggles on windows but works flawless on windows XP at x max On win you see the frames did increase when I play at and it works great but recording sucks Pretty sure once I upgrade my q to something better I wont have this issue but why does it run so good in XP also the gpu usage stuggles to get up to or but did slightly increase at in win just weird nbsp

A:NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 issue

http://www.needforspeed.com/news/need-speed-hot-pursuit-minimum-pc-specs. That is very odd because NFS: HP 2010 doesnt use DX11, and thus, should prove to perform equally well on Win 7. Try clean installing the 314.22 driver (custom install-->check the clean install checkbox)-->then install).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nfs-hot-pursuit-2010-issue.192321/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a HP laserjet 4014dn. Only when I print large reports, I get a little bit of black residue on the edge of the paper. I just replaced the maintenance kit, but it only helped alittle. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?

A:Printer issue

Not sure if this will help, but maybe cleaning the drum may help? http://www.ehow.com/how_4811815_clean-printer-drum.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-issue.192043/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am having a strange issue with a Sony netbook (VPCM12M1E) in that the keyboard seems to have a mind of its own, it used to be an intermittent issue but is more prevalent now. The issue is that if I try to type it enters the letters in capitals, if I press CapsLock it goes back to lower case letters. If I use the numbers, ie. 1234567890 they come out as !"$%^&*(), whatever I do with CapsLock or NumLock. If I try \,./ I get |<>? However if I boot into safe mode it all seems to work fine.
So far I have restored back to factory, reloaded the drivers for the keyboard and pulled my hair out and there isn't too much left now. Have any of you guys any words of wisdom for me

A:Sony Vaio keyboard issue

The replacement keyboards are not expensive. Try a new keyboard. Other than this, the motherboard may be the cause

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-keyboard-issue.190786/
Relevancy 18.92%

Anyway that I can make the Thermal Element G case compatible with the ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155? I know the case doesn't have a USB 3.0 front port but the motherboard does. What can I do to get around this, because this is the only case that I can find that I really like.

A:MB and case compatibility issue

Ah, good to see you have received your components . I dont really get what you mean. The case doesnt have front USB3 ports? This may be because the case is an old model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mb-and-case-compatibility-issue.191480/
Relevancy 24.08%

Basicly the core i5-3570k is running at 1600 when im just browsing the internet and I dont really like that so is the ram which si running at 680 mhz while it shoud be 1600 how to fix this I know that it goes to these figures just to save energy ect but I dont like it

A:I5-3570k core speed

Change your computer power options to 'High performance'. That will fix the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-3570k-core-speed.191059/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi folks, I'm having problems with my wireless connection on my desktop computer and I'm really stuck! The signal regularly drops to 1 bar and the speed will fluctuate anywhere between <1Mbps up to 11Mbps (although it's usually at the lower end), and sometimes it will lose connection with the router all together.
I've used a Belkin USB dongle and more recently a TP-Link PCI Express card, both N150. My router is a D-Link N150. Both the dongle and the adapter have had the same issues. In comparison, my Lenovo Z570 laptop and before it got destroyed my housemate's HP laptop had no issues, which basically leaves me with just my PC as a possible cause or some sort of setting somewhere.

PC spec:
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LE
Processor: i3

If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful!

A:Wireless speed/signal problems

Does your router have a password? Someone could be stealing bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-signal-problems.190958/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys I just got a new modem and ii was geting 2Mb's down and like 0.10kb/s up, And since I got my modem they said im gonna get 4Gb download for web pages its the same time..... only my speed has went up http://www.speedtest.net/result/2568698551.png

A:Internet speed confusion

What is your question here my friend. Why did this occur?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-confusion.190594/
Relevancy 18.92%

I got this older computer I built just recently and when I power on the computer it turns on then off then right back on and I gotta say that this is the first time I seen this happen before. It has an ASUS mobo and there are no issues as far as I can tell and I think I tried the PSU in another computer and it was fine so I am not sure what would cause this? Any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks.

A:Computer power issue

Few things I can think of 1 take cmos battery out and replace it 2 check bios settings (default settings ) then depending how many sticks of ram u got take them out and put 1 at a time and see if problem still happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-power-issue.189876/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I bought a new 600w Ocz MoxXStream-pro Psc the other day. I set it all up correctly, then it on then slowly increases after it asks me to press F1 to continue the fan speed increases then hits 100%. Windows loads up and all that. So I checked everything over, put new thermal paste in. But still the Cpu fan is hitting 100% speed. This really concerns me... Please, can anyone help me? I put in the old Psu and everything runs fine.I really don't understand...

System Dell xps 420, Evage 650Ti, 750gb Hdd.

A:PSU causing 100% fan speed

Don't know about the xps 420, but many Dells have proprietary PSUs and motherboards with connectors that may or may not conform the the standard ATX specs for pinouts. Check the Dell website or google it, someone has undoubtedly run into this problem before with the xps 420. Also could be faulty PSU causing mobo to go into survival mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-causing-100-fan-speed.189700/
Relevancy 23.65%

I've copying files from one external hard drive to another and though both are USB 3 the transfer rate is 4MB/s or less. What is up? Both drives have been much faster by themselves.

A:Transfer speed between two external hard drives is 4MB/s :(

What kinda files? Lots of small files don't do well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-speed-between-two-external-hard-drives-is-4mb-s.189385/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey dudes got a small tech problem and hoping you guys know what the problem is ever since I built my computer last year I ve noticed a lot of my games stutter when my character is moving I ve noticed this in Sleeping Dogs and Path of Exile most notably but other games like The Witcher and Chivalry Medieval Warfare as well the screen seems to stutter for a millisecond every or so seconds or sometimes issue games, Stuttering in monitor possibly problem every second occasionally it ll just stop completely as in it won t stutter at all my FPS is staying a constant though no dips in FPS at all it s Stuttering issue in games, possibly monitor problem like the game jumps or something anyone have a clue what it is it s a minor visual complaint but it s pretty irritating also my specs GB RAM GB i k factory settings EDIT okay so I ve noticed this issue does not happen in windowed mode I m trying to go fullscreen on my nd monitor to see if it s monitor related but having a little Stuttering issue in games, possibly monitor problem trouble EDIT tried recording in Fraps to show people seems to completely or almost fix the stuttering while recording so I m guessing it s not my monitor here s the video showing off a little bit of it the beginning is where it s mostly at and the big stutter at is just an FPS drop but the rest is the stuttering issue I m getting nbsp

A:Stuttering issue in games, possibly monitor problem

What is the make and model of the power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuttering-issue-in-games-possibly-monitor-problem.188648/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I need a help to resolve one issue with my Belkin router F7D4402 v1. I have got it recently and configured it without any issue and my internet (ADSL) was up and running. However, later I have noticed that, my internet speed is limited to 1.5 Mbps. whereas; the speed I was getting on my old Linksys WAG200 router was minimum 2.0 Mbps.

I have tried to disable the QoS and other options but no use. But when I enabled the Mac cloning it worked fine. I was getting the speed I subscribed for, but unfortunately, the other devices on my Wi-Fi stopped working. With Mac clone enable, the internet is only available to my PC.

I need the internet on my PC plus all the Wi-Fi devices in my house and along with it my full internet speed, not just 1.5 Mbps.

Can anyone please help to fix the issue?

Thank a lot.

A:Belkin router F7D4402 v1 ADSL speed is fixed to 1.5 Mbps

It's not the router - - you up against the limit of ADSL.

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router-f7d4402-v1-adsl-speed-is-fixed-to-1-5-mbps.188430/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am paying for internet high speed 3 MBPS
just did a speed test my internet speed is Ping 155 download 0.56 upload 0.31
This is DSL
I have just called Windstream and there looking in to it.
My Qustion is where should I be at with 3 Mbps?

A:Need to know more about Internet speed

See this post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-more-about-internet-speed.188227/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am trying to figure out what s wrong with an older machine -- distortion on issue? Flash Audio older machine I put together for my dad It has a ghz Athlon XP processor GB RAM Audio distortion on older machine -- Flash issue? and a sound blaster Live -bit PCI sound card Very unimpressive machine by today s standards but he basically only needs it for web surfing and audio He likes to use YouTube as a source to learn new music etc The problem I am having is whenever audio is streamed in the browser which as of right now is Chrome the flash playback is very distorted or garbled I noticed that CPU usage is very high and I ve disabled hardware acceleration which didn t seem to help When audio files are played from the system however be it mp or wav the audio is completely fine so I m not sure what the problem is The computer is definitely somewhat of a relic but it should be able to stream audio video just fine I would think I am going to try a different newer power supply and maybe try to find more RAM for it but right now I can t figure out why the flash audio is messed up nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-distortion-on-older-machine-flash-issue.188162/
Relevancy 18.92%

The build consists of a core quad running at ish is it a Q or something like that I think has GB DDr GT and some intel branded motherboard Until the motherboard issue? Likely a new build im getting this from a bro what happened was it stopped detecting half the ram and started running mindboggingly slow Nothing as slow as hard drive issues would Likely a motherboard issue? cause I mean it would take minutes to open a web browser and games he used to be able to play fine like GTA IV would barely run then crash later Likely a motherboard issue? on saying your pc isnt good enough to run this game or something like that So its nothing a hard drive would or should do The mothervboard seems a likely choice for RAM problems but would it cause the speeds his CPU was running very hot at some points before this happened ish idk but it still worked fine So thats my question is it a definite motherboard problem or is it a possible CPU problem or something I would be buying a new drive since he took the old one out and a new motherboard if that was the problem and maybe a better heatsink If the CPU is the problem ill probably just part the whole thing out and use the money towards a new build nbsp

A:Likely a motherboard issue?

What version of windows and is it 32 v 64bit?

64bit systems with only 2gb active ram would be a poor performer. however, don't judge the system using the Internet - - there are many more reasons for poor network performance.

Process of elimination to test memory:
Keep stick in slot 1 and remove stick in slot 2; reboot - if it runs, stick 1 is good, else

Pull stick 1, insert stick 2 into slot 1 and reboot - - if it runs stick 2 is good, else trash and replace w/new

If #2 is good & #1 is bad, replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/likely-a-motherboard-issue.187324/